3.74/5
Based on 3,601 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

JCPenney

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

JCPenney Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Penney's is one of the few stores that allows 6 years to pay off expensive furniture purchases. My wife and I were buying a new Sterns and Foster bed which came to $5,000. The extra financing time brought our payments down to $100 a month. Being on a fixed income this made for a great experience!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I like JC Penney because they have good sales, especially the final sale rack, if you can find the size you need. I usually can find what I want for 50% off. The store is neat and well-organized. They could use more check-outs.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I was shopping for a after five dress for a Red Carpet event the same day. A sales lady said I came on a good day, because they have some fantastic sales. I wanted a dress but none of them look sexy enough for me. A notice a black and rhinestone open blocked sleeves jumpsuit. I picked a small, medium and large. The medium was perfect. The cashier said, "I love this jumpsuit! I hope they have some more because I want one." I went to another store to purchase the perfect shoes to set-off the jumpsuit. I looked fabulous!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I found some very nice quality clothes at JC Penney. The shirts, pants and bras were all name brand and on sale at a fantastic price. The selection was great and I also found some items that were on sale that I was not even looking for at the time. I would highly recommend this store.

Original review: March 27, 2019

They run too high with cost of everything extra, I mean charge glass and point of the what need is charge then add on stuff you probably don't need little thing like bright light should come with glasses. Frames are cheap and usually break, that a neglected, it just too much charge for people with low income, I think trying to get rich off seeing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I purchased a jacket on JCP.com and was trying to reach customer service. I have been trying to 3 days now. Every time I call, I hold the line for over 30 minutes. The music and recording "Thank you for your patience, your call is important to us, Please remain on the line and someone will be with you shortly.". I intend to wait for as long as it takes today. I have my phone in charge and hoping that someone will pick up. In this day of online shopping. JCP has to do better with their customer service. This is simply unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

JCPenney's billing department sucks. I pay my bill by the 5th of each month even though it is due on the 20th of each month. Each month I am being charged a late fee because I paid it too early according to some idiot there. I started paying it on the 18th and still getting late fees for whatever reason they come up with. Each and every month is a battle with these idiots and yet this continues and nobody can seem to resolve it. I am very disappointed with management and now I see how jcpenney's makes their money. By billing customers all these ridiculous fees that do not apply. I am so sick of these people. They have stolen hundreds from me with these ridiculous fees.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I ordered a bed from them. It took 3 months for it to get to the delivery company who on the day it was supposed to be delivered called to inform me there was a broken piece. I reordered the piece and a month later when it showed up and the delivery company was suppose to deliver they called to inform me all the pieces were broken. So after 4 months I had to cancel the order and start over somewhere else. Horrible customer service. Was treated so poorly over the phone by JCPenney and the carrier company. Would never ever order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

JCPenney has been able to accommodate all different sizes in my wardrobe. They carry a very nice variety of clothing. They’re fitting to all different ages. I find their work associates to be most helpful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Noticed our granddaughters JCPenney online holiday order was not shipped in a timely manner. Called 800 customer services with JCPenney. Representative stated some items may have been lost and other items in transit. Asked to track. She couldn't find items anywhere. Over 20+ plus clothing items. Put on hold for 17 mins while Rep needed to speak with her supervisor. Returned to our call and said 10-14 business days to ship not including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays only Monday - Friday.

Requested to speak with supervisor. Waited several minutes. Requested a formal complaint be filed indicating our second year missing items, not able to track shipping, awful online to warehouse to customer shipping. Made excuses for shipping. Said, "If you'd rather not use JCPenny's online ordering," she was stopped and we requested her ID information and she terminated our phone call. We put in our order on the 5th day of November 2019 and according to customer service between 15 and 21 days to arrive. Ordered in the United States and shipped from the United States. Absolutely awful customer service and supervisor should be demoted to shipping where accountability doesn't matter. Been loyal customers since 1980s. That's coming to an end.

JCPenney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenney was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenney has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenney store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

• Best for: jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs