2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.47/5
Based on 1,539 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

This is for their credit cards. I would give them negative reviews if possible! I got a notice from my credit report that I missed a payment. I immediately started trying to figure it out. I contacted Kohl's. They said I needed to send my credit information to either a fax number or a physical address. I asked that they note my account so I didn't have a negative mark on my credit report since I was actively working with them regarding a $35 charge that I thought I paid. Bank account showed paid and I gave them the info. They said they could not. I decided to mail it because I could get delivery confirmation. I received a letter back saying that my credit report was accurate. I am trying to figure out where my payment went and nothing about my credit report at this point.

I called Kohls again. This time I got a different response. After 3 months of getting bad information from Kohls representatives on who I needed to send my bank account information to and what information they needed, we finally figured out what the problem was. I paid the account. I then asked Kohls to update my credit report because I had perfect credit before this. They denied the request through the mail.

I called back asking why would they damage the credit of a long time customer all over $35 especially since I had actively been working with them doing everything they told me to do. The customer service agent said the decision was final and they could not reverse the negative credit on my credit report because it was late. If they had a decent payment processing staff to resolve the issue sooner, I would not have been 3 months late! Don't do business with Kohls or get their credit card. The "savings" are made up anyway. Looks up reviews others have said the same.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I have been waiting for my $194 Kohl's rebate since I mailed it in December! I've called several times, mailed originals, then copies, and even emailed them. It's so frustrating to expect a rebate, especially that high amount and get nowhere 8 months later. They lost my business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Customer service is worthless less than worthless. It is a computer that just shows you pages to go to. How can you exchange something that they don't carry in stores? You can't. They sent me a pan in a plastic bag. The pan was had nothing to keep it from getting banged up. I have spent over 2000 with them over the last 2 months renovating my home never had to deal with CS. I am done with them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I had 4 $25 gift cards I finally decided to use for my birthday. I ordered 4 shirts and 3 pair of underwear. Total was $113.00. Kohl’s cancelled 3 of the shirts, sent me a gift card for $13.88 and stole $50 in gift cards. I tried to get in touch with them but they were unavailable due to Corona. I ordered 3 weeks before the shutdown. I emailed them twice. They also cancelled my Kohl’s cash on the order. So stole $50 from me plus their Kohl’s cash discount. A similar thing happened a couple of years ago over Christmas. An order disappeared In their warehouse. They supposedly credited it by giving me a code for a gift card. You guessed it, gift card code was invalid. I paid for Christmas gifts twice because I had to order twice, got the items once.

One other issue, I used to be able to order an item replacement and return the wrong size with the new purchase for exchange. They wouldn’t allow me to do that last year. I got stuck with duplicate sizes because size that fit wasn’t on sale and the size that didn’t fit was. They wouldn’t exchange and let me credit the higher priced item. Too many fails Kohl’s. I won’t be ordering from you online again, ever.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I placed an order online for the adjustable dumbbells on 07/10/2020. All the payment went through, and the dumbbells were supposed to be delivered between the 15th and 20th. However, 4 days later on the 14th, they canceled my order. The reason was the product was "recently sold out". All I got was an email. That's it. This is unacceptable. I looked for an email, so I could email their customer service. However, Kohl's don't have email, only phone number. I tweeted at them, still no response.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Pet owners should boycott Kohl's. I went in with a small dog in my arms of only 3lbs, and I have been in many times before with my dog. All of the sudden they are telling me they don't allow pets, but have nothing on their door that would indicate such a policy nor could they produce any such policy in writing. I will never shop there again. Every other store I go to, Nordstrom, TJ Maxx welcomes my dog and those are the only kinds of stores that I will patronize. It is a great joy to shop with my dog.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I ordered a graduation frame on 06/08 and on 06/13 it was delivered in a plastic bag in hundreds of pieces! I was assured by customer service that another frame would be BOXED and shipped to me only to find out this morning that that frame was also shipped in a bag and the carrier returned it to sender before it ever reached me! Customer service now tells me that I can't get a refund until the frames are returned to their stores. The stupidity of this is alarming! Common sense should alert ANYONE that glass needs a box before it's shipped.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I completed an online order ~11:16 pm to utilize a sale for some back to school items. The following morning I received an email because on of the item was out of stock. I then realized the shipping address was incorrect even though I made updates to the account. Called Kohl's because only 5 of my 13 items were already issued a tracking # and all thos 5 items had the same tracking # and none of the items were picked up yet by UPS. I got a representative in the Philippines, states nothing she can do. I asked to speak with a Manager/Supervisor, waited but the Manager/Supervisor sounded like the same person who stated nothing she can do. She told me to call UPS myself, I asked if she could call.

While waiting, I contacted UPS who already told me they haven't picked up the package and only Kohl's can fix the problem. She told me she cannot make outbound calls so I asked her to transfer me to a representative in the USA. She did and the rep in the USA told me the same story but this time he called UPS. This is a long review but it gets interesting. Now on the phone is Kohl's rep, UPS rep and I. The UPS rep stated, package wasn't picked up by UPS so Kohl's need to issue/create another label. Kohl's rep said he can't, UPS rep asked if he's sure he's from Kohl's or is he evading the cost to reprint another label because order is still incomplete and UPS haven't pick the order up. I then interrupted and stated this doesn't sounds good with both party going back and forth and no resolution.

Asked to speak with a Kohl's manager, interestingly, the UPS rep was disconnected and as usual, the Manager is on a call and no idea for how long and I cannot be kept waiting on the line. I was then told as a courtesy, he will issue a refund. I asked, can't you just resubmit a new order? He told me the new order will still be shipped to the old address even though the address was changed, How Strange. I asked, what happens to this current order now, he said don't worry about it. It took me over 1 hour to get some resolution and if I wasn't persistent to have them call UPS, I would be going back and forth until the shipment leave their facility and they would not have issued the refund.

The shipment was incomplete and still at their facility. They will create a label for at least one item so the order looks like it was picked up or whatever their method was. Now I can't even reorder my items because the promotional code expired and another rep told me, the discounted items could not be honored and I would have to pay full price. The kohl's rep said I would receive an email confirming this before end of call.

I then check my email, nothing. I told him, he said, his screen is all gray so I cannot resend email but will document my account, finally with my persistent I got some reference number after he finally sounded to start typing and documenting the account. 5 hours later and no email so waiting to see if credit will be applied. If not, I will be calling my bank to intervene with this charge. I will never order from Kohl's Again. Also, I did see recent post on this website that was posted 4 days ago with the same issue. I hope no one else will be the victim and Kohl's will actually care about their customers!

Original review: June 19, 2020

Kohl's 30 minute policy is CRAZY! After you place an order you have 30 minutes to make any changes. If you don't make them within 30 minutes they will send your items to the wrong address and tell you, "Too bad." They don't have any solution to correct the issue after 30 minutes. I have ordered from Kohl's many times but this one time (5 pairs of shoes) my order was accidentally sent to a 11 year old address. Even though I got to part of the order before the delivery, they said "Sorry Sir, it has to be done within 30 minutes". They said I now have to pay for something that I NEVER GOT! No way to fix it.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased 3 rings from Kohl's online:

- 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Windmill Ring (52952593)
    - 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Double Circle Ring (59614795)
    - 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Crown Ring (59553186)

from Kohl's on May 2nd, 2020.

They are advertised as 14 karat gold item with the ring metal described as "14k gold." When the items were received, they are marked as 14k gold OVER silver - NOT 14k gold as advertised. I returned the rings to Kohl's at my cost as no stores were open in my area due to COVID-19 and received a refund of the items, but not of the shipping cost.

Kohl's Company Information