2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.3/5 (318 ratings)

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I purchased 5 items from Saks Off 5th sent in one box. One of the items was missing. I called Saks Off 5th immediately and 10 days later they are refusing to send the item or issue a refund. I went on their Facebook Page and found out that they are doing this to hundreds of people. Don’t buy from Saks Off 5th online, you will not get all of your items or your money back. They are also not returning individuals money when they make a return either. I think they have turned into a SCAM company and I have reported them to the authorities.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I once waited at 2:00 AM in a Jack in the Box drive-through for nearly an hour before an employee walked out and told all the drivers to back out and leave because there was a drunken homeless man being belligerent at the service window. That was a vastly superior customer service experience than my first and only time shopping with Saks Fifth Avenue. I sincerely wish that was hyperbole.

Literally the only reason I ever considered buying something from them was that my recently opened credit card offered a promotional credit with them. I figured I may as well use it around the holidays. Additionally, they had a Black Friday promotion where if you spent $150, you would receive a $75 gift card. Keep in mind, I've been burned by these kinds of promotions before where the promotional gift is only valid for a short window during a non-sale period, so I know to read the fine print and adjust my expectations accordingly, but this particular promotion said absolutely nothing about any expiration date.

The first major issue I encountered was due to having separate shipping and billing information. I don't know why this is a red flag to Saks Fifth Avenue. Literally every online retailer allows this as a standard option. They basically have to in order to accommodate a non-negligible portion of sales, because people order gifts for remote family, have things sent to vacation homes, or share credit cards and other billing information. In my case, my wife and I were visiting family out of state, so I had the order shipped to my father's house where we were staying. I also had an active ShopRunner membership, so I was supposed to receive 2-day shipping. We had about a week left at this location after ordering, so I figured the risk of not receiving it on time was extremely minimal. I would normally just have it sent to our home, but we were planning a long road trip back, so it would have been left outside during Winter for several days.

Well, Saks Fifth Avenue must never receive gift orders or something, because they called, not me, the person paying for the order, which would at least make some degree of sense, but my father's phone number, which I only provided out of habit as part of the shipping information. Why would they ever contact the recipient? It's not like they're shipping dangerous contraband. What if I was ordering a surprise gift? It makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, my father was gracious enough to actually answer the call while at work, and he said he thought the shipping information was correct, but they should call me to make sure since it was my order.

They then tried to call me, but I didn't find out until later that night when my father came home from work that they had called to confirm the shipping address. So I called back the next morning, explained the whole thing to a female representative with a heavy accent, and she said she wasn't aware of any issue and the order seemed ready to ship. Later that day, I received a call, and I recognized the same female representative with the heavy accent. She said she needed to confirm the shipping address because it didn't match the billing address. I of course confirmed, reminded her that I already called earlier to resolve this issue, and that they should go ahead and finish processing the order quickly so it could arrive in time before our departure.

Late the next day, I received yet another call, again from the same female with the heavy accent, asking to confirm the exact same information. I confirmed, and asked if at that point, I could go ahead and change the shipping information to our home address. I figured if it arrived too early, we could call and have a friend pick it up for us to protect it from the elements while we were returning home. However, the representative said she could not change the shipping address (Why the need to confirm it then? What if I said it was incorrect?) as it was already sent to ShopRunner, and I would need to contact them or the shipping company to have the destination changed.

That brings me to my second issue, which is that it then took them another 2 days after that final confirmation call to finish processing, after which shipping took at least another 2 days, and by that time, we were already gone. I told my father he could simply keep the items for himself as a gift since we didn't really need them ourselves, but he insisted on sending them to us at his cost. My wife still wanted to try changing the shipping address while we were on the road, so she called 5 more times. Take a wild guess who answered every one of my wife's calls? Yes, that's right, the same woman with the heavy accent. I wasn't the one on the phone since I was driving, but I recognized the voice through what I could hear from the phone speaker.

I don't know if they just have extremely few representatives, or if they somehow assign a single person to answer specific phone numbers, but don't expect to receive any better or different help on subsequent calls, because we kept getting the same person over and over again. The weird thing is she consistently had a hard time understanding our situation every time we repeated it. We kept clarifying what I basically outlined above, and she kept thinking it was my father who ordered the items for us. Anyway, she kept repeatedly telling my wife that the only way they could change the shipping address was to wait for items to ship out, and then contact the shipping company to redirect them to a new destination. This is extremely counter-intuitive and not at all how most online retailers work, but okay, whatever.

It wasn't until the 3rd call that the first batch of items was shipped out, but they weren't that critical to redirect. It was really the last unshipped item, a heavier cast iron pot, that would likely be more expensive for my father to ship, and was the item we were most interested in using at home, that we wanted to redirect. On the 5th call (I guess they're into puns?), my wife finally asked to speak to a manager since the pot had already shipped out, and he claimed to have submitted a request to redirect the package to our home. He repeatedly assured my wife that it would not be sent to my father's address. She was extremely happy and relieved... but not for long. I don't know if that was an outright lie or just a misunderstanding, but it shipped to my father's address anyway.

Then we get to the gift card. Remember, I specifically checked the fine print, and it made no mention of expiration dates. Also, it was not a digital gift card, but a physical card sent with the ordered items. Upon receiving the card, my father sent my wife a picture of the card numbers so we could use it online. My wife repeatedly tried using the card online for a follow-up order, but the web site kept giving cryptic error messages that didn't seem to apply to our order. She called customer service again, spoke to the exact same woman again, and she said that she was aware of technical issues the web site team was working on which prevented anyone from using gift cards, and that they did not have an ETA at the time.

However, she did offer to send us an email notification when the site was fixed so that we could place our order. More than a week passed by, and we never received any such email notification, so my wife tried placing her order again, and this time it reported that the card had expired. We checked with my father, and it turns out, the card was only valid for a single week. What kind of garbage promotion is this? It takes them more than a week and dozens of customer service calls to fail to amend shipping information because of their pathetically incompetent order processing, yet the gift card that customers spend good money to qualify for is only valid for a week? Give me a break.

My wife called again to see if anything could be done, the same woman answered yet again, and she said that no, nothing could be done, because the gift card was expired. My wife was unsatisfied with this response, as any reasonable paying customer would be after so much frustration, and she tried calling in again 5 more times, but every one of those calls went unanswered. I know that several common customer service software platforms keep records of customer interactions over time, and representatives can sometimes effectively blacklist troublesome customers, so I suspected that my wife had gotten blacklisted by the useless woman.

I came online to check other reviews, and I see that multiple people claim to have had their phone numbers blacklisted and had to call via other numbers to reach customer service afterwards. I tried calling from my phone number, and sure enough, I got through on the first try, though miraculously, I was answered by a male voice with an even heavier accent this time.

The joy from being answered by any other human was short-lived, much to my dismay. This man had some of the worst customer service skills and etiquette imaginable, though as you'll find out soon enough, he's not the absolute worst. I explained the whole situation to this guy, and much like the previous lady, he had a really hard time understanding it. He thought I was saying that the gift card simply never arrived. I again repeated my entire story, and finally, he put me through to someone in the gift card department. That man was already incredibly slow to speak and respond, so imagine my surprise when the gift card manager sounded like a mix between an Indian call center responder and a heroine addict.

This guy was tripped out of his mind. He spoke so slowly, never using polite words like "please" and "thanks", and he would frequently just go silent for extended periods of time without asking me to hold. He had me explain literally everything I typed above, and then looked through the transaction history on the gift card to confirm that it lined up with my story. At one point, he went silent for a good 5 to 7 minutes without asking me to hold, and I just waited listening to the background keyboard chatter of whatever call center he was in. Eventually, he came back and told me that he had reactivated my gift card.

I stood there waiting patiently for him to give me details, but when he didn't, I said, "Okay, thanks, can you tell me when the card now expires?" He responded, "Yes, sir, I can." And then he paused for a good 15 seconds or so, before very slowly saying, "It expires in 3 days." 3 DAYS?!?! I mean, I know he's doing me a favor, and we put in the order immediately, but my goodness, they are committed to this broken promotion thing. But I was glad to finally be done with this nonsense, so I thanked him, and he just silently stayed on the line until I hung up.

As you can see, I was not exaggerating in the slightest when comparing this to my experience at Jack in the Box. The fact that this kind of experience was with such an expensive "luxury" retailer just blows my mind. Saks Fifth Avenue's customer experience is insultingly, offensively bad. I would lose my mind having this experience at a Goodwill, let alone a "high-end" retailer. If you look at the time and effort my wife and I spent to get these issues resolved, our "savings" probably came out to well below minimum wage, and we had to pay their ridiculous prices for that privilege. Heaven forbid somebody buys anything really expensive from their web site. It's so bad that I actually now consider the credit card promotion a negative value, because it's essentially a trap. I will never order from their web site again.

Their nearest retail location is at least 2 hours away from us in a major city where we would have to pay for parking and transit, and if (that's a big "if") we ever bother to use the credits again, I would most certainly go use them in store instead of online, that way I could at least resolve such issues in person and take shipping out of the equation. This is truly the worst shopping experience I've ever had. It's worse than those data breaches that happen from time to time at other retailers which force me to update my passwords. Short of giving away my information to identity thieves or actively trying to steal my money, I don't know how a retailer could get any worse. Do yourself a huge favor and never shop with Saks Fifth Avenue. They should rename themselves to Sucks Fifth Customer Service Call.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I am no longer supporting Saks or Saks Off Fifth after my recent HORRIBLE experience with them. Long story short..they have stolen money from me. I was waiting on an order containing 4 items and upon arrival, the package contained only two items. I contacted their "customer service" only be told that I should have 4 items and to start a claim and wait. When I called to express dissatisfaction for having to wait for a refund the reps (who were clearly from outside of the U.S.) decided to hang up on me and screen my calls. I even had to call private to get someone to answer. So not only am I out two christmas gifts, but also the money for the gifts.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I place an order on 11/07/2020 for a pair of Gucci Sneakers for an order total of $737.63 USD. The shipping carrier claimed they delivered my package on 11/13/2020 to which I never received. I’ve called Saks 5th Ave several time for them to help locate my item and have had no help whatsoever. Saks 5th Ave have also declined a replacement or refund. They expect me to just lose $737.63 I will be disputing this with my bank, cause it’s not fair I have to lose that amount of money. Worst online experience ever. Avoid ordering online from this retail store. Don’t recommend it at all.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I returned some items with shop runner. I had proof of delivery. I could not get my money back for 2 month. In order to get my money back I had to spend a lot of time on the phone. In October I ordered some hair products, which I never received. Saks denied to return my money. I called many times. When I asked to speak with supervisor, I was left on hold for 30 min, after 30 min I hang up.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

UPDATED 12/22/2020: Saks has my return item since 11/3/2020. I called customer service on 11/25/2020 to check refund status. Refund was not processed. I was told it would take an additional 15 business days to process the refund. The 15 days have lapsed and still no refund. I will be disputing this charge with PayPal.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I didn't realize all the Saks in my area have closed. I figured better to pay the $9.95 fee for a mail return instead of driving the 100 miles to our closest Saks. Saks received the item on November 3rd. It is now November 25th and still no refund. Called customer service to ask for status update on the refund. I was put on hold for nearly 20 minutes. Finally the representative came back on the line and said she can start the process on my refund but it would take 15 business days to post. I told her I already waited the allotted time to process the refund. Though she was apologetic, they could not expedite the process. Not sure what they were doing with the item for all that time. I have no other choice but to wait out the additional 15 business days. Hopefully Saks will make this right.

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2020

Saks did refund my money. I called 3 times, emailed or messaged 3 times, but they did refund the full amount of purchase. The dress was wonderful but the zipper was an inferior product.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Recently I purchased an Aidan Mattox dress from Saks online for $500+. I tried it on when I first received it and was thrilled. I had tried on at least 3 other dresses and was not happy with any of them. The dress was for a wedding out of town. When preparing for the wedding, I put the dress on to leave for the wedding and again was thrilled. It fit looser and even better than the first time I tried it on. Unfortunately, after sitting in the dress, the zipper split from the bottom up. My husband almost had to cut me out of the dress because the top of the zipper held tight and wouldn’t budge.

I returned the dress to Saks after being hung up on twice when I called customer service to try to explain. I even returned the dress within 30 days of receipt. Saks will not refund my money because the dress is not in “saleable” condition. If it were in saleable condition, I wouldn’t need to return it! Needless to say, Saks sells inferior products at high prices and will not refund your money. Do not buy from them and expect quality customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

If I could give negative stars I would. Have been trying for months to get my money back from this company. I have called customer service so many times I have lost count--they give me the same line every time. I have tried emailing--no response. I have tried direct message on Facebook--no response. I would literally shop at Walmart for the rest of my life before I would shop at Saks again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Placed an order from Saks Fifth Avenue, never received my order, they refused to help me even though I've been shopping with them for many, many years. I'm completely disgusted with the level of treatment. I also reported the incident to the Better Business Bureau and filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This was my 1st time ordering online from Saks off Fifth Ave and hopefully the last one. I can’t believe how unprofessional their customer service is!! I ordered 3 items online, one I haven’t receive and the 2nd one was the wrong item not what I ordered. I called customer service the 2nd day I received my order to complain. They told me to rest assured they will fix it ASAP and they will file an investigation. It’s been a month now and every time I call I found out that they either didn’t put the proper documentation or they just forgot to submit the investigation. I’m just so tired of explaining the story of my order every single time I call. My time is more valuable than the order itself. If this was Macys, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's this would have been solved from the 1st call. I can only compare Saks 5th Ave customer service to a foreign store in China or India or may be even worse. I can’t believe this is the customer service of a luxurious store in USA.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

(To go to the TL;DR, see last paragraph) About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a backpack from Saks 5th Avenue (SFA) online with a gift card (and paid the balance on a credit card). I got an email shortly afterwards saying that my order was received and that I would get an email after it has been shipped out. 5 days later, I get an email saying that my order was cancelled. I called up customer service to find out what had happened, and was told that the "verification department" called up the number on file and the person who answered said to cancel the order. I have no idea who they spoke to, but I definitely did not receive a call, much less asked for it to be cancelled. I decided to not pursue.

Thankfully my gift card balance was restored and the pending charge on my credit card was dropped. I then went to Saks Off Fifth (OFF) online and purchased 2 pair of shoes. Again, I paid with my giftcard and the balance with my credit card. And again, I received the email shortly thereafter saying that my order had been received and that I would get an email once it has shipped. Wary of the "verification department," I called up OFF customer service multiple times, spoke to different agents every time, and explained that I really wanted the shoes and that if the verification department wants to call, to please call me at the number on file. At least 3 different agents put it in their "notes" and all assured me that my order will be here and it won't be like what happened at SFA.

Happily, on the 5th or 6th day after I made the order, I got an email from OFF saying that some information is needed and I needed to call the phone number. I was so excited. I called the number, and it turns out this number just rings a couple of times before going to voicemail. No prompts: no "for English, press 1, for existing orders, press 1." Nothing. Just ringing a few times before going to voicemail. At this point, I was getting very frustrated and suspicious. And alas, I then got the same email from OFF like I got from SFA, saying that my order has been canceled. I called up customer service to find out what the problem was this time, and I was told that the item wasn't in stock.

Again, at least my gift card balance was restored and the pending credit card charge was dropped. I then searched for Saks reviews and came across this page and am shocked to see how similar my experiences were to the others here. It's really mind-boggling how a supposedly Luxury Department Store can do business like this.

So, TL;DR
1) Do NOT shop at Saks. Avoid it like the plague.
2) If you MUST shop at Saks, go into the store in person. See the item in person. Touch it, feel it, inspect it, and make sure that you're 100% sure you will never return it. Only then will it be safe to buy.

3) Any item that you can't take with you physically from the store that day, RUN.

i) A pre-order item? RUN.
ii) "We don't have this item in store, but it's available in another store. We can order it and send it to your home." RUN.
iii) You see an item you like. You notice it's not in the best condition. You ask if they have the same one in the back. They check and realize they don't, but that there's another one available at another store and they can order it and have it sent to you. RUN.

iv) See something you like ONLINE? RUN. Do not buy. Because there's a high chance it will be out of stock and you'll be left picking the pieces with customer service.

I am considering myself lucky, because it seems some here have had their credit card charged for items they never received. I'm just glad my gift card balance is back, and my credit card wasn't charged. I count myself lucky and know when to cut my losses. I sold my $1,000 gift card for $700 cash. Best decision ever. Will never ever shop at SFA or OFF ever again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Recently, I experienced a violation via thievery from an order I placed with Saks Fifth Avenue, whereby the order and first line of shipment originated in New York (Long Island) at the same store location. I am reaching out because I know this cannot be the first time this has happened to merchandise ordered from that store location. The sheer level of boldness and comfort from the perpetrators is too high for my encounter to be their first offense.

I placed an in order for a pair of Gucci sneakers. When my order arrived, it arrived in a box that was lighter in weight than expected and appeared with signs of tampering. I opened the brown shipping box to find a Gucci shoe box, without the shoes. Only the shoe dust bag and paper remained. I called Saks Fifth Avenue customer service to have a case submitted.

I also placed a new order for the same product as the case is being investigated, because I really wanted the shoes. That order arrived today with signature required and the same thing happened, except this time I have video from the delivery guy walking up my drive way to my husband opening the box in the presence of the delivery personnel in my drive way as I took video of him opening an empty box yet again. I was so frustrated and wondered how this could happen, so I began to do my research. I have ordered form Saks and other luxury stores and have never had this problem.

First, I looked at how much the package weighed when it was shipped. The first order shipment details noted 2 pounds. There is no way a box housed in another box- along with sneakers, paper, and a dust bag is only 2 pounds. Note, the package that arrived today weighed in at 3 pounds. That means, the person or persons responsible for securing the packages from the store is stealing the merchandise and placing the empty boxes in a shipment box before weigh-in; or someone at the store is shipping an empty box. Third, it could be someone from the store and someone who works for a courier service working together. Either way, something is happening with shipments from a specific Long Island store of Saks Fifth Avenue. My cases (now two) are pending; however, I thought it imperative to share as hopefully I can warn others if their package originates and that location. I enjoy Saks, but I am beyond frustrated with this horrible encounter...twice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

My aunt was visiting from overseas and wanted 2 items as gifts for her husband and daughter. I helped her look online and recommended for her to pay a little extra and will get her items fast, safe, & secure. Saks website mentions everywhere ‘SIGNATURE REQUIRED’ and if no one is home the package gets taken to the FEDEX PICK UP CENTER for 5 business days. It was the weekend. I knew the order wouldn’t ship until Monday so we selected a rush 3 day delivery and the order would arrive Thursday at the latest, she was flying back the following Tuesday so she had enough time to get her items in the event of delay, or even if I missed the delivery we would still have time to go pick up the package at the FedEx pick up center.. This was not true in my case..

They delivered the package to a random person. I live in a multi unit building with 6 families. When I arrived home from work Thursday evening I saw no notice on my door so I called Saks to see when the order is expected to arrive. It was after 7pm and apparently there are no agents after this time. The automated system recognized my order through my phone number and mentioned package delivered at 2pm??!! To whom?! It was already 8:30pm. The only choice I had was to go knock on everyone’s door and ask if anyone had a package of mine. No one had a package and no one saw FedEx. At this point I’m shaking. I called fedex and got the same answer, package delivered and signed by ‘dbinel’. Even the name is suspicious. How can the driver be ok with this type of delivery.

The following morning I call Saks. They say the package was delivered and signed by ‘dbinel’??!! Is that even a real name?! Why would fedex deliver a package valued close to $3k and not deliver safely?! It says must be home?! Why didn’t they come to my apartment?! Why hand the package to any random persons. If the name on the order says Annette it should be delivered to me or anyone in my apartment. If the package was signed by someone in my apartment I understand leaving me accountable. But to show up at a building with no door man, no elevator, no lobby.

If it was the other way around and my package would have been sent back to the fedex pick up location and I went to pick up an order FedEx would identify me with an ID and if it’s not the name on the package they will not release an order! Why couldn’t it be the same vise versa ‘when delivering a package’. Why would they not make sure to deliver to the buyer or someone in their apartment!!?? The name whose package this belongs to!! Why let someone with a suspicious name like this here walk away with 2 items valued at almost $3,000. At this point my aunt flew back to her country with no gifts, and I’m at a loss of almost $3k for trying to do the right thing by helping my family and by trusting Saks fifth known as a reputable company.

I have forever shopped Saks in person never online and I will never again. FedEx is known as a strict shipper. UPS had shown me more responsibility than the experience I had now. When ups shows up at my house they leave a notice that says ‘Sorry we missed you. Second attempt tomorrow between 2-5pm' so I know to be home the following day. Why could fedex not leave a notice?!?? Where is this order?! When I call fedex it’s the same answer! Package delivered ??!! I understand the package was delivered and signed. But not BY ME or anyone in my apartment because there is no one 18 or older except me and my 3 kids under the age of 9.

I Have lost sleep over this package that was delivered with zero responsibility. Any driver should have put his sense together to know that a package valued over $2500 shouldn’t be delivered to the hands of any person other than the one who purchased the order. No one else. That was the assurance I had when ordering on Saks fifth. I never had such experience like this before. Ups won’t leave a package valued at $50 unless signed by me or handed to me. How can fedex do such a thing?! They are known to be good shippers and strict. What happened to this order?!! How do I know it wasn’t the driver himself who signed for this package?! No one in the building has a name even close to the signed name. Please help me resolve this matter. I will never shop Saks again. This is unfair.

$2500 feeds my family and pays my rent the entire month. All I wanted to do was help my aunt and order on a site I thought I can trust wholeheartedly. Never in my life did I go out of my way to put in a bad review. But please be aware that when they say signature required and held for 5 days at a pick up center is NOT TRUE. We havnt worked in over 3 months I am a single mom. People are not sitting home. We work. If we are not home Fedex should leave a notice for a 2nd attempt not just hand over a package to anyone. If we order online we expect to receive what we paid for. That’s the idea and convince of online shopping. Is knowing we will receive the order even if we are not home. With a notice left on a door we know when to be home. And at the most and worst case scenario we know we also have 5 days to go and pick up the order. That was the point of ordering from Saks with fedex is knowing they will not leave a package behind.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Long story short the head of customer service Andrea and the executive services manager Maxine ** were AMAZING! I never received my package and after a 14 day investigation I was denied my refund. Well honey, I googled and found Andrea’s email and explained the circumstances and run around I got from customer service and she immediately had Maxine contact me. Not only did I get a swift refund of 1,475.00. I was also gifted with 250.00 for my daughter’s graduation gift for the inconvenience. Now that is 5 star service and I will remain a loyal Saks customer. Fed Ex leaves packages unattended on porches in these desperate times uuugh! It is best to head into the actual store because online mail service is sketchy dealing with certain carriers. Anyway suffice to say I’m happy! Maxine was so sweet and Andrea is the best!!

Original review: July 12, 2020

This is my first time to write a negative review like this. The experience is horrible. I ordered a Valmont V-Shape filling concentrate online from the Saks Fifth Ave in March 2020, but when I got it. The bottle was broken and the liquid product inside was everywhere in the package. I took a picture of the product right after I opened my box, and tried to contact Saks Fifth Ave through email, online chat, and call them....there was no efficient response, so I figured out to return the product by putting the request online...then I tried to ship back the product to Saks Fifth Ave....After three weeks, it is today. I got the package from Saks Fifth Ave. I opened the package. It is the broken product I returned to them!

Note that I also include pictures and emails record to explain everything clearly when I shipped them the product. They should know the product was broken when I got it....I never has this kind of experience in US. Their customer service is really horrible. Even after I shipped back their product with detailed introduction and pictures....they shipped me back the broken item!!! Really horrible.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I purchased a Versace Robe for international shipping on April 12th to my brother in Aus for his birthday. The item was delivered with no waist tie. After calling and being on hold for over four hours I finally spoke to someone who said they would check their distribution center and if it wasnt there they would send out the waist tie and to expect an email with shipping information within a few days. I did not get an email so I called again and waited 3 hours to speak to someone. I was told there was nothing Saks could do and was offered 15% off my next order (what!?!?). I demanded to speak to a manager and was told I needed to ship back the item and then reorder which I agreed to. I requested a return shipping authorization and shipping label which the manager said he would email me right away and then he hung up. I did not receive any shipping information.

After a few days waiting I called back again as I couldn't return the item without the label. I tried emailing countless times but they would either go unanswered or get a generic replies with no actual information on them that was of use (I have even been called the wrong name over email multiple times). Finally I was able to get the label and then they CANCELLED my return with no explanation once we hung up so I yet again had to get on the phone and wait to speak to someone to get a new label - another two hours of waiting - every time the customer service have been rude and seemingly no idea of all the previous conversations I had had so every time I needed to go over the issue again.

Finally we were given the label and my brother shipped the item back that same day - May 1st. We were not provided with any tracking information despite asking numerous times. After 6 weeks of no updates from Saks I called and I was told I needed to wait 2 more weeks - I waited on hold for over an hour for them to tell me to call back in 2 weeks. So I called again at the 8 week mark and I was told that they had no idea where my package was and would look in to the issue. I was put on hold multiple times by the customer service representative. She said she would email me an update once she knew where the package was. I did not receive any email.

About a week later I got a generic email saying I needed to wait up to two months for Borderfree to return the item (despite it already being over two months). I also reached out via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter but to no avail. Now it has been 3 months since purchase, 2.5 months since returning the item and I still have not received a refund. I have not been able to find out if my refund is processing and when I can expect my money back. This entire experience has been incredibly stressful. I am tired of being on hold and having to go over all of this information over and over and over again - I simply want my money back so I can buy my brother another present (3 months late and certainly from a different store!!!!).

Original review: July 11, 2020

I ordered a pair of men's Fendi sneakers online on July 2, 2020. Nine days later and there is no sign the shoes are going to be shipped. I have reached out to customer service and have received no response. I am convinced after reviewing customer feedback on this website and the BBB that Saks is indeed operated by the mafia and/or a drug cartel. One thing is for sure, Saks is definitely holding customer orders for as long as they can so the customer's 30 day return window is as short as possible yet blaming Covid-19 for delays which is bull. Saks just wants your money. Nonexistent customer service. No customer care. No morals. No ethics. I should have learned my lesson last summer when I ordered a pair of men's Gucci sneakers. They arrived with damage on the right shoe above the heel.

I decided to keep the shoes since the damage was fairly small and the shoes were marked down almost 66 percent. Hmmm... I wonder why they were so heavily discounted? There is no doubt the merchandise Saks offers is quite questionable (read the customer reviews). The Gucci shoes they sent me should never have been offered for sale. In fact, the shoes were a return and I know this because they were out of stock for quite some time. I received an email that my size came back in stock and it was only my size that reappeared. Instead of sending the shoes to a clearance center, Saks offered the shoes for sale in new, pristine condition.

So here we are a year later (I should have learned my lesson) and I feel like I have been scammed, cheated and taken for a ride. I suspect they will charge my card (currently pending) and never send me the Fendi sneakers. I will NEVER buy anything from Saks again. Please explain to me how this scam company is still in business? How could any ethical person work for such a dishonest company? Why isn't the government involved? Inquiring minds want to know!! Do Not Buy Anything from this scam store!!

Original review: July 9, 2020
Original review: July 7, 2020

I do not often spend 1K on shoes, but you would think customer service would match this purchase. I ordered 3 day rushed last week Monday, given a July 3rd Delivery date. I check back today the 7th and it is still processing. I called and they apologize and say they will send me a 15% coupon off of my next purchase (never received it) and they informed me that I would receive a tracking number yesterday. Well I didn’t receive a tracking number yesterday and I didn’t receive one today. I asked to cancel the order because I’ve missed the event I would’ve wanted to wear them to and they tell me I can’t. I need to wait till I receive a tracking number tomorrow (Starting to think they’re required to say that) wait till I get it and request a refund. There is no doubt in my mind this company is owned by a drug cartel.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have been a Saks customer for many years and have never had any problems with returns. Only three weeks ago, when the unrest in the USA started, did my problems begin. I applied for the RMA and pro forma invoices with returns label for all of my 6 packages. Nothing ever happened. No email, no RMA number came from Borderfree. Nothing!!! To date, my packages are in the garage. DHL cannot send them back. My husband is angry too!!! From now on I will never order from Saks again. There Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Mytheresa and also Net-a-porter are great. You never cause problems! Only Saks is worse. I recommend everyone to never order there again!!

Caroline from Switzerland

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have been shopping at Saks since the 1950s. Saks must now be owned by a Mexican cartel. I returned 5 jackets that were too large faithfully and on time. The company, is it still really Saks Fifth Avenue, acknowledges the returns, but several weeks later, not a dime of mine has been refunded to the credit card I used. My emails go unanswered and after waiting for hours for customer service, they simply read from a script, providing me with no concrete answers. I remember how charming and elegant shopping at Saks was in the 1950s and 1960s, before most of you were born. Do not tell me technology has made life better. The world is at a nadir of existence.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I placed the order since 5/1/2020. They never send me a return label. I received wrong item and I sent the order back, for some reason they sent the same order back to me. I don't know why they refuse to refund me, instead telling me the item is not from Saks. My saks accounts record shows that as well. Anybody know how I can return the item?

Original review: June 10, 2020

I placed an order online of 2/12/2020. Not until AFTER the order was placed was I informed that the item was a pre-order. I was told that I should receive the item by 3/5/2020. It is now 6/10/2020 and I have yet to receive the item ordered. When speaking with customer service the only answer provided is that the item is not available currently. When submitting an inquiry online it took 2 weeks for a follow up, a 2nd email submitted begging for information, to only hear the same thing, "the item is not currently available". This is not sufficient seeing as how it was already 2 months past the expected delivery date provided.

When I attempted to escalate to a supervisor/manager, I have only been placed through to a line that does not take calls. Now, 6 calls later, over 6 hours of wait time, 2 emails and 4 months later, I do not have any information, have not been able to speak with anyone that can assist, nor any type of solution. I would expect better service from a retailer that prides itself on being luxurious. This experience and service is far from luxurious and in fact is deplorable. For a first time customer, I think it's safe to say that I will NEVER be returning.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I purchased 4 pair of boots online from Saks Off 5th. The order was delivered in two separate shipments, one arriving past the promised delivery date. I opened the first shipment, kept 1 pair of boots and returned the other two pairs. I used the label provided by Saks and took it to the UPS store. The 2nd box arrived and I didn't even open it. I printed the return label and took it to the UPS store. Both tracking via UPS shows a delivery to Pottsville, PA. I never received a refund. I contacted the customer service(offshore) and they said they only received 1 shipment and I had used the boots. This is 100% untrue, I never opened the box. I inquired about the other box of 2 boots, they said they couldn't locate them. I have contacted them for months, the last was yesterday. I was on hold for over 45 minutes. I was told they would check distribution center, again. I asked to speak to a manager, put on hold, then told no one was available.

I'm out $400 and no boots. I've sent emails, called, spoken to American Express. No one is willing to assist. I started researching (which I should have done prior to ordering from them) and discovered many complaints online about not being refunded, being told that you returned a used item, etc. This seems extremely fraudulent. I thought they were a reputable retailer. I can provide the tracking information/screen shots to show the returns were made. I'm very frustrated and not sure where to turn. How do I get my money back?

Original review: June 8, 2020

I pre-ordered 3 items in October 2019 (all Oscar de la Renta), totaling almost $8000. Expected ship date of first 2 items was January 2020. February 2020 rolls around and no items. Customer service never responded to my e-mails so I called. Obviously customer service is off-shored and they don't have access to any more info than the customer does. They indicated they didn't know why the items had not shipped or when the items would ship.

After waiting several more months, I cancelled the order. Remaining item was scheduled to ship in April 2020. May 2020 rolls around and no dress. Again, the e-mails to customer service went unanswered. So I called and once again, they didn't know why the dress hadn't shipped or when it would, but they assured me that I would someday receive my item! It's now June and no dress so I cancelled the order. I was able to find the same dress at Net-a-Porter and I received it just a few days after ordering! I don't understand why Saks doesn't want to sell me anything?!? And how can they not return e-mails sent to their customer service address?

All I can think with the never delivered pre-orders and other stories of refunds being held etc. is that Saks is trying to inflate revenues with accounting trickery by booking the revenue but not actually delivering goods and/or significantly delaying refunds. I hope Neiman Marcus emerges from its reorg stronger than ever because they are a much better organization than Saks. Don't pre-order through Saks! You will never receive your items and you'll be able to find them at other sites with much less hassle!

Original review: June 6, 2020

I purchased a toiletry bag online from Saks. Original cost $100 on sale. Now for only $63. Upon arrival the bag was tagged with a $47.60 price tag. What a scam! Buy low sell high - Wow. After calling customer service, my first 2 calls were disconnected halfway through - each time on hold for over 30 minutes. The 1st rep, she talked to her supervisor & told me how I was saving $$$ after she looked it up online - didn't quite get the point - then I was disconnected. The 2nd rep I gave him my telephone number in case we get disconnected - never bothered to return call.

After another 35 minutes on hold, the 3rd rep came on - I explained again about being disconnected twice - giving my telephone number again in case we were disconnected. This rep was more competent. I had to take photo of the product & tagged price - responding to his email, which I did for "price match guarantee", which seemed absurd to be stated that way but probably better than saying we're ripping off customers online. Finally the rep said I would be receiving q $16.71 credit in 3 to 5 days. I hope it arrives as another call to customer service doesn't thrill me - BEWARE ONLINE SHOPPERS OF PRICE GOUGING.

Original review: June 3, 2020

This was my first (and last!) purchase from Saks Fifth Avenue. I purchase some shoes from them on April 17th. Cancelled the order the same day because They put my order under investigation and because it wouldn’t be here for next day shipping which I paid for. It would take up to 2 weeks or whatnot. Well here it is June 3 and I still haven’t received my refund. I’ve been calling every week. And still haven’t received my money back!

Original review: June 1, 2020

This was my first (and last!) purchase from Saks Fifth Avenue. I purchase this item from this company because I thought that as a high-end department store they would not sell a product that is of poor quality. Wrong! The product is a piece of junk of such poor quality that it does not work as described. So I tried to return it. Since the reason for my return is that it does not work as described, I wanted free shipping. Called 3 x, was on hold for over 2 hours, sent an email and never heard back. They charged 7.99 for shipping it out to me and now they want 9.99 for the return (the product cost 24.99 - on sale from 49.99) In other words, they expect me to pay a total of 17.98 for nothing! Horrible company. Do not buy from them!

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased two items totaling approximately $265 online. Items were in stock with a free gift. I was to receive it 2 days shipping. I receive the free gift which is nothing but not the main items. I call several times and they assure me it is coming. 2 weeks go by and nothing so I call again. They tell me that the order has been cancelled by them due to item not in stock. Since I used a gift card, I asked them to return the funds to my gift card. Another week go by and I check my gift card balance and one has -0- balance, 2nd gift card has partial credit. I call and they tell me that it has been escalated for resolution. After nearly a month, no contact from them nor my gift card restored. This is complete fraud. If it was a credit card, I could have stopped payment but this is a gift card in their control. I will never buy a Saks gift card ever.

Original review: May 17, 2020

So I was at Saks buying a backpack for my mom for Mother's Day and the lady who was ringing me up was so rude. Her attitude towards me was horrible and it was because it was hard for her to ring up the item I picked out because the bar code was a little worn away so she couldn't scan it. The only thing she needed d to do was key in the numbers. I don't understand how any of that is my fault or how I deserve to get that sort of treatment. This wasn't even the worst part.

I had to return the backpack and that experience was worse. I had another ruder woman help me with the return. I peeled the bar code sticker off before I gave it to my mom because you typically cut off price tags before giving anything as a gift. Because of this, the lady who was doing my return was trying to say she couldn't do the return because there wasn't an item number (the tag was still there, it's just the barcode and price was gone). I had to point out the item number and description was on the receipt they gave me.

The receipt had faded marks on it and she tried to say she couldn't do the return because she couldn't see it on the receipt like it was my fault they gave me a faded receipt when I bought the backpack. I could make out the numbers on the receipt, she just didn't want to help me with my exchange. Her second attempt at keying in the numbers from my receipt was successful (she tried to say she couldn't help me before she even tried to key in the item number) and I eventually got my refund. The whole time she gave me a lot of attitude and tried to tell me she couldn't do the return before she even tried doing anything.

It shouldn't be so difficult to buy or return an item here and these associates shouldn't express this sort of attitude to their customers out of nowhere. I will not shop here ever again because of the service. I noticed the average score is 3 ish stars for Saks and I think this is a error. I see a lot of 1 star and 2 star written reviews for Saks but no 5 star ot 4 star reviews. There are no reviews about a Saks employee going above and beyond for a customer, being kind and courteous to a customer, nothing...

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information