3.3/5 (1241 ratings)

About Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Today January 24, 2023 I went to Ross Azalea Squad Summerville SC and realized that 2 employees were placing sales tags on women's shoes. I wanted to take advantage but to my surprise one of the managers walked next to one of them to stay with the best shoes and the ones she liked. Almost that she did not allow the approach through the corridor where they placed these labels because without saying anything she did not give space to take the shoes until she gave her approval. In a few seconds she left that corridor and I managed to take some boots that I liked because they had just placed the sale label. Immediately the manager returned and when she saw that I had taken the shoes that I liked, she made a comment to the employee that because she did not keep them and she replied that she forgot. What little professional ethics of this manager! Really unprofessional in my opinion! I left because it wasn't nice!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

December 8, 2022, I purchased items from Ross department store in Destin, Florida. The next day I returned the items with the receipt. The assistant manager insinuated that I was a thief because the item did not have the tag on it. I had a receipt showing that I made the purchase. However, the assistant manager rudely decided she would look at the security cameras. I am appalled that I was targeted for suspicious of a crime based on my race. I have been calling headquarters and waiting since December 9, 2022 for Ross Headquarters to address this situation properly. It’s shameful that in 2023 people have no morals, values or kindness toward each other. The assistant manager, in this situation, was rewarded by the District manager for being a racist. Shame on you Ross Department Store. If this happened to me; I am sure it has and will continue to happen to others.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I was running late for work 6 so I didn't have time to go home and grab my work clothes so I thought I'll just run in and grab some clothes real quick at Ross. Boy was I wrong. I went to try on some shoes. My feet have been swollen lately because of diabetes. I don't have much feeling in my feet so when I tried on the shoe and felt this really bad pain in my toe it really scared me. At first I forgot where we lived. I thought it was a scorpion. I started crying ow ow. I pulled my foot out and my toe next to my big toe had a tack almost like a nail sticking out of my toe from a security device that someone had carelessly left inside the shoe and now it was all the way into my toe. No one that worked there came to help me. This nice little older lady came over and pulled it out. I couldn't do it. Hurt so bad when I put my flip flop back.

On there was blood all over them. One of the sales associates just put the shoes back on the shelf and put the tack piece with the rest of the security devices. I probably should be telling my business but I have Hep C. What if somebody were to get pricked by that. Neither one of them should have went back on the shelf. The lady that was greeting the customers said, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. Do you want a Band-Aid or something?" Nobody seemed to be doing anything so I started taking pictures. I took a picture of the shoe, took a picture of the tack and I said, "Well what am I supposed to tell the hospital? Is there a paper I need or something cuz I have to go get a tetanus shot."

She said let me call the manager and the manager took his sweet time like 10 min just to come up front to see what was going on. Mind you I was running was late for work by that time. I just limped around looking for the clothes I needed. I proceeded to walk to go check out. I again ask manager is there a paper that I need to give the hospital. He then sighed like he was irritated by this and said, "I guess I better do an incident report" and no if they have any questions they can just call over here and proceeded to ask me what happened and that was it and then he walked back in the back and I walked up front and the line was like a mile long and do you believe that they had me standing in line for 15 minutes till I threw a fit and said, "I can't believe this. You still have me stand in line here bleeding and I'm still standing in line. You don't even me to the front of the line. What kind of service is this?"

Then he calls the manager and says the lady that hurt her foot she wants to get to the front of the line and manager must have said hang on a second. I was like no. I asked the other customers that were in line, "Can I just go? My foot really hurts. I'm bleeding everywhere." They said, "Yeah go ahead." Someone seem kind of irritated. Also what do you expect? I guess an irritated environment causes irritated people. I just can't believe any of this happened and the service I got was crap. It's like no one has a heart anymore and the customer service is not there at all. No. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? That's what I was taught even though that's not always true.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I have to go from store to store to TRY and find something. The sizes are enough. Style doesn’t change. And to have the same thing for months and then goes to sale rack. The price needs to be reduce more.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Too bad there isn’t a way to leave a negative star. Checkout line was all the way at the back of the store. Stood in the checkout line for over an hour to make my purchase. It’s a Saturday afternoon and only 1 employee working. The manager on duty…when approached about the long wait time/line responded that she was going on lunch break! Wow!!!! The store was dirty and items were scarce, damaged, and some were on the floor. This was my 2nd time visiting a Ross store. Taking them off my list of places to shop.

Original review: March 22, 2022

The worse Ross I've been to is the one at the RIM in San Antonio Texas. The cashiers are have no class, with zero customer service skills. I wonder if they are trained to through the clothes in the bag with no care. (It doesn't take extra time to even fold them a little so that they don't get so very wrinkle.) Please! Do not ever go to their bathrooms... They are Disgusting!!! I don't think is worth the couple of dollars you may save by shopping there.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Was at Ross trying on some pants. Went to the Ross fitting room were I was met with a sullen, surly woman who barked orders to me. The woman made me sit shoes I wanted to buy over in a corner. After I tried on the pants I gave them to her. She threw them in a clothes heap. I come in a 2 time leave the room she accuses me of stealing, brings in security. Got interrogated until I pointed out to them the missing pants carelessly thrown on a clothes pile. I'd rather pay more elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Under sale of goods act purse not fit for purpose. Refused to even exchange even under 6 hours of purchase as the manager not on site even after explaining there was no store tag when item was purchased but cash register receipt provided.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

It would be really nice if you all would stop putting the price stickers on the inside of the shoe. It’s super sticky and hard to get off and your foot sticks and it’s gross. I will stop buying your shoes if this continues no one wants sticky shoes…. Common sense people….

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Customer abuse! This particular Ross in Denver Colorado off of W. Colfax Ave. closes at 10 o’clock. I arrived at the store at 9:50 PM. I was looking for a dog bed for my dog’s birthday the next day. I am a very fast shopper and only needed 1 to 2 minutes to find what I am looking for. When I got to the door, the doors were locked. I’ve worked in customer service my entire life. All doors of businesses are to remain unlocked until closing time. Unless, you are working by yourself and need to go to the bathroom or have a lunch break.

There were customers in the store shopping around still when I knocked on the door as loss prevention/security was standing at the front door with his arms crossed. He said they were closed and shook his head and waved me off. I said the doors are supposed to remain unlocked until 10:00 PM. A lady (I found out later she was the assistant manager named Valorie) came over and unlock the door and said you only have five minutes. As I walked inside I said, "You can’t close the doors until 10:00 PM." I quickly walked in and the loss prevention guy said, “they’re not gonna check you out”. In a very rude and stern voice. He was roughly 20 years old. I felt very rushed and like he was being very rude And condescending to me. I went over to the dog section and looked for a dog bed. It took me only 2 minute from starting at the door then back to the door. I went up to loss prevention and said it only took me 2 minute and it’s now 9:53.

He was again very rude to me so I decided to go up to some associates and tell them how rude he was being to me. Two of the associates were like.. "I don’t know what to do," so they referred me to the manager. I turned around and I tried speaking to the manager but that associate said I’m not the manager and directed me to another lady. The lady who I was directed to was not the manager and turned out to be the assistant manager. Her name was Valorie. Her arms were Crossed and I asked for the loss prevention associate's name because I was very upset at how rude he treated me. And she said, "Well how was he rude because he asked you to leave because we were closing." And I told her that we still had five minutes to shop. The doors weren’t supposed to be closed. She was beginning to be very rude to me arguing with me and told me that I was arguing with her, which was not true at all. I was addressing her as ma’am.

I then asked for her name. And she said, "Why are you asking for my name?" I told her this was extremely poor customer service. I completely felt like I was being bullied. And she kept saying, "Everyone wants to go home. We leave at 10 o’clock." When in reality the store closes at 10 o’clock. The employees leave after the shoppers when the store closes at 10!!! Then she continue to tell me that she shouldn’t have opened the door for me. Which I couldn’t figure out why she would say that since the doors are supposed to remain open till 10! All of the other employees except for loss prevention kept her mouth shut because they knew I was right. Then she asked me to leave and I told her I’m not leaving until the store closes at 10 o’clock. I haven’t done anything wrong! I decided to do more shopping until 10:00 PM. And this is when it got extremely more abusive.

Loss prevention, Daniel, decided to follow me not even a foot behind me while I combed the aisle looking at sports bras. I pulled out an Under Armor sports bra. He said “that’s a nice one”, and I said. "Yeah, it’s a great company." He continued to say, “not for you though”. That’s when I decided to pull out a piece of paper from my bag and started to write down everything that Valorie and Daniel did to me so I had documentation. As a finish coming through that particular aisle, Daniel stepped on my feet. I stopped and he was no more than 6 inches away from me and he was clacking his teeth his teeth at me. He also said, "Go ahead and write anything you want. It’s not going to affect me." Still flowing my every move, making me feel like I was a potential thief or something. He then offered me a facemask and I graciously said, "Yes please." As he was handing me the facemask, he yanked it away and said, "Ha ha not for you, just kidding."

I just smiled and said, "That’s OK, thanks." Then Valorie, the Assistant manager came over and started aggressively yelling at me, saying “I bet this is just what you do. You like to start trouble”. And I said, “actually I don’t like to start trouble. I am just disgusted by how horrible and how rude you have been to me. All I wanted was one minute to go check on the dog beds and you and Daniel have been extremely rude to me saying that you’re not gonna check me out and at first wouldn’t let me in the store!! Then yelled at me and followed me around, stepped on me and made clanking noises at me. This whole thing could’ve been avoided if you just kept your doors open.” And Valorie said, “if you’re not gone by 10 o’clock I’m calling the cops on you”. And I said, "OK awesome. You admitted that you need to keep the doors open by 10 o’clock."

Valorie continue to say that I’m a spoiled brat who was two years old and get whatever I want. I have no idea where that came from, I bet she was just upset. While I was leaving I decided to grab a free facemask and Daniel said “Good. Cover up that ugly face. You’re ugly ** and no one wants to see you”. And while I was leaving I said, "I’m absolutely disgusted on how horrible you’ve treated me." I said I will be reporting it. The entire time I did not say anything rude, I did not use a single swearword, I did not raise my voice or use any sort of profanity. The only thing I did, was knock on the door at 9:50 PM asking to be let in because the doors were supposed to remain open until 10:00 PM. My shopping was completed at 9:53 PM when there were still shoppers in the store. If I could, I would give the store less than one star.

I suffer from an eating disorder and body dysmorphia and the fact that the loss prevention thinks that they can call someone ugly while on the clock and getting paid is absolutely ludicrous. That is not in their job description. It took everything in my power not to say something mean back to him but I knew that I had to be the bigger person. I knew that he was suffering deep down inside and felt like he need to take it out on me. I truly hope that someone higher up who works for Ross dress for less reads this and realize that their employees treat their customers (who are potentially buying something and fueling their paychecks) like yesterday’s garbage. I will now never shop at Ross again and spend the extra money at Target because they have extremely great customer service.

Ross Dress For Less Company Information