3.8/5 (749 ratings)

About Macy's

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I haven't ever been to Macy's and received a gift card for 100.00. What I wanted to purchase was 105.00. I asked could I apply the 100 and pay the rest, Split the payment. They proceeded to tell me that in order to use my gift card 1st I had to have double on the card of what I was purchasing, So to order this I needed to have 210 on the card? Why do I need double to even use it? So, the person that purchased this card was screwed? I can never use the whole amount on the card because I have to have double? 2nd she said they don't split payments? Really who doesn't do that? I will take this gift card to another company and I won't be back.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Don’t waste your time using online shopping. I’m in a different location than home for a little bit. Every single time I try to change the shipping address or ‘continue to payment’ crashes, and says server is no longer available. Total **. I have no issue with any other website here.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

12/28/22 12:26 PM. I have been waiting for a credit from Macy's of $101 and a replacement credit card since June 2022. There was fraudulent charges on my account in June and I called that month. I physically went to the store and spent two hours trying to fix this!! I was assured at the time that they would send my credit of $100 out and my replacement card at that time. I never received either and since then I have called 12 more times and visited the store three times. Each time they've told me I will receive my new card in 7 to 10 days. I still have not received it! I finally got the credit in the mail on December 12 but no card when I called today. They said all credit cards are delayed!! IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS!! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Updated on 01/24/2023: This is a update from December 27, 2022. So from the previous review, you will know the story about the gift my wife brought for me on Christmas, anyway customer service took a whole month to finally admit that they did not have the missing piece to the watch. Every time they talked to my wife about the watch one agent said they didn't receive the watch back yet. We waited a week and then they said they couldn't talk to anyone in the shipping department then we waited another week and then they said give them 48 hours and they will have a answer all and all it took them a whole month when they finally admitted that they did not have the item. I being a advocate for collecting things told my wife never buy from a third party, always buy from the manufacturer. You get a better warranty on your items.

Original Review: Hi. My wife brought me a watch for Christmas which was very expensive. Tthe name of the watch is a Citizen eco drive promaster Blue Angels standard edition. Now my wife didn't know what came with the watch. A item was missing so I called customer service in which they told me that they could not talk to me about the watch without permission from my wife. Which I find that their policy is terrible. Who does that. Someone needs to get on Macy's policy because it is the most Ridiculous policy I ever heard of. They are too overpriced and their customer service should be better for the money that you spend there. If I could give them a zero I would.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Went there the other Day a Saleswoman I think was the manager Named Alyssa, greeted me with a kind smile, very professional. I've never had better a better customer service experience before, you can tell when I asked her for assistance she treated you like family. She was able to provide me good insight on gifts I needed to buy. Overall I was able to complete my Christmas shopping all in one visit. When it was time for checkout I was explained about the rewards program which help me save more. The world needs more genuine people like her. Thank you for everything too. If I could give her 10 stars I would. She definitely deserves all the credit and recognition. Happy Holidays

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I visited the local store and at the suggestion of the sales lady placed an order in store to be delivered to my home address. What I received was not what was ordered. When I call customer service they keep asking me for the item number I expected to receive. How am I supposed to know that? I did not research or place the order. Your store team did. I have no resolution to your mistake. As of today I am not recommending Macy's. There is too much competition that gets it right and corrects their mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Macy's charged my debit card approximately $1000 on multiple transactions I did not authorize. If you change an online order for any reason (they had my incorrect shipping address) they can charge your bank account repeatedly. They were going to ship my order to the wrong address, I had to change it. As soon as you “authorize” them to make a change, they take that “authorization” code and use it to put holds on your bank account, in my case for 3 transactions I never did, and will not release the funds until you dispute it through your bank. Apparently after your bank files a dispute, Macy's can still hold on to your money for an additional 7 business days.

I stayed on the phone with Macy's (was “disconnected” once) for approx 4 hours to learn the above and get resolution and have the funds released back to my bank. I will never shop there again. The 3rd representative I spoke with told me about their change authorization policy (=charge your card as many times as they want within an established time period) and admitted this policy is not anywhere consumers could easily find or read. It’s an agreement/policy they hold with Visa.

Beware.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Guess I'm old, 70 YO, who remembers when 'quality' retailers like Macy's, Dayton's/Hudson's DID good service... I fear senior management of Macy's is toooo influenced by the BAD Wall Street Earnings expectations of retail profits... Would be GREAT to see the Sr Mgrs tell Wall Street, '**-You' we'll report earnings ONCE a year, we're Macy's... but.... I went into the St Pete, FL Macy's to buy men's jeans, 10 days before Thanksgiving, Nov 14.. NEARLY no Associates to help. The well meaning poorly trained (**) women at the cash registers were struggling with what I later learned are 30-YO cash registers!... One finally was able to locate my jeans in a store 20 miles away. I agreed to pay the $10-15 to have them sent to my home... (BTW, the Holiday displays in the store were old and horrible!.. Still dust and particles left from past 'decor' on the walls on either side of the escalators...

OK I understand supply chain issues, less inventory and higher shipping costs so profits squeezed... (see comment later below #).. One hour earlier I used my Visa card @ 2 other stores. THREE Macy's cash registers didn't accept my card. Finally an Ass't (?) Store Mgr was called. On a FOURTH cash register she entered in all my order info, SKU, address, and card # manually. She showed me the screen before hitting enter. All was correct... Dec 3, TWENTY days later, that wk I received an email update that my order was shipped from a store in NEW JERSEY!! On Sat Dec they'd not arrived at my home so I went into the store... After another 30+ minutes dealing with a 'mature' woman, P/T Holiday I'm sure who told me the cash registers are ancient.... she discovered a pair, my size IN the St Pete store....

After a 15 mins wait to get a Mgr to approve my 'return' I was given the jeans... Around Dec 3 my credit card statement showed a credit for a cancelled order... NEXT=. while I was waiting for the Store Mgr, I looked at the disorganized, limited, chocolates display. I noticed boxes of Frango Mints, a family tradition of my since the 1960s. A 1 pound was selling for $30!.. I KNOW 8 yrs or so ago they sold for around $8... Cocoa has not increased 375% in 8 years.... These mints, the dismal displays, ancient registers, poorly trained yet well meaning Associates (#. ) smacks to me that Sr Manager is OUT OF TOUCH!... and likely tooooo spoiled by their executive salaries and stock options...

As much as I'd love the holiday tradition of Franco Mins (gosh.... been 20 yrs since I tasted its Frango Mint liqueur.... several traditions are GONE... Guess I'll drive the 20 miles to Nordstrom's or Neiman Marcus in Tampa where there's still good customer service.... SAD that Macy's has FALLEN... So much for 'quality for a premier New York retailer... I hope the Macy's board takes drastic actions, close more stores AND reduce senior management's salary say 30%+ until the store gets it act together... G D in St Petersburg, FL

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I ordered a perfume for my daughter online as a birthday gift. The order was received, however, after several days I got an email that it was sold out. OK. I made another order - this time it wen through, or so I thought. When the package was opened, instead of the perfume there was a lip gloss made by a different designer. Macy's refused to give my money back, because "the package had been delivered". After sending them several proofs (photocopies of receipts plus photo of a package content) they finally agreed to give the money back, but wanted to return the perfume my girl never got in the first place! I called and emailed again, and, this time, they seemed to got it and wanted the lip gloss returned. So, instead of enjoying her gift, my precious girl has to find a store or print label and return something I or she never wanted. Nice. Never again anything from Macy's!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS...If I could have given them a zero I would have....Those reps are out of the country and know they are not held to the same standards so they feel they can talk to you any kind of way and just right out lie to you. And the supervisors are worse than that...They give sub-par service and when you ask for their name they refuse to provide it. Needless to say I got one and I literally had to cuss her out and hang up on her as she tried to blame me for the fact that they split my order and then when the post office returned it, saying they could not locate the address and it was shipped to the same address as the 1st order and the 3rd one. I asked several times for this order to be replaced and that is when the lies came into play.

After two weeks of going back and forth with them with NO favorable outcome, I attempted to call the corporate number and again got nowhere and ended up and their 800 lines yet again after having my chat yet again disconnected by 3 reps when inquiring about my order. Only to get a rep who advised they had not replaced my order and that unless I used a different credit card I could not replace the order on the phone with him. At this point, I'm over Macy's poor customer service and I did not want to take my frustrations out on that rep as he was the one who created the problem nor was he part of the charade I had to endure..Needless to say, I will not shop with them again until they bring their customer service back to the USA.

Macy's Company Information