1.1/5 (39 ratings)

About JCPenney

JCPenney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: April 25, 2022

Went in salon and picked up shampoo & conditioner. There was a 40% off sign on same shelf. I put items on counter to check out and lady comes from behind the counter to remove the sale signs. She insisted I pay full price. No thank you. I will shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 19, 2022

So, I bought the set of sofa and loveseat but once received was in total shock! Never in my life seen sofa that came in a box and need to be put together like a puzzle. One red flag! So I put the sofa together and it sit okay on its handle but the loveseat was not as lucky with as one side was not set correctly. So I did not call to get it pick up or changed due to it was during all this Covid-19 shenanigans and was not sure if they would pick it up once deliver. Well, I waited to call them but when I did was told it was over a year ago and there was nothing they could do about it. Horrible business. Lack of integrity to their customers. Indeed don't recommend anyone to do business with JCPenney! Sad as it sounds.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Horrible! Tried to place order on the website. The website won't remove shipping if you ship to store. Then you call in to customer service. They give you the run around. They want to verify your account details and all you simply want to do is to get help with your order online. First you have to spend 10 mins verifying your account details. If the details don't match because you moved they won't help you. All you want to do is get help with the shipping to the store for free and not delivered to your home to avoid the shipping cost. Extremely hard to get help with a basic order. All you want to do is get help with removing the shipping to the store. This is why retailers like Sears go out of business of making it to hard for customer to order something.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered clothes online. They were never delivered. I have cameras at my house and nobody came to my house or delivered anything the day they said it was delivered. I called JCPenney and they said it's not their problem since the delivery company said they delivered it and I would have to go file a police report. I've spent an hour on the phone with customer service, who did not care and just repeated that it's "their process and they were sorry." Been using JCPenney since I was a kid. Will no longer be using them. Pretty bummed out that they could not care any less about the situation if they tried.

Original review: March 6, 2022

While I used to think JCPenney was a great place to shop a recent online order proved otherwise. I ordered several items including a denim pair of shorts- they sent shorts 2 sizes smaller than I ordered. I tried to begin a return but they tried to charge me $8 return postage- so I called the number provided. The lady argued and said they don't offer them in the size I received. I immediately read her the UPC number on the shorts. All I wanted was the correct size shorts and I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I asked the supervisor to please just send the correct size and their corporate policy would not allow him to do that. He spent a lot of time trying to assist me, but their policy would not allow an exchange. The shorts were a clearance item with a very limited quantity. Now I have to wait for my refund to reorder. Please keep in mind that JCPenney is who caused this issue, however they won't fix their mistake. I will no longer purchase items from this company and I highly suggest others reconsider purchasing from them as well.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I was on Facebook one night and a family member posted a advertisement for JCPenney for a sale they was having basically for Valentine’s Day on diamonds. the deals ranged from low to high. I took it upon myself to browse the JCPenney website for days before even deciding to make this purchase or is it was really a “necessary” purchase. I’m a single mother to one son who is 5 & between losing my dad and the issues I been dealing with involving my son and his school I needed a little pick me up considering this was my 4th valentines being a single mom.

I do not fall into the Valentine’s Day hype I never even had a legit REAL VALENTINES that any woman would imagine ever!!! I always have provided and done for myself and been reasonably responsible with not needed purchases. I decided to purchase 2 items a heart Diamond earring set and the matching ring. I scrolled through pages of sales and days of deciding before making this purchase that’s why I’m so annoyed even more. The family member who I started this off with she ordered one ring after me. she received the same emails I did. the original email stating the purchase with the date and order number and amount of purchase.

A few days later we both received tracking information hers was accurate mine was not. I clicked the tracking which opened the UPS website and it stated my tracking information was invalid and that the last tracking information on this number is over 120 days old. I was disgusted immediately went on the website typed in my order information and phone number and the page loads telling me 2/10/22 I should be receiving this package (that I also added protection too to make sure I received them). I then start to stress myself into a panic attack because I have no tracking info that is accurate nothing. So I reach out to the companies 1800 # listed in the website and I was given every single run around. This was 4 days of calling getting nowhere.

I receive an email from JCPenney stating they were sorry my package was running late. when I clicked on the link it showed me it was “just shipped” and it would be at my house by 2/11/22. Well the said date comes and goes! NO PACKAGE!! NO UPDATED TRACKING INFORMATION AND NO INFORMATION FROM THE ACTUAL COMPANY!! I was told give it 2 business days which I called both days because at this point I’m beyond disgusted! That was my Valentine’s Day gift to my damn self which I never do!!

I call today 2/15/22 demanding a refund on the purchases and the protection packages. I was giving a whole run around about that, how it takes 10-12 days for an item to ship. it's not coming from the direct store. it’s coming from warehouses or whatever the stupid representative Diane had said. at that point she was blocked out because this here is some ** right here!! I remember JCPenney 20 years ago. my father bought my mother a huge Diamond ring from there and paid for it outright in cash. I never ever heard anything bad about JCPenney. I am so beyond disgusted by that company. After reviewing the website it states 3-5 days for an item to ship and it doesn’t state whether in store or whatever. I will NEVER IN MY LIFE EVER EVER MARK MY WORDS EVERRRR DO BUSINESS WITH JCPENNEY AGAIN!!! They lie!!!! Instead of refunding me immediately I got a hassle and a case number

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Do not apply! The decreases your limit without notice. Put me over the limit! Credit score went down! No late with a payment! I am going to close this account immediately and move to another company now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

On 1/1/22, I emailed JCP because the wrong item was sent to me. On 1/4/22, I received a response that the return shipping charge of $8.00 would be refunded in two days. On 1/6/22, I received acknowledgment that my return was received and that I would receive a refund within 7 days. The initial $8.95 shipping charge to have the wrong item sent to me was not addressed. On 1/15/22, JCPenney responded apologizing for the inconvenience and advised me that the return was still pending, and wishing me a happy new year. Calling the (800) 322-1189 C/S number did not acknowledge my order and would not allow me to speak with a representative. Currently, JCP owes me $71.23. I would like my refund of $71.23 processed and sent immediately.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Bought my daughter a nice crockpot as a Christmas gift then sent it to her via UPS, she called me today just now took it out of box. She Said filled with used food and filthy. I am disgusted. Lost out on my money and will never ever shop here again. How dare they send a used filthy crockpot!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have been shopping JCPenney since in the 70s and love the products so far. However it would be nice to receive a bill on my JC Penney card. I was finally curious and went online and found that the bill was delinquent and the late fee was more than the product. I contacted customer service and that is a runaround to a point that I just paid the bill as obviously I was not going to get anywhere. Just that one experience has made me never to shop at JC Penney ever again. Make sure if you use your JC Penney card to also do their accounting for them. They obviously have no clue how to do that. Maybe they should reorganize, staff know nothing and these people will try through their practices ruin your credit. However my credit is still excellent, I will just shop elsewhere.

JCPenney author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

JCPenney was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenney has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenney store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

JCPenney Company Information