Nutro Dog Food

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Very good value and highly reputable. Nutro dog food has met or actually exceeded my expectations. I like that it is a grain free recipe, that it had better quality ingredients. I really liked that it had the extra protein available. I also liked the weight of the bags.

Nutro (original formula) is made with real meat high protein compared to some other brands that have so much less protein per serving. The size and texture of each nibble is very well, neither too big or too small. It smells nice too. My dog enjoys it very much and looks forward to it every time. Overall I'm happy with this dog food. And it goes on sale or promotion often and I sometimes have a coupon for it as well.

I like that Nutro Original Formula dog food makes my dogs coat shiny and very healthy looking. My dog looks forward to eating this food every day. It seems like it's very easily digestible as well. It's perfect in every way and dog owners should try it. You would be happy that you did and will love it. It is a very high quality food and it has exceeded my expectations.

I tried Nutro dog food on the recommendation of a friend. My friend said that she tried Nutro Dog food on the recommendation of her friend. A good recommendation from word of mouth is so important from one dog lover to another. The Nutro Dog Food, original formula, was quality. My dogs were very content with the product and enjoyed their meal. It is important for me that my dogs enjoy their food, not just a nutritious meal but also a tasty meal that they look forward to eating. If I were to offer any recommendation it would be for more coupons to encourage people who have not tried the product to try the product.

Before I found this product I could not get my picky eater to eat anything other than table scraps. My veterinarian suggested trying this product. But, I did not have high expectations for this food because of the way my dog does not like dry food. However, I am now able to get my picky eater to eat this and it loves the taste. It also made his coat shiny and healthy. He is now overall more healthy after eating this product for the last 6 months. So much overall initial expectations were met and exceeded. I am very happy with this product and will continue to buy. The only thing that I did not like about this product was the price. But, I believe that this product is great and will pay for it.

My vet recommended Nutro High Protein-Grain Free and I have been very satisfied with this dog food product. My dog eagerly runs to his bowl to gobble it up. My dog loves it. Great quality, grain free, healthy, nutritious. I know I am giving my dog a food that will benefit his health. I feel like a smart consumer when I purchase this product. I have suggested to other dog owners they might want to purchase this dog food product for their own pet. This is a great dog food that delivers what it promises.

My mother purchases this brand for her dog and strongly recommended it to me. When I found out it is very affordable and also has many different recipes, I gave it a try. The only thing that I didn't care for with Nutro was the price of the dog food was pretty high. However, they have a free food program that helps with the cost. Also, it is nutrient rich food that is grain free. Has no additives or artificial flavors or ingredients. And I know what all of the ingredients are in this high protein-grain free dog food.

The food (Grain Free) is superior quality. I like the fact that it has no grains. I don't like feeding my dog grains or any additives. It has a good flavor that my dog enjoys and it is good for his health and his coat and skin. I think it is a higher quality than other brands, including other grain free brands. It is a more natural dog food and my dog does not get bored eating it. It has exceeded my expectations, but would like options for size of the kibble that is breed/size compatible. My dog is a large breed but eats in a hurry so I buy small size kibble to prevent choking and stomach problems.

High Protein-Grain Free Nutro Dog Food was recommended to me by a vet to keep my dogs' coat shinier and healthier in the long run. My dogs love the taste of the food. As soon as I go for the dog food they know it's coming and get so excited! They make it grain free so it's healthier for my two dogs and they give them way more energy to run and play all day long. However, the price of the food is a little high but you pay for what you get! Also, my dogs' poop smells terrible but I think that all dogs! Not just mine. Other than that, it has met my expectations above and beyond! All around great food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original reason for I chose this brand was because the breeder had suggested that I feed my Rough Collie nothing but lamb and rice formula dry dog food, as Rough Collies are known for having sensitive stomachs. Also my Vet suggested the Nutro brand of lamb and rice formula to keep her coat healthy and shiny. He also mentioned it helps maintain a healthy weight. The features I like about the Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) I bought is that it has limited ingredients with natural occurring vitamins with no gluten or corn, and is made for promoting a healthier immune system of my adult dog. I also liked that this dry dog food is in smaller bite size pieces. While the value is good, and she seems to have shinier coat now, for some reason she does not want to eat any from the second bag of the same food that I bought. Just an FYI that there may be an issue at the manufacturer's end.

After my puppy got sick on all the dog food we tried. He was eating white rice and scrambled eggs. He has stomach issues and cannot eat dog food with fillers and food dyes. My veterinarian suggested I try Nutro Lamb and rice formula. Bless their hearts, they saved my dog!!! This is the only dry food my little guy can eat and still hold it down. It is very gentle on my dog's tummy. He stopped throwing up and put on a little weight. But, they could make them in smaller bags like 2 or 3 lbs bags. Sometimes the bag is no longer fresh because it has sat too long on the shelf.

Nutro Dog Food is one of the brands that I love. From from the first moment in which to use for my pets, it makes them feel satisfied. It removes anxiety and regulates their intestinal processes. It have never caused my pets to become constipated. It has one of the best reputations in regards to the brand and for me it is one of the best brands and types of products that exist on the market today since it makes my pets acquire energy. The ingredients already contain high degree of proteins and minerals.

I like the grain free variety of Nutro dog food. My dachshunds have grain sensitivities and this food is a high quality, grain free food with no crazy additives or chicken meal fillers. It is a better brand than Purina or Iams. I trust the ingredients in Nutro and I find it comparable to Blue Buffalo, but more readily accessible, since I do not have to go to a Petco or Petsmart to find quality dog food. The products is a little pricey, so I wish it could be a little less expensive, but I am definitely willing to pay that price for my pets' health and wellness.

I made this choice because it seemed like a fair decision since it said grain free and was a decent price range for what I was looking for at that time. A lot of dog foods are not grain free and that is not something I want for my dog. But I still think they could do better in terms of the ingredients because there are still some better foods out there but they are more expensive, and sometimes I don't feel like I can spend that much on brands such as Blue Buffalo.

I tried Nutro Grain Free because my one dog is allergic to grain foods and since I had a $20 coupon I thought why not? It met my expectations and more. I like the fact that both of my dogs actually love the same dog food and since one is allergic to grains, this food is awesome. I have a dog with skin issues and this food not only appeals to him but keeps him from scratching. Buster tends to throw up from some foods and he didn't from this one. My Bubs is very picky so the fact that he loves it makes me wish I had more coupons. The only thing I dislike is the price. I need lots more coupons so I can afford to keep buying this food.

My veterinarian recommended that I start feeding my dog Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food about a year ago. It seems to have made quite a difference in my dog's overall health, plus, she no longer has super smelly farts as she did with other, cheaper brands. I like that it is made of all natural products and is specifically made for older dogs. It has no gluten, wheat or protein and it has glucosamine, which is great for my dogs joints. The only thing that I really dislike about the Nutro Senior Dog Food is that it's so darn expensive. Sometimes, I forego buying myself the healthy food I need in order to be able to afford Nutro Senior Dog Food for my dog.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free: Quality seems to be greater than other brands. I feel like my dog really prefers the taste of this product over other brands that we've tried feeding him in the past. My pet loves to eat it and I really enjoy feeding to him. I also like the product design and branding. Price could be a little more reasonable as I have a very large Lab that requires quite a lot of food on a monthly basis. I'm willing to pay for the high quality though over other cheaper brands. When I initially purchased, the dog food was on a great sale and so I gave it a try. My pet has loved it ever since so it's not that big of a deal.

Nutro Dog Food is grain free with fruits and vegetables and my dogs like the chicken flavor. I was pleasantly surprised that my pets are always excited when it is dinner time. It is healthier for my dogs, but I would like a healthy weight formula so they can eat more and not always seem hungry. Also, I would like the price to not cost me so much so I can feed it to them more often.

Nutro Grain Free was recommended by our vet and by other dog owners. They also have good reviews on pet websites. PetSmart had a great Black Friday sale on it and coupons are available at PetSmart, too. I read ingredients on bag and it looked better than the others we compared it to. It has no corn fillers and has all natural ingredients. It's available in most places that sell pet food. My dog loves it. My cat who is very picky even likes it too and steals from my dog. But I would like a loyalty program to reward frequent purchases, some added flax omega 3s, glucosamine, calcium and other bone strengthen minerals, and a canned version.

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free looked like a great choice. My dog loves it every time we buy him this type of dog food. I have three dogs and they all like it very much. Every time they always finish it pretty quick. That's how I know they love it. I sometimes buy other brands just to not feed them the same dog food all the time and every other they like also. These dog foods are a great meal for them. And it is good for them to always eat good quality dog food. Any dog would like eating this brand.

Initially purchased Original Formula because my dog's breeder used it. Once I took my dog to the vet for the first time and discussed her nutritional needs, the vet recommended Nutro. My dog loves it and I like giving it to her. Feel confident that the ingredients are safe and healthy for her. I like its quality, price, widely available, name brand, vet recommended, & helps keep her young & active. Have other dogs in the past and have always used this brand. Wish there were more variety in flavors, discount on price, possibly coupons or sales, would like sample packs so I can see if my dog will eat it before buying large bags.

Original Formula - Our dog is getting up in age and this product was recommended by our veterinarian. Senior brand of dog food has very much met our expectations, and more importantly, our dog enjoys it. Senior brand made of chicken, oatmeal, rice... Our dog enjoys this brand compared to others. He eats it every day and we have never experienced any problem with it. Great product with nutritional values for our dog. No need to improve his product... Quality brand of dog good. This company is aware of what is necessary to make our dog happy, satisfied, and healthy.

I worked in a pet shop a few years ago for 7 years and learned a lot about over 40 pets and Nutro is one of the best dog foods you can buy. They have been in business for many years. There is no artificial ingredients in Nutro Dog food. The Ultra is made and is great for smaller dogs. The dogs love it, is very healthy and is one of the top dog foods around.

Any dog food that is grain free is a better choice for us. I don't trust wheat or grain ingredients in dog food in general. Dog advisor.com rates dog foods and I follow their guide. Nutro met the nutritional expectations and my dogs liked the food and they tend to be picky. However, premium dog foods are more and more pricey and I wish there were more options for smaller bags because I have small dogs and I don't need 30 pounds of dog food. I would like a wider variety of flavors. Also, I always watch the ingredient list for meats being the first ingredients and absolutely no by-products. I watch for recalls as well and haven't seen any for Nutro.

I purchase Nutro because of prior experience with dogs I've had in the past. I also purchase Nutro treats for my dogs and they like those. I like that is grain free and high in protein. It has no fillers and is all natural. I always look for a dog food that has protein as its first ingredient, but I wasn't crazy about the overall aroma of the food and I wish it would have had smaller pieces seeing as how my dogs are small breed. I also found that the price was a little higher than I expected it would be.

I chose to purchase Nutro Grain Free because I thought the price was cheap and it could provide the nutritional value these two dogs need to help them grow bigger!! The ingredients in it are edible for them to digest!! I like the look of the dog food, the color of it, and the way my dogs respond to it when I'm in the kitchen getting their dog food ready for just them two!! I wish it was more unconventional though. The flavoring is kind of boring and not too many selections to switch up for my two dogs!! Also, the size of the food could be more worthy I think.

My dogs are super picky eaters. I went through numerous different brands. Nutro Wild Frontier dog food was great for the price and my dogs enjoyed it. I didn't know what to expect with this brand or the claims it made. But I'm glad I gave this brand a chance. Such a great decision I made for my dogs. I like the fact that my dogs enjoy meal time. It's a healthy and great option for my dogs who vary in size. I also like how the bag looks, the logo and design. It's easy to carry and looks neat. My dogs get excited when they see me come home with this dog food. It stands out from the rest of the brands. However, perhaps they should make bigger sizes with those who own multiple dogs. I would also like to receive coupons here and there. A rewards program is another great idea. Makes you feel like you're getting a good deal.

Nutro Dog food is healthier for the dogs. It's grain-free so it's better for them in the long term as well. We have tried a few different brands in the last year as well as a couple of the Nutro's options, we found that the dogs really like the Nutro grain-free options. However, they could lower prices a bit but could say that about almost all healthy dog food options. But, I do like that they are committed to making something healthy.

Without a doubt Nutro grain free dog food definitely has met, in fact, more than met my initial expectations. I originally chose Nutro dog food for its premium quality and flavor, it also came in grain free option which is so important as my dog has itching and an allergy to grain products. It is made with natural ingredients. My dogs seem to really like the chicken grain free variety and in fact is one of the few flavors they will eat. With a premium brand they do not need to eat as much either as it is not filled with empty calories. The price is the only area that could be improved upon. It's a little expensive. Otherwise, no dislikes.

I initially chose Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula) because of the quality of ingredients. I like that I can be sure my pup isn't eating the doggy equivalent of McDonalds. I read a lot of reviews when deciding which food to use and found that Nutro was moderately priced and had few complaints. I like that Nutro has a variety of flavors. If my pup gets bored with one flavor I can switch it up to keep him interested. I also like that they differentiate between large and small breeds. I purchase the largest bag of large breed food. I also appreciate the variety of stages. I have used Nutro since Midas was a puppy and am currently giving him the adult formula. I intend to use Nutro for his entire life barring any unforeseen issues. The main thing I dislike about Nutro is that I have to go to a specialty store to purchase it. I would love it if were available in my regular grocery store.

My older dog has developed some digestive issues, so we began experimenting with different flavors/brands of kibble to see what she could eat. My dogs like Wild Frontier and seem to digest it well. My younger dog is very picky, but she eats it up. It has met our expectations, but we might have to try different flavors once in awhile for the younger dog, who gets bored. Also, I'd like slightly bigger kibble. The older one wolfs it down pretty quickly, and smaller pieces are gulped too fast. I'd like it to have a little more meat in it.

A friend worked at Petsmart and she recommended Nutro Dog Food. I read that it was good dog food. The dogs like and appear to enjoy it. They are very good dogs and I am so happy that I have healthy, happy dogs. The dogs are the joy of my life and I am very happy with the dog food. I would not change anything about the dog food. It could be free but really the price is reasonable.

I use to buy just whatever was on sale but once I did research found that some dog food is not good for your dog and can make them sick and overweight. I don't want that. I want a happy and healthy dog. I like that Nutro Grain Free is very high protein and no corn or preservative. I want real and simple ingredients. My dog is a picky eater but loves the taste and that is important too. However, sometimes it is hard to find and I have to order in bulk online so I do not run out cause it can take a month for local store to get back in stock.

Nutro Dog Food Company Profile