JCPenney

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to purchase a pair of workout capris. The only ones they had on sale were buy one, get another half off and I only wanted one pair, so I looked on the clearance rack. I found a pair of size XL but they had no sale or clearance sticker and the regular price was $29. I then found a pair of the exact same ones in a size Med. that had a clearance price for $12.xx, AND a 1X for $7.xx. I took all 3 to the checkout and was told I would have to pay the full price if I wanted the XL because everything is priced according to the size and not the item!

JCPenney decided to change my regular JCPenney card to a JCPenney card with a chip and MasterCard logo. I tried to order a pair of boots online and use a coupon. The coupon said 20% if I use my JCPenney card. But it was only giving me 15%. I called and the customer service line, they said because it's a MasterCard and I can use anywhere, it no longer is considered a JCPenney card. I was told this by 2 different people. I called again a week later to find out how to get my original JCPenney account back, with no MasterCard. I was told I would have to reapply, which I did, and I was told I already have an existing account. I wrote to the customer service email twice for assistance and never received acknowledgment or response.

I am disappointed with the customer service. I bought a washer and dryer via jcpenney.com. I was emailed a delivery date of 3/13/17 between 11-1. I waited for the delivery however, the delivery never arrived. I called JCPenney customer services line and was told that the delivery company GE reschedule my appointment. I was never notified. However, I was told that my appointment was rescheduled to Monday 3/20/17. However, they are not able to give me an expected time of delivery. This is unacceptable. I have to work. I can't take off another day to sit at home.

They are very nonchalant about the ordeal. There is no consideration given to me as the consumer. I was just told that sometimes the delivery company does that. They were not willing to make an arrangement to give me the items I have purchased. JCPenney does not care about the consumer. I was forced to cancel my order and wait up to 14 days to receive a full refund. Ideally, I would like the items I purchased to be delivered to me by this weekend.

I placed an order from JCPenney on 2/28 and have not to date received my item. It was suppose to be at the store for p/u on 3/8. I have called the JCPenney.com, with no positive results. I asked for a refund. I was told "we cannot give you a refund, you will have to go to the store, when the items arrive", and when it is this suppose to happen? I am done with JCPENNEY'S. I had to call my bank, to investigate, and recover my money.

I am completely horrified by how JCPenney handles their issues. I was basically told that it's my bank's issue not theirs. I ordered a ship to store purchase on March 3rd. I picked it up the same day, realized they didn't fit and returned it the next day. I saw that the pending payment on my account was gone and thought that was the end of it, it wasn't. I was charged for the purchase today (a week later). Since I thought everything was squared away I didn't feel the need to keep almost $50.00 in my bank account. Since they charged me a week later I was over drafted. Now I have basically paid $70.00 for something I don't own. Once I spoke with them about this problem they said it was the bank's issue to deal with. I will not be stepping foot into a JCPenney again. I hope everyone who can reads this and is warned to stay very far away. This is a horrible company that is consumed with getting their money no matter how it affects other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

The experience has been so bad that you've burned me once, shame on you, but you won't burn me again! I bought several items and played the game, 2 rebates per item, and carefully sent them in, keeping copies. You got your originals and I got the copies. I got damaged boxes and no original receipts. Now you've invalidated them because I didn't send them in the mail with a postmark within 33 days (never did find that rule or directed by the CHAT person as to where it could be found) told "The system will not validate submission that have more than 33 days from the postmark date." "But we do have to follow the guidelines of the promotion." One item he said wasn't up for the promotion. That's funny because the sign sure said it was and I pulled the rebate form off the computer.

Consumer beware. Walk the other direction!!! Don't be tempted. I'll consider your store only as only a pathway into the mall. Their resolution - They were really sorry. They would validate the December 28th postmark (seeing is believing) but none from the January 12th. These were Black Fridays specials or maybe not a good special after all.

After being transferred 2-3 times and over 52 minutes on the phone, finally getting to a supervisor (AMY) I had to repeat myself, 2-3 times prior of my situation. I have been a PLATINUM member with JCP for over 4 years. In the past, never a problem, always resolved. Amy continued to ask questions that are never asked. I tried to explain to her, my reasons of questioning her, which I did, because she brought up different scenarios. I even apologized to her on 1 occasion and then mentioned to her I was wrong. Did I get a Thank you at all. NO. I then explained to her being in customer service for 23 years I have never continue to push buttons when still not getting the answers of the questions provided.

Here is my story. On Feb 18, 2017 I ordered, well I thought I ordered 4 sets of Queen sheets through a employee at the JCP store. I was advised that my order should arrive within 5 business days to my home. I was away on business, as I explained to (AMY) No emails, no phone contacts of why my order has not arrive. Now over 3 weeks. So I called JCP.com. My 1st point of contact was 3/4/17. I was told my order was cancelled. I asked why. They said I need to speak to someone in a different department (supervisor) not on duty until 730am Eastern time. I then called back on 3/5/17 and was transferred 2-3 times and continued to answer all their questions they asked me, but no one could answer my questions, or give me an explanation of why my order was cancelled.

Until I asked for a Supervisor. That's when I got (AMY). I had asked her if she knew what was going on because I had already repeated my situation 2 times prior. She did not. She then started asking me all these questions about me. Which when I call in from my listed number in the system they know who I am. I explained my situation. I asked (AMY) why my order was cancelled. I wanted a reason. She then explained. The order was put in wrong by the agent in my local store. She never put my email address or phone number in, and the quantity was wrong. Then I questioned, this could not be.

My bill came in adding up to what I purchased, that's when I told (AMY) I have not received any of my order. I then explained 3 weeks have went by. Can I order a different item at a discount price of $10. off each item due to a 3 week delay error of the agent who incorrectly made my order. She then explained to me, "it is already on sale. We cannot give any other discounts".

I explained to (AMY) 3 weeks is a long time not to receive a order or have any phone contact or explanation. She (Amy) continued to say "do want to re-order the items you originally ordered". 1st (AMY) continued to say "I can get these cheaper for you". I knew something was wrong because my credit card bill still owed was over 200. and her bill added up only to 139. She did not listen to me. I even said to (AMY) "aren't you listening", (Amy) then said, "sir, do you want to re-order these items". I then said to her. "(AMY ) Haven't you hear a word I'm trying to explain to you". She did not want to hear anything I had to say. I told her in 4 years I haven't EVER been treated as RUDE on the phone as she was. She became silent...

I then said Hello, several times before she replied back. So 1 more time I said to her, for my 3 week order error could I get an additional $10. discount off each item, she continued to say "no. I can't". Then (Amy) said again "do you want to order these or not". I said no I do not, as well as told her to remember my words, that I was going to write this about her terrible customer service attitude. I enjoy shopping at JCP, and JCP.com but after this experience from the supervisor (AMY) Who did not care or want to listen, I will now take all my business elsewhere. She needs a lot of customer service training, or needs to be demoted.

All I can say is I will never shop there again. There was a sale online so I ordered online but decided to pick up in store. I ordered 4 things on 2/13, the items finally all were available to pick up on 2/22. I go to the store to pick them up and all of the items were there so I thought everything was fine. First on the Discovery toys microphone I bought, the demo button did not work and when I took it apart it had drained batteries inside (even though it said batteries not included). Was it a floor model? Was it a return? Who knows. Then upon closer examination of a necklace that I purchased in the same order. I realized it was a different theme than what I had ordered (I ordered Shopkins but it was "Pets").

I called to ask what they can do for me because I'm attending a birthday party in 3 days. I'm told that they don't even sell the original necklace I ordered anymore and I have to either go to the store 30 mins away for a refund or send it back with a return label they send me and wait up to 3 weeks for my refund. Regardless I can't get the item they promised. They actually could see from their end that it was a Pets necklace and not a Shopkins that was sent in my pick up package but they still made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them.

I tried to make a purchase on-line. After one hour I finally ended up calling in to place my order. 2 sales associates outright lied because they could not figure out why I could not access my rewards points. When I made my purchase on a purse the sales associate said, "Oh, you get 40% off. Do you want another one". 40% off did sound like a good bargain so I got another purse. I also bought an egg cooker thinking that this too was 40% off as the ad said. I was told that my rewards were used on the purchase too. I made my purchase and hung up after giving the sales lady an excellent review. I thought about the cost which didn't sound that much like a sale, and checked the prices online. There was nothing taken off the price of the purses and nothing off the egg cooker.

I called back and was told the 40% did not apply to the purses and I did get $10 off the egg cooker. No rewards were used on the purchase. Then to add insult to injury I was told I could not cancel the order. I would have to return it after I get it. So I have lost another hour and it will probably take another hour to get the merchandise returned and ensure my card is credited. I can't go to the store as I am not able to walk or drive. I wonder how many times I have been lied to in the past and just didn't catch it.

I submitted the $10.00 rebate paperwork for the Cooks crockpot that was offered Black Friday 2016. I read prior to purchasing that the rebate system was a joke at JCP which I didn't want to believe. Well, now I do! Paperwork submitted, no rebate. After tracking and contacting them they said I didn't provide UPC. I have since read other complaints on the same product. I would have NEVER bought that crockpot without rebate. I have better things to do than argue over $10.00, but JCP, I guarantee you will not get my business again! You should follow through with your rebates! Is it really worth losing a customer over $10.00? Should have gone to Amazon... And I will next time!

I went to JC Penney on 2/18/2017 for the first time in nearly a year. The cashier asked if I was a rewards member. I gave her my phone number and she confirmed it. The total purchase was $38.89. Then this lady asked me if I wanted to apply for a JC Penney credit card. Seemly to her surprise I already had one. I gave her the card then she asked for my I.D. I've shopped at JC Penney for years and I have never been asked for an I.D. and especially for such a small off named brand purchase! Beforehand I stood in line waiting to be served and she never asked any of the prior customers for their I.D. I confronted her and asked her why she asked for my I.D. She claimed it was for my protection. lol... Bull! If my friend didn't need the blouse for church I would had thrown it back in her face and gone to Belk or one of the other 15 stores where I have credit cards for.

I purchased 3 items online 01/30/2017 and 2 of them came within the 3-5 days promised but the Steam Cleaner that we really need since we have 3 pets didn't come. I called on 02/06/2017 and was told my item was leaving the warehouse and that if it didn't come Friday or Monday to call back. Needless to say my steam cleaner didn't come Monday so I called back and apparently my item was still sitting in the warehouse (they overlooked it somehow) and that they would put a 2 day express shipping on it.

I called Thursday to find out when my package would be delivered only to find out the item was canceled and not being delivered! I didn't even get a phone call or email to me! The woman told me she wasn't sure why that happened since they have the item in stock but I could repurchase it and it would get to me by 02/22/2017. I'm very upset that this item is in and my order was canceled. I'm upset if I would have repurchased it, it would have taken 5 days to get to me. So now I have to purchase this item somewhere else because I can't wait another 5 days and who know if it would come then. I'm disappointed and will not shop on JCP.com anymore.

I purchased 5 items during thanksgiving sale on 11/24/2016 and sent the rebate for, a copy of receipt and bar codes to the rebate address. I didn't hear anything so, I called them after 4 weeks and they said they have not received my envelope with those stuffs. They wanted me take picture of everything and upload, I did and now they are saying they can't see the date on the receipt. Of course because the receipt is too long and it cuts either the top or bottom. I near in the core of my heart that this is fake & scam that JCPenney wanted to give rebate. I send so many cards & letters, never get lost. I had the tracking & USPS says it was delivered to their PO Box. JCPenney is cheater & a thug store, It should be closed out from business for making customers foolish. Who will take actions against those? I am sick & tired with them & hate to my death.

Back in November we ordered a dishwasher and it was installed in December. While we could install it ourselves, we decided since it was a free installation promo, we'd take them up on that. Horrible decision. The person who did our installation completed flooded our kitchen and basement. He repeatedly told my husband the water didn't need shut off, just under the sink. My husband argued with him, but finally backed off. Bad decision. When I started getting out towels to mop up the mess in the kitchen and my husband grabbed towels to mop up the mess that was flooding into our basement he kept telling us he'd clean it up after he was finished. I kept telling him that, "No, this couldn't wait. Our basement, where all of our Christmas gifts were being kept as well as our computer, had water gushing down into it. We needed to take care of this mess NOW."

Once he finally finished the installation he quickly took off. No offer to continue to help us clean up, not even an "I'm sorry". He clearly wanted out of there ASAP. Unacceptable. We spent that entire afternoon and evening using a wet vac, fan, and towels to clean up the mess. Not to mention constant laundry since we kept running out of towels. I called JCPenney that day to complain and we were put in touch with the department who handles claims. In a few weeks they sent someone out to access the damage. He said it was clear they owe us money to replace the ceiling in our basement and possibly the sub floor in our kitchen. He didn't want to pull up any flooring himself to check. He said a second person would have to come out to find out how much they would owe us for damages.

It's not February and we haven't even been contacted to set up an appointment. I have been on the phone non stop today to try to get a hold of someone. I have been transferred seven times. The phone quality gets worse with each transfer. The last person gave me a new number to call and it ended up being for Home Depot who was very confused why I called them. Why would they transfer me and give me the number to Home Depot?

When I called the last number I was given prior to that one I said I was sick of being given the runaround. I want to speak to the person who can get me set up with an appointment to see what we are owed in damages and if this isn't taken care of I will file a complaint with the BBB and also seek not just payment for damages, but a full refund on the dishwasher. This is unacceptable. JCPenney needs to find another company to handle installation if they don't even show remorse for their damages and then won't follow through on phone calls to let people know what they're doing for their claims. Will not purchase from JCPenney again because of this experience.

My husband purchased this ring in December 2012. I lost a diamond within 2 months. Since then I have lost about 10 stones, some of which are the same ones. I did purchase the lifetime warranty, thank goodness. I have had the ring in for repairs 8 times. They just keep replacing stones, which would be fine if they used the same quality stones as when we purchased it. I just picked up ring this week and I was in my office, which is very bright. I looked down at my ring and the stones that were replaced, (there were 4) are very dark in color. I almost thought the stones had fell out again, but after looking closer, I see they are just a darker color.

I have been OK with them just replacing the stones, but I am NOT OK with using stones of poor quality. I purchased the warranty for a reason. I have asked the last several times to for them to just buy it back. They always tell me that if it can be repaired that is what they will do. I'm unhappy with my ring now. I am thinking of purchasing a new one, but it will most definitely not be from JCPenney's.

On 2/5/17 I took my 16 year old daughter to JCPenney in Spanish Fort, Al and after 3 days of shopping/searching for the right prom dress my daughter found a beautiful My Michelle Merlot long formal dress. We take it to the register to purchase and when the cashier rang it up the machine alerted an emergency recall on this dress. I asked to speak to the manager as the cashier could not tell me anything except I couldn't buy it. Now if that's the case why we're there over 15 of these dresses on the floor out ready to be sold.

The manager Barbara came to the desk stated she had no idea what the recall was about but that I just couldn't purchase. She did not apologize for the incompetence of the stock still being out on the floor, she did not offer me any type of coupons to rectify the mistake, she did not even sympathize with the fact that my daughter's heart just got broken, she just said you cannot purchase it. I have never heard of an emergency recall on clothing and was disappointed in the manner that this was handled. I watched my daughter go from so excited to have finally found the perfect prom dress to this look of devastation in seconds.

Now I understand there are other dresses out there and a prom dress isn't life altering but to a teenage girl after trying on at least 100 dresses to finally finding that one... And then being told no. It is mood altering. The only recall I have found regarding the My Michelle dresses are from 2013... Is it possible the store never returned it back to the company and somehow it got pulled out into the stock this year. Who knows? All I know is that I will never shop at JCPenney's again. The incompetence and lack of communication at The Spanish Fort location is to blame.

Amazon is killing these stores online and these idiots have no clue why? You don't have speed delivery, you don't even email a tracking number to your customers, and you don't even have ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ONLINE.

Do not purchase ANYTHING from J.C. Penney that is for a rebate. You will never get it. I purchased a COOKS 3x1.5-qt. Triple Slow Cooker with Lid Rests. I purchased this item on Black Friday. 'Til this day they say they have not received a copy of my receipt, nor UPC code. I have confirmation through the USPS that the items I mailed off for my rebate arrived at their rebate center on NOVEMBER 28, 2016. Here it is 1/31/17 and the guy says they don't show anything. If I were you, I would not purchase a dog-gone thing from this store. They are scamming consumers by making them pay full price for the item. Go and buy the item from another store if you can help it. OH, by the way you can only email or chat with someone about your rebate. There is no phone number available.

Let me just begin by this. If you are paying cash for your purchases you will love this store- if you are making a large purchase and putting on their credit card you may want to read. My review talks about our large purchases we made using a JCPenney Credit Card. We bought a sofa and chair from their clearance which was under $2000.00; three years interest free. We then went back to the store and ordered a recliner to match the set which was around $1200.00 but the salesperson told us it was only one year interest free. I asked if I made large payments would they pay down the item whose promotional interest rate expired first and she said yes. My fault because I had made almost $3000.00 in payments when I noticed our balance was up to $3000.00 still. I called and they said I hadn't paid off the recliner and it accrued interest. I was shocked!! I reached out to JCPenney's to help resolve this mess but still not resolved.

I also noticed that if I pay JCPenney's a couple of weeks before payment is due I not only get a late fee of $35.00 but interest from the beginning of the month to due date. So, I called and had the one month late fee and interest reversed after explaining they could see I made two payments before the due date... but wonder how many times I had done the same thing without paying attention.

That recliner which was ordered in December didn't arrive until late January was broken upon delivery. The entire back of the recliner was crooked and you couldn't sit in it as the back wouldn't go up and down. We called and they sent a repairman in March. The repairman said back was taken out of the base. He had to remove the upholstery on the back and remove it because it was not connected to the base. And they are charging us promotional interest?

We cancelled our Penney's card because of this furniture. It's a nightmare trying to deal with their customer service. If you call at the wrong time you are definitely talking to a call center in another country... and they cannot help. Then you call your local store and they say they cannot help. Our fault, the first time we ever bought furniture on credit but definitely our last!! Bad experience. I use to shop JCPenney's all of the time. I use to love their coupons and deals. This was our first interest free item and it turned into such a mess that I refuse to even step foot in their store. They need to talk to their salespeople who are giving out wrong information.

JCPenney "20% off with store credit card". I went to the store to purchase a Bella Air Fryer. There were signs all over the store that say get an extra 20% off when you use your JCPenney credit card... Well I got to the register to use my JCPenney credit card to make this purchase and this sales representative tried several times to uses the code... then... the 'manager' comes up loud and ignorant and says, "You can use the 20% of anything you plug up." What? The sales rep and I along with everyone else in the line were like... "What, rude, loud Lady?" Now, why is this JCPenney?

1/11/2017 Tried to place an order on the JCP website. The website was NOT calculating items that were on sale, specifically, buy one and get the next at 50% off. I tried several combinations of items trying to do the math in my head since I had to also calculate shipping if under 100 bucks. The website simply wasn't working as expected, (like every other shopping website does) so I opened a chat window to find out what to do next. The cheerful person was happy to help and asked if I would like to have them (JCP) place the order for me. After a short amount of time, I was asked if I was ready to check out. I said, "uh yeah... but, I don't have visibility of the order." I was told the amount was 75 bucks and they would waive the shipping. This was a great deal and I was glad for chatting with someone.

HOWEVER... after getting the email confirmation, I realized that while I was experimenting with different items trying to figure out how/why the website was/wasn't calculating correctly, I had left a cheaper but wrong item on the order. I called the customer service number immediately. It was 5 minutes after the order had been placed and I'm told my payment had been processed and accepted and THEY/JCP closed the order immediately. NO CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ALLOWED!!! (Hardly seems legit...but okay). Apparently, the ONLY option available to me was to wait for the items to arrive at my house, call them back and ask for return labels, take the packages to a UPS store or schedule a pickup, and wait for the items to go through transit to be received by the manufacturer's warehouse at which time JCP will issue a refund when they're notified.

The MFG's warehouse is in Washington State. I live in Oregon. Portland to Seattle, under normal circumstances, is about a 3 and a half hour drive. Oregon did experience some bad weather so a small delay in shipping was expected. 1/23/2017 I received the items and promptly called customer service for the return labels. After a brief argument with the agent who claimed, they could not issue a return unless it was damaged or... some other lame hollow restriction arbitrarily plucked from the sky to "change my mind" on the return... I tell that person to read the notes on my order. The agent said the labels would be sent out standard mail to my address... which was my request... but here it is... 1/28/2017 and still no labels yet.

JCP is crazy if they think this is acceptable. Closing an order after payment and before it's picked/shipped is counter-intuitive. Claiming a policy of NO cancellations when it's JCP's website that's screwed up, isn't right... It's a red flag. Taking and holding my money while I have to wait for the good graces of JCP to go through their self inflicted process... makes me mad. Message received! I'm still not halfway through the return process and they/JCP might be shocked when I don't purchase from them again. Btw, after talking with some other people at work, yeah, I found out my first mistake was shopping at JCP. I'm here to confirm their poor reputation is well deserved.

We went to the home store in Las Vegas, NV and purchased a new table that we were told we would have by Thanksgiving. Well 3 months later and after being lied to several times that the table had shipped we finally received the WRONG table. So, I call the store and they tell me they can't help refund my money or help with picking the table back up. I call customer service and they tell me they can't help until Monday. Why is there a customer service line that's open on Saturday if they can't help until Monday? I will never purchase anything from JCPenney's again.

Went to JCPenney salon. People were rude. Tried to buy products, no prices were listed on product or the shelves. Had to ask the front desk who was rude and not pleasant. The location Novi Michigan place is a joke.

I have lost 40 lbs and needed to know my bra size. I checked the JCPenny instructions online, which also said 'Visit a Certified Fit Specialist at your local branch'. I opted for the personal and went to North East Mall, Hurst, Tx. I waited in the lingerie department for 30 minutes - not a soul in sight. Eventually I found someone in a different department who said, "Oh there's no one there at this time." So I went home. A week later same story, only this time I politely interrupted an assistant who was having a very loud conversation with a 'friend'. She said, "Oh I don't work in this department but I'll check if anyone can help you." Another long wait examining baby clothes, but she had disappeared never to be seen again. My third visit produced the same results. As for 'Visit a Certified Fit Specialist at your local branch' DO NOT go to North East Mall, Hurst, Tx. JCPenny anywhere certainly will not see me again.

I will never, ever step foot in a Penney store ever again in life. Their sales people lie to your face, enter your information incorrectly, don't enter your order correctly if at all. Furniture is delivered damaged. Billing Dept sends out threatening letters of intent to sent to Collections but have never sent you a bill or account. So-called supervisors hang up on you when you try to talk to them. Nightmare of a company to try to work with!!!

I recently ordered items for my husband and daughter from jcpenney.com and though I was satisfied with the quality of the items the return policy is horrendous. I would highly recommend purchasing through a different online company. I needed to exchange an item. I wanted the exact same item except my husband a size larger than what I had ordered. I was irate to find out that I had to pay shipping a second time in order to make an exchange. I often order from macys.com and they simply send out a return label and when they receive the returned item they reship the appropriate size free of charge.

I am highly disappointed because there is a purse that I really want from jcpenney.com (which would actually bring my total to the point that shipping on the original item would be waived) however, after my dealings with supervisor at jcpenney.com and their ridiculous online return policy it appears as though I will have to pass on the purse, get a refund for the sweatshirt and make my purchases elsewhere. I highly advise against any online shopping with JCPenney. In the long run it would have cost me over 25.00 in shipping charges to purchase a sweatshirt that was originally valued at 52.00; so much for sale! Again, I am extremely upset by this. I was a loyal JCPenney customer.

I purchased a pair of jeans before Xmas 2016 on a promo sale (i.e. Black Friday or cyber Monday). They were for my husband who had open heart surgery a year ago. His doctor ordered him to exercise, namely to walk. Consequently he has been consistently losing weight. After the holidays, after trying on jeans, he said they were a size too big. We went to JCPenney on 1/19/2017 at Willowbrook Mall in Houston, TX to exchange them for a size smaller. We had the receipt, order confirmation, tags still on jeans and all paperwork etc.

Clerk told us to find the right size and go upstairs to customer service because the original order was made online. We found the exact same model number, brand etc and did so. My husband was told that he would have to pay an additional $27.00 and that Penny's would not do an exchange. He told them to credit my account and forget about us paying more for the same item just one size smaller. This was upsetting because the jeans were a gift and now my husband has no gift from me.

I bought a mattress at JCPenney in Frisco, TX on 8 Jan. 2017 amount $1693.48, about 3 miles from their Corporate HQ in Plano, TX. After buying the mattress I was told the mattress had to be made before it could be shipped to our home and that it should take around 7-10 days at the most. Well it's past that. The delivery service which is located in California said it would be another week because they were backlogged. I called Penney's 800 # and was on hold about 30 minutes. When the rep answered the phone she had a sour tone in her voice and it only went south from there. Needless to say she was no help.

After 3 attempts trying to call the store in Frisco I asked to speak with the manager. Of course he was not available. I had to speak with Brady who did not have a clue and worst he really didn't care about resolving my issue. I finally went to the store and actually got to speak with a real Asst. Manager. I told her my issue and of course she was no help. So I canceled my order, handed her my JCPenney cards and told her that if this was the service of the future I'd rather do without.

Bottom line do not buy a mattress from JCPenney or anything else for that matter. It's too difficult and someone will end up lying to you to get you to buy something. I went to Mattress Firm today. Got the same exact mattress for 10% under Penney's with free shipping and I will get it tomorrow. I have been a loyal Penney's customer for over 35 years but as we all know now loyalty is nothing but a word. Soon they will run themselves out of business and all the exec's will get their huge bonuses. So sad...

Wrong curtain size! Talked to female rep on phone. They do not have another curtain my size and don't know if they're getting any more in stock. She said best I can do is go to a store near me, ha ha. Near me! And see if I can find a curtain like the ones they sent me!!! Nope!!! It was clearance. Yeah!!! They suck!!! And I'm screwed...

This is my second experience like this one and my last. My last complaint went to Plano TX and did no good. I had ordered a winter coat and got the wrong size. I ordered a L and got a PM. I am not petite or medium so I returned the coat. There is no longer a catalog department. There is one register where one person is working. One person. The line for service was long, maybe 40 people. I stood in line while the clerk at the register helped each customer. One lady in desperation called out, "can't you call some help?" The clerk replied, "I'm not allowed".

One man got out of line and said he was going to find management. If it killed him someone would be held accountable. I think they killed him as he never returned, we all laughed about it. I was there an hour and ten minutes. Then the only clerk wanted to chit chat. I shut her up and said, "no, I want you to return this and hurry up... I don't want to talk about whether or anything else you have people in that line that have been there over an hour..." How dare her start chit chatting with me when she is obviously slow and intentionally stalling everyone perhaps to get even with her boss. Who knows. This was at the Battlefield Mall in Springfield MO. I will never enter the store again and will cancel my credit card with them on Tuesday. Today is Monday 1-16-17 and is MLK Day so I'm sure there is no one at the cancellation desk. I can bet on that. Anyway, I am through with this company.

Compare Shoes Online