Sears Maintenance Agreements

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our Kenmore Mod 59672003016 refrigerator started getting warm on the third week of October 2016. We called Sears for the first time on the 20 of October, got a visit appointment for the 25. On the 25 a technician came to my house, checked the fridge and told me the problem was the compressor, he had to ordered it. "Because you don't have parts in PR, would take two to three days," he said (it took 10 days) and made an appointment for November 7. When the technician came he found out that the delivered part was incomplete and compressor seems that have received mismanagement and was incorrectly packaged.

He ordered a new one, were delivered 9 days later (November 11). Technician came on Nov 16 and mounted the part. It took 2 or 3 days for temperature to began stabilizing but after that it has been higher than 30 and up to 40 in the refrigerator and has been oscillating between the 15-30 in the freezer and continues raising. For a second time we have lost all our fridge and freezer food.

I believe Sears in Puerto Rico has been irresponsible in attending a problem with a compressor that is under a guarantee. I held them responsible for the lost food. Their appointment and parts delivery system is absurd and obsolete. I need my fridge fix as soon as possible, it has taken them almost two months to fix a fridge. I would make anything in my hand to publish this experience.

I signed up for "Sears home warranty" after they gave me an offer which I didn't accept (too expensive) to replace my current home furnace. The plan sounded really good (59.99/month covering all appliances in the home), so I said "I'll sign up now and I'll decide if I keep it after I see all details". They were also offering a free month which in the end disappeared (not available in my state). Not an issue I said. Just a month.

When I didn't receive any details in the mail I started looking at the reviews and I saw they were awful! So I called Sears promptly and cancelled (that day I received the plan details as well - too late - already made my mind). They cancelled and refunded the first month. Took me 2 calls and about 30 min to get someone. Not that bad. I have the call recorded.

Forward one month: I'm charged again! I call again to tell them to get their act together. I'm transferred to another department and the call gets dropped after some minutes on hold. I call again and this time I'm dead serious. I tell them in no unclear terms: 1. I'm recording the call. 2. My membership was already cancelled and I have that call recorded as well. 3. I will not call again if they drop me but dispute the charge with the bank. 4. I will also write a review detailing this. In the end (33 min call) I get a 3rd person ("supervisor" ) to really do the cancellation. Appalling practices, really! What do they expect? That I'd give up?? They totally tarnish their brand by acting like this. Most businesses these days do not see beyond the next 2-3 months. They are lost! Time to short again Sears stock.

After Hurricane Ike in 2009, I replaced all of my appliances with Sears Kenmore brand appliances, spending thousands of dollars at Sears believing they had solid products that would last for years as their originals did. After purchasing extended warranties, home repair warranties for things the technicians told me were design flaws like my ice maker clogging up and not working after every 3 months or so, and having to coat it with Crisco, and being told there is nothing that they can do, and I would have to continue doing this for the lifespan of the refrigerator.

And then the gas slide in stove "Don't use Cleaning MODE"! When you do the stove (Kenmore Range Gas Model # 790.36933900) overheats and short-circuits the display board. Twice this has happened and the second time I was out of work, had no warranty, yet Sears expected me to pay a service fee to repair and replace something that's obviously a BIG problem if it happened twice in less than 4 years! Sears' Kenmore appliances are shoddy made, not made to last. They make their money on selling you a product, then selling you to maintain and upkeep the product!!! I will NEVER buy Kenmore again. I knew I should have bought LG!!!

Bought the Sear home service warranty for the whole house. Called for repair to my double over, services tech came to my house and asked to be paid 65.00 for showing up before checking on my equipment. He then told me he needs to order a control board. He never called back. Finally I placed a call to the Sears, was told they couldn't find the parts, thus, they will pay 1000.00 for the credit of new appliance or get repair elsewhere and submit for reimbursement. My recommendation to those who have expensive equipments do not even consider buying home warranty from Sears. All you get is coverage up to 1000.00 plus 65.00 initial charge to come to check on your problem and still have to go elsewhere to get your equipment repair. Lots of promises and can't delivered. Bad bad deal.

I called Sears service agreement to fix my dishwasher which was covered under my service agreement. They couldn't give me a Sears repairman and sent a 3rd party provider. He literally ran my dishwasher and said it was fine. I needed new rollers for the bottom tray but was told that was not covered with my plan. That evening Sears called to follow up and reviewed his report with me, which said he would be coming back to fix something. They said if I ordered the parts myself I could pay then provide r$100 an hour to replace. Shortly after, the repairman called and said he spoke with Sears and I wasn't covered for the repair. He totally lied to Sears and said he was coming back to my house when he wasn't. He didn't even use a tool when he looked at my dishwasher.

DO NOT GET A SEARS CONTRACT!!! They cover nothing, send unqualified and dishonest repairman and rip you off. You can't even get out of the contract early, without paying a termination fee. I am done with Sears Appliances and will take my business to Best Buy for now on. Between my monthly payment and the $60 fee I had to pay for the service visit, I should have put the money towards a new dishwasher. I completely wasted my money and my time. Sears needed to be much more upfront with what is covered under their service contracts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I filed my claim with Sears in Sept. 2016, after two months, the repairman is still waiting for parts to arrive to finish the work. I have called more than 10 times to their service department, each time they promised to either send out the parts or return label for broken parts, it NEVER HAPPENED! After more than two months, I called again today, the customer service told me they will research, research for what? Just send out the parts! This insurance plan is nothing but fraud! They charge you faithfully every month, but when it comes to service, they give you runaround and never kept their promise. Anybody know where I can file a complaint other than BBB? Is there a government agency that can take care of this insurance fraud?

Bought refrigerator for new house Dec. 2012 with extended warranty due to all the electronics on this high-end machine. Have had it serviced 8 times and repairmen showed up several other times just to order parts. Refrigerator freezer was repaired 3 times this year alone with it icing over. Fans, rails and seals were replaced. Now the ice maker is not working and water is leaking onto the floor. I have called numerous times to try to get Sears to honor their LEMON LAW but for some reason I get disconnected. Sears needs to honor their contract and have better customer support to stay in business.

DO NOT PURCHASE A EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM SEARS! What a complete waste of money! I've purchased some extended warranty plans in the past, for the peace of mind that I wouldn't have to worry about repair costs and so that I feel comfortable with a reputable company coming into my home. I was promised timely, professional service when being sold the warranty but I've experienced quite the opposite.

I purchased a Whirlpool gold series stainless steel fridge less than a year and a half ago before experiencing issues with my ice maker. I scheduled the (1st of 5) appointment over the phone which was scheduled out 2 weeks out because they were overbooked. The day of the appointment comes, which was supposed to be between 12:00 and 5:00pm. I waited and waited until after 5:00pm came and went, I happened to look at my emails and saw an email sent 10 minutes before 5:00pm saying my appointment was canceled because the technician couldn't make it and I needed to call to reschedule.

I called to reschedule my appointment and was told I would have to wait another week for the technician. I understand, things happen, right? So the next week the tech comes out, looks at the fridge for literally 5 minutes and says he needs to order a part for the ice maker. He says it will be mailed to my house and he will be back in another week to install it. It's now been THREE WEEKS that my family and I have been without an ice maker.

On the 3rd appointment the tech arrives when I've already left for work, my wife stayed home from work for the appointment. She says the tech fixed it and to try it out in about 4 hours. I get home excited that I was finally going to be able to use my fridge again only to find out now MY ICE MAKER AND WATER DON'T WORK!! At this point I call back to have another tech come out to fix two issues with my fridge but was told it would be another week. This is a joke to me at this point, escalating my concerns to a supervisor or manager did nothing to expedite my repairs.

So I schedule my 4th repair appointment only have the technician never show up! No call no email, NOTHING. No communication at all! It's now been over 6 weeks and my ice maker and water filter are still not repaired. I would have gladly paid out of pocket to have this repaired a month ago. I'll never buy a warranty from Sears again. Probably lost me entirely as a customer for life.

Utilizing Sears Home Repair is becoming a reoccurring nightmare! Allow me to be frank, whenever a "Sears Technician" has been dispatched to my home the problem is diagnosed and fixed in a timely manner. However, the problem is that 90% of the time it is a 3rd party contractor that comes to the house. My current issue is that the same company (3rd party) has been sent to my house, even though I asked for them no to be! I DO NOT pay the 3rd party companies - I pay SEARS! I have been insulted twice (once told that my hood was insufficient for the range I purchased and I was poisoning the technician, even though the two were purchased as a set)! After that, I knew that I did not want this company coming back into my home.

Unfortunately, Sears seems not to keep records of such request and the same company showed up again for this year's appointment. I have 4 appliances that are covered with a Sears Protection Agreement. After being told that a part needed to be ordered, this company failed to have the part ordered! I decided to call today to see how things were progressing and whether or not I can cook for the Thanksgiving holiday, only to find out that THEY NEVER REPORTED ANYTHING TO SEARS!!! The next available appointment is AFTER the holiday! At this point, I will be glad to have my extended warranties provided by a completely different company and NOT Sears. I don't believe that they care much about me - their customer.

Less than 3 years ago I bought a Kenmore Elite fridge. I have had multiple issues with it. Last year it leaked and my 2 year old fell and hit his head after waiting weeks for service. Now my entire unit failed. Tech reported that the condenser and compressor failed and that there is a leak in the sealed system and not sure if repairs will hold. I'm expected to wait till 11/29 to find out? What am I supposed to do about Thanksgiving and feeding my family till then? I lost over $400 in food. I have a toddler and my husband is disabled. I have nothing to keep milk cold or anything! This is not ok to allow my family to be out without food for this long especially during a major holiday. I bought an extended warranty to prevent these issues!

Sears Maintenance Agreement was not responded when we had a garbage disposal failure, they sent a tech to verified that the garbage disposal was not working and order a replacement which we received and order a work order to have someone install the need garbage disposal and they gave a date and time. And when that time came someone from Sears claim the appointment was canceled and they never gave us reinstallment date. We have spent 4 hours over the phone with customer service over the last 2 days. My 87 year mother had just been release from the hospital a couple days earlier from a heart condition and can't have this issue cause her any more harm which is starting take effect on her condition, someone please respond.

Sears is not customer focused. They should screen their vendors more closely. They are happy to collect the monthly premium, but neglect to tell you about the things they don't cover. So in additional to paying for the warranty. You will pay a service fee, plus any fees that the contractor thinks you must have. I would advise you any person looking to get this service to just find someone to fix whatever the issue is you have and pay them as opposed to paying Sears $60 a month for nothing.

Purchased a new Kenmore Stackable Washer and Dryer five months ago. Waited 2 weeks beyond the quoted date of arrival at the local Sears store. We picked up ourselves as we live in the country and the delivery charge was excessive for a 25 mile delivery. Brought unit home, installed in place of our old combo. Donated old working units to a local charity. Unit was operating satisfactorily until this date - five months from original purchase. Washer failed to operate. Called to get a service appointment. Was informed by call center - apparently overseas that the first available Warranty service would not be available till a month from now on November 23rd. We live as I said earlier rurally, and it will require us to travel 25 miles to the nearest Laundromat facilities in order to do our wash.

I believe after spending more than Twelve Hundred Dollars for the set that it is reasonable to get at least service within the week and not as scheduled nearly a month from now. I am extremely disappointed by the obvious lack of concern on Sears part to adequately service the products they are marketing. I personally will as a result never purchase any further items from the Sears Company, and will endeavor in all my contacts with people contemplating purchasing any of their products, make them aware of the sub-standard service capabilities, should they ever have a problem with an appliance or any other product. Apparently Sears does not employ a sufficient number of technicians to perform repair work on their obviously inferior products.

On November 29 - almost 3 years ago we purchased our Kenmore Front Load Washer. From Sears Outlet Center at University Plaza in Newark. Since then, the washer has broken 8 times, which averages out to a 4.5 month lifespan between repairs. Each time, they had to replace just about all components besides the motor and chassis of the machine. The total dollar amount in parts amounted over $1,000 each time. (More than $8,000 in total.)

When purchased, our machine initially came with a “Master Warranty”, which we had just recently learnt through our ordeal. After it ran out we were contacted by Sears, by phone, to purchase an extended warranty. We were explained the payment amount for each month, and how many months of coverage it would be. Not at any time were we given detailed conditions on what exactly this warranty included/excluded. We were told that the warranty would cover all repairs and take care of ANY issues that we would have with our product. We have now just recently learned that the extended warranty which was recommended to us, actually only covers repairs. It will not allow for a replacement of a product even if considered a lemon by their technicians, and the fact that it breaks on an average of every 4.5 months.

While filing claims, we were told the only possible ways for the machine to be replaced were if a technician came out and deemed the product irreparable, or if it were to break 3 times within 90 days. The fact is, the later scenario is almost impossible due to the following reasons: It takes at times up to 2 weeks for the technicians to come out and inspect the broken washer for parts and at times up to another 2 weeks for the customer to receive all the parts in order for the technician to come out and make the repair. This “Downtime” which we have experienced with each break/repair Consumes much of the allotted time. (Which also means that our washer actually breaks more often than the average of every 4.5 months.)

I am not even going to go into the inconvenience that a family with small a child has to experience each and every multiple time the washer breaks down, as well as the impact it has on work and scheduling. On Wednesday, October 5th, a technician came out to inspect the broken washer for the 8th time. He actually deemed it irreparable, and also stated that this machine fell into other categories such as “multiple attempts” to fix as well as being an “uneconomical repair”. He followed his protocol and called STAC. After their conversation, STAC told the technician that my product should be replaced. The technician then relayed that info on to us the customer and notated it on the receipt as well as asked me to call customer relations, in order to get the replacement under way.

I called Sears, and was sent to the resolution department, which had me on hold for quite some time, many times, until they stated that the product will not be replaced; it will need to be repaired. They responded by stating that STAC believes that the machine can be repaired and that my warranty only covers repairs not replacement. I explained everything above and the response was that nothing more could be done except for another repair, and that process and procedure, were process and procedure. So now not only do we feel that Sears was not transparent on the details of the extended warranty that they recommended for us to purchase, the process and procedures that were stipulated by them as to how or when a product could be replaced were not even upheld when an employee legitimately implemented it.

Currently the business relationship between Sears and ourselves, is not financially economical or effective for either party. Regardless of procedures and protocols, how could this logically be economical/profitable for a company to keep dumping money into parts and labor (which usually takes 2 technicians because we have stackable) as well as their transportation and overhead every 4 months on a machine that cost $800 dollars? Since our machine has to be constantly repaired, it is actually never being fixed nor repaired. (The truth is, it is obviously irreparable.) All technicians who have been out here feel the same way.

Under the circumstances, we do not feel that it is unfair of us to ask for a replacement washer. Years ago, a customer wouldn’t even have to ask under these circumstances. Sears used to think of the customer experience and satisfaction, but now it seems like that doesn’t matter any longer. As of October 26 - a month later, still no washer and our service got delayed by yet another week. Now they are coming on November 4th - to fix a washer that their technician claimed is irreparable. I guess, our story will not end. To be continued... Thank you.

I have had the dryer for a little over a year. It was not used for 5 months. Shortly after starting using it again it started leaking water into the drum and on the floor. My clothes came out wetter than they went in. I called for service and they came and diagnosed some parts. They returned two weeks later to install parts. It worked for about a week. I called service again and the service man had no clue how to fix it and said it was working properly. I called again and the original service man came back and ordered a complete steam assembly agreeing that it is not supposed to leak water. He came back 3 weeks later and installed it. It worked a little bit better but still leaked water. My clothes come out with saturated wet spots when they go in completely dry. He made a few phone calls and said the dryer was supposed to work this way.

I purchased a 3 yr. protection agreement to cover service calls, defective parts, and it specifically states that if they can not technically diagnose or fix it they will replace it. So after 5 service visits they want to send someone out again. In my area there are only two service people. And neither one know what they are doing. I want my dryer replaced according to the terms of the protection agreement. I am tired of getting the runaround. There are many videos on YouTube of people with the same problem.

The worst experienced with Sears Home Maintenance repair CREW who was in this address to fix the recurring problem of our SAMSUNG refrigerator. This was the 3rd time that our refrigerator was not getting cold enough and our perishable foods inside the fridge were getting rotten and bad. I cannot add enough words to explain how frustrated we were.

After weeks of waiting, the service guy finally came. He diagnosed the refrigerator and said that it had a different problem this time because a different number code was showing. Then he said unfortunately our warranty coverage had expired. I did call home warranty dept. and told me our warranty will still expire until Jan 2018. When I told the service guy, he was very arrogant and said he already verified. Then we just told him to do his best to fix the problem BUT HE WALKED OUT! THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ATTITUDE FROM YOUR COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE and NOT FAIR FOR US the consumer paying years in advance for unforeseen circumstances and or service repair for the appliances we bought from you in the first place...

Warranty stage burner parts are covered for 5 years. After one-and-a-half years they told me they are not covered unless I pay $100 to Sears to have a technician come to the house to verify it. Why would I pay someone $100 when I can't use my grill. This is the second time they have burned out. They need to cover the part. Do not buy from Sears. They do not stand behind anything. I will no longer shop at Sears or K-Mart who is associated and owned by Sears.

My dryer was not working. It is a fairly old dryer but I never had any problems with it. I called Sears repair to ask how much it could potentially cost to have someone come and repair it. She suggested that I consider getting the Sears Home Warranty Plan. The sales person talked about all the benefits, including saving me money on this repair. She also indicated that I could cancel any time. Cost was $40 and $60 for service call vs $90 for service call and any parts and labor w/o the warranty. I specifically asked if there was any catch. It seemed too good to be true. The sales person indicated no I could cancel any time, no penalty.

What she did not say "of course" is that if I cancelled I would be responsible for the cost of the year membership fee or I would have to pay the full cost of the repair. When I called recently to cancel I was finally given these options very clearly. This made me feel like I was tricked. It took away my ability to make the best decision. So now, I ended up paying over $300 to fix an old dryer when I could have considered just buying a new one.

I am very dissatisfied with the way Sears operated. They indicated that they provided this information to me in a script that was read at the end. The wording that was used, if similar to the contract that I received after my repair was completed was so vague that even if I heard it, I would not have thought that's what it meant. So to me, the wording or the fact that the sales agent did not disclose this information clearly was purposeful to get me to sign on to the program. In the end, they broke my trust and I will never go back to Sears again.

I purchased a washer, dryer, refrigerator (2) stove and dishwasher from Sears. In less than a year the washer had the drum, belt, drain and the control board replaced. Over $3,000.00 in parts and repairs. Finally Sears agreed to replace as I convinced them that it was costing them more money than what I paid. It does not take long to do the math! However, the stove that I purchased less than a year ago has never functioned properly. My house filled with smoke twice, had to open the windows etc in the winter so I could breath. I just had the fourth repair and called about a replacement (stove is a fire hazard).

After being transferred 6 times and waiting for an hour and a half was told by first agent I had to go back to the store where I purchased. Second agent was the wrong dept. Third was the Philippines, and the last agent told me that even though I had four repairs since two of them were for the same thing it didn't count! I will be trying corporate tomorrow as I have had enough BS for one day. If I need to stand in Sears to tell people to go somewhere else I will. Basically, the warranty is deemed as fraud. I will be filing a complaint with the Office of Attorney General as well. Buy somewhere else.

GE Profile Refrigerator Repair - I am paying $40/mo for a Sears Home Warranty Plan. When my side-by side refrigerator failed, Sears told me it would take a week before a technician could be scheduled. I was not able to get a better date. The service finally came (a week later). When he was done my refrigerator was cooling less than when he arrived. I called Sears again and they said it would be another six days before someone was available. At this point I have lost over $300 worth of meats (which the contract does not cover). I asked to talk to a supervisor, and was told that no supervisor was on duty and that someone would call me by NOON the next day. This is where I stand right now! Waiting for a call!! I recommend that anyone with a Sears contract drop it and use local appliance service companies. One would think that a freezer full of spoiling food would warrant better service than a week!!

This company sucks, do not purchase any appliances from Sears. First visit they sent the wrong repair technician (to fix my microwave instead of the range) after long conversation about what appliance needed the repair. Then I had to wait again. Second repair technician had an attitude and couldn't fix the problem. Third technician was very nice and helpful but still couldn't repair. For the fourth appointment, Sears calls and has to reschedule because there "isn't a technician in the area"! What about the 2 that have already been to my house??? It's been over 5 weeks since my oven has worked. Sears is horrible, don't buy the service agreement. AND the stove is only 15 mos old!

Why aren't Sears and others liable to fix what they sell when it's still under warrant. My frig is 4 months old, it's broken 2x, told they would call me in 3 to 5 days with someone's name to fix it. Great. What do I do till then? If I was a man I'd take it apart & take it to Sears & throw it on their floor.

CLEARLY, SEARS HOME WARRANTY Service contracts are a FRAUD and a disgrace to a once great company. How did Sears Holdings which is the company selling this fraudulent service contracts become such a disaster to every customer that was unfortunate enough to purchase a Sears Home Warranty. Easy, it is a result of its CEO's management that has no regard for the Sears tradition, its reputation or its customers. It is lead by CEO EDWARD LAMPERT located at Sears Holding Corporation 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates Ill. 60179 Phone 847-286 2500.

It is obvious after calling this poor excuse of a top executive at Sears Holding Company that either the Board is nothing less than a group of incompetent and poorly experienced executives or they have just ignore what this so called executive EDDIE LAMPERT does in running Sears into the ground. Go on any consumer website and read review after review how Sears treats their customers, how Sears ignores the terms and conditions of their warranty contracts and how they perpetrate a SCAM of untold dimensions upon the American public that believes Sears makes a good product and stands behind their products.

I have called Sears Holding at least ten times and got nothing but a run around by Sears' representative, and that was only after I left eight or more message to Eddie Lampert's Customer Service team. I had to continue to call they never called back. Actually, I by-passed the recording and got through to customer service. This department is useless. They have no authority and no knowledge. Mostly it is a 'we don't know but we will switch you off to another department that might'. Same old BS switch causing you to be on hold or talking to morons for hours. Which in and by itself is nothing less than a swindle as not one person called or attempted to call back as promised on this message center?

Having purchased a Kenmore washer it became apparent immediately that somehow during the wash cycle it tore holes in shirts and sheets. Sears sent technicians out that took the machine apart and it would work for a month or so and go right back to tearing the wash. The last technician merely looked at the shirt, said, it was not the washer, and left never looking at the machine. I have a real problem with that opinion. In fact, he accused me of tearing or using chemicals to cause the problem. Really, over a five or six-year period, I tore holes in 100 dollar shirts or 400 dollar sheets. This guy was an idiot. Maybe he is related to Eddie Lampert!

Sears Home Warranty terms and condition says if they cannot fix the machine, they will replace it. They have been unable to fix it, I paid for the warranty and expect them to fix or replace. Not only now do they claim the warranty is canceled, but they have refused to refund my money, so as far as I am concerned it is still in full force and effect. Nevertheless, from the evidence on the numerous websites it is apparent that Sears does not honor the warranty nor service their customers or for that matter live up to the terms and conditions of the contract whether the contract is in full force or otherwise. In my opinion, this is ripe for a class action suit against Sears Holding Company.

Called Sears Home Warranty because my Jenn Air cooktop was cracking. An operator transferred me to someone who would diagnose the problem over the phone. He did and told me it was cracking because I was cooking on it. Asked to speak to manager and he agreed to send someone out to look at it. Rep came out and said that it was cracking because I had dropped something on it. Two lessons learned. Never buy a Jenn Air cooktop and never, never buy a Sears Home Warranty. I will never even shop at Sears. It is sad that this particular cooktop is known to crack when it gets hot. If I had dropped something on it, it would have shattered into pieces. I am afraid to continue to cook on it because I read this can be dangerous, so I will just buy a new one.

Buyer beware. I bought four large appliances and have nothing but headaches. Sears did not include a stackable kit for the washer and dryer. After multiple calls to customer service reps (not located or educated in the US) who do not understand Sears products, driving to the local Sears three times, I finally got the washer and dryer stacked and installed on a Friday (six weeks after the delivery). Immediately the washing machine started dancing across the laundry room, dragging its partner, the dryer.

When I called Sears repair because of course I have the service contract, it will take 19 days for an appointment with the repairman. This clearly the situation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Sears is a greedy corporation only interested in selling goods and without any concern for the consumer. Sending jobs offshore, is the first clue. US corporations are required by law to provide US customer service reps when a US customer makes that request. Oh! Not Sears. They told me that calls are answered randomly and they cannot direct a call to a US rep. My appointment for this coming Friday is now confirmed, but my trust level is very low. Fingers cross that the repairman arrives and actually knows what he/she is doing. On a side note, I just learned that within 30 days of delivery, Sears will replace an appliance that has problems.

I recently purchase a GE microwave from Sears and boy did I get the shaft when I purchased one of their (laughably useless) extended warranties. To begin I am no stranger to Sears and have used their plans and products since 1968 when they had one store located downtown Miami Fl but boy have they gone from an A rated to something less than zero. When the microwave failed I called them for repair and learned the hard way that Sears has established a policy of troubleshooting by phone in an attempt "I suppose to save themselves gas." Hey let's face it "If I knew how to repair a microwave or any other appliance why bother calling them?"

Well anyway they wasted my time for twenty minutes asking me to tweak this and tweak that before a service order was scheduled. Now you would think this was an end to my suffering but it was just the start when I got the most obnoxious repairman in the world who proceeded to tell me that I was doing this wrong and that wrong before he installed some crap part. Well guess what it didn't work and I had to suffer four more lousy repair attempts before I finally gave up and bought myself a new Samsung from Best Buy. The moral of this story is #1 I will never shop Sears again or purchase one of their good for nothing service warranties. #2 SEARS YOU SUCK.

Our washer and dryer which is under Sears warranty has been broken for almost one month now. First time my landlord and myself called to have it repaired, Sears wouldn't even try and schedule an appointment and even went as far as to very rudely blame the malfunctions on how we were using the machine. (Thinking we must not know how to work a standard washing machine.) The washing machine stayed broken, and when Sears finally agreed to send a repairman and schedule an appointment, it was for a week and a half later. When the day of the appointment arrived, I cleared my schedule to make sure someone was there, only to have no one arrive. And, to make it worse, my landlord called to confirm if they indeed were going to come, only to have them confirm that they were on their way, only never to arrive.

When calling to reschedule, they said the next appointment was a week out. I called to complain that this was unacceptable and that if they wait 'till then that means we will have been without a washer and dryer for 3 weeks. After that, they adjusted the appointment to be bumped up to the following day. I stayed and waited for the repairmen once again, only to have them arrive an hour and a half outside the window they were supposed to come. When the repair van finally came, it was only one repairman and he very promptly said he was unable to work on the washer because he needed more assistance, he was not prepared for the type of labor that would need to be involved for fixing the washer. I informed the repairman my confusion when myself and my landlord have been very vocal about the issues with the washer, and that they should have been prepared.

After our conversation with the repairman, he left saying the next available appointment was a week away. When I called Sears customer service to ask about what actions I could take, my call was transferred to an office that was already closed. I am profoundly disappointed with Sears. There are no immediate laundromats in our vicinity and my parents have been in town visiting and we had to buy them towels because we are unable to wash our own. Saying I am furious is a gross understate.

We signed up for the home appliance maintenance agreement in March. The service tech told us at the time that all home appliances would be covered. Our bar fridge went out last week and so I called Sears this morning to submit a claim. After being put on hold for several minutes, I was told that the bar fridge, because it's not located in the actual kitchen, is excluded from coverage (totally inconsistent with what we were told at the time of sale).

We canceled our policy, with a $140 cancellation fee of course, and have vowed never to use Sears again. I have to say that I purchased this contract against my better judgment, as I had been warned by numerous people, including my own husband, that Sears has been guilty of bait and switch tactics for years. Lesson learned.

I have been paying the monthly $39.99 for 7 months. I have been dealing with a broken down washing machine for the last 7 weeks. The technician was at my house 4 different times and failed to completely fix the washing machine. I have spent hours on HOLD on my cell phone trying to work through these problems. I ended up getting a family member to fix my washer. Now I am attempting to get out of the contract and they are wanting to penalize ME for not honoring the contract. Sears has had SO MANY opportunities to make this right and they have failed miserably. I will never EVER buy another appliance or warranty from Sears. I have no confidence in them.

I called for service on my LG washer that I had bought from Sears and unfortunately was persuaded to buy an annual warranty plan with the guarantee that they will be able to service the washer the next day. After paying for the plan, they cancelled my service the next day and could not come out for another week. I cancelled the warranty and found someone else. It has been three weeks and I have not received my refund yet. It has taken me 4 phone calls and talking with at least 10 individuals. I have been assured that my refund will be made in the next three days which I am still skeptical of.

Sears Maintenance Agreements Company Profile