Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works

3.5/5 (1844 ratings)

About Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath & Body Works?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: May 23, 2021

Bathandbodyworks.com is the most poorly designed website I have ever come across. I love their products, but have had nothing but a bad experience each time I order. The site allows you to add products to your cart, check out (payment and shipping), and minutes later you receive an email stating that items in your order have been cancelled as they are out of stock. Yesterday was the third time, and all of my items were cancelled. I don’t understand why they aren’t advertised as “out of stock” on the site.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I really enjoyed shopping in this store. My daughters introduced me to it and there was a sales promo going on.Oh, my! I lost my head. Needless to say I’m a fan now. Enjoy most of their scents and came home with my favorites.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Store is always clean, well stocked, amply employed, with frequent sales. I appreciated that they offer testers of their various products so you can sample a scent before buying. I only wish they had a loyalty program to provide benefits to frequent shoppers.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I always find the products I'm looking for. All the employees are always polite, and professional. The store always has new products and samples to try. Store is always clean and tidy. They follow all covid regulations. They keep store very clean. Have 6 feet spacing from other customers.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Such a vast variety of products from which to choose. A store on-line or brick and mortar where you can shop for gifts or everyday needs. Either way you will find what you need and a whole lot more than you will want.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Bath & Body Works has the most amazing body cream. Many different scents for men and women. They have really great sales, (ex. body cream & lotions, body sprays/mists - buy 2 get 1 free or buy 3 get 2 free.) They have great sales on their candles, which last longer than most other brands. I like their body cream better than their lotion. It lasts a long time, it goes on better & the scent lasts all day.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I love this store because it has "smell goods" for EVERYTHING. I like to smell good and make everything around me smell good, too. Room sprays, candles, plug ins, hand soap, hand sanitizer, shower gels, lotions, and body sprays.???

Original review: May 10, 2021

Just love walking in the store. Always smells so good and is so clean. Love the products. Only problem is there is so much to choose from. I really like to purchase the fragrant soaps and the body lotions. Make sure you have plenty of time to spend, it is so hard to leave.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I love all their sales! The store has friendly and helpful assistants. The scents are wonderful. I love that there is a mass variety of different items that match the scents. Store was very clean. Only downfall is the store itself is small. During their sales it gets very crowded.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I love shopping in Bath and Body Works. I love???? the different aromas from the 3 wick candles. I feel like a youngster when I am trying the hand lotion as they all seem to be aromatic and pleasurable to “sniff” and makes my hands smell so good.

Original review: May 7, 2021

This is a great store, I love the products and the fragrances. I do miss the deep clean hand soap that they used to make. It would take grease off my hands really well when cooking. The candles burn very well. I have bought candles at other stores and they are much cheaper but not worth the price. You get what you pay for and the candles at Bath & Body Works are very good.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I love everything this store has to offer. Better yet their prices are very fair and reasonable! They have very polite & helpful employees. I just wish I could spend more money there. I mostly adore their gift baskets with all the seasons scents, I would like to see more sales for returning customers. A reward/point system would be great.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Every time I shop there, it's just an overwhelming experience. There are so many scents to smell and many new ones that it's so hard to decide which ones to try and which one's to buy! I have my favorite that I must have always, but then I always like to try one new one as well. They just make it so darn difficult because they make you want everything in the store!! If you've never been.... GO... It'll be your favorite store the moment you walk in!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I feel like the creativity and attractiveness of Bath & Body Works' fragrance selections has remained the same over time -- there are always a plethora of deliciously scented options to choose from! And price-wise, I think they are very reasonably priced. I only wish there were more hypoallergenic options for those of us with sensitive skin.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Sorry Bath and Body Works, you're unable to ignore or delete my concerns here. They deleted my previous comment while trying to reach out on being overcharged on Facebook. I wish so badly they had customer service. I've been dealing with an issue since 12/26/20. I asked to have taken off 2 items at checkout. The cashier said she did but when I got home the items were clearly still there. I tried to go back the next day but was told the cashier wasn't there to verify so I was asked to leave my number and name to be called back after it was verified, as if I was seriously lying over 2 $5.00 items.

I never received a callback. I didn't have time to go to the store every day to track down the cashier that made the mistake. I emailed, I never received a response. I called CS, I couldn't get through. I live chatted, I was told to go back to the store. I even messaged on here, no response. I'm so disappointed in this company whom I have spent so much with, that has no problem at all ripping their customers off. It definitely has opened my eyes to other brands, whom I looked over before such as Yankee Candles. Please be advised and always check your receipts before leaving unlike I did.

Sadly for me I took this way too personal as a former dedicated B&BW lover until this happened. I will be returning every single item I have this weekend, broke up into 7 piles between me and my friends and mother under an estimated $250 limit (doesn't matter if you paid $15.95, it'll ring up for $3 max regardless if it's every been that cheap I was told). They will never receive another dime from me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I'm at a loss for words for a company that used to be my happy place. If you need any sort of customer service, it's worse than my store experience. I have been a customer for about 25yrs. I am 58yrs old. I have never had to contact customer service until now, and boy had I known before!! I had a horrible store experience. They have 0 customer service AT ALL and I was lied to on live chat. I was treated horribly over asking for a band aid over a broken candle left on the sales floor I cut myself on, that I DID NOT BREAK. I am on blood thinners. I had to practically beg for a band aid!!

I emailed, never heard a thing back. I messaged on Facebook, still nothing. I live chatted where I was told I'd receive a $50 gift card for the situation, yet the representative never even asked for my email. I realized after getting off chat. This company does not care about its customers, in store and out. I'm at a loss for words a company so big would lie, let alone not get back to me over an experience that happened in one of their stores. Please be aware!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

This is the second time I have placed an order from Bath & Body Works online, and yet again I am having issues with receiving my order. I gave them a second chance and this time I had my order delivered to my office vs. my home, and again we another issue. Both times I never received my order. Not to mention they want me to do the legwork of their business. Unacceptable. I am your customer who paid shipping fees. There will not be a 3rd time.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Ehhh I usually like y'alls candles when they're on sale, but y'all don't even offer free shipping over a certain amount at least 50. And y'all don't even offer buy online pick up in store when y'all have sales, it's only sometimes how freakin lame. Then all the good kinds of white barn candles aren't even on sale, so many long lines. So stupid.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Horrible customer service!!! Placed order on December 11th and was told that it would be delivered on December 24th. However, today is December 30th and no package!!! Called the Customer Service number after I got disconnected on the customer chat! Spoke to one customer service person who was horrible and when asked for a supervisor the person kept asking me what was wrong with him! Really!? I hung up and called back! Got another person who also did not want me to speak to a supervisor! I have placed 3 orders since November and will not do it again! They actually told me that they could send out another order and if the other one comes then I need to take back into the store! Really?!! This was a Christmas gift and that person did not get anything from me!!!! Never again!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I was unable to purchase candles in store at the mall I had my newborn baby and my other child which aren't able to be left unattended. Went home to purchase and site stated “All 3 wick candles sold out“. Scrolled through candles to check as I was devastated and been waiting for a year for this sale. Site advertises no rain checks and while supplies last. This morning I go to the site and now that the sale is over they have quite a few of their scents of 3 wick candles in stock at full price, clearly they were not “out of stock” as the site stated and that was a lie. I feel cheated out of the sale and lied to with Bath and Body Works scam of “while supplies last” clearly there was more in supply I could have and would have purchased with the 8.95 sale and my 10 of 30 coupons making them only $5 instead of $25. This is ridiculous as I have waited so long for this. Not to mention I stood in line for a long time with a newborn and my 5 year old!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I get emails from Bath & Body telling me about their holiday/ specials everyday. So I decided to check it out and maybe get some gifts for my Daughter in Law. After looking at a lot of items, I decided to send her a gift card so she can pick out the scents she likes. So I pick out the card, filled out all info required and placed my order. I get an email to thank me for my order and to inform me it has been Confirmed. And then it starts, an hour later I get an email telling me my Order was Canceled. Their Excuse was out of stock! Mind you they had already hit my checking account for the amount and then tell me that I will have to wait for it to go through and then it will take another 7 to 10 business days before I get my refund!!

I went to their help section on website and chatted with an associate who informs me that that card was out of stock and they will let their teammates know and get them removed and sorry for my Inconvenience. Plus that they stopped taking orders to get shipped out on the 13th Of December. I informed them that nowhere on their website does it say any of what they just told me and now I’m left with no gift to send her and out $125. Dollars. They in my opinion Stoled my Money! Don’t buy gift cards or just go to store to purchase your items. But since Covid 19, I figured I’d shop online and have them deliver my gift. As much as I hate to, I can no longer patronize this establishment. Two things I will not tolerate, Liars and thieves and they did both!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I pay a lot of money for Bath and Body Works candles and they never burn all the way down. The wick always runs out and stops burning leaving a lot of wax still in the candle jar. And they only smell good the first 2 times you light them. Highly frustrated in their candles.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I have shopped with Bath and Body for years. I logged in to shop and there is a full page Political disclaimer. Wow!! Why? Do you feel the need to Bully and push your opinions. I thought this was a company that sales to individuals of any kind. Color, religion, background, political views should not be in your welcoming statement. Treat your employees well like they should be treated and your customers too. Don't push personal stipulations on everyone. Treat Everyone the same. Dont be that Company. Marked you off my list. My personal choice. Thank you God Bless.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I wish ZERO stars was an option. I placed 3 separate orders online on the same day. This company took my money for the orders. No email conformation, no updates, no tracking. The only way I knew they received my order was the money came out of my bank. No option to email them, so I called right away at 6:00am, no one ever answered. After 2 hours I pressed 1 for medical emergency, still no answer. I also tried online chat, to no avail. I called and tried to online chat many times each day for over a week, even choosing the option for a call back, nothing. I finally filed a complaint with BBB. (Please look there before ordering from this company, I am one of 100s of similar complaints).

After filing the complaint I miraculously received a small part of my order. However, 5 of the large antibacterial were unsealed and open, spilling inside the box. 2 of the Lux soaps' push buttons do not work, and were opened as well, but hadn't spilled. I ordered these items for Christmas gifts. There is no way to return in store for me, as I live over 300 miles from the nearest store. The receipt says mail return! Do I really want to trust this company to receive my return, and actually refund my money?? Definitely NOT!

I am out over 300.00, as most of my order never arrived, and what did was useless. Now, it is too late to receive anything for me to give as gifts this year. Please avoid these money stealers. They will ship open and used, most likely previous returns or testers, instead of 'sealed for your protection' items off of the shelf. Who knows where these items have been! Be Aware. Check Reviews and Better Business Bureau. Avoid, or just send your money into the Abyss. :(

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

They put my candles in a trash like bag and dropped them in the box like that and shipped with zero cushioning or protection. They arrived busted up so bad I had to wear gloves to get them out to see what was damaged and what wasnt. I was also missing some items as well. Who shipped glass like that?? Never again will I order online from from them. Last time the delivery method they used drop the Box off across the street leaning against my mailbox in the rain. I swore then I would never order from them again but took a chance because the candles I wanted were sold out in store. Never again. I learned my lesson this time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I like aromatherapy products. I used their body wash and foam bath, and I also wanted matching lotion so I bought theirs. First I purchased the plastic squeeze tube; by the time I was half way through, that was it! Had to cut the tube and use the lotion manually. So then I bought the time-honored glass bottle with pump sprayer. Same deal. Got down to maybe a third at least left, no access. Had to manually dump the lotion onto my hand to get it out. I'll find a company that pays attention to details like customer access to their products.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Never order anything from Bath and Body Works online unless you want to be ripped off, overcharged, and manipulated. They don’t send you immediate confirmation emails letting you know how much you’ve been charged for what. Often times items aren’t available and you have no idea what you’re paying for due to no confirmation emails. Never ordering anything from here ever again. Their 3 wick candles are $24.50usd which means that you’re paying almost $100 if you order 2 candles from Canada! Its ridiculous. I wish I never ordered from here. The customer service reps have no idea what they’re talking about.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I tried to buy some products 2x on the online store and I had the same problem in both cases... They informed my products were delivered but I never got them, so I called to customer service and they said they didn’t find any proof that they were delivered. They apologized and said they don’t have all of the products that I bought so they could send another one. Both cases were exactly the same!!! So they aren’t able to sell anything online! Lack of competence!!! Don’t buy online in that store!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I usually really love the three wick candles but unfortunately very disappointed with Hibiscus Waterfall. Hardly smells at all even in a tiny bathroom.. I asked the rep for a strong smelling candle and this one was disappointing..

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I love the fragrances and you can certainly get good deals on the candles, even though the prices continue to increase. However, along with raising the price, they should improve the quality as well. I have several candles that start out great but after being burned halfway, the wicks end up being too short and I have to pour out some of the wax so I can expose the wicks to keep burning them. What a waste of money!

Bath & Body Works Company Information