1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

315 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I purchased two cardigans a month ago when there was a 40% off promotion. The promotion code was not working and the service agent advised me to continue with the purchase and they would refund the difference afterwards as there was a technical issue. So I continued with the purchase and requested for a refund via email. The service agent told me that the refund will be reflected in my credit card within 3-5 business days.

I called them a week later and told them that I still haven't received the refund and they told me that there was a problem with the system, he could not check the status for the order now and asked me to call again tomorrow. That's what I did again. Called tomorrow and their payment partner's network was still down. Nothing they can do, but promised to email me once the issue is solved and will update me with the status. Another two weeks, not a single word from them, and I had to call again and explained the whole situation to another service agent again. And the same old story, the refund has been requested and confirmed, should be in my account in 3-5 business day and of course, it's not there and asked me to wait again.

What a scam - the whole refund process took over a month and there was a technical problem internally, a technical problem with the payment partner and issue with reflecting the refund on my credit card. No one followed up with me, all false promises with the customer service agents, repeated the story with over 6 service agent and what they offered was nothing but WAIT.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

It's a terrible experience of buying stuff from Saks Fifth. First, the quality of the shoes are not good, there have some cracks after couple of times wearing the shoes, I think it's because the glue the manufacturer used to connect the bottom of the shoe to the side are weak? Anyway, the bottom detached from the side for both side of the shoes! I request a return and took photos before I send them back. However, what's worse than the quality of the shoes is the way the customer service treated me, they basically said: "We got the returning shoes, they are in good condition, we have already send it back to you." Are you kidding me?? So their logic is if there is any damage, if they claimed they did not see it, then they are not there? Is it an insult for the customer's intelligence!

But apparently they don't care about this and they transfer to the supervisor and let me hold on line for half an hour without answering! After connected to the supervisor, she just kept saying: "The shoes are worn and not able to be sold again." Of course they are worn, why would I spend more than 500 dollars and not wearing them? But I did not abuse them! Apparently, that's the quality issues. After 20 mins, they said they could refund me 20% and the shipping I paid. I accepted the offer, however, I'm not going to repair the shoes, probably throw them away to avoid the frustrated shopping experience from SUCKS FIFTH!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Saks Fifth Avenue, OFF Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, all of the Hudson group stores how ridiculous. I placed an online order at Thanksgiving. It was a promotion that by spend so much money they'll give me $100 gift card. It is supposed to arrive by December 13th in my email. Never received it. I called them. Keep in mind each time you call him 'cause it a language barrier. You have to ask for a customer service manager that takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour. I called once a week until today. Each time they tell me they got to email it to me within 5 to 7 days.

Today they told me the gift card they mailed it to me which they never did and it was used on December 3rd 2018. That is strange because they weren't supposed to issue it till December 13th 2018 by email. The guy was extremely rude. Of course they don't speak English. I said, "So I called you last week, the week before, the week before that and it takes you 2 months to tell me that it was used in December. Doesn't make sense. I never received it." I will never shop at any of the Hudson group stores that include Saks, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor. They lost a customer that's been close to $20,000 in 2018 over $100. It's absolutely pathetic. Buyer beware. But it's quite the scam they have going. Tell you to buy this buy that and will give you this which they don't.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

What a horrible experience. I purchased 5x $500 gift cards for my wife. I gave them to her for Christmas. We went to return them in a store in Raleigh NC, a front desk clerk rudely told my wife, “we cannot take them back” while she proceeded to play on her phone. We spoke with customer service online who sent a refund label so that we could mail them back. They arrived Jan 2nd.

The website and rules say allow (2-3) business days for processing and an additional 10 days max for refund to show up on credit card statement. It has now been 16 days without a $2500 refund. I have called 5 times to politely discuss and express my concern for such a large refund. I get the same answer that no one can do anything from the “customer service center”. It’s been an awful experience and I will truly never give this company a penny.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased a set of glasses ($100 for 2 glasses, not cheap!) and when they arrived I noticed they had a scratch, so I called customer service and nobody could tell me how to exchange them, since this is an international order. I have worked for department stores before and I shop a lot in Nordstrom, Hudsons Bay, Selfridges, Lane Crawford, Harrods, etc. and this is the worst customer service I have ever seen! I will certainly never purchase anything s from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This store promised me a gift card with a purchase on Thanksgiving day but I never received, I was supposed to received the gift card inside the package but it was not. I called customer service to complain and they say they will send me a new one in three weeks, I wait all that long and still didn’t received. I call to complain again and they told me they will send a new one again in three weeks, it’s almost four weeks since I spoke with the second person and still didn’t receive it. It seems like they fooled me.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Ordered on 12/28, have spoken to 3 CS agents. The last time I spoke to someone was 1/14. My package has not arrived and there has been no update since the 10th. The agent is starting an investigation and the refund will take 10-14 business days to receive. Up to 3 weeks! I work for an online store and am able to open a claim and refund an order within the hour. I know $100 isn't a lot of money to them but this is terrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've placed an order 10 on December 22, the order was first showing as “received”, then “submitted” then it showed as “processed” meaning it is ready to ship. Then the next day I got an email saying the item I ordered is out of stock and they cancelled my order. Now 10 days later I see that amount on my card!!!! I called them asking why after 10 days it still is showing on my bank card??? The online customer service associate said that I need to provide him with the credit card information as well as the expiration date so that he can escalate the matter for the funds to be released back!! Why would I ever give him my card number when they have already charged me??

Then I asked for the supervisor. She came to the phone after a long wait, she said to give her the bank name and the phone number of the bank so that they can call my bank and ask them to release the funds! I asked why the previous associate asked for my card number and expiration date, she said they didn’t ask!! I mean it’s like this, before 2017 the online customer service representatives were Americans. There was never a problem whatsoever. Since 2017 Saks hired some third party overseas company and now representatives who answer are located in Philippines and all those countries. Which I don’t have a problem with, but in 2017 right after they have changed their customer service to overseas third party company, there was this big disaster when Saks Fifth Avenue customer’s entire information, addresses, bank cards, SSN etc were hacked. They called it an inside job.

Saying that they have caught whoever those people were. For some time I was unable to shop there as they warned all their customer of the problem. And now, them to hold my funds on the order that they had canceled 10 days ago, why?? When I called the online customer service, asking that they refund my money on the order they had canceled as it still 10 days later shows as charged, he asked that I provide him with my card numbers with expiration dates! I mean why?? Which when he transferred me to his supervisor she said they don’t ask such information. I love Saks Fifth Avenue. But, hiring third party company to handle online matters and payments in such way, the least to say unprofessional. I mean I don’t feel safe anymore.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My husband bought a bag for me in this store. I decided to exchange it and next day we went to the store thinking it is going to take us just a few minutes. We have spent almost two hours waiting to exchange it. The manager kept saying that “you didn’t do a transaction with this credit card” even though the bank provided her all details of the transaction. Finally they found and resolved it after almost two hours. But this is not the worst! When my husband left to find a receipt in the car, the retail associate Fidelia mocked and laughed at my husband with her colleague behind his back. She didn’t see me standing just right next to her.

When confronted her why she is being so rude and disrespectful she yelled at me in front of other customers! I called the headquarters to complain about. They assured me that it is not the way Fifth off Ave treat customers and they are going to resolve it. One month after, nothing changed. Fidelia is still working there with customers. I guess it is Fifth Off Ave store new policy to mock and humiliate customers. We will never shop there again! Keep in mind my story if you decide to go there again!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was not going to write this review, but now I have to because I waited for the Saks customer service to help resolve my matter, about placing an order for a product that was showing available and then it got canceled from Saks saying it was not available. I spoke to multiple customer care representatives who didn’t help me out, and then finally I spoke to one in the corporate office who promised to help me out but did not, and I also tried calling her and emailed her multiple times with no answer. I was promised a gift card that I still have not received. In conclusion an absolute disappointment, and a disregard to the consumer from a corporate like Saks Fifth Avenue. Didn’t expect this!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

So this is absolutely ridiculous. I place an order for an Armani suit. I get the email the following day that, "Your order has been cancelled". I called the customer service & they put a new order & charged my card again. So the suit comes 3 days later & guess what, it’s a different suit. So I give them a callback & they wanted to charge my card AGAIN. That is $3300 in total for an item worth $1100. And now on top of everything, I’ve deal with the hassle of return as well. Absolutely ridiculous experience. Substandard service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes on Nov 30th and had a two day delivery on the item. The package never arrived! I called and the agents and Supervisor were super rude! I have yet to receive a refund or the merchandise. I called FedEx and they flat out told me that the package was lost and that I needed to contact Saks. When I called Saks the agent told me that I had a 10-14 day investigation process that could not be expedited. Needless to say I’m furious! I told the representative that I couldn’t care less about their investigation especially since FedEx has already admitted to the package being lost! Why should I the consumer be punished for a mistake that happened with a Company that I didn’t choose to deliver my item!

The supervisor was condescending and did nothing to fix the problem! I waited to the 10 day mark and a different representative tried to tell me a different date that my order was escalated! When he was corrected by me he further read the notes and gave me the original date! He then told me that I needed to wait to Dec 27th before I can expect to hear anything back! That’s almost a full month of no refund and no shoes! From reading different reviews Saks treat its customers like dirt and I’m left with the worst taste in My mouth! I would love for a representative to contact me however, I’d prefer they all be retrained on customer service before they reach out. Maybe a higher official has more decency!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

After being a loyal customer for years, I had 3 pairs of shoes that I had returned to Saks because they did not fit, returned to me saying they were damaged. I had only tried them at home inside and put them back in the box immediately. The shoes had no damage that I could find. I contacted Saks disputing their claim and returned the shoes again. Wouldn’t you know they sent them back again and refused to give me a refund. Again, I tried these shoes on at home and immediately put them back in the box for return. Buyers beware. I will never buy from this poorly run company again and will tell anyone asking about them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I purchase Salvatore Ferragamo shoe on November 27, 2018 (Cyber Monday). After 9 days Saks canceled my ordered due to inventory. Same shoe was on other website for similar or little higher price but I choose to ordered on Saks. Now, I requested to offer me same discount so I can order different shoe but Saks did not. I am not happy with services Saks offered.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 10+ years (credit card and all). I ordered several items on Black Friday looking to take advantage of sales (I could have chosen sales at any store - would have been better off at Neiman). My box arrived 2 days later - it was open, no receipt and some metal contraption was inside that my 2 yr old son grabbed (thrilling...). 3 of the most expensive items (including a pair of sneakers - not small things!) were missing.

When I called to inform the company, certain they would just apologize and instantly send me my items, I was put on hold for over an hour (literally) and told they would open an investigation and it would take 10-14 business days. When I called later to ask for a status update the woman said there is no 10-14 business day update. I was not offered anything for the inconvenience of not getting my items on time (or maybe ever), missing out on Black Friday deals, them holding my $1K... and for the time spent with the very unfriendly and unhelpful customer service reps. Still have not received my items. I don't shop Saks and pay huge mark-ups for this type of service. They now risk alienating their few remaining customers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Please do not order or purchase anything from this store. I purchased over $1000 worth of merchandise back in October and have yet to receive the items or a credit. The items have been returned to the warehouse because they were undeliverable, which is a lie. I have called and messaged customer service at least 20 times and have spoken to managers who do absolutely nothing. Every time it’s, "You’ll receive the credit in the next few days," but nothing. I’m not sure what to do other than dispute the charge.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Glitches with orders and Saks doesn't take responsibility. It has happened to me 3 times already. I placed an order when they had a good deal (40%). Then, I received a confirmation email and all looked good. Then I wait a few days without any additional follow up emails that my item was shipped. At this point, I decided to call Saks just to hear that there was a glitch with their website and that the order was rejected and didn't get processed!!! AND WHY NOBODY NOTIFIED ME RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED??? Garbage Service!!! I then tell them to place the same item and they tell me that they don't have my size anymore!!! I WAS MADDDD. So, I tell them to give me the same sale for a different item as a replacement, but they said NO!!! SAKS Fifth Ave or SUKS Fifth Ave? Will never shop there again!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Terrible returning process, extremely rude sales. I purchased 700 dollar worth of perfume when they had a promotion, "get fifty dollar gift card when you spend more than five hundred." But the promotion was so close to Black Friday which they have a promotion for "get fifty dollar gift card when you spend a hundred and fifty." So I had a return for two of the bottles. Because there was a unused gift card involved, they have to call some gift card centre to void the card. It's not as easy as usual to do the return, but it shouldn't be that difficult either. My friend and I literally stood and waited at the reception for more than thirty minutes for the store manager to come.

In the meantime, the Chinese Sales was extremely impatient, rolled his eyes couple times, very unpleasant smile and tone. Unwilling to call the store manager. I ask him to led us upstairs to the manager, and the refund was finally being processed. He told us there is only one manager for this whole store and she is extremely busy, a lot of work can only be process by her. Excuse me? Does that even make sense? You are a three-floor luxury store. Was only one manager can handle return with gift cards? But anyway, I have no intentions to make a scene, and since you are explaining it nicely, I am happy to show understanding. And then the most ridiculous part came, when we left, he said "hope I never have to see you guys again." I doubt if he would still say that if I'm not Chinese.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

After 60 minutes conversation in the phone was not able to find my order and cannot return my money until they get the order back. The order is at their distribution center. I was taught to read all of the booths and they will give me a refund in 14 business days. The customer service center workers are rude and unprofessional. This includes 3 supervisors. He gave me a number that didn’t work. I am now out of my boots and my money. Don’t purchase anything from Saks. It a nightmare. I am truly disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I ordered boots online and returned the same day! I received the shoes back a week later with packaging tape stating the shoes were worn and not returnable. I contacted Saks. They told me to send the shoes back for a review. For a second time again shoes were returned to me! Someone in receiving office put packaging tape on soles on a brand new pair of Christian Louboutin boots! Customer service is horrible. Do not buy online or from Saks!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I walked into Saks Fifth Avenue Yesterday wanting to purchase a purse. I had on work out clothes and a cap on. I am an Editor for high-end merchandise in Miami. As soon as I walked in I was immediately targeted as someone suspicious for stealing. The staff at your department store were relentless and even went as far as to say not to touch the merchandise. I could not believe it. I have purchased so many purses from this store in the past. I was appalled and just decided to leave. PLEASE NOTE: Not everyone that enters your store in work out clothes is a thief. I will never shop at your store again. Shame on you! My email is **. Maybe someone from corporate can explain to me why this happened.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After 50 minutes conversation in the phone. Was not able to place an order. Very rude and unprofessional customer service including couple of supervisors.

Every person I spoke to told me I can make a decision on the company’s behalf!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased on 8/23/2018, a Valentino Rockstud Wallet, and a Gucci IPad Case, and a Gucci Queen Margaret black small wallet. I received 3 pairs of Gucci sunglasses! I called immediately, and was told how sorry they were and to send the Sunglasses back, which I did. I got them back in the mail stating this was not my original order, duh! That’s why I sent them back! I have sent them back twice now, I called today, waited for over 30 min, for a supervisor to take my call.

Again, another BS runaround call. They said they will contact the shipping dept, and get back to me next week, it’s now 10/11/2018. I am called Amex tomorrow and filing a police report against Saks Fifth Avenue, they are thieves! I will NEVER EVER purchase from them again. Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus are the only way to go, period. I hope this will help any future potential buyers.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

In April, 2018 I ordered a Tuxedo shirt for a wedding. The item was on sale for $183.0. When I received the shirt, I was shocked to see that Saks Fifth Avenue sent me a used shirt wrapped in, what appears to be, a dry cleaning clear plastic bag. The shirt had a soiled collar, missing a button and looked raggedy. I called customer service within the hour, but all they had to say; “… just return it to us and we will give you a 5% discount on your next purchase”. That was the quality of Saks’s customer service!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Using a 10% OFF Moon Deal code to purchase an eye cream from Saksfifth.com. Credit card company says the purchase has been approved by the bank but the merchant cancelled it later on their own. I called the 24/7 customer service phone line to re-order and yet again the order has been canceled by Saks the 2nd time. The bank reassure my card is normal and it is Saks canceled the request for payment on both occasion. I only remember the 24/7 customer service rep reluctant to verify my credit card information and shipping address. He wasn't rushing but seems to avoid telling me the reasons why Saks refused my order. My bank told me the $1200 pending charges will fall off the system within 4 business days. If Saks does not honor Moon Deal discount code, don't participate. Saks is wasting customer's time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased a store brand suit, priced at $799. A week later, I tried to put it on, but I had to remove the numerous tags on the sleeves and other places. While removing the tags on the left sleeve, the material was torn and I could see through to the liner underneath. It turns out the thread they used to attach the tags was a better quality than the material of the suit! So, I took it back to the outlet, in Aurora Ohio, but the store manager refused to return it, exchange it, or acknowledge responsibility. He was actually insulting and threatened to call the police. I will now show the suit and tell my story to everyone willing to listen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I bought a pair of G-Star jeans on sale, it turns out that they sent the wrong pair, knowing that the picture on the site wasn’t the jeans, this is by far the worse customer service, and advice you to go to the store instead of buying online.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I ordered a monogrammed toddler sweater and the spent uncountable phone calls and hours on hold trying to find out when it will be shipped. Asking for a manager/supervisor is a waste of time, as they do not help. They only read back what was previously recorded by the other associates. Saks does not know the meaning of Customer Service anymore. I worked for the company for 10 years many years ago, and this would never have been tolerated back then!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Look, I would love to be able to say, Welcome to Australia, Saks on 5th Avenue but the truth is you must avoid this merchant. I have tried 4 times to purchase shoes through their website, PayPal deducted the appropriate amount and each time the order failed to process. But the most frustrating thing is customer service. They replied to my first inquiry with a non-event, 'Sorry can't process order'... Ah, why, please? Even though their emails clearly state 'shipping to Australia' and shoes are 'in stock' etc. And, yes, I purchased goods online many times so I know what I’m doing. I tried again to make a purchase and this time not even a reply from customer service when the order 'failed' yet again. So now I have to wait another week for PayPal to return the money to my account. And BTW, PayPal hasn't replied to my inquiry either - are they no longer trustworthy?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I am so disappointed with SAKS customer service that I received. This company screwed me over a total of 4 times. 1. I ordered pink Ferragamo slides on the website for my vacation, they came in the mail and I was so excited, only to open the box and see they are white and gold rather than pink. 2. I call in to do a refund, no one tells me I can return it at the store, they send me authorization forms to send it out by mail. After doing this and phoning in, they tell me it takes 30 days to process a refund. 3. I place another order for pink slides, and days later it is cancelled telling me they've ran out of stock. 4. I phoned in and waited 40 minutes on hold, the supervisor offers me 20% off to reorder in black, I accepted the discount, and then I call in and find out they cancelled the discount.

The person on the phone tried to tell me it is because Ferragamo is a high end designer, this was the best part, since your website offers the colours Red and Blue for over 50% off at $105.00. At this point, I will never make another purchase at your company, I have been lied to and scammed by what I thought was a reputable company. I will return the black pair of Ferragamos at the store, and for future reference, you shouldn't promise people a discount if you can't follow through. I contacted them a total of 8 times, no one did a thing to rectify this situation. If I call in and I hold for 40 minutes to speak with a supervisor, your supervisor should have enough knowledge about your company to know that 20% off cannot be applied. It is WRONG. The service I got was absolutely disgusting and your company should be ashamed.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information