Call toll free
800-915-4952
2.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock identity theft protection uses innovative monitoring technology and alert tools to help proactively safeguard your credit and finances.† They will send you alerts for potential identity

theft by text, phone‡‡, email or mobile app. If identity theft does occur, a U.S.-Based Identity Restoration Specialist, dedicated to you, is there to personally manage your case.

No one can prevent all identity theft.

† LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses.

‡‡ Phone alerts made during normal local business hours.

View More View More

2300 LifeLock Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This service has been very easy to set up, I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was nice addition. It had a lot of places to add all kinds of information to look out for, someone else reviewed negatively due to service not catching an attempt at identity theft, the response was we cannot catch everything, this is 100% true, as a computer expert it's like a virus scanner, it won't catch everything, but the insurance is the best part.

I had my card information stolen several months ago from a gas pump I assume, of course Visa fraud protection caught it, however I have been receiving a bazillion robocall scams and no matter how much I try to aggravate them so I will get my number off the list they keep trying. I haven't had the opportunity to deal with actually having to file any claims over identity theft so I cannot rate that process or the cancellation process. The Android app is well designed, it feels like a Google native application rather than some hack job of a port from Apple. I emailed a question through the app and was responded to within a couple of hours, how many times have you gotten a response to an email inquiry in that amount of time?

All I can say is the service was very easy to get connected to, setting up to pay with PayPal worked well which is the perfect way to use to pay for any service that allows it as cancellation is a piece of cake should you need it, many companies that want it hard for you to cancel refuse to take PayPal. Example, your cable provider will not let you use it, they want the ability to force charge you when they could easily deactivate your account, and the equipment they give you is dirt cheap even though they act like it's priceless.

All I can say is negative reviews here may be warranted in certain cases, but remember, people usually go to write reviews when they are mad, but how many people search online and write good reviews? I hope to have a good experience with this service, sooner or later lenders etc will require some insurance protection like this the same way you must maintain automobile and homeowner's insurance when you still owe the lender.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

LifeLock notified me via voicemail that my identity had been stolen. I was in a very awkward international airport then. I called and the lady was incapable of verifying my identity. I hung up and came home. When I got up the next morning, I found an email stating that LifeLock would have to investigate me to see if I had stolen money so that I could apparently steal it from LifeLock. It was a very insulting email for which I paid hundreds of dollars a year, almost $1000 including me and my husband. For the money I pay, I don't deserve to get an email that says they couldn't help me for a week because they have to prove I didn't commit the theft myself. That's just wrong.

I logged in and all the information was there. I called the vendor and explained the situation. The vendor was extremely helpful, disabled the account and sent me an email confirmation. I was done two hours after the next morning, less time than it took me to try to deal with the first woman and less time than it took me to get over the insulting email that I received from LifeLock. A week later, after being all done with that, the woman called me and kept talking about how they were gonna help me resolve my problem. I said that they were doing nothing because I already resolved it while they were investigating me to see if I was a thief.

If all I'm paying for at LifeLock is the data access to see if my identity is stolen, I don't care. I'm good with that. If they don't want to provide any services but an alert and then, I guess if my identity is truly stolen and I apparently can somehow prove that to LifeLock, which I'm completely unsure of at this point, then I guess LifeLock might actually do something other than actually just alert me to the fact that my critical identifying information was stolen and used. A freaking almost $1000 a year is a lot of freaking money to be insulted. However, I am happy to pay the money for LifeLock because I and my husband had been hacked at least eight times. Every data point that could ever exist about either of us is on the dark web or whatever the equivalent of the dark web is these days.

When my credit card was stolen, my bank was all snippy about it and I said, "Well, I can just send you the notification from LifeLock that it's for sale on the dark net." Their attitude changed 100%. So my experiences when LifeLock notifies me that there's a problem is great. I recommended to anybody. But my naivety was thinking that someone at LifeLock was gonna help me. The part where I got this call alarming me and then there was supposed to be another call, an email and then eventually, I would get an email telling me that, "Oh, we at LifeLock have to verify that this is an actual event," what does that mean?

I have a Verizon cellphone for 10 years. Any phone trace can find that. You just go to Princeton and trace the phone and you know where it is so why would it take LifeLock a week to verify the bona fides of the event. That was just insulting. If they're a week behind in customer service because the volume is so great, they should just say that. What are they gonna verify? And the woman who called me obviously a week later after it was all resolved had obviously not verified anything at all. She did not even know what the situation was beyond whatever email notification she got. LifeLock offers a great service and then they offer a totally crummy service that totally takes away from the great service they offer.

When we had to buy a car, we had to unfreeze my husband's credit account with a single one of the credit rating companies. In that 15 minutes, we had gotten three alerts. One was for one of those super dangerous public databanks where your info is sold. I tried to get my husband off that website, but LifeLock offered no help at all. People who appreciate that they have crummy customer service, but they give an essential service in the hacked world of today are gonna give them high reviews and that's just gonna translate into dumb managers thinking that they need to improve one or the other. However, it got to the point about five years ago where the hackers were just winning and we've done everything. All our credit reports have been frozen for 12 years. We aggressively pursue any junk mailer. We try as hard as we can, but without a service like LifeLock, you just have no protection.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

As a result of what's been going on over the past 10 years with computers and security, I decided to join LifeLock. And by signing up, I’d sort of be on the lookout for the rest of the family members if there something going on. Then after many years of having LifeLock, I became the victim of identity theft. LifeLock communicated with me that my name turned up on the dark web and within a week, there was this unscrupulous activity that was taking place. Then within a day, LifeLock was already on it. They were communicating with me, putting me in touched with the credit bureaus, and taking certain actions to protect my identity even though it was already out there by putting alerts on and shutting down those activities.

There were a couple of things where accounts with credit card companies and security companies were opened in my name and LifeLock reached out to them with me to get those shut down. There was one in particular that was not communicated well at all with myself and LifeLock and LifeLock pursued that to the restoration team and to the legal team. Eventually, it took about four months, but they shut down that one completely as well as other frauds that may have taken place after being associated with me as an individual.

LifeLock's restoration team was terrific. One of them was emailing me and updating me once every five weeks, letting me know that the team was still working on it, the efforts that were made, and the responses that were coming in. She kept me abreast and in the loop the entire time. Then, after elevating my particular situation up to the next level with the legal team, I finally got a response that cleared me of everything. Also, there have been incidents that have popped up since then and once again, I've been on the phone with LifeLock to get in front of that before it ran away on me. But now that we've got alerts on all the major credit bureaus, the credit bureaus had been calling me, first and foremost, to find out whether or not it was in fact me who had been reaching out and putting in a request. So, while the identity theft continues, LifeLock has been there to try to stop it from getting out of the box.

I was thrilled with LifeLock and what they did for me. They’ve been working sort of full-time around the clock and now, this is how I'm keeping an eye on what's going on as my own daughters started getting older. I've now signed up my wife as well as my one daughter who’s 21 and I'm already considering signing up my second daughter who’s 19 years old.

Before, I wondered whether LifeLock was worth the time and effort and for five years, I hadn’t heard anything. But now, all of a sudden, when I needed them, they were there. In fact, I've upgraded my service to the highest one and I sleep better at night knowing that LifeLock is there surveiling what's going on and that they would alert me if something happens. I'm one of those individuals who's very savvy enough that I'm very careful on what I do on computers in terms of account. I don’t even do online banking for that reason yet I was a victim. So, if I can be victim, anyone can be victim. I have also recommended LifeLock to friends. In this day and age, it's something everyone should consider having for themselves.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had LifeLock for several years now but with my first identity theft issue, it didn’t help me much at all. I reported to LifeLock that I’ve had numerous IRS filings but I’m not so sure they'd be able to do in notifying me about it. About two years ago, I had somebody very nice file a tax refund for me from the state of DC, from Maryland, from Indiana, from Iowa, from Michigan and from Wisconsin.

All $1,500 usually just go through and they send you a check although everybody wanted more information except Indiana who sent me a one. So my lucky factor was, whoever has my identity wasn’t able to change the address of my IRS so everything came to me. That’s how I knew I was having problems with that identity theft. I notified LifeLock and they said okay and that they could show me where to get the papers. I told them I already filed that and they said that’s taking care of it. I thought it's not a big help but fine. And then, just before I started having these things that LifeLock started calling me about, I had somebody again file an employment request with the state of Maryland. I tried to get ahold of LifeLock but every time I did, it said, “Press this for this, press this for a person, all the lines are covered, call back later.”

I didn’t have anything other than go down through an unemployment office and not gonna travel over to Baltimore, Maryland to file a false claim. I also got a request from the state of Iowa and had about the same luck on getting hold of them other than when I was on the internet, making sure that the number that I had on the form was the right one because I never called. Somebody sends me a form and says call this number to make sure that this gets filed right. Also, instead of dealing with these fraud alerts, freezing the credit’s gonna be a better deal for me. Nevertheless, I’d recommend LifeLock to others. They have been the most proactive among all the ones I looked at.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience with LifeLock is bittersweet. A long time ago Rush Limbaugh was talking about it on his show so I looked it up. And then I had it and then I dropped it ‘cause of money. And then I decided to get it again because I’m an IT and I’ve realized that you're just gonna have to force yourself to pay for something. The selling point for me was if someone is opening an account you’ll get a notification right away and I didn’t find anybody else that did it. I like also the fact that they’d have people to help you get that identity theft if it did go through. They would help you resolve it and get it taken care of.

The cool thing was I didn’t know my identity was stolen until it was on the app. And if I was gonna try it out myself, I would do it once a year or whatever with a free credit report and then by the end of it, it would’ve been too late. You have to see that response and I could say ‘No’ but it still got through. It was normally you would get shut down but it didn’t and it still went through, and I didn’t realize it until about a month later. I told LifeLock it wasn’t me and we got it resolved. The restoration team is really good. However, I was told that they were gonna fix everything and then all my expenses will gonna be reimbursed and that’s not entirely true.

It’s worth it but don’t get your hopes up over the one million dollar guarantee. That is kinda shady because it’s not entirely accurate. That’s not really why you’re doing it anyway. It’s just that normally, in our culture we always look at all the money side of it. If it happens, it happens. But the most important thing is that you have a team. The restoration team that was there, they know what they’re doing and send you a packet, you just give them the information, they’ll get it knocked out and you’re not going to worry about it. The only stress we have is running around trying to get all these documents that you have to do. But then you upload everything to the portal and you’re good to go.

Dear Anthony,

Justine Renner

Product Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock (A Symantec Company)?

Original review: June 18, 2019

I got an alert, and tried to log in. Couldn’t do it. Called LifeLock, and they grilled me, asking 4 security questions, like phone number and address. I answered all correctly (I should know). Was told I was wrong, and there was NOBODY above the phone operator I could talk to. They wanted me to send them a copy of my driver's license. No way! Now thoroughly angry, I said, "cancel my subscription," and was told I could not! If they say my correct answers are wrong, then something suspicious is going on at LifeLock. Why would I send my driver's license to what could be hackers wanting personal info! Do not deal with these people.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I signed up for LifeLock because my wallet was stolen and although I shut down all of my cards and put a fraud alert and freeze on my credit with the three credit bureaus, I wanted an extra layer of protection. What a waste it has turned out to be! I am still getting letters from creditors alerting me to attempts to open accounts in my name, but LifeLock is not catching this at all. When I called them, I get their BS rhetoric about not being able to catch all fraudulent activity. In my opinion they are not catching ANYTHING! Save yourself the money, you will have to do it on your own anyway.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

I would be careful when you decide to choose this company. I had them for a while and had no issues. My problems stem from the fact that I had a bank card stolen which I immediately cancelled. I never updated payment for LifeLock and decided not to because I didn’t want to renew the service. Well, lo and behold fast forward 5-6 months and my wife informs me we were charged for LifeLock on a throwaway comment. How can this be I think? I check the app and yeah, the old credit card for payment is still on file but somehow they were getting their monthly payments. I call the guy and after 20 minutes he tells me “sometimes the card will automatically update with us.” What miracle is this company performing that they out of every company I employ is able to get my new credit card numbers without my permission?

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact this member on 06/13, 06/17, and 06/19 via telephone and email. We would be happy to address the member’s concerns, should they return our calls.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 31, 2019

I got an alert of a collection under my name. I contact LifeLock. First want me to give them information about the notification and when did I receive it? DO THEY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO IT TO SEE WHEN THE ALERTS WERE SENT? Then, they ask me to contact the collection agency to dispute it. Really? I thought I paid LifeLock for this. I first have to gather all the information from the collection agency regarding the fraud. Then I call LifeLock back to be on the phone for 1 hr (45 mins of it on hold). Then told I am going to be transferred to the Resolution Team and I would need to be on the phone as they reviewed it which can take up to 30 mins.

For as much as I pay, I would expect them to notify me of the incident, ask me a couple of questions and look in the matter to get it corrected. For me to gather all the information to give to them, so that they may bundle it up and then look into it to try and take care of it is ridiculous. Seriously starting to doubt if they can actually take care of anything since those who are paying them have to do almost everything, except submit the information to the Credit Bureau. When I spoke to the collection agency, I spoke to them for 8 mins. Said they would submit it as fraud and look into it. Easier to call them instead of LifeLock since you will be doing all the work anyways.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact member on 06/05/2019,06/10/2019, and 06/13/2019 dates and will be happy to address their concerns when our calls are returned.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2019

I enrolled in LifeLock because of identity theft. The few times I called it was a total runaround. Even when I called regarding an alert, I was not able to get anywhere. Such a waste of time just trying to get a hold of them. I listed my Macy's account because it was continually being hacked. Someone just charged 514.00 from Georgia and not a peep from LifeLock. I do not recommend this company - it is a total waste of money and energy.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 05/31/2019 to address her concerns.

Original review: May 27, 2019

A break-in at my house at the beginning of 2009, together with an experience during a mortgage refi that showed 47 items on my credit report that did not relate to me lead me to the $99/year Lifelock enrollment. That did not take care of a situation a few years later when my IRS account got hacked. A notice of a data leak by email this morning caused me to get into my profile and notice a number of things that were not being monitored and boxes to "UPGRADE" to receive more services. A review of another site showed that monthly costs could go up to $18 or $27/month now. At the max, that would be over $300/year. Don't know about anyone else, but I watch my overhead costs and don't have the desire to have annual costs like this triple! Jeff **

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got an alert about my partner's credit and they wouldn’t talk to me even though the partner was unavailable. So each person is on their own even though the credit and money is common to everyone. On the phone they just refused to talk to me at all.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I've been using LifeLock for several years, but recently I had an alert notifying me of a recent application for a credit card. When this happens LifeLock prompts you to answer if you had recently applied for this credit card. If you select no, it will ask you follow questions, such as if you had recently applied for ANY credit cards or loans. The problem is if you select yes because you recently (in the last month) applied for a credit card/loan and a identity thief did the same thing in that time frame, then the suspicious activity will be dismissed as your own - whether or not you were the one applying for the credit card or loan.

Luckily for me, I got a rejection letter from the credit card company notifying me they could not process the request to open up the new credit card because they were unable to verify my identity. A credit card I never applied for. LifeLock dismissed the credit card application alert as my own, because I had recently applied for a credit card somewhere else and answered yes to one of their questions.

I spoke to LifeLock to tell them the newest request for a credit card application was not me. They emailed me saying that they “did a thorough investigation of this matter and determined the alert is a duplicate for an alert you already approved. With this information, we were able to close the investigation. No further action is required." The problem was that it was actually fraudulent activity, which I ended up resolving through TransUnion and the credit card’s fraud department

I then called LifeLock to file a complaint and was told that I should have selected “no” to the questions (about the credit card application & credit review alert). And because I selected yes to a credit review that was generated from this fraudulent credit card application, they automatically matched it with the other alert and dismissed it. During my subsequent follow up calls to LifeLock, I asked them about the “thorough investigation” and was basically told that they reviewed my alerts and because I marked one as suspicious and the other one as mine, that they matched them together and the alert was dismissed. Long story short, their services are unreliable and certainly not worth the cost.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have been a member of LifeLock for several years and over the past 6 weeks have become a victim of identify theft. Three credit card applications were filed using my name and SSN. Two applications were filed attempting to open new telecommunications accounts and two applications were filed to open new bank accounts in my name. Of those, LifeLock alerted me to one credit card application and one of the applications for new telecom services. It did not alert me to either of the two applications for a bank account.

While I was able to stop the credit card applications by virtue of Lifelock's alert -- and other assistance I received -- one of the telecom accounts was successful opened by the fraudster (for which I did not receive any notification from LifeLock) and that fraudulently obtained phone number (registered in my name) was used to open and verify a credit union account in my name (for which I was not notified by LifeLock). Were it not for the efforts of a very alert and proactive fraud manager at the credit union, I would not have been aware either of that account or of the phone number that was fraudulently opened in my name and that was used as the basis upon which to open the credit union account. And it was that same fraud manager, not LifeLock, who alerted me to ChexSystems.com -- which banks use (rather than a credit bureau like Equifax) to verify details necessary to open a bank account.

The bottom line is that I would give LifeLock a C+ grade -- it's better than nothing and certainly has its uses but it is far from complete. Of the 7 instances of identify theft of which I currently am aware (3 credit card applications, 2 applications for telecom services, and 2 attempts to open bank accounts in my name), LifeLock caught 2 -- that's not even 1/3 that LifeLock caught. In my view, that is not a winning percentage. As a consequence, I am currently looking for another identity theft monitoring service with a better batting average.

Original review: May 9, 2019

As I said a couple of years ago my credit card was used by unknown parties to purchase beer making equipment down in South Carolina I think. I called LifeLock to report it and I was looking for assistance. I was told that they could do nothing and didn't offer any assistance which disgusted me after all I have been a Lifelock member for a long time. Needless to say my opinion of your services went downhill. But you are the only game in town, so what choice do I have.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the consumer on 05/10/2019 to address his concerns.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I paid $99 for a subscription and the first time I went to log in I could not. This was followed by one of the worst customer experiences I have had with a young and very sassy girl called Angelique. No resolution. Will not renew. The first time I called there was a 20 minute wait. They tell you that you are paying for their service????

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact the member on 05/09/2019 to address her concerns.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I had $10,000 hacked through my PayPal account. Called LifeLock. Their response.... call bank, call PayPal... as if we wouldn’t and if after waiting for however long it takes for them to do nothing or something... in my case 10 days, no guarantee I’d get my money back, all I get from LifeLock is this easy 10000 process before they do anything: https://lifelock.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/812302/1518630921/redirect/1/filename/Existing%20Card%20Compromise%20Claims%20Kit%20-%2020180214.pdf They do nothing, You do everything you would do anyway. No help... no $1 million insurance or lawyers. I’m destroyed financially. Thanks LifeLock!

Resolution response: April 29, 2019

Chris from Consumer Affairs contacted me and was most professional and able to contact LifeLock (Vanessa) by phone and address the issue. My remaining problem: LifeLock should have contacted me without the help of Consumer Affairs. The Initial email should have been all it required.

Cudos to Consumer Affairs.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I asked LifeLock to identify the company that made an inquiry against my credit. They replied that they needed the source of the information. I replied with, TransUnion. LifeLock replied with a form email informing me that they couldn't help. I thought was part of the service. In the past LifeLock has informed me as soon as the inquiry was made and by whom. This seems very strange and deserves attention.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/29/2019 to address his concerns.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I signed up with LifeLock a number of years ago. I added my wife to the plan and paid my fees annually in advance. Over the years all I have gotten were mostly credit score changes or new account openings. Until yesterday when an email was sent to my wife at my email address (the only one they have). It is a Dark Web Alert with no additional data. I tried logging into the portal but there was no alert on my account so I decided to call. After going through an agonizing 20 minute computer speak session. I had to enter my wife's SS number, birth date several times.

Finally I was transferred to a customer service representative. I explained that I wanted to find out what action I had to take as a result of this alert. He responded by saying that he couldn't talk to me about it and asked to speak to my wife. I explained that my wife has been in a memory care facility for the last two plus years. He recommended I send in a power of attorney and then they could speak to me. I asked for a supervisor and got the same response so after an hour on the phone I give up, I still don't know what the alert was about. They said they were going to email me a power of attorney form, it has not arrived. What is funny is I can add people to the family account, cancel people from the account. There is only one billing account, one email and one password. It is so bad. I intend to cancel my subscription as it is worthless if I can't even access my family information. James **.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I called LifeLock today 4-19-19.. about my acct. at the around the end of call I was asked if I wanted to add Norton free to my ultimate plus..I eventually agreed as it was free so I thought I would give it a try. Seconds after hanging up I get emails informing me my credit card was billed and another email starting a new contract...I never agreed to either. I spent the rest of the day trying to rectify this situation and I now have been bill several more times and given one credit but my bill is yearly and I had just paid it in November...the way the charges look now is I have been billed another 526.00+ the $ I paid in November for a year..

I am now looking for a different company so I can cancel this as what I was told and what keeps being done is a huge mess. All my calls were sent overseas. The service Dept was open here but my calls were rerouted.. I have been a customer since about 2013 or before. Never once was I told in the beginning of this mess my acct would be canceled..and I would be billed again... IT DOES NO GOOD TO CALL AGAIN. I have done so..trying to have all that removed. The only thing left I can think of is cancel these accounts and payments...

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/22/2019 to address her concerns.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I canceled my family's membership on February 14th and continue to get charged every month. The first month I called to see what happened and was told they were "aware that a bunch of customers were accidentally charged and they were working on getting it cleared up ASAP". They refunded one of the 5 accounts I was charged for the following week. The next month I was charged again. I called and the customer service rep told me that I should call my bank to stop payments. I asked her to contact billing since she would not transfer me to them and ask them to fix the billing due to the fact that I no longer had an account.

This month I was again charged for all 5 of my accounts. I called again and got the same message to call my bank and request a stop payment for all things coming from Lifelock. It seems like they are not wanting to do their job and passing me off the a bank?! I asked to speak to a supervisor. After 45 minutes, Barbara finally answered and told me I could not speak to billing about refunding the past months of payments even when I did not have an account. She told me she would file a message and get it to billing. "Great. Can they call me and let me know when they have processed a refund for the account that is canceled?" Nope. I was told they do not make or receive calls from billing.

"Ok, may I please speak to your supervisor?" Nope. She could only fill out a request to have someone call me in 3-5 days. Seriously? LifeLock is unwilling to rectify mistakes and make it right. I did a little research and they are not part of the BBB. Makes sense why, right? I have since contacted my bank and filed a fraudulent claim against them for the past months that I was charged for a service I was not receiving. Too bad it ended this way. I did like the service while I used it and would have likely returned in the future if I felt I needed monitoring again. I no longer can say that.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I called to try to cancel my contract because their website is broken - the rep was rude, telling me I was wrong. I've tried 5 times to get on my portal, and it keeps telling me it is down. He refused to listen to me and refund money. This company is a scam...

Original review: April 12, 2019

I received invite to upgrade for product Norton 360 with LifeLock. Tried installing product and it also includes a SecureVPN for which installation not working. So, I called support and they keep transferring to agent after agent department after department putting on hold. They have no clue how to resolve even technical issues of their own products. With this kind of support, I can't trust this LifeLock monitoring service. Will cancel the service.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the consumer on 04/15/2019 and addressed his concerns.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had LifeLock for years. Well after the last few years I have opened accounts with a few banks and NOT 1 TIME did I hear from them. So I called to cancel and they said I was on some other account which is old and they don't offer anymore. WELL, wouldn't you let me know I was paying that much for nothing? Then they tried to offer me the 9.99 plan that covers the monitoring of my social number and something else!!! Really I have been paying for this for years and you didn't monitor anything or contact me over the years (10) and now you want me to pay you again.... NOT!!!! IT IS WHAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE!!!!

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/12/2019 and discussed his concerns.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Watch those bills really closely. Because the 9.99 plan changes to a 33$ plan without you actually agreeing to the change. Then You call them, tell them you are bundled with Norton and no one can help you. Their suggestion was I cancel the plan, go back to Norton and then re-enroll. Non-sense.

Original review: April 7, 2019

At no point do they tell you that the service might not be able to monitor your credit cards, but as it turns out, this is the case. They couldn't monitor ANY of my cards, which is a large part of their service. On top of that, they don't refund your money if you are a monthly subscriber. So service NOT as advertised, and they keep your money. They are not a protection service, they are a scam.

LifeLock response

LifeLock made contact with the consumer on 04/08/2019 and addressed their concerns.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I tried the service and in the same day wanted to cancel it for a refund because I was not impressed with what I get for the 8.99. They would not give me back my money. I called a few times. The customer service folks did not seem very skilled in handling calls.

Original review: April 2, 2019

When told my info was on the Dark Web, I got basically no corroborating info as to why or what the info was. in So, when I questioned the info sent, I received a long message, basically not related to my info on the dark web, but suggesting I change passwords. I never did receive any info that showed me what was was on the web, that belonged to me.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/05/2019 to address her concerns.

Original review: March 30, 2019

When I received the alert, I called LifeLock. I do not and have never had a LifeLock account. Customer service tried to push it off on me to call my bank. I wanted something official from them first. They finally agreed to do an incident report. Came back on the phone to say they did and they have been having some billing problems. When I asked for the incident number, I was put on hold again. Then she came back to say they could send one over email. I refused to give my email. I was put on hold again to see what they could do to give me a number. After 10 minutes on hold she came back and pretended not to be able to hear me so she told me to call back and hung up on me. These are people that are supposed to protect people's identity?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Impersonal robots, NO LIVE voice, on hold, disconnected. Cheap, LOW END customer service. Charging HIGH Premiums. I'm looking to change to a competent service, with attentive, competent, live humans answering promptly when calling. When a client of yours calls, there's STRESS. The local license branch here gives better service than LifeLock...

LifeLock (A Symantec Company) expert review by Rob Douglas

Choose from three main packages starting at $9.99 per month, plus applicable fees. Dark Web Monitoring and 24/7 Live Member Support. Optional packages for children also available.

• Plan options with monitoring: Offers Standard, Advantage and Ultimate Plus Plans that all include credit monitoring.

• 60-day money-back guarantee: LifeLock allows you to try out their service and offers a 60-day money-back guarantee for annual memberships.

• Mobile App included: Receive alerts and essential information on the go with the included LifeLock app.

• Million Dollar Protection™ Package: If you become a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect you with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on your plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve your case.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information

LifeLock (A Symantec Company)
Public