2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5
Based on 4,466 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My yes2you rewards expired yesterday. I called asking for 1 day extension and was told that it's fine to use it in the store because it's like Kohls cash with 10 days grace period. I shopped and only to be told that they can't take it in the store. I called back and was told I have to order it on the phone in order for them to be able to apply it. Went home and look for item to buy. Called back and was told no I can't use it. Very frustrating. I've always use Kohls for clothing but I'm going to limit spending there now. Also they now limit so many items on their discount offers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

After several emails and ads I'd seen, I decided to check out Kohl's Black Friday sales with their "Kohl's cash" offer. WHAT A MISTAKE! I had no idea that if I had to return an item (since they were Christmas gifts for my teen girl I assume I will have to as our taste differs sometimes) that my refund would be reduced by the ENTIRE amount of Kohl's cash used! So for a $20 pair of boots and $5 shirt I got a whopping $6 refund! Not to mention that I had to spend over $100 for that privilege! Two different order dates and had a return on each so I got NO ADVANTAGE at all for the hundreds of dollars I spent there!! I cannot believe they don't pro-rate the Kohl's cash on a refund. When asked if we could get something else I was told it had to be the same brand and price! Then to see their "hassle free returns" all over the web is just a slap in the face! I will NEVER spend another dime there.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Very frustrating that I placed an order online 12/12 for Christmas gifts and on 12/23 UPS tracking shows it as damaged, discarded and that they notified Kohl's. I've waited a week to see if I received a refund and it hasn't happened yet. After speaking with Customer Service, they said I must wait until Kohls receives the package from UPS, even though they also see it was damaged and not shipped to me --- why???? I mentioned that UPS states it's been discarded and Kohls said I need to wait and call back on 1/4/2020 to check the status again. In the meantime, I can place (and pay) for a replacement order. This doesn't make sense and Kohls is not handling it correctly.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

11/27 ordered a pillow. 12/16 lost in Fla. I cancelled. Refund to be here 12/23. I called 12/24. Should have refund overnight. 12/30 called again. They will put in a request again. May take 7 more days. So waiting almost a month, never got a product and no refund either.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Had the worst Christmas shopping ever, buying sport shoes for my husband turned into nightmare. They send me wrong shoe size two times in a row, then online agent assured me I will receive refund as e gift card on my email within 7-14 days, then I followed up again. Was told that I will receive it by 17th of December. Now it is 22nd and no e gift card back, now contacted this worst customer service again and the supervisor is saying that they do not send e gift card, they mailed it and I will receive it in a month!!!! What?!!! Now I have to wait for month to get my money back plus I had the worst experience ever! Definitely will stop shopping in your store because you lie to people and then cannot fix the problem!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered a Seahawks jersey on the Kohl's website for my husband for Christmas, this was the main gift he has been wanting. Two days later I receive an email stating my order was canceled. The item I ordered in the same size that I ordered it in, is still listed on the website as "In Stock". So disappointed. I'm still waiting for my funds to be returned to my account but I believe Kohl's needs to do a more proactive job of keeping their website up to date.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I ordered some Christmas gifts online in the evening. The next day I happened to notice that I did not change the shipping address and that it was to my old address where I no longer lived. I called right away and spoke to an agent that informed me their policy is they cannot cancel nor change any information after 30 minutes of placing the order. I explained I no longer lived at that address and do not know the people who live there. He said he would try for an exception and said someone would contact me.

Two days later I heard nothing so I called and was told that they were not sure why I was told that and there was nothing they could do and the package was being delivered to the wrong address. They suggested I contact a neighbor to see if they could go and get it. How ridiculous is this that they cannot make any changes. I have cancelled items from Amazon many times after it has shipped. Kohls will no longer have any of my business and I hope this will make people think twice about their customer service!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

One star is actually too many but there isn't an option to go any lower, ordered two items that were shipped to my old address, I did go in and change my address so why did the old one stay on my account? Of course you have to call and talk to people in China to try and get any help!!!! Supposedly a supervisor told me she could see my address change in there and that I would receive a refund and my Kohl's cashback in the next 48 hours, nope, sure didn't get it!! Called back a few days later, no record of my call, go figure!! So the second time I called they just said, "Sorry, we aren't going to reship or give you a refund". So now I am out the merchandise and the money!! Do not buy from this store, they DO NOT give a crap about the customer!!! Have spent a lot of money at this store but never again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Placed an order on Cyber Monday using my Kohl's Cash. It was a big order and it shipped in 4 different packages. Long story short after almost 2 weeks of fighting with them for my refund I still dont have it. Had to forfeit my cash refund so that I can get my kohls cash to finish my shopping. Mind you I have literally spent almost 2000.00 this Christmas at their stores. After all of that their resolutions to my problem was for ME (the customer) to go to my local post office and to my neighbors to try to locate my package.... I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY IN THESE STORES EVER AGAIN AND WOULDNT RECOMMEND YOU TO EITHER!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of jeans and had them delivered to my home so I did not have to drive 45 minutes to purchase them. Upon removing them from the package, I notice that the security tags are still on them so now I have to drive 45 minutes to have them removed. Employees need proper training if shipping items. So frustrating!!!

Kohl's Company Information