2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (1149 ratings)

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I have experienced this problem multiple times with Bed Bath & Beyond, and have expressed my frustration to them each time -- but nothing changes. When I return an item, I expect my refund in 1 - 2 days. Every other retailer -- Walmart, Target, CVS, Home Depot, etc. -- refunds my money back into my bank or onto my credit card in 1 - 2 days. Not BB&B. Three to five days, or even longer. They have their item back AND they still have my money. This is not standard practice for the industry. Shame on you, BB&B.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Bed Bath & Beyond has delayed my shipping twice. When I spoke with the customer representative for the first time, it was suggested the best way to get my order on the day I need was to cancel my current order and place a new one to pick it up at a store near me. I placed a new order to pick it up at a store; however, my original order was never canceled. I received a second email saying my original order is being delayed. I called Bed Bath & Beyond which the representative says this time the order can only be canceled after 30 minutes of placing it. It is unacceptable that a store the size of Bed Bath & Beyond does not have a better system in place. If my item has never been shipped it should be an easy fix for them to do.

My item does not have a shipping label and a tracking number, which means it is still in their facility, it should be a no-brainer to cancel it; however, the representative and the supervisor states that cancelation can only be done within 30 minutes. That's why Bed Bath & Beyond is closing so many stores. This business will not survive treating customers this way. Congratulations, you just lost one more customer!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

When I think about the thousands and thousands of $$$ I spent in their local store over the years... now with the pandemic and having become elderly and ill, all purchases are online. Well, I purchased a set of Oxo bowls which were featured in their catalog. When I took them out of the box, they were much too heavy for me. Put them right back in the box, taped it up and my son took to the UPS/FedEx store for immediate return -- UNUSED. Their policy is refund to the original method of payment, which is my BB&B charge account. Lo and behold, I received a merchandise gift card for $68 in the mail from them.

Phoned repeatedly, wasted three hours arguing with them and got nowhere -- I mean NOWHERE. No help whatsoever - just a pleasant bit of advice from the CSR in some remote country, I should be glad to be able to use the card to purchase more merchandise. When I stated I did not need anything else - I'd gone ahead and ordered a much lighter weight set directly from OXO, and wanted credit on my charge account, in accordance with their return policy, no response. I pledge here and now to never give them another dime of my money. I've since filed a dispute with the bank - we'll see if they make good by upholding their return policy - I doubt it. A terrible company - stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

My product was more than eight days late, and has been sitting in Indiana indefinitely. I had to be the one to contact them to initiate a return or replacement. This company made me feel invisible. They truly won't do anything to help you if something goes wrong.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I ordered a vacuum $200. They delivered it to the wrong address. My neighbour's. I went outside right away when I received their tracking **. It was delivered. I gave 1 star 5 times. No vacuum outside. No package outside. I asked my neighbour if they received a package and they said no way. They would have given it to me. They know my name. I called Bed Bath and Beyond and they gave me the run around and said, "Go ask your neighbours." I did. I also sent emails asking for a signature or a picture of the package outside the door they delivered it to. Guess what? Because of Covid they have neither!!! I am out $200 and a vacuum. I work retail also and we do not treat customers this way at all. Thanks for nothing bed bath and beyond. I will never ever go into the store again. Their reviews are all right so BUYER BEWARE when you shop here.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I first tried to order some champagne glasses. They appeared to be in stock, until I put them in the cart. I signed up to get a back in stock notification on Aug. 6th. I did receive one on Aug. 17th. I ordered the glasses and used my 20% off coupon that I get all time. My delivery was between 8/24 - 8/25. On 8/18 I get a notification that my delivery was running behind and the new date was 8/25 - 8/26. Today on 8/20 I get a notification "Unfortunately we're not able to fulfill part of your order" and they canceled my order. This is really annoying as I was expecting these glasses for a party. I guess I will go ahead and buy them from another website, which I was going to in the first place. This is not the first time I've had this type of problem with BB&B.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Bought from clearance. Great prices on bedding but poor quality. Washed from recommended instructions. One wash, two shams and came apart at the seems. Washed one time on delicate cycle. 3 piece set. One quilted bedspread and 2 shams.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I ordered a onesie for my grandson. A couple of days later I received a notification that it had been shipped. Two days later, it still showed that it had not been sent to a carrier so I called them. They told me it was out of stock and they would refund my money. Why in the world would they tell me something shipped when they didn't actually have it in stock? That's unethical and should be illegal. It seems like every time I try to orders something, I get an out of stock when I go to checkout. While I understand there are shortages due to COVID, be honest about it and tell me it's out of stock before I put it in my cart.

Last January, I bought Spode christmas handtowels on their site. They shipped my dinner napkins. I called and they said they would replace it. They sent me more napkins. Apparently, they don't know the difference between a hand towel and a dinner napkin either. I bought my DIL a Beyond Plus membership for Christmas. We had some family issues and the membership never came up until we were talking in June. We discovered that she had never received the email for the membership. They had no problem taking my money but the email follow through was a bridge too far. The shirt was the last straw. I hate being lied to and Bed Bath and Beyond makes a habit of lying to customers. I won't give them the opportunity to lie to me again.

Original review: July 22, 2021

The last few online orders I placed with BBB have been a disaster. Defective merchandise arrives that never should have passed quality control, packages arrive late or not at all, etc. This company used to have much higher standards; now I think you can get better service from a vending machine. SHAME ON THEM!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Ordered item 6/19/21. Bed Bath tracking says it's in my town on 6/21. 7/1, not yet delivered. USPS tracking says pkg in Atlanta waiting pickup. Cust service: oops, must be lost. Re-ordered 7/1. It's 7/8, again USPS says pkg in Atlanta waiting pickup. Soooo messed up! Cust serv is gushy-sweet, but can't tell me where, why, how, when. I quit.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information