2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.3/5 (364 ratings)

About Menards

Menards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Menards?

Original review: June 27, 2021

Purchased some rock tile they advertised in the store at the Elkhart Menards. Of course only one box in store. So they ordered it in and told me would arrive on June 8th. It never made it to the store until June 27. Had installers ready so I had to purchase something else because it arrived late. Took the rock back because it took so long and has to pay a 25% restocking fee. Even asked them if I could have in store credit and that was a No. I will shop somewhere else!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Do not purchase the extended protection plans, they are a total scam. They cover nothing. I specifically asked when purchasing the two chairs about damage caused by dogs and was assured that the chairs would be replaced. When I tried to file a claim, I was told that damage by dogs is not covered, only stains. If the chair is stained by the animal, they will send you a cleaning product. The chairs are squeaking terribly when they rock. That is also not covered. In fact, nothing is covered. I was purposefully lied to in order to get me to purchase the two plans for $300. Never again. Lowes and Home Depot here I come!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was excited to see a new hardware store competing with Home Depot and Lowe's when it arrived in our area. I have now done business with this location and am disgusted by the true lack of service I receive when doing business with this location. Example: Online order for 6 x 12 x 8 pressure-treated lumber. The lumber was terrible quality, and because I wasn't taking that item, your staff thought it was appropriate to tell me to take my car already loaded with lumber to customer service on the other side of the store to correct the order. Really? No, that is the staff's job to do.

Example: I purchased an exterior 1/2 light door with window that opens that should have a screen in it. Picked up on 6/6/21, installed on 6/15/21. Discovered after the installation by my contractor that the screen is missing. So, how does Menards staff handle this? They tell me to run after the manufacturer to get the screen that should have been with the door to begin with. No, that is the staff's job. Not the customer who spent over $360 for that door. This company's service is infinitely worse than Home Depot. They should be ashamed of this store.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I placed an order on for a gift card for my father's birthday. I contacted customer service within 7 minutes of placing this order, because I missed a number off on the address and Menards changed the city without my knowledge. I asked them if they could correct the address.. I contacted 30 minutes later stating they would attempt to cancel, but could not change the address. I contacted them back 2 hours later and no response. A hour later, I contacted the main office, only to be told they will look into it. I signed back into my account and it showed shipped. 10 hours later, I have contacted the company 3 times, no response, no actions. I am out $50. However they are out a loyal customer. Lowe's will now have all my business.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Menards offers an 11% rebate on its ONLINE site that in the fine print turns out only able to be used IN-STORE. How stupid! So I'm supposed to drive from Texas to Missouri to use an 11% discount. So what they are doing is using a rebate as a tool to gain sales knowing that the vast majority of their nationwide customers will never be able to use their rebate. Blatantly dishonest. I reached out to Menards to ask if they would honor the rebate for a new order of $200 but they declined to do the right thing. So they will not be getting my business.

Original review: May 20, 2021

This is by far the worst company I've ever purchased anything from and I've purchased from China and third world countries. Story goes as follows: I bought some items from them, I received a tracking number and a few days later my items showed up. I figured okay, I can buy more items from them so I did. Received my tracking number xyz for my new purchased and it came a few days later but it was missing 2 rollers. No big deal right? Wrong. I sent them an email on 04/11 because of course they don't have a phone number you can call (should've been my first sign). I received a reply on the 15th that they were going to resend me the whole track system again and that tracking number will soon follow. I immediately replied and told them that there was no need to send the whole order, just send me the missing rollers.

On the 20th I received my tracking number but guess what? It was again xyz (second sign) but I didn't noticed that trick until 05/05 so I again emailed them to let them know that I hadn't received my missing pieces and that they have me the same tracking number once again. On the 6th they replied with the "correct shipping information" but again it was xyz (third sign) but I once again trusted that it was a new number... wrong... 05/20 I emailed them once I realized that I still don't have my missing pieces and that they again gave tracking number xyz. This time I wasn't as nice but they were quick to reply so I was happy about the quick reply only to find out that the tracking number was once again... you guessed it, xyz.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Almost paid $37 for $12 order. 3 same items, 2 separate shipping charges, 2 items for $7 and 1 item $10 to to ship to home and $7 processing fee. It's a ripoff and no need for the fee and separate shipping.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Menards has terrible customer service. Ordered a storm door and handle online. Picked up the items at the store and come to find handle is Bent, tried to exchange handle and they give me one that has been opened and returned. So ordered one online and received wrong handle and still waiting on a reply from customer service. Can't believe how terrible Menards is.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Menards in Lebanon, Indiana - The workers in the main store are great, but the short guy cashiering and the FOUR managers waiting at the front treat customers terribly! Don't shop here unless you want to be bullied and shouted down! Going to Tractor Supply from now on... they are actually nice to their customers.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I brought an item to return for a credit check that I bought and paid for and they took the item and said it was a high theft item and since I didn't have a receipt they were going to keep it unless I could come up with the receipt. This is nothing short of criminal theft by taking an item that I bought in the store out of my hands. I was able to prove I bought it and received my credit slip with much to do. I am reporting this to the Attorney General Consumer Fraud and starting a class action lawsuit. Don't do business with this unscrupulous, unethical company!

Menards Company Information