4.25/5
  • 1 star
Based on 216 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pet store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

229 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I recently placed my very first order through Chewy.com. Having just gone through a major hassle with another retailer to purchase a few things online, I was a bit jaded, frustrated, and wary about what the result of this undertaking would be like. Sure enough, there was an error in the shipment confirmation that was sent to me, where it indicated fewer items were being shipped than I had actually paid for. Normally I wouldn't have been too concerned, but since I had recently lost many hours to recovering missing items from another online order through a different company, I decided that I just needed to get it over with, be proactive, and give their customer service line a call.

To my absolute surprise (and delight), I was greeted by the friendliest CSR I think I've ever spoken with to date! She was extremely apologetic about the error with items being displayed improperly in my shipping confirmation, but she assured me that on her end they had processed the correct number of items. I suppose their computer just wasn't counting the duplicates of certain purchases when it generated by shipping receipt... or, at least, that was her explanation. I haven't received my actual parcel/shipment yet (it's due tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what the final verdict is), but I was so taken aback by her thoughtful responses and willingness to look into things for me, that I just had to take a moment to leave them a positive review. Even if my order isn't perfect, I still appreciate a company that employs courteous CSRs. It truly can make all the difference.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have only had positive experiences with Chewy. The reasons that I will continue to order my pet supplies from them are the following. Delivery is prompt and on time. The prices are comparable to Amazon and even less. They have a wide variety for products and brands. I had a package from Chewy stolen off my porch and they replaced everything the next day and did not charge me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My dog sadly passed away from kidney disease, while eating Purina's NF Kidney Diet from Chewy.com. All I wanted was to post an honest review about my experience with the food. Weeks later, and several e-mails back and forth, they still won't post my review. They do a great job of pretending to care about your dog, but when you need something from them you get this. I personally won't be back.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I order dog and cat food on 11/29 it showed on truck for a few days, Said I was not home but was here. When I called customer service they were really bad, made excuse after excuse, they finally refunded money. Then they send me a free order as a make up, which I thought was really nice, Then when they realized what they did they called it back again when it was on truck. I emailed the president, of Chewy.com. He never even replied, Funny they say they love animals, I guess just hate people. WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, easier just to pick up in local stores.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Not only do you get a deal on your pet food and supplies (they have everything) but they stand behind their shipping. I can’t believe the outstanding service and quick response and resolution to not even a real complaint but more like a heads up for future shipping!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

About 8 months ago, a friend of mine raved to me about Chewy.com. Said that she was set up on auto-ship and that her items would automatically arrive each month. She raved about their customer service and how easy it was to change an order from month to month. I have had shipments arrive flawlessly. This month, I clearly received an order that wasn't mine. I have three dogs... And I received 5 cases of Fancy Feast Cat Food. I immediately went online to the Chewy.com site and talked online with a rep (Janny) who quickly re-ordered my pet order AND told me to donate the 5 cases of food to local shelter! I was thrilled at that request and was almost happy that the mistake was made. I give Chewy a 5 paw rating! Customer service is AMAZING and I am thankful not to have to pick up big bags of dog food at the store. Love having it on my doorstep. Highly recommend. #pawtastic.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I wish all companies delivered as promptly as Chewy! Consistently I have received my order within 2 days. If they can do it why can't QVC and HSN just to mention a couple. It is convenient and about $5 less than when I used to purchase it at my vets. I would recommend this site.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I am so extremely satisfied and happy shopping with Chewy that you're going to think this might be a fake review but I promise on my life that it is not!! I literally made an account here just to express and give my praises to Chewy. They run their business with 100% integrity and I will ONLY buy my pet's products from their site as long as I live now. Let me tell you why I'm so happy. I ordered a crate off their site and I realized that I underestimated how much extra room my dog would have in there and it was just too big. I called Chewy to ask what their return policy is and they sent me a whole new crate to my door with FREE 2 day shipping!!! I donated the extra crate to a rescue in need.

This time around I ordered a BOGO dog food and one came perfect but the other had a tiny tear in the corner. I assumed the dog food was still perfectly fine but I contacted them because better safe than sorry. Don't know how long that little tear could've been there for and if that corner of the dog food might've gone bad or stale. They sent me a replacement bag with free 2 day shipping to my door with no hassle!! That's the way customer service should still be nowadays and it's sad that more companies aren't following in Chewy.com's footsteps.

Also, when you call, they pick up the phone IMMEDIATELY. I have always gotten the phone picked up the second I dial and never put on hold. They make it right ASAP and it never takes more than 5 minutes. Thank you Chewy.com for selling with integrity and having the best customer service I've ever received. Extremely please. Will never shop anywhere else for my fur babies. I recommend shopping with them 10000%. They have a customer for life.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

One places an order on Friday and the order gets to you by Wednesday. That is 5 days. Not 1 or 2. Chewy goes into this explanation how FedEx does not deliver Saturday or Sunday and they pick up from them only certain days. Which is fine BUT they should not advertise 1 or 2 days.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I would like to take the time to commend Chewy.com for their outstanding customer service. They go above and beyond out of kindness and selflessness. It is with a broken heart, I share the loss of my Catahoula Hound dog this past week. My Missy Mae fought a very hard, sick battle of Megacolon and after 3 surgeries and countless recoveries, medication and pure will to be strong, she no longer suffers. Miss required special dog food that I could only find from Chewy.com. Her gastrointestinal fiber response food was delivered on autoship every month and at the time of her passing on I had an unopened shipped bag that I no longer needed.

When I called Chewy.com to inquire about returns, they were ever so kind and asked me my dog's name and offered to contact them any time. I may need even to talk as they are pet parents too. They proceeded to give me a refund for the dog food and asked that I donate the food. Returning it was not necessary. Yesterday I came home to a package at my door. Chewy.com sent me 1 dozen red roses in a beautiful glass vase with a sympathy card in remembrance of Missy Mae. My heart is a lot less broken from the kindness of the souls that make up Chewy.com and the world is a better place because of Janny and her coworkers. Thank you. I will never forget the gesture. A sick dog at the Palm City Humane Society is eating Missy's food this week. Thank you for all that you do. I will forever recommend Chewy.com and re-tell this story each time.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I get my cat's prescription food pet and other pet supplies from them. Chewy's customer service is excellent. They are professional and dependable and personable. You will find that their customer service is incredible. I mean, there is nothing like it. I think they understand there is something about pet ownership and they know how to keep us happy. Their customer service is available 24 hours a day. So in the middle of the night, I can call them if I want them to change my orders a certain way. They are always helpful and patient. I hope they never change. Customer service is the key and they know it. I love this company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have never felt compelled to find a place to sing a company's praises before, but here I am. I reviewed a product on the Chewy website; it was from a major brand. My pet didnt like the new formulation, so I gave it one star. I get an email the next day from Chewy informing me that they've refunded the cost of the case of food to my account with their apologies. Who does that?? Today, I called to see what happened to my monthly order. FedEx lost it or delivered to the wrong address, but Chewy immediately shipped out a replacement. The service representative was so friendly and pleasant. I'm a customer for life.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Upon opening a can of Weruva cat food I noticed it looked strange and can was dented... I then opened another of the same to check and it was drastically different... this one had mold and was brown. I then went into the case that Chewy sent and there were 6 dented cans. If my cat sitter would have served this and left I probably would have cats that were suffering or would have died from botulism or ptomaine. The person I spoke to was unsympathetic and offered me $11 for the 6 cans. I was shaking and so emotionally upset at what might have happened if I didn't notice or check. This is one of the many times I have gotten dented cans but this was the worst due to the possibility of my cats being fed this unknowingly, by me or the cat sitter.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I recently ordered a cat tree from Chewy.com. It arrived quickly and was sturdy and well made; our cats love it! Imagine my surprise when a second, identical tree arrived the next day. I called them so it could be returned; the lovely customer service person assured me that they did not want it back as it was their mistake, and that I could donate it to a charity or family if I liked. What?!? This company is amazing in regards to its quality products, customer service, price, and charitable giving. I'm a happy customer! I donated the tree to a special needs family with 2 cats who could not have afforded it on their own. Thanks Chewy! Highly recommended!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I called to change my address on a shipment due to a 419 instead of a 149 on my part. The woman named Ashley noticed I lived in Athens and told me she went to college there. We chatted for a quick minute or two about the city and got my problem resolved. Since then I have received 2 postcards from Florida with nice personal messages on it. That mixed with the never ending BOGOs and deals, I will never stop using this company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I absolutely love this company. Their customer service is amazing and they donate to local charities on a regular basis. I highly recommend Chewy who will now be my preferred method of ordering for my puppies.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Chewy.com is one of the best companies around. Not only do they have a huge selection of products, they are consistent with their amazing service! I'm in the military and every time I move I have to find a pet store that carries my dog's all natural food. It's a tedious task sometimes and even when I do find a store, they don't always have the food I'm looking for in stock. Thankfully I gave Chewy a try and my order arrived two days later. I was impressed! I kept ordering from them and my order arrived two days later - every single time. If you haven't ordered from them yet, do yourself a favor! They're doing business right!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I absolutely LOVE Chewy.com! They have a huge variety of foods, treats, toys and more. I do wish they had vegan puppy food, but I did find another site for that. Chewy.com does have vegan dog food and treats, thank goodness. I am a dog walker and I have purchased many treats from this site for my babies. I stocked up on poop bags, 2700 for $45... can't beat that. My own pups have several Nylabones and other toys from here. I love the 2 day shipping, extremely convenient. Hey Chewy, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

About 3 months ago I was placing an order on Chewy.com for my cat. I had to provide a prescription for the food. I called them, the number under their contacts, and a real person answered after about 2 rings. She was able to assist me immediately and I was off the phone within 5 min, received my pets food 2 days later. About a month ago I had to call again, same story, someone answered immediately and was able to help me instantly. Great customer service, highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I am completely obsessed with Chewy.com. They have everything you want and need! I am completely satisfied with their products as well as their outstanding customer service. I accidentally ordered the wrong size cage for my dog and they replaced my product. What I loved most about their exchange policy is that they allowed me to keep my original item and donate it to my local pet shelter. I will continue to order through Chewy.com because they truly are compassionate about pets! ❤️

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This Company knows how to treat a customer. No nonsense or Hassles!!! These Guys know how to deliver... and do. I will be doing my pet shopping here and hope others will too. The Best You could expect from any Business!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I just got off the phone with Tiffany a very pleasant & knowledgeable young woman. I ordered a bed for my dog and accidentally ordered a large instead of extra large. I called to place an exchange. Tiffany & Chewy were kind enough to tell me to keep the original item and donate it to my local shelter if I could. I couldn't be happier with not only the service they provide but the compassion they have for other animals in need. Thank you again Tiffany & Chewy.❤

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Pet food delivered to your door. How easy is that. No more having to carry to your car and then get in house. They deliver to your porch. Super convenient.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had the pleasure to chat with an online agent named: Kameron and he was awesome from the get go. My concern was the return policy and wanted to know if I could return my whole order of RC dog and RC cat dry food as well as the Joint soft chews by Sea Mobility, and had no problem with getting my order refunded but the best part was he asked to just donate the rest of the foods to my local shelter. I had to return the products due to my dog and cat allergic to one of the ingredients in the RC foods, totally my fault for not checking the ingredients thoroughly.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've never experienced such great customer service in my life. We've been using Chewy the past 6 months and we love the service. I ordered some more Canidae for our dogs last week, usually since the food is so heavy and I don't have anywhere to store it I just put the box in our front hall closet. Tonight I opened the box to refill their food and was surprised to see Purina dog food. I called Chewy and they immediately sent out a corrected order of Canidae and gave me a credit for a 15 pound bag since our dogs were almost out of food. The operator told me I could return the bag of Purina or donate it to a shelter. So we'll be dropping it off at Humane Society this weekend. Will definitely stick with the company and recommend it to anyone. We get a discount for auto shipping as well which is a plus. I'll definitely start opening my boxes right away though!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Delivery of food was prompt and convenient. Customer service is off the charts! My beloved dog died and I canceled all future orders with Chewy, Chewy promptly sent an email, I was so moved and greatly appreciate the kind words. Also, I arrived home from a business trip to find the beautiful flowers Chewy sent! I was dreading walking into the house, knowing my dog would not be there to greet me as he has for the past 14 1/2 years. The flower gift from Chewy completed shifted the energy in my heart. Not everyone understands the devastating loss of such a great companion and friend - it really was special and wonderful to receive flowers from Chewy and a lovely email with kind words.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A web based pet store; (also 800 number; always live people available... Speak English in US) great product, great prices; all Google searches, Amazon, etc. lead to Chewy for best price... ALWAYS! Online coupons; mail coupons; I tried to find some issue... Any issue... None. Fabulous!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I put my order in and never received my items. Come to find out that they deleted my order due to their confusion and their lack of knowledge concerning my address. They could not understand that I had a different billing address from my shipping address... Rude rude company! It's been several months and they never did ship my items. Unbelievable!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Placed my first order with Chewy.com on one day, it was delivered the next. Problem was, FedEx delivered it to a house down the street. My neighbor had to track me down. I had to go pick up the 50 lb box. I am elderly and so is my neighbor. Not easy for us to carry it down the driveway and lift it into my car. I always have bad experiences with FedEx. I wish Chewy would reconsider who they use for shipping. I see other reviews with bad FedEx experiences. Otherwise, very pleased with Chewy!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Way cheaper than our local store with free delivery with minimum purchase. Order usually gets here in a couple of days and don't have to brave the traffic or stress out that they won't have what I need.

Chewy.com Company Information