toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock has been a great asset to me, they have caught fraud attempts on my credit through the years and it is even more important today to have their service. I feel it is worth whatever the cost to keep your credit protected. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you LIFELOCK.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Our members may cancel at any time. In order to maintain the security of our members account, to assist we would need a general Power of Attorney on file. However, once a member passes away, we require a copy of the Certificate of Death in order to cancel their account. Once the certificate of death is received, LifeLock will issue a prorated refund back to the date of passing. I apologize for any issues you had in cancelling your mothers account. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

After my mother fell ill, she asked me to cancel her account as she found the service useless -- which LifeLock refused to do. For four months after my mother died -- Lifelock continued to refuse to cancel her account and continued to charge her credit card. Even after several notices and agreeing to send paperwork to get it canceled and saying they would not continue to charge her, they continued to charge her credit card. After the credit card was canceled they continued to charge her credit card. When the credit card was canceled they sent threatening letters. DO NOT SIGN up for this service as it is impossible to cancel.

Service sucks. I would not recommend it to anyone. I will be canceling both my accounts as soon as they expire. Customer service was supposed to monitor my account and call me back. No one ever called back and my banking accounts since July or still not connected to my account. Service sucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

I hardly know you. The other company was so expensive. You have made me happy. Perhaps we can work things out. Credit means a lot. You fix loopholes on identity that no one else thought of. Perhaps I will gain wealth with the practice of gaining health. It's important to have the right balance of movement.

Hello,
I am sorry to hear of your experience. Lifelock takes pride in our customer service and does not tolerate rude behavior towards our members. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the agent that misrepresented our company. Your feedback has been forwarded to the agent's manager and I assure you the issue will be addressed.

Again, I apologize for your negative experience.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Very rude. Customer service rep spoke to me as though I was an elderly dementia client. When I tried to explain why I was calling, as a result of a request from LifeLock, she interrupted me. I again tried to explain she again interrupted. It was not the experience I had thought to have w/ a service that costs as much as LifeLock.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your ability to add a family member to your AOL for Lifelock protection. I am glad the issue with AOL is resolved and I can confirm your family member does have a Lifelock account now.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I received an email from AOL/LifeLock indicating that my complimentary LifeLock subscriptions has been activated for Charles ** but when I called LifeLock, he had not been added. AOL stated once I submitted the request online, they can't do anything else to help me with LifeLock adding the complimentary person because it goes directly to LifeLock for security purposes. AOL has Charles active since October 25, 2016 and mine active since November 11, 2011.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today your feedback is very important to us. The LifeLock Alert Network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case.” If a LifeLock member becomes a victim of identity theft, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details , terms and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Lifelock failed to monitor a mortgage loan and credit checks. I had to request a supervisor in order to obtain a refund from Lifelock. We were in the process of buying a home and we were never notified by Lifelock that applications for a home mortgage were being requested at a well-known financial institution.

Got informed about a potential credit card fraud as soon as I have answered no to opening questionable account 3 days later I was being placed on a conference call to resolve issue with merchant. Done. Gave me peace of mind. A five-star experience!

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our service and have since cancelled your membership.
LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Although we have a large number of companies in our network of surveillance, not all merchants participate and on occasion an application may be submitted that does not fall within our network.
LifeLock is constantly working to expand the reach of our network and improve coverage to our members. Keep in mind that LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.
Additionally, LifeLock offers different levels of service.  Although the level of service you were enrolled in does not provide alerts for credit inquiries, the LifeLock Ultimate Plus service does include this feature.

I apologize for any misunderstanding about our services.

Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I was a LifeLock member since about 2005. I lead off by stating the only reason customer support is rated as a "4" is because LifeLock never contacted me with advertising and cancel my membership quickly. That said, the overall service is not as advertised. In the beginning, service that was advertised was what I received. Once LifeLock started tiering their services is when it went downhill. Spending several hundred dollars a year, one would expect a simple mortgage application would trigger one of the so called alerts you see on television, but that did not happen.

Since 2005, I've moved 4 times and bought 2 houses. Neither mortgage application -- and subsequent credit checks to establish new services in a new city -- triggered any LifeLock notifications, calls, or anything of the sort. LifeLock was more than happy to cancel my membership of over 10 years without even questioning why. I have since signed up with a different service and within a week of new service, I was notified of activity associated with my SSN. LifeLock isn't worth the money.

I've been less than satisfied with LifeLock since I joined. I added my wife as a member and, she had no "profile" like I did on the site. Even though she was connected to my account, I couldn't add her credit cards and she wasn't afforded the same benefits I was - even though she was paying exactly the same amount. Then, when I tried to cancel her off my account (after 5 years of, basically, what I felt was wasted money), I had to email the company to do so. I searched the site *everywhere* to find a "remove additional subscriber" button - to no avail. LL should make it easy to remove someone from your account on the "Manage Account" screen. Making it difficult doesn't dissuade subscribers from removing people or unsubscribing. It simply makes existing users angry at the company and feel that *all* you want is our money by making it difficult to "get out" when someone's made the decision to do so.

I realize LL is out for a profit - companies can't survive without a substantial bottom line - but making it difficult to "unsubscribe" to your service is a terrible way to retain business. LL should aspire to retain subscribers by providing better value for the dollar - rather than making EVERYTHING an "upgrade". Maybe if they reduced their advertising budget and increased value for existing customers, they might see an increase in business through organic growth. Retention is key - but forced retention builds animosity and resentment toward the company and basically assures those who unsubscribe will most likely never return.

The bottom line is this: LL should make ACTUAL account management achievable within the "Manage Account" screen. And, they should provide more value to their existing subscribers. Get rid of all the "upgrades". $200.00 a year is a substantial bill - and, sadly, at that fee level, I feel as if I'm getting precious little for my money.

LifeLock saved us when we had a hacker, hack into my husband's account. We got our money replaced back into our account. I always get alerts when something is not right. They are always on top of things and ready to fight for you! God bless you LifeLock!

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you experienced creditor debit card fraud as well as possible ID theft. As a Lifelock member if you receive a notice of a fraudulent account opened or attempted to be opened and did not receive a Lifelock alert all that is needed is for you to call us and advise us. We would need to know the date it opened, what personal information of yours was used. We do advise our members that our Alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a Lifelock alert in every single case.

To also clarify, Lifelock is unable to track your spending or know about fraudulent activity on your card. We would advise you to contact your bank. If your bank or credit card company holds you responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, contact LifeLock immediately and one of our Member Services agents will assist you.

Again I apologize for any misunderstanding or communication that occurred to you regarding our product and services. We appreciated you as a member and value your feedback.

Lifelock, INC

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Purchased LifeLock to monitor my credit but after they missed 3 fraudulent credit applications and 6 charges to my debit card. Luckily I was notified by the credit card companies and my bank. I see all they were monitoring was my payments to them...

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that somebody used your credit/debit card to enroll you with LifeLock. Please keep in mind, there could be a few reasons why you were enrolled or charged; usually it's something harmless. Sometimes family members sign each other up, or sometimes people receive LifeLock as an employee benefit and don't realize it. Other times people get signed up accidentally while trying to take advantage of an online offer. If you feel this is not the case, or you notice other charges to your card that you don't recognize, you should contact your credit/debit card company immediately to dispute the charges. Again, we are sorry that this has happened to you.
Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I've never applied for membership. Give me my money back you took without my approval, and you are a identity theft company. Wow, because I never heard from you on email or mailed, until now that you are trying to get a payment.

LifeLock

Hello, I am very sorry to hear that the Financial Activity alerts were an inconvenience. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. Your service provided credit alerts with a threshold amount that our members request for their limit. Our Services are subject to our Membership Terms and Conditions, which can be viewed at LifeLock.com. A member can cancel their membership at any time, without penalty. Thank you for your feedback.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I cannot understand why anybody would take this company seriously. They don't really protect you. They just keep looking at your banking statement and your credit card charges and keep asking you if you have made a particular payment. Accordingly, they kept bugging me with each online check payment and each credit card charge above $500. Because their software is so very primitive and doesn't learn anything, each month I had to respond to them for every periodic payment I make over and over, and over again. The contract they make you sign, frees them from any responsibility. They do take your money however. I used them for a little over 6 months and finally dismissed them.

It is a blessing to have LifeLock watching our backs in this complicated age. Attempts to open fraudulent accounts were caught and conference calls arranged with banks to clear those issues. But equally important to us are our feelings of trust and security which we find priceless. Thank you LifeLock!

I spoke with LEAHA today in reference to the alert I received. She was so very helpful in resolving my issue. She is such an awesome asset to your company. Gave me peace of mind & this goes a long way just having this peace of mind. Excellent, very commendable, outstanding services! Again, THANK YOU!

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me. I apologize for you not being able to access your account. Per our conversation I let you know I would be working with my IT team to get you access. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and look forward to working with you on your account access.
Denise Suggs

Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Up until LifeLock upgraded their service it was a superior company and a joy to use. Now after their upgrade no access to my account. Customer Service has been contacted by phone and email and the situation has not been resolved. My browser was upgraded as specified (went from IE 12 to IE 11). No results!!!

Anne **, Robert's wife. We received an inquiry which I answered that we had not applied for a credit card from US Bank. You notified us that you were investigating this.You sent emails and left phone message. When we called and talked to your female rep in Texas, she was very pleasant and helpful. Results: Robert applied for credit card at Ralph's Market and did not realize it was thru US Bank. Thank you for your assistance.

Shawna was the representative that solved my problem. She was very professional and also very efficient. I Got an email notice requesting a call and the entire process only took about 15 minutes. I couldn't have been more pleased. The most important thing is that I now have peace of mind. The service was great.

I appreciate the continuous monitoring. I feel very safe with my identity. They are always on top of all transactions done. I am very happy with the service I get from LifeLock. I would and have recommend them to all my friends so they can feel safe as well.

LifeLock

Hello, I can see you were told about our network disclosure when it comes to alerts. I just did want to clarify that all members are still covered with the service guarantee which states If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal. I apologize for any misunderstanding about our services.

Denise Suggs

Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

For the past 6 years, I have paid for LifeLock Protection. I called today to find out if I needed additional protection from another company for my security. Imagine my surprise and disappoint when I found out today that the protection that I thought I had and was stated to "monitor account openings for credit cards, wireless services, retail credit, mortgages auto and payday loan and other activities" was totally random!!! VERY FINE PRINT--"Network does not cover all transactions and scope may vary." Evidently only 2 transactions were covered for alerts in 6 years!! They said that I am paying for Identity restoration. I thought I was also primarily paying for early notification to PREVENT becoming a victim. I said that their service is highly misleading and asked for a refund. I think that I am going to have to take legal action to get it. Find another service!

I had to cancel my Lifelock due to medical financial issues but I do hope that in the future I am able to reestablish my account with Lifelock to protect not only myself but my children as well. I worry more about fraud with my children than myself because I am to keep an eye on my credit but I don't keep one closely on theirs.

LifeLock

Hello, sorry to hear that instructions were not relayed and you did not received more information on your notification. We have reached out to you, but was only able to leave a voice message. Please feel free to use my contact information that I previously provided for you. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I was not happy about the non service I received. I asked what to do about a notification I received about a deep web gathering of my information. I was not given any instructions of what to do. This experience reminded me of the commercial going around now about monitoring but not doing anything, LOL. Thanks.

Someone was or is using our email for improper purposes. They informed us of that. This helps to ease my mind because it is so easy to get a person's email then sell it to corrupt people that have nothing better to do than try and suck you into improper circumstances.

Our representative was amazing and stood with me step by step. I was very impressed with LifeLock and how quickly they contacted me when my info was used. It was easy and I feel so safe being in their hands.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear you were on hold so long and transferred a few times. Our goal is to ensure that our calls are addressed quickly every time. Our members may cancel anytime and can do so by logging into their secured portal and sending an email to request to cancel or by calling 1-800-Lifelock(543-3562) press option 1, then option 4 to cancel. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We valued you as a member.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

It takes a few minutes to sign up for membership. But try to cancel it, and good luck! After being their customer for many years, I saw absolutely no value to what they are selling. So I decided to cancel my membership. I spent over an hour on the phone being passed from 'agent' to 'agent' and put on hold. Pretty disgusted; will never do business with this company again.

I've had the opportunity due to a family members misfortune to test out about 10 different identity monitoring services and options and LifeLock is by far the best. Your information is organized, visible, and easy to access. The program is easy to operate. LifeLock keeps tabs on your info and has a great alert system that you can easily interact with immediately. Service agents are cheerful, willing, and do the work for you; they know what to do to get it done. The site offers a lot of other helpful information if you need to act on your own for other issues or have questions. Comparatively with the other programs, the other programs often deliver hard to decipher information or alerts and there is little to no assistance to deal with it. Maybe they are for someone who has a lot of time on their hands and loves a good chase. LifeLock does what it says it does and it offers a good service.

LifeLock

Hello, I am very sorry to hear your card was compromised. LifeLock is unable to track your spending and we would not know about any transactions on your cards. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal. Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I had two separate instances of fraud on my credit card and neither time did Lifelock catch it. My bank caught the charges and canceled my card then issued a new one. This happened a second time about three weeks later and again Lifelock did not notice the fraudulent charges. Again my card was canceled and a new one issued.

LifeLock Company Profile