1.30/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Menards

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 29, 2017

332 Menards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I ordered a chainsaw from their website. It arrived with oil spilled inside the packing. I called. They said it would not be a problem, they tested them before shipping. I tried to start it with the gas that was already in it when it arrived. (That's important, because one of their tricks is if the customer puts gas in, they won't take it back.) They don't not have a customer service number. Only an email. I sent an email. The only thing their reply said was, "Did you put gas in the unit?" Clearly trying to avoid responsibility. I called the particular store from which it was shipped. Again. I spoke to someone who said they were in the manager's office. They said they would get back to me. They have not.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Worst customer service, I spent 12 hours plus trying to get the right products order after 4 visits to the store. I thought all the problems were ironed out. Nope, wrong items were sent out "special order" so to return it's a 25% restock fee after I corrected their mistake and was still sent the wrong item. Delivery was a fiasco. I showed them pics of where it was to be placed and they said, “No problem. It will be the standard fee of $69”. It arrived today and the driver refused to place it where it was supposed to be delivered.. without paying an additional fee. Plus it arrived 2 hours late. Never will I do business with Menards. The gm at the Kenosha WI. To go ** myself. I had 3 guy on the clock waiting on the delivery of the materials and that the way you treat someone who just sent 1200 on a package that they messed up... DONT BUY FROM MENARDS.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

My issue is with the Menards credit card as provided by Capital One. I tried to use my Menards card at checkout and it was declined. Knowing I had a $0 balance I went straight to the car and called Capital One. They told me that I failed to answer a correspondence from them asking me for my physical address. I never (possibly overlooked) saw this request so of course I never gave them the address. Because I never did this, they simply closed my account with no notice.

First of all, I live in a village where there are NO mailboxes. Only P.O. boxes so you cannot even use my physical address. Second, why not simply call me for this information and all would be fine. They told me that it would be 7-10 days to re-open my account. After 12 days passed without any contact I called them. They told me that it would take yet another 7-10 days. After 5 more days they actually called and said that I would have to reapply and start all over. Again, all of this because I failed to give them my physical address which again absolutely cannot be used for anything. I have been a VERY LOYAL customer to Menards for years and have had great credit standing with them as well.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I ordered a fireplace insert that was on clearance. It was 150.00, I paid half the price. Then I paid to have the item shipped to my house because it said it was not available for pick up and did not have the original box. That should have thrown up a red flag! When the item arrived I opened up the box and could not believe it was plastic formed around cardboard to mimic a steel grate and birch logs. It was so pathetic. Not at all what was described. Also no receipt! When I went to return the item they told me I had to pay a 25% restocking fee!!! Remember it was a discontinued item!!! Then they said I would have to pay to ship this piece of plastic back!!! I do not recommend this at all. What a complete disappointment!! Then when I went to put this review in I seen they have 237 other 1 star reviews!! I wish I would have found this site first. If I could give them a 5 star (negative) review that's what would give them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I purchased T7G Doodles Fir Porch flooring online. Set the delivery up. I called to confirm the correct delivery address, Menards then delivered it a day late and to the wrong address. My guys had to go get the materials and make the correct delivery. The head GM at Menards in Normal, IL then proceeded to drop the "F" bomb on me, and tell me it was all my fault. Then we had to return 70 pieces out of the 160 pieces we had ordered, due to bad material in one way or another.

Then because we placed the order online, we couldn't get a refund using the online receipt, I had to go in there myself. I have a total of 5 hours invest in returning $600 worth of flooring. AS a customer, as a business owner, I feel like Menards is one of the most difficult companies to do business with. They insulate themselves from their customers and the delivery company in such a way that there seems to be no way of getting any real accountability from them as a company. This is my first review of Menards, but not my only complaint. I should have been doing this for the last 25 years.

Here is my complaint to them on their private review site - I own Prairie Renovation in Bloomington, IL 61701. On Monday Sept. 4, 2017 I placed an order for Douglas Fir, T & G Porch flooring online. I place a fair amount of orders online, and I called in right away to make sure that the order was going to go to the correct place (job site), as I was going to be traveling out of town and I wanted my guys to have the materials that they needed. I wanted them delivered on Thurs 9/7/2017.

I got a call on Thurs saying the delivery would happen on Fri. Then I got a call on Friday morning from the delivery driver, he said he was dropping the supplies in front of my door (at my shop) instead of the job site. Needless to say, I'm upset. But it got much worse when I called the local Menards to talk to someone about this, and the GM in Normal, IL - "Darrin" got on the phone with me. He wasn't helpful and he used the "F" word with me. Now I've been in business for 30 years, and I've never done that, nor do I think it's even remotely professional or acceptable. I've been a customer for a very long time, and with all of this last debacle, I'm debating on whether or not I want to stay a customer. I would appreciate it if someone would follow up with me at **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I purchased 168 patio bricks 8 x 16 (7-5/8 x 15-1/4). The bricks are poorly manufactured. The width 7-5/8 ranges from 7-1/2 to 7-13/16 making it impossible to match up lines. I have my lawn all ripped up and ready to install these bricks only to find out they are not square or close to the same width. Some vary by 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch from end to end. I called the Saginaw Menards where I purchased them, the Manager said "Let me go measure what we have. You must have got a bad batch." She called back to inform me she had measured what they have in stock and they measured 7-1/2 to 7-3/4. These are worse than what I already have. She said I could search through the 3 pallets they have to see if I can find 168 the same size. I asked her to do that because I don't know what size to look for. The manager was not willing to help.

I asked for the store Director. He was no help and a liar. All he would do is return my money or charge me over 2 times as much for a different similar brick. I asked if he was willing to help on the price since the other bricks are defective. His reply was "They are not defective. "All bricks have some variance." Really 1/8" to 3/16" from end to end and you think they are going to line up. That's funny, I measured about 50 bricks for width and length width varied by 1/4" but the length was 15-1/4" on every brick, did not vary more than the width of the line on my tape measure. Then he said "I was with the manager when she measured the top layer and they didn't vary by a 1/16", so someone there is lying so basically bring them back or pay over 2x more we are not going to help you. The part that really upsets me is the lying. This will be my LAST purchase from Menards!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR DECKING MATERIALS FROM MENARDS. I spent over $2,500 on lumber for a new deck from Menards, after it was installed 5 months later every post was split and twisted in place. My brand new deck looked like total crap, also this made my handrail become unstable and unsafe. Menards did exchange the 15 post I had to replace but will not help me out on having to pay for the cost of labor for my contractor to take them out and replace them.

No one should have to pay twice for the cost of labor to switch out the post only 5 months after having them installed. The brochure that Menards has on the quality of lumber they carry states "premium grade of lumber" as well as, "built in water repellent". I think not, this is the worst lumber I have ever seen. I understand lumber does weather over time and is unpredictable, but 5 months later?? I wrote Menards a two page letter letting them know what I had experienced with the lumber. They sent me a FORM letter and did not offer me anything in return for having to pay for labor again. Their "premium lumber" is not so "premium", it's crap.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I special ordered an item online yesterday and my order has been cancelled today due to Menards falsely advertising the price of the item, and then not willing to honor the online price. Unfortunately, I sold a personal belonging of mine to afford this item because of the great deal that was advertised online, and today I get an email stating that the order has been cancelled due to their mistake? Now I no longer own the personal item that I sold, and I am not getting the item from Menards to replace the one that I have sold. I have tried numerous times to contact the customer service, but they are refusing to resolve this issue.

I am furious as a customer, and I will take my business elsewhere from this point forward. Myself, a few family members, and also many close friends have been loyal to Menards as customers, as a lot of us are contractors that purchase from Menards on a daily basis. I have informed them all of this situation. Thanks for causing me an incredible inconvenience!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We have yet to receive our counter tops from Menards. These were ordered in May and it is the middle of August and we still do not have a kitchen. I have to call every other day and have them check the status. They do not follow through and check with the vendor without a call. It has been one problem after another. They were off an inch on measurements, they did a customize on the sink (can't do that for an under sink), had a sink in the order that didn't have a template from American Standard, etc. Issue after issue and until you call and ask, it just sits in limbo.

Also, there is no such thing as management to speak with. They just transfer you to the department. I went to the store and speak to a manager (they tried to tell me she wasn't there) and that did nothing. She won't check on my counters and give me updates either. I understand if it was the 1st or 2nd issue, but we are on about the 5th now. I am sure Mr. Menard would not put up with no kitchen. We have a table in the back bedroom with a coffee pot and NuWave, our old frig is in the living room (while the new one is outside in the garage in the heat) and we are using a sink in our basement laundry room for dishes.

We don't feel this is the customer service us or anyone else should be receiving. I could go on, but what good would it do. We have paid, yet they say if we cancel there is a restocking fee. Isn't that stealing? If someone from Menards want to contact me, please do. I have too many order numbers to list below in the one order number spot. We were doing our whole kitchen with Menards and are out a lot of money for no kitchen. They don't seem to care when you remind them that every change is a change with a contractor.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

When going to Menards the rebate system is what brings me to this store, but I will not be using my card there anymore. 6-8 weeks I understand but 4 to 6 months why bother. You try to track or call anyone and no personnel at store can answer any questions for you, and the number to call is the credit card company that deals with your bill only. It's the Biggest racket going on a new way to take your money. I will not recommend, buy, or visit again!!! Thanks for Nothing.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I ordered 2 light bulbs. The shipping and handling added up to the cost of the light bulbs. Then I got a notice from the Post Office to pick up the package because there was postage due!!! I almost fell over. The bulbs were just placed in an envelope. No box and anything to keep them from breaking. What a disgrace! I paid over $5 to have 2 light bulbs shipped and that didn't even cover the postage. How does this place stay in business!!!

Original review: July 28, 2017

Menards 96th street. Indianapolis. When I opened the boxed product, I discovered it was used and did not work. Menards manager agreed it was obviously used (dirty, covered in paint splatters), but would not agree to a refund. After arguing for about 20 minutes I agreed to a replacement which also did not work. I returned the original product within about 45 minutes of purchase. The production date on the product did not match the exterior production date of box. I'm not complaining about the product (it's made in China, you take your chances), but basically being told I'm a trying to rip them off when the manager said "You see how this looks from my point of view". I'm keeping the second up-clarifier even though it doesn't work as a reminder to not waste my time at Menards.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I recently placed a small lumber order on line with Menards for pickup. At the lumber desk I was given directions to where my lumber was stored. When I drove to where my smart side boards was supposed to be stored I couldn't see them. I asked a nearby Menards employee if he could help me find and then cut the 16 ft. boards into 8 foot lengths so that they would fit in my SUV. Jeff stopped what he was doing and said that my car was right in front of the boards and that he would be glad to cut them.

He went right to the wood that I had purchased and pulled the 16 footers out, carried them to the saw, cut the boards in half then loaded them into my car for me. This guy was great, I was really impressed with the size of Menards lumber yard and storage barns, but service that I received from Jeff was even more impressive. I have visited and made purchases from the Wixom Michigan Menards and always found helpful employees throughout the store; at the registers and customer service center. I would highly recommend Menards Wixom for any home improvement project.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I had an issue with my order that I had delivered and after talking to several people, who all tried to help - from customer service, to contractors desk, to delivery, to cashier, I was directed to Megan at the front of the West Fargo Store. She was amazing! Professional, courteous, understanding and willing to go out of her way to assist me, even though she was busy. It took a bit to get it taken care of but she handled it and even called me personally later that evening when all paperwork was submitted, and computer was updated. After 30 plus years working in a service industry it is so refreshing to be treated as if my problem is more important than anything else. Thank You Megan for your assistance. And thank you to all the Menards employees who also tried to assist me. I will continue to drive past the competition's stores to get to this store just because they treated me so well. Thank you again. Great Job!

Original review: July 18, 2017

On 7/9/2017 purchased item #6736057 Jensen Pulldown Kitchen faucet for $99.0. On 7/16 /2017 Menard offer 11% purchased item #6736057 Jensen Pulldown Kitchen faucet price went up for $114.0. So end up pay more even after rebate. It is scam.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I Purchased a Whirlpool 14CF Top White refrigerator Model WRT104TFDWOO SN VS50744795 from Menards in Rhinelander Wisconsin on July 10, 2015 for a price of $476 plus taxes. I did not purchase an Extended Warranty. The Unit developed a Cabinet Leak on March 10, 2017. The Refrigerator lasted 1.6 Years. A Certified Ref Tech told me it could not be fixed and it was most likely a Manufacturing Defect ($84). Menards wished me well in finding a solution to getting the unit fixed. There are more units like this out there. Beware.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Purchased flooring from West Fargo Menards and some from Moorhead. When we bought it in West Fargo the man from the flooring department told us it was the same as the snap together and told us which padding to buy for the underlayment. The floor has now separated up to 2 inches in some places. When filled out install complaint form, vendor said no underlayment should have been applied so they will not refund us and Menards says too bad basically. They say the vendor is self-explanatory, so for your inconvenience but there is nothing they will do. Don't listen to the workers there I guess as they send you down a path of destruction and won't make it right. There is no number at customer service center in Wisconsin that you can actually talk to. They won't even put a number on the correspondence they send in the mail. They are dedicated to customer service, yeah right!!

Original review: July 6, 2017

Lied that our product was loaded, now refuse to get it to us - I live in Rock Springs, Wyoming. The closest Menards store is in Cheyenne, WY, which is about 260 miles away. My boyfriend and I ordered a three-part order from the Cheyenne store on June 13, 2017, making it very clear at that time that we needed to pick the entire order up at once, since we were literally on the other side of the state and would be driving more than 500 miles to get these supplies. The employees understood and assured us there would be no problem. After we called several times about the status of the order, on June 30 Mason from Menards called both my boyfriend and I and left us messages confirming that our entire order had been personally verified to be in-store, was in the back in one location, and ready to be picked up. We called back and arranged pickup for July 4.

On July 4, my boyfriend got to the Menards Cheyenne location at noon. It took him almost 30 minutes to get an invoice and the receipt from our prepayment 3 weeks earlier - which is when he realized the financing we had asked for had not been applied. He was told to pick up the order in back, and fix the financing afterwards. He was finally given the paperwork and told to drive to the back supply yard. Once there, he spoke to two different employees who could not find our order. It turned out our order was scattered in various locations around the store and yard, unmarked.

Working with an employee named Warren, he was able to find the trusses and get them loaded on our rented trailer by 12:50. It took another half hour to find and load a single, 16’ wooden case he was told contained all the siding and accessories, a crate that we were billed $150 for. He did not finally get the window and door and leave the yard until 1:55pm, 2 hours after he started trying to pick up our order, and almost 90 minutes after starting the loading process.

At that point, he had to return to the front desk to deal with the financing - which the employees admitted was their mistake, they had not done the purchase/charges correctly when we paid by phone when the order was placed. They apologized, and said, “This happens all the time”. It took another 45 minutes for them to completely cancel out and recharge the entire order to make that mistake right. Since the 48 month financing was one of the selling points of using Menards, my boyfriend was very patient and polite while this mistake was fixed.

During the loading process in the yard, my boyfriend stressed repeatedly that he wanted to verify the entire order - including the siding and accessories. He even pointed out the invoice, which asks the customer to verify the order. The siding and accessories came in a ~16’ wooden crate with opaque plastic on top; Warren assured him the order was complete and told him more than once not to open the box because there was no way to reseal it for the 4 hour, 260 mile drive home. My boyfriend asked again before leaving if he should open the crate and check, but was assured again by Warren that all the siding was in the box, absolutely, for sure.

When my boyfriend unloaded and opened the siding crate tonight (June 5), there was no siding - only j-lock and corner pieces. I immediately called the store and spoke to Brett, who told me upfront that he was the only general manager for the Cheyenne store, and the only person who could make any decisions about our order. I explained what had happened, and that we could not afford to make the 520 mile round trip to return for the missing siding. I asked him how we could get the rest of our order to Rock Springs, or what we could do to make the situation right. He told me that they couldn’t even find the siding, and would call me back once he had located our missing product, but that ultimately there was nothing he could do except have the siding ready for pick-up once located.

When he called back after finally locating our siding, I explained that gas for the trip on Tuesday had cost us over $150 round trip, and renting the trailer had cost us an additional $200. I explained that we had given Menards our business because we could just afford to make the trip to pick things up and still save money compared to what we would have spent at Home Depot in Rock Springs. Another trip back was simply way beyond our budget until I went back to work in the fall (I’m a teacher).

Brett admitted repeatedly that he had spoken to Warren, the employee who had been in charge of locating our order and loading it, that Menard’s was 100% at fault, that our siding order boxes had not been stored together nor had they been marked in any way to indicate there were two boxes in the order, that yes, my boyfriend had verified in all ways aside from opening the crate that the order was complete, and that Warren had told Brett tonight that my boyfriend had asked yesterday about opening the crate but had been told not to because it could not be closed up again.

Brett said over and over, “I would be as upset as you are,” “This is completely our fault,” “We messed this up,” “I’m really sorry and will do anything I can do make this right,” but told me that after checking our order, we had not spent enough to be eligible for more than $100 in compensation. I explained that $100 would barely get us to Cheyenne, wouldn’t get us home again, and wouldn’t pay for the trailer. If we had to pay for two trips, we would have spent almost the same amount we could have paid to have the items delivered to Rock Springs, and significantly more than if we had simply given Home Depot our business.

Brett agreed that he shouldn’t ask us to spend so much money and time when it was his store that had majorly messed up, but there was nothing else he could do. He then suggested I was being unreasonable in not gratefully accepting the $100 he offered. I hung up at that point, I was so angry.

I discussed the situation with my boyfriend, and he then called back and asked Brett if Brett could have the order delivered to the Caspar Menards. We will be passing through Caspar on the 18th of July and could rearrange our trip to pick the siding up without going too far out of our way. Brett said no - the siding would have to be returned to the manufacturer, reordered from Caspar, we would lose the 48-month financing because our total would be broken into two orders at that point, and (he was very quick to mention) we were no longer eligible for any type of compensation. He also told us there was absolutely no guarantee of when the siding would arrive in Caspar, and having it there by the 18th was unlikely - but we could gamble if we wanted to.

We then asked if the siding could remain in the Cheyenne store until late September, when I (a teacher) would get my next paycheck and would have some extra money to rent the trailer and make the trip. "No," he said, he cannot store product like that. We have a maximum of 14 days to pick it up, then it will be returned and we will be charged a restocking fee. If we agree to return it now, though, he won’t charge us a restocking fee, but we need to decide right away.

In the end, Brett told each of us in multiple conversations that his store and employees are completely at fault, they “really screwed up,” and he’s incredibly sorry, but there is simply nothing Menards will do for us to make this right. He assured us both, in multiple phone calls, that he is the only person allowed to handle this situation, there is nothing we can do but to return to the store within 14 days to pick up the order, and we are being “unreasonable” to expect anything additional. He even indicated that the $100 is more than anyone else at Menards would do for us, and he’s being generous.

I contacted customer service and received a reply from Ray that said, "I’m very sorry, but we are unable to further discount our already low prices. Thank you for your patience and understanding." They will not call me. When we called back this morning to arrange pick-up of the siding, since my house *has* to have siding, Brett told my boyfriend he is not refunding any of the packaging cost, and he is no longer offering any compensation. He has decided to return the siding and we can "just figure it out."

In the meantime, the siding is $5 less per piece on their website than we paid in store, and shipping (which the store told us was not an option for siding) is $297. That means that we can return the siding (the credit card company is disputing the charges for us) and reorder it with delivery to our house for only $160 more than we originally paid, half of what it would cost us to return and pick it up. I will also be contacting the manufacturer of the siding to let them know of our experience and find out if there is anywhere else it can be purchased.

Bottom line: Menards will go out of their way to steal product by claiming it is loaded when it is not, then refusing to refund the price when they find out you can't return for what was forgotten. Bring tools to check and reclose any type of packaging, triple verify that you actually have you order, plan to spend an entire day trying to purchase from Menards, and DON'T expect any kind of customer service.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased pre-finished hardwood flooring in April that was to have a rebate of $58.82, #177. In June I received a rebate for $30.89. I have contacted Chad at the Independence, MO store twice about this. The first time he got back to me with wrong information. He said he would call back. He has not.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I am very dissatisfied with my experience shopping with your store. I made a pretty substantial purchase ($1,600) on the day prior to one of your 11% rebate sales. I was told that I could come in the following day, during the sale, and pick up a form to receive the 11% rebate, otherwise I would have just waited the day to get the rebate. I stopped in the next day, and I was told the forms were not available yet. Ok, so I left and returned two days later, and the forms still were not available... Now I had made two special trips to your store to specifically pick up this form, and it was not available either time. I stopped in the following week and was informed that the rebate was over and I would not be able to submit the form.

This is extremely annoying to the point I don't want to ever shop at your store again. I made three special trips to the store with no resolve to my problem. I feel like this is nothing more than a scam designed to bilk people out of money under the assumption that you will save money on a sale that apparently there is no form for the submit for the rebate.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I went to the Menards paint department and bought everything I believed I would need to paint my langer living room and hallway. I ran out of a gallon of one paint color. When I went back to Menards for another gallon, they informed me I would have to pay $7 more for that gallon as it no longer came in the color I had bought a week ago. Not a big deal, except the woman in the paint department ran back and gave me semi-gloss instead of the satin gallon I had brought to her.

Once I realized the paint on my walls should have dried and still looked too wet (about 2 hours work later as I was doing touch ups) I exchanged it for satin finish. Except the employees at the store failed to inform me that the Dutch Boy I had bought a week prior, wouldn't be allowed in that color anymore. Not only had I done touch ups to that wall with an employee mistaken gloss of paint, I had to sand it down and prime it. Then, neither did the new Dutch Boy Paint of that color (the platinum plus), have the same exact sheen. This is the fourth time I'm having to paint that wall. When I asked a manager for a corporate number since he wouldn't help me, he even said he couldn't find one. Mostly because this business does not care about customers.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Two weeks ago I purchased vinyl flooring. Found each box to have flaws in material. Too late, it's installed. I was at work. Purchased two box fans. Both warped and make a terrible noise... thus no sleep. Purchased a table and two chairs for a small porch. Both chairs have a metal and plastic mechanism for "locking" purposes. Upon closing the chairs ONCE both plastic pieces broke! Each purchase within two weeks was defective! Maybe a yard sale is the way to go!

Original review: June 8, 2017

We purchased some chairs at the Independence, MO, Menards on 5/29/17. Since they supposedly qualified for a rebate, we located the rebate form as instructed before leaving the store. Unfortunately, we didn't get home with the cash register receipt for the purchase. We were dodging storms that day and assume the receipt blew away as we raced through the rain to the truck. I went back to the store and used their kiosk to print a new copy of the receipt. Great, right? Wrong. The reprint of the receipt states "not valid for rebate submissions". I asked customer service to provide me a copy of my receipt that would be valid for the rebate submission. All the rep would say is, "Sorry, I can't do that." No reason, no explanation, no offer to otherwise assist, nothing. I asked to speak with the store manager, only to be told there was no manager available to speak with me.

So I emailed the Menards online customer service, stating the issue. Again, all I got in response was "sorry, can't do it, contact the rebate center." So I emailed the Rebate Center. Their response? "Contact the store". Really? Do they really call this acceptable customer service? It sounds like a scam to me. Probably the same person responded to both my emails. I guess as long as they can find idiots like me to shop their store at least once, it's enough to keep them in business. So if I accomplish nothing else from this review, it's to convince at least once savvy consumer to NOT SHOP AT MENARDS. Be smarter than I was and look at the store reviews first. With that attitude, Menards doesn't deserve to even be in business. They make Lowe's look like store of the year!!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I like Menards for certain things but the quality of their lumber subpar. I recently ordered Owens Corning Duration shingles when they were on sale at the Marion Ohio store and had a rebate making them cost $6 less per bundle than Lowe's. So I thought I was getting a deal. So yesterday I opened up the pack of shingles and it looks like they had gotten wet and they just looked almost used. They had a grainy yellow dusting on the back side looking suspicious for mold. They had been in my garage since delivery and had not gotten wet since delivery. Last year I got my Duration shingles from Lowe's and they were of excellent quality. When I buy stuff usually at Menards I do not expect high quality but brand name stuff I expect the same quality as anywhere else. Is it possible Menards buys Owens Corning shingle rejects or seconds?

Original review: May 30, 2017

Beware of these thieves. Over Memorial weekend, we purchased a patio set that was on the floor of the Fairfield, Ohio Menards store. We were getting a new concrete patio poured and that would be completed in a week or two. My husband and I, decided that we didn't want to purchase the $2200 set within 48 hours so notified them by phone. A manager told me that would not be a problem, but I would have to wait until Saturday to get a complete refund. Not a problem! However, about 20 minutes later a clerk called me to tell me the patio manager felt that I should be charged a 25% restocking fee as they supposedly had special ordered another set for us two days ago. We are talking about furniture that was in their store, never moved from its original place and now they wanted to hose the consumer because they ordered another one.

They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever heard of, there is none! They want everything in writing, so they do not have to respond to the consumer and can steal your money for whatever lying excuses that justify making a dime from the consumer. NEVER, NEVER SHOP AT MENARDS. They stop at nothing to screw the consumer.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I am a home and business owner. Since 2012 I have probably spent $60,000 of my own money remodeling my current home at Menards. Earlier this year I took back some bathroom/kitchen items that we hadn't used and was given around $800 in-store credit. When I tried to use one of the vouchers I was given an 800 number to call and told that it was out of their hands at the local store in Central Illinois. When I called the number and talked to Ryan in Wisconsin, I was told that unless I could provide receipts and prove which Menards store the items were purchased at, they would not honor the credit. I have called them several times and always get the run-around.

As of now, they still have the merchandise that was returned, and have yet to honor the in-store credit. I have not shopped with them since. They are completely taking advantage of their customers. I will never be able to resolve this issue with them, and they will keep the returned merchandise that I paid my hard earned for, and not honor their in-store credit. I guess it's a good thing we have a Lowe's store close to us. We will have all of our personal and business needs met by Lowe's from here on. It's a shame they have lost customers like us...

Original review: May 20, 2017

Purchased 4 bath tubs, Menards only had only two in stock and so it could not be purchased on their website. Rob helped me to place a special order where I could buy the 2 in stock and Menards would email me when they had two more for pick up later. Requested Rob to pull the two tubs as my contractor would be coming to pick them up the next day. Called later in the day and found that the tubs were not pulled from stock and Rob had left for the day, spoke to "Will" and he said that he would pull the tubs from stock for my contractor.

Contractor went this morning to find nothing had been done and had to wait approx 2 hours to get the tubs and there was no one to help him load his truck. This level of service stinks. Called one of the front managers and all they said was sorry. What Menards does not seem to understand or care about is that a workers time costs money. In this case it was the contractors time and his workers time who were waiting at the job site.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I ordered 10 gallon of pool paint and was told that I would receive by 5/25/2017. Now that I check the status of order it will not even ship until 5/31/2017. Menards website is a piece of crap. Also they don't even have a way to contact anyone direct. No chat or 24/7 customer service. It is BS. I will not use Menards for anything from now on. I will shop Lowe's or Home Depot which have online chat and 24/7 customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2017

On May 12, 2017, I visited the Menards in Lawrence, KS and received some of the worst service that I've ever experienced. I purchased a #1 premium perennial and after I looked at my receipt and saw the perennial rang up at $5.77 and not the sale price of $3.33 I brought it to the attention of the cashier and she flipped her light at the register on for assistance. A very nice young man came over to assist and he contacted the garden dept to confirm that there were signs stating the sale price. We waited for approx 5 minutes and there was no response back from the garden dept.

In the meantime, Jordan, from customer service walked over and asked what the issue was and I explained to her about the sale sign and that the sale price didn't ring up and she told me that it wasn't on sale that ONLY the plants in blue containers were (mine was in a brown container). I told Jordan that I wanted a refund for the plant I just purchased if it isn't on sale and she credited my card $6.29. I went and put the rest of my purchases in the car and came back into the store to double check the signs and take a few pictures.

After I confirmed that the plant I originally purchased was, in fact, on sale and took a few pictures I went back to the customer service dept where Jordan was working and told her I'd like to show her the pictures of I just took and I said, "There are no blue containers anywhere near the sale signs as you had said the blue containers were the only plants that were on sale," and she didn't say anything. And I said, "So...?" and Jordan replied back, "The plant you purchased was not on sale." I said, "The plant I purchased is right here in the pic right next to the sale sign. I'll just contact your corporate office." Jordan replied, "Go ahead." REALLY! Her reply was, "go ahead" in reference to contacting corporate.

I'm very appalled and be certain that I will tell EVERYONE I know about my horrible experience and how RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL Jordan was and she works in CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Posting this to social media is my first step in getting my voice heard. I'll definitely be writing a letter to Menards' corporate office in Eau Claire, WI.

Original review: May 12, 2017

My husband and I are delighted to have a new store near us, we think that the shopping experience and the very helpful staff are top notch, no complaints here. Prices are good too. However, beware of how they process rebates, you have to look up the Rebate #, fill out the form and then mail in the form. There are supposed to be ways to trace the progress of the very slow rebate and yet after 2 months of waiting, our name still does not appear. Very inefficient, lots of room for mail to get lost, stupid, stupid system.

Menards Company Information