3.56/5

336 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We recently bought a fryer Oven (Phillips) a Humidifier BOn O Air and a Braun S9 razor at the Reisterstown MD store. Mr. ** and Mrs. ** gave us perfect professional and courteous advice selecting the products. We also joined the "Club" at $29 giving a 20% discount for 12 months. That just took a few minutes. We highly recommend Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am very happy with the placemats, napkin rings and cloth napkins that I ordered. My order arrived within 10 days and I was pleased with the quality. The colors were exactly as depicted on my computer screen. I know these were Chinese imports, but I feel that the price and quality were reasonable.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have gone twice to Oakland store to buy curtains. Candace ** helped me both times. She spent the time with me to make sure I bought what I needed giving me tips about measurements. Her communication skills were clear and concise and she made me feel like I was talking to a friend. She is the kind of employee all the stores should have and should be recognized (a bonus would be nice $).

Original review: June 14, 2019

What happened to helpful and friendly customer service? I drove from the High Country 1 1/2 hours to the Scottsdale location for my monthly shopping spree. I was returning 2 items and Adrian was either inexperienced or new on the job which would be understandable and easy to work with but the attitude? Not necessary at all. I'll think twice before spending almost $500.00 worth of product again at that location.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The problem is that BBB uses FedEx to complete their online deliveries. On two separate orders, FedEx claimed they attempted delivery but the delivery was never attempted. On both occasions I had to have the item returned to BBB because of FedEx's incompetence. The problem is. BBB will not issue a refund until they receive the item back which is completely unfair to the customer. I cannot order from BBB online because I will never get the item. On this occasion, I was home, saw the FedEx truck stop on the street, immediately went out to greet him, only to be left breathing exhaust fumes as he drove away. I told this to BBB but they don't care at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: May 18, 2019

We were a very loyal customers of Bed And Bath. No more. We order 2 products by phone, $ 600 value. We paid by CC. We’ve been told they will get to us between May 16 to 21. We came back home from a business trip on May 15 & check the status of our orders. It indicate that it was DELIVERED (Left by the front Door) 2 Huge boxes, on May 14. We called immediately to customer service & explained all the above. The girl even claim that’s it’s our fault that it was lost, since we never requested a delivery with a signature, but she will submit a request to investigate.

After 3 days we got an email from BB that since it’s a big amount of money, we need to submit a police report (they lost it, but we need to look for it). Really. We went to local police station, but been told, since it’s NOT our package (The sender he’s the owner) we can’t submit a police report. We called BB, and explained the issue & we are not happy from the status we are at, the girl was nice and agree with us & put us on hold. After 10 min. she came back & been told to tell us, that without the police report they CAN NOT continue INVESTIGATE, not re-ship to us, but the ability to investigate. Really???

Dear Bed and Bath. I do NOT work for you, & I will not go to make any police report or, call you guys again. As much it’s a big amount for you, it’s also a big amount for me. You sent a package that we never got, you are responsible for it. Re-ship it. We already went to small court + made a dispute with AMEX!!!! You lost one your loyal customer for years. EVER buy again with you guys!!! Shame on you!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2019

Not helpful, racist to Muslim people or they found you have different accent they change, talking rude, I make sure me and all my family never support this company for being bad to other. Also they not friendly with kids. Horrible place. Bad experience.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I used to shop at BBB a lot but now when I go there I rarely leave with anything. I feel that BBB needs to change their product lineup to be more upscale or different than other stores in areas that they can be. A few years back I bought wooden beach chairs there. Love them and they are hard to find anywhere so I checked to see if they still offered them. Nope- just the usual array of stuff I can find anywhere. Nothing unique to pull me in. This is just one item that BBB could be different from the pack. I think BBB needs to look at those areas and change things up. I need to see some uniqueness at BBB so I'm buying their stuff instead of shopping at Costco or where ever else everyone shops.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Purchased a three piece patio set. Cost over six hundred dollars. Two chairs and small table. One chair badly damaged. Was told to reach out to manufacturer. They told me they would send parts. Proceeded to put other to pieces together. A few days later was told they did not have parts. BBB gave me one hundred dollars. That is all they felt the one large swivel chair was worth. Depreciated worse than a car driven off the car lot. Beware of purchasing anything from BBB.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I ordered a wedding gift on a Sunday, to be shipped to the bride. On Monday I received a shipping confirmation my order was shipped. On Friday I received an email. The bulk of my order was cancelled because of out of stock. I called customer service. Wanted the whole order canceled. Was told the lesser item was delivered on Wednesday, did NOT get a confirmation on that. All they could say was sorry. I will never shop with Bed Bath & Beyond again, this was my first experience and my last. I did find the exact item on Amazon, will continue my shopping with Amazon.

Original review: May 2, 2019

While I think the products provided are exceptional, Bed, Bath and Beyond’s (BBB) new polices are just not up to par with others in the industry. I recently purchased a bath set that was sent by mistake to an old address. I quickly realized my mistake, but the product had already been delivered. During the first call I made, the representative assured me that I would be provided with replacements. She spoke with her manager and then told me BBB’s policies had changed and the only way I would be provided with replacements is if I/they were able to get the original items from the incorrect address, spoiler: they weren’t.

The entire process was a hassle and required me calling for updates. They were not responsive and did not reach out to me. It was always me doing the legwork. While I understand the policy from a business standpoint, it does nothing for customer satisfaction. There are other companies with much more customer friendly policies that will have my business moving forward.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I had ordered a dinnerware set and the label was created for shipping. I checked everyday for a week to check shipping progress. Every time I had checked it was still in the label process and never shipped. They cancelled my order and redid my order. Then I get notified they cancelled it because they’re out of stock now. What a joke!!! If my order was sent out in the first place they wouldn’t be out of stock. Probably why the place might be shutting down! So many bad reviews and customer service. Very unprofessional.

Original review: April 30, 2019

According to FedEx tracking data, it has taken six full days from the time my order was placed for the item to travel 46 miles. Only 2,136 miles to my home - serious doubts that I will ever see it. In any case, I won't be shopping at BBY again. Forget free shipping - maybe they should try for free delivery.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I visited the BB&B Northpointe Plaza store in Lewis Center, OH 2/14/2019 and again 4/27/2019. Both times I was bombarded by crazed saleswomen asking me a thousand questions at once, sticking sample fragrances in my nose and following me around the store harassing me to try different products. The first visit I gave the saleswomen the benefit of a doubt-it was Valentine's Day, maybe they had a sales quota to meet. But I was very upset when I left. I visited the store again to purchase ONE ITEM-and again was literally chased around the store by nutcase saleswomen. BB&B you just lost a customer. RETHINK your approach in your brick and mortar stores and RETRAIN your sales associates.

Original review: April 26, 2019

There was an issue with the delivery and after several phone calls over the last 3 weeks I'm no further ahead with a resolve than I was when I first called. They say they are investigating the issue but they just confirmed that there is no investigation and that I'm out the money I paid for the items. It was an $85 lesson that now I see why the store is closing. I have plenty of other places to frequent. I guess they don't care because people still go and purchase overpriced merchandise.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Today I received an email for membership renewal for over 31.00. I immediately called and asked to cancel. I was told I cannot cancel. I must have gone into my account and searched and found the one place to click Do Not Auto Renew. I had no idea I was even signed up for automatic renewal!!! I told customer service the membership was "being processed" so why can't I cancel now. He said I am forced to accept one more year and they will cancel next year. This is total BS!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I ordered gift for my niece's wedding shower! It was ordered on the 12th of April, when I didn't receive it by the 20th I called the customer service number where I was told that a shipping label was made for FedEx but the item was never picked up! She then said they would express the item to me and that I would receive an email! Well I never got the email so on April 23rd I called customer service again where I was now told that they reordered it on the 21st and it would be at least 4 days before they would mail it! This is absolutely ridiculous! The shower is the 27th and at this point it looks like I won't have a gift to bring! I could have ordered something from China and got it sooner! I have also sent them text messages and email with no reply! They are very unreliable! And care nothing about customer service!

Original review: April 8, 2019

We've been buying sheets from BB&B for many years. They change brands from time to time and currently we are buying Wamsutta sheets. This might be when we started having problems with the length and width but not 100% sure. We purchase Dream Zone 750 thread count PimaCot Sheet Sets and have had to take several back. The flat sheets currently show they should be 116" W x 99" L but use to show 102". 102" they're not but maybe they're 99".

Even worse the manager on duty rudely told me if we have had more than one set that was like that more than likely this wouldn't be the last. I couldn't believe what came out of his mouth. I assume he would have said he would get with his corporate office/buyers and let them know they're having problem with these sheets. We decided to purchase the 1000 count but same thing the width was really bad. I would think purchasing sheets for $200 and that's with a 20% off coupon this wouldn't be the case. I have recently purchased a set from Kohl's and bingo right on the money, 106 length and 112 width. We can keep our sheets tucked in without using a blanket. Now to find a comforter that fits as well.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We visited a store in Edgewater NJ on April 2, 2019 to buy a part for coffee maker. Couldn’t find an assistant, it was 3pm, there was no customers in the store and finally when I found a salesperson and asked for help she said that they don’t sale the parts and we have to order it online and run away from us before we asked more questions. It was very rude and unprofessional...

Original review: April 1, 2019

I CAME INTO YOUR STORE ON 3/29/19, Columbia station, 930am to return a candle. THE YOUNG LADY AT THE COUNTER WAS POLITE. But Ms. ** was very rude and nasty. I TOLD HER I had no receipt. She never gave me the option of looking it up by card. Her words was "give her a store card minus 20%." I then told her, "you are just going to assume, and never giving me the option of credit card look up." Very nasty verbal tone. I can IF YOU WANT. I told, "her never mind I need to leave for work". My other co/worker said she is always rude. I will continue with Amazon, will not spend my money and be treated rude.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Too many shady activities by this company to go over all they pulled in recent years. They sold us a robotic vacuum that turned out to be used even though we bought a BRAND new one, for example. Their most recent poor service had a woman (Ebony) checking why an item that I was confirmed was coming was not even shipped days after the online sale. She said she would e-mail me back and follow through to get me an answer but never did.

I was misled when I called back again after not hearing back from Ebony. Lorraine told me the item was out-of-stock. I researched and found it in California. After I found it, I contacted Lorraine again, and I was told it WAS available in USA but as a Canadian I could not get it. I bought it online at their Canadian site and it showed available when I did so. Worse yet, they were STEALING my funds. They removed my gift card funds to pay for the item and only because I called twice am I getting my money back. They were keeping it. They did NOT notify me the item is out-of-stock. They put my funds back only when I said they will not get away with keeping my money when nothing was sent.

When I complained to the corporate customer service manager Munraj, instead of helping me, he said future orders of mine will be cancelled. He now is trying to cheat me by not giving me my Canadian gift card value in $ Canadian dollars. He wants ME to suffer for exchange rate fluctuations. Gene (Eugene) Castagna, the president, could not care less about their customers. I wrote a heartfelt message to him, only to have it passed back to Munraj. Poor management and they do not care about longtime customers.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Today on March 18th, 2019 I bought Some Royal Danish cookies at the Arboretum, NC location. They’re on clearance and have been for quite some time (2) for $15.00 or $9.00 dollars each. There were only three left on the shelf so I took all three. When I got to the register, I told the cashier that these cookies are on clearance (2) for $15.00 or $9.00 each. I explained that there were only (3) tins left, so please can I have the third at $7.50? She said of course and began ringing me up. The first (2) rang up at $15.00 but the 3rd one rang up at $9.00 dollars. She did not know how to change it to $7.50 so she called over the manager.

The manager (Craig) is ** and said you only have (3) so the 3rd one is $9.00. I told him to please get me another (1) to make it an (4) so I can get the clearance price. He said that’s all we have. So I said then I should get the clearance price for your last one. He said “no it’s $9.00 dollars” and walked away. Now normally I wouldn’t be writing this type of review, but this is the second time that I’ve been discriminated against by this same manager (Craig) in this store. I can’t believe that Bed Bath and Beyond is receiving this email and a scathing Google review over $1.50. Also, my family & I will never shop there again as we do not like being the subjects of discrimination. Jordan.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I visit the Bed Bath & Beyond in Mays Landing, New Jersey yesterday for a pleasant shopping trip where I spent a few hundred dollars. My sister is the manager of Bed Bath & Beyond in Brooklyn, New York. I am on her shopping buddy pass so I get 20% off my entire purchase for the whole year because I am her friend and family. She use her discount anyway. As I tried to explain to the young lady to look me up or to allow me to call my sister so I can get the coupon she refused so I Use the coupons that I already had in my bag. She refused to use the ones that were bent. I asked if she can just simply type in the number. She reviews once. I alerted her that I was going to contact my sister and upper management. She then decided to tell me to come back with different people and then she will help.

The customer service was very bad. She didn’t provide a noticeably better experience. I will never shop there again. After all the money that I spend I would know that I will be treated with just a little bit more humility. It was a overall Harwoods brain management. Never show. I will never show up again. That was my last Time ever coming. She didn’t have on a name tag but she has a number on receipts ** employees number. Store 1315 Maysland New Jersey 190 Hamilton Commons Square.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered a bedding set online and after 4 days, the order was still being processed. I emailed customer service and got no answer. I even reached out to them on Twitter and they said that my order would be shipped from the manufacturer. The rep said he had reached out and asked them to contact him. Two days passed and I heard nothing. Now I have to start what I expect to be a long process to get my money back. I will NEVER order from here again. Out $400 and nothing to show for it.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have noticed little to no coupons mailed to me, after being bombarded with them for yrs. BB&B we got used to using your coupons and will not shop with you if you take away the reason for shopping with you!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Went into the Bed Bath and Beyond store in Tyler TX. I actually ran in to see if they had the color bedding and curtains I was wanting so I left my purse in the car but I took my wallet. As I walked through the store trying to make up my mind on which pair of curtains I wanted I saw a sales associate watching me as if I was going to steal something. The female ** associate walked by me a few more times not offering assistance but just keep a eye on me. I finally decided to go by the bathroom items just to see if she would follow.

Next thing I know she signals for some man and I read his lips as he ask who is it. She nodded at me then the man looked at me and said, "Oh ok. I guess they assumed I was a shoplifter since I had no purse, was wrapped in a large cloak, and was **." I politely put the curtains back and went to another store for my items. I wondered if it was a older ** lady shopping with no purse, a large cloak on just browsing would she have been treated the same.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We ordered a $500 treadmill online. We did not receive the treadmill nor any form of communication after the initial confirmation of the sale. When we called customer service, they had no answers about where our treadmill was. Instead of supporting us, they had US call 2 of their outsourced shipping companies and Icon Fitness, who makes the treadmill. Having bought this product through Bed Bath and Beyond, I never expected to work with 4 different companies' customer service departments to solve this mystery. We have spent countless hours on the phone. It has been a month since we bought the product and we have had no movement on this issue, including any form of compensation or refund.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The dinnerware I selected for my bridal registry was a complete disaster. I had a total of 3 sets on my registry. I received one set at a bridal party. After that I received many questions about how to get the dinnerware because they cannot get it in store or online. I went to the store and after waiting to get answers and taking a huge chunk of my day to do this, they tell me that they’ve been discontinued. They gave me a refund and I selected new dishes. These new dishes I selected had to be shipped. I finally got the box after using paper plates for over a month and there was quite a few pieces of the dinnerware that were completely shattered. It was very poor packaging for such a breakable item. So I had to get on the phone and call to get some of the pieces replaced. They sent me another box. Everything inside was shattered because there was nothing in the box to protect the dishes.

I once again had to call and tell them what happened. I was still calm. The phone calls took forever! I got another box sent with half the dishes... Still don’t have a full set of my dishes and honestly it’s been 8 months into my marriage and I just don’t have the time or energy to fight on the phone with these people. Complete disaster. Not a very good wedding gift Bed Bath and Beyond!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My shopping experience at the Middletown Bed Bath and Beyond on Rt.35 North in the same plaza as Applebees and Chuck E Cheese. I returned a gift (vacuum cleaner) and received store credit on a gift card. It was late and the store is so huge that I decided to save my gift card and shop another day. Today (2/20/19) I decided to go use the gift card to buy my son a birthday gift.

As I am looking around getting lost in the world of shopping, My boyfriend and I noticed a lot of employees standing around, weird stares and that we were approached with "help" once then being followed around the store. Later approached again by same person whom I decided to fill in on what I needed to see how much she could help me hoping not to miss any cool things or good sales. She was helpful to what she thought would be good to gift someone but she wasn't knowledgeable on how to use the store gift card nor was she focused on the customers needs, she only helped because she thought we were stealing so wasn't able to focus on recommending many other items the store offered which I found while browsing.

As a former retail store assistant manager I realized we did fit the description of what to look for when scoping out shoplifters. We were hovering around possibly high theft areas (reading trying to choose the right gift in the budget). We are ** wearing dark colors mostly black fully dressed in coats and hoodies due to the snowstorm. I do understand that I can actually see where this store lacks security if at all there's even a high rate of shrinkage there. The store is so big there's so much in store!!

I am into Home and Fashion designing, I could be in there all day! Reminds me of how I used to always shop in the Shrewsbury Bed Bath and Beyond years ago. I'd go back and spend all my money there. Today I almost caught a shopping habit at the Middletown store but It was just so unpleasant being stereotyped in plain sight, to feel so uncomfortable shopping with those vibes even other customers aware, I have money I come from it! I work hard and earn what I need. I don't ever steal! I have alot to live for and I have morals as well as a future and children with futures ahead. I'll never go there again. I couldn't wait to spend everything off that store card and go spend my Cash elsewhere. I can't imagine if they actually thought I stole and embarrassed me and my mentally disabled boyfriend. Oh well Thanks for saving my money!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was appalled when I got not one but two emails to two different accounts about how my pillows I purchased a year ago now might have mites and it was time to purchase new ones. These were two Euro Pillow inserts. I purchased them at the store and did not give either of my email addresses. I wrote them an email and got a generic response saying "We acknowledge that this matter is in no way acceptable, and we would like to emphasize that this is certainly not the customer experience Bed Bath & Beyond/Buy Buy Baby intends to provide to any customer." BS with that. I won't shop there anymore. AND you can't say I must be the only one this has happened to.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information