4.01/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Costco

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Costco Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Just a quick note to toot the horn of the amazing customer service skills that Angela ** and her team at the corporate office have. We hold a purchase order agreement with our local Costco and they were out of a seasonal product we needed for an event just two days away. Angela not only went the extra mile... she went the extra 10 miles to work it out to where the neighboring City Costco would be able to help us out and we could still use our Purchase Order and get the products we needed. Thank you, Angela!!! Customer service is a lost art in our world as of late... but, you and Costco turned that negative thought into a falsehood with your amazing skills!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Costco is the best place to buy groceries. I have bought the finest cuts of meat for special occasions, steaks that can be cut with a fork. But their other meat can be purchased at economy prices, that is still a cut above. Their fruit is right off the trees, fresh picked, colourful and crisp. Baked goods that are a meal in themselves, fresh and sweet, sandwich bread and breakfast treats. Cakes off the shelf or they will make it for you. Sections comprised of cheeses and tortillas, hams and fish. And all of this while eating and drinking free samples. Costco groceries can't be beat. And that is only the food section, they have a section for day goods of all kinds, books and jewellery, household goods and toys. See you there.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been enjoying my Costco experience so far. Most employees have been rather polite to be around. Except for a couple deli employees that decided to talk in unprofessional street slang with a dab of cussing using suburban slang to insult half of the people they called friends. Otherwise I have found most workers to be pleasant and professional.

I enjoy purchasing items in bulk sizes. This has really cut down on my grocery bill because I'm not purchasing these items as much at a traditional grocery store. Kirkland brand is hit or miss on quality compared to other stores. They don't sell everything and their prices are not all that great. Could you please give us a genetic store map of where items are? I'm learning the stores by wandering up and down each aisle until I stumble across what I need. I'd like to purchase more but often can't find it. I cannot get out of Costco for less than $200 even if I budget my self to 6-10 items. They rotate product so much it's difficult to find it.

Produce is excellent. The only downside is you have to purchase a large amount of it and it all ripens at once. You have 2-3 days to scarf it down or toss it out. Otherwise their product quality is fairly decent. Despite the massive crowds I found I tend to wait no less than five minutes in line. Some cashiers slow down and allow the customer to pay at their own pace. While others speed you through. Once I couldn't finish writing the check before I realized I was heading out the door.

Parking lot in the Tukwila, WA location is a terrible design. You have panhandlers and homeless at every in/out entrance. Drivers forget to yield to pedestrians and forget to look for them when they drive. Drivers often do more than the 10 mph limit for a parking lot. Could we please have more stop signs and speed bumps to slow these inconsiderate driers down?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Costco is the best place to shop for great deals. Always offers quality products at reasonable prices. Easy return policy. Great selection of items in all departments. Love the food demos, as it gives us a chance to taste the item before purchasing it. Especially when they add new food products. Can't beat the prices nor quality of their roasted chicken in the deli. Best in town. Great pizzas. Lots of delicious foods in their deli. Great food court with reasonable prices. Love that they are adding more organic foods to their grocery line. Great deals on eyewear, eye examines and hearing aids. Best prices on gas and diesel fuels. Plenty of parking spaces. Cannot say enough good things about Costco. Always love my shopping experience at Costco.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been shopping at Costco so long it is hard to remember when I first joined. I will guess it has been about 15 years. I highly recommend buying all things electronic from them due to the return policy of 90 days and cheap extended warranties. Most sellers of electronics will give you a 30 day return policy, maybe, while many give you less. On most other items the return policy is a generous 6 months. What's not to love? I don't need a receipt to return an item since it is all on the computer. So nice! All stores should and can do that. They are just deliberately trying to make you jump through hoops so you don't return things. This is the main reason I shop at Costco. Without the return policies they would just fade into the pack. I hope they understand this? I think they do.

I check prices. Sometimes things can be a bit higher at Costco, but I have never been gouged like at other stores. The price is usually close. I have purchased several TVs from them, 40-65 inch HD and 4Ks. The price is always great and they work. I actually have not had to return any of the three I have recently purchased. I will probably go back and upgrade to a QLED or OLED soon. I do love that high end movie experience. Speaking of high end, I would like them to carry a few more high end items in the furniture department. More traditional and less contemporary sofas.

Their jewelry is okay. The prices are about the same as most retailers are and the styles are too. Nothing special there except the return policy. Many jewelers are 2-4 weeks, or don't take returns at all, and Costco is, as far as I know, 6 months. Not positive there, but still more generous than any other jeweler out there. I love the deals on pajamas and casual clothes too. Many stores sell PJs as separates at $30.00 a piece. Costco gives you a cozy pair at $15-20.

Frozen foods are great. But I would like more organic selections. They have some but more would be nice. More organic meats would be great! Deals on cases of water and pop are also good. I like the large TP and Paper towels they sell, not always the cheapest but convenient. Customer service? That is a weak spot. Even so, they pay employees pretty well and they are nicer than most. You do have to find one first. Compared to other stores with more employees on the floor it is a wash.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I purchased a new executive membership at Costco online last month. The same day I went to my local Costco and obtained my card and completed my first purchase. My wife went in today to get her card on the same account. She was told my account had been closed for unknown reasons. She proceeded to blame Costco.com. Always frustrating when employees make branches of their own company look bad. Odd because the sale was completed in the store. When I called online they continued the same terrible customer service. Rude and condescending. Her response consisted of complaining about different departments at .com and then refusing to transfer to correct department. Worst Service Ever.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

If you buy Kirkland brand Orange juice at Costco and it has a open safety seal can you try to return it, it's their policy to not accept or return for any refund as the customer service said it's their policy, you need both containers to return. You can risk your life because Costco policy is you need both containers even though only one was open. I'm glad my family survived.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Be very careful when buying from Costco.com. They tricked us in buying $6000 appliances by saying they will send us a visa card with %15 of our bundle order as a 4th of July promotion if we use out Costco Visa credit card. We fell for it and now they are rudely tell us that there was no such promotion. After confronting them with print screens a guy from the rewards program said “Maam, we will not send you any card!” We are returning all the products and will go with Home Depot.

Shame on you, Costco and on you “ Customer Service!”

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I came to Costco today #1334 In Bayonne New Jersey with my fiancee after working 14 hours. It's currently 12:50 pm on 9/30/19 and got gas spent. Over an hour here in our local store and after making a purchase of 85 dollars plus 20 dollars gas was finally ready to check out where we were greeted by DEON. I gave my fiancee our card and she was getting ready to withdraw cash 60 dollars but she asked me first not DEON. He was never part of a conversation. But for whatever reason decides to make the decision for my future wife saying he no cash back, press the no cash back button and pulls out the card.

Five levels of disappointment and disrespect but then I confront him and then he says that my fiancee ** did not understand! What you mean dumb** that my wife doesn't understand why you touched and made the decision for our card and money and household like you are the man paying for our stuff. And he had a slick ** attitude. Fire this guy. And manager's response was that he is not supposed to be working the register. Well then why you got him there!?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We bought an LG TV 13 weeks ago and were promised a rebate within 4-6 weeks. We are still waiting despite trying to access online, call center and East Peoria, IL store. Now we must dispute $472.00 rebate on our Citi Card.

Costco Company Information