3.23/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kmart

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

1009 Kmart Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I live in Marathon Fl and the only big store to shop for clothing, toys and other items in our local KMART STORE. Store: 9224 5561 OVERSEAS HWY MARATHON, FL . 33050 (305)743-9434. Not only can you not find store associates to help you, about 75% of the merchandise is not properly marked or it does not have a price at all. Their clearance items do not have the correct prices and they do not have scanners around the stores in order to check the prices ourselves. I saw two associates on the floor and I asked if they had a hand held scanner and they replied they did not. One of the associates even said that the scanners that were on the floor for the customers to use that the reason they do not have one is because the customers broke them. I am so disappointed and disgusted by this local store. I honestly hope they close this store and open any other store with oriented toward the paying customers.

Original review: July 9, 2019

MAKE SURE YOU CALL THE STORE FIRST TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT IS INDEED THERE BEFORE ORDERING ONLINE!!!! I had the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER... Purchase a Spiderman black suit 6” Spiderman figure for my 7 year old son for pick up at the Bruckner Blvd Store in the Bronx. I never receive an email that day telling me my order was ready for pick up, my mother works in the area so I ask her to go check in to see what the issue was and why there was no communication about my item. The service desk told her the product is not in the store EVEN THOUGH IT SAID “IN STOCK” online. I called Kmart later that day requesting a refund. Of course they gave me the runaround, called back a day or two later to an associate telling me I have to cancel the order through My Go...something department. I spoke with a girl which she pulled my information up and said she will give it to the department and they will call me. B.S.

Almost a week pass and still no one contact me. I call the store again and a girl told me the system was down so she was unable to look up my information and to “call back tomorrow.” REALLY SIS??? I’m no fool. I called later that day and finally spoke with My Go...department. The girl cancel my order and said I will receive an email and a refund in 3-5 business day. I got the email but NO REFUND. It’s sad because I thought things were finally coming through not to mention how excited my son was to have this toy.

It’s now week 2 and I call the store ONCE AGAIN. The girl check and says she see my order was successfully cancel and she sorry but I will have to call Kmart customer service to find out why my money hasn’t been sent to my card, I call customer service and spoke with a woman who English sucks. All I heard was, "Check your card in 42-72 hours" for my refund. Why?? It’s been 2 weeks. IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW. IT’S BEEN A WEEK SINCE I SPOKE TO HER AND STILL NO REFUND. I will never order from Kmart again. I had to explain to my son why the store didn’t have his toy and thank god Amazon had it, for $5 more it was well worth it. My Son is happy and that’s all that matters but I will take action against Kmart for this!!! Please don’t bother ordering from Kmart whatever you need. I’m highly sure you can find it on Amazon.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I placed an order and accidentally hit the wrong delivery address. I spent more than 12 hours back and forth trying to get these idiots to understand I don't live there. I literally waited 76 minutes on the phone waiting for someone to pick up... which did me no good. She couldn't understand ENGLISH. I asked for a supervisor. Waited another 38 minutes only to hear... "I'm sorry she's not available." So I guess I paid 80.00 on a shipment I'll never get. I tried calling UPS but they said only the store can change the address. Yeah ok!!! The store said "No I'm sorry. We can't!!" I will NEVER order, buy, or go to Sears or Kmart again!!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Ordered a bedding set that was supposed to arrive 6 days after ordering. It never came and I waited on hold for a long time whenever I tried to call to check on the order status. Today I decided to try the place a new order option. Of course I was directly connected to a representative that ultimately gave me a refund. He tried blaming UPS although tracking stated that it was never dropped off to UPS in the first place. Shady business!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I live in Brooklyn and so I have to travel through Staten Island then into New Jersey to shop at the last Kmart in the area. It is important to note first bridge is 19 dollars second is 18 dollars. I go there to buy all the things I need as a single man. To find someone to assist is nearly impossible. When checking out there is one person at customer service and one lane open and I still return often but their return policy is for the birds. I was a few days past the return time. But I had a receipt and the items were new and sealed. So I asked for store credit and then was surprised to hear they can only do exchanges. I asked for manager. This took over 45 minutes as they were in the break room and could not be reached for a while.

So I was told again only exchange. I explained I was buying 12 items and it would cost me 5x more than the store credit I was requesting. I know they can use the business. I was told there is nothing they can do so I left. Did not buy anything and I will never return. I also tell people to avoid this company. I think it should close down and it is their own fault. I was more loyal than most. I am 55 year old man and I traveled, paid tolls and gas, only to be mistreated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: April 27, 2019

I ordered two sets of gray curtains and when they arrived the curtains were tan with flowers. I tried calling customer service but after an hour on hold I hung up. Absolutely awful customer service! I will never shop online or in the store again!

Original review: April 20, 2019

(Clearly Online it said that they do have it in store pick up only, no deliveries) FRIGIDAIRE FFRA0522R1 A/C with remote control for $129. At Store #420 Kmart Of Bruckner Blvd Bx NY.10473 I arrive the same day for pick up in store. Spoke to the manager. She said to order it online and that they don’t have it. I asked her why they do this and that it’s a waste of time having this online. She replied, "I don’t know". I placed the order online, the following day I received a confirmation email saying that item has arrived for pick up.

I arrived happy and again the bomb “boom” nothing. I spoke to manager again and she told me she couldn’t do nothing and that the only thing she could do for me is to take a manual A/C they had for the one I paid online for. She tells me again, "You could either take this manual A/C or get your money back. We don’t have it." What a waste of time. No wonder they going out of business after so many years buying off from Kmart wow. Bad experience and the main thing (False Advertising) of appliances.

Original review: April 1, 2019

On 3/31/2019 I was shopping for dog food and while browsing I found a box filled with RAWHIDE EXPRESS 105201 Large Rawhide Baguette Beef Filled for Pets, 8-Inch bones. The tags on them say best used by 2017. That is almost 2 years expired. Now I’m no professional but I’m sure that it can’t be healthy or good for any dog or anyone to consume food that is out of date by 2 years.

This is not the first time I’ve found expired dog food at this Kmart. A few month ago I found a bunch and complained to have the manager tell me he would fix the issue but clearly the issue has not been fixed. When I brought this to a employees attention I was treated badly as the associate Jacob responded with, "I’m only 17. I can’t do anything about that" and walked away from me. Then another associate said, "We don’t own this store" and walked away. I asked for a manager but was told they are busy with an employee who just had a seizure and I was shunned away. As clearly no one there cares if they sell expired food products that can potentially harm or kill a innocent animal.

About 30 mins later I called and spoke to a manager who clearly did not care and sounded like she was laughing at what I had to say as she said she was gonna go check the food there and said the reason I found that is because they are short staffed but I saw 6 employees doing nothing up at the registers.. The lack of customer service here on top of expired food is unacceptable. I didn’t even get a apology. I was blown off. I picked up the box and put it behind two double doors right by pet department. Hopefully someone will not put it back out.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I had placed an order through WhyNotLeaseIt. I got most of my items. I did not get my tv. Said that it would be here February 20th and here 8 days later they switched the shipper and they sent me the wrong tracking number. Was on the phone with them and they couldn’t give me any information. I am very unhappy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Non existent staff. One register only even when 10 people are in line. Part of the store was closed off, cramping the rest. Filthy restrooms next to food area. Mis-tagged items. Paid $45 for two shirts that were tagged $12 each. Even online Kmart advertised those same shirts at $17 each. But I was too busy to return and I purchased items for a job event the next morning so I was stuck. Shouldn't have to scan my receipt for errors before leaving the store. This place is a joke. Needs to close already.

Kmart Company Information