2.40/5

2702 Target Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Target is my go-to for everything that I don’t want large quantities of. They are a great place for just about everything that I need for home and groceries, except meat, fruits and vegetables. Their prices are reasonable and if I shop before people get off work I avoid crowds.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Generally, Target is a very pleasant experience. The stores are clean, well stocked, and provide excellent customer service. Whenever I shop online for store pick up, the purchase is ready and exactly what I ordered.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Target is a great retail store that offers its customers one stop shopping. Not only can you purchase clothes and home goods, but it also provides its customers with a state of the art grocery store as well. My only suggestion would be that it should allow for a better cafeteria for its customers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My biggest issue with shopping at Target is that the inventory seems to be placed at random on the shelves, nowhere near the SKU/price. I wonder if this is because of limited literacy among the associates. It's tedious to have to find a price check for everything. Also, women's clothing, the sleeves are always inches too long.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If I could give them a below 0 review I would. I ordered some things online and and paid with PayPal. I cancelled the order because of the issues with shipping and not only did they not refund me but charged me 3x for one item. I've called them 5x now to get the refund and they keep telling me I'll get within 24 hours and still haven't seen anything. They are Target alright... They target your money and take it! IDIOTS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The store is ok. Their prices are higher on each item I buy at Walmart or Meijer's. I only go to Target when I can't find something at the other stores. They might or might not have it, but if they do, I can count on paying more. I never feel comfortable when I'm in the store. Clerks are brusk and dismissive, customers are not the best behaved.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I stopped shopping there because their prices have gone up so high so much so that I and most other people I know don't consider this store a store for value and worth going to anymore. Also there isn't enough help there to find things. I must state that there are a few things that have competitive pricing but Target, advertises that they are a true value store and they are not.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Fast checkstands, Pharmacy in store, Friendly staff, good sales, but clothing a little high. Five dollars back on every ten RXs, and very fast service in the pharmacy. A department for everything, cheap diapers and good quality.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Always clean and organized to find what you need if not someone is always happy to assist finding what you are looking for. I love the quality of their merchandise and clothes and the selections, I love how so many Targets have added grocery items to their store, pretty soon it will be a one stop shop.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I don’t shop Target much anymore due to their bathroom policy or changing room policies on allowing men to have exposure to female children. Have visited Target only once in last couple of years. Miss shopping there.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I love their end cap deals and the ease of finding items I'm looking for. I do not like their gift card deals where you buy so many and get $5 gift card because they are often confusing and not clearly marked in the aisles. I have often got to checkout only to find the sign was under the wrong product. Other than that I am pleased with my Target store. I can expect fast checkout and they are willing to open more registers if there is a bottleneck of any kind. This is so much appreciated when I run in to pick up a few things and don't have a lot of time to waste.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I like Target - a store I chose over its nearest competitor. The customers are more civilized and don't block an entire aisle making selection. Have better products at reasonable price, employees are most part friendly and knowledgeable, if not they find help to give the correct answer. Stores are clean, wide aisle and offer good selections.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My local Target has a grocery section, but they don't carry things that I want. I like Dove candy, but they don't have the type I like. I like Foster Farms buffalo chicken, but they don't carry it, etc., etc. I still like the store though. They have lots of other things. Large selection of cosmetics.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Love shopping at Target. They always have a wonderful selection no matter what the department. I always come away with new ideas for my home. As for groceries they are always fresh and well presented. Ladies apparel will always have something new and different no matter your size. Love their lingerie and athletic wear...always the best. The toy selection is awesome along with the books section. Excellent selection for my Grandchildren. It's always clean. The employees are always friendly too. I love Target.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I find Target to be a well-kept store, with good products plus a friendly and helpful staff in my experience. I am not sure what else to add... except good prices too. I am sorry if this is not enough but it illustrate the saying that "HAPPY PEOPLE" have no story to tell.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Target is usually a decent shopping experience. Getting someone to help you find something can be a bit difficult in some areas but possible if you persevere. The products are useful and prices for items on sale are about average.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Target used to be one of my favorite stores, reasonable prices, some quality clothing, had variety of products. Today I can’t say the same. Many products they don’t have any longer, they only sell their brand; the clothing became such a bad quality and prices are so high. I don’t go there any more than every 6 month, which I used to go every week.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Purchase and shopping was uneventful. I placed a partial order for pick up and the girl did forget something initially so it is important to pay attention. I did not see the parking lot pick up option on the website which is what I was looking for.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Every time I go to Target, I don't have to look very far to find someone to assist me. They are friendly. They know the product I show interest in. The displays are very well stocked. I enjoy my shopping trip.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered 3 garage cabinets that needed to be put together. Two were fine, but the third did not have the hardware bag with the necessary screws etc. I contacted Target to see if they could ask the manufacturer to send the hardware to me, but they wanted me to return the cabinet to a Target store and order a new one. The cabinet weighs about 60 pounds and I can't easily return it. They refused to contact the manufacturer. I contacted the manufacturer myself and they happily sent out the hardware. I feel that if Target sells merchandise, they should do whatever they can to make sure that the items are useable. I will not be ordering anything from Target in the future. There are many, many online stores that do stand behind their products and they will be getting my business in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered a Fisher Price Jeep on 12/9/18. I got an email that told me who would be shipping my package. After I read all the negative reviews about EFW, I was little nervous. My experience wasn't really that bad. Target said my package would be delivered between 12/20-12/24. When I checked back after I got an email that said it was on its way, my date had changed to 12/21-12/26. I was a little upset because this was supposed to be a Christmas present for my 3 year old. But I didn't worry too much about it.

I finally got an email from EFW on 12/17/18 at 3:30 pm that my package was set to be delivered on that same day before 6 pm. My package did not come that day. The package did not come the following day either. On the night of 12/18, I emailed EFW asking when would my package be shipped. They said it would be there by 12/19. Well to my surprise, it did arrived on that day. The package was not damaged. I don't know where the package was left because someone else in the household put it in the house. My experience wasn't as bad as a lot of the other reviews. They did waste my time for two days but, it arrived before Christmas so I was okay with it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Love the new style and ease to cash out. Their cashiers stand out and greet you if their aisle is open. Always friendly and pleasant and store is clean plus even if parking lot looks packed never any long lines.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I enjoy shopping at Target, the experience is always very good. The quality of the merchandise is always excellent. I always find the stores neat and clean. Sale items are always in stock. I also find it refreshing not to be forced to listen to the annoying piped in music. It’s amazing how much of a pleasure that is.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Target is a organized store, lately they have lower prices than Walmart. It is located conveniently close to us. The store has new styles in clothes, lots of good brands on sale. Their products are better quality than a lot of other stores.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The local store is always clean and neat. The employees are very friendly and ready to help you. Customer service is always ready to assist however possible. The parking lot is kept clean and there are always parking places available.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

About a month before the holidays, we went to our local Target for wrapping paper, gift boxes, small appliances and gifts. The quality of the paper goods was abysmal. However, since we were interested in recyclable materials, we found them acceptable. Extremely expensive but acceptable. The small appliances were all Chinese trash, but given present day circumstances we expected nothing else, however the prices were such that we decided to skip the items offered. Clothing was not better, again Chinese trash, cheaply made, mostly plastic, and hideous in style (fashion?), Needing something to put beneath the tree, we made two purchases, both of which had to be returned.

The return process was difficult, although the young man helping us was so over-worked we really had to commend him for his patience and willingness. In short, Target is no worse than any other modern retail store. And it is no better. If I could think of better solution, I would offer it, but given modern economic realities, I doubt anything would be feasible.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Tried to get service. Forget it. The salespeople are too interested in doing the store jobs and I bought a device that tracks my steps and 3 days it was done with never to work again and the prices at Target are way higher than Walmart. So from now on Walmart gets my business and my wife could find no clothes that was to her liking but Walmart did so I did all my Christmas shopping at Walmart.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

They carry nothing or very little of plus size. What they do have is not stylish. I no longer shop there because clothes, shoes and pajama are not for me. The decor selection is very nice but a little pricey. The store seems geared to much younger customers. My daughter likes to shop there.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Aisles well light and space enough to pass with carts. Bright lights which makes things easier to see. Shelves not too high so I can reach the tops. I appreciate that as I am five foot 2. Toy dept very kind and easy access to help. Love the new home goods and designs.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We have shopped at Target for many years. We purchase household and grocery items. Their pricing is good, the stores organized, however they tend to be out of stock for items we need; whether soy milk or sheets, frequently we have to go elsewhere to complete our list. They have redesigned most of the stores in our area, we like to shop in the one that is not remodeled, the new design makes you feel like you're at a Kmart or CVS with diagonal aisles and manogines - I hate it.

Target Stores Company Information