Pedigree Pet Foods

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

As a leading UK Dog Behaviourist, I have studied and researched many types of dog food. Certainly, in the UK the two foods that come to mind are Pedigree and Bakers as the most controversial. The ingredients are poor and the additives are an absolute disgrace. I wrote and article on both of these brands that went viral in the UK as still is very current today as we hear of these horrific reactions to a food that should be good for dogs not fatal. It is worth understanding what Pedigree and Bakers actually put in their food, so you can fully understand the concerns that I have as a professional behaviourist. **.

It started with my smallest dog liquid poop and some blood. Took him off from eating thinking he had just an upset tummy poop. started to become normal. I let him eat after 24 hours and guess what it's back. Now my other two dogs. I've used your brand dog food for over 10 years and never had a problem before. I would like some answer. After reading some reviews I quickly realized that maybe another person had the same number on our bag with similar issues. I will be buying another brand of food as of today and will try charcoal to wipe out anything negative in their systems. I'm so upset... I just hope I caught it in time.

I normally don't have any issues with Pedigree. My dog has been a fussy eater lately so I decided to buy a can of the Pedigree chopped chicken. I mixed a quarter cup into her dry food yesterday. I came home to a mess. She has had diarrhea since approximately 3pm on 11/26/2016. I've been up all night w/ her and every 20 minutes outside taking her out. It's Pedigree chopped ground dinner with chicken. UPC 023100010762, BB 092918 21 3, 639FKKCD 0405KC. Has anyone had similar issues with this product? Is there a recall on this product? If there are any issues I just want the public made aware. I've never seen my dog so lethargic, consistently having diarrhea and her color is pale.

This dog food has killed 4 of my fur babies and I didn't realize it was the food 'til tonight because it's killing my 5th dog now. All same symptoms as before - diarrhea, vomiting, weak, blank face, whining, no appetite, weight loss, and hair loss. Pedigree needs to go to doggy hell...I trusted y'all (2010 'til 2016).

Bag number 23100/10736. Ran out of our usual Iams dog food and my bf bought the Pedigree dry dog food. It made my rottie so sick. Vomiting and very bloody diarrhea and he was lethargic. Switching him over to boiled chicken and Rice and a vet appointment tomorrow. Our other 3 dog are doing better. 2 of them didn't really eat any and the 1 had loose stool but only once. But my rottie poor boy... never again will I buy this brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

I have been feeding my dogs both Pedigree dry dog food and canned dog food for over 10 years. After ingesting the dog food on Thursday they began getting sick. Runny diarrhea and lethargy. One of them almost died. I kept the product numbers if the company cares to respond. I also am noticing that a large number of complaints are being written for Sept and Oct 2016. Don't buy this dog food.

I always found my dog to have a sensitive stomach regarding canned dog food and dry food was out of the question as he could not digest anything too dry appropriately. My poodle lived to be sixteen years old with the most minor of health problems. Minny never have a tooth problem ever! No dentist required and had the cleanest teeth. Well, he lived to be sixteen for a reason I say it was the food. How many dogs live to be sixteen and the only time he needed a vet was when he refused to drop the chicken bones he picked up that people so kindly dropped on the ground without a care.

Finally, I moved to a house with much property. So, tonight I write to tell Pedigree thank you for helping my dog stay around for so long. Sadly, tonight we had to take him to rainbow bridge to see his friends and family once more. It is with a sad heart and many tears that I write this thank you note. I can't say enough about your food, I don't think I can blame his longevity on good stock.

I have raised golden retrievers for 25 years. I decided that I would change the dog's food to Pedigree. The dog food has caused major itching in my 15 year old dog. Causing itching and dryness to stools. Do not feed your animals this food no more. It's bad. Thank you very much.

I was feeding my 120 lb Alaskan Malamute her 2 cans of Pedigree I mix with her dry food, the beef in gravy variety. I had the cans on my counter and my cat jumped up while I was out of the room and licked most of the gravy out of the can. This cat was healthy as could be. By the next day, the cat was lethargic and not eating. 4 days later after 2 vets visits, he is gone... died in my arms from seizuring from this food I believe. He had started to turn yellow 2 days after eating it, so his liver was involved. I am worried about my dog because she is large. I imagine it would take longer to affect her. She is off that food now. But if you have a small dog, I would stop using this food immediately. I am convinced it killed our beloved cat. We are heartbroken.

Well, I had a gsd at home named Joey. He was quite healthy energetic until we started feeding him with Pedigree chicken and milk... I ordered this food online. After 7 days I noticed my pup didn't grew a muscle... and had started with bright yellow urine colour and loose motions repeatedly. We were told by the doc he is suffering from urine infection...and diarrhea gastro. Recommended us vet life gastrointestinal... By the time we started his medication he had lost weight, energy and WBCs... He turned anemic and on 29th September 2016 before he gave up he had been making some strange noises from his belly.

I buried him with my hands... I skip my heartbeats when I visualize the flashbacks how he suffered the pain... He lived only for 35 days with us. Joey lost his life due to abdominal infection had caused after he was fed on routine of Pedigree diet for 7 days. I still have that ** food left... I also have the trade/manufactured bill and address printed on the sack. Help me to sue this brand... It killed my pup. R.I.P. Joey. 29/09/2016.

Please DO NOT feed your babies Pedigree Puppy Food. My baby Chihuahua has been sick with runny stools and tummy pain for 3 days. This company should be taken down for hurting and killing our furry babies. I am praying my lil one and all other babies will survive this murderous company. Let's all boycott Pedigree Pet Food.

My dog has been eating Pedigree dry dog food for a couple years now. We bought a new bag about a week ago and after a few days she started having runny poop and then severe, liquid diarrhea that caused her to bleed. I took her to the emergency vet, and $200+ dollars later and a bland diet of food from the vet, she was back to normal. I slowly incorporated Pedigree back into her food, and when I gave her a full bowl of Pedigree again it's back to diarrhea! They must have done something to the formula or had a nasty batch, because I see other bad, recent reviews on this website! Stay away!!! Get some bland food from the vet and transfer your dog (slowly) to another brand once they are healed!

My mom purchased the food from Kmart on Sunday morning. She fed all three of our dogs which we have. A Pomeranian, Yorkie, and a German Shepherd. Corey was the youngest which he was the Pom. He die today at 3 o'clock. Corey was lethargic, stumbling, could not stand and very weak. This food killed our dog. Dutchess has diarrhea and Prince our Yorkie didn't eat it thank God. It's sad, within hours he was gone. I can believe this happened! We need to do something and take this food off the market, it's killing our animals. Help please. Someone help. We need to pull it off the market. I don't want to read another story. I'm sitting here in tears and pain. My heart is aching.

Been buying Pedigree Canned Dog for our Bloodhound and Blue Tick mix for a long period of time. No problems until now. Suddenly every can opened smells like decaying road kill after being in their food bowl less than an hour. It's becomes so foul smelling I throw it out in the woods and not even the wildlife will touch it. I have 40+ cans I won't feed them and no longer have a receipt.

After my 7 year old boxer & my 3 year old mixed pup have eaten Pedigree dry food their breath smelled like fish. Suddenly started with pain, vomiting, watery diarrhea. Took them off Pedigree it stopped.

I switched my dog to their wet food in May 2016. Since then, he has lost 10 lbs and had severe diarrhea. At first, I thought it was a basic stomach bug and the vet put him on antibiotics. They didn't work and he continued to lose weight and have panic attacks multiple times a day. His bloodwork, pee, and stool sample came back negative for anything. We then thought he had Addison's disease which cost me $265 to check. He was negative for that.

Then we thought it was a tape worm (they usually don't show on all the above mentioned tests), we did two rounds of dewormer and still nothing. That is when it occurred to me to switch his food to a better brand and grain free. What do you know - he put on 9 pounds in about a week and a half and his panic attacks have decreased to almost none. I urge everyone to throw this food out and never give it to their animals again.

My 9 year old AKC Golden retriever one night started having bloody green discharge along with whimpering and was obviously in pain, took her to the vets and found out she had a infected uterus, (pyometra) which they wanted to do emergency surgery right away on her but it cost between $800 to start and up to $3,500 if anything went wrong and needed iv's or hospitalizations, and I didn't have the money right away, we applied for carecredit so they started her on antibiotics over the weekend which seemed to help a tiny bit, remind you I had never had a issue with this dog nor did she ever seem or act sick.

Monday I took to her another vet to have a second opinion which came back the same thing but at a cheaper rate, we did the surgery and found out she also had blood clots, surgery went well till they stitched her up and she went into cardiac arrest and passed (try explaining that to your 7 year old). I always feed my dog pedigree dry food which I thought was good food, other vets I spoke to said it caused bad intestinal issues since the 1st ingredient was corn and that pedigree knows of the issues and don't do anything. I now know not to feed my animals or my family corn filled products because of the gmo filled corn, I know it killed my dog and I am sure I am not the 1st to discover this! R.I.P Susie Q.

After giving my beloved Westie Millie Dry Pedigree for the first time within weeks she died from bowel cancer. After finding out today that other dog owners have had such negative experiences with this company and the horrific distress this has caused me personally I intend to sue. I urge other people to follow suit. It's a disgrace. My precious Millie meant everything to me. Horrified! Picture below was prior to Millie eating Pedigree. The forever logo added following her untimely death. I hope this.

Well not thinking about what I posted a couple of year ago about my dog having seizures from Pedigree dog food which I stopped and never bought again for my dogs. He never had a seizure again after stopping the dog food. Yesterday not thinking I bought Dentastix by Pedigree. Wow I forgot my poor Pepe had a seizure from Dentastix from Pedigree. They went right to the trash. Poison. Please don't give no Pedigree products to your animals.

My dog ate this because my family and I thought it was a good food. The first 50 pounds was good but we got to the second 50 pounds and we were one third of the way through it and my dog ate it and threw up. The next that happens is he started having the diarrhea and then at about 3 am as I have trouble sleeping he had a seizure and he's never had a seizure. The next day he had bloody diarrhea and would not eat or drink.

I recently switched my boxer over to Pedigree because the store was out of her normal food. At first she didn't even want to eat it, but finally gave it a try. She was only on this food for 3 days and has been vomiting since the first day. My dog is VERY healthy and rarely ever vomits. I have switched her food back to her normal food and she is still vomiting and has a lack of appetite. After reading all of these reviews, this sounds normal for this brand which is super scary!! Don't buy this food!

Shopped at a different store, so I purchased Pedigree large dog food bag. When I opened it, it had a strong chemical smell. After one bowl, my dog would not eat it. They didn't have the kind I usually buy and my cat tore open the bag during the night, so I cannot take it back. $15.59 out the door, and I am a senior, so this was a hit to my budget.

I am asking that people please do not feed this to your animals! I have had to bury TWO of my dogs in the last 45 days. I had 4, and the two that I had to bury were both fed Pedigree, and both had the exact same symptoms. The first one stopped eating and drinking, started vomiting blood and had bloody diarrhea, so we took him to the vet, and were told that he had liver failure, so we had him put down on June 28th. Okay, he was 11 years old... No big deal... Thought it was just age. Well, then my second dog started showing the EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS! Unfortunately, we just finished burying him.

Mind you, I had 4 dogs total... Now down to 2... and the 2 that have passed were the only 2 that have been fed the Pedigree mixed with Alpo. The other 2 are fed the Beneful mixed with the exact same Alpo canned food that the other dogs were getting. The only difference is that they are fed a different dry kibble, and they are FINE! PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE AND DISCONTINUE FEEDING THIS FOOD!

Worst dog food. I thought it will be good for my gsd puppy. But now after seeing the result, I'll never prefer it to anyone. My gsd puppy was really healthy on drools food. But what came in my mind & started giving him pedigree? He is suffering from diarrhea since last 5 weeks. He is been on treatment but still no change. He is becoming skinny & losing a good amount of hair daily.

Was feeding my dog Pedigree Can and Dry Dog food when he died in March 31, 2016. I did not know for sure at first what was going on. He got sick so I gave him Pepto and he got better but he got deadly sick again a week or so later. I did not think at first the food is what was doing it to him. Well I should say his name his name was Maverick. Anyways I took him to the vet when he got sick again. This time he could not even walk, he was so sick. Anyways my vet ran tests and something was shutting down - his kidneys and everything.

Well he died the day I took him to the vet, they brought him back. I was so thankful. Well he was still a sick puppy, well they kept him. I went to see him the next day, got a little better but the 3rd day I got a call when I was fixing to go see him, telling me he was dead. I know to this day it was the dog food doing it. Everyone having the same side effects. Something needs to be done about this company. They know they are doing wrong and they have not done a recall on it. It is killing our children. Please someone do something. I would but I don't have the money for a lawyer...

I had four 6 week old puppies that were healthy until I fed them this so called food. 24 hours after they ate it they were throwing up and pooping blood. Thanks to this food I only have one puppy left and she is now at the vets praying she will make it. This crap is uncalled for. Stop selling food that keeps killing dogs. I am very hurt and very, very pissed off at this company. Please do not feed your babies Pedigree Wet Puppy Food.

I have an animal sanctuary and I counsel people on pet issues all across the country. I have taken close to 40 calls in the last 6 months from people with deathly sick animals. Some recover. Some do not. These people tell me of symptoms you read in all these posts. I quit using Pedigree ten yrs ago when I noticed a strong chemical smell coming from the food. These complaints include canned food and dry chow. Do not use this food. It is toxic. I honestly don't know how this company gets away with this. There should be a class action lawsuit. Animals grossly suffer.

I have a 5 year old hound dog who has been vomiting daily, I couldn't figure out why she's been doing it but now I trace it back to the Pedigree she has been eating every day. Seems like after the dog consumes the food within a few hours she is vomiting and it's nothing but the dry kibble. I bought a big 50 pound bag of Pedigree dry kibble from my local Sam's Club. I think Pedigree needs to recall this food because it's making many of our pets sick.

I have 4 small dogs, each at around 10 lbs. Within 12 hours of eating this kibble, the two smallest were vomiting and had diarrhea. Within 24 hours, all 4 were vomiting and the smallest dog had bloody diarrhea. I gave them all Pepto Bismol via a dropper, and then water only for a few hours. More Pepto, then offered them cooked chicken blended with rice. They each had maybe a couple of tablespoons full, then slept all day. The smallest dog is still very lethargic, but her breathing rate has returned to normal. (I think she came close to dying, as she could barely lift her head and open her eyes last night.)

They are between 4 and 12 years old and have eaten other Pedigree products occasionally over the years with no problems. It HAD to be this food that caused the illness because they are leash-walked lap-dogs who all got sick within hours of me opening this new bag of food and feeding it to them. (The only new event that they all have in common.) So sorry to read about the pets who died after eating this product.

I have been feeding Pedigree brand dog food to my Frenchton for some time. I recently purchased an 8-pack of little champions from grocery outlet in CA. I typically buy the 12-pack of variety flavor at Walmart along with a medium-sized bag of dry dog food and mix the two dry and wet. However lately my dog is shedding like crazy and has a weird rash on his forehead that is red and the hair is really just following out in that area. He vomited 3 times yesterday. He's lethargic and looks at me with a blank stare. This product is super concerning. I won't be feeding my pet this any longer. I hope this helps someone in time. Shortcuts in manufacturing cost everyone in the end.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Profile