3.7/5 (601 ratings)

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: May 7, 2022

This is the worst company I’ve ever ordered from. Received broken items from an order back in February 2022, made numerous phone calls and was promised replacement items, on the fourth call in May 2022 spoke to somebody again who said my items were no longer in stock and they would reimburse me a whole $20 for my set of plates that I ordered just enough for my family. Then they said they could reimburse me if I shipped them all back at my cost and time and gas. Unbelievable and I will never ever use this company or any company related to them again. Beware of Bed Bath and Beyond.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Recently BB&B offered me a $60 fund as an exclusive offer as a member with a $200 purchase. The cashier sent the information and I went online and submit RVN and purchase time. I didn't receive anything. NONSENSE!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2022

On March 30th 2022 I receive a queen size daybed from Bed bath and beyond. An online only purchase. We get it and the boxes are badly ripped open and the top of the backrest is sticking out uncovered and unprotected with a gash ripping the velvet off the top of it. The hardware package wasn't taped to the wood, was ripped open and a lot of it missing. There is damage to both side panels also.

I called and was told to email pictures so I did. It's been almost three weeks and no one has ever responded, It's just me emailing myself, looking like an idiot. I called and was told that they received my emails and to continue emailing. I told her that I'd live with the one side panel with holes, badly cut wood holes, ripped material etc if the backrest and hardware package was replaced. I then discovered the other side of the bed has a huge dent in it. She said I was sweet, "I'm sorry for your trouble. I'll give you 10% back but I'll be gone tomorrow" and then gone. She never said how long she'd be gone. I said that I didn't want to wait. She said, "The original person (Ann) will get back to you via email." More emailing to the black hole that is customer service there, with no response.

I emailed that customer service email she sent me separately and I got an email back saying that it wasn't a moderated email. I refuse to mail it back to them and hope I get replacements. I read other reviews where they didn't get their money or product after returning. So, our two choices are to drive 4 hours to the closest large city and return it to the store and hope we'll get all of our money back (on inspection and their discretion), or keep it as is and go buy the hardware to try to put it together damaged. We love it and just want some of the replacements and would be happy. It would be less expensive for them to replace the few parts I asked for than for us to return the entire bed and a loss for them in its current condition. I didn't even tell you all of the damage as the craftsmanship is terrible. I wrote a review on my purchase and it wasn't posted on BBB.

Thank God I didn't buy the smaller one there also!!! I bought a full size different daybed at Home Depot and it arrived quickly and had a hole in the box but the bed itself is in perfect condition because it was packaged properly. I thought that they were a reputable store and am so shocked that they don't care about their reputation and their customers! I'll research all online sites from here on out, not just the ones I don't know. I only hope other buyers will find our reviews prior to going through what we have. Take care everyone.

Original review: March 21, 2022

To whom this may concern: I placed an order on Sunday, March 20 2022 through the bed Bath and beyond website one of the items on my order was unavailable, so one of the representatives Ms. ** from customer service same day order contacted me regarding this issue. Ms. ** advise me upon checking on my order she realize my refund was short $43, and I should notify the store at 850 Third Ave so they could rectify this issue. I advise her that I called earlier in the day to confirm that they receive my order, and the manager on duty placed me on hold and never return back to the phone or rectified my issue.

So due to that incident I requested that she stays on the phone with me while I recall the store so they could rectify this issue. I then called the store and one of the customer Service representative in the store, Ms. ** answered the phone and was extremely unprofessional giggling and talking to her other coworkers while she had myself and Ms. **on hold listening to her entire background. When she did return to the phone I ask to speak to a supervisor and she told me that she will be the one to help me.

After I explain the situation to her about the way I purchased the item, and original form of payment would not be able to be returned back to the card due to me using Klarna, She replied with a very loud and aggressive tone (I can’t return the refund to Klarna and the Store is closing in nine minutes I don’t have time for this). I kindly ask Ms. ** to lower her voice and stop being so hostile on the phone with me I’m going to get my Credit card so the refund could be returned back to it. She continued in which the customer service representative had to interrupt her multiple times and ask her to stop talking to the customer in that tone and lower her voice, she continued being very aggressive to myself and Ms. **.

I then ask Ms.** or her name and she replied once again (I’m closing in nine minutes and I don’t have time for this I’m not giving you my name. I then ask Ms. ** to speak to a manager and she hanged up the phone on myself and Ms. **. I returned the call back to the store with Ms. ** from customer service on a three way call, someone answered the phone and place me on hold without saying anything or greeting me.

I then call for a third time and someone placing me on hold again. I was hold for about 4 Minutes before someone answered the phone. In which that person claiming to be a supervisor and did not introduced herself. I expressed my situation to her and my frustration and she brushed me off before putting me on hold, and coming back to the phone 9 minutes after talking to Ms. ** And Stating to me that the representative Ms. ** said that I was lying instead of rectify my issue for what I originally called for.

Ms. ** interrupted the conversation and explained to the manager that she was on the phone for the entire conversation and Ms. Teresa was extremely disrespectful to the customer, and we should focus on the refund instead of telling me what the sales representative said because that was not what I call for that is not what transpired. The call got disconnected whit the manager and my situation was still not rectified with the store so Ms. Pradilmar had to override the system and fix my issue due to the negligence and the unprofessionalism from that store.

The customer service I received today from this store 850 third Avenue and the sale rep Ms. ** that represents this store was disgusting unprofessional and very hurtful. I’m an extremely loyal customer to bed bath and beyond for years, and will not stand for the disrespect and someone belittling me due to not being happy where they work. She needs to be pulled off the floor because her customer service skills is very unprofessional and disrespectful. She’s going to continue to treat loyal customers this way. The customer service experience I received today I would no longer like to do business with BedBathAndBeyond going forward and will close my credit card with this company I was embarrassed and frustrated with the running around and the disrespect from the store.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Placed an order back in February on the 12th. I then received an email that the two items were on backorder. Received a follow-up on the 20th that it was still in process and no other correspondence after. I called back on the 24th and was told it was still on backorder. Checked again and saw that it had been canceled Without any explanation!!! What kind of business are you all running? I can see why there is a decline in business. This is not it!

Original review: March 2, 2022

I am a BBB Beyond member and have doubts about renewing my membership after this last debacle. This comes after numerous broken items shipped, some missing entirely (but customer service says I have too many missing items and implied that I was lying at one point. Uhhh, no you're just incompetent) But, let me preface this by saying, I never want to affect anyone's livelihood, business or company by writing a negative review over something frivolous. Especially with so many retailers going out of business. Some people complain just to complain and can't be satisfied. I'm easygoing. I don't ask for much but I do ask for what I pay for. And this has me infuriated.

2/3/22 which is one month ago almost to the day, I realized I was just about out of my essentials such as shampoo, shaving cream, etc. I had a *very* important upcoming event and my car decided to die on me that week. Feeling smart, I thought I'd get ahead of the issue and placed a BBB order. Well days went by and as my event approached and I'd only received 2 out of the 15 or so items that I ordered, I began to panic. The day before my event arrives and I realized I had no choice but to spend more money and just do a same day delivery. $9.99. Fine. I had no other choice. Add the $8 tip and that's nearly $20 in addition to the items I now had to double up on due to them not even shipping my stuff at that point.

This was roughly 12 days after my order. And anyone's who's dealt with their customer service knows that unless you have at least 5 minutes of silence in between each chat message and the patience of a saint, you're going to be in a bad mood by the time you even attempt to contact them (why even have chat, just use email if you can't actually chat at a reasonable speed).

I placed my backup order at 2pm that day. 5pm was the same day time cutoff. Mind you the website says delivery by 9, the email I received after ordering said delivery by 8, so we're already inconsistent here. But whatever, as long as I got my stuff that night, even if it was at midnight, I wouldn't have cared. Well.... I didn't. I didn't even get a call, an email, a singing telegram, a text, a freaking smoke signal, a messenger pigeon... Nothing explaining or why or even acknowledging it. Just nothing. AWESOME.

I didn't end up receiving my "same day delivery" until the following night. I had no way to get the stuff I needed... None. I couldn't even afford an Uber at that time because I already spent more money that I didn't really have to spend trying to compensate for the original order that for reasons unknown hadn't arrived. Supply chain issue, whatever it may be, I feel like I should have at least been told that it wasn't arriving that wee... Errr.. month... when I ordered the stuff. I wasn't going to go purchase the stuff I needed for a 3rd time. I should also mention that as soon as I placed the order, it was rendered unable to be cancelled. Like, right away. So they didn't even give me 30 minute window to cancel if I'd needed to. They just made it so the order was set in stone.

It's funny how quickly they can take my money and keep it but they can't deliver their end of the bargain in an acceptable time frame. Gets better though, as of today I still haven't received all of my first order. I also ordered several 10 packs of sheet masks... I received 1 mask of each despite it clearly being in the title of the item (Leaders masks, go look. I'm not imagining things). I've sat and tried to explain this to customer service at least 3 times. No one seems to be able to comprehend my issue. I repeated myself over and over about the masks and it was as if I was talking to a wall. So... Yeah.... Not a happy customer. Not even a little bit.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We bought a crib online from Bed Bath and Beyond on 2/3/2022. When it finally arrived and we tried assembling it on 2/11/2022 we found the back of it has a large hole that had been punched in it which made a sharp, jagged cutout (obviously not safe for a baby). We contacted Bed Bath and Beyond on 2/11/2022 and were told they would be shipping a replacement part that would arrive in 5-7 business days, and that a shipping number would be sent out shortly. I called back on 2/17/2022 because we hadn't heard anything and was told that there had been a delay, but the replacement part should be shipping later that week.

After not seeing a tracking number again I called back yesterday, 2/23/2022, and was told there was no record of anything ever being requested. I provided the reference number and order number and they still couldn't find anything. I asked for a new item to be sent out and to speak to a manager, and was promptly hung up on. I called back today, 2/24/2022, to confirm a new item was in fact requested, and was told again that no part replacement requests had ever been made and they would have to order one. I've now spent over 3 hours total on the phone with their support trying to get this rectified, and obviously all I get is a runaround. The customer service at Bed Bath and Beyond is absolutely horrid, and does not care about their customers at all.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

The order cancellation policy for online orders is abysmal. There is only a 30 minute window to allow for order cancellations, regardless of the reason that you want to cancel order. My order from early December was still not shipped as it was on backorder until late February, but there was no option to cancel it online. Being required to talk to customer support just to cancel an order is ridiculous. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

When you don't get a product to a customer before the 60 days is up, you should still honor the 60 days from when it was delivered. I was shut out of a return because BBB only recognizes the purchase date not delivery date. WRONG! DON'T BUY FROM BBB. AND STAY AWAY FROM KUVINGS BRAND.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!! I have spent hours on the phone being lied to time and time again! I ordered and PAID for a Dyson air wrap, I was sent a scrunchie instead. When I called customer service, they informed me it was sent in error and I was told I would be shipped a replacement this week and that Fedex would pick up the scrunchie today. Those were both lies from a customer service rep AND a supervisor. This supervisor told me she would check the warehouse and let me know that day if there was one available. Didn't happen, she lied. Today, when FedEx didn't come, I called fedex MYSELF to order the pick up. BBB made no contact with them for the pick up today. More Lies. After speaking to another supervisor, I was then informed they do not have an order coming of the Dyson air wraps and they will not be carrying them.

I then asked for a refund. They will issue it as soon as their piece of garbage $5 scrunchie is back at their warehouse. Then, 3-5 business days later, my refund should be processed (that would be about 2 weeks). So, for 1 month, Bed Bath & Beyond Will be holding my $730 hostage. I asked if I could just pay for the scrunchie and refund the rest. No. They can't do that either, but rest assured, they understand my frustration. THIS IS SERIOUSLY BED BATH & BEYOND INSANE!!! How on earth can this company be SO completely incompetent? You are THE WORST company I have ever dealt with and will NEVER spend another cent in any of your stores or sister stores and I intend to post this review on every platform humanly possible in every language known to man from sea to shining effing sea!

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information