3.50/5
Based on 2,539 ratings submitted in the last year

1634 Kohl's Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

This is not the first time I noted lack of customer service. Had to wait in line while clerks visited. Then was told, "Sorry can’t help you." Had brought back the entire package with the receipt. I asked if she could look it up. Said no. In the meantime someone came with Amazon return..sorry can’t take that one. I bet I heard her say sorry 6 times while I looked up my Order on the phone which I found no thanks to her. Just really seemed burnt out and didn’t care. Should practice FISH! Much easier shopping on amazon. No hoops to jump through..this coupon and that plus excellent customer service!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Googled Kohls.com, shopped, placed items in my cart, entered my address for delivery and billing information. Reviewed my order and everything looked good, so I placed my order. Their system connected my old forgotten account information and changed the delivery address & name to my daughter's name and old address (she lived there 8 years ago for 6 months). My package was delivered to a total stranger. Kohl's customer service said once the order is placed it's final. Pay for the package it was delivered and track the pack, which is in another state.. I never plan on shopping there again. Other stores have similar products with way better customer services.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased $175 of items. Paid for 1st $100 with a gift card and remainder on my credit card. When I return some items, rather than 1st apply return to my credit card as I expected, they prorated between credit card and store credit. I explained to the store manager that I never would have arranged the gift card from a rewards program at my office if I had known that was how they did it, and asked her to just process as if I was returning everything then recharge me for what I didn't return but she refused. Made me go home (way across the county) and actually get everything and come back before they would process that way, which they eventually did. They advertise as hassle free on returns, but NOT, and the return are always ridiculous at that store in Yonkers NY, too!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

It takes 3+ hours for them to process online orders and get back to you to inform you that what you just purchased is out of stock which they don't even tell you outright. They make you call in and go through quadruple verification to inform you of their incompetence. Good luck competing with Amazon.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I pay ALL my bills online. That's just what I do. I have absolutely NO problems with the 10-15 other websites I visit to pay bills from energy payments and water bills to mortgage and credit cards. EVERY single time I attempt to log into the KOHL's website to make a payment, it does not allow me to. I attempt to re-register my card number to no avail. I have absolutely NO doubt that it’s not just me as I've tried to log in using FireFox, Microsoft Edge, Google, etc. NONE of them work!! And if was just me, then why do none of the other companies I pay online give me this same grief?

I am believing that KOHL’S does this purposeful so that people cannot pay on time and they can charge late fees!!! This has not been a one-time occurrence. It's been every month for the last 2 years and I am just at my wits’ end with this site. It makes me want to cancel the entire credit card account! I would like the Better Business Bureau to investigate the many issues as I have read several other complaints as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I was making a return of one item that I purchased at the store in Roseville MN and I had purchased 3 items. Bras were posted buy one get 50% of another, only bought one. 42.00 I purchased a Tek activewear shirt again buy one get 50% off another, only bought one 8.00 is what I paid on my receipt. And one other shirt for 17.99 not on sale. Total 67.99. I go to return the Bra, which shows I paid 42.00 but the return amount was 36.21.

I look at my receipt and ask to speak to a manager. A gal that appeared to be just out of High School comes up and in a very condescending tone, says, "Yes, that is how the buy one works." I was like, I ONLY BOUGHT ONE BRA. If you look at my receipt the refund total for the Tek shirt was $13.79?? HUH, so if I had only returned the shirt, they would have given me more than I paid? I ended up getting my 50.00 refund and paying full price for the 16.00 Tek shirt. What kind of a scam is this? I was told it is a one for one. I was not able to buy any additional lingerie and get that at 50% off, in fact IT rang up at full price. I am done with KOHL'S and their "sales."

Also turns out the manager was actually the "store manager" SNOTTY SNOTTY not friendly not accomodating and this is NOT how they advertise these sales. ALL THE BRANDS are listed. All the BRAS, ALL THE TEK wear, it didn't say that ANY ITEM YOU BUY THAT IS IN THE BUY ONE 50% off sale would be included. Truly a false lead in my opinion.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Don't waste your time. You never know when prices will change, whether a coupon will be honored, they say up to 6 promos can be used, but that is a lie. You will spend hours online finding your products, trying to use your promos and Kohl's cash, then will be denied using them. You have literally 0 minutes to cancel an order. The site says I believe 15 to 30 minutes. That is also a lie. Don't waste your time or money here. Sizes of clothes and quality of items are also inconsistent. I'm no longer a customer, or a cardholder!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I placed an online order and realized I had never entered a shipping address. No big deal, I was able to call right away and figured they could cancel the order or correct the address. I spoke to the customer service agent 5 minutes after my order was placed. He informed me that it was already sent to processing and that nothing could be done. He told me I should contact the person at the house or go to the address to pick it up. I explained that I could not do this as I live in another state and do not know the people at the home. I requested a supervisor and they told me the same thing. I hung up very frustrated. I called back a few minutes later and spoke to someone else.

She apologized for the other agents response to me. She told me that she fixed the shipping address. I was then contacted by email explaining that they weren't able to cancel my full order but that they were able to cancel the $200 car seat I ordered. The next day I received an email saying the car seat had been shipped. This means that over $200 of merchandise is going to an address I'm unable to receive items at. I continued to email back to customer service and they blamed me for the error saying I entered the incorrect address and that I needed to call them sooner. It was an address that was a default one in my account as I used to live there and I realized right away that I had never entered the address I wanted to send it to. I literally called them the moment I placed the order, so 25 seconds after it was placed, I was dialing the customer service number.

So beware, once you submit the order, they are physically incapable of changing the address and you will be responsible for trying to get a hold of your stuff or hoping the person at the address is kind and honest and refuses the shipment. Otherwise, you will be paying money for something that you will never receive. I guess they are ok with basically stealing from you since their system is incapable of fixing an error even when immediately contacted. Don't give them your online business. I'll stick to Amazon which makes it easy to cancel an order right away. That $200 I'm paying for nothing will stick with me.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I almost always have nothing but trouble placing an order with Kohls.com! They send me emails offering me discounts and say they give you "Kohl's CASH" for your orders, but when you try to apply them, they NEVER work! Then you have to call in to the call center and hope that you get a helpful rep that can finish placing your order for you. Otherwise you just waste a ton of time and it is all for nothing. It is not worth the hassle. Save time and order elsewhere online since they try to lure you in with CASH BACK that never works and your reward for all the trouble is nothing but more headaches!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I can rate as low as bad, if I had a way. I have ordered kids clothes in clearance online in march but none of them were delivered. When I called customer care, they said address was wrong. How the address could be wrong, where as all the merchants were able to deliver correctly. When I called customer care for 4 times, these are my most worst experiences. They gave wrong assurances every time saying that I will get refund in 7 days. Do I have only this task to check whether I received refund to Kohl's card and call back them. This is really frustrating and decided not to shop with Kohl's and not to suggest anybody to shop with Kohl's.

Kohl's Company Information