2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5
Based on 1,005 ratings submitted in the last year

Dollar Tree Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2020

During these days of Social Distancing I find it appalling that you have disabled online ordering so you "can keep your stores as full as possible". I have always used your store for business supplies but may rethink that and will share this with others. You are FORCING people to contact others. I am BEGGING you to open Online ordering to help STOP the spread of this virus.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I placed an order for 2 cartons of tissues, as I have bought them before with no problems. Both my husband and myself are disabled and over 60, he is also in the middle of chemo, so we are unable to get out very often and order necessities in bulk. My order went through and I was given an order number. I received an email thanking me for the order and telling me it was being processed. I received another email 7 days later, stating one carton went on backorder, so I would be sent one and the other would be sent within 30 days. Then I received another email stating that my entire order had been cancelled, I would get nothing, and my charge would be credited. I cannot believe they charged me before even sending the order out, that they made me wait around 10 days before telling me, or that they decided people who placed orders later than mine deserved it more.

Now with the coronavirus problem, I am unable to even get Kleenex anywhere where I live--something that wasn't a problem 10 days ago. My husband needs these, they have taken away our options of getting them someplace else, but said we could reorder them at a later date, after the coronavirus threat is over. We need them now, not months down the road. I am so tired of dealing with this company, customer service is a joke. I will never buy anything from them again--either online or from a store.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Good morning: Today Friday March 6, 2020 I walked into your store #4177. The first you could hear is the manager (no name tag) and an associate having a personal work related inappropriate conversation that was very loud you could hear from the back of the store. A customer and her child were ready to check out and you could tell that she was very upset about her experience in the store that morning, she asked the associate if they had any more of a certain product, the associate asked the manager that was standing close by if they had any, the manager dismissively just said no, the customer asked, "When would you have more," annoyed said, "I don't know."

The customer turned and asked the associate if she was the manager and then called her out of name. The customer was unacceptable, but quite honest, I was thinking it. The manager told her to leave and she was pointing the finger at her and told her she had 3 seconds before called the police. The customer was gathering her things and her child to leave and the manager kept yelling at her to leave and not to forget her child. Well that unfortunately made everything worst because it turned the conversation to how she was ready to fight the customer, again very loud.

I approached the associate and asked for the corporate number, she asked why and I said I had my reason, she called the manager and asked for the number, the manager asked me why and again I said I had my reasons. She said she did not have it. I asked if I could provided feedback in private. She very loud said that I can say what I want right there, at the register. I told her that the customer was out of line and that was unacceptable, but that the customer behavior was not without provocation. Her response was "this is the way I am, this is the way I talk. I will not apologize for the way I act or what I talk about." I said ok and left. I left feeling like I was leaving a dangerous back alley where curse words are being used and talk about violence. My hope for this email is for the manager and associate to take a course in retail workplace environment and customer service. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

The dollar tree in Suwannee county...Live Oak Florida is a mess. The store stays dirty.. Stock always sitting on the aisles, went in on a Tuesday.. Stock piled everywhere.. Went back Wednesday and Thursday.. Same stock sitting in the same spot. Hadn't even been touched.. Clean it up.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I enjoy shopping there because my total is always easy to calculate since all items are $1.00. I also feel very easy and not rushed in any way and the people who work there are very nice and personable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I ordered a box of 24 "tool Bench Paint Sets." I received notification they were shipped. 5 days after the date they were expected to be delivered I inquired as to the whereabouts of the product. Not satisfied with being told, "We can cancel the order and reorder and you'll have the product in 5-7 business days." I spoke with "Ellen" the supervisor in Customer service. She found out the product was "out of stock" and could only offer a refund.

She was unable and/or unwilling to call one of the many Dollar Tree stores to arrange for them to ship me product they have on their shelves. Dollar Tree failed to deliver product that they had confirmed was shipped. GOOD NEWS. FIVE STAR review status to a manager from a local Dollar Tree who I contacted who was more than happy to call other Dollar Tree stores and she arranged with them for me to have the product the next day! That's service! Bottom line- Deal with your local store and avoid the online store.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Dollar Tree is my favorite store. They have a good selection at a very fair price. I shop Dollar Tree before I shop Walmart. I save lots of money shopping at Dollar Tree. The workers there where I shop are always very friendly. I feel good when I leave the store. I shop at the Hoquiam Wa. Location. To me it's a very nice store and overall a good company. That's my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We purchased some dishes at our local Dollar Tree store. Unfortunately they did not have the matching bowls and mugs locally and told us that we could order them online. We placed the order and when we finally received them, there was absolutely ZERO packaging material in the box and everything was broken. When we say ZERO we mean ZERO. They simply shrink wrapped the bowls and mugs together and threw them in an empty box where they bounced all around. We contacted Dollar Tree via email and also included high res pictures showing them how they were packaged. Dollar Tree sent us a replacement and sure enough, they were packaged the same exact way and were all broken again! Even after we took the time to take pictures and clearly explained how they were not being packaged properly. The local stores may be fine but the ONLINE Service SUCKS!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Over the years I have patronized the store located at Harbison Court, Columbia SC. The store is in state of disarray...the shelves are ransacked, numerous out of stocks, and apparently no attempt to provide even the most basic of conditions. Today I visited the location, and no effort had been made to recover from the holiday season. Five days after Christmas and total mayhem! Where is the necessary guidance and competence to bring order to this landfill?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Dollar Tree 8020 in Gibsonville NC is awesome! The store is very clean and organized and the staff is very helpful. We are thrilled to have them close by. They are always well stocked and super friendly to customers. It’s always a pleasure to shop there.

Dollar Tree Company Information