2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Macy's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Resolution response: Sept. 7, 2020

I finally got through to customer service at 781-231-8400 and got a live person who was extremely helpful and emailed me the return label slip. Think problem with my printing the label might have happened because I placed order before opening an account and as a result could never bring it up in my account history. Other orders placed subsequently posed no problems. I'm glad for resolution, as I enjoyed shopping on the site and now can look forward to future purchases.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I placed a large order for men's clothing, which I received quite promptly. However, there were two items I wanted to return. Despite spending over two hours searching, I could not find a link to print a return label for either one. Received no human response from calls to Customer Service and no response to emails, either at the time order received, or two months later. I'm older, so won't go into a store, so now I'm out $94.00. I have not had a problem with online returns to any other store. Never again will I shop Macy's online.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

All I want to do is make a payment on their website for my Macy's credit card; but for some reason, that part of their website doesn't work. I keep receiving an error message. I've called their customer service line twice and no assistance. All they do is read from their script and they don't bother even listening to what I need, or rather have no idea what to do.

I've tried to chat with them and receive the same results. I've tried to email and all I receive back is an automated message. I don't like paying via mail, in person, or over the phone. The website has been the easiest and I have a record of my payment, at least until the last few months. Yes, I've tried different browsers and I've even tried different computers and still I can't get to the payment section. What is going on?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I wish I could give them 0 stars. I have had Macy's credit card for 8 years. Always paid on time or ahead of time especially for promotional purchases (0% interest rate if paid within 12 months). I've been having issues with logging into Macy's website for months. It always took multiple trials before I could pay the bill. In May even after multiple trials, I was not able to get on their site to pay the bill. I called to pay 3 days later and paid the full balance ($600) even though I had a few more months to pay it off. I was tired of dealing with their broken site so wanted to just pay it off. Little did I know that I even though I paid the full statement balance, Macy's charged me $27 fee that I was not informed about.

For 2 months, Macy's continued to charge me $27 on top of the initial $27 they charged me in May. I was in the process of buying a house in August and when the mortgage company run my credit report they told me about the outstanding balance on my Macy's card that has decreased my score by 100 points!!! After spending hours on the phone with Macy's useless customer service, the issue was never resolved. Macy's never owned up to them not communicating the fee to me. Beware! They treat loyal customers that pay their bills with no respect. No wonder they are going out of business. Never will purchase at Macy's again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

In February I inadvertently paid Macy's $2,360 dollars on an account with no balance. Macy's wrote the money off because they could not apply it to a balance. While they acknowledge that they did in fact receive the money they have not returned it to me. I have logged 25 calls, e-mails and letters and have had promises made and broken regarding getting the money returned. Most recently Macy's executive office (minions that work for the CEO) told me I would have a check in less than 30 days. That was June 27th. No check. Why should you care. It appears it is a company policy hold checks for cash flow purposes. If you get in a situation where you are owed money by Macy's you may not get it back. They lack leadership, promote bad policies and customer service practices, in my opinion. Be warned!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Packaged boxes were already smashed and half-opened. When fully opening the package, shoebox was crushed, and shoes and tissue papers were just thrown inside the packaged box like trash. Not even neatly sealed. Such a horrible presentation and experience from Macy's.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Made an order for pants online. I received package with no receipt and a pair of pants with security device still attached. Macy’s CS phone is not available so I had to drive to a store to talk with manager. I asked for reimbursement for time and travel. Manager rudely said no. I returned all orders and would not shop at Macy’s in the future!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I purchased my son's birthday gift a week ago and it still has not shipped. Tried calling customer service waited over an hour on the phone. Never answered. I will never order again from this scamming bankrupt company.

Original review: July 20, 2020

If I could give zero stars for lack of customer services, I would! I placed an order on July 10 for two Sperry Shoes. My orders came in two separate deliveries. The second delivery, which was delivered on July 15 consisted of an EMPTY Sperry box inside of an Empty Macy's box. No shoes. I have reached out to Macy's via phone and tried via email, which bounced back. this is really messed up. I paid for the shoes, received an empty box!!

Original review: July 14, 2020

I ordered online from Macy’s on 6/29 and as of 7/14 never received order. I inquired online but no response. Tried calling in but not answering phones. Can’t get order or refund. Never shopping Macy’s again????

Original review: July 11, 2020

Received used shoes, shoes that is been worn for months, this was deliberate act, no way it was overlooked, have pictures, the shipping slip shows, Manager Easton town center, Columbus Ohio. Will report to customer service (doubt if they care), however, will never buy from Macy’s online again.

Macy's Company Information