1.01/5
Based on 71 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Saks Fifth Avenue

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

262 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I recently purchased a wallet with a chain and link attached to it and I'd expect a $200 wallet to be able to maintain itself. However first the link mechanism broke followed by the chain itself a couple of weeks after; all with mild day to day use in a couple of months of ownership. Very disappointment craftsmanship.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I saw a coat that I ordered online and the description said "dark brown." When I received the first coat the manufacturer tag clearly said black with the Saks tag calling it dark brown. It was black. I reordered. Once again via customer service (imagine that) and again a black coat arrived!!! I called a store and had them check to see which store actually had a brown coat in stock as I wanted them to put "eyes" on the coat to verify it was indeed brown before paying again for another coat.

I explained my situation and they refused to waive shipping a 15.00 fee even when speaking to the manager in NH. Just for giggles I went back to the website where they were again offering a dark brown coat and now a Burgundy coat so I ordered both as I was fascinated to see what would actually show up for a 4th time & I would like to have it in burgundy as well but I must say I did get the local store that " eyeballed" the dark brown but seriously 4 tries to get what I wanted. I expect more from Saks... Just call it black and list it correctly and for that fact cant your pickers look at the packing slip versus what is being shipped for accuracy! There is a reason why we shop at Saks. Should I just shop at Walmart???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I made an online purchase at the beginning of December 2017 and the items did not fit so I returned them immediately. Instead of receiving a credit to my original form of payment I was sent a gift card, so I immediately called Saks Customer Service (12/18/2017) to have the gift card nullified and have my original form of payment credited and I was told that it would take 7-10 days for the credit to appear. On 1/2/2018 I called back because I had not received the credit and was again told that it would be credited in 3-5 days. On 1/8 I called again and was told it would take another 1-2 days. On 1/16 I phoned again and was told that the supervisor was going to manually release the funds and I should see the credit within 24 hours.

I phoned again on 1/17 and was told that there was a backlog of orders to review and that I will receive a 15% credit and I should check in a week... I also was told that in order to speak to a supervisor that I would have to wait over 10 minutes. On 1/23 I called back because I still had not received the credit and was told that my case was closed because they didn't have the gift card number. The representative asked me to email her the number and that it would take 5 days to resolve.

On 2/2 I called and demanded to speak to a supervisor. After waiting 25 minutes I spoke with a supervisor who asked for my credit card number and told me that she would take care of the issue and email me progress updates by the end of the day. She never emailed me but the following week I received the credit. This is the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service experience that I have ever had. Saks needs to take a few lessons from Nieman's and Nordstrom regarding how to treat their customers...I won't be shopping at Saks any longer.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I spent $786.60 dollars on some RED Versace Loafers on Saks.com, as a gift for someone else. They sent me BLUE ones. When I called to tell them of their mistake they advised that in order to get the right color I would have to pay for another pair, and they would treat the original order as a return. They told me a return could take up to two weeks to process before I was refunded my 786.60. Mind you THEY made a mistake. They sent my call to a digital supervisor who told me she would expedite the return.

It has now been 13 days since I returned the shoes and STILL have not received a refund. I have emailed the digital supervisor who I initially talked to and she promised once again I would get my money at the end of last week. When I emailed her today no response. I have NEVER had such a problem ordering online, and this is Saks so I expected so much more as far as customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Buy at your own peril and be prepared for the worst shopping experience ever. Aside from waiting weeks for my order to be delivered and even running the risk of having my items canceled with absolutely no warning - you just may end up receiving used merchandise. Received a bag that was obviously used and returned from these guys. Refunds may never happen and I am in the process of filing my payment as a fraudulent charge. Very frustrating company to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

This company only care for your money. They will take your money and cancel your order and make you wait for 2 to 3 days before you receive your money. The worse part of it all is that, They knew that they don't have that item in stock and don't even care to remove it from the site. And as soon as you place an order on that item, they will send you a confirmation Email that your order have been approved, then they will take your money, the next day, you will receive an Email that your order have been canceled. When you ask for your money, they will you to wait for 24 to 48 hours. Well it took them 2 minutes to take your money from your account and 24 to 48 hours to get your money back. Try talking to the customer service about the issue and they are so rude and very impatience.

This is 6 times now and all they can say to me is sorry and when I ask them how are they gonna fix this from happening again, all they keep saying is wait for 24 to 48 hours. They have send me wrong sizes on some many of my orders and when I called, they told me to send it back and have to wait for 10 to 15 business days before I can have my fund. I try to tell them that I will want an exchange but they refused me. I placed an order on December 17th for Christmas gift and on my order confirmation Email, it stated that my order will be delivered on Friday December 22nd, but on 23rd I called and was told that the orders have not been shipped yet, I told the lady on the phone that those orders are Christmas gifts and I will like to have them by 24th, she told me that they will expedite it so that I can get it in 2 days.

All was in vain, Only to receive them on January 4th. What bothers me a lot is that they act like they don't care. I've been a customer with this ungrateful and haggard company for 6 years now. They don't even ask their customer on what to do to fix a problem they create. God I wish we customers we join hands together and stop all these inconveniencing from this people. Anyone with any question about this review please Email me. These are some of the order numbers ** even my wife too. The list are long but work with this.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased two pair of pants on the SAME DAY. I and my son tried to return them within a week with all the tags and labels still attached. The Manager Mark issued return for one pair, and took BOTH pairs of pants from my son and claimed the other pair were already returned and he cannot issue a return credit. I had to go to the store and ask to find Mark and explain that I paid for two pairs. Mark took the pants, I paid for from my son, and only issued credit for one pair. Mark also gave my son his card to tell me who took my pants from him!

This is logically equivalent to theft. Claiming my son was trying to return a pair of pants that were already returned is an insult. Mark took the possession of two pairs and only issued credit for one. This is theft from customer. Upon searching their system Mark was finally able to find the transaction and finally after an hour Mark issued a return credit. If Saks prosecutes shoplifters for walking out of the store, I wonder what is their policy for Mark the Manager who takes two pairs of pants and issues credit for only one pair?

Resolution response: Jan. 9, 2018

On January 4, my money was finally returned to me. It took them 5 months and all my phone calls for it to be resolved. If the Saks company sees this, it was the last agent I spoke to on January 4th who took action. No one else saw the need to do anything about this. People like this are motivated and professional. I appreciate her and we need more people like this on the other end of the phone call. She earns 5 stars. But Saks overall continues to get 1 star. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I returned 2 items purchased online totaling $309.11. The warehouse received these items August 10, 2017 as described to me by an agent on the phone from Saks. But they have no idea why credit services will not process my return to my Saks Card. They are clueless and I cannot get my money back. Too bad customers have faith in high end stores like Saks and probably will not read the reviews posted here until something happens to them. Spread the word.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have tried to order the same item 5 times, each time the order has been cancelled. I have called customer service each time, they informed me there was no problem with the credit card. I then called the billing office (2 hours on hold and dropped calls). They said there was a hold on the credit card and would look into it, never happened. I started the entire process and tried again. Was told that there is a problem (what?). Since I have been a customer for more than 30 years and have never missed a payment I have no idea what the issue is and apparently neither does the company. They have the worst customer service, no wonder they are in financial trouble.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I normally do not take the time to make reviews like this, but as a consumer who does a lot of online shopping, I will say Saks Fifth Avenue is by far the worst when it comes to customer service. I would recommend you go to any competitor store if they have the item you need (Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Zappos, Neiman Marcus) as their customer service far surpasses Saks Fifth Avenue.

I ordered a Splendid sweater on 12/2/2017. I called a total of 5x regarding my order. I did not receive an email confirmation until I got a response from my complaint which I received on 12/29/2017. I spent 30 plus minutes each call, and was never allowed to speak to a supervisor during that call. I explained it was a Christmas present and they confirmed that the item was shipped, and "in transit". I called again after not receiving item and explained that most high end stores would remedy this by making it right and shipping out overnight, as the error occurred between Saks and FedEx. The refused to do this, and refused to immediately refund my card, stating they would be implementing a 10-14 day investigation into the matter. Customer Services was rude and not helpful. Response times to emails was unacceptable, as were their answers.

I still have not received a refund or the sweater and Saks put the customer in the middle of an error that occurred between Saks Fifth Avenue and FedEx. I will be ordering the sweater through Nordstrom, as they have phenomenal customer service and would take responsibility for their error. Saks Fifth Avenue has an obligation to take responsibility when the error occurred on their end. I will not be shopping at Saks, as they have done nothing to remedy the situation and do not care about the customer. Instead they make you wait forever and argue, with no remedy that is acceptable. My advice is take your business to the more reputable stores that will provided superior customer service when they have made a mistake. The onus is not on the customer, but on Saks Fifth Avenue, and they have failed.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. To begin with I bought a pair of super expensive denim jeans in Las Vegas. I was going through some bad times and saw these jeans. I just felt like buying them. Anyhow I had buyers remorse and I decided to return them 2 days late. Well I go to the store in Scottsdale and they would not return them. I even talked to the Manager. Nope cannot return. The manager said there was darker lines in certain areas. I told the idiot that is the way they make designer jeans. Of course that store did not sell those jeans so I could not show him on another pair that is the way they are made. I believe it is called whiskering. I also had all tags on and receipt. I was so upset I started crying though I did not cry in front of them but I did cry in front of my hubby. Never ever would I buy anything from their store again. Will never ever walk in their store again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I ordered a pair of Ugg slippers on November 14, 2017. It's now 12/29/17 and I still do not have the Uggs! I plan ahead and order early so that this never happens to me and what does Saks do? My attempts at emailing them were futile. It took the company forever to reply to just one email in which they were extremely cocky and not helpful in the least bit. My item has been sitting in Nashville TN since 11/16/17 according to tracking. Customer service via Saks was rude and not willing in any way to compensate me or even RETURN MY OWN MONEY that they've had since 11/14/17, yet I still have not received the product that I paid for. Stay away from Saks. This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm sticking with Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. Impeccable service, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm also reporting Saks to the BBB. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

So disappointed in the service I’ve received from Saks. I WILL NOT be shopping with this company again. I ordered something from Saks on the December 25, 2017. 2 days later, I received an email saying that my order was cancelled. I called the customer service team and spoke with Marketa. She stated they cancelled it because they could not verify my identity. She also stated someone tried to call and verify. Not true!!! No one called! I then called my bank and they verified Saks had in fact charged my account $236.01. I’ve spent 3 hours and 6 calls trying to get a refund for an order that Saks canceled? I’ve decided to report this issue to my bank as a FRAUDULENT charge. This is the 4th time I’ve experienced this issue with Saks. I encourage anyone who has experienced this type of nonsense to call your bank or credit card company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

It’s been a horrible and highly disappointing experience shopping with Saks Fifth Avenue. I have placed four orders over the period of last month and every time something has gone up. I have never seen worse customer service in my life before this company. The representative or supervisor whoever you talk to just hangs up the phone when you ask them for a tough question or some kind of confirmation. The representatives keep on lying and wasting time for no reason. I feel cheated and disrespected personally as the people on other side of line feel that our time is not valuable.

I have been in phone for hours with call centre and no results. I have been promised 20% and refunds that I should have gone a long time ago but nothing happen. Every time I call the person I am talking to points the finger at the other person. I have decided to escalate this to consumer court and let everyone I come across know to never shop at Saks Fifth ever because of the experience I have had.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a Coach skinny continental wallet, and on the site it shows the interior of the wallet to be a bright neon pink colour, however the one I received the interior of the wallet was black! Quite disappointed as I was so excited to receive the wallet! Initially it was out of stock but once it's back in stock again I immediately placed my order! Ended up the product I got was not the one shown on the website. I thought Saks was known to be a reputable retailer who is known for luxury goods??? And you can clearly see that the size of the clasp are different?! It's obviously two different wallets?!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

When my online order arrived, the packaging was damaged and an item was missing. I called their Customer Service. 'We're here to help' the website states. No they're not! I was on hold for nearly 90 minutes. (Other reviewers have had the same problem). When someone eventually picked up my call, all they could do was to initiate an 'investigation'. I was told I'd hear back in 3 to 5 days. Needless to say I didn't. So now I'm out 80 bucks and down one Christmas gift. Can't wait to hear some more of their elevator hold music!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This company almost drove me to a mental meltdown, I tried to place my order 10 times, finally I used a different card and got the transaction placed. I thought my worries were over, HA! They had just begun. I was charged 3 times so my account was on overdraft, I received the 1 package and it was a used Movado that was thrown in a Saks Fifth Ave. box. This is not my 1st Movado, I know how they're supposed to be packaged, when I demanded to get a refund they kept telling me it will take close to a week. How can I possibly wait when it's the holidays and you guys have put me in the rears with all the charges, they had no empathy at all. I will never make a purchase from Saks and I will warn everyone I can using social media/word of mouth. However I cannot to make any purchases from these heartless thieves ever again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Horrible online experience, ordered Christmas present, receive order confirmation, logged back in to see ship status which was posted as 3 days later then 3 days later received email stating they could not fulfill. Now I cannot find on other sites where it was available... Do not use or ask. They apparently still do not have their online ordering up to date for year 2017 as other companies do.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I order a purse for my wife for Christmas 11/26. They canceled my order and didn’t even have the decency to try to contact me. I called up and they apologized and assured me they have the purse in stock at one of their stores and will ship it rush at no additional charge. I later get an email, informing me my order is yet again canceled. I call in to confirm and I’m told very matter of factly that it is sold out and there is nothing they can do. Great service! Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

When I ordered a pair of earrings for a gift for my wife on November 28th...I figured I had plenty of time for Christmas, especially since I was dealing with a very reliable upscale vendor like Saks Fifth Ave. Apparently NOT. The website still shows the latest ship date of December 7th. Here it is December 14th and it's still not shipped. I inquired via customer support and all they can tell me is... The reason it didn't ship is because they have not received it from their supplier. Well that does not do me any good. Christmas is days away and now I don't have a gift for my wife. Support offered no recourse, no alternative, no help whatsoever. I am very frustrated and dissatisfied with Saks overall experience. Saks overcharges and someone pays because they figure you're getting good quality and great customer service. Very far from the truth!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Awful customer service. The website doesn't work. A $63 sweater came out $90 at checkout for no reason. I call their toll free number three times and waited for 10 minutes each time. No one answered the call as if the phone doesn't exist. Never visit this store!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

You think you are ordering from a reputable retailer who is known for luxury goods. Well... not if you never get your items. They will "place" your order and wait a week or so before they let you know it is out of stock. I dunno about everyone else, but when I drop a good amount of money on something I expect to be informed about my order, receive my order within reasonable time and have decent customer service. Saks offers none of that. You wanna sell luxury goods, Saks? How about you get your customer service and product inventory a lil fancier huh.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My father recently passed away before Thanksgiving, I made a purchase on November 24th, 2017 on the Saks Fifth Ave website and even paid for next business day shipping which told me my order will be delivered by November 29th. Today is November 28th, my online order is still under "submitted" so I called Customer Service and they were of no help, transferred me to credit and told me to wait 10 minutes to call Credit since they were not open yet -- fine I waited and called back and Credit told me I needed to be transferred to Dot Com but during the transfer I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to Customer Service again and asked for Dot Com, the lady told me she is Dot Com and would be able to assist me.

I told her of my situation and said I'm sure others have made notes on my account so they knew what my current situation was. Her only suggestion is to refund me the $25 next day shipping fee and to charge my card again (according to her my card has not been charged). I told her I would be ok to charge the card IF only my black dress arrives by FRIDAY since that is the funeral service.

She told me she has no access to it since we do not have a shipping label UNTIL I made an order, so I agreed. I am by no means a rude person so I politely agreed to have her run my card just praying that the dress will be delivered by Friday. So the order has been made and I received an email 16 minutes ago telling me it is the confirmation order... TELL ME WHY RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT I AM GETTING AN EMAIL THAT THE DRESS IS OUT OF STOCK. Sorry if this whole review makes no sense but I am under a lot of emotional distress, this is ridiculous Saks. I am closing my account.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I ordered Gucci stockings. Was given delivery date then nothing for almost two weeks. Called 3 times. Finally told order cancelled. Second time I order a dress on sale, week goes by. I call. I'm told order still processing. 2nd week I'm told order is ready. I should be getting a tracking number any day now. 3rd week I call. I'm told order was canceled today, meanwhile I'm the one that has initiated contact with customer's service. Who by the way sound confused and unsure of what they are doing. For Saks this quality is appalling! Never again. So 24 days later I'm told my order has been cancelled and this is the 2nd time is happened in succession.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I used to be a faithful shopper to this company, till one day they decided not to refund my money back. I'm not only talking about $3. The item amount was $695. So a return was made. After a month of not hearing anything back from them I decided to call and find out what was going on, all I got was "Oh sorry about the inconvenience. Let me file a claim for you". I was told to wait 14 days in order for me to receive my money back. 14 days went by I called again, I got the same crap over and over. So far it's been 2 months of calling and I always get the apology and will work on it. Is it time for me to take it to the next level and sue the company? Don't buy from this company. They steal people's money.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Although you think you're saving a bunch of money on what you think is a great deal, it is definitely not worth your money and especially your time. Be prepared to get to know what online shopping should never be like: Your orders will be cancelled constantly. Each time you will speak to a very incompetent customer service representative with bad English, and you will be given a different reason why your each order was cancelled.

All "cancelled" orders will still appear in your bank and won't clear out for weeks to come. It may even take up to a month. You will have to call each time to to request to release these "unsuccessful" payments. They will show as "pending" and if you have a credit limit - you are screwed. You will be mailed the wrong item. The return process will take forever. The refund will take even longer. It's like doing business with a crook. You will lose your precious time. You might have a nervous break down. Luxury is all about high quality, high standards and comfort - this not what Saks 5th is about.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Bought online. Had wrong size written down by Saks. Gave as gift so had no idea. Over 30 days since ordered so they won't do anything at all. Really bad customer service. Jimmy Choo Slip-On Stiletto Booties 0400093981472. Size: 38.5 (8.5). It's really size 8!!! Guess I should not trust what is written ever!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

This is what I attempted to send to Saks Customer Service email address. It is so fitting, it came back as a bad address, and I got it off their own website! Here is my letter, sent today October 27: "I ordered shoes for an important event that I am flying to Texas for on October 28 early am. The shoes are for the special event. Order date: October 17; Estimated arrival date: October 25. During the wait, I never received an email from Saks telling me the package was on the way, or giving me a tracking number. I finally went on your website to make sure the order was actually placed!

Normally, with Amazon, Nordstrom, Wayfair, Nieman Marcus, etc., the estimated arrival date is either right on, or the product arrives early. I had two extra days to spare so I did not even consider ordering next day or 2-day air. On Oct 26, when I checked the tracking again, the shoes were in a city in California. Now, today the tracking says they are in Tracy, California. I called your customer service department at about 9:45 am, and the person (male, Spanish accent) said he would email me in 20 minutes with the information. I asked if he could reroute the package to Texas if it wasn’t coming today. He took down address information in case it needed rerouting. I never received that email from him. I went back on the Saks website, and NOW it has a new arrival date of November 3!

At 12:00, I called again and was put on hold for 1/2 hour waiting for a supervisor to see if I could get some resolution. Finally, “Oscar **” a “manager”, picked up my call and was totally disinterested, not friendly, and not at all helpful with a solution to the problem. He fell back on telling me why it shipped 4 days after the order was placed - something about going through Saks “security” for 4 days - and finally after keeping me on the line with excuses, when asked, he admitted there was nothing to do.

This is Saks 5th Avenue??? Not the one I used to know. Your handle on FEDEX is non-existent, and your attention to the customer is also non-existent. No emails during the wait? No one high up enough with a brain in their head who can think out of the box to get me the shoes I need in time for this event??? You have lost me as a customer. I will tell everyone I know about the huge lack of customer service that exists with your company now. It is sad."

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After purchase two tuxedos and returning them for over 5 weeks, they still have not credit my account. I call every week and the customer services representatives confirms items were received and would process the credit to my credit card. This has continued to happen every time I call. They give me a reference number and advise me to wait 5 to 7 business days and credit will be processed. When I call again 7 days after the customer service representative says that the previous representative did not send the request. This same information has been given to me 4 different times. I am so frustrated and will not recommend for anyone to use this company again. It is very unfortunate that no one from corporate address this poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

On October 13th, I purchased Burberry puffer parka coat for $625. I haven't seen this kind of price on the coat for 20 years. So I bought it. And day after they changed the description of the item and two days later, they changed the picture of the item. They changed it from fox fur trim coat to cardigan. On October 24th I received the CARDIGAN. If the company made a mistake of putting wrong price of the item, they should contact the customer and say they are sorry. They simply changed the description of the item and picture of the item, and send different item. What they didn't know was I took a screenshots of every single incidents of Saks Fifth Ave. I am not going to spend my money to support dishonest company. No one should.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information

www.saksfifthavenue.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use