JCPenney

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband purchased this ring in December 2012. I lost a diamond within 2 months. Since then I have lost about 10 stones, some of which are the same ones. I did purchase the lifetime warranty, thank goodness. I have had the ring in for repairs 8 times. They just keep replacing stones, which would be fine if they used the same quality stones as when we purchased it. I just picked up ring this week and I was in my office, which is very bright. I looked down at my ring and the stones that were replaced, (there were 4) are very dark in color. I almost thought the stones had fell out again, but after looking closer, I see they are just a darker color.

I have been OK with them just replacing the stones, but I am NOT OK with using stones of poor quality. I purchased the warranty for a reason. I have asked the last several times to for them to just buy it back. They always tell me that if it can be repaired that is what they will do. I'm unhappy with my ring now. I am thinking of purchasing a new one, but it will most definitely not be from JCPenney's.

On 2/5/17 I took my 16 year old daughter to JCPenney in Spanish Fort, Al and after 3 days of shopping/searching for the right prom dress my daughter found a beautiful My Michelle Merlot long formal dress. We take it to the register to purchase and when the cashier rang it up the machine alerted an emergency recall on this dress. I asked to speak to the manager as the cashier could not tell me anything except I couldn't buy it. Now if that's the case why we're there over 15 of these dresses on the floor out ready to be sold.

The manager Barbara came to the desk stated she had no idea what the recall was about but that I just couldn't purchase. She did not apologize for the incompetence of the stock still being out on the floor, she did not offer me any type of coupons to rectify the mistake, she did not even sympathize with the fact that my daughter's heart just got broken, she just said you cannot purchase it. I have never heard of an emergency recall on clothing and was disappointed in the manner that this was handled. I watched my daughter go from so excited to have finally found the perfect prom dress to this look of devastation in seconds.

Now I understand there are other dresses out there and a prom dress isn't life altering but to a teenage girl after trying on at least 100 dresses to finally finding that one... And then being told no. It is mood altering. The only recall I have found regarding the My Michelle dresses are from 2013... Is it possible the store never returned it back to the company and somehow it got pulled out into the stock this year. Who knows? All I know is that I will never shop at JCPenney's again. The incompetence and lack of communication at The Spanish Fort location is to blame.

Amazon is killing these stores online and these idiots have no clue why? You don't have speed delivery, you don't even email a tracking number to your customers, and you don't even have ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ONLINE.

Do not purchase ANYTHING from J.C. Penney that is for a rebate. You will never get it. I purchased a COOKS 3x1.5-qt. Triple Slow Cooker with Lid Rests. I purchased this item on Black Friday. 'Til this day they say they have not received a copy of my receipt, nor UPC code. I have confirmation through the USPS that the items I mailed off for my rebate arrived at their rebate center on NOVEMBER 28, 2016. Here it is 1/31/17 and the guy says they don't show anything. If I were you, I would not purchase a dog-gone thing from this store. They are scamming consumers by making them pay full price for the item. Go and buy the item from another store if you can help it. OH, by the way you can only email or chat with someone about your rebate. There is no phone number available.

Let me just begin by this. If you are paying cash for your purchases you will love this store- if you are making a large purchase and putting on their credit card you may want to read. My review talks about our large purchases we made using a JCPenney Credit Card. We bought a sofa and chair from their clearance which was under $2000.00; three years interest free. We then went back to the store and ordered a recliner to match the set which was around $1200.00 but the salesperson told us it was only one year interest free. I asked if I made large payments would they pay down the item whose promotional interest rate expired first and she said yes. My fault because I had made almost $3000.00 in payments when I noticed our balance was up to $3000.00 still. I called and they said I hadn't paid off the recliner and it accrued interest. I was shocked!! I reached out to JCPenney's to help resolve this mess but still not resolved.

I also noticed that if I pay JCPenney's a couple of weeks before payment is due I not only get a late fee of $35.00 but interest from the beginning of the month to due date. So, I called and had the one month late fee and interest reversed after explaining they could see I made two payments before the due date... but wonder how many times I had done the same thing without paying attention.

That recliner which was ordered in December didn't arrive until late January was broken upon delivery. The entire back of the recliner was crooked and you couldn't sit in it as the back wouldn't go up and down. We called and they sent a repairman in March. The repairman said back was taken out of the base. He had to remove the upholstery on the back and remove it because it was not connected to the base. And they are charging us promotional interest?

We cancelled our Penney's card because of this furniture. It's a nightmare trying to deal with their customer service. If you call at the wrong time you are definitely talking to a call center in another country... and they cannot help. Then you call your local store and they say they cannot help. Our fault, the first time we ever bought furniture on credit but definitely our last!! Bad experience. I use to shop JCPenney's all of the time. I use to love their coupons and deals. This was our first interest free item and it turned into such a mess that I refuse to even step foot in their store. They need to talk to their salespeople who are giving out wrong information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

JCPenney "20% off with store credit card". I went to the store to purchase a Bella Air Fryer. There were signs all over the store that say get an extra 20% off when you use your JCPenney credit card... Well I got to the register to use my JCPenney credit card to make this purchase and this sales representative tried several times to uses the code... then... the 'manager' comes up loud and ignorant and says, "You can use the 20% of anything you plug up." What? The sales rep and I along with everyone else in the line were like... "What, rude, loud Lady?" Now, why is this JCPenney?

1/11/2017 Tried to place an order on the JCP website. The website was NOT calculating items that were on sale, specifically, buy one and get the next at 50% off. I tried several combinations of items trying to do the math in my head since I had to also calculate shipping if under 100 bucks. The website simply wasn't working as expected, (like every other shopping website does) so I opened a chat window to find out what to do next. The cheerful person was happy to help and asked if I would like to have them (JCP) place the order for me. After a short amount of time, I was asked if I was ready to check out. I said, "uh yeah... but, I don't have visibility of the order." I was told the amount was 75 bucks and they would waive the shipping. This was a great deal and I was glad for chatting with someone.

HOWEVER... after getting the email confirmation, I realized that while I was experimenting with different items trying to figure out how/why the website was/wasn't calculating correctly, I had left a cheaper but wrong item on the order. I called the customer service number immediately. It was 5 minutes after the order had been placed and I'm told my payment had been processed and accepted and THEY/JCP closed the order immediately. NO CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS ALLOWED!!! (Hardly seems legit...but okay). Apparently, the ONLY option available to me was to wait for the items to arrive at my house, call them back and ask for return labels, take the packages to a UPS store or schedule a pickup, and wait for the items to go through transit to be received by the manufacturer's warehouse at which time JCP will issue a refund when they're notified.

The MFG's warehouse is in Washington State. I live in Oregon. Portland to Seattle, under normal circumstances, is about a 3 and a half hour drive. Oregon did experience some bad weather so a small delay in shipping was expected. 1/23/2017 I received the items and promptly called customer service for the return labels. After a brief argument with the agent who claimed, they could not issue a return unless it was damaged or... some other lame hollow restriction arbitrarily plucked from the sky to "change my mind" on the return... I tell that person to read the notes on my order. The agent said the labels would be sent out standard mail to my address... which was my request... but here it is... 1/28/2017 and still no labels yet.

JCP is crazy if they think this is acceptable. Closing an order after payment and before it's picked/shipped is counter-intuitive. Claiming a policy of NO cancellations when it's JCP's website that's screwed up, isn't right... It's a red flag. Taking and holding my money while I have to wait for the good graces of JCP to go through their self inflicted process... makes me mad. Message received! I'm still not halfway through the return process and they/JCP might be shocked when I don't purchase from them again. Btw, after talking with some other people at work, yeah, I found out my first mistake was shopping at JCP. I'm here to confirm their poor reputation is well deserved.

We went to the home store in Las Vegas, NV and purchased a new table that we were told we would have by Thanksgiving. Well 3 months later and after being lied to several times that the table had shipped we finally received the WRONG table. So, I call the store and they tell me they can't help refund my money or help with picking the table back up. I call customer service and they tell me they can't help until Monday. Why is there a customer service line that's open on Saturday if they can't help until Monday? I will never purchase anything from JCPenney's again.

Went to JCPenney salon. People were rude. Tried to buy products, no prices were listed on product or the shelves. Had to ask the front desk who was rude and not pleasant. The location Novi Michigan place is a joke.

I have lost 40 lbs and needed to know my bra size. I checked the JCPenny instructions online, which also said 'Visit a Certified Fit Specialist at your local branch'. I opted for the personal and went to North East Mall, Hurst, Tx. I waited in the lingerie department for 30 minutes - not a soul in sight. Eventually I found someone in a different department who said, "Oh there's no one there at this time." So I went home. A week later same story, only this time I politely interrupted an assistant who was having a very loud conversation with a 'friend'. She said, "Oh I don't work in this department but I'll check if anyone can help you." Another long wait examining baby clothes, but she had disappeared never to be seen again. My third visit produced the same results. As for 'Visit a Certified Fit Specialist at your local branch' DO NOT go to North East Mall, Hurst, Tx. JCPenny anywhere certainly will not see me again.

I will never, ever step foot in a Penney store ever again in life. Their sales people lie to your face, enter your information incorrectly, don't enter your order correctly if at all. Furniture is delivered damaged. Billing Dept sends out threatening letters of intent to sent to Collections but have never sent you a bill or account. So-called supervisors hang up on you when you try to talk to them. Nightmare of a company to try to work with!!!

I recently ordered items for my husband and daughter from jcpenney.com and though I was satisfied with the quality of the items the return policy is horrendous. I would highly recommend purchasing through a different online company. I needed to exchange an item. I wanted the exact same item except my husband a size larger than what I had ordered. I was irate to find out that I had to pay shipping a second time in order to make an exchange. I often order from macys.com and they simply send out a return label and when they receive the returned item they reship the appropriate size free of charge.

I am highly disappointed because there is a purse that I really want from jcpenney.com (which would actually bring my total to the point that shipping on the original item would be waived) however, after my dealings with supervisor at jcpenney.com and their ridiculous online return policy it appears as though I will have to pass on the purse, get a refund for the sweatshirt and make my purchases elsewhere. I highly advise against any online shopping with JCPenney. In the long run it would have cost me over 25.00 in shipping charges to purchase a sweatshirt that was originally valued at 52.00; so much for sale! Again, I am extremely upset by this. I was a loyal JCPenney customer.

I purchased a pair of jeans before Xmas 2016 on a promo sale (i.e. Black Friday or cyber Monday). They were for my husband who had open heart surgery a year ago. His doctor ordered him to exercise, namely to walk. Consequently he has been consistently losing weight. After the holidays, after trying on jeans, he said they were a size too big. We went to JCPenney on 1/19/2017 at Willowbrook Mall in Houston, TX to exchange them for a size smaller. We had the receipt, order confirmation, tags still on jeans and all paperwork etc.

Clerk told us to find the right size and go upstairs to customer service because the original order was made online. We found the exact same model number, brand etc and did so. My husband was told that he would have to pay an additional $27.00 and that Penny's would not do an exchange. He told them to credit my account and forget about us paying more for the same item just one size smaller. This was upsetting because the jeans were a gift and now my husband has no gift from me.

I bought a mattress at JCPenney in Frisco, TX on 8 Jan. 2017 amount $1693.48, about 3 miles from their Corporate HQ in Plano, TX. After buying the mattress I was told the mattress had to be made before it could be shipped to our home and that it should take around 7-10 days at the most. Well it's past that. The delivery service which is located in California said it would be another week because they were backlogged. I called Penney's 800 # and was on hold about 30 minutes. When the rep answered the phone she had a sour tone in her voice and it only went south from there. Needless to say she was no help.

After 3 attempts trying to call the store in Frisco I asked to speak with the manager. Of course he was not available. I had to speak with Brady who did not have a clue and worst he really didn't care about resolving my issue. I finally went to the store and actually got to speak with a real Asst. Manager. I told her my issue and of course she was no help. So I canceled my order, handed her my JCPenney cards and told her that if this was the service of the future I'd rather do without.

Bottom line do not buy a mattress from JCPenney or anything else for that matter. It's too difficult and someone will end up lying to you to get you to buy something. I went to Mattress Firm today. Got the same exact mattress for 10% under Penney's with free shipping and I will get it tomorrow. I have been a loyal Penney's customer for over 35 years but as we all know now loyalty is nothing but a word. Soon they will run themselves out of business and all the exec's will get their huge bonuses. So sad...

Wrong curtain size! Talked to female rep on phone. They do not have another curtain my size and don't know if they're getting any more in stock. She said best I can do is go to a store near me, ha ha. Near me! And see if I can find a curtain like the ones they sent me!!! Nope!!! It was clearance. Yeah!!! They suck!!! And I'm screwed...

This is my second experience like this one and my last. My last complaint went to Plano TX and did no good. I had ordered a winter coat and got the wrong size. I ordered a L and got a PM. I am not petite or medium so I returned the coat. There is no longer a catalog department. There is one register where one person is working. One person. The line for service was long, maybe 40 people. I stood in line while the clerk at the register helped each customer. One lady in desperation called out, "can't you call some help?" The clerk replied, "I'm not allowed".

One man got out of line and said he was going to find management. If it killed him someone would be held accountable. I think they killed him as he never returned, we all laughed about it. I was there an hour and ten minutes. Then the only clerk wanted to chit chat. I shut her up and said, "no, I want you to return this and hurry up... I don't want to talk about whether or anything else you have people in that line that have been there over an hour..." How dare her start chit chatting with me when she is obviously slow and intentionally stalling everyone perhaps to get even with her boss. Who knows. This was at the Battlefield Mall in Springfield MO. I will never enter the store again and will cancel my credit card with them on Tuesday. Today is Monday 1-16-17 and is MLK Day so I'm sure there is no one at the cancellation desk. I can bet on that. Anyway, I am through with this company.

Today my husband wanted to purchase a pair of men's jeans by Lee. He went to the store to buy them but they were not in stock so he went to the catalog department for help but I guess he was missing some information they needed, although he had a print out of the item from the online ad. He came home and said we had to order online. When I tried to order online it said the item was in stock and I was unable to order online because, although it gave me an option of picking the item up in the store or home delivery it never gave me a selection process to enable me to make the choice.

I was having such a difficult time I decided to call your 1-800 number. What a mistake!!! The lady who answered was super rude and said in a very condescending manner that if the store says they don't have them in stock they don't have them!!! Well excuse me. And she wouldn't hang up so although I had pressed 1 to take the survey I could not because she would not speak or hang up the phone and I waited about 10 or 15 minutes before I gave up and hung up. (Guess she has more free time than I do.)

I called the Men's department at the Riverdale Utah store. A very nice lady named Terry ** answered. (Thank goodness) Terry was amazing. She was kind enough to explain to me that even though it says In stock it means it is in stock in the warehouse not the store. (Don't know why the customer service Lady couldn't tell me this.) Also she walked me through ordering the pants online. We quickly found out that her order screen and mine were not the same. I still could not choose the option between home and store pick up. It was non-existent.

She suggested I come into the store and she would help me get the pants ordered. As I watched her place the order on the computer there was a part, after we added it to the bag, that her screens was different than mine. On her screen there was an option to choose between home and store delivery that actually worked and looked different. Terry helped us complete our order and explained everything along the way. We ended up buying two pairs of pants instead of just one.

I just had to write this letter to get recognition for Terry ** in the Men's Dept. of the Riverdale Utah store. What could have ended up being a disaster with bad feeling and negative concept of the JCPenney store, we came away as happy customers. Thank you Terry for saving the day. Also you might want to look into the online ordering as others may have experienced the same problem with delivery as I did. Additionally, when I order on-line it always pulls up a store many miles from my home even though I have repeatedly corrected this information.

Purchased mattress and box spring in early December 2016. Since I didn't have sheets deep enough to fit the mattress, it wasn't used for a week after delivery. It was defective. The pillowtop of mattress was offset by 2 inches on top and 1 side. Have been trying to resolve this issue for 3 weeks now. Trying to get through to a real live person is next to "IMPOSSIBLE". My calls number 22 now and each wait was no shorter than 15 minutes, usually, it was 30 or more. So tired of hearing "Thank you for your patience. Your call is important to us. (yeah, right) Please remain on the line. A representative will be with you shortly." Just read that JC Penney is closing many stores around the country. I'm sure that's the reason. If they remain open, I certainly WILL NEVER purchase another thing from them. What a shame such an institution has fallen into such shambles. A sign of the times. No one really cares anymore!

I really like the glasses that I received in store. Great value and they fit perfect. If not you just go back and they fix them. I just wish that they would include more options for free such as glare resistant. They don't always have the best selection, which is small but doable for the price.

I ordered my item on Jan 2 and it is now Jan 11th and I still don't have it? Should I have spent the extra shipping to my residence to get faster service? I paid the bulk shipment fee already... I'm anxiously awaiting for my product. Where are you?

Order arrived damaged. I called, sat on hold for 30 minutes after navigating through a horrible automated system only to be hung up on as the rep was asking me my order number. I then contacted JCPenney though chat and was told I could take the busted liquid makeup back to the store. I'm definitely not driving 30 minutes for their mistake. I didn't hear the first "I'm sorry" through the entire order. They aren't sorry the item arrived damaged nor are they sorry I spent so much time on hold just to be disconnected. The chat representative then scheduled a pick up from UPS without consulting with me, just told me it would be the next day and of course I won't be home. Then I was told they were sorry if it was an inconvenience and that was it. No offer to reschedule or anything, so now the UPS man will be wasting his time. This place needs to just close down. I will stick to Amazon from now on.

Tried 5 days in a row to order, click submit order, goes to blank page, or says Error 400 or bad request. Called 5 times. They tell me to try everything BUT SHAKE A CHICKEN FOOT!!! Still doesn't work! What the hell!!!

I submitted all the required paperwork for the rebate -- receipt, proof of purchase bar code, application. They denied me saying I didn't send all the paperwork. That is a scam to buy their product then they deny you the rebate. I did not make copies of the paperwork.

We shopped at the Holyoke, MA Mall store for a Black Friday Sale (Nov 27th) for a new washing machine. Found a great deal on an LG model, so good in fact that we purchased the matching dryer. We were told that it was on backorder, but it would be delivered Dec. 29th. Never received a call from anyone regarding the actual delivery. On Dec. 30th, I called the Holyoke store to see if my delivery would be rescheduled because it had stormed on the 29th. I was told to call customer service. I called customer service, spent more than 30 mins being transferred around and trying to get an answer. I was finally told to call the store directly. I again called the store, spoke to a salesman who tried very hard to help me, but again referred me back to customer service. When I finally spoke to a human in the appliance customer service I was told my appliances would be delivered in February!!! It was a manufacturing problem.

After several more phone calls, I found out that the washer was available, but not the dryer. So I ask them to ship the washer, I really needed it (my old one had died by this time). I was informed, "Can't do that". They can't ship just the washer, have to call store to cancel the order and reorder the pieces separately. Called the store, I request the order be separated. They will cancel the order, but I will not get the same pricing or the special financing because now my order doesn't meet certain requirements!!! I ask to speak to manager. All I get is the second shift assistant manager, who knows absolutely nothing except to tell me to call customer service. She states that the appliance manager is the only person who can help me. I insist she take my information and have him return my call immediately.

I'm STILL waiting for his call. I informed every person I spoke to at that company that they have NO BUSINESS SELLING PRODUCTS THEY CAN'T DELIVER!!! My order is currently now scheduled for delivery in March. I went to Manny's on Dec. 31st, ordered the same appliances, at a better price, and had them in my home on Jan 2nd!!! DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES AT JCP!!!

Price should be half. The plastic is very vulnerable to not holding the glasses' shape. Had a great selection; I just chose the wrong ones. They were ordered and I picked up in store; took too long. Was supposed to be 2 pairs for $99. By the time the add-ons were included, it cost $150 per pair. Have sent them back for correction once and still not happy.

I'm extremely angry regarding our experience with our refrigerator purchase. We purchased on 12/27 and still do not have our refrigerator. The delivery department showed up on the original ship date, came in our home and walked on our white carpet with wet, dirty boots. My husband was not home as they had called to move delivery time earlier in the day. The delivery man walked in, looked at the existing refrigerator and told me it was a tight fit. Really??? We know this, BUT the new refrigerator is the exact same size. The delivery driver sort of measured our fridge and immediately told me the new one would not fit. I questioned him, so he said he would go measure the new one. He came back in and told me it measured too large for the space. He handed me a paper and told me I needed to refuse the refrigerator as it was too large.

After they left, I called my husband who told me that the new fridge was exactly the size as the old one. 35 3/4. After going back up to the store and explaining that the delivery driver incorrectly measured and we wanted them to bring it back, they advised they could not until the 11th. The appliance manager basically blamed me when speaking to my husband saying I said the new one would not fit. YES, I told him that only because his delivery person told me it wouldn't fit! The appliance manager said he would call to try and move delivery up, but he did not according to escalation department rep. After speaking to multiple people, being lied to....we still have no fridge. It was supposed to be delivered today, but once again...lied to. They have no clue where our refrigerator even is. Do not purchase from this company! Horrible experience and we will never buy from JCPenney again.

I tried to place my order and when I got to my basket it kept prompting me to ship free to store. It would never let me complete and kept charging me shipping. So I took the chat offer and they told me my order must be over $25. Nothing had told that before and my order was $24.99. After this the site wouldn't let me empty my basket or get out of chat. It was a total deceptive advertising scheme which cost me at least 30 minutes of my time for nothing. I'm very unhappy with JCPenney and will ship elsewhere even if it is more money. Very poor.

I have been a customer and cardholder of JCPenney for over 40 years. I always loved their clothes. I recently order a dress online in a 12. When I received it I realized I needed a 14. The return instructions says return or exchange (not true). I called them because there is a place for returns, but not exchange. I was told to send the dress back and I would have to reorder. Another $8.95 shipping and pay for the return postage. The dress was on sale for $39.99 now it is $49.99. I would told that when I reorder I would have to pay the $49.99. I asked why they could not just exchange it and was told they do not exchange anything bought online. I will send the dress back, but will not be purchasing another. I had three more dresses in my cart, but they will be deleted. I am sure that I will not be shopping at JCPenney anymore. One more credit card down.

Purchased washer from J.C. Penney but on delivery the kid glove delivery service noticed that the color was not what we expected. We did not take delivery and the delivery service gave us an exception form so that we should be able to get a refund or the correct color delivered. Contacted J.C. Penney many times including the manager Jordan at Hamilton Town Center who placed the order and put in the wrong color. Getting in contact with J.C. Penney has taken many hours over several days. However, we still have no refund for the washer and there is no "White Unit" available.

We would be fine with washer in white or even a different model (have a few) but told they can't get them. We purchased this washer due to a Samsung Recall on the one we own. So I just want to see the refund for the washer in our account. Many times we were on hold for over 1 hour and then disconnected or transferred and disconnected. Why can't someone take ownership in this issue and resolve it. Have not seen this poor customer service in some years.

I purchased a refrigerator online August 26th. Worst mistake ever, story to follow but do not purchase an appliance from J.C. Penney, it took me three appointments to get it and four phone calls after it was returned to get a refund, horrible experience from start to finish. My refrigerator broke. It was scheduled for delivery Saturday, 9/10. We received a call that Friday, that it could not be delivered Saturday but would be there 8:00-12:00 on Sunday.

We called J.C. Penney on Friday since it is a major inconvenience to have to wait an extra day without refrigeration. We were told they would do what they could to get it to us on Saturday (apparently at this time they could contact delivery people) or it would be at our house first thing Sunday morning. Never heard back from them again, so we Sat home and waited Saturday, no refrigerator. Sunday at 10:00 we called J.C. Penney again who assured us it was on the schedule for delivery. We also called the automated delivery number and it said it is on the schedule.

I called J.C. Penney at 12:00 and asked if my refrigerator was coming or not so I didn't waste the rest of my day and weekend waiting, and was told by a very pleasant J.C. Penney rep, I think her name was Ivory, I should call them on Monday to see if it would be delivered on Sunday. She "had no way to contact them." (But the rep the day prior could contact them?) Apparently she does not have driver's contact number because I was told the driver would call me a half hour prior so he must have a phone, therefore a contact phone number. I have a family of four to feed.

When my husband called the shipping company Monday morning, now three days after scheduled delivery date, he was told they don't know anything, he would have to call the warehouse that opens an hour and a half later. When he called the warehouse he was told, they don't know what happened. Horrible communication in a time of everyone having cell phones and computers that J.C. Penney customer service department cannot contact their delivery people. I told everyone that I bought this great refrigerator from J.C. Penney at a great price with no interest for 30 months.

The story changed completely over the weekend. When the refrigerator finally showed up it was dented. I accepted it with the option to return it or get "something off the price." They offered "$25.00 off" so it was returned. I scheduled the pickup of my old refrigerator with the delivery people the next day. I was again told by the J.C. Penney delivery team it would be picked up in two weeks.

It was the most horrible experience and I would not recommend J.C. Penney delivery to anyone. To end the horrible experience I had to call three or four times to get a refund and the only reason I got it was because I charged on J.C. Penney's card and they somehow told me they manually credited my account. I was promised money for my trouble and now four months later not a penny. I went to the Home Improvement store, they offer next day deliver and free interest. NEVER use J.C. Penney delivery.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

JCPenny was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.
  • Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.
  • Sales: JCPenny has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.
  • Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.
  • Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenny store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.
  • Best for jcp.com carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for bargain hunters and busy adults.

Compare Shoes Online