2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (1515 ratings)

About Macy's

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 19, 2021

Enjoy the 3 story Macy’s in downtown Philadelphia, it gives you the feeling of old High End Stores from days gone by. Plus the deals you can find on items in Clearance or “Last Act” as Macy’s likes to call it, are incredible. I also feel with Macy’s I am getting a quality product at a fair price and returning something I did not like once I got it home, has never been a problem.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Macy's overall is a store that has quality service, standards and products. If an item goes on sale after you buy you can get the difference back. If an item you no longer want you can return for your original refund or a giftcard. They have great in-store customer service. It's my number go to place to shop for just about everything. The items I buy last a long time too and If you can't find an item in store they will ship it to your home. Just overall great!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2021

They play the sale game like all retailers but their return policy is the best. I only dinged them for the website as it's clunky and not intuitive at checkout. One of my samples was out of stock and I was not offered another sample. My free gift was ultra confusing and I couldn't find it in the cart. I wasn't able to change my shipping address and the wait time for customer service was 40 minutes.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Macy's is always clean and the sales they have are for anyone. The staff always go above and beyond for me even though I do not spend a lot there. I never would have thought Macy's was for people like me on a budget. But watching their sale ads I got a great deal on an air fryer for $25.

Original review: May 4, 2021

In 2020 Macy's has become my "go to" store. Macy's used to be associated with high prices but with changing times I find their prices to be very reasonable compared to other retailers. The only downside is that the % of coupons I receive in the mail are never usable because it seems every brand I'd ever purchase is excluded from the sale coupons. As a result I no longer even try to read the find print on the back of the discount coupons. Don't get me wrong - I shop Macys, I just don't bother trying to utilize coupons issued. Therefore if it's a reasonable price or on sale for a great price I purchase -- but if not, I simply don't. I guess what I'm saying is that with so many exclusions Macys is really wasting money printing out and mailing coupons most of us simply shred.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Do not place an online order with Macy's! They tell you something is in stock, claim that they have shipped the order so they can charge your credit card but they don't actually ship it. They then sit on your money for an indefinite period before they return it to you. I am sympathetic to Covid related delays and shortages but why do they debit your credit card before they ship? If they don't have stock just say so and don't take my money!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Macy's in store shopping is fine and their online ordering process is acceptable, however if there is ever a problem with an order, you are in big trouble. Their customer service representatives are very poorly trained and seemingly have no interest in solving a problem. I ordered an item on October 16, and am still trying to get it shipped. I have been given stories included expedited shipping only to find that the order has not yet shipped. I asked to replace the shipment and was refunded instead, after being told to wait a few days for someone to send me an email.

I had to speak with a supervisor, which was extremely time consuming and difficult, because after finally convincing the agent that I really did need to speak to a supervisor, I was put on hold for an inordinate amount of time before actually speaking to one. By the time the order was actually placed, and I am hoping that it was actually placed, because I have not received it yet, two of the three items that I ordered were sold out. If I receive the order within the next 5-6 business days, as promised, I will have waited one month to receive this order.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I decided to give Macy's a try, and ordered some items for my mother's birthday. When I get the order confirmation, it showed the gift AND the bill were going to my mother's address! I hurriedly contacted customer service, but did not know they were so PISS POOR! The first CSR didn't know her job, and hung up on me after I requested to speak to a supervisor - 26:19. The second CSR said if I had called within 30 minutes, the order could have been fixed, and she promised she wouldn't hang up, but she did too.

I called back again and spoke to a young man who was so kind and apologetic, but the damage had already been done. He got me through to a supervisor and now my problem is fixed. It could have been fixed the first call. Again, Macy's customer service sucks and I will never shop there again! Took nearly an hour though.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I am or have been a devoted Macy's customer for umpteen years and have NEVER experienced the store in such disarray. I shopped in Macy's Freehold, NJ where clothes were trashed on the floor. I found apparel from one section in an.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have bought a lot of products online since the pandemic and even before I bought a lot of my items using the Macy's app. I had a problem with my rewards money when I wanted to use it to save some money when purchasing an item. The rewards money was not taken into account when checking out. I ended up calling Macy's customer service, the first agent who took my call redirected me to another agent claiming that my problem was with another department, then the second redirected me to his supervisor who sounded on the phone like she was driving and didn't try to solve my issue, claimed she couldn't understand what I was saying pretending it was because of my accent (yes I'm an immigrant and I speak with an accent) but it's not the reason for being rude and hanging up on me. And it wasn't the first time that I had been treated rudely by their customer service rep.

Macy's Company Information