Nutro Dog Food
3.63/5
Based on 414 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

Read More Read More

Last updated: May 21, 2018

2951 Nutro Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

We have had our border collie on Nutro dog food since she was a puppy. Our dog is almost 9 years old and the last bag we bought she had diarrhea so bad that I had to throw out an expensive rug. We had her on the lamb and rice senior dog food. I stopped feeding her the Nutro immediately and cooked rice for her and gave her ** and started her gradually on new food and she is better. Apparently the formula has changed and it certainly is not for the better so be careful with this dog food. It's most unfortunate.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I fed Nutro Dog Food for years before the MARS corporation purchased it. I have since had problems on and off for years with my dog and never linked it to Nutro until recently. My dog was vomiting frothy mucus with blood after eating Nutro, was lethargic, and not himself. I put him on rice then rice and boiled chicken and all the symptoms went away until I started feeding the Nutro Dog Food again. After a few days of feeding the food he started vomiting frothy mucus with blood again. When I stop feeding Nutro and feed the rice the symptoms and all vomiting go away. I had no idea all these years the food I have trusted was making my dog sick. I have included an image of a sample of the bloody vomit that I have collected for the vet each time.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was so glad to find a food that my dog could eat! She’s allergic to a lot of foods and she needs to be on a lower protein food because she has Struvite Crystals. I was so glad to find a lamb grain free limited ingredient food with only 20% protein for her. She does really well on this food!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My dog was switched to Nutro for small dogs earlier this year around mid December. He became increasingly ill in January though I did not identify it as the dog food right away. He seemed to lose his balance, urinated bright yellow in the house and his feces were increasingly bright yellow. When he began vomiting I took him to the vet who said it was bladder stones which were removed but he totally collapsed and refused Nutro food and became jaundiced. 5 days in ICU on other food and he recovered but with damaged liver and incontinence. Chihuahua got some of his food one week a while back and also immediately had the bright yellow feces. I took her off the food and became suspicious that the food poisoned my dog.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Just picked up a bag of Nutro small breed dry dog food (chicken) two days ago for my 7-year-old mutt. This dog can eat just about anything. Reason for the switch in food was a "free coupon" for a 5-lb bag of Nutro. Normally switching her over to new food is done carefully, blending her regular food slowly with the new. I did that two days back, then yesterday, and this morning. Came home to a major mess of 6 big puke splotches. I saw carrots in her puke, which I recall she ate on the 8th of May (today is the 10th). It was on the 8th in the evening when I started her on the Nutro. Could it be her body rejected something in the Nutro and wouldn't let it go down into her intestines? I don't care if I got a free bag of dog food, it isn't worth the life or health of my dog. Now she's sitting on the couch all balled up, it's as if her stomach hurts (?). Vet time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: May 7, 2018

We've had our 2 Cockapoos on Nutro since they were puppies, and they like it, they're staying healthy. There's too much dog food hype right now but I see no reason to experiment.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I bought Nutro Senior Chicken Dog Food Small Bites for my 12 year old Yorkshire Terrier. After feeding it 3 weeks she starting vomiting clear snotty looking gross stuff one day and was very restless. She eventually picked at her food and wouldn't finish it which she never does. This went on for a three days and I had given her stuff for her stomach but she was still acting very weird. I was ready to take her to the vet when I remembered I had just started feeding her this new dog food. I got online and saw many negative reviews about the Nutro Senior Lamb Dog Food and stopped feeding it to her immediately. I went back to my old brand and after one meal her eyes started to clear up and her smile came back. She is normally a very healthy old gal who loves to take walks and play with her squeaky toys. After one day she seemed like she felt so much better. She was showing signs of liver failure from this dog food but seems to be back to normal now.

I watch carefully about dog food recalls because many pet owners have lost their beloved pets to careless dog manufacturers who standards are sketchy. By all the negative reviews I have just seen this company and factory should be inspected from top to bottom. It sounds like foreign objects are getting into the food along with rat poop and possibly rat poison which causes liver failure. I just hope feeding this to her for 3 weeks hasn't left physical damage to her liver and overall health. I am very upset I trusted this brand and company thinking I was feeding my little girl healthy dog food only to have it make her very ill. If you love your dog stop feeding this crap. I believe this is a company doesn't care considering these bad reviews go back for a few years and it looks like nothing is being done. I hope Consumer Affairs will look into this!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Nutro Ultra has great ingredients, no by-product meal, corn, wheat or soy. Non-GMO, whole grains and 3 different proteins. My dog is 11 years old and 14 pounds, she likes the toy breed size. Little, easier for her to chew.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Both of my lab mix dogs have been on Nutro for years. In April 2018 I noticed a change. They were itchy and were having upset stomach issues including diarrhea and vomiting. I could not figure out what was going on until I reviewed the Consumer Affairs website. I decided to contact Nutro directly and let them know what was going on, they immediately responded. Please contact them if you have any issues so they can resolve the bad batch or ingredient that may be causing all the issues for our pups.

See below as a part of Nutro's response email: "Like you, we believe in a better world for pets, and one-on-one conversations with dog owners help us do that. However, ConsumerAffairs.com is not affiliated with Mars Petcare. This means we have no way of contacting consumers who record their experiences on websites like this, but we certainly want to speak with them about their concerns. Consumers can reach us by dialing 1-800-525-5273, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT. If given the opportunity, we would love for you to help us encourage consumers to contact us directly."

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm not usually one to write a review, but my dog recently passed from liver failure and while I was doing a little research to see what could've caused it I came across all of these reviews for the Nutro lamb and rice senior dog food and it sounded all too familiar. My dog has always been on Nutro since he was about one. I thought he had a sensitive stomach, but now I'm not so sure if it was him or the food, so I would have to switch his food every so often but always stayed with the Nutro brand because it came highly recommended from his obedience trainer.

As soon as he turned 7 I switched him to the lamb and rice senior because the vet said he might benefit from the senior food since it's easier to digest. I never really had a problem until just recently and it started the same as most of the other reviews on here did. He stopped eating he had very unhealthy stools, he was vomiting. I brought him to the vet and we did blood work that came back with slightly elevated liver enzymes. One week later and he had to be put down. The vet was shocked at how quickly he declined. It very well might not of been the food but I wanted to get my story out there since this is just one more incident of a dog getting very sick and passing on this food! I reached out to Nutro and I haven't heard back from them yet, I just would like the food to be recalled for the safety of all of our dogs! If the new formula is the problem they should let the consumers know.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have Bought and fed Nutro to my dogs for almost 20 years. I had a Beagle mix by the name of Spencer that was switched to the Nutro for seniors back in 1999 - 2006. Spencer was 11 years old. I had him on Costco food and was told to get him off of it and feed Nutro. Within 1 week there was a dramatic difference. Spencer went from a lethargic old dog to a puppy. Lots of energy, his coat shined and no skin problems. I live in an area where my vet said she was surprised my senior dog had no skin issues. Spencer lived to be 17 years old. The vet was amazed at how long he lived and how healthy he was. I truly believe he lived longer because of Nutro food. So I decided I was not going to feed my dogs anything else.

In 2006 I rescued a Mini Dachshund. His ribs were sticking out and weighed 3 pounds at a year old. The woman told me he did not eat much. I had to hand feed Bosley for 2 weeks before he ate on his own. He was scared to eat out of bowl. I fed him the Nutro Chicken, Brown Rice and Oatmeal Recipe for small dogs. He went from weighing 3 pounds to 8. He is at perfect weight now. He did very well on the food at first. 2 years later Bosley was a Dad to a litter of all girls. I took one of the girls and named her Lily. Both dogs did well on the food until around a few years ago. I did not notice until my groomer started pointing things out.

My dogs' coats were not shiny anymore. Both dogs have developed cysts. Bosley has a huge one under his armpit and multiple others on legs and head. His poos are runny with mucus in it. Lily has one cyst on her head and back. Her skin is black in armpit area, she has itchy paws. She has not been able to keep the food down lately. Throwing up the food all the time. It has gotten worse since Nutro changed their recipe. No notice, just switched it. It is now Chicken, Brown rice and sweet potato (instead of oatmeal). They took some important ingredients out. They swear they have not changed much. But my old bag and new bag tells a different story. I decided to try Nutro Ultra. It’s most expensive and has some good stuff in it. Both dogs got sick. I mixed there old formula 75% to 25% Ultra. I tried the Lamb flavor. They both like the little lamb meals, so I tried the Lamb kibble. Mixed it with old food and both got sick.

Nutro is not a good Dog food anymore. I liked the Nutro company and found that they sold Nutro to a Candy company. Mars Incorporated. What the heck is a candy company making dog food. No wonder my dogs' health is not well anymore. My dogs are doing terrible on Nutro and it does not matter which kind. Nutro is not a cheap dog food. I am so upset over what has happened to Nutro. I was a loyal customer and it used to be a fantastic dog food.

I have been looking for a replacement dog food. Looking for the Best. After months of research I believe I have finally found a dog food. It’s Wellness core raw/rev grain free turkey/chicken formula. Both dogs love the taste and both kept the food down. Lily has not thrown up. Not sure if she picked around the Nutro and just ate the new food. I submitted a photo of the old Nutro small dog food and picture of the new bag. The pink bag is the old food that was good. The Chicken, Brown Rice and Oatmeal that no longer exists. I’m sure it was good until Mars Corp started changing it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We’ve been feeding our 11yo dog this food his entire life. Around March he’d become insanely gassy. Then we noted a decrease in appetite. Then it became severe. He barely ate and vomited what he did eat. He ate grass outside and vomited that. Alarmed I had fed him & made him a smoothie of ingredients for his stomach. When he kept the smoothie down I added his kibble to it. He puked everything. My cat got into the food and puked the whole kibbles. I’d thought he was dying of old age and this was the process. I’d checked for food recalls and saw nothing. After seeing a huge list on a Facebook post I decided to call Nutro. I gave them info off the bag. Turns out they’d swapped ingredients this year. From Chicken Fat to Chicken meat.

They suggested he may be allergic to chicken, but I’d just bought a chicken can from another brand and he didn’t vomit it. They offered to refund the bag. He’s currently borderline. Drinking but not eating even the canned food. He is older and suffering from it a great deal. This food should be on a recall list. As a family we were braced for the worst and still are. My poor fella is already old, me hand feeding him his kibble piece by piece and making him sick over and over again is awful. Please list a recall on the Large Breed Nutro Lamb and Rice recipe.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Nutro Peanut Butter Treats with Rosemary extract - Shortly after giving two pieces of these treats my Labrador had two big grand mal seizures. I believe it was the treats because it didn’t have a seizure after I stopped giving them to her. When I looked at the ingredients it says they use rosemary extract. Rosemary is a neurotoxin. ASPCA poison control for dogs says it is non-poisonous. I would argue that. Found a website that feels the same way. I don’t recommend these treats. **. I have contacted the company to discuss my concerns with this product. They took down my information and they are sending me a refund. I am throwing the treats away.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Our 5 year old strong and healthy pitty/lab mix has been on Nutro chicken for years and years. We decided to switch to the lamb upon the advice of our vet as our Bear seems to have some allergies and the common issue is often chicken. He had no issues with the food for about two weeks and then BAM, bad diarrhea for two days. Vet ran the usual tests, there were no other symptoms, bland food diet for a week. We were just getting ready to transition back to the Nutro when my husband randomly heard a group of pet owners talking, at a gas station of all places, about the issues their pets were experiencing with Nutro, specifically the lamb version. We did a bit more research and found this and that's all we needed to know, we threw it out - switched to another brand recommended by the pet nutrition center where we live. Fingers crossed. I do plan to contact Nutro.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My 12-year-old and 8-year-old Goldens had been on Nutro lamb and rice many years and it was well tolerated. Switched to senior formula and the 12-year-old began having soft stools Dec/Jan. Wasn't sure if she had gotten extra treats over the holiday season so didn't change the Nutro until she had some blood in her stool. Switched to another brand and the loose stools stopped the next day. Other people at the dog park told me their dogs (not on Nutro) had some loose stools over the winter so I thought I would try the Nutro again. I first added 1/4 of Nutro and 3/4 of the new food, she did ok. Upped it to 1/2 and 1/2 and she did ok. Gave it a try of all Nutro and she had severe diarrhea w/in 12 hours which continued for 5 days despite feeding her only homemade chicken and rice soup. Took her to the vet who checked extensive blood work, fecal tests. No problems.

Had to be the Nutro though the 8-year-old did not have any problems. Called customer service who reported no problems w/ their food. They did send me a voucher to buy another bag of Nutro brand food but I will not feed either of my dogs Nutro now. Was going to donate my 2 full bags of Nutro to the animal rescue but it's not right to endanger other dogs. Would really like to know what ingredient caused the problem so I could avoid that but will have to just avoid all Nutro. Sorry, had been a customer for many years.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We purchased Nutro Max Lamb & Rice a couple of months ago for our lab. He loved the first bag. At the first feeding of the second bag, he acted weird while eating it - he ate really slow and his mouth was foaming (he normally gobbles food up right away). That night, he threw up. He has occasionally thrown up, so we didn't think much of it, but he continued to eat slowly. Two days later, he had a really bad case of diarrhea (he's never had that before). Since the food was the only thing new, we discontinued feeding it to him. I gave him 100% pumpkin and cooked rice for a few days until he was back to normal.

Since we still weren't sure, we purchased another bag of Nutro Max Lamb & Rice, but this time we purchased the Grain Free, thinking that would be better for him. He gobbled that up right away and has been fine ever since. We purchased a new bag of the same yesterday. Immediately upon the first feeding, he acted like something was wrong and ate very slowly and foamed at the mouth. That was last night and he acted the same this morning. This time, we immediately returned the bag to where we purchased it and are going to try a different brand. I cannot trust this company any longer. Upon giving him a different brand, he gobbled it right up, so I know he is feeling fine and it was the Nutro.

Original review: April 6, 2018

After reading the recent reviews on Nutro Lamb I have decided that I should report my issue too. My precious little Schnauzer experienced the same kind of issues with diarrhea and vomiting after opening a new bag of Nutro Lamb Senior Dog Food Wholesome Ingredients. He got sick on Feb 25 and succumbed to this on March 10 at the local veterinary hospital. I was told he had pancreatitis but I am almost sure it was the dog food. Don't buy Nutro! The formula is bad!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchased these - Nutro Peanut Butter Dog Treats for my 9 lb Shih Tzu. Gave her 1. About 9 hours later she threw up this nasty yellow liquid with a hard undigested piece of something. Thought little about it. It happened again the next day. Then a third time. That is when I got worried. Looked at vomit best I could. The hard undigested piece appears to be the same size and shape as the dog treat. Stopped giving treats and problem went away. Taking treats back to pet store and letting them know. Also contacted company and waiting on a response. Please be cautious of this product.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have been feeding Nutro lamb and rice and chicken formula to my Weimaraner for years. He's a healthy, active 11 year old now and I recently switched to the senior formula. I noticed with the last bag that he would throw up immediately after eating Nutro. Could not keep it down after eating at all. Took him to the vet and everything checked out fine. Blood work fine. No pancreatitis. Everything good. Put him on boiled chicken and rice and everything was fine immediately. Tried Nutro again and immediately had same results. Immediately threw up. Switched to a different brand and everything is fine. There is something wrong with this batch or new formula of Nutro and it needs to be pulled from the shelves before more dogs are sickened or killed. I've read numerous reports of dogs having similar issues and some even dying. All recent reports from the last few months. Nutro was great, but, the current batch is bad and should be recalled.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My poor senior golden started having issues at the beginning of 2018. He had an ear infection, followed a few weeks later by a stubborn eye infection. Then he began to have terrible diarrhea, and copious amounts of stool. I was worried his age was catching up to him as he was lethargic and ill. Around February I noticed our puppies stool was runny and bloody. I took fecal samples of both to the Vet, where they analyzed them for parasites since they both had symptoms. Came back negative so I started searching for reasons.

I discovered on this site that Nutro had changed the Lamb and Rice formula. The old formula contained lamb meal, the new formula has replaced the lamb meal with chicken meal!!! My dog is sensitive to chicken, which is the reason for feeding this formula for the past several years in the first place. I immediately switched them both to a new food and within days both of them had normal hard stools. I contacted Nutro and they refunded the purchase price of both my adult formula and puppy formula, but I continue to be furious that they put my dogs through that. They should have brightly colored stickers on the bags indicating a new formula so that dog owners could be aware. An unusual protein such as lamb is usually chosen because of food sensitivity, to replace a major protein without notice is irresponsible and harmful. My trust in this company is broken.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Was very shocked when I stumbled upon other complaints for Nutro lamb & rice formula making many pets ill. We have a Great Pyrenees which has eaten the formula for many years. Upon beginning a new bag in March 2018, he became very ill, throwing up and diarrhea. Took him to the vet, round of antibiotics and meds to keep him from throwing up as well as a special can food to feed for 5 days before gradually reintroducing him back to his Nutro. Going well until we, began decreasing special can food and everything started over again. After reading others reviews here, I have called vet and PetSmart. Nutro should bear responsibility for not informing consumers. These are sick pet family members and owners have costly vet bills. Not once did it cross my mind while trying to look at an ingredient label online that I would stumble on to this website. So very glad I did!

Original review: March 31, 2018

My dog has been eating Nutro since July 2018 when he was 8 weeks old. Always perfect. He is now almost ten months old. Just bought a new bag two weeks ago. Woke me up crying to go out, multiple bouts of diarrhea, throwing up. Fed chicken and rice for two days (immediately after first meal of chicken and rice no more symptoms). Reintroduced Nutro (grain free lamb and sweet potato) at 5pm dinner. Noticed a bit of white foam around his mouth. By early morning he is crying to be let out---throwing up (yellow) and diarrhea again. Something is WRONG with this food! Or this batch or something. We deserve money back.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I got this Nutro small breed. After 3 days my dog was shaking and mooning. I am 99.99% sure this is caused by the dog food. I will have to make appointment with the vet first thing on Monday to confirm this... After reading the reviews all are the same experience I am having... So why is it still on the shelves for other dog to become ill? I will update on how my dog is doing after the vet visit.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This week, I added some Nutro “Petite Eats” to my dog’s food. I did this for two days. I noticed her stool got softer after the first day. After the second day she had diarrhea and vomiting yellow bile. I caught her chomping on a houseplant and that evening she was very lethargic and wouldn’t eat. I thought maybe it was because of the houseplant and took her to the vet the next morning. I had a diaper on her to get to the vet and when I took it off it was full of blood. There is some intestinal issue going on that has nothing to do with the plant and she still has blood in her stool, she will not eat and is very lethargic and dehydrated. Last night she was still having bloody stool.

My kids and I just lost my husband/their dad to cancer two months ago. We do not need to lose our precious dog!!! After reading all of these reviews I’m so upset that I ever fed her this food!!! This company should do something fast because it looks like you are getting ready to face a serious lawsuit! But that won’t help all of these families suffering from the pain of watching their pets suffer and even worse, die!!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

A few months after switching to Nutro Senior our dog starting to have diarrhea with bright red blood in it. We didn't make the link to the food and it went away after a day so we assumed he had a bacteria or virus that passed. A month later it started happening regularly - bright red blood explodes from his butt and he can barely control his bowls. All the tests have come back negative so far, so the vet thinks it's a food-related issue that has now destroyed his insides. Next step is exploratory surgery. Homemade food with antibiotics and probiotics for months has helped, but his stomach is still very sensitive. Would be an awfully large coincidence, seeing as he was on his previous food for years and nothing else significantly changed since then.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My dog has been on Nutro lamb and rice small bites for approximately a year. She recently started having watery, loose stools. Took her to the vet who tested her stool which came back negative. He then put her on medicine to help bind her. Helped a little but still not normal stools. She is now on a probiotic but is still having very soft stools. After reading the reviews on this particular brand it scares me to see how similar her symptoms are with other dogs. There obviously is something wrong with this food and should be removed from the market. I am throwing the rest of my food out and switching her to another brand of food. People beware.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I started my dogs on Nutro dog food. The first week questionable as I found some vomit and didn’t connect it to the food until a week later. Second week all four dogs were vomiting. I took the food out of their diet. Gave them pure chicken and brown rice (something I give on occasion). Has no vomiting on chicken and rice however 2 dogs still seemed to have a “sour” stomach. I reintroduced the Nutro and that same day/night all 4 dogs had lots of vomiting. I immediately took them off the food and back to chicken and rice and they are doing fine. I just returned all the Nutro food to my grocery store and filed a complaint with the manager.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Our 14 year old Golden Retriever has been eating Nutro Senior Lamb and Rice Formula and has done great. When they changed the formula and added chicken meal recently, we bought the chicken and sweet potato formula, thinking we didn't like the sound of the new Lamb and Rice Formula. After a couple of weeks on the new food, she started vomiting. Several times each time she ate, until she was vomiting bile and foam. We at first feared this was something serious that would be lead to the rainbow bridge. After 2 days of vomiting, and keeping nothing down, losing energy and acting generally pained to move about, I decided to check to see if there was a recall on the Nutro. I didn't find any recall, but found all of these other reports of similar illness. We tried to change her food, but she wasn't interested in eating much of anything we offered. (Special food for digestive support, goats milk etc.)

We took her to the vet and did blood work. She does have pancreatitis, and is on a prescription to help with her nausea, and allow her to heal. I cooked chicken and rice for her and she's been eating that. Because we did change her formula there is some thought that the change alone caused the problem, but it didn't happen right away, which makes me think it was something in the food that didn't agree with her and over time built up to cause the pancreatitis and digestive problems. The pet store where we had been buying it told us that Walmart would be carrying this food soon, and I fear that Nutro cheapened the formula to allow them to sell it to Walmart. It sure is a coincidence if all of these dogs are sick and it had nothing to do with the food!! Dogs that had eaten this food for years, until recent changes in formulas. Hmmm. I can't say for sure, but I know I'll never buy it again!

Original review: March 13, 2018

My dog's eat about half the food now that I switched them to Nutro because it is not loaded with fillers that make them hungry an hour later. I highly recommend this food to all my friends. Number one ingredient is chicken instead of corn or wheat and I like that there are lots of veggies in there too.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Nutro Lamb and Rice Small Bites Dog Food - My 12 yr old Border Collie Lab mix has been on this food for the last 10 years as it used to be great for his sensitive stomach. However, since fall/early winter 2017, he has had recurrent watery to very loose stools, needing to go out more in middle of night and many accidents in the house during the day while we were away. We tried the plain pumpkin for few days and probiotic treatments as before when had mild issues but this was not helping as when went back to regular food the diarrhea recurred. During this time my 8yr old Husky Lab mix was doing good but some softer stools noticed than before, she has always been able to eat things the other could not. I was ready to bring BC Lab back to vet when thought about first trying to change food.

Picked up the Nutro Lamb and Sweet Potato Limited Ingredient food a few days ago and his stool instantly has firmed to what I would call normal and good and no whining to go out overnight. Yes, Nutro says the Lamb and Rice formula has not changed late in 2017, near time noticed packaging design changes, and now after reading these other reviews I am concerned something changed and not for the good. While he is doing okay now on the Nutro Lamb and Sweet Potato limited ingredient formula makes me wonder how long til this formula gets unknowingly changed... May be looking at another company brand... My husky has finishing off the last couple cups of the Lamb and Rice formula, maybe, as yesterday her softer stools were even getting liquidy.

NUTRO Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Nutro has been providing natural ingredients to pet food since 1926. Nutro’s commitment to healthy and safe pet food keeps their formula tailored for each stage of a pet’s life. Nutro is also active in local and national pet communities through its dog park appreciation program, its partnership with RESCUE BANK pet food distribution program, its support of the Natural Disaster Search Dog Foundation and its sustainability efforts.

• Nutro Rotations: Nutro Rotations is a dog food product designed to add variety to your dog’s diet. Rotations’ recipes are interchangeable, meaning that you can switch between food bags without harming your dog’s stomach. This brand of food is designed for dogs up to seven years old and 65 pounds.

• Farm’s Harvest: Farm’s Harvest dog food combine kibble with farm-raised fruits and vegetables for a balanced, nutritious meal. Farm’s Harvest is available for small and large dogs of all ages.

• Nutro Ultra: Nutro Ultra is a specialty dog food that uses nutrient-packed food designed to build muscles, improve vision, keep coats shiny and maintain a healthy immune system. Ultra products are available for toy, small and large breeds of all ages.

• Wild Frontier: Wild Frontier is Nutro’s high-protein dog food. This food is grain-free and is designed for active dogs.

• Greenies: Nutro’s Greenies dog treats are designed to improve pet health. Greenies Dental Chews help dogs maintain healthy teeth and gums, and Greenies Pill Pockets are treats that make feeding your dog medicine easier.

• Best for: Dogs of all ages and sizes, especially dogs in need of healthy, nutritional food.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
    Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information