2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I meant to leave a review months ago so today after visiting Dollar Tree Store 2237 just want to congratulate Store Manager and staff for an excellent store showing. The store years ago was really Trashed by customers. Not kept up. Today walking in all products lined up at attention on the shelves. I know you have to go beyond the job to make it look so good. So appreciated by this Super Satisfied Customer!

Original review: May 20, 2020

Stopped at 'my' Dollar Tree at 16250 W. Main, Cut Off, LA for American flags and colorful spinners to pep up the deck for the Memorial Day holiday - also bought a selection of nuts for nut butters as an extra treat to go with the white cheddar crackers I bought there too - have already made the ice cream and sorbets from the frozen fruits I bought there a few weeks ago (unbelievably scrumptious, everyone should do it) - the entire buffet for all the fixings for the fancy sandwiches, deviled eggs and burgers and accouterments and condiments as well as the treats are all Dollar Tree purchases, it's much fun, very easy on the wallet, and most satisfying to serve like a professional caterer - Tracy and associates as Renee help make it a pleasure to shop there.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I enjoy shopping there because my total is always easy to calculate since all items are $1.00. I also feel very easy and not rushed in any way and the people who work there are very nice and personable.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Dollar Tree is my favorite store. They have a good selection at a very fair price. I shop Dollar Tree before I shop Walmart. I save lots of money shopping at Dollar Tree. The workers there where I shop are always very friendly. I feel good when I leave the store. I shop at the Hoquiam Wa. Location. To me it's a very nice store and overall a good company. That's my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Dollar Tree 8020 in Gibsonville NC is awesome! The store is very clean and organized and the staff is very helpful. We are thrilled to have them close by. They are always well stocked and super friendly to customers. It’s always a pleasure to shop there.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Went into my local Dollar Tree. Was right away told I had to have a mask on. I said that I do not have to wear one. I was told I had to wear one or leave the store. I told the manager to watch her steps as she would find herself in a lawsuit, that the law is on my side on this issue. I refused to wear the mask and started to do my shopping. The manager was then loudly talking about people "like me" saying we are the ones getting others sick. I did not back down to this behavior and asked her why she is so anger. At this time. Other customers joined in saying things like "I cannot believe this guy: Etc." The disagreement lead to me being told that the police was being called. I left the store.

I later spoke on the phone with that manager, I wanted to understand why I was treated that way. I informed her that she was in the wrong to assume that I did not have a medical reason for not wearing a mask and that she should not assume anyone not wearing one does not have a reason. I told her the I do in fact have a medical and mental health reason and that the ADA protects people like "Me". She then tells me that private businesses are not regulated by the ADA and my information is incorrect. I have called MANY other Dollar Trees and asked their policies. ALL said they do require a mask. BUT would not confront a customer who is not wearing one, that they would not assume they did not have a medical reason. THAT is the correct answer. I find it funny that this manager does not seem to agree with Dollar Tree Corporate and moreover believes she does not have to follow ADA laws. I will be seeking legal action.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Dollar Tree has pretty amazing prices, but BE CAREFUL. The quality is often substandard. I got large cellophane storage bags there for a deal. They broke in six months. Their dishwashing liquid is very inexpensive, but it has about half the suds as commercial brands do. Need twice as much. Their dishtowels are a bargain, but they start falling apart in a year. That being said, their price on reading glasses is AMAZING, and the glasses are as good as what you get in other stores for VASTLY more money.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This afternoon (Thur 6/18) I visited Dollar Store # 4503 on Sandy Forks Rd in Raleigh NC. There was an unmasked woman w/ unmasked children who stood near me, within 6'. I asked her nicely to please give me six feet space. She turned to me and said "** You." I was stunned. She was quite loud about it. Several people turned. Another masked middle-aged woman approached me and said she heard and said that she had the same experience. Then a man approached me saying he had the same experience. I eventually found the "manager" ** upfront. She clearly had heard the woman. She told me to step aside while she filled a balloon for someone. After maybe three minutes, the customer who said "**" came near me and told me to go home. The manager said and did nothing.

Then the manager started calling me "love" and "sweetheart." I asked her to stop that. Her response was that she uses that name on everyone. I told her that I didn't like it and I considered it unprofessional. She came within a foot of me and continued to call me those names and said that she was doing the best she could. I disagreed. Another clerk, ** was not wearing a mask because she said it was too hot. Then she said she didn't have time for "this nonsense." I'm appalled that a customer was allowed to stay in the store and repeatedly insult several other customers by loudly saying "**." I'm also appalled that the manager did not about it, did not speak to that customer. I walked out of the store without making a purchase. I noticed several customers who heard the problem also dropped their items and left the store without purchasing. Is this what Dollar Store supports? I'd like to hear from someone about this.

Original review: May 17, 2020

With the social distancing I understand the whole six feet apart, but while waiting in a long, slow line I stepped in front of the tape line to put a few things on the belt and was told to get back behind the line by the cashier. Very rudely and I was more than six feet from the people that were grabbing their bags and leaving. This cashier felt he had all kinds of authority to talk to me the way he did when I was telling him I’m trying to make space at the end of the line because people were piling up trying to get through and the lone was moving extremely slow. He tells me to do what he said and if I don’t like it to call the governor. He kept going on and on.

I finally told him to stop talking to me and let him know I will never return to that store. He said, "Good." He doesn’t care. As I went to pay with my card the card machine had a ziplock bag on it that everyone was touching and never was sanitized. Not to mention the carts are not being sanitized either. He then hands me my receipt and sarcastically says, "Thank you so much." I then said to stop being sarcastic and he told me no as he laughed at me. Something needs to be done with this cashier. I will NEVER return to a Dollar Tree after this experience.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Dollar Tree Upland @ 9:30 am, my shopping experience was unpleasant. The floors were very nasty I mean every aisle. The debit machine had plastic on it. Not being wiped after customer use, & no hand sanitizer.

Dollar Tree Company Information