Bed Bath & Beyond

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am very upset how I was treated today in 500 shoppes at Stroudsburg, Pa 18360 Bed Bath & Beyond. I was on the line in customer service and asked if they can locate my item I purchased online. The lady at the register said to ask Linda. She would be the one to help me. She was standing next to her looking at the computer. I asked Linda, "Can you look up my product?" I wasn't home and now just want to see if it's coming back to me. She didn't even look at me and just said "Call 1800 number." I told her since I'm already her and I was told by the other lady, "You can look it up. Can you please do so." She repeated with unfriendly voice without eye contact telling me to call the phone number on. My email. The line was getting long everyone was behind me waiting for help.

I was extremely disappointed how she was responding and ignoring me. I asked her nicely again, "I see that you're on the computer. Can you please check?" She said she is busy and ignored me. I asked the girl next to her what is her position in the store. She said she is the MANAGER. How can you treat customers that way??? She didn't want to help. The girl made the line long for customers, ignored me, didn't want to help and told me she's busy. If this is the way you treat your customers I will never come back and Definitely you will lose a lot of loyal customers by having a manager that doesn't do her job. Please reinforce Linda so called the manager and retrain her. Worst experience ever I walked out of the store immediately

I purchased five panels at a very reduced price on Cyber Monday. Just the curtain I had been looking for, in exactly the right color. I felt like I got a GREAT deal! Then two days later I get an email from Bed Bath and Beyond customer service telling me my order has been cancelled because the item is no longer in stock. I was very disappointed.

But I called customer service to see if they could substitute in a similar product so I could retain the great price. They told me NO way the manager is going to give me another similar product for that reduced price. I disagree, entirely. If the manager wanted to make the customer whole and retain the goodwill, I know they have the discretion of marking items down. Especially since all the good deals are gone now because Cyber Monday is over now. If their system had just told me the item was out of stock on the day I purchased them online, I could have just shopped for another item. So what I'm saying is the manager would rather save a few bucks than satisfy a long-standing customer. For that I give Bed Bath and Beyond a big zero.

Simplehuman products are among the products BBB sells. But BBB removes negative reviews about Simplehuman products from their website at the request of Simplehuman!! They did it three times when I wrote a negative review. But if you write a 5 star review, it is NOT deleted. Disgraceful!

I spent $211.32 and ordered a beautiful new bedding set for my 9 yr old daughter on 11/12/16. Expected delivery was 11/22 or before. A few days after placing the order I checked the status and, even though FedEx now had the delivery date as 11/18, their site only said that a shipping label had been created, not that the items had been received by them. When I didn't receive the order by 11/21 and noticed that FedEx no longer had a delivery date listed I called Bed Bath & Beyond and was told that even though I couldn't see that the shipment was headed to me, they could and I should have it on 11/24. On 11/25, still no bedding. Called again and was told that they ship the items I ordered from a vendor, but that my items had never been shipped. Which means the first person I spoke to LIED.

The guy I spoke to on 11/25 promised to reorder the bedding and that I would have it in 6-10 business days. I asked if they would expedite the order. He said that was up to the vendor, and that he would request it, but couldn't guarantee they would. He also said he would email me with the new order info so I could track it. That was 11/25. It's now 11/28 and still no email from customer service.

So, today I called BB&B again. This time the lady I spoke to said the guy I called on 11/25 did place the new order, BUT he never released it! Which means that had I not called I wouldn't have received it. Unbelievable. This time I waited on the phone while she released the order and sent me an email confirming. She actually offered, without me asking, to have it expressed shipped in 1-2 days, which I greatly appreciate, but since it took three calls to get someone to do the right thing it does not make up for the terrible service. Unfortunately, I only read the reviews about BB&B after I began to have trouble. Otherwise, I probably would've ordered from someone else.

I know these reviews don't go anywhere but I still believe that as a customer we should provide these reviews for others to make informed decisions before visiting a store! I bought glasses from them and the box should have contained 4 pieces. The box only had 2 pieces and I am not sure why they don't do quality control on their products so make sure you look into boxes when you buy them. Unfortunately I have lots of store credit as I made a mistake and registered for my bridal shower in this store. I have to use them :(

When I decided to return the missing box they told me I needed an ID to get store credit and of course I forgot my ID. For $10 the manager decided that he won't give me the credit and I have to go home and bring ID because it is their policy!! The manager (Guy ** ) was really rude and when I asked for his last name he said we don't give names to clients!! Anyway, I just have to finish my store credits and would not go back to this store ever again in my life. They should focus on customer experience instead of giving out 20% discount on items in store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

This place is a disgrace after placing an order online... The product which was liquid was completely busted. I placed a call to head office which wanted me to drive a 80min round trip to return and order a new product. This store would not compensate me for any of my time.. for their fault. I wish I read the reviews beforehand as I would never shop here. The disgusting customer service providers names are Dania and her so called manager Rashado **. These people are a

total disgrace to the company. And I cannot believe they get paid to behave this way. Says a lot about Bed Bath And Beyond. Disgusting is what it should be called..

Ordered a $125 item to be delivered by the timeframe that they projected to me at the time of ordering. When I checked out it gave the estimated delivery date of November 5th, then their website shows on the delivery date the only the LABEL has been generated and their site says it's "ready to go" for 4 days now. Had I been warned it would be an additional 4 days later, I would have bought the same product on Amazon and known what I was getting. I bought it for a client of mine as a closing present for them selling their house.

Now I've looked like a complete ass for it not showing up when I told them the website said it would. The expected mother is going in for a scheduled C-Section and they wanted me to tell them that when it arrived because they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be canceled and still would be delivered, to tell the gift recipients to deny the delivery and be responsible for returning the item should it be delivered etc...WTF!!! Thanks to Amazon I've never had much use for BB&B. This just made it that much easier for me to NEVER give them one more penny!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to express how happy I was to shop in your store recently! (#1015) I needed help with the baby registry, and was fortunate to get Danielle! She made my experience stress free by going above and beyond. We went over everything together, then she had me sit and proceeded to gather all the items for me, gave me ideas etc. So much help!! I went to the register and was greeted by a very nice young man. (Sorry don't remember his name.) Then went back to Danielle where she beautifully wrapped all the gifts! She was so professional, kind and respectful! You have a wonderful staff that you should be very proud of!! Thank you so very much!!

Ordered a speaker which was delivered in a timely manner. It was double packaged--which I appreciated--to protect the product. However, when I opened the actual product box I noticed it appeared to have already been open. Inside I found the product removed from its plastic protective cover which was shoved down to the bottom of the box. The screws that were needed to secure the base seemed to have been thrown in the box, along with the ripped, original wrapper they came in. Somehow one screw ended up in the actual speaker, which you can hear rolling around when moved. Overall, extremely disappointing. This is unacceptable and inexcusable.

I recommend against ordering online from Bed Bath & Beyond. They seem to use outside vendors with whom they have poor communication. I ordered 5 items, 3 of which shipped (each as independent single items) within a few days of my order. Nearly 2 weeks later I've received no information about the other 2 times. My order confirmation email gave an estimated delivery window that ended 3 days ago. Their online tracking link only provides information about times that have shipped, none about unshipped items. I sent an inquiry via email to Customer Service two days ago and have received no response. I called their customer service number today and the representative was unable to access any information about my missing items; after some time trying to track down information and some questions that sounded like she couldn't see my entire order in their system, she just said she would contact the vendor and ask them to give me an update.

I bought a set of curtains 2 weeks ago. I had quite a few questions. On top of that and shopping experience was enjoyable. I go in after work today to see if they received any more in stock which they didn't so I go ahead and pick up a few other things. An associate sees me searching through my bag for my phone and inhaler which was heavy. I had 2 large water bottles in it but soon after that they started taking my items from me and saying it will be at customer service which I didn't understand, then started harassing me constantly if I needed help.

I start to feel uncomfortable and no longer wanted my items anymore. Then as I was in the kitchen section I get bugged again after just being asked if I needed help. So I ask where something is and he usually always know because of previous questions before and all of a sudden he cant find anything I'm asking for. I eventually just tell them I'll order my things online instead I was made so uncomfortable. I prefer not to order my things online but a few months back on top of this I never received my order also.

Do not buy any product online. Their return policy is very poor and you get the runaround. It took me three times (with 3 different clerks, one was a manager) to get my money back from the store. I was trying to return a defective product that I purchased 60 days prior. They already got CASH and my credit charge was account was fully paid. It was quite a scene and not very good publicity for the store of that caliber. Go to Costco. They have the BEST hassle free return policy and you are taken care of in LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. I even called the Best Buy corporate customer service and they fully supported the local store's decision... NOT TO REFUND MONEY nor credit because as it turned out it was a COSTCO American Express that had been replaced with a COSTCO Visa. THEIR STORE POLICY IS A STORE CREDIT!!!

Placed first house furnishing/decorating order on May 15, 2016, in the amount 4657.00 US$. Placed second order a few days later in the amount of 670.21 US$.

Some items came damaged, some were not as expected. Returns were a NIGHTMARE! No return labels in boxes so online staff said they had to order call tag numbers with delivery companies. Boxes sat on my deck for approximately a week. Numerous calls to BBB later - finally some items were taken others remained on the front step. I requested one staff member follow up with me from their company so there would be no mistakes on such a large online purchase and return. She has let me know as items are returned for credit because there was no consistent system for returns and I appreciate that - but I had to request that from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Delivery Company Staff said Bed Bath and Beyond were the worst company for online delivery and returns that they work with. Eventually I told the delivery company to stop delivery on all remaining items scheduled for me from Bed Bath and Beyond. Bed Bath and Beyond said I would have to follow the return process on all scheduled items. Return Credits started going back onto my account on June 9th then again on June 15, another credit in July, and I have still not received my full credit on items returned. How can it take over 3 months to process returns for credit?

I placed an online order in February 2016. My credit card was charged twice for the same order without my authorization. I called the online ordering department and was told this is standard practice for online orders. I have made numerous phone calls trying to get my $2016.31 returned. The first lady I spoke with kept telling me the check was in the mail. After I had enough of her lies I got in touch with a supervisor who told me she was fired due to money mismanagement. He said he would have a refund check sent immediately. That was 2 months ago and now he doesn't return my calls. I have been lied to over and over again by Bed Bath and Beyond. I just want my money back!

Ordered a case of 6 half gal. ball canning jars from Amazon which was fulfilled by Bed Bath & Beyond. Item received was just small broken pieces of glass. Packing consisted of one large cardboard box with the box of six jars enclosed and one piece of bubble wrap over the top. This was inefficient as it allowed the contents to move within the cardboard shipping box and become broken. However, a big THANK YOU to the local Bed Bath & Beyond at Raleigh Town Sq., Raleigh, NC for accepting the return and giving a refund as they had no replacement in the store.

On Memorial Day weekend of this year, while sitting in my car at Bed Bath & Beyond's Rio Grande, NJ parking lot I was struck by a shopping cart an employee had accidentally let go and as a result it rolled into traffic. My car has three noticeable scratches on the front and chipped paint as a result of the cart striking it. While I understand that this indeed was an accident on the employee's part and she was extremely sweet and apologetic I was appalled by the attitude her manager Jenn ** displayed. Ms. ** at no point expressed sympathy or apologized for the incident on behalf of the employees or the store. While engaging with Ms. ** she came across as rude and discourteous the way she conversated.

Finally, Ms. ** handed me a business card so I might contact the corporate offices since I was told I could not file a report; she handed me the card and walked away as I was speaking. My family and I have been patrons at this store since it opened and are upset at the way employees are allowed to behave towards their clients.

Am very disappointed in Bed Bath & Beyond. When I use my Bank card because it has a chip in it, it has to be ran as a "Debit". I do NOT like my card being ran as a "debit". I always use it as a "credit" but the system Bed Bath & Beyond has you don't have a choice.

I went into Bed Bath & Beyond to just browse and kill some time. Welding the blankets apartment I noticed a leopard furry throw blanket on the clearance rack that didn't have any tags and was jumbled in a ball. I asked the lady in the department how much was a blanket and she checked on her scan gun and told me it was $19.99. I figured since it was on clearance and wasn't in perfect shape or packaging if I can get it reduced. The very helpful lady said, "Of course, just go speak to someone at the customer service desk." As I approached the customer service desk I was second in line. Waited my turn and instead of a "Hello, how may I help you" I got a "What?" from the blonde haired lady behind the desk. My mouth dropped to the ground hearing her asking me what. I had told her I found this blanket and it's the last one on clearance. Can it be marked down a little since winter is over and it's a fur blanket?

As she took the blanket and rolled her eyes at me, she scanned a small UPC found on the back of a tag on the blanket, threw it back on the counter, and told me "No." I mentioned that the blanket was the last one and it didn't have any packaging and was wrinkled in a ball on the clearance shelf. "Can I?" Surprised this second worker behind the counter jumped into my conversation and said, "Just fold the blanket and if you want it we will not be reducing it." That lady was not helping me to begin with yet she interrupted. After being talked so rudely by two employee at the West Long Branch New Jersey Bed Bath & Beyond I just wanted to get out of the store so I sucked it up and purchased a blanket for $20 and left in a very pissed off mood. I can assure you I will never be going in that store again. If they want to be mean to customers then they should find another job if they don't want to be nice!!!

I didn't have any coupons so I was offered a coupon. I had to wait 24 hours so I got my coupon through Text... Drove the half an hour to the store to retrieve my coupon savings on my card and the building did not have Wi-Fi so the link would not open in the store. They did not want to reimburse me. Now why is that my fault that they don't have Wi-Fi and I can't open the coupon that they texted me? They were really cold and short with me and really didn't want to help me. He eventually after I persisted decided to honor me but went on to lecture me that I better not do that again. Every time I come in there it's very disorganized and there is nobody to help you and nobody is friendly. The Boardman store in Ohio. I'm dissatisfied.

Bought gifts via the registry. The bride didn't want them, returned them. Called Customer Service to request reimbursement. Since I only shopped for the registry items, not only did they send back store credit, but they sent it to the bride instead of me.

I was at the BB&B in Stamford, CT. There was almost no one to ask for something and once I saw an associate he pretended twice not to see me. Then, I am at the register but the cashier can't help the customer he is attending so they call somebody to come. After waiting for a couple of minutes. I moved to the customer service cashier who is helping only one customer. After I have been waiting she tells me that the line start at the registers that that was not a checkout register one. I said that they seem to have a problem at the "only" register working and that I have seen them helping customers in that register. She loudly told me again "Ma'am the line starts over there!" BB&B customer service has really going so bad.

I just tried to return a $400.00 vacuum at Bed Bath & Beyond at the store in West Los Angeles on Olympic Blvd. CA. I got a complete runaround! The return desk manager was rude to me and publicly humiliated me in front of everyone! When I purchased this vacuum cleaner the salesperson said, "If you are not 100% satisfied you may return the item NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" Well since the day I purchased it, the return policy changed! Shouldn't I get a complete refund since the day I purchased the vacuum the policy was 100% satisfaction guaranteed!? I want to return this vacuum. It was $400 dollars and they wanted to give me today's selling price. (They don't even sell the item... The manager said they had a lot of returns on this vacuum!) I want a refund!!! I am very dissatisfied! Bed Bath and Beyond went Beyond getting me upset today! I actually want a refund and something for all my frustration and embarrassment!

I order a vanity table online that it was supposed to be new but when I received the package was open, re-taped and damaged. REALLY?? So I called customer service the same day (1/07/2016) and today is 1/23/2016, and don't get my refund yet so I don't recommend to buy here. I will be waiting few days. If not I will start a dispute for my money. Please don't waste your money and time here people.

Looked online for a replacement bulb, part # and 22 watt and 7 inch in diameter. Bed Bath and Beyond has it for $9.99. Went to local store, same model, fits perfectly DIFFERENT BRAND, $15.99. Bait and switch.

I ordered curtains for my granddaughter on 12-14-15 as a Christmas gift. They did not arrive on the expected date and in checking the tracking information with FedEx, it appeared only a label was created and the package was never picked up. Upon contacting Bed, Bath and Beyond on 12-24-15, I was informed there was a "glitch" and the curtains were never shipped. A replacement order was done that day and several days later I received the replacement only to find that only one curtain panel was shipped, rather than the TWO that I ordered and paid for. Again, I contacted Bed, Bath and Beyond. Supposedly, another order was placed on 1-5-16. It is now 1-11-16 and I still have no replacement and when trying to track the package with FedEx, again, only a label has been created and no record of a package being picked up.

I have now missed Christmas and a birthday that I was hoping to give these. It amazes me that an order gets screwed up and extra care is not taken to be sure that the "fix" is actually a fix. VERY disappointed in Bed, Bath and Beyond and will certainly never use their online service again, which probably means I won't ever shop with them again, as 99% or my purchasing is done online. Remains to be seen, if/when I will receive the other panel.

I ordered what I thought was a towel set from them online for a gift and had it sent directly to my brother's. It was $50. Granted I should have read the details more closely because only 1 towel was sent. In the picture online, once you select a color, it shows a set with multiple towels and bathroom mat. I called customer service and spoke with some lady and explained to them that it's misleading to show a whole set of towels if all you're getting is ONE towel! I would never imagine paying so much money for one towel. The lady didn't really say anything at all and just said to have a good day. I attempted to leave a bad review for the item, also including the fact that the color wasn't right and sure enough, my review was never posted! I even went as far to click that the other review, which of course was a positive review, was unhelpful, and that wasn't even posted - they took away my unhelpful click!

I placed an order online with this corrupt company, thought I was safe paying with PayPal. The item took so long to be processed that I had already relocated residence & it was delivered, very surprisingly by FedEx. The fact I had paid for mail forwarding did not help because it was shipped, (unbeknownst to me), via FedEx. The delivery confirmation was sent as junk mail, so I never received it. Regardless, this was a $200 item. The total I was charged was $224.68. I contacted FedEx, asked why they would dump a package on a doorstep without proof of a signature or ID. FedEx claims that unless they are informed the package was over $100 value, it is the procedure to dump & run.

I have since contacted Bed Bath & Beyond. They have stated in 3 emails they have sent a full refund as I have requested. BB&B claim the refund was processed & sent to PayPal on November 12th or 13th, 2015. Here it is January 2016, BBB claims they sent refund, PayPal claims they did not. $224.68 may not be a huge amount for some people, but for a single mom, it is too much to be ripped off. Bed Bath & Beyond is LYING, or PayPal is lying.

We made an expensive at Bed Bath & Beyond. It was a motor driver, air inflatable mattress. It was their most expensive model, almost $200. One of the reasons we chose it was because of the promised rebate. We completed all the necessary paperwork, enclosed all the required proofs of purchase and sent it to them. Today, almost a month later, we received a post card saying they would not make the rebate because "all required documentation was not submitted." There is no comment about what was supposedly missing, just, "tough luck." The card gives an 866 number to call for more information, but that only leads to recordings. When we try to enter the tracking number, their system will not recognize it. This is all obviously designed to scam customers, and not give them a way to even question the denial. Since defrauding Senior Citizens is a very serious matter in Florida, if we don't get our rebate, we will take very serious legal action.

My fiancée and I just bought a new home and decided along with it we'd order a beautiful dining room set. We also paid an extra $100 for the guy to bring the delivery to door. Our objective was to host Thanksgiving dinner in our new home for friends and family. First, the delivery guy showed up several hours late, and to make matters worse he was alone. This table is massive, so how on earth did this guy plan to deliver it alone you ask... Well he didn't, he planned on enlisting the help of my 5 foot 1, 120-pound fiancée to help him download the table. I wasn't there, but my fiancée helped him download the table from his truck and then to the front door. I arrived later to put this thing together. I put the 8 chairs together without a problem, but then when I opened the table box, this thing was DESTROYED. Looked like it had been dropped from a third story window.

Upon calling them several times, they seemed to not care that our Thanksgiving was ruined or that we paid $100 for a delivery that wouldn't have been possible without my fiancée helping lift and download this massive table. My fiancée's name was on the order, so she called dozens of times and was passed around/transferred over and over like a hot potato. This table cost almost $2,000! Now, Thanksgiving and Christmas has passed, and guess what, that ugly broken table in its big box is still sitting in our dining room as an eye sore, making our new home look crappy. Finally, they vowed to return our $100 delivery fee; that was two weeks ago and we've yet to see that refund. The new table is finally set for delivery today, and nobody knows how that's going to turn out. This whole ordeal has been a nightmare.

I was given a $50 gift card for BB&B for Christmas. I went I to the store and picked out what I wanted ($39.99) and also opted to buy two pairs of bats and gloves for the Salvation Army (totaling $49.99 altogether). The cashier swiped my gift card, then called her manager over, saying "It says 'Authorization Required'". Her manager tried swiping it again... nothing. So her manager logged onto another computer and checked my balance, and told me "There's nothing on this card". Confused, I left the store and called the 1-800 number on the back of the card.

I got a hold of Stephanie, who confirmed that there was a $49.97 balance on my card (why not $50? Who knows! Probably some dumb charge). I explained what was going on, and she put me on hold to talk to her supervisor. When she got back with me, she said they'd corrected the problem, and I'd be able to use my card inside. I confirmed and said, "So I can go in there right now and use it, and everything will work?" and she said yes. She said, "It looks like they swiped it in the store three times, which de-activated the card temporarily." What the!

Anyways... I went back in, and the item I had tried to purchase was still behind the counter. They rang it back up, swiped my card... and, nothing. The girl just shrugged and said, "Nope, it still doesn't like it." I said, "I literally just got off the phone with customer service, and they said the balance should be on there, though." I said it nicely. I wasn't being rude at all. She just shrugged again, shook her head, and said, "Yeah, sorry about that", even though I could tell she didn't care; just like the manager they were working under (12-31-15).

I went back out to my truck and started heading home since I also had a very fussy infant on my hands. After I fed him, I called customer service back and got Jason. I explained everything... again. He got in touch with his team leader, and after an extremely long hold got back with me and said, "It looks like they temporarily deactivated the card by swiping it three times, and it takes a while to get the card working again". I asked how long, and he said, "It depends on the credentials of the person who tried to reactivate it for you. It could be as little as three hours, as much as a day... maybe even a few days or a week. It's hard to say".

What?? No one seemed to care, at all. The manager in-store had shorter, brown hair and was heavier. Extremely unfriendly and unwilling to help. Would it have hurt someone to call the 1-800 number to confirm there was the correct balance on the card, and just re-issue me a different card, and cancel out the old one?? But no. Now I'm waiting... hours, days, maybe a week, according to them. And no one cares. That's just terrible service!!

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Profile