1.69/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Royal Canin Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Royal Canin Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

My male cat has been on RC Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie for UTI’s for a little over a year without any issues. His two sisters eat it as well. However, the last bag that I purchased from my vet a couple weeks ago has caused all three of them to vomit a lot. Two of my three cats never vomit, but they have both projectile vomited three or four times a week since two weeks ago, after eating from the new bag.

Yesterday morning I took the food up and mentioned what was going on to the vet tech today when I took my dog in. She gave me another bag, hoping it was from a different batch, but when I got home and compared the bags they had the same expiration dates on them. I phoned my vet tech to let her know, and I’ll be returning both bags. My male needs urinary food, so until something changes with RC I purchased him some OTC Hills Science Urinary and Hairball. The bad food has an expiration date of 12/04/2020. Me and my vet will also be notifying Royal Canine as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

We have a three year old Rottweiler who has just been diagnosed with lymphoid cancer. She has been on Royal Canin her whole life and does not get anything else except water. DO NOT BUY THIS DOG FOOD or do your research about its ingredients. We are devastated and have been given two months left with our girl!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have 2 labs, 13 and 4 years old who have been on this food for about 2 years. Recently, my older lab has had bouts of diarrhea and I've had to switch her to I/D. She gets better, I put her back on the Royal Canin only to repeat the pattern. Both dogs' stools have changed since this last bag -- they are lighter in color. I'm chucking the bag after reading all these similar reports -- my next call is Chewy, then Consumer Affairs. Something isn't right!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I was recommended to buy the wet food to mix with dry food to entice my lab and golden retriever to eat their dry food. The rep for this company was in the aisle when I went to PetSmart and she highly recommended two different kinds of wet food. After giving just a couple spoonfuls and mixing it in both of their bowls both of my dogs were deathly ill! Nonstop vomiting and diarrhea every 10 minutes for almost 72 hours! This overpriced food is seriously a joke! I spoke with my vet and was trying to avoid $1000 pet visit for both so was able to put them on steamed rice and steamed chicken per the vet's recommendation. Do not buy this food unless you want your dog to almost die from vomiting diarrhea and dehydration!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have 3 cats of various age and activity levels. One has every problem known to man. One was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic issues (she has never had any problems). The third is a kitten that we have had for two months. They each eat a different version of Royal Canin. All three are now throwing up on a daily basis!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Canin Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

My cat eats Royal Canin Urinary so dry food and it was fine for years. Suddenly (we got new bag of food week ago) she got really sick and vomited for 3 days before we went to vet. she got IV therapy and was very ill. Now we switched food and it looks like she is doing better, but it is still to early to say. I see that I'm not the only one with same problems. She doesn't go outside and eats only this Royal Canin food, so obviously there's connection. What is going on and why this food does not look the same anymore? My cat vomited yellow chunks of food before she stopped eating it completely. I've sent an e-mail to Royal Canin but not expecting honest answer, so this is one way to spread the word and tell animal lovers that something is not right

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Recently purchased a new 6.5lbs bag of Royal Canin Urinary SO Light and the kibble looks completely different than it has in the past. Most of the kibble is much lighter with a few darker more normal looking ones in it. My cat, of 17 years who has never been a picky eater and would always eat anything that's put in front of him will not eat this food. There's definitely something wrong with this batch of food. Will be returning it and possibly switching to a different brand.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I’ve been feeding my Chihuahua Royal Canin since she was one. She is now two years old. Recently I bought a new bag and in the second week her health started to decline. She stopped eating. She was urinating blood. I took her to the vet so it turns out that she has bladder stones and kidney stones. Her liver is shutting down and her kidneys are enlarged. It all happened within a week the have done a lot of tests and can’t find what was wrong with her. So with that her health stated to decline I am having the food tested because I know they won’t do nothing about it. Don’t poison your dog with this food. There is something off with this brand. Recently I have been seeing a lot of reviews and people that have had bad experiences with their pets because of the food. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My cats have been on Royal Canin digestive prescription food for a few years. Off/on they have been getting sick and throwing up lots. This last bag that we got in September 2019 they all got sick when they ate it. Barely ate, took a few steps and threw it up. The last few days we had this new bag 2 of 3 refused to eat it. They would sniff and walk away. I ck'd the Internet & see the other recent, bad review. I change my cats to Hills Science Diet Digestive Health cat food on 9/23. Since then no throw ups except on 9/30 and that was because of a hairball. Someone needs to check into the ingredients in this cat food - something isn't right!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

My puppy became very ill after eating from a new bag of this food. She only ate one meal but deteriorated quickly and would not (could not) eat or drink anything for almost 3 days. I immediately suspected her food. After $1000 in vet bills trying to find the cause of her vomiting, lethargy, anorexia and loose stools she was tested positive for salmonella poisoning. This food has been reported to the distributor, manufacturer and FDA.

Royal Canin Pet Foods Company Information