4.01/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Costco

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Costco Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We bought an LG TV 13 weeks ago and were promised a rebate within 4-6 weeks. We are still waiting despite trying to access online, call center and East Peoria, IL store. Now we must dispute $472.00 rebate on our Citi Card.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

After walking past the dozen or so outside service vendors at Costco for 30 years, I finally succumbed and purchased about $15000 worth of services from Gutter Helmet. The contract had Costco‘s name on it, the brochure had Costco‘s name on it, and the vendor was physically occupying square footage in Costco.. I also received a $1000 rebate from Costco. Yet, when I had a problem with leakage after the installation and contacted both the national and local franchise of Gutter Helmet, I only got a runaround from them. So I decided to contact Costco for help. Imagine my irritation when 3 phone calls all ended with the same response. “We don’t show them as a vendor”. “Sorry we can’t help you.” I could not get anyone I spoke to to admit that Costco has any responsibility for those vendors. Use extreme caution before committing to a purchase since Costco won’t stand behind these vendors, ESPECIALLY GUTTER HELMET!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I ordered a couch on the 15th of June (Breckenridge 2-piece Top Grain Leather Set). It's a $2000 set. Of course online they take money upfront. First time delivery the couch was delivered ripped. Asked for a replaced, second time a different type was sent, asked for a replacement, the 3rd time the one that was sent couldn't get through the main door.

It's been 3 months and the furniture is still not delivered. Meanwhile I was offered to keep the ripped couch as it with a refund of $600, $500, $300, in the same sequence. So it's their problem that they do not deliver and the refund keeps decreasing. On top the customer service is absolutely painful. If you get stuck with someone named John, you would rather never buy anything from Costco ever.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My wife is disabled, we bought a new house, doing upgrades to house, floors, painting, etc. While my wife was in the hospital I bought a new Whirlpool washer and dryer set, front loaders with pedestals. After she got out of the hospital the 90 day return had expired. She didn't like the color or the functions of them. She wanted the Samsung front loaders that had the steam function on both and gun metal grey color. The Samsungs cost twice as much as the Whirlpools. Tried to return them anyway, even asked for a courtesy move to my other house which is going on the market. I will be in the market for a new refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and built-in microwave. So keeping a loyal customer since 1980 isn't important to them. I will continue to buy groceries from them, but they lost my big purchase items. This is what happens when you become a large corporation. I will pay more not to have to deal with their customer service.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2019

Costco's response on the BBB, "Costco has credited the member a compensation as Costco understands the member's frustration as verbiage is not clear on site."

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I ordered a Samsung TV from www.costco.com (Item 9827500, Model QN82Q7DRAFXZA) on 6/17/2019 (delivered on 6/20/2019). The price was $3499.99 with a 15% Costco cash card rebate if paid with the Costco Visa credit card. I applied for this credit card solely due to this offer and was assured by Costco support that if I received the credit card after the promo had expired they'd honor the rebate. This happened, and I called Costco support which honored the rebate in a slightly altered way by providing me a 15% credit on my Costco Visa card.

On 7/15/2019 I saw the price for everyone--even those not purchasing with a Costco Visa--had dropped to $2999.99. Costco has a price adjustment policy I took a 7/21/2019 screenshot of stating, "Costco.com will gladly issue a credit for the difference between the price you paid and the promotional price, if your purchase was made online at Costco.com and was within 30 days prior to the change in price. Credits are typically issued within 3-5 business days."

On 7/15/2019 I submitted the price adjustment form, confirmation number **. Costco did not contact me, so on 7/21/2019 I spoke to a representative who refused to honor the price adjustment, saying I had already received an adjustment. I disagreed stating these discounts should be treated as distinct events and asked to see where in the price adjustment form there were caveats, of which the agent did not do and kept by the decision to not honor the price adjustment. I warned my next course of action would be a BBB complaint.

On 7/21/2019 I left a review for the TV here https://www.costco.com/Samsung-82%22-Class-(81.5%22-Diag.)-4K-UHD-QLED-LCD-TV.product.100485491.html, stating my TV review feedback followed by a note on Costco's failure to honor their own price adjustment policy. Costco censored my post by preventing it from posting to the site, although when I try to resubmit, it states I have already submitted. Costco did not inform me of their censorship intent.

On 9/2/2019 I submitted a BBB review of Costco's failure to honor their own price adjustment policy, and they called me on 9/3/2019 admitting that while their online price adjustment policy states no exclusions, their senior leadership refused to honor their price adjustment policy. It's utterly disappointing and an absolute 180 from Costco's normal very customer service-oriented culture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The days following my mother's passing, I had to cancel all credit cards, health insurance etc. I was able to do it all easily and with compassion on the other end of the phone, UNTIL I called Costco. I could not believe my ears, so I tried the chat and even called back to get another person, thinking the last person was wrong. Nope! We have to go into Costco and show that I am the executor of the estate, with my mom's membership info to cancel her membership!! Unbelievable! Even government agencies that require a death certificate, said it can all be done online or email or some other convenient way, not antiquated like Costco. Even cancelling the credit card associated with Costco was an easy phone call, but NOT the Costco membership. Costco should be ashamed of themselves. They were not understanding or even empathetic in any way!! I will write this story until my hands get tired on any site that will let me. It's such a bad policy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I had a Corporate Costco Visa card, which was on autopay. When I retired, I notified Citibank. Went thru the new application process, received the new card. When I went to log in my autopay info, somehow the checking account ended in 2 versus the correct 5. I received notice of the bank rejection of payment and immediately (same day as notification) contacted customer service. Citibank had the original amount $16, plus 2 more charges of $16, for a total of $48. Citibank said the extra charges Could Not be reversed, period. Thus the late fees.

Past history of being a prompt pay, means nothing. So if you make an honest mistake, Citibank will stick it to you. I will use the Costco Card to get into Costco, but never charge anything with them ever again. I also went off paperless, to force them to mail my statement going forward. I may not get my money back, but they will lose this $32 in postage over the years. I HATE Citibank!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sent me a used "new" Apple 4 Watch- Can't use it. Couldn't fully use my apparently "brand new" and very expensive Apple Watch as the cellular service was "locked" by a previous owner. Was never notified that it was "used." Took 2 hours, one at Cell phone store, another at Apple figuring it out. Walked in the rain on Labor Day, luckily these places were open. Feel upset, defrauded. Thought Costco was better. Make sure you check/verify the serial numbers with Apple BEFORE you leave the store. Wonder what else they repackage as "new." Garbage...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

It took me some time and a lousy Costco experience to understand why Amazon is able to stay in the top despite not having the best prices. The answer is simple. People got tired of brick and mortar merchants' beyond crappy customer service! Here's the story: Going to Costco in Austin. I arrived there on a Saturday around 5:30PM. I got in and started shopping by 18:06. I got the card filled with stuff for about 380$ when my son asked if we can get a melon, so I started walking towards the melons box 1/2 way a Costco employee blocked the aisle and asked rhetorically if he can help me so I answered I am going to get a melon to which he stated "I'm sorry but we are closing can I help you?". I said again "I only want to get a melon."

He re-stated "we are closing at 18:00. Can I help you". I just couldn't take his stupidity so I said, "Yes you can. You can go ** yourself!" Left the cart in the middle of the aisle and went straight to speak with the manager. After finding there was no manager on site since the guy/gal already left 10 min before (at 18:00) I understood this is a place that has no management and no regards to those shopping their memberships where I asked to cancel it and got my money back.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I contacted Costco Identity Guard about not receiving an alert about a fraudulent transaction on one of my credit card. They said they only alert on new credit inquiries. They also don't provide info on dark web activity.

Costco Company Information