Forever 21

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My family purchased over $500 worth of clothing for the summer. We were lead to believe that we could exchange and or return the clothing if it did not fit. That was not the case. When we attempted to return ONE article of clothing we were told we needed to return it in the mail but that we were past their postmark date so we were stuck. WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Guys never order from Forever 21 online site unless you are sure of your size and outfit. They do not refund the money easily. One of the bodysuits didn't fit me so I raised a request to refund my money. It's almost a month. I didn't get my money back plus the customer care representatives talk like robots. They do not understand our issue and repeat same lines again and again. Now, they need 3-4 working days more. Let's see when will it get refunded to my account.

Recently I made a purchase for about $50 from Forever21 online using a Visa gift card I had received for my birthday. The purchase went through fine and I received a confirmation number, however after several days passed without shipping notification I logged into the site to see what was going on. What was going on was that they had cancelled my order and never notified me. I called customer service to see what the issue was and was told "Your order was cancelled because we couldn't verify an address on the credit card you used."

I tried in several different ways to explain that the "credit card" was a Visa GIFT CARD and as such does not have an address to verify. The only response I got from customer service (and I'm obviously using that term loosely) was to "contact my financial institution if there is a problem." What? That makes absolutely zero sense seeing as how my "financial institution" does not deal in gift cards. In any event, they were no help, and I'm out the $50 since I tossed the card in the trash after making the purchase.

I never and I mean hardly ever write a review but Forever21.com has DISGUSTED me. I placed an order on 5/31 on Forever21.com. The order was suppose to arrive no LATER than 6/7/17. The order tracking was never updated it only said shipping label created. By the 8th I called Forever 21 and asked what's going on with my package. They had no idea and said they could not reship my stuff issue a refund. Do you know that I paid by a debit card and they have not issued my refund still and it is 6/16. They stated they would issue it in 1-2 billing cycles. THIS MAKES NO SENSE when a refund should be reversed in 3-5 business days. So now I'm out of $70 no product from them and they just want me to wait for my money. NEVER EVER SHOPPING their store again. Makes matters worse their customer service rep argued with me tried not to let me talk to a supervisor and of course everyone was in India. Worse experience shopping online EVER.

Very poor customer service. They could care less about the customer. When you call, you get a call center in somewhere like Korea, China, India... They will not do right by the customer. I paid for overnight shipping, they canceled my order because I have a different shipping address than my billing address (it was a gift), then reinstated the order 10 minutes after their next day deadline but refused to give me any compensation for the next day delivery failure. Now I've discovered that 2 items were missing and one item sent was the wrong item (got a tank top instead of a dress). I have made several time wasting calls and sent multiple emails. Their solution for their mistakes is for me to take the time to fill out some type of affidavit, send it to them, and they will at some point issue a refund, but they won't refund the overnight shipping charge.

If I want to re-order the items they failed to ship, I have to do another order and pay for overnight shipping again. What a ripoff!! I repeatedly told them that I don't want a refund, I just want the items I ordered. They refuse. I asked for credit on the shipping, they refused. I asked for them to give me free overnight shipping on the re-orders, they refused. Terrible company to do business with!!! They decided to completely ignore my concerns and refused to communicate for the past 7 days-of course they still have my money and I don't have what I ordered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

We order over $180 dollar worth of items. We never received our stuff. Forever 21 is not helping at all and they are bouncing us back to FedEx which supposedly delivered our stuff on THE front door of a main street. I live on the second floor of this apartment. There's no office on the building. I am very upset. This service is terrible. I just want my stuff before the 20th of June for my kid's graduation. They keep telling me call back 10 day over and over again, and it's been almost two months. They keep saying our money and our stuff is denied.

I placed an order online on 5/24 to be shipped to store. I been checking the status for the past couple of days (no change) only to find out when I called the store today 6/7 that the item was already in the store for a couple of days. No email that the item was already in the store, no status change on my account, no reply to my multiple inquiries. Horrible customer service. They do not care. This is the worst experience that I even had. Will never shop or order from Forever 21.

My order never came and when I emailed customer service they said it shipped. When it didn't arrive I called and they said they never even received it so they lied to me telling me it shipped when it never did. Customer service didn't try to find my order. They just offered me a refund which I would rather just receive my items but they said they can't. They didn't offer me compensation and when I asked they only offered me a 10% coupon which doesn't help because I can find one online anytime. Unacceptable.

On June 4, 2017, I went to the Forever21 store at the Altamonte Mall to do an online return. The items that I was returning was a denim mini skirt and a striped midi dress. I love shopping at Forever21 and would love to continue to shop there. However, I am not so sure I will anymore. The cashier that I had the pleasure of having was an ** female. She had the worst attitude I ever came across. First she gave the wrong refund amount and after informing her of her mistake. She said she didn't care and did nothing to fix the issue. I was short $2.07 and decided to let it go since she did not care. Next, she threw my invoice sheet at me instead of handing it to me properly. Lastly, She looked pissed off and angry at the world. I don't think customer service is for her. she needs to find a new job. Her name is not on the receipt, but she was at register 2 and her cashier # was **.

As soon as I walked in the store the employees followed me around as if I would steal something. Not once greeted me nor approached me to ask if I needed help finding anything. By far the worst experience I've ever had!

Went today looking for a specific item, saw it on the display but couldn't find it anywhere in the store. Even though I looked everywhere in the store for about 20 mins. The store is always disorganized and messy, worse than shopping in a thrift store. I tried to find a store employee which there were none. Finally found them all hiding in the back of the store. They were rude and unwilling to help, asked if I could buy the item off the display since I couldn't find in the store, but was told they couldn't sell it. Never heard of this before. I've bought items off of display before. When asked why not I got a young fellow smirking and laughing instead of helping. One of them finally told me she would check the front but I saw her walking around and she never came back. I just left. I will never shop in store again. I'll take my chances online.

I placed an order on Forever21.com and when checking out there was a website glitch. They had my shipping address getting sent to my billing address. This causes tax issues and I was charged money on a tax-exempt shipping address. When I called customer service to switch my shipping address I told them to credit me back my tax. They said that is a different department and couldn't even tell me a number to call or transfer me. I asked her can you just cancel my order and replace it as the shipping address. She said that was also a different department and was not helpful. She then changed her story and said I couldn't even replace my order with my discount I received thru email because it was a one-time promotional use. I completely understood that, but since there was a website glitch and I was placing the same exact order they should of done a common courtesy and applied a new discount.

The woman I spoke to, named Jyll, proceeded to tell me in all the History that Forever 21 has been in business, they never applied a discount on any order for a customer. I find that hard to believe since I work in a corporate luxury retail chain. After, this rude response from her and nothing getting resolved, I asked to speak with a supervisor. Jyll's response to me was that NOT ONE supervisor was working that day. At 12:30 pm in California, I find that extremely hard to believe that every supervisor was off. What huge corporate business runs a customer service with no supervisors working? She lied to me! When I asked her calmly for the second time for a supervisor, her story changed and she claimed every single supervisor was out for lunch. So I basically caught her in multiple lies and all she did was cause me grief and aggravation. No one has gotten back to me since. This is no way to run a business and I will never shop here again.

I ordered a dress from Forever 21 online. When it arrived I tried it on and the seam across the front of the dress was unraveling with threads hanging loose. I was disappointed and immediately took the dress off, put it back in the package, and filled out the return sheet making sure to write out the issue with the dress seam. I mailed it back the next day.

I finally get an email from Forever 21 saying that they will not accept the return because the dress was worn, damaged, and did not have tags on it. Other than trying the dress on it was not "worn" and I certainly did not take the tags off. THAT WAS COMPLETELY FALSE!!! The dress was damaged when I received it which is why it was immediately returned to them damaged (which I wrote out very clearly on the return slip).

I took the long time needed to sit on hold to speak to a representative who informed me that "they do not send out damaged items" and that they needed my credit card info so they could charge me to send the damaged dress back to me for the second time. Really??? They were 100% in the wrong and there was nothing at all I could do about it. I tried to explain that I never wore it, I never took the tags off, and it arrived at my house damaged and the representative told me that I was wrong and asked how I'd like to pay for having the dress sent back to me.

In the return policy it states what to do if you receive damaged products from them so they must know that it does happen from time to time. I didn't wear this item, I didn't take the tags off this item... THE DAY AFTER RECEIVING IT I mailed it back to them and they refused the return and was told there is nothing they could do for me. BE VERY CAREFUL SHOPPING WITH THIS COMPANY!!! YOU ARE ROLLING THE DICE WITH YOUR MONEY.

In my 37 years I have never encountered such incompetence and complete disregard for my feelings. Is this not what customer relations is about? I have literally spent thousands of dollars at Forever 21. I have been trying for a week to order a jean jacket online with my Forever 21 card and it will not go through. I have been to three stores to see if the jacket is in store and have told workers about my situation and they just apologize and say, "oh that sucks."

When I have called customer service they immediately say they can't deal with that issue and they transfer me to a credit card services. The credit card services say that they don't see any order online so they can't help me. I have called back to customer service four times this last week and every time I get a different person and every time they say, "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do." Not one has attempt to even ask my card number to see if they can plug it in. Not one has attempt to even resolve the problem. They just immediately say, "sorry maybe you should use a different card." If I could use a different card I would have used a different card. I have also emailed and literally got the FAQ copied and pasted to my email. Just atrocious service.

I ordered an e-gift card on March 16th, and it was never sent. I contacted them with online chat on March 30th and they said they would resend. We confirmed the email address was correct. It was still not received. After multiple chats and phone calls I was told a supervisor would call me back and give me the gift card details over the phone. No calls received. When I called back after 3 days they said they'd email me the gift card details. Now 2 days after that, nothing received.

Online I recently found a sheer mesh top from Forever 21 that I have been searching for! I visited the Hulen Location and spent about 30-40 minutes searching for one specific top. After searching for someone to help me I finally found someone who was very unexcited to help me. She looked briefly and gave up. I got the impression that she did not have time to help me find something similar or maybe check the other locations for this specific item. I asked the front to check for me, they did and informed me that the Arlington location had a few more sizes left!

So I headed over to Arlington which is a 20 minute drive for me. Normally I totally do not mind traveling to locations in order to save money on shipping. However, I got to the store and was overwhelmed by the completely unorganized and messy handling of the product. This store is not small and there were products everywhere. I had no idea where I would even start to find the one shirt I was hoping to find. So I knew I was going to need some help. I spent literally 10-15 minutes actively searching the store for an employee who might be able to direct me.

I finally came across someone I thought might work there (I was unsure because the employees all look like shoppers- nothing to distinguish them as employees). The only reason I knew she worked there was because I saw a key around her wrist. She took me to where they were supposed to be, but again there was no organization, so the employee did not even know where they could be. This employee also seemed too busy to help me any further. I was completely frustrated by the lack of organization. Clothes all over the floors off their hangers. Clothes thrown over the racks covering other items. I was not going to rummage through hundreds of racks in hopes of finding this shirt or something similar. My experience reminded me of a thrift store messy, Lack of organization, and unenthusiastic employees.

Great Service At Forever21. When I order the joggers on a Friday they had told me that they were going to arrive after 6 days of work meaning two weeks after I order it. But my order actually came in on Wednesday and I was surprise and happy that my order came in early.

Long time customer here. I sent back a number of items in December and one of them you claim to have not received. Your customer service was abhorrent and delayed weeks at a time, claiming I just needed to wait for someone in the warehouse to update me. This started back in December and now it is March. I was incredibly patient and in each email I demanded the refund I was owed. In your last email to me you told me "Let me assist you today. Please be advised that the package has arrived the store on 3/2/2017. You may verify this with them. Kindly contact the store as you will have 10 calendar days to pick up the item from the day that the store received your package. Thank you for shopping with us! Have a good day!"

HOW CAN THE PACKAGE WE RECEIVED AT A STORE TO PICK UP?? I ordered it online, I returned it along with other items within the return window. You need to refund me. This is so incredibly incompetent and unprofessional. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and discourage others from shopping with you. I deserve a response to this publicly and quickly.

I returned two separate orders to Forever 21's returns department in January. However, they are only able to confirm that ONLY one package was received and ONLY one of three pieces of clothing was received. I've called numerous times and have been told by customer service the same excuse each call... that they will send out an email to receiving department and wait for a response. I've also been told that I will receive a call back from a "lead" yet, here we are two months later and still no resolution. Needless to say I'm paying for merchandise that I do not have in my possession because all the items were charged on my Forever 21 credit card when I initially placed the online order. I will NEVER shop Forever 21 again, worst experience ever!!! Consumers beware!!

I ordered a dress online on Feb 20, 2017 shipping date stated March 1. March 1st came around and tracking showed my packaged was delivered. I went home that day to see NO PACKAGE. I reviewed the cameras to my house to see no truck EVER delivered. I called customer service and was told to fill out a Affidavit Claim form for further investigation and that they would send it to me by email. After 1hr from talking to a representative I never received that email and had to call back again just to get a email sent to me. So upset that now I have to find me a dress, wait for this investigation to even get completed and upset that FOREVER 21 can't even deliver a item but let alone send me a email without me being on top of them. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE ANYTHING ONLINE FROM FOREVER 21 AGAIN!

So they lost my order: I kept waiting for a month, and they TELL me it's lost, though all the information I have is it is in transit. Yet they make me sign affidavits saying it is lost. And wait minimum 5 days to get my refund. Who are these people, where do they live and what kind of business do they run? If they are so concerned you are stealing their money they should try shipping in a more secure way. STAY AWAY.

So I placed an order on forever21.com and I had it shipped to the store to save on shipping costs. Well, I waited and waited and waited and all that it said under my shipping status was that it shipped. I got no email, nothing confirming that it arrived at the store. I've called customer service several times to try to get them to help and every time I get the runaround but no direct answer. It's been almost a month now and I have not received my package!!!! This last time I called, the stupid machine says they're closed and hung up on me.

I have no idea where my order is (that supposedly shipped) but it couldn't have because the store I had it shipped to isn't that far from their warehouse. I should have received this item in one week tops!!! The phone service is horrible, they tell me I can do an online chat yet I find nothing that allows me to do an online chat. I'm so upset right now at how horrible customer service is considering this is a major department store now. Needless to say I will keep calling and harassing them until I get my item or a refund. But it just amazes me that they don't care and that nobody is bothering to try to find out what happened to my item.

So I ordered 2 items during one of their sale days online. I got a confirmation email saying my money was processed whatever and they gave me an order number. A few days later I hadn't gotten an email saying it was shipped or what was going on with the order so I decided to track my order with the order number I was given. At first it says my number is invalid then it shows me my order (the 2 items) but no information on shipment or anything. I then proceed to call Forever 21. The first time I am hung up on. Fine, I guess that happens, I still don't like it but fine maybe it got disconnected.

I call back and wait again. Now the lady is telling me their system is down. FINE. She says "go to the online chat button on the home page of our website"... I check, it's not there. Does it exist? Who knows. In the meantime I try to use the automated phone line to check my order status. It asks for my order number. I type it in and it doesn't work. I've also tried emailing Forever 21 about 5 times over the last week about this issue and I have no received not one response, not even a "thanks for your email we'll get back to you". I'm starting to think my order doesn't exist and my money is gone.

I placed an order on 14-Jan-2017 to my home address and received shipping confirmation on 17-Jan-2017. I work away so this would arrive home before I got back and signed for my someone that is home. I arrived home on 03-Feb-2017 and had email notification that it was delivered on 24-Jan-2017 however it wasn't there when I got home.

I emailed Forever 21 customer service on 11-Feb-2017 after I returned to work as I'd hoped it would arrive while I was home and they came back and said, "Thank you for reaching out to us! Let me assist you today. We are sorry to hear that your package has not arrived yet. Please provide us your complete shipping address where you are expecting the package to arrive and if you do have an available US phone number. Thank you so much for your cooperation, we will need that information so that we can provide a much appropriate resolution from our end. Have a wonderful day!" My shipping address is in Australia so I provided this but was unable to provide a US phone number as I do not live there.

Their next response was "Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We will be glad to help you! As I checked your order **, your order was delivered to you on 01/13/2017 and it was signed by you on that date. You may check this tracking number ** via www.dhl.com. If you have not received this package please contact DHL and provide this tracking number. Please provide us any information you can get from our carrier. We are looking forward in resolving this for you." Firstly, to have received the order the day BEFORE I placed the order is impossible and so is signing for it. Secondly, it is their responsibility to locate my order and to contact DHL themselves.

I had responded again and advised that I can't have signed for it as I myself was not at home. Their response was "Thank you so much for taking time in responding to our email! Regrettably, we are unable to contact DHL for you. You need to contact them and asked where is your package since that is how they tagged it online. We hope you can get positive response from them. Have a great day!" I replied stating that I purchased the items from Forever 21 and it is THEIR responsibility to track it down. In an effort to resolve the issue, I contacted DHL myself on 16-Feb-2017 and explained the situation and was advised on 17-Feb-2017 that someone had signed for my order (who's signature that looks like a J does not belong to anyone who lives at home) and they said "AS you are their customer, you should be able to claim with them (Forever 21) for reimbursement or replacement."

On 17-Feb-2017 I copied the email I received from DHL and sent it to Forever 21 and got ignored. On 20-Feb-2017 I sent another follow up email and advised of their appalling customer service. On 21-Feb-2017 I got a response "Thank you so much for taking time in responding to our email! We are sorry for the delayed response. As previously mentioned, we are unable to contact DHL on your behalf. You need to contact them and ask where is your package since that is how they tagged it online. We hope you can get positive response from them. Have a great day!". They obviously did not read the previous email as I had sent DHL's response to them. I replied and told them that if they had read my previous email they would see DHL's response.

Today 23-Feb-2017 they sent an email saying "Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We received your email in regards to your lost package for your Order Number **. Regrettably it is already past the allotted 30 days from ship date of 01/14/2017, we are no longer able to proceed with the Lost Package process. Please note, you have the option to follow up with the shipping carrier to see what other options may be available to you for resolution. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

I was outraged that they spent all this time not assisting with me and instead wasting time, then to tell me that now it was past 30 days they were unable to proceed with the Lost Package process. I gave them a call and voiced my concern and disappointment in the company and after being put on hold a few times, they said they could start the Lost Package process and that I have to wait another 10 business days then they will start the refund process if unsuccessful in locating it. Overall, they have taken my money and have been absolutely unhelpful in trying to assist me in receiving my order and refuse to refund my money. Instead they are now going to contact DHL themselves (which is something they should have done in the first place) and make me wait even longer.

I ordered a jacket for my son online. We tried to return it to the store within 30 days and found that we couldn't because it was ordered via PayPal. I had to leave out of the country right after that so no time to ship it. Found I was one week past shipment due date by the time I returned so called customer service to see if they would waive that due to extenuating circumstances. They will not allow for any reasons which is ridiculous and very poor customer service. From the reviews I've read, I would highly advise NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM FOREVER 21 ONLINE!!

Ordered vet 300.00 of clothing early Jan. Never got email, phone call, or clothing. Called Feb. 17. Was told my order was cancelled a month ago because I selected the "Shipping different than Billing" selection provided by them at check out. They gave the option but then did not honor it. AND NEVER CORRESPONDED. And the two people I spoke with speak very little, broken English so it was very hard to understand them. Will never do my 300.00-500.00 orders from them again.

Where do I start. First I ordered my daughter an outfit for a concert she is going to. The outfit was supposed to arrive 2/9/2017, the day before the concert (cool that's perfect right). Well, Thursday evening I receive an email from USPS stating that my package delivery date was pushed back to Saturday 2/11/2017 (that sucks, because the concert is Friday 2/9/2017). So, after I receive the email Thursday my daughter starts freaking out. So, I take her into the store to buy a new outfit, because the concert is the next day (not too bad). The next day (today Friday 2/10/2016) the outfit was delivered even though they said it wouldn't come until the next day (no big deal I will just take the outfit back, and get my money back).

I go into the store (the store has 8 registers, but only 2 open) there are about 12-15 customers in line, keep in mind they have about 6 other associates in the store standing around doing nothing. I couldn't figure out why the lines were moving so slow until I got further up in the line with like 5 people in front of me. I see the cashiers writing things down on paper, and using calculators. So, finally when I get to the cashier, I explain to her that I have a return that I bought last night with cash, and I have my receipt. She tells me "our systems are down, so we cannot process any returns". And also, they are not taking any cash only cards. She said that they are using paper and calculators to write down and add people's purchases. They cannot print or give out receipts. Yes people you've heard me right they are using paper and calculators to add up people's orders, because their system is down.

This is the most craziest thing I have ever seen or heard in my life. I don't know who owns F21 or who is responsible for the decision making, but this is terrible business. I was so appalled that they are so greedy for money, that they would have their cashiers use paper and calculators to add up purchases, and not be able to give customers receipts. Why not just close for the day, until you can get your systems back up. Also, let the customers in line know what is going on, don't wait until a customer has stood in line for 25 mins (yes I said 25 mins). To tell them it's nothing you can do for them. I am so done with Forever 21. I have seen so much foolishness in my life, but this right here is a level of foolishness that I never intend on dealing with again. Shame on you F21. So so so not cool, not cool at all.

I ordered something on Forever 21 on Jan 1 of 2017 and they lost my ordered or gave it to someone else. They sent me a form that I had to fill by hand and scan it and send it. After that I had to wait for 10 business days. After waiting I didn't received an email or notification. Nothing. I try to contact them via email after 3 emails. They responded me that I had to give them more time than expected. After that I contacted via live chat and they also stated the same. This is the worst customer service that I've seen.

Forever 21 has THE WORST ship to store online order process. I ordered some items on Jan. 8 and decided to opt for your ship to store option thinking that I would receive my packages way faster than if I shipped it to my home. I thought, maybe they already have some of these items in store and only have to set them aside for me OR they ship faster to the store. My order left Forever 21 on Jan 12. I like to check order status, as anyone does, so I go to my order email from you and click check order status button, which basically sends me to no man's land on your web site.

Apparently, during one of the MANY conversations I have had with your on-site staff as well as customer service phone calls, I am notified that my order does not actually become an ORDER whose information is reflected on your site until it actually reaches its store destination. So why do I have the option to check status at this point when it provides me with no link to my order. Then I am told that for any ship to home order, Fedex or UPS is happily used so that my order could be tracked BUT any loyal customer who ships to store has their order shipped by Forever 21 mail. Whatever that means. I asked what that meant. Is that regular mail because I have sent plenty of things through the regular mail and people have received it in way less time than all the time I have been waiting for my shipment.

So now, Jan 25, I talked yet again to customer service. By the way, Via was very nice and well trained. She notified me that my package was said to be delivered on Jan. 23 but there has been no notification of said package being delivered. I checked back on Feb 1 and they said yet again that they don't know where my package is, there is "no way to track it" based on the shipping method they use, whatever that is, even though it was shipped out on Jan. 12. I asked if they could send the same items directly to my home, talk to someone else about this. "They are not allowed to" they said. I asked if they could find out where the package is, and they don't know. THE WORST company and I won't shop here again.

This was by far the worst customer service experience ever. I never got my order and I did not receive from F21 the exact address my items was shipped. The original carrier was UPS then they handed over the package to USPS who did not state the address the items was dropped off, only the state... I called them and they required me to download the return policy, fill it out (total waste of paper) and email it back to them. I only stated the billing address because the billing address and shipping address was the same. I never got back my money. I never got USPS to get on the phone to verify where the package was actually delivered to.

Forever 21 Company Profile