1.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

356 Dollar Tree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I have been a recurring customer at Store #4017, but not after the HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE I received today. There is one particular ** cashier works often. She appears to be in the 35 - 50 year old age range & she always wears her hair pulled back into a short, somewhat wavy ponytail. Her attitude is horrible to peers & customers. I have witnessed her talk about peers...not realizing they heard what she said. Then today, she wrongfully took another customer in front of me & talked about my attitude to a fellow co-worker (who was another ** probably in the 50 - 60 age range). I clearly stated that the cashier should handle things the proper way! She was too much of a coward to speak directly to me so she continued to run her mouth to the co-worker.

Her behavior with a previous ** co-worker that she blatantly talked ill about & her sarcastic comments about me (a valued customer) prove her severe unprofessionalism!!! I don't know if she felt comfortable being disrespectful because I, too, am an ** woman but I know my worth & my power as a consumer. That is why I am complaining. This woman is a cancer & needs to be fired before someone behaves very badly based on her MOUTH!!! I am going to check the store weekly...to see if she is still there & I will complain every week until I see results. I will no longer spend money at Store #4017 located at 3056 Anvil Block Rd, Suite 100, Ellenwood, GA 30294. I really give 0 stars!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Got accused of stealing from the Dollar Tree today lol! My boyfriend At 11:30 am today on 2/14/19 bought 3 balloons and didn’t notice until afterwards he got charged for 4 not including one of them Blew away as soon as he walked out the door. Came back and I went in there with him. He went to the associate Latoya (Who got him the balloons The first time around), showed her the receipt and explain what happened. She gave him two more balloons and took and kept his receipt. In the meantime I walked over to the flowers to pair arrangements together in different vases. After getting our 2 balloons he joined me. We Decided to get some things for the house as well and ended up staying for almost 2 hours due to me being a typical woman, not including having OCD trying to match everything!

When we got in line, the cashier was nice, asking how our day was and I was cracking up explaining having to drag my boyfriend through the store for hours! The associate (the balloon blower upper/ the balloon don’t know how to Count Dracula) is going to shout across the store as she's blowing up her balloons while we are talking to the cashier asking if we paid for those balloons. He Was trying to explain to her that those were the balloons he was given this second time around. She kept saying that he left a long time ago and that we were trying come back to steal the 2 balloons we had with us at the register.

So she told the lady at the register to charge us and it was pretty much back-and-forth arguing with this “Latoya” from there in front of a store full of customers. We called her bluff to check the cameras And that we’ll wait until she is done but as she knew by this point, with how she was talking to us, she was in way too deep. And if I was her, I wouldn’t have either by that time with as far as she drug it out. Not only talking to us The way she did making a scene for all the customers to hear/see, but at the end as we were leaving she was sarcastically saying “thank you for coming in”, “bye”, “have a nice day”, “bye” and just kept repeating it, just trying to get a reaction out of us. It was sad!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I went to the Dollar Tree at 417 N. Enola Road, Enola Pa 17025 and the manager named ** was extremely rude and very unprofessional. That was not my first, second, third, nor fourth time of encountering this behavior from her. She walks around the store doing nothing with customers waiting on a long line. I will never go to that store again. Please boycott. She used a racial slur on me.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had placed an online order for multiples of 1 item as my local store only had 3 and I did not have time to run to multiple stores across the county. I even paid the extra to ship in time for the needed date. A package was received according to the time it should have been which impressed me- however it wasn't even close to the item I ordered. I spent 32 minutes on hold waiting for a representative to answer, when I did, he was very rude.

In the end, I was told I would first need to drive to a store and return the item I received. Then call back to corporate and they would then refund my money. He then asked if I wished to have it exchanged instead and I asked, "Can you deliver it in time for the needed date," and he said "not even close." So now, even though I was trying to avoid the travel, I have to go to a store, return the item, then call back and hope they refund the money for the 11 items I ordered. Then if I choose to use the same items, I have to drive to multiple stores in the county anyway. At this point I'm ready to pay the extra $3 on each item just to get the right items at a better reputable service store. Crossing my fingers the store I go to knows the return policy and doesn't fight me on it, and that when I call corporate back and wait 30 minutes I get my money back.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

This place is trashy, along with their employees. I had to go there and was treated anything but decent from the time I walked in the door until they chased me out trying to harm me. The location at that plaza on Stadium and Broadway has an employee named OJ there who just talks to and treats the customers any kind of way he wants to. And if you respond to his ignorance then the store manager, I think her name is Marjorie, will back him up and call the police on you.

That whole staff should be replaced. That whole staff needs to be replaced, that is the most unprofessional store I've ever encountered. I seen them disrespect a man with a little girl because he asked where something was. I guess they really didn't want to do their job. I won't go back there, probably cheaper somewhere else online anyway. They should teach their employees Customer service and common decency in how to treat people. Terrible place to shop. Be ready to almost get into a confrontation shopping at this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I placed an order for 2 cases of Palmers Chapstick Jan 13. I contacted the Dollar Tree on Schillinger Rd in Mobile Alabama where the item was to be delivered. They said that it had not arrived and when it did arrive at their store that I would immediately receive an email telling me it was at their store. I called the 1-877-530-8733 yesterday which was Jan 31, 2019 and the person that I spoke with told me to hold on and she would call the store on Schillinger Rd in Mobile, Al. She came back on the phone and told me that the items had been there since the first time I called on Jan 24, 2019. This is the last time that I will ever use Dollar Tree Online Service. The people at the location do not do their jobs and you can tell when you walk into the store. It's a total mess!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Very dissatisfied. I live in Old Town Maine and the Dollar Tree in Orono Maine is not keeping enough stuff on their shelves. Just saying it's not the employees' fault or the manager. It's Dollar Tree shipping and orders. Just wish it would be taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The return policy is for their convenience, not the customer. Half the crap they sell is crap so when returned with a receipt, no refunds and can only exchange for certain items. Tried calling and emailing corporate several times, they refuse to respond. Best thing is avoid and shop other dollar stores or WM. If you insist on buying at DT, use a credit card, and then when you get crap, dispute charge stating that DT won't give refund or exchange.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Don’t waste your time trying to order a product to be sent to the store...you won’t get it! The warehouse only sends to certain states. If you send to where you want it to go they automatically send your order to another state. I ask for a refund...it takes WEEKS to get it...I still have not got my refund. Girl I talked to said “ it’s not my department. VERY POOR staff they have. Will not shop at a Dollar Tree store anymore.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Poor quality of products made in China. Rude staff and the store manager doesn't even know where the product is located throughout the store. Returns are not accepted, even with a receipt. No cash back, only an in store credit at all locations. Please don't waste your time shopping at the Dollar Tree.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

After previous attempts to shop the TechRidge store and contacting the General Manager about the deplorable conditions over there, I attempted to go to your store on Saturday for a bunch of supplies for my 8 year old grandson's birthday... Had to go to Party City next door (the pics attached will tell you why). Spent about $50 at Party City on stuff you carry on your store. More lost sales. Please send this up and escalate to your Manager please. This location is a cluster. It is impossible to shop and it is filthy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Went to Dollar Tree on Milton Road in Flagstaff, AZ. Cashier not at her register. She finally showed up and was really rude and just a mean hateful person with a big scowl on her face. Seems like if you're that kind of person go work at Dollar Tree. That's all they seem to hire. The worst people around.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The store manager was at the cash register and was very rude, gave us attitude, and was very unprofessional. We left her register to go to another cashier. Worst store manager! She needs to be aware that you need to treat customers nice and with respect. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The cashier would not give me an extra bag at the check out. She stuffed everything in one bag. I asked her for an extra bag and she said she did not want to be short. They needed their bags. She could have given me an extra bag since I am the customer and spend a lot of money at this store.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I cannot even give one star. The experience was horrible. I ordered office products for students for the start of a new semester. The products were never sent, and customer support will not cancel my order. My bank says I cannot stop payment, that they have 180 days to ship my order. They say you get what you pay for. Apparently a dollar doesn't buy you any customer service, courtesy, or integrity. Don't order through Dollar Tree online.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I want to preface this by saying that I am an elementary teacher, that was trying to order Christmas gifts for my class. I found a case of activity/coloring books for a great price that was almost big enough for my entire class! I was excited! I ordered the case three weeks before Christmas, and waited. Here is what happened: Nothing. I never received a follow up email to say my order was sent. I received the automated message that said they received my order, but that's it. I checked the status of the order a couple of days before we left for Christmas break, and they have my order status listed as closed. At the very least, I'm thankful they didn't charge my account (yet). That's the only reason for the one star. Otherwise I'd give them zero if I could.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Do not believe shipping information, as it is not accurate. Also, don't waste your money on expedited shipping, because it's not. And when you call customer service, be prepared to be treated like an idiot with no respect. I tend to be a very calm person, but within a minute it took all of my resolve to treat the representative with the respect I was not receiving. If you can't find it at the store, it's not worth the hassle.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an order on 12/14/18 and got a confirmation email with a delivery date of 12/22/18. I never got the products, an email or any type of communication from them. I called today 12/26 and was JUST INFORMED the order was never processed and will NOT BE HONORED!!! They simply were not going to process my order AND NEVER INFORM ME!! A big fat ZERO for customer service!!!! Mad as heck!!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have ordered online in past years for winter apparel for an elderly facility. I placed my order for hats and gloves on 12/4 for Christmas. 2/3 of the order was canceled by Dollar Tree with no notification or communication. I will never order from them again. in addition to canceling my order without notification, I was to be charged over $100 in shipping charges as the option to pick up free at the store was "unavailable". My email to corporate office regarding the shipping was never responded to. Not a company I respect. Very unreliable, unhelpful, and uncaring.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Went to Dollar Tree to pick up a few balloons for my daughter's birthday. Went to the cashier and ask for it. She then asked another employee to blow them up. He seemed like he didn’t even want to be there. Was rude and pretty much I ended up fixing my own balloons. When I went to pay in cash the cashier didn’t have any money in her drawer to give me change. She asked for a manager but all three of them were busy outside smoking sitting on the sidewalk. I felt so bad for the cashier who had no help. She really tried her best but the rest of the store was too busy on break during rush hour.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered candles for my wedding more than a month before the event. Was told they shipped the Tuesday after I ordered by a phone rep. When I went to the store the team there could not find my order in their shipment OR online. We waited another week and still nothing. I had to find an alternative and the in-store team was helpful. TWO months after I initially ordered, I get an email stating my order arrived at the store. My wedding had already passed and I called customer service to get a refund. Two attempts later and still no refund. Almost $100 taken from my account and their promise to refund has not been fulfilled. I strongly recommend not ordering online through them, but seeing if your store has more inventory in the back for you to purchase.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I visited the Dollar Tree in Cameron, NC tonight and I only bought a few things and as I walked up to the check out the cashier was on her phone. I thought nothing of it, I figured maybe she would put it away after she begins helping me. I was wrong she left it wide open to Instagram on the counter and as I inserted my card she just stared down at her phone and barely lifted her head up to give me my receipt. I thought to myself I know it’s Dollar Tree, but is a little customer service too much to ask? I am writing here because it is impossible to leave a review on their website because I could not find a section for it. I only found FAQs. I hope Dollar Tree is able to hire quality employees that will not be on their phones as if they are not at work.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

This is a review related to Christmas light up necklaces. I bought the few they had in store, work great! I CANNOT believe I’m writing my FIRST negative review, but this needs to be seen from a loyal teacher/dollar tree shopper. Needed 24 for preschool program, on 11/27 had to order via phone after several failed online attempts, called and forced to order 44 because they were out of stock of the 24 (crazy) and said that was my only option. Ordered the case of 44, supposed to pick up 12/10 and call because I haven’t received any notifications other than the confirmation of order and after several minutes on hold they inform me they are out of stock.

They said they had been having email problems, sorry I didn’t get an email letting me know it had been canceled. (Within 5 minutes of me calling, they sent me an email canceling it on the day I should have been picking up my order). I didn’t want to believe the NEGATIVE reviews about dollar tree online, not fulfilling orders, wow I’m a believer now.

This is the FIRST negative review I’ve had to write. Imagine telling 24 k4 children who have practiced turning imaginary lights on as we transition to Christmas lights song that although we ordered these weeks ago Dollar Tree didn’t fulfill our order or communicate with us about our order. They’ll be getting a lesson about disappointment and how important it is for people especially businesses to do what they say they are going to do because of the effect it has on others and the plans they have made. You don’t let children down at Christmas time! My mother in law a crafter and Dollar Tree regular said, "Make sure you ask them why they let their trash cans overflow." So I’m adding that as well. Hope me sharing leads to changes due to loss of business from us regulars.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered 8 cases of Christmas stockings (192 total stockings) for sub for Santa. After the first one, I got an email 3 days after ordered saying they couldn’t place my order and it didn’t have the reason stated. I called customer service and the First Lady was rude saying that’s because they are sold out and it takes a couple days to update the website. It had been a few days so I looked online and it said I could STILL order it.

I called back and a different representative looked it up and said she doesn’t know what happened because her computer says they have over 100 cases available. She personally reordered it and I got an email verification. I just now (5 days later) got another email saying it has been cancelled again! Seriously? And it STILL lets you order online and doesn’t say sold out. 200 people are effected. I was going to go in and get the other 8 at a store since online was also saying they sold them separate but only let me order cases. I will never deal with Dollar Tree again. I was going to order some stuff to help fill them, too but now I don’t trust them to deliver.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was in the Freedom Dr in Charlotte NC on 11/23/18 at 915am. Spent 77.00 using Visa debit card. Returned to store same day at 613pm. I spent less than 25.00. Used same my Visa debit card. The cashier turned the card reader to her then turned in back. I put in my code. No receipt given. Cashier said didn't print. Notice charge of 52.00. I called the store went back to store. Spoke with several people (Manager- Alex). Have better calling 1800 number. Left messeges. No return call. Store says "CAN'T HELP."

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Grant City Dollar Tree in Staten Island. The cashier was rude and abusive. She yelled at me and two men customers who came to my defense. She refused to wait on us and caused a big scene. At one point she locked in the office and left about people on line waiting. Totally crazy behavior. We called the police. I reported this incident to the general manager. Nothing was done. She told me she would call me back and never did. Dollar Tree doesn’t care about your customer experience. They don’t care if you continue to shop with them. They lost over 50 dollars in business that day and I refuse to step foot in their stores ever again. Bad business.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

This was my second time ordering online for store pickup, the previous being over a year ago. I was hoping they had improved the process, as there are several items that I use regularly and would like the convenience of ordering by the case. I received an email order confirmation promptly, and was surprised that I also got an email about 2 weeks later informing me I could pick up the order at the store. I spent about 45 minutes at the store, waiting for the manager to find my three boxes, but only two had been delivered. We decided it would be best if I didn't pick anything up until the entire order was there.

This morning, I got an email thanking me for picking up my order. When I called customer service, (VERY long hold time) I was told to ignore the pickup confirmation email, and wait for the order to be completed next week. They offered to reship the missing item, and assured me that I would not be double charged for it. Issues still remain to be resolved, but I think I'll go back to buying everything on the shelf instead of trying to order by the case.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

While at the store I spoke to 2 ladies Judy and Linda, they were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of all my questions. This Dollar Tree store is by far the cleanest and most organized I've been in. I will shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I haven't shop here for a while. The store was looking bad. There was nearly no merchandise. I went back 2 weeks ago and the store is looking great. I found a lot of items that I love and some new ones too. The new manager Jose is very nice and he show me some party supplies I was looking for, he was very polite and help me a lot. I can tell you he is amazing. Thank you. I will be back for sure.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Nasty dirty empty shelves and floor and bathroom. Very unorganized. I will never go again!!! Food was outdated. Employees just standing around. I really think an owner or someone needs to go there that can get that place organized and cleaned and some product on the shelves. So disappointed my daughter and I started cleaning. It was so gross. My daughter is 12 and doesn't clean her own room!!! I'm just missing the old Dollar Tree that was fun to go to???

Dollar Tree Company Information