1.37/5
Based on 259 reviews that contain star ratings

456 Ross Dress For Less Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a t-shirt a couple days ago or maybe one week. I went today to exchange it, they don't want to exchange it because I don't have the receipt. But the tag was on it. With the price and the bar code, everything was there. The only problem I didn't have the receipt. The cashier said, "We can't refund you the whole amount because the price is drop down and you didn't have a receipt." At that point I asked to talked to the manager, I explained to him the situation and rudely he said, "I'm not going to refund the money. This the way the system work." I was so surprised to see a manager talked like that. At least 1 time by week I go there to make shopping. With that experience I had today I will never go back there and I will make sure my friends will not go there either.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Ross used to be my go to for everything! Now, its products are bad, all of them. Their customer service is horrible. The stores are filthy. I can't find what I'm looking for anymore, creepy experience. What happened???

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Buyer beware the products you are purchasing from Ross. Some of the beauty and health products are outdated. Also, I purchased (and returned) a pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction flats. This shoe was not a real KC shoe. The name of the shoe was misspelled on the inside of the shoe. Maybe it was a cheap copy from another country. You may find some deals, yet be aware if there are imitation designer goods in the mix.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I went to Ross and tried to buy some Nike shoes. They are locked together by the store employees. I tried to buy 3 pairs and each time they were paired with the wrong size. 9 with a 9.5, 8 with a 9, and a 10 with a 9. If your staff is this stupid you don't deserve to have me shop there.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I purchased a pair of sandals at the Ross on Cal-Sag road in Chicago. I tried to returned them on 76 Cicero around an hour later. Because, I found me some shoes at Marshalls. I had the receipt and shoes attached and everything but they couldn't returned unless I presented them with a I.D.? I'm not sure why they needed a I.D. You have receipt and tags but ID. They stated Corp. Having them to do this: I am so done with Ross...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I went to Ross to return an item. I stood in line and the cashier had me move to another line the customer service line. So the customer service cashier calls next I go and she takes the lady that was on the other line. I said I was next. She said she was in line. I said they told me to move over to this line. She said “I don’t care” and took the ** customer. Then she was rude when I returned my item. I had a receipt and tag was in pocket. She gave me a hard time about the receipt being in the pocket. Her name was Ann location Bloomingdale Illinois.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Hi my name is Suzan. I went to Ross today 2 days back and bought a cologne, I thought it was for men so I bought it for my husband. I went home and then open just the plastic and I was reading the complete instruction to see if it was for men or women, then I found out it was for women so I can the next day which is today and went to return and exchange line, the manager name "Marcela", said she can't exchange because we just open the plastic. So I want told her I want it to talk to the manager, she said in a rude way that she's a manager. And she object is and said if the plastic is open or if it's used it can't return or exchanged.

When we bought the cologne the gender was not even visible if it was for men or women, we explained everything to her. She didn't care. She was acting very tough. She should not be talking to customer like that, because of the customers today that's how the business is running or it would have been closed out already. She needs to learn how to talk to customers and apologize. And I would be more appreciate if I can get exchange the perfume which I was intended to buy for. Very bad experience. And today I believe there is no value of the receipt at all since it did not help at all. The Ross store is located in Fremont Hub. If you search in Google. Fremont Ross it will appear in the result.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My niece came in town and needed a dress for a job interview. The variety of dresses was outstanding! So was the sizes! Finding the right dress, size and price was an exciting shopping experience.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I used to love to shop at Ross stores. They always had a great selection and lots to look at. I was at the Ross on 200 in Ocala, the store was a mess, half the shelves were empty and most of the merchandise was on the floor. We come to this area each year for vacation, I can’t believe how bad this store has gotten, so disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I bought a very large rug in Ross for Less. I realized after 2 days when I was about installing my new rug that the cashier forgot to remove to anti theft tag. So on 03/18/2018 at noon, I went back to Ross for Less located at 3851 Oakwood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33020 and I spoke DIRECTLY to the Security Guard at the Entrance store, the security guard was very nice and took me to a cashier who forward me to another cashier by the name of NADECHE, she was very rude and refuses to remove the anti theft tag telling me that I need the receipt. So I nicely explained her that I cannot find the receipt, she told me in a very rude way that she cannot help me.

Then I asked for the Store Manager, she answered that SHE IS the Store Manager and again refuses to remove the Anti-theft tag that one of the cashiers forgot to remove during the sale. It was a very frustrating experience due to the fact that I was not responsible about the Anti theft tag removal. Now I find myself with an expensive large rug that I cannot use...

Original review: March 1, 2018

I tried to return a dress today that has never been worn with the tag still on it. I admit it's been more than 30 days, but I figured I would get a store credit. To my surprise I was offered .49 for the dress. I was shocked! I mean the tag is still on it and all I wanted was a store credit or exchange. The cashier told me that their clothes are marked down every week and all she could offer was .49. I have shopped at Ross for over 30 years. Ross always mark the tags when the price is lowered. They know their tagging system & it can't be tampered with. So, giving me a credit at .49 is against public policy.

Let's say I buy a dress for $20. I return it for a store credit (without receipt) & Ross tells they can only give me $1. That means Ross has wrongfully or deceptively profited $19. And, how can you keep marking down an item that is not in your store? And, let's say I take the $1 credit. This means you have profited $19 and I lose $19 because I no longer have the item that you can turn around sell again for another profit. How is that fair to the public?

If Ross gives me a $19 credit, Ross still loses nothing & of course I lose nothing because now I can just buy something else. This is a win/win situation. Besides, most of the time I end up spending more anyway. It appears Ross has figured out how to profit from human error (losing receipts) in an immoral fashion that is against public policy. And, I know for a fact they don't mark down each item every week.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was harassed by loss prevention and team members of Ross store in San Antonio Bandera Rd 1604 trying to try on jeans. Needed to purchase them for a trip and I was followed and they kept harassing me saying rude things extremely uncalled for. I will be reporting it and making media aware as well!!! No need for this. I will not shop again EVER!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

On several occasions I have tried on clothes at the Ross in Cascade Center in Bend, OR. On every one of these occasions all of the shoppers in line are treated to a lecture from the dressing room employee about rehanging clothes, buttoning buttons, making sure they are right side out and to hang them all on the rack so they may be counted out to match the number on the security tag we are given. Are Ross stores under siege from hoards of shoplifters? I have never been treated like this at Macy's or Penney or any other dress store in town. For that matter, the other Ross store in Bend doesn't do that either.

I know it must be a thankless job in some peoples' minds but that is the job isn't it? They are hired to replace the clothing. No one should ever turn it inside out or leave it off the hanger but that can be handled with the customer who actually does that when they hang the clothes up in front of the store employee. It would sure save time as opposed to giving each customer the same lecture as they enter the dressing area. It's insulting to the majority of your customers. Save the lectures for the few who actually do these things.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I had a return. I was told at the entrance that I should go left. At this store, Richmond, CA, all cashiers are located in one area, left of the front door. THERE'S NO MENTION WHATSOEVER OF RETURN POLICY OR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I put myself in line. After a while, one person showed up and put herself in a line of her own. When I respectfully pointed out that everyone was already in line, she said she was there for a return. I said I too was there for a return.

The cashier said she was right: she was in the right line. But THERE WAS NO SIGN ANYWHERE INDICATING THAT PEOPLE WITH RETURN SHOULD STAND AT A PARTICULAR PLACE! The cashier was very unfriendly and, I think very unfair. She gave priority to the woman who had arrived much later than anyone else already standing in line. This is an extremely unfair practice. This cashier and Ross Dress For Less, Richmond, CA, are putting some customers ahead of others for no valid reason! This branch of Ross Dress For Less should have a much better, fair, efficient system for return policies. As it is now, I will no longer shop in any Ross Dress For Less stores.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

A week ago I went into the Ross on Marconi and Fulton Ave in Sacramento CA. I returned an item and walked over to look at the Christmas gifts on tables. I then proceeded to go to the shampoo section to look for shampoo to purchase that day. From the time I walked in the security guy who is a short blond ** guy named Brandon kept his eyes on me. Wherever I was he was. He kept his face turned to me the whole time never looking away. When I walked to the shampoo section with his eyes on me, he got on the radio and told them to watch my section with the camera. I returned again tonight with my husband and 6 year old. We bought about 250 dollar purchase.

Went to dressing room the lady checked my clothes I tried them on and she would not let me take the items until she checked each item. While she was doing this here comes Brandon giving her a big thumbs up literally and telling her good job for doing that. I shop a lot at Ross and do spend hundreds each time. I make decent money and work hard for the government. I have no reason to steal and go to jail losing my career and being an idiot thief. I am a Hispanic female who feels very discriminated against from an ignorant person like this man.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I love shopping at Ross but to have Cashier with bad attitude is appalling. I went into their store at Orchard Mall with a friend that has a 6 weeks old baby. The Cashier expected her to remove all clothes from hanger and do her job. I am very sure the Cashier would not have been able to carry such little baby and shop. We paid more than $300, we didn’t get any item for free, yet her face was like **! She could not do her job, left the security lock on one cloth and as we left the door, the alarm was up??? Too bad experience!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Thursday November 9th 12:00PM. Manager refused to accept defective merchandise unless I did her job and found the UPC for the item. I purchased headphones on 10/26. One earbud didnt work, and when I plugged it in, the left cable broke off from defect. Went in today 11/9, and explained my story to the MOD (small, ** female). After rolling her eyes, she said even though the merchandise was defective, she would "be willing" to let me return it IF I went around the store and located the exact item, with UPC, the register I paid on, AND on top of that the exact time I purchased it.

I told her I had the Debit card I used and my bank statement. She said she would not do it like that, I had to look for the item. I explained to her that I didn't know the store or familiar with the inventory. She said she wasn't either. So basically she wanted me to do her job. When I asked her if that was the case, she said "Ok, you know what? How about you can't return it anymore. How about that?" I left the merchandise, disappointed in such poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Being a business owner they have by far the worst customer service. Made a purchase of $38.75 on 9/13 at 7:20pm. Store Ontario Mills Gateway Center. After swiping my card, in the middle of transaction my card approved and system froze no receipt printed out. They had me wait until they rebooted system. Which 5mins passed they called supervisor to assist. She advise she needed to print receipt from back office which took 30 mins to tell me they had no receipt of transaction. They asked if I could check my online bank and I advise them that I saw transaction pending. They asked me to repurchase items because transaction would reverse on my end. I advise them that I didn't want to repurchase seeing transaction pending. They mention to come because they needed to assure themselves transaction cleared. They mention they would hold my stuff.

Called next day spoke to floor manager 9/14 to Judy, general manager. Judy advise that nothing shows on their end that transaction cleared. I advise her that my bank shows transaction cleared not pending. She advise that she needed to file an audit claim and she would follow up with me or next floor manager would be aware of what's going on. I called later on that day and they told me that I would need to call back. After given the run around I gave it another day.

Today is 9/15 called store in the morning for them to tell me that audit dept provided them with instructions and they couldn't get through that dept busy tone. They mention to try back.The lack of communication is horrible. I am a Ross shopper, I make 4-6 purchases at several Ross a month. Having this horrible experience and have not received my merchandise or money back is by far the worst thing ever.

I called this evening. Closing manager Jackie answered very rude to tell me she knows nothing of what's going on with my situation and store is busy and if I can call back in an hr. I called back after requesting to speak to manager Jackie, cashier Favela or Pabela answered and hung up on me 3x when I asked for a manager. It's 8:37pm and no one from that Ross location has called me to follow up with my transaction. I unfortunately don't have a receipt because one was not provided nor did it print. The only receipt I have is in my bank statement to show the purchase I made. In conclusion I just want my money back that is owed or I will file a dispute thru my bank. Store #9099874809.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was in this store at least 1 time a week. And each time I visit this store in Lakeland Florida at Merchants Walk the lady security guard will follow me around the store because I carry a large Louis Vuitton satchel bag. It has never failed and I will not stop carrying my purse because of the size. I have complained to the store manager about her and warned him to get a grip on this woman. But she continues to target people of color in this Store. It happens again I am going to contact corporate and then file a harassment and discrimination lawsuit against Ross store in Lakeland Florida at Merchants Walk.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I must say, I have been reading some really bad reviews about Ross stores in other states. I live in Zephyrhills Florida and I must say, never ever have I ever experienced anything but great visits to my local Ross store. All the employees and manager Norman are FANTASTIC. I enjoy shopping there all the time. I too am handicapped and I'm always treated with respect. Not all Ross stores are bad, if you're ever in the Zephyrhills Florida area stop in at Ross. You'll have a great experience, I promise.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! So, I had a baby in my cart, I was going to use a restroom, and they wouldn't let the cart in the restroom and just told me to grab the baby and go use the restroom. How the ** am I gonna do that? Do I have a super powers or extra hand that will hold my baby while I use a restroom? Even if I empty my cart they still won't let me go!!! Stop having public restroom if you guys don't have any consideration for the shoppers with baby!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had been sick for quite a while and not able to get out. I tried returning a top today that I never wore and bought in the latter part of June. I had the receipt and tags. They informed me that if you return something to Ross later than 30 days - no matter if the item is still new and unworn - they would only give store credit for $1.99. Bye bye Ross.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have a Ross about 20 miles away from me and I absolutely love going there. Their deals are the best, and the employees are actually helpful there which is hard to find anywhere. I love shopping there and they get new stuff in almost daily, their furniture is cheap but really nice. The changing rooms are very nice and the whole store itself is just really calming and enjoyable. The checkout lines aren't too long and everyone there just always has a positive attitude which I love.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Fitting room clerk (an employee at 2720 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 8522) that goes by ** was extremely rude. She made a big deal about few shirts missing a hanger and advised me that I make her job difficult. Upon return from trying out the clothes she also stated that some customers are just miserable. This should NOT be face of customer service nor face of Ross Corporation. Didn't have a chance to speak to store manager Kathy and felt this should be recorded in writing but to Ross management, ** should be stocking clothes in the back and not insulting customers.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Went to return a comforter set, the young lady that was working the exchange/return line was very rude and unprofessional. No greet, talking to another associate about going to get her phone from the back. When she was done with my return, she just put the receipt on the counter and walked away. First time at this location, I usually shop at the one in Rowlett, but I was close to this one at the time, that will be the last time going inside this store. The store was also dirty and filthy with things all over the floor, along the walls when you first walk into the store. I believe there needs to be more training to your employees on customer service. The only greeting was from the LP guy that stands and watch the door.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I bought a suitcase in June 10th, 2017 at the Barrington, IL store. The cashier lady broke the Ross tag when trying to take out the security tag. I made a mistake with measurement and decided to return it the same day. I forgot receipt at home. I asked if I would receive full refund if I went back for the receipt and a rude lady in a rude manner told me that same day returns were complicated because I had to show my ID and that it was better to come back tomorrow and now "go home and relax". I came back today June 11th and and a rude gentleman told me in a very rude manner if I was planning to return it I should have left the Ross tag on. I told him the cashier lady broke it, not me, and that obviously I was not planning to return it when I bought it. Management should care about the way employees speak to customer and they should get training.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I visited DD's department store on Mt. Vernon Ave. and Columbus; now before I started shopping I needed to go to the restrooms. Now I was trying on a few shorts and then asked to use the restrooms and I was told that they don't have a public restroom. But now mind you I saw a ** gentlemen coming out of the men restroom, I thought that was a bit odd. Okay so when I got ready to leave I asked for a manager. The manager told me that they don't have public restrooms. Now mind you they do have restrooms but I guess they are for whomever they choose to use them.

Well from my understanding DD's is a really big store and I thought according to the square footage this store is they are suppose to have public restrooms for their customers. I personally feel they should. I mean you are shopping for a few hours in there and spending your hard earned money at least have the decency to allow me a restroom break. I just feel that is so inconsiderate on their part. What it shows me is that DD's do not care about their customer. It makes a customer really think twice about going there because why should you have to go somewhere else and use the restrooms while shopping there.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I read the policy for returns ahead of time noting that lingerie, swimsuits and jewelry must have all tags still attached when returning. Thinking that I could remove tags from trousers I carefully removed them and kept them in an envelope until my father could try on the pants that I had purchased for him. He's elderly and he says that his waist is 36 because that's what it used to be. He however after nearly a month he had not worn the pants and when I asked him he said he couldn't remember why but there was something wrong with them. He tried them on again and remembered they were too tight. So I put them all back on hangers, unworn, and brought them into the same store I purchased them for an exchange for 38 waist pants.

Everything went smoothly except I got admonished for not leaving the tags on. I was really surprised by this because they say on the receipt as well as their website that only lingerie, swimsuits and jewelry have to have the same tags on. I even had the original tags (price tags as well as manufacturer tags) for each pair of pants. They told me that in the future they will include this in the policy but that next time I better leave the tags on. I did get to exchange the trousers this time however, but they made me feel like I was lucky to have the privilege.

Original review: May 17, 2017

On May 17 at 12:45 a customer entered store behind me. She immediately put a dog in her shopping cart. I searched store to complain to an employee. Much to my dismay, I couldn't find a employee. The only 2 employees I could find were working the cash registers with about 15 customers. I left store and made a call to Ross in Hiram, GA management, and to my surprise I was told the store was pet friendly. I can't believe a store that sells clothes would allow an animal in cart where customers put clothes. I could understand if I had been at a pet store. Some people are allergic to animals. Ross does not want my business.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I had just checked out with my 3 year old daughter who told me she had to go to the bathroom. So I went straight from the register to the bathroom. After we were done we headed straight for the exit. But before exiting we walked up to another cashier and I apologized for interrupting her with another customer had I had asked if it was ok to exit because I had taken a huge oversized bag to the back of the store after purchase. She looked at me like I was stupid as hell and was like "you're fine" in this almost sarcastic done. I tried ignoring it thinking she didn't mean it and told her "Thank you... Have a good day." She then raised her eyebrows at me and didn't even have the decency to say anything. She was rude for no reason at all.

I understand that working retail can be overwhelming but if you don't have good people skills you really shouldn't be working a cashiering position. I come from Graham, WA and the Rainier View Marketplace location in Puyallup, WA is the closest location. But I'm tempted to travel the extra 20 minutes to go to another location for now on. The original person who helped us with our purchase was great. But this last girl was something else.

Ross Dress For Less Company Information