3.57/5
Based on 4,197 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Macy's Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When I go to Macy's looking for a certain style or color they usually have what I want. When you need someone help the workers are very knowledgeable about the company's products. When I leave Macy's I have a big smile on my face and I don't feel like I spend the whole day not getting what I want. If they don't have the items I want they would order it for me and I can choose to pick it up there or have it deliver.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Our recently shopped at Macy's and I went in for jewelry, but I came out with a new handbag. I like shopping at Macy's because even though they're pretty pricey, I always find a good deal there... I'm on a budget but I still try to treat myself whenever I can. I found a great bag at a great price. I would definitely recommend Macy's to anyone... And don't hesitate to stop by the clearance or the last act section of the store..

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was looking for a certain brand of jeans, and even though the store carried the brand, I could not find the exact style of the jeans I wanted. The cashier told me they could order them, and about 4 days later I was able to pick up the exact jeans I wanted at the store. A few weeks later, I needed a mother-of-the-bride dress, and I found a beautiful dress. The cashier told me that the store was going to have a sale a few days later, and if I wanted, they could hold the dress for me, and charge me the sale price if I returned when the actual sale was in effect. I really appreciated her telling me this--I saved quite a bit of money that way.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Having moved to a new apartment in a new state; I needed furniture. I started shopping the Stonecrest Macy's Furniture Store, GA in hopes of finding something to ship to Florida. I walked in to Stonecrest location and met Justine. She was the only one on the floor. She handled the day and customers like a pro. She made me feel like I was the only customer in the store and I see that she made others feel the same. She's attentive, knows the products and most importantly understood the company's policies and was able to confidently provide the information and assurance I needed.

When I moved to Florida and decided to move forward with the order; Justine handled the order online and made everything so seamless. We knew what to expect every step of the way and things were handled exactly as she proposed. Working with Justine made my Macy's shopping experience a breeze and made a a return customer. I think I will call Justine when I'm ready to furnish the rest of my apartment. I liked her way of working.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They carry a nice selection of clothes and household items. Their cost is a little overpriced even after an item goes on sale and you use one of their coupons. I can stand that they refuse to carry wide size shoes in the same styles as their regular size shoes. They refuse to budge on carrying wide size shoes. No one wants to have to drive to a separate store after you purchase your clothes at Macy's but can’t pick up the perfect shoes to go with the outfit. I definitely don’t shop there as much just for that reason.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Macy's has become one of the worse stores to do business with in my opinion. I had a horrible experience on Macys.com. Every coupon I tried to use they told me I could not use. No Black Friday, no 25% off, my items were excluded. And they said, "Just use it on your next order." That was their solution. Corporate doesn't care they are receiving their bonuses. I have left voicemails and have NEVER been contacted by anyone from Macys. I don't matter to them. I would suggest using another Department store if you want to be treated fairly.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Upon placing my first order, they blocked my order and card as fraud. I had to call my credit card company. This time I called Macy's directly. Again they blocked my credit card as fraud. Placing an order online was impossible. Transactions are only easy with honored sale pricing if you have a Macy's card. The sale was not noted nor was it for Macy's card holders only.

Finally placed my order. They did not honor the sale price. They charged me twice. I did not receive my shipment. It was handed to someone on the curb. Customer service does not speak well nor understand English. My 4th call to them. Their incompetence and the ability to place an order, charged correctly, shipped correctly was not a concern to them. They just kept repeating, "I can not help." Transferring me to a supervisor was just as bad. Very dissapointed in the quality of care and standards. Macy's is one of my favorite stores. Unfortunately, I will no longer order or shop there. I wouldn't be surprised if stores closed after the holidays. Raise your standards Macy's. Hire qualified employees to represent those standards.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Ryan **, Manager, OC Big Ticket Hybrid | Macy's, Inc., was contacted based on Macy's furniture delivery scheduling contacting us to say delivery would be on certain date. Based on that call we removed old furniture. Delivery date came and furniture did not come. Learned Macy's never had the furniture. Ryan ** said he would offer a credit or gift card for $100. We lived with plastic fold up chairs in family room for two weeks. Ryan ** never in fact provided the credit. He denied the credit. Ryan ** never answers his phone and never returns a call. Ryan ** responds to emails days later. Ryan ** never responded to providing us with another name if Ryan ** was unwilling or unable to assist us. Beware if you get a promise from Ryan ** as he will not deliver - then deny it.

We felt Ryan ** did bait and switch tactic to say he would give a credit to us so that we would not cancel our furniture order. Ultimately when we realized Ryan ** was never going to handle the matter we went to our local Macy's store (which we adore) and the furniture manager handled the situation immediately. We remain very loyal customers to Macy's but be weary if have to deal with Ryan **.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Placed an online order on November 29, 2019. Received confirmation that order was processed. A few days later received notice that one item was on back order til Jan. so I called customers service to cancel item. Was assured order was cancelled and my credit card wouldn't be charged. Following day, I received email saying my order was being shipped and my card was charged.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

For the first time, I purchased two items from Macy's website and had it sent to be delivered to my office.--My office's regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 - 4:30 PM. The time in which the UPS driver came was on Monday at 10:43 PM.--Obviously our office was closed at this time and instead of leaving the package in the drop box located in front of our office, he instead handed it to a random person that was on the block. This person apparently signed for my package at 10:43 PM and claimed that it was theirs. The next day, I came back to work to find an email that my package had been "delivered" and signed by a man named "Nathan." I spoke to three different representatives at Macy's only to be told that I needed to wait for a letter from UPS to be delivered to me in 7-9 business days in order for them to do anything about my situation.

Then comes today, I received a letter in the mail from Macy's saying that they are unable to process a refund for my purchase because someone already signed for it.--This was the end of the story for them. I was absolutely upset by this because I did not sign for that package and now I am short of $130.00 just because the UPS guy carelessly gave my package away to some random person. I have never been more disappointed with a company before and have never received this sort of treatment for something that was not even my fault. Macy needs to be better.

Macy's Company Information