1.06/5

408 Sharper Image Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2017

Sharper image sells your information. Since making one purchase with them I've been inundated with catalogs and magazines for things that I have absolutely no interest in (...I'm not talking about Sharper Image's own publications, which by themselves are excessive). I've had to make countless phone calls to businesses asking to be removed from their mailing list, and when I ask where they got my information from, they've told me that it was from my Sharper Image purchase. I find this completely unethical, to exploit paying customers who trust you with their information. I will not be buying from them again.

Original review: May 2, 2017

All consumers, be forewarned. This company is a FRAUD. Save yourself the frustration, don't ever order from Sharper Image. Twice they charged my card for an order that was "shipped." When I checked the FedEx tracking number three days later, there was no information available. FedEx doesn't even have the tracking number. They will put fake FedEx tracking number so they can charge your credit card and you wait for nothing. Then they will give you a gift card that you can use only on their site, of course, and the cycle continues. Your card is charged again because the item has 'shipped,' then another fraudulent tracking number. You call again. And it's the same bs. That's my experience with Sharper Image. This company should go out of business.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I was told to put the gel pack in boiling water for 10 minutes after use to get it soft again. I have done this twice with my gel pack and it gets soft and once it cools off it gets hard again and cannot be used. It worked like a charm but once I wanted to use it again and put it in boiling water, it got soft again and I let it cool off and it got hard again and was not able to activate to make it hot. Not sure if there is anything I can do but wanted to warn others of this. This was not a cheap item and as of now it is of little or no use to me. Got it at Sam's Club during a special kiosk. Do not have an order number or a receipt. Probably screwed, but still upset that I spent all this money and now I have nothing.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I get an in-store credit for their mistake in sending me a package purchased for my son. I have to take the package to FedEx since they can drop off but not pick up. I don't want an in-store credit. I will not be buying from them again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Purchased two items as Christmas gifts. When received, both were not the quality I expected. Tried to return and WHAT A HASSLE! First, I paid for my OWN return postage through the USPS. Second, once they got my return, they only credited me for one item even though I had returned two (in the same box). 2 calls to CS later and they FINALLY got it straight. Once I got my $$ returned, they shorted me $8.00 for "postage"... even though I had paid my OWN postage to return. Will NEVER buy at Sharper Image ever again and will share my experience with as many people as I can. Buyer beware!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I have purchased the wireless tv headphones and the sound, when it works is of an old AM station static quality. The bluetooth wireless earbuds only connect one side. Anyways all products purchased from this brand did not work or worked poorly. Not a worth product to buy or gift.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Sharper Image offers cash back to be used on a future order. Cash back insinuates that it can be applied as a form of payment on your next order. Upon receipt of your cash back email, it describes that this is a form of payment and to use it in the gift certificate field. However, once you do that, if you use a promo code such as free shipping, an error is provided that you can only use one promo discount per order. This is very misleading as everyone who's ever received cash back believes it is a form of payment to be applied and discounts can be applied too, like any other order (payment minus discounts). This is really false advertising in my opinion and I'm very surprised there's not been anything done about it. It lures you into purchasing now to get cash back on a future order, but it isn't cash back.

Per their own terms, it does state it is a form of payment and does not state that it is considered a promo and other promo codes cannot be used, for example, free shipping codes. Here is the verbiage: "Cash Back: Receive a 20% cash back coupon on your purchase. Qualifying orders must be $99 or more, excluding taxes and shipping charges. Cash Back coupons can be used as a payment method for a future purchase. Cash Back coupons are limited to the first $1,000 of merchandise purchased. Coupons are issued via email within 2 business days after the order ships. Coupons may be redeemed through 1/31/17. Offer expires 12/23/16 at 5 PM EST."

When I attempted to apply a code for free shipping, and then my cash back gift certificate code, this error was received, note that NOW they call it a promotional gift certificate. Using the terms promotional gift certificate, coupon codes, and cash back interchangeably at different points in the qualifying, receiving, and applying process is totally misleading: "Sorry, your promotional gift certificate can't be used together with your promo code. Only one promotion per order. If you would like to use your promotional gift certificate on this order, please remove the promo code above." PURE BUNK, FALSE ADVERTISING, MISLEADING THE CONSUMER UPFRONT, BAIT & SWITCH.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

SHARPER IMAGE does not stand behind their products. I called customer service about a problem with one of their products. They tell me that they don't have any information on that particular problem and that there is nothing that she can do for me. So guess what? Here's my wonderful review of what I think about SHARPER IMAGE. GO SCREW YOURSELF WITH THESE GARBAGE ASS PRODUCTS. Needless to say I still have my receipt and it will be going back to the store TODAY. PS. Very cheaply made products.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Ordered a hoverboard 2 weeks before Christmas. They guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I called 3 times a week before and they assure the items will come. 4 days before I got the tracking info with the delivery date 12/28. After 1 hour wait, somebody answer at the customer service and of course I got the "accept our apologies". I got the board on the 29th and it should have come with a card for $60 cash back which was advertised. Instead I got a code for a credit in their store that expires in 1 month (other false advertising). Altogether a horrible experience. Shame for a brand name.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I purchased an item on 12/20 for 2 day delivery. Never received a confirmation of shipment. I called and was on hold for two hours on 12/21. Sent a email requesting item to cancelled if it wasn't shipped. Still nothing. Emailed again on 12/22 and 12/23. At 6pm on 12/23 received a email stating my order would be shipped and received by 12/30. Customer service line was closed so emailed again that order needs to be cancelled. (It was present). Then on 12/26 received shipping notice.

When I finally got through to customer service I was told that email isn't a good form of notification even though it is an option. I told the customer service rep that I needed the order pulled and I was not paying for shipping. She said basically "returns are free so not sure why you are upset." Upset because I paid for two day shipping for a gift that was never received. Was told a supervisor would handle but don't have confidence that is going to happen. I will be disputing with credit card company. Horrible service.

Sharper Image Company Information