3.59/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Pedigree Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

My 3 standard poodles really love the canned varieties of Pedigree. They bark loudly when I open a can of it! I also feed them the dry versions, which they like less. So I mix the canned with the dry food. Problem is, I do not know what the ingredients are in the canned foods...only what the labels say on the front. I have been trying to find out about the ingredients, because I have learned lately that some dog foods have horse and/or dog meat in them, which I wouldn't buy knowingly. But until I know more, I will stay with Pedigree.

Original review: April 13, 2019

It keeps my dogs healthy. They seem to like the flavor. It comes in several flavors. A variety of bag sizes are available as well. I am not aware of an adverse reviews of this product. My pets are very important to me.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 12, 2019

My dogs love the different flavors of Pedigree available, as I switch them every other day. They especially like the beef stew with vegetables. Another favorite is the lamb stew. Chicken with rice is another they happily lap up. Sometimes catch them going to the other dog's dishes for the crumbs. Fortunately not too many crumbs left.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Use dry and wet and they have done well. One dog is 15 other is 12. I leave dry out and wet at night. They have been very healthy. There are a lot of flavors in the wet food and the dry has mini bites which is needed for my 15 yr old Japanese Chin who only has a couple of teeth and a very small mouth.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Both of my dogs ( A Collie & a Sheltie ) are picky eaters but they love the Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinners -- particularly either the Filet Mignon or Chicken varieties. The Collie also likes the Pedigree Filet Mignon Choice Cuts variety. But the Sheltie only likes the Chopped Ground Dinners. These are inexpensive & available in most stores & supermarkets. For treats, they both love Good 'N Fun Kabobs the best by far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My Schnauzer has eaten Pedigree Steak and Vegetable Dry food for small dogs for about 6 years with what I considered mild issues such as an occasional can of the meats bursting with rot. Little did I realize that her worsening skin issues were a result of the food. She has been suffering with blisters and her skin just falling off in patches. The itching drove both of us wild. Her groomer opened my eyes to the food being the cause. I Put her on grain free from that day forward and within a week the results of the change started showing. Her blisters began healing and her mood returned to calm and peaceful after the obvious discomfort and extreme itching she suffered. At this writing (6 weeks out) she is virtually free of the awful blisters and itching! Grain Free is all I will ever feed or purchase from here on. No more Pedigree products. Raven's Mom

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My new dog Charlie has been eating Pedigree dry since I got him. He was doing great for the first month, but now that I got a larger bag of it, he has been vomiting and had had diarrhea for over a week. After reading all these reviews, I think I'll take him off permanently.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My dog was raised on Pedigree dry for most of his life and he has never had issues with it. I saw the gravy pouches in store I decided, "Hey what the heck why not spoil him" (I occasionally mix some wet foods into his dry and he loves it and have never had issues before). After I gave him the gravy pouch (only a little bit mixed per usual) he began to get very sick. He began to have diarrhea which became very explosive and bloody. He is now on a rice and chicken diet. I have decided to stop using Pedigree products. I'd strongly advise against feeding dogs the Gravy pouches.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

We have used Pedigree products for a number of years with no problems - both dry and canned products. However, recently we purchased a case of twelve (12) cans of Pedigree at Walmart. Both of our pups, a Yorkshire Terrier and a Pomeranian, became very sick with watery diarrhea, resulting in hospitalization for both pups. It was necessary for IV fluids to be given for two days and two nights, in addition to other medications. Also, we began to smell a very unpleasant odor in the laundry room where our dog food was stored in a cabinet and found that one can had not only bulged, but the top had ruptured and the meat contents had rotted. We found another can with a bulging top. I brought my pups home from the hospital today. They are better, but still on medication.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We bought a case of 24 cans of Pedigree chopped canned dog food at Walmart, my dogs ate this food for about 5 days before my 15 year old started experiencing bloody diarrhea. She had the diarrhea for a good 24 hours before she started refusing food completely. I haven’t given her the food for 2 days now and the bloody diarrhea is much better. I started researching possible links to this food and I stumbled across other reviews here for the same exact issue. The Pedigree canned food I have left will be going in the trash and I will never buy this brand again.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information