2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I probably spend way too much money in Costco. But knowing how to shop in the store and what to look for, can save you some bucks. I have never bought a bad steak in Costco. When we were traveling with our RV, we had bought a TV for the trailer before we left NJ. On our way south, I managed to drop it and the screen became a puzzle piece. Couldn't see it until you turned it on. I brought it back to Costco to a store located in the south. I told the truth and and advised that it was my fault. After counter sales spoke with the manager, they gave me a new TV. Costco is my store for life! Their stores are always clean and employees are always helpful. Need more stores south though. Moving to Alabama this summer!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I donate to a Youngmen's home and am in Costco at least 4 days a week. I always look for savings and products these youngmen will enjoy. I am always pleased by the selections offered by Costco. Each month a coupon book is mailed out that offers selected items at a an additionial discounted price. This is great for me as I look for all savings possible. There are always a great deal of items in the Costco coupon book that I am able to purchase for this home at an additional savings to me. This is by far my favorite place to shop!!! I love donating to this youngmen's home and the more I can save the more I am able to donate. I have now been donating to this youngmen's home for 3 1/2 years. I love being able to provide some of the small pleasures enjoyed by the youngmen residing at this home.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

A couple thoughts I have: Add more checkouts. Stores are very good about staffing the register but more registers are needed in every store I have been in. Give customers the option of self check outs. I’m single and also maintain a Sams Club membership due to the fact that some of the quantities you have to buy are too much for a single person. An example is the fresh fruits and vegetables. You carry an item for 6 months or so. We grow to love it and then it’s gone. Never to be seen again. Maybe you could move items to online sales after you take them out of stores. Acai berry yogurt is good but why did you remove the chocolate? Buy larger dispensing machines so you can bring back the chocolate yogurt at the lunch counter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I was introduced to this company by a friend. I visited this store a few times with her before I became a member. I was intrigued by the many unique items I saw in that store. The store is huge and has a large range of items being sold. The many things they sell changes between visits and some of the items are totally new to me. I've enjoyed the incredible variety of food this store has. Some of the food items have been new to me. They have people giving out samples of food or drinks. Some food I've purchased just to try something new. I've purchased clothing from the store that were sold at a price I could afford. I enjoy taking time to browse the store to look at the flowers, food, furniture, dishes, rugs, towels, clothing, books and a lot more.

I bought some sheets for my bed. They were very different from the cotton sheets I had previously used. I really liked the new sheets better. They were more comfortable. There's also a large area near the pharmacy where there are all kinds of supplements, skin care products and other health and body care products. They often have new things for sale in the store. A good reason to browse. It's rare when I want to return something but when I have there's been no problem with the process. The checkout process takes a reasonable amount of time and often goes pretty fast. The items purchased are put in boxes. That makes easier to get the items to and in the car. There's a discount on the gasoline sold near the stores. There are also parts and such that are discounted.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Costco has been my 'go to' store for many years now. I'd be happy if I could live it in. :) They have such an enormous amount of products from groceries, jewelry, toys, hardware to even furniture. Everything I have purchased there has been of great quality. Whoever does the buying for Costco does a great job! Returning items is so easy. Receipts are not even necessary!

Sometimes we go there just to buy a hotdog and pop for $1.50. I don't usually care for weiners, but the ones in these hot dogs are amazing. I don't know anywhere else you can buy a meal for this price. The cakes are so delicious and large for such a reasonable price! All the bake goods are wonderful. Bread prices are a great price as well. I just love this store!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Really bad experience. You won't get any ETA. No timeline. I ordered waster and dryer and was supposed to be delivered on Oct 15 (order on Sept 30). On Oct 15 I received an email stating it was sent to wrong distribution enter and will be delayed further but till now no update on when I will receive it and even after multiple calls there are no updates.. In fact no one has any clue on when I will receive it. Don't buy anything on Costco online if you need to get it on time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

They have great deals on the same shoes that would be $40-$60 for like $15-$20. Nice shoes at a discount price. I would highly recommend. The shoes will last years potentially & may even be Vans, Nike.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I got a membership because of the products they sold in bulk but they have been discontinued most of them selling basically Costco brand only. Will not be renewing my membership this year after 4 years!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I ordered a LG Fridge on costco.com because I thought it was a great deal. Costco says they will deliver and have it professionally installed. This is where the lie begins. On their site as part of the delivery terms it is clearly stated that should the fridge doors need removing to get into the home the delivery team will do so. Upon arrival the team measured the door and measure the fridge. They attempted to get the fridge into my home with the doors intact which did not fit. This caused damage to the fridge, my wall and door trim.

The team then decided to take the doors off and install it correctly after they damaged it. I've been dealing with the delivery company and Costco for weeks now. the delivery company was very apologetic after they seen my home surveillance video of the incident but were reluctant to help me before this. Now costco.com when I requested a new fridge said the delivery company wont install the fridge because they are not required to remove the doors for the install. So they decided to compensate me. This was supposed to take 3-5 days to receive the money. I'm now going on 3 weeks. Costco wholesale has been great but their online customer service has been horrible and I'd rather do my business elsewhere from now on.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Costco, purchasing was a breeze (easy when they are taking our money, i guess). Little background, we are a new couple and moved to a new home. We ordered a Whirlpool Refrigerator and Dishwasher bundle from Costco. We were extremely excited for the delivery. Great job in all the automated (sms) alerts. Then came human interaction.

Requests (paid extra as well):
      1. remove the existing refrigerator and install the new one;

2. bring in the dishwasher and install it as well.

How it happened: 1. 2 men came, rushed through the process, brought in the pieces. 2. He asked us where the water is coming from, my husband asked him to wait for a little while because we were new to the home, it took some time to find it. By then, they took a signature from me. (i did it in good faith, that they would stay until the installation is completed). 3. They just took-off! 4. My husband was back in a couple minutes, and called him that he found it. He wouldn't. He called my husband 'crazy'. He asked us to call customer service and reschedule it. Now the real fun begins (sarcastically). 1. We were on call with customer service on the phone, 2. waited for an hour, and we had an Andria picked up, my husband explained the situation, and she spoke extremely rudely and cut the call once he asked to talk to a supervisor.

We tried calling back, it happened 3 times. At this juncture, it was frustrating to have 2 non-working refrigerators. One that we emptied and unplugged. The other brand new one. We called a handy man at that time, he came and fixed it for us in 5 mins. and the installation folks are supposed to be 'experts' ditched us, and people on the phone are even horrendous! Please steer clear of Costco.com while buying appliances! I wouldn't want even my enemy to face such bad customer experience. Thank you for reading my long post!

Costco Company Information