1.40/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

271 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered a mini fridge for my daughter who is going away to college - 2 weeks now and no fridge. Shipping label was created and no updates. I have been on the phone with customer service for 4 days - I finally asked for a refund. I called back again today and still no refund was put in. So upset. They charged my card without a problem and now that I am trying to get my refund back they are telling me I have to wait 7-14 days - completely ridiculous!!! I will NEVER do business with them again. Amazon rocks!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Okay first of all I would like separate my Bed Bath & Beyond in store GOOD experience from what's happening to me right now when I just purchased this TV stand ONLINE, the purchase was made on July the 17th, they gave me an estimated delivery between the 24th and the 27th of July (10 days!!!). On July 23, the status didnt change from processed to shipped, so I have to call them several times, what they keep telling is, "Don't worry. Everything is fine". On July 25th still they didn't ship it yet... I had to call and request to speak with the manager 3 times in order for them to email the manufacturer to ship my item, they created fake shipping labels.

Now FedEx finally received my item and it's moving. But guess what? The estimated delivery day is July the 31!!! (Remember the item is purchased on July 17th!). Now I have to beg my neighbor to receive my item 'cause I won't be here. Really really really terrible experience. Plus Bed Bath & Beyond never apologized, never offered any remedies. NOTHING. I will NEVER EVER buy anything at Bed Bath & Beyond online NEVER AGAIN. God bless Amazon.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My first purchase at Bed Bath & Beyond was for two towels which just arrived today. They were shipped in one of those plastic sacks which popped open at a seam during shipping, and the bag the towel was in split as well. I've purchased towels online from four other stores and they never came in flimsy bags. FedEx attempted to fix the problem by taping the bag, but they actually just got tape on the towel, which arrived snagged and ripped underneath all the tape. I attempted to email BB&B but their webform was broken. I went to chat and was told I'd have to pay to return the towel for an exchange. NOPE. Will not be buying from them again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have gone twice to Oakland store to buy curtains. Candace ** helped me both times. She spent the time with me to make sure I bought what I needed giving me tips about measurements. Her communication skills were clear and concise and she made me feel like I was talking to a friend. She is the kind of employee all the stores should have and should be recognized (a bonus would be nice $).

Resolution response: July 14, 2018

Company resolved issue.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I ordered three barstools online. They arrived and had inadequate instructions on how to put together so I returned them. FedEx only returned one of the barstools, so Bed Bath & Beyond will not refund me the money for the other two. I've put in a complaint to my credit card company, but am frustrated that BB&B won't contest this issue with FedEx yet instead makes it a customer problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: June 29, 2018

I recently ordered in inexpensive Oklahoma state coffee mug from Bed Bath & Beyond. So of course they sent a Nevada state mug. In order for them to send the correct mug, I must box up the incorrect mug and sent it back and pay for the shipping or drive to a store to have them do it. This, of course, is not going to happen for an item costing less than $10.00. I will just have to get the mug from somewhere else or take a chance on Bed Bath & Beyond again. This is not a big deal, but it is totally irritating and indicative of how incompetent most on-line retailers are. It seems Amazon is the only competent outfit out there. Purchasing from this company was a bad experience. From now on I stick with Amazon.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Customers are invisible - you cannot be seen - I went to the local, Perimeter Store, GA, which is near me. I wandered the store for about 15 minutes and finally left - there were no live employees on the merchandise floor. How much would it cost to have at least one employee circulate on the floor to assist customers? Put this store at the top of my list to not shop at.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The BBB stores discriminate against people of color and those over 60 years of age. After receiving a complaint from an employee in my office regarding her treatment after she had a box of merchandise dropped on her by one of her supervisors this BBB employee received constant harassment by the supervisor. I encouraged the employee to call the HR representative at corporate to find out what to do. She, Jill **, instructed the employee to call the local HR person. He, John, came to the store and along with the store mgr, Maggie, interrogated the employee for an hour. After which they accused her of lying about her accident and gave her a warning. The local HR and Mgr are young people in their 30's and the supervisor is also young. They are all racially **.

The employee is Asian and over 65. All of her fellow employees admire her work ethic and praise her for her commitment to work. Many people have ended their employment at this store in Sugar Land because it is manage so poorly. I strongly ask that you carefully consider if you want to support an enterprise that targets older people to meet EEOC requirements at hiring times only to seek out ways to terminate them afterwards. Be creative and find ways to send a strong message to this store in Sugar Land to end their racial and age discrimination.

Original review: June 4, 2018

On the floor there is advertisement saying that if you buy 3 items you will get 3 free. Not true. You have to pay for all items. Free should mean free and not be charged for the free items. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Very recently I ordered a popcorn maker for my girlfriend who is suffering at home with cancer and her chemo treatments. With the online order I was given an option to include a note, which I did. In the note I explained why I was sending her the gift, and I wrote that she would "surely enjoy it for years and years to come". However, my note was NEVER INCLUDED in the box, and at the very least, it wasn't on the packing slip. That's seriously horrible. Also, Bed Bath & Beyond sent me an email when it was supposedly delivered, but in actuality the package wasn't delivered for another 6 days. What's going on at Bed Bath & Beyond? Is good help that hard to find? Needless to say, I WON'T be sending anyone any more gifts from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bed Bath & Beyond is the worst online ordering experience I have ever had! Over 3 weeks ago I ordered 9 products. I received 1 of the products at 5 days and 1 of the products at 8 days. I have yet to receive the remaining 7 items. I have emailed customer service once and called 3 times and the situation has yet to be corrected. They now have sent 1 item 5 times which they tell me I will need to return to them when they arrive. In addition, they have charged me for some items one than once. On this last call, I requested to speak to a manager and they said they were too busy to talk to me. I will NEVER order from Bed Bath and Beyond again!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Two plus weeks for your order to arrive, way too long of a wait. I've been in my new apt a week now and I'm still waiting for my order of shower curtains. I'm about to go buy one at Walmart so I can take a freaking shower.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought a product online on sale but did not get to use it right away. When I did get around to trying it, it didn't seem to work properly so I tried it another time and it still did not work properly. In the meantime we had a family emergency and probably 2 months had lapsed before I could do anything about it. I took it to the closest Bed, Bath, and Beyond but found out they did not carry it in the store. To my surprise and delight, they cheerfully reordered it online for me, making sure I got the same sale price, discounts and free shipping I had the first time. They have always been a reputable place to shop in my opinion, but that was just the icing on the cake for me.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I ordered 92.00 worth of Lenox dinnerware. I thought I had ordered 3 sets of 4 comets settings. I went to check on my order and saw that a few people who had ordered the set warned that each order is one four piece setting. The site wasn't clear about that. I ordered 4 more sets because it was a gift. Then saw an online ad that said order 200.00 worth of Lenox, get a 25.00 gift card. I contacted customer service and they said, "No. It has to be in a single purchase." They suck.

Original review: April 30, 2018

BB&B customer service lied in order to get me to purchase the Beyond + service. Prior to placing an order I was told that I had to buy the service first, which was charged to my new BB&B charge card, then I could place my order and the charge card would automatically be available on my account to use for my new order, but it was not there. Another CS Rep, Thomas, initially told me that I had to place my order within 2 hours in order to be able to use the card. I told him I tried to do this within 5 minutes, numerous times. Then he changed his story and told me that because I bought the service first, using my new card, I was not allowed to use the card to place my order. None of this made any sense and appears to be a scam. Also, the Beyond+ membership is supposed to deduct 20% from the entire order, but there are so many restrictions, that it turns out to be a better discount using the single item coupons.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Second time to has happen, takes 2 weeks to get anything from them, get like Amazon, Walmart and get them out. No one wants to wait 2-3 weeks for items. What a terrible company as they have you do all this bank security and other crap and why you never get products. Stop online orders!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Placed an Order early March, found out when no charges on Visa the order was not fulfilled, no notification by Bed Bath to any of my contact info. Called April 3 inquiring why they canceled the order, they say payment - I contact Paypal - a charge from BBB was never attempted. Have them replace the order but this time I will not have coupon codes to use (which I believe is why BBB cancelled the order the first time was to get out of using the coupons), I explain that birthing will be on X-date and can they get it there on time, no problem they say and give me their work extension and email, I check daily for the next three days online and by phone, assured the order will be filled. The third day I have no response to the email I sent day before nor this morning.

I call back and ask for a manager, told there are none available, I reply I'll hold till they find one (which I'm sure I'm just on hold with nothing being done), response sometime later is there are no managers. That day after numerous calls one person says that order/shipping has left messages for me (not) regarding an issue and give me a different number to call, you get a message stating to leave order number, etc. and they will return your call within 24-48 hours (that was three days ago, and of course nobody calls). I cancelled the order, called local Target and got a nice person to check the shelves before tagging friends to help me get there, they physically checked the shelves to confirm items there, I got a ride and bought what I needed, got another ride Sunday a few hours into another State and delivered the items needed for the birthing the next day.

I do not expect to ever hear from them regarding the issue with the order because the second try I gave them a visa number, and as with all bills, has a zero balance. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE FOR BBB TO NOT NOTIFY BY BOTH EMAIL AND PHONE WHY THEY CANCEL ORDERS ON THEIR END. There is zero excuse that when a customer calls there are no notes a representative can access or notes online a customer can see explaining why an order is canceled or suspended on their end. My guess, they either are or preparing to file chapter 11 or similar fate - if not - their business practice certainly will intentionally lead them to close.

Oh, I forgot to mention that their online web stated items were available in local store, went there before going to Target and naturally (as I have experienced before) item is not in that store. Thank You staff at Target for helping me physically collect, checkout, load car with needed birthing items. Thank You friends and family that put your needs on hold to aid me in getting those birthing items to the center before today's birthing. Bed Bath & Beyond has problems, I would not purchase anything expecting long warranty availability, as from decades of experience, I sense they are on last legs, the pattern fits other businesses that have folded.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Spoke with Najla - that the 2 items in my cart were showing 1-2 business shipping. At check out the 2 items were now showing 10 days shipping. She told me that the 1-2 business days is just order processing. If that is true, then why mislead the customer in showing the items only take 1-2 business days shipping instead of showing 1-2 days Processing? SECONDLY I stated that I had signed up for the 20% discount and it has been over a week and I still have not received any coupon. Her response was just that I’m sorry. I also never proceeded with the checkout, as I did not want to wait 10 days for the items to arrive. I then get a email from BB&B thanking me for my purchase! WTF...will be return the item ASAP.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Ordered a new duvet cover and sheet set on two different orders (two offers) online. Duvet cover came immediately, sheet set has a UPS tracking number and is "ready to go". Called customer service twice and all they can do is email the warehouse. Told them to forget it and cancel/refund my order. Can't do that - have to email the warehouse. HORRIBLE e-tailer. I can get these same sheets on Amazon for 40% more (not sure why the price hike), so I guess I'll have to break down and go to the freakin' store... UGH! I am so spoiled with Amazon. I HATE going into a retail establishment. Will bite the bullet, but NEVER order from BB&B online.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I ordered a car seat and cancelled. Then, I ordered a different car seat same time. That went fine. But I never received my car seat. No one bothered to call me and tell me they never sent it because of different billing address and shipping. They had a problem with that. Then we clarified that. Then I still didn't receive car seat. Supposedly it got lost with FedEx (that is a whole other story). Nobody from FedEx called to tell me they have no shipping ticket. Anyhow, finally Bed Bath & Beyond sent another car seat, express delivery (I received it 6 days later)! And when you call to follow up, everyone just gives you the runaround. I'm disgusted, nobody cared about my situation. I will never do business again with them. To receive car seat it took just about 4 weeks!

Original review: March 21, 2018

On November 19, 2017, I returned 2 small items without receipt and it was a pain. The manager in Westminster location found the store I purchased from but still refused to give me a store credit. She asked to fill out a form and took my merchandise to send back to the headquarter for investigation and said I'd get a call in 2 days. By February 22, 2018 I still have yet to hear from them so I called customer service.

After a few transfers and long periods of waiting, I got someone to take down my call details. I got a call back from the headquarters a couple of days later, thought my problem is finally resolved, but NOPE. The rep said she'd contact the store I returned the items and the store will contact me. A month later I still haven't received that call. Luckily, I took a picture of the form I filled out when I left my merchandise with the store. They were not going to give me any receipt! I am reluctant to call them back as it wastes a lot of time and might get nowhere again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I received a store credit of $159.98 at my local Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) in Delaware the evening of 3/18/18. My wife and I returned the morning of 3/20/18 to make a purchase with our credit. The associate scratched off the metallic PIN code cover, and when she put in the numbers we were informed that there was only $2.22 available on the card. What?!? Yes, the card had been almost entirely spent. The store manager called corporate and he was informed that the day before two purchases were made at a BBBY store in Glendale, Arizona. (I surely didn’t fly to AZ the day before only to be back in DE the next morning.) Anyway, I was put on the phone at the store with the BBBY fraud associate and was told to go ahead and make the purchase with a credit card and we would subsequently be refunded, but it would take a bit of time to get straightened out.

The BBBY representative on the phone told me “I am 100% sure you’ll be refunded” and I even said it out loud to my wife and the two BBBY associates that were helping us with our purchase. She even indicated that there was a really good chance she would be able to process the refund before the charge hits my account, while it’s in the “pending” state. I asked the lady on the phone to email me with that in writing, and she said she would and I gave her the info she needed and hung up. We made the purchase on our credit card as I was instructed to do. The rest of the day went by and I received no email which I found curious and a bit troubling. That evening I called the phone number the store associate gave me in case I needed to follow up on the matter. So that’s what I did.

When I got ahold of the BBBY customer service associate there was no notes or any information regarding the defrauded store credit number. Not good. She told me that BBBy store credit cards are “the same as cash” and there was nothing that she would do. Super not good! I asked for the manager. Again, I was told that there wasn’t anything BBBY was willing to do for me. I asked her to cancel the order for the purchase that we made with our credit card, and she’s informed me that she would surely try. I wouldn’t have put the purchase on my credit card if I wasn’t told by BBBY that there was “100% certainty that I’d be refunded.” It is possible that the store credit was stolen by someone within the company since it happened so quickly (the day after I received the credit), but who knows exactly how my money got stolen. I hadn’t no idea this sort of theft happens, until now. I’m blown away.

Anyway, I’d be very careful if you’re issued a store credit at BBBY. I would strongly encourage you to make a purchase at the same time you receive your credit, since those little blue cards can apparently be very easily be drained of your money. Mine was without the PIN even having been scratched! I always thought you were safe as long as the PIN was hidden. It’s a shame. I always liked to shop at BBBY, but never again- all over $150. Hopefully my story can serve as a cautionary tale to help you avoid being stolen from, and subsequently mistreated by BBBY.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered a mirror 2/22. Called to cancel my order because it’s not the exact one I was looking for. I was told I cannot cancel my order because the order has already been processed but I can just return the item once it has been delivered and get my money back. I agreed and was later sent my confirmation email only to see that my ORDER WAS ALREADY CANCELED AND SENT BACK TO WHEREVER IT CAME FROM BECAUSE MY ITEM WAS DAMAGED so I immediately called to get my money back. Today is 3/18 & I have called numerous times and still have not received my money back. Very disappointed in this company and definitely disappointed in the customer service.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I’ve placed orders twice online and twice it was cancelled without any reason as to why. I was notified neither by phone or email. It has nothing to do with my bank as the funds are there and then some! Will not be using Bed Bath and Beyond ever again. I’ll stick to other retail sites as they have never been an issue and I’m a big time online shopper.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I returned a mirror on 12/10/2017 and have receipt, however the credit was never posted to my account. I have been disputing this since then with the help of my credit card company. I supplied copies of my receipts, however they STILL dispute it and say I need to submit proof of return. I again sent a copy of the original return receipt and must wait for their reply! Having worked in retail most of my life I have never had such terrible customer service!!! The person who handled the return was very rude! Waiting 3 months for a return credit is ridiculous! They have lost a customer.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I stopped by our local Bed Bath & Beyond over lunch today and it was closed. There was not even a note on the door. As I walked back to my car and drove away I saw other people trying to get in, looking in the windows, etc - everyone was very confused by it. I called later in the afternoon and got a lady that wasn't apologetic or friendly by any means. She said they opened late because some of their employees live out of town and the roads were bad. I don't live especially close to work and managed getting to work by 7:30 this morning. The roads had been cleared for quite some time prior to me arriving there. All companies have their own policies, but I am not even retail and am expected to be at work when the roads are clear. The least they could have done was put up a sign. This is frustrating when you have limited time to run errands and find a major retail chain isn't open during regular business hours.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond on Sheridan St, 56 Ave in Hollywood FL! I'm a guy, so I take my time when I am buying things for my home. I was wearing a sweater hoodie because it was cold, 10 minutes after walking in the store I had some ** skin kid following me, I just shook my head an proceed to look for things for my kitchen! Yep before long the same kid was sent to ask me if I needed help, keep in mind there are only 10 people in the store at this time! I was followed thru the store, eventually I got to the check out line!

Across from me 2 employees stared at me, like was stealing but here I am in the check out line! 6 people in line, Bed Bath & Beyond has one line open! So when I need help to check out, Bed Bath & Beyond is like ** off, stand in line, they didn't want to help me then! But when you are profiling me and stalking me thru the store you are so called helping me? I hope online businesses shut companies like yours down! I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE! I will pass on my experience with your company and for the Lil ** skinned boy the supervisor sent to do his dirty work you should kick yourself in the ass for being a tool!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered 6 identical curtain panels priced at $29.99 each online and used a "$20 off your purchase of $75 or more" offer. My subtotal was $179.94 (6 x $29.99). Well, the panels were sent in 3 separate shipments of 1, 1, and 4 panels, each arriving on different days. Just more boxes and unwanted Geico marketing inserts for me to deal with. Unfortunately, at least 2 of the 4 panels in the last shipment were obviously used and repacked. They were wrinkled and bulging in their original zippered bags, and one had a completely opened zipper straight out of the box.

I don't appreciate being sent used merchandise when I'm buying items sold as "new", whether or not I am using a promotion. So these will be going straight back to the store. Unfortunately for me, if I return 2 items because of BB&B's mistake, I will lose a proportional amount of the $20 promotional value, or $3.33 per returned item. You see, instead of just applying a $20 discount to the subtotal, as I think most people would expect, BB&B uses a dirty trick and spreads the promotional $20 value proportionally across all items. This reduces the return value of each item, regardless of the reason for the return, and it effectively punishes consumers for returning items even if the items are used or defective.

If I return the 2 used, repackaged panels that were sold as new, my new subtotal should be $119.96 (4 x $29.99), which is still well above the $75 promotion threshold. But BB&B only gives a return value of $26.66 each for 5 of the panels (and $26.64 for the 6th). I don't see how this is not fraud. When I presented the 2 issues of selling used merchandise as new and not giving full return value, BB&B's online customer service was less than useless, as they would not even acknowledge either issue and just wasted a half hour of my time. Their response: Sorry for your experience, just return the item. *facepalm*

I'd be tempted to contact my state attorney general if I thought anything would be done. The only other retailer I have experienced applying $X off $Y+ discount promos in this way is IKEA. I really don't see how this isn't false advertising. You're not getting $X off your subtotal (what most people would think of as their "purchase"); you're getting $X divided proportionally across all items, reducing each item's return value, even if your updated subtotal is over the $Y+ threshold. That's false advertising and fraud in my book.

PROTIP: If I had known BB&B's shady policies earlier, I would have placed 2 separate orders for 3 panels each. I would have paid the same total and still received free shipping, but I could have returned up to 3 of the panels for their full value. All the more reason this proportional splitting of a promotion value seems invalid and sketchy to me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The first time we ordered something online through them it was a clock. It showed up broken so we reordered it and it took 3 weeks to get here! I just ordered a duvet cover from them over week ago and they haven't even shipped it yet! Even though I'm my receipt it said I'd receive it anywhere from Feb 27th - March 2nd. I've talked to them on the phone three times. The first girl said it's being shipped through a third party and that she'd send them an email to see what's going on. That was last Wednesday. I called today and the email didn't go out till today!!! I'm so sick of dealing with them. I'm about to cancel my order all together! Their shipping is terrible! They lie and say they'll do things to help the process and then they just sit there and do nothing! I will never go to their online store again. EVER.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Today I went into the Macon, GA. Store with a 1 time only coupon. The cashier scanned the coupon and told me I had already used it and could not use it again. I told her I had not used the coupon and she told me I used it last week at a different store. When I told her I had just downloaded the coupon last night she again told me since I had already used the coupon I cannot use it again. Basically, she called me a liar 3 times. Never once did she offer the computer may be wrong or offer the manager for resolution. Corporate placed my order and is shipping the item after complaining to them.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business