4.2/5 (41 ratings)

About Identity Guard

Identity Guard is an identity protection company that offers monitoring services and comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats. The company has a variety of plans, and it monitors and notifies you of any changes or alterations to your account.

Pros

• Monitors for account changes
  • Easy-to-use app
  • Range of plans

Cons

• Advanced plans can be pricey

Bottom Line

Identity Guard’s pricing is competitive for the amount of services it offers, and the software is a good investment to protect your identity and account security. The more advanced plans can be pricey.

Top Identity Guard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Identity Guard seemed the most robust among others so I went with them. I had been living abroad and Identity Guard was sort of a way for me to keep tabs on what was going on here...

Verified

I receive alerts from Identity Guard. At the beginning, it was more active. And it is nice. If I tried to open an account, they immediately detect that I am opening an account and...

What is Identity Guard?

Identity Guard provides identity protection monitoring services and software to help prevent your identity from being stolen. Its services range from monitoring the web for your information to identity guard insurance. It helps protect your privacy and prevent your accounts and information from being used fraudulently. It also lets you track this vital information with the company’s easy-to-use dashboard.

You can use the Identity Guard app to get access to all notifications, including additional access to alerts, credit information, changes to public records, addresses, accounts and apps in your name and the latest news on identity theft incidents.

Identity Guard Plans

Identity Guard has options for personal, family and business plans. The Value plan for an individual is the cheapest plan and covers basic identity protection, including data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and safe browsing.

The Total and Ultra plans for personal use add protection such as bank account monitoring, credit score tracking, criminal monitoring and more. Family plans offer the same packages and protections but for more people. Business plans focus on breach response, but the company also offers a basic and more advanced option.

Identity Guard Pricing

Users can pay annually or monthly contracts with any plan. At the time of publication, the Value plan starts at $6.67. Prices climb to $19.99 for the Ultra plan, which offers the most coverage. You can get a Family Value plan for only $10 per month, a Total plan for $13.33 or a high-coverage Ultra plan for $26.67. Business plans range from $36 to $265 per year.

Identity Guard FAQ

Where is Identity Guard located?
Identity Guard is based in Herndon, Virginia.
How does Identity Guard work?
All you have to do is choose your security plan and then create an account with Identity Guard with information like your name, birthday and social security number.
Is Identity Guard worth the money?
Identity Guard is a good investment in cybersecurity. For most people or businesses, it’s worth the money to know that their personal information is secure.

Is Identity Guard safe?

Yes, Identity Guard’s identity theft software is safe and a good investment. The company offers a variety of plans that fit different budgets and provide varying levels of protection. Customers looking for everything from basic coverage to advanced protection options should be able to find a plan that offers what they need. If you’re interested in protecting your personal information, visit Identity Guard’s website to choose the plan that’s right for you.

Identity Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: July 13, 2021

I had Identity Guard years ago. I stopped it for a brief while then picked it back up. I had a really good experience with them so even though it's expensive, I stay with it. I highly recommend it. My mother was in a nursing home, fell and broke her hip in the middle of the night. They couldn't get her to a local hospital, so they had to take her to a hospital that was not affiliated with our nursing home in any way. My mother had been dead for probably a year when the hospital started calling me, telling me that I owed her bills. The nursing home owed them because she was on Medicaid. They kept saying, “We'll pay the bills if they'll fill out the paperwork to be our vendor.” But instead, they kept harassing me. I kept telling them I wasn't gonna pay it. Within minutes of them putting a collection notice on my credit report, Identity Guard let me know and gave me the number to contact the agency that had put it on there. Because of that, within probably an hour, we had it cleared up and it was off my credit report. The reps were wonderful.

Identity Guard response

Hello Nadine, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I worked for a company that had some employee tapes stolen years ago, and although they gave us a year of identity protection, I wanted to continue with that because I felt it was a smart thing to do. I had another monitoring service before and I didn't like them, so I changed to Identity Guard. So far, I've been very pleased and I didn't have the same experience as the other one. They have different levels of packages. I got one around the middle and I thought that was okay. They send me monthly monitoring reports and credit reports whenever I ask for them. I get what I should get for the money that I pay. In fact, I was about to call them in the next few days. I wanted to add something else onto my account for them to monitor.

Whenever I call them, they're perfectly courteous and professional. If I have a question they can't answer, they'll give me the correct avenue to go to to find out what I need to. I understand being an identity bureau, protecting your identity, there are certain things they're not allowed to say or answer to you. My father was scammed as a senior and so I had him sign up with Identity Guard in case we're busy and we're not watching his accounts for him. I set up the account and made up the password. My father didn't even have a computer. Then, I forgot the password. I told them that I pay for it monthly and I signed him up. They said that they couldn't give me a reset. It has to come from him. I get that they did that. Nothing happened with his accounts but I see where they can't help sometimes for the person's own protection. Even though I was unhappy, I was happy.

Identity Guard response

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: April 8, 2021

My husband bought me this service 2 months ago as a Valentine present. The threat of hackers stealing online identity has become quite common and is not only problematic but also dangerous. The thought of having someone else steal my personal identification is or anyone else's for that matter, is of grave concern. Think of reliving your life by someone else who is not YOU! The first month after my service became effective, I already got an alert. I called the company and spoke to the representative who informed me of a possible identity threat, reviewed the matter with me in detail, and we were able to resolve the problem satisfactorily. The feeling of having someone else monitor my online activity to ensure online security was relieving. I have great confidence in this service and would recommend it to anyone. They are reliable and not too pricey compared to the other services, and their overall ratings are very high.

Identity Guard response

Hello Zenaida, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I work for a broker and we do voluntary benefits. We send Identity Guard RFPs to offer to employer groups. In the process of reaching out on behalf of my job to offer to employer groups that we work with, I signed up for Identity Guard's program and it was easy. The person I worked with at the time sent me the offer, and I went with Premier. It had the most coverage, so I thought that was best to have. I didn't have any concerns myself, but it's definitely a topic on my mind because it's so prevalent these days and in our lives. It's important coverage to have.

Identity Guard response

Hi Caroline, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I got scammed when I was trying to sell my timeshare and they had asked for my information and I ignorantly gave it to them. So to protect myself, I got Identity Guard. I put down all my information, my passport information, my Social Security, everything into the Identity Guard. So if anyone ever tries to use it, I will be notified and they'll protect it.

My experience with Identity Guard has been great. Every single time I check, they notify me if there's any form of pull on my credit. Just like I was putting in an application for a mortgage, I instantly got a ding on my phone from Identity Guard. I just wish there was a little bit more detail in certain aspects of it. But other than that, I really have not had any negative experiences with it.

However, I don't know if it protects my passport from being used illegally, like someone trying to sneak into the country or leave the country. I was trying to look into the description, but they didn't say anything like that. So that's about the only thing that I did not find. I've spoken to them once. But they couldn't answer the question that I was asking with regards to the passport being used. The customer service reps and even the supervisors said, “We've never had to come across a question like that.” But other than that, anytime my Social Security is used, I have been notified. So it's only been used when I've done it. There hasn't been anything that's harmed me as of yet, which is I’m so happy that I have Identity Guard. When I look at the peace of mind, the protection that is offered to knowing that my stuff is secure, that is where it exceeds the value of the money that I pay for it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Identity Guard has been updating me on everything, so I have never had a problem. I just renewed again and they gave me a lower rate, which was good. When I had to change my charge card, they gave me a different rate when I had to renew the automatic payment. I also had a great experience talking with their rep.

Identity Guard response

Hi Robert, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We promise to keep working hard and diligently.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

So far, everything's been good with Identity Guard and I haven't had any problem with them. One time, I called their customer service and they helped me resolve my issue.

Identity Guard response

Jeffrey, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The quality of service has been good. It's a little pricey, but it has done its job. They alert me whenever there's an issue.

Identity Guard response

Hi Barry, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your plan, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call at 1-855-443-7748. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I have them for general identity theft and prevention. The cost is fine and it doesn't bother me. I don't think it's too much or suspiciously low. Working with them, I have peace of mind, which is really what it's all about. I just get updates if anything comes up.

Identity Guard response

Hi Keme, thank you for the nice review. We strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service at very reasonable prize! . If you have any questions about your plan, please call our Customer Service team a call at 1-855-443-7748. We're always happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I called Identity Guard once to get clarification and it was very quick and non-painful. They were quick to get me notified when something happened with my credit, and that time I had my credit run through the bank. Overall, they were consistent and very accurate.

Identity Guard response

Hi Paul, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call at 1-855-443-7748. We're always happy to help.

Identity Guard Company Information