3.69/5
Based on 510 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock gives people a sense of confidence to live freely in an always-connected world. We’re a leading provider of proactive identity theft protection services for consumers and identity risk and credit worthiness assessment for enterprises. Since we were founded in 2005, we have been pioneers in identity protection, leveraging unique data, science and patented technology and providing identity threat detection, proactive identity alerts, and comprehensive remediation services, the cornerstones of our business. With more than 3.6 million LifeLock members, we’re committed to providing our consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock Gallery (3)
A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

1741 LifeLock Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

You wanted to charge double because I wanted my both of us on the account. And when I talked to your rep. she didn't understand. Next thing I got from you was cancellation of the account I had set up.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I signed up for LifeLock after my identity was stolen and a high limit credit card account was opened in my name. They are supposed to reach out to you every time you have a credit report pulled on you. I bought a $30,000 - didn't hear from them until a week after the purchase was complete. I just took out a $25,000 line of credit for my home a week ago - and STILL haven't heard a peep out of them or gotten an alert. But someone once tried to open an online credit account for $100 and they were all over that. Now I ask you - which is more impactful to someone? A loan that can cloud the title of your home or a Walmart CC?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought a membership and after two weeks, I still didn’t get a credit report. I called and asked why it’s taking too long and I was told that I should wait a couple of more days. It’s unacceptable. Terrible customer service.

LifeLock response

We reached out on 2/5/2018 and 2/13/2018 and did not receive a response.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I wanted to switch my monthly payments to where I could control them and make them but LifeLock wouldn't let me because their policy of Automatic Withdrawals was final and they would rather lose a customer than allow me to change my monthly payment options.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I received a text stating there was an attempt to open a new charge card in my name on February 1st. I responded it was not me who made that request. I expected a call back. 1 1/2 hours later I called LifeLock. The text told me to log in to LifeLock to review my next steps. I logged in and found nothing referring to this alert and no directions on what to do next. I questioned where the attempt was made. I was told it was attempted 6 days ago at Dick's Sporting Goods. Six days ago!

It took LifeLock 6 days to tell me an attempt was made to open an account in my name! I am paying $25 a month for my husband and myself! I was under the impression any attempt to open a new account was going to trigger an alert! I asked why it took a WEEK to send me an alert!? She could not answer that question. I wanted to speak to a manager. No one was available so I was told I would receive a call back in 24 to 48 hours! What a joke! Someone could have been using a card in my name for a week and I would have had no knowledge of it!

By the way the attempt to open an account was my attempt the week before. I had placed a credit freeze on my account- nothing to do with LifeLock. I assumed the request for the charge card did not go thru because of LifeLock. LifeLock wasn't even monitoring my accounts!!! The application was rejected because I personally had placed a credit freeze for myself and my husband as suggested by my son who works for a bank. I am canceling LifeLock immediately. A bunch of empty promises on their website. You notice they really never tell you how they are going to protect you...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Got LifeLock through employees benefits. I am paying monthly Sign up for myself & 2 children. Got email asking for info about my dependents. Your website wouldn't allow me to enter info get subsequent email canceling dependent 'cause I didn't get info to you. Then you tell me it's up to me to straighten it all out! Horrible customer service. You owe me a month's service for my kids.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Attempted to reduce the level of my LifeLock coverage. Got charged for the expensive plan that I cancelled! Agent demanded my CC # and promptly billed me for the hi-price spread that I didn't want! No refund in site. Was kindly informed that my wife and I now had the "basic" coverage.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Somebody opened a bank account in my name. I went online and did a lot of research, and LifeLock was one of the few companies that offered something really specific. And they also were more interactive in helping you get the issues resolved. I've had many fraudulent applications made in my name and LifeLock has worked with the banks to get those collected. And with the credit used, they got them removed as inquiries. LifeLock's team has been really professional. They stay on the line the entire time that I am talking with the bank and they don't leave the call until after I am comfortable. I'm happy with their services.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place. I'm happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

There was a couple of times when someone tried to apply for a loan in my name and LifeLock notified me right away. It apparently never went through, but they were good to keep watch on my transactions. The people at LifeLock have always been very thorough and quick to answer me and to see what my needs are. LifeLock's the only one I trust because of what I know about them and what I've learned over time. I would tell my friends that they need to look into it. In today's world, we need to be careful with everything all the time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Like most Americans, I have received letters from various employers, vendors, and business associates that say, "Hey we are really sorry but we had a breach and your stuff was taken." I've had my info compromised by my last two employers and various vendors. I got a letter recently from a small company in California and that company has lead to some identity theft which is why I have been working with LifeLock. As of March of last year, I've had a number of breaches of my stuff. The person who got my info chose Verizon and Comcast. I've got eight Comcast accounts although I've never done business with Comcast in my life.

With Verizon, LifeLock was able to help me on the phone with the Verizon rep and they just took care of it on the spot. But I was a customer of Verizon. So, it kind of made sense and maybe my info might be in their system. With Comcast, I don't know what this company thinks it's doing. They might have a system set up where people get commission based on setting up new accounts. They will not let you kill an existing account. What happened with Verizon which took like ten minutes is impossible with Comcast. I've had a notarized affidavit done but the LifeLock team says Comcast requires a police report. Otherwise, they won't listen to LifeLock or companies like LifeLock who help prove that they're legitimate working with a customer. Comcast doesn't care. So, I'm up to number eight in terms of showing Comcast accounts that have been created in the last two months.

But LifeLock telling the customer there's nothing they can do without a police report is not true. I'm a lawyer so I know this. They can send letters and they can contact the customer and say, "The following eight accounts are fraudulent. Here's a signed affidavit from the customer who's being defrauded." Comcast can't just throw that in the trash and say, "We don't listen to anybody unless it's a police report.

I understand Comcast is difficult to work with but I feel like it's being used a little bit as an excuse. When you're in the business of helping people with identity theft, you ought to have an existing relationship with the Fraud Department at Comcast and probably major companies across the country because that's what you do. You're always talking to fraud office of various places and you should have a way that says, "I'm from LifeLock," and Comcast says, "Okay, give me your vendor ID number," or whatever system Comcast uses to show that the person that they're talking to really is from LifeLock.

Once they know that, they should be able to say, "Look, here's a list of names, these are all bogus accounts." Comcast doesn't necessarily have to take that as gospel but at least they said, "No, these are legit." If I work at LifeLock, especially if I were in the Legal Department, I'd say "Comcast is a pain in the butt. We have to do something, hire and better for our customers." That particularly challenging situation should fall on LifeLock. They're paid for the service.

But I don't blame LifeLock, I blame Comcast. I had the same person creating phony accounts in two different utility companies and with Verizon, they'll knock it down in one phone call in a day. Also, their service is generally good and it's been great with their team. But it's also difficult because sometimes they call me during business hours which fine but sometimes I've got a chunk of time and sometimes, I have no time at all and they get my voicemail.

The way their system works is that they send you an email but you're not working with any particular person, you use their call center. I know they probably have an internal system that says, "Bill is working with Roger on this one. So I might as well turn this back over to him." I just wish they could have an actual email because they email me and they have a person's name, so I know I'm dealing with Nicole. Then, I talk to her, which is great, and I have some stuff back, email back, and I think it gets to her. But it would be easier for me if Nicole had an email address that was unique at LifeLock so that I can just email it back instead of sending it back to the call center. I've worked in teams that managed call centers so I get that maybe that how they streamline everything - put it through one single point of contact so that they can manage it better. Although that's good for the company, that's not so good for the customer.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. LifeLock works diligently to establish and maintain relationships with all merchants, including Comcast. We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your time. Thank you for choosing LifeLock!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’m in tax repair and I see lots of identity thefts so for peace of mind I availed of LifeLock's services. A friend of mine uses it too. I had it for a year and nothing happened. And then all of a sudden, I got a note saying someone was trying to access credit on a new credit card. Neil was really helpful and was able to fix it. A week later, someone was trying to do another credit card so I went and put a freeze on my credit line. The LifeLock people were excellent. We were on the phone in a three-way conversation with a couple of the credit card companies and we recognized that we probably won’t be doing business with them. They were so uncoordinated. The Lifelock people were assertive and nice and got the job done. I was very impressed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I got my identity stolen. It took me two years and I never want to go through that kind of experience again. Then, I was in the military and in the military, we travel quite a bit. You're put in terrible countries and you're stuck in places that are unhonorable. Then, you have to use a credit card. You've got to be very careful because you don’t want these people to know private information so that they can damage you financially. And then you put extra security on these things but it's difficult sometimes when they won't accept this credit card with a bogus region. I got LifeLock just for protection because all the military members were talking about it.

Someone stole my wallet at a Walmart and I thought, "I have LifeLock." Then, they tried to open up a credit card and buy a house and a Cadillac. I kept getting notifications. Thank God LifeLock said, "Are you doing this?" I said no so, it was automatically shut down. I guess there's a code that you send out which locked them out of the system which is wonderful. That was cool so, I've always kept it. Then about two months ago, here we go again. I got notified that someone was trying to get a credit card, buy a house, and get a truck driving license in my name. We shut all that down and if I wasn’t getting the notifications from LifeLock, I wouldn't have known. I'm protected because I'm notified. And what I appreciated is that they said that if they don’t catch it, they'll pay to fix it.

If there's an issue, I call LifeLock and they get on it. I don't have to send them reminders. Also, their people have always been very courteous and I appreciate when they take the time to talk to me. They have a wonderful representative who talks to me and tells me she'll check it out. To me, that's why I've kept it because I don’t have time for this stupidity. It saves me a lot and I have recommended it to my military buddies.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I got a credit report and it said that there were several things on there that I had never ever done. They should be checked into but I haven't gotten to it. I got LifeLock now and so far, everything has been wonderful. The thing I appreciate the most is that they put a free use for the next seven years and I don't need all these things from the bank and credit card companies.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had a call from a collection agency and found that somebody had stolen my identity and taken out a loan. I wanted to make sure that it didn't happen any more after that. The guarantees and the popularity of LifeLock had a good track record, and the prices were reasonable. I signed up with them thru their app, and after I did, somebody had tried to go in an open another account. LifeLock alerted me, I let them know that it wasn't me, and it was shut down. After I entered the information from the false accounts that were trying to be opened in my name on my cellphone, to state that it wasn't me, a few days later a representative called me up. Then they went in with the service provider that the fraudulent activity was going through and, with me on the line, talked to them, together, to verify that it was not me that was trying to open an account. LifeLock has worked for me and I'll continue using it. I've already recommended them to a friend and family.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My credit score was getting up on the 760's and I was afraid that somebody might hijack my identity. I was looking to protect myself for the near future if I wanted to buy a house or a car. I never thought in my life I would need LifeLock but apparently, I was right that somebody was going to take over my credit and I got them six months before this happened to me. They stopped someone from taking over my identity. They alerted me that somebody was trying to open a credit line from the Macy's store. I decided to let it go for four days and they were doing their investigation. It was over the weekend and then, on Monday, they reached out to me and asked if I had contacted the store. Then, the rep put me on the line with the customer rep from Macy's and we were able to lock it down and close that fraudulent identity.

LifeLock's reps are professionals. Up to a certain point, they couldn't give me the information of the credit address. Macy's had the address of the person trying to take over my identity and I was asking for the address. Obviously, they cannot give me that without a police report or something to that effect. I felt kind of violated that I couldn't get the address. But I'm happy I got them. It was a good choice and I do recommend them. I tell everybody that I like that I think need protection about my experience, especially homeowner friends that I got. People kind of don't want to get into this, thinking it's not going to happen to them but I'm persistent on people that I know. Also, I'm very happy that whatever I'm paying is not compared to the headache I was going to go through shutting it down and trying to prove it wasn't me. I saved time and effort calling in and being persistent.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We've had several instances of identity theft and we heard an expert in cybersecurity say to get a LifeLock because that's the best identity theft protection out there right now. And so, we did. It's just reassuring to know that they've been there and that they let us know when something comes up. Most recently in the last couple of months, something has come up and they had looked into it. They've been very responsive and they've gotten back to me about things. And thankfully, we were able to resolve the issues. But for me and my family, it's just wonderful to know they're there and they're looking after us. The LifeLock team has been wonderful, very understanding and very patient. We recommend them to everybody we know and it's amazing how many people are clueless about all of the issues that are out there.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

A few years back I had a little issue with identity, but I didn’t think of it because it only was a one-time thing. So I decided, maybe I should try it. I liked what I was hearing on the advertisement about LifeLock so I went with them. It was more than what most of them would actually pay and they're true to their word. Then all of a sudden, sure enough, right after I got the LifeLock is when I had a very bad experience with identity theft. I was pretty much having calls from LifeLock just about every other day. I had people trying to take loans and credit cards under my name, and all kinds of stuff. I had major issues of identity theft and I'm glad I started with LifeLock.

LifeLock helped me with a few of the credit card companies that would not even attempt to remove the inquiry on my credit. We had to negotiate with them and prove that it was identity theft. But they came in handy with that. And their app is very good because I keep an eye on all my credit scores and everything that I'm using. The application is very well done and very well made. When the LifeLock team calls, they're very cordial. They're pretty much down to the point and caring, on top of that. I've literally had them hang up on credit card companies that were just giving me the runaround and then have them call again and have another person from that company call me. They're the best thing I ever did. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. They are lifesavers, as far as I'm concerned. They saved me quite a few times from identity theft and having to deal with it and the headaches that come with it because they're there for you, so I'm happy with that.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I've already had problems with my credit card during the first part of 2017. My card was compromised four times which meant I had to throw away that card and cut it up. The first one was somebody made a purchase in Florida. Then, somebody purchased something in Denver. And the third time was somebody in Japan. All this time, I didn’t have to pay for it but every time they texted it, I had to change the card. So, that meant I have to go and call the people who I had the card on.

LifeLock came along and I put all the information in. I had a problem getting on the first couple of times but there was a typo on my end. I thought I was putting in the right information but the guy informed me that that was not what I put on. So we went over it again and they were very kind and courteous and we got it done. I'm pretty much okay with it and I like the way they explain the credit score. I went on a couple of days ago, checked out my credit score and wanted to know. I asked the person I was talking with to walk me through it. They have the three different branches and you see how all the different branches score you in different things which is very, very good.

So far, my card hasn’t been compromised. I was very, very happy because they informed me that I applied for a card from Macy's and they said if I did apply. I canceled my Macy's card because we had problems and if you purchase something right after New Year, you get almost $30 to $35 off on top of all of the discounts. I said, "Go ahead," and they did it. So I got my $35 discount and now, I'm waiting to see if they approved my card. Also, I would rather have an email if they need to inform me. I did have an email but I still get the calls. But it has been very good, so far, and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Not sure exactly how long I have had LifeLock, and I encouraged my daughter to also join Lifelock. However LifeLock in my opinion does a very poor job in staying in-touch with their clients. The only time I hear from LifeLock is when they are getting ready to draft from my account their yearly fee. That my friend is very poor business ethics.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My parents had an identity theft crisis three times within three months, so my dad was getting on me to get protection. I'd heard about LifeLock on several different podcasts so I decided to sign up. My credit card comes with identity theft but LifeLock seems like the most coverage for a reasonable price. There's also the timeliness and the ease of using the website. Lastly, I wanted to get it because my assets have been increasing over the past few years. I told myself I'd try it and if I liked it, I'd stay with it.

The LifeLock team is very helpful and is emailing me constantly. I had my identity stolen in December, but they caught it fast. I put an alert on my credit for the next 90 days, but they helped me through the process. Valerie helped me with everything and she was a wonder. Any questions I had, she had an answer. I also love that they were dealing with the other credit people during my credit dispute. They're all great and it's been a relief. I recommend them to all my friends.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

LifeLock was something that we needed. I heard about them thru AOL, and I went with LifeLock because with AOL, they pay part of my amount monthly. I've had problems in three different times this year where somebody tried to open up different accounts in my name. LifeLock emailed me immediately when they found out about it, even before I had any idea that something was happening. They've got me through all three times, and I'm very happy with them. They've always been very professional and very positive. They do their job very well. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I signed up with LifeLock as a preventative measure for any hacking experience, but I was hacked shortly after signing up. Someone tried to use my cable company to purchase a phone and a program using my name. The LifeLock rep got on the phone with me and loaded me with info and then they got in touch with the company, and all three of us got it resolved the issue in about two minutes. It was impressive. The first rep that I was on the phone with was all nice, she was great. But then they sent me an email saying I needed to contact a certain department, and the guy that I got on the phone with when I called was an absolute imbecile. He told me that the permit didn't exist, I ended up writing a complaint and got a follow-up apology email. We're square now and I still value the company. In this day and age, people need added protection so I would urge others to sign up with them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

When my underage daughter opens two credit card accounts, I am not notified. When I call the excuse I'm given is that I approved a credit card for her recently, so that is the reason I wasn't notified. So I am to understand because I approved once it is good forever and no matter how many accounts she opens. That is one of the most lame excuses I ever have heard.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

LifeLock is a proven product, and it makes me feel safe. Financially, if somebody is misusing my identity, I know that they have been very able to detect those things, immediately send warnings, and take the necessary steps. Their representatives have treated me nicely, and I’m happy with that. LifeLock is a good company, with a good product, and good services. If you can afford it, go get it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My wife has a sister who's in and out of prison all the time. We're very concerned with potentially getting our identity stolen, because she had stolen my wife's identity once before. So, we figured to enroll ourselves up with LifeLock for a small amount of money. I've been with them almost eight years or so and there's never been a problem. But this year, there were four instances. Somebody got a hold of my Social Security number probably from the Equifax or Anthem hack. But either way, somebody tried to open cellphone and credit card accounts. I got phone calls immediately. We dealt with everything and shut it down. They're willing to put freezes on your account and everything just to prevent any further damage from being done. They're doing their own investigations now, so it's a pretty simple operation.

LifeLock has been good to me. They've handled every situation that I run into in quick timing. Everybody's helpful, very easygoing, dedicated to get the job fixed right away, and very polite. I would highly recommend them to anybody that's trying to make sure that their credit and everything stay in order.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

There has been an identity theft issue in the past and LifeLock seems as though they've had history with the issue. I was pretty impressed with the promptness and that they reacted to the problem that I recently had. Also, that the people I dealt with were very informative and helpful. I thought they did a great job.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I received an email to update my billing credit card. It referred me to the member portal (did not work), app (did not work), phone LIFELOCK (AI did not work after I gave all of my information), transferred me to customer care agent who did not have the information I gave the AI. The agent told me she could not help me because they were going through maintenance. How was I supposed to know? She told me to call back in an hour or so. I asked how was I to be sure I would not get in the same boat. She told me to call back.

I told her I found it hard to believe that no one could take my information. She said they could not. I asked why having LIFELOCK call me was not an option, she told me she would create a ticket. Then she told me she could not give me the ticket number. I created a ticket on the member portal, it could not give me a ticket number. This is the company I have been paying for years to constantly review and protect my data. Not a very comfortable position at this time.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We had a break in at my work and the people responsible took my bag which had a lot of personal information in there like my birth certificate, my passport and my tax return. I got a credit card in there they were using. They tried to open my cell phone through my name. But LifeLock caught it and I had told them what happened. So I’m a true believer in LifeLock. They really helped me. Those people kept trying and LifeLock keep monitoring it. LifeLock called me. I said, “Nope. That’s not me doing it.”

The LifeLock team have all been great. Everybody’s been really super nice and really helpful. I couldn’t ask for anything better. I always get somebody when I call. The alerts have gone down but since the people who broko in at my work have the information I would never know when it’s going to pop up again. But It’s all just been a good experience with LifeLock. They’re right on it. And then I got it just before the Equifax breach. I think I was safe with that because I have them. I’m really happy with it.

I would recommend LifeLock. More and more things are getting hacked so maybe people need it a lot more especially if something has happened to them. LifeLock really protects you on the dark web. You just learn how your information could be used. It can really affect you and affect your credit scores so if you don’t have it I would say definitely get it.

Dear Daniel,

Jennifer

LifeLock Senior Identity Restoration Specialist

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've always wanted to get LifeLock because I wanted to be in the loop. They have alerted me if my identity was used right away and have treated me well. It's been a very good experience so far and I plan to keep using it. It's something anyone should have.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

With people hacking into systems, I thought it would be good to sign up with LifeLock and have some protection just in case something ever happened to me. I signed up and I’ve been a member for quite a while now. So far, LifeLock has been good. Recently, someone has gotten my information from somewhere and so LifeLock alerted me that someone was trying to open up an account with my name and information and would know if I was trying to open an account. I said no and they got that stopped and the people who were trying to open up an account were in the same town that I live. They tried a few more times and each time LifeLock stopped them. They didn’t get into my account and I owe it to LifeLock.

When I got the alert and when I called it in, they were very prompt. They had the information very quickly, they asked questions, and in that process, they go through several steps and they did it very quickly and easily and then they put me online with whatever company it was. We worked it out together and they understood too that that wasn’t me trying to open up an account. So, they quickly closed it and then they sent me letters about what they did and so forth. I wasn’t missing any funds out of my account and they weren’t able to charge accounts under my name. The process went very smoothly and I’ve talked to several different LifeLock reps because it happened three more times and each time it was stopped and it has all been efficient and quick. I’m certainly glad that I signed up with them. It’s been well worth it.

LifeLock Company Information

www.lifelock.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use