1.06/5

408 Sharper Image Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I ordered a product Feb3, was given 2/8 as delivery date, then 2/9, then 2/12. Now is the 17th & nothing!! I’ve emailed & talked to customer service & was told I’d receive it shortly & told I’d be receiving a gift cert through email but again nothing!! Of course the payment was collected, I am so angry about being moused around. I do not ever intend to purchase from this company again & I will dissuade as many as I can from doing so.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I originally purchased a Sharper Image speaker at Kohl's. Two months went by and darn thing stopped working. Contacted Sharper Image and replaced it for free. Well now using this replacement speaker that I have had less than 6 months. I had to call 4 different numbers for them to say, "Sorry we only give you 90 days to get another." Therefore I do not recommend this product. Was not cheap and the quality was not the greatest of sound. Lesson learned I'm going to research now the best Bluetooth speaker out there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On January 2, 2018, I ordered a pair of TV wireless headphones model # 204919-01. On the box it specifically says works for all TV's. Upon receiving them on January 10, 2018, I went to install them on my Samsung Model # UN55MU6490F TV manufactured in October of 2017. After a few minutes of trying to hook them up, I realized that it was missing a critical piece. The A/V to fiber optic converter. So of course I looked through the box again to make sure I hadn't overlooked any parts or pieces. I re-read the instructions just to make sure I didn't miss something. I hadn't overlooked any missing pieces and again said right on the box "Works for all TV's". The following day, I called and spoke to a representative that said the AV to fiber optic converter should have been in the box and that they were sorry.

She told me that they would have the converter delivered to me within 5 to 7 business days. I told her the only reason I ordered them online was because I was having neck surgery in 2 days and was the whole reason I even ordered them online. She assured me that they would be delivered by Friday January 12, 2018. At this point I was a little upset that I even had to go through this just to get them to fix their mistake, but at least she was trying to work with me. Needless to say they didn't show up until Tuesday January 16th and they only sent a fiber optic cable, not the Audio/Video to fiber optic converter that they had promised me. Of course now I am a little more than upset, I just had 3 of my discs in my neck replaced and still having to deal with this stuff. So I called again today, January 17, 2018. Tyra the manager was less than compassionate or understanding.

All I wanted was for them to make it right and send me what should have been sent to me in the first place. She said my only options were to send it back and once they received the old pair, they would send me out a new pair. I asked why they couldn't just make it right and send out the missing part which is only $13.89 and should have been included in the first place. She said that is not their policy and that she wouldn't be able to do anything for me until they received the original pair. All for an $13.89 adapter. The headphones I paid for were only $100.00 but where is their customer service? I just had major neck surgery and she wants me to somehow send them back. The only reason I bought the headphones online was because I couldn't get out of bed. If I could get out of bed, I would have went and bought them at Target, Walmart, or Bed Bath & Beyond.

I will NEVER buy any other Sharper Image products online or any store if this is the way they treat their customers. It didn't matter to them one way or the other if their box was falsely advertising or if I am bedridden because of my neck surgery, they already had my money and that is apparently all that matters to them. Customer satisfaction doesn't mean a thing to Sharper Image or their Representatives. I have never had a company that was so careless and unwilling to work with me. Thanks for nothing, Unhappy Customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a Christmas gift from Sharperimage.com intending to ship overnight. I chose to pay with PayPal but once I confirmed the dollar amount in PayPal they returned me to Sharper Image where the order had already been submitted! I was never given the option to review my order or select overnight shipping. I searched their site for a way to change it or cancel the order but there was no such thing.

I called them to get assistance but they were closed. This morning I called to get help only to find out it had already shipped, to the incorrect address (My PayPal address which is incorrect since I’ve moved and I haven’t updated it yet.) I will never receive that package now and they are completely unwilling to make the situation right. My only recourse is to pay for a new order. Spoke to a supervisor and still, they won’t budge. This is in no way my fault and they will not help fix the problem. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever had with an online order.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I first purchased the Autostop Tire Inflator as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. I received it, then decided to get him the Virtual Reality headset instead. I went online to initiate the return, as per the directions on the packing slip. I get an email, from Sharper Image, addressed to some other person in the text, and although there's a reference to use the attached FedEx label, none was provided. I emailed customer service, and that started a CHAIN of emails back and forth, with Sharper Image asking me insane questions (Would you like to return the item? Would you like a FedEx label? Do you want a refund, or store credit?) basically asking the same things over and over even though I keep answering over and over. I finally gave up, and decided to keep it and give it to my boyfriend anyway, or keep it for myself. So, I order the Virtual Reality headset: I open the box and it's some other item (TV Wireless Headset). WTF.

I go online to initiate the return as per the instructions on the packing slip: When I choose that I want a FedEx label instead of returning on my own, I kept getting an error message that the return submission was unsuccessful. By the way, the dropdown is for either a refund to the original method of payment, or store credit. When I chose "Original Method of Payment" the dropdown box kept defaulting to store credit. Finally, after the 4th time, I chose that I would just use my own method of returning the item. Finally, I get the return authorization. I'm going to ensure that I get my refund on this, because I have a feeling I'm not going to get it. Luckily, a local store has the Sharper Image headset that I can purchase tomorrow AT A BETTER PRICE (it's on sale), but now I'm not even sure the quality will be worth anything!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I created an account for this just to write a review in hopes others would pay heed. I ordered 2 items from Sharper Image. 1 item came, 1 did not. Ended up returning the item that did come only to get a partial refund to ship it back. The second item that did not come: after about 4 different times calling and trying to get a replacement, I decided I was cutting too close to Christmas so I called yet again to have them just send me a refund. I GOT A PARTIAL REFUND FOR AN ITEM THAT WAS NEVER SENT TO ME, AND IN FACT WAS SOLD OUT. I am so appalled and disgusted. I will never even glance at this company again and will be telling everyone I know about my experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered an expensive gift for my boyfriend for Christmas. For someone reason, during the order, the wrong address was placed in the system and it was shipped to San Diego. I now live in Napa. I contacted Sharper Image with regard to this issue and they pretty much told me there is nothing they can do since the package was delivered and that they would re-order the gift for me and charge me again! I contacted FedEx who was more than helpful to attempt to track down the package but unable to do so. The package is not at the delivered address and nowhere to be found. Sharper Image has terrible customer service and was less than helpful during this very stressful time. I will never purchase anything from this company again and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Attempted to use the $36 I earned from a previous order, and was denied applying that earned amount. The representative informed me that because the company had a promotion of free shipping with a $60 dollar order and 20% off, they couldn't honor the cashback I had earned. There was nothing stating this restriction provided in the email which was sent to me with the code for my $36 cashback certificate. I've decided I will not do any further business with this company and have unsubscribed from any of their future emails.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

On Nov 16, 2017 I ordered the Wild West Shooter Set from Sharper Image. It was a birthday gift for my grandson. The listed toy did not say "back ordered" so I was confident that he'd receive it before his birthday even if took an extra 3 days to receive it. Here we continue to wait. Now the 28th and still no tracking so I just called Sharper Image and got the newest story from "Louella" that it is due in this week. They now promise expedited delivery but she admitted that the shipping is the usual 5-7 days after the shipment arrives! If you order a toy within a deadline, find another vendor and please don't spoil a child's Christmas waiting for something that they don't even have the courtesy to list as back ordered!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I purchased a Sharper Image DX2 Stunt Drone 2 days ago. On its second flight, I pressed the auto land button, and the drone just flew away on its own. I called the company and they didn't seem to care. In fact they didn't even bother asking for a model number (which will help them identify which warranty comes with the product) before declaring that my only option is to buy a new drone. I used to believe Sharper Image provided high quality innovative products. I am saddened to learn that they sell products of very poor quality and don't stand behind their products. I will not buy anything from Sharper Image again, and you shouldn't either.

Sharper Image Company Information