Get Started

LifeLock

The LifeLock Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.9/5 (542 ratings)

About LifeLock

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

Pros

• Variety of plans
  • Remediation available
  • Industry leader

Cons

• Prices change after the first year

Bottom Line

LifeLock provides identity theft protection and monitoring services. The company is an industry leader and offers three different package options.

Top LifeLock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

LifeLock had a good reputation, so we went in that direction. My identity was hacked in June and one of the initial notifications came from them. We've got the premium package on ...

Verified

I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was a nice addition. [It'...

LifeLock services

LifeLock is considered to be an industry leader in providing individual and business identity theft protection. They offer three different package options, from basic monitoring to full protection and recovery of your money or identity. LifeLock is recognized by the Online Trust Honor Roll and partnered with the digital security software company Norton.

LifeLock notifies you if your information is compromised by monitoring major data breaches, credit reporting agencies and the dark web. The company offers 24-hour assistance, and if your identity is compromised, LifeLock will assist you by providing lawyers to help litigate your case, plus reimbursement for your expenses and lost property.

LifeLock is a membership organization where customers can choose between membership levels. If you are looking for identity theft protection for your business, you can call the company for a quote.

LifeLock plans and pricing

LifeLock provides identity theft and digital security protections at three membership levels: Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus. Each plan offers an introductory rate, with a price increase after the first year. The chart below provides an overview of LifeLock cost by plan.

PlanFirst-year costCost after first year
Select$9.99/month$14.99/month
Advantage$19.99/month$24.99/month
Ultimate Plus$29.99/month$34.99/month

Select: Offers $25,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds and security for five electronic devices, plus the regular LifeLock benefits.

Advantage: Offers $100,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for 10 devices, bank and credit card alerts and alerts for crimes in your name.

Ultimate Plus: Offers $1 million in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for an unlimited number of devices, bank and credit card alerts, 401(K) investment alerts, alerts for crimes in your name, and reports from all three credit bureaus.

How does LifeLock work?

Most of the time, LifeLock members will be able to forget they are even customers — which, according to LifeLock, is the point. As a LifeLock customer, you can rest assured your data is secure.

Once you join, you simply make monthly payments and the company closely monitors your information. When something suspicious occurs, you are either alerted by phone, text or a notification from the LifeLock app.

If you want to engage with the company further, they offer a credit report, an online portal to show your profile, and notifications about any data breaches that may affect your information.

Do we recommend LifeLock?

LifeLock has been the industry leader in identity theft protection for more than a decade. The company boasts nearly 5 million members and returned millions of dollars in assets to people who have had their identities or property stolen. Although a price tag up to $34.99 a month may not be as cheap as other companies, it does provide the broadest range of coverage with a company known to maintain a high level of service.

LifeLock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My experience is that it costs money to protect your home, cars, life, and things of value. But if that is what protect, you are skipping the most important element: your identification. Lifelock sets roadblocks against what thieves will do with your info to ruin your finances and credit. And both are really your foundation to living. Lifelock offers a trial in which you may sign up and use all the protection they offer to assure that when your id is stolen (and you may not know that until it is too late) Lifelock will immediately notify you and take action to stop the steal and protect you from any further intrusion. Protect yourself.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have been pleased with the monitoring of my accounts and personal information after having been exposed in the Equifax security breach about four years ago. I am much comfortable knowing I have Life Lock monitoring for possible ID theft or financial fraud. I check my alerts and for the first time on January 23, 2021 I had an alert that my personal information had been used to apply for a checking/savings account with JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I immediately responded to the alert that I had not made any application or ever dealt with JP Morgan/Chase. Life Lock started an investigation.

My only disappointment has been no follow-up communication from Life Lock about the investigation. I have used both telephone and online communication with Life Lock on additional measures I could take to better protect my financial and personal information. I received very good service and response to my inquiries and I have taken additional steps too for more security as a result.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I have been with Norton LifeLock 360 over a year now. With the price you can't go wrong. For 9.73 a month covers my cell phone and laptop. Norton Lifelock notifies me when someone has ran a credit report on me, VPN hides when I am online, home or public. Norton is constantly working to protect me against hackers, viruses, knowing that my identity is protected is most important to me. I highly recommend Norton Lifelock 360 to everyone.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your NortonLifeLock membership in place.

Thank you for choosing NortonLifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

LifeLock sends alerts to me when suspicious activity involving my ID or social security number occurs. It also alerts me when there is a credit check, address change or my ID has been found on the dark web. There is also a service for the protection of minor children and social security numbers, for an additional fee.

LifeLock response

Thank you for choosing NortonLifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I called Lifelock because I wanted to merge my Lifelock and Norton accounts because I was currently paying separately for both. When I called in the agent was very nice but said I had to wait until the 8th of Sept to merge accounts. My question is why did I have to wait? He said it was because my Norton acct would run out on the 8th. So, I'm hoping when I call in today with my reference number they understand what I'm talking about and will merge the two accts and that I won't lose the info that I have already in my original Lifelock acct. The agent gave me the above Ref. number but no order number. I would like to say the agent Carlos was extremely polite and understanding and tried to do everything he could to accommodate me so please don't think he did anything wrong. I think he was following the rules and his hands were tied. I don't blame him for anything. I wish all agents were as nice and helpful as him.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: May 31, 2021

Called the other day to ask a question and the lady kept evading my inquiry by try to upgrade my subscription. I asked to speak to someone in the US, she left me on hold for a few minutes and then informed me there wasn't anyone in the US to talk to me. I promptly told her I was cancelling my account. Be aware they will not refund any money if you have monthes left. Definitely not the same company I initially signed up with. Very disappointed with their business practices.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Over the last several months Lifelock has rejected my password. I submit for a reset password, put in the same password and sometimes it lets me in and most recently has locked me out of my account. Was on the phone for two hours yesterday with three different customer service reps (all of which had poor English). Each one told me to reset my password. One gave me a case number. Finally got into my account after the 7th try.

Today, could not get into my account. Called again. Customer service rep said to reset my password. When I told her my account was locked, she said to work around this problem she would join my Norton internet security software with Lifelock. I objected because Lifelock expires in August 2021 and Norton expires next February. She then said to cancel the current Lifelock account and rejoin with a new account. I asked about the leftover months from the old account and was told I couldn't get a refund because it was over 180 days since I renewed Lifelock, but she would add the remaining time to the new Lifelock account. I asked what happens if my password is rejected again. She said I would have to call again. I couldn't stand having to deal with customer reps with bad English I could hardly understand, so I immediately cancelled my Lifelock.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I got my identity stolen a couple of years ago. So right then and there My husband and I joined LifeLock. Best decision I've ever made. Feel fully protected with them. Thank you Lifelock for always having my back.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Charging as much or more, and limiting services, agents available, and limiting hours of agents is not helpful to victims. It may keep your agents happy, but at your customers expense. Agents not reading closely the questions being asked is unhelpful. Agents also have attitude. Some helpful, others collecting a check and caring more about the check than the customer.

Original review: March 21, 2021

After paying my fee for decades, I encountered a first-time need to make an inquiry to LifeLock. I was meet with COVID excuses as to why I would need to wait for an unusually long time. After two days I received a bland, boilerplate response. When I have enough time to wait in a phone queue, I will be cancelling my account. Service Not Rendered.

LifeLock Company Information