3.7/5 (694 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Very fast to order. Glasses arrived one week later. Fit fine. Lenses are clear and sharp. The frames are lite and look great. They are Oakley, so are modern in style. Look like sunglass frames. The staff were very helpful.

Original review: July 5, 2021

GE JS645FL5DS Range is perfect. Simmering without boiling works well for making bone broth (overnight). Range heats quickly to correct temperature. Easy to clean cook top. We have used it daily for 3 months with no issues. Previously had Samsung Gas range that was awful. Ordered online through Costco. Super easy order and delivery/ installation! Matte black has a nice look that goes well with our other stainless steel appliances.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I've been dealing with the Hearing Dept. at Costco in Brighton MI for 15 years. I just picked up my new hearing aids after having lost my last set. Made it through COVID with the face masks for well over a year. Trust me that masks and behind the ear hearing aids don't mix well - the mask wins. Went to dinner a few weeks ago and came away with lost hearing aids. Costco's Kirkland top of the line is not only top quality but super reasonable. The fact that they insure a lost set for folks like me is a huge plus. I called. They ordered the replacement set and I can again hear. On top of that, the service is always first rate. Friendly, professional and always fast and efficient. Costco's Hearing Service in Brighton is 5 Star Plus.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I went to the Ancaster Hamilton store a day before the lockdown on Thursday April 8th 2021. I am disabled in a wheelchair. When I got there I was ready to wait in the long lineup as it was a beautiful day out, as I approached the lineup one of the workers from Costco came out and asked me to go to the front of the line and they would let me in. So I went ahead of other people as I didn’t know if there was a purpose for this as I could have waited in line like everyone else. When getting in to the building I noticed that there was no carts for wheelchairs so my sister went and got a regular one, as I have pushed them before.

Again one of the ladies came to me and replied “hold on” we will get someone to help you. That’s what she did, she got a gentleman worker to push the cart so that my sister could push me. I have to thank the Costco workers from Ancaster, from the bottom of my heart in helping me get in and out in 45 minutes as I have a suppressed immune system. With Covid 19 going on you can never be too sure. Thank you and stay safe Costco, you are the best.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Three things that gets me with walking in tub is you are a prisoner of tub until it is entry and it takes forever to fill up so you sit in tub a long time. You also need large water heater or you will run out of hot water before full.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Called Customer Service Line (800-774-2678) to report/resolve paying twice for membership renewal. I had to walk the agent through my account transactions even though she kept putting me on long holds to review what was in my account record summary. The agent couldn't (or didn't know how) verify both my banking transactions to Costco (1 on-line, 1 at in-person-checkout) and ultimately told me that I would to drive to Costco, stand in line at Customer Service counter, and dispute my double-payment issue with a warehouse person. Unbelievable service incompetence with this store.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

COSTCO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF SENIORS OR THE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED. E-mail sent by me to Costco: I am disabled and I am immunocompromised. I wrote yesterday to express my concerns with an upcoming appliance delivery through Metro to Home. I requested that for my safety the delivery personnel be fully vaccinated. Metro to Home refused to comply and Costco refused to take responsibility. Costco has the absolute power to demand that subcontractors ask their employees their vaccination status, and if refused, find another company who is willing to respect the health and safety of Costco's customers.

And it is their LEGAL DUTY TO ACCOMMODATE the disabled and immunocompromised. I was not accommodated. Someone from Costco phoned me that afternoon to discuss the situation. She spouted a number of platitudes and mentioned more than once that Costco closely follows the recommendations of Health Canada. I disagree. One of the two gentlemen delivering my dishwasher was wearing a single cloth mask. Dr. Tam, Canada's chief public health officer, advises against cloth face masks in the face of the new omicron variant, "Tam said it is time to ditch the cloth masks. They are not going to protect you against Omicron." **... Dr. Juni, Ontario's science advisory table, agrees.

I am not writing for the purpose of getting the delivery people in trouble. They were respectful and donned two medical masks each that I provided. I blame Metro to Home for not providing these young men proper protection, for their safety and mine. And I blame Costco, who thinks that by subcontracting out deliveries they can wash their hands of any responsibility. Well, they can't. It is absolutely their responsibility to ensure that EVERYONE working in any and all capacity for them is properly trained in covid safety and provided with the proper protection for their workers and their customers, especially the most vulnerable ones!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Costco in Orange Park FL damaged my rims while installing tires on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I went inside to ask about the damage I was immediately yelled at by a technician saying they didn't do it and that I was absurd to think they caused any damage. Their insurance was even worse to deal with. Charity was difficult to get a hold of, never answered messages, and was rude every time we spoke. This is THE worst company I have ever dealt with and I will never do business with them or any of their subsidiaries again and I advise everyone else of the same.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

While eating my first of 6 everything bagels I got a piece of plastic that lodged into my gum. Very unpleasant. I sent pictures to the manager. He investigated the bakery and said there is nothing similar in the bakery. Not from here. Sent pictures and the actual piece to the Bakery that supplies Costco with the par-baked bagels. Fiery Foods in Ontario. They said the same. Well it got baked into the bagel somehow!. After a closer look at it it looks very similar to a piece of a plastic from a water bottle lid. I have pictures to compare. I was told by the manager that I could return the remaining bagels for a refund. Wow that's it? As if I would even think of eating the rest of bagels that possibly have more pieces inside them. No compensation for bringing this to their attention. Has anyone else found plastic in their bagels from Costco?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

On December 8, 2021, I had four new tires installed that I had purchased on line and had delivered to the Costco Peachtree City, Ga store. These were for an older classic car that wasn't quite roadworthy yet, so I brought only the wheels to have the tires mounted and balanced. They completed the service and put them in the back of my truck. When I got home, I noticed that the weights were 'stick-ons' and not the 'tap on' leaded ones. So far, no problem.

Five days later, I roll them out to install them on my car and "Whaaat?" ...the weights on three of the tires were laying on the ground! I returned to the store, and after some 'warm' discussion, they agreed to redo the balancing and install the tap-on weights. My advice to you is "DOUBLE CHECK YOUR TIRES WHEN YOU LEAVE THE STORE" and frequently after that. Stick-on weights seem a cheap and quick way to get you out of the store.

Costco Company Information