It's that easy Request Information
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

215 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 20, 2019

I've had this app for some time now and i love it! Credit Sesame ALWAYS update me on things like potential credit increase, applying for the best credit cards, loads and sends me other options for improving my credit score.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I love Credit Sesame. I have tried 4 monitoring systems and this one is the most accurate. The credit offers are spot on and I like that you can pre-qualify without a hard credit check. Thank you for the great service and helping with my credit!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Quick and accurate. I particularly liked the initial questions to determine my identity. I was really only using it to make sure I didn't need to take action to improve my score. So for that purpose it was quick and easy.

Original review: March 19, 2019

If you use Credit Sesame you can bill your credit score. They give you the tools you need to increase your credit score, also give you your credit score. If you follow their advice you can get your credit score as high as it can go.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Good organization, easy signup, excellent experience! Helpful in securing credit safely. I have confidence in Credit sesame and their ability to monitor my account and help protect me from identity theft, and other similar situations. Highly recommend to family and friends!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Dear Credit Sesame, I, Eric **, have been working on rebuilding my credit rating to hopefully improve my credit score and provide me with many more positive financial opportunities in the present as well as into the future. Thankfully You have been very beneficial in providing such great financial resources. Sincerely,

Eric **

Original review: March 15, 2019

Credit Sesame sent me an email, inviting me to check into the interest rates that might be available to me should I choose to refinance my car. I was curious, and interested in saving money, so I responded to their offer. They stated, blatantly and incorrectly, that "checking my rates would not affect my credit score." They could not have been more wrong. Although I never applied for credit with anyone, I find that five different lenders have now done HARD PULLS on my credit. This is going to do some real damage to my credit score.

It's a lousy scam that they are running. I understand that they will now get paid by the five different lenders. So, they have made their money, but I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars trying to get their malfeasance undone. Be smart, and stay far, far away from this place. If you get any emails from them, don't even open them. Right to the trash bin is the smart thing to do.

Original review: March 14, 2019

On 3/12/2019 at 853pm Credit Sesame a supposedly secure credit monitoring site allowed a THIEF with the email address of ** to changed my email address to his fraudulent address and now I have been logged out of my account. I emailed Credit Sesame over ten times. They have no phone number and they have not bothered to respond.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Credit Sesame has been extremely helpful in moving my credit in a positive direction. It has provided tips and benefits to improving my score, how to go about managing my credit, what factors are in play and moving my credit in an upward direction. I feel like I made the principal's list at school because all my scores are A's and B's now. It is exciting to log in and see my information all on one site and to know what steps I need to take next to keep moving forward. I am so thankful for this site!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have a student loan that I paid off in Feb. 2019. As of yet I still have to see my account updated to reflect that last payment. Instead of removing it from my credit, it added that I owe a payment of 25.00. I CS a message and I still have yet to hear back from them. Otherwise I think they are going a good job!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I'm very disappointed with false advertising and scams. Do you collect our information for identity theft or just for statistical purposes? I'm trying to find out if my identity was stolen years ago, and I want to correct it in order to leave my grandson a legacy when I pass away. You don't honestly take someone's credit and make it better, you just look for people who already have good credit, give them honorary points and credit yourself with it. I am anxiously awaiting favorable results as you promised!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with Credit Sesame. The information and advice that they have provided has helped me increase my credit score considerably in just a few months. Thank you, Credit Sesame, for the extremely helpful service that you provide!

Original review: March 11, 2019

They made it easy to use and didn't have to jump through hoops to see what your credit score was. They also give option and way to help make your credit score better. I love it. Will recommend to everyone I know. Thanks for making it easy.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I have believed the reports I get from Credit Sesame. I have been with Credit Sesame for over a year and check all my statuses two or three times a week. If there is a better place to get my reports, I have not heard of them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I filed a dispute on my record for an account I really don't have knowledge of. Hoping it will be removed. I have been trying to raise my credit rating for a while. Was able to get a charge card thanks to you. Will wait for results. Thank you.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I wasn't taught financial literacy at home or school, so I made a lot of painful mistakes. However, with Credit Sesame I'm able to finally understand what actions affect my credit and how to manage my financial life better. I have improved my credit score dramatically following the tips and advice on Credit Sesame's site. This is empowering. Thank you, Credit Sesame!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

When I attempted to sign on to my account today, it first rejected my email or password; when I asked for password help, it rejected my birth date or last 4 digits of my social. I searched for help and got no direct help, just lots of written answers that didn't really apply to being rejected in every category. FINALLY, I asked for human help, and got a message suggesting I change my browser. That worked, but it took much too long to get to that answer. Put that at the top of the options list!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Thank you for the great service. This is a no doubter to work with with this company. This site is a great value if you want to take charge of your finance. Don't be the other companies that will lure in and then charge a monthly fee.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

This app is all about their [Credit Sesame] advertisers, that's how Credit Sesame makes their money. You don't get a complete credit report as other apps such as Credit Karma and Credit Wise issue. Credit Sesame gives nothing more than a "summary," statement without the details. Credit Sesame (and all other apps) give you a FAKO "Vantage Score," which is always lower than a true FICO score, but they want you to think your score is higher so you can take advantage of their "offers."

The service is always trying to get you to obtain its paid vendor services to the detriment of your credit. What Credit Sesame doesn't tell you is that your credit is damaged when you continuously try to obtain what they are selling. Your data is not safe on Credit Sesame. They sell it to their paid vendors, where you will be solicited incessantly for credit cards, loans, and other financial instruments. I don't recommend using this service when there are so many other free apps that don't abuse like Credit Sesame. People whose second language is English should stay clear of this app.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Credit Sesame has helped me improve my credit rating in just 5 months!! I heard about Credit Sesame from Jordan Cheyenne's YouTube channel. She was so right. They showed me where my delinquencies were which I paid and they also showed me what cards would raise my score. Taking care of those delinquencies and being approved for those cards added 50 points!! I know I'll be over 700 by Summer. Thank you Credit Sesame!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Very detailed and outlined of your credit history. Gives a nice layout of your financial history and also what changes one could make to improve their credit score. Also, what one needs to do to make the improvements and what not to do.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I truly enjoy navigating through your site, it is clear and informative. I truly like seeing the credit cards I can apply for and their published chances of me getting one. Also showing me the loans I could possibly qualify for is good to know.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The experience was very thorough and informative, and the 2nd time around it was much better. The screens were helpful. The only fact I didn't like was the fact that one of my credit cards weren't supported. I like this service better than Credit Karma. There's your dagger!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

This site has help me to raise my credit score. It is an excellent tool for anyone who really wants to raise their credit score. They keep up with all your accounts and credit inquiries and alert you when some inquiry is added.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Credit Sesame is great about keeping up to date on my scores and lets me know about changes to my scores immediately. They do a great job of keeping me abreast of things going on with me and my credit. Thanks for all you do. It's a great job.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Even though I am not ready to get more credit cards, I was pleased with the choices. I don't believe in having multiple credit cards as the more I have open and don't use, the less my credit score will become. I am happy with the cards I have and if circumstances warrant, I will get another one but right now I am satisfied with my scoring, my overall "report card" and have no intentions of destroying what I worked hard to accomplish. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I am extremely pleased with the free credit monitoring services and especially for the free credit score updates provided by Credit Sesame. This service has been a Godsend to me for nearly four years! I highly recommend Credit Sesame to everyone. Thank you very much!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I go to the web site once a week and check on my accounts. I have gone from a poor credit score to a excellent score because of using this website! I highly recommend using Credit Sesame if you want to get back on track and stay there.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is the first online credit score service which went through after I got my password as I wanted. I was surprised that my Credit Union has increased the Master Card credit limit to $800. It is the first credit card I had in several years. I thank the people who have given me access to my credit score and it shows how I can have a strategy to increase that number. I wish you well. I hope you have a business model which leads to your income statement to be in the black!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I was notified of a lower score of 764 points on Jan 31, 2019. Then on Feb 15, 2019, I received a higher score of 817 points. It was good to see the credit score rise higher by 63 points. I did not know that by switching the balances of my credit card accounts around that I would get that much of a change in my credit score.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg