2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (1793 ratings)

About Dollar General

Dollar General Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Dollar General Northbrook Blvd North Charleston SC, is extremely understaffed, shoplifting is ridiculously bad, especially in the morning empty wine bottles litter the aisles, you can tell employees are scared. The North Charleston police need to advised of the situation about the theft at this store. Shelves are bare, they hardly ever stay open in the evenings anymore, the trash outside the store is so bad when the wind blows it goes everywhere. Corporate does not Care, or value the safety of its employees.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I spend roughly four hundred dollars a week in this store and yes I can back up my statement with receipts! Today was the straw that broke the camels back! Cashier was a total **! Didn’t bag half my items! The entire time during the transition she’s huffing and puffing and acting like it’s killing her to scan a freaking can of soup! She had half my items on one side of the counter the other half stacked on the turnstile NOT in bags. Again she’s moaning and groaning. I even asked her if she was sick. She didn’t even answer me! I literally would have waited if she needed to use the restroom or something but no she literally has the disposition of a stale piece of bread!!! I will not return to this store… not that they give a **! I have heard them talk crap about other customers who ask about coupons etc… And the store is FILTHY!!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

This is about store # 18193 Old Town Fla. This store when opened was a god sent and was always stocked and organized. It now is not even worth stopping. Shelves always empty, filthy parking lot carts at the end of the building instead of by the door. This all happened when PAM the original manager got fed up with your lack of business & employee needs and left. This store is a joke and a inconvenience. And they blame you. We all who live here really need that store but it is not even worth going there anymore. You should keep a better watch on your stores.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

The store on the corner on Winn and Remus Rd said they opened at 10 but when I arrived there was a lady standing outside looking in to see if anyone would come unlock the doors. When I walked up there were store lights on but the doors were locked. Tried to call and it just went to voice mail. There should have been a sign saying you were closed for the day. Or if someone was there it would have been nice for the doors to be open.

Original review: May 19, 2021

We have 2 older stores and they are filthy and overstocked with products overflowing into aisles. You cannot get a shopping cart down the main aisle, it's horrible. Workers didn't even know there was an app where consumers could buy and pay online and pick up curbside.

Original review: April 11, 2021

For weeks now every time I ask to get the key for restroom I am told it is out of order..Is this some sort of Covid19 preventative policy?..There was a dirty diaper and excrement on the parking lot just a few feet away from entrance to the store..Is that saying something to you Dollar General?

Original review: March 29, 2021

This is a review of the Dollar General located at: 3800 Us Highway 76, Young Harris, GA 30582. The store manager has had such a nasty and a poor attitude now, on multiple occasions, that this store has lost my business. The store manager also does not respect the personal boundaries of the customers. Particularly due to COVID-19, this is definitely not a time to be in the personal space of others, to the point where you are not only being disrespectful, though also, careless and unconcerned about the health of others.

This store definitely has no standards set for customer service, or, for taking precautions with customers due to COVID-19. Though it's not just the store manager, the other managers and employees are often blatantly rude as well. And a lot of that probably has something to do with how badly the store manager treats people. When the store manager sets a bad example for customer service, often, their employees will follow that example. It's not hard to see why this Dollar General has such a high turnover rate with their employees.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The shopping in the store was very nice and the service was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a great experience with not having to go around stuff in the aisles. The place was very organized.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

While I was in line waiting my turn to pay for my items I observed a very rude lady scream at another customer. She made this girl about cry. I was watching the entire thing unfold before the outburst. The woman that was being mean apparently is an assistant manager or manager. Her name was Autumn. I could not believe this woman yelled at this poor girl for no apparent reason.

So I also had a situation with Autumn. I was in the aisle that she was stocking. She had it in disarray. She was blocking the aisles so I politely excused myself and she made a 'sigh' and said go around then wouldn't get out the way and I said I wanted to get the item off the shelf. She got very aggressive and had an attitude with me.

This store is ALWAYS in disarray. There is never stock on the shelves but yet bins are blocking aisles full of stock. The manager/or workers is ALWAYS outside propped up smoking. They need to get rid of the manager and clean this store up. It does good business and gets busy and so it could be a real money maker if you had some management that cared.

She was rude. I have never in my life been treated in this manner. I felt so low life.. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS SOMEONE TREATED ME LIKE THIS OR HAVE I HEARD A MGR TREAT OTHER CUSTOMERS SO RUDELY.. Please don't let her do this to someone else.. She was extremely verbal, I asked her who she thought she was talking to. As a customer I shouldn't get attacked as she shouldn't be treating customers so poorly.

To ensure I have the right person this lady has tattoos, dark hair and was working around 4:00 pm on Wed Feb 17th @ the Millersburg PA location. I believe her name tag said Autumn. She was snippy with an older cashier and I saw her name tag. Please help this store. I'd love to shop here but due to this incident I might have to refrain from coming here.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

It plainly states on the door masks are required. No one but the cashier and myself had a mask on. I have lost two people in my immediate family and have several people sick or in the hospital with COVID 19. Someone needs to enforce what they put on their door. If you’re gonna let him come in without masks take the sign down so the people that has mask on will not have to be in there with them.

Dollar General Company Information