3.0/5 (428 ratings)

About Sharper Image

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Please do not order from this company. I am very dissatisfied with their customer service and return standards. I ordered a pressure-relieving gel seat cushion for my wife for Mother's Day for $89 ($107 with tax and shipping). Nothing was wrong with the product, but my wife just did not like it. I tried to return it (8 days later), and my return was rejected for no reason on the site. "This item may not be returned." There was no indication of this when I purchased it. I thought this was a well-run company with great customer service but I was seriously mistaken.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Terrible customer service and return policy. I purchased an item that actually caused bodily harm, leaving a scar on my body. They will not let me return this because it is considered a massage item and it must be un-opened/unused in order to return it. I found out it was dangerous after using it, how else would I know? And yes, I followed the instructions on how to use it to the letter so it was not consumer error. Also, they will not post my review explaining my experience with this item. They only have positive reviews posted which I believe they do in order to move their merchandise. Other customers should know all reviews when considering purchasing, especially something that costs $129.

When I try to contact them I receive an automatic reply saying someone will respond within 24 hours. They never respond. If you are considering buying from them do your research on other sites first because if you do not want the item you will not be able to return it. Or better yet, buy it from someone who cares enough about their customers to let them return the item if not satisfied or if, like me, it causes bodily harm and leaves a scar. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Went online to order a cordless shoulder heat therapy wrap for my husband who had rotator surgery and continues to have pain. Their website said free 2 day shipping on orders over $99 and gave their code but then it also wanted my email, which I gave, and then gave me another code for percentage off. Since I needed this for Valentine's Day and couldn't find the box to enter the shipping code I called their 877 number. I was told that I only got to use one code, even though they give you 2 codes. And then I was told I qualified for a 20% cash back "coupon" and a $25 gift card for my next purchase. These are all "promos" that they say you can only use once, nothing can be combined.

I questioned their customer service rep and he just laughed when I said it was internet fraud; I asked for a supervisor and he laughed again and said no one was available. Obviously, a millennial who cares nothing about customer service, Sharper Image staying in business or his job. So I didn't place my order. I then decided to check reviews on Sharper Image and read all these reviews where people bought heating pads, etc., that Sharper Image considers "personal items" that they say cannot be returned, yet their website says 100% satisfaction guaranteed and the item will be replaced or refunded. This is all Consumer Fraud being committed on the Internet by Sharper Image.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased vibrating arthritis gloves for my wife for Christmas. The gloves did not work from the very beginning. I went to the website and was told since they were health products, they were not eligible for return. There is NOTHING on their website or in the product description that says they cannot be returned, and I replied to the company asking that I be allowed to return them. No response AT ALL. I have now contacted them five more times and I get an automated response, but never an actual one. I have tried calling only to be told my wait time is over two hours. Sharper Image isn't what they once were. This is a ripoff, especially since they won't even speak to me about the issue or take back a clearly defective product. Don't buy from them. It's not worth the gimmicky gift cards or the other junk they offer if you do.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I tried to order a pair of night vision binoculars. The website didn't work, so I called. I ended up with two pair. After over 10 emails and sending the duplicate item back, I received an email that says I may be credited within the next 10 days. Notably, their website says there are no stores. They are online only, horrible service, and seems quickly dying business. I will never order from them again under any circumstance.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We bought a heated massage back rest for my elderly father in law. When we showed it to him he said he wouldn’t be able to sit up straight enough to use it. Even though the item was never used and in its original packaging Sharper Image refused a return saying they don’t accept returns of used personal items. While the box had been opened, the item was never used but the mere fact of an opened box was the basis for their stance. We are now out $140 with an item for which we have no use. Beware what you purchase at Sharper Image and know that it is an item you will not need to return.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Please never ever order from this company. I never wrote a bad review for anybody, for any company. This was the worst experience with customer service and with the whole process ever!!!! You will lose your time, money and your order item.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

A product of poor quality also lacked the performace as stated by this seller. Rechargable battery pack purported to last up to 5 hrs. would last less than 2 and never heated up to a temp comensurate with providing any comfort. SI refused to take back due to being opened product....never again. You lost a customer who has been shopping at your stores since 1988! DONE WITH YOU!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Do not order from this company. I ordered Dec. 13th with the delivery date of Dec. 17th. It is Dec. 26 and still no product which I ordered as a gift. No one at the customer service was helpful, in fact because I was not agreeing with an agent's rules, she hung up on me. Another attempt transferred me to a voice mail of some middling executive who insincerely apologized and blamed FedEx for any delivery delays but promised all orders would be delivered by Christmas. It did not. Then they want to only refund me the price of the product, and still charge me for shipping it to me and for the shipping label back. Not a way to run a business, maybe run the business into the ground.

DO NOT ORDER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE DISAPPOINTED, FRUSTRATED, AND EXTREMELY ANNOYED!!!! They do not accept responsibility. I ordered from them, not FedEx! It is Sharper Image's problem NOT Fedex. Sharper Image needed to and still needs to accept responsibility and make amends. Do not order from this sham of a company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I impulsively ordered a foot warmer/massager from Sharper Image - then saw horrible reviews of the product on other sites. Tried to contact the company back within a half hour of ordering to cancel the order. Attempted customer service online chat. No response Was put on hold on customer service phone line with out going message that said please hold on. Left phone on hold for an hour because a recorded "Stephanie" said they were busy with other customers. No one ever picked up. The next morning I was informed via chat that the order had already shipped - but I could call them for a return label. When I texted back to ask when the foot warmer would arrive - they never responded. I already know the item will be a piece of junk and it will be a nightmare to return. I'm sticking to Amazon and Overstock.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

They claim free shipping, but don’t let you put in code. Refuse to accept gift cards. Say free returns, but they charge you for shipping, twice!! Customer service is a joke. Will NEVER buy here again!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Having had two back surgeries last year, I thought this mat would be helpful giving comfort for body, but it was not at all comfortable or comforting or relaxing. It did not hit the regions needed. Sorry and surprised I could not return it since it is useless and an expensive loss to me. I should have been made aware this item was not returnable! I will NEVER buy from you again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

They say free return shipping, but that is not true. So, not only do you pay for the return shipping but you also lose part of the tax you paid because it brings the total amount down and they calculate the tax based on total. While I was on the phone with customer service I asked to speak with a manager, the girl comes back on and says she was authorized to return the full amount. "Thank you" I say and we hang up. When I go into the email to print the return label it's gone! So, I call back and speak with another representative only to find out the return had been cancelled. Then I had to start all over and it took more than 24 hours for the new label and another phone call. The end result is they lied about free shipping and kept part of my tax money and did not give me the full refund promised to me from the first phone call. Needless to say, this family will never buy another Sharper Image product!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Received a $25 gift card with my order. Unfortunately it expired 1 day after I placed my order so when I received it it was 5 days expired. I emailed Sharper Image multiple time and never received a response except the automated email that says they will respond within 24 hours. I hope it was worth losing a customer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Was refunded an odd amount so I emailed their customer service as it states on the 'processing my order' return email (no phone number on email, have to look up on their site). Did not hear back from them so I called them. They said the amounts totaled shipping to me (7.95) and return (7.95). I said but it says on your site, FREE RETURNS! So she refunded the return fee which should not have happened. I also thought when I ordered on 12/28/18 that it was free shipping as stated online! I will not order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

They claim to offer free shipping, but this really not true. I was charged for shipping, and when I contacted customer service they replied back to me with an email that said nothing. Literally, a blank email was sent as a response 13 days after I emailed them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Worked good for couple weeks, got about 10-12 hours, then they would work off & on a couple hrs then sometimes half hr. I quit trying with the disgusting tv wireless ears in about 2 months. I emailed Sharper Image about this problem, of course no response. I did get things yrs ago from them, it was the very best quality to be had. Now I guess they go for the cheap made stuff. Guess I will have to chalk this up as learning experience. Since the other customers didn’t get anywhere. I will never buy from them again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a telescope from this company. It absolutely will not focus. Their customer service demands that I send them a video showing that the scope won't focus. That's impossible to do. But without that, they won't talk to me. So, I've just lost my entire purchase price with these jerks. Don't do business with them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought this drone from a local Walmart in Dodgeville, WI. Upon first use, the drone flew and was nonresponsive to the controller within several feet. The drone flew off and did not disengage or shut down even after exiting the 250ft proximity zone as stated on the box. We could not keep up with the drone as it flew uncontrollably over the highway and hills. The search radius could be a mile or more. I called the company and right off the bat, the company started denying responsibility. The company rep said management had gone home and the company conducted a study and found in most cases of fly-offs it was user error. There were enough fly-offs that the company had to do a study? How can this be user error if the drone is advertised to disengage beyond 250ft? I also tried to return or exchange the product at Walmart, but the store manager refused since the product was not physically present and Sharper Image would not honor it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

On Nov 8 2017, I ordered a customized bobblehead as a Christmas gift based on a photograph I submitted. My credit card was charged $90.94. Then the manufacturer (in China) contacted me & said that to get it by Christmas I would have to pay another $25.00 - so I did that on Nov. 29. By Jan 10, 2018 with no delivery, I contact the manufacturer & was told delivery will be in "a few days". On Jan 30, I finally got the item. I was not happy with it as it did not look at all like the photograph. I asked the manufacturer for a return & refund. They offered to try fixing the bobblehead. I was tired of the whole matter so I sent it back to them & asked them to change just the hair color & I would accept it. By Apr 29, I sent an email asking about status. No reply. On May 20, another email to them. No reply.

On May 29, I sent the first email to Sharper Image complaining about the order. I got a reply from the manufacturer on May 31, asking for the order number. I sent it. On Jun 8, the manufacturer emailed me that they could not find the returned bobblehead & offered to make me another one. I told them that I would like a full refund of $115.94. No reply all summer from either the manufacturer or the several emails I sent to SI except for SI's canned replies saying they would contact the manufacturer. On Sep 5, I called Sharper Image. They had all my complaints in a database. A woman (Melissa) said she had talked to a financial officer (?) & they would give me a refund. She would call me back that day with details. No reply.

On Sep 14, I called again. This time SI offered a store credit of $77.00. I said why so little & they said it was because I had used a "Magic Coupon" so was only charged the lesser amount. I said I have a debit from Sharper Image for $94.90 from last November - how could I have had a discount? I asked for a manager. The manager immediately said they would give me a store credit for $94.90 but the other $25.00 (for a Christmas delivery) was between me & the manufacturer. I asked to have a credit card refund instead as I did not want to deal anymore with Sharper Image. The manager said that since it was almost a year ago, they no longer had my credit card info. They said they would send me an email with details of the store credit. I haven't got that yet. If I was you, I would not buy anything from Sharper Image. They are untrustworthy & do not provide effective customer support.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Product was shipped in broken styrofoam with rubberband, no box and no directions. Product is shipped from China and customer service will accepts returns, but you have to pay shipping to China (which cost more than the product). Product is made of cheap metal and looks very cheap. Save your money - not worth $5.00.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought a smartwatch from Sharper Image day and it stop working the second day after I got it. Stay away from this company, I contact them, they wanted me to send them a video of the problem. Never heard anything like that before. A one star is too big for them. They suck.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I ordered an item, through Facebook, from Sharper Image on a Friday. The item was $147. I selected the $29 shipping option. Without my consent, the shipping was changed to $200 and before I could check it, the order went through. I called immediately to try and stop it but the customer service "team" had gone home for the day. (Funny/not funny that you can order all weekend but can't speak to a CS agent.) I then emailed them on that same Friday to give them a heads up. I did everything possible but the item still shipped with the $200 shipping charge. I called first thing Monday and told the agent what happened and he said that he would contact FedEx. He didn't. Item expected to arrive on Thursday. I will most likely be at work and won't be able to refuse the order. Now I will have to PAY to have it returned. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Ordered this item to block out my sounds when I sleep, this doesn't work at all, very disappointed. Was more disappointed in the return. It says all over the website free shipping and free returns. This was not the case, beware of what it says on the website, called customer service and they said they were doing me a favor by returning this item as supposedly it is not returnable but yet it did not say this anywhere on my order when placed and it said free returns and now I was charged to ship to me (was supposed to be free) and now getting charged to return (was supposed to be free). I will not order from this company again!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I ordered a product Feb3, was given 2/8 as delivery date, then 2/9, then 2/12. Now is the 17th & nothing!! I’ve emailed & talked to customer service & was told I’d receive it shortly & told I’d be receiving a gift cert through email but again nothing!! Of course the payment was collected, I am so angry about being moused around. I do not ever intend to purchase from this company again & I will dissuade as many as I can from doing so.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I originally purchased a Sharper Image speaker at Kohl's. Two months went by and darn thing stopped working. Contacted Sharper Image and replaced it for free. Well now using this replacement speaker that I have had less than 6 months. I had to call 4 different numbers for them to say, "Sorry we only give you 90 days to get another." Therefore I do not recommend this product. Was not cheap and the quality was not the greatest of sound. Lesson learned I'm going to research now the best Bluetooth speaker out there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On January 2, 2018, I ordered a pair of TV wireless headphones model # 204919-01. On the box it specifically says works for all TV's. Upon receiving them on January 10, 2018, I went to install them on my Samsung Model # UN55MU6490F TV manufactured in October of 2017. After a few minutes of trying to hook them up, I realized that it was missing a critical piece. The A/V to fiber optic converter. So of course I looked through the box again to make sure I hadn't overlooked any parts or pieces. I re-read the instructions just to make sure I didn't miss something. I hadn't overlooked any missing pieces and again said right on the box "Works for all TV's". The following day, I called and spoke to a representative that said the AV to fiber optic converter should have been in the box and that they were sorry.

She told me that they would have the converter delivered to me within 5 to 7 business days. I told her the only reason I ordered them online was because I was having neck surgery in 2 days and was the whole reason I even ordered them online. She assured me that they would be delivered by Friday January 12, 2018. At this point I was a little upset that I even had to go through this just to get them to fix their mistake, but at least she was trying to work with me. Needless to say they didn't show up until Tuesday January 16th and they only sent a fiber optic cable, not the Audio/Video to fiber optic converter that they had promised me. Of course now I am a little more than upset, I just had 3 of my discs in my neck replaced and still having to deal with this stuff. So I called again today, January 17, 2018. Tyra the manager was less than compassionate or understanding.

All I wanted was for them to make it right and send me what should have been sent to me in the first place. She said my only options were to send it back and once they received the old pair, they would send me out a new pair. I asked why they couldn't just make it right and send out the missing part which is only $13.89 and should have been included in the first place. She said that is not their policy and that she wouldn't be able to do anything for me until they received the original pair. All for an $13.89 adapter. The headphones I paid for were only $100.00 but where is their customer service? I just had major neck surgery and she wants me to somehow send them back. The only reason I bought the headphones online was because I couldn't get out of bed. If I could get out of bed, I would have went and bought them at Target, Walmart, or Bed Bath & Beyond.

I will NEVER buy any other Sharper Image products online or any store if this is the way they treat their customers. It didn't matter to them one way or the other if their box was falsely advertising or if I am bedridden because of my neck surgery, they already had my money and that is apparently all that matters to them. Customer satisfaction doesn't mean a thing to Sharper Image or their Representatives. I have never had a company that was so careless and unwilling to work with me. Thanks for nothing, Unhappy Customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a Christmas gift from Sharperimage.com intending to ship overnight. I chose to pay with PayPal but once I confirmed the dollar amount in PayPal they returned me to Sharper Image where the order had already been submitted! I was never given the option to review my order or select overnight shipping. I searched their site for a way to change it or cancel the order but there was no such thing.

I called them to get assistance but they were closed. This morning I called to get help only to find out it had already shipped, to the incorrect address (My PayPal address which is incorrect since I’ve moved and I haven’t updated it yet.) I will never receive that package now and they are completely unwilling to make the situation right. My only recourse is to pay for a new order. Spoke to a supervisor and still, they won’t budge. This is in no way my fault and they will not help fix the problem. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever had with an online order.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I first purchased the Autostop Tire Inflator as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. I received it, then decided to get him the Virtual Reality headset instead. I went online to initiate the return, as per the directions on the packing slip. I get an email, from Sharper Image, addressed to some other person in the text, and although there's a reference to use the attached FedEx label, none was provided. I emailed customer service, and that started a CHAIN of emails back and forth, with Sharper Image asking me insane questions (Would you like to return the item? Would you like a FedEx label? Do you want a refund, or store credit?) basically asking the same things over and over even though I keep answering over and over. I finally gave up, and decided to keep it and give it to my boyfriend anyway, or keep it for myself. So, I order the Virtual Reality headset: I open the box and it's some other item (TV Wireless Headset). WTF.

I go online to initiate the return as per the instructions on the packing slip: When I choose that I want a FedEx label instead of returning on my own, I kept getting an error message that the return submission was unsuccessful. By the way, the dropdown is for either a refund to the original method of payment, or store credit. When I chose "Original Method of Payment" the dropdown box kept defaulting to store credit. Finally, after the 4th time, I chose that I would just use my own method of returning the item. Finally, I get the return authorization. I'm going to ensure that I get my refund on this, because I have a feeling I'm not going to get it. Luckily, a local store has the Sharper Image headset that I can purchase tomorrow AT A BETTER PRICE (it's on sale), but now I'm not even sure the quality will be worth anything!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I created an account for this just to write a review in hopes others would pay heed. I ordered 2 items from Sharper Image. 1 item came, 1 did not. Ended up returning the item that did come only to get a partial refund to ship it back. The second item that did not come: after about 4 different times calling and trying to get a replacement, I decided I was cutting too close to Christmas so I called yet again to have them just send me a refund. I GOT A PARTIAL REFUND FOR AN ITEM THAT WAS NEVER SENT TO ME, AND IN FACT WAS SOLD OUT. I am so appalled and disgusted. I will never even glance at this company again and will be telling everyone I know about my experience.

Sharper Image Company Information