Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.35/5
Save 33% on standard and premium plans
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Identity Guard is an identity protection company that offers monitoring services and comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats. The company has a variety of plans, and it monitors and notifies you of any changes or alterations to your account.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Identity Guard’s pricing is competitive for the amount of services it offers, and the software is a good investment to protect your identity and account security. The more advanced plans can be pricey.

PROS

• Monitors for account changes
  • Easy-to-use app
  • Range of plans

CONS

• Advanced plans can be pricey

Top Identity Guard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Identity Guard seemed the most robust among others so I went with them. I had been living abroad and Identity Guard was sort of a way for me to keep tabs on what was going on here because I wasn't here to make sure that nobody was using my information. Signing up was pretty simple.

I receive alerts from Identity Guard. At the beginning, it was more active. And it is nice. If I tried to open an account, they immediately detect that I am opening an account and that’s perfect.

Identity Guard Get Started

What is Identity Guard?

Identity Guard provides identity protection monitoring services and software to help prevent your identity from being stolen. Its services range from monitoring the web for your information to identity guard insurance. It helps protect your privacy and prevent your accounts and information from being used fraudulently. It also lets you track this vital information with the company’s easy-to-use dashboard.

You can use the Identity Guard app to get access to all notifications, including additional access to alerts, credit information, changes to public records, addresses, accounts and apps in your name and the latest news on identity theft incidents.

Identity Guard Plans

Identity Guard has options for personal, family and business plans. The Value plan for an individual is the cheapest plan and covers basic identity protection, including data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and safe browsing.

The Total and Ultra plans for personal use add protection such as bank account monitoring, credit score tracking, criminal monitoring and more. Family plans offer the same packages and protections but for more people. Business plans focus on breach response, but the company also offers a basic and more advanced option.

Identity Guard Pricing

Users can pay annually or monthly contracts with any plan. At the time of publication, the Value plan starts at $6.67. Prices climb to $19.99 for the Ultra plan, which offers the most coverage. You can get a Family Value plan for only $10 per month, a Total plan for $13.33 or a high-coverage Ultra plan for $26.67. Business plans range from $36 to $265 per year.

Identity Guard FAQ

Where is Identity Guard located?
Identity Guard is based in Herndon, Virginia.
How does Identity Guard work?
All you have to do is choose your security plan and then create an account with Identity Guard with information like your name, birthday and social security number.
Is Identity Guard worth the money?
Identity Guard is a good investment in cybersecurity. For most people or businesses, it’s worth the money to know that their personal information is secure.

Is Identity Guard safe?

Yes, Identity Guard’s identity theft software is safe and a good investment. The company offers a variety of plans that fit different budgets and provide varying levels of protection. Customers looking for everything from basic coverage to advanced protection options should be able to find a plan that offers what they need. If you’re interested in protecting your personal information, visit Identity Guard’s website to choose the plan that’s right for you.

Identity Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I’m conservative financially by nature and I have several members of my family that are at a point in their life where they could potentially get themselves into credit conundrum. So, I make sure that everybody is protected and don't do anything foolish or have anything foolish done to their accounts when they’re young. That was my collective best interest to do. Name every company over the past 20 years and I’ve used them all. I’m agnostic to switching, so it comes down to price point and ease of using the site. I tend to like the services that push notifications to you rather than you having to actually go into the site and see if there's been any new activity. I like the alerts and Identity Guard does that, which I appreciate.

There's nothing that significantly differentiates Identity Guard from all these different services. Everybody provides $1,000,000-worth of liability insurance. Everybody seems to have a similar dashboard when you enter. I switched so much since I have five different people in my family that I have accounts on and some of the services will only let you sign up four people, which means I got to sign up four people in one, and then have a separate for fifth. So, I wind up usually having two services going at the same time. In this case, I do but it's been working out fine. Identity Guard does what they’re supposed to do and they do it well.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for your review, David! We're honored to have the opportunity to help protect you and your family.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Years ago, I was with another company and I experienced my information being abused three times from the same bank. Each time, they froze my account 'cause they said they saw suspicious activities. However, they never contacted me and neither did the company that's supposed to be protecting me. When we pulled things up, we found out that my account number was being used in Illinois and Las Vegas. I have a Rogue SUV and there's no way in the world I could get $500 worth of gasoline on that Rogue. When things like that happened three different times within a year, I was never told that there was suspicious activity. The only reason that I found out each time was that I was at a restaurant to pay for my food and my card was declined.

I left that bank, and I wasn't happy with the other company, so I stopped the identity guard thing altogether. I'm like, “I'm better just watching things myself." I understand how important it is to protect one's identity though. Senior citizens get hit more than anybody to some degree. I'm a senior citizen who will be 69 years old in a few months and my daughter suggested I come with Identity Guard. She set everything up for me as well. She has been with them for some time and she really liked them. If you're going to choose one at this point, this is the company to go with because thus far, since I have been with them, I have had no complaints.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I wanted identity theft protection and Identity Guard had a pretty good reputation. I got their middle plan which is like $15 a month. I’ve had very few issues and customer service has been great. You never know what's lurking out there. I've gotten a few emails from Identity Guard about breaches from different companies that I've done business with. That's always a good heads up. My wife got one on CafePress and she immediately changed her password. It's little things like that. You can take proactive action if you get a heads up. Identity Guard is one of those things that you take for granted, but they are actually doing a great job. Identity Guard should stay diligent and protect the people that worked hard for whatever they have and keep it from people or entities that are trying to take something for nothing.

Identity Guard response

We're happy that our alerts have enabled you and your family to take fast action, Eric! Thank you for your review.

Original review: June 27, 2020

There are so many services and it's so hard to evaluate one versus the other. The guy who sits next to me at work uses Identity Guard, and he was happy with them. He didn't have any issues, so I went with them as well. I get a monthly email and I log in and check every month. I take a look at how things are and as long as everything looks okay, I'm done. I have my whole family on Identity Guard (myself, my wife and the two kids) and none of us has ever had an issue that we had any questions. They've done a good job as far as giving me alerts too. If I do anything (get a new credit card or whatever), I always get alerts.

I can see my credit score as well. We recently applied for a home equity loan that we haven't used, but I got updates from Identity Guard. They did a full credit investigation on myself and my wife. Every step of the way, Identity Guard kept us up on everything that was going on, so I was pleased with that. All in all, it's a good thing to have and it's something everybody should do. I've had them for a while and I've never had an issue with anything to do with my credit.

Identity Guard response

Hi Gary, thank you for your review! We're honored to have the chance to help protect your family and that you're pleased with Identity Guard's service and alerts.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I signed up yesterday, and immediately starting putting all of mine and my husband’s information into the database. It is very easy to do, and I like it better than the last company I have since we can both can use the same company. Here is my issue. I put my cell on “Do Not Disturb” during the night. When I woke up, I had several messages from AMEX. Since Identity Guard charged my AMEX card during the night, it set off a chain of events. The billing for Identity Guard comes across as “Intersections” on the credit card, so AMEX immediately froze my account. Since I had placed other orders on Amazon yesterday, it denied all of those purchases. I am a little concerned that Identity Guard when billed is called Intersections. It makes me nervous that this is actually legit.

Identity Guard response

Hi Ann-Marie, we're glad to hear that enrollment was quick and easy! Identity Guard's parent company was previously named Intersections Inc, which is why that name came through on your billing statement. Our parent company has since re-branded to the name Aura. More information on our company can be found here: https://auracompany.com/about

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I was looking for a home and wanna check out my credit and then I stayed with it.

Identity Guard response

We're glad that Identity Guard could help, Sandra! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I have Never dealt with customer service, but overall I am please with company. I get regular reports and my credit score every month. I compare it with another free ID company and it seems to be very close to that.

Identity Guard response

We're glad to hear you've been satisfied with Identity Guard, Sylvia! Let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to help.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I use Identity Guard as monitoring. Whenever there's a credit check or anything, they send me an email and I look into it. The service is pretty good. I've had no problems so far.

Identity Guard response

Hi Inderjit, thank you for your review! We're glad you haven't had any issues with your Identity Guard service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Their customer service is great. They answer your questions and seem to be very knowledgeable. I suppose the service is very good because nobody has stolen my identity.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for leaving Identity Guard a review, Joyce!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I had a plan that was a little lower cost. A friend of mine recommended Identity Guard and I signed up for a plan that included my wife and me. I did that online and it worked fine. It's already been two years since I did that. With Identity Guard, there's one thing less to worry about.

Identity Guard response

Michael, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that having Identity Guard helps you worry less.

Identity Guard Company Information