2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (315 ratings)

About Sharper Image

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: July 21, 2021

In the beginning of Spokane, WA heatwave purchased the evaporative cooler on a Friday and paid for overnight shipping for $249.50. Saturday came and no shipment! Checked online to learn purchase hadn't even been recorded. Checked the shipping schedule to learn they don't ship on weekends!? Had to borrow a loaner a/c from apartment maintenance thankfully as apartment was 95f for three days. Tried to cancel order several different ways but No Customer Service! I refused the shipment. They only returned a partial return of $177 leaving $67 owed. Called bank and disputed only to learn that Sharper Image only has to return a partial payment by law!? WTF? SO they know this and make money off of all shipping returns and there ain't nothing to do about it!

Original review: July 1, 2021

When my 95 year old mother told me a package for me from Sharper Image was on the way, my heart sank. Despite repeated requests, she continues to fall victim to misleading advertising and bogus offers. And my experiences with Sharper Image in the past have made me steer clear. My fears were confirmed to a grim extent -- the 12x Zoom Camera Binoculars are a perfect example of an attractive product name and a product which falls laughably short of it. The idea is to combine increased visual acuity with prompt convenient recording. The reality, despite the name, is that the binocular optics are absolutely terrible and the imaging sensor ridiculously inferior to cell phone image sensors.

The 'zoom' is electronic zoom, by the way -- no actual telescopic function involved, which fact is carefully obscured by the product name. So -- it's not a useful camera nor a useful binocular. But they were right that there is a need for something like this, so some impulse or gift purchasers would see the product name and cough up money. I hope Sharper Image's cynicism and targeting of elderly and weak-minded consumers eventually leads to their corporate demise, but so far it has not.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I have tried many times to submit a negative product review (1 star) on this sound machine. My review is as follows: "I have been using sound machines for years. When they start to wear out, they will begin producing a background noise. This noise is the internal device that is either turning or spinning to create your sound. Right out of the box, this machine has horrible background noises on each sound. They 100% distract from the sound you want to hear. If you use it to cover up a noise, then you probably won’t hear it. But if all is quiet and you want to sleep after a stressful day, FORGET IT! The background noise is like “nails on a chalkboard” irritating. Maybe this is a defective one, but I won’t take a chance on another one."

Sharper Image deceives its customers by not allowing negative reviews. Customers think the product they are purchasing has 4&5 stars when in reality all the negative reviews are NOT POSTED! This is a very deceitful tactic to fool the consumer. At least I can post my comment here and hope it alerts others not to trust the reviews on the Sharper Image site.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Horrible customer service. Do not buy from them. Your future self will thank you. I received a gift item of Cassette to MP3 converter. It worked for 5 minutes. I called to ask for repair/replacement and the customer service rep simply talked over me. They have no clue how to run a good company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Ordered Slide converter. Was the worst reproduction of my treasured slides. Gave up and returned to Sharper Image. Bought through Amazon.com and as of now 3 weeks later, after returning, I have not received my refund through amazon credit card. I was so frustrated with this converter. The signs instead of words made it more difficult to use and through 100 slides, it did not take them. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

After 9 phone calls to try to get the correct iPhone printer exchanged and credit for returned item since they charged me for both I’m still out some of my money from 12/3/20 and it is 1/27/21. This company has wasted 9 hours of my time. They owe me way more than the cost of the item!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I received this pillow and it was supposed to come with a free $25 gift card. It says you can use it on whatever you want. There was no gift card so I called Customer Service. They told me they would send me a code to order something but the purchase would have to be $49 or more. I told them that’s false advertising that nowhere does it say that. I asked them if I could purchase the pillowcase. Listed for $19.99 for the pillow with the gift card and that’s how I found out you have to spend $49 or more. Also if you want to return the pillow they will charge you about $9.00 for a shipping label. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Good luck if you ever need help with your order from Sharper Image. I ordered expensive tire inflators before Christmas. They created the FedEx label, but never sent the products. After dozens of emails and calls, my order was nobody's concern. FedEx rightfully could not assist me, and Sharper Image Customer Service offered no answers and no help. All with a condescending attitude. We are talking an order worth $186. I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company, and presto! Suddenly the products are on their way! I don't want them now, was not given a choice, and have zero recourse. This morning's rep had more attitude than all combined. I do not recommend shopping at Sharper Image. I never will again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I made a purchase in the amount of $142. I received no follow up email, no FedEx tracking number, no merchandise. Countless email and phone calls to them went unanswered. Terrible customer service. Wished I read this before you bought.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Please beware. I purchased a wireless TV speaker for my husband. It does not work. I'm trying to return it and my order is open so I cannot use the online return service. I've emailed customer service 3 times and called 3 times. No response and the hold time was 61 minutes on average. It's $149 and useless.

Sharper Image author review by Jonathan Trout

Sharper Image is an American retailer that sells home electronics, outdoor living, high-tech and personal care products. It has a line of over 10 massage chairs that feature different looks, massage settings and technology. Massage chairs from Sharper Image range in prices from $499 to $ 9,000.

• Human Touch iJoy Active 2.0: At $499, this is the cheapest massage chair Sharper Image offers. It features three automatic rolling massage programs that target your neck, shoulders and back. The massage programs knead your back in small, circular motion, side-to-side motions and rolling motions. It lets you recline up to 45 degrees.

• Human Touch Zero-Gravity 5.0: The Zero-Gravity 5.0 reclines into a full zero-gravity position to provide optimal comfort. It features manual and pre-programmed modes and Sharper Image’s 3D FlexGlide engine to simulate professional massage techniques. The remote control lets you control the foot, seat and heated back massage all at once or independently. This chair retails for $2,999.

• Shiatsu Massage chair: This chair combines deep kneading massage with power lift technology to help you relax and assist you with getting in and out of the chair. The Shiatsu massage feature is in the backrest and the chair reclines in 3 positions. The Shiatsu massage chair costs $2,000.

• Perfect Sense: The Perfect Sense massage chair has 61 air bags that massage your upper and lower arms, back, buttocks and legs. It features an automatic detection function that micro-adjusts to your body's curves. You can choose a manual, automatic or programmed massage function that features six different types of massage. This chair retails for $9,000.

• Human Touch Novo XT: This chair is designed to help athletes and professionals recover from strenuous workouts and work days. The massage tracks in this chair cover up to 60 percent more of your back than other massage chairs. It has five high-intensity settings so you can customize the pressure. Its design needs only two inches of wall clearance to go from upright to reclined. The Novo XT costs $8,000.

• Other products: Sharper Image sells a wide variety of other products like personal care, outdoor living, travel and auto, toys and games and more. Check their website for details and pricing information on all of their products.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team