3.9/5 (652 ratings)

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

First and only purchase. 2 years ago we bought siding for a house. It's been in storage. Spent over 2400, didn't get our 11% rebate. Traverse City manager blew it off. I sent him our receipt and pictures of a square of loose siding that wasn't in boxes as the rest and it doesn't match.. the rest of the siding so we are short 1 square of siding that we need replaced. Sent them the required info with no results!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I made made a major purchase at Menards. I sent in the rebate form and never heard back. When I asked about it, they said that it is handled by a third party. They basically said, "Too bad for you," and refused to remedy the situation. First, their supposed 11% discount is a lie. You are given a gift card that you must spend at the store. Home Depot's 10% off means exactly that. They take it right off the top!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I bought a 20x22 garage with delivery. About $13,000. Siding for garage was missing the 4 corners , they took a month to replace. When it came to putting the garage door in, the garage door people noticed Menards sent me a door that was 12 years old from 2010. It was bent, banged, and couldn’t fit together correctly. Now I need to file a claim with them. I had to return a bunch of wood that was also twisted and bent. I couldn’t get $ back only in-store credit. Total scam! Total headache!

Original review: July 10, 2022

I purchased the Poulan PL3816 chainsaw to cut down some trees and limbs after a storm. After having this chainsaw for 10 days and using it a few times, it behind to overheat and smoke causing it to die within minutes of trying to start it. I used the proper gas mix, bar oil etc. Don't waste your money here. I tried to returning or exchanging this chainsaw at Menards (on Illinois RD in Fort Wayne IN, where I purchased it) but Menards would not allow me to exchange or return it since I used it and I did not return within 7 days of purchase. This is the last time I shop at Menards. Their product lines are poor quality and don't last. Probably why they only stand behind their products for 7 days.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Menards does not stand behind their products or their warranties, do not buy from them. Purchased $4300 in flooring from menards, that had a warranty. It lasted 4 months, menards sent an inspector and I was told it was installed wrong. I had someone install it who knows how to do flooring. Menards does not stand behind their products or their warranty. Now I have ruined flooring in half my house and 44 boxes unopened that I don't want to use, because it's junk. Do not trust Menards or their warranties.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I came in shortly before 8:00 pm. when you were closing I was looking for a chalk tool not for sure what it was. I had a hard time finding out help somebody to help me and stumbled upon a man named Paul. He wasn't in the department that I needed but he walked me right to what I did need help me find what I was looking for, thanked me and said I was not a bother to be coming in right before close time. Thank you Paul for going out of your way to help me get what I needed and get out of your store before you all closed. Michele

Original review: June 7, 2022

My worker went to pick up the products like every morning at the Menards in Hanley Road, Saint Louis. This morning he wasn't allowed to pick up the orders because his license was expired. He had the order in his email and my own credit card. He and I were treated very poorly by a very unpolite employee. I called the store manager and he brushed it off saying this is the policy. I provided all needed information but they couldn't care less. They made me drive 50 miles to pick it up.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I purchased plumbing products from Menards for some remodeling of my restaurant. I am a General Contractor with several hundred dollars in purchases from Menards over the years. I had leftover components from the job so gathered them up and returned them the the Golden Valley MN Store. It was not a large return. Just a few items such as PVC Pipe fittings, boiler valves, Bath vent etc. My corporate card was lost a few months back so a new one was issued. This is where the system breaks down. Without your card they nor you can find your purchase. This puts you in a bucket of lowest sale price in the last 90 days. Ok, sure give me the sale price I understand. After the return was issued the customer service person gave me my paper check, yes so Corporate hopes I run it thru the washing machine and poof my cash is gone forever. They then threw away my return receipt so I could not review the prices of items returned.

I demanded the slip be given to me so she did. I carried on and went to pick my order for the day. In the plumbing department I started noticing numbers that were far from my return values. In fact some items were 75% more than I was given. $14 boiler valve returned value 4.89. PVC fittings at 4.36 were returned at .37 each. Infuriated I returned to customer service for an explanation. Manager gets involved and says blah blah lowest sale price in the last 90 days. I said, "You can't keep the products in stock but you are having sales of 75% off!" Manager then said, "Well Corporate makes up prices" and there is nothing they can do since they have no data to go on. So Corporate is scamming hard working Americans out of their money.

I told them to get all of my stuff and give it back. It was a 20 minute circus act but I did get my belongings back. I am going to find a good class action lawyer and see what can be done. Menard family are the most corrupt crooked family in America if you ask me. So crooked they lost a lawsuit against Donald Trump. They lost me as a customer today.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Besides the problems with canceled deliveries and waiting on a truck that never shows, the Ultra Deck composite decking they offer is useless. They claim the hidden fasteners will leave a 3/8 inch gap between boards. Because of variances in manufacturing the gap may vary from 3/8 to 3/4. Everything about this product is cheap and poorly made.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I received poor customer service while I was in the Bradley Illinois store. I asked the general manager to come speak to me about a product I wanted to purchase and he refused to come look at the display item that was damaged. I called the corporate office and they were no help at all they were rude and incompetent of doing their job too.

Menards Company Information