2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (1133 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I have been a Sears Home Warranty customer for 4 years, paying $890/year. My refrigerator stopped working on 6 Jan and it is now 19 March and they still have not fixed it. Three separate times they sent technicians to fix it. Each time I had to take the whole day off waiting for them to arrive. Each of them, after looking at my fridge for about 30 minutes, then said they had to order parts and would return when the parts arrived. After the parts arrived (and I had to take the day off again) they each worked on it all day, and then said they needed to order more parts. It has been 2 months and 13 days, and counting, with no refrigerator. I am ending my contract with them and I hope you avoid them like the plague as well.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I ordered a water and dryer online at Sears. Scheduled delivery and received an email the next day that my order was ready and I would receive a call the day before to remind me and advise the delivery window. The Friday before I received a call that they needed to reschedule for two weeks out the original delivery date with no explanation as to why. I call customer service and they tell me it isn’t in the warehouse. They advised they would send me an email with equivalent sets that are in the warehouse I could choose from instead. They did not send me the email.

I go online in the chat to inquire about the email and was told my products are being delivered on the original date they promised and even after I point out they told me it wasn’t in the warehouse they promise they just checked and they were. I would be getting my products delivered as promised. I call the customer service number and they say no it isn’t in the warehouse, can’t be delivered as promised. I ask for a refund and they try to offer a discount. Then tell me they refunded but were not capable of sending me an email confirmation of the refund of more than $1,500 worth of product because they don’t have email. This department only have phone no email. But assure me I should be confident that my money was properly refunded and I should just trust them and wait 7-10 business days.

I was stupid and did not check reviews before purchasing but when they canceled I did check and they are awful!!! I pointed out their terrible reviews and that there were a lot of complaints about their delivery and refund and they were well aware of the bad reviews. Hopefully you are smarter than me and check the reviews before you buy. 89% bad all consistently with the same issues. I asked them why they show products in stock and confirm a delivery date if they don’t have them in stock. I was told they don’t have any products in their warehouse, they contact the manufacturer when an order is placed and it is then when they find out if the manufacturer can even fulfill the order. Terrible way of doing business!!!

Original review: March 5, 2021

All of the negative reviews are correct. DO NOT ORDER FROM SEARS. It is not the same company since they started liquidating everything and uses third parties for customer service & delivery. I ordered from Sears back in 2016 and everything was perfect. I ordered again Feb. 2nd, 2021 and everything was the complete opposite. Promised delivery dates or the word they LOVE to use is "Guarantee". I guarantee delivery on this new scheduled 5th delivery date. *Insert eye roll here*. A couple of my favorite excuses for not showing up for delivery were the following: "The load was too heavy for the truck," "We haven't received the merchandise from the manufacturer," "Covid," "The system jammed and had your account in a frozen status, please ignore the text and email you got saying to reschedule your delivery. I guarantee it will deliver tomorrow."

I realized it is better to CHAT with them because you can get a copy of the transcript vs phone conversation. You will need these transcripts when you will file a claim with your credit card company for a full refund because YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ITEMS & you will just keep wasting your time going around in circles. My time is too precious and I cannot be contacting Sears on the daily to get statuses on why they failed to follow through again on their "guarantee". I went and repurchased my items with Best Buy. It was great talking to a human in-store and Best Buy doesn't use third-party for repairs either. Save yourself the headache and do not order from Sears.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

If I could give Sears a zero star, it wouldn't be low enough. My water heater went out last July. It took a week for them to send a technician out to fix it. They charged me $249 for a 15min part replacement. Now fast forward 6 months and my water heater has gone out again. I call, and yet again, another 1-week wait to get someone out. Another $249. But this time, the technician says that the part that was replaced in July should have had a second part replaced with it at the same time, the part he is now replacing as it too had failed. He verifies these two parts should always be swapped out TOGETHER for this reason. But, the incompetent first technician only replaced one.

I call Sears and dispute the second $249 charge because of their own incompetence. Why should I pay twice for a service that should have been completed in 1 visit? Their response to the request for a refund? Denied. SEARS IS NOT ONLY INCOMPETENT BUT THIEVES TO BOOT. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered a GE washing machine in mid December 2020 from Sears.com. The order detailed the machine would be delivered with several weeks, it’s now been two months and the washing machine has yet to be delivered to my home. Sears rescheduled the delivery of the machine 4 times since the promise of the first delivery. I will never order another item from Sears ever again. Such poor customer service and awful experience from a company that’s been around for many years... I will never advise anyone to buy or order anything from Sears. The company is outdated and irrelevant. Consumers should be aware of the poor customer service Sears provide. Consumers should not trust doing business with Sears.com. I regret doing my business with Sears online. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered a dishwasher and stove. I received delivery confirmation. I received only dishwasher. Called and was told I would have to wait 48 hours to receive update on stove whereabouts. Terrible service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I bought big windows for my house in 2001, I spend $7000.- dollar and they are supposed to be lifetime warranty, I called last year because some of the windows need to be replaced, they are double glass windows and got bad inside, I explained that to the woman who answered the phone and that ** woman who had answered the phone started screaming at me like a mental patient, I don't know her or anyone in that place. She screamed "someone will come from Dallas and YOU HAVE TO PAY $60.- DOLLAR PER HOUR, YOU HAVE TO PAY, YOU HAVE TO PAY. In first place they are under a lifetime warranty and it is not my fault that it is a bad workmanship. If she does not like ** people then she needs to work someplace else, wherever I don't know. I am going to write to the corporate office and see if they will get me a normal person to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I placed an order of a rangehood and a layaway order on Sears.com for a dishwasher and a gas range in November 2020. I made 5 payments in total. The first one was a down payment of $149.67 and I made another $90.72 for the range hood on the same day. The next 4 payments were done every two weeks as follow:

November 19th - $336.76
December 1st - $336.76
December 16th - $336.76

December 29th - $336.74

So the total that I paid off that layaway transaction was $1496.69 ($149.67+$336.76+$336.76+$336.76+$336.74). I paid for the range hood and kept it so I don't count the $90.72 payment. Now Sears refunded me:

$149.67 on February 2nd

$251.75 instead of $336.74 on February 2nd

SEARS REFUNDED ME ONLY $1411.70 INSTEAD OF $1496.69. I have tried to contact their customer service number so many times and spoken to so many people. Every time I called, they would keep telling me that they already submitted a request to the refund/delivery team to check on the issue and someone would get back to me within 48 hours.

I haven’t heard from anyone so far starting February 1st. Only one time they emailed me and stated that they refunded me $1411.70 while my emails specifically questioned them why I didn’t get my full refund. It seems like none of them actually bothers to research the issue to find out what happened. They just responded automatically to what they saw on the screen. Sears used to be good. Now they suck! I want to get the $85 that they’ve stolen from me back because it is MY MONEY! Never ever do any business with Sears again. Don’t bother to call their customer service for help either! Because they wouldn’t do anything!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Purchased a 12 yr Kenmore Hot water heater that crashed within 4 yrs. Sears doesn't want to honor warranty to many technologies. Dont trust the "NEW" Sears. NOTHING like the old way of doing business. I now understand why they CRASHED!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased an appliance protection plan for $49.99 per month. Supposedly to cover all my kitchen appliances at a reduced service fee. I tried to have my oven repaired. Spent over $400 and it still doesn't work. They refuse to refund my money in full, I did get a partial refund after hours on the phone with "customer service". This on top of the fact all my appliances were purchased new from Sears before they closed shop.

Sears Company Information