2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dollar General Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I want everyone to know how amazing the crew is at this store. At one time I would not shop here because the people were so rude. Now it's an amazing place to shop. The store manager has made so many wonderful changes. His name is **. All his people help you anytime you need it. They will stop whatever they are doing to help you find anything you need. Today I saw a crew member help a women get what she needed. She was overwhelmed with her children and trying to shop worried about the virus going around and trying to keep her children in place. He stopped what he was doing to help her. Everyone is so sweet at this store. They always speak when you walk in. Always a smile. It is so rare to find people that truly care as much as this crew does. They truly go the extra mile to help the elderly get what they need, check them out and take their bags to their cars.

If truly want an amazing place to shop go to the Dollar General at 1945 S NC Highway 119 in Mebane NC. I hope someone in Dollar General head office sees this review and finds it worthy of showing these wonderful crew members how grateful they are for being the type of crew that Dollar General stands for. Because they go above and beyond anything any customer could ask for every day, and they do because they truly want to not because they need to!!!!

Christina

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Dollar General is definitely the place to save! With an excellent range of products and brands, Dollar General has been my family's go-to store for many years. We find that Dollar General has become our de facto grocery store, vitamin store, medicine store, and "everything else" store. Many of the "house brand" products such as their chocolate candy, pharmaceutical items, etc. (sold under the Dolgencorp brand) are excellent alternatives to name brand items. We always shop at Dollar General for all of our dental care needs: Great buys on toothpaste, mouthwash, and toothbrushes! My family started shopping at Dollar General as a low price alternative to gas station convenience stores -- to pickup a half gallon of milk, eggs, or sodas, etc. Then we saw the super prices and great selection and decided to make it a regular stop between visits to large-chain grocery stores. //

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Surprisingly enough. Dollar General has a variety of items I didn't think they would have. I personally like going to Dollar General for more BANG! for my buck. Everything is not a dollar in store, but nonetheless you still come out better getting it from there. The value is just as equal to most major shopping outlets. I had gotten a really cool birthday card that was so hilarious! I didn't think they would this kind of quality. It was the kinda card that plays a funny tune when you open it up! Totally awesome. I would strongly recommend you check out their card section if you really want to give that special moment to someone. Overall what you need to do, stop by your local Dollar General store and find out what gems you can find for good prices.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I shop at Dollar General because they offer a wide range of household items and food that other "Dollar" stores do not offer, at a reasonable price. Brillo Pads. These are hard to find. Yet, Dollar Tree has them. Disposable gloves for household tasks, yet strong enough for multiple use. Tasty cookies at a savings of as much as $2.50, down from grocery store chain prices. Writing pads and household cleaning products. I use the bus as my primary means of transportation. It makes a difference to me that I can find what I need, when I need it, at a price I can afford, with a quick visit to Dollar General. The stores are always clean and products are on the shelves. Dollar General is a good place to shop when you forget to buy things on your regular shopping list. Thank you Dollar General.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Dollar General is a great store that has a variety of items for a low price. They have an app with digital coupons that you can use when you shop. All you have to do is go to the app and select the coupons you will use. They also have the digital coupon to get $5 off when you purchase $25 or more on Saturdays. This is an excellent way to save money! The store also has sales on a variety of products every day. They are quick to answer any and all questions on their survey page which you can fill out every time you shop and you get a chance to win a $100 gift card. All this plus excellent customer service makes this store a great place to shop!! I recommend this store highly. Wait till Saturday to shop and save even more.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Boxes of stock all over the floor and this is not safe and you can't hardly shop with boxes in the way. While the manager worrying about how many small Lysol you can purchase he need to focus on putting up the stock so that no one gets hurt and clean up the store. Trussville Dollar General.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I don’t know about all of Dollar General’s but I am referring to the one in BEAR, Delaware. This store is absolutely horrible. One day I went in there and I had several bags of items I spent approximately $50 dollars in the store & one bag I had Christmas lights; I get home and the lights are not in my bag! I go there the next day and they say that the lights were not left. They don’t know where they’re at.. So I was out $10, plus he would not let me use a “save now” coupon.. He (MICHAEL) is rude, lazy and doesn’t pay attention to what he is doing and messes up orders.. I call corporate and the regional manager of Bear was just as bad! All she says was sorry! Well I am still out $10!!! So Done with the store. I will never ever ever ever ever step foot in that store again. They are out to steal money from their customers and they’re so rude!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I always come to this store to purchase my detergent. The cashier did not speak when I walked up so I spoke to her first. She barely opened her mouth. After she finished ringing me up, I asked if she could put it in a bag. She stated rudely that the bag is too thin. I replied the previous cashiers would always double it for me. It is easy for me to carry. I am a senior citizen. She rudely asked another cashier to finish checking me out and walked away. I couldn't believe her attitude to a senior. Customer service is not what it use to be. Dollar General need to try their staff on customer service. Without the customer, they have no business!!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My Fiance was checking out in our small town with a personal check from my acct. He was unable to use the check as he inadvertently forgot his photo identification at home-as he was about to leave to head home for his ID an extremely kind woman came out and offered to pay our bill! When he stated he would be right back she said "No, I just want you to have a good day!" Amazing act of generosity and we most certainly appreciated this kindness and will pay it forward when an opportunity arises. Thank you New Lisbon, WI Dollar General! :)

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I would like to give a shout out to Gabby at Dollar General on Main Street in Middletown, VA. Great customer service and always helpful and friendly. Diane is also awesome and helpful. Great place to shop!

Dollar General Company Information