2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Customer orders are fulfilled directly - without the help of other partners or resellers. This allows them to send only quality product. In addition to pet food and essential products for your pet, Chewy is a licensed and accredited Pharmacy, making them a one-stop shop for all your pet needs.

Chewy is also committed to giving back by supporting non-profit organizations that assist animals in need through Chewy’s Rescue and Shelter Network.

Chewy.com Shop Now

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I buy a LOT of cat food - my Chewy orders are over $100 each week and I've been buying from them for a few years now so I wanted to leave a general review (not product specific) and alert people to their excellent customer service. I have auto-ship for myself and my elderly neighbor across the street (2 separate auto-ships set up which is nice) and about a year ago we were having issues with damaged shipments. All it took every time was a call to Chewy customer service and the problem was fixed. They would send out replacement cases for the damaged packages with no hassle at all. I would have gladly sent a picture to prove what I was referring to but they never asked. That problem seems to be handled as we have not received any damaged in quite some time.

But they also will send you replacements if there is something wrong with the food otherwise. Case in point, one of the varieties I have bought for years now is Fancy Feast Chunky Chicken (pate). Never a problem...until recently I ordered 3 cases along with other foods, and all 3 cases had a different texture to the food (like a mousse & chunks rather than pate ground & chunks). Cats were turned off but I've sprinkled FortiFlora on it or put a few treats on top and they'll eat it. I phoned the manufacturer who assured me they have not changed their formula, and there had been no issues, so then I felt better and understand maybe something went wrong in the mixing with my batch...

So I called Chewy and explained the issue, the CSR took down all the information I gave her about the consistency of the food, and I offered to provide her the date, time, and name of the lady I'd talked with at Purina, however she said, "no that's alright", and she was sending me out replacement cases for my previous order.

Unbelievably excellent customer service, every time I have to call them. They are wonderful and you get your orders super-fast normally by the next day or at least the day after that. Amazing to say the least. I used to go to Petco all the time or PetSmart, and now I get to have it delivered to my home, anytime I want, and it is SO convenient. I think many people do not call them if there is an issue, and then they just complain and give them bad reviews both on their site and elsewhere, which is unfair. Give them a call so they can help and make it right. I give them a 5-star rating!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I am a young adult, therefore it is rare I go to companies for specific customer service, rather just to get something. It's pleasant when I receive good customer service but for the most part if I need something it doesn't matter how I get it. I am the proud owner of my very first dog (by myself, the other dogs were family dogs) and I was nervous about giving her everything she deserves. My parents have always raved about getting stuff online at Chewy, but I genuinely despise ordering/shopping online for anything because I can't see it or touch it before purchasing and it takes so long to get to me - I have a thing for instant gratification. My doberman pinscher rottweiler has a very sensitive digestive system so I needed to order special food for her, so I went to chewy's website so I could get a discount on autoship. After creating a portal I put in all of my girl's info like birthdate and even a picture of her.

Any time I called chewy I was greeted by the most friendly, positive, upbeat and authentic people I have ever been on the phone with, and it seriously made the rest of my day better. After a while I canceled the autoship so I no longer went to the website, however a few months ago was my birthday. I received something in the mail from chewy and I was confused because I didn't order anything, and all of my close loved ones swore they didn't order me/my dog anything for my birthday. I open it up and it is the most beautiful and realistic hand painted portrait of my dog and a sweet handwritten card saying that the chewy family hopes I enjoy the painting and have a good birthday.

I am not being dramatic here - I was in tears. This was such a small thing that such a large company did not need to do but they went out of their way for one single customer. It wasn't a discount or a free toy or some computer generated message. They put in time, effort and money for me. I was shook and elated. I framed it and put it on my wall, and I will keep it forever.

Fast forward and now it's my dog's birthday this Sunday. I checked my mailbox and sure enough chewy had handwritten a card for her saying happy birthday. These little things are just so big to me and are so special. I have never experienced a company like this one. Y'all are too good. When shopping or needing something for a pet, so dear to our hearts and families, it is crucial to get the right stuff and the best stuff. Like I said at the beginning of what is now a short essay, if you need something, it doesn't matter how a company behaves (for the most part) you will get it. So having chewy make buying things for our fur babies pleasant, easy and fun is monumental. Thank you so much chewy. I will always support and shop with you.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I am a new customer to Chewy.com and this is how they treated me; I bought from them a case of vet prescription food for my sick 18yo cat. I’ve been trying to keep him alive so the vets could figure out what was wrong with him. He went from 27lbs to 8lbs in just a few years. No diet change. Hungry as ever, just was losing weight. Blood tests showed normal. With my first Chewy order, they sent me an email wanting to know all about my two cats. No i letters. Just caring emails from the employees. Then I had to return one order because I thought the cans would be smaller. They refunded me the cost of the food and instead of returning it, they suggested I could donate it to a shelter. Nice. But back to my sick cat and how Chewy turned everything around for me..

When I received that last order of the script cat food, my Lucky was too far gone and I had to put him to sleep. I wrote to Chewy and told them I’d be glad to send the food back as it was still in the box, unopened. Again, they refunded me the cost and suggested donating the food. But what they did the next day is really why I’m writing this review. I had a knock on my door and buried in my bed, I contemplated not answering it, but I live with my bedridden mother so it may have been an in home caregiver. Wasn’t that. A lady stood at my doorstep holding a very beautiful flower arrangement. I figured it was for mom, but she asked if I was Nancy. “Yes”, I said, quizzically. “These are for you.” How sweet. I figured they were for my loss of Lucky from a friend or family member. Again, wasn’t that.

There was a handwritten card: “We’re so sorry to hear of your loss of Lucky and our hearts go out to you. We know this time is tough and we’re always here if you need anything. Love, Jeremy, Chewy.com" Of this day and age of form letters and telephone recordings, it was not only a breath of fresh air. It was to me, a lifeline. As I took the flowers to my room, I sat them on the table in my eye line from the bed where I promptly got back in. With the covers over my head, I peered out to look at the flowers and a thought jumped in my head.

Here are people in a company that cares about people. They get up every day and go to work so they can bring joy to others that may need it more than they know. Regardless of what’s going on in their life, they’re here, thinking of my pain and reaching out in the most beautiful way. If they can do it. So can I. I got out of bed and got ready for the day. Before leaving to go to some animal shelters and get me a pet I could pour all my extra love on, I took one long look at the flowers and note, and because it’s not so heavy now, gathered up my pain to take with me and started my day. Thank you Chewy. You’ve helped me more than you know. I went into a depression and just stayed in bed for awhile.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Chewy.com has earned a forever customer in me. I am afraid that I cannot explain well enough the customer service experience I had with George, when I opened a chat with him to ask about the shelf life of Iam's Large Breed dog food. You see, I have two large breed dogs... an 8 year old great dane named Max, and a 6 year old American bully, Lexi. I have been, for years, subscribed to Chewy.com's auto-ship program, and every four weeks have two of their 30-40lb bags shipped. They come in, we dump them into the easy scooping bins. Two bags last about a month for both dogs. Usually.

Well, early December 2019 Max developed a knot or what I was hoping a cyst on this front right ankle/leg. A week later it had doubled in size. I took him to the vet and was given the worst news. It's bone cancer. A very aggressive bone cancer that was not effectively treated without compromising quality of life. I was told I had weeks before I should seriously consider "helping him along". The longer I waited, the bigger a risk of that leg breaking... it being a front leg on a Dane, a break would be catastrophic for all of us, most of all Max.

I pushed for more time. Max was doing ok with this pain meds... but after a couple of weeks his decline was noticeable. He was hardly eating, his lump was growing daily and starting to protrude out of the back side of his leg. I knew the cancer had spread through the leg bone from one side to the other. He was barely getting himself up off his couch and the worry of a break was constant. On 12/31/19 we made the decision and said goodbye. I am not new to putting suffering animals down, but putting Max down when he still had a wag in his tail was not only heartbreaking, but felt morally wrong to me. I was so concerned with my conflicting feelings and mourning, that I forgot about all of the food that was on auto-delivery.

Couple days later, I received my shipment. Two new 30lb bags of food. Hubs did as he normally would. Emptied both bags in the scoop bins and burned the trash. It wasn't until yesterday that I even thought about the excess food. I opened a chat with George at Chewy.com and inquired about the shelf life of this particular brand. I didn't want it to go bad. It would take MONTHS for Lexi to eat 3 - 30lb bags of food. All of which were taken out of the bag already. George informed me there was a shelf life, and then did the unexpected. He offered to refund me for three bags. No questions asked, no taking no for an answer. He expressed his condolences and told me that I had enough to deal with and not to worry about the food.

I promised that I would donate wherever would allow for opened containers and thanked him from all of us! Then, when I got home from work tonight... I found a beautiful bouquet of flowers from George and Chewy.com, who sent their love and sympathy for our loss. BEST. PEOPLE. EVER. I <3 CHEWY FOREVER. Thank you George, and Chewy.com. From the bottom of my heart!

Jo G. - Mt. Holly, NC

Original review: June 30, 2020

Chewy always stands behind their products and customers. If something doesn't work right or your dog chews something up, they always refund the purchase with no questions asked. I had to put my Lady girl down as she had gotten very sick and we had just gotten 2 hugs packages of diapers for her. I called the next day and asked what can I do about the diapers. The first thing they said was how sorry they were for my loss and told me to donate them to an animal shelter which I did the same day. Not only did they refund me for the product in full but they sent me the most beautiful dozen roses, and gift card for Hello Fresh and and beautiful sentiment signed by the one who took my call. I do have another dog (who is still looking for Lady girl) so I did tell chewy they did not lose my business. I am so amazed on how this company is so generous and so compassionate to their customers. They are AWESOME!!!!

Original review: June 28, 2020

Chewy.com is totally unreliable and the customer service is sub-par. My bank card was overcharged to the tune of $150 total in one week. The supervisor, Gabby, was totally disrespectful and NOT helpful. I will never do business with Chewy again. I suggest you think twice before you sign up for an auto-ship with them. If you order anything, do NOT use auto-ship. You WILL be sorry.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I normally never have a problem ordering from this site but this time my package came in completely smashed and opened! Highly disappointed. Don’t think I’ll buy from them again if that’s how they treat my orders.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I am not going to repeat all the great reviews about this company's return policy. Not happy they'll refund your money. Even if you are happy but cannot keep what you ordered, they'll refund your money. That's the bottom line. This is about Crystal...who are you?? This company, the employees, I was sent a beautiful boutique of flowers. Shared a story about my dog getting hit by a car (yes, he was leashed) that I am caring for and poof, the flowers arrive! You just cannot be in a bad mood, sad, overwrought, whatever and get flowers. Automatically cheered up! Spectacular gesture. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Crystal and Chewy's. I don't know how it gets better than this from someone you've never met. Awesome!

Original review: June 23, 2020

I recently had to put my older dog Lucy down. I had just received a new bag of Sr. Dog Food and contacted Chewy to see if I could return the unopened bag. They said they would credit me when I disclosed the loss of Lucy and that I should donate the food in her name. They asked if I needed to return anything else and I said no thank you. 2 days later I received flowers for the loss of Lucy. The customer service they showed is above and beyond my expectations. Everyone I mentioned it to who has an animal said they will purchase through Chewy. What a wonderful example they have set. I am proud to be a customer of

Chewy.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I have a prescription for my dog. It is to help with his aging-related heartburn and sour stomach. We are set to go on a missionary trip for 10 months. We ordered the medicine for him from Chewy 1 MONTH early and they kept saying they faxed in the RX verification to my vet but my vet never got it. My vet printed out the history for the entire 10 days after my initial order and NOT ONCE did Chewy RX team fax them. Also they said they CALLED my vet but again, the vet printed out the call logs and NOT ONCE did Chewy try calling them.

I am not sure WHY the Chewy Customer Service agents kept lying but we had DOUBLE PROOF they didn't do ANYTHING. Now we have to cancel and RUSH an order from somewhere else because Chewy STILL hasn't done anything and we leave in 1 week. Pathetic. Will NEVER order a RX for my pets again. Other things we ordered that were repacked treats and toys arrived QUICK. Chewy has an UNethical business model. BUYER BEWARE!

Chewy.com Company Information