Nutro Dog Food

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very good value and highly reputable. Nutro dog food has met or actually exceeded my expectations. I like that it is a grain free recipe, that it had better quality ingredients. I really liked that it had the extra protein available. I also liked the weight of the bags.

Nutro (original formula) is made with real meat high protein compared to some other brands that have so much less protein per serving. The size and texture of each nibble is very well, neither too big or too small. It smells nice too. My dog enjoys it very much and looks forward to it every time. Overall I'm happy with this dog food. And it goes on sale or promotion often and I sometimes have a coupon for it as well.

I like that Nutro Original Formula dog food makes my dogs coat shiny and very healthy looking. My dog looks forward to eating this food every day. It seems like it's very easily digestible as well. It's perfect in every way and dog owners should try it. You would be happy that you did and will love it. It is a very high quality food and it has exceeded my expectations.

I tried Nutro dog food on the recommendation of a friend. My friend said that she tried Nutro Dog food on the recommendation of her friend. A good recommendation from word of mouth is so important from one dog lover to another. The Nutro Dog Food, original formula, was quality. My dogs were very content with the product and enjoyed their meal. It is important for me that my dogs enjoy their food, not just a nutritious meal but also a tasty meal that they look forward to eating. If I were to offer any recommendation it would be for more coupons to encourage people who have not tried the product to try the product.

High Protein-Grain Free Nutro Dog Food was recommended to me by a vet to keep my dogs' coat shinier and healthier in the long run. My dogs love the taste of the food. As soon as I go for the dog food they know it's coming and get so excited! They make it grain free so it's healthier for my two dogs and they give them way more energy to run and play all day long. However, the price of the food is a little high but you pay for what you get! Also, my dogs' poop smells terrible but I think that all dogs! Not just mine. Other than that, it has met my expectations above and beyond! All around great food.

Original reason for I chose this brand was because the breeder had suggested that I feed my Rough Collie nothing but lamb and rice formula dry dog food, as Rough Collies are known for having sensitive stomachs. Also my Vet suggested the Nutro brand of lamb and rice formula to keep her coat healthy and shiny. He also mentioned it helps maintain a healthy weight. The features I like about the Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) I bought is that it has limited ingredients with natural occurring vitamins with no gluten or corn, and is made for promoting a healthier immune system of my adult dog. I also liked that this dry dog food is in smaller bite size pieces. While the value is good, and she seems to have shinier coat now, for some reason she does not want to eat any from the second bag of the same food that I bought. Just an FYI that there may be an issue at the manufacturer's end.

After my puppy got sick on all the dog food we tried. He was eating white rice and scrambled eggs. He has stomach issues and cannot eat dog food with fillers and food dyes. My veterinarian suggested I try Nutro Lamb and rice formula. Bless their hearts, they saved my dog!!! This is the only dry food my little guy can eat and still hold it down. It is very gentle on my dog's tummy. He stopped throwing up and put on a little weight. But, they could make them in smaller bags like 2 or 3 lbs bags. Sometimes the bag is no longer fresh because it has sat too long on the shelf.

My veterinarian recommended that I start feeding my dog Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food about a year ago. It seems to have made quite a difference in my dog's overall health, plus, she no longer has super smelly farts as she did with other, cheaper brands. I like that it is made of all natural products and is specifically made for older dogs. It has no gluten, wheat or protein and it has glucosamine, which is great for my dogs joints. The only thing that I really dislike about the Nutro Senior Dog Food is that it's so darn expensive. Sometimes, I forego buying myself the healthy food I need in order to be able to afford Nutro Senior Dog Food for my dog.

Initially purchased Original Formula because my dog's breeder used it. Once I took my dog to the vet for the first time and discussed her nutritional needs, the vet recommended Nutro. My dog loves it and I like giving it to her. Feel confident that the ingredients are safe and healthy for her. I like its quality, price, widely available, name brand, vet recommended, & helps keep her young & active. Have other dogs in the past and have always used this brand. Wish there were more variety in flavors, discount on price, possibly coupons or sales, would like sample packs so I can see if my dog will eat it before buying large bags.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original Formula - Our dog is getting up in age and this product was recommended by our veterinarian. Senior brand of dog food has very much met our expectations, and more importantly, our dog enjoys it. Senior brand made of chicken, oatmeal, rice... Our dog enjoys this brand compared to others. He eats it every day and we have never experienced any problem with it. Great product with nutritional values for our dog. No need to improve his product... Quality brand of dog good. This company is aware of what is necessary to make our dog happy, satisfied, and healthy.

I worked in a pet shop a few years ago for 7 years and learned a lot about over 40 pets and Nutro is one of the best dog foods you can buy. They have been in business for many years. There is no artificial ingredients in Nutro Dog food. The Ultra is made and is great for smaller dogs. The dogs love it, is very healthy and is one of the top dog foods around.

My dogs are super picky eaters. I went through numerous different brands. Nutro Wild Frontier dog food was great for the price and my dogs enjoyed it. I didn't know what to expect with this brand or the claims it made. But I'm glad I gave this brand a chance. Such a great decision I made for my dogs. I like the fact that my dogs enjoy meal time. It's a healthy and great option for my dogs who vary in size. I also like how the bag looks, the logo and design. It's easy to carry and looks neat. My dogs get excited when they see me come home with this dog food. It stands out from the rest of the brands. However, perhaps they should make bigger sizes with those who own multiple dogs. I would also like to receive coupons here and there. A rewards program is another great idea. Makes you feel like you're getting a good deal.

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) because of the quality of ingredients. I like that I can be sure my pup isn't eating the doggy equivalent of McDonalds. I read a lot of reviews when deciding which food to use and found that Nutro was moderately priced and had few complaints. I like that Nutro has a variety of flavors. If my pup gets bored with one flavor I can switch it up to keep him interested. I also like that they differentiate between large and small breeds. I purchase the largest bag of large breed food. I also appreciate the variety of stages. I have used Nutro since Midas was a puppy and am currently giving him the adult formula. I intend to use Nutro for his entire life barring any unforeseen issues. The main thing I dislike about Nutro is that I have to go to a specialty store to purchase it. I would love it if were available in my regular grocery store.

My older dog has developed some digestive issues, so we began experimenting with different flavors/brands of kibble to see what she could eat. My dogs like Wild Frontier and seem to digest it well. My younger dog is very picky, but she eats it up. It has met our expectations, but we might have to try different flavors once in awhile for the younger dog, who gets bored. Also, I'd like slightly bigger kibble. The older one wolfs it down pretty quickly, and smaller pieces are gulped too fast. I'd like it to have a little more meat in it.

My vet suggested Nutro Dog Food Original Formula and I listen to the vet when they tell me things. Nutro comes delivered from a website. It surpassed my expectations, because my dog ate it quick and has so much energy. I like it, and so do my dog though he farts a lot. But I wish I could get a larger bag. It could also be cheaper.

I like that Farm's Harvest did not contact chicken since my dog is allergic to chicken. It also offered a lot of different choices of flavors. You get a decent amount for the price that you pay for the food. It provides you with a list of the ingredients that it has in it. I didn't like how many by-products and additives and preservatives that's it had in it and it can also be very pricey especially when you are feeding a big dog like I am. Still, it has very much met my expectations with what it has to offer.

My dogs love Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food and they scarf it up like little pigs. I love the natural ingredients like real meat and lamb that are not full of chicken bone meal or pork bone meal and corn. Whole foods like chicken, peas, carrots, eggs and rice are very healthy stuff for my dogs. It is an excellent product.

My husband suggested we try this as there was an excellent sale going on at that time. It is good for my little dog, very palatable and easy to chew and digest. A review of ingredients included a well-balanced assortment of items which my little pooch seems to prefer. Outer package shows attractive listing of this dog food and seems quite appropriate for our needs. Overall, Nutro Wild Frontier met my initial expectations but I would like to suggest making the portion size to be a tiny bit smaller and try not to make each little item a little less hard/chewy. I think this would make it slightly more easy to enjoy especially for older dogs and/or dogs with sensitive or less than ideal teeth structure. Also, probably wouldn't buy it regularly as it's a little pricey, but it's an excellent alternative especially when on sale.

Scout's original owners used Nutro, so it's what I've been buying for her for the past 7 years. I buy the smallest kibble size original formula. I can buy Nutro at most pet stores and it seems reasonably priced. Scout has always had high energy and a shiny coat. However, I'm not sure if ingredients changed but since Nutro changed owners recently, I feel that my dog has had more gas as of late and the food is smellier than usual.

I saw the packaging and it looked like something that my dog would love so I had to try it for her. She immediately ate a lot and seemed very content. She seems to love it and eats every last drop and has more energy than ever so it must work. I'm happy to see that she is so happy these days. I'll continue feeding her Nutro Dog Food High Endurance. It's a solid brand and one of the most nutritious brands for my dog. I wouldn't change a thing about it except maybe making it more natural whenever possible which is an important aspect that many companies tend to forget about completely.

Nutro Dog Food is grain free so no fillers which means my pets are getting more nutrition for the value. The other ingredients provide more nutrition for my dogs than grain-based foods. However, the food is a bit on the expensive side. So either lowering the price per bag or producing bigger packages for the same cost would be helpful for those of us on budgets but still want to give our pets the best. Dogs seem to thrive on the food. I have used it for my large and small dogs. It is easy for them to digest and seems to give them enough energy for their day.

We initially were introduced to this brand by a family friend. When going to purchase it, someone else was doing the same and recommended it as well so we felt good about using it. Nutro has met our needs for our calvier. Our dog enjoys the taste over other brands that we have purchased and it doesn't cause issues with his digestion. He tends to eat it better than the food we tried initially. If the dog food came in a softer version, it would be more helpful. When our previous dog began to lose her teeth, it took a great deal of work to soften it enough for her to eat.

Nutro Original Formula Dog Food is a convenient, high-quality, reasonably priced, top choice dog food that my dog loves. He looks forward to mealtime when he knows Nutro is on the menu! It is filled with nutrients that keep him healthy and happy which is important when considering choice of dog food to feed my pet. He's like a member of the family. It has been proven by my own pet to be extraordinarily great. It's one of those products that you feel good about buying.

It seems more high-tech and innovative in terms of the type of dog it caters to when it comes to my pet's needs and how I feel about what a food should provide. They are all 100% meat products that are made in the USA and are good enough to feed someone I consider part of the family so it has to be excellent. However, they don't include high-quality meat and might include meat from the spine or other dangerous meat by-products that are sourced from China or overseas markets.

I like that Nutro Dog Food is grain free and gives all three of my dogs much energy. They also love the taste, I believe, more than other dog foods that I have tried for them in the past. Plus I enjoy the affordable price and it seems to last longer than other brands. It has exceeded expectations. I also like the natural ingredients and that it will help all my dogs stay active and healthy. I don't think there is much to say about changing anything about the dog food. I would eventually like to try a different flavor for the dogs and maybe make a brand that is for every stage of life as well to make it easier since I have three dogs.

For the most part Nutro Farm's Harvest has been a great product so far. It is way healthier to give to my dog than most other brands. It has all natural ingredients and makes my dog very healthy. Even her fur is soft and silky after she has had it for a while. My dog loves it and craves it too. She gets so excited when she hears me open the bag. The only thing that I dislike about this brand is that it can be on the expensive side. Sometimes when I buy different kinds of Nutro Dog Food, the food itself can be on the hard side.

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food Grain Free because it has better protein content, no grains, no colorings, no flavorings, and easy to read and no junk ingredients. Nothing is artificial and it is the right size kibble for my dogs size. It must taste good and smell good to dogs though it doesn't have a very pleasant odor to me. It also stores well in bags or in container I have for storage. It stays fresh and has met my expectations. I have given my dogs choices and they go to Nutro dog food first. However, there are not many flavor/varieties. I wish there was fish, like salmon.

My dog is very active and does not eat much food so I wanted something that would be very nutritious and has high quality ingredients to make up for her poor eating habits. She is very picky, but she likes the High Protein-Grain Free Nutro Dog Food and I like the healthy benefits since she does not eat much. My dog eats some of it and has not eaten some others I have tried. It keeps dog healthy and active. Luckily both my dogs small and do not eat much or I could not afford the benefits. Nutro offers great variety and benefits. But they could offer more coupons and incentives as the food is somewhat expensive.

We were switching our pitbull to Nutro Wild Frontier and as soon as we switched he started throwing up yellow bile in the middle of the night/early morning. He did this for several nights until we saw complaints/reviews on here of the same thing happening to other dogs. We switched him back to his old food immediately and the problem went away. I would not recommend this food to anyone, especially after reading other reviews and seeing the other nightmarish stories from other dogs who experienced negative things from eating Nutro.

I figured this brand (Nutro Lite & Weight Management) would be more productive in helping manage my dog's intake and weight gain. He was on a steroid for bad skin allergies at the time, and the medicine made him eat a lot more than he normally would. Thankfully this food helped him eat less, feel full, and not gain as much weight or at least not gain MORE weight in fat (more muscle). My dog (Shih-Tzu/Lhasa Apso mix) seemed to really enjoy it, and it definitely helped him keep full and stop going to his food bowl so often. More filling food = less consumed, less weight gained. He was happy, so I was happy! He even seemed more excited to eat this food compared to his normal brand. As long as my little guy is happy and healthy, that's all that matters to me! I would recommend it to anyone that wants to moderate their dog's intake and weight gain for the sake of their health. I actually HAVE recommended it to a few friends, and they seem to like it as well.

My vet recommended Nutro Grain Free first for my senior cat whom we thought was having food allergies. My cat liked it so I also purchased it for my dog and other cat, the wet food looks good enough to eat myself and I like all the varieties. I like that it has natural ingredients, limited ingredients and good for my dog. I am really concerned about fillers. Also, I would like to be able to buy it in more place like a grocery store or a warehouse store instead of just Petco or PetSmart or Pet Supermarket.

I like that my dog really likes and tolerates Nutro brand dog very well. She sometimes suffers from allergies that make her scratch and make her skin red. Nutro dry dog food has been beneficial to her skin condition and so far, I haven't needed to give her medication for the scratching. It was recommended to me by a trusted friend who has used it for years and she felt my dog's allergies may be because of something in the food I was feeding her. So I felt giving my dog Nutro would be fine. There is something within the Nutro brand for any size, age, or special needs, which is a good thing. If not for the recommendation, I probably would not have tried Nutro. It has absolutely met my expectations.

High Protein-Grain Free - I chose to purchase Nutro dog food for my dog because as I am researching about this dog food and I read a lot of good reviews about this product. The price for me doesn't matter as long as my dog will enjoy the food and I know he will be healthy eating the food. What I like about the Nutro dog food is that it has a lot of nutrients and the ingredients are healthy for my dog. As a pet lover and I love my dog so much, I always make sure that I gave my dog a good food that he will enjoy and he will be healthy with. So far, my dog loves the food and I am satisfied giving the food to my dog. Every time I am giving him the Nutro dog food, he enjoys eating it.

We started using Nutro Original Formula when there was an issue with another major brand of dog food. And I like that it is an all natural dog food. I also love that it provides all of my dogs daily nutritional values and I don't have to be concerned that my girls are getting exactly what they need which in turn makes them not only healthy but happy as well. All of the health benefits as well as nutritional values are beyond amazing. Our girls love Nutro! The look on our girls' faces show how extremely pleased and excited they are at meal time. Nutro dog food has not only met my expectations but has went WAY past them. I definitely would not change even one single thing about Nutro because you can't mess with perfection.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile