4.4/5 (43 ratings)

About Identity Guard

Identity Guard is an identity protection company that offers monitoring services and comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats. The company has a variety of plans, and it monitors and notifies you of any changes or alterations to your account.

Pros

• Monitors for account changes
  • Easy-to-use app
  • Range of plans

Cons

• Advanced plans can be pricey

Bottom Line

Identity Guard’s pricing is competitive for the amount of services it offers, and the software is a good investment to protect your identity and account security. The more advanced plans can be pricey.

Top Identity Guard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Identity Guard seemed the most robust among others so I went with them. I had been living abroad and Identity Guard was sort of a way for me to keep tabs on what was going on here...

Verified

I receive alerts from Identity Guard. At the beginning, it was more active. And it is nice. If I tried to open an account, they immediately detect that I am opening an account and...

What is Identity Guard?

Identity Guard provides identity protection monitoring services and software to help prevent your identity from being stolen. Its services range from monitoring the web for your information to identity guard insurance. It helps protect your privacy and prevent your accounts and information from being used fraudulently. It also lets you track this vital information with the company’s easy-to-use dashboard.

You can use the Identity Guard app to get access to all notifications, including additional access to alerts, credit information, changes to public records, addresses, accounts and apps in your name and the latest news on identity theft incidents.

Identity Guard Plans

Identity Guard has options for personal, family and business plans. The Value plan for an individual is the cheapest plan and covers basic identity protection, including data breach notifications, dark web monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and safe browsing.

The Total and Ultra plans for personal use add protection such as bank account monitoring, credit score tracking, criminal monitoring and more. Family plans offer the same packages and protections but for more people. Business plans focus on breach response, but the company also offers a basic and more advanced option.

Identity Guard Pricing

Users can pay annually or monthly contracts with any plan. At the time of publication, the Value plan starts at $6.67. Prices climb to $19.99 for the Ultra plan, which offers the most coverage. You can get a Family Value plan for only $10 per month, a Total plan for $13.33 or a high-coverage Ultra plan for $26.67. Business plans range from $36 to $265 per year.

Identity Guard FAQ

Where is Identity Guard located?
Identity Guard is based in Herndon, Virginia.
How does Identity Guard work?
All you have to do is choose your security plan and then create an account with Identity Guard with information like your name, birthday and social security number.
Is Identity Guard worth the money?
Identity Guard is a good investment in cybersecurity. For most people or businesses, it’s worth the money to know that their personal information is secure.

Is Identity Guard safe?

Yes, Identity Guard’s identity theft software is safe and a good investment. The company offers a variety of plans that fit different budgets and provide varying levels of protection. Customers looking for everything from basic coverage to advanced protection options should be able to find a plan that offers what they need. If you’re interested in protecting your personal information, visit Identity Guard’s website to choose the plan that’s right for you.

Identity Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: April 14, 2021

I worked for a company that had some employee tapes stolen years ago, and although they gave us a year of identity protection, I wanted to continue with that because I felt it was a smart thing to do. I had another monitoring service before and I didn't like them, so I changed to Identity Guard. So far, I've been very pleased and I didn't have the same experience as the other one. They have different levels of packages. I got one around the middle and I thought that was okay. They send me monthly monitoring reports and credit reports whenever I ask for them. I get what I should get for the money that I pay. In fact, I was about to call them in the next few days. I wanted to add something else onto my account for them to monitor.

Whenever I call them, they're perfectly courteous and professional. If I have a question they can't answer, they'll give me the correct avenue to go to to find out what I need to. I understand being an identity bureau, protecting your identity, there are certain things they're not allowed to say or answer to you. My father was scammed as a senior and so I had him sign up with Identity Guard in case we're busy and we're not watching his accounts for him. I set up the account and made up the password. My father didn't even have a computer. Then, I forgot the password. I told them that I pay for it monthly and I signed him up. They said that they couldn't give me a reset. It has to come from him. I get that they did that. Nothing happened with his accounts but I see where they can't help sometimes for the person's own protection. Even though I was unhappy, I was happy.

Identity Guard response

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I got scammed when I was trying to sell my timeshare and they had asked for my information and I ignorantly gave it to them. So to protect myself, I got Identity Guard. I put down all my information, my passport information, my Social Security, everything into the Identity Guard. So if anyone ever tries to use it, I will be notified and they'll protect it.

My experience with Identity Guard has been great. Every single time I check, they notify me if there's any form of pull on my credit. Just like I was putting in an application for a mortgage, I instantly got a ding on my phone from Identity Guard. I just wish there was a little bit more detail in certain aspects of it. But other than that, I really have not had any negative experiences with it.

However, I don't know if it protects my passport from being used illegally, like someone trying to sneak into the country or leave the country. I was trying to look into the description, but they didn't say anything like that. So that's about the only thing that I did not find. I've spoken to them once. But they couldn't answer the question that I was asking with regards to the passport being used. The customer service reps and even the supervisors said, “We've never had to come across a question like that.” But other than that, anytime my Social Security is used, I have been notified. So it's only been used when I've done it. There hasn't been anything that's harmed me as of yet, which is I’m so happy that I have Identity Guard. When I look at the peace of mind, the protection that is offered to knowing that my stuff is secure, that is where it exceeds the value of the money that I pay for it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I am the person in charge at my employer bringing in products and looking for things to help our employees. So Identity Guard with theft was one of the products I brought to market to sell to all our members. I couldn't sell something and not believe in it. But it was the real time nature of Identity Guard and watching those transactions and the credit report and IBM watching. And now, they're even getting more and more ahead where they're starting to offer antivirus protection for certain packages. At the time, I got the Premier Plan and the Premier Family plan. One of the things that led me to that was the social media and as my kids get older, having some social media protection on the kids.

I have an account team that came out and demoed Identity Guard, and goes through everything with me day in and day out. And if I got any questions, I call them. But I'm probably considered more a broker than a user. So I've got the customer service team for brokerage and they take care of everything. The hardest part was when I canceled because I was switching plans. With the way we were rolling it out, I needed to cancel then re-enroll. Identity Guard gave me another three months and they wanted to make sure I didn't cancel and error, and then lose all my data. But I have no negative complaints and for the most purpose, as a regular consumer, I didn't need to reach out because the app worked great. The website was there and I was getting what I needed to get.

As with anything, every little bit adds up but the cost was fair. If I wouldn't have been the one pushing the product and believe in having the protection, it would have been a little hard to swallow. I was paying 27 bucks a month and I probably would not have made that decision to do that if I wasn't selling it, as a consumer. Our plan dropped down to 17 bucks with a lot of the changes and now, we're getting to a lot for more market comparative. Because the thing that Identity Guard fights against a lot is all the free products out there. So, there's value. But if somebody else can do 75% of the stuff that Identity Guard can do, then it's hard to quantify the extra 25 for those prices with a lot of our members.

For a lot of people, 20 bucks can be hard to stomach when they can get some free credit monitoring. That may not be as good, but if they're doing the right things on their end, maybe it's fine and it's easier for them to stomach. The cost is a little high. If people don't have Identity Guard, it is strictly because of cost, not because they don't find the product valuable. Cost is something that needs to count. As technology gets better, as more users come in, cost is an area that Identity Guard can continue to improve in. They're adding more and more value, but sometimes, it doesn't matter how much value you add if cost is already a barrier. It's hard to break through that.

Identity Guard response

Thanks for your review, Bryan. Your security is extremely important to all of us at Aura Identity Guard, which is why we're always building upon and improving our service offerings. From antivirus to identity theft protection and VPN, we've got you covered! Our priority is your peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I’m conservative financially by nature and I have several members of my family that are at a point in their life where they could potentially get themselves into credit conundrum. So, I make sure that everybody is protected and don't do anything foolish or have anything foolish done to their accounts when they’re young. That was my collective best interest to do. Name every company over the past 20 years and I’ve used them all. I’m agnostic to switching, so it comes down to price point and ease of using the site. I tend to like the services that push notifications to you rather than you having to actually go into the site and see if there's been any new activity. I like the alerts and Identity Guard does that, which I appreciate.

There's nothing that significantly differentiates Identity Guard from all these different services. Everybody provides $1,000,000-worth of liability insurance. Everybody seems to have a similar dashboard when you enter. I switched so much since I have five different people in my family that I have accounts on and some of the services will only let you sign up four people, which means I got to sign up four people in one, and then have a separate for fifth. So, I wind up usually having two services going at the same time. In this case, I do but it's been working out fine. Identity Guard does what they’re supposed to do and they do it well.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for your review, David! We're honored to have the opportunity to help protect you and your family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Years ago, I was with another company and I experienced my information being abused three times from the same bank. Each time, they froze my account 'cause they said they saw suspicious activities. However, they never contacted me and neither did the company that's supposed to be protecting me. When we pulled things up, we found out that my account number was being used in Illinois and Las Vegas. I have a Rogue SUV and there's no way in the world I could get $500 worth of gasoline on that Rogue. When things like that happened three different times within a year, I was never told that there was suspicious activity. The only reason that I found out each time was that I was at a restaurant to pay for my food and my card was declined.

I left that bank, and I wasn't happy with the other company, so I stopped the identity guard thing altogether. I'm like, “I'm better just watching things myself." I understand how important it is to protect one's identity though. Senior citizens get hit more than anybody to some degree. I'm a senior citizen who will be 69 years old in a few months and my daughter suggested I come with Identity Guard. She set everything up for me as well. She has been with them for some time and she really liked them. If you're going to choose one at this point, this is the company to go with because thus far, since I have been with them, I have had no complaints.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I like them. I use them for my credit monitoring company. When I have a question I call their customer service and they help me. I also have not had a problem with them. I have been a customer of theirs for a number of years now.

Identity Guard response

Hello Myrtle, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: June 4, 2021

If I open up a card or Home Depot sends me a new card, they're a pain. I get notifications but it's been a long time since anybody's messed with my online stuff partly because of the identity theft protection from Identity Guard.

Identity Guard response

Hello Lowell, thank you so much for the review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I love Identity Guard. I got a really good deal when I got my plan and I can see all three of my credit scores quarterly. I tried to get my boyfriend to do it but Identity Guard didn't have the same 16.99 a month plan. He couldn't sign into the mobile app like I do. It was frustrating for him. I did feel Identity Guard's value was the best but he did not want to pay whatever it was to be able to do the same thing.

Identity Guard response

Hello Sue, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with Identity Guard. We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. We are however, sorry to hear about your boyfriend. We would like to see what we can do to address this. Please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I wanted to be able to use Identity Guard to be able to talk to my clients about it. It has value. There are employers that like feeling like they're providing a little something extra for their employees for not much cost. I like Identity Guard. I periodically check it to see what my credit score is. I like that it gives me alerts if there's a credit check.

Identity Guard response

Hello Stephanie, We always strive to provide an amazing product and outstanding customer service. If you have any questions about your coverage, information in your account or would like to speak with our business team for more information on our employee benefits, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Service team a call. We're always happy to help.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I was getting a lot of scam calls and it stopped after I signed up with Identity Guard, so it's working. I get alerts emailed to me like credit scores changing. I'm satisfied with them. Everything works fine.

Identity Guard response

Hello John, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We promise to keep working hard and diligently. If you have any questions about your coverage or the information in your account, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team. We're always happy to help.

Identity Guard Company Information