3.5/5 (201 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: May 30, 2022

I have ordered laptop through Costco app and got discount around 200$. However, today I got an email by mentioning cancelled my order with no reason. I have used Costco credit card and I used my address which is card address to order the laptop. Today morning I tried to reorder and now price is went up. I think they cancel my order because of price change. I am not trusting Costco online again if they are cheating like this.

Buddika

Original review: May 29, 2022

I’ve had 3 delivery dates - the last one is over a week past the estimate I was told when I placed the order. Not a shortage issue. I was told the washer is at the warehouse they keep forgetting to put on the truck. Now both the GE 3rd party delivery & Costco customer service no longer return calls.

Resolution response: July 27, 2022

They contacted me and professionally solved the problem.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Through Costco offers, they installed the following:

1. June 2020، they suggested to upgrade my AC to 4 tons instead of the old one as the house in the summer was too hot indoor. They also charged me to install wireless thermostat which never happened as they could not get the unit. I finally bought Glass thermostat from Best Buy and installed it myself. That work cost me more than 14K. I texted the installer to refund the price of thermostat more than 3 or 4 times, no response. I called the company more than 3 times (most of time was with which I believe her name is Heather). Every time I hear they will check and get back to me. But still waiting.

2. Same problem happened in Summer of 2021, through Costco again, I bought furnace (high end one and wireless) with split, mini split، ductless Lenox and wireless thermostat, less than 7 months now and my house is burning hot, the thermostat registered under weird name in Texas, USA, WHEN I CALLED the number my thermostat registered under, turned to be Highland Hospital or something like this. This job cost me more than 23K. I called the company today and they wanted to charge me emergency visit for something they installed less than 7 months ago and less than 18 months ago.

It's bad experience, as I believe now all that money I spent close to 40 K, to get high end equipment, did not solve the problem, so their professional recommendation turned to be a way to get money out of your pocket without honesty or solving the main problem. I don't think I should pay to get equipment less than 7 months old, get fixed. I also blame costco for putting its clients in this situations, now I think any offer costco give to its client it's low quality, as these companies does not have workload and willing to offer costco members cheap prices just to get their business going. I called costco to start a complaint process but unfortunately are closed.

In summary never go with costco offers when it come to big investment in your house، as it look like they deal with companies that will not have workload without signing contract with costco. Also Comfort Masters and Affordable Comfort should not be your direction when you looking for HVAC equipments. This an honest review and it is up to each of you.

Original review: May 6, 2022

On 5/1/22 I was in Costco and decided to put a cake order in for a 50th wedding anniversary. The process is sad. You just put your order form in the box and hope for the best. I filled out the form placed it the box. Called on 05/06/22 to confirm the order and was told by a costco employee that the bakery was all the way in the back and they didn't feel like walking back there, but they have my order or at least he thought they did I explained that was unacceptable to think on something he did not know for sure. To add insult to injury he hung up the phone and wouldn't answer I had to use my husband phone to call then someone answered. Anthony answered and explained the process of ordering a cake. Very disappointed. I hope my cake is there on Sunday or I will be send a review to the president of the company, and my social media. Not a threat but a promise. I am so sick of spending my hard earn money and being treated like poop.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I am a 69 years old man with white hair, but the casher think that I am as a young as 21 years man. He told me to scan the goods by myself and then walk away. So I have to bring the heavy stuffs such as milk, chicken broth... etc on top of the counter and scan them. I am wondering what are the cashers for?

Original review: April 24, 2022

I shop at Costco in Reno. I resent it every time I go. Besides the horrible overcrowded parking, the customer service cashiers and "exit handlers" are 98% of the time rude, cold & never ever professional or nice!! I very rarely receive a look to even acknowledge my existence let alone "Hello" or "How are you?" "Did you find what you needed today?" Nothing but impatience, the cashiers get short with me easily & only care about getting their money & selling me an upgrade on membership. It's just an unpleasant chore every time I go. Customer service is basically the worst in Reno! Poorly managed business not to appreciate simple old-fashioned customer service guarantees happy returning customers. If it wasn't for the few things I can't find anywhere else for less, I would cut my membership up yesterday.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We ordered a mattress at Costco.com. After waiting a week for delivery and set up, the mattress turned out to be a full instead of a queen. The delivery crew were kind and professional; however, they took my old mattress and set up new mattress stating that Costco would exchange with the correct mattress. They asked me to call customer service and left with our old mattress. The representative on the phone informed me that the mattress I ordered was not available in a queen and that they do not do exchanges. I was instructed to start a return process in which they would pick up the full size mattress in one week and they would process the refund in "3-5 business days". I was then told that I would have to initiate a new mattress order. They would NOT honor the sale price of the new mattress from the week before.

Furthermore, unless we ordered before the old mattress was scheduled for pickup up we would have to go without a mattress in the interim. So we paid for the new queen mattress at full price and scheduled a delivery date. As instructed we called customer service to coordinate pick up and drop off at the same time. I was assured that this was NOT a problem, but to call again once I received shipment confirmation.

Upon calling as instructed with the shipment confirmation, I was told that no available pick up times were available in the next 7 days. I could either wait an additional 7 days to coordinate the delivery with pick up, which would mean an additional 10-12 days before refund or I could make no changes and sleep without a mattress. When I asked the agent to speak to a supervisor I was told "You can do that but it won't change anything". I was then placed on hold for over 20 minutes after which the original agent came on again and said that she had tried to "pull some strings" but was unsuccessful. I then waited again another 15-20 minutes before I finally hung up.. This has been the worst Costo buying experience ever. I will not be utilizing Costco online in the future and will not be renewing our membership.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Ordered IN Stock Patio set that was Fully paid for and completely mishandled by creating multiple orders for same merchandise and Complete Lack of Customer Service/Information/Followup regarding WHERE WHO WHY HOW my order is - Have been left Completely on my own to figure it out. No one Knows Anything or Follows up. I have contacted shipper who gives me a Two Month Window however, maintains Information isn’t Certain. Showing A double shipment of same order. Costco never knows anything or follows up - Furniture company never replies to my emails/VM and Shipper confused by ALL the Above as Am I.

Completely unprofessional breakdown and lack of customer service by Costco who had no issue taking my full payment up front over a month ago while showing patio set in stock and available! I’ll NEVER make the mistake of falling for buying ANYTHING from Costco online ever again. I would suggest no one buys from Costco online. You can’t trust them!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I orderd Nova Foam 14" from Costco, I received an open box but didn't think much of it, but when opened mattress found out it was a USED one but re packaged, I tried to complain but Costco will not receive my email, they gave a full refund so I ordered same mattress again thinking first time was a mistake but they shipped the same beat up boxes again and I refused to take delivery. This's not the way to treat a customer, shame on you Costco

Original review: March 25, 2022

Metropolitan Warehouse & Delivery is the worst delivery service I've ever experienced in my entire life! My new life's goal is to post this information all over the internet in the hopes that no one ever has to deal with this company. The first crew that came to deliver the bedroom set damaged the dresser and one of the drawers in the chest. I’m not talking about small damage. They split the piece of wood on the lower front section of the dresser beyond repair and the bottom of one drawer in the chest was completely broken in half. These are things they likely knew they did but were in such a hurry to get back on the road they didn’t seem to care. Before they left I inspected the furniture and found the broken drawer so they took that piece of furniture with them when they left. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice the cracked wood on the dresser until 5 minutes after they left. I called to ask them to come back and pick it up but they refused.

They also did a very poor job of assembling the bed. There are about 4-5 pieces of wood support posts that run underneath the center of the bed. Each one consists of 2 pieces that are screwed together. When I looked under the bed it was easy to see that none of them were completely screwed together. I had to prop up the bed with 2x4s to allow access to the underside of the bed which then allowed me to screw the posts together properly.

Upon further inspection of the furniture, we decided that the quality was not of the level we expected so we contacted customer support to return it all. Today, 4 weeks later, they finally came to pick it up. I was told they would call me with an ETA a few hours before they planned to arrive At approximately 3:00PM, as I had yet to hear from them, I decided to call Customer Service and a few minutes later I received a call from the driver stating that they would be here in 45 minutes to 1 hour. They actually arrived about 90 minutes later.

The crew did not have shoe coverings and they refused to remove their shoes before walking upstairs on my carpeted floors. I suggested they go down the street, less than 1 mile from my house and purchase foot coverings but they refused. I called their dispatch office while they were here and they spoke to the driver but no resolution was achieved and they left. The first delivery crew that delivered the furniture had no problem removing their shoes before walking on the carpet. If I ever purchase anything again from Costco that requires a delivery crew to come into my house I will only do it if Costco guarantees to not use Metropolitan Warehouse & Delivery.

Original review: March 24, 2022

They sold a damaged Dell laptop and I tried to return after opening the laptop. But they are saying they will not take it as it is damaged. They are giving suggestions like go to dell service center and repair it there

Original review: March 15, 2022

I'm baffled. I ordered the pack of 48 ramen noodles at Costco not too long ago for less than $9 and I have been looking for it there. They kept saying out of stock. However I really needed for my kids, I ended searching elsewhere and I found at eBay for $23, which compared the outrage prices out so I got there. The order came in a box that said Costco and I said to myself but i my Costco already which one is that one? And it was the noodles that I bought from eBay which was more than double the price. I'm in disbelief just because I trusted Costco but to do his customers duty like that, I'm really turn off. I don't believe Costco will do this.

Original review: March 4, 2022

They measured the door and said it's way too narrow for delivery so they will check the new fridge on truck. In meantime I took off the door and those guys fled the scene. Now I got no door & no fridge.

Original review: March 3, 2022

They will just ask you to fill a police report. They are not responsible for making sure you actually get your package. Don’t order Costco online. If you don’t get it, you lose it. They will not find out what happened with your package.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Costco denies any problem. This is why the Stealing comes into play. I have proof of their online problems. I sign into my account. Make my purchases. Payment is typed in with a card number, name, expiration date, etc. This card number was not used for payment. Instead they pulled up an old account that has not been used for a very long time. Keep in mind that I have made purchases with Costco online with a different Card Number and it has successfully gone thru their system. Two purchases back from November 2021 also was put on the same card they had on file that had not been used for a very long time. You may say that is why they have your card on file to use. But when I am signed in and go to payment information and type in my information it goes thru on the card I used. It does not default to the card on file, that has been there for a very long time. I have the proof and Costco is not interested.

I paid on the card that is not used overdraft fees of 105.00 dollars for a bottle of garlic and herb spice that costs 8.49 dollars. I paid 105.00 dollars for a box of crackers that cost 8.49 dollars. EACH ITEM WAS BILLED SEPARATELY TO MY CARD THAT HAS NOT BEEN USED FOR A VERY LONG TIME. So every item was billed the same day and billed separately. So the overdraft fees were enormous. Costco explains this is my computer program that has a problem. So here we go again. The November 2021 purchase was on my Dell laptop with Microsoft 10 program. This laptop is less than 2 years old. The February purchase was with a new laptop with Microsoft 11 program and is less than 30 days old. Still Costco does not want to hear from me and will not fix this problem in their program.

I know there are others out there that have had this problem. I know I am not the only one who orders using different card accounts. So there is a real problem here, hence the Stealing of my information. From whom is it from, employees, Costco itself, etc. These employees who took this call and done nothing have cost this Business thousands of dollars and each one should be fired. How much more business will Costco Lose unless they are the problem. CAREFUL.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

If I could give them ZERO stars I would. They do not deserve the one star I had to give them to write this review. Here is the absolutely ridiculous scenario. I originally placed an order on 26 December2021. The item was somehow delivered somewhere in the state of New York on 11 January 2022. Well, this was the first epic fail for Costco.com primarily because I live in ALASKA. Not very smart at all! I contacted Costco on 13 January 2022 about this order. I was assured by the customer service person that the order would redone, the item would be expedited and that the item would arrive by the original scheduled delivery date. Then it took until 19 January 2022 to get an email confirming the new order. Then an email on 20 January that the item was shipped. However, the tracking information provided was never trackable. The promised delivery date came and went with no package from Costco.

At the beginning of February 2022 I was told by customer service that the item was in stock, would be shipped and that it would arrive by 10 February 2022. This delivery date also came and went with no package from Costco. 14 February 2022, I again contacted Costco customer service to try and find out where the package was. The Costco customer service person told me that the package was shipped and that Costco would look into the delivery of the package. AGAIN NOTHING! On 21 February 2022 I again contacted Costco customer service. The customer service person said that she would put in a Service Request (SR#**) to look into why my package was not delivered.

After all of this waiting and time spent on the phone, I get a useless form letter telling me that the package is not going to be delivered, that Costco is out of stock on this item, and that they are going to refund my purchase price. How disrespectful! I place an order with Costco, they take my money, jerk me around for nearly two months, and then say "oh, we will give you your money back in 3-7 business days". What an incompetent and useless ordering system. Costco should be ashamed of itself for the seriously poor customer service. I live in Alaska and have been waiting on these heated gloves for two months that I am now informed that I am NEVER going to get. Costco is an EXCEEDINGLY useless bunch of lying, deceitful, incompetent idiots! They have no regard for their customer's time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

This company just joke. They renew the membership not like they saying every year but every 10 months, so sad! Even though they are charging for membership without your knowledge when you are paying for purchases.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Caution! When trying to purchase online from Costco--they can automatically cancel your order, and put a hold your funds with ETA to do so! I had entered my credit card info. correctly as it appeared on my card, with the correct pin etc. (I confirmed this with my bank), but when I entered the name in the Bill-to address, did not match EXACTLY with the card (i.e. Sandra vs. Sandy). Therefore, their order system automatically cancelled my order and then put a hold on the funds at my bank until they get around to releasing them. A simple error trap routine in their online order system would prevent this and/or highlight the difference (if required). BTW, other major online retailers (you know who...) do not require they match exactly or seem to have no problem handling it.

I called their Costco Customer Service twice to try to figure out what happened as the bank sees no error on their end while Costco continues to hold my funds. The Costco Customer Service representatives cannot change the Bill-to address name difference nor can I and they could not provide an ETA when they might release the funds back to me. Apparently, you can do nothing from your bank to release them either, only the merchant (Costco) controls the release of those funds while you wait...

Really not professional or ethical. The other larger online sites (you know who...again) also appear to have much more knowledgeable and helpful customer service reps unlike Costco's! So, shop anywhere online but Costco! Let them do what they do best, JUST be a big box-store merchant, not an online presence in the marketplace!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

A company I ordered from uses your logo and email Costco@gmail.com. I believe it's a fake site but your logo appears on their web page. They offer products at great discounted prices. However I never received the product l ordered or response to my email.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I went at 9:30 to order a pizza. First person in line. The kid said it would be more than 45 minutes because a big order had come in for 50 pizza. I said I am here now and your short staffed has nothing to do with me. Can’t you put my pizza in now. They were rude and not helpful, I am a Costco business card holder since 1988. I won’t ever order at the food court again!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Called Customer Service Line (800-774-2678) to report/resolve paying twice for membership renewal. I had to walk the agent through my account transactions even though she kept putting me on long holds to review what was in my account record summary. The agent couldn't (or didn't know how) verify both my banking transactions to Costco (1 on-line, 1 at in-person-checkout) and ultimately told me that I would to drive to Costco, stand in line at Customer Service counter, and dispute my double-payment issue with a warehouse person. Unbelievable service incompetence with this store.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

COSTCO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF SENIORS OR THE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED. E-mail sent by me to Costco: I am disabled and I am immunocompromised. I wrote yesterday to express my concerns with an upcoming appliance delivery through Metro to Home. I requested that for my safety the delivery personnel be fully vaccinated. Metro to Home refused to comply and Costco refused to take responsibility. Costco has the absolute power to demand that subcontractors ask their employees their vaccination status, and if refused, find another company who is willing to respect the health and safety of Costco's customers.

And it is their LEGAL DUTY TO ACCOMMODATE the disabled and immunocompromised. I was not accommodated. Someone from Costco phoned me that afternoon to discuss the situation. She spouted a number of platitudes and mentioned more than once that Costco closely follows the recommendations of Health Canada. I disagree. One of the two gentlemen delivering my dishwasher was wearing a single cloth mask. Dr. Tam, Canada's chief public health officer, advises against cloth face masks in the face of the new omicron variant, "Tam said it is time to ditch the cloth masks. They are not going to protect you against Omicron." **... Dr. Juni, Ontario's science advisory table, agrees.

I am not writing for the purpose of getting the delivery people in trouble. They were respectful and donned two medical masks each that I provided. I blame Metro to Home for not providing these young men proper protection, for their safety and mine. And I blame Costco, who thinks that by subcontracting out deliveries they can wash their hands of any responsibility. Well, they can't. It is absolutely their responsibility to ensure that EVERYONE working in any and all capacity for them is properly trained in covid safety and provided with the proper protection for their workers and their customers, especially the most vulnerable ones!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Costco in Orange Park FL damaged my rims while installing tires on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I went inside to ask about the damage I was immediately yelled at by a technician saying they didn't do it and that I was absurd to think they caused any damage. Their insurance was even worse to deal with. Charity was difficult to get a hold of, never answered messages, and was rude every time we spoke. This is THE worst company I have ever dealt with and I will never do business with them or any of their subsidiaries again and I advise everyone else of the same.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

While eating my first of 6 everything bagels I got a piece of plastic that lodged into my gum. Very unpleasant. I sent pictures to the manager. He investigated the bakery and said there is nothing similar in the bakery. Not from here. Sent pictures and the actual piece to the Bakery that supplies Costco with the par-baked bagels. Fiery Foods in Ontario. They said the same. Well it got baked into the bagel somehow!. After a closer look at it it looks very similar to a piece of a plastic from a water bottle lid. I have pictures to compare. I was told by the manager that I could return the remaining bagels for a refund. Wow that's it? As if I would even think of eating the rest of bagels that possibly have more pieces inside them. No compensation for bringing this to their attention. Has anyone else found plastic in their bagels from Costco?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

On December 8, 2021, I had four new tires installed that I had purchased on line and had delivered to the Costco Peachtree City, Ga store. These were for an older classic car that wasn't quite roadworthy yet, so I brought only the wheels to have the tires mounted and balanced. They completed the service and put them in the back of my truck. When I got home, I noticed that the weights were 'stick-ons' and not the 'tap on' leaded ones. So far, no problem.

Five days later, I roll them out to install them on my car and "Whaaat?" ...the weights on three of the tires were laying on the ground! I returned to the store, and after some 'warm' discussion, they agreed to redo the balancing and install the tap-on weights. My advice to you is "DOUBLE CHECK YOUR TIRES WHEN YOU LEAVE THE STORE" and frequently after that. Stick-on weights seem a cheap and quick way to get you out of the store.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Costco sells appliances without guarantee of reasonable installation time frame. I ordered a dishwasher that was supposed to be delivered 11 days later. Two days before the delivery date they let us know that the earliest installation time is more than one month later!!!! I had to cancel my order and I wasted tons of time for nothing. Terrible service. Really disappointed. Costco sucks.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I ordered a refrigerator online from Costco on Nov 26. It was scheduled to be delivered on Nov 30. Quick availability was the sole reason for my order to Costco. As per company process, I was supposed to receive communication a day prior regarding my delivery and timing. I did not receive any of these. At 944 am on Nov 30, got a call from Costco delivery driver informing me that they will be arriving in 5 minutes! And asking me to ensure that my driveway is absolutely clean and "Salt sprayed" otherwise they would return the delivery. I rushed out with my shovel to clean up snow. Within 2 minutes of calling, Costco truck arrived at my doorstep. I told driver to wait few minutes till I clean up all the snow.

To my shock, driver just sped off with his vehicle and at 954 am I got a voice mail from Costco Logistics informing that my delivery has been cancelled. I immediately called up Costco Logistics but to no avail and my delivery was rescheduled for next week Sunday. This is the worst customer experience I had. Not sure what's Costco guidelines are to these drivers but not giving prior information well in advance, refused to wait for 5 minutes and rescheduling the whole delivery cycle again. It only results in resource wastage, additional cost and on top of all, worst customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Had an appliance delivery of refrigerator, dishwasher and range. Delivery staff are supposed to do basic installation and haul my previous appliances. Delivery guys started with the excuse of my plants in the entrance they did not want to ruin them. I told them not to worry they will regrow. When they came in they did not want to haul my appliance, told them not to worry about them, then they were allergic to cats and did not want to deliver. Finally they left it at my door with no installation. They are horrible. We never buy any appliance or any services from Costco. When membership is over will go back to Sams.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I've been to the Costco Hearing Aid Center several times with the same complaint over and over now they tell me it's too late to get any kind of a refund. So today I went to Sam's Club and I'd only one tuning. I'm much more happier.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

After being a customer for over 14 years you would think that Costco would be willing to go the extra mile for a customer. Purchased a Tv and was supposed to get a $300 cash card. That was in August. I called in October to ask about it and noticed they were now offering a $500 cash card for the same Tv at the same price. I spent 30 min with customer service and after speaking with the guy and asking him do they could honor the new promotion he said he was able to get it pushed through. So here I am waiting for my cash card since I am trying to buy a new couch from Costco and I still haven’t seen it.

Called today and was told they aren’t going to honor the extra $200. Thanks for letting me know that a customer that has spent over $10,000 with you this year isn’t worth $200 to you. It’s just me and my daughter and I chose to spend my hard earned money with Costco. I will be making my new home purchases with another company since my business isn’t appealing enough to Costco.

Costco Company Information