1.06/5

408 Sharper Image Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I would give them 0 star. This is my story. I bought this item for my daughters' Christmas present. I ordered online on 12/16/2015 because their website says it's guaranteed to be delivered before Christmas. I got FedEx tracking number and the scheduled delivered date will be 12/22/2015. But the FedEx tracking number has not been changed since 12/16/2015.

I was nervous and called the Sharper Image two times on 12/18 and 12/21. The FedEx told me that they haven't received the package from Sharper Image on 12/21. Even though they received on 12/21 and they can't deliver to California before Christmas. However their representatives kept on telling me that they are sure we will get our present and asked me to check the FedEx status on 12/21/2015. Finally I checked FedEx status this morning, still nothing changed. I called the Sharper Image. Now they told me that my order is out of stock and we can't get it before Christmas. They are liars and ruined our Christmas. This is my first time trying to buy from Sharper Image and it will be last time too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I clicked on a Google link that took me to Sharper Image online and it pulled up a SI page. that link is www.sharperimageonline.com. Note the "online" end of that address. That's where I was scammed. I ordered two $200 'e-cards' to be delivered to my two daughters' email addresses for their birthdays. Each was $200 and I clicked on this website's PayPal link and paid these people $400, which was instantly debited from my bank account as always (I heart PayPal). When my daughters didn't get their cards on their birthdays, I went back to Sharper Image to find out what happened.

Long story short, they ran me around and around with every trick in the book to keep me busy and talking to different people with lies like "PayPal is down for upgrades, so please wait for your transaction to go through" and "PayPal declined your $400 purchase (100% false)". Then a few more excuses and switching me to this person and that person. I spent an hour with these despicable crooks and thieves, which I am aware - now - is their MO: Keep em on the line until the transaction goes through. I demanded my $400 be refunded and you would not believe how they run you around and deceive you. I think they do it for fun, actually.

After an hour of runaround and giving them transaction numbers and checking emails and all kinds of stuff that they enjoy making you do to buy time so you can't cancel the payments with your bank, I got so mad I was typing in ALL CAPS that I wanted a refund now, over and over. They just kept running me around and around with no issues taken care of. My order number and PayPal number did not matter with them. My husband came in because he thought I was going to have a stroke or a heart attack from anger. Bottom line, they have not refunded my $400 and never will. All I can do is eat the loss and put their scam on every website for scam reporting that I can find, like Consumer Reports and the US government's other sites for retail scams. I'll go to the ends of the earth to expose this horrible thieves den of a website (www.sharperimageonline.com).

Moral of the story: Don't forget to look up at the URL at the top of the page before shopping on any site, but especially Sharper Image, who, apparently, don't keep any vigilance to keep their name clean. I hope my $400 loss story gets spread all over the internet and shuts that shame site down, www.sharperimageonline.com. I hope they get caught and prosecuted.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

I purchased a desk lamp from the Sharper Image catalog in August, 2014 for $119.99. The lamp stopped functioning within a month or two. Since my daughter had the lamp at school, she didn't tell me about it until she got back from school. I subsequently contacted Sharper Image for a replacement. They referred me to the manufacturer, Irtronix, which is a company located in California. After getting the runaround, literally being told by each to speak to the other, I finally was informed by Irtronix that the lamp was defective and was discontinued, so they could not replace it. I asked for a refund, but was told that they would give a credit to Sharper Image, which would in turn provide me with a refund.

Instead, Sharper Image wrote to me and offered me a "store credit," which I refused since they don't carry any other desk lamps, and frankly I have no interest in their other catalog garbage. I went back to Irtronix, and they told me "too bad, we already credited Sharper Image so you have to deal with Sharper Image." I went back to Sharper Image, and they won't budge. I wouldn't do business with Sharper Image ever again. As for Irtronix, obviously they produce and sell crap. Stay away from both of these guys!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

This was my first experience with Sharper image and I will never buy from them again. I ordered a $300 item and the system was unable to accept my shipping address on-line. I called customer service and the person who answered was confused but eventually got us through the process but unfortunately added my address wrong. I never received the shipping confirmation email to verify the correct address and my item was shipped to a vacant house and disappeared. All customer service would tell me is "sorry". The system still won't let me correct my address. Never again will I purchase anything from them or recommend anyone else to buy from them.

Original review: March 24, 2015

Bought a wallet that has an emergency battery built in. This was my son's 17th birthday gift. It first came in a plastic little bag. That was it. No box, no manual, and no USB cord. I called 3 times to address this situation. They didn't even have all the times I called recorded which made me mad because I thought they were "working" on it. Not so much. I emailed twice and finally after 3 weeks I get an email saying all the missing pieces will arrive on Monday. Great I thought until I opened the envelope to find that not all the pieces were there.

So once again I emailed them and they said it will be taken care and should receive it. Ok I thought until 20 minutes ago I get an email from ** saying she checked with the warehouse and they did "indeed" send it. Really coz it isn't here!!! Not quite sure what they are saying... Maybe that I'm lying!! By option is that I think we got a return originally with half of the product. After reading all these complaints I can't believe this is how they do business. I have bought things before but I will NOT anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

This was my first purchase from SI, and it will most definitely be my last. I paid for express shipping on an item, and it was defective when it arrived. I called to address the issue with customer service and waited at least 15 minutes before being assisted. To be as brief as possible, I was hung up on by 2 representatives, was refused contact with a supervisor, and hung up on an additional time before I was even connected. I'm assuming that the "children" working in the department had visibility to my phone number and decided that they no longer wished to speak with me. I finally had to speak with a supervisor in the sales department, who escalated my call. I am currently still awaiting a call back from the return department supervisor, but I'm not holding my breath. I have never dealt with such an unsavory company. Don't waste your time and money!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I bought my ionic breeze in 2008, and I thought this was a reputable company.. am I a FOOL!! SHARPER IMAGE ARE Liars and THIEVES. I have had nothing but problems, now if you call them they use the excuse that they are a new company and there is a former Sharper Image company.. I just walked into one at a local mall, I have a discount coupon -- if only I knew - I WILL NEVER EVER EVER step into a Sharper Image again. If they went bankrupt once, they will go bankrupt again. If they won't stand behind their products before, they wont stand behind it again. THEY NEED TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS - Please help them achieve that GOAL and have them disappear from the map!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

Bottom line: they sell junk, when you call customer service to return the junk, you wait on hold for hours. They say they will email a paid return label and they never do. Shannon ** the awful, rude rep and her buddy Jae are an embarrassment to customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

It is very clear to me that this company exists for the sole purpose of scamming people. They sell crappy products and then when you call to complain they claim they are not responsible and you should speak with the manufacturer, since they just put their name on the product. When you ask for the manufacturer's information they hang up on you. I can only hope this company goes out of business before it steals any more money from hard working people.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I ordered a Christmas gift from Sharper Image on 12/08/14. It never arrived. So I had to go out and buy another gift from another store to replace it. I have called Sharper Image 3 times and emailed them at LEAST 6 times and they promised me on the phone to give me a store credit within two days. This has been going on for weeks. Needless to say, I have never received the store credit. They say that FedEx shows it was delivered. However, if I don't have it I don't care what FedEx says! Avoid this company like the plague! After reading about the company, it appears they are circling the drain and should be gone soon. Good riddance! Too bad I had to learn the hard and expensive way this company was dying.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

5 piece LED with daily timer candle set - I was given this product for Christmas and was not impressed as the one candle switch would only go to either timer or the off position and not stop in the middle at the on position. Also when new batteries were installed the light would only work in four out of the five candles. Do not waste money on this product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

My wife bought this for her elderly parents who frequently lose their house keys, especially since my father-in-law suffers from Alzheimer's. This product is, basically, junk. The batteries were dead upon arrival and the fobs required unscrewing to install said batteries, but were so tightly screwed together that I practically had to take a pair of channel locks to it. Once installed, the batteries didn't work. The larger problem, in my opinion, is that The Sharper Image sells mostly junk manufactured, poorly, in China. This is not our first negative experience with TSI. I would avoid all TSI products in general and this key fob finder in particular. Fortunately, she purchased this product from Bed Bath and Beyond and they are a phenomenal company with a generous return policy, so she'll be able to return this thing for a full refund. Sadly, the distance between The Sharper Image and BB & B could not be more fully on display than in this instance.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

I have contacted Sharper Image 3 times! I told them the product arrived and had a huge air leak and I wanted a refund. They agreed and said they'd send a label by Fedex but it never came. I called back, they said this is from a 3rd party. They said, "We are waiting to hear from them." Again, nothing has happened. Later call, they said they would go ahead and send the label by FedEx and an RA number to my email. I got nothing! I am getting the runaround. I feel they stole $179.00 plus tax from me! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

I ordered a product from Sharper Image online. I filled in shipping and billing addresses. I had the item shipped to San Antonio. They shipped it to my billing address in Colorado. I called customer service and was on hold for 50 minutes before even getting to talk to anyone. The service rep was rude and condescending. She would not even listen and the manager told me I needed to learn to read. NEVER NEVER buy anything from Sharper Image!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2014

My wife bought me the RC Cooler from Sharper Image. Forget about she could have gotten it cheaper with free shipping from Amazon. That's her fault for not doing a web search. Here is the thing the reviews on Sharper Image's website all say this thing is great. The overall rating was 4.3 out of 5. The unit arrived broken. I wrote a negative review. It disappeared later in the day.

I checked Amazon and this thing has a 1.5 out of 5 star rating. Out of 8 reviews 4 reviews say it was broken on arrival and another said it broke shortly after arrival. Sharper image is a crooked company. They purposefully manipulate the ratings on their website. There should be a law against this. If my wife had looked at the reviews on Amazon, she never would have bought this item. Best part they send me a broken product and I get to pay to send it back. I would suggest not buying from Sharper Image. I certainly will never do so again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

I purchased an Ionic Breeze Quadra at a Sharper Image store when they were in business, but it has made a buzzing noise for a long time, and it is very annoying!! Can't do anything because the Sharper Image now says they are not affiliated with the old Sharper Image. Also they would not honor my dad's $100.00 gift card for the same reason!!! Hmmm this is not good nor fair!! Is there some way to be compensated? Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

We purchased the 3 matching Sharper Image hardside twister luggage pieces in late October 2013. We used the 3 pieces only twice and on the two larger of the 3 pieces, the carry handles broke off, making it extremely difficult to pull the luggage off the conveyor belt, etc. After reading the "3 year warranty" it states that we have to ship the broken pieces back to California (we pay the shipping from Florida). Simply put, no one is going to ship anything as bulky as luggage back to them for repair and they know it.

If we had paid the $780.00 retail price for this luggage I would be enraged! However, I just feel stupid and angry and I wish to share my experience so others might not make the same mistake. By the way, we shopped long and hard, thinking we made the right choice since I did not see any bad reviews on this particular product, in fact, I passed on the Jeep brand because they reported that the handles broke off after only a few uses... so I suggest you pass on both!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2013

I received a gift of the Sharper Image 15.6" Vertical Trolley. It is cute. It has compartments and takes in as much luggage as a normally larger looking carry-on trolley. BUT THE zipper of the major compartment reopens after packing (no over-stuffing, just general loose packing)!. Also, after ONE use, the telescopic handle is loose. Sharper Image does not care! It is ALL about WHERE we purchased it and returning it with the receipt. I DO NOT HAVE THE RECEIPT. I DO NOT WISH TO ASK THE GIFTER FOR IT as they would feel awful. WHY CAN'T SI stand behind their name and product and courteously correct a genuine concern? Is that asking for too much especially when EVERYTHING they have costs more than other products and THINKING SI to be a better make, consumers purchase their products? NEVER AGAIN! And after seeing the many dissatisfied customers on this site, SI should be forced to correct these complaints and situations, where genuine by accepting the product from the dissatisfied consumer.

Original review: April 10, 2013

I purchased The Sharper Image Portable Electronic Key Finder from a retailer and when I got home, the product didn't work. The box was empty of directions or warranty registration so I did basic troubleshooting like removing batteries and putting in brand new ones and checking for plastic barrier tabs placed in the device to prevent the battery from dying, looked for reset buttons and there was nothing. I sent an email to the customer service department requesting an emailed copy of the owner's manual or direction on how to get them or anything.

My response from Shannon stated, "Thank you for the email. You didn't purchase this item from Sharper Image so Sharper Image is not responsible. You must take it back to the retailer you bought it from." I didn't ask for a refund or credit. Never once did I imply that your company was at fault for anything. I asked for a good faith effort to help me with a product Sharper Image does make and sell.

Who would know better how to help a customer with a product you make and sell than the company who sells it? I can't even believe that a company like Sharper Image would employ people without proper product knowledge or basic customer service skills. I will never purchase a Sharper Image product again in my life and I will be researching to find all your sister companies or anything your company benefits from or represents. I want you to know that I intend to enlighten everyone I can of how Sharper Image treats their customers whether directly purchased from you or indirectly through a retailer. It doesn't matter. When your name is on a product, it still is representative of you. You don't value your customers and you don't stand behind your products.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2013

I ordered one of SharperImage.com's warming foot massagers for my wife for Christmas. The first time she tried it, it neither warmed nor massaged to any degree of satisfaction. When I called SharperImage.com's customer service about another issue regarding my account there, I casually mentioned that I was returning the massager for the above reason. I was told that the item is not returnable because it is a personal care item. I venture to guess that most other online retailers, and almost certainly any reputable brick and mortar retailer, would accept a return on this item with no questions asked. Probably with no receipt required during the Christmas return season. I intend never to buy any Sharper Image merchandise again, online or in a retail store, because of their lousy customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2012

I purchased 2 Ionic Breeze machines back in 2000, and they both stopped working about 2 years ago. I was trying to get them fixed when I found out about the lawsuit etc. Is there anything that can be done now such as a refund or any credit toward another machine? Thanks.

Original review: April 10, 2012

I purchased 2 Ionic Breeze Germicidal Protection (GP) units and 3 small Plug-In Ionizers on May 9, 2002, for a total of $814. I have just recently started learning of the dangers of ozone and the class action lawsuit and the bankruptcy of Sharper Image. My asthma is worse and I even noticed less lung capacity now. I kept the units running constantly for about the first 2 years, then not too often, because of the cleaning. I am very angry and there is probably no course of action now. Is there anything that can still be done, even just a refund, so I could use the money to buy an air filter that does not harm me or the environment? Help!

Original review: March 14, 2012

I bought a professional series Ionic Breeze GP Germicidal Protection silent air purifier (model # S1830) directly from Shaper Image and paid over $600 for the unit (plus shipping). I used it in my bedroom for years because of sinus problems and other issues. I never noticed any problems as the unit always cleaned the air as I was led to believe. Just the other day, I was showing the unit to a friend and noticed that it was not working. When I went online to find a solution, I found more than I cared for. Law suits, recalls, etc. ** it! I paid a ton of money and I am on Social Security and cannot afford an attorney or to fight to get my money back. So, now, what do I do with a broken unit I cannot return or repair?

Original review: March 14, 2012

IONIC air purifier just stopped working. I paid over $500 for my Sharper Image air purifier and it just stopped working. I have had it for many years and was very pleased with it. I loved it. I miss the job it did.

Original review: March 8, 2012

I ordered a Nuwave oven on 1/18/12 online. I was charged on 1/23/12 and 1/28/12. I called on 3/8/12 and they refused to refund my money saying that I needed to return the second shipped item before they could refund the money. I will now be filing with my bank that holds my card and report them to the Better Business Bureau as I have my printed copy of my order for one oven.

Original review: March 3, 2012

We bought two Sharper Image air purifiers and were never aware of the ozone hazard and subsequent recall. We have had the purifiers a few years and have since developed cough, wheezing and sometimes shortness of breath. I have now been diagnosed with asthma and I am 75 years old. Today, I started researching these machines and find that the original company has gone bankrupt. There was a recall and now, I am aware of the many ozone hazards.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2011

Ive been using the Ionic Breeze air purifiers for about 20 years, probably since they were first invented. A few months ago, I started feeling as if I were catching a cold. I have had congestion and other cold symptoms off and on for the past several months, but it never seemed to completely go away. Lately, it has gotten worse, to the point that I have had trouble breathing in the morning sometimes. So I got my Ionic Breeze out today and cleaned it and I was going to plug it in so I would have nice clean air to breath to help me get over this cold. When I got it out, I noticed one of the little plastic tabs was missing from the bottom of the inside part of the unit. I decided to go online to see if I could get a replacement part. That's when I found this article!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2011

I bought a set of Noise Cancelling earphones at DutyFree in Brazil. These were not functioning, so I wanted to return them and get a refund. They say I have to return them to the store where I purchased them! They are not a manufacturer and can't do anything.

Original review: July 27, 2011

Four the last Three or Four years I have been going to the doctor for repeated breathing and sinius problems, I never knew why I kept getting them. I tried everything even wearing a mask a great deal of the time. When I read this article I am convienced the purifier made me sick. It came with no instructions, it was only after it started making noise I began to take it apart and saw some instructions for cleaning it. I had been sleeping with it in my room since I recieve it, which was about two years prior. I saw a commerical showning a colledge student having a purifier in her dorm room. If there is any information I should know as a result of this product please let me know.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2011

I have been having a lot of breathing problems at night - coughing & my nose clogging up. I didn't have any idea what could be wrong. I use Ionic Breeze Quadra in my bedroom at night. I never dreamed that it could be causing my problems until I read this article. I didn't know that Sharper had problems with the unit. I have not slept without it yet so I don't know.

Sharper Image Company Information