2.50/5
Based on 94 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?

Pedigree Pet Foods

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 8, 2018

992 Pedigree Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Pedigree dry dog food for adult dogs - My four dogs got ill with this food. My dogs were eating Dog Chow and they had eaten Pedigree in the past. I restarted them on Pedigree and noticed the food was a little redder than usual. My four dogs got very ill with diarrhea. I am very upset with the Pedigree company for such a terrible product.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have 2 Staffordshire bull terrier, both female, 1 is 12 the other is 4. I went to Tesco on Monday evening to buy some dog food, unfortunately they had run out of the usual food we normally buy so I went for the Pedigree dry dog food. I got home and fed my dogs as I usually would, not realising the HUGE MISTAKE I had just made. Both dogs ate the food well. I expected some different stool movements as I had changed the girls' food but what I've experienced is horrific!! Come Tuesday morning I noticed my eldest girl was falling over and looked like she had drunk 8 pints of beer!!

She developed a tremor and was very very thirsty and wouldn't eat anything at all, she had vomited as well. Anyway come Tuesday tea time she seemed to come round after about 20 BIG bowls of water. My youngest seemed fine throughout Tue daytime. However in the early hours of Wednesday morning I woke up to my youngest have a seizure! She was so disoriented couldn't walk straight, bumping into things, walking around in circles and vomiting. As the hours passed she had another 4 seizures, they wasn't very long but as you can imagine very upsetting for the family. She also drank litres and litres of water even though she was bringing it back up.

Luckily for my dog she is now just returning back to normal even though she's really tired but that's to be expected after a seizure. Both my dogs are fit and healthy and have regular check ups at the vets. It was like they had both been possessed by something! I have never experienced anything like this with my girls. I went onto the internet to do some research and what I found was awful. There have been other reports of dogs having seizures and tremors after eating Pedigree dog food, I looked at many many reviews and comments about the food.

I even thought to myself I'm I been paranoid. Have they eaten something else, but as my husband stated "the dogs only go out in the garden" and yes we do have a huge garden! So is it a coincidence that after eating the pedigree food they BOTH become ill? I think not! Avoid this brand at all costs, I thought I was going to lose my youngest. It was heartbreaking and the company should be ashamed of themselves as there is obviously something in this food! If you value your pet STAY AWAY FROM PEDIGREE!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

My puppy nearly died because she ate a can of Pedigree puppy dog food. In Dec 2017 I bought Pedigree Puppy Chicken & Beef and fed it to my German Shepard puppy. Right after she ate it she started vomiting and it smelled really bad and like a chemical. She got so sick and was vomiting, pooping out blood and lethargic. I took her to the vet and she was poisoned. Her kidneys were shutting down and whatever chemicals that were in the can of Pedigree were eating her stomach lining causing her to poop out blood. She was at the vet's for a week on an IV and nearly died. I contacted Pedigree. All they did was give a lot of excuses as to why it was not their fault. They claimed it was because the puppy was given wet food after being on a dry food diet. Any excuse not to accept responsibility. They even dismissed what the vet told them and made their own medical claims based on not ever seeing the dog or records.

Pedigree said she did not have kidney failure and she just had a little upset stomach. So being at the vet hospital for a week and at death's door, blood test and pooping blood is just an upset stomach according to Pedigree. It was just a big waste of my time contacting Pedigree the company. They did not care at all. All they cared about was making claims that they are not responsible. They have vet techs that you speak with that have a list of common conditions based on your dog's breed and try and use this as a way to avoid responsibility. Meanwhile I am out hundreds of dollars and Pedigree has no intentions of doing anything about it. I had been a long time consumer of Pedigree but after this experience I will never buy Pedigree again. They did not even express any concern for the puppy. Their focus was to deny responsibility.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I gave my dogs a total of two canned of Pedigree canned dog food. They are 1 yr old and 6 month old golden retrievers. They now have severe diarrhea for going on three days now. This unfortunately isn’t the first time pedigree products have done this to my dogs. Dentastix have done same thing just not to this degree. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I used the small dog formula (Small Crunchy Bites) for most of my dog's life. He seemed to enjoy the taste, the food seemed to be nutritious, and, I believe, was responsible for my dog's almost perfect teeth. He was 16 years old when he died recently and seldom had an upset stomach and never had a tooth problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My pet ate the food good but as I learned more about ingredients I had to change to one that had more of a natural and less wheat and corn products. Dogs did not seem to get full.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When I first got my dog, the previous owner had been feeding him Pedigree so I just continued with that. I one day decided to try something different and bought some Beneful for weight control because my dog is overweight but he didn't seem to care for it as much as Pedigree. I later tried Kibbles & Bits just to see what he would do, and he didn't seem to care for that much either. I guess he is just stuck in his ways!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Our dogs ate Pedigree but then never got filled up cause 1st ingredient is corn which is not good food. So we switch to food Pro Plan. Our dogs love it and I'll never change this brand.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Searching for a dog food that was healthy, nourishing, well liked by my dog and within my budget often presents a challenge to me. When I found Pedigree, it solved many of my problems. The Pedigree dog food was easy to locate in nearby stores. Then I read the ingredients, looked at the price and was thrilled that I found a good product. The next test came when I opened the food, placed it into the doggie dish and watched to see if my dog would eat the food, without being fussy. She gobbled up the food and looked up at me for more. I felt great. Thanks for offering a good reliable product that nourishes my dog and fits my budget.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My Italian greyhound likes it, and it does not bother her... We tried Blue Buffalo and Beyond, but she wouldn't eat them, plus we tried Eukanuba and that upset her stomach, so we went back to Pedigree and she is fine with it...

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

The Pedigree pet food has good ingredients. Very healthy for the dog. Also the dog does like it. Never have to sweeten the food up with other items like hot dogs or other meat items.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I had fed my 15 and 18 year old pups Pedigree ALL OF THEIR LIVES… I still feed my two new pups (4 months & 4 years) Pedigree both canned and kibble. Both my passed pups thrived on it and NEVER had any medical issues. We only went to the vet for annual checkups. With my 2 new pups they are also thrived on Pedigree. I am also a dog boarder/sitter and I see nothing but crazy diet that my clients provided instruct which they HATE. They gravitate to MY dogs food instead of their own. Despite the fact their moms and dads insistence that their dogs HATE processed food.

They chose Pedigree above "home-made concoctions" that they thought were better for their pups - it never failed... My guest pups had better digestive systems, were not leaving "messes" all overly 200 year old farmhouse. So in ending this - I have converted many of my clients to Pedigree… Rather that the very pricey and extreme eating habits to Pedigree. If you have had so many dogs and 2 of your own that live happy, healthy pups who lived to 15 and 18… I would never change a thing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Our dog is very particular about what he will eat; he has eaten Pedigree "Small Dog" food for as long as I can remember. We also make sure the products we give him are made in the USA.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I buy this dog food for the large dogs, cause it seems to be a good value. The large dogs seem to like it a lot and it helps keep their weight up to standard.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Not as good as the other dog food but I can't always afford it sometimes. They don't like the no name brands or the very cheap but they would appreciate anything. I have one that can't chew hard food. His teeth are very bad and broken. I really need help to feed my babies... THANK YOU.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Not a bad food, as most off the shelf foods they can be high in sugar products versus animal proteins. Watch the labels closely as this can be detrimental to pets in the long run.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Pedigree Pet Foods is fairly well rated. My son's little terrier seems to like it and I find that he is healthy and very energetic. His coat is shiny, thick, and easily groomed. His appetite is consistent and he seems to be getting the necessary nutrients from this dog food. All in all, I feel that I will continue with this product for now.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My pets love all three flavors of Pedigree in the small dog category and I have never experienced a problem with them not liking this brand. It is their favorite.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My dogs love this food. I prefer to get "Healthy Joints" but it is rarely available so I get the Senior food. I switched from Ol Roy to Pedigree and my fur babies are loving it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Don't buy this Pedigree. My pets started eating all type of foods. Then one day I bought Pedigree and feed to my puppies they ate very well, next day I feed normal home food they didn't eat. Still now any other home food. They eat only Pedigree one. My pet going to sick and it leading to death. I am very disappointed with this product.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

It is currently the brand of dog food carried by ALDI so we buy it there. But if they still had a store brand as they used to we would buy that brand.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My dog will eat almost any food and he especially likes the ones with salmon. Plus he likes salmon oil squirted on his regular food that does not include salmon as an ingredient. If I haven't put a few squirts yet on his food he smells and looks at me, waits, as if to say "Ok, where is it? He does seem to enjoy some of the "better" dogfoods like Rachel Rays. I want my dog to eat healthy but sometimes there is conflicting information about the ingredients and what is best. He seems to do just fine on a 50 lb bag of Pedigree for $25 as opposed to something that is less pounds and $40-$50.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My dog loves his food and I would recommend Pedigree to other dog parents. My dog is healthy and happy. He is at the right weight and is playful and very active. I tried other dog foods but he didn't like them as well.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My dogs eat this food. It is senior small breed. However they also get Fresh Pet twice a day due to some senior digestive issues. They were always on Pedigree but for a while we switched to Beneful. That's when our oldest got really sick and we almost lost her (rumors of it being poisoned). Naturally we went right back to Pedigree. She had lost so much weight that we had to add a wet food. It's been a long tough journey but looking back I can not help but wonder if we had just stayed with Pedigree that entire catastrophe could've been avoided.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My pets all love Pedigree dog food and the value is one of the best on the market. I currently use the Pedigree puppy for 8 little guys that are 6 weeks old and the Pedigree small bites for the other 3 adult dogs we have.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The Pedigree pet food has poor food, especially canned and packets. I have sat and picked out thin bones out of the bigger chunks of meat. My dog eats grass every day after we have given him a packet for a treat.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The price raised and now I can't afford it even though my dog likes it. I wish that the prices would stay low where the poor man can afford it. That way there wouldn't be a lot of stray dogs around to bite people.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My dogs love it. I can find it at almost any grocery store, Tractor Supply, or even a dollar store. They poop twice a day, and they get fed once a day.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have only somewhat recently started buying this particular brand of dog food after my dog seemed to grow tired of her usual brand (Purina) which is something that she does from time to time, and she has enjoyed every flavor that I have brought home so far. The food is priced affordability and oftentimes it is on sale at Petco or at the supermarket.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My dogs coats are soft and healthy and they are very active. Very pleased with this brand of dog food. Would recommend this brand. Reasonable price and readily available.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information

www.pedigree.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use