2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: April 6, 2021

Horrible customer service. Do not buy from them. Your future self will thank you. I received a gift item of Cassette to MP3 converter. It worked for 5 minutes. I called to ask for repair/replacement and the customer service rep simply talked over me. They have no clue how to run a good company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Ordered Slide converter. Was the worst reproduction of my treasured slides. Gave up and returned to Sharper Image. Bought through Amazon.com and as of now 3 weeks later, after returning, I have not received my refund through amazon credit card. I was so frustrated with this converter. The signs instead of words made it more difficult to use and through 100 slides, it did not take them. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

After 9 phone calls to try to get the correct iPhone printer exchanged and credit for returned item since they charged me for both I’m still out some of my money from 12/3/20 and it is 1/27/21. This company has wasted 9 hours of my time. They owe me way more than the cost of the item!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I received this pillow and it was supposed to come with a free $25 gift card. It says you can use it on whatever you want. There was no gift card so I called Customer Service. They told me they would send me a code to order something but the purchase would have to be $49 or more. I told them that’s false advertising that nowhere does it say that. I asked them if I could purchase the pillowcase. Listed for $19.99 for the pillow with the gift card and that’s how I found out you have to spend $49 or more. Also if you want to return the pillow they will charge you about $9.00 for a shipping label. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Good luck if you ever need help with your order from Sharper Image. I ordered expensive tire inflators before Christmas. They created the FedEx label, but never sent the products. After dozens of emails and calls, my order was nobody's concern. FedEx rightfully could not assist me, and Sharper Image Customer Service offered no answers and no help. All with a condescending attitude. We are talking an order worth $186. I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company, and presto! Suddenly the products are on their way! I don't want them now, was not given a choice, and have zero recourse. This morning's rep had more attitude than all combined. I do not recommend shopping at Sharper Image. I never will again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I made a purchase in the amount of $142. I received no follow up email, no FedEx tracking number, no merchandise. Countless email and phone calls to them went unanswered. Terrible customer service. Wished I read this before you bought.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Please beware. I purchased a wireless TV speaker for my husband. It does not work. I'm trying to return it and my order is open so I cannot use the online return service. I've emailed customer service 3 times and called 3 times. No response and the hold time was 61 minutes on average. It's $149 and useless.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I ordered my boyfriend the golf caddy cooler club for Christmas in Nov. It came in on time but of course is broken so I’m trying to send it back and get my money back like any sensible human. But, every time I call the customer service line it’s at least an hour before I can speak with anyone. I waited 30 minutes over my quoted wait time yesterday (Jan. 5) and was finally connected with someone who was helpful and sent me my return information. Now..this is where I got so mad I decided to write this review. My total return amount was $53 but I was charged a $27 return fee!!!! I’m not outside of their holiday return policy or any of their return policies for that matter. I emailed the customer service email asking what that was for and still no response. So now I have to wait another hour to talk to someone. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

After ordering an over-priced gift item two weeks prior to Christmas, that was in stock and had no indication of being low in stock, I waited an entire week for shipping information and finally called (after putting the same item in my cart to insure they had the item). Was told it had been out but was in now back in stock and they would express ship it. Waited another 4 days, called and now learned it is again out of stock, but the manufacturer will ship it after 12/28. Asked to cancel the order but told it cannot be cancelled. During this entire fiasco was never contacted. Will NEVER order from this company again - and hope those reading this will take warning.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased several items from Sharper Image and it took a long time to receive. When I finally received my order, one of the items were missing in the box, even though it was on the list in the box. I called and informed them to no avail. The customer service was horrible. The representative paused a long time then barely answered, stating they would send the item....Never did. I called again same thing...Never sent anything..Stated they could not provide a tracking number. I sent several emails and no responses. Please DO NOT purchase from this company. I got charged $80 for an item I NEVER received. THEY DON'T CARE..SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Sharper Image author review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team