2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 1,879 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

CONSUMER ALERT! Ordered a Roomba online and was charged to my Kohl’s credit card $390. Over the course of the following weeks, I received emails stating that I received $105 Kohl’s cash for that purchase; however, it needed to be used prior to expiration. On the last day of expiration, I received multiple emails stating I should use my bonus Kohl’s cash before it expired that evening. Being practical, I thought I would purchase an ironing board. I was shocked to find it cost $100. Their ad stated it would be 30% off. When I went to order, my Kohl’s cash would not accept the discount. I paid $105 in Kohl’s cash (advertised to me as bonus money) plus charged to my credit card was $11.95! Why? Because, I had to pay shipping of $8.95 due to the Kohl’s cash and the additional sales tax!

Right before Christmas, I learned the roomba I purchased was not the one I thought and was over-priced (based on local competition). I had not opened either item. I took both purchases unopened and both receipts to the local Kohl’s store. I was told I could only have $265 returned to my credit card! I could have $105 in Kohl's cash to use in the next 30 days. Excuse me? I’ve paid $401. You will credit me $265? And, $265 plus $105 does NOT equate to $401. Why? Kohl's does not return tax on Kohl's cash purchases! They were rude, told me it’s how their system works. It’s because I used the Kohl’s cash. I explained I did not ask for the Kohl’s cash. It was in their persistent email/ad that I made any effort to use it at the last minute.

But, most importantly, both items unopened and both receipts are returned to Kohl's within weeks and my Kohl's credit card bill has not even been due yet. But, THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY FULL CREDIT. AND, doesn’t the government understand or all consumers, THEY DO NOT RETURN SALES TAX ON KOHLS CASH PURCHASES. HOW IS THAT LEGAL?!?

I went home, made my best effort to reach someone at corporate. No one responded to emails. I reached someone online who told me that I was correct. In short, he said, if I have both items unopened and both receipts, I receive full credit on my Kohls credit card. We went to the other local Kohl's store. The manager would not come to the service desk and discuss with us. The girl at the desk was told to tell us the people online do not know how things work. I asked for a number to reach corporate. She gave me a phone number. It was generic. I reached with pushing buttons a ‘refund inquiry’ department. On hold, over and over, the message was ‘we follow our return policies. Your return may only come as Kohls's cash. 'Hmmm...'

After 30 minutes on hold, when asked how he could help me, I began my story. He told me he only works with thefts. He’d send me to the executive office to leave my name and number. This time, the phone answered immediately to nothing but a voicemail to leave a name and number, then, click. I left my name and number. Never heard from them. This is a BIGGER ISSUE THAN ME. CONSUMER ALERT!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

My issue started when I went online to make an order. At the conclusion of the order everything was approved and I received the confirmation email. 2 hours later I received an email saying my order had been cancelled, but no explanation to why. I assumed there was an issue with my card so I made the order again using a different card. Same story. Confirmation email, delay, order cancelled with no explanation. I had a gift card from Kohl's so I just went to the store and made a purchase of a similar item. I received Kohls cash from my purchase, yaay! So at the designated time I AGAIN went online to make an order of different items (it's Covid-19 out there so I'm trying to stay online vs in person, but Kohls makes it too hard).

AGAIN the order using Kohl's cash went through and then cancelled so I AGAIN went to the store. I spent an hour locating similar shirts and when I went through the line to use the Kohls cash, the teller said it had been spent! She called a manager that explained that the Kohl's cash would take 2 days or so to reload, but they gave me a customer service # to call. I called the number, the agents transferred me around and eventually made my order with a confirmation # that did not get cancelled. This was on Nov 29th.

On Dec 2nd I received an email saying my entire order had shipped! GREAT! WELL today is Dec 21st and I STILL have not received the order. Called customer service who could not tell me anything and she transferred me to a .com rep who said my order was scheduled for delivery between Dec 3rd-Dec16th and they could not do any research until 12 days AFTER Dec 16th which will be Dec 28th and a MONTH after making my order. Since Nov 29th I have ordered online from Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc and have already received those orders. What are they doing that Kohls.com is not? I have wasted SOOO much time with this and even more writing these reviews. No one has offered to do anything extra regarding my wait or my experience. I am definitely not a satisfied customer and have already begun taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I ordered children's PJS along with other items on Nov 28th, my order was separated into 3 parts. I had 4 items delivered and the most important items are yet to be delivered. My expected Delivery was Dec 8th. I called Kohl's and cannot cancel my order until Dec 26th, 12 days after the items have been shipped and failed to be delivered thru Pitney Bowes in Monroe Twp. 30 minutes from me. PB has had my package since Dec 8th. So I have no package nor can I get a refund. Associates suggestion was to order the items again, Why would I spend more money. So I went ahead and ordered thru Amazon, something I should have done instead of ordering from Kohl's.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Kohl's shipped chairs first and the table arrived day later. I assembled the chairs the day I received them which took about 4 hours. Day later table arrived damaged. I called Kohl's and was advised I will receive a call back in about a week. One week went by and no call from Kohl's so I called them back. This time they stated they want me to disassemble the chairs and box it all up and ship it back. I waited a week for them just to tell me that and now they want me to spend hours disassembling the chairs and figure out how to box it all up being that UPS won't accept it without a box. Poor customer service on Kohl's. I am very disappointed with them. Table on the other hand is ok for the price if it wasn't damaged. I won't shop with them anymore.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Kohl's offers great deals and flashy prices up front but has some of the worst customer service after purchase. They offer Kohl's cash as an incentive, which seems great but makes returns a nightmare. They don't just make the items that you bought with the Kohl's cash difficult to return, but also the items you "earned" them with. They will try to remove the Kohl's Cash spent on any of the above items (rendering your return significantly less valuable than you paid). I was told to return it without a receipt to get any money back the last time this happened.

Another awful part of their customer service is even getting through to someone. I ordered from their site and they sent out my 4 items in 3 different packages. My 3rd package has been stuck "in transit" for weeks. I cant get through to anyone. I even tried their online chat feature which told me I had an 81 minute wait time, asked me the same questions multiple times, and then timed out on me. I am very disappointed with this store. I will be shopping elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I ordered Christmas present for mom from Kohl's, pajama set, not cheap either, Vera Wang. Got package today and it only had the top! Despite the fact that IT WAS a SET! So I got on the Kohl's site to do the Ask chat and that was a miserable experience. THREE times I did the chat and three times was told by the dumb bot ORDER NUMBER not found, yet I'm looking right at the order on my computer while I'm on the chat. Not sure who who or what is hired for these chat bot lines, but needless to say, not very capable of looking up orders. So then I called the customer service line and was on hold for over 30 minutes. The gentleman who took the call was pleasant but said the item could NOT be replaced so I was out of luck and all they could do would be to refund me the price.

My mom is a 1x so finding nice quality things for her is hard sometimes. Needless to say I now do not have a Christmas gift for her and am annoyed, sad and disappointed with Kohl's. I spend a lot at that store, but I am all done. Will not shop there ever again. Cutting up my Kohl's charge card as we speak. Hope you all are having better luck with your online orders arriving as ordered.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I spent $92 at Kohl’s. They shipped one $7 item and then reauthorized the remaining $84 twice. So now my account is in the negative. I called them and my call was disconnected 5 times in a row, sometimes it would happen within 3 minutes and sometimes within 13 minutes, so no rhyme or reason, the call just disconnects. After giving up on calling, I waited two hours for someone to talk to me through the chat box. The person was very rude and just kept copy and pasting the exact same authorization email repeatedly. They refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor.

It is illegal to charge someone twice for an item they only purchased once. I have had nothing but bad times at Kohl’s and this is the cherry on top. I will never shop there again. They have the worst customer service and do not care if they rob you blind. I now have to dispute the charges with my credit card company and it’s been weeks, they still haven’t shipped the rest of the items. Complete nightmare. Shop literally anywhere else!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered multiple items November 24th that got separated to be shipped in 4 different packages. I only received 2 packages. When I contacted customer service they told me that I had to wait until December 8th to see if the packages arrived and to contact customer service again if they didn't. They never arrived so once again I waited over an hour to chat with someone and they told me they won't refund my money because the boxes could still arrive. Mind you one package has said "In transit" with no location for 5+ days now with no change and the other still said "Awaiting item arrival" meaning the shipping service still hadn't received the package. And yet Kohl's does not care and told me that they won't do anything to make it right. Instead they told me to wait another 12 days to see if the packages come and if the don't they want me to reach out for a 3rd time to see how/if they can fix it.

I wasted 3+ hours of my time waiting for responses from their slow and terrible customer service to get nothing done. Also, when I brought up the fact that their website says you have to purchase something by December 11th to get it in time for Christmas but I purchased something on November 24th and they won't send me replacements in time. They didn't care and had no response. Then before we were done chatting the representative disconnected the chat. I will never purchase anything from here ever again and I advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Called 3 times to get my ko cash that was due to me. All I get is it was submitted and on the way. It's not. I was promised this and they didn't take the 15% discount when I placed the order with a code THANKS. I'm tired of calling and sitting on hold like 15 minutes each time I called. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Bait and switch company. Ordered more than 600.00 online and promised huge discounts and free shipping. Wasted a lot of time placing this order only to find out the next day that they had cancelled the order without any explanation. Called their customer service and talked to 2 people...non English speaking so you can hardly understand them just to be told I would have to reorder because one or 2 items they no longer had. You would think like every other online ordering company they would adjust your pricing and notify you of the items they could not fulfill or back ordered items...They did not, their practice is to cancel the whole order out and make you waste time to try to reorder all the items.

These items are no longer on sale and they will not honor the sale price you had initially purchased them for. Some of the items of which are double the price you was GOING to buy at...Don't be mislead, after doing research I found they have been scamming people in this way for along time. I truly hope they go under just because they are such a deceptive company.

Kohl's Company Information