Menards

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have yet to receive our counter tops from Menards. These were ordered in May and it is the middle of August and we still do not have a kitchen. I have to call every other day and have them check the status. They do not follow through and check with the vendor without a call. It has been one problem after another. They were off an inch on measurements, they did a customize on the sink (can't do that for an under sink), had a sink in the order that didn't have a template from American Standard, etc. Issue after issue and until you call and ask, it just sits in limbo.

Also, there is no such thing as management to speak with. They just transfer you to the department. I went to the store and speak to a manager (they tried to tell me she wasn't there) and that did nothing. She won't check on my counters and give me updates either. I understand if it was the 1st or 2nd issue, but we are on about the 5th now. I am sure Mr. Menard would not put up with no kitchen. We have a table in the back bedroom with a coffee pot and NuWave, our old frig is in the living room (while the new one is outside in the garage in the heat) and we are using a sink in our basement laundry room for dishes.

We don't feel this is the customer service us or anyone else should be receiving. I could go on, but what good would it do. We have paid, yet they say if we cancel there is a restocking fee. Isn't that stealing? If someone from Menards want to contact me, please do. I have too many order numbers to list below in the one order number spot. We were doing our whole kitchen with Menards and are out a lot of money for no kitchen. They don't seem to care when you remind them that every change is a change with a contractor.

When going to Menards the rebate system is what brings me to this store, but I will not be using my card there anymore. 6-8 weeks I understand but 4 to 6 months why bother. You try to track or call anyone and no personnel at store can answer any questions for you, and the number to call is the credit card company that deals with your bill only. It's the Biggest racket going on a new way to take your money. I will not recommend, buy, or visit again!!! Thanks for Nothing.

I ordered 2 light bulbs. The shipping and handling added up to the cost of the light bulbs. Then I got a notice from the Post Office to pick up the package because there was postage due!!! I almost fell over. The bulbs were just placed in an envelope. No box and anything to keep them from breaking. What a disgrace! I paid over $5 to have 2 light bulbs shipped and that didn't even cover the postage. How does this place stay in business!!!

Menards 96th street. Indianapolis. When I opened the boxed product, I discovered it was used and did not work. Menards manager agreed it was obviously used (dirty, covered in paint splatters), but would not agree to a refund. After arguing for about 20 minutes I agreed to a replacement which also did not work. I returned the original product within about 45 minutes of purchase. The production date on the product did not match the exterior production date of box. I'm not complaining about the product (it's made in China, you take your chances), but basically being told I'm a trying to rip them off when the manager said "You see how this looks from my point of view". I'm keeping the second up-clarifier even though it doesn't work as a reminder to not waste my time at Menards.

I recently placed a small lumber order on line with Menards for pickup. At the lumber desk I was given directions to where my lumber was stored. When I drove to where my smart side boards was supposed to be stored I couldn't see them. I asked a nearby Menards employee if he could help me find and then cut the 16 ft. boards into 8 foot lengths so that they would fit in my SUV. Jeff stopped what he was doing and said that my car was right in front of the boards and that he would be glad to cut them.

He went right to the wood that I had purchased and pulled the 16 footers out, carried them to the saw, cut the boards in half then loaded them into my car for me. This guy was great, I was really impressed with the size of Menards lumber yard and storage barns, but service that I received from Jeff was even more impressive. I have visited and made purchases from the Wixom Michigan Menards and always found helpful employees throughout the store; at the registers and customer service center. I would highly recommend Menards Wixom for any home improvement project.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

I had an issue with my order that I had delivered and after talking to several people, who all tried to help - from customer service, to contractors desk, to delivery, to cashier, I was directed to Megan at the front of the West Fargo Store. She was amazing! Professional, courteous, understanding and willing to go out of her way to assist me, even though she was busy. It took a bit to get it taken care of but she handled it and even called me personally later that evening when all paperwork was submitted, and computer was updated. After 30 plus years working in a service industry it is so refreshing to be treated as if my problem is more important than anything else. Thank You Megan for your assistance. And thank you to all the Menards employees who also tried to assist me. I will continue to drive past the competition's stores to get to this store just because they treated me so well. Thank you again. Great Job!

On 7/9/2017 purchased item #6736057 Jensen Pulldown Kitchen faucet for $99.0. On 7/16 /2017 Menard offer 11% purchased item #6736057 Jensen Pulldown Kitchen faucet price went up for $114.0. So end up pay more even after rebate. It is scam.

I Purchased a Whirlpool 14CF Top White refrigerator Model WRT104TFDWOO SN VS50744795 from Menards in Rhinelander Wisconsin on July 10, 2015 for a price of $476 plus taxes. I did not purchase an Extended Warranty. The Unit developed a Cabinet Leak on March 10, 2017. The Refrigerator lasted 1.6 Years. A Certified Ref Tech told me it could not be fixed and it was most likely a Manufacturing Defect ($84). Menards wished me well in finding a solution to getting the unit fixed. There are more units like this out there. Beware.

Purchased flooring from West Fargo Menards and some from Moorhead. When we bought it in West Fargo the man from the flooring department told us it was the same as the snap together and told us which padding to buy for the underlayment. The floor has now separated up to 2 inches in some places. When filled out install complaint form, vendor said no underlayment should have been applied so they will not refund us and Menards says too bad basically. They say the vendor is self-explanatory, so for your inconvenience but there is nothing they will do. Don't listen to the workers there I guess as they send you down a path of destruction and won't make it right. There is no number at customer service center in Wisconsin that you can actually talk to. They won't even put a number on the correspondence they send in the mail. They are dedicated to customer service, yeah right!!

Lied that our product was loaded, now refuse to get it to us - I live in Rock Springs, Wyoming. The closest Menards store is in Cheyenne, WY, which is about 260 miles away. My boyfriend and I ordered a three-part order from the Cheyenne store on June 13, 2017, making it very clear at that time that we needed to pick the entire order up at once, since we were literally on the other side of the state and would be driving more than 500 miles to get these supplies. The employees understood and assured us there would be no problem. After we called several times about the status of the order, on June 30 Mason from Menards called both my boyfriend and I and left us messages confirming that our entire order had been personally verified to be in-store, was in the back in one location, and ready to be picked up. We called back and arranged pickup for July 4.

On July 4, my boyfriend got to the Menards Cheyenne location at noon. It took him almost 30 minutes to get an invoice and the receipt from our prepayment 3 weeks earlier - which is when he realized the financing we had asked for had not been applied. He was told to pick up the order in back, and fix the financing afterwards. He was finally given the paperwork and told to drive to the back supply yard. Once there, he spoke to two different employees who could not find our order. It turned out our order was scattered in various locations around the store and yard, unmarked.

Working with an employee named Warren, he was able to find the trusses and get them loaded on our rented trailer by 12:50. It took another half hour to find and load a single, 16’ wooden case he was told contained all the siding and accessories, a crate that we were billed $150 for. He did not finally get the window and door and leave the yard until 1:55pm, 2 hours after he started trying to pick up our order, and almost 90 minutes after starting the loading process.

At that point, he had to return to the front desk to deal with the financing - which the employees admitted was their mistake, they had not done the purchase/charges correctly when we paid by phone when the order was placed. They apologized, and said, “This happens all the time”. It took another 45 minutes for them to completely cancel out and recharge the entire order to make that mistake right. Since the 48 month financing was one of the selling points of using Menards, my boyfriend was very patient and polite while this mistake was fixed.

During the loading process in the yard, my boyfriend stressed repeatedly that he wanted to verify the entire order - including the siding and accessories. He even pointed out the invoice, which asks the customer to verify the order. The siding and accessories came in a ~16’ wooden crate with opaque plastic on top; Warren assured him the order was complete and told him more than once not to open the box because there was no way to reseal it for the 4 hour, 260 mile drive home. My boyfriend asked again before leaving if he should open the crate and check, but was assured again by Warren that all the siding was in the box, absolutely, for sure.

When my boyfriend unloaded and opened the siding crate tonight (June 5), there was no siding - only j-lock and corner pieces. I immediately called the store and spoke to Brett, who told me upfront that he was the only general manager for the Cheyenne store, and the only person who could make any decisions about our order. I explained what had happened, and that we could not afford to make the 520 mile round trip to return for the missing siding. I asked him how we could get the rest of our order to Rock Springs, or what we could do to make the situation right. He told me that they couldn’t even find the siding, and would call me back once he had located our missing product, but that ultimately there was nothing he could do except have the siding ready for pick-up once located.

When he called back after finally locating our siding, I explained that gas for the trip on Tuesday had cost us over $150 round trip, and renting the trailer had cost us an additional $200. I explained that we had given Menards our business because we could just afford to make the trip to pick things up and still save money compared to what we would have spent at Home Depot in Rock Springs. Another trip back was simply way beyond our budget until I went back to work in the fall (I’m a teacher).

Brett admitted repeatedly that he had spoken to Warren, the employee who had been in charge of locating our order and loading it, that Menard’s was 100% at fault, that our siding order boxes had not been stored together nor had they been marked in any way to indicate there were two boxes in the order, that yes, my boyfriend had verified in all ways aside from opening the crate that the order was complete, and that Warren had told Brett tonight that my boyfriend had asked yesterday about opening the crate but had been told not to because it could not be closed up again.

Brett said over and over, “I would be as upset as you are,” “This is completely our fault,” “We messed this up,” “I’m really sorry and will do anything I can do make this right,” but told me that after checking our order, we had not spent enough to be eligible for more than $100 in compensation. I explained that $100 would barely get us to Cheyenne, wouldn’t get us home again, and wouldn’t pay for the trailer. If we had to pay for two trips, we would have spent almost the same amount we could have paid to have the items delivered to Rock Springs, and significantly more than if we had simply given Home Depot our business.

Brett agreed that he shouldn’t ask us to spend so much money and time when it was his store that had majorly messed up, but there was nothing else he could do. He then suggested I was being unreasonable in not gratefully accepting the $100 he offered. I hung up at that point, I was so angry.

I discussed the situation with my boyfriend, and he then called back and asked Brett if Brett could have the order delivered to the Caspar Menards. We will be passing through Caspar on the 18th of July and could rearrange our trip to pick the siding up without going too far out of our way. Brett said no - the siding would have to be returned to the manufacturer, reordered from Caspar, we would lose the 48-month financing because our total would be broken into two orders at that point, and (he was very quick to mention) we were no longer eligible for any type of compensation. He also told us there was absolutely no guarantee of when the siding would arrive in Caspar, and having it there by the 18th was unlikely - but we could gamble if we wanted to.

We then asked if the siding could remain in the Cheyenne store until late September, when I (a teacher) would get my next paycheck and would have some extra money to rent the trailer and make the trip. "No," he said, he cannot store product like that. We have a maximum of 14 days to pick it up, then it will be returned and we will be charged a restocking fee. If we agree to return it now, though, he won’t charge us a restocking fee, but we need to decide right away.

In the end, Brett told each of us in multiple conversations that his store and employees are completely at fault, they “really screwed up,” and he’s incredibly sorry, but there is simply nothing Menards will do for us to make this right. He assured us both, in multiple phone calls, that he is the only person allowed to handle this situation, there is nothing we can do but to return to the store within 14 days to pick up the order, and we are being “unreasonable” to expect anything additional. He even indicated that the $100 is more than anyone else at Menards would do for us, and he’s being generous.

I contacted customer service and received a reply from Ray that said, "I’m very sorry, but we are unable to further discount our already low prices. Thank you for your patience and understanding." They will not call me. When we called back this morning to arrange pick-up of the siding, since my house *has* to have siding, Brett told my boyfriend he is not refunding any of the packaging cost, and he is no longer offering any compensation. He has decided to return the siding and we can "just figure it out."

In the meantime, the siding is $5 less per piece on their website than we paid in store, and shipping (which the store told us was not an option for siding) is $297. That means that we can return the siding (the credit card company is disputing the charges for us) and reorder it with delivery to our house for only $160 more than we originally paid, half of what it would cost us to return and pick it up. I will also be contacting the manufacturer of the siding to let them know of our experience and find out if there is anywhere else it can be purchased.

Bottom line: Menards will go out of their way to steal product by claiming it is loaded when it is not, then refusing to refund the price when they find out you can't return for what was forgotten. Bring tools to check and reclose any type of packaging, triple verify that you actually have you order, plan to spend an entire day trying to purchase from Menards, and DON'T expect any kind of customer service.

I purchased pre-finished hardwood flooring in April that was to have a rebate of $58.82, #177. In June I received a rebate for $30.89. I have contacted Chad at the Independence, MO store twice about this. The first time he got back to me with wrong information. He said he would call back. He has not.

I am very dissatisfied with my experience shopping with your store. I made a pretty substantial purchase ($1,600) on the day prior to one of your 11% rebate sales. I was told that I could come in the following day, during the sale, and pick up a form to receive the 11% rebate, otherwise I would have just waited the day to get the rebate. I stopped in the next day, and I was told the forms were not available yet. Ok, so I left and returned two days later, and the forms still were not available... Now I had made two special trips to your store to specifically pick up this form, and it was not available either time. I stopped in the following week and was informed that the rebate was over and I would not be able to submit the form.

This is extremely annoying to the point I don't want to ever shop at your store again. I made three special trips to the store with no resolve to my problem. I feel like this is nothing more than a scam designed to bilk people out of money under the assumption that you will save money on a sale that apparently there is no form for the submit for the rebate.

I went to the Menards paint department and bought everything I believed I would need to paint my langer living room and hallway. I ran out of a gallon of one paint color. When I went back to Menards for another gallon, they informed me I would have to pay $7 more for that gallon as it no longer came in the color I had bought a week ago. Not a big deal, except the woman in the paint department ran back and gave me semi-gloss instead of the satin gallon I had brought to her.

Once I realized the paint on my walls should have dried and still looked too wet (about 2 hours work later as I was doing touch ups) I exchanged it for satin finish. Except the employees at the store failed to inform me that the Dutch Boy I had bought a week prior, wouldn't be allowed in that color anymore. Not only had I done touch ups to that wall with an employee mistaken gloss of paint, I had to sand it down and prime it. Then, neither did the new Dutch Boy Paint of that color (the platinum plus), have the same exact sheen. This is the fourth time I'm having to paint that wall. When I asked a manager for a corporate number since he wouldn't help me, he even said he couldn't find one. Mostly because this business does not care about customers.

Two weeks ago I purchased vinyl flooring. Found each box to have flaws in material. Too late, it's installed. I was at work. Purchased two box fans. Both warped and make a terrible noise... thus no sleep. Purchased a table and two chairs for a small porch. Both chairs have a metal and plastic mechanism for "locking" purposes. Upon closing the chairs ONCE both plastic pieces broke! Each purchase within two weeks was defective! Maybe a yard sale is the way to go!

We purchased some chairs at the Independence, MO, Menards on 5/29/17. Since they supposedly qualified for a rebate, we located the rebate form as instructed before leaving the store. Unfortunately, we didn't get home with the cash register receipt for the purchase. We were dodging storms that day and assume the receipt blew away as we raced through the rain to the truck. I went back to the store and used their kiosk to print a new copy of the receipt. Great, right? Wrong. The reprint of the receipt states "not valid for rebate submissions". I asked customer service to provide me a copy of my receipt that would be valid for the rebate submission. All the rep would say is, "Sorry, I can't do that." No reason, no explanation, no offer to otherwise assist, nothing. I asked to speak with the store manager, only to be told there was no manager available to speak with me.

So I emailed the Menards online customer service, stating the issue. Again, all I got in response was "sorry, can't do it, contact the rebate center." So I emailed the Rebate Center. Their response? "Contact the store". Really? Do they really call this acceptable customer service? It sounds like a scam to me. Probably the same person responded to both my emails. I guess as long as they can find idiots like me to shop their store at least once, it's enough to keep them in business. So if I accomplish nothing else from this review, it's to convince at least once savvy consumer to NOT SHOP AT MENARDS. Be smarter than I was and look at the store reviews first. With that attitude, Menards doesn't deserve to even be in business. They make Lowe's look like store of the year!!

I like Menards for certain things but the quality of their lumber subpar. I recently ordered Owens Corning Duration shingles when they were on sale at the Marion Ohio store and had a rebate making them cost $6 less per bundle than Lowe's. So I thought I was getting a deal. So yesterday I opened up the pack of shingles and it looks like they had gotten wet and they just looked almost used. They had a grainy yellow dusting on the back side looking suspicious for mold. They had been in my garage since delivery and had not gotten wet since delivery. Last year I got my Duration shingles from Lowe's and they were of excellent quality. When I buy stuff usually at Menards I do not expect high quality but brand name stuff I expect the same quality as anywhere else. Is it possible Menards buys Owens Corning shingle rejects or seconds?

Beware of these thieves. Over Memorial weekend, we purchased a patio set that was on the floor of the Fairfield, Ohio Menards store. We were getting a new concrete patio poured and that would be completed in a week or two. My husband and I, decided that we didn't want to purchase the $2200 set within 48 hours so notified them by phone. A manager told me that would not be a problem, but I would have to wait until Saturday to get a complete refund. Not a problem! However, about 20 minutes later a clerk called me to tell me the patio manager felt that I should be charged a 25% restocking fee as they supposedly had special ordered another set for us two days ago. We are talking about furniture that was in their store, never moved from its original place and now they wanted to hose the consumer because they ordered another one.

They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever heard of, there is none! They want everything in writing, so they do not have to respond to the consumer and can steal your money for whatever lying excuses that justify making a dime from the consumer. NEVER, NEVER SHOP AT MENARDS. They stop at nothing to screw the consumer.

I am a home and business owner. Since 2012 I have probably spent $60,000 of my own money remodeling my current home at Menards. Earlier this year I took back some bathroom/kitchen items that we hadn't used and was given around $800 in-store credit. When I tried to use one of the vouchers I was given an 800 number to call and told that it was out of their hands at the local store in Central Illinois. When I called the number and talked to Ryan in Wisconsin, I was told that unless I could provide receipts and prove which Menards store the items were purchased at, they would not honor the credit. I have called them several times and always get the run-around.

As of now, they still have the merchandise that was returned, and have yet to honor the in-store credit. I have not shopped with them since. They are completely taking advantage of their customers. I will never be able to resolve this issue with them, and they will keep the returned merchandise that I paid my hard earned for, and not honor their in-store credit. I guess it's a good thing we have a Lowe's store close to us. We will have all of our personal and business needs met by Lowe's from here on. It's a shame they have lost customers like us...

Purchased 4 bath tubs, Menards only had only two in stock and so it could not be purchased on their website. Rob helped me to place a special order where I could buy the 2 in stock and Menards would email me when they had two more for pick up later. Requested Rob to pull the two tubs as my contractor would be coming to pick them up the next day. Called later in the day and found that the tubs were not pulled from stock and Rob had left for the day, spoke to "Will" and he said that he would pull the tubs from stock for my contractor.

Contractor went this morning to find nothing had been done and had to wait approx 2 hours to get the tubs and there was no one to help him load his truck. This level of service stinks. Called one of the front managers and all they said was sorry. What Menards does not seem to understand or care about is that a workers time costs money. In this case it was the contractors time and his workers time who were waiting at the job site.

I ordered 10 gallon of pool paint and was told that I would receive by 5/25/2017. Now that I check the status of order it will not even ship until 5/31/2017. Menards website is a piece of crap. Also they don't even have a way to contact anyone direct. No chat or 24/7 customer service. It is BS. I will not use Menards for anything from now on. I will shop Lowe's or Home Depot which have online chat and 24/7 customer service.

On May 12, 2017, I visited the Menards in Lawrence, KS and received some of the worst service that I've ever experienced. I purchased a #1 premium perennial and after I looked at my receipt and saw the perennial rang up at $5.77 and not the sale price of $3.33 I brought it to the attention of the cashier and she flipped her light at the register on for assistance. A very nice young man came over to assist and he contacted the garden dept to confirm that there were signs stating the sale price. We waited for approx 5 minutes and there was no response back from the garden dept.

In the meantime, Jordan, from customer service walked over and asked what the issue was and I explained to her about the sale sign and that the sale price didn't ring up and she told me that it wasn't on sale that ONLY the plants in blue containers were (mine was in a brown container). I told Jordan that I wanted a refund for the plant I just purchased if it isn't on sale and she credited my card $6.29. I went and put the rest of my purchases in the car and came back into the store to double check the signs and take a few pictures.

After I confirmed that the plant I originally purchased was, in fact, on sale and took a few pictures I went back to the customer service dept where Jordan was working and told her I'd like to show her the pictures of I just took and I said, "There are no blue containers anywhere near the sale signs as you had said the blue containers were the only plants that were on sale," and she didn't say anything. And I said, "So...?" and Jordan replied back, "The plant you purchased was not on sale." I said, "The plant I purchased is right here in the pic right next to the sale sign. I'll just contact your corporate office." Jordan replied, "Go ahead." REALLY! Her reply was, "go ahead" in reference to contacting corporate.

I'm very appalled and be certain that I will tell EVERYONE I know about my horrible experience and how RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL Jordan was and she works in CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Posting this to social media is my first step in getting my voice heard. I'll definitely be writing a letter to Menards' corporate office in Eau Claire, WI.

My husband and I are delighted to have a new store near us, we think that the shopping experience and the very helpful staff are top notch, no complaints here. Prices are good too. However, beware of how they process rebates, you have to look up the Rebate #, fill out the form and then mail in the form. There are supposed to be ways to trace the progress of the very slow rebate and yet after 2 months of waiting, our name still does not appear. Very inefficient, lots of room for mail to get lost, stupid, stupid system.

I purchased some items from Menards, a few months ago. I was getting a bathroom installed in my basement. I sent a copy of my receipt, plus rebate paperwork that was needed in order for myself to get my check. I still have received my rebate check in the mail yet. I feel Menards is a horrible home improvement store, they don't even honor military discounts either. Plus the contractor that was working on my home had to go back to the store a dozen time. Because they didn't place any nuts or bolts in the toilet box. Plus the shower kit set went back twice because it didn't properly have all the parts in the box. This is one (#1) sorry store Kalamazoo, MI.

Space doesn't permit me to write about the problems, manager incompetence and general lack of concern for their customers. I wish I could give no stars. The Menard family should be ashamed to advertise, "Dedicated to service and quality". What a joke! There have been a couple of bad experiences at Menards. The last one involved me going two times to pick up garage doors to no avail. Me once and me paying a contractor the second time. Guess what? I still don't have any garage doors. The doors were purchased at Evendale and I was told to drive around back to pick them up. I finally get there after the guy at the gate telling me the wrong place to go and they tell me that there is only one after the salesman said they were in stock. I then ask them if they were available in the Loveland store. Paperwork was transferred to Loveland.

A couple of days later my contractor on my nickel went to pick them up and he was told there is no paperwork to back that up and he wasn't able to pick them up and no one did anything but say to go back to Evendale to fix the paperwork. Are you playing a practical joke? Where are the cameras? If I was the Menard family, I would change my name. If you want to know how not to treat the customer, go to Menards! I have filed a complaint with their corporate office but will be very surprised if I hear from them. Mr. Menard, if you care at all about your customers, pick up the phone and call me personally and I will retract my complaint.

I used to live in Michigan and had a Menards close by... never had a HD, and Lowe's moved out many years ago. So Menards is the only choice. I've always had good luck at the store. But now I live in Florida, and Menards is not in this state. So I went to their website and ordered a dozen Loctite epoxy tube sets for plastics. (I had used many tubes of it bought at their store.) Upon using the first one, the color mixed clear (I was expecting a cream color like the others). The consistency was runny instead of standing up in a gob. I applied it anyway and found it would not stick to plastic. (I was used to not being able to remove it except by hammer and chisel... even then it took a lot of chiseling to finally get it all off.) I just tapped it with a wrench and the whole thing popped right off. I tried a second and third tube set and found the same thing.

I called Loctite and they had me read a code on the tube which told them these tubes were over a year past their expiration date. They also told me Menards is notorious for distributing out-of-expiration-date products from them. And since I had used 3 tubes I decided it wasn't worth the bother of trying to get them replaced and ate the $60.

You want to know. Contact me, Menards. I would NOT recommend Your Store near Kankakee IL to anyone. The whole Staff needs to be Trained on Customer Service. 3 Men said they were "Store Managers" in one spot. Nice try to cover up their ability to run a store! No Disabled Store or Women Friendly!!!

I was told by a cashier at the Ofallon IL Menards that my rebate would be a "check" mailed to me after I mailed my receipts to proper location. Took over 2 months to receive the rebate and in fact it was only an "in store rebate". I spent money on a stamp, envelope, and gas to mail my receipt for my rebate only to get an in store rebate. I feel that it was very misleading. Poor execution on their end. And I spent a large amount of money in the store to be mislead! Plus I bought carpet from them only to unroll it to find a large bald spot in the carpet. I will redeem my rebate but will not go back after that.

I used to shop at the East Side Madison store. I ordered 6 foot boards from the desk... go back in the yard... there are no 6 foot boards. The yard is empty of employees. I had to drive around... go back in the store to get someone to come out and help me. Then I had to help the guy pull out 12 foot boards, carry them to the saw, then help him cut them and load them in my car. After an hour, I was able to leave and no employee discount. I kept going in practically every night to get more boards (I was building a fence). They were constantly out of items, I could never find anyone to help me. When I did... they were like "Give me a moment and I will be there." I finally blew up at a fork lift driver where he drove away saying "I don't have to put up with you."

So I started to shop at the Monona store. The first night back in the yard 8 pm... no lights on. I cannot see any of the signs. I drive around trying to find help but there is nobody around. I had to go back into the store to finally get help. They turned the lights on but they were HPS so they took 10 minutes to brighten. I came back practically every night (building a patio). I would pay, go back in the yard... they would be out of the product so I would again drive around trying to find someone to get another pallet down. Then I had been getting separate yard forms for every load I could fit in my car. The guy convinced me to put it all on one form and the security guy in the yard can keep track of what I had picked up. I decided to try it so I would not have to go into the store when I am dirty from working (I am a girl by the way).

I got a big order (biggest pavers 72 lbs.). Tons of male workers back there pretending not to see a girl lifting 72 lb blocks. Fine. I don't need their help. After two trips I go for a third and the security guy is like "I can't give those to you. You have already picked them all up!" I looked at my form (I had been keeping track of what I had picked up) and what they had in their computer was totally wrong. Then he said I had to back up... I could NOT leave the yard and I had to go in and talk to customer service. I go inside and there is a huge line. I ask some kid if he can call for more help. He said no. He did not have the authority and walked away. What?!? I get to the front of the line and the woman has no idea what to do. So she calls another woman. That woman says I need to go back to the department so we walk all the way back to the special order desk.

That guy could not help us. She could not access what she needed on that computer. So now she walks me back to the front. By now I am HOT! I am ashamed to say I was swearing and bitching. We get to a manager and he stands there staring at the paper. I'm like "can we do something to get me out of here?" I tell him the story again and he stands there staring at the paper. So I start yelling. He has the AUDACITY to say I needed to stop abusing him or he was going to kick me out of the store and not let me have anything I bought. I stopped yelling and he continued to "man" lecture me about how he didn't need to take my abuse and I needed to behave and whatever. I stood quiet wondering. So you as a grown man being paid to be a manager in a store says you are being abused for being yelled at but making a customer this upset in your store is not considered abuse?

Anyway... long story short... they make it impossible to complain. You need to print off a form and mail it. Um... who prints stuff? Who mails stuff? The only reason they do that is because if they actually dealt with customer complaints they would need to hire all of Texas to take care of the call center! Pray Lowe's is coming soon!!! I wish I didn't even need to give them one star!!!

I am a wheelchair bound amputee. During the fall of 2016 I was in the 7701 Nicollet Ave, Richfield , MN 55423. They have flat belt escalators at that store. There are no signs posted that people in wheelchairs can not use their escalators. Some of the items I wanted to purchase was on the 2nd floor of Menards. Therefore, I used the up escalator to get my needed items from the 2nd floor. After retrieving my needed items from the 2nd floor, I used the down escalator. When I was almost to the bottom of the escalator, a store employee forcefully grabbed my shopping cart, which caused me to almost fall out of my wheelchair and also caused me to slam my body into the side rail. I yelled at the employee with the verbiage "What the hell are you doing! What is your problem!?"

The store employee yelled back at me telling me that handicapped people in wheelchairs are not allowed to use Menards escalators. In fact that is what their store elevators are for. I debated with him on that subject. I explained to him that Menards can not legally prevent me nor other handicapped people from using the escalators. I demanded his name and title. He gave me a fictitious name and title. I know that because once I received a reply from the A.D.A in Washington Dc, the person was unidentifiable according to Menards. That means no such employee existed at that store as the one I filed the complaint against according to Menards anyways. I did describe the man though to the A.D.A. Since that time, I have been in the store and yet to see the same employee. Maybe he was fired, maybe not.

Now that leads me to my next issue which is linked to my first issue. I was at the same Menards about 2 weeks ago. I rolled up to the customer service desk. Sat in my wheelchair while management along with 2 other store employees looked at me and ignored me. I waited there for about 10 minutes. No help. I rolled over to the returns desk and asked the store employee at the desk for the store manager. A couple minutes later, a manager came to my location. I explained my situation to him, being ignored by store employees. I left my name and number with him. A couple days later he left me a voicemail. I called him back.

A female employee answered and after I explained what happened to her, she became hostile about it. She started complaining to me about how one of the times I was in the store, she became offended that when she tried to help me by getting stuff off the shelves for me, without my consent, that she became offended that I refused her help. I told her both my arms work. When someone, without my consent starts trying to put stuff in my basket that offends me and I have the right to refuse their help.

Now the other day I was in the Menards. I was finished checking out. I was off to the side, out of the way, putting the item I bought into my wheelchair bag. One of the employees that ignored me from the previous time came up to me and asked if I needed help. I only had one container of spackle that I bought. I am a grown man with working arms and a bag that I put items in all the time. So rather than becoming upset, I ignored her. Then she said she could get my basket for me. I ignored her. I have been shopping at that store for over a year now. I have yet to see any employee offer to put customer items in their purses or vehicles or bags for the non-handicapped people without the people asking for help with such a task. I have yet to see any employee try to get a basket from a non-handicapped person.

My thoughts are: They target harassing handicapped people. They know I lodged complaints against them with the A.D.A. They are trying to get revenge on me for my complaints. What else could it be? I am minding my own business. They have seen me for over a year shopping at their store, seeing I am a fully capable person. Therefore, why in the world would they try to "help me?" If a store instills such "help" criteria in their employees, then why is it I am being the only one getting their "help?"

Worst search engine. Try to find anything on Menards site is a waste of time. A simple search for a copper 3" pipe gets you everything with the name pipe or copper BUT a 3" copper pipe. Several other searches get the same results. Not worth your time to look.

Menards Company Profile