2.82/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for an identity theft protection provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

17 IdentityForce Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had to call during signup. The site was telling me that I was already was registered. A site error gave that message for some unknown reason. It only went away after I closed the browser session and restarting from the beginning. When billing time came for the free trial, it told me that there was a payment error. It then automatically reloaded and indicated success. There was no problem with my card, since they successfully authorized the full annual charge *twice* for one trial period. Another false error. I called and was told that they were sorry, but the manager was on vacation. They would call me back in the morning with reassurances, but never did.

I quickly found out that I was signed up for a lesser plan without credit monitoring (not what I selected). Fearing a billing mishap and even more problems, I requested a cancellation via email. Support was responsive until this point, but went silent, so I cancelled on the site. It’s been a week and I still have several $100 of authorizations, half of which was erroneously placed on my card. They are still sorry and there’s still “nothing they can do.” I’m supposed to call back tomorrow.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Signed-up on the IdentityForce website for a 30 day free trial with annual billing. My credit card was hit for the total for the year the very same day, not at the end of the trial. "Meredith's" explanation was that everything is okay because they don't get the money until the end of the 30 days. What? I was billed for the full year the same time the "30 day free trial" started. Cancellation was quick and easy...

Updated on 11/1/2018:

Their confirmation email clearly states that I would not be billed until November 29th, the end of the trial period. I was actually billed on October 29th.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Called to cancel membership and was told that I would need to dispute charge for the membership renewal through my credit card company. When I pressed the "customer service" representative a little harder, she then changed her tune and told me she could do a "one time courtesy reversal" of the charges. Money is a little tight right now and I considered picking up my membership with them at another time. Not after this strong arm tactic. Unethical company will never see another dime of my money.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I spent a long time searching for what I thought would be the best Idenity Protection for my needs. I decided to go with Identity Force. For the plan I chose the advertised amount was $189.50 or $18.95 per month. When I received my bank statement I was charged $199.50. STRIKE 1. It takes a long time to set up your account. Once completed I felt “more protected” than ever before. That was short lived when one of my credit cards was comprised and no alert was ever sent to me!!! STRIKE 2.

When I called IdentityForce, the tech was not the friendly helpful person as promised in the ad, instead he was any but and questioned how I completed my profile. Once I told him, he responded with a very condescending question about a second backup I was supposed to do with all of my accounts. Nowhere did I read such a thing. If I missed it it’s because their site is NOT easy to navigate, especially for those of us who are not super computer savvy. This became much too complicated. STRIKE 3 Your Out! I called the following day to cancel my subscription after 2 months. When I received my bank statement instead of being charged $18.50 per day I was charged $30 per day! From the very start IdentityForce did not keep up with their promises!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was canceled with no warning or email. The second time after I found out to get this fixed "their fault" and going I called to check on the account after a few months and was told they can't find me and I was being debited for 6 months already. It took 2 days for them to find out why. And wouldn't refund any money when I went to cancel them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityForce?

Original review: June 28, 2018

My credit reporting agency notified me about a few things that weren't reported by IdentityForce, and then I discovered I had an email account in my name from years ago that I didn't open, with an address that I never lived at registered to an eBay account! Thanks to the IRS for that discovery of all people. The worst part is that when I called I was told that my particular package did not cover that sort of thing! So I paid for an identity theft protection service that didn't protect my identity except from a limited list of sources? Naturally unsatisfied with this I requested a refund for my last month's billing, which was taken out only the earlier that same day. I was denied the refund completely, and the agent told me that I should have reviewed the available plans more carefully. Blaming the customer for the failures of a service is never a good way win trust, IdentityForce. Do better.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I spent $359 to sign up for the UltraSecure+Credit Family Plan. Their marketing states this covers two adults and unlimited children 25 years and younger. When I went to add my children, I discovered they ONLY monitor the kid's social security numbers and DO NOT provide any of the other services under this plan (credit cards, bank accounts, driver's license, etc.). I'm so disappointed because I thought my entire family would receive the same coverage under the "Family Plan". I confirmed this with their customer service rep over the phone when I tried to add my kids to the plan.

People should understand IdentityForce advertising is misleading and your children will NOT receive all of the protection the plan was supposed to offer. At a minimum, they should have indicated that children get only minimal protection on the family plan (and not wait until parents get signed up and pay before they realize the minimal coverage for kids). Now my choice is to pay another $199/year for EACH of my three kids if I want them to have the same coverage my wife and I have. That would be $956 for a family of five. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I like the way IdentityForce makes me feel secure and safe with them helping me protect my identity. They provide excellent customer service and are the nicest individuals over the phone. It also has great time services for the toll-free number. They are very courteous and helpful when needed. I never get an attitude even if I ask 100 questions and they always answer back to my email. They are very professional and I trust them. IdentityForce provides me with peace of mind and the price is affordable, unlike the other identity theft companies. I wish they were well known like LifeLock because they are better. I love them. But maybe they can provide a live chat session when you have more personable questions.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I chose this company because it was recommended to me by a few people I know. I signed up for a free trial and I enjoyed having the service and the peace of mind since it's impossible to keep your personal information off of the internet these days. It is fairly priced for the service provided. I like that customer service is always there to answer any questions that I may have as well. Also, I like that I can feel confident that no one will use my identity for their own personal gain as long as I have this company on my side.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have been pleased with the services they provide. They follow up with me on a regular basis. I like knowing my data is secure and safe. I don't worry about identity problems with their help. It puts my mind at ease. I have had troubles in the past and IdentityForce makes me feel better about everyday things. But it is a little pricey, the price outweighs the benefits that the service provides.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Keeping my information safe and secure is very important that's why I love to use this service. I love the fact that I can count on them to keep my credit cards and online security information protected. I also like the fact that no matter what happens they notify me and get the problem resolved quickly. They give you the best protection for a very cheap price. But they could make the app better to use and make all the features way easier to find. Some features on the app can be very difficult to find when you are looking for something or it takes to much time to find it. But overall the company is amazing, they worked with me very well.

Original review: July 22, 2017

This service has 24 hour services that monitor identity theft. I was amazed at the features and insurance offered. I tried it because they offered a free trial before you have to pay. It makes me feel like I am protected around the clock and will be notified by alerts if any weird activities occur. It give me the software to see how my information is being used and access to my credit score. Also, I like that it will monitor my Social security number, bank accounts, and passwords. It is great to have these features across all of my accounts. I like that it offers up to one million dollars insurance too.

However, I think there should be a feature to see if a company is trustworthy enough to give them my information. A list to show all the reputable companies that my information is not being misused. A way to search a company to make sure they have not been accused of fraud or identity theft. I would want to know if a company have been hacked before.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I felt that my information was safe with IdentityForce. It was easy to manage & monitor my profile, and I never had any problems with services/questions. I had no doubts that my identity was secure & protected. But if I could change anything about the IdentityForce service & company based on my personal experiences, then I would want it to be less expensive (free would be in my opinion ideal). I do not regularly do anything which requires personal/unique identification or that which makes me uniquely identifiable, but when I do I know that IdentityForce protects me. I would recommend to anyone IdentityForce.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

It was great. I got treated right by everyone. It was amazing and I would love to come back and enjoy myself over and over again. Praise all of them. :)

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Average service, they were able to help me with any technical difficulties I had with the setup. If I had any questions they were answered, sometimes within a reasonable response time. Costs were average, nothing special, but not too steep. I would recommend this service to another. This is a service I feel that is more than needed. The monitoring service to me personally is the same as a credit report, you can control what's going on in your life, as far as credit score and your finances. The service is reliable, but also is a kind of a useless service, as nowadays, all credit cards and debit cards have fraud protection on them to prevent this type of issue.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Good customer service by this company. Cost was reasonable. Monitoring was responsive and extensive. I felt like this company was technical and reliable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service was always very quick, polite and professional. Even when I called highly upset because the Internal Revenue Service found an issue they didn't catch. But, that may have just been my luck. It's pretty bad. They were a very kind and hardworking group from what I remember. Other than the one problem I had, which ended up not being that big of a deal, it just delayed my refund a couple of months, I have no other complaints.

IdentityForce expert review by Rob Douglas

Two plan options available with identity theft protection only or with identity theft plus credit monitoring included. Child identity theft protection is available as an add-on option. Includes 24/7 customer service.

• Choose what’s most important to you: IdentityForce’s two plan options, UltraSecure, starting at $17.95 per month, and UltraSecure Plus Credit, starting at $23.95 per month, allow you to choose whether or not you want credit monitoring or identity theft protection only. You can also pay annually.

• Add-on child coverage: The optional ChildWatch option included social security tracking and IdentityForce’s full Social Media Monitoring Suite.

• App and personal computer security: The IdentityForce mobile app and secure anti-phishing and anti-keylogging software help keep your information safe.

• Social media monitoring: All plan options include monitoring of social media accounts for inappropriate activity or threatening posts.

• Theft insurance and recovery: Recovery team and up to $1 million in insurance against out-of-pocket expenses and lost wages.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
    Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

IdentityForce Company Information