2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.3/5 (304 ratings)

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

So store did not have fans needed. Sales said use online ordering. Found four hunter fans ordered. Received them but not the same as pictured. Called hunter they could not help but rep said you could order direct. Took fans back to Menards since they screwed up the order. Got nailed with a restocking fee for so called special order fans. Guess you have to dig through specifications to see if they are not normal stock. So instead of seating special order customer has to go digging and finding that term. So in retrospect if you need hunter fans just order directly from them. They even gave discounts. Menards honestly should be embarrassed with their website. Will never use them for anything.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I ordered (3) Hunter ceiling fans online on 08/21/2021. I received the fans 10/15/2021 after I had ordered them elsewhere for a 20% less cost and delivered before Menards could get them to me. I returned the fans to Menards the same day I got them and they had an extreme difficulty finding them on the return slip. Then, they claimed this was a "special" order? and said there was a 25% restocking fee! What? These are Hunter fans, sold in the store, but they were out of them! Ordering them online becomes a special order, un-be-knowing to the person ordering them, and what a surprise when you try to return them. Cripes, what a beating! I'm certainly not ordering "ANYTHING" from Menards online again...Real disgusted with this.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

The store has amg that lie through their nose. Bought a washer/dryer combo. It does not work properly and is also too small. I told them this right after it was delivered. They sent me from one person to another to get this returned until the time limit was up. Mike the amg called me a liar on a recorded line. I spent 30+ k with them this year but they are not getting one more business transaction from me. Their rebate system is a scam as we’ll never received my full 11% back but what do you expect from a company whose owner is backer of Trump two criminals.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

It matters not what item I search Menards online to purchase. If the Menards website says there are 14 of whatever in stock at your preferred Menards store, when you get there you can count on there being NONE in stock! This happens every single time I use Menards website! EVERY SINGLE TIME! I'm so done with Menards! Home Depot and Lowe's both have the common sense to state the aisle and bin number where you can find the item. Menards chooses instead to rearrange their entire store every few years in order to confuse and stymie every attempt to find not only the item you're looking for, but the very department itself! From now on, I'll drive the extra 3 miles to Home Depot or I'll drive the extra 13 miles to Lowe's. Buh bye, Menards... rest in peace.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

When I go to Menards I expect to find lumber that may not be top of the line, but it will be adequate for my project. And I do find what I need -95% of the time. What I could use is help! All workers seem to disappear.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The last four deliveries from Menards have been absolutely terrible. The last guy asked if he could leave the new refrigerator outside until the next day because he had to pick up his kid from daycare.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

BEFORE YOU DO BUSINESS WITH MENARDS, check their BBB rating!!! It is an "F". They do not attempt to resolve any problems and do not comply with FTC rules regarding change of shipping. I cancelled an order because the ship date was pushed back over 2 weeks. They issued a refund minus the rebate amount. The rebate has not been issued and clearly states that it will be reduced by the amount of any returns. They cheated me out of $106.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I wish there is a zero star for this rating. Very bad service. People in the store bring you incorrect items, which you get stuck with. I bought a bathtub and wall set the other day. The employee brought me the wrong items and wrong size, different from the displayed ones I asked for. This cost me a lot renting a truck to return the bulky wall set to the store.

Further, we noticed that the bathtub is not the right model I chose after it has been installed. You typically don't expect that the employee is careless that he brings you a different item. When I contacted customer service complaining about this poor service, they told me it's my responsibility to check the items at the store and make sure they are the correct ones you asked for. Instead of taking the responsibility, they asked me next time to stand in the middle of the store opening the huge bathtub and wall set boxes and getting items out of the boxes piece by piece to make sure that the careless employee got me the right stuff I asked for. That is it. NO MORE MENARDS. Competitive stores have much better customer service from my previous experience and BTW they also give you 11% rebate if you ask for it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The 11% rebate is a scam for Menard. If you will send your rebate form in international rebate, you will not receive your rebate check. When you check your rebate it says they mail already with numbers. Since I was buying in Menard and fill-up the form and mail to them, I have not received any rebate check. I will give a minus 0 star!

Original review: July 17, 2021

I've sent in a total of 5 separate rebates and 3 of them have been over 3 months ago. I've received 1 back, kind of feel cheated. Lowe's and Home Depot will get the rest of my business from now on. I am in the middle of a big remodeling so too bad Menards on future business from me.

Menards Company Information