3.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Credit Sesame believes in giving consumers the tools to access the details of their financial information through free credit report monitoring.

By having more insight into your credit score through our tools and daily monitoring alerts, you are enabled to make smarter financial decisions. We'll help you identify areas on your credit report that could use additional attention, like when you are overpaying on loans or credit cards or when there is a change to your home value. Visit our website today to find out how you can be on your way to financial freedom.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

113 Credit Sesame Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been working with Credit Sesame for over 2 years and I don't think I would be where I am today if it weren't for this website. I started with little to no credit! In just 2 years I'm in the mid 700's. It's a great help to view what's going on with your credit on a daily, monthly or even quarterly basis. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I am getting a little tired of all the advertising promotional emails I get from Credit Sesame. I do not need a mortgage as my home is paid in full. I do not need an installment loan at 25% interest. My FICO credit scores in 2010 ranged from a low of 770 to a high of 805. I had some serious health issues in late 2011 into 2012 and had a wrongful foreclosure from Wells Fargo (don't get me started on WF) in 2013-2014 and my scores plunged. I lost my $750,000 home, tried to overturn the Sheriff Sale and was eventually evicted.

My wife died this past March after a 27 month bout with cancer that metastasized. I was in a fog of grief for months. I have been rebuilding my credit and no thanks to Credit Sesame. My scored have come back from the mid 500s up to the high 600s and low 700s. I do not need Credit Sesame to recommend financing options for me. They are getting paid to refer you to their financial partners. That is how they get paid and how you get a not so accurate score for free. I find the site has some good points. However, you get what you pay for and do not expect a lot for free.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I would like to compliment your website for the ease and the accuracy with which I was able check my credit and profile info. Thanks for providing this professional and thorough service. I will be utilizing this site in the future for sure.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was just told about this site and I set up an account. The amount of information you have at your fingertips is amazing! This site is very helpful, and I look forward to using this as a resource for a long time to come. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Credit Sesame is very easy to use and understand. Very helpful to keep up with changes in your credit score as well as giving usable advice. I have used it on various occasions and I am always glad to have access to such a useful tool.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Sesame?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I use this application along with other tools in my credit management collection. The Sesame team and their application, have helped me track my numbers and gives me valuable information that helps me in making vital decisions on maintaining and improving my credit score. I will definitely recommend this app to my business partners and friends. It's a good product.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Love how easy it is to understand all of the credit recommendations and how easy it is to navigate your website. I always recommend Credit Karma to my family and friends. This is another way to monitor and maintain your credit.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I completely stopped using my credit when I had a job loss a few years ago. Now trying to rebuild my credit, I was looking for more than the bland information provided by Credit Karma, I downloaded this app. Even worse, I listened to it. After a few "how to build your credit" emails, I decided to apply for a credit card they keep insisting I apply for. Sure enough, I was declined. This will now haunt me for 2 years. Credit Karma may be bland on information, but are more straightforward when helping make decisions on what to apply for. I'll be deleting this app and sticking with Credit Karma before I damage my credit further by listening to false hope offers from these guys.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I'm always checking my credit score with Credit Sesame. I enjoy their website. It's easy to use and informative. Thank you Credit Sesame! Credit Sesame shows you your current and future credit scores either good or bad as in going up or down. They also show you credit cards that you qualify for as well as personal and other loans.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I like the fact that Credit Sesame makes credit so much easier to understand. The credit reports are much more current and progress has been noted. That's very important as we just bought a home in Portland, Oregon using my VA Loan.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I really like your service. I have been able to improve our credit score in just a few weeks. I'm looking forward to improving even more. We will look into a new credit card you're recommending, to raise our score to very good. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Look at updates every month and like to see how I'm doing from month to month. I only wish I could update more than once a month for free. I also like the additional features and credit education info the site has to offer.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The cards that you have shown are great. I'm still looking for my best value. I'm not rushing it, I want something that will help me increase my scores and hopefully get me a house that my wife and I can live in (we lost our last one, thanks to Obama care).

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I was offered a free credit score check and took the offer. I wanted to see where I stood. I've been trying to build my score and paying things off as fast as I can without putting my household in a bind. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Credit Sesame is a terrific way to monitor your credit. Its site is well-designed and easy to use. It clearly states how your credit is determined, the weight of each category that affects your credit and it offers suggestions as to how you can improve your score. It's tremendously helpful to be able to see your credit usage laid out clearly and all in one place. So different from the credit score companies that have no transparency whatsoever.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Found out about Credit Sesame a few years ago, by using your advice and paying attention to it, I have learned much about credit and followed your advice on how to manage credit. I am very pleased with your service and it has served me well.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I am a new subscriber. The process was easy to do. The information appears to be accurate. The recommendations make good financial sense. I even was able to check to see if I could pre-qualify for a loan. So far I am very impressed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Thank so much for offering as great services. This site is very helpful. I would refer this web site to all of my family and friends. This is a great please to start for anyone wanting to improve their credit score.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Thank you for keeping me up to date on my credit. Emailing me when anything changes, including payoffs or new accounts opening, I give this company an A+++ rating. I definitely recommend this site, not only to a friend, but to anyone that wants to stay up to date on their credit and finances.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Although my FICO already is >800, an article "How to Increase Your Credit Score to 800 and Above" by Lyn ** referred to Credit Sesame as a free source of information about the Vantage Score. The site is quite detailed and specific to my facts, so I learned that my only non-A rating is for Credit Mix. Since I paid cash for my last car, at the age of 73 I may have to take out a student loan; or, just be satisfied with my current >800 Vantage Score.

It helps my Age of Credit History that my Oldest Open Account is 31 years, but the one thing I learned when I first signed up for electronic banking is to use the auto-pay feature to make payments on time. I have not written a paper check in a decade and I average about one USPS money order a year. I had some idea of what goes into a credit score, but Credit Sesame explains it in great detail. For example, I realized I could lower my reported Credit Usage by making an extra mid-month pre-payment to a heavily used credit card, which seems to have increased my score by 10 points.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I like the site a lot, but it seems like a place to shop for credit cards. I don’t want any more credit cards. I wish it could help with what I have now. I wish it had a place where you could input different scenarios and see how those changes would affect your score.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Signing up was very quick and easy. I especially like the suggestions about the recommendations of the best credit cards to choose and information about each. I will check my score from time to time if I decide to get another card. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Very easy and helpful to use to check my credit and loan balances all around, I have used Credit Sesame for a while now and recommended to anyone. Thank you for this free service and hope other people use you as well.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I started using Credit Sesame recently to get a better understanding of my credit score and what was affecting it. I have been very happy with the service. The site is very easy to understand and even makes suggestions based upon my credit. I would totally recommend Credit Sesame to my friends and family. It is very useful to gain a better understanding of where your credit stands and this is a great way to start!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have consistently been able to increase my credit score for the past 5 months because of the information provided by your service. As a direct result I have a better credit foundation and have been able to receive better interest rates and opportunities I would not otherwise had with a lower score.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I signed up with CreditSesame.com after my credit took a nose dive due to my divorce. I needed some way to work on my credit and be able to see exactly what was going on. Enter Credit Sesame, the best tool I have ever seen for improving your credit score and tracking it. Credit Sesame allowed me to get organized. First I reviewed ALL of my financial information so I could gain an understanding of how I got to where I was. Then, I made changes to my behaviors, credit card choices, and payments which slowly improved my credit score nearly 200 points. I would recommend Credit Sesame to anyone who is serious about getting a handle on their credit score. It's so important and you must give your score TLC at all times! Proceed with no fear!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

It took me less than five minutes to add my information. It did not ask for my credit/debit card and it was absolutely free! This is an excellent way to visualize your debt vs your income and a way to get organized. It helped me prioritize the best steps for me to improve my credit score! I totally recommend using Credit Sesame!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I went to Credit Sesame.com and requested my credit score. I was guided through the whole process with prompt and easy to follow instructions. I got my score and information on how to improve areas of my credit. Very informative and helpful, and best of all it was free!!! I'm very pleased with this experience!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was able to get back into my account with ease. I am thankful for that. Thank you. Another credit site shut me out and I couldn't get back in. This site is so good and I suggest everyone use it. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

You are sad. I now have two inquiries. I did what you said to do and I got turned down. Yes I know you don't guarantee approval but the help of the advice I got is what I did and I shouldn't have. I had very good odds one time. Went back to the site and it said fair odds on the same card. You guys are frauds and everyday I wake up and I will write a bad review on anything I can find. I promise you that is very good odds.

Credit Sesame expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credit Sesame is a credit and loan management company. It offers a free credit monitoring service with monthly credit reports, charts to track your financial health over time, identity theft protection and more. You can also use the service to set financial goals and track your home value.

• Free credit score: You can use Credit Sesame to get a free credit score each month. It takes just 90 seconds to sign up and receive your score through their website.

• Real-time monitoring: Credit Sesame monitors your credit report and sends you alerts if there’s a change. You can also receive alerts if there’s a change in your home value.

• Credit and loan management: Unlike some credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame includes information about your credit cards and loans in your credit report and helps you identify better options.

• Trending charts: Every month, Credit Sesame compiles all your information in a helpful chart so you can see how your financial health is changing over time. The trending chart includes information on your credit score, credit ratios, loan payments and interest rates.

• Free identity theft protection: In addition to credit monitoring services, Credit Sesame offers $50,000 in identity theft insurance for free. They will even help you straighten things out if you are the victim of identity fraud.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg