Kmart

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Kmart return policy is 30 days. I bought something on 4/27. Found out on 5/27 they was the wrong shoes for my new job. Kmart are not on every corner like they use to be. It is 35 to 45 mins. away. So I decided to take them back on 5/29. They told me I was 2 days too late and it is nothing no one can do. I can understand I was a week late but 2 days really. I am a customer for Sears not so much Kmart. I ask if you are willing to lose my business for 67 dollars and your business is already having a hard time. So now I not only done with Kmart I am done with Sears. Customer service is everything.

Years ago Sears hawked the comical but hypocritical axiom "The customer is always right!" For the longest time I not knew Kmart was a SHC subsidiary and was the retailer closing all those stores. Their Return policy is actually cruel. Kohl's is a bright day to spiritless night's difference, and they will take your returns any time or reason. Anyhow, I can't verify other Kmarts' bleak & black but the one I've tripped into many times enough was notably decrepit, mainly morale and happy factor wise. They got the price wrong again, still no POI, not even the check we could read the screen! Then I was double scanned. There's gotta be a better system for getting through the price override stickers because so much time is wreaked.

The bad attitudes and catty are blaring there, employees on some temperamental interference. We noticed it. We also said "no thank you" to all these memberships but were still pressed. Gee, you know, Kmart has some stellar deals but siphons the good they could get out of their name tags at the saddest (over) work. There is the stiffest most unsmiling CS gal, the last petition (felt like such a reduced act) to get a financial transaction was enough to expel any person. Felt like I was some kind of a burden. No more Kmart! I don't want to support their titanic cause anymore!

I was denied a return because it had been more than 30 days. It had actually been 45 days. I had the receipt and the item still had the tags and the original packaging. It clearly could have been put right back on the shelf. The employee was quite rude and did not even offer me store credit. I am never heard of a retail store that is unwilling to listen to or work with the customer to satisfy them. This is very poor customer service.

Terrible checkout time. Waited over ten minutes in line for 2 items. Got to the register only to find they didn't ring up correctly. I left without buying anything. This is the only store in Johnson City that seems to not want your business as they make it too hard to buy anything.

I purchased these curtains at Kmart and as any other person I hung up my new curtains. When it was time to wash them, I followed the instructions for care and upon removing them from my washer the material completely fell apart! Very disappointed, I made an attempted to return this to Kmart with no success. I did not have the receipt because as I put up my perfect curtains I didnt expect the material to ruin in the wash. Kmart manager in the Farmingville NY store did not want to assist me at all. What do I do now? Spent 60+ $ and I have had no help. Not even offered a store credit. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED how I was treated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

I was mattress shopping and decided to go to Kmart. I stopped in two locations yesterday evening. The Constitution drive location and Fordham drive both are in Virginia Beach. The 1st location when I was in the electronics department asking about the mattress leasing. The clerk stated that they don't do leasing on mattress though they have little signs posted on the mattress that say layaway, lease or credit providing ways to purchase. Though I didn't bother to question him cause it seemed that he was more interested in fixing shelves than attending to customers needs. On my way out I did see a manager and asked her about the leasing. She stated pretty much the same thing that they don't offer leasing on mattresses.

So I decided to try location #2 though this time there was nobody in electronics department to talk to. The only sales clerk I saw was in shoes hanging signs. When I asked her a question, she abruptly answered with a what like I was disturbing her. So I left that department, grabbed the few items that I needed, and headed to check out.

I find it pretty shameful that with the economy being the way it is and with people needing jobs. Those few that I dealt with had no desire to do their jobs. I am extremely disappointed in the service I received. This is not Kmart that I have been doing business with for years. Along with the merchandising if you are going to offer lease agreement for certain products I suggest that you have better signage and to train associates on the programs at hand.

I purchased 4 items online for my grandson. Two did not fit. I followed THEIR directions for return and affixed THEIR return label on the package. I then paid 8.65 for postage to return the items. A few days later, the package was returned to me as undeliverable. I called several places. They had a very difficult time finding my order info AT ALL. Finally, after much effort, someone told me he would send me a return label and I would not be charged for the postage. The label never arrived. Finally, I decided to donate the items to charity rather than deal with this company with NO customer service. I did receive further communication in the form of email and phone call even though I made it clear I did not want anything further from them!!

My son received a winter coat for Christmas, which was too small. About a week after Christmas, I tried to exchange it for a larger size, and was told I could not do it without a receipt, even though ATTENTION is clearly a Kmart brand, and they had the larger jacket in stock. My sister-in-law finally located the receipt for me, and I tried again to exchange the coat, but, by now, the larger size was gone. This time, I was told they would not take back the coat, for exchange or store credit, because it was past the 30 day limit. Most stores extend that for holiday purchases, but Kmart. The coat was bought on 12/9/16, on a receipt totaling close to $400 in purchases. Is Kmart that close to being bankrupt that it can afford to piss off a customer dropping that kind of money in their store? I will make sure to tell everyone I know to NOT shop at Kmart or Sears, which also has this ridiculous 30-day return policy.

My wife bought a pair of boots but when we got home she found that she could not walk in them due to the boots heels being too high for her. We tried to return them, (with valid receipt) but we're informed they would not take them due to a thirty day return policy. (We were one day past the thirty day policy.) We understood that and inquired about a gift card? We were once again denied. We accept the rules of Kmart return policies but we're taken aback by the associate's disposition.

She was unprofessional and seemed to enjoy telling us that she could not return them. There was no acting management present and we really didn't want to make a big deal out of it so we continued shopping and went home afterwards. We decided just to give the boots to someone who can use them. I've been a Kmart shopper all my life, including working at a Kmart as young man. I always thought if Kmart offered customer service they would be a much more successful company.

Kmart Pharmacy has given excellent service to me and my family. Prescriptions are filled and waiting for me when promised. Even when they have to order the medication, the delay is minimal. The Pharmacists are very helpful, exceptionally knowledgeable, and very pleasant to interact with. My pharmacists at Kmart are the best. They call and let me know when it is about time to renew my meds.

Kmart has shown to be somewhat higher in price for most of our drugs, but for the convenience, the rewards points and extra dollars we get back, we've decided to stick w/ our local Kmart. The pharmacists are always willing to discuss issues w/ us and we've sort of become "friends" if you will. They are always available to answer my RX questions as well as general health info. I'm confident in their advice and knowledge. They are expedient, courteous and so generous w/ their info.

January 5th I purchased 2 Christmas tree storage bags for $8.99 each. Both artificial trees fit into one so I tried to return one. Elly, at the customer service was so rude and nasty you would think I was trying to steal her purse. "We don't take Christmas items back after Christmas," she snarled like a hateful old bag. I don't consider a storage bag purchased Jan 5th a Christmas item but fine... Had she have said, "Sorry, I can't take it back," and been halfway civil, it would have been forgotten about. It's the nasty attitude that will keep me away from the store. This store must really be hard up for help. I live a mile from Walmart so I don't care if this Kmart closes like most of the others.

First I just want to state that the communication between Sears and the third party delivery company they use is seriously lacking. Kmart/Sears, failed to communicate with the delivery company that I purchased premium delivery service that pays for the item to be brought up to my apartment and brought inside. The total delivery cost was nearly $230 and the futon was $299. Clearly I am going to have expectations when I am paying this much for delivery, basically that it will in fact happen. It did happen but after a week of phone calls, unwanted stress, feeling like I had to defend my purchase of delivery service and so on. At one point, the delivery company initiated a three-way call with Kmart/Sears to verify that I had in fact purchased the premium delivery service, evidently my insistence was not enough.

It was at that time that the Kmart representative made a long speech stating that I in fact did purchase the premium delivery service and I did not have the energy to interrupt her so she finished after about 3-4 minutes. All I could say in response was, "I know. I've been telling everyone this for the last hour and a half that we have been on the phone." The representative from the delivery company said that when Sears sends them the delivery information, they are supposed to indicate premium delivery and they did not indicate for my purchase. It was unbelievable to me that a large corporation would have this type of flawed communication system with a third party vendor especially when the charge is so great. An extra $100 to have it brought up to my apartment. I will let you draw your own conclusions. As for me, I will never purchase online from Kmart/Sears again in order to avoid the hassle and stress.

I did a lot of Christmas shopping at Kmart a couple days before Christmas. One of the bags containing 2 pair of pants were not included when the sales clerk handed me all my other bags. I did not know this until I opened the bags & went through the items to pack the presents. I came down with the Flu on Christmas day & was diagnosed with influenza A the next week when I got far worse & told to stay in the house and stay away from others as I was contagious by the doctor. I was extremely sick in bed for weeks. I called & explain this dilemma to the store & was told to bring the receipt into the store so I told them I would when I could when not as sick.

I went back to the store on Monday Jan 9th. The store manager did not care what I was told on the phone by the store or that I had a receipt, did not care I could point to who the sales clerk was who made the mistake. I found the same pairs of pants that were put back in store even though they were the only ones in that size when I bought them. This is maddening. I bought items & they would not let me have what I bought. It is criminal theft of service. Kmart on South 41st St. in Allentown Pa. Store manager simply does not care. I saw a customer before me without a receipt get cash back but I got no consideration. I will tell everyone who cares & never shop there again unless they straighten this out for me. Thank you.

I paid for the set online, which they said they had the item in stock. I have no item, no refund. I paid for it January 2, 2017 it's January 9, 2017 still no refund to my account. I talk to several at Kmart about the situation. I will never shop there again and would suggest no one else shop there either. I understand why they're going out of business. Next step calling BBB on Kmart.

Kmart has a hard and fast, un-movable 30-day return policy. However they have nerve of counting online purchases from the date of the order NOT the date it was received by the customer. I waited over a week for my delivery yet when I went to return it I was told it was the 32nd day. WHAT? I in fact was 5 days before their deadline considering when I had it in my possession. This was during the holiday shopping time frame. Most retailers extend the courtesy of a bit more time to return. Nope not Kmart. Ludacris.

I placed an order for 5 items in late November that were all listed in stock. My PayPal account was immediately charged for the entire amount. However, about an hour later I received an email saying that part of the order was OOS and they automatically readjusted which items I would be getting and the amount I would be charged, without my prior authorization. I decided to pickup the remaining items as I did want them even though they basically cancelled my original order made a completely new one without my consent. I contacted their customer service to confirm I would be getting a refund and they said I would get one within 7-10 days. 10 days later, no signs of a refund.

I called again and again they said 7-10 days. It's already over a month now and after half a dozen phone calls, all I keep hearing is it's processing and I'll get a refund within 7-10 days every single week. They won't even tell me the amount that is processing for refund, probably because the amount is zero. This is basically fraud. At this point the only way I would see getting any of my money back would be to hire a lawyer. This company is criminal and rest assured I will never purchase anything from Sears or Kmart ever again in my life.

Customer service is non existent these days. I went in Kmart.com and put a trampoline on layaway. I paid the layaway off 12/09/16. I come to the store to pick up my item and they can't find it. A huge trampoline is somehow lost! But the crazy part, they don't tell me they can't find it. I wait 45 minutes and no one says anything to me. I finally got tired of waiting and ask for my receipt back to pick it up later. Now someone wants to tell me they can't locate it. I left the store and called corporate. The "customer service" rep hangs up on me three times. I finally file my complaint and ask for a call from the district manager.

Well, here it is 12/16/16 and I have not received my call from the district manager. Come back to the store and guess what they claim they have the trampoline but I'm still waiting. Haven't seen it yet. Manager on duty has an attitude. So since the District manager doesn't want to call me, I'll take that number and call him. Yep, I'll take another thirty minutes out of my day just to go off. And you want to give me shop your way points... Why? This will definitely be my last purchase.

Tried to return a toy that was purchased for my nieces birthday. I decided on a different toy but when I tried to return it to the Kmart store the clerk said "you can't return this. It's been longer than 30 days." When I questioned her she only kept telling me it's store policy. I had a receipt and it was not opened. So I am stuck with a toy I have no use for. I see why Kmart is failing and they will be completely out of business with company policies like that. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT ANOTHER KMART AGAIN!

I order during Cyber Monday and it was stated that if you ordered from the Cyber items you would only have to spend $30.00 for free shipping. I did that between the two stores and my order came to over $45.00. I ended up paying over $60.00 as both stores charged shipping. Then the Sears package did not have an item in the box that I ordered. It was for $8.99. I called Sears and the woman said she would send it out but it would cost me another $5.00+ for shipping. I told her never mind, just cancel the items and return my money to my account. She said it would be about 3 to 5 days. I just got an email today and they said they are returning $6.34 instead of the $8.99 and that it would take 3 to 5 days. I lost over $20.00 on an order that was supposed to be a "Cyber Monday" sale. That is a lot of money. I WILL NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH KMART OR SEARS AGAIN.

Maybe it does not sound like a lot of money, but it is to me. I am retired and live on a fixed income. I AM VERY UPSET AND ANGRY THE WAY THEY SLEAZE THEIR WAY OF MAKING IT SOUND LIKE A SALE, but cost me even more than the regular price of the items were in the first place. I have always been a loyal customer but no more. I will take my business elsewhere and tell family and friends to do the same!!! I cannot submit a receipt as all I have is the print out with the prices. I did this transaction on the internet, but you do not get a receipt. It is however, on my bank account which I can mail to you. I do not want to send any information of that nature to you on the internet. Thank you.

I recently ordered several things via Kmart's site that came from both their warehouse Sears. I placed my order, and their system charged my order by the location it was coming from--making about 6 or 7 separate charges for the SAME order. Naturally, my bank SUSPENDED my account due to suspicious activity after they charged me five times. I had to call my bank twice and sit on customer service chat with three different Kmart reps for about two HOURS, and in the end all they could tell me was "try your order again in 24 hours" after trying to charge my card again about 10 times. No apology for this. No nothing.

I could have gone to buy groceries after placing my order and my debit card would have been declined because of this company's screw-up if my bank hadn't notified me of what happened. Customer service reps on chat obviously didn't speak English as even a passable second language. Will never shop with this lumbering corpse of a business anymore and for good reason.

I ordered stuff online on black Friday. They offered free shipping. Half of my items were shipped. The other half never left Kmart facility! Now they can't ship to store for pickup because it's been 8 days. Now they want to refund and start the process all over again, but what about the sale price? They also left the apartment number off the shipping label which means it needs to be picked up through UPS! Nothing about the dealings with this company has been pleasant and just know that when you order through the website, you are only MAYBE purchasing something since they don't guarantee that they will ship it out.

I purchased a ride on battery operated train for my son's birthday at Kmart.com. I knew I shouldn't have ordered from here because I have had many issues with past orders, but this was one of 2 stores selling this item. So next day I received the email showing it has shipped. Couple of days later I get a tiny box from Kmart. The shipping label is correct but inside is a Christmas decoration and not my son's gift. So I look at the packing list and it is someone else's order/receipt. I immediately call customer service and the rep wasn't even apologetic even after explaining my order is a gift. She could not explain where my item was and all I could do was be sent a return shipping label and be responsible for dropping it off at UPS. I was told that I can have a second train shipped but I needed to give them my credit card for a second charge.

Needless to say I refused. For my refund I have to wait for this other person's order to be returned and received to them and then I have to wait 5-7 days. I am now out almost $100 for the time being and my son will have a late birthday gift. Not to mention this other person will also not receive their order, which I received and had to return. And of course when I tried to give the rep the other person's order number so that they know this order was sent to the wrong address I was told that it wasn't necessary and really no reason to care about it.

I received a shirt that was missing a button, the type of shirt it is cannot be worn without looking goofy with a missing button. I called them and spoke with them on the phone and they would not correctly resolve the issue. They would not send me a non damaged item and when I asked if they could at least pick up the item for a return since I have no way to return it, they wanted to charge me $7 to return a shirt! In the past I have ordered from here all the time, but this experience has turned me so off. How could they send me a damaged item and not resolve the issue?!? STAY AWAY! I am NEVER shopping at Kmart/Sears again! They don't deserve the service!

I made an online order which contained big and small items so I opted for the 5 minute in vehicle service. I received an email stating my order was ready for pick up. I arrive at the store and they said the order is in, but no items were listed. I showed them my email itemized receipt. They wrote down the items and had a staff member look for my order in their "pick up" compartments. She barely looked through the items and went about her business again without communicating to anyone that she stopped looking for the items.

I spoke with another rep that I thought came to help me, but he just happened to be another employee aimlessly wandering around. He said he would help and I never saw him again. I pulled aside four other staff members at different times asking for help and nothing happened. They all pretended to work, but hid away somewhere without telling anyone that I was still there waiting for my order.

Half an hour in I got fed up and called the online customer service line to get my items shipped. The first rep tried to call the store, but no one was picking up the phone as I physically stood there and watched them ignore the ringing phone. I requested to speak to a manager from the online service and that case manager was no help either. She kept stating everything looked clear on her end. Sure it's clear for her, but it was also clear to me as I physically stood in the store with no help. She stated she needed to talk to anyone in the store to help resolve my issue, but I was told to stand in line again when I requested the customer service rep to speak with their fellow customer service rep on the phone. In store and online services failed me.

I had to pull the manager, Chantele, aside multiple times to remind her that the staff she delegated to had not brought up one single item. She eventually pulled the items herself and retrieved my information stating she would credit me through my rewards program for the inconvenience. She took down my order number, phone number, and name on a piece of paper, but stated she didn't need my reward membership. Clearly she was just using this excuse to clear my order because I have not seen any credit to my account. This is the Hayward, CA store. But I would avoid KMART in general along with their affiliate, SEARS, because not only did they fail in store, they failed online, and on the phone.

I order online Wrist Blood Pressure Meter on Nov 10. I was able to use $15.00 in reward points, so my purchase price was only $8.58. Pretty minimal compared to what I was buying. That was until I received notification that my order will be ready to pick up by Nov 21 at Sears Store close to my home. I was at Sears on the expecting delivery date but my surprise was that they do not have any item for me, also I was told that my order does not exist. I contacted customer service to be told that my order was delivered by UPS since Nov 15 at Sears Store. I went back to Sears with the print information from Kmart where state that the delivery was received by one of the employee, but I get the same response that they do not have any delivery.

I contacted customer services again. I requested refund of my money. I was told that in 3 to 5 days they will be refund my money. After waiting for 6 days I call back and ask for a supervisor. He send an email with my $15 dollars on rewards, I still waiting to get my refund on my credit card that I used to pay $8.58. I do not recommended to buy any thing on Kmart online. Is not a reliable and trustful store.

I purchased 3 items online (newsboy hat and two pair of boots) for a bargain price of $18.77. I was able to use $15.00 is reward points, so my purchase price was pretty minimal compared to what I was buying. That was until I received notification that the hat was out of stock. However, when I received notification that my boots were ready to pick-up the price I was paying was the same amount-$18.77. What happened to the hat charge that should of been taken off? I contacted customer service to be told the hat was out of stock and my debit card had been charged the full amount.

Okay, I already know this since I received more than one email giving me the breakdown. When I asked why I was being charged the same amount, all I was told is that was the amount of my order. No, that was the amount with the hat and that item was not in stock. I guess they don't allow their representatives to think outside the box and actually give customer service, so that was a lost cause. I'm in the process of cancelling my order, and I told Kmart they were stealing money out of my account because the amount they took was for all the items I purchased.

Purchased a set of glasses at local K-Mart store. Shortly thereafter my wife had to be admitted to the hospital and I had no time to check the glasses. Upon her release, I looked at the glasses and discovered they were defective (sharp edges and malformed shapes). Brought the glasses back to K-Mart the next day and was told I was one day too late to return them. Explained the situation and they would do nothing. Called K-Mart corporate "customer solution department" and they also told me tough luck. Will never, ever shop at a K-Mart store again They treat their customers like trash.

Previously when I bought clothing online fulfilled by Sears, I could return to the Kmart store in a nearing town. Mind you. I went twice to try and return 2 items and could not even with the order number. I like some of the clothing but to make 2 trips 30 miles or so away and to be told no return except in a Sears store (even further) I will not be ordering Sears online and probably will not patronize that store anymore. Highly disappointed in Kmart/Sears.

I've purchased several items from bedding to clothing and rugs at Kmart. Every item has an awful perfume smell that is sickening and hard to wash out. Most people don't know that perfumes whether it be in detergent or lotion or whatever, is made from toxic chemicals. Some people react to these toxins more heavily than others and I happen to be one of those people. I won't shop where toxins are in every department and in every item.

Kmart Company Profile