2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

Ross Dress For Less Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I shop Ross in Delray Beach on Atlantic Ave. Whenever you need to return something they act very bad like you stole it. If you don't have a receipt they don't look it up with your card like any other good store. The manager teams up with her crew against the customer. She treated me very nasty. Also at first she didn't want to come out at all and when she finally come out she ignored me at first speaking to her peers. Didn't even say hi. And when she finally kind of spoke to me she was very rude and uncooperative. All I came in is to return a bag that the zipper is not working for $12. I can't imagine what will be the reaction if I came with a more expensive item.

Ross wake up. It is 2020 in a pandemic time where a lot of other retail stores would love our business. And when they smile when you return an item. You want to go back in and spend more. This is not the first time it happened in this store but it is the first time I am writing about it. I did find my receipt when I got home. But I will never step in a store that don't respect me a human being and a customer. They don't deserve our business.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Watch out for the loss prevention (tall skinny ** guy with glasses, light brown/blonde hair and wearing a plain black mask). He needs to be fired, he didn't tell anyone about the hangers until I was at the front of the line and I had to rush to get them off before I could check out. Then when I was almost done, he THEN specified which hangers and I apparently wasn't supposed to take the white ones off.

After I finally made it to checkout, I was voicing my concerns to the cashier when he pops into our conversation by yelling, berating me, being condescending, telling me over and over about how wrong I am, acting like I am stupid and apparently "hard of hearing" (even though both my mother and I heard him clearly) and wouldn't let me get a word in. I have PTSD and health issues where I will literally DIE if I get put in enough stress and because of him, I had a panic attack, couldn't breathe, and was crying hysterically when I finally left the store. I never want to come back because of him and this was my favorite store to go to.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I love the Ross store on Hanes Mall Blvd. in Winston-Salem, NC, however, I had my first bad experience yesterday while trying to return two pairs of pants on separate receipts. Both pants were the same price. I requested a store voucher for one pair of the pants due to the purchase being over 30 days. The second pair of pants I requested the refund to go back to my credit card. I told the cashier that I wanted to repurchase the second return with the voucher she gave me for the first return.

The cashier asked me to insert my credit card and she charged the repurchase pants to my credit card. The cashier was very defensive and rude and threw the receipt into the bag and the manager came over and tried to tell me the cashier did the transaction correctly until I pulled the receipt out of the bag which proved that the cashier had charged me for the pants on my credit card. The manager corrected the error. He was very nice and professional and also apologized, he also offer me a discount on my next purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Six cousins, 14-23 years old decided to make a quick stop before going to play volleyball to look for shirts. Apparently we were not made aware that 6 exceeds the limit of how many ** people could enter the store. Not only were they followed (we are very used to that, and have all been taught not to touch too many things), but the security guard decided to stand two feet from them and then get on his little walkie talkie thing and state “yes, I have two of them right here!” This store made sure they would not have a comfortable experience. And because of that, they will NEVER see another GREEN dollar from me! It sickens me that we still have to endure this! I have been a loyal customer for decades in multiple states!!! Too bad I wasn’t the one that exceeded the limit and it was my children that made to feel less than worthy to shop at ROSS!???

Original review: July 12, 2020

I tried returning clothes I’d lost the receipt for and was told they were marked down to fifty cents each, so that’s what I’d be receiving. The tags on the clothes not only indicated no markdowns, but I’ve never seen any clothing at Ross sell for less than five dollars.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The product is ok, the price is ok but the service is really bad, the manager is not prescribed, try to generate fight with the customers for no reason. I hate them all. Not recommended for good and kind people.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I tried to contact them thru Ross Dress For Less complaint form. But it wouldn't go though. One of their newest location in the city of Perris, C.A. 92571 Do not support Handicap customers! ADA requires all retail stores to make their stores handicap accessible!! Their store is not handicap friendly! There are no signs displayed, They did not assist me at all, I had to stand in line like everyone else! Thank goodness I had the basket to lean on. I asked why didn't they have assistance for handicap? The cashier said she didn't know! This is the only Ross store in Perris, and it's new! They have time to make changes while they're closed! Due to Covid-19, I hope they comply!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

As a bargain hunter, I found that Ross rarely lets me down. They offer brand names, great selection, and prices that can’t be beat. Why pay more for the same things at a crowded mall or purchase the unknown online and then return? I love it!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Ross Dress For Less is my favorite place to shop! They carry plus size clothing, shoes and purses. They also have a wide variety of home goods. On Tuesday you can get a Senior discount. Locations are convenient and hours.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I returned a pair of jogging pants to the Baytown, TX Highway 146 North Ross store today 12-26-2019. The pants didn't fit and I had no receipt. The clerk gave me a store credit for about 30% less than what the tags said the pants cost. She said that was store policy. Who would have the receipt from a Christmas gift? I will never buy any gifts from a store that has a return policy like that. I checked their return policy online and nothing was mentioned about with holding 30%.

Roy