Bath & Body Works

• 2%
  • 14%
  • 75%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

Extremely horrible experience with ordering online during sale! Order was placed on Nov 18. Today is Dec 22nd. I didn’t receive anything! 2 customer support chats for 20 min each! 2 customer care calls 40 min and 15 min each. NOTHING! The people on the phone are clueless, nobody can’t tell you anything! But beggining of the problem is when you receiving the email confirmation that your order has been sent and after a week you checking the tracking number and it says that order actually never been even picked up! Because guess what - the items are out of stock! How can you “ship” something that is not on stock and send the shipping confirmation email! LIE!

Then in the phone we are doing adjustment to the order to make sure that all items are on stock, I’m receiving the email confirmation again and guess what - same story! What waste of time! What are unprofessional people, system and all company itself to put customers through this hell for the hand soap lol. What a joke this business is! Shame!

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

As I ordered perfume from the website but didn't get the right order and yet they are not accepting this. And they are not taking any responsibility for that. Also behaviour of the company person is so rude. I will never buy from this company ever and also will not suggest to anyone.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

I ordered 10 candles for their online candle event. Shipping took much longer than expected and 6 of the 10 came very damaged. Exchanging was a hassle, as 5 of the 6 they didn’t have in the store. The packaging was terrible. When exchanging in the store, the lady told me this happens all the time with their online candles. This is not ok. Do better!!! Do yourself a favor and don’t buy candles online, unless you want them to be broken with glass everywhere in the box.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

Throughout the year, I purchase at BBW for little gifts, sale items, and whatever else I may need/want, and like many people I wait patiently for the annual candle sale to make the big candle purchases. This year, I made a large candle purchase, expected extra processing and shipping time because this is a big event and waited patiently. I also placed a second smaller order 2-days later and expected it to also take a few extra days. My initial large order arrived a few days later than promised, but within the timeframe I expected. The second order however sat in processing for almost 2-weeks before it shipped, making it too late for me to use as the planned gifts. 2-weeks to process 6 candles and 2 lotions - seriously?!?

At a certain point I contacted customer service via chat to cancel the order. The order took so long to process that I ended up having to shop in the store. After a long and ridiculous conversation with the associate I was assured my refund had processed on 12.07.23 and I would receive the funds within 3-5 business days. I was also told I'd receive an email receipt within 24-hours. On 12.09.23 I contacted chat again because I had not received the email confirmation and was assured that the refund had processed on 12.07.23, and the email confirmation would arrive within 24-hours. 6-days later I had still received nothing; no email and no refund.

Again, I contacted chat this morning and it was like pulling teeth to get the woman to even answer yes or no that the refund had processed on 12.07.23, like it was some State secret. Further, she said the refund would arrive in my account within 24-hours meaning, the 3-5 business days for refunds is actually 7+ days. And to add insult to injury, they will not give supervisor names or contact information for complaints. They aren't allowed. Why? Do they somehow think this will deter consumers from complaining? In the end, I like BBW products so I will continue to shop there as needed however, I will NOT shop online (unless it is store pick up) ever again, and I will start looking for alternatives. The customer service issues are making the scents much less appealing.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

I thought I was alone in the complaint that B&BW was packing their products poorly for online orders however it is a normal practice of yours. All three orders I received from them so far have been packed with intent of causing damage to the shipment. The candles I ordered were broken and customer service wanted to blame UPS for the damages until I sent them a picture of their poor packing of the order. I will never order from B&BW again. I will never recommend B&BW to any of my friend or family. Good job.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

I am so disappointed in the way my online order of candles were shipped to my house. I ordered 11 candles and 7 of them were damaged. There was broken glass all in my box when I opened it. Some of the candles were not in an individual box which allowed them to get broke. The tops were not on most of the candles.

I also had candles in a box that were broken. There was not a receipt in my box at all. I called customer service just to be hung up on. When I called back, I was told that the candles that were damaged was not in stock anymore. These candles were Christmas gifts and they basically could care less. I was told that I could get my money back and that was fine but they should have at least tried to offer something else in place of my candles. I have always been pleased with my orders from this company in the past. After this experience, I can't promise that I would do online ordering again!!! I also would like to speak with someone over customer service but of course they don't have a number to reach out to whoever is over them.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

The online chat agents are so rude for no reason. They will purposely disconnect you from the chat. I have had this done twice. I see a lot of reviews that also states similar to the same thing and it's sad nothing is being done about it.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

I have never in my life experience such horrible customer service. I placed my order which was a Sale on lotions on 11/11/23 and received tracking info the following day and then it stopped. My package never moved from the starting place in New Jersey. I patiently waited until 11/29 to contact customer service for a replacement to be shipped. I had high hopes in receiving my package in time for Christmas since the replacement was approved, but once again no movement on my package.

I have been in contact with multiple associates regarding my concerns and every single associate had some different excuse as to where my package was. It got to where I was being rudely disconnected on purpose. I had to jump through hoops to receive a refund which I'm still waiting to clear. Now it's shy of 2 weeks before Christmas and I'm back at square one on shopping for gifts. This has been a very disappointing experience I have ever encountered through online shopping. I will never shop at Bath and Body Works again!

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

Online orders are a nightmare and customer service is rude. The candles are now crappy and don't smell or burn right. We have received broken candles and you put something in your cart and it says you are at your limits when you're not. Your website is Total trash. I didn't even get a receipt.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2023

I had a free Body care coupon for up to $17.95 and went today when it happened to be $4.95 on ALL body care in store. The one I grabbed was on the $4.95 sale. The line was about 10 people long before I got to the cashier to tell me it wasn't applicable since it's normally $ 20 for the oatmeal body wash. Even though today it was only $4.95! The coupon could be used only towards items normally $17.95. How does that even make sense when everything was on sale? I would like a better explanation.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

I ordered many items but so far have only received 1 item. Their shipping method is terrible and it’s not free, you pay for it!!! I love the products but come on, figure out a way to get them to your customers sooner!!!

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

Trying to change an address two minutes after you place an order. They confirm they change the address and they didn’t. I also got charged the wrong prices. After ordering on sale prices them not having the product they charge me full price instead of just giving me something different. It’s been a horrible experience, and I will never order from Bath and Body Works again.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

I love B&BW products. I love their sales. However, I am very dissatisfied with my most recent purchase experience which still is not complete. I wanted to take advantage of a great sale. I tried ordering and while ordering items were disappearing from my cart. Then while trying to check out, the system would freeze and not work. I gave up. Tried again a few days later. Got items in my cart, opted to use the PayPal in 4 payments and the order would not place. I was then charged 4 separate charges from paypal that I had to dispute. Finally the order went through but I find out that the pay in 4 payments is not being used. Their ordering system is a mess. I tried chatting and calling more than 10 times. You get someone who speaks terrible English and no one knows how to help. And if chat can't help they cut you off. I'm super upset. Still don't know if my order will ever come in. They run sales but doesn't seem like they really want to honor them.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

You charge now for paper bags. But still continue to send JUNK PAPER MAIL to people's houses several times every week. It would lower your costs if get rid of that. Have coupons or promo codes on your social media. You want your customers to foot your bill by charging every paper bag.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2023

I ordered products and waited... I tried to figure out the status of my order, and would get no status available. After chatting with customer service, they were going to "reship" my order, however they were sold out of nearly all the items I ordered. I got a refund and swore of ordering from them again due to the experience. However, I like their products and decided to order more. 11/18 I placed and order. 2 weeks later, still "no status available ". I was told to check back in 4 days. So all my items will be sold out again? A separate order I placed for candles one day ago is being shipped. We'll see. I think I'm done with this company. Customer service was NOT helpful regarding this matter.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

This was the absolute worst shopping experience I’ve ever had online. I’m a rewards member and it refused to accept the CANDLEDAY code. The USELESS bot didn’t help at all. IT just repeated the exact same thing over and over having nothing to do with my question. Then I called the phone number and asked why it didn’t work. He said “no idea.” Real helpful-not. I hung up and gave up. Be aware that they do not honor the bogus codes.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

Several days ago, I ordered a gift for my friend to be sent to her home. My credit card was charged for the gift. To my shock, my credit card company also posted a charge for another items which I did not order. When I returned to Bath and Body Works website, it states that I was charged 0. for the item, but my credit card was charged 45.75. When I called the company, they refused to assist me, saying that I should call my card company. Someone in their company charged me for the item. To add insult to injury, the gift for my friend was shipped to her without the gift card that was supposed to be included, so she didn't know who sent it. Also, when I was in their local store and asked a sales rep to help me, she said a few words and walked away!!! If I could give a zero star review, I would have. This is a terrible company!

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

Bought a promotional gift basket of Pure Wonder for $40, worth $112. After paying they let me know a week later that the product was out of stock. They are refusing to refund me the full $40 and only refunded my

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

I went online today to make a purchase, and their site was having issues and freezing. As I went to the checkout page it updated my order to full price. I call customer service phone number, waited on hold for 40 min, was told that they cannot honor past promotions even if it was their fault. I went onto Facebook and noticed many other people were having similar problems. I voiced my concern as well and sent a message via Facebook messenger. It was a regular complaint saying that I’m having problems with online too. No response from any customer service and they blocked me. I wonder how many other people blocked to voice their opinion. I went onto Twitter and noticed the same thing people were saying. They need to let us have communication with a company that we are buying products from, they need to fix the problems with the website and honor the promotions, glitches and issues from the website should be taken care of and they should help customers. Instead they silence customers.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

Bath and Body Works has started Black Friday shopping wonderful. I have saved my rewards and coupons for this time but guess what? I can only use 1 coupon per transaction which is ridiculous. You have lost my business.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

Was told at time of purchase, 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, even if you've used the product, you can return for refund or exchange. NOT TRUE. They lied. You CANNOT return or exchange a used product. (At their discretion) is the fine print. BEWARE...I won't be shopping there ever again.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I usually shop in store. I decided to place my first and last online order. One package was stolen, the other returned for insufficient address. Customer service was a nightmare. I just threw almost $100 away.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2023

Month I am struggling with writing in the chat. Spoke at least with 6 different people in time. My gift card was never working. Finally got to speak voice to voice with someone yesterday to fix it ..2 month later. 1:30 min later we had to make my order together so she could put my discount.. Then she told me to pay the amount and once it's done she will adjust my order with my 150$ discount (which my amount due was higher but she said it was the maximum authorized for her to put online so I accepted as I was OVER FED UP) PLUS she said I would receive a % discount coupon also for my next order due to all the trouble!!! And IMAGINE WHAT? Today I'm still online (it's now 35 min ) and on wait Because the amount hasn’t been adjusted and never received my coupon either! At this point the $ they charge for their products and they hire operators in africa and india just to pay cheap salary!!! Seriously BOYCOTTING THIS BRAND!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

When I order anything online they always mess it up and never give you a receipt. So I asked for the receipt and the non English speaking person who was extremely rude (was store manager) said that I had to look up everything on my phone and they were not going to give me a receipt which they didn’t even give me. She kept saying that I was rude for asking for a receipt and not being able to access my account (which is a lie because when I have a coupon for free items they always tell me at the register because they stopped mailing me coupons) so I know that they have access to my rewards so why lie to me??

You know what Bath and Body? I usually spend 100-300$ every other month but after today I will never shop at Bath and Body Works again. Yankee Candles has my money now. I would say the product has gone downhill and the price has gone up and I am definitely not buying anything from them anymore because they continue to have rude customer service and they are not going to talk to me in that manner when I pay their paychecks because I am a customer using my money in their store and that’s why they have a job to fit demand of the customers but I don’t plan on contributing to the company anymore and I hope they sink.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2023

We have at least a dozen wallflowers in our house. Ordered some refills online even after all of the actual wallflowers fail most of the time but I think I just am an idiot and kept ordering. Got the latest order. They clearly sent us something that was returned. It was upside down in the packaging and when I opened it is filled all over my hands and now I am broken out on my hands. It's clearly not meant to be on human skin. If you get something returned discard it. Do not package it back up and have it leaking everywhere. And why don't you fix your wallflowers so they don't leak and stop working after 3 months. We are going to an actual company that does real scent for households. This whole oil thing is disgusting. It's ruining people's carpets. I've read the reviews and it's ruining flooring.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2023

This is a poor company to deal with for online shopping. Takes them absolutely forever to pick and ship an order. If you want to use them be sure to allow several weeks for it to arrive. So many better options available.

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2023

This will be the last time I purchase anything from Bath & Body Works. For one, why is store pick-up no longer available?? They’d rather charge me $6.99 for shipping. I ordered 2 items, it has been 5 business days since I ordered and it still has not been shipped. They have a 30 min window of when you can cancel your order. Not sure why I can’t cancel it if it hasn’t already shipped… What a smart tactic to try to keep people’s money. The estimated delivery date was August 24th. It was suppose to be here two days ago.

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

You give rewards and take them. I’m a good loyal customer and if I earn points and rewards I should be able to use them. My rewards just went away. I don’t appreciate it. I spend a lot of money and time on this place. I would like to be able to use my rewards.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2023

I bought items on promotion but forgot to put in the promo code. I called immediately and that is where the nightmare started. First I got a representative who sounded very confused and at first refused to give me the discount and then later said she would but didn’t know how to calculate it and submitted the wrong amount. I could barely understand her because the line was so muffled.

The second person was very cordial and said she couldn’t do it till the previous rep’s submission went through. The third rep days after, argued that I had received a discount which was not shown on my receipt but was showing on her end. I asked her to email the receipt but never received it. I have never felt so cheated!! This was for a large order. None of the notes they put under my order was accurate. Each rep gave me a completely different amount from what was charged to my account. Extreme inconsistency. I felt like I was being scammed!!! And I had no choice but to accept it. Simply put, I felt violated and cheated! This is a shame to Bath & Body Works!!

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

I bought the product in April for my birthday. It's about half gone and it stopped spraying. They wouldn't replace it. They said I could buy another one. Yeah right! Never shopping there again. I will tell everyone I know about my experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2023

I was shopping on 7/21/23 at the River Chase Galleria in Birmingham, Alabama around 3:30 p.m. Employees were loud and cutting up behind the counter. I'm all about having fun at work, but when she was wrapping my plug-ins she said, "Oh you in a hurry? I mean you looking at me with those big bug eyes." I had said nothing to indicate this and my response was... "No, I'm not in a hurry." When asked if I was paying with card or cash, I replied card and the other employee mimicked me in a loud voice. Then they turned to each other and said..."These customers coming in hot today." Very rude and disrespectful! Never will go back.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 28, 2023

Customer service on 800 number sucks. Go to chat line. After repeating order number etc. they say product is no longer available. Sucked in on sale price, never receive order after 22 days, now can't be reshipped.

Reviewed June 18, 2023

Bath & Body Works really impressed me this week. I had ordered five candles during their semi-annual sale. However, I had it shipped to me and they used FedEx. FedEx did not push my ring doorbell and left my package at the front door and it was stolen 15 minutes later. I called B&BW and told him I made a police report that someone had stolen my package and I had a video of the culprit. They told me they would have the order replaced immediately and not only do they do that but they put a rush order and had it shipped to me within 2 days later.

I was really impressed and that was a really nice touch. I know that I did not spend a lot of money but it seems to me like they value their customers after talking to FedEx who did we're the ones that did not follow simple directions and just ring the doorbell which I could have instructed them to kindly bring it to the main office. After, making a police report sending the video footage from my Ring. I felt pretty violated and upset and it was a nice touch for them to be compassionate and validate my being upset. Not a lot of companies would go to all that trouble. I was thoroughly impressed with their customer service, effective response, and ethical professionalism.

Reviewed June 16, 2023

I used to love BBW for not only their products but also their customer service. Now, I'm thinking about not patronizing them anymore. I'm tired of getting broken items in my shipments because they don't put enough packing material in the boxes or the box is too big for what they are shipping. I also don't like that I had to call the call center three times today and nobody seemed to understand what the issue was. I just wanted a replacement on one of the broken items and to return the rest but not have to pay for return shipping. Nope, they got the replacement item wrong and I was told by the "resolution team" that even if the items are damaged, I have to pay for return shipping or take them to a store. That's ridiculous! Plus, one of the managers at our local BBW was so rude the last time I had a return, it made me not want to go back to that store. This used to be my favorite place to shop (online/in-store) but if they keep handling situations like this, they may lose a lot of customers.

Reviewed June 14, 2023

Do not order from them unless you want to wait 3 weeks for your order to ship. I placed my order a week ago. Email #1 confirmation of order. Email #2 processing of order. Email #3 estimated arrival time. Email #4 estimated arrival time changed. They clearly do not have my items in stock and are importing them from the US. Waiting 3 weeks for candles is ridiculous. I contacted them to cancel the order but of course they wouldn't.

Reviewed April 1, 2023

I don’t know if the company advertises that the wallflower plug-ins will damage anything that is directly above it, but it will!! I had a Christmas plug-in in an outlet in my kitchen, under my cupboard, the underside of my cupboard is ruined! The wood is damaged/peeled & the plug-in smell is imbedded in it as well. IF they don’t make consumers aware of this, they definitely should!!

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2023

I lit up one of their 3 wick candles which literally burned off one side of the glass of the candle. I had a supervisor at their customer service department hang up in my face. They are extremely rude.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2023

I tried to use a reward code for my purchase. When I entered the code, it stated I needed to be a VIP/rewards member to get the coupon code. I signed up with my email. When I went to enter the code, it said, "something went wrong," and when I clicked the hyperlink to pull up all coupon codes, it still stated, "Hmm. Something went wrong, try back later." I came back the next day and tried the same thing, and conveniently, the rewards/discounts are the ONLY part of the website that doesn't work. I will not be scammed by Bath & Body Works and will purchase my candles/soaps elsewhere.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2023

I got this gift a diamond shiny ball plug-in that cost 1695. Got it a couple of months ago. Noticed that the fragrance never went down not a bit from when I put it in the wall. Well it was one that was not working. It came broken I guess. They said that sometimes there are ones that are duds. Well mine was. I didn’t think I had to save the label from two months ago so I go there and I have ones that are very similar to it. They don’t have the same one because it’s been two months now. They know damn well the price range of how much it cost. They could have gave me a store credit.

They said if the barcode was on there. I didn’t have the barcode therefore they could have gave me a cheaper one one for $10 because I know damn well that it’s over $10 for this particular one and now I’m just stuck with a wall plug-in that I can’t even use and they don’t offer any type of store credit so I could’ve got a cheaper one so I have all these fragrances with nothing to put it in. I will never ever shop there again unless this is resolved and I will let anyone and everyone I know not to shop there either!

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

I just Bath and Body about their shipping department. I just got my order yesterday and it came in a heap. Broken bottes of the plug ins. I called but she just gave me what got broken. Now I have to go with rubber gloves and try to sort this all out. This is the second time it came like this in an extra big box with no protection in it. This is terrible. I am going to think twice about buy my product thru the mail. Terrible, do not order thru the internet.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2023

How the products smell is irrelevant after waiting almost a month to receive an order of 15 candles that were meant for Christmas gifts. I tried several times to cancel the order once I realized the items would be received after Christmas and therefore would be useless. After horrendously long wait times, customer service reps were rude both on the phone and in online chats. I was told the order can’t be canceled because it’s “in process” and about to ship out. These were blatant lies, as the order did not ship out until about two weeks after that. When the order did finally arrive, some of the items were broken. I had to carry a very heavy box full of this useless crap into a physical store to get a refund. This company is deceptive and shady and I will never spend another cent here after this experience. Be prepared for a frustrating experience if you order from them.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2022

Last month, purchased [3] Mahogany & Teakwood foaming soaps from Bath & Body works. Just now using one of them over the holidays and discovering that the one I opened does not "foam" but drips out of the bottle. Changed spout with another but still doing it. Unscrewed the top and the mixture inside is a white color - this soap [been purchasing for 5+ years] is always clear. Ended up throwing the mixture away; either happened in manufacturing OR someone added to it and returned it and they are selling "returned" bottles. This really discourages me from purchasing in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2022

Wish I had checked the reviews of this company before I ordered online. Ordered the merriest gift box ever on 12/8/22. Cost was $30, plus tax. I also had a coupon for a free item if my order was over $10, so I just got a bottle of body wash for free. Shipping was $6.99 for both items. Got a confirmation notice and a few days later received notice that my items had shipped. Only received the "free" item in package. Waited a few days and called customer service. Was told the gift box was out of stock and they would issue a credit. I then had to pay the full shipping charge for the "free" item which I wouldn't have even ordered. I'll never order from them again.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

I have bought Bath & Body candles for yrs, they burn nicely and the wicks can be broken off after blown out to keep the flame lower when burning. This season apparently the product was changed, namely the wicks they are now using, the flame burns higher, hotter and the top of wick gets a big black mushroom on it while burning. I always have pinched the wick off before next light, can't do that anymore have to use scissors, it's like wick has wire in it. Why when you had a nice burning candle would you change this, if this continues I will look elsewhere for my candles as will others that I gift candles to, they also have noticed the wick issue. If this change to the wicks was made to save money, the only one saving money will be when I no longer purchase your candles. I hope you will rethink your decision to change the wicks and go back to what you had before.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2022

I like Bath & Body Works, but I feel the buy 3 get 3 free sale is very misleading. All the floor associates said that you pay for the 3 most expensive items and get the others free. This is not true. My mom and I bought six items each, and once we got to checkout, we questioned why the total was so expensive. The cashier said it's because you are not actually receiving three items for free. You're basically just getting a discount for the so called free items. The receipts don't show a balance of zero for each free item, and this is not explained until you've paid. My mom also got charged for an extra item. After catching the mistake, we had to explain it multiple times to the manager. She attempted to do the whole transaction over twice. Then she finally told my mom she could only be refunded about $12 for an item that costs $17. It made no sense. Then she decided to offer us one additional free item.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

Why say it’s a sale for VIP at 8 when you attempt to purchase they email saying you need to wait until 11:45 PM? So, I wait until 11:45 wayyy after my bed time to get an email saying the sale is over. BBW has lost a value Customer that spend 125.00 plus each month. I’m DONE!!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

So I had 6 rewards of free products up to $16.50 because I purchase so many products and had a time frame of 90 to use them. After about 3 weeks my rewards disappeared and I then had ZERO!! I tried chatting and calling and was transferred then after a hour of my time on the phone I got hung up on. The chat agent ended the chat on me. I couldn't believe this was coming from Bath and Body. What a scam of them getting your number when they take back your rewards.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2022

The closest store is at least a 45 minutes to close to an hour drive, opting into ordering online, forget it if you want to enjoy fragrances in the season, the delay in shipping is unacceptable. If you are going to advertise out the wazoo, ship the items within a few days. Rake the sale in and forget about consumer delivery. Get a body lotion product free item up to $16.50, ALWAYS defaults to lowest non-body lotion product. Ridiculous!

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2022

I’m so tired of B&BW telling you that you if you buy 3 full size body care items that you’ll get 3 free. Then, you get a free body care item, and free promo item, and 25% off. What they FAIL to tell you is that you can only use ONE code per order. So.. you’re EITHER getting 3 items for free AND NO ADDITIONAL item for free, OR, you’re getting the free promo item, OR, you’re getting 25% off. It’s a complete joke!! I haven’t noticed it before, after spending HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS, trying to understand how they can charge SO MUCH!! BUT, after ordering online, it all made sense!!! It’s what you call a scam! Every single person who works for them should be ashamed for tricking people like they do!! This is just as bad as someone calling and dwindling and targeting older people to get their money!

I am Completely appalled and will never again give them a dime of my money!! Rest assured, I will be telling everyone I know, and ask them to pass along to all of their friends to tell all of their friends, etc. Of the misguided plot they (B&BW) incur on every single person that walk through their doors!! I’ve worked in Compliance in a huge Financial Firm for over 10 years. All I can say is after all that time there, if I started working at B&BW now, I would quit. They do not meet the criteria of a company with morals or values and they certainly pass down their lack of customer care to everyone who work for them. “It starts from the top.” I find this whole company to be sickening.

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2022

This soap is advertised as being gentle foaming hand soap with natural essential oils but it irritated my skin. I have a baby so I constantly have to be washing my hands for bottle feeding among other things. This soap will make my skin break, crack and bleed. it becomes excessively dry after using and I most apply a hand cream by O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream which truly guarantees relief. The soap that works best for me is Dial moisturizing hand soap. Truly disappointed with Bath and Body Works. I plan to use the soaps I already purchased and not buy ever again. I will try other things such as the candles and body spray, but don't recommend the soaps unless you feel like suffering over dry and painfully cracked skin.

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2022

Sales stink now! Advertised 2.99 hand soaps, go to store, and they only have 3 that are actually on sale! Waste of my gas and time to go there. I miss the sales before the new rewards program started!

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2022

I placed an order on Bath & Body Works website this morning, then found the same item for a much better price on Amazon, to be frank. So, literally, a few minutes after I had placed this order I reached out to Bath & Body's customer service, via online chat through their website, gave them my order # and requested it be canceled.

After a moment the CSR typed back to me it was not possible to cancel the order; that I had to wait for it to arrive to my home and then I could send it back for a refund. Ok, so my first issue with this is the most obvious...why can an order not be canceled?? And my next issue is...this has to be a key fact Customer Service would be aware of if this is actually true so then why take my order # and shipping info for verification if you can't cancel it?? Not to mention, after the agent informed me of this, I questioned, 'why' and got a generic generated answer right before I was quickly disconnected from the chat. It was the equivalent of being hung up on had I been on the phone instead of an online chat!

Honestly, I don't know that I've ever encountered a company that doesn't allow for cancellation if the order hasn't been shipped yet. And to top it all off, once I receive the order and go through the annoyance of re-boxing it and sending it right back to Bath & Body, they will refund me minus the shipping. Yeah. They don't refund you for that. And to think all of this could've been easily avoided had they simply canceled my order.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2022

I purchased 3 bottles of body lotion, hand sanitizer and Wallflowers from their outlet store in Dawsonville GA on Friday September 10, 2022. That same night I used the body lotion and broke out in hives all over my body. I had to seek help at the Urgent Center. I called customer service to report my concerns and was met with disbelief. The customer service rep acted as If was lying. She stated they don't have old product on the sales floor. Well, the cashier at the store where the product was returned stated the product was old. I have purchased body lotion from this company before and never had any problems, I won't be purchasing anything from this company again. Customer service wasn't any help. In fact I found her to be rude without any help.

Reviewed July 16, 2022

I placed an order on 6/23/22. I had not received my order by day 9. Called customer service to be told the package was damaged and could not be replaced because all merchandise was gone. I was told I would be emailed a coupon for 20% off and free shipping and never received that. Just called today 7/16/22 and spoke to Teresa. I had 8 items in my bag. She gave me such a runaround that by the time she was done, all but 3 of the items were gone out of my bag. She did nothing to help me but made excuses of why I can't have free shipping and 20% off as I was promised. I have been a customer for years but they do not care. Poor form and dismal customer service, if you can even call it that.

Reviewed July 12, 2022

Like so many other consumers I've been shopping with Bath and Body for many, many years! My recent online order arrived today and I was completely shocked at the sight I saw when I opened the box! The products had hardly any packaging wrap and what little there was, all of the air had deflated or was never added to the air packs! Most of my order consisted of single refill bottles which are glass and everything in the box was just thrown all over the box! So of course some of the liquid seeped out and there are oil markings around the box and my shipping receipt! I have looked at photos from other consumers' reviews and see that this seems to be Bath and Body's new standard! They've lowered their bar extensively since I had ordered online last!!!! I just wanted to relay my disappointment and say consumer beware when ordering from online at Bath and Body!

Reviewed July 11, 2022

I ordered a bunch of one wick candles from Bath & Body Works and they perform poorly. The wicks spread out and are hard to trim, the candle wax pools in a wax liquid and you can’t smell the scents while burning. I have had better results with glade candles, so I won’t be buying again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 1, 2022

I've used Bath & Body Works for many years and have purchased lots of things online. I received a gift card from my son for my birthday, so I purchased several of the foaming soaps online. My delivery came, but when I opened it I discovered that it wasn't my order! I called the 800 number and spoke to a representative who was able to place my order again. Then I was told that it was my responsibility to return the box (which was poorly packed!) to a store. I ordered online so that I didn't need to go to a store! Seriously, who has time? Very disappointed in this.

Reviewed April 8, 2022

So I shopped at Bath and Body Works and purchased $200 worth of three wick candles. Now burning these candles I’m noticing after the candle gets to about halfway of burning the wick starts to go out on their own leaving the candles burning uneven or not at all. Now if I’m spending $25 on a candle when they’re not on sale I don’t feel that that’s fair being that I’m only getting 75% use of a candle that I paid $25 for. I contacted the company about this and they told me to bring the candle in to the store and explain to them that it’s not burning evenly and they would give me a better burning candle. That’s not resolving the issue though. The issue at hand is that why are we being charged $25 for three wick candle and after the candle burns halfway only one wick of the candle is burning. Therefore it is causing me to have to waste a little more than a quarter of a candle. Not a happy customer!!

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Has anyone noticed their hands looking light orange after using marshmallow pumpkin latte lotion from Bath & Body? Because lately my right hand looks orange and I don't know if it's from the lotion or something else.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2021

All of my moisturizing body wash have mold around the flip tops. I ordered 12. When I contacted them with the order number provided in the order email, they can not find a order with that number and can not receive pictures or emails for me to prove it. So needless to say I'm out 12 bottles because who wants to take a shower with moldy products??

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

I want to share my experience with two companies, Bath and Body Works (BBW) and Lasership. I placed an online order in the early part of middle November from Bath and Body Works in order to (hopefully) beat some of the holiday shipping, especially since it’s known the mail will be grindingly slow this season. They confirmed my order and shipped the order to Lasership that day. Over 10 days passed and Lasership proclaimed they still didn’t receive the package. When I contacted Lasership they said I had to contact the seller.

I contacted BBW and they confirmed it was shipped to Lasership and they should have it. After going back and forth with this blame game and getting nowhere I contacted a rep at BBW to report my concern that I won’t get my shipment in time. She said they were having a lot of issues with Lasership and they were going to resend my order for free using 2 day shipping not using Lasership. We confirmed that all items were in-stock. She said they were and she put them on order to be shipped that day. I was told I would receive a new email with the new shipped order that night.

I didn’t receive the email but gave it some time. By noon the next day I contacted BBW customer service to see why I didn’t get a new order email. I was then informed that one item was out-of-stock so they weren’t going to ship anything until it was available… which wouldn’t be until next year. I was unhappy that I was told the item was in-stock and put in my order, but what bothers me most was I wasn’t emailed about this. Instead of letting me know and either substituting or cancelling that item and shipping the rest of the order it would’ve been left in Limbo until next year.

After talking to the other BBW customer server we decided to cancel the out-of-stock order and ship the rest of the order. I made sure we went through the rest of the order to make sure everything else was in-stock which he confirmed they were. I’d get two new emails - one for the new shipment and another for the cancelled product refund.

At the end of the day I still hadn’t received any new emails so contacted BBW again. The new rep said that the order was on hold indefinitely because now 4 out of 6 products were out-of-stock. Once again I got no email about this. I don’t understand why after an order has been placed that item is removed from inventory so it will actually be put in the order. It’s common sense people.

I asked why I wasn’t getting emails about these issues and she proclaimed I gave them the wrong email. Really? I only get emails from BBW several times a day, my email’s in my online account and I was getting order emails until the order was sucked into the Lasership black hole. She implied that me not getting the email updates was my fault until admitting they dropped the ball.

After the bad experiences and constant battles with Lasership and BBW I just canceled the whole order. I normally don’t order online with BBW but these were requested gifts that were online exclusives. I will still shop with BBW in-store but I will never EVER order from them online again and will advise everyone else not to. The poor communication, lack of transparency on out-of-stock items and just holding orders is unacceptable.

I’m also concerned about their partnership with Lasership which, after doing research, is a VERY shady company and the US government has even went after them for illegal activities and smuggling. ** There are also plenty of reports, complaints and videos online of Lasership deliverers actions including rampant damage and theft.

This is making me lose faith and trust in BBW and I question their morals in working with Lasership, who should really be shut down. I no longer trust BBW on having anything shipped and I advise people to not order from them online anymore. They lie about inventory and literally have criminals delivering their orders- if you even get them. I will just have to tell family and friends, "If it’s not available in the store you aren’t getting it." It’s sad but BBW has been going downhill for years now.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2021

My issue with Bath and Body Works is their constant discontinuing of products. This has been going on since I started shopping there many years ago. I will find a bath or skin product that I really love, and within six months to a year it will no longer be available. This has happened again recently when I went looking for a men’s bath and hair product in a particular scent and it is already discontinued. I can already predict what their answer will be if I speak to someone in customer service regarding this. I have heard it before. They claim they are constantly reviewing products and their main concern is to offer the best to their customers, blah blah blah.

Here’s an idea: stop thinking that change equals progress when it comes to your products. If a particular item is selling and earning you a profit, leave it alone. If your goal is to introduce new products or new scents, go ahead and do that. However, are you not capable of doing that and leaving your existing products available? I know it all comes down to sales, but three of the products that were taken off your shelves in the last 10 years were products that were very popular based on my conversations with other people. I am not going to be forced into purchasing products that you have deemed are best for me. Bring back your older scents and products and you may be surprised by the return of former customers.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2021

Received items today from FedEx. I was missing 1 bottle of shower gel, plus missing a lid on a mist spray. Also received a product I did not order. Poor service in the warehouse where items are pulled from.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

I have had to call Bath and Body Works online customer service on several occasions, mostly because I forgot/failed to include an item or a promo code on my order. I have spoken to the same smiling lady (agent I’d: **) several times and I’m always happy to hear her voice. She is courteous, friendly, thorough and happy to help me. She is efficient, timely and makes no mistakes. In short, Jeanette deserves a raise!!