Identity Guard Buy Now
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Buy Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Identity Guard has the most powerful, comprehensive identity theft protection. Their state-of-the-art artificial intelligence capabilities continuously scour billions of data points to discover vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a "radar" that is always protecting your identity.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)
View More View More
Identity Guard Buy Now

Identity Guard Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I recently signed up a few days ago and felt I made the right choice for my family. Unfortunately after providing all my families information, Identity Guard sends me an email saying my account has been. Cancelled and removed my access to my account. My concern right away is, I’ve been scammed and so I called my CC company and they let me know my card was never billed, one sign of relief. My major concern now is they have all my families SS numbers, credit information etc. I was told the issue wasn’t with them, but an Experian issue due to not accessing my credit information. This all seems way to sketchy and I hope no one else goes through this experience of uncertainties. Too many other options out there, do your research and avoid this company.

Identity Guard response

Hi Daniel, we use several data providers to effectively monitor and protect your identity. It’s our policy to only charge customers if we are able to deliver all of your plan features in full. Per that policy and as a result of the data connection issue you mentioned in your review, your Identity Guard account was automatically cancelled and you were not billed.

We've fixed this issue and have reached out to all customers that were affected. We apologize for your less than ideal experience with our product so far and are happy to answer any remaining questions that you might have. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I am using a web based version as opposed to an app. Overall, comparing to other services, it is about the same as any other service. I got notifications periodically, but some of them were not useful because they were repeats of older messages. I had had my identity stolen several times and it's a hassle, but it's less of a hassle with credit monitoring because most allow you to lock your credit report. It has stopped a couple of scammers. I got it as a result of Targets credit card debacle, but if I had to pay for it, I might have to think about it.

Identity Guard response

Hi Todd, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to have the chance to help keep your information secure and to lessen the stress of recovering from identity theft.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

The CC I used for ID Guard was cancelled due to a fraud charge and I've been waiting for a replacement. This morning I got an email notice that the card had been declined. I immediately went in and input a NEW card from a different carrier that I had just approved yesterday - but the flag was ambiguous. So I called customer service and received a VERY condescending woman who persisted in calling me "Ma'am" when I told her that I did NOT want to be addressed by that demeaning Plantation slang word and that my name is Dr ** and that "I earned it". Nonetheless she continue to call me "Ma'am" and I had to repeatedly remind the woman.

She informed me that if my NEW card were declined my account would IMMEDIATE be cancelled.. BUT I could call Customer Service [to whom I was speaking] within 90 day to reinstate it. I asked why I could not have my card confirmed NOW. She gave the excuse that it take 2-3 days. When I shop with my card it is immediately approved or declined. The very CLEAR MESSAGE to me was that contrary to the comments of how my patronage is valued - it is NOT. I was treated with contempt by a clerk - who could be ANYBODY at that number.

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. At Identity Guard, our customer service team sets the bar high and works to provide personal, helpful, and respectful service. We’re sorry that your interaction with us fell short of that. We’ve heard your feedback and addressed it with the appropriate team member.

Please rest assured that when you call the customer service number listed on Identity Guard’s website, you are directly connected with a member of our trusted customer service team.

We value the opportunity to help keep your information secure, and look forward to providing you with a more seamless experience in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was told to verify my identity over 4 years ago with this company. I had already been a customer for awhile. I did not want to send my SS card, so I sent a copy of my tax records. They called me every 2-3 months to verify my identity after that, which each time I had go through a process to identify myself. I have been doing this for over four years. It has been a huge inconvenience to me. Now they are telling me that my tax records from 2014 are not valid. They want a copy of my SS card. Supposedly this is the only way that they are able to process a portion of my credit report and provide it to me. I spoke to a manager and got no support, when I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere, he gave no response indicating that he would really like to keep my business. Finally free of the harassment, Daniel **.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Fantastic service to monitor, protect and safeguard your personal information, protect your identity and credit. ON July 7th, 2016 I was informed that a change was detected in my credit file. It stated similar to a federal inquiry had been made and or notification for extension of credit, loan or other. I had not authorized any changes or requested any loans nor extensions for credit. In fact I had done nothing differently.

Thinking this may have had to do with something with my federal student loan I checked out my credit profile and to my shock, the United States Department of Veteran Affairs had viewed my entire credit report without my authorization. (This 3 months after separation of service with them.) Further, they placed an erroneous debt onto my credit report. (I had a dispute with them due to the insurance they failed to provide for me to cover my injury, but inevitably paid their bogus debt anyway 3 months earlier so they could not smear my credit report since I had a stellar credit rating.)

They wrongfully and illegally placed a debt on my credit report. This caused my credit score to tank by 30 points. I immediately filed complaints referencing FCRA violations, complaints with the Attorney General, Office of Special Counsel, Office of Inspector General and the Veterans Administration as well. Once I filed my complaints, I had no other credit breaches with the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. Highly illegal - but hey they are the federal government so they are automatically excused from committing fraud and felonies. Still the damage they did under the umbrella of fraud and false swearing was amazing. I am so fortunate to catch this early. Thanks to this credit monitoring company, I was on their case the very same day as they conducted their breach into MY federally protected (?) credit file.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: March 15, 2018

ID Guard notified me of a new credit card being taken out. I checked it out and found that some low-life used my S.S number to open a new credit card using a fake address. I immediately put a red flag on any new credit cards or applications in my name and S.S. number. I filed a police report and called the company (G.E. Credit Co) and complained but, they would not give me any information on the person who filed the application.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I always liked knowing that if my identity was ever stolen, that I would be covered. I was younger and had no idea where to begin if something happened. However, I did receive a lot of calls about upgrading my service. Normally I would ignore calls to upsell or telemarketers, but they are suppose to call if my identity was stolen.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We thought this was the best option based upon reviews I had read. We didn't feel like they were doing anything for us except to pester us with offers for other services. We didn't care much for the service and dropped them within thirty days for a full refund. Have yet to decide upon a replacement service but are still interested and looking. Not worth the money!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have had a significantly improved experience with my newly installed computer security software from Identity Guard. I chose the service for extra protection and to be alert without much effort. It does a great job with protecting me from hackers and intrusions that continued in their efforts to steal your information. The service that comes with it has people that are ready to secure you whenever you need help. I like its increased security from my previous software which isn't as efficient as this piece of technology. With this identity protection service you are assured of protection. It has done wonders for me and can do great for many more. However, over time, the service can improve in its ingenuity with even greater performance with new innovative technology that will prepare you for any situation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I chose Identity Guard because it had a 30 day trial and the customer reviews were high in ranking. This company has the first IBM Watson protection that gives this company an advantage over others. They have a variety of products to fit your needs such as individual, family and children plans. It also has a 1 million insurance policy when you subscribe to Identity Guard. They are a more diversed company than any other company and has the most innovative technology for customers to keep their personal information safe and discreet. It also has a far better monthly plan compared to Lifelock. They have a great credit monitoring system and offers credit scores. All in all this is a better company than Lifelock.

Identity Guard expert review by Rob Douglas

Three plan choices for either individuals or families starting at $6.67. Exclusive system that utilizes an artificial intelligence scanning system created by IBM. Secure online tools included.

• Protection plans: Identity Guard’s plans include Value, Total and Premier that range from $6.67–$16.67. All plans include a risk-management score.

• Coverage for families: Each plan can be purchased for either an individual or for a family (covers all adults and children residing in the same household). Family plans range in price from $10–$23.33.

• Secure tools and app included: Identity Guard’s plans include the anti-phishing mobile app, secure online identity dashboard and safe browsing extension.

• Important alerts: A constant-scanning AI will alert you of potential threats, high-risk transactions and any detection of your personal information on the dark web.

• Stolen funds reimbursement: Plans include identity theft insurance that provide stolen funds reimbursement. Coverage varies by plan, but up to $1 million at the Premier level.

• Disclaimer: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

Identity Guard Company Information