3.8/5 (713 ratings)

About JCPenney

JCPenney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JCPenney?

Original review: June 22, 2022

Recently my GF and I purchased a couch a bed and a bed frame from JCPenney during their memorial day weekend sale. I received a phone call to set up a time for my drop off and the person on the phone informed me that they wouldn't be able to bring any of the furniture inside my home. I was confused I just spent 1800$ dollars with this company and they couldn't finish the job. They informed me this was because of covid restrictions. All I wanted them to do was bring the couch in which is the heaviest and most awkward thing to move. No can do. I offered to wear a mask and not even be in the area. No can do.

NOWHERE on their terms and conditions nor on their website does it say anything about restrictions because of covid and the inability to bring things into people's homes. After getting off the phone with customer service there is nothing that can be done because the hub that THEY employ tells them what they will and will not do. I'm honestly dumbfounded by the lack of customer service from JCPenney and I can say for certain I will never shop with them again.

Original review: June 21, 2022

A couple months ago I ordered clothes and shoes. I never got my package. I did however get a package of the wrong item that they sent me. So I sent it back and the agent said I would get a full refund. I sent that item back and now they want me to file a police report on my package. On the wrong item. What sense does that make? I got a package, but it was not what I ordered. I’m having to fight tooth and nail to get my refund. I’m going to file a police report and they're going to look at me stupid because I got a package of the wrong item. I hate JCPenney and won’t be ever shopping here again.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have shopped at JCPenney since I a young child. I’ve seen the company flourish and flounder. Recently, due to Klarna and my being on a fixed income I was able to shop here again for all of my needs and all of gift needs. I’ve never missed a payment and I shop here quite frequently. After shopping a recent sale I go to check out and can’t find the Klarna app. I contact Klarna thinking it’s their error. They to see the app has disappeared. I call JCPenney and am told yes they have cancelled the Klarna app and in about a year they will have have their own version of buy here pay later. Well what am I supposed to do in the meantime. I’ll tell you what. I’ll NEVER step foot in one of your stores again or shop online. My business obviously is not important to you. I’ve deleted your app and blocked your emails as junk. How dare you pompous ignorant fools. I can easily spend my elsewhere. You are not the only store in town. Good riddance.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Went in salon and picked up shampoo & conditioner. There was a 40% off sign on same shelf. I put items on counter to check out and lady comes from behind the counter to remove the sale signs. She insisted I pay full price. No thank you. I will shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 19, 2022

So, I bought the set of sofa and loveseat but once received was in total shock! Never in my life seen sofa that came in a box and need to be put together like a puzzle. One red flag! So I put the sofa together and it sit okay on its handle but the loveseat was not as lucky with as one side was not set correctly. So I did not call to get it pick up or changed due to it was during all this Covid-19 shenanigans and was not sure if they would pick it up once deliver. Well, I waited to call them but when I did was told it was over a year ago and there was nothing they could do about it. Horrible business. Lack of integrity to their customers. Indeed don't recommend anyone to do business with JCPenney! Sad as it sounds.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Horrible! Tried to place order on the website. The website won't remove shipping if you ship to store. Then you call in to customer service. They give you the run around. They want to verify your account details and all you simply want to do is to get help with your order online. First you have to spend 10 mins verifying your account details. If the details don't match because you moved they won't help you. All you want to do is get help with the shipping to the store for free and not delivered to your home to avoid the shipping cost. Extremely hard to get help with a basic order. All you want to do is get help with removing the shipping to the store. This is why retailers like Sears go out of business of making it to hard for customer to order something.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered clothes online. They were never delivered. I have cameras at my house and nobody came to my house or delivered anything the day they said it was delivered. I called JCPenney and they said it's not their problem since the delivery company said they delivered it and I would have to go file a police report. I've spent an hour on the phone with customer service, who did not care and just repeated that it's "their process and they were sorry." Been using JCPenney since I was a kid. Will no longer be using them. Pretty bummed out that they could not care any less about the situation if they tried.

Original review: March 6, 2022

While I used to think JCPenney was a great place to shop a recent online order proved otherwise. I ordered several items including a denim pair of shorts- they sent shorts 2 sizes smaller than I ordered. I tried to begin a return but they tried to charge me $8 return postage- so I called the number provided. The lady argued and said they don't offer them in the size I received. I immediately read her the UPC number on the shorts. All I wanted was the correct size shorts and I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I asked the supervisor to please just send the correct size and their corporate policy would not allow him to do that. He spent a lot of time trying to assist me, but their policy would not allow an exchange. The shorts were a clearance item with a very limited quantity. Now I have to wait for my refund to reorder. Please keep in mind that JCPenney is who caused this issue, however they won't fix their mistake. I will no longer purchase items from this company and I highly suggest others reconsider purchasing from them as well.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I was on Facebook one night and a family member posted a advertisement for JCPenney for a sale they was having basically for Valentine’s Day on diamonds. the deals ranged from low to high. I took it upon myself to browse the JCPenney website for days before even deciding to make this purchase or is it was really a “necessary” purchase. I’m a single mother to one son who is 5 & between losing my dad and the issues I been dealing with involving my son and his school I needed a little pick me up considering this was my 4th valentines being a single mom.

I do not fall into the Valentine’s Day hype I never even had a legit REAL VALENTINES that any woman would imagine ever!!! I always have provided and done for myself and been reasonably responsible with not needed purchases. I decided to purchase 2 items a heart Diamond earring set and the matching ring. I scrolled through pages of sales and days of deciding before making this purchase that’s why I’m so annoyed even more. The family member who I started this off with she ordered one ring after me. she received the same emails I did. the original email stating the purchase with the date and order number and amount of purchase.

A few days later we both received tracking information hers was accurate mine was not. I clicked the tracking which opened the UPS website and it stated my tracking information was invalid and that the last tracking information on this number is over 120 days old. I was disgusted immediately went on the website typed in my order information and phone number and the page loads telling me 2/10/22 I should be receiving this package (that I also added protection too to make sure I received them). I then start to stress myself into a panic attack because I have no tracking info that is accurate nothing. So I reach out to the companies 1800 # listed in the website and I was given every single run around. This was 4 days of calling getting nowhere.

I receive an email from JCPenney stating they were sorry my package was running late. when I clicked on the link it showed me it was “just shipped” and it would be at my house by 2/11/22. Well the said date comes and goes! NO PACKAGE!! NO UPDATED TRACKING INFORMATION AND NO INFORMATION FROM THE ACTUAL COMPANY!! I was told give it 2 business days which I called both days because at this point I’m beyond disgusted! That was my Valentine’s Day gift to my damn self which I never do!!

I call today 2/15/22 demanding a refund on the purchases and the protection packages. I was giving a whole run around about that, how it takes 10-12 days for an item to ship. it's not coming from the direct store. it’s coming from warehouses or whatever the stupid representative Diane had said. at that point she was blocked out because this here is some ** right here!! I remember JCPenney 20 years ago. my father bought my mother a huge Diamond ring from there and paid for it outright in cash. I never ever heard anything bad about JCPenney. I am so beyond disgusted by that company. After reviewing the website it states 3-5 days for an item to ship and it doesn’t state whether in store or whatever. I will NEVER IN MY LIFE EVER EVER MARK MY WORDS EVERRRR DO BUSINESS WITH JCPENNEY AGAIN!!! They lie!!!! Instead of refunding me immediately I got a hassle and a case number

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Do not apply! The decreases your limit without notice. Put me over the limit! Credit score went down! No late with a payment! I am going to close this account immediately and move to another company now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

On 1/1/22, I emailed JCP because the wrong item was sent to me. On 1/4/22, I received a response that the return shipping charge of $8.00 would be refunded in two days. On 1/6/22, I received acknowledgment that my return was received and that I would receive a refund within 7 days. The initial $8.95 shipping charge to have the wrong item sent to me was not addressed. On 1/15/22, JCPenney responded apologizing for the inconvenience and advised me that the return was still pending, and wishing me a happy new year. Calling the (800) 322-1189 C/S number did not acknowledge my order and would not allow me to speak with a representative. Currently, JCP owes me $71.23. I would like my refund of $71.23 processed and sent immediately.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Bought my daughter a nice crockpot as a Christmas gift then sent it to her via UPS, she called me today just now took it out of box. She Said filled with used food and filthy. I am disgusted. Lost out on my money and will never ever shop here again. How dare they send a used filthy crockpot!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have been shopping JCPenney since in the 70s and love the products so far. However it would be nice to receive a bill on my JC Penney card. I was finally curious and went online and found that the bill was delinquent and the late fee was more than the product. I contacted customer service and that is a runaround to a point that I just paid the bill as obviously I was not going to get anywhere. Just that one experience has made me never to shop at JC Penney ever again. Make sure if you use your JC Penney card to also do their accounting for them. They obviously have no clue how to do that. Maybe they should reorganize, staff know nothing and these people will try through their practices ruin your credit. However my credit is still excellent, I will just shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

My order was cancelled and no refund and today is Jan 18, 2022. Now I have to wait 3-5 business days to be contacted to receive my refund. This is frustrating. No contact or nothing. Took my money and cancelled my order.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Buyer beware! If you need something delivered, do not shop JCPenney. We ordered a mattress on 11/29/2021 for our daughter. We wanted to pick the mattress up ourselves but JCPenney said that was not possible, it had to be delivered. Delivery was scheduled for today, 1/12/2022, through Ryder Last Mile. I took the day off after receiving the delivery confirmation email, text, and phone call two days ago and yesterday with the 2 hour time window. I received a phone call from Ryder Last Mile this morning that their truck was broke down. I asked that my mattress either be placed on another truck for delivery today or that I could come and pick up myself. They said that JCPenney works not authorize either.

I called JCPenney customer service 1-800-332-1189. I spoke with at least 4 different people in 2 hours and none would authorize either of my requests. They offered a "discount" to deliver another day (at the end of the month). I explained that my daughter now has no mattress as we were expecting her new one today and I cannot take another day off work. The discount was $70. That is unreasonable to wait at least two and half more weeks, and then who knows if that truck will also "break down."

I then demanded a full refund and to cancel the order with an email sent to me detailing the cancellation and the full refund amount. The first email I received stated, "The reason of this e-mail is to give you the confirmation number ** of the cancelation request and to let you know that you need to wait 7BD to be able to see your money back to your payment method."

I said that the amount was not on the email and demanded a new email. He then hung up on me. I called back and spoke with another person, this time I'm furious, and demanded the email. After much debate about how it's not "normal practice" to send an email to that effect, she agreed to send one, which I did finally receive. And now we are without a mattress and JCPenney will never get my business again. Nor will I ever order from any place with Ryder Last Mile as the delivery company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I bought 7 men's suit sets (jacket and pants) for the groom and my groomsmen in my upcoming wedding during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale at JC Penney online this past year. I received the jackets. I never received any of the matching 7 pants and it's been over a month despite email confirmation suggesting pants were delivered with jackets. I gave it almost a month before I called JC Penney to check in on the orders in light of the holidays and worker shortages. The items were supposed to be delivered early Dec.

On Dec 23rd, I called JC Penney online services at 905pm and was connected to a female rep with a thick foreign accent. I told her my issue. She was not friendly and almost seemed annoyed. The last she said to me was "I can't find that order". She then put me on hold without any verbal warning. The line was then disconnected also without warning.

I then called again at 921 pm and was connected to a male rep with a foreign accent name Janine (I actually made sure to record rep name this time due to previous experience). I told Janine about how I was hung up on and my issues never resolved. I asked why the person did not call me back. Janine told me they did not have the ability to call back but said he would put me on hold. The line was again disconnected without warning.

Frustrated and near tears, I called for a third time in the day and got a rep named Amanda. She was much nicer and seemed to be from the States. Amanda looked up my order number and said that she could see that there was a pending order that's supposed to arrive on Dec 29th. She couldn't tell me exactly what was in the order (which I think is so weird being how advanced technology is in 2021) but that if I didn't get the package by Dec 29th then I should not worry and my money would be refunded. She said she was making note of everything she was saying to me on her computer system. I callously took her word for it.

Dec 29 comes around and no order arrived for the missing 7 pairs of pants. I called on Dec 30th and got a female rep named Liz. Liz told me that Amanda only wrote that there would be packages arriving on the 29th but no promise written for refund. The package arrival looked delayed until Jan 5th but again she could not see what was in the package or why it was delayed. I then demanded that they simply just cancel the order and give me my money back. Liz then told me no refund could be given unless I filed a police report. I then told Liz I could not understand why we would even waste the time of the already busy law enforcement if it could be seen that there are pending orders not sent yet.

I also asked why a police report would even be a suggestion if the order was made within the 90 day company return policy. Liz then said she did not have a button to cancel things unless it was 30 min after order was first placed. She then suggested FedEx might have stolen it (stolen 7 pairs of randomly sized pants?? What a coincidence. And you just literally told me you can see the order was not completed…). I told her she was making any sense and I then demanded to speak to a manager but she said they would not be able to do more than what she advised me. She said the most she could do was open up an “urgent case” in which a rep would call back in 48 hours (No one ever called me back). She then again urged to put in a police report and email JCPenney if Jan 5th came and I again did not get those 7 pants.

Jan 5th came and I again have not received the 7 pants. I did attempt to file a police report as advised by Liz though I felt stupid and embarrassed doing it because it just didn’t make sense to be approaching things this way. As anticipated, the local officer told me a police report was for items actually delivered and stolen and in this case the items were simply never sent. He told me something similar has happened with him with some boots from JCPenney in the past. He advised me to call my credit card company and file a fraudulent charge claim. This is currently pending while I’m waiting to hear back from JC Penney if I even hear back.

~$600 robbed from a bride-to-be and they seem to not care or find anything wrong about the situation. My mother and I have been loyal customers of JC Penney for at least the past 28 years and we have never had issues until now. We heard rumors the company was going downhill and I can now see why. I am disgusted at the terrible customer service I have dealt with and why a simple issue has been made into something so complicated. Other companies would have admitted their error and either issue a full refund or reissue the items never received.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I placed an order and the order never came. They asked me to get a police report and after contacting my local department they would not issue a report. I reached out to inform JCP about this issue and they still would not return my funds. They are thieves and have terrible service. DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM. DISGUSTING, even the staffs/supervisors/managers are nasty!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

JCPenney has got to be the worse, ABSOLUTELY worse place to shop. It's like the employees don't want to sell you anything and do their best to run you off, make you mad so you won't buy anything, try to rip you off while you're standing there looking right at them. Nearly every online order I've made in the last year at least 7 times they've canceled 1 or more items out of my order saying item not available. But every time I've went back online and the item, items are still being sold, showing in stock. At least 4 times out of 7 I've reordered and guess what. I got my items that were canceled in the order a week before in another order because of them claiming out of stock.

Thankfully I live close to a JCPenney store so I could take all the extra stuff I had to order to keep from paying shipping back so I could get my item I originally ordered. It's like these people don't want to sell the merchandise they have. I contacted them each time on every order that had a canceled item in it and ask why it was still up for sale if it wasn't available. I was told that the system just hasn't updated yet to show out of stock. I ask, "So if I reorder the item will it be canceled also?" They replied, "Yes it will be canceled also." Well I reordered anyway and got the item I wanted 4 different times.

I'm sure if I had of reordered everything that had ever been cancelled I would have gotten those items also. Because they were never shown to be out of stock online. And by the looks of the reviews I'm not the only one being done like this. So just imagine if they actually shipped everything they claimed was out of stock but wasn't how much money they would make. As for the local JCPenney OMG! It's a nightmare. There is never enough people working on the weekend or holidays to check people out and the ones that are don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

This weekend I watched 6 different people lay the stuff down they were going to buy and walk out and I'm not talking about just 1-2 items either. They each had look to be 4 or more items they laid down on a sale table they were standing by because it was taking so long with 2 different women at the 2 cash registers because they didn't know what they were doing. I stood in line for 30 minutes behind the lady that was trying to get checked out. By the time it was my turn and trying to use my rewards and coupons because the girl didn't know what she was doing after 25 minutes I just laid my $150 worth down and told her never mind and left myself. It was a couple of Coleman quilts and other stuff that was a good price.

I don't know what the person who bought out JCPenney has on their mind but it's not selling the merchandise they have. Because there is no way these people can't see the disaster the employees they have are. I have never in my 56 years seen a business try so hard not to sell their merchandise as JCPenney. Employees try so hard to piss off every customer they have and asking someone for help is like you walked up and said something ugly to them the way they look at you. It's like they're getting paid extra for every customer they run off and don't sell anything to. I'm not trying to be funny either. This is exactly how bad my experience with JCPenney has been if not worse.

The reward program is a joke. Because unless you use your rewards on clearance or full price merchandise you'll be ripped off at least half of your rewards if you use them with a coupon. Because they take your rewards off first before the coupon. Say you spend $100 and have a 20% off coupon with $20 rewards. Instead of taking the 20% off first they take your rewards off first and then the coupon. So when all's said and done they ripped you off part of the rewards you earned by shopping with them. And the reward program isn't that great to start with and that's even with having a JCPenney store card. It has gotten to where when my friends know I'm going shopping and I went to JCPenney they can't wait to hear what happened so they can have a big laugh. Now that's bad.

The way you're treated by JCPenney employees, the stuff they do and try to do you can't help but just stand there and look at them in amazement and think to yourself how in the world this person got dressed that morning and found their way to work. Now I'm laughing because it's just that funny and amazing how this place is still in business. This review is every bit the truth of what it's been like for me shopping at JCPenney.com and my local JCPenney store believe it or not.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I want to love JCPenney. I've been patronizing their physical locations since the 90's. I'm also not the sort who subscribes to the mantra that "the customer is always right", having worked in retail, myself. Unfortunately these corporate giants, even the floundering ones, are transparent in their apathy or outright disdain for individual customer satisfaction, relations, or retention. They blatantly fail to match action to word in their form letter scripts and demonstrate zero interest in practicing basic human decency or even good business sense.

I questioned a shipping fee that was applied to an order when I selected to pick up the item in store. This problem was compounded when their shopping cart would not let me check out with the quantity specified, but did allow me to place separate orders for the same item, thus incurring the erroneous shipping fee twice. I expected a brief, civil exchange and, yes, I anticipated that JCPenney would waive at least one of the fees if not both as a gesture of good faith and good will. Instead I got a protracted correspondence with a variety of different people over the course of many days, each of whom either ignored or overlooked the problem or even outright refuted me.

The needless negativity this generated has left me extremely disappointed and seriously marred what affection I held for one of the few staples of my childhood that has somehow managed to survive into the internet age, particularly in light of how ill-equipped and inconsiderate they apparently are in how they conduct business online.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

They made a billing error on my account statement and refused to correct it, although I had receipts to back my claim. I purchased an overpriced set of sheets that started to form beads after only one wash in the laundry. I Now understand why many stores are closing for good. Poor customer service and poor products are a bad combination.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I made a purchase with JCPenney two days ago which was Christmas. Within minutes of making the purchase I had changed my mind and wanted to cancel. Of course no link to cancel. Research the website and it said you have 30 minutes to cancel your order and the only way to cancel is to call. I called to find out the company is closed. How convenient that they only allow 30 minutes to cancel and they are closed. Next day I called and called and no one answered. Next step I send an email, again within the 30 minutes timeline. Attached to the email was a copy of the receipt. Next day I continue to call and never was able to get a hold of anyone.

Now it's two days later and I finally get a response from my email which claims they cannot open my attached due to security!! They now request my name, address, phone number and order number. All of this information they already have. Next I called again and went to a different dept and was able to talk to a girl name Andredn. She didn't seem to understand the problem which I had to keep repeating. All she could do was forward an email that I was dissatisfied.

Asked for manager, talked to Keyonna, more of the same couldn't help because it has been over the 30 minutes. She keep yelling at me that when I placed the order it was Christmas and she was allowed to spend time with her family and she wouldn't let me talk as she was ranting on about her family. I tried to tell her that was my point since no one was there I should be allotted more time to cancel since they were close. She hang up on me. Next spoke to Amber in the corp office and she said it had already shipping but she be willing to send me shipping label which will cost me $8. It is a nightmare dealing with JCPenney. I will be spending a letter to their CEO Marc Rosen.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I placed an order and the order never came. They asked me to get a police report and after contacting my local department they would not issue a report because I had no proof of criminal activity. I reached out to inform JCP about this issue and they still would not return my funds. They are thieves and have terrible service. Please spare yourself and don’t use this company. They will take your money and don’t guarantee your delivery or refund. They never even offered me store credit. Thief is the only word I can use to explain this business.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Ordered (2) sheets sets.. (1) arrived stained/dirty/used. I offered to send a photo of damage for a replacement.. CS refused to replace, did not want the photos, and refused to schedule a pickup for the return when I advised I have no transportation to get to the nearest store.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I made a purchase to be send before Christmas. The shipping address was wrong. They shipped within 24 hrs of me placing the order. They told me the store has no way of changing the shipping address once shipped to call UPS to make the change. I spoke the 5 reps after waiting on hold 40+ minutes... only for UPS to tell me I cannot make the change, the store has to make the change to the shipping address... so basically the order should be sent to who knows where because JCPenney nor UPS can make a change to shipping address once the order is shipped. Yes this store has good deals but the worst customer service and shipping policy. Oh the 4th rep I spoke with said he was going to help to change the shipping address... put me on hold. Connected me to UPS then disappeared off the call.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Went into the Eastwood Mall location on Saturday 12/11/21. The cashier couldn’t even say hello. Did not speak to us at all except to tell me my total. I said thank you when getting my bad and nothing. Sorry but it does not take much be a decent person.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Placed an order online. It stated if ordered in the next 2 hours, ordered would be delivered Friday (2 days). Then they cut my order into 3 orders. One pair of jeans was expected to be picked up in Tempe AZ, 2 1/2 hours away. It took over 2 hours on the phone to get that part of the order cancelled. 3 shirts were delivered within a reasonable time, but the other pair of jeans, 2 pjs sets, and another shirt never arrived. 19 days later and several more calls to JC customer service, the shipper, JC customer service again and chats online, a credit was issued. Now after almost 3 weeks I have to run around and try to replace my grandson's xmas presents. To add insult to injury, we celebrate xmas early with out of town family and don't have a lot of shops close by so I have to scramble to find replacements items. Not happy at all!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I made an order and 3 of the 4 items were incorrect, and the order number was incorrect. I called to see if I could get it taken care of was told by the first supervisor my package wasn't delivered and I needed to wait a few days. I had the package in my hand, and she insisted I got someone else package. I had the packing slip, and the tracking number on the box and she told me I was wrong. I asked to speak to another supervisor and was told I had to return the wrong items to the store and get a refund and if the items I ordered weren't on sale still or were not in stock, I was out of luck. I explained I live with my disabled mom and was told I could pay $8.00 for a return label that I could have credited back... WHAT? It was their error. I have never been treated so poorly by a company and will not be shopping at Jc Penney anymore. :(

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

They use laser ship for delivery for online orders they have a 1 star on google didn’t think that was possible. Long story short they never delivered my package. When I called they told me to wait a few days which I did then called. They said I had to call the police and email them the report and they would call me in 5 business days. And after all that they said if it was longer than 14 days since the order date that they might not be able to do anything. WTF. First off if I called the police. I would call it on them for taking my money and not giving me what I paid for. Never seen a company want you to do their job when they don’t get you what you paid for. SMH. Go elsewhere. I have more important things to do the waste any more time on 65$ jeans. I just called my bank and said I didn’t make the purchase and they canceled the transaction 'cause It was pending. So boom problem solved.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Hi, I have purchased Samsonite laptop bag (1st Order#: **) online and after 1-2 days it says item is no longer available and it's auto cancelled. I called customer care and I was told to order again with full payment as the product is available (strange product was cancelled stating no stock but online store immediately shows it's available to order). I again placed order (2nd Order#**), after 2 days again product is auto cancelled, stating product is not available. 'What The Hell' is wrong with JCPenney. This is the worst experience with them. If the product is not available why the heck agent says to order again and why the heck online ordering allowing me to order, very much disappointed :( :( :( .

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

God awful customer service from the call center. I placed an order on 11/24/2021 and made sure my billing and shipping info was correct, in fact my account settings even list my current address. I however also had an old address from over 10 years ago on my account. That is where the order was sent to. Granted it was sent in 2 days, which was great. But there was no attempt from the customer service rep to assist me, she cold/blind transferred me to Rosalyn, a senior member rep, who disconnected the call when I replied "yes" when she asked if there was anything else that she can help me with. This was after a 50 minute call, half of which I was on hold without the rep checking back in on me. They would not offer to reship my order to my current address, and wanted me to track it down with ups as it was already delivered.

Additionally they said the order would be retrieved by UPS and then sent to the warehouse and I would be refunded in a week and a half to two weeks. I do the exact same job as Rosalyn does, but for a different company and there is no way we would have kept a customer on hold that long, nor would we have disconnected the call, and if it did disconnect we would attempt to call the member back, and in conclusion we would reship the order to the member. I am shocked and appalled that JC Penney would treat customers in such a manner and that their reps would be so poorly trained.

JCPenney Company Information