Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Identity Guard has the most powerful, comprehensive identity theft protection. Their state-of-the-art artificial intelligence capabilities continuously scour billions of data points to discover vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a "radar" that is always protecting your identity.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)
View More View More
Identity Guard Call Now Toll Free (833) 665-0454 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Identity Guard Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 22, 2020

I am concerned about my 2 daughters' overall web protection and their footprint on the web, my identity protection and people running my credit, and the dark web so I signed up with Identity Guard. I got it direct and I love it. The app is easy to use. Identity Guard gives me a little peace of mind because I have seen it where I have applied for a car loan and the minute it said the loan is applied for, I saw on my phone who they went to. I know my identity is being checked on all the time.

Identity Guard response

We <3 this review! Thank you, John - we're glad we can help provide peace of mind for you and your family.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I had Identity Guard a long time ago back in the late 90's and I stopped using it, and then things started to come up with credit checks so I got it again. I just signed back in through the computer, and the process was great. Their service has been good for me.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for your longstanding membership, Armando! We're happy to have the chance to help protect your identity.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

With the increase in identity theft I decided to seek the help of Identity Guard. I was gonna try to go with the other one, LifeLock, but for some reason, I put all my information and they acted like I was not me, and it was a bunch of trouble. I've had Identity Guard now for a couple of years. I get notifications with stuff that happens. I check it and usually it’s just me doing it, so I'm good. I get a report every month, so that’s good.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I am using a web based version as opposed to an app. Overall, comparing to other services, it is about the same as any other service. I got notifications periodically, but some of them were not useful because they were repeats of older messages. I had had my identity stolen several times and it's a hassle, but it's less of a hassle with credit monitoring because most allow you to lock your credit report. It has stopped a couple of scammers. I got it as a result of Targets credit card debacle, but if I had to pay for it, I might have to think about it.

Identity Guard response

Hi Todd, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to have the chance to help keep your information secure and to lessen the stress of recovering from identity theft.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Product comes at good price. Easy to install. Easy to use. I use the advanced options and have no issues with doing so. Also get extra options from Costco, so an extra benefit for me. Love the product. Would recommend it to others, rather novice or experienced with such programs.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Mary! We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with Identity Guard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: April 30, 2020

I feel a little bit safer. I was one of the many people whose information was part of the whole event that took place on the day of the Equifax breach. I ended up signing up with Identity Guard for that purpose, just to keep an eye on things. I wanted something mostly just for alerts.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This company was charging me for a plan I did not sign up for. It took several months to find out that I allegedly signed up via a yellow postcard. However the postcard I received said I had won a prize and only needed to pay a small shipping fee. It took me 3 times calling and a consumer review to get them to refund my money. The crazy part was I have fraud freezes on all three credit bureaus.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I’ve had Identity Guard for probably 15 years or so. I've never had to use their ”extra services” like the insurance so I can't tell you about that. And I've been reasonably happy with their service, although I found that they do not help out with credit disputes which I think they should... But otherwise it is a great service! Very detailed.

Identity Guard response

Hi Laura, thank you for being such a longstanding member with Identity Guard! We're glad that you've been satisfied with our service and will deliver your feedback regarding credit disputes to the appropriate team to consider as a feature for the future.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I have the premier plan and everything is going pretty good, so I appreciate them.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for your review, Kimberly! We appreciate the chance to help keep your information secure.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I am a member of Identity Guard for the last 7 years. I stayed out of country for couple of years and the support for international customers (essentially when you need to track and monitor the account more closely) is way below expectations. Problems faced:

1. Sometime last year they made the site accessible only to US zone. Which means if you are out of the country you cannot monitor unless you have a VPN service.

2. All my old US cards expired and trying to update my billing with international card does not work. Answer from customer service, "Sorry. We do not support international billing. You need a US card registered to your home address for it to work." Bummer.

So I would not recommend this for people who travel internationally often.

Identity Guard response

Hi Bharathan, thank you for the very valid feedback. Due to the sensitive nature of the information we handle, Identity Guard must comply with a number of security restrictions. One of these restrictions disallows us from opening our user dashboard to website visitors from outside of the United States.

We agree that this isn’t the ideal experience for Identity Guard users who live outside of the United States and apologize for the inconvenience that it’s caused you. We’re always looking to improve our customer experience and have provided your comments to the appropriate team members. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Identity Guard author review by Rob Douglas

Three plan choices for either individuals or families starting at $6.67. Exclusive system that utilizes an artificial intelligence scanning system created by IBM. Secure online tools included.

• Protection plans: Identity Guard’s plans include Value, Total and Premier that range from $6.67–$16.67. All plans include a risk-management score.

• Coverage for families: Each plan can be purchased for either an individual or for a family (covers all adults and children residing in the same household). Family plans range in price from $10–$23.33.

• Secure tools and app included: Identity Guard’s plans include the anti-phishing mobile app, secure online identity dashboard and safe browsing extension.

• Important alerts: A constant-scanning AI will alert you of potential threats, high-risk transactions and any detection of your personal information on the dark web.

• Stolen funds reimbursement: Plans include identity theft insurance that provide stolen funds reimbursement. Coverage varies by plan, but up to $1 million at the Premier level.

• Disclaimer: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

Identity Guard Company Information