2.87/5

1589 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

When purchasing some boots online at Kohls.com for $59.99, I could take an extra 30% if I use my Kohl's card - so I was going to use it for the extra discount. I also had $15.00 in Kohl's cash to use toward the purchase. Sooo... 30% off of $59.99 is $41.99. Did they do it that way - NO! Instead they took the price of $59.99 minus my Kohl's cash FIRST ($15) BEFORE taking the 30% off!! So, basically it took some of the value of my Kohl's cash away. They should have taken the 30% off BEFORE using my Kohl's cash. What a sneaky way to do business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered from Kohl's - I'm certain that my order has been delivered to the wrong address and after 2 phone calls and a chat, I'm told to wait 4 more days and they will reorder for me. Gee, thanks - that means it will only take a ton of effort on my part and almost a month to get my product. Their support is in Asia and I couldn't understand the first rep. Thanks Kohl's - I can see why you had to take in Amazon returns to increase foot traffic in your stores. If I have an Amazon issue, I actually talk with a person and they resolve my issue. Your customer service is so bad, you are not worth the trouble.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Wanted to buy a coffee pot. Only had 50 on my Kohl's Charge. Needed 50 more dollars to purchase it. I pay every month and never been late and they wouldn't even give me the $50 to get the coffee pot. I mean the $50 increase. So now I rip up their credit card. I don't even want it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

After logging in to my Kohl's charge account, it takes 3 deliberate clicks and entering bank account information before selecting the big green "I AGREE" button to sign up for AutoPay. Then, presumably, you would get an email that thanks you for signing up for AutoPay. Yet I have never received such an email, and Kohl's claims that I must have accidentally signed up for this after 5 years of making manual payments. For the past two months, Kohl's has DOUBLE charged me. I make my payment, and then they still AutoDraft my bank for the exact same payment. When speaking to customer service, they claim that if I make only the minimum payment due, that they will still AutoDraft me.

So just using simple math, if my bill is $50, and I log in and pay $50, then they claim they will STILL draft me another $50. Never mind the fact that once the payment is made, that the amount due is now $0, but they claim that our Terms and Conditions tell us they will still draft a payment. It hasn't happened in 5 years, but now it is happening. Not satisfied with this insane answer, I asked for this to be elevated. I got a phone call from a woman claiming to be in the president's office, and that she was the final say for Kohl's. She claims that I must have accidentally clicked into the AutoPay menu, selected to enable it, entered my bank account information, and then clicked the big green "I AGREE" button without realizing it. That is her response to me.

Not that there could have possibly been an error or glitch somewhere, because computers are infallible, but that I unknowingly did this to myself after more than 5 years of routine payments the same way each and every time. So let's assume I did blindly hammer away at my keyboard and come up with my exact bank account information and hit agree. If I make the minimum payment due, leaving $0 - ZERO - due, then wouldn't the AutoPay amount be....ZERO???? Logically, the system should recognize that a payment has been made, and cancel out the AutoPay, but nope. Not Kohl's.

So then wouldn't they recognize that $0 is due? Nope. Not Kohl's. Do they accept any fault or responsibility that their system, after 5 years of never having an issue, could have screwed something up? Nope, not Kohl's. The customer is NOT right for Kohl's. I logged in and cancelled this AutoPay that I apparently accidentally signed up for, and I immediately got an email confirming the cancellation. But still no email of ever having signed up. Surely they would have proof of me signing up and receiving an email confirmation. But nope. I do, however, have emails from December, Jan, and Feb that thank me for my ONE TIME payments, and having no mention of AutoPay or scheduled payments. I want customer care. I want customer service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My mom bought me a beautiful necklace from Kohl's for Christmas. It is normally $150, but like Kohl's does, my mom got it for a huge discount, for about $60. Well, the first day I wore it, the clasp must have broke, and it fell off and got lost sometime during the day. I emailed Kohl's to ask for help and they offered me a 10% discount, and after I kept emailing they finally ended on offering 30% off to replace the necklace. I know the necklace goes on sale frequently for 60-70% off, and it was a simple fix for them to offer me the necklace for a higher percent off to simply match the price my mom got. Kohl's had given me a faulty necklace, after all! I am so disappointed by the terrible guest care - this is not how Kohl's used to be. Kohl's did NOT go above and beyond to fix a mistake for a faulty product, nor did they even meet a minimum expectation! Terrible service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I returned Christmas gifts purchased at Kohl's but without the receipt. Therefore was told to expect a corporate refund in "7-10" days. It has been 33 days. Furthermore, it is impossible to reach a live person at their Customer Service number. I was on hold for 2 HOURS while I was live chatting a customer service rep. I have previously selected the option to request a call back. Five times. No call back. I have been told to expect an email from a supervisor after I requested to escalate the complaint. I will believe it when I see it. I don't have the heart to tell my family member that the $366.00 they spent on me was like throwing that money away.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Kohl's ruined my near perfect credit report score over a bill that was only slightly past due. AND the bill was for less than $100. They could have easily reviewed my credit score and deduced that it was an oversight BUT instead they made an official report which lowered my score by 100 points. When I called they promised to rectify things but they never did. They are an UNFRIENDLY, CALCULATING company with absolutely NO goodwill for their shoppers. If you have to shop there - use another card!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Very disappointed. I ordered shoes from kohls.com that I need by this weekend. I received the order yesterday. One shoe was a 7.5 wide and the other was a 7.5 medium. I ordered 7.5 medium, there are none in stock in store near me or I would have just done that in the first place. I called in to “Customer Service”. No one could help me without charging my card for a 2nd time and then sending me another pair.

I was supposed to be “sent to a supervisor” TWICE on TWO DIFFERENT calls. Both people that “sent me to a supervisor” sent me directly to a voicemail even after the 2nd lady said she promised she’s going to send me to a real person. I called back a 3rd time, infuriated by this time. He told me I could return them to a store then call back and order them through the phone with a reference number and get free 1 DAY SHIPPING. When I called back the lady was extremely rude and told me that they would not be here for 5 days. Even with one day shipping. Very disappointed and I will never be ordering from them again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I returned a $215.79 Coffee Maker on 12/28/2018 that I received as a Christmas Gift without a receipt. I was told because of the size of the refund it would have to go through Corporate. They took my Coffee Maker and still haven't processed the refund. I called the Customer Transactions number (800) 837-0302 and have never been able to talk to anyone at Kohl's. Not Happy and after being a loyal Kohl's shopper, this will be my last purchase and I won't hesitate to tell others of this bad customer service.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered a monitor online a few days ago. It arrived quickly, but was in a box that was torn and scotch taped. I took it to the store for an exchange, but there were none in stock there or at any nearby Kohl's. Customer Service woman said she would credit me, but I would have to re-order it online at the current price. I purchased it on sale for $99, but the price was back to $149. So, I'm supposed to pay the higher price because they sent me a used/returned item? I'm done with Kohl's. How could they send an obviously used item? Did they think I wouldn't notice? Ridiculous. Now I have to search around for another sale somewhere.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On January 21 2019, I made an online order with Kohl's based on an newspaper advertisement I received the day before. I purchased a vacuum for 199$ (regular 299$), and Ninja for 89$ (reg 139$) and 2 pairs of thermal base layer long johns (15$ and 12$). I used the coupon code provided on the front of their webpage (NEWYEAR) and received an additional 20% off totaling $267.98 and was to receive 50$ Kohl's cash. The payment for 267.98$ was withdrawn from my account.

Within an hour of purchasing Kohl's cancelled my order and sent me an email stating: "Hi, Amanda. We couldn't complete order #**, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us to figure out the next steps toll-free at 1-888-890-1755. You have not been charged for this order. If you used Gift Cards or Kohl's Cash on this order, the amount will be refunded within the next 2 days. Since you have not been charged, no Kohl's Cash has been accrued."

I called the number twice and spoke with two separate individuals. They said they could not tell me why my order was cancelled, but that I was welcome to shop in store. Since Kohl's cancelled the order, they should at least be able to inform the patron as to why or offer to fix it, or some sort of compensation. I pointed out that the coupon would no longer be valid (it expired that day) and I was told again that I was welcome to shop in store. I was informed that the money would be returned to my account within 48 hours. They were okay with taking my money but refused to send my purchase at that point. Although they were nice enough to "invite me to shop in their store", I will not be doing that.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We went into the store to exchange a pair of jeans which were the wrong size. They had been purchased for my son and didn’t fit him. We were told we could exchange them, but they had to be: The same brand [as in Levi’s, Lee, etc]. The same type of clothing (pants). AND THE EXACT SAME PRICE AS ON THE ORIGINAL ITEM’S TAG.

Of course there were no jeans or pants by that brand FOR THAT SAME PRICE. There were pants that were $8 cheaper or $4 or more, but we couldn’t get those because we were told it was “against policy to exchange anything for a different price, even if it meant Kohl’s would come out ahead.” So we could not exchange a $40 pair of jeans for a $32 pair because that was “against Kohl’s policy.” We would have taken a loss of $8. Instead, We left with a useless pair of $40 jeans, and Kohl’s lost our business for good. Kohl’s would have come out ahead. Now Kohl’s is taking a substantial loss of income/business from us and potentially anyone who asks if we recommend shopping there. The answer will now always!! Be a resounding NO.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased a mixer on Kohls.com in October while they were on sale. I had a percentage off coupon and also used Kohl's cash that I had. When I received the mixer I didn't like the color so I contacted customer service to see how I could exchange it. They looked for the color I wanted in stores and it wasn't available so I was told to return the mixer to the store and purchase again online at the now higher price. They would then refund me the difference. I was promised this wouldn't be an issue, it would be simple and fast. 3 months, 5 chat conversations later and hours of my time they still have not refunded me the full amount of the difference.

As of this morning less than half of the promised amount posted to my bank account. I was told this was because of the Kohl's cash. The last supervisor I dealt with wouldn't read the previous chat conversations thoroughly and accused me of using the Kohl's cash. It very clearly states in the conversation that the representative was going to manually adjust my Kohl's cash (take it away) so that it could be an even exchange and I would be receiving my refund of $135 in 7-10 days.

One month later I hadn't yet received it so I contacted them again. I was told it should post to my account within 2 days. One month later I still hadn't received it. The supervisor then said he would only refund me half of the amount because I couldn't give him the Kohl's cash numbers that I should have earned from the purchase. The Kohl's cash that was taken away! I want my money back that I was promised from 3 different employees, they should at least honor their word after wasting hours of my time. Also what's the point of reference numbers if they don't even read the conversations and make me rehash everything again over and over asking the same questions.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

From returning without a receipt to receiving a corporate refund the whole overall experience stinks!! Rude! On 11/30/18 I went into the Santa Maria Kohl's to do an exchange. I didn’t have a receipt so I used my California ID. The return amount was 302.36 and the girl said to me, "Thanks. Have a good night”. I was like, "Wait. Where’s my store credit?" She said, "Oh it does this randomly where it just mails you a check from corporate office." I'm so confused at this point because this girl is nice, she just doesn’t know anything. So I leave the return desk feeling ripped off, angry and betrayed. I see my sister in law as I see here a man in plain clothes asks us to stop so we did. He yells, "Hey you. STOP. YOU STOLE THAT VACUUM. I'M CALLING THE COPS!!" Man I was so embarrassed. He said this in front of everyone. I mean everyone.

I asked him what he meant and he said he seen my sister walk in without a Dyson Vacuum and when he looked up again she was returning one at the return desk. I yelled at him, "SIR YOU'RE CRAZY. WE WALKED IN WITH BOTH THESE ITEMS. WATCH THE TAPE." He insisted he did watch the tape and can we come with him to his office. I said, "Sure." I said, "Call the cops. We did nothing wrong." He said he will and I called him a name or two so he asked me to leave so I did. Anyways he ended up rewinding the tape and seeing in fact we did walk in with the Vacuum. That man embarrassed me in front of the entire store. I was so embarrassed. I’m a taxpayer and a law abiding citizen.

My Uncle needed those suits for the year anniversary of the Montecito fires. He was a guest at the ringing of the bell and thanks to Kohl's I’m out 302.36 because not only did they make me wait indefinitely for a corporate refund I never received and when I talked to Jim at corporate he was extremely rude. See I live in California Silo. If I wake up at 9 am and call the corporate refund office it’s ALWAYS CLOSED. 9 am California time so this particular day I had to wake up at 5 am to call And when I finally get through 2 1/2 hours later I’m tired and irritated and this Jim is completely rude accusing me in a passive way of stealing my own mail.

I'm flabbergasted. I really am. I’ve never had to deal with so many idiots in one company. What happened to the customer and what makes us happy. They can look up My ID card. I’ve never once returned anything ever to Kohl's without a receipt. This was my first time. I had to file with the BBC BECAUSE I’m not letting these people push me around!! I want my refund. I want it as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I sure wish I would have read these reviews before I made an online purchase. I bought a coat at an exceptional price but was so scratchy I chose to return it. The coat cost $100 and the cheapest option to return was $32 (I don't live within 100 miles of a KOHL'S to return in person). I called customer service telling them that I have no issue in paying postage fees but felt that a 30% charge was so ridiculous and that no other retailers charge close to that much. They suggested I return the item in person and refused a refund.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased 2 times on Kohl’s a week apart from each other. The first time, I updated my billing and shipping addresses. Removed the old shipping and billing address and phone number. The 2nd time I went to purchase the old information was back again, but I didn't notice because my addresses were one digit apart from each other: 1500 and 1501. When I tracked my package because it was supposed to be delivered today, I realized on FEDEX it was going to the wrong address.

When I called customer service, they said they had no record of me removing my old address: despite my 1st shipment coming correctly, and this was my fault and Kohl’s will not help in any way. They would not ship me new product. They would not call FEDEX to redirect, they would not do anything. They said, and I quote: 'if you don't like my answer, you can get on Kohls.com and leave a negative review about our call'. That was it. They were zero help and they had zero compassion for my order or feelings. I will NEVER do business with Kohl’s again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had a Kohl's store charge card for many years. I have found it extremely cumbersome to make payments online. Have been using the same computer device for 8 years and have to answer security questions every time. I have attempted to make payments on the due date only to be told that there was a problem and I should try again later, or to have to reset my username and password because the shopping and charge payment sites are different... But I have NEVER shopped online at Kohl's. I have stopped shopping at Kohl's, will pay off the card and deal with companies that take better care of their customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When pursuing the $500.00 gift card promo on the sales receipt, I was not interested in the multiple advertising options and checked "no". I was then dumped! Negative PR. Nothing but an advertising scam.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

If I could choose zero stars I would. I ordered one item. When the package arrived, it was not the item I ordered. I called and they re-sent the item. Again it was the wrong item. I called a second time and they assured me they would send the correct item. I never received a package. I called and was told they had no record of the problem. They seemed to have difficulty understanding that the item they sent was not what I ordered. Finally they agreed to issue a refund. It never showed up on my account. I started the process all over again through email.

After many emails back and forth and sending photos of the incorrect item and a screenshot of my order confirmation which included a photo of the item I wanted, they told me it was their mistake. The barcodes on the two items were switched. They asked me if I wanted the correct item sent or a refund. After I replied, they informed me that too much time had passed and they would not be able to investigate the issue any further.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Received some items as Christmas gifts from my mother. Returned 2 of said gifts with the provided gift receipts. Received X amount of dollars for the 2 items in the form of a store credit, yet questioned the amounts I received as it was less than what was on the original receipt (which I was able to view). When I questioned this, I was told "That's the amount that was on the gift receipts".

Cut to a week or so later, I returned back with the ORIGINAL receipts showing the higher amounts that I (feel) I was supposed to receive. After getting a manager to the customer service desk (and after her making a couple of calls), I was told the lesser amount was because of the KOHL'S CASH that was received by the purchaser. SO, my mother has to pay the HIGHER AMOUNTS for the items, yet I only received the lesser amounts, because of the Kohl's Cash she received. Very fishy business practices!! Been a Kohl's shopper for many years, but seriously considering being a FORMER KOHL'S SHOPPER! It appears as if many others are feeling the same!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Bait and Switch. Terrible customer service. I purchase two items for shipping. Kohl's then says I must pick the item up, TWO HOURS AWAY. They won't ship the item to me. Can't refund item since I no longer have the original gift card. This entire process was a scam to steal money. It had become clear that Kohl's steals money from "customers" on a regular basis. They should all be fired, shut down and held legally accountable.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I made an order on Kohl's online store and it was the worst experience I have ever had with a company before. I order an Oshkosh Puffer Jacket as a gift for my niece's Birthday, a hoodie, a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of tights. My order total was $61.04 and all items were on sale, thought it was a great little deal. Order is confirmed and I get an email with the details, all is well. Then the next night I get an email saying "We couldn't complete order **, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us to figure out the next steps toll-free at 1-888-890-1755. You have not been charged for this order. If you used Gift Cards or Kohl's Cash on this order, the amount will be refunded within the next 2 days. Since you have not been charged, no Kohl's Cash has been accrued."

So naturally that night after seeing the email I check my bank to see if I was charged and I was. So I wait until the next morning for their call center to be open and make the call. The woman that helped me told me that they just needed to verify my identity and that she needed my birth date, email, and the last four digits on my card, which I promptly gave. She proceeded to tell me that the name logged with my phone did not match my name and she could not verify even though if you look at the caller id I was using the phone in question for this call.

Here is the kicker, she told me that I was credited back my money (with a quick check I could see that I had indeed been given my money back since the previous night) and I would have to place my order again, and that it should be no problem because all of the items are still in stock. I kept asking her why they cancelled in the first place and she said it was just part of a procedure... but that is not really an explanation. This woman basically just politely ran me in circles. A company should have a clear and concise answer for why they have cancelled a customer's order, if it is just "part of a procedure" then explain to me what that procedure is. Still waiting on a callback from a supervisor, although I doubt they will call.

I liken this experience to going into a store and taking my time carefully selecting my purchase. Going to the counter where they ring me up with no problem, then instead of bagging my purchase the clerk says "Oh my goodness it is cancelled!" and then places it back on the shelves only to return to the counter and tell me that I can go and grab the items again and try to repurchase. Needless to say I simply found the same Oshkosh jacket on Amazon for $10 more and I think it was worth to pay the extra and actually receive my item.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of jeans online. My cc was charged the amount of the order. Then 30 minutes later my cc was charged 2 more times for each pair of jeans. When I called customer service I was told the charges will fall off in 7 to 10 days. What if I could not afford that overage charge. I will never shop at Kohl's again. I will probably return the jeans out of principle.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Ordered carpet cleaner online. 299.99 with 40% coupon. Paid 179.99 plus tax of $14.85 total 194.84. Earned 45$ Kohl's cash. They sent wrong cleaner. Returned cleaner. Was credited $142.88. Should have been credited 194.84 -$45 Kohl's cash which is 149.84. They kept $6.96 that doesn't belong to them and they will not fix. Done with Kohl's. The biggest thing is I could have kept the $100 cleaner and not noticed it. Then I would have been screwed $100. No skin off their back. They have made me mad and hurt my feelings. Don't need the store.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I visited the Fenton MO Kohl's this morning to return a camera I purchased for my granddaughter for Christmas that she received a duplicate. I paid $60 for the camera in November. The clerk informed me that they would deduct $15 Kohl's cash that I got for purchasing the camera then had to give me $18.76 in Kohl's cash. Then either credit my Kohl's card for 28.07 or give me store credit for this amount. I told her my credit card has been paid and I wanted the cash back. Why the $18.76 in Kohl's cash that had to be used in a week I have no idea and she could not explain. She told me it has to be done this way. I told her she is forcing me to spend the credit in their store and she said, "Yes that is the way it is."

Why does Kohl's used our money? I will not shop there again as this is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. Sad. Amazon and Pennys never give me grief and keep my hard earned money. Warning to all, do not trust Kohl's not to keep your money and certainly do not use your Kohl's charge. My daughter told me if I wasn't so honest I could have gotten store credit for the $60 I spent on the camera if I told them I didn't have a receipt. Boy it doesn't pay to be honest.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I went to Kohl’s this morning to return boots that I had bought my daughter for Christmas. I did not realize she had two right boots. All I wanted to do was have them exchanged or reorder. They did not have any more in the store so the clerk informed me that I would have to reorder them. Here’s the best part I had the gift receipt and the value was a lot less than what I purchased them for...interesting!!! It’s good thing I had the original receipt on me. So I was able to get a store credit for my daughter. Very poor customer services and what kind of scam are you running when the gift receipt is less than the original. This needs to be looked into. How many people so with the gift receipt not knowing how much the person actually paid. Wow!!! The CEO ARE RAKING IT IN!!! Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

First, know that when you call, 99% of the time it's another country that has no clue about Kohl's that answers the phone. Had someone in Asia and then sent to the Philippines when I asked for the US. Ordered my bosses their gifts. Kept looking at tracking every day and was to arrive on the 19th. Our party was the 21st. On the 18th, the day it was to come I get an email from Kohl's saying they cancelled my order because they were out of stock! They couldn't tell me that when I ordered it. Waited til the day it was to arrive. Called and finally got someone in Milwaukee, WI and asked for the corp # and all they ever say is we don't have that information sorry. LIARS!

I emailed "customer support," told them I keep getting told that and I know there is someone higher up they can give me a phone # too or even an email. They respond back telling me to call the customer service # for help. They don't even read the emails and pay attention to what their customers are saying. If you want something to be sent for a certain time, I would go elsewhere. I never will trust Kohl's again. Sad that so many people have had so many issues and they have done nothing to make their customers happy. Lie after lie.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an online order for a PS4 Sideman Bundle. It was a great deal! I paid for it and got a receipt. Then THE NEXT DAY for no good reason Kohl's went ahead a canceled my order, no raincheck, no explanation, nothing! I didn't see the email for a couple days so I didn't bother looking for another Black Friday deal until it was too late. Way to screw your customer Kohl's! I WILL NOT BE BUYER ANYTHING FROM KOHL'S EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Will never use or go to Kohl's again!!! Ordered boots for granddaughter's Xmas gift on 12/17. Guaranteed delivery 12/21-12/24. 12/18 order fulfilled and UPS label created. 12/19, 12/20, 12/21 - no change to status. Still showing UPS label created. Called and chatted 4 times - GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Chatted again 12/24 and still GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Never received. Granddaughter had no gift to open.

Called 12/26 - on the phone for over 1 hour. Told that item was not in stock - so I had been LIED to the entire time??? Would not make any compensation except to issue credit, which I had already been charged for and received monthly statement with that item on it, and 200 rewards points. Absolutely unacceptable! I will be closing my Kohl's charge and NEVER GOING OR ORDERING from Kohl's again. I could have ordered boots from other sites but trusted Kohl's to provide the best service! WRONGGG!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered online and item needed to be returned. I went to the store in person to return this item for a credit. Very fast service, did not even need or show my C/C. All I needed was the packing slip. I was out the door in minutes. Received my credit super fast on my C/C.

Kohl's Company Information