2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Costco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: June 16, 2020

I went to Costco last week and purchased a few things to go camping with. Considering everything going on into today's world, camping felt like a good idea to get away from it all. When I went to Costco I knew I would get a few things, but had no idea that I would come across the most amazing tent that I have ever seen. Thank you so much Costco for always coming through!

Original review: June 15, 2020

I placed an order on 5-18-2020 for kids Playset. It arrived on 27th but 1 Box which was the most important Box out of 7 was damaged really bad. I refused the Box, but kept 6 boxes hoping they will send replacement. On June 4th, still nothing heard. Called Customer service, 3 hours on hold, a rep took my cancellation and filed for return but wouldn't send me any confirmation of return or cancellation. Her supervisor said that is company policy. 2 weeks went by, no follow up. On the phone again 3 hours. They have no email support, Online Chat and are rude and blunt. Please DO NOT order from Costco Online ever. I have filed a complaint at BBB and going to dispute payment.

Resolution response: June 13, 2020

Customer Service has contacted me by email to let me know that the refunds will be issued for the duplicate orders. I also received a voicemail from Brian P customer service manager for Costco Ecommerce explaining that the refunds should show on my Costco credit card in 2-3 business days. The message also said that per Costco returns department that I need not return the items that were duplicated. Following the email and voicemail message I also received additional emails (yes plural) giving me detailed information about how I should return the items. So in conclusion I am happy I am getting my money back, but unhappy about the conflicting information about whether Costco wants the duplicate items back. MY review of Brian P. if I could offer separately would be a 5.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I placed online order from Costco.com. Costco processed my order twice and charged me twice as well as sent a duplicate order. This happened twice to me in one day. When I called to tell them they sent two orders instead of one for each and requested a refund for the second orders I did not authorize it became a huge hassle, telling me I will not get a refund for the items until they have those items back at the warehouse. Costco is refusing to take responsibility for their error and overcharges.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Amidst a battle and terrible experience with a 3rd party seller on Amazon (nothing again Amazon, they're being great to work with) I placed an Online order with Costco for a pressure cooker. It arrived on time, but I quickly noticed the adjustment dial was extremely loose. I went back on their website, requested a return and received a prepaid return label. The day after I shipped it, I got an email stating my refund had been processed. This was my first online purchase from them and will not be my last! Really, the only "complaint" I have is with the return shipping methods. I would have liked to see costs associated with "UPS Drop Off" vs "UPS Pick Up" and if I'd be charged for either.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I ordered a dishwasher from Costco.com on June 2nd. They estimated that it would be delivered on June 8th, today. The status of my order has not changed since the 2nd. I am currently on hold to speak to someone and have been for nearly two hours! If I had known that this is how long it was going to take I would not have ordered from them. I love the prices and the quality of the items that I get in the warehouse. But, if you need an item by a specific time I would not order from Costco.com.

Original review: June 6, 2020

We are elderly and have health issues, so have reverted to some home delivery shopping, as the Coronavirus is particularly threatening to us. We have long shopped Costco, so began using their home delivery food service. Costco uses Instacart for home delivery. First order worked fine. Second order, they brought cheaper substitute items which we had specifically declined on the order form, and we were still charged for the doubly expensive organic items we had ordered. Third order, they gave us a delivery time, then changed it to late at night, then changed it again to the next day, then didn't show up.

Costco's customer service will tell you that you must call Instacart, even though it is an order placed on the Costco website with Costco. When we called Instacart, we were told that they were no longer delivering food orders for our local Costco, but they would shop and then we would have to come pick it up. There was, however, no provision for how to do this. We cancelled the order. We then called Costco, who told us that there were Instacart shoppers in the store, and there is no pickup. This was a complete fiasco. Instacart seems to be a total joke, but we hold Costco accountable, despite their trying to absolve themselves of any responsibility.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I went to fill up my car and gasoline on 6/5/20 at around 10am. I inserted my card and bias card and when I tried to squeeze the handle there is no gas coming out. I look for attendant but to no avail. I went to the attendant booth and knocked the window of the booth. She went out very upset and yelling at me. She said if the pump was not worked go to other pump. So I courteously move my car with another pump, to no avail it’s not working too. So I moved again to another pump which working fine. All of a sudden the attendant came to me yelling again not to help me anything because of knocking the window which embarrassed me because other customers was looking at us. This is not good for Costco customer.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I bought a MSI gaming laptop for my son, it's awesome and was priced cheaper than other places, according to my research, the best thing about it it has a free 2 year warranty with it. One of the issues it has is the camera drivers are not installed, so I will be calling tech to sort that out, besides that I like it and my son is enjoying it too.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I purchased a mattress on Costco.com, and unfortunately the experience didn’t meet the high standards that I’ve come to expect from Costco. The website did not provide adequate guidance regarding shipping arrangements. The contracted delivery company did not give me options for a delivery date, and they wanted to drop the mattress off on my porch if I couldn’t be there on the date they provided. I paid extra for Costco’s “white glove” service which involves setting up the new mattress and hauling away the old one, so I told them leaving the mattress outside wasn’t really an option. I agreed to their delivery date and arranged to get the day off work so I could let them into the house.

The day before my delivery I received an email from Costco stating that, due to COVID-19, the delivery company would not haul away my old mattress; I would be refunded the service fee. I am sympathetic to employees not wanting to take chances with COVID-19, but not being able to haul away the old mattress is a deal-breaker for me. I contacted customer service to see if they could transfer the mattress to another carrier who would be able to complete the set-up and haul away.

The first customer service person left me on hold for thirty minutes then hung up on me, and the second one told me that a request would be submitted to change carriers and I would hear something from them the day after the mattress was scheduled to deliver. I don’t have the means of moving or storing the old mattress myself, so made the disappointing decision to cancel the order altogether. I was told that the cancellation would also take one to two business days to process, and that if the mattress arrives before it processes that I should just refuse it at the door.

So now I’m taking a day off work just to refuse the delivery of a mattress to ensure that the delivery people don’t leave it outside on my porch like they wanted to initially. No one thing here is particularly egregious, but the series of small missteps led to a very unpleasant overall experience. I won’t be purchasing anything on Costco.com in the future, and I certainly don’t recommend purchasing anything that requires delivery.

Original review: May 24, 2020

After years of purchasing "America's Test Kitchen" books, something happened and they are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I wonder on "whose end" this decision fell on. Also, the latest political books are not being offered. I don't really expect Costco to tell the truth; after all, they expect us to believe the reason they check receipts at the door is SO THEY CAN CATCH IF ANY DUPLICATE PURCHASES WERE MADE. Yeah, RIGHT! (They certainly missed it when during ONE SHOPPING TRIP, TWO ITEMS WERE DOUBLE RANG. Not ONE, but TWO! It only happened once, but once was enough.)

My other rant about Costco is how SENIOR UNFRIENDLY they have always been. I say this because of their desire to CREATE A TREASURE HUNT FOR ALL. Why do they feel the need to re-locate merchandise EVERY SINGLE WEEK? When I was younger, it didn't bother me; but now with numerous physical issues, every step counts. If I can't find something on the first 'go around', I buy it elsewhere.

Moreover, Costco members should realize that some, if not most, of the items they purchase to meet Costco's price point, - lack certain features. i.e. ice chests lack insulation in the lid, but look identical to what you would buy elsewhere at a higher price. One time, years ago, I purchased a garbage disposal. IT DIDN'T HAVE A RESET BUTTON!! But, I wasn't smart enough to tune into that when I read the box. ...My fault. (I guess that feature saved them a few dollars.) All in all, the Costco we know today, is a far cry from when it began; and, it's not for the better.

Costco Company Information