2. Shopping

Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Bath & Body Works Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I had placed order online. Mind you I paid for shipping. I was not happy with a couple of the scents of plugins. I had brought them back to my neighborhood store to be told I would be given store credit. I was not given back the cash I had paid. I am extremely annoyed, Lost a very good customer.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I put my Xmas order in Dec. 2nd and realized I never received my order but was charged. Finally I got hold of them and it was returned to them because USPS could not read the label. They would not expedite, they did not notify me on any problem and I'm out Christmas presents and $114. They said I SHOULD receive it within 8 days. I also got a sorry...Very disappointed. I thought they were a better company than this.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I placed an $80 order of gifts for our teachers on December 10 and was guaranteed delivery between December 15 - 19. I started to get worried so I tracked the order which was being shipped through LaserShip. It was delayed, delayed again, and then delayed again. Finally it was labeled as “exception,” which I guess means that it was damaged or lost.

I never received the order, so I had to run out to the store right before it closed on Thursday evening to re-purchase everything so that I would have gifts to give the teachers on the last day of school which was Friday, December 20. Not only did they not have any of the scents that I wanted to purchase available in store, but the candles were not on the same special as when I purchase them online, so I ended up spending even more money, at this point over $160 trying to get these gifts.

I called customer service on Wednesday, December 18 and was on hold for around 30 minutes before they even answered and she said the guaranteed delivery would be December 19 no matter what. So now, here we are Saturday, December 21, and I haven’t even received any type of communication from Bath and Body Works or LaserShip concerning my lost or damaged order. So I call again and I am on hold for almost 45 minutes and the best they can give me is a refund. I am a loyal bath and Bodyworks customer. You will find only their soaps and candles in my house, but I will say that after this experience, I won’t be shopping there again. The least they can do was give me a refund plus some kind of coupon or something for the extreme inconvenience that this has caused.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Horrible customer service online orders and fake publicity. I ordered a lot of their products as Christmas gifts and I only received a few items (3) and when I called customer service I was told that the order was canceled because it was out of stock. I was also told that if I want the rest of the items I had to reordered them, but I have to pay full price for it. My question how is that they have the products for me to reorder and pay full price, but they did not have them and send them for the sale price those products were purchased? I am still wondering and disappointed on what they did. I did not go to the stores because they are not great and the service either and I was hoping it was better online. BUT NOT.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I ordered the Bath and Body Works Cyber Monday deal. My credit card was charged for it. I waited 3 weeks for it to come in. I placed the order online. I called to see why I haven’t received it. I talk to a associate at Bath and Body Works she informed me they sold out Of the item. It didn’t say that when I placed the order online and bath and body works didn’t send me an email that I would not receive it. But the money was still taken from my card!

Associate told me that she will refund my money back to my card But I still have to pay interest on my card for the money they took out over three weeks ago. Bath and body works had my money and made no effort to notify me or return my money until I called. I had a tracking number but it was never shipped. Very very disappointed! I am sure bath and body works collected interest on the money that they had and did not return until I called BOO bath and Body works for. Shame on you!!! All I got was what I paid for the cyber Monday item.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I ordered a Christmas order on November 23 2019. My order was processed and was to be delivered by a company called Lasership. First I was out of area but was told they go right by my house to deliver in town. Then I was told I was in the service area. Then I was told they couldn’t find my house. The girl even Googled my address and said they would deliver my package here. It is December the 14th and now I’m being told all of my order is out of stock because Lasership sent my order back to the company. Never had a problem before. I’m very upset with Bath and Body. Too many phone calls and still no package. Will not deal with Bath and Body again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I ordered sixteen items on Cyber Monday, receiving a confirmation shortly thereafter. After waiting until the last day of the estimated shipping date and not receiving my order, I checked the order status online. There was a record of the order but no information on the status. I found an email dated a week after the order was placed in my junk folder saying all sixteen items were no longer available, and the order had been canceled. I checked online and according to the website, the items were still available.

I attempted to call customer service multiple times with no luck. I then went to a store, and was told the manager would call me back. I never received a call. I finally spoke to a human who was very nice. Unfortunately, her supervisor said I could reorder the items, but they wouldn’t honor the Cyber Monday prices. I asked to speak to the supervisor, but one was “not available”. The CSR made note of my experience and said she would pass it on to the complaint department. Absolutely nothing has been resolved.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Not satisfied with 2019 Gingham Black Friday bag. I shop at Bath and Body Works regularly. I have always been pleased with their products. Usually buy multiple items for Christmas gifts each year. I have always looked forward to the bags that they have offered. Last year's 2018 Black Friday bag was awesome. This year I can't say enough about how disappointed I was with the bag. In the picture in looks beautiful . I ordered mine online and was expecting a canvas bag. Boy was I disappointed when what I received was a bag that looked like a recycled bag. The outside color is pretty but I have never seen such a cheap bag from Bath and Body Works. You should be ashamed of yourselves for offering such a cheap bag. Didn't expect this from Bath and Body Works. Will not be looking forward to next year's bag.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I took advantage of the hand soap deal they had going on ($2.50). I ordered 15 of them. Paid for my order. Then come to find out 3 of them are out of stock. I never did receive this order, so they sent me a replacement order, but now 2 more are out of stock! Wouldn't you think they would let customers replace the out of stock ones with another kind? So instead of the 15 that I ordered, I'm only getting 10, that is if these ones show up! To say the least, I'm not impressed!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This last year every candle bundle I have bought 2 out of five candles have no smell while burning. Although they do offer a satisfaction guarantee, I live too far from a store to just return whenever this happens. I recently bought 4 candles and only one puts a smell on burning. So I will only be buying their hand soaps and lotions, no more candles for me from here. Not worth the money.

Bath & Body Works Company Information