2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.0/5 (533 ratings)

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Tuesday, November 17, 2020. I used the bathroom in the store on Lake Street in Addison, IL and it was filthy. It looked like the floor has never been washed and the toilet and sink were disgusting. The soap dispenser was not working either. As I left the store I notified the store manager on duty and he just said he was going to lock the door. I feel that bathrooms are needed for customers and a little maintenance goes a long way. I did not feel that the manager listened to my concerns and just blew me off. If you need to use the bathroom at this store bring your Lysol and rubber gloves with you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Please read until the end!!! I honestly love the Dollar Tree, however, there’s this one Dollar Tree in particular that I feel gives the store brand a bad name. I went in today (October 13th) to get a Halloween decoration. I noticed boxes that were packaged up where the Halloween decorations use to be. So I asked an employee about the Halloween decorations and she pointed to area where the boxes were and said “We’re all sold out. That’s (pointing to packaged boxes) where the Halloween decorations were.” When I went to look, they had packaged up all the Halloween decorations to put out the Christmas decorations. You could see the Halloween label through the clear tape from the poorly packaged bleach boxes that they used. So I took pictures. My question is, is this a company wide practice lie or just this particular store? It’s only the 13th, plenty of time for people to still purchase Halloween items.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I had the opportunity to spend 200 on classroom paints to distribute for distance learning, so I ordered 6 packs of 36 in a hurry, and paid $72 for express shipping. I tried one out as soon as I got one (which I should have done before I did this), and ...

- The brush bristles are made of plastic and don't hold water.
- The paints are chalky, and they don't come off of the brush easily, and when they do come off, they don't spread.
- They are opaque, so rather than blending and giving dimension, they block out the colors behind them and cover any outlines.

- These are extremely chalky, and they don't function as regular watercolor paints. Even using the best quality paper and a regular watercolor brush, it is impossible to make them function.

Obviously I wanted my money back on time to buy more paints for my students, so I called customer service. Monday: Customer service said they would fill out a form for me and they'll call me back. Tuesday: no call back. Wednesday: Customer service said the first lady did not do it, but they would do it again. Thursday: no call back. Friday: Customer service said the Wednesday person filled the form out wrong. Monday: I got a voicemail simply stating that I'm stuck with them, according to their terms and conditions, all sales are final.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've never seen this store so up to date, clean, and filled, with lots of merchandise, until the New Store Manager, Danny **, took over! I've been shopping at this store for years, and it was always disgusting, merchandise all over the place and out of place, shelves empty. But after Mr. ** took over the store in July of 2020, he turned it upside down! What a great Store Manager, Danny **, is! He greets customers, hears their concerns, and is a great person to talk to. If he EVER leaves this store, in Suffolk Downs, Revere, Mass., it will never be the same, and my family and friends will go elsewhere! The fact that he served our country for 18 years in the Navy, makes it even better! God bless this great Store Manager at Dollar Tree, #04119.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Hi my name is Eric **... I visited (Dollar Tree) on 7020 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823 on July 24th, 2020 around 6 PM. While shopping I needed to use the Restroom and I asked ** who was running the Register if I could use the Restroom. (Note) I’m in a Wheelchair with a C4 Spinal Cord Injury, also I have a Syrinx around my Spinal Cord that puts pressure causing Pain and Impacts everything in my body due to the level of Injury... Well she tells me it isn’t for the Public and just says sorry and doesn’t explain anything further. Then the Manager ** comes and says, "You can’t because the sink is broken," and since Covid-19 is around I cannot use it because I can’t wash my Hands.

I get 2 different reasons why I can’t, then I’m thinking to myself well how do you wash your hands, do you not wash your hands? Do you use sanitizer because I always carry sanitizer and use it, do you just walk around with dirty hands which is nasty and should be a Health Concern since your touching things in the Store and even if I don’t use the restroom just being in the store that hundreds of people enter and touch everything is a risk so what is worse using the restroom or being in the store because they're both dangerous since Covid-19 is around so shouldn’t the Store be closed if the restroom is closed to the public since nobody is washing their hands in the store? It ridiculous that such a excuse was used to decline a Handicap the use of a restroom... Couldn’t she say, "Hey do you have sanitizer and if not buy some and I will let you use the restroom?" What is this world coming to, to decline a person in need?

I’m really upset and it's not only Wrong but Illegal to deny disabled people the restroom with conditions that could be life threatening... If I don’t use the restroom Autonomic Dysreflexia can occur, a sudden onset of Excessively high blood pressure. This is common in people with spinal cord injuries. We have to sit up or raise head so we’re looking straight ahead, loosen or take off tight clothing and accessories, empty bladder whether it’s urinating normally, using a foley catheter or catheter, use digital stimulation to empty the bowels. If this isn’t addressed it can cause seizures, retinal hemorrhage, pulmonary edema, renal insufficiency, myocardial infarction, cerebral hemorrhage and ultimately DEATH.

By the time I got done buying things and was seated in the SUV I ended up urinating on myself because it’s either hold it in and risk my health or just release on myself. I was treated wrong and this is discrimination and something needs to be done about the store policy and the people. I will be posting my experience where the public can see, so other disabled people will know what to expect from this store. I’ll be making a video on my YouTube channel about this because this should never have happened especially to disabled people.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The value proposition at Dollar Tree is an illusion. First of all, on multiple occasions I have not gotten what I ordered, instead, it was a smaller/fewer ounces container of the same or a poor substitute. This is a big deal when you are a charity ordering 100's of something only to get half the product you paid for and often times of poorer quality. Shipping is another problem, you place an order, and they say ground shipping is going to be over two weeks, so you pay extra (a lot) for expedited shipping, only to, when you're lucky, receive the product in 3-4 days with a ground shipping label on it, or worse yet, they profess that your order is on its way and that it must be 'lost in shipping', and then when you finally get it, the shipping label indicates it left their warehouse days after they said it was already on the road.

So these issues are consistent, not anomalies, and when you call Customer Service it takes multiple phone calls adding up to hours telling multiple people how you were ripped off, and even when you get them to say that they'll give you a refund, unless you call back several more times to press them it will never happen. Dollar Tree is genuinely the worst company I have ever done business with.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I meant to leave a review months ago so today after visiting Dollar Tree Store 2237 just want to congratulate Store Manager and staff for an excellent store showing. The store years ago was really Trashed by customers. Not kept up. Today walking in all products lined up at attention on the shelves. I know you have to go beyond the job to make it look so good. So appreciated by this Super Satisfied Customer!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Went into my local Dollar Tree. Was right away told I had to have a mask on. I said that I do not have to wear one. I was told I had to wear one or leave the store. I told the manager to watch her steps as she would find herself in a lawsuit, that the law is on my side on this issue. I refused to wear the mask and started to do my shopping. The manager was then loudly talking about people "like me" saying we are the ones getting others sick. I did not back down to this behavior and asked her why she is so anger. At this time. Other customers joined in saying things like "I cannot believe this guy: Etc." The disagreement lead to me being told that the police was being called. I left the store.

I later spoke on the phone with that manager, I wanted to understand why I was treated that way. I informed her that she was in the wrong to assume that I did not have a medical reason for not wearing a mask and that she should not assume anyone not wearing one does not have a reason. I told her the I do in fact have a medical and mental health reason and that the ADA protects people like "Me". She then tells me that private businesses are not regulated by the ADA and my information is incorrect. I have called MANY other Dollar Trees and asked their policies. ALL said they do require a mask. BUT would not confront a customer who is not wearing one, that they would not assume they did not have a medical reason. THAT is the correct answer. I find it funny that this manager does not seem to agree with Dollar Tree Corporate and moreover believes she does not have to follow ADA laws. I will be seeking legal action.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Dollar Tree has pretty amazing prices, but BE CAREFUL. The quality is often substandard. I got large cellophane storage bags there for a deal. They broke in six months. Their dishwashing liquid is very inexpensive, but it has about half the suds as commercial brands do. Need twice as much. Their dishtowels are a bargain, but they start falling apart in a year. That being said, their price on reading glasses is AMAZING, and the glasses are as good as what you get in other stores for VASTLY more money.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This afternoon (Thur 6/18) I visited Dollar Store # 4503 on Sandy Forks Rd in Raleigh NC. There was an unmasked woman w/ unmasked children who stood near me, within 6'. I asked her nicely to please give me six feet space. She turned to me and said "** You." I was stunned. She was quite loud about it. Several people turned. Another masked middle-aged woman approached me and said she heard and said that she had the same experience. Then a man approached me saying he had the same experience. I eventually found the "manager" ** upfront. She clearly had heard the woman. She told me to step aside while she filled a balloon for someone. After maybe three minutes, the customer who said "**" came near me and told me to go home. The manager said and did nothing.

Then the manager started calling me "love" and "sweetheart." I asked her to stop that. Her response was that she uses that name on everyone. I told her that I didn't like it and I considered it unprofessional. She came within a foot of me and continued to call me those names and said that she was doing the best she could. I disagreed. Another clerk, ** was not wearing a mask because she said it was too hot. Then she said she didn't have time for "this nonsense." I'm appalled that a customer was allowed to stay in the store and repeatedly insult several other customers by loudly saying "**." I'm also appalled that the manager did not about it, did not speak to that customer. I walked out of the store without making a purchase. I noticed several customers who heard the problem also dropped their items and left the store without purchasing. Is this what Dollar Store supports? I'd like to hear from someone about this.

Dollar Tree Company Information