3.0/5 (428 ratings)

About Sharper Image

Sharper Image Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharper Image?

Original review: July 1, 2021

When my 95 year old mother told me a package for me from Sharper Image was on the way, my heart sank. Despite repeated requests, she continues to fall victim to misleading advertising and bogus offers. And my experiences with Sharper Image in the past have made me steer clear. My fears were confirmed to a grim extent -- the 12x Zoom Camera Binoculars are a perfect example of an attractive product name and a product which falls laughably short of it. The idea is to combine increased visual acuity with prompt convenient recording. The reality, despite the name, is that the binocular optics are absolutely terrible and the imaging sensor ridiculously inferior to cell phone image sensors.

The 'zoom' is electronic zoom, by the way -- no actual telescopic function involved, which fact is carefully obscured by the product name. So -- it's not a useful camera nor a useful binocular. But they were right that there is a need for something like this, so some impulse or gift purchasers would see the product name and cough up money. I hope Sharper Image's cynicism and targeting of elderly and weak-minded consumers eventually leads to their corporate demise, but so far it has not.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I have tried many times to submit a negative product review (1 star) on this sound machine. My review is as follows: "I have been using sound machines for years. When they start to wear out, they will begin producing a background noise. This noise is the internal device that is either turning or spinning to create your sound. Right out of the box, this machine has horrible background noises on each sound. They 100% distract from the sound you want to hear. If you use it to cover up a noise, then you probably won’t hear it. But if all is quiet and you want to sleep after a stressful day, FORGET IT! The background noise is like “nails on a chalkboard” irritating. Maybe this is a defective one, but I won’t take a chance on another one."

Sharper Image deceives its customers by not allowing negative reviews. Customers think the product they are purchasing has 4&5 stars when in reality all the negative reviews are NOT POSTED! This is a very deceitful tactic to fool the consumer. At least I can post my comment here and hope it alerts others not to trust the reviews on the Sharper Image site.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Horrible customer service. Do not buy from them. Your future self will thank you. I received a gift item of Cassette to MP3 converter. It worked for 5 minutes. I called to ask for repair/replacement and the customer service rep simply talked over me. They have no clue how to run a good company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Ordered Slide converter. Was the worst reproduction of my treasured slides. Gave up and returned to Sharper Image. Bought through Amazon.com and as of now 3 weeks later, after returning, I have not received my refund through amazon credit card. I was so frustrated with this converter. The signs instead of words made it more difficult to use and through 100 slides, it did not take them. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

After 9 phone calls to try to get the correct iPhone printer exchanged and credit for returned item since they charged me for both I’m still out some of my money from 12/3/20 and it is 1/27/21. This company has wasted 9 hours of my time. They owe me way more than the cost of the item!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I received this pillow and it was supposed to come with a free $25 gift card. It says you can use it on whatever you want. There was no gift card so I called Customer Service. They told me they would send me a code to order something but the purchase would have to be $49 or more. I told them that’s false advertising that nowhere does it say that. I asked them if I could purchase the pillowcase. Listed for $19.99 for the pillow with the gift card and that’s how I found out you have to spend $49 or more. Also if you want to return the pillow they will charge you about $9.00 for a shipping label. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Good luck if you ever need help with your order from Sharper Image. I ordered expensive tire inflators before Christmas. They created the FedEx label, but never sent the products. After dozens of emails and calls, my order was nobody's concern. FedEx rightfully could not assist me, and Sharper Image Customer Service offered no answers and no help. All with a condescending attitude. We are talking an order worth $186. I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company, and presto! Suddenly the products are on their way! I don't want them now, was not given a choice, and have zero recourse. This morning's rep had more attitude than all combined. I do not recommend shopping at Sharper Image. I never will again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I made a purchase in the amount of $142. I received no follow up email, no FedEx tracking number, no merchandise. Countless email and phone calls to them went unanswered. Terrible customer service. Wished I read this before you bought.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Please beware. I purchased a wireless TV speaker for my husband. It does not work. I'm trying to return it and my order is open so I cannot use the online return service. I've emailed customer service 3 times and called 3 times. No response and the hold time was 61 minutes on average. It's $149 and useless.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I ordered my boyfriend the golf caddy cooler club for Christmas in Nov. It came in on time but of course is broken so I’m trying to send it back and get my money back like any sensible human. But, every time I call the customer service line it’s at least an hour before I can speak with anyone. I waited 30 minutes over my quoted wait time yesterday (Jan. 5) and was finally connected with someone who was helpful and sent me my return information. Now..this is where I got so mad I decided to write this review. My total return amount was $53 but I was charged a $27 return fee!!!! I’m not outside of their holiday return policy or any of their return policies for that matter. I emailed the customer service email asking what that was for and still no response. So now I have to wait another hour to talk to someone. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

After ordering an over-priced gift item two weeks prior to Christmas, that was in stock and had no indication of being low in stock, I waited an entire week for shipping information and finally called (after putting the same item in my cart to insure they had the item). Was told it had been out but was in now back in stock and they would express ship it. Waited another 4 days, called and now learned it is again out of stock, but the manufacturer will ship it after 12/28. Asked to cancel the order but told it cannot be cancelled. During this entire fiasco was never contacted. Will NEVER order from this company again - and hope those reading this will take warning.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased several items from Sharper Image and it took a long time to receive. When I finally received my order, one of the items were missing in the box, even though it was on the list in the box. I called and informed them to no avail. The customer service was horrible. The representative paused a long time then barely answered, stating they would send the item....Never did. I called again same thing...Never sent anything..Stated they could not provide a tracking number. I sent several emails and no responses. Please DO NOT purchase from this company. I got charged $80 for an item I NEVER received. THEY DON'T CARE..SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Order was taking a while to ship. Each time we received a response the ship date was extended. We finally told them on December 18 not to ship. Just cancel the order. Instead they shipped on December 22 and processed the payment. Now we can do wait until the item gets here then ship it back before we will get a refund. All the trouble could have been prevented if they would have cancelled the order like we asked before it shipped. Also the customer service is horrible. Very rude and ask like they either don’t know how to help or just don’t want to help. I really wish I would have read their reviews and complaints before buying from them because they have hundreds. Please don’t buy from this company it will not be a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I have been back and forth with Sharper Image and Fed Ex about a package. SI sent an e-mail stating shipping confirmation. When I didn't receive the item I contacted SI. No real answer. I then contacted Fed Ex who told me that the shipping label had been generated but no one had contacted them to pick up the package and as far as they knew, it was still at the shipping point. I again contacted SI and no one can tell me if it is there in their warehouse because the people you talk to do not have access to that information. They really don't have any more access to shipping information then you do from the e-mails you receive. What a waste of time! I don't blame those that I talked to, it is the system that is messed up.

I now have to try and substitute a Christmas gift for a 12 year old. If it were an adult no big deal, but a 12 year old grandson is different. I placed the order on December 8. The tracking label wasn't ordered until December 13 and the package is in limbo somewhere. I know it is a busy time of year, but... Maybe stores should carry more items rather than rely on online purchases. I won't order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Absolutely the most unprofessional online buying experience I've had in quite a long time. Dealing with this company is similar to dealing with those companies you've never heard of but always have the lowest prices available when searching online. As a seasoned online buyer, I know to steer clear of those companies, which makes it all the more disconcerting that I let my guard down.

I order 2 pair of expensive Monster Vision glasses from the website last night ($69/each). I received a confirmation email, albeit somewhat cryptic, claiming the order is under review and I'll receive a follow-up when it ships. I get an email 24 hours later saying my order is canceled. No explanation. No reason. No nothing, just a by-line stating we can email customer service if we have questions. Who doesn't provide a reason? What company does this? They just haphazardly cancel orders without reason. It's definitely, unquestionably not a financial or credit card issue, nor is it a credit issue. Hunch tells me they oversold.

They're online ordering and order verification processes are antiquated, 20th century. They can't fulfill immediately. Apparently, they have inventory control issues or systems that can't handle the load. Either way, it's inexcusable. Rationale should have accompanied the cancelation. I won't do business with these guys again. They've lost a customer for good. I won't acquiesce. They'll just no longer be a consideration when I'm in the market for goods.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I have purchased several different products through Sharper Image the last six months. I have not had one order go smoothly. I initially was sent a gift card that was already expired (just that no big deal) then Customer service gave me a replacement code and that also didn’t work. Another issue is that I did not receive cash back on two separate orders and when I called they gave me the cash back but as a “promotion“ code so their system would not let me use more than one at a time (Cashback you can use up to three).

I just got off the phone with sharper image because the most recent cashback code I was given only a week ago is again not working when I enter it at check out. I called and he confirmed that it is not a valid cash back number and call back tomorrow/Monday. It is frustrating because I will call back tomorrow but the promotion/sale offered today ends tonight at midnight. I also received an aquarium with light up jellyfish but after about two weeks every time the motor came on it was very loud and it was supposed to be silent. I honestly don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I ordered a product for my Mom for Christmas. Looked like a warm hooded lined sweatshirt for $60. Product arrived in an "As Seen on TV " packaging. Not the quality or reputation I expected from Sharper Image. Item is found on both Amazon and "As Seen on TV" sites for $29. With free shipping. Nowhere in the description does this say it's an as seen on TV item. I paid double for this low quality item. Definitely bait and switch, buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Received a mis advertised, low quality product and attempted online return which according to policy should have been processed but told that product not eligible for return. It was not a personal grooming product and should have been eligible per policy. When tried to call - was put on hold for over an hour. Do not shop from Sharper Image - they do not stand by products and have incredibly poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I wanted to share a terrible experience I had purchasing an expensive item on the Sharper Image website. There was a glitch in the system and before I got a confirmation, I accidentally entered again and created a duplicate order. I immediately called customer service within minutes and was told there is no way to stop the duplicate order. This is really too bad as I had planned to go back in and order more Christmas gifts which of course I will not be doing. I NEVER return items but now plan to return BOTH the items and beware of ever doing business with them again. Terrible customer service to not cancel a clearly duplicate order. I will also be contacting my credit card company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I ordered a Christmas tree stand the last week of November. They refused to give a ship date or confirm I would have it this year. I tried to cancel and they refused. They are charlatans, crooks and nebbishes of the first order. Stay away. I now know why their brick and mortar stores failed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I purchased the Hands-Free whitening toothbrush. The bristles don't touch my teeth. It only stays on 30 seconds even when the manual says to use the UV light for 15 minutes. When I asked to return it, they said I can't return a personal item. Outraged!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I wish I had read these reviews before purchase a product from SI. It was an open box and did not work when it arrived. I tried it any way and it of course was broken. They emailed me a return label, then charged me over $20 for shipping because it was returned due to "buyer's remorse" - though I had made it clear they had shipped me a broken item. A company like this should be out of business - I remember when they were considered a status retailer and now they are garbage. AVOID THEM!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Ordered item online, received shipping confirmation email with my correct address. Item delivered to wrong address in another city. Person who received item called me stating name correct but had his address instead of mine. I have called Sharper Image 3 times over past 4 days. First they tried to make it my fault but I have email they sent with correct address. Then they promised immediate resolution but nothing done. Next time I called, requested a supervisor...Again promise of prompt resolution. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!! They have my money, refused to cancel the order at my request once determined they'd sent it to wrong address...They will NOT take responsibility for their error. Wish zero stars was an option. Shop somewhere else!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I returned a product I purchased and was sent a gift card for the amount I paid. When I tried to use the gift certificate to purchase another item, it showed a $0 balance. When I called customer service, I was told that the gift certificate for $77.30 was still good. They told me that their website was having issues and to try back in a few days. It is now 4 weeks later, and I still can't use the gift certificate. I have called on 5 different occasions and spoken to 5 different customer service people. They all told me the same story. This company is not to be trusted. I am now writing my second letter to the CEO.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Unit would not power up although I tried three different unused AA batteries. Looks and feels like a piece of overpriced Chinese garbage. Because I wanted to return it for refund, I could not complete the return online and generate a return label, as all reputable companies allow. I was forced to speak with a customer service representative, which required a 45-minute wait on hold, listening to an annoying message telling me repeatedly how valuable my call is to them — while demonstrating the very opposite to me in real-time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Bought a jellyfish aquarium from Sharper Image...was defective and did not work...Spent hours trying to return it - was placed on an endless hold queue...The online return showed no record of purchase!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I ordered a health care item costing $130. Never received it. I got stuck in a loop between Sharper Image and FedEx, each blaming the other. It is now over a month later and SI customer service has no idea where the order is. A week ago I was told by rep that she ordered a replacement, but as of today FedEx has not received the item from them. I filed a dispute with PayPal. When SI found out, they said I would get a refund. SI says FedEx has the order but they are so overwhelmed due to COVID-19 that they just haven’t had time to ship my item. However, an item I ordered a week or so later was delivered to my home yesterday. I didn’t order from them for 5 years prior to this order. Now I remember why.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I finally received the order only to discover it has a manufacturing design defect that makes it unusable as described, and therefore I want a full refund. I do not want a replacement because the power adapter input is defectively designed which will not allow the power adapter to connect. I called to discuss this twice and was told a return label would be sent but I have not received the label. Customers should be able to start the return process on their site, but it says the item is not eligible for return. I can only conclude they are stalling, hoping I will go away; that would be a mistake because I am determined not to let them rip me off. I believe they know the items are defective but are trying to sell them anyway. How despicable! I am waiting four more days for the return label and if I don't get it I will contest the charge on my credit card. Stay away from Sharper Image!

Original review: July 29, 2020

I ordered about 300 dollars worth of products from Sharper Image. I ended up placing the order but didn't want one of the items I picked. My fault. Within 15 minutes I called sharper image trying to switch the product to something else. I was told they would have to refund the whole order and I would have to re-order it. I sent several emails asking for an email confirmation back that I would receive a total refund back on my credit card. So for days I kept getting shipping updates even though the package was rerouted back to the distribution center.

I then received an 18 dollar refund for god knows what, and I received a gift card to make my purchase. I filled a charge back with my credit card company because I don't have the time to fight with them back and forth to get my money back when the return policy states that with 60 days you will get your money back in original form. I have 10+ emails going to them asking why I received a gift card and no one has gotten back to me. PLEASE AVOID USING SHARPER IMAGE AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Purchased item online and realized I had one already. Attempted to cancel order in minutes from time of purchase. Customer service was closed so I sent email and called when open. Was told item was canceled only to receive a shipping confirmation 12 hours later. Customer service are liars and now I’m responsible for return shipping cost when it should have never left the store. What a way to conduct business huh? STAY AWAY.

Sharper Image Company Information