1.31/5

318 Bed Bath & Beyond Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Today on March 18th, 2019 I bought Some Royal Danish cookies at the Arboretum, NC location. They’re on clearance and have been for quite some time (2) for $15.00 or $9.00 dollars each. There were only three left on the shelf so I took all three. When I got to the register, I told the cashier that these cookies are on clearance (2) for $15.00 or $9.00 each. I explained that there were only (3) tins left, so please can I have the third at $7.50? She said of course and began ringing me up. The first (2) rang up at $15.00 but the 3rd one rang up at $9.00 dollars. She did not know how to change it to $7.50 so she called over the manager.

The manager (Craig) is ** and said you only have (3) so the 3rd one is $9.00. I told him to please get me another (1) to make it an (4) so I can get the clearance price. He said that’s all we have. So I said then I should get the clearance price for your last one. He said “no it’s $9.00 dollars” and walked away. Now normally I wouldn’t be writing this type of review, but this is the second time that I’ve been discriminated against by this same manager (Craig) in this store. I can’t believe that Bed Bath and Beyond is receiving this email and a scathing Google review over $1.50. Also, my family & I will never shop there again as we do not like being the subjects of discrimination. Jordan.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I visit the Bed Bath & Beyond in Mays Landing, New Jersey yesterday for a pleasant shopping trip where I spent a few hundred dollars. My sister is the manager of Bed Bath & Beyond in Brooklyn, New York. I am on her shopping buddy pass so I get 20% off my entire purchase for the whole year because I am her friend and family. She use her discount anyway. As I tried to explain to the young lady to look me up or to allow me to call my sister so I can get the coupon she refused so I Use the coupons that I already had in my bag. She refused to use the ones that were bent. I asked if she can just simply type in the number. She reviews once. I alerted her that I was going to contact my sister and upper management. She then decided to tell me to come back with different people and then she will help.

The customer service was very bad. She didn’t provide a noticeably better experience. I will never shop there again. After all the money that I spend I would know that I will be treated with just a little bit more humility. It was a overall Harwoods brain management. Never show. I will never show up again. That was my last Time ever coming. She didn’t have on a name tag but she has a number on receipts ** employees number. Store 1315 Maysland New Jersey 190 Hamilton Commons Square.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered a bedding set online and after 4 days, the order was still being processed. I emailed customer service and got no answer. I even reached out to them on Twitter and they said that my order would be shipped from the manufacturer. The rep said he had reached out and asked them to contact him. Two days passed and I heard nothing. Now I have to start what I expect to be a long process to get my money back. I will NEVER order from here again. Out $400 and nothing to show for it.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have noticed little to no coupons mailed to me, after being bombarded with them for yrs. BB&B we got used to using your coupons and will not shop with you if you take away the reason for shopping with you!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Went into the Bed Bath and Beyond store in Tyler TX. I actually ran in to see if they had the color bedding and curtains I was wanting so I left my purse in the car but I took my wallet. As I walked through the store trying to make up my mind on which pair of curtains I wanted I saw a sales associate watching me as if I was going to steal something. The female ** associate walked by me a few more times not offering assistance but just keep a eye on me. I finally decided to go by the bathroom items just to see if she would follow.

Next thing I know she signals for some man and I read his lips as he ask who is it. She nodded at me then the man looked at me and said, "Oh ok. I guess they assumed I was a shoplifter since I had no purse, was wrapped in a large cloak, and was **." I politely put the curtains back and went to another store for my items. I wondered if it was a older ** lady shopping with no purse, a large cloak on just browsing would she have been treated the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: March 1, 2019

We ordered a $500 treadmill online. We did not receive the treadmill nor any form of communication after the initial confirmation of the sale. When we called customer service, they had no answers about where our treadmill was. Instead of supporting us, they had US call 2 of their outsourced shipping companies and Icon Fitness, who makes the treadmill. Having bought this product through Bed Bath and Beyond, I never expected to work with 4 different companies' customer service departments to solve this mystery. We have spent countless hours on the phone. It has been a month since we bought the product and we have had no movement on this issue, including any form of compensation or refund.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The dinnerware I selected for my bridal registry was a complete disaster. I had a total of 3 sets on my registry. I received one set at a bridal party. After that I received many questions about how to get the dinnerware because they cannot get it in store or online. I went to the store and after waiting to get answers and taking a huge chunk of my day to do this, they tell me that they’ve been discontinued. They gave me a refund and I selected new dishes. These new dishes I selected had to be shipped. I finally got the box after using paper plates for over a month and there was quite a few pieces of the dinnerware that were completely shattered. It was very poor packaging for such a breakable item. So I had to get on the phone and call to get some of the pieces replaced. They sent me another box. Everything inside was shattered because there was nothing in the box to protect the dishes.

I once again had to call and tell them what happened. I was still calm. The phone calls took forever! I got another box sent with half the dishes... Still don’t have a full set of my dishes and honestly it’s been 8 months into my marriage and I just don’t have the time or energy to fight on the phone with these people. Complete disaster. Not a very good wedding gift Bed Bath and Beyond!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My shopping experience at the Middletown Bed Bath and Beyond on Rt.35 North in the same plaza as Applebees and Chuck E Cheese. I returned a gift (vacuum cleaner) and received store credit on a gift card. It was late and the store is so huge that I decided to save my gift card and shop another day. Today (2/20/19) I decided to go use the gift card to buy my son a birthday gift.

As I am looking around getting lost in the world of shopping, My boyfriend and I noticed a lot of employees standing around, weird stares and that we were approached with "help" once then being followed around the store. Later approached again by same person whom I decided to fill in on what I needed to see how much she could help me hoping not to miss any cool things or good sales. She was helpful to what she thought would be good to gift someone but she wasn't knowledgeable on how to use the store gift card nor was she focused on the customers needs, she only helped because she thought we were stealing so wasn't able to focus on recommending many other items the store offered which I found while browsing.

As a former retail store assistant manager I realized we did fit the description of what to look for when scoping out shoplifters. We were hovering around possibly high theft areas (reading trying to choose the right gift in the budget). We are ** wearing dark colors mostly black fully dressed in coats and hoodies due to the snowstorm. I do understand that I can actually see where this store lacks security if at all there's even a high rate of shrinkage there. The store is so big there's so much in store!!

I am into Home and Fashion designing, I could be in there all day! Reminds me of how I used to always shop in the Shrewsbury Bed Bath and Beyond years ago. I'd go back and spend all my money there. Today I almost caught a shopping habit at the Middletown store but It was just so unpleasant being stereotyped in plain sight, to feel so uncomfortable shopping with those vibes even other customers aware, I have money I come from it! I work hard and earn what I need. I don't ever steal! I have alot to live for and I have morals as well as a future and children with futures ahead. I'll never go there again. I couldn't wait to spend everything off that store card and go spend my Cash elsewhere. I can't imagine if they actually thought I stole and embarrassed me and my mentally disabled boyfriend. Oh well Thanks for saving my money!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was appalled when I got not one but two emails to two different accounts about how my pillows I purchased a year ago now might have mites and it was time to purchase new ones. These were two Euro Pillow inserts. I purchased them at the store and did not give either of my email addresses. I wrote them an email and got a generic response saying "We acknowledge that this matter is in no way acceptable, and we would like to emphasize that this is certainly not the customer experience Bed Bath & Beyond/Buy Buy Baby intends to provide to any customer." BS with that. I won't shop there anymore. AND you can't say I must be the only one this has happened to.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The Beyond Plus program, as described by Bed Bath and Beyond supposedly allows you to get a 20-percent discount on an entire purchase regardless. This is completely false in practice; there are many, many instances where they will not discount a single item. I am completely disappointed and consider the Beyond Plus a complete "Con Job". They will not refund the $29.00 paid for the program subscription. I will not shop at Bed Bath and Beyond again period!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I purchased a couple of items last week and upon checking out the cashier asked if I would be interested in purchasing a reusable bag. I declined and then she asked if I wanted my items put into a plastic bag, which I agreed to as it would be easier to transport the items to my car an into my home. She then proceeded to say in a pretty unfriendly tone, that Bed Bath & Beyond will be doing away with the plastic bags in the future and they will only be offering the reusable bags. I returned to my home and threw out the coupons I had left for Bed Bath & Beyond, as I will not be returning to their stores. There are other stores that will still be offering plastic bags for your purchases; so glad there is competition out there!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

So, I searched a LOT online for drapes. The color I was looking for was “greige”, a mixture of grey and beige. I realized I needed to see the colors in person. So I made a specific trip to BB&B. They had a nice display of all the various styles and colors. I found the perfect one, pulled back the drape, and the shelves were almost completely bare. Maybe 3 mismatched drapes out of what should’ve been dozens and dozens.

I looked behind all the drapes; same thing. I asked a clerk why nothing was stocked and she blamed it on “Xmas.” But this was late January. There are only 12 months! Good grief! Shelves can’t be stocked almost a month after the holidays?? So I went home and ordered them online. But it’s been over a week and according to my tracking, they won’t be here for at least another week. I don’t appreciate having to try so hard to buy a product from a store that doesn’t stock the items they advertise having.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

The problem that I have with these stores is that they never have the product that you want in the store, nor can you pick it up in the store. Their pick up in store is a joke, not one product that I have been interested in is available for in store pick up. I have to pick up in store because I am not home during the day for delivery and the items are too big to deliver to work and take home. Their buyers apparently never watch America's Test Kitchen because products that are rated favorably by them are not in Bed Bath and Beyond, nor available for in store pick up.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

On January 8th, 2019 I went into Bed Bath & Beyond in Walker Michigan to purchase some ankle wrist weights. After the purchase I gave my address and has been waiting over weeks before I call to find out that I did not have a tracking number. I had to call the store twice just to get the tracking number as well as their home office the 1-800 number. I'm not happy the way I was treated with Bed Bath & Beyond. I thought they Services was unprofessional.

After calling Bed Bath & Beyond the second time and getting a tracking number I called FedEx which was supposed to have delivered the package today but didn't because of my apartment number was not written down. But it was on my invoice so it hasn't been a real good day and now FedEx wants me to stay at home all day long again just so they can redeliver my package. This should have never happened. I'm not sure that I would like to do business with Bed Bath & Beyond again. Also the color that I requested when I purchased the item in the store a sending the wrong color.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I bought a few items from them online. I would say that half of them came defective or with missing parts. The products that are small and available in local stores is relatively easy to exchange by putting them in the trunk of the car and driving to the store. But when it comes to the items that are available only online, exchanging the defective products is a nightmare. Once a customer service representative promised me that FedEx will contact me and pick up the box within a few day, but that never happened. I had to spend money and time on fixing it myself. I wrote a review about an item that I had problems with, and it never showed up although I got an e-mail from someone from Bed Bath & Beyond asking me if there is anything they can do for me. Basically, they try to hide the negative reviews about products so that can push as many as possible.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased a soda stream for my son online. The shipment was sent on 11/24. Everyday from 11/27 through 11/30 Federal Express tried to deliver, but since a signature was required they would not deliver it. Bed Bath & Beyond never disclosed that a signature would be required. We made several attempts with Bed Bath & Beyond to have them change the delivery address, but they never did anything. Federal Express stopped trying to deliver and kept the product at their warehouse until 12/10.

I cancelled the order and Federal Express sent the product back to Bed Bath & Beyond on 12/10 and delivered it to Bed Bath & Beyond on 12/11 (I have proof of delivery). Myself or my son have made several calls in the past few weeks to customer service because I have not been given the credit on my card and they keep blaming the vendor for the delay. If they sell the product they are responsible and should have given me the credit by now. I will now have to dispute it with my credit card company. I will never buy anything online with Bed Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We recently bought a fryer Oven (Phillips) a Humidifier BOn O Air and a Braun S9 razor at the Reisterstown MD store. Mr. ** and Mrs. ** gave us perfect professional and courteous advice selecting the products. We also joined the "Club" at $29 giving a 20% discount for 12 months. That just took a few minutes. We highly recommend Bed Bath & Beyond.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The Dyson was missing from the packaging. Store manager was called and the response was not helpful, seemed skeptical of the situation and did not sound very promising in term of getting back to us anytime soon. We called Dyson immediately to make sure the issue was documented and we are now waiting to hear back. Next time I will just buy Amazon and wait for the delivery.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Forced through attempting an online purchase to become a member. I was not even aware that they had members. But my account charged me a fee for membership but would not allow me to purchase my product. I've attempted to reach to get a refund of my money with NO RESPONSE. I will never shop Bed Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Placed an order December 8th with ADVERTISED promised delivery by Christmas. Got an email December 21st saying my order shipped and I would receive it December 24th. December 24th late afternoon I get another email saying my order shipped with expected December 26th delivery. Customer service blamed the issue on the vendor. I can return the product for a refund. Thanks a lot Bed Bath & Beyond for making me not have one of the most important gifts I wanted for Christmas morning. NEVER AGAIN! HORRIBLE customer service, FALSE advertising and passing the buck!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered a soda stream machine and the soda for a Christmas present back on December 16th. I was told that I would get it by December 24th and no later. When I called customer service which was several times I got the run-around because they could not find where the tracking was and they were blaming FedEx for it. It is now December 24th and I still do not have the gift I ordered and they still couldn't tell me what happened because it came from another warehouse so I just requested a refund and told them I would never shop with them again. I didn't get an apology or anything else for this major issue. They still couldnt give me a reason why I didnt receive the package. Never order anything from Bed Bath & Beyond, they are a joke!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Bought a bed that was deceptively described. Said specifically no box spring necessary. Pretty bed except for the fact that there is an 8-inch gap from top of my mattress to bottom of headboard. Bed with mattress sits very, very low -- I am elderly. Something very wrong with design. Spoke with Ms ** on phone. She was very sympathetic and said she would solve the problem so I could sleep in a bed I don't have to crawl out of or bang my head on headboard. Days passed... nada. Called her supervisor, Karina **... same... very sympathetic.. Said I would have a resolution in 2 days. Ha! Still waiting. Horrible treatment for a customer who for the first time spent quite a bit in line, with several purchases.

I will continue to fight for restitution. Do not deal with BBB. Funny. Their # is BBB go beyond! They should be ashamed of just stringing customers along. Stay away from their online shopping. Wayfair, Amazon, Walmart... all so much more responsive. These people just outright lied and did not even make notations re my calls. Merry Christmas. Oh I also paid someone $65 to assemble...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We purchased a baby bed that came damaged. So they sent us another one and told us to send the damaged parts back in the replacement box. The company that makes the bed Buy Buy Baby refused the return because the box was opened and resealed. So they sent it back to us. Bed Bath & Beyond said now we need to find a new box and send it back again. The box is a special size and I can not even find a company to have it made special. At present I have asked the company for a new box to send the product back that was damaged. Have not heard from them yet so I guess I will see what they say?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

This is a complaint about Courtney at Sunset Point Road Clearwater FL with lack of basic math and customer service skills. I have been in customer service for over 20 plus years and have processed mortgages with a Fortune 500 company. The way I was treated by Courtney you thought I did not know how to calculate a return on 14 days. I forgot the 20% off coupon on 12/7/18 and I was told I had 14 days to get the credit on the purchase. I brought on my coupon on 12/18/18 which is 11 days. Courtney handed back the receipt and says it has been over 14 days. I said to her I bought this on 12/7/18 and she says YES it is over 14 days. She has a bad attitude with poor math skills and customer service skills. It will be a long time if I come back due to poor customer service skills.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The manager said that without a receipt he could not return the Keurig I bought about 6 months ago. I had the original box and gave them the card I bought it on. In fact I didn’t have that card anymore. Called the bank to retrieve the numbers. And called the manager to give to him. He said there was no record of the card, which by the way I used many times in your store, The Manager Eric said that rules changed in July and now you cannot return without proof of purchase. I am so disappointed in your store. Was not asking for money only a return. I guess I will be doing my shopping other places from now on. Best Buy also has coffee makers and will match prices as well as Macy’s and Kohl’s. Shame you lost a good customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We have frequented BB&B for the past couple of years and every time we need anything it's a struggle. Our experience this weekend has this store crossed off of our list. We purchased a waffle maker last year around this same time, and used it maybe 10 times. We went to return it, we had the box, but not the receipt. Since we didn't have the receipt, we were told that they were going to take 20$ off of the return. We didn't ask for cash, we just wanted to swap it out. The cashier said that they couldn't do a straight swap, they had to give us store credit with the reduction. She stated that so many people steal from them that they had to start doing this.

WOW, now everyone is treated like a thief? She got smart and said, "Well, no other stores will swap your items without a receipt." Maybe she has never shopped at Walmart, Target, Costco or Sam's, but she is wrong. They were so rude and disrespectful to us that after the manager came up and "made an exception", we left the store and the basket full of other items we were going to purchase. We will never return. Store policy is ridiculous, the merchandiser should refund the stores' money for faulty products. They aren't the cheapest in town, and they aren't the best quality. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I spent about 300.00 online with Bed Bath and Beyond. I noted when placing my order that it was a gift. One of my purchases arrived at my home without a box and took the surprise out of Christmas. All my online purchases will now be delivered without a brown box and on doorsteps. This is totally unacceptable!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Please think twice before buying anything from BBB. I visited Bed Bath & Beyond on November 23, 2018 in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada to purchase window curtains for 3 of my bedrooms. Recently I moved to my new house and I needed window curtains as soon as possible. The store did not have the correct sizes for my windows so the cashier ordered 10 panels for me. Before she ordered it I specifically asked the cashier: How long I need to wait for it, and if Canada Post strike affects the delivery time? She showed me the paper with instruction {3 to 6 days to receive your product and we are not with Canada Post so the strike will not affect the delivery time}.

For the past 10 days I spent many hours on the phone with BBB customers service, managers Janice, Michael, and today even with Libbi from regional in addition to FedEx. Michael was the only one who was very upset about the whole situation. Talking to the other two ladies was a totally waste of my time. They are unhelpful, unprofessional, and do not care about customers. Today is December 11, 2018 and I have no curtains and according to FedEx I am not going to have them for a long time. In addition, BBB store in Newmarket did not even call me back and do not offer me any solution. This is my first and last order with BBB.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

On the day my coffee urn arrived, I followed their advice and filled it with cold water (25 cups) and ran a brew cycle. The inside of my brand new coffee pot turned dark bronze color, exactly to the 25 cup line. If hot water stained the metal, can you imagine what hot coffee will do? This urn is NOT STAINLESS STEEL! Bed Bath and Beyond's product description is a fraud! No where on the box does Hamilton Beach use the words stainless steel, BB&B is lying to us.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Please do not buy anything from their online store. I bought a bunch of things for my new apartment from BBB, Target, Amazon, etc. all on the same day and every other store arrived within the week. I ordered a comforter set and tower fan from here and still have nothing 2.5 weeks later. The shipment tracking has been in Chicago for a week and now states "No scheduled delivery available at this time", and customer service is so rude and unhelpful. I wish I had just bought these things from Amazon but I had two 20% off coupons, let me tell you that savings was not worth this hassle they have put me through.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information