1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1566 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of jeans online. My cc was charged the amount of the order. Then 30 minutes later my cc was charged 2 more times for each pair of jeans. When I called customer service I was told the charges will fall off in 7 to 10 days. What if I could not afford that overage charge. I will never shop at Kohl's again. I will probably return the jeans out of principle.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Ordered carpet cleaner online. 299.99 with 40% coupon. Paid 179.99 plus tax of $14.85 total 194.84. Earned 45$ Kohl's cash. They sent wrong cleaner. Returned cleaner. Was credited $142.88. Should have been credited 194.84 -$45 Kohl's cash which is 149.84. They kept $6.96 that doesn't belong to them and they will not fix. Done with Kohl's. The biggest thing is I could have kept the $100 cleaner and not noticed it. Then I would have been screwed $100. No skin off their back. They have made me mad and hurt my feelings. Don't need the store.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I visited the Fenton MO Kohl's this morning to return a camera I purchased for my granddaughter for Christmas that she received a duplicate. I paid $60 for the camera in November. The clerk informed me that they would deduct $15 Kohl's cash that I got for purchasing the camera then had to give me $18.76 in Kohl's cash. Then either credit my Kohl's card for 28.07 or give me store credit for this amount. I told her my credit card has been paid and I wanted the cash back. Why the $18.76 in Kohl's cash that had to be used in a week I have no idea and she could not explain. She told me it has to be done this way. I told her she is forcing me to spend the credit in their store and she said, "Yes that is the way it is."

Why does Kohl's used our money? I will not shop there again as this is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. Sad. Amazon and Pennys never give me grief and keep my hard earned money. Warning to all, do not trust Kohl's not to keep your money and certainly do not use your Kohl's charge. My daughter told me if I wasn't so honest I could have gotten store credit for the $60 I spent on the camera if I told them I didn't have a receipt. Boy it doesn't pay to be honest.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I went to Kohl’s this morning to return boots that I had bought my daughter for Christmas. I did not realize she had two right boots. All I wanted to do was have them exchanged or reorder. They did not have any more in the store so the clerk informed me that I would have to reorder them. Here’s the best part I had the gift receipt and the value was a lot less than what I purchased them for...interesting!!! It’s good thing I had the original receipt on me. So I was able to get a store credit for my daughter. Very poor customer services and what kind of scam are you running when the gift receipt is less than the original. This needs to be looked into. How many people so with the gift receipt not knowing how much the person actually paid. Wow!!! The CEO ARE RAKING IT IN!!! Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

First, know that when you call, 99% of the time it's another country that has no clue about Kohl's that answers the phone. Had someone in Asia and then sent to the Philippines when I asked for the US. Ordered my bosses their gifts. Kept looking at tracking every day and was to arrive on the 19th. Our party was the 21st. On the 18th, the day it was to come I get an email from Kohl's saying they cancelled my order because they were out of stock! They couldn't tell me that when I ordered it. Waited til the day it was to arrive. Called and finally got someone in Milwaukee, WI and asked for the corp # and all they ever say is we don't have that information sorry. LIARS!

I emailed "customer support," told them I keep getting told that and I know there is someone higher up they can give me a phone # too or even an email. They respond back telling me to call the customer service # for help. They don't even read the emails and pay attention to what their customers are saying. If you want something to be sent for a certain time, I would go elsewhere. I never will trust Kohl's again. Sad that so many people have had so many issues and they have done nothing to make their customers happy. Lie after lie.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an online order for a PS4 Sideman Bundle. It was a great deal! I paid for it and got a receipt. Then THE NEXT DAY for no good reason Kohl's went ahead a canceled my order, no raincheck, no explanation, nothing! I didn't see the email for a couple days so I didn't bother looking for another Black Friday deal until it was too late. Way to screw your customer Kohl's! I WILL NOT BE BUYER ANYTHING FROM KOHL'S EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Will never use or go to Kohl's again!!! Ordered boots for granddaughter's Xmas gift on 12/17. Guaranteed delivery 12/21-12/24. 12/18 order fulfilled and UPS label created. 12/19, 12/20, 12/21 - no change to status. Still showing UPS label created. Called and chatted 4 times - GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Chatted again 12/24 and still GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Never received. Granddaughter had no gift to open.

Called 12/26 - on the phone for over 1 hour. Told that item was not in stock - so I had been LIED to the entire time??? Would not make any compensation except to issue credit, which I had already been charged for and received monthly statement with that item on it, and 200 rewards points. Absolutely unacceptable! I will be closing my Kohl's charge and NEVER GOING OR ORDERING from Kohl's again. I could have ordered boots from other sites but trusted Kohl's to provide the best service! WRONGGG!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered online and item needed to be returned. I went to the store in person to return this item for a credit. Very fast service, did not even need or show my C/C. All I needed was the packing slip. I was out the door in minutes. Received my credit super fast on my C/C.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered 3 Christmas gifts from Kohl's in plenty of time for delivery. I only received one! I will NEVER order from them again! After over an hour on the phone they were only able to tell me how sorry they were and that my CHRISTMAS presents could be delivered ON THE 27th of DECEMBER!!! I opted for a refund of the items that weren’t delivered and declined their 20 % off coupon for future purchases. I’d rather pay twice as much than ever order from them again!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Not only did I find my experience at the local Forest Hill, MD store poor, but I learned when dealing with the corporate leadership Michelle Gass and Sona Chawla that incompetence and inconsideration is a corporate wide culture. Those I contacted directly would not reply and those who I did speak to that stated they would contact me back failed to fulfill their word. My issue was not properly resolved. My wife and I contacted the store first as we had a baby seat purchased for us that was the wrong model. Due to the age and location of the relative who purchased it, we were unable to secure a receipt. We called in advance specifically to ask if we would receive a store credit or a check refund without a receipt and were told a corporate check refund for the lowest amount the model was ever sold for. This was confirmed by Mary when we entered the store.

As it turns out, Kohl's only provides store credit. I am fine with the policy, and am not fine with being told something not in line with that policy. As a result we relinquished the car seat the store (unopened/factory sealed box) which they have since returned to their warehouse, however, we have received nothing of a refund of any sort. I've talked to Shelley at their corporate office and she constantly interrupts while you speak. 2 emails to their corporate executives and no reply of any sort. The store credit is a waste for us as it puts us out $250 we'll need to pay out of pocket to replace. In a day and age when most companies are willing to work with you when they see their associates are in error, Kohl's will throw you to the cold at your financial negative.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered several packages from kohls.com on Black Friday, spent over $600 online. My last package said it was shipped 11/24 but every day the shipping information would change. I called the customer service Department and explained what was going on. The reps response was “be patient”. I told her I was more than patient as I had already waited 3 weeks. She continued to tell me that the package was scheduled to be delivered the next day. When I tried to explain to her that the shipping info changed every day, she told me “STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE”. Needless to say I was livid! I wasn’t negative I just wanted my package. I asked to speak to a supervisor who was also no help!

After hanging up with them, I received several emails from different people asking me once again to be patient but at no point and time did any of them try to accommodate me or offer compensation. When I asked if they could ship another item and if the original one arrived I would return it, they said No! I never dealt with a company that had such poor customer service! I’m in shock that such a huge company operates this way. Needless to say, they have lost a customer. BTW month later I still haven’t received my package.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Absolute worst online ordering company to deal with. I placed an order online on "Black Friday." Item was in-stock and shipped to me. I made multiple Christmas purchases this day from Kohl's, lots of money was spent. What a surprise I had when the Nintendo Switch Bundle I ordered was not in the box, it was a $25 remote controlled car, with the packing slip for the Nintendo - How are they even alike??? I called Kohl's, I was told to return it to the store to receive my credit. I ran down there to stand in line for 40 mins. Returned the item less the Kohl's I had earned and used from its original purchase. The item was not available in the store so I again had to call customer service to place the order for the item. The only one available was a Nintendo Switch nonbundle at a higher price.

I was getting less and paying more than my original purchase. The representative said she would place the order and open a case for me to get the difference back. WHAT A JOKE!! I have over 20 emails asking me to re-state my case and telling me they "can't" because it wasn't the same item. I would happily take the "same item" but they don't have it in stock. This is the 3rd time I've been sent the completely wrong item and had to waste my time on the phone and returning it to the store. This time I'm out a bit of money and at Christmas. They have lost a long time customer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered gifts a week ago, the day they were to arrive I get an email that they were out of stock so cancelled my order! I called, first person was in Asia, I asked to be transferred to US they sent me to the Philippines. Those people cannot understand anything! I did talk on chat and saved it to show people how stupid they are and how they lie to the customers. I ask for corporate and all they give me is the customer service # that I have already called! They say they don't have any corp info. LIE! I will never order on the site again because I cannot trust I will get it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Ordered 2 games on sale during Thanksgiving for a gift. I received one and not the other. Called customer service, the girl couldn't speak English and hung up after saying she had to go. Called back after waiting online for about 30 minutes and finally talked to a man who said he would re-ship the missing item and I should expect it in 7-10 days. After 10 days I had to call back (another 1/2 hour) and discovered the man had refunded my purchase. I asked for the item I wanted. The agent told me she could re-order it for me but not at the same sale price, but they could issue a refund for the difference. I said okay. They shipped the wrong version of the item and I still have not received the refunded difference in price. They don't have a handle on their online orders or customer service. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just spoke to a real witch named Shelly ** from Kohl's corporate offices. She was nasty, smug, and condescending. Frequently spoke over me and chastised me for not checking to see if the jewelry they sold me was missing a back. I returned the earrings and they deducted the $10 Kohl's cash. Fair enough. Not looking for a handout. Refused to refund the tax however and shorted my refund (less than $1). When I told her that they should have returned the taxes good old Shelly told me that I FEEL I've been shorted but I haven't.

No, Shelly, I can count. I also know that any taxes paid on returned merchandise must be returned to the customer. You don't get to keep it. Tried telling me how Kohl's is "thriving." Only because of old people who think they're getting a great deal with the Kohl's cash scam they run. Don't shop there. If you do, throw that Kohl's cash in the trash. It is just an inducement to get you to spend more money on their trashy, subpar merchandise. You get the same quality merchandise, and a lot of times better, out of Walmart. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Dec 8 2018 place a order online for women shoes for a gift for Christmas my mother. Ok. Dec 9 got an email saying my order is on the way. Should receive it by Dec 13th, Dec 9 got a email saying received order by 13th thru 17th. Ok. 13th came by no order. So I called, told me by 13th thru 17th again. By the end day Dec 17th still no order. Also can't even track it by UPS, they never received the order. Call Dec 18. Now they saying, "Sorry we will give a refund". TF. And I got to wait 7 business days to get my freaking money back. Why they lie to me. It's not right at all. This order was made Dec 8 2018. SMDH. If I don't rec my money will put fraud on them. I will never order, shop with them ever and I will make a video on YouTube about them. I wish I find this site before doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased two items online. One was shipped to one location, and the other to a separate location. After driving 20+ miles on a Sunday morning, I was faced with a long line of people returning merchandise. The girl on duty said I'd have to wait because she was the only one on duty. So much for the convenience of buying online and the speedy pickup promise.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

So, I recently lost a LOT of clothes due to water damage. A family friend gave me $500 to buy new clothes, and I decided to shop online with Kohl's. Placed an order around $500, my bank initially flagged it as fraud, but I cleared it with them, whatever. Then, a few hours after I placed the order, Kohls.com decided it would cancel my order and lock my account. It's Saturday night and I paid for 1-day shipping for OVER TWENTY ITEMS because I need them ASAP so I don't show up to Christmas looking like a giant bag of trash because I have few clothes that fit.

Anyway. Apparently, I have to call Kohl's tomorrow to fix this, and I'm going to be livid if even one item is out of stock or my order arrives one day late. I'm a long-time customer who has never caused a problem. I'm guessing this is possibly due to the large dollar amount (whatever, some people have money) or the fact that my billing and shipping addresses are different (this is not abnormal and I recently moved). Regardless, I shouldn't have to put up with this. Do better, Kohl's.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have been trying to sign up for the sales alerts via email for the past 3 weeks and have been unsuccessful. No matter what I do, or who I talk to, the emails never come. I am dumbfounded about this. Usually, when I sign up to a company with my email, I immediately get an email welcoming me to the their family. Kohl's just doesn't care about their customers. I am going to cut stop using my Kohl's card and will not shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Went to Kohl's today to purchase some Christmas presents. I was told my Kohl's Credit card had expired. I spent nearly 20 minutes while the clerk did an inquiry on me for credit application. I was then told I would not get the discounts so walked out and threw away my old credit card along with some more paperwork to fill out to reapply for credit. It seems I need the lousy credit card to get the discounts. Also for some odd reason my credit score went down 7 points because I was asking for a credit card! A card I had but was expired. The guy with cash finishes last. Kohl's is high priced to begin with so without the discount they are worthless to me. I will be doing my shopping at WalMart this year. A very disappointed customer at the Shakopee Minnesota location.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Made online order, KOHL'S shipped to wrong address. When I seen via email, I called them to correct... THEY WERE NO HELP. Told me to call UPS, UPS told me KOHL'S needs to call them. Called local KOHL'S manager, she was pleasant but could not even reach KOHL'S customer service. I have been a true shopper there for years... Tonight I'll be rethinking that. 1000 miles between Michigan and Florida.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was doubled charged for items being shipped to the store and to my home. I recently made a purchase of $173 online. One item was to be picked up at the store totaling around $10. The other items being shipped totalled $162. Well Kohl's charged me the $173 + $162=$335. They stated that since items were being shipped, the $162 would not come off my bank account until they shipped them, which could take up to 7 business days. I do not understand why I was not charged the $10 (store pick up), the $162 shipped items totaling $173? Why double charge me the $335? I was so upset and explained that this does not make sense! They stated this is their policy. I canceled the entire order and now have to wait for up to 7 business days for a refund of $335 when my original purchase was just $173. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Purchased a leather coat, which was shipped to the wrong address (3 hours away) by no fault of theirs. However, they refused to cancel or modify my order with new shipping address, refused to look into the issue, because it had been delivered to the wrong address, refused refund or any other assistance.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

On Thanksgiving this year I ordered an Xbox One X 1TB w/ PUBG Bundle because they had an amazing deal that was $399.99 with $120.00 Kohl’s Cash. When I placed my order the Tortola was $441.99 with tax and they told me my package would be expected November 28th-30th. When the 30th came I checked the package tracking on UPS and it said that UPS had never received the package. But the Kohl’s website said the order had been completed and shipped.

So I called the customer service number and I was told my package was possibly lost but the representative didn’t provide much help. So that weekend I decided to try to talk to someone else via an online chat on the Kohl’s website. This representative was very helpful explaining what is happening with my package and how a refund would work if necessary. However he seemed to avoid the questions I asked about what would happen to my Kohl’s Cash I received from the order.

The following day I got an email from Kohl’s customer service explaining that there was still a chance for my package to arrive and that I should wait until December 10th. The following days I was forced to spend my Kohl’s cash being that it expired on the 5th of December, so I placed an order totaling in over $120.00 to utilize all of the Kohl’s cash.

December 10th came around and I had already received all of my items from my Kohl’s cash order and I called back to see why my package has still not arrived. And the phone representative said that my order would have to be refunded. He also informed me that my $120 Kohl’s cash would be DEDUCTED from my refund.

I was very upset because my refund would only be $311.99. I spent that Kohl’s cash when I believed my order would be arriving. With the deduction I will not be receiving a refund large enough to order another Xbox from another distributor. It feels as if Kohl’s has used the Kohl’s Cash system to force me to spend an extra $120 I would not have normally spent with them. I have tried to ask them for anything they can do to resolve this, and all they have offered is a $50 coupon and one day shipping on my next order (requiring me to spend MORE money to get any kind of resolution for my loss of money). Needless to say I am fed up with Kohl's.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Purchased Vera Wang caftan, followed laundering instructions. Material now has a thousand dirt balls on it and is uncomfortable to wear. Sales staff male and female (at check-out) very "nice nasty". (I'm AA.) Paid off balance in full except for $5.00. Kohl's decided that since zero interest could be charged on the balance, they would charge interest ANYWAY! I called and spoke with someone in Finance and was told "that's how they do it". Items are ALL OVERPRICED, they display a "sale" price. It make you think you're getting a deal. The item may say; $60.00, sale price is $$39.00, when item is CLEARLY WORTH $19.99. Cheap stuff except for purses. And jewelry prices are OUTRAGEOUS!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I placed my Christmas order Dec. 5th. The CSR failed to put my Suite# in the system. When I called to inquire if my pkg WOULD be reshipped. The CSR told me no AND my order would go back to the warehouse; and I will need to place the order over again. I asked is it possible for this to transpire prior to Christmas. She could not guarantee me that. The take away is, wait, they will credit my card and 20% off my next purchase. Excuse me, what about my family Christmas and birthday item for my grandson Dec. 15th (today is the 12th). I AM SO UNHAPPY WITH KOHL'S.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I placed an order online on 11/26 for earrings totaling $50.88. Purchasing this item earned me $15 Kohl’s cash. On 12/3 I placed an order for another item. I decided to return the first order at a store near me. I was told that because I used the $15 Kohl’s cash, they would deduct that amount from my refund. Fine. I ended up cancelling that 2nd order but did not get the $15 Kohl’s cash back. I’ve chatted and tweeted several times to get my money back but no one seems to help. Customer service online kept saying they would send me another $15 Kohl’s cash but never did. It’s been one week and I’m out of $15.90. How is that fair? Forget the Kohl’s cash, I don’t plan on ever buying anything from Kohl’s. I want a refund of the $15.90 back to the credit card I used to purchase the first order. I bought an item for $50.88, I then returned that exact item and should get full amount refunded back. They have the worst customer service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been working very hard to improve my credit and doing very well. I decided I needed revolving credit to improve my credit even more. What better way to do that than to get a charge card from a place that I shop at often. I went online and started the pre-qualification for Kohl's charge. To my surprise wow I was pre-qualified for Kohl's charge card. I was so excited. I felt so good about myself in how much I have built my credit. So because I was pre-qualified that means I could apply and get a card right? Wrong...

After I've pre-qualified I applied for a charge card from Kohl's only to find out that they were going to send me a letter which pretty much means I was denied so not only did I waste my time but, I put a ding in my credit and I didn't have to. Pre-qualification is so that you don't hurt your credit but yet Kohl's obviously doesn't care about that. Don't even apply for a Kohl's charge. Actually what happened is I applied for another department store card I was pre-approved and I did get it and I will not be shopping at Kohl's no longer... Kohl's gives false pretenses.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I placed an order with Kohl's.com on 12/1/18. This email stated to expect my order between 12/6-12/11/18. On 12/4/18 I received an email. My order has shipped and the tracking showed to arrive 12/10/18. My order never left Kohl's distribution in Secaucus NJ until 8:40 pm EST on 12/10/18. Now expected date to arrive 12/17/2018. No one with Kohl's can answer why? Calling customer service is useless. They can only verify the information you already have. No explanation! No accountability for the delay.

A few years ago I had a problem with ordering online with Kohl's... I didn't order again till this year hearing Kohl's improved on the accuracy of shipping. It has not improved! My assumption some careless employee misplaced my order and someone else found it a week later. Instead of sending it out express to right the wrong... Oh well Kohl's don't care and just sent it out! Never ever order from Kohl's.com. It is not worth the 90 minutes with customer service to maybe find out anything. You only get nothing!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been going to Kohl's for so many years but my online shopping with them lately has been frustrating and caused me a great amount of grief!!? First of all, I placed an order & when I go to my cart, it's no longer available? Then comes the shipping, they tell you 5 to 7 days but I have been waiting for weeks now & when I call customer service, I always end up with someone that barely speaks English & that's after being on hold for at least 15 minutes, then as they supposedly researched, they come back after another 15 minutes, only to tell you to call UPS?

And the coupons they sent me, I apply them and they are rejected??? Then you call again, only to be put on hold again & after 20 minutes, "Oh I don't know why it didn't take the coupons?" I could go on and on but it just makes me more upset & of course customer service never replied to my complaints, not even an apology??? Do they think, that they are the only ones out there for My shopping needs? Hell No! I will take my business elsewhere!!!

Kohl's Company Information