2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5
Based on 3,235 ratings submitted in the last year

JCPenney Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I did a lot of Black Friday shopping this past year. I shopped at 3 of the major dept. stores. JCP was by far the best to deal with. I bought some rebate items. All of the JCP rebate checks have arrived. Macy's has about 1/3 of them even registered so I don't know what is going on with that and Kohls has not acknowledged any of them. I spent a lot and bought a lot and some of the stuff needed to be exchanged - again - JCP was the best - by far. I went to the store and the line moved very quickly. Kohls is ok but takes forever. I love JCP.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Penney's is one of the few stores that allows 6 years to pay off expensive furniture purchases. My wife and I were buying a new Sterns and Foster bed which came to $5,000. The extra financing time brought our payments down to $100 a month. Being on a fixed income this made for a great experience!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I like JC Penney because they have good sales, especially the final sale rack, if you can find the size you need. I usually can find what I want for 50% off. The store is neat and well-organized. They could use more check-outs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I was shopping for a after five dress for a Red Carpet event the same day. A sales lady said I came on a good day, because they have some fantastic sales. I wanted a dress but none of them look sexy enough for me. A notice a black and rhinestone open blocked sleeves jumpsuit. I picked a small, medium and large. The medium was perfect. The cashier said, "I love this jumpsuit! I hope they have some more because I want one." I went to another store to purchase the perfect shoes to set-off the jumpsuit. I looked fabulous!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I found some very nice quality clothes at JC Penney. The shirts, pants and bras were all name brand and on sale at a fantastic price. The selection was great and I also found some items that were on sale that I was not even looking for at the time. I would highly recommend this store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: May 8, 2020

Very satisfied with everything including my salesman. No pressure, several options including raising and lowering head and foot by remote. Firmness on either side not affected by one side or the other. Very comfortable.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I buy since many years my Jewelry at JCPenney and I'm always very satisfied, with the Price and the Customer Service. All the Jewelry Offers are great at Quality and Price. I would recommend this Business anytime.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The JCPenny stores jewelry department is pretty nice. There’s a good variety of rings, necklaces, chains, earrings, and watches. There’s more jewelry available online as well. However, they must send jewelry out for most repairs though; such as ring sizing. They do adjust watch bands.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I ordered a comforter online. Clicked king size then when I get it it’s full size. I called customer service. They said it was ordered in full. I asked can I send it back and get the correct size. They said I can just pay the difference but they won’t be paying for return label. Go to return the box turns out the box is almost more than my purchase. I can’t return the item at store because all stores are closed due to covid. You would think they would be a little more sympathetic of their customers.

Original review: March 31, 2020

An item I ordered in multiples dropped by $4 per item. I ordered them with a promo. The very next day, using that same promo, the item would be $4 cheaper. JCPenny's "price match guarantee" does not compare apples to apples. They compare your after promo price on your original order to the before promo price on the website. Only if that before promo price is cheaper than what you paid will they give you the difference. You basically have to cancel or return your order and then reorder to get the difference. Pretty ridiculous. I was surprised they were one of the last retailers to still have a price match but now I understand it's just a gimmick.

JCPenney author review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenney was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenney has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenney store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team