Bath & Body Works

• 2%
  • 14%
  • 76%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?
    Reliability

Reviewed May 31, 2024

My one star is for the wallflower plug. I have purchased the plug on 4 separate occasions and none of them lasted more than 90 days. I contacted BBW customer care and they really did not care about the issue I have been having with plug ins. Terrible customer care. They could do nothing about their defective product.

Reliability

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Ok so I'm a regular customer at Bath & Body Works. I love their body products and candles but my problem is with the wallflowers. So a while ago I had the wallflower with night light and after some time it stopped working I returned it to the store and it was replaced with no problem. So now the replacement has stopped working and I was told they do not replace them anymore which is ridiculous. So in other words they don't stand by their product. Sad enough they stop working every few months which is a flaw in itself. I also use Glade and Air wick plug ins. I have had the same ones for years. Packed up and moved. Pulled them back out and they still work great. For the amount of money that B&BW charge their product should be more reliable or at the least replaced if it stops working. I'll be using my Glade and Airwick cause I refuse to buy another wallflower.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I went to their store yesterday in Gainesville VA. They were extremely kind, helpful and the place was beautifully put together! I love their sales and love their products!!! I absolutely recommend this for all you beauty needs

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Don’t be fooled by their rewards program! The rewards are only good for 90 days and you’ll probably forget about them before you use them. When you call Customer Service, or lack of customer service, they say it was written on the receipt. Basically the ownership is on the customer and they is no grace. Well I guess I’m gonna have to return all of the items that I bought last weekend!

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I’ve ordered from Bath & Body Works for as long as I can remember. I recently made my regular order to reload wall plug ins and soap. My default address is set to my address which I’ve used since 2019. They for some reason they sent my order to an address I haven’t lived at since Sept 2019. I called and the customer service representative wanted to talk in circles about it being my fault it was sent to the wrong address even though that old address doesn’t not show on my account from what I can see. I had to stop her and say regardless whose fault let’s move toward resolution. She said she would send a replacement to my current address. We confirmed the address and I was okay. I got an email saying it was delivered and I had received nothing. I called again and the new rep said the replacement package was sent to that same old address!!! He said he could not send another replacement and could offer a refund.

I advised that wasn’t good enough. He said he could give me 20% off my order. I advised I would like at least 50% off. He said he couldn’t do that. I asked for a supervisor and he said no one was available. I asked for a call center in America. He said they had one but couldn’t give me the number or transfer me to it. It all seemed so strange to me. I never received the discount email, I never received my package and I didn’t get a call from a supervisor. I’m definitely not ordering from them again and maybe this is just my sign to look for healthier products.

Reviewed April 22, 2024

The new glass containers that the candles are in doesn’t hold the scent of the candle as well as the old jars with the screw on tops. When burning the candles you don’t really smell the candles' aroma just a scented wax smell. The press on lid sucks.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I like some of their products but so much starting to not like when the way they do things. So annoying when they have sales, magically stuff on sale disappears just as the sale supposedly starts. SMH and they NEVER know to restock until the sale is over. What Good Is That?

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I have been ordering from Bath & Body Works for many years but lately my deliveries have been terrible. I just ordered room sanitizer sprays & 1 can was totally Empty & at least 6-8 more were only half filled & used. The plug ins are always thrown in & leaking all over the box. Terrible customer service experiences on more than 1 occasion.

Reviewed March 25, 2024

If I could give this company zero stars, I would. The hype that is created by the deals is so misleading. The prices are too extreme to make any deal a real deal! The bombardment of emails that you receive is beyond ridiculous. The marketing strategy is diabolical and is such that anyone who really doesn't know pricing for these types of products is easily taken in. I don't mean to degrade anyone's intelligence, but the marketing strategy of Bath & Body Works plays on those who are not aware of what a sale price really is for these types of products. There is nothing in any of the products that puts them ahead of any other brand. In fact, the product quality is less in my opinion.

If you do not label a price in the store for any product, and there is always a sale, that is NOT A SALE price. Bath & Body Works always has a sale, so stop making everyone think you're doing them a favour by putting things on sale. Put the price on the items, keep the pricing "reasonable" and when you do have a sale, it's not to try to lure people in under "false pretenses".

Reviewed March 20, 2024

I'm not able to breathe correctly. I'm using my machine more often. As far as my Asthma goes, I'm having to do my medications every day when I used to have to do a once a week now. Even after not using the products my asthma is at the worst time it has ever been.

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2024

I’ve been a long time customer of Bath and Body Works. Purchased many candles through the years. This year purchased about 15 candles. As I’m burning them, I’ve noticed they are only burning a third of the way down, this never happened before, always burned all the way. I took the two that I burned back to the store. The sales girl says to me, "That’s the way they are supposed to burn." I said to her, "That’s not true. I’ve purchased many candles and they always burn to the bottom. They are expensive candles, I don’t want to pay for a candle that only burns two thirds of the way," she would not take them back. Even the customer next to me said the same thing. Very bad experience and will not be buying any candles from them.

Price

Reviewed March 17, 2024

I bought 3 wallflowers scents today and cannot get the damn cap off. It’s so tight. Totally ridiculous to pay that high dollar amount and can’t even use it. But I will be taking all of it back and go back to using Febreze plugins. Pissed off customer!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2024

I was buying Wallflower refills and & new plug in. The ones I wanted were not available in the store. I wanted to take advantage on the one day special they had, plus I had a 20% of instore or online coupon that was good for entire purchase and could be combined. At check out it if I put in the code it would up the price on my items. I proceeded to order. I then followed up with Bath & Body their online service person. Her rude response, "There is nothing that could be done, since the order was place." Please let them know, I can do something after 6 years ordering from them. They lost a customer. I will switch to Yankee Candles wall fragrances.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

Bath and Body Works exchange policy is horrible. I purchase hundreds of dollars a year and never tried to exchange a sicking and disgusting room spray I received as a gift. They stated "Nothing we can do". The elderly woman was so rude!!!

Price

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

The foam hand soaps bottles pumps aren’t working! I recently bought 5 of them. None of them working, when you press, no soaps came up, is frustrating! Expensive little soap bottles but cheaply made and not working properly. I don’t think I will waste my time and money again.

Catherine

I recently had the same experience. I ordered buy 3 get 3 free foaming hand soaps. On 2 of them, the pump was not working. I called and supposedly they fixed the issue and sent me 2 new ones. Out of the 2 that arrived, 1 pump didn't work. I called again and was told since I had already returned it once, they wouldn't replace it but would give me a refund. I said "NO" because of the deal and they wouldn't give me any money back since I had gotten it free. Then the rude woman hung up on me.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

First I love shopping in store - always a good experience. BEWARE online. I ordered 42 candles jan 16, 2024. Jan 19th 1 box shipped with 14 candles. Order showed additional tracking for the remaining items and showed as awaiting carrier pick up. I received the 14 candles on Jan 27, 2024. B&BW site still showed awaiting pick up for the remaining items. Contacted B&BW Feb 2, 2024. Was told 4 candles out of stock and the remaining 24 would be scheduled for reship and refund the 4 out of stock. Feb 12, 2024 still no refund or shipment. Contacted B&BW. Was told no. Fed ex shows delivered and only recourse to get my money back was to file a FALSE POLICE REPORT and take to fed ex?? Note that the invoice from fed ex shows a weight of 25 pounds. I am certain 42 3 wick candles weights more than 26 lbs. proving it was only a partial shipment. Results = I am out hundreds of dollars.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

Excellent products, but was not pleased with the College Plaza store staff in Selden, New York. When I entered, I wasn’t greeted by either of the two staff members who chose to stand there and continue their personal conversation. Was in the store for nearly 20 minutes mostly alone as there seemed to be no other customers there but no one ever offered me assistance. After I made my purchase, noticed they had actually called security on me who was standing by the door waiting for me to come out, and when I passed him he got back in his car and pulled off. Guess everyone was expecting me to steal something since I didn’t look like any of “them”. Pathetic.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

I made an online order before Christmas and received 1 item from my entire order. I also received an email saying that the rest of my order was on the way. I never received my order. I called and spoke with someone in customer service. She told me everything I wanted to hear and even said she would resend my order. 48 hrs past and I didn't receive an email, so I called to check. The customer service person I spoke with said there was no recorded of me calling nor was there a recent order. My entire order is now sold out. I now don't trust making any online orders with Bath & Body. I would never make an online order with them again.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

I made an online purchase during one of their sales. (Buy ? get ? Free). When I received my order, 2 items were missing. I checked my email and it stated that those two items were cancelled, as they were no longer in stock. However, my credit card was charged for the full amount. When I contacted customer service, they put in a refund for the one item, but not the other because it was a free item. I understand not getting a refund for the free item, however, according to my purchase, I’m still entitled to my free item. I was told they cannot send me anything in its place. So ultimately I didn’t receive the sale that was advertised, but they processed payment as if I did. This is the second time I’ve had issues with the online purchases from this company. I’m done!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

I spent about $400 on candles & sprays from B&BW. It's been a month & I'm still waiting for my order. I think I got scammed. They had an ad on the marketplace. Thought it was legit. But I'm guessing it wasn't.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

The seals on the hand soaps are ridiculous! It's one big mess trying to remove the seals, and the perforations are a joke! Ya'll can do better than this! Love your soaps, but until you figure out better ways of the seals, I will not order again. I'll keep my hand soaps order to Amazon!! Also your email access is a joke!!

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I have made numerous online orders from Bath and Body Works. I love the prices and the products. The only problem is when I order online I put in my phone number, email etc. They keep sending my order to old email. I have changed it and it's there. I also use new email for all my orders. I tell them to text. No text. I tell them the email when I make order. Again they send it to wrong email which is not even associated with this account. They're like a DOG with a bone. Just can't give up my old email. So probably will not order again online.

Verified purchase
    Staff

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

I purchased 16 items at Bath and Body Works and they were too heavy for me to carry since my spine surgery. I requested two separate bags intending to share the weight with someone else. The cashier told me each customer was only allowed one bag. I asked for a manager and she rudely said since I had been capable of bringing my purchases to the counter, I should be able to carry them in one bag. The manager said the store was running low on bags and would not give me more than one. I wondered if my purchase was less important than others who are given one bag for only one item when I had purchased 16?

My suggestion would be to send an employee to a nearby dollar store or office supply store (there is a Staples nearby) to purchase more bags instead of losing a formerly loyal customer like myself. Except for the rudeness of the cashier, I do not fault her or the manager, but the executives who make such ridiculous rules and do not consider convenience for the customer, especially one with a medical problem. Hereafter I will shop at other retailers for similar products at a lower price with much better policies.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

Extremely horrible experience with ordering online during sale! Order was placed on Nov 18. Today is Dec 22nd. I didn’t receive anything! 2 customer support chats for 20 min each! 2 customer care calls 40 min and 15 min each. NOTHING! The people on the phone are clueless, nobody can’t tell you anything! But beggining of the problem is when you receiving the email confirmation that your order has been sent and after a week you checking the tracking number and it says that order actually never been even picked up! Because guess what - the items are out of stock! How can you “ship” something that is not on stock and send the shipping confirmation email! LIE!

Then in the phone we are doing adjustment to the order to make sure that all items are on stock, I’m receiving the email confirmation again and guess what - same story! What waste of time! What are unprofessional people, system and all company itself to put customers through this hell for the hand soap lol. What a joke this business is! Shame!

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

As I ordered perfume from the website but didn't get the right order and yet they are not accepting this. And they are not taking any responsibility for that. Also behaviour of the company person is so rude. I will never buy from this company ever and also will not suggest to anyone.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

I ordered 10 candles for their online candle event. Shipping took much longer than expected and 6 of the 10 came very damaged. Exchanging was a hassle, as 5 of the 6 they didn’t have in the store. The packaging was terrible. When exchanging in the store, the lady told me this happens all the time with their online candles. This is not ok. Do better!!! Do yourself a favor and don’t buy candles online, unless you want them to be broken with glass everywhere in the box.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

Throughout the year, I purchase at BBW for little gifts, sale items, and whatever else I may need/want, and like many people I wait patiently for the annual candle sale to make the big candle purchases. This year, I made a large candle purchase, expected extra processing and shipping time because this is a big event and waited patiently. I also placed a second smaller order 2-days later and expected it to also take a few extra days. My initial large order arrived a few days later than promised, but within the timeframe I expected. The second order however sat in processing for almost 2-weeks before it shipped, making it too late for me to use as the planned gifts. 2-weeks to process 6 candles and 2 lotions - seriously?!?

At a certain point I contacted customer service via chat to cancel the order. The order took so long to process that I ended up having to shop in the store. After a long and ridiculous conversation with the associate I was assured my refund had processed on 12.07.23 and I would receive the funds within 3-5 business days. I was also told I'd receive an email receipt within 24-hours. On 12.09.23 I contacted chat again because I had not received the email confirmation and was assured that the refund had processed on 12.07.23, and the email confirmation would arrive within 24-hours. 6-days later I had still received nothing; no email and no refund.

Again, I contacted chat this morning and it was like pulling teeth to get the woman to even answer yes or no that the refund had processed on 12.07.23, like it was some State secret. Further, she said the refund would arrive in my account within 24-hours meaning, the 3-5 business days for refunds is actually 7+ days. And to add insult to injury, they will not give supervisor names or contact information for complaints. They aren't allowed. Why? Do they somehow think this will deter consumers from complaining? In the end, I like BBW products so I will continue to shop there as needed however, I will NOT shop online (unless it is store pick up) ever again, and I will start looking for alternatives. The customer service issues are making the scents much less appealing.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

I thought I was alone in the complaint that B&BW was packing their products poorly for online orders however it is a normal practice of yours. All three orders I received from them so far have been packed with intent of causing damage to the shipment. The candles I ordered were broken and customer service wanted to blame UPS for the damages until I sent them a picture of their poor packing of the order. I will never order from B&BW again. I will never recommend B&BW to any of my friend or family. Good job.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

I am so disappointed in the way my online order of candles were shipped to my house. I ordered 11 candles and 7 of them were damaged. There was broken glass all in my box when I opened it. Some of the candles were not in an individual box which allowed them to get broke. The tops were not on most of the candles.

I also had candles in a box that were broken. There was not a receipt in my box at all. I called customer service just to be hung up on. When I called back, I was told that the candles that were damaged was not in stock anymore. These candles were Christmas gifts and they basically could care less. I was told that I could get my money back and that was fine but they should have at least tried to offer something else in place of my candles. I have always been pleased with my orders from this company in the past. After this experience, I can't promise that I would do online ordering again!!! I also would like to speak with someone over customer service but of course they don't have a number to reach out to whoever is over them.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

The online chat agents are so rude for no reason. They will purposely disconnect you from the chat. I have had this done twice. I see a lot of reviews that also states similar to the same thing and it's sad nothing is being done about it.

Bath & Body Works Company Information