2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: April 11, 2021

I went to the Ancaster Hamilton store a day before the lockdown on Thursday April 8th 2021. I am disabled in a wheelchair. When I got there I was ready to wait in the long lineup as it was a beautiful day out, as I approached the lineup one of the workers from Costco came out and asked me to go to the front of the line and they would let me in. So I went ahead of other people as I didn’t know if there was a purpose for this as I could have waited in line like everyone else. When getting in to the building I noticed that there was no carts for wheelchairs so my sister went and got a regular one, as I have pushed them before.

Again one of the ladies came to me and replied “hold on” we will get someone to help you. That’s what she did, she got a gentleman worker to push the cart so that my sister could push me. I have to thank the Costco workers from Ancaster, from the bottom of my heart in helping me get in and out in 45 minutes as I have a suppressed immune system. With Covid 19 going on you can never be too sure. Thank you and stay safe Costco, you are the best.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

It’s clean, has products with warranty, low prices, cash back, really good quality, the Costco store also has gasoline near their store with the lowest prices for gasoline and products, and they provided the hand sanitizer at the beginning and every corner of their store, they sell anything from grocery to pharmacy to deli with fresh food that they make in front of you with the lowest price, their cashiers always polite, fast and friendly and they always know what they are doing, in the past 30 years of my grocery the cashier never asked for help. They are trained really well. I go to Costco 3 times a week. I feel comfortable to shop there. Their pharmacy is so fast and knowledgeable that I feel like I am in the hospital. I order my prescription, get my grocery, pick my prescription and leave. Love it.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I went to Costco last week and purchased a few things to go camping with. Considering everything going on into today's world, camping felt like a good idea to get away from it all. When I went to Costco I knew I would get a few things, but had no idea that I would come across the most amazing tent that I have ever seen. Thank you so much Costco for always coming through!

Original review: June 9, 2020

Amidst a battle and terrible experience with a 3rd party seller on Amazon (nothing again Amazon, they're being great to work with) I placed an Online order with Costco for a pressure cooker. It arrived on time, but I quickly noticed the adjustment dial was extremely loose. I went back on their website, requested a return and received a prepaid return label. The day after I shipped it, I got an email stating my refund had been processed. This was my first online purchase from them and will not be my last! Really, the only "complaint" I have is with the return shipping methods. I would have liked to see costs associated with "UPS Drop Off" vs "UPS Pick Up" and if I'd be charged for either.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I bought a MSI gaming laptop for my son, it's awesome and was priced cheaper than other places, according to my research, the best thing about it it has a free 2 year warranty with it. One of the issues it has is the camera drivers are not installed, so I will be calling tech to sort that out, besides that I like it and my son is enjoying it too.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I hope Costco reads this review as the current “Captain Cook Barbecue” they are selling is way overpriced for what you get. 30 years ago I purchase a “Captain Cook” Barbecue from Barbecue Galore in Escondido California. At the time the unit cost $550.00 and was a four burner. I Barbecue a minimum of once a week, 52 weeks a year. So consider this review from a frequent user. With replacement of three burners and two ignition knobs on the front of the Barbecue the unit lasted and worked wonderfully for 25 years. Five years ago, my wife talked me into replacing the unit (today that is much to my sorrow). I purchased a five burner with side burner (to use cooking with pots or pans) “Captain Cook” Barbecue from Costco. My hope was that this unit would be as capable and lasting at my original. NOPE!!!

After five years, I’ve already replaced one burner and two other are going to have to be replaced. The burners were originally manufactured from Cast Iron (Thick and lasting) but have been change to the standard stainless steel that are so prevalent. Once stainless steel is heated up a few times, its structure will RUST OUT and fail to function properly or SAFELY. The Catch all pan in the bottom of the unit rusted out and collapsed within 18 month. A replacement would have cost me 1/3 the price of a new Barbecue.

I went to a local sheet metal shop and they bent one up for me for $20.00. The Grills within one year were rusted out, and replacing them would have cost as much as a new Barbecue. I have sand blasted them each year since and cured them in the oven, they are a cheap cast iron. Bottom line, between customer support, cost of parts and the Barbecue construction overall………I rate this unit as a failure and suggest a cheap one a Home Depot instead. At least that way you know it’ll have to be replaced within a few years and you only spend 1/3 of what a “Captain Cook” cost.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Despite that Costco says White Glove Delivery is delivery and assembly/setup, their delivery vendors don’t assemble! If you order a 400 lb patio set, you are on your own; count on it! Whoever is responsible for setting up vendors from Costco hasn’t bothered to let the delivery vendors know what Costco tells their customers that white glove delivery is more than dropping off purchased items. So many hours are required to work through all the mistakes of Costco. Keeping this brief but my multiple experiences with costco online purchases have been awful. I'm never buying from costco online again. I dont write reviews often. But, that is how bad my many purchase experience has been. If I can save only one person the pain of doing business with costco online, the time it took to write this is worth it.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Three things that gets me with walking in tub is you are a prisoner of tub until it is entry and it takes forever to fill up so you sit in tub a long time. You also need large water heater or you will run out of hot water before full.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I called customer service recently to report that I didn’t receive my new credit cards. I asked for the cards to be reissued in case they were stolen or lost in the mail. The customer service rep said she’ll issue new cards, but failed to mention that she went ahead and closed my account and issued new cards under a new account number. Now I can’t use my existing credit card, which doesn’t expire until Mar 2022. I’m also worried that the closure/opening of my account affects my credit rating. What kind of idiot would do this without informing the customer??!!! Horrible service!

Original review: March 16, 2021

Sorry, but this isn't right. The issue is specifically with a set of appliances I got from Sears.com but the service there is so very bad that I have to say that it relates to the parent company, since delivery is also coordinated through Costco. There were obviously some COVID-related issues with delivery, but honestly, this goes past that. The coordination between the Sears website, the (third-party) drivers, and the Costco delivery network is very, very poor and I am a person who feels like I don't need catering to, but it turns out I am not the only person experiencing this AT ALL!

Time and time again my delivery has been rescheduled and the drivers are often not sure what they are supposed to do. Often they have rented a vehicle to deliver. Is that fair to drivers OR customers? Then rescheduling is set and when someone finally delivers they can't install it because it's a gas line, which is not a terribly unusual thing. Then I call to reschedule, I am told that they will send the right person out. I spend a day waiting, and the driver doesn't show up!

Then they say they will refund me for my trouble within 24-48 hours and they don't refund me! Then I write to say they didn't refund me and they said: "We don't do refunds." That's not just disorganized. That's not just unethical. I'm pretty sure it's against that law and moreover that a credit card company can decline to do business with a company that fails to follow-through on a refund. It's not good!

Costco Company Information