2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (409 ratings)

About Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

It would be really nice if you all would stop putting the price stickers on the inside of the shoe. It’s super sticky and hard to get off and your foot sticks and it’s gross. I will stop buying your shoes if this continues no one wants sticky shoes…. Common sense people….

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Customer abuse! This particular Ross in Denver Colorado off of W. Colfax Ave. closes at 10 o’clock. I arrived at the store at 9:50 PM. I was looking for a dog bed for my dog’s birthday the next day. I am a very fast shopper and only needed 1 to 2 minutes to find what I am looking for. When I got to the door, the doors were locked. I’ve worked in customer service my entire life. All doors of businesses are to remain unlocked until closing time. Unless, you are working by yourself and need to go to the bathroom or have a lunch break.

There were customers in the store shopping around still when I knocked on the door as loss prevention/security was standing at the front door with his arms crossed. He said they were closed and shook his head and waved me off. I said the doors are supposed to remain unlocked until 10:00 PM. A lady (I found out later she was the assistant manager named Valorie) came over and unlock the door and said you only have five minutes. As I walked inside I said, "You can’t close the doors until 10:00 PM." I quickly walked in and the loss prevention guy said, “they’re not gonna check you out”. In a very rude and stern voice. He was roughly 20 years old. I felt very rushed and like he was being very rude And condescending to me. I went over to the dog section and looked for a dog bed. It took me only 2 minute from starting at the door then back to the door. I went up to loss prevention and said it only took me 2 minute and it’s now 9:53.

He was again very rude to me so I decided to go up to some associates and tell them how rude he was being to me. Two of the associates were like.. "I don’t know what to do," so they referred me to the manager. I turned around and I tried speaking to the manager but that associate said I’m not the manager and directed me to another lady. The lady who I was directed to was not the manager and turned out to be the assistant manager. Her name was Valorie. Her arms were Crossed and I asked for the loss prevention associate's name because I was very upset at how rude he treated me. And she said, "Well how was he rude because he asked you to leave because we were closing." And I told her that we still had five minutes to shop. The doors weren’t supposed to be closed. She was beginning to be very rude to me arguing with me and told me that I was arguing with her, which was not true at all. I was addressing her as ma’am.

I then asked for her name. And she said, "Why are you asking for my name?" I told her this was extremely poor customer service. I completely felt like I was being bullied. And she kept saying, "Everyone wants to go home. We leave at 10 o’clock." When in reality the store closes at 10 o’clock. The employees leave after the shoppers when the store closes at 10!!! Then she continue to tell me that she shouldn’t have opened the door for me. Which I couldn’t figure out why she would say that since the doors are supposed to remain open till 10! All of the other employees except for loss prevention kept her mouth shut because they knew I was right. Then she asked me to leave and I told her I’m not leaving until the store closes at 10 o’clock. I haven’t done anything wrong! I decided to do more shopping until 10:00 PM. And this is when it got extremely more abusive.

Loss prevention, Daniel, decided to follow me not even a foot behind me while I combed the aisle looking at sports bras. I pulled out an Under Armor sports bra. He said “that’s a nice one”, and I said. "Yeah, it’s a great company." He continued to say, “not for you though”. That’s when I decided to pull out a piece of paper from my bag and started to write down everything that Valorie and Daniel did to me so I had documentation. As a finish coming through that particular aisle, Daniel stepped on my feet. I stopped and he was no more than 6 inches away from me and he was clacking his teeth his teeth at me. He also said, "Go ahead and write anything you want. It’s not going to affect me." Still flowing my every move, making me feel like I was a potential thief or something. He then offered me a facemask and I graciously said, "Yes please." As he was handing me the facemask, he yanked it away and said, "Ha ha not for you, just kidding."

I just smiled and said, "That’s OK, thanks." Then Valorie, the Assistant manager came over and started aggressively yelling at me, saying “I bet this is just what you do. You like to start trouble”. And I said, “actually I don’t like to start trouble. I am just disgusted by how horrible and how rude you have been to me. All I wanted was one minute to go check on the dog beds and you and Daniel have been extremely rude to me saying that you’re not gonna check me out and at first wouldn’t let me in the store!! Then yelled at me and followed me around, stepped on me and made clanking noises at me. This whole thing could’ve been avoided if you just kept your doors open.” And Valorie said, “if you’re not gone by 10 o’clock I’m calling the cops on you”. And I said, "OK awesome. You admitted that you need to keep the doors open by 10 o’clock."

Valorie continue to say that I’m a spoiled brat who was two years old and get whatever I want. I have no idea where that came from, I bet she was just upset. While I was leaving I decided to grab a free facemask and Daniel said “Good. Cover up that ugly face. You’re ugly ** and no one wants to see you”. And while I was leaving I said, "I’m absolutely disgusted on how horrible you’ve treated me." I said I will be reporting it. The entire time I did not say anything rude, I did not use a single swearword, I did not raise my voice or use any sort of profanity. The only thing I did, was knock on the door at 9:50 PM asking to be let in because the doors were supposed to remain open until 10:00 PM. My shopping was completed at 9:53 PM when there were still shoppers in the store. If I could, I would give the store less than one star.

I suffer from an eating disorder and body dysmorphia and the fact that the loss prevention thinks that they can call someone ugly while on the clock and getting paid is absolutely ludicrous. That is not in their job description. It took everything in my power not to say something mean back to him but I knew that I had to be the bigger person. I knew that he was suffering deep down inside and felt like he need to take it out on me. I truly hope that someone higher up who works for Ross dress for less reads this and realize that their employees treat their customers (who are potentially buying something and fueling their paychecks) like yesterday’s garbage. I will now never shop at Ross again and spend the extra money at Target because they have extremely great customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Yesterday 6/12/2021 at around 1:30pm, I entered the store to purchase some items including clothing for my 9 year old son. As I was going through shirts size 6-7 for boys, I found a box cutting knife hanging on one of the hangers. I took it and immediately looked for a store employee but couldn’t find one so I brought it to one of the cashiers on front. Her name is Alexis. I was trying to be discreet about it so, I said with a low voice so other customers can’t hear me ”Excuse me, I found this on one of the hangers in the kids section.” I was expecting a apology and thank you for bringing it to me but all I got was “oh ok” and she turned away from me. I was shocked over her careless reaction and then told her with my normal tone of voice, that this is a knife that I have found in the kid section to make her understand the severity of a box cutting knife just randomly laying/hanging around in the store yet alone the kid section.

I don’t even want to imagine what could have happened if this knife was found by a child. Those knives are really not that hard to open. Again, her responds was “ok” like I’m bothering her. I usually don’t complain and I probably wouldn’t have if the situation would have been treated with more professionalism but the way it was handled, I can tell that this is no big deal to the employees of this Ross location and I sure it’s going to happen again, if this is not brought to the attention of Ross corporate. This is unacceptable!!!

Also, customer service is horrible. Not only does Alexis needs to be trained on customer service but also Delilah who has checked me out. All she said to me, was next purchase (which makes me feel like customers are seen as cattle). No, "hello, how are you doing today, did you find everything ok"...nothing but attitude. I have asked her after a few moments (hoping she would still great me) how she was doing to make her aware that there is actually a real person standing in front of her but all she said was “good”.

I love going to Ross but the customer service is getting worst every time I go there. Not only in Harker Height, TX but also in Killeen, TX which is right next to Harker Heights. It is definitely not a relaxing, fun experience to be shopping at Ross anymore with employees who do not even know the basics of customer service, which is being simply helpful and friendly to customers. Treat others how you want to be treated. It doesn’t hurt to smile!!! P.S. I hope that my complaint is not just pushed to the side and hope that something is actually being done so, we as the customer can have a safe and pleasant experience at Ross!

Original review: May 19, 2021

Ross is an amazing place to shop, I am able to step through the doors and be greeted with a friendly smile. The store is always clean and staff is very friendly and willing to help. I love being able to find something for every room for my house. My two daughters enjoy running to the toy section and love searching through the toys, and begging to buy one. The prices are amazing, and that’s the best deal! My husband also enjoys shopping at Ross as well, we enjoy finding name brand items at an affordable price. The hardest part about shopping at Ross right now is not being able to try clothes on because of Covid, but they have a excellent return policy. I have never bought anything that I regretted later! We love Ross.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Clutter. I visited the one in Baltimore, Maryland and I went through but came right out because there was no order. I knew what I wanted and went to the back where household items were and again things were all over the place. I love Ross. I just want things to be a little more straightened.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Ross is my go to store for just about everything that I need. When it involves clothing, household goods, decorations, shoes and items for my dog. They are affordable and generally have a good selection. Staff are nice.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I shop Ross in Delray Beach on Atlantic Ave. Whenever you need to return something they act very bad like you stole it. If you don't have a receipt they don't look it up with your card like any other good store. The manager teams up with her crew against the customer. She treated me very nasty. Also at first she didn't want to come out at all and when she finally come out she ignored me at first speaking to her peers. Didn't even say hi. And when she finally kind of spoke to me she was very rude and uncooperative. All I came in is to return a bag that the zipper is not working for $12. I can't imagine what will be the reaction if I came with a more expensive item.

Ross wake up. It is 2020 in a pandemic time where a lot of other retail stores would love our business. And when they smile when you return an item. You want to go back in and spend more. This is not the first time it happened in this store but it is the first time I am writing about it. I did find my receipt when I got home. But I will never step in a store that don't respect me a human being and a customer. They don't deserve our business.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Watch out for the loss prevention (tall skinny ** guy with glasses, light brown/blonde hair and wearing a plain black mask). He needs to be fired, he didn't tell anyone about the hangers until I was at the front of the line and I had to rush to get them off before I could check out. Then when I was almost done, he THEN specified which hangers and I apparently wasn't supposed to take the white ones off.

After I finally made it to checkout, I was voicing my concerns to the cashier when he pops into our conversation by yelling, berating me, being condescending, telling me over and over about how wrong I am, acting like I am stupid and apparently "hard of hearing" (even though both my mother and I heard him clearly) and wouldn't let me get a word in. I have PTSD and health issues where I will literally DIE if I get put in enough stress and because of him, I had a panic attack, couldn't breathe, and was crying hysterically when I finally left the store. I never want to come back because of him and this was my favorite store to go to.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I love the Ross store on Hanes Mall Blvd. in Winston-Salem, NC, however, I had my first bad experience yesterday while trying to return two pairs of pants on separate receipts. Both pants were the same price. I requested a store voucher for one pair of the pants due to the purchase being over 30 days. The second pair of pants I requested the refund to go back to my credit card. I told the cashier that I wanted to repurchase the second return with the voucher she gave me for the first return.

The cashier asked me to insert my credit card and she charged the repurchase pants to my credit card. The cashier was very defensive and rude and threw the receipt into the bag and the manager came over and tried to tell me the cashier did the transaction correctly until I pulled the receipt out of the bag which proved that the cashier had charged me for the pants on my credit card. The manager corrected the error. He was very nice and professional and also apologized, he also offer me a discount on my next purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Six cousins, 14-23 years old decided to make a quick stop before going to play volleyball to look for shirts. Apparently we were not made aware that 6 exceeds the limit of how many ** people could enter the store. Not only were they followed (we are very used to that, and have all been taught not to touch too many things), but the security guard decided to stand two feet from them and then get on his little walkie talkie thing and state “yes, I have two of them right here!” This store made sure they would not have a comfortable experience. And because of that, they will NEVER see another GREEN dollar from me! It sickens me that we still have to endure this! I have been a loyal customer for decades in multiple states!!! Too bad I wasn’t the one that exceeded the limit and it was my children that made to feel less than worthy to shop at ROSS!???

Ross Dress For Less Company Information