2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: July 18, 2020

This store has a complete selection of things needed for every job. Customer service is the best hands down. The best part is if you lose your receipt you can put your card in and print a new one. This is so convenient that it’s the first on my list.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Relatively new to our area, this place is amazing. Great deals, selection and rebates! Excellent source for hard-to-find woods, like maple & ash. If they were closer, we wouldn't shop anywhere else! Their tool and paint areas are especially noteworthy. They are also requiring masks, which I believe to be appropriate (other home improvement stores do not).

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I shop frequently at Menards because they often have sale items I want in addition to rebates on certain items as well as your overall purchase. They also carry grocery items that I cannot find anywhere else. When doing repairs and simple home fixes I don’t hesitate to shop Menards. If I have a question about an item or what I should use someone is there with knowledge.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Online ORDER never received, no response. Although Menards states it shipped the tracking information given to me by the company states the post office never received. NO PHONE NUMBER. Repeated emails no response.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Menards shipped these Christmas decoration pieces with no outside packaging to protect the manufactures display box and they looked like they were pulled from a trash bin. Ordered two Christmas village decoration items for Christmas gifts for a relative that collects them. They are not cheap and as stated the relative collects them so they put them back into the boxes after displaying them.

Both items were shipped only in the thin manufactures packaging they use to display them on the shelf in stores. Both display packages were beaten up badly and the shipping labels and tracking stickers were stuck to the packaging. These were ordered at the holidays as gifts but no way I can wrap them and give them now. Menards' customer service only asked if the items inside the packaging was damaged. I told them I did not know because they were gifts so I had not taken the items out because it’s sometimes very hard for me to get them back into the styrofoam. With that they told me they would not do anything.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

We were told by Menards and sales lady that they would deliver the freezer we purchased, put it in our house and remove old freezer to the garage. They put new freezer in garage. Refused to come in house. My husband had a heart condition and cannot lift. We would have never bought it and they will not let us return it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Total incompetence. Ordered a vanity and card was charged. Told take 2 weeks. Then 2 days was added. Then a week was added. Then was told that was a tentative date. Was lied to just to make a sale then was told I could get it sooner if I'd pay 100$ and have it shipped from another store. Was going buy a showerhead for 100$. 89$ with rebate. Went to Home Depot and it was 85 regular price. Don't see how they stay in business the way they treat their customers.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

We recently attempted to purchase a Maytag dishwasher using Menards' online site. We were initially led to believe that the item would be delivered and installed about a month after purchase. While we considered this a long wait, we were willing to do so because we were planning to be gone from the home for a good portion of that time anyway. After returning to the residence and checking in with Menards a month and a half later on the as yet undelivered merchandise, we were told it would be another two months before they could deliver because they were waiting on component parts from China to actually manufacture the dishwasher. We attempted to cancel at that time and have been in limbo ever since awaiting our refund. I would recommend never using Menards online for any purchases, a very low-rent operation.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We ordered a pole barn. The wood in the pallet was to be used for purlins, over half the boards were damaged. I ordered a roll up door to save on head room and 2 months later have still not received the door. They keep moving the ship date back. Had I have known this to begin with I could have had one locally in 3 weeks. Absolutely horrible customer service and I will never use them for anything again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have been shopping at Menards for years for projects I've done around our home and cabin. Often there are rebates on the products purchased. These are usually for small amounts like $20.00 to $40.00. However, I recently made a larger purchase for our cabin and was to get a $246.00 rebate. I have not received this rebate. Now mysteriously they aren't getting back to me. I will never shop at Menards again. Their rebate system is a complete joke. If I could give them no stars I would!

Menards Company Information