3.9/5 (756 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I purchased a refrigerator from Costco.com in December 2022 for my unit in San Diego, CA. Costco.com called me to coordinate the delivery. Costoco.com coordinator the delivery team will call me half an hour before before the delivery since this is Costco's policy. I received a automatic voice call from Costco logistic team to advise me the delivery time the night before the delivery. I took a day off and drove from LA to San Diego to wait for the delivery. Costco Logistic delivery team didn't call half an hour in advance as per their policy. Costco Logistic delivery did not even show up. Costco Logistic delivery team called me to left me a voicemail to reschedule the delivery. On the second day, I called to reschedule the delivery.

I received an automatic voice call from Costco Logistic team to advise me the delivery time the night before delivery. The delivery time was set between 2:00pm~4:00pm. I took another day off and drove from LA to San Diego again for delivery. However, Costco Logistic delivery team called and left me a voicemail at 7:00pm to tell me they might be able to delivery the unit around 8:00pm. I made a U-Turn to drive back the San Diego. However, Costco Logistic delivery team called me and left me a voicemail at 7:45pm that they were unsuccessfully since no one at home and wanted me to reschedule the delivery. On the second day, I called again to reschedule the deliver in January 2023. Costco Logistic delivery team came by and dropped the unit and left. I have to spend two hours to remove the protection films myself afterwards.

I ordered another two appliances from Costco.com. They were Washer & Dryer. I scheduled the delivery date on 01/25/2023. I received an automate voice phone message on the night before the delivery. I was advised the delivery time would be between 2:00pm to 4:00pm on 01/25/2023. I took a day off and drove all the way from LA to San Diego to wait for the delivery. I stayed inside the unit at all time. No one even comes to the house. Costco Logistic delivery team left a voice message to my phone that I was not available at the house and I need to reschedule the delivery. I called the dispatch center immediately to advise the driver that I was home. However, the dispatch center told me that the delivery team already far away. The dispatch contacted the delivery team to check whether they could return to my location for delivery. The delivery team promised they would return to my area before 6:00pm for delivery.

I waited until 9:00pm on 01/25/2023 and I gave up and drove me. I totally lost 5 days of work and patiently for the delivery. Costco Logistic delivery team continuously gave the untruth statement and skipped the delivery. This is completely unacceptable. I lost all confident to Costco.com and their delivery team. How can I continue to purchase appliances from Costco.com with all of these issues? How can I trust Costco anymore? This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable to waste their customer's time and money so that Costco can gain their profits.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

After a long outing with the family and completing over 300$ in groceries I realized I forgot my Costco card and somehow I forgot all my I.D. at HOME in another pants, unabe to purchase much-needed groceries! I shamefully asked the patron in front of me if she could let me be a guest on her card only to be denied. Thankfully the supervisor Tamara at Costco in Etobicoke saw what was happening and was able to get me a temporary card with the help of Novolette. They were both exceptionally pleasant and professional even keeping my wife and baby entertained while I made them wait for me to sort out my own mess.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I ordered a computer on Black Friday through Costco.com. A week later I received the shipping box EMPTY. No computer in the box. I immediately called customer service. They explained to me that the situation would have to be “investigated” and that I would receive the next steps as to what I needed to do in 24 to 48 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I was so upset that I was out $1200 with nothing to show for it knowing very well that nobody cares that I didn’t receive my computer. The supervisor told me that I needed to file a police report in order to expedite my refund even though the shipping box had no evidence of tampering. I was treated suspiciously on the phone by the supervisor and I was outraged.

It has now been over a week and I still have not heard from anybody from Costco. I am completely in the dark. All I keep getting are standardize emails telling me that they are taking longer than normal to respond to emails. I have learned my lesson that I will NEVER order another thing through Costco online. They have lost my trust completely. I should’ve just gone to the Apple store. I would’ve received way better treatment through their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I purchased a washer and drier combo, not even the one we wanted but that one was on backorder. So we purchased this one. I stated delivery date of December 10th, today is that day and nothing so I called after a few minutes they came back and said, "Sorry. Backed ordered. It will be ready for delivery January 30th." I explained all above to them and never received an email or call telling me of the delay so I'm at home waiting for my washer and drier. They said it can be cancelled but I explained about the Black Friday specials and this does nothing for the situation unless they are willing to honor the same discount but they said no. I order plenty from Costco and usually all is good but now on an item that is needed they dropped the ball. Cautionary tale, don't trust anything, call on everything especially Costco as they show to have poor follow through or followup.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I learned my lesson to not buy appliances from Costco. I purchased a dishwasher from Costco on 11/24. I was given a delivery date on 12/1 and install on 12/2. Delivery was 7 hours after time I was given with zero notice. Install company notified me morning of scheduled day that the installation date was being delayed one week due to a high number of orders. I called their customer service line and was offered $50 or I needed to find a plumber to complete the install. I had to make a decision on the spot and they didn't care about the lost time and inconvenience of me having to hire my own plumber to complete the install. Again, installation was to be included in the price. I was treated like a number and not a member! Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

First off, I love my Costco Warehouse and this review is of my experience in Edmonton with purchase of countertops. They use 3rd party contractors and in my case FloForm countertops, who are the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. I have a quote with an itemized list without prices and just a total at the bottom, and my Costco contract is a carbonized form with out to date contact info and a summary of what is being done and a total amount. Had a very hard time tracking down someone to talk to at Costco Installation as I called their phone number and was told that my concerns would be passed to a manager and they would get back to me, but no one ever did.

I ended up going to my local warehouse and the Manager there was very helpful and contacted someone on my behalf. I went to various stone places and received quotes and had Costco come for a consult. I chose Costco as I love Costco and my past experience in buying large items has always been positive, however I learned that their installation services are a different beast. First they charge full price upfront. This takes away a consumer's power as once they have your money you have no leverage if things go south, and they did.

Floform's professional consultant came and we discussed what I wanted done and I showed her photos of what I was looking for. She talked me out of the glass tiles I wanted for a backsplash in the kitchen and suggested a more trendy style. She came with small samples and did not advise that there would be a possibility of large black areas in the quartz which are very prevalent and it doesn't look anything like what I chose and it looks terrible. There were so many issues with this job, ugly quartz, they measured wrong so countertop in kitchen did not fit, then was told couldn't get anymore and I had to pick a new pattern. I researched and found it was only out of stock but they did not advise this but told me it was discontinued. Then they wanted to use remnants as they had pieces so I would have had seams, NO.

This company upsells you the highest prices item and since they only have an office in Edmonton and their inventory is in Saskatchewan, you can't go look at your slab prior to being profiled so you get what you get and you have no recourse. I paid almost $20,000 for two 30" bathroom countertops, sinks, faucets and small kitchen countertop, backsplash, and faucet, and I hate it all and am now looking at having to replace my bathroom countertop and my backsplash. This company, approved by Costco, does not communicate with its clients, nor internally as I got a different story from each person I spoke to.

It was a very torturous experience, very costly. Granite/quartz is sold by the slab and I was told that since they were a large company it wouldn't be any more costly to do each counter in a different pattern. I paid almost $8000 for kitchen and one bathroom countertop and $2500 for the other bathroom countertop. If I have not trusted my gut and gone with another stone provided, I could have done all three countertops with one slab (from other estimates) for $5000 instead of the $8000 for the slab purchased through Costco.

This was the most difficult experience and I would say that you are better of using someone other than Costco Installation for Countertops in Edmonton. They do offer a $1000 gift card and that draws people in but the customer service is totally lacking and you will have a very unpleasant experience if you use this company. I do not recommend costco installation service and I would stay as far away from floform coutnertops as you possibly can.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

No matter issues big companies never care about small or 1 customer. If anyone has ever had an issue please contact me MORE. Get way farther. I just keep having bad experiences and no one ever cares. They laugh it off.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

On 15 June 2021, my son gave me a 55" Hisense TV which he bought from Costco on that same day and paid for extended guarantee. The TV stopped working on 5 October 2022 and a complaint was filed with Costco (complaint no. **). On a telephone conversation on the 6th of October 2022, Costco promised to sent their technician to check, and he came the following day. He declared that the TV could not be repaired and submitted his report on the same day to Costco. Since then, this is how Costco has been dribbling me:

They gave me an e-mail address to send the receipt which I did. They also promised to send their repairer to look at the TV on 7 October and he came. Three days later when I tried to follow up, this is what they said: "We didn’t receive any complaint from you; your complaint was filed to the wrong place; the TV was wrongly priced etc." They finally said they have not yet heard from the Repairer who was sent here last Friday to check, and promised to contact him and update me in two to three business days. I contacted the Repairer and he confirmed he sent them his report on the same Friday of 7 October!

Four business days later, I was on the phone with Costco for almost two hours only to be told that the TV cannot be repaired. They also said they were discussing reimbursement and after which I will be required to bring the old one with the Credit Card to buy a new one. I was told that someone will reach out to me in the next two to three business days.

Today, 24 October 2022, I stayed on the phone with Costco again for almost two hours only to be told that someone will reach out to me in the next five to ten business days! What a mess? I Last time they had told me of two to three business days. I am beginning to wonder whether they really want to resolve the problem. They just keep shifting the goalpost.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I ordered a dishwasher on-line. The on-line info said I would need a deliery appointment and an installation appointment. I was told I would be contacted by the installation company to set an appointment. The information implied that installation could take place the day of delivery. The dishwasher was delivered this morning, but I had not heard from the installation company (Transmotion Inc.) so I called them. They told me the soonest they could install it was 9 days from now because they "don't have anyone in my area right now." I'm very disappointed with this poor service. We'll have 9 days with a large box blocking the kitchen and no working dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Terrible Experience. Wasted my time. I wanted to order a dishwasher. Costco requests that you purchase a membership in order to place an order which I did. I paid $66. The payment was approved and processed. I then purchased the DW. Was waiting for delivery. I received an email instead telling me that my order was declined. Called... placed on hold for an hour... transferred...on hold for 32 min... agent told me that my billing address does not match the delivery address. Ridiculous. I used the same credit card for the membership which was approved. I called my bank and asked them to approve the amount. Bank said that they have no idea what is Costco's problem. Apparently, the Dishwasher was not in stock and they came up with rubbish. I finally ordered from Kitchenaid. Just wasted my time. This place is for people who have plenty of time to go to the locations. I don't.

Costco Company Information