2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.0/5 (410 ratings)

About Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ross Dress For Less?

Original review: June 13, 2021

Yesterday 6/12/2021 at around 1:30pm, I entered the store to purchase some items including clothing for my 9 year old son. As I was going through shirts size 6-7 for boys, I found a box cutting knife hanging on one of the hangers. I took it and immediately looked for a store employee but couldn’t find one so I brought it to one of the cashiers on front. Her name is Alexis. I was trying to be discreet about it so, I said with a low voice so other customers can’t hear me ”Excuse me, I found this on one of the hangers in the kids section.” I was expecting a apology and thank you for bringing it to me but all I got was “oh ok” and she turned away from me. I was shocked over her careless reaction and then told her with my normal tone of voice, that this is a knife that I have found in the kid section to make her understand the severity of a box cutting knife just randomly laying/hanging around in the store yet alone the kid section.

I don’t even want to imagine what could have happened if this knife was found by a child. Those knives are really not that hard to open. Again, her responds was “ok” like I’m bothering her. I usually don’t complain and I probably wouldn’t have if the situation would have been treated with more professionalism but the way it was handled, I can tell that this is no big deal to the employees of this Ross location and I sure it’s going to happen again, if this is not brought to the attention of Ross corporate. This is unacceptable!!!

Also, customer service is horrible. Not only does Alexis needs to be trained on customer service but also Delilah who has checked me out. All she said to me, was next purchase (which makes me feel like customers are seen as cattle). No, "hello, how are you doing today, did you find everything ok"...nothing but attitude. I have asked her after a few moments (hoping she would still great me) how she was doing to make her aware that there is actually a real person standing in front of her but all she said was “good”.

I love going to Ross but the customer service is getting worst every time I go there. Not only in Harker Height, TX but also in Killeen, TX which is right next to Harker Heights. It is definitely not a relaxing, fun experience to be shopping at Ross anymore with employees who do not even know the basics of customer service, which is being simply helpful and friendly to customers. Treat others how you want to be treated. It doesn’t hurt to smile!!! P.S. I hope that my complaint is not just pushed to the side and hope that something is actually being done so, we as the customer can have a safe and pleasant experience at Ross!

Original review: May 5, 2021

Clutter. I visited the one in Baltimore, Maryland and I went through but came right out because there was no order. I knew what I wanted and went to the back where household items were and again things were all over the place. I love Ross. I just want things to be a little more straightened.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I shop Ross in Delray Beach on Atlantic Ave. Whenever you need to return something they act very bad like you stole it. If you don't have a receipt they don't look it up with your card like any other good store. The manager teams up with her crew against the customer. She treated me very nasty. Also at first she didn't want to come out at all and when she finally come out she ignored me at first speaking to her peers. Didn't even say hi. And when she finally kind of spoke to me she was very rude and uncooperative. All I came in is to return a bag that the zipper is not working for $12. I can't imagine what will be the reaction if I came with a more expensive item.

Ross wake up. It is 2020 in a pandemic time where a lot of other retail stores would love our business. And when they smile when you return an item. You want to go back in and spend more. This is not the first time it happened in this store but it is the first time I am writing about it. I did find my receipt when I got home. But I will never step in a store that don't respect me a human being and a customer. They don't deserve our business.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Watch out for the loss prevention (tall skinny ** guy with glasses, light brown/blonde hair and wearing a plain black mask). He needs to be fired, he didn't tell anyone about the hangers until I was at the front of the line and I had to rush to get them off before I could check out. Then when I was almost done, he THEN specified which hangers and I apparently wasn't supposed to take the white ones off.

After I finally made it to checkout, I was voicing my concerns to the cashier when he pops into our conversation by yelling, berating me, being condescending, telling me over and over about how wrong I am, acting like I am stupid and apparently "hard of hearing" (even though both my mother and I heard him clearly) and wouldn't let me get a word in. I have PTSD and health issues where I will literally DIE if I get put in enough stress and because of him, I had a panic attack, couldn't breathe, and was crying hysterically when I finally left the store. I never want to come back because of him and this was my favorite store to go to.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I love the Ross store on Hanes Mall Blvd. in Winston-Salem, NC, however, I had my first bad experience yesterday while trying to return two pairs of pants on separate receipts. Both pants were the same price. I requested a store voucher for one pair of the pants due to the purchase being over 30 days. The second pair of pants I requested the refund to go back to my credit card. I told the cashier that I wanted to repurchase the second return with the voucher she gave me for the first return.

The cashier asked me to insert my credit card and she charged the repurchase pants to my credit card. The cashier was very defensive and rude and threw the receipt into the bag and the manager came over and tried to tell me the cashier did the transaction correctly until I pulled the receipt out of the bag which proved that the cashier had charged me for the pants on my credit card. The manager corrected the error. He was very nice and professional and also apologized, he also offer me a discount on my next purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Six cousins, 14-23 years old decided to make a quick stop before going to play volleyball to look for shirts. Apparently we were not made aware that 6 exceeds the limit of how many ** people could enter the store. Not only were they followed (we are very used to that, and have all been taught not to touch too many things), but the security guard decided to stand two feet from them and then get on his little walkie talkie thing and state “yes, I have two of them right here!” This store made sure they would not have a comfortable experience. And because of that, they will NEVER see another GREEN dollar from me! It sickens me that we still have to endure this! I have been a loyal customer for decades in multiple states!!! Too bad I wasn’t the one that exceeded the limit and it was my children that made to feel less than worthy to shop at ROSS!???

Original review: July 12, 2020

I tried returning clothes I’d lost the receipt for and was told they were marked down to fifty cents each, so that’s what I’d be receiving. The tags on the clothes not only indicated no markdowns, but I’ve never seen any clothing at Ross sell for less than five dollars.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The product is ok, the price is ok but the service is really bad, the manager is not prescribed, try to generate fight with the customers for no reason. I hate them all. Not recommended for good and kind people.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I tried to contact them thru Ross Dress For Less complaint form. But it wouldn't go though. One of their newest location in the city of Perris, C.A. 92571 Do not support Handicap customers! ADA requires all retail stores to make their stores handicap accessible!! Their store is not handicap friendly! There are no signs displayed, They did not assist me at all, I had to stand in line like everyone else! Thank goodness I had the basket to lean on. I asked why didn't they have assistance for handicap? The cashier said she didn't know! This is the only Ross store in Perris, and it's new! They have time to make changes while they're closed! Due to Covid-19, I hope they comply!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

As a bargain hunter, I found that Ross rarely lets me down. They offer brand names, great selection, and prices that can’t be beat. Why pay more for the same things at a crowded mall or purchase the unknown online and then return? I love it!

Ross Dress For Less Company Information