1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

305 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

On January 8th, 2019 I went into Bed Bath & Beyond in Walker Michigan to purchase some ankle wrist weights. After the purchase I gave my address and has been waiting over weeks before I call to find out that I did not have a tracking number. I had to call the store twice just to get the tracking number as well as their home office the 1-800 number. I'm not happy the way I was treated with Bed Bath & Beyond. I thought they Services was unprofessional.

After calling Bed Bath & Beyond the second time and getting a tracking number I called FedEx which was supposed to have delivered the package today but didn't because of my apartment number was not written down. But it was on my invoice so it hasn't been a real good day and now FedEx wants me to stay at home all day long again just so they can redeliver my package. This should have never happened. I'm not sure that I would like to do business with Bed Bath & Beyond again. Also the color that I requested when I purchased the item in the store a sending the wrong color.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I bought a few items from them online. I would say that half of them came defective or with missing parts. The products that are small and available in local stores is relatively easy to exchange by putting them in the trunk of the car and driving to the store. But when it comes to the items that are available only online, exchanging the defective products is a nightmare. Once a customer service representative promised me that FedEx will contact me and pick up the box within a few day, but that never happened. I had to spend money and time on fixing it myself. I wrote a review about an item that I had problems with, and it never showed up although I got an e-mail from someone from Bed Bath & Beyond asking me if there is anything they can do for me. Basically, they try to hide the negative reviews about products so that can push as many as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased a soda stream for my son online. The shipment was sent on 11/24. Everyday from 11/27 through 11/30 Federal Express tried to deliver, but since a signature was required they would not deliver it. Bed Bath & Beyond never disclosed that a signature would be required. We made several attempts with Bed Bath & Beyond to have them change the delivery address, but they never did anything. Federal Express stopped trying to deliver and kept the product at their warehouse until 12/10.

I cancelled the order and Federal Express sent the product back to Bed Bath & Beyond on 12/10 and delivered it to Bed Bath & Beyond on 12/11 (I have proof of delivery). Myself or my son have made several calls in the past few weeks to customer service because I have not been given the credit on my card and they keep blaming the vendor for the delay. If they sell the product they are responsible and should have given me the credit by now. I will now have to dispute it with my credit card company. I will never buy anything online with Bed Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We recently bought a fryer Oven (Phillips) a Humidifier BOn O Air and a Braun S9 razor at the Reisterstown MD store. Mr. ** and Mrs. ** gave us perfect professional and courteous advice selecting the products. We also joined the "Club" at $29 giving a 20% discount for 12 months. That just took a few minutes. We highly recommend Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The Dyson was missing from the packaging. Store manager was called and the response was not helpful, seemed skeptical of the situation and did not sound very promising in term of getting back to us anytime soon. We called Dyson immediately to make sure the issue was documented and we are now waiting to hear back. Next time I will just buy Amazon and wait for the delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Forced through attempting an online purchase to become a member. I was not even aware that they had members. But my account charged me a fee for membership but would not allow me to purchase my product. I've attempted to reach to get a refund of my money with NO RESPONSE. I will never shop Bed Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Placed an order December 8th with ADVERTISED promised delivery by Christmas. Got an email December 21st saying my order shipped and I would receive it December 24th. December 24th late afternoon I get another email saying my order shipped with expected December 26th delivery. Customer service blamed the issue on the vendor. I can return the product for a refund. Thanks a lot Bed Bath & Beyond for making me not have one of the most important gifts I wanted for Christmas morning. NEVER AGAIN! HORRIBLE customer service, FALSE advertising and passing the buck!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered a soda stream machine and the soda for a Christmas present back on December 16th. I was told that I would get it by December 24th and no later. When I called customer service which was several times I got the run-around because they could not find where the tracking was and they were blaming FedEx for it. It is now December 24th and I still do not have the gift I ordered and they still couldn't tell me what happened because it came from another warehouse so I just requested a refund and told them I would never shop with them again. I didn't get an apology or anything else for this major issue. They still couldnt give me a reason why I didnt receive the package. Never order anything from Bed Bath & Beyond, they are a joke!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Bought a bed that was deceptively described. Said specifically no box spring necessary. Pretty bed except for the fact that there is an 8-inch gap from top of my mattress to bottom of headboard. Bed with mattress sits very, very low -- I am elderly. Something very wrong with design. Spoke with Ms ** on phone. She was very sympathetic and said she would solve the problem so I could sleep in a bed I don't have to crawl out of or bang my head on headboard. Days passed... nada. Called her supervisor, Karina **... same... very sympathetic.. Said I would have a resolution in 2 days. Ha! Still waiting. Horrible treatment for a customer who for the first time spent quite a bit in line, with several purchases.

I will continue to fight for restitution. Do not deal with BBB. Funny. Their # is BBB go beyond! They should be ashamed of just stringing customers along. Stay away from their online shopping. Wayfair, Amazon, Walmart... all so much more responsive. These people just outright lied and did not even make notations re my calls. Merry Christmas. Oh I also paid someone $65 to assemble...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We purchased a baby bed that came damaged. So they sent us another one and told us to send the damaged parts back in the replacement box. The company that makes the bed Buy Buy Baby refused the return because the box was opened and resealed. So they sent it back to us. Bed Bath & Beyond said now we need to find a new box and send it back again. The box is a special size and I can not even find a company to have it made special. At present I have asked the company for a new box to send the product back that was damaged. Have not heard from them yet so I guess I will see what they say?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

This is a complaint about Courtney at Sunset Point Road Clearwater FL with lack of basic math and customer service skills. I have been in customer service for over 20 plus years and have processed mortgages with a Fortune 500 company. The way I was treated by Courtney you thought I did not know how to calculate a return on 14 days. I forgot the 20% off coupon on 12/7/18 and I was told I had 14 days to get the credit on the purchase. I brought on my coupon on 12/18/18 which is 11 days. Courtney handed back the receipt and says it has been over 14 days. I said to her I bought this on 12/7/18 and she says YES it is over 14 days. She has a bad attitude with poor math skills and customer service skills. It will be a long time if I come back due to poor customer service skills.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The manager said that without a receipt he could not return the Keurig I bought about 6 months ago. I had the original box and gave them the card I bought it on. In fact I didn’t have that card anymore. Called the bank to retrieve the numbers. And called the manager to give to him. He said there was no record of the card, which by the way I used many times in your store, The Manager Eric said that rules changed in July and now you cannot return without proof of purchase. I am so disappointed in your store. Was not asking for money only a return. I guess I will be doing my shopping other places from now on. Best Buy also has coffee makers and will match prices as well as Macy’s and Kohl’s. Shame you lost a good customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We have frequented BB&B for the past couple of years and every time we need anything it's a struggle. Our experience this weekend has this store crossed off of our list. We purchased a waffle maker last year around this same time, and used it maybe 10 times. We went to return it, we had the box, but not the receipt. Since we didn't have the receipt, we were told that they were going to take 20$ off of the return. We didn't ask for cash, we just wanted to swap it out. The cashier said that they couldn't do a straight swap, they had to give us store credit with the reduction. She stated that so many people steal from them that they had to start doing this.

WOW, now everyone is treated like a thief? She got smart and said, "Well, no other stores will swap your items without a receipt." Maybe she has never shopped at Walmart, Target, Costco or Sam's, but she is wrong. They were so rude and disrespectful to us that after the manager came up and "made an exception", we left the store and the basket full of other items we were going to purchase. We will never return. Store policy is ridiculous, the merchandiser should refund the stores' money for faulty products. They aren't the cheapest in town, and they aren't the best quality. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I spent about 300.00 online with Bed Bath and Beyond. I noted when placing my order that it was a gift. One of my purchases arrived at my home without a box and took the surprise out of Christmas. All my online purchases will now be delivered without a brown box and on doorsteps. This is totally unacceptable!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Please think twice before buying anything from BBB. I visited Bed Bath & Beyond on November 23, 2018 in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada to purchase window curtains for 3 of my bedrooms. Recently I moved to my new house and I needed window curtains as soon as possible. The store did not have the correct sizes for my windows so the cashier ordered 10 panels for me. Before she ordered it I specifically asked the cashier: How long I need to wait for it, and if Canada Post strike affects the delivery time? She showed me the paper with instruction {3 to 6 days to receive your product and we are not with Canada Post so the strike will not affect the delivery time}.

For the past 10 days I spent many hours on the phone with BBB customers service, managers Janice, Michael, and today even with Libbi from regional in addition to FedEx. Michael was the only one who was very upset about the whole situation. Talking to the other two ladies was a totally waste of my time. They are unhelpful, unprofessional, and do not care about customers. Today is December 11, 2018 and I have no curtains and according to FedEx I am not going to have them for a long time. In addition, BBB store in Newmarket did not even call me back and do not offer me any solution. This is my first and last order with BBB.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

On the day my coffee urn arrived, I followed their advice and filled it with cold water (25 cups) and ran a brew cycle. The inside of my brand new coffee pot turned dark bronze color, exactly to the 25 cup line. If hot water stained the metal, can you imagine what hot coffee will do? This urn is NOT STAINLESS STEEL! Bed Bath and Beyond's product description is a fraud! No where on the box does Hamilton Beach use the words stainless steel, BB&B is lying to us.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Please do not buy anything from their online store. I bought a bunch of things for my new apartment from BBB, Target, Amazon, etc. all on the same day and every other store arrived within the week. I ordered a comforter set and tower fan from here and still have nothing 2.5 weeks later. The shipment tracking has been in Chicago for a week and now states "No scheduled delivery available at this time", and customer service is so rude and unhelpful. I wish I had just bought these things from Amazon but I had two 20% off coupons, let me tell you that savings was not worth this hassle they have put me through.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Ordered lots of Hanukkah items. Some were not delivered. Messed up the replacement shippings and certainly I don't have my things in time for Hanukkah. I will never ever order with them again. Reps are very arrogant and incompetent.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I’ve had several recent unpleasant experiences at the North Point store in Alpharetta, GA. The Cashiers and Store Managers are unhelpful, unprofessional, and disrespectful of the customers. My two primary concerns – Inconsistent application of store “policy” - I returned an item with a receipt. However, since the electronic item (an unused coffee maker still in the original box) was purchased more than a year ago, the Store Manager would only refund $19.99. The sales receipt, also from the North Point store, showed a purchase price of $149.99. He was rude, abrupt, and inflexible. So – I went to another area store and had no trouble returning the item and getting a refund for $149.99.

Another example – I was having trouble pulling up my 20% coupon on my phone. The Cashier was not at all helpful and said she had no options -- she told me to go outside into the parking lot to get a better connection to get the coupon. I asked that we talk to the Store Manager. The Manager instructed the cashier to just use one of the 20% coupons at the cash register. So much for no other options!!

Inconsistent treatment of customers – Today, I simply wanted to exchange an unused, unopened candle for another candle with a different scent. However, I did not have a receipt. Thus, the Cashier and Store Manager both refused to allow me to make an “even exchange.” They offered me a lower price (due to no receipt) and required that I pay the different in this lower price and the price marked on the floor – all because of no receipt. However, while I was standing at the Customer Service desk, another customer (different ethnicity than mine) returned a used, soiled pillow without any packaging and with no receipt. The Store Manager gladly let him exchange the item. I felt discriminated against (I am a mature, ** male). I brought this to the Manager’s attention, and he simply shrugged and smirked.

Another example – I witnessed 3 Cashiers carefully helping an elderly Indian woman with a return (once again, no receipt) and overheard them saying, “We’ll make an exception to help you.” Every customer (whether **, Indian or any ethnicity) should be treated with the same level of respect and dignity. This saddens me, as I’ve been a loyal customer of this store for over 10 years and have purchased hundreds/thousands of dollars of merchandise. However, I will NOT shop there again. Life is too short to be treated rudely and disrespectfully. There are plenty of shopping alternatives. I hope Regional Management will address this issue at the North Point store in Alpharetta, GA.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I went on-line and found a Dyson vacuum cleaner. This is the information attached to the product 4.65342 Reviews Product Q&A. $249.99 Was $399.99. BEYOND+ Member Price Beyond Plus Membership: Join Now $199.99 Savings Event. Free Shipping on Orders Over $39 Qty Choose Quantity. I paid the $29.00 for the membership and tried to order the product, only to find out DYSON is exempt from the discount membership! Now I am trying to get back the membership money. BB&B DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR INFORMATION ON THEIR WEBSITE. I did an on-line chat to no avail!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I visited Bed Bath & Beyond on October 13, 2018 on Kirby Dr in Houston Texas to purchase an air mattress. I explain to the associate what I wanted. At the time of my purchase I asked the cashier, "If it didn't work for me could I return it?" She said, "Of course. Just bring it back with your receipt." 3 weeks later I return to the store with the mattress in the box and receipt. I explained to the cashier that the mattress was not as comfortable as the associate said it would be so I would like a refund. The cashier at that time stated that there was no refunds only exchanges that could be done. I explained to her I had spoken to a cashier at the time of purchase and she stated that it would not be a problem with refunding my money, if I wasn't happy with my item.

At that point I asked her to call the store manager because I was told one thing and now you're telling me your policy changed in July 23 2018. At that time the store manager tells the associate manager to tell me it's nothing she can do but exchange it so I called the corporate office to try to seek out help with this issue. All I got was a runaround from the corporate office. So this is my warning to anybody that goes to (Bed Bath & Beyond). It's more of a (GOT YOU STORE). Here's my warning to the customers. Be aware. You've been WARNED...!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I’ve been trying to purchase using a coupon. The coupon that I was using was not expired and says $10 any purchase of $30 or more. I had $63 worth of items so I asked the representative to help me out but she was unable to help me. She doesn’t even know how to add a manufacturer discount coupons. The managers are not accommodating and rude as any sales associate. Very inconsiderate. It’s much better to buy in a regular store. The worst online store and terrible customer relations. Do not buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Be careful during check out. Didn’t realize I purchased a Plus membership! Very misleading check out. I tried canceling this without any results. That’s right. Locked in to a membership I never needed or wanted! Will never shop this store again! So much for customer loyalty.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Not happy with the service we received. 10/19 at around 8:30 pm I went shopping with my mother to this location, and we both had separate transactions and we wanted to use 20% off coupon. Since we were paying separate we thought we can each pull up the coupon on our phones. My mom used her coupon and as I was going to use mine through my cellphone, my phone died so I couldn't show the cashier the barcode. The cashier, a Hispanic dark skin older lady with glasses was so effortless and not helpful at all.

I explained to her that my phone had just died and if she could still honor the coupon and she said no, all I could do is come back and do a return and re-buy the stuff with the coupon. That's ridiculous in my opinion, now I have to go back and waste A. gas B. time all because the employee couldn't make a one time exception. That is NOT how you get customers to go back to your store and continue to shop there. Bad service! Schaumburg, IL location.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I purchased an item online. I get an email days later saying they want to verify information. Here's the snag, they emailed me, the order number was wrong, the name they addressed me by was wrong, and the email comes from Bedbath.com. Now, this day and age, all of those factors red flag scam to me, so I go online open an incident report from their website. They say, "Call us." So I call the number from the website. I got an answer, however, she transferred me (after all this explanation and verified everything they wanted) only to have me leave a message and say they would call back within 24 hours, well they didn't.

So 2 days later I respond to the email incident report, and find out they've cancelled the order, and haven't even given me back the coupon I used to reorder or offer to work to re-instate the order. I've since removed my credit card from their site, as they really have no professional customer service, and they have a scary computer system riddle with errors. And they blamed the bank!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If we could leave this item with no stars we absolutely would! Absolutely HORRIBLE experience! You can use the BB&B coupon but if the vendor doesn't ship you'll get the runaround and no resolution! A generic 'copy & paste' response is what will be provided! We ordered the item and waited to be provided a tracking number. Money was pulled and a few days before we were suppose to receive the item no tracking number was provided. I contacted BB&B and was advised that I would receive item by 9/26. On the 26th I contacted BB&B again and was told that it would be delivered soon and they would contact the vendor. 5 days later and no tracking number and my only option is to cancel the order or do a replacement order but would have to wait additional shipping time. Oh, and the best part was... I would receive a coupon for 20% off my next purchase!

Do they not realize that that's the coupon that comes in the mail every month! Not to mention... that's a coupon I can find on retailmenot.com. Absolutely ridiculous to even offer that as a resolution!!! It is now 10/4 no item... no tracking number no response from BB&B. The vendor (who I had to contact) stated they sell in bulk to BB&B and have no way of tracking their inventory or what they sell. I spoke with two managers (vendor Twinstar) and both stated the same thing... I've shopped at BB&B for years and this online purchase has been a nightmare and stressful. I wish them horrible things for their future as a company. Lol sorry I'm not sorry!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Having just tried to make several purchases there, I can state from experience that BBB's online sales operation is terrible. That includes the site itself, the ordering process, the tracking ability and the returns operations. It's easy to see why this company is failing financially. It's clearly a retail store dinosaur that can't quite handle transition to web sales.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

My wife and I shop at BB&B for a birthday gift for our daughter. The gift that she wanted was crystal. Well we went to the bridal/crystal section of the store to review the items that were for sale. After viewing the merchandise and decided on the items to purchase we waited for someone to assist us with the purchase, well we waited and waited and finally waited.

As we decided that the store did not need our purchases we began to leave and was meet by what my wife and I thought was a manager which it turned out to be.

Well she was rude from the start of her conversation which was not appreciative not professional. With her rudeness we decided not to patronize this store and began to leave as we expressed that her assistance was no longer needed. She got mad with undertones in her voice and stated that we were a waste of time anyway. Well if we are a waste of her time she is not a good steward of what she is placed in charge of. I will not spend my money where it’s not wanted. Will not be returning to any BB&B.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Don't waste money on express delivery! $21 for Express Delivery that wasn't on time! Ordered on 9/25, delivery was expected 9/27 - arrived 9/28. Too late in the day to receive my item for the trip I was going on! If I pay that much, I expect 2 day delivery to actually occur!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I was browsing the store this morning with my husband wasting time waiting for the mall to open. There was one employee named Leslie who decided she wanted to take on the position of a security guard instead of her retail position. She began to follow me & my husband like she seen us steal something. She went over to the manager & whispered something to him about us, then she made an announcement over the speaker saying security check a particular area that I was in.

When we exit the store she was waiting by the door with an alarm that kept going off I guess her plan was to activate the alarm so she can ask to check my purse. BOY WAS I WAITING BECAUSE I WOULD’VE HAD A NICE LAWSUIT!! I’m not even sure I would’ve been so nice. I might have hit her just for her actions. I was so disgusted because I didn’t steal anything but that one employee act like I did. I have spent plenty of money in that store in the past but I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! My husband also had a few choice words with her which she wasn’t expecting. I also snapped her picture. I just might humiliate her all over the internet like she tried to humiliate me by making me feel like I stole something.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information