2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Figo Pet Insurance provides health coverage for dogs and cats and can help offset pet owners’ vet bills by a significant amount. For a monthly fee, Figo covers vet bills related to common pet accidents, injuries and illness. Policyholders can set their own deductible and reimbursement percentage to customize their pricing.

Figo Pet Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Figo Pet Insurance offers customizable plans for dogs and cats and covers most major items, including emergency room visits and surgeries. A policy with Figo can cut vet costs significantly.

PROS

• Three plan options
  • Select your deductible
  • Affordable policies
  • 100% reimbursement available

CONS

• Preventative care not covered
  • Plans for older dogs can be pricey

Top Figo Pet Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

If you have carefully reviewed your contract of coverage, you should be very happy with Figo. They process claims quickly ... Most important to me as a former insurance adjuster is that they tend to resolve questions in the contract in favor of the insured rather than themselves.

Puppy has Figo since 10 weeks old. We chose unlimited coverage with $200 deductible. Phone App allows filing claims in vet’s office with photos of vet statements. Paid usually within 4-7 days via bank deposit... Monthly fees reasonable. You will not regret Figo.

Figo Pet Insurance Learn More

How does Figo Pet Insurance work?

Figo Pet Insurance provides health insurance for your pet and reimburses you for vet bills for covered conditions and treatments. You pay a monthly fee for coverage, and the company reimburses you the percentage specified by your plan.

Figo Pet Insurance coverage

Depending on your plan, Figo covers the following items related to accidents, injuries and illness:

• Exam and consultation fees
  • Surgeries
  • Veterinary specialists

Figo does not cover:

• Preexisting conditions
  • Routine, wellness or preventative care
  • Spaying or neutering
  • Experimental or cosmetic procedures
  • Care related to breeding and birth

Figo Pet Insurance cost

Figo offers three plans: Essential, Preferred and Ultimate. All plans cover the same items but offer varying total annual benefits.

You can get a free quote online to find your exact monthly cost and annual benefit. To give you an idea of what you can expect to pay, we got quotes for two different dogs: a 3-year old Golden retriever mix who weighs 70 pounds and a 12-year-old Maltese weighing 7 pounds.

For both quotes, we went with the company’s preselected options for deductible and reimbursement percentages, which were different for each dog.

For the golden retriever mix, the company suggested an 80% reimbursement and $250 deductible.

PlanAnnual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$19.01
Preferred$10,000$21.18
UltimateUnlimited$21.99

For the Maltese, the company preselected a 70% reimbursement rate and $750 deductible. The quotes show that costs increase significantly if your pet is older.

PlanAnnual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$62.10
Preferred$10,000$70.28
UltimateUnlimited$73.34

Your monthly cost increases or decreases based on the reimbursement percentage and deductible you select. You have the option to be reimbursed for vet bills at 70%, 80%, 90% or 100%. The company offers deductibles that range between $500 and $1,500.

Figo Pet Insurance FAQ

Can I visit any veterinarian?
Yes, you can choose any animal care provider you like.
Does Figo Pet Insurance cover preexisting conditions?
No. Like most pet insurance companies, Figo does not cover preexisting conditions.
What is Figo Pet Cloud?
Pet Cloud is Figo’s app. The app lets you easily manage your dog’s care, appointments and medical history. The app also locates nearby pet parks, walking trails, daycare, pet-friendly restaurants and dog walkers. The company has a live vet chat feature available 24/7 via the app.
What is Figo Pet Insurance’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel your Figo insurance policy at any time by emailing or calling the company’s support team.
Does Figo have a money-back guarantee?
Figo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel within that window, you will receive a full refund.

Is Figo Pet Insurance good?

Pet owners know that vet bills can add up quickly. We think Figo Pet Insurance offers good coverage at reasonable rates, especially for younger pets. Getting your pet on an insurance plan provides reassurance, especially if you have a pet prone to getting into trouble by eating foreign objects or engaging in daredevil behavior that could cause injury.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2020

In May, our 3 and a half year old Lab/Shepherd mix Charlie began having severe cluster seizures out of the blue and was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy. We've been to the emergency vet 5+ times to get him treated and on the right medication, and the cost has quickly run into the thousands of dollars. Without Figo, we probably would have lost our pup because we wouldn't have been able to afford the care he needs.

In retrospect, we couldn't have made a better investment, for ourselves financially or for Charlie. Paying for pet insurance every month and not using it (like we've done for the last two years) sometimes seems like an unnecessary expense, but when you need it, you'll be glad you have it, trust me. Figo has also been FAST with reimbursements; so far every claim (9 since may) has been processed within at most 3 days. Thank you Figo! Sincerely, Lee and Sandy (and Charlie and Ruby)

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 28, 2020

I can’t recommend Figo enough. I didn’t use any services for years, just paid monthly, but when my dogs time came, she crashed quickly. Suddenly I was facing thousands of $ of expenses if I wanted to try to prolong her life. When I confirmed her coverage with figo, a huge weight was lifted. To know that I could do whatever I thought was best for her, and not worry that I’d be going broke. It took a huge factor out of the equation and allowed me to focus on my dog and what was right for her. After she passed, Figo was amazing. I didn’t have to speak with anyone directly, I was too emotional, I was able to use chat to conclude all business.

The vet I ended up at actually filed a claim directly with Figo for me, so they had all the records when I went to follow up. There were no loopholes or hidden fees, I was reimbursed as my plan promised. After reviewing the vet records I was issued a lump sum within weeks of her passing. We just signed our other dog up last week!

Original review: June 28, 2020

Getting pet insurance through Figo was the best decision I've ever made. When I rescued my big guy I knew I wanted pet insurance for a few reasons. First because everything is more expensive for big dogs and second because of the risk of plenty of health issues with them. Thankfully I got it when I did because shortly after he joined our family we found out he had a severe case of hip dysplasia. With everything we've gone through after finding out, Figo has been nothing but helpful and life saving! Thank you so much for being there when we need you most, for making the process so easy, and for having such amazing policies and still not price gouging!

Original review: June 18, 2020

My wife and I purchased a Figo policy the same week we brought our first puppy home. Unfortunately for our little guy, the first 4 - 6 months were tough for him, experiencing virtually every common illness a dog may suffer from, even having to be rushed to an emergency veterinary hospital at one point. Without our policy, the vet bills could have been a massive weight to carry. We've been so thankful we chose Figo, especially making the investment in their best product offerings. Figo has kept our puppy covered, and we never fear when walking into our vet.

Figo is easy to use, totally digital, and filing claims is super fast. We usually see our payment come through within 1-2 days. To top it all off, their service and staff have been nothing but kind, patient, and flexible. I would HIGHLY recommend Figo to anyone. Anytime we talk about our dog with friends, family, and strangers, Figo inevitably comes up. We've had such a good experience with them, we want others to know that there's an insurance company out there that does it right. Buy with confidence!

Original review: June 17, 2020

My dog, Khaleesi, became very sick last June & required 2 weeks of hospitalization. We were very fortunate to have purchased an insurance policy from Figo. I found it very easy to submit my bills & documentation online to Figo & my claims were processed very quickly. I highly recommend Figo to all my friends. Khaleesi's bills were very expensive & it would have been extremely difficult to cover the cost of her medical treatment without having pet insurance. I can't thank Figo enough for making the process so easy during a very stressful time for me. My Khaleesi is a very special part of our family, & Figo was there to make sure she received the top-notch treatment she needed. Thank you from my heart! We are extremely grateful to be part of the Figo family!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Figo is the best pet insurance company. Their customer service is excellent, claims are processed extremely fast and they offer a wide variety of plans to meet your needs and financial aspects. Monthly premiums are the absolute best around.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

After much research when I first adopted my kitten I opted for Figo for coverage due to their reasonable rates and good coverage options. I knew policy costs would slightly increase over the duration of my time with them, however what I did not expect was for there to be a complete change in coverage and cost. I have been paying for a policy with 100% reimbursement after a $250 deductible and $14K annual benefit, which is now being altered to a $10K annual benefit, $1000 deductible, and only 90% reimbursement for MORE than I have been paying for the past two years.

This dramatic change in policy coverage and cost is unwieldy. I am now with a 2 year old cat looking for other insurance options for her because I have completely lost faith in this company that they wont keep hiking up costs and reducing coverage. I have attempted to call them, left a voicemail, and have not yet received back any reply. I am very disappointed in this experience and would have chosen a different company from the beginning had I known they would alter their costs and coverage to this extent.

Figo Pet Insurance response

Hi Lindsay, We appreciate the opportunity to insure Foxy over this last year. Our previous underwriter did have a history of issuing high rate increases every year, which prompted us to start working with a new underwriter. We believe this change in underwriters will prevent future increases in rate and create a better experience at the time of renewal. A supervisor from our customer experience team will be reaching out to you soon to further address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Switched to Figo two years ago because of their reasonable non-annual rate for my 6 yrs old dog. This year we took him to ER for a good treatment of medicine and also a surgery to relieve his pain for a total $4000+. All claims I filed was declined because they assumed that was a pre-existing conditions. Tried to get a reasonable response but the reply was perfunctory. So if you have an aged pet and want to have a responsible insurance company to cover your bill, better not Figo.

Figo Pet Insurance response

Hello, we hope that Ludan is feeling better! While we wish we could cover all claims, we cannot cover conditions that are specifically excluded on our policy, or conditions where the initial signs/symptoms began before the start of the policy or during the initial waiting periods. It appears that this was the case with Ludan's claim. A customer experience supervisor will be reaching out to review your claims in detail and address any concerns you may have.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Signed up my older dog and cat last year and was very impressed with the rates and customer service. Reimbursement times were processed in a timely manner. Out of nowhere I was notified in July that my renewal rates for the same coverage would be over double what I was paying. Was told the same spiel they’ve been writing on this site after every negative review (have a new underwriter with better track record, blah blah blah). I ultimately chose to pay the higher rate but things just went downhill from there.

My beloved dog who is everything to me just had cancer surgery and lo and behold the claim has been in process for almost a month now. I was told this is due to an influx of claims but how is that my problem? I’m paying good money (which they have no problem taking out each month when due) and I would expect at the very least their fabulous new underwriter would streamline the process so their quick turnaround time they guarantee would be honored. Even when I questioned their customer service rep today they said the amount of time I have been waiting is beyond what their policy is and they would make a note my claim would be expedited.

Lo and behold I received an email tonight saying it would be bumped out another week. My credit card payment is coming due and I need to pay it before I incur a substantial finance charge. That doesn’t seem to matter to Figo. Shame on you Figo for charging more for a drop in customer service. With my baby’s cancer I’m stuck because another company will view it as a preexisting condition. Figo you can write whatever you want in response to this review but it won’t matter with me. Your mission in helping pet parents has become horribly wrong and you are only looking at the bottom line now. People come to you in their most vulnerable times and you are capitalizing on that which is inexcusable. So disappointed.

Figo Pet Insurance response

Hi Katy, it appears our Claims Support Manager has reached out and reviewed with you the claim outcome, how it was it determined and the next steps that can be taken to appeal this decision. We’re sorry it was not the outcome you were expecting, but we are willing to help in any way possible to have the claim reviewed again. If any further questions or concerns come up, please reach out to our Claims Support Manager he’d be able to assist you further.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Figo pet insurance provides excellent customer. Once a bill is submitted, it is paid with 3-4 days. And my reimbursement goes directly into my checking account. I recommend Figo to anyone who asks me about it!

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information