2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.0/5 (990 ratings)

About Costco

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: July 15, 2021

@Costco takes months to install a refrigerator. I am still waiting for them to come and install refrigerator (Costco boys left it in my garage) for than 20 days. Order Number: **. Not easy to get connected to Costco Logistics team. I have to wait at least 2 hours to talk to them. I have called more than 10 times about my refrigerator installation, still waiting!!! Failed to deliver refrigerator on time so, I ordered a new one but the delivery boys left it in my garage without installing. Fails again and again with their false promises. Every time they talk about compensation but not helping me with the refrigerator installation. @Costco failed to help me with the refrigerator installation. They scheduled 4 times but no one showed up. Wait! One time someone showed up to take the item back to the warehouse!!! It's opposite to what I was told. @Costco I was proud of Costco but not anymore. Anyone to help with my order: **

Original review: July 14, 2021

Price dropped $200 a week after I ordered this. Their website claims that they honor price adjustments, but they do not. I called them 8 times making requests for a price adjustment but they don't honor it.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I have been a member at Costco for 20 years. The last 4 years we did not receive our membership rewards (2%) which would in theory cover the cost of the membership. Last year we complained and they said it was being mailed to an incorrect address. It was corrected but too late for new checks to be issued. We took that in stride and hoped for a better day. Of course being busy people we were not waiting for the Costco rebate to come however today I went to shop and they wanted an additional $180 (for a $120 membership). The solution was to wait in a 30 person deep line or go online to customer service which I did. More run around and eventually told to go back to the store and deal with the customer service.

I am sorry but overpaying a company to charge you to shop there? You're not the only game in town Costco. The number one rule in business is the best customer you have is the one you already got. Apparently they don't get it or are just too big to care. Either way see ya Costco. I am glad to shop at local grocery stores or the other big warehouse competition. I am sure the dollar I save on your case of water is not worth the aggravation.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I have been Costco Prime member for 7 years and visited Costco almost every weekend. Costco is really good as long you don't encounter any problem wit their customer service. But if you get into any issue resolving it will take months and you will find their customer support is horrible and takes hours to resolve simple issue. I bought a laptop assuming they have 2+2 year warranty, but when laptop failed in 13 months I figured out they will just deny the warranty claim by blaming power surge and you really can't do anything. So here is my another suggestion, avoid Costco for day today needs as when you enter Costco for milk you end up spending $100 bugs as they are designed to spend you many unwanted low quality products.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I bought a washing machine and dryer from Costco.com to be delivered on July 19th. Delivery and hookup were right on time. As soon as they left a load of clothes was done and the dryer would not work. I called immediately and was told a new dryer would be delivered within 5 days. 5 days later...nothing. 4 phone calls later (being on hold for hours and telling the same story over and over), I was told I had a new delivery date...July 5th, today.

Today as I waited for this delivery, I got call that the dryer was "lost"...who loses a dryer??? Yet another phone call and was told I had to either reorder or get a long lengthy refund. What the heck...that's it? Now I sit waiting for the magical email to tell me when the next delivery date will be. Costco outsources their deliveries and have absolutely no control over when anything will happen. Don't bother calling them. Go to Lowe's, Home Depot or any other appliance store and do not waste your time with these people.

Original review: June 30, 2021

New Costco member and have had no problems with the Costco employees, in fact they have been very friendly and helpful. The problem is in getting a Costco credit card. I have great credit and have a bunch of credit cards. But getting one from Costco is horrible. For some reason they seem to think I need to send them a copy of a bank statement, my tax return, a copy of my phone or utility bill. Got on the phone and got nowhere. The person on the other end spent 10 minutes going over everything I had originally submitted and kept saying they needed more information but never did say what information was needed. Goodbye, don't need another credit card. Hope the rest of my experiences will be OK.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Just reporting a very very bad experience trying to purchase washer/dryer from U.S.A Costco Online. First delivery scheduled for 6/3 no show, called online. Was told had to call their logistics dept. Waited on hold for U.S.A Costco Online 87 minutes and was told product had not been received, they set up another delivery date for 6/12. Same results. No delivery. Called U.S.A Costco Online. This time the wait for their logistics dept was 145 min. Called U.S.A Costco Online back and they could not tell me where the product was. I canceled the order and was told I would receive a credit within a few days. It is now 6/22 and no refund. I never received the washer/dryer. No one at U.S.A Costco Online could not tell me why and can’t seem to get a refund. So disappointed in U.S.A Costco Online.

Interesting that Costco can’t tell a customer where the appliances are and the status of items. It seems Costco has no concern for delivery. Just selling. Update. It is now 6/29 and no refund. On chat with the Costco customer service today and still get the same ** which is they will escalate which is what I was told on 6/22. You can’t get to a person or dept with Costco. Only contact is customer service that they contract out. Not sure what a person can do to resolve a problem. Can someone from Costco please resolve this problem.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I had my first LG Washtower delivered by Costco April 1, 2021. I had called Costco a few days prior to delivery to ask if there was anything I needed to purchase for the installation, as I had read a few reviews from people saying the installers were not full equipped with all the parts. I was assured that they would come with EVERYTHING needed, the dryer vent, the hoses for the washer, etc. Well, the unit has a steam capability that requires an extra set hoses, the installer did not have that. No problem, my fiancé is very handy, we went to Home Depot, bought the "steam kit" and he installed it for me. In the process he noticed a fairly large dent in the side of the machine, and convinced me that an over $2,000.00 machine should not be delivered dented and I should request Costco replace it. Seems simple, right? This is where things start to descend into the Costco quagmire.

Over the next month I made several phone calls to customer service about replacing the dented unit. I was given a Service Report number, notes were made on my file, and I was told someone would call me within a few days. Nobody ever called me. On my third attempt, I got a customer service rep who said she could handle it for me right there, while I was on the phone, and expressed surprise that the other two I'd spoken with hadn't done that. Great! A new machine would be coming within a week.

The new delivery team arrives with my new machine, this time I actually look the machine over first, it looks great, no dents. Then it becomes clear that the two younger members of the team are being trained. The older gentleman, speaking in Spanish, is directing them. They need to remove a small panel from the back of the machine to attach the power cord. After a few moments, I could tell there was a problem...it was taking much too long. The younger guys have been working on it with a power screwdriver. Then I'm told the electric box is broken and will rattle and make noise every time I use it. They want to switch the one they've just broken (I have them on video accusing each other of having broken it), with the machine they are here to pick up, which has been working just fine.

I agree to this, until I see them working too hard to get this done, at which point I tell them to just take both machines away. For $2K, I'd like an undamaged machine with no electrical issues. Innovel calls me right away to confirm that I've refused the delivery. I confirm and tell them why. They arrange for the delivery of a new (3rd) machine the following week.

This brings me to Memorial Day weekend. The new machine is supposed to be delivered in the afternoon of Tuesday, June 1. I was away for Memorial Day weekend figuring I'd have plenty of time to get back in time for the delivery. The evening before call didn't happen, instead I was called about 7am to tell me they'd be at my place in about an hour and a half, approx. 9:30am.

I told the man that was a problem, since I was at least an hour drive away and still in bed. We agreed on 10am, I got out of bed and rushed to get everything together to get home on time. I texted to let him know I made it within our timeframe and he could come anytime with the machine. A couple of hours go by and I'm texting asking what's going on. He calls to tell me his truck is stuck under a bridge and they are waiting for assistance to get it unstuck.

They finally show up, I look the machine over and one side of it is completely bashed in, even worse than the original one I'd returned. I refuse the delivery and Innovel calls me right away. I explain what happened, he asks if I'd been informed that I could keep that machine until a new one could be delivered, so I'd at least have laundry machines. I tell him that wasn't mentioned. Then he tells me the LG Washtowers are currently out of stock and Costco has no idea when they might be getting more. He offers to reach out to the driver and ask him to bring the bashed in one back. He comes back on the line and tells me he can't reach the driver, but can arrange to have it redelivered on the upcoming Saturday.

Again, no evening before call, instead I get the 7am call. They want to confirm that I understand I am taking delivery of a damaged machine. Throughout the morning they keep in reasonable touch with me about their timeline. The delivery team calls me to say they will be arriving in about 10-minutes. While I'm on the phone he says, "Wait! How high is this bridge? Oh, it's only 11'9", my truck is over 13' high, we can't pass under this bridge." The next thing I know I'm getting a call from an Innovel rep., she's in California, I'm in Evanston, a small city that sits on the northern border of Chicago. She's trying to find out from me where the team is and what bridge they're talking about. I tell her I have no idea, Evanston is very easy to get to, it's not some little out-of-the-way hamlet. I don't know what bridges they're referring to.

I'm asking her why they can't use their nav system to find a better route? She's looking at a map and telling all the ways she can see that they could be taking and she doesn't understand why they're having a problem. She puts me on hold to speak to them. While she's doing that I went on the Costco website and saw that my product is back in stock AND a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. The Innovel rep comes back on the line to tell me the delivery team have said they cannot get to me and will not be delivering the item. At the point I tell her to just cancel it and issue me a refund.

I went ahead and ordered the new machine at the lower price point, something Costco should have already been offering me for all this trouble. I'm hoping that a fresh order will be free from all the issues that the current order has had. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case. Although their website said it was in stock and gave me a delivery date of June 28, three weeks later. It is now June 27, I have had none of the usual delivery communications from Costco, no charge has been put on my credit card for the purchase, and when I called the customer service, today, to ask if it was being delivered or not, I got an auto system telling me that someone would be contacting me when my item was released for delivery. Their website now has my machine listed as out-of-stock again.

I have now been without laundry machines for over 2-months...even though Costco has had my $2,000! A few weeks ago I took everything over to my fiancé's house to launder. I've been trying to hold on until this new machine arrives, because it's such a pain to take all your dirty laundry somewhere else. I even purchased new sheets for my bed, so I could have clean sheets to sleep on. Now that I know my delivery will not be coming tomorrow, I will have to take my laundry out again to do.

I have been told time and again that someone higher up in Costco would be reaching out to me to get this situation resolved, that they will make sure I am happy. Someone actually did reach out to me last week. It was a customer service rep who saw a return item of a ping pong table on my file. He decided to look a little closer and saw that there was no record of me purchasing a ping pong table from them and decided to call me. Ridiculous!! But, never in three months of this fiasco has anyone higher up on the Costco chain-of-command reached out to me to take control of this situation.

The only reason I've stuck with them is the extended warranty. Everyone is offering a standard one-year manufacturing warranty from LG. Costco not only offers 24-months, but if you use their card to purchase it, there's a further 24-month extended warranty, bringing your warranty from 12-months to 48-months. But, it's getting to the point where even that is no longer enough to hold the purchase!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I do have an order placed on 05/29/2021 with delivery date as June 7th 2021. But Costco delivery service failed to deliver it even after rescheduling THREE times (June 7th, June 12th, June 16th). I do have a screenshot shows that I had to call customer service (888-803-3459) many times and be on hold for 9+ hours to know what's going on. NO ONE RESOLVED the issue. It's been almost 20 days past my original delivery date. Until this kind of customer treatment I haven't felt that Costco has the WORST customer service and delivery service.

Yesterday I talked to Logistics team agent and she said she escalated my case to SEVEN managers with email and assured that I will get some response. IN this whole process, I have never received a call or email from the driver or customer service on what's going on with delivery or what happened to my order. That's very frustrating. How can Costco provide this kind of Worst experience for Costco members who are with them for 15+ years.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I ordered a Louisiana grill, assembled and delivered from Costco. The hopper box caught on fire and it burnt the box, bubbling the paint. It was not assembled correctly. After hours on hold they agreed to get me another and pick up the old one. When they dropped off the new grill they refused to pick up the old unit even though customer service said they would. I called customer service back and after 90 minutes on hold they told me I could sell it for scrap metal. Then a week later customer service called me, leaving a voice mail, saying to call back for a pick up. I just called and the person who answered after 30 minutes on hold said she wasn't the right person and it would be another 2 hours plus on hold. Never Costco again.

Costco Company Information