2.95/5

187 Costco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

Two weeks ago we went in the store from Biscayne Boulevard in Miami. At the entrance we were stop for a very rude and unfriendly worker and he didn’t let us coming inside because we have our Chihuahua dog with us. We have a emotional support dog letter identification with all the information that they need. He didn’t bother to take time to explain the reason. We ask for the manager then he came and show us the notice that they have. They only accept services dogs. They don’t even consider the emotional support dogs. This is a very bad experience that me and my wife have shame on you. Costco we use to buy our groceries all the time. We don’t recommend this place at all. My wife still have that flashing on her mind.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Costco is the best place to buy groceries. I have bought the finest cuts of meat for special occasions, steaks that can be cut with a fork. But their other meat can be purchased at economy prices, that is still a cut above. Their fruit is right off the trees, fresh picked, colourful and crisp. Baked goods that are a meal in themselves, fresh and sweet, sandwich bread and breakfast treats. Cakes off the shelf or they will make it for you. Sections comprised of cheeses and tortillas, hams and fish. And all of this while eating and drinking free samples. Costco groceries can't be beat. And that is only the food section, they have a section for day goods of all kinds, books and jewellery, household goods and toys. See you there.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Easy to get to. Easy parking with large spaces between vehicles. Gasoline prices are typically 20 cents a gallon than the rest of the gas stations. Lots of handicapped parking. Great prices. Nice people. Great food court. Employees extremely friendly and helpful.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I shop at Costco all time and eat there. Love it. Went to Costco Edmonton Airport today. First time had the worst pizza of my life. No ham, just a bit 4 pieces of pineapple on end of it, cheese small amount and so well done was hard like cardboard. Maybe some foreigner that don’t know what pizza is.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Costco prices are high on multi packs of same item so individuals don't normally shop there. For families the end cost is large for food for typical shopping trip BUT I don't find a need to go more than once a month. For that, Costco is A+++ to shop in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: March 10, 2019

Good values if you can use larger quantities. Beef is some of the best available, as is their farm raised salmon. Just avoid them on the weekends. Limited locations are a disappointment if you don’t live in an area with Costco.

Original review: March 9, 2019

A long driving distance but for customer service, value, variety of in-store items and long warranties...Costco is the very BEST! We tried to plan for at least 4 hours to shop and shop often maybe 2 to 3 times a month at Costco in Camillus, NY outside of Syracuse. They also offer large number of organic items.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Forgetting that my membership at Costco expired 4 DAYS AGO because I usually shop at Sam's Club. I went to purchase something. The cashier Told me that my membership was expired Um said I had to pay a $120 to Reno. The kind lady behind me offer to use her card so I may purchase my items because I was not going to renew with Costco. The cashier said that is not possible. We have to use our own card but the lady behind us said that does not make any sense because I'm standing right here and I'm authorizing them to use it and he refused to let her use her card. Very unsatisfied with Costco's Customer Service. I will NEVER GO THERE AGAIN! And will tell everyone I know They suck.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I find the meat department carries the best meat, prime, and best cuts. Sometimes cost is a reason we don’t buy as much meat. Bread department is nice, Wine department has a nice selection at reasonable prices. I like that I do not have people running up to me with fake sales pitch about a bogus product, like your competitors.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have tried to use Costco website for the last 4 days now - I finally called the Costco CS people and the answer I received was there is an upgrade going on. so I ask why is the web page flipping over and over in a loop with an error reading for the last 4 days - - what has happened is a hacked took place and a virus was released thru their system to cover up the hacking - I have work in this criteria on code - when the code pages get inserted with a line or just a few letters this is what happens.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My favorite store. Every time I go into Costco I find what am looking for. They carry the best products for a reasonable price. Love the lighting and displays. The people are very customer service orientated and kind. They run towards you and not away. The hotdog is a plus.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Costco is clean and the products are well displayed. They carry a lot of organic items. I bought 2 pairs of prescription eyeglasses which were the least expensive of 4 other places. I'm really pleased with them. Their gas prices are the cheapest around my area and I get 4% back for using my Costco credit card.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Sometimes items are moved around just so I have to go down more aisles. Some items like Izze drinks are not always available. Books are always a good buy. We have the corporate card and save on membership costs.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I shop Costco with a list and can generally get everything on 20+ minutes. I have room for bulk purchase of things I use a lot including paper products, cat litter, bird seed, coffee pods, green beans and canned tomatoes, apples, frozen fruits and fish. I often try foods they are demonstrating and often add to my list. I have purchased tires and love the follow up service. I find gas is $0.25-30 cheaper than I can get elsewhere. Their return policy cannot be beaten.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Always great service and love ending up eating in cafe. Also, no questions asked when returning items. Wonderful products. Friends that have used travel options claim are very good. Greatest gas prices. You get your membership fee back first year.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Good return policies make all the difference! I’ve returned cooked salmon because it didn’t taste fresh! Awesome store! The prices are always the best and they carry quality products. We have a large family and shop often at Costco.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I paid my annual membership fee on 10 of 2019 in Costco Avon, MA. Membership desk charged me $60 that day. Unfortunately, my membership still expired. Costco online agent denied my transactions, said there is no $60 received by Costco on Feb. 10 from my credit card. I contacted my bank agent, which is Costco Citi Anywhere Credit Card, who told me from the Citibank system, there is a $60 transaction. If Citi can see it, then Costco must see it, because they are using the same system.

I went to a Costco warehouse, the agent there said they cannot help me with my membership issue, because I purchased in Costco Avon but not Costco Everet, MA. They gave me a one-time exception to buy things in Costco that day. And the cashier feels very impatient when I checked my stuff. A long story, no one can tell me where's my money going. I will keep tracking my $60, and close the Citibank account and quit Costco membership for sure.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I think renewable fees are a little high. But I still like shopping there. They have the best prices. The Frederick store is the best one I think. I’ll keep shopping at Costco.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I just spent two hours between chat and on the phone with a manager for something that should have been quite simple. Costco.com and Costco are quite separate and therefore, their customer service suffers greatly (thus the 2.5 stars out of 5 on this site). I will shop at Sam's Club.com and Sam's Club until this changes. Costco wanted to charge me $800 to ship laminate flooring. Sam's Club has almost exact flooring and they offer the Click and Pull offer. Sam's Club employees shop for you and everything is ready for pick-up and you can pay online or at the club. Costco...you will have to step up your game pretty quickly to keep up. Manager called back way after the allotted time and really offered nothing to help. I am all about good reviews and kudos to those that deserve and rarely write bad reviews but I expect more from Costco and Costco.com. I am off to shop at Sam's Club, contact me if your customer service improves.

Original review: March 2, 2019

The samples that you give away are great but a total distraction to shopping. Never go on giveaway days. They fill the aisles. It’s hard to get around them when they’re positioned at the entrance to the isles creates traffic jams all over. Place them in one area so you can shop without having to fight your way through the customers.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Locations strategically located, selling quality products, sold @ value prices, with excellent customer service. Technical service in cell phone departments are insightful with review of data usage, then compare & contrast of various programs & vendors with best value recommendations.

Original review: March 1, 2019

It’s a nice clean store. I Hate Walmart & won’t shop there so it’s a very good alternative. It’s a fair selection of groceries etc & the produce is very good. I’ve been able to find most things & prices are better than they are at the market.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I went to the Costco in La Vista, NE. on Wednesday to pick up EKO 47L/12.4G Fingerprint-Resistant Stainless Steel Motion Sensor Trash Can that I seen when I was in there on Tuesday. Tuesday they had a ton. Wednesday they had zero left. (They didn't have any at the Dodge street either.) The guy that helped me said "You can just order it online & they will deliver it to your door". He FAILED to say they will charge you $ 14.99 shipping & handling. That is ridiculous! He also stated they sell out quick. It is not the customers fault they don't order enough. Found a similar item at Wal-Mart.com with free shipping. Which it comes to my door for FREE. Guess where I am buy my new trash can.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I believe that Costco gives good value. It is true that one has to buy items in large volumes. However, this can be managed if one is clever about either freezing foodstuffs for shopping with a neighbor in order to split some items.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I like Costco prices compared with other stores. Most of all I love their return policy. The store never gives you hassles when you return items even if you have used the item. Though I pay a membership fee, I get it back each year from Costco and money back from my credit card.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been enjoying my Costco experience so far. Most employees have been rather polite to be around. Except for a couple deli employees that decided to talk in unprofessional street slang with a dab of cussing using suburban slang to insult half of the people they called friends. Otherwise I have found most workers to be pleasant and professional.

I enjoy purchasing items in bulk sizes. This has really cut down on my grocery bill because I'm not purchasing these items as much at a traditional grocery store. Kirkland brand is hit or miss on quality compared to other stores. They don't sell everything and their prices are not all that great. Could you please give us a genetic store map of where items are? I'm learning the stores by wandering up and down each aisle until I stumble across what I need. I'd like to purchase more but often can't find it. I cannot get out of Costco for less than $200 even if I budget my self to 6-10 items. They rotate product so much it's difficult to find it.

Produce is excellent. The only downside is you have to purchase a large amount of it and it all ripens at once. You have 2-3 days to scarf it down or toss it out. Otherwise their product quality is fairly decent. Despite the massive crowds I found I tend to wait no less than five minutes in line. Some cashiers slow down and allow the customer to pay at their own pace. While others speed you through. Once I couldn't finish writing the check before I realized I was heading out the door.

Parking lot in the Tukwila, WA location is a terrible design. You have panhandlers and homeless at every in/out entrance. Drivers forget to yield to pedestrians and forget to look for them when they drive. Drivers often do more than the 10 mph limit for a parking lot. Could we please have more stop signs and speed bumps to slow these inconsiderate driers down?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Not only do you get great deals on most of the items that they sell but the return policy is second to none. The return policy is the most important part about shopping in any store. Customer service is number 1.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Costco can be a good place to shop and a bad one. Things you buy a lot of can disappear overnight never to return, stores across the nation and even across a state carry too many different things (little conformity) and the lines to check out can be horrible and they will not open a '10 items or less' line. Employees are hit and miss for service, some smile and many do not. They don't like helping you load chairs or large heavier items, etc but they are happy to sell you those items. The big bulk items are often too much for small households, especially if you lack storage. They never stock enough of the fun seasonal items. Their rotisserie chicken is the best on the planet though!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first join Costco I was overwhelmed by the size. However, I have found great value on a regular basis so I keep coming back. It is amazing how quickly Checkout goes even at high traffic times. The one concern is that at times they drop products with little or no warning. If it's not the house brand (Kirkland) you never know how long they will have the product. This has happened only once or twice so I am not very worried about it. The Kirkland brand is also high quality.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Return policy the best in the business. Low prices are storewide. Parking is the only problem. Their gas prices are the lowest in town. Other stores should take a lesson from Costco on pricing and returns.

Costco Company Information