Shop Now

2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

4.0/5 (864 ratings)

About Chewy.com

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: May 1, 2021

We have a Cocker Spaniel with an itchy skin issue. We keep her well protected during the summer months with flea medicine, but she still winds up itching a LOT. The rest of the year is not much better for her. I give her special baths with soap specifically for the itching. It gives her a day, maybe two of relief. Now enter EverRoot Dog Skin and Coat Supplement Liquid Packs!

The first thing that I loved about this product for her is that the oil is a bit thicker than I thought it would be, and it is peanut butter flavored. When I give the supplement to her before bed every night, she thinks that she is getting a treat and laps up the oil excitedly most likely because of the peanut butter flavor. It took a couple of nights but her itching has subsided tremendously! There have been so many nights that I thought someone was knocking at our bedroom door, but it was always just Mabel scratching herself right up against the door. The last few nights have been wonderful for all of us!

I've also noticed when I pet her that her coat feels smoother and looks wonderful. The supplement comes in a box of 14 individual, easy-to-use packets; one for every day for two weeks. The product is well worth the cost to keep Mabel comfortable especially because even though she LOVES swimming, she is not fond of the bath, not to mention that any soap if used too often strips a dog's coat of its natural oils. We are so happy to have found EverRoot supplements for dogs. I'm excited to try a couple of the other types for our fur baby.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

If I could give 10 stars, I would. My cat was diagnosed with diabetes about a month ago and needed diabetic management food which is when I turned to Chewy.com...They were the cheapest! I ran into a snag when getting the approval for the prescription diet due to my maiden name being listed with Chewy.com and my married name with the vet hospital BUT Chewy emailed me with status updates and after a few days I called them and a real person answered the phone! Within 1 phone call the situation was solved and approval was received from my vet while I held for a few minutes. They even gave me a discount due to the delay.

About 3 weeks later my cat, Chunk, stopped eating for 2 days which is when we found out he had a large mass in his stomach, fluid in his abdomen and lymphoma. I called Chewy.com to cancel my autoship order since we had to send Chunk to heaven. This is where the 10 stars comes in...3 days later a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered from them with condolences regarding Chunk. I think it says a lot about a company when they pay attention to detail, discount your order for a minor delay (which was my error), customer service is a human and most importantly the care they show for their customers. What an incredible company which I would highly recommend to anyone! Plus they deliver (added bonus)!

Original review: July 31, 2020

The day my husband and I had to put our beloved 18-year-old cat, Magellan, to sleep, we returned home, tear-stained and sniffling, to discover a huge box of his prescription food from Chewy sitting on our front porch. About $250 worth. The following day, I pulled myself together to call Chewy.com and find out if I could return the food. Not only was customer service representative empathetic, caring and helpful, she issued me a full return on the entire shipment, plus an additional return for a bag of food that we hadn't opened yet. When I asked how I should return everything to them, the customer service agent said that I could keep it all.

Keep in mind that this happened as the COVID pandemic was first peaking, so not having to go to the post office to mail large, heavy boxes was a relief. Even better, when I said I would like to donate the food, they encouraged me to do so. They literally donated $300 dollars of expensive prescription cat food to us and we passed it on, along with dozens of unopened cans for which we hadn't requested a refund, to the Pinellas Humane Society. The total donation was about $500 of both dry and canned food, and Chewy.com made most of that possible.

If this didn't sell you on ordering your pet products through Chewy.com, this will. A few days after Magellan's death, the Chewy's customer service representative sent us an incredible bouquet of flowers because of our tragic loss. I was without words and that doesn't occur often. I'd only recently begun ordering from Chewy.com, but now I'm a customer for life. The best part is that Chewy.com's prices are better than any of the big name pet stores I've visited, and they really do treat their clients like family. Thank you, Chewy.com. You and your team made a terrible day better for us and for the all the kitties at the Pinellas Humane Society. You are truly wonderful people...and I will never stop sharing this story of your incredible generosity and kindness. Cristy, Tampa, FL

Original review: July 8, 2020

I have been ordering from Chewy.com for nearly a year for our dog Foster and have always been pleased. This past Saturday on July 4, it was apparent he was not well. He was old and had been diagnosed with Liver cancer as well as suffering from arthritis. We knew this day was close but still were absolutely heartbroken to realize the only loving and compassionate thing was to let him go so we did. He was tired and I truly believe he was gone before the final injection. We miss him more than I can even begin to put into words.

I had received an order of prescription dog food from Chewy.com the day before and had not opened the packaging yet. My order had been a bit over $80.00 so I was hoping I could return it. Chewy.com said not to worry about returning the food and refunded not only that order but also the previous order from June!! I was stunned when I saw my banking the next day. I told Natalia at Chewy that I would donate the food to a shelter and found a rescue group that is also an old dog sanctuary that I will be donating the food to as well as various items of our sweet Foster. I was so impressed and had posted this experience to Facebook and had several friends mention that they were going to start ordering from Chewy after hearing about my experience.

That went beyond my expectations. Well today a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and a sweet sympathy card arrived and my husband and I were absolutely stunned at the thoughtfulness and compassion of Natalia and Chewy.com. I have had dogs and cats my whole life and have loved each of them but there was something a bit more special about Foster. Maybe because I am older and was able to spend more time with him but we adored that dog and this has been a tough week for us. I again went on Facebook and sang my praises for this wonderful company that went beyond what I ever could have expected. I cannot imagine buying my pets food and supplies anywhere else. I am forever touched and grateful. As long as I have pets (we also have 3 rescue kitties) I will be a customer. Chewy.com is the best!!!

Original review: July 2, 2020

I'm a bit shocked at some of the reviews I see here, but most of them pertain to prescriptions so maybe it's an issue with that specific department. I've had nothing but great experiences with this company, but my experiences were solely with ordering and receiving pet supplies (wet and dry cat food, cat litter, litter supplies). I've been using Chewy since last year, and I was very happy with their shipping services and auto-ship. I usually received my orders on the day promised, every once in a while a day later. Not a huge deal - I plan around that and always make sure I keep a couple extra cans of food on hand for delays.

Once the pandemic hit, Chewy was (understandably) overwhelmed by the influx of people looking to order as many supplies as they could online. This caused my normal auto-ship to be severely delayed. After about 2 weeks of no movement on my auto-ship, I decided it would better to just stock up on food at the grocery store. I emailed Chewy to ask that they cancel my pending auto-ship since I was unable to do so through the website.

It just so happens that the day a representative responded was the same day my order finally shipped. Since the rep couldn't stop it, they said they would refund me anyway and I was either welcome to keep it, or donate it to a local animal shelter if it wasn't needed. I was pleasantly surprised, and it was a wonderful gesture.

I stopped any future auto-ships once it was clear that the pandemic wasn't going to be resolved anytime soon, and it was just easier to stock up every other week when I went to get human groceries. However, now that things are semi-normalizing, I decided to try auto-ship again. I placed an order at 11:27am yesterday. It was at my front door my 11:02am this morning. 24-hour turn around time - amazing! Great company, great people. Give them a try - you won't be sorry!

Original review: May 7, 2021

I purchased the PetSpy M919 Dog Training Collars (2/set) for my two dogs on March 7, 2020. They worked very well for 13 months. One of the collars died - could no longer sync it with the remote - the sync button stayed depressed. Three days later, the remote died. I called Chewy to see if they would replace the set. I was told their computers do not allow them to accept a replacement for merchandise that was purchased longer than a year ago.

I asked to speak with a manager, as it was almost exactly one year and one month since I purchased the set. The manager told me the exact same thing. I did my own research on the PetSpy website, and found I could not replace the remote battery because it's built into the remote, but they are made to last at least two years. I told the manager this, and he still would not replace the set. I've purchased several things from Chewy, but I won't again. I had just set up an auto-ship with them for dog food, and I canceled it. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I had to just stop auto orders from Chewy because our dog passed away. I was having trouble online so I called a customer rep. She was so very thoughtful and took care of everything. Imagine my surprise the next day when I answered the door and here was a bouquet of flowers sent by Chewy!

Original review: April 27, 2021

I am not one to write reviews but felt compelled because of such great customer service. I had to put my sweet dog Dexter down last week. When I called to cancel the automatic shipments, Luis at Chewy.com, refunded the money for Dexter's food and he sent my condolence flowers! Luis and Chewy went above and beyond! They have my business!! Thank you for making such a hard time a little more bearable.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I bought a bird cage for around $100. While it was being shipped, sadly, my bird died. I was imagining a hassle shipping the cage back, getting a credit, etc. BUT NO! Chewy sent me a very kind letter expressing sympathy for the loss of my bird. They gave me an immediate credit and told me to donate the cage to a shelter. I've never had something like that happen before. Wow! How nice was that??

Original review: April 24, 2021

I called the Chewy customer service on a Saturday morning in a complete tizzy over my pet. Angela at chewy was so patient and helpful. By the end of our conversation she had given me a few different options on how to get the medications my pet needed in a hurry. My situation is a complicated one and she understood exactly what I was asking for even though I was not very good at explaining it. From now on I will always go to chewy for my pets medications, food, toys and anything else concerning my pets. Thank You Angela and Chewy.com.

Chewy.com Company Information