3.95/5
Based on 2,436 ratings submitted in the last year

2721 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was in the Clackamas, Or. store on Saturday 2/23/19, and it was very unkempt. Overflowing garbage containers, empty napkin dispensers, food messes all over the seating area. There was even a basket of frozen food items left on a table and it was there for a good 45 minutes. The area just looked like it hadn't been serviced for a long time! Not a good experience, not impressive at all.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Order placed in Nov. 2018. Notified multiple times of delay/backorder, then order cancelled by Target in Feb. 2019. My husband did not get his Xmas gift. I am very unhappy. Call Target customer service. Passed from one person to another. I am less happy. Finally a supervisor agreed to let me purchase an equivalent quality product for the original price of item on backorder. I am less unhappy.

I select an item and am assured the reduction is in Target's system. They would be applied after I checked out. However, the system would not recognize my PIN and the purchase denied, 3 times. I received 2 calls from my bank's fraud unit but had to go to the bank to resolve the problem. Returned to Target's online shopping website to find the replacement item I selected was in my cart. I input my card data and placed the order. Yeah for Target! Chat initiated to verify the promised price reduction would be applied to my purchase. Disconnected from chat 3 times. Very frustrated.

2nd chat almost completeď. But it took a long time, and repeated explanation of what happened. Chat lost. Very, very frustrated. Called customer service, again. Person I was speaking with looked at the notes in the system and would only discount my purchase for an amount less than what the previous rep agreed to. I got tired of dealing with her and said I wanted to speak to her supervisor. I was told my request to speak to management was not possible, she argued with me but finally connected me with someone. Extremely frustrating and more than very unhappy.

I repeated the purchase history to the supervising rep. She looked at the notes in the system and agreed on my paying the same price for the replacement. Happy to work to resolve the cost issue with this customer service supervisor. I went back to my Target account and verified the correct, agreed upon price was reflected on my order. Satisfied with the end result. Very unhappy about the multiple chats and calls it took to get there. I was on the phone more than 3 hours, a ridiculous amount of time.

Final analysis: time spent, frustration level experienced was not worth being allowed to pay the amount I originally agreed to spend. Almost 4 months later and I still don't have my heated mattress pad. And guess what - winter in Tucson is almost over so I probably won't even get to use it until next winter. I will never, I repeat never, shop at Target again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Online store sent me damaged furniture. Took over a month to get it sorted out with various departments handing me off in a maze of incompetent support people. Delivery company called me and told me they would leave the sofa on the sidewalk, and after I had to return it they told me to leave it outside. In downtown Atlanta? Yea right! Finally a drunk delivery driver arrived to pick up the damaged sofa.

Two weeks later still no refund. I'm glad I got a receipt and took photos of the driver picking it up, and the sofa in his in his vehicle. I knew things would go south after the botched delivery. Now I get to wind my way through a maze of terrible Filipino outsourced tech support to get my money back. It is too much to ask that Target track a return and refund me, I have to do their job for them. Never ever ever order anything from these people.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Clean, well-maintained stock areas and aisles; knowledgeable, helpful employees. Enough choice without being overwhelmed. The CVS pharmacy in the store I shop at is a jewel.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Comparing Target to Walmart is a different animal to me. Target has much better associates and I find their prices equal to Walmart. Being in the retail sector for over 30 years, I also find Target a much cleaner store and less cluttered than Walmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I love Target! You can find just about anything you need or want. The fact that they have a Starbucks in almost every store is also great! Their prices, especially for seasonal items is always lower than any one else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Great value for the money. Always feel like the quality is just a little better than Walmart. Certainly the lines are definitely better & that makes any slight trade-off re:selection worth it. And always very clean with courteous, knowledgeable staff.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Target is one of my favorite places to shop. Usually clean, orderly and well stocked. Customer service is friendly and helpful! Only dislike is the checkout process. Not enough cashiers and occasional long lines.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I LOVE Target!! I do 95% of my shopping (groceries, makeup, etc.) at their stores! They have everything you need and are always kept so Clean and their employees are helpful and courteous! Great Stores!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I always enjoy Target and the great service that they have. If you cannot find something, any associate will take the time to locate it even if they do not know themselves where it is and take you the location.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I will not shop at Target. When a store decides that grown men can use the restroom that is designated for women, they don't need or want my business. This chain is attempting to be politically correct, when what they are doing is alienating a large percentage of their customers. Men and boys should use the men's room, and women and girls should use the women's room.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have stopped buying clothes at Target. Styles look pretty good. Prices are low as well. But I would rather pay more for items that have a better quality. Clothes, turn to rags after wash, fabrics lose shape and color.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Their customer return and pickup are sometimes in the same line causing delays. They sometimes need to be better organized. The prices are a bit higher than other retail stores also. Besides that the store seems to fit the bill.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On Nov. 23rd I order a couch through Target.com. Everything proceeded normally for a purchase, I got a notification when it shipped and I got a notification from the local shipping company scheduling delivery. Since it was December in upstate NY I took off work the day of delivery to be at home since they were just going to leave it in the driveway in the snow. No delivery. I waited until the 10 hour delivery window had passed and called the delivery company and they never received the couch from Target.

Three days and 4 calls later they found the couch but it was damaged. Before refusing delivery I contacted Target about a replacement because we got rid of our old couch when it was first scheduled to be delivered and we're hosting Christmas and needed something. I was assured that a replacement would be processed and I would get it in time for Christmas.

A week later there was no movement on my Target account. The replacement couch order still said processing. I called Target to confirm the order was moving forward and a very rude customer service person told me I needed to just wait and to give him a break because he was getting hassled all day (at his customer service job). 3 days later still no movement so I called back and was told the original replacement was not processed correctly and they would move it through now, but the item is now back ordered. It was already Dec. 20 so I would have no couch for Christmas.

On Dec. 24 I checked online and the item was back in stock. I called to confirm there was nothing else I needed to do to make sure my order would go through. After 45 minutes waiting on the phone the customer service rep with a very thick Indian accent couldn't understand what I was asking so hung up on me. I didn't have time to call back and deal with it then. On Dec. 26th I got an email notification that my order was cancelled. I called immediately and they put in a new order and I had to wait to speak with a manager to get the price adjustment to the original price I paid.

On Jan. 11 I got my couch- 7 weeks after I originally ordered it. When they cancelled the first order for no apparent reason they didn't process a refund correctly. I have called twice to have it processed and supposedly it will happen in the next few days (it's Feb. 17)- I'm not going to hold my breath. All along the 12 customer service people I talked to didn't care that this was a ridiculous situation or was apologetic in any way.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Target's "2-day shipping" is a complete joke. You'll really receive your items in about 5+ business days. If what you need is time sensitive, get it somewhere else! A recent order of mine took almost two weeks for it to arrive. I don't understand why Target is ALWAYS behind? No wonder so many rather deal with Amazon!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Target's new layout makes more sense. They have also made their prices for items more in line with the competitor and offer more specials than they use to. The store is always clean and spacious. The staff is always available for assistance which is the most important thing since the remodel.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

In Aventura Florida most employees on the floor are unable to help the customer because they are unable to speak English. I do not speak not so I understand Spanish. Employees at the very least should be bilingual.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

A few of the stuff in the furniture section were overpriced and some racks like chairs didn't have price tags. The baskets with wheels were missing for buying few items. Other than that, self check out and the layout of store is well designed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Ordering online or going to the brick and mortar I always get exactly what I am looking for. Assistance to my questions when in the store are resolved immediately. They care and that shows me I am important to their business as a consumer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I like to shop at Target for a multitude of things. It is a one stop shop. The Quality of the clothes for my grandchildren and bedding is wonderful. When I shop for food the quality of produce and meat has been great. If you want to order online and pick up in store, that is available also. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Target has remodeled their stores to produce a shopping experience similar to a department store, only with much more choice. The stores are clean, easy to maneuver a shopping cart in and most always uncluttered. Employees are pleasant and eager to help with questions and finding an item. Always my choice over Walmart except for specialty meat items in the market area. Walmart has a larger selection.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Target has nearly everything, from fresh fruits and vegetables to clothing, shoes, and toys. I have my prescriptions filled there. Even their cheese selection is remarkably good. When I need a variety of items, Target is my go to store.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Target is my go-to for everything that I don’t want large quantities of. They are a great place for just about everything that I need for home and groceries, except meat, fruits and vegetables. Their prices are reasonable and if I shop before people get off work I avoid crowds.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Generally, Target is a very pleasant experience. The stores are clean, well stocked, and provide excellent customer service. Whenever I shop online for store pick up, the purchase is ready and exactly what I ordered.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Target is a great retail store that offers its customers one stop shopping. Not only can you purchase clothes and home goods, but it also provides its customers with a state of the art grocery store as well. My only suggestion would be that it should allow for a better cafeteria for its customers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My biggest issue with shopping at Target is that the inventory seems to be placed at random on the shelves, nowhere near the SKU/price. I wonder if this is because of limited literacy among the associates. It's tedious to have to find a price check for everything. Also, women's clothing, the sleeves are always inches too long.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If I could give them a below 0 review I would. I ordered some things online and and paid with PayPal. I cancelled the order because of the issues with shipping and not only did they not refund me but charged me 3x for one item. I've called them 5x now to get the refund and they keep telling me I'll get within 24 hours and still haven't seen anything. They are Target alright... They target your money and take it! IDIOTS!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The store is ok. Their prices are higher on each item I buy at Walmart or Meijer's. I only go to Target when I can't find something at the other stores. They might or might not have it, but if they do, I can count on paying more. I never feel comfortable when I'm in the store. Clerks are brusk and dismissive, customers are not the best behaved.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I stopped shopping there because their prices have gone up so high so much so that I and most other people I know don't consider this store a store for value and worth going to anymore. Also there isn't enough help there to find things. I must state that there are a few things that have competitive pricing but Target, advertises that they are a true value store and they are not.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Fast checkstands, Pharmacy in store, Friendly staff, good sales, but clothing a little high. Five dollars back on every ten RXs, and very fast service in the pharmacy. A department for everything, cheap diapers and good quality.

Target Stores Company Information