toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you have peace of mind. We value you as a member.

Sr Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock Inc

Original review: April 7, 2017

There have been a few times since having LifeLock that I have made a change to one of my accounts or opened an account. Immediately I have received an alert which asked me whether it was me that did this. I was so impressed that LifeLock would pick up on this activity so fast and notify me. Luckily, it was me each time and I couldn't help thinking how fortunate that I had LifeLock because it might not have been me and I would never have known the difference until it was too late.

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock

Thank you for being a valued member. If you need assistance or have questions you can contact Member Services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-LIFELOCK (543-3562)

Lifelock (a Symantec Co)

Original review: July 16, 2017

Hello to the great representatives of the LifeLock program. I am excited to be a member of LifeLock. Thank you for your attention. There are few concerns on membership??? There are no further comments to address. Thank you have a nice day!

LifeLock

Hello, Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with your spouse's account. If your spouse needs assistance please have her contact LifeLock at 800-543-3562. Thank you.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: July 15, 2017

After signing over the phone, In my first attempt to set up the account for my wife I received an email with temporary User Name and Password. I got the User Name but NO password. Since I set up the account for my spouse I couldn't get any help from support. But I figured it try "remember User Name and Password". I got it going. I finish updating some info and saw a privacy feature I liked and decided to add on me as another account with my wife.

BTW where it says you can log in with email or user name, well you can only use the user name. What idiocy. I press on the Place Order icon and get this error message: "SYS-3015 It looks like you are already enrolled. For further assistance, please call 1-800-LifeLock." That's laughable and so sad at the same time. Next I try to contact... yea I'm going nowhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody stole my Social Security so I looked into life protection. My brother has been working with LifeLock since a year ago and has recommended them. I’ve been talking to several persons and I gave all my information. They got in-charge of all the problems and were able to check all my activities and the activity in the dark web. They were able to close an account that I didn’t open and block everything else. I’m really satisfied with their work.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our service. LifeLock is constantly working to expand the reach of our network and improve coverage to our members. Additionally, LifeLock will be implementing positive changes to our Standard service in the near future. Even though LifeLock does not monitor transactions at every business and you may not always get an alert, please keep in mind that LifeLock members are backed by our Million Dollar Protection Package. The Million Dollar Protection Package provides reimbursement for stolen funds up to $25,000 and personal expense compensation up to $25,000. If needed, LifeLock will provide lawyers and experts to help resolve your identity theft case. The benefits under the Million Dollar Protection Package are provided by a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For details, terms and restrictions on the policy go to www.LifeLock.com/legal.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have been a member (and my family of 5) for over 10 years. I have not received an alert since 2013. Since then I have bought and sold two houses, opened 2 business, lines of credit, credit cards with large limits and I have never received an alert. When I ask LifeLock they give me the same speech - "We don't partner with all institutions." I get free alerts monthly with AAA. I am about ready to cancel.

LifeLock

Hello,  We have been unable to reach you by telephone. We apologize for the inconvenience in trying to cancel your membership.  Since your account was established as an employee benefit, you will need to go to your benefits administrator portal or contact your HR department to cancel your membership with LifeLock. If you are seeing any charges directly from LifeLock, please contact me so that I may assist further.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I see no value in this service so I have been trying to cancel my membership and stop monthly credit card charges. After repeated e-mails, their agents are completely unhelpful and claim they cannot verify that the account is being charged, yet the monthly charges continue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your experience. Our Restoration Specialists are dedicated to assist our members dealing with Identity Theft issues.

LifeLock (a Symantec Co)

Original review: July 10, 2017

I looked up LifeLock on the internet and was very impressed with what I saw. We had an incident three weeks ago in which a number of credit cards were being applied for in my wife's name, and we were extremely impressed with how fast LifeLock worked and how well they worked with us. They were right on top of things. They notified us by phone, email, and text before we saw anything, and we're impressed with the way we were notified as well. We had a person from LifeLock on the phone with us for over two hours, who worked to resolve the issues. Through their help, we weren't responsible for any charges that were made against those cards.

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience. We value you as a member.

Member Affairs

LifeLock (a Symantec Co )

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have an excellent credit so I decided to get an identity theft protection and LifeLock is the best coverage for the money. There were six different times that people tried to steal my identity and they have stolen my identity for a while. LifeLock helped resolve that and gave me a step by step process on how to do it and then they did a lot of the work. They directed me on how to contact the credit union and told me how to get a police report. They guided me through the process and they sent me all kinds of paperwork to utilize and to contact the companies that were saying that I owed money, in which I did not. Overall, LifeLock is very professional and excellent. I would recommend them. My wife and I have recommended them to several of our friends. In fact, she is going to be switching from one company and then, we're going to be putting her on LifeLock as well.

LifeLock

Happy to hear that you have the peace of mind and support needed .

We value you as a member.

Lifelock (a Symantec Co)

Original review: July 7, 2017

My mom's got LifeLock and they came recommended by her. And in today's times, everybody needs LifeLock. I dealt with some stuff where my online banking was hacked and they helped me resolve that. I would have felt very helpless without them. Also, the lady that I'm working with has been great. They know what they're doing and they make me feel secure knowing somebody's there to help me fight if something comes up. I'll be with them a long time and I recommend them to everybody.

Consumer Increased Rating!

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to see you cancel your service. When you enrolled with our service you provided a pomo code which only offer a 10% discount. We apologized for any misunderstanding or any inconvenience this may have caused you.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I sent cancellation request via their website after logging-on but LifeLock refused to credit $8.99 and only refunded $0.19. Why offer a 60 day money back guarantee and not give a full refund? I did not use your service.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear that you cancelled your account. You were enrolled in our Ultimate Plus service which is $29.99 per person plus sales tax if applicable. So your total charge per month was $32.65. On certain promo codes we do offer a free shredder but the member does need to be enrolled for a annual membership. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: July 2, 2017

First of all when I called LifeLock to join, they promised to shipped out free paper the ad which they never did. It was just a lied to catch you to become a member. Secondly, the price they offer for first time client which was $9.99 per month doesn't exist. It is $32.00 instead. I called to cancel my service more than a month ago but they still withdraw $32.00 per month from my credit card. If I open a new bank account it took them a week after to notify me if I open an account. I am very disappointed with this service.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any misunderstanding or miss communication you received regarding our services. Applying for a mortgage or new bank account will have an inquiry of your credit reports performed. Lifelock offers 3 levels of service, which the Ultimate Plus includes the credit inquiry alerts. It does not matter what level of service you have, if you become a victim of identity theft you are protected. Having debit or credit card compromises are frustrating. Lifelock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are monitored and protected by the financial institution that issued the card.

I am sorry you had such a poor experience.

Original review: July 1, 2017

When we first got my LifeLock it caught a couple things that were us. However In the last couple months before we cancelled our LifeLock subscription we closed a bank account opened two new bank accounts took out a home mortgage. Also my wife was on a trip in Florida using our debit card at the exact same time I was using our debit card in Illinois. These were all things I felt LifeLock should have caught and never did.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear about your member experience. LifeLock takes pride in our customer service and does not tolerate rude behavior towards our members. I sincerely apologize on the behalf of the agent that misrepresented our company. I understand it's frustrating being on hold for a period of time. Although our goal is to ensure that our calls are addressed quickly everytime, it is difficult to predict with perfect accuracy the incoming volume. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data source. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all business. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. Again thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience we may have caused you.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Too happily take your money and auto debit your bank but good luck stopping the service. Rude agents who wouldn't help and then transferred me and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. Second call the agent was able to cancel account without transferring and had better customer skills. They only monitor big banks and only 5 cards. Not worth the money.

LifeLock

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We value you as a member.

Member Affairs

Lifelock ( a Symantec Co )

Original review: June 30, 2017

LifeLock made me aware when people were using my social security number and my credit and I was able to get a freeze and stopped the fraud. LifeLock has always been great. Anytime there’s been any issues or anybody running my credit, they take care of it and make sure the case gets closed. The only thing is when I initially signed up, they said that when they get an alert, they’d be able to tell me where it was done and that was not true. So, that was a little bit misleading.

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to speak to me regarding your issue. Currently your request is being handle and we will strive to provide the resolution to you.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I joined LifeLock and tried to add all my financial institutions to be transactionally monitored (versus just being monitored in the Internet). 4 to 6 of them have trouble being added. I called LifeLock customer service. They helped me debug the problems but could not figure out why that happened so they escalated the problems and said someone will get back to me. These were a few days ago. No one got back to me.

The sole reason I joined LifeLock is to have my assets monitored and monitored right away. Cyber crimes don't wait. Customer service told me that LifeLock does not monitor 'all' banks/financial institutions but the 4 - 6 banks that I am having trouble adding are popular banks/financial institutions and NOT obscure ones. The nature of the problems seem to be programmatic. I had to logon to these banks/financial institutions from within LifeLock. These logons involve not only providing username and password but answering security questions. LifeLock did not seem to be able to handle these extra steps in the logon process and failed during the authentication step.

This is most disconcerting and disappointing at the same time. Adding banks/financial institutions to be monitored is the principal and most important operation for a customer to do and often the sole purpose of joining LifeLock - and it does not work!!!! And, no one has gotten back to me in a timely manner with a solution or follow-up. I am still waiting...

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Our Restoration Team is very dedicated to providing the assistance and response you need for peace of mind.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Ever since I've been working for Comcast, I usually had my identity stolen by them and it was too difficult to keep battling on my own. I hired the help of LifeLock and they've been able to dispute the thief's false claim in a pretty rapid manner. It's been quite timely and helpful for me with my credit score. I communicate with LifeLock team through phone calls and emails and they're very friendly and patient.

After our first introduction, my LifeLock representative asked me for the return of the LifeLock's packet. I sent it a few times as an attachment but I didn't know that their system can't receive that so she had heard nothing from me for almost a month. I didn't know that I was supposed to be putting that information on the website or through the app so it's like a lost time. I wish there was something in the email or a disclaimer that's gonna let people know or direct them to the website to upload the information that we did to process their claim. Still, it's been deep and a really pleasant experience. It's been good, very positive and insightful.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a member and are happy to hear we are providing the service you expect.

Member Affairs

Lifelock (a Symantec Co )

Original review: June 28, 2017

Getting LifeLock is one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It was something important to do because of what’s going on now. It’s so unsafe. I've been with LifeLock for a few years and recently I had an issue when someone opened an account with my social security number. I worked with an agent from LifeLock and they resolved the issue for me. It’s well worth the membership. Also, everyone I've ever dealt with at LifeLock has been wonderful, willing to answer any of my questions and are very concerned about the issues that I was having. And I have a little peace of mind knowing that the agents are based in the United States. My experience has been excellent.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Lifelock strives to provide worldclass service to all our members and future members. Our Sales enrollment specialists should provide information so you can choose the product and featues most needed by you. I am sorry you had this poor experience.

Member Affairs

Lifelock ( a Symantec Co)

Original review: June 24, 2017

On the 24 of June 2017 at 11:27 am I called LifeLock and I was calling about the 9.99 that was just advertised. And the ladies tone was wonderful & from Johnson City Tenn. And I said, "Ma’am before you tell me anything I don't want to waste your time" as they tell you to have your credit card ready. I said, "I don't get paid till the 1st week in July." And she acted as if she didn't hear me or I was one of those people who have credit. But I didn't waste her time, she wasted mine and I cannot stand companies who get your business by drawing you in with a 9.99 package. And then they get you on the phone and they say, "Before I tell you about the 9.99 standard package allow me to explain" & all of sudden it’s not about the 9.99 deal.

I spent 13 minutes & 47 seconds listening to a lady explain or read off an index card AFTER telling her I was on a budget of 890 a month. She went on & on about a 29.99 special that's more reliable than the 9.99. And after I allowed her to read the card. She said, "If you want me to turn on the 9.99 right now and you can upgrade next month." Oh my, gotta laugh. She just didn't want to hear I don't have a credit card & I was polite enough to say I would not purchase anything till I got paid. She's one of these people who is probably reading what the CEO approved but I dealt with her. And as I was saying I didn't want to waste her time but she wasted mine.

I would not do business just because of the fact she was not hearing me. It's sneaky and unethical and didn't want to discuss the 9.99 package & to wrap it up. She said, "If after 2 month's you’re not satisfied we will change the plan." I said goodbye and wish her a great week ahead. That commercial in the bank robbery and dentist, that supposed to goes to their credit but I think the advertising team didn't think that commercial through. And oh yea, Norton is a part of LifeLock.

Look I write reviews best on my site about unethical behavior and it's more than not o.k. but it is not operators fault. But this was a special kind of unethically desperate act of pulling in business at a much larger cost as advertised. She said it would be cheaper if I paid the 400+ or 29.99 a month. This woman didn't want to hear me. And it's the company as she was doing her job. And she was disappointed but I'd be too if I worked for a corporation that made us do that.9.99 to 29.99. I am sorry for her but this is in my opinion of an unethical company.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you have peace of mind. We value you as a member.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 22, 2017

LifeLock really helps you feel safe. Having that type of security in your life, really helps things flow smoothly. People go through life worrying about being secured all around, from the home to their actual breathing selves. LifeLock makes all of that happen. Thanks, LifeLock.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeLock was great and wonderful. I had an identity theft and my accountant told me to contact LifeLock. They mediated and took care of everything and cleared up the issue. It's a very unnerving time when you have that but right now everything's under control.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have been with LifeLock for more than three years. They helped me and identified a problem I had with somebody stealing my identity. We found out that somebody was trying to utilize some of my information. They didn't have it all, but they had some. And it annoyed me that creditors and lenders would be willing to extend credit with them without having all the information like a complete social security number or correct date of birth. LifeLock was able to contact those companies on my behalf and got that resolved and removed.

The LifeLock team was really great. Some of the folks that I dealt with dealt right in and were right there. They even called the credit card companies that we had the problem with. On my behalf, they identified themselves from LifeLock and what they were trying to do and what we were trying to accomplish. I couldn't ask for any better people. I wish I knew their names because they did a phenomenal job. They contact me before I even know something has happened and it makes you feel really good that somebody's watching out for you. I don't have to worry if every single time I buy something online or use a credit card that someone will get my information or get a statement from my credit card companies and find out a bunch of charges that I am not familiar with. I recommend LifeLock to others. It's well worth having their protection and not having to worry about it.

I would like to have an email address to submit questions. Videos about identity theft were interesting but didn't give any suggestions on what we can do to protect ourselves. Now thieves are hacking phones. What can we do to keep our phones safe?

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with LifeLock. We have issued a refund to your credit card for $110 to cover the cost of the returned checks and returned check fees. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to appear. In addition, we have reinstated your family and have provided you each with one year free service in our LifeLock Advantage service. Thank you for contacting LifeLock. We appreciate your business.
Associate Product Support Analyst

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 19, 2017

We have been members of LifeLock for many years, as well as our daughter. We were notified that we were part of a class action lawsuit, had to do nothing, and would receive a check from LifeLock, Ebarle vs. Lifelock. All three of us were due a refund in the amount of $19.48. The checks were dated 10/16/2016, but we did not receive the checks until 3 months later. We took them to the bank in April, clearly missing the tiny print that 120 days later they were void. The checks had stop payment labels, plus the bank charged us for returning each of them.

Now our bank has contacted us a couple of times to see if the checks were re-issued by LifeLock. NO, they were NOT, and we have not heard a word about it from them. I can't get anyone on the phone who knows where to send my question, and it's been months now. Our LifeLock membership has lapsed because we are so angry, after being great customers for YEARS. PLEASE ADVISE, SOMEONE!!

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I have a business and I got LifeLock as a precaution. I had my identity stolen and they did a great job taking care of everything. Their team took the stress out of everything and it was great. It was an outstanding experience overall.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I got a letter from a lawyer saying that I’ve created an electrical service which I had not so I called LifeLock. Somebody had taken our identity and had my driver’s license number and created an electrical in an apartment over at Northwest Houston. After three months, the electrical service was canceled and then two years later, that electrical service came looking for me. LifeLock took care of all that and it worked out well. I was very pleased with the way the situation was handled. The people at LifeLock were professional and the lady from customer service that was assigned to that case stayed on it and I've not had any issues. I've already recommended them to everybody I know.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. It is important to know that there may be some delay in receiving alerts as these can only be sent once the bank or creditor has posted the information to your online statement and only if they exceed the threshold amount set within your LifeLock Member Portal. As a result, it can take between 2-5 days to receive a transaction alert.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: June 15, 2017

I recently upgraded my LifeLock to their premium package because my ID was stolen. I got an alert that someone purchased something that day in my name. I checked my bank and no such purchase described was there... I found out that the purchase was made (3 days earlier) by me. I was under the impression by LifeLock's advertising that I would be able to firm or deny any purchases or credit attempts in my name immediately that day and I could confirm or deny the purchase. Wrong!

I called LifeLock to confirm and they admitted they cannot alert that same day but days after the purchase but would be happy to help with difficulties after the purchase. What the heck! I can do better with my own computer and without the fees. I'm going to give LifeLock time but at the present I can do better monitoring my own credit. In reality LifeLock is ID insurance. Only good for legal help in clearing up your credit life after someone assumed your Identity. But we're on our own in real time.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Excellent, professional and prompt customer service! I recommend the premium package which provides a wide range of security monitoring protection options! Much better than credit bureaus alone! If you want peace of mind then a highly recommend LifeLock!

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I heard about LifeLock from a talk show, and I sat down, listened and was taken aback by it. I decided to go with them as a precautionary measure. On one occasion, somebody took my Social Security number and opened up an account. They actually had the moxie to call me up and I told them that I've already contacted LifeLock and the police. The LifeLock team was right on it and sent me the paperwork. I spoke to the nice police officer and checked my credit report, and everything’s cool. The thieves didn’t touch anything so it was a blessing. The overall experience with LifeLock was fantastic and I would not do anything without them. I have told this to two other people who had been hit hard and they are also going to sign up for LifeLock.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear about your fraud. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. If needed, LifeLock will provide lawyers and experts to help resolve your identity theft case. The benefits under the Million Dollar Protection Package are provided by a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company . For details, terms and restrictions on the policy go to www.LifeLock.com/legal.
Sr. Member Affairs

Original review: June 10, 2017

The product itself LifeLock did a good job (I had planned to use them again) but I was using another credit monitoring company so there was no sense in having two companies that do the same thing. I canceled with LifeLock and almost immediately I had 6 fraudulent credit applications done under my name! Then I remembered several years ago I had LifeLock and canceled with them and the exact same thing happened. The following day people had all of my credit information from my social to where I worked and tried to steal my identity! Do not get this service!

Original review: June 10, 2017

The team at LifeLock and my experience with them have been wonderful. I haven’t had it very long and I don’t have any investments but a while back, I got a call from them that somebody had used my Social Security Number to try to get an account with a bank and with a phone company with my Social Security Number. The name and the birth date didn’t add up. LifeLock checked it and somebody tried again. Gonzalez was the name the person used on the bank account but LifeLock stopped it and took care of it. I haven't had any more trouble since but I did change my VISA number because I was a little nervous. I have recommended LifeLock to my daughter and a couple of other people that I thought should get it, just to be safe.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing while in Europe with not being able to use our APP. Our Support teams reply to you is correct. There is no means of transmitting the Lifelock APP APK directly to you other than for regional access to US Google Play. If at any time you have questions or need to make changes to your account, you may visit your online member portal by going to https://memberportal.lifelock.com/ or by contacting our Member Services Department at 1-800-LifeLock (1-800-543-3562).
Regards,
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Lifelock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: June 8, 2017

I've been a customer for over a year and just renewed. All was OK, then the new smartphone app came out. Finally! I was excited to install it. But alas, PlayStore kept saying I was not eligible to install it because I am in Europe. I contacted Cust Service and asked about another way to get it. An Android app is just an APK file. The APK file is put on PlayStore by the vendor. Could they please ask and find where it is located other than PlayStore, so may install it? But support was chilly, rigid and dogmatic. The frontline guys didn't even know what an APK is. The escalation manager was unwilling to help me further. So, I'm stuck in Europe for another few months, with no LifeLock app yet, and I'm planning to evaluate competitors before renewal time comes up again.

A good product is one thing, but customer service that listens and really helps makes the difference today. I was disappointed that LL CS was so unhelpful. It almost seemed like they only follow certain scripts in handling calls. And as a former manager myself in software support, I know that management has access to back line help from development, so the manager who would not help me just chose not to take the extra step for customer satisfaction. LifeLock is an expensive product. My bank now offers similar monitoring bundled for free if I keep a minimum balance. I'll have to think long and hard before I renew LifeLock.

LifeLock Company Profile