3.8/5 (518 ratings)

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: May 16, 2022

I received poor customer service while I was in the Bradley Illinois store. I asked the general manager to come speak to me about a product I wanted to purchase and he refused to come look at the display item that was damaged. I called the corporate office and they were no help at all they were rude and incompetent of doing their job too.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Menards.com has given me the worse online shopping experience I have ever had. I ordered $2500.00 worth of items from them 36 days ago and never received the items. It is impossible to reach a person at Menards.com and actually talk to them. Customer service is awful. When I filed for a refund, I only got a partial refund and cannot get a hold of anyone to look into this. I spent hours on the phone with the shipper and vendor and this should have all been taken care of by Menards.com. Worse company ever to order from, Beware and do your homework. There ratings are 1 out of 5 stars. Wish I would have looked into this before ordering.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Ordered parts for deck and they charged me for packaging and they also charged me for stocking fees when I returned some parts I didn't need. So they won't give you a full refund. A very bad way to get people to buy in your store.

Original review: March 20, 2022

Bought $4,000+ of kitchen cabinets & a granite countertop. Delivery was a fiasco - way outside the promised timeframe, and at the last minute I’m told they can’t carry in the countertop for liability reasons (I’d paid an extra delivery charge for that very service). After wrestling the countertop off its pallet the delivery guy offers to return the pallet to Menard’s & gives me a receipt for me to collect the $20 deposit. First wall cabinet comes with a broken foot.

The 2nd disintegrated coming out of its carton: they dry-fit the thing without gluing it. Oh, and when I tried to redeem the pallet receipt the “service” gal treats me like a criminal like I’m trying to scam twenty bucks off John Menard… and although I followed the procedure I was told, she goes on to scold me to “show proof” next time. Bottomline: poor quality and none of the various departments are on the same page.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I bought a Powermate wood chipper from Menards that I used 2 Days last fall. Just recently pulled it out to chip up some limbs and something broke internally. Took it back, they will not exchange it!! They won’t stand behind their products.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I've had issues with Menards 3 out of the 4 times I've shopped there. First time ever shopping with the company, I ordered a MasterCraft exterior door online through Menards. I received the door and had it installed. My boyfriend and I went on a weekend float trip which it had stormed one night. When we came home the next day, my brand new floors were soaked with water that had came through the window on the door. The process to replace the door alone was annoying and difficult. They only sent a window replacement and didn't cover charges for installation, the water damage, and flooring that had to be replaced. When the replacement was received, it had different sealing material and was still very poorly manufactured. Since this was already a frustrating process, I had the installer seal around the window himself.

The second time shopping at Menards I purchased a glass globe light fixture, which had to be returned because the barcode removed the frost. For the door and another trip I had made to Menards, I sent in rebate forms and receipts. I followed directions and sent in what I was given for the rebates. I was never reached out to by the company and so when I followed up I was informed that I didn't have the proper paperwork. Seeing that this has been months ago, the email was automatically deleted and there's no way to retrieve the rebate receipts again. Therefore, I am not getting any money back like they so loudly advertise for this company.

I've had others tell me the rebate process is complicated. I see this as a way for the company to avoid giving customers the money back that they owe them. I've sent off for Lowe's rebates multiple times and had no issues, the process was so easy, and I actually got my money! I have filed a complaint directly to Menards. We'll see what comes of that. I am making my frustrations known here and will be reviewing the company elsewhere. I will not be shopping there anymore unless this is made right. Seeing how everything else has went with them, I don't see them doing much, if anything. I do not recommend shopping with this company to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We called and were told stove was there. Said would set aside with name on it. Drove hour and 45 minutes 1 way. Stove was not there and could not ship another that would be discounted to another store closer to us. This isn't the 1st time a Menards had messed up our orders. I'm sure that other stores would have tried to make it right.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Purchased a brand new front door for $3500. It delivered to our home and our installer installed it. 2 issues: a noticeable round indentation on door when sunlight hits it and trim around one of the satellite windows does not fit but bulges out. Unacceptable. Menards will not cover costs to fix our issue. We can get a new door or the parts to fix but who is paying for the labor??? We have already paid for 1 install. This issue started with a defective product. MENARDS needs to step up and fix the issue by covering the few hundred dollars it will take to make it right.

Menards had a customer service guy named Ray from corporate office that responded to one of our communications. The only way Menards deals with its valued customers is by email only - so ridiculous!!!! Ray is sassy, unprofessional and not a good representative of Menards! They should be ashamed to have Ray working there!!! Menards will be losing our business and so much more over a few hundred dollars, the amount on labor to fix our door issue. They are not a good company and no one should have to deal with a corporate company's lack of professionalism. Unbelievable!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

My 80 year old mother purchased a refrigerator from this company and when she turned it on it did not work!! I called the store and they were rude, disrespectful and nasty. They told me she would have to return and they could replace it 10 days later!!! Did I mention she is 80 years old.. We return it on our own and went to Lowe’s!! Don’t waste your money at this low budget store.. Clearly there is still a problem getting good people to work because this company will hire any idiot to fill the spot!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

If I could give this store negative stars I would. I designed a bathroom around what this store had to offer. I ordered a specialty counter top for my vanity and it took longer for it to arrive than the other pieces. I asked for the store to hold my order until it was all together to deliver. They have made 2 separate deliveries and now are holding my counter top unless I pick it up or pay yet another delivery fee. Meanwhile before this even happened I was told that I hadn't ordered it and was called several times while at work out of town with their sales people trying to bully me into buying another one over the phone, after they had my money for the first. Do yourself a favor and just go to Lowe's.

Menards Company Information