Nutro Dog Food
1.70/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2983 Nutro Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Was visiting family and their doodle had periodic bouts of diarrhea which I did not believe was normal. They had been using pumpkin as a supplement to help their dog improve their stool. We switched her off of the Nutro Lamb and rice and successfully this pup improved. I did a search on Nutro and Diarrhea and was very happy to see that there is an explanation with all of the experiences that others are having. Though it takes time, it is critically important to package a bag and take to your vet for them to document to the FDA for further investigation.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

In August, we switched our dog very gradually to Nutro (mostly Chicken, Rice and Sweet Potato, but we tried a bag of Salmon as well). By mid-September, we had switched over completely and our dog started having loose stools. There was a bloody fluid coming from his rear, which we figured was from his anal gland. We took him to the vet to have his gland expressed and they were alarmed by the blood, which they said was not coming from the gland, and put him on an antibiotic. We also saw some mucus in his stool. Even after the antibiotic, his stools remained very soft for a number of days, so we switched back to his old food. Within 3 days on his old food, his stools were back to normal. I'm fairly confident there was something wrong with the Nutro we were feeding him.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In 2007 there was a huge recall due to melamine on grain coming from China. IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN!!! We normally have our dog food delivered, but we messed up on dates, so we picked up a bag of Nutro, as we've always used them in the past. After a few days, our pups (2 Lab mixes) were periodically throwing up bile. Always in the morning before eating, so we thought that because the % of protein/fat/etc were different, they needed more. The vomiting did not stop and they seemed a little lethargic (it has been raining, and they don't like rain, so it didn't seem out of the ordinary). After almost getting thrown up on my head because my bot couldn't get off the bed fast enough, I was looking into a possible formula change and saw all these reviews.

I dug more and found the FDA Import alert and the melamine issue caused all those deaths in 2007. Nutro needs to act NOW instead of the blanket response of "please contact us...we're so sorry to hear your pets are not feeling well". Bland diet of chicken, rice, and pumpkin, and my pooches are started to act like themselves again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

This food has made our dog extremely sick. Vomiting, diarrhea and extreme blood in her stool. Please do not feed your pets this until something is fixed. I thank everyone on here for sharing. This food within 2 weeks dropped our playful pet to the ground. Thankfully with help and diet change she lives another day. Nutro please fix or change your business.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We have used this product since summer 2017 with no issue. When we opened our newest bag, shipped by Chewy.com on 9/9/18, our dog wouldn’t touch it, no matter how hungry she was. I researched reviews online and found many people writing that their dogs had become critically ill in August and September, with no cause for the illness found. While there is not definitive proof that this food was the culprit, it seemed to be the only common factors among the dogs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

After reading all these horrible reviews, I now understand why my dog (Golden Retriever) has been so sick!! Has anyone gone after Nutro, and if so, what has been the response?? We just had her to the vet and received a very large bill! Nutro needs to be accountable for this!! I can’t believe how sick these poor dogs have become. It’s obviously since the bag change, I have used this food for years!! Get it off the shelves Nutro!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have been feeding nothing but Nutro for 11 years. In late July of this year we started having diarrhea issues with our 6 yr old chocolate lab. He is quite the indiscriminate eater and will pick up things in the yard and chow down on them so we did not think much of it. We took him to the vet, got some meds and off we went on the journey of a week of meds. Then our 11 yr old chocolate lab came down with diarrhea. We took her in and they said tummy bug so they gave her the same meds. All along, the vets are telling us this is either bug/parasite related or dietary. I insisted all along that it should not be dietary because they have been on the same food all of their lives and it did not make sense in my own head just what could have suddenly gone wrong with the food that now and only now were we having issues with diarrhea.

Here we are just over 2 months later and about $600 or more at the vet (mind you I do not care about the cost, it is the principle of the matter) and we have bounced back and forth between the two furbabies having watery diarrhea. We have gone through at least 6 scrips of ** for each of them and then we also added a broad spectrum dewormer/anti-parasitic to the mix. After we started that broad spectrum med, we had to give another dose two weeks later. Just a day or so before round 2 of that medication, the diarrhea came back full force for both of them (we had not at this point changed any food because I was insistent that it should not have been the food...silly, naive me).

Once we knew that our only other choice was to try a food switch we started the transition. I went to the store and got some Science Diet that is specifically formulated for each of their ages and we started the transition period so as not to upset their tummies even more. Knocking on wood and crossing my fingers and praying to the good Lord above, stools are currently better than ever and they seem to be doing well on the new food...

HERE IS THE KICKER THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE ME I AM SURE A TON OF RESEARCH THAT I WILL RELENTLESSLY DO UNTIL I FIND OUT THE ISSUE... Nutro recently did a "bag design change" and I have to wonder if they did any type of formulary change to the food itself. It does not make sense to me that anything else could have contributed to such a large issue since we are currently doing just fine on the new food. I have to wait a couple more weeks just to be sure but how do I know for sure if the formula has changed? I do not have labels from previous bags and by looking at this page, the company is not going to admit to anything. Please let me know if this reaches you and what you think I should do to dig for the truth.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just found these comments and I am horrified. Here's my story: My Yorkie is 9 years old and has had an exclusive diet of Nutro small and toy breed dry food her entire life. Never any issues until this year. March 2018 my dog became deathly ill. Vomiting, lethargic, diarrhea, lots of blood loss in stools. Vet was baffled... thought she might have just picked up a virus. It appeared to clear up after extensive medical care ($700). It never occurred to us that it was the Nutro food. Fast forward to September 2018 my dog became ill with the same symptoms again only this time she could barely stand on her own. Emergency visit to the Vet this past weekend ($650)... Vet still can't determine what is causing it.

I now believe that she was poisoned by this food. I will not be feeding her any products from Nutro ever again. Based on all the other complaints posted here where other fur babies have suffered from the same symptoms, Nutro should be reimbursing me for the vet bills. I could have lost my beloved pet. NUTRO better start researching what is in their food that is causing all these dogs to get so violently sick with the same symptoms.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Our dogs have been eating this for 3 years. Our female vomited and seemed lethargic. She was ok next day. I continued feeding dogs. I noticed all month they aren't finishing their food as they normally did. They eat a few bites and walk away. I think the formula changed.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Like many other reviews, about 4 weeks ago, my dog too got immediately sick after switching to this dog food. After one day, she had diarrhea and had a LOT of blood in her stool. I finally figured out it was the food in her stool, soaked with blood. After a vet bill of over $350, I ruled out any other infection or bacteria...it just was this bad food. Please do not give this food to your precious furry babies...they can die from it!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My little Shitzu Bichon mix recently got so sick we took him to the emergency after hours vet...he began throwing up and throwing up (about 20 times). He was so weak he could barely walk. I was racking my brain to think of what could’ve made him so sick. So I googled any treats he’d been given. No reports of illness. I googled Nutro which I had recently transitioned him to. Tons of sick dogs recently! Within days of fully transitioning to all Nutro, my dog became so sick! I will never give my dog Nutro again. The company should do the responsible thing and do some research as to why so many animals are getting sick!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My 75 lb. pitbull with an iron stomach began vomiting profusely almost immediately after starting her on this brand. I wonder what lab I could send this to to get it tested? I bought 2 bags and threw the unopened one out. Why return it so someone else can poison their dog??? It's poison!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We’ve been using Nutro wet food (sensitive stomach) for both our Yorkies for years. We recently changed them over to Nutro (Senior) as they are getting older and suppose to be easier on their stomach. We’ve noticed that both dogs started vomiting yellow bile after eating the food for three days now and both started having diarrhea with blood in it. We rushed them to Vet today and they got put on Antibiotics. The Vet couldn’t tell us what was causing them to get sick. I got home and immediately went online to research complaints on Nutro dog food and noticed all the negative reviews with similar issues surrounding this food. Done with this brand, we also contacted consumer reviews 1-866-773-0221 to file a complaint. With so many similar stories something is definitely wrong with this dog food.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

After hearing so much about grain free foods not being good for our dogs, I went to our local Petsmart and was recommended Nutro small bites. I slowly introduced the food over about a week long period. We were on vacation when we noticed both of our 4 pound Yorkies were having diarrhea and some vomiting but decided maybe it was just from the travel in our motorhome. One of them got so sick that we had to find a vet on our way home, he couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him... diarrhea, throwing up and like he was in pain if we tried picking him up.

When we got home we took them into our vet, $450 later they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with them. We started feeding them boiled chicken and rice and they both got better within a couple of days, we started them back on the Nutro and they both got sick again! We have completely taken them off the Nutro and they have both been fine! They need to recall this food!! I think it was slowly killing my poor little guys! We are cooking our own food from now on!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Been feeding our dogs Nutro Wholesome Essentials Healthy Weight Adult Pasture Fed Lamb & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food for years. My 11 year French Pug is deathly allergic to chicken so this WAS a safe food until now. Without notice Nutro changed this lamb and rice formula. Opened a new bag 3 weeks ago- first feeding my dog was vomiting and having diarrhea. I had purchased a new bag from Amazon like usual- only to learn our trusted stand by now has chicken meal listed as the 5th ingredient. Same label, no warning!

It’s going on 3 miserable weeks since that one meal from the antagonistic chicken protein in this kibble. We've since spent over $400 at the vet between meds, lab tests and treatment for our poor Fonzie. He's not out of the woods yet. For now Fonzie is eating canned rx Royal Canin Gastro. Thanks Nutro for screwing up a good thing and almost killing my dog. After feeding your food for 10+ years, you've lost a loyal customer. I will never trust Nutro again -ever!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Never buying a Nutro product again!!! We have two dogs, a Border Collie and a Chihuahua. They started with diarrhea and our Chihuahua had blood and mucus in his. I took him to the vet and they really couldn't tell me what was wrong. He was put on an antibiotic for a week with a special canned food for digestive problems, and charged me $130.00. We also noticed they were not eating the food any longer. I Googled Nutro Wholesome Essentials - adult and found all of the reviews, and knew we found the problem. That food was slowly killing our dogs!! Nutro, we are done with you!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have been buying Nutro dog food for my dogs for years, but I will never buy another bag. For the last three weeks I have been struggling to figure out what has been making my dogs ill, but now I know that it is the Nutro dog food. I know this because I have taken them off the food and put them on a bland diet of chicken, rice, and broth and they improve. As soon as I reintroduce the Nutro, the yellow mucus and ultimately blood in the stools returns as well as the vomiting.

Unfortunately, it took me three cycles of doing this to my animals before I figured it out. We took them on a weekend trip during the first bout of illness (right after I bought the new bag of food) so we blamed the trip and stress. We tried to reintroduce the Nutro when they improved after about a week and they got sick all over again. We incorrectly assumed their stomachs just weren't ready for kibble yet. Now after 3 weeks and both dogs being in good health for about a week, I slowly introduced the food back into their daily diet, and bam--both sick again. I am convinced The Nutro is the cause, and it's not the first time their food has made animals sick.

Called Nutro's consumer care number and after sitting on hold for 15 minutes I managed to talk to an agent and make my complaint. I asked if they have had any similar reports and the agent said, "We don't have any recalls or anything at the moment so I don't think so." Sure thing. This site tells me otherwise. They are sending me a voucher for a new bag of food which I will be throwing away along with this bag. Nutro really doesn't seem to care that they are potentially killing people's pets.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Nutro Wholesome Essentials Feed Clean Dog and Cat Dry Kibble sounded great on the label, but my dog and cat ignore it. I had tried different flavors, chicken vs. Salmon and had the same issues with cat and dog. Upon mixing it with their wet food, they got stomach issues, {mucousy stools, bleeding (my dog)} and throwing up. My cat just ignores the bowl of kibble now, it has sat there for weeks, even when I dumped it and tried more of the new flavor, (chicken to salmon). When mixed with wet food, it caused her to throw up, which she never did before. I called Nutro reading that they add garlic to the food, but they said it was a safe amount. Please read your other reviews with numerous similar complaints including their beloved pets dying. I do not wish to take that chance with my precious fur family members.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I started using Nutro Wholesome Essentials Chicken small breed adult, about A month ago, because it was GMO free. Dogs that normally eat within minutes, started leaving food within a week of feeding it, to the point of some not eating it at all. After about 2 weeks of feeding this food, I noticed vomiting and loose stools, to Bloody Diarrhea. Every dog showed the same symptoms. As soon as I took them off this food All is back to normal. There is Definitely something wrong with this food. There needs to be a Recall before some possibly die.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Our dog became overwhelmingly sick with gastroenteritis after starting a new bag 1.5 week ago. She is currently hospitalized. We have been buying Nutro for years, but not anymore. The number of similar cases in such a short amount of time is frightening.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My boyfriend and I had a 7 year old Pit that we had to lay to rest three days ago after switching to Nutro two weeks before his death. It began with loss of balance/limping five days after the switch. Then the vomiting and diarrhea started. He couldn't hold down a thing, not even the liquid food from a syringe. Then his kidney and liver failed. Over 4k in vet costs and never had an answer. This food poisoned our dog.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I started feeding my 12 year old Eskimo Spitz mix Nutro Wholesome Essentials and at first I thought she was doing wonderful on this food. 3 weeks pass and her hair is falling out in masses and she began vomiting bright yellow piles all over my house. The next day she began to have blood specks in her vomit. I did my research and saw similar complaints affecting large amounts of dogs on this food due to ingredient change. I poured the whole bag in the garbage and refuse to feed her anymore. Do yourself and your furbaby a favor. Choose another food.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My dog is 9.5 yrs. WE have been using Nutro her entire life. About a year ago, I noticed A LOT of dry yacking and coughing, all day, everyday. I thought it was maybe her age, but recently she has been vomiting her food up everyday for the past month. I switched to a better brand suggested by my pet store. Immediately, my dog has no coughing, no yacking and no VOMIT! It's been over a week. I can't believe how much of a daily happiness switching made both of us. Sleeping at night and feeling better. Even her potty responses have changed SIGNIFICANTLY! I'm so shocked how a dog food was basically slowly destroying and killing my dog. I CAN'T THANK THE PET STORE ENOUGH FOR SAVING US AND IMPROVING DAILY LIFE. I'm so happy my dog can now eat in peace!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My dog Pepper is a healthy 7-year old Chihuahua Jack-Russell mix, and I've been feeding her Nutro Wholesome Essentials (chicken, small-breed) for a couple years now due to the raving reviews. I noticed this year she has started throwing up somewhat often, but I didn't think it was her food since she'd been doing well on it for a long while.

I recommended the food to my parents since my dog had been doing well and the food was good quality. They purchased Nutro Ultra (small breed) for their two chihuahuas, both healthy, 1 and 3 years old. Immediately after feeding the Nutro, both dogs vomited. Over the duration of 3 weeks on the Nutro, both dogs have become noticeably more lethargic, frequently vomit, and one now has mucusy, bloody diarrhea, messing in the house where he usually never does. These are both normally highly energetic dogs and haven't been known to have any stomach or health issues prior. After a day of feeding them their old diet, they have already perked up and have kept the food down.

After learning and seeing the effects, I looked into the dog food more thoroughly and found many complaints and reviews of the exact same experiences. My own dog hasn't had symptoms quite as severe, but I'm now concerned that her stomach sensitivity, decreased energy, and now hair loss may be attributed to the Nutro food. I will be switching her off immediately. I will now be keeping up with dog foods every couple months to recheck their quality and researching foods more thoroughly, especially before recommending it. Just be warned, there is something in this food that seems to be making a lot of dogs sick, and potentially killing them. Always research and keep up with your dog's food, especially if anything seems off.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

BEYOND ANNOYED! My name is Stephanie and I used to work for your company years ago as a food demo'er. I am now a LVT (licensed vet tech) and have seen what you have done to people's pets first hand. I was your #1 supporter and would try to convert any and every pet owner I knew to switch to your food. I was recently advised that your ingredients had changed in all of your diets and now chicken is your #1 ingredient in all of the food. WHY ON EARTH would you do this and not tell your customers that you made that change? People bought lamb and rice because it was lamb and rice and lamb (lamb meal) was the first ingredient. This was the food that you based all of your posters and literature off of and your #1 seller, I know I use to work in the pet stores as well. Now chicken and chicken fat come before the actual meat you have listed as the foods 'flavor".

Any time we had a animal come in with a possible allergy issue we would instantly tell them to switch to your lamb and rice because we knew the ingredients that were in it and knew that 90% of the time it would take care of any issue. This is because 90% of dogs and cats with food allergies are allergic to CHICKEN AND BEEF!!! I was appalled to see all the bad reviews in the last few months on your page and can't believe that your company has not bothered to mention anything to anyone yet that the change happened and what you are planning on doing about it. You are making dogs/cats sick and the only reason it's not news is that it's not from something like salmonella, or high metal content.

I use to trust this company with my life and the life of my pets. I would stand up to anyone that would try to say they had a better food than yours and NOW I CAN'T TRUST YOU EITHER! At this point you have lost one of your biggest supporters and I will be pulling both my dog and cat off of your food. I will also be doing the same for my sister's animals and anyone that I come in contact with will know what you have done and can make the choice themselves. I am just beyond disturbed that a company that had the reputation that you did wouldn't have thought about the consequences of what you just did.

Original review: July 20, 2018

If it were not for this website and the reports that I found here, I would never have known what it was that was making my dog so sick for the past 6 months that I was pretty sure I was losing him. He was so sick that I called the in-home euthanasia vet, asking them to be on standby for me. I have been feeding my dog Nutro Lamb and Rice dry food for the past 12 years. I learned the hard way that he was VERY allergic to any kind of chicken product or anything with ANY kind of fowl, and I have been very careful to make sure that there was NEVER any chicken or other fowl ingredient in ANY food or treat that he ate. Now I have learned that Nutro decided to add CHICKEN to the "Lamb and Rice" formulation - WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY NOTICE TO THE CONSUMER ABOUT THE CHANGE. This is unconscionable. My dog was so sick... not eating... lethargic... and his whole body was covered with sores and his skin was literally falling off his body.

We have seen the vet multiple times over the past 6 months, and he seemed to get better at one point, but I think that was because I had perhaps gotten an older bag of the formulation that did not contain chicken. When he got very sick again, and I found this website and the information about the food, I ran to the bag that I had been using, and found that the second ingredient listed on the bag is now chicken. I was HORRIFIED. I knew immediately that this is what was making my dog so sick, and my poor dog had been dealing with this for almost 6 months. HOW COULD A COMPANY THAT I TRUSTED DO THIS TO ME AND ALL OF THE OTHER DOGS OUT THERE THAT ARE ALLERGIC TO CHICKEN????

If they had placed a label on the front of the bag to notify the customer of the change, I would NEVER have purchased the food. This is positively unconscionable to me. I CANNOT fathom how any responsible company could do something like this. My dog is still sick, but he is under treatment with my vet. I am hoping he will recover, but I do not know if he will. This has taken such a toll on his health, and on me. I am furious with Nutro and I am still trying to figure out what further action I can take to try and save other dogs from the problems that my poor dog has gone through. This has shaken my faith in the dog food industry.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Our Yorkie has been sick for several days with vomiting and diarrhea. As I was searching for reasons why I came across the Nutro complaints of this dog food. In May, 2018, our little Shih Tzu passed away and we had no idea why, she was going on 13 years old. As I read the complaints on this website, I see others have experienced the same or similar events. She started coughing with a sound like trying to clear her throat. Within 2 days of the onset of that, she died. Nothing can ever replace our sweet little dog, she was so precious and special to our whole family.

I just want to warn others to be aware of this food. We used Nutro Petite Eats Wet Dog Food for them for about 2 years, but only in the last 2 months did they get sick on it. Perhaps something changed at the company; but I don't know. Please be very careful what you feed your little pets. If only I had read the reviews before we bought Nutro; it is my belief that our little sweetheart would still be here.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have Upc and exp dates, the puppy Nutro Max is killing my baby and making other one sick. My third dog is on a special diet and has no issues and he is 14. My pit currently has liver and kidney failure suddenly and had a clean bill of health one month ago. My other dog is normally hyper, has been vomiting and diarrhea. I pulled her off food and she got better. My pit has damage that is irreversible and he is dying. Please do not buy this product. From now on I will just make my own pet food, so upset at the money I spent to save my baby and it isn't doing any good because of bad food. PLEASE AVOID THIS FOOD!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I started my Lab mix on Nutro Grain Large Breed Grain Free dog food (Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Lentils recipe) 2 years ago. I fell in love with the product, and her digestion issues resolved. Something has definitely changed in the past 2 months. She stopped wanting to eat, became lethargic so much so that she didn't want to go on walks, and started experiencing foamy vomiting and diarrhea with blood in her stools. I noticed the air tight sealed bin that I store it in had bugs in it suddenly. PetSmart refunded me the food and said it was most likely a bad batch. I purchased the product again with full assumption that that was the case. Things seemed to get better for a week, but sure enough we were right back where we were by week 2.

Ironically I've just discovered these bugs again but they've spread to the floor. Every homeowners worst nightmare! Exterminator said they are grain mites that likely were brought in from the dog food or its packaging. They're cream colored, very hard to spot as they are the size of a grain of salt. Not sure if this is the cause or if it's a change in formula, but ironically our PetSmart had all recipes from the brand pulled from the shelves when I went in to purchase her Blue Buffalo. Hard to believe it's coincidental. Truly won't be shocked if they issue a recall soon, but either way I will never go back. Our dog's issues resolved immediately after switching to Blue Buffalo.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We switched our 8 month old Australian Shepherd puppy to Nutro dog food about a month ago. After about a week he started having really bad diarrhea. We woke up one morning to several accidents all around the house, and he had NEVER pooped in the house until then. He also began vomiting frequently. We took him to the vet and they gave us probiotics to put on his food and a prescription.

He quickly started feeling better so we figured he just had a tummy bug. Fast forward about 2 weeks later after he finished the prescription and priobiotics regimen he started having diarrhea and vomiting again. We started to be suspicious of the Nutro food. The vet gave us some more probiotics and a few more of the prescription pills and he started feeling better almost instantly. We switched his food back to that which he had been on since he started eating solid food, and we haven’t had any problems since. After reading some of these other reviews, I am suspicious that there has been a recent bad batch of this brand of food.

NUTRO Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Nutro has been providing natural ingredients to pet food since 1926. Nutro’s commitment to healthy and safe pet food keeps their formula tailored for each stage of a pet’s life. Nutro is also active in local and national pet communities through its dog park appreciation program, its partnership with RESCUE BANK pet food distribution program, its support of the Natural Disaster Search Dog Foundation and its sustainability efforts.

• Nutro Rotations: Nutro Rotations is a dog food product designed to add variety to your dog’s diet. Rotations’ recipes are interchangeable, meaning that you can switch between food bags without harming your dog’s stomach. This brand of food is designed for dogs up to seven years old and 65 pounds.

• Farm’s Harvest: Farm’s Harvest dog food combine kibble with farm-raised fruits and vegetables for a balanced, nutritious meal. Farm’s Harvest is available for small and large dogs of all ages.

• Nutro Ultra: Nutro Ultra is a specialty dog food that uses nutrient-packed food designed to build muscles, improve vision, keep coats shiny and maintain a healthy immune system. Ultra products are available for toy, small and large breeds of all ages.

• Wild Frontier: Wild Frontier is Nutro’s high-protein dog food. This food is grain-free and is designed for active dogs.

• Greenies: Nutro’s Greenies dog treats are designed to improve pet health. Greenies Dental Chews help dogs maintain healthy teeth and gums, and Greenies Pill Pockets are treats that make feeding your dog medicine easier.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
    Dr. Ken Tudor Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information