2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5
Based on 3,178 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Macy's Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2020

I like going to Macy’s to buy certain types of jewelry, I have been going there for years and I always seem to find beautiful things there, I had bought my daughter gorgeous earrings and a matching ring too. That was 5 years ago and the earrings and the ring still look great. I have a lot of necklaces that I bought there too and a few rings. They hold up so well too. I do like going there because the people are always helpful.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When I go to Macy's looking for a certain style or color they usually have what I want. When you need someone help the workers are very knowledgeable about the company's products. When I leave Macy's I have a big smile on my face and I don't feel like I spend the whole day not getting what I want. If they don't have the items I want they would order it for me and I can choose to pick it up there or have it deliver.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Our recently shopped at Macy's and I went in for jewelry, but I came out with a new handbag. I like shopping at Macy's because even though they're pretty pricey, I always find a good deal there... I'm on a budget but I still try to treat myself whenever I can. I found a great bag at a great price. I would definitely recommend Macy's to anyone... And don't hesitate to stop by the clearance or the last act section of the store..

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was looking for a certain brand of jeans, and even though the store carried the brand, I could not find the exact style of the jeans I wanted. The cashier told me they could order them, and about 4 days later I was able to pick up the exact jeans I wanted at the store. A few weeks later, I needed a mother-of-the-bride dress, and I found a beautiful dress. The cashier told me that the store was going to have a sale a few days later, and if I wanted, they could hold the dress for me, and charge me the sale price if I returned when the actual sale was in effect. I really appreciated her telling me this--I saved quite a bit of money that way.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Having moved to a new apartment in a new state; I needed furniture. I started shopping the Stonecrest Macy's Furniture Store, GA in hopes of finding something to ship to Florida. I walked in to Stonecrest location and met Justine. She was the only one on the floor. She handled the day and customers like a pro. She made me feel like I was the only customer in the store and I see that she made others feel the same. She's attentive, knows the products and most importantly understood the company's policies and was able to confidently provide the information and assurance I needed.

When I moved to Florida and decided to move forward with the order; Justine handled the order online and made everything so seamless. We knew what to expect every step of the way and things were handled exactly as she proposed. Working with Justine made my Macy's shopping experience a breeze and made a a return customer. I think I will call Justine when I'm ready to furnish the rest of my apartment. I liked her way of working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: July 1, 2020

NEVER USE MACY'S FURNITURE DELIVERY. I ordered two beds and two box springs to be delivered. I used a debit card for payment which I understood would be processed after delivery. First delivery date was set - numerous emails, texts and voicemails confirmed the date and delivery window - all saying repeatedly that drivers would call when they were on their way. Day of delivery came and no one called and no one showed up. We waited hours and hours. I called Macy’s furniture and delivery at least 5 times that day and the answer was “they’re on their way” but they simply NEVER SHOWED. Called next day to try to reschedule.... The woman was super apologetic and said she’d call me back within an hour and that she was arranging a special delivery. She never called back. I did however get an email confirmation saying special delivery had been arranged for the next day but the email had the wrong address.

I called Macy’s again to confirm address. Customer service rep said they had to do the address change manually but the drivers had the right info. NOPE! Again, they never showed for the second delivery date and never even called. Next day I called to cancel the beds which they assured me they would do no problem, and that they’d send me an email confirmation. Never got the email, and guess what - today we got notice from our bank that we were overdrawn because MACYS HAD CHARGED OUR ACCOUNT for the beds - approximately $2600. We had bought beds at a different place so this Macy’s charge overdrew our checking account by over $2k.

Called Macy’s again. Frantic because our account was now so overdrawn. Was kept on hold for an hour, then finally told that they would reverse the charge but it would take 48 hours. I have never encountered a company and group of people SO INCOMPETENT - it was such a fiasco that at times I thought I was being punked. It was hands down THE WORST customer experience I’ve ever had. They wasted so much of my time, they cost us money and NEVER AT ANY TIME did someone apologize for the horrible experience. NOT ONCE did anyone offer anything remotely compensatory. I’ve heard they are going out of business and I can absolutely see why.

Original review: June 30, 2020

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE!!!! My mall finally opened up yesterday so I was originally going to do curbside pickup as online had stated the item was in stock at that location. But, I figured before purchasing online, I'll just go in and try my shoes on 1st. (Display was a different color) so I had asked the lady if she could grab the one in my size & color desired from the back.

She finally came out after about 15mins to inform me that the shoes I wanted are not in stock, which confused me but it was what it was so, I said okay and walked out. But, then I said to my boyfriend that it doesn't seem right because online said that the item was in store at that location. So, I went back in and spoke with a gentleman who also confirmed the item shows it's in stock but the box they have is empty. He continued to explain that it could've been the display pair & someone may have sold them without the box and never took off the inventory. Again makes no sense but whatever. So, he pressured me into buying online. I kept saying I wanted expedited shipping and will pay whatever cost just to have them by the time needed. He said yes no problem at all. He even waived the shipping fee due to the inconvenience. Sounded great right!!!

But, it wasn't until later when I looked at my receipt that It stated standard shipping with a later date of coarse. So, I attempted to call customer support to change the shipping and was unable to get ahold of someone. So, I tried again today (3 different phones going by the way) to be on hold for 3hours with NO ONE to speak with. Now I'm starting to lose my patience. So, I reached out to the store specifically, spoke with a representative who informed me that I was not able to change anything through them & it can only be done online myself or by calling customer support.

After 2 days of trying to speak with someone and after 3 hours of a continuous hold, I was not going to call back customer support to get nowhere. I also explained that I was unable to access my order online as it was not recognizing my email address. So I even asked if they could confirm the email since I never received a confirmation to begin with and stated that the gentleman most likely took down the wrong email. She refused to confirm. Now my patience is running thin. So, I asked to speak with a supervisor to help and she refused to do so. Well, there went my patience and now I just want to cancel my order completely. Finally, I got a number to call a supervisor ONLY to be told the only way to change/cancel is to do it online myself or call customer service & there's nothing they can do for me. I even asked if I could come in store today with my receipt & c/c to get my refund and of course the same response.

I have worked in retail & NEVER EVER heard of such nonsense to cancel an order!!!! EVER!!!! So, what would've happened if I had made the order for curbside to begin with. I would've driven there to only be told they don't have my order. This is completely unacceptable!!!! So, since Macy's is a piece of shit. I called my bank to dispute it and purchased my item elsewhere! ** YOU MACY'S!!!! I will no longer purchase anything through this company.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I ordered some Cargo Shorts for my husband for Father's day on June 10th. Waited awhile and then tracked the order and it was sent to Minnesota not Maryland. Called and was on hold for 35 minutes and finally talked to a person who said you got them. When I explained that we did not and that they were sent to Minnesota, she said you signed for it.

Finally after a few attempts she said, "OH we will send you another pair," well there went Father's day, but that was ok, she said they would be here 3 to 6 days. Not here. Was just on hold for one hour and 35 minutes, no one ever picked up, the shorts are not here and there is not one thing I can do. Don't want to order another pair even though they are now $30 less, they then would probably bill me twice and I would have to go through hours trying to straighten that out. I am cancelling my Macy's card and will never, never purchase anything online with them. We all understand that staff is cut back, but Macy's still have 24/7 on their website for customer care. That is a laugh. Other stores have hold times but not like Macy's.... Customer Service is non existent.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I have to ask if the CEO of Macy's have read any of the reviews that recently have been posted. Can someone please tell me how a store that large can sell product but yet have no customer service in place? They don't even have online customer service in place? They have an automated response on your email to say no one will be reviewing this email. They have no one in customer service and they're using covid-19 as an excuse! Do not buy from Macy's and Macy's should not sell product if they cannot man customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I was never ever successful to place an order on Macy's.com. The order always gets canceled either immediately or a day later. I tried different cards, different addresses, I even made a whole new Macy's card. They just keep canceling my orders. I'm so done with Macy's. I'm never shopping there again. My only question is, why did I keep trying so many times? Especially when there's Amazon, who actually have customer service. Macy's is going bankrupt, they're being undermined by companies like Amazon, and they know that. So why the higher-ups in Macy's are not making sure that people are happy with their company is beyond me. By Macy's, I'm glad you never actually made a dollar off me.

Macy's Company Information