Dollar Tree

• 3%
  • 7%
  • 80%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Reviewed March 11, 2024

I went to buy $1.25 Hot Wheels which last week was in toy aisle no problem, this week hot wheels $1.25 behind counter so you can't shop, they are rude when asking for products. They keep from shoppers' reach, The Manager run store like every customer is a thief, He and his rude disrespectful staff.

Verified purchase

Reviewed March 2, 2024

Manager rings up my purchase and then tells me his register is cash only. I ask why I wasn't informed earlier, he replied that he forgot to tell me. I told him that they should at least have a sign saying it. Paid in cash. He told me to never come back to his store again. Management like him makes Walmart look good.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I went into one of the stores today to return some items that were not working when I opened the packages and due to the cheapness of the product I did not want to exchange. I just wanted my money back. Well, I was told that they do not give money back ever! The only thing they could do is give me a store credit that had to be spent at the time of the return. What kind of scam is this, I will never shop here again.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I have had several bad experiences at this location. Unfortunately I live close so it's convenient. Today topped all bad experiences when I witnessed a cashier put his hands on another customer over change. Then what really floored me after witnessing this cashier get physical with this guy pushing him into a display stand which items flew everywhere and that guy was humiliated in front of the whole store, then Adam the manager threatened to call the cops on the customer.

When I asked Adam for his manager's name and number he flat out refused. I guess the theft is so high cashiers ask customers to leave their bags at the front, I think this is absolutely out of line and I refuse because I pay plus I'm not leaving my items like phone, wallet, keys with anyone especially where it's not even being supervised. Bottom line customer service is what will make or break a business. I'm at my wit's end with these people that have poor social skills and don't talk to people with respect. Yes I will be reporting this to human resources tomorrow as soon as they open, I can't tolerate anymore poor service, lazy, rude cashiers we the customers make it possible for you to get a paycheck. No customers, no job, no food. So the mission statement needs to be posted for your employees to read and follow.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER AND EVEN WORST ONLINE ORDER OPTION. 》On 12/13 I sent a message because I was having the following issue:

Online pick up is a joke, extremely ridiculous. I placed an order on 11/10, confirmation email said it would take 7-10 days. Didn't receive any updates. On 12/1 I finally received an email saying the order was ready for pick up. I went to the store that same day and the employee told me my package didn't arrive. I asked why I received an email then. She said she didn't know and that I needed to wait till the following Wednesday 12/6 for truck day to see if maybe my order would arrive. I asked how I will know as I already received the email. She said they would call.

On 12/7 I received another email reminding me to pick up the order. No one called me so I started calling on Friday 12/8. On 12/11 someone finally answered and she said: 'I can't check right now, there's nothing I can do about it'. Today 12/13 I called a few times till someone picked up the phone. I said I was waiting for a package and she automatically said is not there. I explained it wasn't from this week. She still says they don't have it. I asked how does she knows without even checking and she said because the names are unique. Just unbelievable! That's why I kept calling to no waste my time and money. Because of this situation I have lost money because I didn't have the product needed for my business. Thanks for nothing Dollar Tree.《

They replied: "Hi Lenni - We are very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with your online order. Please share with us your order number and contact information, so that we may have this addressed. Thank you." I sent my info and as of today 12/22, I haven't received any follow up. I really think that 9 days is more than enough for you to get back to me. This is beyond disrespectful. I expect a refund to my account within 24 hours.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

Manager was rude to cashier in front of customers. Told cashier ” All I’m asking is for you to do your job. It’s not that hard”. Cashier was putting items aside instead of directly into bags which evidently irritated manager. Cashier had to call at least twice for manager to come up front and help check customers out. This was in West Point NE.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

The manager Amber ** does not need to be a manager.. She hired people's that she likes or thinks that she likes just to control them. She is a big liar, and the store is not a safe place to work, because come into the store all day everyday just to seal and eat. And when something is said to them they go off bad. I mean I can't work like that.

Price

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2023

Since the Dollar Tree raised their price to $1.25 I noticed that the quantity in the packages have been reduced. Less goods and more money. Then I understand that they are going back to a dollar on some items and are going to sell some products for two and three dollars. They are already selling products for five dollar and they are not worth even a dollar, in my opinion.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

I arrived at Dollar tree to purchase get well soon items for my best friend, who is sick with Covid. I saw a employee on the floor, at which point I asked to use the restroom. She advised me to go to the front and grab the key. As I went to the front to grab the key, I was denied by a manager by the name of Ashton, who told me they do not have public bathrooms. I explained to her that I was a paying customer and then I really had to go very badly. She told me she was sorry about my luck, and that I needed to go across the street. I asked her for the corporate phone number and she looked at me and told me to Google it. This was very unprofessional and inconvenient and quite Frankly hurtful. Ashton should not be able to manage any store with an attitude like that and customer service in that manner. I don’t do reviews, but this really bothered me as I come to the store often to purchase items for my home/decor/family, etc..

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2023

Won't go back again. No clerks, self check out. What a joke. I shop at stores with clerks. Stores are dirty and they have very few employees. No more 1 dollar, but you call yourselves Dollar Tree. Shut your doors or go back to the stores you used to be. You lost me as a customer.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

Granddaughter, is a grown person, went into store to purchase something, at checkout the 10 dollar bill was scanned, clerk says that it scan as a 50.00 bill, and called to another clerk to see, and she agreed with her, therefore she couldn't use it and was very upset. That 10 dollar bill was taken to the bank where it came from, nothing was wrong with it, scan ok. My question is were they joking? Not funny. I will not be going here, too much. These young people are not very responsible, know the workers

Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

I went to Dollar Tree in Alma Ar and while checking out the computer froze. I had already inserted my debit card. And once they got computer up, they said it didn't take my card. So I swiped again. And the following Monday I found out they doublecharged me. I went back to Alma with receipt and bank statement, they sent an email to corporate. NEVER did hear from corporate. And now I have lost my receipt and dollar tree is saying they cannot find my transaction. Really?? It's two amounts that are the same... Thieves! They are thieves!!

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2023

It's shocking this store is even open. Dreadful. Dark negative atmosphere, yelling staff, unprofessional behavior from employees and manager. Dirty, ** vibe and hideous. But, it is consistent with just about every other business on MLK.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

I shopped at 400 North 2nd Street in El Cajon California and I was charged $3 for some cheese. I've complained in the past when they charged me $5 for something that I could get easily or cheaper at Walmart and said, "Why are you going up on this Frozen item" at the time and the answer was "It's on the freezer. Just look on the freezer. If you look on the freezer, they do have doors that say these items are three four and five dollars a piece." I know that the Dollar Tree went up to a $1.25 due to inflation and yet these people are not practicing the policy of a Dollar Tree which is to sell everything for a dollar.

I'm not sure how many items they are doing this with. I do know it is in food items. I don't think they should use the name Dollar Tree if everything's not a dollar as they advertise. I was told the reason why they are doing it is because they All are doing it. All the Dollar Tree are upping the prices past a dollar. I told him they shouldn't use the name Dollar Tree or advertised it to be a dollar and only a dollar, and said I don't think all of them are doing it. I think it's just this store cuz why would they change their Dollar Tree policy and what draws everyone into the store?

Verified purchase

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

I purchased $3.75 of goods at Dollar Tree. Maryland sales tax is 6% which should be $.23 sales tax. I was charged $.60 sales tax. It is not much on a small purchase but this amounts to a huge scam to the public overall. I have the receipt if I could include a photo.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

This nail polish will remove your skin before it removes your nail polish. Customers have reported this on the Dollar Tree website and they still keep this on the shelf. My fingertips are raw as the skin has peeled off. Please don’t buy this product.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Dollar Tree. #8748. 1955 Nw 9th Ave Ft Lauderdale. Staff is very rude, they don't greet you. Snatch money out hands. This one particular woman, ** or ** grey hair ponytail is very rude. When store was supposed to open at 8:00 o'clock, I was standing outside and she practiculy ignored me. She needs customer service training. If I didn't live walking distance to that store I would shop somewhere else. They need to hire better staff with manners.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

Just wish they have the items you could get for the project. Incredible ideas, on Facebook. I go to get the items for the project and you don't have them in stock in the stores. I'm not going to waste gas driving to stores. Maybe you could put them online for sale.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2023

Store 8742 Spokane on Division. I have unfortunately had to patron this shameful business because I don't drive. Aside from the outside of the store being filthy with ** and piss and garbage everywhere. They don't even bother power washing the mess the poor homeless leave behind...ever! Not once... Then they treat you with disdain, racism and all around rudeness with a smirk. I am working to expose them now, I had enough of the treatment. 2 days ago I had an unfair, unprovoked, and definitely motivated by race attack. Passive aggressive AF! As well!

This is not how you treat people anywhere regardless of business or not. It's just a bunch of bad eggs in there and after a few years of having to shop there with the same results I have now had enough and next time I will record everything and every interaction so as to have the proof I need to bring some type of justice to this, and I know am not the only one that feels this in store #8742. Beware and record!

Price

Reviewed July 27, 2023

I ordered 48 Elf Hats. I only received 10. Dollar Tree told me that it was UPS fault. Yet it was in Dollar Tree’s box, with Dollar Tree’s tape on it. When I. Investigated it. They didn’t have 48 in stock only 10. Yet they charged me the full amount and never let me know. Then Blamed it on UPS, I have to file a claim with UPS. Gets it rejected and then they will look into it.

Reviewed July 23, 2023

When I paid the products and I chose cash back, she finish the transaction and after that told me she didn't have cash back because she didn't have cash. The supervisor open up the register and she have cash. She showed all the time bad attitude. The location was London Square Miami.

Reviewed July 5, 2023

Air Conditioning at Camden, S.C. store out for months. Customers and employees suffering from the heat. I am not going to shop there again until it is fixed. CFO's must be cutting costs to get bonuses I suspect. Meanwhile in the huge corporate office in Chesapeake, Va. the top corporate officers are sitting in coolness and luxury. They should turn off their air to see how everybody in this store is suffering.

Reviewed July 1, 2023

As always, all the lines were closed, but one was a full store. Person working yelled out three times next person in line to register for so I started walking over when I noticed person behind me was walking as well. I stopped letting her go ahead, but the employee kept yelling at me so I yelled back and then I threw everything on the floor because I’m not gonna take that abuse. She could’ve just shut up. That’s what I do at my job and I’m getting yelled at by customers. I give them the right away and I would’ve stopped but she was so rude she should be fired.

Reviewed June 14, 2023

I just had the worst experience in the world. I was trying on some reading glasses. I told the cashier that I was going to buy them. He said okay. A worker came up from stocking and yelled at me saying I was rude. I ask her for her name and she told me that she was not going to give it to me and all the staff started laughing and all the other customers put their stuff down and walk out because I am a senior citizen. My store number is 3532. The date was 6/14/23 and it was 11:39 am. She had all black. Nobody should never talk to a customer like that. I will never go in that Dollar Tree again.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 27, 2023

I ordered 60 crystal candle sticks for a National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. Not enough available in the store so manager recommended that I place an online order. After ordering the candlesticks online, I went to pick up the order 4 days later and it was not there. As I needed them immediately. I asked to staff just to cancel the order. The staff told me that I had to call and cancel the order because it was made online. There wasn't anything they could do!

So now, it's almost 2 weeks after I ordered them and needed them. They still have not shipped. I tried to get a refund, as I do not need them now because the ceremony was last week. I was told by customer service that no refunds were allowed for online orders. This is $80 out of my own pocket and I had to purchase different holders at multiple stores, at a much higher cost. Super frustrating due to the fact it took me 5 calls to customer service before the call was even answered, the representative was super nice and understanding of the situation. But could not refund my money and offered to put a ticket into corporate office so they could review the still not shipped order. Would take 7-10 additional days to even hear from them. Do not place orders online. No tracking information available and no updates provided! I will never order anything from DOLLAR TREE (I call Dollarandaquarter Store) EVER AGAIN!!!!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed May 23, 2023

An Asst mgr sold me the wrong merchandise, the return was the start of the most horrid experience I’ve encountered and experienced; rude, dishonest, threatening behavior, verbally attacked, character defamation, unprofessional, all with her fabricating the situation to cover her conduct. After viewing reviews, I note there’s a pattern of ill behavior with most Dollar Tree associates and the question remains: Why is no one being held accountable or disciplined? New to Georgia and I have never encountered such an experience. I promptly returned items before leaving the store on one occasion, the service was so volatile. For certain, emails had to be sent to Corporate and awaiting their response. This is an outrage. Location: 567 Cobb Parkway, Marietta, GA. The Manager (**) added insult to injury when I bought my complaint and concerns regarding ** (Asst Mgr) conduct.

Reviewed May 15, 2023

Hello, My name is George **. I'm in Omaha Nebraska. My phone number is **. My email address is **. About an hour ago I had the worst customer service I've received in my 61 years. I was at the register checking out. As I set my items on the belt I told him that I needed to make 2 separate transactions. I set my items on the belt. After he rang up my first transaction (3 bags of licorice) he took my receipt by just tearing it off and throwing it away. Before he even had a chance to ring up my second transaction, I could tell he was in a bad mood. I told him that that is not the way to treat customers. He just said "Sorry, I'm having a bad day". Again I told him, "That that isn't how you treat customers no matter what type of day you're having." That just seemed to set him off worse.

I kept explaining that to just ring up my second transaction. My second transaction was trying to pay for 3 star shaped balloons. He tossed them aside and told me he wasn't going to help me. Again I told him to just ring me out. He said again that he wasn't going to help me. My second transaction was three star shaped balloons. As I headed to my car I decided to go back in and ask him why he was being so rude to me. He THEN said "Ya know what, there's a Dollar Tree 2 and a half miles away," and that I should go there. There were several customers behind me. In fact the lady behind me politely said that I have children with me and they didn't need to see or hear this. I told her that I agree and told her of the situation. At NO TIME DID I CURSE OR RAISE MY VOICE. I again told him to just ring me up. He told me again that he did apologize. If that was his his idea of an apology it was VERY weak.

The sad part of the entire situation is that I've always had cordial interactions in previous times that I've been there and he's helped me. I asked to speak to a manager. He told me he was an assistant manager. He still refused to ring me out. The man is in his mid 20's, **. Up until today he had been very friendly. To say that today's interaction was bad is a total understatement. I kept politely explaining that that isn't the way to treat customers. I'm in this particular store at about 138th and Q in Omaha at least a few times a week. I'm not going to accept the terrible treatment that I received from him. He was very confrontational. I don't care if you told me you "apologized". You just flat out do not treat customers the way you treated me. He AGAIN told me that he wasn't going to help me.

I left....and here I am filing a formal complaint because and about how I was treated by this young man. He had every opportunity to just take a very deep breath and ring me up. Instead he chose to be very confrontational about the entire situation by just throwing my second ,"transaction" behind him and telling me that he refused to help me. This could have been VERY easily avoided if he had just rung me out. I would have gone about my merry way, but he chose to take and make it a very, very terrible experience for me. I can't believe how this entire situation unfolded. It was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. I truly hope that this will be handled and addressed by the proper channel(s). Thank you very much.

George

Reviewed March 26, 2023

I personal have not frequented all the Dollar Tree stores in Iowa, but the dozen or so I have definitely need some work. Are there any cleaning standards in this day and age? No garbage cans to dispose of personal trash. The Dollar tree parking lot in Oelwein, IA is littered with trash on a regular basis. There is also tie bar wire sticking out waiting for someone to drive on, or trip over. The store entryway, I do not believe has EVER been vacuumed. It is filthy, I have NEVER seen it clean. What happen to having cleaning standards??? On a positive note, the Family Dollar in Monroe, Utah is one of the cleanest Dollar stores I have ever seen. Oh, by the way, when are their advertising signs in the window going to be changed? It has been at least a year since they have increased to 1.25 vs 1.00. Get with the program.

Reviewed March 17, 2023

Shout out to Dollar Tree Store # 3752 and the hard work managers and staff do to keep such a clean store. Personal appreciation to one of the managers named Rachel for great customer service. This store has everything so organized that it's very easy to shop and find what you are looking for.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2023

Shopped at Dollar Tree numerous times without an issue until today. I purchased wrong products and realized my mistake right away. They did not have items I needed, so, could not exchange immediately, therefore, I asked for a return/refund (which I learned, was not an option!). However, a store credit or a store gift card for the returned items is not an option either. They only can exchange item for item (again, they did not have what I needed). Thus, I am stuck with my purchase until I actually find something in the store for exchange. This is extremely inconvenient and definitely discouraging from shopping there in the future!

Dollar Tree Company Information