Call toll free
800-915-4952
4.05/5
Based on 744 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

2029 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

The Lifelock agent was very professional and helpful in rectifying the problem of my bank account not updating expenditures with Lifelock. The process of rectifying this problem was an easy fix of updating my bank account with Lifelock and waiting for the process to complete. Everything was accomplished within a 24 hour period as indicated by the Lifelock agent.

Dear Dale,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided you with excellent service. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Executive Escalations

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2018

I paid $25 a month for myself and $25 a month for my husband for the ultimate package to get our credit score and credit report anytime. I began complaining 6 months ago without results. Didn’t get credited back any money. Just constant excuses each time I called. What a rip off. I’ll never trust LifeLock again. What a joke.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact this member on 07/10/2018, 07/12/2018, and 07/17/2018 via telephone and email. We would be happy to address the member’s concerns should they return our calls.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had LifeLock for a month in April 2018, I got rid of LifeLock because of a few reps who were incompetent and told me false stuff. In May I got an email begging me to come back and offered another free month and a $25 gift card. After setting up again, they couldn't get my credit score the second time. I escalated a ticket and got lied to and run around. Days later I got another ticket to supposedly fix it. Still cant fix it. I wasted over 17 hours on the phone with them, keep in mind I have all their calls recorded because they lie way to much. They basically bait and switched me to come back and wasted my first month while nothing worked. '

One rep gave me a second month because of the issue. No reps return calls, they all promise you one thing and when you call to follow up the reps act like it never existed. The reps have accused me of lying and not getting a free promo and had to show the idiots the email to prove they're wrong. They are rude and each call is roughly an hour of my time to get nowhere.

I have a promo that ends: 07/24/2018. Upon cancellation they now trying to renege and cancel me on 06/23/0218 which is fraud, a scam and breach of contract. Again I have calls recorded, screenshots of emails. When I canceled the rep was rude and laughing at me saying, "You must be broke if you cant afford to pay another month." Wrong. I can pay but you frauded me in my trial. I'm in the process of contacting the media, FTC, And attorney general because they have such abusive sales tactics and lies and that $100,000,000 fine didnt teach them a lesson.

*Update* They offered 2 years free LifeLock settlement in exchange to remove all my complaints and avoid legal action. Once I pulled my complaints, within a week they changed my plan to a lower plan even though I have emails, mail, recorded phone calls and evidence proving every single piece of this complaint.

I have phone logs showing 17 hours wasted. When I called they put me on hold for 38 minutes then hung up.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2018

I'm very disappointed in the LifeLock service. I'd been a loyal customer for years, but when I finally needed their support, they let me down. All I got was a bunch of excuses about their lack of comprehensive coverage for credit card fraud. What are you paying for then? When I initially called to report a problem in early June, the person I talked to could barely speak English, but I did get the same excuses from her. I didn't even get the courtesy of a phone call when I gave notice of my cancellation.

LifeLock contacted member on 07/06/2018 date and addressed their concerns

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been a LifeLock customer for several yrs. & am very satisfied with the way they keep me updated give my credit score. They are very helpful and knowledgeable in answering questions & making sure they’re answered to the customer’s satisfaction. They’re the best!

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: June 30, 2018

Automated call stated credit breach and to call back. Called back and Associate was clueless about breach. Client portal unavailable and access to account denied. Associate stated we the customer had a problem. Told we had to speak to supervisor. 40 minutes on hold and then hung up on by Lifelock without speaking a word waiting for supervisor. Called back and denied access to Associate and Supervisor. Had to use another company concerning breach. We wasted almost $720 with Lifelock. Do not recommend this company.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2018

I subscribed for the LifeLock advantage (middle plan). I thought I would at least be notified if credit was taken out in my name. I opened a 5 year no-interest account and in addition took out a home equity loan... Nothing from this company. Not a word. So if this wasn't me - after that they would spend their resources to find who did it? I say that's too little too late. To add insult to injury - I get a prorated refund? This company messed up and should have refunded my entire fee.

Their only response was that they don't notify a customer on all credit alerts. I had a cheap no name company for years who alerted me the minute a credit application was signed. The only reason I left was because it was hard to get a human on the line. Lifelock Customer service is like trained robots. They read you what they don't do. Not so sure how good they would be if something happened! Don't believe all their hype. There are companies out there for less money that are better. I should have burned my $200+ dollars rather than pay them!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Twice now in several months, someone has opened a Lifelock Account in my name. I know because the notifications are sent to my email address. Not only did I NOT open an account, but no one opened an account with my authorization or on my behalf. Moreover, I have a fraud alert that I have placed on all 3 credit reports to make sure that no one links to my credit without calling me first. My Yahoo account was one of the accounts that was hacked, and my information was stolen. And yet Lifelock, a purported "Identity Theft Protection" service, keeps helping an identity thief by opening accounts in my name!!! Presumably, the identity thief is trying to get established with a basic account so they can switch to the preferred account and gain access to my credit report for updated information... the same report that I have locked under Fraud Alerts with Experian, Transunion, and Equifax!

Needless to say, I am FURIOUS. Once was bad enough. But twice??? And I have yet to receive confirmation that Lifelock has closed this second account and contacted the bank that issued the credit card used to notify them that a stolen identity was used to open that account. I am ready to run this story with the press... and to start a lawsuit. If more people than just myself have gone through this, I will file a Class Action Lawsuit. On top of all that, I had to call Lifelock on 2 occasions on this matter -- having been cut off once and then made to wait on hold for 20 minutes to talk to a supervisor. This is absurd.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My identity was stolen and one of the neighbors said, “Why don’t you try LifeLock?” And I had never heard of them so, I looked it up and I’ve had LifeLock and they've caught several people since. My bank has IDnotify but I kept LifeLock because I’ve had such a good experience with them. If it wasn’t for them notifying me by email or text, I would have no idea my identity was stolen. And their team is wonderful. I thanked somebody several times for dealing with a slow old woman. I wouldn’t get rid of them ever.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My husband had LifeLock from work and he told me about it. He said that it was a good idea and I signed up with them. Just recently, I had identity theft. The process was long but I had a wonderful interaction with LifeLock's team and they were all very nice and attentive and helpful. I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes at a time while they call each bank and store. I was glad I signed up with LifeLock and I'd be screwed up if it wasn’t for them. It was a great experience and I will recommend them.

Dear Karin,

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had fraudulent activity and LifeLock helped me clear it up. It’s a comfort knowing that it tags everytime somebody goes into my information. There have been a couple of times when I’ve said, “No, not me” and stopped the actions. Overall, I’m very pleased with LifeLock.

Dear Edward,

Original review: June 25, 2018

When I was having creditors and identity theft fraud issues I used LifeLock and it has been a good service. It has been successful.

Dear James,

Original review: June 25, 2018

I've been scammed and I've been compromised with the FBI, the Veterans' Records Section and with the OPM. I already receive free coverage from the government as I have 10 years of monitoring that comes free. But I still like the way LifeLock does it. Also, when I looked at other forms, their prices were at least at a par, if not more reasonable. Plus, LifeLock offered at the time a million dollars' worth of protection which was one of the aspects of their program.

When I had an incursion about six months ago, they caught it right away and called me. There were three attempts to open a bank credit card account in our names. Twice in mine and one in my wife's. We discussed the problem, then LifeLock made contact with the bank where the attempted incursions happened and we had a three-way conversation. It takes a three-way conversation to squash the incursion. We went through that three times with the three different attempts. LifeLock performed where they said they will and they were able to straighten it out. They were competent and they did their work well. They're the only ones that I really ascribe for continuous coverage.

Dear Edwin,

Original review: June 25, 2018

LifeLock does a very good job. It was the only one I knew about and it was for my mom ‘cause she’s older and some people were messing with our credit. I like LifeLock's customer service and it was easy to enroll with them. Anytime that we have a problem, they send me an email and they call. And every time I call, I'm not on hold for a long time. We’ve had a couple of incidents with my mom and myself to where our credit was being ransacked. And then, LifeLock called and they stooped it. They’re doing what they’re supposed to do and they need to keep up the good work. I would tell other people to make sure that they keep their credit and their social security safe and use LifeLock.

Dear Cory,

Original review: June 24, 2018

My wife and I retired and moved to NC this March. Within 2 weeks both my credit card information and my wife's complete information was stolen. Both issues were resolved and we have recommended LifeLock to anyone that will listen. We will be lifelong LifeLock'ers.

Dear Thomas,

Original review: June 24, 2018

A year and a half ago, thieves got my social security number off my Medicare card, so I decided to get LifeLock. Now, I’m trying to get rid of this PayPal issue and the LifeLock individuals I've spoken to have tried very hard to be helpful but the issue just keeps going on and on. Traditionally on January 28th or 29th, I get a notice that asks if it was me applying for credit and I tell them no and thought that that was it. But even if on January 30th I try to contact Paypal and say that it was fraud, I would still have to go the same process. Paypal has closed the account, but every two days I get a notice saying that they couldn’t process my order. So, every Friday afternoon since January I've sat down and written emails and made phone calls. I get these notices 36 hours after something happens and that's too late. Still, I'm gonna stick with LifeLock because of the quality of the people they have on staff.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had LifeLock for several years now but with my first identity theft issue, it didn’t help me much at all. I reported to LifeLock that I’ve had numerous IRS filings but I’m not so sure they'd be able to do in notifying me about it. About two years ago, I had somebody very nice file a tax refund for me from the state of DC, from Maryland, from Indiana, from Iowa, from Michigan and from Wisconsin.

All $1,500 usually just go through and they send you a check although everybody wanted more information except Indiana who sent me a one. So my lucky factor was, whoever has my identity wasn’t able to change the address of my IRS so everything came to me. That’s how I knew I was having problems with that identity theft. I notified LifeLock and they said okay and that they could show me where to get the papers. I told them I already filed that and they said that’s taking care of it. I thought it's not a big help but fine. And then, just before I started having these things that LifeLock started calling me about, I had somebody again file an employment request with the state of Maryland. I tried to get ahold of LifeLock but every time I did, it said, “Press this for this, press this for a person, all the lines are covered, call back later.”

I didn’t have anything other than go down through an unemployment office and not gonna travel over to Baltimore, Maryland to file a false claim. I also got a request from the state of Iowa and had about the same luck on getting hold of them other than when I was on the internet, making sure that the number that I had on the form was the right one because I never called. Somebody sends me a form and says call this number to make sure that this gets filed right. Also, instead of dealing with these fraud alerts, freezing the credit’s gonna be a better deal for me. Nevertheless, I’d recommend LifeLock to others. They have been the most proactive among all the ones I looked at.

Original review: June 23, 2018

ACCESS to LIFELOCK is frustrating and unsuccessful. Long waits on phone without success. E-mail informing you of my inability to connect is unanswered. LIFELOCK is NOT customer friendly. And we had a problem in June, 2017 and you were not aware of it. We had to inform you!! How are we protected???

Original review: June 23, 2018

My daughter’s got LifeLock and I’ve also seen it on TV. Then we got something in the mail or I got an email about a discounted price. I had heard good things about LifeLock and since we'e in this crazy world, we got their identity theft protection service. Someone accidentally keyed in a number wrong and used my husband's social security, and they alerted us immediately. We were at a racetrack on a Saturday afternoon and they called. They sent me the address to what I needed to do and I did what they told me to do, and nothing showed back up. Everything came out A-OK. They have great people to work with. They were Johnny-on-the-spot, very helpful and on top of it. You should get LifeLock. We haven’t had it long but we’ve had a great experience with them.

Dear Rita,

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience with LifeLock is bittersweet. A long time ago Rush Limbaugh was talking about it on his show so I looked it up. And then I had it and then I dropped it ‘cause of money. And then I decided to get it again because I’m an IT and I’ve realized that you're just gonna have to force yourself to pay for something. The selling point for me was if someone is opening an account you’ll get a notification right away and I didn’t find anybody else that did it. I like also the fact that they’d have people to help you get that identity theft if it did go through. They would help you resolve it and get it taken care of.

The cool thing was I didn’t know my identity was stolen until it was on the app. And if I was gonna try it out myself, I would do it once a year or whatever with a free credit report and then by the end of it, it would’ve been too late. You have to see that response and I could say ‘No’ but it still got through. It was normally you would get shut down but it didn’t and it still went through, and I didn’t realize it until about a month later. I told LifeLock it wasn’t me and we got it resolved. The restoration team is really good. However, I was told that they were gonna fix everything and then all my expenses will gonna be reimbursed and that’s not entirely true.

It’s worth it but don’t get your hopes up over the one million dollar guarantee. That is kinda shady because it’s not entirely accurate. That’s not really why you’re doing it anyway. It’s just that normally, in our culture we always look at all the money side of it. If it happens, it happens. But the most important thing is that you have a team. The restoration team that was there, they know what they’re doing and send you a packet, you just give them the information, they’ll get it knocked out and you’re not going to worry about it. The only stress we have is running around trying to get all these documents that you have to do. But then you upload everything to the portal and you’re good to go.

Dear Anthony,

Original review: June 23, 2018

I wanted to make sure that my bank accounts and credit cards are all protected and an identity theft protection service seemed like a good idea. I had a long-standing problem with someone who had stolen my identity and had accessed funds in my name, had all my information, my social security number, where I work, telephone number, address and date of birth. It was affecting my credit so I called LifeLock and they told me what the process was and what steps I could take. I did those and the problem got resolved. Thereafter, I got a letter from the company that was chasing me which said that there were no more problems and it was taken off my credit report. Everybody that I've talked to at LifeLock was very knowledgeable, helpful, thorough and professional. LifeLock is affordable and when I needed it, it was effective. I've already recommended this company to a bunch of people.

Dear Rexford,

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had gone through two credit card fraud situations. US Bank was very good at dealing with them but it was getting to a point where I just thought we needed something more so I went ahead and took out LifeLock. It was the best that I've heard about from other people. They thought that LifeLock was good and I didn’t have any better alternative so I went with them. LifeLock's notification trigger, the alerts, helped us. We've had not many but probably four or five alerts and some of them were just mortgage companies requesting a credit check which is no big deal but we have had two situations where we had someone trying to apply for a credit card under my name. My interactions with their team were all excellent. I recommend LifeLock all the time.

Dear James,

Original review: June 22, 2018

I've had a couple of times when somebody tried to open up accounts, and LifeLock caught it and took care of it. Their team has all been good when I contact them.

Dear Larry,

Original review: June 22, 2018

There was an attempt at a credit card in my name and LifeLock alerted me. They put me in touch with the particular bank and they knew what they were doing. They set up a time for a conference call with the bank and the bank recognized it as a fraud as well. LifeLock monitored what they were supposed to monitor and they were prompt. Also, the agents that I spoke with were courteous. It's worth the money against fraud and theft and to protect your identity.

Dear Paul,

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had an identity theft situation and LifeLock was the best identity theft protection provider that I could think of. I had a stolen identity situation, so I contacted LifeLock. Their products and services have been able to help me a bit. They are always there to help me and they do an intervention where they interview the other party that I have a problem with. They would really take care of everything. I enjoyed talking to their staff. They were very knowledgeable and very helpful. LifeLock is a very terrific company and they're very concerned about my problem. My brother had the same situation. I told him about LifeLock and he signed up for it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Emailed LifeLock Customer Service letting them know I cannot input my bank password as the field does not allow enough characters. The CSR's response was for me to change my password, make it shorter. So why does LifeLock offer account monitoring at all then if it cannot make a simple programming change to allow additional characters within the password field? Not at all acceptable by me - if LifeLock can't fix this soon, then I will discontinue using their services and sign up with Experian which will cost me more money but like they say, "You get what you pay for" and I'm certain Experian can do better.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 07/05/2018 to address his concerns.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have a lot of assets and electronics and also, I travel and I have to use hotel WiFi which isn't a good thing but I don't have a choice so I looked into identity theft protection. I use LifeLock for travel and they notified me once about something. I haven’t had issues and the service is important enough that I added my wife to it.

Dear Donald,

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had my identity stolen and a cousin of mine told me about LifeLock. I looked it up, read about it and the team was very polite and nice when I interacted with them. LifeLock alerts you right away and then, you are able to put it in check such that nothing further occurs. I feel very comfortable and secure knowing they have my back and I have recommended them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

It seems that the president of LifeLock put his social security number on a truck and drove it down the city streets of New York, and that was the first time I saw that, so I chose them to be our identity theft protection provider. So far, we've had two or three incidents where our security has been breached, and they were quick enough to get two of them stopped. With one of them, we had to completely lock down our credit reports and I just got a resolution on this last one today.

They were the muscle and they had more leverage in talking with the creditors that got their attention. The last creditor didn't want to talk to me and they said that we were just trying to duck out, but when LifeLock got on the phone with them it was a completely different story. I've been very pleased with everybody that I've talked to there. One thing that I like about these folks is they have an understanding or an empathy. It was really frustrating on my end to be going through some of these incidents and they were able to work out our way through these once step at a time, and they brought the issues to a resolution every time. Out of the three identity theft incidents that we've had, we got 100% success three times.

Dear Raymond,

Original review: June 20, 2018

One of my company’s buildings got broken into and the computer systems got hacked so they gave all of us a membership for LifeLock as a precaution. It has helped me and anytime something happens, even if it’s me doing it, they catch it beforehand so I like it. It also makes me feel safe and their people have been good.

LifeLock expert review by Rob Douglas

LifeLock is an identity theft protection company that is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. Founded in 2005, the company is considered one of the leading identity theft protection companies in the world. In 2017, LifeLock was acquired by Symantec Corp., a world leader in cyber security.

• Standard Plan: LifeLock’s Standard plan includes all SSN and credit alerts. It also includes lost wallet protection, address change verification, website surveillance, LifeLock Privacy Monitor and $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement. The Standard plan costs $9.99 per month.

• Advantage plan: The Advantage plan includes everything in the standard plan but increases reimbursement funds to $100,000. The Advantage plan also adds data breach notifications, bank and credit card activity alerts, an annual credit card report and a VantageScore credit report from one bureau. The Advantage plan costs $19.99 per month.

• Ultimate Plus plan: LifeLock’s Ultimate Plus plan includes the features of the Advantage plan but adds an annual credit report from three bureaus, monthly VantageScore tracking, 401(k) and investment alerts, credit inquiry alerts, sex offender registry alerts and priority live member support. The Ultimate Plus plan costs $29.99 per month.

• $1 Million service guarantee: LifeLock ensures that the company will spend up to $1 million to help get a customer's identity back on track after a case of theft. Check LifeLock's website for its legal policy regarding its terms, conditions and exclusions.

• App service: Users can track their identity protection service with LifeLock’s cell phone application.

• Best for: people at risk of identity theft, families and people who frequently use credit cards.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information