3.58/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: March 30, 2018

12 Costco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 30, 2018

It is sad to join the many people on here for Costco online ordering but they have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I ordered a desk that was "out for delivery" on the 3/16. They never called, the distribution facility had this item with them for 5 days and finally I called to see where the package went. They linked me to the distributor and I scheduled a deliver date, they never showed up. I called Costco to handle this and they kept trying to give me the runaround, they told me that they will get in touch with the delivery dispatchers, No one could reach them! Where did the driver go? Costco then said that a customer specialist will get in touch with me the next day and that there were no supervisors on the floor to speak to and that they had all gone home? What!? How are you running a business operation with no available supervisor?

I got the number for the dispatcher and left a message to them to call me the next day. No one called me the next day! So I called Costco again, and they said the best thing they could do was escalate the delivery, and to have this magical customer specialist call me about reimbursements. Finally a day later this customer service specialist called, and had the audacity to argue with me that they have 3 weeks to deliver a package, how do you then explain that the package was already ready to be delivered, and all that they could offer was $100 missed delivery voucher if I kept the item, so I decided to take that offer and reschedule my delivery. Did it show up the second time... NO it did not! How do you operate an online business like this? This is why ToysRUs went out of business. Never order online here!!! It is not worth it, you get better service from Amazon or Wayfair.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We enjoy shopping at Costco because of the price value but especially the friendliness. So many of the cashiers make a point of remembering the customers and asking about and keeping up with our families.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Not always the lowest price, but quality is generally consistent and returns are accepted without question. Well-known that quantity is for large families, or get together friends.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I always feel like I've gotten value for my dollar. The $1.50 hotdogs are the best! There's almost always short lines and efficient service. Love Costco!

Original review: March 23, 2018

COSTCO is by far the best Big Box Store there is. Sam's is OK as is BJ's, but the Service, price and quality of COSTO surpasses both. We have been members of all three over the years, but now only belong to COSTCO. We love their return policy and the Customer Service and friendliness of their employees and they operate on a 5% profit margin, unlike the others whose margins are much larger.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: March 22, 2018

Products get moved around too much and you get frustrated searching for them and give up. I have spoken to workers in Costco and they tell me the buyers bid for location in the store, personally the buyers should concentrated on finding good products not fighting for retail space.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I really appreciate the ease of shopping at Costco and the prices are usually much better than at other places. My main objection is the crowds are terrible on the weekends. It does take time and research to ensure that I am getting the best deals, but that is true for any store.

Original review: March 19, 2018

It's always busy, but the greeters are always friendly. The store layout is fairly easy to manipulate once you learn it. I look for products that can be used as gifts or some new food item to try. Clothes are well priced, too. There are lines to check out, but it's a fast and efficient process.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The merchandise and/or the food or beverages purchased at Costcos are of the finest quality. I trust the products when I purchase from them. Additionally, the meats, poultry, fruits, vegetables, and foods made in their bakery or kitchen are excellent. We shop at Costcos frequently and have never been disappointed. I have also purchased Christmas decorations, Christmas trees and furnishings such as picnic tables, desk chairs, computers, printers, flowers, rose bushes and numerous other items that were all of the finest quality. I am thrilled there is a Costco in my area.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Best prices on most items, easy return policy, and excellent customer service. Extended warranty is very reasonable, and the warranty is extended after the manufacturer one.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Received online order from Costco for wedge that arrived without any product showing materials used in the production of this pillow. She apologized and advised she would send my concern to “BrentWoodHome.com” and they would get back to me within three business days. I believe all products shipped to consumers are suppose to contain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). My understanding is this a law required by all fifty states. I can’t believe the irresponsibility by Costco and their supplier.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I went to Costco located at 400 S Zuni Street Denver Colorado to get one box of eggs. When I went to pay, the cashier told me: 'today, your membership is the last day, you have to pay the membership'. I told him: 'I don't know, don't charge anything on my card besides the eggs'. So I signed and left with a receipt. I gave the receipt to my husband, he found out there was a charge of $120.00 membership fees in the receipt, the total charge is $123.69 instead of $3.69.

He went in to the customer service, and told a gentleman that the membership fees was paid in full and he asked him why did the cashier making this charge without authorization on the credit card. He went back to his office and verified it, he came out to the cashier station and making a refund. This is a ridiculous unpleasant transaction to a Costco loyal customer. I hope Costco can apology to me in this issue, and hope all other Costco customers be aware on this unauthorized charge on your receipt after you have paid at the cashier.

Costco Company Information