1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

256 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

Second time to has happen, takes 2 weeks to get anything from them, get like Amazon, Walmart and get them out. No one wants to wait 2-3 weeks for items. What a terrible company as they have you do all this bank security and other crap and why you never get products. Stop online orders!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Placed an Order early March, found out when no charges on Visa the order was not fulfilled, no notification by Bed Bath to any of my contact info. Called April 3 inquiring why they canceled the order, they say payment - I contact Paypal - a charge from BBB was never attempted. Have them replace the order but this time I will not have coupon codes to use (which I believe is why BBB cancelled the order the first time was to get out of using the coupons), I explain that birthing will be on X-date and can they get it there on time, no problem they say and give me their work extension and email, I check daily for the next three days online and by phone, assured the order will be filled. The third day I have no response to the email I sent day before nor this morning.

I call back and ask for a manager, told there are none available, I reply I'll hold till they find one (which I'm sure I'm just on hold with nothing being done), response sometime later is there are no managers. That day after numerous calls one person says that order/shipping has left messages for me (not) regarding an issue and give me a different number to call, you get a message stating to leave order number, etc. and they will return your call within 24-48 hours (that was three days ago, and of course nobody calls). I cancelled the order, called local Target and got a nice person to check the shelves before tagging friends to help me get there, they physically checked the shelves to confirm items there, I got a ride and bought what I needed, got another ride Sunday a few hours into another State and delivered the items needed for the birthing the next day.

I do not expect to ever hear from them regarding the issue with the order because the second try I gave them a visa number, and as with all bills, has a zero balance. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE FOR BBB TO NOT NOTIFY BY BOTH EMAIL AND PHONE WHY THEY CANCEL ORDERS ON THEIR END. There is zero excuse that when a customer calls there are no notes a representative can access or notes online a customer can see explaining why an order is canceled or suspended on their end. My guess, they either are or preparing to file chapter 11 or similar fate - if not - their business practice certainly will intentionally lead them to close.

Oh, I forgot to mention that their online web stated items were available in local store, went there before going to Target and naturally (as I have experienced before) item is not in that store. Thank You staff at Target for helping me physically collect, checkout, load car with needed birthing items. Thank You friends and family that put your needs on hold to aid me in getting those birthing items to the center before today's birthing. Bed Bath & Beyond has problems, I would not purchase anything expecting long warranty availability, as from decades of experience, I sense they are on last legs, the pattern fits other businesses that have folded.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Spoke with Najla - that the 2 items in my cart were showing 1-2 business shipping. At check out the 2 items were now showing 10 days shipping. She told me that the 1-2 business days is just order processing. If that is true, then why mislead the customer in showing the items only take 1-2 business days shipping instead of showing 1-2 days Processing? SECONDLY I stated that I had signed up for the 20% discount and it has been over a week and I still have not received any coupon. Her response was just that I’m sorry. I also never proceeded with the checkout, as I did not want to wait 10 days for the items to arrive. I then get a email from BB&B thanking me for my purchase! WTF...will be return the item ASAP.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Ordered a new duvet cover and sheet set on two different orders (two offers) online. Duvet cover came immediately, sheet set has a UPS tracking number and is "ready to go". Called customer service twice and all they can do is email the warehouse. Told them to forget it and cancel/refund my order. Can't do that - have to email the warehouse. HORRIBLE e-tailer. I can get these same sheets on Amazon for 40% more (not sure why the price hike), so I guess I'll have to break down and go to the freakin' store... UGH! I am so spoiled with Amazon. I HATE going into a retail establishment. Will bite the bullet, but NEVER order from BB&B online.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I ordered a car seat and cancelled. Then, I ordered a different car seat same time. That went fine. But I never received my car seat. No one bothered to call me and tell me they never sent it because of different billing address and shipping. They had a problem with that. Then we clarified that. Then I still didn't receive car seat. Supposedly it got lost with FedEx (that is a whole other story). Nobody from FedEx called to tell me they have no shipping ticket. Anyhow, finally Bed Bath & Beyond sent another car seat, express delivery (I received it 6 days later)! And when you call to follow up, everyone just gives you the runaround. I'm disgusted, nobody cared about my situation. I will never do business again with them. To receive car seat it took just about 4 weeks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: March 21, 2018

On November 19, 2017, I returned 2 small items without receipt and it was a pain. The manager in Westminster location found the store I purchased from but still refused to give me a store credit. She asked to fill out a form and took my merchandise to send back to the headquarter for investigation and said I'd get a call in 2 days. By February 22, 2018 I still have yet to hear from them so I called customer service.

After a few transfers and long periods of waiting, I got someone to take down my call details. I got a call back from the headquarters a couple of days later, thought my problem is finally resolved, but NOPE. The rep said she'd contact the store I returned the items and the store will contact me. A month later I still haven't received that call. Luckily, I took a picture of the form I filled out when I left my merchandise with the store. They were not going to give me any receipt! I am reluctant to call them back as it wastes a lot of time and might get nowhere again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I received a store credit of $159.98 at my local Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) in Delaware the evening of 3/18/18. My wife and I returned the morning of 3/20/18 to make a purchase with our credit. The associate scratched off the metallic PIN code cover, and when she put in the numbers we were informed that there was only $2.22 available on the card. What?!? Yes, the card had been almost entirely spent. The store manager called corporate and he was informed that the day before two purchases were made at a BBBY store in Glendale, Arizona. (I surely didn’t fly to AZ the day before only to be back in DE the next morning.) Anyway, I was put on the phone at the store with the BBBY fraud associate and was told to go ahead and make the purchase with a credit card and we would subsequently be refunded, but it would take a bit of time to get straightened out.

The BBBY representative on the phone told me “I am 100% sure you’ll be refunded” and I even said it out loud to my wife and the two BBBY associates that were helping us with our purchase. She even indicated that there was a really good chance she would be able to process the refund before the charge hits my account, while it’s in the “pending” state. I asked the lady on the phone to email me with that in writing, and she said she would and I gave her the info she needed and hung up. We made the purchase on our credit card as I was instructed to do. The rest of the day went by and I received no email which I found curious and a bit troubling. That evening I called the phone number the store associate gave me in case I needed to follow up on the matter. So that’s what I did.

When I got ahold of the BBBY customer service associate there was no notes or any information regarding the defrauded store credit number. Not good. She told me that BBBy store credit cards are “the same as cash” and there was nothing that she would do. Super not good! I asked for the manager. Again, I was told that there wasn’t anything BBBY was willing to do for me. I asked her to cancel the order for the purchase that we made with our credit card, and she’s informed me that she would surely try. I wouldn’t have put the purchase on my credit card if I wasn’t told by BBBY that there was “100% certainty that I’d be refunded.” It is possible that the store credit was stolen by someone within the company since it happened so quickly (the day after I received the credit), but who knows exactly how my money got stolen. I hadn’t no idea this sort of theft happens, until now. I’m blown away.

Anyway, I’d be very careful if you’re issued a store credit at BBBY. I would strongly encourage you to make a purchase at the same time you receive your credit, since those little blue cards can apparently be very easily be drained of your money. Mine was without the PIN even having been scratched! I always thought you were safe as long as the PIN was hidden. It’s a shame. I always liked to shop at BBBY, but never again- all over $150. Hopefully my story can serve as a cautionary tale to help you avoid being stolen from, and subsequently mistreated by BBBY.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered a mirror 2/22. Called to cancel my order because it’s not the exact one I was looking for. I was told I cannot cancel my order because the order has already been processed but I can just return the item once it has been delivered and get my money back. I agreed and was later sent my confirmation email only to see that my ORDER WAS ALREADY CANCELED AND SENT BACK TO WHEREVER IT CAME FROM BECAUSE MY ITEM WAS DAMAGED so I immediately called to get my money back. Today is 3/18 & I have called numerous times and still have not received my money back. Very disappointed in this company and definitely disappointed in the customer service.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I’ve placed orders twice online and twice it was cancelled without any reason as to why. I was notified neither by phone or email. It has nothing to do with my bank as the funds are there and then some! Will not be using Bed Bath and Beyond ever again. I’ll stick to other retail sites as they have never been an issue and I’m a big time online shopper.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I returned a mirror on 12/10/2017 and have receipt, however the credit was never posted to my account. I have been disputing this since then with the help of my credit card company. I supplied copies of my receipts, however they STILL dispute it and say I need to submit proof of return. I again sent a copy of the original return receipt and must wait for their reply! Having worked in retail most of my life I have never had such terrible customer service!!! The person who handled the return was very rude! Waiting 3 months for a return credit is ridiculous! They have lost a customer.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I stopped by our local Bed Bath & Beyond over lunch today and it was closed. There was not even a note on the door. As I walked back to my car and drove away I saw other people trying to get in, looking in the windows, etc - everyone was very confused by it. I called later in the afternoon and got a lady that wasn't apologetic or friendly by any means. She said they opened late because some of their employees live out of town and the roads were bad. I don't live especially close to work and managed getting to work by 7:30 this morning. The roads had been cleared for quite some time prior to me arriving there. All companies have their own policies, but I am not even retail and am expected to be at work when the roads are clear. The least they could have done was put up a sign. This is frustrating when you have limited time to run errands and find a major retail chain isn't open during regular business hours.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond on Sheridan St, 56 Ave in Hollywood FL! I'm a guy, so I take my time when I am buying things for my home. I was wearing a sweater hoodie because it was cold, 10 minutes after walking in the store I had some ** skin kid following me, I just shook my head an proceed to look for things for my kitchen! Yep before long the same kid was sent to ask me if I needed help, keep in mind there are only 10 people in the store at this time! I was followed thru the store, eventually I got to the check out line!

Across from me 2 employees stared at me, like was stealing but here I am in the check out line! 6 people in line, Bed Bath & Beyond has one line open! So when I need help to check out, Bed Bath & Beyond is like ** off, stand in line, they didn't want to help me then! But when you are profiling me and stalking me thru the store you are so called helping me? I hope online businesses shut companies like yours down! I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE! I will pass on my experience with your company and for the Lil ** skinned boy the supervisor sent to do his dirty work you should kick yourself in the ass for being a tool!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered 6 identical curtain panels priced at $29.99 each online and used a "$20 off your purchase of $75 or more" offer. My subtotal was $179.94 (6 x $29.99). Well, the panels were sent in 3 separate shipments of 1, 1, and 4 panels, each arriving on different days. Just more boxes and unwanted Geico marketing inserts for me to deal with. Unfortunately, at least 2 of the 4 panels in the last shipment were obviously used and repacked. They were wrinkled and bulging in their original zippered bags, and one had a completely opened zipper straight out of the box.

I don't appreciate being sent used merchandise when I'm buying items sold as "new", whether or not I am using a promotion. So these will be going straight back to the store. Unfortunately for me, if I return 2 items because of BB&B's mistake, I will lose a proportional amount of the $20 promotional value, or $3.33 per returned item. You see, instead of just applying a $20 discount to the subtotal, as I think most people would expect, BB&B uses a dirty trick and spreads the promotional $20 value proportionally across all items. This reduces the return value of each item, regardless of the reason for the return, and it effectively punishes consumers for returning items even if the items are used or defective.

If I return the 2 used, repackaged panels that were sold as new, my new subtotal should be $119.96 (4 x $29.99), which is still well above the $75 promotion threshold. But BB&B only gives a return value of $26.66 each for 5 of the panels (and $26.64 for the 6th). I don't see how this is not fraud. When I presented the 2 issues of selling used merchandise as new and not giving full return value, BB&B's online customer service was less than useless, as they would not even acknowledge either issue and just wasted a half hour of my time. Their response: Sorry for your experience, just return the item. *facepalm*

I'd be tempted to contact my state attorney general if I thought anything would be done. The only other retailer I have experienced applying $X off $Y+ discount promos in this way is IKEA. I really don't see how this isn't false advertising. You're not getting $X off your subtotal (what most people would think of as their "purchase"); you're getting $X divided proportionally across all items, reducing each item's return value, even if your updated subtotal is over the $Y+ threshold. That's false advertising and fraud in my book.

PROTIP: If I had known BB&B's shady policies earlier, I would have placed 2 separate orders for 3 panels each. I would have paid the same total and still received free shipping, but I could have returned up to 3 of the panels for their full value. All the more reason this proportional splitting of a promotion value seems invalid and sketchy to me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The first time we ordered something online through them it was a clock. It showed up broken so we reordered it and it took 3 weeks to get here! I just ordered a duvet cover from them over week ago and they haven't even shipped it yet! Even though I'm my receipt it said I'd receive it anywhere from Feb 27th - March 2nd. I've talked to them on the phone three times. The first girl said it's being shipped through a third party and that she'd send them an email to see what's going on. That was last Wednesday. I called today and the email didn't go out till today!!! I'm so sick of dealing with them. I'm about to cancel my order all together! Their shipping is terrible! They lie and say they'll do things to help the process and then they just sit there and do nothing! I will never go to their online store again. EVER.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Today I went into the Macon, GA. Store with a 1 time only coupon. The cashier scanned the coupon and told me I had already used it and could not use it again. I told her I had not used the coupon and she told me I used it last week at a different store. When I told her I had just downloaded the coupon last night she again told me since I had already used the coupon I cannot use it again. Basically, she called me a liar 3 times. Never once did she offer the computer may be wrong or offer the manager for resolution. Corporate placed my order and is shipping the item after complaining to them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Bed Bath & Beyond is usually good because they take their $5 off $15 and 20% off one item coupon at their store anytime even if they are expired. There are exceptions on certain items where they would have a sign posted. I'm a fan of Star Wars and they license everything under the sun. When these items are on clearance I would buy them. One day I happen to be walking in the area picked up some items and used the coupon no problem. When I'd checked my receipt it rang up as 75% off instead of 50% off on the box, wow, next time I'll pick up some more. Next time I go it's listed at 75% off as what I'd paid for before, so I'm picking and choosing $15 worth of Star Wars stuff, not hoarding. I wait on their ridiculous line. It was a return line, no registers open. When it was my turn I drop my 5 items and the lady said coupons not accepted because the manufacturer doesn't allow it.

I'd told her I'd use it several times before on these items and there were no signs stating that. She tells me they did it in error in the past and asked if I want to speak to the manager. I was just questioning why and she explained it to me. I was upset but not upset that I was irate or raised my voice, just puzzled. I told her, "Why would I need to speak to your manager for? Is he going to tell me something different? I'd never asked for one." I just told her, "Thank you, maybe I'll come another day and go to another register and they will allow me to use the coupon." I'd never took the coupon out of my pocket during this encounter, do I look cheap for her to assume I'm going to use a coupon or is she a mind reader? Not too happy with my visit. Spent too much time figuring out what 75% of these item equal to %15 for me to wait on line. Never was told coupons not accepted in all my visits to this store.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

As soon as I walked in the store an employee asked me if he could help me. I was looking for something specific so he looked it up on the computer. The store didn't have it so he ordered it and is having it sent to my house with no shipping costs. Extremely nice man. Very quick and efficient.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I went into store to return or exchange Christmas gift. Cashier was obnoxious and overbearing. Leaned into my face and demanded ID. I broke down and luckily my son was there to stop Melody. 22nd and Harrison Tucson AZ. I want this women fired. Should not have bullies Working in store.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Terrible service, products never arrived. I called. They said they were refunding the money. THEY DID NOT REFUND. More time wasted on another phone call. Clearly BBB does NOT get online ordering and they choose to lie to the customer rather than make it right. They also are incredibly slow with their online ordering postage. GET WITH IT BBB. You will be left behind if you don't get better!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

On 12/21/17 @ 3:58p I ordered a kitchen playset for my daughter, but realized right away that the item was set for standard shipping after I'd submitted it. The delivery date was set between 12/26/17 - 12/30/17. Needing to have it BEFORE CHRISTMAS, I searched for a way to modify or cancel the order, but couldn't find the option to do so. There were three shipping options: standard, expedited, and express. The expedited/express orders had to be placed by 12/21/17 to be delivered by 12/23/17. I sent an email and called customer service @ 4:05p, explained the situation, and was told right away that they couldn't do anything. (She didn't bother to look into it at all). I didn't want the playset if it were to be here AFTER CHRISTMAS; I'd just run out and buy my daughter one to open ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

Heck, I was going to turn around and purchase the item again, but was told again there wasn't anything they could do, and I'd have to wait until I received the item, then send it back. WTF?! I literally called minutes after to catch it! So $97 is in limbo in the meantime, waiting for the set to get here AFTER CHRISTMAS, then waiting again until they get their crap back. That's bogus, but it gets worse!! She proceeds to tell me that I wouldn't have gotten the item (on 12/23) anyway. I said it clearly states on your website that I had until the 21st. She says yeah, but it's too late, when I get the set, just send it back. UN-BE-LIEVABLE!! I tweeted the ** heads to let them know BBB really stands for Bad, Bogus, and **! Update: 12/23/17 @ 9:46a: The delivery window has changed to 12/27/17 - 01/03/18 lol. Wow!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Placed an order online on 12/16, card was charged and email confirmation received. Expected delivery date passed, and when order was checked online it had been canceled with no justification or communication sent to me. Was unable to give gift I wanted and now I know why Bed Bath & Beyond is a failing company. When I called to inquire all they said was sorry. Usually they send an email telling you it was cancelled. Usually doesn’t cut it. This is why Amazon owns online commerce. Insane customer service and subpar technology that cannot keep up. Fix it or get out.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Purchased an item a few weeks ago that was originally 60 and got it on sale for 40. Had to return it but didn't have the receipt. I received 15 dollars. I couldn't believe it. Have been checking their website and item never went below 40. What a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I placed an order online for in store pick up. I received an email saying that the order was ready to be picked up. I went to the store the next day but they told me the order wasn't there or was waiting to be unpacked. After a 15 minute wait in line the clerk was reluctant to look for it. I said I would wait, she went in the back for a while but came back empty handed. Another employee said I must have made a mistake and had it sent to my house. I explained that I had email confirmation of the order from Bed Bath & Beyond and PayPal and another email saying the order was in the store. She said it was impossible for me to ship an order to a store because I don't know their address. I had to explain to her that in store pick up was an option, that after entering a zip code the customer is given a list of local stores to chose from.

Apparently she had never seen the website (or any other). They offered to sell me something else but I declined. I stopped the payment with PayPal, I will never shop there again. The store is filthy, floor to ceiling junk everywhere. I have seen better organization and more competent employees at garage sales! And only one cashier working at 6:00pm on December 19th. While numerous employees roam the store at least 15 people wait in line for one clerk.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I ordered several items on December 9th as gifts...was informed of items that were out of stock at check out and accommodated with other choices. Received not one but two confirmations along with an additional I believe of my order getting ready. This evening I received an email regarding part of my order being out of stock and removed from my order. Thing is that it was a combo gift... Plug-in wall thing and the scents to go along with them. Now I have 4 plugins being shipped with no fragrances.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I moved into a new apartment and needed a bed frame and decided to order one from BBB. The estimated delivery time was 12/5 to 12/14. I called on 12/10 when I noticed the order was still processing. The representative was very unhelpful and slightly rude. Told me to call back the next day. I did. I called on 12/11 and spoke with a nicer representative who said he would look into the matter and call me back with more information. No call back.

Today 12/12 I got an email saying my order was canceled (ONE WEEK LATER) because my delivery address and the address on my card did not match, which they do. I spoke with a manager, Patrica who was very rude and unbelievably unhelpful. She told me that my only solution is to start a new order... which means I won't have a bed frame for how much longer now? By Bed Bath and Beyond standards I'll be waiting months before I get a new bed. This has been a nightmare and I'm reporting my experience to the other BBB (Better Business Bureau). I refuse to just accept this.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I placed an online order early Monday (12/04) for two items to be shipped to my new daughter-in-law... for two days I kept checking the order status & it seemed stuck on "Order is Being Processed". So on Wednesday (12/06), I sent an email to BB&B requesting more information. I received an "auto-reply", saying my business was important & that I would get an update in 24 to 48 hours. Sure enough, 48 hours later, I got an email telling me that they were "now aware of an issue with our warehouse not being able to ship items out within the normal timeframe. We are getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible" & that once the order ships, I would receive an update with tracking information.

Finally tonight (12/09) I received another email advising that the order has shipped via "Standard Shipping" & gave me a tracking number & promised it would be delivered between 12/12 & 12/15... over a week since I placed the order. And when I checked the order status on BB&B's website, it's still showing as "Order is Being Processed". So what is it?

I understand that this is a busy time of year for all online & B&M retailers, but it would seem to me that in the interest of "Customer Service", the shipping method should have been upgraded as others (Amazon is one that I know for sure does this) have done. Leaving it to the vagaries of "Standard Shipping" via FedEx SmartPost leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth & it will be a very long time before I EVER order anything from Bed Bath & Beyond again! In the meantime, they have continued to fill my inbox with multiple offers daily... if you can't take care of your existing business, you shouldn't be filling my inbox with your junk!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On November 25 and 27 I purchased two different items. Estimated delivery for the first was 11/29 - 12/05, for the second, Nov 11/29 - 12/06. For days both order said "processing". On Dec 1 (after the earliest delivery window) I called the customer service line and asked why the two orders were still "processing". They gave me no reason and said that they were still within their "expected delivery window". The first package arrived on 12/04 so it was still within their window. The second package as of today, 12/08 is late. It is tentatively scheduled for delivery 12/11. We will see. They obviously don't need my business and I am happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On November 22 I purchased 27 different monogrammed coasters for an event at my work on December 5. As I was ordering the system did not give me any clue as to how long it would take. I had to wait for the email two days later to give me an estimate. The estimate and email gave a range between November 29 and December 5. However I received an email letting me know that part of my order would be received by November 30. Here is where the nightmare begins. Despite all my emails and phone calls I was unable to find out about the rest of my order. I was so worried I ended up ordering all 16 of the missing items from Amazon. I received my Amazon orders within two days. I did not get an email from Bed Bath & Beyond that my items have shipped until the day of my event December 5.

I still do not have them and today’s the seventh. Don’t order from them if you have a deadline because you never know when you’re going to get what you ordered. I tried to cancel the order One week before the partial items were shipped, and they would not let me so my company had to pay twice. I can take back what I don’t need but it’s just one more inconvenience for me. Terrible fulfillment center! They really need to get their act together.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I ordered from 5 different online sites on Sunday. By Wednesday, I have received 2 items at my home and have tracking on all the others -- EXCEPT the one item from Bed Bath & Beyond, where the website says my order is still processing. I called on Tuesday and the girl was not engaged, basically said it takes 2 days to process an order and I'll get an email when it ships. It has been 2 days now, but they are still processing. My daughter gets married next year, she will not register at this store and I won't shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

After my order "shipped" and the tracking gave me information on when it would be received (estimate), there was NO movement on the order. Called to find out and had the most disinterested person and just basically worked off of a standard response and told that I'd just have to wait until it got to me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I'd be told the same thing that she said. Asked again to speak to a supervisor when I was told that a replacement was going to be over-nighted. Finally got to speak to someone else and she repeated her response over and over. Not saying that perhaps issuing a shipped email to a customer with no apparent rhyme or reason as to when it would actually be shipped is a problem. WILL NEVER SHOP ONLINE WITH THEM AGAIN. So tired of dealing with "corporate" attitudes.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information