4.00/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Costco

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Costco Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Just a quick note to toot the horn of the amazing customer service skills that Angela ** and her team at the corporate office have. We hold a purchase order agreement with our local Costco and they were out of a seasonal product we needed for an event just two days away. Angela not only went the extra mile... she went the extra 10 miles to work it out to where the neighboring City Costco would be able to help us out and we could still use our Purchase Order and get the products we needed. Thank you, Angela!!! Customer service is a lost art in our world as of late... but, you and Costco turned that negative thought into a falsehood with your amazing skills!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Costco is the best place to buy groceries. I have bought the finest cuts of meat for special occasions, steaks that can be cut with a fork. But their other meat can be purchased at economy prices, that is still a cut above. Their fruit is right off the trees, fresh picked, colourful and crisp. Baked goods that are a meal in themselves, fresh and sweet, sandwich bread and breakfast treats. Cakes off the shelf or they will make it for you. Sections comprised of cheeses and tortillas, hams and fish. And all of this while eating and drinking free samples. Costco groceries can't be beat. And that is only the food section, they have a section for day goods of all kinds, books and jewellery, household goods and toys. See you there.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 12, 2019

Costco is a customer service oriented store, they have specific product lines, great pricing, quality is of utmost concern for their SKUs and have an easy, guaranteed return policy. They are beginning to carry a lot more organic products, their meats are the best quality. You can easily shop for major items on their website. I've been a Costco customer for many years and as they expand their product lines, make deals with local vendors to supply Costco negotiated pricing on things like vacation and auto, I am grateful for my Costco membership. Quality of product and customer service guarantee are driving factors in the way they do business.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been enjoying my Costco experience so far. Most employees have been rather polite to be around. Except for a couple deli employees that decided to talk in unprofessional street slang with a dab of cussing using suburban slang to insult half of the people they called friends. Otherwise I have found most workers to be pleasant and professional.

I enjoy purchasing items in bulk sizes. This has really cut down on my grocery bill because I'm not purchasing these items as much at a traditional grocery store. Kirkland brand is hit or miss on quality compared to other stores. They don't sell everything and their prices are not all that great. Could you please give us a genetic store map of where items are? I'm learning the stores by wandering up and down each aisle until I stumble across what I need. I'd like to purchase more but often can't find it. I cannot get out of Costco for less than $200 even if I budget my self to 6-10 items. They rotate product so much it's difficult to find it.

Produce is excellent. The only downside is you have to purchase a large amount of it and it all ripens at once. You have 2-3 days to scarf it down or toss it out. Otherwise their product quality is fairly decent. Despite the massive crowds I found I tend to wait no less than five minutes in line. Some cashiers slow down and allow the customer to pay at their own pace. While others speed you through. Once I couldn't finish writing the check before I realized I was heading out the door.

Parking lot in the Tukwila, WA location is a terrible design. You have panhandlers and homeless at every in/out entrance. Drivers forget to yield to pedestrians and forget to look for them when they drive. Drivers often do more than the 10 mph limit for a parking lot. Could we please have more stop signs and speed bumps to slow these inconsiderate driers down?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Costco is the best place to shop for great deals. Always offers quality products at reasonable prices. Easy return policy. Great selection of items in all departments. Love the food demos, as it gives us a chance to taste the item before purchasing it. Especially when they add new food products. Can't beat the prices nor quality of their roasted chicken in the deli. Best in town. Great pizzas. Lots of delicious foods in their deli. Great food court with reasonable prices. Love that they are adding more organic foods to their grocery line. Great deals on eyewear, eye examines and hearing aids. Best prices on gas and diesel fuels. Plenty of parking spaces. Cannot say enough good things about Costco. Always love my shopping experience at Costco.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

We recently ordered a tv from Costco. Even though BJs had a better offer we went with Costco relying on their excellent customer service. However, we were highly disappointed with their delivery service. They use company CEVA. CEVA contacted us to schedule a time window for delivery. We chose our item to be delivered on Saturday between 8 AM and 2 PM.

On the day of the scheduled delivery we received an email and message in the morning saying that, "Your delivery is on the way." We waited patiently until 2.15, however, delivery didn’t come during the specified time and we didn’t receive any notification of the change in the delivery time. We tried calling the phone number provided in the email. The representative responded that the delivery was just dispatched and will be arriving later (in a rude manner). On the question why they could not notify us of a change, the representative again rudely stated that they didn’t have time to notify all customers. She then stated that the delivery will take place between 3 and 4 PM. Our delivery arrived at 6.50 PM. While waiting for delivery, and having no further communication from CeVa, we contacted Costco. Costco service couldn’t help in any way. This was simply a frustrating experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Membership was 9 days over the renewal date and I am the second person on the card and didn't want to pay it then because It's not my card, so they wouldn't let me buy my groceries after shopping for 1/2 an hour yet when you pay the membership they renew it to the old renewal date. SO they wouldn't let me use the card but they are charging me for the time I wasn't able to use it???

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had a USMC Reunion and we ordered the flowers for the centerpieces from Costco. They arrived 2 days prior to the event as scheduled, but were brown and wilted. This was on October 17th, 2019. My wife called, sent pictures and they said we would be getting a refund. Well, a month rolls by and we still do not see the refund, so we call and they say, Yep, we can see it, don't know what the hold-up was". We were assured we would get the refund in 3-5 business days. We are now at December 9th and no refund has hit our account. I have called again and did the online chat. They say I will receive in 3-5 business days... We'll see. The mere fact that Costco held-up a VALID return for 2 months is a clear violation of GAAP and the Sarbanes Oxley act of 2001.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I am a long time member of Costco and will continue to be a consumer. I love the organic foods they provide as well as all of the services they provide the consumer. However, I believe that Costco should take the lead in helping the environment by installing hand blow dryers in all of their restrooms and removing the paper towels. Even though the restrooms are always clean, there is a massive amount of paper towels in the trash! Costco should step up to the plate!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is purely a review of Costco's delivery and installation service since we STILL HAVE NOT HAD OUR DISHWASHER INSTALLED!!! We have been waiting over a week from the confirmed delivery and install date. First, they ran out of time to deliver it on the first day - Monday, so we asked to have them deliver it the next day. 2 DAYS LATER, they tell us that it won't be delivered until FRIDAY! We get it finally delivered and we ask why they are not installing it - they simply said, "Well, we just deliver it. We will have someone come on Sunday to install it".

It's Sunday, and here come the installers (which by the way, we never got a message as to what window of time we should expect them. so we had to call ourselves to make sure)... They look around for the installation kit, and lo and behold, the delivery people did not leave it with us. So, now we have to wait AGAIN for another day for someone to come back out WITH an installation kit to finally install. Whatever 3rd company works with Costco does not know what the "right hand or left hand" is doing! No sense of communication. How can you run a business like this??? COSTCO - you need to find a better company to outsource your delivery and installation services. Or else I will continue to give bad reviews! I would never wish this on my worst enemy. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM COSTCO THAT NEEDS DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION!!!! You will be waiting a very long time!!

Costco Company Information