4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Identity Guard has the most powerful, comprehensive identity theft protection. Their state-of-the-art artificial intelligence capabilities continuously scour billions of data points to discover vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a "radar" that is always protecting your identity.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)
View More View More

29 Identity Guard Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 28, 2019

I was told to verify my identity over 4 years ago with this company. I had already been a customer for awhile. I did not want to send my SS card, so I sent a copy of my tax records. They called me every 2-3 months to verify my identity after that, which each time I had go through a process to identify myself. I have been doing this for over four years. It has been a huge inconvenience to me. Now they are telling me that my tax records from 2014 are not valid. They want a copy of my SS card. Supposedly this is the only way that they are able to process a portion of my credit report and provide it to me. I spoke to a manager and got no support, when I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere, he gave no response indicating that he would really like to keep my business. Finally free of the harassment, Daniel **.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I always liked knowing that if my identity was ever stolen, that I would be covered. I was younger and had no idea where to begin if something happened. However, I did receive a lot of calls about upgrading my service. Normally I would ignore calls to upsell or telemarketers, but they are suppose to call if my identity was stolen.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We thought this was the best option based upon reviews I had read. We didn't feel like they were doing anything for us except to pester us with offers for other services. We didn't care much for the service and dropped them within thirty days for a full refund. Have yet to decide upon a replacement service but are still interested and looking. Not worth the money!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have had a significantly improved experience with my newly installed computer security software from Identity Guard. I chose the service for extra protection and to be alert without much effort. It does a great job with protecting me from hackers and intrusions that continued in their efforts to steal your information. The service that comes with it has people that are ready to secure you whenever you need help. I like its increased security from my previous software which isn't as efficient as this piece of technology. With this identity protection service you are assured of protection. It has done wonders for me and can do great for many more. However, over time, the service can improve in its ingenuity with even greater performance with new innovative technology that will prepare you for any situation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I chose Identity Guard because it had a 30 day trial and the customer reviews were high in ranking. This company has the first IBM Watson protection that gives this company an advantage over others. They have a variety of products to fit your needs such as individual, family and children plans. It also has a 1 million insurance policy when you subscribe to Identity Guard. They are a more diversed company than any other company and has the most innovative technology for customers to keep their personal information safe and discreet. It also has a far better monthly plan compared to Lifelock. They have a great credit monitoring system and offers credit scores. All in all this is a better company than Lifelock.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I liked this service a lot. It's a great service. It provides pretty much everything you would expect in a company like this. I liked being able to put in my card numbers and have them be monitored. It made me feel like there was always someone paying attention to my financial security. I was able to register for it through the company that I worked for. It was offered to employees for free. There was also an option to add people to your account for a discounted fee which I also took advantage of. One of my favorite features was the credit reporting. I didn't necessarily use it for identity theft purposes but I liked being able to check my credit score whenever I wanted.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My experience with Identity Guard was really good until the prices increased. My credit and identity scores and everything was under close watch and I even received monthly and weekly updates whenever a change was detected in something on my accounts. I paid the same amount consistently for a period of time but then my prices hiked a bit. It was something that threw me off and I really could no longer afford the service so I had to discontinue service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The company was really great and I felt completely safe in the protection they provided. It was well worth not only the time but the money and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested. I wish I could write a whole article on the great experience I had with this company. Very trustworthy. The only thing that comes to my mind that I would change is possible lower prices.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

It was a very helpful service. I felt safe knowing my data was secure thanks to this company. I have tried other similar types of companies in the past and this is by far the best I have used. It always felt like if I ever needed to get in contact with them with a question they were readily available at all times. But perhaps their interface could use a little updating.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I only chose this specific service and company because they sent me something in the mail. I dislike the monthly fee to pay for the service. There are other free ways a person can monitor their credit and so many credit cards have their own identity theft program. However, it's great that by having the service you can be protected for up to a million dollars in theft protection. Overall I felt I didn't really need the protection.

Identity Guard expert review by Rob Douglas

Three plan choices for either individuals or families starting at $6.67. Exclusive system that utilizes an artificial intelligence scanning system created by IBM. Secure online tools included.

• Protection plans: Identity Guard’s plans include Value, Total and Premier that range from $6.67–$16.67. All plans include a risk-management score.

• Coverage for families: Each plan can be purchased for either an individual or for a family (covers all adults and children residing in the same household). Family plans range in price from $10–$23.33.

• Secure tools and app included: Identity Guard’s plans include the anti-phishing mobile app, secure online identity dashboard and safe browsing extension.

• Important alerts: A constant-scanning AI will alert you of potential threats, high-risk transactions and any detection of your personal information on the dark web.

• Stolen funds reimbursement: Plans include identity theft insurance that provide stolen funds reimbursement. Coverage varies by plan, but up to $1 million at the Premier level.

• Disclaimer: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

Profile picture of Rob Douglas
Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

Identity Guard Company Information