Dollar General

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I live in Cottageville, we have a Dollar Gen, and Walterboro. I stopped going to Cottageville Dollar Gen because of the rude employees and today I went to the one on Sidney Road. I stood at the register for at least 10 min. The boy working looked at me and walked off and will I waited but then I asked if anyone was working the register, I got a dirty look from the boy and still no service. I left everything on the counter and left. This no way to treat your customers. Me nor my family will ever step foot in Dollar General again. I'm very disappointed in these Dollar Generals. Never again.

I went to Dollar General in Lake MS on September 1, 2017. They were have a 70% off clearance on chimes and other things on the outside. There were 70% off signs posted everywhere stating how much items would cost after the % off the original prices marked. So we had a buggy full of items that should have ranged from 30 cents each up to $2.10 each. When we got to the register, Nothing was ringing up for the price it should have. I questioned it and was told by one of the managers that, that was what the price in the system was. needless to say I did not purchase any of the items I wanted because if you tell me something will be 70% off, that is what it should be, not 63% off. Now that may not be much of a difference to some people but I refuse to pay any more than the sign says. I know this is not the fault of the manager or clerks but I will not buy any clearance items or sale items from Dollar General and unless its necessary I will not shop there.

I visited the Dollar General store in Cranston this morning to do a little bit of shopping. And I was terrified by how the store looked empty. Hardly any food on shelves. Not only that, the employees who work there are highly rude, loud, and offensive towards others. I asked an employee if she can tell me where their Windex was, and was told back of store with her pointing a finger in the direction. She didn't even offer to walk and show me.

As I'm walking checking stuff out I overheard a widely loud conversation being discussed by her and 2 employees whom later identified themselves as Kelsie, Laura and Tony. I couldn't imagine who was who. The disrespect and unkind profanity words along with laughs and giggles regarding people from other stores (from what I gathered) to bragging how they drink on the job banana shots... to even hearing this lady who was called by her true name identified as Laura express with confidence how she is better in bed than her boyfriend's x girlfriend and how her hiring men is better eye candy?! Talk about inappropriate Conversations and behavior. Mind you there are children also around in store.

I thought to myself what kind of store manager let alone company would allow such disgusting unprofessional talk and behavior in the workplace. I have been to other Dollar General stores and by far this store is the worst. The district management and CEO should be ashamed of themselves. I like my Dollar General however this store and its employees are out of control. I as a customer am horrified by all I heard and seen. I even seen a guy step out of the restroom with a female. An employee walked by and said "done" and she started laughing. It was at that point I dropped my basket and walked out. Do not shop at the Dollar General store located in Cranston off Broad street. The district management and management there should be reprimanded. I doubt filing a complaint wouldn't matter. Its obvious this stores management on all levels show no signs of concern.

I purchased 3 wind chimes on August 28th. The sign said clearance 50% off, the sales clerk wouldn't honor and said it wasn't on sale anymore. The sign said clearance not sale with no dates on it. Just said all wind chimes on clearance 50% off, markdown taken at the register. I get to the register. The cashier was very rude and very snippy, saying she wasn't calling the manager and to leave her store. I'm never shopping at another Dollar General and to top it off she kept my receipt but I paid with my credit card, so there is record there about my purchase.

I purchased two items $8.00 a piece off of a tables that had signs all around it that said 50% off. The items were for a cell phone. When I checked out the cashier was grumbling about sale items, voided the ticket and recheck all the items again. I checked my receipt when I got home and I was charged $16.00 for both of the items. I returned to the store. The cashier told me the cell phone items on that table are not 50% off. I questioned her about the sign of 50% off and she said they are not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

This is a horrible place to shop!!! I was in the Maudlin SC store on Augusta 7 and there was glass in the aisle that I didn't see. I walk over it not knowing and injured my foot. I notified the manager and she had a VERY NASTY ATTITUDE about the glass! I had 3 visits to the doctor, Xrays, and now I have to have an MRI due to their negligence. I have had 2 conversation with Josh ** (RISK MANAGEMENT) and he stated that their not responsibility and they have a protocol that the staff walks the aisle every 15 minutes because the store is in a Shrink area (meaning high for theft). THATS a LIE.

From the time I was in the store I only notice one employee and she was on the register. I only notice the second employee because I went and found her on aisle on the other side of the store. He stated they would pay my out of cost because I have private insurance. Well My insurance shouldn't have to pay for anything at all. It's Dollar General negligence. I want the video surveillance from that day it will show that I'm not liable.

If you look at the current Dollar General ad they are offering 24 packs of Pepsi and Mountain Dew products for 5.95. Now another ad came out and they are offering 12 packs 4 for $10 of also Pepsi and Mountain Dew. When you pull up to these stores the sign for these pop sales are located right on the window. When you walk in they are nowhere to be found. I was told by the store managers into stores that they do not carry Pepsi products. They had a break out with the company, although they are in both ads. I guess I find this to be false advertisement and very wrong on this store’s part. So messed up. If you no longer carry these products why would you have the ads with them in it and the signs hanging in your window but you do not carry the products.

I was asked to work for Dollar General. They are so unorganized, filthy, disrespectful. I worked on a broken foot. Had a Dr note. They did not care. Almost fired me for asking to leave. Then I was admitted in the hospital since my white cells were low and the manager ** told me over text that I'm off schedule completely after days of ignoring me. I call the Corp office and the man I spoke to called me a liar. Said my Dr notes don't matter. This is the worst company I have ever worked for and the store is completely disgusting. Just the dirt is hidden because they are so lazy. It's Dollar General on East Colonial and Murdock in Orlando, FL 32817. Never work there. This year alone 18 people quit. Gotta tell you something. I was a dedicated customer as well and will never go again.

Went into the Dollar General Sunday 07/30/17 for some cleaning items. Browsed the store for a while and needed help, no one was available on the floor. So I asked the cashier, he did say he was attending to the cash register, in a very unconcerned response. Another customer said that one other person was in the stock one. I walked to the back and knocked on the door, a young man name Bryon came out to help me with no complaint. Got what I needed and went to check out, hubby has the Dollar General app on his phone, he had coupons in his cart but, could not get them to show at the register. So I ask the employee who had identified he self as the Manager to help, I knew he was not the manager of this store. He was already mad about me complaining so he got very arrogant, aggressive & and hostile. So I left the items/walked out the store. He walked out behind my family and I, steady talking stupid talk.

All of this was done on the company time. Had the audacity to call me a **/ of course I called him one back. This young man Jurell is a safety hazard and a endangerment to the public. I reported him to Dollar General Corporation in Tn. The company could care less about employees at this store on Macarthur in Alexandria, La. If you do not respect the customer / they will take their business else where. He made a comment that he only makes 200.00 a week/ that he didn't give damn about that job. That's true his actions showed that they need to take a look at who is opening the boxes/ working cash register at that store. Don't just throw anybody off the streets into a position to attend customer service. I will not spend a penny there again.

This review is for the Dollar General located at 1220 Pioneer Road in Mesquite, TX. This store is fairly new, less than two years old, yet it is so cluttered you can't get down most of the aisles with your shopping basket. They seem to always have bins, racks, or stacks of items that need to be stocked. It does not matter what time of day, or what day of the week I go there. It is almost as if they see a space, and decide to put some clutter there. Today, August 1, 2017, I was at the store around 11:00 a.m. There were so many bins stacked in the aisle where paper goods were, you could not get to the trash bags. The pet food aisle had so much stuff down it that needed to be put on shelves you could not push a shopping cart down the aisle.

Most of the rest of the store had the same type problem. I know it must be difficult to keep all the shelves stocked, especially with popular items, or items on sale. But this store is this way all the time!! Can they not do the stocking during the hours they are closed? And what do they have against having a little space to navigate thru the store? Tell me when is the least busy time and I will attempt to go during those hours -- but I will still have to put up with junk in the aisles!

I shopped at this store and was told that they do not bag items with handles on them such as the laundry detergent I purchased as well as the Hawaiian Punch I purchased. I was told that it is the rule from Corporate and even if a customer requests a bag the employees are not allowed to accommodate the customer. This means making more trips to carry things out of the store and into my home. I also was going to purchase coffee which was on the bottom shelf of your store on Third Street in Dixon, Il. The price tag was evidently put in the wrong space by an employee. I asked the manager to honor the price listed and was told no because customers change the labels. I did not move the label at all. The cashier told me that is not the law to honor the price.

I contacted your Corporate Office and did not receive a call from the district manager. I finally received a phone call after I called again. The district manager stated in her notes that she had attempted to contact me at both phone numbers I left with Corporate. There was no caller ID showing any missed call and not one voice mail. She then offered me a $20. gift card for the inconvenience. I was told to pick it up at the store on Brinton in Dixon, Il.

I arrived at that store and was told there was NO gift card and I would have to deal directly with Tara the store manager. I asked her hours. I was told she starts at 8 a.m. I asked until what time she worked and was told it varies. I asked the cashier to call her and he did not want to, but finally did. He was at the register checking other customers out while he was on the phone. He stated loudly, "This is about the woman who had an ISSUE at the Third Street Store." The customers all turned around and looked at me. I said, "Yes I am the woman who had the ISSUE." I also asked him for the phone number to Corporate and he said he is not allowed to give the number out. I asked why as it is on the Internet. No answer.

I had asked the cashier if I could speak to Tara and he ignored me. I asked if he could call her back so I could speak to her about when she would be there. He again, did not want to call. He eventually called back and told her I wanted to speak to her and I heard her loudly say "About what???". I contacted corporate again and was given incorrect case numbers regarding my complaints.

I have again spoken to Corporate today and am waiting to hear of some resolution. This is really uncalled for and not professional in any way. I am very disappointed with the employees at both stores as well as Lisa Decker who is the District manager. The case number of my first complaint is **. I was given #**. The case number for my complaint at the store on Brinton was supposed to be #**. That case number is non existent. Is this the proper way to handle a complaint?

Dirty store, fire hazard, expired food! First of all, I've been complaining about this to anyone I can, for the past several months. There are so many instances of bad customer service, negative customer experience, and so on, that I've picked my top 3 that I'll share here: Earlier this year, after stopping to get a few grocery items we needed at a local Dollar General, I practically fell over many boxes, pallets, and other products just stacked on the floor. Of course, as always, they were completely blocking some aisles, causing a hazard if people needed to get out in a hurry. When I finally made it to the food aisle (due to the fact that they rearranged the store for the 4th time in 8 months!), I noticed that several canned items were so severely dented that the contents were leaking onto the shelves and floor below!

Disgusted, I moved to the condiment aisle to get some nice, fresh Ranch dressing (After all, it's a new food item in a store, right?). I chose my favorite, trusted brand, then went to get a gallon of milk. When I opened the cooler door, I noticed a scent of spoiled milk, and the first container I touched was soaked with milk from another broken container above it. I wisely decided to pass on getting the milk...

Getting home to eat a nice, fresh chef salad that my wife had made, we doused it with the new Ranch dressing only to take a first (and last!) nasty bite; it was spoiled. Very spoiled. Almost a year out-of-date. Disgusting. I tried calling the store (in Tully, NY, by-the-way), but no one answered. I called corporate; same result. The next day, I took the spoiled, expired product back to the store. After waiting nearly 10 minutes for the "manager" to have a wonderful conversation with his pajama-clad mother (ironically, she's also a manager of the same store!), I approached with the spoiled product. The "manager" (I use that term very loosely; I wouldn't let this dude manage a lemonade stand!) seemed unfazed that they would have such an "old" product on the shelves, and he then stumbled through trying to give me a refund.

At this point, I have not returned to shop at ANY of the Dollar General stores. Anywhere. Nationwide, I have heard the same stories, and then stumbled on this site spewing the same. Ironically, I am a food safety expert, and nationally-accredited trainer on many corporate topics including customer service and management. When I finally did get ahold of corporate, they weren't interested in my "free" advice, let alone my story. Hopefully you were (if you've made it this far to read this, then you probably are!). Good luck, God Bless, and be a good customer --- let everyone know!

The Mahomet IL store is filthy dirty, you can't walk through the aisles and the shelves are never stocked. The music they play isn't appropriate for a store. Dollar General should be ashamed to have their name on this place.

I don't even know how to begin this review. I am so angry. The Dollar General near me is new, only been open a year or two. Apparently they do not know how to treat people. The manager, the one who should be a role model, scolded my son for "taking things he does not need." He grabbed dog treats, which we did want, and she decided to scold him. Again, my 3 year old, she decided to inform me "made a mess" when he was choosing a toy. How? Putting toys in the wrong spot! Long story short I kneeled down and told my son to clean his "mess" and made him put things back in the correct spots. This was the same woman who accused my 3 year old of stealing the last time we were in the store, which he did not, but I did apologize if he grabbed something and did not put it where it belonged. She was rude but I brushed it off. This time was even worse.

So after all of that we get to the register, and again their credit card machines were declining everyone like they did the last time I was there. She told the woman in front of me, it was her card and she doesn't know what to tell her. It then happened again to me. My son became impatient and started to cry. She turned to the other customers and said, "Sorry!" The customer said, "Don't be sorry. You can't change technology" and she said, "No. For the brat child," and pointed at my son! I said, "For the record he is three years old." She said, "Well maybe you should learn to discipline him!" Really? This 19 year old child just told me how to raise my 3 year old? Anyone who has ever had kids, have been mortified by their behaviors before.

I then said, "Don't tell me how to discipline my child" and requested her name. She gave me a fake name. She's a horrible worker. She is unpleasant every time I see her, to me, to all the other customers and to her staff. She yelled at my three year old and rips items out of his hands! What kind of monster does that? And he is a completely normal 3 year old. Not just saying that. He didn't know the organization of the toys, that was it. He did attempt to put them back and I did speak to him about it. But she didn't see nor care about that. She wanted to be the arrogant person she is and scold me and my son, as she does every single customer that doesn't do exactly as she wishes. Karma will get her. If she is not let go of after I report this issue, I will take this even further. I can't believe someone would act that shameful. I anticipate action. In the meanwhile, should you live in that area DO NOT GO THERE ESPECIALLY WITH KIDS!

This store in Deweyville Texas 77632 43445 State Hwy 87, Orange, TX is filthy, dirty and most of all a fire hazard. A person cant get down some aisles because it's blocked by carts with products that need to be stocked on shelves. You can't find anything on shelves because it's on the carts. If there was a fire people would be trapped in this store. Someone namely you need to do something about this maybe an Undercover Boss and see conditions for yourself.

I shop at Dollar General Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista, AZ. often for my work. Earlier this week I was in there and the Manager (Tony) was obviously training a new assistant Manager. I immediately noticed how very respectful and courteous Tony was to the employee. As Tony was explaining the store to the employee, he made a point to always follow up with words of encouragement. Tony found actions taken by the employee and was able to build those actions up and turn it into a very positive learning experience. I have been a Management Trainer in the past and It was VERY refreshing to get the privilege to overhear a Manager doing everything correctly while training a new employee. Whatever training you are providing your Managers, it is working!!!

I had the WORST experience with the Store Manager in Imperial, DON! I forgot my pin on my card which caused my transaction to be voided and re rung on a different card. When voiding the first transaction the cash registers froze, causing the Manager Don to call Corporate to reset the registers. The second ringing of my transaction STILL failed and again needed re rung to find out the card was debited on the first transaction. When trying to talk to Don, he was completely frustrated about his registers going down. He would not LISTEN to me when I kept telling him I had the credit company on the phone insisting there is NO VOID transaction, my card PAID the first transaction. Instead of talking calmly with me, he called the police. The situation could have been resolved easily.

He was flustered with down registers, as I was frustrated as a consumer. Don told police I was not allowed back into the store. I spend thousands per month. Just because Don was having a BAD day, I am banned from the store. Please know, I never raised my voice, made a scene, or talked rude. All I did was question a transaction and had the police called on me and banned from a store I frequent often. Extremely upsetting when Don obviously lacks customer service ability. Every worker in that store knows me and knows I am respectful and kind. If Don can't handle a simple down register issue and still be polite, he should seek new employment. I will keep him in my prayers since could use God as his higher power. Treat others the way you want to be treated, it will come back ten fold.

Very poorly kept grounds @ The property at 51st Blue Ridge, Raytown Mo, is a new store! Not mowed on a regular time, trash all over property, some of the grass is 6-8 ft tall separating the Senior Villa, 40 seniors live in and have to look at on a daily basis! We have went to the City of Raytown with matter, as tall grass and weeds are a violation of Codes. This makes our community look very bad! I know Dollar General can afford to keep their grounds mowed and care about the communities they build their stores in!

Shop Dollar General stores often on weekly basis. Stopped by today at store #11664 10656 Highway 190 Opelousas, LA. Was a total mess. Isles blocked. Huge carts of potting soil. A lot of the isles you couldn't attempt to go down. There was merchandise on the floors. Couldn't walk down isle too cluttered. Store isn't very clean. Associates were nice and the young lady working finally asked if she could help me find something. Told her I was looking for Murphy's Oil Soap. She said she wasn't familiar with it but maybe on the next isle with dishwashing, laundry detergents, etc.

I went to a store on Chincoteague, VA to get cat food. It was at 10 o'clock at night. The cashier could not get the customer she was waiting on through the line. I asked to open a new line so she did. The store was a wreck. I asked, "Why?" She said, "Shorthanded" so I asked for a number to call about the mess. She said there wasn't one, talk to the manager Monday. Really slow. She told me to leave and not come back then she followed me out of store and said good luck with your complaint.

WORST DOLLAR GENERAL EVER!!! "Francis", one of the poorly trained employees at this location, just said to a line of people building up behind my wife that she comes in all the time begging. We go to this location regularly and spend hundreds of dollars, I'm looking at many many receipts for our patronage, this one from yesterday $46.20. These people often try to blame the customer for not being able to perform their own duties. The new ** manager (we've seen 6 since this location opened) is responsible for that talk, and has often been unable to complete multiple payment transactions, and even lie about why, when others know what they're doing. Awful, awful people who actually put the safety of customers at risk with their inadequacy.

I was not provided a receipt for my purchase and was told that they wouldn't be able to help me any further because the manager 'can't just make a receipt appear' and that I had to leave the store. He was incredibly rude and I was beyond embarrassed by the way I was treated. When I asked for his name, he refused to give it to me and told me that if I called customer service, that they 'wouldn't do anything anyway'. I don't think me asking him for a receipt was an inordinate request.

It took two weeks to hear back from customer service after attempting to contact them several times. Instead of a phone call, as requested, they sent me a generic email with a half-hearted apology. They also sent me a 'receipt' that doesn't have the store name or date of purchase, while also telling me that this 'receipt' is not valid for returns. I will not be able to be reimbursed by my company for the purchase because of this. I will certainly never return to this store and recommend that others avoid it as well.

I went into the Dollar General today to grab a few things for my son to go to camp. I noticed I picked up something I had at home. I told my 11 yr old to take it back and put it on the shelf. When he took it back. He set it in the wrong spot and the employee that was standing there looked at him and said "Really **." Smh at the fact a grown man would talk to my son this way. I'm so lost for words that he would be treated this way.

3 different items rang up higher than the price on the shelf stated at the local store I shopped at yesterday. I asked the cashier about this and her only replies were "I'm sorry", "do you still want the items" and "like I said, I'm sorry". No attempt was made by her or the other employee standing next to her. No solution was offered. I was completely blown off. I don't think I will be returning to this store anytime soon!! They acted very bothered by me being there. Weights and measures needs to check these stores out!

I drove to the store to get something very specific, a quick trip to run in and run out. I was surprised to find the store 14858 on West Fuqua in Houston Tx closed, with the employee/night mgr Standing inside mouthing that they were closed. He had indicated that he was closed already to another would be patron who was there before me who was looking confused as to why the store was closed early. The employee was motioning to me, mouthing the words, "We're closed." There was approximately 10 min left before the store's closing hours. This is a neighborhood store where people do run in at the last minute. Such is the nature of discount retail in this area. I would hope that this is an isolated incident and not the way the store will continue to be managed. Many people value having Dollar General in the area. It's a fine store. Please don't continue to close the store earlier than the posted hours.

ECoupons not working several times. I have done ECoupons for a while now. I know to make sure I have the ECoupons in advance so that I receive the savings but this time I didn't receive them when I signed in. I told the cashier about the problem and she said there was nothing she could do to fix the problem. She also claimed ECoupons hadn't been working earlier this day. I would have saved over $8.00 off my purchase on ECoupon being $5.00 off a purchase of $25.00 or more. My total was over $60.00. This is not the first time I had problems with ECoupons but it is definitely the last time I shop at Dollar General stores ever!!! I didn't want to even give them one star rating. I also email Dollar General corporation and got no response. Walmart will be seeing more of me!!

I need to file a complaint with your corporate office. I hate to tell the story on social media for all to see before I first speak with someone in the corporate office, but I've already called the 800 number and given my story to a young lady that promised I would receive a call back. I have not gotten a call. I also went online looking for an email address that I could send this to, but then it said that if I wanted to reach corporate I would need to do that through one of your social media accounts.

Today I visited store #06894 at 7415 Tazewell Pike Corryton, Tn. When I entered the store I didn't spend any time shopping or browsing. I went directly to the checkout counter. I asked the young man if I could please give him $140 cash and he place that cash onto a Kaiku prepaid debit card that I own. He told me he didn't know but that he would try. The transaction didn't work and the young man gave me my $140+ fee back and told me he was sorry. That's when an older man, about 45 or 50 yrs old, walked up and told me to wait a second. I did. He tore the receipt from the register and read it aloud. He read "Transaction declined. Customer is entitled to immediate refund of $143.95." The young man again told me he was sorry so I said thank you and walked out to my car.

After starting my car the older man, **, ran up to my window and knocked on it. I rolled the window down and he yelled "You need to come back in... now". I told him "Okay" and I turn to grab my purse so that I could get out of my car. He yelled again "Get out of the car now. That money's on that card." I told him that I didn't have a problem going back in but that he needed to take his hands off of my door so that I could roll up my window and lock my car before I go inside. He yelled "No, I'll call the cops. You're not taking off on me. You're not driving out of here." Again, I told ** to please take his hands off the window so that I can roll it up and I would get out of the car. I told him that there were things in my car and I wanted to just roll up the window. I assured him again that I didn't have a problem going back inside.

I reached for my keys to turn off my car and to take them out of the ignition but I believe he thought I was trying to start the car because he blocked my hand from being able to grab the keys. I believe he didn't realize my car had already been started. That's when I asked him to step back so that I could get out and that's when he opened my car door for me. I had to leave my purse in the car, and the window down and my engine running while I walked back in because every move I made he would start yelling at me and threatening to call the police. By this time I was shaking pretty bad and crying. I had no idea what had happened. Even if the transaction had gone through and the money was in fact on my card, I had only left the inside of the store because ** and the younger man told me the transaction had been declined and that they couldn't help me.

So I make it back into the store and I asked ** why he would treat me this way and what I did wrong. There were customers inside the store staring at me, at this point. ** said, "You've got to understand that we have thefts every day." I told ** I didn't steal anything and that the only reason I left the inside of the store is because he told me the transaction had been cancelled. I kept saying I couldn't believe what was happening and I have never, in my life, been treated so poorly in any store.

Then ** says "You have to sign this." I look down to read the receipt I'm signing and the receipt says "AMT DUE TO CUSTOMER $143.95." After I signed it I looked up waiting for ** to tell me I must give him the money back, but he didn't. He told me that receipt was my copy. I was completely confused at this point and I started to walk out of the store without saying anything at all to anyone and when I get to the door ** yells "You have a nice day too." I believe when we got back into the store ** realized that no money had made it onto the card and I believe that the reason he kept saying "You've got to understand we have thefts every day" rather than saying he was sorry is because he had treated me so poorly in front of the store full of customers and he didn't want those other customers to know he was wrong. He would rather let them go on thinking I had actually tried to steal from the store.

I was mortified when this was happening. I was scared and had no idea what I had done wrong. When I say that I've never been treated so poorly ever in my life while out shopping that is the truth. I still have not received a call from your corporate office. I did end up calling the district manager on her cell phone, but she didn't answer and I could leave a message b/c her inbox was full. I want this man to be fired. He has no business at all interacting with the public if he thinks this behavior is okay. He had no right to keep me from being able to lock up my car or roll up my window. He had no right to block my hand from reaching for my car keys as I was sitting in my car. If you let this go and do nothing about it, and you choose not to call me back I promise you I will go ahead and retain attorney Tuesday afternoon and then just let the attorney handle it from there.

My neighborhood Dollar General Is the best. Cashiers are extremely polite and helpful. The manager is constantly going out of her way to help customers. Store is very clean and tidy, it's always a pleasure to shop. I am happy that Dollar General is in my neighborhood.

I recently shopped at the Dollar General Store in Warsaw Ky. The store is a total mess, carts of stock are all over the aisles. Every aisle was full of stock carts. My husband and I could not even shop in the store. The store had no Manager and if you could get in the aisle the shelf was empty. I live in Warsaw and would love to see this store succeed but with this mess I will spend our money elsewhere. When I ask the employee at the register why the store was this way and why stock was not put out little by little his reply was really stupid. He said because all the shelf were empty they needed to leave the stock carts to put stuff out in the aisles. As a previous retail manager this makes no sense. Especially since there were no employees there to put product out. I will also state this store is always a mess and I wish the higher up would fix it.

I recently completed a survey using the information on a former receipt. This was for $3 off $15. I purchased $20 worth of merchandise, and presented the coupon. The clerk [Julie] said that the discount had been applied but neither she, nor I could find where it indicated this on the current receipt. After I added up all the purchases I made at the list price, it noted that I had purchased $20+ and then after each and every item there was a pennies deduction which brought the total to $17+.

#1 I think this is a terrible way to show the customer that the discount was taken. It should have been subtotaled at $20 then shown the entire $3 discount. Julie was at all times gracious and helpful in spite of the fact that this was a busy time of the day and she was working alone trying to stock shelves and attend to customers.

#2 When I tried to go online and submit my comments via the survey I was told I wasn't allowed to do that since I had used the discounts previously. I can appreciate that you don't want the same person completing a survey again and again, but I was given no other option to get this comment to you without having to search through the many listings on the internet.

If you want to help your customers, I would suggest you simplify the procedures. Both when presenting a coupon for discount and for comments other than a survey. Perhaps you could add an option when you refuse to let a customer take the survey. Since you give a coupon at the end of the receipt anyway. Why don't you simply offer a discount coupon even if you DON'T want them to complete the survey. It makes me feel that I just won't bother in the future to let you know how my experience was, be it good or bad. It is a good thing to have Dollar General in our locality. But since the recent change in employment management, it appears that you neither care about your customers by not having staff on hand to help them, and you'll be lucky to keep the few good people you now have.

Dollar General Company Profile