Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought many brands before. I tried different variants and brands, but I was not loyal to one brand. One day I decided to give Nutro High Protein-Grain Free a shot. Turns out my dog really loves it! So I've been buying Nutro Dog Food since a long time ago. However, my dog is a messy eater, so I have to clean up after him. I'm trying my best to keep the dog bowl clean but it's almost impossible with Nutro Dog Food. It's kind of nasty and hard to clean up. But then, the dog food is cheap and relatively effective. I only need to feed my dog twice a day.

I like that Nutro Dog Food has real ingredients. Good for my animals and the dogs really enjoy the taste. My veterinarian very much approves of their new diet and so do I. The dogs also really enjoy the flavor of the food much more than their previous dog food. Previous dog food had lots of filler and additives added to its mix instead of using natural ingredients which didn't seem healthy to me but Nutro dog food (High Endurance) has much less additives and fillers making both my pet and myself happier. More flavor varieties would be nice as there are not a whole lot of options to choose from currently and it could be a little less on the expensive side.

I would just like to improve the ingredients that make up pet products. Now I see that they are composed of highly processed ingredients and also possess many chemical ingredients. I think before, dog food was made with more natural ingredients and this seems to benefit the health of pets. I chose Nutro Dog because I thought it was a quality brand, and after giving the food to my dog I realized that the taste liked it enough. Of this product like 3 aspects, the first is its composition. It is a product that is made with simple and quality ingredients that I can easily recognize. The second point I highlight is the variety of flavors that allows me to offer a different flavor to my dog and the last aspect I like about the product is its good price.

Original Formula - I saw an advertisement for Nutro Dog Food and decided to try it for a change, as it looked appealing and the price was affordable and the store location was nearby. I liked the texture and ingredients and the aroma plus my dog liked the taste and was excited to eat the dog food product, along with the packaging was also liked. However, perhaps more available flavors would have made me purchase one or two more additional products.

The reasoning for me initially choosing the Nutro brand was that it has been around for sometime now. It's a well-known brand and comes recommended by many. The only dislikes I had about the brand was that it is overpriced. When it first came out, it was really the only one of its type so pricing the Nutro at a more expensive price than other foods was understandable. Aside from that, my Rigby became allergic to it but then he's allergic to everything. I like that Nutro Farm's Harvest did not use corn and shredded paper for fillers though. I also liked the fact that it kept my Rigby feeling full. Which in return stopped Rigby from trying to find people food on the floor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

My vet recommended the Nutro High Protein-Grain Free for my dogs. They have sensitive stomachs. They love it and have no more stomach issues. It has definitely met my expectations. It has simple easy to read and understand ingredients with no fillers and it's easy to digest. Made with real meat and it's grain free. I wish it was a little less expensive. Also, it would be great if there were good coupons offered on a regular basis and a rewards card for so many purchases.

It was recommended that I try Nutro Original Formula for my fur baby because he is very picky and there are very few dog food brands that he will actually eat. However, it was a bit pricey. I know the premium brands cost more but if Nutro lowered the price then more people would be willing to try the dog food and then they will see that it's really good for their fur baby and that their fur baby likes it and will continue to buy the dog food. But I like that it has premium ingredients and provides complete nutrition for my fur baby.

High Protein-Grain Free: Easy to absorb, digestion, nutrition is very balanced, fat and protein mix reasonable, after eating for a period of time dog hair color will be significantly improved, pregnant dogs and lactating dogs are very suitable for eating this dog food.

When got dog this brand that fed her and she continually loves it. Good reputable company. Grain free, good protein intake, minimum ingredients, variety of flavors including salmon and chicken. Love this brand ever since I bought it. Was cheaper initially but now prices are higher. Was highly recommend on websites. Dog loves it and tolerates it well it especially since mix of favors. More variety of favors should be available. Smaller bags are more expensive. Prices should be same always. Cost of product extremely high so sometimes may not be affordable which is a shame.

It looked good in the packaging and my dog ate it and loved it. It’s a rich tasting dog food that my pet enjoys and has healthy nutrients essential for his health to keep him active. It smells and looks good. I wouldn’t buy any other brand and I would recommend Nutro Original Formula Dog Food to all animal lovers. But one thing they can improve on is lowering the price or adding more to the bag.

When I first got my dog, I went to the pet store and asked the people that worked at the pet store in the dog food department what kind of food to buy for my type of dog and they directed me toward Nutro (Grain Free). I like that it has no corn or any other grains, and other nutritional benefits. My dog loves to eat it. But I think that maybe the size of the food could be smaller. Also the price of the bags of dog food could be less expensive. I also prefer a zip-lock type opening, so to keep the food fresh.

Lite & Weight Management - My dog really likes the food and most of the other ones we have tried do not meet the initial standards of what I want my dog to be fed. The Nutro Dog Food product has met my initial expectations because it has been my dog's best friend besides me of course. I'd rather have this brand over others.

I absolutely loved feeding my dog the High Protein Grain Free Nutro Dog Food because he loved it. He was full and got all of the nutrition he needed in a shorter amount of time. Because there was a lot of protein, my dog was able to be full of energy for the day and became very happy when dinner time came around. I loved the meat choices that were a part of the meal and I like that it did not have grain in it. My dog has a propensity to run away from products that have grain in them. He liked the grain free option as he could not stop wagging his tail. It has a great taste and it is also very filling for my dog. The seasoning was good for him and he loved the taste of the meat that was provided.

My friend recommended I feed my dog this protein-filled meal as she could not stop bragging about how happy her dog was when dinner time came and how full of energy he was. It was being sold at my local PetSmart for a reasonable price so I decided to try it out. Nutro Dog food also had impeccable reviews that made me consider the brand as well and the product has exceeded the expectations I set.

I believe that Nutro is a high quality dog food and I've always believed in giving my dog the best food that I can afford. Nutro (original formula) did meet my expectations. I liked the good balance of protein compared to the other ingredients. Also it contained essential vitamins and minerals that dogs require. The only thing that I dislike is the price. I bought the food and really liked it but the next time I went to buy it I didn't have a coupon and it wasn't on sale.

I like that Nutro Farm's Harvest has all natural ingredients and is healthy for my dogs. The brand was recommended to me by my dog trainer at Petsmart. She is very close with her dogs and passionate about promoting a happy and healthy life style for your dogs, so we were very comfortable making the choice to use the brand. However, they recently changed the bag designs, and it has caused a little bit of trouble for my boyfriend and I. The change has made it more difficult to pick out the same flavor that we have always bought for our dogs. We do not switch flavors because they get sick, and it has happened with this new switch. Nevertheless, we have been happy with the brand.

Nutro dog food is the brand that my dog favors the most. I have given her other brands and some she won't even touch. I am surprised she loves the food more than any other brand. She likes the taste and always finishes. I mix the High Protein-Grain Free with wet food and she loves it that way.

Friends have suggested Nutro Wild Frontier and I reviewed it online and liked what I read. I wanted clean and natural. Besides ratings are 4 star or better and my dog likes it. And it is healthy for him. Clean recipes are simple, purposeful, and trustworthy. A pet's food energizes helps maintain them and a healthy dog with a balanced diet. Even the variety is good and the food is healthy and natural.

I have bought Nutro small breed formula for over five years. The company continues to improve its formula to that my dog is getting excellent food. I like that the dry dog food does not include a ton of fillers or animal by-products. Additionally, the dog food is easy to find the product at Petco or on Amazon.com. Also, I would not mind if the products cost less money. With the company's change to the new formula, the bags are a couple dollars cheaper, however they are also smaller bags.

I initially decided to buy Nutro dog food because I was told how much better it was by a friend. That their animals were doing better since eating this brand of food. So I figured that I would give the Original Formula a try. The price was right, my dog loved the taste, the smell of the food was not horrible, I like the variety of food that it comes in, and the Nutro dog food brand is one that is an overall great product. The bagging could have been better, the colors could have been more eye catching, the size of the food could have been even, the nutritional label should of shown what ingredients were exactly listed in it.

I was looking for a grain free dry dog food for smaller dog variety that was high quality. My dog was experiencing itchy dry skin issues so I wanted her on a grain free food that was high quality. Nutro Grain Free helped her dry skin itchiness issues. It was grain free which makes it gluten free, high quality, easy to digest. It offers a wide variety of flavor and meat options. Different varieties to suit larger or smaller dogs. But it would help if the dog food was offered in larger bags at a better price or discount for purchasing larger size bags. It's also a little on the expensive side.

It's a great brand (Nutro High Protein-Grain Free) of fodder. My dog, he loves it, in addition to providing all the nutrients and benefits so that he can grow healthy and strong and have an excellent quality of life.

Initially, a good product associated with the cost. Now, they both love the product (Lite & Weight Management). Ever since Nutro has been introduced to our first dog well over fifteen years ago, the product is Fresh and made by a reputable company. Nutro has an extremely long history of providing quality dog food. I would want to know if Nutro could become more involved with the dog treat arena.

I like that Nutro High Protein Grain Free had mostly protein. I have tried to get my dog to eat just about every dog food there is out there and this seems to be the only one she will eat. I had tried twenty different types of dog food and my dog would go days without eating. I just happen to grab this brand because it said high protein on the bag, and she loves it! It's healthy for her, keeps her coat shiny and it keeps her happy! She loves the taste and eats it daily. And I would ask for more flavors.

Nutro Dog Food Farm's Harvest meets my expectations as my dog enjoying this dog food for years and his coat is very shiny and soft since he has been eating Nutro. It has great nutrients and encourage growth development for my dog. My dog is never has digestive or potty issues and he gets really full with this dog food.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is more natural than other dog foods, grain-free and overall healthier for your dog. My dogs love the taste, has a great looking color and is an appealing and natural looking shape. This brand costs more than grocery store brands. Also, has no real meat flavored varieties. Should have real vegetables and real meat included. But this brand exceeds my expectations, comes in enough varieties to keep my dogs satisfied. Love the grain free and lightweight formulas.

I initially chose the Nutro Dog Food Original Formula because it was recommended to me by friends and family because their pets love it. They told me that it was the best on the market to date and I believe them. I have had nothing but good results with this brand of dog food. I love the look and texture of the food itself. I also like the ingredients that it contains. I love that my pets love the taste of the dog food and they are always pleased to be fed. I completely trust in this food and trust that it is the perfect food for my dogs.

I needed to find a healthier option for my dog that was still reasonably priced and that I could find most places. I like that Nutro Wild Frontier is a premium option but is also found at most pet stores and isn't too high in price to where I cannot afford it. I like the ingredients that are used and that it has meat as the number one ingredient and contains things that your dog needs depending on their lifestyle. The only negative about it is the price. Other than that, I like that there are many options that suit different dogs.

Nutro Dog Food offers grain free food that is made without grains or glutens so it can be easily digested, NO-GMO ingredients, made with recognizable ingredients. Hard to find in other dog food brands. The only recommendation I would make would be to add additional flavors menus in order to give my dog additional flavor choices without moving to another brand.

There are a lot of options to choose from, so I never know what's exactly right for my dog. But it's not a huge issue. I like that Nutro is one of the most affordable but all natural dog food brand compared to other expensive brands. I like that it does not contain any fillers and my dog has pica so he eats anything and everything. So I'm always concerned about what's in his food. Still doing some more research on what should be in dog food. I'm concerned about the amount of grain in it (Original Formula). So far the brand is meeting my dog's dietary needs but planning to try Blue Choice in the future.

I needed my dog to gain weight. I had researched the topic. I wanted him on grain free food. He needed more vitamins. I enjoy every moment that I gave my dog Nutro. I like that the texture was just right for my dog. He enjoyed the food and ate it all. He started gaining weight. It was the best day ever when I purchased this. My dog loves it and dances all around when I order this food online. When we go to the pet store he runs to the Nutro area. He knows the exact bag and gets very excited. The best thing I ever did was choose Nutro. I would definitely buy it again.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile