Call toll free
1.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeLock provides modern identity theft protection. With the flood of mobile technology and apps, consumer behaviors and expectations are changing, along with what “identity” actually means. LifeLock is committed to providing its consumers some peace of mind amid the threat of identity theft.

LifeLock identity theft protection uses innovative monitoring technology and alert tools to help proactively safeguard your credit and finances.† They will send you alerts for potential identity

theft by text, ‡‡ phone, email or mobile app. If identity theft does occur, a U.S.-Based Identity Restoration Specialist, dedicated to you, is there to personally manage your case.

No one can prevent all identity theft.

† LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses.

‡‡ Phone alerts made during normal local business hours.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

LifeLock provides identity theft protection and monitoring services. The company is an industry leader and offers three different package options.

PROS

• Variety of plans
  • Remediation available
  • Industry leader

CONS

• Prices change after the first year

Top LifeLock Reviews

LifeLock had a good reputation, so we went in that direction. My identity was hacked in June and one of the initial notifications came from them. We've got the premium package on both of our computers just because it makes sense to be protected.

I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was a nice addition. [It's] like a virus scanner, it won't catch everything, but the insurance is the best part.

LifeLock services

LifeLock is considered to be an industry leader in providing individual and business identity theft protection. They offer three different package options, from basic monitoring to full protection and recovery of your money or identity. LifeLock is recognized by the Online Trust Honor Roll and partnered with the digital security software company Norton by Symantec.

LifeLock notifies you if your information is compromised by monitoring major data breaches, credit reporting agencies and the dark web. The company offers 24-hour assistance, and if your identity is compromised, LifeLock will assist you by providing lawyers to help litigate your case, plus reimbursement for your expenses and lost property.

LifeLock is a membership organization where customers can choose between membership levels. If you are looking for identity theft protection for your business, you can call the company for a quote.

LifeLock plans and pricing

LifeLock provides identity theft and digital security protections at three membership levels: Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus. Each plan offers an introductory rate, with a price increase after the first year. The chart below provides an overview of LifeLock cost by plan.

PlanFirst-year costCost after first year
Select$9.99/month$14.99/month
Advantage$19.99/month$24.99/month
Ultimate Plus$29.99/month$34.99/month

Select: Offers $25,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds and security for five electronic devices, plus the regular LifeLock benefits.

Advantage: Offers $100,000 in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for 10 devices, bank and credit card alerts and alerts for crimes in your name.

Ultimate Plus: Offers $1 million in reimbursements for stolen funds, security for an unlimited number of devices, bank and credit card alerts, 401(K) investment alerts, alerts for crimes in your name, and reports from all three credit bureaus.

How does LifeLock work?

Most of the time, LifeLock members will be able to forget they are even customers — which, according to LifeLock, is the point. As a LifeLock customer, you can rest assured your data is secure.

Once you join, you simply make monthly payments and the company closely monitors your information. When something suspicious occurs, you are either alerted by phone, text or a notification from the LifeLock app.

If you want to engage with the company further, they offer a credit report, an online portal to show your profile, and notifications about any data breaches that may affect your information.

Do we recommend LifeLock?

LifeLock has been the industry leader in identity theft protection for more than a decade. The company boasts nearly 5 million members and returned millions of dollars in assets to people who have had their identities or property stolen. Although a price tag up to $34.99 a month may not be as cheap as other companies, it does provide the broadest range of coverage with a company known to maintain a high level of service.

LifeLock Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Signing up early for a service such as Lifelock.com is going to be the best decision anyone can make to help protect your credit and personal information. The value along with the excellent customer service that I have received will also be what you receive.

Thanks,

James

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

He listened carefully to my request for advice concerning additional coverage, explained my options, including the cost, reviewed my current coverage and I chose to upgrade. I have been a long-time customer of LifeLock and am completely satisfied with their coverage and feedback each time something new appears on my account. I totally depend on them to keep me safe and I recommend LifeLock to my friends. Thank you for helping me in the past and keeping me safe in the here and now and the future. You're the best!

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: March 5, 2019

Just starting out with LifeLock, I've heard nothing but good about this company, I'm pleased to say that my benefits started immediately from signing up for it. I'm sure they're only beginning to clean up my hackers and identity theft. I'm anxious. Things are looking up.

LifeLock response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place.

Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Identify theft - LifeLock was very helpful. The associate was very helpful. The very main thing is that I could actually understand what she was saying. So often when we try to fix something the associate either doesn't speak good English or speaks too fast or blurred speech.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This service has been very easy to set up, I like the fact that it can actually monitor my bank and charge accounts with site credentials and get actual balance information. The free credit report was nice addition. It had a lot of places to add all kinds of information to look out for, someone else reviewed negatively due to service not catching an attempt at identity theft, the response was we cannot catch everything, this is 100% true, as a computer expert it's like a virus scanner, it won't catch everything, but the insurance is the best part.

I had my card information stolen several months ago from a gas pump I assume, of course Visa fraud protection caught it, however I have been receiving a bazillion robocall scams and no matter how much I try to aggravate them so I will get my number off the list they keep trying. I haven't had the opportunity to deal with actually having to file any claims over identity theft so I cannot rate that process or the cancellation process. The Android app is well designed, it feels like a Google native application rather than some hack job of a port from Apple. I emailed a question through the app and was responded to within a couple of hours, how many times have you gotten a response to an email inquiry in that amount of time?

All I can say is the service was very easy to get connected to, setting up to pay with PayPal worked well which is the perfect way to use to pay for any service that allows it as cancellation is a piece of cake should you need it, many companies that want it hard for you to cancel refuse to take PayPal. Example, your cable provider will not let you use it, they want the ability to force charge you when they could easily deactivate your account, and the equipment they give you is dirt cheap even though they act like it's priceless.

All I can say is negative reviews here may be warranted in certain cases, but remember, people usually go to write reviews when they are mad, but how many people search online and write good reviews? I hope to have a good experience with this service, sooner or later lenders etc will require some insurance protection like this the same way you must maintain automobile and homeowner's insurance when you still owe the lender.

LifeLock response

Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day!

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeLock (A Symantec Company)?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

SUCKS - doesn't live up to their advertisements. After 10 years I finally wised up and cancelled the service, not worth the aggravation or headache of trying to get something resolved, all they do is refer you to other web sites - literally they don't do anything except take your monthly fee, unless you are a big time movie star being compensated by LifeLock.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am very pleased with the response team of LifeLock. I had specific concerns that they addressed very promptly and they accommodated my needs. I highly recommend their service. I feel very secure that if I have any problems with identity theft, their team will handle it.

LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Lifelock is another scam that will find every reason why they should not pay you. 2009 My identity stolen by someone that worked for me a short time answering phones. I finally found out where the identity theft was coming from myself. I never used online anything for paying bills. I did all checks and balances. I found mistakes every time from vendors. Never in my favor. Lifelock used every single excuses to not be responsible. A whole online profile was done under my name. I couldn't even stop the theft. Everyone treated me like a criminal. She made a mistake by creating an office depot delivery address to her house. $41k I had to put the case together and put her in prison.

According to lifelock if anyone has access to your mail they are not responsible. This mean everyone is not covered. Your mail passes through 6 sets of hands before it reaches your desk. That's exactly what they said when I screamed you mean no one is protected if a random stranger grabs your mail and we don't even if it came from that. They needed to throw a hail mary to get out of helping and asked if anyone had access to my mail.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This is my second attempt to use LifeLock since I cancelled the first subscription. Financial Transactions did not work the first subscription and now with the second new subscription it still doesn’t work. Combined for both subscriptions I have called or reported the problem 12 times with no results. The new LifeLock comes with Norton which is a nightmare installing the software after which the LifeLock portion locked up requiring me to uninstall the software. I have had the ultimate for 3 days and after talking to support twice and being passed around to technicians who barely speak English I hung up. I plan to cancel this second subscription and will write off my monthly payment as a lesson learned twice! The addition of Norton is not a benefit in my opinion and the website is confusing to navigate.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I called to confirm that LifeLock could assist with "problematic" identity confirmation at 2 of the three credit agencies. (My SSN was recently breached). I stated I was not interested or need the Norton 360 software/services on any of my devices. The answers from the agent were: 1. I have a different skill set here and I'm very good at my job. 2. No the entry level products won't help you, you need our "premium" product and 3. The standard legal disclosure was repeated at least 3 times, in substitute of an answer if they could help ....

Of course the sales agent could verify my identity and suggested that I wait for the welcome email packet.... That arrived with all of the instruction for downloading another dense N360 software, and instructions for my dashboard. Attempting to sign in, was a disaster, there are at least two portals, but my acount wasn't known to both sites. Finding the personal dashboard was not straight forward at all. Once I signed in, I was presented multiple options for "upgrading" the $275.00 purchase made just that day before. It appears there's more implied assistance than actual, and this needs to be DISCOVERED. And the sales associate, was simply disingenuous. I may post my future experience after seeking adjustment on what I was 'SOLD' as addressing my needs.

LifeLock response

LifeLock contacted member on 11/5/19 and discussed their concerns.

LifeLock Company Information

LifeLock (A Symantec Company)
Public