2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.6/5 (393 ratings)

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I ordered the Ella Tote and FedEx claimed that they delivered my package. However, they did not. Saks refuse to refund me because it shows delivered, no signature required. Do not order online from this store. This was my first and last time. I now have to call Chase to get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I bought a Versace t-shirts from them Which never delivered from my house. I have camera in front of my door. This day I received package from Neiman Marcus In from Bloomingdale's But not my Versace t-shirts from Saks. I call customer service. OMG those people are the worst. The guy even dare to ask me to send them proof of where I was when the package was delivered. I was so offended that a company can treat people that spend money on the ** like that. My advice to you buy your products somewhere else. I promise you will be a lot more at peace.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Back in March I call over the phone to place a order for a purchase for over $700, asked that a signature be required so I know my package is placed in my hand. I even overnight shipped which was an extra $75. FedEx forged my name and left package on my porch which got stolen. Saks and Fed ex went back and forth about who’s going to pay me. Then Saks told me they’ll give my money back if I file a claim with fed ex. They’ll refund, told me I’ll get my money in 2 weeks. No money ever showed so I called then they tell me under review. Waited 3 weeks told me they can’t, then Manager Engrid or Ingrid tells me to do a police report and I will receive my money, 2 weeks since no money. I called 7/8/21 and the worker said Engrid put in the notes to decline my claim but she’s the one who keeps telling what to do to get my money. It’s now July and this took place in March. I need my money back. Worst company ever.

Original review: July 1, 2021

WOW. Where do I even start? I did not expect this kind of horrible service from this company but I will NEVER purchase anything from here again. On June 26th, I texted a sales associate to place an order for designer heels. Upon charging my debit card for $1040.26, the SA claimed that the order could not be processed and asked me to check to see if my bank flagged the charge as fraudulent activity (which in fact, I now believe it is). I double checked and the money had been taken from my bank account. In fact, I even called my bank and confirmed that the transaction was not a pending charge and they even provided a transaction ID #.

The day after (Sunday), I called and spoke to the SA, who explained that there was a glitch in the system with charging the card, but because she did not receive an order number, she could not process the order for me. She claimed that the money should be reversed back to the account in 24-48 hours and that "sorry but there is nothing she could do." She repeatedly mentioned not being able to do anything and claimed her manager could not do anything either. Not even offering any empathy or a gift card of some sort to keep the customer happy. How is this kind of customer service acceptable? To add on, I called the SA numerous times on Monday and Tuesday, and she is yet to respond to my calls and texts. Another red flag.

After being ignored by the SA, on Tuesday, I received a call from a gentleman named Brian (one of the managers) who said he has contacted corporate and received information that I will be refunded by end of day Wednesday. He also heard my frustration and ensured he will do everything to help me get my money back. He provided his cell phone number and told me to reach him if I do not receive a refund. He also informed me to escalate the issue to corporate with the phone number 800-238-3089 but that number is unreachable as well. Another red flag.

After not seeing the money back in my account, I reached out to Brian on Wednesday (4 days after the initial charge) around 2-3 pm in the afternoon when he informed me that he will follow up with corporate and get a status update on my refund. Brian did not call me back and in fact he is now unreachable as well. His phone is off and my texts to him are undeliverable. THIRD red flag.

On Wednesday at 6 pm, I received a voicemail from a woman named Camille, who provided NO information on my issue, except that she "is leaving the office for the day, will not be in on Thursday or Friday and will return on Saturday and will try to call me again on Saturday to speak to me about my issue." How is it acceptable to have a customer wait in the dark for 2 EXTRA days to receive information on where her money is? One thousand and forty dollars that was taken from a customer FIVE DAYS ago? Money that should have NEVER been taken from the account is now lost in the dark with your sales associates not providing any information or any resolution whatsoever. That is all I am left with now.

How is this kind of service and fraudulent activity acceptable? How is it okay for your company to take a customer's money and provide NO resolution, no customer service and continuously make the customer wait and chase after what is rightfully theirs? The $1040.26 should have NEVER been taken from my account in the first place. If there was a glitch in the system, the money should have been refunded back right away. I have no fault in any of this besides trusting your company to process the order for me. Saks Fifth Avenue has taken $1040.26 from me and is YET to provide the money back to me.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Experienced the worst customer service this month that I've encountered - anywhere. Item arrived, as described, but the price tag on the garment was $20 less than what I paid. Normally, this is something Saks has happily fixed in the past. BUT, because the experience was so different, I decided to research if the company had been bought. Worse - Saks Fifth Avenue spun off its entire etail (the whole of the website) to a holding company. They've certainly outsourced the site's call center. It was clearly overseas - this was new. I could hear dogs barking in the background and was put on hold several times over three calls - two of which "dropped" and I was disconnected.

The supervisor who I eventually got to - an escalation associates repeatedly told me was not available - immediately resolved the problem and issued a credit for the price discrepancy - after I sent her photos - a process that took several, frustrating tries. I receive a $50 credit with my Amex twice a year and will only shop there for the $100/year I am credited. I'm not even sure I want to shop their brick and mortar anymore. With so many options, why would I shop here? How would they handle a worse problem than this? And why and where are they selling/sourcing items at a lower price? It's dishonesty served with a heaping side dish of "customer" service.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a perfume online on 3.19.2021. The order was apparently delivered and I never received it. The company will not credit/refund/or send a replacement. They will not do anything if you do not receive your order. They will simply rob you. All the representatives do not know what they are doing! Worst of worst!

Will not spend a single penny in this store ever again.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased a pair of Ferragamo shoes from Saks, which did not have clear information on the size of the width (strangely they have different widths for the size). I am a small person and have always wore the narrowest shoes if there are options so ordered a size plus just to be safe. However, when they came, they were way too small and narrow and would not fit when I tried them on. When I took them to Saks store and also called customer service, they refuse to let me return or give me any kind of coupon or form of consolation. Very money-oriented company and treats customers terribly. Do Not waste your money by giving business to this company!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I returned an item at Saks Fifth Avenue online. They are not refunding me. They are just giving me rhetoric and run around. That it’s my bank. I just want my money. DONT SHOP HERE! I’m reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 19, 2021

No longer exclusive - seriously overpriced. Too much cheaply made labels on sale. Staff lazy and not helpful. Dressing rooms dirty with many pins on floor. Not the store of my shopping from over 50 years! Macy and Bloomingdales are better staffed but also too much “stuff”. - Hard to move about store due to crowded spaces.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Purchased a high end handbag on May 9th and that was the only time I received an email from them. Fast forward to Saturday May 15th with no communication from them regarding that purchase so I decided to call the store. I spoke to a rep and was given the most outstanding lip service I’ve ever received! We went round and round and I was told something about system upgrades etc., and Nothing was resolved at all! I had also emailed them the day before this and was given a case # and was told I would hear back from someone but that day never came.

Today is May 17th and just thinking about all this from a supposedly reputable store/company? was making me madder by the minute so I decided to do a chat. I was basically told the same mumbo jumbo (they sent me the systems upgrade form info and when I asked what was really going on I got nowhere?) What is going on here? I cancelled my order because they could give me No info about it or when it would ship. Has this store been hijacked? because this is crazy. I will Never shop here again - I’m just thankful I escaped with my money.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information