4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Identity Guard has the most powerful, comprehensive identity theft protection. Their state-of-the-art artificial intelligence capabilities continuously scour billions of data points to discover vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a "radar" that is always protecting your identity.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)
View More View More

Identity Guard Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 28, 2019

I was told to verify my identity over 4 years ago with this company. I had already been a customer for awhile. I did not want to send my SS card, so I sent a copy of my tax records. They called me every 2-3 months to verify my identity after that, which each time I had go through a process to identify myself. I have been doing this for over four years. It has been a huge inconvenience to me. Now they are telling me that my tax records from 2014 are not valid. They want a copy of my SS card. Supposedly this is the only way that they are able to process a portion of my credit report and provide it to me. I spoke to a manager and got no support, when I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere, he gave no response indicating that he would really like to keep my business. Finally free of the harassment, Daniel **.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Identity Guard does a great job of keeping my data secure. It is hard nowadays to trust companies with my data and believe what they say they will do. But this company seems to do a better job compared to the others I have used. Decent price and pretty good customer service, and is helpful when questions come up. I like how affordable it is. Easy to pay each month and I know what I am getting and paying for as well. It works like they say it will in the advertisements. Makes me and my family feel much safer on a daily basis knowing they are watching over me and my family's security and well being. They are a reputable company who has a great product and service that works very well. I like being able to keep track of this at all times.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I liked this service a lot. It's a great service. It provides pretty much everything you would expect in a company like this. I liked being able to put in my card numbers and have them be monitored. It made me feel like there was always someone paying attention to my financial security. I was able to register for it through the company that I worked for. It was offered to employees for free. There was also an option to add people to your account for a discounted fee which I also took advantage of. One of my favorite features was the credit reporting. I didn't necessarily use it for identity theft purposes but I liked being able to check my credit score whenever I wanted.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My experience was good and I wanted my identity safe. Identity Guard offered paying out of my credit card. Great customer service, very helpful to have to protect my identity and I felt like my identity was safe and secure. But maybe the price could be a little less. Other than that pretty happy with the service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I always liked knowing that if my identity was ever stolen, that I would be covered. I was younger and had no idea where to begin if something happened. However, I did receive a lot of calls about upgrading my service. Normally I would ignore calls to upsell or telemarketers, but they are suppose to call if my identity was stolen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My parents used Identity Guard - they had heard about it from advertisements on television/internet. We all purchased after my mom's identity was stolen and after my father lost his wallet. It was easy to use and to purchase and required very little effort from my part. Seems secure, reasonable price and provided reliable information and alerts. I would recommend to my friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I belonged to Identity Guard for a short time. I did not feel safe because when I had an issue they basically had me do all the work to secure my information. I believe if I am paying for a service they need to meet my expectations. They didn't really help me when my statistics were compromised. However the customer service representatives were very nice and seemed professional.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I like Identity Guard so much. I like the way they do what need to be done and they know what they are doing right. When I need to ask a question about what is going on they are there to answer the question that need to be answered. Also, they protect what need to be protected.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We thought this was the best option based upon reviews I had read. We didn't feel like they were doing anything for us except to pester us with offers for other services. We didn't care much for the service and dropped them within thirty days for a full refund. Have yet to decide upon a replacement service but are still interested and looking. Not worth the money!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I only chose this specific service and company because they sent me something in the mail. I dislike the monthly fee to pay for the service. There are other free ways a person can monitor their credit and so many credit cards have their own identity theft program. However, it's great that by having the service you can be protected for up to a million dollars in theft protection. Overall I felt I didn't really need the protection.

Identity Guard expert review by Rob Douglas

Three plan choices for either individuals or families starting at $6.67. Exclusive system that utilizes an artificial intelligence scanning system created by IBM. Secure online tools included.

• Protection plans: Identity Guard’s plans include Value, Total and Premier that range from $6.67–$16.67. All plans include a risk-management score.

• Coverage for families: Each plan can be purchased for either an individual or for a family (covers all adults and children residing in the same household). Family plans range in price from $10–$23.33.

• Secure tools and app included: Identity Guard’s plans include the anti-phishing mobile app, secure online identity dashboard and safe browsing extension.

• Important alerts: A constant-scanning AI will alert you of potential threats, high-risk transactions and any detection of your personal information on the dark web.

• Stolen funds reimbursement: Plans include identity theft insurance that provide stolen funds reimbursement. Coverage varies by plan, but up to $1 million at the Premier level.

• Disclaimer: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

Identity Guard Company Information