3.35/5
Based on 1,461 ratings submitted in the last year

1558 Macy's Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They carry a nice selection of clothes and household items. Their cost is a little overpriced even after an item goes on sale and you use one of their coupons. I can stand that they refuse to carry wide size shoes in the same styles as their regular size shoes. They refuse to budge on carrying wide size shoes. No one wants to have to drive to a separate store after you purchase your clothes at Macy's but can’t pick up the perfect shoes to go with the outfit. I definitely don’t shop there as much just for that reason.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been customer of Macy's for many years. They are always my first shopping destination for all clothes/shoes shopping for our family. Now our son also shops at Macy's too. Their return service is also excellent. Want to see them around many more years. :-)

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I love Macy’s as it is one of the few clothing/home goods store in our area that sells quality merchandise. Macy’s offers brand name clothing that fits me well. Clothing always follows the trends. Pricing is reasonable. I know I can find something at Macy’s either in clothing for me, my grandkids, housewares.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This was the best experience we have ever had in purchasing a mattress from the buy at Fair Oaks with Scott as our associate. Scott sent us a gift certificate. So thoughtful. Then the delivery could not have been better. The two delivery guys, German and Ismall arrived on time, after calling. They were outstanding in that they followed instructions on how we wanted the bed setup and they also took care in making certain not to damage or break anything in the house when they had to move the mattresses. They cleaned up and made sure to show how to use the remote. They are the best!

Original review: June 30, 2018

Macy's have great bargains in the clearance section of their website. Most clothes are good quality. But sometimes they have not so friendly associates. Usually the older women. It cost nothing to smile... Aand really truly can make a huge difference in somebody's purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: June 25, 2019

I placed an online order on June 14th, 2019, for 5 pair of sandals that were scheduled for delivery by UPS on 06/20/19. On 06/20/19, tracking showed the package on the UPS vehicle out for delivery but it was NOT delivered. On 06/21/19, I called UPS and they advised me the package was lost in transit and I should contact the shipper. I then called Macy's customer service department, where a rep named PIA advised me that, due to a system error, he could not resend the order until Monday the 24th of June. He assured me he would call me on the 24th to proceed with sending a duplicate order. HE NEVER CALLED.

Today, June 25th 2019, I reached out to Macy's again and spoke with a representative who was RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL AND HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME. Upon speaking to this rep and requesting a replacement of the order (now deemed DAMAGED IN TRANSIT by UPS) I was advised that 2 items were no longer available. I verified my shipping address, agreed to accept a refund for the unavailable items and at that time, I asked the rep, a second time, to tell me which items were not available since they were all different prices. At this point, the representative said to me, QUOTE: "OH MY GOD MISS! I ALREADY TOLD YOU WHICH ITEMS WERE MISSING! HOW MANY TIMES YOU WANT ME TO REPEAT MYSELF?!"....

I was totally shocked by her very rude response and asked "Excuse me? Are you being rude to me?". And she immediately HUNG UP THE PHONE CALL ON ME. Very disappointed in Macy's customer service. Who is training these people? I immediately dialed back in to customer service and requested a full refund for all items and Macy's has just LOST A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE. I expected more for a company as large as Macy's but obviously they do not train their telephone reps to be respectful and patient with the folks spending money to keep their business running, especially in this highly competitive online environment. Good luck Macy's!! You've lost my money forever!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

So, I placed an order with Macy's with a message that my product would ship in 3-5 business days. Being in a world with Amazon, I thought hey not bad I'll place the order. When I checked my email an HOUR later, I realized that it would take 3-5 business days AFTER it is processed which means I wouldn't receive my product in time. Okay, I'll cancel the order. WAIT you can't because the cancellation policy is within 30 minutes but when looking at my order online it stated: "processing for shipment". I don't know about you but processing means that the order hasn't shipped.

I called customer service in which their response was that since it has been past the 30 minutes nothing can be done, NOTHING. Okay, so why does Macy's have customer service then?? Also, I learned that Macy's isn't even their own vendor of their products. Okay, well that neat.... Who am I buying these products from Macy's??? The representative was nice, but this is terrible service and EXTREMELY disappointing. If you were to call any other online shopping service they would've cancelled the order. Macy's better get with the program otherwise, they won't be a business for much longer. #macyssucks

Original review: June 19, 2019

Ordered a Farmingdale Round Table from Macy's online on May 19, 2019. It's a basic black kitchen table with a round top and four legs. All attach to a central spindle. When I ordered the site said it would deliver in 3-5 days. I received the spindle by itself in about 5 days (no legs or round top). I thought it was weird that it didn't all come together, but gave it a few days to see if the remaining pieces would arrive. I called Macy's on May 28 and asked when I can expect the remaining pieces. Was told that they would put in an inquiry and I would receive an email notification within 24 to 48 hours telling me when they would arrive.

After not receiving an email, I called again on June 1. I was told that the item is provided by a third party vendor that sells on their site and that they have to send an inquiry and told me I'd receive an email within 24-48 hours letting me know the status. I mentioned the promised 3-5 day delivery on the site. The woman said "Oh, that really means it will take 3 to 5 days for the order to GET to the outside vendor." Regardless, I did not receive any emails. Called again on June 5 and was told that they would send an inquiry and I would receive an email within 24-48 hours.

Once again...did not receive an email or the product that I ordered (which I had already paid for). On June 8, I called and cancelled the order out of sheer frustration and ordered a table from Wayfair (Received it in 7 days). The woman I talked to on the phone could not care less about the whole ordeal. Before I was to receive my refund, Macy's required me to return the one piece of the table that I did receive. I was told I would get my refund as soon as the piece arrived at the warehouse. I received notification from UPS that the piece delivered. I waited a few days and called Macy's to see when my reimbursement will come through. They told me it would be in my account by this past Monday (June 17) at the latest. I STILL have not received my refund. Extremely frustrating. I will not be purchasing anything from Macy's again and I recommend avoiding their online store.

Original review: June 12, 2019

On April 4, 2019 I made several shoe purchases at Memorial City Mall. Two pair of shoes were the Jessica Simpson BEEYA5. I got the black pair and the beige pair. A couple of weeks later I was I opened the box of what I thought was the black pair and it was the beige. The sales person gave me two pair of the same color. I went to Willowbrook Mall, a different mall, on April 30 and explained what happened and I got the black pair. I wore the shoes a couple of times and the sole of the shoe is coming unglued.

I went to Memorial City Mall on June 11 to exchange the shoe for another pair and the sales person immediately told me no and he does not nor anyone in the store has any authority to exchange the shoe because it had been worn. I then said the shoes is defective and that someone in the store has that capability. He called a manager, Mary Katherine, and I explained what happened. She said the shoes are worn and the only thing she can do is give me the lowest sale price in the form of store credit. I advised I wore them about two times. She said they look more worn than that. I said they are not every day work shoes and if you think about it if I only wore them on the weekend there have been about eight weekend days since I got them and even if I wore them either times, which I have not, they still should not have torn. I have Jessica Simpson shoes from 1-2 years ago and they are not torn.

I explained to her that the store credit of the lowest sale amount was unacceptable. She said she cannot resale a worn shoe and I advised I would not expect her to and why would she if the shoe is defective. I advise that I have been a Macy’s cardholder for at least 20 years and I purchase many Jessica Simpson shoes and this has not happened before. I explained that I did not have a problem with the beige pair and I only wanted to get a new pair of black ones. She then told me the same thing about only giving me the lowest sale price. I then told her that maybe if the person at her store had given me the black pair when I thought I purchased them on April 4th that I would not have had to go to Willowbrook and return the extra beige pair and end up with the defective black pair. Again she repeated the same thing.

I asked her what did I pay for the shoe and she looked it up and advised $59.99. I then asked what was the lowest sale price and she said $49.99. I advised that I was not accepting anything less than what I paid and that she is not providing customer service. I advised that when I submit my complaint that I will request a shoes replacement as well as a gift card on top of that for the inconvenience.

I am requesting review of my account. If you look at my credit card purchase on April 4, you will see they gave me two pair of beige shoes. I then exchanged them at Willowbrook on April 30th. I would like the shoes exchanged for another pair and a $25 Macy's card for my inconvenience of having to exchange them in the first place as well as the customer service I received from Mary Catherine. If you think about it, even though the shoe price now is a $10 difference, she was not willing to do that either. What type of service is that to a 20 plus Macy’s cardholder. Thank you. Tiffinay **. **.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased online. Called to verify shipping and what goes where. She told me 100% I had made no purchase. Lies. Later away from my email I received and email saying I had purchased. And they had my mailing and Billing address mixed. The review are accurate of their online site, they mix everything up

I figured simple, just call again explain what happened and they can change address or cancel order. Wrong.

They blamed me every way they could, said sorry, and offered no solution. Like how about send a second set to the person receiving the gift. And myself return the one I receive. I had after all called in within the allotted 15-30 minutes allowed to change or cancel orders. But the associate claimed I had no order. Also their English is horrible and outsourced to India. And they will not give you their names to file complaints and will hang the phone up on you so they don't have to give you their name or be audited in a survey. So good luck with all that. I have had way better experiences with Wal-Mart, Saks, Amazon. And also Macy's will send you minimum 3 emails a day. And you can't unsubscribe.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I placed an order online for an air fryer ($90 on sale) but I thought it would totally be worth the price given all the hype surrounding this product. Well little did I know Macy's outdated computer system is very faulty. I placed my order for in store pickup in Springfield. I arrive at the store 3 hours later after receiving confirmation that my order was available for pickup. It turns out my item was available at a different location 90 minutes away. The staff told me I sent it to the incorrect store. I knew I didn't and brought up a screenshot of my order to confirm my item should be there. I confirmed with in store staff that they do have the air fryer in stock.

So I thought no problem you can simply cancel the online order and I'll purchase it in store. Boy was I wrong. I was then told that because it had been more than 30 minutes there was no way to cancel the order. No way to cancel?? I'm so confused at this point because clearly I don't have the item in my possession and I'm willing to buy it again. I proceeded with the in store purchase. I called online customer service, spoke with a manager and was told the same thing. I was advised to simply not pick up the order and the order would be automatically canceled after a week. A WEEK?! Totally unsatisfactory. I did not make a mistake. I've now bought the item twice in one day and I can't be refunded for an item I never received. I haven't been this disappointed in a major retailer in a very long time. I've worked in Customer Service for the past 15 years and cannot believe how I'm being treated. I'm proceeding with a BBB complaint as well.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I had a credit for $153 on my Macy’s account. When I received my statement, the credit wasn’t on there and it says refunded. Never received anything. Called 4, 5 times and they keep telling me they mailed refund check. It’s been 2, 3 months now. I’m still haven’t received the check. Their products are good but the customer service is the worst. I’ve never had this bad experience. Never ever have credit balance on your card. They will never give back your money????

Original review: June 7, 2019

I think people should stop using Macy’s credit card or be careful especially Macy’s American Express credit card due to their customer service are liars and untrained property including their supervisors and they are scam. I used my Macy’s American Express to made an approach to airline tickets to travel overseas but unfortunately I had a family emergency that made me to cancel the trip and the airline told me they would credit me back full payment of the ticket since the ticket was cancelled due to medical emergency but unfortunately the airline refused to to refund my money.

I filed dispute to Macy’s American Express due to I’m not going to pay for something I didn’t used. Macy’s American Express ask me to submit all the documentation such as medical records from the doctor and the cancellation ticket which I did submit all the documentation they requested from me. After three months investigation had conducted by Macy’s American Express credit card and they told me they will credit back to my account but Macy's American Express credit card. If feel like Macy’s American Express credits card are not truthful and also mislead me by telling me they credit me but they didn’t.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My wife never received her bill because we moved. When she was late with her payment, Macy's credit department contacted the credit reporting agencies over a $29 payment that was late by 2 months and her credit score dropped 81 points. They DID NOT call and leave a message until after the late payment destroyed her once great credit. That makes no sense at all. Why not call the person before, not after you report to the Experian and the others. Then you get a person in the Philippines as your customer service rep after wasting an hour waiting who can't even understand you. Macy's sucks. And the item we bought turned out to be junk.

Original review: June 1, 2019

My issue is they reported my credit account to credit bureau without even sending me any bill or informing me and that too in less than 30 days. I had auto debit setup for my account and upon research I found the credit account was sold to another company and hence all my settings were reset. Courtesy call was made to get the balance money but the agent calling me never told me that the account is getting reported to credit bureau. Macy's recently sold my credit account to another bank and all my setup was lost.

First bill from the new account never reached me via email or paper. Upon calling their back office they keep saying the same thing - It’s your fault. We don’t care. I cancelled my Macy’s account. I will never enter that store ever in my life and at least none in my family. I will advise people to not go there and more importantly never open any credit account with this fraud retail store. I wish this retail store goes bankrupt just as like their other retail counterparts. I will prefer online over this store.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought a new car from dealer Feb 19. When I came home I received a call from 1800 they offered me extended 6 year warranty when my car already came with 4 year factory warranty. That 1800 # rep told me they will change my card only for $100 and they will send me policy in mail. After receiving the policy details I have to make decision. If I wanted to cancel I have 30 days they will refund my $100 back. So I took the policy from them I gave them my card info they told me my card is not going through. I gave them different card.

That day they charge only $100 but from very next day they started charging my both credit cards for $1500 something after few days $3000 something. I called them and I speak to rep after calling them billion times I was able to get my $100 and $3000 something back by myself but for $1500 something I had to contact Macy's so they can contact them and I had to file a dispute. Macy's customer service is extremely poor. They are keep opening and closing disputes since month of Feb and charges are on me. They are saying they must need a can cancellation of policy documents from me.

I am tired of sending them a written notes with my other credit card statements and explaining them over & over this merchant was a scam. I never received any policy. In fact if you call merchant they will give you the answer what they are giving me which is you will see the credit back in your account in 2 days but since Feb that 2 days never came. I am tired of calling back and forth. Now this merchant is not even answering my calls. They are putting me on long holds and hanging up on me. I need someone to help me with this issue. Macy's rep is not helping me at all. They keep saying they must need the paper from merchant or a written letter when I'm explaining them it was a scam they never send me any policy. And I'm platinum honor customer of Macy's still they are treating me like this. I need someone to help me with this issue.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I ordered two bedspread sets. I've learned to order more than one because often something is not well made. Sure enough I had to return one spread set because of broken stitching on the bedspread. The second bedspread set never arrived. I had to call UPS and finally traced the problem back to Macy's. The bedspread had never been tendered to UPS. So bedspread was reordered at a later date.

By the time I received this one, there was a drop in price. Because the second spread was within the 10 day price adjustment period customer service agreed to a price adjustment. Well, never received the adjustment of $12. So called again today. Oh yes, price adjustment was allowed and an email confirming this would be coming within an hour or so. HAHAHA....nope, no email, nothing. But the customer rep sure wanted me to review her helpfulness. I think these people are basically doing nothing when they claim that they have to "contact their supervisor". Yet, they sure want that good review. I will probably return the second set out of complete irritation and order another elsewhere for less money.

Original review: May 28, 2019

It couldn't of been any worse. I ordered something online, changed my mind and they said I couldn't cancel until it was delivered to the store. Poor service but not the end of the world. So I waited until it was delivered and called to cancel. After 3 calls and over 30 minutes of holding I was able to get a guy that said would be cancelled and refunded. 3 days later I get an email saying that was a mistake and I need to pick it up before returning it. I've not spent hours, stress, and headaches on this. So now I find out it was delivered to the wrong store too an hour away. So a week later I just gave up which they said eventually I would get a refund if I never pick it up. This place is a dinosaur and they don't give a crap about customers. I won't ever be using them again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased a new Apple Watch Series 4 during a Friends and Family promo. I was told my purchase was not eligible. I was told they were unable to discount Apple product. I received numerous emails, which I screen shot, advertising specifically the Apple Watch Series 4 being offered 30% off, during the Friends and Family promo. I emailed Macy’s Customer Service and Corporate, no reply. Awful business practices. They really don’t care about the customer. Greedy company, not reputable, bait and switch practices are now the new practices. Save your money and purchase from Amazon. They respond to customer concerns, unlike Macy’s.

Hey Macy’s, time to go. Customers must be treated better. If you work there, you probably already know, time is ticking. You better polish up your resume. I will always encourage anyone not to shop at Macy’s from now on. So many better options than Macy’s. Do yourself a favor. Just pass on Macy’s. Please give up on Macy’s. I have.

Original review: May 20, 2019

May 17, 2019. I ordered a Martha Stewart country butter dish to be picked up in store. May 18, 2017, I received notice to pick it up, bring driver's license and order information from computer with bar code. Arrived, gave clerk order info and showed my driver's license for identification. Clerk took my driver's license & turned to scanner. I said, "You can’t scan it." She said she had to. She called a manager & he confirmed that Macy’s scanned customers driver's licenses. Asked him what does with all these licenses and he said he didn’t know. I was not able to purchase item because I would not allow Macy’s to keep my driver's license info. M **.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I'm really upset and angry with this company. I order from them all the time before and my packages were never dropped off on my open front porch. The drivers would drop them off at a specific location where I went and got them but now I've been missing packages. One time they said it was delivered to me but it was at the post office. I went to the post office. They said it wasn't there. I went now to collect a Fashion Nova package few months later then the Macy's package resurrected from God knows where.

Now in this new case they refuse to refund my money on shoes I bought and never got. It said my item was delivered. I came home. Search around the place. No item. I got angry because I was told wait few day and see if my neighbor had it which I explained to them if it's not in the hallway I won't receive it anyways. I waited like they said. They wanted to give me back the shoes but they weren't for me. They were for my mom who was traveling the next day. I explained all of that. They said 10 days until my refund. I waited then now they're going to tell me they cancel future shopping experiences with me and I can't get back my money. My money I worked for just went down the drain and to someone else to enjoy in my mom's shoes. I swear Macy's isn't right!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Purchased lamps from Macy's online. When they were delivered, both were broken! Returned them promptly. Received credit for only one, took 3 phone calls to finally get credit for the other but now they have charged me a late fee! When I called- a 4th time to get the late fee refunded I got the full run around, including now all of a sudden they couldn't speak to me- only my husband, the primary card holder! I love shopping at Macy's but this is the second time I've had to deal with their very poor customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Hi, I am very disappointed in the customer service offered by Macy's. I have been a loyal customer for a long time. This is my first time purchasing furniture from Macy's. It took me a long time but I finally picked out the couch that I had loved for my new home. Since it was a custom color I was told it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery. As I followed up throughout the weeks this was delayed, out to 10 weeks. Since I loved the color of the couch I was okay with waiting, even though I had already signed my lease based on the 8 weeks estimate.

Last week I finally got my couch. I checked the couch for scratches etc and found it to be in good shape. A week later I decided to measure out the living space in my apartment for other pieces of furniture I would be ordering. Come to find out the couch they sent is the wrong size. My couch is supposed to 109" and the couch I received is only 89", a whole 20" difference. The specific couch does not even come in 89" so I am not sure how they managed to come up with this. I was upset but I called Macy's in hopes they will assist since the error was on their part. They told me they can put in a request for an exchange and I would not receive my couch until July 20.

The first rep hung up on me. The second rep told me there is nothing they can do but to just wait it out. I told them this would mean it took 4 months to get my couch, it was a mistake on their part and if there is anything that can be done to at least expedite it, even a little. Not even apologetic for the situation he simply said he was going to stop addressing this situation. I asked if he they could retrieve the incorrect couch so I can get a refund. The answer was, "No, you have to wait until July 20th." I told him I paid for a couch that I did not request for. In short, the answer was basically "TOO BAD SO SAD". I cannot believe this. A new couch for my very first home, I was so excited and this experienced turned into a complete nightmare. Jennifer

Original review: May 10, 2019

I bought a Mother's Day present online through Macy's and selected the pick up option. When I went to pick it up they said I would have to wait 3 hours to get it but that I had the option to buy the product in store and cancel the order. They refused to just go grab the product real quick and just give it to me. I went to the location to ask them and they said to buy the product and cancel the order so I bought it (second time paying) and went to cancel. The lady at the desk says I can't cancel in store. That I have to call.

I call and wait 30 mins to get assistance. I am then told that I can't cancel on call because the item had already been ready for pick up (so the lady in the store lied). I had to fight for 30 mins before they agreed to cancel. (That was last night). This morning I get an email that the items have been shipped because I didn't pick it up! I am currently on call with them and once again they want to tell me I can't get a refund nor will they cancel my order. That is two charges of $119 they refuse to give back. Advice: DON'T SHOP MACY'S.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Yesterday I inquired to Macys.com about a warranty issue with an item I had received as a Christmas gift. The item was expensive and had a defect. The manufacturer told me I would have to deal with Macy's directly. Unfortunately, the local Macys permanently closed so I contacted Macys online chat. I had to explain the situation several times. I was told I needed to drive 4 hours (to a different state) and find a Macy's store. I mentioned what a huge inconvenience that would be and not even reasonable to ask. I just wanted a replacement of the item that had a defect but apparently, this was not an option since I received it as a gift and we do not have a local store anymore.

I finally was transferred to chat with a supervisor. He then also suggested that I drive to a Macy's store -which happened to be located across the county on the east coast. The supervisor then offered to call me and contact a Macy's store in Colorado which would otherwise be the 4-hour drive for me. I somehow missed the call and was left a generic voicemail. I went on to the chat and asked for the supervisor to please call me again. When he called back, he said there was someone from Macy's on hold that could help. He then transferred me without telling me. I was confused because he said he would call the store with me to explain the situation and see what options were available.

I was transferred to another customer service rep who was just as confused as me. I had to explain the whole entire situation again. She told me her supervisor was busy and he would have to call me back - which never happened. I wasted at least an hour of my time explaining the situation, was told to drive 4 hours to do a return at the store in Colorado and then be blown off by the supervisor. How unprofessional. The customer service is a joke. I can see why Macy's went out of business and I will not buy from them ever again!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Updated on 05/07/2019: This is an updated review from my recent May 3rd post. After I posted this review to Macy’s customer service a store manager reached out to me and has been extremely helpful. However, in my last review I mentioned that I was being sent the item I originally ordered. I just received it today and of course they sent me the wrong color. Even though in my new confirmation email the color was the original one I ordered. I’m not sure who they have working for them or how this process could get so messed up this way, but I can safely say (again) that I will NEVER EVER order from Macy’s. This has been the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original Review: I ordered an item 3 weeks ago to have delivered to the Macy’s in South Park. I picked up my order 3 days (April 23) after it arrived at the store. Today I opened the package and it contained another customer's order and all of their information to the person it was originally supposed to be delivered to. I find that completely unprofessional to give someone else’s information to another customer. I called Customer Service and spoke to a gentleman who told me he could resend my original order to the store. I told him I needed this for a gift by this Sunday, it’s Friday. He told me he would check if they had it in stock at the store before I drove an hour to go and get everything sorted. Apparently South Park had the item I wanted so I was told I could pick it up today and return the wrong item I received at the Macy's store.

I get to the store to find out that I not only can’t return the item through the store, but that they didn’t have the original item I was told they had in the store at all. So now after all of that I had to reorder the item (without any discounts for all the trouble I went through) to get it shipped to South Park mall that is an hour away from me. Now I won’t have the gift in time and will have to find time to pick it up sometime next week. I called Customer Service again while I was in the store to explain what was happening. This time a lady answered and I told what I had been told previously by customer service and what I was being told by the associates at the store. She told me that what the gentleman had told me earlier today was all a mistake and that she couldn’t do anything for me. I can honestly say I will NEVER order from Macy’s ever again. This unprofessional service was not worth it.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I've had a long standing relationship with Macy's, and overall have been pleased. But recently I ordered a Henckels Classic Knife Block set for store pickup. Traveling to Cool Springs, the set they provided was Henckels International Classic. I refused this set as it differs from my order. I returned home and ordered online for shipping, thinking it was a mistake. Two days later I received the order, and it was also the Henckels International. The Web Id and descriptions are different on these two products, so I'm not sure what is going on with Macy's. Their 'customer service' wasn't much assistance and I still do not know why both shipments were incorrect, and Macy's CS cannot tell me. Very disappointed with this experience.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Macy's pls change your online customer service provider overseas before all your customers stop buying from you. They constantly give bad customer service by talking too much and doing very little. Because they live in another country they do not understand our norms, how things work in the US and lack of valuing our time. They are so inefficient to the extent of failing to send a confirmation email which didn't come even after I called again to remind them as I need this email for my records since we freshly got a Macy’s credit card online and this is what we used to pay for the order. Why a new credit card? Because our order has been cancelled 2x with our old Macy’s credit card.

We moved states so our phone and address is different but Macy’s online customer service don’t understand that and had given me the roundabout. They make outrageous recommendations; to call our phone carrier to include my name so when they call to verify, my name will show up not just my husbands. They said it like they work at Metro PCS and assuming these changes can be done quickly and over the phone. Spent 3 hours on the phone with them; talked to several people, phone called got disconnected 4x, have to call them again because no one calls me back even after telling them to call back because I already got disconnected numerous times. I had been trying to order since Saturday for prom dresses for my daughter as her prom is fast approaching and now it’s Thursday. 6 days of annoying customer service and they still can’t make it right!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased pair of Curvy Capri jeans online (reg price $59.50, sale price $47.60 with an additional 30% discount using FRIEND code for a total purchase price of $33.32 plus tax). The jean were available at my regular store so I picked them up on Sunday. When I got home I noted the price tag on jeans themselves was Macy's Everyday Value at $29.98. Customer Service was defending the price practice by saying that price may differ from store to store throughout the country. Not true, these jeans were listed at twice the in-store regular price. We have had several problems with Macy's Customer Service in the past which resulted in our closing accounts and our not patronizing Macy's for two years. They tried to cheat me, but I am returning the jeans today in person and will make sure that anyone in earshot will know about Macy's pricing practices. Hopefully, I will save someone.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Worst customer service line and the absolute worst policy for their credit cards or when they owe you money back. Who sends a check in the mail any longer when you owe ME?! They won’t send it directly to your account... but through a check as if they are still stuck in the 80’s. Their credit card has done nothing good for my credit and has been giving me grief since I received it. DO NOT get their credit card. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Will never shop at a Macy's again.

Macy's Company Information