Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works

3.5/5 (1847 ratings)

About Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath & Body Works?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath and Body Works?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I tried to buy some products 2x on the online store and I had the same problem in both cases... They informed my products were delivered but I never got them, so I called to customer service and they said they didn’t find any proof that they were delivered. They apologized and said they don’t have all of the products that I bought so they could send another one. Both cases were exactly the same!!! So they aren’t able to sell anything online! Lack of competence!!! Don’t buy online in that store!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I usually really love the three wick candles but unfortunately very disappointed with Hibiscus Waterfall. Hardly smells at all even in a tiny bathroom.. I asked the rep for a strong smelling candle and this one was disappointing..

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I love the fragrances and you can certainly get good deals on the candles, even though the prices continue to increase. However, along with raising the price, they should improve the quality as well. I have several candles that start out great but after being burned halfway, the wicks end up being too short and I have to pour out some of the wax so I can expose the wicks to keep burning them. What a waste of money!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I ordered online 2 white citrus fragrance mist. This is the only item I was looking for but the packaging of other products are pretty so I decided trying golden sunflower & twilight woods. 20 minutes after placing the order I got a notification e-mail that I won't be charge for white citrus because it’s not available. I called the customer service department right away to cancel my order but I was told she can not do it because the order is already placed. She assured me though that I can call when I get the products and they will send a label for return posting.

I clearly explained that I should not be charged for shipping because I want to cancel the order. Today, I called and it was a totally different answer I got. They will not send me return postage. I can return the products in a local store. Unfortunately, the local from I live is 3 hours away. This is really frustrating. It is their fault that they advertise products without inventory on hand. They should have asked customers if they still want to place the order if there are items that are not available. Honestly, I think they are the only store online that does not have real-time inventory tracking system.... and they survive at the expense of customers!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I placed an order in Aug 28th, 2020. The order clearly shows that it was shipped on the 28th of Aug. The tracking info shows that it delivered to the Austin TX station at 8:30AM on August 31st, 2020. IRS September 9th, 2020 and my order is still just sitting at this place. It has not moved. Did they steal the products and Bath and Body Works steal my money? This needs to be investigated by the federal government since the mailing services are involved.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I am content with the ladies in-store. They try their best and I love their products but man. The customer service department, if I could give zero stars...I would. Online purchasing for curbside pick-up without any clear directions where to go, no step by step process. I got inside the mall to pick up my online purchases and the store was completely closed but you see sales rep inside walking around. I know they could see people outside waiting for someone to notice. I mean that’s what peripheral vision is for. Got tired of waiting and finally tapped on the glass shutter. Was told to park by such and such and call this number when I’m parked so they can bring my order down. Got lost since there were no signs/postings for B&B curbside pick-up.

Called the number I was given and nobody’s answering. Called at least 5 times. By this time, I was already losing my patience. Then proceeded to... Call customer service and was told to hold and at this point it was just becoming very annoying to be placed on hold for at least 10 more mins so I decided to put it on speaker and chat with someone virtually to possibly get some luck for SOME ASSISTANCE. Anywho, virtual person said can’t help you—- call this department. Virtual guy then decides to ask about my order details after he typed in he can’t help me!!! For what???? Complete utter waste of time.

Phone rep came back on after 100 years and tells me she can’t help either and to call this number. I asked her “It took you this long to get that number?”. She gave me some excuse that she needed to get permission from her whatever. I said, “It took your virtual person 2 seconds to type that number!!”. Then boom, hung up on haha! That lady gets a badge of honor for the ultimate most unprofessional phone service rep. Classy.

At this point, I just needed to figure things out on my own and decided to try my luck with Yelp and thank you Jesus Yelp had the right number to the store. Not what the in-store associate told me to call the first time. Finally somebody answers then gave me directions again for curbside pick-up. I said, —- there are no signs for curbside pickup. Her answer? “Well the security must’ve taken them down because they don’t know we’re still doing CS p/u’s but you’ll see the numbers 1,2,3, and 4 on the ground”. By this time, I’m just whatever.

Finally got to the destination after 3 loop arounds... I mean, it was just a disaster. It just shows incompetence for some very basic level skills. Nobody knew what was going on. The last store rep I spoke with was mediocre. With this whole COVID thing, I notice business really hustle and WOW their clients. They know it’s hard. But please teach your associates proper customer service because you’re going to get disgruntled customers every now and then. And they oughta know how to do damage control while keeping their cool. They should not be in customer service if they can’t handle pressure and heat professionally. Products are good. I’m just sad that it’s not a total package. Please have some pride in how the reps carry themselves. It has a long standing potential to be in business for a very long time but with the culture that’s being exemplified, yikes! It is just. too. easy. to avoid going back.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

What a nightmare BBW was today. I tried to get a refund for the three-wick candle discount code via their Online chat, after realizing I forgot to enter the discount code at check out. Their response was - “Oh we can’t do that in this chat- you have to do that in store.” Then they canceled & took off my vampire blood candle after I already placed the order. Then I went to the Northridge location (wanted to pick another one out to replace that one). Well - they’re curbside pick up only - and then said I would need to call customer service to get the refund for the discount code... Decided to not pick up my order and just cancel it over the phone.

I talked to this person who sounded like he was 17 years old, wasn’t listening to me. Kept asking my delivery address even though it was a pick up in store. Kept saying they will credit it back once it’s been delivered (again - not listening). Told me to go in store and get a credit, asked me three times in a row - “once we cancel it I’ll start a new order for you.” I said NOOOO!!!! I just want to cancel it!!! It took 33 minutes to simply cancel one order... It was the worst experience I’ve ever had with BBW. They need to hire ADULTS that for one - actually listen to the needs of their customers and who are skilled in professionalism & customer service etiquette. I didn’t receive that today with the THREE different interactions I had with BBW. Really disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bath and Body Works has the best products and I love everything I have used, but I will never order online from them again! I spend a lot of money at this store and when COVID hit I had to order online...BIG MISTAKE! I ordered OVER $150.00 worth of merchandise on March 30, 2020 and never received it. Luckily I never delete emails from orders until I receive them! It is now Aug. 6, 2020! They no longer have the products I ordered (15 to be exact). They credited my money to a card that I no longer have rather than taking the time to ask me if I wanted to replace the product with an alternative sent and then expedite the shipping.

Now I have to ensure the money gets refunded back to an actual account and I still don't have what I wanted to begin with! Bath and Body Works only allows one promotional code online too so if you want to save 20% you still can't get free shipping. I have always hated that and that's why in-store purchases is ALL I will do from now on.

Original review: July 16, 2020

After two weeks, of not receiving my items from B&B, I called to find out what is going on. They then proceeded to let me know that my items are "lost in translation." They then offered to re-order but I would not get the original scents I had ordered. Because I did not want that option and wanted a refund, which they said they would do, I then asked to speak to a manager but, after I was holding for 10 minutes I was disconnected. Needless to say, I was not able to speak to anyone. I am very disappointed in B&B and it saddens me to say after 20+years of being a loyal customer, neither myself, my friends or family will be shopping in-store or online. BTW, I worked for B&B in the past and I never felt appreciated then either. So I guess it must be time to move on.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Price increases are too dramatic! I understand COVID-19 has impacted sales in all business but B&B prices were increasing greatly before the pandemic. Most business are now offering LOWER prices to motivate buying. B&B has done away with coupons and specials such as "buy 3 get 3" or "buy 2 get 2" Aromatherapy. The Semi-annual sale used to have special sales days, "body cream $5 each", "lotion & body wash $4 each", "wallflower refill 2-pack $5 each" and 75% off discontinued items. It is almost $8 for 1 oz. hand cream, first sold under $4 each. I can purchase an 8 oz. body cream (thicker than hand cream) at $4.80 each (buy 3, get 2 free). I counted 15 stores within a 60 mile radius from my home. I'd rather drive an extra 5 miles than pay the large & continuing price increases. Most stores with cosmetic products are now selling quality bath products and their prices are quickly becoming the “better buy”.

Original review: June 28, 2020

The worst experience ever! I will never patronize your store or website again. Made an order on 6/12. Never received called customer service multiple times. Was offered a replacement order but 2 items are no longer in stock (all candles). 5 candles were processed for re ship. Initiated a refund for 2 out of stock candles and credited for shipping. Was promised sale price for the 2 candles that were out of stock 14.50 with free shipping.

Call this morning to replace 2 candles that were out of stock at promised sale price and free shipping. I verified my amount charged to my cc as 38.00 and was charged 71.28. Really. One problem after another. Im currently on hold with my bank and requesting a charge back from all my current orders first one for 110.70 and new 71.28. So for 181.00 I have received nothing. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! NEVER AGAIN. Screw this company. Making it hard on customers already in these trying times. All for candles. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Original review: June 15, 2020

This company has the worst customer service! If a store says it’s open to 5:00 then you let people in to shop until 4:55. I drove 80 miles got there over an hour before they closed and they wouldn’t allow any more people in the line. Drove back by at 4:40, no line but they still would not allow anyone in. Very rude employees. Don’t tell us support small business when they could care less 'bout the customers.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have been charged twice for same purchase. They charge too much for their shipping and their sanitizer is over priced. I love their products but they are taking advantage. My deliveries from them usually go to the wrong address and it takes an eternity to receive your item.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I received the box of my order and two bottles of body wash and hand soap were empty because it spilled everywhere. It’s so disappointing! Is it possible that I can get my money back or they can replace those two empty bottles for each. I wanna get What I paid for.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I placed an order over 2 weeks ago and my order still hasn't shipped. I called customer service to cancel my order only to be told that is not possible. They said I can return the items when I receive it. What is the point of that? It will cost ME money to return the items when I receive it and I only wanted to cancel because they were taking too long to get my order shipped. Very, very, very shady. Now I wonder if I will even get the items I ordered after reading other reviews about missing items. They have lost a consumer forever. Do NOT order anything online from Bath and Body Works unless you want to wait like two months to get your stuff!!

Original review: May 7, 2020

I used to order from Bath and Body regularly. I noticed a decline in shipping and delivery. Given the current situation I had to take a chance and order online for refills. Sadly, my order was processed and I was charged in full. My order was very very delayed in being processed, an item I ordered wasn't even available but yet no replacement was offered and in the end the package never arrived. I tried to get a refund but all I got was lies and poor customer service excuses. I am out my full payment! I will absolutely not purchase from Bath and Body ever again.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I would like to inform the company if they put advertising on the website they have to be honest with customer since the customer looking to buy your brand that's mean he like your product but if you use fake and your customer not get the service he will never buy again and your website mirror for your company. If you put 7 days for delivery that's mean this is your maximum put. I apologize to tell you you have a bad customer service around the world and no customer service agent assist the customer.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I understand that things are slower these days b/c of Covid. But it's been a week, and they haven't even started to process my order. Fine - maybe they are shortstaffed. But they won't let me cancel my order - even though it hasn't been processed. Plain old bad business!

Original review: April 17, 2020

I had ordered online since they had an online only deal going on & I couldn't go out due to COVID-19, the deal was for buy 3 get 3 free, so I picked out 3 that I like, plus one for my mother, sister and my brother's gf few relatives. Yet 3 WEEKS (almost 4) later I received an email letting me know that one of the products I got free with the deal was not available, even though it was when I ordered it, not only that but it was apparently very plentiful and not running out soon. So I asked if I could pick one for free to replace it, since I didn't intend on buying 3 to begin with but figured if I'd be receiving a good deal it'd be worth it. BOY WAS I WRONG!

After I emailed them and talked with customer service like I was told they told me I'd just have to pay full price for all 5 and to expect a refund for the one that was canceled, (which I got but obviously that's a refund of $0.00). I asked them if I could cancel and just buy the one I wanted when I got on the sight, they said I couldn't even though it wasn't shipped yet (I'll let you know now I paid extra for fast shipping and it's been 5 weeks).

Overall they were rude (which is why I don't feel bad acting like a Karen now) and unhelpful, just save the money and buy the stuff in store if you have to or order a similar item on Amazon cause they aren't capable of being trusted to pick something up off the shelves. I'd rather my money go to the paycheck of a nice & hardworking retail kid anyway. I'm sure when or if I ever do get my products they'll be just as good quality as the stuff in stores anyway, can't wait to get my stuff before I post this review though cause I might never get the opportunity lol.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I will say I have been a long-term customer of Bath and Body. I've always loved their products. Always smells good. They always have the best sales especially around Black Friday and Christmas and their summer sales. Just the end of last year me and my mom and my two daughters we came in there and we spent like want to say $2,000 in Bath and Body. All the workers were shots. We was leaving out the store with all our bags and you know I guess they was so shocked because they never really experienced no one coming and spend that much money in one trip they actually took a picture of our receipt. Our receipt was so long, but right now I must admit I'm pretty disappointed during this pandemic with the nation.

Being in such a huge crisis you have so many businesses that just offering you know free shipping or you have companies does giving away free internet and it's a lot of businesses that is assisting trying to help the community, even neighbors just helping each other. And I come on Bath and Body and trying to order something through the mail 'cause we can't go in person and to see that they can't even offer free shipping to help out during his pandemic and the sales that they got on there kind of suck. Like you would think during this time at a time like this they would have the best sales. This is when it really matters when people have lost their job and don't have a lot of money. People can't go out and buy the things in person so they got to order online. If your sales not going to be that great you can at least offer free shipping. Oh my gosh I'm highly disappointed at Bath and Body and honestly this definitely will have me rethink my loyalty as a customer.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Got laid off due to Covid and although my order was placed but not processed, they wouldn't allow me to cancel. I told them due to me being laid off after I placed my order, my budget was right and I couldn't afford it. Brent said the store's policy was no canceling allowed under ANY circumstances. Their greed is more important than their customers' well being! Won't waste another dime there!

Original review: April 2, 2020

Due to the shortage of soaps because of Covid-19, I decided to order from Bath & Body Works. I also purchased an Easter 3 wick candle for the upcoming holiday so I can make the day special for my children. I don’t want them to feel like this virus is robbing them of their childhood holiday. I’m trying to do my part by staying inside and allowing those that are still working to make a living by ordering and having it shipped to my home. I understand that a lot of businesses have closed but bath & body works has sent emails saying that they are still there to help us online.

My concern is that they are still helping so long as they are getting paid but they left no options for those of us that get ruined packages because they have no one dealing with complaints. I have sent several emails and tried calling for several days now with no means to a resolution. It is not right! If you’re capable of sending out orders you should also be taking care of the issues that are gonna arise when you cannot guarantee items will get delivered unscathed. My item was so badly broken I ended up getting glass stuck in my hand and between my fingers.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I ordered online because of COVID-19, stores are closed in Canada. When I went to pay it showed the amount in US funds not CDN. If I had know it was US funds I wouldn't have ordered online. It would have been nice to know what the final bill would be in Canadian funds before I paid. It was $30 more when converted to US funds. Believe me I would not have completed the order if I knew how much the final total would be. Also the only option for shipping was $10!! I love the products but not enough to order online and pay sooo much more.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I've been a customer of Bath & Body since they opened their doors and thank goodness I have at least a dozen hand soaps on hand. Also, had about a dozen hand sanitizers but that has quickly diminished with this Coronavirus. I keep going back online to see when they're going to be in stock and I was very very disappointed to see that since the coronavirus has sprung that Bath & Body is deciding to take advantage and has more than doubled the price of their hand soaps. They're stating it's a SALE to buy for 4/$20 when just two months ago they were 2 for $5. In fact my December order was 2 for $5 and my October order was 2 for $5.

Everybody beware. I bet you any money they're going to increase the price when they get their hand sanitizers back on the shelves. Why doesn't the government do something about this. This would be considered price GOUGING if it was a medicine or gasoline but because it's a hand soap or hand sanitizer I guess a 108% increase is okay and they'll get away with it. How sad how very sad while people are opening their doors to the homeless feeding Neighbors, etc. Bath & Body can get richer during a World Pandemic.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I moved into my freshly painted apartment two months ago. One week ago I moved my wallflower scent plugin under my kitchen cabinet and noticed a 4 inch by 1 foot area of melted paint over the plugin. I checked the packaging in an unopened plugin as I haven't used one under the cabinet previously. I know the oil can destroy surfaces it is spilled on but wouldn't think this would happen. I did find a 'tip' on the website after searching general q&a and expanding to MORE questions that you should keep 12 inches of space if under a cabinet. Well 12 inches between the outlet and the bottom of a cabinet isn't common. This should be on the packaging. Not happy.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Bath and Body Works has good quality products and their policy of taking back anything in an effort makes them stand out in the customer service experience. It doesn't matter if you have used it or burned it (as in a candle), you can take it back if you don't like it!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Love the products. I really miss some of the retired scents which is the only reason I rated 4 of 5 on some aspects. If popular scents did not get retired and difficult to impossible to get, everything would be 5 of 5. Love this store!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I truly enjoy Bath and Body products, but when they have a sale they are always out of the "popular" scents, and their shipping is painfully slow. I use the plug in air freshners, body creams and lotions. I ordered a variety of body creams and lotions for Christmas gifts, but even ordering on December 16th, they did not arrive in time for the 25th. Other items I ordered from a variety of other stores on the 18th of December arrived before the Bath and Body items did, so when I looked into the tracking, they waited 4 business days before even getting them to the shipping company. I will continue to purchase from them, but not for any gifts that I need by a certain date.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I love to try the new scents when they arrive. Their merchandise is great for gifts for women or men. Makes shopping for Christmas and birthdays easy. Easy. Have some retired and seasonal favorites. Really love to get a good deals during sales and promotions. Definitely load up during the semi-annual sales.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I love walking into their stores. You are immediately welcomed and it always smells so wonderful. The candles smell so so good, right up to the end. Where other candles seem so lose their scent these candles continuing to put out a pleasant scent. I can’t say anything bad about any of their products. I love them all.

Bath & Body Works Company Information