2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Figo Pet Insurance provides health coverage for dogs and cats and can help offset pet owners’ vet bills by a significant amount. For a monthly fee, Figo covers vet bills related to common pet accidents, injuries and illness. Policyholders can set their own deductible and reimbursement percentage to customize their pricing.

Figo Pet Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Figo Pet Insurance offers customizable plans for dogs and cats and covers most major items, including emergency room visits and surgeries. A policy with Figo can cut vet costs significantly.

PROS

• Three plan options
  • Select your deductible
  • Affordable policies
  • 100% reimbursement available

CONS

• Preventative care not covered
  • Plans for older dogs can be pricey

Top Figo Pet Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

If you have carefully reviewed your contract of coverage, you should be very happy with Figo. They process claims quickly ... Most important to me as a former insurance adjuster is that they tend to resolve questions in the contract in favor of the insured rather than themselves.

Puppy has Figo since 10 weeks old. We chose unlimited coverage with $200 deductible. Phone App allows filing claims in vet’s office with photos of vet statements. Paid usually within 4-7 days via bank deposit... Monthly fees reasonable. You will not regret Figo.

Figo Pet Insurance Learn More

How does Figo Pet Insurance work?

Figo Pet Insurance provides health insurance for your pet and reimburses you for vet bills for covered conditions and treatments. You pay a monthly fee for coverage, and the company reimburses you the percentage specified by your plan.

Figo Pet Insurance coverage

Depending on your plan, Figo covers the following items related to accidents, injuries and illness:

• Exam and consultation fees
  • Surgeries
  • Veterinary specialists

Figo does not cover:

• Preexisting conditions
  • Routine, wellness or preventative care
  • Spaying or neutering
  • Experimental or cosmetic procedures
  • Care related to breeding and birth

Figo Pet Insurance cost

Figo offers three plans: Essential, Preferred and Ultimate. All plans cover the same items but offer varying total annual benefits.

You can get a free quote online to find your exact monthly cost and annual benefit. To give you an idea of what you can expect to pay, we got quotes for two different dogs: a 3-year old Golden retriever mix who weighs 70 pounds and a 12-year-old Maltese weighing 7 pounds.

For both quotes, we went with the company’s preselected options for deductible and reimbursement percentages, which were different for each dog.

For the golden retriever mix, the company suggested an 80% reimbursement and $250 deductible.

PlanAnnual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$19.01
Preferred$10,000$21.18
UltimateUnlimited$21.99

For the Maltese, the company preselected a 70% reimbursement rate and $750 deductible. The quotes show that costs increase significantly if your pet is older.

PlanAnnual benefitMonthly cost
Essential$5,000$62.10
Preferred$10,000$70.28
UltimateUnlimited$73.34

Your monthly cost increases or decreases based on the reimbursement percentage and deductible you select. You have the option to be reimbursed for vet bills at 70%, 80%, 90% or 100%. The company offers deductibles that range between $500 and $1,500.

Figo Pet Insurance FAQ

Can I visit any veterinarian?
Yes, you can choose any animal care provider you like.
Does Figo Pet Insurance cover preexisting conditions?
No. Like most pet insurance companies, Figo does not cover preexisting conditions.
What is Figo Pet Cloud?
Pet Cloud is Figo’s app. The app lets you easily manage your dog’s care, appointments and medical history. The app also locates nearby pet parks, walking trails, daycare, pet-friendly restaurants and dog walkers. The company has a live vet chat feature available 24/7 via the app.
What is Figo Pet Insurance’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel your Figo insurance policy at any time by emailing or calling the company’s support team.
Does Figo have a money-back guarantee?
Figo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel within that window, you will receive a full refund.

Is Figo Pet Insurance good?

Pet owners know that vet bills can add up quickly. We think Figo Pet Insurance offers good coverage at reasonable rates, especially for younger pets. Getting your pet on an insurance plan provides reassurance, especially if you have a pet prone to getting into trouble by eating foreign objects or engaging in daredevil behavior that could cause injury.

Figo Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Figo Pet Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Reviewing all of the plans in 2016 when I got my new dog, there were about 8 different pet insurance companies that were pretty legit, I came upon one of the very newest ones, Figo... and they blew me away! What I liked about them is that I could tell they REALLY did their homework — I could tell they studied all of the other companies out there, kept all the good stuff these companies offered and left all the bad stuff behind. The premium price was great. The coverage was great. I spoke to them on the phone and got a taste of their customer service. Well, they sold me!

1. Coverage: they cover everything I need — and I have always been reimbursed for everything as I've expected, even physical therapy. My dog unfortunately had to have four surgeries this year, two major, two minor, and everything was covered. Also, they are one of the few companies (maybe now the only one?) that covers 100% of the bill, if you choose that option (there are also several lower coverage options for lower premiums). Most other companies don't offer more than 90% and some even less than that. They also cover all exam fees as an optional add-on — many companies don't offer that option at all.

2. Claims Process: yes, at one time they did have a problem there. But they have since corrected that and I usually get most reimbursements approved within a day or two and then it just takes another day or two for them to direct deposit into my account.

3. Customer Service: excellent! I actually have one customer service rep who helps me regularly and she is terrific. But a lot can be done on their app — they were the first pet insurance company to come out with an app and they have the best one in the business. Very, very easy to submit a claim — and you can look at all the documents 24/7.

4. Premium Coverage: It was great first two years. Then they changed carriers and it went up exponentially. I was none too pleased. They finally changed their carrier earlier this year and it went DOWN exponentially yet my coverage remained the same (except they no longer cover dental for reasons of illness, only accidents). So, they listened to their customers and I couldn't be happier.

I couldn't be more pleased how things are going with Figo. As long as my annual rate increase is incremental and not exponential, I anticipate my happiness will not diminish. One thing to do in your search for pet insurance: compare at least three different companies, or even a half-dozen, if you have the time and patience. This shouldn't be something you go into without some deep research. Once you go with a company and you submit a claim, that condition you submitted for will become "pre-existing" if you change insurance companies and they won't cover it. Even Figo may not be perfect for your needs, so compare. Also, do what is called a Medical Records Review for at least two, if not three, of your final choices. When you do that the companies will tell you what they will and won't cover, so there will be no surprises. Good luck!

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My 11 year old Great Dane had taken ill. My primary vet said he believed it was cancer, "99% sure", and I should put him down. Well, I took that 1% chance and went to a specialist. Specialist said he could save him but it would be expensive. He went in for emergency surgery within hours. I had been out of work for a while but I would've sold a kidney to save my boy... Fortunately, I had CareCredit and Figo Insurance.

CareCredit covered the bill upfront. I was hoping Figo would cover the 80% I signed up for but at the time, it didn't matter. The surgery was $4587. Figo covered it at the agreed 80% (I'd already met my deductible) and reimbursed me $3339. All follow up visits were also covered at the agreed rate. He has fully recovered and turned 12 in July. Yes, insurance is expensive. So is emergency surgery. Without insurance the surgery would have cost $4587 and I would have been reimbursed $0. Over the years, I have had other insurances, they always looked for ways to reduce or deny coverage. None covered as well as Figo. I highly recommend Figo and will be a loyal customer so long as I have pets.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Figo was affordable the first year, but be ready for the price gauge for any subsequent years that you re-enroll your pet. For example, the first year it was $350, the second year was $575, and the third year they were wanting $750!! Mind you, my pet has no significant medical issues and didn’t even meet his deductible the second year. I absolutely refused the $750 price and they were magically able to find a different underwriter and provide me with a more reasonable premium, still expensive, but more reasonable. Pay attention to what you are buying. If you want more holistic services, but you only get a $600 worth of those treatments.

With all this said, I am utterly impressed with the customer service at Figo. I worked with a very effective and professional agent during the process of finding that new magical underwriter. She was patient, kind, and addressed my concerns as best she could during the whole process. Filing claims is crazy easy through the app and claims are usually closed very quickly with the reimbursement appearing in your account within a matter of days of the initial claim. Anytime I have had questions about reimbursements or services, Figo staff have been quick to respond and knowledgeable. I do feel that Figo staff really care about their customers/pets.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We switched to Figo from Allstate in 2019, two months after our 3 year old Bernese Mountain Dog got diagnosed with lymphoma. Not only did Figo make a huge difference financially and allowed us to make choices for our girl based on what we felt was best, and not what we could financially afford, but when we made the heartbreaking decision to let our girl go, Figo reimbursed us a prorated premium amount because we only had our coverage for 2 months before she passed. I could have cried, we were so broken in spirit and financially that I couldn't believe they reimbursed us after we had already used our coverage!

I now have it for our one year old bernese/pyrenees mix and am so happy. I've recommended Figo to all of my friends with pets. I also love that you can modify coverage for what fits best for you. If I were to change anything about Figo it would be the app. Its usability is a little off, and while it's cute to have a pet social media factor, this is a pet insurance company first and should present as such in the app, but instead first presents as a pet social media. Other than that they're great, and the Evie claim submission chat is excellent usability.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I can’t recommend Figo enough. I didn’t use any services for years, just paid monthly, but when my dogs time came, she crashed quickly. Suddenly I was facing thousands of $ of expenses if I wanted to try to prolong her life. When I confirmed her coverage with figo, a huge weight was lifted. To know that I could do whatever I thought was best for her, and not worry that I’d be going broke. It took a huge factor out of the equation and allowed me to focus on my dog and what was right for her. After she passed, Figo was amazing. I didn’t have to speak with anyone directly, I was too emotional, I was able to use chat to conclude all business.

The vet I ended up at actually filed a claim directly with Figo for me, so they had all the records when I went to follow up. There were no loopholes or hidden fees, I was reimbursed as my plan promised. After reviewing the vet records I was issued a lump sum within weeks of her passing. We just signed our other dog up last week!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

The best part of Figo is their mobile app and how easy it is to use. I can submit a claim on my phone in less than two minutes! Figo processes claims very quickly and I have money in my account very quickly. Unfortunately I needed to use it quite a bit this year and it paid for itself this year and the first year! I highly recommend FIGO!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I love Figo Insurance! It is quick and easy to file a claim. I just use my phone to take pictures of the paperwork. My money is easily deposited right into my checking account. Doesn't get easier than that!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

We are new to pet insurance but knew that we had to get it for our Greyhound. The app works so well and it's super easy to put a claim through. We have had no issues over the past year with Figo and will definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

After my dog’s ACL (TPLO) surgery she was still limping. I bought an expensive package from Figo and they have paid for most of her treatments and vet bills. I’ve been very happy. Next year, back to a cheap package but knowing whatever she needs, I don’t need to worry about the money, has been just so calming, especially during the uncertainty of this past year.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

We have had great service with Figo. The app is very easy to use and payments come quickly. There were a few things that we bought should have been covered by the policy (like hookworm) but weren’t. But they really came through with some of our larger expenses. So glad we have Figo’s protection. The only real criticism is the steep premium rate increases over the past 2 years. Our premiums have almost doubled. We have been reassured that this will not be the case moving forward. I guess time will tell.

Figo Pet Insurance Company Information