3.4/5 (2068 ratings)

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I've frequented this Dollar Tree at Hamilton Mill 2725 Hamilton Mill Road, Buford, GA 30519 at least three times a week. It's extremely convenient to my house and my job as well as the other shops I frequent. On several occasions, I've encountered a RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL older white woman who says she is the 1st manager. Her name is ** and if she's not the owner of the store why does she still have a job there? She is disrespectful to the customers as well as the other employees. I've witnessed her behavior quite frequently and asked her would she like if someone spoke to her in that manner. I even asked for a corporate number to make a formal complaint, she told me I could find another Dollar Tree to go to.

I've been a Supervisor for over 20 years and my subordinates are never treated with disrespect from me. I've heard her call an employee stupid and that was it for me. I will never enter that store again as long as she's employed there. I will encourage my friends, neighbors and co-workers not to patronize as well. Her behavior is deplorable and should be looked into. No one should be treated with such blatant disrespect **!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

This was a first for me...a pleasant, enjoyable experience at the Lehi, Utah Dollar Tree. The checkout clerk, Ethan was on his second day of the job, but you'd never know it. He was fast, polite, and generally concerned about if I'd had a positive experience at the store and if there was anything he could do better to help. He was a great example of someone working hard and proud of the company he is working for. When I asked how he liked his job, he said he loved it, he loved the people and he loved the customers, he stated that he hopes to be there for a very long time. He stated that the company is very disability friendly, and that really struck me, you don't hear that often - sadly that topic is generally considered negative or frowned upon and wrongly associated with disfunction - so I'm proud of Dollar Tree for being supportive of those with disabilities and empowering their employees to be happy and encouraging them to pursue their goals.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I watched the cashier pick up a customer money he drop, that she just helped and instead of giving it to him she put it in her pocket. Later I check my bank and she tries to double change my account and the bank fixed it. Please be careful shopping at the location at 6926 Antoine Drive Houston, Texas 77091 Store# 7921.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Store is giving out counterfeit bills as change. When confronted, they denied responsibility. They claimed since I was unable to test bill for counterfeit before leaving store (I don't carry a counterfeit pen in my purse), it's not their problem. Even though transaction had just accused and a camera is over teller.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

3611 Matthews Mint Hill NC store hours posted is different from actual closing time. I made a special trip to this store and arrived at 8:45P and the door was already closed. This is inconvenience to me and other customers, please fix.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Dollar Tree Online Shoppers BEWARE! I rarely use this site; but, they had a special on shipping. And, they have the least expensive bulk price for tissue paper (for gifts). VERY long story short, our items didn't arrive. Called Dollar Tree support to advise. Very poor customer service and they refused to refund the money for items we didn't receive. And, the representatives were rude. Wasn't much; but, it was still our money. I know these are tough times; and, most can't afford NOT to shop at Dollar Tree. My goal? Avoid using them if you can. And, DEFINITELY try not to order online. They'll keep your money AND your merchandise. Guess their unscrupulous business practices is how they stay cheap. Proves the old adage, you get what you pay for!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Beware of... Store #495. 1250 E Atlantic St. LaCrosse, VA 23950-1820. The worst experience ever w/ the cashier while checking out today. I was refused one more bag for purchased item from the rude cashier (possibly manager) stating it's Dollar Tree's policy that the customers get a limited number of bags due to bag shortage and I had already received two more than my limit. Interesting. If that were the case, okay, that's fine I get it. But it's not what you say, it's how you say it. And what he failed to realize was that he rang up two different orders from two different people on one ticket because he had such an attitude and wasn't paying attention when the customer behind me, whom I was with, told him it was separate. He had gone so far into the next customer's order that I told him to go ahead and ring everything together due to the long lines and his attitude.

He then proceeded to bag terribly, overfilling the already poor quality bags, putting cold wet food items in bags with washcloths and other dry items. We were just traveling through from out of town heading home to two different locations. Perhaps if he didn't have such poor customer service skills he would have actively listened and proceeded accordingly when being told that's not with her order, it's a separate order. With me being dumbfounded with what he was talking about and the way in which he was speaking and waving his hands. I'm just like, "Well so you're telling me I can't get a bag to put this bleach in that I just purchased." No he said. Okay let me just get out of this store. He also stated that if you need more bags you need to bring them with you.

That is fine as well, however if you're going to be a store that provides a limited number of bags you need to make that clear to your customers upfront. And not wait for someone to purchase a large amount of items expecting to get their purchased items bagged, then tell them no it's only a certain amount. That's crazy to me. I don't work for dollar tree, I don't know their policies. If we would have known that they no longer bag everything, perhaps we wouldn't have stopped there, perhaps we wouldn't have made such a large purchase, perhaps we would have chosen another store, or maybe we would have had bags. Who knows.

So, as I'm trying to get out of there as quickly as I can, with him following of course as though I have stolen something, I'm a thief, and trying to run away, not realizing that there is a bar on the cart as I get to the door and I can't go through (still not realizing there is a bar) due to the production he was starring in, he and my traveling companion are having words. He's going to involve "me" telling myself and she that "we" are banned from the store. If we come back, we will get a trespass and get arrested. I'm like what have I done to you other than shop at your store, made a larger purchase than expected because you weren't paying attention ringing up two orders and one, and try to leave out the store. Then he proceeds to step right up on me and grab the handle of the cart as I'm in the doorway holding the cart.

He stated you don't know how to operate this, referring to the cart and bar. At that point I let go of the cart, hold my hands up and tell him to please not hit me with the cart or touch me. I did not realize there was a bar on the cart. I did not have the cart originally. I'm just trying to get out of the store, don't put your hands on me. An argument you're having with a totally separate person, whether they're with me or not, has/had nothing at all to do with me. The only correspondence that I had with you was asking you so I cannot get a bag for this item that I just purchased and telling you to calm down and not touch me, that's it. I have never, ever in my life been so ridiculously caught off guard, disrespected in a public place with lines long and so many people in there just watching. And it just so happened that my companion and I were the only people of color in the store at the time. Interesting.

Then to tell me that you are going to ban me from the store and if I return you will trespass me. Really? I don't know where they got this cashier or manager or whatever his title is I don't know but they need to send him back. In no way, form, or fashion is that customer service or management material. I have to interact with people on a daily basis and if you cannot handle an uncomfortable situations/conversations, disgruntle customers, if you cannot communicate effectively and properly, if you cannot listen actively, customer service is not the place for you sir.

Also you should never come up on a person, get right up on a person and grab anything near them, especially when you had no reason to come behind me or even near me for that matter. And grab the cart as though I was stealing and trying to make a mad dash for it. I call that no self control. That's bad for business and quite dangerous if you ask me. I hope you don't try that with the wrong person. Perhaps some anger management is in order.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Store manager of store 6151 in Mountainview, NJ is extremely unhelpful and rude. I am a senior citizen and the store manager refused to retrieve an in stock product for me and told me to come back in a few days.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The sign you can read from the parking lot lists their hours as 9 PM closing. If you get out of your car and walk up to the door, they have a very small sign saying they close at 6 PM. I talked to the manager at that store and she said there is nothing they can do.

Original review: March 27, 2022

After taking the items out of my basket that I was purchasing I placed it on the floor at an unused register next to me where there were other baskets. The cashier told me it doesn't go there and to put it back where it goes about 10 feet away by the front door. She started saying profanities & acting like she was going to come after me. I asked for a manager, Ashley who said that, "Like when you go to the grocery store and return your cart you do that here too." I said, "I don't work here and you know what? Keep my stuff. I'm not spending my money here." The cashier yelling at me. I said, "What's your name," she screamed, "Natalie. You **". I was so scared and shaking. She acted like she was gonna come after me. I can’t believe that a young girl would treat a customer like this.

Dollar Tree Company Information