Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars7%
  • 3 stars5%
  • 2 stars3%
  • 1 stars4%

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock has been a great asset to me, they have caught fraud attempts on my credit through the years and it is even more important today to have their service. I feel it is worth whatever the cost to keep your credit protected. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you LIFELOCK.

LifeLock is a life saver! They are so attentive and don't miss a thing! I am so grateful for their services and their customer service is second to none.

Customer service is excellent. Service is okay I guess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me regarding your experience. As discussed the breach you experienced as a member should have been handled with our restoration team. If the matter is not resolved with you directly speaking to the creditor you can contact Lifelock to assist to ensure proper resolution occurs.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Got LL after a breach in credit. A few months went by and another breach occurred. Instructed to contact the Bureaus myself by LL CSR. Glorified text message service. Free apps available you can do the same thing with. What am I really paying for?

If you didn't have LifeLock you need to get it. Someone got my personal information and applied for a credit card using my good credit. I got an alert from the good people at LifeLock. I informed them I didn't make an application for a credit card. I spoke to a representative from LifeLock and in less than 24 hours they and resolved the issue and helped me contact the credit bureau to put an alert on my information going forward. I can't imagine what could have happened to my good credit had LifeLock not been there helping protect what I have worked so hard to have. In today's age of information being so readily available, you need someone in the shadows watching out for you. Thanks so much LifeLock!!!

My questions or concerns have been addressed in a very satisfactory manner and would have no problem at all recommending LifeLock to my family or friends!

I like program and everyone was good. I just requested that your company send me information about the program and version. Thank you.

I need to know if someone is using my name from 1999 to now if there's a wife. I don't have a wife, house or car under my name.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear you have encountered this error. Please call our Member Service Department at your convenience at 1-800-543-3562. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and look forward to your call. Thank you
Denise Suggs

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

You wanted me to change my username and password. You gave me a username. You never gave me a chance to give my password (blank page) so I cannot get onto your website. You never contact me and now I can't get on your website!

Alert! Attempt to open a Credit Card in my name. Very astute. On top of it.

LifeLock

Hello I can certainly understand your concerns. When you enroll in a plan that includes Public Records monitoring, you will receive Court Records reports. These reports are pulled from various sources to help you protect yourself from being associated with criminal arrest and conviction records that may have resulted from others using your personally identifiable information for criminal purposes. The initial baseline report will give you an indication of what is currently listed in your record. This may include past infractions that have already been dismissed. If the records are valid for you, no further action is needed. We will notify you if any change occurs to this report in the future.

Please note that the Court Records reports will search records based on first/last name and date of birth matches. This may on occasion cause an alert to be received which does not necessarily indicate that identity theft occurred. If there is a middle name or initial listed that does not match yours this is not indicative of identity theft and the alert can be disregarded.

If all of the information (including the middle name or middle initial) matches yours, please contact the court listed on the report to confirm that this record does not pertain to your social security number and that no identity theft has occurred. Please note that the court records may also include items such as driving infractions. We apologize for any confusion this alert may have caused.

Thank you.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

An email from Lifelock today contained the subject: "LifeLock Notification: Court Records". Then the following: "While this notification doesn't necessarily mean you are a victim of identity theft, we found information that you should review. We detected a match of your name and date of birth in the following:

Court Record Details, Alert Date 08/09/2016 08:43 AM".

Eventually, after a very rude female phone representative, I got to a "Supervisor". It turns out that the "Alert Date" is just today's date and that the court record date was about 20 years ago. It took some time for Lifelock to explain that there must have been some change to the court record in the last two days and that was what triggered the worrying email message.

I had already checked the court records after I received the email and before I got through to Lifelock on the telephone. I could find no such change. The supervisor put me on hold again, after talking over me loudly several times. She came back and said it was because the courts were updating old records to "digital" format. This was a recorded conversation. Both sides of telephone conversations can be recorded.

I suggested that could be a possible reason, but unlikely. She insisted that this was the ONLY reason. Lifelock, she claimed. were 100% certain that no other reason existed for sending out the email suggesting my identity had been stolen. This phone call was recorded. I believe that I was not told the truth and that emails such as the one I received are sent by Lifelock to customers shortly before their annual contract expires. The emails have the intent of convincing customers that they are receiving a vigilant service. This is deceptive practice. It causes worry, wastes time and causes much aggravation with discourteous telephone support. I cancelled both my and my wife's accounts. My account was costing $350/yr.

LifeLock started immediately working on our behalf. I really appreciate the immediate alerts and working to solve our problem. Justin was very helpful and kept me informed about our conference call.

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. We will be happy to assist you regarding your Lifelock service for you and your spouse. Please contact us us 1-800-Lifelock (543-3562) we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

In January, it was my intent to add my husband to my membership and upgrade to the better plan. It appears that he has his own account with the updated plan and I have a separate account with the basic plan. One is over $300 the other over $200. This is not what my intentions were. One account for my family (husband and myself) with the premium plan. Thank you.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear you would like to cancel your service. Please contact LifeLock at 1-800-543-3562 and we will be able to assist you. Thank you
Denise Suggs

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I signed up at my son's request. Unfortunately, I find this to be a waste of my time. PLEASE delete me!!

LifeLock has given me a peace of mind I've not had for years. For many years I experienced various forms of personal identity compromises. Breaches that were most impactful relative to my credit rating. LifeLock has assisted me with strengthening my credit standing due to your monitoring, reporting and informing processes. I thank LifeLock for your consistent professionalism, effectiveness and personal attention to the needs to your customers. I'm especially grateful for the personal security you've provided me and once again, for my peace of mind!

The lady who spoke with me was very understanding. She helped me with a new Password. She was emphatic to my inability to address Windows 10!

This just happened Aug 2nd 2016. You alerted me right away and I was able to stop this fraud. I put a lock on all my credit. Thanks again.

Due to someone using my correct SSA# for a credit Card Application at MACY's I was notified of what appeared to be a fraudulent attempt since the action was not taken by me. The quick response by LifeLock, I believe the issue is resolved. I still must comply with Macy's request to send a FAX letter to them to facilitate complete resolution of the matter. LifeLock's policies seem very reasonable and the agents very helpful!

Yahoo was hacked, issued new credit cards.

LifeLock is truly amazing! Worth every penny!!! They just prevented 4 different fraud applications for services and credit cards. My LifeLock representative was wonderful and she called the different vendors and cancelled all.

It was handled very professionally to a resolution.

LifeLock

Hello, I am sorry to hear of your experience. LifeLock is committed to providing a world class experience to all of our members, including the resolution of any complaints regarding our products or services. Even though the level of service you selected to have did not include credit inquiry alerts, if you became a victim of identity theft and someone was able to purchase a vehicle with your personal information you were still covered under the service guarantee. The $1 Million Service Guarantee - If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock member, we will spend up to $1 Million to hire the experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. (If you are a resident of New York, the benefits are underwritten by State National Insurance Company.) For full details, terms and restrictions on the policy please see LifeLock.com/legal.
You may cancel Lifelock at anytime and a prorated refund for the unused portion of your July monthly billing was issued on July 27, 2016 back to the card the was originally charged. Please allow 5-7 business days for this to reflect in your account. Please accept our sincere apology for any miscommunication and lack of customer service you received.

Lifelock, INC.

Original review: July 27, 2016

I purchased LifeLock after my wallet was stolen with my personal information. After about 2 months my husband and I purchased a vehicle in which my credit was pulled and a new loan was established. LifeLock never notified me of the inquiry. I was told that they only notify if the financial institutions is in network. When I ask which institutions were in network, he said he couldn't tell me because I could be a thief. Needless to say I canceled. And am upset that I was refused refund and customer service just speaks over customers and hangs up.

Detected someone checking on my credit report while applying for a equity loan for our account. I feel better that someone is looking out for my credit cards, bank accounts, and loans. I would recommend LifeLock to all my friends and neighbors by telling them of my experiences with LifeLock. Thank you.

Excellent and intuitive handling of personal identity related issues. I signed up after my wallet was stolen and there was an attempt to take my identity from me. Lifelock proved very helpful in alerting me almost daily on activity across financial and personal accounts. Highly recommended.

LifeLock

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Please contact our Member Services Dept at 1-800-Lifelock (543-3562) for assistance to log into your portal. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely

Original review: July 13, 2016

I can't get to my account. How do I get in? If not please cancel my account ASAP...

LifeLock

Hello, I understand your concern. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by the United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: July 13, 2016

LifeLock is supposed to monitor to detect new accounts that are opened in my name to prevent identity theft. I moved, opened new credit accounts to purchase furniture and appliances for my new home, thousands of dollars. LifeLock missed all of these accounts. Thank goodness I had a backup credit/identity monitoring service which DID detect the new account activity to verify with me that I was the one who opened them. I found my subscription in LifeLock to be a complete and utter waste of money.

LifeLock

Hello, I am sorry to hear about the experience you had during your enrollment. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the LifeLock for your first experience with our company. Thank you for your feedback is very important to us.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: July 8, 2016

The enrollment procedure was clumsy and if all my other interactions with LifeLock are as bad, I would not expect to renew.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 13, 2016

I was contacted by Lifelock today and everything was resolved. Somehow my e-mail was wrong and I did not receive any acknowledgment from Lifelock. The person I spoke to was very polite and courteous. I was amazed how fast these people responded to my problem. Says a lot for their credit monitoring!

LifeLock

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to speak with me today. You are correct that you did receive 30 days free before the billing occurred. I resent your Welcome Letter via email to the corrected email on file. If you have any further questions or need assistance please feel free to contact our Member Services at 1-800-Lifelock (543-3562) they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Lifelock INC

Original review: July 7, 2016

I took advantage of LifeLock protection back in may of this year. It stated 30 days free protection. Well I put the payment on my Discover card. The services were charged to me. I never received any acknowledgement that I was covered - nothing! I don't know to this date what the processes and the coverage is, they never acknowledged they received my payment. The only way I found out was from my discover card statement. I have made some high dollar purchases lately and "LifeLock" Has not notified me. I wonder about the legitimacy of so called LifeLock!!

LifeLock Company Profile