Target Stores

Target Stores

1.4/5 (32 ratings)

About Target Stores

Target is a big-box store that stocks general merchandise. It allows customers to find pretty much everything they need in one store, saving them time and effort. At Target, customers can find everything from groceries and household essentials to home decor and office supplies. The company provides free two-day shipping on online orders, but customers can pay extra for same-day delivery.

Pros

• Discount with Target RedCard
  • One-stop shopping
  • Customer-friendly layout

Cons

• Stores smaller than some competitors
  • Fewer stores than similar chains

Bottom Line

Target is a general merchandise store. Customers can find most everything they need, and there’s a variety of brands to meet many budgets. There are locations in all 50 states.

Target Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: June 2, 2022

I received a $50 gift card for my birthday and tried to use it for an order online purchase. When I went to checkout and scratch the back of the card for the access number the sticker wouldn’t peel off properly to see the number. The sticker started to break off into pieces and the number wasn’t visible enough to use. I called customer service to see if they would give me a replacement and they told me to download the app to scan the bar code on the back only for an error to show up after several attempts. They then asked for me to provide an email to send a picture of the back of the card so they could verify there was still a balance. After sending it, they then tell me that they don’t have record of the card in the system probably because it was purchased in the store.

They then asked for me to ask the person who gave it to me for the purchase receipt. They asked for her phone number and email to see if she had an account. They were going to call her to see if she had a purchase receipt. This is not efficient way to handle this. What are the chances she still has the receipt after purchasing a month ago. I understand they need to verify the purchase of the gift card but if the long bar code and event # on the back can’t prove that there is money on the card, then what’s the point of the bar code. Why can’t they just cancel the card I have, and issue a new one. Giving out someone’s information and then asking for a purchase receipt (given they still have it), after taking a picture of the card seems a bit much to do to receive a placement card which takes 5-7 business days to receive in the mail when all the while neither party is at fault for a damaged card. It’s a hassle and inconvenient to say the least.

Target is not a new company and this process seems a bit intentional in the hopes that maybe people won’t go through the trouble to fix the problem that they didn’t even cause. It’s just not realistic that there isn’t a better way to trace gift cards if in the event it is damage. What then is the purpose of both of the bar codes then.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I called to have an item price matched. The lady told me it could be done and she told me to purchase it while on the phone. After I purchased the item, she tried to give me the difference. She then stated that it can not be done because it was through a third party. If that was the case, she should of told me that it couldn't be done before she told me to purchase the item. I would have just went through Walmart.com.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Target has recently increased their prices, some only 5%, while the majority of prices went up 25% or more. Meanwhile, they provide their employees with decent starting salaries, but give raises at anywhere from .5% to 3%. Maybe they should take some of their 13 billion in profits and take care of their employees. The COO makes over 12 million a year in salary and the CFO makes more than 20 million a year salary. It is pathetic in any business that these people think they deserve such a salary (if you break down the 12 million to 40 hours per week, it is 5,769 per hour), but yet they are so proud of the fact that they start their people at $15 per hour. Maybe if the top tiers gave up some of their salary, they could pay their people an actual living wage and maybe give them decent raises. Who needs or deserves to make over $5,000 per hour. NO ONE deserves that type of salary.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I am a 74 year old Air Force Veteran and I was refused service at the Target store located at: 2430 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, Florida 33914. I was refused by a cashier and the store manager the purchase of a case of “Hard seltzer water” because I didn’t have a card with my birthdate on it. The Veteran’s Administration I.D. with my picture on it. PLUS my obvious age should be proof enough that I’m old enough to purchase “hard seltzer water”. I complained to the BBB for Target's headquarters in Minnesota and got nowhere.

Original review: April 13, 2022

It's incomprehensible that they ship baby puffs in the same box with baby wipes, toilet paper and other boxes. My items were crushed inside the bags and two popped open. The app and website force you to select from limited options then request the food to be packed up and returned to them for a replacement or refund. It's absurd. Hire a shipping manager that can use basic common sense when packing items.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I do not buy a whole lot from this store anymore. I used to, that is why I got their credit card in the first place. I bought a hand vac that would never charge properly. I tried another and had the same issue. About a year later I tried to buy a gaming chair, online. When it arrived there was not ONE single hardware piece in the box (which was taped up, by the way, when it arrived). All that was in the box was two cushions and the bottom plate to the seat cushion. No arms, not screws, no wheels, not even the wheel base. After I ordered it, I noticed they had dropped my limit, for not using them enough. THIS is the kind of crap that has had me NOT use them. They will probably go the way of Kmart, I imagine. Poorly managed business all the way to the top.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Target throws liquid and delicate items that might break during shipping loosely into boxes without any kind of protective wrapping, only some air filled bags on top, which do absolutely nothing to protect the items. My order just arrived with the dishwashing spray bottles leaking. Also, the white target tape they put around the spray nozzle and where the cap screws on does nothing to prevent leaking either. Most of the tapes were wet with liquid when I removed them. Target's shipping department needs to do a much better job.

Original review: March 11, 2022

After over 10 years of having a red card, in November did not see the email bill. Noticed I missed the payment. I called and paid in full the 55 dollar balance. Customer service said it would not go on credit report because I was never late. Well they reported it and my perfect credit score was ruined for 55 dollars. Called back CS. Rude and would not help. Canceled my card because they also lowered my limit to 200 dollars. Target does not care about my business.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I used to love Target. No more. I purchased smart TV on Target.com to pick up at my local store on Thursday night with the intention of picking it up on Friday. It showed as being in stock, and was on sale. Shortly after making the purchase, I received a message saying the TV was no longer available for store pickup, and that I should select one of the other available options. Those were:

*Pickup at another store - Which sent me back to my local store, indicating the TV was in stock.
*Shipping - Which said it would not ship to my address.

*Another Item - The EXACT SAME TV, but at FULL PRICE, not the sales price!

I called the store manager to complain about my experience and ask for the smart TV at the sales price. She checked their inventory and explained the online inventory was in error and different from their store inventory. Unless I wanted to purchase the floor display model - I did not - she did not have the TV to sell me. She offered to see if it would come on the expected Friday or Saturday deliveries or to work with me on the price of a different TV. I said that we could see if it would arrive. As an aside, I was upset to learn that a store manager can't adjust the order to get an item in order when a customer has been mistreated. Ridiculous! Of course, the TV did not arrive with the deliveries on either day.

On Saturday, I called Target.com customer service. They were unable to locate the smart TV anywhere within the Target system in order to send it to me. So Target sold me a smart TV, but wouldn't actually allow me to purchase and take ownership of said TV. Thanks, Target! As I explained to both the store manager and the customer service representatives, I can't stand Walmart. However, within 2 minutes on their website - and no hassle whatsoever - I purchased the smart TV that I wanted, and they confirmed they are preparing to ship it to me. I hate that Target's comedy of errors in this situation has made Walmart look good. Sure, Target is sending me a small gift card for my inconvenience...but I can't use it toward the TV they sold to me, but won't actually allow me to have.

Original review: March 5, 2022

On January 31 I purchased an iPad 10.2-inch Wi-Fi 64GB (2021 Model) – Space Gray for my mother. On, Thursday, February 3, 2022, I received a package but to my surprise when I opened the package it did not contain a $349.79 iPad, but a $4.79 jar of Tostitos Medium Salsa Con Queso. I, immediately called Target customer care and their response is that since the delivery was successful there is nothing they can do and to reach out to the credit card company, after I had sent them pictures of the box and its contents. There also was no packing label in the box. I filed a formal complaint with Target. I did call the credit card company and they credited the account pending an investigation with Target. On 2-4-2022 I mailed a letter to the CEO and never heard anything from him. Somewhere around 2-8-2022 I received the refund from the credit card company.

On 3-1-2022 I received a letter from the credit card company stating that because Target considers the delivery to be successful they would be charging me for the iPad (the jar of Tostitos). I called Target again on 3-1-2022 and was told by a rep that they would refund my money in 24 hours. On 3-3-2022 I receive an email stating that because the delivery was successful I would not be receiving a refund. I called Target to file a formal complaint and explained that I did receive a package, but it did not contain what I ordered and to voice my extreme disappointment that not even the CEO felt it necessary to give me a callback.

I filed another complaint and on 3-4-2022 I received a letter from the Executive Team at Target saying that because the delivery was successful there was nothing that they could do and that in their minds the case is closed. Customer Service is not a hallmark at Target and they apparently learn it from their top executives. I’ve shopped at Target for over 30 years and will never step foot in another store or go to their website ever again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I ordered a variety of throw pillows to try for a new sectional. One large pillow was delivered in a damaged box (torn open) and left in the snow (UPS issue not Target). The pillow inside was wet as a result. I contacted Target through their App and explained what happened. Less than a week later I got a new pillow. We liked all the pillows we ordered and kept them all. The extra that got wet dried out just fine and Target said I could donate it which we will. Excellent!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I don't like that the Target corporation eliminated their overnight positions. Here is why. When I want to shop early in the morning now the employees are in the way restocking shelves, being too talkative (I'm not a morning person) pestering me if I need help. I don't like that, I'm a very good shopper. Let me ask YOU when I need help. This is why you have OVERNIGHT staff. The morning staff only get in the way. I want to have a quiet shopping experience with little interaction especially early in the morning which was when I preferred to go to Target. I feel eliminating the overnight positions was a bad idea.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Target clothing is degrading towards women. In order to fit in their clothing, you have to be extremely skinny. Brings women down when you have to be a specific shape, size in order to fit in their clothing.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I bought online and had delivered, same day a car seat/stroller. My card was charged 80 dollars more. I called the NE Target store, lady #1 and manager sent me on wild goose chase. When the answer was so simple, know your policy!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Target is a good store to have around. They carry little of everything. Their sheets and cookware sell fast, not because they're cheap but because, they're made so well. I think clothes are reasonable, in style, lots of colors, that not expensive. Staff is also helpful. Great.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Target shelves are pretty much stocked except for the pet food(cat) aisle which is pretty much empty. Pretty sure this is due to gridlock at the ports. Store is overall clean but need more associates to accommodate the crowds sometimes.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Target refused to explain why my gift card not working. I already went to Target store to retrieve video clip showing that I checked balance before shopping, I had $100 balance in my card at AM10:17. But at AM10:35, this card cannot be used when I check out. Even Target store manager/security can provide such proof, I still cannot get the balance back and Target cannot explain where the gift card balance went.

I went to Target store (Mountain View, California) and talked to store manager Amy. Security member Armamdo then reviewed the store video camera at that day.

They confirmed: 1. On 12/30/2021 AM10:17, Target register did confirm I have $100 on my gift card (see picture #1 attached). This picture was captured from the video when I checked balance at register. 2. On 12/30/2021 AM10:35, when I done shopping, I tried to use this gift card but it didn't work. (see picture #2 attached) Amy and Armamdo asked me to contact guest service first then they will provide proof for above facts (video and computer transactions etc). Can you review my case and investigate what happened to this gift card? Where did the balance go?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I decided to try shopping Target online because I couldn't find the Akedo mystery pack anywhere else. The reason for buying these are to find rare action figures. You don't know which character you are getting until you open the package. One of the characters are very rare and worth a lot of money. I ordered 10 packages the first time and over half had been opened. I was very disappointed but decided to give them another opportunity. The next time I ordered 20 Akedo mystery packs and when I received them every one of them had been pre opened. They had to have been shipped that way from Target because they were in sealed Target boxes. I probably shouldn't have ordered a second time. That was my mistake. There will not be a third.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I think that prices could be lower than what the store has them at and that it should jack the prices up because of the store name and that quality of the stuff should also be important to them and not the price and that customer service could be better or at least more polite and that it could have the layout of the store easier to get around in and understand where things are at.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

TARGET lost the card and trying to get a replacement has been a nightmare. I have been disconnected (hung up on) 17 times. You cannot understand what they are saying because of broken English. I am still waiting for the replacement card that I ordered back in November. Very rude and hard to understand. My poor granddaughter still has not received her Christmas gift. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE FROM TARGET. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Complaint against Target today 12/27/2021. I’m very disappointed for action from the Team Associate to resolve an issue related to don’t let me buy a little Lego bag toy for my 7 years old son. This store isn’t oriented for the customer service. SuperTarget located at 10150 Bloomingdale Avenue. Riverview, FL. 33578. USA

Tonight at 7:10PM at Super Target my wife and I were I were shopping groceries, frozen items, and a little toy for our little kid. In fact, we are loyal customers with Target since we are living at Florida (21 years). Today when I was at the toy department I found on the shelves a lot of lego toys and I took a small lego bag (less of $5) “Racing Car” for my son. Daniel told me, "Dad I love it." Then, when we approached to the self service registers around 7:10PM we marked the groceries, frozen items, and the toy.., surprise that the label code for the Lego bag doesn’t work and we call the Team associate (bilingual girl) who was in charge at the self service registers. Then, she approached to the register and told me “I’m sorry but this item I don’t know where you got it but not suppose to be at the shelves until January 1st, 2022... you can’t have it....! It’s not for sale," she said.

I was in shock and I told her and explained that this Lego toys are on boxes on the shelves a lot of them and the price is around $4.96 or $4.97 and it’s a gift for my little kid that he’s waiting for. Also, I request to her for a manager on duty, and she took the Lego bag from the register... say sorry again and put it into the basket for the return car... Whatsoever, I felt lost and disappointed because the toy are on shelves for sale and this girl didn’t call the manager, I didn’t have the chance to talk with the manager because she doesn’t care, and also I couldn’t bring the toy for my kid .., I told her three times I will make a complaint about this unfair treatment and she say sorry and back to talk with another team mate. Honestly so can’t believe it.. we felt ignored 100%.

Then, when I arrived at home I explained to my kid about the Lego and he was very sad. Anyway, I don’t know if the Target Management support this kind of customer service treatment, but I believe that the customer is the 1st priority and ignore a customer is not really good. It’s totally away from the vision and mission of the The Corporation. In fact, I will find that toy and buy it for another retailer. I didn’t request anything for free. I request for let me pay the toy and at least to speak with the manager to solve this issue.., but it didn’t happen ... guys please learn from this issue and reinforce your customer service policies.

Trying again to buy the toy for my kid... Today 12/28/2021. I tried again to buy two (2) lego bags for my kids and definitely the store management for this Target don’t care the customers. I called ** the manager on duty and I explained the situation...and she denied the sale with a smile and telling me that the all bags and the items were placed by mistake. Honestly I don’t care about this... you put the items on shelves and you have to sell them and that’s it $4.99 per item. She must honor the sale as I told her but she didn’t care and said “NO” until 01/01/2022. It’s happened today at 4:05PM. This management is pathetic and non oriented to the customer service. For my side I won’t recommend Target anymore. (I have photos of the items on the end so shelves as proof.)

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I've never had such an excellent shopping experience from a store before. Order processing is fast. Shipping is fast. Products are always in stock & quality is high. My $ is well worth spent here. Thank you Target!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

MJ has only web-chat for tech support. Long wait & time-consuming service. When problem not resolved and I wanted to return new device, Tech Support told me to talk to Billing, and vice versa. Nothing resolved.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I placed an order at the beginning of October for some photo prints. Today is 10.14.21 and I am still waiting on that. I was trying to get those prints before my trip out of the country, I am leaving today without photos. Do not bother to order photo prints from Target is going to take forever, look for other alternatives BUT Target.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Terrible service. Do not shop here! Ordered same day pick up at store. Told it would take up to 2 hours to process. 2.5 hours later I stopped by the store. Order still not processed. Told I could wait but no guarantee they would get to it before closing. Staff had no interest in fulfilling the order. Will not shop at Target anymore.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

This is one of several visits I have made to Target's app to try and make a purchase. Firstly, search results leave a lot to be desired. Search for something and get results that have nothing to do with what you are looking for. Search with different key words and it gets more aggravating and more irrelevant. Then, if you do find things you'd like, there is a guessing game on shipping costs. Some items qualify for free shipping and some don't. Listen Target, most shoppers don't have time to play "does it or doesn't it qualify for free shipping games". I can understand why Amazon is so successful online, like the company or not. It's a very simple process without wasting time. If Target would put as much emphasis on making their business more convenient for the public rather than more convenient for Target then maybe their online sales would should increases like Amazon's does. TO the CEO, worry more about improving online customer service than forcing divisive cultural issues down the public's throat!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I ordered school supplies online and was given estimated delivery date. The next day I received an email that my delivery is delayed... This happens every time I order online from Target.com. I'm not happy with their online business.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

- Please don't buy anything Target online store.

- Target do not refund any money if you order online and don't pickup.
- Target store customer service only in Philippines.

- In store don't care online customer.

I order online printer and didn't pickup so order canceled by itself but target charge me $85 dollar for the printer I didn't pickup. I call store, store customer service give me Philippine 1800 phone number. I called couple of times, still I haven't get any money back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My Roku television purchase from Target approximately 7months ago has no picture. L called to file a complaint but because l had it more than ninety days l am responsible to get it fix. Customer service is rude and ignorant to my situation. L will not purchase another tv from target also. L am outrage with this company.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I purchased over $200 of merchandise from Target, $75 on a Store Merchandise Card and the balance on my credit card. I ended up not needing $90 of it, so I returned it. They put $75 back in Store Merchandise Credit and $15 on my credit card! WHY? I spent $125 on my credit card, so ALL of the $90 should go back on my credit card. I spent more than enough to "eat up" my store credit. WHY??? You are controlling your customer by FORCING them come back into your store. I covered my $75 and put MORE on MY credit card, so do the credit the CORRECT way. UGH - totally NOT customer friendly!

Target Stores Company Information