Dollar General

• 7%
  • 10%
  • 64%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Always find what I am looking for and I like the convenience. Some stores are kept nicer than others so I am particular about the ones I shop at. The prices use to be cheaper than other places but this is no longer the case.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I went to DG at 3338 Broadway in Garland, Tx to get the pink trash bags I love. It was my first time and I thought before I went that probably like many places they say they have something and when you get there they don't have it! But I was pleasantly surprised that it did have my Glad PINK good smelling trash bags and I got 3 of 20 as I thought perhaps they wouldn't have anymore. Then, I looked around and found the cutest little woman bag for $10 and was even more glad to get it when I found it wasn't made in China. I was happy and continue to really like DOLLAR GENERAL. I just hope it doesn't CLOSE like so many GREAT VALUE stores have been closing lately!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

My recent trip to Dollar General was great! The store had everything I needed, from household essentials to snacks, all at really good prices. The checkout was fast, and the staff was friendly. Plus, the store was clean and tidy, which was nice to see. I also liked that Dollar General supports local communities through donations to food banks. One suggestion for improvement would be to expand the selection of fresh produce and perishable items. Additionally, it would be helpful to have more self-checkout lanes to speed up the process during busy times. Overall, it was a positive experience, and I'll be back for my next shopping trip. Visit for more info dgme info.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

I had went into Dollar General a few days ago and started to get frustrated as I was in a rush and am not very familiar with the store so it was taking me a while to get what I needed. Mitchell helped me so much and continued to help me until all of my items were checked off my list.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

I live in El Dorado KS and I drive 45 minutes to Rose Hill KS to the store at 420 N Rose Hill KS because of their outstanding customer service. Every time I come in here they are always friendly, courteous, and helpful. If I can't find what I'm looking for they are always eager to help or suggest alternative products. When I come in here it's like visiting friends. I want to give a big shout out to ** (asst. Mgr), ** (employee), and ** (employee) for making all my visits enjoyable.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

Went to the DG on Maize and Morse in Cols. about 10:15AM, and did not find what I needed. As I was leaving with my grandchildren someone was yelling and calling someone stupid, and other demeaning words. I finally saw a older ** woman and a young clerk and I thought she was yelling at her and then I realized she was yelling at a customer and ended her rant with "SPEAK ENGLISH". The customer was not disrespectful to the clerk. Wow! I told the customer that that was inappropriate and the customer had limited English, but that is not a reason to disrespect someone. I do not shop at store where employees do this. In today's time people sometime retaliate. I will not be back for my safety and my children. Went to the DG #10722 Cleveland Ave about 10.30AM and spend for forty dollars, sound everything I needed greeted and helped by a wonderful young lady. This will be my DG from now on and the one I will recommend to others.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I was just in the Dollar General in Gold Hill. It is a safey risk. You can not get down the aisle because they have product in the way to walk. I do not feel safe in the store. The Gold Hill store was at one time great. If you need to see it I have pictures from today.

Profile pic of the author.
      Shelly

That is so clean compared to our dollar general, where trash is left all over the store

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 5, 2024

The Dollar General Store at 711 Mulberry ST in Loudon, TN is only 3 blocks from my house, but I have stopped going there because the cashier is so rude. There is only one register and you have to wait in line forever. The last time I was there I tried to stop the cashier to ask for help and she wouldn't even stop to talk to me. I chased her down and told her I needed help getting an item from a top shelf and she said it would be a while before she could help me. I left my cart with everything in it sitting in the aisle and walked out.

Staff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

DG was good at first. Now the stores are always a mess. They never seem to hire folks that can get the job done. If it shows they have something online and you go to the store, a lot of times you can't find it. I've asked a couple times about things and I get the same answer. It's probably out back but I don't have time to go look for it, or they say they won't do it. Come on DG corporate office....how about you hire some competent people to do this. I don't see our local grocery stores or even Family Dollar a mess like your stores. Maybe if you increase the pay you'd get better help. The pay is a joke. I know because I thought about applying until I found out what the pay is. If kids 16 yrs old can go to a gas station and get $18 an hour there's no reason you should be starting people so low.

Staff

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Ran into the Dollar general in Bettendorf IA while on a trip. My husband had to use the restroom. This worker wearing shorts came to the restroom door three times yelling through the door that he was stealing something. When he came out he went to buy two drinks and she refused saying that she was calling the police.

Dollar General Company Information