Saks Fifth Avenue

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Place an order 11/22 for Christmas and called 12/17 to be told the order wasn't filled and lost. Placed a new order on the phone to be overcharged $250 and still waiting on my refund as I am now paying finance charges for their mess up. Customer service wait times are incredibly long for a large company and all the reps have nothing but the same card read responses. They told me they need more time and my request is being processed by a higher dept. for 20 days now. I asked to speak with the higher dept. and I was told they are too busy to talk to me. First and last time I will do business with them.

Horrible shopping experience. The front end tries its level best to assist the customer, but the back end is all messed up. I ended up paying for overnight shipping for the messed up back end... they either don't have the product available that they show as available online or it is just a way to attract customers by advertising a promo and actually not offering it. And it needed more emails to reverse the shipping charge that was levied for the delay in shipping on part of Saks.

12/26/2016 I placed an order on Saks.com for a shoes which is on promotion. 12/30/2016 I called the customer service to check the status and the agent sounds like something wrong and transferred me to the Richmond, VA store and told me he will cancel my order. I had no doubt why he did that at that time until I received the wrong shoes. I remember the agent told me the information the customer service gave to him was wrong after I realized the agent charged my credit card twice as much as my original order and then after I told him this can't be right, the agent told me he fixed it without letting me provide the item number even if I told him I can confirm the item number.

1/4/2017 I received the shoes and found out that it is wrong shoes. I called the customer service and asked why the shoes is wrong and the lady claimed that I already requested cancel the order and she has no idea what's going on. When I put all the details together, I realized that this is just a show. Put un-real products information online, direct customer to store and cancel the order, the customer service and store agent play a good show together in front of the customer and then send its customer alternative products. I know Saks doesn't care after speaking with these agents, but I have to speak out.

Their customer service is AWFUL. If you are shopping online, especially as an international customer, I would highly recommend NOT buying anything from Saks online, and instead purchasing directly from the retailer's website. My experience: I'm not a big fan of online shopping but I decided to order some items from Saks online for the first time. I waited about a month, and nothing arrived, and there was no shipping information. I then emailed them regarding this order, and my email was ignored. Then the following week I got an email saying that my order was cancelled. I needed these items in a few days so I asked them if they would guarantee to get me these items by the end of the week if I reordered. Again, they ignored my email. After sending them many emails, they finally responded, said that they have issues with international shipping, and only offered me 10% off my next purchase.

Instead, I ordered my items directly from Jimmy Choo, got excellent customer service, and items arrived in a couple days after I placed my order. I got a better price from them as well. I've also ordered items online from Gucci and got excellent customer service, as well as having my order arrive in a timely manner. I strongly advise you to never shop at Saks online, and purchase directly from the retailer if you actually want to receive your items, and if you want to avoid dreadful customer service.

The worst online shopping experience ever! Placed orders twice for the same item and each time got a confirmation email with order number and then nothing. No item, no email advising of problems, NOTHING. When I called customer service they claimed there was a problem with the website. Then they said it was a problem with payment (although my credit card was charged twice). AWFUL. Avoid Saks Off Fifth website at all costs. Terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

I had 2 negative experiences with Saks as of recent. The first time they charged my bank then notified me that the product I purchased was canceled on their end. It took 5 days for them to reverse that charge. The 2nd time I canceled the order under a 20 minute window they give customers. However, they still charged me for the full amount and now I need to wait 5 days for them to reverse it. Today I spoke with Saks representative TOM ** and when asked if this was ethical to charge customers prior to completion of order he said it was common practice for them to do so in order to validate payment. They need to update their payment practice as other companies only charge $1 to validate.

Placed an order online and wait forever not to get any confirmation email. I called in and talked to one phone representative... he said he wasn't able to locate my order via the phone number or the name provided. So I started questioning him that if the order was never submitted, then how come my credit card got charged. He kept saying maybe the email address I put down was wrong but as long as I ordered the item with the right shipping address. How funny is that?! So I'm not supposed to be getting a confirmation email knowing that I got charged? I shopped at Neiman Marcus and at several other Saks competitor stores and I'm sure i won't come back to Saks ever again.

Ordered a couple of scarves for a gift on 4/Dec, waited for a couple of weeks, nothing arrives. So went to shop site to track the order. It now shows CANCELLED. WTF what is happening here, never be told or noticed by email whatsoever. The worst online shopping experience ever have. BTW, a lot of junk commercial emails since then even didn't subscribe to it email. Advice to avoid shopping with this site.

I used a promotion. The item didn't work. I returned the item and wanted to use the promotion on another item (the promotion period was not expired yet). They refused! Unbelievable. If this happened at Nordstrom (the best store and customer service ever!), they would have gladly permitted this. Saks better watch out. I predict that Nordstrom will be putting them out of business in the next 2 years.

My girlfriend bought me 2 pair of fancy shoes on November 24th to give me as bday gift... The shoes were never delivered, although Saks says they left in front of my building (who left fancy shoes in front of a building?)... There are security cams in my building and I checked it. They weren't stole and there was no registers in the time they said that the shoes were delivered. I spoke to Saks 6 times by chat and they guaranteed me that the shoes will be find, otherwise they will send me new ones and honor the price I paid for them (I have the chat saved). After almost 15 days, they asked me to call their investigation number. My girlfriend called and nobody picked up the line (we left a message in the mailbox, yes customer service with a mailbox).

After it, I went to the chat again and a Saks associate was really rude, saying that I am not allowed to do any shopping at saks.com again and that she can't guarantee that Saks will honor the prices... I sent her the chat proving that another associate guaranteed me that Saks will honor and she said, "I apologize, but we can't guarantee anything," and in 10 business days someone will send me an apologize letter (I don't wanna any apologize, I wanna my problem solved). It is the most unrespectful service I've ever received after almost 20 days just asking just my shoes... I also said that I can go to the store to pick up them, but she said I need to pay regular prices.

I made a purchase with Saks.com for a limited edition pre-order in September 9/2/16. It said when it would ship. The time came and it did not ship. I called and spoke to someone and they said "It will ship. It is a back order now. You just have to wait." A week later it did not ship but the same items I ordered were back up on the site for Pre-Order again and my order is still a Back order. I called customer service and they told me "you don't have to cancel your order because when the merchandise comes in it will be that you receive your order first. We are taking Pre-Orders again because we will be getting in a lot more stock." 2 1/2 months later called, sent emails and no one knows anything except the order will be fulfilled. I have to wait for the stock to come in and they automatically ship it out.

Well three months later I call and they told me that they still don't have any stock for the items I ordered and I asked please check and see if they show any coming in soon. They said "no but when it does you don't have to worry. It will mail out." A few days later I am browsing the site on Saks.com and I see they are selling the merchandise that I was told they I ordered and Saks never mailed it to me because they were waiting for it to restock yet it is on their site clear as day and it is not a pre-order or back order!!! I call and they said they did not know what happened but it was suppose to be mailed out automatically to me first but it didn't. Sorry. Are you kidding me?

This is the WORST STORE IN THE WORLD!!! This is not my first bad experience with Saks.com it is at least the 3rd bad experience it always and consistently bad it just gets worst and worst! I shop everywhere in Selfridges in London. I will shop at Bergdorf, Neiman, Macy's, Bloomingdale, Lord and Taylor & Walmart. All different stores also Outlet stores. I love to shop but my experience with Saks.com is never enjoyable. It is always and consistently a nightmare. THE WORST SHOPPING EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE.

I recently ordered from off fifth Saks Fifth Avenue. I bought two pairs of jeans. I went to the store in Jersey Gardens to return one pair of jeans. I was refused the return. It took over two months to get the item returned online. Corporate office was awful as well. They promised to return phone calls I had to contact them several times before I got return phone calls. They promised confirmation emails that I would get my funds returned to my credit card and no confirmation letter was given. They're a bunch of liars, terrible customer service and very rude. A person in particular that I spoke to at the corporate level was Kayla **.

So, I saw these bad reviews online before I purchased something online and I was like nothing bad ever happens to me when I purchase things online, boy was I wrong. Saks Off Fifth is the WORST store I have ever purchased from. I ordered a Valentino bag. I looked up reviews a few hours later after I purchased it online and found out it was not the real Valentino bag! It was a knockoff! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY WOULD SELL KNOCKOFFS. I called customer service immediately and they told me they couldn't cancel the order even though it was literally just ordered. Now I have to wait for the bag to be shipped to me in a few weeks THEN PAY to return it! Shipping costs $70 to ship it back!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I spoke to a higher official in Saks yesterday and she resolved my matter.

A. of Owings Mills, MD on

Original Review

Attention: If you are **, please boycott Saks altogether. I am a law abiding citizen and I was a victim of racial profiling at one of the Saks stores. About a month ago, I was browsing in the shoe section and I was wearing a pair of Michael Kors flats that I purchased in 2012 (They were mine and I wore those to the store). As I was trying on a beautiful pair of heels, I took off my right MK flat and tried on the heel. My behavior was not suspicious. I was just trying on a pair of cute heels.

As I was trying on my very first pair in the store, a sales associate approached towards me very aggressively. After she approached towards me in the most aggressive manner ever, she asked me " Did you previously had these shoes" pointing towards MY Michael Kors flats. I was shocked and confused and for a second I thought, well maybe she is asking because she likes them and maybe wants to know where I got them from. I then said, "What do you mean", the racist sales associate then replied," Did you had these shoes before you walked in the store" I replied "Yes" and then she walked away. I was so humiliated by that. I went to my friend who was shoe shopping in another section and told her about this altercation.

Meanwhile the racist SA walked over and I said to her "You thought I stole the shoes?" She said "No No, I had a missing shoe thats why I asked." That was a lie and that statement was a cover up. I felt that she advanced towards me trying to accuse me because I was a **. My behavior was NOT even 0.1% suspicious. I started getting sick because it was the first time someone ever tried to accuse me of stealing. I then told the store manager about the altercation, she was understanding but not helpful. I then took this matter all the way to the DM. The DM replied back after 10 days and said that those events were unfortunate but there was no racial profiling. I asked him what promoted the racist SA to ask me that question. He then replied that this matter is now closed. Please avoid Saks if you are **.

I placed the order at Saks Fifth Avenue online. But half month passed and I still didn't receive the package then I decided to cancel the order. I called but was told I can't cancel because they had been shipped. Only thing I can do was to wait to receive and return it. Return by mail, which cost you money, and to store. After I received the package I even didn't open it and brought it to store to return it. But what was more terrible is there was still one lip didn't ship to me! What the sucks! I need to wait to get it and return to store again. But half months passed, no package anymore!

I had to call Saks again. And was told to wait 7 to 14 business day to get the investigation results! The representative was arrogant and not helpful! I won't buy anything at saks. Never! I once bought eye cream at Saks, but there was no problem at that time. This time, some problem happened, but they are not willing to help you, just make you troublesome and wait! It is easy to buy on saks but if you want to return something, Horrible! Stay away from Saks!

My husband bought me earrings for my birthday ahead of time (of course). You usually buy gifts ahead of the date. When I went to return/exchange the earrings, they told me I was over the 30 days (by 5 days) and they would not allow me to even get a store credit. That is unheard of in this day and age. There is way too much competition out there for stores to be making up such ridiculous policies. I will never shop there again and have instructed my husband not to ever set foot in the store again. The earrings were of poor quality for the price. At the very least, the quality should be good but they can't even provide good quality. Never again Saks 5th. Your management is living in the past. You should be going to other stores to see how easy it is to return or exchange things after 30 days.

I returned four items in the same box to Off 5th. I was only refunded for 3. I was given the run-around for over a month, while I was told by one CS agent after another that a video review would be conducted. I continued to contact CS by phone and email and got nothing but BS. I finally contacted the BBB and with no reference to any videos or proof, they simply responded that I did not return the item. I had purchased close to $1000 of merchandise in the past month, which I did not return and they are accusing me of trying to rip them off?

I want a copy of this video that probably never existed to begin with. In that case, with no definitive proof, any other reputable store, would have issued a refund. The item was a bracelet and was probably stolen in the warehouse. I had even gone so far as to describe the fact that the item was probably missed because it wasn't mailed back in original packaging and gave a detailed description of what I did mail it back in. This company has no morals and, based on the other complaints I've seen, should be shut down!

This has got to be the worst customer service out of all the stores. I shop at Bloomingdale's, especially Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor and Neiman Marcus and this is the worst customer service for the online store!!! The only way you get good customer service is if you go into the very high end Saks Fifth Avenue store on Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich CT. They don't carry everything online and usually have the most high end merchandise so you will get assistance in the store but if you are shopping online the customer service is notorious! It seems as if the online part of Saks is running itself. There is not corporation that is connected to their customer care. It just does whatever it wants in regards to the customers. Stay away!

I really like to shop on SAKS FIFTH AVENUE. Good quality, friendly service and the most important great promotion events. But all these didn't happen on my recent order purchased experience. SAKS really need to upgrade their system and service. I had a hard time to dealing with SAKS regard to my order. On my original order that I have purchased online which is successful also received my order # via email.

After a week since the order has been placed I received nothing (no confirmation, no notice, said something wrong) and I called the customer service and had been told by a SAKS sales associate who works at SAKS customer service, that there is a web error occur and has to be replaced. So a SAKS sales associate help me replaced my order by phone. I thought this time I finally can get what I purchased. Unfortunately, after 10 days something happened again. And this time is more complicated. Through all this, I don't feel like I have been treated as a valued customer. Finally, I canceled my order today.

Disgusting how such a company will make $10 dollar ** in low quality apparel. Price it $200 and then show how many times they have reduced so then you think oh... it's an amazing deal. I would guess that apparel sold at Walmart has more quality. Horrible and shame how Versace and Cavalli will play with their names. Cheapest materials you can imagine are used in their apparel.

Now that Saks and Neiman's are owned by Cap1, service is horrible. Well at least Saks. Neiman Marcus seems to be still providing high class service. I ordered a shirt from Saks OFF Fifth's website back in August. I wanted to wear it for a special event. I chose next or two day delivery and the shirt along with a pair of boots that I didn't order showed a week later. I was charged $7.99 for shipping - now mind you I am an account holder. I've never been charged for shipping as an account holder. I returned the shirt and the boots that didn't belong to me and was charged $9 for using the label provided in the box for returns. When I reviewed my statement I saw that I was only credited $6.38 because they had only given me back the cost of the sale item.

I called and the first time the lady just explained $6.38. I called back and a nicer (she even asked my name as the first representative did not) to ask why I was charged $24 but only got back $6. She explained and then suggested I ask for the shipping costs back. I got another representative who was bored with my problem but said they would reimburse the $9 return fee. I will not be ordering anything online from Saks again. Thank goodness we have both stores (Saks and Off Fifth) in my area. NM will get my online business from now on.

The website for this store is now run by Capital One. They are incompetent and dishonest. My account was hacked several times and merchandise was ordered. Someone downloaded my points and brought the print-out to a Saks store where they used them. They could not have provided ID. I became so frustrated with these people that I cancelled my account. I had a credit remaining of $519.40 plus points in the amount of about $150-$250. I was promised that they'd send me a check within 5 days, but while they sent me a letter acknowledging the closure there was no check. Today I got a phone call from an employee of Capital One's fraud department. His name is Wade and his employee number is **. He is a condescending ** who called me a number of times before assuring me that my account was safe. But it's apparently not safe from Capital One employees.

Here's the scam: My account password was changed so many times, according to CO I don't have the right one anymore. I have all the other information, AND WADE CALLED ME THIS MORNING, but I can't get information about the check because I don't have the account number according to them. I can provide a driver's license number and the answer to all four of the security questions they set up in case I lost the account number. But it's not enough. Yet they gave away my points without asking for any ID at all.

The thing is, every time you call them, you have to wait for at least 30 minutes to talk to someone. At this point, if I don't receive a check in the full amount within a week, I will walk down to the Courthouse, which is about 1 mile from my house. and I will file a suit in Small Claims Court. I am a lawyer and my husband is a law professor. As long as it may take, I will pursue my claim against Saks, Capital One, and Wade.

On March 28, 2013 I received my online order. I opened the box and realized they sent me the wrong shoes! I contacted customer service, I was told to email photos of the shoes. I received a reply email from Robin **, a Sacks Associate. On the email she said "our distribution center checked the shoes in their location and are stating that they are correct. However, they did not explain how you may have received the item with the incorrect heel width. As you received the item incorrectly, we can request a pickup". I sent the shoes back. I few days later I received a shipment from Saks. I couldn't wait to try on my new shoes!

I opened the box. On top of the shoebox there was NOTE. A hand written note on a postit stating the shoes I sent back were FAKE and could not process the exchange since I may have purchased the fakes on eBay! My goodness I was devastated. I did not know what to do. Does this really happen?! This was a mistake! I don't buy FAKE crap! An investigation was opened on April 24th by Kevin, an associate. Unfortunately I did not get his last name. The "investigation" didn't go anywhere. I was stuck with fake Christian Louboutin's. My husband took over. He dealt with Eliot **, Saks Direct Team Manager. After endless phone calls and emails, the issue got resolved on May 15, 2013. Eliot ** made it seem as he was doing us a favor! Total jerk. I will NEVER purchase from Saks.

I went to look a designer bag but the customer service are terrible! I personally went to Louis Vuitton and Prada. When I got in my first store (Louis Vuitton) they DO NOT greet or ask about what I was looking for!!! I had to ask a question in order to make them speak up!!! Same happened when I got in my second store (Prada). I waited around half an hour to get help and never gave me any recommendation and if I wouldn't ask them the sales doesn't even speak up!!! Anyway I finished the purchase in Prada spending over $1000. I was in a hurry. If not I wouldn't recommend ANYONE buying ANYTHING in that place. Even normal retail stores are wayyy nicer. What a terrible customer service!!!

Very upset about their fine print in return policies. I bought two of the same exact dress for my daughter's wedding for $405.00 each and returned one past 30 days. One I bought in April size 14 and the other in May size 16. I returned the April purchase within the same season 45-60 days tops and they give you back about 1/4 of the price? Other high end department store like Nordstrom does not have such stipulations. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the dress and I returned it in June well before the season was over. They took over 3 weeks to credit my account.

The original 5 pictures posted on GILT website, I carefully zoom in every single picture until see nothing major damage to place an order. However when I received the actual merchandise, what a disappointing! The below pictures shown the front corner leather broken, the back left and right corner edge also broken, as well as the from cover right upper area seeing the scratch the skin is peeling.

I know this is an used merchandise, but according to the details description on the website, it's indicated an excellent condition like a brand new, I did not see any damages like those described above. Is this a SCAM? CRAFTY DECEIVE? Where are those damages hiding? This Name brand purse is not $34, not $340, it’s $3,400! I believe no one will like to be full like this. I urge for the return with FULL REFUND. How it was paid, how it should be returned in the same way. I trusted the GILT name is the same as the SAKS FIFTH AVE, the business should be respectful and thankful.

The store sold me some designer shoes that were very narrow, also defective (they squeak a very loud noise). I wish I can attach video but I probably will attach on Instagram. The shoes were a very expensive brand 1000 k. After several attempts nothing is happening. Well it looks like I might be taking them to small claim if I don't get this resolve!

I paid $40.68 for defective shoes. For having to return them because the strap on one of the shoes is defective it cost me $17.49 for shipping costs ($7.99 for the original shipping and another $9.50 to return a defective product!). Do not purchase from this company unless you want to risk paying double shipping and be left with no product. If the company is selling a defective product they should be refunding the whole amount! I am sure they will turn around and sell my returned item to another person. I am sorry I did not come across all these complaints before my original purchase.

Just like J.S., I too had an appalling experience with customer service of Saks' online store. I attempted to purchase an item on 23 July 2013. During the online purchase process, I was asked to select a method of payment. I selected PayPal (which has been my preferred choice of payment method for the last 10 years). Once my PayPal payment had been approved/authorized in favor of Saks i.e. monies (equivalent to the purchase price) from my PayPal account had been reserved for Saks, I was then directed to another page to finalize the purchase. This is where the problem commenced. Upon confirming the order, an "error" message came up (I think that this was due to a technical glitch in their system) and my purchase did not go through. I was not given an order number, nor did I receive any form or correspondence from Saks acknowledging my order.

However, upon accessing my PayPal account, I saw that monies were still reserved in favor of Saks. Therefore, I sent an email to customer service. To cut a long story short, I was told to place a new order (with further payment) in that my other order did not go through. As for monies already reserved for Saks via PayPal, I would have to wait 10-14 days for the reservation on the same to be lifted (depending on my bank). Given that the order never completed i.e. I never received an order number or order confirmation so normal terms and conditions of sale do not apply as there is no contract, Saks had a duty to immediately access their PayPal account (which, by the way, a lady at customer service said they do not have!), click on my PayPal transaction and cancel the same.

In this manner, the hold placed on monies would have been lifted and I would have been free to use such monies again. I tried to explain to customer service that in this instance (i.e. Saks being at fault), their normal 10-14 days wait does not apply and that a purchase made with PayPal as a method of payment is not the same as making a purchase with a credit card but my explanations fell on deaf ears. I was even told that I must contact PayPal to have reservation/hold on monies in favor of Saks lifted! Saks has a serious problem if this is what they have trained their staff to say. I suggest that they send their customer service staff on a PayPal course on how to deal with PayPal payments. Bottom line, what Saks has done is bordering on theft.

I have made purchases on this website before which it's fine. Last Saturday I ordered two pairs of shoes and applied two promo codes. Thought I would save some money. I got the confirmation email right away and put the whole thing behind me. After 6 days I thought their shipping was a little slow so I logged into my account only to find out my order is cancelled, for absolutely no reason. I haven't got any emails about the cancellation. The items I ordered are still in stock. I just don't understand why they are doing this.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Profile