1.29/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a pet insurance provider?

286 Nationwide Pet Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have had this pet insurance for over 12 years. They had no problem more than doubling my premiums over the years but when my dog needed a life saving emergency surgery they covered only 20%. There is no point in having this insurance if they don’t pay when you need it most..

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is a terrible company! I have had this insurance for 12 years. When my pet was diagnosed with a life threatening illness, Nationwide will not pay because my vet diagnosed my dog with an ultrasound rather than a biopsy (I can't make this up). The biopsy would have killed her! Their vet completely agrees with my vet on my dog's treatment but said Nationwide was bound by the language of how to diagnose this illness. I guess treatments don't change in 12 years. This is absolutely pathetic.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Well, it started well. They had reasonable prices for our two dogs. Our first dog was on the plan for three years, and the second for two years. They both had it since birth. The first year or so, I received the claim within 2 weeks, which was great, but in the last year or so, that started being closer to a month, and most recently, they just ignored my claim altogether. I sent them an email and they told me to resubmit, and another month goes by. I send another email, and they again tell me to resubmit the claim. It was a simple claim for a required medication.

That wasn't all that was not ok. Their premium increases were more than I can fathom. Both dogs were about the same cost. When we first had our dogs, it was around $45 per dog per month. The next year it went up to $56 per dog per month which was more than a 10%, and that included a 5% discount for adding a second dog. The third year came, and the largest premium I've ever seen came. Now they claim it will cost $98 per dog per month to insure. I felt like a sucker when I renewed anyways. Since that most recent renewal, the customer service and claim efficiency really took a dive. One would think an increase of 75% would result in higher quality customer service, but that was never the case. Throughout the 3 years, the plan for the dog did not change at all.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My dog had to go to the emergency vet and then his regular vet the next morning. I submitted both claims at the same time. Fortunately, I made copies of everything I sent in. About a month after I sent both claims in, I received a small check for the regular vet visit. The reason? Because Nationwide applied the $250 annual deductible and the check they actually wrote was only $40 over that. The other claim, for $365?? Denied, denied, denied. I resubmitted it 4 times, both via email and on paper. Finally, I just received word that they are (supposedly) putting a check in the mail. We'll see it if actually comes in. I really don't appreciate this treatment, as I've faithfully paid my premium monthly. As soon as I can, I will be cancelling this policy and starting a new one with another company. If I could have given Nationwide Pet Insurance zero stars, I would have.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Our dog had fear aggression and bit my daughter and niece; he was a threat to our kids. After thousands of dollars of behavior therapy and medication we had to euthanize our dog. Nationwide wouldn’t pay for any of the behavior medication or therapy. When I called Nationwide to let them know we had to euthanize our dog, they mentioned that was covered. I thought great, at least they will pay for that small expense. Then I received a letter wanting to have the doctor’s notes. After sending that in to the company, they sent a letter stating they were denying the claim due to not paying for treatment excluded by the policy. They wouldn’t pay for euthanasia when it would be the most humane thing to do for a dog. They will pay if it is due to a serious illness but not a serious mental illness. That is the most ridiculous, heartless policy I have heard of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Pet Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I am very disappointed with this company. I purchased this cheap policy through my employer and when I spoke with the rep it sounded like a AWESOME Deal. Easy claim processing, easy easy easy. Not so... Well let me tell you when I try to file a claim nothing, or it's not covered. I finally am so fed up I filed a complaint with my employer and HOPEFULLY they will take it off their list... I have still not received my claim money and it's been over 90 days. I have a new GSD and he is only 1 year only and have been to the Vet 3 times and this company seems to keep giving me the run around wanting more documents from me and the VET. Ridiculous and unprofessional. PLEASE don't do with this company just because it's cheap. Sometimes a good deal is not a deal. As soon as they finish with my claims I am CANCELLING ASAP. Don't do it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

This company is by far the most devious in paying out claims. I have had several instances where I had to call a supervisor for extremely low payouts for claims. This last claim was $1,200.00 for the hospitalization and euthanasia for my dog in which they cut me a check for $145. It is not worth the stress going back to them to fight yet again. Another ridiculous experience with them. Buyer beware!

Original review: July 31, 2018

If Nationwide scammed you, please see info at end of review! Trying to start a class action lawsuit, we need your story! Nationwide sentenced my baby to death! Much like the majority of these reviews, Nationwide has lied, made up their own diagnoses, delayed claims processing, ignored the diagnoses of the vet, told me the vet should call so they could explain why she is wrong, attempted to bait the vet into admitting the clinic missed diagnosing kidney failure, delayed giving me the decision to my review request even after changing her policy AGAIN, just to run out their 2nd 30 day extension and worse. Because I trusted their advertising and clearly biased reviews, my 15 month old puppy cannot be covered by any other insurance company and the expenses are skyrocketing. Don’t even consider Nationwide, even if offered by your employer. You will take years off your life fighting this unscrupulous company. They DO NOT care about your pet!

Original review: July 19, 2018

My miniature pinscher Sporty passed away from kidney failure and pancreatitis. My veterinarian and I submitted all documentation, itemized invoices etc. and they refused to pay as they stated the itemized information showed a high grade fever. They only use their specific codes and said that their organ failure/death code was a high grade fever which, of course, is not covered.

My vet has resubmitted the information they requested two more times and (of course) NW claims to have not received it. Do not purchase this insurance for your beloved animals as you are simply throwing your money away. Sporty was older so his policy was almost $1200 his last year and they don’t want to pay anything for him having kidney failure. They also have horrible customer service and threaten to hang up on you so they don’t have to deal with an unsatisfied customer. Purchase the insurance from a company that is there for you in your time of need. Not Nationwide which codes your dog's death from kidney failure as a fever so they don’t pay claim.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have a sick budgie and called in the hopes of insurance that would help cover my medical bills. Turns out that any chronic conditions are permanently excluded from coverage by their exotic pets policy, and curable conditions must be out of the animal's system for six months. What's the point of insurance if they won't even help you when your animal actually gets sick?

Original review: July 14, 2018

Reading through these reviews for Nationwide, I'm actually shocked. My experience has been the complete opposite of the reviewers. I adopted a kitten in June of 2017 and purchased the Whole Pet with Wellness plan for him. I had originally only gotten the insurance to cover his shots through the first year. However, it turned out my cat was cryptorchid and had to undergo surgery. He had a difficult time healing and nearly died. In total, he underwent 4 total surgeries and I spent almost $5,000 in vet bills.

I don't know what I would have done without Nationwide. They reimbursed me 90% of my vet bills with no questions asked. I only had one claim rejected and, when I called customer service, they instructed me on how to resubmit my claim with the appropriate documents. My claim was later accepted. I do pay $35 a month for the plan and have a $250 deductible but it's all been worth it. Nationwide has saved me so much money on these unexpected vet bills. I'm not sure why my experience differs so much from other reviewers but I honestly don't have one negative comment to make about my insurance. Everything has gone smoothly and it rarely takes more than 2-3 weeks for my claims to be processed. I wish everyone else good luck and for those of you considering this insurance, I hope your experience is as positive as mine.

Original review: July 11, 2018

They are the worst. Take your pet one time for something and they put it as an exclusion - I change my dog's food and her stomach got upset and took her to Vet and submitted the invoice. Would not even pay for that and said she will not be covered for gastrointestinal problems. My Vet even wrote a letter saying it was the change of food and I have 7 months later have not had the problem again - her stomach is fine but they still will not pay for it down the road if her stomach gets upset again - took her to the vet. Her anal glands need to be expressed for $21.00. Would not pay for that - in a year the only thing they paid for was heartworm and nothing else.

Was told my policy covered fixing her. They would not pay for that!!! I put in three claims. The only thing they paid for was heartworm pills. DO NOT bother with them. They are terrible and a rip off - Save your money and I hope they go out of business - I was with VPI for 30 years and at least they were honest. Nationwide is disgusting and a TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I recently signed up for pet insurance through Nationwide through my employer. I currently have a pup on Healthy Paws that I kept there but put my other pup on Nationwide. Well I recommend to you RUN as fast as you can from Nationwide. EVERY claim I have submitted has been rejected due to pre-existing conditions (LIE)! It takes them 3 months to process a claim, if I would have had my claim processed sooner I would have saved 3 months worth of premiums. WORST pet insurance company there is. Don't believe the ratings on the Nationwide website as it does not allow you to post a bad comment. Do your research and review pet insurances for a true evaluation on nonbiased websites. I hope I can save everyone a little bit of their hard earned money and allow your pet to be treated like the family member that they are, not a "pre-existing condition" that is not worthy of a company like Nationwide that does not put your pet first.

Original review: June 28, 2018

This pet insurance is a scam, they have deceptive business practice. They advertise and sell pet protective plan that covers all injuries and illness. However they did not reimburse a single penny for my ill dog. There are thousands upon thousands of bad reviews that this company is a scam. I don't know how they are still allowed to deceive and rob people.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have two greyhounds. Both get regular, annual check ups and dental cleanings, and wellness checks. Recently I moved from ASPCA Pet Insurance to Nationwide's pet insurance as my employer offers us discounted payments for Nationwide. After sending in my pet's history and getting coverage started, several weeks later I had the annual dental cleaning done for my female dog. And then sent the claim into Nationwide.

The claim took over 4 months to process. The claim was denied because they categorized cleaning tartar as a "pre-existing condition"!!! Here was their quote: "A pre-existing condition is any condition that began or was treated up to twelve months before the effective date of this policy, whether or not the condition was discovered, diagnosed or treated." Of course I had tartar removed 12 months ago!!! This is a total scam as they advertise that on their wellness plan you can get dental cleanings covered, but when you do, they call it a pre-existing condition! This is a total rip off!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased pet insurance for my puppy and it was very important that it cover genetic issues at any age as my previous dog had a genetic problem and I didn’t have any insurance. Nationwide’s website states genetic issues are covered. My puppy had a procedure on his eyes as he has entropion. (It is not serious if treated and it is fixable and not something that returns once corrected). He had a stapling procedure done which could hopefully prevent him from having to have surgery when he is older. Nationwide picked up none of these costs as they said the policy is not to cover genetic issues diagnosed before 12 months. I guess this was buried somewhere in my policy but I think a reputable company should be telling people this when they call which I did. Not only will they not pick up any costs associated with the stapling procedure, they won’t cover the initial visit to the eye Dr. because the result was a genetic issue.

And then I find out, if he has to have surgery which would be after he’s a year old they would only pick up partial payment ($500 out of an estimated $3,000 bill). However the first person I spoke to just said yes when I asked if the surgery would be covered. The second time I called is when I was told “no that is only then partially covered.” I have recently called other companies and they tell you over the phone what is covered and not covered and the % that are covered. There are many companies that cover genetic issues before a year. I just wish I had been smart enough to go with one of those companies from the beginning because now it is considered a pre existing condition and no one will cover it. Nationwide’s website presents as a company that provides all this great coverage but beware so you aren’t in a position like I found myself.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased as a new voluntary benefit through my work this year. Sales explained what it would cover, turns out they flat lied. We have owned dogs and cats for over 30 years so we are not new to the pet world and were excited to buy insurance based on what we were told. We bought the Wellness plan, 6 months later our claim was denied and every charge was deemed as pre-existing.

Nationwide has vets on staff to pick apart your pets' health to deny all claims as pre-existing. Don't listen to the enrollment sales staff. They will not cover dentals and other issues, they will delay your claim 60-180 days and only pay a small portion of your claim if you are lucky and fight for it. Don't end up like us wasting your money on an insurance and ultimately paying 100% of your pet care - Nationwide Insurance and Wellness plan is a SCAM! I believe a class action lawsuit will be picked up on this service in short time as if you research online everyone is seeing similar issues.

Original review: June 7, 2018

First they denied allergies and ear infections as pre existing. Anything to do with allergies is not covered which is ridiculous, because allergies can cause a lot of things. To get the ear infections covered I sent the notes showing she had one infection which resolved. The notes mentioned a one time heart murmur as stated it could be a result of the steroids she was on for the medication. All the other notes I sent showed no murmur. Even though the records I sent were for the ear infection, because they MENTIONED a one time heart murmur, nothing involving her heart is covered now considered pre existing. Every other exam before and after has shown a healthy heart no murmur.

Third the website and emails say you will be billed a deposit first two months and then for the 10 subsequent months. Today marks my second month and I was charged the monthly fee. When I called and even spoke with a supervisor I was told, "Oh that's actually the first and last month," she even agreed with me that it says first two months specifically - which should mean the first two months, but that's just not how it's done. I will be reaching out to their legal department as this is a flat out misrepresentation when it SPECIFICALLY says first two months but they actually mean first and last months.

Original review: May 29, 2018

This company encounters delays and doesn't update the claim status to keep insurers aware of what is going on in the review. They have asked for additional records from my vets repeatedly and my dog has passed on and still no claim resolution. Don’t know what is taking them so long but eventually they will need to give me closure. It’s sad that I need to revisit this heartbreaking matter and the delay tactics are just so awful. I understand there are pre-existing conditions that people try to pass off but this is not the case.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Why people try to compare others to what others agree upon is a salesperson with the brain of a fly. What should any care what others do unless others pay their debts too, it is basically a voice of stupidity. Nationwide Pet Insurance originally quoted $754.96 for full coverage for my dog, $250 deductible and no waiting period. I told them I was a disabled vet, and had to budget my funds to buy that coverage - Response in Spring 2018 was "No problem. Call us when you’re ready." Today it's May 2018, and this person tells me they have lower my deductible to $100. Rather than the $250; then they raised the insurance cost almost $400.00. The smarty pants says "what's $400 dollars." It is a heck of a lot of money for ones already struggling, but that isn't the point. Then tells me there is a 14 days awaiting period.

I said, Nationwide has listed "no waiting period" - Well I am changing that he says - An employee makes decisions for a company - Yea right. Just admit it Nationwide Pet Insurance you’re liars, you lied to me from beginning, and now you're lying again calling it a savings. Where is the savings if you increase same coverage almost $400.00. It's so true that "insurance isn't worth a damn unless you need it; and, if you choose Nationwide for your pet's care it still isn't worth a damn." Be wise and Be smart. Do not believe a word Nationwide Pet Insurance says, even their written agreement is filled with misleading and hoodwinking words - Save the blood pressure - Just say No to Nationwide Pet Insurance.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have two dogs, one two year old and one 5 month old. As soon as I rescued them, I put insurance on them because I never wanted to be in the position of not getting them the best care. I placed Major Medical insurance on them and was satisfied, until the time came that I actually had to use it. My puppy developed aspiration pneumonia and ended up in the emergency room overnight. The bill came to a little over $2,000. We have a $250 co-pay. They only gave us a check for $740. They said that that is the most they will pay for that type of injury. I said what's the point of a co-pay then? Also, I showed them on their own website that for my plan lung infection is shown as Full Coverage, not a partial coverage. They still insisted they only pay a max out of $740. STAY AWAY! They are quick to take your money, but do not stand by their own website and a co-pay means NOTHING!

Original review: May 2, 2018

My job started offering pet insurance and Nationwide is who provided it. I got insurance for two of my cats. My 9 year old Olive and 2 year old Grover. I got the most expensive and comprehensive plans they offer. Two months after getting the insurance Olive needed her teeth cleaned so I had to have bloodwork done before she went under. The bloodwork showed she had hypothyroidism. She had never shown any symptoms but I was so happy I had the insurance. Nationwide wanted all her records which I provided and I am hypervigilant about bringing my cats to the vet. They denied my claims for subsequent visits saying she had a pre-existing condition even though she did not. Then they told me she was ten years old and could not receive the coverage I applied for. I have her adoption paperwork and she wasn't ten yet.

They did everything they could to not pay any of her bills. I was on the phone with multiple vets, multiple Nationwide reps and it was a run around the whole time. They lost out on my money because my young cat had no issues and I was giving them a lot of money for their top coverage. I take excellent care of my cats and they made my life a living hell. My third cat was dying at the time and I didn't get him covered and their cold and unhelpful manners made my life even worse. I will tell everyone I know how horrible they are until they are out of business.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Nationwide continue to deny my claims to cover my cat’s diabetes even though she was diagnosed while covered by their major medical policy. Despite a call from my vet and jumping through numerous hurdles, and after paying out nearly 10k in expenses, they finally (after dragging their feet for five months), paid me $155. This is a fraudulently run business and they should be ashamed. Beware and don’t bother!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I’ve had insurance. The VPI Pet Insurance and then they became Nationwide. I signed up for my second dog and learned they took away a lot of coverage from what VPI offered my first dog. I took my new puppy for regular checkups and on the 3rd visit she had some nasal drainage. Turned into pneumonia and Nationwide denied the claim trying to say it was “pre-existing”. They only offered codes and when I asked for the reasonings and proof their underwriting team used to back up their claim, I was told I don’t get to see that. Then the manager told me that Because the dog had diarrhea listed from a food change, that Nationwide would also list that as pre-existing so any claims in the future would be denied. I never even filed for that and they took whatever they could to make sure they deny anything!!! They steal your money and do everything to line their pockets.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My husband was provided pet insurance through his employer. We signed up, began paying premium and provided them all info we had from our senior rescued dog. Nationwide denied first 2 claims stating we didn't meet the deductible. Now they won't reimburse his ear infection or the follow up because they want records from years before we had the dog. The dog was neglected for 8 years in someone's backyard. There are no records and when we tell Nationwide they continue to ask for records from 11/2016.

One letter states if we have no records, provide the most current. And we did several times from our vet, the rescued invoices were sent and Nationwide ignores and refuses to reimburse. I have filed a formal complaint with the State of CA. Nationwide also admitted that they failed to underwrite the dog properly prior to our getting him because my husband signed up as a work benefit. They stated that they have discontinued that set up because it's caused so many problems. Yet, I am out claims & credit card fees. I have cancelled Nationwide and you should stay away too.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have a healthy 3 year old chocolate lab, but decided to get Pet Insurance. I did extensive research amongst 4-5 pet insurance and finally decided to go with Nationwide Pet Insurance. Their website prominently claims that their "Major Medical" plan covers cancer, ACL surgery and a few more. So I signed up with Nationwide Pet. A few months after my dog got an ACL issue playing with other dogs at the park. The surgery is $6500 and I was relieved to have purchased insurance. But when I call them to in advance of surgery they said, "Oh we have this long list of major things we do not cover in the first 12 months," even though I am paying $850/year for the insurance. Their claims on the website are deceitful and I would have selected a different agency. I have filed a complaint with the California Dept of Insurance. Do not buy this insurance. Look at their ratings. There are 260 negative claims and a rating of 1.5/5.

Original review: April 18, 2018

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR NATIONWIDE. I submitted 10 claims from 2/1/18-4/4/18 for my 17-year-old cat only to discover it was not arthritis or kidney disease, but multiple myeloma (cancer). Total amount spent: $3609.xx. I did everything I could to save my cat, blood transfusion and chemo, but it was his time to go... I ended up having to euthanize him. Just found out that all claims I submitted were DENIED due to "pre-existing conditions". This was because NATIONWIDE submitted a questionnaire to the animal hospital, with one question asking if I was aware of when my cat exhibited signs or symptoms. Because the veterinarian wrote, "24-48" hours before the scheduled appointment, all claims were denied. Even the veterinarian expressed that the questionnaire appeared to be worded in such a way that any answer would result in a claim denial.

Also, on Facebook, Yelp, and other reviews, I noticed a pattern of complaints where claims were denied because NATIONWIDE determined the pet had a pre-existing condition. I have also noticed that there's a difference in the interpretation between the consumer and NATIONWIDE regarding NATIONWIDE'S definition of pre-existing condition, which is defined as: "...any condition for which a veterinarian provided medical advice, the pet received treatment for, or the pet displayed SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS consistent with the stated condition prior to the effective date of a pet insurance policy or during any waiting period."

I think what angers me the most is that people (myself included), in good faith, sign up for a pet insurance company, pay monthly premiums, thinking that if something happens to their pet, all we need to do is submit claims, medical records, and lab results, and we will receive a FAIRLY DECENT REIMBURSEMENT. I was never expecting close to the full amount I spent. Instead, most people get denied because NATIONWIDE found a sign or symptom that falls under their pre-existing condition clause. That is how they get you. This is very duplicitous on NATIONWIDE'S behalf and NATIONWIDE is robbing people of their hard-earned money and trust. I very rarely, if ever, write reviews, but their business practices come across very shady. "Hell hath no fury like a pet owner scorned!"

Original review: April 9, 2018

After verifying with my veterinarian I had a valid claim and filling out all the appropriate paperwork. I later come to find Nationwide will not pay one penny of the $973 claim I made to pull my dog's deciduous teeth and help the infection in his mouth. After a 5-hour surgery and not $1. Sorry Nationwide. You just lost a lot of customers. I'm also in the Vet business and will be sure to spread the word after I canceled my policy.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had this insurance for the last 2 years for my dog, it was offered as part of my work health plan, so I thought it would be great to have in case anything ever happened. I paid my premiums for over a year and a half and never made a claim, then my dog injured himself and it turned out to be a crucial tear in his knee. $4k in Vet bills later, I submitted my first claim.

I received a response after a few weeks saying they would need more information and would send me a letter with the details. 2 and a half months later I still hadn't seen anything, so I contacted them. Within a week they said they'd need the last year of medical history for my dog, which I got from the vet and sent them. During all this I had a couple minor follow up visits which I submitted claims for as mostly I wondered what they would do with those as well.

On the same day, I basically got denied for all 3 claims, but they were quick to point out at least they had applied $10 towards my annual deductible of $250... So I got that going for me. Don't bother ever signing up with this company. It's a complete scam, all they do is deny claims and never pay anything out. You may as well just start chucking $50/month in the garbage can for all the good it will do for you and your pet.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I would rate zero stars if I could. I purchased Nationwide’s top of the line insurance plan for two of my cats. The coverage includes accidents, physical wellness and dental wellness. The premiums were offered as a group discount through my employer at around $72 a month for both cats, with a $250 annual deductible for each cat plus 10% coinsurance. Given the cost of Vet bills, this seemed worth it.

After 4 months on the plan, one cat went in for a dental cleaning. Pre-dental senior bloodwork and the cleaning itself came out around $450 to $500. I submitted the claim and after my deductible, I was denied all but $4.95. The cat’s entire dental cleaning was denied for a pre-existing condition. Here was the condition noted... Before the cleaning, the cat was in for an annual check-up and the Vet saw a possible lesion forming on one of cat’s teeth. The Vet recommended I keep an eye on the tooth and schedule a cleaning within the next year. Obviously not a big deal right? Four months later the dental cleaning is complete, no tooth lesion found and/or extraction needed. Easy right? Nope! Because the Vet documented a possible lesion in the record and the cat is missing a couple teeth, it’s considered a pre-existing condition. The cat has been missing those teeth for years, and Nationwide has all the medical records that state such.

This is very frustrating. My mind and stress level tell me to just let it go, cancel the policy and move on. My heart and personality tell me to dispute it (out of principle) because this is **. I’m also not impressed with the length of time it takes Nationwide to process a claim. Don’t let the Nationwide propaganda fool you. The brochures are lovely and appealing, but your pet’s birth will likely be classified as a pre-existing condition, resulting in denied claims. If I chose to battle and the result is positive (not holding my breath) I will update this review.

Not sure about Nationwide Pet Insurance ?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Pet Insurance for you.

Nationwide Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Founded in 1982, when Veterinary Pet Insurance issued their first policy on TV star Lassie, this company has insured more than 1 million pets. Their commitment to making quality vet care affordable is backed by the financial stability of one of the world's largest insurance companies, Nationwide.

• Emergency help line: Emergencies can happen at any time, so having access to those trained in veterinary medicine 24/7 can make all the difference. Veterinary Pet Insurance offers free access to its help line with any of its policies.

• Tiered service plans: Veterinary care can be expensive, even when only looking at annual routine care. This company offers plans that cover everything from routine maintenance to comprehensive coverage.

• Exotic pets covered: In addition to their plans that cover dogs and cats, this pet health insurance company also offers coverage for everything from sugar gliders to opossums.

• Immediate coverage: Many pet insurance plans have a waiting period between enrollment and effective coverage date. With Veterinary Pet Insurance, coverage begins 24 hours after receiving payment.

• No networks: Use the vet you are most comfortable with and take control of the treatment plan. Covered services are always covered, with no pre-approvals needed.

• Best for: Dog lovers, cat lovers, exotic pet owners and multi-pet households.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

P.O. Box 2344
    Brea
    www.petinsurance.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business