2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Bought a jellyfish aquarium from Sharper Image...was defective and did not work...Spent hours trying to return it - was placed on an endless hold queue...The online return showed no record of purchase!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I ordered a health care item costing $130. Never received it. I got stuck in a loop between Sharper Image and FedEx, each blaming the other. It is now over a month later and SI customer service has no idea where the order is. A week ago I was told by rep that she ordered a replacement, but as of today FedEx has not received the item from them. I filed a dispute with PayPal. When SI found out, they said I would get a refund. SI says FedEx has the order but they are so overwhelmed due to COVID-19 that they just haven’t had time to ship my item. However, an item I ordered a week or so later was delivered to my home yesterday. I didn’t order from them for 5 years prior to this order. Now I remember why.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I finally received the order only to discover it has a manufacturing design defect that makes it unusable as described, and therefore I want a full refund. I do not want a replacement because the power adapter input is defectively designed which will not allow the power adapter to connect. I called to discuss this twice and was told a return label would be sent but I have not received the label. Customers should be able to start the return process on their site, but it says the item is not eligible for return. I can only conclude they are stalling, hoping I will go away; that would be a mistake because I am determined not to let them rip me off. I believe they know the items are defective but are trying to sell them anyway. How despicable! I am waiting four more days for the return label and if I don't get it I will contest the charge on my credit card. Stay away from Sharper Image!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I ordered about 300 dollars worth of products from Sharper Image. I ended up placing the order but didn't want one of the items I picked. My fault. Within 15 minutes I called sharper image trying to switch the product to something else. I was told they would have to refund the whole order and I would have to re-order it. I sent several emails asking for an email confirmation back that I would receive a total refund back on my credit card. So for days I kept getting shipping updates even though the package was rerouted back to the distribution center.

I then received an 18 dollar refund for god knows what, and I received a gift card to make my purchase. I filled a charge back with my credit card company because I don't have the time to fight with them back and forth to get my money back when the return policy states that with 60 days you will get your money back in original form. I have 10+ emails going to them asking why I received a gift card and no one has gotten back to me. PLEASE AVOID USING SHARPER IMAGE AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Purchased item online and realized I had one already. Attempted to cancel order in minutes from time of purchase. Customer service was closed so I sent email and called when open. Was told item was canceled only to receive a shipping confirmation 12 hours later. Customer service are liars and now I’m responsible for return shipping cost when it should have never left the store. What a way to conduct business huh? STAY AWAY.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Please do not order from this company. I am very dissatisfied with their customer service and return standards. I ordered a pressure-relieving gel seat cushion for my wife for Mother's Day for $89 ($107 with tax and shipping). Nothing was wrong with the product, but my wife just did not like it. I tried to return it (8 days later), and my return was rejected for no reason on the site. "This item may not be returned." There was no indication of this when I purchased it. I thought this was a well-run company with great customer service but I was seriously mistaken.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Terrible customer service and return policy. I purchased an item that actually caused bodily harm, leaving a scar on my body. They will not let me return this because it is considered a massage item and it must be un-opened/unused in order to return it. I found out it was dangerous after using it, how else would I know? And yes, I followed the instructions on how to use it to the letter so it was not consumer error. Also, they will not post my review explaining my experience with this item. They only have positive reviews posted which I believe they do in order to move their merchandise. Other customers should know all reviews when considering purchasing, especially something that costs $129.

When I try to contact them I receive an automatic reply saying someone will respond within 24 hours. They never respond. If you are considering buying from them do your research on other sites first because if you do not want the item you will not be able to return it. Or better yet, buy it from someone who cares enough about their customers to let them return the item if not satisfied or if, like me, it causes bodily harm and leaves a scar. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Went online to order a cordless shoulder heat therapy wrap for my husband who had rotator surgery and continues to have pain. Their website said free 2 day shipping on orders over $99 and gave their code but then it also wanted my email, which I gave, and then gave me another code for percentage off. Since I needed this for Valentine's Day and couldn't find the box to enter the shipping code I called their 877 number. I was told that I only got to use one code, even though they give you 2 codes. And then I was told I qualified for a 20% cash back "coupon" and a $25 gift card for my next purchase. These are all "promos" that they say you can only use once, nothing can be combined.

I questioned their customer service rep and he just laughed when I said it was internet fraud; I asked for a supervisor and he laughed again and said no one was available. Obviously, a millennial who cares nothing about customer service, Sharper Image staying in business or his job. So I didn't place my order. I then decided to check reviews on Sharper Image and read all these reviews where people bought heating pads, etc., that Sharper Image considers "personal items" that they say cannot be returned, yet their website says 100% satisfaction guaranteed and the item will be replaced or refunded. This is all Consumer Fraud being committed on the Internet by Sharper Image.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased vibrating arthritis gloves for my wife for Christmas. The gloves did not work from the very beginning. I went to the website and was told since they were health products, they were not eligible for return. There is NOTHING on their website or in the product description that says they cannot be returned, and I replied to the company asking that I be allowed to return them. No response AT ALL. I have now contacted them five more times and I get an automated response, but never an actual one. I have tried calling only to be told my wait time is over two hours. Sharper Image isn't what they once were. This is a ripoff, especially since they won't even speak to me about the issue or take back a clearly defective product. Don't buy from them. It's not worth the gimmicky gift cards or the other junk they offer if you do.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I tried to order a pair of night vision binoculars. The website didn't work, so I called. I ended up with two pair. After over 10 emails and sending the duplicate item back, I received an email that says I may be credited within the next 10 days. Notably, their website says there are no stores. They are online only, horrible service, and seems quickly dying business. I will never order from them again under any circumstance.

Sharper Image author review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team