Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Shop Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Royal Canin Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I’ve use a variety of the brands for cats with differ conditions. From kitten food to cats with digestion issues to cats with kidney disease. I cannot afford the vet foods and finds that the pet store versions are almost as good. The aging 12+ is amazing for my elder cats - it’s designed with an appetite stimulant and lowered phosphorous and great for cats with kidney disease. You also cannot get any better than the kitten.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I've purchased and fed both my dog and cat Royal Canin. I have a large breed mastiff/pitbull and she's elderly and fussy yet she does like this brand. We buy the sensitive stomach line and it does seem to help her. It's pricey but not the most expensive so it's a reasonable value considering it's palatable and has plenty of variety for breed and size.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I use Royal Canin made with duck or venison with potato. My border collie has had stomach problems and this food was recommended by vet specialist and this choice helps him digest his food better. It's about 100.00 per 25 lb bag. A little pricey but nothing too good for this guy.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Our dog has Cushing's disease and has prescription low-fat food. She loves this brand. Other low fat food she didn't like very much. Now she looks forward to her food and we have no problem getting her to eat. She's doing very well on this brand.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am not a dog and my dog is not able to tell me whether it is good or bad since I do not eat dog food. But my French bulldog is healthy, her skin is healthy and she seems to enjoy her food. I appreciate the fact that Royal Canin produces a product that is breed specific.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: April 7, 2020

We had been a Royal Canin client for many, many years but no longer. After spending thousands of dollars over the years on Royal Canin dog food I called them today to return a 22 lbs bag which is still sealed and asked for a credit of file. Royal Canin gave me every excuse you could think of why they wouldn't take it back. They blamed the Vet we purchased it at for not taking it back. The Vet blames Canin for not taking returns and I'm in disbelief. We lost our large dog so we no longer need a 22 lb bag. All I asked for was a credit on account for the 22 lb bag and I would continue purchasing small bags. After being given the run around my husband and I are donating the 22 lb bag to the local humane society and are now looking at different food for our small dog. WE WILL NEVER BUY ROYAL CANIN AGAIN!!! Terrible service and terrible company!!

Original review: March 30, 2020

After reading countless reviews about symptoms... vomiting & weight loss. I called RC, they changed the formula. Removed the egg buffer and added gluten. The representative tried pushing another product for senior cats. When I asked her to address my concerns she was lackadaisical and rude. PLEASE! Anyone reading this stop feeding your pets this product immediately! I have used it for the last 6 years and now it is different, making my cat vomit every day!

Original review: March 21, 2020

Late last year, at Ohio State Vet hospital, my male dachshund had bladder stone removal surgery and we were referred to Royal Canin food in an effort to prevent new stones. I'm not a fan of commercial dog food anyway, but we bought some. Well, within a matter of weeks my baby was gassy and having runny diarrhea. I gave him some pink thick anti diarrhea medicine and a probiotic. I took him off that food and, after much prayer, I am dumping that stuff. We are scheduled to meet with a dietitian at OSU to go back to a stone safe homemade diet. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS FOOD! If your baby is having symptoms STOP THE FOOD ASAP.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My male cat had an episode of stones so I took him to the vet and he recommended I feed him RC (urinary) for life to help with the stones. He hasn't gotten any since, but he was vomiting the RC food every time I fed him after feeding him the food for about 2 months which worried me. It doesn't help that the ingredients are such low quality. I felt awful for my little boy so I switched his food, have more water out, reduced stressors and I'm adding more wet food to his diet to get more moisture into him. I feel like RC is overpriced for its quality anyway. Also, I'm not sure vets have the best knowledge when it comes to nutrition.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Have been feeding two older cats digest sensitive wet food for 3 years since one cat had onset of severe vomiting issues 3 years ago. Recently, both cats stopped eating the food and began drinking more water. Then, our cat with the initial vomiting issues 3 years ago suddenly died last week. I'm wondering if our experience may be related to others' experiences and questions regarding this Royal Canin product.

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information