1.05/5
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

646 Forever 21 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

BEWARE! I just had the worst experience with Forever 21. I'm a frequent buyer at this store, in-store and via online. Last Friday I received an email regarding a discount on all purchases including free ship, so I pick a few items. I was supposed to get a 40% off my purchase but the system was not working right so I contacted an employee via chat and told me that I should wait through Monday to talk to someone of customer service because she wasn't capable of assist me.

So I've been holding my purchase since Friday to talk to someone that could help me with to place my order with the discount offer, woke up at 7:50 am to speak with an associate first thing on Monday morning to hear that I lost the offer because today is Monday and offers can't be extended. I explained the situation and even said that I had an screenshot of my conversation about my inconvenient when trying to place the order during weekend but none of that mattered because they did not care. Today I'll unsubscribe because I not going to be treated like this and getting tricked by listening to fake promises, making you wait so you end up losing the "promo" and end up paying full price on everything! If I were able to rate the treatment I just received I'd rate 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Long time customer - I’ve used shipping and bought in store for many years. I had one package ($138) that I did not receive whether it was lost or stolen. They will have you fill out a ‘claim’ but will give run-around for weeks. They will do nothing.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Ordered a jacket and a skirt along with a few other things. Problem with the jacket was it fit extremely small even compared to the info on the model in the photo was wearing a smaller size than I ordered and is taller than me. Problem with the Skirt is it had loose buttons and a stain on the front you could see through the package it came in. These items were final sale. I’m sure because they were defective. Sneaky scammers. Anyway, I contacted a chat representative and got one named Mary **. She stated I could return the items through mail. NOT IN STORE BECAUSE OF THEM BEING FINAL SALE. She said she even got an exemption for the jacket. But first I would have to send photos of the items and include the attached tag to get approved for a prepaid shipping label. I screenshotted this whole convo.

I sent one and some dude named James replied two days later saying the items ARE actually damaged and I’m eligible for a refund on my card. I printed out the tag and shipped the items. A week later it arrived at the warehouse and I immediately call them and they say they’re still processing it and looking at the clothes to confirm the damage. Yet I had sent photos already. Ok. Anyway three days later I get an email saying they can’t give me a refund because they are final sale items and will have to either charge my card to ship the items back to me or keep the items themselves. That is not what I was told! I would rather you tell me I'm not eligible for a return at all rather than have me waste my time shipping back to you only for you to change your mind! I was livid!

I emailed them screenshots of Mary Joe and they sent me a whole copy and paste of the return policy as if I didn’t already know it. Issue is saying I can return final sale items and ignore the return policy in this case, and then say I can’t get my refund anymore ONCE YOU HAVE MY CLOTHES. Getting hold of them on the phone was impossible. I got on the website live chat again. Some dude named Norman said they can offer me a “one time courtesy” since I’m a VIP customer and refund the items to my card in “one billing cycle once it has been posted”. Whatever that means. One day? No clue. But best believe I screenshotted that chat as well.

If I don’t get my money back by next week, we will have a problem and will file a dispute with my bank. They are never getting a single cent from me again. Online OR in store. Funny thing is when I tried writing a review on the items more than once, the reviews never went through. But others did even if it was a low review. They are very sneaky on what they approve during sales ON final sale items. Be careful with these thieves.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Ordered 3 items (pants) online. 2 in X-Large and one in Large and paid using Paypal. The items arrived in a timely manner. The Large item fit, where the 2, X-Large items were too small. Clearly something wrong, and needed to be returned. I went to Forever 21's website to get specifics on return process where I learned that Paypal items returned to the store would NOT be refunded but a store credit would be issued. As this information was not visible (nor acceptable), I would've used another method thus eliminating any hinderances.

Since the items now have to be returned by mail, I learned that I must absorb the return shipping fees, which considering the circumstances I believed should be Forever 21's responsibility as their items run smaller than advertised. Unfortunately, Forever 21 disagreed even though they know their product but refuse to take the responsibility and pass that burden onto the customer. To shop at Forever 21 is not a deal but a gamble that will cost you more money.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My order took more than 9 days to arrive. I called FedEx and they told me that the service is for 2 weeks. I don't understand why the ** in the page says that, "Your order is arriving in 7 days." I wouldn't be so mad if I didn't have a flight scheduled before the package arrives. I delayed my departure and my time it's not their time!!! Don't promise 7 days if you are giving a 2 week shipping!!! I called customer service and they didn't have an answer. Also they were rude!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

This is the worst company and I will NEVER shop with them again. I placed a $145 order, I never received it. Contacted customer service 1000x and explained and they refused to refund me. They kept saying my shipping address was wrong when it wasn’t! They completely lied, they just didn’t want to refund me. I kept requesting a supervisor and they never got on the phone. Forever 21 don’t care about their customers. They will steal your money when you don’t get your package. They don’t care. They tell you to contact the carrier. Horrible company and they need to be sued!

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered $150 worth of clothes (2 dresses, 1 romper) But never receive my package. I called customer service three times and same response each time telling me they need more time and that the issue is still under investigation. By the 4th time, I was informed that Forever 21 take no blame on this matter and that I needed to contact FedEx to see why my package was not received. Very pathetic, will never shop with them again!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Confirmed all item were ship comparable to United States as well as Australian rules and regulation. I shipped it with USPS and I received and I followed all shipping laws and regulations. This is the reference {**} which I shipped 2 months ago and I have not gotten my money. I sent all documentation to you. I really need this case to close so I can get my money. This is not fair because the customer got the all the products now, I am out of my money. This has been the 10th times. Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Made my first purchase at Forever 21 online in March 2018 and shipping was supposedly lost in Shanghai. Goods never arrived and got initial apology email proposing refund. However 20 or so emails following up since and no responses and no refund. A terrible experience and this site has no interest supporting customers when things go wrong. I would not use this site ever again as it is a scam. The initial apology and refund emails are just a scam to defer any action. Please do not buy anything online from Forever 21. Horrible experience.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I shop at return often, a couple times a month spending at least 100$ each time. I usually return items I don't like at their store near me but sometimes they have "web exclusives" that must be returned by mail. I ordered 2 of these "web exclusives" and didn't like them so I sent them back. I'm always wary of "cheap" stores like Forever 21 when doing returns so I keep a copy of my tracking # and receipt, as well as a picture of the items in my shipping box, and a picture of the box with the tracking label on it... So, I did that with this order and it got delivered to their warehouse, and they processed my refund. BUT, they only gave me a refund for 1 of the items, claiming they didn't get the second item (a pair of shoes/heels). I contacted customer service letting them know there was a mistake and they said they'd have to check in with the warehouse and get back to be in 24-48 hours. This already annoyed me...

Then 3 days goes by, still no update or email or any info from Forever 21 about the refund. So I contact customer service again, then they tell me to wait another 2 days. I told them about the proof I had about returning both items and they had no interest in seeing them and disregarded that... Another 2 days goes by and they still have no update! Ridiculous.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Wow!!! What a disgusting, unfair, and low return policy for a damaged item which I purchased at regular price!!! After making a $105.00 purchase at this store, I realized that the most expensive item, full of ruffles and intricate designs, was defective. Just went to the store and made the naive and honest decision of letting the cashier know that I was returning the item, which she was ready to exchange, because it was defective. She stayed quiet... and waited for me to show her the damaged spot. I had a hard time finding it... because it was definitively not visible!

Once I showed her the spot she notified me that "damaged items could not be returned." Well... this is unfair and unheard of in any other similar, but even higher quality, department store (e.g., H & M, Old Navy, Gap). I notified her that I would write this review upon charging out of the store, will never buy another item from any Forever 21, and will contest the charge with my credit card company. However the only thing I lied about... will simply stay quiet, return it at another branch, but certainly, will also definitively stop purchasing anything else from them until they come to their senses and change such a low, unfair and sneaky practice!

Original review: July 13, 2018

They have an extremely vague return policy & they’re also unaccommodating while being 100% equipped with the knowledge of the grey areas they have around their policies. Will not shop with this low-budgeted, & out jobbed company going forward.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The outsourcing is comical. They understand nothing. Are rude, no supervisors and have no concept of fair business or false advertisement. If you order an item and it goes 50% off within the hour, they do not price adjust. No tracking information. The American consumer is treated like crap!!! Avoid this place! I wish our consumer dept. would take action after the large amount of complaints.

Original review: June 28, 2018

They take up to 3 weeks to issue a refund. I hate that every time I have to pay postage fees (from 8 to 10 bucks) and then I do not hear from F21 again. I never receive an email saying that I will receive a refund or anything, never. Other stores process returns extremely fast and issue credit or refund within 2-3 days from day of receipt. With F21, I wait for weeks and then have to call and wait on hold forever and keep my tracking info and bla bla bla, then the agent repeats some vague policy. Then I hang up and receive the refund (at best)...so I had to call to get my refund? They forgot?

I got tired of that. But it got worse. I returned recently some defective boots and it took a month for me to get my refund even though I called F21 and they told me I'll get it. 2 more weeks passed to receive it. This has been happening for the past 2 years and I'm foolish to keep ordering from them. I had enough and filed a dispute with my bank twice to get my refund including tracking info and all and then F21 banned my account from ordering. LOL. Well better give my money back on time fellas. I've spent a fortune on this store. Very bad attitude towards loyal customers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The worst experience with online order! I love Forever 21 and I’ve always shopped in stores with no problems. I used to order online years ago as well. Recently I’ve purchased dresses from the website. Kept checking the status of the order which was “pending” for days!!! I decided to call and find out why. So the reason I was told is that something is happening in the warehouse and that they will submit the claim and will send an email update to me. Right!!! Waited 2 days... still no changes. Just “pending”. Called again... same crap. 12 days later I get an email saying my order was canceled!!! Wtf?! So I call again and this time they blamed it on the Forever 21 credit card. Saying I should call them and find out why and then call THEM back and reorder. Is this a joke?! Ok so I call the credit card and they inform me that order was approved on the same day. I even confirmed that my name and address were correct.

I decided to reorder my dresses... only to get an email that it was also CANCELED!!! This time I write an email... Guess what their response is??? That the credit card had wrong billing address that didn’t match theirs. This pissed me off already to the point where I sent snapshots of addresses on file. Their answer: "Please call us to confirm billing address." So this morning I called and we are back to the BS about credit card and that I should reorder!!! Still waiting for the supervisor to call me. The customer service definitely has a paper that they read off of, because they all sounded the same with the same sentences and words. The most ** thing I’ve ever experienced with online purchases. Never ever order from them again people!!! The worst!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been haggling for 3 months for a package that was shipped to store, and lost in transit. My order was placed on April 21. I received an email shipment confirmation on the same day. One month later, the package had not been received by the store, and the order status still stated Shipped. I called customer service and was told they would investigate the matter, and I would hear from them in 3 - 5 days. Customer service never contacted me; the store did not receive my items; the shipping status remained at shipped. I called back in June. Same ordeal. Customer service told me they escalated the matter and would get back to me with results. Two weeks later no word from Customer Service; no package received; status still says Shipped.

I called Customer Service yet again, and requested that, since it has become evident my package was lost in transit, and as a customer courtesy, that my items be re-ordered and sent to me via express shipping as a courtesy. Customer Service informed me that PER FOREVER 21 POLICY they will not re-order the items, and instead, told me my only option was a refund. In order to process my refund, they needed to reach out to the store for a THIRD time and wait for the store's response. I frequently shop online and I have never before encountered a store that will go out of their way to displease the customer. Three months in transit with no receipt renders it obvious that package is clearly lost. I will go out of my way to tell anyone and everyone that I can about Forever 21's dishonest and fraudulent practices.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My niece wanted a Forever 21 gift card for her birthday. From online, sent her a $50 gift card via snail mail, but was never confirmed sent. Several days later, got email that there was a "discrepancy" not specified and so the gift card was never sent. Due to the pressure of being late for birthday gift, sent an online e-gift card and but never sent despite my sister looking through email and junk mail filters, etc for weeks.

I wrote Forever 21 twice without reply. I stayed on hold to get through customer service during their limited service time (I cannot call during work-hours at my work) and got through to a customer service representative who said they can only email to the same email address. Unable to get through to a supervisor, but someone may call back in 24 hours - still waiting and like other customers, am doubtful will ever call. I am out of $50 because of my niece's wish, but will never shop Forever 21 again. Worst computer system and customer service I've ever experienced. See that others online have similarly negative experiences, plus Forever 21 with data-breaches - very consumer-unfriendly company.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The item that my daughter wanted was poorly made which we purchased online. It was a return by mail only item. I am dissatisfied that in order to return the item, I had to pay the return shipping fee. It costed me $7.30 to return the item. This is outrageous. Other companies provides a prepaid return shipping label. I am never going to shop at Forever 21 again.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Worst place ever! I ordered something online and had it delivered to the store under my daughter's account. MY DAUGHTER IS A MINOR! And because she did not have photo ID they refused to give me my item. I tried everything, showing them my receipt, verifying the card I used to purchase the item, even my photo ID. All I got was "we cannot release the item until photo ID is provided". My daughter is a freaking minor!! What the hell Forever 21?? I will never shop here again and if you want to save yourself the headache, avoid this place at all cost!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased 4 items totaling over $100 Early May. The items look nothing like the online pics. The platform shoe looks like cheap plastic the kind they use for kids toys with brown paint over it. The maxi dress was oversized looked nothing like pic. I called the company and emailed several times. They said a supervisor would call me back. The supervisor never did. I finally spoke to a representative who said informed that the items look nothing like depicted online. The platform shoe was some sort of plastic, cheap looking item. One item marked final sale looked like it could for a 4 year to old. I said it’s marked final sale because it’s defective and you know it. I asked why am I paying to ship back items that look nothing like the pics online. I informed that I’m out money having to ship the item and not receiving back my money for an item that cannot fit me. She stated she spoke to a supervisor who agreed to return the final sale item.

On 5/25 I had to pay $20 to ship the items out to Forever 21. Today 6/5/18, I received an email that they are not refunding the final sale item. I called and they’re asking for security questions name address and four digits of card which was used to purchased. They do not sent that in email for security so why ask me over the phone? I don’t know which card I used for the transaction, I’m asking for a supervisor and the rep keeps stating she cannot move on until she receives the info. I give my most used card information and it worked. I asked for a supervisor, the rep placed me on hold comes back and says there is no supervisor available. I hung up. This is pure aggravation. This company is playing with my money and I do not like it. Their customer service sucks. I sent another email to them. I’m sure I will not get a response.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Daughter ordered a romper online with gift card and overage on a credit card three months ago. She wears a small but this was too small. There are no stores in our area to exchange for a medium. Read the exchange/return policy in detail, as stated then, and was on the return form used, that items could be returned (at your expense to mail) and the exchange would be sent in 4-6 weeks.

Having almost forgot about it, followed up, and Forever 21 stated they would issue refund, that there was a policy change where they no longer exchange sizes and would have to go to a store to exchange (which there are none) and would put the credit on the gift card and balance on the credit card, both of which I do not have any longer. They would not ship the exchange in the medium, even though the return policy at the time said they would. Forever 21 still gets the money, we are just out the clothes. Unbelievably disappointing. Buyers beware of ordering online from Forever 21.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I ordered two dresses over two weeks ago, still nothing. Apparently, my package was lost. I was hung up on several times, sent to various reps and supervisors that never answered, etc. I finally spoke with the corporate office who informed me that I would need to spend my time printing, filling out, and sending back an affidavit, and then once they receive the paperwork I would get a refund in "around" five days. I am baffled that their customer service is set up so that the customer is punished after spending money and receiving nothing.

They informed me that in order for me to get the dresses (that I need for an event in two days), I will need to reorder aka pay again (prior to receiving my refund), as well as pay for expedited shipping out of pocket - which equals the price of each of the dresses that I originally ordered. So basically, I am out $150 and they won't even accommodate me to pay for shipping if I was willing to order a new dress.

A warning to future customers: Stick to Nordstrom (or a store who knows what customer service is). I swear I could return my groceries to them and they would take them with a smile on their face and ask what else I needed. To Forever 21: If you even bother reading these; I am well aware that you make plenty of money, and that losing one customer means nothing to you, regardless please note that you have definitely lost my business. I sincerely hope that you rethink your policies and choose the customer over greed in the future.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I ordered two dresses for myself and four pairs of shorts for my son. I haven't measured the dresses yet but they don't fit per the size chart. Two of the pairs of shorts were received in ziplock type bags, I'm assuming they were returns based on their actual sizes which differ greatly from stated size. I ordered 30", the size chart says they should be 32" waist. They're 29". The inseams and rise aren't as stated either, one pair has a 7.5" inseam, the other 8". They're both supposed to be 9.5. Same for the rise, neither is 11", both are shorter and both are different.

The other two pairs have a 30" waist and again, the rise and inseam are not as stated. I'm including the order number. I'll call customer service tomorrow. I don't actually expect anything from it but isn't this fraud? My entire order was only $70 but I just bought a bunch of camis from them that were shorter than expected. I'm going to measure them. So that's $100 total that's really just stuff I have to donate. Oh, they're final sale so I can't return them.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I ordered two items 9 days ago and I have been keeping track with the status since it's been shipped but it keep saying the same thing "It's on the way." First and last time ever ordering online from them!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I purchased a dress online and it would seem that this last order their system used an old address of 4 years ago. I run a company and didn't have time to check my order until today and saw that it was shipped and delivered to the old address. I called customer service and spoke to DRAKE. I must say he was nasty, rude and just plain horrible. Blaming me for the mistake and questioning me for not contacting them sooner within min of our conversation. I explained that I had updated my new address as I placed the order but it was still send to old one. He question me about not looking at email confirmation and I told him I didn't received one and the order wasn't a rush so I put in the back burner (as many of us do with a busy lifestyle). At that point he was short of mocking me. Truly one of the worse experience I have ever received.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I ordered a top online because the size I needed wasn’t available in store. The first red flag should have been when the girl at the register told me they couldn’t order for their customers (because ALL stores offer to order for you). I ordered anyway, this was my first time ordering online, I usually just buy in store. I placed my order and got the order received email- awesome, right?! Well a couple days later I checked my order status and found that F21 had CANCELLED my order. Get this though- THEY DIDN’T notify me!!! I immediately called to see why. They said the house number was not listed. Ok, here’s the house number go ahead and redo the order- nope they said they can’t do that, I’d have to wait for my refund and order again. Ok, how long will the refund take? They said one to two “billing cycles”. Well what the heck is a billing cycle- THEY DIDN’T HAVE AN ANSWER!!

They told me to call MY bank. Mind you, I paid everything BUT $1.05 for the order on a F21 gift card!!! WHY would I need to wait for store credit?! That should be immediate ESPECIALLY when I never even received the merchandise!!! Here I am 5 business days and 7 calendar days later STILL waiting for my money/credit back!! I’ve called and called and called to no avail! The LAST rep I spoke to today said all the previous info I’ve gotten was wrong and the gift card should have been immediate. Really?!! And to think I was ordering in enough time to get this one friggin' top for a trip, now I won’t get it in time- if at all! All reviews here are just BAD!!! I’m allowing them til Friday and next stop is BBB. Please just don't order online!!! I won’t even shop in store after this! I’m sooo done with F21! #MeanIt

Original review: April 18, 2018

I returned two tops in the same package that came in the same order. Both tops did not fit me and were not quality for the price (over 30 dollars each). I checked the status of the return and I was only refunded for one item. I called and they said they contacted the warehouse and to call back. Called back. Still not resolved. Called again and they informed me that the other top was not in the package and I would not receive my return. They suggested that I should contact USPS about the package.

Why would I waste my time contacting USPS when they didn’t package my return for me? I simply dropped off the sealed package before receiving my tracking number. I was told a supervisor would contact me within 24 hours but I am not counting on it when Forever 21 told me that my package was inspected and they “confirmed” that only one item was returned. Never order from this company. Their items are crap and their customer service is crap. It is a waste of time and money to try to save money through this company. I will tell everyone about their fraudulent ways and I will be calling them daily until I receive my refund.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This is the worst customer service I have ever received. Would have given 0 stars if I could. I ordered a pair of shorts from Forever 21 and was sent the wrong size. I contacted the customer service department by phone the day I received the wrong item. I was told to email the customer service email address with a photo showing the tag that would indicate that I received the wrong size in order to get a free shipping label (otherwise I would have to pay to send them back), which I did right after getting off the phone with customer service. 2 days later, I received an email stating I would need to send more pictures showing the store tags with bar codes but I had already told them the shorts I was sent did not come with store tags, only a clear plastic bag with bar codes with the size I had originally ordered not the size I had received.

I obliged and sent new pictures with the clear plastic bag showing the bar code and told them there were no store tags on the items I had received. 5 days later I had still not received a response, so I called customer service again. I was given the runaround and told that the customer service representative was not able to do anything about it because the returns were processed through a different department, but she said she would send them a request and make the request "top priority" which was obviously **. Later that evening, I searched the website to make sure my size was still available in the item, but sure enough the size I had originally ordered was sold out. After realizing this, I called customer service again and asked if I would be able to receive a replacement item in the correct size and they said no and again told me I would just need to wait on the returns department.

It's been another 2 days and I have STILL not received a return label or any sort of follow up. I called again this morning and asked for a supervisor but was told there was none available. After waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes and having some harsh words with a different rep, she was able to directly request a return label from FedEx so clearly every rep I had talked to before that would have been able to do the same but had chosen not to help me. I will be having to wait another 2 business days for the return label and they were sure to point out that it would expire within 7 days. When I asked again about receiving a replacement item, I was told they don't do online "exchanges," because apparently them sending me the wrong size item is considered an exchange. Never purchasing from this store again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been shopping with Forever 21 for years... Probably since I was in middle school. I've always been a sucker for their cheap, trendy clothing but have finally decided I'm fed up. The first incident occurred about 2 years ago. I had a gift card to their store so I placed an online order (using the gift card). I received my order in the mail - a jacket size "small" which was way too big, so I returned it via mail. I later called to find out about a refund since I had used my gift card for $25 of the order. The customer service rep basically told me I had thrown $25 out the window because they had already refunded the money back to the old gift card (which I threw out after using). She refused to issue me a new gift card or credit of any sort. Great times.

Now, 2 years later, I decide to give them another chance and purchase some shoes. The shoes I received were very tiny, made to fit some kind of baby person. Needless to say I wanted to exchange for a bigger size. The customer service rep told me that not only do they not do size exchanges (via mail) but that I would NOT get refunded my shipping charge AND I had to PAY to ship them back for the return. That's paying for shipping twice and all I'm trying to do is return them. The icing on the cake is this: I paid 12... TWELVE ** dollars to mail them back (considering I live in the south and they had to be shipped to Los Angeles). That's about half of what they cost. Sorry this review is long but if you've read this far - please do not shop with them. Their fast fashion brand is going down the drain.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Let me start by saying their customer service department for online purchases is in a 3rd world country where they barely speak English and are very rude due to their lack of personable/customer or consumer skills. In the past, I lost my package and they refused reimburse me. After several calls and emails I finally got my money back. So I thought I would give them a try again.

Well, I placed an order during the Easter weekend which I’ve yet to receive but request to take advantage of their Easter promotion after the fact requesting a price adjustment. I was told by the rep who couldn’t pronounce my name correctly that I would have to reorder my items and then and only would I be able to take advantage of the promotion. Later return the items from the original order? What? I’ve shopped online with several stores such as Rue21, Old Navy, Target, Bath and Body Works etc who have granted me promotions or price adjustments after the original purchase. No. Not Forever21! I’ve unsubscribed to their emails and will no longer do business with them. Bring your customer service department to the USA where most of consumers are and learn to value your customers.

Forever 21 Company Information

www.forever21.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business