3.9/5 (917 ratings)

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

My product was more than eight days late, and has been sitting in Indiana indefinitely. I had to be the one to contact them to initiate a return or replacement. This company made me feel invisible. They truly won't do anything to help you if something goes wrong.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I ordered a vacuum $200. They delivered it to the wrong address. My neighbour's. I went outside right away when I received their tracking **. It was delivered. I gave 1 star 5 times. No vacuum outside. No package outside. I asked my neighbour if they received a package and they said no way. They would have given it to me. They know my name. I called Bed Bath and Beyond and they gave me the run around and said, "Go ask your neighbours." I did. I also sent emails asking for a signature or a picture of the package outside the door they delivered it to. Guess what? Because of Covid they have neither!!! I am out $200 and a vacuum. I work retail also and we do not treat customers this way at all. Thanks for nothing bed bath and beyond. I will never ever go into the store again. Their reviews are all right so BUYER BEWARE when you shop here.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I first tried to order some champagne glasses. They appeared to be in stock, until I put them in the cart. I signed up to get a back in stock notification on Aug. 6th. I did receive one on Aug. 17th. I ordered the glasses and used my 20% off coupon that I get all time. My delivery was between 8/24 - 8/25. On 8/18 I get a notification that my delivery was running behind and the new date was 8/25 - 8/26. Today on 8/20 I get a notification "Unfortunately we're not able to fulfill part of your order" and they canceled my order. This is really annoying as I was expecting these glasses for a party. I guess I will go ahead and buy them from another website, which I was going to in the first place. This is not the first time I've had this type of problem with BB&B.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Bought from clearance. Great prices on bedding but poor quality. Washed from recommended instructions. One wash, two shams and came apart at the seems. Washed one time on delicate cycle. 3 piece set. One quilted bedspread and 2 shams.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I ordered a onesie for my grandson. A couple of days later I received a notification that it had been shipped. Two days later, it still showed that it had not been sent to a carrier so I called them. They told me it was out of stock and they would refund my money. Why in the world would they tell me something shipped when they didn't actually have it in stock? That's unethical and should be illegal. It seems like every time I try to orders something, I get an out of stock when I go to checkout. While I understand there are shortages due to COVID, be honest about it and tell me it's out of stock before I put it in my cart.

Last January, I bought Spode christmas handtowels on their site. They shipped my dinner napkins. I called and they said they would replace it. They sent me more napkins. Apparently, they don't know the difference between a hand towel and a dinner napkin either. I bought my DIL a Beyond Plus membership for Christmas. We had some family issues and the membership never came up until we were talking in June. We discovered that she had never received the email for the membership. They had no problem taking my money but the email follow through was a bridge too far. The shirt was the last straw. I hate being lied to and Bed Bath and Beyond makes a habit of lying to customers. I won't give them the opportunity to lie to me again.

Original review: July 22, 2021

The last few online orders I placed with BBB have been a disaster. Defective merchandise arrives that never should have passed quality control, packages arrive late or not at all, etc. This company used to have much higher standards; now I think you can get better service from a vending machine. SHAME ON THEM!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Ordered item 6/19/21. Bed Bath tracking says it's in my town on 6/21. 7/1, not yet delivered. USPS tracking says pkg in Atlanta waiting pickup. Cust service: oops, must be lost. Re-ordered 7/1. It's 7/8, again USPS says pkg in Atlanta waiting pickup. Soooo messed up! Cust serv is gushy-sweet, but can't tell me where, why, how, when. I quit.

Original review: April 27, 2021

As a person with a pre existing disease I try to limit my outside interactions, thus I needed a new tooth brush. I place the order online and wanted it to ship to me. The latest possible time of arrival was suppose to be the 26th (today). My order has not even been sent out yet as of today. I do a chat with them to see what is the issue. Their excuse was their shipper is having issues and is backed up. So you knew this as a company but yet still allowed me to order without any warnings. Nor did you reach out just as basic humans to inform me they are having shipping issues. They just took my money and basically did not care if I get my order or not... Their attitude was nonchalant. So I asked, "Why can’t you just set me up to pick up my items at my local store." Their reply was they can not change an order delivery method once it has been complete. But how can it be complete when it’s never left the warehouse. But again they act like it’s just my problem.

Either I can get a refund that could take 3 to 5 days or they can sent out another which would take 3 to 5 days. But again that would go back to the whole reason of the chat. My order did not come and has nothing left the warehouse. So it’s not going to be 3 to 5 days. They don’t apologize for the inconvenience, that don’t offer useful solutions when something is their fault. No wonder they are closing and downsizing, with customer service policies like that in a Covid and post Covid market place there really is not reason to use them. It’s not cheaper. Most time it’s more expensive, they will not work to fix their errors nor do they offer solutions to remedy the issue quickly. Horrible is the word for them!

Original review: April 16, 2021

Item was ordered on April 2nd, Received email on April 3rd that package had shipped, however, according to tracking, package did not ship until April 12th. When the package had failed to ship by April 10th, I attempted to cancel order but was told I could not because the order was complete. I spoke to customer service twice, once on April 9th and again on April 10th. I was told both times that the package was "guaranteed" to arrive on April 12th. It did not arrive until April 16th. Customer service people obviously spoke English as a second language and were entirely unsympathetic and unhelpful. I will never order from Bed, Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: April 7, 2021

We bought a 14-piece set of Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Nonstick Aluminum Cookware and the stockpot was defective. The lid won't seal because the pot was misshapen when it was shipped to us. We contacted customer service when we noticed this defect and were offered a $15 credit for a pot that costs $39. We just wanted them to send us a new stockpot but customer service wouldn't answer our emails. We even sent pictures of the defect and still no answer. So we finally went to the store (120 miles away) to speak to them and the only way we could get a new stockpot was to return the WHOLE set. We will NEVER buy anything from Bed, Bath & Beyond again.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I went all the way to the store to buy a NINJA air fryer on the very first day of the sale as advertised in their latest flyer (March 22, 2021) within a few minutes of store opening and I was told they never had it in stock! "Check again in a few days", I was told - they had no idea when it would come in. So why was it in the flyer at all? I think I'll stick to COSTCO, always been my favourite anyway.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I spent thousand and thousand of dollars with Bed Bath and Beyond and Buy Buy Baby for my newborn baby. I used to order online with no issue. I purchased a yearly Beyond + membership from them on last December; they have taken it away as of a couple of weeks ago from me with no reasoning - when I called the customer service for it they told me that my membership is still active at first but now they tell me it has been "discontinued".

This being aside as one of my issues, they have canceled multiple order of mine for "security purposes ". When I call the customer service to understand what is happening exactly, they have no clue; I called my bank and they said they have authorized the payment as I see it pending online on my CC account. After 2 weeks of back and forth with Bed, Bath and Beyond customer service, they still have no idea why my orders are canceled- They give me a bogus case number with no follow up-

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

When I bought stuff on line I received confirmation with wrong delivery address and I try to change to my address multiple times, but except confirmation on my email that someone try to change address nothing happens. Next day I call customer service and they ensure me that they finally able to change address, but forgot to mention that if I fail to do it in first 30 min after ordering, they will deliver to wrong address. That exactly what happened. After multiple calls when I did not receive my stuff, I was told that someone contact me with information. Never happened.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I purchased SALT® 16 qt. Stainless Steel Stock Pot that got rusted/chipped after 1 use. I brought it to the store and customer service refused to accept it. Said I have to call SALT for warranty, gave me the number that I called 7 times and the call was never answered. Also, SALT is Bed Bath and Beyond brand and they still refused the defective item return.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This company must be in deep trouble. I have purchased in stores and online for years and never had issues until the past year. Orders always have missing and/or cancelled items. Customer service is polite but very slow and seems unable to assist. Delivery of orders takes forever and is sometimes sent to a wrong address (one I never entered). Not worth the hassle! I will no longer purchase from them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I ordered a mattress and two pillows. The pillows arrived today. The mattress was canceled without notice. Now I have to deal with sending back the mattress. On other products, it is very difficult to find country of origin or product details online.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I stopped into BB&B today (I have mobility issues) and I needed to be directed to the one item I was seeking. At the entrance at CUSTOMER SERVICE I asked a fellow for directions. He said he didn't know where it was. He summoned someone who eventually showed up (about 5 minutes later) who also didn't know. Said he had to look it up on the computer. After a painful 12 minutes or so I learned you didn't have what I was looking for. That is my last trip to your store (located so conveniently to me I might add). Atrocious lack of service. Signed disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I've done business with BB&B for many years purchasing items for myself and for wedding & shower gifts. I am appalled that the company has chosen to become part of the cancel culture and refusing to carry Mr. Lindell's products. This decision is reprehensible and not the way Americans do business. I realize my personal decision to no longer patronize BB&B means little to them which is reflective of their new cancel culture business practice. However, I will encourage everyone I know to cancel BB&B and discontinue shopping there.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I placed an order online based on the availability and estimated delivery date. Two days past the expected date, I tracked the package and it had not shipped. When I called to inquire as to delivery date, I was told it had shipped and it would arrive the next day. When I told the agent that I was looking at the tracking and it had not even left the warehouse, it was just silence. I demanded a refund. Apparently, their customer service agents are trained to be untruthful.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I previously did a lot of business with company over the years. However, since recently after they decided to remove My Pillows products from their stores, I realized that I am not supporting this company with spending one more dine in their store! They illustrated pure bigotry by cutting this American manufacturing company out solely because of differences in political views. The products that I have purchased lately have been low quality so I was teetering on ordering from them anyways. But now this bigotry was the final straw. Goodbye! I'm canceling my membership here and won't be back. I'm sorry My pillow that this company failed you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Ordered Instant Pot on 11/28. Shipped early for Christmas, and somehow their shipping provider couldn’t track it. Called representative on Xmas Eve for refund. Got case number and expecting it in 5-7 business days. Case number ** still unresolved. Believe it or not the thing shows up a week later. No communication from BBB related to case, I have an Instant Pot I don’t need as I bought a new one from Target on Xmas Eve. Will be dropping my BBB+ membership at end of year and giving my business to Target. Lack of internal business support services and poor customer service communication. Lesson learned. Deliver to store or buy there if you really want it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I placed an order on December 5; you know, assuming that the date is more than enough time to receive the item before Christmas. I get a notification that my order was shipped on December 10. Not a problem. After almost a week, I noticed that I never received my package so I go to track it. My package had not been shipped until 12/16 according to the app used by BB and B. From 12/16 until today 12/25, my package is still in transit. I chatted with an online specialist yesterday (Pauline was the name). After the irritating ‘We apologize for the delay and inconvenience’ rhetoric, I was told that my item wasn’t due to ship until Christmas Day.

Even more annoyed now, I called customer service for the gentleman to tell me the same information that is in the tracking app (I asked if any local stores had the product; I’d rather just go get it myself and send the other one back once I did finally receive it. Rep said it wasn’t available in ANY of the stores within a 50 mile radius). First off, this is extremely poor customer service. I am tired of businesses using COVID as an excuse. We have been dealing with this issue since March so you’re telling me that your company hasn’t figured out how to handle shipping during this pandemic; holiday season or not. Second, why not use a carrier service that is more reliable (I.e. FedEx) instead of USPS? It is known that the postal service is very untimely with deliveries during the holiday season. Third, why send an email stating that my package was shipped when it really wasn’t? Now, that is just flat out deception.

Finally, why did I receive conflicting information regarding the status of my order? How does an online chat rep see and report something different from a rep that is called? I still have not received my package as of this review. It was a Christmas gift and lo and behold, Christmas is happening right now. I probably will never shop BB and B again. One time with a bad experience is one time too many for me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered a duvet set in early December. Firstly, I received the wrong order number and the item said it had been delivered to Buffalo - I am in Ontario Canada. I was told to contact FedEx for details. 1 week later it was delivered to my actual address. I decided I didn’t like the duvet and followed the online steps to initiate the return and dropped it off at an approved FedEx location. The next day FedEx indicated it was received. 2 weeks passed with no refund of $135 to my credit card. I called customer service with all required information, waited on hold for 30 minutes and then was connected to a disgruntled agent who insisted my item had not been received and I hadn’t followed the correct process.

I was on the phone for over an hour, while this agent “looked” into my issue and argued with me that nothing had been sent. I have the FedEx shipping label, proof of delivery and return number. I eventually had to hang up with no resolution and have tried to call back twice without being able to get ahold of anyone. This has been the worst customer service/online shopping experience I’ve ever had. 1 month later I am out $135 dollars and no duvet cover. Bed Bath and Beyond has stolen money from me at this point as they won’t issue the refund. I will never shop here again!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered online & Bed Bath & Beyond kept my money even after the Customer Service rep (Michelle -Asian decent) saw the store cancelled my order. Then Michelle hung up on me. Terrible return process now I have to go to my bank for assistance. Non-professional and uncalled for. Extra work during Christmas. Will NEVER use again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered an all-clad sauce pan online Dec 1, 2020. My payment was processed, I received emails saying my order was processed, then another said it shipped, another said it would arrive soon and finally the last one said it was delivered. Nothing had been delivered. When I finally found a phone number to call, the woman taking the call was pleasant, she explained that the item has not been in stock since last February. (What triggered the emails?) She said BB&B is having problems with their system. I would get a refund in three weeks. They’ve had my money for three weeks already- best case they tie up $150 for 6 weeks for an item they never had in stock. To top it off, I missed my chance to get the manufacturers holiday sale price elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Many years ago I used to frequent Bed, Bath & Beyond. I purchased everything from drapes, bedding, candles, kitchenware, etc. Due to a move to a remote area, it’s been over 5 years since I’ve made a purchase through them. I decided this year to purchase an artificial Christmas tree. It’s been rough on everyone, and I’m no exception. Even though it was a big expense, I bought an almost $200 tree. I ordered it on November 22, figuring that was plenty of time to get a tree, decorate it and brighten the Covid Christmas blues. I received an email on November 24 stating that it had been shipped. Well, super! That means it will be here in plenty of time to enjoy through the holidays. On December 9, I decided to check on the status and when I clicked on “track”, it showed that the item was still at the warehouse.

I immediately contacted BBBY to ask about what was going on. All I got was a tired old “Covid” excuse. Sorry, but if the label is on the package awaiting pickup and 2 1/2 weeks later it’s still sitting there, that’s not Covid. I asked to cancel the order and get a refund. I promptly received an email stating that they received my request to cancel. I also was told I would get my refund in 3-5 business days. Well, here we are on December 20th and no refund, no tree (never shipped). Now I have to file a dispute through Paypal. I even went on BBBY to post reviews about the issue, which they won’t even post. No problem, I’ll get the word out in MUCH more public forums. I’m so incredibly disappointed, I will not be purchasing with them again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I used to order or buy from Bed Bath Beyond often and slowly began to experience poor service so I moved on for about a year. I decided to give another chance and I bought the membership hoping they figured out their systems and staffing. I placed an order and it was lost. Waited like a month and placed another order, which I was also told was lost. I am DONE and asked to discontinue and be refunded the membership all things considered. I received a generic message that it would not be refunded as it has been more than 30 days. What did I get for my membership... 2 lost packages! Completely ridiculous!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

In the past 6 months I have ordered twice from the Bed Bath And Beyond web site. The first Item ordered was a Braun Coffee Maker. When the item arrived I opened it up eager to brew a pot of coffee. While unboxing the item there were broken pieces in the box. No big deal. I can call Braun to have new parts sent, they were not important for brewing coffee. I started to get the coffee maker ready and found coffee stains on the carafe. Someone had returned the item and they shipped it to me.

Today we received a KitchenAid mixer. They sent the wrong color, we ordered matte black. They send aqua sky. When I called customer service they did not seem to care. He said they must have sent the other color because the matte black was out of stock. I asked for them to find me one and have it shipped before Christmas. The matte black is out of stock thus nothing he can do. Bed bath and beyond....no more

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I placed an order online and paid; received an email that I would be notified within 2 hours and I would be able to pick it up curbside. I called and they said they’re busy and back up with orders but I should be notified soon. It is now been almost 5 hours and still no email as to when I can pick up my order. If you’re going to advertise 2hour pickup, then you should honor it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Don't order anything online from Bed Bath & Beyond! After waiting 2 weeks for my order, I called customer service to understand where it was. First of all, you will not be able to understand the customer service agent, secondly they will inform you that a replacement order can take up to another 2 weeks. When you ask to speak to a manager you will be placed on hold for an hour.

Bed Bath & Beyond Company Information