2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and monitoring alerts, you can make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards, or when there is a change in your home's value.

Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

View More View More

Credit Sesame Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have been a member of Credit Sesame's free services for years now. I have recommended all my children to join it as well. I feel much more confident that someone is watching when my credit score changes, or some other credit event happens. I always quickly check to see that the activities are generated from my own actions when I receive a notice about a change in credit or an activity noted. By viewing the debt information, I realized I had accidentally taken a bank override loan from my bank. I was completely unaware that was accruing a balance owed until I noticed it on the credit sesame report. I get regular notices from them suggesting credit cards or refinancing options. I actually contacted Quicken loans and refinanced our home to a 15 year option due to one of their ads. For the most part I just delete the advertising and accept it as the payment I owe them for watching my credit. Great Service!

Hi Christy,

We are so happy to hear what a difference we have made in your life! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and thank you for being a valued member.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I have been a member with them awhile. They have help me understand my credit and are helping get on the right track again. They never treated me badly or made me feel worse than I already did. They encouraged me to stay focus and they would help me thru this bad point in credit history. We have a long way to go but at least I have better chance today of raising my score than I did before. If it weren't for Credit Sesame, keeping a close eye on my credit but also watch my kids at no extra fee. With all the identity theft nowadays, I know my kids are protected along with him.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you, Sabrina, for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear things are working out for you. We wish you the best of financial health and know that you will make your goals!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My credit history was never something I thought could be helped as I knew it was bad and would always be below bad. I doubted. It was so low and could never be helped. I took a chance to see what Credit Sesame might do with a low credit score like mine. I was very excited when they told me what to do to increase my credit score. I had no credit card, was poor because I let my past credit card go to Portfolio for collection. They showed which card to apply for, I applied for and received, slowly I applied for cards they recommend and approved.

In less then 6 or 7 months I ended with 10 credit cards, and with their helped I learned how to manage my cards. What whats needed to increase my score and now my score was higher. I have done what Credit Sesame has recommended. My score has gone up by 100. Credit Sesame has helped me way more than I ever thought and for that I am very grateful for all they have done and I am sure they will continue to do more. Thanks to them. I want to say THANK YOU, and have and will send all my family and friends, even others to their website because they helped me and they will help them as they helped me increase my very low score then they will help them.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I'm not giving information as far as name and exact location. I only want to express information regarding my experience with Credit Sesame and THAT'S what matters. Before Credit Sesame, my credit score was 286 and falling. No one would give me credit or even consider my application. I signed up with Credit Sesame's FREE service and received my first credit card offer within 30 days. There was an annual fee for the card, but it was worth it to rebuild credit which hasn't existed for over 20 years. Now, I have several cards with limits upwards of $10,000 and some are cash back cards. The payments are low and I don't miss any. Even though due to travel my debt is high, I have the means to control them. As long as my payments are on time, My credit is good.

Credit Sesame sends me emails to let me know what is happening with my credit score, usage and debt. It also tells me how I can control my score by increasing my credit limits, reducing my spending and paying off the smaller limit cards. My credit score went from a 'don't even ask' score of 286 to a 'how much do you need' score of 723 within 9 months. Now my score has dropped because of vacation spending however, I never miss a payment and pay off the lower ones as Credit Sesame suggested.

I'm not telling you that you should grab every offer that comes your way. You should be cautious and picky. But, if have a credit score of 400 or less and your first offer is a low limit $300 card with an annual fee, take it.

BEST PRACTICES:

1. Make your payments on time.

2. NEVER max out your card.

3. Set up alerts for transactions you make; payments you make; balance due and payment due dates.

4. When you owe half of your card's limit, stop using it until you pay it off.

5. Some cards offer credit increases after you make a certain amount of PAYMENTS ON TIME. Accept these increases, but only spend one-fourth of your limit and pay it off. This will keep you in good standing and afford you time to repay it if you have an emergency.

6. If you have the cash, don't use the card. Splurging can get you in trouble.

7. Pay your bill at least one week before it is due. That not only gives your creditor time to receive the payment, but it also keeps it from being late. This strengthens your payment history and if you do have to make a late payment, your consistent before-due payment history MAY help you to get your late fee waived (though this is NOT a guarantee).

8. Check your due dates. Example: If you make a payment on January 1st and your due date hasn't changed when you check it on January 15th, DO NOT make a payment until your new due date is shown unless you are paying it off. Any payment made before that date changes, is going to count within the same payment cycle as your previous payment. So you will still have a payment due the following month.

9. A lot of creditors reference a 'Billing Cycle'. These are the dates they use to calculate your amounts due and due date. This cycle does not necessarily mean your payments will be the same amount or due on the same day every month. WATCH YOUR DUE DATES CAREFULLY. I suggest checking them every 7 days.

Credit Sesame can get you started, but it's up to you to be responsible. I can't stress enough how important it is for your payments to be made on time if not before time. I recommend Credit Sesame to ANYONE who needs help. Listen/read/follow the advice they offer that fits YOUR needs. Don't expect a miracle and don't give up. Do what you need to make it work for you. I hope this helps. This review is based on my personal experience and is NOT a guarantee that it would work the same for you.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have recommended this monitoring service to many friends and probably 30+ have downloaded. For a new user however it can be a bit confusing between advertised options and the actual portal's tips for improving credit. Example: someone opens the page and sees 4 credit cards to get, they click on the top one and secure it to improve their credit thinking it's a genuine recommendation; sometime it is not. The option did not fall in line with tips but just a splash page for Credit Sesame to generate revenue. (No issues here, I understand how the cookie crumbles and you have overhead hence the free service) Maybe spend a little more time integrating the platform with adverts with actual tips for the layman and it may be prosperous. Other than that it is a great tool for the INTERMEDIATE user. Kindest regards, Gene.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: March 29, 2020

This was very easy to sign up for. I disagree with the score. With my home and vehicles paid off it should be higher. No late payments if back remarks but that is ok. I will check into that. This was very easy to read the results. Will tell others to try this site.

Original review: March 27, 2020

My experience thus far with Credit Sesame has been "GREAT"! This is a wonderful tool to track and monitor your credit detailing available ways to increase your credit score including effective ways to accomplish your goal! Thanks for providing such a great consumer service.... Respectfully: Alton **

Original review: March 21, 2020

Just checking my credit score. Also, I wanted to see if I could get credit report for free without it affecting my score. I also changed my alerts so Credit Sesame can text me more info about my credit changes.

Original review: March 19, 2020

So far, so good. I like what I see and plan to do better all a way around. Thank you for the input. I believe that Credit Sesame has been a great tool to use and the service has been smooth. I do enjoy your staff and the turn around time getting everything done.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Product was easy to use, fast, efficient and effective. The credit scores were accurate when compared to the results of other credit products I currently use. I will switch to Credit Sesame. I have recommended Credit Sesame to some of my friends and family/.

Credit Sesame response

Thanks Ronald! We are so glad that you are enjoying the service. Thanks for being a member.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor