3.9/5 (603 ratings)

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Original review: March 5, 2022

I around Christmas I received as a gift a pair of the Christian Louboutin flip flops. Unfortunately the shoes seem to be a little too small so upon the return of the shoe at the Saks in my area they told me they did not have the next size up but I could place the order online. The funds were refunded and I went online to place the order as suggested. The size was available. I placed the order, paid and was given a confirmation that I would receive the shoe by MARCH 22nd 2022. The date of the order was placed JANUARY 9th 2022. Disappointed but still accepted it. As of February 4th 2022 I received another email saying that the shoe would not arrive until APRIL 12th 2023. This prompted me to call the customer service department and see if I could get some answers.

I spoke with Natalie Who was very friendly also very useless in her robotic speech of how that's just the way things go. I told her that I saw the shoe online for purchase as of the other day As I was doing shopping for other items items. She at that point said that I could cancel the order the order and get it by April 2nd But that wasn't even certain as things can change and dates can be pushed back again. I asked were there other recourses that I could take At this point. She just looped the speech she had told me previously. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told one was unavailable. I made her aware of how I felt about the treatment that I had received. Again she started a robotic speech about an apology. Being that this is Saks Fifth Avenue and not some online mom and pop I truly Anticipated better treatment and customer service than this. I am TRULY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

If I could rate 0 stars I would. I placed 2 orders at the beginning of last month. Supposed to be delivered via Fedex, SIGNATURE REQUIRED. I woke from home, there is no way I would miss a package. Fedex lied and said they delivered both packages with signature. I have called SAKS and Fedex at least 10 times to ask for proof of signature. I have been hung up on, then finally told there is nothing either party can do. Over $400 of hard earned Money lost because SAKS refuses to take responsibility and would rather just take and keep my money.

Resolution response: March 19, 2022

Received.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

LIAR. The horrible horrible shopping experience, I did a return 3mon ago, I called Saks customer service million of time to get my refund, They gave me THE SAME ANSWER: "We did issue your refund. You will receive it." That is the BIG LIE, 3months passed I still have not received it!!! I wish I could give NEGATIVE STAR!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I received a sweater on 1/13/22 and returned it the same day since it was too large. I saw from my tracking info that they received it back on 1/21/22 so I called a few days later to inquire when I would be refunded to my PayPal account. I was told it would take up to 10 business days to see my refund so I waited patiently. On February 2nd, I received an email saying that they would be issuing me a gift card for $163.30, the price of the returned sweater. I immediately called customer service and told them I did not want a gift card, I wanted a refund to my original payment method (PayPal). The customer service rep opened a "case" for me and provided me with the case number.

I just received an email on February 5th saying that they (Saks) are reviewing my case and would make a decision in 2-6 business days, then the refund (if they determined it was justified) would take an additional 10 days. The kicker is they didn't even reference the right "case number" in the email. Complete incompetence! How difficult is it to refund a purchase to the original payment method??!! I opened a dispute with PayPal and I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware... don't expect Saks customer service to help in any way, shape or form. Needless to say, I'll never shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

If I can give negative stars, I would. I ordered a jacket on 12/5 and I was notified it was delivered on 12/11. I didn't get the delivery and notified Saks right away on 12/13. The item was not in stock anymore so I wasn't able to get an a replacement. Instead, I was told that an investigation was started and that an refund will be issued 7-10 days after the investigation was complete in about 2 weeks. I forgot that it was going to take so long and called Saks again on 1 2/21 asking about the refund which they told me would be issued in 7-10 days. Come January, I still haven't received my refund. I called 1/18 and asked about and was told that my claim was denied and that I wouldn't be getting a refund for the jacket that they didn't deliver!!!

I'm so confused. This is supposed to be a luxury department store? What part about is luxury other than selling luxury goods??? They treat their customers like incompetent liars. Furthermore, all their customer service needs to do is file a claim with Fedex and they will get their money back (and return my money) but they are refusing to do this step. The recipient, can't make the claim without their authorization to do so it's extremely frustrating and very ridiculous. NO OTHER PLACE MAKES THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS DO THIS! You can also see from previous reviews that this is a pattern. Saks doesn't fulfil the shipment/delivery and instead steals customers money. BUY AND SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will now make sure no one around me ever shops at SAKS again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Absolutely horrific experience with what is supposed to be a "luxury" retailer. I ordered a top from them in December and upon receiving it realized they sent me the incorrect top (with the tags for the correct top). I called CS immediately and she was extremely apologetic and helpful and said to return the one I received and that the correct top would be sent out to me. A week later, I called back and was told the correct top wouldn't be sent out to me until I returned the one I received. I needed it ASAP so I just ordered another one and sent back the incorrect item.

It has been 3 weeks since I shipped it back and I have yet to receive a refund. The agents I spoke with kept telling me it was received and to allow 10 biz days for the refund to process. I checked in again a couple days ago and the live chat agents kept disconnecting so I sent an email to which I just received a response that Saks is now claiming the shirt I sent in was not from them and I will not be refunded. I will now be disputing this with my credit card company.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Agents answer with names like Shamika, Tamika who place calls on mute and then disconnect customers. Most of them couldn’t understand basic questions. What a shameful way to run a prestigious business. Agents lie and say their computers are broken then hang up on you! Never ordering here again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I order shoes with a promo and they sent me wrong size. I want to exchange for the other my correct size. That's not an option. I offered to purchase the correct size with the 200$ and I was refused and told that not an option. But I'm like unsent me the wrong size. Blah blah. Jeannie very rude and doesn't want to help. I guess they will ultimately lose the $700 because lack of laziness in helping me. And secondly I tried ordering a wallet online and didn't offer gift wrapping or expedited shipping so I called and jeannie from tampa couldn't help.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I am very upset with my experience working with Sharon ** at Chanel. I bought a bag through her and it is only 3 months old and is fraying all over. A $4,000.00 bag should not be fraying only used a handful of times and only 3 months old. I reached out to Sharon and she is very dismissive towards me, rude, and pretty much said there’s nothing she can do to help me. She is all about making a sale and isn’t there for you when you need a repair. I will not work with her again or buy a bag from this Chanel again. As a client who spends a lot at Chanel I am very, very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I made a purchase on Black Friday and at the time of checkout I applied the promo code where I'm suppose to get a $75 gift card with my purchase. Unfortunately, I never received the gift card when my package came and so I called customer service twice and they basically said the code was never applied. I'm 100% sure I applied it because I saw it in the cart at the time of checkout and I purposely bought two pairs of pants because of the promo! Anyway, my point is even if there is a glitch in their system, I'm still suppose to be eligible for the promo and they should send one out...but I was denied. Twice on the phone, they said they messaged to higher up...never heard back. I decided to chat them online...they closed the box...SO RUDE. WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Do not order from Saks website. Just order from the designer website directly. Will lie about your order being in 'backroom" for pickup then cancel order last minute. Save yourself the burden and just go to the designer website. You will end up waiting a week for an order just for it to be canceled.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I bought a pair of shoes from Saks Fifth Avenue over a week ago. However, the seller never shipped my package. I asked customer service for a refund but they refused my request. Now I lost my money and did not get anything from this shop. This is the worst shopping experience ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I ordered a blouse online, returned it same day I received it. They received the return but didn't issue a refund. I contacted customer service with difficulty, they dropped calls. Finally, they promised to issue a refund on a certain date but they still hadn't. So they basically stole my money.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Ordered Amouage fragrance from website #saksfifthavenue using a 20% off promo. Upon unwrapping all the layers this is what was inside. For a nanosecond I thought I was like the boy in Willy Wonka who won the golden ticket. Then I realized that a very sophisticated theft had occurred, likely an inside job, and the coins were placed to approximate the weight of the perfume bottle. Customer service at Saks offered a refund, after keeping me on hold for close to an hour. However, they refused to honor the original discount should I buy the product again, which was now sold out anyway.

I have shopped at Saks for years and have purchased many fragrances from them. For a store with the reputation of Saks Fifth Avenue, I find their customer service sorely lacking. At work I'm on the "Patient Experience Committee". Perhaps Saks should pay more attention to their clientele if they want to retain them. Many other shopping options exist. Shame on you Saks!.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Do not. I repeat do not buy anything online. They are a huge sham. Their customer service is a bigger sham. Absolute sham. My friend gave me a gift card for my birthday, I went to use it. The website prompts you to enter a credit card when using a gift card and does not allow you to move forward with the purchase unless you’ve done so, they state, just in case the amount is greater than the amount on the gift card. Mine was not. It charged my credit card anyway. No joke.

Hours upon hours later spent on the phone, and they kept tricking me and ducking and dodging to avoid refunding my credit card. I called them to give them the gift card, take it, take all of it, they refused. They’re refusing to work with the credit card company after I refuted the charge. All in all Saks is a scam and a fraud. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME trying to reach customer service or a supervisor because you will be waiting and waiting for hours, probably just to keep you on hold long enough to where you’ll want to hang up. Absolutely abhorrent. An abhorrent business.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I'm extremely disappointed with the experience at Saks Fifth Ave Chanel boutique at Boca Town Center Mall, I bought a $8300 bag from them and they packed a damaged piece which was on their display, when I noticed I tried to return it but they refused to do it. It was my 20th anniversary & birthday gift from my husband but it's just a disappointment, they have ruined my birthday & anniversary. I was waiting for this bag for so long and paid so much money for disappointment. I will never shop from saks fifth or Chanel again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Their website posted a discount of 20% off. I placed an $800 order and they removed the discount right as I ordered and refused to honor it. I tried emailing their Customer Service and the email BOUNCED as undeliverable. I called twice and spoke to their call center in South Africa and they said they would fix it and I got an email saying they would not fix it. Run Away.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

On 9/26 I purchased a handbag online & was given complimentary shipping which was appreciated. My package was out for delivery 9/29, then I received email from FedEx saying it can not be delivered due to incorrect street number. I called FedEx & was told to call Saks. I called Saks & the rep told me to call FedEx. I told rep & asked him to call FedEx. I was on hold while he was trying to contact FedEx then he said he was unable to get hold of anybody.

So now I have to redirect my package to a holding location which is an inconvenience for me bec. the nearest location is far from my house. I will have to go pick it up myself. Then I remember years ago this is the same company where I ordered some items that was said “ delivered” but never was. It took at least 2 months to get a refund. I should have known but I learned my lesson this time. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Went shopping online for a suit, had a question about size and decided to try customer service (which these days aren't very good in many places). They were great, bought a few items and the site was easy to navigate, was able to return a shirt without a hassle (unlike some other stores) and they had excellent customer service. A+.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I ordered the Ella Tote and FedEx claimed that they delivered my package. However, they did not. Saks refuse to refund me because it shows delivered, no signature required. Do not order online from this store. This was my first and last time. I now have to call Chase to get a refund.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I bought a Versace t-shirts from them Which never delivered from my house. I have camera in front of my door. This day I received package from Neiman Marcus In from Bloomingdale's But not my Versace t-shirts from Saks. I call customer service. OMG those people are the worst. The guy even dare to ask me to send them proof of where I was when the package was delivered. I was so offended that a company can treat people that spend money on the ** like that. My advice to you buy your products somewhere else. I promise you will be a lot more at peace.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Back in March I call over the phone to place a order for a purchase for over $700, asked that a signature be required so I know my package is placed in my hand. I even overnight shipped which was an extra $75. FedEx forged my name and left package on my porch which got stolen. Saks and Fed ex went back and forth about who’s going to pay me. Then Saks told me they’ll give my money back if I file a claim with fed ex. They’ll refund, told me I’ll get my money in 2 weeks. No money ever showed so I called then they tell me under review. Waited 3 weeks told me they can’t, then Manager Engrid or Ingrid tells me to do a police report and I will receive my money, 2 weeks since no money. I called 7/8/21 and the worker said Engrid put in the notes to decline my claim but she’s the one who keeps telling what to do to get my money. It’s now July and this took place in March. I need my money back. Worst company ever.

Original review: July 1, 2021

WOW. Where do I even start? I did not expect this kind of horrible service from this company but I will NEVER purchase anything from here again. On June 26th, I texted a sales associate to place an order for designer heels. Upon charging my debit card for $1040.26, the SA claimed that the order could not be processed and asked me to check to see if my bank flagged the charge as fraudulent activity (which in fact, I now believe it is). I double checked and the money had been taken from my bank account. In fact, I even called my bank and confirmed that the transaction was not a pending charge and they even provided a transaction ID #.

The day after (Sunday), I called and spoke to the SA, who explained that there was a glitch in the system with charging the card, but because she did not receive an order number, she could not process the order for me. She claimed that the money should be reversed back to the account in 24-48 hours and that "sorry but there is nothing she could do." She repeatedly mentioned not being able to do anything and claimed her manager could not do anything either. Not even offering any empathy or a gift card of some sort to keep the customer happy. How is this kind of customer service acceptable? To add on, I called the SA numerous times on Monday and Tuesday, and she is yet to respond to my calls and texts. Another red flag.

After being ignored by the SA, on Tuesday, I received a call from a gentleman named Brian (one of the managers) who said he has contacted corporate and received information that I will be refunded by end of day Wednesday. He also heard my frustration and ensured he will do everything to help me get my money back. He provided his cell phone number and told me to reach him if I do not receive a refund. He also informed me to escalate the issue to corporate with the phone number 800-238-3089 but that number is unreachable as well. Another red flag.

After not seeing the money back in my account, I reached out to Brian on Wednesday (4 days after the initial charge) around 2-3 pm in the afternoon when he informed me that he will follow up with corporate and get a status update on my refund. Brian did not call me back and in fact he is now unreachable as well. His phone is off and my texts to him are undeliverable. THIRD red flag.

On Wednesday at 6 pm, I received a voicemail from a woman named Camille, who provided NO information on my issue, except that she "is leaving the office for the day, will not be in on Thursday or Friday and will return on Saturday and will try to call me again on Saturday to speak to me about my issue." How is it acceptable to have a customer wait in the dark for 2 EXTRA days to receive information on where her money is? One thousand and forty dollars that was taken from a customer FIVE DAYS ago? Money that should have NEVER been taken from the account is now lost in the dark with your sales associates not providing any information or any resolution whatsoever. That is all I am left with now.

How is this kind of service and fraudulent activity acceptable? How is it okay for your company to take a customer's money and provide NO resolution, no customer service and continuously make the customer wait and chase after what is rightfully theirs? The $1040.26 should have NEVER been taken from my account in the first place. If there was a glitch in the system, the money should have been refunded back right away. I have no fault in any of this besides trusting your company to process the order for me. Saks Fifth Avenue has taken $1040.26 from me and is YET to provide the money back to me.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Experienced the worst customer service this month that I've encountered - anywhere. Item arrived, as described, but the price tag on the garment was $20 less than what I paid. Normally, this is something Saks has happily fixed in the past. BUT, because the experience was so different, I decided to research if the company had been bought. Worse - Saks Fifth Avenue spun off its entire etail (the whole of the website) to a holding company. They've certainly outsourced the site's call center. It was clearly overseas - this was new. I could hear dogs barking in the background and was put on hold several times over three calls - two of which "dropped" and I was disconnected.

The supervisor who I eventually got to - an escalation associates repeatedly told me was not available - immediately resolved the problem and issued a credit for the price discrepancy - after I sent her photos - a process that took several, frustrating tries. I receive a $50 credit with my Amex twice a year and will only shop there for the $100/year I am credited. I'm not even sure I want to shop their brick and mortar anymore. With so many options, why would I shop here? How would they handle a worse problem than this? And why and where are they selling/sourcing items at a lower price? It's dishonesty served with a heaping side dish of "customer" service.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a perfume online on 3.19.2021. The order was apparently delivered and I never received it. The company will not credit/refund/or send a replacement. They will not do anything if you do not receive your order. They will simply rob you. All the representatives do not know what they are doing! Worst of worst!

Will not spend a single penny in this store ever again.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I purchased a pair of Ferragamo shoes from Saks, which did not have clear information on the size of the width (strangely they have different widths for the size). I am a small person and have always wore the narrowest shoes if there are options so ordered a size plus just to be safe. However, when they came, they were way too small and narrow and would not fit when I tried them on. When I took them to Saks store and also called customer service, they refuse to let me return or give me any kind of coupon or form of consolation. Very money-oriented company and treats customers terribly. Do Not waste your money by giving business to this company!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

I returned an item at Saks Fifth Avenue online. They are not refunding me. They are just giving me rhetoric and run around. That it’s my bank. I just want my money. DONT SHOP HERE! I’m reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: May 19, 2021

No longer exclusive - seriously overpriced. Too much cheaply made labels on sale. Staff lazy and not helpful. Dressing rooms dirty with many pins on floor. Not the store of my shopping from over 50 years! Macy and Bloomingdales are better staffed but also too much “stuff”. - Hard to move about store due to crowded spaces.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Purchased a high end handbag on May 9th and that was the only time I received an email from them. Fast forward to Saturday May 15th with no communication from them regarding that purchase so I decided to call the store. I spoke to a rep and was given the most outstanding lip service I’ve ever received! We went round and round and I was told something about system upgrades etc., and Nothing was resolved at all! I had also emailed them the day before this and was given a case # and was told I would hear back from someone but that day never came.

Today is May 17th and just thinking about all this from a supposedly reputable store/company? was making me madder by the minute so I decided to do a chat. I was basically told the same mumbo jumbo (they sent me the systems upgrade form info and when I asked what was really going on I got nowhere?) What is going on here? I cancelled my order because they could give me No info about it or when it would ship. Has this store been hijacked? because this is crazy. I will Never shop here again - I’m just thankful I escaped with my money.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Terrible!!! I returned an item 2 months ago and am still not reimbursed for it. I called them 8 times and every time I get a different answer but never a resolution. They just keep on postponing and few times they hanged up on me! I can't believe that this happens with Saks! I just want my money back!

Saks Fifth Avenue Company Information