Macy's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just spent 30 or more minutes on the phone. On my online account they have one item that does not go into my cart. All other Macy's items go into my cart. I only have one other item in there. All I wanted was someone to put this item into my cart or find out if it was out of stock even though it says it's in stock. When I press add it just keeps cycling. The first person at the sales dept kept ignoring me and saying okay what is your credit card number. I said I didn't want to purchase it on the phone, just put this item in my cart. Then she would ignore me again and say "So if you just give me your card number..." I told her I had used Firefox and Chrome & everything else worked fine except this one item. She then said to check my internet connection. I said my internet is fine it is this one item. She said, "You probably have too many items in your cart." I told her I had 1 item. So finally (but her tone was super rude) she sent me to tech support. Hahaha.

The woman there (seriously sounded like the same one, it seriously might have been) didn't ask for my account, or the item number and said she was not able to help me with this and would send me back to Macys.com. I said I didn't understand, was that person a tech support? She said "It is Macys.com. They can help you." So I get sent back (though it sounds like same person again) and now being asked for the item number. She then said she put it in my cart. So I refreshed everything and it was still not in my cart. She told me AGAIN to delete all history and close everything again. It was not in my cart. Then she said, "Give me your credit card." I said, "Wait are you tech support?" She said, "No just customer service." I think she just LIED about putting it in my cart. It's still not in there.

She supposedly put me back 2nd time to tech support. Sounds like same woman. And funnily says her name is the same as mine. And said she could put the item in her own cart. After putting me on hold. You could hear her snacking also. Probably laughing as well. Probably the same exact person. I finally gave up. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. Seriously sick people working on customer support who don't give a crap, treat people disrespectfully but say "Ma'am" a lot, ignore what you are saying, talk over you. It's like talking to a 7th-grade girl who bullies other teens. That's how it felt. I noticed their number is 1800buymacy. Not very subtle huh. Nope. Done. I was in a good mood before that. I'm certain it was someone who didn't want to work, wanted to just eat chips and was also just messing with customers for fun. Sociopath behavior.

Since July 2016 (it is now February 2017), Macy's website cannot connect to the bill-pay at their bank (Citibank). To make matters even worse, Macy's states that they have sent paper statements, but the paper statements never arrive. Macy's is flirting with extinction - more than one person I know has shut down their Macy's account and turned in the card back to Macy's. There should be a way for Macy's to rectify this website error of not being able to connect to Citibank and thus not being able to pay online. I would like the problem fixed.

DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT IF POSSIBLE. This is one of the most mousy credit cards I've ever had to deal with. I made a purchase May 2016 for about $30. I made an error and paid a balance slightly short of $30, and for the past 6 months they've proceeded to charge me with a "minimum $2 interest charge". Their email notifications never indicate that you have an outstanding balance. I caught this around September/October 2016, yet they proceeded to charge me for another three months because of the way they calculate their rolling interest. I caught this today and canceled the card, but I have no faith that they won't continue to charge me $2. You'd think that after you pay a balance in full they'd stop charging you, but clearly this is not the case. Then when you want to log back into your account to pull up the 6 months of interest, their website is conveniently down for maintenance.

On September 9, 2009 I lost my wife to ovarian cancer at the age of 44, after my wife death my wife sister and her niece probated my wife estate without my knowledge, and told the court my wife was not married. They froze all of my assets in Bank accounts. I fell behind on my Macy's account, I was able to get this matter resolved. I paid Macy's over $1,500.00. I brought my account current. On or about May of 2010. I moved to Florida, I contacted Macy's to set up an auto bill pay. I explain to them I will be leaving the country, doing that time I had a credit limit of $3,000.00 with a balance under $220.00. Macy's proceeded to collect the money from my checking account through the auto bill pay I set up.

After one year I returned back to the U.S. I discovered a derogatory reporting by Macy's on my credit report. I contacted Macy's concerning this matter, I was told by a representative the bill pay I set up was good for one year. I told the representative I was not informed of this when I set up the auto bill pay. I stated I had a balance with Macy's under $50.00 and was told the new balance is $216.00. I disputed the amount, I tried to get Macy's to remove this from my credit report in return I will pay the amount of the balance of $50.00. I was told this account is in collection, I will have to pay the full amount. I refuse to pay the amount requesting. I am extremely shocked the way Macy's handle my complaint. From 2015 to 2016 I purchased over $2,460.00 at Macy's. I am not doing business with Macy's any more, I will not recommend this company to anyone.

I needed a warm blanket since I just moved to the mountains and found a good buy online from Macy's. Actually this was the first time I ever bought anything from Macy's. Too expensive for me but when I saw the price I ordered it online. The website really wasn't very good and my order never went through so I had to use the phone and call in the order. This was on December 18th 2016 and I talked to Julieth who placed the order for a king-size Berkshire blanket the color Prosecco. The total came to $19.63 which I use my debit card to pay. When I took off the blanket today to wash it the blanket was completely shedding all over my comforter and my sheets.

I posted a picture of this mess of a blanket on my Facebook and on Macy's Facebook and it was probably an automatic, very quick reply asking if there's anything else they can do to help. I have not heard back since I want my money back even though it's not very expensive. I don't know how they can possibly sell a piece of trash like this. Never in my life have I ever seen such shedding on a blanket! This is a first and I'll never be shopping at Macy's ever again. They didn't even offer a refund. Since I'm stuck with this blanket I'm actually going to donate it to the animal shelter here to at least keep dogs warm but I don't know if they would even take it! :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

My 64 year old mother went to Macy's in August 2016. The woman at her local Macy's counter in Queens told her the face cream she wanted was not currently in stock, but she'd take my mom's info and let her know when it arrived, then charge her. A few days later my mom noticed they had already charged the full amount even though she hadn't received the product. She went down to the store and told the salesgirl to cancel and refund the order. The salesgirl "promised" she did. Lo and behold, instead of refunding the charges, they somehow refunded, then charged again, then tacked on more charges. The total bill ended up being close to $200 by September... for a product my mom never received and had requested a refund for within the approved refund time.

Macy's called her to collect the bill for 3 months. My mom told me every time she spoke to them they'd assure her the account was fixed, the charges were lifted, then 2 weeks later the calls would start again. Initially I didn't believe her because what major company is that inept? Then I called myself on January 10th 2017. It took about 20 minutes to get a customer service agent on the phone who couldn't help me at all. Then another 20 minutes to get another agent on the phone. Then (yup) another 20 to 30 minutes to get another agent who just kept insisting the charges were correct, and when I became frustrated at their bald-faced lying, she hung up on me.

Then I went online and used Macy's customer chat and chatted with an agent for 3 hours. He seemed super helpful, and after much, much confusion and speaking to many departments, he ultimately concluded my mom did not owe anything and all of the charges were in error (surprise!!). He again assured me that this time the issue was fixed, it would take effect within 1 to 2 billing cycles, and he gave me a Case ID so I could have peace of mind.

Yesterday on January 25th 2017, an agent from Macy's billing called to collect the $200+ bill I do not owe. I checked my account online and sure enough, instead of removing the false charge they just tacked a late fee and an interest charge on it. It took a while for me to get the woman to understand that I didn't just want her to remove the late fee & interest -- the entire balance was false!! She "fixed it" and again assured me that this is really the last time. We will see if that's the case. After the call I sent 2 messages to Macy's customer service hoping for a written response from them. They emailed me claiming they responded via "secure message" on their credit card site, but sure enough when I went to check the message the website didn't work.

This is the most mind-boggling, underhanded, ridiculous experience I have ever had and I don't understand why it's legal. Please know the Macy's credit card is a complete scam and they seem to unfortunately be targeting elderly people. Truly despicable and I am still waiting to see if the 8th times' the charm and my mother's issue will really be resolved. Most likely it won't and we will have to pursue legal action.

I love Macy's. The only thing I would like Macy's to improve on is the diamond stud earrings, should have a more secure back clasp to hold the earrings securely attached in place on the ear lobe. I purchased 3 pairs of diamond stud earrings and each time I wear them I have to check my ears too often to make sure my studs have not slipped off and gotten lost. I also have to pinch the back clasp to move it back in place.

I had to recently contact Macy's customer service because of a broken Michael Kors phone cover I received. It was a nightmare. The customer service reps spoke very broken English and, even though they agreed to send me a replacement immediately, they sent it to the wrong address. Apparently, a lot of companies are routing their calls overseas to deal with US customer service issues. When I called back to tell them they sent it to the wrong address, they ended up charging me because they had already sent one replacement. The replacement they sent to the wrong address, which of course to this day I have never received.

Fortunately, I paid through PayPal and did receive a refund once I got them involved. I used to love Macy's, but their customer service sucks. I actually found myself looking for a pair of shoes the other night but refused to look at Macy's because of my experience. More and more US companies are closing and I doubt Macy's is far behind if this is the type of service they offer.

Having been trying to get onto the Macy's website for 3 days. It states my user id or password is not correct when I know it is correct. I have clicked on the reset password link to get an email sent to me over 10 times and I have yet to get an email from Macy's. I contacted Macy's and they state they are making big enhancements to their system for February and it will not be working for a couple of days. I told them that doesn't get my bill paid. They told me to call tomorrow morning but I work early as I have an offshore team in India and I can't call during the time their Credit Dept. is open. I always pay on the website. So don't get a Macy's credit card.

WHEN I see cute clothes online I check to see if it's in the store. It's not. I live near Daytona Beach Fl and Sanford FL. Why don't you carry the nice selection of tops and jeans in these stores? You always have to order the items pay shipping and handling, WHICH YOU DON'T GET THE SHIPPING FEES BACK IF YOU HAVE TO RETURN THE ITEM. SHAME ON MACY'S. Now I see why people tell me to not shop at Macy's!!!

I ordered a pair of boots and got one free on Cyber Mon. Good deal I thought, until one pair didn't fit. I went 60 miles to the closest Macy's store. Had receipt in hand, they couldn't bring PayPal up (that how I paid). Said I would have to mail back to store, which I did. That was first of Dec. I have called 3 times, they have boots but I have not received a refund to my PayPal acct. Better think twice before you order online from Macy. They owe me $128.00.

The ad says, Deal of the day, $49.99 diamond ring. Reg $200, 1/4 Ct t.w. Ring in white, yellow or rose gold or sterling silver. WebID 2886795. The rings are plated, not gold like the ad says. Is this false advertising, bait and switch or exceedingly poor business practices. I was very disappointed and I'll never shop at Macy's again.

I recently was shopping at Macy's in the mattress department. Upon encountering a salesman, I told him I was just price shopping. I had a mattress that I bought at Macy's 1/2/2011 that is sagging in the middle. I was frustrated with the idea of buying another. The salesman told me about the store's 10 year warranty on mattresses and encouraged me to have mine checked out. I have to say, I was impressed! On 12/16/2016 an inspector came out and said he could clearly see that I had sagging in the middle. He proceeded to do his required measurements and found 1 & 3/4" - 2" of sagging, beyond normal wear and tear (which is 1 & 1/2" or less). I had no stains on the mattress, but unfortunately the law tag had been removed. He then passed me to the customer service representative with Macy's.

She told me that my mattress indeed was within the limits of the warranty. Usually they would credit the amount you paid for it and exchange or apply that to a new mattress. In my case $1146 but because I didn't have the law tag, the warranty no longer applied. What they could offer me was 10% off of another mattress. I am so unhappy with this answer. I have contacted Macy's customer service via Facebook, also called their customer service line again now that I have found my original receipt. Same answer, "10% is the best we can do". I have been a long time, loyal Macy's customer. I bought my couch there, had my wedding registry in 2015 there, do all of my Christmas and most of my personal shopping there. To not have decent compensation for a defective product is appalling to me. The original salesman that I dealt with was wonderful.

When I found out how they might stand behind their product and they sent someone out to my house, I was thrilled and very impressed. To find out that because a tag is missing and because of that the whole product satisfaction is null and void and to be offered a mere 10% is horrible. Both of the "customer service representatives" I have spoken with were embarrassing. They had no empathy. This is a faulty product even by Macy's standards! Even their inspector said it's obvious. Both women I spoke with didn't even apologize. I asked if I could speak with a supervisor, after a long pause the same woman came back and said, "ma'am I am almost a supervisor", but I know they will say the same thing. That is "all I can offer you is 10%off". Really poor Macy's. I would NOT buy bed from them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

This is my first time ordering from Macy's. I was so excited to open my package to find out my $40 Anastasia Beverly Hills Sweets Glow palette was broken in pieces. I will not be purchasing high priced online items from them again. I'm praying my Bobbi Brown foundation comes to my doorstep fully intact.

I purchased an item online as a Christmas gift for a friend. The item didn't fit but the friend had thrown away the sales ticket to be able to return it on their own. I was able to sign in using my order number and process the return however exchange was that regular retail value instead of the sales value that I purchased the item at. In the upper right hand corner was a toll-free number available 24 hours a day so I called it. The representative that I spoke with processed the return and refunded my money immediately processed the exchange for the smaller product at the original sales price and even overnighted the item to me at no charge. The entire transaction over the phone took less than 5 minutes. I've never been more impressed with the retail customer service operation as I am with Macy's.

I ordered a pair of Oakley sunglasses for christmas. I received them and my boyfriend said that they didn't fit his face. I took them back to Macy's beverly center and we were going to trade them in for another pair. The salesman told me that Sunglass hut is a Vendor in Macy's and would not take the return. He said that I must mail them back. I printed out the free shipping label, took them to UPS and mailed them. I received an email saying that the return was in process and that I would receive a credit when the item reached its destination. I checked my tracking from UPS a few days later and notice that they were indeed returned. I called Macy's and they said that I would receive the credit back to my card within 24 to 48 hours.

The following day I received an email saying that they had issued me a gift card. This is fraud! I do not want the gift card, I want my credit for the item that I purchased. I called in 20 times and Macy's customer service keeps giving me the runaround. I have been a Macy's card holder for 17 years and never had anything like this happen before.

I use to LOVE Macy's but they are clearly telling the people from other countries that answer the phones for them to tell the customer what they want to hear then hang up. I'm not going away until they solve this issue. I am so disgusted with Macy's. In an email from Macy's, it clearly states that they would be issuing me a credit to my card upon receiving the return item. This is unacceptable. In the mean time, I am obviously paying interest on a returned item. I believe that this is being done to several customers on purpose because they need money as 68 of their stores are closing. The phone customer service is awful and this is why.

Last week of Dec 2016 found that my Macy's Auto payment credit card is set to withdraw $200+ on Dec 30th from my bank account for unknown reason (My auto payment is set for Jan 10th). I tried to access the links on my online account, Credit Summary, Payments, Statements, etc., they did not work. I called by phone, the automated system confirmed the pending withdrawal. I talked to the customer service, the lady confirmed the pending payment but could not find where it's coming from. She indicated she looked at my statements, which I cannot access online. Her solution was to cancel it and send me another card. I told her to delete my bank information which she said she did.

After few days, I found the new card is already entered as my card, which is weird since I did not have it yet and I should enter it myself. I tried to set up a payment on a $1.13 balance to be paid Jan 8th from the previous Dec Statement, which seems to be set OK. Everything indicated it's OK, except it did not really work. Instead, I had auto payment kick in and it was paid Jan 10th!! But I thought auto payment with bank account was deleted!!! Now worried again, I have been trying to use links on my login page (I do manage to login), but the links to Credit Summary, Payments, Statements, are not working (they go to a blank page with a rotating circle in the middle). Now I do not know whether my bank info is still there and if it's safe.

I bought 2 pairs of Nike sneakers online. When I got them they weren't right so I went to the store to return them. When I got there the lady in charge told me, "Those shoes were already use and they can't accept them". I told her we never wear them. We just try them on, so she said they must be sent you something use. I was so surprised. I did not. Macy's sale secondhand stuff. So I called customer services and the guy on the phone told me he would exchange and I ask him, "Where can I made a complain?" He said, "Go to the website" and I ask him if they would do something and he said, "I don't think so." I don't know if they even read it. I am still so mad because if I want to buy something used I rather go to a thrift shop.

I purchased a gold tone Bulova watch as a gift for my husband and received a Seiko box wrapped with a rubber band to hold to shut. Upon opening, it was the watch I ordered but it looked refurbished lacking the protective film on front and back. On closer inspection I see the 12 o'clock numbers just hanging like if it was not glued or welded on to the face of the watch itself. I am so disappointed and surprised that whoever was packing this actually shipped it out and thought it was acceptable. How can someone be expected to hand this over as a gift. Wow. More like a gag gift. Surprise it's not a Seiko!!! Geez.

Ordered an x small sweatshirt first week of Dec 2016 and received an x large. Went through aggravation of returning shirt and received same incorrect XL shirt two more times!! Never did get correct item and had to call three times just to get the final return label for 3rd incorrect item. Something seriously wrong with Macy's service and will not order from this company again! Never been so unsatisfied!

We bought a new Posturepedic Ivory Mist Firm mattress from Macy's department store in 2014. This bed has 2 potholes from laying in it already. I called customer service and they set up a inspection after 2016 Christmas. The inspector came out and said there was a 1 tag missing and a stain by toe of bed and ONLY sagged 1" not the 1 1/2" required. He had me call main Macy's customer service to tell me they could give me basically 10% off a new one. What a joke! I can get more off on one of the million sales they have. I bought couches, chairs and tables from them. I'm done! They should of researched my purchase history before they made a grand decision. Good luck Macy's on more store closings!

Every time I went in to the store with the history in mind of a great deal, I always went to Macy's first. However sales associate service has considerably declined over the last year and I always felt that the store was in complete disarray everyday I went in, including the weekends. My girlfriends and I started discussing the facts and all came to the final conclusion that Macy's was either turning into a ghetto Walmart store or it was on the way out!! Clearly we were right! I have never in my life seen people with such disrespect for others and that goes for the sales staff and customers.

Customers had a free for all in every dressing room with absolute disrespect among the customers that I'm sure translated into staff being so overrun by customers with absolutely no manners. However 2 wrongs don't make a right. I vowed before Christmas (and my girlfriends and I shared pics) that I would never step foot in another Macy's store and will never again. Out with the old and in with the new!! Happy 2017.

I had fraudulent charges on my Macy's American Express card, the customer service is horrendous! They reroute their calls to the Philippines and they keep you on hold for the longest time, not only that you have to hear the horrendous music while they have you on hold. I mean to get this fraud straighten out I was on hold and rerouted for 40 minutes. I just wish they would get someone that knows what they are doing! Ok as if the fraudulent charges were not enough I was sent a new card, I decided to order to check if all was ok. Well, let's just say part of my order was shipped to a IN address and I live in California. Don't know what the heck is going on but Macy's better wise up. They will be losing customers...

Be aware all the shoppers who go to Macy's furniture. We bought a sofa, love seat and a chair. The leather is peeling off and the color of the leather is coming off and when we called to see if they can help us they just ignored us and said it's been a year and there is no warranty. I would never recommend anyone there. Stay away from them.

Macy's had this special free shipping offer after Christmas I guess to generate revenue but Macy's failed to advertise that it was free economy shipping. I placed an order on the Macy's website so I did not have to go into a store to purchase my item. Advertised was free shipping with $49 purchase. My item was only $35.00 so I searched for something else to order to make it $49. I would not have ordered anything else and would have expected to pay for shipping but I fell for it.

A single delivery attempt was made and UPS "sorry we missed you" tag was left on the door giving me instructions on where to pick up my package. The place of business is 1/2 mile away from my apartment and I do not drive but walk with a cane. That would make it one mile round trip walking with a cane and a package that is probably cumbersome and needs two hands.

The place of business is located in a section of town one would not want to be in after the Sun went down and probably should have another person when going there in the daylight. If I had wanted an outing, I would have got on BART to Union Square, gone to the downtown Macy's, make my purchase and return home. A walk of 8 blocks each way. It would have been one package instead if two and I would have saved myself some money.

Today is a holiday and I won't know if any additional delivery attempt will be made as this door tag is not the regular UPS 1st attempt tag. If I had known what Macy's defines and "free shipping", I would have never made an on-line purchase or spend the extra money to take advantage of this "free shipping" I feel as though I have been deceived and taken "advantage" of and will still have to get to this shady business to pick up my order.

I had 7 bottles of Chanel perfume fraudulently charged to my Macy's card. The total amount was over $900. Someone also called impersonating me and increased my Macy's card limit to $2,000. The fraud department at Macy's terrible. Someone ordered 7 bottles of perfume and shipped it to an address not associated with me out of state. The online address that was listed as my billing address was not the current address associated with my card (it was my old address - not the address where the perfume was shipped). None of this flagged a fraud alert and no one contacted me. I reported this fraud in November.

Over one month later I receive a notice to my old address (my parent's house) that Macy's has processed my returns for 3 bottles of perfume and issued gift cards. How can this continue to happen when I have updated my address and listed the charges as fraudulent 1 month before these returns were processed? Why is this notice still being sent to an old address? I requested my account be completely shut down when I called in November. Calling and talking to the fraud department is a long frustrating process. I would not recommend anyone open a Macy's account.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I wrote a rather scathing review yesterday regarding my experience with Macy's international online service. After a harrowing 90 minutes on the phone with people who meant well but would not help, I was contacted by the head office today, specifically the executive office. This was following a zinger of an email I had sent directly to the big boss. To be honest I did not expect a response and just wrote it off as a good venting exercise. Imagine my surprise this morning when I heard a voice mail asking me to return their call.

I spoke to a charming professional young woman who not only patiently listened to my complaint, but asked very pointed questions and did not try to hide behind excuses. Here in Canada, we call this the Maple Leaf food approach. She offered a more than kind solution and even if she had not I would have walked away feeling validated, and heard which at this point was exactly what I was asking for. I will buy again from this company just because they deserve it. (And they have great sales).

C of Ottawa, ON on

Original Review

I recently purchased several pieces of undergarment from Macy's Canada. The last order came in today and I have now been on the phone for 45 minutes waiting for resolution. I have been told that one of the items I paid for (tax and customs as well) is no longer available in my size. Which means that they sold me an item that they did not have. Knowing that, the order came in with no mention of the missing item. What did they think? That I would not notice? Their solution is to reimburse me. The problem at my end was that this was a set and therefore I would not have bought the first item had I known that the other was not available. I am not sure how this works south of the border, but up here, selling something and getting paid for something you are not in position to sell is not only questionable, but I would dare to say illegal.

I gave them the option of sending a different colour and she was adamant that it could not be done. After asking to speak to a supervisor I was transferred to Jona, who was going to help me but... the line went dead (for the second time). I called again, and then I found out that I am calling the Philippines. Needless to say that when I called back Jona was nowhere to be found. I then asked to be transferred to the States in the hope that common sense would kick in.

By then I have been on the phone for over an hour trying to resolve the most obtuse kind of problem. Well, I was quickly informed by the nice lady in the US that I would have to call back tomorrow in the Philippines because, international sales are not handled in the US. My advice: if you live in Canada, drive to the US and shop all you want, but stay away from Macy's international. You have little or no recourse, and frankly, no one cares if you are not happy. This is really sad because, Macy's has a lot to offer, but serious catching up to do when it comes to online shopping.

There are 5 charges with the exact amount of money ($131.44) on my Macy's card right now. Called them several times but they sent me a letter asking me to report the fraud to the 3 national credit reporting agencies; otherwise it would affect my credit score!!! They asked if I had reported the incident to the police! Never had such a ridiculous experience with any credit companies! I have Amex, Visa, Walmart, Target, and... but none of them treated me like this!

I 1st spoke to one rep from Macy's on wed 12/21, she processed my order for a family pajama set size M only size she said was available. I advised her I needed the pajama fast because it was for Xmas. She added the shipping 1-2 days which I had to pay $19 extra. (no problem). I used a Macy's gift card that originally was from the same pajama that was returned because of size didn't fit. No more in the store. So I use the gift card and the remaining on a credit card.

Order was processed. Email confirmation was sent, then I saw that there was a Small available. The size I originally ask for. So I Immediately called back. Lady answered heavy accent. I told her I just placed order and would like to see if I can exchange it for the small one instead. She says fine have to cancel the entire order, then have to place another one. Mind you I paid using a gift card so even if the order was canceled I wouldn't be able to use that again. I explained this to the lady which is why I didn't want to cancel. She is a very fast talker who really didn't listen as to what I was saying to her. So we cancel the order she made another. I told her over and over again I needed it by Christmas so please make sure she had the express shipping which will get here by sat. She said ok that she was even going to waive the shipping.

I really didn't mind paying the shipping. Only thing I was concerned about was making sure it was going to get here in time. My family of 5 everyone else had theirs waiting on the last one for Xmas pictures. She placed the order, I ask her again when is it going to be here. She said the 27th. I lost it. Now please tell me what was she doing when I expressed to her over and over to make it express shipping.

I told her to put a manager on the phone. She still tries to convince me that we could cancel this order (this will make a 3rd time) for her to do it over with the express shipping. I told her, "No I want to speak to a manager." She then puts me on hold, after couple minutes past she comes back on saying she spoke to her manager and he told her that Macy's has a guaranteed 2-day shipping for the holidays. I told her that I needed to hear that from an manager because that's strange; all of sudden Macys has a 2 day guaranteed shipping when mind you the 1st order I placed I paid a additional $19.95 for express 1-2 day shipping. So she puts him on the phone and he assured me that my order would be at my residence by the 24th Saturday because they (Macy's) has a guaranteed 2-day shipping for the holidays. He even said I just made the deadline.

After hearing that I felt more relieved. So Saturday Xmas Eve comes still no delivery from Macy's!!! So you can see how extremely upset I was. Not only did 2 reps lie to me our Xmas family pictures was ruined!!! It's like they just told me anything to get me off the phone! IF THAT'S HOW YOU TRAIN YOUR REPS I SUGGEST YOU TRY A DIFFERENT APPROACH. I don't know how Macy's system works but it would have be a lot easier for her to just change my order instead of putting me through some much frustration. Would be taking this BBB as well.

I ordered an e-gift card for $100.00 on 12/24/16 and never received it in my email. It wasn't in junk folder either. This was a gift for my son's girlfriend. It was completely humiliating to not have a gift for her on Christmas because I never got it. Called customer service on 12/26/16. I waited on hold 15-20 minutes to talk with a person. She couldn't figure out why I didn't receive it, put me on hold to get her supervisor, and disconnected the call in the process. I called back in, waited forever again, and 2nd person said she would email the gift card again. Put me on hold. I waited over 30 minutes and she never came back. Called back in. Waited 40 minutes before getting a rep on the phone. I was explaining about never receiving the gift card and he hung up on me.

I was frustrated but still trying to be nice. I wasn't cussing or yelling or anything, but still very unprofessional on his part. This is how you treat your customers??? Called back in and got 4th person who said she would email it again, but it would take 24 hours to receive it. On what planet does it take 24 hrs to receive an email? I never got the first one, why would I assume I would get this one? I asked to talked to her supervisor and currently have been on hold 45 minutes waiting for supervisor. I am 3-4 hours into this and no one has helped me. I don't know what I am supposed to do. Just let them keep my money??? I am feeling like I got completely ripped off and would have never expect this from a company like Macy's. This is ridiculous. I will never shop at Macy's again!!! You don't have anything that everybody else doesn't have too. There is nothing special about your store. Your customer service is beyond ridiculous!!!

Macy's Company Profile