2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Stay away from purchasing anything online through Saks!! My boyfriend ordered a purse for me recently off the Saks Off Fifth website, paid for it, paid for the shipping and the customs (we're in Toronto, Canada). Firstly, it took very long for the purse to get here, and once it got here, it was the WRONG item!! When I tried to call them, I kept getting placed on hold, they would not put me through to a manager as apparently there was only one manager on duty and the wait time was even longer and I spent a total of 2.5 hours on the phone with no favourable outcome for me. They were NOT able to ship me out the correct item and claimed that all they could do for me is offer a refund, but I'd have to pay for both customs and shipping myself again!! How absurd it that?! The charges ended up being over $50 for an item that was $250, just to return it! I'm left with no replacement, and a $50 out of pocket fee with nothing to show for it.

This was my first experience ordering off of their website, and it will surely be my last! I've shopped at both Saks and Saks Off Fifth many times, but after the hassle they put me through, I have no motivation to even go back to their stores! Why support a company that clearly does not care for their customers?! The more I talk about this experience with friends and people on social media, I find similar experience, so do yourself a favour, and simply stay away from Saks online purchases!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Warning for really bad service! I returned a dress two months ago and haven’t got my money back. I have been in contact with the customer service several times and they promise to solve it but nothing happens. I still haven’t got my credit. I will NEVER shop at Saks again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2021

Saks eventually and rightfully refunded the amount owed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

WARNING. Terribly run business, horrible customer service. Purchase your clothing and accessory from another department store, not Saks Fifth Avenue. Saks Fifth Avenue has forever lost my future business. Can never reach a live customer representative in any department. No one in the store, in multiple different departments, picks up the phone. Customer service 800 number is outside of the store and appears to be outsourced to the Philippines and repeatedly transfers you to a line inside the store that no one answers - just rings & rings & rings. Customer service never comes back on the line you’re your transferred call is not connected.

Purchased 3 suits and had them altered by Saks' tailor. Sales representative represented to me he would call me when the suit alterations were completed and ready for pick-up. I never received a call from my sales representative. Went to pick up suits and it was obvious to both me and Saks’ tailor the pant legs in all 3 suits were altered several inches too short. Pants were supposed to be redone by Saks' tailor. Suits were supposed to be Fed Ex'd to me. I never received suits via Fed Ex on the date promised by Saks representative.

I had to make voluminous calls to Saks to find out where my suits were. I eventually was told by a Saks representative that my suits were "misplaced." Suits were eventually found and Fed Ex'd to me, however, when received pant legs on one suit still 2 inches too short, and another suit pant legs on one leg was 3/4" inch longer than the other. Had to pay another tailor to alter pant legs to suits. Saks now refuses to refund my alteration charges even though it was Saks’ error, twice, and I had to pay another tailor to correct Saks’ tailoring errors. This is fraud by Saks Fifth Avenue - pay Saks for services you never received! Take your clothing and accessory business elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I placed 3 orders with a discount code on Thursday, had two of them confirmed, and one subsequently cancelled due to claiming the item is out of stock. I checked online and my item was NOT out of stock. I called customer service the next morning to find out why 2/3 of my orders were cancelled and they said there were no notes in the system so they would have someone reach out to me within 24-48 hours to clarify. She did confirm that 1/3 of my order was successfully confirmed, being processed at the warehouse, and will be dispatched for shipping shortly. I was upset that 2/3 of my orders had cancelled but at least I was promised that someone would reach out to me and that 1/3 of my orders were on its way soon.

Later in the day on Friday, I noticed my credit card was refunded for all 3 payments so I called in to customer service again. This time the rep said all 3 of my orders were cancelled without reason. I asked her to pull the record of my earlier conversation with the other rep and she said she would be able to provide a 15% discount on my next order to make up for the false information I was provided. However, my discount that was applied to my orders (before they were cancelled) were of much greater value than that and they were not valid for use again since they had expired by then. She said there was nothing else she could do but she could have a supervisor reach out to me within 24-48 hours.... Sounds familiar right? This time I knew to ask for a case number and email confirmation that someone will indeed contact me. It has now been over 2.5 days and I have not heard a single word.

This is extremely disappointing as I have no reason to believe they are taking my case seriously and are not dodging my issue. Saks carries some great products, but given they are sold on nearly every competitor site and Saks very much so lacks in the customer service department, I am extremely unsure of ever recommending them to anyone unless someone from Saks can contact me to resolve this matter.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I ordered glass bowl that came damaged. Called customer service, sent pictures to support, was told I am going to receive refund within 2 weeks. The person confirmed the pictures received and confirmed the damage. After 1 month still no refund. Called customer service 6 times already and no help.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I placed order number ** which included a blazer and a pair of shoes. Subsequently, I received two emails to cancel the items on the basis that the items are not available. I checked online and I found that the shoes in the size I ordered was not available, however, I was surprised to see that the blazer was available in my size.

My experience with customer care was surprising for a reputable organization such as Saks. I called the customer care center 6 times. Two times on 19 Jan and 4 times on 20 Jan. On 19 Jan I waited one time for over 2 hours and no one answered. On 20 January I called 4 times. Three times it was disconnected while I was waiting and on the fourth time, I finally spoke with an agent. I explained to her the situation she asked me to hold the line while she checks. I waited for 20 to 30 minutes and then the line was disconnected again.

On 19 Jan at night, I tried the chat option and I had a message that it was not available. The next day I tried again and the agent could not explain what happened. She told me that the item was not available in size I ordered. I explained to her that it is but the price reflected became 375 USD instead of 300 USD when I purchased it. I also sent an email to Saks service when I received the cancellation email and I received no response.

I feel like my order was canceled to have me buy the item at a higher price after I had a confirmed and paid order. I hope this is not the case as this indicates an issue of trust. I then filed a formal complaint on the website on 20 Jan, Case Number: ** and until this date, no response is received. I found this to be a very unprofessional way to handle customers especially after spending an hour to select my items.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I purchased a gift for a family member back on January 4th and had 2 day shipping through shop. I never received the item. I have been in contact with customer service every week for the past 4 weeks. The customer service Dept is based out of Africa and every time I call they tell me the same story it’s being processed. My 807.00 is being processed and they lie every day and tell me it’s been approved and then they hang up on you.. So here we are today same story. No refund but it’s been approved or processed

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I ordered women’s sneakers October 26th, 2020. I received them within a few days. The day they were received, I tried them on, and they were too large so I repacked and returned same day. A month later, Saks stated that the package was currently lost, but would still issue a refund, due to the circumstance showing usps shoes still in transit somewhere. I received a gift certificate on December 15th.

I called to explain that I didn’t request a gift certificate. They apologized, and stated that since the shoes were found/returned that they will issue a credit and cancel the gift card. Two weeks later I called to inquire why I had still not received a refund. They stated that since it is PayPal, they do not have access to process a direct refund as they do not have the account information. A manger was requested. She then stated that she can process a refund direct to my PayPal account, and to allow 14 business days. Today is January 25th, 2021. They now have to call PayPal to ask why the refund hasn’t gone through. I’m at a complete loss. I ordered the shoes October 26th, 3 months later still waiting for a refund... Buyers beware of ordering from them on-line.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Bought a Staub cocotte online for the holidays. They sent a BROKEN Staub cocotte and still no refund after a month. Said the refund was issued and initially asked me to wait 10 business days. 15 business days and many phone calls/online chats later, they still told me to wait "2 business days" and even suggested that I go to my bank. What a ridiculous experience! Do yourself a favor and don't shop with them, online or offline.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I placed an order with several items and 2 were missing, but I got 10 sets of toddler pants that I didn’t order. I called to get a shipping label to return said items and report missing items. I shipped pants back to them but after calling their customer service dept. on several occasions, they never refunded my money for missing items. Total was about 70.00, this happened in August 2020 and I recently received letter in January 2021 stating they did research and would not be refunding my money.

Their proof was that package was delivered. Yes, package was delivered, you sent me the wrong items which I returned to your company and I never received my refund. Also, their customer service department is atrocious, they would hang up on me several occasions. I don’t know if there was a bad connection because it appeared they were not in the states. I probably spent 3 to 4 hours of my life contacting them during this whole process, which got me nowhere.

I will not be buying from Saks or Saks off and will cancel my credit card from them. Also today I received a return back. I purchased a cashmere sweater which I found too itchy and returned it. Guess what - they returned it back to me and refused to credit my money back. I returned it within their grace period and it was not a final sale item so that’s why today I am writing them off into never never land. Come on man you’re not the only game in town. I predict they’ll be going out of business after reading that I’m not alone in this dilemma.

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information