JCPenney

• 1%
  • 6%
  • 76%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Thanks for closing my credit acct before I even used it...You did me a favor because you're too expensive anyway...Didn't really need you! Thought it was somewhat rude to even give a credit card then take it away...Do better.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

The deals that Penney has are out of this world! Especially on their jewelry! They are practically giving it away. I love this store, I always have. It never disappoints and it is a brand that I can count on!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 13, 2024

The next time I get coupons in the mail from JC Penney, I will throw them in the trash. I just spent 2 hours looking online for a women's white tank top that I could use my $10 off coupon on that wasn't name brand, a DoorBuster, a Limited Time Special, a Best Value, or a Clearance item that would ship to store for free. I could not find even one shirt that fit these strict requirements to use a coupon, and I searched for camisoles as well as tank tops and sleeveless tops. I finally bought two sleeveless tops and paid regular price to have them delivered to a store in Oklahoma. No coupon. What an insult. JCP used to be the "go to" store to shop at and use coupons. They have become progressively worse; I thought it was bad at Christmas time with trying to use coupons when I was in the store. It is even worse now online. Huge disappointment on Mother's Day, even!!! :(

Reviewed May 7, 2024

If I could do a negative 10 I would. Customer service is a joke. JCPenney is not the company it once was. I ordered two pairs of Puma sneakers. I received both in a plastic bag. One was in its usual box the other wrapped in plastic. Needless to say the one wrapped up in plastic was all crushed and bend, not looking new at all. In fact looks like I got them from a flea market. Called customer service. He says, "Oh no problem. Take them to store for a return/refund." What. So the whole purpose of ordering online is to avoid going to the store yes/no? Plus the stores don't ever have the size I ordered, which is why I ordered online. Also they were for a birthday present tomorrow. So thanks JCPenney. Now I have two choices which aren't really choices for me. #1 return. And not give my grandkid the one thing they wanted. #2 give him these shoes that look like they're not new. PLUS where's the box?

Reviewed May 3, 2024

NEVER AGAIN. Made a jewelry purchase 02/4/2024 from an associate at our local store. Was shopping for a Valentines/10th Anniversary gift for my husband. Figured I would kill two birds with one stone since the traditional 10th anniversary gift is diamonds and the modern gift is diamond jewelry. Explained to the associate that we were looking for a 14k gold and diamond wedding band to replace his current one. What we were ultimately sold was a gold over sterling diamond band. NOT what we were expecting.

Now, we never would have second guessed what the associate had sold us if we had not noticed the gold wearing off after only a little after 60 days. When we returned to the store to get the ring resized and to ask about why the gold was wearing off, we were then informed by a different associate that the band was not solid gold, but in fact gold over silver. NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN INFERIOR RING. My husband wears his ring EVERYWHERE including work where the ring is exposed to abuse 9-10 hrs a day. Point is, look, ask, ask again, then ASK AGAIN about what you're purchasing. I honestly felt like we have been hoodwinked and will never purchase so much as piece of clothing from this store. We'll let our card expire before we charge another penny to it.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

On 4-11 went into the Mall of Georgia JCPenney store looking for a comforter full size, they didn’t have it in the store so it was ordered for me. On 4-17 received email that to pick up my order. I went in to pick up my order and was treated very poorly by the cashier. I gave her my order number and she said that it was not in. I showed her the email stating that it was. I asked her to check and see if they had the comforter on the floor now because maybe they had gotten a shipment in. And, she said that she didn’t know anything about that department. And she refused to get me any help. I had to demand that she get me a manager. Management came and asked how she could help. Explain to her what went on and I gave her the order number and she to the back and came right back with my order. She apologized for the bad experience that I had.

I get home, opened up the box and it was the wrong item. I called back and asked for the manager that helped me (Jill). She instructed me to bring it back and that she would return it and reorder my item and pay for overnight shipping for me. Well she did that but I didn’t get it. I had to call customer care. I spoke with Mary a manager who was again apologetic for the situation. I was given a gift card and told that my order would be delivered on Monday 22. I received a package that day but it was not my order. It was two plastic flowers not even a comforter set. I called back and spoke with another manager Julius who apologized and he reordered it for overnight again so now I’m waiting for the 24 of April. He said that if it doesn’t come correct this time I will be given a refund. We will see.

Robert increased rating by 4 stars.
    Customer Service
    After a positive interaction with JCPenney, Robert increased their star rating on April 30, 2024.

Updated review: April 30, 2024

Charge has been removed from the credit card and I am now able to order items and use the credit card for those purchases. Thank you for rectifying the situation, it is greatly appreciated.

Original Review: April 22, 2024

Placed an order online, applied and received a credit card with JCPenney. A day after placing my order, JCPenney canceled the order, no reason given but left the charge of $522 on the credit card. A charge I cannot get removed, I cannot speak to someone who has a clear VoIP connection since they're apparently from overseas and that actually understands English. I responded to the email I received about the canceled order 5 times, not one response from customer care. What a great introduction to JCPenney. At this point I want the charge removed and to cancel the credit card and never order anything from JCPenney again.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

My visit to the JCPenney portrait studio left me feeling deeply hurt and disheartened. It was meant to be a joyous occasion, capturing the early moments of my precious son's life, but instead, it turned into a nightmare due to the disrespectful behavior of the photographer, Larry. As soon as we walked in, Larry's attitude was sour, and it only worsened when my son started to cry. Instead of showing understanding, he lashed out at my family, raising his voice and making us feel unwelcome. The situation escalated when he scolded us for something as simple as placing my grandson on a blanket. His tone was harsh and demeaning, making me question why I had chosen to trust him with such a special moment.

What truly broke my heart was the way he treated my husband. Instead of diffusing the situation, Larry resorted to using racial slurs and aggressive behavior. It was terrifying, especially with my daughter and grandson present. Feeling scared and vulnerable, I felt the need to document the confrontation, fearing for my family's safety. Thankfully, the manager, Teresa, intervened, but the damage was done. This experience has left a lasting impact on me. It's disheartening to think that such behavior is tolerated in a place meant to capture cherished memories. I hope JCPenney takes swift action to address this issue and ensures that no other family has to endure such hurtful treatment.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

Wow! Wow! Excellent service! Good behavior! Good knowledge!. I love this place. Selection is awesome, staff is very helpful with no pressure. Will visit again.. They have a large and great selection. I happily purchased two pair of the shoes with JCPenney help.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

We have been going there for the past 3 years. Went to get fitted for contacts, because I didn't want to purchase the contacts there the Dr put nothing for contacts fitting. I didn't want it for free!!! I chose a pair of glasses and left. Will not be going back. Run don't walk, there are many places to get glasses with a great selection. The eye doctor is the most important thing there. We were shocked at the petty response towards our visit. My glasses were 500.000 this year and last year, 700.00. I think you would expect better treatment. Like I said Run!

Price

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I ordered a bedspread ensemble, called Julliette, the package was perfect, the bedspread exactly as I hoped for. But according to the photo on the package and online order, there were no matching shams, or the accent pillow. I hesitated to order because of the price in the queen size, but it was all the perfect colors I needed, imagine my surprise when I checked customer complaints for this item, shams were not available. I feel a price reduction is in order, as I now plan to sew my own shams!! I would suggest NOT photographing any product that can not be delivered true to form!

Sandy M/Colorado

Reviewed April 10, 2024

If I could give zero stars I would. Shipping is awful. Three weeks and I am still waiting on package. When contacting JCP they refer me to Ups who in turn refers me to USPS. Big runaround with no resolution. Can't start a return because I don't have product to return. DO BETTER JCP.

Reviewed April 9, 2024

They don't carry diverse sizes and their selection isn't not satisfying for bigger people. Even if I get skinny after how I have seen them treat bigger people, me and my family will not shop there. I hope they do better!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 7, 2024

I placed 2 orders and later checked the status of them and saw that, after updating my address, my orders were being sent to the wrong city. I called customer service and them fixed it. I ended up getting the first order I purchased, but the second order did not get fixed and UPS returned it. JCPenney said I would have to buy the items again and that a refund for the original would go back to my account in the next two weeks. It's aggravating that they messed up my address but I am the one paying the price for it.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Horrible company. Their customer service is a joke. Will never shop with them ever again. The way they do business is pathetic. If looking for a company who treats their customers well this is not it. This place is a joke.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

Twice in last year I have placed an order with JC Penney online but the order has been cancelled for no apparent reason. I wasted my time even shopping online at their website. The first time I did not find out my order was cancelled until I arrived at store to pick up order. They did not have in stock. Spoke with store manager who could not tell me why I was not notified BEFORE I drove down to pick up at store? Today, placed small order online and received email that order was being processed. 30 minutes later got an email that order was canceled and to call cust service. Called and they could not tell me why online order was canceled. So I am through with JC Penney. Cancelled my rewards account, unsubscribed to their email, and totally ignoring any correspondence I receive from them! Talk about a company shooting themselves in their foot! Really.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

My husband bought me a 10-carat gold rope necklace for my birthday in November. It started unraveling in January so I stopped wearing it. We went into the store last week and asked for a replacement and the lady behind the counter said that after two months they don’t do exchanges. No exchanges on a $650 necklace? I’ll never spend another dime at JCPenney’s.

Profile pic of the author.
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

They are the worst business and credit card company I have dealt with. I would never do business with this company. They are a waste of time and did not provide great services at all. Do not do business with JCPenney Master Card company (Synchrony).

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I ordered 2 shoes online and both of them got canceled because not available. but they still show available and ready to order online after 7 days. Customer said they shows available in inventory but not in warehouse, what the heck. How can JCP do business even no clue about their inventory. Shame on them.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

I just closed my JCP account after more than 45 years! In November, I sent my husband a JCP link to a sweater that I would like for my birthday. We don't shop at JCP very often because they closed the store near us, but we didn't realize that our JCP credit card was saved on the website. We never thought about it after he made the purchase, but then we received an emailed invoice in January with a late fee and interest (even though we never received an invoice in December). It is difficult to speak to a real person, but I filed a dispute form online and the response said that they DID send an invoice in December and we still owed the late charges. The $29 sweater ended up costing us $61! We simply can't allow this to happen again, so I closed the account.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I paid over $2,000 on my credit card which was 4,000. My payment is still high. Don’t bother paying on your credit card because it gets you nowhere. Had I known that I have never paid it period! I have had it and will never use JCP again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

Ordered a mattress and the delivery company never showed up. Call to reschedule and their voicemail was full. Reached out to JCPenney customer service and got the run around. Pushed to get refund but still have not received it! This has been the worst experience from start to finish! Will never show here again!

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

JCPenney sent me someone else's package. I returned it. I never received $88.45 in items that I ordered. They refunded the items that I never received in 6 sporadic small increments that only totaled $53.14. I've called customer service at least 6 times.They claim to elevate the situation which I then get an email claiming they refunded me. They have not. I asked to talk to the manager and they said they don't call anyone, they only email. They never respond to my email and when I call back, they say the case is closed and then the circle of lies begins all over. This is in fact stealing when they keep your money for items you don't receive.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2024

On December 10th I changed my address since we moved and then I placed my order. Unfortunately JCPENNEY sent my order to the wrong address. Instead of trying to help me, this company has not done anything. I had to put claims in with UPS - they say the packages are lost. I contacted JCPENNEY again and again they would not help me. It seems this company has gone down the drain and no longer cares about their customers. They have lost so much business because of their many CEOs and now they are taking advantage of their customers. Shop at JCPENNEY at your own risk because they will rob you given the chance.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

My order was delivered to someone else but because the delivery company said it was delivered to me they will not credit my account! I have been a customer over 30 years! Crappy customer service!! Now I have to pay $74 for a rug I never received!! Never again!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

I paid for an online order that never shipped. JCPenney never contacted me, reached out or updated me to let me know that my order never shipped. Instead, they continued to collect monies from me for the item -- while the item never actually left the warehouse. They marked my item as "shipped" and it was not. When I called in to see where my item was, I was told that it was "never picked up" by the carrier. When I asked, how is it that other orders have been picked up except mine, they couldn't provide an answer and continued to try to shift the blame on UPS -- even though JCPenney has the item. I asked to speak to a supervisor, given that the remedy provided was:

1. We will refund you.
    2. We will recharge you, but for the "Same Price". (Why would it be for any other price, other than what I paid?)

3. We will give you free shipping, but cannot expedite it and it will be standard shipping.

When I asked, well how do I know it will be shipped this time? Why do I have to be recharged again for this to ship? Where is my original order I placed, or, why must I pay again to have the item replaced? I paid for two items that never came and never left the warehouse. I spoke to the supervisor, Verisha from "Escalate Advocate" department. I was then told, the prior agent refunded me incorrectly, verified me incorrectly and if I didn't provide:

- My name
    - Number
    - Account Order Number
    - Full Address

- Email address

I couldn't be helped, even though I provided all of that to the prior person. When I advised Verisha that I didn't have the order number in front of me anymore, Verisha told me that she couldn't "help me then", even when I asked if that information was not available after providing the other FOUR pieces of information. When I asked Verisha to cancel the order and delete my account, Verisha rudely told me "You can do both yourself, is there anything else?". I asked her again, I need my account deleted and I can't do it. She continued to be rude, telling me she couldn't "do it".

When I asked her to transfer me to someone who can, or provide the department that can, she flat out told me "I don't know and I can't help you". I asked her numerous times, "if you cannot assist me, is there someone you can refer me to who can?". Verisha continued to double down on telling me that she cannot help me and to have my account deleted, I CAN'T. Verisha told me to "close" my account, just "log out" and don't place any more orders.

Shame on JCPenney. Providing someone with a "I can't" isn't customer service, as I've worked in customer service before. Providing someone with a "I don't know, go figure it out on your own" attitude, when you are the employee of the company and an escalation point at that, is a problem. Providing someone with a resolution such as "I can have you pay (again) for the same price you originally paid" is not a resolution. It's a given. Why would a customer pay any more than they originally did, when the vendor (JCPenney) dropped the ball? I'm the customer who paid my hard-earned money to JCPenney, while JCPenney never held their end of the bargain and delivered what I paid for.

I'm met with a grumpy supervisor, who seems to be one call away from checking out of JCPenney, as she refused to help me, provide me with help, or transfer me to someone willing to actually do their job and help. When I confirmed with her, "So you can't help me and you're refusing to find someone who can help me correct?" she continued to double down, stating this is a recorded call, etc. I told her I would be filing multiple complaints.

I've also filed a complaint with the BBB, as well as reviews to let others know my experience. As a long-standing customer of JCPenney, this is no way to treat a situation. You should focus on hiring those who actually want to help. We will no longer be spending any more money towards a company who is fine taking your money, but has a problem when it comes to accountability of holding up their end of the bargain.

I asked for the item to be reshipped as expedited, for the same price, since I'm the consumer that's been inconvenienced, waiting almost two weeks as of tomorrow for an order that never left the warehouse. Instead, I was met with a "Unfortunately" after every sentence, no understanding, no actual solution beyond recharging me (again) and being told to figure something out on my own, by an employee working in the "Support" team.

Also, if JCPenney is unable to delete my account and what Verisha said is true, that there is no "way" and I just have to "log out" please point me to the documentation stating that. Because the website says otherwise and even states, that there is a department who can close a JCP Rewards account. Verisha told me if I wasn't a credit card holder of JCP, she was unable to "do anything". Unacceptable. Shame on you, JCPenney. Your employees are dishonest, unhelpful and unwilling to assist actual consumers who have gotten the short end of the stick.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2023

I was recently in the JCPenney in St Cloud, MN. The problem is in others I have been at, it takes so long to check out, they don't have enough help, same problem as everyone is having but what I have noticed is with all the coupons and there must be an incentive for clerks to get people to open a credit card account, that the looking for coupons, filling out paperwork for credit cards, returning and rebilling takes an excessive amount of time, if I am going to purchase I am starting to look at how long the lines are and if there is over 2 people in line I will put things back and go somewhere else. It may be wise for the companies that are playing the coupon game to rethink how the customer that is in their store is getting processed.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2023

I called customer service because I saw my address was incorrect on the order and was told they couldn’t do anything about it. So I asked if I was able to get a refund if I didn’t get my order and I asked this after trying to find a way of getting my order. The associate named Diego, in customer service the 1-800 number said I wasn’t going to be able to get a refund because it was my fault for having a wrong address on file and for ordering online. Therefore, I was really dissatisfied and give them a bad review.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

I ordered my merchandise on November 17. I asked to have it shipped to the store I normally shop at. The clerks cannot find my item. One clerk says it's in the store and another clerk says it's in transit to the store. I asked to cancel for a refund so I can purchase it some where else. I can not cancel because they don't have it and cannot be found. This is extremely frustrating!!! I will not ever order from JCP.com again. JCP where is my item?

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2023

I bought a shirt online at Jcp.com and needed to return it. I went to the store and they gave me $10 less. I did not see anywhere that they will not give full refunds. I will never buy from JCP online

JCPenney Company Information