1.06/5

660 Forever 21 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This company is a fraud. I ordered a dress online in June amongst other items. The dress did not fit me so the next day I went to their retail store to return it. They scanned it and said the item was not in the system and that I had to return it via mail. So I sent the dress in the mail. After two weeks I inquired about my refund via chat. The representative that was “assisting” me said the dress had a no refund policy. I gave her the order number, the item number, a description and even the code for the dress. They said they would issue my refund within 4 weeks. The next week I contacted them again and they had received my dress but again stated that it had a non return policy. I provided all the information needed again… The exact information, nothing happened, they told me to wait.

For the next couple of weeks I would call them several times. All those times in which all of the people who answered the phone had the same conversation with me again and again. I provided for all the details and they kept saying the same thing as if it was a script they were reading from. The last time I called they said one of the representatives had been "trying" to reach my phone. I NEVER received any phone calls from them, not once. I decided to write an email explaining the whole situation. Providing the details again and even forwarding the email with the confirmation of my order. They said they would look for the item in the warehouse...

After calling and writing for 4 MONTHS they say: oh no! seems like your item was discarded because it was in the warehouse for too long. So they literally stalled my refund for 4 MONTHS. Just to say they discarded the item and that they wouldn’t refund me? They wasted my time and I wasted my money or more like they robbed me. I should have just kept the dress and fix it on my own. What a joke of customer service you have. I WILL NEVER EVER shop here again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a VIP member at Forever 21. I love everything they sell, sure, BUT they have horrible customer service when it comes to really needing something. I usually ALWAYS order online. This is the second time this happens to me and I got the same response. I ordered a bathing suit once. It was supposed to be XL but they sent L. So, I sent it back, and repurchased it, and they sent me L AGAIN! I needed the bathing suit for a certain day and I ordered way ahead of the day, but they messed up twice. So I asked the customer service representative if she could expedite my shipping because I needed it by certain day and it was their mistake. She simply told me no, there was nothing she could do. They said they’d give me free standard shipping and that was it. However, I ordered this maybe like a month and half in advance, and that’s all she could offer me after they sent me the wrong size TWICE and I called about it the first time.

Anyways, second time, so I ordered a shirt on 10/04, & I really needed by 10/11 for a concert. So, logical thing to do, I paid extra for Express shipping, I knew it would get here maybe in 4-5 days. So, I received my tracking number and shipping notice and even an estimated delivery date which said, 10/09. So, I receive nothing. I figured maybe it was a little late. FedEx tends to deliver packages in the evening sometimes. Today, 10/10, I look at the status online and it says only a shipping label was created. So, I call FedEx to see what’s going on. They say that the shipper (Forever 21) did not drop off the package at a FedEx location.

So, I call Forever 21 customer service. They thank me for being a VIP customer and then they look into what happened to my package. I was put in a very long hold, and she returns to tell me that my package was sent back to the warehouse. So, I explained to her that I needed it by tomorrow 10/11 and that is why I paid express shipping. So, I told her if they could send it to me so it would be here tomorrow. She puts me on a long hold AGAIN. She comes back to tell me they can only offer me Express shipping. Of course, I’m furious, I was a little rude because this is the second time they do something like this. They don’t care if you’re a VIP customer or regular, they will not help you farther than what you pay for even when it is their mistake.

I know they can send as “Next Day Saver” because it is in the shipping options. I know I did not pay for it, but I paid Express shipping a week in advance to reassure my package would be here by the time I needed it. However, they will not go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy even if it means having to pay a few more dollars. It was not my fault the package wasn’t here on time, it was theirs. I asked for a refund. There was no use of me having that item after the day I needed it. Their customer service is horrible. The customer should always be right and they should try to make them happy no matter what the problem is. & I WAS RIGHT & they still didn’t do anything to fix it.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of pants & received them in the wrong size, so I returned them & got a full refund. Ordered them a SECOND time & received the WRONG item again, called customer service & they gonna tell me I have to pay for this item a THIRD time & sent pictures of the incorrect item, & they would send me a return label & as soon as the pants get back to the warehouse they would refund me! HELL NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I refuse to pay for a pair of pants a third time when it’s ** ups on their end. They have the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life! I wouldn’t recommend this unprofessional company to nobody!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I really like Forever 21, but never order from online! My package never came. When I contacted customer support, they gave me a form for an investigation on the lost pack. It's been 10 days and I haven't heard anything back. I have been emailing them for the last 2 days and I still haven't received a response.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

So I place an order online with F21, a store that I normally really enjoy and own a lot of clothes from (that were all purchased in store). When I first check out I use PayPal to pay and enter a discount code for 10% off. Everything seems fine until a few days later I get an email canceling my order. When I call up I find out that instead of using the correct billing address given on PayPal, they automatically assumed my shipping and billing ones were the same. So when my bank couldn't confirm the billing address they auto canceled the order. Ok, fine, annoying but I'll call up and replace the order. As it turns out, they can no longer honor the discount (despite the mistake being on their part) and charge me full price.

Forward a week and my order arrives, but one of the shirts is wayyy too big. Ok, I'll just return it in store! Today I got to the store to exchange the shirt and when it turns out they don't have it in stock I ask the lady to just order it online again for me right there. She does so, and it's all fine until I find out that I have to pay an extra $5 shipping charge because of THEIR mistake. Oh and she also entered the wrong address and never asked me to double check it so there's that.

Overall I would recommend NEVER ordering online. I ended up spending an extra $15-$20 when compared to my original order. They keep trying to squeeze more and more money out of you and refuse to own up to their mistakes. It's a disgusting business practice and the customer service is terrible. Please never make the mistake I made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered some items over $100 from online. When two of the items didn’t fit I prepared them for return. I paid for postage $18 to send it back to receive a full refund. Which I never received and when I called customer service they told me this would take a month to receive the refund!! Still never got my refund back. The worst company I have ever dealt with and seen sooo many reviews of stealing customer's money and yet they are still in business. Mind blowing!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I've bought $104,68 in good on 8/9 and I've never gotten my items. When I talked to Forever 21 they made me fill out an affidavit and they would send for investigation. So I did filled out on 8/31 until today 9/19 they are still investigating. Do not buy from them. They are stealing!!! I will make a complaint with my credit card company. When I call them they say sorry but we are still investigating. I will never ever buy from them again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I ordered about 7 items online and I did store pick up as I had a bad experience in the past for doing home delivery, therefore I have decided to do store pick up since then, thinking it will be convenient. But no, this time I never got my package. I ordered on 08/27/2018, after few days later I got a confirmation email that my items are ready for pick up in store on 09/07/2018. I went to the store to pick up on 09/12/2018, they told me they do not have it. I called Forever 21 helpline, the representative from customer service told me that the item was delivered and it was scanned at the store by an employee, she also shared the employee ID number who received my package with the store manager over the phone. They just didn’t even investigate about my package and told me to get a refund. I told them if the item was scanned, then how can it be lost just like that.

Such a bad experience, I was excited and was looking forward for my shopping. They have wasted my time and energy, I drove to the store to pick up. They didn’t even look around properly. By their actions and what Forever 21 customer service representative told me over the phone, one can only assume that there is something fishy and my package was not lost. Instead the store people might have kept it. They don't care about their customers. Such a waste, I will not suggest anyone to do business with them if you want that kind of service. It was very unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Such a bad experience, I was excited and was looking forward for my shopping. They have wasted my time and energy, I drove to the store to pick up. They didn’t even look around properly. By their actions and what Forever 21 customer service representative told me over the phone, one can only assume that there is something fishy and my package was not lost instead the store people might have kept it. They don't care about their customers. Such a waste, I will not suggest anyone to do business with them if you want that kind of service. It was very unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I placed an online order for over $500 worth of clothes, only to not receive them for a few weeks. Then, when I sent some of the items back to get a refund, I was told it wasn't within the return time frame, even though I had received them late in the first place. On top of that, they wouldn't return these "non-returnable" items back to me until I paid for postage to send back to me. And threatened to discard them (probably resell them). So there sits $300 of my wasted money & I have nothing. I am furious. And now since I didn't learn my lesson, I sent back my 2nd order within the time frame & have yet to hear anything or get refunded anything back yet. Horrible company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

First of all, online chat. I asked them about my shipping and after he explained the shipping out 5-7 days to arrive, which wasn’t even my question, he then asked me if he could help me with something else and immediately left the chat, before I could even spend a response. I ordered something for store pick up, for a vacation I was taking, now the clothes aren’t coming until the day after I leave, but now they're telling me I have to wait a few more days. So annoyed. How do you buy clothes for vacation and then being told it won’t come until way after. For that I would’ve gotten it next day shipping or looked somewhere else. Annoyed because now I have to repack and now I have to spend more money on outfits for vacation because they decided to not abide by the promised date.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I ordered a dress, paid for next day express shipping. This was in February, still haven’t received the dress. It’s September. I have called a dozen times, first two they weren’t able to start a claim. Gave it some time, four calls in a row, they started a claim, but really didn’t. Each time a new claim was supposed to be processed. Three times a representative was supposed to call me back with information on my missing package. No calls. I had also been emailing, never received a response.

Called last month AGAIN, only to find out my package has reached the date of expiration for claims. So, no longer their fault or responsibility. $60 thrown away. This is the third missing package over the course of a few years. Also, if you use their PayPal option, you cannot get a refund, only store credit. This used to be my go to for inexpensive basics and the occasional ‘wear once or twice’ dress, since the majority of their products don’t last longer than that. Their customer service is a joke, in and out of their stores.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I've ordered some clothes and funds on my account have been blocked but I haven't received any order confirmation etc. After an hour they just sent me an automatic e-mail informing that I have some products in my bag and I should hurry up and buy them. Almost two days passed and I still don't have any information regarding this order. I've contacted my bank and I have to wait one week to have my blocked money back. I will never order in Forever21 again. I only wasted time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Shopped from this company a couple times of year, mainly online and sometimes in store. Recently I placed an online order which was received 8 days later. Had an issue with a missing crop top that was sold as a set with a matching skirt. For the past 3 weeks, I've been given the runaround through emails and the reps. Will not patronize them anymore. Extremely poor customer service. The issue became my problem. And yes they took my money and this issue is still unresolved. Buyers BEWARE!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

BEWARE! I just had the worst experience with Forever 21. I'm a frequent buyer at this store, in-store and via online. Last Friday I received an email regarding a discount on all purchases including free ship, so I pick a few items. I was supposed to get a 40% off my purchase but the system was not working right so I contacted an employee via chat and told me that I should wait through Monday to talk to someone of customer service because she wasn't capable of assist me.

So I've been holding my purchase since Friday to talk to someone that could help me with to place my order with the discount offer, woke up at 7:50 am to speak with an associate first thing on Monday morning to hear that I lost the offer because today is Monday and offers can't be extended. I explained the situation and even said that I had an screenshot of my conversation about my inconvenient when trying to place the order during weekend but none of that mattered because they did not care. Today I'll unsubscribe because I not going to be treated like this and getting tricked by listening to fake promises, making you wait so you end up losing the "promo" and end up paying full price on everything! If I were able to rate the treatment I just received I'd rate 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Long time customer - I’ve used shipping and bought in store for many years. I had one package ($138) that I did not receive whether it was lost or stolen. They will have you fill out a ‘claim’ but will give run-around for weeks. They will do nothing.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Ordered a jacket and a skirt along with a few other things. Problem with the jacket was it fit extremely small even compared to the info on the model in the photo was wearing a smaller size than I ordered and is taller than me. Problem with the Skirt is it had loose buttons and a stain on the front you could see through the package it came in. These items were final sale. I’m sure because they were defective. Sneaky scammers. Anyway, I contacted a chat representative and got one named Mary **. She stated I could return the items through mail. NOT IN STORE BECAUSE OF THEM BEING FINAL SALE. She said she even got an exemption for the jacket. But first I would have to send photos of the items and include the attached tag to get approved for a prepaid shipping label. I screenshotted this whole convo.

I sent one and some dude named James replied two days later saying the items ARE actually damaged and I’m eligible for a refund on my card. I printed out the tag and shipped the items. A week later it arrived at the warehouse and I immediately call them and they say they’re still processing it and looking at the clothes to confirm the damage. Yet I had sent photos already. Ok. Anyway three days later I get an email saying they can’t give me a refund because they are final sale items and will have to either charge my card to ship the items back to me or keep the items themselves. That is not what I was told! I would rather you tell me I'm not eligible for a return at all rather than have me waste my time shipping back to you only for you to change your mind! I was livid!

I emailed them screenshots of Mary Joe and they sent me a whole copy and paste of the return policy as if I didn’t already know it. Issue is saying I can return final sale items and ignore the return policy in this case, and then say I can’t get my refund anymore ONCE YOU HAVE MY CLOTHES. Getting hold of them on the phone was impossible. I got on the website live chat again. Some dude named Norman said they can offer me a “one time courtesy” since I’m a VIP customer and refund the items to my card in “one billing cycle once it has been posted”. Whatever that means. One day? No clue. But best believe I screenshotted that chat as well.

If I don’t get my money back by next week, we will have a problem and will file a dispute with my bank. They are never getting a single cent from me again. Online OR in store. Funny thing is when I tried writing a review on the items more than once, the reviews never went through. But others did even if it was a low review. They are very sneaky on what they approve during sales ON final sale items. Be careful with these thieves.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Ordered 3 items (pants) online. 2 in X-Large and one in Large and paid using Paypal. The items arrived in a timely manner. The Large item fit, where the 2, X-Large items were too small. Clearly something wrong, and needed to be returned. I went to Forever 21's website to get specifics on return process where I learned that Paypal items returned to the store would NOT be refunded but a store credit would be issued. As this information was not visible (nor acceptable), I would've used another method thus eliminating any hinderances.

Since the items now have to be returned by mail, I learned that I must absorb the return shipping fees, which considering the circumstances I believed should be Forever 21's responsibility as their items run smaller than advertised. Unfortunately, Forever 21 disagreed even though they know their product but refuse to take the responsibility and pass that burden onto the customer. To shop at Forever 21 is not a deal but a gamble that will cost you more money.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My order took more than 9 days to arrive. I called FedEx and they told me that the service is for 2 weeks. I don't understand why the ** in the page says that, "Your order is arriving in 7 days." I wouldn't be so mad if I didn't have a flight scheduled before the package arrives. I delayed my departure and my time it's not their time!!! Don't promise 7 days if you are giving a 2 week shipping!!! I called customer service and they didn't have an answer. Also they were rude!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

This is the worst company and I will NEVER shop with them again. I placed a $145 order, I never received it. Contacted customer service 1000x and explained and they refused to refund me. They kept saying my shipping address was wrong when it wasn’t! They completely lied, they just didn’t want to refund me. I kept requesting a supervisor and they never got on the phone. Forever 21 don’t care about their customers. They will steal your money when you don’t get your package. They don’t care. They tell you to contact the carrier. Horrible company and they need to be sued!

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered $150 worth of clothes (2 dresses, 1 romper) But never receive my package. I called customer service three times and same response each time telling me they need more time and that the issue is still under investigation. By the 4th time, I was informed that Forever 21 take no blame on this matter and that I needed to contact FedEx to see why my package was not received. Very pathetic, will never shop with them again!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Confirmed all item were ship comparable to United States as well as Australian rules and regulation. I shipped it with USPS and I received and I followed all shipping laws and regulations. This is the reference {**} which I shipped 2 months ago and I have not gotten my money. I sent all documentation to you. I really need this case to close so I can get my money. This is not fair because the customer got the all the products now, I am out of my money. This has been the 10th times. Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Made my first purchase at Forever 21 online in March 2018 and shipping was supposedly lost in Shanghai. Goods never arrived and got initial apology email proposing refund. However 20 or so emails following up since and no responses and no refund. A terrible experience and this site has no interest supporting customers when things go wrong. I would not use this site ever again as it is a scam. The initial apology and refund emails are just a scam to defer any action. Please do not buy anything online from Forever 21. Horrible experience.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I shop at return often, a couple times a month spending at least 100$ each time. I usually return items I don't like at their store near me but sometimes they have "web exclusives" that must be returned by mail. I ordered 2 of these "web exclusives" and didn't like them so I sent them back. I'm always wary of "cheap" stores like Forever 21 when doing returns so I keep a copy of my tracking # and receipt, as well as a picture of the items in my shipping box, and a picture of the box with the tracking label on it... So, I did that with this order and it got delivered to their warehouse, and they processed my refund. BUT, they only gave me a refund for 1 of the items, claiming they didn't get the second item (a pair of shoes/heels). I contacted customer service letting them know there was a mistake and they said they'd have to check in with the warehouse and get back to be in 24-48 hours. This already annoyed me...

Then 3 days goes by, still no update or email or any info from Forever 21 about the refund. So I contact customer service again, then they tell me to wait another 2 days. I told them about the proof I had about returning both items and they had no interest in seeing them and disregarded that... Another 2 days goes by and they still have no update! Ridiculous.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Wow!!! What a disgusting, unfair, and low return policy for a damaged item which I purchased at regular price!!! After making a $105.00 purchase at this store, I realized that the most expensive item, full of ruffles and intricate designs, was defective. Just went to the store and made the naive and honest decision of letting the cashier know that I was returning the item, which she was ready to exchange, because it was defective. She stayed quiet... and waited for me to show her the damaged spot. I had a hard time finding it... because it was definitively not visible!

Once I showed her the spot she notified me that "damaged items could not be returned." Well... this is unfair and unheard of in any other similar, but even higher quality, department store (e.g., H & M, Old Navy, Gap). I notified her that I would write this review upon charging out of the store, will never buy another item from any Forever 21, and will contest the charge with my credit card company. However the only thing I lied about... will simply stay quiet, return it at another branch, but certainly, will also definitively stop purchasing anything else from them until they come to their senses and change such a low, unfair and sneaky practice!

Original review: July 13, 2018

They have an extremely vague return policy & they’re also unaccommodating while being 100% equipped with the knowledge of the grey areas they have around their policies. Will not shop with this low-budgeted, & out jobbed company going forward.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The outsourcing is comical. They understand nothing. Are rude, no supervisors and have no concept of fair business or false advertisement. If you order an item and it goes 50% off within the hour, they do not price adjust. No tracking information. The American consumer is treated like crap!!! Avoid this place! I wish our consumer dept. would take action after the large amount of complaints.

Original review: June 28, 2018

They take up to 3 weeks to issue a refund. I hate that every time I have to pay postage fees (from 8 to 10 bucks) and then I do not hear from F21 again. I never receive an email saying that I will receive a refund or anything, never. Other stores process returns extremely fast and issue credit or refund within 2-3 days from day of receipt. With F21, I wait for weeks and then have to call and wait on hold forever and keep my tracking info and bla bla bla, then the agent repeats some vague policy. Then I hang up and receive the refund (at best)...so I had to call to get my refund? They forgot?

I got tired of that. But it got worse. I returned recently some defective boots and it took a month for me to get my refund even though I called F21 and they told me I'll get it. 2 more weeks passed to receive it. This has been happening for the past 2 years and I'm foolish to keep ordering from them. I had enough and filed a dispute with my bank twice to get my refund including tracking info and all and then F21 banned my account from ordering. LOL. Well better give my money back on time fellas. I've spent a fortune on this store. Very bad attitude towards loyal customers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The worst experience with online order! I love Forever 21 and I’ve always shopped in stores with no problems. I used to order online years ago as well. Recently I’ve purchased dresses from the website. Kept checking the status of the order which was “pending” for days!!! I decided to call and find out why. So the reason I was told is that something is happening in the warehouse and that they will submit the claim and will send an email update to me. Right!!! Waited 2 days... still no changes. Just “pending”. Called again... same crap. 12 days later I get an email saying my order was canceled!!! Wtf?! So I call again and this time they blamed it on the Forever 21 credit card. Saying I should call them and find out why and then call THEM back and reorder. Is this a joke?! Ok so I call the credit card and they inform me that order was approved on the same day. I even confirmed that my name and address were correct.

I decided to reorder my dresses... only to get an email that it was also CANCELED!!! This time I write an email... Guess what their response is??? That the credit card had wrong billing address that didn’t match theirs. This pissed me off already to the point where I sent snapshots of addresses on file. Their answer: "Please call us to confirm billing address." So this morning I called and we are back to the BS about credit card and that I should reorder!!! Still waiting for the supervisor to call me. The customer service definitely has a paper that they read off of, because they all sounded the same with the same sentences and words. The most ** thing I’ve ever experienced with online purchases. Never ever order from them again people!!! The worst!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been haggling for 3 months for a package that was shipped to store, and lost in transit. My order was placed on April 21. I received an email shipment confirmation on the same day. One month later, the package had not been received by the store, and the order status still stated Shipped. I called customer service and was told they would investigate the matter, and I would hear from them in 3 - 5 days. Customer service never contacted me; the store did not receive my items; the shipping status remained at shipped. I called back in June. Same ordeal. Customer service told me they escalated the matter and would get back to me with results. Two weeks later no word from Customer Service; no package received; status still says Shipped.

I called Customer Service yet again, and requested that, since it has become evident my package was lost in transit, and as a customer courtesy, that my items be re-ordered and sent to me via express shipping as a courtesy. Customer Service informed me that PER FOREVER 21 POLICY they will not re-order the items, and instead, told me my only option was a refund. In order to process my refund, they needed to reach out to the store for a THIRD time and wait for the store's response. I frequently shop online and I have never before encountered a store that will go out of their way to displease the customer. Three months in transit with no receipt renders it obvious that package is clearly lost. I will go out of my way to tell anyone and everyone that I can about Forever 21's dishonest and fraudulent practices.

Forever 21 Company Information