4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance understands that your pets are an important part of your family, but vet bills are often costly and unexpected. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance gives you the peace of mind that you will be able to give your pet the care they need when they need it without the burden of a large vet bill hanging over your head. The process is simple and convenient and your reimbursement can cover up to 90% of your covered bill. Call today to get the best coverage for your pet.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

419 ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

My insured min pin recently passed away. I had a hard time with the loss, but the staff at ASPCA showed sympathy on the phone, sent me a very special remembrance card and made I was paid back the resulting euthanasia costs quickly. It means a lot when a pet insurance company, even though the insurance premium payments will stop, goes the extra mile to comfort the insuree. This spoke volumes of the care and concern ASPCA representatives give a client.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

First of all I would like to say that I had other insurances and I had nothing repeat nothing but nightmares with the other insurance. Now with your insurance I can’t say enough how well you guys have treated me, how easy it is to make a claim, how respectful you guys have been to me. I have enjoyed having your insurance with your company and I would thank you and recommend you to anyone else.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I am so glad that I have this insurance for my cat! Claim submissions are easy and processing is fast. The only thing that I have difficulty having to fill in when submitting new claims on the same illness is that I cannot ever remember the first date we discovered and initiated claim on this illness back in early February and every claim asks for this date each time. I am never able to state the same date each time I submit for a new expense. Thanks for your kindness and efficiency!

Original review: March 28, 2019

My dog recently had a surgery on her knee. I contact customer service to see if we could get the reimbursement expedited due to it being a large sum. They were awesome and not only expedited the reimbursement for the surgery but other costs submitted that are related to the incident. I have never been happier with a choice I have made, I am SO glad I signed my dogs up for ASPCA pet insurance.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had great interaction with Customer Service, they have always been very nice, and very helpful! I have been very happy with the reimbursements, they are quick & accurate! I have submitted claims for both of my dogs, and it was very quick, both times!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ASPCA Pet Health Insurance?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Working for a vet, I am familiar with many of the pet insurers. ASPCA pet insurance is the first one that I would use. The other ones make everything so much of a hassle it is not worth it. I really like the courtesy, professionalism, and speed with which they handle claims. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased an accident and illness plan for my dog. She since slipped on the ice and needed knee surgery. The coverage of her medical bills was great and reimbursement went smoothly. I am so glad to have this plan and would recommend ASPCA Pet Insurance to everyone I know.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Took care of the accident claims with our English Bulldog, with no problems. I would recommend this program for a pet insurance coverage. The Website is easy to navigate and get updates on claims. We plan to keep this coverage and possibly upgrade to full coverage instead of accident only. Thank You!

Original review: March 27, 2019

This is my first experience having health insurance for a pet and I’m thrilled beyond words with the experience I have had. Claims are handled so quickly and I always get more back than I anticipate. Well worth the premium. Everyone should have insurance for their pet.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Getting a new puppy is expensive and you have enough to worry about without worrying about them getting ill or their wellness visits. It has been the easiest, smartest choice I’ve made, along with the adoption of Winston from a high kill shelter. Makes his health a no brainer. He was from Arkansas at a high kill shelter- originally found in a dumpster there from a puppy mill. We adopted him at 8 weeks (estimated) This chiweenie mix is gonna get the best of care.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The very best pet insurance available. They have amazing customer service! No hassle claims via their app. I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my beloved dog Beau. Because of ASPCA, I am able to provide him with the best care available.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Our rescue, a Chihuahua has recently been diagnosed with Mega Esophagus, a disease where the esophagus has no muscle tone and the food that she eats does not go into her stomach and is digested. She was diagnosed and all of her meals have to given when she is in a vertical position and she has to stay in that position for 20 minutes after each meal. ASPCA Pet Insurance has been with us all the way and has covered the majority of charges for this expensive diagnosis and treatment. They have evaluated our claims in an expeditious manner and have direct-deposited the payout directly to my checking account. We have three rescues and they are all covered by ASPCA Pet Insurance and we would highly recommend this policy to anyone with pets.

Hello Steven,

We're so happy you chose ASPCA Pet Health Insurance to cover your pets and we are happy we have been able to help. Please give all your pets some extra belly rubs from us today!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Exceptional service, easy to fill out claims and fairly quick turn around in claims. VERY happy with insurance policy, I have never had an issue with claims being denied and it’s pretty clear and transparent what they allow in my policy.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The insurance is great. I make my claims through the app, if I have any questions about whatever I speak to a Customer Service Rep. The Reps are professional, courteous and extremely attentive to solving your problems or just answering a question. The claims are handled pretty quickly too. My only problem is when I either get no reimbursement or when it is extremely low.

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear about your experience.

Original review: March 26, 2019

They are very responsive and helpful over the phone. Very easy to file claims, done right from my phone. Have paid every claim I've filed and in a timely fashion. I've had an injured puppy, under a year, and have had to use his insurance quite a bit.

Original review: March 26, 2019

So far, as a fairly new customer who has just begun to submit some claims, I am really loving ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. My only critique would be to allow customers to add on the maintenance care benefit at any time, instead of at renewal time only.

Hello Machelle,

Welcome to the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance family!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have been very happy with my experience with ASPCA so far. Sometimes the claim review process seems to take a little long, but your online portal is very easy to navigate and whenever I've interacted with someone live on the phone, they've been very helpful. Thank you!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Although their customer service is wonderful, their insurance policy is terrible. They will do everything they can to not pay. Even with an appeal and a letter from the vet stating that it is not a preexisting condition, they still claim it is and won't pay. My dog was hurt jumping from too high off a bed. They claim her breed is prone to back issues therefore her injury was not an accident and they won't pay. Get a care credit account and save yourself the money and aggravation. What you'd pay monthly for their plan that won't cover anything is far more than the interest on a care credit account.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Only had the pet insurance for just about a year when we found out Jake had a hip problem. Vet said we be looking at about 3800 for the operation. Told the vet we had insurance on him but I’ll see what they can do. Contacted ASPCA insurance and they let’s say unbelievable on how they help. They said have Vet sent a estimated on cost and they would look at it. They paid all most of the cost with no questions. Can say enough about these people GREAT service and very helpful. Such a peace of mind with them. They even called me back a couple of times to ask how’s Jake doing. If you care about your pets talk to these people!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My dog was injured and required emergency care. After submitting my claims I was only reimbursed 50% after the deductible when I should have been reimbursed 80%. When I called they said my Vet charges too much... Compared to other vets in a geographic location. This location can be hundreds of miles away. Gives them an open door to pay what they deem is "fair" as opposed to the actual expense. Beware!!! They have language that reads "normal and customary" in the clause. Does not pertain to "normal and customary care" just charges. Total BS... They say they will reimburse 80% of approved charges. They will approve the charge but only reimburse a fraction. STAY AWAY!!

Hello Lon,

Depending on your pet’s coverage, we do base our reimbursements on usual and customary costs, which are typical charges for services in areas like yours. This helps us account for all the treatments a pet may need while also keeping premiums as affordable as possible. Please give us a call if you’d like to discuss this more.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Our sweet Indy recently required some pretty expensive services. I was super happy with ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. Filing a claim is so easy and processing time is short. I was pleasantly surprised to receive reimbursement so quickly. Well worth every penny.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Very courteous, prompt, and easy to deal with. Seemed to genuinely care about our dogs. I would recommend this service to anyone. Very good website, easy to use, and informative. Very good telephone service. Very short wait on hold if any. Overall, a very good experience.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We switched to ASPCA Pet Health Insurance two years ago for coverage for our dog and cat. While no one ever enjoy paying for insurance, the premiums have been reasonable. This past year our dog needed knee surgery and we had to file our first claims. We have been very satisfied with the claims settlement decisions that ASPCA made and the speed of their payments has been reasonable. We would definitely recommend ASPCA Pet Health Insurance.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

They have been wonderful. The process is easy. Unfortunately, we have already, in just a short time that we have had our puppy (6 mo.), put in five claims and they have been processed without any issues. This has been very much appreciated! Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This is our second-year pet insurance renewal with ASPCA. So far our experience has been great, easy to file claims for reimbursement, no hassle. And when I have a question the representative is very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend to my friends to ASPCA.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I really appreciate and like the ease of submitting claims with the iPhone app. Claims however, can take up to 1 month to be approved. It has also been a little over a week since my claim that surpassed my deductible was approved and I have still not received a reimbursement.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We are very pleased with our Zoey's pet insurance. I enjoy that they call and check up on her to make sure she’s doing well. Their turnaround time for file review is quick and if I ever have any questions, I know I can get someone on the phone fast.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

ASPCA Pet Insurance has helped me throughout my pet's life. The online claim center was easy and it only took a few weeks for the claim to be processed. They notify you all throughout the process. When I needed to call for information, the team was helpful and very kind knowing you're dealing with a health problem with your pet. Finally, at the end of my dog's life, I put in my last difficult claim for her euthanasia. My claim was processed within a week and I even received a condolence call from them. I will certainly use ASPCA Pet Insurance again when I'm ready for my next pet.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Any time I have submitted a claim I have never been disappointed. It's so easy to upload and don't feel that the process takes long at all. Best of all I get most of my money back :). I love ASPCA insurance.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Thank you for processing my claim in an efficient and expedited manner. The claim was for my dog, Lucie's annual shots. I am really glad that I have ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. This is not my first claim, I have submitted previous claims and they were processed just as efficient and in a timely manner. Thank you again!!!

ASPCA Pet Health Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

With options for dogs and cats, this pet insurance company allows pet owners to visit any veterinarian in the U.S. and Canada. They have complete coverage and accident-only coverage options.

• No networks: Unlike other insurance companies, ASPCA doesn’t work inside a network, which means you can take your dog or cat to any vet in the U.S. and Canada. This can be especially helpful for people who like to travel with their pet.

• ASPCA claims: Claims can be submitted online, through the mobile app, by mail or by fax. You can choose to be reimbursed directly into your bank account, or you can have a check mailed to you.

• Complete Coverage: This insurance plan covers everything when your pet is hurt or ill, including accidents, sickness, hereditary conditions and even behavioral issues.

• Accident-only coverage: Accident-only coverage will cover exam fees, diagnostics and treatment for accidents.

• Multi-pet discount: Save 10% when you insure multiple pets with ASPCA pet insurance. Discounts are applied automatically.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky