1.39/5

409 Menards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I purchased Tarkett flooring from Menards and had it installed. During the installation process the flooring started to chip and was not going in seamlessly so our installer called the local store 3 times to be advised. Three times he was told to continue the project because "Menards would take care of us" & we should have a floor until they do. Well 6 months later, Menards Corp Customer Service has done everything in their power to not take ownership in this. Each time we, the customers, have been blamed.

They are a multi-million dollar company and they are do everything possible to not have any ownership in it. I was an extremely loyal customer too. Customer service in the store is wonderful at time but that's the opposite of corporate. The Corporate Customer Service Dept doesn't even speak to customers. They ONLY respond via typed mailed letters. Talk about informal. I've never felt so disregarded. This is the worst customer service & home improvement project we've ever done. Please pick anyone else for your large home improvement needs because if you may need them at any point - you will receive zero assistance.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Menards return policy sucks. I bought high value items with 8 dollar rebate and when I went to return many items next day they told me because I used rebate that was not even close to value of what I bought. They could not give me money back only in store credit. This should be illegal. Don’t shop there. Go to Home Depot.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This is my first experience with Menards... I purchased 2 pallets of wood fuel pellets (100 Bags) from Cuyahoga Falls Menards. Had them delivered. They were promised between 7 am - 12 pm. At 1205 I called to see where they were. They told me that the truck was just leaving and should be there shortly. At 4:15 they finally arrived. I received the product and at least 10% of the bags were either ripped or the pellets. Called and talked to the manager, Tony. Said he was sorry and would swap out 9 bag for me. I asked for the delivery charge to be credited since I stayed home all day rather than 1/2 day. The product is poor, like sawdust. The delivery is very very late. And the way the manager handled the poor first experience... well you decide, but I'm not going back to Menards... I'm sticking to Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Burlington, WI Menards Pole Barn purchase - $25K spent and Menards customer service is HORRIBLE, just awful experience. At first everything was ordered and good, then came deliver day, they ask when you order what type of machine can unload and I told them a CAT excavator and a Dresser - either one can manage the weight. Well come to find out you need a forklift, then they said they will send their local truck with the forklift on it - driver was afraid to deliver down the driveway (mind you it is a tight turn) but semi-trucks were in and out with gravel all week. Then 2 days later they decide to "try" it - it was fine in and out. Deliver was short by ALL of the actual small lumber (only $5000 worth of material) had to set up for the next day. Then 2 days later we find out the Dutch doors are there but no door frame - WHAT THE HECK MENARDS. GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER!! This has been just a miserable experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Service on returns at the Garden City, Ks store. I tried to return a chainsaw yesterday 2/23/18, the person at the returns counter told me I needed to remove the bar oil. I took the electric saw to my pickup and dumped the oil in a cup and put that in a trash can in the front of the store. I took saw back in and proceeded to pick up about $300 worth of electrical supplies and a different saw. Now the rub! I took the cart to the exchange desk and I was informed the exchange could not be made unless I removed all the "residue" (wood chips and bar oil) from inside the saw.

Now I am in my Sunday clothes as I drove from church in a neighboring town to do business with Menards. Now I ask the clerk if he is kidding, he says no his manager has made this a requirement. I left the new saw and the $300 worth of electrical supplies at the counter and took my business elsewhere. Now I will get the saw exchanged but my contractor business will be taken to elsewhere!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We bought a washer from the Brooklyn Park Menards and it right away started making squeaking noises and then a horrible high pitch noise when it spins so we wanted to wait to see if it was just because it was new. And then it started leaking so we went to return it and we had to wait a long time and also they made us tell our story with my video proof of the noise and everything to 5 different workers just for the last two to tell us that there is nothing they can do and that because they have a 7 day return on appliances or it has to not be used or in original packaging!!!

Well first off it was a floor model so technically it was still in its original package because that’s how we received it!!! And second yes we used it because that’s why we bought it not for it to just sit there!!! And a 7 day return are you kidding me? How can it be 7 days that gives you no time to even try it or anything. But that’s not their fault. What’s their is they didn’t even try to make us happy. They just kept telling us they wouldn’t give us a refund and to talk to the company we don’t want to. We just want to return the thing and get a different one!!!

They just had horrible customer service and no one even thought to try to figure out a way and the manager was so dismissive and rude too!!! Never going and spending money there ever again so I hope they are happy that they lost customers and I’m going to try everything I can to make sure they keep losing more for the way they treat people!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I just bought products at Menards. I did not know it was supposed to be self-check, so I waited for the cashier to bag. But the cashier turned to chat with the other cashier. I finally asked her if she was going to bag. She said it was self-check. There is not good management of employees here to give good customer service. Cashiers act like they are in high school. No thanks.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

First and last time dealing with Menards. Would give 0 stars if I could. Long story short - ordered a garage package in late May. First load of materials came and not only were all the studs the wrong length, but garage doors were not included. Second load came with garage doors, but not enough soffit pieces or enough shingles. Builder had to order shingles locally at additional expense to us. Third delivery of soffit pieces still not correct and one piece missing. Additionally, garage door openers did not include extensions needed for the doors. This was in mid-July. Here are in mid-September and missing soffit pieces and garage door extensions still have not shown up to allow builder to finish project. This was through the Williston North Dakota store. Complete cluster!! Will never set foot in a Menards store.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was at Menards in Traverse City, MI yesterday and worked with an associate named Liz in the kitchen cupboard section. She was a delight... She took all the time I needed and helped me on the computer to do a layout of a booth you think cabinets. She was very informed and very patient. You could tell she love her job and knew what she was doing. Thank you Liz.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Ordered a plastic dome shaped grate for a drain in my yard. Website showed a picture and a description stating shape, size, material item was made of and price. The size was stated to be 18" X 18". I ordered it. It arrived and measured. 16 7/8 X 16 7/8. After several emails to customer service I am told it is made to fit into a catch basin with an 18 X 18 opening. Therefore it is not actually that size. So I tried to return it since the ad never started that. I was told it would cost me shipping as well as a TWENTY FIVE PERCENT RESTOCKING FEE! Sorry Menards, but that is just plain and simple THEFT!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I sure wished I would have read some reviews before ordering anything at Menards. Went to the store Wichita, Kansas on Maize road. Ordered a bypass closet door that I found on their online site. I wanted it delivered because of having no way to haul. $100.00 for delivery. Crazy! The bypass door was only $163.00. I had no other choice. Paid for it and left. When the door arrived, Menards replaced it with a cheaper door, about half the price I paid. I am wondering why they did not see or check the number of the item. After reading the reviews, I now know why they sent the wrong. It is shameful that companies have to make money by

dishonest means. I called them and they reordered the door, it was wrong, too. I am not sure I will ever get my money credited back. Never shop there

again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Menards has seen the last of us as a customer, due to their unethical practices. We had previously stopped shopping there, after they repeatedly carried no inventory of sale items on the first day of the sale. Once that store closed, we decided to try the new store in the area. We recently purchased $1,600 of deck railings, which were not in inventory, so we were forced to order them online in the store. When asked, the salesman assured us that any of the items could be returned for full refund, in the event that we found that the quantity ordered was incorrect.

When we tried returning an excess panel ($200), we were told by the store manager that there was a 25% restocking fee because it was a "special order". There was no persuading him that this was not appropriate and the salesman denied ever telling us that the items were returnable. Since Menards was holding our money hostage, we had no choice but to take the $50 loss, but this will be the last of our money that they will ever see.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I can count on 1 hand how many reviews I have left for a business but this one was so shocking, I just needed to take the time to share my experience. On 8/7/18 I called the Bay City MI Menards to verify they indeed had the 3 sets of hunting climbing sticks their website said they had before I wasted a trip to the store. I called and they said, "Yes, we have 3 sets" so I drove ~ 1 hour to get them. Upon arriving I could not find them and went to the desk and they called someone to come help me. His name was Tyler and he was very helpful but unfortunately he could not find what they claimed they had in stock and explained their counts must be off.

He was very knowledgeable and even went as far as to look up the upcoming truck deliveries and found out which truck would have more and when it would be arriving. In the meantime I was looking at another set of climbing sticks and he looked up the price and told me the box I had in my cart was X price. Since they were so inexpensive I figured I would get them so my trip was not a total waste of time. I went to cash out and this is where my experience went south in a hurry. Upon cashing out the cashier told me my total was ~$140 and I commented that couldn't be right and we started verifying the prices. We found the item Tyler previously looked up and gave me a price on rang up 4X more than what he told me so she called over her supervisor/manager named Ebony.

Ebony did some checking and said the price that rang up must be correct and I explained again that I just spoke to Tyler less than 5 minutes ago and asked her to contact him to verify. She simply responded "he must be new and not know what he is doing because they rang up at $59.99" and she stood there almost waiting to see what my reaction would be or if I would purchase them anyways. I grabbed the item from my cart and sat it on the end platform of their checkout lane, That is when this supervisor/manager decided to have the last word by saying "Thanks for doing that, it saved me the work". Both myself and the gentleman in line behind me just looked at her in shock and disbelief.

Not only was MS. Ebony unwilling to reach out to the person that just less than 5 minutes ago, she also insulted him by "assuming" he was new and didn't know what he was doing" but then inserted her own version of customer service by getting the last word in and thanking me for removing the item from my cart and saying in a snide tone "Thanks for doing that, it saved me the work".

After leaving I called back to the store and asked for Tyler to thank him for going above and beyond and also to let him know about the price discrepancy but he was out on his lunch break. That is when I found out he has worked for Menards for ~ 8-10 years and has traveled all over the state to work at and help set up other stores in and out of Michigan so he apparently is the new dummy that Supervisor Ebony that he was. If only she was as willing to try and look into the details as much as Tyler was she would not have portrayed such a poor example of customer service and cost her employer what had been a long standing customer.

I will NEVER spend another dollar in that store and have already told numerous friends and contractor contacts about my experience. Two of the three contractors at work made comments along the line that it did not surprise them one bit and have had multiple similar experiences so apparently this is more of a culture for some VS an isolated incident with a person that may have been having a bad day. I will shop anywhere BUT Menards going forward. All because of one rude woman that made a customer feel like her investigating a price discrepancy was a major inconvenience and felt the need to end the experience with a snide comment almost to get the last word in and show me she wasn't going to do something she didn't want to do.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We purchased a power washer. When doing so the sales rep stated if we see the price go down in the next 30 days to simply bring receipt to cust service desk. So 19 days after purchase we were at the same store shopping in Taylor MI (new store). When passing by the power washers we decided to see the price... It was $20 less. We were happy and said, "Wow that never happens to us." So I purchased some pool supplies and we stopped at the rebate desk on the way out and gave the story to a girl there. She said, "Yeah 30 days is our policy." So we drove home and came all the way back same day on a Saturday afternoon.

As we enter the store we are in a line (one of two) about 10 people deep at cust service and returns. We finally made it to the desk and the lady asked, "What can I do for you?" I said, "Just a simple price adjustment please." I handed her the receipt and she grunted and as she was handing the receipt back to me sharply said, "Our policy is 14 days sorry." I said, "It's not on the receipt and two of your employees here said 30 days... We just drove home and back again to clear this up based on your employees' direction." She smirked and replied, "Well sorry. If ya want ya can return it or exchange it." I said, "I love the power washer and plus did you notice on your receipt it states and gas powered item cannot be returned or exchanged if it's had gas or oil in it and not in original package." She said, "Well sorry sir. I can't help you."

So my better half piped up and asked for a manager. The rep said, "He's at lunch. Sorry mam." So I said, "You have to be kidding me. This store just recently opened." And we walked out. Next I go online, find the Menards guest service email and write this all up nicely... Monday comes and I get a one liner that said, "Sir just return or exchange the item." I replied and let them know that he needs to read fine print as I can't return it.

24 hrs later the guy named "Ray" came back and said, "Sorry there is no price adjustment on this." He used exclamation point and was rude. So I asked for a manager and he replied, "Sorry no price adjustment Andrew." I wrote Ray back and told "Ray" we again want a manager and how this is not good business. They don't care. I got another one liner. We are sad as we love shopping there. We thought HD was bad. Nope. Menards is worse. I now have to boycott. What can you do. It's the principle here not the cash. They lose customers daily. I hope Amazon takes them out.

Original review: July 27, 2018

WORST, WORST, WORST customer service. I have special order of 5 air conditioner and heat unit on 12th July 2018 and they received full in 18th July 2018 and today is 27th July. Still didn't received it and they charge $89.00 for delivery, I call on 25th July to dispatcher co-ordinator and the guy said, "Your order is set up for delivery on 27th July before 5:00 pm," but I didn't received on 27th July, I call to find out, they said it's not set up for delivery on 27th July and now they set up for 30th July for delivery so let see, but VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM MENARDS.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered an exhaust kit for my Soleus AC room unit, the product I purchased stated it fit all Soleus models. The kit cost $69 shipped, upon arrival the ring that is supposed to connect the exist kit to the AC unit (critical) did not fit, was not the correct part. After multiple emails with customer service (JOKE), they admitted they sent the wrong part (No Kidding) then they sent me a FEDEX return label and charged me for it, they also charged me a "restocking fee" leaving me with $27 out the $69 originally spent on Menards product. Do not buy anything from these liars. MENARDS IS RAN BY THIEVES AND HATE AMERICA. MENARDS IS CORRUPT, THEY ARE LOSERS.

Original review: July 21, 2018

2017 July. Purchased a special order speckled roof, matching cap, and paid the extra money for the matching color of the speckled self tapping screws Port Huron Michigan. I told the guys in the pro section the size of the roof and gave them all the information needed to get me what I need. 15'*30' structure with a 5 pitch roof, 6" overhang on the left and right side and zero overhang toward both gables. Roof came in around October. My background Is carpentry/builder, have a builder's license, and do have experience putting on metal roofs. So I'm a contractor, but this was for myself!

My site location is 35 miles from my current location, meaning I drive a 70 miles each time to go there. It's a 20 acre lot, front of the lot nearest the road has a wetland section and the back in regular land. The location has 3 creeks flowing through it, with muddy, hilly terrain, with a 15' wide trail going back 1500'. So that means its 3000' for a round trip to carry one item to where my construction site is. The framework was up in July for the building and have been waiting for the roof to come in since then.

So no notification for several months and I call every 2 weeks, till late in October I was told it has been sitting at Menards for about a month. I needed this roof to cover my skid steer and multiple attachment before winter came that was came in late August, to protect not just from the elements, but critters that love to make homes and food in the oddest of places. I also had other valuable equipment I needed covered as well. So I carried all the roof (3 pieces at a time) from my covered van through the woods, through the creeks cold current, through mud, up hills, to where it needed to be. Please keep in mind I made a 15' wide path, so nothing scratched this roof. It was 15 trips. That 9 miles to carry the materials in case anyone cares. So I'm putting this roof up myself. No one to help me, middle of the woods, and now I'm super pressed for time because in a week there's suppose to be snow and a major temp drop.

Issue #1 - Well the self tapping screws were garbage, every one of them, couldn't penetrate the steel. They would spin spin spin and never tap. So I had to run out and get a special drill bit and drill every hole. But I'm sitting here looking at some of these screws that are also suppose to be speckled, and few had speckles and most were just a sold color and maybe 1 spec. Bottom line I could've saved a small fortune and bought the plain jane steel roof screws and save myself from buying the drill bit.

Issue #2 - Some of the panels and numerous scratches on them, so I had to dig through the pile to see how many. 9 panels and some were dent gouges like from a machine, cause it was repetitive. Regardless I had to still put them up cause I was out of time. Figured Menards would give me some matching paint and it was covered under warranty. Issue #3 - The guy behind the counter assured me I had enough cap and assured me with multiple associates that there was enough for overlap. Well there wasn't, cap was 6" short. Regardless, I put everything I had up and was done and it snowed 5 days later with the major temp drop. The roof was a sheet of ICE.

So a week or 2 later I went to the Menards, closer to my home instead of the job site, New Baltimore, Michigan. Used the card at one of those print receipts computers to get my receipt and go make me complaints at the pro desk. Well after standing there in line for 30 minutes, I get someone and end up asking for the manager, because it was obvious he was clueless. So another 30 minutes goes by manager shows up and starts helping out another customer cause he cut in to ask a quick question! So manager tells me TY for my patience. He'll be with me in a few minutes. So I'm like well ** I stood here for an hour another 10 minutes won't hurt, it was a 40 minute wait.

Finally he gets to me and I tell him all the same information and he tells me I need to go to the Menards where I purchased the roof at, cause there was nothing he could do. So my jaw hits the ground and I go out to Port Huron. These guys wanted me to take the roof off and bring back the panels for inspection instead of looking at the ** pictures on my phone. The phone has big screen and extremely nice detailed pictures! So I argued they should give me an extra cap/or part of a cap to match 2', the paint repair kit, and a reimbursement for the 3 drills bit I had to buy for the self tapping screws. They told me that sounded fair and then said they wanted me to pay for it!?! I mean seriously, these people are freaking idiots and what the hell good is the warranty to the roof, if I'm paying for the repairs and doing them???

This isn't the only job that Menards has screwed me over on, in a major way. The people at the PRO desk and complete and utter idiots, every time I ask them question, it's "I don't know," "I don't know," "Let me check what it says on the site," and they read me word for word the description like I haven't done that. Zero information, zero customer service, zero help, zero warranty, and just expensive junk. It might look nice, but something about it is junk and will cost more than its worth down the line.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I placed and paid for an online order on 1/5/18 for an outdoor security light and camera. A few hours later I received an email from the local store manager advising my order would not be in until 4/16/18. At the time, the fact that the date promised was more than 90 days beyond the purchase date was not an issue. I expected to pick the item up after the date it was promised to be in. Unfortunately, when I did arrive at the store within two weeks to pick up my order I was sent to three different places in the store before I was told it was not there and they had no way to get one because it was discontinued. When I asked for a refund I was told I could only get a store credit because it had been over 90 days. My response - "Whose fault is that?!"

It is now going on 3 months of going back and forth with corporate through my BBB complaint. They are holding to the 90-day refund policy. Even with all the documentation I provided the latest from the Customer Service Manager - The refund policy was spelled out and I had opportunity to cancel my order after I received notice that it wouldn't be in until 4/16/18. Seriously?! Had I known that not only could Menards NOT DELIVER on their promise but that they did not have the courtesy to notify me of that BEFORE THE 90 DAYS, I would have indeed requested a refund within the deadline. Who does that?! Not Home Depot or Lowe's! If not obvious, I will no longer be shopping at Menards, but will not stop my complaint until Menards rectifies the situation.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I recently purchased a home and it needs a lot of work. I went to Menards in Holland, OH last night to start getting prices and to really see what they have (products) and if anything would be useful for me and also to get ideas. As one could imagine, I will be spending a lot of money... but definitely NOT with Menards. I spent well over an hour inside the store, walking from aisle to aisle, looking up at the tops, down and the floor displays, writing stuff down, and generally looking inquisitively. NOT ONE worthless customer service person asked me if I needed any help or even acknowledged I existed in their world! Seriously, NOT ONE!

I was back in the paint department asking a question about putting Killz/primer on a floor and I didn't know if I should go with latex or if it mattered? I asked the young tall ** guy in the department, and although he was polite and tried to help, all he did was the same thing I could have done, read and examined all the products to see what the labels said! I then made my way through the entry doors, HVAC stuff, tools, lawn and garden, windows, insulation, then outside and looked at their yard maintenance stuff and chemicals, and still, NOT ONE PERSON stopped me and asked if I had any questions, NOT ONE PERSON even looked my way!!!

I did go back to the paint department at the end of my journey, I saw a few garage floor epoxy kits on clearance for a very nice price, so I picked up two of them. I asked that same ** guy if there was a way they could add some black paint to them and he said no, but did try to offer some advice. There was a 30 something heavier ** guy that was also polite and tried to be helpful, there was a smaller ** woman working who walked right past me several times and I must have been invisible to her also.

The only person that was genuinely nice and greeted me (and this was probably out of boredom) was the cashier. Other than the ** guy, heavier ** guy (both of whom I initiated the conversation) and the cashier, probably 15-20+ employees walked right past me for well over an hour. I don't need that garbage, I won't tolerate it, and I certainly will NEVER EVER shop there or recommend anyone shop there. I am a contractor and meet new people every day and you can be sure that every chance I get I will tell my tale!

Original review: July 15, 2018

My husband and I shop at the Menards in Pekin, Illinois regularly. More often than not, an extended warranty is purchased with major products. In May of 2018, a self propelled push lawn mower and a weed trimmer stopped working after the first use in the spring. They were both still under the extended warranty. I called Menards to find out where to take them to be fixed. They instructed us to take them to Small Engine Speciality in either Peoria or Washington, Illinois. We opted to use the one in Washington.

After 9 weeks and numerous phone calls to Small Engine Specialists, it was obvious they were't in a hurry to fix our merchandise, the warranty by this time had expired on the weed trimmer. I proceeded to go into the store and tell the manager the problem. Menards tried numerous times to call SES without any success. Menards stood behind the warranty/took the merchandise that didn't work & replaced it with new merchandise. Kudos to Menards!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Used to love shopping at Menards until 7/10/18! I went to my local Menards in Oakdale MN because they had a filter for my pond, when I got there the filter they had left on the shelf had been sitting there for at least a year with dust and already had been opened. So I decided because it was the last one and my fish needed it I was going to try and price match to the local PetSmart! When I asked if they would price match it the lady at customer service was rude and I sat in line for twenty minutes while other customers sat in line as well! The main manager on duty just walked over and completely ignored the situation so I decided to say forget it! I was super angry because even though I showed them the website they still wouldn’t price match it! I apologized to the people in line and expressed that this is poor customer service!!! I will never again put money into this business!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I have shopped at Menards for many years. Unfortunately, the items keep getting poorer in quality and the people working there know nothing about what they are selling or what is in their store. I asked for specific lighting from a Menards store (which they even have on their website). The lady said "I've never heard of those kinds of lighting - you won't find it here - and probably won't find it anywhere else." Really? I ended up ordering it from another company. Additionally, I have purchased multiple "Patriot Lighting" items from Menards. It is TOTAL GARBAGE!! I've had to take 2 things back already in the past, mostly because either pieces were broken or missing. Unfortunately, I had to buy one more piece of this garbage (for lack of other options locally). Just opened a track this morning and of course, one of the ends is missing. Surprise surprise. Now I get to take yet another trip back to Menards to get rid of this garbage.

I not only won't be buying anything else that is Patriot Lighting, I won't be going to Menards anymore. I've owned businesses before, and wouldn't be caught dead selling this low-end garbage unless I owned a dollar tree and it was expected to be low-quality crap for a buck. I understand it's important for businesses to offer an array of price ranges and those low prices often include lower-quality products from China; however, there has to be a line drawn when a mass percentage of the products have issues such as pieces broken, missing, etc. Where is the line drawn with safety? Since this is lighting, I don't feel safe putting any of these lights in my home.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I purchased this high(est) end Larson's storm door from Menards. The glass is supposed to be e-rated but obviously is not. The door traps so much heat in summer (and winter) that the molding on my steel door window has warped in 6 months and the paint has faded (see picture). Even worse is the fact that the glass and the storm door handle get so 'very' hot that it is a burn hazard. A kid visiting my house yelled in pain when she tried to open the door. Another kid whose face happened to touch the glass/knob had red burn marks on her face. Adult guests have been caught by surprise at the temperature of the glass and knob i.e. amount of heat the glass and doorknob absorb.

This door is a lemon, an accident waiting to happen. I want to return this but Menards customer service (Wixom, MI) is miserable. Door construction is also very poor. It is difficult to remove the glass and insert the net. Hinges are not reliable. I am very disappointed with this purchase - a product liability sitting on my front door. Please note: Many of my neighbors have storm doors and NONE of them have this problem. None of those doors are 'Larson' brand!

Original review: June 21, 2018

Employee helped load already damaged $700 entry door into my brand new truck. He proceeded to push door into bed and damaged tailgate. Filled out accident report and they refused to pay the measly $200 it would have cost to fix... Gonna lose a lot more than that because my family and I refuse to shop there anymore!!!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was at the Brooklyn Park, MN. Menards on 6-15 today and the customer service was horrible. The female that I asked for help used every excuse to not help me, ranging from "it's not my dept." to "I'm sorry I just can't help you", so when the guy from the hardware dept came to help me he had an attitude also because he had to get down a pallet of oil for me. No one other than the cashier who was nice said Hello and Thank you. When I spoke with the manager on the floor about this she had a crappy attitude also. Since they have redone that store the people they hire just plain SUCK. Won't shop there again!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We ordered all our house interior doors at Menards on 5/19. 17 sets of doors were to be made by Mastercraft a special order vendor with Menards. We were assured that the doors would arrive in a weeks time and that text message would follow apprising us of the delivery. Sure enough a week later (5/26) we received a text saying doors were ready for pick up. We lined up our installers/carpenters to pick them up but were given only 6 doors. We were told the rest would come later.

After 5 more days we get a text about arrival of doors. This time we ask them for delivery however only 6 are delivered. Our carpenters had another half day wasted. We made several calls to Menards to no avail. Nobody could definitively tell us the status of the doors. Finally in utter frustration we head back to Menards and talk with the manager. His only response is that it was out of his hands and he didn't know the whereabouts of the doors. We were told to deal with one of his salesman. He finally assured us that all doors would arrive by 6/15.

In the meantime we have had a call from their installation contracting dept. that all doors are in. Another false alarm since they had no clue as to the status of the doors and had not bothered to check. Apparently the computer records were not updated they tell us now. After another few days we were blessed with one only one more door. Today we come to know that the remaining doors will not be delivered until 6/21 a full week after what was a definitive deadline. We have now totally lost it. Excuses have ranged from bad workmanship and returns to shipping issues.

Now the latest excuse is that MasterCraft (the manufacturer) have run out of raw material. I am an Architect and it's normal that there maybe a day or 2 day or even a week delay but I have yet to see such gross delays. What is most frustrating and infuriating is the total lack of responsibility, accountability or any remorse from managers or asst. Managers. Their only response is that it, "Is out of our hands".

Their record keeping is awful. Sales manager don't know whats happening in receiving and the manager has no grip over anything. I frankly don't know how they manage. If this keeps on I don't see how they are going to survive amongst their competitors. We are at this moment at their mercy and they know it. We have absolutely no recourse but to grin and bear it. I am finding it extremely difficult to say this (because I am a fair person) but my experience with Menards customer Service is the most awful I have had with any store. Disgusting!!! They are a huge store with lots of goods but they lack the most important item in their store and that's a heart.

Original review: June 12, 2018

This company has dozens and dozens of complaints, we purchase a lawn mower out the box, turn out to be used with missing parts, will not run. When we try to return it, "SORRY BUT ONCE YOU PUT GAS IN IT, YOU CAN'T RETURN IT." This Lawn Mower was already used. Look the other reviews about this company.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Avoid this company like the plague. For the sake of your sanity do not shop at Menards, specifically the one in Warren, Michigan. I purchased a toilet there in March 2017, had it installed in August 2017 and by January 2018 the toilets’ porcelain had worn off in numerous places in the bowl. When talking about this with various local Menards stores, I was given different ways to deal with the problem. The easiest solution given to me was to return the tank with some pictures showing the damage. This was done and a replacement was provided. The removal and the reinstallation of the replacement cost me $120. Menards told me to submit an installation Complaint Form to their corporate office.

This form, the requested pictures, the receipt, an estimate showing the cost of the reinstallation all had to be sent to their main office in Wisconsin via “snail” mail. There is no phone number or email available to the customers that I could speak with. Their corporate office in Wisconsin has no way to communicate with them to express concerns or complaints. (What big box store has no way to contact the main location directly? What are they hiding from? The store employees claim they also don’t have direct phone contact with the main office either!)

After waiting almost 3 weeks for a response to my submission sent by certified mail since I wanted to be sure this was received, I get a letter in the mail from Menards telling me that they forwarded a copy of my complaint to American Standard who made my Eljer toilet. Soon thereafter, I get a letter from American Standard the manufacturer of the toilets telling me that their warranty does not cover installations and as a “customer courtesy” they were going to send me a $25 Menards gift card. Is this “customer courtesy” a joke? I was advised that I had to call American Standard to confirm receipt of the letter acknowledging the $25 gift card. I had to wait on hold over 30 minutes to get to talk to a person there. The representative there told me that this was the maximum compensation that they would provide. What a joke!

I have reached out to various Menards stores and was even advised by the Wixom store who I should talk with at the Warren store as he, (the Wixom associate) said he would reach out and was sure he could convince the Warren manager to do something for me. The Wixom person gave me the name of Roland to reach out to. I attempted to have a conversation with him and he did not seem interested in helping me in any way. He clearly did not want to have any conversation with me and basically cut me off and I ended the conversation at this point.

As I previously mentioned I spoke with different stores stating different things EXCEPT consistent information stating that the extent of their obligation is to replace the item. An assistant manager of the Warren store told me during one of these conversations that had I just gotten the toilet painted I would not have incurred this reinstallation cost. I asked why that was not an option provided to me and was told that they don’t provide this service. (Why then would that have been a suggestion after the fact)?

Had I known that this could be fixed by painting I would have done that. I have exhausted myself trying to get somebody to help me but nobody will. I do not understand how any big box store can function with no email, fax capability or corporate phone number us to reach a customer service or customer care department. Most stores have management, (loosely used term) that is filled by people that are too young to know of or understand what good customer service is.

Menards has lost me as a customer at all of their local locations as a result of the incompetence, lies and misrepresentations provided from their various stores. While each store carries the Menards name, each store is basically independently owned and operated with inconsistent policies and procedures. Buyer beware unless you are willing to go through extreme grief and aggravation. This may not be the company for you as I know it is certainly not the store for me. I only wish I had gone online to see all the negative feedback about them on the various websites.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Great value - Easily found a game for $4 there and it was $8 at Walmart. I spent very little time in the store that was pretty well lit with a beautiful view.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I usually go to Menards Men Falls, Wisc. first since they always have what I need in basic hardware. But it can get really noisy with the music sometimes which I do not like. Nevertheless, the staff are really good.

Menards Company Information