Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I chose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food because it doesn't have grains and has a lot of protein. It gives my dog a lot of energy and stamina. Feeding this dog food to my dog keeps him healthy and fortified. My dog seems to really like the taste of the dog food and readily eats it every time I give it to him. My dog enjoys his mealtime and never leaves any food left in his bowl when I give it to him. But maybe reduce the cost. Although some stores charge more than others for purchasing this dog food, I will still buy it because my dog benefits greatly by eating it.

I usually buy Blue Buffalo. Nutro Dog Food was on sale and I wanted to try it because I want variety. Nutro Dog Food was not bad and my dog liked it. It also has grain free products I like and the packaging was nice. The product can be improved if they make the Dog Food into bigger bags and make it with different ingredients and cheaper.

I was trying to find a dog food my shih tzu would eat and Nutro Original Formula looked like it had good ingredients in it, so I thought I would give it a try. It looks good and smells good so to me it seems it would be a good choice of dog food... I personally did not have a good response with it from my dog. I thought my dog would eat it, but she wouldn't. My shih tzu is a very picky eater. I have tried several brands before I found the one I am using today.

Decision was made based on reputation and content information on the bag. Our dogs are 13 years old and weight control is important at that age. Both are slightly arthritic and less weight means less discomfort for them we hope. So far the Nutro Lite & Weight Management seems to have helped them. We plan to continue and monitor their progress. But a variety of flavors would be nice to add a little variety to their lives. We seem to notice that at times they seem to grow tired of a steady diet of the same flavor.

My dog has some food allergies and Nutro Dog Food is available in varieties that he is not allergic to. I choose Nutro Dog Food Original Formula. I like that it comes in many different varieties and provides my dog with the nutrition that he needs to live a healthy, long life. Nutro Dog Food meets my dog's needs and my expectations very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

I want to see if my dog liked the taste of Wild Frontier. Unfortunately, my dog didn't care for the taste in the kind I bought. I did buy another and again, she didn't like the taste so I switched to Canidae brand. But Nutro Dog Food looked better than some of the other brands out there and I like the fact that they use natural ingredients in their food. However, they shouldn't use byproducts, add good meat instead of the junk meat pieces like leftover meat or ground bone meal and don't add any wheat, corn or peas to the food. A lot of dogs have sensitive stomachs and cannot digest those grains or proteins. I also liked that it was a holistic type of dog food without any added chemicals. The last time my dog a typical brand of dog food she ended up with itchy skin and diarrhea. She was miserable for a few weeks and then I switched dog food and she felt much better.

I have gotten great recommendations from people about the Nutro Dog Food, so I gave it a try. They are correct when saying that the dog food is great. The quality of food and the taste is good enough for me and my dog. Unless Nutro comes out with an even better food than this I am good. Also, the price and size of the bags are great. They have definitely met my initial expectations and beyond so I don't even have to look for new food for my dog.

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food High Protein-Grain Free product because I wanted a natural dog food that would help my dogs stay healthy. Nutro is a very good brand that offers all the vitamins and nutrients my dogs need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I like the fact that the dog food is not overly expensive. Plus my dogs really love the dog food. The other products my dogs did not like as much. The only aspect I would improve is making the product a little bit cheaper. My dogs tend to eat a lot so if it was cheaper I would buy more. As far as everything else, Nutro makes a very good product and I would recommend this.

Someone told me in the pet store my little dogs would like Nutro Grain Free. It's also gluten free, good for dogs with food sensitivities and the food is small enough for them which they like. And the bag is resealable and has chart on bag how to feed your size dog. My dogs continue to enjoy the dog food and it's more than met my expectations. Making it a little more affordable and making more coupons available would also be nice.

I like Nutro Dog Food's small pieces and it seems as though my dog can digest them easily. I can purchase it from my local pet store, and they always have the shelves fully stocked. I absolutely positively dislike the high price but other than that, this is a very good brand of dog food. I have a standard poodle and he seems to enjoy it better than the Costco brand that we were buying previously.

Lite & Weight Management - I think is was on sale and I was looking for a weight management product for my dog. It is sold at my favorite store, Petco. The salesperson said it is a highly rated food. It was not overpriced and my dog seemed to like it. Weight management foods are hard to find. It had the right nutrients in it to help manage my dog's diet. Very good product and dog seemed to like the flavor. But should be made for small breeds with smaller pieces. I think I also had to purchase a larger bag than I would have liked.

The dogs have been eating Nutro Dog Food for over five years. It comes in a small breed size and has a variety of vegetables and fruit. It does not smell bad. It always seems fresh, and tasty because the dogs still love it. Also, it is not too rich so it is easy on their digestive system.

I initially chose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free due to its high quality and superior nutritional value. I like the fact that the chunks are big and my dogs like the flavors and seem to enjoy their meals. I do not need to add anything into their food to get the dogs to eat. However, I would like the large chunk variety to come in additional flavors. It is unfortunate that there is only one flavor of large chunk food. While they like the flavor, I would like to offer them other options.

Nutro always offers highest quality dog food of all. Every time I bought this brand they never let me down. I like that this dog food is grain free and gives more protein from natural ingredients to boost my dog's energy level and always fresh and real ingredients for dog's health.

My dog has food allergies, and was losing her coat. A friend recommended Nutro Grain Free dog food and it definitely has met and exceeded my expectations. I was able to purchase a smaller bag to start before purchasing the larger dog food. I like that it helps maintain healthy skin, and coat. It's high in protein which helps keep my dog healthy. My dog isn't picky when it's feeding time and she eats all of it. Her poop is solid and easy to clean now. On the other hand, the cost is a little high for me and it would be better if there were more of a variety of shapes, but for larger dogs.

Wanted a better food for my dog and something he would enjoy and is good for him and his overall health. Nutro Grain Free is all natural, high in protein, great tasting, no color additives or chicken or beef byproducts and has no corn or fillers. I like everything about it. So does my dog. Good for his coat, and he loves the taste of it and he begs for it.

Nutro Grain Free Dog Food is made with products from the U.S. and has a high protein content. I’ve also been trying to get grain free food for my dogs. I worry about getting dog food from China and I do not want my dogs to get sick from bad food. My dogs did like the food, but Nutro is expensive for my budget. I have three dogs and the price of food is important to me. I wish that was a high quality food for my dogs that didn't cost so much money. I would purchase the food again if the price would go down. I could spend more on my dogs for a meal than myself.

First of all, my dog likes the food and it is a quality dog food that is good for my dog. No needless fillers. I like the fact this brand carries Lite and Senior dog food. My dog is a senior and she needs the lite versions as well. I have purchased for many years since my dog was a pup and she really liked this dog food. I think my dog had a sensitive stomach. Sometimes she would get sick when I purchased a new bag of dog food. I just stuck with Nutro and she seemed to keep it all down. However, this dog food is expensive and would make it much more convenient for me if it were available at more stores. Currently, I can only get this dog food at Petco or PetSmart.

I originally started using it because a previous dog that I owned had an extremely sensitive stomach and often vomited after eating other brands of dog food. Nutro had a rice and lamb formula that worked well for my dog and it is natural. Nutro makes several types of food. They also offer a senior food which works for my eight year old Border Terrier, but she is not always crazy about the taste. She would prefer table food which is a no-no in our house. It would be advantageous if they offered a more tasty food.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is the cheapest one I could find with no real side effects and idea that dog will love it and not leave it over for the cats to eat. It met the expectations but still difficult to open can when I have arthritis; needs a snap top. Can opener doesn't work well. Also, it would be nice if there are special offers to be able to buy in bulk at discount prices, and punch up the title so it's more attractive to prospective buyers. Give an incentive for trying the dog food by owners and increase distribution throughout more department store chains. I like that it doesn't weigh the dog down. Dog always finishes eating it without scraps, and price is very reasonable. It doesn't give odor, cleans teeth and doesn't leave dog breath. Overall, dog loves it as well as the cats. Food mixes well with human table scraps and dog looks forward to eating it.

Nutro is grain free and comes in different varieties my dog likes and has also protein for an healthy life. It also has different flavors and makes my dog very happy at any mealtime. My dog likes to eat High Protein-Grain Free and this is also very important to me. It also makes him eager to want some more after he emptied his bowl. I'm a satisfied customer with Nutro Dog Food and will buy it next time I'm going to the store again. SO Nutro is a good dog food I can recommend and not avoid.

I have been feeding Nutro to my dog for 4 years. Recent switch to new labeling and new formula of dog food, my dog is turning away from it. She won't eat it. I feel bad for her. Why the change?! Thankfully No stomach issues as some have written about! Now I have to investigate and find a food she will eat and is good for her and her coat. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I needed dog food and I had a coupon for Nutro Dog Food. Since I was in PetSmart, I decided that I would purchase Nutro Dog Food Grain Free. I have been using it for a while now and my dog loved it. It is a very high quality dog food. I loved that it was grain-free and had no additives or artificial ingredients. I like that the ingredient list had meat as the first ingredient too. But it was a little bit more expensive.

Original Formula - I like Nutro because it is nutritious for my dog and it feels comfortable eating your favorite food and it is very good brand. It also has very good services and many variety of products which is very good so my dog does not get bored of eating always the same. The only thing I do not like is that when buying it there is a lot of variety and I do not know what to choose. I do not decide for one in specific and I want to take everything to my house for my dog. This is an excellent brand and I love it and my dog too. I bought it first because I was in the store and there was not the one I always bought for my dog, so I buy some dog food. It's a brand that I recommend to people with eyes closed since it gives a very good feed to the dogs and also has for adult dogs.

We have two large Cane Corso dogs and it seems to satisfy them. The Lite & Weight Management product is advertised for large breeds and states that it includes wholesome essentials complete Dairy Nutrition, good grain, and non-GMO ingredients which I am sure is much healthier. They added rice to the lamb flavor which I know is especially appealing to our dogs. Wish the bag was not a heavy 50 lb bags. It would also be nice if they offered incentives on discounts maybe by UPC labels or something of that sort because it is expensive to feed two large breed dogs and the food does not last very long even in the 50 lb bag size.

First of all, I like that Nutro Original Formula is all natural and that it uses farm raised chickens. I assume that they are free range. I like that it also included whole grains and veggies that can help with digestion. I chose this product because I wanted to provide my dog healthy natural food. My dog is a member of my family so I want to take the best care of him so he can live a healthy, lengthy life. I would improve the packaging so that it pops and stands out from the other brands since there are many brands on the market. Also I would include more flavors so I can give my dog a variety.

I chose to purchase the Nutro's Wild Frontier product initially because of an in store promotion that sold it at a deep discount. I am really glad they had the promotion that day because I might not have taken a chance on the product at the MRSP as it does cost a lot more than leading brands. My dog loves it and I love to spoil her with the best but I am not always able to afford items in this price range. However I do realize that the ingredients in this blend are very costly compared to corn rice etc so in turn cost more at retail.

I like this Nutro product because it is full of pure food based ingredients like real meat from chicken and beef. I also liked the lack of additives. This is the diet wolves would eat today and my dog is a direct descendant of wolves, so in turn this must be the best diet for her. In general I like Nutro products because they care what is in their products above all. It has met and exceeded my initial expectations because my dog loves the flavor (it only lasts a few minutes in her bowl) and she has excelled in health and fitness while eating this dog food blend.

I like the flavors and texture and the odor smells great. Doesn't smell foul. My dog loves to eat it. His tail is wagging and want it more. He is excited when it is time to feed him. Nutor High Protein-Grain Free is great and healthy for my dog. This brand is fit very much to my pet dog. I would expect that this would be more contents and the cost is lower in order to get more products.

I was happy with the no grain in this product (High Protein-Grain Free). I liked that the product was easy for my dogs to eat. My little dog seems to like and the bigger dogs like it too. However, one thing I would change would be to include soft pieces so small dogs have an easier time chewing the pieces. Also, the cost of the product was a little high for my budget. Wish this product was less costly and have bigger bags that I could afford. I talked to a representative at the store and he explained the value of the purchase. However, I don't think I will purchase High Protein-Grain Free again because my little dog doesn't seem to like it anymore.

Nutro Grain Free is very innovative, unique, very beneficial, competitive and very trustworthy product. Made from natural and very high quality ingredients and balanced the weight of my dog. Very believable company and feeling proud. Very consistent of their ingredients that compels me to keep buying their product. My dog loves it. One thing needs improvement is more varieties and flavors of the product. Also it would be nice if they also have some petcare product as well for pets to try on.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile