3.2/5 (7653 ratings)

About Macy's

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 23, 2022

I’ve ordered many items Through Macy’s website. One of these items hasn’t be delivered to me. I contacted them to get refund for that items. And here’s what did they replied: “we will not be processing any reshipments and/or credits on outstanding online orders that have shipped to you”.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I order a pair of women’s 8M Eastland shoes. Instead I received a pair of men's Eastland size 8D. The receipt shows I can return the shoes to a Macy’s store but there is no guarantees that the store will take the return. I tried calling and 2 times there was a 20 minute wait time in which both times when the customer service answered my call they then dropped my call. I don’t have time for this and expected more from a store such as Macy’s. I wanted confirmation that if I were to travel to their store’s location that the shoes they incorrectly sent would be accepted and I would receive a full refund.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I ordered a jacket, and twice I received the wrong size. I can understand a one-time error, but twice? I am very disappointed!!! I called customer service, and they were no help. I live very far from a Macy's store and UPS. It was all a waste of time and gas since I had to drive to a UPS twice to return items that Macy's sent incorrectly. In the end, I was not able to obtain the jacket since, after both attempts, they were out of stock. I am extremely disappointed with this experience! I was ordering the size I needed, and I was sent whatever size was available! Shameful! Waste of time and money!

Original review: April 11, 2022

They are the WORST store card I've ever owned. ....The website login doesn't work, so you cannot access your account to pay your bill. You are basically stuck having to visit a store, or call their 800 hotline, and deal with one of their outsourced CSRs.... who charge you an EXTRA $5 just to post a payment. A complete rip-off and unacceptable. .....THEN they closed my account without notice (per an 800 Rep) after I'd kept my account in good standing very almost 11 mos. One of their excuses... They were unable to "post my payment due to a bad routing or account number." ** I'd ALWAYS paid with the same account. ....I am sorry to Hades and back that I EVER opened an account with them. I've already filed several consumer complaints about their shady practices. Once I pay my account, I am DONE.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I applied for a card in 2019. In Jan 2022 I made a $15 purchase. Macy's pulled old address from an old account of mine and sent statements to the wrong address. In March I got collection calls for $70 (including late fees) and I paid off right away. But this incident lowered my credit score by 100 points and Macy's refused to provide a letter acknowledging it was an error for me to present to credit bureau. They are not accountable for their mistake at all and argue that I should have a "return mail code", even though I don't need one at all since I provided the right address. I am utterly shocked and extremely disappointed that they do not care the kind of negative impact of the mistakes they made to the lives of their consumers. I would never use or apply Macy's credit card again in the future.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I ordered three items on Macy's.com. The items were to come in two different shipments. I paid $28 for delivery. The first package said it was delivered but didn't show up until 4 days later. Okay, I got over it. The second package was supposed to contain two specialty pans, but only one was in the box. I waited a couple of days just to be sure it wasn't also running late. It never came. The preference of Macy's is to chat online with someone, but the chat kept just stopping and then started over. Finally, I called a local store in desperation and they connected me to a living person who said that she couldn't do anything until after three weeks, and that time started when I spoke to her, not when I first started to communicate with Macy's.

She said that on the 15th of the month she would call me back after she gets off work (why????) to let me know she would refund my money on the item then.

I would still pay for delivery, since I got the other pan. I like the items I received, and Macy's in general, but I WILL NEVER order online from them again, and since I am a disabled person, that means Macy's gets no share of the pie. Sad for us both.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Went to buy swimwear. Saw two racks that's stated 30% off or greater. Found unreal deals on shorts. When went to cashier she rang up and noticed the pricing did not match the ticket. Cashier said, "I need to call Manager," when I asked about the ticket pricing. John Dept manager came over. I explained to him about the pricing difference. He said it was a mistake. I explained to John not my issue if staff either put wrong price or not. He said, "Well I can't do anything." I asked for his boss which Allie store director came to see and I explained to her again the same. She said. "Well it ran out of ink."

I asked so all 150 items marked this way staff would not see ink problem? She said can't be right pricing which I again showed her signage stating 30% or greater. I think these Managers could have made the situation better but instead they said no. Customers don't know what deals are when or pricing. If you advertise 30% or greater then honor it. Will reach out to corp office which hopefully will find a resolution.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I purchased dinnerware from Macy's online. The company that sent the plates (did not come from Macy's) included a packing slip with their website. They sold the identical place setting for almost half of what Macy's sold it for. Macy's refused to meet their price. Buyer beware! Macy's is a rip off

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2022

This issue was not resolved by the initial customer service lady online, but by an in-store manager who is very nice, apologetic, reasonable, and gave me a full refund for the ruby ring.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Macy’s has to have the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. I bought a ruby ring, an opal ring, an emerald ring, and sapphire earrings from them all within the last two months. I went in to have the ruby ring resized to a 9. If there’s a potential problem resizing a ring, a reputable jeweler would say something to the client, not just resize the ring.

When I picked the ring up from the resizing, it was no longer curved around my finger, but had a rectangular shape. The edges of the prongs are now very sharp, and dig into my fingers. When I called customer service, I was told that the fine print on the website said that this ring was not resizable. What it actually says is, “custom ring sizing is not available for this item.” I had it resized at Macy’s. Shouldn’t they have known this? Also, this language doesn’t say that the ring cannot be resized.

To expect me to go back and read the description on the website because I want to have it resized with absolutely no accountability from Macy’s is ridiculous. I have one of their NoWorry plans on both the emerald ring and the opal ring. I didn’t have one for the Ruby ring which makes Macy’s think that they can just treat you like dirt. In other words, if I had the protection plan, they would’ve been cognizant of the fact that the ring shouldn’t be resized and told me that?

I asked the woman if maybe she could at least give me a discount on a different ring, because this ring is ruined and unwearable. Shouldn’t their jeweler know that if they resize a ring that it won’t be wearable, so why in the world do they do it anyway? There’s really no excuse for being treated this way by Macy’s, especially after all of the money that I’ve spent there in the last two months.

Of course, the Macy’s corporate number is disconnected. When I asked to speak to the woman’s supervisor, she told me that she was her own supervisor. I called back later to see if maybe I could speak to a reasonable person, but I got the same woman. She absolutely relished telling me that I was out of luck and she could care less. I’m sorry that I spent a penny here.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

A $50 gift card was sent to me as a gift on Jan. 4th 2022. As of today January 31, 2022, I still have not received it. Contact was made by email Jan 28 and I received a promise they would send it out 24- 48 hrs. Now they are telling me I have to wait 14 days to receive it. This is very poor service. I still do not have my gift.

Macy's Company Information