2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5
Based on 1,160 ratings submitted in the last year

Experian is a credit reporting bureau that helps consumers understand and improve their credit scores. Companies pull credit reports from Experian when they do background checks or make lending decisions. With Experian Boost, you can add your utility, phone, cable and internet bills to your credit report, which boosts your credit score if you make on-time payments. For a monthly cost, Experian also monitors and protects your credit from identity theft and fraud.

Experian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Experian?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Said I have no credit rating! I kid you not have a 726 score with these idiots. Told me to how get some accounts and start a credit history. Have 749 and 740 on the other 2 credit and had 726 on Experian then all the sudden I have no score at all!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

The credit report is not reliable and does not reflect customer’s accurate and up-to-date information. Specifically, I updated my name change to all lenders through their online systems, and my credit history with Transunion and Equifax both have my correct credit history of 7+ years, 25 active opening accounts out of 28, and name updated. Compared to my credit report with Experian, it only reflects my credit history after my name changed with total of 3 opening accounts and 2-year length in credit.

Instead of offering a solution to correct customer’s credit history, the operator suggests me to call 25 lenders to request them notify Experian to update customer’s information, according to their company’s policy. Not mentioning the fact that Transunion and Equifax both have my information corrected, Experian should at least be able to retrieve my credit history under my previous name and bring all of them over when they updated my name. If they updated my information and my history was gone from your system, it likely that they create my new identity without bringing my credit history over.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I tried several times on different dates to connect an agent or on chat line. Every time I had to wait for a long time about 20-30 minutes and either got disconnected or asked me to try later. Experian needed to improve their customer support service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Report with wrong, confused and outdated information. I contacted many times this company to correct the information, but unsuccessful. The information in report is not checked. If somebody is wrong and want to make me bad he use Experian. Bad experience. I think this company is not serious.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Experian gave me a year of free service due to a data breach. In the past year they've sent me (2) separate email alerts concerning attempts to establish new accounts on my credit report. In following up on each alert, I ended up spending hours on the phone with employees who had absolutely no knowledge of why I had been contacted by their company. In both instances I spoke with the credit card companies Experian claimed to have been recipient of the "new account" attempts and in both instances they had no record of the attempts cited by Experian. So far Experian has been unable to explain these alerts. Huge waste of time. Would love to get to the bottom of this with Experian....

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I wasn't able to unlock my credit through the app so I called.. I was on hold for 10 minutes, someone (that barely spoke English) answered and after I said I need to unlock my credit, he said he'd transfer me. On hold another 20 minutes before I realized they closed 10 minutes earlier with no indication on the phone... I had a very nice guy waiting during that time to run my credit. Seriously?? After reading the other reviews, I'm going to find another credit monitoring service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I was a victim of Identity Theft in 2019, I just discovered that I am blocked out of Experian website and that my contact information has been changed. I have tried to get in contact with a live person in Experian without success. I just get sent into Auto Attendant Hell, and since my information has been changed by the Identity thieves the system kicks me off the phone. I had mailed written instructions to all credit bureaus last year, but Experian is the only one I did not receive a reply from. Terrible service support, I would, if you have a choice, recommend you ask your creditors to use another credit agency. Identity Theft is stressful enough but having to deal with Experian make the stress so much worse.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I just received notice from Experian, that my credit score decreased. They decreased my credit score by 13-POINTS for no other reason than paying my revolving accounts in full and leaving them with zero balances. One would think you'll get rewarded for paying your bills in full, not penalized. This is Experian for you, they do not follow the guidelines used by the other credit reporting agencies, but theirs.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I use all three credit bureaus. I've had my identity stolen in the past as well as fraudulent charges to some of my credit accounts. You can elect to lock your credit report at all three bureaus. This keeps folks from being able to use your information to commit fraud of various kinds. Experian is the only one that makes you pay for this ability to lock your account. This should not be the case. Anyone who has an account at the credit bureaus should be able to lock or unlock their accounts online with having to pay for the service. The other credit bureaus do this. Experian wants $24.99 a month for this service. If all three credit bureaus asked this much for a service, it would be $75.00 a month! This is what I call highway robbery.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Received notice this week that there was a data breach at Sam's Club where my husband and I have an account. Notice included a bunch of legalese and a 1 year membership to Experian with an Activation Code and and Engagement Number. Tried to sign up online but Activation Code was "invalid". Called Customer Service number provided by the same notice. Customer Service rep Debra hung up on me as I went to get my spouse on the phone for me to proceed. Rude!

Experian Company Information