2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2020

Hercules had diarrhea after 5 days of eating the canned food. I put him on white rice with beef and the diarrhea went away. We started him on his regular food again which was the canned Pedigree. 3 days later and here we are with him having diarrhea again. We will no longer be buying anything from pedigree. I am very worried about our Hercules.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I started giving my Beagle x Lab this as a topping and within a day or two and she became sick with diarrhea and throwing up. She is diabetic so this is quite serious. Also noticed white foam in her urine that is very serious. Luckily I pulled her off it and the symptoms are starting to lessen. I will NOT be using this anymore!!! DO NOT BUY.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I have used Pedigree dog for for 6 years and my dogs did fine eating it. I bought up several bags from Walmart to stock up because of the pandemic. Three big healthy Great Danes & a big Shepard ate the dog food. Riddick, Tino, Baby & Wolf. My dogs started acting sick and after a week refused to eat. They got weak throwing up & gagging. Then the diarrhea. They all died in 10 days! It has crushed my family and we know that it was the Pedigree dog food. The dog food poisoned my dogs. We loved our dogs and it has been a month since they ate the poisoned food and I still cannot believe what happened to them. I cry all the time because I fed it to them and feel betrayed by Pedigree. Never, Never buy Pedigree if you love your dogs. I hate you Pedigree!

Original review: April 12, 2020

I was unable to find the Alpo canned food that I usually fed my dog during the Pandemic, so I started buying Pedigree instead. I usually feed him one can along with 4 cups of Purina One Pure instinct kibble. He was a 70 lb 5 year old Siberian Husky. I had been feeding him the Pedigree canned food for 2-3 weeks. He seemed to like it. He began drinking more water than usual (2-3 times more) for the past few days, but seemed healthy otherwise. We walked a few miles everyday. Yesterday morning, I found him lying dead in my backyard. I don’t know what else could have poisoned him like this. After reading other recent reviews of this product, I believe this is what killed him.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I have used this product for 30 years. Since they have made one third of the can some type of jelly it is making my pets sick. They will not eat it at all. They opt for their dry food instead. Someone needs to investigate. I have two vet bills from continuous vomiting and diarrhea. They are passing blood in their stools. My 8 year old dog died. I hope this saves someone else from that type of heartbreak. I have not seen any type of recall on this but I do see others with the same complaint. Please advise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I have my dog a can of Pedigree canned dog food, that we had leftover from a previous pet, that we had to put down a few weeks prior. The next morning he had bloody diarrhea and vomiting throughout the next two days. I brought him to emergency vet. He had a GI infection from food Bourne illness that was likely caused by the canned dog food. You would think after all these recent complaints, pedigree would do a recall or investigation on their food. For the safety of your pet, stay away from pedigree.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We recently switched our great pyrenees to the beef in gravy wet food, within 2 weeks she was so sick from what the vet believes to be a bad batch that she has a gastrointestinal infection and is currently staying at the vet's for iv fluids, antibiotics and pain meds. She had to have exploratory surgery to find any other issues. She didn't have any issues until we went to this flavor, she started refusing food and vomiting and had diarrhea within 30 minutes of eating. She is septic and we almost lost her.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Added a couple spoons to their kibble, the next morning both had the nastiest Diarrhea, put them on a bland diet and they were fine. Glad it was one feeding or it could of been worse. About 6 months I found my male dead At 9. Not sure if it's related, but he did have loose and runny stools every other week or so. And bad gas he didnt have before.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

As a treat to spoil him a little, I gave my dog Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken Canned Dog Food on Saturday 12/28/19. Sunday morning I woke up to a very sick dog who had diarrhea all over my carpet. He was lethargic all day and had to run outside every hour having more diarrhea. He was sick all day and at 10:30 at night, I see a pool of bloody vomit on the floor. Alarmed, I took him to an Emergency Vet who gave him a shot for dehydration, an anti-nausea med, anti-diarrhea med, antibiotic, and to keep him on a bland Chicken and Rice diet. The bill came to $275. I am outraged that my dog got sick from your product and will be demanding that you refund me the vet bill. My dog has NEVER been sick one day in his life till he ate Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken. The food should be recalled!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My Schnauzer has eaten Pedigree Steak and Vegetable Dry food for small dogs for about 6 years with what I considered mild issues such as an occasional can of the meats bursting with rot. Little did I realize that her worsening skin issues were a result of the food. She has been suffering with blisters and her skin just falling off in patches. The itching drove both of us wild. Her groomer opened my eyes to the food being the cause. I Put her on grain free from that day forward and within a week the results of the change started showing. Her blisters began healing and her mood returned to calm and peaceful after the obvious discomfort and extreme itching she suffered. At this writing (6 weeks out) she is virtually free of the awful blisters and itching! Grain Free is all I will ever feed or purchase from here on. No more Pedigree products. Raven's Mom

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information