2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (396 ratings)

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: May 4, 2021

The store is set up with little vignettes featuring different styles and what to wear and how to wear it. Salespersons are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Always eager to help! Their perfumery and makeup sections are amazing and their staff is knowledgeable about the latest trends. A fantastic shopping experience.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Long story short the head of customer service Andrea and the executive services manager Maxine ** were AMAZING! I never received my package and after a 14 day investigation I was denied my refund. Well honey, I googled and found Andrea’s email and explained the circumstances and run around I got from customer service and she immediately had Maxine contact me. Not only did I get a swift refund of 1,475.00. I was also gifted with 250.00 for my daughter’s graduation gift for the inconvenience. Now that is 5 star service and I will remain a loyal Saks customer. Fed Ex leaves packages unattended on porches in these desperate times uuugh! It is best to head into the actual store because online mail service is sketchy dealing with certain carriers. Anyway suffice to say I’m happy! Maxine was so sweet and Andrea is the best!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased a pair of Ferragamo shoes from Saks, which did not have clear information on the size of the width (strangely they have different widths for the size). I am a small person and have always wore the narrowest shoes if there are options so ordered a size plus just to be safe. However, when they came, they were way too small and narrow and would not fit when I tried them on. When I took them to Saks store and also called customer service, they refuse to let me return or give me any kind of coupon or form of consolation. Very money-oriented company and treats customers terribly. Do Not waste your money by giving business to this company!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I returned an item at Saks Fifth Avenue online. They are not refunding me. They are just giving me rhetoric and run around. That it’s my bank. I just want my money. DONT SHOP HERE! I’m reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 19, 2021

No longer exclusive - seriously overpriced. Too much cheaply made labels on sale. Staff lazy and not helpful. Dressing rooms dirty with many pins on floor. Not the store of my shopping from over 50 years! Macy and Bloomingdales are better staffed but also too much “stuff”. - Hard to move about store due to crowded spaces.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Purchased a high end handbag on May 9th and that was the only time I received an email from them. Fast forward to Saturday May 15th with no communication from them regarding that purchase so I decided to call the store. I spoke to a rep and was given the most outstanding lip service I’ve ever received! We went round and round and I was told something about system upgrades etc., and Nothing was resolved at all! I had also emailed them the day before this and was given a case # and was told I would hear back from someone but that day never came.

Today is May 17th and just thinking about all this from a supposedly reputable store/company? was making me madder by the minute so I decided to do a chat. I was basically told the same mumbo jumbo (they sent me the systems upgrade form info and when I asked what was really going on I got nowhere?) What is going on here? I cancelled my order because they could give me No info about it or when it would ship. Has this store been hijacked? because this is crazy. I will Never shop here again - I’m just thankful I escaped with my money.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Terrible!!! I returned an item 2 months ago and am still not reimbursed for it. I called them 8 times and every time I get a different answer but never a resolution. They just keep on postponing and few times they hanged up on me! I can't believe that this happens with Saks! I just want my money back!

Original review: May 7, 2021

Still waiting for an order placed in March. I have contacted customer service multiple times and am regularly told the delivery will go out “next week”. It’s like dealing with a fly by night Chinese company. Sad to see Saks resort to such horrid behavior. This will be my last purchase. If it weren’t for the fact I was paying partially with gift cards I’d just cancel. Walmart provided a better customer experience. Use a more reliable vendor.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I ordered a free people outfit for $67. The day my order arrived the price was reduced to $41.66. I started a chat online and was told I would be issued a price adjustment for $25.54. After weeks of chats (I have screenshots of these discussions) and many phone calls I was never issued the price adjustment. I filed a complaint with the BBB and within a week was issued a credit of $18.82. Not the correct amount but I was tired of dealing with them. I will NEVER buy from Saks again. I'll give my business to other reputable high end stores. Pathetic!

Original review: April 21, 2021

First I would like to tell all consumers to remove any credits you have on Saks and any other companies account. DO NOT SAVE THEM. Saks debit my account for $106 on a pre-order account once the order was shipped. I got the item. Done. Then two weeks later took out another $106 for the same purchase. Customer Service was useless. I spoke to at least five people who all transferred to unknown department. Unaware of their process, I held on and on and on. Music playing in the ground and stuff. I hung and call again. Same thing. Finally I got a guy who promise he will connect me to the correct department and would not just transfer me. It took me over 3 hrs to finally speak to someone. I believe she was in verification department. I stayed calm and I know she wasn’t the problem and explained my situation. She was a great listener. She explained Saks' system is having a glitch and taking money from customers.

She looked at my account and could see additional monies removed for the same order. Of course she apologized but I feel this is so legal for this company to do for unexpected consumers especially who don’t monitor their credit cards as I do. They could have simple put out a statement to all their customers of this problem. The problem with me card is I have pending bills that must be paid and I don’t have enough funds now to pay them which mean will be denial and create non-sufficient funds and late fees from my companies. Saks this is completely wrong. As I stated, delete any credit cards on your account. DO NOT SAVE.

I will contact the BBB and put this on every social media I can. I’m told it will take up to 14 days to get any refund. They will no longer have my service. I am sure they could care less they lost my service.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I made an online order. The order was apparently delivered and I never received it. The company will not credit/refund/or send a replacement. Pretty despicable for a company that sells “high end” product. Don’t ever order online from this company. They will not do anything if you do not receive your order. PayPal couldn’t help me either.

Original review: March 9, 2021

My boyfriend recently got a credit card which gives a $50 incentive for Saks Fifth every 6 months. We had never shopped at Saks Fifth but decided to give it a try since we had the credit. He ordered a set of whiskey glasses in early-mid November as a Christmas gift. Originally it said that they would arrive early December. They never arrived so he emailed customer service for an update. After waiting several days with no response, he called customer service. They assured him that it would arrive by Christmas. The item had not even been shipped by December 23 so we called customer service again. We were on hold and kept getting bounced around for over an hour. Then they hung up the phone.

I called back and waited on hold again. I got in touch with a representative and specifically asked not to be put on hold (I had been on hold for close to two hours at this point). She assured me that she would not put me on hold and then promptly put me on hold anyways. The item still had not even been shipped, despite prior assurances that it would have arrived by this time. Normally if a company makes this many mistakes they will compensate you for your time and trouble by offering discounts or gift cards. Not only could they not do that, they said that we could not even cancel our order (it hadn't even shipped yet!). So we were stuck having to pay for a Christmas gift that was not getting there in time for Christmas and then on top of that we had to scramble to find a different gift on Christmas Eve.

The only thing that they offered was to provide a small gift card amount that could only be used in person to buy this alternative gift. However, the closest Saks was over three hours away one way. I had to explain multiple times that I was not going to drive 6 hours round trip on Christmas Eve just to get a gift in person from Saks. I ended up giving up for the time being. We paid for glasses that arrived in late January or early February, did not get any sort of compensation, and had to buy a Target gift on Christmas Eve. On top of all of that my boyfriends credit card was not charged until the item shipped, at which point his first credit card benefit was no longer applicable. So we didn't even get the $50 discount that made us place the order to begin with.

After this whole ordeal my boyfriend called customer service again to complain about the terrible service. We would have had to pay for shipping if we wanted to return these glasses (they should have just let us cancel the order before shipping) or go in person (no stores anywhere remotely near us). We also wasted so much time already trying to contact customer service and we then didn't get the credit card discount because of how long they took to charge the card. Finally they offered him a 20% discount and a $100 gift card. They only ended up sending him a $50 gift card. Whatever, it was not worth the trouble of calling again to complain.

However, now we were stuck AGAIN with a $50 gift card. I thought it wasn't worth it to even try using it considering all that we had already been through. However, my boyfriend wanted to use it so on January 24 he placed an order for Dr Martens boots. Originally it said that estimated arrival was mid February. Then we got an update that estimated arrival was March 8. Now it is March 9 and the boots have not even been shipped out. I called customer service and they said that they had not even received the item in order to ship it out. It has been over 6 weeks since we placed the order. This company should obviously not sell items that they do not have and do not know when they will get.

Since placing the order, we decided to move out of state. Of course we assumed that the item would arrive well before our move. Obviously that is not the case. Customer service said that they cannot change the shipping address (even though again it hasn't been shipped yet) and that I should call and cancel the order if it still hasn't shipped out by next week. They assured me that they could cancel the order as long as it hasn't shipped yet despite the fact that in December they said they could not cancel our other order before it was shipped. I am highly skeptical but I will try to cancel next week if it hasn't already shipped. I think that there is a high probability that they will contradict themselves and tell me that they can't cancel, refund, or change the shipping address and that we will just be out of over $100.

I will say that I don't blame the individual customer service representatives. The one that I spoke to today was very nice, even if they couldn't really help me. I think that they are just working for a failing company that is very unorganized. All of this gives me the feeling that I will be seeing a news story about Saks Fifth Avenue going out of business soon.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information