2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Figo Pet Insurance offers policies for dogs and cats to help owners save on visits to the vet. Customers can choose deductible amounts, reimbursement percentages and annual limits for plans covering accidents, illnesses and injuries. Figo’s three plans allow you to visit any licensed vet in the world and come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Figo Pet Insurance Gallery (3)
BOTTOM LINE

Figo Pet Insurance offers three customizable plans covering accidents and illnesses for dogs and cats at least 8 weeks old. Plans with 100% reimbursement or unlimited annual benefits are available.

PROS
  • Flexible plan options
  • No upper age limit
  • Claim filing via app
  • 24/7 live vet chat
CONS
  • No wellness plan add-on
  • Standard plan doesn't pay exam fees

Top Figo Pet Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

If you have carefully reviewed your contract of coverage, you should be very happy with Figo. They process claims quickly ... Most important to me as a former insurance adjuster is that they tend to resolve questions in the contract in favor of the insured rather than themselves.

Puppy has Figo since 10 weeks old. We chose unlimited coverage with $200 deductible. Phone App allows filing claims in vet’s office with photos of vet statements. Paid usually within 4-7 days via bank deposit... Monthly fees reasonable. You will not regret Figo.

Figo Pet Insurance Get Pricing

How does Figo Pet Insurance work?

Figo Pet Insurance reimburses you for vet costs for your dogs or cats when they have unexpected injuries or illness, according to the terms of your plan. You pay a monthly fee for coverage; you can visit any licensed vet in the world, then file a claim for reimbursement.

The claims process can be completed online, by phone, by fax or by email; you just need a copy of your paid invoice and your pet’s medical records. Figo processes all claims within 30 days, with a goal of no more than seven of 10 business days. You can be reimbursed via direct deposit or mailed check. Depending on your plan, you may have an unlimited annual benefit or a reimbursement level of 10%.

What does Figo Pet Insurance cover?

When your dog or cat has a new injury, accident or illness, Figo covers costs for the following:

• Emergency and hospitalization
  • Chronic conditions
  • Food and Drug Administration-approved prescriptions

Figo does not cover:

• Preexisting conditions
  • Routine, wellness or preventive care
  • Spaying or neutering
  • Experimental or cosmetic procedures
  • Care related to breeding and birth
  • Routine dental care
  • Most parasites

Figo offers two add-on coverage options: one covers exam fees for accident and illness visits, and the other covers cremation and burial, lost pet advertising and reward, vacation cancellation due to a pet emergency, pet theft and property damage liability.

How much does Figo Pet Insurance cost?

Figo offers three plans: Essential, Preferred and Ultimate. All plans cover the same items but have different annual benefit amounts.

You can get a free monthly premium quote online. To give you an idea of what you can expect to pay, we got quotes for two different dogs in Tulsa, Oklahoma: a 3-year old male golden retriever and a 12-year-old female Maltese.

For both quotes, we went with the company’s preselected options for annual deductible and reimbursement percentages.

For the golden retriever, the company suggested an 80% reimbursement and $250 deductible.

Annual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$26.97
Preferred$10,000$31.48
UltimateUnlimited$35.74

For the Maltese, the company preselected an 80% reimbursement rate and $500 deductible.

Annual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$61.26
Preferred$10,000$71.49
UltimateUnlimited$81.16

Your monthly cost increases or decreases based on the reimbursement percentage and deductible you select. To lower your monthly premium, choose a lower reimbursement level or a higher annual deductible.

Figo Pet Insurance FAQ

Can I visit any veterinarian?
Yes, you can visit any licensed veterinarian in the world.
Does Figo Pet Insurance cover preexisting conditions?
No, Figo doesn’t cover preexisting conditions. It may cover conditions that are considered “curable.” The company recommends contacting its customer service for more information.
What is Figo Pet Cloud?
Figo Pet Cloud is Figo’s app. The app sends you vet visit reminders, helps connect you to a licensed vet 24/7, organizes your pet’s records and shows you where to find pet parks and day care. You can also use Figo Pet Cloud to socialize with other pet owners.
What is Figo Pet Insurance’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel your Figo insurance policy at any time by emailing or calling Figo. If you cancel within the first 30 days and haven’t made a claim, you get a full refund. Otherwise, refund policies vary by state.
Does Figo have a money-back guarantee?
Yes, Figo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel within 30 days and haven’t made a claim, you will receive a full refund.

Is Figo Pet Insurance good?

Figo Pet Insurance is a good choice for dogs and cats. The company gives you options for the annual benefit, reimbursement percentage and annual deductible, including plans with an unlimited benefit or 100% reimbursement. You can visit any licensed vet and have multiple ways to file a claim. If you’re searching for coverage for your dog or cat that’s at least 8 weeks old, get a quote from Figo — it takes less than a minute.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

When I was looking for pet insurance for my rescue dog, I did a massive amount of research. I compared premiums, deductibles, coverage, and age limitations. I read many *many* reviews, and changed my mind multiple times. In the end, I landed on Figo and I'm extremely glad I did. Figo's premium rates are quite reasonable, and their deductible structure is highly customizable and generous. My dog's current plan covers *90%* of non-wellness expenses after a $500 deductible. I did not find any other pet insurance plan that offered anything close. They have even covered behavioral expenses, including visits to a certified behaviorist and medication.

In addition to all this, I love the fact that Figo allows me to submit and resolve claims entirely without paper. They process all my claims through their web platform and smart phone app and they process them FAST. When I am due to be reimbursed for an expense, the money is direct deposited into my bank account, usually within fewer than 24 hours. It's hard to beat that kind of turnaround time. My calls to customer service have been efficient and friendly, and I haven't had to fight Figo on a single claim. Because of all this, I am thrilled with my own choice, and am constantly referring other pet parents to check out Figo for their pet's insurance needs.

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

My dog is around 13 years old and I rescued her over 8 years ago. I hadn't really considered insurance until she started getting older and was worried that the time would come when she would have an issue and knew I would do whatever it took to take care of her. I took out pet insurance over a year ago before she had any issues. The first year I put through a couple visits and had no issue with reimbursement. Just this past month she had to have emergency surgery and between the vet visit and the subsequent emergency room visit, it was over $8,000.

While I had no issues with previous submissions, I was concerned that because of the high cost of surgery the insurance company might not want to reimburse me. It took longer than the other submissions but the other ones were reimbursed within a couple days. Figo had to wait for some notes from my vet and emergency room. They closed the case before they received those notes but opened it right away after I called and got my vet to send the notes. Once that happened, I received reimbursement of about $6,50, after deductible with my 90% plan. The only thing not reimbursed was tax. All in all, even with those issues and the high cost, it took them about 8-10 days to approve the claim and to deposit it in my account.

My premiums went up after the first year but the reality is with her age and the submissions, it was to be expected. I'm not looking forward to what the premiums will be next year but there's not much I wouldn't do for my girl. I'd definitely recommend them as I've not had any problems with coverage and it saved me so much.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Reviewing all of the plans in 2016 when I got my new dog, there were about 8 different pet insurance companies that were pretty legit, I came upon one of the very newest ones, Figo... and they blew me away! What I liked about them is that I could tell they REALLY did their homework — I could tell they studied all of the other companies out there, kept all the good stuff these companies offered and left all the bad stuff behind. The premium price was great. The coverage was great. I spoke to them on the phone and got a taste of their customer service. Well, they sold me!

1. Coverage: they cover everything I need — and I have always been reimbursed for everything as I've expected, even physical therapy. My dog unfortunately had to have four surgeries this year, two major, two minor, and everything was covered. Also, they are one of the few companies (maybe now the only one?) that covers 100% of the bill, if you choose that option (there are also several lower coverage options for lower premiums). Most other companies don't offer more than 90% and some even less than that. They also cover all exam fees as an optional add-on — many companies don't offer that option at all.

2. Claims Process: yes, at one time they did have a problem there. But they have since corrected that and I usually get most reimbursements approved within a day or two and then it just takes another day or two for them to direct deposit into my account.

3. Customer Service: excellent! I actually have one customer service rep who helps me regularly and she is terrific. But a lot can be done on their app — they were the first pet insurance company to come out with an app and they have the best one in the business. Very, very easy to submit a claim — and you can look at all the documents 24/7.

4. Premium Coverage: It was great first two years. Then they changed carriers and it went up exponentially. I was none too pleased. They finally changed their carrier earlier this year and it went DOWN exponentially yet my coverage remained the same (except they no longer cover dental for reasons of illness, only accidents). So, they listened to their customers and I couldn't be happier.

I couldn't be more pleased how things are going with Figo. As long as my annual rate increase is incremental and not exponential, I anticipate my happiness will not diminish. One thing to do in your search for pet insurance: compare at least three different companies, or even a half-dozen, if you have the time and patience. This shouldn't be something you go into without some deep research. Once you go with a company and you submit a claim, that condition you submitted for will become "pre-existing" if you change insurance companies and they won't cover it. Even Figo may not be perfect for your needs, so compare. Also, do what is called a Medical Records Review for at least two, if not three, of your final choices. When you do that the companies will tell you what they will and won't cover, so there will be no surprises. Good luck!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Figo was affordable the first year, but be ready for the price gauge for any subsequent years that you re-enroll your pet. For example, the first year it was $350, the second year was $575, and the third year they were wanting $750!! Mind you, my pet has no significant medical issues and didn’t even meet his deductible the second year. I absolutely refused the $750 price and they were magically able to find a different underwriter and provide me with a more reasonable premium, still expensive, but more reasonable. Pay attention to what you are buying. If you want more holistic services, but you only get a $600 worth of those treatments.

With all this said, I am utterly impressed with the customer service at Figo. I worked with a very effective and professional agent during the process of finding that new magical underwriter. She was patient, kind, and addressed my concerns as best she could during the whole process. Filing claims is crazy easy through the app and claims are usually closed very quickly with the reimbursement appearing in your account within a matter of days of the initial claim. Anytime I have had questions about reimbursements or services, Figo staff have been quick to respond and knowledgeable. I do feel that Figo staff really care about their customers/pets.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We switched to Figo from Allstate in 2019, two months after our 3 year old Bernese Mountain Dog got diagnosed with lymphoma. Not only did Figo make a huge difference financially and allowed us to make choices for our girl based on what we felt was best, and not what we could financially afford, but when we made the heartbreaking decision to let our girl go, Figo reimbursed us a prorated premium amount because we only had our coverage for 2 months before she passed. I could have cried, we were so broken in spirit and financially that I couldn't believe they reimbursed us after we had already used our coverage!

I now have it for our one year old bernese/pyrenees mix and am so happy. I've recommended Figo to all of my friends with pets. I also love that you can modify coverage for what fits best for you. If I were to change anything about Figo it would be the app. Its usability is a little off, and while it's cute to have a pet social media factor, this is a pet insurance company first and should present as such in the app, but instead first presents as a pet social media. Other than that they're great, and the Evie claim submission chat is excellent usability.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

When we decided to get pet insurance for our new puppy, Hobo, we never dreamed we would need to use it so soon. Shortly after we chose Figo, Hobo was diagnosed with a liver shunt & needed surgery. If it hadn’t been for Figo we would have been in terrible debt to be able to afford the surgery. We may have even had to postpone it to secure the funds. Needless to say, Figo to the rescue! Thousands of dollars later, Hobo was recovering & our bill was minimal. Figo was definitely a lifesaver for our little Hobo!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I really appreciate the quick turnaround of my reimbursement check after having to pay some hefty vet/doctors' bills for my boxer. The site is super easy to use and easy to understand. Uploading receipts was easy as well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

When an insurance company chooses to switch underwriters during a pandemic with the knowledge that some customers will be unable to switch insurance is a move by a company that doesn't really care about the animals they insure. My cat Brownee right before the start of the pandemic was diagnosed with cancer and during the pandemic hypertension. The higher premiums are painful on my pocket and I raised my deductible to $1500 to avoid the high monthly premium payments; They also engage in shady behavior now -- they deducted double the renewal amount and then would not refund the full amount.

Without any advance notice they decided to deduct two months of premiums and the billing dept has to clear it with some other dept before refund. I will not recommend them to anyone who has an animal they need to purchase insurance for and would tell them to look into other forms of pet insurance. I don't like having to say that this choice I made about 4 years ago is now a mistake. It's about profits, not the well being of animals.

Figo Pet Insurance response
    Hi Sakinah,

We're sorry to hear about this experience. Since we process claims by subtracting your deductible from the total bill, we are not able to reimburse funds for a claim unless your annual deductible has been reached for that policy term. Likewise, we are glad to see that you were able to get refunded for the tech error that caused this billing mishap. We've been honored to have the opportunity to protect Brownee since 2016 and we wish you both the best throughout this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Figo has been wonderful for me and my dog Duncan. We've had their insurance since he was a puppy and I'm so grateful for that because Duncan has some health issues. He was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease around a year and a half and we've had to submit a lot of claims for it. Regardless of his condition I would still have this insurance, especially for big dogs. It's super easy to submit claims and we've rarely had issues with them. The one time we did it was early on and I was able to get on the phone with a person to resolve it. A+ experience.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Hoped for the best after reading a number of review sites for this insurance. It always feels something will not go right. We picked the right amount of coverage we wanted and needed. Unfortunately, we are having to use our coverage to help a very unexpected situation. Fortunately, they have made it clean cut and straight-forward. Provide proper paperwork utilizing the app, give them a few days and poof, reimbursement in your account. Let's us focus on keeping kitties happy and healthy.

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information