Macy's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After purchasing an engagement ring, before returning to the UK I was assured that my ring could be resized, in the UK. However, due to the poor quality of the gold and the diamond, several highly reputable jewellers have refused to alter it, for fear that the ring could collapse and the diamond (heavily flawed) could split! Ironically we avoided the diamond district in NY for fear of being conned. I have tried to contact someone to arrange for Macy's to alter it but I am still waiting for Customer Service to contact me. Just BEWARE of this as it is very upsetting having a very expensive engagement ring that I can't wear.

Ordered designer purses as Christmas gifts from Macy's since they seemed to offer good prices. Huge disappointment! I had an impression that I got merchandise from a second-hand store: price on price tags marked out with black marker or torn, bags just thrown into one box without even plastic bags, scuffs on the bags, quality of bags is like from an outlet, one purse is missing though listed on the receipt! Will return them all and will NEVER order from Macy's! While trying to get as much profit as possible for Black Friday and after that, they completely disregarded the quality!

I ordered 4 pairs of jeans and something else from Macy's. Jeans didn't fit so I shipped all 4 pairs in one package back for a refund. They received the package but gave me refund only for 3 pairs of jeans. I called multiple times regarding that, but they refused to give me money back for the 4th pair of jeans. I have no jeans and no money now. Worst company and customer service. They lost me as a customer. Stay away.

For Cyber Monday, I ordered several things from Macy's and after I had placed my order, I did a double check since the total seemed very high. I ordered 6 items of clothing and the total with tax was $175.90 before tax but when I added the items, the total should have been $140.91! I was shocked. I order many items online and I have never had a Shopping Basket add my items incorrectly. In addition, as I checked out, I applied some coupons so the total should have even been less but there is no way to recreate this once you have placed your order.

I called Macy's Customer Service & I had to explain my issue to the rep several times so finally he added up my items ordered and also came up with a total for $140.91. He indicated that the website was not working well since it was Cyber Monday. He did then make the correction. I asked for a number so that I could call someone at a higher level but this was beyond his level of understanding. I want someone at Corporate to know how they are taking advantage of people! Many people are very busy and wouldn't take the time to double check the total and many may be stretched for money as well. This is simply irresponsible and someone at a high level in the company needs to be accountable. My loyalty to Macy's is now gone and I don't want to shop with them anymore and I certainly will never place an online order again.

If you choose to order from Macy's online for the holiday season and you are like most of us and not extremely affluent, please know that Macy's will abuse your credit card and won't show a bit of remorse. Heck, they don't even understand how what they are doing is wrong. Here's the scam that happened to me: I ordered 12 items for Christmas from Macy's online. The total of the order was around 315 dollars. This charge appeared on my credit card immediately. Two days later I received a notice from my 'wallet' on my phone that my card had been hit again by Macy's for an additional 34 dollars.

So, assuming online fraud I called my credit card company who agreed after I explained the 315 dollar order was legit, but the 34 dollar on was not. My card company (Cap One) was VERY helpful and suggested we call Macy's together to see if they could explain the charge before we declared fraud and re issued a new number for the account.

To make a long story as short as possible I will spare you the play by play and just give you the totals. Over one hour on that call, then two more calls... Twice we were transferred to a department who couldn't help us and got transferred back. Once we were left on hold with the representative never coming back (this ended the first call). The 'correct' department features people who can barely speak English and have such thick accents that you can barely understand them, and apparently there are no managers anywhere on site. Also, their phone system is a cut rate system that distorts the calls so badly and adds so much noise to the conversation that it further degrades the ability to communicate accurately.

In the end, it appears that Macy's standard operating procedure is this... They put in a charge to your credit card for the full amount of the purchase. In my case, this put a 'hold' of 315 dollars on my card. Then, as they ship the order out piecemeal they charge you again as the items ship. BUT they don't charge it against the 'hold'. These show up as NEW additional charges. Then, at the end of the process they will eventually release the 'hold' for the original amount (it is worth noting that none of the representatives could explain this to me, but there was no end to the bogus reasons they gave for the charge. The cap one rep and I worked out what was going on during the long hold periods.)

Of course, this results in several unacceptable things: A. You have to have at least twice as much credit available on the card as the amount you want to purchase. B. If you don't and you have strict instructions with your credit card company not to approve over limit transactions, your purchases will start bouncing. C. You will be charged fees by your credit card company for exceeding your limits if the transactions are approved. D. In some cases, promotional rates that you have on previous purchases can dissolve because you are 'trying to charge more than your limit'. (this is not a problem with Cap One, but it can happen with other card issuers depending on the TOS.)

At the very least, you lose purchasing power during a very expensive and stressful season of the year. Bottom line is that Macy's sees no problem with this and this exceedingly odd and abusive method of doing business seems to be standard operating procedure for them. Additionally, their unapologetic horrible phone service is something to be avoided at all costs.

My personal suggestion is AVOID ordering anything from Macy's online and if you are an investor type, short the hell out of their stock. It is obvious this company has not learned anything from the past couple of years of losing their customer base and the associated trimming back of profits. They just don't get it. Their lack of service is astounding and they deserve the bankruptcy that is clearly in their future. Making money off them going into the dumpster will ease my annoyance at their buffoonery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

I shopped Macy's online on BLACK FRIDAY. When I got to paying for my items, I was given a notice that Macy's was having overload difficulties and to try later. I then cleared all my cookies and waited a few hours before returning to their website. At this point, I started all over again with my order, adding some and taking other things out. I then clicked the PAY NOW button and everything went through. I felt relieved until I got notice from PayPal that both orders had gone through. Not only did they go through, but Macy's put a hold on my account twice for the amount of $119.

I quickly went to Macy's front page to find their customer number and instead found their customer service email address. It clearly stated to tell them if there were any problems ordering, which I did. I asked them to DELETE the order that I was told didn't go through, and clearly stated the ORDER NUMBER. To make a long story shorter, no one contacted me. Within minutes of this email, I was notified that this order was already shipped. They had plenty of time to review the problem and correct it. Instead, they charged my Credit Card, shipped the order, and held my funds.

After this I got my dander up and wrote to their online support. The only thing that I received in return were COMPUTER GENERATED notices that my items were already shipped or my email was received and a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP would get back in touch with me. My DOUBLE CHARGE is still on PayPal and I was finally told that I would have to refuse the wrong package and when they received it back, I would be credited for it. I called UPS and had a STOP put on the delivery and the package is on its way back to Macy's.

The COMPUTER GLITCH WAS MACY'S FAULT so Macy's should have taken care of this problem themselves without putting all the stress on me, their client. I will NEVER PURCHASE from Macy's again. I always thought they had high standards and quality merchandise. Unfortunately, I found out this not to be true the hard way.

Let's start with my most recent issue, double credit card authorization holds because they decided to ship my order in two shipments. I don't know about you but like many Americans I like to use my credit cards on Black Friday, but was not expecting Macy's to lock up more than the amount I purchased. I am strongly considering starting a class action lawsuit as I can't be the only one this has happened to... And now let's move on to their phone centers and the poor service of being disconnected multiple times, and being told you're the reason the problem occurred and that they are unable to make any changes to an order after 30mins.

I was not told to verify the shipping address of my order yet I was forced to update my password and security question as my email address was link to an account that I apparently set up 10 years ago. So yeah my packages are going to my dead stepmother's house... Thanks for an absolutely wonderful shopping experience Macy's... It will BE MY LAST.

I have been regular Macy's customer for 12 years and Macy's has changed so much. Never get a guarantee that you will get the order despite the confirmation for pick up. When you arrived there the store could reject you and said order not available so would be sent later. I don't understand why sending the barcode and emailed that the order was available to pick up when it wasn't. The worst part was I found that item on shelf in that store location. I told the sale associate and the manager of the store still said my order was not available?!? The expense of me driving to pick up for nothing was a waste!

Another experience was that Macy's charged you immediately prior to pick up so upon picking up I experienced a negligence in terms of selling to new walk-in customers and let me waited for nearly an hour despite the fact that I came first. This was not the end. That same sale associate went placing back the left over items the other customer left while I was waiting. If I wasn't charged I would walk out so that ended my pick up in store purchases.

I purchased something and was confirmed of its availability. Then a few days later Macy sent out an email saying item was not available. But a week after I saw the same item was available for order online again but at a higher price? Another experience was that the last page of my order said I would get Macy money rewards but then when I was charged I realized no Macy's money rewards. I called and the sale representative said nothing could be done. The items received online was many time used and old. The online description was unclear. The word imported goods without mentioning the origin of the country made me so disappointed upon receiving. Poor quality goods. If it mentioned clearly which country I would have a clear picture before ordering. The easy return policy that Macy's advertised was not true.

I lately despite the receipts, the item was found matched my Macy's credit card, I was asked for an ID. What? You expected me to go through this returning process. I wanted to feel the pleasure of spending money and enjoying the products but whenever I shopped at Macy's I felt the pressure and stress! The sale said that in case a person returned more than once. Look if you matched my order and that item was returned how on earth I would be able to return another product using the same receipt. Are they paranoid or what? I even think Walmart is better. At least they don't keep customer original receipts or ask for an ID if you return an item with a receipt!!!

The sale associate would be nice until you started to return something. The return was such a big hassle even with a receipt, tagged on and unused. They lately keep the original copy of receipt. When I requested it back, the sale associate said it's Macy's policy to keep track whether the item was used or not. The reason I returned was the item received online was either used, old, poor quality or wrong size. Now they 're accusing customer for the used product that they sold me. I recently bought a pair of Nike for the full price over 130$. The shoes that I received was in a completely worn out box although the package that was delivered was not damaged. I perceived that as either old or used or refurbished item and that was unacceptable. I could have gotten the same quality if I bought at outlet store for much cheaper price!!

Once Macy's keeping original receipts what happen to the remaining items if I wanted those exchange or return I would be left with no receipts!! Without receipts they would treat you as criminal and would not accept the return or if they did they would not give you back the original form of payment. The best the gift card of the lowest price. If you return in store the funny thing was that they would ask you to return home items to home, clothing to clothing though they all in one receipt! Now I would leave Macy's alone. I have my choice and there is no point to spend my money for these kinds of service and goods quality. The fact that I am their elite member for all these years I still received such treatments, I am completely over with Macy's. Never again at Macy's.

I love Macy's products; however, they have some the worst customer service of any company that I have dealt with online. And I shop with a lot of companies online. Every time that I have ever tried to make a payment online with Macy's, I have had problems with it. Most of the time the Macy's site does not work. Every time that I have ever called Macy's customer service, the consultant cannot speak plain English. They can't understand what I'm saying. I get so frustrated. I end up getting transferred a lot and I usually ask to speak to a manager.

On my last encounter with Macy's, I made my payment on the 18th of the month. It was due on the 20th. I used a different checking account number. I got an email on the 24th saying that the payment did not go through. I don't know whether the numbers got transposed or what. If They couldn't tell me why the payment didn't go through.

So I called customer service, and I spoke to two people that could speak very little English. I had to repeat myself over and over and over. I recited my bank account number numerous times. They was wanting additional information which I was afraid to give them. They said that the payment went through now and they were trying to charge me a late fee. And I'm like "well you didn't let me know until the 24th that the payment didn't go through. You should have let me know earlier. Because it was paid on the 18th and wasn't due until the 20th." And they didn't let me know until the 24th and now they are trying to charge me a late fee. I am totally upset with Macy's customer service and I'm sincerely thinking about not doing any more business with them. It is too much of a hassle every time I have to call customer service for something.

I made an in-store purchase with my credit card. Later, I received the bill & immediately paid it thru my online banking. Got another bill in approx. 2 weeks that said it was past due. I called Customer Service & talked to that same woman who speaks terrible English & she ultimately required me to send proof of payment -- to fax it to them. I told her I didn't have a fax machine so I would be mailing proof to them. She informed me since I was mailing it, it would take them much longer to process & research my payment. (Don't know why.))

I had to call many more times to get a response & repeat my problem over & over. They sent a notice that they would notify me in writing the findings of their review, but they never sent me anything. They finally corrected my acct & sent me a statement for a '0' balance, but there was no notification what they did or what they found. Two weeks later I find out that my excellent credit score had been dinged 80 pts because of their mistake! I had to submit a credit dispute to Experian with my story & they quickly responded 2 days later with a corrected credit score based on Macy's mistake. All took nearly 2 mos of wasted time. Macy's has horrible billing employees & terrible customer service.

Black Friday seemed like a great shopping deal until you realize that Macy's website cannot handle the volume. After trying to place my order, I received an OOPS message from them stating that they could not complete my request. I had to place the order again and then about 45 minutes later, I received two emails that BOTH my orders went through.

I contacted Macy's by phone after waiting for 30 minutes on hold and was told that because it was longer than 15 minutes after my order, they couldn't cancel either order! He told me that I could send back the order after receiving it but it would cost me shipping to return the order. I said that because Macy's website is such a mess and the error came through on their end, they should pay for the shipping back but he refused. Now I was really angry and I contacted PayPal who told me that the charge was still pending on both orders and that it simply isn't true that they couldn't cancel the order. I would just like to say THANKS A LOT to Macy's for being jerks to a good customer. What a shame on your end.

Recently I purchased several fragrances from Macy's online. The reason I didn't go to Amazon or eBay, was because I wanted authentic perfumes, not fake or watered down ones. For my great horror, that's exactly what I received. After spending nearly $400, I received Mademoiselle, and two varieties of Tresor (the original and Midnight Rose), that were either fake/expired or watered down. They don't (literally!) last even a few minutes!! The only fragrance that seemed authentic was Yves St. Loraine's Paris. Extremely disappointed!!! I'll NEVER buy anything from Macy's again!!! I have much better chances buying authentic ones on Amazon or eBay, without paying an arm and a leg.

I am so unbelievably furious and disgusted I needed to write a review which I never do. DO NOT DEAL WITH A MACY'S CREDIT CARD. I will never order from Macy's again. I placed an order for 2 coats totaling $600 in store at Macy's and they were to be delivered to me while I was out of the country. I have a roommate home to collect the package, and our packages are always delivered inside the building. Well it turns out despite the cost, the package was delivered to my front door. I live in Chicago- the package was stolen that same day.

Mind you, I never received a confirmation email or email with any tracking information from Macy's. As soon as I returned home I called to report the stolen package. First I was told I'd have to contact USPS, who told me no, in fact I'd have to contact the seller. I called Macy's back, spoke with a representative who told me no problem, she'd refund the two coats and place a new order for me. I placed a new order on a separate credit card. The new order was delivered, and one of the coats was wrong. I went in stores and had to return and repurchase this coat. Then, my Macy's bill was due and I learned that the stolen coats had never been refunded by the phone rep. I had now bought them twice.

I called support back to explain this issue and they told me they had no record of my phone call. I said this was impossible, because I had the order # from the replacement order I made, and they told me "they weren't seeing any results from this order number." After an hour and a half on the phone speaking with a manager (p.s. all representatives were incredibly rude with very poor English) she finally agreed to refund 1 of the 2 coats, but told me the other I'd have to dispute in stores. She insisted I'd been given an "exchange card" for credit in stores, on the same day the package was stolen, while I was in Ireland. I said this did not happen and was impossible and she kept shouting at me, "YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH YOUR HUSBAND." I am not married, and am the only person on this account.

I went in person to the store and spoke with an excellent manager at Water Tower Place who confirmed that the coats had been stolen, and returned the same day by the thief for an exchange credit. She said this has been happening REPEATEDLY with shipped Macy's orders. She manually credited me for the remaining coat that the phone rep refused to refund.

Well, to no surprise, I have not been refunded for the coat the phone rep stated she would refund. I am still waiting on $250 in a refund. I called "support" for now the third time, and was told yet again, my previous phone call did not occur despite my having the employee's ID# and name this time. They are still refusing me a refund. I am currently still trying to figure this issue out in stores with the store managers of Water Tower Place because phone support is BEYOND WORTHLESS AND AWFUL. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.

I purchased some items at the Macy's store at Memorial in Houston and was offered some promotional discount if I opened a Macy's account, which I accepted. First big mistake! I made further purchases at the same location the following week and received another discount offer for setting up a different credit card account (Amex), with the promise of consolidating all my balances. Again, I stupidly agreed.

I promptly received the Amex card welcome package and statement at my current address and paid the full balance, which, disappointingly, included only my second transaction. Week after week passed, and there I was hoping a second statement would include my first transaction. It didn't. Then, I started receiving annoying calls from the credit department reminding me to pay up my balance. Despite attempts at requesting for an account statement, this continued for weeks. It turns out that I had two separate accounts and Macy's managed to send my cards to my old and current address. To compound issues, the last rep I spoke with stubbornly refused to send me a statement despite providing passwords, social security info, and other account details. I'll be destroying the useless cards once I finally resolve this issue, and Macy's can forget about me as a customer.

We traveled from out of town with saving coupon cards, to find once shopping they were offering the same deal anyway with 20% off, and would not take the $20. 00 card. Okay, understand but then was given Macy Money Reward card to use on internet or in store purchase $20 during a certain times. I was using on internet, and put gift code in. It took and gave me the reward but when I completed the order, it charged my charge card full amount and took off the rewards card. When contacting them by email, they said I could not use with my order, nothing on my card gives me any exclusions. Just know not to trust them anymore. Also printed on my receipt they honored the ELECTRONIC GIFT CARD ** but it was not honored in the charge.

Charged twice for an item that the website stated could not be charged with the suggestion I use the listed number to call Macy's if the problem continued. Which I did, only to get a person which l had difficulty understanding their English and had to repeat my problem several times. She did not address the problem stating all she could do was take another card and place the order. On the next day, my card showed that both charges had been withdrawn from my PayPal Debit Card causing an overdraft.

I called back and believe I got the same person who did not answer my why and only answered my how to get my money refunded when I insisted several times that I did not need her to repeat what she had said several times telling me what I already knew; I needed my questions answered. She did not answer how this happened so I asked her to give me info for whom I might get the answer. I insisted on receiving the order info for both orders for which I had been charged and because the jacket was too large to get an ending date for the sale. She continued with her rhetoric until I put my mouth close to the phone and repeated my request, then she answered.

I ordered a Michael Kors backpack purse from Macy's. After receiving the order confirmation email I immediately noticed that it was not charged to my credit card but to an unknown person's Mastercard. I immediately called customer service and they confirmed that my credit card was not the one that charged. I still don't know who the card belongs to or how it was charged. I have only owned one credit card my entire life and have never ordered anything online with another one. The customer service person was difficult to understand but assured me that the order had been canceled and I should not worry about it even though I stressed that I was worried about it because it was fraudulent. She then asked if I would like to place the order again using my card. I should have trusted my instinct that told me something was not right but since she was a Macy's representative I continued and gave my card information.

As she placed the order she told me that the card was declined. This was not possible because I had just deposited money into my bank account that morning and had called after to check my balance so at this point I knew there was something seriously wrong. I told her this and she canceled the order and assured me nothing was charged to my card. I called my bank to check my balance anyway and sure enough they did charge me. After about 4 or 5 calls with Macy's and my bank the money should be back in my account later but I will definitely keep track of it and will cancel this card because there were too many "glitches" as the customer service people called them for me to take any more chances. Macy's customer service agents did not speak English well and constantly repeated the same phrases throughout every call and they never apologized for anything.

I had to make a record 15 phone calls to get my order to go through!! They deactivated my gift card so I had to call to get the gift cards reactivated. When I called to make the payments with the card, it still didn't go through. I had a promo code that was going to expire so they said to call back the next day and they would HONOR the the price since I had the bag number and record of trying to pay.

I called several other times, they hung up twice, once an operator wasn't proficient in English, another one transferred me without my approval to the credit card department. I called so many times and gave my gift card so many times that they deactivated my gift cards AGAIN!! After many calls to get the card activated, at the final call, the manager WOULDN'T honor the price that every single other rep was able to find and honor (after 10 minutes of explanation and on hold). I purchased anyway because I wanted to use these cards and move on so never have to shop at Macy's again! This was BY FAR the worst customer service experience in my life.

I have been a long time, loyal customer of Macy's until the last few weeks. It's impossible to access item information let alone try to buy anything online from Macy's lately. And when you do they won't even honor the very discount codes they advertise. Then when I decided to speak to an actual person the ENTIRE order was wrong. But I didn't know it until the email confirmation charging my account! The person quoted me a charge for my items AFTER the discount but I never received it on either order and the size was wrong on the other.

When I called customer service that night to fix this I wasted over an hour getting hung up on or put on hold indefinitely. I emailed repeated complaints to just be sent an email saying my orders are on the way! That's all they cared about. It was a disaster and nobody at the store cared. Buy at your own risk since I was told my only option was to return it and "hope my card payment wasn't due before I received the purchase." Is this what they do now, bait and switch???

I bought a rug from Macy's September 10th, order number **. It was the wrong rug. We sent it back to them in exchange for the correct rug. After a week of waiting and following up customer service they tell us the rug we want is not available actually, so they credit us back a PARTIAL refund. From the last call I made to them two weeks ago they had informed me the remainder would be sent in 10 days alongside an email confirmation which I never received.

It's past 10 days so I call and apparently they have now wiped my account and purchase history so there's no record of that transaction in effect straight out robbing me of money they still owed on the refund for a rug they never had or sent. I spoke to their customer service and they say there's nothing they can do. Amazing. I don't expect a response or my money back at this point as it's become clear that they have almost gone out of their way to make it as difficult and now seemingly impossible to get that refund credited in full. Horrible business. Never again.

Macy's will make sure that they screw you over in every way possible. When you get a credit card with them and make a purchase on Black Friday and your stuff gets stolen they will make sure they don't lose money. So... made a purchase on Black Friday. There was fraudulent activity on the same day (obviously not me) so reported it. Then they say they're sending me new card... NEVER GET NEW CARD. Then call them to find out status of card I never got. They then let you know there are charges and you owe them over $200.00. Then when you let them know you haven't had a card and that your wallet was stolen (ID's credit/debit cards and all) they will then keep on and let you know there's nothing they're gonna do to help you. So, when you finally get to someone who will help you they finally file the fraud claim.

When representative answers you ask them "so what do I do about the amount that's showing due and the payment that is due?" And the rep answers "not to worry ma'am. Do not make a payment as it is fraudulent activity and if you make a payment you are saying the charges are yours." Then well over a month later (when YOUR credit is going negative because of direction from their reps) they let you know "it's deemed not fraudulent". Then you will be contacted by executive people and they will say they are 'going to help you and get this resolved' only to be contacted back a little over a week later and be told again "oh there's nothing we're gonna do it was deemed not fraudulent. You're responsible." Then when you bring up what THEIR REPS said executive person will tell you "sorry there's just nothing we can do to repair it since it was not fraudulent."

When I respond with "so I was informed to NOT pay because then I am saying the charges are mine but now you are telling me that they're mine." His response "yes ma'am that is correct. You would have assumed responsibility for the charges so you shouldn't have made a payment." Again they WILL NOT help you. They will say they are then just leave you hanging out to dry. Worst company ever. All I wanted was the help I deserved from a supposed good company. Never make that mistake again.

I am a passionate and assiduous customer at Macy's, whether online or in-store. The experience I had today, Oct 24, 2016, around 1:15 pm CST was extremely unpleasant and I am writing to share it with you, hoping that people like "Reggie (or Reggie's)" can be banned, extinguished and/or sent to customer service training ASAP.

This customer service rep works at the woman's clothing department, 2nd floor. She treated me like I was committing a crime by returning 2 items without receipt. She started reading the rules and conditions out loud so everyone around could participate during the return, and it was very embarrassing. I told her that I was a habitual customer and I understand the store's policies. The unused items were purchased online less than a month ago with my Macy's card, and had the original tags on. She told me that the amount could not be credited back to my Macy's card; instead, a gift card was going to be issued and mailed to my home address (what??).

She then took my driver license and started tying the info by using a magnifier (she had hard time reading the screen and the tags). I told her that it was insane but she insisted that, "those are the rules" and need to be followed. Lastly, after more than 20 minutes I gave up and canceled the entire thing. I went to another cashier nearby Vince Camuto clothing area, who end up returning the amount back to the original payment method, which was my Macy's card.

Ever since Macy's switched to the Citigroup payment portal service is horrible. It's almost impossible to log in and customer support is non-existent. On the rare day the system does works, it's only on Internet Explorer. Whoever is running this program should be fired and never be allowed to program another computer. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a scam to force customers to pay late fees.

Macy's Credit and Customer Service is the worst. You call them and you can expect to be on hold for hours and hours and they will tell you that they cannot transfer your call to a specific department because it is closed. (YES OF COURSE IT WILL BE CLOSED AFTER WAITING ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR). Most of the time the employees are from overseas who have no idea what they are doing, whatever you ask for they don't know the answer and they will tell you to call back. I just don't understand if they are not going to be able to help a customer then why are they there? I am really unsatisfied with a Macy's Credit Customer Service and I wish they can take an action and fix it, because this is the 3rd time that I am getting this kind of customer service.

I purchased a mattress on sale on May 5, 2015. Macy's allegedly offered lifetime warranty for this mattress. The right side of the mattress appeared to be sagging and had a deep contour, that really affected our quality of sleep and caused pain in me and my husband's back. I had to go to chiropractor and physical therapy because the pain started to bother. My husband weighs 140 pounds and I weigh 100 pounds, respectively. Thus there is no reason to believe the sagging in mattress is caused by overweight. This started happening within less than 6 months, the mattress started sinking in certain places. I called Macy's and they sent an inspector. They replaced it the first time because it was bad. They gave me a new mattress (I still think these are all refurbished cheap mattresses that Macy's puts on sale or provides false advertising).

Again, this one, less than 4 months old, started sinking, and me and my husband developed severe back pains (I still go to treatment). They sent the 2nd inspector, who "determined" that the bed didn't have manufacturer required support (it was never mentioned by the first inspector). They suggested we put the supports and see what happens, then if it didn't help to resolve the issue, call them again for another inspection. They refused to replace it. We added a couple of missing supports and everything was by the book. Due to our back pains (which we never had before), I contacted Macy's again on Sept. 15, 2016 to request yet another inspection or replacement.

The 3rd inspector took all kinds of measurements and verbally told me that, yes the mattress was sinking within a short period of time, and he left handing the phone to me to talk to Macy's furniture representative, who kindly told me that all measurements inspector took "were within the limits and they could not replace the mattress". I clearly saw that the measurements were off when the inspector was taking them. I wish I had recorded it as proof. He told me that "mattresses do sink in the course of time". I told him I knew they did, but not within less than 4 months of usage. I became very angry and told him I would consider filing a lawsuit against Macy's furniture for Unfair Business Practices, Fraudulent Business Practices, Unlawful Business Practices, False Advertising, and violations of California's Consumer Legal Rights. He told me if that's the case he would hang up on me, and he sure did.

This is a clear misleading and fraudulent business practice to lure consumers into buying a mattress on sale under false pretenses that you get it with lifetime warranty but when it's time to stand up behind the warranty, Macy's does everything not to make it happen. It would cost them less to replace the mattress than pay inspectors for false inspection reports. Inspector told me one thing, and the representative denied it completely. I even asked them to refund me my money and I would get a decent mattress somewhere else, but they simply did not want to hear and or do anything to help.

I had very negative experience with the customer service at the woodfield Macy's. I purchased 14 items for my daughter and got home missing items in the bag. After waiting for 20 minutes to be helped it's a complete mess. They are very unorganized. I called the customer service line the next day to make sure I report this issue (thinking this is a normal company who cares about their customers). I spoke to a floor manager will and I arranged to come to the store and see him to resolve this issue. Unfortunately I couldn't make it on that day but I also called the manager and did let him know I will go in to see him the next day (I respect other times).

The manager told me he will in the store until 9:00 pm on 10/04 so I went see him around 6:00 pm and he was gone for the day after I rush to get there. He was not there, however they had to call another manager Scott who didn't even took the time to come and see me at all. He end up sending another floor manager Cheryl (she was really nice and tried to take care of this issue) but she still need help on how to Handle this issue and she had to go back to scott for help. After wasting my time again at the store today 1 hour there scott comes up with this unprofessional decision to tell me we have to review tape to make sure no items walk out of the door Without paying for it (excuse me). I spend $600 dollars this month at Macy's (I promise all items will be returned soon).

When I called the floor manager will and report this issue I also requested him to pull up videotape to ensure. My question now why was this not done ahead of time and do I have to waste all this time? The only answer I can find to this question is poor customer service. I never had to file a complaint or leave an bad review, but this is by far the worst experience ever!! I am a loyal Macy's customer. Walmart employees are more kind than upscale Macy's!! Think about it before you insult a client!!! They should be ashamed.

*Warning to all Macy's shoppers*: I have been a loyal shopper at Macy's for over a decade, and will never shop at Macy's again due to their disgusting treatment of employees and their raw GREED among other failures. I do not want to contribute to their embezzlement of employees (and defrauding of their investors by over-projecting sales before the actual figures came out) making Macy's richer.

My mom recently started a job there for the experience to keep herself occupied, and it is the most miserable place to work at - like a *factory sweat shop*. The managers are incredibly hypocritical - their true faces come out within a week of working there. I have never seen her my angel of a mother so disheartened and overworked, yet management still ridicules her and disrespects her. BTW the Pink Pony charity - DO NOT buy any of those raffle tickets or bracelets. Macy's offers a deal of 25% off if you buy the $5 bracelet with about a thousand exclusions, and they know it is a terrible deal so they advertise it under "charity."

In addition, they are doing it for the TAX WRITE-OFF and GOOD PRESS. There is no oversight as to how much the customers pay for the bracelets vs. how much actually goes to charity. So, so unfortunate. I am sickened with the entire establishment of Macy's and will be telling everyone I know and encounter to never shop at Macy's again. No wonder there is such a high turn-over rate. DO NOT WORK AT MACY'S UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR LIFE and your spine. Most abusive company you can work for. The look on my mom's face when she came home from work everyday broke my heart.

Quick and user friendly. Select what you want to purchase (e.g. pants, shirts, etc.), select style, review the available styles/sizes, order the desired product, input shipping information and payment option. Very good process. Only negative is the large selection quantity that is available.

I had the wrong size and even though I bought it online, I was able to exchange at the store. No waiting for a replacement. Very easy to check out. Very simple. I love shopping at Macy's online. The Website is very easy to use and check out is a breeze. Exchanging items was simple and fast.

It's hard to determine size since I lost weight. Sometimes size is exact and at times small. At the stores they tend to accept the coupons and not online. I do know they will match what is online at stores. I guess it depends on the sale. I dislike shipping costs. The best is buy $25 get free shipping. There are times when I only want 1 or 2 items and it cost more and not saving. I then don't buy and lose out in sale. I don't drive so online shopping is the best for me.

Macy's Company Profile