3.55/5
Based on 3,612 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Having moved to a new apartment in a new state; I needed furniture. I started shopping the Stonecrest Macy's Furniture Store, GA in hopes of finding something to ship to Florida. I walked in to Stonecrest location and met Justine. She was the only one on the floor. She handled the day and customers like a pro. She made me feel like I was the only customer in the store and I see that she made others feel the same. She's attentive, knows the products and most importantly understood the company's policies and was able to confidently provide the information and assurance I needed.

When I moved to Florida and decided to move forward with the order; Justine handled the order online and made everything so seamless. We knew what to expect every step of the way and things were handled exactly as she proposed. Working with Justine made my Macy's shopping experience a breeze and made a a return customer. I think I will call Justine when I'm ready to furnish the rest of my apartment. I liked her way of working.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They carry a nice selection of clothes and household items. Their cost is a little overpriced even after an item goes on sale and you use one of their coupons. I can stand that they refuse to carry wide size shoes in the same styles as their regular size shoes. They refuse to budge on carrying wide size shoes. No one wants to have to drive to a separate store after you purchase your clothes at Macy's but can’t pick up the perfect shoes to go with the outfit. I definitely don’t shop there as much just for that reason.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been customer of Macy's for many years. They are always my first shopping destination for all clothes/shoes shopping for our family. Now our son also shops at Macy's too. Their return service is also excellent. Want to see them around many more years. :-)

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I love Macy’s as it is one of the few clothing/home goods store in our area that sells quality merchandise. Macy’s offers brand name clothing that fits me well. Clothing always follows the trends. Pricing is reasonable. I know I can find something at Macy’s either in clothing for me, my grandkids, housewares.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This was the best experience we have ever had in purchasing a mattress from the buy at Fair Oaks with Scott as our associate. Scott sent us a gift certificate. So thoughtful. Then the delivery could not have been better. The two delivery guys, German and Ismall arrived on time, after calling. They were outstanding in that they followed instructions on how we wanted the bed setup and they also took care in making certain not to damage or break anything in the house when they had to move the mattresses. They cleaned up and made sure to show how to use the remote. They are the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Placed an order for a sofa set which was in my cart for past couple of weeks as the day I placed order had a sale and the price was low. Finally on the delivery date, there was a different sofa set came for the delivery. Refused and returned back from the truck itself. Be careful, delivery guys will want to leave the furniture at your place till we get the correct order... If you accept it....You are done. You are in the trap. You cannot reach customer care as you have to wait hours and explain the same thing again and again, over and over for hours.

Automatically second time it has been scheduled for the delivery for the second time.. Same thing different product from another make. Refused and sent it back. Moreover when I tried to reach customer care, we have been told that we have ordered a wrong item (we are sure as the same item we wanted was in our cart for couple of weeks almost and we placed it from the cart already saved).

Luckily one of the customer in between tried to reach us and left a voice message that there was some SKU problem on Macy's side and it placed wrong item than what we placed order for. So, I have a recorded message in our phone mentioning that we order a correct one. If not, the emails you get from Macy's after ordering furniture on Macy's does not disclose what they are trying to deliver, you will come to know only when they are at your door for the delivery.

Finally Macy's rep's will try to convince you for a 10% discount on a different huge higher price for the same item you order for less. Is it an other tactic by Macy's?I believe as per my experience that Macy's is the worst place to order furniture. Lost almost 20 days waiting for my item. And had to call multiple times to make sure the order is cancelled.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

How could Macy’s turned down my application with credit score of 822? Is this a joke or maybe your employee don’t know who they should give credit cards to or they don’t understand excellent credit score? Maybe Macy’s needs to reshape their staff.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I paid my bill on time in person and by check. A month later I noticed the check had been debited twice from my bank account. My bank confirmed it was a double transaction so they reversed one of the debit. Macy's assumed I didn't pay my bill and started sending me letters asking to pay them while adding interest to the amount. This started in July. I responded with a letter and copies of the documentation proving I had paid on time. It is now October and I am still receiving letters from the Collection Dept asking me to dispute the debt if I feel it is not valid. I have disputed THREE times by phone with different people from their Mason and offshore office. I am sending a letter disputing it for the fourth time. The amount is not even $100.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My wife and I went to the Sarasota Florida Macy's store. I was shopping for my birthday presents that night. Walked into the men's shoe department the gentleman that was helping this did not want to really help us. When we asked for a certain size in that style he said that they didn't have it in stock. And there was a size 11 that I needed on another table. Finally I had to order one pair of shoes and I bought another pair of shoes. The register gave my wife and I a coupon to spend on sell items clearance items in the store.

I wanted to still buy a sport coat and a new shirt for my birthday. I walked over Thule rack that was a sale item. We forgot to use that coupon that night on that sport coat. My wife went in today with that coupon. And they said that coupon is not good for clearance items. There was a percentage off on the Ralph Lauren sport coat that I bought. But it did not have a clearance sign or any indication that it was on clearance. Every time we go to Macy's. The coupons that they give you in the mail or in the store like they did yesterday. There's always some reason that we cannot use it or apply it to a sales item. I think Macy's need to stop using their fraudulent coupons and be honest and their sales approach!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Beware of Macy's - they charge excessive interest if you have a small balance owing from a promotional interest free period. They will charge interest in excess of 6000%. They are Like Nordstrom, greedy robbers and are rude and unhelpful when trying to resolve and query their dishonest interest charging practices and their statements do not match up with you bank account payment, complete dishonesty.

Macy's Company Information