Nutro Dog Food

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dog loves the Original formula and it is good for him. Helps his coat and keeps him healthy. The cost is reasonable. The food keeps him peppy and satisfied. The dog responds very well to the brand. I would recommend this formula to friends and family. I have tried other brands in the past but find this to be the most effective brand for my dog. No other brand has come close to being as effective as Nutro. We also fed it to our previous dogs. The food is balanced and healthy. I am very satisfied with Nutro and would make no changes to the formula. It was recommended to us by our vet and meets his needs. It is carried by Chewey.com and that makes it very reasonable for our budget. Overall it is an excellent food. It has made our expectations. I recommend this food to my friends and family.

My neighbors, friends, and co-workers who have pets highly recommended Nutro Dog Food. I had read other positive reviews about it as well. I gave it a shot, and it completely lived up to expectations. It is high in nutrients and my dog loves the taste, too. It offers the highest value in terms of price and quality on the market today.

I love that it contains no chicken by-product meal and that it is soy and gluten and grain free and that it is made with all natural ingredients. This product is perfect for my dog's sensitive stomach and she would not eat any other dog foods especially grain free dog foods except Nutro. She loves the taste of it and her stomach is much better since using Nutro. It has met my initial expectations.

I've been using Nutro original formula for 20 plus years and I think it's pretty good. My dog really seem to like it. Their fur coats look great, they seem to maintain a healthy weight and their feces is easy to clean up. It's not just full of rice it's full of protein. Most the time with high-priced dog food you end up with rice as the main ingredient for a filler so I would like to see more vegetables instead of rice.

I chose Nutro because it was grain-free at a reasonable price, which is necessary for the health of my dog's skin and coat. And because my family (parents, brother, and sister) had recommended it to me for these reasons. They are satisfied customers as well. But I think the quality of the ingredients could be improved, though I would not want to see the price increase as a result. I've purchased it because it's price is lower than other premium grain-free foods. It has also met my expectations, my dog is very healthy, and my dog seems to really like the food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original formula: Nutro dog food was recommended to me by the pet store employee. I bought it and it was as good as advertised and the packaging is good too. Nutro dog food has met my initial expectations. There are dog foods that are better quality but they cost more. For the money, Nutro is a good value. My dog likes it, and I like the flavors and the form factor. I would purchase it again.

When I got my dog, she was a rescue. She was underweight and her hair was coming out. After 2 weeks of giving her Nutro she had gained weight and her coat was filling in and sleek and shiny! She loved the Lite & Weight Management lamb and rice flavor. Nutro surpassed my expectations very quickly. It is a very high quality dog food and is never a disappointment when it comes to the ingredients that are good for my dog. My girl loves the fiesta flavor. I love that you have a few different flavors that are not just beef or chicken. If I could change one thing, it would be to have more flavors for each class of the food. If they could come out with fiesta flavor healthy weight it would be awesome.

Nutro offers quality nutrition which my dogs will eat. I have three dogs and it is very helpful to have a formula which all 3 find appealing. I mix it with a different brand which is for oral care which helps reduce tartar and build up and my dogs love the flavor of both kibbles and it makes a nice mix. One of my dogs has a somewhat sensitive stomach so it must also accommodate her delicate digestive tract. Also, my previous dog had sensitive skin and the lamb and rice formula was delicious and didn't make him itchy. I continued with a proven dog food company but purchased a smaller kibble for my 2 smaller dogs.

I purchased Nutro High Endurance Dog Food because it is what my sister feeds her dogs for about 10 years now and she advised me to try it with my dog. One of my sister's dog is a pure blood German Rottweiler and she is very big. She was very slow because of her size but now she is faster and has lost a lot of weight since trying Nutro. I like that it is all natural and no GMO and also my dog is very happy and energetic since I started feeding it to him as well. I also notice that his mane is very shiny and he has been healthier according to the vet. I sometimes think the price is a little high. It also depends on what store that I shop at. I can find it on sale sometimes, but not all of the local stores in the area carry it.

We had a coupon and we really wanted to give Nutro Dog Food a try. Our dogs are getting older and fatter, and weren't getting as much exercise as before so eating healthier seemed like a good choice. So we tried Nutro Dog Food (original formula) and it was a success. I like that it is all natural and it seems very healthy for our dogs. It comes in many flavors as well. Our dogs can be picky but they really seem to like this brand too. However, I'm definitely not thrilled about the price. It is more than the average dog food we get at Walmart, or other stores. It seems to be worth the price though.

Ultra was originally recommended by a veterinarian and my dogs seemed to do well on it. It was also listed on approved foods by whole dog journal however it got dropped by wdj for not providing lab reports so I am planning to change to an approved food. I want what is best for my dog and if they don't provide the requested lab reports we can't be sure. Although my dog's vet said I didn't need to change and it was convenient to purchase so I continued to use it.

I like that the Nutro dog food is grain-free, high on protein, vet recommend, has plenty of natural ingredients, is made in the United States and that my dog likes it. It has met my expectations, my dog can't get enough of it. The packaging isn't great and the price but I guess you get what you pay for and in this case you are paying for quality.

I definitely like that Nutro is grain-free! None of the extra stuff in it! I do not like the idea of feeding my beloved family pets a bunch of grain crap that is not healthy for them! Plus why would I want to pay for grain! From the design of the bag to the food being grain-free, I liked everything! I can also say that my beloved pooches loved this food as well! They are very picky dogs. It was recommended by a friend and has certainly met my expectations and I have VERY high expectations when it comes to my pooches! I have always tried to provide my family pets with the best of nutrition and I feel this does an fabulous job!

Neighbor and fellow dog lovers suggested this brand so I gave it a try. They used it for their dogs for a while so I thought I might see if my dogs would enjoy it. It helps my dogs stay healthy and happy. They look forward to meals and gobble up the food. I think it contains all the protein and essential vitamins they need to lead a long and healthy life. Dogs love the taste and owners are happy to purchase it.

Nutro Lite & Weight Management is the food that my dog has been eating for years. This was also recommended by my veterinarian as being one of the best foods for her. I like that it's all natural and only has good stuff in it. She likes the taste and it does well with her digestive system and she is a picky eater. But I wish it was available at mass merchandisers like Walmart or Target because that would be more convenient. The price is also a little high but my dog is worth it. It is the best and she deserves the best.

Nutro had a rebate going on, so I decided to try it; it has met and exceeded my expectations and it is a good price for the quality of ingredients used. My dog enjoys eating it more than most other brands. The original formula has complete nutrition, lots of meat protein and no corn products. Its ingredients are of high quality and the maker of the food seems to be interested in pet care and nutrition more than other brands are. However, you have to feed your dog more Nutro than other brands to get the same amount of nutrition, which makes the product not as good of a deal as some other brands of super-premium dog foods today.

High Endurance - I like it of good quality and high energy it gives my dog. My dog seems to like it every time I gave it to him and I would continue to purchase this. I like for them to have more variety and flavors. He is like any dog that is similar to human likes and don't like and he does get tired of certain flavor and he does like different flavor and gets really excited when I change his dog food. It has met my expectations for a good dog food. When I first saw this dog food brand, I was thinking this would be great for my dog. Something different and I can switch between other dog food.

My dog's old food made his stomach upset, and he would usually throw up each day. We ran a bunch of tests to see what was wrong with him, but nothing came up. The vet suggested that we try switching his food. I was at Petsmart, searching for a new dog food that would be good for a dog with a sensitive stomach. There was a Nutro Rep there that asked me what I was looking for and suggested I check out their food for sensitive dogs (lamb and rice formula.) She also offered me a coupon off my first bag. She was very helpful and walked me through a few questions I had.

I liked that they offered support in the store for buyers who were not sure what to get. I did not really know what to expect, because one of my dogs has a sensitive stomach, and another one of my dogs is picky. When we switched the Lamb and Rice formula from Nutro, he stopped throwing up. The dog food was great for his sensitive stomach. I think the food is great, and the price is reasonable. I am glad I found a dog food that I am happy purchasing, and all three of my dogs like to eat. It makes my life a lot easier!

I initially chose Nutro High Endurance because it's very healthy in comparison to other brands available. I was looking for the perfect food for her, as she is getting older she needs different nutrition than she needed before & this food provides her with exactly what she needs to eat. It gives my dog the energy she needs to get through the day. She enjoys the flavor of the food & eats this particular kind a lot better than others I have tried to give her before. My dog is a Great Dane so she eats a lot of food. I could definitely see buying a bigger quantity for a better value if it was offered.

My dogs really love Nutro. It comes in the perfect size and it's appetizing. I like that it is easy for my dogs to swallow. I maybe would improve on some of the flavors by adding more grains and real meat flavors or maybe even make some with gravy. However, they already offer a wide variety that my dogs really enjoy and I enjoy seeing them eat, so all in all I think it's great as is. I like that it is grain-free and chose it because it's healthy. It is very high quality and helps keep my dogs' coat shiny and clean.

Nutro grain free dog food keeps my food allergic pup's tummy happy with small bites for my smaller-sized pup. Also my pup is not as gassy and has less skin/fur irritation. However, I would like more flavor variety, more than just duck or lamb. Where's the fish? Or the beef? It has met and exceeded expectations as most other brands cause food allergies or skin/fur problems in my short-haired dog.

Lite & Weight Management was recommended by a family member so I went ahead and purchased it. It is more expensive than I would prefer, but most dog foods tend to be pretty pricey. It has met my initial expectations, my dogs ate it without any issues and seemed to like it. It is light so it keeps my dog from gaining weight which is an issue for her. Also seems to keep her full which is positive as that's what's important because it isn't healthy for them to be overweight. We will see how things go moving forward though, they seem to sometimes get tired of some dog foods.

I like this Nutro dog food brand because it makes my dog happy. It met all my initial expectations for dog food and I found it to be very beneficial. I like that the Original Nutro Formula has the health factor of the dog food. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals that are good for my dog which is great.

My dogs really like it. They have never turned down a meal since I feed them Lite & Weight Management. Plus the kibble size is nice. It is not too small not too big. Also the price is good for the quality food. It smells bad in the covered I store it in. It has almost a fish odor to it but I believe ingredient is chicken. I clean the bin between every bag I buy to keep odor down. I believe Nutro Dog Food is a good name and is suppose to be a high quality food that I can depend on. I try to feed my dogs premium foods.

Most important, the dog likes Nutro original formula. It has good quality ingredients and looks nice and feels nice in the hand. It is not all crumbly like some of the cheaper foods. However, the price could be lower, a lot lower would help out on a budget. We are willing to pay a little more for a good quality food, but there are limits to our budget. It used to be less expensive. Also, if it could be available in more locations. It has been decades since we first bought Nutro brand dog food. It has been a good food, so we continue to buy Nutro.

I choose High Endurance this food simply because I love that it's made with real ingredients that actually help with digestive problems, coat problems and endurance problems and it's not putting any fake products in the food. I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't found this brand. It's simply amazing and while pure and simple I love it how amazing I found it!!! Ply pure and good for my furry friend. She deserves the best products and that's what Nutro Dog Food had.

Nutro Original formula is a much more natural dog food compared to other brands. My dog is allergic and requires natural dog food. The packaging is sturdy so I do not have to worry about it breaking open and spilling everywhere. If I had to improve the brand I would like to see more flavors to choose from. The flavors currently available seem odd somewhat and I feel like my dog would eat more if they had beef flavor. Prior to this brand, it has been trial and error finding a suitable dog food for my pet. After trying this brand of dog food, her hives and rashes have stopped completely.

I initially chose Nutro Dog to try a healthier food option without giving up taste and texture. I love that it is grain-free, and vet approved! I expected this food to provide higher quality nutrition and a taste my dog would enjoy - I am definitely pleased with the results. My dog loves the taste and texture and is very healthy and his coat is extra shiny since starting this food! Also, it has helped with some of my dog's digestive and coat issues. It is great and I would highly recommend High Protein-Grain Free to others for the same type of issues.

Grain Free - My dog really likes this brand. It does not have fillers like cheaper brands and they have had some high value coupons for it. She also likes the flavors available. I initially chose it because I had a high value coupon and it was on sale at Petco. It DID meet my initial expectations. As the price is high in the future I will likely MIX it with a more cost-effective brand.

We wanted a dog food that was healthy and supplied all the nutritional value. We try to eat organic foods and wanted the same for our babies (dogs). We like to have the assurance that our dogs are only getting the very best! I love that Nutro has all the health benefits that it has. It is an all natural dog food that is extremely healthy for my dogs and I know that they are getting all the health benefits that they daily need. I also love that they absolutely love the flavor of the original formula even if they do not know all the daily nutritional value. When I take their food to them they are extremely happy and I love to see their excitement! Nutro is simply AMAZING! The only thing that I don't like is that I can't buy Nutro by the truck loads and have it delivered here. The dogs would be extremely happy if that was the case.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile