3.8/5 (716 ratings)

About JCPenney

JCPenney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I wish I could give a -5 star rating. I purchased a pair of Ashley bar stool from JCP. I realized later that the chairs were lacking wooden support on the seat. They are super uncomfortable and make my thigh hurt. They sent me defective items. I called to JCP customer service and they denied to adjust or return of the order simply because it's past 90 days. The customer service manager was rude and simply denied to make any correction on the mistake they committed. Can a seller like JCP sell any garbage to customers and rob customers' hard-earned money? Can a seller like JCP back off from their responsibility of consumer satisfaction? I am not surprised JCP is doing super poorly and vanishing from the market. I am super disappointed and will never return to JCP in my life again, will tell to do so to my family and friends. Adios JCP!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I ordered a sectional on Aug 2nd, 2022. Fantastic sale, super discount with coupon - took screenshots, purchased the item - got order receipt and ship date of 8/18. JCP cancelled my order on 8/12 and had the audacity to tell me that I cancelled it. I did not cancel it - in fact, I had purchased other furniture to go with it. They said I could re-order it at the te escalated, non-discount price now that the sale is over due to it being cancelled. I am furious. Such a scam. They hold your money, collecting the interest off the transaction and then cancel your order while gaslighting you trying to convince you that YOU cancelled it. Such a joke. I am so disappointed and hope they close down.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I ordered T-Fal pans. They were packed in a plastic JCPenney bag and I received them with a crack in the handle. I'm super disappointed. Also a shampoo was leaking. They require me to pay $8.00 for the shipping label and bring them to the UPS store. What a inconvenient.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I buyed women shoes from JCPenney but the size was wrong. I returned but never got my refund. It been a month and still no refund. I call and email and still nothing. Sometime you think trust a company but if you're nobody like me and disabled person too I was really disappointed. I said I never got my refund. What to do. **

Original review: July 21, 2022

Ordered sectional sofa may 30 2022, order was to be shipped by June 29th 2022. Hadn't heard anything and called on July 5th, they knew nothing, just said it should be on the way. Still nothing. Called again July 11th, was told they'd look into it. Received email from them that night saying new ship date of July 18th. By the afternoon of July 18 still nothing. I respond to email for update, no response. Today, July 20, I email again, no response. So I call customer service again, rather than provide any info they hang up on me. Call back and get a supervisor, Kim **, she says new ship date is Aug 15. That's unacceptable, so I ask for a refund. She says it won't process. She also said she's never heard of the FTC, the 30 day shipping rule, or the fair credit billing act. I was never informed of the delay much less asked if I consent to it, nor was I ever offered a refund. I feel they are giving me the runaround to run out the 60 day clock of disputing the charge so they can keep my payment for a sofa that likely doesn't exist.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I ordered some clothes for my son on June 15, 2022 I changed my physical address but I didn't change my delivery address. I noticed the mistake the next day so I called UPS to change the address but they explained to me they couldn't do anything because it already was shipped. I called JCPenney.com customer service. They said they couldn't do anything to help me. They delivered the package to the wrong address on June 24th and forwarded the package to usps and created a claim. I still have not received my package yet.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Recently my GF and I purchased a couch a bed and a bed frame from JCPenney during their memorial day weekend sale. I received a phone call to set up a time for my drop off and the person on the phone informed me that they wouldn't be able to bring any of the furniture inside my home. I was confused I just spent 1800$ dollars with this company and they couldn't finish the job. They informed me this was because of covid restrictions. All I wanted them to do was bring the couch in which is the heaviest and most awkward thing to move. No can do. I offered to wear a mask and not even be in the area. No can do.

NOWHERE on their terms and conditions nor on their website does it say anything about restrictions because of covid and the inability to bring things into people's homes. After getting off the phone with customer service there is nothing that can be done because the hub that THEY employ tells them what they will and will not do. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the lack of customer service from JCPenney and I can say for certain I will never shop with them again.

Original review: June 21, 2022

A couple months ago I ordered clothes and shoes. I never got my package. I did however get a package of the wrong item that they sent me. So I sent it back and the agent said I would get a full refund. I sent that item back and now they want me to file a police report on my package. On the wrong item. What sense does that make? I got a package, but it was not what I ordered. I’m having to fight tooth and nail to get my refund. I’m going to file a police report and they're going to look at me stupid because I got a package of the wrong item. I hate JCPenney and won’t be ever shopping here again.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have shopped at JCPenney since I a young child. I’ve seen the company flourish and flounder. Recently, due to Klarna and my being on a fixed income I was able to shop here again for all of my needs and all of gift needs. I’ve never missed a payment and I shop here quite frequently. After shopping a recent sale I go to check out and can’t find the Klarna app. I contact Klarna thinking it’s their error. They to see the app has disappeared. I call JCPenney and am told yes they have cancelled the Klarna app and in about a year they will have have their own version of buy here pay later. Well what am I supposed to do in the meantime. I’ll tell you what. I’ll NEVER step foot in one of your stores again or shop online. My business obviously is not important to you. I’ve deleted your app and blocked your emails as junk. How dare you pompous ignorant fools. I can easily spend my elsewhere. You are not the only store in town. Good riddance.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Went in salon and picked up shampoo & conditioner. There was a 40% off sign on same shelf. I put items on counter to check out and lady comes from behind the counter to remove the sale signs. She insisted I pay full price. No thank you. I will shop elsewhere.

JCPenney author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

JCPenney was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenney has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenney store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

JCPenney Company Information