toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LifeLock

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear our specialists provided the service you expected. We value you as a member.

Member Affairs

LifeLock ( a Symantec Company)

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

LifeLock advertises a lot and I did a bit of research. It was available and so I went with it. The reps have been very obliging, patient and nice. They answered my questions and helped me out when I had some issues. It's very personal when you have issues and it looks like they picked the right personnel to be employed there. I have peace of mind and know that things are being monitored. I’ve been satisfied with LifeLock. Hopefully, I’m not going to need anything drastic from them and everything will be fine. I feel a bit more comfortable in the fact that I have them in my corner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I accidentally clicked on the incorrect response as to whether a large amount was mine. I needed to remove the incorrect response and I was unable to do it myself. Jennifer ** was very pleasant and she was able to correct my error. She also apologized for the long time wait.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeLock has given a lot of good advice and they've protected me. I was robbed and a lot of my personal information was taken. They've got it on record. This was three years ago and sometimes those things just take a while. I've upgraded and I've done a lot of stuff and I appreciate all their help. Plus, they've given me advice when I've needed it.

Recently I raised an identity theft issue only to be told that this is not covered by LifeLock - then after requesting the verbiage related to this not being covered I was informed too there was nothing the support agent could do and to call the help number. This the 1st report I have filed with LifeLock and will be canceling the service after paying for it for several years as a result of this awful experience.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2017

Earlier this morning I submitted a negative review. Things changed dramatically, when after the third long wait, I spoke to a lady in Athens, Georgia. First, I must apologize to Lifelock for my previous comments. I was irritated by the long waits which I now realize were occasioned by the flood of new subscribers entering their system and flooding it. Anyway, the lady in Georgia walked me through the registration process in a professional and friendly manner and VOILA - I have an active account! Several years ago, without the assistance and protections afforded by Lifelock, I had to unscramble a mess of accounts created when my wallet was stolen from my car. Talk about nightmares! Again, the lady in Georgia got me through the keyhole, and my account is active!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Lifelock can't recognize my user ID and password. I went through the entire purchasing regimen this evening – It seemed to "freeze" on payment area. After getting my Visa number and verification the screen went blank. OK, I called the customer service number and when I gave my first and last name, I was told I don't have an account! I then called customer service again - and was told I had a 75 minute wait for a representative. I have a hunch LifeLock will collect my monthly fee through Visa - and not allow me to access the account. Something smells bad, here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did not know until I signed up for your services how many problems I had. I did not know that that much information was breached. I have heard stories of things like this happening. However, there have been a couple of incidents in my past that made me suspicious. I was able to easily correct those problems. However, this time, the problem is so large that, this is going to take some time to work out. Thank you LifeLock, I needed to know all of that. Already posted my story, some of it anyway, on some other media sites. I have already recommend your services to some other people I know as well. Again, Thank you. What would be nice, if I could find out who did it. So I can have them arrested and thrown in jail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Received an email from "Apple I-Tunes" that looked so legitimate. It suggested there had been a $399.99 charge to my account. It was suspicious. I alerted LifeLock and steps were taken to assure me that all would be taken care of. I rest easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This issue of a continual logging out between LifeLock and BECU has been an ongoing issues that you are aware of since February 2017 to date. Your answer still remains the same paraphrased that there have been updated security measures and LifeLock is "working on the issue". BECU has upgraded security measures indeed however they stated time and time ad nauseam that they welcome the added security measures between LifeLock and BECU. They also stated that they have had multiple inquiries from their own customers of having the same issue between LifeLock and BECU. You have had ample time to solve this (7 months) or at least make some headway. I will continue to address this issue till it is resolved. I'm sorry with a reminder of the $1,000,000 coverage statement just does not cut it anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a swarm on the credit reports and I had to get it resolved. LifeLock has been helpful and so far, it's been good.

Insufficient response received

Ugh where do I start?? First of all, it took me seven separate calls / transfers at LifeLock to actually help me to finally open an account. How many staff members do you actually need to get an enrollment correct? I could not open an account on their website because "They could not verify my identity". Hmm, normal, I changed my name, moved to several different locations within the last few years.

Rep #1: I was on hold for about 30 minutes before someone answered. The rep had me spell out every single piece of personal information. Normal. Read me a ton of disclosures. She said she couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate Plus plan and could only sign me up for the Basic plan. But she could transfer me to Member services who would be able to upgrade my plan.

Rep #2: So I got transferred, waited another 30 minutes on hold, and finally connected to someone. Member services told me they could not upgrade me to the Ultimate plan. They said they would delete my basic plan and start the process all over again. Read ALL of the disclosures again even though I said I already heard them and had me repeat ALL my personal information again. After all that, she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan because they couldn't "verify my identity". So we nixed the signup process. She said to call a credit bureau and confirm my information so next time I call LifeLock, I could give them the correct information. Note: All my information has been updated including my name on all government documents. Call #3: Credit bureau (not Equifax) - got to someone right away. The rep confirmed my new name, address, and phone number.

Call #4: Called back LifeLock, waited 40 minutes this time for someone to take my call. Went through the enrollment process AGAIN. Yes all the *beep* disclosures (that could easily be read online, signed by me online, or sent to me after the call) were read to me AGAIN. I had to repeat ALL my information twice to the rep. Great fun. The rep said the same thing, sorry we can't sign you up for the Ultimate plan but we can sign you up for the basic. They went to confirm with their supervisor. "Oh the website is down now due to the large amount of users trying to enroll at the same time" she said. "Can you try again tomorrow morning?"

Call #5: Next morning: Was on hold for 30 minutes again, the rep finally picked up, I said I had 5 minutes before my meeting started, I said I'm going to hang up. She said, "It’s okay I can speed read the disclosures" She proceeded to read the disclosures extremely SLOW and took about 3 mins to do so. I gave her some of my information but had to go for my meeting and didn't have time for their shenanigans this time.

Call #6: On hold for another 40 mins this time. Rep picked up and proceeded to go through the entire enrollment process again. Read ALL the *beep* disclosures (I hate them all now) and had me repeat my personal information twice AGAIN. She said she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan. She talked to the supervisor and said "Maybe we can trick the website and sign up your spouse as the primary and you as the secondary". So we did that. I gave all of the information and she said that now my spouse was the primary and I was the secondary on the account. But I wanted to be the primary, I didnt want my spouse to have to call in whenever I needed them to etc. I handle everything in the household. So she said she could transfer me to member services who could help me change the order of primary vs secondary on our account.

Call #7: Transferred to member services (on hold for another 40 mins). Joe (the first coherent rep I spoke to throughout this whole process) said I didn't have an account setup for me. Just my spouse. OH WOW. NOT A SURPRISE. So the information from the rep on the previous call was ALL WRONG. She didn't sign me up for an account, just my spouse. Seriously?? So I went through the whole enrollment process again with Joe who actually helped me get a separate Basic plan (I am basically annoyed with everything and just settle for this plan already). He said I could cancel my spouse's plan if I didn't want it. BUT they needed my spouse to grant me third party access so I could cancel the account) And I didn't want a plan for my spouse (they didn't even want one after hearing about my issues with LifeLock) so I said I would call back with my spouse on the line later.

Call #8 (Bonus call): I call back with my spouse on the line. Waited 30 minutes on hold, got hung up on, called back again, waited on hold for another 30 mins. I told the rep that my spouse was on the line this time and we needed to cancel the account. The rep needed to confirm a few qualifying questions and then I was given third party access to cancel. The rep said he couldn't find my billing information and needed to talk to the billing admin. Really?? I just gave all MY personal billing information to the rep yesterday to start the account, why did LifeLock not have it? Where did the information go? So I confirmed MY card that I used yesterday to start the account for my spouse. The rep still "couldn't find my information" but could "update the account" for me. WOW REALLY??

He then proceeded to ask me whether the full amount billed could be charged on my card and for me to respond with "Yes" or "No". I said "Well if there are no charges because I started this account yesterday then Yes" He said "I have to read the question again and you can only respond with Yes or No" At this point I am livid, the entire process was terrible. Finally got things taken care of and was happy to hang up, hoping never to talk to LifeLock again. In my opinion, the reps at LifeLock need training and they need to all be on the same page with procedures. Whoever manages this company really needs to learn how to operate an actual company. This type of situation would never fly with any company I see out there nowadays.

LifeLock

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear you were on hold so long. I understand it's frustrating and apologize. The extended hold was due to high call volume, we do occasionally experience volume spikes. Although our goal is to ensure that our calls are addressed quickly every time, it is difficult to predict with perfect accuracy the incoming volume. With the recent credit bureau breach affecting millions of Americans, our phone lines are busy with many concerned individuals looking for guidance. LifeLock takes pride in our customer service. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the agent for not being able to address your concerns. LifeLock has sent out a mailer to our Advantage and Ultimate Plus members about the breach. If you have additional questions, you can contact Member Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-LIFELOCK (543-3562)

LifeLock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

With the recent Equifax breach, I purchased LIFELOCK protection as a security measure. When I called LifeLock this morning, I was on hold for over an hour and when I finally spoke to customer service, she was cold and had NO information at all about the Equifax breach and just wanted me off the phone. She could not and did not want to address my concerns that Equifax is who they gave my report and score from. I don't understand how their customer service can't explain it or know anything about a breach in mid-May, that they're suppose to be protecting me from.

I purchased LifeLock after receiving a call from a shoddy so called computer company that was going to fix my computer. When I would not give him my Credit Card information and told him I was going to contact authorities he put a virus on my computer that no one could remove. I was terrified that he might get into my personal accounts and immediately called LifeLock. I have had total peace of mind since the very minute I spoke with a LifeLock Agent.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad I was able to address your concerns. We value you as a LifeLock member.

LifeLock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Back in the day when Lifelock was new and still had a sense of humility, they were okay. Even with that, you have to live with the "no news is good news" mentality of an organization who takes your money monthly for what seems to be nothing in return. You only hear from them if there is a possible security breach on your accounts/identity. Fair enough. Back then they used to charge about $10 a month for everyone with up to a $1 million "guarantee" regarding fees associated with identity theft repairs.

Nowadays, forget about it. They have become YET EVEN ANOTHER greedy, self-entitled corporate entity whose level of "gimme gimme gimme" and ego far outweighs the quality of their services. Now, in the vein of so many of these online "memberships", they offer "levels" whereas $10/month now buys you an embarrassing $25k in "protection". Pay the $30/month and you get your "million" which no doubt has tons of lines of fine print and exceptions.

Add to this a time when Equifax was hacked and 143,000,000 people's private information was compromised, myself included. Their website does not work. Their phones (which they pride themselves on "one minute or less" wait time) now have a wait time of up to an hour. I understand that this is a circumstance in which they will get bombarded... HOWEVER... What does it say when their department to open new accounts (i.e. take more money from new suckers) is very easy to get through to? And existing customers who have been hacked and are in panic mode have to wait for services they pay for already. I think they are disgusting to behave that way in an emergency which pertains directly to their services and their customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had identity theft since the '70s and it’s been stressful. I've tried other identity theft protection companies before. This time, I decided to try LifeLock and they've helped me more than any other service I've ever had. They’ve taken care of a lot of things and they've been able to immediately keep up with things that have come up. My interactions with their team were always pleasant, very productive, and excellent. I recommend LifeLock all the time to everybody, including my friends who are all aware of my problems with identity theft.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've dealt with LifeLock's restoration team quite a bit because my identity has been stolen back in November of 2016. I'm in communication with one of the team members, Janice, and she's been extremely helpful and is available whenever I find out that my identity has been used again. When I call, I usually get another team member and they've been very professional. And I always end up getting a call from Janice within 24 to 48 hours. Since being with LifeLock, I feel safer and more secure. Just knowing that I can just call them and update them on what's happening and seeing the wheel in motion is like having an advocate since there really isn't any other advocate that will do it for you. It's very frightening to have your identity stolen and LifeLock has been very helpful and supportive.

LifeLock

Hello, We have made several attempts to reach you but have been unsuccessful. We are always working on ways to make a better member experience. If you have any questions please reach out to our member service department 1-800-543-3562.

LifeLock (a Symantec Company)

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

When registered they asked for complete work history, why? We stopped receiving updates and they ignored 12 requests to correct, 2 companies were able to run illegal credit checks with NO alert!!! When we tried to update cc on file we could not log in, password would not work, they ignored all emails, no direct phone - 800 numbers wanted full SS number to speak with us - seriously???

Every time we tried to log in had to reset password and new password would NEVER work even when we did a cut and paste to confirm no error - still refused to accept!!! Emails to security and customer service were ignored over 4 month. Worst company - what a scam - filing formal complaint with atty general. As federal family they have our info and do NOTHING!!! Several friends had same experience. They said total scam - atty said find ethical company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In June somebody opened a Walmart credit card 30 miles apart in one of his name and one in my name and they caught that the minute that it went up. They've been on top of it and they did a good job of shutting that one down. However, my credit card has recently been hacked two or three times and LifeLock has not contacted me. Discover contacted me via text and I haven't heard a word from LifeLock. I've had to shut down one of my cards because it was used in Maryland and I live in Georgia. I'm sure LifeLock will catch the hackers but they had already spent over $100 on my card.

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to speak with me today. I am glad I was able to clarify the recommendation we had was to change your email password as a precaution. I apologize that the previous response did not address your specific question and concern. Your feedback allows us an opportunity to strive for excellent customer service. We value you as a member.

LifeLock (a Symantec Co.)

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

LifeLock sent me notification of a hack of my account on the deep dark web. I checked it out -- my user name and password used on a website I had never seen or heard of until that moment, and one I'd clearly never signed up for. The advice was to change my password. I couldn't because I never signed up in the first place. So I emailed to ask what to do with this. Clearly, my question was not even considered, because I got the exact same boilerplate advice sent in original email. Checked info on website -- not covered. So what good does it do to be able to ask a question if question is responded to based on key word identification instead of an actual reading of the question?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

LifeLock was a promotional at work 12 years ago. I've had identity theft happen to me and they vouched for me. They were helpful and knowledgeable. They go out of their way and they're there when I need them. It was worth the money.

LifeLock

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your experience. Our Restoration Specialists are dedicated to assist our members dealing with Identity Theft issues.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

LifeLock keep me posted about what's being charged and what's going on in my account and they have handled about two identity thefts I have had in the last four years. The first one turned out I had a credit card arrived from Dillard's. I was looking at, "Oh, I guess they're trying to get me to get a card." So I opened it up and find out I have gotten nearly $6,000 in bills. This was in Greensboro, North Carolina and they got these gift cards up to $6,000 and spent it all. I then got a hold of Dillard's and they immediately shut it to stop the whole thing and Wells Fargo did. I went through the procedure, got it lined up, got the credit agencies checking things out. LifeLock did not know who did it or what, but we got the credit back and everything again as a result of that.

The second instance I had a call and said I owe a bill for nearly $2,000. The next day I had a letter in the mail also saying I owed a bill for $2,000. They gave me a phone number to call so I called it and they started wanting to get my Social Security number and all the information on me. I said, "Forget it." I contacted LifeLock and turned it over to them to handle it. Then, I went to the county sheriff's office and reported the identity theft. The lady who did the investigating, she contacted them, but they never would return phone calls. Finally, about, probably four or five weeks ago she informed me that they are canceling my debt and so the case is considered resolved.

LifeLock

Hello, We have been unable to reach you by telephone. We are sorry to hear that you had encountered an issue enrolling in our service. This is certainly not the type of experience we hope to provide. We understand how frustrated you must feel and apologize. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your negative experience and will forward the information to the appropriate person within LifeLock. Please contact me directly at the number I provided on your voicemail so that we may discuss further.
Sally Mauro

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Spent an hour and a half on a recorded call. They signed up my wife and my son, but had no "record" of me. I had to sign up separately with another total of 2 hours in phone calls. No record of me signing up? So I guess if I steal your family's identity I could easily sign them up for a lifelong LifeLock account, no problem.

LifeLock

Hello, We are sorry that we were not able to assist you given your personal circumstance. For security reasons, we are unable to discuss another member's information without the appropriate approval or documentation. The only way we would be able to discuss another adult member's account with you over the phone or through Support Request from your online account would be if we have a power of attorney on file. If you do not have power or attorney for your spouse, we could have provided a form to you. The reason we require separate online accounts for each adult member is because of the detailed personal information included on a member's account. Each member will have their own user id/password for online access. This can be set up through the member portal in order to view or update their information. For the security of our member’s information, we want to treat them as separate individuals and, therefore, communicate information only to that person. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Sally Mauro
Member Affairs

LifeLock (a Symantec company)

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

When I signed up with LifeLock recently, I added my husband to the account. I do not remember any place on the registration where it asked for separate login information for him. I then received an email asking him to provide his own personal information through his own ID and password. I contacted customer support through the website to explain that he is currently in rehab after a knee replacement and could not do it for himself... and even if he were at home, he is 88, infirm and incapable of understanding how to do it. Twice they replied that he had to do it himself. Since they could not understand my situation, I canceled my account.

Hello,
We are sorry to hear your wife is having difficulty cancelling her account. We take the security of our member very seriously. If she was unable to provide response to her security passcode or answer additional security questions, she can follow the failed authentication instructions provided in order to gain phone access to speak to a representative and cancel. Our Members can cancel anytime and are under no obligation to keep LifeLock. Please have your wife contact us at 1-800-LifeLock (543-3562) and speak with the cancellation department.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any difficulty she is experiencing.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My wife has an account with Lifelock for a couple of years but now she wants to cancel it. It's been 2 months now and we are still trying to cancel our accounts. We haven't succeeded yet. They actually make it impossible to do it. We called them twice on the phone and each time they asked us several security questions. They kept saying that they couldn't access our accounts b/c we did not give them all the right answer. We actually think they failed us even though we gave them all the right answer. Ok, if is true that we got one question wrong, we were still the owner of the account and they some how didn't know what more questions to ask to properly verify us. Even the banks who keeps our thousands don't even go that extreme to verify an identity. We have no choice but to ask our credit card to block Lifelock from billing us. Now Lifelock is calling us to update billing information.

LifeLock

Being a victim of identity theft can be over whelming. I am happy LifeLock could provide you the peace of mind you needed. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience. We value you as a member.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I had my identity attempted to be stolen eight months ago. LifeLock alerted me and so I contacted them. I had to do the groundwork on my end but when I supplied them what they needed, they took care of the problem and told me that they would contact me if they needed any more information. They also updated me each month via email or phone call about the status of what's going on. Overall, they took good care of me, been very helpful and kept me peaceful and feeling comfortable about my finances.

LifeLock

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I'm glad I was able to address all of your concerns. We value you as a LifeLock member.

Member Affairs

LifeLock ( a Symantec Co)

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I saw a tv commercial with a 15% discount "get15" as the promo code. When I tried to renew my subscription there was not a place to put the promo code. I called 800 number & complained online about it & all I got back was that code is no longer valid. I had just saw the tv ad a week before. No help, just sorry. I know the ad was valid when I tried the online to renew as I saw it that night. Very close to false ad. You did the very same thing the 1st time subscribed when I asked for the paper shredder.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I want to protect my assets and LifeLock seemed more popular than the other providers so I signed up with them. They've given me much peace of mind and I don't have any problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had LifeLock for about three or four years and we've had some interactions with their team a couple of times, which was fine. We got it just in case something happens.

I have two unresolved issues. You had reported almost 70,000.00 in credit card debt for months on my account that cc company says does not exist. No reasonable explanation given. Also two wrong addresses reported. No response to that yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The reason I had gotten LifeLock is because I was trying to buy a home and somebody had stolen my social security number. Also, one of my friends have it. Last June, I was off with my surgery and somebody had stolen my credit card and my social security number again. This time they even had my new address at my new home. They had all of my information except my birthday. For four days, they tried to open all these accounts. LifeLock would inform me of it so I'd hurry up and I would call the companies. The first one was Macy's. I called them and told them that it was not me who opened the account and to close it. I was able to close all those accounts but the ones who stole my information got one open and charged $900. That was within 20 minutes. I was driving then. LifeLock took care of it but what ended up happening was they would have stopped and they told me that I had to freeze my account. That was the only thing left.

So I had to put a freeze on all of my accounts with major credit bureaus, all three of them. LifeLock saved me an even bigger headache to have to go back later when I didn’t know that all this can happen and try to figure out what was going on because they alerted me right away. I was off work, so it worked out perfect because it took me hours to call these places to get a hold of people and to file a police report. To be a working person and have to try to do that was really hard, but with LifeLock informing me I cut down the recovery time a great deal. However I was considering not having LifeLock not because I don’t like it but because I had to put a freeze on my account, so there's nothing anybody can do anyway.

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience. We apologize that your questions and concerns were not addressed for you.

Members that are enrolled through employee benefit programs provide their information to the HR enrollment department and the company enrolls the member into LifeLock. If you were an existing member of LifeLock, your information will update to be what is provided to your HR dept. Any information for contact you can change and update by either logging into your member portal or calling LifeLock.

LifeLock keeps the data of cancelled members to fulfill our service obligations, as well as to protect ourselves in case of any disputes. Cancelled member data is stored on a distinct network, segregated from our corporate network and encrypted. Members requesting their PII information be removed are required to send a signed letter to the legal department requesting such removal. Members are advised that once the PII is removed the guarantee is waived and we will be no longer able to assist them with an identity theft that arose during their membership.
If you need any further information or clarification, please contact us at 1-800-LIFELOCK (543-3562).

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Lifelock updated the email address on my account to be my employer's email address without my authorization after I signed up with my HR department for my employer's group policy. An alert email went to my employer-monitored address without my authorization. Further, when I called their customer service line to understand what happened, they stated that it is their policy to change the email address based on what the employer provides -- there was no concern about the security implications of this action from either the representative nor the manager to which I escalated. From the conversation, it seemed like giving your employer access to your personal financial details seemed to be unconcerning to LifeLock.

Furthermore, on cancelling my account, I requested that all of my information be wiped clean from their systems. The representative ignored my request and said simply, "Your account has been cancelled". On pressing him, he stated that I'd have to send a certified letter to their legal department in Tempe, AZ to complete this request and that he would not do this because LifeLock needed to protect themselves legally. Now I have to be concerned about how my information will be used *BY AN IDENTITY PROTECTION COMPANY*. I should've read about the settlement for $100 million dollars which LifeLock made with the FTC, in part, for false advertising. Hope you don't repeat my mistake.

LifeLock

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. We are happy to hear our specialists provided the service you expected. We value you as a member.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

LifeLock has been great. My dad has it that's why I went with them. I had my identity stolen on my tax return and they were able to help me. The LifeLock representative was great and wonderful. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. She followed up and was very sympathetic to what I was going through. She knew her stuff. She followed up and was very sympathetic to what I was going through. She was on top of it and got it taken care of. It was awesome.

LifeLock Company Profile