2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Pedigree Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pedigree Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We recently switched our great pyrenees to the beef in gravy wet food, within 2 weeks she was so sick from what the vet believes to be a bad batch that she has a gastrointestinal infection and is currently staying at the vet's for iv fluids, antibiotics and pain meds. She had to have exploratory surgery to find any other issues. She didn't have any issues until we went to this flavor, she started refusing food and vomiting and had diarrhea within 30 minutes of eating. She is septic and we almost lost her.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Added a couple spoons to their kibble, the next morning both had the nastiest Diarrhea, put them on a bland diet and they were fine. Glad it was one feeding or it could of been worse. About 6 months I found my male dead At 9. Not sure if it's related, but he did have loose and runny stools every other week or so. And bad gas he didnt have before.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

As a treat to spoil him a little, I gave my dog Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken Canned Dog Food on Saturday 12/28/19. Sunday morning I woke up to a very sick dog who had diarrhea all over my carpet. He was lethargic all day and had to run outside every hour having more diarrhea. He was sick all day and at 10:30 at night, I see a pool of bloody vomit on the floor. Alarmed, I took him to an Emergency Vet who gave him a shot for dehydration, an anti-nausea med, anti-diarrhea med, antibiotic, and to keep him on a bland Chicken and Rice diet. The bill came to $275. I am outraged that my dog got sick from your product and will be demanding that you refund me the vet bill. My dog has NEVER been sick one day in his life till he ate Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner With Chicken. The food should be recalled!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My Schnauzer has eaten Pedigree Steak and Vegetable Dry food for small dogs for about 6 years with what I considered mild issues such as an occasional can of the meats bursting with rot. Little did I realize that her worsening skin issues were a result of the food. She has been suffering with blisters and her skin just falling off in patches. The itching drove both of us wild. Her groomer opened my eyes to the food being the cause. I Put her on grain free from that day forward and within a week the results of the change started showing. Her blisters began healing and her mood returned to calm and peaceful after the obvious discomfort and extreme itching she suffered. At this writing (6 weeks out) she is virtually free of the awful blisters and itching! Grain Free is all I will ever feed or purchase from here on. No more Pedigree products. Raven's Mom

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My new dog Charlie has been eating Pedigree dry since I got him. He was doing great for the first month, but now that I got a larger bag of it, he has been vomiting and had had diarrhea for over a week. After reading all these reviews, I think I'll take him off permanently.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My dog was raised on Pedigree dry for most of his life and he has never had issues with it. I saw the gravy pouches in store I decided, "Hey what the heck why not spoil him" (I occasionally mix some wet foods into his dry and he loves it and have never had issues before). After I gave him the gravy pouch (only a little bit mixed per usual) he began to get very sick. He began to have diarrhea which became very explosive and bloody. He is now on a rice and chicken diet. I have decided to stop using Pedigree products. I'd strongly advise against feeding dogs the Gravy pouches.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

We have used Pedigree products for a number of years with no problems - both dry and canned products. However, recently we purchased a case of twelve (12) cans of Pedigree at Walmart. Both of our pups, a Yorkshire Terrier and a Pomeranian, became very sick with watery diarrhea, resulting in hospitalization for both pups. It was necessary for IV fluids to be given for two days and two nights, in addition to other medications. Also, we began to smell a very unpleasant odor in the laundry room where our dog food was stored in a cabinet and found that one can had not only bulged, but the top had ruptured and the meat contents had rotted. We found another can with a bulging top. I brought my pups home from the hospital today. They are better, but still on medication.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We bought a case of 24 cans of Pedigree chopped canned dog food at Walmart, my dogs ate this food for about 5 days before my 15 year old started experiencing bloody diarrhea. She had the diarrhea for a good 24 hours before she started refusing food completely. I haven’t given her the food for 2 days now and the bloody diarrhea is much better. I started researching possible links to this food and I stumbled across other reviews here for the same exact issue. The Pedigree canned food I have left will be going in the trash and I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Updated 08/22/2019: I've written a review of what happened when I fed my dogs the Pedigree Chopped Ground canned food. I also wrote an email to the parent company - Mars Petcare USA. They replied to me asking me to call them. They said they have not issued any recall on the products and encourage people that have had the diarrhea issues with their dogs to call them. Here is the info. PLEASE CALL: 'Consumers can reach us by dialing 1-800-525-5273, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT. If given the opportunity, we would love for you to help us encourage consumers to contact us directly.'

Original review: My dogs have been eating the chopped ground chicken and rice canned food mixed with dry food forever and loved it. I decided to get the turkey and bacon kind and the beef, bacon and cheese. After a few days the bloody diarrhea started in one dog, then another and now a third. No more Pedigree canned for my dogs. The two new flavors had a large amount of the jelly like substance in them, which I found odd. I will also add that these were purchased at Walmart.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

My dogs have eaten this specific brand and type of dog food in the past but I think based on their experience and reading the reviews there’s a bad batch out there. They both have been having very loose stool, pooping in their kennel and in the house since they can’t hold it in. Review after review talking about diarrhea. I’m going to exchange it at the store today for a different brand.

Pedigree Pet Foods Company Information