Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock identity theft protection uses innovative monitoring technology and alert tools to help proactively safeguard your credit and finances.† They will send you alerts for potential identity

theft by text, ‡‡ phone, email or mobile app. If identity theft does occur, a U.S.-Based Identity Restoration Specialist, dedicated to you, is there to personally manage your case.

No one can prevent all identity theft.

† LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses.

‡‡ Phone alerts made during normal local business hours.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeLock provides identity theft protection and monitoring services. The company is an industry leader and offers three different package options.

PROS

• Variety of plans
  • Remediation available
  • Industry leader

CONS

• Prices change after the first year

Top LifeLock Reviews

LifeLock had a good reputation, so we went in that direction. My identity was hacked in June and one of the initial notifications came from them. We've got the premium package on both of our computers just because it makes sense to be protected.

I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was a nice addition. [It's] like a virus scanner, it won't catch everything, but the insurance is the best part.

LifeLock services

LifeLock is considered to be an industry leader in providing individual and business identity theft protection. They offer three different package options, from basic monitoring to full protection and recovery of your money or identity. LifeLock is recognized by the Online Trust Honor Roll and partnered with the digital security software company Norton by Symantec.

LifeLock notifies you if your information is compromised by monitoring major data breaches, credit reporting agencies and the dark web. The company offers 24-hour assistance, and if your identity is compromised, LifeLock will assist you by providing lawyers to help litigate your case, plus reimbursement for your expenses and lost property.

LifeLock is a membership organization where customers can choose between membership levels. If you are looking for identity theft protection for your business, you can call the company for a quote.

LifeLock plans and pricing

LifeLock provides identity theft and digital security protections at three membership levels: Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus. Each plan offers an introductory rate, with a price increase after the first year. The chart below provides an overview of LifeLock cost by plan.

PlanFirst-year costCost after first year
Select$9.99/month$14.99/month
Advantage$19.99/month$24.99/month
Ultimate Plus$29.99/month$34.99/month

Select: Offers $25,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds and security for five electronic devices, plus the regular LifeLock benefits.

Advantage: Offers $100,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for 10 devices, bank and credit card alerts and alerts for crimes in your name.

Ultimate Plus: Offers $1 million in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for an unlimited number of devices, bank and credit card alerts, 401(K) investment alerts, alerts for crimes in your name, and reports from all three credit bureaus.

How does LifeLock work?

Most of the time, LifeLock members will be able to forget they are even customers — which, according to LifeLock, is the point. As a LifeLock customer, you can rest assured your data is secure.

Once you join, you simply make monthly payments and the company closely monitors your information. When something suspicious occurs, you are either alerted by phone, text or a notification from the LifeLock app.

If you want to engage with the company further, they offer a credit report, an online portal to show your profile, and notifications about any data breaches that may affect your information.

Do we recommend LifeLock?

LifeLock has been the industry leader in identity theft protection for more than a decade. The company boasts nearly 5 million members and returned millions of dollars in assets to people who have had their identities or property stolen. Although a price tag up to $34.99 a month may not be as cheap as other companies, it does provide the broadest range of coverage with a company known to maintain a high level of service.

LifeLock Reviews

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Lifelock offered a really good service when I first signed up for their service back in 2009. They were at the forefront of providing good security monitoring in a changing climate of cyber security. Though there were times that my own credit card company alerted me of questionable activity when the Lifelock didn't. Their email alerts are helpful in prompting me to take note of the latest security breaches that are custom-tailored to my accounts.

It has been in recent years they have offered a premium service on top of their standard level of security for an added price, which as a long-time subscriber I feel should not be an added cost since their prices have also risen as well. With many other credit monitoring services available today, I feel that Lifelock should reconsider charging extra for their premium service when there are more credit monitoring services available on the market for less or already included with so many offerings today.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

When you are young you assume you have the rest of your life to correct your mistakes. What if you were being held responsible for mistakes you didn’t make? That’s an awful feeling, that’s exactly what went through my mind after hanging up my call from Lifelock. Someone had attempted to steal my personal information and use it without my permission. Thankfully I am enrolled in the ultimate plus membership with life lock. They alert me when my personal information shows up on third party websites. Where it can be sold to other people on the dark web.

Without my lifelock membership, I would have never known my information had been compromised until it was too late. I use to think that could never be me, but it almost was. Imagine working your entire life to save and work hard to make a living for it to be taken in a matter of seconds. With my lifelock membership I am relieved to know, I have a team of professionals working hard daily. Making sure, that I don’t have to worry about my personal information ending up in the wrong hands or places.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Lifelock makes me feel secure in knowing that I am protected against fraud, identity theft and the like. I know that if anything should happen Lifelock will take care of it right away and they make you feel safe, and stress free. I took me awhile to decide to get this protection and after doing my homework and reading reviews, I decided Lifelock was the best around and is totally worth it. Customer service is wonderful, so helpful and makes me feel relieved knowing I have them behind me 100% in case I find my self in a situation where my identity could be stolen. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for that extra security.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Service as advertised. However, systems...text, VM, PC and PH App are not seamlessly tied together and you may clear the alert and then see it again and again via different sources even though you’ve already cleared/ ok’d it. Notifications are not always clear to interpret. If you are shopping for finance, expect multiple notifications, sometimes many days later. Now trying to push monthly fees to annuals. That tells me they are trying to ensure they keep revenues locked down. Now trying to push another fee at you with Norton Antivirus scare tactics. Too bad no guarantee with it! At $ 30.00 a month it’s not cheap, but I’ve had it for years. I’m retired now and on a fixed income... I am looking at my options.

Original review: July 25, 2019

He listened carefully to my request for advice concerning additional coverage, explained my options, including the cost, reviewed my current coverage and I chose to upgrade. I have been a long-time customer of LifeLock and am completely satisfied with their coverage and feedback each time something new appears on my account. I totally depend on them to keep me safe and I recommend LifeLock to my friends. Thank you for helping me in the past and keeping me safe in the here and now and the future. You're the best!

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

Sincerely,

Kristen Tifft

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock (A Symantec Company)?

Original review: April 2, 2020

The price for LifeLock is more than competitors - but I initially signed up with them because of their 'industry-leader' claims and frankly, I fell for their commercials about how they help if you experience identity theft or fraudulent credit situations. Of course, these services aren't covered in their basic package - they cost extra. I noticed over an extended period of time that my 'Lifelock alerts' I had set up notified me of charges for me to verify many days after my bank or credit cards had already sent me their alerts. So I decided I was paying for nothing. Then I tried to cancel my auto-renewal, using their web portal as instructed. Turns out if you do that, a message pops up saying you have to call and cancel by phone.

So I called, waited on the phone, and finally spoke to an agent to cancel. The agent has assured me that my policy will terminate the day before renewal - but I have nothing in writing, no screen capture, to ensure that happens. I have already received an email saying I will be charged for autorenewal in one month, despite my call to cancel the renewal which was made a month or more ago. So, I am calling again to cancel. My advice - set up alerts with your banks, credit cards, and monitor your credit reports and skip Lifelock. Not worth it.

Original review: April 1, 2020

My identity was stolen and Lifelock was nowhere to be found. I called multiple times only to be put on hold for hours. They didn't notify me of any breach. My phone number was stolen and 3 credit accounts were hacked. Lifelock didn't notice any of this. What am I paying for?

Original review: March 28, 2020

No contact has been made. Until Lifelock surprised me with a bill for over three hundred dollars, I can't recall hearing from anyone for a year or so. I cancelled my account and request the money be refunded.

LifeLock response

NortonLifeLock has attempted to reach out to the member on 3/31/2020 and 4/3/2020 and will be happy to address their concerns when our calls are returned.

Original review: March 26, 2020

VERY specific offer to bundle Norton 360 to my LifeLock Ultimate Plus account (the latter goes for 339.99 annually) at no cost until my renewal date. Not done. Telephone call, then email inquiry and finally a written response that is, essentially, a Bait and Switch with an offer of a 50% discount of that which was offered! LifeLock itself is peace of mind, albeit highly overpriced IMHO. Won't gift it to loved ones b/o the latter.

Original review: March 24, 2020

disconnected service accounts. I just wrote all these answers in a previous box. The questions I am supposed to answer for further verification are irrelevant or there IS NO answer... What high school did I attend? 2 of them. Where is our vacation home? We sold them almost 20 years ago so do not have one. Who was best man at our wedding? We did not have one. I tried calling but that did not work. ID

LifeLock Company Information

LifeLock (A Symantec Company)
    Public