1.07/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

238 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I used to be a faithful shopper to this company, till one day they decided not to refund my money back. I'm not only talking about $3. The item amount was $695. So a return was made. After a month of not hearing anything back from them I decided to call and find out what was going on, all I got was "Oh sorry about the inconvenience. Let me file a claim for you". I was told to wait 14 days in order for me to receive my money back. 14 days went by I called again, I got the same crap over and over. So far it's been 2 months of calling and I always get the apology and will work on it. Is it time for me to take it to the next level and sue the company? Don't buy from this company. They steal people's money.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Although you think you're saving a bunch of money on what you think is a great deal, it is definitely not worth your money and especially your time. Be prepared to get to know what online shopping should never be like: Your orders will be cancelled constantly. Each time you will speak to a very incompetent customer service representative with bad English, and you will be given a different reason why your each order was cancelled.

All "cancelled" orders will still appear in your bank and won't clear out for weeks to come. It may even take up to a month. You will have to call each time to to request to release these "unsuccessful" payments. They will show as "pending" and if you have a credit limit - you are screwed. You will be mailed the wrong item. The return process will take forever. The refund will take even longer. It's like doing business with a crook. You will lose your precious time. You might have a nervous break down. Luxury is all about high quality, high standards and comfort - this not what Saks 5th is about.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Bought online. Had wrong size written down by Saks. Gave as gift so had no idea. Over 30 days since ordered so they won't do anything at all. Really bad customer service. Jimmy Choo Slip-On Stiletto Booties 0400093981472. Size: 38.5 (8.5). It's really size 8!!! Guess I should not trust what is written ever!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

This is what I attempted to send to Saks Customer Service email address. It is so fitting, it came back as a bad address, and I got it off their own website! Here is my letter, sent today October 27: "I ordered shoes for an important event that I am flying to Texas for on October 28 early am. The shoes are for the special event. Order date: October 17; Estimated arrival date: October 25. During the wait, I never received an email from Saks telling me the package was on the way, or giving me a tracking number. I finally went on your website to make sure the order was actually placed!

Normally, with Amazon, Nordstrom, Wayfair, Nieman Marcus, etc., the estimated arrival date is either right on, or the product arrives early. I had two extra days to spare so I did not even consider ordering next day or 2-day air. On Oct 26, when I checked the tracking again, the shoes were in a city in California. Now, today the tracking says they are in Tracy, California. I called your customer service department at about 9:45 am, and the person (male, Spanish accent) said he would email me in 20 minutes with the information. I asked if he could reroute the package to Texas if it wasn’t coming today. He took down address information in case it needed rerouting. I never received that email from him. I went back on the Saks website, and NOW it has a new arrival date of November 3!

At 12:00, I called again and was put on hold for 1/2 hour waiting for a supervisor to see if I could get some resolution. Finally, “Oscar **” a “manager”, picked up my call and was totally disinterested, not friendly, and not at all helpful with a solution to the problem. He fell back on telling me why it shipped 4 days after the order was placed - something about going through Saks “security” for 4 days - and finally after keeping me on the line with excuses, when asked, he admitted there was nothing to do.

This is Saks 5th Avenue??? Not the one I used to know. Your handle on FEDEX is non-existent, and your attention to the customer is also non-existent. No emails during the wait? No one high up enough with a brain in their head who can think out of the box to get me the shoes I need in time for this event??? You have lost me as a customer. I will tell everyone I know about the huge lack of customer service that exists with your company now. It is sad."

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After purchase two tuxedos and returning them for over 5 weeks, they still have not credit my account. I call every week and the customer services representatives confirms items were received and would process the credit to my credit card. This has continued to happen every time I call. They give me a reference number and advise me to wait 5 to 7 business days and credit will be processed. When I call again 7 days after the customer service representative says that the previous representative did not send the request. This same information has been given to me 4 different times. I am so frustrated and will not recommend for anyone to use this company again. It is very unfortunate that no one from corporate address this poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

On October 13th, I purchased Burberry puffer parka coat for $625. I haven't seen this kind of price on the coat for 20 years. So I bought it. And day after they changed the description of the item and two days later, they changed the picture of the item. They changed it from fox fur trim coat to cardigan. On October 24th I received the CARDIGAN. If the company made a mistake of putting wrong price of the item, they should contact the customer and say they are sorry. They simply changed the description of the item and picture of the item, and send different item. What they didn't know was I took a screenshots of every single incidents of Saks Fifth Ave. I am not going to spend my money to support dishonest company. No one should.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

On September 15, 2017 I ordered 5 pairs of jeans from Saks Fifth online. 2 pairs didn't fit and I returned them using provided return label. On September 29 I received email that both pairs are received by return department and that credit was issued. After checking my credit card account I didn't find any credit. Four phone calls and multiple ignored emails I still unable to get my money back.

BTW, all associates are extremely friendly but useless in resolving any issue. They all say the same, "We will send request to return department." On my fourth call I requested to issue credit while I am on the phone... no... they don't do that. They need 3 people to issue manual refund and they don't know why refund was not processed.

According my account both items have status: RETURNED. If I could I would put zero star. I would never order from Saks Fifth. I shared this information with all my friends and coworkers. It was my last purchase from Saks Fifth. Last two customer associates I spoke with are Bryan and Adam. Really don't know what to do at this point.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I placed an order on 10/9... Shipping Rush and registered the account. They sent me a confirmation of the order, but when I went on the account it said I had no order history! So I called them today 10/19 to find out where order is. They said they are looking for the item and as soon as they find the items they will ship. What does that mean? Do they not have inventory? My Credit card has been charged. Total scam... Buyer beware. The prices might be good but it won't matter if the order does not arrive.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

It's unbelievable that a retail corporation worth billions would have the most unprofessional customer service representatives. It's like they're trained to say, "Hi, Welcome to Saks Fifth Avenue." and that is it. I called NYC Brookfield over four times. (I'm actually still on the phone trying to find a particular Moncler kids jacket) I even started off by chatting online with a stylist from the location and I asked did they have the Moncler Mocha jacket in Big girls and if so what sizes do they have available?

She goes "I'm not too sure what you mean by big girls?" Hun, on your site sizes 10,12,14 are classified as BIG GIRLS. Somehow, the connection was lost and our conversation was deleted. I am now calling once again to figure out if the jacket is in store. Transferred to the wrong department, now still on hold. SAKS FIFTH AVENUE just give up with retail and customer service stick to your holiday representation only!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

** your billing department! I wasted whole weekend and spent $4000+ on this stupid website, ** you!!! They continuously canceled my several orders and just sent me emails. Said that my credit card authorization things. The ** ridiculous thing is that my single dress belt order were admitted but other orders like suits and T-shirts were all being canceled, and suits were even out of stock when I try to reorder them. ** you! Without suits why I bought those accessories? Afraid of fraud? Then don't do these ** businesses again. You are wasting your God's precious time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I ordered 3 shirts from Saks Fifth Avenue from internet. I was going to receive them 9/18/2017. I did not receive the items or any other info thru e-mail or call. 9/25/2017 I called them. After 20 minutes waiting Customer service rep. told me they were sorry, he did not know what happened, my items were ready to ship but it was not going to ship and they were going to let me know when it is shipped. I told him I was going to wait 24 hours. If I do not get any e-mail or call from them I was dispute the charges to my credit card. I still did not hear from them. I think they have serious problems. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I purchased online order. Received two boxes with complete wrong items-someone else's and called them to report. They told me to put return label and send it all back in one box and I will get $25 gift card and a refund since I have to order again. I waited for two and half months for a refund and received only gift card. I ended up opening a claim on PayPal since I paid thru them and the company just send confirmation that the package was delivered. I have confirmation that the package was returned but I lost battle with the company thru paypal since I didn't open the claim before returning the package. I am out of $134 of my own money which I paid, returned the items wrong order value over $300 and that was it.

If you get wrong items do not return to them. Be careful before returning and open a claim if you pay with paypal. I spent over $3000 in the last 4 months at their store and I am no longer their customer. They are filled with scams. I even bet the employees took my items and are wearing them as we speak. They send items from stores and it's easy to mix it up and the customer is never right and left without an apology and money. I will never shop at Saks Off Fifth again in my life. I am not interested in their scams anymore.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I've been using Saks for several years and they suddenly keep cancelling my order. I contacted the customer service several times and they told me that their security team would contact me to verify the shipping address, and once it is confirmed, the items I ordered would be processed. However, I never received a call from their security service, and my order got cancelled again. I placed order again and tried to contact several times to confirm the order but all I heard from them is that their security team would contact me again. I asked them to transfer my call to the security team, but they said it was not allowed.

I googled the number and found their security team contact, and called them. I explained the issues for my recent orders and the first word I got from her is "HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER". And then she just said that there was anything she could too since my case was not assigned to her, and if needed, security team would contact me. I don't understand why they just cannot verify when the customer call to them and keep saying that security team which never contact customer will call you if they need to verify your information. I'm wondering if I will get the confirmation email for my order or another canceled order without any notification.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I ordered a bag online and returned it within 30 days. I'm being charged $9.95 for return shipping and $4.68 in interest - on an item I returned!! I had a zero balance prior to this order and I'm an account holder. I've been shopping at Saks for years, but after this I'm not shopping there again!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I happen to witness male employee (I think his name was Cristopher) bullying nice and pleasant female employee in contemporary department. I actually just did finish talking to her and she was very professional and helpful. Male employee was yelling and there were some other personnel and customers around. We were all stunned with this extremely unprofessional and aggressive behavior from male employee (I was later inform from other employee that his name was Cristopher something). He was calling female employee "stupid dog face " and other derogatory names.

I could never believed that this kind of behavior can be tolerated in Saks by store managers and supervisors. Typical example of bullying. I would suggest that female employee (I think her name was Jenny) bring this male employee imbecile and retarded behavior to attention of her supervisors and corporate HQ in NY or HBC HQ. Incredible, truly really incredible behavior.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This was my first ever purchase from Saks Fifth Avenue, and unfortunately it was very unsatisfying. I purchased a pack of baby swaddle blankets on sale and was super happy with my selection and the price, and I eagerly awaited their arrival. Then two weeks later (and a few days after the blankets were supposed to arrive) I got an email that my order was cancelled. Bummer. I checked their website and saw that the color of blankets I had chosen was now sold out, but the same blankets from the same company in the same pattern, but in a different color (blue instead of gray) were in stock! Unfortunately, they were no longer at the sale price at which I had purchased them.

I tried to send them an email via their contact page to ask if they could honor the sale price I paid and ship me the blue color blankets, but, when I submitted it, the link turned out to be broken. So, I tried again... Same result. So then I tried to contact them via the chat option on their website and after waiting a bit (5-10 minutes) I was connected with someone. Unfortunately, I was told they would not substitute the blue blankets for the gray ones I had ordered at the price I had originally paid even though they are otherwise exactly the same blankets! Ugh... A company that can't keep accurate track of its inventory, and can't accommodate reasonable exchange requests isn't worth bothering with. Will avoid them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Watch out people DO NOT SHOP AT SAKS. This the most horrible and unprofessional company in the whole country. If you want to regret your shopping experience, be my guest. You can get rip off and never gonna get your money back, like they did with me. I purchased the men's bracelet 3 months ago for $1,080. They sent me wrong bracelet, I returned it the next day by mail, and since that day I never receive my refund. So many calls to customer service and many talks with supervisors and filed complaint to BBB, nothing happened still they refuse to refund me, saying that they send me the right item.

I don't know what else to do, or who I need to talk to get justice. It really sucks when shop at Saks. People out there just be smart. Do not Shop at Saks, they don't work for customers, all they need your money what happen after that they don't care. I honestly don't understand who their management work. I was wondered if they read customer's reviews online about their company.

Original review: July 29, 2017

First I would like start by saying that this store has one of the most unskilled, rude, slow, and broken English customer service ever!! My order went wrong since I placed it, it was supposed to be "rush" delivery / 2 business days. I placed my order on a Friday received a confirmation email and it showed my order was supposed to arrive on Wednesday then it was already Wednesday and they hadn't even shipped my order!! So I called and was on the phone for like an hour and got the rep to finally understand that my order needed be sent then after that they finally mailed it and I received it THE NEXT Wednesday. After I paid for two day shipping it took a whole week and a half to received the order, then when I FINALLY receive it ONE OF MY ITEMS IS MISSING!! Then I call customer service AGAIN!!!

With the broken English their customer service doesn't know anything and they all say something different. It was the worse shopping experience I've ever had. I'm NEVER giving them my business AGAIN!!! Never!!! So they tell me they have to make a report and that it'll take like 10-14 to get a response after they do an investigation and then they'll decide what to do??? Like I was lying, THEN after exactly 14 days they investigated and confirmed the item wasn't shipped so they approved a refund after THAT I have to wait ANOTHER 14 days for the refund to be posted into my account!! It was a big amount that charge was just in my card for more than a month! Such a bad way to treat your loyal customers such a high end store can't afford to provide excellent customer service, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom have way better customer service than this store. Please Do not shop here!!! They don't deserve your business and they don't value customers.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I bought shoes from Saks Fifth Ave on 07/11/2017 then on 07/17/2017 I decided return the purchase. When I bought the shoes they looked little bit worn out, however it was a good price for such shoes. It was not the first time when I am buying stuff from this store in such (used) condition. However, when I tried to return them the store manager said that the shoes are worn out and the sticker was damaged! What??? I used to buy lots of stuff here and I've never returned anything!! Now after I've experienced horrible attitude from the store management I would never ever come back here again!! It was my very last purchase.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Return policy - Very disheartening that a luxury store such as Saks Fifth Avenue at the Bal Harbour Mall in Miami Florida discriminates and stereotypes their customers. My husband and I purchased a pair of designer sneakers that did not fit. The lady had to take out the soles and convinced me that this would make it fit. Unfortunately wearing it was uncomfortable and gave my pinky toe a swollen reaction. The lady there knew the side of the shoes were scuffed and did not show us this because she wanted the sale.

We were shopping for my husband so I believed in their product that it would be new. She packaged them without showing us the other foot of shoe that took her forever to locate. They refused to take it back. The same lady was rude stating she knew we were going to an event so she knew they were worn. We left the shoes at the store and we have the receipt. That same day I contacted corporate headquarters for them and they indicated to allow the manager of the store to call first to assist before escalating further. I left a message for the manager Diana ** and she did not call, only a very mean assistant manager who had made up his mind prior to speaking to me that they were not accepting the shoe back. The shoes are presently at the store. However I received a bill from them for the shoes which I'm refusing to pay. I work for a social media network and I will make it my business to spread the word about Saks business practice.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Order rejected after promised delivery date. Stated credit card declined. It was already on my bill and credit card company stated they approved 2 hours on the phone said would reorder but would need to wait 2 weeks to get $75 refund with original order special price. Four hour on the phone finally agreed to give the discount directly and two of the promised sample with the order. Told I would get it expedited in 2 days.

A week later I did not get it. It was at Fedex. After another 41 minutes on the phone the Fedex supervisor called and said he would deliver it to me at home himself win a half hour. He did deliver it in one hour. The promised samples which were part of the lure to buy the product were not included. Another 20 minutes on the phone and I am promised an email. This is not the first time I have had a problem ith Sas online. Wrong items and several weeks after the promised expedited delivery. This is my last order from them since my experiences are not just isolated instances. Orderer beware!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I ordered a wallet online a few weeks ago. It had to be cancelled because they couldn't ship to P.O. boxes in Canada. So I tried to re-order and the wallet was out of stock. So I had called a customer sales rep and the person I spoke with told me I'd have to call the San Francisco Saks to place my order since they had it in stock. Which was strange. Why would I have to go out of my way and call long distance. Anyway, he gave me the wrong hours. Said they were closed and told me they were 3 hours ahead which would've been 11pm, umm no it was actually 7pm since I was calling MST and it was 8pm here. He obviously was from overseas somewhere. And didn't understand.

I tried to re-purchase the next day and it said that the item may or may not ship to me because of inventory issues. So I had to wait again. Finally, I got confirmation it was in stock and was being sent to me. I checked the tracking info and twice it said "verifying recipient's address. Slight delay may occur." A few days went by still no change. I called Canada Post to open an investigation to see where my package was. And they mentioned they're may have been an issue with the bar code or the label was smudged?! Weird! They said to contact the sender and ask them to open an investigation which when I spoke with them said they did and then the lady from customer care called me back and said they couldn't get a hold of Canada Post. Like what the hell??

I'm so confused at this point. I have emailed Saks 5 times regarding this issue and spoke with Canada Post 3 times just for one stupid parcel that these people at Saks cannot seem to figure out what happened to my package. I'm extremely upset with their customer service or better yet their lack of. I shouldn't have to be hunting down this package everyday especially when no one is able to give me answers. I've ordered from Nordstrom no problem many times. And will never order from Saks again. Being that they are a high end store their customer service is very low end. I'd probably receive better customer service at Wal-Mart or something. Terrible first online experience ever! Do not order from Saks! They need to get it together and have people who work in customer service actually know what they're doing!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I had a very poor experience at Beachwood, OH store regarding Christian Louboutin shoes that were on sale. I live in NY so I was there. Husband was at Cleveland Clinic and found a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes marked down from $995.00 to $674.50. I decided to purchase them but the woman said they were "pre sell" so when I got home to upstate NY, I called her the next day. She charged the shoes to my MasterCard and said she's ship them out. I have an online account with Capital One and checked to make sure she charged them and she CHARGED THEM TWICE! I had over $1,200.00 charged on my card for this purchase. I was so upset, I called her and she did not believe me.

She asked me for a screen capture of my Capital One account but I have no cell so husband went to the library to make a copy to send her but he got locked out of the account. We were beside ourselves. I had to call the Fraud unit at Capital one which is in another country, explained to them what SHE had did and then another unit called "investigative" called me back. It was a mess! They had to credit me for one pair of shoes I never purchased, mailed Saks a statement which they ignored and finally we got a hold of the shoe manager at Saks and she said she would credit me but only after she went "upstairs" to look at the master computer? What is that? It went on for months which locked up my Capital One card because I was close to maxing it out.

Saks employees do not know what they are doing. Their website is a mess. They sent me the wrong handbag before. The color was wrong and another thing I had a problem with Chanel makeup. They said they would charge to me as I had items on hold and they never did. Limited edition and I lost out! The website is whacky. They have the wrong prices on things and the wrong totals of ounces of cosmetics as well. Their webmaster needs to be fired. Very poor and upsetting experience. I suffer from anxiety. I was shaking and had to take my medications. I don't shop at Saks anymore.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Do not shop from them. I ordered an item 1 month ago still have not received anything. I have called their customer service center 7 times!! They all say the same thing, apologize, tell me they will call me with an update within 24 hours and it never happens. These people are unethical and dishonest.

Original review: June 16, 2017

If I could give negative stars I would! I placed an order for a pair of Gucci sandals on May 12, with a promise of a shipping date of June 3rd since they were back ordered (every other place was back ordered until November). Paid through PayPal and since they were a birthday gift for my boyfriend, I shipped them to his house but the billing address was my address.

On May 15, I got an email from Saks saying I needed to update my payment info. I called their 877 number and spoke to a woman who took my credit card info and assured me their system would be updated. I never received a new confirmation email which I found odd, so I called them again a few days later. The man I spoke with told me that I would be receiving a phone call from a customer service rep within 72 hours to confirm my new payment method. After five days past, no phone call so I call them again. This time I speak with a woman who says that they never call to confirm new payments but I should have received an email. She has her manager look into the notes on my account and confirms that my new payment method was accepted. June 3 (the day my order was supposed to ship) comes and I receive nothing saying that the order has been shipped.

The following day I call their 877 number, and the woman I speak with comes to the line and says "I'm sorry ma'am but your order has been cancelled." When I ask why she tells me my bank would not allow the payment to go through. I say that's ridiculous since I have more than enough money in my account (mind you this never showed up on my account as a pending charge which I also found very strange). I tell her to run the card again because there must be a mistake and she tells me that the shoes are now out of stock. They don't have a pair in any stores and she is sorry.

I call my bank and they inform me that no purchase has been declined, in fact Saks never tried running a purchase through in the first place. Now I'm livid. I call back and explain to another customer service representative my whole experience, from day one, and how my card was never run. She puts me on hold and comes back and says their security cancelled my order because the billing address didn't match the shipping address and that the two must match. I'm dumbfounded, I'm sending these shoes as a gift, the recipient lives in another town, why can't I ship them to someone and why am I given an opportunity to put a different shipping address than a billing address if this isn't allowed?! I ask to speak with her manager. A woman with a horrible attitude gets on the phone and tells me that there's nothing she can do to help me and she's going to add me to the end of the list of people waiting for these shoes. To the end!

She also tells me that once the order was flagged my shoes were given to someone else. I ask her why I never received any indication of my order being cancelled? She tells me that they just cancelled it that morning, I explain that they were supposed to be shipped the previous day, she tells me I'll be getting that email soon. It's now 2 weeks later, still haven't received it. I called corporate, left a message with a man who was writing them an email to call me, never got that call. I called another manager who promised me a call back, never got that.

Finally after writing a letter on Facebook someone contacted me. She was looking into the matter. She told me if they didn't have the shoes she would offer me 20% off another pair of shoes. Two days later she emails me saying that the shoes are sold out completely but she can give me 20% off of the white pair (I ordered them in black). I wrote back to her saying if I wanted them in white I would have ordered them in white, I would consider buying a black pair of a different brand. Never heard back from her after. I bought a pair at Bloomingdale's and it was a breeze. In my opinion I think Saks never got the shoes in. Their customer service department is all over the place, not trained and misinformed. The worst retail experience ever! I will never ever shop here again.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Do not buy online from SAKS. I returned a jacket at the post office June 3rd, 2017. Today is June 13th. When I track package "Still in Transit". Saks has the post office hold until they dispatch their own shipper to pick up at the post office. Meanwhile I pay interest on a expensive jacket for 3 weeks. What a SCAM. When you call the 1-800 number no matter what selection you make it acknowledges nothing and goes back to phone greeting. Low class store.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I tried to communicate and resolve an issue I have with recently purchased designer sunglasses with customer service, which sadly Saks is transferring overseas to a very difficult to understand customer service person whom I could barely communicate. I didn't get anything resolved, she could hardly hear or understand me and I could barely understand her. I asked to speak to a manager but was told that they were unavailable. It was obvious by the background sounds and conversations that there was no store manager available because the call wasn't even going to someone the U.S. I was so frustrated I had to end the conversation. Why has Saks gone this route? Why not keep customer service in your store where we shop? They used to be a great place to shop and do business, what happened? Very disappointed.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Over a month ago I ordered a Prada wallet and received a Tory Burch handbag instead. I called and was instructed by a customer service rep in broken English to return the bag with all of the packaging. I did so, and 2 weeks later received the bag back in the mail stating Saks could find no proof I purchased the bag. I wasted another hour of my life on the phone trying to explain to another non English speaking rep that Saks sent me back my return. They put me on hold for a half hour, refused to let me speak to a Supervisor, then another person came on the phone asking where my Prada wallet was sent to? Hello??? I ordered it from you!!! I was so very frustrated. I called my credit card company and am letting them get me my refund. Done and Done! Never again.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Extremely bad experience ordering online and still no order. Called 5 times to customer service to explain the problem and they were supposed to have helped me and re-order my item and again they failed miserably. Now the item is out of stock... inexcusable failure on their part... very bad experience. I'm quit shopping at Saks.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I have been a Saks Fifth Avenue card holder since 1991. Several months ago I made a larger payment on my account and for whatever reason remembered it as the balance - apparently I still had a nominal balance of something like $200. The e-statements had gone to my junk mail. I happened to check my junk this am and saw the bill so I logged on to pay - I think I was 50 days late - they had closed my account!!! I paid the small balance and called to inquire - was told that I would need to reapply. This is such poor customer service in my estimation - that I wouldn't have received a phone call something - especially considering that just 3 months prior I had made quite a large payment. It would have been clear that there was no financial distress, etc - horrible, horrible customer service. I'll take my Amex and go back to Neiman Marcus!

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information