3.78/5

382 Bath & Body Works Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

There is no way I could tell the repeated bad experiences I have had both in the store or online with this company in just 3 weeks!! I have spent well over 350.00 $ That should have been much less. I am on a fixed income and they never once applied my coupons that they took... 3 times I got home with wrong products!!! When I explained to the manager what had happened, I got, "Oh I’m sorry here is 3 more USELESS coupons to use when you buy more stuff!!!" Then 2 days later the lotions bottles I paid full price for at 12.50! Go on sale for 2.95!!! I am DONE with Bath & Body Works!! I left out that they sent me to go fetch products to get prices. While they stood behind the counter talking... And I am searching the store!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

To make a long story short I looked online and saw where people were talking about returning their wallflowers because they just stopped working. So I called customer service and I spoke with several people and they all told me different things. One lady I spoke with said that I could take them back to the store. I tried taking them back on Tuesday and was told I would have to buy new ones because they only last for two years. The cashier called customer service and explained the situation and they told her not to take them back. I go out to my car and call them myself. I spoke with a man that stated they were supposed to take them back and he would give me an e-gift card in the amount of 50.00$ within 48 hours which is today. He also took my complaint. My issue is that everyone should be aware of their store's policies and procedures. They should also have a way for complainants to know what the status of their complaint is.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

BBW does not sell direct online to Canadians. I recently had an accident and am left with a fractured back and unable to attend the store for XMAS purchase. Tried to order online and was shocked at checkout that it was in US funds equaling more than 40% higher cost than in the Canadian store. When I called the Winnipeg Store, the clerk was short and said there was no possibility I could order direct from them, I had to go through the US website at the higher rate.

This is a rip off to Canadians. I live 1.5 hours from the nearest store and unless I drive in, which I can no longer do at this point, I have no option to purchase the gifts my daughter wanted from this store. With all the store across Canada and millions of Canadian consumers, you would think they would have a CDN online option. BBW products have been on the top of my daughters wish list for years. I am devastated that I cannot even provide Xmas gifts from online for my daughter. So arrogantly American.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I went to purchase online. There was a code for 20% off. Before the code the shipping was 5.99 and the total came to $19.79. Then I entered the code and it deducted $2.40 and now shipping was $9.99 and the total came to $21.55. Please explain to me WHY shipping changed by FOUR DOLLARS and you actually deducted 20%... Needless to say, I did NOT buy this and B&BW is ripping people off. I've been a loyal customer for MANY years... Buh Bye.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased 3 wallflower plug ins and 5 snickerdoodle scents (one plug in for each floor of our home) two and a half weeks ago. Within one week of plugging the wallflowers in my son had a terrible, deep hacking cough. He was put on a round of steroids. Then within days of his appointment I was at the doctor with what they called respiratory distress and put on steroids, an antibiotic and an inhaler. One of my daughters also started with a terrible cough. She has also been seen by her doctor. Two days ago it dawned on me that the only change that had taken place was the addition of the wallflowers. I removed all of them from our home and opened windows to air my house out. We are all improving my children’s coughs have almost completely stopped. I will never use wallflowers in my home again and greatly caution others who are considering purchasing these items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I’m disappointed in the loyalty=coupons system. This is my third candle day year and I received zero coupons to stack for the big day. I won’t go back again. As for lotions I’m moving towards Lush as they are adopting plastic free packaging. I have some scents from Bath & Body Works that will start making my nose close up and spark allergies because they are so intense. I purchased Dream Cream from Lush and it cleared up my eczema. You will not find a product that’s good for your skin at Bath & Body Works. It’s all about the fragrances. Go plastic free. Go green.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I've been a customer of Bath and Body works for almost a decade now and it's the first time I had a problem receiving my order packages. I called Bath and Body works to get an explanation from them and I was told that it's not their problem and asked me to call local post office instead. I've been dealing and still waiting for my package for over 2 weeks now. Very disappointing. Why do I have to call people to search where my package went? So much for paying shipping and handling. Bath and Body Works customer service wasn't a help either.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I’ve been using their products for many years. Recently, my hands had been itching terribly and I could feel little bumps forming on my hands. On the palm side of my hands and fingers, I got multiple small blisters that formed together into larger clusters. Not only did they itch really bad, but my hands looked horrible. I’d used the body wash, the spray and the lotion in Amber Blush. I’d also used Endless Weekend lotion that I kept in my purse and on my desk at work. In addition to the blisters, my hands were really inflamed (pinkish/reddish color, and they were burning. I had to use a very powerful steroid ointment that was prescribed by my physician in addition to taking allergy meds to help calm my symptoms. I did not have this issue prior to them changing the formula in their products. I now have a ton of body products that I can no longer use. I’ve had no known allergies up until I broke out from their products.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am very disappointed in the Wallflowers. I can't smell them at all. I can smell Glade plug ins. I will not be buying this product anymore, waste of money. They use to smell very strong, but know I think they are not putting the same amount of oil in the Wallflowers.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Ok so I decided to try a new shampoo and went to Bath & Body Works. I was actually a little disappointed that I found out it leaves my hair really thick. Whenever I use this to shower, my hair immediately gets thick and is really hard to wash, probably since it’s a 2-in-1. But it left my hair really thick during the shower and after, I already broke a comb trying to straighten out my hair and I’m just wasting my money! And I’ve been shampooing my hair for at least a week and still no difference. Again, pretty disappointed and I would not recommend this to another person/friend.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Just left the Bath & Body in Commerce, Ga. There’s the usual sale for buy 3 get 2 free. And of course, the item of higher cost is supposed to be charged. I asked the cashier if the items were prorated (the bs reason they gave me in Danville, Va) or were they actually honoring what the sign by the items stated. She said, “whatever the sign said.” She rang up the items and lo and behold all three items were charged. I told her this was the same foolishness that happened in VA so she asked her co-worker who tried to give me the same spiel that the cashier in VA gave me.

I had 5 items, 3 of which applied to sale. Before she rang up the last two items the sub total was $25. Now if the most expensive of the 3 was $13, and it’s buy 3 get 2 free, where’s the discount? “Oh, they take a little off of each product,” she says. So I told her “put that on a sign instead of buy 3 get 2 free. That’s false advertising.” Has anyone else experienced this at a Bath & Body store?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I made an online purchase on Black Friday for home fragrances. Good deal but 3 get 3 free included a free tote bag with a $30.00 purchase before taxes. Well I made that requirement and I added promotion code and it said, "You are good. Proceeded to checkout and completed purchase." Nowhere did I see it asking for promotion code to be added again and why should it since I already added to my order. Well I followed up immediately with customer service and was told I had to add at check out. I explained that there was not a place that I seen asking for this and again why should it since I had already added to my bag? They could not help me so I lost out on my free tote bag. I have purchased many things thru Sephora and Ulta and never had an issue getting any promotions at checkout. So beware ordering online with this store. They might rip you off like they did me?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I think Bath & Body Works thinks their customers can’t do simple math!!! HOW IS YOUR BLACK FRIDAY SALE A SALE AT ALL!? Last week their candles were $12.95 for one... If you were to buy six the total is $77.70. Their CRAP sale is buy three candles for 24.50 and get 3 free... $73.50 is that price so you only save $4.20!!! IT'S NOT A SALE AT ALL!!! SHOP AMAZON FOR SALES!!! No longer a customer at Bath & Body Works and I’ll spread the word of their NON Black Friday sales!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

If you have coupons, only one promotion code will work. So they send you multiple coupons in the mail and also a coupon for a free gift that is good online but won’t work if you apply a 20% off code with your order. So you can’t even get a free gift. And if they have a special online with $2.50 for hand soaps which should automatically be applied at checkout, you still have to put a code in to get that price. No sense in ordering online as they have “old school” technology!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I always thought the store was a joke with the "if you buy this you get that" or "if you spend this much, you can get this much." WHAT A SCAM!!! BUT Now, I plugged in a wallflower, after two hours the house was fully engulfed in pine smell. Then I saw a puddle under my dishwasher. I told my husband the dishwasher was leaking. As he went to inspect it, I noticed the wallflower I had plugged in two hours before was empty. I then told him that it was the wallflower that had leaked across the counter, down the dishwasher and on to my hardwood floor.

The display area on my dishwasher is DISINTEGRATED. As several people mentioned before that this substance has ruined a COMB, A RADIO, A KITCHEN COUNTER AND A DINING ROOM TABLE. Please take this off the market. I cannot get the smell out, my dishwasher front is ruined and the smell is permeating. I am literally cooking sauerkraut to get the smell out of my house. What a joke this company is. and DANGEROUS!!! Stop. Stop. Stop. Do not buy from these people. The whole company is a scam.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

These do smell amazing but my husband had an allergic reaction and was sneezing constantly until I got rid of them. I also have cats and my oldest cat was vomiting constantly. It's a shame because I really loved the way they made our home smell.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This is a great, and relatively expensive lotion that my sister buys me each year as a gift. I don't want to bug her for the order number so I couldn't complain on the company website. It is stupid for a company to sell a lotion that does not pour in a 'pump' glass bottle where, if the cap breaks, the lotion simply will not come out. Rather than go through the expense of return, please consider providing this lotion in a jar with a screw-on-lid rather than a pump cap. It is just too thick!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I used the stress relief and sleep lotions at night before bed and noticed that the nights I used these lotions I had nightmares. I was not sure at first that this was the cause until I kept a journal for two weeks and I discovered that the lotions was in fact the cause. I have used these lotions many times over the years and it never had that effect before so I really puzzled. Where the ingredients in these lotions changed recently? Signed disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Have used scent bulbs for years. One unit was empty so I went to change it but noticed a sticky, brown substance leaking from the bottom of the wallflower(??). Not sure what it is but it ruined my hardwood. (Awesome thanks). This is the first time I experienced this in my years of use so I questioned whether it was the product or not. I wiped the brown sticky residue away and plugged it back in (with a paper mat below it this time) and sure thing, after a few days the brown residue was building back up. Thankfully since I was monitoring it I caught it before it started dripping onto the floor again. Clearly a weird defect within this product. Overall my opinion is just that these things could be so much better. A different company should sell a superior product. These seem cheaply made and I’ve had a pretty inconsistent experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Package labeling on the wallflower refills is incorrect and misleading. Bath and Body states that the refills 'lasts for weeks AND weeks,' but they only last about 2 weeks. The use of 'and' on this label infers that their product lasts for 4 weeks. I recently purchased about 10 refills in different scents. I've tracked them on the calendar and so far, none have lasted more than 16 days. That means, for every dispenser I have, I have to replace the refill twice monthly. It would not be so bad if the product were not so ridiculously overpriced. I contacted the company and they apologize that I am unhappy, but make no apologies for the mislabeling. The product works pretty well, but I can't afford to spend that much money on air fresheners.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband plugged in my Wallflower upside down for a matter of seconds, it dripped out (fast) and ran over to our Garmin Pro dog collar... and literally ate through the plastic! Now our 300.00 transmitter has a giant crack down the middle and the rubber/plastic is peeling off!!! Won’t be purchasing anything from that store EVER again! If it eats through hard plastic and rubber what in the world is it doing to us as we breathe it in!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Typically I love Bath & Body, but my recent experience with the plug in room scents have me beyond disappointed. I purchased 10 refills when they were on sale last and none of them work. I won’t be buying them again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

How can I find out what is used to make the wallflower scents? I've been using them for a while but lately I feel like I can taste them... I have a soapy taste in my mouth, if I unplug them, in a few days it goes away. I feel like this is a real health issue.

Original review: July 10, 2018

On 6/12/18 I placed an order online and received it on 6/19/18 and the following is what I found when I opened the box: 1 pump was broken and soap was leaking out inside of the box; 3 caps were not on tight and soap had leaked out of them; 1 pump itself was not locked down and it was dripping soap out of 11 items ordered. I contacted customer service on 6/19/18 and to this date no one has responded to my email. I have been buying Bath & Body Works products in the store for 8+ years but this is the first time I have made an online purchase. This is not the way a company should do business and I have seen the same complaint from others.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I bought a 3-wick scented candle from their website a week ago and have now received the package in the mail. When looking at the receipt, it shows that I was charged $20.49 total. But when I checked my PayPal account, they took $28.17. Furthermore, when I received an email with the tracking number, the site (Landmark Global) said that they could not find my shipment. I am very disappointed with Bath & Body Works and will not be shopping there ever again.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Recently purchased more lotions from Bath and Body Works. When I was there, I asked if they had changed their formula as the lotion didn't seem to smell or hold the smell as it usually did in past. I normally bulk up on products when I can but had recently ran out. I got home and tried the lotion and as I suspected it basically didn't have any smell. It appears that the formula has changed and they have gone to a "fake" formula perhaps to save cost on production? Not sure but very disappointing. When I returned the product I wasn't even asked if there was a problem. That too was disappointing as they use to be a reputable company with great product and service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I’ve been shopping with B&BW for 5 years and never had a problem, until I ordered recently during one of their sales and they shipped me leaking and unsealed product (Gentle Foaming Hand Soap). Anyone can attest that every soap is in the “locked” position and has a plastic seal so you know the product you’ve received is new, unused, and untampered with. But after waiting an extra couple of days for it to be processed and shipped, which I can forgive, I know they must’ve been busy. I don’t mind waiting a little longer for my order to be right. But my order was awful when it finally did arrive. The box was nearly destroyed, there was very little paper in the box to protect my product and ALL of my soaps were unsealed. One was leaking all over the rest and had seeped through the box. The product was half gone by the time it arrived!

When I contacted their customer care, I got the biggest cockamamie lie I’ve ever heard. “We are no longer shipping sealed product.” It took me a couple days to be able to control my temper. This is just an insult to my intelligence. You expect me to believe, you don’t ship LIQUID product with seals anymore? Really? How dumb do you think I am? You know how I know that’s BS? I’ve ordered from you before, recently. So that's a lie. Anyone with common sense knows if you ship liquids. They need a seal. Why? BECAUSE THEY LEAK. It doesn’t make sense that a business that’s been around as long as B&BW wouldn’t know that. So I know you’re lying.

Worst customer service ever. They’re just treating me like I’m trying to scam them out of free products. Like I’d even want them after going through this. I’m done with a company that can encourage its employees to lie to its customers. I work too hard for my money to tolerate handing it to someone who’s going to disrespect my intelligence to my face.

Original review: June 3, 2018

After reading about the experiences of other people, it made me think what I experienced was not just “in my head”. I’ve used BBW products for as long as I can remember. 15+years. The current bottle of bath/shower gel I am using, makes me feel like something is in my skin as I apply it.

Original review: May 22, 2018

BBW has frequent promotions of buy 3 get 2 free. I don't know exact promotion, but if you shop here, you will understand. When they have these promotions, I usually buy many items to take advantage of the "savings." I have been using BBW products for over 25 years and did not used to have these issues. Less than a year ago, I returned some rancid body lotion to them and they let me exchange it for the same product that wasn't rancid. I also bought a bunch of other products due to the promotion.

In the 25+ years I've been using their products, the products have lasted for years. I used one of the body creams but today, less than 1 year old, my (new, unused, unopened) body cream was rancid. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until I had applied to several body areas and I had to re-shower to get the rancid smell off of me. Lotion products should not be going rancid within a year of purchase. Yes, I will return it and they will probably let me exchange it for a new product that will once again go rancid before I am unable to use it all.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been using Bath and Body Works Wallflowers for a couple of years, I recently bought Watermelon and Lemonade scents for my plugs. I have been sick with bad headaches for 4 days and last night I noticed my cat sneezing and hacking. I took him to the vet this morning and he has respiratory irritation. The veterinarian told me to get rid of those air fresheners! I plan to take them back with my receipt for a refund today! THEY COST ME A VET BILL!

Bath & Body Works Company Information