3.8/5 (488 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I really thought better of Costco and when I saw we had to wait 4 weeks for delivery of a washer and dryer, I accepted it. Finally the day is tomorrow, Tue Oct 4 and we got a call this morning confirming. Good I rest easy. Then just now at 6pm I get a text saying "confirmed for Friday Oct 7". WHAT??? I call the number... no answer of course and I leave a message. Scramble to find my Costco order confirmation and call that number. First agent, puts me on a hold to figure it out and then 10 min later never comes back but another agent does. "The delivery didn't come in Saturday as it was supposed to so it's now Friday" THEN WHY ARE YOU JUST NOW TELLING ME?? Since I will be out of town and no one else will be here Friday, guess what: next available is in another 2 weeks. WHAT A JOKE! order elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

COSTCO promote Or sale LENNOX product and installation by its dealers with 10-15% of rebate but customers are end up with poor workmanship of installer/dealer of products. Executive customer assume the COSTCO quality for the big ticket purchase but its an illusion. Poor quality/workmanship cause hardship and more money than % of rebate offered by COSTCO. There is no way you may complaint COSTCO for their did to customer and same time installer exploit you to keep paying for getting things work. It clearly a case of COSTCO earn from dealer and sold customer to suffer with bad product/workmanship.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Do Not Buy LG TV. We bought LG75UM8070 $1100.00 TV, 10 months after, the 2-year Costco warranty was up. Backlights went bad. It is a known problem with LG TVs. Contacted LG, they said, "Out of warranty, sorry."

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I wanted to amend my last review of Vizio technical support. After many days of going over and over the same instructions to get updates I finally have a working television. My frustration was not mine alone as many Vizio customers were having the same issue. I wanted to say that the final support I received was excellent and I apologized for my frustrated attitude. Had my television not worked after their "once in a million update glitch" the possibility of replacing my television would have been done. Thanks T.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Why would Costco charge customers for membership in advance to purchase from Costco? All the groceries business don’t charge customer to buy from their business or taking customers' money in advance for membership, it’s like you want to buy from my business (Costco) you have to have a membership and you pay your money in advance. That’s ridiculous people. Wake up. Costco it’s not cheaper than other groceries business and the quality of Costco products it’s very cheap. People are going for the name not the quality of the products. Since the pandemic Costco has increased each items in his warehouse. $4-10 in foods. That’s not counting the rest of the products, so where are the people saving? Paying in advance for membership, which we can have a free Credit Card and collect points as Costco’s points, many Banks offering credit card on purchase you receive points.

I will not recommend Costco to anyone. Charging customers for membership in advance taking customers' money and not providing anything in advance to the customer this is unethical. Would Costco allow people to go shopping without membership? Of course not. Why would Costco charging people in advance to go shopping?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

A good company that cannot resolve problems of their own Costco has always been a company that I shop and love to respect but until recently back in May 2022, I purchased a 75 inch LG TV that was delivered to my door. Upon installing it myself, I have discovered the screen was chipped and the screen was damaged. The very next day I contacted Costco Customer Service and they said they will deliver a new one to me. However, it takes 2.5 weeks before my new TV was delivered. But then, the second New LG TV was also chipped and damaged. Both 75 inch piece of junk were sitting in my home for nearly a month, until I decided to call a junk collectable company to collect it. I have proof and photos of the damages on both TV and it costed extra me CAD$400 from my own pocket to pay the disposal company to get rid of the junks.

Now in September 2022, Costco call me and requires me to pay for the two TV since they weren’t been collected by Costco. I am saddened about this news and the effort that Costco is trying to bully their customer and squeeze every penny from innocents as this is not the customer’s fault. I am trying to seek to take immediate legal action for a team of people to follow up for an error a big company causing me distress to my health. A big company like Costco bullying innocent buyers and harassing their customers. This is very bad and not respecting their customer.

In my past experience, a company should never fight with their customer. In the end, the business bureau will eventually get involve and will for sure damage the reputation of a big company like Costco. Costco should be smart enough not to harass their customer for a payback if there is significant evidence that the damaged was entire caused by their quality control team or the delivery team. A lawsuit should always result in favour of the customer not the company. If Costco continues to harass and bully me and my family, I will escalate this entire situation. Damaging a brand on social media is much easier than filing a lawsuit. It will do no good to a big company like Costco and it will Only result in financial loss to the brand.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I quoted their preferred auto insurance provider and got a 40% higher quote than Progressive, Geico and National (Allstate). You should double check these people because they are making you look bad. Are you only in it for the money or do you want to keep your good name?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Went to Costco for 4 new tire installation (paid $576.12 for tires, installation, tire disposal and tax). After a few minutes, the technician called and told me there is a problem on my lug nuts and said they need to replace all the lug nuts. I didn't think it is necessary but I agreed just to get it done. I paid extra $39.60 for the lug nuts. When it was done, they handed me the key and was excited to see what the tires look like. To my surprise, it was so messy. Full of white stuff like a kid played white paint on it. Then I noticed one of the wheel emblem is missing and found a broken one inside the car on a Ziploc bag. Lastly, the odometer showing on the invoice is wrong. They put 147808 instead of 174808.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Have you ever ordered an item from Costco online then get an email "sorry your order has been cancelled" with possible reasons like address or credit card? It has taken me 6 months to get Costco to tell me why. The first item was ear buds cancelled in February. My husband blew it off. Then ordered a modem a month later. Cancelled with address or credit card issue inside the email. But we were ordering other items that were being delivered on the same card. So I called OnLine Customer Service. They had no clue. Told them I want a manager. He was clueless. Told me to try again and he would watch it. Called me back. Said he was clueless but would research. Called back and said he researched my account. Said we are blocked from dept 24 appliances. Told him they just installed an LG dishwasher. He told me Loss and Prevention would send me a letter with details.

In June tried to order a microwave. It cancelled. Called and asked for manager which I found they are only supervisors. She looked in my account and said I was blocked from dept 24 Electronics. Said that I have spent a lot but returned half. So I am restricted. I told her they should warn the customers there's a problem instead of canceling orders with no real reason. At the end....She said she sees we spend a lot of money with Costco and appreciate it. Said Loss and Prevention will get ahold of me.

On 7/31 I wanted to buy a water purifier but was not sure if I should order since it could get cancelled. So I sent a letter to Costco's CEO. I got a call from an Escalation Specialist. He said a manager would call me. The next day he called back and said he spoke to Loss and Prevention. I am restricted from 2 depts. I told him that the way they handle Customer service sucks. I should have been contacted 6 months ago and the issue discussed. I told him then if I tried to order something from that dept give me a message indicating restricted dept 24. He was very sorry. I told him I wanted a letter explaining why I'm blocked from their loss and Prevention.

I got an email and boy don't ever push the CEOs buttons. They reviewed my account and decided that I have returned too many items overall and my online account is now closed. I am restricted from buying online. So if you are getting items cancelled from Costco online....call and ask for a manager. You may be blocked because you spend lots of money but don't keep enough online purchases in a specific department.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I signed up online and they apparently changed their process to not cancel memberships online. Huge red flag. I used to love Costco but this experience was a huge turn off. They will never see my dime again.

Costco Company Information