2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Credit Sesame offers free credit monitoring services on its website and mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android. No credit card is required, and it does not impact your credit score. Members receive a free credit check and credit score update every month from the TransUnion credit reporting bureau.

BOTTOM LINE

Credit Sesame offers a lot of tools and credit information for free. It has three premium membership plans for information from all three credit reporting bureaus. The free plan only includes a TransUnion credit report.

PROS
  • Premium plans available
  • No credit card required
  • Free monthly credit score
  • Mobile app
CONS
  • Add-ons require monthly subscription
  • Only TransUnion credit score is free

Top Credit Sesame Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

I have used Credit Sesame for 3+ years and find it to be a great resource for viewing, tracking and improving my credit. Website is easy to use. Viewing my credit score improving after each of the suggested tasks really makes it exciting to use and visit the website once a week to get everything on

Credit Sesame Learn More

What is Credit Sesame?

Credit Sesame gives you a snapshot of your financial health by analyzing information in your credit report. You can see what’s impacting your score and receive tips on how to improve it. Credit Sesame also gives personalized recommendations on how to save money on car loans, student loans, credit cards and mortgages.

To sign up for a Credit Sesame membership, you must provide your:

• Email address
  • Full legal name
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Last four digits of your Social Security number

Credit Sesame offers four membership plans: Free, Advanced Credit, Pro Credit and Platinum Protection. All plans include a personalized credit report card that analyzes your credit history and tells you what’s affecting your score and how you can improve it. The company also provides savings recommendations for loans, credit cards and home mortgages by comparing offers and finding the best interest rates.

Membership plans also include a tracking tool for homeowners that provides updates on your home’s estimated value and the amount of equity you have in your home.

Credit Sesame banking services

In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame also offers free digital banking, which includes a no-fee bank account and a debit card. With Sesame Cash rewards, members earn cash rewards when their credit score increases.

Sesame Cash doesn’t have monthly service fees, a minimum balance requirement or foreign transaction fees. Members can withdraw cash for free at more than 55,000 ATMs worldwide.

Members get their paycheck up to two days early, with no fees or interest, when they connect their payroll to their Sesame Cash bank account.

Credit Sesame cost

A basic Credit Sesame membership is free and does not require a credit card. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring.

If you want more frequent score updates or your credit scores from all three credit bureaus, you can upgrade your membership to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month. You can pay each month or receive a discount by paying for the year in full. Prices for premium plans are below.

PlanMonthly cost
Basic$0
Advanced Credit$9.95
Pro Credit$15.95
Platinum Protection$19.95

Credit Sesame FAQ

Is Credit Sesame safe?
Yes. Credit Sesame uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and 128-bit encryption to protect data. The company also monitors its networks 24/7 and uses firewalls. These are the same security measures banks and the government uses to protect information.
Is Credit Sesame free?
Yes, basic membership is free. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring. You have the option to upgrade to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month to receive monthly credit score updates from all three credit bureaus — TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax — and other features, such as daily credit score updates from TransUnion and monthly full credit reports from all three bureaus.
How often does Credit Sesame update your credit score?
With a free membership, Credit Sesame updates your TransUnion VantageScore 3.0 credit score every month. With a premium plan, it updates your TransUnion credit score daily and your credit scores from other credit bureaus monthly.
How is Credit Sesame different from credit repair services?
Credit Sesame provides you with the tools and information you need to improve your credit so you can then go make those changes yourself. With a credit repair service, you work with someone one-on-one to improve your credit.

Is Credit Sesame legit?

Anyone can benefit from being a Credit Sesame member. Credit Sesame provides tons of free financial tools and reports to help members better understand their financial health and how to improve it. Using Credit Sesame is safe — it doesn’t hurt your credit score and does not require a credit card for its free membership option. Credit Sesame can help you save money on your credit card debt or loans by finding offers with lower interests.

Credit Sesame Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: July 6, 2020

When I began working with Credit Sesame, my FICO score was very low. I began following their recommendations, and I now have an A! As a single mom with 2 boys and no child support, alimony, nothing, I made my way through life with my sons. It was years and years of living paycheck to paycheck. I never thought I would climb out of the mess made by not having money to ensure bills were paid on time, or even paid. As time went by, I became ill and didn't have good insurance. I was left with medical debt that killed any chance of raising my credit score, but I did it with the help of Credit Sesame. Just grateful.

Get buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I was using Credit Karma to try to rebuild my credit and had little success. Then, I heard about Credit Sesame. In the time I've been using Credit Sesame, which has been roughly a year or so, I've been able to restore my credit from Poor to Excellent by following the advice provided based on the information they pulled for nothing at all. Credit Sesame is definitely knowledgeable as to the formula to determining credit scores, which is accurate to a T! Thanks Credit Sesame!!!

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review our service! We are extremely happy to hear that we could help and hope to be able to continue to provide the services that you need.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Hi... Overall good experience. Not sure why but I paid all my credit card balances off about 1 month ago, You have me still owing $9000.00+ as a total balance when it is actually $0.00 balance. I owe no credit card money.. I paid them all off. Not sure how they update that, 1 bank did. The others have not according to your website information...they are not paid off...so once that is corrected and recorded my credit score should increase and the credit card grades should also increase/improve. Can you look into this and let me know? Thank you...Brian.

Original review: May 6, 2020

My experience has been great. I get a periodic report of my credit score. No charge!! I am offered options to help correct and increase my score. The site is easy to understand and maneuver. Great Consumer product!! I would recommend this site to anyone who is interested in keeping track of their credit history monthly or daily, or just anytime. You will find the service great.

Credit Sesame response

Thanks Zella! We are very happy to hear that the product is working well for you. And thanks for being a member. Please take good care and stay safe.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I am so grateful. I finally found a credit report to really let me see where I am SUPPOSE TO BE!!! Below 30% and the amount I need to decrease my account. I've referred all my family and friends to take a deep look into their credit. THAT'S WHAT SESAME CREDIT IS!! A LOOK INSIDE MY PERSONAL CREDIT!!! I'VE EVER SO GRATEFUL... THANK YOU. I'M ON A MISSION NOW!!!

Credit Sesame response

Hi Cynthia. Thank you so much! We are thrilled that the product is working for you. Please take great care and stay healthy. We wish you the best!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Omar was very helpful with the original assessment and extremely helpful finding a plan that will help me get my credit back on track while fitting into my budget. I’m looking forward to working with Credit Sesame. They are already off to a great start with me.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I transferred 3.000$ into my recently opened Sesame Cash account on Wednesday. Today, Thursday, I receive an email alerting me that the account is frozen, and they require a Selfie with identification to ''Secure'''' my account. Highly unprofessional behavior, I recommend anyone considering Sesame Cash to find an alternative banking solution that values your business. If you prioritize being able to spend YOUR money, stay away.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I can watch my credit score for free and it has increased! I am operating at the suggested level recommended as well. I am going to the other credit bureaus to add other payment histories I have that are in excellent standing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Good report helps me to decide on getting information to make a purchase or credit card offer, and about auto update. This report was about the update information on my 2013 Sonata, and the Blue Book, and Kelley on value for trade-in value, and possible downpayment, and amount that I could use for downpayment for a new car trade-in.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Thank you Credit Sesame for being precise and helping me be up to date with my credit. It nice to log in and know I am going to be provided with useful information. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Credit Sesame Company Information