2.95/5

364 Dollar Tree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have been going to the Dollar Tree for 20 years in East Aurora. The store has progressively gone downhill. Dirty carpeting needs replacing. Posted on Facebook. Sales manager for region called me. BUT, he hired a new person (Emily I think) who is good. BUT, store is disgustingly dirty. They say they need a new vacuum cleaner. Go on Craigslist and get a used one then.

Plus, the carpeting needs replacing. Sales manager says yes, but company won't pay. Duh, every day a different employee is tasked with vacuuming. Sales guy quoted me a $100,000 to replace carpeting - oh please, should be less than $3-4,000 at most. And, said store didn't have sales equal to one on Transit. Duh, one on Transit is three times larger. Sales per square foot is the measurement. And, I like the intimacy of the small store and better goods.

Original review: April 23, 2019

When my friend and I walked in, we asked about the bathroom. The lady ignored us and then told us rudely that the bathroom was located in the back. So we went to the bathroom and there was another employee. She went to the bathroom first, which wasn’t the problem. But when she came out, she blocked the bathroom off and then told my friend and I to get out of her way. She then proceeded to slam stuff. It was extremely cluttered and the bathroom was disgusting. Not one to leave bad reviews usually, but it was ridiculous the way employees were treating customers.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I went into the store with a pair of readers to exchange as these were blurry when looking through them. The sticker was still on the lens and template, clearly indicating it was their product. Dealt with a female clerk that scolded me in front of 5 customers because I did not have my receipt. I told her I threw it away right I bought as I had no idea they would be selling defective products. I had bought two pair at the time, one I tried, thus realizing the problem and took other back for exchange. Outside of embarrassing me with her company policy, she shamed herself by telling me to leave, even though I was polite through the whole idea. I will never go back into another one as it seems they are always short on help and most people who work there are rude.

Original review: March 1, 2019

This store was well stock of items I would buy. This is clean and well in con. The hours are great because they are open long time during the week. I like that. The staff are very helpful and are very nice to speak to. I would recommend this store in Stevens Point WI 54467.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I decided to try Dollar Tree in person to save a few dollars. Boy was I wrong. The products break easily, quality isn't all that great and I have found you have to double check the tag on the product as they often lie on the packaging. I purchased some towels I thought were 100% cotton said the tag. Turns out they were dusting towels 100% polyester. Product quality is inferior and after you've purchased five items you might as well go to a real store and purchase it full price and have it last a lifetime.

Customer service is horrid and this is not making me want to come back. Some cashiers do not pay attention to where they are going and will just run into you as they're headed to their destination. They don't apologize but cover their face and hope you don't say anything. Customers are just as bad and cut you off and do not care about friendly shopping. Cashiers only acknowledge you because they have to. Half the time they're not all that nice and it's obvious they hate their job.

Most of the stores I've been into are dirty and could really use a professional cleaning. Don't even bother to ask where the bathroom is. Barely gets cleaned if at all. The clientele in my local area do not make me feel welcome in the Dollar Tree I would like to shop at. How else do I say the clientele are racist and do not want ** in their neighborhood. Due to the fact this is a free country they discriminate against you rather than ban you. No I do not recommend shopping at Dollar Tree. It's a waste of your money and you'll get a couple uses out of a product then toss it. You're actually wasting money shopping here. There are better discount stores with better products. You just have to find them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

MANAGER ROSARIO TOLD ME ** YOU AND ** - I went to do my shopping at this place today February 26 of 2019. One of my children needed to use the bathroom really bad. I asked the cashier to please open the door of the bathroom for me. They called manager Rosario. Manager Rosario waited for me at the bathroom. There was a misunderstanding between she and me on how the merchant cannot go in the bathroom without being paid. I was OK with that but her anger increased to such level that she said discriminatory words against my children. I told her to stay away from us as my child was getting scared with her threatening behavior. She looked at me and said **. My child started to cry and pee on his pants.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Ever since it's opened here in Canton South Ohio, I am a frequent customer. This is one of the few Dollar stores that is always clean and very well stocked, employees and especially management is friendly and very helpful, it's much appreciated!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I have been a recurring customer at Store #4017, but not after the HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE I received today. There is one particular ** cashier works often. She appears to be in the 35 - 50 year old age range & she always wears her hair pulled back into a short, somewhat wavy ponytail. Her attitude is horrible to peers & customers. I have witnessed her talk about peers...not realizing they heard what she said. Then today, she wrongfully took another customer in front of me & talked about my attitude to a fellow co-worker (who was another ** probably in the 50 - 60 age range). I clearly stated that the cashier should handle things the proper way! She was too much of a coward to speak directly to me so she continued to run her mouth to the co-worker.

Her behavior with a previous ** co-worker that she blatantly talked ill about & her sarcastic comments about me (a valued customer) prove her severe unprofessionalism!!! I don't know if she felt comfortable being disrespectful because I, too, am an ** woman but I know my worth & my power as a consumer. That is why I am complaining. This woman is a cancer & needs to be fired before someone behaves very badly based on her MOUTH!!! I am going to check the store weekly...to see if she is still there & I will complain every week until I see results. I will no longer spend money at Store #4017 located at 3056 Anvil Block Rd, Suite 100, Ellenwood, GA 30294. I really give 0 stars!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Got accused of stealing from the Dollar Tree today lol! My boyfriend At 11:30 am today on 2/14/19 bought 3 balloons and didn’t notice until afterwards he got charged for 4 not including one of them Blew away as soon as he walked out the door. Came back and I went in there with him. He went to the associate Latoya (Who got him the balloons The first time around), showed her the receipt and explain what happened. She gave him two more balloons and took and kept his receipt. In the meantime I walked over to the flowers to pair arrangements together in different vases. After getting our 2 balloons he joined me. We Decided to get some things for the house as well and ended up staying for almost 2 hours due to me being a typical woman, not including having OCD trying to match everything!

When we got in line, the cashier was nice, asking how our day was and I was cracking up explaining having to drag my boyfriend through the store for hours! The associate (the balloon blower upper/ the balloon don’t know how to Count Dracula) is going to shout across the store as she's blowing up her balloons while we are talking to the cashier asking if we paid for those balloons. He Was trying to explain to her that those were the balloons he was given this second time around. She kept saying that he left a long time ago and that we were trying come back to steal the 2 balloons we had with us at the register.

So she told the lady at the register to charge us and it was pretty much back-and-forth arguing with this “Latoya” from there in front of a store full of customers. We called her bluff to check the cameras And that we’ll wait until she is done but as she knew by this point, with how she was talking to us, she was in way too deep. And if I was her, I wouldn’t have either by that time with as far as she drug it out. Not only talking to us The way she did making a scene for all the customers to hear/see, but at the end as we were leaving she was sarcastically saying “thank you for coming in”, “bye”, “have a nice day”, “bye” and just kept repeating it, just trying to get a reaction out of us. It was sad!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I went to the Dollar Tree at 417 N. Enola Road, Enola Pa 17025 and the manager named ** was extremely rude and very unprofessional. That was not my first, second, third, nor fourth time of encountering this behavior from her. She walks around the store doing nothing with customers waiting on a long line. I will never go to that store again. Please boycott. She used a racial slur on me.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had placed an online order for multiples of 1 item as my local store only had 3 and I did not have time to run to multiple stores across the county. I even paid the extra to ship in time for the needed date. A package was received according to the time it should have been which impressed me- however it wasn't even close to the item I ordered. I spent 32 minutes on hold waiting for a representative to answer, when I did, he was very rude.

In the end, I was told I would first need to drive to a store and return the item I received. Then call back to corporate and they would then refund my money. He then asked if I wished to have it exchanged instead and I asked, "Can you deliver it in time for the needed date," and he said "not even close." So now, even though I was trying to avoid the travel, I have to go to a store, return the item, then call back and hope they refund the money for the 11 items I ordered. Then if I choose to use the same items, I have to drive to multiple stores in the county anyway. At this point I'm ready to pay the extra $3 on each item just to get the right items at a better reputable service store. Crossing my fingers the store I go to knows the return policy and doesn't fight me on it, and that when I call corporate back and wait 30 minutes I get my money back.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

This place is trashy, along with their employees. I had to go there and was treated anything but decent from the time I walked in the door until they chased me out trying to harm me. The location at that plaza on Stadium and Broadway has an employee named OJ there who just talks to and treats the customers any kind of way he wants to. And if you respond to his ignorance then the store manager, I think her name is Marjorie, will back him up and call the police on you.

That whole staff should be replaced. That whole staff needs to be replaced, that is the most unprofessional store I've ever encountered. I seen them disrespect a man with a little girl because he asked where something was. I guess they really didn't want to do their job. I won't go back there, probably cheaper somewhere else online anyway. They should teach their employees Customer service and common decency in how to treat people. Terrible place to shop. Be ready to almost get into a confrontation shopping at this place.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I placed an order for 2 cases of Palmers Chapstick Jan 13. I contacted the Dollar Tree on Schillinger Rd in Mobile Alabama where the item was to be delivered. They said that it had not arrived and when it did arrive at their store that I would immediately receive an email telling me it was at their store. I called the 1-877-530-8733 yesterday which was Jan 31, 2019 and the person that I spoke with told me to hold on and she would call the store on Schillinger Rd in Mobile, Al. She came back on the phone and told me that the items had been there since the first time I called on Jan 24, 2019. This is the last time that I will ever use Dollar Tree Online Service. The people at the location do not do their jobs and you can tell when you walk into the store. It's a total mess!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Very dissatisfied. I live in Old Town Maine and the Dollar Tree in Orono Maine is not keeping enough stuff on their shelves. Just saying it's not the employees' fault or the manager. It's Dollar Tree shipping and orders. Just wish it would be taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The return policy is for their convenience, not the customer. Half the crap they sell is crap so when returned with a receipt, no refunds and can only exchange for certain items. Tried calling and emailing corporate several times, they refuse to respond. Best thing is avoid and shop other dollar stores or WM. If you insist on buying at DT, use a credit card, and then when you get crap, dispute charge stating that DT won't give refund or exchange.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Don’t waste your time trying to order a product to be sent to the store...you won’t get it! The warehouse only sends to certain states. If you send to where you want it to go they automatically send your order to another state. I ask for a refund...it takes WEEKS to get it...I still have not got my refund. Girl I talked to said “ it’s not my department. VERY POOR staff they have. Will not shop at a Dollar Tree store anymore.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Poor quality of products made in China. Rude staff and the store manager doesn't even know where the product is located throughout the store. Returns are not accepted, even with a receipt. No cash back, only an in store credit at all locations. Please don't waste your time shopping at the Dollar Tree.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

After previous attempts to shop the TechRidge store and contacting the General Manager about the deplorable conditions over there, I attempted to go to your store on Saturday for a bunch of supplies for my 8 year old grandson's birthday... Had to go to Party City next door (the pics attached will tell you why). Spent about $50 at Party City on stuff you carry on your store. More lost sales. Please send this up and escalate to your Manager please. This location is a cluster. It is impossible to shop and it is filthy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Went to Dollar Tree on Milton Road in Flagstaff, AZ. Cashier not at her register. She finally showed up and was really rude and just a mean hateful person with a big scowl on her face. Seems like if you're that kind of person go work at Dollar Tree. That's all they seem to hire. The worst people around.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

On January 4, 2019 at 6:48pm I visited the Dollar Tree located at 3200 South Perkins Rd, Memphis, TN 38118. I was the second customer in line. As I was in line the cashier named ** threw the stick that separates items at me almost hitting my hand. I looked at her and she never apologized. And when it was my time to check out I looked at her and said hello. She did not acknowledge me whatsoever. I observed her mistreating other customers as well. This employee should be terminated immediately for her violent behavior to the public. My family and I will not visit Dollar Tree anymore because of the violence in their employees. Sgt. **, Retired Army, OEF

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The store manager was at the cash register and was very rude, gave us attitude, and was very unprofessional. We left her register to go to another cashier. Worst store manager! She needs to be aware that you need to treat customers nice and with respect. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The cashier would not give me an extra bag at the check out. She stuffed everything in one bag. I asked her for an extra bag and she said she did not want to be short. They needed their bags. She could have given me an extra bag since I am the customer and spend a lot of money at this store.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I cannot even give one star. The experience was horrible. I ordered office products for students for the start of a new semester. The products were never sent, and customer support will not cancel my order. My bank says I cannot stop payment, that they have 180 days to ship my order. They say you get what you pay for. Apparently a dollar doesn't buy you any customer service, courtesy, or integrity. Don't order through Dollar Tree online.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I want to preface this by saying that I am an elementary teacher, that was trying to order Christmas gifts for my class. I found a case of activity/coloring books for a great price that was almost big enough for my entire class! I was excited! I ordered the case three weeks before Christmas, and waited. Here is what happened: Nothing. I never received a follow up email to say my order was sent. I received the automated message that said they received my order, but that's it. I checked the status of the order a couple of days before we left for Christmas break, and they have my order status listed as closed. At the very least, I'm thankful they didn't charge my account (yet). That's the only reason for the one star. Otherwise I'd give them zero if I could.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Do not believe shipping information, as it is not accurate. Also, don't waste your money on expedited shipping, because it's not. And when you call customer service, be prepared to be treated like an idiot with no respect. I tend to be a very calm person, but within a minute it took all of my resolve to treat the representative with the respect I was not receiving. If you can't find it at the store, it's not worth the hassle.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an order on 12/14/18 and got a confirmation email with a delivery date of 12/22/18. I never got the products, an email or any type of communication from them. I called today 12/26 and was JUST INFORMED the order was never processed and will NOT BE HONORED!!! They simply were not going to process my order AND NEVER INFORM ME!! A big fat ZERO for customer service!!!! Mad as heck!!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have ordered online in past years for winter apparel for an elderly facility. I placed my order for hats and gloves on 12/4 for Christmas. 2/3 of the order was canceled by Dollar Tree with no notification or communication. I will never order from them again. in addition to canceling my order without notification, I was to be charged over $100 in shipping charges as the option to pick up free at the store was "unavailable". My email to corporate office regarding the shipping was never responded to. Not a company I respect. Very unreliable, unhelpful, and uncaring.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Went to Dollar Tree to pick up a few balloons for my daughter's birthday. Went to the cashier and ask for it. She then asked another employee to blow them up. He seemed like he didn’t even want to be there. Was rude and pretty much I ended up fixing my own balloons. When I went to pay in cash the cashier didn’t have any money in her drawer to give me change. She asked for a manager but all three of them were busy outside smoking sitting on the sidewalk. I felt so bad for the cashier who had no help. She really tried her best but the rest of the store was too busy on break during rush hour.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered candles for my wedding more than a month before the event. Was told they shipped the Tuesday after I ordered by a phone rep. When I went to the store the team there could not find my order in their shipment OR online. We waited another week and still nothing. I had to find an alternative and the in-store team was helpful. TWO months after I initially ordered, I get an email stating my order arrived at the store. My wedding had already passed and I called customer service to get a refund. Two attempts later and still no refund. Almost $100 taken from my account and their promise to refund has not been fulfilled. I strongly recommend not ordering online through them, but seeing if your store has more inventory in the back for you to purchase.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I visited the Dollar Tree in Cameron, NC tonight and I only bought a few things and as I walked up to the check out the cashier was on her phone. I thought nothing of it, I figured maybe she would put it away after she begins helping me. I was wrong she left it wide open to Instagram on the counter and as I inserted my card she just stared down at her phone and barely lifted her head up to give me my receipt. I thought to myself I know it’s Dollar Tree, but is a little customer service too much to ask? I am writing here because it is impossible to leave a review on their website because I could not find a section for it. I only found FAQs. I hope Dollar Tree is able to hire quality employees that will not be on their phones as if they are not at work.

Dollar Tree Company Information