1.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1561 JCPenney Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

JCPenney has the worst customer service I have ever experienced!! In the Cool Springs Mall, there are only 3 check out kiosks for the entire store with up to 4 registers. Most would expect all registers to be open in the middle of Christmas season but they only had 2 SLOW clerks at each kiosks. If it wasn't for the coupons and sales, I wouldn't have stopped in this store (& would not be complaining). If they don't change anything about this, I'm not so sure I'll do this next year!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I purchased a mattress at a JCPenney store and was told someone would call me within 5-7 days to schedule the delivery it. No one called me after 7 days and I called the 0800 number and was told that it would take about 4 weeks for my mattress to be fabricated. Due to my urgency and to the wrong information about the delivery upon purchase, I cancelled my order. It has now been 1 month and I still haven't received the reimbursement as they said it would take 3-5 days. It has been a terrible experience and don't recommend this store.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My bill is paid in full...but yet, they claim I haven't paid a bill. But yet I have proof with cancelled check, front and back. There is no one that I can talk to in the US about it and people in Manila have no clue. In the meantime I keep getting letters even though I've proved I don't owe a thing, along with interest and late charges added monthly. Never experienced such ignorance in all my life. Can't wait to get this settled and I can cut up the JCP credit card.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought a fridge, stove, and two protection plans in 2016. It’s now 2018, and I needed to file a claim for the ice maker that wasn’t working. It took over two months, and me calling JCP protection plan service line over 10 times, to get someone to get it taken care of. I talked to 3 different managers and multiple Employees, who all promised someone would call and schedule the next day to get it fixed. Yet no one did. I had to spend hours on the phone and it was way more a headache than what it was worth to say the least. No one helped, everyone gave me a different answer every time. Very stressful and irritating. I will never be buying an appliance and for sure never a protection plan from JCP again!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have ordered a refrigerator through the website that it was not delivered at the time and day it was informed by phone. There were no apologies for no-showing and no explanations for what happened. I have to cancel my order through the phone 844-527-2775 on Nov. 26 at 7:28 p.m. (staff name: Aldery). They only have returned a part necessary for the installation (about 10 dollars) and the fee for taking back my old refrigerator (about 24 dollars). That is it! What is my refrigerator refund? I have been waiting for 18 days and nothing! I have no choice but to enter with a dispute.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

For almost 2 months now our fridge from JCPenney has not worked. We bought it less than 2 years ago and they keep telling us to wait and wait. They make up excuses for this or that. We’ve even said to return the fridge and we’ll pay the difference for another one. What did they say? Wait more days? Save your time and money, do not purchase appliances from them. We won’t ever again. Much luck.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Purchased Disney collection Cinderella ring (white gold). After a month saw irritation on my finger, took off to heal thinking it's water under ring, put it on, happened again, let it heal again, tried a 3rd time but left it in thinking maybe my finger just needs to get use to ring and it’s just skin irritation...nope, finger got blisters on it. Took pics when irritated and walked in to show them in person. Tried to return or get an exchange for yellow gold ring and they wouldn’t do ANYTHING for me 'cause it was past return date. Also they had to look up my receipt because lady who sold it to me didn’t give me my original receipt after getting it sized and lady no longer works there.

I called other jewelry stores like Zales etc and I Can’t get coating on ring 'cause it wears off after couple months and would cost me 50.00 every two months just to keep this ring, and they can’t put yellow gold over it. I paid in total with lifelong care package 1,790.00 and will never get that for it. I have purchased Lots of jewelry (not white gold) from JCPenney and will never shop in this store again, not only because they wouldn’t even let me do an exchange but because I emailed the company and I got NO reply at all. Not a good way to treat your customers. Very upset 'cause it took a LOOONG time to save for this wedding ring, my husband got it for me for our 32nd wedding anniversary.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bought ring with lifetime care plan in Nov 2016 for my engagement. Within a few months, noticed a crack in the diamond. It was covered in my plan to replace the diamond. Two months back, I gave my ring to polish and when I got it back, found the diamond broken. And this time, they arrogantly denied to replace the diamond even though they were responsible for this breakage. They said the diamond price is more than the ring cost so we cannot replace. Highly disappointed and worst shopping experience with any store. Never going to buy anything from there. I do not recommend anyone to buy from there. JCPenney is the worst store ever. They are like thieves!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I shopped at JCPenney yesterday in Keene, N.H. When I brought my items to check them out, I also gave the associate a JCP discount coupon that was mailed to me. I presented a gift card to pay for my transaction and was told that you cannot use coupons when you pay with a gift card. This was news to me since I’ve used coupons in the past and paid with gift cards. I’ve tried to contact the store numerous times today regarding their policy. When you select 0 for customer service, a recording tells you there is no one available and hangs up on you. I called the 800 number and there is no option for asking questions about their gift card policy. Absolutely ridiculous!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I placed my order online and was given the confirmation number. When my package arrived I was missing 2 of the 5 items. I called customer care and was told that 1 of the items are out of stock and the other will be delivered by December 4th. Today is December 4th and after calling customer care 3 times I find out that the item I was waiting for is out of stock and told I will not be getting that item. I told the person that she was the third person I spoke to today and was told by the other two that I would definitely receive my item. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was on hold for half an hour while a supervisor still could not be reached. I called corporate and told them of the issue but I got the feeling I was just bothering them and didn't get anywhere with them either. This company is a total joke!! Will never order from them again.

JCPenney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenny was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenny has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenny store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

• Best for: jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs