1.52/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 18, 2018

1283 Macy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased six bras online from Macy's and charged them to my PayPal account. I returned all six bras in the same package, because they did not fit. They have only given me credit for three bras. I have called and emailed numerous times, and each time the credit is coming with no help.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have asked my mother in law to stop shopping there, she bought 120$ work "waterproof" boots for my husband, and snow boots for my kids, my husband's boots lasted less than a month, they literally fell apart from the sole, my sons sole likewise wore out in a short 2 months, and my daughters laces frayed terribly and lace loop tore in two months. They were 3-4 times the price I'd pay elsewhere for that awful quality. They should be ashamed, they cut corners in manufacturing to save money for themselves and rake in the profit of inflated cost.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 13, 2018

My credit card was used fraudulently in the amount of $116.91 to buy stuff on Macy's; online. I contacted Macy's on the 9th April, (after having filed a dispute with my CC company immediately prior) the amount was "PENDING", and the funds had not yet been paid to Macy's. Macy's were able to track the order by my credit card number. The CS I talked with, assured me that they would cancel the order. Great, the amount was added back to my account by PayPal Mastercard (NetSpend).

However, 24 hours LATER, Macy's then FORCE charged my account and took out the funds! Needless to say I am fuming! I contact their Consumer Protection Department at 1-866-282-8977. This supervisor then informs me... "If" we are able to stop the shipment, THEN we will refund your card"!! Excuse me??! Wait a second, the shipment had NOT gone out when I initially called, neither were the funds paid to you. 24 hours later you FORCE charge my account and ship out whatever these schmucks ordered at my expense, and now you are telling me you will refund "IF"...

Clearly, this is a way for Macy's to receive funds, despite the fact that they are well aware the transaction is fraudulent! You force money out of my account and then stupidly ship the items??! Are you that desperate for money? I CAN SEE WHY MACY'S IS IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE. YOUR BUSINESS ETHICS ARE CRIMINAL! And I will get my money. You on the other hand send out products knowing it was a Fraudulent transaction... Ha Ha... No wonder you are in the red!! Thieving Idiots.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I purchased a Longchamp bag 2 days ago and the lady who sold the bag told me if I don't like it I can return back within 2 weeks. I went back on 3rd day to return my bag since bag doesn't have enough pockets. It won't work for my need. I took the bag in their original packaging the way they packed it for me. The guy at the register didn't even bother take the bag out from the shopping bag. He already stated I used the bag. When I told them it's a brand new bag I didn't even open it then he try to find defect on the bag with a magnifying glass and 3 other Longchamp reps were started laughing at me. Then Manager Duan came also claiming there was a stain in the bag but he can't show me where is the stain. He claimed it's a used bag. I told them you sold me this bag stating it's brand new that means you sold me a used stain bag since I didn't even open the bag.

I felt humiliated by their behavior and they all were laughing at me. I felt like they were showing attitude toward me for returning their bag and purchase other bag. Since I had a Gucci shopping bag on me they decided to harassed me by not purchasing their bag. I was feeling humiliated by their attitude and laughter. When I raised my voice on them & told them why are they insulting me by making fun of me. They just gave me an attitude I choose other brand over them. Since I am brown skin they showing Racist Attitude toward me. Finally the manager decided it's a brand new bag and give me the refund after humiliated me for half an hour.

When I was leaving Longchamp I ask why they making fun of me and laughing, they just disappeared at the back and avoiding eye contact with me. I have been shopping at Macy's over 40 years and this is the 1st time I have been humiliated by untrained worker. Longchamp should train their worker how to treat the customer with respect. I will never going to shop at Longchamp and I will make sure none of my friends & family shop at 34th St Macy's Longchamp. Who knows they may get harassed like me because of the skin color. It's just shamed Macy's allowing these type people working on their store.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I ordered a pair of MK ballet flats online. When I received my order, the shoes were not in the proper packaging because they were used, worn and returned, then sent to me. Appalled by this, I took them back to my closest Macy's store and wanted to do a simple exchange for a new pair of shoes. An actual NEW pair. The customer service I received in-store was absolutely horrendous. But I've worked in retail before too, so I understand how frustrating it is to have to give customer service to someone you aren't making commission off of... but I digress. Anyway, the sales associate in-store handed me the floor sample box with one shoe in it. I of course told him that I literally came to the store to get a NEW pair then he proceeded to tell me that he didn't have any more in the store in my size. Fine.

Apparently placing an online order was too much of a hassle at that moment. Doesn't make too much sense, because wouldn't he have gotten that commission too?? But anyway... I got on the phone with customer service, and a very understanding sales representative, Karen, apologized up-and-down for the shipping mistake AND the rude sales associate. I really just wanted a NEW pair of shoes. I proceeded to ask Karen if the new order she told me she was processing would be billed to the same card as my last order, but then she told me that they would be sent to me free of charge because of their mistake. I was extremely grateful, because I was STILL willing to pay full price for a NEW pair. Karen told me that since I returned the shoes in store, I had to wait for the return to process before the NEW shoes could be shipped out. Fine. I thanked Karen and called it a day. Until I realized that I had no proof of this "new order."

I called back to confirm that Karen in fact placed the order and a different rep ensured me that she did. Okay. A few days later, I called back asking for a confirmation email on the order that Karen supposedly placed for me. They said I would receive the email 3-6 days after March 24th, when the return was processed. Fine. Now TWO WEEKS later, I call customer service AGAIN and I am now told that the last three reps I spoke to basically lied to me. It would be impossible for Karen to have sent me out a new pair because my return had already been processed! WTF?!? I've now waited over a month for a friggin' pair of shoes that are just never coming!

I started off by simply wanting to do an exchange. I work hard and could afford a NEW (can't say that enough) pair of leather shoes without a damn problem. But now I want what was told to me. This is now principle. I never - AND I MEAN NEVER - write reviews. However, I've been a long-time Macy's customer and I can NOT believe I was treated this way. I hope SOMEONE at Macy's corporate actually sees this, because the number I was given, 212-695-4400, just rings and rings and rings. I really hope I don't have to send a letter to the BBB...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered this pair of Versace sunglasses at the Sunglass Hut inside of Macy's at the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, FL and when it came via UPS, the first thing I noticed was that the Versace case was scratched up on the inside of it, the glasses seemed questionable (like they may have been slightly used) and that there wasn't a cleaning cloth. Even the certificate of authenticity was missing! I contacted many different people from Sunglass Hut and Macy's. Got a huge runaround. All I know is I finally went down to my local Sunglass Hut to reorder and the sales girl never apologized nor did she expedite the order to overnight it.

She was very rude and disrespectful. She never even guaranteed me that I'd get a certificate of authenticity with my next order. All she told me was that "let's hope they get the order right next time." I went to the Versace website and on there it clearly states: Do not purchase any item without the certificate of authenticity. I told that to the sales girl and she could have cared less. I'd like to know why I was treated so rudely? When you buy a car you get a title. When you buy a house you get a deed. When you purchase Versace designer sunglasses you are supposed to get a certificate of authenticity.

Where is my certificate of authenticity? Nobody has even called me back and I have contacted many people including managers at both Macy's and Sunglass Hut! Shame on them to try to rip off their customers! I left plenty of reviews about my experience all over the internet to warn potential customers to make sure they get a certificate of authenticity, otherwise your sunglasses are worthless!

Original review: March 29, 2018

Macy's sells quality merchandise and their shipping is timely, also now they text you when your order has arrived so you don't have to keep going to check if your orders have been delivered. Red A on package is truly your rating!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

Charmaine ** is the Manager and Joseph, the salesperson on the third floor (Men’s activewear) are the two rude people who assisted me with my return. I had both original copies of my receipt. My first transaction was a pair of $100 Under Armour pants. I washed them after wearing and part of the fabric melted in the dryer when the tag said tumble dry on low heat is allowed. I returned the pants for an even exchange and purchased an Under Armour shirt for $25 on my second transaction, along with the even exchange for the pants. I kept the shirt, but the second pair of pants didn’t fit me like the first pair so I went to the store on March 28, 2018 to return the pants only. They insisted they would only credit 75 to my debit card even though I paid the full 100 on my debit and they returned the $25 on my MasterCard. Which I don’t know why because I kept my shirt I purchased on my MasterCard.

The manager came over, very rude and said “that’s just how the receipt is trying to credit. Even though it’s a mistake, we are going to split your return credit as our system allows." Now I was upset and let them know that’s terrible customer service and I wanted my credit back on the original payment form as expected. Joseph, the salesman raised his voice and said “don’t disrespect my manager. She’s a female and what she says goes”. Gender has nothing to do with the incompetence of this return first of all. Second of all, they both got loud and ** with me in front of several customers saying I better just take the return as is and not put up an argument.

After being completely mortified, I just allowed them to credit however they wanted to and left the store telling them I will reach out to corporate. Charmaine **, the manager yelled across the counter “GO AHEAD AND DO THAT THEN”. All I can say is wow! What low-class customer service and employees does Macy’s employ? After I spend at least $5,000 a year at the company, this is the way I’m treated? By loud, obnoxious, ** employees who don’t honor the original receipt? I will never shop at Macy’s again. I am filing a complaint with corporate and the Better Business Bureau. I would appreciate a call back about this experience and I expect upper management to escalate the issue so this doesn’t happen again to another loyal customer. I hope you review my spend level at the store to realize I’m not a low spender and this type of service is beyond unacceptable.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have always enjoyed the ease of shopping at Macy's; the store is clean and you can see the merchandise. Staff are not readily available, but the overall experience is great. I live over 40 mi away, so when I am in the area, I always want to go to Macy's.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Full details below, but in short, Bud is not fit to be a manager for Macy's as he yells and screams at customers and speaks in a disrespectful manner. And be careful when you buy products and expect to pick them up with the 48 hour window they give you because it may not be there when you go to pick it up again. It may be sold to someone else at a higher price (as they have a dummy SKU they use when the tag has been removed from the product as they do not keep track of inventory sold)

I paid in full and bought a mattress on 3/22/18, however I did not have a large vehicle to take it back with me that same night. I was told by the sales rep that they would be able to hold it for me for 48 hours, before they refund the money if I do not come to pick it up. The sales rep removed the price tag from the item and put a sold sign on it. So I came back on 3/23/18 to pick it up but the mattress was not there. I was informed someone had sold it earlier in the day despite it already being sold. With this being a Clearance center they did not have another piece to give me. I was asked to come back the following day (3/24/18) to speak to a manager. I came back but the manager was not there. I was told he starts working at 12:30 PM but he was late and arrived around 12:45 PM. And this is where the experience went from bad to horrible.

The Clearance Center store manager, Bud ** (May have misspelled his last name) was extremely rude and disrespectful. He started shouting and yelling at me telling me this happens sometimes. He offered me 3 options, find a larger size mattress and he can adjust the price on that (this isn't a viable option as I only have space for a full size mattress), wait until another shipment comes (but they receive limited supplies of Full size mattresses - so it could come on the next shipment or can take months. There is no way to know how long I need to wait and then he would ship it to me but that would take an additional 10 days) and the last option was he would discount some other mattress he has in store. He asked me how much I would be willing to pay for the mattress available which was of lesser quality. And he laughed and said "Oh let me guess. You want it for free" and I said no that is not realistic and offered a discount.

I calculated the % discount I received from the original mattress and requested the same discount on this mattress. He started yelling at me and said I am insulting Macy's for asking for a discount like that. Whereas in reality he was insulting Macy's by saying it happens when they sell items to customers and then sell it to others when they come in within the allotted 48 hours. They are supposed to move them to the back to hold, but did not do that either. Bud kept yelling at me as if I was a child and a condescending manner. There were many unbiased customers there as witnesses. He walked away and later a sales rep (Don) came and offered to discount the only other Full Size mattress to the price I had calculated based on the % discount of the initial mattress from its original price. He apologized for what transpired.

As I was exiting the store MULTIPLE employees apologized on behalf of their manager Bud, on behalf of Macy's for what happened, for Bud raising his voice and handling this in a very unprofessional manner. One of the reps there said "I'm sorry bro for what happened and Bud's unprofessionalism, that is not how to treat or speak to a customer. It was very uncalled for and not cool of him". Bud is not fit to be a manager as he does not know how to speak to customers and resorts to yelling and screaming. I have multiple unbiased witness that can attest to this and attest to the fact I never raised my voice. I did clearly indicate to Bud, I am not his child and he should not be raising his voice with me. He was very disrespectful and unprofessional.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I went into Macy's looking to buy a new Michael Kors purse because they were having a sale. There were quite a few purses to choose from but no wallets. I had to look for someone to check me out and she forgot to include the handbag so I had to go back.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I love to shop Macy's because of their coupons that are available on regular price items as well as sale items. I think I buy name brand items at a savings which is smart and also fun. It is a good feeling to save money.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Macy's is great, usually. Last week we were shopping and for the first time dealt with a rude employee. We were shopping and asked where there was an open register and walked around till we ended up leaving, the associate was not helpful.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered a chair on 3/10/18, the chair didn't arrive. The reorder was placed on 3/19/18. The price dropped by $35 and I requested a price adjustment on 3/19/18. I received a reply that my request was denied because it was not within 10 days. Math didn't add up. I called the customer service number provided on the email denial 800-777-0000 which is Bloomingdale's customer service. Is this a joke!!! I called customer service at Macy's which I know by heart because of the numerous other issues I encountered with ordering from Macy's, there is a general number which you are frequently put on hold for over 10 minutes and requesting a call back is useless because it never happens. After the hold, I am transferred around and finally get someone who agrees to the adjustment. Lots of hassle for $35 but it was the principle of it. The prices when Macy's have a sale are great but not worth the hassles.

Resolution response: March 22, 2018

After calling Macy's next day... I learned that I had 2 transaction which had couple of weeks between each other. I paid one and forgot about second transaction on which I started to accumulate the fees. Nevertheless there weren't any letters sent to my address or monthly bills to the address or to my email or any calls, with voice messages. So I kept in dark in terms of a knowledge about piling up charges. But sure it is also my partial mistake, I should never forget about what I bought. Nevertheless company went ahead and dropped fees, which was very nice of them. Still the first time I contacted them through online services they just dropped the conversation, and I swear I wasn't rude or anything, I was patient and trying to explain the situation, when suddenly the conversation went off... so I think from 1 star go up to 3 stars would be fair. For the company: Please, there are so many spam, fishing and scam calls now days, that if you are calling your customers and especially if this calls coming from out of US and you barely understand the person on other side, most people will assume that the call is a fraud. So, if you are calling your customers, leave a voice mail, asking them to call the phone number on the back of customer's card. Please if the person accumulates the debt, try to reach them by mail or email... Monthly statements has to be sent via mail or email. So your customers will be informed and you won't losing business here... And again world wide trading company is really awesome, but the most loyal customers always will be from the point of origin, so do not neglect your most loyal customers and employees. Although of cause all people are awesome...

Original review: March 21, 2018

I bought some gift for one person for a New Year on 11.22.2017. It was charged on Macy's credit card. It cost me 42.79. They sent me a receipt to my email address on the same date, so they know my address, so that means that they know my email address when I was applying for their credit card. So today, on 03.20.2018, I received 5 spam calls starting from 8 am. So I started checking on "who's calling me" search what is the calls actually coming from. 2 of the numbers were pure spam, 727-556-7300 and 701-253-0188, phishing type for the information, but on one phone there were couple of people who complaint about scammy nature of the calls, like calling and dropping the call, like asking for the information or people who is not actually on the phone, but some people were saying it might be from Macy's credit card, just they hired some cheap company to contact to their customers, the phone number is 513-398-5221.

I am not sure it might be still scam phone number, but nevertheless it brought me to the memory that I bought some stuff on New Year through the Macy's credit card, which I believed I paid for... So I went ahead to my account on Macy's and I saw that they were charging me late fees amount for 3 months, without even notifying me about it. No calls received and no emails has been sent from Macy's about late fees. So I was stunned. First of all I was not sure that I didn't pay for it and second I looked through my emails and there were no alerts!

So I went to talk to representative through online support and I tried to explain the concern about charging me late fee without me being notified. In my understanding, any monetary motions on such as charges to my account has to be alerted to me at least at the end of the month and business has responsibility to notify the customer if there is any motion on the customers account? Is it right or am I tripping and we are living in the wild west where anything and everything is possible without any laws and responsibilities.

Anyway, the customer representative attitude towards me was like: "Bye bye". The maximum he told me, they can waive the fee for one month, but not promised and I will be "notified" (?) in 10 days. And then just hang up on me, when I was trying to explain that I would agree for one month late fee, since I was notified just today. But he/she just hang up on me. And the review for talking to representative was dropped immediately too.

So couple of things for the conclusion: I will complain to Better Business Bureau and I will never ever buy anything from Macy's and will be sharing my experience. I will do pay what I owe, if it is not a scam, because I have to check if I paid it already, it is 100 dollars now. From 40 dollars to 100 dollars just on fees. :( And then I drop their credit card. And I wish Macy's all "the best". Hiring cheap companies to communicate with their customers, especially for the money questions is not wise. Actually, I know that lots of American companies are trying to save big buck on their workers, either paying like 10 bucks, cutting hours or outsourcing, and that's exactly what is killing America's economy. They are trying to increase margin, but profits goes way down and lots of people end up without work.

When "big" people will understand that thinking small will shrink them into gnomes in all aspects of their life? Be detailed, but think big. When company paying their employee 10 bucks per hour, guess what their return is... 0 bucks, because people who work for them just buying food... which I guess is ok for Publix and food stores. Sorry rumbling here. But yeah if you want foreign countries feel better, go ahead underestimate your own people, but know that one day all your capital investments will be taken away from you, and your people will be able only to work for 10 dollars at the food stores. But it will be late to change anything. *What I was just talking relates to this case, because as I understand Macy's hired some foreign company to take care of their customers and their attitude is awful and overall feels like scam company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Brick and mortar experience is always good, and never had a problem with anything that I've ordered online from Macy's--good quality and most things are priced well.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I'm a fan of Macy's!!! I love receiving emails and discounts. Macy's is my first store I run to when I enter the mall. I love the clearance items and also Polo for men.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I enjoy shopping at Macy's both online and in store. I always feel valued as a customer. I have never had a problem with my orders being shipped or delivered, and never have an issue in returning items for refunds.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Macy's credit card is a total fraud!!! Please don't do the same mistake I did of getting it. They never add the remaining amount in your monthly statement. When you paid amount and you are under the impression that you paid full amount, after couple of days amount get reflected. They charged me $101 for $2 balance. Their customer service sucks too! @Macy's - you lost customer for life!!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Macy's has a horrible return policy. I received a item as a gift. Attempted to return however, the sales person was very rude and would not accept the return. I asked for the supervisor. The supervisor came and she was even more rude. When I requested to close my account because I do not wish to buy from Macy's she went crazy on me and started screaming. The idiot needs to go on **.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Went to buy new work shirts and pants. As I was checking out the cashier said if I sign up for the credit card I would get a 20% discount and she would give me an in store discount of an additional 25%. What a deal, so I decided to get a suit, ties, socks and more shirts. At the end she went and verified with her department manager if I could have both discounts. They said yes and they figured out what should show up on my statement. Well the statement came and it was nearly $100 higher. I feel lied to and gimmicked just to get me buying more. I have shopped for nearly 25 years at this store and will no longer give my business to them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Macy’s recently convinced me to change to an American Express Macy's card. Now when I call in, my card is not recognized. This has been going on for months with no one able to help and they are also unable to open online account. Extremely frustrating.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I previously purchased a Calvin Klein dress from Macy's and it fit beautifully. It no longer fits, as that was 4-5 years ago, but I have a funeral to go to so I wanted to order two of the same dress (one size larger and two sizes larger, just to make sure one of them fit). BEFORE I placed the order, I called Macy's customer service to ensure that if I paid the extra $20 in shipping, I would for sure receive it by Friday (this order was placed around noon on a Wednesday). She said, "Yes, it will be there Friday for sure." If, by some odd chance, it says expected delivery is Saturday - I can cancel within half hour when I get the confirmation.

I placed the order. No confirmation came. I called again in half hour, to ensure it would be there by Friday and she said, "Yes - no problem." Come Friday, no dress. I call, IT WASN'T EVEN SHIPPED YET. What a joke. I call the 'customer service' - no apology, no admittance that they messed up. They originally said they couldn't even cancel the order! We asked to speak to a manager THREE times before we got one and, apparently they like to play jokes because the manager was almost less helpful than the representative. Macy's customer service via the phone is pathetic - never order online. You'll only waste time, money, and frustration and they couldn't care less.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I was never contacted by Macy’s about a 3.00 interest charge after I paid my bill. I don’t shop Macy's So I was surprised when I pulled my credit and it went down 90 points because Macy’s messed up and charged interest on a 0.00 balance card. I’m very upset that they don’t have to contact the customer and tell them about this before sending me to collections. Get this. The kicker is I get to fix this with the credit companies now and they had no remorse for what they have done. It’s the only thing on my credit report.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I would give both Macy's and American Express a Zero rating, if I could! I spent countless hours/several days in Dec. 2017 trying to unravel the origins of an Experian "Alert" on a payment made on a non-existent loan with AMEX DSNB. First AmEx gave me the wrong account information - a former corporate account that was closed in 2002 when I relocated to a different state.

After much wasted time and research, I pinned it down to reports provided by a Macy's AmEx credit card account that had been CLOSED FOR OVER A YEAR!! I was appalled when I learned that it was closed without explanation in Nov. 2016: I was in good standing, with a zero balance and received a letter from Macy's AmEx in late Dec. 2016 that - since apparently a piece of mail had been returned to them by the post office (I had not changed my address in 15 years?) - they arbitrarily closed my account nearly 2 months prior!! Ironically, the letter arrived at the same address they deemed "non viable" for me!!

I had personally visited our only Macy's store on Maui and showed the letter, credit card to the store manager, who promised to follow-up on the way I had been treated and get back to me. I never heard anything back from her, but assumed the account was closed, and that was that. BTW, I maintain a FICO score of well over 800 and had NEVER had any credit card company close an account on me ever before - especially without even attempting to contact me to verify my address, either by phone, e-mail text first.

I found both Macy's and American Express totally uncaring and unhelpful. Turns out, AmEx was/is? Incorrectly coding monthly reports on the closed account. I also received no apology or customer service from Macy's whatsoever. The very least they could have done was offer me a gift certificate for all the inconvenience by adding insult to injury! Oh beware! Only later did I discover that, when you open a Macy's AmEx credit account, they ALSO open a Macy's store account - which I was unable to close for some time as I didn't hold the card or know the last 4 digits of the account (they wouldn't tell me, even after their several attempts to verify my ID via text failed and the promised verification phone call was never received by me!). I had to find a special department to actually close the account. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER BY BOTH MACY'S AND AMEX!!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered a jacket during Christmas, they put wrong address... I emailed and try calling that please change the address but no actions was taken. The parcel delivered on wrong address and was returned back. Now it has been 2 months but I have not received my money back nor did I get my jacket. I sent several emails and there is no way I can reach Macy's.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I bought some cosmetics products from Macy's and paid by PayPal. I did not receive it and I called Macy's. Their customer service is awful. No matter what you said, they just do not want to return your money back. I called them like 10 times. And they just keep cheating me and said they had already make refund to me. So where is my money? I do not receive it. I think that I spend money to know that never buy products from Macy's again. Do not buy products from this company, please. Their customer service is miserable. The company has to improve their customer service. Do not make customers crazy!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I found a good sale on sheets at Macys.com that ended on 02/19/2018. On 02/18/2018, I ordered them online using a CC that I use all the time. I don't have internet at home, so the next day I see an email sent 30 minutes after my order, saying my order could not be processed, was canceled, and I should call their consumer protection number. So, on 02/19/2018, I ordered the sheets again, using PAYPAL (which uses the same CC), and 30 minutes later I get an email saying the same as the earlier email. Order canceled, call their consumer protection dept.

I called them and had a very hard time understanding their broken English. They would not tell me why my orders had been canceled, other than their fraud dept had found something wrong. They said they needed to verify some info (the same info that I put in online during the order process). After doing so, they said they could not reinstate my order due to it being a PAYPAL order, so connected me to their online ordering people at Macys.com. They took all my info, and created a new order (3rd one), that I would pick up at a Macy's store.

The next afternoon on 02/20/2018, I see an email just like the earlier two, saying the same thing, order canceled, call consumer protection dept. I called and got the same story as before, order canceled because they needed to verify some info. Now the sale is over. Consumer protection rep said she would connect me to online ordering dept, and tell them to give me the sale price.

When I talked to the online sale rep, they said they would give me the old sale price, but, now the store where I was going to pick them up, was out of them. I asked if they would ship them to me and pick up the shipping charge, and she agreed to do so. After giving her my shipping address and CC#, she said my card was declined, and I would have to call my bank. I said I use this CC all the time, and I know it is good. She said sorry, I needed to call my bank.

I called my financial institution, and they said it was never rejected from their end (there were eight pending charges, two from each of the four orders showing against my account). My rep said it was the Macy's fraud dept that was rejecting it for some reason. Sure enough, when I looked at my email, there was a fourth one saying the order was canceled, call their consumer protection dept.

I asked my financial institution rep, if she could remove the pending charges. She said she couldn't, but they should drop off since Macy's didn't finish processing the orders. She also said I should keep an eye on them to make sure none of them go through. So my card is good (which I already knew), but for some reason Macy's fraud dept doesn't like it, and when I explain to Macy's consumer protection dept that I have been going around in circles with them for three days, they finally blame it on my CC, and tell me to call my bank.

I suggest Macy's needs to change the name of their "consumer protection dept" to "consumer aggravation dept". I see many things on the internet describing this same problem. It is obvious Macy's does not care about their potential customers, or, after the second time this happened, I would have been connected with someone at a higher level, rather than just being steered in circles two more times. If this is how they choose to run their business, they deserve to go out of business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have never missed a payment for anything and had 100% payment success rate on my Credit Report. Then I make a purchase over the Holidays in Macy's store and I never received a credit card in the mail (still). I was also marked as ePayments when I always get paper statement. So I called and asked to get this late payment off of my report and was blamed for signing up for ePayment and was told that nothing could be done by two people. You lost a customer for life.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I placed an order online for couple of items that were not available in the store. My order automatically got cancelled, when I contacted customer service, they ask me to visit the store to purchase the item. I asked to speak with a manager was on hold for 45 mins. If Macy's doesn't want to do business, might as well close the stores. Why stay in business? To include to this, they offered some home mail in coupons but they don't accept it online.

Macy's Company Information