JCPenney

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I order online because the closest JCPenney is 60 miles away. I had found 2 pairs of boots that I liked. One was out of stock, so I ordered my second choice the. After ordering my second choice, within 2 hrs the other became available (go figure, right?). So I ordered my first choice, and since it had been less than two hrs since I placed the order for my second choice, I thought I would cancel it, but couldn't find anywhere on the site to do so. So I called them. The guy said there was no way to cancel it because it was being process. He said once I receive it I could return it for credit or replace it with another. I told him I had already ordered another pair I liked better. He then paused and said "I'm sorry we can't cancel it." I would have to ship it back by more shipping cost or to take it to a store. I had this same issue when ordering jeans. I will not be screwed over for a third time. I will never order or buy from JCPenney ever again.

Today 12/3/16 I was checking my Fico score when I found out that Penney showed that I owed them $100.38. When I called I was a fraudulent charged

made online with a different address which I responsible until they investigate which last 60 days. In the meantime they do not replace the card. When I ask why I had not received a bill they said that it had been sent to a different address; so unlike responsible credit card institutions they let holding the bag for 60 days. When I first called they could authenticate my account because there a different zip code and addresses did not match. Now knowing this they are still holding me responsible for a purchase I did not made. Other card replace the credit card right away. They could see very well that I had nothing to do with the purchase. Highly disappointed customer.

My order was processed quickly and received within one week - satisfied, not today. My order for a white down blanket for Black Friday was $79.99 a wonder of a price... What I received was a cheap 'patch-work throw' - UNBELIEVABLE. The packaging showed down blanket, but what was shipped was incorrect. So, I knew customer service would take care of this problem, right? WRONG! 1-800-322-1189 Spoke with an unknown individual who would only state she was JCPenney customer service agent. She would 'not assist' with placing the correct order, nor with the grievance. She told me I had to ship the order back and if the down-blanket was in stock it would be shipped at the amount it was priced today... Not happy.

Not only was the customer agent not supportive, but she told me I was not the only one who has a bad experience. Really? I'm a professional in my business and would never deliver this type of support to one of my customers. She then told me she would transfer me and the phone call disconnected. I had been waiting 32 minutes originally. I can honestly say that my JCPenney card of 26+ years has been cancelled today and I will NOT be shopping at JCPenney again. AMAZON.com is the only site I will venture to make purchases as they truly support their customer service, refunds, shipments and are a pleasure to deal with. Thank you JCPenney for destroying a long-relationship with poor and utterly non-existent customer service.

I placed a order. Realized it was wrong. Called jcp.com. Waited 18 minutes just to get disconnected... Called back. Waited another 40 minutes, just to be told that they can't cancel it because it is being processed. Well, if I didn't have to wait that long, or if I had the option to cancel it myself I wouldn't be having this problem. Now I have to wait til it arrives at the store... accept it and then return it... It's pretty ridiculous. If has no way of doing a online chat to Fix the problem. I for one and others as I saw will not be placing anymore orders online. Guess they have so many buying, it doesn't really matter to them. Very disappointing.

I was shipped the wrong item for an order I placed online. The reason I placed an order online in the first place was to avoid having to go to the mall. I called customer service and after 10 minutes of being on hold was told I either need to pay for shipping or return it at the store. I tried to question the rep about having to incur the cost of shipping or the cost of my time even when it was completely the company's fault. She hung up on me. I tried to call back but after 10 minutes of being on hold was disconnected. Horrible customer service. The company certainly doesn't make it easy to contact JC Penney reps. Won't be shopping at JC Penney again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Placed order online. Something not right w/ the website. It kept showing the wrong store location for p/u. I changed the store location, placed the order, and the confirmation email came up (again) w/ the wrong store location. I immediately called Penney (no) customer care line. Waited 15 minutes for a guy who sounded like I woke him up to answer. He was unable to assist in changing the location p/u... nor could he cancel the order. Could do absolutely NOTHING to assist. (If they think I'm going to drive 30 miles to p/u a couple of pillows I've got news for them). I've had more customer care at McDonald's. I will NEVER, EVER, shop this pathetic, disgusting store, online or in person, ever again. They've lost a lifelong customer forever, because they're too lazy to assist. I would give zero stars, but it won't let me.

I bought 2 griddles, along with a multitude of other items on Black Friday. The advertised price was $7.99 each. I bought one for my sister-in-law, which she took home to Texas. While reviewing all my receipts, I realized the store charged $20 each, I immediately called the store to alert them and get my $24 back. They said it was a 'rebate' offer - although it must have been microscopic on the sign... and I had to have both original UPC symbols from the boxes.

Since one was now in Texas (and she had already opened and disposed of the box), I called customer service. They were NO HELP! I was told I should have removed the UPC before it left my possession... so how are you supposed to shop for gifts then, hmmmm? If you give a gift - you have to cut up the box prior to giving it out?!? If the advertised deal is only as a rebate - that should be in type the same size as the price - if I had known that, I would have paid the extra $2 at Walmart just to avoid the hassle of applying for a stupid rebate... this store - and their service - SUCKS! I will not bother shopping there anymore on Black Friday... or any day for that matter.

Terrible experience! Waste of my Time! Placed an order on CyberMonday totally approx $300. Received a order confirmation and went to work for the rest of the day. Followed up with emails later and Jc Penney's sent an email stating they canceled my order. Please call them. I did on Tuesday morning and waited on hold for 28 min. They stated they work with a third party company and randomly will cancel higher priced orders until they confirm with client verbally. I confirmed all my information and order to find out that most of what I ordered is not available anymore. Really! Asked to talk to manager and nobody was available. What's the point of CyberMonday if you don't accept online orders. This is absolutely ridiculous! Will never bother shopping or looking at their website again!

I wear 40W/30L pants. I bought 11 pair of JC Penney pants, received by mail yesterday. 10 pair for shipment, bought 1 pair in the store, all were similarly mis-sized. The waist size on all of the pairs was maybe 35", varying by an inch or more depending on which pair of the 11 I was trying on. The rise (crotch to waist) varied so much that on a couple pair, I felt like I was wearing hip huggers. In short, NONE of the pants fit.

I have had this experience once before a couple of years ago, so I guess, from this final experience I will NOT shop Penney again for much of anything. If a company cannot, consistently, get even a waist size right, then there is SOMETHING wrong with the company, or they never provided their mfg plant with tape measures. And considering that these pants were priced at retail of $50, which was heavily discounted to around $15 on sale for the holidays. Had I paid FULL PRICE, I would be considerably more upset than I am.

Thank goodness I did not 'need' these pants for a particular occasion this week, but now I have to go to the mall, return the pants, complain to the "I could give a damn" employees, etc. I will have about $50/pair in time and grief invested in these pants. In fairness, I had a similar experience in sizing (amazing!) from both Dillard's and Kohl's, maybe they all buy from the same inept factory.

My intent is not to offend anyone at all, so I will say what I have to say with due respect. JCPenney, why are you playing Spanish music? We are in the United States of America and the primary language is English. You are part of the problem as to why people do not associate nor adapt. If we were in China, we would be learning Chinese and listening to Chinese music. Complete turn off, I will never shop there again as I felt I was shopping at Cardenas Supermarket. Wow!!!

I am a 24 year cardholder/customer of JCP w/ zero prior account issues. During a 1-2 mos period of family crisis, I missed a payment for a total balance $11.20 on my card (because I had forgot I purchased this $11.20 girls bra prior to school & thought the balance was $). Synchrony Bank didn't have enough decency to phone me even once to resolve the matter, prior to reporting me, & decreasing my longtime $5600 credit to a mere $100. When I called JCP corporate to discuss, they refused to even listen to my complaint, just referred me to Synchrony. No respect, no service, no value to me as a fine customer after all these years (over $11.20). Typical cold corporate attitude. Those words "JCP cares...": meaningless, worthless lie.

I would like to start with that the sales team has been great to deal with. Now for the issue. I have had the delivery company to my home 5 times to pick up an appliance I need to return. I will not bore you with all the details as to why, but it boils down to lies and really bad excuses from the delivery crews as to why they haven't picked up item. I have spoke with the delivery company directly bi-passing JCPenney, and have gotten nowhere with their customer service. Because of who JCPenney uses to deliver their product, I would never recommend buying anything from JCPenney.

A month ago, I bought a lovely quilted bedspread from JCPenney. I put it on the bed And decided I wanted 2 shams and a throw pillow from the set. And that's how this started! So the first time my order arrived at my house I got one king sham and one standard sham. I paid for shipping because it was difficult for me to drive to the mall. I called customer support and they said they could open a case and have somebody call me but I really had to take this back to the store. OK that was not helpful. I had to drive to the store. There, a helpful girl tried to get me the right sham off the shelf, but brought the wrong color. This set comes in pink and green and I'm going for the green. So the pink was returned. The store then ordered another green standard sham for me online.

Yesterday the package showed up, and I thought it was kind of big to be a sham. That's because it was a coat. With a sticker on it that said green sham. So today I had to go back to the store yet again, where everyone was amazed that I had received a coat and brought it back but no one bothered to apologize for all these trips back-and-forth. Once again they have ordered me a standard size Sham. I wonder what I'll get this time.

I am so disappointed. On their page they have a picture of a hutch for sale and that picture includes a changing table... However the changing table was not included. When the hutch came I was very disappointed to discover this. I looked to see if I could buy the changing table and what do you know, they don't sell it anymore, even though they keep a picture of it up. So when I asked to return it I was told I had to pay $75 dollars on top of the $75 delivery fee... So in order to get it returned I had to take a $150 loss. The hutch was $160. I am so mad and upset about this, I don't know if I will ever shop at JCP again. Also, the lady I talked to at JCP online was so rude.

I ordered a cotton nightgown online from J.C. Penney (JCP from here on in). Shipping was free if I picked it up in the store. I was called by a crazy dunning harsh sounding automated call that told me my order was in and if I didn't pick it up in a certain amount of time, it would be sent back. Okay, not the best way to contact your customers with the nasty voice, but still okay. I go to the store and they brought out a bag and asked me to check it. It was a pair of jeans. The clerk, who was struggling with a new computer system was having a horrible time trying to back this out and re-order the nightgown. Thank goodness an older, much more experienced employee was there and she credited the charge back to my card, re-ordered it, told me she would send it to my home for free AND took $10 off the price of the nightgown. I received it within less than a week.

The problem, you ask? I have now gotten multiple E-mails asking me to rate the product. The product is fine, but if you try to rate your experience with JCP, you get sent straight to their shopping site. I haven't called them yet, but I will. Their customer supply system is in shambles. I know that brick and mortar stores are suffering and losing business to online companies and THIS IS WHY: ALL THESE BIG DEPARTMENT STORES WERE ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL WHILE PEOPLE LIKE JEFF BEZOS ATE THEIR LUNCH. That customer service person who helped me needs a raise and a promotion, but I hope she is able to go someplace else and get rewarded for her good sense and intelligence because I doubt JCP will do it.

Ordered dining set by paying $75 for shipping. Shipping came 4 hrs late and the guy was drunk and could hardly lift the item. He just wanted me to sign the paper but upon requesting multiple times, he finally unpacked the items. I was expecting to get 0% Apr but JCP CSR never told me that I needed to make more than $500 transaction. My total was $485 and I just missed the 0% financing. Neither JCP nor Synchrony bank helped me. Very much unsatisfied.

Buyer beware! I bought over $8,000 dollars' worth of blinds and the cord piece breaks in half. When it breaks in half you cannot raise the shades. I was told initially to tape it. This was very disappointing after 2 months of having it installed. 15 years ago I bought blinds from them without a problem. Now everything they seem to make for the windows are with cheap material.

Placed an online order, called within 45 minutes to cancel the order, was told I can't. I noticed a skillet I purchased will not be shipped until March 8-10. This is November 9th., it was going to be a Christmas gift. Why can't I cancel??? Customer Service was no help. Going to cancel the order thru my credit card company and will not order again.

I have attempted to pull up www.jcp.com on my desktop, laptop and iPhone internet to do some Christmas shopping. I repeatedly get an error msg denying access with a reference number. Friends and co-workers have also attempted on different computers and devices with the same result. I contacted JCP cust serv and spoke with Rita from Columbus, OH. She told me that I would have to have my internet provider remove the block from my phone. I mentioned the other computers and devices involved, she did not have an answer. I explained that I wanted to do some shopping and make a credit card payment but would not be able to. She just chuckled and did not seem to care that nothing was resolved. Such frustration and disappointment from a company that prides themselves on longevity and great cust serv. Walmart, Belk and Target here I am. I'm going shopping!!!

I am a very frequent customer of JCP and I usually have no complaints. Today when I was shopping at your store in the Maine Mall in Portland Me, I had several items that I wanted to price check on your customer in-store scanner. I asked the gentleman in the shoe dept where it was located and he told me that they are broken and they weren't going to be fixed because kids keep playing with them. He said that a cashier could help me but that I would have to go to another department because the cashier in the shoe dept called out sick and there was nobody to replace her. HUH??

I was appalled at the customer service provided to me (or not provided) and I think it is ridiculous that the scanners do not work. As you of course know, many times the clearance prices are actually different than the price that is on the item, and I do not feel comfortable waiting in line for the cashier to check each item that I want to price check before purchasing. Needless to say, I walked out of the store without purchasing a thing.

Sale paper for Nov.3-6-- IT'S YOUR DAY SALE. I am a plus size woman. In the past, I have purchased a variety of clothes from your company and was very satisfied. In the aforementioned sale paper, there are 2 pictures of plus size fashions on sale. In my opinion, they are far from flattering. I think there are a lot more styles that could have been used to sell your merchandise. I will, in the future, be considering where I will be purchasing my plus size clothes, maybe elsewhere.

Bought a ring with a service plan, returned to get correct size. Took his ring to get the same size, lady helping me sized it. Didn't know if she added service plan. Again wrong size. She had measured his ring wrong!! No service plan added! Our 20th anniversary Sept. 28. Received correct ring on Oct. 25th!!! Extremely unhappy, very disappointed. Need employees that know what's going on.

On November 1, 2016 my husband and I went to JCPenney appliance department store #2804 to purchase washer/dryer set. All was well until we were informed that we could not use a debit card for the purchase, it had to be credit card. That was the explanation given to us after the card decline. It was then that appliance supervisor, Philip, suggested we put the money on a JCPenney gift card and use it as a credit card to complete the transaction.

We were then notified by the bank of suspicious activities. The account was charged 3 times in the amount of $1183.99, 1046.22 & 137.77. We were told by the sales rep that all 3 transactions were declined. Frustrated at the situation at hand, we told the sales rep to provide proof of voided transactions so that we can be on our way. The sales rep asked his supervisor, Philip, how to perform this function and Philip told him there was no way to print proof of voided transactions. With an elevated voice, I told Philip that I needed proof of a cancelled transaction. Once again, he stated that there was no way to provide proof. I walked away and called law enforcement to assist with rectifying the issue at hand after Philip told me that he was going to ask me to leave. The assistant manager, Senecia **, provided us proof of the voided transaction that Philip insisted he could not obtain.

My recent experience with JCPenney was a very unsatisfied one. The items I questioned were not put into the system to ring correctly. When I questioned this the employee called and asked the lead to check. He stated that he was in the department looking and then came back saying that the ones I had were excluded from the price. I paid and checked myself, and this was incorrect information so I proceeded to ask for this employee so I could discuss the matter and was treated very disrespectful and basically told too bad so I returned the merchandise and will not be ever going to this store again.

I went to JCPenney today to get my hair trimmed and colored. I'm in the process of growing my gray hair out (go all natural). The hairdressers told me that she could bleach my hair and then put. toner in so that all my hair will be gray. After 2 attempts and three haircuts my hair was half gray and half orange. The hairdressers had no choice to cut my hair very short. My hair was shoulder length and now it's cut above my ears, about an inch long overall. This failed processes took 5 hours. JCPenney Salon should NOT be in business.

When trying to place an order in JCP.com order-line, the reps are quite unprofessional, not capable of being helpful, and sometimes even downright rude and hostile. I have been a JCP customer for 4 decades. Years ago all my orders would go thru smoothly and the reps were great; however that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'm hoping that with better customer service training that situation will improve.

I recently ordered some stuff online from JCPenney and I accidentally entered the wrong shipping address so I called customer care to see if they could help me out. I spoke to a few people and they all told me it was too late to cancel my order and I couldn't change the shipping address. I know this wasn't JCPenney's fault but they have NOT been helpful at all in helping me solve this problem. A lot of them hung up on me and was very rude. Then I was told to contact UPS but they couldn't do anything because all I had was an order number with no tracking number.

I ordered a washer and dryer during their labor day sale. The appliances arrived and as soon as the installers took the washer out of the truck we realized it was damaged so they put it right back on the truck. This was Sept 16th. Immediately after they left I went through 45 minutes of hold time on the phone to finally report the damage and ask when they would be sending a replacement. I was told it would be Sept 24th.

On Sept 23rd I called to ask what time they would be delivering as I had not received a call. I was advised it was not coming on the 24th any more and that it would instead be October 4th. I couldn't believe they didn't call to tell me. Frustrated I had already gone a week without a washer. I canceled the order that day. Today is October 24th and I still have not been refunded. Thankfully I used a JCPenney Credit card for this transaction, I would be livid if it took over a month to get my money back from them if I had paid cash or used a check card. Thankfully my wife and I were able to find a matching Samsung washer from Best Buy.

9/4 Ordered, 9/16 Delivered - Washer arrived damaged. 9/16 - Told New Delivery would be 9/24, 9/23 - Told New Delivery would now be 10/4 (I had to call to find this out). 9/23 - I canceled order and told 3-5 business days I would be refunded. 9/30 - Still no refund. I called and was told another 7-10 days. 10/14 - Still no refund. I called and was old another 20 days. 10/24 - Still no refund - Writing this review (I know it's "only" been 10 days since the last call, only 10 to go!).

When talking with the JCP appliance rep on the phone I asked why I could return a pair of shoes the next day and get my money back right away, no need for (example) Nike to refund JC Penney and then JC Penney could refund me. It was explained to me that items like shoes, you are buying directly from JCP, however with appliances I was apparently buying directly from Samsung? JCP is acting as a drop shipper here at best and they have no idea what is going on. There is a MASSIVE disconnect between JCP, the appliance manufacturer, and the delivery company and the customer is paying the price. I believe Amazon does a lot of drop shipping yet they have excellent customer service and keep the people paying them money up to date with order changes or revisions.

None of this buying from Samsung directly arrangement was explained to me when I gave money to JCP. Apparently "we" are waiting for Samsung to refund JCP so JCP can credit back my JCP credit card the $700ish for the appliance. Sad that JCP doesn't have the financial ability to refund/credit a customer's JCP credit card until it receives their cost back from Samsung. Meanwhile I am sure I am paying interest to JCP while waiting to be credited back this money.

I returned a pair of girls boots today 10/2016 @ prices corner store. Randy was the manager. After my granddaughter wore the boots I purchased they literally fell apart. When I returned them they took them with no problem. They didn't have her size to replace them but I didn't want them anyway if they would fall apart again. She has boots I purchased for her from JCP last year so I know it was these boots.

When I bought up a different pair with the same price the girl called randy again because I had used coupons & they were probably on sale. Now I would have to pay what these boots were less what I had paid. I happened to have a coupon & had to pay $3.00 no big deal but it was the principle of the whole transaction. I felt that they had to look up the boots. They could see all the purchases I had made. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN CLOSE MY JCP CHARGE AS I WILL NEVER RETURN THERE. Thank you & have a good day.

Placed an order in the store with a customer service rep. Paid in person at the register and was provided a confirmation of purchase. I waited over a week for my order and decided to call the store to check the status of my order. The store had no record of my order anywhere, after waiting for some kind of information they gave me a 1-800 # to call for more information.

When I called the automated system advised me my order had been cancelled. So I had to speak with a live rep, because I DID NOT cancel my order. The rep came on the phone and stated that the order was, in fact, cancelled. When I asked why, she had to put me on hold to find out. Then she came back on the phone and said they were out of stock... okay? When were they going to inform me that I was not getting the order that I paid for? She said "we don't make contact with the customers." What kind of customer service doesn't make contact with their customers who are paying money for their merchandise? Once I asked her how I get my money back she said it was never charged to the card. It doesn't matter if it was charged or not, I should have been notified that I was not going to be getting my order. If I could put a negative star rating on this I would.

Compare Shoes Online