1.70/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

I’ve use a variety of the brands for cats with differ conditions. From kitten food to cats with digestion issues to cats with kidney disease. I cannot afford the vet foods and finds that the pet store versions are almost as good. The aging 12+ is amazing for my elder cats - it’s designed with an appetite stimulant and lowered phosphorous and great for cats with kidney disease. You also cannot get any better than the kitten.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I've purchased and fed both my dog and cat Royal Canin. I have a large breed mastiff/pitbull and she's elderly and fussy yet she does like this brand. We buy the sensitive stomach line and it does seem to help her. It's pricey but not the most expensive so it's a reasonable value considering it's palatable and has plenty of variety for breed and size.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I am not a dog and my dog is not able to tell me whether it is good or bad since I do not eat dog food. But my French bulldog is healthy, her skin is healthy and she seems to enjoy her food. I appreciate the fact that Royal Canin produces a product that is breed specific.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This is a prescription diet (Urinary SO) for a dog following major, expensive surgery for a big cluster of bladder stones. She has had no further problems after several years on this diet. It is quite expensive, but because both my cats and 1 of my 2 dogs all were on different prescription diets, for simplicity’s sake, I feed Royal Canin to both dogs. It cannot hurt, and the extra expense is worth it!

Original review: April 3, 2019

My dog is on a special diet. She eats urinary so moderate calorie. Royal Canin can only be bought at the vet hence the low score on availability. The price is mid scored because it is on the higher side, but still is on level with the expensive brands (Orijen) that I used to buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have a 4 month old black lab puppy. I started a slow, slowww switch of his food about 3 weeks ago. He’s being transitioned to the puppy lab food from Royal Canin. The farther we got through the switch. A lot of things started to change... Abnormally stinkier his poops got, vomiting ever few days, stinky farts, crazy dry skin, constipation, butt dragging on the ground, and his poop is some solid and some soft. He’s completely changed. I will definitely be changing back to old food. He deserves better. Of course I bought a 30 pound bag that now I’ll have to throw away.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Rottweiler just turned 3, has been on Royal Canin his whole life. All of sudden he’s gotten diarrhea for weeks. Vet told us to try Royal Canin GI, three weeks later still loose stool and doesn’t seem himself. We completely got rid of the stuff. Won’t ever use it again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

My male cat has been on RC Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie for UTI’s for a little over a year without any issues. His two sisters eat it as well. However, the last bag that I purchased from my vet a couple weeks ago has caused all three of them to vomit a lot. Two of my three cats never vomit, but they have both projectile vomited three or four times a week since two weeks ago, after eating from the new bag.

Yesterday morning I took the food up and mentioned what was going on to the vet tech today when I took my dog in. She gave me another bag, hoping it was from a different batch, but when I got home and compared the bags they had the same expiration dates on them. I phoned my vet tech to let her know, and I’ll be returning both bags. My male needs urinary food, so until something changes with RC I purchased him some OTC Hills Science Urinary and Hairball. The bad food has an expiration date of 12/04/2020. Me and my vet will also be notifying Royal Canine as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

We have a three year old Rottweiler who has just been diagnosed with lymphoid cancer. She has been on Royal Canin her whole life and does not get anything else except water. DO NOT BUY THIS DOG FOOD or do your research about its ingredients. We are devastated and have been given two months left with our girl!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have 2 labs, 13 and 4 years old who have been on this food for about 2 years. Recently, my older lab has had bouts of diarrhea and I've had to switch her to I/D. She gets better, I put her back on the Royal Canin only to repeat the pattern. Both dogs' stools have changed since this last bag -- they are lighter in color. I'm chucking the bag after reading all these similar reports -- my next call is Chewy, then Consumer Affairs. Something isn't right!!

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information