2.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

77 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I have been a subscriber for many years. Great site for access to your credit score, suggested ideas for financial improvement and ID protection. I even used one of their sponsors for a loan. I have suggested Credit Sesame to several friends whom have also signed up for the site.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for being a member and taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Definitely helps keep track of credit. Offers options that would not be aware of without its method of analysis. I would say this is the best tool available if you want to keep track of your credit. I would recommend this as the way to keep a handle on what is going on with your credit.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

When checking my credit score I was surprised to see how easy it was. Hope it is accurate. Will check back frequently. I have seen my score on a roller coaster ride but now it seemed to stabilize. Hope it continues higher.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I finally used Credit Sesame after hearing about it for years. This was sooo easy and extremely helpful. Now I know exactly what to do to increase my credit score. Thank you so much for making managing my credit super easy and explaining how each area impacts my score. I am extremely please with this service.

Credit Sesame response

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Credit Sesame!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Cancel my subscription and refund my money immediately back to my bank account. This is absolutely ridiculous. There's no contact numbers and my emails are not being replied to, I did however receive a confirmation email for when I canceled. So flipping cancel it and refund my money.

Hi Aeryale,

Our support team reached out to your regarding via email regarding the cancellation and the requested refund. We think this matter is resolved but if you have more questions, please contact our support team at help@creditsesame.com. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was skeptical as I always am with online companies offering free services. I was overjoyed, to say the least when at the end of my query there was my true score and no credit card to verify your age. Like more online FICO score companies do. Credit Sesame is truly FREE and I will be upgrading my membership with them to monitor my score for security purposes only. I recommend to Credit SESAME to everyone.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for the the nice review. Glad you are enjoying your experience at Credit Sesame!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I truly gain a lot of information using this website. I plan to use this website to improve my credit score. This website gave me valuable information that I plan to take and use. I now know the next steps to improve my credit score. My goal is to one day own my own house and sell the current house I have. Thank you.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. Go for those goals!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Anytime something changes with my credit score, Credit Sesame immediately informs me of the event, and they provide me with actions that enable me to impact my credit positively. This has been extremely helpful to me in re-establishing my credit.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

This is a very very great tool as it gives you real time information and if you can or not do the loan. It is a simple and super easy to navigate without having someone right away calling you and bugging you. Thank you Credit Sesame and Better.com. Awesome site. Congratulations.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. Glad you are enjoying your experience.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The Credit Sesame is helpful. They allow me to type in my password and then move onto discover my credit score. It is a lot more helpful than not to learn about my credit check! Thank you for allowing me to learn about it!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I had scores of 600, I followed their advice and opened a credit card (unsecured) that they suggested. One month later my score dropped almost 50 points. After the 2nd month I lost another 50 points! I get 10 plus emails from them every day trying to get me to open more cards. Clearly they running an affiliate program for the sole person of getting you to open cards so Credit Sesame gets their cut! Total scam ripping off people who are trying to build their credit.

Credit Sesame response

One newly open account is unlikely to have this type of impact on your credit score. Credit scores are complex and there are numerous issues that can negatively affect your score. If, for example, you opened a new credit card and immediately maxed out the card limit or went over limit, this could have a detrimental impact on your score. We generally do not recommend that you use any more than 30% of your available credit (i.e. credit limits). If you look at the My Credit page in your account, you should be able to see your grades for each of the important credit scoring area which generally can give you a good idea of the factors that are impacting your score. If you need assistance, you can reach out to our support team from our support center help.creditsesame.com. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I followed their advice and opened a new credit card. I didn't use one of the ones they promote, but that shouldn't matter. My Credit has been going down ever since. It makes me sick to my stomach to know my credit is getting worse and I have ABSOLUTELY no control. THEY DO NOT ANSWER EMAILS!!! I hope this review will at least stop one person from ruining their own credit.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The last few years I have been working very hard to get my credit score up with great success. Have paid off debt, opened a credit building credit card that is paid off every month (early!) etc. That being said when looking it said I had great approval odds for a Capital One card and I thought what the heck, I could use an emergency card or just another card to keep building my credit. Well guess what? Those great approval odds went out the window, I was denied and now have a hard inquiry on my credit. These people are a TOTAL scam, pretty sure they tell everyone that they have great approval odds when in fact they don't. Shame on this company, misleading and also damaging people's credit. Disgusting. If you want free credit monitoring there are other companies that are great and won't mislead you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Cancel my subscription and refund my money immediately back to my bank account. This is absolutely ridiculous. There's no contact numbers and my emails are not being replied to, I did however receive a confirmation email for when I cancelled. So flipping cancel it and refund my money.

Credit Sesame response

Reached out to consumer directly by phone to resolve.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Credit Sesame referred me to Advance Financial 24/7 as a good credit option for a loan. I missed a total of 2 payments and the loan doubled. I don't have any other option but to file Chapter 13. I cannot pay my mortgage with this inflated payment. I was put into this position following the advice of Credit Sesame who was supposed to be giving me good advice to increase my credit score.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I’m so upset that my credit score has gone down over 100 points since Credit Sesame was activated. They update your score randomly and when the credit usage goes up before the debt is paid in full the rating drops. They also penalize you for taking their advice to open credit cards then when you do you can’t use them or your credit score goes down again! So sad what happened to my credit score. Paying all the credit cards off and closing all accounts!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have unsubscribed more times than I can count and yet continue to get almost daily SPAM from Creditsesame.com. I'm logged into my account now and only have "Credit Monitoring" emails checked and continue to get emails constantly. Hopefully this will get someone's attention and get resolved. Otherwise, I will just cancel the account.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have received a lot of emails from Credit Sesame promoting credit cards from their “partners” saying I have favorable approval odds to be approved. The one for Capital One said there was a good chance I will get approved with a green boarder. I already have a Capital One card with a good rating but thought they meant that I could get a second one. I thought I would use that to refinance a higher interest rate card. Not only was I not approved but the inquiry went against my credit score. I feel they lead you down the Primrose Path and in the end it actually lowers your credit rating. I would never have thought to apply for another card with Capital One on my own but because they advertised it as their “partner” and promote it in green as in go, I feel it’s deceptive and damaging.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I joined this website hoping to use it to help me rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy. I registered and started receiving emails that would not open. I tried resetting as they suggested with no success. So, I decided to cancel my membership without success. They won't cancel it but continue to send me emails that won't open! Please don't try this company!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I signed up with Credit Sesame to review/test it for real estate clients hoping to improve credit scores ahead of applying for a mortgage. Instead of encouraging me to pay down credit card balances and pay bills on time etc, I have been bombarded with "offer" emails every day. Each email wants me to sign up for new credit card, refi my house or worst of all... increase my credit so that it will be easier to shop. The email literally says "your shopping buddy is here".

I have unsubscribed 6x and emailed Credit Sesame asking them to stop. No joy. If you want to detrimentally affect your day and your credit score, then this site is for you. If you want to actually improve your credit score the best idea is to run screaming from any link to this site! Find someone who is working in YOUR best interests, instead of theirs. I find it despicable that a company would try to attract the people who need credit guidance the most and then prey on them like this.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I received an email telling me my credit score had dropped! I do not have a bad credit score, so I went to check what was going on, only to find myself locked out. The security question reset is not anything I would have ever chosen, and I do not know the answer. I emailed Credit Sesame and explained the problem. I have tried their help contact several times. Credit Sesame only responds with an opportunity to answer the same security question again. I have asked them just to delete my account - - no response. I just get the same computer generated response, which is of no help at all. I am concerned that someone has control of my account - - it sure is not me! I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and note several complaints like mine have been made. Beware before you sign up and give this company your information. Who knows who gets to use it - - it may not be you, and you may find you cannot access your account or cancel it.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I signed up thinking that I'll get my free credit score. Instead, I am inundated with frivolous email at least twice per day for services not welcomed. I have deleted my information and sent them multiple emails to curtail future emails. All of which has been unsuccessful. There is no customer service support and their email is super annoying.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Credit Sesame keeps telling me that my credit score would rise if I apply for another credit card. It recommends only difference cards that is from the same credit company. The card that is recommend is a card that I already have. No help there. They will not give me another card from their bank.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I tried to register and was told to email help@creditsesame.com on 2/17/18. It's now over a month later and guess what??? No reply!!! Probably a offshore sweatshop that doesn't care, BUT remember, this is your private credit information!!! I wouldn't do it!!!

Hi,

Sorry we let you down on the turntime. Seems like our email didn't make it to your email box. We'll be reaching out to you directly.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I signed up for this because I was promised I would get advice for helping to review and fix my credit score based on the report. The ONLY advice they give is an advertisement for a place called Lexington Law, for a "free consultation". This website is literally just a front for hiring this company to negotiate your credit on your behalf. It gave me no more information than Credit Karma and as far as I can see only checked one bureau while Credit Karma checks at least 2. Waste of an inquiry to my account.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have emailed Credit Sesame regarding being locked out of my account. I even reset my password like they requested and still cannot log in. I attached the error messages I have received every time I try to log in, Credit Sesame never acknowledged my email. This is two weeks. As of today and I still cannot access my account and I am unable to speak to a person because they do not have a number. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My wife and I signed up long ago. The site is pretty much useless... They simply try to keep pushing you to sign up for credit cards or refinance your home loan all so they can collect the referral fees. Also note they are serial spammers in a huge way. We have tried for the longest time to remove ourselves from their mailing list and it takes you through the process but never actually stops sending you crap emails. It will say you have been removed but don’t believe it for one second!

You have been warned.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I'm upset to learn that you all checked my credit score and it lowered my score. Other sites like IdentityIQ does not do this. It wasn't supposed to hurt my score by joining you. I am so upset I want to cry!

Hi Laura,

Signing up for Credit Sesame and regularly checking your credit information does not harm or change your credit score. Credit Sesame does what is known as a "soft inquiry" into your credit. Soft inquiries are never considered by either FICO or the Vantage 3.0 credit score that we offer our users on Credit Sesame.

When you apply for a credit card or loan you get what is known as a "hard inquiry". Hard inquiries do have some impact on your credit score although the impact is pretty minimal unless you repeatedly applying for multiple loans in a short period of time.

Regarding the change in your credit score, that is certainly related to some other change with respect to your credit data. We'd recommend that you check out the Credit Report Card feature in your Credit Sesame account to see the specific issues that are affecting yoru credit score. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

For months I've LOVED Credit Sesame. I've used their free site to watch my score climb and get valuable tips. I loved the service so much, and was serious about fixing my credit. I paid for the Premium account at $19.95. Three days ago, it came out of my account. No upgrade. I've emailed three times and sent a message to their Facebook page (which was read with no reply). I either want this fixed or my card refunded. I want to continue loving this service, but the poor customer service is ruining it for me and Credit Sesame. If something isn't done soon, I will contact BBB.

Credit Sesame response

It looks like there was a failure in the 3 bureau monitoring enrollment with your account. We've refunded the charge and discontinued the subscription while we research the error. Likely one of the three credit bureaus has different information for you. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Signed up for this and found out a "free" credit report costs $9.95. They recommended I could save $ by refinancing my home loan at a 4.75% rate. I currently have a 2.75% rate so really doubt I would save any $ if I refinanced. They try to get you to sign up for other credit cards which ultimately would lower your rate. They did give me the same score as Credit Karma did, but only for one company. Credit Karma will give you scores from 2 companies plus more information. Credit Sesame seems to be all about making them $. Don't bother with them... just sign up for Credit Karma which really is free.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information on your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

• Best for: anyone who wants to monitor their credit over time.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg