3.55/5
Based on 3,610 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Macy's Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Have had a Macy's Credit Card for years, and usually use it at Christmas time to buy gifts for my wife, family & friends. It is not set to expire until late next year in 2020. I login and look at the account every month when I pay my bills, and the appearance is that everything is ok, no messages, no flags of any kind. On my recent monthly visit to the site I noticed my credit limit was $0. Unusual. I contacted Macy's and was informed that the account was closed due to inactivity. Repeated attempts to reactivate my account were flatly rejected. Never a late payment, significant purchases over the years, of no consequence. So, a Macy's Credit Card? Roll of the dice, I now buy everything I used to buy there, online.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Macy's since the early 1990's. I recently found out while trying to make a purchase that my Macy's credit card has been upgraded to an American Express card. I called to complain because I never authorized this upgrade nor did I request an upgrade. I was told that Macy's sent something in the mail explaining that the upgrade would occur if the customer did not contact Macy's to decline the upgrade. I told the person in customer service that I do not recall receiving an offer for an upgrade and I was told that since there was nothing showing that mail was returned to Macy's I was upgraded. I was assured that my credit was not run for the upgrade.

I explained that I do not need an American Express card with Macy's because Macy's interest rate is ridiculous. I use my card at Macy's only and pay it off to avoid the ridiculous interest rates. I was then told that I would have to cancel my card and apply for another card because I could not be downgraded to a regular Macy's card. I was told that the terms of the card are the same but I will keep my eyes open because I feel that something else will come up in the near future.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Nourison makes certain rugs that are exclusive to Macy's. I found a rug I wanted and they said they no longer had a 4X6 and that the rug was discontinued. I called Nourison to see if I could purchase the rug direct from them, and they said they had 12 in stock. They contacted Robin with Macy's who orders the rugs and she said they discontinued that particular rug and would not order any more. So, Macy's had the ability to order the rug from Nourison, but refused and Nourison can't sell to anyone but Macy's; so what happens to the 12 rugs??? Very strange! Very poor customer service!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Ordered a package from Macy’s (2 clothing items) where they charged $10.95 for shipping. To begin with, this is expensive for a standard shipping, rather than express etc. My items ended up being returned to sender, about 30 min after final delivery was attempted I called both UPS and MACY'S and both informed me they couldn’t hold my package due to restrictions by the other party. At this point I still want the items, so I ask them to reship the order. Customer service informs me there is an “error in the tool” and they can’t process a reorder, however they can refund me and I can reorder at a later time. When I look at the refund they did not even refund the entire $10.95 shipping cost. I really don’t understand how a company the size of Macy’s is failing at an attempt for an online presence but somehow they are really alienating customers. Found the items cheaper on Amazon and won’t be making this mistake again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

So, I have been a longtime Macy's customer, have Platinum status with their credit card, whatever that means. Placed an order for my wife's birthday on Labor Day to take advantage of some of the sales going on. Spent extra money for 2-day shipping to make certain my wife's gifts would arrive in plenty of time. Got home from work Tuesday night to find that my order was cancelled and directed to call the Macy's Consumer Protection Team. Couldn't make that call until Wednesday morning. Spoke with one of your representatives on the phone, she apologized, couldn't give a good reason as to why the order was cancelled. I explained these items were a birthday gift for my wife, she offered to overnight ship everything for arrival by Thursday at the latest. Said I would get confirmation via email when items were processed.

A day later, still no confirmation, called again. Spoke to someone who didn't really seem to care about my situation, said I must have done something incorrect. Said she could reprocess the order, but couldn't promise me I would have in time for my wife's birthday. Suggested that I shop in-store next time to avoid confusion. So, I have ordered online countless times from Macy's, never had any issues. This time, a complete mess and still no birthday present for my wife from me and my two boys. Totally unexceptionable, extremely frustrating. If this is the example they are setting for customer service, Macy's will not be around too much longer. That is a shame, considering I will now go to Amazon and have everything delivered, not only in two days or less, but at no additional charge. This is why Macy's retail footprint is shrinking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My Beauty Box was cancelled because of payment and had an email saying to call customer service. But it was absolutely **. The first person couldn't even get my order number right. Took her at least five tries to get it right. Then she transferred me to the Beauty Box department to only have someone tell me she can't do jack ** on her side. What the hell. Why waste my time trying to find out they can't do anything. How dumb and incompetent is this customer service? Terrible. Don't email me to say to call and have them do nothing about it. Useless. Absolutely useless.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Made a purchase of jewelry online and their price adjustment policy reads that if your purchase goes down in price within 10 days, they will refund the difference. I call customer service and he says he can’t give me the refund on the difference. So here I am to tell you, they are liars and you can bet when it comes here, I will take it right back to the store for a refund. It’s their policy and it’s nothing but lies and I try not to do business with a liar!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

So I go into Macy's to see what they have on sale, the salesperson says we have 50% off on anything you purchase today if you open A Macy's credit card. I asked, "Is that after any thing on sale." She said, "yes!" So I open an account and she rings me up and gives me only 25% off, she said that the other 25% off will be taken off my Macy's bill statement. Bill arrives and 25% they promised was NOT taken off. I called customer service. They did nothing about it. I will no longer be a Macy's customer because I do not like being lied to and their customer service and credit department disappointed me.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Dragana ** is truly a gift to Macy's. She was very knowledgeable and attentive to my fitting challenge. Dragona tuned right into my needs. She is a great employee who deserves an employee of the year award and a raise.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

As a years long customer of Macy's I was surprised when I was told my credit card purchase had to be approved. I had more than a sufficient amount of credit to cover the small purchase I was making. I was asked to speak with the person on the phone regarding the approval. I was repeatedly asked if I had a American Express card. I did not, nor did I have any idea what she was referring to. I was kept on hold for at least 5 mins. while the line was growing behind me. Finally I was told that if I entered my SSN and provided my drivers license I could make the purchase. I was never told what the problem was and I feel I was treated in a rude and inappropriate way.

It was not until several days later when I received an email advising me that my Macy's Star card was being replaced with a Macy's American Express card. Who knew? I certainly did not. I have since heard of other customers running into the same situation. I had never received any replacement cards which should have been obvious since I never activated any new cards. Obviously there was a problem rolling out this new card and loyal customers like me paid the price. It will be a long time before I step into a Macy's store again. There are plenty of other store who do value and respect their customers.

Macy's Company Information