2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: April 27, 2021

As a person with a pre existing disease I try to limit my outside interactions, thus I needed a new tooth brush. I place the order online and wanted it to ship to me. The latest possible time of arrival was suppose to be the 26th (today). My order has not even been sent out yet as of today. I do a chat with them to see what is the issue. Their excuse was their shipper is having issues and is backed up. So you knew this as a company but yet still allowed me to order without any warnings. Nor did you reach out just as basic humans to inform me they are having shipping issues. They just took my money and basically did not care if I get my order or not... Their attitude was nonchalant. So I asked, "Why can’t you just set me up to pick up my items at my local store." Their reply was they can not change an order delivery method once it has been complete. But how can it be complete when it’s never left the warehouse. But again they act like it’s just my problem.

Either I can get a refund that could take 3 to 5 days or they can sent out another which would take 3 to 5 days. But again that would go back to the whole reason of the chat. My order did not come and has nothing left the warehouse. So it’s not going to be 3 to 5 days. They don’t apologize for the inconvenience, that don’t offer useful solutions when something is their fault. No wonder they are closing and downsizing, with customer service policies like that in a Covid and post Covid market place there really is not reason to use them. It’s not cheaper. Most time it’s more expensive, they will not work to fix their errors nor do they offer solutions to remedy the issue quickly. Horrible is the word for them!

Original review: April 16, 2021

Item was ordered on April 2nd, Received email on April 3rd that package had shipped, however, according to tracking, package did not ship until April 12th. When the package had failed to ship by April 10th, I attempted to cancel order but was told I could not because the order was complete. I spoke to customer service twice, once on April 9th and again on April 10th. I was told both times that the package was "guaranteed" to arrive on April 12th. It did not arrive until April 16th. Customer service people obviously spoke English as a second language and were entirely unsympathetic and unhelpful. I will never order from Bed, Bath & Beyond again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2021

We bought a 14-piece set of Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Nonstick Aluminum Cookware and the stockpot was defective. The lid won't seal because the pot was misshapen when it was shipped to us. We contacted customer service when we noticed this defect and were offered a $15 credit for a pot that costs $39. We just wanted them to send us a new stockpot but customer service wouldn't answer our emails. We even sent pictures of the defect and still no answer. So we finally went to the store (120 miles away) to speak to them and the only way we could get a new stockpot was to return the WHOLE set. We will NEVER buy anything from Bed, Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I went all the way to the store to buy a NINJA air fryer on the very first day of the sale as advertised in their latest flyer (March 22, 2021) within a few minutes of store opening and I was told they never had it in stock! "Check again in a few days", I was told - they had no idea when it would come in. So why was it in the flyer at all? I think I'll stick to COSTCO, always been my favourite anyway.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I spent thousand and thousand of dollars with Bed Bath and Beyond and Buy Buy Baby for my newborn baby. I used to order online with no issue. I purchased a yearly Beyond + membership from them on last December; they have taken it away as of a couple of weeks ago from me with no reasoning - when I called the customer service for it they told me that my membership is still active at first but now they tell me it has been "discontinued".

This being aside as one of my issues, they have canceled multiple order of mine for "security purposes ". When I call the customer service to understand what is happening exactly, they have no clue; I called my bank and they said they have authorized the payment as I see it pending online on my CC account. After 2 weeks of back and forth with Bed, Bath and Beyond customer service, they still have no idea why my orders are canceled- They give me a bogus case number with no follow up-

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

When I bought stuff on line I received confirmation with wrong delivery address and I try to change to my address multiple times, but except confirmation on my email that someone try to change address nothing happens. Next day I call customer service and they ensure me that they finally able to change address, but forgot to mention that if I fail to do it in first 30 min after ordering, they will deliver to wrong address. That exactly what happened. After multiple calls when I did not receive my stuff, I was told that someone contact me with information. Never happened.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I purchased SALT® 16 qt. Stainless Steel Stock Pot that got rusted/chipped after 1 use. I brought it to the store and customer service refused to accept it. Said I have to call SALT for warranty, gave me the number that I called 7 times and the call was never answered. Also, SALT is Bed Bath and Beyond brand and they still refused the defective item return.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This company must be in deep trouble. I have purchased in stores and online for years and never had issues until the past year. Orders always have missing and/or cancelled items. Customer service is polite but very slow and seems unable to assist. Delivery of orders takes forever and is sometimes sent to a wrong address (one I never entered). Not worth the hassle! I will no longer purchase from them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I ordered a mattress and two pillows. The pillows arrived today. The mattress was canceled without notice. Now I have to deal with sending back the mattress. On other products, it is very difficult to find country of origin or product details online.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I stopped into BB&B today (I have mobility issues) and I needed to be directed to the one item I was seeking. At the entrance at CUSTOMER SERVICE I asked a fellow for directions. He said he didn't know where it was. He summoned someone who eventually showed up (about 5 minutes later) who also didn't know. Said he had to look it up on the computer. After a painful 12 minutes or so I learned you didn't have what I was looking for. That is my last trip to your store (located so conveniently to me I might add). Atrocious lack of service. Signed disgusted.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information