2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

Credit Sesame offers free credit monitoring services on its website and mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android. No credit card is required, and it does not impact your credit score. Members receive a free credit check and credit score update every month from the TransUnion credit reporting bureau.

BOTTOM LINE

Credit Sesame offers a lot of tools and credit information for free. It has three premium membership plans for information from all three credit reporting bureaus. The free plan only includes a TransUnion credit report.

PROS

• Premium plans available
  • No credit card required
  • Free monthly credit score
  • Mobile app

CONS

• Add-ons require monthly subscription
  • Only TransUnion credit score is free

Top Credit Sesame Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

I have used Credit Sesame for 3+ years and find it to be a great resource for viewing, tracking and improving my credit. Website is easy to use. Viewing my credit score improving after each of the suggested tasks really makes it exciting to use and visit the website once a week to get everything on

In the time I've been using Credit Sesame, which has been roughly a year or so, I've been able to restore my credit from Poor to Excellent by following the advice provided based on the information they pulled for nothing at all. Credit Sesame is definitely knowledgeable as to the formula to determin

What is Credit Sesame?

Credit Sesame gives you a snapshot of your financial health by analyzing information in your credit report. You can see what’s impacting your score and receive tips on how to improve it. Credit Sesame also gives personalized recommendations on how to save money on car loans, student loans, credit cards and mortgages.

To sign up for a Credit Sesame membership, you must provide your:

• Email address
  • Full legal name
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Last four digits of your Social Security number

Credit Sesame offers four membership plans: Free, Advanced Credit, Pro Credit and Platinum Protection. All plans include a personalized credit report card that analyzes your credit history and tells you what’s affecting your score and how you can improve it. The company also provides savings recommendations for loans, credit cards and home mortgages by comparing offers and finding the best interest rates.

Membership plans also include a tracking tool for homeowners that provides updates on your home’s estimated value and the amount of equity you have in your home.

Credit Sesame banking services

In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame also offers free digital banking, which includes a no-fee bank account and a debit card. With Sesame Cash rewards, members earn cash rewards when their credit score increases.

Sesame Cash doesn’t have monthly service fees, a minimum balance requirement or foreign transaction fees. Members can withdraw cash for free at more than 55,000 ATMs worldwide.

Members get their paycheck up to two days early, with no fees or interest, when they connect their payroll to their Sesame Cash bank account.

Credit Sesame cost

A basic Credit Sesame membership is free and does not require a credit card. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring.

If you want more frequent score updates or your credit scores from all three credit bureaus, you can upgrade your membership to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month. You can pay each month or receive a discount by paying for the year in full. Prices for premium plans are below.

PlanMonthly cost
Basic$0
Advanced Credit$9.95
Pro Credit$15.95
Platinum Protection$19.95

Credit Sesame FAQ

Is Credit Sesame safe?
Yes. Credit Sesame uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and 128-bit encryption to protect data. The company also monitors its networks 24/7 and uses firewalls. These are the same security measures banks and the government uses to protect information.
Is Credit Sesame free?
Yes, basic membership is free. The free membership includes a monthly credit score update from TransUnion and credit monitoring. You have the option to upgrade to a premium plan starting at $9.95 a month to receive monthly credit score updates from all three credit bureaus — TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax — and other features, such as daily credit score updates from TransUnion and monthly full credit reports from all three bureaus.
How often does Credit Sesame update your credit score?
With a free membership, Credit Sesame updates your TransUnion VantageScore 3.0 credit score every month. With a premium plan, it updates your TransUnion credit score daily and your credit scores from other credit bureaus monthly.
How is Credit Sesame different from credit repair services?
Credit Sesame provides you with the tools and information you need to improve your credit so you can then go make those changes yourself. With a credit repair service, you work with someone one-on-one to improve your credit.

Is Credit Sesame legit?

Anyone can benefit from being a Credit Sesame member. Credit Sesame provides tons of free financial tools and reports to help members better understand their financial health and how to improve it. Using Credit Sesame is safe — it doesn’t hurt your credit score and does not require a credit card for its free membership option. Credit Sesame can help you save money on your credit card debt or loans by finding offers with lower interests.

Credit Sesame Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: May 12, 2020

Hi... Overall good experience. Not sure why but I paid all my credit card balances off about 1 month ago, You have me still owing $9000.00+ as a total balance when it is actually $0.00 balance. I owe no credit card money.. I paid them all off. Not sure how they update that, 1 bank did. The others have not according to your website information...they are not paid off...so once that is corrected and recorded my credit score should increase and the credit card grades should also increase/improve. Can you look into this and let me know? Thank you...Brian.

Get buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: March 27, 2020

My experience thus far with Credit Sesame has been "GREAT"! This is a wonderful tool to track and monitor your credit detailing available ways to increase your credit score including effective ways to accomplish your goal! Thanks for providing such a great consumer service.... Respectfully: Alton **

Credit Sesame response

Thanks Alton! And thanks for being a member! We are so glad that you enjoy the service.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Credit late dispute should be removed, dispute has been resolved with creditor and letter was sent to Credit B. So I would advise you to recheck information so you will remove negative impact concerning my report and sooner the better for all concerned.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I have been a member of Credit Sesame's free services for years now. I have recommended all my children to join it as well. I feel much more confident that someone is watching when my credit score changes, or some other credit event happens. I always quickly check to see that the activities are generated from my own actions when I receive a notice about a change in credit or an activity noted. By viewing the debt information, I realized I had accidentally taken a bank override loan from my bank. I was completely unaware that was accruing a balance owed until I noticed it on the credit sesame report. I get regular notices from them suggesting credit cards or refinancing options. I actually contacted Quicken loans and refinanced our home to a 15 year option due to one of their ads. For the most part I just delete the advertising and accept it as the payment I owe them for watching my credit. Great Service!

Hi Christy,

We are so happy to hear what a difference we have made in your life! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and thank you for being a valued member.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I have been a member with them awhile. They have help me understand my credit and are helping get on the right track again. They never treated me badly or made me feel worse than I already did. They encouraged me to stay focus and they would help me thru this bad point in credit history. We have a long way to go but at least I have better chance today of raising my score than I did before. If it weren't for Credit Sesame, keeping a close eye on my credit but also watch my kids at no extra fee. With all the identity theft nowadays, I know my kids are protected along with him.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you, Sabrina, for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear things are working out for you. We wish you the best of financial health and know that you will make your goals!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Good report helps me to decide on getting information to make a purchase or credit card offer, and about auto update. This report was about the update information on my 2013 Sonata, and the Blue Book, and Kelley on value for trade-in value, and possible downpayment, and amount that I could use for downpayment for a new car trade-in.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Thank you Credit Sesame for being precise and helping me be up to date with my credit. It nice to log in and know I am going to be provided with useful information. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Thank you for the information gathered from my credit history. It shows me what I need to do to improve my credit history and credit score. Now I'm deciding which of the products to purchase. The information was produced so quickly.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This company does a great job, been with them a long time. I would recommend them, they are very reliable. Give them a try and you will see what I mean. Don't take my word for it, try them yourself and see.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have Always Been With them for about 2 or 3 years and the score always been on point. Keep up the good work...I will recommend all my friends to Credit Sesame...I wish other companies be like them ....Thank you so much for always being there. Again Keep up The Great Job You Guys Are doing.

Credit Sesame Company Information