1.18/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

982 Kmart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Bought 2 pair shoes online from Kmart (one from Kmart and another from Sears) and pick up in the store. When I wanted to return the items they did not accept the Sears item. When I try return to Sears they say the item is not from them. Now I am stuck with item. I will never buy from them online ever and will let everyone I know what false advertisement they do and trap people.

Original review: June 18, 2018

On June 7th 2018 I was shopping for a large TV at Kmart at 245 East Maryland in St. Paul. I was barefoot because I had just done a barefoot walk around the nearby lake. I live a barefoot lifestyle for health reasons. I was told at a Florida Kmart just weeks before that the company had no policy against barefoot customers. I talked to the store manager specifically about shopping barefooted. They were glad to have any customers barefoot or wearing shoes. I was looking at TVs at the Maryland St. Paul store, and a manager told me to leave the store immediately because I was barefoot. I asked to see that policy in writing. She said she would call police if I didn’t leave, so I decided to leave. I have shopped many Kmart stores all over the country barefooted, and always was greeted and helped without confrontation.

I called their corporate office and complained of discrimination. They said their manager had no business telling me to leave. They missed out on a sale. I went to Walmart and bought a TV instead. I was also barefoot when I purchased it from Walmart. No wonder Kmart is going broke. Who cares what people wear. Flip flops and sandals are more dangerous than bare feet. I still go there barefoot there just to see if it happens again. I wish more people would do it too just to prove a point. I hate when managers make up rules that don’t exist. Other managers at the same store have helped me and just said “Oh, no shoes today huh”, not, "You can’t be in here barefoot." They helped me like any other customer. Going barefoot is legal. Look up "Barefoot is legal" on Twitter. Help stop this from happening. Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have enjoyed having a Kmart in Norridge, Illinois. It is near my home and I buy a lot of clothing there. I would miss shopping online if it were gone, but regardless, they really need to make some improvements. A major problem is their in-store pickup; nothing is ever ready to pickup in a timely manner, even when the item is right there on the shelf. There was one time I ordered an item for pickup and it took 5 hours to get the email that the item was ready, all they had to do was pluck it off the shelf but it took 5 hours for that.

This is one of the more popular Kmart locations in Illinois, but it shouldn't take that much time. Target and Walmart can usually get in-stock items ready for pickup in under two hours. During another pickup, I had gotten the email and rushed to the store but they hadn't even removed the item from the shelf yet. When the girl went to get it, they didn't even have the item and had not in years. Their website clearly was not updated. I just recently made a purchase for pickup on an item that said they had some in-stock. After over 48 hours of waiting for the email to alert me to come to the store, it turned out they didn't actually have any in-stock and were attempting to source the item from another location and it was taking a long time.

I had to cancel after waiting and then repurchase for a higher price at another store. Many of the employees appear to be lazy as they seem put out if you ask them to do anything, and that goes for the old and the young. Nobody knows anything about anything. The store could use a good cleaning. Some of the floors are terrible looking. Kmart doesn't have to be a bad place to shop, but it seems the head honchos don't care about the stores, even the ones that make good money.

Original review: April 22, 2018

My wife bought over $200 worth of home essentials... Mostly new towels, washcloths, etc. to match a new bathroom remodel we did. My wife bought 2 sets of colors, one of which did not match the new color scheme. Additionally, we had one towel of the color we did like that was defective (when we unfolded it, it had several noticeable thread-pulls. Without attempting to defend our delay, I went to return the items 34 days after the purchase. Everything still had tags, everything was still in the bag, and I had the receipt. I was told that according to Kmart policy, I could not return them. I ask if there was anything that could be done. The person said no. No credit... No exchange... Not anything. Basically, I was stuck with these items.

I decided to try again a couple days later and speak with the store manager. I received the same response. I even tried to negotiate getting just getting a replacement for the one towel that had the defects-- they wouldn't even exchange that one defective towel -- it was less than $10! I followed up by called corporate HQ number and received the exact same response. When I compare with Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc... Minimum return window is 90 days. For those last two, the time is indefinite if you have a receipt.

Generally speaking, those return processes are comparatively "HASSLE-FREE." Strangely, if you sign up as a Kmart member you get an additional 15 days (45 days) to return things... Which still isn't competitive. The person didn't even say, "hey, let's just check to see if you are a member." or "if you sign up as a member now, we will honor the return." The point is that there was no solution to help me as a customer. Kmart policy was very rigid, and there appears to be no room for entrepreneurial behavior to help customers with problems. That said... I am no longer shopping at Kmart or Sears (Kmart's parent company).

Original review: March 31, 2018

Ordered 6 "room darking" shades that turned out not to be "room darkening" at all. Returned them almost 3 weeks ago. Kmart ordered UPS pick-up. Now I can't seem to get a refund. I've chatted with them at least 3 times, and they keep telling me that a refund will be deposited in 3 to 5 business days. As of yet, it hasn't happened. They are very difficult to get a hold of, unless you do the "chat" option. The last gentleman I spoke with, told me that they hadn't been received yet. I sent him a copy of the UPS tracking, and he still insisted he was right. Then he told me that he'd make an exception and refund my money anyway. Guess what? It hasn't happened.

This company is terrible to deal with. There's really no way to contact anyone other than who they WANT you to have contact with, and those people don't do anything to help you. I'm so frustrated, and will never, never buy from them again. My system is prohibiting me from sharing my receipt or the UPS tracking that I have. I could forward them to a specific email address, however.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased a shapewear top for 19.99 and an underwear for 1.49 at Kmart. I had the receipt but I left the bag in the car and the ink faded so I threw the receipt away, anyways when I finally remembered to return the merchandise there was a new policy about returning merchandise, “If you lost the receipt then you have to find the same merchandise to be able to return your merchandise.” Well that was what Melinda ** told me.” She is the overnight supervisor. I told her, “Find it yourself.” You see there 4x is actually a 2x. Their panty just bought by mistake.

She told me that she could find a larger size. From my perspective the shapewear was a missize. I took the merchandise back. I will not be returning to Kmart. I spend 500-1000 dollars there every month. Wouldn’t it be wiser to please the customer and keep them coming back or lose a customer who spends a thousand dollars a month there. Do the math!

Original review: March 2, 2018

The online sales are awful. I ordered a set of glassware, it arrived, two glasses short, they were not broken, just missing. Was never resolved so I gave up. Then I stupidly ordered three sets of earrings, they arrived all broken up and mangled, now it's like an act of congress to return them. Really!!! I am beginning to see why they are going out of business. They used to be my 'go to' store. I think I am done.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

My husband and I purchased a 7 piece Essential Home comforter set from Kmart 1/19/18. We were waiting for a beautiful bedroom set that we were waiting to arrive in a couple weeks. Once our bedroom set arrived a few days ago we put the comforter on the bed only to see it falling apart at the seams. Unfortunately for us we purchased it from a store that going out of business and all sales are final. I called the store and was told I need to contact the manufacturer and couldn't get any information for that. We paid $80 bucks for this item. I see why Kmart is going out of business. Had I read the reviews on their bedding I would have never made the purchase. KMART SUCKS!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I purchased a ceiling fan in 2017 and bulbs was not included, which I thought wouldn't be a problem and purchase bulbs from Home Depot, didn't match. I contacted Kmart store on 440 JC. The store manager is worst than the staff worker, he told me bulbs come with every ceiling fan, I told him, "Don't make a fool of yourself until you read box." He told me I had to order online and I called online and was told they will ship to store no charge. I still didn't receive the bulbs yet. I spoke with a manager in store 3459 and he said it not his problem. What do these people say time of interview? Unbelievable and I still don't have my bulbs and waiting for corporate to resolve this issue.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

2 pairs of discounted PJ' purchased through Kmart online. Online hell!!! -- Including bait and switch --- price changes, error messages. After 20 hours of trying to deal with the online operation and getting to the end of the process -- the product for stated price is not available!!! Phone support lead to more HELL! Finally manager apologizes and gives a credit BUT 2 days later -- no credit is given! Again phone support. Supervisor, manager and waiting for hours. Phone support for .com hangups after long waits. -- Finally get manager -- manager further credits my account and more apologies. Afterwards the email received says that the CREDITS ARE ONLY FOR CANCELATION!!! BUT I NEVER CANCELED ITEM!!!

Yesterday I was able to track the item and it stated that the item had the incorrect address -- but the online phone support stated the address correctly!!! Today I can not even track the item??! IS THIS RETALIATION for calling them out for under the wire fraud or at least abuse and negligence and bad corporate behavior OR errors upon errors upon errors and exploitation of outsourced workers? You tell me. I'm still waiting for my PJ'S for my mother who needs them for health reasons. I never canceled the item -- and I was supposed to be given 2 credits in addition to the original discount. This is a worse case series of corporate machinations and bully tactics -- burning consumer time is an abusive tactic against complaints. Please someone investigate and beware of stumbling into their endless hole of unethical and dysfunctional corporate bad behavior. Slap the machine or fix the machine!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered from Kmart.com from the telephone, since I did not have access to a computer at the moment. The item I ordered was $134.99 for a 420 Piece Mechanics tool set. The representative Tyler, then proceeded to order it from Sears.com where it is $229.99. Almost $100 difference! I did not notice until I got back to my computer. I called back and asked to speak to a manager. The person said I could not speak to a manager, they can change the price after the order, when charging your CC, because they are must be updating the price.

I had the option to cancel the order, or accept it. TO THIS DAY, 4 DAYS LATER IT IS THE SAME PRICE! I did not even order from Sears.com, I called the Kmart.com number! They won't even honor the Sears.com price guarantee, nor the Sears.com Price Match! I called back yet again, and the only option they gave me was to not accept the order!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I went to exchange pajamas for a bigger size. They wouldn't let me without a receipt. Gone hung up on 3 times try to call. Corporate office gives you like 20 sale pitches. Then chatted to say I was SOL. Like I ever want to business there again. Kmart you're dying, and this kind of customer service, you will surely sink!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

This is an issue that I have with both Kmart and Sears, so I'll be sure to share my frustration on both pages. My problem is not unique--Sears/Kmart messed up my order, took forever to resolve the issue, which then was ALSO messed up, which ultimately resulted in a second round of phone calls, emails, and complaints. The story is essentially this: I spent about $130 on several pieces of clothing that were to be given as gifts on Friday, December 15th. I ordered everything on November 20th, so that was PLENTY of time to receive everything, get them packed, etc. Well, because I had ordered so many things, they were shipped from various warehouses and came in 6 different shipments... which is totally fine! As long as everything got here, I didn't care in what order they arrived at my house.

Well, on the 7th of December, my last parcel arrived... but there were TWO huge errors. One of the skirts was the absolute wrong color, and the other one... wasn't there. They literally just neglected to put one of my skirts in the shipment, even though there was a checklist enclosed. I'm not sure what moron could make this sort of mistake, but whatever. Not a huge deal, right? I figured that this was a mistake that could be resolved fairly simply. I'll just call Sears, send them the picture of the opened parcel with the wrong color skirt and missing item, and surely they can expedite the correct pieces. Hahaha, nope.

After being transferred three times over the phone, I finally was connected with someone who said they couldn't really help me with getting the right color skirt in time (because I'd have to send it back, wait for it to be verified that they received it, then they'd send the right one to me), BUT he said he could absolutely make sure that my missing skirt was sent to me, and that it would be received before my deadline (December 15th). He was very kind and processed the order for me, and we were good to go... or so I thought. For whatever reason the very next day, I received an email saying my order was cancelled. Of course I'm fuming by now, because that's another day lost. I immediately call and get the most uninformed customer service rep that I've ever spoken with.

I explained the situation and said I had documentation of everything (as I record phone calls and save all chats with agents), and that I needed her to expedite ship my skirt to me ASAP. At first, this agent insisted that I pay for the skirt, even though I had clear evidence that I already paid for the item and it never arrived, and that the order had been placed again for me last night, but someone on their end cancelled it for no freaking reason. After arguing with her for 30 minutes, she finally just reinstated the order that had been cancelled. I asked her if she could guarantee that this order would actually arrive and not get cancelled as well. She said she couldn't answer that sort of question. So I asked if there was a way for her to at least find out WHY the other one got cancelled. She didn't answer my question, but merely asked if I was satisfied with the resolution.

After another 5 minutes of her dodging questions, I decided that I was just going to call a complaint hotline, because I had enough. Fast forward another two hours, I finally got a formal complaint submitted. The person I spoke with was very kind and understanding, and I was able to receive a tracking number for my shipment the following day. As of right now, the skirt is slated to arrive on December 14th, which is cutting everything EXTREMELY closely. All in all, I'm just very upset that I had to go through all of this over Sears/Kmart's error.

YOU sent me the wrong color of something (which I'm just not even going to bother with trying to fix), and you flat out try to steal from me by not sending an item I paid for? Had I been busy and not meticulously counting things as they arrived, I might not have noticed. So, I would have legitimately just given them money for something one of their underpaid, underqualified staff overlooked placing in my box, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A CHECKLIST. Unreal! I feel like at the very least, I deserve some sort of credit or partial refund for the absurd amount of time and energy that I was forced to put into this entire debacle.

Had Sears/Kmart operated like a competent organization, they would've just sent me the correct pieces from my order the first time. Yet, here I am--weeks later--still upset and agitated, because I'm waiting on a skirt that I should've received last week. And part of me fears that this will be the wrong color, since they've already demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to fulfill an orderly properly the first time. As soon as I get this skirt, I will be sure to NEVER do business with Sears/Kmart again. It was a mistake to utilize them for any of these purchases, but I wanted to take a chance. Well, I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time with them from this point forward. It's no wonder this company is dying--they have no clue what they're doing or how to provide decent customer service. Good riddance, Kmart and Sears... the both of you!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have had the worst online experience ever. Ordered dog food from the web page that said item was available in stock. That was not the case so I ordered one that the customer service rep said was available. Again not the case. I talked to at least 10 people including the corporate office who put me on hold for 23 minutes before I hung up. I was told by two different people to wait 72 hours or cancel and reorder, now if you don't have the item that I needed yesterday why would I reorder it? I will never ever deal with this company again... Good thing it wasn't a mom with a starving baby that needed formula. 72 hours is a long time to go without eating don't you think? I give this the worst rating ever.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I'm going to give one star considering there is not an option for no star. Completely aggravated with Kmart today! After 10 years of having $300+ layaways every year, I have never been so disappointed and won't be shopping here again! I went to pick up my second layaway for this year and have always paid at least one day late because I am from the Sacandaga Lake area and am unable to make it on weekends, just to find out they have returned my items to the shelf. With no communication of doing so and that they are no longer providing a 5 day grace period.

Not only did I waste my time on driving down (I know they don't accept late payments online) then I get told I would only get $14 back when I made two payments of $30?! The layaway was made on the 11/5. Today is 12/4. Payments are every two weeks. If I didn't make two payments it would have been returned to shelves two weeks ago! I spoke with a manager who then realized that one of my payments was made to "a wrong layaway" and to just give me the $30 back. So my loss on their mistake?! This is how you conduct business?! Very distasteful and this will not be the only complaint I'll be making.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Do not order online. Pay more anywhere else. I ordered 4 pairs of jeans Black Friday. I was sent all wrong size. I called. They are now sending wrong color. I called again when I saw the wrong color on invoice. They said when I get wrong order I can just print out return label and drive to UPS to return order. I did not order wrong color. Their rep did. They also said they cannot honor Black Friday deal. I also ordered hand mixer which was not in box. They are being nice refunding my money for mixer not in box. But once again they are not honoring black Friday deal on mixer. I wonder how many Black Friday deals they are pulling this stunt on?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Tried to even exchange a shirt I bought where I couldnt find the receipt. I just needed a new size - that's it - the shirt had the tags still on - was never worn - no issues there. Their policy is NO returns or exchanges without a receipt. I recommend you definitely NOT shop here for Christmas as it will not be a pleasant experience if the gift needs to be returned. (Sears has the same policy - which is why these stores have no shoppers!)

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I ordered a cookware set and received a sewing machine that cost 4 times the price of cookware. I returned the sewing machine and was told 3 times that I would get my money back in 3-5 days, still haven't received merchandise or refund. Really doesn't pay to be honest, should've just sold sewing machine & repurchased cookware. I have had a few bad experiences with Kmart & will never buy anything major from them again...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Ordered my son a Beyblade set online. Received the package today, only to find out they sent a Beyonce perfume set instead. Called customer service and spoke to a woman who I could barely understand. She insisted that my package wouldn't even be here for 4 more days, so I couldn't have received the wrong item yet. I told her that it was in not only in my hand, but that I had received a delivery confirmation email from them 2 hours before. She continued to tell me for the next 5 minutes that I was wrong and didn't have the package yet. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. She came back and told me that her supervisor was too busy with other things to speak with me, but she did discover that I did indeed get my package. She then harassed me for 5 minutes about whether I was positive that it was perfume and not a Beyblade set.

I asked to speak to a supervisor again and she asked me why I thought I needed to speak to a supervisor... That's some nerve. She proceeded to tell me to take the item back to Kmart and get a refund there, I told all of them were closed around here. Then she said she would give me a shipping label and I can take it to the UPS store, which is 35 miles away (I live out in the country). I told her I wasn't driving 70 miles round trip to fix their mistake. She then told me that she would arrange a UPS pick up and it would only cost ME $7! I asked what they would do about getting me the item I actually ordered, I was told I would have to start a new order, pay again, and wait again. But, they would start to process my refund AFTER their warehouse receives and processes the package containing their mistake.

So I have to wait for the same imbeciles who gave me the wrong order in the first place to reprocess their own mistake before I get a refund! I asked her why they felt I should be doing all of the work and going out of my way or paying extra to correct a mistake they made and she explained that's just their policy. Asked again to speak to a supervisor, put in hold and shortly disconnected. Called back same run around except this time they are willing to give me $7 in reward dollars to compensate me for having to pay the UPS pick-up fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor again, again disconnected. Sent an email to the email address on the shipping receipt, received an error message 5 minutes later saying it was an unmonitored email address. Logged on to my account, and opened chat. Same run around except this time they were "more than willing" to give me a 5% coupon for my next purchase in addition to the $7 in reward dollars.

"More than willing" like that 5% was some kind of grand gesture after spending over 2 hours on the phone, hanging up on me, including a defunct email address on their paperwork, trying to charge me to correct their mistake and then refusing to give me a refund until they have time to receive and process their own mistake and even arguing with me about whether I even received the package!! I told him I would not need the coupon or the reward dollars as this would be my last purchase from Kmart or Sears and he acted thoroughly shocked that I wasn't satisfied with the nothing at all that they did to help me. I guess I'll stick with Amazon from now on.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I ordered two perfume sets as gifts. One arrived damaged. Since Kmart does not have an email option for customer service, I used the chat box. The "woman" I chatted with insisted on refunding me and reordering a replacement. I hesitantly agreed, but let her know I felt that was a lengthy and complicated process when she could just send the replacement. She assured me I would pay the same price for the replacement, as I got the original on sale. When she told me the refund and repurchase prices, they were different. So, I asked her not to replace the order. She then rudely ended the chat with me without any further explanation of what would happen next or a confirmation of any kind.

I then found out she refunded me in points, rather than sending the money back to my credit card that I paid with. Luckily, she didn't reorder. I tried to call customer service and got a guy that didn't speak English well and had a staticky connection. I couldn't communicate with him and hung up. This matter is still unresolved. I can't believe Kmart would have such lousy customer service when they've been around for so long. Very disappointed. I guess I'll spend the points and avoid Kmart afterwards. I would not suggest shopping with them online. My in-store purchases were never a problem. However, the Kmarts in my area were closed just recently. I wish they hadn't because I could have exchanged my damaged item at the store instead of all this hassle.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I bought a 7 piece bedding set for $80 3 weeks ago. I have been for the past 2 weeks trying to get the contact number for the manufacturer who makes it because the bedding came apart at the seam it I should say was apart at the seam. I was going to exchange but can't find my receipt for the life of me. So that's why I wanted a number for who actually makes it because I just want a new comforter!

No one, not even KMART who sells this brand has a number for the manufacturer. I tried google, everything. They don't exist. Kmart says I have now had it too long to just exchange it. This is insane and at this rate I will NEVER shop there again and will encourage others not to as well because the customer service has been RIDICULOUS!!! Nowhere did I see a purchase as is sign on my item. I didn't catch it until I had already put it on my bed and it was on the side of the bed I don't use so I didn't catch it immediately. I just want a replacement comforter and I can't even get a correct phone number for the people that make it and KMART basically said they can't "assist" with this. What the hell?! This is YOUR product that you sell at YOUR stores and you can't help me?! I will be sure to stop at nothing to blast this everywhere since you can't help your customers!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I got some great deals by way of shopping at the Lake Havasu City Kmart. It was a magnificent experience, and I earned enough points in order to send a loved one a big box of Halloween gifts just as the Detroit City Horror Madness Rocktober events began. Sure, on the outside, it isn't glam, it isn't trendy, it's just the usual stuff. I found what I needed, and did not need navigation around the store. Nobody tried to sell me things that I did not want. I found paint for a contest submission, and got it in on time. Thank you Kmart.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

First I'd like to start off saying that my credit card itself was compromised through Kmart/Sears! So unknowingly I go to the store buy things for my daughter's college dorm. And while I'm paying with my credit card they informed me my card is not working because it's been compromised. After an hour on the phone with them they finally give me my new card number and allow me to make these purchases. However it seems the cashier herself forgot to give me one of my tax so when I go home and unload I realize their silly things missing couple of plastic forks and knives. Couldn't cost more than five dollars in total.

I called the store and explain and they told me I had to re-purchase the items because anyone could say they bought these things and never received them (I bought close to $400 worth of stuff. I was only claiming about five dollars of it was lost and was willing to show them the receipt). They would not refund my items so I go back. I repurchased the items again with no credit card just my driver's license. Fast forward to a month later I still have not received my card for a bill so I call them to ask how to pay for the credit card and what to do next.

They tell me I have to wait for the credit card in order to pay and I cannot pay in the store because I do not have a credit card. I'm allowed to buy without the actual card however I cannot pay without the actual card and I can wait for another bill to come to my house but that will cost me A late fee. Terrible customer service. Terrible safety. For cautions I will be closing my card and never purchasing from them again and how do I know if someone else hasn't gone in there and make charges to my card without the actual bill. This is insane. Never I guess.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I ordered two watches online at Kmart. It was two weeks and still no watches but my credit card was charged 42.00 for the watches. I had a hard time finding a Kmart number online to call, finally found a number and told them I had not received the watches yet and the representative, which sounded like from another country, which she was hard to understand when she spoke, said that my order was still processing and I would get an email in 24 to 48 hours about it. So I received an email within that time period telling me that they were having problems processing it and when it was processed it would be 8 to 10 day before I would receive the order.

So I’ve been waiting a whole month now and received a email today a month since I ordered these watches, and also it says online when you order something they don't bill you until it ships or you receive it which is not true because they immediate charged my credit card. The Email said that they could not process my order and that I would have to reorder them again, nothing about a refund, there was a underline chat I could click on and did but hmmm nothing happened when I did so I called the 800-416-7565 customer service and again talked to someone that was hard to understand, told me that they were still processing it and I told her that the email I got said they couldn’t process it and I would have to reorder it again, I told her I wanted a full refund, she said I was not charged for the order. I told her that, “Yes I was charged on my credit card”.

She told me that she would contact someone about it and send me another email in 24 hrs to 48 hrs, what a joke. Do not order anything from Kmart, they are getting desperate and are soon going out of business so they will do anything to get your money and they do not care how they treat their customers. I’m not sure yet if I will get a refund, but if I hadn't called. I'm pretty sure they would of just kept my money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Wrong items delivered twice - Ordered capris and received pants, called 5 times wants me to bring to UPS drop center, no way. I want a refund to my account, have UPS come back with a UPS pick up. They charge 7 dollars to customers, what a crock of ____. Called again for the return labels and they have the returns on the items I want to keep, ARE THEY NOT EDUCATED? Called to cancel credit card and was transferred 3 times, hung up could not wait for their stupidity. I want them to send me a check for the credits I should receive.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Back on May we order new trampoline. Ordered it Kmart online 6/1/17. I received email that the order is ready for pick-up. We went to the store they tell us that the order is not. 6/8/17 a reminder to pick up the order, 6/10/17 again to the store. Order is available for pick up since end of July. Till today I calling the customer service but not give me answers neither for the order or refund. Finally yesterday customer service sends an email that the order was pick up day 6/16/17. Are not how because I never when try many times to talk to the manager of the store but nothing no one in the store give me answers.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was in line waiting and one of the cashier name Jennifer approach me and said "you only have 1 item. I can help you over here" and she rung up my item and I swipe my debit card and the receipt didn't print and she call other idiot like her and ask if my payment went thru their system and she said she need to charge me again and one of the stupid store manager name Sam, she approach me telling me that the first charged is gonna get drop and they will only charge me 1 time.

But 1 week after the $102.49 still not in my account and they said wait till another week and see if it went back to my account the next day after my purchase I went back to Kmart to return the item I purchase and to refund my money. So I get back $102.49 back to my account but I still need another $102.49 that they steal from my account. This is why I don't like shopping at Kmart. I'm always having trouble with their staff. Kmart by Redwood city Veterans Blvd.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

On 8/22/17 I placed an online order with Kmart for beach items. A beach umbrella, towel & chair. On 8/24/17 my package arrived (via UPS) but in it was 3 heavy cases of cat food & a gas can! I called customer service right away to tell them I received the wrong order. I was told by the customer service rep that my options were to return the box to a Kmart myself or take it to a UPS location for return and they would email me a label to print out. Really? I was in disbelief that they would make such a suggestion for THEIR error. I told them that I would do no such thing. Not only because they had no idea if I even had the means to travel to any Kmart... on top of the fact that the box was extremely heavy... but simply because this was an error on their part & they should take full responsibility & send UPS back to pick up the package!

They arranged to have UPS come back out & told me I'd receive an email letting me know which day. In the meantime I was out of my beach items! I was told I would have to re-order them & for my inconvenience they would deduct 5% from each item. I was also told that when they received the package back to their warehouse I would be issued a full refund for my original order. Reluctantly, I placed an additional order as I needed the items for my beach trip. Unfortunately, the chair was no longer available, which was a disappointment, so I just re-ordered the umbrella & towel. That order arrived, correctly, the following week as well as UPS to retrieve the package (by the way, I never did receive notification by email when UPS would be arriving as I was told I would).

Fast forward to 9/3/17, I called Kmart customer service to check on the status of the return & my refund. They had no record of a return. I was then asked did UPS leave tracking info with me. I told them I wasn't sure I could find it & couldn't remember the exact day they came but since Kmart was who arranged the return of the package from my home that they should have some type of electronic record of it as well. After being put on hold several times I was told by the rep that they located the tracking number & it showed that UPS had picked up the package from my home on 8/31/17 & my refund should be processed in 48 hours. Instead, I received an email from Kmart the following day acknowledging that I called but that they had in fact NOT located the tracking number (or return) so I would have to provide them with that information.

I was too frustrated at the time to deal with them & took a few days to gather my bearings & was hoping for better news the next time I called. Tonight, 9/6/17, was a complete horror story with Kmart's customer service. I spoke with 4 different reps who each found a way to eventually disconnect me!! The first rep I spoke with started out very nice & understanding after I explained the situation. He said he didn't want us to end the call with me unsatisfied. (He failed miserably!) He even went as far as to begin to process the refund. When I asked him what the total of the refund would be (so that I could verify he was refunding the right order) I realized it wasn't the correct amount & that he was refunding me for the second order I placed instead of the original! Remember, the original order included 3 items (umbrella, towel & chair) that was FULLY paid for but didn’t receive!

I placed the second order (spending MORE money) but only received the beach umbrella & towel because the chair was no longer available. So in essence, I was being shorted the amount of the chair I originally paid for. When I tried explaining this his entire demeanor changed. He became rude & was no longer customer friendly. It was clear he had reached the peak of his training & no longer knew how to accommodate the call. He placed me on hold & I mysteriously ended up being connected to the Spanish speaking department. I hung up & called back. I get the 2nd rep & now I'm more frustrated than ever as each call means explaining the situation all over again. This time I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold as I was told a supervisor was being located. When the rep got back on the line I was informed I was being transferred to a supervisor.

I was so relieved to finally be able to speak with someone with more authority who could potentially fix my problem with ease. It wasn't so. A few seconds later I was met with a dial tone. Refusing to give up I place a 3rd call. I get a rep by the name of Vincent. He was very accommodating & pleasant. I thought the call with him was going quite well. It seems that he may have even already knew a bit about my plight... perhaps by notes left on my account, by talk amongst the customer service reps in the office or both. Either way I felt confident this was the last call I'd have to make & that my refund would be on its way. I was placed on hold for a few minutes after being told he was going to try & process my refund. However, when he came back on the line it was cut off & I was yet again, listening to a dial tone.

I call back a 4th time, I let the new rep know I was disconnected several times & that I'd like to speak with Vincent, the last rep I was speaking with. She blatantly did not honor my request... she said "I'm sorry ma'am could you give ME your order number". I can't remember being more frustrated & angry than I was in that moment. I had no more kindness or patience left & I let more than one profanity slip out. Still, the call was heading in a positive direction. With Rep #4, I also got up to the point of being told I would have my refund processed. She even verified the correct refund amount.

When she said she wanted to put me on hold I almost begged her not to. I couldn't deal with another disconnection after being so seemingly close to my refund yet again! I decided to take my chances and allow her to place me on hold. And as fate would have it, after a few minutes, the call disconnected. My efforts for my refund have ceased for the night but I intend to get in touch with the corporate office tomorrow. My treatment by Kmart is absolutely inexcusable that started with THEIR error. This experience has left me with no desire to do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My son and daughter-in-law received a bassinet as a gift for their premie. They had a boy and the bassinet was pink. They went into Kmart to exchange it and were told there are no exchanges without a receipt and the receipt has to be within 30 days of purchase. I told them to let my husband (pappy) handle it. He called corporate who told him no exchanges or returns without a receipt and it must be within 30 days. Both my son and my husband said the people they spoke with were extremely rude. So, I called the corporate office and asked to speak with the CEO. I was told "NO!" and hung up on. I guess there are a lot of unhappy customers out there asking for the same thing.

So, I called back and asked for customer service. I politely explained my situation and was told the same thing. I asked if there was any way to file paperwork or something for an exception. I was told no but this lady was very pleasant. I asked her name. It was Gail. When I receive nice customer service I like to make it a point to let the retailer know so they can notice that the person facing the public is doing a good job. Gail did her best to help me. She told me that while I could not return or exchange the bassinet that she would give me $65 in points so I could go to the store and get one. My grandson was about to leave the NICU and come home. She told me to give her a minute to log the call because they get audited and need to make sure they justify the reasoning. She also told me to wait 24 hours before I go to the store so she is sure the points would post.

I went to the store yesterday and when I went to check out the points weren't there. The manager on duty called the points department for me on their phone so I could talk to them. I was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to clear up this issue. The points department could not see a log of my previous call with Gail. Since the call was to corporate the representative (Saudia) said it may be better if I call corporate back. I explained that I was at the store and my items were sitting there in check out and asked if she could get a manager and possibly help me. I was continually put on hold.

So many times that I called the corporate customer service back. I spoke with Marcy this time. She checked my rewards number and told me the same thing that Saudia was telling me. There was no record of the call. After I explained my issue/situation a third time Marcy told me that it was against company policy to help me and she doubted this woman (Gail) would have given me $65 in points and she was NOT going to give them to me either. But Marcy can look up the logs by the phone number used when placing the call. So, after close to an hour and a have she found the log from Gail using my phone number. She now could see I was not telling a lie! Marcy issued the credit. I checked out my items. I will NEVER step foot in a Kmart or Sears again!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased an item on July 17, 2017. It was my first purchase from Kmart. I attempted to return it with original receipt on August 17, 2017. When I arrived at the store I went directly to the customer service desk. There was no one there. After waiting 10 minutes I didn't see any workers anywhere so I decided to look around a bit. When I returned to the service desk I gave them my item and the original receipt. She said I could not return this item because it was more than 30 days. (It was actually 31 days). I asked if I could get a store credit. I was told, "No returns or exchanges after 30 days". I asked if I could exchange the size. I was told, "No returns or exchanges after 30 days". I asked if I could speak to a manager. She said "Nope. No returns or exchanges after 30 days". That was my first and last purchase from K-Mart. Beware of their strict return/exchange policy before you make purchases. I wasn't and now I am stuck with a top that does not fit me.

Kmart Company Information