It's that easy Request Information
4.49/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

250 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 1, 2019

I have recommended this monitoring service to many friends and probably 30+ have downloaded. For a new user however it can be a bit confusing between advertised options and the actual portal's tips for improving credit. Example: someone opens the page and sees 4 credit cards to get, they click on the top one and secure it to improve their credit thinking it's a genuine recommendation; sometime it is not. The option did not fall in line with tips but just a splash page for Credit Sesame to generate revenue. (No issues here, I understand how the cookie crumbles and you have overhead hence the free service) Maybe spend a little more time integrating the platform with adverts with actual tips for the layman and it may be prosperous. Other than that it is a great tool for the INTERMEDIATE user. Kindest regards, Gene.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Credit Sesame has been extremely helpful in moving my credit in a positive direction. It has provided tips and benefits to improving my score, how to go about managing my credit, what factors are in play and moving my credit in an upward direction. I feel like I made the principal's list at school because all my scores are A's and B's now. It is exciting to log in and see my information all on one site and to know what steps I need to take next to keep moving forward. I am so thankful for this site!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I tried this to enter in the Newspaper interview but something failed and I lost the page. Credit Sesame has given me a confident sense of control over my credit. As I see the actions and activity that impact my credit change my standing, it helps me make better decisions on my finances. Having this tool has helped me reduce my debt, increase my score and gave me the initiative to make a plan to meet goals I may not have otherwise done without having this as a path to guide me. Working with mortgage customers looking to improve their ability to borrow, I have many times steered them to Credit Sesame with my own personal experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Although my FICO already is >800, an article "How to Increase Your Credit Score to 800 and Above" by Lyn ** referred to Credit Sesame as a free source of information about the Vantage Score. The site is quite detailed and specific to my facts, so I learned that my only non-A rating is for Credit Mix. Since I paid cash for my last car, at the age of 73 I may have to take out a student loan; or, just be satisfied with my current >800 Vantage Score.

It helps my Age of Credit History that my Oldest Open Account is 31 years, but the one thing I learned when I first signed up for electronic banking is to use the auto-pay feature to make payments on time. I have not written a paper check in a decade and I average about one USPS money order a year. I had some idea of what goes into a credit score, but Credit Sesame explains it in great detail. For example, I realized I could lower my reported Credit Usage by making an extra mid-month pre-payment to a heavily used credit card, which seems to have increased my score by 10 points.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I signed up with CreditSesame.com after my credit took a nose dive due to my divorce. I needed some way to work on my credit and be able to see exactly what was going on. Enter Credit Sesame, the best tool I have ever seen for improving your credit score and tracking it. Credit Sesame allowed me to get organized. First I reviewed ALL of my financial information so I could gain an understanding of how I got to where I was. Then, I made changes to my behaviors, credit card choices, and payments which slowly improved my credit score nearly 200 points. I would recommend Credit Sesame to anyone who is serious about getting a handle on their credit score. It's so important and you must give your score TLC at all times! Proceed with no fear!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: May 20, 2019

Getting around was so easy, had no problem finding what I came into Credit Sesame to find, liked the recommendations that you suggest and will be looking into finding what else will help raise my score. Thank you for helping me feel better for the score I received.

Original review: May 17, 2019

New to me. I am not intending on doing anything in particular but I do like your website. It describes other factors that are not included in other credit bureaus such as ways to improve your score and generate a secure method of improving your credit.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am trying to rebuild my credit and this service is great! Love the easy to understand information. Exceptional offers that can be applied for right thru the website which is very convenient. I look forward to being able to purchase my new home in the next year.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Credit Sesame is the best tool ever. This tool keeps me motivated to do better in building my credit. I love the tips that they give me in order to improve my credit profile. I also love the fact that they tell me why my score might have decreased. It's the best thing ever. I love it.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This service is very beneficial for the average consumer/layperson who has no clue or idea about finances. The service provide easy and comprehensive steps that are relevance to all, also assist individuals in maintaining and keeping on track with their financial wellness, by providing guidance, and easy to follow steps to improve their financial wellness love it.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I recently signed into Credit Sesame to secure information on my Credit Score. I was impressed by their format and the fact that they also made recommendations to improve my score. I applied one of their recommended credit cards. They gave me very good odds. I was approved for credit in less than 10 mins. Thanks Credit Sesame!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I love your website to keep up with my credit score, my debt but monitoring and be able to see how much I owe on my credit card debt. Also love that I can see which credit cards I qualify for.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was satisfied with my experience with Credit Sesame on this visit to check my credit score and offers. Although I didn't apply for any cards today, I know what my options are as far as credit cards are concerned today.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have nothing but good things to say about this service. They have excellent communication methods along with regular follow up emails. They also give valuable information and recommended requirements to help build my credit score. I would definitely recommend this service to my family and friends.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have been enjoying the experience of using Credit Sesame because this software constantly reminds me of good advice and tips on improving my finances and credit scores. Two of the Three credit card accounts I actually use I first found out about through Credit Sesame.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Thanks so much for your great service, it's amazing that such excellent assistance and help is for free. I always look forward to your alerts and awesome suggestions. I highly recommend Credit Sesame for those who require financial advise and help. Thanks again.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I applied for a credit card and everything went quickly and easily and I was approved. I needed more credit to bring my points up so I can qualify for a mortgage to purchase a home. I can now start looking for our new home. Thank You Credit Sesame.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I love Credit Sesame and suggest everyone to use it! The site and app are easy to use. I also like that they give us tips to help build credit. All around Credit Sesame is a great tool to use when dealing with credit!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Without Credit Sesame I would have never known my email was on the dark web. Thank You. This gave me a chance to get ahead of a bad circumstance and make the changes I needed before things took a bad turn. Again, I say thank you, great services.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I was very happy with how fast and easy it was to check my credit. I would recommend friends, and family members to this site. I had no problems with this site at all. Thank you so much for my credit score.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Credit Sesame has giving me credit ease. The ability to review my credit rating at anytime without having to contact/pay from the 3 major credit bureaus. The ability to scan my loans and credit cards gives me peace of mind and a security I haven't had before. Thank you for your services. Sandra.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I thought the site was great. I wanted to learn how to improve my credit score by doing the follow things on your websites, Question to make life better living but the site was great. A plus. I like the things you can chose from on the site and the links to look them up to help improve my score.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I found that Credit Sesame is easy to use and it helps educate on credit scoring. For a software that is easy to use and is free to the consumer but I am aware that the credit card advertisers probably get some business out of it.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Seriously- I think in one day it tried to get me to open a new credit card three separate times. They must get some serious kickbacks from the credit card companies for people that apply through their app. I don't want to entirely take away from the app- they do have some good suggestions and in my case, decreasing my Debt to income is one factor that really raised my score. However, I did it through paying things off instead of opening new cards. Either option will help me achieve my same results but my way keeps my average open credit line high, doesn't result in an inquiry and doesn't give me cards I don't need. I understand everyone isn't able to do this, but educating consumers about credit profiles and having them make smart choices should be the focus of the app.

Based on how much they pushed CC, I stopped using it within 3 months. If you're looking to get a new CC, it does a FANTASTIC job of showing you offering and your approval odds and allows you to compare what you may qualify for. If you really want to learn what impacts your credit and be given options for raising your score along with education, this may not be the option for you.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Great website. I am really enjoying Credit Sesame. I signed up my mom today. It is helping to work on my credit, I can see the flaws that I have to fix, it really is working great for me. Definitely will recommend to more people.

Original review: April 6, 2019

To be able to check your credit score as often as you wish without affecting your score is truly amazing. The tips on how to increase your score, reasons why score increased or decreased, % placed on debt, credit inquiries, types of debt, avg length of accounts, etc is a huge help. If you apply the FREE advance I guaranteed to you can increase your credit score. Credit Sesame's advice and direction has increased my credit score monthly for the past 2 years.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Awesome website you have. Congrats. Very easy to work and I think ???? it's really great if you compare with other's websites hard to see or figure out what to do finding content. Thank you guys for your hard work.

Original review: April 2, 2019

My experience with Credit Sesame was excellent. I like the fact that it gives you advice on what credit cards you can apply for with your score and how to improve your score if you need to. Also it gives you credit cards you can apply for with the APR and how much credit you could possibly get. Keep up the great work.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I really enjoy the detail on the reporting Credit Sesame uses. Their site is user-friendly and accurate. I've been working on my credit and having a helpful website has made raising my credit score easier to understand. I've used another site as well and just learned about Credit Sesame today on a social media page. This site will be another way to help me get better credit and understand how banks use credit for loans.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have been using this service for about 6+ plus months. I find it very useless, it’s just a way to push credit cards, and loans on people. I think they purposely display low scores and try to get you to apply for these products. I also use other apps to keep track of my score, and reports and they are always different. I check my credit with them about 11:00 pm on 3/31/2019 and it way up and I checked it about 2:30 pm and it decreased 88 points and this is after reporting my paying down one of my credit cards and not the rest. Nothing else changed, so I compared it with my other apps which showed a 30,31 point increase and they both were reporting from TransUnion. I recommend anyone using this site be cautious there in the business of my money off making you bad credit risk.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg