It's that easy Request Information
4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

292 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 13, 2019

I'm not giving information as far as name and exact location. I only want to express information regarding my experience with Credit Sesame and THAT'S what matters. Before Credit Sesame, my credit score was 286 and falling. No one would give me credit or even consider my application. I signed up with Credit Sesame's FREE service and received my first credit card offer within 30 days. There was an annual fee for the card, but it was worth it to rebuild credit which hasn't existed for over 20 years. Now, I have several cards with limits upwards of $10,000 and some are cash back cards. The payments are low and I don't miss any. Even though due to travel my debt is high, I have the means to control them. As long as my payments are on time, My credit is good.

Credit Sesame sends me emails to let me know what is happening with my credit score, usage and debt. It also tells me how I can control my score by increasing my credit limits, reducing my spending and paying off the smaller limit cards. My credit score went from a 'don't even ask' score of 286 to a 'how much do you need' score of 723 within 9 months. Now my score has dropped because of vacation spending however, I never miss a payment and pay off the lower ones as Credit Sesame suggested.

I'm not telling you that you should grab every offer that comes your way. You should be cautious and picky. But, if have a credit score of 400 or less and your first offer is a low limit $300 card with an annual fee, take it.

BEST PRACTICES:

1. Make your payments on time.

2. NEVER max out your card.

3. Set up alerts for transactions you make; payments you make; balance due and payment due dates.

4. When you owe half of your card's limit, stop using it until you pay it off.

5. Some cards offer credit increases after you make a certain amount of PAYMENTS ON TIME. Accept these increases, but only spend one-fourth of your limit and pay it off. This will keep you in good standing and afford you time to repay it if you have an emergency.

6. If you have the cash, don't use the card. Splurging can get you in trouble.

7. Pay your bill at least one week before it is due. That not only gives your creditor time to receive the payment, but it also keeps it from being late. This strengthens your payment history and if you do have to make a late payment, your consistent before-due payment history MAY help you to get your late fee waived (though this is NOT a guarantee).

8. Check your due dates. Example: If you make a payment on January 1st and your due date hasn't changed when you check it on January 15th, DO NOT make a payment until your new due date is shown unless you are paying it off. Any payment made before that date changes, is going to count within the same payment cycle as your previous payment. So you will still have a payment due the following month.

9. A lot of creditors reference a 'Billing Cycle'. These are the dates they use to calculate your amounts due and due date. This cycle does not necessarily mean your payments will be the same amount or due on the same day every month. WATCH YOUR DUE DATES CAREFULLY. I suggest checking them every 7 days.

Credit Sesame can get you started, but it's up to you to be responsible. I can't stress enough how important it is for your payments to be made on time if not before time. I recommend Credit Sesame to ANYONE who needs help. Listen/read/follow the advice they offer that fits YOUR needs. Don't expect a miracle and don't give up. Do what you need to make it work for you. I hope this helps. This review is based on my personal experience and is NOT a guarantee that it would work the same for you.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have recommended this monitoring service to many friends and probably 30+ have downloaded. For a new user however it can be a bit confusing between advertised options and the actual portal's tips for improving credit. Example: someone opens the page and sees 4 credit cards to get, they click on the top one and secure it to improve their credit thinking it's a genuine recommendation; sometime it is not. The option did not fall in line with tips but just a splash page for Credit Sesame to generate revenue. (No issues here, I understand how the cookie crumbles and you have overhead hence the free service) Maybe spend a little more time integrating the platform with adverts with actual tips for the layman and it may be prosperous. Other than that it is a great tool for the INTERMEDIATE user. Kindest regards, Gene.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I tried this to enter in the Newspaper interview but something failed and I lost the page. Credit Sesame has given me a confident sense of control over my credit. As I see the actions and activity that impact my credit change my standing, it helps me make better decisions on my finances. Having this tool has helped me reduce my debt, increase my score and gave me the initiative to make a plan to meet goals I may not have otherwise done without having this as a path to guide me. Working with mortgage customers looking to improve their ability to borrow, I have many times steered them to Credit Sesame with my own personal experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Although my FICO already is >800, an article "How to Increase Your Credit Score to 800 and Above" by Lyn ** referred to Credit Sesame as a free source of information about the Vantage Score. The site is quite detailed and specific to my facts, so I learned that my only non-A rating is for Credit Mix. Since I paid cash for my last car, at the age of 73 I may have to take out a student loan; or, just be satisfied with my current >800 Vantage Score.

It helps my Age of Credit History that my Oldest Open Account is 31 years, but the one thing I learned when I first signed up for electronic banking is to use the auto-pay feature to make payments on time. I have not written a paper check in a decade and I average about one USPS money order a year. I had some idea of what goes into a credit score, but Credit Sesame explains it in great detail. For example, I realized I could lower my reported Credit Usage by making an extra mid-month pre-payment to a heavily used credit card, which seems to have increased my score by 10 points.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I signed up with CreditSesame.com after my credit took a nose dive due to my divorce. I needed some way to work on my credit and be able to see exactly what was going on. Enter Credit Sesame, the best tool I have ever seen for improving your credit score and tracking it. Credit Sesame allowed me to get organized. First I reviewed ALL of my financial information so I could gain an understanding of how I got to where I was. Then, I made changes to my behaviors, credit card choices, and payments which slowly improved my credit score nearly 200 points. I would recommend Credit Sesame to anyone who is serious about getting a handle on their credit score. It's so important and you must give your score TLC at all times! Proceed with no fear!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: July 19, 2019

The best free services available that are comprehensive, extensive, and truly a significant help. Their services help me stay on top of my credit profile daily and make you care more about your credit profile. I can't say enough good things about Credit Sesame.

Original review: July 17, 2019

200 I'm not very good w/ A computer yet and the man I spoke with was VERY HELPFUL In walking me through my App. w/ Credit Sesame and was Very pleased with the results!! I would recommend credit sesame to any of my friends!! I'm not going to write A book about It If that's what you're asking? The man I spoke with was very helpful & cool to talk me through It!!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

My experience with Credit Sesame has been great! I had been plodding along making monthly payments to creditors, and then Credit Sesame found me. I did not understand the importance of a credit score, and did not know there was anything I could do to improve my miserable score. Thank you to Credit Sesame for arming me with financial knowledge and giving me an occasional pat on the back when my score goes up a bit. I don't always understand the suggestions they make, i.e. why does getting a new credit card improve my score? But now, I follow their suggestions and my score is improving. It is certainly satisfying.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Your odds were perfect. I got a Citi card with $7k limit just for applying. I wasn't expecting more than $2k. Plus, the personal loan you suggested was approved in less than 24 hours at a very competitive APR. Very happy.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Would like to recommend Credit Sesame for monitoring and alerting me on my account for activities on my social sec#, never detected by other monitoring services. Thanks so much for doing that. Also, I like their updating me for what to do now that I have achieved a level in my credit score like maintaining it or boosting it.

Original review: July 15, 2019

This website is very friendly, easy tabs, easy break down to make it easy to understand your credit report, very accurate, there is also a tab for Alert that advises you when there's a change in your credit report, and it does tell you what to do to improve your credit report.

Original review: July 14, 2019

The app is easy to access and the direction are simple and right to the point. I was able to access my credit score in about 3 minutes, and it is free. It gives information that will be helpful building your credit score.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Credit Sesame is extremely useful in giving you a clear view of your total debt and credit. On top of that, it's free. It helped me figure out what I owed and to whom, what the amounts are, and how much interest I'm paying. When you have all of that info on one consolidated screen, it gives a great picture of your total debt and lets you figure out a plan to reduce it and increase your credit score.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I found this site to be easy to both understand and navigate. I also found it very helpful. I did get more information than I needed, but that is a good thing; I found that the extra information furthered my understanding.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I was skeptical at first about providing my personal information but it has been really a great source to keep up with hits to my credit score both good and bad. Instead of not knowing at all as was my previous experience when I would apply for credit now I have confidence &/or the ability to discuss with a potential lender.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Everything that I need to know about my credit score, my credit and my accounts is all in one place which makes it convenient. I plan to revisit this email to look at future possibilities of how to improve my credit score.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This company has helped me understand credit, help me in credit utilization, it has been one of the greatest experiences I have encountered with a company I found online. So far everything they have suggested has worked for me.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have enjoyed using a free account with Credit Sesame to track my FICO score and the variable factors in the "credit game". They provide me with frequent email recommendations for credit cards to apply for. Since I am periodically adding a card to build up my line of credit I appreciate their information. I find that their FICO scoring system is reasonably close to what the real scores are. I recommend that anyone open and use a free account with them.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The recommendations Credit Sesame gives are customized to my credit profile. Every step they have recommended to increase my credit score has done just that. My score has improved dramatically since I started using Credit Sesame... and it's free!! I am so happy with Credit Sesame, I recommended it to my husband, and he made the switch from using the karma service to Credit Sesame.

Original review: June 28, 2019

It's ok many parts, but it's late on time. I have a daily account on my notes and we have a big difference between these numbers and my. The loan students is too high, the percent is different. It's not real at all.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Thank you for your help and advice. I learned a lot about my credit. This is a good service. I will recommend to my friends and relatives. This is all that I can think of to say - so I will just say thank you again.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have nothing but good things to say about Credit Sesame. It has helped me monitor and work on my credit ratings by following some of their suggestions. I would highly recommend this site if you are in need to improve your credit rating.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Response was fast and accurate. It showed no bad marks on my credit so there was no info on how to improve it. I guess I can raise my score by applying for more credit. A higher available credit makes you debt less percent.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I love this Credit program that you have available because it helps me keep me in control of my credit score and to maintain all of my credit cards that I am currently using, and keeps me mindful not to overspend or buy things that I really do not need. Thank you Credit Sesame.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Before Credit Sesame, I knew very little about how the impact of certain transactions affected the your credit score. Because of Credit Sesame, I try very hard to make sure certain things such as late payments and charge offs steer clear from my credit report, the extra effort of calling a creditor and making a payment is well worth it. So much knowledge and understanding of my credit score I have received from Credit Sesame, I tell my entire family about it, sign up, get those alerts, it is worth the effort, it is worth your credit score.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I hope you keep the service free of charge and that the credit score you provide is as accurate as possible. Also you can provide some general hits or other services that can help people like me improve their credit score in 6 months or more in order to buy a house. Thank you.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Nothing more to say. Thanks for updating my credit. Thanks again! You are right on the money with me. Keep it up! When there is any problem I will contact you for advice. So, have a great day and every day!

Original review: June 16, 2019

I wasn't notified of the overage to this credit card. I immediately made a payment significantly greater than the minimum pay required by July 5, 2019. Hopefully the creditor will remove the complaint listed on my credit report. Thank you for advising me.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I love this site, very helpful and accurate. Mostly it's free, sends me alerts and keeps me update. I recommend to all my friends. I've been using this for years, got most of my credit card recommendations from this site.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I use this and it's almost always the most accurate. They have great services and easy to fill out credit card applications. I would definitely share this site with all my friends and family. I will continue to use this site for all my credit needs. I hope others do too.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg