1.40/5

478 Ross Dress For Less Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

Ross Dress for Less is a store that have policies like your works also (if you guys work) have.. Piss me off people that not respect the rules for example (fitting room. You can try only 8 items - no more - and you have to put the hangers on because the associates have to check and count your items cuz a lot people switch prices or stole items and the same think when you come back wherever you taking or no).

Returns. You have only 30 days to return the items. The form that you pay the items is the form that they give to you your money, you have to bring your recipe and then they can give to you your money. If no they only can give to you a store credit, and obviously if you don’t use the item cuz don’t fit you or don’t like it has to have all the prices tags because you don’t used. If you bring your item like dirty or without prices did you think they will believe you that you don’t used? Cashier. The computers has a timer. They have to be faster for any transaction. For this reason when you insert your card or pay cash they call another customer. They can’t make holds for any item.

And I can still talking more about the rules but guys you don’t get embarrassed when you see items in the floor and you just go by (and then you want a discount because is dirty) or when you don’t want something and you leaving the item anywhere. So before for critic the rules people managers etc check what you do and I’m pretty sure in your jobs have rules and policies also and you can’t broken. Thank you????

Original review: March 17, 2019

I got a pair of D Jeans (skinny) and D jeans (skinny) dress pants, which I love. Most of my tops come from Ross. Household items also. I don't worry about the service which is usually good in Bel Air, MD. I shop at Ross regularly for clothes since I find cute tops. Get there when new seasonal clothes come in as the cute stuff goes quickly.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I went shopping at Ross Dress For Less in Douglasville Ga Today and the service was fantastic. An employee was able to help me take my bigger household items upfront for me and informed the cashier of my intent to purchase. When I got through the long line (which is expected since it's Thanksgiving/Black Friday week) the cashier I arrived at (Summer) knew exactly which items were mine that were held up front. I felt so overjoyed! She gave me a pleasant experience and even helped me put my items in my car, once I pulled up front. I wish more Ross stores had this amazing service!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I bought a pair of shoes for my daughter and they are trash. Fell apart first wear and we have the receipt and the store would not take them back. We were going to make another purchase but we didn’t and won’t be back.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I return one of the item but they didn’t accept my returns with receipt,, It’s shoes yes we have to try it if it fit or not and so I did it but rudely cashier behavior.. I said I want to try another size but also they didn’t,, They can’t return or exchange,,, Disgusting Ross,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: April 23, 2019

On 04/23/19 at 345 pm, I went to Ross in Coral Springs on Westview Rd and near University drive. I had a disabled cart that I was driving due to me just having a surgery where I can’t walk much. The loss Prevention Officer came over and told me that the cart was not allowed because it was not theirs. Well, I asked, "Do you have a wheelchair or disabled cart that I can used" and he replied no. I then asked, "Are you telling me I can’t shopped" and he said the cart was not allowed. How do expect disabled customers to shop.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My husband and I went to shop for a few things after dinner. We walked in to store 347 in Boyton Beach, FL. What we thought was a natural disaster, but after asking staff this was a normal chain of events. There were more clothes and shoes on the filthy floors than on shelves and hangers. It looked like a garage sale gone bad mixed with a train wreck of a Goodwill store. No... that does a disservice to Goodwill, they take pride in their appearance.

There were two poor girls at the registers, with THREE other registers empty, with no help in sight. The line went to the back of the store. There were two security guards that stood and did nothing but flirt with the girls at the register, but did nothing to help situation. I told the girls at the register they were doing a great job and I felt bad for them. WE ALL DID. Someone wanted to buy them dinner, they would have had no time to sit and eat it. What a poor excuse for a company that cares about their reputation or employees. It was disgraceful!!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I went to Ross to return a pair of Crocs for kids that I bought in Ala Moana, the other Ross is located outside the mall. I got my receipt but the item didn’t have a ticket when I bought it. The lady at the cash register scan the same item but different size, she didn’t mention was going to have a hard time return it in different store. I go there after work 1130 pm, because I happen to work in the mall in retail. Go figure???

This lady manager the happen to have a name tag just like the one the lady at the cash register has. I can I tell she is a manager. She told I have go back to Ala Moana Mall because they have looks at security cameras to verify if bought the item there 12 dollars, I did not stole a 12 dollars item, I got the receipt, and in the receipt description happen to said the color of item and the brand. Is this not obvious. This store have do More training to accommodate the customers, how is the my fault that they didn’t make ticket for the items in case I need it to exchange it, which I was intended to do. The item happen to be the same brand Crocs in a different color 12 bucks???

Original review: March 21, 2019

@Ross_Stores I’m deeply saddened to say after being loyal customer for the past 11 years, the Ross store at Almaden Plaza in San Jose couldn’t help the customer to get back the product what I paid for. I had a receipt for the amount $198.87 and missed one single product ($15.99) in the store, rather the lady forgot to bag it to me after scan and I was also in rush with crying toddler to pick my son from school. After going home found one of the item missing and sure she forgot to bag and thoroughly checked in car as well.

Next day when I visited with receipt the so called Assistant manager was not willing to listen nor help, she did go through the security camera but kept saying she did see the product was in the cart whereas it wasn’t in the cart when I picked and the same product with the same code was found in the aisle. Still she didn’t want to believe and now I strongly believe she is not gone through the security cam thoroughly and had to standby what she had to say. Here I returned sadden losing out money. This is definitely going to stop me henceforth shopping @ Ross.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Horrible experience at Ross today, March 10, 2019. Their fitting room policy is horrible. They counted the items and patted them very well before I could go in the fitting room and try them on. The worst part is when I come out and hand the associate, Rome is his name, the plastic number, my number was a 5, I hand him back 4 items and have one item on my hand. He sees the item on my hand and I’m thinking that’s it so I start walking because I’m going to purchase the item. He starts calling me rudely to go back saying that I have to hang it with the other items and he has to check it.

It was embarrassing hearing him calling me rudely to come back in front of other people. I was treated like I was a thief. I told him to never mind and that I don’t want it after all. So disappointed! I asked the loss prevention lady if that is procedure and she said it is and I told her that’s very bad procedure so she said to me that people take stuff and that I may like it or not but that’s store policy. Very disappointed! Poor customer service. I will never shop at Ross after this experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Yesterday 3/6/19 I shopped at Ross in Waikiki HI. I’m here a few months each year and I give this store pretty good business. I usually shop in the evening and this particular woman usually handles the dressing room. She is always very stern barking orders about putting the hangers on the bar so she can count the items. Her tone is bossy and annoying. What she does next is actually over the top weird and as you stand there watching her you don’t know if you should laugh at her or pity her. She pats down with both hands every single dress from top to bottom very thoroughly.

If you have 8 items you’ll be there a while watching this show until she gets thru with all of them. This is both BEFORE AND AFTER you come from the dressing room. Ok I can understand going in maybe she’s afraid someone will try to hide something inside one of the dresses but what is she checking for when you come out?? The whole thing is pathetic and ridiculous. The average price of their dresses is $17 for heaven sake, not exactly VERSACE.

Last night I tried a few things on and as I was almost done she came into the dressing room and asked if I was ok and said she’ll be sweeping soon. I said ok. I was the only one in there. But this was an hour before closing so why was she sweeping at that time. As I was about to come out I checked my phone and saw an important text msg. So I sat down to read it.

About 2 min later another woman came in and she also asked me if I was ok but with a very elevated tone. It was definitely not concerned, it was more inquisitive kind of like “what are you up to.” The door was open so she could see what I was doing. I asked her why everyone seems so concerned if I’m ok. I asked her if I don’t look ok. Right away she got very aggressive with her tone and here’s the kicker - she told me to calm down and stop yelling. I said “who’s yelling?? I just want to know why everyone keeps asking me if I’m ok.” The next thing she said was that if I don’t calm down she’ll call the cops on me. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I told her she can call whoever she wants.

I really wanted to tell her she was mentally deficient but I was looking to get away from this nut case. On my way out I got the store manager’s name and I plan to go there today and lodge a formal complaint. When I told my husband about it he said I should have insisted she call the cops and file a harassment complaint against her (Angela) and the store. He’s absolutely right. I just didn’t think about that right then and there. I have never in my life been threatened by anyone to call cops on me, now I have to put up with this horrible treatment and harassment from a cheap store with low class dumb employees??

Reading these reviews here I can see Ross employees treat pretty much all customers like GARBAGE. And why?? For trying to give them business. Without us they’d be on the unemployment line. LET’S ALL STOP SHOPPING IN THEIR STORES AND MAYBE WE CAN SUCCESSFULLY DRIVE THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. Sounds like they deserve it!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I witnessed this in the Ross Dress for Less (3850 Bloomington St, Colorado Springs, CO 80922) store. A customer behind me asked a woman to be mindful of her child who has hit him three times already. Instead of an apology, the woman made an excuse and was dismissive. The employees were quick to ignore this, and one even said "Kids are going to be kids." The security person basically said if they aren't going to let it go, to go outside and fight it out.

I am appalled at the attitude of the employees. All they needed to do was ask the woman to keep eyes on the child and stay away from the gentleman. They allowed it to escalate. The man was well within his rights to request that someone stop touching him without permission. I am making sure everyone I know hears about the flippant attitude of this particular store. You really ought to train your employees to be neutral. The man happens to have a medical condition that this kid was exasperating. You deserve to be sue.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Ross has their Loss Prevention personnel also greet customers entering their stores. I’m a regular customer at my local Ross and I can’t recall ever being greeted as I walk through the door. I can hear them saying Welcome to Ross or just Hello to others who come in while I’m near the front of the store. I spend a good amount of money as a shopper at Ross and the money I spend is green just like everyone else’s! I find their attitude discourteous and downright rude... Everyone should be treated the same as a customer. I’m sure I’m not the only one this happens to.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased Christmas gifts, I had two receipts, one cash the other was my bank check card. I lost my card two days ago, I went to return some items and they refused to give me my money which was taken out my account 12/23/18, I even went online to the bank to show the manager. They kept insisting on a store credit. Mind you the store really don't have any merchandise because of Christmas. These are gifts and I wanted to give them to the kids. I couldn't exchange. Again the store had nothing, I called corporate from the store. Was on hold for 40 minutes. At 6 pm, the answering machine came on and said they were closed, management was rude and sarcastic, he said, "I can do it for you but I'd have to do it for everyone." Their conclusion was wait till they get new merchandise in.

In the meantime the kids have no gifts because the clothes don't fit, no compassion, no concern, all about the money, poor customer service. Talked to corporate today. They were rude also. How do you debit cash out a checking account and feel you don't have to give cash back, but you'll refund a check after 5 days, same thing, it cleared and was taken out, I'm calling the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Attempted to return an item with the tag attached, my receipt and the debit card used to purchase the item 4 days prior. I was informed that my driver's license or some other form of ID is needed to return the item. I declined to give my license as they wanted to let my license into their database and was told that if I did not provide my license they cannot refund my money. I asked why my license was needed to return the item when my license was not needed to purchase the item and of course the cashier nor the manager had an answer. I asked the manager to show me where it states that a consumer must give their license to return with the proper tags and receipt.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought Levi's shoes from the Ross. Product has defect and now they are refusing it to Taking back just because I did wear it once to try it out. Even they are not taking back the item purchased from different Ross store.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

The staff at the Peoria store in Phoenix ask me to leave because my dog was bothering the customers, so I left, the dog did not interact with any customers, she was in a dog stroller with a leash on, the dog barked because there were children running around her teasing her, I will be contacting my attorney as this is a support dog.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I don't really have a problem with Ross except the service isn't that good and I think it's really lame how they don't have a website where you can search an item. I took a picture of these pretty brown boots which I regretted not buying. But I was hoping I could find it on their website and they don't have any search for items section. So irritating.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Worst experience I have ever had at a store. I will never shop at any Ross stores again, ever! The store off 119th in Olathe KS they are not organized and is dirty. The bathrooms are not clean. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Horrible manager in American Fork UT. I spent 22 minutes in line because there was only 1 cashier. When I told the manager "Marie", she said to me "That's too ** bad, if you don't like it, shop somewhere else". What? Are you serious? That's some great customer service right there. I won't be back - EVER.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I purchased items in the store on 11/13/2018 @ 5 pm. There was only one checkout staff working. She was not friendly and was rude to every customer before me. The store alarm went off more than once while I stood in line for customer to return to her register to have security tags removed. Once I got to the counter she rang up my purchases without saying a single word, I paid with my debit card and she handed me my receipt without ever making an eye contact. Her body language and facial expressions confirmed that she was annoyed at the amount of customers and lack of cashiers.

As I walked out the store the alarm went off, and the loss prevention person called me back in. He found a security tag and had her take it off. I walked out again and the alarm went off again. He waved me away and said don't worry about it. I got home and hung up all my purchases. A day later I went wear a sweater and realized it STILL had a security tag attached. By now I had already thrown away the receipt. I went back to Ross the next day and tried to explain this to the manager who in turn told me this type of thing happens all the time and without a receipt there was nothing she could do.

As a loyal, paying customer I don't feel I should be punished because Ross's employee failed to do their job, I am certain there are security cameras at that register that would allow the company to see that I did indeed pay for this item. I also can provide a bank statement with the sum of all my purchases. Now I have a sweater that I paid for that I cannot wear, the inconvenience of driving back out to this store and more importantly deal with bad customer service from the salesperson and poor customer service from the manager.

The worst part of this entire experience is the horrible customer service from beginning to end. I understand the need for receipt policies, and loss prevention, but there should be some exemptions in situations like this. Especially when the store manager acknowledges that I was the second person in two hours with the same complaint.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The cashier at one particular store located on Rainier Avenue in Seattle is a disgrace. One cashier stole my brand new Adidas sandals that my Mother bought for me on my birthday April 25th 2018 the cashier was horrible. And not only did the woman steal my sandals that my Mother purchased but the cashier DELIBERATELY did not remove the security tag off of my sneakers. The cashier was as mean as a snake. And just as crooked. Then you had the inept loss prevention officer. Thanks for making both me & my Mother’s shopping experience a terrible one. This place? ZERO CLASS just like that cashier.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a t-shirt a couple days ago or maybe one week. I went today to exchange it, they don't want to exchange it because I don't have the receipt. But the tag was on it. With the price and the bar code, everything was there. The only problem I didn't have the receipt. The cashier said, "We can't refund you the whole amount because the price is drop down and you didn't have a receipt." At that point I asked to talked to the manager, I explained to him the situation and rudely he said, "I'm not going to refund the money. This the way the system work." I was so surprised to see a manager talked like that. At least 1 time by week I go there to make shopping. With that experience I had today I will never go back there and I will make sure my friends will not go there either.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Ross used to be my go to for everything! Now, its products are bad, all of them. Their customer service is horrible. The stores are filthy. I can't find what I'm looking for anymore, creepy experience. What happened???

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Buyer beware the products you are purchasing from Ross. Some of the beauty and health products are outdated. Also, I purchased (and returned) a pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction flats. This shoe was not a real KC shoe. The name of the shoe was misspelled on the inside of the shoe. Maybe it was a cheap copy from another country. You may find some deals, yet be aware if there are imitation designer goods in the mix.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I went to Ross and tried to buy some Nike shoes. They are locked together by the store employees. I tried to buy 3 pairs and each time they were paired with the wrong size. 9 with a 9.5, 8 with a 9, and a 10 with a 9. If your staff is this stupid you don't deserve to have me shop there.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I purchased a pair of sandals at the Ross on Cal-Sag road in Chicago. I tried to returned them on 76 Cicero around an hour later. Because, I found me some shoes at Marshalls. I had the receipt and shoes attached and everything but they couldn't returned unless I presented them with a I.D.? I'm not sure why they needed a I.D. You have receipt and tags but ID. They stated Corp. Having them to do this: I am so done with Ross...

Original review: June 19, 2018

I went to Ross to return an item. I stood in line and the cashier had me move to another line the customer service line. So the customer service cashier calls next I go and she takes the lady that was on the other line. I said I was next. She said she was in line. I said they told me to move over to this line. She said “I don’t care” and took the ** customer. Then she was rude when I returned my item. I had a receipt and tag was in pocket. She gave me a hard time about the receipt being in the pocket. Her name was Ann location Bloomingdale Illinois.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Hi my name is Suzan. I went to Ross today 2 days back and bought a cologne, I thought it was for men so I bought it for my husband. I went home and then open just the plastic and I was reading the complete instruction to see if it was for men or women, then I found out it was for women so I can the next day which is today and went to return and exchange line, the manager name "Marcela", said she can't exchange because we just open the plastic. So I want told her I want it to talk to the manager, she said in a rude way that she's a manager. And she object is and said if the plastic is open or if it's used it can't return or exchanged.

When we bought the cologne the gender was not even visible if it was for men or women, we explained everything to her. She didn't care. She was acting very tough. She should not be talking to customer like that, because of the customers today that's how the business is running or it would have been closed out already. She needs to learn how to talk to customers and apologize. And I would be more appreciate if I can get exchange the perfume which I was intended to buy for. Very bad experience. And today I believe there is no value of the receipt at all since it did not help at all. The Ross store is located in Fremont Hub. If you search in Google. Fremont Ross it will appear in the result.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My niece came in town and needed a dress for a job interview. The variety of dresses was outstanding! So was the sizes! Finding the right dress, size and price was an exciting shopping experience.

Ross Dress For Less Company Information