4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance understands that your pets are an important part of your family, but vet bills are often costly and unexpected. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gives you the peace of mind that you will be able to give your pet the care they need when they need it without the burden of a large vet bill hanging over your head. The process is simple and convenient and your reimbursement can cover up to 90% of your covered bill. Call today to get the best coverage for your pet.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

367 ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I bought ASPCA Pet Insurance when my cat chose me to love at our local PAWS. Of all the kitties there, he liked me! They gave me a paper on purchasing the insurance and I sent it in. I have had it for over 3 yrs now and have been impressed with the customer service when I have sent in claims. I usually take photos of the Veterinarian's receipts and post them to the ASPCA Ins site. Then I call the Ins and talk with the lady and make sure they received them all and if there is anything else they need. The operators are always kind and helpful. I have the payments to me channeled right to my bank account. Simple and very helpful too and not expensive at all.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My claims have been processed fairly quickly and procedures have been covered. When I call the customer service reps are always friendly and very helpful. They have followed up on claims and called me back to notify me of status. ASPCA has been a blessing for our family.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

They took care of my claims in a timely manner. I had no idea the sickness some dogs get. I am so grateful I have pet insurance. This company has showed me I can trust them with the care of my very loved Romeo.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have these accounts for my two dogs, for about three-four months... I’m very please with their services... I’ve never had a discrepancies. I will suggest this company to some of my friends that have dogs. I hope they have the same experience as I have...

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Family! We're so happy you chose us to cover your two dogs.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Any time I've called to ask questions the people have been super nice! They ask questions like "How's Kinzee (or Mattie) doing?" as soon as I give them my information. Almost 3 years ago, I lost my sweet Mattie to a brain tumor. I received a call from Bobby, who left a voicemail, and he said the most wonderfully comforting words. I also received a card from ASPCA with handwritten notes from different people saying such kind and thoughtful things! They are always so patient and willing to help with whatever the need is... regardless of how big or small. They are wonderful people!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASPCA Pet Health Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We have had many claims and all of them have been accepted and reimbursed. The only slight negative has been on a couple of occasions with larger claims, it took a bit longer to receive reimbursement. I've contacted them in those instances and the claim went through promptly after that. I've found that I need to be proactive and make sure to send doctor/visit notes along with the invoice (even if invoice is detailed) to expedite the process, which makes total sense. I have referred people to them and as long as the service remains the same, will continue to do so. I'm impressed with the range of coverage.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Junior is a rescue from the Chester County SPCA. He has all types of anxiety when no one is around. His vet is West Chester Veterinary Office. ASPCA insurance has been very helpful and consistent and alleviates the pause between taking my pet to a vet for getting him checked out or not. Some of Junior's medical problems are normal and some are not. Having insurance gives me the peace of mind to have everything checked out.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am very pleased with my insurance. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was because the claim process time is a bit longer than I would have hoped for. My claim process time in the past has been a about a month and a half which is not helpful when you are trying to pay off your pet bills.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My cat has been very sick with kidney failure. My experience with ASPCA Insurance has been very positive. They were efficient and very friendly. I would definitely recommend them. It is comforting, when you have a sick animal, to know that you are covered with insurance. It is well worth spending the money for the coverage.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have been very pleased with the service I have received over this past year. My claims are carefully reviewed and reimbursements are prompt. When talking to representatives, everyone is caring, polite and professional. I am happy to continue using this health insurance for my pet Ruby.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Since I got the health insurance with ASPCA, I only had a great experience. They make everything go smoothly and they do exactly what they promised. Good job ASPCA??? Thank you for being there whenever I (and my cat) need you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I submitted my claim the day I went to the vet, took a photo of the invoice and got a refund in 3 weeks. My dog had skin irritations and kept getting infected. Vet recommended laser treatments which I could never have afforded without the insurance. Happy I got the insurance.

Hello Connie,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear that we have been able to help.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I did get 3 Checks totaling about 120 dollars. That was better than nothing. Since the cat is still a kitten it should pan out in the long run since the ringworm never goes away. On the downside, I have ringworm also so I am in the same Boat!

Hello Stephen,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Please give us a call should you have any questions about your policy.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have 2 puppies 15 months old and that old saying When it Rains it Pours was true for me. Boudi had to have eye lid surgery because her lashes were scratching her cornea.W e did not have a choice but to cut the lids. Not more than 2 weeks after the surgery and the E collar was removed she swallowed a soft bone and it was stuck in her Esophagus. Boudi had to have Endoscopic passage of foreign material into the stomach and removed. The surgery was quite expensive and I was so relieved that I had chosen ASPCA the year before. Whoever thinks something like this will happen no matter how careful the owner is. I am thankful that ASPCA did follow through with the payments to me in a timely matter and relieved that part of our stress. Boudi is healing and we are very grateful. I would recommend and have recommended ASPCA to every dog owner I know.

Hi Jennifer,

We are happy to hear we have been able to help. Don't hesitate to contact customer service if you ever have any questions.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am more than pleased with my coverage package for my dog. Recently, my dog was diagnosed with epilepsy. From the very first call I made to the first invoice I sent, the customer service was excellent. I received my reimbursement just as stated, in a prompt manner. I just recommended this plan to friend this past weekend.

Hi Melinda,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Don't hesitate to reach out to customer service if you ever have any questions. Please give your dog some extra belly rubs from us today!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I submitted bills for my cat end of November, 2018 and received my check, was approved end of December, and received early January. Follow up visit bill was sent o1/08/19 and was approved a few weeks later, I am waiting for the check. Submission of invoices was easy to do online, and anyone I have spoke to has been helpful, polite and professional. Just renewed my policy for the 2019 - 2020 time period.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Insured 2 cats and a dog through ASPCA Pet Health Insurance starting in May of 2015. Since then we have paid them a total of $4329.29 for the coverage. We have claimed a total of $1423.00 worth of services/illness etc in that time frame (May 2015 to Jan 2019). Of the amount claimed, ASPCA managed to nickle and dime down what was possible to reimburse, against any deductible they could locate, and have paid us a total of $92.71.

Hello Karl,

We’re sorry to hear you’re unhappy with your coverage. Please give us a call to discuss this matter further.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I submitted several claims over 8 days ago - no feedback. I'm curious as to the length of time required to evaluate and process claims? I have had several vet visits for my Border Collie and submitted all the claims and paperwork as required. If there is anything else needed please call me. Please advise.

Hi Brett,

We make every effort to process claims as quickly as possible and will update the status in the Member Center as your claim continues through review. We’d be happy to discuss your claims in further detail if you’d like to give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My puppy had diarrhea initially before the policy kicked in. He was treated and fully recovered. I submitted 1 more claim for diarrhea 1 month after the 1st time. They refused to reimburse claiming it was a preexisting condition. Guess what? The diarrhea was caused by a different strain of bacteria. How can that possibly be preexisting? I can still understand if it keeps happening with the same strain again and again. But this was a completely different strain. Complete waste of money. I've cancelled my policy and will fight them on the charges.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Not happy with the turnaround time on claims. Some claims are not being reimbursed for almost 30 days. If it is a reoccurring medication I don’t understand why it takes so long. I use to be very happy with this insurance when I had my first girl Dakota, but lately I have looked at other companies for two of my pups.

Hi Maryann,

We’re sorry to hear you’re unhappy with your coverage. Please give us a call to discuss this matter further, 1-866-204-6764.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I'm spending a lot of time and money on my special needs dog and it seems slow to get my claim processed. Please try to speed up this process, it would make us all a lot happier. I know it's the holidays so I will give you a break for now.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

You get really no insight into slow claim processing. It has been over 4 weeks for an insurance claim. Why does it take so long in a digital world. I e-mailed and got a canned response. Would be nice if we can get some specifics.

Hello Premodh,

We'd be happy to answer any questions you have about coverage for your pet. Please give us a call, 1-866-204-6764.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I am pleased with the customer service that I receive when I call for information in regards to claims. My only concern is the amount of time it takes from a claim being filed until reimbursement is received. For every claim that I have had to file, I had to do the legwork and follow up on it. Each claim needed additional information from either the vet office or the emergency vet hospital. If I didn't call and find out what the delay was in my claims - they wouldn't have been processed because additional information was needed. The additional information was immediately provided and it still took weeks for my first 2 claims to be processed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Could work on processing and receiving payments faster. Sometimes takes a couple of weeks to a month to receive reimbursements. Had received an approval for a quote but submitted the final bill and a week later still waiting for payment.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

So far, I have been very happy with the service provided through ASPCA. The only mild complaint I do have, is that the turnaround time for claims, is a little long, in comparison to other insurance companies. But, I understand that you guys have a lot to evaluate. The other thing I have had very mild issue with is the fact that prescription diets are not covered unless they are treating a medical condition. I feel like that was not clearly explained when the company advertised that they cover the prescription diets. But those two things are very minor. I really have been super happy with my experiences from the start. The customer service has been very professional and helpful. The online website also is very easy to navigate and understand. I am overall satisfied with my choice for ASPCA insurance.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Archie sprained his knee playing with another dog and required a full day at the vet for diagnosis and treatment. The vet gave him some other supplements that were unrelated to the claim but I parsed it for the claim processing and received prompt and fair reimbursement for my poor little guy's injury. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They pay in a timely manner. We had no problems. Insurance covers all vet doctors, unlike PetSmart where you have to use their vet doctors. I just would just like a lesser deductible amount. Direct deposit is also very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It would be a five star rating but the only thing Is the 6 to 8 week turnaround time for a claim to be paid especially when it is a regular medication that my dog takes daily. Otherwise very professional and down to earth and easy to deal with the representatives. I have recommended them to many of my friends for their pets.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Very easy to be refunded online: just submit the invoice and your checking account will be credited very fast. I did also the additional insurance and I am happy to have back the money for vaccinations and 100 dollars for teeth cleaning: I suggest to add it, it is very important to do regular visit to the vet.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I’ve had pet insurance for over 5 years and couldn’t be more pleased with the service. Having ASPCA Pet Insurance has allowed me to get the proper care for my pets without going broke in the process. I have and will continue to recommend ASPCA Per Insurance to my friends!

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

With options for dogs and cats, this pet insurance company allows pet owners to visit any veterinarian in the U.S. and Canada. They have complete coverage and accident-only coverage options.

• No networks: Unlike other insurance companies, ASPCA doesn’t work inside a network, which means you can take your dog or cat to any vet in the U.S. and Canada. This can be especially helpful for people who like to travel with their pet.

• ASPCA claims: Claims can be submitted online, through the mobile app, by mail or by fax. You can choose to be reimbursed directly into your bank account, or you can have a check mailed to you.

• Complete Coverage: This insurance plan covers everything when your pet is hurt or ill, including accidents, sickness, hereditary conditions and even behavioral issues.

• Accident-only coverage: Accident-only coverage will cover exam fees, diagnostics and treatment for accidents.

• Multi-pet discount: Save 10% when you insure multiple pets with ASPCA pet insurance. Discounts are applied automatically.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky
Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Company Information

2006
www.aspcapetinsurance.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.