2.6/5 (131 ratings)

About Chewy.com

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I've been shopping with Chewy for about a year and a half and have always been happy with the products and prices. A few months ago, I purchased a supplement for my kitten that was reported to help with his respiratory issues. Point being, it didn't help him any so I posted a review stating I didn't see any improvements.

I wake up this morning to an email from Chewy saying, "I recently read your review of the Vetoquinol Viralys Gel Immune Supplement for Cats and wanted to reach out to you. I'm so sorry that the supplement wasn't quite working for you as you hoped. Rest assured, I've processed a refund for $22.34 which will post to cat Mastercard ending in -**** within the next 3-5 business days. Instead of shipping anything back to us, in this case we ask if you would please donate this to a local shelter, rescue or friend in need so that way a down on their luck cat can have a brighter day. ". I never asked or expected this, so I was very amazed. Chewy's customer service truly stands out to any I've ever encountered. Thank you Chewy and Megan K. (customer service) for such a thoughtful gesture :)

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I have never experienced so much caring and consideration from a company in my entire life. It was an unexpected kindness when two different customer service representatives reached out to me in two separate emails to express their condolence for the loss of my dear sweet dog, Amelie. But they didn't stop there. A couple days later, a large box was delivered to my doorstep. When I opened the box, I felt stunned and shocked. Inside was a bouquet of beautiful roses with a note that read: "Losing such a big part of your family is never easy. We're thinking of you in this difficult time. Sending you love. Erika and Your Chewy Family"

Yes, it brought tears to my eyes and it still does. Thank you Chewy.com for showing all of us what it means to truly be of service to the greater good, even and especially while we each pursue our personal and professional lives. You have a customer for life and I am sharing the story of your kindness and your integrity with my family and friends as well as the world. Love from Veronica **.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I’ve been buying my dog food through Chewy for a couple of years now and it’s always been a good experience with unbeatable prices and fast shipping. Recently unfortunately, my beloved dog Emma passed away. She was the cutest chi weenie ever and looked like a puppy still at 13 years old… Anyways, I had her medication on Autoship with Chewy for only about 2 months but had to call and cancel the Autoship which was due to be delivered in two days. They were so kind and instantly refunded me for the medication whether it had shipped already or not. They just made it all so easy for me at a really difficult time.

A few days later my doorbell rang and I received flowers in a vase and was in complete shock when I read the note that Chewy had written in condolences for my loss. To some people pets are just pets but to my family they’ve always been just like our children so Emma will be sincerely missed and it really meant a lot that Chewy took the time to make it important. It was very wonderful of Chewy to go to the lengths they did for us, I still can’t believe they sent us flowers, thank you so much, I will forever be a customer.

Original review: April 22, 2022

This company really goes out of its way to provide not only quality customer service BUT thoughtful caring gestures as well. As far as products go, this is the company I rely on hands-down. But what prompted me to write this overdue review is this- bear with me. I lost my mom a year ago. And then in the most tragic of accidents, our beloved Ruby Louise, a mixed terrier, in November of 2021. I had just purchased a DNA test from Chewy for my daughter's Christmas present. I called Chewy to ask about returning the test, I was so devastated and it was pricey. They said to donate to our shelter (I did) and refunded the money - but that's not it...

One of my mom's favorite plant was her Christmas Cactus that she loved to display every holiday. When she passed, we gave it to her former caretaker. Lo and behold, around Christmas, Chewy sent me a condolence letter about Ruby along with...you guessed it - A Christmas Cactus. The same day - my mom's cactus' new owner, sent a picture of it blooming to me. I was a bucket of messy tears all over the place. I was so overwhelmed by the Kismet and the sentiment of Chewy. I think this company is so great.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Chewy is one of a few online sites that I use for my animal's needs. Anyone that knows me knows that my animals are my kids in every sense of the word. My Birthday is on March 5th and, on this day, I went to open my apartment door and noticed a small package from Chewy, however, I didn't remember ordering anything. I opened the package and saw a wrapped gift inside along with a card addressed to me. My initial thought was a friend used an old Chewy package to surprise me with a gift.

When I opened the card it was actually from the staff at Chewy. I proceeded to unwrap the gift and saw the back of a wooded canvas. When I turned the canvas over, it was a personal drawing of my cat, Tigger. My mouth dropped! It looked exactly like him to a T. All the way from the small stripes on his head to the shape of his mouth and chin and the color of his eyes. They used his picture profile from my account to do an actual drawing of him. It was absolutely amazing!! So much so that I began to cry and proceeded to message all my friends and family about what I had just received.

I've been in the customer service field most of my life and am currently a sales coordinator for both Hilton and Marriott hotels. I was never so impressed with any retailer as I was in that moment. The time and thoughtfulness behind this gift was beyond any words I can bring forth. In that simple act Chewy made an impression on me that I don't believe anyone else will be able to top. Seriously, to all those at Chewy, and especially to the person who drew my Tiggy, thank you so very much! I love this picture and this has sincerely touched my heart!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I have been a customer of Chewy.com for some time and have my order set on autoship with payment authorized. Today I get an email letting me know that per that autoship order has been paid for in full through the payment source. Just a few minutes later after taking money I get a notification saying they will NOT ship out my order till I call in and verify information. Why do they need to verify information AFTER AUTHORIZING THE CHARGE FIRST? Seems if there was any security concern you wouldn't process the payment. Nope, that's not how this company operates. Take money first then put order on hold? I have cancelled the order, the autoship and the account itself.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

After being a loyal Chewy.com customer for a number of years, I can't believe the poor customer service that I got. I placed an order for dog food, cat food and a few odd items for both...My order was a bit larger than normal, but I needed the items for my critters at home. Normally I get an email once the order is placed confirming what I have ordered and the total amount for the order. Not this time, and no email suggesting that I needed to contact Chewy in order to facilitate my order's delivery. So I checked my order online at my Chewy account and checked on my credit card. My order amount showed as Pending on my credit card, posted pending the day of the order. Three days after my order was placed, it was showing Preparing to Ship. Still no order confirmation email, so I thought I would do an online chat with a rep. That is where I learn that they need me to call to provide verification. Okay, why?

I have been a Chewy customer for years, and on top Got a really nice rep, Amber, who was able to look up my account, but she was not able to tell me why I need to be verified. There was no visible red flag on their end that she could tell me, just that I must have hit one of their new security parameters. She tells me no problem, she can cancel my order and then reorder it...Again, why should I have to do that? I told her, this will only extend the time frame for receiving my order, and I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my credit card information a second time for the same order. (Note: I have had past issues with my credit cards when I placed orders with Chewy and was told not to leave my credit card information on their website for future orders, so I delete it once the order is placed.)

Needless to say, I did cancel this order and will not order from Chewy again. I used to like ordering from them, but over the last 2 years, I have had too many issues. Amazingly enough, while I was on the phone talking to the customer service rep, Chewy sent an email to me that stated that my order was going to be delayed. Unfortunately, neither the rep nor I could see that before I cancelled the order.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

My address had a 1/2 in it. I placed an order. Gave payment info. The company's algorithm automatically. Before this occurred I clarified my address again with CS. When this happened CS said again, "We will correct it." I said no. I found my product elsewhere at a lower price in person not online.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Ordered thyroid meds as usual. Order didn't arrive. Customer service discovered they weren't shipped. No overnight option for customers whose dog need crucial meds? Seems for a company this large that should be an option particularly when they drop the ball. Needless to say they haven't arrived a second time by due date and that creates whole host of new issues and it's my pet that has to suffer literally. Gave 2 Stars as they refunded shipping.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I ordered my dog's prescription food on 12/31 and 1/3. I entered my updated credit card information, received confirmation of the orders and expected it to be here already. The 12/31 order was cancelled by Chewy.com and I didn't even a courtesy text or email notifying me of such. I had to find out when I went online and found it had been cancelled. I reordered again on the 3rd, again updating my credit card information and again I got a confirmation of the order. It was supposed to have been here yesterday, but instead I get an email at 10:15 last night stating it was also cancelled.

I called Chewy today and find out that their system blocked my update of my card. Their CSRs treated this like no big deal, no sense of urgency and I'll get his food in 3-5 business days, so maybe 12 days after I ordered it originally. I am a long-time customer and it seems that Chewy no longer sees customer loyalty as important and are only looking out for the almighty dollar.

Chewy.com Company Information