4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and monitoring alerts, you can make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards, or when there is a change in your home's value.

Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Credit Sesame Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Using the tips and other helpful information through Credit Sesame my credit score has gone from 0 to 718, and I've been able to acquire two unsecured cc(s) and a retail account in under one year. The biggest advice I can offer; pay your balance in full or at least the minimum on time, all the time, and keep your utilization low. Thank you Credit Sesame!

Credit Sesame response

Hi Caryl.

Thank you for both being a Credit Sesame member and taking time out of your day to review our service. Your type of experience is exactly the one we want all of our members to have. Please let us know when you break into the 800 club. Your friends at Credit Sesame are rooting for you!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My credit history was never something I thought could be helped as I knew it was bad and would always be below bad. I doubted. It was so low and could never be helped. I took a chance to see what Credit Sesame might do with a low credit score like mine. I was very excited when they told me what to do to increase my credit score. I had no credit card, was poor because I let my past credit card go to Portfolio for collection. They showed which card to apply for, I applied for and received, slowly I applied for cards they recommend and approved.

In less then 6 or 7 months I ended with 10 credit cards, and with their helped I learned how to manage my cards. What whats needed to increase my score and now my score was higher. I have done what Credit Sesame has recommended. My score has gone up by 100. Credit Sesame has helped me way more than I ever thought and for that I am very grateful for all they have done and I am sure they will continue to do more. Thanks to them. I want to say THANK YOU, and have and will send all my family and friends, even others to their website because they helped me and they will help them as they helped me increase my very low score then they will help them.

Original review: July 28, 2019

This has to be one of the best free services I have ever used. I've been using Credit Sesame for years, ever since I heard Clark Howard talk about them (he's now advocating a different service, but back then it was Credit Sesame). However, I have been VERY pleased with them. Their site has helped me get more organized, track my cards and spending, and sends useful "score" alerts to me via text. Last year, I did sign up for a more "professional" monitoring provider (transunion), but I see very little benefit to that over this - the only one I relly like is "locking" my credit report and I'm not sure it's worth $20/month when I'm notified via text already and I've frozen my Equifax credit report (so there's no need to lock it). I highly recommend them!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I'm not giving information as far as name and exact location. I only want to express information regarding my experience with Credit Sesame and THAT'S what matters. Before Credit Sesame, my credit score was 286 and falling. No one would give me credit or even consider my application. I signed up with Credit Sesame's FREE service and received my first credit card offer within 30 days. There was an annual fee for the card, but it was worth it to rebuild credit which hasn't existed for over 20 years. Now, I have several cards with limits upwards of $10,000 and some are cash back cards. The payments are low and I don't miss any. Even though due to travel my debt is high, I have the means to control them. As long as my payments are on time, My credit is good.

Credit Sesame sends me emails to let me know what is happening with my credit score, usage and debt. It also tells me how I can control my score by increasing my credit limits, reducing my spending and paying off the smaller limit cards. My credit score went from a 'don't even ask' score of 286 to a 'how much do you need' score of 723 within 9 months. Now my score has dropped because of vacation spending however, I never miss a payment and pay off the lower ones as Credit Sesame suggested.

I'm not telling you that you should grab every offer that comes your way. You should be cautious and picky. But, if have a credit score of 400 or less and your first offer is a low limit $300 card with an annual fee, take it.

BEST PRACTICES:

1. Make your payments on time.

2. NEVER max out your card.

3. Set up alerts for transactions you make; payments you make; balance due and payment due dates.

4. When you owe half of your card's limit, stop using it until you pay it off.

5. Some cards offer credit increases after you make a certain amount of PAYMENTS ON TIME. Accept these increases, but only spend one-fourth of your limit and pay it off. This will keep you in good standing and afford you time to repay it if you have an emergency.

6. If you have the cash, don't use the card. Splurging can get you in trouble.

7. Pay your bill at least one week before it is due. That not only gives your creditor time to receive the payment, but it also keeps it from being late. This strengthens your payment history and if you do have to make a late payment, your consistent before-due payment history MAY help you to get your late fee waived (though this is NOT a guarantee).

8. Check your due dates. Example: If you make a payment on January 1st and your due date hasn't changed when you check it on January 15th, DO NOT make a payment until your new due date is shown unless you are paying it off. Any payment made before that date changes, is going to count within the same payment cycle as your previous payment. So you will still have a payment due the following month.

9. A lot of creditors reference a 'Billing Cycle'. These are the dates they use to calculate your amounts due and due date. This cycle does not necessarily mean your payments will be the same amount or due on the same day every month. WATCH YOUR DUE DATES CAREFULLY. I suggest checking them every 7 days.

Credit Sesame can get you started, but it's up to you to be responsible. I can't stress enough how important it is for your payments to be made on time if not before time. I recommend Credit Sesame to ANYONE who needs help. Listen/read/follow the advice they offer that fits YOUR needs. Don't expect a miracle and don't give up. Do what you need to make it work for you. I hope this helps. This review is based on my personal experience and is NOT a guarantee that it would work the same for you.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have recommended this monitoring service to many friends and probably 30+ have downloaded. For a new user however it can be a bit confusing between advertised options and the actual portal's tips for improving credit. Example: someone opens the page and sees 4 credit cards to get, they click on the top one and secure it to improve their credit thinking it's a genuine recommendation; sometime it is not. The option did not fall in line with tips but just a splash page for Credit Sesame to generate revenue. (No issues here, I understand how the cookie crumbles and you have overhead hence the free service) Maybe spend a little more time integrating the platform with adverts with actual tips for the layman and it may be prosperous. Other than that it is a great tool for the INTERMEDIATE user. Kindest regards, Gene.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Totally awesome! Credit Sesame gave me a good handle on where I stand with my finances and credit. Thank you. I would suggest this to everyone. We all need to know our credit score and better understand our potential. Try Credit Sesame and find out!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My experience with this website was precise and informing. The information is very informative and necessary to monitor and improve credit rating. The one thing I do not appreciate is the offer to get more credit. I am not interested in getting any more credit; just improving my credit score.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Great information to help me get to a better understanding of great credit and how to always make it better. Thank you Credit Sesame. I value the information you give to help maintain great credit. I easily understand. I was never really that good about credit. Thanks for much needed enlightment.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is great to hear that you are having a positive experience. We appreciate your membership!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

When I need to check on my credit or to get help Credit Sesame is always there with answers. I have recommended some family and friends, they are also pleased that I sent them to the website. Now they are on the track to good credit themselves. Thank you Credit Sesame.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

It is so easy to check my credit and see how I can improve my score. It helps me to make smart decisions. I check my score at least once a week so I know what I need to do to improve it in many choices.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg