Sharper Image

• 0%
  • 16%
  • 84%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Purchased an Ionic Comfort Quadra just over 2 yrs ago; went to remove the guts from housing and black handle broke 5/15/2024. Called Customer service, spoke with Logan who stated that the warranty for this expired 1/21/2024. His response was to send a replacement for same with 20% discount which is written on every catalog they send with free shipping. This is unacceptable as this item cost $379.99 2 years ago & Sharper Image is NOT standing behind their product. Sharper Image used to have a good reputation many years ago; currently they are POOR with equally POOR customer service. DO NOT purchase this product; it was a very expensive mistake.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I ordered the headphones for TV. They made a loud clicking noise whenever you turned the volume up or down. And after a week or so it would not even change the volume. Then I lost $20 because they don’t give you free returns so they subtracted $20 and only refunded me $80. Crooks and lousy products.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Purchased the Ultimate Fat Freezer in March. You are only to use it every 4 weeks. I followed the directions and the 2 times I've used it, I end up with a 3 inch circle that is red and inflamed. This product does not get cold enough to freeze and of course, it is not returnable because it is a personal product. (I've done Cool Sculpting so I know what to expect.)

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I purchased a Sharper Image Quadra air cleaner, and after it came, it seemed to work well for 3 days, then stopped working. I sent it back and got another unit, and this has worked for 9 days after receipt, but developed the same issue, and also stopped working. The failure both times happened overnight, when the unit was turned off. The following day when I went to turn on the warranty replacement, it too had stopped working in the night when the unit was off.

Reviewed March 25, 2024

I ordered a custom bobble head from Sharper Image on 11/12/23. They used an outside vendor allbobbleheads.com. Sharper Image sent me an envelope in the mail a few days later with a code for allbobbleheads.com. This code gave me a discount for allbobbleheads.com and they asked me to filled out some information and to send them two pictures of the person I wanted it to look like so they could create/cast it. I paid an expedited fee to have it arrive around Christmas or shortly after as it was going to be a present. They said it typically takes 6-8 weeks and they contacted me once or twice with questions about its progress. The first time they sent me a sample I didn't like it so they had to go back and make changes and then at the beginning of February I was finally able to give my approval to the final product. They should have sent it and they never did. My husband tried at least twice to get in touch with them during the month but never received and answer.

I started reaching out to Sharper image on 3/9/24 trying to get someone in charge (manager/supervisor) to refund my money. Not only did I pay Sharper image $92.38 but I also paid all bobble heads $178.13 for a product I never received. I have spoken to various managers and supervisors over the past three weeks trying to get Sharper Image to refund all of my money since they contracted with this vendor they are ultimately responsible. Sharper Image keeps telling me they are waiting for a response from allbobbleheads and that they will contact me when they do. I have tried myself to call/text and email allbobbleheads.com with no response. I am angry that Sharper image is not standing by and refunding my money except for the $92.38 I paid them. It has been over 4 months since the initial order was placed with nothing to show for it. The manager will not even give me a time frame when they stop trying to contact the vendor and take responsibility for the order I paid for and never received.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

Whatever you do DO NOT purchase the foot massager. It barely heats and it makes a horrible buzz. Not to mention that it doesn't really massage--it just vibrates a bit! Also not returnable if you took the plastic off--not that you could know it doesn't work unless you tried it.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2024

Purchased several items for christmas presents. Christmas at mom's got cancelled due to a death in the family. When I sent back 3/9 gifts I purchased Unopened. They charged me $100 for shipping and the sales tax I paid. I don't even think that's legal. I Had several phone conversations with reps Who I'm pretty sure are not in the U.S. Communication was rough and pointless. After 4-5 hours of headaches and frustration, I sent back everything & am disputing that $100 with paypal. I refuse to give my business to these crooks and advise anyone who does to BEWARE.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2024

Paid 97 dollars for an Apple charging tray, purchased as a gift. Was very low quality and you need your own cables to make it functional. Tried to return and noticed I was only going to receive $60 back. The product was supposedly on "sale" but instead of selling it to you for the sale price, they charge you for a gift card for future uses. Once you receive an item from this company you'll never want to shop there again! They also charge an outrageous fee to ship even the lightest of items back.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

I have ordered from this company before without incident, although their sales tactics and “mystery discounts” or supposed discounts at checkout are deceptive (buyer beware). My first significant issue is on a return. They only offer full price if you accept a store credit, otherwise they defect $17 on shipping for an item that weighs a few ounces (I should have shipped myself). Either way, my returned item was signed for on 12/21 and I still have no credit. Called customer service and got the runaround. I was supposedly emailed a code to redeem my credit. I did not receive. I confirmed correct email address and was told they would resend today - end of business day and still nothing. The person I spoke with before was polite and trying to be helpful but seemed limited in her understanding and ability to resolve. So frustrating!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

I ordered heated gloves. They were too stiff and poorly made. Tried to return them for a refund. They sent a new pair instead. Email attempts to contact customer service went unanswered. Long waits on phone. Online return form wanted to deduct $40 from the original price of $180 to return them. They then sent me a return label for an exchange instead! Am now on phone for 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor. Aggravation as is so often the case with everything these days!

Sharper Image author review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team