3.84/5
Based on 624 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)
A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

1863 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

I want to gove a huge thank you for LifeLock promptly emailing me back about my confusing situation with an online and television shopping company that used my debit card for unauthorized activity even after I qualified for their method of payment (even without signing up for anything.) They never refunded me for one item and I have yet to see any apology or a refund for charging me the full amount for several items in one day putting my funds in the negative. Thankfully I was a member of LifeLock before this happened so I was quickly told of what happened to me was on the lines of identity theft. I called and emailed three companies that deal with corruption in companies to report the unauthorized use of my card. Thanks again LifeLock for being there!

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Not a good program and protection. I have been hack and I lost money and also my SS was used for someone else. Providian was the company that service is better than the other one. Is going to be a little more than I can say.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I originally bought LifeLock thru Norton. I forgot my password, had to go thru Norton to change it which was ok, but then I was told that I had to go thru Norton to change my log on name. LifeLock gave me this log on name that was 36 symbols long. I never had a log on name that long as I'm sure not many others have either. No way for me to change my log on name on the LifeLock page. Very troublesome.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was having difficulty removing some bank accounts. I texted LifeLock with my question. I had an answer within 15 minutes and accessed my account and completed my task. Great job lifelock. Another plus is access to a real person if you are not comfortable with computer generated answers.

Dear Rita,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I don't really know why I pay for Lifelock. Since signing up, it hasn't notified me once when me or my wife has applied for credit. If it doesn't notify me of real credit apps, I am dubious that LifeLock will flag identity theft attempts.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to reach out to this member on 04/09/2018, 04/11/2018, and 04/16/2018. We will be happy to address his concerns should he call us back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have used LifeLock for many years. Currently my credit union account is not connecting. Credit union says it's for Lifelock and Lifelock says it's for the credit union to resolve. Meanwhile my accounts are not protected. I was instructed to delete credit union accounts and re-enter them. System will not allow me to re-enter them.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I recently had some fraudulent attempts made using my social security number and birth name. LifeLock offered a broader approach to privacy theft, so I went with them. I’m still getting and handling some of my own complaints before LifeLock gets them. But when LifeLock gets involved, their staff is courteous and professional. They get right on trying to clear matters up and make sure that whatever fraudulent attempts are made are closed down. So, they're proactive in that. The representatives have always been good and my interactions with them have been outstanding. Due to my personal circumstances, LifeLock's service is something that I just have to have for this year.

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

Original review: April 3, 2018

There are 3 major credit checking companies that are used by credit lenders. I recently took out a car loan, but I didn’t receive a notification from LifeLock. How hard is it to monitor 3 companies??? Not sure what I am paying for.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to reach out to this member on 04/09/2018 and 04/10/2018. We will be happy to address his concerns should he call us back.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had just been hit by identity theft and LifeLock was an automatic upgrade with the Norton system. They have been very good too. They're fast and they stay on top of things. Plus they alert me and keep me informed. As soon as you get hit. They’re on the phone with you and they’re calling the company that had the application made. They’ll stay on the line and you talk to them about what's happening with the company. And then when it’s all said and done, they check back and make sure all your questions have been answered.

Dear Howard,

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was surprised at how fast I received a reply to my email concerning a Financial Alert that was very troubling. After doing more research on my part I discovered that my answer to the Alert was wrong and needed help to correct. It was all taken care of without any more time on my part. I was very pleased with the result.

Dear Leslie,

Original review: April 2, 2018

We’ve been on LifeLock for quite a while and so far, we’ve been very happy with it. We had a credit card default a couple of times, and they went ahead and took care of most of the problems. They did it quickly too. Dealing with the LifeLock has been very good as well.

Dear James,

Original review: April 1, 2018

I had to cancel LifeLock after 6 weeks- they never gave me a 30 day trial and aren’t refunding the $. I had 2 things they never caught and thank goodness it was me tightening up my finances. I was never alerted when I closed a bank account and walked out with a 6 figure check. I was told they don’t catch everything and I have a million in protection. Every time that was their answer. I opened an Amex card online - same thing. The added answer was that don’t partner with all banks or Amex etc. My credit cards give me alerts on any credit score change by email and every transaction appears on my iPhone as well as my Visa and Amex’s have best fraud protection ever.

My finances are tied up so tight the military could get in and because I receive Medicare and disability they can’t monitor government insurance or income. Because my taxes are e-filed my accountant would know in seconds if someone else filed. I check every piece of junk mail. So if LifeLock doesn’t partner with anywhere I am compromised I’m screwed anyway. Given the difficulties I have no faith if I had to file a claim that it would be quick reimbursement or stress free. I am going to try a 30 day free trial of their biggest competitor - shame on LifeLock for despite guarantee not even refunding what should of be free and what they advertise on their own website!!!

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to reach out to this member on 04/02/2018, 04/04/2018, 04/05/2018, and 04/09/2018. We will be happy to address her concerns should she decide to call us back.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Everything has been great with LifeLock. I had an identity theft protection issue and I decided to tackle it before it could get worse. When I called LifeLock in the very beginning, I spoke to someone who was rude and ignorant about what was happening. It only happened once though. Cecilia, the person who they have assigned to me, was pleasant and did a fantastic job. So far, LifeLock has taken care of different accounts that weren't mine. They have disputed and cleared them. However, I am waiting for them to restore my credit to be where it used to be as this would take a few weeks or a few months. But they’re working on that now.

Dear Jaime,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: March 31, 2018

My car was stolen with all my stuff in it, and my identity got used. I just got my paperwork sent in today. I haven't gone too far with any other service yet, but LifeLock is monitoring and helping me to see where else my information has been used. So far, learning about all the different reports and things that I wouldn't have previously known about or how to handle has been helpful. However, I've had a hard time getting a hold of a particular person that was helping me originally. But when I have spoken to him or when he has called me back, everything's been fine. And when I've talked to anybody else when I can't get a hold of him, everyone's been super helpful. One time, I left three messages in a week and he was never able to call me back, even though his voice mail says he'll call me back within 48 hours. Then I called again and a sweet woman answered the phone and was able to help me. She said she'd leave a note and let him know.

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I've requested that your Restoration Specialist contact you.

Original review: March 30, 2018

After Experian or Equifax got breached, we decided that we needed to do something. I've seen LifeLock's advertisements on TV and went with them. Although I haven't had them very long, I have been amazed with the times that they've already caught people trying to open accounts on me. I've talked to several reps, they'd get the bank or whoever it was on the phone, then we'd do the conference call and get it all straightened up every time. They took care of everything quickly and I was amazed at how well it worked. I've bragged to everybody about how LifeLock has already saved me and it's worth every penny I pay, and have told them that they really need to at least check into it.

Dear Bessie,

Original review: March 29, 2018

LifeLock has truly made me feel safer to know that they are watching out for me on the web. I don’t have much but with them what I have is protected. I was in the furniture store one buy my daughter a mattress for her bed. When I got to the counter the cashier told me that a security block was on my account. I knew it was LifeLock. So I called LifeLock from the store to let them know that it was me at the furniture store. Thank you LifeLock.

Dear Betty,

Original review: March 29, 2018

Our daughter bought LifeLock in Walnut Creek and referred it to us. My wife and I both have it now. I needed it because I got robbed in my office and had my briefcase stolen where all my checks for my two businesses and tax returns were. So the robbers had everything they wanted including my computer and LifeLock has done a good job stopping all accounts. We stopped the computer the first day by calling at them and that was easy through Mac Care then my insurance replaced that.

But for the rest of it, LifeLock had a job on their hands and as far as I know, to this day, after over a year and a half, none of the checks that the robbers tried to forge went through any bank. And when they started going on the internet applying for cards from different accounts in my name, like Home Depot and Target, and opening accounts with various banks all over the country, all that got stopped. Lifelock's reps were very good and very efficient, too. I'm pleased with them and I’m a happy camper. I'd also recommend their service to anybody.

Clarence,

Original review: March 28, 2018

When I mailed in a payment (money order) I did not know that payments were only accepted by credit card, and such. So instead of you all mailing money order back to me you all properly disposed of it. Good right. No because now I have to wait 4-6 months for Money order to not be cashed. Keep my receipt, show proof and then wait 6-8 weeks for it to check out that I didn't fraud them then they will mail me a check to cash or deposit. So all the total time lost for my money. 1/2 of a year before I get my money back. Not happy.

LifeLock response

LifeLock reached out to this member and addressed her concerns.

Original review: March 28, 2018

LifeLock was included in another service that I signed up for and it was a good value for the price. They send me text messages whenever there's something suspicious. And it could help like sometimes the banks won't approve charges when they think they're suspicious. That interferes with our ability to be consumers because you get denied the charge at the register and we have to come up with a different credit card. By the time we find out that the bank thought that might be suspicious, that's already moot. We've already gone past that. I would just hope that they could coordinate better somehow with LifeLock and just use that to a way of notifying you after.

Their team has been great. They took ownership of my situation and wanted to help me all the way through. They were very positive with their attitude like they cared and that they were going to see me through the problem. They did everything that they could that didn't require me to have to do something. And they gave me the opportunity to do the thing that I needed to do.

Dear Emory,

Original review: March 27, 2018

LifeLock was the only one that came to mind when I found out that I had been a victim of identity theft. They were great. They've taken care of everything they needed to take care of and they've gotten things removed from my credit report. They also went to the companies and made sure I wasn't liable for payment of things that were opened in my name. Their reps were very professional and friendly. LifeLock is the company to go to if you're going through identity theft. The biggest deal was making you feel that you are not alone because that was what sold me.

Dear James,

Original review: March 27, 2018

Lifelock has always been held up as the ultimate protection device. In that I have had no problem. But I received a notice that my credit score had been updated - I went to check. Ah, "Sorry this service is not available, please check back later." 4 times - same response. Sent a message to the company and I got the standard read from the book replies - "Well, it's not OUR fault. Must be something in your system." And to my question as to whether agencies trying to check my credit got this - no answer. Absolutely not helpful. I wonder why I am paying for a service I cannot access.

LifeLock response

We reached out to this member on 3/30/18 4/5/18 and 4/11/18 and are awaiting a response.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I recently purchased LifeLock Standard to monitor my personal information. Within a very short time, I was shown where I had a medium risk factor that I needed to address. I accomplished the task in short order by Faxing an opt-out order to the website. I'm thinking of upgrading my current version of LifeLock. I feel a great sense of relief knowing that they are monitoring not only my personal information, but my investment accts. as well.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We value you as a member! Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 26, 2018

LifeLock was the most prominent one, to my point of view, and it still is. I got it for myself and my wife, and I got it for my parents, too. My parents just passed away, but they were protected by LifeLock, so it worked well for me. I have gotten contacted that somebody’s doing something that is not legal, and you folks took care of it very quickly. I suspect the problem that I have got now began with the hack of Experian. And after that, I began to get notices that people were using my identity for things that were not me, but that has been stopped. The people I’ve spoken with were very helpful. They have facilitated a conference call between the part claiming that I opened a credit card account, and myself. It happened once, and in other times, they ran the ball with another credit card operator, so that solved my problems.

They also gave me data for the contract, the involved credit bureaus, and looked at my accounts to make sure nobody was using them except me. They are very easy to get a hold of. I usually used the phone, but I’ve also used online and that’s fine too. They are like a program running in the background, you do not see it, do not hear it, do not know anything about it until something happens, and then they are all over it. They are fine the way they operate because if I do not hear from them, I have peace of mind that something bad has probably not happened.

Dear Eric,

Original review: March 25, 2018

My nephew's identity was compromised, and it took him forever to get it straightened out, so I joined LifeLock and I've been a member for over a year now. When my identity was compromised, they were very, very helpful. The reps were all very, very nice and very consoling. If they're busy, they call you back as soon as they can. They're always there when I need them. I recommend LifeLock to anybody that's looking for a protection agency.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was debating whether I wanted to spend the money to do LifeLock but I'm really glad I use these people. That was the best money I ever spent 'cause you never know when something's gonna happen to you. If something does happen, I know that they can take care of it for me. I can just do my job and I don't have to worry about it. They have all my bank account information and they do the dark web monitoring too.

I didn't want to be hacked and I wanted to make sure that whatever money I was getting was safe. I wanted to go on LifeLock's reputation. I thought they might help me if I needed them, and they did. In January, I got hacked 10 times and it was probably last year when Experian got hacked. Somebody took my information and was trying get credit cards in my name. The LifeLock guys were great about helping me. They got on the phone with me immediately, asked me several questions, called the bank and resolved it right then. It was great. I didn't have to do it myself or worry about it. I don't have to worry about my bank accounts now so I really feel secure using it. I love LifeLock.

Dear Lisa,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: March 24, 2018

I'm getting older and starting to get things paid off, and I don't want to get into big household stuff, so I decided to get identity theft protection. LifeLock had a pretty good score on Better Business Bureau. I've had them for a long time already and they are the most well-known ones I know. There was someone using my Social Security number for a credit card in California, and they called it the next day. It’s well worth the money. Customer service was also great. They definitely wanted to make sure things got done and taken care of, and I easily got a hold of the right people to make sure there were no issues. They even did the joint call between me and the other people and it all worked out good. It was just a great experience, and I even got my wife on it.

Dear Bill,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: March 23, 2018

My identity was stolen and someone charged all my credit cards. I saw LifeLock on TV and I've been with them since January. So far, they have been really great. My credit was hacked before I got them, so they couldn't help me with the things that happened before January. But they've notified me about everything that went on after. They've been on phone calls with different companies with me such as the credit departments in different stores to help try to clear things up. But I haven't heard from LifeLock in a month, so, I'm assuming that there's nothing else going on right now. I've recommended them to several of my family and friends, too. Their service is necessary nowadays and I wish I had them all along then none of that would have ever happened to me.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've had LifeLock before Identity theft was a big issue. I kept paying my premiums. I am so thankful I did because this world has changed and LifeLock is a Must. Without it, it's like leaving home without your wallet. They have been with me every step of the way. Thank you LIFELOCK.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I was caught up in the Experian deal. LifeLock seemed to be the most reputable identity theft provider. And so far, I've been very pleased with them. They've caught at least three different attempts at opening new accounts using my name. In one specific incident, a member of the LifeLock team got a three-way-call going with me and Fingerhut to where someone had tried to open an account in my name, and got it straightened out. It's been very professional dealing with them and I appreciate that. I've already recommended them to a number of friends.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had my identity stolen and an ID fraud. A colleague at work told me about LifeLock and as a result, I contacted them and signed up. This person who stole my ID tried to open credit card and bank accounts as well as take out loans and LifeLock helped me manage all that. They contacted different vendors and made sure that all these were tagged as fraud. Their reps were very good, cooperative, and very professional. For instance, when we called one vendor and there was going to be a 30 minute wait time, they stayed on the line where I was able to get off. Long story short, they’ve saved me. They’ve kept me from getting in a lot of trouble with all the issues that I’ve gone through. I would recommend them to others.

Dear Kyle,

LifeLock expert review by Rob Douglas

LifeLock is an identity theft protection company that is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. Founded in 2005, the company is considered one of the leading identity theft protection companies in the world. In 2017, LifeLock was acquired by Symantec Corp., a world leader in cyber security.

• Standard Plan: LifeLock’s Standard plan includes all SSN and credit alerts. It also includes lost wallet protection, address change verification, website surveillance, LifeLock Privacy Monitor and $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement. The Standard plan costs $9.99 per month.

• Advantage plan: The Advantage plan includes everything in the standard plan but increases reimbursement funds to $100,000. The Advantage plan also adds data breach notifications, bank and credit card activity alerts, an annual credit card report and a VantageScore credit report from one bureau. The Advantage plan costs $19.99 per month.

• Ultimate Plus plan: LifeLock’s Ultimate Plus plan includes the features of the Advantage plan but adds an annual credit report from three bureaus, monthly VantageScore tracking, 401(k) and investment alerts, credit inquiry alerts, sex offender registry alerts and priority live member support. The Ultimate Plus plan costs $29.99 per month.

• $1 Million service guarantee: LifeLock ensures that the company will spend up to $1 million to help get a customer's identity back on track after a case of theft. Check LifeLock's website for its legal policy regarding its terms, conditions and exclusions.

• App service: Users can track their identity protection service with LifeLock’s cell phone application.

• Best for: people at risk of identity theft, families and people who frequently use credit cards.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information