1.06/5

408 Sharper Image Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Was refunded an odd amount so I emailed their customer service as it states on the 'processing my order' return email (no phone number on email, have to look up on their site). Did not hear back from them so I called them. They said the amounts totaled shipping to me (7.95) and return (7.95). I said but it says on your site, FREE RETURNS! So she refunded the return fee which should not have happened. I also thought when I ordered on 12/28/18 that it was free shipping as stated online! I will not order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

They claim to offer free shipping, but this really not true. I was charged for shipping, and when I contacted customer service they replied back to me with an email that said nothing. Literally, a blank email was sent as a response 13 days after I emailed them.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Worked good for couple weeks, got about 10-12 hours, then they would work off & on a couple hrs then sometimes half hr. I quit trying with the disgusting tv wireless ears in about 2 months. I emailed Sharper Image about this problem, of course no response. I did get things yrs ago from them, it was the very best quality to be had. Now I guess they go for the cheap made stuff. Guess I will have to chalk this up as learning experience. Since the other customers didn’t get anywhere. I will never buy from them again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a telescope from this company. It absolutely will not focus. Their customer service demands that I send them a video showing that the scope won't focus. That's impossible to do. But without that, they won't talk to me. So, I've just lost my entire purchase price with these jerks. Don't do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought this drone from a local Walmart in Dodgeville, WI. Upon first use, the drone flew and was nonresponsive to the controller within several feet. The drone flew off and did not disengage or shut down even after exiting the 250ft proximity zone as stated on the box. We could not keep up with the drone as it flew uncontrollably over the highway and hills. The search radius could be a mile or more. I called the company and right off the bat, the company started denying responsibility. The company rep said management had gone home and the company conducted a study and found in most cases of fly-offs it was user error. There were enough fly-offs that the company had to do a study? How can this be user error if the drone is advertised to disengage beyond 250ft? I also tried to return or exchange the product at Walmart, but the store manager refused since the product was not physically present and Sharper Image would not honor it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

On Nov 8 2017, I ordered a customized bobblehead as a Christmas gift based on a photograph I submitted. My credit card was charged $90.94. Then the manufacturer (in China) contacted me & said that to get it by Christmas I would have to pay another $25.00 - so I did that on Nov. 29. By Jan 10, 2018 with no delivery, I contact the manufacturer & was told delivery will be in "a few days". On Jan 30, I finally got the item. I was not happy with it as it did not look at all like the photograph. I asked the manufacturer for a return & refund. They offered to try fixing the bobblehead. I was tired of the whole matter so I sent it back to them & asked them to change just the hair color & I would accept it. By Apr 29, I sent an email asking about status. No reply. On May 20, another email to them. No reply.

On May 29, I sent the first email to Sharper Image complaining about the order. I got a reply from the manufacturer on May 31, asking for the order number. I sent it. On Jun 8, the manufacturer emailed me that they could not find the returned bobblehead & offered to make me another one. I told them that I would like a full refund of $115.94. No reply all summer from either the manufacturer or the several emails I sent to SI except for SI's canned replies saying they would contact the manufacturer. On Sep 5, I called Sharper Image. They had all my complaints in a database. A woman (Melissa) said she had talked to a financial officer (?) & they would give me a refund. She would call me back that day with details. No reply.

On Sep 14, I called again. This time SI offered a store credit of $77.00. I said why so little & they said it was because I had used a "Magic Coupon" so was only charged the lesser amount. I said I have a debit from Sharper Image for $94.90 from last November - how could I have had a discount? I asked for a manager. The manager immediately said they would give me a store credit for $94.90 but the other $25.00 (for a Christmas delivery) was between me & the manufacturer. I asked to have a credit card refund instead as I did not want to deal anymore with Sharper Image. The manager said that since it was almost a year ago, they no longer had my credit card info. They said they would send me an email with details of the store credit. I haven't got that yet. If I was you, I would not buy anything from Sharper Image. They are untrustworthy & do not provide effective customer support.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Product was shipped in broken styrofoam with rubberband, no box and no directions. Product is shipped from China and customer service will accepts returns, but you have to pay shipping to China (which cost more than the product). Product is made of cheap metal and looks very cheap. Save your money - not worth $5.00.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought a smartwatch from Sharper Image day and it stop working the second day after I got it. Stay away from this company, I contact them, they wanted me to send them a video of the problem. Never heard anything like that before. A one star is too big for them. They suck.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I ordered an item, through Facebook, from Sharper Image on a Friday. The item was $147. I selected the $29 shipping option. Without my consent, the shipping was changed to $200 and before I could check it, the order went through. I called immediately to try and stop it but the customer service "team" had gone home for the day. (Funny/not funny that you can order all weekend but can't speak to a CS agent.) I then emailed them on that same Friday to give them a heads up. I did everything possible but the item still shipped with the $200 shipping charge. I called first thing Monday and told the agent what happened and he said that he would contact FedEx. He didn't. Item expected to arrive on Thursday. I will most likely be at work and won't be able to refuse the order. Now I will have to PAY to have it returned. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Ordered this item to block out my sounds when I sleep, this doesn't work at all, very disappointed. Was more disappointed in the return. It says all over the website free shipping and free returns. This was not the case, beware of what it says on the website, called customer service and they said they were doing me a favor by returning this item as supposedly it is not returnable but yet it did not say this anywhere on my order when placed and it said free returns and now I was charged to ship to me (was supposed to be free) and now getting charged to return (was supposed to be free). I will not order from this company again!

Sharper Image expert review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

• Best for: working professionals and athletes.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout