2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Kohl's shipped chairs first and the table arrived day later. I assembled the chairs the day I received them which took about 4 hours. Day later table arrived damaged. I called Kohl's and was advised I will receive a call back in about a week. One week went by and no call from Kohl's so I called them back. This time they stated they want me to disassemble the chairs and box it all up and ship it back. I waited a week for them just to tell me that and now they want me to spend hours disassembling the chairs and figure out how to box it all up being that UPS won't accept it without a box. Poor customer service on Kohl's. I am very disappointed with them. Table on the other hand is ok for the price if it wasn't damaged. I won't shop with them anymore.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Kohl's offers great deals and flashy prices up front but has some of the worst customer service after purchase. They offer Kohl's cash as an incentive, which seems great but makes returns a nightmare. They don't just make the items that you bought with the Kohl's cash difficult to return, but also the items you "earned" them with. They will try to remove the Kohl's Cash spent on any of the above items (rendering your return significantly less valuable than you paid). I was told to return it without a receipt to get any money back the last time this happened.

Another awful part of their customer service is even getting through to someone. I ordered from their site and they sent out my 4 items in 3 different packages. My 3rd package has been stuck "in transit" for weeks. I cant get through to anyone. I even tried their online chat feature which told me I had an 81 minute wait time, asked me the same questions multiple times, and then timed out on me. I am very disappointed with this store. I will be shopping elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I ordered Christmas present for mom from Kohl's, pajama set, not cheap either, Vera Wang. Got package today and it only had the top! Despite the fact that IT WAS a SET! So I got on the Kohl's site to do the Ask chat and that was a miserable experience. THREE times I did the chat and three times was told by the dumb bot ORDER NUMBER not found, yet I'm looking right at the order on my computer while I'm on the chat. Not sure who who or what is hired for these chat bot lines, but needless to say, not very capable of looking up orders. So then I called the customer service line and was on hold for over 30 minutes. The gentleman who took the call was pleasant but said the item could NOT be replaced so I was out of luck and all they could do would be to refund me the price.

My mom is a 1x so finding nice quality things for her is hard sometimes. Needless to say I now do not have a Christmas gift for her and am annoyed, sad and disappointed with Kohl's. I spend a lot at that store, but I am all done. Will not shop there ever again. Cutting up my Kohl's charge card as we speak. Hope you all are having better luck with your online orders arriving as ordered.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I spent $92 at Kohl’s. They shipped one $7 item and then reauthorized the remaining $84 twice. So now my account is in the negative. I called them and my call was disconnected 5 times in a row, sometimes it would happen within 3 minutes and sometimes within 13 minutes, so no rhyme or reason, the call just disconnects. After giving up on calling, I waited two hours for someone to talk to me through the chat box. The person was very rude and just kept copy and pasting the exact same authorization email repeatedly. They refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor.

It is illegal to charge someone twice for an item they only purchased once. I have had nothing but bad times at Kohl’s and this is the cherry on top. I will never shop there again. They have the worst customer service and do not care if they rob you blind. I now have to dispute the charges with my credit card company and it’s been weeks, they still haven’t shipped the rest of the items. Complete nightmare. Shop literally anywhere else!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered multiple items November 24th that got separated to be shipped in 4 different packages. I only received 2 packages. When I contacted customer service they told me that I had to wait until December 8th to see if the packages arrived and to contact customer service again if they didn't. They never arrived so once again I waited over an hour to chat with someone and they told me they won't refund my money because the boxes could still arrive. Mind you one package has said "In transit" with no location for 5+ days now with no change and the other still said "Awaiting item arrival" meaning the shipping service still hadn't received the package. And yet Kohl's does not care and told me that they won't do anything to make it right. Instead they told me to wait another 12 days to see if the packages come and if the don't they want me to reach out for a 3rd time to see how/if they can fix it.

I wasted 3+ hours of my time waiting for responses from their slow and terrible customer service to get nothing done. Also, when I brought up the fact that their website says you have to purchase something by December 11th to get it in time for Christmas but I purchased something on November 24th and they won't send me replacements in time. They didn't care and had no response. Then before we were done chatting the representative disconnected the chat. I will never purchase anything from here ever again and I advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Called 3 times to get my ko cash that was due to me. All I get is it was submitted and on the way. It's not. I was promised this and they didn't take the 15% discount when I placed the order with a code THANKS. I'm tired of calling and sitting on hold like 15 minutes each time I called. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Bait and switch company. Ordered more than 600.00 online and promised huge discounts and free shipping. Wasted a lot of time placing this order only to find out the next day that they had cancelled the order without any explanation. Called their customer service and talked to 2 people...non English speaking so you can hardly understand them just to be told I would have to reorder because one or 2 items they no longer had. You would think like every other online ordering company they would adjust your pricing and notify you of the items they could not fulfill or back ordered items...They did not, their practice is to cancel the whole order out and make you waste time to try to reorder all the items.

These items are no longer on sale and they will not honor the sale price you had initially purchased them for. Some of the items of which are double the price you was GOING to buy at...Don't be mislead, after doing research I found they have been scamming people in this way for along time. I truly hope they go under just because they are such a deceptive company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I took their card and bought stuffs, they cancelled my order without proper explanation, I had to contact them and spend hours to figure out that because of a secret rule my order was cancelled, I spent more than $500 on first order. They asked me to go to their store and provide my ids, I had to hurry next day morning to provide my ids, I took permission from work to leave during working hours. Because while I tried to investigate the reason the items I wanted went out of stock. I gave my ids, the person did something with those ids and told me that everything needed is provided. I left the store and called them again after work to buy whatever was left, they didn't have a record that I submitted my ids. I lost interest in buying things from them and I forgot about it. Later I placed an order for less than $100 they cancelled this too. I placed two orders again today they did the same again.

When I reached out to customer care their answer is 'the department who knows why the order was cancelled is not available, call them tomorrow'. This is the experience when I am trying to buy things, I don't want to even think about returning something to this company, they might make me spend a month to get details to return and then deny it saying that a month has already passed. Never buying anything from this company ever again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I used this credit card once and trying to pay by phone, card was declined even after I updated the wrong expiration date, spent lots of time with reps, telling the same info over and over again, got a lot of frustration, swear not to use this card anymore ever.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Do not use their credit card. They say they sent you a statement, but they don't on purpose so they can collect a exorbitant late fee. When they called to tell me I was late, I paid it in full ($50 + $35 late fee). They still sent it to the credit bureau, which brought my otherwise excellent credit rating down and cost me $8,000 when I went to buy a house. You can NEVER reach anyone that can help you resolve any issues. I spent 2 hours being transferred from one unhelpful person to another to another. The final person promised to send me a fax to clear up the issue with our lender. She lied, never sent anything. I repeat, never use a Kohl's credit card. Belk's is a much better department store to spend your hard earned money.

Kohl's Company Information