2.8/5 (120 ratings)

About Chewy.com

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: July 2, 2022

I’ve been buying my dog food through Chewy for a couple of years now and it’s always been a good experience with unbeatable prices and fast shipping. Recently unfortunately, my beloved dog Emma passed away. She was the cutest chi weenie ever and looked like a puppy still at 13 years old… Anyways, I had her medication on Autoship with Chewy for only about 2 months but had to call and cancel the Autoship which was due to be delivered in two days. They were so kind and instantly refunded me for the medication whether it had shipped already or not. They just made it all so easy for me at a really difficult time.

A few days later my doorbell rang and I received flowers in a vase and was in complete shock when I read the note that Chewy had written in condolences for my loss. To some people pets are just pets but to my family they’ve always been just like our children so Emma will be sincerely missed and it really meant a lot that Chewy took the time to make it important. It was very wonderful of Chewy to go to the lengths they did for us, I still can’t believe they sent us flowers, thank you so much, I will forever be a customer.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Chewy is one of a few online sites that I use for my animal's needs. Anyone that knows me knows that my animals are my kids in every sense of the word. My Birthday is on March 5th and, on this day, I went to open my apartment door and noticed a small package from Chewy, however, I didn't remember ordering anything. I opened the package and saw a wrapped gift inside along with a card addressed to me. My initial thought was a friend used an old Chewy package to surprise me with a gift.

When I opened the card it was actually from the staff at Chewy. I proceeded to unwrap the gift and saw the back of a wooded canvas. When I turned the canvas over, it was a personal drawing of my cat, Tigger. My mouth dropped! It looked exactly like him to a T. All the way from the small stripes on his head to the shape of his mouth and chin and the color of his eyes. They used his picture profile from my account to do an actual drawing of him. It was absolutely amazing!! So much so that I began to cry and proceeded to message all my friends and family about what I had just received.

I've been in the customer service field most of my life and am currently a sales coordinator for both Hilton and Marriott hotels. I was never so impressed with any retailer as I was in that moment. The time and thoughtfulness behind this gift was beyond any words I can bring forth. In that simple act Chewy made an impression on me that I don't believe anyone else will be able to top. Seriously, to all those at Chewy, and especially to the person who drew my Tiggy, thank you so very much! I love this picture and this has sincerely touched my heart!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have been using Chewy for years for food and prescription deliveries for my Rudy Bear. Not only is their pricing the best, but they deliver everything extremely fast. I have always received ample communication if things are out of stock or delayed. I've accidentally ordered the wrong food and when I tried to return it, they told me to donate the food to a shelter and gave me a full refund. Every experience I've had with them has been overwhelmingly positive.

My Rudy Bear, unfortunately, passed away last week and I missed an auto-ship to cancel. When I realized the order was placed, I reached out to see if I could cancel the order. Michael immediately shared his condolences and canceled the order as well as all future auto-ship orders. He was kind and sincere at a time when I needed it most. A few short days later, I received a surprise package containing a bouquet of yellow roses from Michael and Chewy. My husband and I were blown away by this gesture as it was totally unexpected but so very appreciated. We are not anywhere near ready for another pup, but when the time comes, we will come back as loyal customers. I also highly recommend Chewy to all of my friends and family for their pets' needs.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I don't write many reviews but I want people to know what a wonderful company Chewy is. We have been using them for around 2 years. We normally shopped at Pet Smart but my daughter used Chewy for her dog food delivery. I went online and found out the food I bought was cheaper than at the store. Plus the toys are a whole lot cheaper and my animals love their toys. I like that you can set up auto-ship and not have to worry about placing an order each month. It's really easy to add to your auto-ship if you want to order a toy, extra treats, or a bed they have it all. I usually get my shipment the next day. Although I have had to wait for 2 days before. Shipment is truly extra fast.

One month we received our dry dog food, and it had an opening in it. So we called customer service to find out how to exchange the bag. Unlike other companies, there was no wait to speak to a customer service representative. The representative told us not to worry about returning the bag. To throw it out and they would get us a new one out that day. They also refunded the price of the food just for the trouble. Tell me what other company does that.

My 84-year-old mother started using Chewy because of the great service I had received, plus she didn't have to go out each month for supplies for her dog. She has an older dog and ordered a set of steps to help her get up on the bed. These were not cheap stairs. They were made of wood and cost over $100.00. Well, I went over to put them together for her, but they were way too big for her bedroom. So we called Chewy and explained the situation. They immediately refunded my mother's money, (she had it in 2 days) and told us to give the stairs to someone who might want them or to a local animal association that could use them. I recommend Chewy to everyone I know or talk to that has a pet. I love Chewy and their customer care is wonderful!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I'm not one to leave reviews but it is my pleasure to praise the help and 'above and beyond' treatment that we received from Chewy! We have been receiving a "Prescription Diet" food via autoship for our arthritic dog for 6 months. The process was easy to set-up and manage. I had just received notice that my last shipment had left the warehouse-when a quick decline in our Boxer's health called for us to make the decision of easing the burdens of his pain. We scheduled a peaceful 'in home' euthanasia.

The next day I cancelled my autoship, contacted Chewy, asked how to return my current shipment and collect a refund. Expecting to be given the runaround, I was very surprised to be contacted by customer service agent Teresa G. She had typed a very heartfelt condolence letter. She informed me she was trying to intercept delivery and had initiated a refund (which I received in record time). All of this took place on October 28th...on October 30th we opened our door to a beautiful flower arrangement. The condolence tag was signed by Chewy Customer Service. I was very touched. The service, help and personal contact we received at our time of grief was very unexpected and very much appreciate. A 5 star review is very graciously bestowed upon Chewy by the entire ** family. Thank you Chewy and your wonderful employee Teresa G.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I placed an order through Chewy.com for my lizards. I received confirmation on the order, but the next day I received an email that I need to call and verify information with them. After making the call and verifying everything, I was told they will ship the order. After waiting a few more days, I looked into the order and I was told it was cancelled, not shipped. I emailed their support, explaining the whole process I went through, looking for insight and help on the issue. Their response was that I need to contact support to verify my information. Clearly ignoring the details of my email, they have shown they don't care about the details, or the small things. Terrible reliability.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

My little 2-year-old Shih Tzu mix stopped drinking water. It was a Sunday and I decided to use the Vet Chat at Chewy to get some advice. The website said it was "free if you use auto-ship" which I did so I signed up. The "vet" that came on was totally useless and did NOTHING but send me links for toys and repeat over and over "Awww...poor Charlie". After 20 minutes of trying to get a useful comment out of this little girl I disconnected and was grateful I didn't have to pay for that nonsense. I was wrong...I was immediately charged $14.99 for nothing but chatting with an obvious nonmedical person. Chewy refused to refund my money and now I have to open a case with Paypal. I know we live in a world of no customer service anymore but this was ridiculous!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I have never experienced so much caring and consideration from a company in my entire life. It was an unexpected kindness when two different customer service representatives reached out to me in two separate emails to express their condolence for the loss of my dear sweet dog, Amelie. But they didn't stop there. A couple days later, a large box was delivered to my doorstep. When I opened the box, I felt stunned and shocked. Inside was a bouquet of beautiful roses with a note that read: "Losing such a big part of your family is never easy. We're thinking of you in this difficult time. Sending you love. Erika and Your Chewy Family"

Yes, it brought tears to my eyes and it still does. Thank you Chewy.com for showing all of us what it means to truly be of service to the greater good, even and especially while we each pursue our personal and professional lives. You have a customer for life and I am sharing the story of your kindness and your integrity with my family and friends as well as the world. Love from Veronica **.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

On two occasions now I’ve encountered stocking issues where I was informed *after* a purchase was made that the item I bought wasn’t in stock. Despite appearing to give me a choice to cancel my order or not via the notification email, the reality is that a cancellation and subsequent refund are the *only* approaches to rectifying said issue, even when the item is predicted to be back in stock shortly.

There’s no excuse to tie up additional charges, however temporary, on my account when exchanges (or simply the exact purchase, applied at a later date) or store credit could be used as an alternative option in the way that many retailers offer instead of requiring that the customer accept the delayed refund only to circle back and repurchase later; particularly when it is a result of inconveniences that, though understandable, are in no way the fault of the customer. Customer service is friendly and prompt, but it doesn’t change the fact that this is a poor way of passing the buck and I’m over having to deal with the repeated headache.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

This was the worst experience I've ever had with a store. First they denied my prescription even though my vet approved it and we had to start the order entirely over. Then they put down the wrong shipping address (Why. I don't know as my address was listed CORRECTLY when I ordered this product online). Then it took 10 phone calls to get the address corrected... Nobody there seemed to care that they (Chewy) changed it internally to a wrong address after they cancelled it the first time by mistake. Then it didn't go out on time due to all the issues with Chewy. Finally, I needed this product desperately as it was a mare of mine that was having health issues and time was of the essence to treat her.

The day they were supposed deliver the product the service they used did not deliver it to me (but stated it was delivered). I repeatedly had to call Chewy to locate the package. The manager was arrogant and basically couldn't care less of the urgency I needed this medication. He stated I needed to file a police report and email that in and the following week they would ship out the product. He did not want to help me whatsoever even though I stated this medication was for a mare whose health was declining and this delay was seriously affecting her health. I have witnesses who looked for the package earlier at the mailboxes (that is where they stated to have delivered it) and we also thoroughly searched around the house to make sure it wasn't put somewhere else.

At about 6:30 pm I was advised by my neighbor (I had been making calls to make sure it wasn't delivered to someone else I knew in the vicinity) to go to all the subdivisions and check their mailbox stations. On my way out I found the package in the driveway (wasn't there when I came home at 5 pm or when the neighbor checked for me at 3 pm). All I can think is someone got the package by mistake at a different location and decided to drop it off at my address this evening. My entire experience with Chewy was absolutely HORRIBLE. The way they continually screwed up a time sensitive order then treated me as if I was the criminal that stole the package is unbelievable. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY IF YOU NEED MEDICATION THROUGH THE PHARMACY.

Chewy.com Company Information