1.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bed Bath & Beyond

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 31, 2017

239 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I went into store to return or exchange Christmas gift. Cashier was obnoxious and overbearing. Leaned into my face and demanded ID. I broke down and luckily my son was there to stop Melody. 22nd and Harrison Tucson AZ. I want this women fired. Should not have bullies Working in store.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Terrible service, products never arrived. I called. They said they were refunding the money. THEY DID NOT REFUND. More time wasted on another phone call. Clearly BBB does NOT get online ordering and they choose to lie to the customer rather than make it right. They also are incredibly slow with their online ordering postage. GET WITH IT BBB. You will be left behind if you don't get better!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

On 12/21/17 @ 3:58p I ordered a kitchen playset for my daughter, but realized right away that the item was set for standard shipping after I'd submitted it. The delivery date was set between 12/26/17 - 12/30/17. Needing to have it BEFORE CHRISTMAS, I searched for a way to modify or cancel the order, but couldn't find the option to do so. There were three shipping options: standard, expedited, and express. The expedited/express orders had to be placed by 12/21/17 to be delivered by 12/23/17. I sent an email and called customer service @ 4:05p, explained the situation, and was told right away that they couldn't do anything. (She didn't bother to look into it at all). I didn't want the playset if it were to be here AFTER CHRISTMAS; I'd just run out and buy my daughter one to open ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

Heck, I was going to turn around and purchase the item again, but was told again there wasn't anything they could do, and I'd have to wait until I received the item, then send it back. WTF?! I literally called minutes after to catch it! So $97 is in limbo in the meantime, waiting for the set to get here AFTER CHRISTMAS, then waiting again until they get their crap back. That's bogus, but it gets worse!! She proceeds to tell me that I wouldn't have gotten the item (on 12/23) anyway. I said it clearly states on your website that I had until the 21st. She says yeah, but it's too late, when I get the set, just send it back. UN-BE-LIEVABLE!! I tweeted the ** heads to let them know BBB really stands for Bad, Bogus, and **! Update: 12/23/17 @ 9:46a: The delivery window has changed to 12/27/17 - 01/03/18 lol. Wow!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Placed an order online on 12/16, card was charged and email confirmation received. Expected delivery date passed, and when order was checked online it had been canceled with no justification or communication sent to me. Was unable to give gift I wanted and now I know why Bed Bath & Beyond is a failing company. When I called to inquire all they said was sorry. Usually they send an email telling you it was cancelled. Usually doesn’t cut it. This is why Amazon owns online commerce. Insane customer service and subpar technology that cannot keep up. Fix it or get out.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Purchased an item a few weeks ago that was originally 60 and got it on sale for 40. Had to return it but didn't have the receipt. I received 15 dollars. I couldn't believe it. Have been checking their website and item never went below 40. What a ripoff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I placed an order online for in store pick up. I received an email saying that the order was ready to be picked up. I went to the store the next day but they told me the order wasn't there or was waiting to be unpacked. After a 15 minute wait in line the clerk was reluctant to look for it. I said I would wait, she went in the back for a while but came back empty handed. Another employee said I must have made a mistake and had it sent to my house. I explained that I had email confirmation of the order from Bed Bath & Beyond and PayPal and another email saying the order was in the store. She said it was impossible for me to ship an order to a store because I don't know their address. I had to explain to her that in store pick up was an option, that after entering a zip code the customer is given a list of local stores to chose from.

Apparently she had never seen the website (or any other). They offered to sell me something else but I declined. I stopped the payment with PayPal, I will never shop there again. The store is filthy, floor to ceiling junk everywhere. I have seen better organization and more competent employees at garage sales! And only one cashier working at 6:00pm on December 19th. While numerous employees roam the store at least 15 people wait in line for one clerk.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I ordered several items on December 9th as gifts...was informed of items that were out of stock at check out and accommodated with other choices. Received not one but two confirmations along with an additional I believe of my order getting ready. This evening I received an email regarding part of my order being out of stock and removed from my order. Thing is that it was a combo gift... Plug-in wall thing and the scents to go along with them. Now I have 4 plugins being shipped with no fragrances.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I moved into a new apartment and needed a bed frame and decided to order one from BBB. The estimated delivery time was 12/5 to 12/14. I called on 12/10 when I noticed the order was still processing. The representative was very unhelpful and slightly rude. Told me to call back the next day. I did. I called on 12/11 and spoke with a nicer representative who said he would look into the matter and call me back with more information. No call back.

Today 12/12 I got an email saying my order was canceled (ONE WEEK LATER) because my delivery address and the address on my card did not match, which they do. I spoke with a manager, Patrica who was very rude and unbelievably unhelpful. She told me that my only solution is to start a new order... which means I won't have a bed frame for how much longer now? By Bed Bath and Beyond standards I'll be waiting months before I get a new bed. This has been a nightmare and I'm reporting my experience to the other BBB (Better Business Bureau). I refuse to just accept this.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I placed an online order early Monday (12/04) for two items to be shipped to my new daughter-in-law... for two days I kept checking the order status & it seemed stuck on "Order is Being Processed". So on Wednesday (12/06), I sent an email to BB&B requesting more information. I received an "auto-reply", saying my business was important & that I would get an update in 24 to 48 hours. Sure enough, 48 hours later, I got an email telling me that they were "now aware of an issue with our warehouse not being able to ship items out within the normal timeframe. We are getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible" & that once the order ships, I would receive an update with tracking information.

Finally tonight (12/09) I received another email advising that the order has shipped via "Standard Shipping" & gave me a tracking number & promised it would be delivered between 12/12 & 12/15... over a week since I placed the order. And when I checked the order status on BB&B's website, it's still showing as "Order is Being Processed". So what is it?

I understand that this is a busy time of year for all online & B&M retailers, but it would seem to me that in the interest of "Customer Service", the shipping method should have been upgraded as others (Amazon is one that I know for sure does this) have done. Leaving it to the vagaries of "Standard Shipping" via FedEx SmartPost leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth & it will be a very long time before I EVER order anything from Bed Bath & Beyond again! In the meantime, they have continued to fill my inbox with multiple offers daily... if you can't take care of your existing business, you shouldn't be filling my inbox with your junk!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On November 25 and 27 I purchased two different items. Estimated delivery for the first was 11/29 - 12/05, for the second, Nov 11/29 - 12/06. For days both order said "processing". On Dec 1 (after the earliest delivery window) I called the customer service line and asked why the two orders were still "processing". They gave me no reason and said that they were still within their "expected delivery window". The first package arrived on 12/04 so it was still within their window. The second package as of today, 12/08 is late. It is tentatively scheduled for delivery 12/11. We will see. They obviously don't need my business and I am happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On November 22 I purchased 27 different monogrammed coasters for an event at my work on December 5. As I was ordering the system did not give me any clue as to how long it would take. I had to wait for the email two days later to give me an estimate. The estimate and email gave a range between November 29 and December 5. However I received an email letting me know that part of my order would be received by November 30. Here is where the nightmare begins. Despite all my emails and phone calls I was unable to find out about the rest of my order. I was so worried I ended up ordering all 16 of the missing items from Amazon. I received my Amazon orders within two days. I did not get an email from Bed Bath & Beyond that my items have shipped until the day of my event December 5.

I still do not have them and today’s the seventh. Don’t order from them if you have a deadline because you never know when you’re going to get what you ordered. I tried to cancel the order One week before the partial items were shipped, and they would not let me so my company had to pay twice. I can take back what I don’t need but it’s just one more inconvenience for me. Terrible fulfillment center! They really need to get their act together.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I ordered from 5 different online sites on Sunday. By Wednesday, I have received 2 items at my home and have tracking on all the others -- EXCEPT the one item from Bed Bath & Beyond, where the website says my order is still processing. I called on Tuesday and the girl was not engaged, basically said it takes 2 days to process an order and I'll get an email when it ships. It has been 2 days now, but they are still processing. My daughter gets married next year, she will not register at this store and I won't shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

After my order "shipped" and the tracking gave me information on when it would be received (estimate), there was NO movement on the order. Called to find out and had the most disinterested person and just basically worked off of a standard response and told that I'd just have to wait until it got to me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I'd be told the same thing that she said. Asked again to speak to a supervisor when I was told that a replacement was going to be over-nighted. Finally got to speak to someone else and she repeated her response over and over. Not saying that perhaps issuing a shipped email to a customer with no apparent rhyme or reason as to when it would actually be shipped is a problem. WILL NEVER SHOP ONLINE WITH THEM AGAIN. So tired of dealing with "corporate" attitudes.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Placed an online order and went to pick up. No one at customer service desk. I waited 20 minutes for someone to acknowledge me or come to customer service. Asked cashier to please page someone to come to customer service desk. No one came and the cashier acted like she could care less... Horrible, horrible customer service! The store in question was Oracle store in Tucson, AZ.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Went today to Bed Bath and Beyond, West Edmonton Mall, a store I frequently shop. Explained about the seal leaking oil at the bottom of the jar as I had only purchased it 2 years ago. I mentioned I had purchased additional warranty. Was told, the return policy was changed by them a year ago so anything exceeding 1 year on any electric component will not be honoured anymore. Also even though they have all my information on file, the original receipt is required, which unfortunately we lost.

She called a store manager whom I asked what my options were as this was a 500 plus dollars Blendtec machine, she says, they don't carry just the pot so I would simply have to buy a new machine, no other options. Told her I will have to take my business elsewhere like Costco where they honour the products they sell. Was told "Fine, bye." Extremely poor customer attitude so will never purchase anything there in the future and hope others take heed of my experience with this facility.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Ordered 10/20/17. Followed up 10/27/2017... Net said processing! Sent 2 emails to customer service and was told delivery 10/27-10/31/2017. Called as net still said processing. Was told they tried to contact me as payment was not good (debit card). Nobody tried to contact me but I still wanted the item... 10/30/2017 I gave them my debit Visa number, and they even sent me a email with proper billing. It never showed up on my card and I called again 10/31/2017. They said order was cancelled!!! I wasted all this time with them and all I did was go on-line and got it for the same price (even after their 20% discount). PS: same card - delivery in 3 days (DEALBEDSCOM) and charged immediately. My business goes elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I ordered items online for a bridal shower because they were not available at the store near me. 2 of the items did not come in their original box or any box for that matter. I contacted the company to see about getting the boxes and was told they do not ship empty boxes. All they would do is give a 20 percent off coupon for my next purchase. I get those every month. I was told there is an option for special instructions on shipping. I did not think "please ship items in their boxes" or "do not remove items from their original box" needed to be a special instruction!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased a gift at the store. Since they had none in stock the sales representative stated that I should pay in store and the item would be delivered to me. I had given her my address to fill out the online forms. When I got home I looked over the email confirmation and the representative had typed the wrong unit number for my townhouse. I IMMEDIATELY called the Bed Bath and Beyond customer service and they assured me that the address change will be completed and that there is nothing to worry about.

My package got delivered to the wrong address. This was December 2016. Today's date is September 25, 2017. I am still waiting for a refund. Every time I call in I get transferred to several people. I have wasted several hours on the phone trying to get my refund. I then get told it takes 4-6 weeks to process a check and I need to wait. I have wait FIVE "4-6 week" periods but still haven't received a check. I then get told that in order to get a full refund I need to call a different department. The online service is an absolute joke. I love this store and shop here all the time; however this experience is quite disappointing. It does not take 10 months to give me a refund.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

When I ordered an item for the first time from the Bed Bath & Beyond's online store I was not informed, nor did I see highlighted anywhere, the company's arcane return policy. I assumed, mistakenly, that it would be similar to other online retailer return policies, either providing free returns or for returning unwanted items to a company owned and operated store. However, once I received the item and discovered it was too large for my intended use, I went online to find out how to return it, only to discover that, returns to physical stores are not allowed and returning it would involve a 20% restocking fee in addition to paying the return shipping, which is only allowed through the company's designated shipper. Moreover, I was informed I needed to contact customer service to arrange for the return.

This I attempted to do but gave up after waiting over 30 minutes to speak to a representative, all of whom, I was told, were too busy to talk to me at that time. I decided the cost of waiting any longer + the nearly 1/3 original price of the item meant it was not worth the effort, so I am keeping the item. I am pretty sure this is what Bed Bath & Beyond hoped would happen. This seems to me remarkably unsound business practice, though probably not illegal and it is certainly not customer friendly. Caveat emptor. I am a retired professor of organization theory and if I was taken in my bet is others will be as well, so I am writing this review as fair warning. I for one certainly will not be using Bed Bath & Beyond online in the future!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I placed an order 8 days ago. The "free shipping is through the FedEx SmartPost." In other words by Pony Express. The item sat for 4 days, not being processed by the post office. I called today and the company has a lot of excuses only. I hope it gets here by tomorrow. Buyers beware!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I thought this would be a simple process but it is turned out to be the opposite. The "college" website is very hard to navigate and the items might not get there when your child arrives at their school. My order delivery said to be delivered August 25th the day my son moved into the dorm. They changed the delivery date until 3 days after. My child went for 3 days with no bedding, towels, everything you needed for the dorm was in that $600 order. When I called they said they would try for the next day but it never happened. Then I called again and someone informed me that BBB does not deliver the day of move in because it's too hectic. That would have been nice to tell me that. I am Amazon Prime all the way now. HORRIBLE experience.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I visited a local Phoenix BBB recently and the behavior of the staff has bothered me enough to put this on a public forum. The male manager gathered up his staff near the front of the store and just kept telling his staff of 3 or 4 male associates that he would "handle" this character and that he was going to "shut them down". Of course, the hyped up energy brought attention to their activity as I was waiting in the very long line. I looked at my husband and thought with that kind of commotion I was concerned of terrorist type activity or something very alarming. I debated with the idea of abandoning my cart but since they didn't seem worried about the customers, I decided to watch the drama unfold.

A young lady and her partner walked in and had a return. All four of the members excitedly told them they could be helped immediately. "He's your man!" Then we watched as they said they were going to shut them down. Normally, we wouldn't be that interested but she was wearing this seasons latest Chanel and a squash blossom necklace that looked like a vintage estate piece. They were soft spoken, tactful and poised. They asked for an exchange. The manager obliged after making a few comments that seemed unnecessary. At this point, we were through the line but lingered since we wanted to see what drew the attention and time of four managers. Back and forth in the Walkie talkie radios... the customer offered to send it back, he insisted he could take care of them. They thanked the staff as I think they had a difficult previous experience. They left.

The lanky manager then said, "cancel that order". The other manager asked if he could keep it. "This is a nice one." I'm not sure if it was a floor mat but it was pretty large. Basically, these people who probably have no idea their order will never arrive trusted from what we saw as a staff scheme. I've often thought within the last two weeks of going into the store and getting that managers name... just to have. Do not trust that your refunds will hit your card... always keep documentation and check with your bank. The whole scenario was odd and a good reminder to not assume the staff has your best interest in mind. Very uncomfortable. I will be visiting a different store from now on. Avoid Camelback.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had a very pleasant experience at BB&B in Easton, PA today. As I was shopping for dorm supplies, I was approached by a very friendly employee who offered to assist me with my college needs. Whilst shopping, I saw one of those above-the-bed space saver shelves, and decided to purchase it. However, the box was poorly taped together (apparently it had been damaged in the shipping process) and I was afraid to carry it around the store while I finished my shopping. I had this brief vision of the box falling apart and spilling pieces all over the narrow walkways of the store. So, I had it kept behind the register so that didn't happen.

When I went to check out, I informed the cashier, a young man (Rafael), that I also wanted to purchase the shelf. He proceeded to walk over to it and pick it up to bring it over, unaware of the delicate condition of the box... and spilled it all over the floor. He immediately looked up at me, his face bright red. His coworker was laughing and the manager walked by and scolded him for not realizing the box was half open. I could tell he was embarrassed. He spent a few minutes taping up the box, gave me a discount on my items, carried it to the car and asked again if I wanted more tape on it. He apologized countless times. I didn't mind the wait or the box-spilling at all. I was impressed, however, at the kindness he showed me and the lengths he went to in order to try to make it right. I often encounter unfriendly and cold employees at the various places I shop at, and encountering such kind people made me want to shop here again. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I ordered a mirror over a month ago and have never received it. First delivery was on Aug 4th, no call and no delivery. Next scheduled delivery was Aug 9th, no call and no delivery. I called on Aug 9th to find out what was going on and no one came to the phone after I was put on hold. I will never order another thing from this company. I spent two days waiting and did not even get the courtesy of a phone call. I no longer want the mirror and I want a refund. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau and complain and also going to find out if I can take some legal action if I don't get a refund. I have had enough.

Original review: July 29, 2017

We were shopping for college dorm room supplies. Several staff members asked if we needed help and offered assistance. We were also told how to get coupons for our shopping trip. Amber (cashier) and Edward (manager) were especially outstanding in their customer support! Will continue to shop at this store and recommend to others.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I ordered a bed from this company and was told it would be delivered in twelve days. Two months later I still did not have my bed. I was lied to so many times. They even felt that it was my responsibility to find out information from their shipping company. It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had when ordering an item. I highly recommend you do not use this company. They are trained to lie to you and do not care about their customers experience with them.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I recently purchased a duvet cover for my bed. After waiting longer than the delivery date, I checked the tracking number and saw the indication "Delivered"... I did not receive the package. Actually the package was delivered to the wrong address. I tried to convey this to the customer service of BBB, and their answer was: "whe show that the package was delivered on such and such date". That's it. I have sent them to date three complaints regarding the same event and each time, they respond that they have a record showing that the package was delivered. YES, it was delivered but to the WRONG ADDRESS.

They then have the audacity to tell me that they don't know what my real address is. In fact, it is on my order, and on the three complaints I have sent. I even sent them the address to where the package was delivered. To date, I have not receive any explanation or an apology or anything else but the robotic answer that their record shows "delivered". So in other words, even if the package is delivered to the wrong address, and the carrier note says "delivered" that is good enough for you. Their customer service SUCKS big time. Their products are nice, and good quality, but the service is horrendous. Anyway, I found the same item for $60.00 cheaper at Overstock.com... but that's another issue. Thanks for listening.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Today I got in to the store with my one backpack, one lunch pack and 2 plastic bags holding by my hand. Everything was ok, until the manager came to me and she asked my very rude way a question; "Are you ok? Are you ok?" I just observed and I answered: "no I am ok, thanks." But she insisted again the arrogance and unpolite way again she told me with a voice increasing the tone: "put your bags in the front". She looks creepy way with this eyes and the voice tone, and she was unfriendly because she never said "good evening," or "hello," or "how are you," as a manager she should at least be more polite the way she express. I noticed she was extremely stressed.

So, I told her "no, thank you I am going out of the store." I told her nicely, but she just was following me, and she said again "that is the door" pointing with her fingers again. She just said "I am the manager of the store, go away." She is so rude. I have no idea why she acted like that. I just student full time at the university, I just want to buy another accessory for my home, I do have bags and back packs because I am bodybuilding lady, moreover she didn't explain to me that I cannot go in the store with back pack. Actually there are not announced any message from the entrance store. I believe that manager got really bad bad day today. She looked tired.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I returned to BB&B after not shopping there for a while and was impressed how selection and customer service improved. A year ago the store carried some basic linens, curious kitchen tools and some expensive items to buy with their 20% discount. Now, the store carries lots of upscale items, iRobot, Dyson, Wamsutta, Frette, fine china. I go there to learn new trends, and saw customers swapping coffee pods. There are no dead inventory lying on the shelves being unwanted. Their purchasing department stock shelves with top rated products. Their customers are smart shoppers looking for the best cost/value products. I have had good time there, asked for help while shopping and got lots of assistance. She walked me showing every each their luxury bedding, discussed colors choices, reviews and products maintenance. Very nice people work in Studio City BB&B, they want to make you happy there.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I could not be more frustrated with this company. I purchased a curtain rod at the beginning of May, and, while installing it, one of the mounts broke. The mount was cheap and made from plastic, which is ridiculous for an $80 curtain rod. So, I called customer service, and the first person I spoke with said he would send me a replacement mount. After three weeks, I called back, and the second person I spoke with said that there were no notes in the system from my first call, but that he would send me the replacement mount. After that call, I received screws and drywall anchors in the mail, not the wall mount that the curtain rod rests in like I had specified.

So, I called in a third time, emailed them a picture of the wall mount I needed, and I received the wrong wall mount in the mail. I will, of course, never spend another dollar at Bed Bath & Beyond, and I hope that some of you will consider taking your business elsewhere if you are on the fence about where to do your home decor shopping. Target and Amazon are much better options.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use