Menards

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Space doesn't permit me to write about the problems, manager incompetence and general lack of concern for their customers. I wish I could give no stars. The Menard family should be ashamed to advertise, "Dedicated to service and quality". What a joke! There have been a couple of bad experiences at Menards. The last one involved me going two times to pick up garage doors to no avail. Me once and me paying a contractor the second time. Guess what? I still don't have any garage doors. The doors were purchased at Evendale and I was told to drive around back to pick them up. I finally get there after the guy at the gate telling me the wrong place to go and they tell me that there is only one after the salesman said they were in stock. I then ask them if they were available in the Loveland store. Paperwork was transferred to Loveland.

A couple of days later my contractor on my nickel went to pick them up and he was told there is no paperwork to back that up and he wasn't able to pick them up and no one did anything but say to go back to Evendale to fix the paperwork. Are you playing a practical joke? Where are the cameras? If I was the Menard family, I would change my name. If you want to know how not to treat the customer, go to Menards! I have filed a complaint with their corporate office but will be very surprised if I hear from them. Mr. Menard, if you care at all about your customers, pick up the phone and call me personally and I will retract my complaint.

I used to live in Michigan and had a Menards close by... never had a HD, and Lowe's moved out many years ago. So Menards is the only choice. I've always had good luck at the store. But now I live in Florida, and Menards is not in this state. So I went to their website and ordered a dozen Loctite epoxy tube sets for plastics. (I had used many tubes of it bought at their store.) Upon using the first one, the color mixed clear (I was expecting a cream color like the others). The consistency was runny instead of standing up in a gob. I applied it anyway and found it would not stick to plastic. (I was used to not being able to remove it except by hammer and chisel... even then it took a lot of chiseling to finally get it all off.) I just tapped it with a wrench and the whole thing popped right off. I tried a second and third tube set and found the same thing.

I called Loctite and they had me read a code on the tube which told them these tubes were over a year past their expiration date. They also told me Menards is notorious for distributing out-of-expiration-date products from them. And since I had used 3 tubes I decided it wasn't worth the bother of trying to get them replaced and ate the $60.

You want to know. Contact me, Menards. I would NOT recommend Your Store near Kankakee IL to anyone. The whole Staff needs to be Trained on Customer Service. 3 Men said they were "Store Managers" in one spot. Nice try to cover up their ability to run a store! No Disabled Store or Women Friendly!!!

I was told by a cashier at the Ofallon IL Menards that my rebate would be a "check" mailed to me after I mailed my receipts to proper location. Took over 2 months to receive the rebate and in fact it was only an "in store rebate". I spent money on a stamp, envelope, and gas to mail my receipt for my rebate only to get an in store rebate. I feel that it was very misleading. Poor execution on their end. And I spent a large amount of money in the store to be mislead! Plus I bought carpet from them only to unroll it to find a large bald spot in the carpet. I will redeem my rebate but will not go back after that.

I used to shop at the East Side Madison store. I ordered 6 foot boards from the desk... go back in the yard... there are no 6 foot boards. The yard is empty of employees. I had to drive around... go back in the store to get someone to come out and help me. Then I had to help the guy pull out 12 foot boards, carry them to the saw, then help him cut them and load them in my car. After an hour, I was able to leave and no employee discount. I kept going in practically every night to get more boards (I was building a fence). They were constantly out of items, I could never find anyone to help me. When I did... they were like "Give me a moment and I will be there." I finally blew up at a fork lift driver where he drove away saying "I don't have to put up with you."

So I started to shop at the Monona store. The first night back in the yard 8 pm... no lights on. I cannot see any of the signs. I drive around trying to find help but there is nobody around. I had to go back into the store to finally get help. They turned the lights on but they were HPS so they took 10 minutes to brighten. I came back practically every night (building a patio). I would pay, go back in the yard... they would be out of the product so I would again drive around trying to find someone to get another pallet down. Then I had been getting separate yard forms for every load I could fit in my car. The guy convinced me to put it all on one form and the security guy in the yard can keep track of what I had picked up. I decided to try it so I would not have to go into the store when I am dirty from working (I am a girl by the way).

I got a big order (biggest pavers 72 lbs.). Tons of male workers back there pretending not to see a girl lifting 72 lb blocks. Fine. I don't need their help. After two trips I go for a third and the security guy is like "I can't give those to you. You have already picked them all up!" I looked at my form (I had been keeping track of what I had picked up) and what they had in their computer was totally wrong. Then he said I had to back up... I could NOT leave the yard and I had to go in and talk to customer service. I go inside and there is a huge line. I ask some kid if he can call for more help. He said no. He did not have the authority and walked away. What?!? I get to the front of the line and the woman has no idea what to do. So she calls another woman. That woman says I need to go back to the department so we walk all the way back to the special order desk.

That guy could not help us. She could not access what she needed on that computer. So now she walks me back to the front. By now I am HOT! I am ashamed to say I was swearing and bitching. We get to a manager and he stands there staring at the paper. I'm like "can we do something to get me out of here?" I tell him the story again and he stands there staring at the paper. So I start yelling. He has the AUDACITY to say I needed to stop abusing him or he was going to kick me out of the store and not let me have anything I bought. I stopped yelling and he continued to "man" lecture me about how he didn't need to take my abuse and I needed to behave and whatever. I stood quiet wondering. So you as a grown man being paid to be a manager in a store says you are being abused for being yelled at but making a customer this upset in your store is not considered abuse?

Anyway... long story short... they make it impossible to complain. You need to print off a form and mail it. Um... who prints stuff? Who mails stuff? The only reason they do that is because if they actually dealt with customer complaints they would need to hire all of Texas to take care of the call center! Pray Lowe's is coming soon!!! I wish I didn't even need to give them one star!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

I am a wheelchair bound amputee. During the fall of 2016 I was in the 7701 Nicollet Ave, Richfield , MN 55423. They have flat belt escalators at that store. There are no signs posted that people in wheelchairs can not use their escalators. Some of the items I wanted to purchase was on the 2nd floor of Menards. Therefore, I used the up escalator to get my needed items from the 2nd floor. After retrieving my needed items from the 2nd floor, I used the down escalator. When I was almost to the bottom of the escalator, a store employee forcefully grabbed my shopping cart, which caused me to almost fall out of my wheelchair and also caused me to slam my body into the side rail. I yelled at the employee with the verbiage "What the hell are you doing! What is your problem!?"

The store employee yelled back at me telling me that handicapped people in wheelchairs are not allowed to use Menards escalators. In fact that is what their store elevators are for. I debated with him on that subject. I explained to him that Menards can not legally prevent me nor other handicapped people from using the escalators. I demanded his name and title. He gave me a fictitious name and title. I know that because once I received a reply from the A.D.A in Washington Dc, the person was unidentifiable according to Menards. That means no such employee existed at that store as the one I filed the complaint against according to Menards anyways. I did describe the man though to the A.D.A. Since that time, I have been in the store and yet to see the same employee. Maybe he was fired, maybe not.

Now that leads me to my next issue which is linked to my first issue. I was at the same Menards about 2 weeks ago. I rolled up to the customer service desk. Sat in my wheelchair while management along with 2 other store employees looked at me and ignored me. I waited there for about 10 minutes. No help. I rolled over to the returns desk and asked the store employee at the desk for the store manager. A couple minutes later, a manager came to my location. I explained my situation to him, being ignored by store employees. I left my name and number with him. A couple days later he left me a voicemail. I called him back.

A female employee answered and after I explained what happened to her, she became hostile about it. She started complaining to me about how one of the times I was in the store, she became offended that when she tried to help me by getting stuff off the shelves for me, without my consent, that she became offended that I refused her help. I told her both my arms work. When someone, without my consent starts trying to put stuff in my basket that offends me and I have the right to refuse their help.

Now the other day I was in the Menards. I was finished checking out. I was off to the side, out of the way, putting the item I bought into my wheelchair bag. One of the employees that ignored me from the previous time came up to me and asked if I needed help. I only had one container of spackle that I bought. I am a grown man with working arms and a bag that I put items in all the time. So rather than becoming upset, I ignored her. Then she said she could get my basket for me. I ignored her. I have been shopping at that store for over a year now. I have yet to see any employee offer to put customer items in their purses or vehicles or bags for the non-handicapped people without the people asking for help with such a task. I have yet to see any employee try to get a basket from a non-handicapped person.

My thoughts are: They target harassing handicapped people. They know I lodged complaints against them with the A.D.A. They are trying to get revenge on me for my complaints. What else could it be? I am minding my own business. They have seen me for over a year shopping at their store, seeing I am a fully capable person. Therefore, why in the world would they try to "help me?" If a store instills such "help" criteria in their employees, then why is it I am being the only one getting their "help?"

Worst search engine. Try to find anything on Menards site is a waste of time. A simple search for a copper 3" pipe gets you everything with the name pipe or copper BUT a 3" copper pipe. Several other searches get the same results. Not worth your time to look.

I purchased a Safety Siren 3 radon gas detector from them. I plugged it in and checked it an hour later and showed no reading. I checked the instruction manual and it said it takes two days for a reading. But it says that it updates every hour?? Mmm. They also recommend that you have it re-evaluated every other year for a cost. They negate to tell you that on their website. And for best accuracy you need to have it calibrated every year for 75.00 plus shipping. They also do not tell you that on their website. I contacted Menards within 11 hours of receiving the detector that I was returning it. Since I purchased it online, they require a 25% restocking fee. You have got to be kidding me!! I called the Warren store and they disconnected me. I am not a very happy camper with Menards. If they treat customers like this I will never purchase from them again!! Either in store or online. They need to be brought up on gouging charges. (If there was such a thing.)

Made a large purchase from Menards. I actually had to drive from NC to Ohio to do so. Now I'm back in NC as would be expected... and my Menards rebate is literally worthless. You are unable to use it for an online purchase. Even if it was usable online this is only retailer I've encountered that throws on a nearly 10% "processing fee" then has the gall to tell you it is for your "convenience."

I bought 28 12' cedar boards from Menards store at Evendale, OH and paid $28 cutting fee (Home Depot and Lowe's charge no cutting fee for customers) to ask them to cut each board into two pieces (9' and 3'). After made a big effort loading these pieces onto my small car (some long pieces have to stick out my car window) and carefully drove home, I found that they cut each board into wrong two pieces (9'3'' and 2'9"). I drove back to the store and ask them to correct the mistake. The store manager refuse to replace the wrong pieces from my home and ask me to bring the pieces back to store.

Why I should go through the effort again to load the pieces onto my small car and drive back to store, then load the correct pieces onto my small car and drive back home again. The store should take the responsibility for the mistake and not punish customer. I had a very bad feeling and experience with this Menards store. I will not shop at Menards again and will not recommend others to shop there too.

There is NO WAY to speak to a human to track a package. My package supposedly delivered 2 weeks ago. There's no phone number to get support in any way. Basically, Menards just stole $30.00 from my bank account. I'm not going to go broke over $30 but it's the principle; I paid for product that they "supposedly" shipped and delivered. Do they have online or phone customer service support? NO! I called the 1-800 under Google and it's to a credit card company. Then dialed another number where a human answers. I've called twice now a woman answers and puts me into someone's voicemail - she never calls back. There's another option where you can leave a message... they don't call back either. This is a nightmare. I recommend that you NEVER EVER make an online purchase with this horrendous company.

Terrible company and terrible customer service! I hate I had to give them even one star. I used one of their advertised floor installers to install $1,600 worth of carpeting that I purchased at Menards. Their carpet installer stole my shop vac and weed whacker on the last day of the job. Of course I wasn't sure he did it until I went to our local court website, looked the carpet installer up, and discovered he had a rap sheet a mile long to include petty theft from Menards!! Carpet thief is currently doing six months in jail for his other crimes to include robbing another person by stealing her snow plow out of her garage and being pulled over with drugs. Yes, this is who Menards allows to use in their stores!

Not only did he rob me, but it took him six days to install carpet in a basement, he was coming over two to three hours late each time and staying until almost midnight on several occasions. The whole experience was a nightmare. Since this carpet installer demanded $200 when he began the job I was basically stuck with him and the nightmare of his unprofessionalism. Oh and did I mention that turns out he is a heroin addict?

Menards took no responsibility, treated me like crap, and I was hung up on by Corporate when I contacted them about this. You would think a store that size and with all their profits would of at least offered me a discount on the items their carpet thief stole, but instead I was treated like the bad guy. I was told that I should have done my research on the carpet installer before using him. Well... Shouldn't they have done some research themselves? That they would allow someone who is a criminal to come to their store, post flyers, and go to their customers' homes to rob them is unbelievable. I sued them in small claims court but lost because their thug attorney lied and presented pictures of a supposed set up where they have warning signs along with their advertised installers. His picture included seven installers flyers and the warning sign. That is not what I saw. I only had three installers to choose from.

It's amazing how you can go to court and get away with this **. When I contacted Lowe's about this and the poor treatment I received, it was Lowe's who actually apologized for what I went through and said things would have been much different if this had happened at their store. Menards never took responsibility, no apologies, and don't even try contacting corporate. They will hang up on you like the cowards they are. Disgraceful company who does not care at all about their customers. I am happy to say that they will never get my business again and many people I have talked to will never go to their store again either.

Consumers have to do all the legwork in order to use Menards rebates, and Menards loses nothing. Consumer has to supply envelope, stamp, and gas to mail rebate, then the wait game of 4 to 6 weeks to get rebate in the mail. That has to be used in Menards. Move in 20th century, so rebates can be entered from home computer. Other stores are using this method.

Went to store today to use a $3.82 rebate, system not working in store. So could not redeem my rebate. They were happy to take more money, but I still will spend more time and gas to redeem at another time. They give Instant rebates when they have 15% off bag sale, but it is on me to get a 11% rebate. There needs to be a plan "B" for consumers, when their systems do not work. Simple math still works? There is no effort to satisfy consumers, so we can have a good experience shopping in Menards. They need an updated system.

Menard's advertised steel patio chairs for.01 online and I ordered 8. Got my confirmation and my card was charged. Almost immediately the item was changed to $358. Now they aren't honoring their advertised price and their ridiculous response via email was this: "This email is in reference to your recent order placed for a patio chair on Menards.com. This item was a figment of the computer's imagination. We are diligently looking the cause of this temporary and isolated technical error. In the meantime of that, your order is being promptly cancelled and refunded in full."

I found the manager at Moline IL store extremely unhelpful with that I don't care attitude because he knew I would have a very hard time getting in connection with anyone superior to him at this Menards store. I've never been so mistreated and disrespected from a worker. Much less acting manager... he clearly felt he is untouchable... and frankly didn't care about my inconvenience and the fact I was saying I'm about to return this over $500 door. He said he didn't care.

Bought a 26 by 40 garage package November 11th 16. Over the next two weeks to three weeks everything was delivered except for my garage door, the drip edge, and the facia. Went to Menards. They told me all three of my checks bounced therefore I can't get nothing. All monies from check and debit are taken out of my account the next day. Now I already have the garage package. I'm just missing those three things. They told me that was too bad that I had to deal with it. I told them I only wrote one check. The rest was paid on debit. I showed them the receipt and they told me it was fake. I also brought a printout from my bank. They told me that was all so fake. They want the original canceled check but they said that's probably faked also. My bank is sending me my canceled check. I'm currently waiting for it. In the meantime I had to purchase $500 in tarps to cover garage so the wood wouldn't rot or warp.

The rebate program requires my time to fill out a coupon, mail it back to the company and then get a store credit. I guess they think my time is free or that most people will forget to do the coupon within 2 weeks so it expires. I shop elsewhere whenever I can. My time would be better serve if they just discounted the items at the register and actually save me time and money. I think this system needs to be discarded for a customer friendly experience.

Menards in Long Grove Double Charging 4 X in 1 month. I do not think this is a coincidence when it happened to me 4 times in 1 month. Look close at your receipts. I took a picture of the screen the 4th time because it was deliberate. While I am busy putting my items on the belt, they are scanning an item 2 times. Scammers. This is intentional. Anybody else notice? They were very fast at refunding my money and they acted like they were caught.

My sister returned an item for her husband & even with receipt had to accept store credit since she only had her bank card and not his for the same account. She couldn't find anything to buy. I had several items and so purchased her credit from her. I purchased way more than the credit I had. Later that day I had to return one of the larger ticket items and they insisted on giving me back the credit because "that is the way our registers work". As far as I am concerned, this is holding my money hostage and at the very least stealing on their part. I am left with a store credit when I have nothing to purchase. Even after my return, I spent way more than the store credit they made me take back. They are forcing me to use it twice with it being their gain. I should have returned everything, got my credit back and the amount charged to my credit card, and then repurchased the items I purchased in the first place (with exception of return).

This is deliberate on their part and forces you to forfeit your money or buy something you don't want. Either way, they win. Their customer service was beyond rude with the shift manager telling me they didn't have enough help (20 minutes wait in return line and I was 2nd in a line of 12) because "not enough people were buying" and "more people were returning items than purchasing them". Huh? I was also told by the associate processing my purchase my voice was "too loud" and "why didn't I treat people like I wanted to be treated". My husband about came unglued when the shift manager said something to the effect of "Hey Lady, that's the way it is", shrugged her shoulders and left. Meanwhile no problem with the guy ahead of me without a receipt returning filthy plumbing parts without a receipt.

First time I have left a store in tears because I supposedly responded "inappropriately" to their belittling comments and dismissive attitude. I just ended up wanting some good to come of the situation so donated the credit to the Salvation Army. I will never go to any Menards again. I should never have had to use my store credit twice. How they get away with it is beyond me.

I purchased several hundred dollars of ceramic tiles from Menards and all the underlayment, grout, mud, nails,etc. Ceramic flooring cracked and grout popped out of cracks. Menards refuses to do anything about this and floor needs replaced. I spent a week doing this floor not to mention all the hauling of heavy boxes of tiles from store to home & all the work it is going to take to tear this all out and replace it. Floor looks like complete junk and it's not even a year old. Fence panels also I paid thousands of dollars for, plus concrete, screws, stain, etc.

Panels are cheaply made and crack. They used small nails that pop out making panels fall off. I spent an hour hand staining each panel by hand, and weeks upon weeks installing this fence and it looks like complete junk. I do not know where Menards gets their products but do not buy them as they are complete junk. I have wrote Better Business many times about these issues and Menards refuses to do anything about either one. I do have receipts, photos and witnesses.

11/26/16 went to Menards in Bridgeview, IL to purchase an LG Refrigerator. Delivery was set up for next day Saturday. When the delivery guys came they automatically came in with a measuring tape to measure. They realize the refrigerator will not fit through the door without removing the panel door jam. They wanted me to remove the doors from the refrigerator. They also wanted to leave the refrigerator in my living room. And then I can remove the doors and push it to the kitchen myself. After I did not agree to that my husband went ahead and took the Molding threshold down. At this point the delivery guys had left the house. I called the store back and asked if they would return and delivered since now we have the space for the fridge to come through the doorway. I was told the drivers had left the area and will not be coming back.

The next day I went to get my refund and I was told by Brittany the store manager that I would not be receiving my delivery charges back since they did come back and try to bring the refrigerator in. That was not the case. They did not come back. They wanted me to remove the doors. They were very very rude and lied about returning back. I was charged $49 for delivery when the item never left the truck. Never have I ever order anything without the driver of the delivery accommodating to make the item fit. Normally they would remove the legs take the doors off themselves whatever it takes to get the item to fit. This was a big inconvenience to me and I had to go the same day to purchase a refrigerator from Best Buy who offered to remove doors remove door hinges from the doorway whatever it takes to get the refrigerator in my home. I would never ever shop again at Menards.

#1 home store in my book. I have shopped at several Menards stores (IA, MI, WI, & MO). They all have great customer service. They are a DIY store. You need a door installed call a contractor. Menards can get you the door at a great price. I read several negative comments on this site and I can find flaws with all their complaints. The stores are filled with helpful knowledgeable people.

I had two skids 100 40lb bags of wood pellets delivered to my residence and the delivery driver failed to place the two skids of pellets per my wishes. When I placed the order at the customer service counter the individual inputting my order did not listen to where the placement was to be. I was specific as to where I wanted the pellets delivered. The order was written up and I was asked to sign the document which I did. And as with most people you just sign your name with the understanding that your delivery will be placed where you want it to be placed and fail to read the agreement.

It all started with the initial order at the service counter, read and fully understand what you are signing for and especially read it very carefully. After several calls to the delivery driver's supervisor and no solution to this I was put in contact with the GM of the store. The GM was not willing to make the problem go away and only referred to the delivery contract and would not budge to ensure I as a customer was satisfied. WHAT ever happened to customer service? When I have to PAY to have materials delivered I would hope the delivery driver would be courteous enough and not in a hurry to place the items per the customer's desires. When I asked the driver to place the skids he repeatedly refused. Yes, it was a cold blustery day in Ohio, however, that should not have been a concern.

There was another individual with the driver that stood by the truck and smoked and the GM was not even aware there was a second individual supposed to be in the truck. It would probably have helped to solve my problem if the GM and the driver hadn't been such close friends either as the GM informed me. I WILL NOT SHOP AT MENARDS AGAIN. I WILL TELL ALL THAT I CAN ABOUT THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS NOT PROVIDED BY MENARDS. I have spent many thousands of dollars at this store in Tipp City, Ohio and WILL not give them any more of my hard earned dollars. It makes me wonder if all of Menards GM's are like this??? When a GM gets mad at a customer (as this one did me) and would rather cover his buddies behind than ensure the customer is satisfied it is definitely time to start shopping at another store.

I was never keen on all of Menards rebates and how they worked where they provided you only an "in-store credit card" either. One of the first things that pissed me off about Menards is that they DO NOT provide a discount to military individuals with me being a retired United States Air Force member and Vietnam era veteran. I spoke with a GM about not having a discount for military several years ago and was informed that Menards' prices were discounted enough and they could not provide a discount. So, after all is said and done you can be ensured I will tell everyone I can about this experience and how the GM at the Tipp City, Ohio store is more concerned about his "buddies" than the customer and I really do believe that he DOES NOT believe in customer service.

One star is far too good of a review for this company, if I could give a negative rating I would. I purchased a GE washing machine from my local store as well as the extended five year warranty plan. After two years my washer quit working and after contacting the company to schedule a repair I was told they would not be able to service my machine for three weeks. I don't consider that an appropriate wait time and after stating as much was told that my other option was to go through a local repairman and be reimbursed for my payment for his services. I was assured I would be reimbursed NO MATTER WHAT, so I proceeded. The washer was deemed to not be fixable by the warranty company and I was told I'd be paid cash out for the price of the washer. I followed all necessary protocol to receive my cash out and reimbursement check.

After three weeks went by I called to check on the status of my claim and was told it would take thirty days to process. I waited another month before I called back and after much runaround it was concluded the price of the washer would be sent to me but they still had another three days before they were required to process the reimbursement. All said and done I called the company several times and was always given an excuse as to why I hadn't received my reimbursement. I called again today - 3 MONTHS LATER!! I talked to one guy that had no clue and instantly transferred me.

The second guy was the rudest "customer service" rep I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. He repeatedly interrupted me, told me I should never have paid the repairman (I didn't know they worked pro-bono!) and therefore would not be reimbursed. Every time I asked him to let me explain what had taken place so far he said, "Oh if there is going to be a story I'm all ears!" I asked to speak to his supervisor (he huffed and puffed) and eventually I told him we clearly could not communicate about this to which he agreed and transferred me. The third guy that I talked to today was actually helpful and hopefully I will be receiving a check in the mail - though VERY DELINQUENTLY.

I made one more phone call to this company today. I called to complain about the rude customer service and was told they were sorry on his behalf. A written apology would seem to be in order. The corporate office would do well to spend some time and money to train their employees to be useful and courteous. This company does a poor job of customer service and standing behind their promises. And after reading the other reviews, I can't help but wonder if this company even cares about their consumer satisfaction! Whatever happened to integrity in business? RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I've spend nearly $40K over the past 8 years at Menards doing remodeling work around my parents home. I personally have had nothing but positive experiences with my local Menards. I am a true do-it-yourselfer, however. All of these big box stores have their pros and cons, but if I'm going to use one of them outside of my local lumberyard, I try to shop Menards because they still try to offer a good amount of American-made products. Having personally worked for Home Depot at one of their flagship stores in Atlanta, I can tell you much of what they sell is coming from China.

I ordered a vanity. It took a week to get and when I drove back to the store and I asked receiving to open the box it was damaged. Sure enough the vanity was busted up, and the receiving clerk ask me if I still wanted it. I replied "Are you kidding", so they reordered it again for me. My other concern is I drove thirty miles to pick it up and now have to drive another thirty miles to hopefully pick it up again. This is not fair to the consumer. Not offer a reduction in price or at least offer to have delivered for free. I'M also a senior citizen.

On 11/2/16 I made a purchase and paid by check. Went to return one of the products. They told me no refund until my check clears. Few days later bank told me the store received their money. 11/9/16 The girl at the return desk told me she couldn't give me cash back even though they received their money. Had to wait a few more days. Called the manager. She told me I have to wait longer because weekends don't count and election day is a holiday so no money back until 11/17/16. All this for $21.00. I only have 30 days until no cash back just store credit. I don't want store credit. Their store was open so why is election day a holiday. Even credit unions were open. I will never shop there again. You can't get a straight truth the first time around. OTHER hardware stores have better return policies. TREATING customers bad will come back to haunt them. Customers have the buying power.

Lifetime coleman sump pump - The pump has a lifetime warranty. Menards will not honor. I'm done shopping at retards. I hope you can afford to lose the thousands of dollars you won't be getting from me. I'm a Lowe's customer now. I should throw that pump through their front window.

All I can say is I am so glad that I live in an area that has many other options besides Menards. June 2016 I purchased an MTD Weed Eater from Menards. The weed eater had a design flaw with the head where the string comes out. There was not a cover to that portion of the shaft so when you cut longer weeds they would wind around the shaft and stop the head, you would then spend 10 minutes cleaning it so it would work again. I used the weed eater for a total of 15 minutes and then put it back in the box to take it back.

When I took it back the desk lady said they could not take it because it had gas in it and that I would have to take it to a service center, wherever that is. I tried to explain to the lady that it had a design flaw not a mechanical flaw and she did not care. I asked to speak with a manager and when he came to talk to me he was very angry like I interrupted his day. As I was trying to explain the situation he continued interrupting me telling me that I have to take it to a service center. After about the 5th interruption I stopped him and asked why he was being so rude and so mad. After about 2 more minutes of arguing with him I simply said I will not shop at their store again, so a $100 weed eater cost them a family of customers. If they sell gas operated products they should have an employee that can diagnose problems so the burden is not put onto the customer to run it to another store.

I was bargain hunting in the early morning. I heard they had stuff on sale like detergent, the Doritos chips, etc. I seen a young lady and asked her if she could help me out. She was very rude.

Menards Company Profile