2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Please beware. I purchased a wireless TV speaker for my husband. It does not work. I'm trying to return it and my order is open so I cannot use the online return service. I've emailed customer service 3 times and called 3 times. No response and the hold time was 61 minutes on average. It's $149 and useless.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I ordered my boyfriend the golf caddy cooler club for Christmas in Nov. It came in on time but of course is broken so I’m trying to send it back and get my money back like any sensible human. But, every time I call the customer service line it’s at least an hour before I can speak with anyone. I waited 30 minutes over my quoted wait time yesterday (Jan. 5) and was finally connected with someone who was helpful and sent me my return information. Now..this is where I got so mad I decided to write this review. My total return amount was $53 but I was charged a $27 return fee!!!! I’m not outside of their holiday return policy or any of their return policies for that matter. I emailed the customer service email asking what that was for and still no response. So now I have to wait another hour to talk to someone. Absolutely ridiculous.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

After ordering an over-priced gift item two weeks prior to Christmas, that was in stock and had no indication of being low in stock, I waited an entire week for shipping information and finally called (after putting the same item in my cart to insure they had the item). Was told it had been out but was in now back in stock and they would express ship it. Waited another 4 days, called and now learned it is again out of stock, but the manufacturer will ship it after 12/28. Asked to cancel the order but told it cannot be cancelled. During this entire fiasco was never contacted. Will NEVER order from this company again - and hope those reading this will take warning.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased several items from Sharper Image and it took a long time to receive. When I finally received my order, one of the items were missing in the box, even though it was on the list in the box. I called and informed them to no avail. The customer service was horrible. The representative paused a long time then barely answered, stating they would send the item....Never did. I called again same thing...Never sent anything..Stated they could not provide a tracking number. I sent several emails and no responses. Please DO NOT purchase from this company. I got charged $80 for an item I NEVER received. THEY DON'T CARE..SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Order was taking a while to ship. Each time we received a response the ship date was extended. We finally told them on December 18 not to ship. Just cancel the order. Instead they shipped on December 22 and processed the payment. Now we can do wait until the item gets here then ship it back before we will get a refund. All the trouble could have been prevented if they would have cancelled the order like we asked before it shipped. Also the customer service is horrible. Very rude and ask like they either don’t know how to help or just don’t want to help. I really wish I would have read their reviews and complaints before buying from them because they have hundreds. Please don’t buy from this company it will not be a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I have been back and forth with Sharper Image and Fed Ex about a package. SI sent an e-mail stating shipping confirmation. When I didn't receive the item I contacted SI. No real answer. I then contacted Fed Ex who told me that the shipping label had been generated but no one had contacted them to pick up the package and as far as they knew, it was still at the shipping point. I again contacted SI and no one can tell me if it is there in their warehouse because the people you talk to do not have access to that information. They really don't have any more access to shipping information then you do from the e-mails you receive. What a waste of time! I don't blame those that I talked to, it is the system that is messed up.

I now have to try and substitute a Christmas gift for a 12 year old. If it were an adult no big deal, but a 12 year old grandson is different. I placed the order on December 8. The tracking label wasn't ordered until December 13 and the package is in limbo somewhere. I know it is a busy time of year, but... Maybe stores should carry more items rather than rely on online purchases. I won't order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Absolutely the most unprofessional online buying experience I've had in quite a long time. Dealing with this company is similar to dealing with those companies you've never heard of but always have the lowest prices available when searching online. As a seasoned online buyer, I know to steer clear of those companies, which makes it all the more disconcerting that I let my guard down.

I order 2 pair of expensive Monster Vision glasses from the website last night ($69/each). I received a confirmation email, albeit somewhat cryptic, claiming the order is under review and I'll receive a follow-up when it ships. I get an email 24 hours later saying my order is canceled. No explanation. No reason. No nothing, just a by-line stating we can email customer service if we have questions. Who doesn't provide a reason? What company does this? They just haphazardly cancel orders without reason. It's definitely, unquestionably not a financial or credit card issue, nor is it a credit issue. Hunch tells me they oversold.

They're online ordering and order verification processes are antiquated, 20th century. They can't fulfill immediately. Apparently, they have inventory control issues or systems that can't handle the load. Either way, it's inexcusable. Rationale should have accompanied the cancelation. I won't do business with these guys again. They've lost a customer for good. I won't acquiesce. They'll just no longer be a consideration when I'm in the market for goods.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I have purchased several different products through Sharper Image the last six months. I have not had one order go smoothly. I initially was sent a gift card that was already expired (just that no big deal) then Customer service gave me a replacement code and that also didn’t work. Another issue is that I did not receive cash back on two separate orders and when I called they gave me the cash back but as a “promotion“ code so their system would not let me use more than one at a time (Cashback you can use up to three).

I just got off the phone with sharper image because the most recent cashback code I was given only a week ago is again not working when I enter it at check out. I called and he confirmed that it is not a valid cash back number and call back tomorrow/Monday. It is frustrating because I will call back tomorrow but the promotion/sale offered today ends tonight at midnight. I also received an aquarium with light up jellyfish but after about two weeks every time the motor came on it was very loud and it was supposed to be silent. I honestly don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I ordered a product for my Mom for Christmas. Looked like a warm hooded lined sweatshirt for $60. Product arrived in an "As Seen on TV " packaging. Not the quality or reputation I expected from Sharper Image. Item is found on both Amazon and "As Seen on TV" sites for $29. With free shipping. Nowhere in the description does this say it's an as seen on TV item. I paid double for this low quality item. Definitely bait and switch, buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Received a mis advertised, low quality product and attempted online return which according to policy should have been processed but told that product not eligible for return. It was not a personal grooming product and should have been eligible per policy. When tried to call - was put on hold for over an hour. Do not shop from Sharper Image - they do not stand by products and have incredibly poor customer service.

Sharper Image author review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team