2.6/5 (117 ratings)

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Bed Bath & Beyond it all started when I thought I would order a $279.00 dollar bed on BBB using my wedding registry credit.... turns out somehow my order got connected to a previous customers account (the customer who had been talking to the agent I spoke to, right before me) and seeing as now 2 emails were associated with the order, BBB canceled the order, no biggie right? Except they sent the other customer my refund. Long story short they told me it was my fault that another email was associated with the order as it must of been me who put in the wrong email. That seemed odd to me, because 1, I used my account to order it, and it doesn't let you edit the email when placing an order, and 2, what are the odds I would put in an email of a random customer I've never heard of, that happens to be the customer that spoke to the agent I dealt with, tight before me (I know that, as one of the 7 agents I spoke to accidentally told me that).

Anyway, I asked if they could remove the refund from the other person and give it back to me. Nope, they spent it already. What??? They spent my refund, what do I do now? "Sorry," says BBB agent, "records show we refunded it and you spent it..." Took hours of me begging them to call the number on the new orders that the refund was spent on for them to finally call the other customer and confirm what I was saying. And then the fun began anew. Investigation team will decide in 72 hours, but as an apology here is $50 credit. Hah, 72 hours later the investigation team removed the $50 and my refund? Nowhere to be seen...

I called again and explained the whole story again. Did they believe me? Nope, told me I put in the wrong email, my fault etc. When I threatened to produce the recordings of the other agent admitted what happened they finally refunded me. At this point over 10 hours in I feel at least I should get the $50 I was promised as compensation. Sorry no record... says the agent. I produce the email where they originally sent it. She hangs up on me...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I was trying to place an order for in store pickup but the price that was showing on the product page kept changing when I went to check out. I contacted them about the problem and they sent me a special link to place the order for the price that was showing on the website. Once I was done the order showed it was going to be shipped to me. I asked why I couldn't do the same day delivery or in store pick up and they said there were none in stock within 50 miles of me. That was not true. The delivery date was supposed to be today. When I went to check in the status of the order. It still shows pending. I wanted to see if I could change it to in store pick up but it turns out I can't modify or even cancel the order. I have to wait until it arrives and then return it. It hasn't even shipped yet. So irritating.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I have ordered this product on August 6th and delivery was expected in 3-5 business days. When it passed the deadline I had given another 4 days and waited. Contacted customer service multiple times after my wait and they replaced the order on August 15th and I was told another 3-5 business days for delivery. Now, today is August 24th and I still not have my order. Placed another order (for different products) on August 15th which was expected to receive on August 23rd, again past the delivery date and I still not have order.

I am a Welcome Plus member (paid membership) and not even get option for free deliveries, same day delivery service. I can use 4 times a year same day delivery option, when selected it says, "Delivery not available in your area." For my orders, Contacted customer service, they not even care to call Fedex asking for the reason of delay. They don’t care to meet customer expectations. Never pay for membership. Company is not up-to their promises. I won't be going or ordering anything from them. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I ordered 2 bedding sets from them, and cancelled 1 the same day. I used their Afterpay service they offer, and I'm still being charged for both sets, and it's been almost 2 weeks. I've called BBB several times, and was told today I need to reach out to Afterpay. If that's a service they offer why aren't they reaching out? I'm now being charged for 2 bedding sets and only received 1. Totally unprofessional!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Please Bed, Bath & Beyond...Please provide AMERICANS for American customer service. Or at the very very least gives the foreigners a way to connect an American to an American customer service agent-as does most every large PROFITABLE company. I held for 40 minutes only to be connected with a totally unintelligible foreigner. I'm on the phone again for another 35 minutes... I can only hope and pray that I get an American - this is unconscionable. It's an act of disrespect on this company not to provide Americans with American customer service, provide foreigners with a customer service agent in their language instead of making customers struggle to communicate with the foreigner.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I ordered two items from BB&B. The fulfilment time was extremely slow. It wasn't until a full week after I'd placed my order that it actually shipped. One item was made of cotton cloth, the other made of steel. If it had been just cloth, I can understand a plastic bag. But the metal object had no box. It was sent with NO protective wrapping, just free to slide around inside the thin bag. Well, it got dented and scuffed. And the cloth item ended up with a fabric pull. Not only that, the steel item was the wrong model and wrong color. It was a total disaster.

Dealing with their customer service was like pulling teeth. I waited, waited, waited... and the customer service rep was not knowledgeable. I eventually got a return label. I did send the package back, although I did provide extra protection for the steel item and I applied sticky-notes to annotate the damage. They resend the metal item in a box this time. Promptly, I might add. And I got an email alert for it. But that's it. No cloth item. Not only that, but the BB&B website for accounts shows no returns. It doesn't even indicate the status of the previous order having been returned. It's as if no return occurred. When I contacted customer service, they told me the return was just for the metal item. But the return I made was for both, and the packing slip shows both items. I was told the cloth item will be shipping soon. Days go by... nothing. No email alert. No indication of a tracking number. ***No status***.

I had to contact BB&B again. This time I got a different person who was eager to help me. And she authorized the return cloth item to be shipped. Essentially, what that meant, is that the last people I dealt with had lied to me. Nothing was happening. It was the last customer agent who finally helped me. What a horribly unnecessarily wasteful experience. BB&B must've spent far more in customer service time than the value of the items. This is not a business model that can continue. No wondering BB&B stores are closing up.

Original review: July 29, 2022

There is a Hispanic manager today 07.28.2022, that was disrespectful rude beyond imagination. Me and my husband came at 7.58pm looking for a pitcher and as soon as we came in she said, yelling, excuse me! We are closed, that’s why the door is closed! And my husband replied, it’s 7.58pm. We just need one thing. She said "WOW!" in a super loud voice and went to slam the glass door super loud and hard to where everyone checking out turned their heads because of the scene she was causing. We looked for 2 min and couldn’t find what we were looking for and she chased us yelling, "Are you done?" We ignored her, "Are you done?" So I turned as said, "Why are you so rude?" I asked for the manager as she said she was the manager. I said that is surprised based on your behavior. We asked for the pitcher that we were looking for and before I even finished bushed the sentences, she talked over me and said “we don’t have it”.

I am surprised on how she represented your brand and your store and a manager. I am not only super frustrated with the way I was treated but alarmed that someone would hire a manager like that. We have been going to Bed Bath and Beyond for a long time and never had an experience like that. It will for sure not be our choice in the future.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I bought an ice maker from Bed Bath & Beyond, made by Costway on 05/27/2022. It made ice for twelve days and then stopped working. I spent a week trying to get Bed Bath & Beyond and Costway to send me a return shipping label and a refund. They sent me a shipping label but I never received a refund. It looks like Bed Bath & Beyond is going bankrupt and telling their customers to go fly a kite! In other words they cheated me! Do not buy anything from Bed Bath & Beyond, they will steal your money and leave you with nothing!

Original review: July 18, 2022

I ordered an air mattress with guaranteed same day delivery. The item did not arrive so I had to run to walmart late that night to buy a different one for my guest. The delivery driver called me the next day wanting to delivery the bed. I told him I was no longer interested and that it was supposed to be delivered the previous day. A month later and I have still to receive a refund. I purchased the item through Paypal and filed a dispute with them. To my dismay, this company responded to the dispute and it was closed in the merchant's favor! So, I didn't get the bed and I didn't get my money refunded! I suspect the third party delivery person never returned it which I have absolutely no control over. I WILL get my money back one way or another. I am filing a police report in the morning. This company SUCKS. I will NEVER order anything from them again!

Original review: July 9, 2022

Nowhere on my receipt or the product does it say you can’t return orange ticket items or I never would have purchased them, this is the 2nd time I’ve had issues with returning items to this company so going forward I’ll shop everything!!

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information