3.5/5 (115 ratings)

About Chewy.com

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: March 5, 2022

Chewy is one of a few online sites that I use for my animal's needs. Anyone that knows me knows that my animals are my kids in every sense of the word. My Birthday is on March 5th and, on this day, I went to open my apartment door and noticed a small package from Chewy, however, I didn't remember ordering anything. I opened the package and saw a wrapped gift inside along with a card addressed to me. My initial thought was a friend used an old Chewy package to surprise me with a gift.

When I opened the card it was actually from the staff at Chewy. I proceeded to unwrap the gift and saw the back of a wooded canvas. When I turned the canvas over, it was a personal drawing of my cat, Tigger. My mouth dropped! It looked exactly like him to a T. All the way from the small stripes on his head to the shape of his mouth and chin and the color of his eyes. They used his picture profile from my account to do an actual drawing of him. It was absolutely amazing!! So much so that I began to cry and proceeded to message all my friends and family about what I had just received.

I've been in the customer service field most of my life and am currently a sales coordinator for both Hilton and Marriott hotels. I was never so impressed with any retailer as I was in that moment. The time and thoughtfulness behind this gift was beyond any words I can bring forth. In that simple act Chewy made an impression on me that I don't believe anyone else will be able to top. Seriously, to all those at Chewy, and especially to the person who drew my Tiggy, thank you so very much! I love this picture and this has sincerely touched my heart!!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I don't write many reviews but I want people to know what a wonderful company Chewy is. We have been using them for around 2 years. We normally shopped at Pet Smart but my daughter used Chewy for her dog food delivery. I went online and found out the food I bought was cheaper than at the store. Plus the toys are a whole lot cheaper and my animals love their toys. I like that you can set up auto-ship and not have to worry about placing an order each month. It's really easy to add to your auto-ship if you want to order a toy, extra treats, or a bed they have it all. I usually get my shipment the next day. Although I have had to wait for 2 days before. Shipment is truly extra fast.

One month we received our dry dog food, and it had an opening in it. So we called customer service to find out how to exchange the bag. Unlike other companies, there was no wait to speak to a customer service representative. The representative told us not to worry about returning the bag. To throw it out and they would get us a new one out that day. They also refunded the price of the food just for the trouble. Tell me what other company does that.

My 84-year-old mother started using Chewy because of the great service I had received, plus she didn't have to go out each month for supplies for her dog. She has an older dog and ordered a set of steps to help her get up on the bed. These were not cheap stairs. They were made of wood and cost over $100.00. Well, I went over to put them together for her, but they were way too big for her bedroom. So we called Chewy and explained the situation. They immediately refunded my mother's money, (she had it in 2 days) and told us to give the stairs to someone who might want them or to a local animal association that could use them. I recommend Chewy to everyone I know or talk to that has a pet. I love Chewy and their customer care is wonderful!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I'm not one to leave reviews but it is my pleasure to praise the help and 'above and beyond' treatment that we received from Chewy! We have been receiving a "Prescription Diet" food via autoship for our arthritic dog for 6 months. The process was easy to set-up and manage. I had just received notice that my last shipment had left the warehouse-when a quick decline in our Boxer's health called for us to make the decision of easing the burdens of his pain. We scheduled a peaceful 'in home' euthanasia.

The next day I cancelled my autoship, contacted Chewy, asked how to return my current shipment and collect a refund. Expecting to be given the runaround, I was very surprised to be contacted by customer service agent Teresa G. She had typed a very heartfelt condolence letter. She informed me she was trying to intercept delivery and had initiated a refund (which I received in record time). All of this took place on October 28th...on October 30th we opened our door to a beautiful flower arrangement. The condolence tag was signed by Chewy Customer Service. I was very touched. The service, help and personal contact we received at our time of grief was very unexpected and very much appreciate. A 5 star review is very graciously bestowed upon Chewy by the entire ** family. Thank you Chewy and your wonderful employee Teresa G.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Customer for life!! Sadly my daughter's horse passed away recently. He would not eat. We later found out it was due to the cherry tree we put his water bucket under. Those trees are highly poisonous to horses. I went to Chewy.com to stop my order. My horse feed was set to go out that day. I called and asked if they could stop the order. Nick, the guy I spoke with was so kind. I told him my horse did not eat any of the last order but we did open one bag. I asked if I could possibly return it. He gladly gave me a refund and told me I could give the feed to a local shelter or someone who may need the help for their horse. So he stopped the current order, gave me the feed to help someone else, and refunded me almost 200.00 for the feed I had purchased. That is not it.

My daughter who is 12 was so sad about her horse dying she asked me to get flowers. I purchased some dollar store flowers for his grave and she thanked me but asked if we could have real flowers for him. The next day a FLOWER BOQUET showed up at our house and a note from Nick from Chewy.com saying, "We're so sorry to hear of your loss of Star, and our hearts go out to you. We know this time is tough, and we're always here if you need anything". Can you believe that? What company does that for their customer and their horse at that!! My daughter and I were delighted.

They took the time to seek out a florist near me, order flowers, and have a note sent. Yeah, I'm not going anywhere else, ever. This is a great company. If they didn't already do a good job already with competitive prices, an easy to use website to adjust an order, good customer service, they also put a cherry on top and show they care about my pet. Good job and thank you very much Chewy (and Nick) for your generosity. It was truly a blessing to us.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Wish I could give more than 5 stars. Chewy has always had A+ customer service and we are long-time customers. One of our cats, a 17 yr-old gray tabby named Lucy, was in declining health with kidney issues and lymphoma. She passed away Wed 5-19-21 while we held her in our arms. I had recently ordered more "potty pads" because she had been missing the litter box, but now had no need of them.

I called Chewy to see if they would refund our purchase and spoke to an angel of a customer service representative named Haley (I believe she was in Texas). She could not have been kinder or more empathetic. She refunded our previous order in full and told me not to worry about sending back the product, but to donate it to an animal shelter. She said Chewy considers their pet owner customers as extended family and wanted to help by making the disposition and refund of my unneeded items as easy as possible. And within the week, a beautiful vase of flowers arrived at our door from Haley and Chewy with a handwritten note expressing their condolences and sorrow at our loss. We have never before had a business be so thoughtful and go so far to ease our sorrow as we experienced with Chewy and Haley. Thank you, Chewy and Haley, from the bottom of our heart for your kindness.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Chewy was contacted after I received many updates from FedEx regarding shipping of pet food and supplies. My order went from Ocala, FL (Chewy headquarters) to Kernersville, NC (which is only about 2 hours from our home in NC). After sitting in Kernersville at a FedEx it then went on a truck to Hutchins, TX where it sat for a few days, then to Tuscaloosa, AL where it sat for a day, then back to Kernersville, NC then finally to Durham, NC where it was delivered 9 days after ordering. If Chewy is going to advertise 1 to 2 day shipping then do it! I contacted Chewy reps on 2 occasions and they both told me a whole different story. One told me if I did not receive the box by Thursday at 10:00 PM a credit would be issued to my credit card because "that was not their way of doing business".

The 2nd rep told me they were sorry for it all and would give me a 10% (up to a $10 maximum) of a discount for my next order - even when I told them they lost me as a customer. This is NOT the first time this has occurred. Two more instances of bad delivery service and Chewy informed me they have no control over that. Yes, they do -- they can stop their contract with FedEx anytime they want. After getting so many complaints in NC one would think they would reconsider their shipping company.

Another instance I received a box so badly damaged that it probably came from Chewy warehouse like that - the food was opened up and rancid which destroyed all the contents of the box. It was riddled with worms and smelled so bad! They did credit me for the whole box and resent the items within 36 hours. I did tell them this time around that I can't have this any longer. I depend on Chewy and so do my pets. They have lost me as a good customer for over 5 years.

I'm done with reps that misrepresent Chewy and I'm done with anything to do with them any longer. This last shipping incident was the last! They tried to tell me that they were looking for the items in their warehouse and just "accidentally" put in the shipping information. I don't find that statement truthful because I had a tracking number and it was the same all the way through. Each warehouse in each part of the country issues tracking numbers. That box traveled all over the Southeast. I'm done with the awful shipping lately and the excuses of Chewy. And I'm tired of their "cutesy" talk - it's been "ruff" for a few days, etc. Yeah - I'd say so. Chewy is done for me! I'll go to a competitor or I'll travel around in my area to make sure I get what I need for my wonderful pets!

Original review: May 4, 2022

We called to cancel our autoship because our dog had passed away. The customer service rep was so kind and understanding, expressing her sympathies. Then, a few days later, we received a box of flowers (!!) via FTD with the sweetest note. What a company! Thank you, thank you!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I have been a customer for over a year, my dog's medication, food and clothing, supplies came from Chewy and my cat's clothing. In March 2021 I had spoke to customer service about my dog's meds. Not to charge or ship before the 3rd. I was assured I wouldn’t be charged until that date, I also requested a 15 day supply instead of 30 day. Explaining if it was charged earlier and more than 15 tablets it would create an overdraft and other problems like short on rent. The meds shipped before the 1st, it created a $45 overdraft and since they sent 30 days it also cost me a late fee on rent. To date their mistake has now cost me $240. I spoke to a pharmacy supervisor who refunded half the meds and also sent me 15 days worth of a costly med for April.

I contacted the company a few days ago and the pharmacy supervisor was out of line. She told me they aren’t responsible for how I choose to take care of my bank account and she will not do anything to make up for my loss. The way she spoke to me is completely unacceptable for someone in her position. I’m contacting the Attorney General and filing a claim against this horrible company for not taking care of the losses due to their customer service person's negligence, as well as the pharmacy supervisor. I’ve since found my dog's costly medication elsewhere for almost $20 cheaper per month.

Original review: April 26, 2022

For several years my long time buddy (Athena - sixteen yr old Maltese) developed serious heart problem. Everyone was very helpful to her needs. Unfortunately she passed 21 Apr '22 and Agent Dwaine sent flowers. Thank you!

Original review: April 23, 2022

Several times with my order I did not receive. I call to where my order is and find it has not been sent. WHAT. I PAID. My animals need to eat. Several hundred dollars is quite a bit of money for me. If I would have not called and waited how long? Why? They need to hire or not advertise 2-3 days shipping. That is wrong. My animals need to eat. I can and will drive for the animal food from now on. It is a shame for this company because this was such a good idea.

Chewy.com Company Information