2.69/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

62 Costco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Was at the food court at the Springfield, VA store. Because there was a long line, the cashier waved at me several times to step forward and order my food. When I did step forward, a woman customer at the counter got belligerent with me because she said I did not give her enough space. I told the woman to stop, and she continued pick a fight with me and then she complained to management, while at the same time the cashier did nothing to help. I tried to explain my side of the story to management, but they had no interest in hearing it. 6 weeks later, I got a letter saying my membership has been revoked for all stores, and that they have a right to cancel anyone's membership without cause. This seems to be what happens when Costco gets too successful, they take great joy bullying and blackballing individual customers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Warning to all consumers in the market for flooring. My experience and many others that used Costco as a household name that suggests they guarantee their business, name and product to a consumer. I found this to be very untrue and a costly misunderstanding. I had work done, demo, flooring and install done by Costco for $20k in my residence. They contract through S&G who state their installers are professional and highly trained. Unfortunately they contracted a third party out of Morgan Hill to do the work. These "professionals" used my expensive to replace Roman Shades as window guards to prevent damage to my custom windows. Doing so they not only stretched the cords beyond repair but also used a safety pin to attach them to my curtains to keep them down.

When I pointed this out to S&G with two other issues they said they would repair them as they were damaged. Weeks of not locating a company that repairs them I was told they would replace them and we could settle. Not knowing how much I asked for estimates and they were costly. Once I provided the outcome to S&G they went silent and wouldn't respond to me. I contacted Costco Corporate and asked for assistance. Costco basically said they only get involved if flooring but I would have to deal with their vendor. I paid Costco. I am their customer and they should get this matter resolved. It's been over 3 months since the flooring was out in and this issue has been ongoing. I was told by Costco that if I provided my shades to S&G they would guarantee their blinds department would repair them and have them back to me by two weeks. All untrue.

The shades were taken to a place I said I didn't want them to go all to come back and say they can't fix them. Now S&G says they were never broken and just needed to be reset. Untrue. The cords are stretched and how can you tell me they can't be repaired but then in the same email state they were never ruined and we would love to bring them back. All this time trusting them to do the right thing and yet again both Costco and S&G went radio silent. I had to purchase new Roman Shades that were over $3200 and now have to continue a fight with these people to do what's right and what they should have done in the first place. I would never recommend Costco for any home needs that will cause secondary damage by their vendors. They do not stand by their customers to ensure satisfactory outcomes.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I purchased a hot tub online that was on sale. Original delivery was estimated at 3 to 4 weeks. Around the 4 week timeframe I checked online and was alarmed to see that my order had been cancelled. When I called, they told me to check with my bank since they had declined my charge. My bank refuted that notion and had never declined the charge. I called Costco back and this time was told that the item was no longer available and there was nothing they could do. The same hot tub was still shown online but at a higher price. Therefore I purchased a hot tub locally and although disappointed with Costco I thought the debacle was over.

2 weeks later UPS tried to deliver the so called tub. I declined delivery and called Costco to confirm all the confusion. Now my card has been charged and I have no hot tub to show for it! Now my bank is trying to help but the charge will be on my card for days and my spending limit is reduced. Every time I called Costco customer service, I was given a different explanation.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased this product on September 12th. I was told that the item would be delivered between 3-5 weeks. On 9/27/18 the debit for 1500 was made from my account. I was very pleased and excited to receive my desk as I was just starting my Master's Degree program. On 10/13/18 The delivery driver showed up at my house at about 8 am. I never received an estimated time of arrival and therefore wasn't expecting them to be there. The driver called me and was very rude indicating that he had been sitting in front of my house for over 15 minutes. I have the Ring so I get notifications when someone walks up to my door.

I asked why he never approached my door and rang the doorbell. He chose not to answer and instead was rather irritated that I had stairs. He asked me "how do you expect me to get a 300lb desk up the stairs?" I respectfully responded asking him if he knew it was 300lbs when HE loaded it into the truck. He was rude and said that he couldn't do it and I needed to call the delivery number Monday morning. I am a SINGLE mother so my time is limited and I couldn't call until Tuesday the 16th. I told them to cancel it if they couldn't deliver the product. I was assured that it would be sent back out that weekend. It was not. I didn't get another phone call and had to call a week later.

I logged into the Coscto portal and canceled the order on the 18th of October. I had a few emails sent to me indicating that I would be credited back in 3-5 days. It is now 11/7/18 and I have yet to receive my money back. $1500 is a lot of money and being a single mother I do not have that kind of money to throw away. I have reached out to Costco several times and I can't believe the service that I have received. I have been a member of Costco for quite some time now and I expect a certain level of service. The withholding of my money is illegal and should not be a practice that Costco partakes in. I am very disappointed and rather disgusted with the lack of professionalism.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

How can you not like Costco? Only days I do not like going are on weekends when that place gets crazy. My wife hates going with me as I like to wander up and down the isles looking for fun new stuff. And if you do not like something, I mean anything, for any reason. They just take it back with no fuss. This is how all business should operate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Do not buy a GE refrigerator from Costco! It has been 23 days and I am still without a refrigerator. Why? Well, there's more than I can say here, but let's just say it started with an inability to have it installed. The install team from GE said they could not remove my non-functioning built-in (This after the concierge service told me they could). They left the crated fridge in my garage - and it is still there. After 23.5 hours of phone calls, taking the day off from work 3 different times so far, I received a call from the GE technician this morning. "What's wrong with your fridge?"

Obviously he never saw any of the notes from the 8 or 9 previous calls. I say "It's in my garage and just needs to be picked up (I had to give up on Costco and am buying one from an appliance store. He says" I don't do pickups". This after my call to Costco yesterday where I was assured it would be picked up. Never, never, never buy a GE fridge from Costco. Prior to this experience, I always had good treatment from Costco. They should not sell them if they cannot handle the logistics - hard to say if Costco or GE, but Costco took my money and they had almost a month to rectify it. NO luck...

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Online Costco had a sale for a king sized bed, sheets, comforters, etc. I ordered, cost was over $1000.00 all together. The next thing I know the purchase is being denied by COSTCO because I had a UPS address instead of a house or apartment address. So I called Costco customer service. The guy on the other end was truly ignorant. He said "It's a UPS Box." I said "Yes, that's right." He said "Um. You ordered a BED." I said "Yep." He said "Well. A bed won't fit into a UPS box!" in a snotty voice. I about fell over. Was he serious?? Yes, indeed he was. Apparently he's never heard of UPS accepting FREIGHT, where they put a tag into your box and you take the tag to the desk and they go into the back AND BRING OUT YOUR FREIGHT SHIPMENT.

I order from Amazon, from all kinds of online stores and services. Big items, small items, medium items. NEVER have any of those businesses said "A bed won't fit into a UPS box." The STUPIDITY of Costco and their customer service is truly breathtaking. I mean, all I can do is laugh. Except it's not very funny as Costco ALSO put a "pre-authorization" on my account for that money when I made the order. It's going to take 5 to 10 business days for that charge to drop off my BANK ACCOUNT. I called the bank to ask. So in the meantime I've got over $1000.00 tied up for days and days that I cannot use and cannot buy a different bed from a different company so I have to sleep on the hard floor until then.

Thanks COSTCO, you seriously ignorant troglodytes! I wonder if UPS knows that COSTCO doesn't deliver large items to them? If not, they sure should because UPS is missing out on a lot of business from COSTCO. Why is COSTCO so ignorant that they don't even know that UPS like ANY other mail type company, accepts FREIGHT SHIPMENTS? I really want an answer to that as I lay down to sleep on my hard floor with over $1000.00 in my bank that I cannot access to buy a bed tonight. Absolutely disgusted with COSTCO and will never shop there again. And I will be sure to tell all my friends and family the same thing. The ones I have told so far are completely stunned.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Ordered a coat for my wife five days ago. Just received an email confirming shipping details yesterday. It included an incorrect shipping address. Contacted customer service by phone to correct their error. Over thirty minutes on hold while they tried to track the shipment. Then I was told I would have to go online and reorder the coat to receive the item. No apologies for their error, no offer to overnight the item to compensate for the inconvenience, NOTHING!!! Needless to say, I have not reordered and will never purchase from their online service again ever!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Human drugs are exempt from sales tax. However Costco has the nasty little habit of socking a sales tax to you if the human drug your vet prescribed is going to be used on a pet. You see in the tax law there is no mention of pet drugs being exempt so that gives Costco an opportunity to get some more cash out of you. Is it wrong? Yes it is. CVS for instance never charges a sales tax on human drugs that you might happen to be giving to your pet. Costco is either misguided in their interpretation of the law or they are gouging the public.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I was in Costco at Apex location on OCT 13. ** from AT&T (sales rep) approached and offered me a connection with some discounted prices. She answered all my questions and we agreed to signup for AT&T internet. However she mentioned they going to do a soft check on my credit which I agreed to. But later, I realise they hit my credit twice with 2 hard hits. I am not sure why they miscommunicated to me. The sales rep clearly told me that it will be soft hit. I took this matter to the manager (**) in store and he said will reach out to me in 2 days. It's been a week and I did not hear anything from him. I called him multiple times but no answer. I need your help. Why the sales rep gave all false information and hit my credit, this is a serious concern. We trust Costco but this kind of incidents are really annoying.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

On October 19th 2018 I had a bad experience with Costco Tire Center in Covington, WA. About a month earlier I bought a set of tires from that business. On the 19th they told me that one tire had low pressure. Afterwards to confirm what they said, I checked the pressure and the tire had a nail in it. I marked the spot, and being loyal to Costco, I took the tire out of the van to make their jobs a little easier. When I went over there I was surprised to find the 3/4 bay door available. I thought it was great timing and that they were going to do the job quick. I dropped off the tire and a staff member told me to come inside and do some paperwork. After standing in a line for 10 minutes finishing up my paperwork. A salesman checked the bay doors and after confirming that the 3 were open he said, "We'll call you".

After about half an hour later I came back to find the tire in the same place. So I went to another store to buy some other stuff. I came back after an hour, and the tire was in the same place. I asked the Tire Center Manager how long I was to wait for one tire. Then he asked if I had an appointment because they served those first. I said no because I didn't plan to catch a nail in my tire. He then checked my paperwork and confirmed it had been an hour and ten minutes since I dropped off the tire. He said I had to wait another couple of hours. So I went home, and after three hours since I dropped off the tire. I returned to Costco. The tire was still not done. I talked to the same first staff member. I said Les Schwab fixes tires for free in a max 31 minutes. He said that if you are a Costco customer they don't offer tire repairs for free. I said because you are the biggest competitor for them.

Finally in 3 hours and 10 minutes the tire was fixed. Then to top it off I said I don't want to be a customer of Costco Tire Center and he said "Don't worry, we have plenty of customers". By the way if you think that Costco is the cheapest and best, you are wrong. In the beginning of the same week, I had a similar experience with my daughter's car. She had a nail in a non-reparable spot, so I went to Costco to find a new tire, but they didn't have the same brand of tires on her car. Then a staff member told me that I had to buy 2 tires because it has to be the same brand for same performance. They offered 460$ for 2 tires. So I went to Discount Tires and they told me 150$ for 1 tire for same brand. I purchased that tire and they changed it in 10 min. Those guys deserve 5 stars for customer service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Filed complaint with Costco as I found big paper clip in spinach box in June 2018. No action taken from Costco and no proper response from their managers from Kirkland wholesale location when I went to store and followed up with them. Really disappointed and surprised with no action taken on product quality and no response even after filing complaint. I felt like that they don't want to worry to focus on product quality as they are big company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This process began in June - My husband received an award from employer - where the employer gave Costco cash cards. We were in the market for a new refrigerator - Retailmenot.com had a coupon for $250 off refrigerator - must be bought in store. Went to the store where after waiting for over 30 mins employee got a manager, who told me he never seen the coupon. Would have to research. I agreed to email copy of coupon to him for reference - Both the manager and I were going on vacation so agree to communicate upon return.

I received an email from the local store manager which indicated the coupon was for a particular model - which was not what the coupon noted. I replied to the email with this information providing the info on the refrigerator that I wanted (cost $2599.99) to see if manager would honor coupon and how would I proceed. Although I emailed several additional times - no response. Fast forward to Sept - found another refrigerator made the purchase online. 2 days went by. Did not receive an email confirmation. Called customer service. Was told refrigerator was ordered and should received something shortly. Waited another week still nothing.

Called again was told the refrigerator on order delivery would be between 10/26 -10/31 - I informed we were moving into the home on 10/11. That wouldn't work. I requested to while online find another refrigerator that I could replace, was told no. This order would be canceled and money would be put back onto the cash cards and I would have to start a new purchase. I was not inclined to have to pay more $$$ when I could not get the money back from my gift cards. Move to present day. It has been almost a month and I still cannot get the money put back onto the cards. Each time I call I get a new reason why the money has not been refunded. We have been Costco customers for years and this has been the WORSE. I was upset about not getting the refrigerator (that I wanted in June) but things happen so I moved on. Now I can't get the $$$ back and the customer service folks that I talk to adjust their answer each time. Disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I tried to have a chat at Costco.com for the past two days. For the past 3 days it did not connect to chat server. I have tried calling customer service number. It keeps redirecting you to another recording. In short I could not connect to customer service using online chat, or, telephone, or email. They avoiding customers.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

On 09/01/18 I purchased regular gas at the Myrtle Beach location. I don't drive my car everyday so a full tank of gas will last me a week and a half maybe 2 weeks. Saturday 09/08/18 I was driving down to the Myrtle Beach mall when my car started smoking really bad. I had to pull over and called for a tow to my mechanic.They had my car Saturday afternoon till Tuesday. Monday they couldn't figure out the problem with my car. Tuesday they decided to test my gas. Kerosene was in my tank.

Now I have my receipt for the gas I purchased and Costco has cameras at the gas station. I filed a complaint with Costco to take care of the bill but they refused stating that no other complaints were filed with them so it couldn't have been their location. Now how am I suppose to know if other complaints were filed??? They don't make that information available to the public. Plus don't try to leave a negative review on their site. I received an email from them stating that they would not be posting my comments. I am out money for my tow and 2 days worth of work my mechanic did. I will be cancelling my membership with them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Bought a refrigerator. Everything went smooth. Notified it would be delivered in one week. Then get email that it would be delayed one week. Finally get a message from delivery service to contact them. They informed me it would be an additional week and a half. I called, on hold 52 minutes. Finally a very nice CSR who tried to call the delivery service but they were closed. Went to online chat and got complete runaround. Price was same as Home Depot but thought I’d give Costco a chance. No more. They do not provide quality customer service.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I accompanied my two young children to one of the food tasting booths when we were in the store recently. When we walked up, there was one item on the tray in a small cup. The older woman working didn't say anything to us, until my daughter picked up the cup and then sat it down and started telling her younger brother that she would allow him to have the food until the next one was ready. As she was mid-sentence, the woman working the booth very rudely said, 'she picked it up... She has to take it now... She can't put it back down!' I was taken aback as to how rudely she spoke, whether it was to me OR to my children. My children were very taken aback as well. Further, she heard just as well as I did exactly what my daughter had said. At this time, I gave my son the cup that my daughter had just placed down and abruptly reiterated to the woman what my daughter had said.

I also told the woman that, if it was such a big issue, she could easily have thrown away the cup with the tiny amount of food in it. I was then further shocked that this woman gave me the nastiest and rudest look after I spoke to her. This is the second time this type of situation has happened to me and my children at this particular store in Lenexa. This is beyond disappointing and completely unacceptable; especially when children are involved. There is no reason why this type of treatment should EVER occur to a customer, again especially children. If Costco continues to employ individuals that treat people with such disrespect, they will quickly lose their customer base.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I am totally disabled and require a scooter to get around a large store like Costco. Several times while using a scooter at Costco, the battery would suddenly fail and I would be left helplessly stranded with no assistance in sight. The other day at Costco it happened again when the scooter's battery just suddenly died on me. I waited and waited hoping to see a Costco employee who I could ask for help but there was none. Costco should have a distress light or flag on its scooters that can be raised when scooters die in its large store.

Another customer was gracious and helpful enough to push me on my scooter out to the area where Costco keeps scooters. His kind help reminded me of the time when I was at the VA Medical Center having a rough time trying to work a wheelchair down a long hallway. A young man came up from behind and just started pushing my wheelchair to the department I needed to go to. Someone in Costco management came out to where the scooters were kept but he showed no concern for me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Several weeks ago I bought the Kirkland Maintenance Cat food in the purple bag. I immediately noticed a difference in the smell of the kibble. Calling the number on the bag, Diamond Pet Foods manufactures all of the food for Costco. I was informed they did change the formula, but shouldn't be noticeable to cats. Well, if it's noticeable to me, it's noticeable to the cats. It smells horrible!! I will no longer be buying this food and wanted to alert others to call the number on the bag and voice your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This (Costco Citicard) card is so annoying. They offer additional percentage for gasoline purchases but then call, text, and email after EVERY PURCHASE OF GASOLINE FOR VERIFICATION... So annoying that you stop buying gasoline on the card! Their way around honoring what they advertise!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I go online and order an appliance package from Costco and design my whole kitchen around it. They tell me that it's going to take 2 weeks max for the appliances to be delivered. After 2 weeks I go online to check my order and their computer system says that I received the appliances. That was totally wrong. I called them and the person tells me that the order was canceled. Then she figures out that was wrong and tells me that the order was postponed another 3 weeks. This puts me out of my house for 3 weeks. They weren't willing to work with me in any way. They didn't even say sorry. Don't order from Costco. Their online service sucks. They don't even deserve the one star that I gave them. If I had an option to give 0 stars I would have definitely done that. I've been an executive member of Costco for 20 years. Where is the customer service?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I waited more than 3 months to complete delivery of my appliances (Whirlpool refrigerator, gas range, hooded microwave, and dishwasher). The delivery service company J. B. Hunt and Whirlpool Corporation themselves that service Costco.com are a complete nightmare. I will never buy anything that has to be delivered by J.B. Hunt at Costco. The Costco free installation was also troublesome. The dishwasher was not installed because they did not have a very common connecting brass fitting "on their truck." I offered to quickly go to a very nearby hardware store and they said they could not wait more than a few minutes. Just one example of several problems with J.B. Hunt. In the end, after these experiences the enthusiasm in having all new appliances was totally destroyed with anger and agitation when I think back of my experiences with ordering through Costco.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered a phone through Costco, they took the money from my account, then cancelled the order and did not refund the money! Last time I will ever use Costco online and I highly encourage others to do so. A couple of years ago I tried ordering a washer and dryer from Costco online. After placing the order they put in big letters to allow 30 days before calling and asking where your order is, so I waited 30 days and no washer or dryer yet so I called, they told me there was a billing issue and the order did not go through but no email, no phone call, nothing! They did not send or say anything to let me know there was an issue with the order and I went a whole month without a washer and dryer. WIth them running their business like this it shows their apathy and joy in ripping people off.

Original review: July 7, 2018

No customer service from, Roberta/supervisor in outskirts of Seattle. Did not use membership much as one person and not well... Would not extend membership when not well and unable to shop often as not near Costco and many medical issues! Did not ask for money back but an extension as she said I spent approx 1000 dollars there... not enough to make it worthwhile for me. That is not much for a year for groceries even as one person household. Not understanding or people of their word!!!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I first have to write. I am not a shopper and do not like big stores. Normally I know exactly what I need. If I can not find an item, I don't hesitate to ask for help. I never go to a store with expectations on the time it will take me to shop. Things happen... I usually do not get frustrated in a store... because things happen, and if I don't have much time I just don't go shopping because again... things happen. So this is a warning to others who don't like shopping. Don't even try Costco, you will be disappointed. With that written... I received a membership as a birthday gift, and I was actually, looking forward to shopping at Costco. I looked online and I knew what I wanted before I got there. However I did plan on looking around the store. I had all day to shop if I wanted.

The service desk was very friendly, but continued 3 more times, after I told her, "No thank you," to try and get me to sign up for an executive membership and the Visa card. I guess she didn't want to take no for answer. Her pitch for this took 10 minutes. That was my first turn off. The store itself was very clean, not sure if there was any organization of items or not, because, there were no department signs and when I asked someone for help, to find a couple items, they couldn't tell me exactly where the items were. I never did find one of them, (reading glasses) and I wasn't going to look anymore. I was then told by one employee that some items are moved around so they really didn't know where the reading glasses were. They had cheese on sale but the sign read the 32 oz. packages were on sale.

All the packages there were 44 oz. I went to the lady giving the free samples and asked her about this, she told me she didn't really know and I would have to ask up front. So I then asked another person and the response "I don't have a clue". I saw a cooler on wheels but there was no price on it, and the person there did not know how much it was, so he had to look it up. That took 5 minutes. Response from the guy was, the price was not on the cooler, because it was on sale??! That doesn't make sense to me, but whatever!!! I found another item I had on my list, I saw this item on sale in the magazine my friend had, but the sale price was listed, so I waited to ask the employee that was helping another customer in that department. He did not have a scanner to scan the item, he could not find the item in his tablet and told me I had to ask up front.

I then bought some shorts and sandals, looked around and went to check out. That was a nightmare. The line was very long and only 4 lanes were opened. The check out girl rang up the items, I asked about the cheese, (it did ring up on for the sale price listed) and my other item: she had to call another person for help. The guy in line behind me told the girl, the item was in the magazine, it was on sale and he vouched for that. Now I am holding up the line... which is very annoying for everyone. I had to follow the guy to a desk in a different area so he could search for it. I told him, the item was in the Costco Connection magazine that had a picture of a black Lab on the front. While the guy was trying to find the item, I told him this was my first trip to Costco and I was not impressed. I told him my experience and how I was disappointed.

He must have felt bad as he quit looking for the item I had and let me buy it for the sale price I saw in the magazine. In hindsight, I should have taken a picture of the item before I went to the store (didn't think I would need to do that). That's what I get for not following my instinct. I then went to the food area and bought a hot dog. The hot dog was very good! The condiment area was filthy, the soda area was very wet, puddles of water and pop dripping on the floor, the tables were not very clean. I did not see anyone cleaning this up. I wiped my area where I was sitting with a wipe I carry in my purse. The rest of my trip out the door was smooth but busy, it took about 5 minutes at the door. Total time I spent there... 2 and half hours. I didn't think that was too long, considering everything. I only purchased 6 items, that I could have probably purchased at another store in 30 minutes.

Costco should have their employees more informed on the products and a scanner to scan on the spot. I believe the store needs a little more organization with labeled aisles and or signs hanging from ceiling for the each department. I noticed the nuts and trail mixes are not even close to the dry goods area. I didn't even see where the bulk the candy was. Most of the employees are friendly but not very helpful. I will have second thoughts about going there again. I don't want to go someplace shopping, where, I have anxiety, before I get there. This is not the store for me to shop. I do not recommend getting a membership, go with someone first, that has membership.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I bought this Samsung 60'' Smart TV #un60j20daf in March 2016. It went black June 2018. I was lead to believe I had a 2 year warranty with Costco and 1 year with Samsung but they said 1 year Samsung 2nd year Costco. Paid a 1000 for TV. Now they want 1,437.55 to repair it without even looking at it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Costco always has in stock what are in their sales flyer. Employees are always helpful and never a problem to return items too. I love using my Citi card for travel, gas and in-store purchases.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Home Depot had to purchase an item online - had no clue when it was going to arrive. Best Buy is a nightmare these days; prices way too high. Costco not so bad but few choices.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Costco does an exceptional job in merchandising and customer service. Their products are always top quality and reasonably priced as well. If for any reason you need to return an item, they are always helpful and make the process easy. The only complaint I have is that the lines to check out are usually long at certain times of day. The gasoline prices are continually a bargain.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Costco has been my primary supermarket for many years. The quality of the food is excellent and, over the last few years, Costco has added more organic options. The cost, compared to traditional grocery stores, is always better at Costco, and easily compensates for the membership fee. Although I can't always get what I need at Costco because the selection is somewhat limited, I highly recommend Costco, even if it means I occasionally need to go to a traditional grocery store. I also wish Costco carried more choices for cat food and litter.

I have also used Costco's extended services. I bought a new garage door with Costco and saved several hundred dollars. Costco works with local companies for these services - like new cars, flooring, bathtub makeovers, window blinds, etc. Costco arranges the price with the local company and it's the local company who does the work. Simple and painless. Give Costco a try. If you don't like it they'll refund the cost of your membership in full, no questions asked.

Costco Company Information