3.46/5
Based on 2,233 ratings submitted in the last year

1579 Macy's Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Having moved to a new apartment in a new state; I needed furniture. I started shopping the Stonecrest Macy's Furniture Store, GA in hopes of finding something to ship to Florida. I walked in to Stonecrest location and met Justine. She was the only one on the floor. She handled the day and customers like a pro. She made me feel like I was the only customer in the store and I see that she made others feel the same. She's attentive, knows the products and most importantly understood the company's policies and was able to confidently provide the information and assurance I needed.

When I moved to Florida and decided to move forward with the order; Justine handled the order online and made everything so seamless. We knew what to expect every step of the way and things were handled exactly as she proposed. Working with Justine made my Macy's shopping experience a breeze and made a a return customer. I think I will call Justine when I'm ready to furnish the rest of my apartment. I liked her way of working.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They carry a nice selection of clothes and household items. Their cost is a little overpriced even after an item goes on sale and you use one of their coupons. I can stand that they refuse to carry wide size shoes in the same styles as their regular size shoes. They refuse to budge on carrying wide size shoes. No one wants to have to drive to a separate store after you purchase your clothes at Macy's but can’t pick up the perfect shoes to go with the outfit. I definitely don’t shop there as much just for that reason.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been customer of Macy's for many years. They are always my first shopping destination for all clothes/shoes shopping for our family. Now our son also shops at Macy's too. Their return service is also excellent. Want to see them around many more years. :-)

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I love Macy’s as it is one of the few clothing/home goods store in our area that sells quality merchandise. Macy’s offers brand name clothing that fits me well. Clothing always follows the trends. Pricing is reasonable. I know I can find something at Macy’s either in clothing for me, my grandkids, housewares.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This was the best experience we have ever had in purchasing a mattress from the buy at Fair Oaks with Scott as our associate. Scott sent us a gift certificate. So thoughtful. Then the delivery could not have been better. The two delivery guys, German and Ismall arrived on time, after calling. They were outstanding in that they followed instructions on how we wanted the bed setup and they also took care in making certain not to damage or break anything in the house when they had to move the mattresses. They cleaned up and made sure to show how to use the remote. They are the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I purchased both the Structural Plan Protection as well as the WNM Great Give Back 7 year accidental protection plan for my reclining sofa. After calling and being given the runaround by countless individuals, I finally was able to file a claim for an internal mechanism issue that was in need of repair or replacement. They emailed me a link to submit a video/photos in order to complete the claim. I did as instructed then, received an email stating my claim was denied because of it being out of the time frame of 15 days of the "incident." I called and again after over an hour and a half of being passed around from agent to agent and being placed on hold multiple times, I attempted to clarify that fact that when asked about the date of the "incident" I stated the first of the month as a general statement due to the fact that there was no "incident" that occurred.

I was then told that my claim would forever remain to be denied because there was literally nobody that could correct the date of "incident" to be within a 15 day window from when I called. I was told very sarcastically by a supervisor that she can't fix my mistakes and that I'm the one with the furniture so I should know when something happened to it. She then said that it would be my problem to deal with by paying their technician out of pocket to fix the issue. This is an absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable response as well as completely HORRIBLE customer service!!

Macy's has obviously trained these employees to seek out any small technicality with claims made by their customers in order to deny the claim and avoid actually honoring the protection coverage that was paid for. I will NEVER shop at Macy's again and will continue to make sure that everyone I meet is made aware of what a terrible place Macy's is to purchase furniture from, as well as, that their "protection plans" are a complete SCAM!!! Customer Service is absolutely NON-EXISTENT at Macy's!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Recently, I placed an order and the handbag came reeking of perfume...our family has respiratory issues and we only use NO FRAGRANCE! Additionally, who would want Macy fragrance on their person, even if one liked fragrance? It has become such a problem in your store and now online that it may become impossible to purchase anything from your stores or through the internet. Please refrain from adulterating your merchandise with chemicals!!

Original review: July 29, 2019

After the warranty period elapsed with no claims we filed for our rebate as the warranty states. We purchased and paid for this on 3/17/2012. On 3/23/19 we applied for our rebate. On that same day we received confirmation of our application and a rebate should received within 30 days. At the end of April 29th we inquired as to when our certificate would be sent. No response. Again on June 24th we again inquired and received no response. Called warranty co last week and spoke with a very rude customer service rep who said 90 days had passed and we can not get our rebate. We have done our part and now expect Macy’s and the warranty co to do theirs. Sales check # **. Dated 3/17/2012. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bartol

I can provide copy’s of emails sent to warranty co if needed. This seems like a very poor way to do business.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I was hung up on twice by Macy’s customer service. They don’t know when my package will arrive. One is now supposed to come by US mail. The other UPS. UPS is the big problem and I won’t order anything more unless it’s shipped by FedEx.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I ordered an Apple watch few days back. The package never arrived for 3 days. I called Macy's and UPS multiple times but they were unable to track my package. I asked for replacement when the watch was available in stock but they didn't accept the replacement. Next day UPS and Macy's said that my package was lost and when I asked for replacement they said the item is out of stock. I contacted local Macy's store to see if the item was available or not although it was not showing available online. The representative said it is available. I asked them to order a replacement for online and was also ready to go and pick it up. As soon I convinced them regarding ordering the item was marked out of stock. I feel Macy's lie to their customer. They are just worried about their money. If I had a choice I would not even give them 1 star.

Macy's Company Information