toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock has been a great asset to me, they have caught fraud attempts on my credit through the years and it is even more important today to have their service. I feel it is worth whatever the cost to keep your credit protected. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you LIFELOCK.

I have had LifeLock for a long time. The standard services have been ok but the coverage most people need are only included on the much more expensive upgrades which is disappointing. I need bank account coverage along with credit card coverage and all of those things are only available with upgraded packages which is really of no use to me as that would be way too expensive for me a month with having 3 accounts.

To Be honest with you, once I seen the advertising on television, I felt a tremendous relief come over me. I actually feel so SAFE and secure it is almost unbelievable. I feel so much better when I have bills to pay and don't have to worry about anyone hacking into my account. I just want to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You have made my life to become complete, and it feels so wonderful to be able to live at peace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

I wish I had the "hacker" responsible for the identity theft I am living through right now for about ten minutes in a room alone. The second most gratifying thing is watching their attempts to loot my hard-earned life savings being frustrated at every turn by consumer protection mechanisms spearheaded by LifeLock's vigilance. This protection is second to none. I may never know what vulnerability the thieves exploited. I shudder to think what might have happened had they been able to surmount my countermeasures, the foremost of which is my LifeLock account. The money they saved me will pay for my membership, even if I live to be 100.

Excellent & immediate response to fraud, forgery for a very large sum of money after my husband's death. There is no way that I could have handled it. LIFELOCK was on the case immediately. I have recommended LIFELOCK many. It is a must in today's society!!

I needed to cancel my daughter's coverage when she married and moved out of my home. I was not able to accomplish that service online, but one email was all it took for LifeLock to take care of it for me. No pressure tactics, just took care of my problem. Excellent customer service. 5 Stars!

Someone tried to open a credit account with my data at barclays bank. With just a few simple questions LifeLock takes control of your situation, and resolves it. My data is out there due to many agencies being hacked - and there went my data!

Resolution In Progress

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you experienced credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that Lifelock does not monitor charges on your existing credit card, they are protected and monitored by the financial institution that issued the card/account. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company can monitor your card along with you for unauthorized charges. The Lifelock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify Lifelock within (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If after an investigation by the financial institution and you are held responsible for the fraud charges that is when we can further assist. If you receive a collection notice, upon contact to the collection agency you determine what personal information of yours was used, the original date the service was opened, and balance and this original date was while you are a member of Lifelock we do assist.

I hope this clarification helps, and I apologize for any miscommunication that occurred.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Doesn't help you the way they say they will with fraud. I had two fraudulent charges on my credit cards that they didn't catch that cost me hundreds. Also said they could help me on another fraud charge of a collection notice. Just very poor company and makes a lot of promises they can't keep.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our security measures. It appears you successfully have your secured access back. We value you as a member.

Lifelock

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

See e-mails I sent to you seeing as I got locked out. When I called in got asked security questions that I did not set up and they said I answered incorrectly. Went online to try and change my passcode several times and that does not work and all I was doing was trying to give you my new cc. Makes me wonder if I had a problem what would you do?

I have taken pains to have security protection for my normal internet activities, my normal email activities, my normal phone activities, my normal online purchasing and banking activities, and much more and I simply was a member of LifeLock as an added "insurance" that, should my efforts ever be compromised by any means, LifeLock would be there to stop the intended compromise and be my backup for security should I need one. I have no problems with my membership with LIfeLock, rather it was a medical problem with me which forced me to leave my job and lose that portion of my income through nobody's fault whatsoever. They did for me what I paid them to do for me, watch my security and take any appropriate means to minimize any breaches of security already in place. They did their job well with no glitches.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your membership with LifeLock. Your account is set to cancel on 2/4/2017. We would like to take a moment to provide clarification on our services. LifeLock is unable to track your spending and we would not know about any transactions on your cards. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Your credit or debit card and bank accounts are protected by the bank or credit card company that issued your card. Should you lose your credit or debit card or find fraudulent activity on your card or bank statement, contact your bank or credit card company immediately, explain what happened, and request that they cancel the card/account number and issue a new card and account number. If you suspect fraud, file a fraud report with your bank or credit card company. Your bank or credit card company will do their own fraud investigations and in most instances refund any fraudulent charges. You will also want to file a police report. Be sure to maintain a copy of the police report as this may be needed during the dispute process. The LifeLock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify LifeLock within ninety (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If you experience any difficulty with reporting this issue, or if your bank or credit card company holds you responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, contact LifeLock immediately and one of our Member Services agents will assist you. Additionally, our LifeLock Identity Alert™ system is in place on all accounts. Alerts are sent for uses of your personal information in applications for credit and services within our network through the patented LifeLock Identity Alert system. Our proprietary Not Me® verification technology allows you to respond to suspicious activity. LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee from day one of their enrollment. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.
Sally Mauro
Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My American Express credit card was compromised twice in about a 6-month period and LifeLock never notified me. I would NOT recommend this service. They also sent me a strange communication when I had a temporary change of address for the summer of 2016 which I had initiated through the Post Office.

LifeLock

Hello, I’m sorry hear you had credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. Thank you for your feedback.
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I had a credit card number stolen. LifeLock did not detect a threat, but my bank contacted me and canceled the card. I've never gotten an explanation from LifeLock so I asked to discontinue service. No one has called to explain or apologize. Very poor customer service and credit protection. I'm embarrassed that I trusted this company to protect me and I hope no one else falls for this false sense of security LifeLock markets. I HIGHLY recommend against using this service. Use the free credit monitoring services you are entitled to, don't give LifeLock a dime. Look me up and call me if you want more of the truth about this sham company.

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear had credit card fraud. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Lifelock takes pride in our customer service. We apologize for any negative experience you may have had. Thank you for your feedback.
Sr Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLife, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was a LifeLock subscriber for nearly 2 years UNTIL I had a suspicious charge on my credit card which turned out to be fraud. I thought LifeLock would help as advertised but I was wrong. I was told I didn't have the gold membership so my this type of transaction WAS NOT covered which was to my surprise. The representative I dealt with was in a hurry to get me off the phone and really did nothing to help me. They wouldn't even look into the matter to make sure it would not happen again. Their job (as advertised) is to monitor your transactions, unless you paid for the cheap plan then they do not. Be careful what you sign up for. I canceled my account that next evening.

Hello,

Thank you for being a valued member. We appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sorry for any misunderstanding or communication on how Lifelock works that was not clearly explained to you either by speaking to us or viewing our website. Our member services department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address your concerns, explain your protection and provide details on what you need to provide to update your name. You can contact them at 800-Lifelock (543-3562)

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have been a member of LifeLock since August 2014. Since joining, I have gotten married and legally changed my name, opened 2 new credit card lines, updated my address two times, gotten my credit score pulled at least 2 times, and bought a house. LifeLock did not catch any of this. My LifeLock is still in my maiden name which has not been my legal name in over a year and a half. It's not really effective clearly, since these are all things that could be potential identify theft.

It loads too slowly or not at all. When seeking to review alerts, I often have to give up because it loads so slowly. That's all. The first sentence accurately describes my unsatisfactory experience. I have complained about this before.

LifeLock

Hello, we have been trying reach out to you about your concerns but have not been able to make contact. We are sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time. Please contact our member services (800) 543-3562 at your earliest convenience so we can further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jamie Huckaby

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have had much better luck with another identity protection company that I currently have as well. For the past two month, I have been trying to activate privacy monitor on Life Lock's website and it fails every time with Server down message and to call Life Lock. When I call, I am told to wait and try again and this is after 5-10 minutes of answering questions. However, on my daughter's account, after many tries, we got lucky to activate it... but, the search on Life Lock returns nothing. The same search on my other identity protection website and Google returns many issues. I reported this to Life Lock and due to them, Life Lock is only associated with certain companies and the reason we see no result is because those certain companies have no privacy record of my daughter. This sounds stupid. It's almost as if my bank tells me that I am insured against theft, but only if the thief is of a certain ethnic background.

LifeLock

Hello, We have been trying to reach you by phone to assist you with your account. Please contact Member Services at 1-800-543-3562 at your earliest convenience. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and look forward to assisting you.
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

After 48 minutes, this issue is still not resolved. After 4 months of membership, I decided to downgrade to their standard coverage - a difference of over $400/year. After calling their customer service number, their computer system under-calculated the refund due me by about $150. The agent couldn't even tell me when and how I would hear the result of the billing research request I authorized. It took a supervisor to make an approximation of the correct refund and time frame for resolution of the problem. The CS Agent did her job; it's not her fault. It is, in my opinion, a lousy system. Tried to speak to corporate head of CS about the length of time already invested. Gave up after another 12 minutes on hold. Operator said she "didn't know who to call." Is this what good customer service looks like?

I particularly like the way they address each detail as a separate point of importance. There are no part of my personal issues to small or inadmissible to get the attention of LifeLock. Thanks to LifeLock I am able to stay on top and get ahead of the game. Thanks again LifeLock for your concern.

I contacted LifeLock immediately because I had not charged anything on my AMEX. I thought it was identity theft and unauthorized charge. They told me to contact AMEX immediately. I did and found out it was not a charge. The amount listed was an interest/ finance charge.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad we were able to assist you logging into your account. If you have anymore concerns please feel free to contact us at 1-800-543-3562. Thank you
Senior Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I would really appreciate a way to sign in to my account. The party on your end sent me a temporary login name (numbers) which I put in as a password accidentally. Now I have no way of entering my e mail as identifier or a password. Is there anything you can do or do I need to call 1-800- Lifelock to see if personnel can help me by phone?

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am sorry you had difficulty inputting the promo code. As discussed I have taken care of adjusting your discount and a shredder has been requested. We value you as a member of Lifelock.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Trying to get the 15% Discount "Promo Code GET15." There was no place on sign up sheet to enter this? At least I didn't see a spot... This is what I needed to happen... Why I signed up for 3 mo. trial. Also please send me the shredder for paper waste. Thanks.

I appreciate the alerts received even though they were legitimate, someone checking with a bank to be sure my statements were correct. I also received alerts on interference online of dark, they said, and have not yet fully taken care of that. I have had trouble reaching LifeLock because of a discrepancy with my password.

I felt much more comfortable using online services knowing that LifeLock was watching out for any possible identity theft situations. I use the internet often and enjoy that feeling of safety I get having their service.

I've been a customer of LifeLock for over 2 years now. My husband lost his wallet and LifeLock was on the phone with us and contacted all his creditors immediately. I was shopping on a site and bought something from a site that was not up to par and LifeLock contacted me and suggested I get a new card. Someone also charged something on my card and LifeLock notified me immediately and I was able to get the charge reverse and get another card. LifeLock keeps a close eye on your credit and notifies you of any suspicious activity. They have a 1 million dollar policy in place just in case you need it from any identity theft. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and if you want protection from identity theft, LifeLock is a must for you.

LifeLock

Hello, I am glad I was able to speak with you and address all of your concerns. We value you as a LifeLock member and appreciate your feedback.
Sr. Members Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Often - let me say, multiple times, in my Alerts from LifeLock, the vendor names are incorrect and/or the type of business shown is incorrect. The first time which was very disconcerting, I contacted LifeLock customer service via telephone. They could not give me an answer. We had eaten at a restaurant named, "Francesca Fiore" in Forest Park IL. What showed on the alerts was a retail establishment I was not familiar with: Francesca's, which turned out to be a women's retail clothing store at which I have never shopped.

Another time which was upsetting was the alert we received on Dec. 2, 2016. We had dined at a restaurant on Dec. 1st, named McCormick & Schmick's in Rosemont, IL. This is a restaurant chain. What showed up on our LifeLock Alert was that a purchase had been made at Marks & Spencer--a clothing and food retailer in England. No - we had not been in England at that time and yes, the dollar amount of the transaction was the same as our restaurant bill.

Received two e-mail from Amazon stating that I bought two different computers for a total of $1200. Somebody, must have got my credit card #? Both emails had my name correct but both had two different addresses of which I never recognize. Credit card was closed and I was issued a new card.

Apparently credit cards were applied for and approved by Citibank. These were never applied for by myself or husband. LifeLock notified us. Still don't know how this could happen since our credit is frozen. Is out possible Citibank is committing the fraud as did Wells Fargo.

Fraud of identity. I think the LifeLock go a lot of protection for me. I have a peace of mind with lifelock. I will recommend lifelock to my friend and my family member. Every time I get worry about somebody might fraud my identity I go to lifelock login and lifelock tell me everything making me feel better.

LifeLock Company Profile