JCPenney

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I ordered online. It was to be ready for pickup within 4 hrs. So I called the store at the appropriate time to see if it was ready. The store rep said she couldnt find the order so put me on hold so she could find her Mgr to see if he could. He couldnt either and said it could take up 10 hrs for it to show. I hung up on him disgusted and called the JCP 800 customer service number. This Rep seemed helpful. She called the store to find out what was up and had me stay on the line. Then she said she helped him find the order. Then she said my wife was rather rude to him swearing and being obnoxious, but that I had been fine and she would be putting that in her report. Um I have no wife and he only spoke to me.

When he told me I didnt say Diddly I just hung up which may have been rude, but there was certainly no swearing obviously. He made this story up to save face when he was confronted by the Rep. Then my order was miraculously ready within an hr of the Rep speaking to him. I will be doing no business with JCP furthermore or even now. For I will not pick up this item instead waiting the 10 days for them to restock this item and then another week for them to refund my money.

I purchased new appliances from JCPenney to replace the ones that had been in my condo when I purchased it in 2005. I am happy with all of the purchases with the exception of the washer/dryer. It has been defective since the day it was installed. I have made repeated calls to JCP and to GE and I have been unable to get any help.

At first, I believed it wouldn't be a big deal getting the door to the dryer repaired. GE has made 3 trips to my house and I still have a dryer that does not close. When I called JCP, after being left on hold for 42 minutes, I was told that I needed to speak with GE. I told the person that I would like to speak with a supervisor. Then it got ugly.

Long story short, I will never purchase another appliance from JCP ever again. They seem unable or unwilling to help their customers. I have never spoken to so many people who should look for employment elsewhere. They have no interest in solving the problem or even admitting that there is a problem with their Major Appliances. I did find a very nice lady in the corporate office to talk to and I hope that my problem will one day find a solution. Keeping Hope Alive!!!

If you need a mattress right away DO NOT order from JCPenney! After I ordered online, they shipped the mattress 2 weeks later, to a warehouse near my house called MXD (they are the trucking company who will deliver the furniture to you). They told me that they wouldn't be able to deliver it to me for 2 more weeks! If I would have known how long it was going to take to get a mattress from them, I would have NEVER ordered!! So be prepared to wait a month until you receive your order!

I will NEVER buy major appliances from JCP again… And why you should not either!!! JCP store customer service is very good, the JCP resolution team is engaged, but the major appliance section and GE Home Delivery Service have a broken process in addressing customer problems. GE Home Delivery Service has terrible customer service and holds no accountability for fixing the broken processes it has in addressing customer problems. For GE Home Delivery, here is the catch phrase to never use… "I want to speak to a manager to file a complaint”. At those words alone you will either be put on infinite hold (ex. 45 minutes on the line when they say "Please hold for 3-5 minutes while I get a manager or try to address your issue") or they will “accidentally” drop your call.

Also, their automated service drops calls constantly. I have experienced this regardless of which prompt you select. I have called and try to get someone to resolve my delivery issue at least 6-8 times and every time this is the type of response I’ve gotten… And we’re talking about in just the last 2 weeks. If I could give GE Home Delivery a negative star I would because 1 star is not low enough!!!

Here’s my story in short: I purchased a LG washer and LG gas dryer from JCP Woodmore Towne Center asking the associate if I had everything I needed to get the unit delivered, installed and the old washer/dryer removed. I was assured that all was paid for and would be delivered on Friday, 25 August. Our order also included a 5-year warranty. We were told the delivery of the unit would be handled by GE Home Delivery and that a separate company would handle the connection of the gas dryer. So in essence, 3 parties were required to get us completely set up with our washer and dryer.

On delivery day 25 Aug., the truck broke down and the delivery had to be rescheduled for Sunday, 27 Aug. When the delivery team arrived on Sunday, they did not have the stacking kit needed for our order. We arranged for another delivery attempt after the equipment needed was resolved. The day of the 3rd delivery attempt, they never showed up and had canceled our delivery without notifying us of any problem. That notification didn’t happen until after I called almost at the end of the delivery time window. The story I was told by JCP and GE Home Delivery changed almost 4 times. First they said the delivery was made, then they said the vendor canceled it, then they said the delivery was made then again said the vendor canceled it. What actually happened here?

As of today, I do not have the washer/dryer, my credit card has been charged for the purchase, and I will have had to take off from work for 3-4 days just to get the new appliances. I have no idea what we’ll experience if we have to call in for any warranty issues once we actually get the appliances. I hope we won’t have the same problems of not great customer service.

So I have 2 negative experiences ordering from this BS store. And they wonder why Amazon is taking all their customers and they need sales everyday just to stay afloat. 1st Order. I ordered on the 12th. Received an email on the 16th that part of my order was canceled. WTF? It takes 4 days for the system to realize that the product was sold out? Anyway went to pick up the rest of my package on the 18th, after receiving an email saying my order was ready. I tried on the clothes I bought and it didn't fit. I tried to return it but because I used PayPal, they gave me STORE CREDIT, which I will return as this store is BS and will NEVER be shopping there again.

2nd order. Made the order on the 13th. Received NOTHING. No shipping confirmation, just a "thank you for your order" on the day I ordered. Now on the 28th (15 days later), I receive a call saying my order is available for pickup. Weird because for the first order I received an email. Whatever, I go to the store anyway. They tell me they canceled and refunded my order. Which is a LIE because I never received any emails on my order being canceled and again I ordered through PayPal which will immediately tell me when money is added or taken from my account.

When I called JCP on the 16th to ask them of the status to my order they said the product was in the store, yet somehow it is nowhere to be seen and was supposedly cancelled? BS COMPANY!!! Where is my money??? It was a hair product. Pretty sure the salon STOLE it and now they cannot give me what I waited 2 WEEKS FOR!!! If I do not get my money back I will take this up with PAYPAL. Complete BS!!! She said she will refund me but I see no email and no money in my PayPal!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

The experience with JCPenny and the purchasing of an entire appliance package for my kitchen has been a complete nightmare. We waited over two weeks to get the order and when it did come, the microwave that was brought did not work. It then had to go back and a replacement wasn't going to be delivered for another week. When that day came, I was called and told that they never received the appliance and they would let me know when it came in.

What you don't know when placing an order through JCP is that they use a third party delivery company that has even worse customer service. The fridge that I ordered did not fit and I had to return it. I accepted the restocking fee (15%) because it was my fault for not measuring properly. I was told that they would be picking up the fridge when they delivered the replacement microwave. When the delivery man came I said, "You are picking up the fridge as well. correct." He had no paperwork on it even though I was told by GE that they would be picking this up.

I ordered a brand new refrigerator. NOT from JCP and paid a rush fee to schedule it for the very next day. I called JCP customer service and was on the phone on and off for 1 1/2 hours and in the end no one was able to do anything to fix the situation that I did not cause. There is no blame take on by either parties. So now I am going to be left with two refrigerators in my home until they other one is picked up.

I am so disappointed, this was my first big purchase for my first home I've ever owned and all I have felt is frustration and anger due to the terrible system JCPenny's has created for themselves. I will never shop in that store for anything ever again. I suggest the same to anyone who is crazy enough to consider. The prices might be good, but the experience is terrible and I would have gladly spent more somewhere else!

My husband and I bought a new dining room set from JCPenney. At the original purchase time, we ordered 8 chairs, a table, and a china cabinet. We had to wait three weeks for delivery. The delivery day came and the gentleman delivering the furniture showed up. They started unloading the truck, at that point they called me out to the truck to show me that the box the table was in was damaged. No big deal, I took some pictures and told them to just take it back, I would straighten it out with JCPenney. Next, they unloaded the China cabinet. Only half of it was sent, and that half was also damaged. A piece of the wood near the bottom was cracked all the way through. Told them to also take that back with them and took delivery of the chairs.

I attempted to call JCPenney's customer service and was informed that there would be an hour wait, but could have a call back if I wanted. I selected the callback. At this point in time, I was not the least bit upset, things happen. I was certain that a large company would make sure that it was corrected. Finally got a callback, got connected to the right department and that's when it all went really, really bad. The furniture customer service is awful. The girl I talked to said that it would take 21 days for a refund check to be sent to us because we purchased the furniture using PayPal and that PayPal does not allow online credit. I know that's crap because I have gotten a refund before directly to my PayPal account. Then she wanted to recharge us for the purchase, but on a different card because she couldn't take PayPal over the phone.

I explained that I wasn't comfortable with that. I didn't want the first dining room set on our PayPal account and the second one on a credit card, all because they sent us damaged furniture. She didn't seem to see what the issue was. I didn't like being charged and having to pay interest in not one, but two dining room sets while waiting for a refund check. Especially since I did not have a dining room set. At that point, I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was unbelievably rude. I'm dismissive, condescending, all around disgustingly rude. I tried to explain the problem in the hopes that we could come to a solution that would make everyone happy, but she obviously did not care that I was upset (upset, not angry!) I asked her if she understood the issue, if there was any way we could possibly solve the problem and she just didn't care.

I asked her if she understood that their "policy" was not in the customer interest. She just got nastier. That woman obviously does not need to work in customer service. I have never had someone be that rude to me. I finally gave up on getting any actual help from her (mostly because she didn't want to actually be bothered with helping anyone.).

Next, I called their corporate office, by this time I was actually in tears. This time I got in touch with someone who was nice, and as I explained my issue he said the whole thing about having to send us a check in the next three weeks was incorrect. They could have issued a refund directly to PayPal, and it would take PayPal about three days to credit our account. We are now at the 28th day since I asked for a refund, and no refund has been granted. I called JCPenney a week ago to ask about the refund and they said they had processed it. Paypal has no record of it and we never received a check. My husband disputed the charged and they were removed from our account. We purchased a much nicer table elsewhere and I will never, ever buy anything from JCPenney again.

I paid $25 for a 24-hour shipment on August 21 and I did not receive my order. Call to ask what happened and they told me that I have to wait until August 24th because the shipment is not 24 hours, it's 2 business days from the day when the warehouse finds the item. Is this a joke??? On top of not receiving my things, the employee on the phone was very grumpy and she spoke rudely. GOOD BYE JCPenney, I won't buy anything again in this store because the way how you treat customers and the lack of cordiality and lying about a 24 hour EXPEDITED shipment which is not true!

NEVER EVER BUY major appliances from JCPENNY. Their service is so bad. It's been a month and still they were not able to deliver the product. Each week, they schedule and I take few hours off from work and no one show up. Call the customer service. They apologize and things doesn't happen. I don't think JCP is good for appliances. I don't think that's their expertise. Stay away.

I tried to place an order at jcp.com with a spend $10 get $10 off coupon. My total order was $17.98. When I applied the coupon it said my order doesn't qualify for this coupon. I called customer service but they couldn't figure out why, One supervisor (Antoinette) started reading me the list of exclusions. I told her, "Just tell me the part that pertained to my order", there was none. She said, "I can't make it take the coupon if it won't." I told her, "I'm not asking you to. Just give me a legitimate reason", she had none. Called corporate on Monday. Also no help. Offered me the promo they have now %10-15% off (horrible).

I bought my whole kitchen appliances from JC Penney a few weeks ago. Fan range above cook top did not fit and neither did the microwave. I've called them to return multiple I mean multiple times and no one has helped me. They only picked up the microwave and they never returned my money... now they said wait another week to get appointment to pick up next appliance... Never again will I ever buy appliances from JC Penney!!!

They state your items will arrive in 4-7 business days. When you call, you are told it takes 4-7 business to ship the order, then 3-4 more days to receive. They say items have been released and are on hold??? Why??? I order a lot and get most things from other companies in a maximum of 4 days, most of the time 2-3. There is no reason to call customer service - their job is to read to you what you are reading on your order page on the website, and give you some lame excuse.

I have been a customer of JCPenney for years. The last 2 online orders I have done have been straight crap. I purchase shirts for myself and my son. I spent $175.15. I got an email that one of the shirts was out of stock. No problem, except I was NEVER refunded my money. I called and waited about 20 minutes and the problem was supposed to be fixed (IT WASNT).

Just recently I gave it another try. I spent $178.32 on clothes for school for my children, and once again one item was out of stock. Once again, I called and I was told it was never charge to my order but I looked at my bank statement and it sure as hell was charged. I called back another day, I got the runaround about the order, then the supervisor was very rude and she told me it was a problem and that I needed to contact my bank because it was my bank problem not theirs. This has to be the most outlandish ** service I have ever gotten from JC Penney. I will never shop there unless I go into the store.

Ordered refrigerator, washer and dryer all to be delivered. First delivery date, driver called, be there in 20 minutes - 4 hours later JCP called to say they couldn't make it - just didn't have enough time that day. And that because it was Saturday. I would have to wait until Tuesday for delivery because they don't deliver on Sunday or Monday. JCP said they'd call Monday with delivery time - they never did. I called Tuesday morning - they don't have a delivery time - just sometime today. 430 pm Tuesday - no appliances - I call AGAIN - "oh they can't find your address so they won't deliver today" - will be first thing tomorrow am. I have had several other deliveries (furniture etc.) with no issue. They will "try" to deliver tomorrow. The best part - they won't refund me without a 24% restocking... for something I NEVER received...

When I realized that my living room furniture would not be ready or delivered for another month I cancelled the order. That was May 16 2017. I am still being haunted by the Store on a monthly basis to pay for the furniture. I am getting letters by the bank that handles their accounts called Synchrony Bank.

After several months of inactivity we attempted to place an order online with JC Penny using our JC Penny credit card. The first problem was that the order was rejected because "our address did not exist". This resulted in the first call to their customer service and a 35 minute wait for a callback. We were then told that the reason it was rejected was because there was no address in our file. Funny, they mailed us the credit card.

Try again. Now we get rejected because our password is not right. We attempt to use the "forgot password" function and kept getting a "password reset information was sent to your email" message but nothing in our email. Try again. Try again. Try again. Back to customer service for an hour wait for a return call. Now the problem is that they don't have our email address in their records. No home address, no email address, I'm wondering what planet they are on. Try again. Still getting rejected for the password. Back to customer service with more than an hour wait. They are going to reset the account, "Please wait 5 to 10 minutes and you will be able to reset your password." 15 minutes later and still trying to reset with no results and no messages on my email despite multiple messages that they are sending me instructions on how to reset my password.

Back to customer service and another hour delay. Now I'm told that it is probably a credit card problem and get sent to the credit card service for JC Penny. Nope, not their problem so they send me back into the hour long waiting queue for customer service. Now customer service tells me that it is a problem for their credit department, please hold, click. disconnect. By this time I realize that there are two web sites, jcp.com and jcp.com/credit. I go onto the credit site and guess what? I can change my password and it works. I go back into the account and it works. Once. We go back to place the order and our password is, once again, no good.

Goodbye JC Penny. Hour waits, bad advice and no corrections. We cut your credit card up and will be sending you a letter to close our account, cancel the credit card and never let your shadow cross our paths again. Absolute incompetence.

I ordered a twin size quilt online using the JC Penney app. Ordering using the app was a frustrating experience. I do most of my shopping online so using an app for shopping is not anything new to me. Firstly, the app is designed very deceptively. 'Place Order' button floats on the screen such that user's finger will hit it without user's knowledge. Secondly, after hitting the 'Place Order', user doesn’t get a summary of the order to assure or confirm that the order details are correct. I say app is scam because the price summary that a user sees before placing the order is not the same what the user sees when the summary is flashed for fraction of seconds after placing the order. Thirdly, order tracking is not updated immediately after placing the order. The user gets an email with order number however without price summary. Fourthly, the app defaults to its own selections after clicking the 'place order' button.

$10 off coupon for using app for 1st time is another deceptive bait to lure customers. My experience is similar to what other J C Penney customers have experienced. On 7/26/2017 placed an order for a twin size quilt. My item was eligible for a 30% coupon code. I tried more than 15 times, and all of the times the app either defaulted to ship to home or reset the coupon code, forcing me to either deselect the ship to home button or re-enter the coupon code. Finally when I thought I was successful, I checked the tiny summary box and placed the order.

To my horror, the summary that flashed for few seconds indicated the coupon code was not applied. Then I immediately placed a second order, this time I had the $10 off coupon code, plus 30% off code for eligible item. This item same experience as first, however after placing the order, this time it took the coupon code but defaulted to ship to home. Also, my discount amount should have been $22 but it calculated discount to only $19. I don't want to explain the math here. I am convinced JC Penney's sale and coupons and App is a scam. After reading Facebook comments on JC Penney's page and on other forums, I understand many other customers have had this sane experience as me. I hope consumer affairs takes some action.

I tried to order over $3000 worth of kitchen appliances online. While ordering online, I was offered the chance to save 5% "today" by applying for a JCP credit card. I did that and was approved. But, the 5% would not show up. After calling the regular customer service number and being told it should apply, they transferred me to the appliance department to discuss it with them. That's when things went bad. The female rep was rude from the start and didn't seem to understand my issue. She kept saying I had to drive to a store with my credit card and order the appliances in the store to get the 5% discount. When I read what the online ordering page was saying, she got even more rude. After realizing she was not going to help, I asked for a supervisor. I was placed on hold for nearly 30 minutes and then the call was disconnected. I gave up and placed my order with Lowe's (for about the same price and with much better customer service).

I have been a regular JCPenney online shopper for many years. They have great sales, and have always has quick, and efficient customer service. Something has changed drastically! I recently purchased a comforter set, and some extra throw pillows to go with it. When it arrived there was not one thing correct in the order. NOT ONE THING! So I called customer service, and waited 40 minutes. They were able to re-order one item for me, but they hung up before I was finished with them. I called back, and was told it would be another 40 minutes. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of time or patience.

I ended up returning the whole order to my local store. I went home, and re-ordered everything. Fingers crossed! Oh, and I just received the one item I was able to re-order... they sent the wrong one again. I called customer service again, and was told it would be a 54-minute wait. I also tried to call the corporate office, but they have made themselves unavailable. I am so sad, I don't know what has happened to my favorite online store!

I had my JCPenney’s account for a couple of years and it’s almost paid off when I received a letter stating my account has been closed reason being that they put a payment through. When I called them and told them my bank card was lost or stolen so the agent told me, “Just come into one our stores and pay cash and it won’t go against you because you're paying on time. I will put it in my notes.” So I did what I was told, paid my bill into the store in Joliet Illinois and now I get a letter a week later stating my account is closed.

I called and spoke with several different people saying nothing can be done. Then I got 3 rude managers saying nothing they can do. This isn't right. I'm going to keep complaining about how rude, heartless and how Horrible their work ethics are. I want to be treated fairly and respected not like I'm a lying Criminal especially spending lots of money in your stores for years and in reading others comments I'm not alone. Something needs to be Done ASAP.

JCPenny has an ad on Facebook that reads "Free shipping every day at JCPenny!". Shipping is only free if your order is over $99 and according to other people’s posts, people are getting charged for instore pickup too. For me at least, shipping starts at about $9 which is kind of high, especially when it is supposed to be free. All they can say is send us a private message. I did and got a canned response stating their real shipping cost policy and statements that they would forward my concerns.

There are a bunch of people complaining about this, not just me. Now my posts have been removed (but their response to my nonexistent posts remains, way to be diligent Facebook). If it's a mistake, fix it, but instead, they choose to hide it. In my opinion at least, they are intentionally using false advertising to mislead their customers. You might get my opinion deleted off Facebook, but I'm guessing there are plenty of other places you won't be able to do that and this is one. Regardless if you think this is a major issue or not, I didn't think it was a huge deal, the fact that they seem to be doing it intentionally is what the big issue is.

Worst furniture buying and customer service experience of my life and no I am not exaggerating. I ordered 8 pieces of furniture at the same time which came in 4 different shipments which I was not told about. There was some assembly required on 3 pieces which I specifically asked about and was told no assembly would be required. One piece came broken and had to be returned and replaced. My recliner ripped at the seam less than 2 months after receiving it. The 3 piece sectional couch was wrong when it was received and so I rejected it. The delivery people gave me a hard time about it and broke a picture on the way out because they were frustrated.

Besides the poor quality of the furniture, the customer service was awful. Every time I called (which was over 20 in all for all the different issues over a 3 month period of time) I received contradicting information from a.) what ever I was told previously or b.) from what actually happened after the call. No one seemed to be able to give me a straight answer about returns and how money was to be returned. It is 3 months to the day from when I ordered the sectional and paid in full for it and 1 month since I refused the incorrect delivery and I still do not have my money. I have involved supervisors and today when I talked to a supervisor and asked for her supervisor I was told that I have to contact corporate.

The problem with this is I only have first names with dates and times. No one would give me last names or I'd numbers and nothing gets documented so I can't "prove" a thing. How convenient. As soon as my refund is complete I am cutting up my JCPenney card and NEVER shopping there again. Worst company to deal with in my whole life. I am middle class, 51 and lived in over 12 states (military wife) spending a lot of money in my life on consumer products and I have never ever had this kind of experience. Do not ever order any furniture from this store!

I placed an order by mistake on JCPenny app. I was browsing and added a product to see if the product is eligible for discount. In 1 click which I made by mistake the order was placed. Issues: The order was placed but will not show in my account. It says call customer care to get help with recent orders. I called and their phone system tells me to wait 52 minutes before anyone could speak to me. I believe they trick people so that people hang up as no one would want to wait 52 minutes on phone. They put me online in like 5 minutes though on my first call. The CSR put me on hold without even telling me. I waited for 10 min. He never came back.

Called again, waited in queue for like 15 min. CSR told me she cannot cancel the order even after 1 minute of placement. I told her that I want to speak to supervisor. She mocked me and said... "Oh you want to speak with supervisor... sure..." and laughed. I felt humiliated. I asked her why she is so rude... she totally denied that she is rude to me. She put me on hold for 30 min... just to get her supervisor. Supervisor joined, CSR told me that supervisor is here and I will leave you 2 alone. Then they both laughed. I asked what is funny and nobody said anything. So much humiliation. They would not even cancel my order and asked me to return. If I return they will not pay me back the shipping cost like $9.

The supervisor disconnected my call when I told him that CSR was rude to me. He said that he is not responsible for other people actions. I said 'other people'? They are your subordinates. He disconnected. What a ripoff and money making tricks. They are not going to make new customers like this. Ill trained and mean people are sitting there in JCPenney customer service. Never going to buy anything from them and not going to recommend it to anyone. I HAVE EVERYTHING RECORDED as I have a automatic call recorder on my phone.

The JCPenney mattress delivery system is incompetent beyond belief. Here’s our experience: July 2: We sign an order that specifies delivery on July 5. After the order is made out the sales lady tells us it will take two weeks, but that we will get a call before that to arrange delivery. July 12: We email the address given for “Customer Care” for an estimated delivery date. The address is furnituresupport@jcpenneyservices.com, but it turns out the email domain is no longer valid. Accordingly, I call the 800 number. After a lengthy wait on hold, I give up. I then call the store, leaving a voice mail message with my request. A sales person calls back and tells us delivery could take another week.

July 25: I call Customer Care again, and once again give up after being placed on hold. I again call the store, but learn nothing new. July 27: I finally reach a Customer Care person, who says there was a paperwork failure with the order, and someone will call me back with delivery information. No one ever calls. July 28: I call the store again and leave a message. No one returns the phone call.

July 30: I reach a Customer Care person to cancel the order. In an apparent effort to dissuade me, she tells me delivery of a mattress from JC Penney takes 3-4 weeks. (Of course we are now beyond even that period.) I tell her again to cancel the order and re-credit the balance on my credit card, which she promises to do. Note that not only did this process take a very long time, but I received a different story each time I called. Bottom line: I still have no mattress and have to start shopping all over again. Never, again, JCPenney.

On June 28th I ordered a 30 inch wall oven. Was delivered a 27 inch. Finally received the right size on July 18th but refuse to give refund of the 27in that was ordered by Sales associate by MISTAKE! I'M NOW OUT $900. Beware... DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES HERE!!!

This was my first time using the ship to store option with the company. I will not use it again nor will I shop online with this company. They have failed to provide an estimated date of arrival at the store. The company provides a customer service number and provides an estimated time you can expect to speak with a representative. My estimated time was 62 minutes. It is going on two hours. My saving grace is my credit union will challenge the charges of no merchant is delivered in 30 days. Given the other reviews, I will need to challenge this purchase to get a refund.

I went to JC Penny to buy a stove for my son and his new wife, after a day on the phone (1 hour) and no satisfaction I cancelled my order. The next day I went back to the store which is an hour and 15 minutes away, where I met a saleslady named Denise. Denise not only got my problem solved but saved me more money as well, and was pleasant. This store about lost a customer but with her help and the store assistant manager they have made a new customer and went above and beyond. Thank you Denise. We need more people like you in this world.

I did not receive something I ordered. It was supposedly back ordered but when I checked it said it was in stock. I cannot contact them by email so called. The automated number did not recognize my order number or my phone number so decided to wait the supposed 39 minutes to talk to an operator, 45 minutes later still no answer! Done with this company!!! Will contact my bank to get a resolution (I hope)! This was for AX PRINT BULLET PEPL BLACK WHITE MEDIUM blouse.

I ordered a pillow for $11.46 using their stupid since they offered $10 off coupon if downloaded and use their app for the first time. Instead of paying for $1.46, I paid $20.41, I chose for store pickup. The app automatically switched to ship it home. I called JCP customer service immediately, hold on the phone for more than 1 hour. A JCP agent told me that she couldn't cancel my order nor waive the shipping cost. Plus, she told me $10 off coupon would show up on my JCP app within 20 minutes. Waited for 1 hour again, I didn't see any coupon. My only hope is that American Express would refund the difference. I am done with JCP and no wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy.

I am being treated like a criminal for too many returns. I have had a receipt for every single return I have made, yet I was flagged. It's embarrassing to have a cashier then a manager tell you they can't return clothing that doesn't fit for 180 days. I always charge, which should be proof I am not shoplifting. Last year I spent $3000 on my card at Penney's. I am stuck with clothing that doesn't fit... Again I always have a receipt or bag the order comes in. I purchase for myself, my 3 children and my 3 grandchildren. I'm done with JC, we are building a new home, I'm buying my appliances and blinds elsewhere.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

JCPenny was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.
  • Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.
  • Sales: JCPenny has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.
  • Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.
  • Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenny store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.
  • Best for jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Compare Shoes Online