Shop Now

3. Dog Food

5.0/5 (56 ratings)
Shop Now  on Chewy

About Diamond Pet Foods

Diamond dog food specializes in nutrient-rich formulas that contain healthy levels of protein, fiber, fat and probiotics to support pet growth, energy and digestive health. Diamond dog food is formulated with ingredients such as beef, pork, chicken and salmon that contain high levels of protein, and the company provides specific recipes for all sizes of dogs and each stage of a pet’s life.

Pros

• Grain-free formula available
  • Wide range of special formulas
  • Available online from retailers
  • Guaranteed probiotics in all recipes

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Only sold at authorized retailers

Bottom Line

Diamond dog food offers a wide range of highly nutritious formulas for all stages of a dog’s life. Diamond can be pricier than other brands, but each formula provides essential nutrients not found in some pet foods.

Diamond Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Pet Foods?

Original review: July 1, 2021

We've been using Diamond Pet Foods for probably 30 years and as the different foods have evolved, we ended up going with the Diamond Naturals. It's reasonable, has good ingredients and not too many recalls, which a lot of them has. We use the chicken and rice, which is the All Life Stages. We're a breeder and when we started it, that worked well for us. We could feed the dogs from when they were puppies. But we mixed in the lamb and rice as well as the beef and rice to give our dogs variety so they were not on the same thing all the time.

We like Diamond. We’ve never had an issue with the quality of the food. We get the little sample packs and the brochures from Diamond but a number of times, I got the puppy samples but not the brochures because they were out. I'd like to see them both. It helps push along Diamond’s product if the people that we send home with the puppy samples have the brochures to look through too.

Original review: June 30, 2021

There was a surprise litter of puppies from a dog that I was fostering last year and it was in March when they started eating food. Diamond Pet Foods was what was available at the small dog food place in town and the puppies ate it. Then, I kept using it and have used it for my dogs because they've become adults. I called and asked the folks if they had little sample packs and they gave me a bunch so I could send them out with the puppies that I adopted out, which was helpful. So, they had food to go with them. Diamond is inexpensive, as far as a well-made dog food goes. I used to feed my dog Taste of the Wild but now that I have two enormous dogs, I can't afford that anymore. So, affordability for quality is what's keeping me going with it.

Original review: June 8, 2021

With my min pins and my dogs under 12 months, we use the Diamond small breed puppy food. Then, once they turn adult age, we switch over to the red bag, the beef, because I don't like feeding chicken, but I know that's the only brand they have in the puppy food. So, we get off chicken as soon as we can. Then, for the mastiffs, I do the large breed puppy. Once I get them off the puppy food, I give them the red bag as well. With other dog food, it was like they were never full. They would always eat it and we would go through so much dog food. With Diamond, two bags last me two weeks and that is a lot. That saves so much and it fills them up. They're very active and their coat is very thick and shiny too. I love Diamond. I also love the samples they send me. They're so professional-looking.

Original review: May 20, 2021

We breed Great Danes. We were using SPORTMiX for a while and it really didn't work out well with our dog's stomach. There was a whole giant feed on Facebook about how awesome Diamond was for our breed so we switched over to Diamond Naturals and we've been using it and recommending it ever since. Our dog now has solid bowel movements, which is amazing. He has allergies and he has a sensitive tummy. The chicken and rice formula works really well for him. He also has a shiny and soft coat. There's no wiry or frizzy hair.

We signed up for Diamond's breeder program so they send us the small bags to hand out. We send them with all of our puppies and we tell all the new puppy families that they should use that formula. I only wish that there was an easier way to contact Diamond when I have a litter. That would be nice. I always submit the Contact Us form and it's not the best way. Beyond that, we're completely satisfied with the product itself.

Original review: May 16, 2021

We use The Diamond natural and it contributed a lot to our dog's health. No yeasty ears, no yeasty feet and maintains weight at an even rate. They never get really skinny and they never get really fat. I always recommend my people who buy my dogs never change them. I can tell right away when they change their food because they're calling me, "What's wrong with my dog? He must have fleas. He's scratching a lot." I say, "Did you change the food?" "Yes." I say, "Put him back." However, I can't find the puppy biscuits anywhere since December. I also don't get a sample of the little biscuits for my people. As a breeder, it's very important that they continue with the same product because the cookies don't have all the other things that people need, like the corn and those fillers that they put in.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I'm a small-time dog breeder and I notice that my dogs and puppies are healthy with Diamond. I use the Hi-Energy for the dogs and then the Puppy Diamond when they’re little. I love it. We just had a litter of six and I'm expecting a litter any day from my other one. I love to put a little sample bag in the bags that I sent home that Diamond sent me at one other time. I was gonna see if I could do that again and so they were on my list to call.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I like the fact I can get a big bag of Diamond at my local Tractor Supply store at a very competitive and reasonable price. No crazy tv or radio commercials and always got plenty in stock. I also donate your brand to the food bank as they are always looking for dog food as many people struggling to feed pets as well.

Original review: May 2, 2021

We have multiple dogs and I've found that all of them like the Diamond Pet Foods. They used to like a food at first and then not want it, which we haven't found that to be the issue with Diamond. It works for us because then we're not running around buying all different varieties and brands of food. Also, one of my dogs has allergies and that seemed to clear up. I'm satisfied.

Original review: May 1, 2021

We use the Diamond Pet Foods puppy for our puppies, and then we use the premium adult for our adult dogs. The dogs seem to have good energy. They're healthy and we've never had any sickness or illness with them.

Original review: April 21, 2021

We have some friends who are in the dog breeding business and Diamond is what they have always used and recommended to us. So, we started using it and we love it. We use the Adult All Life Stages for the adults, and then we use the Small Breed Puppy, and the Diamond Natural for both. The dogs do well after their litters. Their coats always looks nice, and they have solid stools. Just overall good health. Diamond always provides us with sample packets to send home with the people who buy our puppies. We always thought that was very nice of them. Also, they are always quick to respond whenever I need to email them and ask them for new samples, and they get them shipped out quick.

Diamond Pet Foods Company Information