Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works

3.5/5 (1848 ratings)

About Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath & Body Works?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I purchased 3 bottles of body lotion, hand sanitizer and Wallflowers from their outlet store in Dawsonville GA on Friday September 10, 2022. That same night I used the body lotion and broke out in hives all over my body. I had to seek help at the Urgent Center. I called customer service to report my concerns and was met with disbelief. The customer service rep acted as If was lying. She stated they don't have old product on the sales floor. Well, the cashier at the store where the product was returned stated the product was old. I have purchased body lotion from this company before and never had any problems, I won't be purchasing anything from this company again. Customer service wasn't any help. In fact I found her to be rude without any help.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I placed an order on 6/23/22. I had not received my order by day 9. Called customer service to be told the package was damaged and could not be replaced because all merchandise was gone. I was told I would be emailed a coupon for 20% off and free shipping and never received that. Just called today 7/16/22 and spoke to Teresa. I had 8 items in my bag. She gave me such a runaround that by the time she was done, all but 3 of the items were gone out of my bag. She did nothing to help me but made excuses of why I can't have free shipping and 20% off as I was promised. I have been a customer for years but they do not care. Poor form and dismal customer service, if you can even call it that.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Like so many other consumers I've been shopping with Bath and Body for many, many years! My recent online order arrived today and I was completely shocked at the sight I saw when I opened the box! The products had hardly any packaging wrap and what little there was, all of the air had deflated or was never added to the air packs! Most of my order consisted of single refill bottles which are glass and everything in the box was just thrown all over the box! So of course some of the liquid seeped out and there are oil markings around the box and my shipping receipt! I have looked at photos from other consumers' reviews and see that this seems to be Bath and Body's new standard! They've lowered their bar extensively since I had ordered online last!!!! I just wanted to relay my disappointment and say consumer beware when ordering from online at Bath and Body!

Original review: July 11, 2022

I ordered a bunch of one wick candles from Bath & Body Works and they perform poorly. The wicks spread out and are hard to trim, the candle wax pools in a wax liquid and you can’t smell the scents while burning. I have had better results with glade candles, so I won’t be buying again.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I've used Bath & Body Works for many years and have purchased lots of things online. I received a gift card from my son for my birthday, so I purchased several of the foaming soaps online. My delivery came, but when I opened it I discovered that it wasn't my order! I called the 800 number and spoke to a representative who was able to place my order again. Then I was told that it was my responsibility to return the box (which was poorly packed!) to a store. I ordered online so that I didn't need to go to a store! Seriously, who has time? Very disappointed in this.

Original review: April 8, 2022

So I shopped at Bath and Body Works and purchased $200 worth of three wick candles. Now burning these candles I’m noticing after the candle gets to about halfway of burning the wick starts to go out on their own leaving the candles burning uneven or not at all. Now if I’m spending $25 on a candle when they’re not on sale I don’t feel that that’s fair being that I’m only getting 75% use of a candle that I paid $25 for. I contacted the company about this and they told me to bring the candle in to the store and explain to them that it’s not burning evenly and they would give me a better burning candle. That’s not resolving the issue though. The issue at hand is that why are we being charged $25 for three wick candle and after the candle burns halfway only one wick of the candle is burning. Therefore it is causing me to have to waste a little more than a quarter of a candle. Not a happy customer!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Has anyone noticed their hands looking light orange after using marshmallow pumpkin latte lotion from Bath & Body? Because lately my right hand looks orange and I don't know if it's from the lotion or something else.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

All of my moisturizing body wash have mold around the flip tops. I ordered 12. When I contacted them with the order number provided in the order email, they can not find a order with that number and can not receive pictures or emails for me to prove it. So needless to say I'm out 12 bottles because who wants to take a shower with moldy products??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I want to share my experience with two companies, Bath and Body Works (BBW) and Lasership. I placed an online order in the early part of middle November from Bath and Body Works in order to (hopefully) beat some of the holiday shipping, especially since it’s known the mail will be grindingly slow this season. They confirmed my order and shipped the order to Lasership that day. Over 10 days passed and Lasership proclaimed they still didn’t receive the package. When I contacted Lasership they said I had to contact the seller.

I contacted BBW and they confirmed it was shipped to Lasership and they should have it. After going back and forth with this blame game and getting nowhere I contacted a rep at BBW to report my concern that I won’t get my shipment in time. She said they were having a lot of issues with Lasership and they were going to resend my order for free using 2 day shipping not using Lasership. We confirmed that all items were in-stock. She said they were and she put them on order to be shipped that day. I was told I would receive a new email with the new shipped order that night.

I didn’t receive the email but gave it some time. By noon the next day I contacted BBW customer service to see why I didn’t get a new order email. I was then informed that one item was out-of-stock so they weren’t going to ship anything until it was available… which wouldn’t be until next year. I was unhappy that I was told the item was in-stock and put in my order, but what bothers me most was I wasn’t emailed about this. Instead of letting me know and either substituting or cancelling that item and shipping the rest of the order it would’ve been left in Limbo until next year.

After talking to the other BBW customer server we decided to cancel the out-of-stock order and ship the rest of the order. I made sure we went through the rest of the order to make sure everything else was in-stock which he confirmed they were. I’d get two new emails - one for the new shipment and another for the cancelled product refund.

At the end of the day I still hadn’t received any new emails so contacted BBW again. The new rep said that the order was on hold indefinitely because now 4 out of 6 products were out-of-stock. Once again I got no email about this. I don’t understand why after an order has been placed that item is removed from inventory so it will actually be put in the order. It’s common sense people.

I asked why I wasn’t getting emails about these issues and she proclaimed I gave them the wrong email. Really? I only get emails from BBW several times a day, my email’s in my online account and I was getting order emails until the order was sucked into the Lasership black hole. She implied that me not getting the email updates was my fault until admitting they dropped the ball.

After the bad experiences and constant battles with Lasership and BBW I just canceled the whole order. I normally don’t order online with BBW but these were requested gifts that were online exclusives. I will still shop with BBW in-store but I will never EVER order from them online again and will advise everyone else not to. The poor communication, lack of transparency on out-of-stock items and just holding orders is unacceptable.

I’m also concerned about their partnership with Lasership which, after doing research, is a VERY shady company and the US government has even went after them for illegal activities and smuggling. ** There are also plenty of reports, complaints and videos online of Lasership deliverers actions including rampant damage and theft.

This is making me lose faith and trust in BBW and I question their morals in working with Lasership, who should really be shut down. I no longer trust BBW on having anything shipped and I advise people to not order from them online anymore. They lie about inventory and literally have criminals delivering their orders- if you even get them. I will just have to tell family and friends, "If it’s not available in the store you aren’t getting it." It’s sad but BBW has been going downhill for years now.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

My issue with Bath and Body Works is their constant discontinuing of products. This has been going on since I started shopping there many years ago. I will find a bath or skin product that I really love, and within six months to a year it will no longer be available. This has happened again recently when I went looking for a men’s bath and hair product in a particular scent and it is already discontinued. I can already predict what their answer will be if I speak to someone in customer service regarding this. I have heard it before. They claim they are constantly reviewing products and their main concern is to offer the best to their customers, blah blah blah.

Here’s an idea: stop thinking that change equals progress when it comes to your products. If a particular item is selling and earning you a profit, leave it alone. If your goal is to introduce new products or new scents, go ahead and do that. However, are you not capable of doing that and leaving your existing products available? I know it all comes down to sales, but three of the products that were taken off your shelves in the last 10 years were products that were very popular based on my conversations with other people. I am not going to be forced into purchasing products that you have deemed are best for me. Bring back your older scents and products and you may be surprised by the return of former customers.

Bath & Body Works Company Information