1.3/5 (33 ratings)

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

My wife and I were looking for an item which we couldn't find in store # 480 this evening. Joseph helped us by ordering it online which we weren't aware of this policy. He was very helpful and his customer service skills were outstanding not to mention he could probably type 150 words per minute on that keyboard (LOL). We'll definitely make this store our first to go to from now on. Seems this world is lacking the customer care that Joseph provided. Thank you Joseph for making our shopping experience a nice one. Kevin & Judy A

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

What a piece of ** company. I go on the company in order to carpets for the bathroom. It says I can pick them up at my local store today. It says they have plenty in stock. I pay for the item and immediately I get a email saying that the product is no longer available for store pickup and now I have to get it shipped to me and wait two weeks. If I want to refund I got a wait two weeks to get a refund so basically they screw you with lies. What a pathetic piece of ** company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

As a decades long customer with a home FULL of BBB products I was sad to hear you may go out of business, until today's phone call. They didn't say their names, but it was a man & woman at 1:56 & 1:57pm on 1/8/2023 at 6401 w Plano Pkwy Plano, Tx 75093. I left the following review & will take my business elsewhere:

WOW! Mind BLOWN at horrible customer service. I called to ask if this location was closing. The guy who answered the phone got angry and hung up on me after saying "whatever dude! People are losing their jobs!" I said "no no no, I just wanted to come shop the sales!"...and wham, hung up on! So, I called back and a woman answered and I told her what happened and said I just wanted to shop their location and was it closing? Her reply "how should I know!?" So, I said "well, there would be big signs on the front of the store." Then she says if I want help to call Corporate and slams the phone down, too! Whaaat? Talk about going down in FLAMES. Buh-Bye BBB!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Just a few months pre-COVID, before massive supply chain issues, I purchased a gift through the registry for my cousin's wedding. A couple of weeks ago I was looking for her contact info by searching old emails and I found a shipping email from BB&B. On a whim, I clicked the tracking. I was shocked to find: Carrier Awaiting Shipment. I thought this must be a glitch. There was also a "delivered" email, but I had a bad feeling, so I clicked the customer service chat. I was told that the item had been out of stock and never arrived! So my cousin never got the gift and there were no emails or anything to let me know. I was mortified. They also told me I was never charged because the order didn't go through. That seemed confusing two different things.

I checked the credit card I would likely have used and didn't see anything on the card, but I chatted again to make sure. I was also requesting that they reach out to my cousin because I felt awful and I wanted her to know that there really was a present, but they wouldn't do that. Just: "Sorry for the inconvenience." The second chat I was again told my "credit card" wasn't charged. I still felt there was something else they should or could be doing, and reached out through Facebook messenger. This time they got back to me after doing "research" and said that they couldn't get authorization from my credit card so it was never charged. No explanation for the two emails -- "shipped" and "delivered." They offered me a $65 credit which I thought was weird, but I said sure.

I was using the credit to get toys for my cousin's now 1 year old son. I looked at my account and was able to find the receipt for the wedding purchase. I hadn't used a credit card. I used PayPal. It was on the receipt. I went through old PayPal records and found that the money had in fact been taken out of my account. So they had taken my money, and sent me a shipped email and a delivery email and the items had never been shipped or delivered. I wrote them back. I haven't heard anything. Here's the thing, I don't believe that this is just me. I think this is a scam they have been running for years. Think about it: How many times when you buy a gift through a registry and it is being delivered to the recipient's home, do you actually check that it got there? Maybe you get a thank you from the recipient, but if you don't do you pursue it? Do you ask: Did you get my gift?

I think Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't deliver a certain of the gifts. They wait for people to check. A certain percentage never checks. They keep the money. It's the perfect crime. Steal a million from one person and you'll get caught, steal an average of $150 from 10,000 people who won't check, and that's enough to float a dying retail legacy retailer for another year. Do not register with them. Do not buy from their registry. Find the same product elsewhere and let the bride/mom/etc know why.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

The item advertised at the time of purchase 11/13/22 is not what I received. It said - Irish Spring Original, what I got was the Original Clean. I bought several packs of what was stated to be Original as it has become increasingly hard to find in stores. I realize Colgate-Palmolive has stopped making the soap I wanted, but assumed based on what was shown on the Bed Bath & Beyond website that they had some left in stock. When the package arrived it was the newer Irish Spring with flaxseed. I don't care for the newer version.

Upon returning the item to the store, I was informed that you don't get reimbursed for shipping for an online order. So not only did I not get what I expected based on what was advertised, but I also wasted money for shipping. Not happy. It seems that there are some companies that just don't update the web data to reflect accurate product information. I have wondered if these are marketing strategies to get people like myself to buy these items based on what is shown, hoping that I will just keep the product. All I end up doing is returning them, leaving a bad review and being frustrated. All over a few bars of soap.

It is the principle that I don't like being lied to or deceived. Businesses have a fundamental duty and obligation to advertise and promote products accurately and responsibly. If you like the new scent, that's fine, you're in luck, but if you want the older original scent you should look elsewhere. Unlike other online stores, you don't get reimbursed for shipping. This was BB&B's mistake. Interestingly, in BB&B's "Terms of Service" for a review, they warn not to do exactly what they have done. I won't be buying from them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I would give zero stars. Awful customer service, lie, can't get things right, even my name~! My order was placed, email showed what I ordered, it came wrong item. Nothing like what I ordered. They said it was because what I ordered was low stock so they sent me w/o my knowledge their choice! Awful piece of trash! I called customer service. Got finally someone who was really good who said yes there really were more and he would send it. Today it was correct but arrived broken in 7-8 pieces- outer carton smashed but inner box looked like someone threw in broken item and threw some dirty tape on a crushed end. I called and got a super nasty customer serv rep, and supervisor she finally transferred me to was insufferably rude. I am intending to sue.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I placed an online order and it was a disaster from the beginning. I was on the app. Put in my credit card and it said must use correct security code or different card. I tried it again kept getting the same error so tried my debit card 3 times same error. Finally I went on to their website and signed in and was able to place my order and payment go through. Well it turns out they charged me 10 times for the order that each time said it didn’t work. Trying to reach someone was a very long process.

Finally a week and half later the charges dropped off my account. Kept waiting for delivery it showed a delivery day didn’t arrive then showed damaged no bar code label and no available date. What the heck does that mean. Finally shows up and it’s missing one of my items that says it was delivered. After sitting on hold for 40 minutes to talk to out of country people that can do nothing but apologize but honestly don’t know what they’re doing I tell them I’m missing the item and they say they will resend it. I’m adamant that I better not be charged again for this. We will keep our fingers crossed that this works I get it and don’t get charged again. After this I am done with this store. They are very unreliable with terrible customer service. I tell you to be cautious ordering online with this store

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

To start BBB sells things at a very expensive price and then tries to get you excited with all these coupons. You basically spend the price you should with those coupons, there is no discount. Trying to use the website is a nightmare especially when they cancel an order on you saying the item isn't available yet it is still available online.

Numerous times I have received items in the mail that were damaged inside the packaging OR the packaging was damaged and the item was missing. Working with the company to get your money back is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!! I have called customer service at least 3 times now just to get a resolution and they continue to tell me to wait on the seller. If you want to buy home goods just go to Amazon or Home Goods, they are so much nicer, friendlier and have a WAY better policy for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Bed Bath & Beyond's customer service is the worst I've ever seen. It took me 3 phone calls and 4 virtual chat sessions to finally get to someone. The item I ordered was in stock but they forgot to ship it and then was backordered. They apologized and offered to cancel my order.. like that does what I want? I was guaranteed delivery of the backorder within 2 weeks and told to be given a $10 credit. The CS emailed saying they'll provide updates here. 2 days before the guaranteed delivery they canceled my order - they also only gave me $4.12 credit instead of $10. Since then I've reached out to that email and included Nancy Lehotay, VP Customer Service, on my emails and been ignored. Not only does their automated system and recommended CS systems SUCK, so do the actual people.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Bed Bath & Beyond it all started when I thought I would order a $279.00 dollar bed on BBB using my wedding registry credit.... turns out somehow my order got connected to a previous customers account (the customer who had been talking to the agent I spoke to, right before me) and seeing as now 2 emails were associated with the order, BBB canceled the order, no biggie right? Except they sent the other customer my refund. Long story short they told me it was my fault that another email was associated with the order as it must of been me who put in the wrong email. That seemed odd to me, because 1, I used my account to order it, and it doesn't let you edit the email when placing an order, and 2, what are the odds I would put in an email of a random customer I've never heard of, that happens to be the customer that spoke to the agent I dealt with, tight before me (I know that, as one of the 7 agents I spoke to accidentally told me that).

Anyway, I asked if they could remove the refund from the other person and give it back to me. Nope, they spent it already. What??? They spent my refund, what do I do now? "Sorry," says BBB agent, "records show we refunded it and you spent it..." Took hours of me begging them to call the number on the new orders that the refund was spent on for them to finally call the other customer and confirm what I was saying. And then the fun began anew. Investigation team will decide in 72 hours, but as an apology here is $50 credit. Hah, 72 hours later the investigation team removed the $50 and my refund? Nowhere to be seen...

I called again and explained the whole story again. Did they believe me? Nope, told me I put in the wrong email, my fault etc. When I threatened to produce the recordings of the other agent admitted what happened they finally refunded me. At this point over 10 hours in I feel at least I should get the $50 I was promised as compensation. Sorry no record... says the agent. I produce the email where they originally sent it. She hangs up on me...

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information