3.4/5 (2060 ratings)

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: June 7, 2022

Store manager of store 6151 in Mountainview, NJ is extremely unhelpful and rude. I am a senior citizen and the store manager refused to retrieve an in stock product for me and told me to come back in a few days.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The sign you can read from the parking lot lists their hours as 9 PM closing. If you get out of your car and walk up to the door, they have a very small sign saying they close at 6 PM. I talked to the manager at that store and she said there is nothing they can do.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2022

After taking the items out of my basket that I was purchasing I placed it on the floor at an unused register next to me where there were other baskets. The cashier told me it doesn't go there and to put it back where it goes about 10 feet away by the front door. She started saying profanities & acting like she was going to come after me. I asked for a manager, Ashley who said that, "Like when you go to the grocery store and return your cart you do that here too." I said, "I don't work here and you know what? Keep my stuff. I'm not spending my money here." The cashier yelling at me. I said, "What's your name," she screamed, "Natalie. You **". I was so scared and shaking. She acted like she was gonna come after me. I can’t believe that a young girl would treat a customer like this.

Original review: March 16, 2022

This morning I witnessed an elderly woman, with a walker, easily in her 80’s, needing to use the restroom. The employee just kept saying “it’s broken”. Isn’t there a law in California that these businesses must provide a bathroom? Can legal action be taken for the disregard to shoppers in need? Especially the elderly? And if it’s broken what are the employees doing?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I went there over Christmas time for shopping and found the employee was drunk; behaving very wildly and unruly. When I noticed it to Manager she took no further action. How could one show up at work while drunk? Stay away this junk place unless you want to look for trouble...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have shopped years at the Dollar Tree on Rogers Ave store in Fort Smith Arkansas. The manager Jessica has yelled at me for asking about products. I tried to call corporate! To complain but no real person! I did leave my name and number with another store manager named Anna, now I'm getting employees try to fight with me! I also had a lady name Donna telling people in Walmart I steal from there! I would like to see this on camera!!! I will not be going back in this store without someone with me and I will have my phone on filming my visit! I will not take this abusive or bullying behavior again!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I usually go to a Dollar tree when I go out of town since I live in the country. I happened to be Christmas shopping with my toddler and went up to the cashier and asked if I could use the bathroom. She said, "No. Only a manager can unlock the bathroom." Clearly marked as public restrooms. She would not go back and unlock the facility for my child and I. I will no longer go to your store and will also let friends and family know that you are not a family friendly store and will take my business to Dollar general as well as tell family and friends. You should take the time and take care of your customers. You have too much competition to have employees that do not have any customer service. Makes me sick to my stomach knowing you guys wouldn't even open your restrooms to a mother and her toddler. Put yourself any someone else's shoes!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I go to this store often and have not ever had an issue until today. I was not the cause of the disturbance at Dollar Tree. I asked the cashier Kenta to properly ring my merchandise individually. I remained on the premises after I was viciously verbally assaulted by the cashier, Kenta. Her behavior was very aggressive and unprofessional. She then called the police. I didn't do anything wrong. At the time the manager, Erica returned inside the store to assist in completing my transactions.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Updated on 12/19/2021: After I wrote the review regarding my online order with Dollar Tree, I emailed the company's online customer service line and requested a refund as the items we ordered had not been shipped. Dollar Tree emailed me back to say "unfortunately" they were unable to issue a refund. The items still had not been shipped. Finally, on December 16, 2021 we received an email from Dollar Tree saying the ordered had shipped and would be delivered December 18, 2021 (which was a full 10 days later that originally stated). We got the order and many of the items were broken! See the pictures. There was no bubble wrap or protective packaging in the box. Part of the items were dirty and dingy looking. At this point I will never order from them again.

Original Review: On December 2, 2021 I ordered some Christmas Tabletop decorations from Dollar Tree. First the item was listed as out of stock, then it showed there were some available. My daughter called the Dollar Tree Distribution Center in Joliet, IL and was told that there were some available. We went on the Dollar Tree website and ordered 1 carton (which is the minimum order quantity). The online order form stated that shipments to a home address would arrive on December 8, 2021 and orders shipped to a store for pickup would arrive December 11, 2021.

After I placed the order my daughter and I checked the website a couple of days later and typed in the Order Status/Tracking Information which first showed no such order existed. Afterwards we called Dollar Tree Customer Service where a representative looked up the order and said that it was in the system. Needless to say, we were skeptical about the order.

When I called a few days later to again check on the order the customer service person said that the trucks (UPS) were running behind schedule and the order should arrive on December 11th. When I asked the represented about the change in arrival dates, she blamed it on UPS trucks. Each time I check the order online, the status is always "In Process" with no shipping date or other information. I don't think Dollar Tree has even shipped the order. Dollar Tree needs to be upfront and honest as to whether they have the item, whether it shipped or not. We have people waiting for these tabletops to use them in decorating; however, we are not sure where these items are or if they ever shipped.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

You literally have to kick through trash to get into the store. Dalraida Commons store. We love Dollar Tree, but the trash and filth in the parking lot is disgusting and ruins our clean community. Help.

Dollar Tree Company Information