2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.1/5 (1004 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: June 12, 2021

I've been dealing with the Hearing Dept. at Costco in Brighton MI for 15 years. I just picked up my new hearing aids after having lost my last set. Made it through COVID with the face masks for well over a year. Trust me that masks and behind the ear hearing aids don't mix well - the mask wins. Went to dinner a few weeks ago and came away with lost hearing aids. Costco's Kirkland top of the line is not only top quality but super reasonable. The fact that they insure a lost set for folks like me is a huge plus. I called. They ordered the replacement set and I can again hear. On top of that, the service is always first rate. Friendly, professional and always fast and efficient. Costco's Hearing Service in Brighton is 5 Star Plus.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I went to the Ancaster Hamilton store a day before the lockdown on Thursday April 8th 2021. I am disabled in a wheelchair. When I got there I was ready to wait in the long lineup as it was a beautiful day out, as I approached the lineup one of the workers from Costco came out and asked me to go to the front of the line and they would let me in. So I went ahead of other people as I didn’t know if there was a purpose for this as I could have waited in line like everyone else. When getting in to the building I noticed that there was no carts for wheelchairs so my sister went and got a regular one, as I have pushed them before.

Again one of the ladies came to me and replied “hold on” we will get someone to help you. That’s what she did, she got a gentleman worker to push the cart so that my sister could push me. I have to thank the Costco workers from Ancaster, from the bottom of my heart in helping me get in and out in 45 minutes as I have a suppressed immune system. With Covid 19 going on you can never be too sure. Thank you and stay safe Costco, you are the best.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

It’s clean, has products with warranty, low prices, cash back, really good quality, the Costco store also has gasoline near their store with the lowest prices for gasoline and products, and they provided the hand sanitizer at the beginning and every corner of their store, they sell anything from grocery to pharmacy to deli with fresh food that they make in front of you with the lowest price, their cashiers always polite, fast and friendly and they always know what they are doing, in the past 30 years of my grocery the cashier never asked for help. They are trained really well. I go to Costco 3 times a week. I feel comfortable to shop there. Their pharmacy is so fast and knowledgeable that I feel like I am in the hospital. I order my prescription, get my grocery, pick my prescription and leave. Love it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

The vegetables are always fresh. Meats are always top notch. You can find any and all the things you need under one roof. Costco qualities in all of the merchandise is excellent. Customer services that is provided is always professional, helpful and friendly. That's is why I shop there more often than not.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Costco most all times have good quality products in stock if there is a problem there is no problem whatsoever to get a credit. Only problem is that you have to buy in larger quantities that may not be suitable for some people but you could probably share with a friend or neighbour.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I do have an order placed on 05/29/2021 with delivery date as June 7th 2021. But Costco delivery service failed to deliver it even after rescheduling THREE times (June 7th, June 12th, June 16th). I do have a screenshot shows that I had to call customer service (888-803-3459) many times and be on hold for 9+ hours to know what's going on. NO ONE RESOLVED the issue. It's been almost 20 days past my original delivery date. Until this kind of customer treatment I haven't felt that Costco has the WORST customer service and delivery service.

Yesterday I talked to Logistics team agent and she said she escalated my case to SEVEN managers with email and assured that I will get some response. IN this whole process, I have never received a call or email from the driver or customer service on what's going on with delivery or what happened to my order. That's very frustrating. How can Costco provide this kind of Worst experience for Costco members who are with them for 15+ years.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I ordered a Louisiana grill, assembled and delivered from Costco. The hopper box caught on fire and it burnt the box, bubbling the paint. It was not assembled correctly. After hours on hold they agreed to get me another and pick up the old one. When they dropped off the new grill they refused to pick up the old unit even though customer service said they would. I called customer service back and after 90 minutes on hold they told me I could sell it for scrap metal. Then a week later customer service called me, leaving a voice mail, saying to call back for a pick up. I just called and the person who answered after 30 minutes on hold said she wasn't the right person and it would be another 2 hours plus on hold. Never Costco again.

Original review: June 22, 2021

The best things Costco have going for it is proximity & deli items. CSRs in self checkout are snippy & it is ridiculous they do not allow customers to scan their own items with a scan gun; nor do they have a scan and go app. Self checkout CSRs are abrupt & crowd over you at times. It’s really aggravating!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I've been the Costco member many years and that was my first time I ordered furniture online and wow wow wow: they cancelled my orders, nobody even called me, that's fine. I spent hours for waiting to figure out what was a reason: they said the billing address; then after hours being on the phone they verified nothing is wrong with my billing address and suggested to wait when a new order would be processed. Then ... same stuff happened., spending hours on the phone again ...finally no furniture, money is on hold for 5 days, and they suggested to place a new order. Sorry, it is so shame. Representatives even did not try to find a root of the problem. It was my first and last time, no more try.

Original review: June 15, 2021

On February 2021 we purchased a diamond ring at Costco. The price was over $3,000.00 dollars. This was a very big purchase for my boyfriend and I as we celebrated our 15 years together. 4 months later, On June 12, 2021, I went out for the day. I wore my ring and when I got home in the evening, the diamond on my ring was missing! It had fallen off and I don't know where. The diamond was 0.7 karat four prongs holding it. The ring should have had 5 prongs holding it instead of just 4. I'm so sad and disappointed. I took the ring to Costco and they said they will notify me in 8-10 weeks whether or not the diamond will be replaced or if I'm just out of luck!! I hope and pray that they do the right and fair thing.

Costco Company Information