1.14/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Kmart

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 21, 2018

974 Kmart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I purchased a ceiling fan in 2017 and bulbs was not included, which I thought wouldn't be a problem and purchase bulbs from Home Depot, didn't match. I contacted Kmart store on 440 JC. The store manager is worst than the staff worker, he told me bulbs come with every ceiling fan, I told him, "Don't make a fool of yourself until you read box." He told me I had to order online and I called online and was told they will ship to store no charge. I still didn't receive the bulbs yet. I spoke with a manager in store 3459 and he said it not his problem. What do these people say time of interview? Unbelievable and I still don't have my bulbs and waiting for corporate to resolve this issue.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

2 pairs of discounted PJ' purchased through Kmart online. Online hell!!! -- Including bait and switch --- price changes, error messages. After 20 hours of trying to deal with the online operation and getting to the end of the process -- the product for stated price is not available!!! Phone support lead to more HELL! Finally manager apologizes and gives a credit BUT 2 days later -- no credit is given! Again phone support. Supervisor, manager and waiting for hours. Phone support for .com hangups after long waits. -- Finally get manager -- manager further credits my account and more apologies. Afterwards the email received says that the CREDITS ARE ONLY FOR CANCELATION!!! BUT I NEVER CANCELED ITEM!!!

Yesterday I was able to track the item and it stated that the item had the incorrect address -- but the online phone support stated the address correctly!!! Today I can not even track the item??! IS THIS RETALIATION for calling them out for under the wire fraud or at least abuse and negligence and bad corporate behavior OR errors upon errors upon errors and exploitation of outsourced workers? You tell me. I'm still waiting for my PJ'S for my mother who needs them for health reasons. I never canceled the item -- and I was supposed to be given 2 credits in addition to the original discount. This is a worse case series of corporate machinations and bully tactics -- burning consumer time is an abusive tactic against complaints. Please someone investigate and beware of stumbling into their endless hole of unethical and dysfunctional corporate bad behavior. Slap the machine or fix the machine!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered from Kmart.com from the telephone, since I did not have access to a computer at the moment. The item I ordered was $134.99 for a 420 Piece Mechanics tool set. The representative Tyler, then proceeded to order it from Sears.com where it is $229.99. Almost $100 difference! I did not notice until I got back to my computer. I called back and asked to speak to a manager. The person said I could not speak to a manager, they can change the price after the order, when charging your CC, because they are must be updating the price.

I had the option to cancel the order, or accept it. TO THIS DAY, 4 DAYS LATER IT IS THE SAME PRICE! I did not even order from Sears.com, I called the Kmart.com number! They won't even honor the Sears.com price guarantee, nor the Sears.com Price Match! I called back yet again, and the only option they gave me was to not accept the order!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I went to exchange pajamas for a bigger size. They wouldn't let me without a receipt. Gone hung up on 3 times try to call. Corporate office gives you like 20 sale pitches. Then chatted to say I was SOL. Like I ever want to business there again. Kmart you're dying, and this kind of customer service, you will surely sink!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

This is an issue that I have with both Kmart and Sears, so I'll be sure to share my frustration on both pages. My problem is not unique--Sears/Kmart messed up my order, took forever to resolve the issue, which then was ALSO messed up, which ultimately resulted in a second round of phone calls, emails, and complaints. The story is essentially this: I spent about $130 on several pieces of clothing that were to be given as gifts on Friday, December 15th. I ordered everything on November 20th, so that was PLENTY of time to receive everything, get them packed, etc. Well, because I had ordered so many things, they were shipped from various warehouses and came in 6 different shipments... which is totally fine! As long as everything got here, I didn't care in what order they arrived at my house.

Well, on the 7th of December, my last parcel arrived... but there were TWO huge errors. One of the skirts was the absolute wrong color, and the other one... wasn't there. They literally just neglected to put one of my skirts in the shipment, even though there was a checklist enclosed. I'm not sure what moron could make this sort of mistake, but whatever. Not a huge deal, right? I figured that this was a mistake that could be resolved fairly simply. I'll just call Sears, send them the picture of the opened parcel with the wrong color skirt and missing item, and surely they can expedite the correct pieces. Hahaha, nope.

After being transferred three times over the phone, I finally was connected with someone who said they couldn't really help me with getting the right color skirt in time (because I'd have to send it back, wait for it to be verified that they received it, then they'd send the right one to me), BUT he said he could absolutely make sure that my missing skirt was sent to me, and that it would be received before my deadline (December 15th). He was very kind and processed the order for me, and we were good to go... or so I thought. For whatever reason the very next day, I received an email saying my order was cancelled. Of course I'm fuming by now, because that's another day lost. I immediately call and get the most uninformed customer service rep that I've ever spoken with.

I explained the situation and said I had documentation of everything (as I record phone calls and save all chats with agents), and that I needed her to expedite ship my skirt to me ASAP. At first, this agent insisted that I pay for the skirt, even though I had clear evidence that I already paid for the item and it never arrived, and that the order had been placed again for me last night, but someone on their end cancelled it for no freaking reason. After arguing with her for 30 minutes, she finally just reinstated the order that had been cancelled. I asked her if she could guarantee that this order would actually arrive and not get cancelled as well. She said she couldn't answer that sort of question. So I asked if there was a way for her to at least find out WHY the other one got cancelled. She didn't answer my question, but merely asked if I was satisfied with the resolution.

After another 5 minutes of her dodging questions, I decided that I was just going to call a complaint hotline, because I had enough. Fast forward another two hours, I finally got a formal complaint submitted. The person I spoke with was very kind and understanding, and I was able to receive a tracking number for my shipment the following day. As of right now, the skirt is slated to arrive on December 14th, which is cutting everything EXTREMELY closely. All in all, I'm just very upset that I had to go through all of this over Sears/Kmart's error.

YOU sent me the wrong color of something (which I'm just not even going to bother with trying to fix), and you flat out try to steal from me by not sending an item I paid for? Had I been busy and not meticulously counting things as they arrived, I might not have noticed. So, I would have legitimately just given them money for something one of their underpaid, underqualified staff overlooked placing in my box, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A CHECKLIST. Unreal! I feel like at the very least, I deserve some sort of credit or partial refund for the absurd amount of time and energy that I was forced to put into this entire debacle.

Had Sears/Kmart operated like a competent organization, they would've just sent me the correct pieces from my order the first time. Yet, here I am--weeks later--still upset and agitated, because I'm waiting on a skirt that I should've received last week. And part of me fears that this will be the wrong color, since they've already demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to fulfill an orderly properly the first time. As soon as I get this skirt, I will be sure to NEVER do business with Sears/Kmart again. It was a mistake to utilize them for any of these purchases, but I wanted to take a chance. Well, I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time with them from this point forward. It's no wonder this company is dying--they have no clue what they're doing or how to provide decent customer service. Good riddance, Kmart and Sears... the both of you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have had the worst online experience ever. Ordered dog food from the web page that said item was available in stock. That was not the case so I ordered one that the customer service rep said was available. Again not the case. I talked to at least 10 people including the corporate office who put me on hold for 23 minutes before I hung up. I was told by two different people to wait 72 hours or cancel and reorder, now if you don't have the item that I needed yesterday why would I reorder it? I will never ever deal with this company again... Good thing it wasn't a mom with a starving baby that needed formula. 72 hours is a long time to go without eating don't you think? I give this the worst rating ever.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I'm going to give one star considering there is not an option for no star. Completely aggravated with Kmart today! After 10 years of having $300+ layaways every year, I have never been so disappointed and won't be shopping here again! I went to pick up my second layaway for this year and have always paid at least one day late because I am from the Sacandaga Lake area and am unable to make it on weekends, just to find out they have returned my items to the shelf. With no communication of doing so and that they are no longer providing a 5 day grace period.

Not only did I waste my time on driving down (I know they don't accept late payments online) then I get told I would only get $14 back when I made two payments of $30?! The layaway was made on the 11/5. Today is 12/4. Payments are every two weeks. If I didn't make two payments it would have been returned to shelves two weeks ago! I spoke with a manager who then realized that one of my payments was made to "a wrong layaway" and to just give me the $30 back. So my loss on their mistake?! This is how you conduct business?! Very distasteful and this will not be the only complaint I'll be making.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Do not order online. Pay more anywhere else. I ordered 4 pairs of jeans Black Friday. I was sent all wrong size. I called. They are now sending wrong color. I called again when I saw the wrong color on invoice. They said when I get wrong order I can just print out return label and drive to UPS to return order. I did not order wrong color. Their rep did. They also said they cannot honor Black Friday deal. I also ordered hand mixer which was not in box. They are being nice refunding my money for mixer not in box. But once again they are not honoring black Friday deal on mixer. I wonder how many Black Friday deals they are pulling this stunt on?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Tried to even exchange a shirt I bought where I couldnt find the receipt. I just needed a new size - that's it - the shirt had the tags still on - was never worn - no issues there. Their policy is NO returns or exchanges without a receipt. I recommend you definitely NOT shop here for Christmas as it will not be a pleasant experience if the gift needs to be returned. (Sears has the same policy - which is why these stores have no shoppers!)

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I ordered a cookware set and received a sewing machine that cost 4 times the price of cookware. I returned the sewing machine and was told 3 times that I would get my money back in 3-5 days, still haven't received merchandise or refund. Really doesn't pay to be honest, should've just sold sewing machine & repurchased cookware. I have had a few bad experiences with Kmart & will never buy anything major from them again...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Ordered my son a Beyblade set online. Received the package today, only to find out they sent a Beyonce perfume set instead. Called customer service and spoke to a woman who I could barely understand. She insisted that my package wouldn't even be here for 4 more days, so I couldn't have received the wrong item yet. I told her that it was in not only in my hand, but that I had received a delivery confirmation email from them 2 hours before. She continued to tell me for the next 5 minutes that I was wrong and didn't have the package yet. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. She came back and told me that her supervisor was too busy with other things to speak with me, but she did discover that I did indeed get my package. She then harassed me for 5 minutes about whether I was positive that it was perfume and not a Beyblade set.

I asked to speak to a supervisor again and she asked me why I thought I needed to speak to a supervisor... That's some nerve. She proceeded to tell me to take the item back to Kmart and get a refund there, I told all of them were closed around here. Then she said she would give me a shipping label and I can take it to the UPS store, which is 35 miles away (I live out in the country). I told her I wasn't driving 70 miles round trip to fix their mistake. She then told me that she would arrange a UPS pick up and it would only cost ME $7! I asked what they would do about getting me the item I actually ordered, I was told I would have to start a new order, pay again, and wait again. But, they would start to process my refund AFTER their warehouse receives and processes the package containing their mistake.

So I have to wait for the same imbeciles who gave me the wrong order in the first place to reprocess their own mistake before I get a refund! I asked her why they felt I should be doing all of the work and going out of my way or paying extra to correct a mistake they made and she explained that's just their policy. Asked again to speak to a supervisor, put in hold and shortly disconnected. Called back same run around except this time they are willing to give me $7 in reward dollars to compensate me for having to pay the UPS pick-up fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor again, again disconnected. Sent an email to the email address on the shipping receipt, received an error message 5 minutes later saying it was an unmonitored email address. Logged on to my account, and opened chat. Same run around except this time they were "more than willing" to give me a 5% coupon for my next purchase in addition to the $7 in reward dollars.

"More than willing" like that 5% was some kind of grand gesture after spending over 2 hours on the phone, hanging up on me, including a defunct email address on their paperwork, trying to charge me to correct their mistake and then refusing to give me a refund until they have time to receive and process their own mistake and even arguing with me about whether I even received the package!! I told him I would not need the coupon or the reward dollars as this would be my last purchase from Kmart or Sears and he acted thoroughly shocked that I wasn't satisfied with the nothing at all that they did to help me. I guess I'll stick with Amazon from now on.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I ordered two perfume sets as gifts. One arrived damaged. Since Kmart does not have an email option for customer service, I used the chat box. The "woman" I chatted with insisted on refunding me and reordering a replacement. I hesitantly agreed, but let her know I felt that was a lengthy and complicated process when she could just send the replacement. She assured me I would pay the same price for the replacement, as I got the original on sale. When she told me the refund and repurchase prices, they were different. So, I asked her not to replace the order. She then rudely ended the chat with me without any further explanation of what would happen next or a confirmation of any kind.

I then found out she refunded me in points, rather than sending the money back to my credit card that I paid with. Luckily, she didn't reorder. I tried to call customer service and got a guy that didn't speak English well and had a staticky connection. I couldn't communicate with him and hung up. This matter is still unresolved. I can't believe Kmart would have such lousy customer service when they've been around for so long. Very disappointed. I guess I'll spend the points and avoid Kmart afterwards. I would not suggest shopping with them online. My in-store purchases were never a problem. However, the Kmarts in my area were closed just recently. I wish they hadn't because I could have exchanged my damaged item at the store instead of all this hassle.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I bought a 7 piece bedding set for $80 3 weeks ago. I have been for the past 2 weeks trying to get the contact number for the manufacturer who makes it because the bedding came apart at the seam it I should say was apart at the seam. I was going to exchange but can't find my receipt for the life of me. So that's why I wanted a number for who actually makes it because I just want a new comforter!

No one, not even KMART who sells this brand has a number for the manufacturer. I tried google, everything. They don't exist. Kmart says I have now had it too long to just exchange it. This is insane and at this rate I will NEVER shop there again and will encourage others not to as well because the customer service has been RIDICULOUS!!! Nowhere did I see a purchase as is sign on my item. I didn't catch it until I had already put it on my bed and it was on the side of the bed I don't use so I didn't catch it immediately. I just want a replacement comforter and I can't even get a correct phone number for the people that make it and KMART basically said they can't "assist" with this. What the hell?! This is YOUR product that you sell at YOUR stores and you can't help me?! I will be sure to stop at nothing to blast this everywhere since you can't help your customers!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I got some great deals by way of shopping at the Lake Havasu City Kmart. It was a magnificent experience, and I earned enough points in order to send a loved one a big box of Halloween gifts just as the Detroit City Horror Madness Rocktober events began. Sure, on the outside, it isn't glam, it isn't trendy, it's just the usual stuff. I found what I needed, and did not need navigation around the store. Nobody tried to sell me things that I did not want. I found paint for a contest submission, and got it in on time. Thank you Kmart.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

First I'd like to start off saying that my credit card itself was compromised through Kmart/Sears! So unknowingly I go to the store buy things for my daughter's college dorm. And while I'm paying with my credit card they informed me my card is not working because it's been compromised. After an hour on the phone with them they finally give me my new card number and allow me to make these purchases. However it seems the cashier herself forgot to give me one of my tax so when I go home and unload I realize their silly things missing couple of plastic forks and knives. Couldn't cost more than five dollars in total.

I called the store and explain and they told me I had to re-purchase the items because anyone could say they bought these things and never received them (I bought close to $400 worth of stuff. I was only claiming about five dollars of it was lost and was willing to show them the receipt). They would not refund my items so I go back. I repurchased the items again with no credit card just my driver's license. Fast forward to a month later I still have not received my card for a bill so I call them to ask how to pay for the credit card and what to do next.

They tell me I have to wait for the credit card in order to pay and I cannot pay in the store because I do not have a credit card. I'm allowed to buy without the actual card however I cannot pay without the actual card and I can wait for another bill to come to my house but that will cost me A late fee. Terrible customer service. Terrible safety. For cautions I will be closing my card and never purchasing from them again and how do I know if someone else hasn't gone in there and make charges to my card without the actual bill. This is insane. Never I guess.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I ordered two watches online at Kmart. It was two weeks and still no watches but my credit card was charged 42.00 for the watches. I had a hard time finding a Kmart number online to call, finally found a number and told them I had not received the watches yet and the representative, which sounded like from another country, which she was hard to understand when she spoke, said that my order was still processing and I would get an email in 24 to 48 hours about it. So I received an email within that time period telling me that they were having problems processing it and when it was processed it would be 8 to 10 day before I would receive the order.

So I’ve been waiting a whole month now and received a email today a month since I ordered these watches, and also it says online when you order something they don't bill you until it ships or you receive it which is not true because they immediate charged my credit card. The Email said that they could not process my order and that I would have to reorder them again, nothing about a refund, there was a underline chat I could click on and did but hmmm nothing happened when I did so I called the 800-416-7565 customer service and again talked to someone that was hard to understand, told me that they were still processing it and I told her that the email I got said they couldn’t process it and I would have to reorder it again, I told her I wanted a full refund, she said I was not charged for the order. I told her that, “Yes I was charged on my credit card”.

She told me that she would contact someone about it and send me another email in 24 hrs to 48 hrs, what a joke. Do not order anything from Kmart, they are getting desperate and are soon going out of business so they will do anything to get your money and they do not care how they treat their customers. I’m not sure yet if I will get a refund, but if I hadn't called. I'm pretty sure they would of just kept my money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Wrong items delivered twice - Ordered capris and received pants, called 5 times wants me to bring to UPS drop center, no way. I want a refund to my account, have UPS come back with a UPS pick up. They charge 7 dollars to customers, what a crock of ____. Called again for the return labels and they have the returns on the items I want to keep, ARE THEY NOT EDUCATED? Called to cancel credit card and was transferred 3 times, hung up could not wait for their stupidity. I want them to send me a check for the credits I should receive.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Back on May we order new trampoline. Ordered it Kmart online 6/1/17. I received email that the order is ready for pick-up. We went to the store they tell us that the order is not. 6/8/17 a reminder to pick up the order, 6/10/17 again to the store. Order is available for pick up since end of July. Till today I calling the customer service but not give me answers neither for the order or refund. Finally yesterday customer service sends an email that the order was pick up day 6/16/17. Are not how because I never when try many times to talk to the manager of the store but nothing no one in the store give me answers.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was in line waiting and one of the cashier name Jennifer approach me and said "you only have 1 item. I can help you over here" and she rung up my item and I swipe my debit card and the receipt didn't print and she call other idiot like her and ask if my payment went thru their system and she said she need to charge me again and one of the stupid store manager name Sam, she approach me telling me that the first charged is gonna get drop and they will only charge me 1 time.

But 1 week after the $102.49 still not in my account and they said wait till another week and see if it went back to my account the next day after my purchase I went back to Kmart to return the item I purchase and to refund my money. So I get back $102.49 back to my account but I still need another $102.49 that they steal from my account. This is why I don't like shopping at Kmart. I'm always having trouble with their staff. Kmart by Redwood city Veterans Blvd.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

On 8/22/17 I placed an online order with Kmart for beach items. A beach umbrella, towel & chair. On 8/24/17 my package arrived (via UPS) but in it was 3 heavy cases of cat food & a gas can! I called customer service right away to tell them I received the wrong order. I was told by the customer service rep that my options were to return the box to a Kmart myself or take it to a UPS location for return and they would email me a label to print out. Really? I was in disbelief that they would make such a suggestion for THEIR error. I told them that I would do no such thing. Not only because they had no idea if I even had the means to travel to any Kmart... on top of the fact that the box was extremely heavy... but simply because this was an error on their part & they should take full responsibility & send UPS back to pick up the package!

They arranged to have UPS come back out & told me I'd receive an email letting me know which day. In the meantime I was out of my beach items! I was told I would have to re-order them & for my inconvenience they would deduct 5% from each item. I was also told that when they received the package back to their warehouse I would be issued a full refund for my original order. Reluctantly, I placed an additional order as I needed the items for my beach trip. Unfortunately, the chair was no longer available, which was a disappointment, so I just re-ordered the umbrella & towel. That order arrived, correctly, the following week as well as UPS to retrieve the package (by the way, I never did receive notification by email when UPS would be arriving as I was told I would).

Fast forward to 9/3/17, I called Kmart customer service to check on the status of the return & my refund. They had no record of a return. I was then asked did UPS leave tracking info with me. I told them I wasn't sure I could find it & couldn't remember the exact day they came but since Kmart was who arranged the return of the package from my home that they should have some type of electronic record of it as well. After being put on hold several times I was told by the rep that they located the tracking number & it showed that UPS had picked up the package from my home on 8/31/17 & my refund should be processed in 48 hours. Instead, I received an email from Kmart the following day acknowledging that I called but that they had in fact NOT located the tracking number (or return) so I would have to provide them with that information.

I was too frustrated at the time to deal with them & took a few days to gather my bearings & was hoping for better news the next time I called. Tonight, 9/6/17, was a complete horror story with Kmart's customer service. I spoke with 4 different reps who each found a way to eventually disconnect me!! The first rep I spoke with started out very nice & understanding after I explained the situation. He said he didn't want us to end the call with me unsatisfied. (He failed miserably!) He even went as far as to begin to process the refund. When I asked him what the total of the refund would be (so that I could verify he was refunding the right order) I realized it wasn't the correct amount & that he was refunding me for the second order I placed instead of the original! Remember, the original order included 3 items (umbrella, towel & chair) that was FULLY paid for but didn’t receive!

I placed the second order (spending MORE money) but only received the beach umbrella & towel because the chair was no longer available. So in essence, I was being shorted the amount of the chair I originally paid for. When I tried explaining this his entire demeanor changed. He became rude & was no longer customer friendly. It was clear he had reached the peak of his training & no longer knew how to accommodate the call. He placed me on hold & I mysteriously ended up being connected to the Spanish speaking department. I hung up & called back. I get the 2nd rep & now I'm more frustrated than ever as each call means explaining the situation all over again. This time I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold as I was told a supervisor was being located. When the rep got back on the line I was informed I was being transferred to a supervisor.

I was so relieved to finally be able to speak with someone with more authority who could potentially fix my problem with ease. It wasn't so. A few seconds later I was met with a dial tone. Refusing to give up I place a 3rd call. I get a rep by the name of Vincent. He was very accommodating & pleasant. I thought the call with him was going quite well. It seems that he may have even already knew a bit about my plight... perhaps by notes left on my account, by talk amongst the customer service reps in the office or both. Either way I felt confident this was the last call I'd have to make & that my refund would be on its way. I was placed on hold for a few minutes after being told he was going to try & process my refund. However, when he came back on the line it was cut off & I was yet again, listening to a dial tone.

I call back a 4th time, I let the new rep know I was disconnected several times & that I'd like to speak with Vincent, the last rep I was speaking with. She blatantly did not honor my request... she said "I'm sorry ma'am could you give ME your order number". I can't remember being more frustrated & angry than I was in that moment. I had no more kindness or patience left & I let more than one profanity slip out. Still, the call was heading in a positive direction. With Rep #4, I also got up to the point of being told I would have my refund processed. She even verified the correct refund amount.

When she said she wanted to put me on hold I almost begged her not to. I couldn't deal with another disconnection after being so seemingly close to my refund yet again! I decided to take my chances and allow her to place me on hold. And as fate would have it, after a few minutes, the call disconnected. My efforts for my refund have ceased for the night but I intend to get in touch with the corporate office tomorrow. My treatment by Kmart is absolutely inexcusable that started with THEIR error. This experience has left me with no desire to do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My son and daughter-in-law received a bassinet as a gift for their premie. They had a boy and the bassinet was pink. They went into Kmart to exchange it and were told there are no exchanges without a receipt and the receipt has to be within 30 days of purchase. I told them to let my husband (pappy) handle it. He called corporate who told him no exchanges or returns without a receipt and it must be within 30 days. Both my son and my husband said the people they spoke with were extremely rude. So, I called the corporate office and asked to speak with the CEO. I was told "NO!" and hung up on. I guess there are a lot of unhappy customers out there asking for the same thing.

So, I called back and asked for customer service. I politely explained my situation and was told the same thing. I asked if there was any way to file paperwork or something for an exception. I was told no but this lady was very pleasant. I asked her name. It was Gail. When I receive nice customer service I like to make it a point to let the retailer know so they can notice that the person facing the public is doing a good job. Gail did her best to help me. She told me that while I could not return or exchange the bassinet that she would give me $65 in points so I could go to the store and get one. My grandson was about to leave the NICU and come home. She told me to give her a minute to log the call because they get audited and need to make sure they justify the reasoning. She also told me to wait 24 hours before I go to the store so she is sure the points would post.

I went to the store yesterday and when I went to check out the points weren't there. The manager on duty called the points department for me on their phone so I could talk to them. I was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to clear up this issue. The points department could not see a log of my previous call with Gail. Since the call was to corporate the representative (Saudia) said it may be better if I call corporate back. I explained that I was at the store and my items were sitting there in check out and asked if she could get a manager and possibly help me. I was continually put on hold.

So many times that I called the corporate customer service back. I spoke with Marcy this time. She checked my rewards number and told me the same thing that Saudia was telling me. There was no record of the call. After I explained my issue/situation a third time Marcy told me that it was against company policy to help me and she doubted this woman (Gail) would have given me $65 in points and she was NOT going to give them to me either. But Marcy can look up the logs by the phone number used when placing the call. So, after close to an hour and a have she found the log from Gail using my phone number. She now could see I was not telling a lie! Marcy issued the credit. I checked out my items. I will NEVER step foot in a Kmart or Sears again!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased an item on July 17, 2017. It was my first purchase from Kmart. I attempted to return it with original receipt on August 17, 2017. When I arrived at the store I went directly to the customer service desk. There was no one there. After waiting 10 minutes I didn't see any workers anywhere so I decided to look around a bit. When I returned to the service desk I gave them my item and the original receipt. She said I could not return this item because it was more than 30 days. (It was actually 31 days). I asked if I could get a store credit. I was told, "No returns or exchanges after 30 days". I asked if I could exchange the size. I was told, "No returns or exchanges after 30 days". I asked if I could speak to a manager. She said "Nope. No returns or exchanges after 30 days". That was my first and last purchase from K-Mart. Beware of their strict return/exchange policy before you make purchases. I wasn't and now I am stuck with a top that does not fit me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

So yesterday I was looking for coupons because I really like good deals, and found one for free girl’s sunglasses at Kmart value of 6.99. The Kmart nearest to me was located in Desert Hot Springs California, I live about an hour from there but I was already going down there because my Mom had a doctor’s appointment so I decided to tag along. I've never been someone so depressing before. I walked through the doors and it reeked of stale pizza, dirty water, and who knows what else. It was just an unpleasant sight. The employees were not helpful whatsoever. I asked one lady where do I go to redeem my coupons and she said one thing and another said something else. Eventually I found the customer service desk where people bring their items back. After already waiting 10 minutes for someone to come and help me, I was told to go and get the girl’s glasses which were the value of 6.99.

After doing so I came back and had to wait another 10 minutes to be served. Then I was told that they don't accept online coupons here but after arguing for another 10 minutes they finally agreed to take the coupon. Then apparently the computer wasn't ringing it up so they had call the manager which wasted another 15 minutes of my time waiting for her to come down. But apparently these glasses weren't the right kind because the manager said that they didn't have the special barcode on them. I pleaded with them that I called to confirm that Kmart takes this coupons and I could get any girl’s sunglasses but they said no and kept arguing with me it was like talking to a brick wall. So I decided to just leave because this was just a huge waste of time. But then they wouldn't even give me my coupon back! I decided to call corporate and tell them about my terrible experience.

I finally got someone on the phone but they were extremely rude calling me "sir" even though I'm a woman. I corrected him twice but he kept doing thinking it was funny. I tried to tell him but he just said "I’m sorry I don't know how to help you with your problem." I asked if Kmart had an email I could contact he said no, I look and they don't. Worst experience of my life, I never been so grateful to have a Walmart in my life. This is why I'm pretty sure there's not that many Kmart left in the world. Absolutely the worst!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Terrible. I went to my local Kmart with 3 tops to return with the receipt and tags. I was told two of them were not on the receipt, they were all on the receipt with the same numbers on tag and items. When this idiot at school scanned them in she claimed they weren't in there. I asked for a manager who said maybe it was that the receipt was cut off at the left but the numbers were still there. Then he asks her "Can you return them!" She says, "Not without some proof of payment." I guess a receipt with correct items isn't proof anymore if the ** computer system doesn't work is not proof enough?

Brain dead. Everyone in this store is brain dead. They have their own little dictatorship here. The woman was very rude and told me sarcastically to have a nice day. She gave me a store credit for the one top without even asking me if I wanted a credit to my card. I bought this 2 weeks ago. These people don't give a ** about their customers. My email receipt was not given. I had trouble to OtterX in the past month at this Farmingville store. They messed up my email receipt and I had to return and buy everything back twice. The clerk failed told me I had a 10 dollar credit. Once I force these people to return my merchandise I will never shop here again except maybe online. They don't care about the customer at all. I called the 800 number to complain and they said someone will call me back and give me a return/credit hopefully. Let's see if it happens or not. I predict bankruptcy for Kmart soon if they continue to scam people this way.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I purchased a k-gro heavy duty 100' water hose 7-8 yrs ago, I kept orginal receipt and packaging. My hose failed so I took it to the nearest Kmart 50 miles from my house (my local kmart has closed down). It clearly states on the package and I quote ''backed by the ultimate LIFETIME warranty, if the hose ever fails at any time Kmart will repair or replace the hose at no charge, simply return the hose to your nearest Kmart with original packaging.'' Unquote.

I was told by a customer service rep. in Danville Va on 8-5-17 that the warranty was good for 30 days and I had to go through the manufacturer to get the warranty taken care of, NO that's not what is stated in the warranty on the package. Anyhow she would not do anything, customer service at the corporate level will not do anything either. No wonder kmarts all around are closing, personally the way they conduct business I hope they all go broke and fold. They need to learn what CUSTOMER SERVICE is, not make it up as they go. Anyhow I wish them what they give every one of their customers - NOTHING - and good riddance, never again, hope everyone else does the same.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Horrible experience, I am so mad, what is wrong with this people. I got an outside umbrella from them a little more than a month ago. Online order, wasn't what I wanted it to be, so I put it back in an original pack and decided to return it. I was shocked when they told me I can't do it, I was like 6 days late, ok whatever, so I told them to give me a store credit, DOUBLE SHOCK, they can't do it. How is this possible, never heard of such a thing. It didn't say on my receipt No store credit, we all so used to our regular rules, no return after some time, I kind of get it, but no store credit???

I ask to see the manager (Burbank store) she didn't even bother to come and see me. I am going to make sure they get someone else to that store to be able to face a problem. I contacted corporate, nothing, all they do is apologize, I even told the guy, to stop apologizing, made me more mad, so anyway they definitely lost a customer, and I am telling everyone DO NOT even waste your time. We have Walmart and Target. Both very very good stores, perfect customer service. Kmart will not see a penny from me.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Since we don't normally shop with them, we had no idea of the issues Sears Holdings was having financially or with keeping items in stock. We learned after our experience. We ordered a $444.71 pool from the online site on July 6. We learned from UPS the order was damaged. We ordered a pool from Kmart on July 6. We learned on July 9th from UPS that the order had been damaged in transit. We checked our order through Kmart's website and saw the order had been canceled. We called the Kmart/Sears Customer Service Center on the 10th and asked if a refund had been issued. We were told it was and to wait "3-5 business days."

We were told Kmart never had a pool for us and canceled the order. We checked the website and saw the pool showed as still in stock and was reduced $50 lower than what we paid. We asked why that was and we're told is was because the website had not been updated. So, it was updated enough for a price reduction but not quantity? They say they never shipped one, but UPS notified us it was damaged. We figured then that was a bad sign of how this was going to be handled.

We waited patiently as long as the man. Then we called back to let them know the money was not there and that there is an issue. We were then told the refund was not issued on the 10th and that it was issued that day and we'd have to wait again for it. We patiently waited the timeline that person asked and nothing happened. We called and spoke to Carol yesterday 7/20. Carol told us a refund still had not been issued and that she would issue one and try to expedite it to be in our account for this morning. Once again, it's not there. She said the new refund she issued can take until the middle of next week. This seems like an endless cycle!

Even getting a supervisor has been a hassle. The first time we asked for one, we had to ask THREE times for one. After a lengthy wait, we asked if a supervisor was coming to the phone. In response, the man asked "You want to speak to a supervisor?" Then, we were told Carol would call us within an hour yesterday. We waited two hours and called back. We were fussed at for not waiting the hour. We explained we had waited two hours, twice as long as requested, for her call and asked "What else are we suppose to do?" We have talked to many customer service people regarding this. Many of them did not have a good grasp of English. We have put in a lot of time and effort. All of these people give us a different story and ask us to wait. There is no consistency, just chaos and confusion. Wait 3-5 days, 5-7, 7-10. This has been a very frustrating process.

We charged this to our debit card. On a tip from a friend, we called our bank this morning to dispute the charge. Suntrust is going to pursue it for us and hopefully we will have our money back shortly. It's a shame Kmart/Sears couldn't step up and resolve the issue for us, but we learned a valuable lesson... do not shop with them again!

Original review: July 16, 2017

My mom bought my son a pair of Wrangler khakis and sent them to him at college. They was the wrong size. He left the tags on them. When he came home I took them to exchange them for the right size. Kmart would not exchange them. We didn't have a receipt. I would have shopped some while exchanging the pants. I will never go there again period. This is one reason Walmart has taken over. I would have had no problems there.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I purchased a Kenmore fan on 5/31/17. I didn't open it to assembly until 7/8/17. There were parts missing so I got my receipt to check out the return policy... 30 days. I called the store to see if I could possibly still return/exchange the fan since it was only a week over 30 days. No way.... they said... 30 days is it. And they seemed to say it in delight and offered no other solution for the missing parts. Just told me there was nothing they could do.

They didn't even refer me to Sears. Well I guess they didn't do that since mostly all of Sears stores are closing. Pretty much like they will probably be closing too. By the way, the person who answered the telephone just said Hello. I thought I had dialed a residence since she didn't say K-Mart. Anyway, the 30 day return policy is pretty bad. It should be longer like most other stores and it should include the option to get a store credit. I would have gladly taken a store credit. The K-Mart store is located at 95th and Pulaski Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I'm writing this review because I read the other ones on here and some just don't make any sense. If you know there's a 30 day policy on returns then yes after 31 days they do not accept it. If you know that is the policy why would they bend the rules for you if it's not a part of the policy? I understand the whole customer satisfaction but some of the reviews are just common sense answers and I ask a customer even agree with them on not accepting it after 30 days. IT'S ON THE RECEIPT PEOPLE. Not a hard concept at all. Stop trying to get things done in your favor. If they bend the rules for you then they have to bend the rules for everyone else and that just defeats the whole purpose of having a policy then. Yes I have had a few bad experiences but I got them resolved.

I also saw another review about a customer buying pretzel bites with holes in them and a picture attached with the whole top of the wrapper missing. It's very obvious that anyone with common sense would see that the bag was torn before the purchase was made and see holes in the bag and that the pretzel pieces would have fallen out. That was just ridiculous. Whoever wrote that review wrote a lot of nonsense. There was nothing wrong with the way the supervisor responded either if he asked you if you would like to return it. Yes it's 99 cents but what else is he suppose to do. Offer more than you paid for? He also thanked you for making him aware of the situation and that still wasn't good enough.

Some of you are just ungrateful and want everything done by you. I've worked in retail and I understand their point of view and I am also a customer so I understand both sides. If you all had a store with policies, you wouldn't want anyone bending rules and trying to get any and everything for nothing. Right is right and some of you are just never satisfied with anything. That is all.

Kmart Company Information

www.kmart.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use