4.43/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Nutro Dog Food

The Nutro Company has been committed to creating natural and delicious dog food since 1926. As pioneers in the natural pet food industry, each ingredient is carefully chosen with a purpose, to provide the best nutrients for man's best friend.

We know your dog's health is important to you, and it's our promise to deliver quality dog food at a price that won't break the bank. You can trust that our ingredients and processes are carefully monitored so you can focus on enjoying time with your best friend. Read what our customers have to say and then check us out for yourself!

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 26, 2017

2865 Nutro Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

My vet recommended I purchase the Nutro High Endurance. My dog was having dry skin problems along with irregular BM texture and smell and, I am overly happy that my vet offered such a great choice. I like plenty of things about Nutro dog food; it helps my dog to have a normal looking and smelling BM, I know exactly what is in the product, and my dog loves the taste of any Nutro product I have bought. I wish it could be less expensive but, that's what you get when your feeding your dog healthy food!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

It has no by-products or fillers and has all vitamins and nutrients needed for a healthy and happy dog. Allows for a better, productive and more nourishing feeding time and not eating just to fill the tummy. Also, great taste if my dog is eating it. The Nutro High Endurance makes my dog happy, therefore, it keeps both of us happy.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Dog's weight was decreasing. He was eating but he still lost weight. I bought Nutro High Protein-Grain Free and fed it only and he ate better. I like Nutro grain free dog food. It doesn't have the added fillers like other brands of dog food and it seems to be easier for my dog to digest. I bought Nutro to provide the essentials my dog needs to gain weight and he has gained 4 pounds so far and going. He likes it and seems to have more energy. I plan to feed only Nutro products. It has more than met my expectations and I have decided to put 9 of my dogs on it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Nutro Lite & Weight Management was recommended to me by my vet. It has met my expectations as my dog has energy and has lost weight on the product. It is healthy for my dog and there has been no issues with him not eating it. Plus it is all natural and not grain based. Also, it is visually appealing. I like the product but the packaging branding could use some work. It does not seem modern enough. I think that a branding update would make it more appealing. I will continue to use the product though.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free food met my initial expectation in that it is mostly made from natural protein that has not been added things like antibiotics. I liked the quite varied, different sources of protein, especially lamb and chicken. These also include sources like chickpeas, chicken meal, pea protein, dried potatoes etc. Also essential minerals, vitamins, oils and fiber are the important ingredients. But I would like the carbohydrate level to be more than the present level. Also there is no probiotics on the list of ingredients. Alfalfa meal I know mostly to be associated with horse food, so not too sure about that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NUTRO Pet Foods?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Nutro Dog Food (Lite & Weight Management) is 100 percent all natural and does not contain any artificial or man made or modified ingredients on any of their dog food varieties which is very positive and unique to this brand of dog food. The main ingredient is always natural vegetables and always contain only real chicken and meat products.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Nutro Lite & Weight Management is a much healthier food for my dogs than many brands. It is a flavor that both of my dogs like, which is very important to me. It even has a nice smell to it that I would think please my dogs. However, I would like to see it a little more reasonable in price but it is from a well known brand so I don't mind splurging for the dog. It is also important to me also that my dogs stay a healthy weight.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I like the fact that Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is dry and not wet so there is less of a mess in the house. I also like the name. It has the most nutrition for my dog and he likes this brand unlike others which he won’t eat. Nutro helps my dog stay strong and energetic. The food also is grain free and that would help my dog digest. But the portion size is a bit small and sometimes my dog doesn't like it. My dog is small though so the portion size doesn’t really matter but I wish it would be better.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Nutro is a great company making great food, healthy & no unwanted ingredients. The Lite & Weight Management is a high quality food that my dogs can eat to maintain a healthy weight, but don't have to compromise on flavor & nutrients. Brown rice & sweet potato are very good for them, farm raised chickens and no by products and GMO. I decided to buy this food because my female Chihuahua was having problems with a sensitive stomach. Also, it is made in the USA and the price was not too high. Plus, I really liked the logo and design of the bag.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I appreciate the Nutro Dog HIGH PROTEIN-Grain Free product. I want my dog to have energy and this assists with giving an animal energy. I read the ingredients in several brands of dog food while I visited the DOG FOOD STORE and I appreciated the ingredients in Nutro Dog Food. High Protein is very important in keeping my dog well therefore I chose it over the other dog foods. It is the best dog food because of its ingredients that are beneficial to the health of my animal that I love. I will use this product as long as I have an animal to feed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My vet told me that my dog has a grain allergy so we switched to freaking free food. One is picky but would eat Nutro High Protein-Grain Free so we switched to it. They both love the food. I try to feed them better dog food to keep them healthy and I feel good about giving Nutro to them. It has helped my dog with the grain allergy. He no longer gets raw spots on his back and the other dog will eat it too. It would be nice to have some variety to the food though.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I like that there are a variety of sizes to choose from. There are different mixtures and textures that fit the needs of my array of dogs. The prices are affordable and they are a proven product that keeps becoming more and more healthier as time goes on. Also, they have all of approvals that I expect to see on the bag or box when purchasing healthy dog food. The Nutro High Endurance is also recommended by my animals vet. Although there is a variety of food blends, they don't include some of the choices that my dogs particularly like. Some of the blends my dogs won't even attempt to eat, but all in all, it is my favorite brand to purchase. As long as they keep producing different flavors and blends fish, salmon, duck, chicken, and quail I will continue to purchase from my local supplier.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My dog was allergic to every dog food we tried, so I did some research on ConsumerAffairs.com. I found that Nutro dog food had great reviews and one type was free of beef and chicken. I ordered the lamb and rice formula and my dog was NOT ALLERGIC to it. My dog's skin rashes cleared up and I have now kept her on this food for 1 1/2 years. I recommend this to anyone who has a dog with beef and chicken allergies. Another great thing about this dog food is that my dog devours it! She LOVES it!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Had very high expectations on this food (Nutro with Lamb) - great reviews were everywhere. Really disappointed!! My healthy American bulldog mix started having a diarrhea and skin issues after two weeks on this. Before that, we had another HORRIBLE food from the same company (aka Pedigree - beware! the worst food ever!) Now, I will never purchase ANY product from Mars, especially dog food. I won't recommend this to anyone. Now we ordered another food from the company that is focused ONLY on a dog food, not just profit.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I bought a brand new bag of Dog food for my dog and found a dead Rat in the bag of dog food which I fed half of it to my dog. I picked it up while scooping it up to feed my dog. I've never had a rodent in my place nor was it possible for one to get into this tiny opening. We have been with this brand for almost 6 years and we're thrilled with the quality until this happened. I called customer service and they treated me like crap and only offered my money back. They didn't sound like they were thrilled with keeping me as a customer at all. I would not recommend this brand or company to anyone.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My dog stopped eating and the man at the pet store suggested Nutro Dog Food (Original Formula). My dog is a Yorkie and is very picky with what she eats. She ate the food for a little while and then stopped eating again. I didn't like the price and have to drive farther to get it so that wasn't good. I could have had it shipped, but that was also an extra cost. I don't always drive farther out so I was having to make special trips just for 1 bag of food and that to me was a waste of gas. Nevertheless, I liked that it had many options as far as flavors and grain free or not. It didn't seem to upset my dog's stomach either.

Original review: July 13, 2017

High Protein-Grain Free: I like that it's all natural, grain free, high protein, real meat is the first ingredient has veggies and nutrients my dog needs to live a very healthy lifestyle, good for bones. It doesn't need change other than could include more variety of flavors and include more unique flavor varieties such as sweet potato. I did some research online and found it to be a top notch brand that is all natural and does not include anything artificial or fake and no filler, corn wheat or soy. Worth the price.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I chose Nutro Dog Food Original Formula because it seems to be better for my pet. Which is very important to me and for her health. Healthier food for my dog means that she won’t become overweight and that helps my mind rest at ease. Better food for my pet means that my little raisin gets the best food that is there for her. Nutro is a premium brand. However, I don’t like the packaging. The packaging to me is very bland and more color would be better for the brand. Other than the packaging being on the stale side, the font and everything is really really nice.

Original review: July 13, 2017

All the ingredients are strictly listed on the side and I can see exactly what is going into my dog. The nutrients are also labeled with percentages and most importantly my dog enjoys them. My friend had a pet who was really particular about dog food. Seems her dog would only eat organic which she did not know the dog food she was feeding her dog was not completely organic. She did some research and came across the Grain Free Nutro dog food and recommended it to me. I do not dislike anything about Nutro dog food but the percentages of the ingredients should be listed and not just the percent of nutrients.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Nutro always provide quality food for my dog that she always enjoys to eat and she seems to enjoy the flavor. And I chose Nutro (Original Formula) because of the quality of the ingredients and the consistency of the brand. There are also many varieties for different diets and they have anything that will fit your lifestyle.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Nutro Grain Free has the best reviews for grain free dog food. I like that it is grain free since my dog is allergic to grains. I also like that it is available in different sizes so that if I am tight on money I can get a smaller bag to hold me and my dog off till I can buy a big one. It has definitely met expectations. My dog’s allergies have gotten significantly better ever since I started him on this grain free dog food. But I would improve the variety of pieces' size and hardness. My dogs are old and sometimes big hard pieces are hard for them to chew.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The protein in the meal how to help the dog out my doctor doesn't alway have the right protein so they recommended I get Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food to help the dog out. It really worked. It is an amazing food so y'all should try it. Nutro dog food have met my expectation.

Original review: July 13, 2017

A friend of mine used Nutro for her dogs and recommended it to us. We decide to give Lite & Weight Management a try and our dogs seem to like it over other popular name brands. It is healthy for my dogs which is important to us, the price is reasonable, and we like that it has been around for a long time. I would like to be able to offer my dogs a variety of flavors but when we switch around within the Nutro brand flavors my dogs get an upset stomach so we stick to the same flavor.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I had heard good things about Nutro Farm's Harvest from friends. They recommended it and I tried it and have loved it ever since. The price and packaging are great. My dogs loved it and they ate it up. They beg for it and like it as much as the Blue Buffalo brand which is really, really expensive.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Nutro High Protein-Grain Free is one of the best things that I gave my pets in their lives. It tastes really good for our pets since they can't stop eating. It helps me a lot to feed my pets. The dog and the cat loves it very much. Also, it has a lot of very good nutritious stuff in it and it helps me a lot to feed my pets. So it's very good and I love it. It is also not that expensive.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Dogs are not meant to eat corn and I don't like corn based food with a lot of grains in it and also suspect preservatives. I like meat as the first ingredient. I bought Nutro (Original Formula) because of the meat based ingredients and it being a quality food. My dogs like it and I like the ingredients. It met my expectations. My dogs are Chinese Crested and can be sensitive. It did not cause any gas or stomach or skin issues. I dislike the premium price as I am disabled and money is an issue but I get the best I can afford for my pets as they mean the world to me.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I read a review of Nutro Wild Frontier Dog food that was quite positive, so I checked it out and read the ingredients, and was impressed, especially with the grain free variety. It has ingredients more like what a dog in the wild would eat, and the particular variety I bought has no grains. Instead of chicken and beef, it has things like duck and fish. The price is higher than most others however considering the quality of the ingredients, I would say it is pretty fairly priced.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have read that the Nutro brand is wholesome for my dog and doesn't contain artificial ingredients. It doesn't contain mostly, for example, corn. It comes in different texture and flavors. The texture is perfect for my dog who is old and has a hard time chewing some foods. My dog likes the taste and seems to enjoy eating the Nutro food (Original Formula). It improves his overall health. The price is a little higher than other foods but is worth the cost since my dog likes it. Also, it is not sold in all stores. If I had to improve anything about it, I would make it available in wholesale food stores.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Grain free is much better for dogs because in the wild they wouldn't be eating grains. Many dogs are overweight and sluggish because they can't digest grains very easy. The dog food is a little on the expensive side but so are all the other wholesome brands. It is hard to find though because not every store carries this brand. The food was fine and the dogs liked it well but we have since switched to a different brand that is carried at our local store. We can also order it online and still get a discount.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I want the food to be both tasty and healthy for my dog. It should be easy to store and to give to my dog, good for teeth and health of dog. I chose Nutro High Protein-Grain Free dog food because it would give my dog a change from the other dog foods. I get it easily from my regular grocery store as well as at other stores near my house. It is easy to store and to dish out to my dog. It is a complete dog food. My dog is healthy and loves the food.

Nutro Dog Food Company Information