Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.70/5

Experian Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This is truly ridiculous! You can’t talk to a human. The prompts take you in circles over and over. The prompts never ask do you want to talk to a human. I got an alert from MYIDCARE showing there was an address used for me. That I have no idea where this address is. They added it as my new address. HOW? Who gives you the right to change my address? These companies control our credit. Don’t verify any information. Add accounts that you have no knowledge of and then don’t have a legit number to call and talk to a human to address it. Something needs to change and I’m writing Congress on this issues. This isn’t right and it shouldn’t be allowed for a company that we look to, to give our credit history out.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I authorize Experian to get all 3 credit reports one time only. After reading some of the reviews I decided to check my bank account. I found out Experian was charging me a monthly fee, which I did not ask for are agree to. I just can't believe 1. that they would do that. But I really can't believe they are allowed to be in business. That mortgages, car loans etc, use them to check you're credit score. They can hurt your credit at a whim. I mean if they're stealing money like this who knows what else they are doing. And it's people like me that don't have a lot of money and or trying to work on my credit. They take advantage of us. I mean REALLY Experian!! No one there has a conscience?

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Little to no customer service. Extremely irritating try to reach a live agent. What could been a quick cancellation turned into an hour of calling and trying to get through the prompt. I was charged a membership fee which I didn’t authorize and wanted a refund. First agent told me refunds are against policy. After reading through the policy that was lie. Next agent tried to tell me the same thing but quickly shut her down. She then proceeded to give me “one time only” refund. What a headache.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have Credit Karma & love it. I thought I would try Experian to boost my credit & I hate it. Everything with Experian is wrong my score is very low. I pay everything on time, my score is high on Credit Karma & it’s correct. I tried to tell Experian that I just paid off my credit card thinking my score would go up... Wrong. It dropped like a hot potato? Credit Karma my score jumped up... I don’t understand. I’m trying now to close my Experian. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I puts freeze on my account. Now I want to unfreeze. I tried the phone, website, no luck. In order to unfreeze I have to send all kind if documentation. One of if which is a utility bill. However, I am trying to turn on a utility and as such I have NO UTILITY bill. It is maddening. You cannot get through to a human. On top of this we are in Thailand until we close on our new home. This is insane.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I just noticed that Experian has been siphoning money from my checking account WITHOUT my authorization! Apparently, ever since I got my FREE credit report from Annualcreditreport.com, they've CHARGED ME three times as a "recurring monthly debit". I DID NOT AND STILL DO NOT WANT THEIR UNTRUSTWORTHY SERVICES - especially after THEY leaked MY "secure" info to the world.

So when I noticed these charges, I signed into My Experian account, went to "contact us", and selected "Refunds" from the drop-down menu as the reason for contacting them. Then I selected "CHAT" and described my issue. Well GUESS WHAT. Conveniently, a message popped up that stated something to the fact that "All reps are currently helping other customers - please try back later" (and I took a screenshot of it). WHAT A JOKE! I'd bet a million dollars that had I selected "new customer" (or similar), a rep would've been helping me immediately!

I refuse to WASTE my TIME trying to contact an UNTRUSTWORTHY GREEDY CORPORATION who is only going to give me the RUNAROUND. I'm a busy woman, I've got health issues, etc and I can't believe their LEAR JETS are more important than MY need to pay BASIC BILLS (I'm on SSD, which they're stealing). Experian, if you're reading this, I demand you refund my money that you so sneakingly stole/are stealing. I expect to be refunded a minimum of $69.81.

Refs:

10/18/2019 RECURRING DEBIT CARD ** Experian Credit Repor ** CA $23.27
09/18/2019 RECURRING DEBIT CARD ** Experian Credit Repor ** CA $23.27

08/19/2019 RECURRING DEBIT CARD ** Experian Credit Repor ** CA $23.27

After all, YOU were/are supposed to be reimbursing ME for your data breach. I am HIGHLY UPSET about this!!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Experian is in non-compliance with the fair credit reporting act by reporting fraudulent accounts that I have already sent in a police report about numerous times, and also have sent in a FTC affidavit report stating that my information was compromised and need the following accounts removed because they were due to identity theft. Not only has Experian been non compliant with my request and the FCRA! They also have broke another rule of not verifying each account, and showing documentation for 100% proof of complete authentication, verifiable proof!

Brian Cassin Chief Executive Officer of Experian LLC, and Craig Boundy CEO of Experian LLC will not continue to break these laws and get away with running over people like me who served this country proud! I am a proud veteran and have no problem pursuing this case in small claims court, and also joining a class action lawsuit against Experian! I have already opted out of the arbitration agreement Experian had me locked into!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had to contact Experian to inquire about a fraud alert that has been put on my credit report. After hours of trying to get to them through the phone, they finally told me to upload a proof of address and identity for them to edit the alert. But their stupid website doesn't work! For one, their website only accepts black and white images! I tried every possible trick (saving in black and white mode, saving in grey mode, copying and scanning) but their website tells me that my files have colors in them! I cannot understand why these morons are trusted with people's data, while they cannot even manage an elementary-level website.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

They need be reported to the Federal Reserve Board. The Better Business Bureau They have no good reviews. Most important their credit score doesn't mean ** WHEN APPLYING FOR A LOAN. NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE HELL THEY ARE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

My experience with Experian always ended in delirium IF you get a human on the phone. Their lights are on but no one's home. Their phone-maze words will make you cry, they say (not sorry) but "Goodbye"!... They'll FREEZE your credit for no charge with Custom Servers from Mom LaFarge. Experian websites just as horrible, like Hillary Clinton's old Deplorables. As Bill the Clint, once set the scale, "I didn't have ** and didn't inhale!" --Experian Expired & I retired.

Experian expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Experian is a leading global information services company providing data and analytical tools to clients worldwide. The firm helps businesses manage credit risk, prevent fraud and more. The company assists individuals against identity theft. The company offers an abundance of services for individuals and businesses. They have over 17,000 employees in 80 countries.

• Low cost: Experian charge customers $1 to receive an Experian report and a FICO credit score along with a seven-day trial period. If consumers don’t cancel within the seven day trial period, they will be billed the monthly fee of $21.95 for each month they remain in the program.

• Experian Credit Tracker: This product features an Experian credit report, FICO ® score, credit monitoring with alerts and a dedicated fraud resolution team.

• Experian ProtectMyID: This product offers an Experian credit report, daily ID internet scanning, 3-bureau credit monitoring with alerts and a dedicated fraud resolution support team.

• Experian Credit Report & FICO Score: This offering features an Experian credit report and FICO score.

• 3-Bureau Credit Report & FICO Scores: This product gives the consumer a credit report and FICO score from each of the three credit bureaus.

• Additional services: If a consumer is denied credit, Experian can help him or her obtain a credit report. Experian also assists with online credit report disputes.

• Business services: Experian offers a suite of services to assist both small and large firms with their credit and security concerns.

• Best for: Victims of identity theft, those with debt and credit issues along with consumers considering a major financial purchase.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg