Call toll free
800-915-4952
4.06/5
Based on 751 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

2036 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

LifeLock's program fixed my credit and I like the way they handle things. They helped me get information on what to do with the credit bureaus as far as stopping because of my identity. Their team is wonderful, polite, and patient. I'm getting ready to come out of the program, but I like LifeLock and I wanna see how much a month it is and to add more stuff onto it. Overall, LifeLock helped out a lot.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

The Lifelock agent was very professional and helpful in rectifying the problem of my bank account not updating expenditures with Lifelock. The process of rectifying this problem was an easy fix of updating my bank account with Lifelock and waiting for the process to complete. Everything was accomplished within a 24 hour period as indicated by the Lifelock agent.

Dear Dale,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided you with excellent service. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Executive Escalations

Original review: July 13, 2018

In 2010, my daughter got arrested for fraud that she didn't do. After two jail services and the lawyer spending all that money, we had a hard time and she's been out before we got her free. Then she said, "Mom, maybe we need to go with LifeLock?" We got LifeLock and it has helped me tremendously. Their team has been awesome and has real concern. I've also been dealing with identity theft lately and I wouldn't have known it if LifeLock hadn't picked it up. There were about 12 accounts taken out on me from different banks online at night, and they knew it didn't look right. They called me, said that there was stuff going on, and asked me if I took out those accounts. They've been with me 100% and they walked me through taking care of it. I had to go to banks and show my identity, and they talked with the bank. I recommend LifeLock to anybody. I'm a pastor and I'm in over 10 churches and I've been telling everybody to get LifeLock.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: July 11, 2018

I'm a very satisfied customer with LifeLock's service. Signing up with them was more of a precaution. Recently, they were able to help me tremendously when either somebody used my name or there was a mistake with my social security number and it showed up on an application at a business that I've never been to. The LifeLock representative did a great job in getting that squared away for us. She knew what she was doing, what kind of questions to ask and who to talk to, and she got it resolved. She was very efficient, professional, and helpful too. I have recommended LifeLock to a number of people and will continue to do so.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I paid $25 a month for myself and $25 a month for my husband for the ultimate package to get our credit score and credit report anytime. I began complaining 6 months ago without results. Didn’t get credited back any money. Just constant excuses each time I called. What a rip off. I’ll never trust LifeLock again. What a joke.

LifeLock response

LifeLock attempted to contact this member on 07/10/2018, 07/12/2018, and 07/17/2018 via telephone and email. We would be happy to address the member’s concerns should they return our calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've been hearing about LifeLock for years primarily on talk radio. I had plans with Equifax and Experian at one point just doing monitoring, but what I never found from them was any level of attention to detail. When AT&T had locked my account because they said there might have been some malware on my phone, I thought that was weird and I should do something that would give me a little bit more protection.

After I joined Lifelock, they caught one scenario where somebody had set up a cell phone account in my name. They were able to take care of something that I would have never had the time to do and the service was exceptional. The way they notified me and alerted me was prompt and convenient as I got messages through email and the app. It was quick. The resolution was also faster than I have expected. LifeLock's team was exceptional across the board too. Everybody I have worked with was professional, articulate, prompt, and courteous.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had LifeLock for a month in April 2018, I got rid of LifeLock because of a few reps who were incompetent and told me false stuff. In May I got an email begging me to come back and offered another free month and a $25 gift card. After setting up again, they couldn't get my credit score the second time. I escalated a ticket and got lied to and run around. Days later I got another ticket to supposedly fix it. Still cant fix it. I wasted over 17 hours on the phone with them, keep in mind I have all their calls recorded because they lie way to much. They basically bait and switched me to come back and wasted my first month while nothing worked. '

One rep gave me a second month because of the issue. No reps return calls, they all promise you one thing and when you call to follow up the reps act like it never existed. The reps have accused me of lying and not getting a free promo and had to show the idiots the email to prove they're wrong. They are rude and each call is roughly an hour of my time to get nowhere.

I have a promo that ends: 07/24/2018. Upon cancellation they now trying to renege and cancel me on 06/23/0218 which is fraud, a scam and breach of contract. Again I have calls recorded, screenshots of emails. When I canceled the rep was rude and laughing at me saying, "You must be broke if you cant afford to pay another month." Wrong. I can pay but you frauded me in my trial. I'm in the process of contacting the media, FTC, And attorney general because they have such abusive sales tactics and lies and that $100,000,000 fine didnt teach them a lesson.

*Update* They offered 2 years free LifeLock settlement in exchange to remove all my complaints and avoid legal action. Once I pulled my complaints, within a week they changed my plan to a lower plan even though I have emails, mail, recorded phone calls and evidence proving every single piece of this complaint.

I have phone logs showing 17 hours wasted. When I called they put me on hold for 38 minutes then hung up.

Original review: July 4, 2018

When I got a notice from Equifax that I was part of the millions of people whose data was compromised, I looked into different identity theft protection providers. LifeLock had name recognition with me from advertisements and when I signed up with them, my information went through and they identified different places where my password and data went. They have been a big help in the last six months, such as when some people hacked my Netflix account and when somebody hacked my Spotify account, so I changed a lot of passwords.

Then a couple of people tried to open credit cards in my name and I got notices from LifeLock right away. I told the credit card companies that it wasn't me who did that and that they shouldn't uphold those transactions on my credit report. Then LifeLock gave me some suggestions, like putting a 90-day lock on my credit report. It would be nice if they had a family discount for putting other family members on the service too. Right now, I’d only sign my wife up with them if her information was exposed. But so far, I've been extremely happy with the service and their team was fantastic.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I'm very disappointed in the LifeLock service. I'd been a loyal customer for years, but when I finally needed their support, they let me down. All I got was a bunch of excuses about their lack of comprehensive coverage for credit card fraud. What are you paying for then? When I initially called to report a problem in early June, the person I talked to could barely speak English, but I did get the same excuses from her. I didn't even get the courtesy of a phone call when I gave notice of my cancellation.

LifeLock contacted member on 07/06/2018 date and addressed their concerns

Original review: July 3, 2018

I signed up with LifeLock which my husband also has an account with as someone started opening cards using my name with the Equifax breach. Now, every time something goes wrong, I get either a text message, an email or phone call and everything has been wonderful.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been a LifeLock customer for several yrs. & am very satisfied with the way they keep me updated give my credit score. They are very helpful and knowledgeable in answering questions & making sure they’re answered to the customer’s satisfaction. They’re the best!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I had a terrible robbery about six years ago and the bank said I should really have LifeLock so I got it. I’m satisfied with LifeLock. They’ve been very professional and I have absolutely no complaints.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: June 30, 2018

Automated call stated credit breach and to call back. Called back and Associate was clueless about breach. Client portal unavailable and access to account denied. Associate stated we the customer had a problem. Told we had to speak to supervisor. 40 minutes on hold and then hung up on by Lifelock without speaking a word waiting for supervisor. Called back and denied access to Associate and Supervisor. Had to use another company concerning breach. We wasted almost $720 with Lifelock. Do not recommend this company.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 29, 2018

I subscribed for the LifeLock advantage (middle plan). I thought I would at least be notified if credit was taken out in my name. I opened a 5 year no-interest account and in addition took out a home equity loan... Nothing from this company. Not a word. So if this wasn't me - after that they would spend their resources to find who did it? I say that's too little too late. To add insult to injury - I get a prorated refund? This company messed up and should have refunded my entire fee.

Their only response was that they don't notify a customer on all credit alerts. I had a cheap no name company for years who alerted me the minute a credit application was signed. The only reason I left was because it was hard to get a human on the line. Lifelock Customer service is like trained robots. They read you what they don't do. Not so sure how good they would be if something happened! Don't believe all their hype. There are companies out there for less money that are better. I should have burned my $200+ dollars rather than pay them!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Twice now in several months, someone has opened a Lifelock Account in my name. I know because the notifications are sent to my email address. Not only did I NOT open an account, but no one opened an account with my authorization or on my behalf. Moreover, I have a fraud alert that I have placed on all 3 credit reports to make sure that no one links to my credit without calling me first. My Yahoo account was one of the accounts that was hacked, and my information was stolen. And yet Lifelock, a purported "Identity Theft Protection" service, keeps helping an identity thief by opening accounts in my name!!! Presumably, the identity thief is trying to get established with a basic account so they can switch to the preferred account and gain access to my credit report for updated information... the same report that I have locked under Fraud Alerts with Experian, Transunion, and Equifax!

Needless to say, I am FURIOUS. Once was bad enough. But twice??? And I have yet to receive confirmation that Lifelock has closed this second account and contacted the bank that issued the credit card used to notify them that a stolen identity was used to open that account. I am ready to run this story with the press... and to start a lawsuit. If more people than just myself have gone through this, I will file a Class Action Lawsuit. On top of all that, I had to call Lifelock on 2 occasions on this matter -- having been cut off once and then made to wait on hold for 20 minutes to talk to a supervisor. This is absurd.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My identity was stolen and one of the neighbors said, “Why don’t you try LifeLock?” And I had never heard of them so, I looked it up and I’ve had LifeLock and they've caught several people since. My bank has IDnotify but I kept LifeLock because I’ve had such a good experience with them. If it wasn’t for them notifying me by email or text, I would have no idea my identity was stolen. And their team is wonderful. I thanked somebody several times for dealing with a slow old woman. I wouldn’t get rid of them ever.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My husband had LifeLock from work and he told me about it. He said that it was a good idea and I signed up with them. Just recently, I had identity theft. The process was long but I had a wonderful interaction with LifeLock's team and they were all very nice and attentive and helpful. I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes at a time while they call each bank and store. I was glad I signed up with LifeLock and I'd be screwed up if it wasn’t for them. It was a great experience and I will recommend them.

Dear Karin,

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had fraudulent activity and LifeLock helped me clear it up. It’s a comfort knowing that it tags everytime somebody goes into my information. There have been a couple of times when I’ve said, “No, not me” and stopped the actions. Overall, I’m very pleased with LifeLock.

Dear Edward,

Original review: June 25, 2018

When I was having creditors and identity theft fraud issues I used LifeLock and it has been a good service. It has been successful.

Dear James,

Original review: June 25, 2018

I've been scammed and I've been compromised with the FBI, the Veterans' Records Section and with the OPM. I already receive free coverage from the government as I have 10 years of monitoring that comes free. But I still like the way LifeLock does it. Also, when I looked at other forms, their prices were at least at a par, if not more reasonable. Plus, LifeLock offered at the time a million dollars' worth of protection which was one of the aspects of their program.

When I had an incursion about six months ago, they caught it right away and called me. There were three attempts to open a bank credit card account in our names. Twice in mine and one in my wife's. We discussed the problem, then LifeLock made contact with the bank where the attempted incursions happened and we had a three-way conversation. It takes a three-way conversation to squash the incursion. We went through that three times with the three different attempts. LifeLock performed where they said they will and they were able to straighten it out. They were competent and they did their work well. They're the only ones that I really ascribe for continuous coverage.

Dear Edwin,

Original review: June 25, 2018

LifeLock does a very good job. It was the only one I knew about and it was for my mom ‘cause she’s older and some people were messing with our credit. I like LifeLock's customer service and it was easy to enroll with them. Anytime that we have a problem, they send me an email and they call. And every time I call, I'm not on hold for a long time. We’ve had a couple of incidents with my mom and myself to where our credit was being ransacked. And then, LifeLock called and they stooped it. They’re doing what they’re supposed to do and they need to keep up the good work. I would tell other people to make sure that they keep their credit and their social security safe and use LifeLock.

Dear Cory,

Original review: June 24, 2018

My wife and I retired and moved to NC this March. Within 2 weeks both my credit card information and my wife's complete information was stolen. Both issues were resolved and we have recommended LifeLock to anyone that will listen. We will be lifelong LifeLock'ers.

Dear Thomas,

Original review: June 24, 2018

A year and a half ago, thieves got my social security number off my Medicare card, so I decided to get LifeLock. Now, I’m trying to get rid of this PayPal issue and the LifeLock individuals I've spoken to have tried very hard to be helpful but the issue just keeps going on and on. Traditionally on January 28th or 29th, I get a notice that asks if it was me applying for credit and I tell them no and thought that that was it. But even if on January 30th I try to contact Paypal and say that it was fraud, I would still have to go the same process. Paypal has closed the account, but every two days I get a notice saying that they couldn’t process my order. So, every Friday afternoon since January I've sat down and written emails and made phone calls. I get these notices 36 hours after something happens and that's too late. Still, I'm gonna stick with LifeLock because of the quality of the people they have on staff.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had LifeLock for several years now but with my first identity theft issue, it didn’t help me much at all. I reported to LifeLock that I’ve had numerous IRS filings but I’m not so sure they'd be able to do in notifying me about it. About two years ago, I had somebody very nice file a tax refund for me from the state of DC, from Maryland, from Indiana, from Iowa, from Michigan and from Wisconsin.

All $1,500 usually just go through and they send you a check although everybody wanted more information except Indiana who sent me a one. So my lucky factor was, whoever has my identity wasn’t able to change the address of my IRS so everything came to me. That’s how I knew I was having problems with that identity theft. I notified LifeLock and they said okay and that they could show me where to get the papers. I told them I already filed that and they said that’s taking care of it. I thought it's not a big help but fine. And then, just before I started having these things that LifeLock started calling me about, I had somebody again file an employment request with the state of Maryland. I tried to get ahold of LifeLock but every time I did, it said, “Press this for this, press this for a person, all the lines are covered, call back later.”

I didn’t have anything other than go down through an unemployment office and not gonna travel over to Baltimore, Maryland to file a false claim. I also got a request from the state of Iowa and had about the same luck on getting hold of them other than when I was on the internet, making sure that the number that I had on the form was the right one because I never called. Somebody sends me a form and says call this number to make sure that this gets filed right. Also, instead of dealing with these fraud alerts, freezing the credit’s gonna be a better deal for me. Nevertheless, I’d recommend LifeLock to others. They have been the most proactive among all the ones I looked at.

Original review: June 23, 2018

ACCESS to LIFELOCK is frustrating and unsuccessful. Long waits on phone without success. E-mail informing you of my inability to connect is unanswered. LIFELOCK is NOT customer friendly. And we had a problem in June, 2017 and you were not aware of it. We had to inform you!! How are we protected???

Original review: June 23, 2018

My daughter’s got LifeLock and I’ve also seen it on TV. Then we got something in the mail or I got an email about a discounted price. I had heard good things about LifeLock and since we'e in this crazy world, we got their identity theft protection service. Someone accidentally keyed in a number wrong and used my husband's social security, and they alerted us immediately. We were at a racetrack on a Saturday afternoon and they called. They sent me the address to what I needed to do and I did what they told me to do, and nothing showed back up. Everything came out A-OK. They have great people to work with. They were Johnny-on-the-spot, very helpful and on top of it. You should get LifeLock. We haven’t had it long but we’ve had a great experience with them.

Dear Rita,

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience with LifeLock is bittersweet. A long time ago Rush Limbaugh was talking about it on his show so I looked it up. And then I had it and then I dropped it ‘cause of money. And then I decided to get it again because I’m an IT and I’ve realized that you're just gonna have to force yourself to pay for something. The selling point for me was if someone is opening an account you’ll get a notification right away and I didn’t find anybody else that did it. I like also the fact that they’d have people to help you get that identity theft if it did go through. They would help you resolve it and get it taken care of.

The cool thing was I didn’t know my identity was stolen until it was on the app. And if I was gonna try it out myself, I would do it once a year or whatever with a free credit report and then by the end of it, it would’ve been too late. You have to see that response and I could say ‘No’ but it still got through. It was normally you would get shut down but it didn’t and it still went through, and I didn’t realize it until about a month later. I told LifeLock it wasn’t me and we got it resolved. The restoration team is really good. However, I was told that they were gonna fix everything and then all my expenses will gonna be reimbursed and that’s not entirely true.

It’s worth it but don’t get your hopes up over the one million dollar guarantee. That is kinda shady because it’s not entirely accurate. That’s not really why you’re doing it anyway. It’s just that normally, in our culture we always look at all the money side of it. If it happens, it happens. But the most important thing is that you have a team. The restoration team that was there, they know what they’re doing and send you a packet, you just give them the information, they’ll get it knocked out and you’re not going to worry about it. The only stress we have is running around trying to get all these documents that you have to do. But then you upload everything to the portal and you’re good to go.

Dear Anthony,

Original review: June 23, 2018

I wanted to make sure that my bank accounts and credit cards are all protected and an identity theft protection service seemed like a good idea. I had a long-standing problem with someone who had stolen my identity and had accessed funds in my name, had all my information, my social security number, where I work, telephone number, address and date of birth. It was affecting my credit so I called LifeLock and they told me what the process was and what steps I could take. I did those and the problem got resolved. Thereafter, I got a letter from the company that was chasing me which said that there were no more problems and it was taken off my credit report. Everybody that I've talked to at LifeLock was very knowledgeable, helpful, thorough and professional. LifeLock is affordable and when I needed it, it was effective. I've already recommended this company to a bunch of people.

Dear Rexford,

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had gone through two credit card fraud situations. US Bank was very good at dealing with them but it was getting to a point where I just thought we needed something more so I went ahead and took out LifeLock. It was the best that I've heard about from other people. They thought that LifeLock was good and I didn’t have any better alternative so I went with them. LifeLock's notification trigger, the alerts, helped us. We've had not many but probably four or five alerts and some of them were just mortgage companies requesting a credit check which is no big deal but we have had two situations where we had someone trying to apply for a credit card under my name. My interactions with their team were all excellent. I recommend LifeLock all the time.

Dear James,

Original review: June 22, 2018

I've had a couple of times when somebody tried to open up accounts, and LifeLock caught it and took care of it. Their team has all been good when I contact them.

Dear Larry,

LifeLock expert review by Rob Douglas

LifeLock is an identity theft protection company that is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. Founded in 2005, the company is considered one of the leading identity theft protection companies in the world. In 2017, LifeLock was acquired by Symantec Corp., a world leader in cyber security.

• Standard Plan: LifeLock’s Standard plan includes all SSN and credit alerts. It also includes lost wallet protection, address change verification, website surveillance, LifeLock Privacy Monitor and $25,000 in stolen funds reimbursement. The Standard plan costs $9.99 per month.

• Advantage plan: The Advantage plan includes everything in the standard plan but increases reimbursement funds to $100,000. The Advantage plan also adds data breach notifications, bank and credit card activity alerts, an annual credit card report and a VantageScore credit report from one bureau. The Advantage plan costs $19.99 per month.

• Ultimate Plus plan: LifeLock’s Ultimate Plus plan includes the features of the Advantage plan but adds an annual credit report from three bureaus, monthly VantageScore tracking, 401(k) and investment alerts, credit inquiry alerts, sex offender registry alerts and priority live member support. The Ultimate Plus plan costs $29.99 per month.

• $1 Million service guarantee: LifeLock ensures that the company will spend up to $1 million to help get a customer's identity back on track after a case of theft. Check LifeLock's website for its legal policy regarding its terms, conditions and exclusions.

• App service: Users can track their identity protection service with LifeLock’s cell phone application.

• Best for: people at risk of identity theft, families and people who frequently use credit cards.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

LifeLock Company Information