3.65/5

333 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I get regular emails when there is a sale at Saks Fifth Ave Online and saw a bag that I liked. I tried to buy it but it says it’s sold out but I can be waitlisted when it becomes available. This is last season style and it is not new. I signed up to get an email and text when it becomes available. I get a text and email 2 days later the same style and color bag available but they are charging from $278 to $609. I called customer service they said they cannot honor that price and they are charging me $489 instead which is almost twice the price. Very disappointing and no integrity. If this was Nordstrom they would have honored price. It’s false advertising and it’s like a scam. For such a high end store it has low integrity. Plus it was just 2 days later they won’t honor price. Very poor customer service.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought a pair of very expensive shoes 7 months ago from Saks located in Dallas TX. I never had the chance to wear them, it was an unusual color and hard to match. Eventually I found the right outfit to go with it and realized one shoe is size 37 one shoe is size 40!! Took it back to store, they were very rude!!! Very disappointing for a store like Saks.

I called the customer service and a rude man said "It has been 7 months and now you are reporting it??"!!! Shaming me for a mistake that an employee at Saks has made! He said, "nothing we can do." This is so disappointing, so frustrating and absolutely unacceptable for a store like SAKS FIFTH AVENUE. I am so upset with the way I have been treated way more that the money I have lost! I emailed them and yet nothing! I do not know how else I can ask for assistance. People should know my story!! Saks does not take responsibility for their mistakes and instead they will blame you and shame you!! UNACCEPTABLE!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

If only I had read the negative reviews earlier! Stella McCartney shoes posted for $171 Canadian. When I went to purchase it online, it became double the price. Online chat team guaranteed they will honor the price, I even have the chat record on pdf as proof. Online team member Sarah informed me I should go ahead and buy it at full price (double) and I will get a price adjustment.

First, it's been about 12 days since I ordered, the item isn't even here. Only after the product took so long to arrive, I started reading reviews online about Saks online purchases and I thought oh no, they will not give me the price adjustment because they cannot be trusted. So I contacted them online and of course, even before I received my shoes, I find out, the "claim for adjustment has been denied". Being someone who only uses high end designer items, I now am scratching off Saks as an option to buy from. At this point, I can only blame myself for not doing my homework earlier and checking online reviews.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I was on the Saks website in May 2019 because they had a sale on designer bags. I then go to look at their offerings and notice that the bag I'm obsessed with (a black hardware YSL) was on sale (regular $2850, on sale for $2190 CAD). I thought WOW I can't believe my luck and went to purchase immediately. When trying to check out the price reflected in the cart was still $2850 rather than the $2190 I saw online. I went to the chat option on Saks to get some help and was greeted by a lovely sales person who ensured me that if I purchased the bag, she could adjust the price immediately after I purchased. No worries I thought, I'll do that. But, when I tried to purchase the bag the cart said sold out. The sales person said, unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about that, but I was assured that if I purchased at a later date I could still receive that price (her guarantee).

Over the next couple of weeks, I continued to check back on the site, by which time the bag had gone on pre-order. I tried numerous times to purchase it on pre-order as was still assured that I would get the sale price I'd seen previously (of which I have email proof and screenshots of chats with Saks associates). By this point, I'd spoken with multiple chat associates who assured me I would get that price once I could purchase it. I had no reason to think that their "assurance" meant nothing.

Fast forward to July 1, 2019 the bag is finally back in stock and I purchase it. I immediately go to the chat to request the price change (as I'd been promised.) I was told that it would take 10-15 days to process (which was weird as a previous associate said she could change the price immediately once I purchased it.) I then follow up on day 10 as I hadn't been contacted and was told that my price adjustment had been "denied since as this is one of premium designers and these designers are excluded for adjustments." So, not only did I need to follow up with their customer service, but I also was consistently promised by different associates that this would be done. The associate told me "according to our records the request was not assured as this is one of our premium designers." However, I have email and chat proof that this was assured (and was never communicated to me that there was a possibility that it may be un-assured).

Saks, you need to honor the promises of your customer service associates as they are client-facing. I will NOT be shopping at Saks again after this long, drawn out, annoying 2-month process where I constantly had to check in. I feel lied to and I honestly think that the Saks system as a whole is terrible. If you ever see a sales price on their website, be aware that you may have to pull teeth to get it.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The Saks did not refund my money. They didn't deliver my package which I bought from them online to my door, did not even put it inside the gate. It's a gated community. I did not get my items, my purchase order # **. They said that the delivery was made. (It was not! They left a package on the street, outside the gate.) They said it is not their fault that the package was vandalized and items were stolen. How it is not their fault??? They just left it on the busy street, it was NOT delivered to my address, my door not even inside the gate. The delivery was not complete. To leave a package on the street? I buy online a lot but have never had anyone just left my things on the street. The supervisor Iris ** was rude and said that the decision is final and she would not issue a refund. I will NEVER buy anything from Saks and I have been their customer for decades. Tatyana

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: June 23, 2019

Saks.com has the worst customer service. Target, Walmart and the Dollar store has better customer service than Saks.com. I placed several orders online that went through just to be cancelled the day after. Twice using Saks Fifth Avenue card. When I called they said, "It was the back office that cancelled the orders. You have to contact them." I said, "Well let me speak to them" and they said, "We can't."

I finally placed another order using a different credit card just to see what would happen. It went through. The credit card was accepted and it went through fine but a few hours later Saks.com sent me an email the order was cancelled. I called and asked why was it cancelled. They are all foreign, ignorant and rude and can care less what they tell you or how you feel. It is worst than having no one on the other line. The worst! They put me on hold and sent me to the recording that you get when you first call. I had to keep calling to get someone to actually tell me why the order was cancelled and still they would not help me.

After numerous calls they said it was a security issue and I said what is the issue. The address and billing are the same and have been for several years and I am using a good card that the transaction/purchase went through so what is the security issue? Nothing has changed at all! They said, "We don't know. Just a security issue." I asked who can help me. They told me, "You would have to wait a few days and security will call you. When we don't know."

Are you kidding me. They will call me. Why the hell can't I call them and see what the stupid non existent issue is because there isn't any issue. Just poor poor customer service with no one to help. The orders keep getting cancelled no reason and not getting resolved and no call from the so called non existent security department!!!! I have spent thousands of dollars at this horrible terrible worst store in the world to get treated with no regard or service at all!!!! I hate Saks Fifth Avenue online and most of their stores aren't any better. I hope they go out of business!

Original review: June 10, 2019

The customer service department at Saks when you call via phone is completely unhelpful, uncaring and pretty much refuses to handle your issue with any amount of concern or professionalism. I recently had the experience having to place an order over the phone with them to have shipped to my local store, as I didn't want it shipped to my address. For some reason Saks doesn't give the option when placing an order online to have something shipped to the customer address or store address, as do most stores. They were impossible to deal with. I have never had so much trouble and to think how much money I'm spending on an item with their store to have to go through any hassle is beyond comprehension. I will be making purchases at Neiman Marcus from now on.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I bought several items online, however a few thing did not fit so I printed a return label to send them back. Three items were put in one box and shipped to them per their instructions. A few weeks later, I received an email from them saying these items have been returned and one of the items was missing. I call up customer service and they said they will check to see if they can find the pair of shoes in the warehouse. A week has passed and no return, so I call again and they said they could not find the shoes but they will launch an internal investigation. I call two weeks later and they said they have closed the investigation and will not issue a refund. Now, I am out of pocket a few hundred dollars on a pair of shoes I never wore. I am quite disappointed with the experience as I had to call for updates each time and I no longer feel safe buying from them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I purchased a Versace watch from Saks Fifth Avenue online store. After 5 month the watch stopped working. I’m currently residing in Italy so I took it to a Versace store to check it out for me but I was told that the watch is counterfeited item. Most Versace watches made in Italy or Switzerland but mine was made in China. I will be back to the states mid September. I have a letter from the store stated that the watch is fake and all the components of the watch are bad. I’m hoping they will refund my money otherwise I have to hire a lawyer to take care of this matter.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought a pair of coated pants that were defective and rubbed off all over my clothes. Saks refused to take them back because they had been worn when they sold me a bad product. Unbelievable! I had issues with them in the past too when they charged my card and never sent the product (took multiple calls to get the refund. And when I used my rewards dollars on a product they never sent due to system error and they didn’t refund my reward even after multiple calls. The absolute worst. Literally choose any competitor and you will get better service.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information