Saks Fifth Avenue

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I wish I can give them -1! Worst experience EVER!!! They constantly cancelling orders. No it even worst: they charge card, then they cancel order and then I have to run after them to get the money back which always include SAKS, BORDERFREE and my credit card company. Not once. First time I thought well it is a mistake, miscommunication, but second, third time! Stupid me. Never again. The funny thing is I am getting items with the promotional code, then SAKS telling me that promotional code is a glitch in the system and I have to repurchase items again, but as I paid already the sum with promotional code, that they hold, I have to only pay the difference. Nice! Never never again!!!

I placed an order on Apr 27, and received an email confirmed that my order received and being processed. But after that, I have not received anything. Waiting for a week, I chat them and was told because of their system error, my order just be omitted! Excuse me, so if I am not contacting you, you will not letting me know this cruel fact and keep me waiting forever?! And they told me the only thing I can do is placing a new order now. I said OK, but my size is sold out now!! And what they reply is that, "I am sincerely apologise for your convenience. And can I further assist you?" My answer is NO! WILL NEVER COME BACK TO SAKS EVEN!!

I reopened my Saks account last Friday with the idea of availing of their double reward points event that began yesterday. Since I planned to make a major purchase of $2000, this was a tempting prospect. I got approved right away by Capital One bank who is their card issuer. But when tried to use the card for a purchase online I found my account was 'locked'! Perplexed, I proceeded to call and find out what was wrong. After 3 phone calls with various reps and more than a couple of hours later I still didn't have an answer. In conclusion I was told that this was due to some Saks 'internal' procedure and had nothing to do with the bank. I was assured that I will get a call back with an explanation within 72 hours which have already passed but no one has called me so far.

The double points event lasts only 3 days and I was getting anxious so I called them again; after a 20 minute of being on hold and another 15 minutes of talking to a rep I still got no answers; all she could tell me that someone will from their security department will call me within 3 days... By that time of course the bonus point event will have ended. I have actually had better experience with Walmart who is pretty lousy as far as customer service goes. By now I am very upset and disgusted not just about not getting the double points but even more over having wasted so much time chasing this stupid matter. This so called prestigious store ought to be ashamed of itself.

Got items purchased with a total of more than $250. Got a gift card with the purchase with an expiration of 4/30/2017. Tried to purchase some items today and it has been voided. The "management" explained that during the time that I ordered, I have reported an item that has not been sent to me so they have deducted the amount of the item from my total purchase without telling so they have to void my gift card. Now, what is so hard to replace the item that I originally purchased which got lost in the mail perhaps or have them inform me of the changes?? I did not use the card right away because my daughter put it somewhere. Saks Fifth is a BIG SAKS SCAM. Closed my account right then and there. I want my money back!!

I work in customer service and if I ever treated a client the way I was treated I would be fired. I ordered online - 5 items - the sale was too good to pass up. The item was supposed to arrive on April 13th. I received the confirmation on the 10th my order was shipped. Nothing came and my order couldn't be tracked and the system couldn't locate my item. I called customer service which was a nightmare. They were able to locate my unshipped item which I then requested to cancel. He told me I am not allowed and the store will ship it and I will get it "someday, but not sure what day". The item was a gift which arrived late and once finally received I headed to the closest store to return. The experience got worse. I always I feel like I am inconveniencing someone when I have to do a return. I apologized and explained what happened.

First she questioned the return label and receipt sent by Saks. It's what came in the box and had no barcode. My order again could not be located. I felt the need to show her my confirmation of my purchase and pulled up the email. She only responded with "I need your credit card." Ok fine. I handed it over. I asked if others have complaints about the online service and she responded with "I don't know" while placing my 5 items to the back counter. The manager is rolling her eyes and says to another worker "WTF". I was returning home decor items. I shop online often and very few times I've ever had to return items - this time it was only because it didn't arrive in time. This is hands down the worst online and in store experience. Be prepared for long call waits, frustrating conversation over the phone or in the store. An apology for the inconvenience goes a long way. I didn't even get that or a "Have a nice day." Terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

My son ordered a pair of Diesel shoes for his prom. The first order was canceled because his billing address did not match the bank's information. I totally understood this. We talked to our bank and had them correct the information as we had recently moved and they did not apply the changes to my son's bank card. We replaced the order which was about $60 cheaper. This was great, or so we thought until that order got canceled as well.

When I called about the 2nd order being canceled, I was told by a gentleman who was taking the call in another country, that the order was canceled in error and he would place the order again. Only this time it would be $45 more than my order that they canceled. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I did not feel that was fair. He informed me that a supervisor would call me back in one hour... that never happened.

I called again the next day and spoke to a gentleman who told me that he could only get the shoe down to about $10 more than we paid... I still felt this was unfair because the mix-up was not our fault this time. He connected me to a supervisor who was as rude as she could be and then when I asked to be returned to the gentleman to place the order and just eat the $10 she hung up on me because I said I would never order from them again... she hung up after she told me that was my prerogative.

As expensive as this store is and as expensive as these shoes are, I expected better. In this case I did not get what I paid for. I called again and after being on hold for another 20 minutes, I was able to place the order and was told we would get the shoes tomorrow... I'm wondering if we will get the shoes or another canceled order.

I bought a very expensive Burberry coat from Saks and it was supposed to take 1-3 business days, it took 12. But that's not why I decided to write a review here. Imagine my surprise when a $2000 coat from a supposedly luxury brand came in a flimsy carton box, no inside packaging, no bubble wrap, no garment bag, just basically thrown in there, like it was cheap piece of clothing. I had $80 pants from Zara arrive more carefully packaged then Burberry coat from Saks.

I ended up getting a credit card with them. My first purchase was a top on their website and had it shipped. The wrong top came. I had to return. I ordered the same one again thinking it surely wouldn't happen twice, yet again the wrong top came. I finally just kept the one they kept sending me because I was so tired of dealing with it.

Just recently I place two separate orders and two different times, and both orders never made it to my place. Both orders arrive in my city but they were sent back to Saks Distribution Center saying my address was incorrect and it wasn't. I have made two phone calls to Saks and they keep saying they are going to check on it and nothing happens. I called Federal Express and they told me it's not their fault, they delivered it to my local post office and it's the post office that didn't deliver it. I called my local post office and I was on hold for over 50 minutes, and finally hung up. I emailed Saks and just said, "I am so tired of hassling with it, just give me my money back."

I have no idea why I didn't get the packages, all my mail gets delivered just fine as well as other packages. It's only Saks. Their delivery system is the worst. They send it out Federal Express but then it goes to the local post office. Why even do that? Just send it directly or send it UPS. What a waste of time and hassle, not only that their packaging is horrible -- It just comes in a cardboard box, no nice wrapping or anything. I know their business is not doing good and they are closing stores. If they would get someone in there and change their customer service around by modeling after Nordstrom, they would do better. I'm never going to order anything from them again. They also don't even bother sending me a gift card for all the hassle. You get nothing except broken promises.

I had returned a defective zipper Prada wallet through UPS (so I can track) which was received and signed by Saks warehouse employee on Mar 2nd, 2017. Since then I've been back and forth trying to get my $615.00 back to my Amex. After promises of getting back to me which no one did. I was told today that they have no record of my return. It's unreal I feel Saks' standards of customer service are getting worst day by day. Not sure if I will ever see my money back. They have my product and they have my money.

I ordered several items on the Saks website a few months ago and received an item I didn't order, but an item I did order was omitted. However, the packing slip incorrectly said the item I ordered was in the box. I sent the incorrect item back, but it took 3-4 phone calls and at least an hour on the phone (and many weeks) before I was refunded for the item I never got. Now, this month, I ordered three items. Of the three, one was the incorrect item and one, a jacket, had no tags on it. I tried on the jacket in my bedroom and thought it was ugly (didn't look as it had online) and it didn't fit. I put it back in the box immediately and sent it back several days later. Now they are telling me that it had no tags and is damaged and insist that I wore it and must pay for it. I did not wear it. I've never done anything like that in my life and am insulted by the accusation. This was 100% their error and now they are making me pay. In my opinion, that is a total scam.

I have been ordering from Saksoff5th for several months and didn't have a major problem with them so far. I had shopped during two of their Family & Friends events to earn a gift card. Both times I never received the gift card, even after placing several calls, I just was told, they had sent it via email, but I never received it. I finally was sent one promo code but over the wrong amount.

But my major problem started while I was on the phone with the customer service to inquire about the second missing gift card. I tried to sign in into my online account to verify the order number and must have made a typo. All of a sudden my account was locked. The representative was unable to solve my problem and told me they would look into it, with no result of course.

Over the last two weeks I have placed several calls to ask customer service to unlock my account. I also sent an email to customer service to ask for help (with no response from them). During my phone conversations with customer service with various representatives, I was sent temporary passwords, that didn't work, was told they would fix it within the next 30 minutes (never happened), was told that they had a technical problem and would fix it and call me back (never happened either).

Today I asked them to delete my account so I could create a new one. I was told that they deleted the account but that I would have to create a new account with a different email-address. Really?! This is my email address and I want to use it, not create a new email address. They locked my account without any explanation, and clearly have no expertise on how to resolve the problem. This is the most unprofessional customer service I have ever experienced. Saksoff5th just lost a customer!

Regarding online purchases: I paid an extra $15 to have my order shipped overnight to me to have in time for a wedding. They shipped my order 3 DAYS LATER! Why pay for extra shipping when they don't ship on time?? Anyway, the items didn't arrive in time for the wedding so I shipped them back. It had been almost 20 days and they still didn't give me a refund or email me that they received my return. I had to contact customer service several times and was told a different story each time. The last time I was told that it was shipped to their distribution center and then they sent it somewhere else for the return to be processed. So I'm out $400 for over a month due to their long process. Every other company that I order from online refunds me for my return within 7 days. I will never order from Saks online again. Terrible Customer Service!

After bringing home a dress I purchased less than a month ago for an event I have in May, I realized it was a bit big. After ordering the dress in a smaller size I decided then to return it. During the return process Danielle denied the return, stating that it was "worn". I responded saying it wasn't worn and that I only tried it on. She in turn said there were stains under the arm area... "sweat" marks. My immediate response after she showed it to me was "I did not see anything". She persisted, saying she could not take the returned dress and put it back on the floor. I explained the "mark" might have been from previous customers trying it on at the store. She continued in a harsh, argumentative and confrontational tone, barely if at all, making eye contact.

I have worked in retail for the past 5 years and have never heard anyone speak to a customer the way she spoke to me. Yesterday morning I took the dress to your downtown location and they graciously accepted the return. In fact, they offered to help me find another dress for the event I will be attending. This was a complete 360 from what I went through uptown. It was, in fact, the appropriate experience; one that would bring me back into the store. I do hope in the end not a single one of your customers has to experience the humiliation and sheer embarrassment I did. And no one appreciates and understands the in-store experience and the value of the customer relationship better than me.

I purchased several items at Saks off 5th and all were charged to my Saks card. I also used a $100.00 gift card against the amount. I returned one item the following day and another 2 weeks later. Assuming they went directly back on Saks card I was surprised to see all charges on my monthly statement with no returns. I made numerous, long distance phone calls over a SIX DAY period, being put on hold for extended periods of time, customer service reps promising to call the store and call me back and none did. I took employee numbers and two of them were false.

After speaking with the store via a customer service rep, who also hung up during the call, I was informed that one return was put on the gift card, that was disposed of as it was spent and the other one went on my bank Visa. Why would the returns not be put directly on my Saks card as this is the original method of payment? I have incurred all the costs for long distance on my cell phone as I am in the U.S. Not to mention, the time, frustration and stress this has caused. No one has an answer, no one takes responsibility and no one is interested in customer satisfaction or a happy customer. There are numerous retailers such as Neiman, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom and Holts (in Canada) so goodbye Saks!!!

This is the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I ordered two bags from Saks. One is Prada which I preordered. It says they won't charge me until around April when they have the bag. I got first bag and I didn't really like it. I asked for return. Then oddly I saw my credit card got charged on Prada bag and I received instead of a bag, a party dress. So I called the customer service and asked for returning both items. I specifically asked they need to refund the amount of Prada bag they charged me instead of the party dress.

It has been over a month and I didn't receive any refund, I called again today and explained my situation. The people at customer service had no clue where those two items are and when I asked them to look again because thank God I took the pics of two waybills, they hung up on me! It is very frustrating with the overall service and I don't even know when I will get my money back on those items. One thing I am certain is I will never order from Saks website again. Why bother really, I can just go to the brand stores for better experience. And most of all they won't keep my refund money if I happen to return the item.

I never write reviews but this has been an absolute horror show. First of all Saks is supposed to stand for a brand of quality yet their service center does not have English speaking employees. Because of the choppy English it is hard to understand their call center staff. I have a problem with my Saks Off Fifth bag online. I have called several times to have it fixed and have been on the phone for 2 hours with the service center!!! It is unbelievable how they don't even understand what you are saying let alone fix the problem. I want to spend money for goodness sake. The service center employees tell you it will be fixed once they finally understand yet it has been 5 days and now I cannot even sign into my account. Seriously thinking of not shopping here anymore and I spend a good amount of money at Saks. I am so disgusted and fed up with this poor customer service. It is unbelievable.

I bought 4 shirts for Christmas from Saks. I ordered a XL, the sizes were too small. I am not obese I like a loose fit shirt. The shirts were so small I could not button it up. I called to exchange them for a larger size. I was informed the shirts are no longer in stock, and I could not exchange them. I request a refund. I was told no problem, I will receive a return label. (10) days went by I have not received an email with a return label.

I called the store, I explain my problem, I was told it has been more than (30) days, that was nothing they could do. I told the representative I originally called 20 days after I received my order, I immediately requested to speak with a supervisor. I was placed on hold for 22 minutes. I am stuck with four shirts I cannot wear. This company is ridiculous, I would not recommend this company or do business with this company again.

I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years, but that has changed! Who is in charge now? What happened to the upscale department store and customer service we all knew and loved? I returned a package December 4, 2016, I tracked my return and it was delivered and received December 8, 2016. All the phone calls to customer service were absolutely NO HELP, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Told me to wait 7-10 business days and call back. So I did. NO HELP! Customer service simply told me to call back, give it 7-10 business days. So I did once again.

It is now January 13, 2017 and I'm still waiting on a confirmation e-mail and a credit on my VISA for an item returned December 4, 2016 and reached Saks December 8, 2016. My returned item has been delivered and sitting at Saks warehouse for 6 weeks waiting "to be checked in". Saks never was like this. The customer ALWAYS came first in the past. It's a shame. A side note, I returned packages to Canada, Neiman Marcus, Spain, and Italy all the same day as the Saks package and ALL were credited back to my VISA with 7 days.

Place an order 11/22 for Christmas and called 12/17 to be told the order wasn't filled and lost. Placed a new order on the phone to be overcharged $250 and still waiting on my refund as I am now paying finance charges for their mess up. Customer service wait times are incredibly long for a large company and all the reps have nothing but the same card read responses. They told me they need more time and my request is being processed by a higher dept. for 20 days now. I asked to speak with the higher dept. and I was told they are too busy to talk to me. First and last time I will do business with them.

Horrible shopping experience. The front end tries its level best to assist the customer, but the back end is all messed up. I ended up paying for overnight shipping for the messed up back end... they either don't have the product available that they show as available online or it is just a way to attract customers by advertising a promo and actually not offering it. And it needed more emails to reverse the shipping charge that was levied for the delay in shipping on part of Saks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The lady from the store helped me on this matter and mailed me the right shoes within two days. I requested to cancelled my original review but the website won't allow me to do so. I would like to give Martina from Richmond store five stars. Thanks for your professional services.

JIE of Houston, TX on

Original Review

12/26/2016 I placed an order on Saks.com for a shoes which is on promotion. 12/30/2016 I called the customer service to check the status and the agent sounds like something wrong and transferred me to the Richmond, VA store and told me he will cancel my order. I had no doubt why he did that at that time until I received the wrong shoes. I remember the agent told me the information the customer service gave to him was wrong after I realized the agent charged my credit card twice as much as my original order and then after I told him this can't be right, the agent told me he fixed it without letting me provide the item number even if I told him I can confirm the item number.

1/4/2017 I received the shoes and found out that it is wrong shoes. I called the customer service and asked why the shoes is wrong and the lady claimed that I already requested cancel the order and she has no idea what's going on. When I put all the details together, I realized that this is just a show. Put un-real products information online, direct customer to store and cancel the order, the customer service and store agent play a good show together in front of the customer and then send its customer alternative products. I know Saks doesn't care after speaking with these agents, but I have to speak out.

Their customer service is AWFUL. If you are shopping online, especially as an international customer, I would highly recommend NOT buying anything from Saks online, and instead purchasing directly from the retailer's website. My experience: I'm not a big fan of online shopping but I decided to order some items from Saks online for the first time. I waited about a month, and nothing arrived, and there was no shipping information. I then emailed them regarding this order, and my email was ignored. Then the following week I got an email saying that my order was cancelled. I needed these items in a few days so I asked them if they would guarantee to get me these items by the end of the week if I reordered. Again, they ignored my email. After sending them many emails, they finally responded, said that they have issues with international shipping, and only offered me 10% off my next purchase.

Instead, I ordered my items directly from Jimmy Choo, got excellent customer service, and items arrived in a couple days after I placed my order. I got a better price from them as well. I've also ordered items online from Gucci and got excellent customer service, as well as having my order arrive in a timely manner. I strongly advise you to never shop at Saks online, and purchase directly from the retailer if you actually want to receive your items, and if you want to avoid dreadful customer service.

The worst online shopping experience ever! Placed orders twice for the same item and each time got a confirmation email with order number and then nothing. No item, no email advising of problems, NOTHING. When I called customer service they claimed there was a problem with the website. Then they said it was a problem with payment (although my credit card was charged twice). AWFUL. Avoid Saks Off Fifth website at all costs. Terrible.

I had 2 negative experiences with Saks as of recent. The first time they charged my bank then notified me that the product I purchased was canceled on their end. It took 5 days for them to reverse that charge. The 2nd time I canceled the order under a 20 minute window they give customers. However, they still charged me for the full amount and now I need to wait 5 days for them to reverse it. Today I spoke with Saks representative TOM ** and when asked if this was ethical to charge customers prior to completion of order he said it was common practice for them to do so in order to validate payment. They need to update their payment practice as other companies only charge $1 to validate.

Placed an order online and wait forever not to get any confirmation email. I called in and talked to one phone representative... he said he wasn't able to locate my order via the phone number or the name provided. So I started questioning him that if the order was never submitted, then how come my credit card got charged. He kept saying maybe the email address I put down was wrong but as long as I ordered the item with the right shipping address. How funny is that?! So I'm not supposed to be getting a confirmation email knowing that I got charged? I shopped at Neiman Marcus and at several other Saks competitor stores and I'm sure i won't come back to Saks ever again.

Ordered a couple of scarves for a gift on 4/Dec, waited for a couple of weeks, nothing arrives. So went to shop site to track the order. It now shows CANCELLED. WTF what is happening here, never be told or noticed by email whatsoever. The worst online shopping experience ever have. BTW, a lot of junk commercial emails since then even didn't subscribe to it email. Advice to avoid shopping with this site.

I used a promotion. The item didn't work. I returned the item and wanted to use the promotion on another item (the promotion period was not expired yet). They refused! Unbelievable. If this happened at Nordstrom (the best store and customer service ever!), they would have gladly permitted this. Saks better watch out. I predict that Nordstrom will be putting them out of business in the next 2 years.

My girlfriend bought me 2 pair of fancy shoes on November 24th to give me as bday gift... The shoes were never delivered, although Saks says they left in front of my building (who left fancy shoes in front of a building?)... There are security cams in my building and I checked it. They weren't stole and there was no registers in the time they said that the shoes were delivered. I spoke to Saks 6 times by chat and they guaranteed me that the shoes will be find, otherwise they will send me new ones and honor the price I paid for them (I have the chat saved). After almost 15 days, they asked me to call their investigation number. My girlfriend called and nobody picked up the line (we left a message in the mailbox, yes customer service with a mailbox).

After it, I went to the chat again and a Saks associate was really rude, saying that I am not allowed to do any shopping at saks.com again and that she can't guarantee that Saks will honor the prices... I sent her the chat proving that another associate guaranteed me that Saks will honor and she said, "I apologize, but we can't guarantee anything," and in 10 business days someone will send me an apologize letter (I don't wanna any apologize, I wanna my problem solved). It is the most unrespectful service I've ever received after almost 20 days just asking just my shoes... I also said that I can go to the store to pick up them, but she said I need to pay regular prices.

I made a purchase with Saks.com for a limited edition pre-order in September 9/2/16. It said when it would ship. The time came and it did not ship. I called and spoke to someone and they said "It will ship. It is a back order now. You just have to wait." A week later it did not ship but the same items I ordered were back up on the site for Pre-Order again and my order is still a Back order. I called customer service and they told me "you don't have to cancel your order because when the merchandise comes in it will be that you receive your order first. We are taking Pre-Orders again because we will be getting in a lot more stock." 2 1/2 months later called, sent emails and no one knows anything except the order will be fulfilled. I have to wait for the stock to come in and they automatically ship it out.

Well three months later I call and they told me that they still don't have any stock for the items I ordered and I asked please check and see if they show any coming in soon. They said "no but when it does you don't have to worry. It will mail out." A few days later I am browsing the site on Saks.com and I see they are selling the merchandise that I was told they I ordered and Saks never mailed it to me because they were waiting for it to restock yet it is on their site clear as day and it is not a pre-order or back order!!! I call and they said they did not know what happened but it was suppose to be mailed out automatically to me first but it didn't. Sorry. Are you kidding me?

This is the WORST STORE IN THE WORLD!!! This is not my first bad experience with Saks.com it is at least the 3rd bad experience it always and consistently bad it just gets worst and worst! I shop everywhere in Selfridges in London. I will shop at Bergdorf, Neiman, Macy's, Bloomingdale, Lord and Taylor & Walmart. All different stores also Outlet stores. I love to shop but my experience with Saks.com is never enjoyable. It is always and consistently a nightmare. THE WORST SHOPPING EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE.

I recently ordered from off fifth Saks Fifth Avenue. I bought two pairs of jeans. I went to the store in Jersey Gardens to return one pair of jeans. I was refused the return. It took over two months to get the item returned online. Corporate office was awful as well. They promised to return phone calls I had to contact them several times before I got return phone calls. They promised confirmation emails that I would get my funds returned to my credit card and no confirmation letter was given. They're a bunch of liars, terrible customer service and very rude. A person in particular that I spoke to at the corporate level was Kayla **.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Profile