2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.66/5

Credit Sesame offers free credit monitoring services on its website and mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android. No credit card is required, and it does not impact your credit score. Members receive a free credit check and credit score update every month from the TransUnion credit reporting bureau.

BOTTOM LINE

Credit Sesame offers a lot of tools and credit information for free. It has three premium membership plans for information from all three credit reporting bureaus. The free plan only includes a TransUnion credit report.

PROS

• Premium plans available
  • No credit card required
  • Free monthly credit score
  • Mobile app

CONS

• Add-ons require monthly subscription
  • Only TransUnion credit score is free

Top Credit Sesame Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

In the time I've been using Credit Sesame, which has been roughly a year or so, I've been able to restore my credit from Poor to Excellent by following the advice provided based on the information they pulled for nothing at all. Credit Sesame is definitely knowledgeable as to the formula to determin

What is Credit Sesame?

Credit Sesame gives you a snapshot of your financial health by analyzing information in your credit report. You can see what’s impacting your score and receive tips on how to improve it. Credit Sesame also gives personalized recommendations on how to save money on car loans, student loans, credit cards and mortgages.

To sign up for a Credit Sesame membership, you must provide your:

• Email address
  • Full legal name
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Last four digits of your Social Security number

Credit Sesame offers four membership plans: Free, Advanced Credit, Pro Credit and Platinum Protection. All plans include a personalized credit report card that analyzes your credit history and tells you what’s affecting your score and how you can improve it. The company also provides savings recommendations for loans, credit cards and home mortgages by comparing offers and finding the best interest rates.

Membership plans also include a tracking tool for homeowners that provides updates on your home’s estimated value and the amount of equity you have in your home.

Credit Sesame banking services

In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame also offers free digital banking, which includes a no-fee bank account and a debit card. With Sesame Cash rewards, members earn cash rewards when their credit score increases.

Sesame Cash doesn’t have monthly service fees, a minimum balance requirement or foreign transaction fees. Members can withdraw cash for free at more than 55,000 ATMs worldwide.

Members get their paycheck up to two days early, with no fees or interest, when they connect their payroll to their Sesame Cash bank account.

Credit Sesame cost

A basic Credit Sesame membership is free and does not require a credit card. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring.

If you want more frequent score updates or your credit scores from all three credit bureaus, you can upgrade your membership to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month. You can pay each month or receive a discount by paying for the year in full. Prices for premium plans are below.

PlanMonthly cost
Basic$0
Advanced Credit$9.95
Pro Credit$15.95
Platinum Protection$19.95

Credit Sesame FAQ

Is Credit Sesame safe?
Yes. Credit Sesame uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and 128-bit encryption to protect data. The company also monitors its networks 24/7 and uses firewalls. These are the same security measures banks and the government uses to protect information.
Is Credit Sesame free?
Yes, basic membership is free. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring. You have the option to upgrade to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month to receive monthly credit score updates from all three credit bureaus — TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax — and other features, such as daily credit score updates from TransUnion and monthly full credit reports from all three bureaus.
How often does Credit Sesame update your credit score?
With a free membership, Credit Sesame updates your TransUnion VantageScore 3.0 credit score every month. With a premium plan, it updates your TransUnion credit score daily and your credit scores from other credit bureaus monthly.
How is Credit Sesame different from credit repair services?
Credit Sesame provides you with the tools and information you need to improve your credit so you can then go make those changes yourself. With a credit repair service, you work with someone one-on-one to improve your credit.

Is Credit Sesame legit?

Anyone can benefit from being a Credit Sesame member. Credit Sesame provides tons of free financial tools and reports to help members better understand their financial health and how to improve it. Using Credit Sesame is safe — it doesn’t hurt your credit score and does not require a credit card for its free membership option. Credit Sesame can help you save money on your credit card debt or loans by finding offers with lower interests.

Credit Sesame Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: May 12, 2020

Hi... Overall good experience. Not sure why but I paid all my credit card balances off about 1 month ago, You have me still owing $9000.00+ as a total balance when it is actually $0.00 balance. I owe no credit card money.. I paid them all off. Not sure how they update that, 1 bank did. The others have not according to your website information...they are not paid off...so once that is corrected and recorded my credit score should increase and the credit card grades should also increase/improve. Can you look into this and let me know? Thank you...Brian.

Get buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

My experience thus far with Credit Sesame has been "GREAT"! This is a wonderful tool to track and monitor your credit detailing available ways to increase your credit score including effective ways to accomplish your goal! Thanks for providing such a great consumer service.... Respectfully: Alton **

Credit Sesame response

Thanks Alton! And thanks for being a member! We are so glad that you enjoy the service.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have been a member of Credit Sesame's free services for years now. I have recommended all my children to join it as well. I feel much more confident that someone is watching when my credit score changes, or some other credit event happens. I always quickly check to see that the activities are generated from my own actions when I receive a notice about a change in credit or an activity noted. By viewing the debt information, I realized I had accidentally taken a bank override loan from my bank. I was completely unaware that was accruing a balance owed until I noticed it on the credit sesame report. I get regular notices from them suggesting credit cards or refinancing options. I actually contacted Quicken loans and refinanced our home to a 15 year option due to one of their ads. For the most part I just delete the advertising and accept it as the payment I owe them for watching my credit. Great Service!

Credit Sesame response

Hi Christy,

We are so happy to hear what a difference we have made in your life! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and thank you for being a valued member.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My credit history was never something I thought could be helped as I knew it was bad and would always be below bad. I doubted. It was so low and could never be helped. I took a chance to see what Credit Sesame might do with a low credit score like mine. I was very excited when they told me what to do to increase my credit score. I had no credit card, was poor because I let my past credit card go to Portfolio for collection. They showed which card to apply for, I applied for and received, slowly I applied for cards they recommend and approved.

In less then 6 or 7 months I ended with 10 credit cards, and with their helped I learned how to manage my cards. What whats needed to increase my score and now my score was higher. I have done what Credit Sesame has recommended. My score has gone up by 100. Credit Sesame has helped me way more than I ever thought and for that I am very grateful for all they have done and I am sure they will continue to do more. Thanks to them. I want to say THANK YOU, and have and will send all my family and friends, even others to their website because they helped me and they will help them as they helped me increase my very low score then they will help them.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I'm not giving information as far as name and exact location. I only want to express information regarding my experience with Credit Sesame and THAT'S what matters. Before Credit Sesame, my credit score was 286 and falling. No one would give me credit or even consider my application. I signed up with Credit Sesame's FREE service and received my first credit card offer within 30 days. There was an annual fee for the card, but it was worth it to rebuild credit which hasn't existed for over 20 years. Now, I have several cards with limits upwards of $10,000 and some are cash back cards. The payments are low and I don't miss any. Even though due to travel my debt is high, I have the means to control them. As long as my payments are on time, My credit is good.

Credit Sesame sends me emails to let me know what is happening with my credit score, usage and debt. It also tells me how I can control my score by increasing my credit limits, reducing my spending and paying off the smaller limit cards. My credit score went from a 'don't even ask' score of 286 to a 'how much do you need' score of 723 within 9 months. Now my score has dropped because of vacation spending however, I never miss a payment and pay off the lower ones as Credit Sesame suggested.

I'm not telling you that you should grab every offer that comes your way. You should be cautious and picky. But, if have a credit score of 400 or less and your first offer is a low limit $300 card with an annual fee, take it.

BEST PRACTICES:

1. Make your payments on time.

2. NEVER max out your card.

3. Set up alerts for transactions you make; payments you make; balance due and payment due dates.

4. When you owe half of your card's limit, stop using it until you pay it off.

5. Some cards offer credit increases after you make a certain amount of PAYMENTS ON TIME. Accept these increases, but only spend one-fourth of your limit and pay it off. This will keep you in good standing and afford you time to repay it if you have an emergency.

6. If you have the cash, don't use the card. Splurging can get you in trouble.

7. Pay your bill at least one week before it is due. That not only gives your creditor time to receive the payment, but it also keeps it from being late. This strengthens your payment history and if you do have to make a late payment, your consistent before-due payment history MAY help you to get your late fee waived (though this is NOT a guarantee).

8. Check your due dates. Example: If you make a payment on January 1st and your due date hasn't changed when you check it on January 15th, DO NOT make a payment until your new due date is shown unless you are paying it off. Any payment made before that date changes, is going to count within the same payment cycle as your previous payment. So you will still have a payment due the following month.

9. A lot of creditors reference a 'Billing Cycle'. These are the dates they use to calculate your amounts due and due date. This cycle does not necessarily mean your payments will be the same amount or due on the same day every month. WATCH YOUR DUE DATES CAREFULLY. I suggest checking them every 7 days.

Credit Sesame can get you started, but it's up to you to be responsible. I can't stress enough how important it is for your payments to be made on time if not before time. I recommend Credit Sesame to ANYONE who needs help. Listen/read/follow the advice they offer that fits YOUR needs. Don't expect a miracle and don't give up. Do what you need to make it work for you. I hope this helps. This review is based on my personal experience and is NOT a guarantee that it would work the same for you.

Original review: July 2, 2020

It is a very good site. Everything is very clear and really help you to improve the credit. It gives the very clear picture about our financial health. Only problem is my profile has wrong information and I could not correct it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

It was easy and convenient. Easy to understand. I think I got all the answers. I might recommend it. I think everybody can benefit from the program. It is a very helpful tool. I am very grateful for your help.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I love Credit Sesame, it keeps you updated with changes to your credit report, makes suggestions on how to improve your score and even offers direct links to the credit bureaus to file disputes. I have used other companies in the past that shall remain nameless, however I love that I switched to credit sesame hands down!

Original review: June 20, 2020

I love keeping an eye on my overall credit and score with Credit Sesame. I can check as often as I want and my score doesn't go down. I check almost daily. I can search for credit cards and loans etc..

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have used Credit Sesame for 3+ years and find it to be a great resource for viewing, tracking and improving my credit. Website is easy to use. Viewing my credit score improving after each of the suggested tasks really makes it exciting to use and visit the website once a week to get everything on track.

Credit Sesame Company Information