3.61/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Pedigree Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1081 Pedigree Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My 3 standard poodles really love the canned varieties of Pedigree. They bark loudly when I open a can of it! I also feed them the dry versions, which they like less. So I mix the canned with the dry food. Problem is, I do not know what the ingredients are in the canned foods...only what the labels say on the front. I have been trying to find out about the ingredients, because I have learned lately that some dog foods have horse and/or dog meat in them, which I wouldn't buy knowingly. But until I know more, I will stay with Pedigree.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My dogs love the different flavors of Pedigree available, as I switch them every other day. They especially like the beef stew with vegetables. Another favorite is the lamb stew. Chicken with rice is another they happily lap up. Sometimes catch them going to the other dog's dishes for the crumbs. Fortunately not too many crumbs left.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Use dry and wet and they have done well. One dog is 15 other is 12. I leave dry out and wet at night. They have been very healthy. There are a lot of flavors in the wet food and the dry has mini bites which is needed for my 15 yr old Japanese Chin who only has a couple of teeth and a very small mouth.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Both of my dogs ( A Collie & a Sheltie ) are picky eaters but they love the Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinners -- particularly either the Filet Mignon or Chicken varieties. The Collie also likes the Pedigree Filet Mignon Choice Cuts variety. But the Sheltie only likes the Chopped Ground Dinners. These are inexpensive & available in most stores & supermarkets. For treats, they both love Good 'N Fun Kabobs the best by far.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have a boxer/corgi mix. She never had any issues with food until after having a litter of puppies. Now the only food I can give her is Pedigree. Otherwise, her hair gets coarse and brittle and she starts losing it. I wish I could give her a better product but she is so active on it that I have no other choice. Sometimes not the best ingredients can be what the dog needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My 10yr old beagle has been on a Pedigree dry food for years. After an issue with his teeth, we switched him to Pedigree canned food for a softer diet. The dog has been extremely sick with bloody stools, uncontrollable diarrhea and very lethargic. We have spent a lot of money on vet bills, ultrasounds, blood work, fecal tests and nothing came back. The vet put him on a special diet, antibiotics and probiotics. The diarrhea cleared up instantly but the dog really didn’t like the food. Thinking it was cleared up due to the medication, we switched him back to Pedigree canned food since he seems to really enjoy eating it - wouldn’t you know all the bloody diarrhea returned. I am in complete shock. Switched him off and he is fine again after a few days. I started looking online and couldn’t believe all the similar reviews. Save your pup and your wallet and steer away from Pedigree canned food.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I'm experiencing the same with my dogs. My male GS who is 9 yrs and female 2yrs old. My vet put them on an antibiotic ** 500mg (treats inflammation of the large intestine for diarrhea, and they checked stools for parasites test were negative) and a 7 day rice and chicken diet. Per vet putting them back on their food Pedigree slowing after the 7 days. It started again. This time the male had diarrhea and blood in stool. The female stool was good for a few days and then started to have diarrhea again. Vet instructed me to change brands. I'm so happy I checked to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. I have been using Pedigree for 10 years and very disappointed; I thought it was my older German Shepherd because he getting up in age but when my younger GS started having diarrhea again. Not sure if they changed ingredients but sure I'm changing to another brand of dog food. Hoping it will be better!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I just bought 2 55 lbs bags from Costco and after a week my boxer lab mix 120 lbs dog is having grand mal seizures (uncontrolled muscle spasms, snapping his jaws open and closed, thrashing around), started out at 30 seconds and now it is up to 4 min. He had 3 12 hrs apart, went a week without eating, and then finally ate again and just had 3 grand mal seizures within 12 hrs.

Original review: July 22, 2019

My dog eating Pedigree canned dog food and dry types has been getting very sick! Loose bowels.. vomiting.. lethargic sick diarrhea. Its been an issue for the last 1 1/2 years. Pinned it down on the dog food. We keep the serving bowl clean etc. Something has changed in the dog foods! I feed my dog ground beef to bring her back to good health. Also the same issues with Purina Dry Dog Chow has made her sick. Why is this happening!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My 13 year old schnauzer/terrier mix Snoopy is doing extremely well for his age. He regularly eats, exercises and is overall a happy, older dog. I went on vacation for a week and my brother was in charge of Snoopy's care - he began to feed Snoopy cans of Pedigree Paté and other forms of the canned wet dog food instead of his regular food brand. By the time I came back from vacation, Snoopy was noticeably ill. His symptoms were vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea, loud intestinal noises that could be heard from across the room and heavy drooling... Snoopy was so sick he could barely stand up. I took Snoopy to the vet and spent thousands on injections for nausea, X-rays, etc, basically treating my dog for severe gastroenteritis. Pedigree food poisoned my dog and I'm sure it would have killed him if I had continued to feed it to him.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information