1.84/5
  • 1 star
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 30, 2017

408 Royal Canin Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My cat has been eating this Royal Canin Feline Health Intense Hairball since July and suddenly just stopped eating it. I had to take her to the vet, on Saturday where she has liver issues. She is only 4 years old and this food is the only change in her diet. It did help with her hairballs, but certainly not worth her current issues. She had a shot of an antibiotic and just hope she will get better. I wish I had seen this site before I changed her food.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My 15-year-old cat has been eating RC food for years. She just started getting rather severe diarrhea yesterday and this morning she isn't really eating her wet food... which is unusual for her. I can't say for sure that it's the new cans of RC wet food we just bought on Amazon (maybe with this new formula) but it does seem suspicious that this is happening when so many other pets are having the same problem. I'm going to start her on some other food ASAP! Hopefully that will clear things up.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I recently purchased Royal Canin Urinary SO. After feeding this poison to my dog for one week, she became extremely lethargic and lost enthusiasm in her favorite activities. She refused to eat any more food, but would cave when she realized we wouldn't feed her anything else. Her refusal should have been a warning to us, but it wasn't. Along with lethargy, my sweet dog's paws became red and swollen. She was constantly licking them. Red, flaky welts also started breaking out on her back and she developed a pink rash on her belly. I took her off Urinary SO and within no more than 24 hours her symptoms dissipated. Three days later, she is back to her spunky self, her paws have returned to normal and her rash has cleared. I will never use this food again. I am disgusted by this product and I am alarmed thinking about what might have happened if my poor pup was kept on this food regime.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Rescued my Russian Blue mix kitten and the foster parent had told me that she has only been eating dry cat food. On my way home from getting my kitten I stopped by Petco, bought a bag of Royal Canin Kitten Dry Cat Food. Once I got home I place my kitten kennel facing the bathroom door so she could see her litter box, with her food near her kennel. That night I awoke by the sound of her munching on her food. After she ate she went to the litter box and I could hear that her stomach was very soft. The following day she ate less which had me a little worried but I figured it's probably her just having to adjust to her new environment. She would drink plenty of water but only sniff at her food.

When she finally used her litter box I went to check it and I noticed that her stomach was extremely hard which explained why she has been going less (The food is making her constipated). Went back to Petco and got her Instinct Grain Free Kitten Food (Wet food). As soon as I set that in her bowl she was the happiest kitten in the world. She ate in such a way that I feared she might show signs of aggression thinking that this kind of food is a one time deal. I sat next to her while she ate and gently brushed her hair with my hand to see if she would show signs of aggression towards me. Thank God everything was fine. She stayed calm and kept eating. Never buying anything Royal... looking at feeding my kitten homemade meals after doing some extensive research.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Have purchased a Royal Canin renal dog food of 7 kg from a authorized dealer, and found insects and worms inside the food, renal dog food is a veterinary food. I found, when I saw my dog vomiting and I took my dog to vet now he got some kind of infection. I have sent several emails to Royal Canin Mumbai and called them several times regarding the same but didn’t got any response and this is the second time it happened. Last time the food was replaced by the dealer. This time I am filing a complaint against Royal Canin and the dealer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

My very sensitive dog has been on Royal Canin Rabbit dry food for about a year now after discovering she has a severe allergy to just about everything under the Sun. However since August 2017 we noticed the kibble has changed from larger to smaller bites. At the same time my dog has begun a hunger strike and the little bit she does eat she ends up throwing up or having loose stools with. I don't know what has changed but I wish they'd change it. She has very few options for her very sensitive allergies.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

ROYAL CANIN SIAMESE CAT FOOD – My 11-1/2 year old Siamese has been eating this since we brought him home at age 12 weeks. Never a problem until this most recent bag. Did something change with the ingredients? Diarrhea, loose stools for two weeks. Vomited three times in less than a week. He began to eat less of this kibble, spitting it out as he was being hand-fed. Been withholding this from him for about seven days now (have been giving him poached chicken breast instead) and the diarrhea/loose stools have disappeared. We mentioned this to our friend that works at the neighborhood pet supply store and she told us straight up that RC had changed their formula/ingredients.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My male cat Simba who is now 6 years old has been eating Royal Canin Wet Adult Thin Slices in Gravy. For the second time he has gotten these red bumps on his skin. Last time at the vet they said it could be his food because all of his labs were fine. Did RC change their ingredients? Lately he turns his nose up when I put the food out. Now he is sick again with these bumps and I have to take him back to the vet. Anyone have any recommendations to what I should change his food too? His sister eats the adult indoor dry cat and doesn't have any issues? Please help me!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My two cats have been on RC for years and now one of them has been vomiting every day for about 6 weeks. Vet visit surfaced nothing in bloodwork, etc. Has the product changed? From the reviews I am reading, I think I will change brands because this is ridiculous!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have 2 Persian cats both from Champion and Grand Champ lines. They are from different breeders. Purchased as kittens. One cat does beautifully on RC Persian, has a beautiful coat and nice healthy teeth. The other was always thin, had thin body and coat. He didn't look healthy. Vet check and found elevation in CO2 but normal parathyroid levels. At age 5 I had both of their teeth cleaned. The thin one lost 8 teeth, the other was fine. I changed from Royal Canin food because he couldn't eat it without teeth. I put him on fancy feast canned food. He loves it, won't eat the Royal Canin at all and for the first time he is gaining weight and fur. It has been 6 weeks and the change is amazing. I can only concluded that he was not digesting the RC food properly. The vet is mystified. I have had many Persians, this is the first problem that was reversed by moving to Costco canned food.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have six cats that are being fed on RC Exigent and RC Skin and Hair. All of my cats have started to vomit after eating this food. This is the only food they eat. Anyone else having the same problem with this cat food?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Royal Canin rabbit & potato - Ever since switching my dogs to this diet with the recommendation from my veterinarian my dog's itching had dramatically decreased. We did the food trial for the full 12 weeks but by week 6 there was already a huge improvement in my dog's skin and itch. We previously had her on an over the counter diet of salmon and potato but realized that she had a mild reaction to fish and that over the counter diets have the potential to be cross contaminated during their production or manufacturing processes.

After the 12 week diet trial we "challenged" her diet one ingredient at a time. Sure enough, she is allergic to every protein under the sun... no chicken, beef, fish, egg, lamb, duck etc. It's disappointing but easy to manage once we know what she can and can not have. She only poops 1-2 times a day versus before was 3-4 times a day. She is no longer itchy which is the most important part. We love Royal Canin and their guaranteed products. They also have great customer service which is hard to find these days. I will continue to use RC for future pets even if they are not allergic. They have great formulas even for normal dogs

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have a Dalmatian and she has a sensitive stomach - which means expensive dog food. I ordered Royal Canin Sensitive Digestion and was good for about 6 months. I started noticing strange red swelling bumps on her head one day. I quickly started eliminating everything I could think of that could be causing the problem. No staying at the Puppy Play place, no pool time, etc. I never thought it could be the FOOD. I kept feeding her and after a few more days I thought maybe it is the food. At that same time I found broken pieces of green plastic soft wheels in the dog food bag! I realized she was eating something beyond the food. I slowly weaned her off the food and she slowly started to get better. The bumps left nasty brown marks on her forehead and they are slowly going away. I can only hope that I caught it before anything long term happened. I will NEVER use Royal Canin again. NEVER.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I went in to purchase some food for my Labrador and during the first couple days the dogs were eating the food without a problem, but on day 4 or 5 it had slight diarrhea. I changed her diet to chicken and rice and the bowels were back to normal.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I had a chihuahua for three years and I fed him Royal Canin food since he was a puppy to adult. One day, I noticed he started developing issues with urinating and just feeling VERY sick. I took him to the vet, had some X-rays done and bad news came. My poor Bobby was diagnosed with very very large bladder stones and a severe urinary tract infection. My vet told me that this was 95% from food. Not even surgery would help and I was forced to put him down, there was no option. My dog never had any symptoms and this came as a shock.

I have heard other related stories all caused by ROYAL CANIN. PLEASE DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG THIS FOOD. Read the ingredients, all chemicals. My eyes are now opened! If you wouldn't eat it, don't let your pooch eat it. There are other dog food brands that provide healthier options. This food killed my dog, I now warn everyone about this brand. I am not the first pet owner whose dog went through bladder stones caused by Royal Canin, this brand should be recalled and taken off store shelves! I do not recommend this food to any animal, not even rats.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I cringe when I read negative review about this food, because I honestly think it has saved my little miniature schnauzer's life. She was diagnosed with HGE twice, and she nearly died the second time. Her tummy is so sensitive (so are her feelings), and the couple of times we've switched her food because I bought into the negative reviews, she almost immediately began to exhibit vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

I asked a veterinarian online today what he thinks of the food, and he said he feeds it to his dogs, and that he doesn't pay much attention to hype about this ingredient or that ingredient - if a dog does well on the food, it's fine to feed it. He went on to say that Royal Canin is a perfectly fine food and the company maintains very excellent quality control. So, while I respect and sympathize with anyone who has had a negative experience, and, as with anything, it isn't for everyone. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. Royal Canin is the food of choice for my much-loved, very picky miniature schnauzer.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My mixed Bichon Frise dog is the pickiest eater. Tried most of the dog foods and he only ate the Bichon Frise from Royal Canin ordered thru Amazon with no hesitation. I saw all negative comments and got scared but I also wanted to share my input.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My young cat had a kidney problem that resulted in surgery and Royal Canin SOS was recommended. She has been eating this for 10 years and she became so sick last Monday that I had to rush her to the vet the next day. I told them that I thought it was the food since she was vomiting constantly for over an hour. She has always had a tendency to vomit because of her long hair but this was all just undigested food. I have tried to get her off of this horrible food many times but she just stopped eating so I kept feeding and cleaning up her vomit. Finally after a $246 vet bill to tell me she was fine, I said "this is stopping right now".

I took the food away from her and went to a healthy cat food store and talked at length to the woman who works there. I took home a small trial size bag of Orijen Cat and Kitten Dry Food and she ate it right away. I also bought several cans of different brands of canned food and the one she really likes is Wellness Complete Chicken. She has not thrown up any food since I took her off of that Royal Canin Crap. I see there is also a Class Action Suit against these Pet Food RX companies. My cat is so much better and back to being energetic and playful. I told the vet I was not feeding her anymore of that food but he offered not much in the way of advice. Again... Do not feed this crap to your kitties.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Due to blood in urine, I have been feeding my cats Royal Canin Urinary S/O for about 5 or 6 years. They each get 1/3 cup of dry in the morning and evening, and 1/4 can wet in the afternoon. All was well until about March 2017 when one cat was vomiting regularly. Vet did Xrays, bloodwork, etc. and no issues determined. Switched to a Royal Canin "bland" food which the wet worked fine but too much of the dry gave her diarrhea. Slowly mixed bland and S/O to get her back on track and it was fine. Then switched to all S/O and in 1 day she was vomiting again. Other cat seems to have no issues. I'm guessing Royal Canin had a formula change and it is detrimental to some animals. Used to be good, now cat vomits regularly.

Original review: April 12, 2017

My 13 year old Cairn Terrier was on Royal Canin S/O for several months following removal of a large bladder stone. She loved the food and was doing fine until the most recent bag, purchased in February 2017. She turned her nose up at it and when she actually did eat it, she would throw up. After days of her throwing up and becoming more and more lethargic, I changed her diet to a non-prescription food and within 24 hours, she was better and has not thrown up since and is much more alert. In reading other reviews, I can't help but wonder what changed with their food in 2017?

Original review: April 7, 2017

My (male) cat Angel blocked around August 2011 when he was 4 years old, w a struvite plug & had to have surgery to unblock his urethra. He ate Friskies canned food, and friskies indoor dry, and another grocery store indoor formula dry food but I don't remember the brand at the moment. It was a few months after we went on a 10 day vacation to Disney World & had my brother watch both of our cats while we were gone. The vet told us to put him on prescription urinary food for the rest of his life, or else he would die... These were our first pets, so we didn't know any better at the time.

After a few years, I started to notice the commercials about the pet food ingredients, so I was horrified by the Royal Canin ingredients when I realized it. I wanted to get him off the food, but I was terrified and paralyzed by fear that my decision to switch foods could kill my cat. But then I thought, these crap ingredients are going to eventually kill him anyway. Then I found out there is no actual "prescription" in the food! And they charged like $2.25 or so a can, for grain, corn, and barely any protein.

Me and my cat have a very close bond, and we both get separation anxiety and are codependent. Sometimes when I feel like I can't go on, I look at him and know that he needs me and I can't leave him because I love him so much and he needs me. Also he was leaking small drips of pee, sometimes, during his sleep, and had large sized pees. I think that may have been caused from the surgery causing scar tissue because it wasn't a uti, and the vet didn't find the cause besides his urine stream has always been a thin stream.

It took me until Feb 2016 to work up the courage to switch food. I researched so many years, for so many hours I could probably have earned a degree in cat nutrition. I just didn't want to mess up and cause him any harm. I found some good info on: The Conscious Cat website & Truth about Pet Food website I also recently watched the documentary "Pet Fooled" on demand, which I would recommend. I tried raw food w my cats, but the girl cat wouldn't touch it, and Angel eats so slow that I was concerned about bacteria. He seems to get his appetite back and he eats dry food really fast though lol.

I stopped free feeding dry food and only give him enough dry food to cover the bottom of his bowl when we go to bed at night. They get canned food 2 times a day but I have to shred freeze dried chicken on top of his because he doesn't like wet food as much. And if he doesn't eat it all, I put plastic on it and put it in the fridge for later so I don't waste any. The best foods that I could find when I researched, were canned: Wellness Core, (NO FISH!) and dry: Orijen, Regional flavor, formerly made in Canada. So I made the switch.

I also got some PH test strips online and tested his PH. I think it was around 7.5 so I ordered dl-methionine online from a company called V.E.T. Pharmaceuticals because I found out that dl-methionine is what they use in the prescription food.I got a mortar & pestle at Bed Bath & Beyond and crush two 200 mg pills on his wet food twice a day. He is 14 lbs. His urine PH got down to normal with that dosage. I also mix water into his wet food because he eats more. Then top w/ the chicken. Recently, I discovered the Orijen changed their formula Because my cats didn't like the food as much. So I found out that orijen built a new factory in Kentucky just for Americans, how nice of them... And now the ingredients for American cats are cheaper than what the Canadian cats get.

Also both my cats started gagging and almost threw up a few weeks ago at the same time after feeding the Wellness core. Then Angel had diarrhea for 3 days, so I realized that I had to do this all over again! Yay! So I switched them to Nutro grain free because Wellness dog food was recalled because it had metal in it... and the cat food had around the same expiration dates so I will never feed them wellness again. They had also changed the formula because the texture was completely different, and both cats barely ate it anymore, so I had to find older cans dated before Nov 2019 because that is when it switched.

I noticed that these companies love to change their formulas and not notify anyone, and they never change it for the better. They ALWAYS change it to something cheaper so they can buy a new yacht or whatever these evil demons want to buy at the moment. Or mostly these money hoarding sociopathic narcissists just like to amass money that they will never use for no reason. May they be cursed to suffer the same fate times three that they make people go through so they can feel some empathy for their victims and stop killing people's pets! This country already sucks bad enough, people work at jobs as a corporate slave and have no real hope anymore because there isn't much room for advancement. And now these greedy companies are trying to take out our pets just to make a buck?

I got an ultrasound done on Angel's bladder on Dec 30, 2016 at the vet, and had his urine tested because he was still dribbling urine in his sleep. His urine had blood in it, and he had crystals present in his bladder. So I researched again, and found out that male cats can have anxiety and stress, and it often causes feline idiopathic cystitis around the same age as Angel was. Which basically means there is no uti or other medical cause for him to have urinary issues.

So I got Feliway Plug in pheromone diffusers that relax cats, and I also found ** which is made for idiopathic cystitis. But it is only sold in the U.K. and they are hesitant to ship it because customs can destroy it upon entry because it isn't approved to be sold in the U.S. Once again, America can't get things that actually help because we aren't allowed to be healthy in this country. Because companies would lose all their profits if Americans, and now their pets, were allowed to be healthy. So they have to keep us sick and not allow us to have things that are highly recommended in other countries.

So I stocked up on the Orijen made in Canada and I saw they have a new cat food "coming soon" called Tundra for cats that will be shipped in limited quantities from Canada. And I found an amazing wet food called Hound & Gatos online at Amazon so I have to order it because stores don't carry it. It is meat, and vitamins and minerals, and nothing else! So it is actually better than the Wellness, because there was carrageenan and some fruits and vegetables in the wellness if I remember correctly.

There is no good wet food in any of the pet stores. They all have something in them that I didn't like. There is always an ingredient that doesn't need to be in there in every single cat food. Unnecessary ingredients include but are not limited to, carrageenan, montremite clay, potatoes, rice, corn, sweet potatoes, peas, all vegetables, all fruits, by products, and any ingredients sourced from China. Basically they only need to put the freaking MEAT in the freaking can, w the necessary vitamins and minerals to meet a cat's nutritional daily requirements, and then STOP! Do not add anything else, EVER! Do not change the formula when you get popular and start making money because you let the greed take over you. Those customers mainly will not come back.

The person responsible for making the formula change decision should be made to research any new ingredients safety first, and then clearly mark the packages stating what has changed so people can make the decision for themselves if they want to feed it to their pet. Now they just try to sneak it in there and think the cats won't notice that they are dying from the poison they are eating. Anyway, I got 2 months of the ** from the U.K. and opened one capsule on the wet food two times a day, and he stopped leaking! And his ultrasound and urine test a few weeks ago was clear! No blood, no crystals. Even the vet was surprised that he was healed in a few months and asked what the medicine was called.

I found a liquid medicine available called Joint Purrfection that is avail in the us but it's not as good. ** has 125 mg glucosamine, which helps maintain the bladder lining, 37.5mg l-tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin which has a calming anti anxiety effect, and 10 mg hyaluronic acid one of the main components of the protective GAG layer that lines the bladder. So this builds the bladder lining up because it was being ripped by the crystals and then caused blood in urine and irritation. He also was having some arthritis for a year and now started to jump back on counters again so I know it is working for his joints. I ordered some ** on amazon and eBay but they were expired when I got them. I will have to find a friend in the uk who can help me out with getting non expired meds.

Also I have noticed a lot of counterfeit items on amazon especially because the reviews seem to start going downhill and people say their usual product isn't the same as normal. Also I have started researching how tap water could be causing these urinary issues. I have hard water and it started smelling like strong chlorine last month and I started giving the cats spring water because I wasn't sure why they got sick and if it was the wellness, orijen, or maybe the water. But Angel likes nasty tap water so he wasn't drinking as much. I found out reverse osmosis and distilled water strips all the minerals out the water, and most filters are not that great either. They say that Spring Water is the best to buy from the store, and not Deer Park which is what I was buying.

A gravity system w compressed carbon, or ceramic filter is best. So I paid $350 last night to order a British Berkey water system w 4 ceramic filters. But there is a cheaper lesser quality version made by the same company called Big Berkey, so I almost got tricked into buying the cheaper version. It is sad when you have to become an expert on so many things just to keep yourself and your family safe. I know waaayyy too much about feline medicine, urinary issues, pet food nutrition, myself and my family's medical issues, because we go to the doctor and they never seem to have a diagnosis for anything... And now water... I never thought I would be forced into learning almost every aspect about water. It took me like 8 hours to find a decent water filtration system because of all the paid, fake, reviews of items online.

It is hard to figure out the truth and find a quality product because of all the misleading reviews and the counterfeit products. But I cured my baby Angel and I am happy that he is going to be ok now. I was so grateful and I wanted to share his story to help other cats who are going thru the same thing. It took me 6 years to figure it out and I felt helpless and responsible to fix it for him because several vets had no idea what to do besides do testing or tell me to feed him prescription. I did test him regularly though to make sure he was responding well. His PH was normal w the dl-methionine but he still had some issues so it is a delicate balance to figure out what each cat needs.

If his urine PH got too low, he could form kidney stones that can only be removed surgically. I would recommend routine blood work, ultrasound, and urine testing w a needle inserted into the bladder to be sure everything is ok to anyone who decides to take their cat off prescription food. I hope this helps other cats out there :). I am now going to start looking into a negative ion dispenser air filtration system to help purify the air in my home because I stumbled upon the subject while researching water.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I own a small female Jack Russell Terrier call Jess. Jess is now 7 years and 5 months old but up until last May and for three years prior to that Jess was experiencing small seizures (petit mal). At first these seizures were few and far between maybe one every couple of months until last May when she had two in a week. This was when we visited the vets as before we could cope with her having just the intermittent one and really didn't want her to have to go through a barrage of tests. We managed to video the seizure and gave this to our vet, who then proceeded to give Jess a blood test to rule out any chemical imbalance that could be causing this; this came back negative. It was then decided that she should have a brain scan to see if this would show up anything.

I rang my insurance company to make sure that I would be covered and was all prepared to go forward with this and to put my sweet little dog through the barrage of tests that I had tried to avoid in the first place, when I had a brain storm and rang the veterinary practice to speak to the receptionist. I asked the receptionist how long Jess had been on a special diet for her teeth (Royal Canin Small Dog Dental). She said she would check and before she could answer me I interrupted and said, "You are going to say about three years aren't you" and she said, "Yes, why?"

At that very moment I knew that all along it had been this food! I looked at the ingredients immediately and the only thing that I could see that may be the culprit was an ingredient called Pentasodium Triphosphate and in a 2kg bag of this dog food there is a mega 3g of it!!! This substance is used as a preservative for dog food and some human foods and is also used in cleaning agents, detergents, soaps, paint and the list goes on!!! I stopped giving Jess this food immediately and what do you know... she has had no seizures since and that is nearly a year now! I cannot believe that a dog food that is sold to you through your veterinary surgery can cause this to happen to your pet, not saying that it would happen to every pet but perhaps my little dog was more hypersensitive than another but I wanted this to be put out there so that others who may be experiencing this with their dog or cat can check it out!!

Original review: April 1, 2017

My elderly cat was diagnosed with renal issues during a recent wellness visit. The vet recommended Royal Canin Renal Support, and I bought a kit with several different flavors of wet and a small bag of dry food. Within 12 hours of the first meal my cat started puking and pooping all over. The poop was green and extremely smelly. Poor kitty was sick all night. By morning she was clearly uncomfortable but at least drinking water. I threw away all remaining food including unopened cans so no one else's cat suffers like this from this food. 12 hours later back on her old food she's eating well, drinking water and while still a bit fragile. She is much better, no puke or poop all over. After reading other reviews I am convinced that I made a bad decision by trying this food and I'm posting to warn others. Photos of the bag with numbers are attached.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Urinary + Calming is making my cat vomit! I think the new batch needs to be recalled! My cat has been desperately ill since starting this new bag. I've spent hundreds of dollars at the vet and they can't find anything wrong with him.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We have two female cats. One 16 yrs old and the other is 9 yrs old that have had a couple intestinal issues and our vet prescribed Royal Canin Gastrointestinal to ease their systems. It's very expensive so looking for a less expensive way to continue on this I found Consumer Affairs link and started reading everyone's reviews. Being trusting of my vet I still gave them the food. Within less than 24 hrs the 9 yr old vomited 6 times and couldn't stay awake for long. The 16 yr old bloated so bad and got so cold. She too couldn't stay awake for long. They also drank an extraordinary amount of water. They couldn't get enough.

So I pulled up the food and gave them their original food back. 16 hrs later they're acting more like their old selves. No more vomiting and the bloating is down by half. She's no longer cold and they're walking and playing again. The vet said she will refund our money for the food. UPC code 3011148428

484288/P484288C. Bottom of bag: BBD/MA 07222018/CAD 22 JUL2018 17021006RCR 04:19 HECHO EN/FABRIQUE AU/MADE IN USA 8.8 LB BAG. I am so grateful for all of you that took the time to leave a review and for this website!!! Thank you so very much!!!

Original review: March 2, 2017

My dog was observed by me with increased thirst and urinating at night with senior Canin product. I didn't know this was the source and took her to vet for evaluation. The vet thought she had urinary problem. She was switched to Urinary SO where symptoms worsened to incontinence at night. It didn't stop until she was taken off product where symptoms stopped immediately.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

My male cat has been fed Royal Canin Urinary S/O for somewhere over ten years, to combat urinary crystals, on our vet's recommendation. As far as we had been made aware, he must eat this and nothing else for the rest of his life or risk serious complications. And because we trust our vet we believed that, and that it must be a good food for him if it is a prescription food. He has tolerated it with no problems for a long time, and has certainly had no more crystal formations since eating this.

However, the most recent bag we purchased for him has changed all that. Bought in early February 2017. My poor cat vomits every time he eats from this new bag, and is terribly constipated. I have noticed the kibbles are greasier than usual, with tiny orange beads of fat on them. It is also much stronger smelling and seems to stick to his bowl. I had my suspicions the food was making him vomit but couldn't be sure, until my other cat who has in the past chosen to eat this food regularly without needing it, ate some instead of her own food. She vomited almost immediately. She ate some more another day, vomited again. Having done some research I am now in no doubt this current bag of food is poisoning my cat, and has been the worst choice for him in the long run anyway. Where do I turn now? What do I feed him? I hate myself for having blindly followed advice and for potentially putting my poor cats in grave danger.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

My cat has digestive issues that have put his health in jeopardy several times. However once put on Royal gastrointestinal? No more impacting. Hard to find though as only in vet offices. It seems pricey compared w/ other brands, but worth every dollar.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I use special Royal Canin formula designed for adult male cats. This will hopefully keep my cat healthy for many years to come. Prior to this formula, used the same brand to ensure his teeth were clean and free from tartar. I am now using this formula as a treat for him every evening. Yes, I am pleased.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Royal Canin Pet Food is a high quality, grain-free cat food that comes in multiple flavors. My cats love it which is of course important. But equally important are the ingredients which are all natural with no fillers. It keeps my cats' coat nice and shiny and the all natural ingredients make it easy on my litter box as well. It is a little more expensive than the average dry food, but it is well worth it.

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information