2.92/5
Based on 60 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 9, 2018

60 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have received a lot of emails from Credit Sesame promoting credit cards from their “partners” saying I have favorable approval odds to be approved. The one for Capital One said there was a good chance I will get approved with a green boarder. I already have a Capital One card with a good rating but thought they meant that I could get a second one. I thought I would use that to refinance a higher interest rate card. Not only was I not approved but the inquiry went against my credit score. I feel they lead you down the Primrose Path and in the end it actually lowers your credit rating. I would never have thought to apply for another card with Capital One on my own but because they advertised it as their “partner” and promote it in green as in go, I feel it’s deceptive and damaging.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I joined this website hoping to use it to help me rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy. I registered and started receiving emails that would not open. I tried resetting as they suggested with no success. So, I decided to cancel my membership without success. They won't cancel it but continue to send me emails that won't open! Please don't try this company!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I signed up with Credit Sesame to review/test it for real estate clients hoping to improve credit scores ahead of applying for a mortgage. Instead of encouraging me to pay down credit card balances and pay bills on time etc, I have been bombarded with "offer" emails every day. Each email wants me to sign up for new credit card, refi my house or worst of all... increase my credit so that it will be easier to shop. The email literally says "your shopping buddy is here".

I have unsubscribed 6x and emailed Credit Sesame asking them to stop. No joy. If you want to detrimentally affect your day and your credit score, then this site is for you. If you want to actually improve your credit score the best idea is to run screaming from any link to this site! Find someone who is working in YOUR best interests, instead of theirs. I find it despicable that a company would try to attract the people who need credit guidance the most and then prey on them like this.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I received an email telling me my credit score had dropped! I do not have a bad credit score, so I went to check what was going on, only to find myself locked out. The security question reset is not anything I would have ever chosen, and I do not know the answer. I emailed Credit Sesame and explained the problem. I have tried their help contact several times. Credit Sesame only responds with an opportunity to answer the same security question again. I have asked them just to delete my account - - no response. I just get the same computer generated response, which is of no help at all. I am concerned that someone has control of my account - - it sure is not me! I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and note several complaints like mine have been made. Beware before you sign up and give this company your information. Who knows who gets to use it - - it may not be you, and you may find you cannot access your account or cancel it.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I signed up thinking that I'll get my free credit score. Instead, I am inundated with frivolous email at least twice per day for services not welcomed. I have deleted my information and sent them multiple emails to curtail future emails. All of which has been unsuccessful. There is no customer service support and their email is super annoying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: March 24, 2018

Credit Sesame keeps telling me that my credit score would rise if I apply for another credit card. It recommends only difference cards that is from the same credit company. The card that is recommend is a card that I already have. No help there. They will not give me another card from their bank.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I tried to register and was told to email help@creditsesame.com on 2/17/18. It's now over a month later and guess what??? No reply!!! Probably a offshore sweatshop that doesn't care, BUT remember, this is your private credit information!!! I wouldn't do it!!!

Hi,

Sorry we let you down on the turntime. Seems like our email didn't make it to your email box. We'll be reaching out to you directly.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I signed up for this because I was promised I would get advice for helping to review and fix my credit score based on the report. The ONLY advice they give is an advertisement for a place called Lexington Law, for a "free consultation". This website is literally just a front for hiring this company to negotiate your credit on your behalf. It gave me no more information than Credit Karma and as far as I can see only checked one bureau while Credit Karma checks at least 2. Waste of an inquiry to my account.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have emailed Credit Sesame regarding being locked out of my account. I even reset my password like they requested and still cannot log in. I attached the error messages I have received every time I try to log in, Credit Sesame never acknowledged my email. This is two weeks. As of today and I still cannot access my account and I am unable to speak to a person because they do not have a number. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018 My wife and I signed up long ago. The site is pretty much useless... They simply try to keep pushing you to sign up for credit cards or refinance your home loan all so they can collect the referral fees. Also note they are serial spammers in a huge way. We have tried for the longest time to remove ourselves from their mailing list and it takes you through the process but never actually stops sending you crap emails. It will say you have been removed but don’t believe it for one second!

You have been warned.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I'm upset to learn that you all checked my credit score and it lowered my score. Other sites like IdentityIQ does not do this. It wasn't supposed to hurt my score by joining you. I am so upset I want to cry!

Hi Laura,

Signing up for Credit Sesame and regularly checking your credit information does not harm or change your credit score. Credit Sesame does what is known as a "soft inquiry" into your credit. Soft inquiries are never considered by either FICO or the Vantage 3.0 credit score that we offer our users on Credit Sesame.

When you apply for a credit card or loan you get what is known as a "hard inquiry". Hard inquiries do have some impact on your credit score although the impact is pretty minimal unless you repeatedly applying for multiple loans in a short period of time.

Regarding the change in your credit score, that is certainly related to some other change with respect to your credit data. We'd recommend that you check out the Credit Report Card feature in your Credit Sesame account to see the specific issues that are affecting yoru credit score. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

For months I've LOVED Credit Sesame. I've used their free site to watch my score climb and get valuable tips. I loved the service so much, and was serious about fixing my credit. I paid for the Premium account at $19.95. Three days ago, it came out of my account. No upgrade. I've emailed three times and sent a message to their Facebook page (which was read with no reply). I either want this fixed or my card refunded. I want to continue loving this service, but the poor customer service is ruining it for me and Credit Sesame. If something isn't done soon, I will contact BBB.

Credit Sesame response

It looks like there was a failure in the 3 bureau monitoring enrollment with your account. We've refunded the charge and discontinued the subscription while we research the error. Likely one of the three credit bureaus has different information for you. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Signed up for this and found out a "free" credit report costs $9.95. They recommended I could save $ by refinancing my home loan at a 4.75% rate. I currently have a 2.75% rate so really doubt I would save any $ if I refinanced. They try to get you to sign up for other credit cards which ultimately would lower your rate. They did give me the same score as Credit Karma did, but only for one company. Credit Karma will give you scores from 2 companies plus more information. Credit Sesame seems to be all about making them $. Don't bother with them... just sign up for Credit Karma which really is free.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I like that Credit Sesame frequently updates your credit score, your debt analysis and your monthly payments, your debt to income ratio. It gives you recommendations on how to improve your credit and it gives you a list of credit cards that you can apply for that you can build your credit up. However, when you have an inquiry that is posted on your credit report and you did not make that inquiry yourself, it takes a long time to get that inquiry taken off your credit report. You have to go through a lot of channels to get that taken off your report. There should be a shorter process to remove the inquiry. But other than that, my overall experience with the site is good. It also tells me my credit history and the dates on the most credit inquiries.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Credit Sesame and provide valuable feedback.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I like the credit score access, fico, and recommendations for improvement by Credit Sesame such as loans and credit cards which reflect good on my overall credit grade. It is very easy to use and understand, but they could add more resources for users such as how to consolidate debt and much quicker. The platform is nice, but the resources I feel are limited in some ways. Nevertheless, they're educational. I'm aware quickly of what to pay to change my grade and improvement for quick repair than usual time allotted. I feel I get more with Credit Sesame than others.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I like that I can get my credit report very quickly. I can get other options for rebuilding my credit, over time, including credit cards. This makes it very helpful if you are not sure what to do next or how to start to make your credit rating better. They check most of the major reporting sites for me. It was extremely easy to use Credit Sesame.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

What I like is they do a great job in letting me know what's going on with my credit score. They are a great trusting site. They are well informed and in the know - I would tell my friends to go to this site because my experience is always a good one. They are the best site around.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with the service Credit Sesame provide. I have been with this company a few years and I haven't had a bad experience. I like how they offer help to fix your credit. I also like how they keep you updated when something changes with your credit and they constantly send updates through your email. They make their website easy to understand to their customers and are willing to answer any questions you may have. They provide very accurate information. I also enjoy how they offer an app if you want to download to have easier access to your credit information.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Credit Sesame gives me my score from 2 out of 3 companies. It's free and updates my score about every week or so. It lists all my credit accounts and the amounts are very current and accurate. It lets me know if I have gone over my limit or missed a payment. It lists all of the places or people that have made inquiries into my credit. It gives advice on how to improve my score. It recommends loans and credit cards both preapproved and not preapproved. It lists anything that has gone to collection, shows any liens and lists previous addresses. I can check it as many times as I want to for free as opposed to writing Equifax, Experian or TransUnion for 1 free copy a year from all 3. It offers tools to calculate payments such as mortgage or auto and to calculate interest. It offers everything anyone would want or need that pertains to their credit and best of all its free.

Credit Sesame could improve by including all three credit reporting agencies rather than just two. Other than that, Credit Sesame is a wonderful site and tool for people. The site is easy to navigate. I like the way it breaks down the different components of your score such as credit, age, payment history, debt to income ratio etc. Every feature this site offers is useful and very helpful. I always have a great experience.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame! Glad you are enjoying the experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I liked the fact that they monitor your credit closely from identity theft to credit card lender applications to home or business loan lenders and alerts you of any changes immediately. I thought it was great. They also provide your scores and options on how to better it and they help you to find lenders based on your score. It offers a lot of options on building or rebuilding your credit. The site is very easy to use and very self explanatory. They all seem to follow the same set up which lays everything out for you. I still have an account that I'm able to look at my current credit status and would recommend it to anyone trying to improve and monitor their credit scores.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2017

this is an update to my previous review. they finally reached out to me (very helpful). there was a mismatch from my deleted account i created few years ago.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I emailed Credit Sesame many times over the past few weeks. No response. Nothing. I don't understand how they do business. Shame. Email is their only accepted contact form and still they do not respond. I was going to be a new customer but steer away!

Credit Sesame response

We are not finding any support requests or Credit Sesame accounts using the email address provided in this review. We'd be happy to investigate the case more if you could please email us at privacy@creditsesame.com and please provide a phone number so we can have an agent give you a call to resolve. We were able to work with the customer to resolve the problem. Member had an old account with a different email address that was conflicting with registration.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been locked out of my account for over a month and am only able to access one page of my profile. I have tried repeatedly to get assistance with this issue and have only ever gotten generic email responses directing me to the FAQ portion of the support center page. Due to the absolutely appalling customer service I've received, I've been tried to get my subscription cancelled for the last couple of weeks. I'm still getting no assistance from the support center. None of the "solutions" in the FAQ page will work for my situation because I am only able to access one page of my profile and the support center is refusing to acknowledge my problem.

To top it all off, I've been receiving excessive emails from Credit Sesame. I've clicked to unsubscribe from them every single time, and I'm still being harassed with them. There is no amount of compensation that I could receive that would ever make using your service in the future worth it. I want my subscription cancelled and once that has been successfully accomplished, I never want any future contact with your worthless company again!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I currently use this product and the information on the site is very clear. It alerts me to ANY change to my credit report including any changes to my scores. I have a way to update credit information very easily if things change but doesn't change on credit site end. However, I would have real-time credit card protection, like credit card fraud detections, identity theft, use of my social media accounts and identify to sign into anything else, etc.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

What I like about this site is you can look up your credit score instantly instead of going through other credit reporting agencies like Experian and with Credit Sesame, I can check my score as often as I like. The downside to these sights are giving out your personal information and social security number. How do I know if my information will be safe? I feel very uneasy about these sites because I don't know if they are that secure. The website has been good so far. I can check my credit score periodically to make sure there is no crazy activity so the site is good along those lines but I really need some assurances that my information is completely safe.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. For more information as to how we protect our members data, please see our security and privacy policy pages.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Both the site and their app is easy to use and to understand. Plenty of information is provided and broken down to show how everything affects your score. Scores are displayed in easy to find locations. However, it constantly advises applying for credit loans I do not qualify for, usually with false pre-approved indications. They also send way too many emails on a daily basis with "click bait" titles.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Credit Sesame is awesome! You can count on this site for up to date information for beginners or experts. It is accurate, free, fast and it gives me all information on creditors and how to improve my credit score but I don’t like the telemarketers you get at home after requesting information on credit repairs. I would recommend this site to anyone, especially newcomers.

Credit Sesame response

Glad you are enjoying your experience with Credit Sesame. Thank you for taking the time to provide this great review!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I like that Credit Sesame was direct and to the point. They got you directly to the score without messing around. I went on the site where it asked for my information regarding my name, address and social. Then it let me choose two of the three major credit reporting companies and then gave my numbers. Then, your number was explained so you could understand the numbers. But I wanted ideas and information on how to correct any negative credit and Credit Sesame did not offer that information.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Provides matches for users with lower scores to find credit card companies with high ratings and good approval rates to build credit scores up over time. Setup doesn't look exceedingly professional, the font and color scheme make it seem a little childish or immature feeling - could use a more professional appearance. Very easy to use without too much information given and lots of helpful information for score increases, very user friendly site and easy to navigate and understand.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have had an account with Credit Sesame for 2 or 3 years now. Recently I received a email from Credit Sesame stating I need to finish filling out my information. I sent Credit Sesame 2,3,4,5 emails with NO RESPONSE. I then contacted via Facebook and was told it was being fixed. Support contacted me after I contacted Facebook, said I do not have any account. I keep all of my emails from Credit Sesame to support with NO RESPONSE. I tried to log in today and now there my account is deleted and does not exist. The customer service and support for this company is flaky and questionable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Credit Sesame gathers information in which banks most rely on. They're easy to use and their technology is far above the others. Their identity theft protection is also very nice. However, I would make it more accessible and offer free credit reports twice a year instead of the once a year credit reports. I would like it to be more friendly towards people with bad credit. Other than that, it's a very easy to use site. The information in regards to credit scores is nice to have. I like how they do not require a credit card or monthly fee to get my credit score.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame! We appreciate the feedback.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information on your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

• Best for: anyone who wants to monitor their credit over time.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg