3.68/5

278 Costco Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2019

So sorry to see giant plastic containers for muffins now instead of old method of cardboard and plastic wrap. Shouldn't we all be doing our part to cut down on plastic use for the sake of the planet? I have always felt Costco tries to do its part, such as no plastic bags. I just can't buy the muffins anymore. Please consider returning to old method. I'm a 30 year member and love this store.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased this bouquet for my mother on Mother's Day last year 2018. When my mother showed me the flowers, I was so disappointed. I wanted to post a review after Mother's Day but this item was not available in Costco website anymore. The flowers looked like 2 weeks old flowers and did not have all the flowers like the picture advertise. No lily, rose petal were falling off. Over all they are not worth $45.00, the $20.00 bouquet from grocery store is still more beautiful than this bouquet. I hope that Costco should do something to check on vendors, suppliers.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a Eastport Woven Swing (Item: Item #1900683 and Order # **) from Costco.com and it was supposed to be delivered by CEVA Logistics. This is THE WORST company I have ever had the displeasure of working with and I'm SHOCKED that a company like Costco would continue to work with them! We scheduled delivery on two separate occasions, waited at home all day, and CEVA never came. Nobody answered the phone number CEVA provided in the email and their customer service line wasn't open, so I contacted Costco who apologized.

Costco admitted they have received numerous complaints about CEVA (1.5 stars on Yelp) and are aware their inability to deliver items is causing problems. Ironically, Costco doesn't use ANY other delivery service in our area, so all they could do is offer a refund. DO NOT purchase any items from Costco if they continue to use SHADY services like CEVA. Costco can try and blame CEVA, but Costco is the company selling the item... they should hold themselves to a higher standard of customer service.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Can't believe... I tried to buy a piano that was offered in one of these promotional emails I receive regularly from Costco and then after all the back and forth of cancelling the orders because shipping address and every single little thing they found in my orders. I call the customer service and they informed me that it was a problem with the billing address which is the same I use for years so I have to go online again to do a new order and guess what? The price went up $350.00. Worse, they put a hold on my credit card (the same that was not accepted due to billing address problem) and I can't buy the piano somewhere else. That was just a trick to not sell something they have advertised with a discount. Catch the customer, increase the price and voilà, make more money! No wonder Amazon is beating all these cheaters up...

Original review: April 17, 2019

I absolutely never, ever thought I would be writing a complaint about Costco however, times change. I am a loyal, 20+ year Executive member of Costco Warehouses and have been purchasing a decent volume of office electronics and other supplies using COSTCO.COM. In short, between my wife and myself our Costco membership gets a workout. Here’s my latest experience with COSTCO.COM:

Earlier this morning COSTCO.COM started cancelling my orders without any explanation. I placed my first order today at 11:13 AM Pacific for a laptop. At 12:27 PM I received an email from no-reply@costco.com stating “Order Cancelled.” There was no explanation included and no request for a callback. Nothing. Hmmm, I thought maybe something in their system got corrupted so I placed a new order for the same item at 1:58 PM. At 3:25 PM I received another cryptic email from no-reply@costco.com stating “Order Cancelled.”

At this point I am frustrated so I called COSTCO.COM Customer Service. OMG, was I disappointed? Customer Service used to be Costco’s flagship service. To say that my experience left a lot to be desired would be very generous. I spent the next hour or so on the phone first with the CSR then with her Supervisor and all that they could share with me was that their “Order Support Team” needed additional information such as my DoB, address, etc.

By now, I am REALLY frustrated. Not only because I had to reach out to them and spend close to 3 hrs of my time, but also because had their Order Support Team bothered to look in my account history they would have seen that I had placed an order for the same item a week ago, shipped and delivered to the same address and was paid for using the same CC without any problems.

All in all, once I provided the additional information “they were able to process the order.” Using the same information that I provided on all three orders today and on the order from last week. Lastly, they were unable, or unwilling, to tell me what caused my order cancellations. WAY TO GO COSTCO.COM. P.S. I know that our membership purchasing history is imperceptible on Costco’s P&L however…

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco?

Original review: April 12, 2019

We order 12 Lifetime tables with a cart from Costco. Order said it would be delivered within 10-15 days. It arrived over 30 days later and a lot of frustration in between. The first delivery company called to schedule delivery. After waiting all day they no showed, then called to rescheduled second time - no show. Then after a day they say order was damaged but would deliver then after no delivery they said they lost order. Costco said they would reorder. Go through waiting process again. The company calls scheduled delivery, make arrangements, delivery truck arrives with only the cart. He says that's it "no" tables. Call Costco and after another week of going back and forth they say, "Oh it looks like the vendor never sent the shipment so we will ask them to send out."

Another week or so finally the shipment arrives. Again this is after between 8 - 10 hours of being on phone with Costco and over 30 days of awaiting for delivery. Costco says, "Ok sorry for your inconvenience but the BEST we can do for you is give you a 10% discount." That was after they originally wanted to give like a 7% discount so they were really advancing their consideration to give 10%. Well, bottom line it was a HUGE HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT the way the whole order was processed, was handled and if you need to place an order for something you need timely I strongly urge you NOT TO ORDER FROM COSTCO BECAUSE YOU WILL ALSO BE GREATLY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: April 10, 2019

On April 9th I went to Costco #1185 in Centerville Ohio. We just moved here and were doing some grocery shopping. As we look at the meats we saw a slab of Pork Belly we like ($27) and went over to ask if they would cut it for us. The meat Manager said all meat is sold as is and no exceptions. Also, if he cut it he would raise the price. I said, “Are you kidding me?”

So he did say I’d have to buy what was already cut but this would generate more servings. I can go to your competitors Sam’s and BJ’s and yes they would cut the meat gladly and not raise the price. I felt he should have been willing to cut the meat and step up to the plate to satisfy a customer. I was so wrong and the Supervisor on duty back him. I was very disappointed and will have to reconsider a membership with Costco’s as Customers are not that important to them.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I received my reward certificate via email February 13th late in the evening. I was leaving the country in few days so decided to swing by before a job interview on the 15th for few items. When I came to pay- there was no reception and Costco has no wifi. Now I went outside and go reception and when came back a nasty cashier said there was a problem and it was used. I said it was not possible as I just received it. Called Citibank and they re-issued the certificate and same problem again. Costco issues fraudulent certificates.

In the meantime I was running to customer service and everyone was either stupid and unhelpful. My wallet was stolen by their employee who claims now that I stole an item. She looked like a ** addict and was a nasty as one can get. Now, they refuse to give me back my membership card (the woman stole my credit card as well) and or respect the certificate. I'm stuck now with their ** merchandise and will have to sue them for damages and fraud. Be aware.... Be very aware and stay away from Costco. They will be out of business soon.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I love to shop at Costco and am willing to drive clear across town to do it. They have happy folks in their workforce - I only gave them a 4 because they are hard to find. They do a great job!

Original review: April 2, 2019

This place is a great place to buy and purchase bulk items. They also have individuals items such as clothing and shoes. Also have furniture optical and photo printings and different member services and programs.

Original review: April 2, 2019

There are staples we purchase at Costco. Their quality is excellent, their prices are very good, sometimes large quantities, and they move products however pretty much you know where to look. The store is always clean, not cluttered, the check stands are fast and customer service is friendly.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Our washer and dryer are getting old and guess what, Costco will not be a place we would consider buying from. We had a very disappointed and unsatisfied experience with our last purchase of a Whirlpool refrigerator. We did not buy extended warranty and the manufacture warranty was two years, and what a timing that the ice maker broke after two years and two months. I contacted Costco, and they did not seem to care. I had never purchased any appliance that would break within the first 4 years.

I have read many reviews about Costco, and many people have also commented about their bad experience with Costco appliances, so I don’t understand why appliances from Costco seem to break easier than other retailers. I have been a long time and loyal customer of Costco, and I live 5 minutes from one, and we basically buy everything from there. This incident has really put a very negative impact of my belief toward Costco as it’s no longer the trustworthy company.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have been a member since the 80's. Prices are better than most other retailers on many of their items. Even though Costco has a large variety of things I buy, they don't carry many things in small quantities. The quality of the products found is high. I have not found any product offered to be substandard.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Costco all around good prices, good quality and great variety! It’s worth driving 60 miles each way to shop at Costco from the cheapest gas prices around to buying large cooked chickens for amazing prices as well as a variety of others services that other big box stores don’t offer and no hassle returns!

Original review: March 31, 2019

The store was clean and neat and the people working there were helpful. Even though there were several people waiting to be checked out the lines moved very well - unlike Walmart where shopping isn't bad but checking out can be a real pain.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I like that Costco has a good choice of organic food, has plenty of samples to eat, the cost is reasonable. Getting cash back at the end of the year helps on the cost of membership. They have a great food court, can’t beat the prices.

Original review: March 29, 2019

New card was supposed to arrive 7-10 business day as stated on their welcome packet; No card has been received; Called Cust Svc, spoke to Dina very rude & rushing to get us off the phone did not even get to advising us the what the procedure for lost card, asked to speak to a Supervisor. Spoke to a Supervisor Jacqueline. Stated that new card typically arrives 12-14 days, contradicting to what the correspondence that was received; she advised me that she will call me back on the 14th day to make sure we've received it. Waited after 14 days, No card, NO CALL. Called CITI again, transferred to fraudulent dept, stated that they will expedite the card & will arrive by FedEx in 2 days; 2 days later, No card! Called Citi again, I've been told that they cannot expedite card & it hasn't even left their bldg. yet. Until now, after almost a month, no card but just all BAD experiences from all of their customer services.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The only problem at Costco is the samples always cause people to stand around the area making it difficult to get through. Otherwise, it’s great for large size items, clothes and gifts. Staff is great. The items they sell are quality and very well priced. Warehouse is very organized and well staffed.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Best store for quality, price and service.... Never have returned anything. Now if they'd only get rid of their membership fee. But despite the membership fee I love this store. I like the fact that no matter what state I visit a Costco store is usually there and the same high standards exist.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I love that Costco actually pays their employees a living wage, they have cheaper prices than other stores on things I want to buy, especially on their dog food (which is good quality and our dogs love) and the savings on that more than pays for our membership. The only thing I would like is if they would have someone there who would be able to load my purchases into my car since it's becoming harder for me to lift really heavy things (like big bags of dog food) myself as I age.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Costco is a great store to buy in bulk for even the individual. They have a wide range of products from food to seasonal items at discounted pricing. If you are a business your hours are extended to accommodate just business partners. Generally their gas is discounted, but waiting lines can be tedious. Their mini food court has pizza by the slice or whole pizza, yogurts and hot dogs and drinks. Pricing is great for moms with kids who are always looking for food.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Best prices, best warranty. If they were closer, I would shop there all of the time. As it is, I shop there as often as I can. Their own brands are usually better than any national brands, and the prices are always outstanding.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Costco recently opened here. We took a tour and compared prices and quantities. The prices were no better than Fareway, Walmart or Hy-Vee. Plus they want you to apply for a credit card to be a member. It's not for us!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Usually find what I need. However they’ve been skimping on the size of their Charmin TP rolls. They have shrunk nearly a 1/2” in width. Keep shrinking the size of rolls, and they will start issuing a piece of string. Note: they rejected an identical review and refused to publish it. They must not want to hear the truth.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Costco has bridged the gap between warehouse store and high end purveyor of particular items. Two that our family enjoy are the Jamon Serrano leg which, even at its most inexpensive (@ $300) is a treat that is seldom found in other box stores and a broad selection of import cheeses that are seldom/never featured in the discount stores like Walmart and Target.

Original review: March 24, 2019

The timing of shopping at Costco is valuable if you want to avoid the heavy traffic. Check-out can be time consuming when the store is very busy. I like the addition of the wine department and fresh seafood departments.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My local Costco has excellent customer service. On my last visit there, I was looking for 4 items that I couldn’t find. I asked at the front desk if the items were in stock and 3 of them were. The Customer Service person then called another person to come and take me to find each item that I has asked about. Apparently there has been some rearranging done at the store. Many stores would have told me the aisle numbers to go look in and sent me only. The person who helped me find my items was very pleasant and didn’t make me feel like an imposition.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I go to Costco a lot. Only thing I don’t like is that they don’t always have the same things I’m used to buying there. Ex- soft scrub. Otherwise, I buy my Kosher meat there. If we have a question the staff is very helpful.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Some of the items are not available the next time I'm at Costco. I wish they would tell when the item will no longer available or that is being discontinued. Still like a hot dog now and then but bring back the Polish.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I like Costco very much. They have many products that are hard to get elsewhere and prices are usually good. The size is sometimes a problem and there are some items I would buy there if offered in a smaller amount. Easy to deal with normally. The one thing I think they could improve on is marketing decisions to cancel items that are a good seller. For example I used to buy all of our ** at Costco, but they discontinued their Kirkland brand, I now buy that item elsewhere.

Costco Company Information