2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Had my kitchen countertops, cabinets replaced and the Sears (now called Transformers) contractors in the Memphis area were doing ok until they got their money and didn't come back to finish molding, refrigerator ice maker hook up. They didn't even clean up the wood shavings and left their extra pieces. I've contacted them for 6 months and they never schedule a return date to complete.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I paid for the Sears appliance warranty for two years before needing to use it. When that day came I discovered that you do not get a Sears repair person but a subcontractor with 1-2 star reviews on Google and Yelp. Very disappointing and misleading. They tell you their Sears repair team is booked for months out so you’re forced to use subcontractors. Total rip off.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I thought I was smart for buying a product protection agreement for my washer two years ago until it broke down this summer July 2020. Sent service company out (third party) and they could not get off agitator and asked me if I had a tool!! From July until October we tried three times to get it fixed. You can not get through to the Protection Plan department...wait is more than 3 hours..and I had even waited only to be disconnected. Personally I won't deal with Sears ever again, but if you do don't get the protection plan. We were entitled to a new washer by their own contract, but they never returned or answered any contacting them on our part.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Called to clean dryer vent and made appt. Day before called to confirm and they thought we wanted heating/cooling ducts done. Set them straight, appt still on for Tue. Tue they no show. Call Wed morning, no apology, reschedule for Fri morning. Call Thu, we’re not on their schedule. Fix that, back on for Fri morning. No show Fri morning. Call back, promise Fri afternoon. No show, given fake number for supervisor. Why would ANYONE use them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We have a maintenance plan with Sears for our washer and dryer. We set an appointment over two weeks ago for annual service to be completed between 8am-12p. At 2:30 pm we have heard NOTHING. No call, text, email - nothing. Called Sears customer service 800 number and they said I must contact the 3rd party that Sears arranged to perform the work. Really Sears, I have to contact them? You took my money no problem. So I called the company that Sears gave me, twice, and guess what -- "Please leave a message at the tone." So we did twice and of course, there was no response.

Called Sears back and explained the entire situation to someone else and she explained to me she needed to transfer me to another department. Wow, really? On hold for over 1 hour with a recording saying, "We are experiencing a high number of calls right now, we appreciate your patience." Really Sears, you want me to believe that -- this is exactly why you are in such financial trouble. Your customer service is horrible!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We built a home and furnished it with what we thought was top of the line appliances. The Kenmore Elite Induction Cooktop and our Oven have both now needed repairs. The cooktop itself requires a $1100.00 circuit board. Add installment and we are looking at $1300. We paid over $2000 for the cooktop. You would think it would have lasted 25-30 years. Now going ahead with repairs, I wonder if it will hold up. I have no faith at this point.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I order air duct cleaning service for $179, however when the technicians got in the main one took pictures of inside the air handler unit and produce pictures of a dirty unit. He proceeded to sell me on lies: clean the motor, coils, and whole house sanitizer - which ended up costing over $2200 (including $179). I contacted Sears and no response, and the Business Consumer Alliance nor the Attorney General Office for Consumer Complaints have closed my complaint due to "No Response."

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

From the outset of getting this home warranty we had issues. We got it in July 2019 - I called just for a question to be answered in December and got nothing but the runaround - 5 phone calls (4 X hung up on) to get a simple question answered. I had a claim on my washer in January - it took 6 weeks and 5 techs to finally get it right. The 2nd tech spent the majority of his time telling me that he did not need to get all of the items done because he disagreed with the repairs listed in the work order and berating his co-worker. He left without finishing the job. He took my card information - and never processed the payment - That took several months to resolve.

When we canceled in July 2020 they charged us to cancel - then reversed that cancelation charge and took a payment on the canceled contract. Countless e-mails, phone calls and letters and we are still be harassed for payment including one today where now I am being told I am not authorized on the account that I was authorized on up until this call today. They took $69.99 without authorization of our money on a canceled account and refuse to refund it and refuse to stop sending notifications demanding payments. Do not get this service. There are multiple complaints on multiple sites all saying the same thing.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

We have an home warranty service that we have had to use 1st on an dishwasher. Wow what an fiasco. They came out 4 times and ordered different parts over a 4 month time and never was able to get it fixed. Now we have a dryer that won’t heat. Called home warranty company and sure enough they send Sears out again, so I called Sears about when they would be called out and they didn’t have anything scheduled yet.

Since it was the day before that we turned in the request we didn’t worry about it, I had to have some blood tests and lo and behold we get a call. The service tech is at our house and we are 20 minutes away so he can’t wait!!! Called Sears and are told we now have to wait 3 weeks to get him back! Never use sears they are clueless and so far can’t fix anything.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

RANT: I HATE LIARS! Thurs my husband Frank called Sears #sears to see if we had a warranty on the washer. No - but here's a great deal. Pay $129 & someone will come to check it out & it will cover the visit & parts. $49.99 every month starting next month but can cancel anytime. Service rep here Sat - have to pay $129. Checked CC & they had billed us for $49.99. Called today. Explained that we had been lied to not 1, not 2, but 3 times by their rep!

Long story short -after 2 HOURS on the phone with the 1st hr just waiting to talk to someone & then transferred x 4!! - refund $49.99 & cancel everything but you also owe $33.22 for the part. Not what we were told!! $129 was to cover EVERYTHING. They could give us a $50 gift card! HELLO!!! You can't waive the $33.22 but can give me a $50 gift card?!?! NO THANKS! We will NEVER purchase another product from Sears!! #HATELIARS #NEVERPURCHSEFROMTHEMAGAIN #WHATAJOKE #greatwarrantyisajoke #longwait

Sears Company Information