Chewy.com

Compare Pet Stores

Research top Pet Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Chewy is amazing. I put an order in and the next day it’s at my door. Free shipping. The most recent awesomeness I experienced was Andre from customer service helped me. I called in to cancel one item from my order and he said since it’s already out for shipment I should donate that item to my local animal shelter and they still refunded my money for that item. Chewy is amazing and I'm a lifelong customer!!!

They have an ad that states free shipping. Always not true. Only over $49. Called this morning and they did refund but how much have they made from folks that won't call. They acknowledge the ad is misleading but if you don’t call they're not offering to refund. Not good practice. With the shipping their dog food costs more than buying at Walmart. Although they responded appropriately I will no longer be using them.

At first I couldn't find my order number of the item I wanted to return so the young man that I spoke with politely and quickly found my account by my phone number. I told him the product wasn't what I expected and no questions. Asked for a refund and without a hassle I got a refund.

CHEWY.COM was once a competitive company... WAS. I have 12 rescues and order food three times a month. Their prices have skyrocketed. Greenies up almost 5 dollar a box. Their excuse... "we want to be in line with the stores"... wrong answer. They BRAG about convenience and cheap prices. Don't be fooled, they are no longer the best company with good prices. Going elsewhere now.

I have had a couple of issues with Chewy's Autoship. When I called they were very pleasant and resolved the issues immediately. The last time I had forgotten to cancel my autoship due to having a triple bypass of my heart. When I had called the person on the other end (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) told me that she was very sorry that that had happened. She refunded all of the money from the order and said that when the order arrived I could either keep it or donate it (I donated it to my local shelter).

The refund popped two days later. About a week after the phone call I received a get well soon card from them (Chewy) with a statement of, "If there is anything we can do to help with your pets..." I can't tell you how much this kind of support from a web based company means to me. I will never consider going to any other site or service anymore. Thanks to all the folks at Chewy (I would have left this review on their site but they don't have a review of their service on the site). You guys are the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Extremely happy with the service that I have received from chewy.com. I ordered shock collars. I was missing the control for one of them and the prongs weren't long enough for my smaller dog and I cannot buy a bigger one because how much he weighs. After letting Chewy know that the one shock collar would not fit my dog they asked me to please donate it to my local animal shelter which I gladly did and that they would reimburse me the full amount for both of the collars and they sure enough did.

They then asked for a picture of my dogs and when I came home today they had portraits made of them. This is the most amazing customer service I have ever received. I give them 5 stars but I wish I could give them a million. I love my babies and will cherish the portraits forever. Thank you so much for going above and beyond and for donating to our local shelters??? Very impressed and they have gained several loyal customers. Shared my experience on Facebook as well.

Chewy is my go-to for my dog's food, treats, toys, etc! They have amazing customer service, fast shipping, and competitive prices. They usually have the best prices from the research I've done. I'm also excited about the new food they put out, grain-free American Journey dog food. Great ingredients and great price.

Best pet supply company out there! I have ordered multiple orders from Chewy.com and they have all shipped within 2 days of ordering with fast shipping speeds! Their customer service is awesome as well, you can get connected with someone really fast and they can help you with your problem fast. I contacted customer service once because I bought the wrong food for my ferret and they refunded me the money and told me to donate the food to a shelter instead of sending it back which was AWESOME! 100% recommend this brand, they really care about their customers.

I had ordered a bag of dog food and it was shipped out as promised. FedEx on the other hand showed that they had delivered it to the correct address on the date it was supposed to be delivered. The problem was that my wife and I were home all day and FedEx never showed up. The tracking information showed that it was left at the front door (no signature required). Upon looking around and at the in-laws house the package was nowhere to be found.

I called FedEx to have them track it and then sent Chewy.com an email just so they knew what was going on with the package. The next morning I received an email from Chewy.com apologizing and stating they will be shipping out a replacement order at no charge. Every time a carrier has mis-delivered or not delivered an item at all it’s normally a big song and dance to resolve the issue either with the vendor or the carrier. With customer service like this Chewy.com will most certainly be getting more business from me.

I've ordered a few times with Chewy, two of the times plus today. DELIVERY BLOWS.. It comes from FedEx. And I will now stop ordering from Chewy because if they can't deliver it to my house then I will order from Amazon because I get everything delivered from them. Chewy needs to stop using this FedEx place. They are not delivering. And so to me, they are keeping it themselves. Yes Chewy sent it again but I cannot be the only one not getting my dog food. FedEx is a BAD JOKE...

We're all human and mistakes happen. Not everyone clears those mistakes equally. Chewy.com addressed and got the ball rolling for a solution in 7 minutes via email. Seriously, by the time I could put everything away and tell my wife what was missing, the email was there waiting for me. I recently made an order for a couple bags of hard cat food and a few boxes of wet cat food, received it a couple days later, but one of the bags and some of the pouches were missing from the shipment.

I emailed chewy.com, provided the appropriate information (shipment #, what was ordered and what was received). Hailey at chewy.com acknowledged that the mistake was possible in shipping, the missing items were shipped (and provided the replacement order number) and that the shipment will be a little delayed because of the July 4th holiday. Thank you very much.

I hardly ever write reviews but I have been so impressed by Chewy I feel that I need to. They have everything I need for my dogs at a price that is far better than any pet store. The best part is that it ships in 1-2 days. Their customer service is amazing and always helpful. I couldn't be happier I discovered Chewy!!

I've been a customer of Chewy.com for a few years. My German Shepherd, Ace recently passed away. I had just received a full bag of dog food & treats that I didn't even get a chance to open. I called to return the unopened items & they asked me to donate the food/treats to my local animal shelter. They credited my Visa account for the full amount! It's been over a week since my baby dog passed & today I received flowers from Chewy.com with a beautiful message! I can't believe how kind they are to their customers - you don't find companies like this anymore.

Aside from their kindness, their customer service and prices are great! If anything is received damaged, they don't even question it - they just send out a new product. Shipping is very fast - never took them more than 2 days. I honestly can't imagine shopping anywhere else for pet food & products. Everyone should give them a try - you won't be disappointed! This company goes above & beyond - it's not all about the money for them! Thank you, Chewy.com!!!

I was recently in a serious car accident and I am unable to drive so I decided to give Chewy.com a try so I didn't have to depend on people picking up food for my dogs. I placed my order one day and it was delivered the next. I am so pleased with the fast delivery and now I will always use Chewy.com for my dog's needs. Thank you so much.

I purchased a case of 24 cans of cat food and after receiving it my cat decided it was not a food that she liked. I left a 5 star review for the food itself but recommended finding somewhere that sold individual cans of the food. I hadn't looked into returning the food because their return policy stated the items be intact and I had already used a can. A couple days after leaving that review I received an email saying I would be refunded and they didn't even ask for me to return the product! Amazing company!

I pulled up my account to get a shipping confirmation after placing an auto ship order for 2 large bags of dog food. I called customer service after discovering I had no pending orders in my account. Customer service advised they me called two days after me placing my order "to confirm my shipping address". I did NOT receive a phone call from anyone and did not receive any message advising of the cancellation. Customer service did not seem the least bit concerned and I told them since I didn't have any pending orders to just leave it as is and I'll continue to buy from grocery store. She never offered to reinstate my auto ship order and said goodbye.

From the start when I contacted Chewy.com customer service the representative was sweet as can be. Not only was he so helpful in returning my products but he helped me by getting the right sizes and free shipping. Chewy.com rocks! Thank you! I will definitely be using Chewy products for the future.

We order from Chewy.com on a fairly regular basis. The last order was for $154 worth of product. FedEx said it was delivered. It was not. I called Chewy and spoke with Bianca and she fixed the situation in under 5 minutes. They are looking into what happened with FedEx and are shipping out another order today. I was upset thinking that I just lost $154 but they made it so simple. I highly recommend this wonderful company!!!

I just wanted to take a minute to say what a fantastic company Chewy.com is. I recently adopted two yorkie puppies and ordered two different kinds of harnesses for them on the chewy.com website. One pup is very tiny (the runt) while the other is normal size. One of the harnesses I tried was easier to put on the pups so I wanted to return the other one and order a second of the harness I preferred. Not only did Chewy.com's customer service make it easy for me to order the additional harness, they waived the shipping fee and told me to donate the other harness to a local shelter instead of returning it. I will 100% recommend this company to all of my friends with pets and will order all my pet products from this site! GREAT customer service.

I normally don't write reviews, but after dealing with a hellish day of in-store returns, my last return of the day completely WOW'd me. I called the customer service # to return a harness I got for my cat. I was ecstatic to not only find that I got through to a REAL PERSON right away, but that they were a genuinely kind, efficient person! I explained the reason for my call, they asked for my phone #, immediately pulled up my account, and said my refund would be issued in 3-5 days. To top it off, they told me not to worry about returning the item and that I could simply take it to my nearest animal shelter/pet drive. It sounds corny, but my animal-loving heart was filled with joy and my mind with relief knowing I didn't have to go through the returning process. I also noticed they weren't pushy about encouraging me to buy another product. It was a simple, to the point phone call. The way customer service should always be.

We by mistake ordered a wrong cage. Not only did the reps quickly correct it and ship out the right one, even told to donate the wrong one to shelter in the name of our pet if it comes! Amazingly funny thematic talking style. Bravo!

My experience with Chewy.com has been excellent! I would give them ten stars if I could. Great customer service and fabulous products and high quality dog food and the best bully treats for my Mastiff. The prices are great and I get my order within 3 business days. I normally don't write reviews but make your life easier and try Chewy. You won't regret it. I have been a loyal customer for 6 months and I tell everyone what a great company this is. Keep it up Chewy. We love you!!

My experience with Chewy.com has been the best I have ever experienced with either a big box, small chain, privately owned or online store. They had my products in stock and shipping was as indicated on their website. My 12 year old Cocker developed kidney problems and had to go on KD food. He would not eat the KD so I ordered some wet food I knew he would eat. He passed away before the food was gone. Chewy reimbursed me for all of the unused food when I let them know Maverick had passed. I had emails from a few different members of the Chewy family and all of them expressed their condolences in their own way. They are the most caring and compassionate group I have ever dealt with.

I started ordering from Chewy about 7 months ago when the intake of dog food I needed to buy increased by 4 paws! The auto shipping has always been easy to use. And changing dates for when I need my supply of pet products, has always been simple. Today, I received my order, with any extra bottle of shampoo. I called customer service, and was told my card was refunded. And I could take that extra bottle and DONATE it to a local shelter. This was the most outstanding news; it made me feel so glad that I chosen to trust this company with my dogs and other dogs out there!!! Also the selection is never ending!

I saved money from my first order to present. The products come immediately. I told my friend who has a cat on a limited ingredient diet. She says that she is very pleased and has saved a considerable amount of money, plus she loves the convenience. My next door neighbor also took my recommendation and said that he saved 10 dollars on one bag of his dog's favorite food. We need more businesses that are like Chewy.com.

The customer service couldn't be any better. You can change your auto order anytime, including the date that it ships. I have saved so much money ordering through Chewy AND everything shows up right on my doorstep ridiculously fast. I can't say the prices on everything are the absolute cheapest, but a good consumer will find fabulous deals here, including items half off of rare items that I can only find at the vet's office. I trust their products and advise the customer service people I've me. I am so pleased, I HAVE recommended this site and app to anyone and everyone that is a pet owner. PLEASE support this business! I'm proud to say that I do.

Cannot say enough good things about Chewy.com. The prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and my dog loves the products. There was one occasion where the dog didn't like the food. I called the company and they had refunded me in full. I didn't even have to send the food back! Another incident happened where the package said it was delivered but it was either delivered to the wrong house or stolen. I called the company and they sent out a bag of the same food with one-day shipping for free! I will continue to be a loyal customer to Chewy.com.

I have literally never written a review for a company but felt like Chewy needed to be recognized for excellent customer service. I have to buy special frozen food for my dog's allergies and the store near my home that sells it recently closed. It's become increasingly harder to find places in a convenient place to buy the food so I decided to try ordering online. The first shipment with Chewy was fine and as expected. I was excited about the free shipping and it got here really quickly - Which was great because I was almost out of food. The food arrived well packaged in dry ice to preserve the frozen food.

Shortly after my second order I received a phone call from Chewy informing me that my package was marked as "Delayed in transit" by FedEx. They explained that they didn't want to risk the food being compromised (Thawing out) because of the delay so they sent out a fresh bag. They called me at 3:40 pm on Tuesday, followed up with an email and I received the food by 10 am on Wednesday. If you're skeptical about ordering pet food online or unsure about trying Chewy.com, don't be. You won't be disappointed.

I first ordered from Chewy to get a vitamin powder called Nupro for our dog. We were happy with it, the results of it and our dog liked it. We were buying Blue Buffalo from PetSmart but then they stopped carrying the kind she liked. Bought another flavor but she spits the tiny little pieces and doesn't seem to like it. Unhappy with PetSmart's selection and prices, I decided to search Chewy for new food and bought Acana. She seems to really like it and is now eating better. Chewy's shipping is literally lightning fast and the prices are very reasonable.

I got my first dog February 2016. He's a little over a year old. He's super picky and the pet shops in my area don't have the food and treats that he likes. So glad I found Chewy! Even if I want to do a last minute order, the shipment usually arrives the next day with no extra cost... I won't order anywhere else because I feel like this is five star service, also great product selection and toys for small breed dogs. Thumbs up!!!

Chewy.com Company Profile