Pedigree Pet Foods

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have fed my dogs Pedigree canned dog food for years. But this year Pedigree has added a gelatin-like substance to their food. My dog will not eat it! I have to carefully slide it out of the can and scrape all the substance off the food. This morning I measured the substance and it was 1/4 of a cup!! I don't consider this stuff food! Consequently I will be swapping to another brand!

I recently purchased some of their canned dog food such as Chunky Ground Dinner Beef, Bacon and Cheese Flavor, Chunky Ground Dinner Turkey and Bacon and Chopped Ground Dinner with Beef. I notice the main ingredients are Chicken By-Products, Chicken Meat, Liver and then finally an ingredient related to the label. The label of these products is misleading at best. I feel duped by Pedigree not calling the dog food for what it is, Chicken By-Products with flavoring and a huge amount of chemicals. I did a little investigation on your wet and dry food products and I was disappointed at the number of complaints. Just a heads up to check the actual ingredients and don't believe marketing that promotes the product using questionable comments.

About 6 weeks ago I bought a 55 lb bag of Pedigree Adult Dry Dog Food with roasted chicken rice and vegetables. With days all three of my golden retrievers were sick in varying degrees. Some had diarrhea, some were throwing up and one of them had a seizure. None of them had any health problems so I thought maybe they had gotten sick from something but did not suspect the dog food.

Last night the same one had another seizure and I started doing research online to try and find out what might be happening. That's when I found out about the issues with Pedigree. With so many of the same complaints, why isn't something being done to get this food off the market? For us pet owners, these are our babies. We love them as family. Something needs to be done about this company selling food that makes animals sick and has even killed some. I still have one unopened bag and about 40 pounds in a container that I will have to dispose of. My dogs will not eat another bite. I just hope that no permanent damage has been done.

My dogs won't eat Pedigree dog food for the 2nd 20lbs bag now and I had to throw it out. My older lab is now displaying kidney failure symptoms. We switched to "Purina One" dog food and both dogs immediately ate it without any coaxing. Something appears to be very wrong with the Purina dog food and they refuse to eat it!

I have been feeding my dogs Pedigree dog food to try to fatten up my beagle but recently he started vomiting and diarrhea with blood in his stool and we took him to the vet and they tried everything they could but he did not get better so we brought him home for some TLC to die. It was when our Boston got sick that we realized it was their food. We feed them canned Pedigree dog food, Meaty Loaf style. I did not realize it had such bad reviews. Do not feed your dogs Pedigree of any type. There are many stories of dogs dying on wet and dry food and they are rated the lowest rating for dog food. I pray this review saves another life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

I mix the choice cuts with their food. My dog got a toxic reaction to the food. Vet said it was a toxin. My dog is 12 and just had blood work and xrays about 2 month ago. He was in perfect health. Noticed after getting a box of the Pedigree pouches he got very sick. Started falling to right side and threw up. Took him to vet. Had to leave him over 2 night with IVs and said it was some kind of toxin that is the only thing I changed was food so I'm thinking it was the Pedigree. Be aware.

I just recently bought my dog a bag of Pedigree dog food. This is the brand I always buy her and everything has always been fine. However, this time I opened the bag and poured some into her bowl and I noticed a roach. I threw that out and poured some more and noticed 2 more roaches. I finally looked into the bag and the bag was full of dead large roaches. It really disgusts me to know that I've been feeding my dog this brand. I counted over 16 roaches in total and it's disgusting. Thats was just from what I saw. Who knows how many more were in between or at the bottom of the bag. DO NOT BUY YOUR PETS PEDIGREE.

I have feed my dogs Pedigree dry chicken flavor dog food for 2 decades, recently we noticed one dog was losing her hair and 3 others were throwing up the food. We changed to the beef flavor Pedigree dry. Now all 6 dogs are throwing up & having diarrhea periodically for the past 2 weeks. As of 2 days ago all 6 are throwing up and having diarrhea. Today I will change their food to a NON pedigree product. I had this problem with IAMS 20 years ago and later found out they had melamine found in their food. Something has to happen and have the dog food regulated so our pets are safe to eat it.

I have two very spoiled dogs. A pit bull 3 years old and a Chihuahua 10 years old. We bought a 50 lbs bag for our pitbull because she needed a change. After we feed her Pedigree for a few days she became sick. Vomiting, diarrhea, whining with pains and just not acting like herself. But didn't contribute it to the food until I feed it to my Chihuahua. Now 2 days later my old baby is doing the same thing. I have had her since she was barely 2 days old. Bottle fed her and warmed her with my body heat and refuse to let this company put out product to hurt her or any other person's fur baby. We need to take a stand!

I have a 14 year old dog. Just had her in the Vet's office and everything is fine. She is just old and getting slow. Within the past 5 days - I have been giving her the Pedigree Choice Cuts in Gravy with Beef. She gobbled it up the first couple days. Now she has totally lost her appetite, shakes, breaths heavy, pants 24/7, snubs at all food and has diarrhea. I am taking her back to Vet today. But after reading the reviews of this product - I have no doubt that this Pedigree is killing her. I will be back in touch Pedigree!!!

I feel Cheated (Pedigree Philippines) - As the economy in the Philippines kneels to the ground and a citizen of a 3rd world country suffers enough through job cuts and daily necessities' high prices. On April 25, 2017, I purchased a product (Pedigree Chicken Chunks in Gravy) from a grocery mall nearby my home for my beloved dog. I have discovered that the product (Pedigree Chicken Chunks in Gravy) has a problem when I open the packaging of the product and poured it to my dog's eating bowls, a number of chicken chunks inside the product are missing and mostly consisted of gravy. I probably sure that the weight of the product, before it distributed to the consumers, are not followed, which is 160g. When I send a message to the Pedigree Philippines Facebook to where can I send a formal complaint so I can send also proof of photos, I just seen zoned.

I recently switched to Pedigree dry dog food (just purchased 2nd bag), only because the dog food we usually get is hardly ever in stock. About a week after we switched, one of our dogs started having diarrhea then started vomiting. It's been off and on (way more on) since we started feeding them Pedigree. The last few days it's gotten worse. And then it hit me... maybe it's the dog food? I googled Pedigree reviews and came across this website. I'm relieved to know that's it's the dog food and not something else. I won't be feeding this garbage to my dogs ever again! I'm really surprised no one has filed a lawsuit yet!

I understand that switching dog foods causes stomach upset, but this was not the case. My dogs had been consistently eating Pedigree small dog food in different flavors for the past year or so. I got this new bag with a different flavor, and they both began showing symptoms of soft stool and eventually diarrhea. It wasn't until one of my dogs began vomiting after a few days of eating it that I decided I would throw out the food. After their first meal of Blue Buffalo neither dog showed any symptoms again.

My brother just lost his dog Hoss because of this dog food. Hoss started to vomit, became wobbly, wouldn't eat or drink, and started to have seizures. We knew when he started having seizures we lost him. Worst thing a dog owner to go through is watch their dog suffer and know that can't do anything to save them. After looking over the dog food we found wires or hair poking out of each piece. There are over 5,000 cases of dogs getting sick and dying because of this dog food and nothing is being done about it! After further research we found out that there are cases where the dog food contains semolina. Not only is that harmful to humans, but it affects dogs worse. This company needs to remove their dog food from stores and shut down for good. They claim to help make dogs healthy and live long lives, but in reality all they do is make them sick.

I created a group and a page on Facebook for pet owners to share their stories. "Experiences with Pedigree Dog Food". Hopefully with enough people we can actually do something to warn other dog lovers. A dog is more than just a dog. A dog is a best friend, a companion, or in my case a family member and I'm not going to let what happened to Hoss happen to any other dog.

I have feed my dogs Pedigree for 7 years. I started having a hard time buying Pedigree little champs wet dog food so I finally found it for sale at Walmart but couldn't buy it in the boxes. Had to buy individual packages and started feeding it to my dogs and they got very ill. I went on Pedigree website and there was no recalls!!! Do not feed this food to your dogs. Something is wrong with it and Pedigree is not responding.

I've fed Pedigree to my dogs for years and no problems. Dogs had been on Purina dry food senior and they wouldn't eat it. Lived mainly on treats and some people food, so my wife went to Walmart and got some Pedigree canned food and fed it to them. They ate it right up and after 4 days wouldn't eat treats, drinking a lot of water but would not eat hardly anything, got the runs and throwing up and got real sick. Took to vet and gave some medicine. Did no good.

We live in rural area and it was not until today that we could go to a city vet. After blood test told kidney failure and no hope to bring them back especially with the advanced age of 13 years. So we put them both down today and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Pedigree should be severely punished for the no action on all the people who have had killer vet bills and their babies have died. I am willing to be part of a class action suit against them. We are 76 years old and are going to miss them forever and see them again in Paradise. Their names were Nicky and Sam.

I have been giving my dog Pedigree food for years. Now all of a sudden my dog has been seriously ill for the past month; vomiting, lethargic, lack of appetite, shaking, just unusual behavior. She will eat anything else but the food. Tonight she physically pushed the dog dish away... that's when I knew something was wrong and she was letting us know. I'm done with Pedigree. I'm letting my veterinarian and Walmart know tomorrow the dangers of this product. Best advice I can give - discontinue use until further notice.

My dog became very sick after I switched him to Pedigree dry dog food. I've read as many of the accounts of other's pets sick and dying as I can through my tears. My heart goes out to all of you. My beloved Beau is suffering now too from this despicable company. I found this online. I hope you all join me in reporting this company to our FDA. There is nothing currently on their radar about this horrendous murdering of our pet family members. I hope the word gets out about our beloved pets suffering at their hands. I don't have a facebook account but my sister posted my story on hers and a link to this site and all of your accounts. Please join me in alerting the FDA of this company's practices and together we will stop this company from murdering other animals.

Made my dog deathly ill. We use Pedigree puppy dog food for my dogs and do great and I had a bag of pedigree for small dogs because we ran out of the other and I've lost one pup that got deathly sick diarrhea and vomiting and I've got one I'm praying will make it. It's not parvo either. One happen several months back and one now.

Immediately after feeding my dog Pedigree dry dog food she became extremely sick. Uncontrolled vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic and finally death. Something has to be done. Someone should be held accountable for this! We are completely heartbroken.

Bad reactions. I have been giving my dogs Pedigree for years but in the last couple of months my dogs have vomited and losing hair in patches. 2 weeks off pedigree and they are getting better. Something in this product has changed. Please do not give to your dogs.

Found a large, hard piece of plastic in my dog's food today. I emailed and IM'd Pedigree but have not heard back. I am going to throw the rest of the cans of food away and buy a better quality product.

We just switched our dog's dog foods because she was on a medicine. We didn't know about Pedigree's FALSE dog foods so we gave it to her, but when I came downstairs I smelt poop thinking that it was my brother. But I came to see that my dog Cali was leaning against the cage because there was diarrhea all over her dog bed. My grandmother had the same problem after using this dog food with all 3 of her dogs and all 3 had diarrhea. I would recommend IAMS dog food because that has been very successful with our dog. Also please help me spread out the word, dogs are my fav animal and I would take a bullet to save a dog's life so please spread the word because I don't want any more dogs getting sick or dying.

One of our dogs got sick on Saturday, then the other on Monday. The only thing possibly caused this was their food. Just had bought a new bag of dry Pedigree Adult Chicken and Rice. Both had same symptoms: lack of appetite, diarrhea, and stinky gas. Treated both with ** advised by vet for upset stomach, helped some, still no appetite for current food. Tossed the Pedigree, purchased different brand and they are finally starting to eat some and they seem to be some better. We've been using this food for years and never had this to happen, will not purchase again!

I complained to the grocery store about the effects Pedigree has had on my dog. Bleeding and mucus from the rectum. I hope people get the word out there. I'm going to go on their FB and every site I can find, because if you are here reading these reviews you love your pets as much as I do. Please join me in getting the word out!!!

I bought the large Pedigree can food all the time to feed my 4 small dogs. Today I found sharp plastic blue pointed in the can. Lucky I always smash and heat up and use the spoon to feed each of them. That how I found.

My son recently move back home and brought his fig along. I notice Brody my son's dog was not eating and seem sick. My son was feeding him Pedigree so I tried my dog's food and slowly started eating again. My dog is not a picky eater so I started feeding him the Pedigree. He extremely sick, vomiting, disoriented and has injured his leg from his confusion. I am extremely upset and will be seeking legal advice. I request that full investigation on this product should be done. They are not only Dogs but family members which we love dearly.

Our little one has been on this food from the beginning. Not sure if we got a bad bag, but she had hemorrhagic enteritis, ended up in vet overnight. Got her straightened back out with chicken and rice and meds. Finally got her back on this food. We are now back to pure liquid diarrhea. Vet gave wormer, probiotic, and **. FINALLY got her hardening back up. Started introducing a bit of food mixed with rice and now going back to soft poop with diarrhea. This is the only factor that can be causing this. Will be going back to chicken and rice and tossing her bag of food and switching brands. RECALL IS NEEDED.

Warning, avoid. Making dogs very sick. I always thought Pedigree was a quality digital food, and haven't had problems until recently. After starting this last bag of Pedigree puppy food my 11 month old Carolina Doh has had severe diarrhea everyday. Because it is the same food she has been eating I didn't suspect it was her food, but after eliminating everything else I could think of, I began to research and found out MANY others are having the same problem! Why hasn't this product been recalled??? I am taking it back to the store in the morning. I have been awake all night taking her outside to go to the bathroom, and finding out that this product is actually terrible. Check out the dog food advisor site for how bad it is! It can't really get any worse. I am going to Tractor Supply to get a real quality food, and just hope she survives this.

I recently started feeding my 5 year old Catahoula Pedigree "choice cuts" canned dog food. A couple weeks ago he got very sick. Ran a high fever, experienced diarrhea, and was so lethargic and sick that he couldn't get up to go potty. After examining the can of chicken and rice I thought it smelled bad so I threw it away and bought a different brand. I really was grasping at straws and had to assume it was his food that had sickened him. I immediately changed his canned food and he recovered within 24 hours. A few days ago I again bought the Pedigree canned dog food. He is currently sick and has been for two days. I couldn't figure it out until I happened across the other numerous complaints. A light bulb immediately went off. I'm so sorry for everyone's losses and sickness. My dog Tice and I thank you so much for documenting your trouble. Pedigree has a huge problem and should be held accountable.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Profile