Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works

3.5/5 (1855 ratings)

About Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath & Body Works?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: July 11, 2022

I ordered a bunch of one wick candles from Bath & Body Works and they perform poorly. The wicks spread out and are hard to trim, the candle wax pools in a wax liquid and you can’t smell the scents while burning. I have had better results with glade candles, so I won’t be buying again.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I've used Bath & Body Works for many years and have purchased lots of things online. I received a gift card from my son for my birthday, so I purchased several of the foaming soaps online. My delivery came, but when I opened it I discovered that it wasn't my order! I called the 800 number and spoke to a representative who was able to place my order again. Then I was told that it was my responsibility to return the box (which was poorly packed!) to a store. I ordered online so that I didn't need to go to a store! Seriously, who has time? Very disappointed in this.

Original review: April 8, 2022

So I shopped at Bath and Body Works and purchased $200 worth of three wick candles. Now burning these candles I’m noticing after the candle gets to about halfway of burning the wick starts to go out on their own leaving the candles burning uneven or not at all. Now if I’m spending $25 on a candle when they’re not on sale I don’t feel that that’s fair being that I’m only getting 75% use of a candle that I paid $25 for. I contacted the company about this and they told me to bring the candle in to the store and explain to them that it’s not burning evenly and they would give me a better burning candle. That’s not resolving the issue though. The issue at hand is that why are we being charged $25 for three wick candle and after the candle burns halfway only one wick of the candle is burning. Therefore it is causing me to have to waste a little more than a quarter of a candle. Not a happy customer!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Has anyone noticed their hands looking light orange after using marshmallow pumpkin latte lotion from Bath & Body? Because lately my right hand looks orange and I don't know if it's from the lotion or something else.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

All of my moisturizing body wash have mold around the flip tops. I ordered 12. When I contacted them with the order number provided in the order email, they can not find a order with that number and can not receive pictures or emails for me to prove it. So needless to say I'm out 12 bottles because who wants to take a shower with moldy products??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I want to share my experience with two companies, Bath and Body Works (BBW) and Lasership. I placed an online order in the early part of middle November from Bath and Body Works in order to (hopefully) beat some of the holiday shipping, especially since it’s known the mail will be grindingly slow this season. They confirmed my order and shipped the order to Lasership that day. Over 10 days passed and Lasership proclaimed they still didn’t receive the package. When I contacted Lasership they said I had to contact the seller.

I contacted BBW and they confirmed it was shipped to Lasership and they should have it. After going back and forth with this blame game and getting nowhere I contacted a rep at BBW to report my concern that I won’t get my shipment in time. She said they were having a lot of issues with Lasership and they were going to resend my order for free using 2 day shipping not using Lasership. We confirmed that all items were in-stock. She said they were and she put them on order to be shipped that day. I was told I would receive a new email with the new shipped order that night.

I didn’t receive the email but gave it some time. By noon the next day I contacted BBW customer service to see why I didn’t get a new order email. I was then informed that one item was out-of-stock so they weren’t going to ship anything until it was available… which wouldn’t be until next year. I was unhappy that I was told the item was in-stock and put in my order, but what bothers me most was I wasn’t emailed about this. Instead of letting me know and either substituting or cancelling that item and shipping the rest of the order it would’ve been left in Limbo until next year.

After talking to the other BBW customer server we decided to cancel the out-of-stock order and ship the rest of the order. I made sure we went through the rest of the order to make sure everything else was in-stock which he confirmed they were. I’d get two new emails - one for the new shipment and another for the cancelled product refund.

At the end of the day I still hadn’t received any new emails so contacted BBW again. The new rep said that the order was on hold indefinitely because now 4 out of 6 products were out-of-stock. Once again I got no email about this. I don’t understand why after an order has been placed that item is removed from inventory so it will actually be put in the order. It’s common sense people.

I asked why I wasn’t getting emails about these issues and she proclaimed I gave them the wrong email. Really? I only get emails from BBW several times a day, my email’s in my online account and I was getting order emails until the order was sucked into the Lasership black hole. She implied that me not getting the email updates was my fault until admitting they dropped the ball.

After the bad experiences and constant battles with Lasership and BBW I just canceled the whole order. I normally don’t order online with BBW but these were requested gifts that were online exclusives. I will still shop with BBW in-store but I will never EVER order from them online again and will advise everyone else not to. The poor communication, lack of transparency on out-of-stock items and just holding orders is unacceptable.

I’m also concerned about their partnership with Lasership which, after doing research, is a VERY shady company and the US government has even went after them for illegal activities and smuggling. ** There are also plenty of reports, complaints and videos online of Lasership deliverers actions including rampant damage and theft.

This is making me lose faith and trust in BBW and I question their morals in working with Lasership, who should really be shut down. I no longer trust BBW on having anything shipped and I advise people to not order from them online anymore. They lie about inventory and literally have criminals delivering their orders- if you even get them. I will just have to tell family and friends, "If it’s not available in the store you aren’t getting it." It’s sad but BBW has been going downhill for years now.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

My issue with Bath and Body Works is their constant discontinuing of products. This has been going on since I started shopping there many years ago. I will find a bath or skin product that I really love, and within six months to a year it will no longer be available. This has happened again recently when I went looking for a men’s bath and hair product in a particular scent and it is already discontinued. I can already predict what their answer will be if I speak to someone in customer service regarding this. I have heard it before. They claim they are constantly reviewing products and their main concern is to offer the best to their customers, blah blah blah.

Here’s an idea: stop thinking that change equals progress when it comes to your products. If a particular item is selling and earning you a profit, leave it alone. If your goal is to introduce new products or new scents, go ahead and do that. However, are you not capable of doing that and leaving your existing products available? I know it all comes down to sales, but three of the products that were taken off your shelves in the last 10 years were products that were very popular based on my conversations with other people. I am not going to be forced into purchasing products that you have deemed are best for me. Bring back your older scents and products and you may be surprised by the return of former customers.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Received items today from FedEx. I was missing 1 bottle of shower gel, plus missing a lid on a mist spray. Also received a product I did not order. Poor service in the warehouse where items are pulled from.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I have had to call Bath and Body Works online customer service on several occasions, mostly because I forgot/failed to include an item or a promo code on my order. I have spoken to the same smiling lady (agent I’d: **) several times and I’m always happy to hear her voice. She is courteous, friendly, thorough and happy to help me. She is efficient, timely and makes no mistakes. In short, Jeanette deserves a raise!!

Original review: July 17, 2021

The products smell great, but poorly made over the years. Candles burn out before they reach the bottom. Plug ins last a week. Shameful to say these products are so expensive. But I'm even more upset at customer service or lack of. During the semi annual sale I ordered a lot of products that were in stock. I received an email a week later stating it's no longer in stock. A week later! It should have stated the product was out of stock before confirming during checkout. Poor website design. Apparently this company only cares about making a dollar instead of pleasing its consumers. They rarely offer free shipping online and nothing is available in the stores.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I normally like Bath & Body Works. But for the past couple years their candles have really gone downhill. It's the same smells over and over and all they do is change the covers of them and renamed them. However I go through a lot of candles and I still buy them from time to time. So I go in there because they're having their semi-annual sale two weeks ago or actually about a week ago I went in there and I picked out a candle and they tell me it's full price that is only the select candles that are in the middle of the aisle so I go pick me out a couple of those.

I go back in there today because on their website they're showing 50% off on all their candles. Meanwhile they have just a few little selections left of 11.95 candles. None I'm pulling none of these is what I want. These are the ones that nobody wants. So I go pick me out a couple of the other ones which happens to be eucalyptus mint. I go up to the count counter and the girl tells me now these are full price. She goes no only the ones on the middle of the counter are 11.95. I said, "Well y'all have them marked down 50% off on the website." "Because that's only on the website." And I was pissed!. Nowhere on the website does it say online only. This is the semi-annual sale so all the candles should be marked 50% off and then the select ones 11.95.

I have spent a lot of money over the years and Bath & Body Works and now I am at the point where I don't want to do business with them again. And it's not just that every time I've gone in there I get hand handled by store employees saying, "What you looking for today? How can I help you," and it's like one right after the other. I cannot even shop freely without somebody Hound hounding me every few seconds. It's annoying. And I know they think I'm rude which I am being because I don't like to be bothered like that. If I want help I'll ask for help at one time. That's it.

But getting back to the subject I came back out to my vehicle, look up the website, looked at the Pacific candle that I was planning on getting and it shows 50% off. I am livid at this point because not only have I have wasting my time, wasting my energy being in that store just to pick out something to find out they tell me the same ** over and over and over that it's not marked down that it's not 50% off and then full price yet the website has all candles 50% off. I would like to hear from others that have had the same experience from Bath and Body Works.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Bathandbodyworks.com is the most poorly designed website I have ever come across. I love their products, but have had nothing but a bad experience each time I order. The site allows you to add products to your cart, check out (payment and shipping), and minutes later you receive an email stating that items in your order have been cancelled as they are out of stock. Yesterday was the third time, and all of my items were cancelled. I don’t understand why they aren’t advertised as “out of stock” on the site.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I really enjoyed shopping in this store. My daughters introduced me to it and there was a sales promo going on.Oh, my! I lost my head. Needless to say I’m a fan now. Enjoy most of their scents and came home with my favorites.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Store is always clean, well stocked, amply employed, with frequent sales. I appreciated that they offer testers of their various products so you can sample a scent before buying. I only wish they had a loyalty program to provide benefits to frequent shoppers.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I always find the products I'm looking for. All the employees are always polite, and professional. The store always has new products and samples to try. Store is always clean and tidy. They follow all covid regulations. They keep store very clean. Have 6 feet spacing from other customers.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Such a vast variety of products from which to choose. A store on-line or brick and mortar where you can shop for gifts or everyday needs. Either way you will find what you need and a whole lot more than you will want.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Bath & Body Works has the most amazing body cream. Many different scents for men and women. They have really great sales, (ex. body cream & lotions, body sprays/mists - buy 2 get 1 free or buy 3 get 2 free.) They have great sales on their candles, which last longer than most other brands. I like their body cream better than their lotion. It lasts a long time, it goes on better & the scent lasts all day.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I love this store because it has "smell goods" for EVERYTHING. I like to smell good and make everything around me smell good, too. Room sprays, candles, plug ins, hand soap, hand sanitizer, shower gels, lotions, and body sprays.???

Original review: May 10, 2021

Just love walking in the store. Always smells so good and is so clean. Love the products. Only problem is there is so much to choose from. I really like to purchase the fragrant soaps and the body lotions. Make sure you have plenty of time to spend, it is so hard to leave.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I love all their sales! The store has friendly and helpful assistants. The scents are wonderful. I love that there is a mass variety of different items that match the scents. Store was very clean. Only downfall is the store itself is small. During their sales it gets very crowded.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I love shopping in Bath and Body Works. I love???? the different aromas from the 3 wick candles. I feel like a youngster when I am trying the hand lotion as they all seem to be aromatic and pleasurable to “sniff” and makes my hands smell so good.

Original review: May 7, 2021

This is a great store, I love the products and the fragrances. I do miss the deep clean hand soap that they used to make. It would take grease off my hands really well when cooking. The candles burn very well. I have bought candles at other stores and they are much cheaper but not worth the price. You get what you pay for and the candles at Bath & Body Works are very good.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I love everything this store has to offer. Better yet their prices are very fair and reasonable! They have very polite & helpful employees. I just wish I could spend more money there. I mostly adore their gift baskets with all the seasons scents, I would like to see more sales for returning customers. A reward/point system would be great.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Every time I shop there, it's just an overwhelming experience. There are so many scents to smell and many new ones that it's so hard to decide which ones to try and which one's to buy! I have my favorite that I must have always, but then I always like to try one new one as well. They just make it so darn difficult because they make you want everything in the store!! If you've never been.... GO... It'll be your favorite store the moment you walk in!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I feel like the creativity and attractiveness of Bath & Body Works' fragrance selections has remained the same over time -- there are always a plethora of deliciously scented options to choose from! And price-wise, I think they are very reasonably priced. I only wish there were more hypoallergenic options for those of us with sensitive skin.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Sorry Bath and Body Works, you're unable to ignore or delete my concerns here. They deleted my previous comment while trying to reach out on being overcharged on Facebook. I wish so badly they had customer service. I've been dealing with an issue since 12/26/20. I asked to have taken off 2 items at checkout. The cashier said she did but when I got home the items were clearly still there. I tried to go back the next day but was told the cashier wasn't there to verify so I was asked to leave my number and name to be called back after it was verified, as if I was seriously lying over 2 $5.00 items.

I never received a callback. I didn't have time to go to the store every day to track down the cashier that made the mistake. I emailed, I never received a response. I called CS, I couldn't get through. I live chatted, I was told to go back to the store. I even messaged on here, no response. I'm so disappointed in this company whom I have spent so much with, that has no problem at all ripping their customers off. It definitely has opened my eyes to other brands, whom I looked over before such as Yankee Candles. Please be advised and always check your receipts before leaving unlike I did.

Sadly for me I took this way too personal as a former dedicated B&BW lover until this happened. I will be returning every single item I have this weekend, broke up into 7 piles between me and my friends and mother under an estimated $250 limit (doesn't matter if you paid $15.95, it'll ring up for $3 max regardless if it's every been that cheap I was told). They will never receive another dime from me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I'm at a loss for words for a company that used to be my happy place. If you need any sort of customer service, it's worse than my store experience. I have been a customer for about 25yrs. I am 58yrs old. I have never had to contact customer service until now, and boy had I known before!! I had a horrible store experience. They have 0 customer service AT ALL and I was lied to on live chat. I was treated horribly over asking for a band aid over a broken candle left on the sales floor I cut myself on, that I DID NOT BREAK. I am on blood thinners. I had to practically beg for a band aid!!

I emailed, never heard a thing back. I messaged on Facebook, still nothing. I live chatted where I was told I'd receive a $50 gift card for the situation, yet the representative never even asked for my email. I realized after getting off chat. This company does not care about its customers, in store and out. I'm at a loss for words a company so big would lie, let alone not get back to me over an experience that happened in one of their stores. Please be aware!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

This is the second time I have placed an order from Bath & Body Works online, and yet again I am having issues with receiving my order. I gave them a second chance and this time I had my order delivered to my office vs. my home, and again we another issue. Both times I never received my order. Not to mention they want me to do the legwork of their business. Unacceptable. I am your customer who paid shipping fees. There will not be a 3rd time.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Ehhh I usually like y'alls candles when they're on sale, but y'all don't even offer free shipping over a certain amount at least 50. And y'all don't even offer buy online pick up in store when y'all have sales, it's only sometimes how freakin lame. Then all the good kinds of white barn candles aren't even on sale, so many long lines. So stupid.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Horrible customer service!!! Placed order on December 11th and was told that it would be delivered on December 24th. However, today is December 30th and no package!!! Called the Customer Service number after I got disconnected on the customer chat! Spoke to one customer service person who was horrible and when asked for a supervisor the person kept asking me what was wrong with him! Really!? I hung up and called back! Got another person who also did not want me to speak to a supervisor! I have placed 3 orders since November and will not do it again! They actually told me that they could send out another order and if the other one comes then I need to take back into the store! Really?!! This was a Christmas gift and that person did not get anything from me!!!! Never again!!!

Bath & Body Works Company Information