Kmart

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Kenmore fan on 5/31/17. I didn't open it to assembly until 7/8/17. There were parts missing so I got my receipt to check out the return policy... 30 days. I called the store to see if I could possibly still return/exchange the fan since it was only a week over 30 days. No way.... they said... 30 days is it. And they seemed to say it in delight and offered no other solution for the missing parts. Just told me there was nothing they could do.

They didn't even refer me to Sears. Well I guess they didn't do that since mostly all of Sears stores are closing. Pretty much like they will probably be closing too. By the way, the person who answered the telephone just said Hello. I thought I had dialed a residence since she didn't say K-Mart. Anyway, the 30 day return policy is pretty bad. It should be longer like most other stores and it should include the option to get a store credit. I would have gladly taken a store credit. The K-Mart store is located at 95th and Pulaski Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453.

I'm writing this review because I read the other ones on here and some just don't make any sense. If you know there's a 30 day policy on returns then yes after 31 days they do not accept it. If you know that is the policy why would they bend the rules for you if it's not a part of the policy? I understand the whole customer satisfaction but some of the reviews are just common sense answers and I ask a customer even agree with them on not accepting it after 30 days. IT'S ON THE RECEIPT PEOPLE. Not a hard concept at all. Stop trying to get things done in your favor. If they bend the rules for you then they have to bend the rules for everyone else and that just defeats the whole purpose of having a policy then. Yes I have had a few bad experiences but I got them resolved.

I also saw another review about a customer buying pretzel bites with holes in them and a picture attached with the whole top of the wrapper missing. It's very obvious that anyone with common sense would see that the bag was torn before the purchase was made and see holes in the bag and that the pretzel pieces would have fallen out. That was just ridiculous. Whoever wrote that review wrote a lot of nonsense. There was nothing wrong with the way the supervisor responded either if he asked you if you would like to return it. Yes it's 99 cents but what else is he suppose to do. Offer more than you paid for? He also thanked you for making him aware of the situation and that still wasn't good enough.

Some of you are just ungrateful and want everything done by you. I've worked in retail and I understand their point of view and I am also a customer so I understand both sides. If you all had a store with policies, you wouldn't want anyone bending rules and trying to get any and everything for nothing. Right is right and some of you are just never satisfied with anything. That is all.

I purchase my wedding rings with the Bellflower Kmart store. When receiving them on Wednesday evening after returning home, the rings were the wrong rings. I order the gold rings and they send me some cheap silver rings. I had no choice but to use the silver rings because the next day was my wedding. I am so upset. I can not wear silver. They make me itch. When calling the store they told me I had to have everything that came in the package, and my husband took the tag off the ring when placing it on my finger. Never will I order again. But I did get points from the rings so I have to use them. Then I am finished with Kmart. Going back to Walmart.

Today I tried to return 2 ladies shirts to the Kmart in West Orange, NJ. There was only one worker at "Customer Service" and I had to wait 1/2 hour for my turn. Finally, I attempted to return the shirts and they would NOT allow me to do it because they said it was 31 days past the purchase, and the limit was 30 days. I had the receipt and everything was in order, but they refused to take the shirts back. I explained that a family member had been in the hospital and I could not get to the store. So... the shirts ended up back home again and I will NEVER EVER go to Kmart or Sears again. They do not even deserve one star.

I shopped on 06/16/17 at 10:29 AM at store number 9528 at which time I purchased curtains. I needed more curtains for my windows because I didn't buy enough. I called to find out if they had more curtains in the store so I could go and get them. The Kmart representative put me on hold and went and looked for more curtains. She came back and said am I sure I bought them there because they don't sell that brand at Kmart. I said I am sure. She then put me on hold again and went to look again. She came back in about fifteen minutes and told me the same thing. At that time I told her I was online looking at the curtains that I bought at Kmart that they said they didn't sell. Unfortunately it was the same brand different model. I asked her if she could go to her computer and look at what I was looking at in the hope of resolving my problem so I could finish with my windows. She said, "I have to help a cashier" and she would be right there.

I waited and waited and waited then all of the sudden my phone gets disconnected. I called back, someone else answered phone and acted like she didn't know anything about situation. I said whatever I find that hard to believe. I am on my way to give back my curtains that I bought at Kmart that they have no record of with receipt in hand. I will never shop in the Kingman, Arizona Kmart again. I also hope no customer is ever treated this way again. Thank You for letting me share my bad experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Apparently, Kmart's return policy is 30 days. I tried to return something 31 days after purchase and was denied. I had my receipt and item was unused and not damaged. I live 30 minutes away from Kmart so I am not always nearby to shop. I can understand not giving cash back but not be given at least a store credit is unacceptable service. If I was given my refund I would have proceeded to shop in the store and would have spent way more than my $17 return! I will happily shop at Target or any of the other hundreds of store I can choose from. I will be taking my business elsewhere. In this competitive market Kmart needs to reevaluate their policies!! Absolute worst customer service experience!!!

Too long to explain here but do not waste your time and money buying at Kmart.com. We purchase a nice patio set table and chairs. My husband spent 8 hours putting it together to find out 3 weeks later that was rusting already. They have lied to us that will pick up, making me wait for hours in the phone lying that are "processing the return." They made me wait and wait until made me hang up. They use foreign companies to process the purchase and returns so they are the worse and they do not care at all. Please, please buy somewhere else. Here are items we purchased and are junk: Marion 6 Dining Chairs in Brown. Marion Dining Table 028W008835395001. Marion 6 Dining Chairs in Brown ITEM NUMBER 028W007566323001.

Bought a boat trailer wiring adapter. Was a month, or so, before I actually got around to taking my boat out, and using the adapter. Had problems with my trailer lights right off but was unsure what the problem was. A couple of weeks later, I checked them out and found the adapter defective. I took it back, with my receipt and was told... "SORRY, it's past the return date. They basically just told me I was stuck with it... with NO refund, NO store card... NO nothing, except "we are sorry... corporate policy". I talked to supervisors, the store manager and the customer service number they gave me to call. All with no resolve!

Needless to say, Kmart nor Sears will ever get another dime out of me. I hope you all will consider cutting them off, as well! They are hurting financially and have been for a long while... They need to just close their doors if they can't afford to conduct business in a respectable manner! Worst experience ever with a big box store retailer! Very disappointed that Kmart and Sears has come to this!

Store: 7749 250 WEST 34TH ST. 1 - I bought some 3 bags of pretzel bites and when I got to the train I noticed the bag I opened had a huge holes and when I looked at the other bags they also had holes. Called the store because I shop all the time and they told me I can return it. Hello why would I do that for 99 cent. The manager then asked, "So what can I do to help you". I said, "For starters check your inventory" and her response was, "Thank you for letting me know".

On 4-29-17 I bought a King Bed Comforter 7 piece set for $87.99 and many other items totaling $299.79. I have had the Comforter on my bed for 3 weeks. I noticed yesterday 6-7-17 the seals are tearing apart. I live alone so the item is not in a high traffic home. Today 6-9-17 I took it back to Kmart and was told since I did not have the original package and 30 days is all the warranty it for expired. The clerk was rude and said that's their policy, I was not informed of their policy until they got my cash. Kmart have you ever heard of Due Process. I will never purchase another item from Kmart, Sears, or any company associated with them. I am glad you're going belly up.

I will pursue my claim in court since I am disabled and have some legal training. Hey, I am indigent and can file for free. So guess what, win or lose I will win and cost you at least 10 times the funds you screwed me out of. So BEWARE GENERAL PUBLIC IF YOU BUY FROM KMART, SEARS, OR ANY OTHER OF THEIR COMPANIES. THE STUFF IS JUNK!

On 4/21/2017 my wife placed an online order of bar-b-que grill as a surprise gift for my birthday (4/29/2017). She paid for assembly of the grill at delivery at the time of purchase. On 5/8/2017, an attempt was made to deliver the grill un-assembled. The delivery driver told me "It will take too long to put it together". I told him my wife paid to have the grill assembled at delivery. He responded, "I asked my supervisor if the grill needed assembly before delivery, he said no". I asked the driver when could the grill be assembled and delivered? He told me, "Tomorrow". The grill never left the back of the delivery truck. It was as close as we got to receive our order.

Since that day we have called every number, talked to several people, sent numerous emails, left VM with Kmart in an effort to ascertain information of the status of our grill to no avail. On 5/18/2017, we received an email informing us the grill would be delivered on 5/19/2017. My wife and I waited all day for the delivery of the grill. It never came. Once again, we made phone calls and sent emails with no resolution to our problem to date.

Kmart return policy is 30 days. I bought something on 4/27. Found out on 5/27 they was the wrong shoes for my new job. Kmart are not on every corner like they use to be. It is 35 to 45 mins. away. So I decided to take them back on 5/29. They told me I was 2 days too late and it is nothing no one can do. I can understand I was a week late but 2 days really. I am a customer for Sears not so much Kmart. I ask if you are willing to lose my business for 67 dollars and your business is already having a hard time. So now I not only done with Kmart I am done with Sears. Customer service is everything.

Years ago Sears hawked the comical but hypocritical axiom "The customer is always right!" For the longest time I not knew Kmart was a SHC subsidiary and was the retailer closing all those stores. Their Return policy is actually cruel. Kohl's is a bright day to spiritless night's difference, and they will take your returns any time or reason. Anyhow, I can't verify other Kmarts' bleak & black but the one I've tripped into many times enough was notably decrepit, mainly morale and happy factor wise. They got the price wrong again, still no POI, not even the check we could read the screen! Then I was double scanned. There's gotta be a better system for getting through the price override stickers because so much time is wreaked.

The bad attitudes and catty are blaring there, employees on some temperamental interference. We noticed it. We also said "no thank you" to all these memberships but were still pressed. Gee, you know, Kmart has some stellar deals but siphons the good they could get out of their name tags at the saddest (over) work. There is the stiffest most unsmiling CS gal, the last petition (felt like such a reduced act) to get a financial transaction was enough to expel any person. Felt like I was some kind of a burden. No more Kmart! I don't want to support their titanic cause anymore!

I was denied a return because it had been more than 30 days. It had actually been 45 days. I had the receipt and the item still had the tags and the original packaging. It clearly could have been put right back on the shelf. The employee was quite rude and did not even offer me store credit. I am never heard of a retail store that is unwilling to listen to or work with the customer to satisfy them. This is very poor customer service.

Terrible checkout time. Waited over ten minutes in line for 2 items. Got to the register only to find they didn't ring up correctly. I left without buying anything. This is the only store in Johnson City that seems to not want your business as they make it too hard to buy anything.

I purchased these curtains at Kmart and as any other person I hung up my new curtains. When it was time to wash them, I followed the instructions for care and upon removing them from my washer the material completely fell apart! Very disappointed, I made an attempted to return this to Kmart with no success. I did not have the receipt because as I put up my perfect curtains I didnt expect the material to ruin in the wash. Kmart manager in the Farmingville NY store did not want to assist me at all. What do I do now? Spent 60+ $ and I have had no help. Not even offered a store credit. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED how I was treated.

I was mattress shopping and decided to go to Kmart. I stopped in two locations yesterday evening. The Constitution drive location and Fordham drive both are in Virginia Beach. The 1st location when I was in the electronics department asking about the mattress leasing. The clerk stated that they don't do leasing on mattress though they have little signs posted on the mattress that say layaway, lease or credit providing ways to purchase. Though I didn't bother to question him cause it seemed that he was more interested in fixing shelves than attending to customers needs. On my way out I did see a manager and asked her about the leasing. She stated pretty much the same thing that they don't offer leasing on mattresses.

So I decided to try location #2 though this time there was nobody in electronics department to talk to. The only sales clerk I saw was in shoes hanging signs. When I asked her a question, she abruptly answered with a what like I was disturbing her. So I left that department, grabbed the few items that I needed, and headed to check out.

I find it pretty shameful that with the economy being the way it is and with people needing jobs. Those few that I dealt with had no desire to do their jobs. I am extremely disappointed in the service I received. This is not Kmart that I have been doing business with for years. Along with the merchandising if you are going to offer lease agreement for certain products I suggest that you have better signage and to train associates on the programs at hand.

I purchased 4 items online for my grandson. Two did not fit. I followed THEIR directions for return and affixed THEIR return label on the package. I then paid 8.65 for postage to return the items. A few days later, the package was returned to me as undeliverable. I called several places. They had a very difficult time finding my order info AT ALL. Finally, after much effort, someone told me he would send me a return label and I would not be charged for the postage. The label never arrived. Finally, I decided to donate the items to charity rather than deal with this company with NO customer service. I did receive further communication in the form of email and phone call even though I made it clear I did not want anything further from them!!

My son received a winter coat for Christmas, which was too small. About a week after Christmas, I tried to exchange it for a larger size, and was told I could not do it without a receipt, even though ATTENTION is clearly a Kmart brand, and they had the larger jacket in stock. My sister-in-law finally located the receipt for me, and I tried again to exchange the coat, but, by now, the larger size was gone. This time, I was told they would not take back the coat, for exchange or store credit, because it was past the 30 day limit. Most stores extend that for holiday purchases, but Kmart. The coat was bought on 12/9/16, on a receipt totaling close to $400 in purchases. Is Kmart that close to being bankrupt that it can afford to piss off a customer dropping that kind of money in their store? I will make sure to tell everyone I know to NOT shop at Kmart or Sears, which also has this ridiculous 30-day return policy.

My wife bought a pair of boots but when we got home she found that she could not walk in them due to the boots heels being too high for her. We tried to return them, (with valid receipt) but we're informed they would not take them due to a thirty day return policy. (We were one day past the thirty day policy.) We understood that and inquired about a gift card? We were once again denied. We accept the rules of Kmart return policies but we're taken aback by the associate's disposition.

She was unprofessional and seemed to enjoy telling us that she could not return them. There was no acting management present and we really didn't want to make a big deal out of it so we continued shopping and went home afterwards. We decided just to give the boots to someone who can use them. I've been a Kmart shopper all my life, including working at a Kmart as young man. I always thought if Kmart offered customer service they would be a much more successful company.

Kmart Pharmacy has given excellent service to me and my family. Prescriptions are filled and waiting for me when promised. Even when they have to order the medication, the delay is minimal. The Pharmacists are very helpful, exceptionally knowledgeable, and very pleasant to interact with. My pharmacists at Kmart are the best. They call and let me know when it is about time to renew my meds.

Kmart has shown to be somewhat higher in price for most of our drugs, but for the convenience, the rewards points and extra dollars we get back, we've decided to stick w/ our local Kmart. The pharmacists are always willing to discuss issues w/ us and we've sort of become "friends" if you will. They are always available to answer my RX questions as well as general health info. I'm confident in their advice and knowledge. They are expedient, courteous and so generous w/ their info.

January 5th I purchased 2 Christmas tree storage bags for $8.99 each. Both artificial trees fit into one so I tried to return one. Elly, at the customer service was so rude and nasty you would think I was trying to steal her purse. "We don't take Christmas items back after Christmas," she snarled like a hateful old bag. I don't consider a storage bag purchased Jan 5th a Christmas item but fine... Had she have said, "Sorry, I can't take it back," and been halfway civil, it would have been forgotten about. It's the nasty attitude that will keep me away from the store. This store must really be hard up for help. I live a mile from Walmart so I don't care if this Kmart closes like most of the others.

First I just want to state that the communication between Sears and the third party delivery company they use is seriously lacking. Kmart/Sears, failed to communicate with the delivery company that I purchased premium delivery service that pays for the item to be brought up to my apartment and brought inside. The total delivery cost was nearly $230 and the futon was $299. Clearly I am going to have expectations when I am paying this much for delivery, basically that it will in fact happen. It did happen but after a week of phone calls, unwanted stress, feeling like I had to defend my purchase of delivery service and so on. At one point, the delivery company initiated a three-way call with Kmart/Sears to verify that I had in fact purchased the premium delivery service, evidently my insistence was not enough.

It was at that time that the Kmart representative made a long speech stating that I in fact did purchase the premium delivery service and I did not have the energy to interrupt her so she finished after about 3-4 minutes. All I could say in response was, "I know. I've been telling everyone this for the last hour and a half that we have been on the phone." The representative from the delivery company said that when Sears sends them the delivery information, they are supposed to indicate premium delivery and they did not indicate for my purchase. It was unbelievable to me that a large corporation would have this type of flawed communication system with a third party vendor especially when the charge is so great. An extra $100 to have it brought up to my apartment. I will let you draw your own conclusions. As for me, I will never purchase online from Kmart/Sears again in order to avoid the hassle and stress.

I did a lot of Christmas shopping at Kmart a couple days before Christmas. One of the bags containing 2 pair of pants were not included when the sales clerk handed me all my other bags. I did not know this until I opened the bags & went through the items to pack the presents. I came down with the Flu on Christmas day & was diagnosed with influenza A the next week when I got far worse & told to stay in the house and stay away from others as I was contagious by the doctor. I was extremely sick in bed for weeks. I called & explain this dilemma to the store & was told to bring the receipt into the store so I told them I would when I could when not as sick.

I went back to the store on Monday Jan 9th. The store manager did not care what I was told on the phone by the store or that I had a receipt, did not care I could point to who the sales clerk was who made the mistake. I found the same pairs of pants that were put back in store even though they were the only ones in that size when I bought them. This is maddening. I bought items & they would not let me have what I bought. It is criminal theft of service. Kmart on South 41st St. in Allentown Pa. Store manager simply does not care. I saw a customer before me without a receipt get cash back but I got no consideration. I will tell everyone who cares & never shop there again unless they straighten this out for me. Thank you.

I paid for the set online, which they said they had the item in stock. I have no item, no refund. I paid for it January 2, 2017 it's January 9, 2017 still no refund to my account. I talk to several at Kmart about the situation. I will never shop there again and would suggest no one else shop there either. I understand why they're going out of business. Next step calling BBB on Kmart.

Kmart has a hard and fast, un-movable 30-day return policy. However they have nerve of counting online purchases from the date of the order NOT the date it was received by the customer. I waited over a week for my delivery yet when I went to return it I was told it was the 32nd day. WHAT? I in fact was 5 days before their deadline considering when I had it in my possession. This was during the holiday shopping time frame. Most retailers extend the courtesy of a bit more time to return. Nope not Kmart. Ludacris.

I placed an order for 5 items in late November that were all listed in stock. My PayPal account was immediately charged for the entire amount. However, about an hour later I received an email saying that part of the order was OOS and they automatically readjusted which items I would be getting and the amount I would be charged, without my prior authorization. I decided to pickup the remaining items as I did want them even though they basically cancelled my original order made a completely new one without my consent. I contacted their customer service to confirm I would be getting a refund and they said I would get one within 7-10 days. 10 days later, no signs of a refund.

I called again and again they said 7-10 days. It's already over a month now and after half a dozen phone calls, all I keep hearing is it's processing and I'll get a refund within 7-10 days every single week. They won't even tell me the amount that is processing for refund, probably because the amount is zero. This is basically fraud. At this point the only way I would see getting any of my money back would be to hire a lawyer. This company is criminal and rest assured I will never purchase anything from Sears or Kmart ever again in my life.

Customer service is non existent these days. I went in Kmart.com and put a trampoline on layaway. I paid the layaway off 12/09/16. I come to the store to pick up my item and they can't find it. A huge trampoline is somehow lost! But the crazy part, they don't tell me they can't find it. I wait 45 minutes and no one says anything to me. I finally got tired of waiting and ask for my receipt back to pick it up later. Now someone wants to tell me they can't locate it. I left the store and called corporate. The "customer service" rep hangs up on me three times. I finally file my complaint and ask for a call from the district manager.

Well, here it is 12/16/16 and I have not received my call from the district manager. Come back to the store and guess what they claim they have the trampoline but I'm still waiting. Haven't seen it yet. Manager on duty has an attitude. So since the District manager doesn't want to call me, I'll take that number and call him. Yep, I'll take another thirty minutes out of my day just to go off. And you want to give me shop your way points... Why? This will definitely be my last purchase.

Tried to return a toy that was purchased for my nieces birthday. I decided on a different toy but when I tried to return it to the Kmart store the clerk said "you can't return this. It's been longer than 30 days." When I questioned her she only kept telling me it's store policy. I had a receipt and it was not opened. So I am stuck with a toy I have no use for. I see why Kmart is failing and they will be completely out of business with company policies like that. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT ANOTHER KMART AGAIN!

Kmart Company Profile