Consumer Complaints and Reviews
I spent 4 months working directly with TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. I had dozens of old accounts deleted and inaccuracies corrected; and I got all 3 credit reports 99% accurate and up to date. I bought the 3 in 1 credit report from Identity Guard on 6/27/06 only to find they had all the OLD and INACCURATE information. THEIR information was outdated and when I called, the woman on the phone wanted me to go through every account one at a time. I told her I had already done that and THEY needed to get the latest information but she would not. So I cancelled the "subscription" after just 2 DAYS and they will NOT refund my $24.95. For some reason the supervisor (****) could not comprehend that THEY HAD OLD AND INACCURATE INFORMATION.
Rob DouglasIdentity Theft Protection Contributing Editor
Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.
With nearly 20 years of experience, Identity Guard is a trusted provider of identity theft protection service. A product of Intersections Inc., Identity Guard protects both businesses and consumers. Identity Guard has offices in California, New Mexico and Illinois. Its company headquarters is in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Credit monitoring service: Identity Guard helps protect your credit score by notifying you of any inquiries and offering three-bureau credit report and score updates.
- Data protection: Identity Guard protects consumers’ and businesses’ data with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. These security features include anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software.
- Black market monitoring: Identity Guard monitors online black markets and sends alerts if your SSN, your bank accounts or your registered credit cards are in use or shared.
- Wallet protection: In case your wallet is lost or stolen, Identity Guard helps cancel credit card accounts and gives you access to up to $2,000 in replacement cash during the reimbursement period.
- Free 30-day trial: You can try out Identity Guard’s services for 30 days at no cost.
- Best for consumers who use credit cards, consumers who use online banking software and consumers who want to monitor their credit.
Compare Identity Theft Protection
Identity Guard Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Identity Guard
- Year Founded:
- Identity Guard Customer Service, P.O. Box 222455
- Postal Code:
- United States