3.84/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Dollar Tree

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dollar Tree Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Dollar Tree 8020 in Gibsonville NC is awesome! The store is very clean and organized and the staff is very helpful. We are thrilled to have them close by. They are always well stocked and super friendly to customers. It’s always a pleasure to shop there.

Original review: March 1, 2019

This store was well stock of items I would buy. This is clean and well in con. The hours are great because they are open long time during the week. I like that. The staff are very helpful and are very nice to speak to. I would recommend this store in Stevens Point WI 54467.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Ever since it's opened here in Canton South Ohio, I am a frequent customer. This is one of the few Dollar stores that is always clean and very well stocked, employees and especially management is friendly and very helpful, it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Just had the worst management experience ever at the Georgetown Kentucky Dollar Tree. Kelly, the “manager”, was rude and shouted across the aisle at me. Selena at checkout followed her example and mouthed off.. Poor management and outrageously rude treatment.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I took items back not knowing they do not give refunds, that you have to exchange. Was told to count the items that I was returning and come back thru that line when I had new items. I counted out 15 items and left them laying at the register. I went and grabbed 15 glasses. Got back to the check stand, nobody in front of me. Cashier watched me unload 15 glasses onto the belt and then proceed to tell me was going on a break. I said "You have got to be ** me!" He said not, flipped his light off and walked off. I have never cussed at a cashier until today. Unbelievable!!!

Packed them back up and went to the only other cashier working and said I guess you're the lucky one. He rang them up and then rang my return items. He proceeded to pack the glasses in bags with no wrapping around them. I said, "They are going to break" and he said, "I don't have enough paper". I grabbed the paper from the next stand and wrapped them myself. I have never been so mad. Had the cashier told me before I unloaded them, I would have gladly gone to another register. Almost like he did it intentionally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I just paid for a product that I needed, a triple antibiotic ointment! When I got home, the box was empty, so I went back to Dollar Tree and let them know! They told me they couldn't do anything about it! They refused to replace it and give me one that actually has a product (that I paid for, but didn't get) in it! So, afterwards, I had to go to Rite Aid & purchase another triple antibiotic ointment for my hand!! I had to go back to Dollar Tree again, because I realized they hadn't given me back my receipt! I did get my receipt back again & I told them I was going to go to the police about it and contact Dollar Tree!

I want this experience to be known by the CEO's and Owner's at Dollar Tree! This experience should never happen to another customer!!! It was shameful and embarrassing! On top of that Dollar Tree stole my Dollar, besides tax!!! I want to report this experience to Consumer Affairs & all of the Owners & CEO's at Dollar Tree, so this does not happen to anyone else!! There were 3 managers there all refusing to replace my product! And all of the customers were laughing at me! I have reported this to the police! Also, I've been a customer at the Dollar Tree since you first opened in 29 Palms, CA--as well as my family! The manager who helped me was, "Beatriz!" Three Store Managers allowed this to happen!!! Extremely poor customer service!!! A shameful experience & they never reimbursed me for the product I paid for!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Out stock for two weeks. I visit the store on 8-21-2019. Spoke to the manager. He said that they just got a truck in but he make sure to tell me. I didn't have time to look and he was out in 5 mins. I went back 8-27-2019. The aisle was the same as last week. Today he said they fill certain aisle each day and tomorrow the toothpaste was going to get done? I think he needs to be replaced. He has nothing but excuses and the cashier there right now is her first day. I heard her tell another customer and the manager is sitting in the office and the whole store is a mess, freight all over and that's a shame. That store is fairly new.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I was just in your South High store in Columbus, Ohio and the manager on duty was rude and nasty. She was yelling at the employees, one even walked out on her because she was running her mouth. Which I don't blame her. I left without buying anything. Something needs to be done about the management of that store or you're going to lose a lot of business.

Original review: July 20, 2019

They used to want to know about your in store experience, and provide a way to give it right on the receipt. Now, there is no way to do it. I’ve searched the Dollar Tree website, and finally found a link that says: “Who to contact if you had a bad experience.” But when you click on it, it says that the page has timed out and won’t allow you to proceed. So I’ll do it here:

The store # is 2779 in Clemmons NC. Sales associate: **. Date 7/18/19. ** is rude to customers. I asked her twice how she was doing, and she totally ignored me, and only said the words that she is required to say. “Did you find everything ok?” Never made eye contact, never smiled. And when she gave me the receipt, never said thank you, never said anything. Just held out the receipt as she was turning to the next customer. With a frown on her face. I would not want her to work in my store. People base their opinion of the store by how they were treated.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The Leesville Louisiana store zip code 71459, is the worst Dollar Tree I have ever been inside! It is filthy dirty. The floor is sticky with spills all over it. The shelves are messy and the entire store is in disarray. There are always boxes and messes everywhere. I use to enjoy shopping here, but I won’t anymore. I’ll drive 20 more minutes to the next town.

Dollar Tree Company Information