JCPenney

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered my item on Jan 2 and it is now Jan 11th and I still don't have it? Should I have spent the extra shipping to my residence to get faster service? I paid the bulk shipment fee already... I'm anxiously awaiting for my product. Where are you?

Order arrived damaged. I called, sat on hold for 30 minutes after navigating through a horrible automated system only to be hung up on as the rep was asking me my order number. I then contacted JCPenney though chat and was told I could take the busted liquid makeup back to the store. I'm definitely not driving 30 minutes for their mistake. I didn't hear the first "I'm sorry" through the entire order. They aren't sorry the item arrived damaged nor are they sorry I spent so much time on hold just to be disconnected. The chat representative then scheduled a pick up from UPS without consulting with me, just told me it would be the next day and of course I won't be home. Then I was told they were sorry if it was an inconvenience and that was it. No offer to reschedule or anything, so now the UPS man will be wasting his time. This place needs to just close down. I will stick to Amazon from now on.

Tried 5 days in a row to order, click submit order, goes to blank page, or says Error 400 or bad request. Called 5 times. They tell me to try everything BUT SHAKE A CHICKEN FOOT!!! Still doesn't work! What the hell!!!

I submitted all the required paperwork for the rebate -- receipt, proof of purchase bar code, application. They denied me saying I didn't send all the paperwork. That is a scam to buy their product then they deny you the rebate. I did not make copies of the paperwork.

We shopped at the Holyoke, MA Mall store for a Black Friday Sale (Nov 27th) for a new washing machine. Found a great deal on an LG model, so good in fact that we purchased the matching dryer. We were told that it was on backorder, but it would be delivered Dec. 29th. Never received a call from anyone regarding the actual delivery. On Dec. 30th, I called the Holyoke store to see if my delivery would be rescheduled because it had stormed on the 29th. I was told to call customer service. I called customer service, spent more than 30 mins being transferred around and trying to get an answer. I was finally told to call the store directly. I again called the store, spoke to a salesman who tried very hard to help me, but again referred me back to customer service. When I finally spoke to a human in the appliance customer service I was told my appliances would be delivered in February!!! It was a manufacturing problem.

After several more phone calls, I found out that the washer was available, but not the dryer. So I ask them to ship the washer, I really needed it (my old one had died by this time). I was informed, "Can't do that". They can't ship just the washer, have to call store to cancel the order and reorder the pieces separately. Called the store, I request the order be separated. They will cancel the order, but I will not get the same pricing or the special financing because now my order doesn't meet certain requirements!!! I ask to speak to manager. All I get is the second shift assistant manager, who knows absolutely nothing except to tell me to call customer service. She states that the appliance manager is the only person who can help me. I insist she take my information and have him return my call immediately.

I'm STILL waiting for his call. I informed every person I spoke to at that company that they have NO BUSINESS SELLING PRODUCTS THEY CAN'T DELIVER!!! My order is currently now scheduled for delivery in March. I went to Manny's on Dec. 31st, ordered the same appliances, at a better price, and had them in my home on Jan 2nd!!! DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES AT JCP!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

I'm extremely angry regarding our experience with our refrigerator purchase. We purchased on 12/27 and still do not have our refrigerator. The delivery department showed up on the original ship date, came in our home and walked on our white carpet with wet, dirty boots. My husband was not home as they had called to move delivery time earlier in the day. The delivery man walked in, looked at the existing refrigerator and told me it was a tight fit. Really??? We know this, BUT the new refrigerator is the exact same size. The delivery driver sort of measured our fridge and immediately told me the new one would not fit. I questioned him, so he said he would go measure the new one. He came back in and told me it measured too large for the space. He handed me a paper and told me I needed to refuse the refrigerator as it was too large.

After they left, I called my husband who told me that the new fridge was exactly the size as the old one. 35 3/4. After going back up to the store and explaining that the delivery driver incorrectly measured and we wanted them to bring it back, they advised they could not until the 11th. The appliance manager basically blamed me when speaking to my husband saying I said the new one would not fit. YES, I told him that only because his delivery person told me it wouldn't fit! The appliance manager said he would call to try and move delivery up, but he did not according to escalation department rep. After speaking to multiple people, being lied to....we still have no fridge. It was supposed to be delivered today, but once again...lied to. They have no clue where our refrigerator even is. Do not purchase from this company! Horrible experience and we will never buy from JCPenney again.

I tried to place my order and when I got to my basket it kept prompting me to ship free to store. It would never let me complete and kept charging me shipping. So I took the chat offer and they told me my order must be over $25. Nothing had told that before and my order was $24.99. After this the site wouldn't let me empty my basket or get out of chat. It was a total deceptive advertising scheme which cost me at least 30 minutes of my time for nothing. I'm very unhappy with JCPenney and will ship elsewhere even if it is more money. Very poor.

I have been a customer and cardholder of JCPenney for over 40 years. I always loved their clothes. I recently order a dress online in a 12. When I received it I realized I needed a 14. The return instructions says return or exchange (not true). I called them because there is a place for returns, but not exchange. I was told to send the dress back and I would have to reorder. Another $8.95 shipping and pay for the return postage. The dress was on sale for $39.99 now it is $49.99. I would told that when I reorder I would have to pay the $49.99. I asked why they could not just exchange it and was told they do not exchange anything bought online. I will send the dress back, but will not be purchasing another. I had three more dresses in my cart, but they will be deleted. I am sure that I will not be shopping at JCPenney anymore. One more credit card down.

Purchased washer from J.C. Penney but on delivery the kid glove delivery service noticed that the color was not what we expected. We did not take delivery and the delivery service gave us an exception form so that we should be able to get a refund or the correct color delivered. Contacted J.C. Penney many times including the manager Jordan at Hamilton Town Center who placed the order and put in the wrong color. Getting in contact with J.C. Penney has taken many hours over several days. However, we still have no refund for the washer and there is no "White Unit" available.

We would be fine with washer in white or even a different model (have a few) but told they can't get them. We purchased this washer due to a Samsung Recall on the one we own. So I just want to see the refund for the washer in our account. Many times we were on hold for over 1 hour and then disconnected or transferred and disconnected. Why can't someone take ownership in this issue and resolve it. Have not seen this poor customer service in some years.

I purchased a refrigerator online August 26th. Worst mistake ever, story to follow but do not purchase an appliance from J.C. Penney, it took me three appointments to get it and four phone calls after it was returned to get a refund, horrible experience from start to finish. My refrigerator broke. It was scheduled for delivery Saturday, 9/10. We received a call that Friday, that it could not be delivered Saturday but would be there 8:00-12:00 on Sunday.

We called J.C. Penney on Friday since it is a major inconvenience to have to wait an extra day without refrigeration. We were told they would do what they could to get it to us on Saturday (apparently at this time they could contact delivery people) or it would be at our house first thing Sunday morning. Never heard back from them again, so we Sat home and waited Saturday, no refrigerator. Sunday at 10:00 we called J.C. Penney again who assured us it was on the schedule for delivery. We also called the automated delivery number and it said it is on the schedule.

I called J.C. Penney at 12:00 and asked if my refrigerator was coming or not so I didn't waste the rest of my day and weekend waiting, and was told by a very pleasant J.C. Penney rep, I think her name was Ivory, I should call them on Monday to see if it would be delivered on Sunday. She "had no way to contact them." (But the rep the day prior could contact them?) Apparently she does not have driver's contact number because I was told the driver would call me a half hour prior so he must have a phone, therefore a contact phone number. I have a family of four to feed.

When my husband called the shipping company Monday morning, now three days after scheduled delivery date, he was told they don't know anything, he would have to call the warehouse that opens an hour and a half later. When he called the warehouse he was told, they don't know what happened. Horrible communication in a time of everyone having cell phones and computers that J.C. Penney customer service department cannot contact their delivery people. I told everyone that I bought this great refrigerator from J.C. Penney at a great price with no interest for 30 months.

The story changed completely over the weekend. When the refrigerator finally showed up it was dented. I accepted it with the option to return it or get "something off the price." They offered "$25.00 off" so it was returned. I scheduled the pickup of my old refrigerator with the delivery people the next day. I was again told by the J.C. Penney delivery team it would be picked up in two weeks.

It was the most horrible experience and I would not recommend J.C. Penney delivery to anyone. To end the horrible experience I had to call three or four times to get a refund and the only reason I got it was because I charged on J.C. Penney's card and they somehow told me they manually credited my account. I was promised money for my trouble and now four months later not a penny. I went to the Home Improvement store, they offer next day deliver and free interest. NEVER use J.C. Penney delivery.

I took my children shopping on Jan. 2nd at the Parks Mall in Arlington, TX as they had Christmas money they wanted to spend. My teenage son chose a Nike jacket he wanted and proceeded to go stand in the line which only had one cashier working. After waiting on him for at least 20 minutes or more and there were still 5-6 people in front of him, I told him just to put it back, we didn't have that kind of time. It's a shame that on a holiday, they didn't have enough people working. It makes one wonder how much business they lose because people are not willing to wait in line for a long period of time and they are not appropriately staffed.

I went to the jewelry department at JCPenney's and asked the associate to show me the white gold and diamonds selection. The associate showed me a pair of earrings that were included in the large diamond sale. After she confirmed the authenticity of the gold and diamonds I bought them right away. I buy my wife white gold and diamonds twice a year and when I gave her these fake earrings she immediately made me aware of the sterling silver and glass. I felt betrayed by JCPenney's after years of shopping there I guess they have changed their honesty and loyalty.

My experience in JCPenney was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I went to JCPenney on two separate occasions... spending nearly an hour there each time accomplishing NOTHING. My first trip to JCPenney at the Southern Park Mall in Boardman, OH, I was advised that their wedding registry was "down" and was told to download the JCPenney app on my smartphone and create my registry online. Nowhere in the app did it lead/prompt you to create a registry. Therefore I visited jcpenney.com on my regular internet browser. I created my registry and added a few items online.

Later, I visited JCPenney at the Shenango Valley Mall in Hermitage, PA. When I was there, I spent a half hour waiting in line to speak to an associate. And once I did have help, I was advised that they no longer have scanners in store for the registries and everything is now done online. I was told that through the JCP app, I could scan items with my smartphone. Nowhere on the app could I even access my registry and on the JCP webpage on my browser, it does not give you the option to scan items - you can only search items online.

I spent another half hour standing there navigating through my wedding registry on my smartphone with the associate because no one who worked there knew how to help with adding items in-store to my current registry. I was brushed off by the associate after she gave me a 1-800 number to contact. I was extremely frustrated by the end of my visit. I called the store back later and spoke to a manager. I was simply told that there have been updates made to their system and she would contact me with answers. I have not yet heard back from them. With all the things you need to plan in a wedding, creating a registry SHOULD NOT be this stressful!!! I will DEFINITELY NOT be returning to JCP for my wedding registry. I will be looking elsewhere where I can use store devices to scan items I want to add to my registry. I'm happy to say that JCP will be losing my business.

I have utilized the JCPenney Panty Hose, "east 5th, Sheer Caress" Subtle Shapers, Super Shaper, Girdle Top Panty, Everyday Sheer Leg, Sheer Reinforced Toe, for more years than I care to count. I have abdominal scars from multiple surgical procedures that are bothered by center-seamed hosiery. For this reason as well as others, I simply loved this pantyhose style and recommended them to many of my friends with similar issues. My last order was in March of 2016 as I take very good care of my hosiery. Now, I find that you no longer carry this style and I am most distraught by my inability to order these. Why would you cease to carry this style and will you be resuming the manufacture of this item anytime soon?? I ask because I will need to seek this style elsewhere if I cannot procure them from JCPenney. Thank you for allowing me to provide you with my opinion!!!

Today I called inquiring about the rewards points I thought I should have that weren't showing up. Usually you earn 1 reward point for every dollar spent that ends up being a $10 reward for every $100 spent. Come to find out JCPenney changed the qualifying amount to earn the $10 reward towards future purchases to $200! Wow that's a big bump! $200! Especially for people who justify the rewards in order to shop at JCPenney.

The other major complaint is that people have been shopping away for the Xmas season thinking they are getting more rewards than they really are because JCPenney has not updated their Rewards website. It still says you earn $10 for every $100 spent. Imagine how many customers wound have shopped at say Kohl's for all their Xmas gifts when they could have received $10 for every $50 spent. Very sneaky not updating their Rewards website before the Xmas season. Most people won't return items after they find out about the sneaky move JCPenney made by omitting the new policy on their website since a lot of items were gifts. I smell a class action lawsuit brewing perhaps. I spent over $250 online and still trying to get any rewards out of that since my Rewards balance is zero.

Called customer service twice. The first girl acted like she didn't even want to be at work today and it was from her that I found out the dollar amount had changed. Tried to sort out why my $250 purchases were not giving me any rewards at all with this gal but she was no help at all. I called back and got a different girl who had a personality and was very pleasant. She saw the $250 I spent and was trying to figure out why my rewards were not showing up and then Click... my call was dropped then silence. So I spent at least an hour on hold/customer service to get absolutely nowhere. Well sad to say I'm done with JCPenney. I'm paying off my card and canceling the card. JCPenney used to have the best service and fair deals for those of us that count on discounts to shop there. I noticed lately their checkout clerks in the store are not very pleasant at all. No hello or anything.

We have been shopping for a KitchenAid professional 600 stand mixer on a number of different sites. The KitchenAid site, the makers told the product, has the product at full price at $599.99. When I came across the JCPenney site, the same product was at "41% off original price", with a sales price (after discount) of $499.99, stating an "original price" of $860.00. Are they falsifying the original price to make consumers think they are getting a deal? Screenshots are attached. This is pretty disappointing.

Visited store in Altamonte Springs, FL. Second trip to buy king-size bedding. Checkout for this item is in the custom drapery section. During both visits I encountered two of the most unprofessional sales clerks, ever. Finally purchased my items tonight after waiting in line for clerk to finish with customer in front of me. The clerk's name is Anita. She never looked up after the customer left, she proceeded to do her paperwork. I asked if she could check me out, she stated that I was in the custom drapery area and that was her priority!

I explained I wanted to order drapes to match the bedspread in my hands. She sighed and said ok, reluctantly. I stated that I was aware she did not want to make the sale. She then ranted about being there 11 hours with no help, etc. I will never shop there again, I will not beg any store staff to take my money. They also rarely have items in stock that are on display in the drapery section. During the holidays or any other time the lines are long, not enough cashiers. The service is much better at Walmart and I'm not a fan of Walmart!

My sister ordered 3 clothing items online and had them shipped to me for a Christmas present. I never opened any of them because I knew by the sizes that they would not fit. Took them back to the nearest store, stood in line forever and told the guy, "These were gifts. I'd like to exchange them for something else." He said okay, then ripped the neatly folded and pressed items out of their original bags, rolled them up and tossed them into a return pile. Then he fiddled with the register, printed a receipt and handed it to me. I asked him what it was for and where is the money and he said, "It was refunded back to your original form of payment." I told him AGAIN that it was a gift and I wanted to exchange it. He said that wasn't possible with online orders. Either keep it or it gets refunded. So now I no longer have a present from my sister. I don't know why she even shopped at J.C. Penney. I've only done it once in about 25 years and will never, ever do it again.

Purchased online. Spent almost $1000 for a Samsung gas dryer plus matching pedestal. Also ordered installation and the dryer installation components. When the installer demo'd the newly installed dryer for my wife, she noted that smoke was emitting from the dryer. "That's normal", he replied. Fortunately, my wife noted that there was smoke coming from the dryer on the delivery ticket. Of the course, the dryer does not heat up and dry clothing. After 25 minutes on hold, I was told that this was Samsung's problem, not J.C. Penney's. Still waiting for Samsung to contact us. Have repeatedly contacted J.C. Penney (been on hold for 28 minutes as I write this), to no avail. Feel like this has all been a scam. Recommend DO NOT buy appliances from J.C. Penney and DO NOT buy Samsung gas dryer.

Ordered online for the first and last time at J.C. Penney. First order didn't go through for some reason. Had to place my order again. Checking to see if the order went through the second time my online account stated that there were no orders even though it did. They shipped one item but have no clue as to when the other one will ship. Has to be the worst online shopping experience I have ever had.

Don't go to this store located in Coral Square Mall, Coral Springs, FL. The store needs to be closed down. They don't have help, their registers went down, the bathrooms are filthy, and they won't let you use a coupon and they demand it back. The escalators were down for 2 days. The help talks back to you and steals your coupons. They were reported to the corporate office for terminations.

I purchased an Air Rowing Machine (Stamina 1399 (Model #35-1399)). The purchase price was $379.00 from J.C. Penny online. I have paid $250.00 since September of 2016. In December 2016, my balance is $241.53. I closed my J.C. Penny Credit Card as the Credit Dept. would not give me the Purchase Price, Order # claiming that their credit acct. history doesn't go back to Sept. and before (2016). I opened a new account using my personal credit card to open a new account. I am able to view my account now.

Order was placed for Christmas gifts through JC Penney's online. A pair of men's jeans and a sweater both of which were in stock at the time of the order. The order was placed on Dec. 18th with an arrival date of 12/23/2016. The order is still not here and this is Dec. 26th. A p/c was placed to JCP and spoke with an obnoxious customer service Rep. named Sandy. After waiting on hold for 7 minutes to have the issue addressed, Sandy kept interrupting me so she could have her needs addressed. Needless to say, there was nothing resolved through this wasted contact. Another p/c was made and the order was canceled with a manager. DO NOT SHOP AT JC Penney's if you want customer service, it does not exist. I went online and placed an order with a more reputable company. Hopefully the order gets here.

I love J.C. Penney and the store in Antioch is one of my favorites. We have purchased appliances from there this year and not only was the price beyond great the customer service we received was excellent. We live in a town where J.C. Penney does not deliver on one purchase a freezer. The store manager and her husband personally delivered our freezer. I mean who does that these days!! From that experience we went back to that same store and purchased some my appliances. They are a wonderful store and customer service!! They go above and beyond.

I ordered a king size mattress. One with steel coils- 385 to be exact. Ultra firm they said in the information online. When it came UPS I was very suspicious. It was a box 16" wide and 8 ft long. It was NOT A steel coil mattress. Now I am faced with trying to get them to take it back and not charge me a restocking fee of $75 and up. This is the third time I have had terrible results with these people. Never EVER again will I order from them. When I called I got transferred all over and put on hold, finally when they sent me to the furniture department and I told them what was the problem, I got put on hold and then disconnected. 000 customer service. No wonder they are failing at their business.

I applied JCPenney Card as the store rep suggested saying that for 24 hours whatever you purchase you will be given 35%(20+15) discount. But when I actually placed an order I got only 20%. I tried to called the Customer Rep, the information is not true.

We ordered Refrigerator, washer, and dryer (All samsung Brand) during thanks giving. When we were ordering it will be delivered by 4 December. Later on somebody called and told that there was a recall on the washer so samsung cannot deliver it on 22 Dec. We requested them to at least deliver the refrigerator but they cannot do it as everything is placed in one order. To get the fridge I should cancel the existing order and place a new order separately for washer, dryer and refrigerator. If I do I new order they said the delivery data will be on Dec 28th which is too far.

We didn't cancel the old one as it will take long time for delivery with a new order. I didn't get any call on Dec 22nd so called customer service again and they said your order was canceled from samsung side. No one informed about the cancellation either jc penny or samsung. The customer service agent who talked to me was so rude. We moved to a new home and we didn't have a fridge in my home since 25 days. We are eating out since a month. This is insane. I will never recommend anyone to buy appliances through jc penny.

I ordered a dryer on December 12 with a delivery date of the 21st. I spent 3.5 hours on hold with customer service to verify orders and delivery only to talk with agents who were terribly rude but quite incompetent. When the delivery men brought my dryer, they refused to stack it because they came without the stacking kit that was ordered with it. So we temporarily denied the dryer due to an incomplete order. I have been on the phone for a total of another 3 hours today trying to get things straightened out, and as it turns out, apparently the store I ordered at ordered me the stacking *service* but not the actual kit.

I wound up having to order my stacking kit from another store entirely, which is promised to get to be in one day. So I called the Major Appliance helpline to get my dryer, which is still IN MY CITY at their warehouse, to get my dryer delivered the same night so I could benefit from the services I paid for, and they refuse to deliver to me any sooner than January 5! So that's another two weeks that I have to figure out a drying system in my house since it's too cold to hang them on a line outside. They are entirely unapologetic for the extreme inconvenience this has caused my family. The store will not even try to figure out a way to get me my dryer as it was their own screw-up that led to this debacle. This is my very first experience ordering anything from JCPenney or their Samsung affiliates and it will absolutely be my last time. I am completely appalled.

I ordered 2 comforter sets for my granddaughters with the understanding and written confirmation they would arrive before Christmas (Dec 21-23). I called twice to check on the order and both times had to wait for over 30 minutes. I finally got to speak with someone on the 2nd call and was told my order would arrive after Christmas (Dec 28 and 29). The representative told me to go buy something else and return the others for a refund. She couldn't care less. I asked to speak to a manager to file a complaint and was disconnected.

I then tried to go online and file a complaint; went through the process TWICE, hit submit and received a notification that the service was down. I have been a loyal JCP customer for YEARS and have a JCP credit card. However, the service has gone downhill so bad lately that I shop there less and less. In-store and online customer service is extremely lacking. I guess I WILL have to purchase another gift for my grandchildren since now they have nothing under the tree and I am left with 1 day to shop and fight the crowds. EXACTLY what I was trying to avoid. Oh, and did I mention, the nearest JCP store is nearly 45 minutes away. Amazon is looking better and better. Brick and mortar stores will be a thing of the past if customer services does not improve soon!

We purchase a complete set of LG kitchen appliances (microwave, dishwasher, stove, and refrigerator) from Penney's the first week of November 2016. We were told it could not be delivered until December 22 (over six weeks from the purchase date). We agreed to wait even though our current dishwasher was broken. We never heard from Penney's again and then called on December 21 to ask about the delivery. They told us they had rescheduled it for December 28 thus ruining our holiday travel plans. If we had not called we would have never even heard about the reschedule.

In the meantime we had shopped at Sears and purchased a new clothes dryer. They delivered the next week without delay and told us exactly when they would be onsite to install the appliance. They called the day before and emailed us once during the week to remind us of the delivery. We went to Penney's to support their selling appliances again but would never go back and are trying to cancel the order so we can go to Sears to get the appliances. We will no longer shop at Penney's for anything and I would encourage others not to shop there either!!

Compare Shoes Online