Buy Now
Accredited Partner

Buy Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Identity Guard has the most powerful, comprehensive identity theft protection. Their state-of-the-art artificial intelligence capabilities continuously scour billions of data points to discover vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a "radar" that is always protecting your identity.

Identity Guard Gallery (4)
View More View More

Identity Guard Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I had Identity Guard a long time ago back in the late 90's and I stopped using it, and then things started to come up with credit checks so I got it again. I just signed back in through the computer, and the process was great. Their service has been good for me.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for your longstanding membership, Armando! We're happy to have the chance to help protect your identity.

Get expert buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

With the increase in identity theft I decided to seek the help of Identity Guard. I was gonna try to go with the other one, LifeLock, but for some reason, I put all my information and they acted like I was not me, and it was a bunch of trouble. I've had Identity Guard now for a couple of years. I get notifications with stuff that happens. I check it and usually it’s just me doing it, so I'm good. I get a report every month, so that’s good.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I am using a web based version as opposed to an app. Overall, comparing to other services, it is about the same as any other service. I got notifications periodically, but some of them were not useful because they were repeats of older messages. I had had my identity stolen several times and it's a hassle, but it's less of a hassle with credit monitoring because most allow you to lock your credit report. It has stopped a couple of scammers. I got it as a result of Targets credit card debacle, but if I had to pay for it, I might have to think about it.

Identity Guard response

Hi Todd, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to have the chance to help keep your information secure and to lessen the stress of recovering from identity theft.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Product comes at good price. Easy to install. Easy to use. I use the advanced options and have no issues with doing so. Also get extra options from Costco, so an extra benefit for me. Love the product. Would recommend it to others, rather novice or experienced with such programs.

Identity Guard response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Mary! We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with Identity Guard.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I am a member of Identity Guard for the last 7 years. I stayed out of country for couple of years and the support for international customers (essentially when you need to track and monitor the account more closely) is way below expectations. Problems faced:

1. Sometime last year they made the site accessible only to US zone. Which means if you are out of the country you cannot monitor unless you have a VPN service.

2. All my old US cards expired and trying to update my billing with international card does not work. Answer from customer service, "Sorry. We do not support international billing. You need a US card registered to your home address for it to work." Bummer.

So I would not recommend this for people who travel internationally often.

Identity Guard response

Hi Bharathan, thank you for the very valid feedback. Due to the sensitive nature of the information we handle, Identity Guard must comply with a number of security restrictions. One of these restrictions disallows us from opening our user dashboard to website visitors from outside of the United States.

We agree that this isn’t the ideal experience for Identity Guard users who live outside of the United States and apologize for the inconvenience that it’s caused you. We’re always looking to improve our customer experience and have provided your comments to the appropriate team members. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Identity Guard?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

After leaving Trusted ID and look for a new company I tried to sign up at this company. Filled in all the data requested but the card I've have had for over 20 years kept failing. So I called the number given and check with my card company and was told that there was no attempt from their company to apply a charge. In the call with the company they reported an address error so I and the person that was on the line tried on their end with the same address. I have lived in this house for 25 yrs they (card company, the post office, my driver license, my SS, myPassport same address) have no clue what the failure is. She transferred the information to her manager and now waiting. Have been waiting 4 days and no contact.

Identity Guard response

Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to record your experience. After following up with our Customer Service team, we're happy to hear that you were able to successfully enroll in Identity Guard! Our team will follow up to ensure that all of your concerns have been addressed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I recently signed up a few days ago and felt I made the right choice for my family. Unfortunately after providing all my families information, Identity Guard sends me an email saying my account has been. Cancelled and removed my access to my account. My concern right away is, I’ve been scammed and so I called my CC company and they let me know my card was never billed, one sign of relief. My major concern now is they have all my families SS numbers, credit information etc. I was told the issue wasn’t with them, but an Experian issue due to not accessing my credit information. This all seems way to sketchy and I hope no one else goes through this experience of uncertainties. Too many other options out there, do your research and avoid this company.

Identity Guard response

Hi Daniel, we use several data providers to effectively monitor and protect your identity. It’s our policy to only charge customers if we are able to deliver all of your plan features in full. Per that policy and as a result of the data connection issue you mentioned in your review, your Identity Guard account was automatically cancelled and you were not billed.

We've fixed this issue and have reached out to all customers that were affected. We apologize for your less than ideal experience with our product so far and are happy to answer any remaining questions that you might have. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

The CC I used for ID Guard was cancelled due to a fraud charge and I've been waiting for a replacement. This morning I got an email notice that the card had been declined. I immediately went in and input a NEW card from a different carrier that I had just approved yesterday - but the flag was ambiguous. So I called customer service and received a VERY condescending woman who persisted in calling me "Ma'am" when I told her that I did NOT want to be addressed by that demeaning Plantation slang word and that my name is Dr ** and that "I earned it". Nonetheless she continue to call me "Ma'am" and I had to repeatedly remind the woman.

She informed me that if my NEW card were declined my account would IMMEDIATE be cancelled.. BUT I could call Customer Service [to whom I was speaking] within 90 day to reinstate it. I asked why I could not have my card confirmed NOW. She gave the excuse that it take 2-3 days. When I shop with my card it is immediately approved or declined. The very CLEAR MESSAGE to me was that contrary to the comments of how my patronage is valued - it is NOT. I was treated with contempt by a clerk - who could be ANYBODY at that number.

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. At Identity Guard, our customer service team sets the bar high and works to provide personal, helpful, and respectful service. We’re sorry that your interaction with us fell short of that. We’ve heard your feedback and addressed it with the appropriate team member.

Please rest assured that when you call the customer service number listed on Identity Guard’s website, you are directly connected with a member of our trusted customer service team.

We value the opportunity to help keep your information secure, and look forward to providing you with a more seamless experience in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was told to verify my identity over 4 years ago with this company. I had already been a customer for awhile. I did not want to send my SS card, so I sent a copy of my tax records. They called me every 2-3 months to verify my identity after that, which each time I had go through a process to identify myself. I have been doing this for over four years. It has been a huge inconvenience to me. Now they are telling me that my tax records from 2014 are not valid. They want a copy of my SS card. Supposedly this is the only way that they are able to process a portion of my credit report and provide it to me. I spoke to a manager and got no support, when I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere, he gave no response indicating that he would really like to keep my business. Finally free of the harassment, Daniel **.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Fantastic service to monitor, protect and safeguard your personal information, protect your identity and credit. ON July 7th, 2016 I was informed that a change was detected in my credit file. It stated similar to a federal inquiry had been made and or notification for extension of credit, loan or other. I had not authorized any changes or requested any loans nor extensions for credit. In fact I had done nothing differently.

Thinking this may have had to do with something with my federal student loan I checked out my credit profile and to my shock, the United States Department of Veteran Affairs had viewed my entire credit report without my authorization. (This 3 months after separation of service with them.) Further, they placed an erroneous debt onto my credit report. (I had a dispute with them due to the insurance they failed to provide for me to cover my injury, but inevitably paid their bogus debt anyway 3 months earlier so they could not smear my credit report since I had a stellar credit rating.)

They wrongfully and illegally placed a debt on my credit report. This caused my credit score to tank by 30 points. I immediately filed complaints referencing FCRA violations, complaints with the Attorney General, Office of Special Counsel, Office of Inspector General and the Veterans Administration as well. Once I filed my complaints, I had no other credit breaches with the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. Highly illegal - but hey they are the federal government so they are automatically excused from committing fraud and felonies. Still the damage they did under the umbrella of fraud and false swearing was amazing. I am so fortunate to catch this early. Thanks to this credit monitoring company, I was on their case the very same day as they conducted their breach into MY federally protected (?) credit file.

Identity Guard expert review by Rob Douglas

Three plan choices for either individuals or families starting at $6.67. Exclusive system that utilizes an artificial intelligence scanning system created by IBM. Secure online tools included.

• Protection plans: Identity Guard’s plans include Value, Total and Premier that range from $6.67–$16.67. All plans include a risk-management score.

• Coverage for families: Each plan can be purchased for either an individual or for a family (covers all adults and children residing in the same household). Family plans range in price from $10–$23.33.

• Secure tools and app included: Identity Guard’s plans include the anti-phishing mobile app, secure online identity dashboard and safe browsing extension.

• Important alerts: A constant-scanning AI will alert you of potential threats, high-risk transactions and any detection of your personal information on the dark web.

• Stolen funds reimbursement: Plans include identity theft insurance that provide stolen funds reimbursement. Coverage varies by plan, but up to $1 million at the Premier level.

• Disclaimer: Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

Identity Guard Company Information