2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (1173 ratings)

About Dollar General

Dollar General Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My Fiance was checking out in our small town with a personal check from my acct. He was unable to use the check as he inadvertently forgot his photo identification at home-as he was about to leave to head home for his ID an extremely kind woman came out and offered to pay our bill! When he stated he would be right back she said "No, I just want you to have a good day!" Amazing act of generosity and we most certainly appreciated this kindness and will pay it forward when an opportunity arises. Thank you New Lisbon, WI Dollar General! :)

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I would like to give a shout out to Gabby at Dollar General on Main Street in Middletown, VA. Great customer service and always helpful and friendly. Diane is also awesome and helpful. Great place to shop!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I visit the Sonoraville Georgia Dollar General very frequently. Last evening was no exception. The cashier Megan was working her tail off taking care of customers while the pinpad wasn't working on one of the registers. She another employee trying to get all of the customers through the line quickly. With the impatient customers with the ugly remarks, she maintains a cool attitude and has a smile on her face. I have no idea who the store manager is but he/she should be elated to have such a hard-working young lady. When she is working the store is always clean and well maintained. I'm being a voice for for her. I wanted to leave a review for the store manager or maybe a district manager, but I couldn't find a link or website? I hope this gets to her management.

Original review: April 11, 2021

For weeks now every time I ask to get the key for restroom I am told it is out of order..Is this some sort of Covid19 preventative policy?..There was a dirty diaper and excrement on the parking lot just a few feet away from entrance to the store..Is that saying something to you Dollar General?

Original review: March 29, 2021

This is a review of the Dollar General located at: 3800 Us Highway 76, Young Harris, GA 30582. The store manager has had such a nasty and a poor attitude now, on multiple occasions, that this store has lost my business. The store manager also does not respect the personal boundaries of the customers. Particularly due to COVID-19, this is definitely not a time to be in the personal space of others, to the point where you are not only being disrespectful, though also, careless and unconcerned about the health of others.

This store definitely has no standards set for customer service, or, for taking precautions with customers due to COVID-19. Though it's not just the store manager, the other managers and employees are often blatantly rude as well. And a lot of that probably has something to do with how badly the store manager treats people. When the store manager sets a bad example for customer service, often, their employees will follow that example. It's not hard to see why this Dollar General has such a high turnover rate with their employees.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The shopping in the store was very nice and the service was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a great experience with not having to go around stuff in the aisles. The place was very organized.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

While I was in line waiting my turn to pay for my items I observed a very rude lady scream at another customer. She made this girl about cry. I was watching the entire thing unfold before the outburst. The woman that was being mean apparently is an assistant manager or manager. Her name was Autumn. I could not believe this woman yelled at this poor girl for no apparent reason.

So I also had a situation with Autumn. I was in the aisle that she was stocking. She had it in disarray. She was blocking the aisles so I politely excused myself and she made a 'sigh' and said go around then wouldn't get out the way and I said I wanted to get the item off the shelf. She got very aggressive and had an attitude with me.

This store is ALWAYS in disarray. There is never stock on the shelves but yet bins are blocking aisles full of stock. The manager/or workers is ALWAYS outside propped up smoking. They need to get rid of the manager and clean this store up. It does good business and gets busy and so it could be a real money maker if you had some management that cared.

She was rude. I have never in my life been treated in this manner. I felt so low life.. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS SOMEONE TREATED ME LIKE THIS OR HAVE I HEARD A MGR TREAT OTHER CUSTOMERS SO RUDELY.. Please don't let her do this to someone else.. She was extremely verbal, I asked her who she thought she was talking to. As a customer I shouldn't get attacked as she shouldn't be treating customers so poorly.

To ensure I have the right person this lady has tattoos, dark hair and was working around 4:00 pm on Wed Feb 17th @ the Millersburg PA location. I believe her name tag said Autumn. She was snippy with an older cashier and I saw her name tag. Please help this store. I'd love to shop here but due to this incident I might have to refrain from coming here.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

It plainly states on the door masks are required. No one but the cashier and myself had a mask on. I have lost two people in my immediate family and have several people sick or in the hospital with COVID 19. Someone needs to enforce what they put on their door. If you’re gonna let him come in without masks take the sign down so the people that has mask on will not have to be in there with them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Boxes of stock all over the floor and this is not safe and you can't hardly shop with boxes in the way. While the manager worrying about how many small Lysol you can purchase he need to focus on putting up the stock so that no one gets hurt and clean up the store. Trussville Dollar General.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I don’t know about all of Dollar General’s but I am referring to the one in BEAR, Delaware. This store is absolutely horrible. One day I went in there and I had several bags of items I spent approximately $50 dollars in the store & one bag I had Christmas lights; I get home and the lights are not in my bag! I go there the next day and they say that the lights were not left. They don’t know where they’re at.. So I was out $10, plus he would not let me use a “save now” coupon.. He (MICHAEL) is rude, lazy and doesn’t pay attention to what he is doing and messes up orders.. I call corporate and the regional manager of Bear was just as bad! All she says was sorry! Well I am still out $10!!! So Done with the store. I will never ever ever ever ever step foot in that store again. They are out to steal money from their customers and they’re so rude!

Dollar General Company Information