2. Pets

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5
Based on 1,705 ratings

Pedigree Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have had both of my dogs at the vet for off and on the last 2 months with bloody diarrhea and vomiting blood. They have been given medication and stool medication antibiotics for parasites. They've had all kinds of tests run. $1,500 later my vet has suggested that I get them off Pedigree dry dog food and canned dog food which I was using because it's causing them to be sick and vomit blood and have diarrhea continuously. I believe something has changed and those products. I have called the company and received no response but if you love your pet I would suggest you get them off pedigree because my dogs almost died having it. Since I've switch them to another dog food and put them on chicken and rice they're doing quite well.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I mixed some Pedigree wet can food in with their puppy chow. Before they ate they were energetic running around playing. 6 hours later 2 puppies dead and one is fighting for its life. Why would you sell something that you know is deadly?? We will never buy pedigree again. Nothing with that name on it. I think we will go back to Diamond for all life stages. It’s more expensive but at least it won’t kill my dogs!!

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

We had been using the Pedigree wet food pouches for a few years now to feed our dog. We noticed recently that there seems to be this excess of fat like, jelly substance spread throughout the food that was not so prevalent as before. We scraped off and removed as best as could before feeding to our dog. About a week and 1/2 ago our dog suddenly started acting very ill. Lethargic, vomiting, and diarrhea that turned bloody. Initially mimicked the symptoms of parasites (which he had gotten before) so we didn't suspect food. Our dog was so sick we thought we were about to lose him. Vet put him on antibiotic and diet of chicken and rice and he steadily got better. (Cost us $600!!!) After a week's dose of the medicine he was back to his old self; energetic, happy and with an appetite. The entire week we fed him chicken and rice and he was good as new.

This morning we decided to put him back on regular food, his dry food (which is actually Pedigree as well, so who knows it could have been the dry food as well). He ate well in the morning and was playful most of the day but once again began to act lethargic. His appetite went away again as well, as he didn't eat dinner. Then later in the night he had diarrhea. That's when we knew it was the food; all the old symptoms he had before were coming back, and the only thing difference was his diet; the Pedigree food. It could have just been the wet food, or both the dry and wet food, but either way this product basically poisoned our dog.

We will put him back on chicken and rice for a few more days to settle his stomach, and then dump all our Pedigree and start them with a different food. I am honestly shocked that with all these reviews Pedigree has not been recalled or disbanded permanently. PLEASE avoid this food if you care about the health and longevity of your pets life!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

We have used Pedigree for 15 years. Now all 5 of our babies have bloody stool and 1 is very lethargic since eating the wet and dry food. In the wet food there is now this gel at the top and it didn't use to be there. Have they changed the recipe? All of our babies are now getting boiled chicken and rice to calm their little stomachs. Our 5 month old puppy seems to be recouping but the other 4......not so much. I have just bought a case of 24 cans. What a waste of money. I will ask our vet if it would just be safer to make their food myself. I'll never purchase this brand again.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I recently bought a box of pouches as a treat to top off my pups dry food. Started feeding it to her on Friday and over the weekend she was really gassy and by Monday I woke up to multiple accidents in this house which looked like straight blood. By Monday night the poor thing was lethargic and then was waking me up every thirty minutes to have bloody diarrhea and then started vomiting what looked like blood! I’ve started her on rice and boiled chicken and she is slowly getting better. I couldn’t throw that box of crap away quick enough!! Now I’ve come across these reviews and feel horrible about unknowingly feed her something that has made her so ill. Shame on you Pedigree!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have always used Pedigree canned dog food but this last time in the last 2 weeks my dogs have had diarrhea and some kind of jelly blood in it. Taking dogs to vet and hope they can help. I don't know what happened but whatever they are using now, during this pandemic is making our dogs ill and has killed others according to the reviews. I am calling pedigree and complain. Others should too.

Original review: July 19, 2020

My dogs have been on Pedigree food (canned wet food & dry) for 3 years now and lately (past 2 weeks) they are having nothing but diarrhea from the chicken & rice canned food and the chicken & vegetable dry food. What is going on now with this food? Did the company start making it different cause all my dogs do now is crap all day & night! I’m calling their vet on Monday and changing their food immediately and not buying Pedigree ever again.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Just bought this the other day (because there seems to be a shortage of our regular dog food) and fed a can to my 3 year old 100lb Great Pyrenees. Within 20 minutes he got so sick with uncontrollable diarrhea. I mean this poor dog couldn’t hold it in. He has never had an accident in the house before. This pure liquid diarrhea continued all day. He was lethargic and laid in one spot most of the day. We had to hose him off FIVE times that day because it was just everywhere and just kept coming. I made him rice and plain grilled chicken and eventually got him to eat. The symptoms disappeared after 24 hours. Now I have a case of it that I don’t even feel comfortable donating to the MSPCA. DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR DOG!!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Hercules had diarrhea after 5 days of eating the canned food. I put him on white rice with beef and the diarrhea went away. We started him on his regular food again which was the canned Pedigree. 3 days later and here we are with him having diarrhea again. We will no longer be buying anything from pedigree. I am very worried about our Hercules.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I started giving my Beagle x Lab this as a topping and within a day or two and she became sick with diarrhea and throwing up. She is diabetic so this is quite serious. Also noticed white foam in her urine that is very serious. Luckily I pulled her off it and the symptoms are starting to lessen. I will NOT be using this anymore!!! DO NOT BUY.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information