2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5
    1973
Based on 5,045 ratings submitted in the last year

Target Stores Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I made an order on 12/2/19 with Target.com. My order was for a family with 3 little children in Washington St. The husband was deployed, serving our country and they needed things that they couldn't afford. Order # ** is reportedly stuck in processing. I have called at least 10 times on this. One evening I spoke to 5 different CSRs. I have 2 reference numbers ** and **. I paid with a gift card. So they say they can't issue a refund and they won't cancel the order. Personally, I think they should send this order to them for free. Speaking as a business person myself. But this is just my opinion. It's a good thing they found food banks to help. We were able to send them Domino's pizza and subs. This is a terrible business practice. Thank you Domino's Pizza!! I will be posting on every available Social Media until it has been resolved. #DominosPizza, #Target

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Target.com advertised "Guaranteed Delivery by Dec. 24th" if ordered before midnight, which I did [yesterday]. I checked my checking account balance to see what I had left for some light grocery shopping to discover over $600 in my account. Target only processed $59.99 of my order, which will be delivered on January 7th. I called Customer Service immediately for clarification. To my dismay, the bulk of my order is scheduled for delivery on Dec. 30th! I asked for an immediate cancellation of the entire order. Their response was to put a Hold on the entire $555.25 cost of my order per my checking account; thus negating my ability to just shop elsewhere.

They can't cancel when an order while it's being processed. They can't or won't upgrade an order for Next Day Delivery while it is being processed (or afterwards). Everything is up to Processing. Apparently, Target doesn't have inter-department communication. Maybe... MAYBE I might be able to cancel my order on the 23rd or 24th. Otherwise, I can just refuse delivery, and their Hold on the aforementioned $555.25 will be lifted shortly thereafter. Their professional, then cursory apologies do NOT save Christmas for my 4 & 6 year old sons (who still believe in Santa Claus)!!! I suppose I can throw myself at the mercy and charity of local churches, but who knows what we can get at this late date. Oh, the joy of living 74 miles (one way) from the nearest Walmart or 119 from the nearest Target. Thank you Target; this will certainly be a memorable Christmas for me and my family.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I recently received a letter from Target telling me that I needed to use my Red Card soon as they were going to cancel it for non-use. I also have a Target Red Card debit card that I use on a regular basis. I called customer service to tell them that I needed a replacement credit card because I misplaced mine hence the 14 months of non-use. If they cancel your credit card your debit card also gets cancelled and you are no longer eligible for the benefits. I repeated multiple times that I did not need a replacement debit card, that I had a debit card, and only needed a replacement credit card. The agent assured me that she understood and that I could expect my card in 7-10 days. I got mail from Target in 7 days and was happy to be on the short side of the estimated delivery window. That was until I opened the envelope and found another debit card.

I immediately called and the new agent acknowledged that she noted that the wrong card was sent and she would be happy to send another one - in 7-10 days. I told her that I wanted them to overnight it as I already waited a week and it was their mistake. She then told me that it would be $15 to OVERNIGHT a card, this was on Monday, December 16 at 5:24pm. I reminded her that it was Target's error and that I would not be paying $15 for their mistake, I had to repeat this 3 times before she went to the supervisor to get the OK to override the charge. She then proceeded to badger me about being home to sign for the package at 10:30 the next morning, we all know that you don't know when UPS or FED EX will be able to deliver, but I did have my (over 18 year old) son watch for them from 10:30 to 1:30 when he was home from school. No card was delivered so I called again on Tuesday, December 17 at 5:53 pm.

After being on hold for several minutes I was told that because the card was ordered after 2:00 pm the OVERNIGHT delivery was actually bumped to the next business day which would be today, Wednesday, December 18. I was home all day, no delivery. I called today at 4:00 and was told that their OVERNIGHT delivery really two day delivery. What??? So, tomorrow, December 19 is SUPPOSED to be the day it is to be delivered. I am getting the run around at this point and put on hold several times while the agent calls "a supervisor in the United States." I'm sure this is to get the verbiage to cover for another error.

I have mailed overnight mail several times and it was delivered as promised. Target is lying to cover their multiple errors. Target is charging their customers $15 for delivery that takes 3 full days, if it actually gets delivered tomorrow, plus a full evening. So I had planned to use my replacement Red Card to go and buy a bunch of Christmas presents, but another company got my business instead. A thank you would have been nice.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Amazon Show 5 was advertised as Buy one get one free, items ordered and only one delivered. Upon calling customer service they stated it was a mistake on them, gave me reference number and would send out item. Item was never received, called Target. They claimed it was a "mistake" and they wouldn't honor it. So basically Target committed FRAUD. Upper Mgmt stated upon contacting they wouldn't honor either, We closed our Target card.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

This past weekend our family went to see Santa to give him our list for Christmas gifts. Last night at dinner our doorbell rang and our 4 year old daughter was excited to see who it was and as she opened the door the gift she asked for from Santa was so graciously delivered to our door by the driver in its original retail packaging. Heartbreak! It's December, doesn't Target think to over-box packages for delivery. How about birthdays, graduations, etc. Poor decision by Target to not over-box. Merry Christmas! BTW, I told the 4 year old to pretend she didn't see it. That obviously didn't work. Instead she cried all night because she couldn't have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Buy 1 get 1 free till next day wasn’t honored. I called customer service and they said it was an error on their part and they just took it away and they said they couldn’t honor it and they are allowed to do that. That is terrible customer service. I will contact better business bureau.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I could've order the Ninja 1200 professional blender system at Walmart, Costco, Kohl's for similar price but Target offered a coupon. After daily emails for a week saying shipping delayed got one today saying item cancelled "because of a problem with my address". I've been getting items from target.com all week (that weren't Black Friday deals). They are really out of stock and can't fulfill item!! What a scam!!! Don't order Black Friday items online if you want to actually get them!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Placed an online order today at Target.com for a tv, which came with an extra 15% off for Cyber Monday. Target website said it was available and I could order it and then go pick it up at my convenience. After I placed the order I got an email a few minutes later saying the order was no longer available because they went to get it and there were no tvs there anymore. I go back to the website, and the website now shows the item is still available but can't be ordered anymore. I'd have to go to the store to pick it up. Store closes at 9pm, I work till after 10pm. I'd have to go the next day. Oh and the 15% discount is no longer available either now. I have to officially cancel the original order or they'll cancel it up to 5 days later. I cancel it myself now.

I use the Target Chat line to find out what is going on. I'm told the item is still available in the store and they'll honor the 15%. Again the store closes before I get off work, I'd have to go the next day. The agent I'm talking calls the store to see if they'll hold it for me. The agent checks and then tells me the item is no longer in stock and I'm out of luck. Paraphrasing the last part of course. What is usually a pretty simple transaction became nonexistent because of a website mistake and I suspect human error on their part. Not sure I'll deal with Target's website anymore after this.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I called to reverse a Returned Check Fee, which they refused to entertain. There was enough funds in my ACH bank, which never has had a problem, so it must have been some system glitch. But Target wouldn't understand this. So Goodbye, RED Card.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I placed an item in my cart for 119.00 on the evening of 11/17 and the next morning was going to complete the transaction, only to find the item was removed from my cart and the price went up 40.00 to 159.00. I contacted Target and was told the sale ended. There was nothing on the item saying when the sale was to end and they would not honor the sale price. I told them it was like removing an item from my cart, marking the price up, and putting it back on the shelf. They would not budge and would not offer the original price. At least with Amazon, you will get a notification and information on when the sale ends.

Target Stores Company Information