Identity Guard

Compare Identity Theft Protection Companies

Research top Identity Theft Protection Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We thought this was the best option based upon reviews I had read. We didn't feel like they were doing anything for us except to pester us with offers for other services. We didn't care much for the service and dropped them within thirty days for a full refund. Have yet to decide upon a replacement service but are still interested and looking. Not worth the money!

I have had a significantly improved experience with my newly installed computer security software from Identity Guard. I chose the service for extra protection and to be alert without much effort. It does a great job with protecting me from hackers and intrusions that continued in their efforts to steal your information. The service that comes with it has people that are ready to secure you whenever you need help. I like its increased security from my previous software which isn't as efficient as this piece of technology. With this identity protection service you are assured of protection. It has done wonders for me and can do great for many more. However, over time, the service can improve in its ingenuity with even greater performance with new innovative technology that will prepare you for any situation.

I chose Identity Guard because it had a 30 day trial and the customer reviews were high in ranking. This company has the first IBM Watson protection that gives this company an advantage over others. They have a variety of products to fit your needs such as individual, family and children plans. It also has a 1 million insurance policy when you subscribe to Identity Guard. They are a more diversed company than any other company and has the most innovative technology for customers to keep their personal information safe and discreet. It also has a far better monthly plan compared to Lifelock. They have a great credit monitoring system and offers credit scores. All in all this is a better company than Lifelock.

My experience with Identity Guard was really good until the prices increased. My credit and identity scores and everything was under close watch and I even received monthly and weekly updates whenever a change was detected in something on my accounts. I paid the same amount consistently for a period of time but then my prices hiked a bit. It was something that threw me off and I really could no longer afford the service so I had to discontinue service.

The company was really great and I felt completely safe in the protection they provided. It was well worth not only the time but the money and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested. I wish I could write a whole article on the great experience I had with this company. Very trustworthy. The only thing that comes to my mind that I would change is possible lower prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

It was a very helpful service. I felt safe knowing my data was secure thanks to this company. I have tried other similar types of companies in the past and this is by far the best I have used. It always felt like if I ever needed to get in contact with them with a question they were readily available at all times. But perhaps their interface could use a little updating.

I only chose this specific service and company because they sent me something in the mail. I dislike the monthly fee to pay for the service. There are other free ways a person can monitor their credit and so many credit cards have their own identity theft program. However, it's great that by having the service you can be protected for up to a million dollars in theft protection. Overall I felt I didn't really need the protection.

My parents used Identity Guard - they had heard about it from advertisements on television/internet. We all purchased after my mom's identity was stolen and after my father lost his wallet. It was easy to use and to purchase and required very little effort from my part. Seems secure, reasonable price and provided reliable information and alerts. I would recommend to my friends and family.

I belonged to Identity Guard for a short time. I did not feel safe because when I had an issue they basically had me do all the work to secure my information. I believe if I am paying for a service they need to meet my expectations. They didn't really help me when my statistics were compromised. However the customer service representatives were very nice and seemed professional.

I like Identity Guard so much. I like the way they do what need to be done and they know what they are doing right. When I need to ask a question about what is going on they are there to answer the question that need to be answered. Also, they protect what need to be protected.

I've been a identity theft victim before and I know first-hand how awful it can turn your whole life upside down and inside out. Identity Guard was the cheapest identity company I looked at. It is absolutely astonishing how they are so little money. For the service they provide it just amazing great. I have had a wonderful experience with Identity Guard. I loved the personal touch it gives me and it's awesome to know that whatever happens I know I will be covered. How could anyone not love that.

I had a very positive experience with Identity Guard because they have great customer service representatives and it is a product that is specialized and does an excellent job protecting myself and my family’s data from hackers. I am also given constant updates. They offer a wide variety of services that I like including credit and bank statement monitoring and heavily encrypted document protection. I am texted immediately if there is a threat and they neutralize it right then.

I did a great deal of research and found Identity Guard to be my best option. The pricing was reasonable and had many options compared to competitors. I wish that it was a bit cheaper but you do get what you pay for. The customer service is fantastic and easily accessible (i.e. phone, text or email) and I'm continuously kept up to date on my account. At times, there is a bit of a delay when attempting to reach customer service by phone but not too often. The system is easy to use and I like that I am able to check my account using my smartphone. I feel much safer having this.

Identity Guard would notify me with any kind of change even though some seemed minuscule. I liked how they would describe to the T what was being done and also if anything was being jeopardized in making my credit worse. I liked that I was able to get emails from the moment they detected anything. They were able to tell me everything that was going on in my credit report right when it was happening. I would like them to be able to text me when something was going on. Email was great but I want to know the moment something was changing either good or bad. Also them telling me what I can do to improve my surroundings helped as well.

Identity Guard offered a 30-day free subscription which helped me to make my decision on whether or not it was something I really needed prior to purchasing the actual subscription. It was a little pricey but it would be good if they had discount programs if you were to never use the services. It was a good experience being as I never had an occurrence where I actually needed it.

A friend of mine recommended this company and I thought I would give it a try. I love all the tools that they have to offer. No one is able to access my identity but if anyone was to try it would set off an alarm to my account. I also love that not only would I be notified but the authority will also be notified immediately and my identity will be locked. I've never had any problems so far, but if I was to have any problems they offer great tracking and useful tools to help me conceal my identity. I am overall satisfied. Everything is done just as I would have it to be. I am a happy customer and I absolutely love my service with this company.

Identity Guard seemed like a top notch service when I signed up. It was clear and to the point. Plus, it was easy to navigate and offered services that interested me. The site was set up well and intro prices were very fair. The customer service was helpful to explain all aspects and I had no issues anytime I called in to inquire about an issue or just get assistance. I felt it was very easy all around to use. I would change the price and add a few features if they have not do so since having cancelled it. I did not need the service any longer and could not keep paying for it.

I have a very favorable opinion of Identity Guard because it delivers what it promises. It has a good dashboard when you log on. But I would like to see a link that would take you directly to it when they send the monthly email so if you wanted to check on something it would be very efficient to do so. It also provides an email each month to tell you whether or not there has been any activity. Mostly, there is no activity and this is reassuring. You don't have to waste time logging on each month unless you have another reason. It gives you peace of mind that no one is using your information to take out credit or make other purchases. It also promises to assist you in the event there is something that is problematic.

Identity Guard offers real time alert and several ways of contact. It lets you personalize your preferred way of contact, security level, how, when, and how often you would like to be contacted. All of this at a competitive price to keep your personal information safe and secure. They also offered a free trial period to see if the software suit you needs. Plus, they were very upfront and transparent with their services and everything included before any commitment was required. I have been using them for about two years and have never had a problem with them.

I am very concerned with identity theft and the cost it may cause to me. Identity Guard is great to protect my activities and all transactions online. They have clear and easy website to navigate. They have great customer support and dealing with them online it is easy and fast. They are available 24/7 to answer any question I had and go all the step of the way to help solve problems. They offer outstanding service and trustworthy action that I am very pleased. I have used other companies in the past and got quite frustrated. I extremely recommend this company to all my friends and family.

Identity Guard was referred to me by a friend and it is a good service. Anyone can have it, don’t affect your pocket and it makes you feel more secure and protected from many different people that are just looking to hack into open information and later on use it maybe not against you but with the purpose of getting a profit from it. Identity Guard gives me the opportunity to feel safe without a worry that at any time someone can steal my identity.

The home security make everyone at home feel safe. If you have to go on a vacation, you can go without having to worry about someone login in to your personal profile in your personal computer, laptop or even discharged cell phones. They focus on their objective to keep you safe from bad mind people. I'm extremely happy that this service became so easy to get, super affordable and easy to manage. Overall a great experience. It is for anyone that has never had this service. And for the ones that have had it before, I honestly don't see why they would let it go.

I spent 4 months working directly with TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. I had dozens of old accounts deleted and inaccuracies corrected; and I got all 3 credit reports 99% accurate and up to date. I bought the 3 in 1 credit report from Identity Guard on 6/27/06 only to find they had all the OLD and INACCURATE information. THEIR information was outdated and when I called, the woman on the phone wanted me to go through every account one at a time. I told her I had already done that and THEY needed to get the latest information but she would not. So I cancelled the "subscription" after just 2 DAYS and they will NOT refund my $24.95. For some reason the supervisor (****) could not comprehend that THEY HAD OLD AND INACCURATE INFORMATION.

Expert Review

Rob DouglasIdentity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.    More about Rob→

With nearly 20 years of experience, Identity Guard is a trusted provider of identity theft protection service. A product of Intersections Inc., Identity Guard protects both businesses and consumers. Identity Guard has offices in California, New Mexico and Illinois. Its company headquarters is in Chantilly, Virginia.

• Credit monitoring service: Identity Guard helps protect your credit score by notifying you of any inquiries and offering three-bureau credit report and score updates.
  • Data protection: Identity Guard protects consumers’ and businesses’ data with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. These security features include anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software.
  • Black market monitoring: Identity Guard monitors online black markets and sends alerts if your SSN, your bank accounts or your registered credit cards are in use or shared.
  • Wallet protection: In case your wallet is lost or stolen, Identity Guard helps cancel credit card accounts and gives you access to up to $2,000 in replacement cash during the reimbursement period.
  • Free 30-day trial: You can try out Identity Guard’s services for 30 days at no cost.
  • Best for consumers who use credit cards, consumers who use online banking software and consumers who want to monitor their credit.

Compare Identity Theft Protection