4.28/5
Based on 264 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pet store?

Chewy.com

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

308 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I order a lot of cat food as a volunteer for a TNR organization and a cat rescue organization. Aside from low prices and speedy delivery which is standard for Chewy, I doubt that there is another online or brick and mortar pet supply company that provides customer service that is as good in every respect. The reps can answer any question you throw at them and they are not only familiar with cat food but with care of cats as well. They will do whatever is needed to see to it that the customer is totally satisfied. You can reach a rep 24/7. Need prescription food? No problem. They will contact your vet. Have an issue with an order? Again, no problem. A quick resolution is guaranteed. In short, you could not do better than Chewy if you own a pet.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I love the fact they credit your account but let you donate the product that is not the right size. I've donated a large carrier & a harness. One was 38.00 and one was 25.00. I've never had a company do that. It also helps shelters.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Every time I reached out to Chewy to ask a question they have provided TOP service! Quick to respond, and not only that, they go above and beyond. When I tried using a coupon that was only meant for 1st time buyers and didn't realize it, they honored the discount anyway. They are personal and I shared that my dog had recently been ill, and they sent a hand signed get well card! My recent autoship included 4 bags of Nutro Crunchy treats and they were mostly broken as they shipped with large bags of dog food. They are sending me out new bags of treats to arrive by Saturday (2 days from now!) and noted to package them separately for my next auto ship. LOVE LOVE LOVE Chewy.com!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Chewy.com is the absolute best shopping experience I have ever had. With my first order there was a problem with the shipping and they were magnificent in their response. They went far beyond. Just good customer service. They proved they care about their customers. They truly have the very best customer service and since their prices are the lowest I have found it makes for a great experience all around. I would recommend Chewy.com to anyone who has pets.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My precious dog, Dayton... a Shiba Inu, was diagnosed with crystals in his stomach. I am a regular customer of CHEWY.COM. I have been pretty hysterical waiting for the results... which could have been better. He is required to now eat a special food that CHEWY sells and requires my vet's prescription. I had already ordered two large bags of his regular food and now he cannot eat it. I called CHEWY and told them my story, and asked them if I could exchange the unopened bags for the new food. They not only credited me for the old food, but told me to donate it to a shelter! In addition they took care of interfacing with the vet and doing all of the paperwork necessary for me to make things easier during this stressful time. All I can say is that this is an amazing company - and I cannot say enough about their compassion and customer service. Thank you so much for helping me through this and your generosity CHEWY.COM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I've been a customer of Chewy for about 2 years now, they've always been competitively priced and offer some brands that Petco and PetSmart do not. One such brand being Victor, which is, by far, some of the best dry and wet dog food I have ever found. They have a five star rating with Dogfoodadvisor.com and haven't had a recall ever, if I remember correctly. Chewy.com is the only place I have found this dog food at a very reasonable price. Then I found out they also have the Purina Pro Plan cat food I have my felines on, it's almost TEN dollars cheaper than PetSmart or Petco. So as you can see, Chewy has become almost my 1 stop shop.

On 2/14/2018 I had a Chewy order delivered to my house and it was stolen by someone. Once I confirmed that the package was delivered and stolen, I called Chewy. The customer service rep was genuinely apologetic, her name was Janelle (sp?), and she did everything she could to remedy something that wasn't even Chewy's fault. Within a matter of minutes she had another order processed and it would ship out the following day. AT NO COST TO ME. This is "basic" customer service, but so many companies are losing sight of treating their customers like the people who keep them in business. But Chewy has always been on time, great prices, FAST shipping, and easy to work with. Now they're just at the top of my list of commendable companies. They've earned a review a long time ago; however, now I'm definitely a lifetime customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I was extremely happy with Chewy's prior to the business being sold to PetSmart. Customer Service was efficient, and the delivery was extraordinary. Sales tax was not added, therefore the price was cheaper. I was willing to overlook the price increase and the sub-par customer service but cannot overlook the horrific FedEx delivery service. Deliveries are delayed no matter what your email states. During the holidays I waited a long time for my cat food but I understood that the delay was due to the holidays. This would not have happened prior to the new transition. My delivery has been delayed again by one day and there is no excuse for that since the shipment has been at FedEx in Roseville for 2 days. No it is not snowing there. This is bad management all around. I hope that customers fight back and stop ordering from Chewy's until management is more sensitive to our pets needs and stop being so money hungry. Prompt delivery is 100% important.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My furry family member is on prescription dog food. I used to order her food thru the Vet's online pharmacy and for quite awhile they were cheaper. Then I get an email that the 27.5 lb bag of her food will be $82.95 and it took about 1 week to arrive. I decided to order her food from Chewy.com and received 20% off my first order and future orders will be $70.95 since I do auto ship. They faxed the Vet's office on Sunday and Monday I called to confirm this did happen. I can't believe my order shipped the same day the Vet approved it and I received it Tuesday. Wow Chewy.com is AWESOME and everyone I have chatted with online in customer care has been absolutely wonderful. I will continue to order thru them until she is no longer with us. She is 15yrs old. :)

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My experience with Chewy has been great. From the time I began browsing to the point of purchase was easy, and beyond that. Shipping was fast and free, and when I needed to make a return for an item, they were extremely courteous and offered for me to just keep the item and issued me a refund. Honestly I'm not sure why/how they do that but I can't complain.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

The reason I began ordering the Milk-Bone Good Morning Total Wellness Daily Vitamin Dog Treats on Chewy is because stores near me stopped selling the 6oz bottle. My dog loves the product, but I am upset that Chewy had to higher the price. I used to do auto-ship on the product, but stopped when the prices went up. I'm just wondering, did the price go up because stores discontinued the 6oz. bottle? Will there be any coupon opportunities for this product? If so, I would continue purchasing this for my dog, grr.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I recently lost my beloved Newfoundland Katie and had received an order from Chewy only a few weeks prior. I called them to find out if I could return the unused items. I spoke with a lovely man by the name of Maurice, who was as sad as I was once I explained why I was trying to return part of my previous order. Maurice went above and beyond any customer service I have ever experienced and I am truly grateful for his understanding and help. I was given a refund for the items I wanted to return and was asked if I could donate the items I no longer needed to a local animal shelter, which I did.

A week after my phone call with Maurice I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Chewy sending me their deepest sympathies. I was bowled over by their touching gesture and then made a very tearful phone call to say thank you. In all the years I have used them I have only had to call them maybe three to four times and I can say with my hand on my heart that each and every time I called I was treated with the utmost respect from the staff, all issues were corrected then and there and never at an inconvenience to myself. I have recommended Chewy.com to several friends and they too have only had positive things to say about this company. Thank you to all your amazing staff, as a company you should be very proud.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I'm recently on crutches and cannot get around. We got a $15 off coupon and free shipping. We order dog food because we're running low. Coupon only applies if order is over $50. Guess what, order comes to $49.99, which is $7 more than local Fleet Farm. I say, add a penny, but nope, gotta order something else. We ask rep about 2 day shipping and confirms it should be here by end of day Saturday otherwise we'll let you know. We get email and check FedEx and confirms end of day Saturday. It's Saturday, no dog food, no notice and FedEx site still says label created and no updates. We are out of food, so I will go out in subzero weather, on crutches to keep dog fed. Chewy, you suck. Major FAIL! Don't go here. Costs more and Customer Service fails.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

First time purchasing, and I tried it because they sent me a $15 off coupon. Great. I ordered two bags of 24-pound dog food and some treats. They offered half off one bag for my first order. Awesome. Well, the box came with just one bag of 24-pound dog food and the treats. Hmmm. No message about it the other bag shipping separately, I mean, shipping 2 bags would have been over 50 pounds, which I did not expect.

Called them and they were confused as to why it did not ship out. No investigation, the guy on the phone said actually, "I am not sure what all the hubbub was about on your order." Hubbub? OK. In the end, he placed an order to ship another bag to me. Good thing I called, because if not, I never would have received my other bag of food! Oh, and he offered nothing to accommodate me for the problem or the fact that I had to call to get the product that I ordered. I probably won't be ordering from them again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I had a bag of dry cat food delivered with other products. It had a tear in it. Didn't lose a lot, maybe 1/2 cup. I let them know because I thought they might want to just remind the people who pull the orders to watch for rips or tears. The nice lady who took my notice sent a whole new bag to me, even though I told her it wasn't necessary. This company backs up their promises to deliver and more. Prices are fair and usually a less than the stores. Trust them... order what you need.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My experience with Chewy has been amazing. I am currently doing the auto ship method and I love it. I highly recommend this company for all of your pet needs. They delivery quick and reliable shipping and my products never show up damaged. I am highly impressed and will continue to let people know about them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

If you are buying medicine for a dog the delivery date is important. If they told me an accurate delivery date I would have gone with Amazon. I ordered on 2/1 for a 1-2 day delivery. Customer service told me I ordered at 4:15 PM so the 1st doesn't count and FedEx takes off Sunday and Monday so those days don't count either. She could not tell me where the box was in addition.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I love the prices and convenience of home delivery service. Christmas cards and birthday cards are the little things that show Chewy has good customer care but the personal email conversations and quick response from the customer service team is what shows they go the extra mile. I had an order with an item that was out of stock, they took the price off and planned to send the rest of the items as planned so that they wouldnt be delayed with the option to order an alternative product and waive the shipping. I found an alternative product and with their quick response was able to add it to the original auto shipment. They asked me if Id like to send pictures of my fur babies and had some very pleasant and personable correspondence via email. Very happy customer.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Fastest shipping I have ever seen in my life. I ordered and my package was here the very next morning and now my bunny is very happy with his new home playpen. He runs around in circles around his cage. You made me and Mr Brown Stone very happy. Thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My wife ordered over $200.00 in foods and supplies on Feb.1, we were lead to believe our order would arrive in 1 to 2 days. I received an email stating my delivery would not arrive until Feb 6. I allowed myself to run out of pet food expecting my order to be here today. I had to drive 20 miles to the local Wal-Mart to pick up food for my dogs and cats. The whole idea of ordering from Chewy was not to have to shop at Wal-Mart. I guess my business was not worth keeping by standing behind their statement on delivery. Too bad my $200 order was a monthly order, every month.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I placed my order around ten last night and to my surprise my order was sitting on my porch at noon, talk about a speedy delivery, I’m impressed. I have had several orders from Chewy and have never had a complaint. Great company to deal with. So happy to have them during this cold spell. Thank you Chewy!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I am going to try and keep this short and sweet. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this company. (: First of all, I was referred by my friend and my mom to join. My friend had two mishaps, and both were her fault. Chewy.com helped her out, and went above and beyond to meet her expectations, and was actually surprised how much the company cared about her being a customer. Secondly, I am pregnant and cannot lift the heavy bags of dog food that we get. With my husband working sometimes 14-16 hour shifts, the last thing he wants to do is come home and go grocery shopping with me. Having the food delivered the day after payday helps us out tremendously!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My wife and I were blessed to have had Chloe for 18 years. After she went to heaven last week we called Chewy.com and spoke to Zach so we would no longer receive cards or notices. He was very kind and sympathetic. Today we received a lovely flower arrangement with a poignant card attached from Zach and the Chewy family. Our hearts are broken but we are so appreciative for Chewy's thoughtfulness and kind words. Thank you to all the caring people that work at Chewy.com. We will recommend your company to all our friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The prices here are as good, if not slightly cheaper, than Pet Supplies Plus and Walmart. I placed my first order yesterday and amazingly, it arrived today! The best thing is now I don't have to lug around those big bags of dog food from the store to home. I let UPS do that now.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I received a bag of dog food that was damaged when I opened the box. I sent the company an email with a picture of the bag and within 15 minutes of sending the email they had responded to me expressing their apologies and informed me that a new bag was being shipped. They went on to say that if the dog food was still in good condition that they recommended donating the damaged bag to a local rescue and I thought that was so thoughtful and generous of them. Based off of this experience I feel that they truly care about their customers and our fur families.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Chewy is Amazing. I am not one to write reviews but their customer service deserves one. Not only is Chewy fast with their shipping. They are always on time with their Auto ship. This past order I had to provide new card info and accidentally placed my order twice in the process. I clicked the contact button on the app. I didn't receive an automated message; I actually had a person answer. Not only did she answer quickly she helped me promptly.

My 2nd order was canceled and the money was back in my account by the end of the day (Even with her telling me it would be 24-48 hours) which is faster than any other company would be. My order arrived the following morning despite me needing to update everything. The woman was super helpful. I get well over 100 lb of food and litter sent to me every 12 weeks. Chewy has saved me A LOT of money and A LOT of back labor. The closest pet supply store to my home is 20 miles away. Chewy makes life for me and my fur babies easy. Thank you Chewy!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Chewy had placed me on auto-order for a veterinarian-prescribed food (Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein HD dog food) for my two dogs. Chewy sent me continued e-mails up until today, processing scheduled shipment (with option to ship today). Upon calling Chewy to explain I was completely out of food and that I wished a shipment today, Chewy reluctantly acknowledged that they have no product to ship - "for 1 to 2 weeks." This leaves me with no food for the dogs. I am left to source the product on my own. "Jessica" C/S "Supervisor" was of absolutely no help and was oblivious to my concern. She argued with me that this "only an automated message" - despite that it was fundamentally untrue. Shame on Chewy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018 CHEWY the BEST retail business I have ever purchased from! Chewy’s customer service is 10+ stars. I have been in retail 38 years as an owner, employee and

customer. I have NEVER had a company address a problem immediately. I had a shipping problem that arrived with broken open package. I took a photo and sent email. The response was within 5 minutes an apology and replacing my order. Chewy has a life customer for all my pet needs. By the way I saved $38.00!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have been ordering from Chewy.com now for about a year. They have reliable delivery and when there is an issue with a delivery (which is rare) the customer service and problem resolution is top notch. They have a live person answering the phone 24/7. I can't say enough good things about Chewy. It is so convenient to have your pet food, litter, etc. delivered directly to your door!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Ordered easily on app on Friday afternoon, received Mon before Noon! Packaged in heavy boxes, taped well, canned food wrapped w heavy plastic and very heavy box placed on top. Good deal even without autoship discount, which made it super good pricing and free shipping -- saved me an hour time going to store (even though it is nearby) and gas. Wow, couldn't have been better except for estimated delivery date when place order like when you order from Walmart... I was nervous when I didn't see that since first time ordering; and the invoice was not in the second package and product in the second package was not listed on the invoice in the first pkg, but no biggie.

I DID see sales tax amount BEFORE placing order on website (saw another review complaining about that) -- so good there too. Bagged products were clean and uncrumpled -- better than I see in stores, even shipping to Nevada. Exp dates were long way off on products -- like they had just been produced, so good there. Exceptionally good experience!! Thank you!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I just received the best customer service from Chewy and literally thought this level of service no longer existed in the world. I have been a customer for a few years now and I have never had a need to call customer service. After a delivery issue, I decided to give them a call and start there. They didn't give me the runaround or excuses by telling me to contact FedEx. They simply fixed my problem and fixed it promptly! I will be a Chewy customer forever.

Chewy.com Company Information

www.chewy.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use