Identity Guard

4.6(138)

About Identity Guard

Identity Guard is an identity protection company that offers monitoring services and comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats. The company has a variety of plans, and it monitors and notifies you of any changes or alterations to your account.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Monitors for account changes
  • Easy-to-use app
  • Range of plans
Cons
  • Advanced plans can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Co, CO

Identity Guard seemed the most robust among others so I went with them. I had been living abroad and Identity Guard was sort of a way for me to keep tabs on what was going on here...

Verified
Tampa, FL

I receive alerts from Identity Guard. At the beginning, it was more active. And it is nice. If I tried to open an account, they immediately detect that I am opening an account and...

What is Identity Guard?

Identity Guard provides identity protection monitoring services and software to help prevent your identity from being stolen. Its services range from monitoring the web for your information to identity guard insurance. It helps protect your privacy and prevent your accounts and information from being used fraudulently. It also lets you track this vital information with the company’s easy-to-use dashboard.

You can use the Identity Guard app to get access to all notifications, including additional access to alerts, credit information, changes to public records, addresses, accounts and apps in your name and the latest news on identity theft incidents.

Identity Guard Plans

Identity Guard has options for personal, family and business plans. The Value plan for an individual is the cheapest plan and covers basic identity protection, including data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and safe browsing.

The Total and Ultra plans for personal use add protection such as bank account monitoring, credit score tracking, criminal monitoring and more. Family plans offer the same packages and protections but for more people. Business plans focus on breach response, but the company also offers a basic and more advanced option.

Identity Guard Pricing

Users can pay annually or monthly contracts with any plan. At the time of publication, the Value plan starts at $6.67. Prices climb to $19.99 for the Ultra plan, which offers the most coverage. You can get a Family Value plan for only $10 per month, a Total plan for $13.33 or a high-coverage Ultra plan for $26.67. Business plans range from $36 to $265 per year.

Identity Guard FAQ

Where is Identity Guard located?

Identity Guard is based in Herndon, Virginia.

How does Identity Guard work?

All you have to do is choose your security plan and then create an account with Identity Guard with information like your name, birthday and social security number.

Is Identity Guard worth the money?

Identity Guard is a good investment in cybersecurity. For most people or businesses, it’s worth the money to know that their personal information is secure.

Is Identity Guard safe?

Yes, Identity Guard’s identity theft software is safe and a good investment. The company offers a variety of plans that fit different budgets and provide varying levels of protection. Customers looking for everything from basic coverage to advanced protection options should be able to find a plan that offers what they need. If you’re interested in protecting your personal information, visit Identity Guard’s website to choose the plan that’s right for you.

Stars Rating

• 74%
  • 11%
  • 14%
  • 0%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 18, 2024

I had some problems with credit cards. I called in to talk to them and it was recommended that I bump up to have more protection. The rep was super nice, patient and explanatory, knew what he was talking about. I'm pleased. There was an AT&T problem with their records getting hacked recently and I was one of the ones who got hacked. They were offering me Experian. I called to talk to someone to see if I needed both and they said no. If I had Identity Guard, I wouldn't need to buy the others.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

I was hacked and the hacker got my social security number as well as my credit card number. They charged $5,000 on a credit card to Nordstrom that I don't even have, which was why I got Identity Guard. I went over some things with the rep and got the service set up. It makes me mad that I have to pay for it because of the whole situation. But it’s fine. I have to pay to protect my information. I did nothing wrong so it aggravates me but it is what it is. I'm thankful that there are people out there that can help me. So, I'm good with it. I got an email from something and I called Identity Guard and everything seems to be fine. They’re watching everything. So that's all I need.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

I had inadvertently put my information out to an individual who was not a relative whom I thought I was speaking with through texting. So, I looked Identity Guard up. I've been with them for a year now and I get monthly reports on whether or not any of my identity or any of my information is on the dark web. I contacted Identity Guard and let them know that I had taken care of all this from my end of it and they didn't have to do anything else after that. I spoke to one of the agents and he knew exactly where it was and when it was opened up. He had all the appropriate information. He couldn't tell the name of the store but that was a given. I had no idea that it was a "credit card" and not a rewards card. They notified me about it so quickly and it was peace of mind, more than anything.

The service provided by Identity Guard costs only 240 a year. They contact me six months before my membership expires and if I want to stay with them, all I have to do is give them a 30-day notice. This is my second year with them. I am not computer-savvy but there’s a phone number that I could call and a live person on the other end. The reps were very personable.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

Somebody compromised my credit card and my checking account. This transport company was hacked. The one check that I got back from the bank was the perfect match. And I knew it that night when I got the report that my checking account had a zero balance. So, I looked at it and looked at the check, called the bank and had them put a hold on all my accounts. I went to the bank and we sorted it out. They gave me my money back. So, Identity Guard didn't get involved.

The only thing that bothered me was when I found this issue out, I went to the local police and they said, "The bank and the credit card company made you whole, so there's no issue." When I got the letter from this transport company that they had been hacked and this is how everything happened, that was four months later. The bank said, "That case is already closed." And the police said, "It's not in our jurisdiction." So, everybody let it go. Everybody washed their hands of it. And whoever did it is still probably doing it.

In order to do stuff on my credit card, they changed my address and a bunch of things, and Chase was very reluctant to help me get it fixed. I went to Identity Guard and they told me what I had to do. Chase kept back and said, "No, no, no." And I said, "I'm gonna sue you because you gave him the information that he shouldn't have." They helped the hacker because you can get passwords fixed any time, but you gotta know the login ID. Because they had all my personal information, the person gave my login ID.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

It's been going well with Identity Guard. I have the plan that monitors my credit reports and I receive emails about my credit reports. I talked to customer service when I had to renew my subscription and it went well. I've seen some of those type of service on the market that are relatively lower compared to what I currently pay with Identity Guard but overall, I'm satisfied with the product.

Reviewed June 1, 2024

Lately, our experience with them has not been so good. My husband passed away, so we had to put him on my heritage account and I've had trouble accessing it. I can't get in. I've called and they were gonna have somebody call me back but I have not heard back. I've never had an issue with them before, so I hate to ding them on it. But it is troubling to me and I've been a little frustrated with that. But they do a good job and they send notices.

Staff

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Identity Guard's reps were professional and capable. I've always been happy with how they handle things and I'm happy with the value for the service.

Price

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Purchased plan for 12 months, then cancelled prior to renewal. Never notified of anything whatsoever except charge for renewal. Apparently cancellation never recorded at ID, hence company charged me for another year. Refused to refund next year's payment.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

They're pretty good. I've been to their website and it's pretty good too.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

We purchased the family plan. Our experience with them has been very good and I'm satisfied with the service. My wife had opened something at Dillard's and used a credit card to save money and they alerted. But sometimes, I call in and they say, "We can't find your account." I would like more direct access when I need it. Other than that, the service makes me feel more comfortable.

Identity Guard Company Information