toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you have peace of mind. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Inc

Original review: April 7, 2017

There have been a few times since having LifeLock that I have made a change to one of my accounts or opened an account. Immediately I have received an alert which asked me whether it was me that did this. I was so impressed that LifeLock would pick up on this activity so fast and notify me. Luckily, it was me each time and I couldn't help thinking how fortunate that I had LifeLock because it might not have been me and I would never have known the difference until it was too late.

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock has been a great asset to me, they have caught fraud attempts on my credit through the years and it is even more important today to have their service. I feel it is worth whatever the cost to keep your credit protected. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you LIFELOCK.

I was alerted that an application was opened to apply for a Bloomingdale's credit card using my name, SSN, and birthdate in July 2016. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, I was hacked 2 months prior so there was a credit freeze in effect and LifeLock was informed. When the LifeLock website was redesigned, I noticed that the above came up whenever I received an alert and was listed as 'LifeLock is investigating'. I called LifeLock to ask why this was still part of my active alerts and I requested that I be connected to tech support to share this info. I was a software engineer for 25 years and I know that changing this alert from 'investigating' to 'resolved' is not a monumental undertaking, but I met resistance from my initial customer service contact and then from the supervisor I requested.

I spend about $54 monthly for 2 LifeLock memberships and I can't fathom why LifeLock has no system in place to deal with customer concerns about how alerts are processed. After the phone call I placed to LifeLock on 4/19 to customer service (one of many on this), I am finding it difficult to trust that LifeLock is dealing with my info and data reported on me in the most secure way possible. I was especially disturbed to find out that the issue I was hoping to have addressed would not even be sent to the responsible department via a request form, but by 'word of mouth' from the supervisor to someone in the group responsible for maintaining LifeLock's systems.

How does LifeLock expect people to pay them to oversee and offer some degree of protection of their financial accounts and personal data if they can't even address legitimate concerns of customers in a professional manner? When a customer calls LifeLock to point out an obvious flaw in their system, how is it possible that there is no automated system in place to process it and create an audit trail? This makes me wary about what is happening behind the scenes that could impact me, since I was told that in all likelihood, no one would contact me to confirm that my issues were received and addressed by the proper department.

I was told that I cannot contact corporate or tech support with my concerns and my issues would remain with the customer service supervisor until he is able to personally address it with the LifeLock employees who would be responsible to resolve it, if they do choose to do so, and that there was no guarantee that this would ever occur. I was given a multitude of excuses, but I was not given any reassurances that LifeLock will be any more amenable to my and other customer concerns in the future than they are at the present time. I must say that this experience has left me with the dreaded feeling that I am just 'paying' LifeLock to 'wait for the other shoe to drop' with the protection plan they assure me that I am/will receive now and in the future.

LifeLock is supposed to offer 'peace of mind' to its customers, but in order for customers to put their trust in LifeLock, transparency is essential and this experience suggests to me that LifeLock doesn't see that as a priority! As a person who has had her identity stolen and suffered through all the horrendous consequences associated with it and am now a LifeLock client, I believe that I am entitled to let LifeLock know that I am all for transparency, but it has to extend to both LifeLock and its paying customers! They need to be responsive to their customers' concerns and issues and simply put, they need to 'put up or shut up' because 'trust' is what will keep their customers with LifeLock and a 'lack of trust' will have them fleeing to a LifeLock competitor!

LifeLock

Hello, I am sorry to hear about the experience you had trying to cancel your membership. LifeLock takes pride in our customer service and does not tolerate rude behavior towards our members. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the agent that misrepresented our company. Your feedback has been forwarded to this agent's manager and I assure you the issue will be addressed. Additionally, all LifeLock accounts are set up on automatic renewal. For merchants where you have a recurring payment, banks will often update the billing information as a courtesy to you. As requested, your LifeLock membership was cancelled on 4/11/2017 and a prorated refund in the amount of $5.60 was issued to the card on file. We will also issue an additional refund in the amount of $3.40, total refund amount is $9.00. Again, I apologize for your negative experience.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I've used LifeLock on and off since they started offering services. Overall I think they offer a great service but I do think it's overpriced for what they actually provide. My issue is more to do with customer service. Recently I changed a credit card. Somehow LifeLock managed to get a hold of the number and continue billing. No call or email to ask permission, just started billing the new card. Personally I think that is a reach and a breach of the information they gather. I didn't like it.

Today I called to cancel. I verified the account then rudely transferred to "Customer Retention" where I had to verify my information again. They make it incredibly hard to cancel and keep you on the phone for a very long time. In the end the company refused to cancel the account under the grounds I was recording the phone call and that I refused to provide my new mailing address (they refused to email the cancellation request). Needless to say I was most annoyed, in fact completely pissed off as I feel the agent was purposely trying to make it as difficult as possible for me.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our service.
LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Although we have a large number of companies in our network of surveillance, not all merchants participate and on occasion an application may be submitted that does not fall within our network.
LifeLock is constantly working to expand the reach of our network and improve coverage to our members. Keep in mind that LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have been with LifeLock for almost a decade. As recently as the end of 2014, I used to get notifications about credit applications and suspect activity. When I got a mortgage I had to answer questions before it would be processed. That was great! In the past few years I added several lines of credit and a car loan and realized that NONE of these were even logged as alerts or notifications. Turns out that all features I signed up for have been migrated to the higher priced plans. Prices increase, that makes sense. I signed up and kept LifeLock so I wouldn't have to continuously monitor my credit not realizing I would have to constantly monitor my LifeLock service.

LifeLock

Hello, I am very sorry to hear that your account was cancelled. I understand that your employer provided one year service to you and your wife and updated the promotion code on file on 6/24/2015. You should have received correspondence from your employer and/or LifeLock reminding you that you need to contact LifeLock if you would like to transition back to a self paying account. After reviewing your account I see that on 6/5/2016 and 6/6/2016 you were able to log into online account to update your email, phone number, address and billing card. Although you were able to update this information online, we needed to speak with you over the phone in order to update the promotion code and stop your account from being cancelled. I apologize for any misunderstanding about your account being cancelled.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My wife and I were LifeLock customers for years--we never had a breach, and we were very careful with our online info. Most importantly, we spent a great deal of time setting up our account, inputting our data--all of it. And we sprung for the premium coverage--not the basic. When my company announced that they had been breached, we were all offered free LifeLock protection for a year, so we took advantage of that free coverage.

After the year was over, we never heard from LifeLock, and assumed that our coverage had continued without interruption, paid by automatic debit on our LifeLock-protected credit card. During a review of that same credit card, I noticed that I hadn't seen a LifeLock charge for this month, and I got worried. When we found that we could not log into our account, we called customer service--an oxymoron of the worst order--and were assured, several times, on several different calls, that all we had to do was reset our password. Finally, on the fourth try, we reached a competent person, and lo and behold we were told the truth: We had been dropped, and we were informed that our account had lapsed.

How did that happen? Didn't LifeLock know how to reach us? They had all of our info, credit card details, telephone numbers and every email address known to man. Couldn't they have called or sent an email? Of course, if the treatment I received when I called customer service is any indication of competency, then I should not have really been surprised.

When I complained, I was told that they'd be more than happy to sign us back up, and we could spend a bunch more hours re-inputting all of our data into their very forgetful system. Gee, no thanks, LifeLock. If you don't know how to contact me when there is no crisis, I certainly won't trust you to do so when there is a real crisis. And don't tell me you don't still have my data, either, I'm not buying that bridge--your computers probably have every bit & byte that ever crossed your electronic threshold. Sadly, after all my years as a customer, the only time I ever really needed LifeLock, they just plain forgot about me.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a member.

Regards,

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: March 24, 2017

ID card and letter with instructions on how the system operates. The response was very fast and very accurate about my personal question. And now I know what to do just in case something comes up, thank you again! I was directed to contact LifeLock phone numbers for more information on the subject that I had made a question, and also to tell when something wrong or suspicious activities were happening!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your card was compromised as these situations can be quite concerning. The financial activity alert feature you had with Lifelock was an added feature to help you review your credit card activity in one secure place and be able to set a threshold to be notified. It is not to replace what the credit card company does to monitor your card for possible unauthorized charges. If you see fraudulent activity you would need to contact your credit card company and have the fraud investigation handled by them.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: March 12, 2017

On March 10, 2017, I noticed some charges on my credit card account that I didn't authorized. I called Capital One to inform them about the suspicious charges. The Fraud department inform me that they will be taking care of this problem asap. I was very upset with LifeLock because their financial activity alert system doesn't alert charges that are under $100. The financial activity alert started at $100 to $25,000. If I had a payment of $165 posted or pending on my credit card or checking account, the alert system will send a email or text message about the charge. I had several charges that were under $100 that Life Lock didn't even know. I was very upset.

I was paying $26.99 plus $5.99 for my son membership that supposedly protect us from fraud or Identity theft. I told the customer service rep to cancel my membership since I'm doing their job for free. I want to let every consumer know that Life Lock will not inform you about charges under $100 on your accounts. The amount of charges were over $200. Please be aware of any charges under $100 being a Life Lock member.

LifeLock

Hello,  We apologize for the inconvenience that any change in our systems may have caused you. LifeLock is constantly looking for new ways to improve our services and we appreciate your feedback.  Unfortunately, LifeLock is unable to advise you as to the reason for any variance in your credit score information. LifeLock's credit scores are calculated using the VantageScore® Model, a proprietary credit model designed by VantageScore Solutions, LLC.  Each bureau has its own methodology and/or algorithm for calculating a credit score. The algorithms used by each of the credit bureaus are proprietary in nature and are not shared. Each bureau applies their own proprietary algorithm to compute credit scores for the other two credit bureaus, not just their own. If you were to ask for your three credit scores from any one of the credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) and compare them to any of the other bureaus, you would have the exact same issue. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to be able to continue to serve your identity theft needs.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've been using LifeLock for years and they keep making changes to their system that negatively affect user experience. They recently migrated to a new creditor to get scores from and everything started changing in small pieces. I used to get my credit score consistently each month and then they make changes to their system without advanced notice. People like me who have routines, like checking my credit score at the first of the month, suffer when LifeLock changed to their new system to only provide credit score updates on the 4th Tuesday of a month. LifeLock is a monopoly on credit scores, but I can't bring myself to quit it. When they are not changing stuff from underneath you, the information they provide is mostly accurate.

Some recommendations they put on their website that they claim come from the credit bureau are not true; I pulled my credit score and report manually from Equifax and none of the same comments were there. For instance, I have a credit card open since 2006 and it tells me "The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent"... okay, 11 years for one credit card (the day I turned 18) and it's too recent. Wow. I constantly battle with presented information from the LifeLock website. I guess if you stick closely to just looking right at your credit report and looking at the history and avoiding comments from LifeLock and reference your score... then LifeLock does a good job... but I've been growing really tired of them making changes that nobody is asking for (because they sure didn't ask me).

Things that they lie about on their website are comments like this: 1) Total of all balances on bankcard or revolving accounts is too high - no it is not!!! Used Credit $8,474. Available Credit $45,856. Tell me how the balances are too high when I'm only using 18.5% of my total credit. I only have 1 credit card with a balance... 2) The total of all balances on your open accounts is too high. See #1, again, you're just making these things up. Added a couple of screenshots. 1 shows bizarre fake information that they assume from my credit score. The second is part of their website that they still have not updated after one year of transitioning to a new website design. LifeLock's approach to phased releases is lackluster.

LifeLock

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Sorry to see our service did not work out for you. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to completely prevent fraudulent activity on your credit or debit cards. There are many different methods that criminals use to obtain the card information, from something as simple as writing the number down to more sophisticated technology that can detect the information without the cards ever leaving your possession. The only sure way to avoid fraudulent activity is to use cash when making purchases. You may also want to contact your bank/financial institution to see if they are able to add any extra security measures to your account. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. So If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Jamie Huckaby

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I have had a LifeLock subscription since 2012 and was pleased with the service up until 2016. This review is based only on my experience. Recently I decided to cancel my subscription because I no longer find it useful for a number of reasons. Last year a couple of my bank accounts were compromised and LifeLock did not catch them. The worst case was in December 2016. Because I have alerts on all of my accounts and for low amounts, I was alerted immediately by my banks. LifeLock only allows alerts to be set at $100 and above so anything below that amount will be missed. This needs to be fixed. If it had not been for me setting up my own bank alerts my account would have been overdrawn for thousands of dollars that I did not have. I have the email rejects to prove it which I turned over to the police.

LifeLock not allowing to set an alert under $100 would have caused a major financial disaster for me resulting in tens of thousands of dollars in overdraft fees because my card was used all over the world and for high cost items. I compared my bank alert features with LifeLock and decided I was better off with no service. While LifeLock does have features the banks do not offer, the more critical features I needed would be protection of my bank accounts. LifeLock does not have a strong enough plan for that protection if we cannot customize to select lower amounts that would trigger an alert. If they did, I would have expected an alert and maybe they could have looked into it instead of me doing all the work I was paying them to do.

I don't even know if LifeLock can trace where the hacks are coming from as was experienced a couple of years ago. The customer service rep at LifeLock who I spoke with at that time could not give me an answer to that question. If they don't have that information then how can I give it to the police and why am I paying for credit monitoring I'm not getting?

I think the basic LifeLock account is adequate for most people while still using alerts with your bank accounts as extra coverage. LifeLock's scanning for email accounts and black market activity are a plus, but I would not rely solely on any one credit monitoring service when bank accounts can easily be compromised mainly because of our own use of credit/debit cards. Banks are more secure than most websites, companies, and stores.

In fairness to LifeLock I did not have the bank transaction monitoring in any of my cases because it was either not available at the time or I didn't know about it until recently. If it had been available LifeLock still would have missed it because the total of the first two fraudulent transactions were under $100 and only my own bank alerts caught it preventing the withdrawal of thousands of dollars. Most of these fraudulent purchases were outside the U. S. The first two that were charged against my account were under $90, but one was international which LifeLock should have caught. Even without bank transaction monitoring, the debit/credit cards I registered on LifeLock still should have triggered an alert especially for international transactions. There were over fifty transactions that I know of that were all over the world and there was no way I could have been in all of those places at once.

As a consumer I would also not solely rely on any service to protect all of my information. The consumer has to accept some responsibility themselves in being proactive in safeguarding their own information. However a credit-monitoring company should not make claims they cannot provide. Not everybody's crisis is the same. I was very careful in most cases to secure my information and it was still compromised. My latest incident involved ordering online with a software reseller I did business with years ago without incident. I did not know at the time they were involved in a big counterfeit operation and were being investigated. It took a lot of work on my part to fix my compromised bank account and report to all authorities.

I felt this was something LifeLock should have been doing since I was paying them to fix problems like this. I also felt something this big should have been caught in their system. That's when I decided to discontinue service with them. The $28.88 I was paying a month was being wasted for something my bank was offering for nothing. And I had to do my own investigative work to discover this huge online theft that LifeLock missed. I was going to alert them like I had done once before, but back then customer service told me their service did not monitor that type of activity. I thought at the time they were advertising a product they could not deliver, but I stayed with them a little longer.

From my experience, LifeLock does have its pluses offering features that are not available in other credit monitoring services. Before cancelling with LifeLock, I found a more suitable plan through my insurance company that offers more for about a third of the Lifelock price. LifeLock was very accommodating when I unsubscribed by even issuing a refund which I did not expect and it was immediate. However, for all that they missed during my subscription period they could have done a lot better.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with LifeLock.  We did review the call and would like to take a moment to provide clarification on our services. LifeLock is unable to track your spending and we would not know about any transactions on your cards. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Your credit or debit card and bank accounts are protected by the bank or credit card company that issued your card. Should you lose your credit or debit card or find fraudulent activity on your card or bank statement, contact your bank or credit card company immediately, explain what happened, and request that they cancel the card/account number and issue a new card and account number. If you suspect fraud, file a fraud report with your bank or credit card company. Your bank or credit card company will do their own fraud investigations and in most instances refund any fraudulent charges. You will also want to file a police report. Be sure to maintain a copy of the police report as this may be needed during the dispute process. The LifeLock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify LifeLock within ninety (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If you experience any difficulty with reporting this issue, or if your bank or credit card company holds you responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, contact LifeLock immediately and one of our Member Services agents will assist you. Additionally, our LifeLock Identity Alert™ system is in place on all accounts. Alerts are sent for uses of your personal information in applications for credit and services within our network. Keep in mind, the LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee from day one of their enrollment. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. (If you’re a resident of New York, the benefits are underwritten by State National Insurance Company.) For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal. Additionally, LifeLock is partnered with NOVA (Natl Organization for Victim Assistance). NOVA can assist you with any concerns regarding your cell phone, email, internet and cyber safety. They can be reached at trynova.org or by calling 1-800-879-6682 and are available Monday-Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm EST. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to completely prevent fraudulent activity on your credit or debit cards. There are many different methods that criminals use to obtain the card information, from something as simple as writing the number down to more sophisticated technology that can detect the information without the cards ever leaving your possession. The only sure way to avoid fraudulent activity is to use cash when making purchases. You may also want to contact your bank/financial institution to see if they are able to add any extra security measures to your account. We hope this answers your questions and again apologize for the negative experience.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I called into LifeLock to report an identity theft. They proceeded to tell me I would be better covered if I bought a more expensive membership. They then did a bit of victim blaming. At no point did the representative provide me with information I could use to solve my current problem, or to prevent it in the future.

LifeLock

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were not able to speak with me about your account today. I was able to review your account and see you enrolled with our service online on February 6, 2017 and cancelled on February 25th, 2017 using a promo code that does not offer free time. I apologize that no free time was offered due to the promo code. You enrolled yourself and another adult for the service, which are plans are per person plus any sales tax if applicable. I'm so sorry to hear you were on hold for so long. I understand it's frustrating and apologize for the delay in answering your call. The extended hold was due to high call volume, we do occasionally experience volume spikes. Although our goal is to ensure that our calls are addressed quickly every time, it is difficult to predict with perfect accuracy the incoming volume. Some of our calls do take longer than others. It is our commitment to take the time that our members need to take care of all of their needs and concerns. We will do the same for you anytime you call. Again thank you for your feedback.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

No promised priority support of free 30 day trial - I initially signed up for the 30 day trial for the Ultimate Plus but was immediately charged 29.99. To be honest I wasn't too concerned about that so I just accepted it. Then I added a second person to my account and was charged AGAIN 29.99 - when it did not say that there was to be another charge. And to make matters worse this second person was forever in "pending" even after a week. The Ultimate Plus plan is suppose to include "priority support" but there was only one regular support number to call. In their own words about Priority support: "Priority Live Member Support. Skip the wait and move to the front of the line to speak with a US-based Member Services Agent available to answer your questions." After trying a couple of times and being on hold for about an hour I gave up and canceled. This might be a good service but customer support seems nonexistent.

LifeLock

Thank you for your feed back. I'm sorry I was unable to contact you to address your concerns about our services. Please feel free to contact our member service team 1-800-543-3562 at your convenience to address your concerns.

Jamie Huckaby

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

If you have money you'd like to throw away, this is the company for you. I can only speak about my experience, whoever the competition is, they're probably better. I thought if anything, I would feel like someone was watching my back, I would feel secure. Maybe I didn't waste enough money.

I read the mixed reviews on LifeLock. I am a strong believer in the company. There is no fool proof system. We have been the victims of identity theft. Most recently the IRS data breach. Lifelock has been diligent about any and everything related to our accounts. It is a virtual nightmare to go through identity theft. We have had to change debit cards multiple times. The low life who stole our identity tried to get my husband's SS check but thankfully he didn't know the answers to allow him to do so.

People need to realize when your bank cards are compromised your financial institution has to cancel your cards and dispute unauthorized transactions - not Lifelock. Even PayPal let one slip through the cracks and it cost them so they have installed tighter security measures. Be glad Lifelock does their best to protect us. Sadly Identity theft is an epidemic.

I liked Lifelock because I was always informed of any activity on the accounts I had listed and it gave me peace of mind. I would have stayed with them but could no longer afford to. Sorry I had to leave a good company.

LifeLock

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Howell for speaking with me today. I am glad we were able to assist you logging into your accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and value your membership. Thanks Again.
Sr. Member Affairs Agent

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

David ** and Sarita ** have each a LifeLock account. We have not been able to access our accounts as LifeLock sent us a confusing email regarding restriction on the use of one email for both of us and confusing instructions about our user I.D.

LifeLock

Hello and thank you speaking with me today. I explained to Mr. Christensen credit score factors are credit related variables that impact your current credit score. They include your payment history (amounts and timeliness), credit utilization, types of credit used, and length of credit history. They are determined by information on your credit report such as actual credit payment and usage behaviors, often going as far back as 7-10 years. The factors listed reflect the most up to date major factors impacting your score at the time the report was provided. I advise member that he would need to contact the credit bureau if he did not agree with the information provided. Thank you for your feedback.
Sr. Member Affairs

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I checked on my score put out by LifeLock and the comments made by it were wrong. I went to the Home page and went to Credit Score and report and it did not agree with the score comments. Both were different and wrong. Is this the company I want protecting my back?

I have had LifeLock for a long time. The standard services have been ok but the coverage most people need are only included on the much more expensive upgrades which is disappointing. I need bank account coverage along with credit card coverage and all of those things are only available with upgraded packages which is really of no use to me as that would be way too expensive for me a month with having 3 accounts.

LifeLock

Hello,  We apologize regarding the issue with providing your credit scores and that you were not kept up to date on the status of the service order. This is unacceptable and does not meet with the level of service that LifeLock prides itself on providing. Unfortunately, if there are discrepancies on your credit file, this may cause problems when we request your credit report from the credit bureaus.  Due to privacy laws, the credit bureaus require that you contact them directly to dispute these discrepancies.  Since you were able to correct the error with the credit bureaus, we are happy to report that your updated reports and scores are now available for your review. Your feedback regarding the lack of follow up has been forwarded to the appropriate person here at LifeLock and we assure you the issue will be addressed.  Again, we apologize for your negative experience.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

There was a discrepancy between my credit report and my credit score. There were no discrepancies on my credit report. Based on my credit report, I should have a credit score over 800 however, the score on my credit report is 1. LifeLock could not resolve this issue. A service ticket was opened. LifeLock failed to keep me informed on the status of the service order. Ultimately I was told to fix it myself. I question their ability to effectively handle any issues.

To Be honest with you, once I seen the advertising on television, I felt a tremendous relief come over me. I actually feel so SAFE and secure it is almost unbelievable. I feel so much better when I have bills to pay and don't have to worry about anyone hacking into my account. I just want to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You have made my life to become complete, and it feels so wonderful to be able to live at peace.

I wish I had the "hacker" responsible for the identity theft I am living through right now for about ten minutes in a room alone. The second most gratifying thing is watching their attempts to loot my hard-earned life savings being frustrated at every turn by consumer protection mechanisms spearheaded by LifeLock's vigilance. This protection is second to none. I may never know what vulnerability the thieves exploited. I shudder to think what might have happened had they been able to surmount my countermeasures, the foremost of which is my LifeLock account. The money they saved me will pay for my membership, even if I live to be 100.

Excellent & immediate response to fraud, forgery for a very large sum of money after my husband's death. There is no way that I could have handled it. LIFELOCK was on the case immediately. I have recommended LIFELOCK many. It is a must in today's society!!

I needed to cancel my daughter's coverage when she married and moved out of my home. I was not able to accomplish that service online, but one email was all it took for LifeLock to take care of it for me. No pressure tactics, just took care of my problem. Excellent customer service. 5 Stars!

Someone tried to open a credit account with my data at barclays bank. With just a few simple questions LifeLock takes control of your situation, and resolves it. My data is out there due to many agencies being hacked - and there went my data!

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you experienced credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that Lifelock does not monitor charges on your existing credit card, they are protected and monitored by the financial institution that issued the card/account. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company can monitor your card along with you for unauthorized charges. The Lifelock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify Lifelock within (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If after an investigation by the financial institution and you are held responsible for the fraud charges that is when we can further assist. If you receive a collection notice, upon contact to the collection agency you determine what personal information of yours was used, the original date the service was opened, and balance and this original date was while you are a member of Lifelock we do assist.

I hope this clarification helps, and I apologize for any miscommunication that occurred.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Doesn't help you the way they say they will with fraud. I had two fraudulent charges on my credit cards that they didn't catch that cost me hundreds. Also said they could help me on another fraud charge of a collection notice. Just very poor company and makes a lot of promises they can't keep.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our security measures. It appears you successfully have your secured access back. We value you as a member.

Lifelock

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

See e-mails I sent to you seeing as I got locked out. When I called in got asked security questions that I did not set up and they said I answered incorrectly. Went online to try and change my passcode several times and that does not work and all I was doing was trying to give you my new cc. Makes me wonder if I had a problem what would you do?

I have taken pains to have security protection for my normal internet activities, my normal email activities, my normal phone activities, my normal online purchasing and banking activities, and much more and I simply was a member of LifeLock as an added "insurance" that, should my efforts ever be compromised by any means, LifeLock would be there to stop the intended compromise and be my backup for security should I need one. I have no problems with my membership with LIfeLock, rather it was a medical problem with me which forced me to leave my job and lose that portion of my income through nobody's fault whatsoever. They did for me what I paid them to do for me, watch my security and take any appropriate means to minimize any breaches of security already in place. They did their job well with no glitches.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your membership with LifeLock. Your account is set to cancel on 2/4/2017. We would like to take a moment to provide clarification on our services. LifeLock is unable to track your spending and we would not know about any transactions on your cards. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Your credit or debit card and bank accounts are protected by the bank or credit card company that issued your card. Should you lose your credit or debit card or find fraudulent activity on your card or bank statement, contact your bank or credit card company immediately, explain what happened, and request that they cancel the card/account number and issue a new card and account number. If you suspect fraud, file a fraud report with your bank or credit card company. Your bank or credit card company will do their own fraud investigations and in most instances refund any fraudulent charges. You will also want to file a police report. Be sure to maintain a copy of the police report as this may be needed during the dispute process. The LifeLock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify LifeLock within ninety (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If you experience any difficulty with reporting this issue, or if your bank or credit card company holds you responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, contact LifeLock immediately and one of our Member Services agents will assist you. Additionally, our LifeLock Identity Alert™ system is in place on all accounts. Alerts are sent for uses of your personal information in applications for credit and services within our network through the patented LifeLock Identity Alert system. Our proprietary Not Me® verification technology allows you to respond to suspicious activity. LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee from day one of their enrollment. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My American Express credit card was compromised twice in about a 6-month period and LifeLock never notified me. I would NOT recommend this service. They also sent me a strange communication when I had a temporary change of address for the summer of 2016 which I had initiated through the Post Office.

LifeLock

Hello, I’m sorry hear you had credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. Thank you for your feedback.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I had a credit card number stolen. LifeLock did not detect a threat, but my bank contacted me and canceled the card. I've never gotten an explanation from LifeLock so I asked to discontinue service. No one has called to explain or apologize. Very poor customer service and credit protection. I'm embarrassed that I trusted this company to protect me and I hope no one else falls for this false sense of security LifeLock markets. I HIGHLY recommend against using this service. Use the free credit monitoring services you are entitled to, don't give LifeLock a dime. Look me up and call me if you want more of the truth about this sham company.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear had credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Lifelock takes pride in our customer service. We apologize for any negative experience you may have had. Thank you for your feedback.

LifeLife, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was a LifeLock subscriber for nearly 2 years UNTIL I had a suspicious charge on my credit card which turned out to be fraud. I thought LifeLock would help as advertised but I was wrong. I was told I didn't have the gold membership so my this type of transaction WAS NOT covered which was to my surprise. The representative I dealt with was in a hurry to get me off the phone and really did nothing to help me. They wouldn't even look into the matter to make sure it would not happen again. Their job (as advertised) is to monitor your transactions, unless you paid for the cheap plan then they do not. Be careful what you sign up for. I canceled my account that next evening.

Hello,

Thank you for being a valued member. We appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sorry for any misunderstanding or communication on how Lifelock works that was not clearly explained to you either by speaking to us or viewing our website. Our member services department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address your concerns, explain your protection and provide details on what you need to provide to update your name. You can contact them at 800-Lifelock (543-3562)

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have been a member of LifeLock since August 2014. Since joining, I have gotten married and legally changed my name, opened 2 new credit card lines, updated my address two times, gotten my credit score pulled at least 2 times, and bought a house. LifeLock did not catch any of this. My LifeLock is still in my maiden name which has not been my legal name in over a year and a half. It's not really effective clearly, since these are all things that could be potential identify theft.

It loads too slowly or not at all. When seeking to review alerts, I often have to give up because it loads so slowly. That's all. The first sentence accurately describes my unsatisfactory experience. I have complained about this before.

LifeLock Company Profile