3.2/5 (93 reviews)

Overall Rating3.2 out of 5

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
Original review: May 9, 2023

I ordered a Waterpik PowerPulse Massage® Magnetic 7-Spray Setting Chrome Handheld Showerhead. It was delivered on time and the Waterpik is a great product. What I finally received in the mail as a rebate was a $9.90 credit for a future purchase. Menards online is big disappointment and I don't plan to ever order from them again. The rebate process is just so yesterday - complete forms, make copies, pay for the postage, and then wait for a long delay. Only later did I discover that the rebate is only a credit for a future purchase. It seems that they are trying to discourage people from requesting the rebate by making the process so difficult, then not even returning a check which is what most people would define as a rebate. Their small print does state that their definition of a rebate is a credit, but I was fooled in assuming a Minard's rebate is an actual cash rebate. It really galls me to be tricked by a business.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2023

10/14/22. I bought the door at Freeport, IL Menards and never got my rebate. This is not the first time this has happened. Do not make false promises to your customers if you are unable or unwilling to fulfill them.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2023

I order a replacement bathtub faucet, when my plumber came to install it, he said it would not work for my fitting. I was charge a 25% restocking fee. I had the receipt, it was a timely return and the box was unopened. How can they get away with that in today's world? I will not be shopping here again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Poor Customer service and was charged a restocking and delivery fee for an Snow Blower that never delivered. Impossible to get the situation resolved, I just keep getting transferred from one customer service rep to another with no good explanation. Go Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Never in my life have I been to a store where you can spend over 10000 dollars and still be treated like a thief but that happened here at Menards in Moline Illinois. The general manager chased me outside. He accused a lot but never could back up anything with actual facts or proof. He then accused my children of stealing as well. Took pictures of me and my car and acted like a lunatic but this wasn’t the first time. He did the same thing about three months ago to my fiancé. Even yelled, "** is bad" in front of God and everyone. I have reported and reported this guy and I have employees to even back up what I am saying and nothing has been done. We have hired an attorney after today's event and will be suing for not only humiliating myself in public but my fiancé as well.

We have proof of all of our purchases. We have about $10,000 worth of receipts. Just take caution when shopping there because nobody knows what you’ll be accused of. We were accused of being on **, stealing a Christmas tree that we have a receipt for and some sort of knife or something they said. I have no idea but beyond disrespectful. I am beyond appalled. I have never been anywhere where a general manager can act that way and I am actually a manager of my own company. However that would not be allowed there. So Menards be ready.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

DO NOT PURCHASE FLOORING FROM MENARDS. It’s a trap. We purchased floating flooring from them and in less than 30 days the flooring started to break apart in the tongue and grooves and break apart. Their scam is that you have to send a claim to them by mail, there is no customer service numbers to contact them of any kind. They will mail you a letter saying they involve their supplier to handle the issues. The supplier sends out an inspection company that is hire by them and is in their back pocket to provide an inspection that favors the supplier.

Next your claim is denied and you are stuck with an expensive bunch of **materials that you can not do anything with. I will still contact my attorney for advice in this matter, but then I see it I’m am totally ** by Menards and I will never see any satisfaction for being a loyal customer to them. The inspector that came to my home behaved in a matter that made me feel that he was as serving the retailer well, I even asked him if the inspection he does is only to be benefit Menards, he didn’t like that question and answered NO. If you decide to purchase from them you will get every form of consumer punishment you deserve. Good luck!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Ordered ceiling box Oct 25th 2022. Received damaged unusable product and sent it back for a full refund. They signed for the returned Item and claimed they refunded to my credit card. 7 days later (keep in mind it's now Dec 5th) I had to have my credit card issuer credit my account and they went after Menards for their money. I'd had 18 emails with Menards trying to get a refund on a product they received in return without results. I'll never buy anything again from these guys. Deal with them at your own risk

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I should have read the reviews on this site before I purchased. I found that out after I purchased an item on 10/1 that the "rebate" is for in-store credit only. I live 16 hours round trip from the nearest store so "rebate" is useless. I tried to cancel the order 20 minutes after the transaction but was told the order could not be cancelled. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

First and only purchase. 2 years ago we bought siding for a house. It's been in storage. Spent over 2400, didn't get our 11% rebate. Traverse City manager blew it off. I sent him our receipt and pictures of a square of loose siding that wasn't in boxes as the rest and it doesn't match.. the rest of the siding so we are short 1 square of siding that we need replaced. Sent them the required info with no results!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I made made a major purchase at Menards. I sent in the rebate form and never heard back. When I asked about it, they said that it is handled by a third party. They basically said, "Too bad for you," and refused to remedy the situation. First, their supposed 11% discount is a lie. You are given a gift card that you must spend at the store. Home Depot's 10% off means exactly that. They take it right off the top!

Menards Company Information