2. Shopping
Target Stores

Target Stores

4.1/5 (3788 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

- Please don't buy anything Target online store.

- Target do not refund any money if you order online and don't pickup.
- Target store customer service only in Philippines.

- In store don't care online customer.

I order online printer and didn't pickup so order canceled by itself but target charge me $85 dollar for the printer I didn't pickup. I call store, store customer service give me Philippine 1800 phone number. I called couple of times, still I haven't get any money back.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I purchased over $200 of merchandise from Target, $75 on a Store Merchandise Card and the balance on my credit card. I ended up not needing $90 of it, so I returned it. They put $75 back in Store Merchandise Credit and $15 on my credit card! WHY? I spent $125 on my credit card, so ALL of the $90 should go back on my credit card. I spent more than enough to "eat up" my store credit. WHY??? You are controlling your customer by FORCING them come back into your store. I covered my $75 and put MORE on MY credit card, so do the credit the CORRECT way. UGH - totally NOT customer friendly!

Original review: July 1, 2021

I placed an online order on 06-23-21, with a promo of 2 day shipping. After my order was placed, the estimated delivery date was 07-29-21. That does not seem like 2 day shipping. I called Customer Service on 06-28-21 to see if I could get my order shipped quicker, and was told that the request was sent, and I would receive an e-mail with an update if my request was approved. No e-mail sent. On 07-01-21 I called again to Customer Service to Cancel my order entirely and was told I could not cancel my order because it was not processed yet. What a Line of Bull. Wouldn't it make more sense to cancel my order before it is process to ship? I was told that when I receive a message that my order has shipped, then I could cancel my order. This is a backwards policy. It cost the company money for labor and material to process an order and get it shipped, when it doesn't cost anything to just cancel the order. My name is Lisa ** and I approve this message.

Sign,

Very Angry Customer

Original review: June 23, 2021

As someone who designed Targets, I can promise they care as little about the customers as humanly possible. They purposefully design their stores so you get lost, have hard times locating what you want, and force you to spend as much time as possible in the store. This leads into the reason I will never shop at a single Target again in my lifetime. Upon needing to have a new bank card issued, I went to Target and wrote a check, to which it was declined even though there was enough money in the account to cover the purchase 100's of times over. Why was it declined? Well, because in order to write a check to Target, you must first have a good history of writing good checks.

Please, I would love to meet the team who apparently all failed kindergarten and came up with this asinine policy. Whatever stupid backwards logic was running through their heads when they created this policy was the last straw for me. No longer will I buy a single item from Target again in my life, and if you value being treated like an actual human being by the company you do business with, I would suggest you no longer shop there either, because to them you are nothing more than a pile of money.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I've been looking for new and trendy apparels for my casual wear home fashion. I never look out for the Target after reading the customer reviews. But believe me after I shopped from Target and bought my PJs and t shirts, honestly those reviews now seem to be fake. I was bombed with a huge collection of apparels to choose from. All the fresh arrivals have a mix of decent, trending, coolio choices. I must say Target is doing a great job along with offering discount codes to online coupon sites. I also found $20 Target coupon from **. They have valid and working codes. I am absolutely satisfied with the Target collection of apparels along with working discount codes.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Don’t order from target.com. They pack your item so tight that it gets damaged. Then it is out of stock at all your local stores. This all could be avoided if they just knew how to properly package a item. Will never use target.com again.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I love Target, they have reasonable prices and their associates are very nice. I would totally recommend them to friends and family. I have shopped there and have gotten some great buys. I totally recommend them.

Original review: May 19, 2021

The Target in Fairfield lets homeless people hang right by the door. Also, their employees smoke next to the door too. I have told the managers there multiple times but nothing is done. It just invites more shady characters to hang around.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I love the Target stores because the store is always clean and very well organized and the shelves are always stocked nicely and prices are good too. The store aisles are very wide, and with the Covid pandemic they are always wiping down the carts and the belts near the cashier. I like the five percent off when using my target card, which is great that’s another reason why I shop there. I also like I can buy all my groceries there too.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Great store with lots of variety. Love the toy and game section. Electronics are well stocked and seasonal stuff always get my attention. Smoke parking and employees always in a good mood. Returns are easy!!

Original review: May 16, 2021

I was shopping at Target and the store was organized and had a good experience, fair prices on certain items, sale racks do not show final price on tag. Needs to pay attention to the shopping carts, I noticed several broken ones, the one we had was dirty and it had a sharp edge that could cause a injury to a child and the seat part where my daughter sat was broken. Gave to the man receiving the carts and made him aware and he pushed it with the other carts for someone else to use. The lady at the register was really nice and polite.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Constantly in stock and awesome customer service. Overall great shopping experience in-store, order pickup service. Very easy store to shop at. All items are listed on their website with their exact location.

Original review: May 14, 2021

One stop shopping. Growing up in Chicago (City) we didn't have Target Stores. I was so jealous of my friends/co-workers in suburbs. Sooo happy they're here. Great customer service, great selection of products.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Most items I shop for are available. The prices are pretty fair and competitive. Very friendly and helpful staff and the store is always neat and clean. The product selection is up to date. I would recommend Target to my friends and family.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The logo is catching along with the red and white. Commercials are short and cute. The stores are always. Lean and neat. They are well lit and merchandise is not crowded together. Products are almost always marked with price and departments are clearly noted. The food area is again, clean and lit well. Food arranged neatly. Target stores stock well and you do not feel put out with stock people and they are not in your way. My only negative is if not price machine, it is then hard to find help on the floor.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Target store is right on spot when it comes to customer service. The staff are friendly and helpful with not only assisting a customer but with disabled patrons as well. I have never received such assistant at other big box stores. The staff are more than happy to help no matter what they were doing at the time. Highly recommend this store for all your needs.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I went shopping for a swimsuit, and I found the perfect one for me! I was pleased with the Value and ease of purchase. I would recommend Target to everyone! I'm 65 years old and it isn't easy to find the right swimsuit lol.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Target is a delightful shopping experience all the way around! You have ease, great pricing, great follow-up, and super delivery. Target takes great care to ensure everything is packaged well, and delivered in expected condition. Additionally, they care about their customer relationships, and encourage feedback to ensure satisfaction. Very good selections across all sectors, create the icing on the cake!

Original review: May 11, 2021

Store was clean, had plenty of selection, employees were very helpful in finding things. I also like the pricing. I like being able to see and try on the clothing as well as seeing the quality of the merchandise. I love Amazon but that is one area they lack in! But I guess you can't have everything! I also like their return policy quick and painless! They are also nearby and easy to get to!

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have enjoy every time Target’s services either in the store or online purchases. Their customer service to help or please the customer is outstanding. I never had the need to request attention towards my product issues as I had in other stores. They back up their products and they will do any accommodation towards your inconveniences and replace the item you are not satisfy with or simply refund your money to fix the problem. It is my favorite store I have encounter and I do thanks their customer service as well as their managers.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Target offers great deals on the Target Circle App, plus if you don't have their cards, they reward you with 1% of all your purchases in credit on the app. I'm impressed with the shopping carts being sanitized for you, when you enter the store, friendly employees! And clean and organized store!

Original review: May 10, 2021

Target is the prime example of corporate America. You would think all of their items are made of gold, diamonds and silk by the way they price their items. More people will almost always pick Walmart over target due to the fact that Target is a uppity type of place to be in and it's uncomfortable as a minority to even walk through those doors like we don't belong there unless we work there for a regular paycheck. I'd rather shop at Dollar General if Target was the last option for a major supermarket.

To be honest Target should be in places like Hollywood and Atlanta not is cities where you have more poor than rich. Its kind of an insult just looking at the prices and wishing you could afford that nice piece of decor or potted plant but that same potted plant can be found somewhere else at least 10 to 15 dollars cheaper and that is what bothers me about Target and the way they prove their items. Guess what Target Walmart built a store by the people for the people. You built a store by the rich for the rich. I for one don't like rich people.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Local store consistently is "out of stock" on many items, including sale items. I no longer shop Target very often, as I waste too much time looking for what they don't have, both online and in the store.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Usually has the items I need. Produce is usually very good but has been scarce. Store is always clean and orderly and the help is almost always friendly and helpful. Although, on occasion, they have been surly and condescending. But, through the years they have been helpful and well-stocked. They were very kind and did their best to service customers during the first confusing weeks and months of the COVID-19 nightmare.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Appreciate the layout of all the stores with nice wide aisles. Items are easy to find. We just bought a ** phone there and The Tech Guy in electronics was phenomenal. All the clerks are very friendly and more than willing to help you. They all seem to know where a specific item is if you are looking for it.

Original review: May 8, 2021

So I happened to have a Target gift card and was going in specifically for a tie, a belt, and a few plain white button down shirts. The tie was perfect, so no issues there. As for the belts, they were exceedingly limited in the styles and brands that I was expecting. And I know it is Target, a department store so I didn't go in with super high expectations, but seriously there were maybe MAYBE 10 different belts. Also none of them were styled for business casual/professional, they were just work belts. On top of that they literally had no plain white button down shirts. At all! They had the fashionable (or what they consider fashionable) but no neutral, plain, ordinary white button downs. Sorry about that rant, but I expect that kind of thing from Walmart, not Target.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The store was clean, very well organized, items were easy to locate, and there were plenty of stores workers available to answer questions. I was easily able to find the item I was looking for. Also, the restrooms were clean. Plus, they had a Starbucks!

Original review: May 7, 2021

Well organized and good availability of most items required by a household. One stop shop. They can improve quality and variety of fresh produce. Pharmacy service is very good. Some items are more expensive than other stores such as Kroger or HEB. Assistance from associates is easy to obtain. During the current pandemic, implemented all safety precautions but some associates were spotted without masks.

Original review: May 6, 2021

On the Target app it will show that a particular product is in stock. I have gone there 3 times and when I look and ask, they tell me it’s not in stock and the inventory number is wrong. I have even asked them to check the back and they still will come back and say that it is not there.

Original review: May 6, 2021

We use Target for most of our weekly grocery shopping. The prices are good and you get 5% off using the Redcard, which is basically a debit card. There's also a handy app, so you don't need to carry the card with you. Sometimes they have inventory problems, but I give them a break, since we're in the middle of a pandemic. Overall, a great store.

Target Stores Company Information