Call toll free
800-915-4952
3.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock identity theft protection uses innovative monitoring technology and alert tools to help proactively safeguard your credit and finances.† They will send you alerts for potential identity

theft by text, phone‡‡, email or mobile app. If identity theft does occur, a U.S.-Based Identity Restoration Specialist, dedicated to you, is there to personally manage your case.

No one can prevent all identity theft.

† LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses.

‡‡ Phone alerts made during normal local business hours.

View More View More

2286 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

I called LifeLock today 4-19-19.. about my acct. at the around the end of call I was asked if I wanted to add Norton free to my ultimate plus..I eventually agreed as it was free so I thought I would give it a try. Seconds after hanging up I get emails informing me my credit card was billed and another email starting a new contract...I never agreed to either. I spent the rest of the day trying to rectify this situation and I now have been bill several more times and given one credit but my bill is yearly and I had just paid it in November...the way the charges look now is I have been billed another 526.00+ the $ I paid in November for a year..

I am now looking for a different company so I can cancel this as what I was told and what keeps being done is a huge mess. All my calls were sent overseas. The service Dept was open here but my calls were rerouted.. I have been a customer since about 2013 or before. Never once was I told in the beginning of this mess my acct would be canceled..and I would be billed again... IT DOES NO GOOD TO CALL AGAIN. I have done so..trying to have all that removed. The only thing left I can think of is cancel these accounts and payments...

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I canceled my family's membership on February 14th and continue to get charged every month. The first month I called to see what happened and was told they were "aware that a bunch of customers were accidentally charged and they were working on getting it cleared up ASAP". They refunded one of the 5 accounts I was charged for the following week. The next month I was charged again. I called and the customer service rep told me that I should call my bank to stop payments. I asked her to contact billing since she would not transfer me to them and ask them to fix the billing due to the fact that I no longer had an account.

This month I was again charged for all 5 of my accounts. I called again and got the same message to call my bank and request a stop payment for all things coming from Lifelock. It seems like they are not wanting to do their job and passing me off the a bank?! I asked to speak to a supervisor. After 45 minutes, Barbara finally answered and told me I could not speak to billing about refunding the past months of payments even when I did not have an account. She told me she would file a message and get it to billing. "Great. Can they call me and let me know when they have processed a refund for the account that is canceled?" Nope. I was told they do not make or receive calls from billing.

"Ok, may I please speak to your supervisor?" Nope. She could only fill out a request to have someone call me in 3-5 days. Seriously? LifeLock is unwilling to rectify mistakes and make it right. I did a little research and they are not part of the BBB. Makes sense why, right? I have since contacted my bank and filed a fraudulent claim against them for the past months that I was charged for a service I was not receiving. Too bad it ended this way. I did like the service while I used it and would have likely returned in the future if I felt I needed monitoring again. I no longer can say that.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I called to try to cancel my contract because their website is broken - the rep was rude, telling me I was wrong. I've tried 5 times to get on my portal, and it keeps telling me it is down. He refused to listen to me and refund money. This company is a scam...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2019

I received invite to upgrade for product Norton 360 with LifeLock. Tried installing product and it also includes a SecureVPN for which installation not working. So, I called support and they keep transferring to agent after agent department after department putting on hold. They have no clue how to resolve even technical issues of their own products. With this kind of support, I can't trust this LifeLock monitoring service. Will cancel the service.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the consumer on 04/15/2019 and addressed his concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had LifeLock for years. Well after the last few years I have opened accounts with a few banks and NOT 1 TIME did I hear from them. So I called to cancel and they said I was on some other account which is old and they don't offer anymore. WELL, wouldn't you let me know I was paying that much for nothing? Then they tried to offer me the 9.99 plan that covers the monitoring of my social number and something else!!! Really I have been paying for this for years and you didn't monitor anything or contact me over the years (10) and now you want me to pay you again.... NOT!!!! IT IS WHAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE!!!!

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/12/2019 and discussed his concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Watch those bills really closely. Because the 9.99 plan changes to a 33$ plan without you actually agreeing to the change. Then You call them, tell them you are bundled with Norton and no one can help you. Their suggestion was I cancel the plan, go back to Norton and then re-enroll. Non-sense.

Original review: April 7, 2019

At no point do they tell you that the service might not be able to monitor your credit cards, but as it turns out, this is the case. They couldn't monitor ANY of my cards, which is a large part of their service. On top of that, they don't refund your money if you are a monthly subscriber. So service NOT as advertised, and they keep your money. They are not a protection service, they are a scam.

LifeLock response

LifeLock made contact with the consumer on 04/08/2019 and addressed their concerns.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I tried the service and in the same day wanted to cancel it for a refund because I was not impressed with what I get for the 8.99. They would not give me back my money. I called a few times. The customer service folks did not seem very skilled in handling calls.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

When told my info was on the Dark Web, I got basically no corroborating info as to why or what the info was. in So, when I questioned the info sent, I received a long message, basically not related to my info on the dark web, but suggesting I change passwords. I never did receive any info that showed me what was was on the web, that belonged to me.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 04/05/2019 to address her concerns.

Original review: March 30, 2019

When I received the alert, I called LifeLock. I do not and have never had a LifeLock account. Customer service tried to push it off on me to call my bank. I wanted something official from them first. They finally agreed to do an incident report. Came back on the phone to say they did and they have been having some billing problems. When I asked for the incident number, I was put on hold again. Then she came back to say they could send one over email. I refused to give my email. I was put on hold again to see what they could do to give me a number. After 10 minutes on hold she came back and pretended not to be able to hear me so she told me to call back and hung up on me. These are people that are supposed to protect people's identity?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Impersonal robots, NO LIVE voice, on hold, disconnected. Cheap, LOW END customer service. Charging HIGH Premiums. I'm looking to change to a competent service, with attentive, competent, live humans answering promptly when calling. When a client of yours calls, there's STRESS. The local license branch here gives better service than LifeLock...

Original review: March 27, 2019

I received an Alert, the message was difficult to understand. I took 4 email messages from Lifelock to clarify the alert. A clear alert with suggested actions would have been preferable? When you receive an Alert your heartbeat quickens. Too bad I was left hanging with nothing but imagination.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 03/29/2019 to discuss his concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2019

It took several attempts to receive my credited AA miles as promised in the May 2018 offer. I paid twice the amount for a full service subscription and paid the year's subscription in full. In an online chat before subscribing the CSR advised me I would receive the 12,000 miles after 2 months of enrollment. Never happened until the fall of 2018. I will never do business with LifeLock b/c of their poor customer service and lack of response to my inquiries

Original review: March 22, 2019

I intended to cancel my LifeLock account after the first month because I realized it did little for me that I could not do myself for free. Accordingly, I set a reminder on my calendar for the renewal deadline and called LifeLock at about 5:45 a.m. local time to cancel the account. I was advised by two supervisors that because I did not cancel prior to the date of the renewal, as opposed to on the date of renewal, that my $26.99 could not be refunded or prorated, and was referred to the fine print in the terms and conditions. As not refunding the payment because I missed the deadline by less than six hours seemed a bit extreme, I tried going further up the chain at LifeLock, but was rebuffed. After reading the reviews on this site, I guess that I should not be at all surprised. I learned a lesson, and would never, ever recommend LifeLock to anyone.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 03/25/2019 and addressed his concerns.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The service intermittently loses connection with your bank so they will not send you alerts and you don't know this unless you log into your account. Every month you get the same alerts over and over about your mortgage, credit card payments etc. The software is not smart enough to know these are recurring payments and therefore should not alert you. Because the last I knew the bad guys would not be logging into your account and pay your bills! It did recently alert me to some fitness website allegedly tied into my name on the dark web, but I have no clue what it is and they give you no help identifying. I am only paying for the base service through my work so maybe that is why. Perhaps the more you pay the more they protect you. I guess on some level it may work but you might as well investigate the credit protection offered through the credit bureaus, you couldn't do any worse.

Original review: March 19, 2019

LifeLock mixed up two accounts. I called and they couldn't resolve it. I transferred the money from one account into the other and closed one of the accounts. LifeLock stopped monitoring both accounts, again I called. It's needless to say after being transferred from rep to rep several times I still did not make any progress. I managed to finally, after another hour get in touch with their subscription dept. I cancelled my membership. I lost all confidence in their ability to protect anything.

Original review: March 17, 2019

10 days ago LIFELOCK lost connection with my bank and there has been no way for me to reconnect because LIFELOCK has been having technical problems. A service ticket has been sent to their technical department and the problem has not been corrected. When I spoke to the last LIFELOCK representative I was told the problem could take 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years to be resolved, however I am still receiving protection as well as other services, just No Monitoring with the major Bank that I had been receiving monitoring services and that I would have to do that on my own until the technical problem was fixed. I had been told by a supervisor that this could take up to 7 days and I would be receiving updates by phone as well as emails. This Never Happened. I normally do not receive poor customer service from companies that I deal with, however I have this is Not the case with Lifelock.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I called customer support to get my email address changed. Also couldn’t remember my member ID. I was on the phone for about an hour — the support person kept asking me to go through the same steps again and again. She refused to transfer me to someone else. After an hour of frustration, she submitted a ticket. I called 2 days later after hearing nothing. The new support person said it could take 2 hours to 2 months to get my email address reset. So...if they can’t even reset an email address why do I believe they can monitor my credit rating and social security number?

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the member on 03/18/2019 and addressed her concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 15, 2019

Maybe it's a scam, but after 4 years of being with them I realized I was being way overcharged for services. And when I complained, no one cared, but they did send me a dark web alert on the last day of my contract, and then, of course, I couldn't even see what it was.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact the member on 03/18, 03/22, and 03/26 via telephone and email. We would be happy to address the member’s concerns, should they return our calls.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The phone representative made a mistake during original registration (substituting my street address for my last name), which affects the search features connected to privacy monitoring. After repeated and tedious communications with the support team, the problem remains unsolved. I paid for their premium service and have received little/no help in resolving their mistake.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My wife received an email from Lifelock about a dark web alert. When checking Lifelock no alerts were found. When trying to cancel our accounts Lifelock required extensive confirmations of my identity and it took over 30 minutes to get them to disable the auto renew. I was put on hold several times and left with the feeling they are a total scam. Lifelock has never alerted us to new loan applications, but other free services have notified us. Don't waste your money for a self-service company that makes it all but impossible to leave.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I had a collection on my credit score by Sprint. I have never done any businesses with that company. I reached out to LifeLock, concerned about identity theft. I was told to contact Sprint and the credit bureaus directly to solve this. What is the use of having LifeLock if I have to solve this problem on my own?

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact this member on 03/11, 03/13, and 03/18 via telephone and email. We would be happy to address the member’s concerns, should they return our calls.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Simply put, I signed up for LifeLock largely due to a promotion it was offering. LifeLock's promotion was 10,000 American Airlines miles. LifeLock refuses to honor that promotion. After nearly 6 weeks of inquiry, it appears that LifeLock is no closer to honoring that agreement.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I paid to protect my entire family with LifeLock. Not cheap. Thought we were getting a program that can identify and clearly update us regarding any suspicious activity. The problem is the members you add to "YOUR" account cannot be viewed if they are over 18. They said I needed a power of attorney filed with them to view any alerts that I received on my account that I signed up for and added them to.

What a huge hassle. Just wanted to see what the alert was for my spouse and could not. What’s the point of paying for protection for your entire family if you only have access to your specific alerts and not the immediate family members you added? It’s a joke. The customer service agent was not helpful at all regarding this issue. LifeLock needs to rethink how their customers are allowed to add family members and charge us for doing so, even though we cannot get updates without going through a bunch of red tape. I canceled my membership with them. It’s a waste of money and there’s many other avenues to get them same services for free. Do not fall for the advertisements.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I'm going to shorten my 2 1/2 hour hassle to the basics. But, I've documented all the details. I purchased the Ultimate Plus for my husband and myself at the same time. During the online enrollment, I was asked for the emails for both of us. Later, I could only access his account. When I would try my email to create my account (you each have to have your own account) it would say this email is associated with an account already because it was showing under my husbands. I was on the official LifeLock page but was told I purchased a Norton product so they transferred me back and forth each saying the other had to help me.

All I wanted was a login account for myself. No one was able to help. I was "disconnected" twice. I agree with previous complaints in that if they record these phone conversations they need to LISTEN to them! Most barely speak English and don't care if you cancel. They don't know their product and all 6 people I spoke to offered no solution to what should have been a simple problem. I cancelled the same day purchased because if they aren't able to help me log in, how will they help me with a real problem like identity theft!

Resolution response: March 29, 2019

I'm happy to report that this matter has been resolved! I can still only give LifeLock a 3 star rating (a "Satisfied" mark), as I needed to jump through way too many hoops/it was much too difficult to reach a live person at LifeLock. However, when I did finally get connected to the correct person (Maria) - Help was achieved! Maria was extremely knowledgable, thorough and patient and I feel my identity has been protected after all.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am very dissatisfied with LifeLock after a recent support inquiry. I received mail stating that I had opened an account at a credit union, only I had not. I contacted the credit union to alert them that this was fraud, and they said I needed to submit an Affidavit to that effect (due by TODAY). I called LifeLock to see if this was legit/if I should complete the Affidavit (which contains more personal information that I'm concerned about sharing with an unknown bank/entity), only LifeLock said they won't open a fraud incident/investigation without receiving more info from the Credit Union (EX What information was used to create the fraudulent account in their system).

Calls to the Credit Union for this information have gone unanswered/I can't get the information from them... So... I have no way to report the fraud via LifeLock, or receive advice about what to do next, I haven't returned the Affidavit (due TODAY) out of fear of further compromising myself, and it is unclear whether the situation is resolved or not. What's the point in paying for this service if I can't get help when I need it? Note, I tried to contact LifeLock for support via their web portal, only received the following auto-response: "We are sorry, your request cannot be processed at this time. If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-800-LifeLock (1-800-543-3562)." So, no support via phone or via web portal = Unsatisfied customer.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I do not have a LifeLock account, but keep getting emails and phone calls that someone has applied for a loan or line of credit using my info. They then start asking for private info. NO WAY! I have frozen my credit and do not want to hear from LIFELOCK anymore. Shame on you LifeLock for using scare tactics to sell your services.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Just starting out with LifeLock, I've heard nothing but good about this company, I'm pleased to say that my benefits started immediately from signing up for it. I'm sure they're only beginning to clean up my hackers and identity theft. I'm anxious. Things are looking up.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Kristen Tifft

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: March 4, 2019

My dissatisfaction is not for the protection Lifelock provides but for the ability to print out the monthly summary for tax purposes of reporting the fees on my tax returns. Can't print them out and no notice is sent monthly as a customer. Credit card bill is not acceptable for us to file our taxes to IRS each year as ministers that are required to list housing expenses.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted the consumer on 03/11/2019 and addressed her concerns.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My LifeLock account was up for renewal at which time I was already planning not to renew. Before I had the opportunity to call and cancel, I received emails from LifeLock informing me that my account has been canceled, which was fine with me. I attempted to log in to my account and was denied access confirming my account had been closed.

I then discovered a $626.79 charge on my credit card from LifeLock. I’ve yet to receive a refund for this excessive amount after dealing with them for the past week and a half with no answers to how this occurred. When I initially called about the charge, a representative again confirmed my account was canceled and didn’t understand why or how I was charged that amount. I continue getting the runaround being told to wait a few more days for the refund. Not only do I expect a refund but also an explanation to how this could’ve happened in the first place. I’ve asked for an explanation but have yet to receive one. What on earth do they offer for $626 anyway!

LifeLock expert review by Rob Douglas

Choose from three main packages starting at $9.99 per month. All plans include Norton Security for up to five devices and 24/7 customer support. Optional packages for seniors and children also available.

• Plan options with monitoring: Offers Standard, Advantage and Ultimate Plus Plans that all include credit monitoring.

• 60-day money-back guarantee: LifeLock allows you to try it out with zero risk because they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure customer satisfaction.

• App included: Be aware of alerts and essential information on the go with the included LifeLock app.

• Personal expense and stolen funds reimbursement: If theft of your identity does occur, you will be reimbursed for personal expenses and stolen funds; coverage amounts vary depending on the plan.

• Million dollar expert coverage: In addition to the reimbursement of expenses and stolen funds, LifeLock also has a plan in place that provides members with up to $1 million in coverage for lawyers and experts to resolve at all plan levels.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information