3.63/5
Based on 4,346 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kohl's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kohl's Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I ordered a Nintendo Switch as part of their black Friday deals since it came with $90 Kohl's cash. Seemed like a good deal. They created a UPS label on 11/28 and that's all they've done. They never shipped the item but marked they had in their system. After the expected delivery timeframe passed I called their customer service and they kept insisting it had shipped even though the UPS tracking clearly says UPS is still waiting for the item. They said they would do an "investigation" and email me what they found out. I got an email alright. An email that told me the EXACT SAME THING. THAT THE PACKAGE SHIPPED! IT HAS NOT SHIPPED! I've emailed the back pointing out the proof for the second time now. If they still say it has shipped I will be disputing through my credit card and they can deal with them. This is ridiculous.

I will never shop with Kohl's again. Oh and guess what? It's not over. Remember that $90 Kohl's cash? We used it (before the whole Switch mishap started) and bought a coat. The coat came, a miracle, but it still had a plastic ink security tag on it! We called and complained about that and they said they would ship us a new coat immediately and it would ship out on 12/6. It's now 12/8 and guess what? Only a label has been made, a UPS has not gotten the package yet. I hate this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Ordered 3 items which should have been delivered by 12/6. Due to negligence in packing item was damaged and UPS notified Kohl's. I called customer on-line service and was told to call back on 12/12. Say what???? As of today I have not received a credit on my account or any of the items ordered. Was told to just wait!!! This is the second time items shipped by Kohl's was damaged. Last year they rectified the situation by immediately sending me a replacement. I guess they changed their process because now I don't know when I might get a credit back or my order. Think I am done with online shopping at Kohl's!!! From a very dissatisfied customer!!! I would select no stars for satisfaction at Kohl's!!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Worst customer service ever. They lied to me about how much my card was being charged and lied on the notations on the account. "Donald" is fraudulent. I am scared that he even has my credit card info. Every time I order from them there is an issue. I was supposed to get 15% off from a previous issue. He made up that I was getting $30 off. Said it would be $92.48 on my card. Got the email a minute late. They charged the full $122.48. No 15% off! I called back. 20 min later I'm getting $20 refund. He had just made up the $30 discount (since that is not 15%), just to get me off the phone, then charged me full price. At first, he was trying to charge me 166$. I was like, that is $40 more than the total in my cart. He wouldn't let me speak to anyone else that might understand!

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2019

I have reached a resolution with Kohls.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ordered sneakers during Black Friday sale. A week later I got an email saying the order was cancelled as the shoes were not in stock. I could have ordered other shoes that I liked and were on sale had they let me know they were out of stock. I tried to reach someone who could get me the same sort of deal that I missed because of their mistake. I could not reach or speak to anyone in the corporate offices to even speak to. No one that I can reach can help me. I was given two phone numbers. One was for online sales and one was supposed to be for corporate offices if online sales could not help. Online could not help and the corporate number led to the same place as the first number.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

After being influenced online to check out Kohls Black Friday deals, I place a $150 order on November 28, 2019. The free shipping and the 15% "GIVETHANKS" discount made this a fantastic deal (or at least I thought so...). Order delivery date from CA to WA was December 5. On December 5 at 5 pm PDT I spent thirty (30) minutes on the phone with customer service. Not only did the package never ship, Kohl's would do nothing to remedy the situation until December 7, two days past the promised delivery date. They would not allow any further escalation of the issue.

I will share my experience with Mr. Mansell (CEO) at corporate headquarters. I can't believe that in the current retail environment Kohl's has a policy of disregarding the customer experience by intentionally delaying remedy. There is no ill intent in this communication. I really held out hope that a resolution would have been offered given the reality of the acknowledged and verified error that happened with my order. As a longtime customer of Kohl's I am saddened that I will now join the millions of individuals that are saying "So long" and taking my business to the competition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an item for 399.99. They sent me the wrong item. They refused to send the correct item. Said the sale is over and I have to now pay 499,99. I ordered it at the lower price and they sent the wrong item. They said they were sorry but couldn't honor the price. Their corporate rep called me at 11 pm on a work night to say the exact same thing "Sorry but we can't help you". I repeated. You made the mistake and sent the wrong item. All I got was "Sorry we can't help you". It's more expensive now. They were rude and didn't care that they made the mistake. I will never shop at Kohls again. Very bad experience. Im still in shock over their statements and the late night call. I will be writing reviews and reporting them to the better business bureau. This site makes you rate at least one star but they deserve no stars. Horrible customer service and horrible return policy.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have issue twice with Kohls online ordering and I lost $350 with this company all together. 1st time I order online $50 gift card for Mother's Day and emailed to my mother in law. She never received it. I was in moving process and was not able to call right away. I called Kohls customer service, and they told me, they can resent me. I told I will get in a month. I waited for a month and called them, they said I should wait a week more. I waited 3 weeks. Now, they are telling me they can only email to Original email address. I told them it is not active. They said they can't do anything because it is not 6 months. Is this my fault that their system suck and customer service agent don't know what to do.

I placed recent order online, I made sure I updated my new address correctly, they still send order to old address. I received notification, so I called them again right away, and customer service agent is telling me they cannot do anything. As my account shows both address, they sent to wrong one. I should go to old address and collect my items. Are they out of their mind? This time my order is $300. I need my money back on any reason.

I cannot believe how insane their support is. I did shopping same time with JCPenney, Lowes, Home depot, and Maceys. I don't have any issue. I had shipping issues with Lowes and Home depot as my address is not in Google map yet. They simply arranged pick up for me in nearby store not like Kohls telling me they can't do anything.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Fellow Kohls shoppers, BEWARE! I You are nothing more than a number. I say this as I have been a loyal customer for upwards of 20-years and a cardholder for nearly as many. Without prior notice from Kohls, my account was closed and reported to the credit agencies. Their direct and voluntary action, caused my credit score to drop substantially. As you know, your credit history is a huge variable in the way you are viewed by all the credit agencies. Kohls has no trouble soliciting me daily via email, but they claim that a call or email regarding their intent was not their responsibility. That's simply bad business!

When I contacted them, they flat out refused to rectify their reckless action. Imagine this; You are loyal for life only to be tossed aside like fiddler. Sounds like no good deed goes unpunished. This is truly a people issue not a policy issue! In this electronic age, we have many choices about where to shop. I cannot in good conscience, do business with a company that disrespects me and treats me like a number without regard for the detriment they have wittingly caused. Remember, we all have a choice where we do business. Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Like many others, I had the unfortunate experience of not catching an old address on an order I placed. When I called for help, simply said too bad, absolutely nothing they could do to help. I called UPS and they confirmed that indeed Kohl’s was the only way to fix the problem... all they needed to do was create and submit a new shipping label. Easy. I’ve been a faithful Kohl’s customer and credit card holder for 15 yrs. No longer. They lost my business for such hands off way of doing business. Kohl’s said that I should call the people at my old address and ask them for the package. How the hell would I even know them?!?!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Called Kohl's because my order didn't go through and the price changed on an item. I spoke to SNOW who said she would refund my credit card the difference of the sale price after speaking to a manager. So I place the order then I get an email from kohl's stating an inquiry was submitted to customer service dept on my behalf. I then get another email stating they can't make price adjustments and thanks for my understanding. I respond by asking then why did the customer service rep say she personally was refunding my credit card the difference?! HORRIBLE customer service and I'm returning my order so they won't get any money at all for my purchase. You don't want to honor your word?? Then you get nothing at all. TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER AND THANKS "SNOW" FOR LYING.

Kohl's Company Information