1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

708 Forever 21 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I really wish there were negative stars because this company is the worst in customer service and caring about keeping customers. I made a purchase and returned it on 2/20/19 with their marvelous shipping method of FedEx SmartPost. Ridiculous and I had to pay $5.99 for the service that took 2 weeks to get back to Forever 21. Then they finally receive it on 3/7/19 and I get an email what the estimate of my return would be. It takes these incompetent ** until 3/12/19 to get 2 items checked by the warehouse. It is now 3/19/19 and still no refund. When I have called customer service they lie and tell me all kinds of things just to get me off the phone. This is why Amazon is successful. They don't screw over their livelihood--the customer. Goodbye Forever 21. You won't be in business much longer.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Bought full price boots online - wore them the day after they arrived to my office - heel tip came off that morning immediately - I didn't realize it so wore them the full day damaging the fabric at the base of the heel. I contacted customer service right away asking to send them back for a new pair, assuming that they would take reasonable responsibility. Told by email that since I wore them, they wouldn't be eligible for return or exchange. I replied about my disappointment, and said I would close my account. Not even the courtesy of a response.

If you spend money with this company you are stuck with what you get - end of story. Don't expect Forever 21 to care about you - disregard their biblical scripture reference of John 3:16 printed on their bags. Parents, be advised. Forever 21's credit card payment process lures inexperienced consumers with easy check-out counter discount sign ups and then requiring complicated check routing numbers for payment.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 1, 2019

Placed an order for a two piece set. Instead, I received the clear bag for this set, but inside was a shirt! To be exact, the shirt I received is something that F21 sells on their website. The “plunging knotted top” item code 2000317398. So essentially whoever packed my order removed my 2 piece set that I paid $48 for and placed a $28 shirt inside. That’s not even the worst part. The shirt I received has no tag and has a perfume like odor as if someone wore it. I have taken pictures too. Called customer service twice and the next course of action will be going through PayPal if I do not receive my return slip as promised in their 24-48 hour policy. I shop at F21 all the time both in store and online and this is the first time something like this has ever happened. It’s really disappointing. Buyers beware.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I convinced my friends that we should all get matching pj’s for an upcoming girls trip. We ordered them on Feb 18th and my 3 friends received theirs Feb 25th. I checked my shipping info and it said my package was due to arrive Feb 26th, however, nothing came. The next day still nothing came. I check the shipping info again and it still said it was in transit, but there was no updated info since Feb 20th. So, I decided to send an order info request to Forever 21. The response I received was that my order had been returned and that I should call them. Once doing so, I was told that the shipper had returned it and they couldn’t tell me why. It took them 10 days and an email from me to realize they never even sent my package!

They acknowledged that it was their fault so they could ship the item again at no cost to me (duh – it was never shipped the first time I paid), however, could not send my item to me express as per their policy. Additionally, they could not give me a gift card or discount code for their mistake. Also, once they reship the item I will need to call them again to receive the tracking information. This is absolutely the worst service I have ever received without even receiving my package! Basically, don’t order from Forever 21 unless you want to take non-matching photos with your friends all weekend long. X

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Why does Forever 21 think it's a good idea to annoy their customers while they are trying to shop? With ridiculously see through high pressure sales tactics? Also, your site is a mess. And it crashes often. I used to love Forever 21 and now I find myself just clicking out of your site even if I've seen cute stuff I'd like to buy because dealing with you is such a nuisance. Not to mention I've had a few items come in not as described (different pattern, one leg longer than the other FOR EXAMPLE) AND if you ever choose "ship to store" the store has no idea when your package came. It could have been there for 3 weeks by the time they figure it out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have tried to place three orders using my Forever 21 credit card. Although I've ordered previously and have credit available (in fact, it was recently increased), it keeps rejecting my order due to "billing information". Customer service sends me to Forever 21 credit (Comenity), and they stated there is no issue on their end and no reason for it to be denied. So, I go back to Forever 21's customer service, again, and they will not correct the issue and state it's an automated system that they can't change, so all I can do is place an order using another credit card. SO, they basically give credit but refuse to let you use it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

It has been about 3 months since I've been able to make an order online because every time I try, it says my credit card information does not match. This is not true because I triple check the info and it is correct and it was already pre-added information from when I made online orders before. I have tried about 5 different card and Apple Pay and the phone app, and it still says my card info is incorrect. If I try Afterpay or Paypal it confirms my order then cancels it one minutes later. I have even tried using a different email, changing my shipping address and still no luck. When I call customer service to ask for why my order gets canceled when I use Paypal I am told my order info was 'flagged' but that is all the info that they apparently get so they can't even give you a reason why it was flagged.

It is also extremely hard to get a hold of a customer service person because it does not appear they work the hours advertised on the website. When I tried to make an over the phone order they said they weren't taking any at this time and that I needed to call back another time. I have sent email inquiries to customer service and either do not get a response or am not provided a resolution. This has been apparently been happening to many people over the course of at least TWO YEARS because if you go to their Facebook page there is an extremely long thread of people complaining of this issue starting 2 years ago and no response by the company on the page. I'm pissed I've wasted so much of my time waiting to get someone on the phone, trying different cards and even writing this review. Clearly they don't care about customers since they don't even try to help you fix the problem.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I hope someone from corporate sees these. I have called customer service many times and I keep getting the runaround. I'm NEVER shopping here again. 12/10: I emailed customer care that a package delivered on 12/5 was never received. 12/11: Customer care responds asking for my address to verify the shipment and my phone number. 12/12: I responded with my address and phone number. 12/20: I called customer care due to lack of email response. She asked me a bunch of questions and said she would put in a claim for me.

1/6: Customer care FINALLY responds to my claim asking me to fill out a form OVER 3 weeks from after I responded with my address and phone number. The claim asked all of the same questions the first girl did on 12/20. 1/7: I send the form back as requested. 1/11: Customer care responds they've received it and it will take 5 business days to process. 2/2: I received an email my claim was denied because the claim filed on 1/6 was beyond their 30 day postmark date to file a claim. What is SO infuriating, was that I reached out on 12/10 and it took until 1/6 for someone to ask me to fill out the claim. I want my money back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Went with my daughter and they had a sale. I asked the sales girl Natalie if these pants were on sale. She said, "Yes. Buy 1 get second half price." Got two pair of pants and a body suit. Went to pay and Natalie was at the register. She rang it up and I asked about the sale on the pants. Natalie said they were not on sale. Not 10 min before she said they were. Then I gave my credit card. She waits then asks for ID then asked for something else. The whole time smiling. She knows she was being a witch. I don't know why nothing is being done about this store with all these complaints.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We don’t live in a city that has Forever 21 so we have to drive over an hour to shop there which we figured wasn’t a problem since it would be worth the drive when Forever 21 was advertising 50% off on all jackets, outerwear, and sweaters. We get to the store and they have the sale signs over the entire store making sure to place directly on their jackets, outerwear, and sweaters. We pick out a few items all from the assumed sale racks and get to the checkout line only to be told that NONE OF THE JACKETS ARE ON SALE.

When we asked why are there 50% on jackets signs on the jackets but we have to pay full price for them they’re response was they don’t know!! They pointed to four blazers in an empty corner of the store stating these were on sale. The offer was a complete scam and the store was junky. This is the second time they’ve done this and it’s clear now it’s just a scam just to get people in the store under the impression there’s a sale when the items are still being sold at full price. I won’t be shopping at Forever 21 again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I wish I could leave less than one star. In all the world I would rank their customer service THE WORST ON PLANET EARTH. A gift card didn’t get to the recipient. Phoned to have it resent (how hard can that be right?). Waited online for an hour, told no problem, then chat went dead. Waited another hour “oh we can’t do that online”. Phoned. Waited an hour. Told “we shall resend. 48 hours it will be there”. 4 days later = nothing. Phoned again. “Oh we resent it. We will resend again”. Nothing. “Oh there must be something wrong with your email.” LOLOLOLOLOL. "Why are your promotion emails getting through then?" “Oh you should rebuy and we will cancel this one”. LOLOLOL. Um no. "How about you send to my email instead?" “oh we can’t do that”. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY BUSINESS IF YOU VALUE YOUR $$. Zero out of ten.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I made an order on December 17 and was charged twice. I have called several times and the customer service is horrible. I was told that it was an error of Forever 21 and that I would have my money returned back in 24 to 48 hours... I did receive the package and one transaction was completed on my bank card but the other transaction is still saying on hold. Today is the 23 of December and still the transaction is saying on hold. Tried to make another purchase (silly me) tonight but the order was declined.

My card information was saved but it still declined because you have to re-enter the CVV number on back of card but it still charged my card. How if the order was declined did it still charge my card. I will not be ordering again!! I tried to call customer service tonight but they were closed. Tomorrow I will be trying to reach them again. I think this company is stealing money and really need to be investigated. No telling how long it’s going to take to get my money back. Very dissatisfied customer!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered a skirt online to have delivered to my house. When I received notification via email my packaged arrive nothing came in the mail nor did the delivery man come to my correct door and knock. The delivery company that supposedly delivered was OnTrac. When I called OnTrac to find out why packaged was not delivered they told me the driver delivered to my correct apt building but not sure if it was to the correct address. The next day I called OnTrac back myself because they told me they going to call me back and never did. Later, I found out the driver went back to my apartment building to “retrieve” my packaged where he left it and could not retrieve it.

Then they tell me that they’re sorry about that and to contact Forever 21 for a refund. So thanks to a careless driver who didn’t deliver packages correctly, I made a complaint to OnTrac. Of course they failed to truly follow up and now forever 21. I keep calling and requesting a callback and no one has not reached out to me until now. Once I got ahold of someone she said she’ll send me an email regarding my refund and I have not received an email. Still now I have to keep calling Forever 21 back. This is exactly why I don’t like to have things delivered to my house. This will be the last time I have Forever 21 ship things to my house 'cause clearly they fail to care and so does the delivery company they contracted to deliver their merchandise.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I placed an order back in April. I didn't notice before I opened the bag that it had been previously opened and taped closed and some kind of yellow mailing sticker was stuck over the tape. When I opened it I discovered half of the items I ordered were missing. I immediately contacted customer service and they apologized and seemed very willing to help me. They sent me an affidavit form to fill out and send back, which I did right away. Some time went by and I didn't hear anything about it so I contacted them again.

Neither Forever 21 or Fed Ex would take responsibility for the missing items, and neither would refund the $40 that those articles of clothing that I never received cost me. I even mentioned that I still have the shipping bag and that someone could look at it so they could see that it had been re-sealed by someone either at Forever 21 or Fed Ex. The representative decided to re-open the "investigation" and told me I should have it resolved in a few weeks. It's December. 8 months later and I'm still waiting. The last order I placed I had it shipped to the store and I opened the package right there in front of the cashier so if anything's missing I'd have proof. After this experience and now reading the other reviews here, I may just stop shopping there altogether. They clearly don't care about their customers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Sign on the rack of cardigan sweaters said 50% off. Small print said limited quantities. Went to check out and cashier said that I can’t read and the sign said not limited quantities but it said selected items. Wrong. We checked all the signs and they said limited quantities. Manager was too busy talking to family or friend. Horrible.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Disgusting how the representatives speak to you over the phone. The representative was extremely rude and laughing over the phone because I was highly upset about my expedited package which I received days later than its expected date. Callback doesn’t not work so if you’re on hold for an hour just breathe in and out. Absurd!! I thought I was being a bit extreme with the disappointed but coming here and looking at the reviews just confirms. I don’t understand why this is not resolved already. Have a meeting about how you guys can treat your customers and make sure that packages are received on time. Stop online business and focus on in store sales instead. Main reason why I support local owned businesses.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

It has been a two months since my package was lost. I am 150 dollars out. I just called for the fourth time and they extended the "investigation" for another 10 days. Horrible horrible experience. I will never buy from there again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Email ID: **. This is regarding order no : **. The order was supposed to be re-delivered on 5th December but it was not. It was not even attempted. Then I was informed that it would be re-delivered on 7th December, which also did not happen. After calling USPS and Forever21 multiple times and hearing different resolutions - Forever 21 said it would be delivered by 13th December and apologized for this terrible experience but again on 11th December (today) there was no change in the shipping status.

Upon calling the customer service for the 4th time after an excruciating wait time each time now we were informed we have to pay extra to get our items re-delivered. For no fault of ours. So basically I have wasted over 2 hours of my life talking to customer service being given incorrect and unhelpful resolutions. My shipment is late by 6 days already and seems that it will be taking another 5-12 days.

This is has by far been my worst shopping experience ever and I am a loyal customer to Forever 21. I only write this email to inform you of the disappointment caused and the terrible communication from Forever21's support team. I don't know how but if you do not compensate me or make up for this I think this will be my last shopping experience with Forever 21. PS: I have all the chat logs where I was falsely informed of the item being in delivery and wrong delivery date promises.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I do shop all my clothes from Forever 21, but they Better work on their customer service 'cause it is literally the WORSE I have ever seen! I have been working for another retail company for over than 3 years and I know how guest service should work. The first bad experience I had with them is when I got a sweater and I washed it with cold water and on my hand 'cause I don’t like washing my new clothes for the first time in the washer machine. However, the sweater shranked, so I went and I talked to the cashier and he didn’t do anything about it. I asked for a manager hoping that she might do something about it, BUT she was so rude and she was like, "Yea you probably wash it wrong." The sweater was only $12, she could have been nicer and done something about it!

The second time, I got a belt online and it was big, but I had to cut off the tag so I can try it on. I went to the store and I was shopping and then I told the cashier that I want to do an even exchange for the belt with a smaller size and I did have my receipt. She was like, "Okay I will do the exchange this time even though the tag is not attached," 'cause I brought the tag with me...but she asked me to pay the difference!!! I was like, "Can I do the exchange for the same price," and she was like, "No..." So I told her then I just want to return the belt. She said sorry I cannot return it 'cause the tag is not attached!! :-/ I was so pissed. It is just a belt and it looks like it was new and tag and the receipt is there so what’s wrong with you!?? Bad bad baaaddd customer service and they don’t respect their customers at all... Cashiers are rude and don’t know what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was there making a return. There was an issue so the cashier had to called the manager or supervisor. I am not sure because he refused to say who he is. All he said was, "I am in charge here. The policy says I don’t have to give my name or anything to you." He had an attitude and was nasty. He yelled and screamed at me and said, "Get off my line" in front of all the Customer. I was so humiliated. He just didn’t want to deal with me. I was just asking him why am I not able to do a return when the item was not final sale. This is Ridiculous. People shouldn’t be treated this way. He uses his position to humiliated me. He didn’t want to do the return or explain anything to me so he just started to shout and yelled for me to get out. This is not my or friends first time getting nasty treatment from employees at Forever 21 (Queen Center Mall).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

First and last time ordering from these guys. I ordered on Black Friday and my shipping date keeps getting pushed back. I'm so frustrated, contacted support. NO RESPONSE and it's been weeks. This company has no resources dedicated to customer service. Almost 3 weeks and nothing. SMH.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

A few weeks ago, Forever 21 had a 75% off sale so I ordered my 2 daughters each 3 pairs of jeans. Upon delivery, I discovered that all 6 pairs were the wrong size and way too big for them. We have a Forever 21 store locally so I decided to exchange them in store thinking it would be less of a hassle. WRONG! I explained to the cashier that I wanted the exact same jeans, just in the correct sizes (i.e. the sizes I ordered).

She personally helped me find the EXACT same jeans that I had ordered but in the correct sizes. I wrongly assumed that there would be no charge since I had exchanged the incorrect sized jeans for the exact same style; just in the correct sizes. Oh how wrong I was. They charged me $51! When I asked why, she informed me “Well you bought those other jeans during a 75% off sale. You don’t get those same sale prices when you return or exchange items.” Seriously?! If I had chosen different styles/shade/cuts of jeans when I exchanged them, I could understand the additional charges but, when I got the exact same jeans with the only difference being the sizes, I cannot fathom why I would/should be charged extra! I am very angry and will never buy/order anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I’ve ordered from Forever 21 once before and had no issues with shipping. It came in less than a week and they actually told the truth that time about when it would be delivered. My second time ordering from them is literal hell. I ordered on the 27th of November. I did standard shipping (supposed to be 3-6 business days for reference). I never got an email stating that my order was delayed. I tried tracking my order on their website and it wouldn't let me because it hadn’t even been prepared to ship or anything.

I contacted them through the live chat on the 4th of December. They were quick to respond. They told me that they would send it out the next business day and that the order would be here in the next 3 to 6 days. I checked the tracking number the next day (it finally worked) and it said it would be here the 12th of December. Which is already almost 2 weeks for them to ship. I checked again today and it changed it to the 14th of December. So who knows if my package will arrive or not.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been shopping at Forever21 for a very, very long time. I typically spend a good amount of money there every year ($1000+). I usually have a good experience with online shopping but not this time. On November 18th I placed an order online. By the 20th it said my order shipped but then I didn’t get my package a week later. I checked the shipping status and the date now said, “Ready to go”.

I tried calling customer service for DAYS. The wait times were always over 20 minutes, that is, when their phone service was even working. I tried emailing twice. I tried tweeting at them twice. I even tried to get on chat, of course their chat services weren’t working any of the times. I finally got a hold of a customer service representative and they said FedEx must have lost my package so she was going to file a claim. If FedEx says they lost it, I’ll get a refund. If they don’t, I have no idea; I wasn’t able to get a straight answer. The customer service representative, Diana, said I would get a confirmation email with the claim information. Surprise surprise, I never got one. I’ll be calling relentlessly until I can get my money back. They lost a very loyal customer because of this.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME BY LOOKING AT THIS WEBSITE!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND TELL YOU GO LOOK FOR YOUR PACKAGE. I wish I read the reviews before I placed my order which was 13 days ago, my order was lost in shipping. I called customer service, I was on hold for 26 minutes then the rudest representative answered. She said, "Call FedEx to find your package," then she hang up. I called another time and another rude one answered after 20 minutes on hold. He said, "If your package is delivered you can return it and get your money back otherwise you can't cancel the order," and we don't have any information about it. I will call my bank and dispute this charge. Hopefully I could get my money back.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Their shipping is crap. I placed my order and it took 5 days to ship even though all items in my cart were in stock. 3 weeks have passed and still no sign of my package. Don’t expect fast shipping, not the 5-10 business days I was promised for standard shipping in the U.S.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I placed an order 10 days ago, it hasn't arrived to the USPS office YET and I cannot get a hold of anyone to answer any questions. There are no agents to answer my questions via chat or through their customer service phone number. I have been trying for 4 days to talk to someone. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terrible customer service, after holding for over 15 minutes he Hung up on me & didn't give any real reason for incorrect advertising. Liars. When it comes to Advertising free express shipping & the 24 hour order being filled is a lie! I will not order from them again! Bad experience! DISHONEST company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ordered online. 3 weeks later order is still pending, I have tried calling customer service, been on hold twice for 30 minutes. No one to talk to. They don’t answer live chats or emails. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was purchasing a product online and placed the order with it being expected to arrive within 5-7 business days. I got a notification that the package was delayed in shipment and that the item may not arrive until a date that was 11 business days from when the order was placed. This is now an issue because I will be out of town starting the day before shipment is expected for a month to a different address in the same state. The day that I saw this change in shipment date I tried reaching out to Forever 21. Their phone number was not working during normal business hours even though I called multiple times. After their phone did not work, I tried using their online chat to reach a representative and they were unable to chat at the moment as well.

Lastly, I sent them an email due to that being the last source of contact. I had no response from anyone the entire Friday (when I did all of this in the morning) or during the weekend. Flash forward to Monday morning. I finally get a hold of someone on their "customer service line" and the agent was rude, unprofessional and kept saying my expectations were too high and that the item has already shipped so they cannot do anything for me. Keep in mind I tried reaching an agent the week prior when shipment was still processing. When I asked to speak to a manager she refused to let me. When during a call with a representative has an agent said "no you cannot speak to someone else?"

Finally, after back and forth arguing with a customer service representative, she said that a manager would be in contact within 24 hours. I have never experienced customer service this awful before. I have shopped here for over 5 years and now am hesitant to even support a business that has "policies" that make their representatives treat you like a back of dirt. Rant over.

Forever 21 Company Information