2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Dollar General Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I want everyone to know how amazing the crew is at this store. At one time I would not shop here because the people were so rude. Now it's an amazing place to shop. The store manager has made so many wonderful changes. His name is **. All his people help you anytime you need it. They will stop whatever they are doing to help you find anything you need. Today I saw a crew member help a women get what she needed. She was overwhelmed with her children and trying to shop worried about the virus going around and trying to keep her children in place. He stopped what he was doing to help her. Everyone is so sweet at this store. They always speak when you walk in. Always a smile. It is so rare to find people that truly care as much as this crew does. They truly go the extra mile to help the elderly get what they need, check them out and take their bags to their cars.

If truly want an amazing place to shop go to the Dollar General at 1945 S NC Highway 119 in Mebane NC. I hope someone in Dollar General head office sees this review and finds it worthy of showing these wonderful crew members how grateful they are for being the type of crew that Dollar General stands for. Because they go above and beyond anything any customer could ask for every day, and they do because they truly want to not because they need to!!!!

Christina

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Dollar General is definitely the place to save! With an excellent range of products and brands, Dollar General has been my family's go-to store for many years. We find that Dollar General has become our de facto grocery store, vitamin store, medicine store, and "everything else" store. Many of the "house brand" products such as their chocolate candy, pharmaceutical items, etc. (sold under the Dolgencorp brand) are excellent alternatives to name brand items. We always shop at Dollar General for all of our dental care needs: Great buys on toothpaste, mouthwash, and toothbrushes! My family started shopping at Dollar General as a low price alternative to gas station convenience stores -- to pickup a half gallon of milk, eggs, or sodas, etc. Then we saw the super prices and great selection and decided to make it a regular stop between visits to large-chain grocery stores. //

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I shop at Dollar General because they offer a wide range of household items and food that other "Dollar" stores do not offer, at a reasonable price. Brillo Pads. These are hard to find. Yet, Dollar Tree has them. Disposable gloves for household tasks, yet strong enough for multiple use. Tasty cookies at a savings of as much as $2.50, down from grocery store chain prices. Writing pads and household cleaning products. I use the bus as my primary means of transportation. It makes a difference to me that I can find what I need, when I need it, at a price I can afford, with a quick visit to Dollar General. The stores are always clean and products are on the shelves. Dollar General is a good place to shop when you forget to buy things on your regular shopping list. Thank you Dollar General.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Dollar General is a great store that has a variety of items for a low price. They have an app with digital coupons that you can use when you shop. All you have to do is go to the app and select the coupons you will use. They also have the digital coupon to get $5 off when you purchase $25 or more on Saturdays. This is an excellent way to save money! The store also has sales on a variety of products every day. They are quick to answer any and all questions on their survey page which you can fill out every time you shop and you get a chance to win a $100 gift card. All this plus excellent customer service makes this store a great place to shop!! I recommend this store highly. Wait till Saturday to shop and save even more.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I am a customer at Dollar General on Loganville Hwy in Bethlehem GA, the manager name is Jeremy **, I am in this store 4 or 5 times a week, I would like to let y'all know about a cashier her name is Wanda **, she always ask her customer how they are doing, she always greet customer when they walk in the door. When you ask her where something is she will walk and show you where it is, she will get you thru the lines real fast, always have a smile on her face and she has said to me how much she loves her job and customer. On February 7 2019 she lost her husband to cancer and she is raising two grandchildren on her own, I think she needs a raise, also I think the owner of the store needs to know what a good person she is, she is a blessing to all of her customer.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I am very disappointed that a company as large as Dollar General is not concerned with employees or customer safety. I can only speak for Arkansas. This is based on a total of 14 stores. At first DG was not requiring employees to wear mask or maintain six feet. Now we have a mandatory public mask in place. DG is not providing sanitizer for customers or employees. DG does not have CDC guidance posted or mandate rules. DG is not doing any sanitizer between customers. DG is sadly not having anyone to be safe. When I have ask employees to follow guidelines/ mandatory from governor each person responded with we don’t have too.

Original review: June 29, 2020

The total amount was changed multiple times by the time the order arrived, website saying one amount, an order email saying another amount, then the credit card finally billed a new totally wrong amount. All due to some items being out of stock and the amounts being recalculated each time incorrectly. Calling them about this error they only admitted the amount was partially wrong, but in the end I was still overcharged by a few dollars. Now I have to let my credit card company try and deal with them. I'll never shop the Dollar General online store again.

Original review: June 29, 2020

This store is ALWAYS in disarray. There is never stock on the shelves but yet bins are blocking aisles full of stock. The manager is ALWAYS outside propped up smoking. They got a girl in there last month that had that place looking good but about 2weeks later, she was gone - the word is she got tired of doing all the work while the manager sat on her butt outside. They need to get rid of the manager and clean this store up. It is always busy and so it could be a real money maker if you had some management that cared.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Since the pandemic I've been twice to the store on South Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL. The first time no was wearing masks. I sent email to company. Their policy is, it is optional. Today 6/17/2020 the ** male manager was rude when I asked why no was wearing masks. This store always has a ** manager and ** employees. Every ** mgr. male or female have been lazy about customer service and stocking. This manager today walked by overflowing trash can on walk in front of store and just shook his head. I left without shopping. I won't forget this store even when this pandemic is over. Never will I shop there again.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Today I went to Dollar General at 1814 Benton Rd. in Mt. Vernon. While I was in line waiting my turn to pay for my items I observed a very rude lady scream at another employee. She made this girl about cry. I was watching the entire thing unfold before the outburst. The older women said something to the cashier who then politely said ok and then she yelled for the store to hear "lose your attitude"!! It was completely unnecessary. The woman that was being mean apparently is an assistant manager. I could not believe this woman yelled at this poor girl in front of a store full of people.

I got her name (**) but did not get the girls name she was yelling at for the whole store to hear. If I was that young lady I'd find a different job because no one should be treated like that! How humiliating. That girl just continued to wait on customers with tears coming down her face. I really wanted to smack that manager. I can't believe DG would employ a person who treats their employees like this. I will NEVER go back to this store again! Nor will my family!! **, you are a very rude person and do not deserve to be a manager at ANY store!!!

Dollar General Company Information