2.7/5 (163 ratings)

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

If I can give negative stars, I would. I ordered a jacket on 12/5 and I was notified it was delivered on 12/11. I didn't get the delivery and notified Saks right away on 12/13. The item was not in stock anymore so I wasn't able to get an a replacement. Instead, I was told that an investigation was started and that an refund will be issued 7-10 days after the investigation was complete in about 2 weeks. I forgot that it was going to take so long and called Saks again on 1 2/21 asking about the refund which they told me would be issued in 7-10 days. Come January, I still haven't received my refund. I called 1/18 and asked about and was told that my claim was denied and that I wouldn't be getting a refund for the jacket that they didn't deliver!!!

I'm so confused. This is supposed to be a luxury department store? What part about is luxury other than selling luxury goods??? They treat their customers like incompetent liars. Furthermore, all their customer service needs to do is file a claim with Fedex and they will get their money back (and return my money) but they are refusing to do this step. The recipient, can't make the claim without their authorization to do so it's extremely frustrating and very ridiculous. NO OTHER PLACE MAKES THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS DO THIS! You can also see from previous reviews that this is a pattern. Saks doesn't fulfil the shipment/delivery and instead steals customers money. BUY AND SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will now make sure no one around me ever shops at SAKS again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Absolutely horrific experience with what is supposed to be a "luxury" retailer. I ordered a top from them in December and upon receiving it realized they sent me the incorrect top (with the tags for the correct top). I called CS immediately and she was extremely apologetic and helpful and said to return the one I received and that the correct top would be sent out to me. A week later, I called back and was told the correct top wouldn't be sent out to me until I returned the one I received. I needed it ASAP so I just ordered another one and sent back the incorrect item.

It has been 3 weeks since I shipped it back and I have yet to receive a refund. The agents I spoke with kept telling me it was received and to allow 10 biz days for the refund to process. I checked in again a couple days ago and the live chat agents kept disconnecting so I sent an email to which I just received a response that Saks is now claiming the shirt I sent in was not from them and I will not be refunded. I will now be disputing this with my credit card company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Agents answer with names like Shamika, Tamika who place calls on mute and then disconnect customers. Most of them couldn’t understand basic questions. What a shameful way to run a prestigious business. Agents lie and say their computers are broken then hang up on you! Never ordering here again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I order shoes with a promo and they sent me wrong size. I want to exchange for the other my correct size. That's not an option. I offered to purchase the correct size with the 200$ and I was refused and told that not an option. But I'm like unsent me the wrong size. Blah blah. Jeannie very rude and doesn't want to help. I guess they will ultimately lose the $700 because lack of laziness in helping me. And secondly I tried ordering a wallet online and didn't offer gift wrapping or expedited shipping so I called and jeannie from tampa couldn't help.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I am very upset with my experience working with Sharon ** at Chanel. I bought a bag through her and it is only 3 months old and is fraying all over. A $4,000.00 bag should not be fraying only used a handful of times and only 3 months old. I reached out to Sharon and she is very dismissive towards me, rude, and pretty much said there’s nothing she can do to help me. She is all about making a sale and isn’t there for you when you need a repair. I will not work with her again or buy a bag from this Chanel again. As a client who spends a lot at Chanel I am very, very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I made a purchase on Black Friday and at the time of checkout I applied the promo code where I'm suppose to get a $75 gift card with my purchase. Unfortunately, I never received the gift card when my package came and so I called customer service twice and they basically said the code was never applied. I'm 100% sure I applied it because I saw it in the cart at the time of checkout and I purposely bought two pairs of pants because of the promo! Anyway, my point is even if there is a glitch in their system, I'm still suppose to be eligible for the promo and they should send one out...but I was denied. Twice on the phone, they said they messaged to higher up...never heard back. I decided to chat them online...they closed the box...SO RUDE. WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Do not order from Saks website. Just order from the designer website directly. Will lie about your order being in 'backroom" for pickup then cancel order last minute. Save yourself the burden and just go to the designer website. You will end up waiting a week for an order just for it to be canceled.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I bought a pair of shoes from Saks Fifth Avenue over a week ago. However, the seller never shipped my package. I asked customer service for a refund but they refused my request. Now I lost my money and did not get anything from this shop. This is the worst shopping experience ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I ordered a blouse online, returned it same day I received it. They received the return but didn't issue a refund. I contacted customer service with difficulty, they dropped calls. Finally, they promised to issue a refund on a certain date but they still hadn't. So they basically stole my money.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Ordered Amouage fragrance from website #saksfifthavenue using a 20% off promo. Upon unwrapping all the layers this is what was inside. For a nanosecond I thought I was like the boy in Willy Wonka who won the golden ticket. Then I realized that a very sophisticated theft had occurred, likely an inside job, and the coins were placed to approximate the weight of the perfume bottle. Customer service at Saks offered a refund, after keeping me on hold for close to an hour. However, they refused to honor the original discount should I buy the product again, which was now sold out anyway.

I have shopped at Saks for years and have purchased many fragrances from them. For a store with the reputation of Saks Fifth Avenue, I find their customer service sorely lacking. At work I'm on the "Patient Experience Committee". Perhaps Saks should pay more attention to their clientele if they want to retain them. Many other shopping options exist. Shame on you Saks!.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information