1.30/5
Based on 297 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1456 JCPenney Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am writing this complaint for my mother. She always has a credit card with this company. She sold her home and moved in with me four years ago. She has a great income and savings, that would make anyone blush! She went to use her card and noticed it had expired (much like that thought she did, as there was no activity for a few years). So, I contacted JCPenney, explained that she was indeed alive and kicking. They told me to do an online application (which I did) and they would contact us.

A few weeks went by and we get a letter saying we needed to phone them. We did, they spoke with my mom, she answered their questions. Again they said we would be getting a letter in a few weeks. Well, we got that letter today and she was denied. I phone and asked why...they would not tell me. Excuse me? I just did a credit check on her and her credit score is great! So, what's the problem? If they checked her Bank Accounts they would be happy to see her spend in their store. I'm sorry but they left me no choice than to report this.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased a livingroom set last June. In addition to the horrible experience with delivery, I also am experiencing living with a poorly made sofa. The seat sagged within months, and the padding on the arms flattened. We are a family of 4, and sit equally on all seats, but this particular side on the sofa dented. I called JCPenney a month ago, and was told someone would get back to me with a date to come and add more stuffing to the arms and seat. I hadnt heard from anyone, so I decided to call back before the 1 year passed. This time I was informed it's not under the manufacturers warranty. At one time, JCPenney sold decent quality furniture. I will NEVER purchase furniture from them again, I'd go to a second hand store first! Shame on you JCPenney for not standing by your furniture. This particular set has been unavailable for quite some time...now I know why!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Excellent sales, great customer service and clean store too. Happy with the merchandise. Good displays very colorful. Styles of clothing. Very good selection of goods. Excellent styling salon. Great jewelry. They also have nice makeup and perfume counter as well.

Original review: June 2, 2018

At a staggering 26.99 interest rate this is one of the worse possible cards you could own. Unfortunately, I had one and they had my credit limit at $7300. I paid the entire balance off and I guess I missed a little bit of change or something because the next "statement" said that my payment was past due $39.77. That one late payment in the years of having JCP card brought my credit limit down from $7300 to $500. A total of $6800 which will totally mess up my available credit and will mess up my credit score. Thank you JCP. I will be posting this on every single review website I can find.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The Sephora in JC Penney are a joke and knockoffs of the real store in terms of product knowledge and recommendations. I was referred to a setting powder that was not a setting powder but a mix in with foundation (I had never heard of that). So I purchased and threw away the receipt because all Sephora have the best return policy ever. When I figured how it wasn't setting powder 1 week later and returned, they gave me an inhouse merchandise credit that they said could be used online because the product I wanted wasn't in store... Turns out it can't be. Wrong again!!!

The associate #** at store #2877 for transaction scoffed at me rudely that I didn't have my receipt and tried to me feel silly for purchasing the powder when one of her colleagues told me it was setting powder and pointed out that I should have read the box. Seriously?? You guys work there and should be experts... I have always had positive experiences at Sephora and this was just the worst... I will never step foot in JC Penney's for the rest of my life ever. The only time I pondered going in was the Sephora is closer. Done. You should seriously fire that employee, she's costing you business. No wonder you guys are going out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: May 23, 2018

My email stated that my order was ready for pickup at the Town Center J.C. Penney in Hampton, VA and when I went to the store after work the clerk said it was not there. She would not call the online number that I had, she said that I was mistaken and it was being shipped. Not ready for pickup. I called the online number and they confirmed that my order was ready for pickup. I was dismissed by the younger clerk because I was older and made to feel I could not read "ready for pickup". I was not happy with the way the clerk dismissed what I was saying to her. All Baby boomers are not ready for the nursing home!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Ordered some cargo shorts from JCP online. Realized immediately that I ordered the wrong size. You can’t cancel online, but rather call their number within 10 minutes. I immediately called and was put on hold for 20 minutes. I was informed that I waited too long to cancel even though they had me on hold. Now I will have to return items to store and I will be out shipping costs. No wonder they’re going out of business. I’ll stick with Amazon for now on.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I placed order for a pair of shoes online. I was supposed to get it between 7 to 10 days. Assured date by May 12th. Never received it. Called them. They said it is shipped to local store. Local store says they never got anything. Called them back to cancel. They say they cannot cancel and local store needs to do it. Local store says they don't have anything on the order to cancel. It is just a runaround. They just pocketed my money and refuse to give the item ordered. Now have to call my bank and place a dispute. Horrible experience. Never order anything online from JCPenney.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Ordered towels for a Mother's Day present, was shorted, called in and was promised they would be overnighted to me so I would have them before Mother's Day. Get a notice will be here on Monday, day after Mother's Day. Called and spoke to 4 different supervisors and did not get this resolved and was finally given a pitiful $5 credit. What a joke!!! Apparently you cannot trust this company to do what they say they will do, customer service is nonexistent with JCPenney. They should have refunded the whole amount of the 2 towels they shorted me and said keep them for your trouble. This would not be a big issue, most people would have just went to the store and got them there, but I am disabled as I told them and cannot get to the store. So this was and is a BIG stressor for me. What happened to keeping your customers happy and doing the right thing?

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have had a JCPenney card for many years. I use it and then pay off the balance on time and have never been delinquent at any point. Because I am in debt on something else, not even a credit card JCPenney took it upon themselves to close a perfectly good account for no reason and did not even attempt to inform me. Please beware even if you do the right thing and make payments and are trying to get credit re-established. Do not trust JCPenney Card Services. It's unfortunate they just lost such a good customer. The worst part is I am a senior and their clothes and those items fit well. A lot of us shop (or shopped) there. I am spreading this message to everyone I know to not trust them. Due to an illness I became delinquent on something, though no fault of my own and that balance is only 900.00. This is an unacceptable practice, not that I can't get another card somewhere else, this one was just inconvenient.

Original review: May 5, 2018

JCPenney in Green Acres Mall is by far the worst ever. I explain to a sale associate I just lost my mother and I just wanted to look for a dress, she told me "sorry for your lost, but the store is closed." Anyone that was on the line to pay for their purchases, she made everyone get off. Her response "these people think we don't have a life." Also I asked the associated at the jewelry counter could she ring me up. I had two pair of earrings in my hand. Her response "I'm the only one here and it's going to be a while."

There was one customer standing in front of her and she and the customer were taking turns talking on the phone. I believe she was trying to help with credit issues for the customer. She kept telling the customer to ask why about credit issues. They were on the phone about 20 minutes. I bought this to the manager's attention. His response "Oh yeah we only have one person working with the high end jewelry at a time." I also told him about the long lines. He said it should be three registers open but it was only one. However did make the other associates open up. I was on the store about 45 minutes and walked out without anything.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I got the JCPenney app. There's a feature there that's said save your gift card for life. So all you have to do is punch in the gift card info and it's saved there until you want to use it. Well I did that. The card disappeared somehow. I called JCPenney and they haven't even called me back. So be careful out. The app has glitches. I lost my Christmas gift to them.

Original review: May 3, 2018

If this company goes under I would not be surprised. I will never ever order anything from this store again. Every other business is encouraging consumers to order online and pick up in store. They will even give you discount for in store pickup. Not JCPenney. These guys will actually charge you for shipping to the store. Don't you know that getting people to the store should be your main marketing strategy to get people in the store since you are mainly a brick and mortar business? Most other businesses will bend backward to get your item to you as fast as possible. These guys will do everything to delay your order.

Now my story. Ordered a shoe online on April 24. Order was shipped and received by the store in North Attleboro, MA on April 30th. Today, May 3, and these guys in North Attleboro do not even know what I ordered. My shoe is probably sitting on a wet floor somewhere in the loading dock waiting for someone to trip over it before they send me a notification to come get my item. Last time I am ever ordering from JCPenney.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but many of the dress shirts JCP has marked down with special "clearance" pricing always say, "Few Left" are actually SOLD OUT when you try to make a purchase. I've lost track the number of times I've seen dress shirts that were on clearance sale with a special discounted price that were actually sold out and continued to advertise the special clearance discounted price for days before the shirt was removed from the website. They might as well advertise they have washers & dryers on sale for $19.95 each while supplies last.

When people try to buy those items for that price JCP will conveniently be "SOLD OUT". They do this type of advertising all the time with men's dress shirts that are on "clearance" sale and they will be the first to tell you there is NO such thing as a "rain check" for ANY item on "clearance" sale...price is ONLY good while supplies last. Effectively, JCP is conducting a bait & switch. When a clearance item becomes sold out (CONVENIENTLY happens a LOT with men's dress shirts) they are fast to tell you about similar items available at their everyday low pricing...such a deal...NOT! Bait & switch is just another form of a scam. Kohl's DOESN'T play these "clearance" pricing games.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Made purchase of a dryer on 4/21/18 delivered 4/28/18. Dryer was too large for space. Return dryer with delivery guys. Went back to store to process a return where not so easy. At time of purchased customer service at store advice me of saving purchasing with gift card. I agreed. So placed money on gift card. Made my purchase. Now to process my return call customer service call center to have funds return to gift cards which I have in my hands. I was told I need go back to store to complete process.

A bunch of BS on the day I was in the store for return. Was advised CS call center would complete my return and assist with new purchase order. Not. So they advised a check is being generated which could take 7/14 days once mailed. It had not been cut or sent out. I called their Corporate office to advise I definitely was not happy as customer. Their processes and procedures need some changes where everyone on same accord. I have been a lifetime customer. May have make some changes. Waiting for a call back from corporate.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We bought two of the same leather recliner made by a company called Bryce. The leather on one of the chairs is peeling in small strips and coming off. Looks horrible. Penney's customer service says we've had them too long (18 mos.) and they won't help us. One of the chairs is still in perfect shape. The other one is simply defective. Penney's should stand behind what they sell. Sorry to say our family has been a Penney's customer for years, since I was a little kid. Not any more.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Well I have finally had it with JCPenney. I have shopping at JCPenney for most of my life. As a child this is where my mom usually took me for clothing and I have continued there as an adult for most of my 75 years. The past maybe 10 years customer service has become almost none. You can never find anyone on the floor to assist you. There are few places in the store to actually pay for your items and often there is a long line and wait. So I'm done with JCPenney and will be shopping some place else.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I shopped around for a coastal bedding set and found one on JCP site for $230. With their 60% off coupon, the price dropped to $92. I thought I was getting a great deal. Shipping was $9, plus another $4 for 'oversized item', for a grand total of $105. Shortly after I placed the order, I came upon the exact same set, same brand new, same items included, at Bed Bath & Beyond for $80. Using my 20% off coupon brought the BB&B price down to $64 and they shipped it to my house for free. Not such a great JCP coupon after all.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I ordered Roman shades online. I attached the brackets to my window only to find out they do not fit with the shade. There is no way to hang them on the provided brackets. When I called customer service I was transferred around in mid-sentence and ended up being talked down to by a very nasty person. This is who they employ to help customers buying their crap. I'm trying to figure out how someone like this who is making minimum wage and speaks like she has a third grade education gets such an enormous attitude. How do these people act as if they are better than everyone? I'm never going at JCPenney again. I seriously can't understand how they're in business!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I waited over a month for shipping information only to be told it'd be another 6-8 weeks more because I had asked for a price adjustment only days after we purchased. We decided to cancel our order and it has now been over a month and still haven't received our refund. Their customer service doesn't even show a trace of our refund and is instead blaming my bank for holding my funds which I know it's not true. I will never consider dealing with them for any future furniture orders.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I am a cardholder and receive mail coupons with offers and promotions. The most recent is an "in-store only" promotion that began today 4/20/2018 and is supposed to run through 05/13/2018. When I arrived in store to receive my free 10 piece sample pack from Sephora they were OUT. I think this is false advertising to get patrons in the store.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Horrible customer service! Ordered washer and dryer online on 4/4 and entered accepted payment method. Set up delivery for 4/12. Received call from delivery department on 4/11 stating my order would be delivered between 1030-1230 on the 12th as planned and I would receive a call 30 minutes prior as a heads up. By 430, I hadn't received a call and the delivery hadn't been made so I called the delivery department and left a message. While waiting for a return call, I called the status phone number on my order confirmation and the automated system said my order had shipped. I thought that the delivery folks may just be delayed.

Delivery department called me before 5 pm and let me know that someone from JCP had actually called them on the 11th and canceled my order noting "customer no longer needs item". I had not called to cancel my order at any time and my husband and I actually took the day off work to receive the delivery. He directed me to JCP customer service. This gentleman was very nice and apologetic. He handled the hiccup well. I called customer service and explained the situation fully thinking that maybe a mistake was made and someone had cancelled the wrong order by accident. Things happen and although this would be an inconvenience, I was still not yet upset. The agent transferred me to an escalation agent.

While holding for this next agent, I checked my email. I had received an email on the morning of the 12th stating that my order was canceled because the item was no longer available. Order status system said that my item was shipped... and the delivery department told me that I supposedly called and canceled the order. The agent came on the line and I again explained my situation. He told me that my payment was declined and they had tried to process twice and it wouldn't go through. I asked him why they didn't call me about it so I could rectify the problem by calling my bank to assure them this wasn't fraudulent activity or provide them with an alternate method of payment. He said they called PayPal and PayPal denied the payment and wouldn't release funds to them.

I again asked why someone didn't call ME as their customer to talk through the issue. He said they sent me an email. The only email I received is the one where it tells me the items are no longer available...not that there was a payment problem! And I received on the day that I was to have my items delivered, not prior! He asked for another method of payment and that he would set me up for another delivery. I let him know that I did not want to order my appliances from JCP any longer.

I then called PayPal to find out why the payment was denied because the payment actually showed as pending in my account. PayPal said that they didn't decline my payment and it was still pending because JCP just had to grab and accept it. PayPal also states that they have no record of JCP calling to talk about the payment as the escalation agent said. I asked PayPal to cancel the transaction so that it doesn't go through to JCP at a later time for an order I never received.

After this, JCP escalation agent called me back (unexpectedly) apologizing for the problems and offered me a $400 discount on my order. I appreciate the offer, however, declined because I don't have trust in JCP's processes since they don't know if 1 - I canceled my order, 2 - my items are no longer available, 3 - My order shipped but was not delivered or 4-my payment was declined. I heard all 4 of these responses from JCP about my order. All 4 are incorrect. I went to Lowe's last night and ordered a set that is a step up from my original order at JCP for $300 cheaper and they are delivering to my house today. If you're considering JCP for your appliances, don't waste your time!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was at JCPenney store at The mall in Nashua NH and It was 9 o clock so I was trying to get out of the store with my 1 year old but I was park at the other side of the mall so the lady didn’t let me get out. She said I had to get out through the door that goes to the street because every mall door closes at 9 pm. It was just 9 o'clock and they closed the door on my face and send me out with a 1 year old when outside was 20 degrees. My surprise is they were lying. Every door on the mall was open. Just there was close. I feel they are very inhuman to do such a thing to a woman with a baby on arms.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Last Tuesday night my washing machine went out. I went to JCPenney in Hiram, GA on Wednesday after work and purchased a new GE washer from Camille. She is very nice and for her part very professional. The washer was scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I was a little surprised because Home Depot, Sears, Best Buy and others deliver next day. On Friday afternoon I received a call that my washer would be delivered on Saturday between 11am-3pm. The driver would call 30 minutes prior. Well on Saturday it got to be 4pm and I still had not received a call. I called the number on my paperwork. The automated service said my delivery was scheduled for 2pm. Obviously it hadn't been delivered at 2pm.

I called the store. Camille happened to be working. She made some phone calls and found out that my washer didn't make it on the truck for Saturday's deliveries. Just great!! And no one could call and tell me that before I spent the whole day waiting on it?? Then to top it off the next available delivery day was Wednesday! Not Monday but Wednesday a full week after my purchase! Well today is Wednesday and still no washer!! I called the store again this morning at 11am and spoke with the manager on duty as the store manager is on vacation until Monday. She said that she would look into it and either she or the appliance department manager Tony would call me back.

At 3:45pm Tony the appliance manager called me to let me know that my washer hadn't arrived from the distribution house yet to go out for delivery. REALLY!! So at this point I have no idea when my washer will be delivered! I inquired about having the store floor model delivered to me. Tony stated that it was a terminal offense to deliver a floor model. I asked if he had spoken to the store manager to see if some sort of exception could be made as I've already been without a washer for a week. He said he was trying to find out and he would call me back. They keep saying that GE is responsible for the delivery and that it is basically out of their hands once the sale is made.

I told them that I feel that I should be compensated for all of this hassle and it taking more than a week to receive my washer. Their answer to that is - "GE will compensate you." Really? Well, I'm not holding my breath as they can't even deliver a washer as promised. I am awaiting Tony's call back. I still have no resolution to this issue at all. They have my money and I have no washer. I would not recommend to anyone to purchase an appliance at JCPenney's. I have no intention of purchasing anything else from JCPenney.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We just received our online order and surprise surprise, it's the wrong color. We call customer service to get the correct item sent to us with a return authorization sticker for the shipment of the incorrect item back to JCPenney. The service representative supervisor says, "Who does that?". Ah like everyone. "Oh we don't do that," she says. She proceeds to inform us that WE have to drive to a freakin' store AN HOUR AWAY or WE PAY to ship it back to the .com folks. Only after that will we receive credit on our charge card for the wrong item JCPenney SENT US!!! After all that they would happy to ship your purchase that you had to buy all over again!

Original review: April 3, 2018

JCPenney is the worst store ever. I ordered a new $3k refrigerator and $4k on washer and dryer. They told me delivery date would be March 16th so I planned my move to my new home around this. On March 16th as I was moving they called and said my refrigerator would not come until the 29th and my washer and dryer would not come until April 3rd. After a heated conversation with their highest level escalation person, they agreed that they were going to compensate me for this by giving me back at least 10% of the purchase and that they would call me on the 29th once the refrigerator was delivered to let me know about the compensation. They never called!

Then on April 3rd nobody called and no washer and dryer came. So I called and they told me that it had been rescheduled to the 10th. I asked why they did not call and they told me that their contracted delivery company never calls them to let them know that they rescheduled deliveries. I asked why would they use a delivery company that does that. She told me she did not know and is constantly getting complaints for the same problem. This is the worst customer service company and they do not treat people right and do not care if it is fixed or not. If I could give no stars I would!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Constant calls to set up delivery (3 different delivery dates). All the calls were automated, most would hang up as soon as we tried to hit the number with the option we needed. Would give the item number extremely fast without repeating, but would repeat the number to call back twice very slowly (despite showing on our phone). Delivery came for two of the same dressers, but they delivered one of the correct order and one of a different dresser. To correct this, we need to wait 3-5 days for review, then they’ll let us know when they can come pick it up “if we’re not backed up”. We can get the refund (which may take a while) after they pick up the wrong dresser. To get our correct dresser, we need to order it again. Truly awful service, getting ahold of anyone, let alone anyone helpful has been a nightmare. Absolutely will not be ordering here ever again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Very irritated with customer support major appliance. I purchased a slide in stove online and it was promised to be delivered 3/29. Had to be home of course so I took half a day off to stay home to revive my stove. 4:30 comes around and it still hadn’t arrived so I called JCPenney who informed me it was still going to show up. They are just running late. Called again at 8:30. Said it probably won’t show up but will definitely be there first thing in the morning and to call as soon as it does show up and they will compensate me 10 percent so I took another half day off work. 10 comes around and still no stove. So I call and they said it was coming for 1-5. Great. Another half day off work turned into a whole day.

So this is my 2nd day I’ve taken my time to stay home. No calls to tell me it wasn’t coming to go about my day. Finally at 3 or so I call again and they tell me that the guys whose truck it’s on Isn’t working today so I wouldn’t receive it after I was told multiple times it was. Finally Saturday morning the range arrives. The delivery guys were in a rush. Didn’t even want to bring the range in the door but I made them. After they left I open the box and there is a dent in the side of the range.

To top it off I call JCPenney after it was delivered just like the woman told me to and she said it was on GE not JCPenney. Thinking I need to call back and just tell whoever to come get it. If I didn’t have so much time invested in getting the thing and the calls there would be no question. JCPenney customer service was nice enough but you can promise a customer something so they won’t cancel the order and then not follow through. It will be the last major appliance I buy from JCPenney and I’m aware GE was also to blame but I purchased through JCPenney. I was their customer so it was their job to make it right.

Original review: March 31, 2018

When it comes to buying appliances I highly recommend staying away from JCPenney Pensacola, FL. My experience has been trainwreck after trainwreck. I purchased in January of 2018 a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer from Merna. It is March 29th and I still don't have my frig hand dryer. First delivery date they were a no show and called after the timeline.

2nd delivery date they broke screw in dryer and had to order new one. The frig was damaged with several dings and scratches. Offered me 150.00 to take that one or order new one. 3rd delivery brought another dryer but was wrong color, still no frig. This Saturday the 31st of March refrigerator is coming but not dryer. I had sent pictures to supervisor of appliances showing her color match was off and was not the dryer on display in JCPenney on showroom floor. I also went to JCPenney to speak with the supervisor, Jaquie, because she didn't contact me like she said she would, to make sure this issue was taken care of.

She was leaving for the night and referred me to sales associate, Merna. The supervisor told me she was moved to another department, jewelry, but would still oversee transactions made on her shift in appliances. I had sales associate call Samsung to confirm supervisor ordered another dryer. I also talked to Samsung who told me my new dryer would be delivered on the 31st with refrigerator. I told them I wanted both still in the styrofoam box sealed tight with straps. The Samsung representative responded, "So you want the white glove service." I told her I wanted what I saw and purchased from JCPenney, not damaged and different appliances.

I was told by Samsung that the refrigerators do not come in a box. But when speaking with supervisor of appliances for JCPenney she said they did and that she inboxed all the ones on the Show Room floor. I after speaking with Samsung I asked to speak to the manager, Joe, of the store. He told me he would take care of everything and told me how much trouble they have had with the delivery agent. Told me he would take care of the install of my microwave and dishwasher even if he had to put it on a JCPenney card. Then said when everything is complete he would look at would they would give me for my inconvenience.

The store manager assured me I would hear from him the following week which I did not. Two weeks later with 4 days until delivery date of the 31st I decided to go see the manager since he did not call me. The manager showed me a email from escalations saying there was never a complaint put in about the dryer and it had not been approved. The manager told me he thought they would come through and would have me a dryer coming with my refrigerator. I went home and called Samsung and JCPenney customer service and they said all they knew about was a email made dealing with Joe that I had not been approved yet for a new dryer.

Samsung asked me to send pictures and model and serial #. Then I contacted JCPenney's corporate office and he said the same thing. I told him I was thinking about returning everything. Robert told me that adds another problem that I would have to pay a 15 % restocking fee. After speaking to Robert Samsung called back and told me they got the pictures of the dryer and could see the differences in the color but had the same model # . She said they couldn't guarantee a new one would be the right color either. I told her the ones on the showroom floor in JCPenney match in color and that's what I purchased. I suggested I talk to Joe the JCPenney manager about refunding me the washer and dryer and then reordering them together again to get a matching set. Joe responded, "Who's going to pay for that."

And then said he could put it on the JCPenney card. Joe asked me not to talk to anybody else that he had his circle of people working on all this and he had faith they would come through. I went home and called Samsung again and they said I had been approve and started the process to get it delivered. They said up a delivery date of April 7. I texted Joe, JCPenney manager and told him. I got my first response from Joe. He said fingers crossed. The following day I decided to call Samsung to validate April 7 delivery date again and they told me they saw the 7th as the delivery date but underneath she saw that the dryer was on back order and wouldn't be in until the 19th. She said she didn't know why he scheduled it before that. So she rescheduled it for the 21st.

So now I have the refrigerator arriving on March 31 and the dryer on April 21. I will have all my appliances 3 months after purchasing them. Now let me tell you my experience with the delivery drivers. The first delivery scheduled they did not show up at all and called after the time frame to tell me. On the next delivery I watch the guy take a used box off the refrigerator, not styrofoamed like other appliances were and then later shows me dents and scratches and said you saw me unpack it. When he installed my stove he didn't use NEW part to attach to floor so the stove wouldn't go back all the way. I was told I had to purchase all new parts or it would void the warranty.

He had to put new part on and when he took old one off he pulled paint off my wall and cabinets I just painted. Next delivery the guy tried to tell me the parts weren't included. I told him they were and that I paid for them. He went to the back of the truck and got them. I have been without a refrigerator since the day before of the delivery day of the damaged one they brought me., I was without a dryer until the delivery date they brought the wrong colored one. Even JCPenney associates have told me that don't like selling appliances to customers because they know how bad the service is. Merna, showed me a stack of complaints on her clipboard and said that's not all of them. Joe the manager took that clipboard when I was placing my complaints.

Updated on 04/01/2018: I was suppose to have my second refrigerator delivered on March 31st and have my microwave and dishwasher installed. My delivery time was from 2-6:00 pm. Instead of getting my delivery and install I got for the second time a call saying the delivery truck broke down and they weren't going to deliver. Now I got that call at 5:30 pm. I'm going to take a educated guess that delivery guy didn't want to do a install that late. I'm pretty sure it was the same guy that was suppose to make my first delivery and called and said the same thing. Next I messaged Joe, the store manager but of course I didn't get a response from him. So I drove to Penney to see if Joe was there. I must have just missed him because a employee told me managers have to stay later when there is a holiday.

So I then stopped by to talk to Merna, my saleslady I bought from. We went over the conversation we had last time I saw her. We were on the same page about the dryer and refrigerator was suppose to be delivered on the 31st together which didn't happen. (Refer to first review.) Then I stopped by and talked to Jaquie who was the supervisor of appliances at the time of my purchase. We also were on the same page about the dryer and refrigerator suppose to be delivered both on the 31st. Matter of fact Jaquie showed me where she sent Joe the manager the pictures I sent her of the dryer. She told me she had told Joe they needed to get this order right and had also spoke to the district manager Matt. Sounds like Jaquie was trying to follow through and make thing right. But after that the trainwreck continued because I was shown a email that there was never anything said about the dryer and it went approved.

I was told to send pictures that was already given to the supervisor by me and the supervisor sent Joe the manager. I also sent Joe the picture after I sent it to Samsung and they approved a new one. So now I am waiting to hear from the delivery people for another delivery date. Oh and on the 31st the day I didn't get my delivery for the second time my bill for the appliances arrived for the first time. I sent Joe the manager a copy of that and said "It's your turn, I wanna know how much of this bill is going to disappear for this trainwreck?" I told him I think all of it should. I am now trying to contact the District Manager Matt. Looking for the hidden phone number. Now I know why so many Penneys are closing.

Original review: March 29, 2018

On Feb 10 I helped my mother order a twin XL mattress and box spring from JCP online clearance. It is now March 29 and we still do not have our order. However, we have received 5 delivery confirmations and drop off times from 3 different trucking companies, only to call the following day to say they cannot find part of our product. Each time this call comes just after my elderly mother strips her existing bedding and twice she has had helpers or family waiting to assist her, not to mention she has had to cancel 2 medical appointments in order to be home during the 4 hour delivery windows.

I've called customer service multiple times which is usually a 30 minute hold either to be disconnected or connected to a minimum wage worker pretending to be the manager when I ask, with no professionalism. During one of the calls I was treated like a human being by Lori/Laurie and she made a few follow up calls trying to remedy the situation. 2 weeks later and still no bed. I would cancel all together but my mom already bought twin xl sheets and bedframe. She has been a loyal JCP shopper all her life. Never again.

JCPenney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenny was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenny has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenny store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

• Best for: jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs