2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (1532 ratings)

About Kmart

Kmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kmart?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I went to Kmart to do some Christmas shopping for my seven kids, because money is short at the moment. On the 24/12/19 I brought two $25 gift cards and a $50 gift card, I then gave them to my kids for Christmas so that we could all go together to the Boxing Day sales. My son that is 15 years old had the $50 gift card and tried to buy some clothes. When the boy that worked at Kmart helped him with the gift card it didn’t work. The boy then said that he couldn’t help us because we didn’t have the receipt with us and that it was a holiday that we would have to come back the next day with the gift card and the receipt. So the next day I take the gift card and the receipt back to Kmart and I am told to call the number on the back so still in Kmart I call the number.

I speak to a man that then tells me the gift card with not issued properly and ask to speak to someone at the store because I told him that was where I was calling from. They speak and then I’m told that I’m to send a email with a picture of the receipt and the back of the card to the gift card people and that someone would be in touch. This was the 26/12/19, so I wait. Then on the 02/01/20 I decide to email them again about the gift card and then they call me saying that we had spent $30 on the card that was not working, and that they could see from their end that was not properly issued from Kmart in the first place. Kmart themselves made me feel like I had stole it and now the gift card people are making me feel the same way, I will never buy a Kmart gift card ever again this was a gift for my son I felt so bad that it didn’t work for him, but I got paid two day later and got him a big W gift card and we didn’t have a problem.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I was at this store on 12/14/19 around 1230pm and waited in line at customer service for over 15 minutes and then went shopping in store. The store had flyers advertising Blow Out sales for the day and if you texted CHEER to 56278 you would get $5.00 off purchase of $15.00 dollars or more. I followed instructions and texted and got a response text back. I purchased over $26.00 in merchandise and showed cashier my response text for $5.00 off. She stated she didn't know how to process it. I had to ask her to find someone who did, she had another cashier come over who also didn't know how to process.

I ended up waiting for the main store manager to come over who attempted to move my backpack with personal items and items I purchased elsewhere and library books away from me. I had to stop him from doing so. He seemed bewildered and confused about coupon and finally figured it out and stated I needed coupon before transaction started. I asked to have sale voided and re-rung since I had signed up for coupon. The cashier re-rang items and I still did not get my $5.00 off. The store manager said there was nothing he could do even though I followed all rules and steps of coupon. I felt this was a bait and switch operation on the part of Kmart to get more sales for their failing businesses.

I asked for a complaint number to call so I could find out why I wasn't being given the advertised discount, he rattled off a phone number and I asked him if he could write it down and told him then I only wanted to purchase about $10.00 worth of merchandise that I really wanted and I also asked him for his name. He then became irate and ordered me out of store or he was going to call the police. It is very poor customer service when a store manager will not give his name, corporate customer service number for complaints and feels that a lower dollar amount purchase by a customer is not good enough and he, the store and the entire company can do without the sale or your business. I see why Sears and Kmarts are closing up and out of business. They have forgotten the main rules of customer service and caring.

After this weekend this Kmart will be the only Kmart store left in the state of Minnesota and probably along with Sears wont be around much longer. This was not the first time I had an issue at that Kmart store or with that store manager. Over a year ago I purchased a cell phone (when they still sold cell phones) and it was missing the charger plug. I called the store and spoke to that same manger who was rude today and was harassed over the phone before he finally said he would get me a charger plug. I returned the entire phone the next day for a full refund. I should have known then not to go back and shop Kmart or Sears.

I called in shortly after the 12/14/19 incident to Kmart complaint number listed on the internet and was given runaround by their automated system and people I ended up being transferred to. I ended up speaking to a woman named Dane (? she did not give spelling of name) who seemed very inexperienced, never asked for my name, address, phone number, store or location I was calling about but kept insisting she was sending to a district manager. I asked her how she knew where to send when she didn't have any details. I had to repeatedly go over what happened and where and had to repeatedly ask her what I had said and she repeatedly had wrong information. She also chastised me for not following the rules of coupon purchase and kept telling me I needed to make purchase at a store which I had done and then told me coupon is only good at Sears which I repeatedly told her that I had flyer in hand and it says at Kmart store.

This woman has listening problems and poor customer service skills as she was trying to make it my fault. I repeatedly told her I followed all rules and I wanted a district manager to call me on this. I also asked to speak to her supervisor or someone else and she refused. I kept telling her that I was not to blame and did not like being made to feel it was my fault by her and repeated ask that we move on and continue with complaint. She continued to berate and chastise me and disconnected call when I tried to get her to take my name and information. She also never gave me a case number so I doubt my complaints will ever be logged or entered. I wasted over 40 minutes on call before she disconnected call without me finishing my complaint or getting my personal information for a return call from a district manager. I can see why kmart and sears have slipped so far to the bottom of the retail barrel and are struggling without any hope of survival.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Kmart Pharmacy is a first class Pharmacy, used Kmart Pharmacy in South Alabama for years before they closed, they were great and always helpful! Hated to see it close! It's hard to find a good pharmacy! The Pharmacy is one Dept. KMART EXCELS IN!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am very disappointed in the layaway experience I recently received. For starters I went online to make a payment and was unable to. I had to call several times on different days to find out that I could only make a payment to my order with the original mode of payment I used to start the layaway. This is such an inconvenience, if I have an account + SYW WHY??? I digress!!!

Well the main reason for this review is during my third payment I was unable to pay for both my layaways. After some research I found out they had returned one. I don’t understand how they returned one and not the other. (The o e they returned had more money on it of course) The layaway that was not returned I started weeks before the other one. If they were both supposedly late then why were they both not returned if this was the case. How did I not find this out until I made payment on the other.

I get text, & emails all day long from Kmart, but never got one that I missed a payment, my due date was approaching, or it was in jeopardy of being returned! Go figure! This was really disappointing because the items were for my sick mother. I will think twice before making another layaway or purchase from Kmart. Beware of making layaways or purchases from Kmart since most of the stores are closed. There are difficulties in making contact and getting answers! You get transferred around from Kmart to Sears and no one can give you answers or resolutions. Very Disappointed Customer!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I ordered a number of items online. If you ordered $39 or more you were supposed to be able to receive free shipping. I chose Free Shipping for each item and double-checked the total. AFTER I clicked Payment, the order total changed and shipping charges were added, but there was no way to cancel the order. There was a link that said you needed to go to the Order Center to cancel, but when you went to the Order Center, there was just a list of the items, no way to cancel. There is no way to contact anyone or get help. There are a buncha links that don't work or lead you in circles. Every time I try to order something, I get ripped off.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This is a review of my online shopping experience with Kmart. I never received the correct item, so I am unable to review the Disney Fairies Pilot Case I ordered. I ordered the pilot case for my daughter for our vacation. It was a last minute purchase as I had planned to pack my daughter's things in my suitcase, but realized I would not have enough space. I paid for expedited shipping to ensure I received it in time. What was shipped to me was a Disney Frozen backpack, not the pilot case.

I spent 27 minutes on hold with customer service only to get someone on the line that had difficulty understanding my reason for calling. His lack of understanding of the English language was a barrier in our conversation, and it became frustrating trying to find different ways to explain I had been shipped an incorrect item after he asked 4 times what was wrong with the item. I was told Kmart would not ship the correct item, and I would have to re-order it if I still wanted it. (At this point, there was not enough time to receive the item before my trip so I did not re-order)

For returning the incorrect item, I was told I would receive an email with a shipping label attached. I was also told I would receive a refund for the item I purchased along with the shipping fees I paid to have it expedited once the incorrect item was received. I received an email, but it did not contain a shipping label. I had to call customer service a second time to have the email re-sent. Again, a long wait and a representative that had difficulty with the English language. I finally got the shipping label and dropped the item off at UPS. When I received my refund, it did not include the refund for the expedited shipping I was promised. It was not worth the time or frustration for me to contact customer service again for the $7 worth of shipping. I will not be shopping Kmart online moving forward.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I live in Marathon Fl and the only big store to shop for clothing, toys and other items in our local KMART STORE. Store: 9224 5561 OVERSEAS HWY MARATHON, FL . 33050 (305)743-9434. Not only can you not find store associates to help you, about 75% of the merchandise is not properly marked or it does not have a price at all. Their clearance items do not have the correct prices and they do not have scanners around the stores in order to check the prices ourselves. I saw two associates on the floor and I asked if they had a hand held scanner and they replied they did not. One of the associates even said that the scanners that were on the floor for the customers to use that the reason they do not have one is because the customers broke them. I am so disappointed and disgusted by this local store. I honestly hope they close this store and open any other store with oriented toward the paying customers.

Original review: July 9, 2019

MAKE SURE YOU CALL THE STORE FIRST TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT IS INDEED THERE BEFORE ORDERING ONLINE!!!! I had the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER... Purchase a Spiderman black suit 6” Spiderman figure for my 7 year old son for pick up at the Bruckner Blvd Store in the Bronx. I never receive an email that day telling me my order was ready for pick up, my mother works in the area so I ask her to go check in to see what the issue was and why there was no communication about my item. The service desk told her the product is not in the store EVEN THOUGH IT SAID “IN STOCK” online. I called Kmart later that day requesting a refund. Of course they gave me the runaround, called back a day or two later to an associate telling me I have to cancel the order through My Go...something department. I spoke with a girl which she pulled my information up and said she will give it to the department and they will call me. B.S.

Almost a week pass and still no one contact me. I call the store again and a girl told me the system was down so she was unable to look up my information and to “call back tomorrow.” REALLY SIS??? I’m no fool. I called later that day and finally spoke with My Go...department. The girl cancel my order and said I will receive an email and a refund in 3-5 business day. I got the email but NO REFUND. It’s sad because I thought things were finally coming through not to mention how excited my son was to have this toy.

It’s now week 2 and I call the store ONCE AGAIN. The girl check and says she see my order was successfully cancel and she sorry but I will have to call Kmart customer service to find out why my money hasn’t been sent to my card, I call customer service and spoke with a woman who English sucks. All I heard was, "Check your card in 42-72 hours" for my refund. Why?? It’s been 2 weeks. IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW. IT’S BEEN A WEEK SINCE I SPOKE TO HER AND STILL NO REFUND. I will never order from Kmart again. I had to explain to my son why the store didn’t have his toy and thank god Amazon had it, for $5 more it was well worth it. My Son is happy and that’s all that matters but I will take action against Kmart for this!!! Please don’t bother ordering from Kmart whatever you need. I’m highly sure you can find it on Amazon.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I placed an order and accidentally hit the wrong delivery address. I spent more than 12 hours back and forth trying to get these idiots to understand I don't live there. I literally waited 76 minutes on the phone waiting for someone to pick up... which did me no good. She couldn't understand ENGLISH. I asked for a supervisor. Waited another 38 minutes only to hear... "I'm sorry she's not available." So I guess I paid 80.00 on a shipment I'll never get. I tried calling UPS but they said only the store can change the address. Yeah ok!!! The store said "No I'm sorry. We can't!!" I will NEVER order, buy, or go to Sears or Kmart again!!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Ordered a bedding set that was supposed to arrive 6 days after ordering. It never came and I waited on hold for a long time whenever I tried to call to check on the order status. Today I decided to try the place a new order option. Of course I was directly connected to a representative that ultimately gave me a refund. He tried blaming UPS although tracking stated that it was never dropped off to UPS in the first place. Shady business!

Kmart Company Information