1.1/5 (31 ratings)

About Macy's

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Unfortunately I had a horrible disappointment with Macy's gift card service. On June 11th I got married, I received from a friend a gift card of 200 dollars, when I went to use it they had already used it. I immediately called my friend and he brought me the receipt so I could go to the store or call and try to resolve it. I went to the store where he made the purchase of the card. An attendant called the central and they said that this card would have been used, but they could not provide the data of who made the purchase, and only I would have had contact with the number of the card. I was the one who scratched the card, they said they would contact me by email or send me an opinion by post. Today it has been almost 3 months and until today I have not received any response. After visiting the store, I did too I sent an email and also got no response. Definitely don't buy a Macy's gift card.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Sunday Sept 4th 2022. Macy's customer service at Westshore Tampa Fl was the worst I've ever experienced in the US. I was trying to use a gift card that I got some time ago and the lady who was helping me was amazing and very patient but she couldn't authorize the transaction. I called the gift card company and they told me a manager had to overwrite the transaction. It took 45 mins for the Manager to show her face and after she came she did nothing. Macy's is overpaying managers for nothing. Losing money in hiring people that have zero customer service skills. She said she couldn't process the transaction. She had to enter it manually, and she refused to do it. She lost a client because will never come back to this store again. With all the current competition that retail have Macy's should take care of their clients. This was lack of detail, horrible customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Ordered expensive purse on sale from Macy's. Paid 25% off. When received purse it was ticketed at 60% off. I called customer service for adjustment on charge. They refused to adjust price. Said I could return purse if not happy. They would rather lose sale than adjust price. I spend $1000’s with Macys a year. Even if I didn’t they should have adjusted price. Bad customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Placed an order for several hundred $. They weren't able to ship the order so they canceled it, but I didn't get my money back. The customer service department informed me that I would only get my money back in two weeks because that is the company's policy. Yeah, you read it right. If they are not able to process your order their policy is to hold your money for two weeks. That wasn't right and asked to put me in touch with their boss to resolve this issue. But they just ghosted me and completely ceased to respond to messages.

All in all, a very unpleasant experience with their customer service department, it feels like they just want to get rid of you asap (of course masking everything with the usual phrases about how much they value you as a customer). I contacted my bank but they said they can't do anything until Macy's releases the payment. So here's how you lose money for a couple of weeks in a couple of clicks. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Several fraudulent purchases were made to my Macy's credit card. A fraud investigation was begun. I received a somewhat menacing letter from Macy's stating that if I didn't contact them within 10 days of the date on the letter, I may be responsible for the charges. I tried countless times to get through on the number listed but it didn't recognize my billing zip code. I could never bypass the automated loop and talk with someone. Even the local Macy's story sent me to the same number. I have yet to talk with a human being. Just sent a letter. At this point, I am prepared to go to court to protest these charges.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I had to put one star to be able to do my complaint. But there is no star in this review. I was waiting for a delivery from Macy's. I am a loyal customer since 1998. I never had any compliant. I noticed that Macy's these last years is not the same as it was before. The customer service and the store itself does not look professional and with the high standards it used to be. But even then I was very loyal with this store. Until, I had a very bad experience, first I bought a mattress that was delivered at my house with no box spring, they left the old box spring there without me noticing until I got home. The box spring since did not match the mattress was very high and that difficulted my way to jump in and out from the bed.

Finally they scheduled the deliver for last Friday August 5, 2022. They send me a text with confirmation for the delivery, also a voice mail and also they sent me tracking of their route so I can be prepared. At 12:00 noon they said I am the next in the route. All of a sudden it was 2:30PM and they still didn't come for the delivery so I called and in customer service Lisa for scheduling answered me and she was very rude and told me that I missed my delivery and I wasn't there. I explained her that I was there the whole time waiting and nobody knocked the door and she said they don't knock the door, that they only call. I told her I received a phone call at around 1:20pm and I immediately called and they put me on hold and no one answered. They never called me back or sent me any text saying they are there.

Lisa assumed I was lying and treated me without any respect. She only said, "Sorry you missed the delivery. Don't have anything available until next August 16, 2022." I asked her to speak with a manager and she refused to transfer me in the beginning saying that it will take too long, I asked her that I need my box spring since I already throw away the old box spring because the delivery was that day. She said even though I speak with the manager she will have to be the one to reschedule and I will lose my time since I was not there for the delivery, I told her to trust me that I was there, she said the only date she has is August 16, 2022, I told her I will wait in line for the manager.

Finally after 30 min James j the manager supposedly because later he said it was a supervisor not a manager, told me and treated me the same way as a liar, he said he has pictures that the drivers were there and I missed the delivery, then I asked him, "Please can you show me the picture of the front door that you have on file that proves that they went there?" He said he can not do that, then I asked him, "How does the front door looks? Can you describe it," and right there he noticed the drivers were not in the right address!!! That I was not lying!

The door they had was a white door with a stainless steel bar with a different knob. My door is brown black with glass panels and regular door handle. I was very upset because now the situation changed and tried to help me but he never follow up with the promised to deliver the mattress on Saturday or Tuesday. It was Friday at 2:30PM. They never attempt to come back and do the delivery.

I had to sleep in the mattress with no box spring because I threw away the old box spring since my delivery was confirmed. I told him to help me because the wooden rails can not hold too well the mattress, but he never contacted me again. On Sunday the wooden rails broke and I had to sleep since Friday in an uncomfortable and no steady mattress, my mattress that I bought in Macy's also was dented already for the lack of support. On Monday Jane called me and let me know she will do her best, I told her about my bed broken and the uncomfortable situation, then nobody called me again.

Today at 11:32AM someone from Macy's called me saying that the drivers are there in front of my door~NOBODY- let me know the day before or send me any text. I was at work. I had to rush and called my daughter to help me to open the door, as per my daughter the drivers were very rude and they didn't let her to take pictures of the broken frame before they placed the box spring. I called customer service very upset for again not taking care of me and let me know in advanced that they were coming to do the delivery today so I can arrange with work and present for the delivery.

Pat called me from customer service and said she called me today around 9:15AM to let me know they will be there today, really? I was already at work at that time and honestly I didn't hear the phone call and anyway I would not have time enough to ask permission at work or run to my house....I am very disappointed for MACY'S. I have a back pain for all these days I slept in that mattress with no box spring on top of broken wooden rails that I have to fix myself with metal bars so I won't be sleeping in the floor. I need someone serious to contact me as soon possible,

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

After contacting all the credit companies I deal with to notify them a change in address Macy’s was the only one that did not do a change of address. This resulted in my account being late. I contact them for a third time when a I discovered I had a small balance and paid it off. After speaking to a rep from Macy’s she told me they would send a letter to the three credit bureaus and reverse the late comments. On July 29th (approximately days later) they send me a email stating they can’t reverse it. I had a credit score of over 840 and now they dropped it to mid 700’s. After looking at reviews and talking to others who have this card they have experienced similar problems. DON’T EVER USE THIS COMPANY. Get a regular visa or master card. They treat and communicate much better.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Courtney supervisor online department informed today Macy's will not allow me to shop online because their carrier (UPS) lost my shipment. This has happened twice before. It is not entire shipments being lost it is one or two items out of a shipment totaling 10 or more items… I guess I won’t be shopping at Macy's any longer but I think there should be some sort of class action as I have read other consumers treated this way as well.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I purchased shoes for my daughter. They were too small. Filed a return on the app. Dropped the shoes off to ship back. 3 weeks later the shoes are sent back by Macy's. I called to find out what was going on. Customer service was no help at all and clueless to what happened. Told me to give the shoes away and I would receive the refund in 5-7 day. (I kept the shoes because this is my second online order and I had issues with the first order.)

Called back regarding my refund and was told to send an email with pictures of the shoes. On 6/29 they told me I would be contacted in 24-48 hours after explaining the issue twice before. On 7/8 I sent a email since no one ever got back with me. Today my email response was basically the same general email from 6/29. Long story short my order was place on 5/14. I filed a return claim on 5/22. As of 7/8 I have no refund and still no answers regarding my refund. It's only a matter of time before Macy's will be out of business. I definitely will save myself the headache going to Macy's anymore.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered online for Amount 181.72$, order had 5 bags. Called customer service after a week (Dec 6th, 2021) and I was told package must have got lost. I will get the refund automatically. But representative never made that note. Later status showed as I received it Nov 28th, 2021 without receiving it. Called several times, every I was told I will get refund and no action later. Called recently one of the ordering dept. Representative named John gave ref no. **. Said he will follow and process the refund.

So far last 2 months I spent 3 hours in each call. Sent follow up private messages, no actions yet. Many representatives were rude. They said, "Go ahead and cancel your credit card." Emailed them. There were 21 emails since last 1 month, each one come with different answer, they do not read through emails. I would like my 180$ refunded. I will not let this slide and will keep calling until I get my refund.

Macy's Company Information