Bed Bath & Beyond

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service at local store in Matthews, NC is horrible. Outside vendor sent the wrong item and when I attempted to return it to the store, (per Bed Bath & Beyond's return policy) the Manager could have cared less about my situation and even walked off and left me standing at the counter for 10 minutes. Upon his return he did take the item. New order arrived and was damaged. I don't have the time or energy to fight another return. Emails to customer service have been directed up the chain of command with the canned response "Someone will be in touch within 24-48 hours". Needless to say I will never shop at Bed Bath & Beyond and will let all my family and friends know of my experience. I only gave this one star because I had to rate it in order to submit my review otherwise I would have given it a big fat zero.

Beware of the 20% discount if you are using it multiple times. We purchased one chair to see if we liked it. We did so I was going to order another and in the week it took for the chair to ship the price had increased by 20%!!! The funny thing is - I took my laptop & went to a coffee shop & when I checked it there, the price had dropped back to the original price - on the same day! They obviously track what you surf for/buy by your IP address & change prices on you. Beware & be smart - 20% off is not a good deal when they increase the prices by 20%!

These dinosaurs pretend to participate in online shopping. DON'T BE FOOLED!!! I'm still waiting for an order I place 9 DAYS AGO. Looking at other reviews now, this is what we are all subjected to. They should take that 20% voucher and fly to the moon on it. There is nothing that will bring me back. When stores like Macy's and Penny's are struggling, how do these mopes survive? It must be a money laundering scheme since the junk they have is usually available elsewhere for less and.... wait for it.... delivered in a reasonable time!

BB&B prefers the donkey walk. Don't buy from them!!! Reduce the landfills when 60 million weekly circulars are sent to unsuspecting fools like me. But now I've learned and want to spare the rest of America from dealing with these thieves. I'll get a my "whatever" shoulder shrugs elsewhere from now on. Hope they rot in useless merchant hell. 1 star is 1 too many for this outfit!!! My true rating is minus 100 stars.

Purchased an OttLite replacement lightbulb from store in Alameda. Not in stock in store, delivery to home or store same price, chose home, quoted 3-5 days delivery. 28 days later, product not delivered, attempted to send an email to the customer support address on the order document. The email address given on the order document was incorrect. Deduced the correct address, resent. Received a cheap and cheerful response which said, in essence: "we've ignored your message, please send again via this Web address". To do so, had to (a) re-enter the whole of the original message, and (b) enter a lot of personal information which had nothing to do with the complaint but which will enable BB&B to bundle it up and resell it to whomever they choose. BB&B in-store experiences are usually pleasant, but they have a lot of work to do on customer service by electronic message.

I ordered something online through Bed, Bath & Beyond. It came defective with parts missing. I called their customer service and was told to go to Fedex and send it back and when they received it they would send me my item. I explained that due to illness I ordered it online instead of going to their store which is 5 miles away and paid double due to shipping so if I had to go to Fedex and wait for fedex and wait for them to receive it and then wait again for me to receive it, I would just go to the store. Customer service said that was fine. I reminded them they would be reimbursing me for shipping since she didn't offer. She agreed they would refund me shipping and applicable taxes. I went to the store, the people there were great and exchanged my item, no problem.

Bed, Bath & Beyond sent me an email that they had sent a refund but didn't say how much. I emailed them back with the amount I owed and the amount they owed. They emailed me back that Yes, this was the amount they refunded. When the refund was received it was less than what they owed. I'm still trying to get them to pay the balance of what they owe. Their incompetency astounds me!!! This was my first time ever having an issue with something ordered online. This was my first and last time ordering through Bed, Bath & Beyond online. When they make a mistake they will not accommodate the customer and getting a refund is like pulling teeth! Save yourself a huge pain in the butt and don't order from them. I will NOT make that mistake again! I have no issues with the stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

This review is on BBB! They suck. Never order from them. They are incompetent! So, first, they send me the wrong bike. So, I got to BBB in Somerville, Ma and explain the problem. They order a new bike, but can't promise me that I will get the red spin bike, that is pictured on my order because the gray, stationary bike I received the same SKU as the red spin bike. So, I called customer service, so they can inform the vendor to send the right bike; it turned out everyone and their mothers had the same problem. So, I am excited to receive my spin bike when FedEx sends me a text that it has been delivered. Guess what!?! Bed, Bath & Beyond sent the wrong bike again! So, I ordered this bike on March 1 and today is March 23. Still no flipping bike! So, I have to take this heavy bike back to FEDEX. Get it together Bed, Bath & Beyond! I should have ordered from Amazon~!

I made a requested for my order to be cancelled due to how long it was taking to process. After an unresponsive email, two phone calls, a representative hanging up on me, two request to speak to a supervisor, and speaking to a supervisor whom didn't care, my order wasn't canceled as the email had stated. I was charge an additional amount, and the order was shipped. This is very disappointing. DO NOT ORDER ONLINE!

Bed Bath & Beyond customer service is an absolute joke. I ordered two items online from them and only received one. The tracking information states that my entire order was coming in one shipment. I have emailed them everyday for two weeks and they've ignored every single one.

I ordered a garbage can because it wasn't available at the store near me. A week later they had not shipped my order yet. I saw the same garbage can was now in stock at the store near my house. I called to cancel my unshipped order so I could get the same one faster. The company would not cancel my order, so I had to wait THREE more days for it to even ship. I haven't even received my order and it has been over two weeks. Their tracking is horrible and order processing is terribly outdated. Every big box store fills orders the same or following business day. Avoid using bedbathandbeyond.com at all costs.

The tablecloth description said 100% cotton, but when it arrived it was 42% polyester. I had NO use for that and it was THEIR fault, so I asked them to refund my entire cost, including shipping both ways. First they said no--shipping is not refundable. I explained that it was mis-advertised on the website so I should not be liable for shipping. They agreed and claimed they had made a note that I should get a full refund. I enclosed and highlighted that email from them with my returned order, but they STILL deducted shipping from my refund! I am still arguing with them. I will NEVER buy from BB&B again. Terrible customer service and their promises cannot be trusted.

This is the worst customer service I have received in my life. When I was building out my business most of the furnishings I purchased through Bed Bath & Beyond. I had bought some curtains for my business which had to be bought online but at the store and an employee had helped me. When I received them and it was time to put them up I noticed that they did not fall to the ground so I went ahead and went to the store with the curtain and the receipt. That same night I had purchased other items for my business and then when he was checking me out he scanned the receipt and told me the money would go back on my card. No problem. He gave me back the receipt and I left with my new purchases.

Fast forward two weeks I still hadn't received a refund so I go back into the store. Their response to me was that they couldn't look up the refund which makes no sense to me. They looked at the receipt which had the employees initials and circled for the return and told me that most likely the bank had put a hold on the refund and it would take time to get it. I call the bank who tell me they see nothing on their end and then frustrated I call the customer service number for bed bath and beyond who once again tell me that they can't do anything and that since I returned it in stores that the store would have to deal with it. The store once again was no help. She didn't even "try" to look in her computer so at that point I called the bank back and filed a complaint to get my eighty something dollars back. They asked me questions and they filed the complaint and issued a temporary credit.

NOW months later I get a paper in the mail saying that bed bath and beyond refuse to take responsibility for the matter and their proof was that the item was received at my house and they sent me the shipping and that it had been delivered. I don't know what kind of ** they're talking about because my dispute was not that I HADN'T received the item but was that I returned the item and never got my money back. I am at wit's end. Last night I tried to email them 1 last time because you want to believe that a corporation as large as BBB would stand behind their customers but in my case they have royally failed me. They too said they never received the returned item. So I guess it's my fault and I'm not saying they did this purposely but I believe this employee was not trained on returns and something and now I am left months later without my money. I vow to never make a single purchase from bed bath and beyond ever again.

I just wanted to "shout" out a compliment not only to your store but your customer service. All employees are pleasant and helpful. I also love the coupons. I'm a snowbird and right now I'm in Florida for a couple of months. Yesterday I shopped at Lakeland, Florida and had a very pleasant shopping experience.

On my way home I stopped in the 420 E Round Grove Rd, Lewisville, TX store. Before I walked into the store, I checked my purse for my 20% off coupon, oops left it at home. So, I immediately sign up on the web via my phone, only to receive an email that it would be 24 hours before I would receive my coupon. I decided to make a go for it and explain the situation to the cashier, boy was that a mistake.

I went ahead and located the $29.99 products I needed. Brought it to the counter, and began to explain my dilemma. The cashier looked at me rather puzzled and said she didn't have one to give, and then began to advise me to purchase the item and come back when I located my coupon. That's when I flashed the "you've gotta be kidding me"! My time, my gas for 20% off. Apparently, they were not capable of keying in the 20% off either. So, I asked for the Manager - thinking maybe the cashier was new.

As I waited for the Manager, I allowed the person behind me to proceed to check out her items, mind you she paid using a 20% off coupon. When the Manager came up, she asked the cashier what was wrong and the response was "she doesn't have a coupon" (sigh). The Manager then proceeding to tell me the same thing "I don't have one to give", "wait you do because the lady who just checked out used one." I then ask "would you rather lose a $29.99 sale versus doing the right thing" and she shrugged her shoulders.

I explained that I signed up for offers on their website but need to wait 24 hours. She looks at me and say, "Yeah they use to give it right away, but I don't know why they don't do that anymore." Okay that's really not an answer I was seeking. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "Really I cannot believe this is happening." She proceeds to walk away and then I said thank you for the customer service and that I would be contacting their Corporate office. Needless to say, I left the store empty handed.

As soon as I reached my vehicle, I immediately googled the phone # to corporate. After a brief hold I finally spoke with a gentleman and explained the situation, he seemed rather puzzled as to why they wouldn't provide the 20%. He took my contact information and stated someone would call me. However, after reading the comments on this site with respect to Bed Bath and Beyond that most likely won't happen. I advised the Customer Service Rep that the Manager stated, "Lots of folks ask for coupons," so how many other sales has that store lost due to this store's policy.

After hanging up with the Customer Service Rep, I went to a competitor (no name mentioned) and purchased a similar product for $10 less... So, thank you Bed Bath and Beyond for allowing me to locate something cheaper! You guessed it, that was my last visit to this store. I sure hope someone from Corporate reads this note and they change their policy, otherwise they'll be another store closing its doors. What happened with Customers First. Companies cannot afford to have ANY sales walk out the door. Shame on your Company and double shame on your poorly trained employees.

Worst customer service - Schaumburg Illinois Store. Yesterday, I went to a Deer Park BBB to buy a little floor vacuum. They did not have it in stock but said, after checking another store in Schaumburg, that they would hold a vacuum there for me till closing today under my name. I sent my husband there to pick it after his long day (and mine), and they neither had the vacuum, nothing waiting for pick-up, nor could they even tell me where the "held" items were "held". Just a waste of time for both of us. I have seen this store since its opening day, and I am a true multi-level shopper... This store's service HAS GONE DOWN. It's very disappointing. I will buy this online or Walmart for the same price... Despite their omnipresent coupons. It used to be THE place, but bad service has turned it into a large, not-well-run-understocked warehouse. I am sorry to have to tell the truth about this.

Ordered a Aerogarden from Bed Bath & Beyond. The pump was not working, so I put it back in the box. Put the return FedEx sticker on it, and the return paper inside. Took it to a Staples and dropped it off. Now it's been over a month, and no one knows where it went? I've called and emailed. I got a hold of Staples. They Got right on it for me. They looked at the store video and mentioned that FedEx had picked up their packages at 1:45 pm. From FEDEX and BED BATH & BEYOND my package got lost. Neither of them will help me!!! I called FedEx and they say Bed Bath & Beyond should have the tracking number. Bed Bath & Beyond keep asking me for the tracking number. There's no tracking number!!! Don't know what to do? I want my expensive product, that I bought. PLEASE!!! It's a lot of money. :(

There is sooo much CRAP in the aisle I could hardly get my cart down them. Every aisle had something in the middle of it with product on all sides. It WAS NOT a nice shopping experience at all!!! I will not be back.

My buddy, a 61 year old man left by himself to the store, he paid for his pans and knives. But when he put the cart back into the aisle his wallet was gone. He chef everywhere in the store and they even got his number. When he came back I drove back up there and asked for a manager. They came pretty quick and asked me what was wrong. I told them the story and they went to go review the tapes. When they came back about thirty minutes later they said their cameras were too blurry to even see the cashier! My buddy, my responsibility is in the line of fire because his ID, social security card and license were all in there. If a premises says it has video monitors on sight, shouldn't though monitors pick up the Cashiers and least at the minimum. How do I not know foul play was involved. Extremely disappointed in this service.

I contacted this company in November by email and immediately got a response email stating someone would contact me within 24-48 hours... 2 months pass and still nobody!!! I called and quoted my incident number from the phone call in November, spoke with a man that couldn't answer my question, waited 20 minutes to finally speak to another lady that said she need to speak with her supervisor before contacting me back later that day or the next day... that was 2 weeks ago! Still no response! I'm very disappointed with their customer service, obviously customers do NOT come first with this company! Incident # **.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Bed Bath & Beyond customer service is an absolute and total joke. We ordered a dining room table in November which originally arrived damaged. It took us a month for customer service to have a replacement table shipped, which turned out to be damaged as well! I highly recommend NEVER purchasing anything online from them. We are still waiting for our THIRD replacement table. We have spoken to several supervisors, and no one can seem to help us or return any of our calls. I'm not sure how these people even have jobs. Absolute joke. Never shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond again and I will never recommend them to ANYONE. If I could give this joke of an establishment a negative amount of stars, I would.

I would give it -5 star if there is a choice. Ordered items online, and returned 2 items in one package at the beginning of Dec. Only received refund for 1 item. Called 5/6 times over the course of 1 month. Still no refund for the other item as of today. Whatever their excuse, the whole refund process is a joke. You can't even check your return status online, not alone the refund amount. The lesson, do not order online from Bed Bath & Beyond, unless you are absolutely sure you won't be returning any item. It is total waste of my time and energy and endless frustration.

I normally do not write reviews but I had to for their customer service. They went above and beyond on what they needed to do. I placed an order and it was shipped to the wrong address. So I called and spoke to Joe from customer service. I told him the story and he told me since one of my order was shipped back that he was able to replace the item but the other two shipments, he couldn't since it was confirmed it was delivered. He would need to request the packaged be sent back before they can reissue. So here I'm thinking I will have to go to my old apartment and beg the current tenant to return my stuff and that all hope was lost. But then Joe called back and said that they are going to replace the items out of courtesy. They did not have to do that. I did not scream or shout demanding anything and I was willing to compromise. This is true customer service. Thank you!!!

I ordered this kitchen cart for almost 300 bucks in October that I never got. It is now 3 months later and 5 phone calls totaling over 3 hours of my time to try and get my refund. They keep putting me on hold (today for 50 minutes in total) while they do their research, only to come to no conclusion! Today I spoke to a supervisor who basically told me the same thing the reps keep telling me, that they have to once again, track the item and where it is and ended up, etc. before they can refund my money!? Are you joking ME? They still can't find it 4 phone calls later? Do they even know what they are doing? I have had it! This is "BEYOND" UNREASONABLE. I don't care what their procedures are, and I don't care how/why/what/or who lost it. Why is this even my problem? IT NEVER ARRIVED. PERIOD. I just want my money back without wasting any more of my time!

Today I was assured that I will get a call back tomorrow, (I have my doubts) but either way I still have no refund as of this date and fear I will have to keep fighting them to get my money back. I am so frustrated with this company! I can see there are a lot of people on this site with similar issues. I just wish I would have checked the (poor) reviews before I had ordered it. It is not reasonable that a consumer has to keep following up and waiting to get money back for something ordered in good faith that did not arrive. I will NEVER buy a thing from Bed Bath again, and I will be sure to let my friends and family know what kind of experience this has been for me.

In order to get ready for guests for the holiday I place a single order for three matching comforters and some kids' clothes from Bed Bath and Beyond's website with an expected delivery of 5-7 business days from ordering. Perfect! Two weeks later, I receive a package with two of the items: one blanket and the kids' clothing. Fine, I assume, the other blankets must be being shipped separately. Three weeks later I get another package -- a large box filled with air packets and one small blanket box inside of it. Fine, I assume, they'll send another wastefully large box with the last item inside of it. Four weeks later I get an email informing me that the last item in my order, the last matching comforter, has been canceled.

When I call the number for customer service, the lady informs me that that item has been discontinued and will not come back in stock. They offered nothing useful to make the situation better and "were not authorized" to do anything more than give one of those coupons you get every month for 20% off one item. Not even with prodding or suggestions that I could easily be placated.

Now I have to scramble to find a reasonably priced comforter for the guests that will be arriving next weekend and I have no way of matching the two existing comforters (discontinued) I've already received. I guess I'll be sending those back too. Oh, and my order is still listed as "Order Being Processed" on their site. First world problems, but really unexpectedly bad experience with something as clear cut as a mistake in their inventory management system. Really simple plain point to make or break a good customer experience. I guess Bed Bath and Beyond is completely fine with making their customers hate ordering from them? Good work.

I ordered two sets of wooden stools at Bed Bath and Beyond on October 10, 2016. Expected delivery date was October 14-19. The items did not come during those expected dates so I checked the tracking number and the status said the orders were still being processed. I emailed customer service asking when it was going to be shipped if it wasn't already.

I never got a response so I emailed the second time and didn't get a response the second time either. After the third time I called them and finally got in contact after being on hold for approximately 15 minutes asking if they have already sent it. They told me it was still being processed so I asked to cancel my order. This was already a month after placing my order. They told me they would cancel and that I would get a cancellation email, which I never got. After a month I saw that I was charged with the items that I never received. I called once again and they gave me the money back was charged $36 for a cancellation fee. After calling for an explanation as to why I was being charged a cancellation fee, the lady on the phone gave me an attitude and all she said was she cannot do anything about it. I recommend not ordering anything from their online site. Very bad experience and very disappointing considering I actually liked their products.

I am very upset how I was treated today in 500 shoppes at Stroudsburg, Pa 18360 Bed Bath & Beyond. I was on the line in customer service and asked if they can locate my item I purchased online. The lady at the register said to ask Linda. She would be the one to help me. She was standing next to her looking at the computer. I asked Linda, "Can you look up my product?" I wasn't home and now just want to see if it's coming back to me. She didn't even look at me and just said "Call 1800 number." I told her since I'm already her and I was told by the other lady, "You can look it up. Can you please do so." She repeated with unfriendly voice without eye contact telling me to call the phone number on. My email. The line was getting long everyone was behind me waiting for help.

I was extremely disappointed how she was responding and ignoring me. I asked her nicely again, "I see that you're on the computer. Can you please check?" She said she is busy and ignored me. I asked the girl next to her what is her position in the store. She said she is the MANAGER. How can you treat customers that way??? She didn't want to help. The girl made the line long for customers, ignored me, didn't want to help and told me she's busy. If this is the way you treat your customers I will never come back and Definitely you will lose a lot of loyal customers by having a manager that doesn't do her job. Please reinforce Linda so called the manager and retrain her. Worst experience ever I walked out of the store immediately

I purchased five panels at a very reduced price on Cyber Monday. Just the curtain I had been looking for, in exactly the right color. I felt like I got a GREAT deal! Then two days later I get an email from Bed Bath and Beyond customer service telling me my order has been cancelled because the item is no longer in stock. I was very disappointed.

But I called customer service to see if they could substitute in a similar product so I could retain the great price. They told me NO way the manager is going to give me another similar product for that reduced price. I disagree, entirely. If the manager wanted to make the customer whole and retain the goodwill, I know they have the discretion of marking items down. Especially since all the good deals are gone now because Cyber Monday is over now. If their system had just told me the item was out of stock on the day I purchased them online, I could have just shopped for another item. So what I'm saying is the manager would rather save a few bucks than satisfy a long-standing customer. For that I give Bed Bath and Beyond a big zero.

Simplehuman products are among the products BBB sells. But BBB removes negative reviews about Simplehuman products from their website at the request of Simplehuman!! They did it three times when I wrote a negative review. But if you write a 5 star review, it is NOT deleted. Disgraceful!

I spent $211.32 and ordered a beautiful new bedding set for my 9 yr old daughter on 11/12/16. Expected delivery was 11/22 or before. A few days after placing the order I checked the status and, even though FedEx now had the delivery date as 11/18, their site only said that a shipping label had been created, not that the items had been received by them. When I didn't receive the order by 11/21 and noticed that FedEx no longer had a delivery date listed I called Bed Bath & Beyond and was told that even though I couldn't see that the shipment was headed to me, they could and I should have it on 11/24. On 11/25, still no bedding. Called again and was told that they ship the items I ordered from a vendor, but that my items had never been shipped. Which means the first person I spoke to LIED.

The guy I spoke to on 11/25 promised to reorder the bedding and that I would have it in 6-10 business days. I asked if they would expedite the order. He said that was up to the vendor, and that he would request it, but couldn't guarantee they would. He also said he would email me with the new order info so I could track it. That was 11/25. It's now 11/28 and still no email from customer service.

So, today I called BB&B again. This time the lady I spoke to said the guy I called on 11/25 did place the new order, BUT he never released it! Which means that had I not called I wouldn't have received it. Unbelievable. This time I waited on the phone while she released the order and sent me an email confirming. She actually offered, without me asking, to have it expressed shipped in 1-2 days, which I greatly appreciate, but since it took three calls to get someone to do the right thing it does not make up for the terrible service. Unfortunately, I only read the reviews about BB&B after I began to have trouble. Otherwise, I probably would've ordered from someone else.

I know these reviews don't go anywhere but I still believe that as a customer we should provide these reviews for others to make informed decisions before visiting a store! I bought glasses from them and the box should have contained 4 pieces. The box only had 2 pieces and I am not sure why they don't do quality control on their products so make sure you look into boxes when you buy them. Unfortunately I have lots of store credit as I made a mistake and registered for my bridal shower in this store. I have to use them :(

When I decided to return the missing box they told me I needed an ID to get store credit and of course I forgot my ID. For $10 the manager decided that he won't give me the credit and I have to go home and bring ID because it is their policy!! The manager (Guy ** ) was really rude and when I asked for his last name he said we don't give names to clients!! Anyway, I just have to finish my store credits and would not go back to this store ever again in my life. They should focus on customer experience instead of giving out 20% discount on items in store.

This place is a disgrace after placing an order online... The product which was liquid was completely busted. I placed a call to head office which wanted me to drive a 80min round trip to return and order a new product. This store would not compensate me for any of my time.. for their fault. I wish I read the reviews beforehand as I would never shop here. The disgusting customer service providers names are Dania and her so called manager Rashado **. These people are a

total disgrace to the company. And I cannot believe they get paid to behave this way. Says a lot about Bed Bath And Beyond. Disgusting is what it should be called..

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Profile