1.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

1258 JCPenney Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On November 19, 2017 I ordered my mother and I a Women's 10K Gold 1 3/8 CT. T.W. Diamond Cocktail rings for $10 regular priced $1249.98. Then on November 22, 2017, JCPenney canceled my order for one of the rings. I called and spoke to customer services representatives who told so many lies, first lie was the ring wasn’t in stock, then another lie was all the rings in that same style are unavailable and out of stock. I knew that was a lie so after being put on hold for several minutes and the customer service representative speaking to a “supervisor”, she finally came to the conclusion that JCPenney made a mistake on pricing.

The rings was “Black Friday” deal I got for $10 and the ring was more than $1200 so it was a mistake and JCPenny could not honor my request of reordering the ring they canceled “because if I look at the bottom of the website it says mistakes happens on their websites and JCPenny can cancel the order”. Which is not true. It does say about pricing errors after I search through Google for JCPenny’s policies but it doesn’t say my items would be canceled.

After speaking to a supervisor and waiting on hold for another 40 minutes a supervisor said she couldn’t honor my request or reorder the rings because they were listed as a mistake and I could purchase the rings for $299.99 which I saw now listed on their website and they would reimburse me for my ring which didn’t ship and the other ring was shipped, “It got away and they didn’t catch that one in enough time to cancel it”, I told her thank you, they’re ridiculous it’s false advertisement. They lied to me several times and I will be contacting someone regarding this matter and hung up.

Shame on JCPenny promoting fake advertising about Black Friday’s 2017 fake deals, please don’t buy or support JCPenny, my family and I been shopping at JCPenny all our lives. I’m 34 years old. My grandmother is 72 years old and has been a cardholder for over 40 plus years. Please JCPenny use common courtesy for your future customers, don’t False Advertise, and treat your customers fair. This was your mistake not mine and now you have lost hundreds of customers, my family or I will not ever purchase from you again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought the Serta iComfort Hybrid Expertise PillowTop Mattress from JCPenney a few months ago. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and lacked edge support. The quality was poor, the seams were loose. When I requested to return the item, I was informed that they would charge a $125 restocking fee. After a month of countless call to customer service, the bed was finally picked up. (They would not let me return it to the store.) I then submitted a review to warn others of the hassle it was to purchase and return a mattress from JCPenney. They refused to submit my negative review. It looks like they only allow positive reviews.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I bought a $5 on clearance...$8.95 to ship it! I refine my search to find items that are available for same day pick up at store to avoid hefty shipping costs... it's worthless. Couldn’t find 1 item eligible for same day pick-up, so that’s a worthless feature... All other stores have better shipping options and way less shipping charges! You would think I could pay online and go pick it up at the store. We have the technology! JCPENNEY, needs to get with the times! I know it doesn’t cost over $8 to ship a tshirt... and then they ship so slow.

It's like going back in time to pre-internet times... they are still clinging onto juicing you for every dime they can just to get what you bought in your hand. Not a consumer friendly online shopping experience at all. I love JCPenney, and recommend shopping there, just not online, unless you've got a month to dilly dally around about getting stuff you pay for... Think in the future... I will stick with Amazon! 2 day free shipping with my prime, never any hassles, and super fast delivery. Can't beat Amazon... get with the times JCPENNEY!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Had to return a package, so I paid the shipping to return the package at the UPS store, and then JCPenney deducted shipping cost on my credit card. Actually paid twice to return this package. We called customer service they refused to help. Very poor way to treat customer. Last time I ever purchase from there again. So basically by the time I paid to have package shipped, charged twice to return, I have 30.00 invested and I have nothing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have called JCP customer service before to make them aware of the ongoing behavior at their GLEN BURNIE MD location. I was assured the situation would be handled and made better. NOT AT ALL! I love shopping at JCP. It's just the service provided in the location near me is UNBEARABLE. The prices advertised on the display are hardly ever correct at the register. So everyone is waiting on price checks. It's just too much. Someone really needs to do a secret visit and do something to make this better. I should never have to waste time online making complaints! I shop JCP for my entire family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We have been royally hosed by JCPenny furniture and disrespected and lied to by their corporate office. Fair warning... NEVER ORDER YOUR BEDROOM OUTFIT FROM THEM. It was 5 weeks late. They claim that it is made in Texas once the order is placed yet there were stickers all over it indicating that it was made in Vietnam. Even the boxes that they came in said made in America which is a lie.

We paid to have a very expensive outfit shipped and put together and their 3rd party delivery lost our whole bedroom outfit and when they did finally deliver it they lied and said that they were not responsible for putting it together and left it in huge boxes for my husband to put together only to find out after hours of putting dressers together that the bed would not go together because the people in Vietnam could not measure and drill holes.

Most people save and dream and work hard for a new bedroom outfit and JCPenney spit in our face by offering us $400 for weeks of inconvenience, a bed that doesn't go together, sleeping on the mattress on the floor for 5 weeks, living out of laundry baskets, and when we called the corporate office for updates and explanations they had the unmitigated gull of hanging up on us, handing us off from one manager to another, lying, making us put our furniture together and not returning follow up calls as promised. And beware... If you think that you will get in touch with someone at corporate in a timely fashion then be ready to spend several hours on the phone. They are getting it all back!! We are done and done with JCPenney!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have typically had positive experiences when shopping at JCPenney stores. So I thought buying online would be equally as positive. WRONG! The ordering was easy. They took my credit card number without any problems. I placed the order four days ago and it isn't even ready to be shipped. They said it could take up to TWO WEEKS to arrive! Kohl's: Three days to arrive. Old Navy: Five days. Gap: Five days. American Eagle: Three days. Amazon: Two days or less. JCPENNEY: TWO WEEKS! Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I placed an order on jcpenney.com on November 6th. I received an email that it shipped on November 7th to the store @ 800 Randall Rd., Algonquin, IL. I kept checking the status. All it ever said was ordered on 11/06 & shipped on 11/07. I did the chat line and was told worst case it would be at the store on the 14th. I went to the store and they said they did NOT receive it. They said it should be there on the 20th. I called customer service and they told me it was delivered to the store on the 13th. Called the store and was told again that they never received it. I’m stuck in the middle with no help.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have an online account with JCPenney and when I went to place my order, I noticed that it had a previous address that it was going to ship to... so of course I changed the address to my current one. I placed my order and I had gotten a confirmation email and it said that it was going to ship to the previous address instead of my current one... even after changing it. After I saw the email, I thought maybe I had done something wrong so I went back to my account and looked under my addresses tab and my old address WAS NOT there. The correct address was, however. So I called customer service and the lady told me that there was basically nothing they could do because the order was already processed. I asked if it was too late to cancel the order because the items hadn't shipped yet and she told me that, yes it was too late. I was furious. I spent too much money for my items for them to not go to my address.

I got another email saying my items had shipped and I received a tracking number from UPS. I called UPS to see if there was anyway I could get the package re-routed and they said that JCPenney would be the one to take care of that. So I called JCPenney again and told them what UPS told me. Suddenly, there was no problem and they were able to get my package re-routed (that was just the first package)...THEN a couple of days later I got another email saying that the rest of my items shipped and I got another UPS Tracking Number... but the items were STILL BEING SHIPPED TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.

I called JCPenney again and the customer service representative was so rude and would hardly let me speak to let her know what happened or for me to even ask questions. She also pretty much called me a liar when I told her that I made sure the shipping address was correct when I placed my order. I will be honest, I got pretty upset with her. I'm usually a very calm person, but when I can't even get a word in... it kinda brings out the worst in me. I told her to just take me to the survey at the end of the call. She said she would but she didn't. Basically... if the error is their fault... it's still your fault. That's the the lesson learned from my experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I went to JC Penney in Vincennes Indiana yesterday and purchased 2 shirts for my daughter. She didn't like them so I went back with my receipt and was going to get a refund. They refused to give me a refund because they said they had an odor of smoke which I know they didn't because I'm not a smoker and neither is my daughter and live in a smoke free home. I was very embarrassed and angry and would like to have something done about this issue please.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We have ordered a shampoo set (Shampoo and Conditioner) a month ago. We called after 21 days of not receiving it to cancel the order. JCPenney refused. I called the headquarter the first time. They refused to do cancel the order. I asked to speak to someone in the President's office or his secretary. They hung up on me. I called again to speak the someone in the president's office. They hang up again. I called their Ohio office and waited over 15 to speak to someone. I ended up speaking with a lady named Dorinda and she promised to put an end to this, take this case personally, as well as finding out who hang phone on me in the headquarters.

Nothing happened and we never heard anything. We called today her office and she is off. We started to address our concern about our order and about why Dorinda did get back to us she hung up on us. It looks like JCPenney company policy is OK with customer service and headquarters employee to hang up on customers if they have any concerns about their orders or if they have any questions the employee does not have an answer to. This the truth about JCPenney and all those phone were on a speaker phone and others were witness to them. This a company that does not deserve any business or dealing with particularly if you are an honest person. It has been 30 days now and we still don't have our shampoo or money. So we have been scammed by JCPenney and if we do not resolve it we will go court in and ask for a refund, legal fees and time we have invested to get this case resolved.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Ordered online 10/31. Very excited to get great deals. Nov 3rd found other great deal on men shoes. Ordered for same day p/up. Lady stated system issue but had my order. After 2hrs called to cancel shoe order. Meantime, I'm still waiting on 1st online that stated delivery by 11/7. Called store 11/8 to verify items. They stated items were cancelled. I'm very upset & disgusted. Later receive call that they found items & they would have to re-charge me again. Tonight 11/9 went to store and never did JCP do a return even though sales person stated items were cancelled.

We were charged twice for items just because the computer shows cancelled. The other excuse they stated was that one item was not checked in but the shoes were. How is that possible & why is that the customer issue. If an item was not checked in & one was does that not mean the order in fact was never called?? Never will we go shop at JCP or ever order online at this store. Poor online system. Sales team should never charge a customer twice & ask them to notify store 10 days later if the refund of cancelled item don't show up on credit card statement.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This outfit is totally 101 percent bogus. They billed my debit card for 6 tall sized white shirts last May 2017. The local manager Kevin ** who actually lived next door to me stated he did not know what I could do to get my money back. He confabulated that they would need to ship my orders to my home address as their local outlet SSM, MI. 49783 was closing. Instead they shipped via U.P.S. to the local post office wanting me to pay double shipping and handling charges. I would not and the local post office apparently returned the order to JCPenny's last July. I never got my money refunded. They did other stuff like shipping V-neck t-shirts of which I never ever ordered. I ordered the regular neck tall sized T-shirts. Apparently Mr. ** has got plenty enough time to make babies, it is my belief he has got at least 5 or 6 children...

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Placed order with JCP in store. Associate assured me all items in stock. Find out via email not in stock and after phone calls back and forth for 2 weeks, corporate has no idea when items will be in stock.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I placed an order on JCPenney Sephora online on 9/26/17, when they had a beauty wow for $12 Anastasia Liquid Lipstick. I saw it on the actual Sephora.com website, however, I decided to buy it from the JCPenney Sephora since I have a JCPenney gift card. I checked online to track the order to know when they will ship it and when I will receive the item. It indicated to allow 1 to 2 weeks to schedule delivery since it will be shipped directly from the factory, so I allowed them an additional 2 weeks.

I called on 10/22/17 to check the status of the order and I spoke with a rude male representative. I notified him that I want to check when my order will be shipped out. He placed me on a brief hold and notified me that they are shipping it out from the factory. I asked him when do they anticipate that it will be shipped out, his response was "I don't know". I waited for him to say anything else but he asked me if I have any other question, as if he answered me appropriately, given I notified him that I was waiting for my package for a month.

After that call, I decided to call again today, 11/4/17 at 8:59 am. Today, it has been 5 weeks and 4 days and my order status online is still "Pending shipment". I was able to speak with a representative and she transferred me to a JCPenney Sephora associate, where I was told the same thing "it will be shipped from the factory", however, this time she checked the cause of the delay since it has been over a month. Upon checking she notified me that the cause of the delay is that the manufacturer may have shipped it in the store and so she starts looking for stores who has the same items in my order. I thought that she is looking for stores so that they can ship it to me, however, she notified me that I have to pick up the items, otherwise, there may be another issue and my order will be delayed again.

At this point, I am so over it and said that I will just drive to the store and pick the items myself. So, she is placing the order and asked me to pay. I asked her if there is a way that she can just take it out from the gift card I used when I purchase the item, since I already disposed of the gift cards. If I pay now, then I would have to use my credit card and that beats the purpose of me using my gift card, which is the only reason I ordered through JCPenney Sephora instead of the actual Sephora website. She notified me that I will be receiving a check in the mail with a refund of amount of gift card. I asked her if I will be receiving a "Check" or a "gift card" and she confirmed that it will be a check. I said okay and she asked be on hold while she gets approval from a supervisor to price match the items.

After 30 minutes of long wait, another representative answered on the other line. I told her I was on hold while they get the price approved by the supervisor, and it seems that the lady on the other line was a supervisor from Ohio. She indicated that the items will be shipped to me and that I have to pay using my credit card and that the refund will be in a form of gift card, and not a check. I have been on the phone for almost an hour and you can imagine my frustration. The supervisor tried her best and I appreciate her effort, but I could not utter a word due to my frustration and disbelief, so I just paid for the items, got my confirmation number and hang up.

I do not often leave reviews, especially negative ones, but I am left frustrated and speechless by this experience. If I ordered my items at Sephora website, I would not have to deal with this mess, because overall I was not able to use the JCPenney gift card I have anyway. I advise that this company make sure to train their representative with dealing with customers. You will have frustrated customers and the last thing that we need, is to speak with a rude, not willing to help, unsympathetic customer service representative that would like to get you off the phone after 2 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I received the wrong size pants. I ordered the correct size. Company error. I have a photo of the wrong size pants and would be happy to send them back once they correct THEIR mistake. If only it was that easy! I called JCPenney. I was instructed by Brian that he would need to charge my card for the pants and shipping (more than what I paid for them ) to send the right size to me. He will credit me the shipping cost. REALLY?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I place an order on the 20-21st of October order # **, called the store a few times which they have not as of yet receive my items. Finally called customer service yesterday 11/1/17 and they said my item was at the store that it has not been check in as of yet but was delivered on 10/31/17 at 2:30 pm. So I drive to the store 45 minutes away with traffic, kids at home and was told that my package was not at the store like customer service said it was. I am out over $220 dollars, no item in hand and don't know where it is at this moment. We are talking about over 13 days almost 2 weeks with no tracking number. This is really upsetting and will not be shopping at your website or store again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I ordered the Liz Claiborne bath towels in soft grey online and it said all were in stock but the only part of the order that I have gotten are the hand towel and the 2 washcloths. When I try to find out when I will get the rest of my order I am told the 2 bath towels are on back order and they don't know when or if I will get them. I placed the order on Oct. 20th and wish I had never ordered them. I have been lied to and promised things that never happened. I would never ordered the items if I knew that they were not in stock. Well I am told they are on back order and…

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have shopped with JCPenney for many years. As a matter of fact, their credit card was the very first one I acquired as a teenager. Upon shopping there yesterday, used my card to pay for my purchases and the salesperson said it didn't recognize my account. Called the customer service dept and was told that my account had been closed the day before due to a $30 past due balance. My purchase there that day was over $100, which had to be paid by check. Told the representative that I had written a check a date in Sept for my balance due, which I later found out had not been processed and have no clue what happened to the bill that was sent.

Called the company the next day and paid the balance due of 30 and some change. Representative was very nice and tried to help me on his end, but when going to whomever that was above him was unable to reopen the account. My beef with JCPenney is why would you want to lose a longstanding customer over a $30 late payment, especially since said customer spent way over that in your store using another form of payment, thinking there was just a mix up. I told the representative that if not reinstated, I would no longer shop there. I'm sure it will affect my credit rating which bothers me more than anything, since my credit rating is very good.

One of their stores has already closed in the area, causing me to have to travel about 15 minutes further than I would have before. That's 45 minutes for me to reach a store that doesn't value me enough to simply reinstate a credit card that I have had since I was 16-18 years old. Therefore, my business now goes to Kohls, Belk, and Stein Mart. My clerk at the store was very nice and helpful and so was the second representative that I talked to in customer service. It's the Penny's general policies that are not regarding a good customer.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I placed an order online for a pair of boots that I liked for my upcoming engagement pictures, when I placed the order I selected to pick them up in store so that I would be able to pick them up tomorrow and have them on hand since our pictures are next week and I would not have time to have them shipped to me. After I had paid I noticed on the confirmation it said it would arrive in the store between November 7 and November 10 – my pictures are on the 7th. I immediately called the help number it gave me not even a minute after I placed my order and since you only have ten minutes to cancel the order I figured I would be fine on time to get it cancelled and just replace my order to have it picked up in the store. They had me on hold for TEN MINUTES AND THIRTY SECONDS so I was told they would not be able to refund it.

Okay... So I attempted to call my nearest JCPenney to try and see if they would be able to help me, I called three separate departments trying to contact someone but, alas, not a single person answered. I called each department four times and still not a single person picked the phone up. I will never buy something from JCPenney again, this was my first attempt at purchasing anything from them and due to the horrible service and lack of accessibility I will not be attempting again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

No delivery after 3 weeks. Long wait on the phone then long time on hold with multiple failed trials to contact the delivery company (made by JCP customer service). Order requested to be cancelled and confirmed to be cancelled with courtesy call back to confirm it was actually cancelled. One week after no refund and CS rep that wouldn't listen but informed me the order was never cancelled after super long holding time (now we are one month from the original order and about 6 hours at least on the phone). Asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. Next call just asked for supervisor and after a long wait I was told "No need for the feedback" as no one is interested to listen. This time I did get a confirmation number and will call AMEX to hold up the payment as I don't trust the order was cancelled for sure.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I placed an online order on 10/15/2017 for a pair of boots, I had a code for 20% off and it was free shipping when order was placed. I received an email confirmation that the boots were shipped on the 16th total cost was $38.99. I was to receive another email with a tracking number which I never did, first email estimated boots to arrive by latest Oct. 22, 2017. I never received another email and never received my order. I called JCP on Oct. 25 and spoke to a CS rep. I was told that the boots I had ordered were out of stock! My Visa card had been charged for the $38.99 on Oct.16, I asked how the boots were shipped if they were out of stock and she had no reasonable answer. I was put on hold while she spoke with a supervisor and I was told there was a technical error and I got an apology. I wanted the boots. I told her I wanted my Visa card refunded ASAP which it was, I would NOT wait 3-5 days.

I told the rep that the boots were still online and showing up as available in my size and color, she checked and stated she saw that they were. I was asked if I wanted her to place the order for me via phone and as upset as I was I wanted those boots, so I said yes. BIG mistake. I told her when I ordered them I had a code and she did see the price I had originally paid, but stated she could not override the system and the code was no longer valid nor was there free shipping. I was told she could give me another code which she did and it took off the 20% but I would have to pay $8.95 for shipping plus the shipping is also taxed. I said NO, She then said once I placed the order and it was confirmed she would refund the shipping cost so I agreed. I received a confirmation and the total cost is $48.30 and it states the boots have been shipped.

I checked my credit card and the charge is for the total of $48.30, she did not remove the shipping charge as she said she would. I really don't even know for sure if the boots have been shipped, this has happened in the past years ago and I stopped shopping at JCP for that reason. Customers place an order, you get a confirmation, they charge your credit card and then they never ship the order using the reason "Items out of stock". They were IN STOCK when I ordered them. This is the reason JCP is going down, many stores closing. Very bad customer service, they actually lie to the customers. It makes it hard on people with disabilities to have to deal with these things, making calls, waiting on hold, having to call my credit card customer service. JCP in my opinion is running some sort of scam, they should not charge your credit card until order is being shipped.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Ordered a mattress (Serta iComfort hybrid) online from JCPenney on 9/5/17. It was delivered on 9/20 with a hole in it. Delivery service (XPO) took away my old mattress and was told by JCPenney that they would order a new mattress but to keep that mattress in my home. This mattress only took 15 days from order date to delivery. The new mattress was ordered 9/29/17 and it is now 10/29/17 (30 days later) and nobody knows where mattress is. I was told that mattress was shipped on 10/4/17 from the factory and it's on the way to the delivery service (XPO). When I call JCPenney's customer care on three different occasions I was told there is no way to track my order down that I just need to wait another few days. I called the delivery service myself and was advised that they have not received.

My last conversation with JCPenney customer service was on 10/28/17 where I was advised once again to wait another few days. I decided to put in a complaint and was told the only way to do this was through her. When I asked for a copy of my complaint I was told I could not get one but I received a ticket number **, what good that is to me not sure. After putting in my complaint, I was advised by the customer service manager (who she called herself) that my complaint would not even be addressed because it was not 4 weeks since mattress was shipped. Best of all, my charge is showing I owe for two mattresses one delivered with a hole in it and the other that I never even received. I have to waste more of my time to correct this.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a JCPenney store card which was always paid on time though I did not run up a large balance. Recently they upgraded me to gold card status. About a week later they closed my card with the most ridiculous excuses! They tell us we can appeal the decision. When you try to appeal you are shut out!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was barred from returning an $11 item due to excessive returns. My entire payment history was not taken into account, just too many returns within a two week period when I was trying to find an outfit for a special occasion. All of my returns had the original tags, receipts and were paid with a credit card. All of my receipts said the item could be returned. The manager could not explain or reverse the decision. I was referred to a third-party vendor who does the analytics. They were not helpful. How long am I prevented from returning an item? I do not know, so I have closed my JCPenney credit card and will not shop there in the future.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I ordered two appliances originally. Then next day I had to cancel one of the appliances due to the fact my landlord did not approve of it. Both the salesperson and the person who helped me with the cancellation were kind and helpful. The salesperson wasn't originally from the appliance dept so there are a few items that I don't need for the appliance I needed and things like the extended warranty were still on the bill and should have been taken off once the appliance was cancelled. There was no call and they did not deliver the appliance as scheduled. I tried to call several times to both JCP and delivery numbers neither number was successful. I spend at least an hour on hold (total of all calls) only to be hung up on several times. Given what I have been through, I would NEVER place an order from JCP again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I purchased a gift card online for my cousin as a birthday gift. In error it was being sent to me. I called the online customer service and they said to replace the order and when the gift card arrives to call and they would cancel it. It has arrived and I have been given a runaround from department to department regarding the cancellation of it. I will NEVER buy another thing from JCPenney ever again. I will not pay for this card either.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I ordered luggage and when it came, it was not what I ordered. I checked my online order and yes I did order the correct one so I called JCP. They asked if I had a store near me and yes within 30 miles. So I continue to order again the correct piece of luggage and guess what...they sent me the same thing as the first time, a 24 inch carry on and I ordered the large one. Well I go to my nearest JCP in Martinsburg and guess what...signs on the door saying this store is closed. I live in WV so my choices are MD or VA. I am not happy that I had to travel twice to get to a store to return something that I did not order. I can see if I changed my mind or something but it was not what I ordered or wanted and it is poor customer service. They should have offered to send me a postage paid label or emailed me one to print. No wonder their stores are closing!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have had the worst experience EVER with this store and their delivery company... Twin Cities delivery. Where do I start. The delivery co first told me my two queen mattress and box spring sets would be delivered on Saturday 9/23, then I got an automated message stating delivery is 9/26. This day didn't work for me so I called and was told they don't deliver Saturdays and it's coming 9/26, they refused to take it off the truck. My local JCPenney store called them and was told the same thing. She apologized and said she can't believe they won't take it off the truck. She stated they will call day before. I found someone who was willing to come, but never got a call. Thinking they may have taken it off the truck.

Now, they showed up at my house. Luckily my sons were excused early from class. I get home and notice I have 1 full queen set and a queen box spring with a full mattress. I called JCPenney. Was told, "Sorry the manager will call tomorrow." No call from the manager. I called again the next night and was told I had to return my order and rebuy... Um, no! I was getting a gift card for my troubles. I want my queen mattress! She gave me the complaints number, which I called. After being hung up on and on the phone for almost 2 hours I finally got someone who helped me. I got a whopping 10% off and was assured they would do a 3 way with the delivery service.

Nearly 4 weeks later, I find out they are delivering the mattress... yay and on a Saturday, what liars! I went online to view tracking and what do I see... a king mattress is being delivered! I called again and no call back. ThIs is a long standing pattern with JCPenney and their delivery co... no callbacks and lies and mistakes. I have left out the countless calls with no return and countless hours wasted on a simple queen bed order. I talked to a coworker who told me her friend got the wrong mattress, at a different co and was told to keep both since they can't sell the used mattress, more percent off and a gift card. Not JCPenney. All I get is 10% and a major headache with lies and wasted time.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've purchased in the past several thing from JCPenney. Lately I've tried to enter to the internet page and it says I'm not authorized to enter from this server. Has anything change since we could purchase? I'm located in Bogota, Colombia, but the purchases I've made are dispatched to my address in Miami USA. What should I do in order to enter the information of the stores and order several things I'm needing? The person who attended a telecom from me today was very poorly trained and did not offer any solution, either effort to give a satisfactory answer. This is a shame.

JCPenney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenny was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenny has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenny store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

• Best for: jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs