3.78/5

381 Bath & Body Works Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 11, 2019

Hi! I wanted to write a review for my fellow LGBTQ+ members and also a thank you to the Bath & Body Works over at Loehmann's Plaza. As a lesbian and avid supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, I appreciate the support shown via the giant rainbow display right up front. The products smell and look amazing and the acceptance and love shown through the display made me (and I'm sure many others) very happy. To anyone looking to buy the wonderful products I highly recommend them! A super huge thank you to The Bath & Body team. The customer service is always amazing. - Anna

Original review: May 9, 2019

I must say that I've shopped a many locations and every experience has been the same extremely pleasing. The customer service is wonderful and the employees always so helpful. I will continue to be a loyal customer for as long as I continue to get the excellent that I have received. I will also recommend them to others.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Shopped easily online, no lines to wait at stores, great sales on liquid hand soaps, great holiday and brand scents, very fast delivery. I will shop online more often. My relatives and company absolutely love your hand soap scents... Thank you again for your great products.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

These are pretty nice. There is all sorts of scents, but I like to go with the sweet and spiced scents. They last about 3 weeks. The night lights on the scent diffusers work great, and they are perfect for bathrooms, bedrooms, and hallways. I would recommend the double sided diffusers for larger rooms.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

A lot of people have been complaining about the wallflowers, but for 2 years now I haven’t had any negative side effects. I'm only using one at the moment for my bedroom. My cat and I sleep in here every night and neither of us has had any issues as of yet. This doesn’t mean that I won’t anticipate it though. I haven’t noticed any formula changed either in the handsoaps or lotions or body shower gels, though I’ve only been using them for about 5-6 years, so they may have changed and I’ve just never known. I’m 20 years old, and I live in a nearby town from our closest Bath and Body Works. Currently, I go to Vidalia Georgia to shop there, and I have never in my life had bad customer service! We go there about 2-3 times a year to pick up holiday or season soaps, small Germ-X bottles, and body scrubs. Once a year I may pick up some perfume or lotion.

Every item I’ve ever purchased was of great quality and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not only this, but the staff is very pleasant to be around. I really appreciate it when the worker(s) come to conversate with you a bit, and even suggest their favorite items in the store. Last time I went, 4 days ago, the lady working stood there and smelled soaps with me and commented on them. Now obviously there weren’t too many people in the store because I came a bit early, but it’s really nice when employees interact with you some and give some input on things about sales and special deals when they aren’t checking someone out. Great staff and products! I look forward to my next trip!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: June 25, 2019

I will make this short and to the point. Wallflowers plug ins have burned my face just from being in the air. I developed blisters along with burning and flaky rash on my face. Yes, I know it’s the plug in for sure because I tested it again and it did the same thing. Not only did it burn my face (or did damage to my skin), it also made a hole in my trash bag when I threw it away. My mother also had the same problem. The scented oil burns and melts things. If it can burn or melt something, why would you want it floating in your air. I will never use this again and have already advised everyone on my social media platforms about this product. That’s all I have to say.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have been buying B&BW deep cleansing hand soaps for about 10 years. I have always LOVED them! They made my hands feel very clean and soft after, not dry. That was hard to find in a soap that also has 100s of different scents. I stocked up of so many that my husband cut me off and I didn't buy any for a year and a half. Almost 2 years. I go back this past week with the awesome sales and bought 10-15 soaps and other things. Get home, open 3 new ones and go to wash my hands and squirt???? Get soap all over my new shirt...

This soap is like water! Came out so fast it hit my shirt instead of my hand!! Never happened before. I thought it might have been that particular soap. Nope. All of them are very liquidy not thick like the old ones. This stuff is like Dollar Store brand! I am beyond disappointed!!! I can't say I won't come back because I buy other things like the candles but as far as the soap goes I don't think I will waste my money on this new formula???

Original review: June 10, 2019

The staff in South Edmonton Common are not well trained. She doesn't know what scents she is selling. Some products are good but expensive. I would rather go to other branch and they can accept the coupon which is still valid.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was visiting my daughter and used a Bath & Body Works lotion she had in her bathroom just on my forearms after washing my hands. A couple hours later I started noticing my forearms were turning red,bumpy and itchy. I'm now on day 4 and it's still red bumpy and itchy. I have used Benadryl, cortisone lotion and Aveeno anti-itch lotion. Some of the products alleviate the itchy feeling but the red bumps are still there. Some of the bumps are drying up so now it looks like small scabs on my arms. I have used Bath & Body Works products before and I've never experienced anything like this. I am thinking and hoping that it is because the lotion may be old because I believe this is a lotion flavor that is sold around the holidays.

Original review: May 31, 2019

IMPORTANT NOTE: Banana flowers is Bath and Body Works most refreshing, clean and wonderful scent. My husband and I feel that this scent is in desperate need to have body products as well. It makes no business sense that this scent wouldn’t have body products... Never discontinuing this scent is a must or we will never purchase another product at Bath and Body Works again. We have stocked up on your foaming hand wash that I must add isn’t your best product by far. However this is 1 scent that you need to keep year after year and body care is imperative.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I ordered three candles and one came shattered. The air filled plastic they put in the box to protect the candles from breaking were completely deflated and didn't protect the glass from breaking. I will probably just go in to the store from now on.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Watch out! I started to make a purchase. Shipping was estimated to be $5.99. I applied a 20% off promotion (deducting -$2.40.) Shipping then went up to $9.99, a $4.00 increase. (By the way, I disagree with ever paying “handling”. That is their cost of doing business - overhead.)

Original review: May 8, 2019

I’ve been a long time B&BW shopper and things seem to be changing in the quality department. Their products are very expensive and don’t seem to last as long. From lotions to soap! But the worst experience I’ve had thus far has been with their high priced fragrance night lights called wallflowers. Somewhere between half done and a third done, the liquid inside stops producing its smell, and turns a hideous brown color. I’ve waited it out on my last 5 that I purchased hoping the smell would kick in, but it basically sits there rotting. Very very disappointing.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Bought both of these items (above) and 3 bath bombs from there (Unicorn, ultra foaming and something else). Ridiculous prices. Sure, they had "sale, sale everywhere" listed in their store but every time I asked, is "this" or "that' on sale, she'd say no. Finally she came over and whispers, the sale is for the cheap stuff. What you're buying is the higher quality stuff (Aromatherapy) and these aren't on sale but the stuff you're getting is much better quality. Whatever, right, my daughter wanted them as part of birthday gifts so I give in.

GRANTED THE EUCALYPTUS SPEARMINT Body Wash & Foam Bath IS LIKE HEAVEN. My daughter wanted me try it because she loved it so much and I MEAN IS AMAZING so okay, $14 well spent. However, the candle? No... First of all, the baby-sized candle (also $14) wasn't able to be lit because of the sad, inferior wick built into the candle. This is the THIRD candle I've bought from them that stops lighting about 1/3 of the way and I thought well maybe it was a fluke, a bad fluke... but here we are again. Sure, it smells like heaven but what am I suppose to do with it? Walk by and sniff it to death? Maybe I can spread some of this wax under my nose like VICKS to get a scent here and there.

The bath bombs literally BOMBED. They were suppose to do xyz according to the store rep. I could have thrown some ** and some food coloring together and saved a bunch of money (they were $8 EACH). Save your money people. For sure, use the bath gel. That stuff is heavenly. Oh but wait, it should be "Aromatherapy EUCALYPTUS SPEARMINT". According to the store rep, the other stuff (ALL OF IT) is cheaply made and you'd have to use 2 to 3 times the amount to get the same quality of the Aromatherapy stuff. The scent is overpowering but I love it. It really does seem to calm you and my daughter loves it too. The other stuff, if you want a bath bomb and you really enjoy your bath time, might I suggest going to LUSH. You won't regret it. Stay away from bath bombs and candles from BBW.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I've tried many candles, even the ones that give parties in the home. Yet, I find that Bath & Body Works' candles are great. They have light to strong scents and last throughout the life of the candle. On some sales you can get free shipping.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I am big fan of B&BW and I want to see these items improve. The 3 wick candles are inconsistent in term of strength of scents. Some are strong and you can clearly smell when burning. Others you can even smell even though I burn them for hours. For example I love the Eucalyptus and Mint. It's strong and I can smell it no matter where I have it burning. Then I have the Lemon Mint Leaf and it gives off absolutely no smell at all. In addition the 3 wicks as they burn close to the last quarter of the candle burn so low that they go out because the wax has burned so much. I want to continue to buy these candles because I love the variety they have but they are not cheap and if this continues to happen I'm going with a more reliable candle.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I made an online purchase almost 2 weeks ago, I received an email today saying the items were returned even though I did not make that request. I emailed back saying I did not return those items. We went back and forth trying to get information then they told me to call after emailing and asked for the same information that I already sent over. After I called, they said it was returned because of damaged product and they wanted me to pay again for a re-order even though I did not receive a refund and was not notified they damaged my product until today. Very annoyed and upset with everyone involved. Do not order online here.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased a Bath & Body Works Portable car air freshener and holder that clips onto the vent. The item had been clipped on the vent for about 4 weeks and appeared to do what it is designed to do, smell good. I don't drive this particular car on a daily basis, but I got in the car one day and noticed that it appeared wet, and after further review I noticed the air freshener had leaked causing $1300 worth of damage to the panel of the dashboard.

I called Bath & Body Works to advise of the damage that has been caused. They asked several questions, opened up a claim and asked that I place the air freshener and holder in a bag that I may be asked to send it back. I was also asked to email photos of the damage as well as an estimate for repair. In the meantime luckily I still had my receipt and was able to provide them the receipt number showing my purchase of the holder and scent. I was emailed a $10 gift card credit within 3 days. Photos and an estimate was emailed to them on Feb. 20, 2019 and now I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding them taking care of the damage. My hopes are that is what they plan to do since I was asked to email photos along with the cost of repair. I will provide an updated review once I hear from them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The last time I came in to buy your wonderful bath product, which I've done for years, I discovered that you don't create a shampoo for women any longer. However, you did at that time offer me one for men, a product that can be used for both shower/bath and shampoo in one bottle. I used to love your shampoos for women. Perhaps it's no longer profitable for Bath & Body to make a shampoo for ladies. Yet at the same time, I find it SEXIST that you created a combination body wash/shampoo for men and not for women. Why exclude such an important gender?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Jordan Landing Plaza store: my card was left with family (out of state). I went to store with a picture of the card (#/PIN). Store wouldn’t accept it. Called customer service to see if they would reissue a new card via email (something the card says they can do if it is lost or stolen and you give them the card number) and they said they couldn’t do that but I could order online and pick up in store. Went back into store and the same employee (Lizzie with a short and rigid response) told me I couldn’t order to pick up in store.

I called the same customer service number and a different guy answered and told me if I had the gift card receipt he could help me otherwise I was to call another service number. I had my sister email me the receipt and gift receipt. I called customer service again and got the first guy that I talked to (Lloyd). He was very confusing and wasn’t able to help me but told me to call the Victoria Secret Customer service line. I reminded him I was at Bath and Body Works. He told me to call a different number.

I called it and was rerouted to another number where I talked with Brittany about my experience. She was apologetic and empathetic towards the situation. She was surprised that the store wouldn’t let me enter in the card number and pin as she reported most Bath and Body Works will let you do that but it’s up to the discretion of the individual store. She told me it was after hours so I would have to call back in the morning and they could reissue me a card via online. I talked with Lizzie again to see if she could contact her manager to see if they could approve me using my gift card number. She went into the back of the storeroom and came back saying she called several people to make sure and was told their location will not accept gift cards unless I had the physical card on me. This took about 40 minutes from start to finish.

It was an embarrassing and frustrating experience. I was excited to get this gift card as last year I shopped at the very same store and bought many soaps and lotions (at least 30+) for gifts and to use at home. But after my experience with Lizzie and the Jordan Landing Plaza in West Jordan UT, I will not be returning. I’m trading my $15 gift card in for an Amazon Gift Card.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Please know that I originally called Bath & Body Works and they said the store "had to take them back and exchange them for similar or equal value item. I did not need a receipt. They said the plug ins are unique with threading in reverse of any other USA products and they would know what is theirs". I took them to the Ledgewood store to exchange them. I did not want my money back as I wanted something that worked. These all died out after about 3 months of use. The store refused to take them back. It made me feel very foolish and embarrassed!

Like the commenter above, they refused me and I do not look ethnic to a particular country. I showed them the original email I received (which I now no longer have) that they said they have to take them back and they still refused me. Now, that store in Ledgewood NJ is gone. I still want my exchange completed. I have 2 or 3 that do not work. Credit will also suffice. Please handle this to get it done. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I went into the store in Methuen in Massachusetts and the customer service lady treated me and my daughters like we will criminals. I will never ever go there again. Just because we were Hispanic I feel bad for my daughter, that she had to hear what the customer service lady said about Hispanic people. What a shame and 2018 with true racism.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered body cream products for my wife under a "Buy Two Get One Free" promotion. They shipped two of each, not three. I called customer service and was told I should have ordered "3" in the box and they couldn't/wouldn't help me. BUT they would waive shipping costs if I spent MORE money with them! It's a shame because their products are very good, but their online promotions are tricky, and they probably fool a lot of people. I might go to a store in the future, but never again order online. This could have been a 5-star rating if these chislers would just have parted with two items to fulfill their original offer. But by being inflexible (and cheap) they cost customer loyalty and I will continue to spread the word of this experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have used Bath & Body Works products for years, but have never placed an order on their website... Until this year. I will NEVER order online again. One month later, I still haven't received the products that I ordered. I have used the "contact us" link and sent many emails, none of which have been answered. I have called the Customer Service number so many times that I have lost count. Every single time I have been placed on hold for over 1/2 hour, never having had the opportunity to talk to one single person. My money was withdrawn from my bank account and products have never been received. Horrible... Horrible service and they have now lost a customer.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

A little while ago I went in to the store with the intent of buying a bunch of candles, soaps and body sprays. I sprayed a tester to see what it smelled like, and one of the staff came over and yelled at me and said that I couldn’t spray anything and that they have a candle that smells exactly like that and if I wanted to know what it smelled like then I could just smell the candle. I had already decided on purchasing this spray so as I started to say “no thank you” the girl walked away. I was pretty uncomfortable at this point as the store was full of people and everyone saw her get mad at me, so I decided to just buy the spray and get the heck out of there. Once in line the same girl came over to me and handed me a candle and said “you want this or not?” Me not wanting to cause a scene I said “no thank you, I’m sorry”.

She then rolled her eyes, dramatically sighed and walked away. I never even said I wanted the candle even in the first place and I was clearly holding the bottle of spray that I was smelling earlier while in line for checkout. Anyway after she stormed off with the candle I got up to cash finally and I asked to speak to a manager because I was treated very rudely and felt extremely uncomfortable. The girl at the cash put her hand on her hip and said “ya actually she was right. You were spraying a body spray and you shouldn’t have, you could’ve just smelled the candle.” And I said very awkwardly as I have very VERY bad anxiety “...well it said tester...” and she continued to roll her eyes, and slam my spray into a bag and practically tossed the change at me. Given literally the 10 people surrounding me watching I just said “have a great day” and gave her a genuine smile and practically ran out of there.

Will never ever ever be going back to that location. Felt completely ganged up on by staff, I’ve worked in customer service for YEARS and if I ever treated a customer like that, especially for not even doing anything wrong, I would be fired on the spot. I later found out that the first staff member who got mad about the spray was actually the store manager. Awful awful. They needed to get off their high horse for a second and treat people like human beings. You lost an extremely loyal long time customer.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Here it goes, first of all every time I have ever had an order problem and had to call the customer service people I get lied to after being promised certain things like credits and gift cards etc, and always end up having to call again and again just to get someone that is not a liar and actually help resolve my issue at hand. I also had a problem submitting an egift card when trying to place an order online because when I would add the gift card number and 3 digit code thing etc and hit “Apply” nothing would happen, and this went on for hours and ended up having to call customer service and dealing with yet another issue.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have read quite a few reviews on how dangerous the scent plug ins can be for your pets. I have pets that I love dearly and nothing I do not care how good they may smell is worth me going through the trauma that these folks did. Losing a pet because of this! I would really like to hear what the company has to say about all this! It is very scary! I have not seen one response from the company yet addressing this issue! Please say something. I cannot believe you would risk the life of any living thing just to make some bucks!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought a tonne of stuff from Bath & Body Works on Black Friday weekend. It was supposed to arrive on 10th Dec and on 4th Dec they mailed me saying it has already been shipped. 10th Dec passed and when I checked the tracking it said it'll be delivered on 11th and that it was at the facility. It wasn't delivered on the 11th. I contacted customer service by mail and haven't received a reply. I tried tracking it on the UPS site and now it doesn't have an estimated date anymore. The customer call center thinks it's best to wait. After almost 3 weeks of waiting this is highly unreasonable and very inefficient. Not the product but the online shopping and delivery system is just painful. I am still awaiting my parcel which I'm not sure might even arrive.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I bought three different transactions. When I got home I realized I was missing two items. I called the store and talked to a manager who said to bring my receipt and she would give me the items. I said I could not come until the next day due to the weather (it was raining cats and dogs). She said it was no problem. When I went back the next day, I spoke to another manager, gave him my receipt and after 5 minutes of waiting he came back and said he watched the video and I got all of my products and that I must have been gravely mistaken and if it wasn't against policy he would bring me back and show me the tape. I left the store and called customer service. Once I got a store representative (they have online and store people) she said that the policy is once you leave the store you are responsible for your items. I said that is not sufficient and I wanted a manager.

She then offered me a $45 gift card and ordered all of the items I was missing plus 2 extra candles and gift bag that I tried to get but was out at the store. I was very please. She was going to overnight it and I was to receive it by Tuesday. I did get the gift card. For a week I kept calling about the shipment. Each time I was told it was in process. Finally, a manager told me that I was not going to get the shipment that I lied about not getting the items per the store and they would only give me another $15 gift card for my trouble as the $45 was for my experience. They said there was no one here that I could speak to and that I was just out of luck and that I was lucky to get what I was getting. I spend a lot of money in that store over $550 in 3 months for gifts and I can't believe how I was treated by everyone!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

There is no way I could tell the repeated bad experiences I have had both in the store or online with this company in just 3 weeks!! I have spent well over 350.00 $ That should have been much less. I am on a fixed income and they never once applied my coupons that they took... 3 times I got home with wrong products!!! When I explained to the manager what had happened, I got, "Oh I’m sorry here is 3 more USELESS coupons to use when you buy more stuff!!!" Then 2 days later the lotions bottles I paid full price for at 12.50! Go on sale for 2.95!!! I am DONE with Bath & Body Works!! I left out that they sent me to go fetch products to get prices. While they stood behind the counter talking... And I am searching the store!

Bath & Body Works Company Information