2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I returned some items with shop runner. I had proof of delivery. I could not get my money back for 2 month. In order to get my money back I had to spend a lot of time on the phone. In October I ordered some hair products, which I never received. Saks denied to return my money. I called many times. When I asked to speak with supervisor, I was left on hold for 30 min, after 30 min I hang up.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I didn't realize all the Saks in my area have closed. I figured better to pay the $9.95 fee for a mail return instead of driving the 100 miles to our closest Saks. Saks received the item on November 3rd. It is now November 25th and still no refund. Called customer service to ask for status update on the refund. I was put on hold for nearly 20 minutes. Finally the representative came back on the line and said she can start the process on my refund but it would take 15 business days to post. I told her I already waited the allotted time to process the refund. Though she was apologetic, they could not expedite the process. Not sure what they were doing with the item for all that time. I have no other choice but to wait out the additional 15 business days. Hopefully Saks will make this right.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2020

Saks did refund my money. I called 3 times, emailed or messaged 3 times, but they did refund the full amount of purchase. The dress was wonderful but the zipper was an inferior product.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Recently I purchased an Aidan Mattox dress from Saks online for $500+. I tried it on when I first received it and was thrilled. I had tried on at least 3 other dresses and was not happy with any of them. The dress was for a wedding out of town. When preparing for the wedding, I put the dress on to leave for the wedding and again was thrilled. It fit looser and even better than the first time I tried it on. Unfortunately, after sitting in the dress, the zipper split from the bottom up. My husband almost had to cut me out of the dress because the top of the zipper held tight and wouldn’t budge.

I returned the dress to Saks after being hung up on twice when I called customer service to try to explain. I even returned the dress within 30 days of receipt. Saks will not refund my money because the dress is not in “saleable” condition. If it were in saleable condition, I wouldn’t need to return it! Needless to say, Saks sells inferior products at high prices and will not refund your money. Do not buy from them and expect quality customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

If I could give negative stars I would. Have been trying for months to get my money back from this company. I have called customer service so many times I have lost count--they give me the same line every time. I have tried emailing--no response. I have tried direct message on Facebook--no response. I would literally shop at Walmart for the rest of my life before I would shop at Saks again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Placed an order from Saks Fifth Avenue, never received my order, they refused to help me even though I've been shopping with them for many, many years. I'm completely disgusted with the level of treatment. I also reported the incident to the Better Business Bureau and filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This was my 1st time ordering online from Saks off Fifth Ave and hopefully the last one. I can’t believe how unprofessional their customer service is!! I ordered 3 items online, one I haven’t receive and the 2nd one was the wrong item not what I ordered. I called customer service the 2nd day I received my order to complain. They told me to rest assured they will fix it ASAP and they will file an investigation. It’s been a month now and every time I call I found out that they either didn’t put the proper documentation or they just forgot to submit the investigation. I’m just so tired of explaining the story of my order every single time I call. My time is more valuable than the order itself. If this was Macys, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's this would have been solved from the 1st call. I can only compare Saks 5th Ave customer service to a foreign store in China or India or may be even worse. I can’t believe this is the customer service of a luxurious store in USA.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

(To go to the TL;DR, see last paragraph) About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a backpack from Saks 5th Avenue (SFA) online with a gift card (and paid the balance on a credit card). I got an email shortly afterwards saying that my order was received and that I would get an email after it has been shipped out. 5 days later, I get an email saying that my order was cancelled. I called up customer service to find out what had happened, and was told that the "verification department" called up the number on file and the person who answered said to cancel the order. I have no idea who they spoke to, but I definitely did not receive a call, much less asked for it to be cancelled. I decided to not pursue.

Thankfully my gift card balance was restored and the pending charge on my credit card was dropped. I then went to Saks Off Fifth (OFF) online and purchased 2 pair of shoes. Again, I paid with my giftcard and the balance with my credit card. And again, I received the email shortly thereafter saying that my order had been received and that I would get an email once it has shipped. Wary of the "verification department," I called up OFF customer service multiple times, spoke to different agents every time, and explained that I really wanted the shoes and that if the verification department wants to call, to please call me at the number on file. At least 3 different agents put it in their "notes" and all assured me that my order will be here and it won't be like what happened at SFA.

Happily, on the 5th or 6th day after I made the order, I got an email from OFF saying that some information is needed and I needed to call the phone number. I was so excited. I called the number, and it turns out this number just rings a couple of times before going to voicemail. No prompts: no "for English, press 1, for existing orders, press 1." Nothing. Just ringing a few times before going to voicemail. At this point, I was getting very frustrated and suspicious. And alas, I then got the same email from OFF like I got from SFA, saying that my order has been canceled. I called up customer service to find out what the problem was this time, and I was told that the item wasn't in stock.

Again, at least my gift card balance was restored and the pending credit card charge was dropped. I then searched for Saks reviews and came across this page and am shocked to see how similar my experiences were to the others here. It's really mind-boggling how a supposedly Luxury Department Store can do business like this.

So, TL;DR
      1) Do NOT shop at Saks. Avoid it like the plague.
      2) If you MUST shop at Saks, go into the store in person. See the item in person. Touch it, feel it, inspect it, and make sure that you're 100% sure you will never return it. Only then will it be safe to buy.

3) Any item that you can't take with you physically from the store that day, RUN.

i) A pre-order item? RUN.
      ii) "We don't have this item in store, but it's available in another store. We can order it and send it to your home." RUN.
      iii) You see an item you like. You notice it's not in the best condition. You ask if they have the same one in the back. They check and realize they don't, but that there's another one available at another store and they can order it and have it sent to you. RUN.

iv) See something you like ONLINE? RUN. Do not buy. Because there's a high chance it will be out of stock and you'll be left picking the pieces with customer service.

I am considering myself lucky, because it seems some here have had their credit card charged for items they never received. I'm just glad my gift card balance is back, and my credit card wasn't charged. I count myself lucky and know when to cut my losses. I sold my $1,000 gift card for $700 cash. Best decision ever. Will never ever shop at SFA or OFF ever again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Recently, I experienced a violation via thievery from an order I placed with Saks Fifth Avenue, whereby the order and first line of shipment originated in New York (Long Island) at the same store location. I am reaching out because I know this cannot be the first time this has happened to merchandise ordered from that store location. The sheer level of boldness and comfort from the perpetrators is too high for my encounter to be their first offense.

I placed an in order for a pair of Gucci sneakers. When my order arrived, it arrived in a box that was lighter in weight than expected and appeared with signs of tampering. I opened the brown shipping box to find a Gucci shoe box, without the shoes. Only the shoe dust bag and paper remained. I called Saks Fifth Avenue customer service to have a case submitted.

I also placed a new order for the same product as the case is being investigated, because I really wanted the shoes. That order arrived today with signature required and the same thing happened, except this time I have video from the delivery guy walking up my drive way to my husband opening the box in the presence of the delivery personnel in my drive way as I took video of him opening an empty box yet again. I was so frustrated and wondered how this could happen, so I began to do my research. I have ordered form Saks and other luxury stores and have never had this problem.

First, I looked at how much the package weighed when it was shipped. The first order shipment details noted 2 pounds. There is no way a box housed in another box- along with sneakers, paper, and a dust bag is only 2 pounds. Note, the package that arrived today weighed in at 3 pounds. That means, the person or persons responsible for securing the packages from the store is stealing the merchandise and placing the empty boxes in a shipment box before weigh-in; or someone at the store is shipping an empty box. Third, it could be someone from the store and someone who works for a courier service working together. Either way, something is happening with shipments from a specific Long Island store of Saks Fifth Avenue. My cases (now two) are pending; however, I thought it imperative to share as hopefully I can warn others if their package originates and that location. I enjoy Saks, but I am beyond frustrated with this horrible encounter...twice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

My aunt was visiting from overseas and wanted 2 items as gifts for her husband and daughter. I helped her look online and recommended for her to pay a little extra and will get her items fast, safe, & secure. Saks website mentions everywhere ‘SIGNATURE REQUIRED’ and if no one is home the package gets taken to the FEDEX PICK UP CENTER for 5 business days. It was the weekend. I knew the order wouldn’t ship until Monday so we selected a rush 3 day delivery and the order would arrive Thursday at the latest, she was flying back the following Tuesday so she had enough time to get her items in the event of delay, or even if I missed the delivery we would still have time to go pick up the package at the FedEx pick up center.. This was not true in my case..

They delivered the package to a random person. I live in a multi unit building with 6 families. When I arrived home from work Thursday evening I saw no notice on my door so I called Saks to see when the order is expected to arrive. It was after 7pm and apparently there are no agents after this time. The automated system recognized my order through my phone number and mentioned package delivered at 2pm??!! To whom?! It was already 8:30pm. The only choice I had was to go knock on everyone’s door and ask if anyone had a package of mine. No one had a package and no one saw FedEx. At this point I’m shaking. I called fedex and got the same answer, package delivered and signed by ‘dbinel’. Even the name is suspicious. How can the driver be ok with this type of delivery.

The following morning I call Saks. They say the package was delivered and signed by ‘dbinel’??!! Is that even a real name?! Why would fedex deliver a package valued close to $3k and not deliver safely?! It says must be home?! Why didn’t they come to my apartment?! Why hand the package to any random persons. If the name on the order says Annette it should be delivered to me or anyone in my apartment. If the package was signed by someone in my apartment I understand leaving me accountable. But to show up at a building with no door man, no elevator, no lobby.

If it was the other way around and my package would have been sent back to the fedex pick up location and I went to pick up an order FedEx would identify me with an ID and if it’s not the name on the package they will not release an order! Why couldn’t it be the same vise versa ‘when delivering a package’. Why would they not make sure to deliver to the buyer or someone in their apartment!!?? The name whose package this belongs to!! Why let someone with a suspicious name like this here walk away with 2 items valued at almost $3,000. At this point my aunt flew back to her country with no gifts, and I’m at a loss of almost $3k for trying to do the right thing by helping my family and by trusting Saks fifth known as a reputable company.

I have forever shopped Saks in person never online and I will never again. FedEx is known as a strict shipper. UPS had shown me more responsibility than the experience I had now. When ups shows up at my house they leave a notice that says ‘Sorry we missed you. Second attempt tomorrow between 2-5pm' so I know to be home the following day. Why could fedex not leave a notice?!?? Where is this order?! When I call fedex it’s the same answer! Package delivered ??!! I understand the package was delivered and signed. But not BY ME or anyone in my apartment because there is no one 18 or older except me and my 3 kids under the age of 9.

I Have lost sleep over this package that was delivered with zero responsibility. Any driver should have put his sense together to know that a package valued over $2500 shouldn’t be delivered to the hands of any person other than the one who purchased the order. No one else. That was the assurance I had when ordering on Saks fifth. I never had such experience like this before. Ups won’t leave a package valued at $50 unless signed by me or handed to me. How can fedex do such a thing?! They are known to be good shippers and strict. What happened to this order?!! How do I know it wasn’t the driver himself who signed for this package?! No one in the building has a name even close to the signed name. Please help me resolve this matter. I will never shop Saks again. This is unfair.

$2500 feeds my family and pays my rent the entire month. All I wanted to do was help my aunt and order on a site I thought I can trust wholeheartedly. Never in my life did I go out of my way to put in a bad review. But please be aware that when they say signature required and held for 5 days at a pick up center is NOT TRUE. We havnt worked in over 3 months I am a single mom. People are not sitting home. We work. If we are not home Fedex should leave a notice for a 2nd attempt not just hand over a package to anyone. If we order online we expect to receive what we paid for. That’s the idea and convince of online shopping. Is knowing we will receive the order even if we are not home. With a notice left on a door we know when to be home. And at the most and worst case scenario we know we also have 5 days to go and pick up the order. That was the point of ordering from Saks with fedex is knowing they will not leave a package behind.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Long story short the head of customer service Andrea and the executive services manager Maxine ** were AMAZING! I never received my package and after a 14 day investigation I was denied my refund. Well honey, I googled and found Andrea’s email and explained the circumstances and run around I got from customer service and she immediately had Maxine contact me. Not only did I get a swift refund of 1,475.00. I was also gifted with 250.00 for my daughter’s graduation gift for the inconvenience. Now that is 5 star service and I will remain a loyal Saks customer. Fed Ex leaves packages unattended on porches in these desperate times uuugh! It is best to head into the actual store because online mail service is sketchy dealing with certain carriers. Anyway suffice to say I’m happy! Maxine was so sweet and Andrea is the best!!

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information