Kmart

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I did a lot of Christmas shopping at Kmart a couple days before Christmas. One of the bags containing 2 pair of pants were not included when the sales clerk handed me all my other bags. I did not know this until I opened the bags & went through the items to pack the presents. I came down with the Flu on Christmas day & was diagnosed with influenza A the next week when I got far worse & told to stay in the house and stay away from others as I was contagious by the doctor. I was extremely sick in bed for weeks. I called & explain this dilemma to the store & was told to bring the receipt into the store so I told them I would when I could when not as sick.

I went back to the store on Monday Jan 9th. The store manager did not care what I was told on the phone by the store or that I had a receipt, did not care I could point to who the sales clerk was who made the mistake. I found the same pairs of pants that were put back in store even though they were the only ones in that size when I bought them. This is maddening. I bought items & they would not let me have what I bought. It is criminal theft of service. Kmart on South 41st St. in Allentown Pa. Store manager simply does not care. I saw a customer before me without a receipt get cash back but I got no consideration. I will tell everyone who cares & never shop there again unless they straighten this out for me. Thank you.

I paid for the set online, which they said they had the item in stock. I have no item, no refund. I paid for it January 2, 2017 it's January 9, 2017 still no refund to my account. I talk to several at Kmart about the situation. I will never shop there again and would suggest no one else shop there either. I understand why they're going out of business. Next step calling BBB on Kmart.

Kmart has a hard and fast, un-movable 30-day return policy. However they have nerve of counting online purchases from the date of the order NOT the date it was received by the customer. I waited over a week for my delivery yet when I went to return it I was told it was the 32nd day. WHAT? I in fact was 5 days before their deadline considering when I had it in my possession. This was during the holiday shopping time frame. Most retailers extend the courtesy of a bit more time to return. Nope not Kmart. Ludacris.

I placed an order for 5 items in late November that were all listed in stock. My PayPal account was immediately charged for the entire amount. However, about an hour later I received an email saying that part of the order was OOS and they automatically readjusted which items I would be getting and the amount I would be charged, without my prior authorization. I decided to pickup the remaining items as I did want them even though they basically cancelled my original order made a completely new one without my consent. I contacted their customer service to confirm I would be getting a refund and they said I would get one within 7-10 days. 10 days later, no signs of a refund.

I called again and again they said 7-10 days. It's already over a month now and after half a dozen phone calls, all I keep hearing is it's processing and I'll get a refund within 7-10 days every single week. They won't even tell me the amount that is processing for refund, probably because the amount is zero. This is basically fraud. At this point the only way I would see getting any of my money back would be to hire a lawyer. This company is criminal and rest assured I will never purchase anything from Sears or Kmart ever again in my life.

Customer service is non existent these days. I went in Kmart.com and put a trampoline on layaway. I paid the layaway off 12/09/16. I come to the store to pick up my item and they can't find it. A huge trampoline is somehow lost! But the crazy part, they don't tell me they can't find it. I wait 45 minutes and no one says anything to me. I finally got tired of waiting and ask for my receipt back to pick it up later. Now someone wants to tell me they can't locate it. I left the store and called corporate. The "customer service" rep hangs up on me three times. I finally file my complaint and ask for a call from the district manager.

Well, here it is 12/16/16 and I have not received my call from the district manager. Come back to the store and guess what they claim they have the trampoline but I'm still waiting. Haven't seen it yet. Manager on duty has an attitude. So since the District manager doesn't want to call me, I'll take that number and call him. Yep, I'll take another thirty minutes out of my day just to go off. And you want to give me shop your way points... Why? This will definitely be my last purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Tried to return a toy that was purchased for my nieces birthday. I decided on a different toy but when I tried to return it to the Kmart store the clerk said "you can't return this. It's been longer than 30 days." When I questioned her she only kept telling me it's store policy. I had a receipt and it was not opened. So I am stuck with a toy I have no use for. I see why Kmart is failing and they will be completely out of business with company policies like that. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT ANOTHER KMART AGAIN!

I order during Cyber Monday and it was stated that if you ordered from the Cyber items you would only have to spend $30.00 for free shipping. I did that between the two stores and my order came to over $45.00. I ended up paying over $60.00 as both stores charged shipping. Then the Sears package did not have an item in the box that I ordered. It was for $8.99. I called Sears and the woman said she would send it out but it would cost me another $5.00+ for shipping. I told her never mind, just cancel the items and return my money to my account. She said it would be about 3 to 5 days. I just got an email today and they said they are returning $6.34 instead of the $8.99 and that it would take 3 to 5 days. I lost over $20.00 on an order that was supposed to be a "Cyber Monday" sale. That is a lot of money. I WILL NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH KMART OR SEARS AGAIN.

Maybe it does not sound like a lot of money, but it is to me. I am retired and live on a fixed income. I AM VERY UPSET AND ANGRY THE WAY THEY SLEAZE THEIR WAY OF MAKING IT SOUND LIKE A SALE, but cost me even more than the regular price of the items were in the first place. I have always been a loyal customer but no more. I will take my business elsewhere and tell family and friends to do the same!!! I cannot submit a receipt as all I have is the print out with the prices. I did this transaction on the internet, but you do not get a receipt. It is however, on my bank account which I can mail to you. I do not want to send any information of that nature to you on the internet. Thank you.

I recently ordered several things via Kmart's site that came from both their warehouse Sears. I placed my order, and their system charged my order by the location it was coming from--making about 6 or 7 separate charges for the SAME order. Naturally, my bank SUSPENDED my account due to suspicious activity after they charged me five times. I had to call my bank twice and sit on customer service chat with three different Kmart reps for about two HOURS, and in the end all they could tell me was "try your order again in 24 hours" after trying to charge my card again about 10 times. No apology for this. No nothing.

I could have gone to buy groceries after placing my order and my debit card would have been declined because of this company's screw-up if my bank hadn't notified me of what happened. Customer service reps on chat obviously didn't speak English as even a passable second language. Will never shop with this lumbering corpse of a business anymore and for good reason.

I ordered stuff online on black Friday. They offered free shipping. Half of my items were shipped. The other half never left Kmart facility! Now they can't ship to store for pickup because it's been 8 days. Now they want to refund and start the process all over again, but what about the sale price? They also left the apartment number off the shipping label which means it needs to be picked up through UPS! Nothing about the dealings with this company has been pleasant and just know that when you order through the website, you are only MAYBE purchasing something since they don't guarantee that they will ship it out.

I purchased a ride on battery operated train for my son's birthday at Kmart.com. I knew I shouldn't have ordered from here because I have had many issues with past orders, but this was one of 2 stores selling this item. So next day I received the email showing it has shipped. Couple of days later I get a tiny box from Kmart. The shipping label is correct but inside is a Christmas decoration and not my son's gift. So I look at the packing list and it is someone else's order/receipt. I immediately call customer service and the rep wasn't even apologetic even after explaining my order is a gift. She could not explain where my item was and all I could do was be sent a return shipping label and be responsible for dropping it off at UPS. I was told that I can have a second train shipped but I needed to give them my credit card for a second charge.

Needless to say I refused. For my refund I have to wait for this other person's order to be returned and received to them and then I have to wait 5-7 days. I am now out almost $100 for the time being and my son will have a late birthday gift. Not to mention this other person will also not receive their order, which I received and had to return. And of course when I tried to give the rep the other person's order number so that they know this order was sent to the wrong address I was told that it wasn't necessary and really no reason to care about it.

I received a shirt that was missing a button, the type of shirt it is cannot be worn without looking goofy with a missing button. I called them and spoke with them on the phone and they would not correctly resolve the issue. They would not send me a non damaged item and when I asked if they could at least pick up the item for a return since I have no way to return it, they wanted to charge me $7 to return a shirt! In the past I have ordered from here all the time, but this experience has turned me so off. How could they send me a damaged item and not resolve the issue?!? STAY AWAY! I am NEVER shopping at Kmart/Sears again! They don't deserve the service!

I made an online order which contained big and small items so I opted for the 5 minute in vehicle service. I received an email stating my order was ready for pick up. I arrive at the store and they said the order is in, but no items were listed. I showed them my email itemized receipt. They wrote down the items and had a staff member look for my order in their "pick up" compartments. She barely looked through the items and went about her business again without communicating to anyone that she stopped looking for the items.

I spoke with another rep that I thought came to help me, but he just happened to be another employee aimlessly wandering around. He said he would help and I never saw him again. I pulled aside four other staff members at different times asking for help and nothing happened. They all pretended to work, but hid away somewhere without telling anyone that I was still there waiting for my order.

Half an hour in I got fed up and called the online customer service line to get my items shipped. The first rep tried to call the store, but no one was picking up the phone as I physically stood there and watched them ignore the ringing phone. I requested to speak to a manager from the online service and that case manager was no help either. She kept stating everything looked clear on her end. Sure it's clear for her, but it was also clear to me as I physically stood in the store with no help. She stated she needed to talk to anyone in the store to help resolve my issue, but I was told to stand in line again when I requested the customer service rep to speak with their fellow customer service rep on the phone. In store and online services failed me.

I had to pull the manager, Chantele, aside multiple times to remind her that the staff she delegated to had not brought up one single item. She eventually pulled the items herself and retrieved my information stating she would credit me through my rewards program for the inconvenience. She took down my order number, phone number, and name on a piece of paper, but stated she didn't need my reward membership. Clearly she was just using this excuse to clear my order because I have not seen any credit to my account. This is the Hayward, CA store. But I would avoid KMART in general along with their affiliate, SEARS, because not only did they fail in store, they failed online, and on the phone.

I order online Wrist Blood Pressure Meter on Nov 10. I was able to use $15.00 in reward points, so my purchase price was only $8.58. Pretty minimal compared to what I was buying. That was until I received notification that my order will be ready to pick up by Nov 21 at Sears Store close to my home. I was at Sears on the expecting delivery date but my surprise was that they do not have any item for me, also I was told that my order does not exist. I contacted customer service to be told that my order was delivered by UPS since Nov 15 at Sears Store. I went back to Sears with the print information from Kmart where state that the delivery was received by one of the employee, but I get the same response that they do not have any delivery.

I contacted customer services again. I requested refund of my money. I was told that in 3 to 5 days they will be refund my money. After waiting for 6 days I call back and ask for a supervisor. He send an email with my $15 dollars on rewards, I still waiting to get my refund on my credit card that I used to pay $8.58. I do not recommended to buy any thing on Kmart online. Is not a reliable and trustful store.

I purchased 3 items online (newsboy hat and two pair of boots) for a bargain price of $18.77. I was able to use $15.00 is reward points, so my purchase price was pretty minimal compared to what I was buying. That was until I received notification that the hat was out of stock. However, when I received notification that my boots were ready to pick-up the price I was paying was the same amount-$18.77. What happened to the hat charge that should of been taken off? I contacted customer service to be told the hat was out of stock and my debit card had been charged the full amount.

Okay, I already know this since I received more than one email giving me the breakdown. When I asked why I was being charged the same amount, all I was told is that was the amount of my order. No, that was the amount with the hat and that item was not in stock. I guess they don't allow their representatives to think outside the box and actually give customer service, so that was a lost cause. I'm in the process of cancelling my order, and I told Kmart they were stealing money out of my account because the amount they took was for all the items I purchased.

Purchased a set of glasses at local K-Mart store. Shortly thereafter my wife had to be admitted to the hospital and I had no time to check the glasses. Upon her release, I looked at the glasses and discovered they were defective (sharp edges and malformed shapes). Brought the glasses back to K-Mart the next day and was told I was one day too late to return them. Explained the situation and they would do nothing. Called K-Mart corporate "customer solution department" and they also told me tough luck. Will never, ever shop at a K-Mart store again They treat their customers like trash.

Previously when I bought clothing online fulfilled by Sears, I could return to the Kmart store in a nearing town. Mind you. I went twice to try and return 2 items and could not even with the order number. I like some of the clothing but to make 2 trips 30 miles or so away and to be told no return except in a Sears store (even further) I will not be ordering Sears online and probably will not patronize that store anymore. Highly disappointed in Kmart/Sears.

I've purchased several items from bedding to clothing and rugs at Kmart. Every item has an awful perfume smell that is sickening and hard to wash out. Most people don't know that perfumes whether it be in detergent or lotion or whatever, is made from toxic chemicals. Some people react to these toxins more heavily than others and I happen to be one of those people. I won't shop where toxins are in every department and in every item.

I was charged two charges in the amount of 359.70 total amount of $719.40. I attempted to make a purchase using the Kmart Kiosk on August 27 AT the Valencia California location. The Kmart website appeared to be having issues because it was not providing me a confirmation page. Since the transaction was not going through the in-store employee said she would ring me up in store. So I purchased the product in store and I was assured that I was not charged online.

Unfortunately, the website did charge me, but not only it charged me it twice charged my account. I did not receive any products from this online transaction. I did not receive a confirmation email or a order number. The only proof I have is my bank statement.

I have been calling the customer service number and they are unable to locate this charges using my debit card number. According to customer service, there are no records and they did not see any proof the funds. I disputed the charges through my bank and they are unable to get a hold of anyone at Kmart. No one at Kmart knows how to assist me. Each person I spoke to they keep referring me to someone else. Horrible customer service.

I purchased a gold bracelet. It broke after 30 days. I called the warranty company. Every rep have me a different response when handling the claim for example: cancellation of the plan, a gift card, a refund. When I asked to do any of the aforementioned I was refused. I called my credit card company. I am disputing the charge. I will take the item back. I live over an hour from a store. I purchased a bracelet before from Kmart. It broke and I lost it. Junk and zero customer service.

$220 for shipping and won't be arriving for 2 weeks after. They promised ship date. I called customer service and an indian skank in india refused to let me speak with her manager and then hung up on me. I will never buy another ** thing from Kmart.com.

The Kmart store in Stevensville, MD is the worst store I've ever been forced to purchase from. Without going into a 5000 word diatribe I will summarize it as such; filthy, smells, they never have what you need, plants are half dead, staff seem miserable and despite the lines being short it still takes FOREVER to check. It's beyond words.

I ordered an art set, my order was canceled because they didn't have it available. Their website was showing it available so I called customer services and I was told it was a computer error but the set was available. I submitted a new other and two days later I got a new E-mail stating the order was canceled because the set was unavailable. I called customer services again, I was told the same thing. The customer service agent asked me if I wanted to place the order but I will have to pay $8 more than what it was. I decided not to order from Kmart anymore.

I purchased a combo pack of hp ink cartridges roughly 3 weeks ago. A few days ago I replaced the old cartridges with the new cartridges I purchased at Kmart. My printer kept reading error and wouldn't let me print. Yesterday I took the cartridges back to Kmart to exchange them for a new set. I talked to a lady in customer service. She says to go get another box and we can exchange them. I bring back a new box. She says "do you have your receipt?" Didn't keep my receipt and I paid cash! She then tells me she cannot exchange the ink because I have no receipt and I didn't use my debt card. Ink cartridges aren't cheap! Talked to the manager. She said the same thing. I was so pissed off!!! I now have ink cartridges that are no good to me and out $40. This store was so uncaring and never apologized. DON'T SHOP AT KMART!!!

I purchased a pair of boots for boot camp type training. I brought them to my supervisor for approval. I was told they weren't what they wanted. I went to return them on day 32 and was refused. I contacted Kmart customer service and they were no help. They just kept reciting the 30 day policy from a book. We can't override it. I asked for a supervisor. He couldn't help either. I asked for his supervisor. She doesn't speak to customers. I have to travel over an hour and fifteen minutes from work to get here. I am livid. Nobody wants to override the 30 day policy for being 2 days over. Now I'm stuck with a pair of $45 boots I'll never wear. This is horrible customer service. I get having a policy in place, but to not be willing to override it for a loyal customer for going 2 days over? I will never shop Kmart or Sears again. Walmart treats their customers better!

The boots still have the tags on them, I have the receipt and the original box. No damage to anything. I think it's ridiculous that a store won't help out their customers. And they won't give me a phone number to anyone higher up than their customer service reps. I will be writing bad reviews EVERYWHERE on this chain. There is no good reason to refuse to take back a return other than citing store policy. Policies can be overridden and should be to keep a loyal customer happy. I have the option to go to a Walmart much closer to home but choose to go to Kmart due to all the crazies in Walmart. Not anymore. I'll go to Walmart with a box of popcorn, do my shopping and watch the show. Free entertainment. What more could I ask for? Goodbye Kmart. I'll be shredding my rewards card when I get home. You can keep your 21,319 points.

I used to shop a lot at Kmart. I spent a lot of money there through the years. I ordered train pajamas for my toddler train enthusiast last new years. I went to Kmart to pick it up and when I arrived home realized they had given me someone else's order! I drove back to the store. I have young kids so this is not an easy feat for me. The cashier was completely unapologetic, began blaming me for not checking in the store. A simple apology would have gone a long way. He progressed into the rudest behavior I have ever encountered in retail - and I used to be a retail manager. I let him know his behavior was unacceptable and I would be complaining about him to corporate. Another worker nearby began huffing about me and how she was going to beat me etc... The manager came but he was a trembling little man who seemed terrified of these thuggish employees. In no way was he qualified to be their manager.

I contacted Kmart corporate and they never apologized. They never rectified the situation or took disciplinary action against their employee. So I concluded that they obviously do not value my business, took the hint and have not shopped there in the last year and a half. It is not secret why they are going out of business. They are horrible, hire lazy incompetent, rude employees and don't value their customers.

I have purchased 17 pairs of Basic Edition's women's ankle denim jeans made in Bangladesh from several Kmarts. They had a bad odor to them so I washed them before I wore them. When I wore them, my body broke out in a bad rash. The odor got worse after I washed them. I washed them a total of 26 times and hung them on the clothesline. I used Tide, OxyClean, vinegar, and Arm and Hammer baking soda. None of the products could get rid of the odor. I kept 1 pair and took the rest back to the store.

Three weeks later as my friend drove me in her car, both she and I experienced burning eyes, nose, and throat. Even the sales clerk at one of the Kmarts had the same symptoms when I returned the jeans to her. I observed the jeans I returned were back on the shelf to be sold to other customers. I could tell they were because I had restapled the tag on with 2 staples. I kept 1 pair, my friend had them tested and it came out positive for formaldehyde. When I had the jeans in a pile in my house, the odor burned my throat. I took them out to the garage to store them and my throat no longer burned. I hope to God you could stop these pants from being sold. How dare these jeans be sold to poor innocent people to endanger their health.

Whynotleaseit is a horrible scam, a predatory lender. Don't use. It's not a lease to own, and some items you cannot return so you lease an item for 18 months after which you must buy the furniture/item at an inflated price or continue for the rest of your days to lease. After the first 5 months you can do a buyout but again it's an inflated price. Don't get caught up with this company. You end up paying $2,700 for an item only worth $700! KMART employees do not explain the lease, they probably don't even understand it. Predators, shame on you KMART for allowing WHYnotleaseit to take advantage of your customers! Especially my clients on fixed income. Sad!

I ordered a fry pan the end of July, it was shipped to the store here in Ocala. I went to pick it up and could find no one to wait on me. After a half hour of running from one side of the store I left and complained to Kmart. They were very nice and shipped another one to my house and sent me another bill for the fry pan. I called them and explained to them and they said credit memo ** had been issued and my credit card would be credited. 45 days have passed. Can find no one to speak with this at Kmart.

I will now have to take my time and my money to call Capital One and file a complaint. My phone is expensive but no one will return my call. Don't shop at Kmart as they don't have enough people working to even keep all the doors open. Garden Center doors were locked from the outside, don't know if they can be opened from the inside and if not, that would be a violation. Seems they have no problem charging my account twice but a big problem giving me my credit.

Updated on 10/10/2016: "Dear Dixie, Thank you for contacting Kmart.com. In regard to Order **, we have received your request for cancellation. As per our records, item has been picked up from the store on 08/28/16. If there is any dispute, I request you to kindly contact the store. If you have any comments or questions, please chat with us now for assistance."

This is the stupid answer I received on this complaint. They lie. And this is after a supervisor said he would have them call me as I told them no way was I going down and argue with fools, and if it's gone, somebody stole it and it was not me. I have the copy of the transcript saying he will contact me. Thank God for my great credit card company.

I've been dealing with this nightmare for weeks. Everything from the website cart to the real issue of my refund. I will skip most details and just tell you that I did place an order. I only got part of that order. Here comes the confusing part. They also sent me someone else's order. So in order to receive my refund I must send back the other person's shirt. (SO I HAVE SOME RANDOM LADY'S SHIRT AND SHE APPARENTLY HAS MINE. KMART SHIPPING MIXED THEM UP.) Okay, no big deal but not my mistake.

When you call, the only thing they care about is fixing their mistake. No refund for you. Just get that $5.99 shirt back to Kmart. Get this, at my expense. My drive time. My printer. My ink. My paper. Oh yes you guess it, my postage. If I don't, no refund for the shirt that I ordered that I never received. Yeah... no. This concept is mind blowing to Kmart. That I had no intentions of sending it back without a prepaid label. I did finally get one after 2 days of phone calls and 2 45 of my life I'll never get back. But I still have to get it to UPS somehow. I live 1 hour from any city. Again, receiving someone else's shirt I did not order is not my problem. This is not customer service this is Kmart taking care of Kmart. I was told that they would give me $7.00 of credit on my Sears thank you card for a UPS pick up. I had to laugh at the rep, never will I use Sears or Kmart again. This is just the icing on the cake, there was so much more.

Items changing price after checkout, items dropping after being put into your cart, unidentified shipping charges after you meet the free amount. It goes on. And just to add salt to the wound, the instructions were very clear to return shipping with the kind of packing I could use even down to the line and width of tape I could use. Kinda picky when I'm doing them the favor. You're welcome. And BTW, still haven't seen my refund. Just shop elsewhere. I completely understand why Kmart is going out of business.

Ordered 2 boys jackets BOGO online. Order was processed & credit card charged. After order was shipped I received an email with a tracking number and receipt for 1 jacket & statement that 2nd jacket was canceled. Reason for cancellation was item "out of stock". Did not get an offer or opportunity to either cancel entire order or substitute another jacket before shipment, and Kmart sent half the order, "sorry too late to cancel, already shipped." Spent 2 hours on phone with Kmart customer service. No help and no satisfaction.

Went online while with Kmart customer service and same jacket that was canceled was still being offered in all sizes and was able to place item in cart for delivery as though I were ordering. Again was told that it was not available but had not yet been updated that it was out of stock. Now I will be returning 1 jacket as they would not send a comparable item for substitution of canceled jacket. Kmart reps told me to return the shipped jacket and order two more if I wanted as BOGO was still on promotion. Wow, No Kmart for me ever again.

Kmart Company Profile