3.7/5 (290 ratings)

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I went there over Christmas time for shopping and found the employee was drunk; behaving very wildly and unruly. When I noticed it to Manager she took no further action. How could one show up at work while drunk? Stay away this junk place unless you want to look for trouble...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have shopped years at the Dollar Tree on Rogers Ave store in Fort Smith Arkansas. The manager Jessica has yelled at me for asking about products. I tried to call corporate! To complain but no real person! I did leave my name and number with another store manager named Anna, now I'm getting employees try to fight with me! I also had a lady name Donna telling people in Walmart I steal from there! I would like to see this on camera!!! I will not be going back in this store without someone with me and I will have my phone on filming my visit! I will not take this abusive or bullying behavior again!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I usually go to a Dollar tree when I go out of town since I live in the country. I happened to be Christmas shopping with my toddler and went up to the cashier and asked if I could use the bathroom. She said, "No. Only a manager can unlock the bathroom." Clearly marked as public restrooms. She would not go back and unlock the facility for my child and I. I will no longer go to your store and will also let friends and family know that you are not a family friendly store and will take my business to Dollar general as well as tell family and friends. You should take the time and take care of your customers. You have too much competition to have employees that do not have any customer service. Makes me sick to my stomach knowing you guys wouldn't even open your restrooms to a mother and her toddler. Put yourself any someone else's shoes!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I go to this store often and have not ever had an issue until today. I was not the cause of the disturbance at Dollar Tree. I asked the cashier Kenta to properly ring my merchandise individually. I remained on the premises after I was viciously verbally assaulted by the cashier, Kenta. Her behavior was very aggressive and unprofessional. She then called the police. I didn't do anything wrong. At the time the manager, Erica returned inside the store to assist in completing my transactions.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Updated on 12/19/2021: After I wrote the review regarding my online order with Dollar Tree, I emailed the company's online customer service line and requested a refund as the items we ordered had not been shipped. Dollar Tree emailed me back to say "unfortunately" they were unable to issue a refund. The items still had not been shipped. Finally, on December 16, 2021 we received an email from Dollar Tree saying the ordered had shipped and would be delivered December 18, 2021 (which was a full 10 days later that originally stated). We got the order and many of the items were broken! See the pictures. There was no bubble wrap or protective packaging in the box. Part of the items were dirty and dingy looking. At this point I will never order from them again.

Original Review: On December 2, 2021 I ordered some Christmas Tabletop decorations from Dollar Tree. First the item was listed as out of stock, then it showed there were some available. My daughter called the Dollar Tree Distribution Center in Joliet, IL and was told that there were some available. We went on the Dollar Tree website and ordered 1 carton (which is the minimum order quantity). The online order form stated that shipments to a home address would arrive on December 8, 2021 and orders shipped to a store for pickup would arrive December 11, 2021.

After I placed the order my daughter and I checked the website a couple of days later and typed in the Order Status/Tracking Information which first showed no such order existed. Afterwards we called Dollar Tree Customer Service where a representative looked up the order and said that it was in the system. Needless to say, we were skeptical about the order.

When I called a few days later to again check on the order the customer service person said that the trucks (UPS) were running behind schedule and the order should arrive on December 11th. When I asked the represented about the change in arrival dates, she blamed it on UPS trucks. Each time I check the order online, the status is always "In Process" with no shipping date or other information. I don't think Dollar Tree has even shipped the order. Dollar Tree needs to be upfront and honest as to whether they have the item, whether it shipped or not. We have people waiting for these tabletops to use them in decorating; however, we are not sure where these items are or if they ever shipped.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

You literally have to kick through trash to get into the store. Dalraida Commons store. We love Dollar Tree, but the trash and filth in the parking lot is disgusting and ruins our clean community. Help.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

They have name brand items for a dollar.. Each store I go to there are either two or three people working there and no security and very long lines with one cashier who might have to wrap up disrespectful or get balloons or both. They all deserve a raise.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Used to be a favorite store. High Springs Florida Dollar Tree. But over the last few months it has become an awful experience shopping there. Today was the worst. I think one of the women may be too old to be working there. Slow and cranky. Seems to mess up the entire atmosphere. She was especially rude to me. I tried to return an item but it was not in the original packaging material so they couldn't take it back. No biggy. But she made a huge commotion about it. Like I was trying to pull a fast one on the company. I mean REALLY!!! She moved her arm very fast towards me and it connected with my hand and started screaming, "Don't touch me!!!" I let it go and did my other shopping.

While trying to check out with my purchases she made it a point to come over to the register, glaring at me and warning the cashier that I could not return the stupid item. I wasn't even trying to return it. I was just trying to check out my other purchases. It was insult to injury. What an awful experience. It has been very unpleasant shopping there for several months now. To be honest with you I wouldn't go there to pass stool in the restroom. I think it is this one very old woman who making it nasty there. There doesn't seem to be any way to lodge a complaint with Dollar Tree. If there was I would. But next best is to write the review.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

Follow up to my other review. When I left the customer service rep the correct billing and shipping address to be change in their system, she said she would forward it to the correct department. When I called back after it shipped to the wrong address, the supervisor told me that they are not allowed to change addresses. Question, how did I get billed with the wrong address in their system? On the original order confirmation, both addresses are incorrect. On the shipment confirmation, my billing address was changed to the correct address that I had given them. So they changed the billing address so they would get paid, but did not change the shipping address. That makes no sense.

The package was refused, however, because I had lived there so long, one of my neighbors took it. I did speak to a customer service rep named Sharon, who was not only helpful but understands what her job is. She actually contacted UPS to see where the package was actually left. Through too much effort on my part, it was found.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I placed an order online, changing my address. There was a glitch in the system which changed my order. I logged out and in again and made sure addresses were changed again. When I hit submit, the previous address populated the completed order. I called Customer Service first thing Monday morning to explain. The rep said it would be corrected. Of course, it was not. Dollar Tree is making it my problem finding my package. I have moved and don't know who lives there now. I asked for a refund and a reship. They said I have to make a good faith effort to "find my package" myself and what I ordered is now out of stock. They told me I would have to check every day to see if it is back in stock to reorder. If this is customer service, I don't get it. How much of their job do I have to do.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I made a mistake on the keypad at checkout. The cashier called the manager (I could be his grandma) for help. He told me he couldn’t change anything and he ripped off the sales slip and shoved it in my hand. I asked for help and not only did not get help, I was treated rudely. Getting old is no fun but to be treated as yesterday’s trash is worse.

Dollar Tree Company Information