2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5
Based on 1,622 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: April 20, 2020

I like going to Macy’s to buy certain types of jewelry, I have been going there for years and I always seem to find beautiful things there, I had bought my daughter gorgeous earrings and a matching ring too. That was 5 years ago and the earrings and the ring still look great. I have a lot of necklaces that I bought there too and a few rings. They hold up so well too. I do like going there because the people are always helpful.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Always find what I'm looking for and even though prices might be higher for what looks like the same item, the quality is much higher. Not sure if consumers are aware that better known name brands sell their labels to companies for a percentage of these items sale. So what looks to be the same item is actually made to be a very cheap quality replica with the same label???? Macy's for the most part has not followed this trend.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

When I go to Macy's looking for a certain style or color they usually have what I want. When you need someone help the workers are very knowledgeable about the company's products. When I leave Macy's I have a big smile on my face and I don't feel like I spend the whole day not getting what I want. If they don't have the items I want they would order it for me and I can choose to pick it up there or have it deliver.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Our recently shopped at Macy's and I went in for jewelry, but I came out with a new handbag. I like shopping at Macy's because even though they're pretty pricey, I always find a good deal there... I'm on a budget but I still try to treat myself whenever I can. I found a great bag at a great price. I would definitely recommend Macy's to anyone... And don't hesitate to stop by the clearance or the last act section of the store..

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was looking for a certain brand of jeans, and even though the store carried the brand, I could not find the exact style of the jeans I wanted. The cashier told me they could order them, and about 4 days later I was able to pick up the exact jeans I wanted at the store. A few weeks later, I needed a mother-of-the-bride dress, and I found a beautiful dress. The cashier told me that the store was going to have a sale a few days later, and if I wanted, they could hold the dress for me, and charge me the sale price if I returned when the actual sale was in effect. I really appreciated her telling me this--I saved quite a bit of money that way.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Macy's stole $49.50 from me. I wish I could give a negative star review. December 2019 I returned shoes that my husband bought for my birthday at the Bend store. The sales woman gave me a refund on a "Happy Returns card". Then the she ordered the shoes I wanted online (because they didn't have my size in stock) and used the "Happy Returns card" to pay for them ($49.50). A week so later I get an email from Macy's saying the address was "undeliverable" and it got sent back to Macy's. I called customer service and they said they would mail me an "E-Gift Card" for the return. I waited and got another email saying that the E-Gift Card was undeliverable and was sent back to Macy's again.

I called again and they said they would mail another one and I insisted they send it to another address and they wouldn't do it. I asked to speak to a manager and agent said it would be an hour or more and that they will just mail it again. So I get another email saying the E-Gift card was sent back again now for the 3rd time. I called and the customer service person this time seemed like she was going to help me. She took down the new address and right when it seemed like I was actually going to get my refund, after an hour on the phone she said she was having computer issues and will call me back, but she never did. I called them again the recording says their closed, yet the website says Macy's customer service is 24/7. I have been dealing with this issue for 9 months! I have never experienced a store steal money from me. Macy's needs to correct this and give me back my refund. This is the worst experience in customer service I have ever had.

Resolution response: Sept. 7, 2020

I finally got through to customer service at 781-231-8400 and got a live person who was extremely helpful and emailed me the return label slip. Think problem with my printing the label might have happened because I placed order before opening an account and as a result could never bring it up in my account history. Other orders placed subsequently posed no problems. I'm glad for resolution, as I enjoyed shopping on the site and now can look forward to future purchases.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I placed a large order for men's clothing, which I received quite promptly. However, there were two items I wanted to return. Despite spending over two hours searching, I could not find a link to print a return label for either one. Received no human response from calls to Customer Service and no response to emails, either at the time order received, or two months later. I'm older, so won't go into a store, so now I'm out $94.00. I have not had a problem with online returns to any other store. Never again will I shop Macy's online.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

All I want to do is make a payment on their website for my Macy's credit card; but for some reason, that part of their website doesn't work. I keep receiving an error message. I've called their customer service line twice and no assistance. All they do is read from their script and they don't bother even listening to what I need, or rather have no idea what to do.

I've tried to chat with them and receive the same results. I've tried to email and all I receive back is an automated message. I don't like paying via mail, in person, or over the phone. The website has been the easiest and I have a record of my payment, at least until the last few months. Yes, I've tried different browsers and I've even tried different computers and still I can't get to the payment section. What is going on?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I wish I could give them 0 stars. I have had Macy's credit card for 8 years. Always paid on time or ahead of time especially for promotional purchases (0% interest rate if paid within 12 months). I've been having issues with logging into Macy's website for months. It always took multiple trials before I could pay the bill. In May even after multiple trials, I was not able to get on their site to pay the bill. I called to pay 3 days later and paid the full balance ($600) even though I had a few more months to pay it off. I was tired of dealing with their broken site so wanted to just pay it off. Little did I know that I even though I paid the full statement balance, Macy's charged me $27 fee that I was not informed about.

For 2 months, Macy's continued to charge me $27 on top of the initial $27 they charged me in May. I was in the process of buying a house in August and when the mortgage company run my credit report they told me about the outstanding balance on my Macy's card that has decreased my score by 100 points!!! After spending hours on the phone with Macy's useless customer service, the issue was never resolved. Macy's never owned up to them not communicating the fee to me. Beware! They treat loyal customers that pay their bills with no respect. No wonder they are going out of business. Never will purchase at Macy's again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

In February I inadvertently paid Macy's $2,360 dollars on an account with no balance. Macy's wrote the money off because they could not apply it to a balance. While they acknowledge that they did in fact receive the money they have not returned it to me. I have logged 25 calls, e-mails and letters and have had promises made and broken regarding getting the money returned. Most recently Macy's executive office (minions that work for the CEO) told me I would have a check in less than 30 days. That was June 27th. No check. Why should you care. It appears it is a company policy hold checks for cash flow purposes. If you get in a situation where you are owed money by Macy's you may not get it back. They lack leadership, promote bad policies and customer service practices, in my opinion. Be warned!

Macy's Company Information