2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5
Based on 4,410 ratings submitted in the last year

Macy's Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Always find what I'm looking for and even though prices might be higher for what looks like the same item, the quality is much higher. Not sure if consumers are aware that better known name brands sell their labels to companies for a percentage of these items sale. So what looks to be the same item is actually made to be a very cheap quality replica with the same label???? Macy's for the most part has not followed this trend.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When I go to Macy's looking for a certain style or color they usually have what I want. When you need someone help the workers are very knowledgeable about the company's products. When I leave Macy's I have a big smile on my face and I don't feel like I spend the whole day not getting what I want. If they don't have the items I want they would order it for me and I can choose to pick it up there or have it deliver.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Our recently shopped at Macy's and I went in for jewelry, but I came out with a new handbag. I like shopping at Macy's because even though they're pretty pricey, I always find a good deal there... I'm on a budget but I still try to treat myself whenever I can. I found a great bag at a great price. I would definitely recommend Macy's to anyone... And don't hesitate to stop by the clearance or the last act section of the store..

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was looking for a certain brand of jeans, and even though the store carried the brand, I could not find the exact style of the jeans I wanted. The cashier told me they could order them, and about 4 days later I was able to pick up the exact jeans I wanted at the store. A few weeks later, I needed a mother-of-the-bride dress, and I found a beautiful dress. The cashier told me that the store was going to have a sale a few days later, and if I wanted, they could hold the dress for me, and charge me the sale price if I returned when the actual sale was in effect. I really appreciated her telling me this--I saved quite a bit of money that way.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Having moved to a new apartment in a new state; I needed furniture. I started shopping the Stonecrest Macy's Furniture Store, GA in hopes of finding something to ship to Florida. I walked in to Stonecrest location and met Justine. She was the only one on the floor. She handled the day and customers like a pro. She made me feel like I was the only customer in the store and I see that she made others feel the same. She's attentive, knows the products and most importantly understood the company's policies and was able to confidently provide the information and assurance I needed.

When I moved to Florida and decided to move forward with the order; Justine handled the order online and made everything so seamless. We knew what to expect every step of the way and things were handled exactly as she proposed. Working with Justine made my Macy's shopping experience a breeze and made a a return customer. I think I will call Justine when I'm ready to furnish the rest of my apartment. I liked her way of working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: March 15, 2020

I've been a cardholder since 1992. Over the last few years I received a silver card which put me in platinum status. I had quite a large bill and finally paid it off still while shopping at Macy's. Now they have downgraded my status. Is this a ploy to make me spend more to get back to platinum (and in debt?). You would think a cardholder since 1992, who has spent thousands of dollars, would be able to keep the platinum card. Not that I really care but it's the principle of the thing and lousy business practice.

Original review: March 9, 2020

On 3/01/2020 I placed order #** via the mobile app. On 03/05 I received an email stating that the package had been delivered. I then went to check the time of delivery only to find out that the package had been delivered to an address I haven't lived in for about 4 years. So I think to myself, "Okay, I may have screwed up let me check the address that I have on file in my account." I did that to only discover that the address is not linked to my account at all. So I then go check my previous orders to see where the lapse in information came from but again, my older orders reflect that address. So confused, I reached out to Macy's to only find out that my only option was to receive a gift card which I was later able to use to re-purchase the items (this is after several phone calls and conversations with 2 different managers/supervisors).

The first I spoke with was able to issue me a gift card but no help on how I could actually receive the packages that I ordered. The second manager was able to use the gift card and place the order for my items. The second manager also informed me and reassured me several times that he was able to update the address and he would be able to provide me with a 25% discount coupon for future purchases. So considering the issue my next five questions were "how can I be confident and reassured that if I order in the future, my packages will be delivered to the correct address?". Each (expletive) time I asked he assured me with "ma'am I can assure you that you will not have this issue in the future, I have updated your address".

So forward to 03/08, I placed another order (order #**) and I am back in the same damn boat. I received an email this morning stating that my packages will deliver in multiple packages. I go to check the address and it's being delivered to the address that I was assured was removed from my profile. Macy's can't do anything because it has shipped. They can monitor and have UPS send it back to them. In order for me to receive my items I have 2 options: one; pay for the items and once Macy's receives them back I can get a credit and two; wait for Macy's to receive the items and they can issue me another gift card and they can then use it to repurchase my items. But in the mean time my packages are being delivered to an unknown person who lives in a complex where they are stealing packages that are left outside, so people are walking around in stuff that was paid for with my blood sweat and tears.

I work 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with 6 kids at home. I do not have the time to sit outside and wait for packages to be delivered. When I was told that the issue was resolved I trusted that and I went out on faith and placed another order. It's not often that I get to shop but when I do it's for quality and I thought I would receive that from Macy's, but the quality of customer service is really missing from what I have experienced. But I am only one person that is contributing to their sales so I guess I don't matter and I have been shown that several times within a week. So thank you Macy's! Signed *A Pissed Off Online Shopper.*

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have been a customer of Macy's for almost 30 years. I am now rethinking doing business with them. My husband bought me a gift card for Valentine's Day and I went online shopping. I always have to shop online because the closest Macy's is 4 hours drive from me. I had to return items after trying to exchange and EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAD TO DEAL WITH THE PHILIPPINES OUTSOURCED CALL CENTERS. These people are rude, do not listen, REFUSE TO TRANSFER you to a U.S. representative as required by U.S. Federal Law, leave you on hold for up to 30 minutes and then hang up on you or just laugh when you ask for a supervisor and then hang up on you. And, forget Macy's executive offices.

It takes WEEKS to hear back from them and then you have to wait to get a return call back because no one is available to handle your issue. MACY'S STILL OWES ME $180 from gift card refunds NEVER RECEIVED. I told my husband never ever give me a Macy's gift card again. Cash only so I can put it on my own Visa card and then dispute the charge and get immediate credit when Macy's refuses to refund their gift cards. These are internet purchases and thus an FTC complaint for internet fraud against Macy's for failing and refusing to refund after products have been returned to them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We had most awful experience from Macy's credit card. We were offered with Macy's credit card during our purchase. After that we received credit card which never worked in store. Every time we were shopping with SSN. After 3 months of continuous follow up they sent us new card. We went and made our first purchase for $40 and waiting to reflect online or hard copy of statement. After few days we were charged late payment and delinquency on our credit report. I heard this happened to many of my friends as well. $40 purchase we are carrying delinquency for 7 years.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Prices are very reasonable for clothing and household items. Majority of orders are free shipping and free returns. Always my first go-to for cocktail attire because of their variety of styles. The website is easy to navigate providing ease of shopping.

Macy's Company Information