Figo Pet InsuranceConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
We were covered by FIGO from July 2017 until July 2018. Prior to coverage effect we took our kitten to our vet for her first check-up and she was found healthy. We submitted the records to FIGO as required. During the first several months, they refused every claim for our 4 month old kitten asserting everything was a "pre-existing condition".
By October 2017 I was fed-up, so I sent them a strongly worded letter where I explained in part: "Every insurance contract has an unwritten, invisible, or implied term referred to as the covenant or promise of good faith and fair dealing. This is a promise imposed by law upon an insurance company to always act fairly towards its insured in handling their claims. Denying benefits, delaying payments and paying less than what is owed are examples of acting unreasonably and constitute bad faith. Other actions or inactions that may be bad faith are if the insurance carrier fails to thoroughly and promptly investigate your claim. In my estimation the apparent failure to investigate my claim leading to the unwarranted denial of said claim is gross mismanagement needling dangerously close to the appearance of bad faith insurance practices."
I then threatened to report them (FIGO) to our State Department of Insurance. After this, they paid my claim and I never heard from them again. They always paid every claim. (Suspicious action in my estimation. I believe they didn't want to have someone investigating their practices.) Now, here at the end of July, it is time to renew our policy. They hiked up our rate 100 percent! For a healthy 1 year old cat! They also did so with zero transparency. They sent an email out in June explaining "some states could potentially see a rate increase".
They then gave no information as to which states would see an increase or by what amount. They instructed us to log-in and see if we would be affected. We did and we were not. 3 weeks later, we still were not affected. Then today, when payment for the next year would be due, we found they increased the rate 100 percent. We are so disgusted by this company and advise you strongly to avoid it like the plague! Companies like this one should be shamed out of business.
Expect slow processing and then if you have a question or complaint, someone to argue with you about how you don’t know how insurance works. Not happy so far. They want vet records for everything uploaded and then it just sits there in an uploaded file. Have been paying premiums but have not received a payment for anything yet.
Figo Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky
Figo Pet Insurance, created in 2012, is a company that provides health insurance for cats and dogs. It's the first cloud-based insurance company that offers personal Web-based tools and applications for pets and pet owners.
Healthcare made easy: Figo Pet Insurance's simple claims process makes it easy to upload a bill and be reimbursed for veterinary expenses.
Easy-to-use mobile app: Figo Pet Insurance's Pet Cloud app allows owners to track their pets if they wander off as well as locate nearby veterinarians, parks and pet-friendly restaurants and hotels.
Centralized records: Subscribers can upload documents such as vital records, certificates and special moments directly into the Figo Pet Insurance Pet Cloud app from any device.
Automated alerts: Figo Pet Insurance's Pet Cloud app automatically sends alerts to remind pet owners of veterinarian appointments and office visits.
Personalized options: Figo Pet Insurance offers a variety of different plans that allow subscribers to choose the level of care that best fits their budget.
Best for: Tech-savvy pet owners who want to take steps to ensure their pets receive quality healthcare
Figo Pet Insurance questions and answers
- What problem is Figo Pet Insurance trying to solve?
- We felt the pet insurance industry could use a revamp. In an industry void of technology we decided to build a company based on technology. From the beginning we had the user experience in mind. Our goal was to make life easier for people and their pets by addressing the many pain points that come with pet ownership and creating a solution for that. We are so much more than just insurance.
- What sets Figo Pet Insurance apart from the competition?
- Our pet insurance product is well thought-out, we try to be transparent with our clients on what is covered and what is not covered. Our plans are affordable and customizable so you can select your deductible and reimbursement. Figo is "paperless" everything, the process can be done online through our pet cloud and that includes filing a claim. To file a claim, just take a picture of the bill, upload it and answer a few questions and you will get paid electronically. Our technology sets us apart.
- What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how does Figo Pet Insurance fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Technology makes life easier if done well. More than just insurance our free pet cloud stores all your pets records, which is great to have if your pet has an emergency. Other features of the cloud allow you to find a vet, groomer, dog park, pet hotel and more in your area. Our pet tags, that we give free, help reunite owners with their lost pet if they ever go missing. The shots and reminders portion of the pet cloud keeps all your shots and vaccinations up to date and sends alerts to your phone when your pets shots are about to expire. These are just a few features of the cloud the rest can be seen on our website.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the pet insurance industry?
- The industry as a whole has a stigma that pet insurance does not pay. Figo Pet Insurance tries the best to communicate with our customers what is covered and what is not covered.
Figo Pet Insurance Company Information
- Company Name:
- Figo Pet Insurance
- Year Founded:
- United States
- (844) 738-3446