2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My 3 standard poodles really love the canned varieties of Pedigree. They bark loudly when I open a can of it! I also feed them the dry versions, which they like less. So I mix the canned with the dry food. Problem is, I do not know what the ingredients are in the canned foods...only what the labels say on the front. I have been trying to find out about the ingredients, because I have learned lately that some dog foods have horse and/or dog meat in them, which I wouldn't buy knowingly. But until I know more, I will stay with Pedigree.

Original review: April 13, 2019

It keeps my dogs healthy. They seem to like the flavor. It comes in several flavors. A variety of bag sizes are available as well. I am not aware of an adverse reviews of this product. My pets are very important to me.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My dogs love the different flavors of Pedigree available, as I switch them every other day. They especially like the beef stew with vegetables. Another favorite is the lamb stew. Chicken with rice is another they happily lap up. Sometimes catch them going to the other dog's dishes for the crumbs. Fortunately not too many crumbs left.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Use dry and wet and they have done well. One dog is 15 other is 12. I leave dry out and wet at night. They have been very healthy. There are a lot of flavors in the wet food and the dry has mini bites which is needed for my 15 yr old Japanese Chin who only has a couple of teeth and a very small mouth.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Both of my dogs ( A Collie & a Sheltie ) are picky eaters but they love the Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinners -- particularly either the Filet Mignon or Chicken varieties. The Collie also likes the Pedigree Filet Mignon Choice Cuts variety. But the Sheltie only likes the Chopped Ground Dinners. These are inexpensive & available in most stores & supermarkets. For treats, they both love Good 'N Fun Kabobs the best by far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We recently switched our great pyrenees to the beef in gravy wet food, within 2 weeks she was so sick from what the vet believes to be a bad batch that she has a gastrointestinal infection and is currently staying at the vet's for iv fluids, antibiotics and pain meds. She had to have exploratory surgery to find any other issues. She didn't have any issues until we went to this flavor, she started refusing food and vomiting and had diarrhea within 30 minutes of eating. She is septic and we almost lost her.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Added a couple spoons to their kibble, the next morning both had the nastiest Diarrhea, put them on a bland diet and they were fine. Glad it was one feeding or it could of been worse. About 6 months I found my male dead At 9. Not sure if it's related, but he did have loose and runny stools every other week or so. And bad gas he didnt have before.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

As a treat to spoil him a little, I gave my dog Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken Canned Dog Food on Saturday 12/28/19. Sunday morning I woke up to a very sick dog who had diarrhea all over my carpet. He was lethargic all day and had to run outside every hour having more diarrhea. He was sick all day and at 10:30 at night, I see a pool of bloody vomit on the floor. Alarmed, I took him to an Emergency Vet who gave him a shot for dehydration, an anti-nausea med, anti-diarrhea med, antibiotic, and to keep him on a bland Chicken and Rice diet. The bill came to $275. I am outraged that my dog got sick from your product and will be demanding that you refund me the vet bill. My dog has NEVER been sick one day in his life till he ate Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken. The food should be recalled!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My Schnauzer has eaten Pedigree Steak and Vegetable Dry food for small dogs for about 6 years with what I considered mild issues such as an occasional can of the meats bursting with rot. Little did I realize that her worsening skin issues were a result of the food. She has been suffering with blisters and her skin just falling off in patches. The itching drove both of us wild. Her groomer opened my eyes to the food being the cause. I Put her on grain free from that day forward and within a week the results of the change started showing. Her blisters began healing and her mood returned to calm and peaceful after the obvious discomfort and extreme itching she suffered. At this writing (6 weeks out) she is virtually free of the awful blisters and itching! Grain Free is all I will ever feed or purchase from here on. No more Pedigree products. Raven's Mom

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My new dog Charlie has been eating Pedigree dry since I got him. He was doing great for the first month, but now that I got a larger bag of it, he has been vomiting and had had diarrhea for over a week. After reading all these reviews, I think I'll take him off permanently.

Not sure about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right dog food for you.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information