4.3/5 (50 ratings)

About Identity Guard

Identity Guard is an identity protection company that offers monitoring services and comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats. The company has a variety of plans, and it monitors and notifies you of any changes or alterations to your account.

Pros

• Monitors for account changes
  • Easy-to-use app
  • Range of plans

Cons

• Advanced plans can be pricey

Bottom Line

Identity Guard’s pricing is competitive for the amount of services it offers, and the software is a good investment to protect your identity and account security. The more advanced plans can be pricey.

Top Identity Guard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Identity Guard seemed the most robust among others so I went with them. I had been living abroad and Identity Guard was sort of a way for me to keep tabs on what was going on here...

Verified

I receive alerts from Identity Guard. At the beginning, it was more active. And it is nice. If I tried to open an account, they immediately detect that I am opening an account and...

What is Identity Guard?

Identity Guard provides identity protection monitoring services and software to help prevent your identity from being stolen. Its services range from monitoring the web for your information to identity guard insurance. It helps protect your privacy and prevent your accounts and information from being used fraudulently. It also lets you track this vital information with the company’s easy-to-use dashboard.

You can use the Identity Guard app to get access to all notifications, including additional access to alerts, credit information, changes to public records, addresses, accounts and apps in your name and the latest news on identity theft incidents.

Identity Guard Plans

Identity Guard has options for personal, family and business plans. The Value plan for an individual is the cheapest plan and covers basic identity protection, including data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and safe browsing.

The Total and Ultra plans for personal use add protection such as bank account monitoring, credit score tracking, criminal monitoring and more. Family plans offer the same packages and protections but for more people. Business plans focus on breach response, but the company also offers a basic and more advanced option.

Identity Guard Pricing

Users can pay annually or monthly contracts with any plan. At the time of publication, the Value plan starts at $6.67. Prices climb to $19.99 for the Ultra plan, which offers the most coverage. You can get a Family Value plan for only $10 per month, a Total plan for $13.33 or a high-coverage Ultra plan for $26.67. Business plans range from $36 to $265 per year.

Identity Guard FAQ

Where is Identity Guard located?
Identity Guard is based in Herndon, Virginia.
How does Identity Guard work?
All you have to do is choose your security plan and then create an account with Identity Guard with information like your name, birthday and social security number.
Is Identity Guard worth the money?
Identity Guard is a good investment in cybersecurity. For most people or businesses, it’s worth the money to know that their personal information is secure.

Is Identity Guard safe?

Yes, Identity Guard’s identity theft software is safe and a good investment. The company offers a variety of plans that fit different budgets and provide varying levels of protection. Customers looking for everything from basic coverage to advanced protection options should be able to find a plan that offers what they need. If you’re interested in protecting your personal information, visit Identity Guard’s website to choose the plan that’s right for you.

Identity Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: July 13, 2021

I had Identity Guard years ago. I stopped it for a brief while then picked it back up. I had a really good experience with them so even though it's expensive, I stay with it. I highly recommend it. My mother was in a nursing home, fell and broke her hip in the middle of the night. They couldn't get her to a local hospital, so they had to take her to a hospital that was not affiliated with our nursing home in any way. My mother had been dead for probably a year when the hospital started calling me, telling me that I owed her bills. The nursing home owed them because she was on Medicaid. They kept saying, “We'll pay the bills if they'll fill out the paperwork to be our vendor.” But instead, they kept harassing me. I kept telling them I wasn't gonna pay it. Within minutes of them putting a collection notice on my credit report, Identity Guard let me know and gave me the number to contact the agency that had put it on there. Because of that, within probably an hour, we had it cleared up and it was off my credit report. The reps were wonderful.

Identity Guard response

Hello Nadine, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I worked for a company that had some employee tapes stolen years ago, and although they gave us a year of identity protection, I wanted to continue with that because I felt it was a smart thing to do. I had another monitoring service before and I didn't like them, so I changed to Identity Guard. So far, I've been very pleased and I didn't have the same experience as the other one. They have different levels of packages. I got one around the middle and I thought that was okay. They send me monthly monitoring reports and credit reports whenever I ask for them. I get what I should get for the money that I pay. In fact, I was about to call them in the next few days. I wanted to add something else onto my account for them to monitor.

Whenever I call them, they're perfectly courteous and professional. If I have a question they can't answer, they'll give me the correct avenue to go to to find out what I need to. I understand being an identity bureau, protecting your identity, there are certain things they're not allowed to say or answer to you. My father was scammed as a senior and so I had him sign up with Identity Guard in case we're busy and we're not watching his accounts for him. I set up the account and made up the password. My father didn't even have a computer. Then, I forgot the password. I told them that I pay for it monthly and I signed him up. They said that they couldn't give me a reset. It has to come from him. I get that they did that. Nothing happened with his accounts but I see where they can't help sometimes for the person's own protection. Even though I was unhappy, I was happy.

Identity Guard response

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I got scammed when I was trying to sell my timeshare and they had asked for my information and I ignorantly gave it to them. So to protect myself, I got Identity Guard. I put down all my information, my passport information, my Social Security, everything into the Identity Guard. So if anyone ever tries to use it, I will be notified and they'll protect it.

My experience with Identity Guard has been great. Every single time I check, they notify me if there's any form of pull on my credit. Just like I was putting in an application for a mortgage, I instantly got a ding on my phone from Identity Guard. I just wish there was a little bit more detail in certain aspects of it. But other than that, I really have not had any negative experiences with it.

However, I don't know if it protects my passport from being used illegally, like someone trying to sneak into the country or leave the country. I was trying to look into the description, but they didn't say anything like that. So that's about the only thing that I did not find. I've spoken to them once. But they couldn't answer the question that I was asking with regards to the passport being used. The customer service reps and even the supervisors said, “We've never had to come across a question like that.” But other than that, anytime my Social Security is used, I have been notified. So it's only been used when I've done it. There hasn't been anything that's harmed me as of yet, which is I’m so happy that I have Identity Guard. When I look at the peace of mind, the protection that is offered to knowing that my stuff is secure, that is where it exceeds the value of the money that I pay for it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I am the person in charge at my employer bringing in products and looking for things to help our employees. So Identity Guard with theft was one of the products I brought to market to sell to all our members. I couldn't sell something and not believe in it. But it was the real time nature of Identity Guard and watching those transactions and the credit report and IBM watching. And now, they're even getting more and more ahead where they're starting to offer antivirus protection for certain packages. At the time, I got the Premier Plan and the Premier Family plan. One of the things that led me to that was the social media and as my kids get older, having some social media protection on the kids.

I have an account team that came out and demoed Identity Guard, and goes through everything with me day in and day out. And if I got any questions, I call them. But I'm probably considered more a broker than a user. So I've got the customer service team for brokerage and they take care of everything. The hardest part was when I canceled because I was switching plans. With the way we were rolling it out, I needed to cancel then re-enroll. Identity Guard gave me another three months and they wanted to make sure I didn't cancel and error, and then lose all my data. But I have no negative complaints and for the most purpose, as a regular consumer, I didn't need to reach out because the app worked great. The website was there and I was getting what I needed to get.

As with anything, every little bit adds up but the cost was fair. If I wouldn't have been the one pushing the product and believe in having the protection, it would have been a little hard to swallow. I was paying 27 bucks a month and I probably would not have made that decision to do that if I wasn't selling it, as a consumer. Our plan dropped down to 17 bucks with a lot of the changes and now, we're getting to a lot for more market comparative. Because the thing that Identity Guard fights against a lot is all the free products out there. So, there's value. But if somebody else can do 75% of the stuff that Identity Guard can do, then it's hard to quantify the extra 25 for those prices with a lot of our members.

For a lot of people, 20 bucks can be hard to stomach when they can get some free credit monitoring. That may not be as good, but if they're doing the right things on their end, maybe it's fine and it's easier for them to stomach. The cost is a little high. If people don't have Identity Guard, it is strictly because of cost, not because they don't find the product valuable. Cost is something that needs to count. As technology gets better, as more users come in, cost is an area that Identity Guard can continue to improve in. They're adding more and more value, but sometimes, it doesn't matter how much value you add if cost is already a barrier. It's hard to break through that.

Identity Guard response

Thanks for your review, Bryan. Your security is extremely important to all of us at Aura Identity Guard, which is why we're always building upon and improving our service offerings. From antivirus to identity theft protection and VPN, we've got you covered! Our priority is your peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I was a victim of identity theft and I did extensive research for a company that could monitor my credit, and I came up with Identity Guard. I got the Premier Plan because I wanted the best coverage and service. The identity theft was a jarring experience for me and I wanted to make sure that I was covered. Back when I first had this issue, the reps were trying to help me and they set me up. One of the issues I had was that my mail had been forwarded from the post office by somebody fraudulently. So, they were changing the address on my bank accounts. Now, I would get a call every time there was some type of a change and then I would go and have it corrected. So, that was great.

The experience with Identity Guard was beyond exceptional. For a while there, I had somebody that they had working with me for a while, probably about a month, and that person stayed in constant contact with me. I was very impressed. Identity Guard is probably one of the safest and most reputable companies to go with. I would recommend Identity Guard and I have. So, I'm happy. The identity theft happened a few years ago and I still have Identity Guard. I'm afraid to remove it.

Dear Lauren,

Experiencing identity theft is definitely jarring. We're glad Identity Guard's Premier Plan is now protecting you from future fraud. If you ever need us, we're just a phone call away!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I can't log in. They have trouble finding my account - because I have been with them for a while - they have not transferred my information to their new system. So I am penalized for having been a customer with them for some time. I am having to spend a lot of time just trying to get into my account.

Identity Guard response

Hello Ronald, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We would like to address your concern and provide more details. Please call our Customer Service team.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We went through our financial advisor, who suggested Identity Guard. We were given a couple of different options, and the cost in relation to the quality of the service has been fair.

Identity Guard response

Hello Robert, thank you so much for the review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I really like that they monitor every aspect of the web including the dark web. With fast alert and since 1996. I don't know personally anyone who uses it the this company. I would definitely like to see more of its advertising around, it's a product worth having.

Identity Guard response

Hello DeAnna, thank you so much for the review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I’d recommend Identity Guard. This whole country makes me unrelaxed, and they offer a valuable service. It's good. If I need to see if anything's going on, I can just go right on my app and check. When I reset my password, I called up and the reps assisted me. They clarified, asked me some security questions then took care of business.

Identity Guard response

Hello Thomas, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I thought that I would get information on a daily basis or weekly basis but all I’ve gotten so far are for passwords that they said were messed with and two of them I don’t even recognize and the other two are inconsequential except for my email address which I change the password many times and that was their only suggestion was to change the password so they did me no good.

Identity Guard response

Hello Kathleen, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry you were not happy with your service. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Identity Guard Company Information