1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

302 Saks Fifth Avenue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

After being a loyal customer for years, I had 3 pairs of shoes that I had returned to Saks because they did not fit, returned to me saying they were damaged. I had only tried them at home inside and put them back in the box immediately. The shoes had no damage that I could find. I contacted Saks disputing their claim and returned the shoes again. Wouldn’t you know they sent them back again and refused to give me a refund. Again, I tried these shoes on at home and immediately put them back in the box for return. Buyers beware. I will never buy from this poorly run company again and will tell anyone asking about them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I purchase Salvatore Ferragamo shoe on November 27, 2018 (Cyber Monday). After 9 days Saks canceled my ordered due to inventory. Same shoe was on other website for similar or little higher price but I choose to ordered on Saks. Now, I requested to offer me same discount so I can order different shoe but Saks did not. I am not happy with services Saks offered.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 10+ years (credit card and all). I ordered several items on Black Friday looking to take advantage of sales (I could have chosen sales at any store - would have been better off at Neiman). My box arrived 2 days later - it was open, no receipt and some metal contraption was inside that my 2 yr old son grabbed (thrilling...). 3 of the most expensive items (including a pair of sneakers - not small things!) were missing.

When I called to inform the company, certain they would just apologize and instantly send me my items, I was put on hold for over an hour (literally) and told they would open an investigation and it would take 10-14 business days. When I called later to ask for a status update the woman said there is no 10-14 business day update. I was not offered anything for the inconvenience of not getting my items on time (or maybe ever), missing out on Black Friday deals, them holding my $1K... and for the time spent with the very unfriendly and unhelpful customer service reps. Still have not received my items. I don't shop Saks and pay huge mark-ups for this type of service. They now risk alienating their few remaining customers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Please do not order or purchase anything from this store. I purchased over $1000 worth of merchandise back in October and have yet to receive the items or a credit. The items have been returned to the warehouse because they were undeliverable, which is a lie. I have called and messaged customer service at least 20 times and have spoken to managers who do absolutely nothing. Every time it’s, "You’ll receive the credit in the next few days," but nothing. I’m not sure what to do other than dispute the charge.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Glitches with orders and Saks doesn't take responsibility. It has happened to me 3 times already. I placed an order when they had a good deal (40%). Then, I received a confirmation email and all looked good. Then I wait a few days without any additional follow up emails that my item was shipped. At this point, I decided to call Saks just to hear that there was a glitch with their website and that the order was rejected and didn't get processed!!! AND WHY NOBODY NOTIFIED ME RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED??? Garbage Service!!! I then tell them to place the same item and they tell me that they don't have my size anymore!!! I WAS MADDDD. So, I tell them to give me the same sale for a different item as a replacement, but they said NO!!! SAKS Fifth Ave or SUKS Fifth Ave? Will never shop there again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Terrible returning process, extremely rude sales. I purchased 700 dollar worth of perfume when they had a promotion, "get fifty dollar gift card when you spend more than five hundred." But the promotion was so close to Black Friday which they have a promotion for "get fifty dollar gift card when you spend a hundred and fifty." So I had a return for two of the bottles. Because there was a unused gift card involved, they have to call some gift card centre to void the card. It's not as easy as usual to do the return, but it shouldn't be that difficult either. My friend and I literally stood and waited at the reception for more than thirty minutes for the store manager to come.

In the meantime, the Chinese Sales was extremely impatient, rolled his eyes couple times, very unpleasant smile and tone. Unwilling to call the store manager. I ask him to led us upstairs to the manager, and the refund was finally being processed. He told us there is only one manager for this whole store and she is extremely busy, a lot of work can only be process by her. Excuse me? Does that even make sense? You are a three-floor luxury store. Was only one manager can handle return with gift cards? But anyway, I have no intentions to make a scene, and since you are explaining it nicely, I am happy to show understanding. And then the most ridiculous part came, when we left, he said "hope I never have to see you guys again." I doubt if he would still say that if I'm not Chinese.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

After 60 minutes conversation in the phone was not able to find my order and cannot return my money until they get the order back. The order is at their distribution center. I was taught to read all of the booths and they will give me a refund in 14 business days. The customer service center workers are rude and unprofessional. This includes 3 supervisors. He gave me a number that didn’t work. I am now out of my boots and my money. Don’t purchase anything from Saks. It a nightmare. I am truly disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I ordered boots online and returned the same day! I received the shoes back a week later with packaging tape stating the shoes were worn and not returnable. I contacted Saks. They told me to send the shoes back for a review. For a second time again shoes were returned to me! Someone in receiving office put packaging tape on soles on a brand new pair of Christian Louboutin boots! Customer service is horrible. Do not buy online or from Saks!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I walked into Saks Fifth Avenue Yesterday wanting to purchase a purse. I had on work out clothes and a cap on. I am an Editor for high-end merchandise in Miami. As soon as I walked in I was immediately targeted as someone suspicious for stealing. The staff at your department store were relentless and even went as far as to say not to touch the merchandise. I could not believe it. I have purchased so many purses from this store in the past. I was appalled and just decided to leave. PLEASE NOTE: Not everyone that enters your store in work out clothes is a thief. I will never shop at your store again. Shame on you! My email is **. Maybe someone from corporate can explain to me why this happened.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After 50 minutes conversation in the phone. Was not able to place an order. Very rude and unprofessional customer service including couple of supervisors.

Every person I spoke to told me I can make a decision on the company’s behalf!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased on 8/23/2018, a Valentino Rockstud Wallet, and a Gucci IPad Case, and a Gucci Queen Margaret black small wallet. I received 3 pairs of Gucci sunglasses! I called immediately, and was told how sorry they were and to send the Sunglasses back, which I did. I got them back in the mail stating this was not my original order, duh! That’s why I sent them back! I have sent them back twice now, I called today, waited for over 30 min, for a supervisor to take my call.

Again, another BS runaround call. They said they will contact the shipping dept, and get back to me next week, it’s now 10/11/2018. I am called Amex tomorrow and filing a police report against Saks Fifth Avenue, they are thieves! I will NEVER EVER purchase from them again. Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus are the only way to go, period. I hope this will help any future potential buyers.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

In April, 2018 I ordered a Tuxedo shirt for a wedding. The item was on sale for $183.0. When I received the shirt, I was shocked to see that Saks Fifth Avenue sent me a used shirt wrapped in, what appears to be, a dry cleaning clear plastic bag. The shirt had a soiled collar, missing a button and looked raggedy. I called customer service within the hour, but all they had to say; “… just return it to us and we will give you a 5% discount on your next purchase”. That was the quality of Saks’s customer service!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Using a 10% OFF Moon Deal code to purchase an eye cream from Saksfifth.com. Credit card company says the purchase has been approved by the bank but the merchant cancelled it later on their own. I called the 24/7 customer service phone line to re-order and yet again the order has been canceled by Saks the 2nd time. The bank reassure my card is normal and it is Saks canceled the request for payment on both occasion. I only remember the 24/7 customer service rep reluctant to verify my credit card information and shipping address. He wasn't rushing but seems to avoid telling me the reasons why Saks refused my order. My bank told me the $1200 pending charges will fall off the system within 4 business days. If Saks does not honor Moon Deal discount code, don't participate. Saks is wasting customer's time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased a store brand suit, priced at $799. A week later, I tried to put it on, but I had to remove the numerous tags on the sleeves and other places. While removing the tags on the left sleeve, the material was torn and I could see through to the liner underneath. It turns out the thread they used to attach the tags was a better quality than the material of the suit! So, I took it back to the outlet, in Aurora Ohio, but the store manager refused to return it, exchange it, or acknowledge responsibility. He was actually insulting and threatened to call the police. I will now show the suit and tell my story to everyone willing to listen.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I bought a pair of G-Star jeans on sale, it turns out that they sent the wrong pair, knowing that the picture on the site wasn’t the jeans, this is by far the worse customer service, and advice you to go to the store instead of buying online.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I ordered a monogrammed toddler sweater and the spent uncountable phone calls and hours on hold trying to find out when it will be shipped. Asking for a manager/supervisor is a waste of time, as they do not help. They only read back what was previously recorded by the other associates. Saks does not know the meaning of Customer Service anymore. I worked for the company for 10 years many years ago, and this would never have been tolerated back then!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Look, I would love to be able to say, Welcome to Australia, Saks on 5th Avenue but the truth is you must avoid this merchant. I have tried 4 times to purchase shoes through their website, PayPal deducted the appropriate amount and each time the order failed to process. But the most frustrating thing is customer service. They replied to my first inquiry with a non-event, 'Sorry can't process order'... Ah, why, please? Even though their emails clearly state 'shipping to Australia' and shoes are 'in stock' etc. And, yes, I purchased goods online many times so I know what I’m doing. I tried again to make a purchase and this time not even a reply from customer service when the order 'failed' yet again. So now I have to wait another week for PayPal to return the money to my account. And BTW, PayPal hasn't replied to my inquiry either - are they no longer trustworthy?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I am so disappointed with SAKS customer service that I received. This company screwed me over a total of 4 times. 1. I ordered pink Ferragamo slides on the website for my vacation, they came in the mail and I was so excited, only to open the box and see they are white and gold rather than pink. 2. I call in to do a refund, no one tells me I can return it at the store, they send me authorization forms to send it out by mail. After doing this and phoning in, they tell me it takes 30 days to process a refund. 3. I place another order for pink slides, and days later it is cancelled telling me they've ran out of stock. 4. I phoned in and waited 40 minutes on hold, the supervisor offers me 20% off to reorder in black, I accepted the discount, and then I call in and find out they cancelled the discount.

The person on the phone tried to tell me it is because Ferragamo is a high end designer, this was the best part, since your website offers the colours Red and Blue for over 50% off at $105.00. At this point, I will never make another purchase at your company, I have been lied to and scammed by what I thought was a reputable company. I will return the black pair of Ferragamos at the store, and for future reference, you shouldn't promise people a discount if you can't follow through. I contacted them a total of 8 times, no one did a thing to rectify this situation. If I call in and I hold for 40 minutes to speak with a supervisor, your supervisor should have enough knowledge about your company to know that 20% off cannot be applied. It is WRONG. The service I got was absolutely disgusting and your company should be ashamed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

They will not refund you if you return items. I had purchased 2 suits which came defective so I asked to return it. They sent me a label and since then all I hear is, "It will take 10-14 business days to see a refund." Been over a month. Still no refund. SCAM SCAM SCAM! Stay AWAY!!! I contacted my credit card. They refunded me right away and mentioned lots of people complain about the same issue.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This card is a scam!! The interest rate and late fees are insane, and they make it impossible for you to register online so you can pay on time or close the account!! No matter what you do or who you call, the site just says they don't recognize the information. They transfer you a million times and give ridiculous excuses that don't make any sense. They just use this to rack up debt and collect personal information. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Had to close my account last evening. The people in their customer service dept are nastier than nastiness. When you do get someone that speaks to you as well as treats you with respect is when they are either in the Philippines or North America. I can tell when I am talking to a ** person. Some of them have no manners and speaks to you like you are a dog. They treat you according to their frame of mind. I am a ** person from another country. While some of these ** people or as they call themselves ** here can be very nice. There are times when you deal with some of them that barks at you like a damn alligator. Saks Fifth Ave employs lots of them. And they are stationed in the South. I am allergic to bad treatment. Therefore I closed my account, will pay them off and never return. Don't even ask to speak with a supervisor, you will get the same treatment. Customer relations, what a joke.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

If I could give negative stars to this company... Absolutely avoid buying anything on this website. First of all, they would accuse you buying final sale item when you did not. They don't mention it in emails or order summary. So only for you to find out you try to return the item but told you cannot. The website send incorrect items to you with wrong dimensions. Both stores and call center will not help you exchange the correct one but tell you to return it Or reorder it. Worst customer service ever. Please avoid!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I purchased three items off the Saks website about two months ago. After receive I got them I decided to return the items—one was a teal blue (was suppose to be black) and the other two didn’t fit. I sent back to the warehouse with the return label they provided. After two weeks I noticed I had only been credited for one item. I called, and they said they did not know, and only one item had been returned. They opened a case and told me they’d get back to me. That was three weeks ago and I haven’t heard any update. At this point, I am assuming they will not be returning my money or issuing a gift card, and will keep the merchandise I have paid for. This is honestly the worst customer service and operations of a business I have ever come across. While Saks has struggled in recent years, I always stood by their side but after this I no longer will.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I bought 2 jackets at Saks here in Mc Lean Virginia, and just about 2 weeks later I decided to take them back without wearing them once because I felt like was not going to use them. Since I did not have my receipt at the time the sales associate told me I needed it or I can get a store credit. I said, "Ok I will come back." She said, "No worries we will accept them back anytime." I said, "You sure," and she said, "Yes – you can even give them my name" – unfortunately I did not write down her name. 2 days later I went back with my receipt and another sales associate told me, "you cannot return these items because they were final sale." Here's the trick people, everything in the store for their annual sales were final sale - That’s the way they trick you people to not having to return them.

The only items the guy told me I can return are items you bought at full price. Cool, I am going to keep them, but this is the end of my relationship with Saks. I am going to do my shopping at Nordstrom from now on, and I encourage you to go do your shopping elsewhere as well. I return items to Nordstrom with no receipt and even after more than a year.

Original review: June 29, 2018

On Tuesday I purchased an expensive necklace for my girlfriend to give her as a birthday gift on Friday. I ordered it for next day delivery so that I would receive it on Wednesday, a few days before her birthday. I was never sent a confirmation or tracking email and never received necklace on Wednesday. When I checked my account it showed that the order was processed but the expected delivery was Thursday. As that would still allow me to receive it in time for her birthday on Friday, it was not a big deal so I waited until Thursday.

On Thursday, I still did not receive the necklace. When I called customer service I was told that it had never left their store. They had no problem taking my money and charging me for next day delivery but never bothered to tell me that I would never receive it the next day. Had I know on Tuesday that they could not fulfill a next day delivery, I would have had plenty of time to purchase a different gift from a different store and have it in time for Friday. When I spoke with their customer service reps on Thursday, I asked if I would receive the necklace by Friday or if I should cancel the order and purchase something from someone else with next day delivery on Friday. I called customer service 3 separate times on Thursday and was assured that the necklace would arrive on Friday in time for the birthday.

On Friday I still did not receive the necklace. When I called on Friday I was told that it still never left their warehouse and I wouldn't receive it until Monday. Thanks to the incompetence and lies of Saks Off Fifth Avenue, I had no birthday gift to give my girlfriend and it made me look horrible in front of her and her family. I have never had such an awful experience with an online order in my life. NEVER ORDER ONLINE FROM SAKS OFF FIFTH AVENUE.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Ordered a pair of shoes to be sent to my sister's house since I'm travelling out of town, and found out immediately after placing the order, that my sister would also not there to receive it. Literally 5 minutes after I placed the order, went on live chat to change the shipping address, and also to see if they would honor a free shipping promo code that I missed on their website banner...supposedly all good, "check back in two days as address change would need to go through their security dept. "...etc etc.

Long story short, after two more chats and three phone calls (all of which were Int'l calls), and customer "Service" telling me everything was ok with address change, the package still arrives at my sister's address...sitting on the porch (no signature required) for at least another two or three days until she returns... (Fingers crossed that they are still on that porch) Called back to file a complaint, and they told me that since it was only a request to change the address and not confirmed w/ their security dept. (even when I was told twice it was confirmed) that they should have recommended me to cancelled the order. (Which they did not recommend not even once) Also no record of my request for them to honor the free shipping...so not holding my breath.

Their customer service is horrendous! Don't get me wrong, they are very polite and seemingly professional when speaking to them, but it's all for a false sense of security that everything is in order on their side and it's being handled. One thing I am impressed with is how quickly the order took to process and ship by FedEx... Apparently too quick, since Saks customer service can't seem to get their ** together. Wishing I had read some of these 1 Star reviews beforehand, and hoping I don't have to deal with them again to file an investigation for a stolen package. Never again Saks...I'll stick with Barneys and Neiman.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Ordered a dress, and tried to initiate a return. When I look up my order history on the website, it does not show any of my orders since 2014! As a result, if there is no return form in the package, I have no way of making a return. I have used Saks Off 5th many times since 2014, but it doesn't show up in my account. I have called about this several times, to no avail. This last time, I had to explain FOUR times that I was not talking about my Saks credit card, (which I don't use). I was told I had to initiate a return through PAYPAL! PayPal doesn't work that way, but maybe they don't know that in the overseas call center. I was then told they "were experiencing a problem with the website". I call BS on that too. They finally scheduled a FedEx pick-up for me. Let us hope I actually get this refund. They have lost a good customer, because I will not order from them again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Can't get my money back for 3 weeks for defective and misleading item description! I bought a fur vest on sale. It took them forever to ship it, but they charged my card right away. When received it was knitted (it wasn't in the description) and it had a bald patch. Had to returned it. They have received my return on April 30 (I have a tracking number). Yesterday May 21 I called them to find out about my return status (I still haven't received my money back). Guy on the phone said it will take 7-10 business days to investigate it. So it's been 3 weeks plus another 2 weeks (maybe more). And we are talking about $400. I have submitted a review for this product on their website. But guess what? You can't see any reviews for any products at all there.

Original review: May 22, 2018

5/4 place $1,700 order, 5/5 FedEx releases box with no signature. Box is stolen, 5/6 neighbors bring me empty box ditched in their yard. I call Saks to notify. 5/14 refund approved. 5/21 no money. Was told account was expedited by Jocelyn: then told it wouldn’t be 3-5 days then another 10-14 days. Mind you I’ve repurchased all items and now am paying interest on both with no idea where my money is. I want it now.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Never order online from #Saks Fifth Avenue! They will send you sale merchandise that is DEFECTIVE and refuse to respond to your emails! You can call them, you can email them and it will be impossible to return defective merchandise! And forget about getting defective merchandise REPLACED because they "do not have the capability" to replace or exchange defective merchandise! I have voice recordings proving this as well as one email response I actually got! Out of 5 emails I send, I received one response telling me this. #SaksFifthAvenue has the WORST customer service I have encountered in at least 15 years! Do not ORDER ONLINE... Only in person where you can see the merchandise, if at all!

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information