1.87/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

551 Royal Canin Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My cat has been eating Royal Canin Ragdoll for a while now and did real great on it and loved it. Until last week when I purchased a new bag. I spotted right away it was the cat food that made my cat suddenly really sick with bad diarrhea and his pee pee was hanging out. He didn’t feel good. After the Third day of dealing with his butt dripping with bad squirts from diarrhea and having to clean up my carpet I went back to the store to take the dry food back. The pet store was really good about taking it back.. I exchanged it for an older dated bag of Royal Canin Ragdoll. Right after he ate the older dated bag he was 100% better. I don’t won’t buy any more new bags of the royal Canin until they change back to the original ingredients.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Royal Canin has changed the food this year. I have several cats and since the food has changed it has now killed two of my cats in less than 3 months. Their organs shut down, they become lethargic and the life of them just drains out. Don't buy this product right now.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Opened a new 7 lb bag. Instead of a smaller dark sized kibble, this bag has larger light brown kibbles. This is the first time in 3 years I have seen a difference in the cat food. My cat threw up every time i gave him food from this new bag. Anyone else having this problem? I contacted the company and haven't received a response.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My Vet prescribed the Royal Canin Satiety Support Weight Management Dry Food for my Abyssinian intelligent cat as he liked to eat non-stop and was a little overweight. I did not understand how these kibbles work in the system? My cat Sammy was only on this for 16 days. He lost his appetite during the last couple of weeks and eating the dry food only. This cat liked to eat and he liked Fancy Feast wet food which he turned his nose on. On Wednesday, August 14th, I heard a big scream and I ran to my Dad's bedroom where Sammy was lying on his back under the bed, all stretched out and he looked at me and died. I pulled him out and I was in shock.

My Prize cat who I taught tricks, who watched TV with me, who sat, gave a paw and talked to me had just suddenly died in front of my eyes. I had no chance to take him to the Emergency. We ran to the closest Vet who told us that he was dead. We then drove a distance to a place where they perform Animal Autopsies. The Autopsy is still preliminary. They said there was urine in his bladder and kibbles in his stomach. This is strange considering that he turned his nose up that morning. We saw the Vet today who received the Preliminary Report. I told him about the Diet Kibbles as this cat came from Florida and it was the Florida Vet that told me to get it.

I was surprised when this Vet told me that it fills them up so they don't want to eat. I am wondering if there is some ingredient mechanism in there that works on the chemical organism to stop them from eating and he still wanted to eat so he picked up things from the floor. In any case, I am shocked to see these reviews and very upset at the loss of our most beautiful intelligent Cat. I AGREE WITH THE REVIEWS...STOP GIVING THIS EXPENSIVE GARBAGE TO YOUR ANIMALS....Let them eat and enjoy even if it is garbage food. I feed feral cats outside, cheap Friskies Dry and Wet food and they are all alive and not sick and have not seen any Vets. I will NEVER EVER do this again. I will be getting the full Autopsy very soon.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I called a Royal Canin chat line. Was refused help because I'm Canadian. Contacted Royal Canin Canada, no chat line but I did email requesting feeding guidelines. No response. Sent second email. Still no response. Going to find another product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: May 30, 2019

I've purchased and fed both my dog and cat Royal Canin. I have a large breed mastiff/pitbull and she's elderly and fussy yet she does like this brand. We buy the sensitive stomach line and it does seem to help her. It's pricey but not the most expensive so it's a reasonable value considering it's palatable and has plenty of variety for breed and size.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I’ve use a variety of the brands for cats with differ conditions. From kitten food to cats with digestion issues to cats with kidney disease. I cannot afford the vet foods and finds that the pet store versions are almost as good. The aging 12+ is amazing for my elder cats - it’s designed with an appetite stimulant and lowered phosphorous and great for cats with kidney disease. You also cannot get any better than the kitten.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This is a prescription diet (Urinary SO) for a dog following major, expensive surgery for a big cluster of bladder stones. She has had no further problems after several years on this diet. It is quite expensive, but because both my cats and 1 of my 2 dogs all were on different prescription diets, for simplicity’s sake, I feed Royal Canin to both dogs. It cannot hurt, and the extra expense is worth it!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am not a dog and my dog is not able to tell me whether it is good or bad since I do not eat dog food. But my French bulldog is healthy, her skin is healthy and she seems to enjoy her food. I appreciate the fact that Royal Canin produces a product that is breed specific.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My dog is on a special diet. She eats urinary so moderate calorie. Royal Canin can only be bought at the vet hence the low score on availability. The price is mid scored because it is on the higher side, but still is on level with the expensive brands (Orijen) that I used to buy.

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information