1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

370 Menards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

So much hassle, and intentionally make you forget about the rebates. I did not got rebate amount since last 3 times - unfortunately not worth time to fight for $10-$15 rebate to find the receipt stub and prove that I sent the receipt. Not buying anymore - even if it's $1 after $100 mail in rebate.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Criterion® 9.6 cu ft Commercial Chest Freezer - We purchased our chest freezer from Menards in Sept 2017, less than 6 months later the freezer quit working. The food inside obviously thawed to the point where the fresh meat we had recently purchased bled all over the freezer and outside of the freezer as well. We exchanged the freezer - no problem. Menards told us to contact their claims service regarding our loss of food since the freezer was less than a year old and under warranty. I filled out the necessary forms and provided pictures of the blood leaking out of the freezer.

Three weeks later after filing my claim I was contacted by a rude claims adjuster named Jerry who stood firmly that they would not cover our loss of product. I contacted Menards after my conversation with Jerry, and Menards basically threw up their hands and said "well if he says it's not covered there's nothing we can do." I will be returning the freezer. I would have taken a fraction of my estimated food loss cost just as a peace offering - but no compensation. Just because of their poor customer service, I would NEVER recommend Menards brand of appliances. Ever.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

Placed an order April 9th. Looking at the order update today the 16th of April and it still says on order. Painfully slow order/shipping. This part is for a toilet that they sell and have in stock. The American Standard Vormax! It does not use a normal flapper assembly but a unique assembly that they don't carry for this toilet in their store! No flapper will work except the proprietary flapper from American Standard! Guess it is my fault for not checking if they sold parts for their toilets they sell! This is the Independence Missouri store! Amazon had them for a few dollars more. They would have been here already and installed!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was searching for an item online on the 7th, I found that Menards had a fair price and they had a delivery date of the tenth with free shipping. I ordered the item, as soon as I did the dated changed and now said it would ship on the tenth. I opened another window and verified that it stated that it would be delivered by the tenth, and it did. I sent them an email to say that it was not right to advertise a delivery date right up until they get my credit card info, and then change the date (bait & switch). I did not get a response until the ninth, even though they took the money from my account immediately, which just said, "we will be cancelling your order." I emailed back stating that I had not asked for it to be cancelled, and that I would like to talk to someone, they refused to talk. Later I received an email with a link to reorder. Horrible to bait & switch, and horrible service to refuse to talk to customers.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I need to start by saying I have never written a review; however, my experience was so shocking I am compelled to document the occurrence. I was at the Livonia, MI store on Middlebelt Road on April 9, 2018 looking for a Schlage single cylinder deadbolt combination and keyed entry. There was a sale sign indicating an amount of $34.98; however, because the various boxes were not in their proper spots, I had to verify which box had the proper SKU number to coincide with the price. It needs to be noted that there was only one sale sign in this area.

When I confirmed that I had the proper box with the SKU number matching $34.98, I proceeded to checkout. The cashier told me the price was $49. I asked her to check confidently explaining the time I took to ensure that I had selected the product matching the SKU for the sale. She had someone check and after waiting over 5 minutes, I was told that it was not $34.98. I went back to get the sale sign myself for the cashier and was SHOCKED TO SEE THAT THE SIGNAGE HAD BEEN CHANGED.

I asked to speak with a store manager, who at first said there was nothing he could do. When I told him he needed to at least look into it, he told me he had to go by what the signage says now. If I hadn't spent so much time verifying the SKU number on the sale sign with the item I wanted to purchase, I may have thought that I made a mistake. I had to remove the sale sign in order to read the SKU numbers on the signage. When I went back to check the price myself, the signage was so different that I thought I was in the wrong aisle. Aside from the sale sign for the item I wanted to purchase being gone, there were now two different sale signs. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT MENARDS AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have emailed Menards 3 times about an order I placed online because store one had 1 in stock. I have not received a reply or status of order placed March 24, 2018. It has been over 2 weeks... I have since checked other stores in a 20 mile area of my home and Racine, WI., Antioch, IL., Gurnee, IL., Vernon Hills, IL. All have 7 to 23 of the item I ordered in stock. I wish to cancel order. (2 weeks is ridiculous for a normal stock item and no reply or update.)

Original review: April 3, 2018

Purchased a Generac GP8000 generator new and in the box for 1000$. Got it home, assembled it and when I started it the recoil blew up. I called the Menards store in Mount Pleasant Michigan, talked to store manager who said he would not exchange it, I would have to take it to a warranty center. This is not something I should have to put up with, this is a factory defect and they should have to deal with it. Avoid buying any power equipment from Menards.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Today my daughter and I went to store 3142 in Fort Wayne IN to purchase a new smoker for the upcoming holiday weekend. We found a smoker. After back and forth texts with my husband decided on the Bradley smoker displayed price of 379$. We took it up to get checked out only to find out it's priced at 700$. The store manager called the GM who said he would do 499$. But the displayed price was 379$. I have pictures. Nowhere was there a price for 700$ for any of the smokers. Now I do believe this falls under the bait and switch, which is illegal.

We left. It is not my fault that it was mispriced, I should have received the displayed price. I have been a cardholder of Menards since we moved down here from Michigan. I am highly disappointed in latest customer service. I hope to hear from someone by Friday when we will be going to Lowe's to purchase our smoker for the weekend.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I rented a truck earlier today, and the associate - Kerrin - from West Lafayette IN was so helpful!! The associate assisted me in using my iPhone to locate my auto insurance card from my email. She was so patient & made the experience a breeze. I just wanted to let someone know.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I made a large purchase from this company on a Saturday evening 3/10/18 and realized the following morning 3/11/18 that it was not what I wanted. I immediately attempted to find a phone number to call them to cancel my order - but there was no phone number!!! That was the first sign that I was dealing with a shady business. I then had to email their "customer service" dept. with my request to cancel my order. This request was made within 24 hours of original purchase. They proceeded to tell me that they could not cancel my order because it had already shipped. I could send the items back but I would have to pay the return shipping costs!

First of all, common sense would dictate that if you place an online order on a Saturday night, it has clearly not shipped by Sunday morning! Especially if part of the order was to be shipped via USPS (it's not even open on the weekend!). So they just flat out lie to their customers. I then contacted FedEx on Monday morning and instructed them not to ship the order. The order was refused and returned to Menards. The other portion of the order that was to ship USPS, I was unable to to stop delivery but I did refuse it once it arrived at my door on Friday evening.

All items were returned to Menards. I have not once been contacted about my refund. I got so frustrated about this whole ordeal that I contacted my bank and filed a dispute. Now Menards will have the bank and Visa to contend with. Oh... And I also reported them to the BBB. Be advised, these people are thieves - do not do business with them. I hope there will be consequences for this company. They need some serious help in the customer service dept. They are not willing to help the customer at all which is just a bad business model. Secondly, they should obviously not be lying to their clients about order status. If a customer wishes to cancel an order within 24 hours, this should be honored - no questions asked. Lastly, there should always be a physical telephone number to reach someone in person to handle issues. In this day and age, there is no excuse for this.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service that I did not receive in this ordeal, I have went and purchased a cabinet/ vanity... I returned the damaged product to Menards, picked up the replacement and when I get back to my destination the replacement is more damage than the one that I just returned prior... I called and spoke with what was supposed to be the general manager name Nick **. He was not very helpful at all. He was quite nasty with me over the phone and kept over talking and would not let me speak. Never made my situation any better. All it done was cost me more money in the long run because of their mess up.

Up now I can understand going to a store and receiving a product that's damaged one time but not two times in a row and they choose to do nothing but yet they will deliver it to me the next day which does me hardly any good because I'm paying a contractor by the hour and my contractor Works Around the Clock... So I guess I have to eat 24 hours of contract work that I cannot afford because Menards wants to be unhelpful, rude and nasty. BTW they hung up the phone on me several times before I could even get my point across. 259.99 cents is no small amount to play with. Plus I had spent 3000 dollars at this store in Richmond Indiana for the last week. I'll be taking my business elsewhere...and I suggest that you folks do the same if you do not want to get burnt.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Checked out the toilets and wanted one that has the pressure assist flush, upon looking and seeing what is out there, I knew the American Standard would fit just fine. It's a good toilet, especially with the strong flush that the pressure assist gives. I went ahead and ordered it on the 21st on February. Waited a week, but nothing was showing that the toilet was ordered, funny that after was had been in there that the display now showed order placed and on its way. But this kept showing for another 5 days, then today the 10th of March, it showed the toilet as being placed on order as if it was just ordered. I went back to Menards and asked to see what was wrong, no one knew what was wrong, one person told me I wasn't giving it enough time, but how was it supposed to ship in one day since the following day is Sunday.

I started out at the front desk and then told to go to the plumbing desk, so had to wait there till someone became available, luckily someone saw me and was kind enough to help me, again I was told I had to go to another desk, again I waited. I became frustrated enough to where I decided to just cancel the whole order and go elsewhere. Yeah, the toilet was cheap at Menards, but what good is it when they cant get it when I'm told it will be there? The person at the return desk informed me there was a 25% charge for restock fee, for something they never even got. Makes me mad that I had to pay a 25% restock fee on something just to get my money back, cause they sure acted like they didn't want to bother helping me in finding out why my order got all messed up. I took the refund and bit the loss for the restock fee.

It does not take 3 weeks to get a toilet that can be ordered, why is it that I went to Home Depot, that the same toilet can be ordered and come in within 6 to 11 days. I asked them about any restock fee if it doesn't show, and nope, no restock fee for an item if it doesn't show up. they gladly cancel out an order and give all your money back. Guess what Menards, I'm done buying from you, my local Home Depot will be getting my business. I will make sure everyone I know knows about your practice of charging that ridiculous fee for an item you never even have. Upon returning home, I noticed that the return receipt does not match my original receipt, same SKU numbers and price, I got back what I would if it would have been the right receipt, but whoever ordered that toilet will now have their order all messed up. I didn't order an Eljer toilet, I ordered an American Standard toilet.

Why do you have the SKU for an American Standard and Eljer? Really makes me wonder about this place. You knew darn well that the toilet I ordered would not be in by Monday when it shows it was just put on order. Home Depot it is, they seemed so happy to make me happy and satisfy my needs, went out of their way to make sure the order was right. A bit more in price, but at least I know I can get the toilet I want in a decent amount of time. I waited just about 3 weeks, but they say I never gave it enough time, but why did the order show it was in delivery and then disappear? What about this ripoff 25% restock fee of items I cant even get and you don't have the item I spent my money on to get. It's like having to pay to get my own money back for something I was promised I would have by now.

Not one person could even find out where this item went, they didn't even want to take the time to find out cause they were too busy they claimed. It's ok, I went to Home Depot, I ordered one there, it will be in within 6 to 14 days, much sooner than Menards' promises. No restock fee at Home Depot if it shouldn't come for some reason like the one at Menards. Never again will I order from Menards, not with this crazy way of charging a 25% restock fee when they cant even get what you ordered. Home Depot doesn't charge that. Looks like there will be another unhappy Menards customer by the receipt they gave me back, it's for an Eljer toilet, same price as the American Standard I ordered, but at least I learned my lesson and got out of ordering from this place. Good luck to whoever ordered the Eljer toilet, I have your receipt.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We are remodeling our house. We have spend close to 10,000 by now at Menards. We rented a truck to pick up a tub surround from Menards but when we opened it; it was the wrong one. This is very heavy and I am unable to help my spouse move it and why should I have to. It was a special order. I asked for Menards to deliver free of charge my expected one and take the wrong one back. I was told no. They would let me borrow a truck; but first I had to pay the rental. What the heck. They made the mistake but don't have to make it right. I now have to wait and see if I get the order again. I have no way of getting it here. Not sure what will happen but I would shop anywhere but Menards. They don't have good customer service and they just lost our business.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Menards says 11% discounts. We went and spent over 2000.00 because of the 11% lie. Don't fall for it or depend on it. I flip homes and go without the thought of getting fake discount. I go to the best deals without the discounts. Menards will more than likely give a discount if you have a 50.00 dollars purchase. We still didn't get ours and it’s been over 90 days.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Purchased some lumber online because their site showed a discounted amount for a given period. Even though I had placed my order 3 weeks before the offer was posted to expire I was charged the regular price. When I spoke with them about it I was told their site didnt get updated and they would not honor the discounted price as posted when I ordered. Evidently Menards has little concern for customer satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Product (Lumber) had a lot of damage and no others were available. Only want to discount less than 20%, said that cost. We both know you will never sell the piece of plywood at cost. Offered to buy at 50%. I believe that was a fair price. No veterans discount either. I went to Home Depot where I bought a thick piece for $3.00 cheaper and not damaged. I save over $12 total on my order. Thanks to your unfriendly staff for that. I will probably never shop there if I can help it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Building a house and spent, so far, $15,000 to $20,000. Ordered cabinets, countertop, and cupboards on December 14, 2017. Estimated delivery date of December 28, 2017. Counter arrived, but no cabinets or cupboards. No call from Menards on delay. Called Menards and was told by two different employees that the delay was due to a Christmas shutdown by the supplier and the new date was the week of January 11, 2018. When asked why they didn't know about the shutdown or delay, since they have the relationship with the vendor, they told me it was just an estimate and they do the best they can. Swallowed hard and said ok, but if I had known it would be 5 weeks, I would have checked other options for this purchase. January 12th and still no word from Menard's so I called them and was told the items that I ordered were in.

I went to Menards on Saturday morning to arrange delivery of the kitchen package and additional items. By paying $119 instead of $59, the delivery coordinator said they would deliver all items inside on Tuesday January 16, 2018 between 7 am and noon. Around noon the box truck delivered most of the items, but I was shorted 1 of the base cabinets, 2 sheets of drywall, and the quartz countertops. The delivery driver, Chris, assured me the countertops would be there later in the day on the flatbed and he would find out about the other items. Nothing came on that day. I called the store near the end of business on January 16, 2018 and asked to speak to the store manager. Larry got on the phone and I asked if he was the number 1 guy in charge of the store and he said yes. I explained that I needed the base cabinet in order to install the countertops.

He said the cabinet was shipped to Muncie by mistake and they would pick it up and deliver all to me the next day, Wednesday January 17, 2018. On Wednesday about 1:30 in the afternoon the last cabinet and the missing drywall showed up, but no countertops. Once again, Chris the delivery driver, said it would be coming on the flatbed and the delivery coordinator would be calling. I asked him to remind the store that I needed the countertops as I would be going out of town for 4 days. No calls and no delivery the rest of the day. January 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st there was no call from anybody. Back in town on Monday January 22nd, I drove to the store to set up the delivery. I asked to speak to Larry the store manager. I was informed Larry was not the store manager, but an assistant.

Finally, Chris **, the store General Manager arrived and I told him my story and said I needed the item delivered that day or I would be canceling the order and returning everything else. He said I had a bad attitude and would not respond to my ultimatum... his words. Yes, me, the customer that has spent many thousands of dollars and relied on his staff for accurate delivery information, accurate shipping capabilities, etc... had a bad attitude. He said they do not deliver inside and could not help me. When asked why his people charged me extra for inside delivery, he had no answer. When I asked for his supervisor's name, he said he didn't have one and walked away. This is where I find out it isn't just Chris ** and his staff are lacking in customer service skills, but it is throughout the entire culture of Menards.

I went to the parking lot and called Menards corporate offices. I was sent, 3 times, to a recorded message about writing a complaint letter. I asked to talk with any supervisor and was denied. I asked for any supervisor's email or phone number and was denied. I asked if I could leave my name, number, and email address for a supervisor to call me and was denied. Ultimately, I made three trips in my van in a 3-hour period and returned all items, including those that were yet to be delivered weeks late. I was only given a partial refund. They kept around $400 as a restocking fee. I have since heard from their attorney as they want me to take down a website I created called menardsstinks.com and that ain't going to happen!

If they fail, you will still pay and you won't be able to talk with anyone about it. Please think about that before you give them your hard-earned money for empty promises and rudeness. I did ultimately give the manager, Chris **, a hearty ** and have since been trespassed from the store, That's right, after I said I wouldn't be shopping there again, they said I couldn't come back. Like being fired a minute after you resign. These folks are like the lumber mafia. Feel free to contact me at menardsstinks.com and I will be happy to add your story to the list.

Others need to know of their no customer service policy. If you are aware of any crimes being committed by John Menard Jr., Chris **, or any other Menards employees, please contact me. Theft, embezzlement, pedophilia, discrimination, etc... I want to hear about all of it. That's right, if you know that John Menard Jr. is a pedophile or any other unsavory or illegal behavior, I want to know and the world deserves to know. These folks are like a gang!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Back in Sept I spent almost $2500 at Menards for roofing materials. I filled out the rebate form and mailed it to where they said to mail it to. MONTHS go by never got anything. I sent them emails, letters telling them about this matter. Checked online. Said it was issued Nov 2017 but never received it. They said they would issue another one. Still have not received it. I called Menards Corp office and the lady on the phone said she couldn't look on the computer to see what was going on. That I would have to mail a letter explaining the problem. What? I just told her the problem. So I wrote the letter. No response from Menards Corp office either. This was 2 weeks ago. What's this? Another scam. Never received my 11% rebate.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I bought my appliances at Menards in Beaver Dam last September 2017: Washing Machine, Dryer, and other appliances because of the rebate of 11%. Now, it's already January 2018 and I haven't receive any cent of the said rebate. I spoke to the customer service at the store, she told me to keep on calling and to fax my receipts. Are you kidding me? Looks like the rebate program is a bluff!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I ordered on an online order and it came in 3 separate packages and one required shipping due upon receipt. I prepaid $35 for shipping on all items on a $100 order already. They sent an item damaged and I’m still trying to get my extra postage back I had to pay and item returned they I received damaged. They are not helping me. They just send useless emails. Worst customer service ever and I can’t even talk to anyone on the phone. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I purchased roughly $135 worth of items from them a week ago. I paid $47 with a Gift Card/In Store Credit and roughly $93 was Cash. I returned one of the items worth $109, due to having received a similar item as a gift for Christmas, so I thought I'd return the item I had just purchased myself. When I went to return the item Menards forced a $47 gift card on me prior to receiving the difference in cash for the item.

Even though they scanned the Gift Card/Merchandise Credit first at checkout, and paid the difference in cash, they forced the Gift Card BACK on me prior to receiving my Cash Back. Their receipt reflects that the Gift Card was tendered last. This is how they get you! This is how they scam their customers. They force you to repurchase items in their store instead of giving you Cashback for purchases where you paid with both. Do not do business with them! Don't say you weren't warned.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Accidentally picked-up a nail gun instead of a stapler. When I went to return it Duane an employee didn't want to exchange it. I told him I would need to speak with someone who could help me. He started asking me if I was threatening him. I Told him, "No. Just needed someone that was going to help me." After several times of telling me I was threatening him. He reluctantly gave me in store credit. No one should have to put up with that kind of service. I will probably think twice about shopping there again!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I bought items online. The pickup is in the rear of the store. I took the items from rear of store to front of store. Never left the store. Never opened the items. Was charged 15% to return them. Horrible place to return items. I manage properties. You have to return everything to manufacture for warranty. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Expensive Oak Wooden Floor was purchased at Menards, installed by SuperFast Flooring including 50 years warranty. After a year, the coating started to peel, scratch, and flake, so we filed a claim and it was denied, saying it was our fault. I spoke to the staff on the phone to honor the 50 years warranty and they refused and hung up the phone. They are trying to rationalize the situation to get away with it, so spend your money where the company will not lie and steal your money.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have had the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had from this store and its management team. I ordered a Vanity top for my bathroom on 9-30-17. When it came in the holes were drilled wrong. So we went back to the store and asked the Manager on duty in that department, "What could be done to get this back in a timely fashion since we have waited 4 weeks to get this one," he said he would call the vendor and get back to me, but it may be faster to credit this one that is wrong and place a new order and let them know that they made a mistake and he needs this vanity back in a couple weeks.

I never received the phone follow-up back from Robert as promised, so I called back the following day to get news of what he figured out. He tells me that it will ship and be in the store by 11-17-17, this did not happen, I never got a follow from the store to tell me if the vanity made it in on Friday 11-17-17 so I called and asked to speak to Robert. He then states that the vanity top will not be in the store till the 11-27-17, at this time I very upset!!! I ask Robert to follow up with me the day drops in the store so that I can get it in.

Needless to say this did not happen. So my wife then gets a email saying the vanity will be in on the 27th and I can pick it up. I go to the store and 6:00 pm and wait 1 hour and 30 mins for the agents to find this vanity top, when I get it home the vanity top is the wrong color and now has no holes in it. So I call back to the store and asked for Robert. I explained to him that this one is not only the wrong color but has no holes drilled into it, he never once apologized, he said there is nothing he could do expedite this. Basically he was trying to blow me off and offered no type of resolve and that all he could do is reorder and he could not give me a lead time on how long this would take, I then asked for the General manager's name and that he should try calling him that night and explain the situation and see if he could do something about this and have him call me first thing in the morning on 11-28-17.

I receive a call from the general manager Kevin **. He asked what he could do and I explained the issue again. And begged him to get this right and get this vanity back to me in two weeks and as a leader of a store he should work on coaching his Management team on how to deal with upset customers when it clear I only want what's right, nothing extra, nothing taken off the price. Just get it to me in two weeks so I can get this done before Christmas now.

I also sent him photos of the vanity showing that it was clearly the wrong one and that I dont think I being unreasonable about this and that this vendor need to fix this and get it back to me in the two weeks I'm now requesting, so he says he would do this and then has a young lady the next day from the department call me and let me know that he has sent emails and that I will have the vanity back by 12-13-17.

I realized that I had not heard from anyone on the 12-13-17 so I email Kevin today, he has Stan from that department call me and let me know that this vanity will not be in till after Christmas. I asked to speak to Kevin, he tell me he has done all he can do and I can wait for it or just stop the order, I told him he has not done all he can do, he said "Are you calling me a liar?" I said "No, but you can get this next day air." He said because of the size and weight that this not possible and begun to be very rude and said "If you dont like this then you can go elsewhere!"

This manager is very rude and felt it ok to talk down to me as if I am stupid, he obviously cannot see from the customer's side on this. I deal with clients every day and no we are not perfect here either, but we do understand that if it is not something the customer did to cause the problem we fix it without question and do what we need to do to make the experience better.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Obtained a rebate form #4700 from store manager. Rebate #4700 is an in store adjustment rebate and the form can only be printed in the store. It is not available for print online. Manager informed me to fill out form, attach original receipts and mail in to receive an 11% rebate. Sent this form in with several others. All other rebates processed EXCEPT Rebate #4700. Inquired by email to Menards Customer Service regarding the #4700 rebate. Customer service responded by informing me that requests for information would only delay the rebate. Sent a reply stating that I was sorry to "bother" them. Received an email a day later from another service rep offering to assist. After two additional weeks I made another inquiry. Received the standard reply of "requesting information" would only delay the rebate. I responded previous inquiries. Produced no result.

A day later another service rep contacted me and offered to help. They asked that I provide them with the receipts and another form. I responded by telling them the manager told me to include the original sales receipt when I turned in the form because it was an "in store adjustment" the 11% rebate was not listed on the bottom of the receipt and that is why originals would have to be mailed along with the form. I informed the service rep that form #4700 was submitted at the same time as several others and all the rebates were issued with the exception of #4700. Finally realizing the In Store Adjustment is nothing more than a scam and further inquiries would be useless I informed the service rep I will be more than willing to provide, in the spring, a receipt for all materials related to a multilevel deck and sun room. Unfortunately, for Menards, that receipt will be from Home Depot. I doubt I will hear back from Menards anytime soon.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We just finished remodeling our kitchen. Some of items we bought were on the 11% rebate. We mailed in the rebates each time we purchased an item that was on this promotion. We have gotten all the rebates but the biggest one we turned in. When I went to research it, it was not showing up in their system. I called the local Menards and was told there were 3 possible explanations: 1. I mailed the rebate to the wrong address. 2. I entered my address incorrectly. 3. The typical answer-the mail lost it.

Let me just say I have their address saved on my computer and print the label each time. And since this is the first rebate I haven't gotten, that excuse doesn't work. As for my returned address, it hasn't changed in 30 years. I'm ready to start the next house project which is to remodel the bathroom and have been waiting on this rebate. If Menards is willing to lose thousands of dollars on future sales for a lousy 278.00 rebate, they obviously don't want or need my business.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Purchased over $2000 worth of merchandise during the Menards 11% rebate on everything sale. Been 6 months have yet to receive the rebate. Would have been cheaper to go somewhere else. My bad for not keeping a copy of the receipt and rebate, still why should a consumer have to keep track of something that a business advertises.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Purchased a paint sprayer that was defective. Returned it 2 hours later to be told that it was the manufacturer's problem. They would not exchange or refund my money. Staff was rude!!! Buyer beware if you purchase from this chain, you will not get a refund if the item comes with a manufacturer's warranty. I will not shop at any Menards.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Again went to S. Side Menards and the 5 things they had on sale, WERE NOT on the shelf! I've been told that they had no time to get them out if I'm the first one there at 6:30 a.m. so That they're all sold out already if I come at 9a.m. It's a Joke! True Value might cost more but WORTH IT!

Menards Company Information