Figo Pet InsuranceConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Expect slow processing and then if you have a question or complaint, someone to argue with you about how you don’t know how insurance works. Not happy so far. They want vet records for everything uploaded and then it just sits there in an uploaded file. Have been paying premiums but have not received a payment for anything yet.
Figo Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky
Figo Pet Insurance, created in 2012, is a company that provides health insurance for cats and dogs. It's the first cloud-based insurance company that offers personal Web-based tools and applications for pets and pet owners.
Healthcare made easy: Figo Pet Insurance's simple claims process makes it easy to upload a bill and be reimbursed for veterinary expenses.
Easy-to-use mobile app: Figo Pet Insurance's Pet Cloud app allows owners to track their pets if they wander off as well as locate nearby veterinarians, parks and pet-friendly restaurants and hotels.
Centralized records: Subscribers can upload documents such as vital records, certificates and special moments directly into the Figo Pet Insurance Pet Cloud app from any device.
Automated alerts: Figo Pet Insurance's Pet Cloud app automatically sends alerts to remind pet owners of veterinarian appointments and office visits.
Personalized options: Figo Pet Insurance offers a variety of different plans that allow subscribers to choose the level of care that best fits their budget.
Best for: Tech-savvy pet owners who want to take steps to ensure their pets receive quality healthcare
Insurance Contributing Editor
Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.
Figo Pet Insurance questions and answers
- What problem is Figo Pet Insurance trying to solve?
- We felt the pet insurance industry could use a revamp. In an industry void of technology we decided to build a company based on technology. From the beginning we had the user experience in mind. Our goal was to make life easier for people and their pets by addressing the many pain points that come with pet ownership and creating a solution for that. We are so much more than just insurance.
- What sets Figo Pet Insurance apart from the competition?
- Our pet insurance product is well thought-out, we try to be transparent with our clients on what is covered and what is not covered. Our plans are affordable and customizable so you can select your deductible and reimbursement. Figo is "paperless" everything, the process can be done online through our pet cloud and that includes filing a claim. To file a claim, just take a picture of the bill, upload it and answer a few questions and you will get paid electronically. Our technology sets us apart.
- What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Figo Pet Insurance fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Technology makes life easier if done well. More than just insurance our free pet cloud stores all your pets records, which is great to have if your pet has an emergency. Other features of the cloud allow you to find a vet, groomer, dog park, pet hotel and more in your area. Our pet tags, that we give free, help reunite owners with their lost pet if they ever go missing. The shots and reminders portion of the pet cloud keeps all your shots and vaccinations up to date and sends alerts to your phone when your pets shots are about to expire. These are just a few features of the cloud the rest can be seen on our website.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the pet insurance industry?
- The industry as a whole has a stigma that pet insurance does not pay. Figo Pet Insurance tries the best to communicate with our customers what is covered and what is not covered.
Figo Pet Insurance Company Information
- Company Name:
- Figo Pet Insurance
- Year Founded:
- United States
- (844) 738-3446