2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

It was 8:55pm when I entered Dollar Tree, store #6193 (Hillsborough nj) on 2/22/21. I needed just a few things, one being a simple piece of felt, which I'm certain I've seen there before. I quickly grabbed the other items I needed between 2 aisles that were next to each other. I overheard a woman who I assumed was a customer, by the way she was swearing throughout her conversation (with who she was having the conversation with, I have no idea. Once I saw the older woman the first time she yelled at me about being closed, I realized it was HER voice that I heard, with all the swearing.) and tried asking the younger of the 2 women, if she could help me find the felt.

The older woman heard me, and completely talked right over the younger one, yelling "WE ARE CLOSED" at me, 3 times in a row! So I said, "mam I understand that, and I'm ready to checkout, I just need to know if you even sell felt". She stopped making eye contact with me even, and DEFINITELY was not going to answer my question no matter HOW MANY TIMES I ASKED.

So she's ringing my items up, and I was being as calm as I could at that point, when I asked "do you THINK YOU COULD JUST TELL ME IF YOU SELL FELT, SO I KNOW IF I SHOULD COME BACK IN THE MORNING?" Nope. No response. It was as if I wasn't there, or as if she didn't hear me OR see me. Talk about passive aggressive behavior! I worked in customer service for 5 years, and It didn't matter HOW annoyed I got at a customer, they would've never been able to tell. It didn't matter HOW BAD of a day I might've been having, as far as my coworkers and customers were concerned, It was a delightful day!

I don't know what is happening in this world, but people don't seem to value the work they do anymore, WHATSOEVER. I'm 37 and that older cashier at dollar tree had to be appx 55+? If I know better, then she most certainly should too! I asked the woman for her name, to which I was met with no response, and yet again, not even eye contact. I started getting louder every time I asked and let her know I wasn't leaving the store, until I got her name. She mumbled it to me and I have no clue what she said, but I knew it would be on my receipt. (which I don't normally need, so I typically choose to not print it, but this time I knew I was going to need the info from it.)

The cashiers name is Talat, and because of how unbelievably rude she was to me, I will no longer shop at that dollar tree location. I am an extremely understanding and empathetic person, but there was literally NOTHING that warranted the attitude I received from her, all because I had a question and it was 9:01pm.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We went to the Dollar Tree on Military Trl in West Palm Beach, what a mess, the line was long, one cashier, other employees just walking around doing nothing, the manager here does not care. He would not open other cashier lanes, made us all wait so long. This store is a mess. The items are cheap and of bad quality. Almost all Dollar Trees are bad. On BBB they have a very bad review and a D+ BBB rating, it makes sense. It is almost impossible to find a good Dollar Tree in the USA, the service is horrible, the lines are long, the stores are trashed, and employees and management do not care. A real mess! Not fun to go to if you want peace.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

After I left Walgreens, there was a fat dude (heavyweight) standing at the corner of the mall right as one exits the store and turns right. He stood with his foot on the column blocking the sidewalk. There was just barely enough room to walk past him. To avoid the energy that was entering me I walked into the driveway of the parking lot. Not at all thinking, I was thinking that could have been a hazard. Glad there were no vehicles. Then, I saw a young ** person walking the sidewalk. He started at the same place I did before I walked through the parking lot. I noticed his timing as soon as I was 250 ft away from the Dollar Tree door. It was irritating immediately. I spit and slowed so that he could go into the store out of my way.

Soon as I get in, he was there and it was like he was following me. I went to the back of the store, he was there. I tried to avoid him, I went down another aisle, he was there. I backed up and went a different way. Of course, as I went to what I thought was the end of the line, I could see him contemplating what to do next in the back of the store. The dollar tree is normally an easy shop. I go in, I know what I want. I grab what I want and no matter what I buy or how long the lines, they get me out of the store immediately. Today it was approaching 4 PM. There was 1 person ringing at aisle 2. I pulled out my camera and started recording. My first thought was an angry one. Moron. It wasn't loud, I was just recording. I looked around at the amount of people that were there.

There were about 30-40 customers waiting in line. I called out, "any other people here today?" The person in aisle 2 says, "I'm the only person the others called in sick." A few minutes go by, he calls for assistance. I woman goes to aisle 4 or 5 about 2 minutes after the call. There were two other people in the store at the time the line was ill. They had to either be on break, just signing in or something. I'd never seen them before. One just kept walking around like there was no need for assistance. The other came just a few minutes after 4 and signed in to open a 3rd line.

Now the line was moving. I stayed in line 2. Of course, it was disorganized. Although the social distancing signs are on the floor people were fluently standing in an aisle blocking others from shopping there. I damn near got into it with two females about the line, waiting for #2. Then wouldn't you know it? ... The guy that I was irritated by, was standing right behind me. He didn't get in another line, he stays right behind me. At this point, I wanted to start arguing with him, but, I don't.

Now, it's my turn at the register. He rings at regular speed. Then, he starts ringing the same item twice and grabbing the second same item, and placing it in the bag without ringing it. I paid for the food with EBT, it went through. Then tried to use the EBT cash there was a problem. I used the other card and it went through. #2 asks me if I want my receipt. I said yes. He pulls my EBT balance, looks at it, and aloud says, "you have a large amount on here, not sure why it didn't work." I asked him does he normally looks at people's balance and read it allowed? I tell him, I wouldn't do it again. He says is that a threat. I said do you have a name. He says, Dan. Then, Dan starts telling me I can go ahead and grab my receipt... All in all, it was the most angering experience I've ever had in the Dollar Tree. I hope for better employees.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I bought laundry detergent that I thought was soap and was using it to wash something today only to discover that it was not soap. It didn't sud nor dissolve on the wet cloth. They need to find out what is really in those boxes. The water I bought also had a pungent odor. They need to ensure that the water they are selling their customers are of good quality before they put them on the shelf.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Every time I call I have a problem. 1st call: couldn't place an order b/c the CSR couldn't hear me and put my name wrong for the credit card, said she didn't didn't know what else she could do. Hung up & ordered online. 2nd call was to cancel 1 item, CSR told me they had to cancel entire order and reorder the items I wanted, when I went to reorder (on the same call) I was told to out of stock and that's all she could do, hung up ordered on-line & sent in tax exempt info immediately. 3rd call, 3 days later (as advised) to follow up on tax exempt. Was told it'll be escalated "that's all I can do". Items arrived broken and still w/o tax exempt, 4th call; was told the that a refund would be processed for broken items and taxes (that should have not have been charged) in 2-3 days.

No refund was processed so I brought the broken items to the store thinking they needed them back, store could not process but called Customer Service to escalate the issue for me again. 5th call, was told that they see the escalation and that it should be done in 2-3 days, I clarified "today is Wednesday so by Monday I should have an email with the updated receipt" (reflecting the refund for the taxes that they should not have charged and the refund for the broken items). "Yes."

6th call, gave them an extra day, still no email with refund. Was told that by CSR that it will be escalated, I explained that it's been escalated 4 times over the last 1.5 month and still no resolution, I would like to get t resolved today. Sent to Call Center Supervisor. Was told it was escalated, I explained, it was escalated 4 times and asked what can be done to get it resolved now. Was told "that's all I can do". I explained again that I have been told several times the issues was escalated and still no resolution so can I talk to the escalation team? No, he doesn't have a number for the escalation team, it's all on computer.

I asked for a copy of the escalation to be sent to me, "no, I don't have an escalation number to give you". I asked again, what can be done besides being told for the 4th time that it is being escalated to actually give me proof that it is being escalated? I was told nothing, I asked for a screenshot to be sent, I was told, "No, that is all I can do," Then I was told that 2-3 business days means 48 hours, and that is business hours so actually that is 6 business days, not 2-3 days. A company that does not give their customer service department the ability to actually resolve issues that has an escalation process that is a month and a half behind has lots of issues, hiring incompetent customer service reps being one.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I placed an order to be shipped to the nearest store and the order was cancelled five days later. I placed another order of the same product to be shipped to me at my expense and it was never sent and 8 days later it was cancelled again and no one picks up the phone at customer service. I dont know what SKM Parent is doing but they are definitely not working! I would not recommend Dollar Store to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

My 11/8 receipt has a website for Customer Reviews. On 11/18 this website says Dollar Tree Reviews are closed. I find this Poor Customer Service. And, giving Dollar Tree Customer Feedback from their website with my Android Smartphone Doesn't Work!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Tuesday, November 17, 2020. I used the bathroom in the store on Lake Street in Addison, IL and it was filthy. It looked like the floor has never been washed and the toilet and sink were disgusting. The soap dispenser was not working either. As I left the store I notified the store manager on duty and he just said he was going to lock the door. I feel that bathrooms are needed for customers and a little maintenance goes a long way. I did not feel that the manager listened to my concerns and just blew me off. If you need to use the bathroom at this store bring your Lysol and rubber gloves with you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Please read until the end!!! I honestly love the Dollar Tree, however, there’s this one Dollar Tree in particular that I feel gives the store brand a bad name. I went in today (October 13th) to get a Halloween decoration. I noticed boxes that were packaged up where the Halloween decorations use to be. So I asked an employee about the Halloween decorations and she pointed to area where the boxes were and said “We’re all sold out. That’s (pointing to packaged boxes) where the Halloween decorations were.” When I went to look, they had packaged up all the Halloween decorations to put out the Christmas decorations. You could see the Halloween label through the clear tape from the poorly packaged bleach boxes that they used. So I took pictures. My question is, is this a company wide practice lie or just this particular store? It’s only the 13th, plenty of time for people to still purchase Halloween items.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I had the opportunity to spend 200 on classroom paints to distribute for distance learning, so I ordered 6 packs of 36 in a hurry, and paid $72 for express shipping. I tried one out as soon as I got one (which I should have done before I did this), and ...

- The brush bristles are made of plastic and don't hold water.
      - The paints are chalky, and they don't come off of the brush easily, and when they do come off, they don't spread.
      - They are opaque, so rather than blending and giving dimension, they block out the colors behind them and cover any outlines.

- These are extremely chalky, and they don't function as regular watercolor paints. Even using the best quality paper and a regular watercolor brush, it is impossible to make them function.

Obviously I wanted my money back on time to buy more paints for my students, so I called customer service. Monday: Customer service said they would fill out a form for me and they'll call me back. Tuesday: no call back. Wednesday: Customer service said the first lady did not do it, but they would do it again. Thursday: no call back. Friday: Customer service said the Wednesday person filled the form out wrong. Monday: I got a voicemail simply stating that I'm stuck with them, according to their terms and conditions, all sales are final.

Dollar Tree Company Information