3.84/5
  • 1 star
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 25, 2017

48 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I like that Credit Sesame frequently updates your credit score, your debt analysis and your monthly payments, your debt to income ratio. It gives you recommendations on how to improve your credit and it gives you a list of credit cards that you can apply for that you can build your credit up. However, when you have an inquiry that is posted on your credit report and you did not make that inquiry yourself, it takes a long time to get that inquiry taken off your credit report. You have to go through a lot of channels to get that taken off your report. There should be a shorter process to remove the inquiry. But other than that, my overall experience with the site is good. It also tells me my credit history and the dates on the most credit inquiries.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Credit Sesame and provide valuable feedback.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I like the credit score access, fico, and recommendations for improvement by Credit Sesame such as loans and credit cards which reflect good on my overall credit grade. It is very easy to use and understand, but they could add more resources for users such as how to consolidate debt and much quicker. The platform is nice, but the resources I feel are limited in some ways. Nevertheless, they're educational. I'm aware quickly of what to pay to change my grade and improvement for quick repair than usual time allotted. I feel I get more with Credit Sesame than others.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I like The free credit report that Credit Sesame offers. They have many great features and the information they provide is very helpful. Also other options are available besides credit score. I have had a great overall experience with Credit Sesame. Their website was very informative and easy to find the information you needed to get and track your credit score.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I like that I can get my credit report very quickly. I can get other options for rebuilding my credit, over time, including credit cards. This makes it very helpful if you are not sure what to do next or how to start to make your credit rating better. They check most of the major reporting sites for me. It was extremely easy to use Credit Sesame.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

What I like is they do a great job in letting me know what's going on with my credit score. They are a great trusting site. They are well informed and in the know - I would tell my friends to go to this site because my experience is always a good one. They are the best site around.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with the service Credit Sesame provide. I have been with this company a few years and I haven't had a bad experience. I like how they offer help to fix your credit. I also like how they keep you updated when something changes with your credit and they constantly send updates through your email. They make their website easy to understand to their customers and are willing to answer any questions you may have. They provide very accurate information. I also enjoy how they offer an app if you want to download to have easier access to your credit information.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Credit Sesame gives me my score from 2 out of 3 companies. It's free and updates my score about every week or so. It lists all my credit accounts and the amounts are very current and accurate. It lets me know if I have gone over my limit or missed a payment. It lists all of the places or people that have made inquiries into my credit. It gives advice on how to improve my score. It recommends loans and credit cards both preapproved and not preapproved. It lists anything that has gone to collection, shows any liens and lists previous addresses. I can check it as many times as I want to for free as opposed to writing Equifax, Experian or TransUnion for 1 free copy a year from all 3. It offers tools to calculate payments such as mortgage or auto and to calculate interest. It offers everything anyone would want or need that pertains to their credit and best of all its free.

Credit Sesame could improve by including all three credit reporting agencies rather than just two. Other than that, Credit Sesame is a wonderful site and tool for people. The site is easy to navigate. I like the way it breaks down the different components of your score such as credit, age, payment history, debt to income ratio etc. Every feature this site offers is useful and very helpful. I always have a great experience.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame! Glad you are enjoying the experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I liked the fact that they monitor your credit closely from identity theft to credit card lender applications to home or business loan lenders and alerts you of any changes immediately. I thought it was great. They also provide your scores and options on how to better it and they help you to find lenders based on your score. It offers a lot of options on building or rebuilding your credit. The site is very easy to use and very self explanatory. They all seem to follow the same set up which lays everything out for you. I still have an account that I'm able to look at my current credit status and would recommend it to anyone trying to improve and monitor their credit scores.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2017

this is an update to my previous review. they finally reached out to me (very helpful). there was a mismatch from my deleted account i created few years ago.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I emailed Credit Sesame many times over the past few weeks. No response. Nothing. I don't understand how they do business. Shame. Email is their only accepted contact form and still they do not respond. I was going to be a new customer but steer away!

Credit Sesame response

We are not finding any support requests or Credit Sesame accounts using the email address provided in this review. We'd be happy to investigate the case more if you could please email us at privacy@creditsesame.com and please provide a phone number so we can have an agent give you a call to resolve. We were able to work with the customer to resolve the problem. Member had an old account with a different email address that was conflicting with registration.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been locked out of my account for over a month and am only able to access one page of my profile. I have tried repeatedly to get assistance with this issue and have only ever gotten generic email responses directing me to the FAQ portion of the support center page. Due to the absolutely appalling customer service I've received, I've been tried to get my subscription cancelled for the last couple of weeks. I'm still getting no assistance from the support center. None of the "solutions" in the FAQ page will work for my situation because I am only able to access one page of my profile and the support center is refusing to acknowledge my problem.

To top it all off, I've been receiving excessive emails from Credit Sesame. I've clicked to unsubscribe from them every single time, and I'm still being harassed with them. There is no amount of compensation that I could receive that would ever make using your service in the future worth it. I want my subscription cancelled and once that has been successfully accomplished, I never want any future contact with your worthless company again!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I currently use this product and the information on the site is very clear. It alerts me to ANY change to my credit report including any changes to my scores. I have a way to update credit information very easily if things change but doesn't change on credit site end. However, I would have real-time credit card protection, like credit card fraud detections, identity theft, use of my social media accounts and identify to sign into anything else, etc.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like that it's free but for some reason they couldn't find me under 3 addresses and 2 names. Tried many times and eventually gave up.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

What I like about this site is you can look up your credit score instantly instead of going through other credit reporting agencies like Experian and with Credit Sesame, I can check my score as often as I like. The downside to these sights are giving out your personal information and social security number. How do I know if my information will be safe? I feel very uneasy about these sites because I don't know if they are that secure. The website has been good so far. I can check my credit score periodically to make sure there is no crazy activity so the site is good along those lines but I really need some assurances that my information is completely safe.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. For more information as to how we protect our members data, please see our security and privacy policy pages.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Both the site and their app is easy to use and to understand. Plenty of information is provided and broken down to show how everything affects your score. Scores are displayed in easy to find locations. However, it constantly advises applying for credit loans I do not qualify for, usually with false pre-approved indications. They also send way too many emails on a daily basis with "click bait" titles.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Credit Sesame is awesome! You can count on this site for up to date information for beginners or experts. It is accurate, free, fast and it gives me all information on creditors and how to improve my credit score but I don’t like the telemarketers you get at home after requesting information on credit repairs. I would recommend this site to anyone, especially newcomers.

Credit Sesame response

Glad you are enjoying your experience with Credit Sesame. Thank you for taking the time to provide this great review!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I like that Credit Sesame was direct and to the point. They got you directly to the score without messing around. I went on the site where it asked for my information regarding my name, address and social. Then it let me choose two of the three major credit reporting companies and then gave my numbers. Then, your number was explained so you could understand the numbers. But I wanted ideas and information on how to correct any negative credit and Credit Sesame did not offer that information.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Provides matches for users with lower scores to find credit card companies with high ratings and good approval rates to build credit scores up over time. Setup doesn't look exceedingly professional, the font and color scheme make it seem a little childish or immature feeling - could use a more professional appearance. Very easy to use without too much information given and lots of helpful information for score increases, very user friendly site and easy to navigate and understand.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have had an account with Credit Sesame for 2 or 3 years now. Recently I received a email from Credit Sesame stating I need to finish filling out my information. I sent Credit Sesame 2,3,4,5 emails with NO RESPONSE. I then contacted via Facebook and was told it was being fixed. Support contacted me after I contacted Facebook, said I do not have any account. I keep all of my emails from Credit Sesame to support with NO RESPONSE. I tried to log in today and now there my account is deleted and does not exist. The customer service and support for this company is flaky and questionable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Credit Sesame gathers information in which banks most rely on. They're easy to use and their technology is far above the others. Their identity theft protection is also very nice. However, I would make it more accessible and offer free credit reports twice a year instead of the once a year credit reports. I would like it to be more friendly towards people with bad credit. Other than that, it's a very easy to use site. The information in regards to credit scores is nice to have. I like how they do not require a credit card or monthly fee to get my credit score.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Credit Sesame provides accurate reporting along with quality information that enables the user to choose between a variety of ways provided to help improve your credit score. They also provide aid in removing negative remarks from your credit report. The Credit Sesame site easy to understand and navigate. The information provided is explained in simple terms and offers a variety of choices on credit repair. I have used Credit Sesame for over a year and have not had any problems with the site, the information provided or security of my information.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This was an easy and quick site to use for a credit check, also gave ideas on how to improve my credit or dispute some items. Not confusing and straight forward. The information given was fair but could have included a few more details and explanation. I would include the score to improve the site a little more. Perhaps give a few more details and information about the negative entries, or contact phone numbers to the creditors. Overall I was satisfied with the site considering it is free with no strings attached and no annoying spam emails afterwards. Loved it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'm sort of confused about this service because I originally signed up for it to maintain my 800 credit score... it's been 1 month and it's gone down 50 points already. Please cancel my subscription if you read this!

Credit Sesame response

I do see that you contacted our member success team today and they did set your subscription to cancel at the end of your current subscription period. Sorry, you didn't have a better first experience. We'll reach out to you individually to see if we can help you understand the movement in your credit score. 50 points is an unusually large movement if you haven't had any major changes in your credit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The service was great when I could log in. But I misentered my email. I have contacted them via their email about the problem, however, there is no posted phone number... except a scam one, and I have not received a responsible fix the problem. The scam number tries to get you to sign up for services and hangs up if you won't!

Credit Sesame response

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. As explained in our support center, all of our support requests are handled through email so our support team can be as efficient as possible and track issues with tickets. Unfortunately, in your case we were not able to identify your account because we don't find any account for you in our system like due to the mistyped email address. We'll reach out to you individually by email so we can get in contact you to resolve this matter. We'd also like to know where you saw that scam phone number, sometimes users have reported similar inaccurate numbers coming up in Google searches for our number.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The site is easy to use and contains relevant info. I like the different categories as well as the categories that tell how your score got that way. The features that I found useful were the credit card information on the website. The site included information as to why your credit score changes almost monthly. It was interesting to see the data that was included in your credit report. It was well-organized and was easy to locate relevant information. The information was well written as well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Credit Sesame is a powerful site that gives tips, great ideas and details. Simple and not hard at all. Very moderate, discreet and good at giving support. More tips are needed to improve poor or fair credit scores. We need more customer support. Easy to use, understandable, easy information input. Appreciative of customers and their response is ok but could be improved.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking to time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

It has an easy interface and I also like the way it tells you all the reports your account has. I love the way it looks and very easy to understand how to fix your credit. I dont like All the advertisements for credit cards. It gets on my nerves. I understand thats how they make money but sometimes it gets to be too much. I love the site but it's getting too cluttered. At a glance my overall satisfaction is about a 8. Due to the ads I had to pull it off a 10 but overall this is an awesome site.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I like Credit Sesame because I get automatic updates of summaries related to my credit, including credit cards that apply to people with my credit score. It was recommended by several of the credit report sites that I researched. Sometimes I get messages that don't apply to my credit history or pertain to me at all. It would be more of an attractive service to have if these were omitted. It was easy to join and makes feel like I have another advantage in my quest to improve my credit rating.

Credit Sesame response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I liked how they have financial advisors to counsel with you and give you advice on how to raise your credit score. They really seem to work hard to help you do everything possible to improve your credit score. Credit Sesame provided me with an advisor that knew what he was talking about and that was able to explain things to me in a way that I could understand. I felt very comfortable talking with the advisor. He was very helpful and professional. He even called me back to let me know of some more information he thought would be helpful to me.

I didn't like the fact that they had all of my personal information and access to my accounts but you have to give the information if you want your score or help raising your score. My overall experience was a positive one. I would definitely recommend Credit Sesame to others who need help or want advice about their credit score. I trust Credit Sesame and felt like they really tried to help me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like that they allow you to view your credit score for free every month and that they always give you consistent updates on your score increases and/or decreases so that you are always on top of thing. I wish they would allow you to view your credit report without upgrading to a paid service. It is unfair to charge for something that I can access for free on an annual basis. The information is mine, anyway. Why should I have to pay for it? But it is very easy to navigate through the website, I like that. Plus, I never have any problems finding exactly what it is that I need or want on their website. Customer service is very friendly and I like the online environment. I do wish that I wouldn't be constantly bombarded with credit cards, however.

Thank you for taking the time to review Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The website is easy to navigate and appealing to the eye. Password and username retrieval is easy. Accuracy is great, every time I’ve double checked their information it has been correct. You receive notifications if any change to your score happens. Any delinquencies are accurately portrayed. History of your credit with different creditors is up to date. Any hits or inquiries of your credit report are provided to you through notifications. Discrepancies are easy to report. I’m able to get any errors corrected by contacting them and providing information needed from a credit bureau to prove.

Credit score is updated monthly. The score could be the exact as on another website but one site considers the score good, while another considers it fair. Some aspects of credit bureau reporting take time to get updated on the site. It would be nice to get actual TransUnion and Experian scores. Customer satisfaction seems to be a priority. Get offers to various credit cards, as well as your expected approval odds for those cards.

Credit Sesame Company Information