1.01/5

713 Forever 21 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Their shipping is crap. I placed my order and it took 5 days to ship even though all items in my cart were in stock. 3 weeks have passed and still no sign of my package. Don’t expect fast shipping, not the 5-10 business days I was promised for standard shipping in the U.S.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I placed an order 10 days ago, it hasn't arrived to the USPS office YET and I cannot get a hold of anyone to answer any questions. There are no agents to answer my questions via chat or through their customer service phone number. I have been trying for 4 days to talk to someone. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terrible customer service, after holding for over 15 minutes he Hung up on me & didn't give any real reason for incorrect advertising. Liars. When it comes to Advertising free express shipping & the 24 hour order being filled is a lie! I will not order from them again! Bad experience! DISHONEST company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ordered online. 3 weeks later order is still pending, I have tried calling customer service, been on hold twice for 30 minutes. No one to talk to. They don’t answer live chats or emails. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was purchasing a product online and placed the order with it being expected to arrive within 5-7 business days. I got a notification that the package was delayed in shipment and that the item may not arrive until a date that was 11 business days from when the order was placed. This is now an issue because I will be out of town starting the day before shipment is expected for a month to a different address in the same state. The day that I saw this change in shipment date I tried reaching out to Forever 21. Their phone number was not working during normal business hours even though I called multiple times. After their phone did not work, I tried using their online chat to reach a representative and they were unable to chat at the moment as well.

Lastly, I sent them an email due to that being the last source of contact. I had no response from anyone the entire Friday (when I did all of this in the morning) or during the weekend. Flash forward to Monday morning. I finally get a hold of someone on their "customer service line" and the agent was rude, unprofessional and kept saying my expectations were too high and that the item has already shipped so they cannot do anything for me. Keep in mind I tried reaching an agent the week prior when shipment was still processing. When I asked to speak to a manager she refused to let me. When during a call with a representative has an agent said "no you cannot speak to someone else?"

Finally, after back and forth arguing with a customer service representative, she said that a manager would be in contact within 24 hours. I have never experienced customer service this awful before. I have shopped here for over 5 years and now am hesitant to even support a business that has "policies" that make their representatives treat you like a back of dirt. Rant over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forever 21?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought online boots, when they came one of the boot was damage and they had no tag not even the slip so I can return it... When I drove to the nearest store I ask for the exchange or return the money. I showed them that I bought it online but for some reason I can’t find email of the purchase. I told the manager to help me sort this problem. She was like laughing like at me that she can’t do anything and I should contact the customer service. Customer service I wait over 20 min so I decide to let them call me back. They never did, I wrote them email and on FB their page and I still get no reply. I don't know what Am I suppose to do with small boots without tags and damage. I am that rich to throw away money. So in one word customer service is very bad.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We tried placing an online order but the company was experiencing technical difficulties and couldn't honor the 50% off they were advertising. They gave us 30% off and told us the additional 20% would be credited once the items shipped. The items shipped and no credit was issued. We have called several times and were told several times that all managers were out at lunch and would call us back. We have never received a return call from anyone. All of the representatives on the phone are hard to understand due to a heavy accent.

They are not accountable, they could absolutely care less about providing even mid grade customer service. We have been lied to and told they cant give us their names or managers' names. We feel that this company is a complete fraud. We will not be shopping there anymore. Someone needs to step in and do something in regards to this company. After reading all other comments it seems that offering horrible customer service and running a completely unethical company is Forever 21's standard.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The last order I received was false advertising; the item was completely different from the item pictured AND the written specifications. They did not include a return form or receipt in my package, and after a week they haven't gotten back to me. They also sent me one shoe, (a singular shoe, for one foot) and failed to deliver a sweater and have nothing to refund me, will not talk to me, etc. They function like a scam, with false advertising, and outright lies in their return policy. Time to say goodbye forever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Don’t ever buy Forever 21 products online. They have the most terrible customer service I have ever seen. They are too greedy!! They canceled my order twice claiming it’s my fault... but the fact is because they had a Black Friday deal and they didn’t want to honor it. I don’t know how they still maintain a company. One of the worker told me she can’t give me the same deal even though it’s their fault to cancel my order and her reason was “Forever 21 isn’t as rich as other companies.” I swear to God that is what she said. How could that be a reason for them not to give satisfaction to their customers.

No wonder you're not as big, because you don’t value your customer complaint. If this company has owner you should look into your company because you're going to go bankrupt one way or another!!! I was talking to one of the worker through chat and he took me out of the chat before I even got help or answers for all my questions. Usually customer service ask if you have another question or concerned before kicking you out of the chat. I have a pic of it too.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The manager name, Christian from Customer Service promised me will manually process my 3 orders. Still pending after my another first 3 orders got canceled for their own problem. GUESS WHAT! After making a promise, my 4th order got canceled again. I guess my last 2 order will get canceled as well. I guess I order during Black Friday and spending more than a thousand on buying their clothes. That's why they need to cancel my order. Please do something with this company. I cannot believe that how they run the business.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE STAR REVIEWS TRUST AND BELIEVE THEY WOULD OF GOT NEGATIVE 50X. I just want to say you guys are extremely horrible of a company, with a very questionable customer service. Because of you guys I missed out on the 50% off because one of your agent told me to wait until midnight for a better deal. Yet upon calling customer service 4x asking for a supervisor who was supposedly will call me back within 24 hours was a lie in itself. I'm extremely pissed off at how you guys can run a multi-million corporate like this. I haven't got a call at all. I'm losing out money because you guys are not training your call center correctly and sad to say they need to learn how to speak more clear and less attitude.

I care that you listen to all the calls in regarding my phone number as to why I caught a voice with your agents because they sound like some robots that repeat what I already know you. You guys are suppose to be solution solvers ESPECIALLY if you guys are the reason why I missed out on something. And the first agent I spoke to kept saying there is a glitch in the system like 3 different occasion. You would think you would put your money in a system where it doesn't GLITCH.

Bad agents name Mary, Adrian, Bre (2x) because apparently the first one hung up on me because she couldn't handle the heat because the company doesn't give these agent any rooms to solve solution. I called again since she wanted to hang up, got her again who tried to play a different person -_- with the same name but tried to switch up her voice. But her attitude was the same on the defense. When I asked for a supervisor was nowhere around... Greedy company that can care less about their consumers when we are the one giving you the money. Cheap ** materials, cheap ** customer service, cheap ** website. Cheap ** period. Shame! I'm just in disbelief at your degrading company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I got a fraud alert on Thanksgiving Day for possible fraud charges. I pulled up my bank account and saw they charged my card 3 times for the wrong amount and 1 time for the correct amount. I called customer service, and was told "no worries, it's just a bank hold." When I said, "NO... It charged 3 times for the wrong amount and 1 time for the correct one," I was told because it was Thanksgiving, I was stressed out!!! UMMMMMM NO!!! YOU have me stressed out!!! Don't tell me what I am, and don't tell me to "no worries" because you have taken over $155.00 out of my account that was NOT authorized! She told me that since I would not listen to them, good bye and was hung up on! Wish I could give ZERO stars. I will NEVER shop online with this company ever again! Now my card has been put on hold and I can't shop TG and Black Friday sales!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Forever 21 has changed a lot since it’s debut. I used to find good clothes and deals before but now they’ve become a zoo. Their “web exclusives” are cheap third party brands that are misleading the consumer. The pictures online look great but the actual products are disgusting and doesn’t look like the online pictures whatsoever! When you try to return it they charge you for return shipping and the stores won’t return it. One store told me to take it to another store 12 miles away and I will be able to return it there but when I went they couldn’t return it either.

I finally made a big deal about it to the manager and they gave me store credit. The return to store credit process took 30 minutes because the cashier didn’t know how to return the order. I’ve then placed an order online with a store credit and forgot to use my coupon code. I couldn’t cancel my order right away from app so I contacted Forever 21 customer service via email 10 minutes after and was told to expect a reply in 24 hours. 48 hours later I still had no response so I sent another email, again no response. I finally called and I was told the order shipped and I was on hold for 15 minutes while the lady checked on my order to help me and she came back and said nothing could be done on her end after the order shipped but I could return my order and place it again. Then I asked to speak to the manager. I was on hold for a long time and the line got cut off. I will not be shopping at Forever 21 ever again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I gave 1 star because I can't give it a 0. I bought 122.00 worth of product, it was never received and now I am fighting this and they tell me that FedEx said package was delivered so they are so sorry I can't get a refund and FedEx said, "So sorry you lost your money," but it's not their fault. Delivery guys said it was delivered so then that is what happened. Please show me a Signature and I would proudly suck it up but no there is none and no one wants to do anything. I will never buy again from here. If you are not home to receive package please do not order because you never gonna see your product or money again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a pair of heels for an upcoming wedding. At home, I cut the string and tried the shoes on to find that they did match well as I'd hoped. I was unable to locate the receipt and do contacted a store manager for advisement. I was told that they can't validate receipt of purchase via my card and because the string was cut the item is deemed unreturnable. So now I'm stuck with shoes I don't want. I will never shop with them again unless they implement a better return policy.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My sister purchased a skirt from their website, after arriving the product was not a skirt, was a cheap short, after a week we sent it back in its new condition with the tags, as we had no time to return it quickly, we sent it on regular shipping and was no far away, should have arrived in a couple of days. We receive note 2 weeks later, saying that they cant accept instore purchases thru mail, and we should send prepaid label to return it. Attached to the package was the return form, and all the information clearly stating that it was online purchased. They reply two days later saying that since it is out of return time they will not accept and if we not pay for the prepaid label they will throw away. FOREVER 21 ONLINE SERVICE SUCKS!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

This was not my first order from Forever 21 but let me tell you about this one... Long story short, I ordered a pair of black cargo pants. Belt was a little long but loved the pants. Wore them ONCE for a couple hours, washed them in cold water with Zero for dark clothing, hoping to preserve that rich black color. Pants looked like they had been washed over and over. Color faded and looked horrible. Terrible quality pants, didn't hold its shape... Contacted customer service and asked for a supervisor to call me back because they had been worn and washed so the return policy was not looking good for me. Nobody called back.

I contacted Forever 21 customer service and conveniently I was told by a manager (after insisting that I would hold for a supervisor to become available as I was not willing to wait for someone to call me back again) that it was too late to return the item and would have to try my luck at the store level. I did not buy this item in store, I purchased it online. The only good part of this story is that the manager at one of the stores did allow me to exchange the item for anything else in store of the same value or pay the difference, of course. I have had bad experiences with the quality of their clothing before but I know that stores change suppliers and quite often you can find some cute one of a kind items.

Forever 21 sells horrible quality clothing consistently, and customer service is extremely rude when you phone about online orders. Put them in their place and stop shopping at these stores that do not appreciate your business. Without us, there is no business. Have y'all seen the Forever 21 clothing in the Canadian stores for Fall/Winter 2018? Sasquatch looking nonsense and some weird funky looking nightmarish fashion no no no, never!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I ordered two dresses from Forever 21 on October 2. Returned it by mail October 10th. They received it Oct 14 (according to post office). It's now Nov 10th and I have yet heard anything about my return!!! Read other reviews, similar to mine... If you going to do a online purchase make sure you are able to, return it in a store!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I ordered two items online from Forever 21 in July 2018 to be shipped to the store closest to my house, figuring that this would be one of the quickest options as I was needing these items for an event later that month. Upon ordering it indicated that the package would arrive in 5-10 business days, it has now been OVER 4 MONTHS and the product JUST ARRIVED TO MY STORE. I was originally told that I would not be able to cancel my order and receive a refund, however I would have to wait until my package was delivered to the store and after 10 days if I didn’t pick it up, I would receive my refund.

It has been 4 months of ENDLESS phone calls and emails with NO RESPONSE OR ANSWERS so I still have no idea if I will even receive my refund for these products. I was a loyal F21 shopper, but this experience has been absolutely horrifying. Forever 21 should be ashamed in their disgusting, lack of customer service and business practices. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I ordered online, all 4 items fit horribly either too big, too small, thin and cheap looking. So I looked for my packing label so I can return them and there wasn't one. I called customer service and they said 2 of my items are final sale and the other 2 can't be returned to the store I have to mail back. Nothing in my order said anything was final sale. So now I've lost money on something I'll never wear AND I paid extra for express shipping. I'll NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Forever 21’s return policy for online order really sucks. I’m within my 30 days of return so I tried returning the item in my local store instead of sending it back spending more money on shipping. I was told it cannot be returned to my card. All I can get is a store credit or exchange it for something else. Smh. It’s basically telling people if you buy something online and it doesn’t fit or you don’t like it you’re screwed and can only pay more money to return stuff you don’t want after. I return this item and pay the rest of my card off. I’m done with Forever 21.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do not give them one cent of your business. I phoned in 8 times, and followed their directions on how to use a 50% off discount that I received, that never worked, and they refused to honor it after the order was placed, even though it was still within the time frame.

None of them knew what they were doing. The managers were even worse. They apologize but don't help at all. Absolutely horrible. If I could have returned the item to the store as opposed to mailing it back and paying for shipping I would have told them what they could do with their pants.

I will never again give them one cent of business. I tried to call the head office but it only lets you call straight back to the horrible customer service. Go online to various sites. There are literally thousands of negative reviews of Forever 21's customer service. I don't know why the company does not get their act together. Stay away and save your money. There are a lot of better retailers that care about good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Customer care definitely do not know how to honor prices when it comes to customer unsatisfactory towards false advertisement. Telling me there is a difference between the US and Canada which is understandable. Clearly I've always ordered from the site. Customer care does not help at ALL to find a solution, really frustrating. I have never been treated so badly the way this company keeps prolonging me in my entire life. For a supervisor to get back they have me waiting like an idiot, Very poor service. I have two letters from customer care stating that they were going to resolve the solution, once again they turn back on their word. Horrible Service!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This company is a fraud. I ordered a dress online in June amongst other items. The dress did not fit me so the next day I went to their retail store to return it. They scanned it and said the item was not in the system and that I had to return it via mail. So I sent the dress in the mail. After two weeks I inquired about my refund via chat. The representative that was “assisting” me said the dress had a no refund policy. I gave her the order number, the item number, a description and even the code for the dress. They said they would issue my refund within 4 weeks. The next week I contacted them again and they had received my dress but again stated that it had a non return policy. I provided all the information needed again… The exact information, nothing happened, they told me to wait.

For the next couple of weeks I would call them several times. All those times in which all of the people who answered the phone had the same conversation with me again and again. I provided for all the details and they kept saying the same thing as if it was a script they were reading from. The last time I called they said one of the representatives had been "trying" to reach my phone. I NEVER received any phone calls from them, not once. I decided to write an email explaining the whole situation. Providing the details again and even forwarding the email with the confirmation of my order. They said they would look for the item in the warehouse...

After calling and writing for 4 MONTHS they say: oh no! seems like your item was discarded because it was in the warehouse for too long. So they literally stalled my refund for 4 MONTHS. Just to say they discarded the item and that they wouldn’t refund me? They wasted my time and I wasted my money or more like they robbed me. I should have just kept the dress and fix it on my own. What a joke of customer service you have. I WILL NEVER EVER shop here again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a VIP member at Forever 21. I love everything they sell, sure, BUT they have horrible customer service when it comes to really needing something. I usually ALWAYS order online. This is the second time this happens to me and I got the same response. I ordered a bathing suit once. It was supposed to be XL but they sent L. So, I sent it back, and repurchased it, and they sent me L AGAIN! I needed the bathing suit for a certain day and I ordered way ahead of the day, but they messed up twice. So I asked the customer service representative if she could expedite my shipping because I needed it by certain day and it was their mistake. She simply told me no, there was nothing she could do. They said they’d give me free standard shipping and that was it. However, I ordered this maybe like a month and half in advance, and that’s all she could offer me after they sent me the wrong size TWICE and I called about it the first time.

Anyways, second time, so I ordered a shirt on 10/04, & I really needed by 10/11 for a concert. So, logical thing to do, I paid extra for Express shipping, I knew it would get here maybe in 4-5 days. So, I received my tracking number and shipping notice and even an estimated delivery date which said, 10/09. So, I receive nothing. I figured maybe it was a little late. FedEx tends to deliver packages in the evening sometimes. Today, 10/10, I look at the status online and it says only a shipping label was created. So, I call FedEx to see what’s going on. They say that the shipper (Forever 21) did not drop off the package at a FedEx location.

So, I call Forever 21 customer service. They thank me for being a VIP customer and then they look into what happened to my package. I was put in a very long hold, and she returns to tell me that my package was sent back to the warehouse. So, I explained to her that I needed it by tomorrow 10/11 and that is why I paid express shipping. So, I told her if they could send it to me so it would be here tomorrow. She puts me on a long hold AGAIN. She comes back to tell me they can only offer me Express shipping. Of course, I’m furious, I was a little rude because this is the second time they do something like this. They don’t care if you’re a VIP customer or regular, they will not help you farther than what you pay for even when it is their mistake.

I know they can send as “Next Day Saver” because it is in the shipping options. I know I did not pay for it, but I paid Express shipping a week in advance to reassure my package would be here by the time I needed it. However, they will not go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy even if it means having to pay a few more dollars. It was not my fault the package wasn’t here on time, it was theirs. I asked for a refund. There was no use of me having that item after the day I needed it. Their customer service is horrible. The customer should always be right and they should try to make them happy no matter what the problem is. & I WAS RIGHT & they still didn’t do anything to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a pair of pants & received them in the wrong size, so I returned them & got a full refund. Ordered them a SECOND time & received the WRONG item again, called customer service & they gonna tell me I have to pay for this item a THIRD time & sent pictures of the incorrect item, & they would send me a return label & as soon as the pants get back to the warehouse they would refund me! HELL NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I refuse to pay for a pair of pants a third time when it’s ** ups on their end. They have the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life! I wouldn’t recommend this unprofessional company to nobody!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I really like Forever 21, but never order from online! My package never came. When I contacted customer support, they gave me a form for an investigation on the lost pack. It's been 10 days and I haven't heard anything back. I have been emailing them for the last 2 days and I still haven't received a response.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

So I place an order online with F21, a store that I normally really enjoy and own a lot of clothes from (that were all purchased in store). When I first check out I use PayPal to pay and enter a discount code for 10% off. Everything seems fine until a few days later I get an email canceling my order. When I call up I find out that instead of using the correct billing address given on PayPal, they automatically assumed my shipping and billing ones were the same. So when my bank couldn't confirm the billing address they auto canceled the order. Ok, fine, annoying but I'll call up and replace the order. As it turns out, they can no longer honor the discount (despite the mistake being on their part) and charge me full price.

Forward a week and my order arrives, but one of the shirts is wayyy too big. Ok, I'll just return it in store! Today I got to the store to exchange the shirt and when it turns out they don't have it in stock I ask the lady to just order it online again for me right there. She does so, and it's all fine until I find out that I have to pay an extra $5 shipping charge because of THEIR mistake. Oh and she also entered the wrong address and never asked me to double check it so there's that.

Overall I would recommend NEVER ordering online. I ended up spending an extra $15-$20 when compared to my original order. They keep trying to squeeze more and more money out of you and refuse to own up to their mistakes. It's a disgusting business practice and the customer service is terrible. Please never make the mistake I made.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered some items over $100 from online. When two of the items didn’t fit I prepared them for return. I paid for postage $18 to send it back to receive a full refund. Which I never received and when I called customer service they told me this would take a month to receive the refund!! Still never got my refund back. The worst company I have ever dealt with and seen sooo many reviews of stealing customer's money and yet they are still in business. Mind blowing!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I've bought $104,68 in good on 8/9 and I've never gotten my items. When I talked to Forever 21 they made me fill out an affidavit and they would send for investigation. So I did filled out on 8/31 until today 9/19 they are still investigating. Do not buy from them. They are stealing!!! I will make a complaint with my credit card company. When I call them they say sorry but we are still investigating. I will never ever buy from them again.

Forever 21 Company Information