Sears Reviews

• 6%
  • 2%
  • 63%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2024

OMG these crooks, I had a service guy out March 23 2024 to check my Fridge which cost $120. The fridge needs a LG compressor replaced per service. We decided to repair the cost was $609.87. I paid the technician on the spot they were shipping parts. The follow up appt was scheduled for April 1st 2024 between 8-5pm well I had a text at 6.30am saying repair appt was confirmed and guess who never showed. Waited til 6.30pm called 3 times during day to get an estimated time for tech arrival - nothing.

They said the computer systems had been down since Friday, haha - their text message for appt confirmation was a dead end '500 / please try again in awhile', all week now same message. Well over 5 hours on phone only now Thursday to be told they couldn't reschedule because tech left the repair open. While on the call I logged in Sears.com home repairs it says completed. Customer service rep from India says he put in a request to contact that should happen within 72hrs well don't include the weekend. Anybody need a $1435 boat anchor. Never again!!! Sears sucks.

Staff

Reviewed April 2, 2024

Do not get a Sears Appliance Warranty. Sears used to be good. My mom had it, and I decided to get it because Sears was good. I bought a stove and needed a repair. The first thing that was done was to sell me a warranty and then scheduled me for a service call. The repair person said the warranty would not be active for 30 days. When a repair person came, he replaced the part and the oven still would not work. Sears sent another repair person to verify that the oven did not work, and ordered more parts. This process started December 2023 and I am still without the use of my oven. Trying to get a live person has been a nightmare. I cannot cancel my warranty until I send back the parts.

Reviewed March 28, 2024

The experience was beyond belief. The serviceman came on time but did not have the "impact tool" to change out my mulching kit. I took off work for his service. After an hour on the phone no help was extended except to make another appt in 1 week. Where is the customer service. If I could give "0" stars, I would. What a waste of my time and their time as well.

Staff

Reviewed March 15, 2024

Will not honor their warranty that you purchase. Mine expired the day I called on and for that to be honored. I would have to purchase another 1 year warranty. I have bought 2 riding lawn mowers, fridge, washer and dryer. They do not help at all. Do not purchase anything from them.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2024

This company uses a shipping company who claims that I ordered two items when I only ordered one. I was alarmed when I was charged twice, so I disputed with my bank. They ordered two of the same item charged my card and only sent one. Then told me to deal with it. Gave me the tracking number to dispute myself. What? They were very rude and not easy to work with. Now I have to go find my money after chatting with them saying that it may have been a glitch. Whose error is that? Never calls you back, only emails you. They sent my bank two of the same tracking numbers and didn’t prove that I ordered the other. Then they sent me the other tracking after denying my dispute. Don’t order ANYTHING from this company. If it looks too good to be true it’s because it is. They are a scam.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

My husband hired them to look at our dishwasher as it wasn't completely drying the dishes. The technician looked at it, told us we would need a new one (9 yrs old) as parts are no longer available. He left, we discovered the dishwasher no longer had power nor our disposal (which was working properly before the visit). A different technician came today (4 days after the first visit), spent less than 5 minutes and told us it was an electrical issue and we would need to call an electrician. Both the dishwasher and disposal were working prior to the first visit. Not only did they cause us inconvenience, possible damage, but also scammed my husband by charging us a large sum of money for it. They did not provide my husband with a receipt, but it was Order Number **, their phone number is 802-552-4364 and we can provide you a copy of the check my husband wrote if that is needed.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

Sear is the one of the worst company to have issues with. I got their $400 3 year protection agreement on my oven that goes out every year right around Sept or Oct. I paid over 5k for it and it made it 1 year before it started having problems. Well it not working again right around Oct tech came out didn't do much and said we have to order a part here it is January and still haven't gotten the part. I called in on the 14 of Dec and they said they would replace it and I would get email in 7 or 10 business days. I never got anything. I called back today Jan 9 and now their part on its way and they won't replace it.

Now just so everyone knows this is the 4 Thanksgiving and Christmas my family has gone without oven and microwave because it's a combo unit. They see that they said they would replace but since the part's been ship now they won't and I have to wait to get the part before I can set up the appt for the tech to come out. So it be probably another 2 or 3 weeks for that happens and the best thing is if this don't fix it we get to start this all over again. SEARS doesn't care about their customers period. Can't even talk to management.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

My Craftsman mower was damaged in a tornado. I ordered parts from the Sears website, which stated IN STOCK, to repair the mower. The hood arrived, but the grill is on back order until at least February 2024. That makes it 4 months. In December 2023 I called customer service to get a status and was told it would arrive by December 20th. I then got a text saying it was on back order again. I called customer service again, who obviously uses English as a second language, who refused to give her country or state or even her employee number, advised me that the grill is on back order AGAIN! She provided a Johnny Carson tap dance attempting to justify the lie that the part would be delivered December 20th. Sears needs to be investigated for fraud. They took my money with no problem, but refuse to give me the parts I ordered.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

It absolutely amazes me how the largest retailer in the United States which is now shrunk to a measly 11 stores cannot even get the basics right. I finally finally have received the appliances I purchased a month and a half ago. After eight cancellations. Two no-shows. A series of attempts to contact someone from the company which they make very difficult. Even getting a hold of somebody at the store level requires leaving a voicemail or in this case multiple voicemails to get a phone call back. The store associates are obviously trying very hard and there's a lot of people here working very hard to accomplish very little.

The current owner of this company Eddie Lampert has done a number on it. It all started with the attitude that they didn't need to take care of their customers that was the beginning of the decline. His executive team was a revolving door and each step of the way they defied basic customer service and now it just appears as though the systems they have in place are totally inadequate and the poor 11 stores that are left operating are just winging it to get by each day. I feel very sorry for the folks working there. It is obvious this corporate raider has ruined the company and there's no coming back from it until he admits he has no idea what he's doing and is willing to acknowledge the customer is king.

What a nightmare and a bunch of drama just to get a stove and a dishwasher wow!! And might I add if he gave one iota about customer service he would provide easy access to folks to provide feedback and input put instead they put out a myriad of numbers that go nowhere and there is absolutely no way to speak to anyone at the Florida corporate office under any circumstances so we'll do it here through public shaming although I'd much rather provide direct input to help them fix their problem but it became very apparent. They don't want to hear it back at his corporate compound. Hoping he's enjoying floating out there on his yacht while he continues to ruin what was one of the most respected names in the retail industry for over a hundred years while destroying thousands of families, careers and pensions. What a piece of work.

And I might add being dishonest to your customer base is not going to win you any awards. Four different excuses given As to the reason for the product delays (And I guess the no-shows and the repeated confusion within their organization also) the "problems with the supply chain" just doesn't add up. On top of it all they showed up with an extra dishwasher and just spent the last hour wasting my time with six phone calls arguing with me over the fact that I wanted two dishwashers even though I was only charged for one on my receipt. I guess I could have just taken a second dishwasher and sent them down the road but obviously that's not right to take advantage of their shortcomings. But the attitude of the folks on the phone oh my God...Who tells a customer to be quiet and listen to them when the customer's trying to explain they just got off the phone with three other people and have already explained....Who does that....Sears!!!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

I wanted to give-ve rating, Sears is not even worth 1 star. I ordered a toy for My Son's birthday- and when placing the order, the expected delivery date was Dec 5th 2023. However- till date I have not received the item. When I contacted their customer service on Dec 6th, they asked me to wait till Dec 8th and told someone would email me with a update. When I did not hear anything, I again contacted them on 8th, and they first did not acknowledge that I ever contacted them- and asked to wait till Dec 11th for a update. Again today, they are asking me to wait till Dec 13th. Their customer service is incompetent, rude, telling lies and dishonest.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2023

When my oven needed repair the repairman talked me into signing up for a Sears Home Warranty policy. Never should have done it. For six months I paid $50 a month, but never used it. My refrigerator went out today and before I could get any information on how Sears Home Warranty would handle the repair of the refrigerator, I was charged $100. Nothing came after. I again contacted Sears Home Warranty and asked when I might get a repairman over and who. It turns out they had NO repairman for my area and were contacting the manufacturer of the refrigerator. I wound up doing that myself, discovered my refrigerator's compressor (which was the problem) was covered under warranty and all I needed to do was contact a local repair and pay for labor, which I did.

Meanwhile, Sears had never contacted on when I might hear from a repairperson. I wound up canceling the 'order' for repair and will watch to ensure my $100 is refunded. I then called to cancel the policy altogether. They have a $150 early cancellation fee. Aren't those illegal? I thought they were. The rep kept trying to convince me to stay with the policy until it ended which would have cost $250 by the time it ran out. This is such a RIP OFF of people. I thought it being "Sears" it was trustworthy. NOT. I paid the $150 but I'm looking into filing a complaint.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

Do not get a Sears Home warranty for any purchase. Better yet, don't buy anything from them. I called for a repair. Needed a part replacement for a stove. They charged me for the part and repair, part was suppose to be sent in 7 days. It never arrived, they couldn't say when it will arrive. When asked if they had any in stock; they couldn't answer and just said they would call when it shipped. I canceled everything after a wait and wanted a refund. They said refund would be sent in 7-14 days. It has been 3 months now. Numerous calls to them; I get the same answer in 7-14 days. After each call they ask me to buy a home warranty for my appliances. Where is my $500?

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I bought the Sears PROTECT WARRANTY, So I had a technician come out to do a HVAC tune-up & clean the unit/coil. He only scraped some dirt off the coils and left it all along the bottom of unit, coil area. That will just go back into the coils & stop it up. Ridiculous. Poor job. He told me that he usually has coil cleaner spray, but he was out. I looked in there after he left & it was dirtier than before he came.

This is the 3rd time I've called them & they don't fix anything, gave me a est on fixing my refrigerator of $900 plus before my warranty went into effect. I just bought a new one. Save your money, don't deal with Sears Home Protect & Sears Home Services. Also, every time I call I get someone that barely speaks English and doesn't even know what's going on with the Protect Plan. It's a rip off. I have pics of my AC Coil after he left, But can't find where to post them.

Pinned

Hello Robin, we want to sincerely apologize for the recent service experience you had with us that fell short of your expectations. We genuinely appreciate your feedback as it helps us identify areas for improvement. We are actively working on improving our service to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Please reach out to us on Facebook, so that we can better assist you. Thank you.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

After what N&P has been thru and after me trying to help- Sears can go to hell- their gas stove went out July 9, 2023. Pop had a plan to cover parts and services for the stove. He was told that the part was not available and they would be getting a stove- that was July August Sept- every time he called they would say wait for the e-mail, wait for the e-mail. I finally step in to TRY to help. I call a the minimum of 6 times with NOT ONE person knowing anything. I even had the number they gave Pop to refer to. The last person I spoke to gave me ‘headquarters’ phone number- it has been disconnected!!!! We were all kinda worried about our Thanksgiving meal. To this day Oct 30, there has been no e-mail and no response from any person at Sears. N&P went out and bought a new stove 2 days ago. Go to HELL Sears, go to hell!!!

Pinned

We're genuinely sorry for the significant inconvenience you've experienced with our service. Your situation is unacceptable, and we understand the impact it had on your plans, especially with the upcoming Thanksgiving meal. We take full responsibility for the delayed resolution and lack of communication. Your feedback is crucial, and we're committed to addressing the issues within our control to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

Sears home service seems to be running a scam of service fees and no service. See below for actual details. The WORST customer services ever. Sears has redefined what bad customer services is. Here below is an account of the incident: 1) About 3 weeks ago our fridge stops working. 2) I schedule a service. 3) I get a service window from 8AM to 5PM. The tech shows up 4:45PM and tells me he has not enough time. 4) Charges me $99 for the service and schedules me for another day. 5) I get another service window from 8AM to 5PM. 6) They want to charge me another service fee for $99.00. Sears has become a scam artist. I tried to text them on messenger. They replied that I must pay or go through home warranty. Great job sears in taking what once was a great company to be the most pathetic shell of what once was. There is no one to talk to.

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2023

I called few months ago regarding my stand alone freezer warranty. The representative told me that it’s out of protection and how he can offer me another warranty- $60 a month and I can cancel it at any time. Back and forth, he sold me on the warranty. 3 months later, I call in because I have an issue with my stand alone freezer, I was told that it’s not covered because it’s a stand alone freezer. I called at least 5- 6 times and every time I try to escalate it, they would hang up on me. Every single time I called, once they find out I have an issue, they would hang up. I will provide you with my phone bill with the amount of calls I made to Sears and the duration of the calls.

Finally, I tried to cancel because it was a scam. The representative tells me that I will owe a balance. It’s a one year contract. Again, this was news to me. The representative was insensitive and no showing any empathy telling me it’s my fault since Sears send a welcome letter. I should have read it. I didn’t receive any welcome letter. If I would have gotten anything like this, I would have definitely canceled since my stand alone freezer won’t be worth the warranty. It’s almost 7 years old freezer. The same amount I will be paying for warranty, I can get another freezer. I asked to speak to a manager, I was told there is none and they have to schedule a call that it takes 36-48 hrs. I asked for an email to voice my experience, I was given the wrong email and it came back. Don’t be fooled by them! They are not trustworthy company. It’s sad because they used to be very good and trustworthy

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2023

On Sept. 5, 2023 a technician came out to look at my washing machine. It was determined that it was the lid switch which is no longer being manufactured. He did not fill out or leave paperwork detailing what the problem was. My home warranty plan needs something in writing. I have been calling Sears. Getting hung up on when trying to explain what I need. I can't afford to buy a machine so my 73-year-old self is lugging clothes to the laundromat. I told him that I needed something in writing because he was too lazy to walk to the truck to get the paperwork. I'm stuck. His response was to just give them the model #. I will never use this repair place again!

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2023

Beware - they will not give you a refund if you cancel an order before it has been fulfilled. First I want to say that I have used Sears Home Services for several appliance repairs over the years and I have been very happy with their service. The technicians were knowledgeable, and professional, and quickly repaired my appliances for a reasonable price. But a few months ago my dryer needed to be repaired and it required parts to be ordered. I had to prepay for the parts and the installation service, which I was fine with. But a few days after I placed the order and prepaid, I received a notice that the parts were on backorder and there was no estimated delivery date. So I decided to buy a new dryer, because the one I had was fairly old, and I canceled my parts and service order.

I have been trying for the past three months to get a refund on the $400 I prepaid for the parts and installation service. They will not give me a refund even though I do not have the parts and did not receive any service. Because of this, I will never use them again. If they can fix your appliance on the first visit I think they are great to use but do not prepay if they need to order parts and return to install them.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2023

Order #** for security cam placed in Aug 2023 was late so I checked the tracking number- it didn't work, I called the three telephone numbers and none actually worked for the purchase, the link in the order for help didn't work, I emailed several times and never got a reply. I reported the problem to the credit card company and Sears sent me an email today saying that I returned the order (yes, the order that I never got). Nothing about this transaction seems honest- nothing. Be sure to contact your credit card company at the hint of fraud with details.

Customer ServiceCoverageReliability

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2023

I purchased a major appliance from Sears assuming I would receive continuing customer service and support as needed. This proved to be a huge mistake - Sears provided absolutely no assistance when I encountered issues getting a defective product repaired under warranty. When the manufacturer refused to fully cover warranty repairs as required by law, Sears completely abandoned me as a customer. They claimed no responsibility whatsoever, stating the manufacturer was solely accountable for the warranty coverage on an item THEY sold me. However, under consumer protection laws, Sears has a clear duty to ensure their customers receive the expected warranty coverage on products purchased at their stores.

Sears could not care less about standing behind their products or advocating for customers once they already have your money. The utter lack of customer service and refusal to assist with mediating valid warranty claims is absolutely unacceptable for a company that portrays itself as an esteemed retail brand. Do not trust Sears to have your back post-purchase. You'll be left high and dry with nowhere to turn. I learned firsthand that Sears feels zero obligation to provide ongoing support after making a sale. Unethical conduct and disregard for customer satisfaction needs to be exposed. I urge others to avoid relying on Sears as a retailer if you ever expect to need assistance down the road.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

I had a technician come out to diagnose my refrigerator. Unfortunately, he didn't have the necessary parts on hand, so we had to order them. Once we got the parts, they didn't resolve the issue. We rescheduled for another visit, but it took 10 days for them to return. A few days prior to their return, I had called to request that a technician contact me to ensure they understood the problem and to be prepared for the visit. It took me at least 45 minutes on the phone to finally reach a live person, and that was only after intentionally contacting the wrong department and getting transferred. The person I spoke to assured me that notes were made and that they would call.

To my disappointment, the technician didn't show up. The service time was 1-5pm. We received no information the technician was running late. At 5:30 we checked the app and it said the technician was 2 stops away, with an arrival time now of 7:15. At 7:25 the app then reverted and again said 1-5. Needless to say we wasted our entire day and there was no call or attempt to reschedule. This level of service is incredibly frustrating and unacceptable. It has cost me time, money, and tested my patience repeatedly. I strongly recommend seeking a local alternative and avoiding this company altogether. The experience and professionalism has been absolute garbage.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Should be "zero" stars option to choose instead of just 1-5. Requested AC service, appointment scheduled and confirmed via text. No call and no show from Sears or technician. Very difficult to call Sears and was put on hold for a long time, transferred multiple times, call dropped. Customer service didn't help and using condescending verbiage as if the customer is an idiot. It is expensive home warranty with terrible service. Stay away.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

My heater is not working on my HVAC system, so I called my home warranty company to make a claim. They assigned Sears HVAC to my claim, and an appointment was made for the next day. It was between 8am-5pm. I called several numbers to try and contact a customer service representative to get a COI, unfortunately I couldn’t reach anyone. The day of the appointment, I spent the whole day at home waiting for the rep, tracking him on the link emailed to me. By 3pm, I received an email from Sears canceling my appointment. I feel this is very unprofessional and terrible customer service. I called my home warranty to get another company, I will never have Sears over my house.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

I hired Sears to repair my microwave. They did a diagnostic but didn't have the part on hand. After receiving the part, I tried dozens of times in every possible way to contact them to come back and complete the repair. After 2 months I finally got escalated to a department who approved a refund. Another month later I'm still waiting so I disputed in my credit card. Now they are rescinding the refund offer and I'm having to pay another company to complete the repair.

Reviewed July 18, 2023

In August of 2018 I went to the local Sears Outlet and ordered several appliances due to a fire in my home. I also agreed to the protection plan for the appliances. A week later, before the appliances were delivered, I canceled the order for a range hood. I was told that the price of the range hood and the associated protection plan would be refunded to my Sears account.

Last week I received a notice that the protection plan for the range hood was going to expire soon. I called and learned that Sears had charged me for a protection plan for an appliance that i never purchased. I spoke to a man who said he couldn't help me, but would transfer me to someone who could assist me with this. I was transferred 2 more time, each time giving all my information and explaining the issue. The fourth person I spoke with said they wouldn't return my money and refused to let me speak with a supervisor; she actually said she didn't have a supervisor and refused to do anything. Sears basically took my money for a service protection plan for a product I didn't buy and refused to return it!

Reviewed July 5, 2023

To make a long story short they sent an appliance repair guy out to inspect my refrigerator and after reviewing a hidden camera video I had taken the guy never even inspected my refrigerator. Sears promised me a refund of my $99. I waited just over the 2 weeks they said a refund would take to process. I was promised a refund a 2nd time. I waited and still received no refund. Apparently they just lie to you and hope you go away. This isn't just unethical, it's illegal. Worst experience I've ever had with a company. Months later I've spent countless hours trying to resolve this but the higher ups aren't even interested in reviewing video of the repair guy not doing anything. They don't have any integrity. They even gave me phone #'s to call that have been disconnected. They are liars, thieves and scammers.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I ordered a stove from Sears marketplace and it was the worst nightmare because they didn't include a power cord then wants the customer to play tennis with the shipping company Appliances Connect who was another terrible nightmare. They both blamed it on another for my missing cord and refused to provide installation for a confusing product. I would not advise for your mental health!!

Reviewed June 8, 2023

HORRIBLE!!! They booked me in between 8 am - 5 pm but never showed up, checked the link and it changed to 6:22p. Still never showed. No alerts, no updates no calls. Called and rebooked again -- the same thing happened -- no call no show... I will be reporting them to Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. And.. customer service is nonexistent... Can't get hold of a live person unless you want to book a new appointment for the first time. I had to stay home from work and I lost $260.00 -- Are they going to pay that back?

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 7, 2023

I scheduled a washer and dryer cleaning for today. The tech arrived, lucky me. He stated that he cleaned the washer and "checked" the dryer. When I asked him about cleaning the dryer vent, he stated that he was not allowed to touch the vent. That is the ONLY thing I needed done with the dryer. He stated he "looked at the filter" and turned the dryer on to ensure it ran properly. I can both LOOK at my filter and turn my dryer on by myself. I do not need to pay someone to do that. So I paid for absolutely nothing for the dryer despite the on-line advertisement stating "A thorough cleaning of the inside of the dryer and exhaust vents And much more".

Lastly, I apparently I made a mistake when setting up the appointment and was therefore charged $179.99 instead of the $149.99 that is advertised for a washer/dryer combo. So not only was nothing was done with the dryer, I paid $30.00 more than the advertised price for it. I am clearly very upset by this experience and would greatly appreciated it being rectified in some way. I did call and speak to a customer service person who sent a request to billing to have this reviewed and she asked me to also send an email as the system may take time to post the transaction. I received a reply essentially stating it was my fault. I will never EVER use Sears again.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed May 28, 2023

I have purchased a master protection agreement on my treadmill for over 25 years. Power treadmill model 831297272 purchased 11/15/1994. It allows for annual checkup/tune up. Current policy expired March 1, 2023. I called weeks prior to schedule service and was told no service in my neighborhood any longer. I could hire a third party, pay the service call and Sears would reimburse me $80.00. Not acceptable, so I asked for refund $138.95 and was denied. I’m out my $$ and will never do business with Sears again. They are crooks and liars.

Sears Company Information