2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I probably spend way too much money in Costco. But knowing how to shop in the store and what to look for, can save you some bucks. I have never bought a bad steak in Costco. When we were traveling with our RV, we had bought a TV for the trailer before we left NJ. On our way south, I managed to drop it and the screen became a puzzle piece. Couldn't see it until you turned it on. I brought it back to Costco to a store located in the south. I told the truth and and advised that it was my fault. After counter sales spoke with the manager, they gave me a new TV. Costco is my store for life! Their stores are always clean and employees are always helpful. Need more stores south though. Moving to Alabama this summer!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I donate to a Youngmen's home and am in Costco at least 4 days a week. I always look for savings and products these youngmen will enjoy. I am always pleased by the selections offered by Costco. Each month a coupon book is mailed out that offers selected items at a an additionial discounted price. This is great for me as I look for all savings possible. There are always a great deal of items in the Costco coupon book that I am able to purchase for this home at an additional savings to me. This is by far my favorite place to shop!!! I love donating to this youngmen's home and the more I can save the more I am able to donate. I have now been donating to this youngmen's home for 3 1/2 years. I love being able to provide some of the small pleasures enjoyed by the youngmen residing at this home.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

A couple thoughts I have: Add more checkouts. Stores are very good about staffing the register but more registers are needed in every store I have been in. Give customers the option of self check outs. I’m single and also maintain a Sams Club membership due to the fact that some of the quantities you have to buy are too much for a single person. An example is the fresh fruits and vegetables. You carry an item for 6 months or so. We grow to love it and then it’s gone. Never to be seen again. Maybe you could move items to online sales after you take them out of stores. Acai berry yogurt is good but why did you remove the chocolate? Buy larger dispensing machines so you can bring back the chocolate yogurt at the lunch counter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I was introduced to this company by a friend. I visited this store a few times with her before I became a member. I was intrigued by the many unique items I saw in that store. The store is huge and has a large range of items being sold. The many things they sell changes between visits and some of the items are totally new to me. I've enjoyed the incredible variety of food this store has. Some of the food items have been new to me. They have people giving out samples of food or drinks. Some food I've purchased just to try something new. I've purchased clothing from the store that were sold at a price I could afford. I enjoy taking time to browse the store to look at the flowers, food, furniture, dishes, rugs, towels, clothing, books and a lot more.

I bought some sheets for my bed. They were very different from the cotton sheets I had previously used. I really liked the new sheets better. They were more comfortable. There's also a large area near the pharmacy where there are all kinds of supplements, skin care products and other health and body care products. They often have new things for sale in the store. A good reason to browse. It's rare when I want to return something but when I have there's been no problem with the process. The checkout process takes a reasonable amount of time and often goes pretty fast. The items purchased are put in boxes. That makes easier to get the items to and in the car. There's a discount on the gasoline sold near the stores. There are also parts and such that are discounted.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Costco has been my 'go to' store for many years now. I'd be happy if I could live it in. :) They have such an enormous amount of products from groceries, jewelry, toys, hardware to even furniture. Everything I have purchased there has been of great quality. Whoever does the buying for Costco does a great job! Returning items is so easy. Receipts are not even necessary!

Sometimes we go there just to buy a hotdog and pop for $1.50. I don't usually care for weiners, but the ones in these hot dogs are amazing. I don't know anywhere else you can buy a meal for this price. The cakes are so delicious and large for such a reasonable price! All the bake goods are wonderful. Bread prices are a great price as well. I just love this store!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I went to Costco yesterday because I saw some patio lights that had great reviews and of course, needed to join to buy the lights. I was signing up at the membership desk and the women told me that while the regular membership is $60 I could join the Executive membership, which is $120 and get $60 and she pointed to the credit card machine that I was using. Well, once I joined, you do not get $60 back on your credit card. It's a gift card that comes in the mail, not under Costco. She did warn me that it looks like junk mail and cannot be re-issued if I don't receive it or if it gets tossed. I'm not sure which name it comes under. I guess if you don't receive it, you're out of luck. Anyway, I thought this was pretty misleading and not a great way to start with a new member! I will not be an Executive member in the future, if I decide to re-join.

Original review: July 31, 2020

First of all, Do not buy furniture from Costco online because the quality and color of the items are often different from what shows on Costco website. Costco use a delivery company called Metropolitan warehouse and delivery. The service from this company is a total mess even Costco says it is white glove delivery. Metropolitan holds my furniture in their warehouse for 11 days without scheduling a delivery, then suddenly called and asked me to be at home in 15 minutes to receive the delivery. They then simply did not bother to call or show after I waited for them.

It has been 26 days since my order on 7/6/2020, I still have not got my furniture and I do not know they can deliver the next week. If you want to return, you have to carry the heavy furniture to curbside to be picked up. I believe Costco know the problem with this delivery carrier for quite while and does not appear to do something real to help its customer. I will NOT BUY any furniture from COSTCO ONLINE because of the whole experience particularly with its delivery service is SUPER FRUSTRATING.

Original review: July 29, 2020

They don't back up their special services (i.e. Air Conditioner Installers). I wonder if they even bother to vet them. In any case, don't bother going through Costco for special services, Costco won't back you up if you have a bad experience.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Horrible customer service trying to buy a TV from Costco and thinking of cancelling my membership. I live over an hour away from my nearest Costco but maintain a membership for bimonthly trips. I stopped at the Menomonee Falls Costco yesterday. I did forget my Costco VISA card. As I ate at the restaurant before Costco I logged on my account. I checked my rewards from last year. I saw I had a certificate for $38 available so I asked it be resent. I did and requested resend by e-mail. It hasn't come yet. I did however search my e-mail back months and found the original.

I then went into the store. Reported to customer service as I didn't have my card for entry. Stood in a line a bit and 5 minutes later got a temp cards printed. I asked if they would be able to look up my credit card to pay. He said yes that would be no problem. Honestly I have several store credit cards that I never carry in physical form (Kohl's and Menards are examples) and have never had a problem charging to them for rewards. I then went and picked out the TV. The staff member was knowledgeable and helpful. He emphasized how if I paid with my Costco Card I would also receive additional warranty and "concierge" return service.

I picked out several things other things I needed and took it to the checkout. I handed over the temporary card and asked her to charge the total of $930 to my Costco Card. She told me she couldn't because "Citi" controlled that. I explained I had asked as I came in and she said there was nothing she could do. A supervisor came over and said the same thing. I then asked to use my $38 dollars of rewards. I showed them the original certificate sent to me months ago. She then said I couldn't use that either. Apparently by asking that a new certificate be sent to me by e-mail (which never happened) my previous certificate is now junk. So now I'm out $40 bucks and have to put $930 I was told could go on my costco card on my debit card plus my rewards.

Put aside for a moment the fact that I was told by customer service when I went to the store that they could look up my card and that wasn't true. It should have been true. Store credit has existed in America longer than credit cards. I have never had a problem at any retailer having them look up and verify a credit account at the register. Passing the blame onto "Citi" is lame. If Citi can't provide a system to look up customers' credit accounts at the register then they need to be fired and Costco needs to find a bank that can.

So today I set up the TV. Box is okay and I get everything set up and hooked up. We throw away all the Styrofoam in the box. Turn on the TV and see that the right 10% of the TV isn't working but full of black pixels. There is a spiderweb looking thing that becomes visible when you turn on the TV. It is defective. So I call the Costco Concierge which says clearly on their website that it handles technical support and has a 2 year warranty from date of service. I first wait on hold for literally 55 minutes. When I talk to a representative she tells me that she cannot do a warranty claim because "physical damage isn't covered". I just bought this TV yesterday and it was defective????

She does tell me I may be able to return the TV but I need to talk to the store. I ask to be transferred. She tells me she cannot. I ask for the correct phone number. She tells me she doesn't have that. What kind of customer service tells you that you need to talk to someone else in their organization but can't give you contact information? I tried to get ahold of the store but I got lost in an auto phone number directory and now it is closed.

So at this point I've invested 5 hours of my life and spent six hundred dollars trying to buy a TV from Costco. What I received is a TV that does not display a full image. Instead of helping me I'm told "Warranties don't cover physical damage" and that I now need to carry up the TV, put in the truck and drive another hour plus to Costco hoping that they will accept a return. Horrendous customer service and I don't think anyone should be treated like this. If I go there and the return is not accepted I'm literally going to sue. I'm an attorney and selling a defective product like this and blaming me thereafter is not acceptable nor legal.

Why would anyone continue to shop at Costco when they can buy through Amazon and not deal with this BS? I received a defective product today from Amazon today and had a great response with a partial refund issued sufficient to pay for a replacement within 3 minutes. I hope someone at Costco management is actually listening and cares. I've previously had great experiences here but right now it's very difficult to justify continuing to shop. Message me or reply with any responses. I'm happy to communicate further as to how all this happened.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Citi Visa card through Costco and rewards are used at Costco which is good for me in that I shop at Costco and don't have to find any rewards catalog and pick something I really don't want just to use the rewards.

Costco Company Information