2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dollar Tree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Tree?

Original review: June 20, 2020

Dollar Tree has pretty amazing prices, but BE CAREFUL. The quality is often substandard. I got large cellophane storage bags there for a deal. They broke in six months. Their dishwashing liquid is very inexpensive, but it has about half the suds as commercial brands do. Need twice as much. Their dishtowels are a bargain, but they start falling apart in a year. That being said, their price on reading glasses is AMAZING, and the glasses are as good as what you get in other stores for VASTLY more money.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This afternoon (Thur 6/18) I visited Dollar Store # 4503 on Sandy Forks Rd in Raleigh NC. There was an unmasked woman w/ unmasked children who stood near me, within 6'. I asked her nicely to please give me six feet space. She turned to me and said "** You." I was stunned. She was quite loud about it. Several people turned. Another masked middle-aged woman approached me and said she heard and said that she had the same experience. Then a man approached me saying he had the same experience. I eventually found the "manager" ** upfront. She clearly had heard the woman. She told me to step aside while she filled a balloon for someone. After maybe three minutes, the customer who said "**" came near me and told me to go home. The manager said and did nothing.

Then the manager started calling me "love" and "sweetheart." I asked her to stop that. Her response was that she uses that name on everyone. I told her that I didn't like it and I considered it unprofessional. She came within a foot of me and continued to call me those names and said that she was doing the best she could. I disagreed. Another clerk, ** was not wearing a mask because she said it was too hot. Then she said she didn't have time for "this nonsense." I'm appalled that a customer was allowed to stay in the store and repeatedly insult several other customers by loudly saying "**." I'm also appalled that the manager did not about it, did not speak to that customer. I walked out of the store without making a purchase. I noticed several customers who heard the problem also dropped their items and left the store without purchasing. Is this what Dollar Store supports? I'd like to hear from someone about this.

Original review: May 17, 2020

With the social distancing I understand the whole six feet apart, but while waiting in a long, slow line I stepped in front of the tape line to put a few things on the belt and was told to get back behind the line by the cashier. Very rudely and I was more than six feet from the people that were grabbing their bags and leaving. This cashier felt he had all kinds of authority to talk to me the way he did when I was telling him I’m trying to make space at the end of the line because people were piling up trying to get through and the lone was moving extremely slow. He tells me to do what he said and if I don’t like it to call the governor. He kept going on and on.

I finally told him to stop talking to me and let him know I will never return to that store. He said, "Good." He doesn’t care. As I went to pay with my card the card machine had a ziplock bag on it that everyone was touching and never was sanitized. Not to mention the carts are not being sanitized either. He then hands me my receipt and sarcastically says, "Thank you so much." I then said to stop being sarcastic and he told me no as he laughed at me. Something needs to be done with this cashier. I will NEVER return to a Dollar Tree after this experience.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Dollar Tree Upland @ 9:30 am, my shopping experience was unpleasant. The floors were very nasty I mean every aisle. The debit machine had plastic on it. Not being wiped after customer use, & no hand sanitizer.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Today I went into the Dollar Tree 6651 20 in Glen Burnie, Maryland to purchase some necessary items for my family. The manager, Eric, was highly unprofessional, using profanity towards myself and other customers. He stated that we were 'doing nothing' if we didn't have the exact mask face he had on and that we 'might be contaminating his store'. He further went on to say in front of the entire store and his employees that he was 'tired of this **' and tired of having 'to deal with small minds' as he questioned whether we could read. A gentleman came into the store with a face shield, some which are FDA approved. Eric yelled at the customer and told him he could not be in the store 'with whatever that was' he had on his face and 'couldn't he read the sign on the door'.

This unprofessional behavior is condescending, rude and very insensitive. When I inquired as to why other stores were allowing face coverings but not face masks as there was a wait time for them, Eric responded that they weren't following corporate direction and he 'didn't have time for this **, read!' I had a face covering as outlined by the Governor's Order #20-04-15-01. He pointed me out to the entire store and said I was 'doing nothing and don't come back unless I had a mask just like his'. Note: at no time did myself or any other customer be rude, loud, or condescending but Eric did not like to be questioned and responded with aggression. As there are other stores in my area, I will not be returning to this store and no longer support it. As a supporting, paying customer of over 10 years I will go where my business and money is appreciated and respected. Eric is a disgraceful representation of (Dollar Tree) management.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Dollar Tree 5115 W Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46241. The employees at this store refused service to a women today while I was at this store and in Indiana this is perfectly legal. They can refuse service to anyone for any reason but as the women was exiting the store after being refused service the cashier decided to throw one last comment into the already heated conversation telling the woman she did not have to serve her **. At that point is when I decided to step in and told the woman it was unnecessary to make a comment about her race and that type of behavior is unacceptable and she should be ashamed of herself.

After paying for my items I was on my way to my vehicle when another Dollar Tree employee who had been following behind me yelled, "I just quit. I quit my job," throwing her hands up and challenging me to a fight in the parking lot. This entire store needs to be restaffed with people who know how to function properly in society. This is why the woman was refused service and asked to leave.

The women wanted to buy puzzles for her grandkids and the employee was working/restocking in that aisle and the customer got in the way I guess and the employee told her that puzzles aren't essential items anyway. To which the older lady said, "They're essential for me. My grandkids are bouncing off the walls under these stay at home orders and need something to occupy their time." Once the customer made her way to the checkout line and stood waiting behind me she and the women in front of me must've been together because she started to tell the women "The lady said these ain't essential items and I told her my grandbabies are going crazy and these are very essential for me".

While laughing a little the women in front of me said "oh yeah they just started doing that". Then the women behind me suddenly remembered she had forgotten something so she ran to grab it just as the employee that was stocking began yelling, "Get out. Get your ** out of here. You wanna run your mouth. It's not my job to help you occupy your kids and since you wanna run your mouth you can get out," and the lady said, "I'll leave after I pay for my items," and the employee said, "No. You'll leave now." Then the cashier started on the customer too saying, "I'm not going to cash you out so you better leave," and it was the cashier that made the comment about her race and it was the employee that was stocking shelves that followed me into the parking lot.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I am a Tax deferred Veteran in the State of Oklahoma. Each time my Wife or I come into Dollar Tree we must fill out a long Dollar Tree Form SSTGB Form # F0003 exemption Certificate (5-10-11). Normally I walk into a store show my State Exemption card and the Clerk types in my Exemption number on my transaction receipt and they verify this Card belongs it me. This type of procedure needs to be updated in your system for each Dollar Tree Transactions. This would speed up time for the Clerk to help other Dollar Tree shoppers at the check out Register.

Sincerely;

Steven

I appreciate your attention to correct this matter and other Tax Deferred Customers.

Original review: March 29, 2020

During these days of Social Distancing I find it appalling that you have disabled online ordering so you "can keep your stores as full as possible". I have always used your store for business supplies but may rethink that and will share this with others. You are FORCING people to contact others. I am BEGGING you to open Online ordering to help STOP the spread of this virus.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I placed an order for 2 cartons of tissues, as I have bought them before with no problems. Both my husband and myself are disabled and over 60, he is also in the middle of chemo, so we are unable to get out very often and order necessities in bulk. My order went through and I was given an order number. I received an email thanking me for the order and telling me it was being processed. I received another email 7 days later, stating one carton went on backorder, so I would be sent one and the other would be sent within 30 days. Then I received another email stating that my entire order had been cancelled, I would get nothing, and my charge would be credited. I cannot believe they charged me before even sending the order out, that they made me wait around 10 days before telling me, or that they decided people who placed orders later than mine deserved it more.

Now with the coronavirus problem, I am unable to even get Kleenex anywhere where I live--something that wasn't a problem 10 days ago. My husband needs these, they have taken away our options of getting them someplace else, but said we could reorder them at a later date, after the coronavirus threat is over. We need them now, not months down the road. I am so tired of dealing with this company, customer service is a joke. I will never buy anything from them again--either online or from a store.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Good morning: Today Friday March 6, 2020 I walked into your store #4177. The first you could hear is the manager (no name tag) and an associate having a personal work related inappropriate conversation that was very loud you could hear from the back of the store. A customer and her child were ready to check out and you could tell that she was very upset about her experience in the store that morning, she asked the associate if they had any more of a certain product, the associate asked the manager that was standing close by if they had any, the manager dismissively just said no, the customer asked, "When would you have more," annoyed said, "I don't know."

The customer turned and asked the associate if she was the manager and then called her out of name. The customer was unacceptable, but quite honest, I was thinking it. The manager told her to leave and she was pointing the finger at her and told her she had 3 seconds before called the police. The customer was gathering her things and her child to leave and the manager kept yelling at her to leave and not to forget her child. Well that unfortunately made everything worst because it turned the conversation to how she was ready to fight the customer, again very loud.

I approached the associate and asked for the corporate number, she asked why and I said I had my reason, she called the manager and asked for the number, the manager asked me why and again I said I had my reasons. She said she did not have it. I asked if I could provided feedback in private. She very loud said that I can say what I want right there, at the register. I told her that the customer was out of line and that was unacceptable, but that the customer behavior was not without provocation. Her response was "this is the way I am, this is the way I talk. I will not apologize for the way I act or what I talk about." I said ok and left. I left feeling like I was leaving a dangerous back alley where curse words are being used and talk about violence. My hope for this email is for the manager and associate to take a course in retail workplace environment and customer service. Thank you.

Dollar Tree Company Information