2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

It’s clean, has products with warranty, low prices, cash back, really good quality, the Costco store also has gasoline near their store with the lowest prices for gasoline and products, and they provided the hand sanitizer at the beginning and every corner of their store, they sell anything from grocery to pharmacy to deli with fresh food that they make in front of you with the lowest price, their cashiers always polite, fast and friendly and they always know what they are doing, in the past 30 years of my grocery the cashier never asked for help. They are trained really well. I go to Costco 3 times a week. I feel comfortable to shop there. Their pharmacy is so fast and knowledgeable that I feel like I am in the hospital. I order my prescription, get my grocery, pick my prescription and leave. Love it.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I probably spend way too much money in Costco. But knowing how to shop in the store and what to look for, can save you some bucks. I have never bought a bad steak in Costco. When we were traveling with our RV, we had bought a TV for the trailer before we left NJ. On our way south, I managed to drop it and the screen became a puzzle piece. Couldn't see it until you turned it on. I brought it back to Costco to a store located in the south. I told the truth and and advised that it was my fault. After counter sales spoke with the manager, they gave me a new TV. Costco is my store for life! Their stores are always clean and employees are always helpful. Need more stores south though. Moving to Alabama this summer!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I donate to a Youngmen's home and am in Costco at least 4 days a week. I always look for savings and products these youngmen will enjoy. I am always pleased by the selections offered by Costco. Each month a coupon book is mailed out that offers selected items at a an additionial discounted price. This is great for me as I look for all savings possible. There are always a great deal of items in the Costco coupon book that I am able to purchase for this home at an additional savings to me. This is by far my favorite place to shop!!! I love donating to this youngmen's home and the more I can save the more I am able to donate. I have now been donating to this youngmen's home for 3 1/2 years. I love being able to provide some of the small pleasures enjoyed by the youngmen residing at this home.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

A couple thoughts I have: Add more checkouts. Stores are very good about staffing the register but more registers are needed in every store I have been in. Give customers the option of self check outs. I’m single and also maintain a Sams Club membership due to the fact that some of the quantities you have to buy are too much for a single person. An example is the fresh fruits and vegetables. You carry an item for 6 months or so. We grow to love it and then it’s gone. Never to be seen again. Maybe you could move items to online sales after you take them out of stores. Acai berry yogurt is good but why did you remove the chocolate? Buy larger dispensing machines so you can bring back the chocolate yogurt at the lunch counter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I was introduced to this company by a friend. I visited this store a few times with her before I became a member. I was intrigued by the many unique items I saw in that store. The store is huge and has a large range of items being sold. The many things they sell changes between visits and some of the items are totally new to me. I've enjoyed the incredible variety of food this store has. Some of the food items have been new to me. They have people giving out samples of food or drinks. Some food I've purchased just to try something new. I've purchased clothing from the store that were sold at a price I could afford. I enjoy taking time to browse the store to look at the flowers, food, furniture, dishes, rugs, towels, clothing, books and a lot more.

I bought some sheets for my bed. They were very different from the cotton sheets I had previously used. I really liked the new sheets better. They were more comfortable. There's also a large area near the pharmacy where there are all kinds of supplements, skin care products and other health and body care products. They often have new things for sale in the store. A good reason to browse. It's rare when I want to return something but when I have there's been no problem with the process. The checkout process takes a reasonable amount of time and often goes pretty fast. The items purchased are put in boxes. That makes easier to get the items to and in the car. There's a discount on the gasoline sold near the stores. There are also parts and such that are discounted.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I purchased 2 different multi packages of ladies' socks. I wear a size 6 1\2. Both multipacks might fit someone with a size 10 shoe. I went online to return due to COVID and because I purchased online. I received an email authorizing the return and that UPS could pick up (for free). Costco’s interface setting up returns with UPS does not work right. The order’s Costco was sending to UPS kept truncating by apt #, so UPS kept sending me notices they could not pick up and that only Costco could correct it.

I spent over a month attempting this vicious cycle over and over with them and a very rude customer service manger, who basically was telling me I would have to go to the store to return and refused to refund me otherwise, despite this failure over a dozen times. I ordered online since I’m high risk for CV19 and repetitively said this was not what their website offered and not OK with me. I finally had to turn it into my chargecard company. After 30 days they charged it back to Costco. I’ve canceled my membership with Costco and will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Tried the online service for the first time today. I did this for a number of reasons. The first being, I have a fractured wrist and torn shoulder, 2nd I cannot lift, 3rd as an RN working with COVID patients I try to stay indoors on my off days. So I get a text, "Water sold out. Place order again in a day or 2". Which means spend another 35.00 for free delivery and they add a tip to your bill. Inadequate service, no we will deliver when available. Just "we can't do anything about this." No perks to being a member. Never mind a Gold member. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Bought a TV and Extended Warranty online and returned about 1 month ago. The TV showed up broken and not even the model I ordered. They had to come back and pick it up which was good. 2 weeks or so went by, no refund. Called and waited on phone over an hour while a rep tried to help me. She called another department and got their input to what happened and found it was Costco at fault, some wrong code or similar issue. They said it was fixed and I would see a refund in 3-5 business days.

I am now on day 6 or 7 and yet no refund. Chatted with another rep this morning online because I could not bear to do another hour on phone. Found that nothing had been escalated and no one can understand why my refund has not been sent. They say now my case has been escalated, so another 3-5 business days to wait. Asked to get a manager to escalate further and told it was impossible. I will never buy from Costco Online again and I recommend that to anyone else, this is a serious deficiency in their processes and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

This is not an unreasonable grievance but one that Costco needs to hear about. I purchased a new Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15 laptop computer in early February of this year and paid around $900. My husband is a 100% service-connected totally and permanently disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps He needs a working laptop computer to have virtual online appointments with VA doctors and other medical specialists, especially due to the virus pandemic. The Lenovo laptop’s keyboard stopped working and Lenovo technical support could not get it to work. They thought the motherboard was defective and some other components including the keyboard. It is a lemon for sure.

Lenovo promised on December 1, 2020 that it would send a technician to our home to try to fix the laptop or replace it with a working laptop. No technician has shown up yet and our repeated calls to Lenovo have been without avail. Costco told us that it can’t do anything until Lenovo’s one year warranty expires in February 2021. As far as we are concerned Lenovo’s warranty of one year is illusory and meaningless. We have been left holding the bag.

Costco told us that it could do nothing about this situation. This situation does require some kind of a fair and meaningful remedy such as a: 1) a return and refund or 2) an exchange for a working laptop, or 3) give us credit for the laptop and we will pay extra for a better one. I hope that someone with authority in management at Costco reads this and does something for us.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My husband and I decided it was time to buy a washer and dryer. We looked at different options at Costco because we just loved their stuff but we never tried their appliance department. The ones online we liked were a 4 week delivery estimate and we decided to wait. Meanwhile, we would do laundry at our relatives home for those four weeks. Well theirs ended up breaking down on them. Good thing my washer and dryer is coming right? Wrong. They came but the washer came damaged. We were not going to go to a laundry mat during Covid in our city so we decided to just wait for a new washer and just hang tight. Well customer service did not offer to make anything right but to just send a new washer. They said “sorry” and everything but we explained that we were hoping to get this done before Christmas.

So now we are going on 4 months and 2 weeks with no laundry, our pile of clothes are up to the ceiling. They smell as you know and we live in a small space. We are so disappointed with the whole “oh well” mentally we received from Costco. Finally when our washer came today, the delivery people came with a new set, when we specifically asked for just a new washer. We just told them, “oh well” put the new set in right? Customer service said this was fine. It is such a shame we are remodeling our home and we wanted to use Costco for other appliances because we do our weekly shopping with them and are executive members this year (pre Covid). We are happy to take our business elsewhere as they are not the only ones who sell appliances. I do not recommend Costco for appliances at all, we are not happy with our experience. We are just relieved to finally have clean clothes again.

Costco Company Information