3.9/5 (1257 ratings)

About IdentityForce

IdentityForce offers proven identity, privacy, and credit security solutions. We combine advanced detection technology, real-time alerts, 24/7 support, mobile device protection and identity recovery with over 40 years of experience to get the job done. When it comes to ensuring you and your family have peace of mind, we’re here to help you protect what matters most. Backed by our million-dollar insurance policy, it’s why we’ve been trusted by millions of people, Global 1000 organizations, and the U.S. Government. Click on the link below or call us to learn more.

Pros

• Affordable pricing
  • Full-service identity theft protection
  • Long-standing company

Cons

• Only two plan levels

Bottom Line

IdentityForce provides identity theft protection, mobile device protection and credit monitoring services with two affordable plans. Real-time alerts and 24/7 support make IdentityForce a strong contender in the field.

Top IdentityForce Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I like it because they stay on top of everything and keep me posted about anything fishy. I know they're on the ball because I applied for a new credit card and that same day, rec...

Verified

Love the alerts, 2 factor authentication and the great user interface. Was using another company and I find IdentityForce much better and less costly than the competition. Family ...

About IdentityForce services

IdentityForce provides identity theft protection by using what they call a “holistic” approach that incorporates reliable tech, constant research and development, focused customer service, and open communication with their clients. Their services include monitoring your personal information and reimbursement for any losses you experience. In business for more than 40 years, IdentityForce offers protection for individuals, businesses and government agencies, and has been awarded a Stevie by the American Business Awards.

IdentityForce VPN

IdentityForce members who download the IdentityForce mobile app have access to their own VPN at no additional charge. To access VPN services, which help provide anonymity while on the internet, customers must download the app or update the app if they re already using it.

This additional mobile functionality gives IdentityForce members a secure internet connection wherever they go.

IdentityForce pricing and plans

IdentityForce offers two packages: IdentityForce UltraSecure and IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit. They also have a ChildWatch plan as part of their family identity theft protection services.

PlanMonthly priceYearly price
UltraSecureStarting at $9.99$99
UltraSecure+CreditStarting at $18.99$189

UltraSecure: This plan provides coverage for up to $1 million in losses, and monitors for fraud through social media, dark web, court records, bank account and credit card activity. A 30-Day free trial is available for the UltraSecure plan.

UltraSecure+Credit: Includes all of the features of the UltraSecure package, plus tracking of your credit report, credit score and assistance with improving your score.

ChildWatch: This service is a great add-on if you’re looking for an IdentityForce family plan. With ChildWatch, IdentityForce will monitor your child’s SSN for suspicious activity and includes IdentityForce’s Social Media Identity Monitoring Suite, which looks for imposters, hackers and scams. The service includes $1 million in ID theft insurance.

How does IdentityForce work?

To become an IdentityForce customer, sign up online and choose from one of their two packages. Then, the company will send you a welcome email to help finalize your account on their secure portal. If your information is ever compromised, the company will reach out via text or email. You can contact their customer service team 24 hours a day.

Do we recommend IdentityForce?

Yes. Their extensive experience, industry recognition and awards make IdentityForce an excellent option for your identity theft protection. The company also offers a competitive product at lower prices than many other major identity theft protection firms.

IdentityForce Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityForce?

Original review: March 18, 2021

When 1st time putting in information I wanted to be alerted by text message so I clicked on the box and put my phone number but it was always saying it is a required field wasn't accepting my number for some reason.

IdentityForce response

Thank you Christine for sharing your feedback on IdentityForce. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed they were able to establish contact and confirm your issues have been resolved. Thanks again for being a valued IdentityForce member and we look forward to helping you protect your sensitive personal and financial information.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I am not very tech savvy so I was happy to see enrolling was pretty self explanatory. However, the manage account section at the end did not work - I am assuming I need to re log in to access that part.

IdentityForce response

Thank you Cathleen for sharing your feedback on IdentityForce. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed that they were able to assist you with walking you through your dashboard and providing a resolution. Thanks again for being a valued IdentityForce member and we look forward to helping you protect your sensitive personal and financial information.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

How do I delete trash when I am through reading it. I tried clicking on the icon that points down and a screen shows up that it is deleting but all articles are still there when the green icon goes away. I tried this on ten different items and got the same results - no change in number of items in trash. Still 50.

IdentityForce response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our services. Our goal is to ensure you have peace of mind when it comes to monitoring your information. IdentityForce also provides fully managed restoration services in the event your identity is stolen. Alerts are a part of the fully managed services we provide. We would be happy to discuss your account in greater detail, so please let us know. Our U.S. based Member Services team is available to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

So far my experience with IdentityForce is good. But the only issue I have with it right now is the mobile app for Android. It keeps crashing otherwise would of had 5 stars. The thing that I love about it most is the amount of things that they can monitor for you. It helps you feel more safe and secure.

IdentityForce response

Seth, we appreciate the feedback regarding your IdentityForce membership. Our U.S. based Member Services team is currently researching and would be happy to set up a call with you to further discuss.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

It would be helpful if there are multiple members tied to one account that one could move seamlessly between members. When providing support with attachments it would be good to have a portal within the application itself versus an email with a Dropbox link.

IdentityForce response

Thank you, Michael for sharing your feedback on IdentityForce. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed they have reached out via phone to assist. . We would be happy to discuss your account in greater detail, so please let us know. Our U.S. based Member Services team is available to address your concerns.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

IdentityForce has returned my call and my account is cancelled and I have a refund.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Good luck cancelling. They stole my money. If you forget your password, good luck getting it back. I must have made a dozen guesses at the name of my first girlfriend and they were all rejected. I tried emailing customer service and they never replied. Finally I called up and was told someone would have to call me back. Well, I wasn't available when they returned the call. So I called them again and got another call back a few days later.

This time I was able to answer. The person I talked to seemed competent and nice and I was able to get my password reset. Since the whole purpose of getting my password reset was to cancel the service, I asked if she could turn off the auto-renew and she claimed she had done that for me. So you can imagine how upset I was to see a new $179 renewal charge from them. How ironic, the company I use to protect my money has stolen from me. I felt so betrayed.

Now I've made 2 calls to try to remedy this and each time they say I'll get a call back because the operators who have the power to do anything are all busy. It's been a few days and I haven't received a call back. It seems like it costs them virtually nothing to operate the services they provide, yet they charge $179 and apparently don't pay enough to hire a full staff to offer reasonable support. Also note that fear is what motivates people to use such a service. They will try to stoke your fear with unsolicited marketing emails they send in the guise of informing you about the threats you face.

IdentityForce response

We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you experienced with your membership. Our Member Services team has been in touch with you today and resolved the issue regarding your account. Again, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had, and hope that in the future, you will perhaps give us another chance.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I became aware of fraud using my info last week. I confirmed with the bank that made the inquiry but I was unable to reach you by phone. I was also unable to log in on 9/10 then I got locked out. I called for help and was told by someone in your 'phone bank' that all she could do was take my number and have a tech person call me. I didn't get that callback for 4 days and in the meantime I was able to log in on 9/11 and file a report. I still haven't received a response on that report. I think we need a identity security firm that can be reached 24/7. We're seriously thinking of moving to another company.

IdentityForce response

Diane, thank you for the feedback on IdentityForce. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and any frustration you are having. To ensure we get things back on track for you quickly, one of our U.S. based Identity Resolution Specialists will contact you today to help resolve these issues. Thank you for being a valuable IdentityForce member and putting your trust in us to protect what matters most

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

While the alerts are helpful and the information is helpful. I am not happy about having to leave my number multiple times and send multiple requests to cancel the service as of September 29th, 2021. I have been requesting this for two weeks now.

IdentityForce response

Thank you Kim for sharing your feedback on IdentityForce. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed they were able to walk through your IdentityForce plan and help resolve the issues you were having. Thanks again for being a valued IdentityForce member and we look forward to helping you protect your sensitive personal and financial information.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I have tried for the last 3 days to get in touch with someone or access my accounts so that I could update my credit card info for a payment due 9/15. As a result the payment has not been made. I even sent two emails with no response. If I am unable to access my accounts how am I supposed to keep track of my credit and does this mean you are not keeping track of it either. I am fed up. I have been told repeatedly someone will return my call but I have received no calls. I even tried resetting my password and the promise of an email telling me how to do it never appeared. It is beginning to make me wonder if there is a problem with the company. It would be appreciated if you could at least respond to this email.

IdentityForce response

Stephanie, we appreciate the feedback regarding your IdentityForce membership. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed that on 9/16/2021 they spoke with you and resolved the login issues. Thanks again for being a valued IdentityForce member and we look forward to helping you protect your sensitive personal and financial information.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

My saga with your company is too long to write here. YOU HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER. I WILL NOT RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION. I have tried repeatedly to contact your customer service UNIT and no one call me back. YOU CAN'T MANAGE YOUR COMPANY IN OR OUT OF A PAPER BAG!

IdentityForce response

Thank you Austin for sharing your feedback on IdentityForce. Our U.S. based Member Services team confirmed they were able to walk through your IdentityForce plan and help resolve the issues you were having. Thanks again for being a valued IdentityForce member and we look forward to helping you protect your sensitive personal and financial information.

IdentityForce Company Information