Bath & Body Works
1.76/5
  • 1 star
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bath & Body Works

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 7, 2018

309 Bath & Body Works Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

After using the men's Suede Body Spray it caused a severe rash on my back and chest with bumps and burning and itching and redness. I will never get anything from Bath and Body Works again, so far it has lasted 5 days. I'm going to see a doctor. DONT USE THIS SPRAY.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have to agree with another review that I bought 6 body lotions of A Thousand Wishes and was deeply disappointed. It seems that the formula was changed. It has no smell. It does smell like a cheap body lotion.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

On average I spend up to $100 in B&B Works every two to four weeks. I use all of their products from the kitchen soap to the hand sanitizer and candles. The last time I made a purchase I had a hard time finding my favorite lotion because all of the labels have been changed. They all look the same... Bland monochromatic foil. After finding and purchasing my usual fragrances I get home to discover NONE of the lotion’s scents are right. The fragrance has been washed out - brings to mind unscented lotion or a knockoff product. I can’t believe I paid that much for body lotion that has ZERO smell.

I compared them to bottles I had left over from prior purchases (the ones without the generic foil labels) the same scent smells 100x better in the old formula. The new lotion says it has Shea butter + coconut oil. If you ask me, Bath and Body Works has cheapened what I used to consider a superior product. I used to chose their product over VS but as if now I refuse to waste any more money. Not until they offer the old lotion formula without the “coconut oil” filler.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Your only available phone number states it is on the east coast and open from 6AM to 2AM, however, at 5AM WEST coast time (equivalent to 8AM EAST coast time), you do not pick up and play the we-are-closed recording. You are losing business and deservedly so. 2nd complaint: placing orders over the phone with confirmation of availability, and then waiting a week to cancel the order after several emails saying they are working on the order. You call yourself a business? I don't. Shared same on social media. You're deservedly welcome!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I got the Lavender and Sandalwood with Olive Oil and Lavender Oil body wash from Bath & Body Works about a month ago. I used it for a couple of weeks with no problem. Almost 2 weeks ago it caused skin irritation, but nothing too concerning. Took a break from it for a week. Everything was fine. Have been using it the past few days, and broke out in an allergic reaction yesterday! I was covered in hives all over my body and itching like crazy. I don’t know what chemicals you’re putting in your products, but it’s causing this unbearable reaction. I have no problem with any other product. I wish I could keep using this body wash as it smells so good, but I don’t want another reaction to happen. I probably won’t be shopping at Bath & Body Works again because of this. Not until they fix their formula.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I was in Bath and Body Works today, I got up to the cash register and set my things on the counter and the cashier wasn’t going to wait on me so I started to go get back in line to go to a different register and he rudely said “you’re here you might as well check out here.” He was very rude. I spend a lot on my money in Bath and Body Works so I do not appreciate how rude he was.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have been a BBW customer for YEARS. Since, Plumeria was around. You guys have changed the formula, to Shea butter, or something else. The $8 bottles have ZERO smell. It's so weak, I had to spend $13 for the cream. Just to get the normal smell. This is nonsense. Are you trying to save money??? Because it seems that way. Has anyone else noticed how WEAK the smaller bottles smell? Versus the expensive cream???

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On the Bath and Body Works website they advertised $5 single wick candles online and in store. When I went in to the store I asked the clerk about the sale and she showed me the candles and instructed me to just show the website at check out. While I was shopping the manager walked by and we talked about the sale and what a good deal it was. However, when I went to check out the girl refused to honor the website and said I had to have a coupon that would have been sent to my email. I have tried countless times to get the emails by signing up on their website as well as calling their guest services number however I never get them for some reason. They aren't in my spam either. Additionally their website didn't say anything about having to have a coupon to get the price.

I called customer service after the store refused to honor their advertisement and was told to order them online instead. Ordering online costs extra for shipping and they also didn't have the same products as in store. They had considerably less options than my local store. I reached out to their customer services through email three times only to be brushed off and given their basic coupon policy and a "sorry". It is unacceptable to advertise a sale as being online and in store and then not honor the sale in store. Their customer service is a total joke. I have spent so much money at this store over the years but they just lost a very loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I'm so disappointed because I love these scents, but while I was cleaning my kitchen I noticed that the Wallflower that I keep above my stove but under my ventilation hood has eaten the paint and rusted away my ventilation hood. The spot smells like Black Cherry Merlot. If these eat away at paint and metal, what are they doing to our lungs? :(

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

It is beyond the pale how when you put codes in for free items or percentages off, the shipping is lower before you put the codes in, then the shipping jumps up 50%. I have a card for a free item and before I put the code in, the shipping was $5.99, then when it accepted the code the shipping went to $9.99. A free item, but I would have to pay in shipping, plus taxes what the item costs, that's not a deal.

Bath & Body Works online is shady. I ordered something a few months ago and one of the mists was half empty. Yes they replaced it, only after I had a lengthy conversation with the customer service rep. I even took pics of the mist immediately. I will not be using their online services anymore. I've been a customer of Bath and Body Works for well over decade, but if I want something, I'll just go to the store. Terrible customer service. Stay away from the online site because no matter what kind of discounts you have or free items, they will figure out a way to where that free item or discount isn't either.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order last Saturday (18th) and today Monday I received tracking no. They shipped separate shipment. First one arriving 30th, and the second one will be arriving December 5th. If I knew or the website mention about this before submitting the order about how long it takes, I wouldn't buy from the website at all. I called the CS, the lady answered the phone and was so annoyed. She kept asking, "Sorry, what did you say???" She said usually it takes 2-7 business days. I said, "YES! But I have bought from your website for a long time and most orders arrive 3-4 business days, plus I paid for the shipping not even free ship. Also not even BLACK FRIDAY!" All I wanted is let me know the delayed shipment! If it takes 10-15 days I won't even bother.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought a set of 3 and unlike my daughter I don't care for them. Oh they smell great but the smell doesn't last all day like VS. I get maybe 3 hours. I definitely don't smell it by bedtime like VS. So when you pay 40 bucks for the set and then the lotion is gone but you have half a bottle of soap & spray it sucks. Then even after layering the smell doesn't last all day. I think it's a bad buy. Plus it's not very moisturizing.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I ordered a gift for my mother-in-law for her birthday. When the verification email came in immediately after I ordered it, I realized that the ship to address and the bill to address were the same, hers. I IMMEDIATELY called to change it. I was told I would have to cancel the order and reorder. I made sure to ask if I would receive an email about the cancellation. I was told YES. I reordered a more expensive gift. I checked my email and the cancellation notice hadn't come yet so I called back, the same day and within the same hour. I was told that the request to cancel had been put in and that I should receive an email within 24-48 hrs. So you can imagine my surprise when I checked my email today, 72 hrs later and the only email I have received is a shipping confirmation!

I called customer service back and relayed the information and she apologized for the confusion, she said it was denied! She said that can happen when one waits a day or more to cancel. I informed her that I placed the order and cancelled it within 10minutes! She apologized again, and said that I can deny delivery! I told her that my mother-in-law will just get two gifts this year, because I will not be at my mother-in-law's house as it is over 150 miles away! That's ok, my husband and I are on a fixed income, but they apologize!!! Well you live and learn.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My daughter lost $40 when we walked in and we started looking instantly. And a worker asked in the middle of My search if I needed help. I said, "No. Just looking for something." A customer told me she turned in the money. Great person who turns in lost cash. But the worker then proceeded to say, "Well if you would've asked for my help you would have gotten it back" and kept repeating it for ten minutes in front of others. After ten minutes she then asked the manager to give me the cash.

BOBBI is horrible with customers and was trying to embarrass me cause my daughter lost her $$. It could have been an easy "Here you go." We thanked the lady who turned it in repeatedly but no Bobbi felt a public lecture was necessary. I spend a lot at Bath and Body Works. I left without a dime. Turned me off from the whole store. I am the customer who buys Bath and Body Works for gifts and every scent every season. Will have to find a new lotion store. Disgusted.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been using Bath and Body Works body sprays for years. I love some of their scents and am very disappointed to say that I won't be buying them anymore. I order online and in store and have found that 70% of the sprays have a musty, mildewy type odor. I spend quite a bit of money on these and it is ridiculous. It never used to be a problem, but now it is very frequent. :(

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I always look forward to the 3 wick large candles around the holiday season. I was shocked when I saw the current price yesterday, $24.50. Glass and wax is it, nothing that fantastic. What happened to $10.00 and $12.50? I would pay $24.50 for a really good steak maybe, but a candle? Come on. Wouldn't you sell more product if you priced right? I refuse, I'll use incense. There is no way I will pay that much for a candle. And the employee kept pushing questions on me and my husband, following us and reapproaching us as we shopped. "How do you like that one?" "Doesn't that one smell great? That's my favorite." I'm really not there to socialize with the staff, just want to relax, unwind and shop. I appreciate an employee who initially tells me about sales and asks if I need assistance and letting me know they will be available if I have questions, but it felt like she was on commission and the pressure was obnoxious. Annoying experience.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have never had a bad experience in any Bath & Body Works that I have shopped in. I have lived in Florida, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. Every experience has been exceptional. Associates in the stores are helpful, pleasant, and offer to help you search for a specific scent. Candles last just like Yankee Candles which, I feel, are comparable. The vast choices in fragrances will appeal to anyone, flowery, soft, sweet, fruity, etc. They offer men's scents as well for that special man in your life and the scents are much better than Axe. Home scents, sanitizer, travel sizes, and more are offered. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Although I have never had a bad experience with the BBW's products or staff, I am concerned about the new foil labeling that is being used on the products. It is very generic looking and not aesthetically pleasing at all. It actually looks like BRAND X that can be bought anywhere. I was told that the new labeling had to do with shea butter being added to all the products, not sure why, since you can just add the ingredient to the old labels. I really hope the sprays and body wash labeling stays the same, and I am hoping you change the newer to something more pleasing.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I placed an order online and the notice said, that I would receive an email concerning my order. I never did. Don't have tracking, order number nor shipment date. However, they processed my payment. Emailed them. Still waiting for response. Bad online service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Fall scents are my favorite, I have been to 3 Bath and Body and can't find 8 ounce bottles anymore, it's all about the candles and body creams, I am so disappointed, and went today in Columbus, walked out with hardly anything, and told her I was very disappointed, plus Saturday at 2 pm, stood in line for 20 minutes, and only 2 people in front of me... I have friends that have been complaining as well.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have been shopping Bath and Body Works for years trying their different products. I have noticed over the years their fragrances smell nice, but just don't stay very long. You have to keep reapplying over and over again. Their body wash dries out my skin horrible so I stopped using that. The plugins never hold their scent for too long. Even their candles are nice at first, but then die out and burn down fast. I do not shop there anymore even when I get coupons for free stuff. I either give it away or throw it out.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have been using wallflowers and BBW candles for years and love them. I honestly don't understand why so many people have such negative things to say. If you use them properly and plug them into your wall, upright, then they provide weeks of amazing scent. They are very strong as they are designed to fill entire rooms, for this reason it is recommended not to plug them near or under cabinets or banisters to prevent damage and to keep away from children and pets. Some are also complaining that you can't double coupons on top of discounts which most stores do not let you do either. Most of these negative complaints seem to me like user error.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

In my opinion they do false advertising. Also their products don't do what they say. Whenever they put their 75 percent off and advertise products as low as 25 cents they absolutely never have any and say they are all gone even if you’re the first 5 people in the store at time signs go up... I break out with some of their products... I wrote and complained and have tried constantly to get unsubscribed from their list but they won't let you and continue to send you e mails. I tried contacting directly and sent letters to no avail. My advice is to not shop there and never put yourself on their mailing list. You can never get off. Even when you tell them you no longer will shop there and don't want any contact. This is just not right!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I made a order on Friday evening. I noticed Saturday morning it had charged me twice. I waited to see if it was a mistake the following day and it was still the same. So I called in. The rude ** on the phone proceeded to scream at me and accuse me of lying. I informed her I had my bank statements and I then asked to speak to a manager. The lady then told me I couldn't speak to a manager that she would try to fix it. So after giving her all my information she told me she couldn't find it. So she needed the credit card number I used. So I gave that to her also. She stated the same thing once again. After me giving her that the conversation shifted somewhat until she told me I'd have to return the items to get my money back instead of stop payment. I told her I didn't want to stop payment that I wanted my items. I just wasn't about to be charged twice for the same damn thing. She then hung up on me.

I'll never use Bath and Body Works again. You people are a disgrace. You think it's okay to steal people's money. Thankfully I was recording the entire conversation. I have bank statements to prove what they did. I am suing them for theft and emotional distress. I have been on Chemo for 3 months now and having to deal with such a rude ignorant person like that made me so ill I had to go to the Emergency room for having a panic attack. I draw disability therefore I'm on a limited income. So they stole money from me that I need. I very rarely get to buy something for myself like this. Even though it was only $44 total. They took that twice. So it was $88. Thanks a lot liars!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Unable to order using iPhone. The application will not process payment information. You eventually must call to order. The customer service representative states that the company cannot keep up with the changing technology. This exercise has occurred four times in one year.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Do not buy car air freshener pod. I noticed some bubbles on my front panel of my car. After looking at what would be the cause of this I noticed the air freshener pod that sits in my vent was leaking. It has done permanent damage that will have to replaced with new parts. I have not contacted customer service yet, but I hope they are willing to help. Buyer beware of the damage the solution inside can do!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I had two large Body Cream items where the top, not the lid, but the entire bottom just fell off when I opened and squeezed to use. When I called Bath and Body, spoke to Jamie, was told I had to go to store. I can't take back to store, because I don't have the receipt. What a joke...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

So I bought the Wallflowers plug in and plugged it in. Within minutes it was dripping all over my floor! So I called the Bath and Body number on the receipt 18003951001 and explained what happened. She said to check for a crack and there wasn't one. She then asked if the vent holes were facing up or down and of course I had it down. When reading the directions it tells you how to install the bulb. It never tells you how to plug it into the wall. So I assumed you plug it in down. She said to flip it so the vents are up and the oil goes into the air. Did that and haven't had a problem. Great scent all over the living room and into the halls!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased 3 refills of the Scentportables along with a holder to put on my air vents for an upcoming road trip, not even 2 hours into the trip I noticed the liquid inside the refill was leaking and dripping down my dashboard. Now the clear coat is off my dashboard and it looks terrible. I went to wipe it up immediately with a napkin and it was too late. Immediately ate my clear coat even a wet wipe couldn't get it off. I thought it could've been my fault at first. Maybe the weather or cold air coming from the vents... until I saw millions of reviews of other users who had the same problem. I love Bath and Body Works and their products but not when they are not safe and can eat clear coat that quick. I only imagine what it's doing to our skin???

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have been a loyal customer to Bath & Body Works for many years, and I have purchased many Wallflowers and plug ins over the years and I usually have the same experience every time of the bulbs not performing as they should. I can always smell the scents the first 1-2 days after plugging them in. But then, nothing. No smell at all. Sometimes I can even hover over one and still smell next to nothing. I have a 700 sq ft one bedroom apartment and currently have a Wallflower in EVERY plug in... and I have the same experience with them all. I really wish BBW would somehow re-vamp this product to allow them to perform better. I love the scents and the Wallflowers are super cute... but I just can't justify spending any more money on these. I see this complaint from customers consistently on the website and on feedback sites, such as this one. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Bath & Body Works Company Information

Bath and Body Works
www.bathandbodyworks.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use