toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you have peace of mind. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Inc

Original review: April 7, 2017

There have been a few times since having LifeLock that I have made a change to one of my accounts or opened an account. Immediately I have received an alert which asked me whether it was me that did this. I was so impressed that LifeLock would pick up on this activity so fast and notify me. Luckily, it was me each time and I couldn't help thinking how fortunate that I had LifeLock because it might not have been me and I would never have known the difference until it was too late.

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

I would like to have an email address to submit questions. Videos about identity theft were interesting but didn't give any suggestions on what we can do to protect ourselves. Now thieves are hacking phones. What can we do to keep our phones safe?

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. It is important to know that there may be some delay in receiving alerts as these can only be sent once the bank or creditor has posted the information to your online statement and only if they exceed the threshold amount set within your LifeLock Member Portal. As a result, it can take between 2-5 days to receive a transaction alert.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: June 15, 2017

I recently upgraded my LifeLock to their premium package because my ID was stolen. I got an alert that someone purchased something that day in my name. I checked my bank and no such purchase described was there... I found out that the purchase was made (3 days earlier) by me. I was under the impression by LifeLock's advertising that I would be able to firm or deny any purchases or credit attempts in my name immediately that day and I could confirm or deny the purchase. Wrong!

I called LifeLock to confirm and they admitted they cannot alert that same day but days after the purchase but would be happy to help with difficulties after the purchase. What the heck! I can do better with my own computer and without the fees. I'm going to give LifeLock time but at the present I can do better monitoring my own credit. In reality LifeLock is ID insurance. Only good for legal help in clearing up your credit life after someone assumed your Identity. But we're on our own in real time.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you have peace of mind. We value you as a member.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Excellent, professional and prompt customer service! I recommend the premium package which provides a wide range of security monitoring protection options! Much better than credit bureaus alone! If you want peace of mind then a highly recommend LifeLock!

LifeLock

Hello, Sorry to hear about your fraud. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. If needed, LifeLock will provide lawyers and experts to help resolve your identity theft case. The benefits under the Million Dollar Protection Package are provided by a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company . For details, terms and restrictions on the policy go to www.LifeLock.com/legal.
Sr. Member Affairs

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: June 10, 2017

The product itself LifeLock did a good job (I had planned to use them again) but I was using another credit monitoring company so there was no sense in having two companies that do the same thing. I canceled with LifeLock and almost immediately I had 6 fraudulent credit applications done under my name! Then I remembered several years ago I had LifeLock and canceled with them and the exact same thing happened. The following day people had all of my credit information from my social to where I worked and tried to steal my identity! Do not get this service!

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing while in Europe with not being able to use our APP. Our Support teams reply to you is correct. There is no means of transmitting the Lifelock APP APK directly to you other than for regional access to US Google Play. If at any time you have questions or need to make changes to your account, you may visit your online member portal by going to https://memberportal.lifelock.com/ or by contacting our Member Services Department at 1-800-LifeLock (1-800-543-3562).
Regards,
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Lifelock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: June 8, 2017

I've been a customer for over a year and just renewed. All was OK, then the new smartphone app came out. Finally! I was excited to install it. But alas, PlayStore kept saying I was not eligible to install it because I am in Europe. I contacted Cust Service and asked about another way to get it. An Android app is just an APK file. The APK file is put on PlayStore by the vendor. Could they please ask and find where it is located other than PlayStore, so may install it? But support was chilly, rigid and dogmatic. The frontline guys didn't even know what an APK is. The escalation manager was unwilling to help me further. So, I'm stuck in Europe for another few months, with no LifeLock app yet, and I'm planning to evaluate competitors before renewal time comes up again.

A good product is one thing, but customer service that listens and really helps makes the difference today. I was disappointed that LL CS was so unhelpful. It almost seemed like they only follow certain scripts in handling calls. And as a former manager myself in software support, I know that management has access to back line help from development, so the manager who would not help me just chose not to take the extra step for customer satisfaction. LifeLock is an expensive product. My bank now offers similar monitoring bundled for free if I keep a minimum balance. I'll have to think long and hard before I renew LifeLock.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. We apologize for the issues you had with the automated phone system as well as not receiving a phone call in response to the emails that you sent to us. As discussed, we have updated your billing information and provided you and your wife with 2 months free, changing your renewal date to 8/15/2017. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I was attempting to call LifeLock to make a change to my payment. Could not get past the computer generated phone system to a human. Sent return emails to explain problem and two weeks later have not heard from a human. So what happens when there is an emergency. I have been the victim of identity theft once and I do not trust LifeLock if it happens again.

Hello,

Please accept our apology for any confusion during your enrollment on line. Our records indicated you joined with a 10% discount with no delayed billing. A prorated refunded was issued on June 2, 2017 for 8.63. This credit was applied to your paypal account. I have also requested the difference of .36 cents to be also credited back to you to complete a full refund of 8.99. Again, we are sorry for any miscommunication that occurred during your enrollment.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Still waiting on refund after I clicked free trial and got charged and they stated I clicked wrong one and it's been almost a week still no refund and they got their money in one click and I am unemployed and very upset that I still have not got my money back.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 2, 2017

With assistance from LifeLock, persons who tried to establish an account on my name were not allowed to complete the request. LifeLock has an excellent practice to notify the member once they detect an abnormal activity on your name. I can have the options to receive alerts by phone and through the internet.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a member.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I am new to LifeLock, but so far I am impressed with their service and would recommend it for everyone that is concerned about identity theft. I feel confident that my information is now secure. And I know they will be there to help me with whatever situation may arise. I would recommend the ultimate plus plan.

Understanding what I was supposed to do/enter I would prefer to talk with someone I could clarify/discuss with. Maybe because, even though I use the computer a lot, it's to talk to family and friends and handling issues that don't seem important as registering for LifeLock. I'm 78 years old, so my problem isn't with LifeLock.

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in you receiving your adjusted refund. On June 6, 2017 a refund of 143.89 was applied to your credit card. I also want you to know that because of the delay an additional refund of 120.02 was also applied to your credit card on June 7, 2017. Total refund of 263.91 We value you as a member and again we apologize for the delay.

Member Affairs Specialist

Lifelock ( a Symantec Company)

Original review: May 30, 2017

LifeLock accidentally overcharged an extra half year premium in Oct 2016. I did not catch the error until I was doing my income taxes in Mar 2017. I have made 5 or 6 phone calls about this matter. Everyone agrees I was overcharged. I was supposed to have credit back on my card in 5-7 business after the initial call on 8 March 2017. I have yet to receive it. Getting annoyed. Have been told 4-5 times that the billing department will call me "any day now" & put the credit back on the card. Still not resolved.

Sr. Member Affairs

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: May 22, 2017

Everyone was very helpful and knew their job and wanted to know if they could help me further and maybe add a family member or members. You kept me informed on every credit check. Buying grandson a travel trailer for college. All worked out without any problems. Thanks again.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a member.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: May 13, 2017

Love the feeling of knowing things are secure. The text notification is wonderful. The app is easy to use and just looking at the monitoring page is a breath of fresh air. I love the capability of having not just the bank cards but all credit cards and insurance policies monitored as well. What a great creation LifeLock is.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me over the phone. We apologize that you have not heard from LifeLock. Although we currently are not mailing out letters to welcome you to LifeLock, you should have received an email from us when you enrolled on 10/12/2016. We do not assign a member number, instead we access your account by asking for your name. Per our conversation, we have cancelled your membership and issued a prorated refund in the amount of $42.12. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to appear on your card.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I enrolled in LifeLock's Standard Plan 10/16/16. I received an acknowledgment welcoming me. I realized recently I never heard any more after that and I never received a Membership ID card. I emailed LifeLock May 2nd requesting this. I received a reply from Cynthia ** that same day. She stated "Unfortunately, the LifeLock key fobs and membership cards are no longer available at this time. Therefore, we don't have any to send you." The reply was quick, but there was no further information such as, "We will send you an ID card as soon as we can." I have no account number or order number to identify my membership. I do not plan to renew LifeLock in October.

LifeLock

Hello, I sincerely apologize for any frustration this has caused you. We are aware of an issue with some financial institutions that are not allowing LifeLock to access accounts for security reasons. Due to the institutions internal security measures their system will automatically log LifeLock out of the account after a period of time. Unfortunately LifeLock is unable to prevent this log out from occurring, though we are sometimes able to re-log in with the credentials provided through the member portal. If all of your accounts are still logged in then no further action is needed.
If the account is disconnected when you review the information through the LifeLock member portal, in order to have access to your accounts, you will need to log back in with your credentials. These steps will be needed anytime the financial institution logs the information out. You should receive an email from LifeLock when we are logged out of your account. If this is not happening, please contact us to report the issue.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Not receiving alerts on one of my bank accounts. For over two weeks I did not receive alerts I called in. Your tech support told me that the banks log you folks LifeLock out from time to time. If that's the case why did y'all not notify me? How did you know the bank log you out versus somebody taking over my account?

LifeLock

Hello, We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear of your positive experience.

Sr. Member Affairs Agent

Original review: April 30, 2017

I received a text alert from LifeLock, for a new credit card being opened. Fortunately I was the one opening the account. The alert was very rapid, I was still in the store providing information. I was both excited and relieved to know that LifeLock was there and working for me. From this day forward LifeLock will have me as an advocate for their service. It really works.

LifeLock

Hello, I would like to Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We were able to speak and get a better understanding of what LifeLock monitors. As we spoke about on the phone, The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. It was a pleasure to be able to give you clarity on LifeLock services. We thank you for your feedback.

Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: April 30, 2017

I was alerted that a dark website had my information. When I asked how you can help me get off the website, you said that you could not do anything, that I needed to contact the website. It's like your commercial, you just alert me, you don't do anything. I am very unhappy with your service, will not recommend you to anyone.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Lifelock is dedicated in providing world class service and support to our members. Please contact our member services at 1-800-Lifelock (543-3562) if you have any pending issues or have any questions about our products and services.

Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Lifelock (a Symantec company)

Original review: April 27, 2017

Once subscribed for a few months one learns a few truths about what Lifelock is: a company that takes (smart) advantage of folks' fears re identity theft and concerns for maintaining a modicum of protection and privacy associated with their financial accounts and transactions. Once a paying customer, one starts to see a lot more honest indicia from Lifelock that are understandably not a part of initial marketing/public disclosures (I'm sure they're in the fine print somewhere): "not all transactions at all accounts monitored" written everywhere - on the site, as the signature to their emails, at the bottom of their site next to any disclaimer asterisk, etc - basically giving them an out in case anything actually ever happens to one of your accounts.

"Oh, THAT transaction?! No, we didn't monitor or take action on that ONE transaction in that ONE account that ends up being the one happened to have been breached by some means." And other statements like "No one can guarantee 100% identity protection" or similar "no duh" comments, except that you realize why they're saying those things from a risk management, responsibility deniability, "disclosure" etc perspective AFTER one is paying for their services. Those types of statements/disclosures would be great to clearly communicate upfront in the company's marketing, services website, etc. Once one signs up and experiences what this feels like in practice, they learn that there's no real there. Any interactions for support result in talking to folks who robotically repeat (often on-their-face inaccurate or irrelevant) boiler language.

Or try to deflect responsibility. Or spin the customer out trying dozens of unrelated things and ultimately referring the customer to work with the outside underlying financial institutions on the noted issue. Like the worst SNL skit. And that's when one realizes they're no better off than before they signed up: they still have to deal with all these issues themselves directly with their banks, lending institutions, etc. So, Lifelock ultimately is a middle company broker to sell different levels of "support"/insurance once a person experiences identity theft or one of the many security/privacy breaches that are a reality of life now.

But instead of saying that all they are is a company that provides these "services" after the incident has occurred through an insurance company with different max tiers of support, they provide a UI that LOOKS like they're doing something, but (at best) is a centralized account visualization/transaction tracking site like Mint.com. So, once you actually have to interface with humans in Lifelock's member services to experience their quality of "service", you finally learn what you can expect in the godforsaken circumstance that something actually happens to your accounts. Because if this is how they are under routine, non-adversarial circumstances, one can only imagine the horror of having to engage the company for the promised "services" and "support" (that would actually cost the company money) if something were to actually happen to the customer's account(s).

So, ultimately, one feels violated and that the services marketed upfront are not fully clear disclosures representing the reality of the experience with and the limitations of the services of the company and what they will/can actually protect/do. That you are paying for something (i.e., insurance coverage providing tiers of promised "services" if accounts are breached from a company that without exception gives one no confidence in the quality of their services) that not only won't/can't protect you, but that will leave you feeling frustrated and violated in the unfortunate circumstance that something actually happens to your account(s).

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for your feedback we value you as a member.

Sr. Member Affairs Agent

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: April 23, 2017

When I do items out of the ordinary, I get notifications. My accounts are always being monitored. If I do thing out of sequence or my norm, I receive a notification about the items or account we asked to be monitored by LifeLock. The service is everything I asked for with the service.

I was alerted that an application was opened to apply for a Bloomingdale's credit card using my name, SSN, and birthdate in July 2016. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, I was hacked 2 months prior so there was a credit freeze in effect and LifeLock was informed. When the LifeLock website was redesigned, I noticed that the above came up whenever I received an alert and was listed as 'LifeLock is investigating'. I called LifeLock to ask why this was still part of my active alerts and I requested that I be connected to tech support to share this info. I was a software engineer for 25 years and I know that changing this alert from 'investigating' to 'resolved' is not a monumental undertaking, but I met resistance from my initial customer service contact and then from the supervisor I requested.

I spend about $54 monthly for 2 LifeLock memberships and I can't fathom why LifeLock has no system in place to deal with customer concerns about how alerts are processed. After the phone call I placed to LifeLock on 4/19 to customer service (one of many on this), I am finding it difficult to trust that LifeLock is dealing with my info and data reported on me in the most secure way possible. I was especially disturbed to find out that the issue I was hoping to have addressed would not even be sent to the responsible department via a request form, but by 'word of mouth' from the supervisor to someone in the group responsible for maintaining LifeLock's systems.

How does LifeLock expect people to pay them to oversee and offer some degree of protection of their financial accounts and personal data if they can't even address legitimate concerns of customers in a professional manner? When a customer calls LifeLock to point out an obvious flaw in their system, how is it possible that there is no automated system in place to process it and create an audit trail? This makes me wary about what is happening behind the scenes that could impact me, since I was told that in all likelihood, no one would contact me to confirm that my issues were received and addressed by the proper department.

I was told that I cannot contact corporate or tech support with my concerns and my issues would remain with the customer service supervisor until he is able to personally address it with the LifeLock employees who would be responsible to resolve it, if they do choose to do so, and that there was no guarantee that this would ever occur. I was given a multitude of excuses, but I was not given any reassurances that LifeLock will be any more amenable to my and other customer concerns in the future than they are at the present time. I must say that this experience has left me with the dreaded feeling that I am just 'paying' LifeLock to 'wait for the other shoe to drop' with the protection plan they assure me that I am/will receive now and in the future.

LifeLock is supposed to offer 'peace of mind' to its customers, but in order for customers to put their trust in LifeLock, transparency is essential and this experience suggests to me that LifeLock doesn't see that as a priority! As a person who has had her identity stolen and suffered through all the horrendous consequences associated with it and am now a LifeLock client, I believe that I am entitled to let LifeLock know that I am all for transparency, but it has to extend to both LifeLock and its paying customers! They need to be responsive to their customers' concerns and issues and simply put, they need to 'put up or shut up' because 'trust' is what will keep their customers with LifeLock and a 'lack of trust' will have them fleeing to a LifeLock competitor!

LifeLock

Hello, I am sorry to hear about the experience you had trying to cancel your membership. LifeLock takes pride in our customer service and does not tolerate rude behavior towards our members. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the agent that misrepresented our company. Your feedback has been forwarded to this agent's manager and I assure you the issue will be addressed. Additionally, all LifeLock accounts are set up on automatic renewal. For merchants where you have a recurring payment, banks will often update the billing information as a courtesy to you. As requested, your LifeLock membership was cancelled on 4/11/2017 and a prorated refund in the amount of $5.60 was issued to the card on file. We will also issue an additional refund in the amount of $3.40, total refund amount is $9.00. Again, I apologize for your negative experience.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I've used LifeLock on and off since they started offering services. Overall I think they offer a great service but I do think it's overpriced for what they actually provide. My issue is more to do with customer service. Recently I changed a credit card. Somehow LifeLock managed to get a hold of the number and continue billing. No call or email to ask permission, just started billing the new card. Personally I think that is a reach and a breach of the information they gather. I didn't like it.

Today I called to cancel. I verified the account then rudely transferred to "Customer Retention" where I had to verify my information again. They make it incredibly hard to cancel and keep you on the phone for a very long time. In the end the company refused to cancel the account under the grounds I was recording the phone call and that I refused to provide my new mailing address (they refused to email the cancellation request). Needless to say I was most annoyed, in fact completely pissed off as I feel the agent was purposely trying to make it as difficult as possible for me.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our service.
LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Although we have a large number of companies in our network of surveillance, not all merchants participate and on occasion an application may be submitted that does not fall within our network.
LifeLock is constantly working to expand the reach of our network and improve coverage to our members. Keep in mind that LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have been with LifeLock for almost a decade. As recently as the end of 2014, I used to get notifications about credit applications and suspect activity. When I got a mortgage I had to answer questions before it would be processed. That was great! In the past few years I added several lines of credit and a car loan and realized that NONE of these were even logged as alerts or notifications. Turns out that all features I signed up for have been migrated to the higher priced plans. Prices increase, that makes sense. I signed up and kept LifeLock so I wouldn't have to continuously monitor my credit not realizing I would have to constantly monitor my LifeLock service.

LifeLock

Hello, I am very sorry to hear that your account was cancelled. I understand that your employer provided one year service to you and your wife and updated the promotion code on file on 6/24/2015. You should have received correspondence from your employer and/or LifeLock reminding you that you need to contact LifeLock if you would like to transition back to a self paying account. After reviewing your account I see that on 6/5/2016 and 6/6/2016 you were able to log into online account to update your email, phone number, address and billing card. Although you were able to update this information online, we needed to speak with you over the phone in order to update the promotion code and stop your account from being cancelled. I apologize for any misunderstanding about your account being cancelled.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My wife and I were LifeLock customers for years--we never had a breach, and we were very careful with our online info. Most importantly, we spent a great deal of time setting up our account, inputting our data--all of it. And we sprung for the premium coverage--not the basic. When my company announced that they had been breached, we were all offered free LifeLock protection for a year, so we took advantage of that free coverage.

After the year was over, we never heard from LifeLock, and assumed that our coverage had continued without interruption, paid by automatic debit on our LifeLock-protected credit card. During a review of that same credit card, I noticed that I hadn't seen a LifeLock charge for this month, and I got worried. When we found that we could not log into our account, we called customer service--an oxymoron of the worst order--and were assured, several times, on several different calls, that all we had to do was reset our password. Finally, on the fourth try, we reached a competent person, and lo and behold we were told the truth: We had been dropped, and we were informed that our account had lapsed.

How did that happen? Didn't LifeLock know how to reach us? They had all of our info, credit card details, telephone numbers and every email address known to man. Couldn't they have called or sent an email? Of course, if the treatment I received when I called customer service is any indication of competency, then I should not have really been surprised.

When I complained, I was told that they'd be more than happy to sign us back up, and we could spend a bunch more hours re-inputting all of our data into their very forgetful system. Gee, no thanks, LifeLock. If you don't know how to contact me when there is no crisis, I certainly won't trust you to do so when there is a real crisis. And don't tell me you don't still have my data, either, I'm not buying that bridge--your computers probably have every bit & byte that ever crossed your electronic threshold. Sadly, after all my years as a customer, the only time I ever really needed LifeLock, they just plain forgot about me.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We value you as a member.

Regards,

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: March 24, 2017

ID card and letter with instructions on how the system operates. The response was very fast and very accurate about my personal question. And now I know what to do just in case something comes up, thank you again! I was directed to contact LifeLock phone numbers for more information on the subject that I had made a question, and also to tell when something wrong or suspicious activities were happening!

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your card was compromised as these situations can be quite concerning. The financial activity alert feature you had with Lifelock was an added feature to help you review your credit card activity in one secure place and be able to set a threshold to be notified. It is not to replace what the credit card company does to monitor your card for possible unauthorized charges. If you see fraudulent activity you would need to contact your credit card company and have the fraud investigation handled by them.

Member Affairs

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: March 12, 2017

On March 10, 2017, I noticed some charges on my credit card account that I didn't authorized. I called Capital One to inform them about the suspicious charges. The Fraud department inform me that they will be taking care of this problem asap. I was very upset with LifeLock because their financial activity alert system doesn't alert charges that are under $100. The financial activity alert started at $100 to $25,000. If I had a payment of $165 posted or pending on my credit card or checking account, the alert system will send a email or text message about the charge. I had several charges that were under $100 that Life Lock didn't even know. I was very upset.

I was paying $26.99 plus $5.99 for my son membership that supposedly protect us from fraud or Identity theft. I told the customer service rep to cancel my membership since I'm doing their job for free. I want to let every consumer know that Life Lock will not inform you about charges under $100 on your accounts. The amount of charges were over $200. Please be aware of any charges under $100 being a Life Lock member.

LifeLock

Hello,  We apologize for the inconvenience that any change in our systems may have caused you. LifeLock is constantly looking for new ways to improve our services and we appreciate your feedback.  Unfortunately, LifeLock is unable to advise you as to the reason for any variance in your credit score information. LifeLock's credit scores are calculated using the VantageScore® Model, a proprietary credit model designed by VantageScore Solutions, LLC.  Each bureau has its own methodology and/or algorithm for calculating a credit score. The algorithms used by each of the credit bureaus are proprietary in nature and are not shared. Each bureau applies their own proprietary algorithm to compute credit scores for the other two credit bureaus, not just their own. If you were to ask for your three credit scores from any one of the credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) and compare them to any of the other bureaus, you would have the exact same issue. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to be able to continue to serve your identity theft needs.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've been using LifeLock for years and they keep making changes to their system that negatively affect user experience. They recently migrated to a new creditor to get scores from and everything started changing in small pieces. I used to get my credit score consistently each month and then they make changes to their system without advanced notice. People like me who have routines, like checking my credit score at the first of the month, suffer when LifeLock changed to their new system to only provide credit score updates on the 4th Tuesday of a month. LifeLock is a monopoly on credit scores, but I can't bring myself to quit it. When they are not changing stuff from underneath you, the information they provide is mostly accurate.

Some recommendations they put on their website that they claim come from the credit bureau are not true; I pulled my credit score and report manually from Equifax and none of the same comments were there. For instance, I have a credit card open since 2006 and it tells me "The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent"... okay, 11 years for one credit card (the day I turned 18) and it's too recent. Wow. I constantly battle with presented information from the LifeLock website. I guess if you stick closely to just looking right at your credit report and looking at the history and avoiding comments from LifeLock and reference your score... then LifeLock does a good job... but I've been growing really tired of them making changes that nobody is asking for (because they sure didn't ask me).

Things that they lie about on their website are comments like this: 1) Total of all balances on bankcard or revolving accounts is too high - no it is not!!! Used Credit $8,474. Available Credit $45,856. Tell me how the balances are too high when I'm only using 18.5% of my total credit. I only have 1 credit card with a balance... 2) The total of all balances on your open accounts is too high. See #1, again, you're just making these things up. Added a couple of screenshots. 1 shows bizarre fake information that they assume from my credit score. The second is part of their website that they still have not updated after one year of transitioning to a new website design. LifeLock's approach to phased releases is lackluster.

LifeLock

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Sorry to see our service did not work out for you. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to completely prevent fraudulent activity on your credit or debit cards. There are many different methods that criminals use to obtain the card information, from something as simple as writing the number down to more sophisticated technology that can detect the information without the cards ever leaving your possession. The only sure way to avoid fraudulent activity is to use cash when making purchases. You may also want to contact your bank/financial institution to see if they are able to add any extra security measures to your account. Please keep in mind that LifeLock does not monitor charges on your existing accounts. Your bank accounts and credit cards are protected by the financial institution that issued the account/card. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. So If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Member Affairs

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I have had a LifeLock subscription since 2012 and was pleased with the service up until 2016. This review is based only on my experience. Recently I decided to cancel my subscription because I no longer find it useful for a number of reasons. Last year a couple of my bank accounts were compromised and LifeLock did not catch them. The worst case was in December 2016. Because I have alerts on all of my accounts and for low amounts, I was alerted immediately by my banks. LifeLock only allows alerts to be set at $100 and above so anything below that amount will be missed. This needs to be fixed. If it had not been for me setting up my own bank alerts my account would have been overdrawn for thousands of dollars that I did not have. I have the email rejects to prove it which I turned over to the police.

LifeLock not allowing to set an alert under $100 would have caused a major financial disaster for me resulting in tens of thousands of dollars in overdraft fees because my card was used all over the world and for high cost items. I compared my bank alert features with LifeLock and decided I was better off with no service. While LifeLock does have features the banks do not offer, the more critical features I needed would be protection of my bank accounts. LifeLock does not have a strong enough plan for that protection if we cannot customize to select lower amounts that would trigger an alert. If they did, I would have expected an alert and maybe they could have looked into it instead of me doing all the work I was paying them to do.

I don't even know if LifeLock can trace where the hacks are coming from as was experienced a couple of years ago. The customer service rep at LifeLock who I spoke with at that time could not give me an answer to that question. If they don't have that information then how can I give it to the police and why am I paying for credit monitoring I'm not getting?

I think the basic LifeLock account is adequate for most people while still using alerts with your bank accounts as extra coverage. LifeLock's scanning for email accounts and black market activity are a plus, but I would not rely solely on any one credit monitoring service when bank accounts can easily be compromised mainly because of our own use of credit/debit cards. Banks are more secure than most websites, companies, and stores.

In fairness to LifeLock I did not have the bank transaction monitoring in any of my cases because it was either not available at the time or I didn't know about it until recently. If it had been available LifeLock still would have missed it because the total of the first two fraudulent transactions were under $100 and only my own bank alerts caught it preventing the withdrawal of thousands of dollars. Most of these fraudulent purchases were outside the U. S. The first two that were charged against my account were under $90, but one was international which LifeLock should have caught. Even without bank transaction monitoring, the debit/credit cards I registered on LifeLock still should have triggered an alert especially for international transactions. There were over fifty transactions that I know of that were all over the world and there was no way I could have been in all of those places at once.

As a consumer I would also not solely rely on any service to protect all of my information. The consumer has to accept some responsibility themselves in being proactive in safeguarding their own information. However a credit-monitoring company should not make claims they cannot provide. Not everybody's crisis is the same. I was very careful in most cases to secure my information and it was still compromised. My latest incident involved ordering online with a software reseller I did business with years ago without incident. I did not know at the time they were involved in a big counterfeit operation and were being investigated. It took a lot of work on my part to fix my compromised bank account and report to all authorities.

I felt this was something LifeLock should have been doing since I was paying them to fix problems like this. I also felt something this big should have been caught in their system. That's when I decided to discontinue service with them. The $28.88 I was paying a month was being wasted for something my bank was offering for nothing. And I had to do my own investigative work to discover this huge online theft that LifeLock missed. I was going to alert them like I had done once before, but back then customer service told me their service did not monitor that type of activity. I thought at the time they were advertising a product they could not deliver, but I stayed with them a little longer.

From my experience, LifeLock does have its pluses offering features that are not available in other credit monitoring services. Before cancelling with LifeLock, I found a more suitable plan through my insurance company that offers more for about a third of the Lifelock price. LifeLock was very accommodating when I unsubscribed by even issuing a refund which I did not expect and it was immediate. However, for all that they missed during my subscription period they could have done a lot better.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with LifeLock.  We did review the call and would like to take a moment to provide clarification on our services. LifeLock is unable to track your spending and we would not know about any transactions on your cards. Due to privacy laws in the banking industry only the bank or credit card company that issued the account can monitor it for possible unauthorized charges. Your credit or debit card and bank accounts are protected by the bank or credit card company that issued your card. Should you lose your credit or debit card or find fraudulent activity on your card or bank statement, contact your bank or credit card company immediately, explain what happened, and request that they cancel the card/account number and issue a new card and account number. If you suspect fraud, file a fraud report with your bank or credit card company. Your bank or credit card company will do their own fraud investigations and in most instances refund any fraudulent charges. You will also want to file a police report. Be sure to maintain a copy of the police report as this may be needed during the dispute process. The LifeLock Service Terms and Conditions also require that you notify LifeLock within ninety (90) days of the date you know, or reasonably should have known, that someone has improperly used your credit or debit card. If you experience any difficulty with reporting this issue, or if your bank or credit card company holds you responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account, contact LifeLock immediately and one of our Member Services agents will assist you. Additionally, our LifeLock Identity Alert™ system is in place on all accounts. Alerts are sent for uses of your personal information in applications for credit and services within our network. Keep in mind, the LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case. LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee from day one of their enrollment. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. (If you’re a resident of New York, the benefits are underwritten by State National Insurance Company.) For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal. Additionally, LifeLock is partnered with NOVA (Natl Organization for Victim Assistance). NOVA can assist you with any concerns regarding your cell phone, email, internet and cyber safety. They can be reached at trynova.org or by calling 1-800-879-6682 and are available Monday-Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm EST. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to completely prevent fraudulent activity on your credit or debit cards. There are many different methods that criminals use to obtain the card information, from something as simple as writing the number down to more sophisticated technology that can detect the information without the cards ever leaving your possession. The only sure way to avoid fraudulent activity is to use cash when making purchases. You may also want to contact your bank/financial institution to see if they are able to add any extra security measures to your account. We hope this answers your questions and again apologize for the negative experience.

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I called into LifeLock to report an identity theft. They proceeded to tell me I would be better covered if I bought a more expensive membership. They then did a bit of victim blaming. At no point did the representative provide me with information I could use to solve my current problem, or to prevent it in the future.

LifeLock

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were not able to speak with me about your account today. I was able to review your account and see you enrolled with our service online on February 6, 2017 and cancelled on February 25th, 2017 using a promo code that does not offer free time. I apologize that no free time was offered due to the promo code. You enrolled yourself and another adult for the service, which are plans are per person plus any sales tax if applicable. I'm so sorry to hear you were on hold for so long. I understand it's frustrating and apologize for the delay in answering your call. The extended hold was due to high call volume, we do occasionally experience volume spikes. Although our goal is to ensure that our calls are addressed quickly every time, it is difficult to predict with perfect accuracy the incoming volume. Some of our calls do take longer than others. It is our commitment to take the time that our members need to take care of all of their needs and concerns. We will do the same for you anytime you call. Again thank you for your feedback.

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

No promised priority support of free 30 day trial - I initially signed up for the 30 day trial for the Ultimate Plus but was immediately charged 29.99. To be honest I wasn't too concerned about that so I just accepted it. Then I added a second person to my account and was charged AGAIN 29.99 - when it did not say that there was to be another charge. And to make matters worse this second person was forever in "pending" even after a week. The Ultimate Plus plan is suppose to include "priority support" but there was only one regular support number to call. In their own words about Priority support: "Priority Live Member Support. Skip the wait and move to the front of the line to speak with a US-based Member Services Agent available to answer your questions." After trying a couple of times and being on hold for about an hour I gave up and canceled. This might be a good service but customer support seems nonexistent.

LifeLock

Thank you for your feed back. I'm sorry I was unable to contact you to address your concerns about our services. Please feel free to contact our member service team 1-800-543-3562 at your convenience to address your concerns.

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

If you have money you'd like to throw away, this is the company for you. I can only speak about my experience, whoever the competition is, they're probably better. I thought if anything, I would feel like someone was watching my back, I would feel secure. Maybe I didn't waste enough money.

LifeLock Company Profile