1.46/5

281 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I purchased an item online. I get an email days later saying they want to verify information. Here's the snag, they emailed me, the order number was wrong, the name they addressed me by was wrong, and the email comes from Bedbath.com. Now, this day and age, all of those factors red flag scam to me, so I go online open an incident report from their website. They say, "Call us." So I call the number from the website. I got an answer, however, she transferred me (after all this explanation and verified everything they wanted) only to have me leave a message and say they would call back within 24 hours, well they didn't.

So 2 days later I respond to the email incident report, and find out they've cancelled the order, and haven't even given me back the coupon I used to reorder or offer to work to re-instate the order. I've since removed my credit card from their site, as they really have no professional customer service, and they have a scary computer system riddle with errors. And they blamed the bank!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If we could leave this item with no stars we absolutely would! Absolutely HORRIBLE experience! You can use the BB&B coupon but if the vendor doesn't ship you'll get the runaround and no resolution! A generic 'copy & paste' response is what will be provided! We ordered the item and waited to be provided a tracking number. Money was pulled and a few days before we were suppose to receive the item no tracking number was provided. I contacted BB&B and was advised that I would receive item by 9/26. On the 26th I contacted BB&B again and was told that it would be delivered soon and they would contact the vendor. 5 days later and no tracking number and my only option is to cancel the order or do a replacement order but would have to wait additional shipping time. Oh, and the best part was... I would receive a coupon for 20% off my next purchase!

Do they not realize that that's the coupon that comes in the mail every month! Not to mention... that's a coupon I can find on retailmenot.com. Absolutely ridiculous to even offer that as a resolution!!! It is now 10/4 no item... no tracking number no response from BB&B. The vendor (who I had to contact) stated they sell in bulk to BB&B and have no way of tracking their inventory or what they sell. I spoke with two managers (vendor Twinstar) and both stated the same thing... I've shopped at BB&B for years and this online purchase has been a nightmare and stressful. I wish them horrible things for their future as a company. Lol sorry I'm not sorry!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Having just tried to make several purchases there, I can state from experience that BBB's online sales operation is terrible. That includes the site itself, the ordering process, the tracking ability and the returns operations. It's easy to see why this company is failing financially. It's clearly a retail store dinosaur that can't quite handle transition to web sales.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My wife and I shop at BB&B for a birthday gift for our daughter. The gift that she wanted was crystal. Well we went to the bridal/crystal section of the store to review the items that were for sale. After viewing the merchandise and decided on the items to purchase we waited for someone to assist us with the purchase, well we waited and waited and finally waited.

As we decided that the store did not need our purchases we began to leave and was meet by what my wife and I thought was a manager which it turned out to be.

Well she was rude from the start of her conversation which was not appreciative not professional. With her rudeness we decided not to patronize this store and began to leave as we expressed that her assistance was no longer needed. She got mad with undertones in her voice and stated that we were a waste of time anyway. Well if we are a waste of her time she is not a good steward of what she is placed in charge of. I will not spend my money where it’s not wanted. Will not be returning to any BB&B.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Don't waste money on express delivery! $21 for Express Delivery that wasn't on time! Ordered on 9/25, delivery was expected 9/27 - arrived 9/28. Too late in the day to receive my item for the trip I was going on! If I pay that much, I expect 2 day delivery to actually occur!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I was browsing the store this morning with my husband wasting time waiting for the mall to open. There was one employee named Leslie who decided she wanted to take on the position of a security guard instead of her retail position. She began to follow me & my husband like she seen us steal something. She went over to the manager & whispered something to him about us, then she made an announcement over the speaker saying security check a particular area that I was in.

When we exit the store she was waiting by the door with an alarm that kept going off I guess her plan was to activate the alarm so she can ask to check my purse. BOY WAS I WAITING BECAUSE I WOULD’VE HAD A NICE LAWSUIT!! I’m not even sure I would’ve been so nice. I might have hit her just for her actions. I was so disgusted because I didn’t steal anything but that one employee act like I did. I have spent plenty of money in that store in the past but I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! My husband also had a few choice words with her which she wasn’t expecting. I also snapped her picture. I just might humiliate her all over the internet like she tried to humiliate me by making me feel like I stole something.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I returned an item in on 14th June and have still not received a refund 3 months later. I called the store and they automatically say, "Contact your bank". I ask them to check as I always receive refunds within a few days from other stores with the same bank. They confirm that the problem is with my bank. I contact my bank and they say that they have received nothing from Bed, Bath and Beyond. So now, I will have to go in store to sort out. Hope I eventually get my money back. I'll try to update this post later with details.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

BED BATH AND BEYOND PROFILING & DISCRIMINATION. I have been 86ed from Bed Bath & Beyond on 9th St., SF. I don't even know why this was decreed or what is about. I walked in the store, which I have been going to for 25 years, when an employee, pointed at me & shouted - "HE is NOT allowed in here!" I was taken aback, by this as I have never been the cause of any incident @ BB&B. I asked her very nicely, "what seems to be the confusion?" She informed me that I would have to wait for a store manager to reiterate what was said. About 5... 7 minutes go by and no manager appears. I was getting stressed-out & tired of this public humiliation, so I left. I called corporate & made a formal complaint, they promised me a follow-up, etc. Which has not happened. The staff and managers of Bed Bath and Beyond have often behaved in a heinous, discriminatory manner towards me many, times in the past.

I was even threatened w/ ** in the bathrooms by their security once. I dutifully reported these incidents, to managers, regional managers, to corporate, nothing was ever done. The security person in question is still there. I can pretend to have a contemporary, not too overly involved attitude about it all. But truthfully, it made me feel as though something is very wrong with me & that ultimately, I am NOT WELCOME. As a #disabled individual, I am used to such discrimination. It is hard to comprehend why this Bed Bath & Beyond would discriminate so grotesquely for no apparent reason...

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I was charged for a membership with cost not being detailed and terms were not clear. Defined terms of membership should of been detailed and accessible, yes accessible! Customer service was not helpful and gave me the wrong info the first call, second call I was told no refund and as asked to be removed from membership. Just because it's paid does not mean I want it attached to my email or phone.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am very happy with the placemats, napkin rings and cloth napkins that I ordered. My order arrived within 10 days and I was pleased with the quality. The colors were exactly as depicted on my computer screen. I know these were Chinese imports, but I feel that the price and quality were reasonable.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered a mini fridge for my daughter who is going away to college - 2 weeks now and no fridge. Shipping label was created and no updates. I have been on the phone with customer service for 4 days - I finally asked for a refund. I called back again today and still no refund was put in. So upset. They charged my card without a problem and now that I am trying to get my refund back they are telling me I have to wait 7-14 days - completely ridiculous!!! I will NEVER do business with them again. Amazon rocks!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Okay first of all I would like separate my Bed Bath & Beyond in store GOOD experience from what's happening to me right now when I just purchased this TV stand ONLINE, the purchase was made on July the 17th, they gave me an estimated delivery between the 24th and the 27th of July (10 days!!!). On July 23, the status didnt change from processed to shipped, so I have to call them several times, what they keep telling is, "Don't worry. Everything is fine". On July 25th still they didn't ship it yet... I had to call and request to speak with the manager 3 times in order for them to email the manufacturer to ship my item, they created fake shipping labels.

Now FedEx finally received my item and it's moving. But guess what? The estimated delivery day is July the 31!!! (Remember the item is purchased on July 17th!). Now I have to beg my neighbor to receive my item 'cause I won't be here. Really really really terrible experience. Plus Bed Bath & Beyond never apologized, never offered any remedies. NOTHING. I will NEVER EVER buy anything at Bed Bath & Beyond online NEVER AGAIN. God bless Amazon.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My first purchase at Bed Bath & Beyond was for two towels which just arrived today. They were shipped in one of those plastic sacks which popped open at a seam during shipping, and the bag the towel was in split as well. I've purchased towels online from four other stores and they never came in flimsy bags. FedEx attempted to fix the problem by taping the bag, but they actually just got tape on the towel, which arrived snagged and ripped underneath all the tape. I attempted to email BB&B but their webform was broken. I went to chat and was told I'd have to pay to return the towel for an exchange. NOPE. Will not be buying from them again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have gone twice to Oakland store to buy curtains. Candace ** helped me both times. She spent the time with me to make sure I bought what I needed giving me tips about measurements. Her communication skills were clear and concise and she made me feel like I was talking to a friend. She is the kind of employee all the stores should have and should be recognized (a bonus would be nice $).

Resolution response: July 14, 2018

Company resolved issue.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I ordered three barstools online. They arrived and had inadequate instructions on how to put together so I returned them. FedEx only returned one of the barstools, so Bed Bath & Beyond will not refund me the money for the other two. I've put in a complaint to my credit card company, but am frustrated that BB&B won't contest this issue with FedEx yet instead makes it a customer problem.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I recently ordered in inexpensive Oklahoma state coffee mug from Bed Bath & Beyond. So of course they sent a Nevada state mug. In order for them to send the correct mug, I must box up the incorrect mug and sent it back and pay for the shipping or drive to a store to have them do it. This, of course, is not going to happen for an item costing less than $10.00. I will just have to get the mug from somewhere else or take a chance on Bed Bath & Beyond again. This is not a big deal, but it is totally irritating and indicative of how incompetent most on-line retailers are. It seems Amazon is the only competent outfit out there. Purchasing from this company was a bad experience. From now on I stick with Amazon.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Customers are invisible - you cannot be seen - I went to the local, Perimeter Store, GA, which is near me. I wandered the store for about 15 minutes and finally left - there were no live employees on the merchandise floor. How much would it cost to have at least one employee circulate on the floor to assist customers? Put this store at the top of my list to not shop at.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The BBB stores discriminate against people of color and those over 60 years of age. After receiving a complaint from an employee in my office regarding her treatment after she had a box of merchandise dropped on her by one of her supervisors this BBB employee received constant harassment by the supervisor. I encouraged the employee to call the HR representative at corporate to find out what to do. She, Jill **, instructed the employee to call the local HR person. He, John, came to the store and along with the store mgr, Maggie, interrogated the employee for an hour. After which they accused her of lying about her accident and gave her a warning. The local HR and Mgr are young people in their 30's and the supervisor is also young. They are all racially **.

The employee is Asian and over 65. All of her fellow employees admire her work ethic and praise her for her commitment to work. Many people have ended their employment at this store in Sugar Land because it is manage so poorly. I strongly ask that you carefully consider if you want to support an enterprise that targets older people to meet EEOC requirements at hiring times only to seek out ways to terminate them afterwards. Be creative and find ways to send a strong message to this store in Sugar Land to end their racial and age discrimination.

Original review: June 4, 2018

On the floor there is advertisement saying that if you buy 3 items you will get 3 free. Not true. You have to pay for all items. Free should mean free and not be charged for the free items. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Very recently I ordered a popcorn maker for my girlfriend who is suffering at home with cancer and her chemo treatments. With the online order I was given an option to include a note, which I did. In the note I explained why I was sending her the gift, and I wrote that she would "surely enjoy it for years and years to come". However, my note was NEVER INCLUDED in the box, and at the very least, it wasn't on the packing slip. That's seriously horrible. Also, Bed Bath & Beyond sent me an email when it was supposedly delivered, but in actuality the package wasn't delivered for another 6 days. What's going on at Bed Bath & Beyond? Is good help that hard to find? Needless to say, I WON'T be sending anyone any more gifts from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bed Bath & Beyond is the worst online ordering experience I have ever had! Over 3 weeks ago I ordered 9 products. I received 1 of the products at 5 days and 1 of the products at 8 days. I have yet to receive the remaining 7 items. I have emailed customer service once and called 3 times and the situation has yet to be corrected. They now have sent 1 item 5 times which they tell me I will need to return to them when they arrive. In addition, they have charged me for some items one than once. On this last call, I requested to speak to a manager and they said they were too busy to talk to me. I will NEVER order from Bed Bath and Beyond again!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Two plus weeks for your order to arrive, way too long of a wait. I've been in my new apt a week now and I'm still waiting for my order of shower curtains. I'm about to go buy one at Walmart so I can take a freaking shower.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I bought a product online on sale but did not get to use it right away. When I did get around to trying it, it didn't seem to work properly so I tried it another time and it still did not work properly. In the meantime we had a family emergency and probably 2 months had lapsed before I could do anything about it. I took it to the closest Bed, Bath, and Beyond but found out they did not carry it in the store. To my surprise and delight, they cheerfully reordered it online for me, making sure I got the same sale price, discounts and free shipping I had the first time. They have always been a reputable place to shop in my opinion, but that was just the icing on the cake for me.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I ordered 92.00 worth of Lenox dinnerware. I thought I had ordered 3 sets of 4 comets settings. I went to check on my order and saw that a few people who had ordered the set warned that each order is one four piece setting. The site wasn't clear about that. I ordered 4 more sets because it was a gift. Then saw an online ad that said order 200.00 worth of Lenox, get a 25.00 gift card. I contacted customer service and they said, "No. It has to be in a single purchase." They suck.

Original review: April 30, 2018

BB&B customer service lied in order to get me to purchase the Beyond + service. Prior to placing an order I was told that I had to buy the service first, which was charged to my new BB&B charge card, then I could place my order and the charge card would automatically be available on my account to use for my new order, but it was not there. Another CS Rep, Thomas, initially told me that I had to place my order within 2 hours in order to be able to use the card. I told him I tried to do this within 5 minutes, numerous times. Then he changed his story and told me that because I bought the service first, using my new card, I was not allowed to use the card to place my order. None of this made any sense and appears to be a scam. Also, the Beyond+ membership is supposed to deduct 20% from the entire order, but there are so many restrictions, that it turns out to be a better discount using the single item coupons.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Second time to has happen, takes 2 weeks to get anything from them, get like Amazon, Walmart and get them out. No one wants to wait 2-3 weeks for items. What a terrible company as they have you do all this bank security and other crap and why you never get products. Stop online orders!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Placed an Order early March, found out when no charges on Visa the order was not fulfilled, no notification by Bed Bath to any of my contact info. Called April 3 inquiring why they canceled the order, they say payment - I contact Paypal - a charge from BBB was never attempted. Have them replace the order but this time I will not have coupon codes to use (which I believe is why BBB cancelled the order the first time was to get out of using the coupons), I explain that birthing will be on X-date and can they get it there on time, no problem they say and give me their work extension and email, I check daily for the next three days online and by phone, assured the order will be filled. The third day I have no response to the email I sent day before nor this morning.

I call back and ask for a manager, told there are none available, I reply I'll hold till they find one (which I'm sure I'm just on hold with nothing being done), response sometime later is there are no managers. That day after numerous calls one person says that order/shipping has left messages for me (not) regarding an issue and give me a different number to call, you get a message stating to leave order number, etc. and they will return your call within 24-48 hours (that was three days ago, and of course nobody calls). I cancelled the order, called local Target and got a nice person to check the shelves before tagging friends to help me get there, they physically checked the shelves to confirm items there, I got a ride and bought what I needed, got another ride Sunday a few hours into another State and delivered the items needed for the birthing the next day.

I do not expect to ever hear from them regarding the issue with the order because the second try I gave them a visa number, and as with all bills, has a zero balance. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE FOR BBB TO NOT NOTIFY BY BOTH EMAIL AND PHONE WHY THEY CANCEL ORDERS ON THEIR END. There is zero excuse that when a customer calls there are no notes a representative can access or notes online a customer can see explaining why an order is canceled or suspended on their end. My guess, they either are or preparing to file chapter 11 or similar fate - if not - their business practice certainly will intentionally lead them to close.

Oh, I forgot to mention that their online web stated items were available in local store, went there before going to Target and naturally (as I have experienced before) item is not in that store. Thank You staff at Target for helping me physically collect, checkout, load car with needed birthing items. Thank You friends and family that put your needs on hold to aid me in getting those birthing items to the center before today's birthing. Bed Bath & Beyond has problems, I would not purchase anything expecting long warranty availability, as from decades of experience, I sense they are on last legs, the pattern fits other businesses that have folded.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Spoke with Najla - that the 2 items in my cart were showing 1-2 business shipping. At check out the 2 items were now showing 10 days shipping. She told me that the 1-2 business days is just order processing. If that is true, then why mislead the customer in showing the items only take 1-2 business days shipping instead of showing 1-2 days Processing? SECONDLY I stated that I had signed up for the 20% discount and it has been over a week and I still have not received any coupon. Her response was just that I’m sorry. I also never proceeded with the checkout, as I did not want to wait 10 days for the items to arrive. I then get a email from BB&B thanking me for my purchase! WTF...will be return the item ASAP.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Ordered a new duvet cover and sheet set on two different orders (two offers) online. Duvet cover came immediately, sheet set has a UPS tracking number and is "ready to go". Called customer service twice and all they can do is email the warehouse. Told them to forget it and cancel/refund my order. Can't do that - have to email the warehouse. HORRIBLE e-tailer. I can get these same sheets on Amazon for 40% more (not sure why the price hike), so I guess I'll have to break down and go to the freakin' store... UGH! I am so spoiled with Amazon. I HATE going into a retail establishment. Will bite the bullet, but NEVER order from BB&B online.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I ordered a car seat and cancelled. Then, I ordered a different car seat same time. That went fine. But I never received my car seat. No one bothered to call me and tell me they never sent it because of different billing address and shipping. They had a problem with that. Then we clarified that. Then I still didn't receive car seat. Supposedly it got lost with FedEx (that is a whole other story). Nobody from FedEx called to tell me they have no shipping ticket. Anyhow, finally Bed Bath & Beyond sent another car seat, express delivery (I received it 6 days later)! And when you call to follow up, everyone just gives you the runaround. I'm disgusted, nobody cared about my situation. I will never do business again with them. To receive car seat it took just about 4 weeks!

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information