1.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1488 Macy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I wish I could say Macy's cares about their customers, but they don't! They also don't fear ending up like Sears! I always place orders with Macy's every year at Christmas for my husband - these are usually large orders of 350.00+. My order delivery was shoddy this year worse than last year. I too join the long list to boycott a company that does not value customer patronage. They trivialize your issues and give you nothing for your troubles. They do not go above and beyond like Amazon. They don't even make it off the floor!

I placed two large orders that were sent piecemeal. All I received by Christmas was a pair of gloves and one belt for my husband! My other items slowly arrived after Christmas with the last one on January 15th! How can a large company backorder Levi's jeans! The items didn't show up as back ordered until days after my order was placed! I placed my orders in plenty of time for Christmas! Macy's doesn't have inventory control and flies by the seat of its pants! I talked to a reliable source that works for them. They don't care about customer satisfaction or the time it takes for you to get any kind of resolution. I will never order from Macy's. I ask all you read this to join the boycott. Show Macy's we all have a voice and deserve to received good service! Do waste your time with letting them know about their failures - it's wasted on them!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

After many years boycotting Macy's because of a bad experience, I decided to give them another chance. Even though the items I ordered were slightly more expensive, I ordered them from Macy's because of the Black Friday promotional giveaway of earrings and necklace. The products arrived, but the jewelry did not. I called, emailed, and used their online chat. Several weeks went by without a response. I left the chat box open for 5 days, nobody replied. Finally, I threatened a review. Immediately, I received an email stating they were reviewing my claim and would get back to me. That was several weeks ago. After reading other reviews, I see I'm not the only one. I guess they are back on my boycott list (along with Sears).

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I made a purchase because of the free gift it comes with during promotion time. I purchased Apple AirPods and a free earring was added to my order based on the promotion. Guess what, the Airpods was delivered, but not the earring. I called the customer service, they told me that they couldn't do any about it because the gift was not available and Macy's had option & right to remove the free gift from my order. What? I always hate the Macy's order processing & delivery speed. I purchased the Airpods from Macy's only because of the promotion. I could have gotten from somewhere else with faster delivery. So disappointed, I will never purchase from Macy's again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Macy Somerset is the worst store ever. They are very unprofessional and the store is a zoo. I have complaint so may times and they just shrug you off, I spend so much money and have been a long time customer till my recent visit. The store manager Jason is useless, unprofessional and looks at young girls, all I can say is that I will not be going in that store anymore. It's a shame that this big corporation hires people like Jason to run this store, truly sad!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had never bought from Macy's, but I saw a deal for an Instapot for a present for my niece, so I purchased it. Ordered on December 16th and was promised to be here by the 21st, so I was happy. Needless to say, Macy's lied, and my Christmas present didn't arrive until December 27th. Then Macy's promised to send me a 15 dollar gift card to make up for the disappointment, and guess what... They did not send it. They lied again. Never EVER will I choose Macy's again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been customer of Macy's for many years. They are always my first shopping destination for all clothes/shoes shopping for our family. Now our son also shops at Macy's too. Their return service is also excellent. Want to see them around many more years. :-)

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered items online for pick up at the Coral Springs Mall Macy's location. That will never happen again as Gladys the representative was rude and could care less as she insisted on the person behind me to come up and be served before me. The lady behind me kept saying she was here first. Not sure why she was acting the way she was and when I advised her of what she was doing wrong she said, "Moving on" as if my complaint was not valid. The supervisor was advised as well as I'm calling corporate now. Horrible service! I always shop at Macy's but not at this location but now I'm done with this store. Never had such horrible service at this store until now.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered online and chose the "no hurry shipping" for a $5 credit added to my wallet for future orders. When I reviewed my wallet in my account, the $5 was not there. I received confirmation that I had the $5 in the wallet. I called Macy's and they instead gave me a $5 credit on my credit card. If I had not called, and most people probably don't remember they even would have $5 credit, the money would have been dismissed and Macy's would not have to pay out.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Purchased several items for holiday presents during 2 day vacation visit to Tampa immediately after Christmas. Most were fine. One on a Christmas special display was not. Lego Fantastic Beasts package indicated 635 pieces but when grandson returned to Europe with that present, only about 23 pieces in small package in large box. Macy's phone customer service was NOT helpful. They only do online transactions. Told us to return to Florida from North Carolina for resolution!! Ridiculous. What terrible PR. Several phone calls to Macy's numbers were ineffective. Number we were given for store manager was not valid and phone customer service people were NOT helpful. We are not complainers but we feel cheated. No more shopping at Macy's, in store or online. We won't deal with a company that treats customers so poorly.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I am so frustrated! I ordered a bedspread for one room and curtains for another room for a deadline real estate showing. I got cancellations this morning. I didn't cancel either order. Rep acknowledges Macy's mistake. I called, got Thailand and they acknowledge their mistake, "can't PROMISE same pricing". All discounts and sales ended.

The rep just kept repeating, "WHO IS THIS. GIVE ME ALL YOUR INFO?" "Ma'am you have my cancelled orders in front of you, just reinstate them." "You aren't in our system". Then, "Yes, I am Platinum customer." "I'm trying to get you to American rep but she is engaging on other phone for you to call back." UGHHH. NOT EVEN ENGLISH!!! "I have NO idea what you are trying to say." Are they calling me back? How will I call them back when THEY ARE NOT ENGAGING if I don't have direct number or knowledge when they are off the phone. I have the flu. I can't do this all over again. I have loved Macy's in the past but I just reordered curtains from Walmart. Half the price. No Thailand.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

On 12/30/18 I ordered two diamond ring bands for $99.00, normally $400.00. They’re thin and I decided I’d like two for stacking on my finger. I signed up for text packaging updates so I’d know when my items were shipped and delivered. I was home when the box arrived. I opened it moments after the letter carrier dropped it off. Imagine my complete shock and disbelief when I opened both ring boxes to find NO RING IN EITHER ONE OF THEM!!! I checked inside the ring box to see if they had dislodged from the cushioned holder and then looked inside the cardboard shipping box for the missing items to no avail. I had to peel a cardboard tab on the back of the box to open it so it was not tampered with which means whoever loaded my box at the distribution center most likely stole the rings I PAID FOR!!!

I called customer service and was appalled at how cavalier the representative was in regard to my issue. She actually stated “they had no control” over situations such as these. What??! It’s called quality control and supervision!! So Macy’s took $211.- of MY MONEY and gave me nothing in return. DO NOT SHOP ONLINE AT MACY'S, you run the risk of not receiving your merchandise!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I received the worst customer in Macy's while shopping on the lower level. An elderly employee had such an attitude and gave you looks when asked a question. Other employees could not be bothered. You ask a question they talked and kept walking while they pointed a finger. When checking out 3 registers I was sent to were empty. Macy's I will never go back to. Employees in customer service are horrible. I would given them a zero star if I could.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Sooo,I am a Boston Terrier FREAK! Saw the slides from INC, with a Boston Terrier face and placed order on 12-22 18. I received my order on 1-2 19. Guess what? Wrong style (a MONEY face?). Called and spoke to a very nice young man, AND my item was delivered today! Guess what? SAME pair of shoes that I was trying to exchange.

Called Macy's AGAIN, after being directed to the Wedding Registry, finally got to SPEAK to a very polite man. Somewhat difficult to understand, but we were able to somewhat communicate. The final outcome was that he said I originally ordered the $ slides, even though I tried to explain to BOTH reps, that I DID NOT WANT THE $ slides, I WANTED BOSTON TERRIER! I told him that I would just return BOTH items,and just cancel my order. SOOO. My daughter got online, AND showed me my "error". I did click on the BOSTON TERRIER sandals, BUT apparently it requires that I go back and "click" AGAIN on the Boston again.

Sorry, I just figured that when I clicked on my preference, it would be what I ordered, and I WOULD NOT have to continue? I'm pretty perturbed that it was so difficult to order one silly little item, AND that I get to go to Macy's to return the item that was sent TWICE. I did reorder, and will return the wrong items as soon as I get word that the CORRECT item has been delivered to the STORE. Trying to save myself a trip if possible!

One more thing is that the Macy's in my area has been remodeled. They now have a "Back Room". It is as if I had entered a Ross for Less. Clothing scattered all over. I'm sure there are some bargains, but it was OVERWHELMING to walk into the "Back Room". Macy's has always been a nice place to shop, but I'm hopeful that they do not turn into a Weiner's, or Gibsons OR Walmart! Not happy with Macy's right now. I do understand that the customer reps are not wholly at fault, (EXCEPT for the 1st rep I spoke with), AND TRIED TO MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND that I DID NOT WANT SANDALS with a dollar bill on on them! Hope my next order will be CORRECT! PS. I take my 5 star review back, I was trusting that we had been able to communicate!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

They cancelled an order on the day it was supposed to arrive. In those four days, I could've elsewhere if I knew it was discontinued. I paid a premium to get it delivered for a wedding I was attending. I will never shop Macy's again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought a pair of boots presale and picked them up at the Hilldale store in Madison, WI on 11/6/18. I wore them less than 2 weeks and there is a large hole all the way to the sole in the right boot, as well as cracks in the heel. I contacted Macy's via Facebook Messaging and was told I would receive a full refund to the credit card. I purchased them within 10-14 days after providing photos of the boot that fell apart. 14 days passed with no refund, so I made contact again. I was told the refund went to my Macy's credit card. I DON’T HAVE A MACY'S CREDIT CARD.

I am stuck with a pair of boots that I cannot wear and still have not received a refund. I'm hearing impaired and don't talk on the phone unless I have to. Therefore, I have contacted the credit dept online twice and have not received a response (prefer in writing when it's a complaint anyway). It's now January. I want the refund for these boots on the credit card I used to purchase them with and would like to know who received my refund!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First time shopping at Macy's online. Purchase three items three separate times. Still waiting for the first two items. It's been well over a week. Third item purchased it with tomorrow availability at local store. Screenshot of the page order the item and it says ship to store in 5 to 8 days. That's not what I ordered. Is not what I agreed so called customer service. First rep hung up on me because you couldn't figure out what to do. Second rep I spoke with showed me that it was available for today pick up but when she completed the order not only was a 50% higher than what I paid it also showed 528 days ship-to-store. Fraudulent fraudulent fraudulent. Do not shop at Macy's.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered some winter items, shoes and returned everything on the order. Some of the items were received and credited immediately. Others...not so fast. Tracking information and all the Credit & Returns department are a complete JOKE... Passed back and forth several times. I can't get a solid answer as to where my credit is and my $100 gift card refund. CROOKS.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I would give them zero stars if I could. Good luck getting any kind of customer service support after you place your online order. I have literally called them 10-12 times in the span of two days in order to inquire about a $15 courtesy gift card that was supposed to be emailed. One rep told me "Wait 24 hours." When that time came and went, I called back. The next rep told me, "I'll send it again." Never received it.

I called repeatedly over the course of two days and was then told it could only be mailed (so the other reps lied?) and to wait one week. I must be a **, because I called (again) today. The first rep's English was so bad, she simply transferred me to Macy's Herald Square without my consent rather than continue our conversation. The second rep claimed not to know anything, said he'd get a supervisor, and then hung up on me after 10 minutes. I'm on Live Chat now, and have been left waiting for 15 minutes. Honestly, Macy's get your act together before people start flocking, en masse, to Amazon. Oh, wait, that already happened! Good luck with your bankruptcy.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I normally am a calm, understanding individual because I work in the service industry as well, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. On Christmas of 2017, I received an e gift card to use. I go to use it and am spending well around $230 worth of clothes. For some reason I was having trouble inputting my gift card number online so I called a service rep that walked me through the order, applied my gift card and completed the order. That was a positive experience in itself, but what happened after that made me see just how bad the service is with this company. SOMEHOW, the lady taking my phone call never asked for my email (I didn't realize at the time I should have given it to have her send me a confirmation of purchase), and mixed up my shipping address, and MAILED MY ORDER TO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON.

All of my order was lost, and because many items were no longer going to be stocked, I lost pretty much everything. 10 PHONE CALLS LATER, I am finally able to speak to some random person that can refund me the balance of the card. Better yet, every time I spoke to a person, and asked for their name to keep track, every time I would check in on that person's progress I was just connected with a different worker who knew nothing about my situation and was just as unhelpful because people there apparently don't know how to follow through with a job.

ONLY AFTER COMPLAINING FOR A FULL MONTH did someone finally just refund my balance. After that incident, my card had $240 back on it and I have never used it since then because it was such a nightmare the first time. Come Jan 2019, I am trying to purchase just two items, I go and punch in my gift card number, AND IT IS SHOWING A BALANCE OF ZERO 000 DOLLARS!!! I am so outraged, I hope it is just a fluke, but will have to call YET AGAIN TO SORT THIS OUT.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

On December 22,2018, my son ordered a coat for me from Macy's! The designer is Jones New York plus size. Today is January 1, 2019, and I called Macy's in Middletown, NY again. No answer in the coat department, as usual! I called back, and I pressed the button for online service. A woman answered, and was very concerned that my coat didn’t arrive at the store. She indicated her records show it should be there, as she followed the route from Kentucky. She put me on hold, and told me to call Macy's around 11:00 am, January 2, 2019. Macy’s service has gone downhill. They send out your order, it arrives at the post office! That is why I ordered it to the store! If you don’t live in a house, the postman will not walk up the stairs in a building. If you don’t drive. Your order is returned! Walmart makes sure, your order comes to your door! Macy's we pay a good price in your store, get it together.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have been a loyal long term Macy’s client (had the Macy’s credit card since 2005). For some reason I did not get the email statements the last 2 months and I was 30 days late for $27 (yes, twenty seven dollars). Without any warning (letter or phone call) they reported me to the credit bureau. This will affect my credit score for many years. I was a Macy’s platinum loyal member and I truly would have hoped for a better treatment. I am extremely disappointed and sad. Macy’s truly does not care about their loyal customers. Agents could not have been more rude and careless on the phone. So sad.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have been a Macy’s client since 1984! My recent horrifying experience in the fine jewelry at the Kingston MA location has caused my decision not to step foot at Macy’s! I purchased a $1500.00 gold bangle at the Braintree location on December 19, 2018. I wore it for the first time on Christmas day when I notice a dent so I immediately took it off with the tag on it and placed it back in the original box accompanied with the original receipt.

Since I live in Plymouth MA on December 27, 2018 I decided to return it to the Kingston MA location. I was immediately turned away by the sales associate Martha that I can only return it to the Braintree location! She proceeds to accuse me of denting it purposely. She didn’t stop there, while the other sales associate Mia laughing at me Martha continued insulting me and in front of the manager that I always get storm items I stated to them to check my statements that I never returned any jewelry and I am floored by how the way I am being treated! Even the manager was shocked by the sales associate's behavior and apologized to me by then. I was in tears! And left the store.

When I returned the item at the Braintree location they told me that that should have never happened and that I should have been able to return it at the Kingston location! I have sent in my concerns on line at Macy’s.com and have done many postings on LinkedIn I have even contacted the Corp office and left numerous messages and no one has responded! They deserve to get closed! This is not the way they should treat customers!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

When I purchase anything, before receiving the bill they charge my Macy’s account right away & a late fee. A few times I disputed the late fee charge and the customer service experience is the most HORRIBLE ever! I was credited the late fees but the last one I caught it a little late and I paid the late fee. Macy’s customer service is like dealing with the mafia’s. Their tactic is a modern day version of bullying you to get all your personal informations that supposedly is already on file if you have a credit card with them. They will demand for your last 4 numbers of your social security, date of birth, address, phone #, email address before this customer representative can help me.

I was very frustrated because all I wanted was for Macy’s to mail me a refund of my overpayment. I kept telling the rep to mail the check to the same address I have on file and she kept insisting I give her my bank account # for the refund and I said, "Just mail the check" and she (rep) had the audacity and sarcasm to tell me “Well, I am just giving you an option” and for the 3rd time I told her, "Mail the check for the refund" and I don’t want the option of giving her my bank account number.

I was so traumatized by Macy’s customer service experience over the phone that I will closed my account soon, and just stop shopping from this store altogether, as my way of protesting against their practice of asking all your personal information. I think Macy’s outsourced their customer service in another country and are selling our data or information. To the person who gave a similar review... thank you for your suggestion... I will report to TransUnion and Equifax credit bureaus. Macy’s should be investigated!!! Shoppers beware! You do not need these unnecessary stress and worry of a retailer trying to scam you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My shopping experience on the evening of December 17th, 2018 left a lot to be desired. I usually have very good experiences when I shop at Macy's, however, this particular experience was not good at all. First of all, the security tag was left on the jacket and I live over 30 miles away, so I had to drive all the way back just to have it removed so that my son could wear it for his special occasion. Second, the employees that I encountered that evening were not helpful at all.

After I made my initial purchase, I had $70 star money to use, so I decided I would buy a KitchenAid mixer. So I went and looked at them and then went to find someone to unlock the one I wanted so I could purchase it. The first person I talked to behind the counter told me I needed to find someone else because she was getting off soon and pointed to the bedding department. So, I walked to that register where there were two different employees and asked them to come and unlock the KitchenAid so that I could buy one. The first (#1) employee told the second (#2) employee that they would have to help me because they were going on break, and #2 said they were too cold and that they needed a jacket before they could help.

Then they stood there and argued about who would help me until another employee (#3) walked up and asked what was up. #1 said I (me) wanted to get a KitchenAid but she was going on break and then #2 asked employee # 3 if she had a jacket she could borrow. #3 said her jacket was in the break room. So #2 left to go get a coat and was asking other employees as she walked through the store if they had a jacket. During this whole exchange, no one even addressed me or what the plan was for getting me the KitchenAid. After waiting for about 5-7 minutes, I finally just gave up and left, and I don't think they even noticed or cared.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Updated on 01/11/2019: I had an issue with Macy's over 15 years ago and at that time I cancelled my card and have never shopped with them since. I purchased an item in the jewelry dept in the store that was out of stock. I was told to purchase it and it would be shipped to my home. The charge came and the bill month after month but no jewelry. It took me many hours over 9 months to finally get a credit.

In November of 2017 I decided to try Macy's again after receiving a gift certificate. I purchase 3 items for holidays gifts and the order indicates free shipping within 3 days. I paid part with the gift certificate and part with a visa card. Two items came but the third did not. I was told it was back ordered and would come after Christmas so I had to cancel that item (value $25.00). I am told that they will send me a new gift card which I did not want. I wanted a credit back to my visa but they refused to do that. They sent me a gift card. When I tried to use it 2 days after receiving it in the mail it does not work and the balance said ZERO. After over an hour at the counter with the store manager and 3 calls to customer service I am told they will credit my Visa and to ignore the gift card. I just now see the credit on my statement. Too little too late and I now know that I will never shop Macy's again. The absolute worst customer service.

Original Review: I placed an online order for 3 separate items online using Macys.com. Two of the items were from a bridal registry (which I needed quickly) and one a Christmas present. I used a gift certificate for partial payment and a visa card for the balance. Two items came the following week as stated but I received an email saying the other item (the Christmas gift) would not be sent out until 12/28 which would be too late. So on 12/7/18 I called and cancelled it. I was told that I would get a credit on my visa card.

Three weeks later I called as I still did not receive a credit. I am now being told that I will receive a gift card and I do not want that. I am on hold waiting for a supervisor for the last 50 minutes, actually still on hold as I write this review. I haven't shopped in Macy's in over 10 years ever since I ordered a locket that was never delivered but took 8 months to finally get a refund. This is my first time back and here we go again. This will definitely be my last. They are the worst when something goes wrong. Save yourself from problems and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I am writing as someone who has and had many many many monthly subscriptions in my life. I signed up for the monthly beauty box, wanting to give it a try. After my first box, I decided it was not for me. I logged in to my Macy's account, and for whatever reason, it said I was not subscribed to the box. So for this reason, I could not cancel my box. So I email customer service asking them to cancel, and they told me they can't cancel for me, I have to do it through my account. AND MY ACCOUNT SAYS I AM NOT SUBSCRIBED.

3 months later... I am still getting charged every month. So I get follow up emails saying to, "Please call customer service and someone will help." I call customer service, and nobody speaks good English. They kept transferring me to people, and NOBODY KNEW HOW TO HELP ME. I was literally crying on the phone. I ended up having to CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD because they would not stop charging me. This company is a JOKE. I've never had worse customer service in my LIFE. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MONTHLY BOX!!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am writing to express my concerns about a recent incident I experienced at the Houston Texas Macy's Galleria store on December 26th. I made an exchange on the 2nd floor and wanted to go to the 3rd floor to make a purchase in linings. The elevator was broken. I am handicapped due to a permanent injury from a car wreck. My ability to stand and walk is very limited. I do use a cane to prevent myself from falling but I’m still very limited. I was scared to ride the escalator because I had a bag and my cane in one hand and being as wobbly as I am, due to my left leg barely being able to move, I was afraid I would fall while getting on the escalator having to hold my cane and bag in one hand and my leg not moving well. I asked a male associate right in front of the escalator if anyone could help me carry my cane up the escalator since the elevator was broken.

Another male associate then walked up and told me I could go out to the garage and take the elevator there to the 3rd floor. He would not even point me in the direction of the garage. I did as he said but there was no entry in the garage on the 3rd floor and the idea of walking all the way around to whatever store I could get into and then go back through the mall to Macy’s was not something at that I could do at that point. I was quite close to physically collapsing on the floor. I am limited in the amount of time I can stand and walk. So I went back down to the 2nd floor and back inside Macy’s and a customer there who was eating in the snack area and who works at a store in the mall but not Macy’s helped me. She rode the escalator and carried my cane for me. So then I was on the 3rd floor. No one was there at the counter because that associate was helping another customer.

Of course, she refused to help me again and again. And was even more unempathetic and snobbish and rude as the two male clerks with obvious bigotry toward the handicapped. She was very rude she wouldn’t help me. I was very close to collapsing on the floor. I carried what I could find up the counter and placed on the floor by the counter. I cannot hold big heavy things while using the cane. I need one hand free for the cane so of course. I had to set that quilt and sheet on the floor. When she finally started to ring me up I found out that there was only one sheet in the package, not a set. I then asked if there were any bed in bag options and she pointed to an area.

Again, I hadn’t any assistance as I looked at them. There were names and prices on the shelves but I had no way of telling which ones went with those names and prices. I can’t bend down to the lower shelf and they were very heavy for me to pull out to try to look at so I was very limited I couldn’t make the selection I would have liked to have made. But there was no one to assist me. She refused to help me. I pulled out one that was close enough to what I wanted as that was all I could do. I asked if there was any chair anywhere on the floor in the bathroom or anywhere I could sit down and she said very rudely, “No we have no chair on the floor.” I left the bird in a bag there at the counter as I could not stand up one minute more and went to try to find somewhere I could set down. I was very close to collapsing on the floor. I was totally out of breath and in a great deal of pain in my leg and feet.

The people in the mattress area were very nice and let me sit on a mattress. When I felt like I could stand again I went back to stand in line at the counter, many people who had been checked out came after me but I couldn’t stand in line. I finally got up to the counter again. She didn’t care at all. She said, “Did you find something?” I had found something about two hours ago and it was there at the floor of her counter all the time as I was waiting to recover well enough from my pain and exhausting to stand by it. Her attitude was hateful. I reached down and pulled up the bed in the bag that had been at the floor by her counter for well over an hour and it was very heavy so as I lifted it to put it on the counter I couldn’t help but gasp and cry out. She said, “Are you okay.” I said, “No not really.”

Of course, she was very slow in ringing me up as she was calling out to other representatives to ask if somebody was at this other register and she said that customers needed to go to another register. And I said I wish I could have gone to another register rather than wait in line since I couldn’t wait in line and had sat on the mattress until I was recovered enough to try to wait in line and she said, “Oh it isn’t that, I need to have my break.” She said that she is having to work long hours and that there aren’t enough associates and it is awful for her. I said, “Well I’m so sorry to hear that you are in such pain and discomfort and close to passing out” - referring to myself.

All of this talk of how awful it was for her to work there stretched out the time that I had to stand. She set up delivery of the bed in a bag as I could not carry it through the mall and you offer no assistance for that other than delivery. It is going to be delivered January 7th which seems a long time for something purchased in the store on December 26th.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered three towels that were on sale and used $10 star money. I had them shipped to the store for free in store pickup. When I went to pick them up I found out that they had been shipped to a different store. I called customer service and explained the issue and she said that she could reorder the items and honor the sale price for me and I would be refunded what I had paid and the star money would go back onto my account. I explained to her that I wanted to use the star money to repurchase them, but she said we would have to wait for the refund to come through to do that.

The problem with that was these towels were a Christmas present so if we waited I would not get them in time. She was super helpful and kind and said that she would reorder the three towels and compensate me the $10 in star money so that I would be paying exactly what I had already paid on my card, and so that they would get here in time she was having them shipped directly to my house. Problem solved. I thought.

Later I checked the order confirmation email she had sent me and it showed that she had charged me the correct price, but she had only shipped one towel, not three. I call back to customer service and explain the situation. He says no problem. He will have the other two items shipped to me and proceeds to ask for my credit card number. I explained to him that I had already paid for these towels and he plainly said that I had not. I tried to re-explain the situation kindly and he interrupts me and tells me I am wrong and I had not paid for them and if I want the other two towels I will have to pay for them.

This goes on with him being EXTREMELY rude when I finally ask to speak to a manager. He says ok and puts me on hold. After a minute on hold he gets back on the phone and continues to tell me that I have not paid for the other two towels. All I say is, "Thank you, but I would like to speak to a manager." I wait on hold for 30 minutes and reach a manager. She repeats to me the issue I was having to make sure she understands and I tell her yes. Then she proceeds to tell me that in my previous conversation with customer service where I had been sent just one towel that there was nothing in writing that I was suppose to receive three towels and that I am mistaken and that I could never buy those three towels at that price.

I start to reexplain and she cuts me off rudely. I patiently ask her to listen to what I have to say. This goes back and forth for a while. She adamantly tells me I am wrong and if I want the towels she will process a return of my very first order, wait for the star money to come through and repurchase the other two towels at the sale price I paid. I explained to her that this was not what I was promised and that the towels were already going to be late so I'd prefer to not have to wait longer. I also point out that on the order that had just the one towel you can see that the price is more than the sale price of one towel because it was suppose to be for all three. She says there is no way for me to purchase three towels for that price and that there is nothing she can do to help.

This goes on. Finally I told her, fine. We can wait for the star reward money to come through and use that to purchase the other towels and I will deal with the towels being extremely late, but she needs to send me more star money or a gift card or some compensation because none of this was my fault. She asks me to hold. When she gets back on the line she says she will just comp me the other two towels and have them shipped to me instead of sending me a gift card, but it will take two more weeks for the towels to get there. I say fine and leave it. We will see if I actually get them and if I get charged more. Unreal.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered 5 Christmas gifts on Nov 24, I requested to be mailed to the store nearby. Estimated time of arrival 5-8 business days. The one order was divided into mini orders by Macy's. They sent an email to state that only partial order was ready on Nov 28, and that I can wait to pick up all the order at once. Dec 6, when the partial order was not picked up, they returned it to the shelves at Macy's. Dec 14, part 2 of the order was ready for pick-up. Part 3 of the order... No updated from Macy's. Was not received by Christmas. They offered $10 gift card for any inconvenience?! :) Really! They continue to send emails that about the Part (1), that was not picked up, and my account was reimbursed for Part ONE ONLY. I strongly advise, not to buy from their store if you need it for a gift in time, and have them deliver it, not pick up from store.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered a jacket online in October and just started to wear it, and the snap was broken. I phoned Macy’s and they sent me a replacement jacket. This one was damaged too and had a mark on the sleeve. I phoned them again and the girl told me that I need to return the jacket and she won’t be sending me another one and they are going to investigate. Now I am planning on returning the jacket but she could of least send me a new one. Is it my fault they are sending me jackets that are damaged? I think I will stick with Bloomingdale's from now on. How horrible to treat your customers this way.

Macy's Company Information