2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,363 ratings submitted in the last year

JCPenney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Cooks is JC Penny Brand. I purchased this coffee maker in 2009 and although not used every day it’s still working fine. Coffee grounds filter holder is screened, so you get a cleaner brew. Self brew timer settings, cup amounts, easy to clean. Attractive stainless with black accents and blue lightning. Small clean rectangular shape sits on counter nicely. Only con - super noisy.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Very satisfied with everything including my salesman. No pressure, several options including raising and lowering head and foot by remote. Firmness on either side not affected by one side or the other. Very comfortable.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I buy since many years my Jewelry at JCPenney and I'm always very satisfied, with the Price and the Customer Service. All the Jewelry Offers are great at Quality and Price. I would recommend this Business anytime.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I Do not recommend JC Penney for anything. I have been a long time cc holder, and ordered an expensive pair of earrings for Christmas which I never received, filed a dispute, they are charging me anyway...for something I never received.???

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

On 12/10/2020 I ordered 2 XL Twin size Sealy Mattress as my husband is really sick with Pancreatic Cancer I purchased an adjustable bed for him I was told that my order would be delayed. I waited a Another week and contacted them again for a status and I got from them. I was told that they were on backorder so I asked them why they were selling Mattress they did not have. And I had to wait I then waited another week and got a Email saying that they should arrive to the carrier within 3 to 5 business days. When I got them the Mattress were frayed and had holes in The Mattress, And that I paid over 1300.00 for Mattress that were damaged. They want me to pay a 15% restocking fee as well as a 85.00 pick up fee. They are damaged and I have to pay them to fix The problem Really.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Customer service is non-existent. Horrible service. I will never shop with them again. I placed an order, realized that I had not changed my address so called within an hour. I was told they could not change my address. My package is being delivered in NC tomorrow and I am in OK. I asked to cancel the order and refund me, they refused because I did not call them within 30 minutes of my order. It did not leave their facility for 2 days! DONE.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I’m not one to turn people away from businesses, as I know people need to have their own experiences and make their own opinions. However, I STRONGLY advise literally any and everyone to stay away from JCPenney in the Ocean County Mall. My husband purchased my wedding set in 2017 and it has been issue after issue with them ever since. Not only are ALL of the jewelry associates inconceivably rude and unhelpful, but I have been calling customer service over and over, asking to be transferred to managers and supervisors for two hours now and my issue is STILL not resolved.

Once I get my rings back (IF EVER) after not having them for over a month, I will be taking them elsewhere to be serviced even after my husband paid extra for the lifetime warranty, because at this point, I would literally spend any amount of money to never be treated like this again. Do yourself a favor and don’t bother buying anything of value from this store. You will 1000% regret it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

My experience is with a mattress purchase (well 2 after 1 was warranty replacement) and not one portion of my experience was simple, or done as promised. The delivery companies they source out didn't set up as promised, didn't take away as promised, and honestly seemed clueless as to what I was told major communication issues. Both times the mattresses were in protective plastic however after they were dragged down the driveway in the winter they had mud all over them. I've had so many 'cases' created and no ultimate resolution. The quality of the product, service and every aspect of the buying experience was nothing short of a nightmare. If I didn't hope they'll refund me eventually I wouldn't have purchased a second mattress but I was told it was a warranty replacement. Due to this experience I would no sooner purchase a towel from this company ever again. Total disappointment for such a huge corporation.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Dear team, Subject: Order has been incorrectly shipped. I have received items which I have never ordered. The customer service escalation has not been very supportive or customer friendly. I was asked to return the incorrect package with a return label in spite of my request / against my will to commute due to COVID risk. I am also told that most of the customers lie about package delivery hence there is no proof which is a serious accusation. This makes JCP management look into customer service division and shipment division for the improvements. This experience has caused me tremendous hassle over all, delay in my scheduled travel plans. Please respond to refund my money which was not serviced. If no response received this issue has to be escalated further up the JCP senior management team to avoid further problems to other customers like me who is a rewards member for 3.5 years. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

This e-mail is in regard to my recent order. After several calls to customer service, I contacted the sheriff's department and filed a police report, for the package I did not receive. I also contacted the post office and inquired as to the location of my package. At this point, I should expect a full refund of the purchase price of the items I ordered.

On a side note, I have NEVER received such poor customer service. I was literally warned in my delivery notification: "CAN'T FIND YOUR ORDER? This happens sometimes. The first thing to do is to check the bushes, front and back porches, and other possible delivery spots such as with your neighbors. Carriers also occasionally mark packages “Delivered” before they’re dropped off. Please contact the carrier if it’s been more than two hours since you got a delivery notification. More Questions?"

This notice should have been my first clue as to what I should expect. I waited the “up to three days” for my package to arrive, checked my mailbox, the neighbors houses, and “the bushes”. Today, five full days since my package was supposed to have arrived I contacted JCPenney “customer service”. I was informed the package was delivered and I would need to file a police report in order for JCPenney to investigate the claim before any possible refund of my money, because my order was in excess of $100.00; apparently if I hadn’t spent so much money at JCPenney I could have gotten some satisfaction (I won’t make that mistake again).

I contacted my local post office, filed a police report, and have spent the morning kicking myself for ever ordering from JCPenney. JCPenney held no accountability regarding the delivery; shouldn’t the merchant contact their delivery service to find out where the package ended up? When did the customer become responsible for the poor delivery service of a vendor?

So, here I sit, nothing to give my children for Christmas, being billed for items I never received, spending my entire morning dealing with customer service, the US postal service, and the Sheriff’s office. I know my pitiful little order does not mean a thing to JCPenney, they are a big company, but I promise you I will never order from JCPenney again. AMAZON and Ebay should be paying them for the excellent advertising, Shame on me.

JCPenney author review by ConsumerAffairs

JCPenney was founded in 1902 and now operates more than 1000 stores in the United States. The company launched its online store, jcp.com, in 1994. Consumers can find a large selection of items, including shoes, on the website.

• Store locations: Shoes bought online at jcp.com can be shipped to the store for free on orders of at least $25. Some items are available for pickup on the same day as purchase.

• Online exclusives: jcp.com sells many styles and sizes not available in the chain’s department stores.

• Sales: JCPenney has sales frequently, and those sales are valid on the company’s website. Consumers can take advantage of special prices and deals during these events.

• Selection: Consumers can find a variety of styles and sizes on jcp.com. Women’s sizes are available from 4 to 13.

• Returns: Customers can take returns to their local JCPenney store and return them for free. This option makes returns fast and convenient for busy individuals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team