1.1/5 (35 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I bought a new refrigerator from them about three years ago and already have trouble with a fan that is loud. I cannot use local repair people because it was made by Dae Wu and Sears has the parts bottled up so they cannot purchase the parts. I must use their repair person for $99 for a visit and an estimate of $375 for the repair. The local Sears tells me that the name of Kenmore means nothing anymore and their warranty system which costs $50 per month is a terrible buy. They also inform me that the average life of my $3000 refrigerator may last from 3 to 5 years-so much for quality and a repair ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

First, their inept technician misdiagnosed our oven’s problem. Later, the 3rd of 3 parts we needed and which had been back-ordered was cancelled, making the repair impossible. We’ve tried to return the first 2 parts for a refund 6 times! Each time we speak to the Sears Repair Dept (a.k.a. Transformco), they tell us they’ll send us the return shipping labels, but they never send them. And they won’t allow you to speak with a supervisor- it’s maddening! Until we can return these useless parts, our refund is basically being held hostage. This began in 7/2021 and it’s now 1/2022. This is, by far, the worst customer service experience we have ever encountered. Beware, anyone considering using Sears Repair.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Sears has abused and mistreated my 2 elderly aunts, 80 and 89 years old, to their heart's content. They make it virtually impossible for them to get through via phone, so I do it for them. They are disrespectful, they DO NOT honor the extended warranties, and lie. They lie! My aunt's fridge broke down, they lost all their food. One person told me that because they have extended warranty, they would get reimbursed for their food. The next person said they would not and basically, too bad, so sad. Shame on them. Shame on them for abusing the elderly, for lying, for being crooks.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Truly ZERO STARS!! Based on Sear's reputation (clearly a thing of the past!),I opted to have their home services come out to replace an old range hood with a new one. I was pre-charged $209.99 for the work and told installation would happen within the week. That was two weeks ago today! Every time I try to call or chat, they tell me my phone number isn't in the system... Yet it's on the receipt they emailed me! I did reach someone on the 20th who finally told me that she could see the receipt, but that they hadn't found anyone to do the work yet and to give them two more days. Still waiting...

When I called back today, once again they couldn't see my phone number on anything, and gave me an email to send the receipt to (supposedly) for a refund. I am not holding out hope. This transaction has SCAM and FRAUD written all over it! Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay as far away from Sears Home "Services" as you can!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Sears has outsourced all the phone answering and service scheduling for their Repair/Warranty program. It is a horrendous runaround and time consuming experience to get an appointment for repair as the answering and repair service is outsourced to both large corporate and local repair companies which from my experience are understaffed and not sufficiently trained.

Our refrigerator began making strange new noises so knowing repair times are delayed due to current supply problems we called Sears Repair service and made an appointment. After waiting over two weeks for a service person to arrive, we basically got a salesman who briefly messed with the refrigerator, then told us we needed a new fan that prevented “ice ups” and he would need to order the part. He then sold us a “warranty program that he said covered all appliance repair for all appliances in our house with NO additional costs. He made it sound simple and good, and that we would get the warranty contract separately. So we opted.

However, He did not disclose: A $75 dollar fee for setting up each future repair appointment; that there is a 90 day wait before your warranty begins (although the monthly fee was immediately charged and each month premium is taken out at the first of the month); that you would be run around on the phone by outsourced, offshore companies staffed with people who don't speak clear English and talk to fast and have no authorization to resolve anything; that there is a $150 cancellation fee on the warranty program.

After the first serviceman got through messing with the refrigerator the ice maker quit working. After another two weeks a different “service technician“ came to install the fan and fix the problem. He installed the fan and said the ice maker was fixed. It was not fixed. After three days we have about 10 ice cubes. So...we started calling the Service and Warranty programs. That is when we began learning of the all the undisclosed information about the Warranty. We counted our losses and changed the associated credit card number through our bank. The Credit card company is going to open a dispute with “Sears Service” for the charges. Save yourself a lot of grief and stress...DO NOT BUY the so called Sears Repair service or Warranty program.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator, 1500/2500 and still in warranty (expires Sept 2022). In the last (almost) year the technician has been checking and fixing the fridge 3 times. In this third time the problem is with the compressor and some hose. When the parts arrived I called and was assigned an appointment for the repair, that was on November 6, 2021. Since then I been rescheduled and confirmed several times: November 8, November 11, November 16, November 27, November 29, November 30, December 6, December 7. Now the 9th reschedule is December 9!!! With my experience, I would not recommend anyone purchase anything or the extend warranty from SEARS!!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I had a very poor experience with Sears Home Services. I didn't even want to give them one star.

Timeline:
Nov. 16--Appointment confirmation, technician will arrive Dec. 2 between 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
Nov 29--Your appointment is soon--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
Nov 30--Your appointment is in 2 days--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
Dec 1--Tomorrow appointment confirmation--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
Dec 2 (7:06 am)--Your appointment is today--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm. Let us know if you need to cancel right away to avoid a service charge.

Dec. 2 (10:02 am)--updated time--Tech will arrive between 4:28 and 5:58 pm.

Result: No-show, No-call, No correspondence whatsoever. My wife had to miss a day of work costing her $140 plus she had to miss our Grandson's first basketball game of the year. The very least they could do was call and let us know that they weren't going to make it. The excuse was, it was too late to call. 5:58 pm is not too late. They then changed the excuse to had to order parts. How in the heck can they order parts if they haven't even looked at it. Had to reschedule appointment. If they don't show up this time I will go to small claims court for compensation. "I'm sorry" really doesn't cut it as far as customer service is concerned. I will never buy a Sears appliance again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Clearly Sears has sold thousands if not more of ps5 and Xbox consoles. Then they help the scalpers sell it on their marketplace. I'm sure it's more than just consoles. These scumbags have taken major advantage of the American consumer, and during a pandemic, disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Back Story: On November 8th 2021 our 5 yr old Whirlpool dishwasher, while in wash cycle, went SNAP CRACKLE and then acrid smelling smoke started pouring out like two large cumulonimbus clouds. On November 8th we ordered a Samsung dishwasher from Sears online, which stated that someone would be in touch within 48 business hours to arrange the delivery/install/haul-away. On November 10th followed up and was asked for my address so they could place a “request for an installer” into the computer. On November 11th contacted them and was told the request is active and someone would contact me within 24-48 business hours to schedule.

Contacted again on the 15th and again on the 18th, where they said they would schedule the install, then kept me on hold for 20 minutes and dropped the call but let me leave a voice mail (!). My husband called and they told him that someone would contact him within 24-48 business hours. On the 23rd it took my husband 20 minutes to cancel the order because the person on the phone kept trying to save the sale. They charged our credit card on the 8th and it will take 10 business days to refund. And that seems to be their business model - using your money.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Re: Order #**. On Nov 3, 2021, I placed an online order for GE GSD2100VWWW 24" built-in dishwasher to be picked up in Elko, NV on Nov 22, 2021. Later that day, I found the same price point for a dishwasher locally and canceled my order. I'd already been charged and the agent I spoke with told me it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. (It should NEVER take that long for the return of funds. If you can take it out immediately, you can return it in a timely manner.) He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

On Nov 5, I received an email stating that Sears was working on my order. There was nothing about the cancellation. So, I called. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

I did not receive an email at all, so on Nov 8, 2021, I called. It was a repeat of my call on Nov 5. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and he said no, it would be from Nov 8, 2021. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and he would not put through to a supervisor.

On Nov 15, 2021, I called again because I have not received an email confirmation of cancellation. It was the same exact interaction except with a female agent. With a really strong accent and it was hard to understand what she was saying. But the conversation went: the agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, but that she would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 15, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This one ended the call with me.

On Nov 22, 2021 (today,) I called again because of not receiving an email confirming cancellation of the order. And wouldn't you know, it was the same damn conversation. This agent, her name is Jai, said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, or Nov 15, but that she would cancel it immediately today, Nov 22, 2021. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 22, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This agent also told me that she would end the call if I wasn't nicer. We got nowhere and she continued to refuse me a supervisor until finally, she said I could be put on a call-back list and it would take four hours or more for a supervisor to get back to me. That is completely unacceptable. (The case number for this last phone call is #**.)

So, dear Sears Corp, I should be nice that Sears hires incompetent people and I can't get my order cancelled and can't get my money back? Because that's where we're at. I've contacted my bank and will be going through the steps to deny the payment and file a fraud claim. Because what you are doing now is fraud. To be as blunt as possible and still maintain a little decorum, Sears sucks. I will never shop with any Sears Corp business ever. I want this fixed and I want it fixed now.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

We had no problem with delivery delay of our refrigerator because we knew about shipping problems after covid. However, the communication from Sears is woefully inadequate. Delivery was delayed three times, each time a week. Apparently they only deliver on Wednesday. Each time it was delayed the emails were the morning of the delivery. We would arrange to be home (they don’t announce your window night before as promised).

Finally we have a delivery window called in at 1:00 am. By Costco. No notice from Sears that Costco was now doing our delivery. 15 minutes AFTER delivery window ended we got a message from sears that delivery was delayed on manufacturer's end. Huh? They didn't know that until after we stayed home all afternoon? This is the third time we have to get off work for nothing. This next delivery would have been 4 times. Totally unacceptable. We are canceling this order and buying a used one from a friend. Customer service for delivery guarantees they will not be in business for much longer. Fridge probably wouldn’t have lasted anyway because of built in obsolescence epidemic.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I made my first report of having issues with my refrigerator since July 2021. I understand that we are under a Global Pandemic and things will take time but 5 months later (November) and still without a solution is the worst experience I have ever have with any company! If this is what Sears call Customer Service I worry for the future of this company and apparently more that the managers and owners that not once made a single call to follow up on the issue. I had technicians visits more than 5 times, different technicians each time. Every time it was something new. They were passing on the hot potato since they couldn't find a solution and were retuctant to just change the whole refrigerator.

For all the losses that I had during this months they indicated that the most they could do was give me $250.00 for the food lost (like that will compensate) and if I wanted I needed to rent on my own a refrigerator and once they solve the problem (keep in mind they have no idea when) they will refund the amount. Sorry for not believing in your words but after everything I wouldn't be surprised if Sears later on when they see the bill will say; "Oh! We have a limit and we are only going to be paying for part of it."

Either way, I am so done with Sears that I am just writing this for other people. Don't buy their insurance. It's not worth it. At least for me it wasn't. I purchase it believing that I was taking a good measure to avoid issues in the future and it was the opposite. I ended up having the worst experience ever and losing more money that if I just went and buy a new refrigerator or look for someone that will have said from the beginning, "It's not working. You need a new one" and not dragged like they did beacause they will lose money.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Had my third repair cancellation today. The Sears tech lied and said I wasn't home--I was sitting in full view of the driveway the entire time. Again. The second cancellation was because a tech was ill, but the other two, the tech failed to show, and added insult to injury by saying I wasn't home. Customer Service keeps telling me I must reschedule, they can't help, and that they will pass my complaint on to management. MapQuest and Google Maps can find my house, but Sears can't? I gave them two phone numbers, my email, and detailed information with landmarks in addition to my address. No accountability, no consideration of how badly I have been treated already.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I had a warranty with Sears for all of my appliances. I called to have my oven fixed. It was not turning on. They charged $75 to send someone out to assess the problem. He did not work on Viking ovens, and I had taken my oven door off to clean it. Waited for him to send a report back to Sears so they could send someone else. I had to call his company and ask them to please send the report in 3 times. Finally after a few weeks I called Sears back and they said they cannot send me another person because my oven door was off and since it was tampered with. One thing had nothing to do with the other. I cancelled my warranty.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Always growing up my dad swore on Craftsman products because of the workmanship and warranty. Recently I had a tool break, I do not live anywhere near a store as they closed in my area. It has taken me almost two months of getting pushed off to someone else and other departments, etc. I still have not resolved my warranty or spoke to anyone that can assist. I have over 19 E-mails and no reply except for 6 and that was telling me to call, when I call they tell me to send a email, it's like a vicious circle. I will never purchase Craftman again, they really went downhill!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased a new Kenmore fridge from Sears in April 2021. The fridge started leaking like a sprinkler. I noticed the leak on July 5, 2021. Sears' third-party vendor came out on July 8th. I advised Sears immediately after noticing the leak. That was their version of being expedited. My hardwood floors on my main level, ruined, my base cabinets, ruined, my water bill increased due to a non-stop rapid leak for four days. It leaked all day on the 5th until mid afternoon when the vendor arrived. I asked for a full refund and Sears Customer Solution Team declined my request and stated we can exchange it.

After almost 60-days and no part in mid-August the exchange process was initiated. September 28, 2021 no exchange, keep getting the runaround, and no ETA. Please shoppers buy your appliances elsewhere. Sears hate to honor Manufacturer Warranties and Purchase Agreements but they love taking our money. Honor the agreements like you take the money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Do not purchase anything from Sears. Our fridge stopped working in one year and 10 days. We purchased a protection agreement and thought that was a good thing. Do not waste your money. As of today, we have been told that the service agreement states that Sears has up to 6 months to obtain parts which to date have not all arrived. Therefore, we have not had a working refrigerator since 7/12/21. I am writing this review on 9/20/21. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased a refrigerator twice. 1st time the delivery men refused to bring it up my stairs. 2nd time, delivery was a no show. I've been waiting for my refund for 4 weeks and counting. Horrible service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I had scheduled a replacement of my Kenmore Refrigerator compressor after owning it for just 2.5 years (Was told by third party appliance repair company that is quite common with Kenmore). The day of the repair, they called saying they had to cancel because a technician is not available and scheduled for three weeks later. So three more weeks with out a refrigerator and all their response was, "Sorry". A third party could replace it within days... but would cost nearly as much as the refrigerator. We only have one refrigerator so not good. I will never buy from Sears, or a Kenmore product again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Don't trust their delivery dates. Ordered a freezer from their site because it said it would be shipped to my store on August 5. They now tell me it will be Sept 9. I would NOT have ordered it from here if I had known that. The only reason I ordered it was because of the delivery date. LIARS.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I use Sears Part Direct to get parts for my Kenmore refrigerator and washer/dryer. The last time I had a technician come out and install a refrigerator part, he came fast, assembled the part, left a note, and left. I love Sears part direct and even though the physical location on 79th South Chicago avenue is closed for about 9 years now, they are always available when you call and email online. This site helped me choose the parts I needed and gives you great detail according to appliance. Check the link here they have great discounts coming up: **

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! Do not use! The technician came out on June 16th and diagnosed that our washing machine needed a new door boot seal because the water leaked out of the front door when running a cycle. Please note, I wrote that the machine needed a new door boot seal under the “Your Special Instructions:” section when I made the initial appointment – why someone needed to come out and confirm I’ll assume is to ensure we were correct in our diagnosis - and we were. Once the machine was diagnosed, we were told the new part would be mailed to us within a few days and we set up a follow-up visit for the installation for June 29th. However, no part has been received to fix the leaking washing machine (the status page continued to read BACKORDERED due to COVID) and the machine still leaks.

On August 2nd, I reached out to Sears to cancel this order and refund the $300 deposit I made. However the customer service rep, via online chat, kept trying to go around in circles and never answer my question about cancelling the service and refunding my money. After the third time I asked the direct question of, "Is my order cancelled", she wrote yes. However kept saying that she'll "raise" the refund request. I finally had to reach out to my bank to have them credit my account because I never received the service. Immediately after that (of course) Sears contacts me about trying to resolve the issue.

They then sent an email essentially accusing me to having received the part. To which I had to keep replying that I've never received anything and the machine still leaks. They then wanted me to reach out to the parts department. I told them I'm not doing their homework for them, I'm not reaching out to anyone, I'm tired of being run around in circle, I'm tired of waiting on Sears to source a part I could have gotten on Amazon in a week and tired of a leaky washing machine. STAY AWAY! SEARS WILL RIP YOU OFF AND THEN ACCUSE YOU OF STEALING!!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We were talked into this by a tech who said we needed a service which we didn’t. We tried for another appliance; there were hidden charges and poor customer service. Cost $120 to get out of contract.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I purchased a Costway portable ice maker from Sears online store. After receiving it and installing it, it quit working on the 32 day. I tried emailing & calling the Sears service, no luck getting in touch with them. The phone was always busy. Their return policy, after installation, is only 30 days. Not only buying a piece of junk I cannot contact Sears for help. Their website is a big runaround with no end. Costway's service is about the same. No more purchases from Sears for me.

Original review: July 9, 2021

For 6 months I've tried to get a replacement refrigerator. Sears has sent over 10 technicians during COVID, and my refrigerator hasn't worked in 6 months. They didn't care that I have a newborn and elderly people in the home. Sears Warranty Department trains their representatives to blatantly lie to customers and to keep scheduling useless repair appointment. They offer a check for a college refrigerator that they never sent. I've had the same representatives lie and lie and lie. Sears is the worse store to purchase any appliances for. Sears clothing sales has already plummeted now their appliances are garbage!

BEWARE OF PURCHASES ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS. Sears trains their representatives to lie to customers. Sears technicians are inexperienced and useless. All through covid they've had technicians pretending to repair parts to a 5 yrs old refrigerator. I just bought a new warranty with Sears they don't honor. I'm canceling my new warranty and never purchasing anything from Sears again. Sears employees and reps give you the run around. Instead of replacing my refrigerator they want to sent a 13th technician that can't screw in a lightbulb. BEWARE OF PURCHASING SEARS APPLIANCES OR BUYING A WARRANTY FROM SEARS. SEARS IS A RIP OFF!!!

Original review: July 2, 2021

TERRIBLE Customer Service. Ordered a refrigerator online and it was delivered promptly, but damaged. Called to have a new one sent out and had to place a new order (so now charged twice). Second one came out more damaged than the first - so it was refused at delivery. It has been 2 months of hours on hold with customer service, bogus claims of resolution, tales of the computer systems being down, supervisors not being available, and many emails of "we need 5 more days to research this". I still have a dented fridge, 2 charges on my card, many red flags indicating fraud, and a resolve to NEVER buy anything from Sears again!

Original review: June 28, 2021

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite Over the Range Convection Microwave 8/2018 for $476.00. Warranty states the Magenetron is warranted for 5 years. The magnetron failed. Called Sears. The part will be furnished at no cost, however a Sears technician must make a house call at a cost of $250.00 to bench test the appliance. If additional labor is incurred it is billed separately. To speak to a technical representative they charge $37.00. The oven light works, the fan works the oven shorts out. What is really shorted out is Sears. I can replace the microwave for $300.00? When I replace the product you can bet it will not be Sears!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Have been shuffled around by 21 people and no one has had the knowledge or know what to do with my situation. It is unbelievable! I am with a home warranty company. They contacted Sears and sent them to fix my washing machine. Michael came out, piddled a little with our washer and ordered parts. He left after hanging around my house, on his phone for one hour. He could have left after 15 min. The parts came, Michael came back, wrong parts. Had to order other parts. Was supposed to come back and never showed. I called my home warranty company and asked them to offer the job to another company. They told me they typically do not do this but after hearing my story they sent another company. They came in, laughed at the parts Michael ordered and I quote, "If he bothered to look inside, he would have seen these parts are incorrect."

This company ordered the correct parts, came back and fixed my washer (within 4 days). Michael stretched my washer fixing for 3 weeks. I was billed by Sears. Talked to a woman who called me and asked why I hadn't paid my bill. I told her my story and she was going to deal with it. SHE DID NOT. Next I get a letter saying this is my last before being sent to collections. I called the good old Sears 1-800 number and they shuffled me around as mentioned before with NO results. I finally contacted headquarters and spoke to a gentleman, gave him the EXACT same information I gave to the 21 other people who conveniently could not find my name or my contract claim.

This gentleman took my information, put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back saying it was taken care of and would not be sent to claims. He also gave me my Michael ID number in case I want to file a complaint, WELL, I have a claims letter in front of me as I type. It was NOT taken care of, I had to pay so as to not ruin my credit. SOOOO, I now want my refund ASAP. This company DID NOT provide a service nor fixed my machine. I am beyond upset and will take legal actions if not responded to and send me guarantee information that this has been.

This company has such inept service representatives that only have in a small box knowledge of problems that need further help and Sears truly needs an overhaul. Sears used to have a good name, now I cringe when I hear someone say Sears. Tip for consumers: RUN, RUN, RUN. They are not worth it, even if they come in lower, they are horrible.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears. I have been calling them for more than a week to get service on my garage door opener. Each time I call they say their computers are down. I do not understand how they can do business if their computers are down for more than a week. DO NOT PURCHASE A SEARS PROTECTION AGREEMENT.

Original review: June 12, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore over-the-range microwave. It didn't last 3 years before it kept shorting out, after it was out of warranty. It was repaired once (a blown fuse) but then a few weeks later, shorted out again. It would be nearly $700 to repair it. So, we bought another brand at another store, but that didn't fit. So, went back to Sears.com to get a new version of the previous one. Bought on a Tuesday, was promised delivery/installation on a Thursday, that day came and went with no call and no delivery/install, and when I called, they said it would be at least two business days before they could call with a new estimated delivery date. It's no wonder this pathetic outfit is going out of business. Customer Service is outsourced to India, with no option to reach a U.S. supervisor or escalate the horrible service. AVOID!

Sears Company Information