Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Everything is great and I love Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food. It has met my expectations because it is healthy for my dog. I like that it is grain free, it is good for my dog and my dog really enjoys it. I also like the price which is fair to the consumer and is not as high as other brands. I have tried Nutro before and my dog loves it better than other brands. I wouldn't change anything about it.

I like that it is grain free and I like the high protein content. It is not too expensive for a high quality dog food. I purchased it because it was recommended to me by a friend so I tried it and was very pleased with the nutrition and the fact my dog liked it very well. I think it is very good for him.

Tasty, easy to use and has a great value. The High Protein-Grain Free is high quality and reliable. I like how nutritious it is and inviting for my dog. It is innovative and good for on the go and appetizing. It is outstanding and my dog loves it.

Nutro has met my expectations. My dog seems to truly enjoy the flavor and her health and appearance has greatly improved since switching to Nutro High Protein Grain Free. It keeps my girl happy and healthy with lots of energy. I like that it provides the protein my dog needs without the horrible fillers. I own a pit bull who is not so much a picky eater but when she eats dog foods with corn or by-products her hair starts looking all dingy.

Dog food should deliver natural nutrients targeted to dog's unique life stage, breed size, and health condition. It should be liked by my dog and it will come out in various forms. Nutro Dog Food uses the high-quality natural ingredients in all canned, dry dog, and treat foods. It has good amount of protein, grain-free and tastes good. It also contains all essential nutrients that my dog needs. It is very different from other dog foods. Moreover, my dog loves it.

Resolution In Progress

Nutro Dog Food

We are so sorry to hear this and would love to speak with you further on what happened. Please give us a call at 800-833-5330.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I found a small piece of hard blue and white plastic in this can (Nutro steamed fish and sweet potato recipe). I'm feeding it to my 7# Papillon and was concerned if I hadn't seen it could have caused severe problems. Switching brands today and notifying the company.

Resolution In Progress

Nutro Dog Food

We're so sorry to hear your puppy hasn’t been feeling well. We would love an opportunity to speak with you, and learn more about what happened. Please give us a call at 800-833-5330.

Original review: April 30, 2017

About two weeks ago I began noticing that my 8 month old poodle-mix was beginning to refuse her dog food. I fed her normally but I began to notice that she stopped wanting her own food and was more inclined to beg for mine (more than usual). She would literally wait all day and even not eat the food as she and I both allowed it to sit out all day. I thought she was just being stubborn because she wanted to eat what I was eating. However, as it turns out, out of pure starvation I believe, she began to eat little nibbles just to satisfy her hunger. I could not figure out why she all of a sudden did not like her food. I thought about changing it up but didn't. I started mixing her Nutro Ultra brand food with wet food and she ate but picked out the hard food.

Long story short, she decided to start eating her food again because she realized I was not going to be sharing my food with her. After eating a full serving, I noticed that her stomach was getting bloated and gurgling too. Within the past two weeks she started her first season of Estrus and simultaneously began to have loose piles of stool... even water and mucus bubbles too. I attributed it to her changing hormones. Her estrus is now complete and she has still been having explosive uncontrollable diarrhea SEVERAL times a day... even in her kennel which she never does. She could just not hold it in. Fast forwarding to now. I got her some pedialyte on Friday and placed her on fast from Nutro food! Whala her diarrhea stopped. NOT knowing that is was the Nutro food, I fed her a little bit mixed with wet food again and she immediately began the loose poop frenzy again. I also noticed accelerated heart rate when I picked her up.

Today is Sunday and I decided to investigate to see if anyone other dog owner has experienced this with Nutro Ultra food as I began to suspect that it could be a food allergy. I came across this review board and my jaw dropped! Others have had the same experience with this brand of dog food. I placed her on a fast again today for the past 12 hours and she has not had a single loose poop episode so I will not be giving her this food again. I have boiled some chicken and made some rice that I am going to feed her a small portion for the day to see if she continues to be sick. A part of me is so thankful that I suspected it may be her food and was led to this review site. I am comforted that I am not alone in this. I wish you all the best with your pets.

Thank you to those who have taken the time to share. I am not trying to speak ill of the company nor the brand, I just want my dog to be healthy and live a long happy life with me. I will be contacting the PetSmart where I purchased the food to return the product and purchase another brand of food once I feel she is out of the danger zone. Until then I will be making her food myself to ensure she remains healthy.

The high protein that dogs need and good ingredients is what I usually looks for. Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is not bad, and a decent price. Maybe some better beef and chicken type flavors for variety for my dog. Also, I want less GMO's and processed ingredients and better ways of finding coupons.

Nutro is grain free and my dog likes it. He enjoys it a lot and it a great escape for my beloved dog, full of energy everyday. Nutro is a plant-based dry dog food using a moderate amount of chicken or lamb meals as its main sources of animal protein for my dog. The first ingredient in this dog food is chicken. And raw chicken contains about 80% water. After cooking, most of that moisture is lost, reducing the meat content to just a fraction of its original weight. It's pricey although it is a quality item.

I was trying to buy healthier food for my dog and Nutro Dog Food was recommended by a veterinarian and friends who use the product before me. The Nutro Dog Food is high in protein, has good smell, has very good ingredients, and has a good amount of nutrients for a healthy diet. The food is not too dry so it is easy for my dogs to eat it. My dogs like the product a lot, but it could improve with more type of flavors. Also, a reusable package and coupons discounts for frequent buyers of the product will be cool.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

What I like most about Nutro High Endurance dog food is that it is grain-free and has a 30/20 protein/fat ratio. It's a great food for active dogs. I chose it to try it out, and my dog wound up loving it. So I kept buying this Nutro dog food, with a few others types from Nutro. I do buy other brands, but this is one of the main dog food that he eats. I find the ingredients in it a lot better for my dog than similar price brands. But the only thing I think can be improved about the dog food would be the main ingredient, which is the first ingredient. It's chicken meal. Chicken meal could be anything on a chicken, which isn't as good for a dog, but isn't bad either. At least it's not by-products, which is why I buy this instead of a lot of cheap dog foods.

When I got my dog I researched dog foods. I compared the quality and prices. Nutro was a good quality dog food for a affordable price. It did meet my expectations and my dogs like it. I like that it doesn't have grains in it. The protein percentage is high and they use real meat and not byproducts. Some of the ingredients I wasn't sure what they were until I researched each ingredient. There is nothing I dislike about this brand of dog food. I would like if they had smaller kibble for my 6 pound dog.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free was recommended by a friend that has owned and raised dogs for years. It has met or exceeded all my expectations of a great dog food and I am happy to feed it to my dogs. I love the natural ingredients and the high protein content of the food. Also my dogs love the taste and the texture and it has all the things that my dogs need and love. However, the price is a little higher than other dog food of the same type of ingredients and level of nutritional benefits.

The dogs, who can be somewhat picky, like the taste (at least they eat all of it) & it doesn't seem to cause bloating or upset stomachs like other foods we have tried. Nutro has an excellent reputation. I like that they seem to care for animals & try to provide the best nutritional content. And, they have a nice variety so, for example, I won't have to find a new brand once our dogs get a little older & their nutritional needs change. But I would get rid of more of the fillers - even though it's all natural & traceable to the source, that doesn't mean it's all appropriate for dogs. Otherwise, I'm relatively happy with Nutro High Protein-Grain Free.

I like the fact that Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food is grain free, healthy and good for my beloved dog Boomer and my other dog Mississippi. They both are happy and excited to eat dinner every night and every day. I feel that Nutro dog food has met initial expectations because my dog Boomer and Mississippi enjoys it and keeps him healthy. I have tried other brands which did not meet my expectations. I feel safe that their standards are higher than other brands which gives me a peace of mind. The price is a little high but worth it.

My 2 Boston Terriers liked Nutro Dog Food. I was trying to find a meal that my Bostons would eat dry. They initially were slow to eat it as they had been used to a soft food. I often added fresh vegetables to it simply to create some variety and this has worked well. I found it served them and they did not have digestion issues. They were regular with a nice consistency to bowel released. The cost could be less. I tend to like some variety fit my critters. As far as the quality and size of the meal, the Bostons were fine with it. But I try to adjust the amount I give them to keep their weight in line. I found that a scant half cup satisfied them.

I chose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free because it was one of the first brands I noticed on the shelf that was grain free, and the price wasn't bad compared to what I have seen with other grain-free dog foods. It's reasonably priced to be grain free. My dog has a grain allergy that causes him to lose his hair when he eats grains and I have noticed he has a healthier shinier coat when he eats this food. He also seems to have more energy even if he is an older dog. My dog really seems to enjoy and love the taste of the dog food and always finishes his bowl. So in my opinion, this dog food has completely met my expectations, and maybe beyond.

I wish this brand of dog food were available at more locations and at mass merchandisers, which are generally closer to my home than the specialty pet stores. Most of the time I have to go to a specialty pet or feed store to find this brand and line of products. A variety in flavors in the grain free would be nice, too. I usually only see about 2 to 3 different flavors in this brand in grain free when I shop for this product at the store.

I am tired of feeding my dogs BS that hurts them and makes them lethargic, groggy, poor health with regards to their joints as well as their digestive tract. Nutro has really improved overall behavior. They have responded with having more energy and passion about playing and they goof around a lot more than they use to and the energy is well received. The only thing I dislike is the price. It is very expensive and I am not a cheap-skate. We as a family don't have any extra money at the end of the month however, I know my dogs are worth it because they are just like family. It has fit my needs minus price.

Our year old Golden all of the sudden won't eat that food. Dry or wet. They changed the color of their packaging and I think they change the formula. He won't touch it. In fact he was sick last week and we really didn't know why. Now we know. Moved on to using Science Diet once again.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free was recommended to me by the lady that owns the dog feed store I go to. I originally asked her what she recommended due to my dog having gas and diarrhea. And my dog seems to really like it a lot. It doesn't have the greatest smell but I can deal with that. It has no fillers, high in protein, and they have a few different flavors in case I want to switch it up. It is also grain free which is a plus. No corn and other crap that is of no use for my dog.

Originally I had a coupon so I wanted to try Nutro High Protein-Grain Free, but then my dogs fell in love with it and it has given my dogs more energy and their hair seems brighter and healthier. They seem to love the taste and they seem happy to eat it. It is healthy for my dogs and I like that it is easy to digest. I like health benefits that it provides and I like that there are flavor choices. I have no complaints or problems as we all benefit and it is even on sale sometimes.

What I like about Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is that all three large breed dogs seem to enjoy it. It appears to make for less shedding than some cheap brands of dog food. There is less defecation to clean up which is nice. You don't have to feed as much as cheap food to maintain a good body weight on this food. The bloodhound, GSP and Weimaraner all love Nutro and it seems great for their coat. But the size of Nutro bags compared to some other dog food and the cost is something I'm not especially happy about leavings me wondering if there are other equal dog foods out there for cheaper price.

I looked at the nutrition label and was looking for a food that grain was not the first ingredient. I like that Nutro is high protein and grain free - it gives my pets energy and they really like the food. They get super excited at meal time and always eat all their food. I don't dislike anything. If I had to change anything perhaps offer a little bites so that my small dog has an easier time eating it. Other than that it meets my needs completely at a price I could afford.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free has the nutrition content my dog need and easy to feed. She seemed happy if I give her this dog food. She is energetic and fit. It has a reasonable price too. The smell is kinda strong for me but not for my dog. She seemed loved and enjoying it. I trust the brand for my dog. It's just perfect for my dog's diet and nutrition and as she is a good size dog she needs a good nutrition getting from a dog food.

I initially got Nutro Dog Food because it was grain free and high protein. It had great ingredients and very attractive packaging. It comes in a great variety of flavors to choose from that my dogs love. It's natural and easy for them to digest and my dogs really enjoy it a lot. It is one of the best in market right now and it helps keep my dogs healthy and happy. The size is great and it is a very high quality for a low price which was also good. I made a very good choice. Nutro could improve a little by adding some more flavors or maybe coming up with limited edition flavors but all in all there is nothing I dislike. I would like to see seasonal flavors though. That would be awesome.

I had a coupons and decide to buy this product. I like the way the can looks and it's healthy and have the right amount of vitamins in it but most important point is that my dog really like it. I have tried other dog food at a lower price but my dog wouldn't eat it. If the store had it at a very good price I stock up on it so I would run out. I like this product a lot if you can make the can bigger size and also make a lot of different flavor for my dogs to eat. And also it would be nice to be able to find it on the grocery shelf and bigger bags would be very helpful. I told my friends about it and they bought it for their animals. They said their animals really like the product a lot so I been buying Nutro dog food ever since.

I want a dog food that keeps my dog healthy and happy as well as has all of the right nutrients that he needs. Nutro high protein grain-free has all ingredients my dog needs to be healthy. I like everything about this Nutro dog food. I liked the ingredients and how it is not only grain free but higher protein to give my dog the energy and nutrients that he needs with no fillers and additives, just healthy meats, vegetables and fruits so he is healthy.

High Protein-Grain Free - My dog has allergies, and a lot of dog food seems to make her itch. She won't eat most of the dog foods that are good for her. She absolutely loves new trail though! But dogs need a change of pace and Nutro should come out with a few different varieties of flavors in the grain-free. Also, the price of the dog food is expensive but dog food is always expensive and I don't mind spending more on my pet, if it makes her healthy and happy.

Many dog products have healthy ingredients glucosamine and chondroitin help support healthy joint mobility, while vitamins and minerals promote balanced nutrition. I like the selection and varieties you can choose from especially from online stores like Petsmart where shipping is free on $29 or over orders. Food is usually specially formulated to support the nutritional needs of your large-breed/small breed adult dogs. However, the packages are a little small and expensive. Other than that, it's a great product and worth buying. I would highly recommend it to any dog owner who cares about his dog's health.

I really really like that the Nutro dog food is high in protein, and is packed with many very healthy ingredients. I chose it for the reason of the combination of great quality for a great price. It's a great choice. My dog loves Nutro brand High Protein-Grain Free dog food!

High Protein-Grain Free - The most important thing is that corn is not the first or second ingredient. I buy it very often and Max loves it and eats it up quickly. I like to give my Max the best and only if he likes it. The price can sometimes be rather high but it is a very good product and I don't mind spending more for. My dog is very worth it.

What I like about Nutro Dog Food is that it is a healthy and natural food for my dogs. It is grain and wheat free and doesn't contain ingredients that are harmful to my dogs. I like the different varieties and flavors that they offer and the different problems that each bag of dog food targets. It was recommended by a friend and it had the flavor of my previously used dog food. The one that I used to regularly purchased was not going to be sold at my local PetSmart store anymore so I had to find an alternative. The thing that I dislike about the Nutro Dog Food is that it seems similar to other brands. I would like them to come up with new flavors that haven't been done before and have that cutting edge on the competition. I also would like the price to be a little lower and for the bags to come in more sizes than what is currently offered.

Nutro Dog Food has good ingredients and it seems to be a match for my mixed 2 year olds. We use other foods before but I think his hair and skin are actually healthier and I followed the recommended food amount and he's been more active. My dog didn't want eat at first and I had to add beef broth to it for about a week and now that's all I give him. This product has all the ingredients necessary and high protein for my 110 lb. Shepherd and he loves it. It comes with minerals and vitamins that very large breeds needs for bone growth and health.

Nutro Dog Food has the ingredients that I am looking for and doesn't have the ingredients I am trying to avoid. How healthy it is for my dog and the great ingredients that it has for my pets and how nutritious it is. It is a brand that I trust. My dog eats this brand happily. I love the ingredients that it contains and I trust that it will provide the nutrition that it provides so that my dog will grow and will lead a healthy life. There is nothing I dislike about it. The brand has never let me down.

I choose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food because my dog enjoy it a lot and made up of good quality ingredient. I expect that this dog food brand has a highest nutrients and it was believable. My dog always finish all his food. The packaging is relevant and appealing to my dog and it really fits to my dog. I am really satisfied of it and I am more likely to buy it in the market. Improvement may be stock more in the market and make some variety of flavors so they have choices.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile