2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Costco Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

I probably spend way too much money in Costco. But knowing how to shop in the store and what to look for, can save you some bucks. I have never bought a bad steak in Costco. When we were traveling with our RV, we had bought a TV for the trailer before we left NJ. On our way south, I managed to drop it and the screen became a puzzle piece. Couldn't see it until you turned it on. I brought it back to Costco to a store located in the south. I told the truth and and advised that it was my fault. After counter sales spoke with the manager, they gave me a new TV. Costco is my store for life! Their stores are always clean and employees are always helpful. Need more stores south though. Moving to Alabama this summer!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I donate to a Youngmen's home and am in Costco at least 4 days a week. I always look for savings and products these youngmen will enjoy. I am always pleased by the selections offered by Costco. Each month a coupon book is mailed out that offers selected items at a an additionial discounted price. This is great for me as I look for all savings possible. There are always a great deal of items in the Costco coupon book that I am able to purchase for this home at an additional savings to me. This is by far my favorite place to shop!!! I love donating to this youngmen's home and the more I can save the more I am able to donate. I have now been donating to this youngmen's home for 3 1/2 years. I love being able to provide some of the small pleasures enjoyed by the youngmen residing at this home.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

A couple thoughts I have: Add more checkouts. Stores are very good about staffing the register but more registers are needed in every store I have been in. Give customers the option of self check outs. I’m single and also maintain a Sams Club membership due to the fact that some of the quantities you have to buy are too much for a single person. An example is the fresh fruits and vegetables. You carry an item for 6 months or so. We grow to love it and then it’s gone. Never to be seen again. Maybe you could move items to online sales after you take them out of stores. Acai berry yogurt is good but why did you remove the chocolate? Buy larger dispensing machines so you can bring back the chocolate yogurt at the lunch counter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I was introduced to this company by a friend. I visited this store a few times with her before I became a member. I was intrigued by the many unique items I saw in that store. The store is huge and has a large range of items being sold. The many things they sell changes between visits and some of the items are totally new to me. I've enjoyed the incredible variety of food this store has. Some of the food items have been new to me. They have people giving out samples of food or drinks. Some food I've purchased just to try something new. I've purchased clothing from the store that were sold at a price I could afford. I enjoy taking time to browse the store to look at the flowers, food, furniture, dishes, rugs, towels, clothing, books and a lot more.

I bought some sheets for my bed. They were very different from the cotton sheets I had previously used. I really liked the new sheets better. They were more comfortable. There's also a large area near the pharmacy where there are all kinds of supplements, skin care products and other health and body care products. They often have new things for sale in the store. A good reason to browse. It's rare when I want to return something but when I have there's been no problem with the process. The checkout process takes a reasonable amount of time and often goes pretty fast. The items purchased are put in boxes. That makes easier to get the items to and in the car. There's a discount on the gasoline sold near the stores. There are also parts and such that are discounted.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Costco has been my 'go to' store for many years now. I'd be happy if I could live it in. :) They have such an enormous amount of products from groceries, jewelry, toys, hardware to even furniture. Everything I have purchased there has been of great quality. Whoever does the buying for Costco does a great job! Returning items is so easy. Receipts are not even necessary!

Sometimes we go there just to buy a hotdog and pop for $1.50. I don't usually care for weiners, but the ones in these hot dogs are amazing. I don't know anywhere else you can buy a meal for this price. The cakes are so delicious and large for such a reasonable price! All the bake goods are wonderful. Bread prices are a great price as well. I just love this store!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: May 24, 2020

After years of purchasing "America's Test Kitchen" books, something happened and they are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I wonder on "whose end" this decision fell on. Also, the latest political books are not being offered. I don't really expect Costco to tell the truth; after all, they expect us to believe the reason they check receipts at the door is SO THEY CAN CATCH IF ANY DUPLICATE PURCHASES WERE MADE. Yeah, RIGHT! (They certainly missed it when during ONE SHOPPING TRIP, TWO ITEMS WERE DOUBLE RANG. Not ONE, but TWO! It only happened once, but once was enough.)

My other rant about Costco is how SENIOR UNFRIENDLY they have always been. I say this because of their desire to CREATE A TREASURE HUNT FOR ALL. Why do they feel the need to re-locate merchandise EVERY SINGLE WEEK? When I was younger, it didn't bother me; but now with numerous physical issues, every step counts. If I can't find something on the first 'go around', I buy it elsewhere.

Moreover, Costco members should realize that some, if not most, of the items they purchase to meet Costco's price point, - lack certain features. i.e. ice chests lack insulation in the lid, but look identical to what you would buy elsewhere at a higher price. One time, years ago, I purchased a garbage disposal. IT DIDN'T HAVE A RESET BUTTON!! But, I wasn't smart enough to tune into that when I read the box. ...My fault. (I guess that feature saved them a few dollars.) All in all, the Costco we know today, is a far cry from when it began; and, it's not for the better.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Terrible customer support!!!! Costco is usually so good to both their customers and employees that I usually love to give them my business. I ordered a new washing machine and the delivery guys woke me up at 7:00 am to confirm my delivery and then didn't show up as scheduled between 9:00 and 11:00 am. No call or notification at all. I called the deliver number and they hung up on me and did not give me a status or reschedule.

The worst part is Costco customer service. Call the number and they tell you they are not taking calls right now, and the wait for online chat is over 10 hours. There are so many people out of work right now and you can't get enough people to man the phones and online customer service? So, I have no idea if/when I might get delivery of a washing machine I paid over $1000 to have delivered to my house. Never will I use Costco for large items again.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Part of the reason I purchased a light fixture from Costco was the rebate that was offered with it. After I got home with my purchase, I submitted the rebate Costco.com. It took me 4-5 tries to be successful. My thought was that they make submitting the rebate difficult so people will give up. Weeks later, I received an email telling me that my rebate was unable to be submitted because of missing or unclear information. When I submitted the rebate, all information was correctly provided. Now I am told to resubmit the information, but I have thrown the receipt away.

I got on the Costco website to resolve the problem, but hit dead ends. I tried calling customer service, and they referred me to another number which directed me back to the website. The wait to chat with "customer service" online or talk to someone is ridiculous. Customers don't have time to spend all day trying to get a rebate that was promised. After spending an hour trying to resolve this problem, I need to get on with my life. Congratulations, Costco, you successfully scammed me!

Original review: May 20, 2020

Am I the only one that didn’t know Costco Concierge Service is a hired service and not part of Costco? I’ve been with them over 10 years. They do nothing more than transfer information. They are not your advocate nor will they intervene for you. If you have any damage whatsoever on any of your TVS, COMPUTERS or other electronics they will not dig any further as to the real problem and immediately void your warranty - even if the product ran for months with or without cosmetic damage. Then they will forward the repair estimate, which in my case was never done, and the repair estimate is always more than the cost of the product. This is a borderline scam. I'll take my business elsewhere - especially electronics. I am shocked, I feel scammed and I feel like I’ve been deceived with a false sense of security when purchasing electronics.

Original review: May 17, 2020

After Costco decided we were unable to space ourselves or even make a choice on whether we want to use a mask I have stopped shopping there after 4 years. It is doubtful that I will be renewing my membership back with them.

Costco Company Information