1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

653 Dollar General Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I wished could rate ZERO stars. I placed an online order for bulk binders around Oct. 24, but never got an email confirmation receipt. Checked my banking recently, to see that indeed my account was charged the $24 amount for shipping. Well, I called CS about it and they could not locate my order. Tried logging into the DG site, only for my email to be rejected as 'user not found'. I ordered the items back in October, my bank account was charged, and yet no email receipt, and no record of an account in my name? Yeah, I don't think so. And neither CS or the support center for online orders could help me, nor issue me a refund. So I basically got ripped off. Thank GOODNESS it was only $24. I am NEVER ordering from Dollar General again. And based on the 650+ consumer complaints against them, DEFINITELY caveat emptor.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Can someone please tell me why ALL Dollar General stores are so cluttered? Shoppers cannot walk down the aisles without tripping over stock or empty boxes. The only time stores are clean is the first month or so of opening. These stores are fire hazards not only for the customers but also the employees. Maybe I do need to contact our local fire departments to inspect the stores. Would that get the stores cleaned? Let's hope so!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I placed an order online on October 12th. I was notified it had shipped on October 14th. After a week I tried to track the shipment. It looked like it hadn't even left the original terminal? Tried contacting DG at the weekend but they were not available. I tried using their website to determine the order status but their program didn't work. Finally called today and spoke to a Customer Service Rep. At first she told me my order was delivered on the 18th. I told her it wasn't delivered to my address so where was it delivered to? Huge sigh -- pause -- “Oh, looks like it was returned to us because it was damaged!” So I asked why someone hadn't called me to inform me. She had no answer. I asked what happens now? She said it takes about three weeks to process!!! I demanded she cancel the order and issue a credit immediately which she agreed to do. Unbelievable! I didn't even get an apology!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

On 10-18-2017 DG offered 11% discount on purchases to Veterans, Active Military and immediate family members. I was visiting from out of town and went to the DG #7640 in Steelville MO. When I went to check out I let the cashier know I would be using the Veteran's Discount. She said that DG did not give Vet Discount. The night mgr was called. She wouldn't even look at the email from DG and said there's nothing from corporate and if it were true there would be a barcode to scan. Both employees were very rude.

I walked out making no purchase. The discount was verified true at all DG for 10-18-2017 but I lost out on a 11% savings on over $150 if I had checked out. Waiting on a response from corporate. Store's Manager very sorry and both employees will be reprimanded and general manager will be notified by store manager herself today. I made no purchase at this store and by the time I started back home all 4 DG I passed were closed and 2 in my town were already closed so I didn't get my discount due to it a one day only discount. #VETERANSWIFENAVY??? ⚓️

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Today at Store # 06977 I was verbally attacked while checking out. While in the store I was trying to look at items in the school supplies aisle, however the whole aisle was blocked by stocking carts. I decided to take a picture of this issue because the store is always like this. I was going to show the picture to a general manager if they requested it. No employees or customers are in this picture. While checking out an employee approached me and started yelling at me that it's against policy to record in the store. I told I did not record and I took a picture of the carts everywhere. She continued to yell at me saying that they have no room in the storage room etc. She yelled at me in front of my 3 year old child making her feel scared. I asked the employee for her name and then ignored her and paid for my products and left. That is not how you treat customers. So what, now I have to worry about this employee verbally abusing me every time I go in this store!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar General?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

On September 26, 2017, I purchased two four twenty ounce packs of Gatorade at the Dollar General Store located 20766 Old Scenic Highway Zachary Louisiana 70792 Totaling $6.18. When I decided I bought the wrong flavor I asked the cashier if I could get the correct flavor. She told me no problem and she told the store manager what I requested. She told me she was going to check out the several customers. I told her that was fine. I picked up the flavor Gatorade I needed 2 Four packs of twelve ounce Gatorade which sold for $2.60 per pack which was $.82 less than what I paid for the 20 ounce.

After the customers checked out I started looking for the manager. He was at the end of the aisle standing. I asked the cashier to get me the store manager because I had an appointment and I was in a hurry. The manager finally came to the register but he never spoke to me. He whispered to the cashier to do an exchange. When I handed my credit card thinking I was getting my refund of $.82, the Cashier told me the store manager did not authorize her to give me a refund. I told her what he did was not legal and I would report him to the Dollar General Store. I did report him that same day, but Dollar General has chose to ignore my email. The way I was treated by the store manager I have decided I will never go back in that store ever again. Good business practice you would think the store sales receipts and inventory should match. I am so disgusted with customer service by the Dollar General Store. Buyers BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My husband and I went into the Dollar General in Brookfield Ohio. My husband went to the register and loaded $400 on a card while I looked in the clearance dep, once he was done we left. An hour and a half later we have a Brookfield police officer knocking on our door accusing me of stealing!!! I have never stole anything in my life! The store associates said I stole cheese nips or some kind of food, and I wasn't anywhere near the food dept.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I live in a very small town in rural Illinois. We don't have a lot of shopping options, however it is a college town, so it's not exactly a sleepy town. Among the things in town is a Dollar General, which has a very high traffic. As a consumer, I went there sparingly, mostly because I've never cared for Dollar General, mostly because the name is annoying. Like, your prices aren't that much less than Walgreens settle down, but the local CVS is outrageously expensive and the nearest Walmart is fifteen miles away. So sometimes I go in there for toiletries.

First of all, the place is a mess. The employees try, I will give them that credit. The management cares, but corporate gives them jack ** to work with. I don't have any complaints about staff but I rarely do. Honestly, I'm just quiet and not the sort for small talk or thinking about something else. So if someone doesn't say hi to me when I enter or much to me during that transaction, I'm not one to notice. While I've never had an issue with my debit card, I know other people have. The equipment is exceedingly old. The registers were made by IBM ffs. Idek if they make modern ones, but I can tell these are at least 15 years old. Astonishing.

Anyway, it's a small town and people talk. While other DGs have been remodeled in nearby towns, there are apparently no plans for this store. Personally I think it's crazy corporate logic ruining everything. They're going to make money and get business regardless of the equipment and how dodgy it can be. Everyone in town shops there because there just aren't many options otherwise, especially if you don't drive or necessarily have the time to plan a day trip to Walmart. It's a messed up situation. Recently, however, their registers have been down a lot and in such a bad state one night the store was closed. I can say that in my town the manager and employees try though they are often very harried and stressed out by the workplace condition. The store is literally falling apart and though there was recently a perfectly fine building for lease on the other side of town, DG declined it because it was "too big". Sad.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My girlfriend had to recently quit working at Dollar General as a cashier because of 2 reasons. Number 1 her manager wouldn’t schedule her hours until her second job would schedule then overlap her hours. When she would ask to speak to the manager privately the manager wouldn’t so she finally asked the manager why she was overlapping the hours and the manager would yell at her in front of customers and state that her other job will have to reschedule her hours and corporate will not put up with her insubordination whatever that means. 2nd issue here’s an example. She would work 1 day for 5 hrs only receive 19 dollars then same scenario 1 day 5 hrs and receive 58 dollars and change. Her other job pays bi weekly and she receives 267 and change. Now when she worked at Dollar General she would only receive 120 dollars to 150 dollars at part time and minimum wage at both jobs.

Every time she has confronted the manager which has been for 6 months now the manager says she will look into it but never has. When my girlfriend printed out all of her check stubs there was 40 dollars and 60 dollars taken out and the area that states why it was taken out like for medical child support etc. It was blank when she showed it to other employees. They didn’t understand why her check stubs are like this theirs wasn’t. When she showed the manager she only states pay restrictions. Corporate management will not return her phone calls and it has been 3 and a half weeks now. And starting the other day corporate keeps transferring her to other places the hang up on her and she only calls 1 to 2 times a week. I would never recommend anyone to ever seek employment at DG.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

My dad and I stopped at the Dollar General in Artesia, MS to wait for someone. While we waited we decided to waste some time and look around the store. We saw some things on sale and decided to buy them. We walked back in the store and look again. By this time the manager approached us to ask us do we have a problem. We politely explained that we were waiting for someone. The manager said she was going to call the cops on us for loitering.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I shop a lot at Dollar. However, for the past year, the aisles are too piled up to maneuver. The new one in Whitney on Hwy.1713 is better. The Hwy. 933 one, is always not stocked, piled aisles, less than average friendliness, not very helpful. I go mostly to the new one now, as the nutritional drinks even are never taken from backroom and stocked.

They admit that they never have time to stock, thus leaving so much junk in aisles that it is even dangerous to try to walk in there. Has become a terrible store in the past year. I have spent a whole lot in that store, but would rather ride 20 miles to Hillsboro and go to Walmart since they have gotten so sloppy and terrible here now. I have even found nutritional drinks over a year expired. I told them and they seem to be making an effort lately with that, but junky aisles and lack of stocked supplies makes the experience uncomfortable. Not a good store anymore!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I live in Cottageville, we have a Dollar Gen, and Walterboro. I stopped going to Cottageville Dollar Gen because of the rude employees and today I went to the one on Sidney Road. I stood at the register for at least 10 min. The boy working looked at me and walked off and will I waited but then I asked if anyone was working the register, I got a dirty look from the boy and still no service. I left everything on the counter and left. This no way to treat your customers. Me nor my family will ever step foot in Dollar General again. I'm very disappointed in these Dollar Generals. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I went to Dollar General in Lake MS on September 1, 2017. They were have a 70% off clearance on chimes and other things on the outside. There were 70% off signs posted everywhere stating how much items would cost after the % off the original prices marked. So we had a buggy full of items that should have ranged from 30 cents each up to $2.10 each. When we got to the register, Nothing was ringing up for the price it should have. I questioned it and was told by one of the managers that, that was what the price in the system was. needless to say I did not purchase any of the items I wanted because if you tell me something will be 70% off, that is what it should be, not 63% off. Now that may not be much of a difference to some people but I refuse to pay any more than the sign says. I know this is not the fault of the manager or clerks but I will not buy any clearance items or sale items from Dollar General and unless its necessary I will not shop there.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I visited the Dollar General store in Cranston this morning to do a little bit of shopping. And I was terrified by how the store looked empty. Hardly any food on shelves. Not only that, the employees who work there are highly rude, loud, and offensive towards others. I asked an employee if she can tell me where their Windex was, and was told back of store with her pointing a finger in the direction. She didn't even offer to walk and show me.

As I'm walking checking stuff out I overheard a widely loud conversation being discussed by her and 2 employees whom later identified themselves as Kelsie, Laura and Tony. I couldn't imagine who was who. The disrespect and unkind profanity words along with laughs and giggles regarding people from other stores (from what I gathered) to bragging how they drink on the job banana shots... to even hearing this lady who was called by her true name identified as Laura express with confidence how she is better in bed than her boyfriend's x girlfriend and how her hiring men is better eye candy?! Talk about inappropriate Conversations and behavior. Mind you there are children also around in store.

I thought to myself what kind of store manager let alone company would allow such disgusting unprofessional talk and behavior in the workplace. I have been to other Dollar General stores and by far this store is the worst. The district management and CEO should be ashamed of themselves. I like my Dollar General however this store and its employees are out of control. I as a customer am horrified by all I heard and seen. I even seen a guy step out of the restroom with a female. An employee walked by and said "done" and she started laughing. It was at that point I dropped my basket and walked out. Do not shop at the Dollar General store located in Cranston off Broad street. The district management and management there should be reprimanded. I doubt filing a complaint wouldn't matter. Its obvious this stores management on all levels show no signs of concern.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased 3 wind chimes on August 28th. The sign said clearance 50% off, the sales clerk wouldn't honor and said it wasn't on sale anymore. The sign said clearance not sale with no dates on it. Just said all wind chimes on clearance 50% off, markdown taken at the register. I get to the register. The cashier was very rude and very snippy, saying she wasn't calling the manager and to leave her store. I'm never shopping at another Dollar General and to top it off she kept my receipt but I paid with my credit card, so there is record there about my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I purchased two items $8.00 a piece off of a tables that had signs all around it that said 50% off. The items were for a cell phone. When I checked out the cashier was grumbling about sale items, voided the ticket and recheck all the items again. I checked my receipt when I got home and I was charged $16.00 for both of the items. I returned to the store. The cashier told me the cell phone items on that table are not 50% off. I questioned her about the sign of 50% off and she said they are not.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

This is a horrible place to shop!!! I was in the Maudlin SC store on Augusta 7 and there was glass in the aisle that I didn't see. I walk over it not knowing and injured my foot. I notified the manager and she had a VERY NASTY ATTITUDE about the glass! I had 3 visits to the doctor, Xrays, and now I have to have an MRI due to their negligence. I have had 2 conversation with Josh ** (RISK MANAGEMENT) and he stated that their not responsibility and they have a protocol that the staff walks the aisle every 15 minutes because the store is in a Shrink area (meaning high for theft). THATS a LIE.

From the time I was in the store I only notice one employee and she was on the register. I only notice the second employee because I went and found her on aisle on the other side of the store. He stated they would pay my out of cost because I have private insurance. Well My insurance shouldn't have to pay for anything at all. It's Dollar General negligence. I want the video surveillance from that day it will show that I'm not liable.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

If you look at the current Dollar General ad they are offering 24 packs of Pepsi and Mountain Dew products for 5.95. Now another ad came out and they are offering 12 packs 4 for $10 of also Pepsi and Mountain Dew. When you pull up to these stores the sign for these pop sales are located right on the window. When you walk in they are nowhere to be found. I was told by the store managers into stores that they do not carry Pepsi products. They had a break out with the company, although they are in both ads. I guess I find this to be false advertisement and very wrong on this store’s part. So messed up. If you no longer carry these products why would you have the ads with them in it and the signs hanging in your window but you do not carry the products.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I was asked to work for Dollar General. They are so unorganized, filthy, disrespectful. I worked on a broken foot. Had a Dr note. They did not care. Almost fired me for asking to leave. Then I was admitted in the hospital since my white cells were low and the manager ** told me over text that I'm off schedule completely after days of ignoring me. I call the Corp office and the man I spoke to called me a liar. Said my Dr notes don't matter. This is the worst company I have ever worked for and the store is completely disgusting. Just the dirt is hidden because they are so lazy. It's Dollar General on East Colonial and Murdock in Orlando, FL 32817. Never work there. This year alone 18 people quit. Gotta tell you something. I was a dedicated customer as well and will never go again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Went into the Dollar General Sunday 07/30/17 for some cleaning items. Browsed the store for a while and needed help, no one was available on the floor. So I asked the cashier, he did say he was attending to the cash register, in a very unconcerned response. Another customer said that one other person was in the stock one. I walked to the back and knocked on the door, a young man name Bryon came out to help me with no complaint. Got what I needed and went to check out, hubby has the Dollar General app on his phone, he had coupons in his cart but, could not get them to show at the register. So I ask the employee who had identified he self as the Manager to help, I knew he was not the manager of this store. He was already mad about me complaining so he got very arrogant, aggressive & and hostile. So I left the items/walked out the store. He walked out behind my family and I, steady talking stupid talk.

All of this was done on the company time. Had the audacity to call me a **/ of course I called him one back. This young man Jurell is a safety hazard and a endangerment to the public. I reported him to Dollar General Corporation in Tn. The company could care less about employees at this store on Macarthur in Alexandria, La. If you do not respect the customer / they will take their business else where. He made a comment that he only makes 200.00 a week/ that he didn't give damn about that job. That's true his actions showed that they need to take a look at who is opening the boxes/ working cash register at that store. Don't just throw anybody off the streets into a position to attend customer service. I will not spend a penny there again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This review is for the Dollar General located at 1220 Pioneer Road in Mesquite, TX. This store is fairly new, less than two years old, yet it is so cluttered you can't get down most of the aisles with your shopping basket. They seem to always have bins, racks, or stacks of items that need to be stocked. It does not matter what time of day, or what day of the week I go there. It is almost as if they see a space, and decide to put some clutter there. Today, August 1, 2017, I was at the store around 11:00 a.m. There were so many bins stacked in the aisle where paper goods were, you could not get to the trash bags. The pet food aisle had so much stuff down it that needed to be put on shelves you could not push a shopping cart down the aisle.

Most of the rest of the store had the same type problem. I know it must be difficult to keep all the shelves stocked, especially with popular items, or items on sale. But this store is this way all the time!! Can they not do the stocking during the hours they are closed? And what do they have against having a little space to navigate thru the store? Tell me when is the least busy time and I will attempt to go during those hours -- but I will still have to put up with junk in the aisles!

Original review: July 28, 2017

I shopped at this store and was told that they do not bag items with handles on them such as the laundry detergent I purchased as well as the Hawaiian Punch I purchased. I was told that it is the rule from Corporate and even if a customer requests a bag the employees are not allowed to accommodate the customer. This means making more trips to carry things out of the store and into my home. I also was going to purchase coffee which was on the bottom shelf of your store on Third Street in Dixon, Il. The price tag was evidently put in the wrong space by an employee. I asked the manager to honor the price listed and was told no because customers change the labels. I did not move the label at all. The cashier told me that is not the law to honor the price.

I contacted your Corporate Office and did not receive a call from the district manager. I finally received a phone call after I called again. The district manager stated in her notes that she had attempted to contact me at both phone numbers I left with Corporate. There was no caller ID showing any missed call and not one voice mail. She then offered me a $20. gift card for the inconvenience. I was told to pick it up at the store on Brinton in Dixon, Il.

I arrived at that store and was told there was NO gift card and I would have to deal directly with Tara the store manager. I asked her hours. I was told she starts at 8 a.m. I asked until what time she worked and was told it varies. I asked the cashier to call her and he did not want to, but finally did. He was at the register checking other customers out while he was on the phone. He stated loudly, "This is about the woman who had an ISSUE at the Third Street Store." The customers all turned around and looked at me. I said, "Yes I am the woman who had the ISSUE." I also asked him for the phone number to Corporate and he said he is not allowed to give the number out. I asked why as it is on the Internet. No answer.

I had asked the cashier if I could speak to Tara and he ignored me. I asked if he could call her back so I could speak to her about when she would be there. He again, did not want to call. He eventually called back and told her I wanted to speak to her and I heard her loudly say "About what???". I contacted corporate again and was given incorrect case numbers regarding my complaints.

I have again spoken to Corporate today and am waiting to hear of some resolution. This is really uncalled for and not professional in any way. I am very disappointed with the employees at both stores as well as Lisa Decker who is the District manager. The case number of my first complaint is **. I was given #**. The case number for my complaint at the store on Brinton was supposed to be #**. That case number is non existent. Is this the proper way to handle a complaint?

Original review: July 28, 2017

Dirty store, fire hazard, expired food! First of all, I've been complaining about this to anyone I can, for the past several months. There are so many instances of bad customer service, negative customer experience, and so on, that I've picked my top 3 that I'll share here: Earlier this year, after stopping to get a few grocery items we needed at a local Dollar General, I practically fell over many boxes, pallets, and other products just stacked on the floor. Of course, as always, they were completely blocking some aisles, causing a hazard if people needed to get out in a hurry. When I finally made it to the food aisle (due to the fact that they rearranged the store for the 4th time in 8 months!), I noticed that several canned items were so severely dented that the contents were leaking onto the shelves and floor below!

Disgusted, I moved to the condiment aisle to get some nice, fresh Ranch dressing (After all, it's a new food item in a store, right?). I chose my favorite, trusted brand, then went to get a gallon of milk. When I opened the cooler door, I noticed a scent of spoiled milk, and the first container I touched was soaked with milk from another broken container above it. I wisely decided to pass on getting the milk...

Getting home to eat a nice, fresh chef salad that my wife had made, we doused it with the new Ranch dressing only to take a first (and last!) nasty bite; it was spoiled. Very spoiled. Almost a year out-of-date. Disgusting. I tried calling the store (in Tully, NY, by-the-way), but no one answered. I called corporate; same result. The next day, I took the spoiled, expired product back to the store. After waiting nearly 10 minutes for the "manager" to have a wonderful conversation with his pajama-clad mother (ironically, she's also a manager of the same store!), I approached with the spoiled product. The "manager" (I use that term very loosely; I wouldn't let this dude manage a lemonade stand!) seemed unfazed that they would have such an "old" product on the shelves, and he then stumbled through trying to give me a refund.

At this point, I have not returned to shop at ANY of the Dollar General stores. Anywhere. Nationwide, I have heard the same stories, and then stumbled on this site spewing the same. Ironically, I am a food safety expert, and nationally-accredited trainer on many corporate topics including customer service and management. When I finally did get ahold of corporate, they weren't interested in my "free" advice, let alone my story. Hopefully you were (if you've made it this far to read this, then you probably are!). Good luck, God Bless, and be a good customer --- let everyone know!

Original review: July 25, 2017

The Mahomet IL store is filthy dirty, you can't walk through the aisles and the shelves are never stocked. The music they play isn't appropriate for a store. Dollar General should be ashamed to have their name on this place.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I don't even know how to begin this review. I am so angry. The Dollar General near me is new, only been open a year or two. Apparently they do not know how to treat people. The manager, the one who should be a role model, scolded my son for "taking things he does not need." He grabbed dog treats, which we did want, and she decided to scold him. Again, my 3 year old, she decided to inform me "made a mess" when he was choosing a toy. How? Putting toys in the wrong spot! Long story short I kneeled down and told my son to clean his "mess" and made him put things back in the correct spots. This was the same woman who accused my 3 year old of stealing the last time we were in the store, which he did not, but I did apologize if he grabbed something and did not put it where it belonged. She was rude but I brushed it off. This time was even worse.

So after all of that we get to the register, and again their credit card machines were declining everyone like they did the last time I was there. She told the woman in front of me, it was her card and she doesn't know what to tell her. It then happened again to me. My son became impatient and started to cry. She turned to the other customers and said, "Sorry!" The customer said, "Don't be sorry. You can't change technology" and she said, "No. For the brat child," and pointed at my son! I said, "For the record he is three years old." She said, "Well maybe you should learn to discipline him!" Really? This 19 year old child just told me how to raise my 3 year old? Anyone who has ever had kids, have been mortified by their behaviors before.

I then said, "Don't tell me how to discipline my child" and requested her name. She gave me a fake name. She's a horrible worker. She is unpleasant every time I see her, to me, to all the other customers and to her staff. She yelled at my three year old and rips items out of his hands! What kind of monster does that? And he is a completely normal 3 year old. Not just saying that. He didn't know the organization of the toys, that was it. He did attempt to put them back and I did speak to him about it. But she didn't see nor care about that. She wanted to be the arrogant person she is and scold me and my son, as she does every single customer that doesn't do exactly as she wishes. Karma will get her. If she is not let go of after I report this issue, I will take this even further. I can't believe someone would act that shameful. I anticipate action. In the meanwhile, should you live in that area DO NOT GO THERE ESPECIALLY WITH KIDS!

Original review: July 15, 2017

This store in Deweyville Texas 77632 43445 State Hwy 87, Orange, TX is filthy, dirty and most of all a fire hazard. A person cant get down some aisles because it's blocked by carts with products that need to be stocked on shelves. You can't find anything on shelves because it's on the carts. If there was a fire people would be trapped in this store. Someone namely you need to do something about this maybe an Undercover Boss and see conditions for yourself.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I shop at Dollar General Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista, AZ. often for my work. Earlier this week I was in there and the Manager (Tony) was obviously training a new assistant Manager. I immediately noticed how very respectful and courteous Tony was to the employee. As Tony was explaining the store to the employee, he made a point to always follow up with words of encouragement. Tony found actions taken by the employee and was able to build those actions up and turn it into a very positive learning experience. I have been a Management Trainer in the past and It was VERY refreshing to get the privilege to overhear a Manager doing everything correctly while training a new employee. Whatever training you are providing your Managers, it is working!!!

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had the WORST experience with the Store Manager in Imperial, DON! I forgot my pin on my card which caused my transaction to be voided and re rung on a different card. When voiding the first transaction the cash registers froze, causing the Manager Don to call Corporate to reset the registers. The second ringing of my transaction STILL failed and again needed re rung to find out the card was debited on the first transaction. When trying to talk to Don, he was completely frustrated about his registers going down. He would not LISTEN to me when I kept telling him I had the credit company on the phone insisting there is NO VOID transaction, my card PAID the first transaction. Instead of talking calmly with me, he called the police. The situation could have been resolved easily.

He was flustered with down registers, as I was frustrated as a consumer. Don told police I was not allowed back into the store. I spend thousands per month. Just because Don was having a BAD day, I am banned from the store. Please know, I never raised my voice, made a scene, or talked rude. All I did was question a transaction and had the police called on me and banned from a store I frequent often. Extremely upsetting when Don obviously lacks customer service ability. Every worker in that store knows me and knows I am respectful and kind. If Don can't handle a simple down register issue and still be polite, he should seek new employment. I will keep him in my prayers since could use God as his higher power. Treat others the way you want to be treated, it will come back ten fold.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Very poorly kept grounds @ The property at 51st Blue Ridge, Raytown Mo, is a new store! Not mowed on a regular time, trash all over property, some of the grass is 6-8 ft tall separating the Senior Villa, 40 seniors live in and have to look at on a daily basis! We have went to the City of Raytown with matter, as tall grass and weeds are a violation of Codes. This makes our community look very bad! I know Dollar General can afford to keep their grounds mowed and care about the communities they build their stores in!

Original review: July 3, 2017

Shop Dollar General stores often on weekly basis. Stopped by today at store #11664 10656 Highway 190 Opelousas, LA. Was a total mess. Isles blocked. Huge carts of potting soil. A lot of the isles you couldn't attempt to go down. There was merchandise on the floors. Couldn't walk down isle too cluttered. Store isn't very clean. Associates were nice and the young lady working finally asked if she could help me find something. Told her I was looking for Murphy's Oil Soap. She said she wasn't familiar with it but maybe on the next isle with dishwashing, laundry detergents, etc.

Dollar General Company Information