Call toll free
800-915-4952
3.91/5
Based on 694 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1957 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

I asked for help in changing some personal information but then found out it did not need changing. When I realized this I wrote and apologized for this. I received a very nice response saying that it was not an inconvenience at all and if I needed any help in any way, just call.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

Kristen Tifft

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was very thankful to LifeLock. Had it not been for them I would of never known the dark web had my info. I questioned LifeLock about the email I received & they advised immediately what actions I needed to take.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Thank you for choosing LifeLock. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kristen Tifft

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: June 10, 2018

I had a problem with my account and your customer service is awful. First they tried to authenticate me by asking about a person I currently live with or lived with recently. They referred to Jeff, who is my college roommate from 1993. This is certainly not “recent or current”. They also asked where my social security number was issued. This happened when I was a baby, over 40 years ago. How in the world would I know where this was issued?!? Then I was transferred from enrollment to member services and back to enrollment and back to member services. No one could answer basic questions about my account. You should be ashamed of this performance.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Joined LifeLock because I wanted monthly updates from all three Bureaus. Come to find they only furnish reports from Equifax with the $200/year plan. Fine, upgrade to $300/year plan to get Transunion and Experian. ONLY then do you find out that the reports are updated only a yearly basis for Experian and Transunion. Called to cancel, and "Retention" specialist Nikolai felt the need to tell me that actually, their lawyers do a great job. I told Nikolai I don't care what he thinks of his lawyers and asked for his supervisor. Mr. ** was even worse, and actually laughed at me during the cancellation. I am beyond disgusted with these crooks.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We learned we were double-billed for Norton and contacted the chat line. Sunil on the chat line said the best thing was to combine the subscriptions. This placed our renewal for Norton to 2022. I asked about the LifeLock discount and Sunil gave me the number to LifeLock and told me to call them. I called LifeLock the next day and was told Norton should have given me a code for the discount and was told I would need to cancel my LifeLock subscription and contact Norton for the code and then give it to LifeLock. I found the bundle online in my Norton account and tried to purchase it. I received an error message and called the number for LifeLock I was given.

After multiple attempts of trying to explain the problem, a LifeLock representative said the problem was the extended subscription. She offered $25 savings. I saw where new customers were receiving the bundle for half the regular price. But as a long-term customer, I was offered very little and I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to resolve the issue. I am disgusted with both companies. I called for a refund the following day and was told that Norton can only refund to the latest charge within 60 days. The reps at each company said they were unfamiliar with the other company's promotions. Ridiculous for established companies to have the long standing customer work out the kinks in the promotions. This should have been better thought through before releasing it to the public.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2018

I was notified by email that my credit card had been used with SSN and card number but no name. The note promised that someone from LifeLock would contact me by phone but it has not happened. Expensive service for what we are getting.

LifeLock response

LifeLock is committed to providing a world class experience to all of our members, including the resolution of any complaints regarding our products or services. LifeLock contacted the member on 6/5/18 to address their concerns.

Original review: June 4, 2018

To date, thankfully, I haven't had to make use of their recovery option. Anytime I've had to talk with someone there, they were always courteous and helpful. The only problem I have with them is their portal and its inability to accept my login info through Norton's ID Safe. I'm sure they have a logical reason for them, but It is frustrating having to locate my "backup" (read that as my hard copy) info. So much for computers making our lives easier.

Dear Ronald,

Original review: June 4, 2018

I get frequent emails from LifeLock to check my login info with my capital one credit card account. I was unable to add this credit card. I contacted Lifelock and was basically told they cannot monitor capital one cards. Makes no sense to me since this is my primary credit card.

Dear Florence Stafford,

Thank you for contacting LifeLock. I apologize for the frustration this has caused you.

There is a known issue when connecting to Capital One accounts for some LifeLock members due to updated website security measures put in place by Capital One on some accounts. Unfortunately, we are unable to maintain a connection to an account with this security measure in place. While we appreciate your patience as we work to correct this issue, please note that we currently do not have a timeframe for when or if this issue can be addressed as such restrictive security measures are at the discretion of financial institutions.

However, if you detect any fraudulent activity and Capital One holds you responsible, our Restoration Team is here to assist you backed by the Million Dollar Protection Package† from day one of your enrollment.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My friend got LifeLock for his family and I did the same for mine. I signed up last fall and come February, I got hit with a barrage of identity theft. I had about eight things hit all within six weeks. My date of birth, social security number, and everything was out there. They were going bank to bank, car loan to car loan, whatever they could open, and I’ve locked down everyone of them. I’ve since put a freeze with all three bureaus, so there’s no credit report and no credit score. LifeLock team helped and it could have been very ugly if I wasn’t alerted. However, I feel fundamentally that I’m paying for the service to protect me from their parent company. I was a victim of the Equifax breach despite me being so tight with my information. I don’t jump around with credit so I don’t know how my info has gotten out there. Nonetheless, LifeLock did a good job.

Dear Christopher,

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was a LifeLock member for many years. When I needed them most, they failed me. I lost my purse and called them to report it so I wouldn't have anyone take advantage of credits cards, etc. They hung up on me a number of times, and after I was finally able to speak to someone, they said they couldn't help me. I called them again that evening and was put on hold for forever. It was a horrible experience! I canceled them and would encourage anyone to really investigate them before sending them your money. They were not there for me, didn't try to help and totally failed in customer service.

LifeLock response

This consumer has not been a LifeLock member for more than 2 years. When the member called to report her lost wallet in 2016 she declined assistance from LifeLock. We are happy to speak with her about reinstating her account and offering assistance should she decide to give us a call. Our direct phone number is 800-543-3562.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I saw a LifeLock commercial on TV back in the day, and at the time, I was trying to figure out what to do. I just started a new job and that job was gonna take me to Argentina. The government of Argentina requested a lot of personal information for me to be able to get a visa there to work. Then, when I started that job, it was the most money I've ever made in my whole life so I thought of signing up with LifeLock.

The guys from LifeLock are my stars. I've had at least four occasions where they have just flat stopped identity theft against me. When these happened, I got an email from them saying that we got a problem and they would explain to me what was going on. Then, they asked me if I applied for a credit card or if I did this or that. The most recent one was when somebody applied for a cell phone and LifeLock asked me to call them to confirm. So, I did and told them that I wasn't even in the continental United States that moment. They explained to me what they were seeing and if it was not me then they pretty much would take care of it. It's all been positive with LifeLock. They have the best reputation among the places that do identity theft protection.

Dear Robert,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: May 28, 2018

I had gone through a horrendous identity theft and I knew that I had to get help. LifeLock would text and call me and immediately I would return the call and they would run down the transaction that was tried. Did I authorize this? And obviously my answer would be, "No, I don't know. No, I did not apply for that credit card." And they would contact the credit bureaus to not authorize any transaction that my name appeared on. I am so happy that I joined LifeLock and they have been a lifesaver. I've lost a substantial amount of money and they have blocked anyone down the road from doing that. That yearly sum that I spend with LifeLock is a pittance to my satisfaction.

Dear Richard,

Original review: May 27, 2018

I received credit alerts from five Free services: myIDcare (OPM), ProtectMYID (AAA), Chase Credit Journey, IDProtectMe (Hancock Bank), Experian Credit Check (USAA), but nothing from LifeLock!! Looks like I'm throwing away $10.00 every month! The canned BS response I received from LifeLock didn't make things any better.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had some fraudulent charges that were put on one of my credit cards and LifeLock was able to take care of those. I’ve had several other ones too, so they’ve been hard with me on making sure my credit is locked down and that anytime somebody tries to open a credit card in my name, LifeLock would be right on it. They’ve been taking care of whatever I need and they’re on top of it. I’m also thankful that they are really proactive. I get calls from them and they see things before I do. LifeLock has been excellent, as well as both of the account reps I've worked with.

Dear Llewellyn,

Original review: May 27, 2018

LifeLock is a good company. They were always on top of things and also answered all of my questions. They did a couple of things that I really didn’t think that they would do too. I've used Walmart's website about once or twice and there was a breach, and they notified me about that. Also, when I refinanced my car, it was a lending institute that reached out and LifeLock told me about that. I really like them.

Dear William,

Original review: May 26, 2018

I wonder if there is REALLY advantage in having ANY of your services... If all the EXCUSES I got are the reality of it... I DO really wonder WHY I upgraded. I wanted REAL monitoring and reporting of transactions... I got excuses why you CAN'T.

LifeLock response

LifeLock is committed to providing a world class experience to all of our members, including the resolution of any complaints regarding our products or services. LifeLock contacted the member on 6/4/2018 and have addressed their concerns.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I recently enrolled in LifeLock and I am happy to report that the company provided prompt notification of activity on my credit report! It wasn't a surprise, as it was ME opening a new credit card account, but it gives me peace of mind to know that this service really works. The service is not inexpensive - but my peace of mind is worth it.

Dear Julie,

Original review: May 26, 2018

My dad told me I should look into identity theft protection and LifeLock caught a couple of things that were fraud. Then, they helped me dial the fraud agencies to make sure they had alerts on them. The people from LifeLock stayed on the line with me and were great about it. Everybody who I've worked with has been great, very good at communicating, friendly and nice. Kudos to everybody at LifeLock.

Dear Peter,

Original review: May 26, 2018

I got LifeLock through my wife's business. Redmond hospital had it for everybody and it had a special feel, and we were looking for it, it popped up and we took it. We've been getting tapped quite a bit. We've been having some problems and LifeLock has thwarted quite a few things and they've done a really good job. The first thing they do is they call us and tell us what's going on. They dig deeper into it and if it's a small thing, they' call the company and do a three-way, and if they can't get it solved right then, about four weeks later they have a follow-up. When they had this credit unlimited file for the loan, they called me up and then I had them take care of it.

Dear Michael,

Original review: May 25, 2018

My overall experience with LifeLock was good and I know that they’ll find me really quickly on things that are happening.

Dear Frank,

Original review: May 25, 2018

Tim signed up for LifeLock and I have a Power of Attorney for the account. But the people who answer the phone don’t have any idea how to handle the account when you have a Power of Attorney. I got juggled around from person to person before I got to the person that I needed. So LifeLock has not been very helpful. My experience was not very good and I don’t recommend it.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I heard good things about LifeLock so I decided to go with them. I had an incident in which they caught and were able to correct quite quickly. A credit card had been opened in my name or had been applied for in my name and they had indicated that happened at 6:00 PM. LifeLock sent me emails on a Friday about 9 PM, which was when they reached out and caught it. And then they called by Monday afternoon and got me on the phone with the credit card service and we got it resolved.

The only thing that I didn’t love was that when I disputed the alert, they sent me a very generic email saying, "We’ll reach out in three to five business days." I get it that there was nothing they could do but it would have been nice to receive a call over the weekend even though it's just a person saying, "Don’t worry. Everything's okay." And just something more than that automated email like, "Here’s everything we're going to do. This is first thing Monday morning when everything's open again. We'll get on it." That would have been nice.

Generally my interactions with the LifeLock team are okay. But I had an issue where I was trying to have the higher level plan and they were having trouble. I had just moved and so the credit bureaus were reporting a different address for me than what my actual address was. I didn't know that it was their fault but LifeLock kept telling me I had to contact the credit bureaus and whenever I’d contact them, they said there was nothing they could do. Ultimately, LifeLock's answer was that I needed to downgrade my service. And I couldn't have the service then, so that was a little frustrating. But their people were helpful and I have since upped the service. And I haven't heard anything so I guess everything has corrected itself over time.

With LifeLock I have peace of mind knowing that they're watching and potentially able to help. And I'd tell my friends to get LifeLock or something like it, definitely. LifeLock is a good option and honestly, I have thought about cancelling it until the incident happened with me and now, there's no way I'm canceling it. In terms of them versus a competitor LifeLock is fine and they do a good job. I've seen little random things here and there but overall LifeLock is a really good service.

Dear Michael,

Original review: May 24, 2018

After that big Equifax to-do last year, I called LifeLock to see what kind of membership and price points they offered. It was concern that finally made me decide to go with them. Not too long after signing up with them, I ended up as a victim of identity and fraud issues. LifeLock stepped in and they’ve been very useful and helpful. So signing up with them was a good move on my part.

The only thing that I had a hiccup with was communicating the initial alert to me at the beginning. They had sent a couple of emails which unfortunately ended up in my spam folder and I didn’t catch them in time. But they followed-up on that and made a couple of phone calls. Maybe it was because I didn’t respond to the email or it was just to be redundant and doubly safe. I wasn’t able to grab my phone but my voicemail picked up and this was where I saw a problem. They did not leave a message. They could have simply said it was LifeLock calling, that they had detected something that could be a problem and that they need me to call them back. But I just had to hung-up a call from a number I didn’t recognize and I called it as dropping off the ball.

What happened was someone was trying to open a credit card in my name and as soon as the credit check went through, it alerted LifeLock. That was how it was supposed to work. They were monitoring and they did their job. But if they had left me that message, we could have cut this off right at the beginning. Instead, the credit card application went through. The person had the card and ran up thousands of dollars. But beyond that, LifeLock had been absolutely outstanding. They had been there every step of the way and they worked tirelessly. I spent a lot of time on the phone with them. They had been very polite with me and understanding. The conversation was just between LifeLock and myself and in some cases, with a third party that they were advocating my behalf with.

The service is a good value and it’s really worth the money. It doesn’t even cost a whole lot per year to be a member with their basic service and you still get a good deal with their basic service. They don’t cover some of the things in their basic service like monitoring credit cards but the bank probably is monitoring that anyway so I don’t need to pay someone for that. LifeLock is a good company to have. If something goes wrong, they will work all the way to get everything set back right.

Dear Jesse,

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had some issues with the financial institution where a credit card was opened up. It wasn’t even a credit card; it was an account that was opened up under my name. They called me, and I told them it was not me and to not open the account. They asked for a police report and I did not have one. I said, “Look at it. It’s not me, just close it and we don’t need to do anything more”, and they agreed. But they didn’t close it because I never sent a police report and then someone used the account. I called LifeLock and told them what was going on and they immediately took over. They called the financial institution, talked with their fraud department and did all the legwork for me. In the meantime, I had also done split credit freezes with all the credit bureaus. So when all of this was done, they helped me release the freezes and get through the loan process. They did all the behind-the-scenes work and I didn’t spend any time on it.

Dear Ryan,

Original review: May 23, 2018

My Social Security number was stolen a couple of times and I had to do a police report. My husband recommended me to LifeLock and signed me up. He told me that I would be very secured with LifeLock and that it is something that I would need in the future. And he was right. I haven’t had any problems whatsoever with the security. When I reported something through LifeLock several months ago, they responded immediately and everything turned out to be the correct way to do it. No one is using my Social Security anymore and I feel more confident now. LifeLock is doing a very good job and I’m really happy with the service. Thank you, LifeLock. I’m going to continue using the service and I would recommend them really highly as well.

Dear Maria,

Original review: May 22, 2018

Someone in the office was fired and stole a lot of the IDs and charged my business charge card up to about 30 thousand dollars. I just retired so I needed help. I joined LifeLock so I would be safe the next time around and so far, I've been very satisfied with them. I'm very pleased with how their customer service people handled my situation. They called me when transactions were taking place and I wasn’t aware of. They would ask if it is me. It's important and very helpful. I highly recommend LifeLock for everybody. In fact, I have my son on it.

Dear Rahkiah,

Original review: May 22, 2018

I got a note from Experian and I didn’t have any problems, but because we have some assets that could disappear and I didn’t want that to happen, I needed to have identity theft protection. Also, I’m 73. If I lose everything I've worked for, it won't be a good situation. LifeLock has worked well and I love it. They've found about five things where my name or social security number was used to try to get a credit card or a loan. I would have never caught any of the stuff they caught and if they’ve been too late, I would’ve been paying somebody’s loan. There was one case where I bought a television for somebody in Florida and when I talked to the company, I told them that if it’s paid for, they should send it to me, but they didn’t do that.

I also really like that LifeLock would not just tell me about the situation, they would stay on the phone with me, listen while I was talking to the different banks or the loan companies, and help me say the right thing. Each one of the issues has been resolved in minutes and I’ve heard other stories where it would take months to get that stuff resolved, so I’m never gonna leave LifeLock. I’m happy with them and the reps have always been so polite. Plus, they always do follow-ups via email or phone to check if everything has worked out. I tell everybody about LifeLock. It’s been a good experience with them.

Dear Joseph,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I heard horror stories from people that had identity theft happen to them so I decided I better do something. LifeLock did a good job. A couple of times people tried to open an application for credit and LifeLock has called me right away. We’ve been able to shut it down and mark how it happened. I get financial alerts about stuff that’s happening and, in some cases, it’s not bad because my son has the same name but I’d rather know about it and it doesn’t bother me. LifeLock’s team has been great and super helpful.

Dear Micheal,

Original review: May 21, 2018

I like what LifeLock offers and I’ve heard good things about them. They’ve helped me with several things including credit card fraud and it was very good with their team. I got to the Alert Team and they seemed to know what they were doing. They call if there has been a hit on my ID and I like how they treat me. I’ve never had a problem once I got to the right number to call. And they go to bat for me, answer my questions, and they take care of me.

Dear Marcia,

Original review: May 21, 2018

Identity theft protection was getting more and more to be an everyday thing and I didn't want to worry about it all the time so I got identity theft protection. LifeLock seems to offer the most widespread and effective coverage and I also had read that their customer service was really excellent. Since I signed up, I've had a few times when someone had tried to use my information, social security number and maiden name to open some credit account. LifeLock had been on top of it and called me, then conference called with those companies to get everything cleared up very quickly and easily. They took care of everything so it’s taken the stress off of me.

Every time I have to deal with somebody from LifeLock, they're very friendly, professional and helpful. If I have any questions I just ask whatever so I feel very comfortable and feel like there is somebody on my side every time. It's doing an excellent job and I would recommend them to anybody. I have recommended them to several members of my family so that they have that peace of mind. And if somebody asks me about them, I will tell them that the minimal cost of LifeLock is worth it to not to deal with the stress and know that someone's looking out for them.

Dear Ashley,

LifeLock expert review by Rob Douglas

LifeLock is an identity theft protection company that is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. Founded in 2005, the company is considered one of the leading identity theft protection companies in the world. In 2017, LifeLock was acquired by Symantec Corp., a world leader in cyber security.

• Standard Plan: LifeLock’s Standard plan includes all SSN and credit alerts. It also includes lost wallet protection, address change verification, website surveillance, LifeLock Privacy Monitor and $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement. The Standard plan costs $9.99 per month.

• Advantage plan: The Advantage plan includes everything in the standard plan but increases reimbursement funds to $100,000. The Advantage plan also adds data breach notifications, bank and credit card activity alerts, an annual credit card report and a VantageScore credit report from one bureau. The Advantage plan costs $19.99 per month.

• Ultimate Plus plan: LifeLock’s Ultimate Plus plan includes the features of the Advantage plan but adds an annual credit report from three bureaus, monthly VantageScore tracking, 401(k) and investment alerts, credit inquiry alerts, sex offender registry alerts and priority live member support. The Ultimate Plus plan costs $29.99 per month.

• $1 Million service guarantee: LifeLock ensures that the company will spend up to $1 million to help get a customer's identity back on track after a case of theft. Check LifeLock's website for its legal policy regarding its terms, conditions and exclusions.

• App service: Users can track their identity protection service with LifeLock’s cell phone application.

• Best for: people at risk of identity theft, families and people who frequently use credit cards.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information