2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

3.6/5 (1170 ratings)

About Experian

Experian is a credit reporting bureau that helps consumers understand and improve their credit scores. Companies pull credit reports from Experian when they do background checks or make lending decisions. With Experian Boost, you can add your utility, phone, cable and internet bills to your credit report, which boosts your credit score if you make on-time payments. For a monthly cost, Experian also monitors and protects your credit from identity theft and fraud.

Pros

• Business credit services available
  • Instant Boost program

Cons

• No in-person service

Bottom Line

Experian offers credit monitoring, identity theft protection and credit boosting services. Free and paid options are available.

Experian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?

Original review: July 2, 2021

When I signed up for Experian to see what was on my report, my credit score was at a 515 and I had quite a few negative items. After paying off some things and disputing items my score went up significantly. I was able to get approved for the suggested credit cards and within 60 days my score went up over 150 points and all negative items were successfully removed. Experian gives weekly updates on my credit usage and tips to keep my utilization down so I won’t make the same terrible mistakes I made previously. I will be purchasing my first home by September. I recommend Experian over the other credit sites since they give the most accurate ratings.

Original review: July 1, 2021

It's a great app. I personally increase my score by 40 point in my first 3 month. You can optional Link your Bank account for better result. By doing that I have increase my score by 19 point along with my cellphone Bill on time payment every month. Do not be afraid. It's simple and safe. They will automatic scan your Bank account every month to help you increase your score and the best thing is that you can unlink the Bank account anytime.

Original review: June 27, 2021

The free version allows you to view your score, your credit card accounts with payment history, basically the full credit report. It will also do a dark web search to see if your details come up in any questionable sites. It will also send emails when your score changes, even by a point. Overall, a great way to see how your credit score changes over time. Only minus is that if need to update any of your details online, the process takes time and it might not yield any results. Better to do it the old-fashioned way, by calling.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Having simple access to my credit report 24/7 has been invaluable over the past 3 years since I have had to move twice. I have been able to put myself to the top of the pile of applications by providing a printed copy of my Experian report directly to the landlord/manager, without them having to pay a fee or use their time to retrieve it themselves. The emails Experian sends out helps you to easily learn about what is important to your credit score and the stats provided help you keep a close eye on your credit. I convinced a few others to sign up for their free account. If anything negative gets posted to your credit report, you are notified and can nip the problem in the bud. I am grateful for my Experian online account.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

They monitor my credit cards and I saw a 248.00 charge from a gas station in Italy. It wasn't me. They took care of filing the fraud report after I told them it was fraud. They show me regularly ups and downs in my credit cards. What's missing is not showing changes in bank accounts. If I withdraw 5000.00 there is no mention of it. I have had my private info stolen from my work place, my utility bill, and a card scanned at Macy's by a deceptive young woman, which ended up spending money in NYC. Again not me. I would like to be notified when bank accounts are used.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Well I really liked this site because it's so easy to use and it's quick and there's actually live people there talk to you through anything you need to get done and also the customers and the workers are just fantastic.

Original review: July 10, 2021

They offer complete details on my credit report, offer ideas how to improve my credit and what to look for that would hurt my credit, and available to answer my questions if any arise. By following many of their ideas and suggestions I have been able to stay on top of my credit and keep it at an acceptable level.

Original review: July 9, 2021

There should be more credit tools to choose from free to subscription adding tools to the package like freeze, lock, ID protection, reimbursements range should measure to your income, credit, free to the amount you check. All forums should be added as such to empower all.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Easy of use, always keeping the user updated on anything impacting our credit. Up to date scores and frequent too. Is a great tool to manage and improve credit score. Love their self-reported accounts feature that helps improve the scores.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I was part of a data breach. I was to get free services for one year and monitoring... They did not honor either of them and then I had to fight with them and my bank to get my money back. I absolutely do not recommend them at all.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Tried to enable Experian boost and it never worked for me. I did everything right and Experian could not get it up and running correctly. Major disappointment as it would have increased my credit score. I pay off my cards every month and have not missed any card payments, or had any late card payments, and my score is not increasing as much or as fast as it should.

Original review: July 5, 2021

They control my score and do not edit for mistakes, yet they want to sell me a program to up my score with them. I would think the FTC should put a correction upon the company, basically a unethical practice.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Experian is always up to date, offering consumers information right at your fingertips. The site is very user-friendly, convenient, and notifies you on a regular basis about your credit scores, opportunities, available services and more. It is a safe site so you can feel confident about using it on a regular basis. This is the only credit check site my husband and I ever use.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I like that they send you your Experian score every day and credit card offers. I use it to lock my credit. My only complaint is that you pay a monthly fee and if you want to look at all 3 you have to pay 3 times the monthly rate to do that, and they don't say if you click you will be charged. I think they should offer it for free at least 4 times a year.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I usually get the score of my credit through my credit card services. It indicates the score and what are the applicable changes due to the recent activities. I can look at the activities and determine if I recognize them.

Experian Company Information