3.21/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an identity theft protection provider?

14 IdentityForce Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I spent a long time searching for what I thought would be the best Idenity Protection for my needs. I decided to go with Identity Force. For the plan I chose the advertised amount was $189.50 or $18.95 per month. When I received my bank statement I was charged $199.50. STRIKE 1. It takes a long time to set up your account. Once completed I felt “more protected” than ever before. That was short lived when one of my credit cards was comprised and no alert was ever sent to me!!! STRIKE 2.

When I called IdentityForce, the tech was not the friendly helpful person as promised in the ad, instead he was any but and questioned how I completed my profile. Once I told him, he responded with a very condescending question about a second backup I was supposed to do with all of my accounts. Nowhere did I read such a thing. If I missed it it’s because their site is NOT easy to navigate, especially for those of us who are not super computer savvy. This became much too complicated. STRIKE 3 Your Out! I called the following day to cancel my subscription after 2 months. When I received my bank statement instead of being charged $18.50 per day I was charged $30 per day! From the very start IdentityForce did not keep up with their promises!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I was canceled with no warning or email. The second time after I found out to get this fixed "their fault" and going I called to check on the account after a few months and was told they can't find me and I was being debited for 6 months already. It took 2 days for them to find out why. And wouldn't refund any money when I went to cancel them.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My credit reporting agency notified me about a few things that weren't reported by IdentityForce, and then I discovered I had an email account in my name from years ago that I didn't open, with an address that I never lived at registered to an eBay account! Thanks to the IRS for that discovery of all people. The worst part is that when I called I was told that my particular package did not cover that sort of thing! So I paid for an identity theft protection service that didn't protect my identity except from a limited list of sources? Naturally unsatisfied with this I requested a refund for my last month's billing, which was taken out only the earlier that same day. I was denied the refund completely, and the agent told me that I should have reviewed the available plans more carefully. Blaming the customer for the failures of a service is never a good way win trust, IdentityForce. Do better.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I spent $359 to sign up for the UltraSecure+Credit Family Plan. Their marketing states this covers two adults and unlimited children 25 years and younger. When I went to add my children, I discovered they ONLY monitor the kid's social security numbers and DO NOT provide any of the other services under this plan (credit cards, bank accounts, driver's license, etc.). I'm so disappointed because I thought my entire family would receive the same coverage under the "Family Plan". I confirmed this with their customer service rep over the phone when I tried to add my kids to the plan.

People should understand IdentityForce advertising is misleading and your children will NOT receive all of the protection the plan was supposed to offer. At a minimum, they should have indicated that children get only minimal protection on the family plan (and not wait until parents get signed up and pay before they realize the minimal coverage for kids). Now my choice is to pay another $199/year for EACH of my three kids if I want them to have the same coverage my wife and I have. That would be $956 for a family of five. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I like the way IdentityForce makes me feel secure and safe with them helping me protect my identity. They provide excellent customer service and are the nicest individuals over the phone. It also has great time services for the toll-free number. They are very courteous and helpful when needed. I never get an attitude even if I ask 100 questions and they always answer back to my email. They are very professional and I trust them. IdentityForce provides me with peace of mind and the price is affordable, unlike the other identity theft companies. I wish they were well known like LifeLock because they are better. I love them. But maybe they can provide a live chat session when you have more personable questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityForce?

Original review: July 29, 2017

I chose this company because it was recommended to me by a few people I know. I signed up for a free trial and I enjoyed having the service and the peace of mind since it's impossible to keep your personal information off of the internet these days. It is fairly priced for the service provided. I like that customer service is always there to answer any questions that I may have as well. Also, I like that I can feel confident that no one will use my identity for their own personal gain as long as I have this company on my side.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have been pleased with the services they provide. They follow up with me on a regular basis. I like knowing my data is secure and safe. I don't worry about identity problems with their help. It puts my mind at ease. I have had troubles in the past and IdentityForce makes me feel better about everyday things. But it is a little pricey, the price outweighs the benefits that the service provides.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Keeping my information safe and secure is very important that's why I love to use this service. I love the fact that I can count on them to keep my credit cards and online security information protected. I also like the fact that no matter what happens they notify me and get the problem resolved quickly. They give you the best protection for a very cheap price. But they could make the app better to use and make all the features way easier to find. Some features on the app can be very difficult to find when you are looking for something or it takes to much time to find it. But overall the company is amazing, they worked with me very well.

Original review: July 22, 2017

This service has 24 hour services that monitor identity theft. I was amazed at the features and insurance offered. I tried it because they offered a free trial before you have to pay. It makes me feel like I am protected around the clock and will be notified by alerts if any weird activities occur. It give me the software to see how my information is being used and access to my credit score. Also, I like that it will monitor my Social security number, bank accounts, and passwords. It is great to have these features across all of my accounts. I like that it offers up to one million dollars insurance too.

However, I think there should be a feature to see if a company is trustworthy enough to give them my information. A list to show all the reputable companies that my information is not being misused. A way to search a company to make sure they have not been accused of fraud or identity theft. I would want to know if a company have been hacked before.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I felt that my information was safe with IdentityForce. It was easy to manage & monitor my profile, and I never had any problems with services/questions. I had no doubts that my identity was secure & protected. But if I could change anything about the IdentityForce service & company based on my personal experiences, then I would want it to be less expensive (free would be in my opinion ideal). I do not regularly do anything which requires personal/unique identification or that which makes me uniquely identifiable, but when I do I know that IdentityForce protects me. I would recommend to anyone IdentityForce.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

It was great. I got treated right by everyone. It was amazing and I would love to come back and enjoy myself over and over again. Praise all of them. :)

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Average service, they were able to help me with any technical difficulties I had with the setup. If I had any questions they were answered, sometimes within a reasonable response time. Costs were average, nothing special, but not too steep. I would recommend this service to another. This is a service I feel that is more than needed. The monitoring service to me personally is the same as a credit report, you can control what's going on in your life, as far as credit score and your finances. The service is reliable, but also is a kind of a useless service, as nowadays, all credit cards and debit cards have fraud protection on them to prevent this type of issue.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Good customer service by this company. Cost was reasonable. Monitoring was responsive and extensive. I felt like this company was technical and reliable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service was always very quick, polite and professional. Even when I called highly upset because the Internal Revenue Service found an issue they didn't catch. But, that may have just been my luck. It's pretty bad. They were a very kind and hardworking group from what I remember. Other than the one problem I had, which ended up not being that big of a deal, it just delayed my refund a couple of months, I have no other complaints.

Not sure about IdentityForce?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Identity Theft Protection for you.

IdentityForce expert review by Rob Douglas

Headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, IdentityForce is a provider of identity theft protection with over 35 years of experience in helping protect people’s privacy. The company is focused on providing security solutions for individuals, families and businesses to safeguard against identity theft.

• UltraSecure PLan: With the UltraSecure plan, IdentityForce monitors public and online forums for SSN and credit card usage, alerts consumers for potential threats and offers 24/7 restoration services. The UltraSecure plan costs $12.95 per month or $129.50 per year.

• UltraSecure+Credit plan: The UltraSecure+Credit plan offers all the perks of the UltraSecure plan and adds three-bureau credit reports, daily credit monitoring, monthly credit score tracking and a credit score simulator. UltraSecure+Credit costs $18.95 per month or $189.50 per year.

• Business and government plans: With IdentityForce’s business plans, clients can make identity protection part of an employee benefits package. Business that partner with IdentityForce also access to RapidResponse, the company’s data breach response plan.

• Free 30-day trial: IdentityForce offers consumers a free trial for 30 days to test out the company's services.

• Medical identity theft: IdentityForce offers specialized medical identity theft protection. This type of protection keeps you safe in case someone tries to use your identity to pay for medical expenses.

• Best for: families, individuals, businesses and people with frequent medical visits.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
    Rob Douglas

Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

IdentityForce Company Information

1978
    40 Speen Street, Suite 403
    Framingham
    MA
    www.identityforce.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business