1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

699 Forever 21 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We don’t live in a city that has Forever 21 so we have to drive over an hour to shop there which we figured wasn’t a problem since it would be worth the drive when Forever 21 was advertising 50% off on all jackets, outerwear, and sweaters. We get to the store and they have the sale signs over the entire store making sure to place directly on their jackets, outerwear, and sweaters. We pick out a few items all from the assumed sale racks and get to the checkout line only to be told that NONE OF THE JACKETS ARE ON SALE.

When we asked why are there 50% on jackets signs on the jackets but we have to pay full price for them they’re response was they don’t know!! They pointed to four blazers in an empty corner of the store stating these were on sale. The offer was a complete scam and the store was junky. This is the second time they’ve done this and it’s clear now it’s just a scam just to get people in the store under the impression there’s a sale when the items are still being sold at full price. I won’t be shopping at Forever 21 again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I wish I could leave less than one star. In all the world I would rank their customer service THE WORST ON PLANET EARTH. A gift card didn’t get to the recipient. Phoned to have it resent (how hard can that be right?). Waited online for an hour, told no problem, then chat went dead. Waited another hour “oh we can’t do that online”. Phoned. Waited an hour. Told “we shall resend. 48 hours it will be there”. 4 days later = nothing. Phoned again. “Oh we resent it. We will resend again”. Nothing. “Oh there must be something wrong with your email.” LOLOLOLOLOL. "Why are your promotion emails getting through then?" “Oh you should rebuy and we will cancel this one”. LOLOLOL. Um no. "How about you send to my email instead?" “oh we can’t do that”. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY BUSINESS IF YOU VALUE YOUR $$. Zero out of ten.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I made an order on December 17 and was charged twice. I have called several times and the customer service is horrible. I was told that it was an error of Forever 21 and that I would have my money returned back in 24 to 48 hours... I did receive the package and one transaction was completed on my bank card but the other transaction is still saying on hold. Today is the 23 of December and still the transaction is saying on hold. Tried to make another purchase (silly me) tonight but the order was declined.

My card information was saved but it still declined because you have to re-enter the CVV number on back of card but it still charged my card. How if the order was declined did it still charge my card. I will not be ordering again!! I tried to call customer service tonight but they were closed. Tomorrow I will be trying to reach them again. I think this company is stealing money and really need to be investigated. No telling how long it’s going to take to get my money back. Very dissatisfied customer!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered a skirt online to have delivered to my house. When I received notification via email my packaged arrive nothing came in the mail nor did the delivery man come to my correct door and knock. The delivery company that supposedly delivered was OnTrac. When I called OnTrac to find out why packaged was not delivered they told me the driver delivered to my correct apt building but not sure if it was to the correct address. The next day I called OnTrac back myself because they told me they going to call me back and never did. Later, I found out the driver went back to my apartment building to “retrieve” my packaged where he left it and could not retrieve it.

Then they tell me that they’re sorry about that and to contact Forever 21 for a refund. So thanks to a careless driver who didn’t deliver packages correctly, I made a complaint to OnTrac. Of course they failed to truly follow up and now forever 21. I keep calling and requesting a callback and no one has not reached out to me until now. Once I got ahold of someone she said she’ll send me an email regarding my refund and I have not received an email. Still now I have to keep calling Forever 21 back. This is exactly why I don’t like to have things delivered to my house. This will be the last time I have Forever 21 ship things to my house 'cause clearly they fail to care and so does the delivery company they contracted to deliver their merchandise.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I placed an order back in April. I didn't notice before I opened the bag that it had been previously opened and taped closed and some kind of yellow mailing sticker was stuck over the tape. When I opened it I discovered half of the items I ordered were missing. I immediately contacted customer service and they apologized and seemed very willing to help me. They sent me an affidavit form to fill out and send back, which I did right away. Some time went by and I didn't hear anything about it so I contacted them again.

Neither Forever 21 or Fed Ex would take responsibility for the missing items, and neither would refund the $40 that those articles of clothing that I never received cost me. I even mentioned that I still have the shipping bag and that someone could look at it so they could see that it had been re-sealed by someone either at Forever 21 or Fed Ex. The representative decided to re-open the "investigation" and told me I should have it resolved in a few weeks. It's December. 8 months later and I'm still waiting. The last order I placed I had it shipped to the store and I opened the package right there in front of the cashier so if anything's missing I'd have proof. After this experience and now reading the other reviews here, I may just stop shopping there altogether. They clearly don't care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Sign on the rack of cardigan sweaters said 50% off. Small print said limited quantities. Went to check out and cashier said that I can’t read and the sign said not limited quantities but it said selected items. Wrong. We checked all the signs and they said limited quantities. Manager was too busy talking to family or friend. Horrible.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Disgusting how the representatives speak to you over the phone. The representative was extremely rude and laughing over the phone because I was highly upset about my expedited package which I received days later than its expected date. Callback doesn’t not work so if you’re on hold for an hour just breathe in and out. Absurd!! I thought I was being a bit extreme with the disappointed but coming here and looking at the reviews just confirms. I don’t understand why this is not resolved already. Have a meeting about how you guys can treat your customers and make sure that packages are received on time. Stop online business and focus on in store sales instead. Main reason why I support local owned businesses.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

It has been a two months since my package was lost. I am 150 dollars out. I just called for the fourth time and they extended the "investigation" for another 10 days. Horrible horrible experience. I will never buy from there again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Email ID: **. This is regarding order no : **. The order was supposed to be re-delivered on 5th December but it was not. It was not even attempted. Then I was informed that it would be re-delivered on 7th December, which also did not happen. After calling USPS and Forever21 multiple times and hearing different resolutions - Forever 21 said it would be delivered by 13th December and apologized for this terrible experience but again on 11th December (today) there was no change in the shipping status.

Upon calling the customer service for the 4th time after an excruciating wait time each time now we were informed we have to pay extra to get our items re-delivered. For no fault of ours. So basically I have wasted over 2 hours of my life talking to customer service being given incorrect and unhelpful resolutions. My shipment is late by 6 days already and seems that it will be taking another 5-12 days.

This is has by far been my worst shopping experience ever and I am a loyal customer to Forever 21. I only write this email to inform you of the disappointment caused and the terrible communication from Forever21's support team. I don't know how but if you do not compensate me or make up for this I think this will be my last shopping experience with Forever 21. PS: I have all the chat logs where I was falsely informed of the item being in delivery and wrong delivery date promises.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I do shop all my clothes from Forever 21, but they Better work on their customer service 'cause it is literally the WORSE I have ever seen! I have been working for another retail company for over than 3 years and I know how guest service should work. The first bad experience I had with them is when I got a sweater and I washed it with cold water and on my hand 'cause I don’t like washing my new clothes for the first time in the washer machine. However, the sweater shranked, so I went and I talked to the cashier and he didn’t do anything about it. I asked for a manager hoping that she might do something about it, BUT she was so rude and she was like, "Yea you probably wash it wrong." The sweater was only $12, she could have been nicer and done something about it!

The second time, I got a belt online and it was big, but I had to cut off the tag so I can try it on. I went to the store and I was shopping and then I told the cashier that I want to do an even exchange for the belt with a smaller size and I did have my receipt. She was like, "Okay I will do the exchange this time even though the tag is not attached," 'cause I brought the tag with me...but she asked me to pay the difference!!! I was like, "Can I do the exchange for the same price," and she was like, "No..." So I told her then I just want to return the belt. She said sorry I cannot return it 'cause the tag is not attached!! :-/ I was so pissed. It is just a belt and it looks like it was new and tag and the receipt is there so what’s wrong with you!?? Bad bad baaaddd customer service and they don’t respect their customers at all... Cashiers are rude and don’t know what they are doing.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I was there making a return. There was an issue so the cashier had to called the manager or supervisor. I am not sure because he refused to say who he is. All he said was, "I am in charge here. The policy says I don’t have to give my name or anything to you." He had an attitude and was nasty. He yelled and screamed at me and said, "Get off my line" in front of all the Customer. I was so humiliated. He just didn’t want to deal with me. I was just asking him why am I not able to do a return when the item was not final sale. This is Ridiculous. People shouldn’t be treated this way. He uses his position to humiliated me. He didn’t want to do the return or explain anything to me so he just started to shout and yelled for me to get out. This is not my or friends first time getting nasty treatment from employees at Forever 21 (Queen Center Mall).

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

First and last time ordering from these guys. I ordered on Black Friday and my shipping date keeps getting pushed back. I'm so frustrated, contacted support. NO RESPONSE and it's been weeks. This company has no resources dedicated to customer service. Almost 3 weeks and nothing. SMH.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

A few weeks ago, Forever 21 had a 75% off sale so I ordered my 2 daughters each 3 pairs of jeans. Upon delivery, I discovered that all 6 pairs were the wrong size and way too big for them. We have a Forever 21 store locally so I decided to exchange them in store thinking it would be less of a hassle. WRONG! I explained to the cashier that I wanted the exact same jeans, just in the correct sizes (i.e. the sizes I ordered).

She personally helped me find the EXACT same jeans that I had ordered but in the correct sizes. I wrongly assumed that there would be no charge since I had exchanged the incorrect sized jeans for the exact same style; just in the correct sizes. Oh how wrong I was. They charged me $51! When I asked why, she informed me “Well you bought those other jeans during a 75% off sale. You don’t get those same sale prices when you return or exchange items.” Seriously?! If I had chosen different styles/shade/cuts of jeans when I exchanged them, I could understand the additional charges but, when I got the exact same jeans with the only difference being the sizes, I cannot fathom why I would/should be charged extra! I am very angry and will never buy/order anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I’ve ordered from Forever 21 once before and had no issues with shipping. It came in less than a week and they actually told the truth that time about when it would be delivered. My second time ordering from them is literal hell. I ordered on the 27th of November. I did standard shipping (supposed to be 3-6 business days for reference). I never got an email stating that my order was delayed. I tried tracking my order on their website and it wouldn't let me because it hadn’t even been prepared to ship or anything.

I contacted them through the live chat on the 4th of December. They were quick to respond. They told me that they would send it out the next business day and that the order would be here in the next 3 to 6 days. I checked the tracking number the next day (it finally worked) and it said it would be here the 12th of December. Which is already almost 2 weeks for them to ship. I checked again today and it changed it to the 14th of December. So who knows if my package will arrive or not.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been shopping at Forever21 for a very, very long time. I typically spend a good amount of money there every year ($1000+). I usually have a good experience with online shopping but not this time. On November 18th I placed an order online. By the 20th it said my order shipped but then I didn’t get my package a week later. I checked the shipping status and the date now said, “Ready to go”.

I tried calling customer service for DAYS. The wait times were always over 20 minutes, that is, when their phone service was even working. I tried emailing twice. I tried tweeting at them twice. I even tried to get on chat, of course their chat services weren’t working any of the times. I finally got a hold of a customer service representative and they said FedEx must have lost my package so she was going to file a claim. If FedEx says they lost it, I’ll get a refund. If they don’t, I have no idea; I wasn’t able to get a straight answer. The customer service representative, Diana, said I would get a confirmation email with the claim information. Surprise surprise, I never got one. I’ll be calling relentlessly until I can get my money back. They lost a very loyal customer because of this.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME BY LOOKING AT THIS WEBSITE!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND TELL YOU GO LOOK FOR YOUR PACKAGE. I wish I read the reviews before I placed my order which was 13 days ago, my order was lost in shipping. I called customer service, I was on hold for 26 minutes then the rudest representative answered. She said, "Call FedEx to find your package," then she hang up. I called another time and another rude one answered after 20 minutes on hold. He said, "If your package is delivered you can return it and get your money back otherwise you can't cancel the order," and we don't have any information about it. I will call my bank and dispute this charge. Hopefully I could get my money back.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Their shipping is crap. I placed my order and it took 5 days to ship even though all items in my cart were in stock. 3 weeks have passed and still no sign of my package. Don’t expect fast shipping, not the 5-10 business days I was promised for standard shipping in the U.S.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I placed an order 10 days ago, it hasn't arrived to the USPS office YET and I cannot get a hold of anyone to answer any questions. There are no agents to answer my questions via chat or through their customer service phone number. I have been trying for 4 days to talk to someone. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terrible customer service, after holding for over 15 minutes he Hung up on me & didn't give any real reason for incorrect advertising. Liars. When it comes to Advertising free express shipping & the 24 hour order being filled is a lie! I will not order from them again! Bad experience! DISHONEST company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ordered online. 3 weeks later order is still pending, I have tried calling customer service, been on hold twice for 30 minutes. No one to talk to. They don’t answer live chats or emails. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was purchasing a product online and placed the order with it being expected to arrive within 5-7 business days. I got a notification that the package was delayed in shipment and that the item may not arrive until a date that was 11 business days from when the order was placed. This is now an issue because I will be out of town starting the day before shipment is expected for a month to a different address in the same state. The day that I saw this change in shipment date I tried reaching out to Forever 21. Their phone number was not working during normal business hours even though I called multiple times. After their phone did not work, I tried using their online chat to reach a representative and they were unable to chat at the moment as well.

Lastly, I sent them an email due to that being the last source of contact. I had no response from anyone the entire Friday (when I did all of this in the morning) or during the weekend. Flash forward to Monday morning. I finally get a hold of someone on their "customer service line" and the agent was rude, unprofessional and kept saying my expectations were too high and that the item has already shipped so they cannot do anything for me. Keep in mind I tried reaching an agent the week prior when shipment was still processing. When I asked to speak to a manager she refused to let me. When during a call with a representative has an agent said "no you cannot speak to someone else?"

Finally, after back and forth arguing with a customer service representative, she said that a manager would be in contact within 24 hours. I have never experienced customer service this awful before. I have shopped here for over 5 years and now am hesitant to even support a business that has "policies" that make their representatives treat you like a back of dirt. Rant over.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought online boots, when they came one of the boot was damage and they had no tag not even the slip so I can return it... When I drove to the nearest store I ask for the exchange or return the money. I showed them that I bought it online but for some reason I can’t find email of the purchase. I told the manager to help me sort this problem. She was like laughing like at me that she can’t do anything and I should contact the customer service. Customer service I wait over 20 min so I decide to let them call me back. They never did, I wrote them email and on FB their page and I still get no reply. I don't know what Am I suppose to do with small boots without tags and damage. I am that rich to throw away money. So in one word customer service is very bad.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We tried placing an online order but the company was experiencing technical difficulties and couldn't honor the 50% off they were advertising. They gave us 30% off and told us the additional 20% would be credited once the items shipped. The items shipped and no credit was issued. We have called several times and were told several times that all managers were out at lunch and would call us back. We have never received a return call from anyone. All of the representatives on the phone are hard to understand due to a heavy accent.

They are not accountable, they could absolutely care less about providing even mid grade customer service. We have been lied to and told they cant give us their names or managers' names. We feel that this company is a complete fraud. We will not be shopping there anymore. Someone needs to step in and do something in regards to this company. After reading all other comments it seems that offering horrible customer service and running a completely unethical company is Forever 21's standard.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The last order I received was false advertising; the item was completely different from the item pictured AND the written specifications. They did not include a return form or receipt in my package, and after a week they haven't gotten back to me. They also sent me one shoe, (a singular shoe, for one foot) and failed to deliver a sweater and have nothing to refund me, will not talk to me, etc. They function like a scam, with false advertising, and outright lies in their return policy. Time to say goodbye forever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Don’t ever buy Forever 21 products online. They have the most terrible customer service I have ever seen. They are too greedy!! They canceled my order twice claiming it’s my fault... but the fact is because they had a Black Friday deal and they didn’t want to honor it. I don’t know how they still maintain a company. One of the worker told me she can’t give me the same deal even though it’s their fault to cancel my order and her reason was “Forever 21 isn’t as rich as other companies.” I swear to God that is what she said. How could that be a reason for them not to give satisfaction to their customers.

No wonder you're not as big, because you don’t value your customer complaint. If this company has owner you should look into your company because you're going to go bankrupt one way or another!!! I was talking to one of the worker through chat and he took me out of the chat before I even got help or answers for all my questions. Usually customer service ask if you have another question or concerned before kicking you out of the chat. I have a pic of it too.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The manager name, Christian from Customer Service promised me will manually process my 3 orders. Still pending after my another first 3 orders got canceled for their own problem. GUESS WHAT! After making a promise, my 4th order got canceled again. I guess my last 2 order will get canceled as well. I guess I order during Black Friday and spending more than a thousand on buying their clothes. That's why they need to cancel my order. Please do something with this company. I cannot believe that how they run the business.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE STAR REVIEWS TRUST AND BELIEVE THEY WOULD OF GOT NEGATIVE 50X. I just want to say you guys are extremely horrible of a company, with a very questionable customer service. Because of you guys I missed out on the 50% off because one of your agent told me to wait until midnight for a better deal. Yet upon calling customer service 4x asking for a supervisor who was supposedly will call me back within 24 hours was a lie in itself. I'm extremely pissed off at how you guys can run a multi-million corporate like this. I haven't got a call at all. I'm losing out money because you guys are not training your call center correctly and sad to say they need to learn how to speak more clear and less attitude.

I care that you listen to all the calls in regarding my phone number as to why I caught a voice with your agents because they sound like some robots that repeat what I already know you. You guys are suppose to be solution solvers ESPECIALLY if you guys are the reason why I missed out on something. And the first agent I spoke to kept saying there is a glitch in the system like 3 different occasion. You would think you would put your money in a system where it doesn't GLITCH.

Bad agents name Mary, Adrian, Bre (2x) because apparently the first one hung up on me because she couldn't handle the heat because the company doesn't give these agent any rooms to solve solution. I called again since she wanted to hang up, got her again who tried to play a different person -_- with the same name but tried to switch up her voice. But her attitude was the same on the defense. When I asked for a supervisor was nowhere around... Greedy company that can care less about their consumers when we are the one giving you the money. Cheap ** materials, cheap ** customer service, cheap ** website. Cheap ** period. Shame! I'm just in disbelief at your degrading company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I got a fraud alert on Thanksgiving Day for possible fraud charges. I pulled up my bank account and saw they charged my card 3 times for the wrong amount and 1 time for the correct amount. I called customer service, and was told "no worries, it's just a bank hold." When I said, "NO... It charged 3 times for the wrong amount and 1 time for the correct one," I was told because it was Thanksgiving, I was stressed out!!! UMMMMMM NO!!! YOU have me stressed out!!! Don't tell me what I am, and don't tell me to "no worries" because you have taken over $155.00 out of my account that was NOT authorized! She told me that since I would not listen to them, good bye and was hung up on! Wish I could give ZERO stars. I will NEVER shop online with this company ever again! Now my card has been put on hold and I can't shop TG and Black Friday sales!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Forever 21 has changed a lot since it’s debut. I used to find good clothes and deals before but now they’ve become a zoo. Their “web exclusives” are cheap third party brands that are misleading the consumer. The pictures online look great but the actual products are disgusting and doesn’t look like the online pictures whatsoever! When you try to return it they charge you for return shipping and the stores won’t return it. One store told me to take it to another store 12 miles away and I will be able to return it there but when I went they couldn’t return it either.

I finally made a big deal about it to the manager and they gave me store credit. The return to store credit process took 30 minutes because the cashier didn’t know how to return the order. I’ve then placed an order online with a store credit and forgot to use my coupon code. I couldn’t cancel my order right away from app so I contacted Forever 21 customer service via email 10 minutes after and was told to expect a reply in 24 hours. 48 hours later I still had no response so I sent another email, again no response. I finally called and I was told the order shipped and I was on hold for 15 minutes while the lady checked on my order to help me and she came back and said nothing could be done on her end after the order shipped but I could return my order and place it again. Then I asked to speak to the manager. I was on hold for a long time and the line got cut off. I will not be shopping at Forever 21 ever again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I gave 1 star because I can't give it a 0. I bought 122.00 worth of product, it was never received and now I am fighting this and they tell me that FedEx said package was delivered so they are so sorry I can't get a refund and FedEx said, "So sorry you lost your money," but it's not their fault. Delivery guys said it was delivered so then that is what happened. Please show me a Signature and I would proudly suck it up but no there is none and no one wants to do anything. I will never buy again from here. If you are not home to receive package please do not order because you never gonna see your product or money again.

Forever 21 Company Information