Dollar Tree

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I visited Dollar Tree Mountain view twice recently and was quite satisfied. I was really astonished that they were able to sell things so cheap compared to Walmart or Safeway etc. and of no less quality. True, part of the restroom was also used for storing, but that was indicated too and it was not cramped. The restrooms (I mean the actual toilet rooms) were quite clean and hygienic, more so than I found in some Walmart or Safeway shops. I inquired how they were able to make profit at all but I was informed it was or is one among the Fortune 500 companies too. I really appreciate the way they run and they work the shop and especially with so crude and rude customers as Americans.

I did not know there was a new rule about not putting service dogs in shopping carts. One of the reasons I did not know is because no one ever bothers me about the dog. She only weighs 3 pounds. If I put her on the floor, like Cindy insisted, she could have been injured by feet, shopping carts, falling merchandise, or unattended children.

There was no benefit of the doubt. She could have been courteous and ask me if I knew about this new rule. She didn't care if my dog could be injured. She just started screaming at me, at full volume! She is one of the two most nasty and rude human beings that I have met in all my 65 years. And without question, she is the nastiest store clerk that I have EVER encountered! I cannot recommend shopping at this Dollar Tree store. I am almost a Quaker and I do not believe in any kind of violence. That includes verbal violence. I'm hoping I can report her to the Dollar Tree Franchise. Her behavior is way out of bounds!

While I was in their store, I needed to use their restroom. I couldn't because the area where it is happens to be in their storage room. It’s so crowded with boxes and the rolling carts they use for their stock, you cant even get to them. What do the poor employees have to do, wear diapers? The back door, which I am pretty sure is supposed to be an emergency exit, was also polluted with them. It looks like it’s a tragedy waiting to happen.

On more than one occasion I have gone in this store and can't find what I need and mainly it's because shelves are not getting stocked, the stock room is so full it's busting at the seams, it never use to be like that. I ask one employee if the might be a certain product she commented back to me saying "I don't work with this stuff". I have to ask someone up front, needless to say I left but not without taking so pics first, which I added below.

Shopped at this store on 7-22-2017 in Granbury, Texas. Purchased about 30.00 worth of item. Only had 100.00 bill. The girl at the check told me she didn't have the change to give me back and had to call her manager. The manager came up. The girl told her she needed change. The manager told her if she did not have it in her drawer she could not do the sale and that she had already made her deposit so therefore she couldn't do the sale. "I'm Sorry" was all she could say. I did not purchase a thing. I left the store. I shop in that store quite a bit. I will not be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

I visited the Dollar Tree store on 2300 W. Davison Ave Detroit, MI 48238 on 7/22/2017 between 10 am & 11 am. I chose to walk to the store in order to get exercise. I selected my items & went to the checkout line. I asked for a big bag instead of several small ones to make my walk easier. The bag was starting to rip so I requested it to be double bagged. The cashier went on about how the bags weren't designed to hold a lot of items & how it's reserved for paper products & how the company didn't send her enough bags so she couldn't give me anymore... blah blah blah. I asked again for a double bag. She started talking back excessively & saying I was rude. I left the items on the counter & walked to another associate to ask for the manager. It turns out the cashier, Sandy, was the manager.

Then I asked for the # to the corporate office. She said, "I ain't getting you nothing. I'm done finish taking care of my customers 'cause you rude." I couldn't believe that she called me rude when all I asked for was a simple request that didn't require any type of response; not one word. Instead I got a bunch of sarcasm from a disgruntled employee. Ultimately, I ended up leaving everything at the counter & going to another store owned by a different company with awesome service.

I shop at the Dollar Tree at the Southgate Plaza in West Seneca, New York. Every time I go in there it is filthy but today (7/20/17) it was the worse I ever seen, The rugs looked (and I might add should be replaced) like they haven't been vacuumed in months. Apparently they were cleaning shelves and just left them with the dirty paper towels just left on shelves and all over floor. The store is never fully stocked. I have gone to other stores in the area and they are immaculate. I can't believe a business such at years allows the store to look like a pig sty. Shame on you.

The Dollar Tree store at Quincy and Buckley in Aurora Colorado has boxes all over through the aisles and it is hard to pass. There are items everywhere that don't belong off of walls and shelves scattered about. It is easy to slip on the plastic of packages laying on the floor. I have never seen such an impossible mess in a store before. Don't know if it's lack of help or what but this will result in a lawsuit when a child has a box fall on them or someone elderly slips on the mess. The store needs to be told to clean up.

The build up: The store#4163 is a store that I visit often for the low prices and convenience. On 7/1/2017 I purchase bag of Moments cookies along with some other items for my wife and I. After opening the bag to enjoy the cookies, I was disappointed to find out that the cookies are out date and stale. The conflict: After driving back to the store to exchange the cookies for a new bag the store manager Angele ** refused to give me a exchange or even return it. After a short time of explaining how it will be difficult to tell if a closed pack of cookies are fresh without opening it. The manager Angele ** then called the police. Confused and in disbelief I left the store with my wife disappointed in the lack of respect.

Yesterday, 07/06/2017, my husband, son, and I visited the Dollar Tree at Hilltop Plaza in Richmond Heights, Ohio. About of the way through our shopping trip, we had an odd encounter with an employee. I had paused at the freezers, looking for a particular item, which I did not see, then continued down the aisle. My husband and son remained behind, I had assumed to continue looking.

As I passed the aisle midpoint, a male employee entered the aisle near the registers and began yelling and gesturing toward the back of the store, "Hey! Hey! Close that freezer! Close the door! Close it!" I turned around to see that he was yelling across the store at my family. I gave the man a funny look, and asked my husband if he had found the item he was looking for. He said no because that man had started yelling. I laughed and said, "What? We can't open freezers to purchase frozen food anymore?"

As we finished up our shopping the situation weighed on my mind. It wasn't funny, it was incredibly rude. When we got to the register, I asked the cashier (the only other employee in the store) if that man was one of the managers. She laughed and told me he was the store manager. I asked her for the District Manager's number, but she instead called him to the front. She called him Dan, his name tag said Dane. I did not catch the cashier's name, but she was an elderly woman with long graying blonde hair. I told her that I didn't want to speak with him, I wanted his boss, but she told me she did not have that information.

When he appeared at the register, he simply stared. He didn't ask how he could help or what was needed. I finally spoke and told him I'd like his District Manager's number. He told me there wasn't one right now, and asked me why I needed it. I told him that I intended to make a complaint about the inappropriate way he yelled across the store at my husband and child. He put his hand in my face and told me he was not giving it to me for that, and then proceeded to scold me for allowing them to play in the freezers, which, he mentioned, had just been fixed that day. He accused them of being immature and writing their names on the inside of the doors. I repeated my statement that it was inappropriate for him to have yelled at them, to which he responded that he had asked them 3 times to stop. The manager was rude and actually yelled at my child!

At this lie, my husband interjected and corrected him, stating that he did not ask, but had only yelled. He started to walk away, talking about people not behaving appropriately in public, but did backpedal his statement, saying he was only 20 feet away. When I told him that there were other, more professional ways he could have handled it, such as approaching my husband and asking him to please close the doors, or explaining they had just been repaired, he rolled his eyes at me. I also told him that a simple apology could have diffused the whole situation, but his response was to tell me that I needed to keep my little PUNK in check. My 8-year-old son stood by silently throughout the incident on the verge of tears. He had been with one or both of us throughout the entire shopping trip, and had not been misbehaving.

At that point I pulled my card from the reader and told the cashier to cancel the transaction. She tried to tell me that she couldn't cancel, but I put my card away and again told her to cancel it while I place the bagged merchandise on the counter. The last items I placed were a broom and a long-handled dust pan. After I had walked away to return the cart (I was two registers away), she yelled at me, "You didn't have to throw it at me!" I assumed she meant the broom, but she could have been referring to something else. I apologized, told her I did not throw anything, but that it probably fell off the pile, apologized again, and reassured her that it was not my intention to start trouble with her as well. She responded with, "Whatever", and began ringing up the next customer's items.

Throughout this situation, I was calm and polite, but I was treated with nothing but contempt, spite, pettiness, and absolutely the RUDEST behavior I have seen in retail. Having worked most of my life in customer service, including having worked AT THIS STORE in the late 1990s, I know that everyone is human and has off days, but I also know that this behavior was completely unacceptable. As a manager, your staff takes cues from you, and you need to be able to handle a variety of situations in a calm, polite, or even friendly manner. I will not return to this store until there is a new manager.

While checking out at Dollar Tree at 800 Harris Street in Eureka California, I was approached by management who accused me of stealing and demanded I empty my bags. When I said I had no problem doing that but I wanted it to be in the presence of security or police, and I would wait for that, I was approached in a very confining and aggressive manner by a little big boned girl who works there. She puffed up her chest, got close in my face, and said to fight with someone my own size. Then I was denied being able to purchase the items I brought to the checkout and told to leave. Before I left I emptied my bags just so they couldn't later say there was anything stolen in my bags.

I have heard numerous reports of this type of conduct at this specific store from many other people. Now I know what they were talking about. It was a very intimidating, rude, unpleasant, and embarrassing experience. I will never enter this particular store again, and I think something should be noted about this stores ongoing issues related to this.

I visited the Dollar Tree in Bensalem, PA on 7-27-2017. This was the WORST Dollar Tree I have ever been in! It was so cluttered, dirty, and just asking for a lawsuit with junk all over the floor to trip over. Candy was on floor opened and spilled, the products on the shelves were disorganized and cluttered. Opened boxes were all over the floors with aisles clogged. YUCK! I felt so DIRTY in there. NEVER have I seen a Dollar Store this FILTHY! Where is the District Manager for this pig sty???

I went into the Dollar Tree in Forestville, on June 24th and the store had no air condition. I went back today and the store still had no air condition. The employees are working under terrible condition with the temperature being in the high 80s and the door constantly being opened. I would like to see the condition improve shortly.

The new store in Immokalee, Naples FL, what's wrong with the air condition? Every time we going oh lord the air condition is off or broken? When I ask the cashiers only said, "Really. Maybe is broken. I don't know.” #2 Lines only one cashier and 100 customers online... It sucks. #3 Please. It’s nothing to seat around the stores a bench or seat, I’m a older woman and this stores is huge, I loved but please may concern about the those 3. Thank you.

My husband and I were in the Oak Ridge store today. We had two very loaded carts, over $200 ticket. Frances and Shine took care of us. They were fast, accurate and friendly. We were impressed with their service and wanted to share our experience with everyone. They were fantastic! Thank you!

I usually and have never written a review for/against a company. However, I had to write my review for this specific Dollar Tree which I go to quite often. I am usually treated with respect and a lot of help except that when I come to a cash register worked by this Hispanic lady who claims to be disabled and even show me her cane. I am a legally disabled person; therefore, unable to only carry light stuff (as in a light bag). I asked for someone to help me with my groceries to my vehicle (which they usually do) because I am unable. However, for the 2nd time this Hispanic lady makes me look like a fool in front of other customers saying that she is disable too and that she is working (not sure what she's trying to prove).

Since the first time she offended me, I try to use some other open cash register but today there was only one cash register open so I had no choice than to go on this line but get offended (for the 2nd time) by this Hispanic lady. I called (877) 530-8733 to make a formal complaint regarding this Hispanic lady who works at the cash register at the Dollar Tree location of 6138 W. Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI 48209. I am now waiting to see if they return my telephone call.

Kim, the manager of the Dollar Tree store in Federal Way and her employees always give great service. They are always cheerful and courteous and if I need assistance finding a particular item, they will go out of their way to assist me. They always make me feel welcome in their store.

STORE: 505 PIAGET AVE CLIFTON NJ 07011 Store manager: ** Sales Associate: **. I wanted to check out on Father's Day and this rude sales associate would not say hello and kept rolling her. I asked for a bag and she threw it at me. Horrible experience and store manager was called at 1505 hours and hung up the phone when told an associate complaint was needed.

While visiting Store 3051 at 2250 Sparkman Drive, Suite 1100, Huntsville, Alabama, I noticed a distinct difference in the appearance and readiness of the store to serve the public. The floors were nasty, items for sale were scattered all over the floor and into the aisles creating an accident prone environment. There were very few items on store shelves compared to when Mr. ** managed there. It has been a very high volume store. Mr. ** kept the shelves stocked, floors clean, and aisles cleared. He greeted shoppers and worked hard for THE DOLLAR TREE! He was a good and respected manager and should be rehired!

I passed Dollar Tree many times and though they were like every other Dollar Store, that boast 1 dollar, but have items priced much higher. No, Dollar Tree is the real deal, everything is a dollar. This is my second day shopping there, I just got back, and I'm very pleased. I can buy items that or 2 to 3 times the price in regular stores. The books they sell, are even cheaper than Goodwill, a "non-profit store." Some book are 1 dollar Goodwill, but some are priced as high as $4.98. Sure you could bargain them down to $3.00, but that's still higher than a dollar. Many people claim that the goods are close to expiration date. Well, I have yet to see any items that were close to expiration date, and I just spent about an hour in a Dollar Tree. I walked down almost every single isle, looking for items to buy.

I bought a frozen loaf of Garlic bread that expires in May 2018. A loaf of Garlic Bread at Publix would cost over $3.00, more than 3 times the price. Yes the taste is as good as, or better than that Cole's Garlic bread at Publix. All the seasons and spices at Dollar Tree are a Dollar. At Publix, the same sized spices can range from $2.50 to $5.00. The organic, or imported spices at Publix spices are even more expensive. I bought a 7 ounce bar of Yardley Soap for only a Dollar. That same name brand soap is .98 cents for 4.25 ounces at Walmart, and as high as $1.75 at other retail stores for that same 4.25 ounce bar. Dollar Tree is now my main retail store for grocery, bath products, office supplies and kitchen wares. I grow most of my produce organically, so no need to buy from stores at their super inflated prices.

I suggest you Dollar Tree investors and execs to put these stores in poor ** communities, because it's much cheaper than Winn Dixie and corner store prices. I live in a Spanish community and there are two Dollar Tree stores within 9 blocks distance, but none in the ** communities. There are expensive Family Dollar stores in ** communities. There are also many family services, welfare offices in the Latin communities, but very few in ** communities.The same applies with the Goodwill stores. Stop the inequalities. Stop the discrimination and favoritism. Stop putting ** at the bottom of the barrels of society, because you will have to account for this behavior on Judgement Day, all of you false servants and unholy ones. Repent, and do not practice partial treatment. God is impartial, and so should you be.

P.S. I must also warn you that some of the snacks at Dollar Tree are labeled partially created using genetic engineering. I read the labels and do not buy those products. I have only seen this with their granola and oatmeal bar, soft cookies, and their mixed nuts/fruits packages. Reading is fundamental people. Read the labels for fat content and GMOs. Read the Holy Scriptures to learn how to behave in this life, because we are rewarded only one of two options in the next eternal life... Heaven or Hell.

I bought a product called Coralite "Pain relief patch." Nowhere on the package does it say this product contains natural rubber latex. However on its website it does. I called the DT and a very UNINTERESTED MANAGER spoke to me. I told her I could have been dead in ten minutes had I applied this to my skin. She simply told me to return it for a refund!!! I told her it must be reported as someone could die. She told me to go to DT website and contact them there. So I did. There was no way to contact them, no email address and no phone number. So I call her back and she says she would report it. SHE DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT. I had to ask her if she knew the name, she said no. So she really doesn't care if someone applies this to their skin and dies!!!

We went to the Dollar Tree in Los Fresnos, Texas to buy some frames that we needed. They end of being the wrong size, and two of them were broke, so we returned them the next day. We put two back into the wrapping packet, and even used the same plastic bags the clerk gave us. We wanted an exchange for the frames. The clerk Rosa took them out of the wrapping packages, threw one away, and one Rosa told us she gave the plastic bag away to customer with the wrapping inside. Then Rosa told us she couldn't give us an exchange because they were not in the package, when she took them out and threw them away. I'm sure there is video at the store.

Rosa called the manager, Magda. When Magda got there, Rosa "magically" had the bags. The manager (2 weeks) sided with the lying clerk, and telling us we were wrong. We called customer service, and they told us for the unopened exchange was the store's choice, so all we wanted was new frames, that were not broken. Magda didn't want to do the work for the exchange, and said she had to be in the back in the warehouse, instead of in the front with the customers. They kept saying they could not do it, they could not do the work, when eventually they did.

On Sat 5/27 I purchased some bread from store#1264 20800 Hesperian Bl. Hayward, CA. On Monday 5/29 my son noticed the bread was moldy. I returned to the store for an exchange as the package said best by 6/5. I went directly to the cashier and tried to hand her the bread & receipt while I get another loaf to exchange. Before I could finish telling her, she raises her voice and says, "No, I'm not returning this, you should have came back Sat." I tried to explain it wasn't moldy then and the date said best by 6/5. She continues to be rude and accused me of doing this all the time.

I was very insulted and embarrassed because everyone was staring. She was so out of control. Another employee told her to stop. I asked for the manager but was refused. She said she was busy on a lunch break. I've tried to call the manager twice today with no luck. The woman who answered, ** had an attitude as well. The first time I said. "May I please speak with the manager," and she says she's not available. I ask when does she think she will be available. She said 10-15 minutes. I wait about half an hour, try again. This time I get told she's at the register. When I again ask about when I should call back she says 10 minutes with an attitude like I'm bothering her. This is no way to treat paying customers. I would think they would be more concerned about a customer possibly getting sick from moldy food but apparently not.

I purchased a coffee mug marked Royal Norfolk, Greenbrier Intl, "MICROWAVE SAFE..." on the bottom. The ceramic used becomes lava hot after < 1 minute in microwave and causes severe burns when grabbed in microwave.

I think it is irresponsible/unAmerican to sell our national flag made (very cheaply at that) in a country that is definitely a human rights abuser. I realize that China is only looking out for themselves, but why should American businesses uphold that by sending our manufacturing abroad. Three Customers in line behind me gave me the thumbs up when I complained to the cashier. I know it is a matter of $$$$$$ on the businesses part to send merchandise abroad, but when it puts our workers on a unemployment line, is that right? Our #45 POTUS is guilty of this and seems to care less, although bringing back manufacturing to America was one of his campaign promises. I try to buy made in the U.S.A. as much as possible, but it is becoming more difficult. These cheaply made flags... The cashier said they were "flying" out the door... Is really, really shameful.

The Store Manager Rebecca gave her brother who also works there 24 rolls of paper towels for $2.00. When myself and the other 2 ladies in line said, "I'd like a package of those," she replied, "That was a promotional package and we are out." I'm in there every week and I assure you the Dollar Tree has never sold 12 rolls of paper towels for a $1.00.

I was shopping at the Dollar Tree located on Tully Road in San Jose and was ignored by the manager when I needed help, Betty was her name and this isn't the first time I had this happen to me. I was furious and was almost out the door until another employee approached me and asked if she could help me with anything, Now that's customer service! Thank you to your employee Laura. Very helpful and kind. I honestly had intentions of dropping your store but changed my mind after receiving the warm customer service I should have gotten in the first place. So if you can please let your employee Laura know that she's doing a great job!

First of all, My wife is employed with Dollar Tree (against submission policy regarding "Fake" submissions. I can't see any "Fake" about this). Second, this is not a shameless plug for her or for Dollar Tree, but intended to express a consumers perspective about consumer experiences with Dollar Tree specifically. So if this does not get published through Consumer Affairs, I have a copy that I will still attempt to publish through other avenues. I do not qualify for submission, but the only way to submit it was to check the box. So feel free to trash it if it doesn't meet your qualifications or allow you to market to me, I don't want any services from you, I just want to educate the consumer about what I think of corporate Dollar Tree.

I've read many reviews and I understand the law of discontent, that it is more likely that someone will express dissatisfaction than express above average experiences. That being said, I've had it up to my ears with Dollar Tree's lack of respect for the store level employees. I cannot possibly expect anyone to believe my wife's commitments, loyalties, and dedication to her job, but for what I've put up with for the last 6 or 7 years is absolutely heartbreaking.

When she started in I think 2001 as a cashier, it was a GreenBacks All-a-Dollar store. She excelled into a management position rapidly as Dollar Tree bought them out and changed them to Dollar Tree's. Life was okay, she really enjoyed her job and found tremendous satisfaction in retail, occasional bumps and challenges but workable in the life of employment.

For the last 6 or so years, I've seen corporate do everything in their power to strip any job integrity from the store level and convert it to stock value, i.e. the appearance of stock value to its investors. I've seen corporate eliminate any unnecessary expense from the store level like radio, morale building incentives, and dependable support like vacuums, especially adequate labor. All while increasing expectations and demands for productivity. It's no wonder there are so many negative Dollar Tree customer service issues that get submitted to Consumer Affairs.

I've searched and searched for ways to get my message to anyone that gives a rats ** about store level conditions without incriminating myself or my wife, but to no avail. I can't find ANY contact through their web based system that I can anonymously submit any genuine complaint about Dollar Tree's treatment concerning where the real money for corporate comes from, and that's the store level employee. I honestly feel that profit and corporate image is all they care about, and that as long as they can milk a breathing person to serve with all their blood and livelihood, they will continue to strip any dignity from managers and cashiers alike.

The salary wage dispute recently didn't help things either. When corporate was threatened that they would have to pay overtime for salaried managers if the manager made under a certain amount, they raised the starting manager salary to just above the threshold (to avoid paying overtime). Then when the law didn't pass, corporate lowered it back down (to avoid paying anything more). Had the law passed, and they kept my wife at her previous salary, my wife would have easily made double plus because of overtime (not in Dollar Tree's interests I'm sure).

The problem here is that of expectations from corporate at the store level. Over the years they have added intense amounts of clerical documentation that the managers are responsible for yet they have also cut the amount of labor they are allowed for anyone on the hourly scale. So the manager now has to do such unreasonable amounts of labor to fulfill corporate's expectations. This creates a very unbalanced "Win-Lose" situation where corporate wins, and salaried managers lose.

I get that people need to make a living, and jobs are necessary, but every angry, abusive, defiant, ignorant, loud, and aggressive manager can be blamed on corporate greed. They milk every bit of time and effort out of the salaried managers because they know if they demand 80 to 90 hours a week out of loyal managers, they can get it and not have to pay one dime of compensation for it.

Just a few short years ago, the salaried requirement was 55 hours a week for a manager, now it's 60 or 65 hours a week I think, with zero increase in compensation. Looks good in the egg head corporate office, but reality is that it takes commonly 70 to 80 hours a week of reasonable (based on the quality of employee) effort to complete what corporate is demanding. I find it totally logical that Dollar Tree store managers are frustrated, stressed, upset, angry, and enraged. How do they release it? On the customers and family. Believe me, I've prayed and hoped for years now that there was some way to get my wife the hell out of Dollar Tree management. She is upset, angry, frustrated, definitely overworked, and way under compensated for what she does.

So for all the consumers out there, take your chances shopping at Dollar Tree. Most likely you will experience negative customer service. Once I thought they were a great company, but now my opinion is that the only reason they push those thumbscrews so damn hard is to get the flashy stock image that their company appears hot. Yet the revenue really comes from the employees that are literally killing themselves to serve Dollar Tree. Quite pathetic if you ask me, and not flattering at all.

So yes, I've been in many Dollar Tree stores that look like a bomb exploded in them because they don't provide enough resources to get quality employees or enough labor to get done what needs to get done. On top of that, they then expect the managers (salaried remember, they are required to work as long as it takes to get the job done) to pick up the slack and contribute all the necessary time to work without logical compensation to get the job done. Angry, insulting, unresponsive customer service? Yep, blame corporate greed and disrespect for store level employees for customer disrespect, anger, insults, maybe even violence at Dollar Tree.

I'm furious about what my wife has to go through to make her store look so good. I want my wife back. Dollar Tree has imprisoned her in the throngs of corporate expectation. I still cry often wishing there was a way that she could love her job again, she used to. Even now, with all these frustrations, she still delivers amazing customer service. If you don't believe me, just visit any Dollar Tree, then visit store 2645 in Providence, Utah when she is there, which is likely. I would think that any deep investigation into Dollar Tree would reveal criminal behavior from corporate, but I suspect that this would become Coup de tat and my wife along with all the other store level employees will suffer and lose at the hands of corporate greed. Great how our culture can accept such a win-lose situation as this.

We have shopped at The Dollar Tree in Runnemede, N.J. for years and it has been a great store but over the last year it has become a horrible place to shop. The employees and manager there are Nasty and rude to customers. You ask them where something is and they just can't give you a decent answer, when they see a customer looking for something they turn and walk the other way so they would not have to answer your questions. When Checking out there are lines of up to 15 people and the manager will walk by without opening another register. The floor area is cluttered just waiting for someone to fall. The store is dirty and looks like it has not been cleaned in a year. Dollar Tree would be smart to just close this store because they have lost half of its business. Where is the district and regional managers to let this stuff go on here.

I work at a public high school as the prom coordinator. Our school's prom theme this year is Wish Upon a Star. Dollar Tree had some really cute 10 inch star shaped pillows that played "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," when you pressed on them. The prom committee was SO excited! They thought the pillows were very cute and would make a nice favor to put at the back of the chairs. In fact, they chose these pillows over other items we were going to have custom made. We needed to order over 400. We were told that once the store called us, we had to pick up the stars within a week. Because we were approaching Spring Break we were hesitant to place the order immediately, worrying that we wouldn't be in the school when the phone call came, and that the stars would end up being shipped back to HQ. So, we waited until after Spring Break, then ordered the stars and awaited Dollar Tree's phone call.

When we were finally called, we were told there were 17 boxes and we need to come get them ASAP. We borrowed a 20 foot moving truck and excitedly took it to pick up our 17 boxes. Each box was surprisingly small. That should have been our first clue, but it wasn't... After loading the boxes and getting them back to school, we opened one and were instantly disappointed. They are not 10 inch stars. They are more like six inch stars (from point to point... at a stretch). They are nearly half the size of what we ordered and will not sit up as a back cushion for the chairs at prom. On top of this, more than half of them are broken and do not play "Twinkle, Twinkle." I went back to the website to see if I had misread the post. Nope, ten inch stars.

When we called Dollar Tree to see if maybe we had been shipped the wrong product, we could not get anyone to call us back. When we finally did get in touch with someone, after continuously calling for about a week, we were told we needed to wait to speak with someone in particular who could tell us whether the ten inch stars actually existed. Another few days passed. We called back. The customer service representatives we spoke to couldn't figure out what went wrong. She kept asking us if we wanted the six inch stars. We wanted to know if the ten inch stars existed. She couldn't tell us. After several more days of not getting anywhere when we called Dollar Tree, we went back to the website. The post had been changed. It no longer advertises ten inch stars. They are now advertised as being 7 inch stars (which is also misleading, because they ARE smaller) and there are no 10 inch stars.

After weeks of trying to figure out if we had been sent the wrong item, or if the item had simply been mis-posted, we hear no apology from Dollar Tree for the inconvenience, and no compensation from Dollar Tree for the lost time, and investigation that ensued because we couldn't get anyone at Dollar Tree to figure out what had happened. In fact, today, I spoke with the head of Customer Service who basically told me that it was not Dollar Tree's problem that it will cost us money to have them returned to the store, and that I should bring them in a few boxes at a time if I wanted a refund badly enough for them. We are a public high school and do not have unlimited funds. I am just a teacher and I already spend enough of my own time and money working for nothing. To be told by a business that I should spend more time and money to correct their mistake is just appalling.

Not to mention, it is now too late to order a replacement for the prom. We have wasted so much time trying to sift through Dollar Tree's disorganization, that we are left with no time. I will not be shopping at Dollar Tree in the future and I will be posting this review on any other review sites I can find. This was not the response I expected from a local business. I can not believe that Dollar Tree is content ripping off a school.

Dollar Tree Company Profile