2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (1856 ratings)

About Macy's

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 19, 2021

Enjoy the 3 story Macy’s in downtown Philadelphia, it gives you the feeling of old High End Stores from days gone by. Plus the deals you can find on items in Clearance or “Last Act” as Macy’s likes to call it, are incredible. I also feel with Macy’s I am getting a quality product at a fair price and returning something I did not like once I got it home, has never been a problem.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Macy's overall is a store that has quality service, standards and products. If an item goes on sale after you buy you can get the difference back. If an item you no longer want you can return for your original refund or a giftcard. They have great in-store customer service. It's my number go to place to shop for just about everything. The items I buy last a long time too and If you can't find an item in store they will ship it to your home. Just overall great!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2021

They play the sale game like all retailers but their return policy is the best. I only dinged them for the website as it's clunky and not intuitive at checkout. One of my samples was out of stock and I was not offered another sample. My free gift was ultra confusing and I couldn't find it in the cart. I wasn't able to change my shipping address and the wait time for customer service was 40 minutes.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Macy's is always clean and the sales they have are for anyone. The staff always go above and beyond for me even though I do not spend a lot there. I never would have thought Macy's was for people like me on a budget. But watching their sale ads I got a great deal on an air fryer for $25.

Original review: May 4, 2021

In 2020 Macy's has become my "go to" store. Macy's used to be associated with high prices but with changing times I find their prices to be very reasonable compared to other retailers. The only downside is that the % of coupons I receive in the mail are never usable because it seems every brand I'd ever purchase is excluded from the sale coupons. As a result I no longer even try to read the find print on the back of the discount coupons. Don't get me wrong - I shop Macys, I just don't bother trying to utilize coupons issued. Therefore if it's a reasonable price or on sale for a great price I purchase -- but if not, I simply don't. I guess what I'm saying is that with so many exclusions Macys is really wasting money printing out and mailing coupons most of us simply shred.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have bought a lot of products online since the pandemic and even before I bought a lot of my items using the Macy's app. I had a problem with my rewards money when I wanted to use it to save some money when purchasing an item. The rewards money was not taken into account when checking out. I ended up calling Macy's customer service, the first agent who took my call redirected me to another agent claiming that my problem was with another department, then the second redirected me to his supervisor who sounded on the phone like she was driving and didn't try to solve my issue, claimed she couldn't understand what I was saying pretending it was because of my accent (yes I'm an immigrant and I speak with an accent) but it's not the reason for being rude and hanging up on me. And it wasn't the first time that I had been treated rudely by their customer service rep.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I wish their was a negative 0 stars for this company. Yesterday I tried to purchase suit on Macy's online for my husband for our son's wedding. I paid for it with my Paypal account. Then a few minutes later I got an email from Macy's saying they would not process my sale and refunded my Paypal account. I called to find out what the problem was and their terrible customer service reps from some foreign country refused to tell me what the issue was. They confirmed all my contact information with me and still would not process the sale!

I spoke to 4 different reps and a manager and they refused to tell me what the problem was. They had the gall to tell me I was welcome to shop in their physical stores but not online with them! My credit card is good. My information is good but they still wouldn't process the sale. I kept asking them what it was that they needed to verify for my information and they refused to tell me. So I told them I would never shop with them ever again and they just lost another customer! I told the rep that I would tell everyone I know of this ridiculous experience!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I bought a weight scale and shipper UPS kept updating fake info and my request for a return approved. I received a credit card with same amount. So the refund on return is cheating. NEVER SHOP MACY'S AGAIN.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Macy's advertised prices don't match up to the self prices. The self prices are higher. When you try to rectify the issue you are met with rude customer service. They serve soft serve ice cream. The ice cream machine is seldom cleaned and poses a health risk to the community. The health department should check into this.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I am a Platinum Card holder with Macy's for 15+ years & have spent over 20k at min. I had some issues with recent orders & as a resolution they blocked me, my NAME & my address & are forcing me to now shop in store ONLY. I didn't get any call from their Investigation Dept to find out the issue and what steps I took to overcome the recent thefts/missing parcel issue - They just sent me a brutal insulting email saying no refunds/no shipment to YOUR NAME & YOUR ADDRESS which I was very hurt by.

I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened and why such action was taken by Macy's without even allowing me an opportunity to present my side of story? Even if you wanted to limit my address, you could have let me continue shop online but pickup at the store BUT NO - Their associate even went to the extent of telling that lot of customers lie about not getting shipment so we have no other choice. She had no answer to why I couldn't pick items in store??! And when I asked another associate if you want me to close my account then he said, "I am happy to transfer you to our Credit dept and they will cancel/close your account"!!!!

I am further more shocked and embarrassed how I was standing still - This has NEVER happened to me in my life!!! In 17 years - not 1 late payment - Thousands of $$$ worth of business - & this is the treatment that I get over some missing orders!?! You block me - MY NAME - my family - my address! WOWWWW Macy's!!!!

Macy's Company Information