toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Suspicious phone call regarding a non-existent bank account. The woman wanted me to confirm my social and became irate when I refused and threatened me with a lawsuit. LifeLock explained what they could or could not do and gave me some helpful suggestions. I feel very comfortable that LifeLock has my back when my financial security is at stake. Thank you, LifeLock!

When I called to report that I had lost my purse the man I spoke to was very understanding and helpful. Fortunately I found my purse before I had wasted too much of his time. Needless to say I was relieved and happy.

LifeLock has been a great asset to me, they have caught fraud attempts on my credit through the years and it is even more important today to have their service. I feel it is worth whatever the cost to keep your credit protected. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you LIFELOCK.

I have taken pains to have security protection for my normal internet activities, my normal email activities, my normal phone activities, my normal online purchasing and banking activities, and much more and I simply was a member of LifeLock as an added "insurance" that, should my efforts ever be compromised by any means, LifeLock would be there to stop the intended compromise and be my backup for security should I need one. I have no problems with my membership with LIfeLock, rather it was a medical problem with me which forced me to leave my job and lose that portion of my income through nobody's fault whatsoever. They did for me what I paid them to do for me, watch my security and take any appropriate means to minimize any breaches of security already in place. They did their job well with no glitches.

It loads too slowly or not at all. When seeking to review alerts, I often have to give up because it loads so slowly. That's all. The first sentence accurately describes my unsatisfactory experience. I have complained about this before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

LifeLock

Hello, we have been trying reach out to you about your concerns but have not been able to make contact. We are sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time. Please contact our member services (800) 543-3562 at your earliest convenience so we can further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jamie Huckaby

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have had much better luck with another identity protection company that I currently have as well. For the past two month, I have been trying to activate privacy monitor on Life Lock's website and it fails every time with Server down message and to call Life Lock. When I call, I am told to wait and try again and this is after 5-10 minutes of answering questions. However, on my daughter's account, after many tries, we got lucky to activate it... but, the search on Life Lock returns nothing. The same search on my other identity protection website and Google returns many issues. I reported this to Life Lock and due to them, Life Lock is only associated with certain companies and the reason we see no result is because those certain companies have no privacy record of my daughter. This sounds stupid. It's almost as if my bank tells me that I am insured against theft, but only if the thief is of a certain ethnic background.

LifeLock

Hello, We have been trying to reach you by phone to assist you with your account. Please contact Member Services at 1-800-543-3562 at your earliest convenience. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and look forward to assisting you.
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

After 48 minutes, this issue is still not resolved. After 4 months of membership, I decided to downgrade to their standard coverage - a difference of over $400/year. After calling their customer service number, their computer system under-calculated the refund due me by about $150. The agent couldn't even tell me when and how I would hear the result of the billing research request I authorized. It took a supervisor to make an approximation of the correct refund and time frame for resolution of the problem. The CS Agent did her job; it's not her fault. It is, in my opinion, a lousy system. Tried to speak to corporate head of CS about the length of time already invested. Gave up after another 12 minutes on hold. Operator said she "didn't know who to call." Is this what good customer service looks like?

I particularly like the way they address each detail as a separate point of importance. There are no part of my personal issues to small or inadmissible to get the attention of LifeLock. Thanks to LifeLock I am able to stay on top and get ahead of the game. Thanks again LifeLock for your concern.

I contacted LifeLock immediately because I had not charged anything on my AMEX. I thought it was identity theft and unauthorized charge. They told me to contact AMEX immediately. I did and found out it was not a charge. The amount listed was an interest/ finance charge.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad we were able to assist you logging into your account. If you have anymore concerns please feel free to contact us at 1-800-543-3562. Thank you
Senior Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I would really appreciate a way to sign in to my account. The party on your end sent me a temporary login name (numbers) which I put in as a password accidentally. Now I have no way of entering my e mail as identifier or a password. Is there anything you can do or do I need to call 1-800- Lifelock to see if personnel can help me by phone?

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I am sorry you had difficulty inputting the promo code. As discussed I have taken care of adjusting your discount and a shredder has been requested. We value you as a member of Lifelock.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Trying to get the 15% Discount "Promo Code GET15." There was no place on sign up sheet to enter this? At least I didn't see a spot... This is what I needed to happen... Why I signed up for 3 mo. trial. Also please send me the shredder for paper waste. Thanks.

I appreciate the alerts received even though they were legitimate, someone checking with a bank to be sure my statements were correct. I also received alerts on interference online of dark, they said, and have not yet fully taken care of that. I have had trouble reaching LifeLock because of a discrepancy with my password.

I felt much more comfortable using online services knowing that LifeLock was watching out for any possible identity theft situations. I use the internet often and enjoy that feeling of safety I get having their service.

I've been a customer of LifeLock for over 2 years now. My husband lost his wallet and LifeLock was on the phone with us and contacted all his creditors immediately. I was shopping on a site and bought something from a site that was not up to par and LifeLock contacted me and suggested I get a new card. Someone also charged something on my card and LifeLock notified me immediately and I was able to get the charge reverse and get another card. LifeLock keeps a close eye on your credit and notifies you of any suspicious activity. They have a 1 million dollar policy in place just in case you need it from any identity theft. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and if you want protection from identity theft, LifeLock is a must for you.

LifeLock

Hello, I am glad I was able to speak with you and address all of your concerns. We value you as a LifeLock member and appreciate your feedback.
Sr. Members Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Often - let me say, multiple times, in my Alerts from LifeLock, the vendor names are incorrect and/or the type of business shown is incorrect. The first time which was very disconcerting, I contacted LifeLock customer service via telephone. They could not give me an answer. We had eaten at a restaurant named, "Francesca Fiore" in Forest Park IL. What showed on the alerts was a retail establishment I was not familiar with: Francesca's, which turned out to be a women's retail clothing store at which I have never shopped.

Another time which was upsetting was the alert we received on Dec. 2, 2016. We had dined at a restaurant on Dec. 1st, named McCormick & Schmick's in Rosemont, IL. This is a restaurant chain. What showed up on our LifeLock Alert was that a purchase had been made at Marks & Spencer--a clothing and food retailer in England. No - we had not been in England at that time and yes, the dollar amount of the transaction was the same as our restaurant bill.

Received two e-mail from Amazon stating that I bought two different computers for a total of $1200. Somebody, must have got my credit card #? Both emails had my name correct but both had two different addresses of which I never recognize. Credit card was closed and I was issued a new card.

Apparently credit cards were applied for and approved by Citibank. These were never applied for by myself or husband. LifeLock notified us. Still don't know how this could happen since our credit is frozen. Is out possible Citibank is committing the fraud as did Wells Fargo.

Fraud of identity. I think the LifeLock go a lot of protection for me. I have a peace of mind with lifelock. I will recommend lifelock to my friend and my family member. Every time I get worry about somebody might fraud my identity I go to lifelock login and lifelock tell me everything making me feel better.

I want you to train the younger people who work there to understand how difficult working on a computer is for some elderly customers and if they have to take "a little breath" before helping them, it will work out much better for them and the older customer. The younger people may need a bit more patience, and a bit of understanding when they answer their telephone.

LifeLock

Hello, sorry to hear you were having difficulty downgrading your account. We have reach out to you but unable to contact you. Please take a moment and contact our member services at 1-800-543-3562 and we will be happy to assist. Again we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Sr. Member Affairs Specialist

LifeLock, Inc

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I should not have to go through hoops to change my plan. I have already been screwed out of $10, and LifeLock has it in mind to not change my plan until I cancel it completely. I hate you. I ** hate you. ** every ** one of you!!

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Our members may cancel at any time. In order to maintain the security of our members account, to assist we would need a general Power of Attorney on file. However, once a member passes away, we require a copy of the Certificate of Death in order to cancel their account. Once the certificate of death is received, LifeLock will issue a prorated refund back to the date of passing. I apologize for any issues you had in cancelling your mothers account. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback.

Sally Mauro

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

After my mother fell ill, she asked me to cancel her account as she found the service useless -- which LifeLock refused to do. For four months after my mother died -- Lifelock continued to refuse to cancel her account and continued to charge her credit card. Even after several notices and agreeing to send paperwork to get it canceled and saying they would not continue to charge her, they continued to charge her credit card. After the credit card was canceled they continued to charge her credit card. When the credit card was canceled they sent threatening letters. DO NOT SIGN up for this service as it is impossible to cancel.

Service sucks. I would not recommend it to anyone. I will be canceling both my accounts as soon as they expire. Customer service was supposed to monitor my account and call me back. No one ever called back and my banking accounts since July or still not connected to my account. Service sucks.

I hardly know you. The other company was so expensive. You have made me happy. Perhaps we can work things out. Credit means a lot. You fix loopholes on identity that no one else thought of. Perhaps I will gain wealth with the practice of gaining health. It's important to have the right balance of movement.

Hello,
I am sorry to hear of your experience. Lifelock takes pride in our customer service and does not tolerate rude behavior towards our members. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the agent that misrepresented our company. Your feedback has been forwarded to the agent's manager and I assure you the issue will be addressed.

Again, I apologize for your negative experience.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Very rude. Customer service rep spoke to me as though I was an elderly dementia client. When I tried to explain why I was calling, as a result of a request from LifeLock, she interrupted me. I again tried to explain she again interrupted. It was not the experience I had thought to have w/ a service that costs as much as LifeLock.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your ability to add a family member to your AOL for Lifelock protection. I am glad the issue with AOL is resolved and I can confirm your family member does have a Lifelock account now.

Lifelock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I received an email from AOL/LifeLock indicating that my complimentary LifeLock subscriptions has been activated for Charles ** but when I called LifeLock, he had not been added. AOL stated once I submitted the request online, they can't do anything else to help me with LifeLock adding the complimentary person because it goes directly to LifeLock for security purposes. AOL has Charles active since October 25, 2016 and mine active since November 11, 2011.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today your feedback is very important to us. The LifeLock Alert Network includes a variety of product features and data sources. Although it is very extensive, our network does not cover all transactions at all businesses. So you might not receive a LifeLock alert in every single case.” If a LifeLock member becomes a victim of identity theft, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details , terms and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.

Jamie Huckaby

LifeLock Inc.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Lifelock failed to monitor a mortgage loan and credit checks. I had to request a supervisor in order to obtain a refund from Lifelock. We were in the process of buying a home and we were never notified by Lifelock that applications for a home mortgage were being requested at a well-known financial institution.

Got informed about a potential credit card fraud as soon as I have answered no to opening questionable account 3 days later I was being placed on a conference call to resolve issue with merchant. Done. Gave me peace of mind. A five-star experience!

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our service and have since cancelled your membership.
LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Although we have a large number of companies in our network of surveillance, not all merchants participate and on occasion an application may be submitted that does not fall within our network.
LifeLock is constantly working to expand the reach of our network and improve coverage to our members. Keep in mind that LifeLock members are also backed by our $1 Million Service Guarantee. If you become a victim of identity theft while a LifeLock Member, we will spend up to one million dollars to hire experts to help your recovery. The benefits of the service guarantee are provided under a master insurance policy underwritten by United Specialty Insurance Company. For full details, terms, and restrictions on the policy, see LifeLock.com/legal.
Additionally, LifeLock offers different levels of service.  Although the level of service you were enrolled in does not provide alerts for credit inquiries, the LifeLock Ultimate Plus service does include this feature.

I apologize for any misunderstanding about our services.

Sally Mauro

Member Affairs Specialist

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I was a LifeLock member since about 2005. I lead off by stating the only reason customer support is rated as a "4" is because LifeLock never contacted me with advertising and cancel my membership quickly. That said, the overall service is not as advertised. In the beginning, service that was advertised was what I received. Once LifeLock started tiering their services is when it went downhill. Spending several hundred dollars a year, one would expect a simple mortgage application would trigger one of the so called alerts you see on television, but that did not happen.

Since 2005, I've moved 4 times and bought 2 houses. Neither mortgage application -- and subsequent credit checks to establish new services in a new city -- triggered any LifeLock notifications, calls, or anything of the sort. LifeLock was more than happy to cancel my membership of over 10 years without even questioning why. I have since signed up with a different service and within a week of new service, I was notified of activity associated with my SSN. LifeLock isn't worth the money.

I've been less than satisfied with LifeLock since I joined. I added my wife as a member and, she had no "profile" like I did on the site. Even though she was connected to my account, I couldn't add her credit cards and she wasn't afforded the same benefits I was - even though she was paying exactly the same amount. Then, when I tried to cancel her off my account (after 5 years of, basically, what I felt was wasted money), I had to email the company to do so. I searched the site *everywhere* to find a "remove additional subscriber" button - to no avail. LL should make it easy to remove someone from your account on the "Manage Account" screen. Making it difficult doesn't dissuade subscribers from removing people or unsubscribing. It simply makes existing users angry at the company and feel that *all* you want is our money by making it difficult to "get out" when someone's made the decision to do so.

I realize LL is out for a profit - companies can't survive without a substantial bottom line - but making it difficult to "unsubscribe" to your service is a terrible way to retain business. LL should aspire to retain subscribers by providing better value for the dollar - rather than making EVERYTHING an "upgrade". Maybe if they reduced their advertising budget and increased value for existing customers, they might see an increase in business through organic growth. Retention is key - but forced retention builds animosity and resentment toward the company and basically assures those who unsubscribe will most likely never return.

The bottom line is this: LL should make ACTUAL account management achievable within the "Manage Account" screen. And, they should provide more value to their existing subscribers. Get rid of all the "upgrades". $200.00 a year is a substantial bill - and, sadly, at that fee level, I feel as if I'm getting precious little for my money.

LifeLock saved us when we had a hacker, hack into my husband's account. We got our money replaced back into our account. I always get alerts when something is not right. They are always on top of things and ready to fight for you! God bless you LifeLock!

LifeLock Company Profile