1.05/5

292 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased on 8/23/2018, a Valentino Rockstud Wallet, and a Gucci IPad Case, and a Gucci Queen Margaret black small wallet. I received 3 pairs of Gucci sunglasses! I called immediately, and was told how sorry they were and to send the Sunglasses back, which I did. I got them back in the mail stating this was not my original order, duh! That’s why I sent them back! I have sent them back twice now, I called today, waited for over 30 min, for a supervisor to take my call.

Again, another BS runaround call. They said they will contact the shipping dept, and get back to me next week, it’s now 10/11/2018. I am called Amex tomorrow and filing a police report against Saks Fifth Avenue, they are thieves! I will NEVER EVER purchase from them again. Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus are the only way to go, period. I hope this will help any future potential buyers.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

In April, 2018 I ordered a Tuxedo shirt for a wedding. The item was on sale for $183.0. When I received the shirt, I was shocked to see that Saks Fifth Avenue sent me a used shirt wrapped in, what appears to be, a dry cleaning clear plastic bag. The shirt had a soiled collar, missing a button and looked raggedy. I called customer service within the hour, but all they had to say; “… just return it to us and we will give you a 5% discount on your next purchase”. That was the quality of Saks’s customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Using a 10% OFF Moon Deal code to purchase an eye cream from Saksfifth.com. Credit card company says the purchase has been approved by the bank but the merchant cancelled it later on their own. I called the 24/7 customer service phone line to re-order and yet again the order has been canceled by Saks the 2nd time. The bank reassure my card is normal and it is Saks canceled the request for payment on both occasion. I only remember the 24/7 customer service rep reluctant to verify my credit card information and shipping address. He wasn't rushing but seems to avoid telling me the reasons why Saks refused my order. My bank told me the $1200 pending charges will fall off the system within 4 business days. If Saks does not honor Moon Deal discount code, don't participate. Saks is wasting customer's time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased a store brand suit, priced at $799. A week later, I tried to put it on, but I had to remove the numerous tags on the sleeves and other places. While removing the tags on the left sleeve, the material was torn and I could see through to the liner underneath. It turns out the thread they used to attach the tags was a better quality than the material of the suit! So, I took it back to the outlet, in Aurora Ohio, but the store manager refused to return it, exchange it, or acknowledge responsibility. He was actually insulting and threatened to call the police. I will now show the suit and tell my story to everyone willing to listen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I bought a pair of G-Star jeans on sale, it turns out that they sent the wrong pair, knowing that the picture on the site wasn’t the jeans, this is by far the worse customer service, and advice you to go to the store instead of buying online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I ordered a monogrammed toddler sweater and the spent uncountable phone calls and hours on hold trying to find out when it will be shipped. Asking for a manager/supervisor is a waste of time, as they do not help. They only read back what was previously recorded by the other associates. Saks does not know the meaning of Customer Service anymore. I worked for the company for 10 years many years ago, and this would never have been tolerated back then!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Look, I would love to be able to say, Welcome to Australia, Saks on 5th Avenue but the truth is you must avoid this merchant. I have tried 4 times to purchase shoes through their website, PayPal deducted the appropriate amount and each time the order failed to process. But the most frustrating thing is customer service. They replied to my first inquiry with a non-event, 'Sorry can't process order'... Ah, why, please? Even though their emails clearly state 'shipping to Australia' and shoes are 'in stock' etc. And, yes, I purchased goods online many times so I know what I’m doing. I tried again to make a purchase and this time not even a reply from customer service when the order 'failed' yet again. So now I have to wait another week for PayPal to return the money to my account. And BTW, PayPal hasn't replied to my inquiry either - are they no longer trustworthy?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I am so disappointed with SAKS customer service that I received. This company screwed me over a total of 4 times. 1. I ordered pink Ferragamo slides on the website for my vacation, they came in the mail and I was so excited, only to open the box and see they are white and gold rather than pink. 2. I call in to do a refund, no one tells me I can return it at the store, they send me authorization forms to send it out by mail. After doing this and phoning in, they tell me it takes 30 days to process a refund. 3. I place another order for pink slides, and days later it is cancelled telling me they've ran out of stock. 4. I phoned in and waited 40 minutes on hold, the supervisor offers me 20% off to reorder in black, I accepted the discount, and then I call in and find out they cancelled the discount.

The person on the phone tried to tell me it is because Ferragamo is a high end designer, this was the best part, since your website offers the colours Red and Blue for over 50% off at $105.00. At this point, I will never make another purchase at your company, I have been lied to and scammed by what I thought was a reputable company. I will return the black pair of Ferragamos at the store, and for future reference, you shouldn't promise people a discount if you can't follow through. I contacted them a total of 8 times, no one did a thing to rectify this situation. If I call in and I hold for 40 minutes to speak with a supervisor, your supervisor should have enough knowledge about your company to know that 20% off cannot be applied. It is WRONG. The service I got was absolutely disgusting and your company should be ashamed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

They will not refund you if you return items. I had purchased 2 suits which came defective so I asked to return it. They sent me a label and since then all I hear is, "It will take 10-14 business days to see a refund." Been over a month. Still no refund. SCAM SCAM SCAM! Stay AWAY!!! I contacted my credit card. They refunded me right away and mentioned lots of people complain about the same issue.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This card is a scam!! The interest rate and late fees are insane, and they make it impossible for you to register online so you can pay on time or close the account!! No matter what you do or who you call, the site just says they don't recognize the information. They transfer you a million times and give ridiculous excuses that don't make any sense. They just use this to rack up debt and collect personal information. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Had to close my account last evening. The people in their customer service dept are nastier than nastiness. When you do get someone that speaks to you as well as treats you with respect is when they are either in the Philippines or North America. I can tell when I am talking to a ** person. Some of them have no manners and speaks to you like you are a dog. They treat you according to their frame of mind. I am a ** person from another country. While some of these ** people or as they call themselves ** here can be very nice. There are times when you deal with some of them that barks at you like a damn alligator. Saks Fifth Ave employs lots of them. And they are stationed in the South. I am allergic to bad treatment. Therefore I closed my account, will pay them off and never return. Don't even ask to speak with a supervisor, you will get the same treatment. Customer relations, what a joke.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

If I could give negative stars to this company... Absolutely avoid buying anything on this website. First of all, they would accuse you buying final sale item when you did not. They don't mention it in emails or order summary. So only for you to find out you try to return the item but told you cannot. The website send incorrect items to you with wrong dimensions. Both stores and call center will not help you exchange the correct one but tell you to return it Or reorder it. Worst customer service ever. Please avoid!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I purchased three items off the Saks website about two months ago. After receive I got them I decided to return the items—one was a teal blue (was suppose to be black) and the other two didn’t fit. I sent back to the warehouse with the return label they provided. After two weeks I noticed I had only been credited for one item. I called, and they said they did not know, and only one item had been returned. They opened a case and told me they’d get back to me. That was three weeks ago and I haven’t heard any update. At this point, I am assuming they will not be returning my money or issuing a gift card, and will keep the merchandise I have paid for. This is honestly the worst customer service and operations of a business I have ever come across. While Saks has struggled in recent years, I always stood by their side but after this I no longer will.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I bought 2 jackets at Saks here in Mc Lean Virginia, and just about 2 weeks later I decided to take them back without wearing them once because I felt like was not going to use them. Since I did not have my receipt at the time the sales associate told me I needed it or I can get a store credit. I said, "Ok I will come back." She said, "No worries we will accept them back anytime." I said, "You sure," and she said, "Yes – you can even give them my name" – unfortunately I did not write down her name. 2 days later I went back with my receipt and another sales associate told me, "you cannot return these items because they were final sale." Here's the trick people, everything in the store for their annual sales were final sale - That’s the way they trick you people to not having to return them.

The only items the guy told me I can return are items you bought at full price. Cool, I am going to keep them, but this is the end of my relationship with Saks. I am going to do my shopping at Nordstrom from now on, and I encourage you to go do your shopping elsewhere as well. I return items to Nordstrom with no receipt and even after more than a year.

Original review: June 29, 2018

On Tuesday I purchased an expensive necklace for my girlfriend to give her as a birthday gift on Friday. I ordered it for next day delivery so that I would receive it on Wednesday, a few days before her birthday. I was never sent a confirmation or tracking email and never received necklace on Wednesday. When I checked my account it showed that the order was processed but the expected delivery was Thursday. As that would still allow me to receive it in time for her birthday on Friday, it was not a big deal so I waited until Thursday.

On Thursday, I still did not receive the necklace. When I called customer service I was told that it had never left their store. They had no problem taking my money and charging me for next day delivery but never bothered to tell me that I would never receive it the next day. Had I know on Tuesday that they could not fulfill a next day delivery, I would have had plenty of time to purchase a different gift from a different store and have it in time for Friday. When I spoke with their customer service reps on Thursday, I asked if I would receive the necklace by Friday or if I should cancel the order and purchase something from someone else with next day delivery on Friday. I called customer service 3 separate times on Thursday and was assured that the necklace would arrive on Friday in time for the birthday.

On Friday I still did not receive the necklace. When I called on Friday I was told that it still never left their warehouse and I wouldn't receive it until Monday. Thanks to the incompetence and lies of Saks Off Fifth Avenue, I had no birthday gift to give my girlfriend and it made me look horrible in front of her and her family. I have never had such an awful experience with an online order in my life. NEVER ORDER ONLINE FROM SAKS OFF FIFTH AVENUE.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Ordered a pair of shoes to be sent to my sister's house since I'm travelling out of town, and found out immediately after placing the order, that my sister would also not there to receive it. Literally 5 minutes after I placed the order, went on live chat to change the shipping address, and also to see if they would honor a free shipping promo code that I missed on their website banner...supposedly all good, "check back in two days as address change would need to go through their security dept. "...etc etc.

Long story short, after two more chats and three phone calls (all of which were Int'l calls), and customer "Service" telling me everything was ok with address change, the package still arrives at my sister's address...sitting on the porch (no signature required) for at least another two or three days until she returns... (Fingers crossed that they are still on that porch) Called back to file a complaint, and they told me that since it was only a request to change the address and not confirmed w/ their security dept. (even when I was told twice it was confirmed) that they should have recommended me to cancelled the order. (Which they did not recommend not even once) Also no record of my request for them to honor the free shipping...so not holding my breath.

Their customer service is horrendous! Don't get me wrong, they are very polite and seemingly professional when speaking to them, but it's all for a false sense of security that everything is in order on their side and it's being handled. One thing I am impressed with is how quickly the order took to process and ship by FedEx... Apparently too quick, since Saks customer service can't seem to get their ** together. Wishing I had read some of these 1 Star reviews beforehand, and hoping I don't have to deal with them again to file an investigation for a stolen package. Never again Saks...I'll stick with Barneys and Neiman.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Ordered a dress, and tried to initiate a return. When I look up my order history on the website, it does not show any of my orders since 2014! As a result, if there is no return form in the package, I have no way of making a return. I have used Saks Off 5th many times since 2014, but it doesn't show up in my account. I have called about this several times, to no avail. This last time, I had to explain FOUR times that I was not talking about my Saks credit card, (which I don't use). I was told I had to initiate a return through PAYPAL! PayPal doesn't work that way, but maybe they don't know that in the overseas call center. I was then told they "were experiencing a problem with the website". I call BS on that too. They finally scheduled a FedEx pick-up for me. Let us hope I actually get this refund. They have lost a good customer, because I will not order from them again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Can't get my money back for 3 weeks for defective and misleading item description! I bought a fur vest on sale. It took them forever to ship it, but they charged my card right away. When received it was knitted (it wasn't in the description) and it had a bald patch. Had to returned it. They have received my return on April 30 (I have a tracking number). Yesterday May 21 I called them to find out about my return status (I still haven't received my money back). Guy on the phone said it will take 7-10 business days to investigate it. So it's been 3 weeks plus another 2 weeks (maybe more). And we are talking about $400. I have submitted a review for this product on their website. But guess what? You can't see any reviews for any products at all there.

Original review: May 22, 2018

5/4 place $1,700 order, 5/5 FedEx releases box with no signature. Box is stolen, 5/6 neighbors bring me empty box ditched in their yard. I call Saks to notify. 5/14 refund approved. 5/21 no money. Was told account was expedited by Jocelyn: then told it wouldn’t be 3-5 days then another 10-14 days. Mind you I’ve repurchased all items and now am paying interest on both with no idea where my money is. I want it now.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Never order online from #Saks Fifth Avenue! They will send you sale merchandise that is DEFECTIVE and refuse to respond to your emails! You can call them, you can email them and it will be impossible to return defective merchandise! And forget about getting defective merchandise REPLACED because they "do not have the capability" to replace or exchange defective merchandise! I have voice recordings proving this as well as one email response I actually got! Out of 5 emails I send, I received one response telling me this. #SaksFifthAvenue has the WORST customer service I have encountered in at least 15 years! Do not ORDER ONLINE... Only in person where you can see the merchandise, if at all!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I bought a jacket for $995.00 on Saks.com website, but unfortunately, it was small for me so I decided to return it to the actual store on 5th Ave. I did return a jacket and they gave a "Merchandise Credit" card and the receipt with it. Also, I've got an email with the same receipt. The number on the electronic receipt as well as on paper receipt as well as on the card is the same

After a month I went to the actual store on 5th Ave (same store where I returned the item) I tried to buy a new item for $715.00 and I tried to pay with my "Merchandise Credit" card. After 15 minutes I was told that the balance on that card was frozen and the card is inactive. After an hour and a half of pure madness, they could not answer me any question and they said that I should call Saks directly. I did call Saks and I was told that the balance was frozen due to the investigation of the original order and they don't have any power to change that or do something about, because this issue must be handled by the investigation department. By the way, the investigation department don't have a customer service line or any email, so it's impossible to contact them and even Saks representatives cannot call them, so they just email them. Then I just waited for a call from investigation department, but they never called me.

Then I decided to call Saks again, and the result was pretty much the same. Saks representative told me that all they can do is just email them (investigation department) again with the notes!!! IMPORTANT!!! What investigation they can perform if I was in front of the salesperson at Saks store with my "Merchandise Credit" card + paper receipt + email receipt + my ID + my few credit cards with my name on it and so on... What you can investigate there. The result is: I am still waiting for a call, they froze $995.00 on that card + I don't have a jacket (because I returned it to them).

Original review: April 19, 2018

Versace's Metallic Medusa SHWR Slides/Silver - Return policy is ridiculous! Especially if you are making a purchase for a gift. 30 days is not enough time considering people have busy lives. Also, when you go to exchange the product is out of stock. Therefore, you do not get full credit for your purchase. I basically out of $100 dollars. I recommend you shop and spend your money elsewhere (Nordstrom). Needless to say I placed 4 calls to customer service 'cause their computers were down.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was so thrilled to discover that Saks Fifth Avenue had my Gucci slides in stock and after placing my first order, I was sure hoping they would come just in time... Nope, not at all! So two days later, I received an email stating that my order has been “Cancelled”! Well of course it contained no explanation... Meanwhile a pre-authorization hold was posted on my credit card at the time of order. I was a little confused and somewhat concerned, but nevertheless I figured I'll wait until my pre-authorization hold is cleared, funds are returned and order my Gucci slides again using a different card.

So about two business days later, I then reordered my Gucci slides using a different card, but this time "Debit". Once again a pre-authorization hold was debited from my bank account. So the following business day, I then called into Saks Fifth Avenue customer service and was told I was good to go and my order should be shipping out later today. Yeah right… Three hours later, I then receive another email stating; my order is sub-sequentially canceled AGAIN!!! Now this time I call into customer service and speak with a representative by the name of “Julio”. I was very disturbed and upset as to why my orders are being canceled and demanded an explanation.

The representative then informs me that their security process is they will call customers first to inform them of the cancellation or ask any additional questions/concerns and if all goes well, proceed with orders. Otherwise, the order will be canceled for security purposes. What??? Are you kidding me? Two orders on two separate occasions by the same customer using two different cards with the same billing address is canceled twice with no phone call or explanations...

I then asked to speak to a supervisor and the same representative by the name of "Julio" advises me that a supervisor is unable to assist with any canceled orders because it is their security team that automatically cancels the order. My response? Okay, well I will NEVER shop at Saks Fifth Avenue.com again! You guys are absolutely ridiculous and will lose customers continuously conducting such behaviors. So after a couple of hours of still no phone call from the security team, I then decide to go online and see if perhaps a decent online representative can explain the reasons for cancellation.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the company just experienced a breach of security of their customers' information, but I was not informed that the company was going out of business and refusing customers orders online as well. My opinion of this business, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM SAKSFIFTHAVENUE.com ONLINE... It is a complete waste of time, energy and unprofessional organization. You will never get your items.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Saks Off Fifth website completely lies on delivery times. I ordered a rush delivery, which their website promises in 3-7 business days for $50, and it came well after that time. When I called about it, an extremely rude customer service rep told me I hadn't read the website properly (I had). As it turns out, their "delivery promise" only counts after it's shipped to their international hub site. So, it took a week and a half to get to their hub site and then another 3-7 business days to get from their hub site to my address in Canada. This is the same amount of time it would take if I hadn't paid $50. Incredibly disrespectful on the phone and refused to give me my money back, despite the fact that there is no warning about "processing time" anywhere on their website. Terrible experience.

Original review: March 18, 2018

ZERO STARS INTENDED. I never even imagined that I should check the reviews for a company named SaksOff5th Avenue, and wouldn't have believed them anyway. I grew up really enjoying shopping at Saks Fifth avenue. So living far away from my beloved New York City, I was happy to shop online with a name I trusted and has items I'm accustomed to.

So I ordered an article of clothing yesterday and saw it was the wrong size so I canceled immediately while I had the chance. I triple-checked and sure enough there was no order history. No order number, no order cancellation even. Feeling funny inside, I checked out my bank account and saw the charge was still pending. I contacted SaksOff5th customer service and I was ASSURED the charge would be removed within 24 to 48 hours. This was Saturday morning.

Sunday morning, I checked the pending status of the transaction to find that it was updated to completed. Completed! An order that doesn't exist is completed! It's completed! I called customer service, waited twenty precious minutes, and then finally spoke to an American agent, thankfully. He asked for my order number. I don't have one. I provided my email as requested but he found nothing. Same thing I found. Then this "agent" said, "Let me put you on hold for a minute", and I waited again… then BLIP! The man hung up on me.

I then initiated an online chat. This agent too, requested an order number. I told him the only numbers I had was my online bank receipt to which he responded, "I can't use any of that". Well, I copied all of it and sent it to him anyway, right in the chat box. So he says, "OH! Oh, oh, that's from SaksOff5th. I can use that". Really dude? Can you? And where was it supposed to be from other than the website I purchased from.

Then he says: "I got it. Well, I am very sorry about this inconvenience but the order was not cancelled. I see that it was processed and it is in the process of shipping. Here's what we can do at the moment. At the current status we cannot cancel it anymore but I can request FedEx to stop the shipping, that way, once the order is stopped and returned to our distribution center, you will receive a full refund." I asked HIM for the order number and he had one! Had a tracking number too.

Meanwhile, I have all these webpages open including the Fedex tracking he provided. It only showed a label created at 3:08pm Saturday, hours after I had officially canceled it. So I check my order status again and it's still not there. He sent me a link to show the order and that one shows my order but its "his" version of the order as my account still has no orders. I had no choice but to ask him not to cancel it, because who's going to trust you now. The order shows up if I'm logged out but not in my SaksOff5th account where it took place? You made this order for me yourself SaksOff5th.

As for you SaksOff5th Avenue, if that's your real name… there's a human side to all transactions you get paid for. I got my husband who just got out of dialysis to rush me to the store to buy a visa card to add to my account just to feel safer, in order to get this item that may sell out quickly, it's sold out everywhere else. His very words, "you gonna end up losing your money fool". Male intuition? I certainly can never tell him about this because I'll be hearing about it for years, but I will tell YOU! I'm going back to YOOX and Forzieri forever, and wait on my shipments from Italy. I used to puzzle over mama going thirty-five miles past a store that had what she wanted at a cheaper price, just for the better service.

Oh, and I'm not to be fooled twice. I had canceled this order which means I didn't want it, but God only knows what will happen if I try to return it, if it actually shows up. Lost in the mail? Can't give full refunds…who knows. I have to keep it. But as long as I live, SaksOff5th Avenue will always owe me 179 dollars and 70 doggone 5 cents. Thanks for your order at Saks Fifth Avenue. Money won't leave your account until Saks Fifth Avenue processes your order, you said. Sunday morning. Shame shame shame! How in the world did you also get my private landline number that I don't give out?

Original review: March 16, 2018

Okay let me tell my story. Back in Nov. 2017, I had order a watch online. The total come out 1,500 dollars, everything is fine, only at that time there is a promotion going on, because, it close to xmas. So if you spend 1,500 you get a 250 dollars gift card. End up they never send me a gift card. So I called the customer service the # 18775517257 spoke to at least 15 different people. None of them can help me. All they do run around. Finally they said it already send it out. 3 weeks later I call back and they claim is ready been use in Texas. This corporation or Saks Fifth Avenue is a rip off and they are very rude. Warning. Do not open account or shop from Saks. I am going to close my account. Do not shop from Saks.

Original review: March 12, 2018

You want to spend 1500$ and be treated like garbage? Saks is your destination. I've purchased two watches from them (Gucci and Ferragamo), they Both arrived without warranty, they didn't fill or stamp the warranty pages for BOTH orders (they are totally separate orders with a month time difference between them). I've called and emailed them at least 20 times, spend around 20 hours on the phone... NOTHING gets done. (Each time you call they make wait at least half an hour).

I've purchased a Citizen watch from Macy's for less than 200$, but, the associate stamped my warranty without even asking, but Saks obviously have their owns rules!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I purchased Coach Metropolitan brief online and received the bag with no tags, dustbag or any other proof that this is actually new bag. It seems like the bag has been previously used. I brought up this issue and was offered 15% discount. Once accepted - it is 3 weeks already and no discount or refund has ever been credit to my account. I sent 5 or 6 emails to their so-called customer service center and none of those has been answered. ZARA and H&M offer way better service than this “luxury” nightmare. First and last experience dealing with them...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I purchased a Canali suit and received an Armani Collezioni suit. The difference in price is pretty substantial. I’m currently on the phone right now trying to resolve this. Will never shop at Saks again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This is the first time I have tried to order from Saks and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. I added a pair of shoes to my waitlist. I was notified that the shoes were found and I placed an order. 4 days later I had heard nothing so I called. They told me the fulfillment center did not have the shoes, something I would not have known if I had not called. Meanwhile a pending credit was sitting on my charge card. So I was told that there were stores that had it so they placed a store locator order. I called this morning again to check to see what store they would be coming from. I was told that 3 stores show one pair, but that is not real time so they in fact may not be available. I will have to wait to see if one of the stores has the shoes. I have NEVER had an experience like this. Quite not sure what to do from here except hope that there is in fact a pair somewhere out there.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information