It's that easy Request Information
4.07/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance understands that your pets are an important part of your family, but vet bills are often costly and unexpected. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gives you the peace of mind that you will be able to give your pet the care they need when they need it without the burden of a large vet bill hanging over your head. The process is simple and convenient and your reimbursement can cover up to 90% of your covered bill. Call today to get the best coverage for your pet.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

129 ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

My dog Penny has been found to have kidney issues. This was the first time I used insurance for my pet. I am very satisfied with the results. My money came back quickly and I was given an explanation of each refund. Thank you I will encourage my friends to look into ASPCA insurance!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

Was a pleasure working with and there were no issues regarding the claim submittal or reimbursement. Everything was done in a timely manner as well I am glad to have gotten this insurance for my pet and it was definitely not a waste of money.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Every time I have needed to submit a claim it has been easy and very streamlined. The website is easy to navigate and when I have called staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend ASPCA pet insurance to all animal lovers.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We have had ASPCA pet insurance for close to 10 years. Now that our cat is getting older and having some issues, I have found that ASPCA's barely covers 1/4 of the cost of any of the medications we purchase and sometimes closer to 1/8th of the cost and they only allow 75% of the cost on many procedures - and then I am only reimbursed for 80% of that, so they end up paying very little. California is a very expensive state. They need to adjust their rates to meet prices encountered here. They're very friendly on the phone, but need to put their money where their mouth. I would not recommend them as a good pet health insurer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am very happy with the prompt response from my ASPCA Pet Heath Insurance. They always respond and very prompt in the payment. They even call me to see if my pet is alright. Thank you ASPCA Pet Health Insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASPCA Pet Health Insurance?

Original review: July 16, 2018

My cat developed melanoma of the iris. He had to have his eye removed. Thanks to ASPCA insurance it really helped to make this affordable to have done. Wittles is doing great with one eye. I would recommend getting this insurance for your pets.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Nothing but the highest regard for ASPCA Pet Insurance. Recently my son Gator underwent TPLO knee reconstruction. Everything regarding ASPCA went flawlessly. They also provided followup calls to inquire about the condition of Gator and how his post-op care was progressing. They also took the time to inquire about his sister Alli, our mini pit/pinscher making sure she was doing well also. Thank you for your great care ASPCA.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We have multiple pets. Our monthly fee gets high but the benefits are worth the expense. We are totally satisfied with the service. We have found reimbursement to easy and prompt. My only suggestion would be for a larger discount for multiple pets.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The ASPCA pet health insurance has the most courteous customer service. During a time when your best friend, in my case my cat Beezo, was so seriously ill from eating a poisonous plant. I had to go two emergency rooms, my regular doctor, she had to have ultrasound I was fretting so much about his health and also worrying about the cost of what this is going to cost me. When I sent in my claims they were expeditiously handled and they were kind enough to call me to see how my cat was doing.

I’ve never had such great service with any company but it is so sorely needed when people are so upset and they’re torn between not getting their cat or dog or any animal for that matter treated or not treated because of the financial burden. This is the first time I used it I was thoroughly impressed with all aspects of their dealing with me. I hope I don’t have to use it again, but the anxiety is taken away from me about having my cat having a serious illness. I know will be taken care of and so will my kitty.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Thus far, I have been pleased with my insurance. Easy to access and file claims. Customer service is excellent!!! Claim can take anywhere from 7-15 days to process. I would recommended - and have recommended to many friends and they are now signed up.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2018

Helpless, no timely follow ups, delayed claim processing, app is not robust and barely gives details. I tried to increase the insurance coverage in the future and never got a response back. The claims take WAY TOO LONG to process and the notification emails aren’t as prompt as it should be.

Hello Rosa,

We appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. It looks like we reached out via email and by phone but we were unsuccessful in reaching you. We currently cannot make updates to coverage by email. Please give us a call at 1-866-204-6764 so we can discuss your account.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Have nothing but praise in regards to our ASPCA insurance experience. We've had the insurance since our now 11-year-old lab was a puppy and have had a very positive experience for all of these years. Would highly recommend ASPCA insurance to anyone who has a pet. Thanks and keep up the great service!

Hello Ernest,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Please give your 11-year-old lab some extra belly rubs from us.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Very happy and pleased with this company. Staff is always friendly and helpful claims are handled quickly and reimbursement is in a timely fashion. I was very satisfied with how all of my claims were handled in regards to my pets health.

Hello Jaime,

We are happy to hear about your claim experience. We're so glad you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to cover your pets!

Original review: July 9, 2018

After losing my older boxer last year to cancer after he had just knee surgery, I decided to get insurance for my female boxer. I insured my younger cat as an afterthought. Bentley has been sick since March and just recently had a thymoma tumor removed. The insurance paid on all of my claims and within a timely manner. I was worried about what kind of an increase in premiums we would have since we hit the cap with Bentley. I was pleasantly surprised that our premiums will increase based on age, breed and area, not how much we used it. I was also called to see how we were doing on a couple of occasions since they could see that Bentley was having some serious health issues. That was nice and they also gave me some options for when we renew. I would highly recommend ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to anyone considering insuring their fur kids. It made health decisions a lot easier knowing that they would cover it.

Hello Suzanne,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your older boxer. We understand how difficult these times can be. Please also give Bentley some extra belly rubs from us today. Don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have any questions at 1-866-204-6764.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our son who has a dog just diagnosed with cancer suggested we look into pet insurance. We called our vet who recommended ASPCA. The rates were responsible for our two dogs so we signed. Our youngest dog developed a lump right after that our vet said had to go. We filed a claim and within weeks we had a check in the mail. Everything is done right on my iPhone. Easy. We recommend to all pet owners to buy this insurance. Gives a pet owner peace of mind.

Hi Barbara,

We're so happy you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to cover your pets. We hope your youngest dog is felling better. Please give him some extra belly rubs today.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have found the service to be exceptional. Insurance submission claims are easy to submit, review process is fast and easy to track, and reimbursement checks expeditiously cut and sent. Follow up calls are made by ASPCA staff to find out our my pet is recovering. Class act all the way around.

Hi Andrew,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Please give your pet a hug from us today!

Original review: July 7, 2018

The first claim I filed back in April was handled quickly and the reimbursement was quick also. Now my second experience is a tad bit slower. I filed 3 claims for two of dogs almost 2 weeks ago, I have heard nothing, the website shows it's still processing. I emailed customer to see if they could advise the status of the claim. I still have hear nothing from them... Would like to know what the standard processing time of a claim is.

Hello William,

We see you reached out to discuss your claims. If you have any other questions or want to check on the status feel free to log into the member center online or give customer service a call at 1-866-204-6764.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Service was friendly, easy and responsive. My claim was easy to file, follow-up was quick and processing and administration was very responsive. They even followed up to make sure I got my claim check and that service was as expected.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am a new client who moved to ASPCA when my former insurance was not giving great service or coverage. I'm absolutely delighted with the way ASPCA managed my very first claim. Chester, my beautiful tuxedo kitty gives a paw up to what will no doubt be a long relationship >..<.

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance family!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am quite pleased with the insurance for my Siamese Kiriel. Claims are paid in a timely manner. I just wish you guys would cover prescription cat food. He has kidney disease and needs special food for that. Also wish you would reconsider pets with pre-existing conditions. That would help with adoptions of pets who would not otherwise be adopted.

Hello Michael,

We're so happy you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to cover your cat! Like other pet insurance providers, we do not cover pre-existing conditions. That being said, however, with our plans a new instance of a pre-existing condition may be covered in the future if 180 days have passed since it was cured and treatment free.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I recommend ASPCA pet insurance to all of my friends who have pets. I love how you could customize the insurance. I love that they processed the claims very fast and super easy. Love the app and the direct deposit option.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Thank you for following through and providing us with peace of mind so that when our loved pups are not doing well, our sole focus can be on getting them better. Your app made submitting claims pretty simple, and that is also very appreciated. Because of our recent experience, a friend of ours has signed up for pet insurance for their dog through ASPCA Pet Insurance as well. Thank you so much!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I am happy that most of the expenses were reimbursed, but am not clear on why some of the expenses were not covered besides obviously the deductible. It is also very nice that you call to check on her after treatment, however I am rarely able to pick up my phone, especially during work, so it would be more beneficial for you guys to email me.

Hi Cassia,

Thanks for the review. If you ever have questions regarding your claims please give customer service a call. We would be happy to discuss your policy and claims with you.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The claims submitting procedure on the app is extremely quick and convenient and claims are processed quickly. I even received a follow-up call from an associate checking in on how my dog was doing after her TPLO surgery. That went above and beyond what I was expecting from coverage!

Hello Cindy,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are happy to hear about your claims experience on the app. Hope your dog is doing well after surgery. Don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have any questions.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This insurance is the best thing that has happened to us since we got our two young dogs. Being raised from puppyhood, they had lots of random sicknesses, as puppies do. We were at Banfield through PetSmart but we didn't like the way they treated the dogs and their insurance was a rip off. We feel comfortable now and not stressed about taking our dogs to the vet. Also this insurance allows for us to see better veterinarians who treat our dogs with the utmost care. We know we will be reimbursed for most of the bill when they are sick or hurt. ASPCA usually gives me a call after one of my dogs has had several appointments to make sure they are okay. They are the best insurance. They really take care of us and it means more than I can express. Recommend to everyone. 10/10.

Hi Karen,

We're so happy you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to insure your pets. Please give your dogs some extra belly rubs from us today.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The process, being my first, was a little lengthy probably because I needed to give more information, but once I figured that out all went VERY smoothly and quick. Love that I have a backup plan in case my fur babies get sick. It's a wonderful feeling. They took care of everything fast! Recieved a check asap. Wow!

Hi Karen.

We are happy to hear about your first claim experience. If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to customer service at 1-866-204-6764.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience with the ASPCA Pet insurance has been nothing but positive. Unfortunately, my cat became diabetic and has also been diagnosed with Cushing's disease, and thus I have been submitting claims almost on a monthly basis. I have always found the insurance people courteous, sympathetic, knowledgeable and helpful. The claims themselves have been recognized and paid within a reasonable period. I have and would recommend the ASPCA insurance to anyone who has a pet.

Hi John,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Please give your cat some extra head scratches from us today.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This was my first experience with pet insurance and it's been just great. Good communication. Great service and prompt payment. I wish my personal health insurance was as well structured, efficient and polite as the ASPCA. I recommend it. Best way to go...

Original review: June 19, 2018

I took out insurance with ASPCA on my two cats not sure if it would be worth it. It didn't take me long to realize it was the best move I had ever made and now I wish I had done it long ago. They pay their claims fairly and honestly. The people I have talked to have been so nice and empathetic. Their kindness has been so appreciated. They understand. I can highly recommend this company and the people who work for it. Best thing I ever did!

Hello Faye,

We're so happy you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to cover your two cats.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I recently submitted a claim and it could not have been easier. The claim process is extremely streamlined and painless. It was completed on the app and I submitted a photo of the veterinarian receipt. The claim was handled quickly and I received my reimbursement check within days!

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for leaving us a review. Make sure to reach out to customer service if you ever have any questions.

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

With options for dogs and cats, this pet insurance company allows pet owners to visit any veterinarian in the U.S. and Canada. They have complete coverage and accident-only coverage options.

• No networks: Unlike other insurance companies, ASPCA doesn’t work inside a network, which means you can take your dog or cat to any vet in the U.S. and Canada. This can be especially helpful for people who like to travel with their pet.

• ASPCA claims: Claims can be submitted online, through the mobile app, by mail or by fax. You can choose to be reimbursed directly into your bank account, or you can have a check mailed to you.

• Complete Coverage: This insurance plan covers everything when your pet is hurt or ill, including accidents, sickness, hereditary conditions and even behavioral issues.

• Accident-only coverage: Accident-only coverage will cover exam fees, diagnostics and treatment for accidents.

• Multi-pet discount: Save 10% when you insure multiple pets with ASPCA pet insurance. Discounts are applied automatically.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky