2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.44/5

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Experian Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

At a point in time I was at my low moment. I had a really low score and I could not get a loan to support my falling business. I was able to remove my inquiries as I got help. You can also boost your score. I reached Darkcracker at protonmail, dude is good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have been doing business with this brand for at least eight (8) years. I am completely satisfied and feel they are a trustworthy company. They offer all items that I require and they are much better priced than most others. I will continue doing business with them as long as they maintain their integrity and great pricing.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Experian IdentityWorks offers you with a wide variety of features when it comes to identity theft protection. They offers you with credit monitoring, Dark Web Surveillance, identity theft surveillance and alerts, social security number monitoring, the 3 bureaus monitoring, changes of address, FICO scores, even with the sex offender registry, lots of benefits other companies doesn’t have. They brings you information from the 3 bureau’s plus unique benefits like the ability to lock and unlock your Experian credit file with their Experian CreditLock feature and information about your FICO Score, two very important things that the competition doesn’t offer, reason I’m their customer.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I recently decided to place a freeze on my credit with the three top reporting agencies: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. Equifax and TransUnion were very easy processes and I could perform online within minutes. Experian has a form and after having filled it out properly with all the same information entered for the other reporting agencies, I was denied a freeze on my credit and instructed to send the request in writing with several items of proof.

I called their phone # to just get it done over the phone and once you get through the lengthy phone tree, you are directed to send the request in writing with the documentation. I then signed into my Experian account since that way I'm an authenticated user and there is no option for placing a freeze. I do however see they have a service called a credit lock for a fee and I truly believe this difficult process to put a freeze on credit is "by design" so customers will purchase their lock option which I'm sure will be activated immediately and not require mailed in documentation. - Very very very poor customer experience!!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I hadn't finished signing up for the boost feature when I looked at my bank statement and saw Experian charged me $24.95! For what? Why has Experian charged me $24.95? I hope they contact me from here, because I called that customer service number and can't get thru to an actual person to find out why they charged me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

On Saturday, February 1, 2020 I received an email from Experian "informing" me that my FICO credit score had suddenly gone down by 25 points - from 844 to 819. I looked at every indicator on their website and there was no explanation for the decrease. In fact, every indicator listed there: my credit card, auto loan, mortgage and delinquency histories all showed as "Exceptional". When I tried the "Contact Us" numbers shown on the Experian website, every one of them took me to an automated response unit - I was unable to get to a human being via the Experian website.

I then Googled "How to get to a human being at Experian" and it gave me a North Carolina telephone number. I called that number and was transferred by the operator to a customer service representative who subsequently transferred me to her supervisor. Both these representatives are based in Costa Rica, not the USA. Neither would divulge to me why my credit score had gone down, and instead offered me a "free" way to increase my score via Experian's new "Boost" product, which requires you to submit your bank account and routing numbers in order to potentially achieve a credit score increase.

Being unwilling to divulge my bank account information to the Experian website, I was told that there was nothing they could do to help me and suggested that I find a credit advisor.Experian is a for-profit company that has quite obviously adopted disingenuous, predatory and unethical practices to alarm their clients in order to extract more money for additional membership services. I will no longer be a member of Experian and advise extreme caution when dealing with this Ireland-based corporation.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I don't know how or when or why but Experian started billing me and my husband $19.99 a month. I called to cancel. A slow talking sales woman had have a discussion as to why I wanted to cancel and then had to read to me about all the products Experian would now give me for free. This was a 20 minute process. Ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

What is up with the fluctuation of the FICO score almost daily when there has been NO activity? This is really annoying and very disheartening when you are attempting repair. Customer service is of no use as their standard reply has been "things change". WTH??? Not on my end... no new inquiries, no new purchases; in fact payments made both balance and percent of credit usage lower as did my FICO score!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Someone tried to open a credit card accounts using my social security # in March 2018 and October 2018 with Chase Bank. I didn’t find out about both attempts until getting a credit alert in Oct. 2018 after signings up summer 2018. Upon contacting Chase, they agreed these were fraudulent attempts as the individual was not able to pass the credit identity verification questionnaire to move forward with the credit application. Chase requested that the inquires be masked from my credit report by Experian but when I check in late Nov 2019, the inquires were still there. I contacted Chase again.

This time Chase sent me a letter (dated Dec 22, 2019) that states they again requested those two inquiries be masked from my report yet as of today Jan 28, 2020, they are still on my credit report. Sure, one inquiry will soon fall off in March and the other this October, and hard inquiries don’t weigh heavily regarding credit applications, but that’s not the point. They are fraudulent inquires! What if it was a more serious credit error or if the culprit had actually opened the credit card? Would I still have to deal with such incompetence by Experian to resolve more serious disputes?

Honestly, these inquires never should have been reported by Chase Bank given they couldn’t get pass the credit questionnaire to verify identity, but that’s another story/issue all together. Anyway, I’ve tried to reach out to Experian but all three toll-free numbers just send callers into a loop with no real option to speak to anyone before hanging up. I’ll be filing a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Affairs until Experian removes these fraudulent inquiries!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I am not a consumer that would automatically file a complaint or write a bad review unless I have really experienced a difficult time. I would like to recommend that Experian should modify or revise their automated phone prompts. I was simply making an attempt to inquire why a freeze was on my account. After going back and forth because to be sure I did not hit the wrong # for what I was inquiring about, I was only given 2 options. #1. If you have a security or fraudulent question press #1, Press #2 if you have a question about a freeze on your account. I hit #2 and what happened, the system automatically froze my account, it didn't give me any options to ask if I had a freeze, if I wanted to unfreeze my account or if there was a freeze, it automatically froze my account.

Now I have a freeze on my account that Experian placed on there automatically, then the automated service say if you want to make adjustment to your credit because of a freeze you can do it with your pin number. Just go to the website. Wait a minute. I don't have a pin, if you can't remember your pin, you have to wait 10 days for a pin to come in the mail. This is a total disservice to have prompts put the automatic service freeze your account without you asking just by pressing a number that is suppose to give you options. So this is to anyone calling concerning a freeze please do not hit the #2 because your account will automatically become frozen, instead of dialing the listed number for Experian, please locate the number to speak with a live operator. There is a difference. After speaking with a live operator, that will confirm that you now have to wait for 10 days to get a pin #. Not due to my mistake but an error from Experian.

Not sure about Experian?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Credit Report Sites for you.

Experian expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Experian is a leading global information services company providing data and analytical tools to clients worldwide. The firm helps businesses manage credit risk, prevent fraud and more. The company assists individuals against identity theft. The company offers an abundance of services for individuals and businesses. They have over 17,000 employees in 80 countries.

• Low cost: Experian charge customers $1 to receive an Experian report and a FICO credit score along with a seven-day trial period. If consumers don’t cancel within the seven day trial period, they will be billed the monthly fee of $21.95 for each month they remain in the program.

• Experian Credit Tracker: This product features an Experian credit report, FICO ® score, credit monitoring with alerts and a dedicated fraud resolution team.

• Experian ProtectMyID: This product offers an Experian credit report, daily ID internet scanning, 3-bureau credit monitoring with alerts and a dedicated fraud resolution support team.

• Experian Credit Report & FICO Score: This offering features an Experian credit report and FICO score.

• 3-Bureau Credit Report & FICO Scores: This product gives the consumer a credit report and FICO score from each of the three credit bureaus.

• Additional services: If a consumer is denied credit, Experian can help him or her obtain a credit report. Experian also assists with online credit report disputes.

• Business services: Experian offers a suite of services to assist both small and large firms with their credit and security concerns.

• Best for: Victims of identity theft, those with debt and credit issues along with consumers considering a major financial purchase.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor