3.20/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

1557 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have been a victim of identity theft, but now that I've got LifeLock, I don't worry about it. I felt more comfortable with them than other providers and I've been with them for four years now. If anything comes up, they always call or email me to let me know that something's not right or I give them a call. I've talked to some of their representatives as well as the lawyer part when they do an investigation. Overall, I love LifeLock and they worked all right with me.

Dear Velma,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Jennifer Strosberg

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've been a user of LifeLock since 2011 or 2012, I don't remember when. I have LifeLock Command Center. I asked my partner if she would be interested in LifeLock, but she didn't feel ID theft services were worthwhile, and declined to sign up. I do think LifeLock is worth it, though, and will continue to use it. I consider the service I've received so far to be good.

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we appreciate your time. If your partner has any questions about what we do for our members, please have her give us a call at 800-543-3562 or take a look at our services at www.lifelock.com.

Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a lovely day.

Jennifer Strosberg

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Somebody stole my Social Security, my ID, my email and my Gmail. I saw on TV that LifeLock can monitor your credit and they have been helping me a lot. Every time somebody tries to open an account they call me and they try to help me to clear with the credit bureaus. Everybody was really friendly and tried to help me all the time. Anybody who's got credit problems, get LifeLock. I will recommend them.

Dear Jose,

Jennifer Strosberg

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

From watching the news and seeing everything that's out there, I decided to get identity theft protection. And because my wife is already a member of LifeLock, I got my membership from them as well. Every time that we've ever applied for a loan, they've always monitored it and always gave us a call. They did an investigation for me to help figure out what was going on. The reps were very good. They were very personable and they seemed like they cared when I was doing one-on-one with them. They were proactive. They wanted to hear what I had to say. Both my wife and I are very happy with the service. And I have recommended them.

Dear Quinn,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Couldn't add my insurance to my profile. This was the answer - not very satisfactory: This is a known issue that manifested with some users of the LifeLock app. While we don't have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, we are working to correct this as soon as possible.

Hello Lois,

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble adding information to your LifeLock member portal. I'm going to send you a private message with my direct contact information. Please give me a call so we can try to get this resolved together.

Jennifer Strosberg

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My fiancé has been a LifeLock customer for years now and she put me on her account. I've been doing most of my monitoring myself but I figured it'd be better if I have somebody watching me watching it. LifeLock was on top of everything and I had a fantastic experience with them. They know what they're doing, they're very personal about it, and they follow-up. They put me in all the right places at the right time with the Federal Trade Commission, the police, the two creditors that I've never asked for and the credit reporting agencies. They had all the right numbers and we did everything in 30 minutes.

Dear Willie,

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

LifeLock is one of the benefits that AOL offers. I've had a number of problems over the years where my account had been used by someone else and there were charges on my account that weren’t mine. When AOL offered it as part of the monthly amount that I pay for, I signed up for it. Recently, they contacted me and said that they noticed some unusual activity on my account. They asked me if it was a charge for an account that I had opened and I said no. So, they did the investigating. They sent me all the paperwork and I had to go to the police department and report a fraud on my account.

What happened with this recent incident was that someone had opened two charge accounts in my name. A store that I have never even heard of before sent some merchandise to my former office. They used the address of my former office and a package had gone there. I had just moved my office in April and the owner of the building called and told me I have a package there waiting for me. I thought it was maybe something I had ordered from Staples or something that just went there instead of to the new office.

When I went there on my own, I didn't even know what it was. That same afternoon LifeLock called and said they had noticed this has happened. They caught it quickly and were able to get any damages reversed. The accounts were both closed. They had it taken off of my credit report and they got in touch with the bank who issues the credit card for that company. They had me on the phone with them, talking to them, asking what had happened, etc, and it was all taken care of fairly quickly.

The reps are very knowledgeable and very pleasant. They follow everything up with emails, explaining everything with all the forms. They assigned someone from the restoration team to me so I can email or call them anytime I want or anytime I have a question. What I found out when I went to the police department to report this was the police looked it up and found a second account that was just opened at the same company in my name. So, I called LifeLock back and I told them, and then they proceeded to do the whole thing for the second account to make sure that one was closed out as well. And then, they sent an email but they also sent a letter through the mail telling me that the claim has been recovered and everything is all set and closed out. They're very good about it. They took charge of everything and did it all for me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My dad signed me up with LifeLock after we found out that my social security number was stolen. I've had them since October 7 and it's helpful because they've alerted me every time a credit card has been opened in my name or, any type of my personal information has come up through an application. I'm then able to take the next steps to making sure those credit cards are no longer being used. The whole LifeLock team has really helpful. They have been great throughout the whole process. It was an easy and timely experience with LifeLock.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My case worker, Jennifer, is a sweet lady. She is marvelous. She did everything she could to help me when I presented my case of identity theft. She was the only one who gave any kind of positive hope. I went to AT&T, Yahoo, and even made a police report, and I kept going around in circles. Then, I remembered I have LifeLock which I’ve been paying for for years. I’m very happy that LifeLock cares as compared to everybody else that takes the report and does nothing. The experience with LifeLock has been very uplifting and wholesome. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot that they can do for me as they have gone through the motions. It is now up to me to sue these thieves.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I've enjoyed my experience with LifeLock immensely. I had my identity stolen twice, but LifeLock nipped it in the bud both times and I didn’t lose anything. Both were credit cards filled out in my name by other people. There's a little $907 damage on one but I kept telling the people that it's not mine and LifeLock finally got a hold of them. I had talked with a few of the people at LifeLock and they’ve always done really great. They’ve steered me in the right direction and took care of me. They’ve also been nice, friendly, courteous and business-like. I have the peace of mind that I don’t have to worry about people taking my goodies.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

You will not let me cancel. I have informed fraud department at my bank, all future attempts to charge me will be reported as fraud. You claim it takes longer to respond yet your computer works fine for surveys. Horrible customer service.

LifeLock response

Hello, we apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding we may have caused. We are sorry to lose you as a member. We have cancelled your account per your request.

Denise
Member Affairs

LifeLock ( a Symantec Company)

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

In 2015 when the IRS was breached, I was given a free thing for Experian and I also got an advertisement for LifeLock and I signed up for both. I had a couple of breaches and LifeLock alerted me in time to stop it and prevent any problems. The LifeLock team has been awesome. They were right there for me, they answered my questions, and they gave me numbers to call back so I'd know how to get them if I have other problems. I recommend people to look into LifeLock's products if they've been a victim of fraud or if their credit numbers have been stolen. They should check out what would work best for them and sign up with LifeLock.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I asked a question about title theft which is being discussed on the television and commercials where they’re selling title theft insurance. The representative told me my flock does not have such coverage and if I was looking for it I should contact some other company that offers such coverage. Offered no insight into the topic or the reality of such a “title theft” was something of concern. Very unhelpful. Very disappointed.

LifeLock response
Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. We apologize for any confusion and wanted to provide clarification for you.
As part of the Ultimate Plus Protection, LifeLock scans for property records that match your personal information and addresses. When you first enroll in this feature, we start with a Property Baseline Report, simply establishing properties associated with your personal information. After that we notify you if we detect updates filed with the local county office including: New Property Record, Change in Owner, New Lender, Change in Financing and Notices of Default.
LifeLock's Restoration Team will assist as long as you were a LifeLock member at the time that the fraud occurred.
The LifeLock alert network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case.
The Million Dollar Protection package provides up to $1 million in coverage for lawyers and experts, if needed. You also receive reimbursement for stolen funds and personal expense compensation each with limits up to $1,000,000 for Ultimate Plus members. The benefits under the Million Dollar Protection Package are provided by a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy- you can see LifeLock.com/legal.
We value you as a member.
Sally Mauro
Member Affairs

LifeLock (a Symantec company)

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had LifeLock for several years before and then I canceled it. The world just changed a lot and I felt the need was there to have LifeLock again and so I did. Then we had a problem so I'm glad I had it this time and I'll probably just keep it unless we get so poor that we can't afford to pay for it. It really saved us a bundle of money because our identity was stolen. The hackers had taken our name, our identity and made some purchases. LifeLock took care of the problem and our credit was restored. It wasn't a lot of money for others but to retirees, like we are, it was a lot of money. Although, I only had one problem. It's hard to communicate a lot of times when you want to communicate with them. But it worked out okay. I just sent the rep an email and he got my answer and emailed it back to me. A lot of times it was a lot faster than some service anyway.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I had a couple of my credit cards used fraudulently and I thought of having security to assist me with that because perpetrators were using them in Mexico and places that I've never been. I’ve got the $19.99 a month plan from LifeLock and they monitor all my credit cards and everything that I'm using. The setup was really easy. I did most of it online but whenever I have to call with one of the representatives, she was down to earth and very sympathetic with my situation. Also, I was able to reach out to her via email anytime I had a question. Her name is Nicole and I could contact her any time.

Recently, somebody opened a Comcast account in my name and charged up a thousand dollars on its bill. Then somehow Comcast started contacting me and letting me know that I need to pay this money. So I contacted LifeLock and Iet them know that there was a fraudulent account set up in my name. I worked with one of their representatives and she was really nice and easy to talk to. She was also courteous and gave me all the information I needed to fill out, which was super easy. Eventually, everything was resolved and I didn't have to pay any money for that debt that was owed. I'm happy that I had LifeLock because it's nice to have somebody that would help me with the process and work on my behalf. Plus, everything is monitored through the app and it is easy to use.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

LifeLock became a discounted employee benefit for the organization I work for. I’ve had numerous identity theft and credit fraud occurrences and LifeLock has been incredible to work with. The reps were very professional, direct, told me what I needed to do, and followed up. In our electronic and internet-based worlds, people got to have LifeLock. And with the security breaches, it’s something that every American needs right now.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

They start you free at top $1,000,000.00 and the credit report they ran from bureaus didn't reflect what I had rec'd from bank. Was told not to run my own, that it would be the same. Made me think, something was wrong. I paid for all 3 and scores were more in line, than theirs! And they do a scare tactic. I have AAA and can get free coverage Experian, they have (2) Accessible and the one for $1,000,000.00 for $8.95 per person, which I'm going to change to the $8.95. AAA has been around a lot longer than LifeLock and I don't like being told something that's not true and using scare tactic and they do that. My bank had recently run my credit and my score was not 30 points lower than LifeLock report from 3 Bureaus! The report I didn't print 84 pages.

UPDATE ON 11/19/2017: After using scare tactics, when I tried to cancel, the 1st month's free $1,000,000.00, I was told to call back, which the 9th of Nov. 2017, would be the 29th day, took coverage on the 11th of Oct. 2017. On the 9th, had to take mother to ER, which she remained until Sat., so, I forgot to contact LifeLock, was going to keep, but only $25,000.00 coverage and on the 10th of Nov. 2017, at 6:25 AM EST and saw I was being charged for the $1,000,000.00 on the 30th day, which was in pending and called only to find out, that to call to cancel entirely, due to charging before the free 30 days before a complete 30 days free of charge only to find out I'm speaking to the person in the Philippines, at 7:25 PM. This is supposed to be a US company, which has been bought out by another company, through Sally, who contacted me from Life Lock, because of me reporting this to ConsumerAffairs.

I will say that she said that the representatives needed more review of training of said person and other people who used scare tactics with me to keep the coverage of $25,000.00! My funds were reversed and I'm keeping AAA, free Experian coverage for right now and their 2nd tier of coverage, which is $1,000,000.00 for $8.95 because I am a member. These companies can pay for violation of your identity or your loss of funds and attorney fees, none of them can correct your credit standings, once you've been violated!

LifeLock response
Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. Again, we apologize for the bad experience that you had with our company. We appreciate your feedback.
Sally
Member Affairs

LifeLock (a Symantec company)

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We wanted protection because we had our identity stolen and I remember seeing LifeLock’s advertisement. LifeLock was very good and it worked out wonderfully. When our identity was stolen, we had to fill up a police report and LifeLock took care of everything. Their lawyer, whom we became good friends with, was in communication with us. The bank came back and I think LifeLock said, "You have 90 days to pursue other actions," and the lawyer reminded the bank after 90 days. We gave all the information of the person to them but the lawyer really went to that. Then, the same person went back into the bank after nine days and applied for another credit card. The bank didn’t catch it, LifeLock did.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

All other companies were only monitoring my credit and because I wanted someone that could handle my credit, I went with LifeLock. I got hacked in July of this year, and LifeLock investigated, got everything settled, and cleared my credit and any frauds that got claims off of my credit. Their team was always excellent. They handled everything to my satisfaction. Sometimes there were a lot of procedures but you have to do what was requested for them to conduct the investigation. I would tell people to get LifeLock. It’s better to have somebody work for you than somebody who gets your money. They will help to get your money back or clear it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Somebody stole my identity so I got LifeLock. Everybody from there seems to be very nice. The young people that work there, Precious and Justin, have been very respectful and I really appreciate them. I got to call and talk to them today because they sent me a list of all the money that the persons who stole my identity had charged on the credit cards that they got. People out there are selling your identity and they're charging, so I told others to get protection and that Lifelock can help.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I've known about LifeLock for a while, and I've seen how they're advertising some stuff and I was going through a little identity theft so I decided to give them a chance. I liked their reputation, and they were better than other providers and were also cheaper, which was a good combination. I had an issue that popped up and the representative that I've contacted got the group on the phone. We had a three-way call and got the issue fixed. I got a letter from that company in a week stating that they got it taken care of. The outcome was better than I expected.

Anytime I've had to deal with the LifeLock team, it's been great. I hope that I'll never have to call them again. But knowing that there will be somebody that would be able to help me, helps me not to worry. And when I get a professional there to help me, it makes life easy. I'd tell my friends to sign up with LifeLock if they are constricted or concerned with anything about their credit history because they'll be there to help them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was under the impression the policy was for my FAMILY - then when I got a letter from them telling me they needed more info on my husband, I logged in to learn he's not protected. I felt conned, so I called to cancel my membership. I got A LOT of pushback, but finally they processed my refund. For $9. On hold now with these dirtbags to get the rest of the refund. Of course, an very long hold time. I'm fuming.

LifeLock response

Hello, We apologize for the misunderstanding and hold times. Prices are per person plus sales tax if applicable. We have been experiencing drastically increased call volume and website traffic due to the recent credit bureau breach. Our goal is to ensure that calls are addressed quickly every time, but some calls take longer than others do. It is our commitment to take the time that our members need to take care of all of their needs and concerns.

Jamie
Member Affairs

LifeLock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I planned on signing up but based on reviews (terrible) thought I would call to "cancel" first. Reviews were right. After prolonged wait a fellow hung up when I tried to cancel my bogus account because he said my "service was bad". Then for sport I called to open account. But no one was available in that department... think I'll look elsewhere. Seems shady at best...

Hello Earl,

I'm sorry that you did not experience the level of customer service that is expected by our staff. I attempted to call you at the phone number you left in your review but was unable to reach you. I'm sending you a private note with my direct contact information. Please give me a call so we can discuss further.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I'm a firm believer of LifeLock. I like what they do and I have given a lot of people their name. I've been in the insurance industry all of my life and a lot of people are having trouble with identity theft. I'm a person who likes to keep all bases covered and I believe in preventing so I bought a service that can provide that. I contacted LifeLock regarding billing and they got me to the right person. They're always very nice and prompt to reply. LifeLock is a great organization.

I just started working with LifeLock on a problem and they've been very cooperative, helpful and professional. I've been dealing with two exceptional people. I sent additional information through UPS and sent the rep an email telling her it’s on its way. Another person from claims wanted to know if I had any bills or expenses pertaining to the claim. I did so I faxed the information to her. They both replied to me and I like getting those replies because I feel there's someone alive on the other end.

I've told my sister and her husband about LifeLock. I made a believer out of them and they also subscribed to LifeLock. I kept my sister and her husband in the loop with everything that I do because they're the administrator of my estate. I send copies to them through email so they can pick up where when I leave and with LifeLock, I feel secure with my transactions. I like to be kept informed because sometimes it takes time for these things to be processed.

LifeLock has given me a new lease on life. I have been working on this project since February of '16. I've been trying to settle with an attorney. But I can't get an attorney that's as enthused about it as I am. There's not that much money involved by some of these attorneys’ standards. All of a sudden, I said, "Well, why don't I report this to LifeLock?" And so, I did. They did more work for me than two attorneys have done. I kept a folder with all the legal fees that I paid. And the young lady that called and wanted to know about my expenses said this was not final. She just wanted it up to date and made me feel like she was going to pay it. The other young lady I'm working with made me feel that she knows what she's doing and that something is going to be done. I know I'm not the only one LifeLock has on their desk but they make me feel important and the only person they’re taking care of.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We subscribed to CreditCheck Total for a couple of years and went through a situation where we sold and bought a house. I had a freeze on my account, and yet they had to take the freeze off. During the 60 days, we were in the process of moving and somebody stole my identity again. I was sending one kid off to Texas A&M and it was a crisis moment. CreditCheck Total was horrible and did not take care of me, so I cancelled them. My husband called LifeLock for me and asked what they can do for us. They do not normally cover clients if it is prior to the situation, but they asked to let them sign us up and they will see what they can do. They got their recovery people and they handled the situation for me.

I had stupid questions and LifeLock was the most professional, caring company I've ever dealt with. It was wonderful. When I needed them, they sent me alerts like something changed on my credit and my address was changed back. I've had to take care of just little things going through the whole process and they monitor everything. I got phone calls from the gal asking me if I was okay and if they handled it properly after the fact. They made sure everything was wiped off my credit. I have told so many people to sign up for LifeLock since then. They do everything they say they're going to do and they took all the stress off of me. I absolutely love them and we will never be without them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had a business and we thought we needed LifeLock for that. We've been with them for 15 years. My identity was stolen three times and it's a hassle. We figured any little thing that could help not go through that again would be appreciated. Lifelock gives me a notification by email and by telephone when they see something unusual come up. Someone tried to hack my Verizon account two times. I got big bills from Verizon. The calls were placed on the East Coast and I live in California. They saw that happening, called me and then declined payment on the bills. They took care of all of that so it's a good service.

Before LifeLock, I have to file a police report and that's a pain. Also, I have to go through the credit companies and I got to jump through a bunch of hoops to make sure I am who I say I am. It takes days and days and repeated phone calls. LifeLock seems to take a lot of the sting out of it when it happens. They're always helpful and easily reached. They give me one person to deal with so I'm not dealing with a whole bunch of people who don't know the story. It's an easy way to go. Someone attempted to hack me two more times and LifeLock notified me right away. I'm very happy with it and I've recommended them to several of my friends. They're a good company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The company that I’m working with had thrown out some old computers and they didn't wipe the disk. They notified me that my information like my social security number might have been on there and they offered a free service. I took that for a while and I didn’t feel safe with that, so I added LifeLock as an agent and they are very professional and courteous. They notified me of a fraudulent account that was opened in my name or social security number and it came up on my credit account as delinquent and it went to collections. I was very satisfied with the effort in how they were able to communicate with the parties that went wrong and I feel that it's resolved in a lot of ways reaching closure. I have already recommended their service to colleagues.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was hearing a lot about identity theft and I felt that I should be protected. At the time, LifeLock was a good deal so I signed up with them. So far, they picked up two different cases of identity theft and they’ve done the service that they advertised to do.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I'm widowed and my husband took care mostly of the computers and our finances. So to me, it was all new when I took it over and I felt I should have some security. I got LifeLock and they helped me when somebody obtained my social security number and tried to open up credit cards in the summer of this year. It happened not only to one credit company but it went from one to another. LifeLock got a hold of it right away and they stopped it so I didn’t have any damage and I had no loss. Their customer service was very helpful and took care of me very well. I had a very good experience with LifeLock and I would recommend them if somebody asks me.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I had the Experian alert but it wasn’t stopping anything and I was dealing with everything myself. Then I had Lifelock and they’ve been excellent, especially Valerie. She works with me with my issues and she’s totally awesome. She got on the phone and put me in a three-way call just yesterday. This thing we're dealing with right now was supposed to have been settled two years ago but it's popped up for about the fourth time to bite me. Valerie has been very helpful with it. I'm very thankful I have LifeLock and I really like it. I won't be without it anymore. As long as I'm alive, I'm going to have it.

LifeLock Company Information