Nutro Dog Food

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very good value and highly reputable. Nutro dog food has met or actually exceeded my expectations. I like that it is a grain free recipe, that it had better quality ingredients. I really liked that it had the extra protein available. I also liked the weight of the bags.

Nutro (original formula) is made with real meat high protein compared to some other brands that have so much less protein per serving. The size and texture of each nibble is very well, neither too big or too small. It smells nice too. My dog enjoys it very much and looks forward to it every time. Overall I'm happy with this dog food. And it goes on sale or promotion often and I sometimes have a coupon for it as well.

I like that Nutro Original Formula dog food makes my dogs coat shiny and very healthy looking. My dog looks forward to eating this food every day. It seems like it's very easily digestible as well. It's perfect in every way and dog owners should try it. You would be happy that you did and will love it. It is a very high quality food and it has exceeded my expectations.

I tried Nutro dog food on the recommendation of a friend. My friend said that she tried Nutro Dog food on the recommendation of her friend. A good recommendation from word of mouth is so important from one dog lover to another. The Nutro Dog Food, original formula, was quality. My dogs were very content with the product and enjoyed their meal. It is important for me that my dogs enjoy their food, not just a nutritious meal but also a tasty meal that they look forward to eating. If I were to offer any recommendation it would be for more coupons to encourage people who have not tried the product to try the product.

Scout's original owners used Nutro, so it's what I've been buying for her for the past 7 years. I buy the smallest kibble size original formula. I can buy Nutro at most pet stores and it seems reasonably priced. Scout has always had high energy and a shiny coat. However, I'm not sure if ingredients changed but since Nutro changed owners recently, I feel that my dog has had more gas as of late and the food is smellier than usual.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

We initially were introduced to this brand by a family friend. When going to purchase it, someone else was doing the same and recommended it as well so we felt good about using it. Nutro has met our needs for our calvier. Our dog enjoys the taste over other brands that we have purchased and it doesn't cause issues with his digestion. He tends to eat it better than the food we tried initially. If the dog food came in a softer version, it would be more helpful. When our previous dog began to lose her teeth, it took a great deal of work to soften it enough for her to eat.

It seems more high-tech and innovative in terms of the type of dog it caters to when it comes to my pet's needs and how I feel about what a food should provide. They are all 100% meat products that are made in the USA and are good enough to feed someone I consider part of the family so it has to be excellent. However, they don't include high-quality meat and might include meat from the spine or other dangerous meat by-products that are sourced from China or overseas markets.

I like that my dog really likes and tolerates Nutro brand dog very well. She sometimes suffers from allergies that make her scratch and make her skin red. Nutro dry dog food has been beneficial to her skin condition and so far, I haven't needed to give her medication for the scratching. It was recommended to me by a trusted friend who has used it for years and she felt my dog's allergies may be because of something in the food I was feeding her. So I felt giving my dog Nutro would be fine. There is something within the Nutro brand for any size, age, or special needs, which is a good thing. If not for the recommendation, I probably would not have tried Nutro. It has absolutely met my expectations.

High Protein-Grain Free - I chose to purchase Nutro dog food for my dog because as I am researching about this dog food and I read a lot of good reviews about this product. The price for me doesn't matter as long as my dog will enjoy the food and I know he will be healthy eating the food. What I like about the Nutro dog food is that it has a lot of nutrients and the ingredients are healthy for my dog. As a pet lover and I love my dog so much, I always make sure that I gave my dog a good food that he will enjoy and he will be healthy with. So far, my dog loves the food and I am satisfied giving the food to my dog. Every time I am giving him the Nutro dog food, he enjoys eating it.

I initially chose Nutro because it look very nutritious and I like the ingredients on the label. It looked like something my dog would eat. The Nutro original formula has a nice rich color and smells like real meat. I like the rich meatiness of the dog food. It appeals to my dog's smell and taste. I also like the bag and I like the size of the package. The only thing I dislike is that once the bag is opened it can sometimes tip over or spill. It would be nice to have a resealable bag. Also, I would like to see dog food in a different size and type containers.

I need a grain free allergy free dog food. In addition, I am looking for a healthy dog food, one that meets my dogs needs without adding problems resulting from allergies. I would eliminate poultry from the dog food as well, just to eliminate another potential allergy. Though just grain free is good as well. The High Protein-Grain Free Nutro Dog Food is really important to me as my dog has allergies. Also, I appreciated the chance to buy a grain free dog food and that the dog food is very healthy. My dog does like this dog food.

Original formula: The reason I choose is because my vet mentioned it and all the great benefits for my dog. And I firmly believe in what my vet says because he loves my dog and I know he would never steer me in the wrong direction when it comes to Angel (dog). So I went straight from vet appt to buy Nutro and It was the best thing I ever did! The Different combinations of the foods and meats, such as chicken, rice, or other combos sounds very tasty plus the items used such as fresh chicken, and a big one for me is the decaf green tea which always keeps my dog with good smelling breath. It also contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners, or preservatives. I feel I am feeding my dog the best and see nothing to change or complain about. I have had only great experiences with this food for my dog.

Free from grains and chicken and is high protein featuring lamb. Nutro is ending up being a greedy corporate but it seems to be better than larger name brand greedy corporations. Still, the price is high and I'm not sure why low-quality ingredients cost so much. I can buy salmon at the dollar store and make my own. I would prefer lower cost with no fillers. Nutro seems to use folks love of pets to gain profits.

I chose to buy Nutro original formula because my dog loves it and it is less mess for me to pick up his poop. He doesn't have bad stool because of this brand of dog food. I like that the texture doesn't upset my dog's stomach and I feel like it makes him healthier. I don't like how it's so expensive and it's only available in a few supermarkets. But I like that Petco and PetSmart sell this brand.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free has vitamins, nutrients and everything my dog wants and needs to make him very healthy. I want my dog to stay in the best shape ever because I need it to be that way. It might be a little higher but that it is very great for my dog. My dog loves it and I like everything about it.

I was attracted to the picture on the packaging and that is what captured my attention. I like the color of the food, the texture and also the different flavors. Nutro original formula has a good balance of taste and healthy stuff for dogs. I thought my dog would like the taste of the different flavors that they offer and he would like the texture of the food because it doesn’t look dry. He likes food that resembles human food. He looks for the smell of the mix and then he samples it based on the color of the nuggets. I like the brand and wouldn't change anything. It has really good variety of things that I think my dog will enjoy eating and will look forward to sampling the mix.

I feed my dogs Nutro Natural Choice because it has no corn, wheat, or soy and natural preservatives. I think it is a good food because I had a dog with thyroid problems and skin issues, and now since she's been on Nutro Natural Choice she has had her medicine decreased and her coat is shiny and thick again. I've heard some people say that you can feed Pedigree for the same quality. So many dogs are having problems and getting sick from it, but I haven't had the same experience. I think it's because as long as you feed your dog anything that doesn't have soy, wheat or corn, you should be okay. I like Nutro Natural Choice.

This is a unique food in that it is low calorie yet also highly digestible. My dog is fond of this brand. I notice that the hair of the dog got slightly better after few weeks. But sometimes the food makes the dog a little sick. He can vomit bile and his food, sometimes in the middle of the day. The dog experienced some gas which was unusual. In general the high protein-grain free is acceptable and has some good results. The negative is maybe common of other dog food. I heard good things on the brands and some of my friends have used it for their dogs without any issues.

The food was initially chosen because it was a complete and nutritious food for my dog. It doesn't require supplementation, is easy to serve, doesn't go bad in the bowl when she doesn't finish it. I was willing to chance that my finicky dog would eat it, and she did. In that sense it did meet my expectations. However, my dog tires quickly of her food and requires me to switch brands often. I also didn't like the smell of the food and I didn't like that my dog grew tired of it and while she initially seemed to enjoy the taste, by the end of the bag she wasn't. I don't know if this is an issue with freshness and perhaps the bags require a sealing mechanism?

One of my dogs was itching all the time. With no sign of fleas and regular bathing from my long time trusted groomer, improper nutrition was thought to be the cause of skin irritation. A sales representative at a pet store recommended that I try Nutro. My dogs seem to digest it well and it seemed to help. It contains appropriate nutrition for my large breed, adult dogs, and the price isn't too high, considering the benefits. But it is slightly more expensive than other brands. While price isn't the main factor I look at when choosing a dog food for my pets, the cost of Nutro does not always fit into my budget. Sometimes I have to opt for a less expensive brand.

High Protein-Grain Free - It sounded like a great brand that I could trust and I have some friends who recommended it to me. So I decided to give it a shot! It's great and I would recommended it to my friends too. My dog liked the taste, and his skin and coat looked great! It is high in protein low in calories and great for dogs that are my size. They keep my dogs full of energy and healthy. It seems like a great food for dogs but maybe it could be in more flavors. Especially since dogs tend to have allergies to lots of different foods.

The reason why I chose this dog food brand would be that I was experimenting on all of the dog food brands to see what kind of food my dog enjoyed and this brand of dog food never failed me and my dog's expectation. The reason I like this dog food would be that my pet enjoys eating it. I have never seen a dog that did not like the food so that encourages me to buy it all the time. Additionally, the food is not particularly expensive so I do not mind making it. This really helps me in my decision for buying it. Also, there are many flavors of this brand of dog food so the original formula is not the only type I buy. Something that I would improve about the dog food would be that I would make it contain more fiber. This really helps out my dog and I do not have to give it dietary supplements for it. That way this dog food will be even more efficient and I will enjoy buying it more.

My dog enjoys the small kibble, and he also enjoys the taste. I would make the kibble even smaller and also add different shapes, maybe stars, hearts, etc. to make it appealing to the kids. My daughter is 7 and loves to feed her dog. I originally purchased Nutro Original Formula due to a coupon Petco had. The price is a little high so I doubt we will be buying more but if it came down I might. Overall it's a decent food.

I purchase Nutro high protein-grain free because of what is in it and what is not in it. It has met my initial expectations and more. I like that it is grain free, has the vitamins and minerals that my little girl needs which helps her stay healthy. Her health is very important to us. I feel she deserves to get the best food I can give her. I like that apparently it taste good because she loves it.

Original formula - It's great. It helps for dog growing easy and quick. It is very easy to make and very easy to give them. Dogs like to take different flavors and they like it very much. They need more food when we give other brand but this is good. They eat well and it is good enough for them one time. They know the food. It is very good brand and we can find it anywhere.

Nutro Original Formula was of good nutrition and has a flavor my dogs would enjoy. They would eat it dry or with wet food which a lot of dogs won't eat dry dog food if it's not tasty. I choose Nutro over other dog foods because it has quality ingredients and doesn't have a lot of fillers. It's good for dogs, which a lot of other dog food isn't good and not only has fillers but has poor meat quality. If I would change one thing about Nutro, it would be to increase the protein percentage. With the type of breed dog that I have a higher percentage of protein is required for their weight gain.

Nutro Dog Food is grain free and has a higher protein content than most of the other dog foods that are on the market today. I didn't expect much when I bought this product several years back. I was really surprised when I bought it. The dogs like it that is why I will continue to purchase it. The only thing that I dislike is the price of the product. Why get a small amount of product for a higher price? That is the only complain I have about this great product.

I chose Nutro Original Formula to buy for my dogs, because it was recommended by a friend who is really serious about his dogs health. I trust his opinion. Also reading ingredients it seems like a really decent quality and pretty solid food for a good price. I feel comfortable feeding it to my pets. That is important to me to be able to trust a brand. But Nutro could try doing a promo like sending in proof of purchase to Nutro for free dog food storage container or something? We used to get freebies from Eukanuba all the time.

We initially purchased Nutro High Protein-Grain Free as we wanted to get the best food for our dogs because they are special to us. It was also recommended to us by another dog owner and our vet. Our dogs loved it and never gave us a problem eating it. The product was high in protein to give the dog more energy and grain free which is another characteristic we were looking for. The only thing we disliked was the price, wish we could get coupons or they would have a sale occasionally. Other than that there really isn't anything we did not like about this food.

Once the vet said my dog is allergic to certain foods, I started looking for food without that item. Blue dog food didn't sit right with her, so I went with Nutro Grain Free. Its grain free, so my dog is not allergic to anything in it. They have food that varies by age/weight, which makes it easier to know which food is for my dog. Everything about this food is perfect. It fits my dog needs. It is somewhat expensive, but reasonable. If I had to change something it would be that.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile