3.61/5
  • 1 star
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

28 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I emailed Credit Sesame many times over the past few weeks. No response. Nothing. I don't understand how they do business. Shame. Email is their only accepted contact form and still they do not respond. I was going to be a new customer but steer away!

Credit Sesame response

We are not finding any support requests or Credit Sesame accounts using the email address provided in this review. We'd be happy to investigate the case more if you could please email us at privacy@creditsesame.com and please provide a phone number so we can have an agent give you a call to resolve.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been locked out of my account for over a month and am only able to access one page of my profile. I have tried repeatedly to get assistance with this issue and have only ever gotten generic email responses directing me to the FAQ portion of the support center page. Due to the absolutely appalling customer service I've received, I've been tried to get my subscription cancelled for the last couple of weeks. I'm still getting no assistance from the support center. None of the "solutions" in the FAQ page will work for my situation because I am only able to access one page of my profile and the support center is refusing to acknowledge my problem.

To top it all off, I've been receiving excessive emails from Credit Sesame. I've clicked to unsubscribe from them every single time, and I'm still being harassed with them. There is no amount of compensation that I could receive that would ever make using your service in the future worth it. I want my subscription cancelled and once that has been successfully accomplished, I never want any future contact with your worthless company again!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have had an account with Credit Sesame for 2 or 3 years now. Recently I received a email from Credit Sesame stating I need to finish filling out my information. I sent Credit Sesame 2,3,4,5 emails with NO RESPONSE. I then contacted via Facebook and was told it was being fixed. Support contacted me after I contacted Facebook, said I do not have any account. I keep all of my emails from Credit Sesame to support with NO RESPONSE. I tried to log in today and now there my account is deleted and does not exist. The customer service and support for this company is flaky and questionable.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This was an easy and quick site to use for a credit check, also gave ideas on how to improve my credit or dispute some items. Not confusing and straight forward. The information given was fair but could have included a few more details and explanation. I would include the score to improve the site a little more. Perhaps give a few more details and information about the negative entries, or contact phone numbers to the creditors. Overall I was satisfied with the site considering it is free with no strings attached and no annoying spam emails afterwards. Loved it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'm sort of confused about this service because I originally signed up for it to maintain my 800 credit score... it's been 1 month and it's gone down 50 points already. Please cancel my subscription if you read this!

Credit Sesame response

I do see that you contacted our member success team today and they did set your subscription to cancel at the end of your current subscription period. Sorry, you didn't have a better first experience. We'll reach out to you individually to see if we can help you understand the movement in your credit score. 50 points is an unusually large movement if you haven't had any major changes in your credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The service was great when I could log in. But I misentered my email. I have contacted them via their email about the problem, however, there is no posted phone number... except a scam one, and I have not received a responsible fix the problem. The scam number tries to get you to sign up for services and hangs up if you won't!

Credit Sesame response

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. As explained in our support center, all of our support requests are handled through email so our support team can be as efficient as possible and track issues with tickets. Unfortunately, in your case we were not able to identify your account because we don't find any account for you in our system like due to the mistyped email address. We'll reach out to you individually by email so we can get in contact you to resolve this matter. We'd also like to know where you saw that scam phone number, sometimes users have reported similar inaccurate numbers coming up in Google searches for our number.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Credit Sesame is a powerful site that gives tips, great ideas and details. Simple and not hard at all. Very moderate, discreet and good at giving support. More tips are needed to improve poor or fair credit scores. We need more customer support. Easy to use, understandable, easy information input. Appreciative of customers and their response is ok but could be improved.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking to time to review Credit Sesame!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I like Credit Sesame because I get automatic updates of summaries related to my credit, including credit cards that apply to people with my credit score. It was recommended by several of the credit report sites that I researched. Sometimes I get messages that don't apply to my credit history or pertain to me at all. It would be more of an attractive service to have if these were omitted. It was easy to join and makes feel like I have another advantage in my quest to improve my credit rating.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like that they allow you to view your credit score for free every month and that they always give you consistent updates on your score increases and/or decreases so that you are always on top of thing. I wish they would allow you to view your credit report without upgrading to a paid service. It is unfair to charge for something that I can access for free on an annual basis. The information is mine, anyway. Why should I have to pay for it? But it is very easy to navigate through the website, I like that. Plus, I never have any problems finding exactly what it is that I need or want on their website. Customer service is very friendly and I like the online environment. I do wish that I wouldn't be constantly bombarded with credit cards, however.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The website is easy to navigate and appealing to the eye. Password and username retrieval is easy. Accuracy is great, every time I’ve double checked their information it has been correct. You receive notifications if any change to your score happens. Any delinquencies are accurately portrayed. History of your credit with different creditors is up to date. Any hits or inquiries of your credit report are provided to you through notifications. Discrepancies are easy to report. I’m able to get any errors corrected by contacting them and providing information needed from a credit bureau to prove.

Credit score is updated monthly. The score could be the exact as on another website but one site considers the score good, while another considers it fair. Some aspects of credit bureau reporting take time to get updated on the site. It would be nice to get actual TransUnion and Experian scores. Customer satisfaction seems to be a priority. Get offers to various credit cards, as well as your expected approval odds for those cards.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My experience has been great so far. It was simple to get signed up and I receive emails telling me that I have updates. It has been a great start in improving my credit, guiding me through the best options for me to get the best deal possible. I like that it gives me my score, shows my debt versus credit ratio and gives recommendations for improving my credit score and multiple options for credit cards and loans. It also offers different banks with the highest interest rates for saving. However, I would like to get my free annual credit report through this site instead of having to go to others and I would also like to know how to get my best offers in my local area.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. Glad to hear you are enjoying your experience!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It's an easy to read site and it actually shows you whether you're an A or an F on your different areas. They tell you why your score is the way it is. It sent updates when there's changes in the report. They actually help you apply for loans to improve your credit. It also gives you information on getting rid of negative marks on your credit and how much of a percentage that you will qualify for a credit card or a loan.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

With Credit Sesame I could view my score instantly, I was given feedback to raise my score and it helped me manage my credit. Any credit fraud was immediately provided. It was easy to sign up and I was happy with the ease of use and features while I navigated the site. I got plenty of notifications and I loved the updates and the solution ideas to improve my credit score. I think it's an amazing site for credit monitoring and enhancement. I felt my credit and personal information was protected with the highest level of security.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. Glad we're able to help you make progress toward your credit goals. Keep it up!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

You get a basic result pretty fast. It's a good indicator as to whether or not you need to dig deeper into your credit report. The contract info is provided for each creditor to make it easier. However, I don't think it's as accurate as Experian or one of the other major reporting agencies. A lot of the information was older and some amount had been closed for some time. But it's a Good place to get a big picture especially if you are thinking buying a home and to get your info gathered. If something looks off using this report, you can always proceed to one of the other major sites for details.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame and provide valuable feedback!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Site was easy to use under each heading, sent me an email saying that the credit rating went down so I checked on it using the website. It doesn’t give you a straight answer as to what causes the increase or decrease in the rating. I have an idea but I'm still not sure what caused it. They also offered ways to increase the rating and which credit cards to apply for to boost rating. Don’t get why they offer ways to apply for more credit.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time provide feeback regarding your experience with Credit Sesame!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I like the fact that they provide with my credit rating and periodically contact with an upgrade or indicate any changes. Although I have never availed myself of their loan offerings it is of interesting to learn of possible loans that were available to me and discover some interest rates. It is more than apparent that their primary interest is to entice prospects to take advantage of their loans which is understandable but this was not my reason for responding to their contact with me. It was very easy to respond to the email contact I received from Credit Sesame stating my credit rating could be obtained, the rating was very impressive so naturally I was pleased.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have been a Credit Sesame member for over a year. I was building my credit up and was very happy. I have been on time, and even pay extra, with all of my payments. Then I took out a $2500 loan for a car, and my credit score keeps decreasing and decreasing over 100 points now!! I keep emailing them, asking them why when I am on time and doing everything right, that I keep getting knocked down about 10 pts per month, but they will NOT respond to me!!

Three times I've tried now, and I don't know what to do!!! I think they are partially a scam in cahoots with credit card agencies to try to get you to apply for more cards! Either that, or they are trying to get you to upgrade to their premium membership!! Beware!! They suck you in, then screw up your credit!! Weird thing is, my FICO score has been going up (I find this out elsewhere), but yet that was always lower before. What's wrong with this picture???

Hi Diane,

Thanks for taking the time to review our site. We apologize if we missed your email. Credit Sesame has both free and premium memberships levels. We have higher service levels for our premium service. Although we cannot exactly tell you why you score has changed, we can point you to the credit report card in your account which will give you a very good idea of the factors impacting your score and highlight the recent items that are impacting your score. You can view your credit report card by visiting this URL: https://secure.creditsesame.com/s/finances/mycredit/paymenthistory and logging into your account. If you continue to have questions, please email us at privacy@creditsesame.com and we'll make sure that you receive an individual response.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have no problems with credit sesame I love to be able to see my credit whenever I want... I love to be able to see my debt and credit score and the information is accurate. I hope to continue to be able to use the website and I'm trying to fix my credit.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I was one to get interested in learning how to improve on my "credit score" just a little over 2 years ago, this after going through years of bad credit due to health problems and being unable to work. I started praying about it all, and then I read up on how to clear up my "credit score". I could not believe just how easy it was to make my "score" go from a "failing" to a "passing" grade! Your Site, Credit Sesame, Gets "5-Stars" by me in the way that it has helped me with my "Credit Scores" and my "Credit Information".

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review our site. We're happy that Credit Sesame has been able to help you on your credit journey!

Original review: July 31, 2017

This website is user friendly, easy to understand as well as full of great information to help you manage credit information. I was very pleased with the site when looking for my credit score, credit availability as well as current debt. I would recommend this site to anyone seeking to understand all aspects of their credit.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Website is easy to understand! Grateful! It shows work to be done! I like how it updates credit score and opportunities on a daily basis or as needed. It helps me to keep up with the way I make my payments.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review our site! We're happy to hear that we helping you reach your financial goals.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Love this site, free and don't ask for a credit card. They only ask a few questions to pull up your credit score. Right on point with other similar sites. I am always skeptical of sites that need payment upfront.

Credit Sesame response

Thanks you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I was glad to receive my credit score and recommendations on how to improve it and also credit cards I will be approved for to cut down my high finance charges. Also it gave me a list of credit cards to apply for and the possibility of being approved.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for the nice review! We're glad that you are enjoying your experience with Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Easy to navigate. I was able to look up existing accounts. Was offered credit cards that would accept me. I looked into refinance of my house. And given multiple options. Rates fixed and variable interest on 30 year and 15 year. I am going to recommend this company to my friends and family.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. We appreciate your support!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Easy to sign up! Easy to understand. Easy to get tips and recommendations! It took a couple minutes at most. Excellent! I was able to sign up and view the Credit Score to day. I loved how accessible the debt to income ratio was. That was something I was looking for. Also, I love how the tips for raising Credit were laid out, plain and easy to see. Absolutely great.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: July 10, 2017

It seems as though Credit Sesame updates slower than Credit Karma. I have been watching both accounts, and although it seems that the report date is recorded the same for my various accounts. Where the payoff amounts have already reflected on Credit Karma, they have yet to reflect on Credit Sesame. Not sure why there is the delay in the process in information being that the report date for all of the accounts is identical for all three credit bureaus. Thanks for your time.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking to the time to review Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I went to a Discover card offer that CS said my chances were very good. JOKE LOL.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review our site and we're sorry you didn't get the card you we're interested in. While we can never guarantee approval our goal is to make our approval odds models as accurate as possible. We are constantly improving the algorithms that drive our approval odds models and your feedback will help us improve.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I asked very nicely email-wise if my account could please be deleted. No response. I contacted the company on "Facebook" and they didn't help me. They told me to contact another one of their emails, which I did. I didn't get a response back. That, and the website won't let me log in without entering my Social Security number, which I don't remember. I don't recommend this company.

Credit Sesame Company Information