3.26/5

Looking for a pet store?

Looking for a pet store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Chewy.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

My 12 year old boxer sadly suffered with horrible food allergies. He was allergic to chicken, beef, rabbit, kangaroo, pork, rice, potatoes, peas, corn, wheat, etc. To make matters even harder, once we found a food that worked for him, it would work for only about 2 years until that made him sick, too. Even veterinarian-prescribed foods made him sick! His doctor told us that we would be lucky if he lived past 7. Our sweet dog lived until 12, far exceeding the typical lifespan for a healthy boxer! I give a lot of the credit to Chewy. Not only do they have expansive dog food options, they have filters that help you easily find what will work for your dog. There have been several times over the years that I've been trying to find a new food for Diesel, only to find it didn't work after a few days of trying. In each instance, Chewy refunded me in full and told me to donate the remaining food, which I always did.

Recently, we sadly lost our sweet Diesel. He was having digestive issues again and, the morning of the day he died, I ordered a new food from Chewy that I hoped would work. The next day, I emailed them and asked them to cancel the order - it would be far too painful to see it. Chewy wrote me one of the most thoughtful, kindest emails I've ever received - definitely the kindest email I've ever received from a company. They offered to be there for me if I ever wanted to call and share stories about Diesel. Who does that??? Furthermore, the food had already shipped but, they literally tried to get the truck to stop from delivering it to my house. They refunded me in full. If that wasn't enough, they sent flowers to my house with a very thoughtful note! Chewy does not feel like a company, they feel like a friend. I cannot be more grateful for the wonderful service they provided during Diesel's life and their thoughtfulness following his death.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We have been with Chewy for years. We started Chewy For convenience. Then we found out that our black lab had severe allergies. We had an extensive list of foods that she could not have. After going through the list and going through food ingredients it became very frustrating. I emailed Chewy her allergy list and they did the footwork for me. I was very appreciative due to frustration and lack of time period Chewy made it very convenient for us to make sure that our dog was well taken care of period. Also we were on auto ship and the shipment had K had not come in the 3 day. That it was supposed to. So we called Chewy to say that it still wasn't at our home and expressing frustrations due to our dog not having food and it was a special order item. They overnighted a bag of food right away. And then gave us the shipment that was late for free.

Recently Lucy had passed away. The day before she had passed we had received our Chewy shipment still in the Box. I called to let them know that Lucy had passed and that we would like to see if we could get a refund for the food that was unopened. They They generously gave us a refund and asked us to donate to a shelter or a charity of our choice. 4 days after Lucy's passing I had received an FTD Box on my door unsure who it was from. When I opened it there was a dozen roses and a card from Chewy expressing their condolences for our loss of our dog. Chewy goes above and beyond all customer service I have ever received. Although it is hard to think of getting another dog at this point I know in the future if you decide to do that that we will definitely use Chewy in the future. They go above and beyond and really care for their customers!

Grateful heart,

Ryan and Jonnie

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I have been a Chewy customers for about 3 months now and I wish it was longer! I have had nothing but positive experiences. I have dog food on "auto ship" and it's the best thing I have EVER done. Every shipment arrives quickly and always when they say it will. The customer service is out of this world! I had my latest shipment damaged, in transit. I called in and the representative was very quick to apologize and shipped me a replacement immediately. The damaged item was a package of ** that was shipped in the same box as my 30 pound bag of dog food. The rep sent me out a new box of ** immediately and at no charge.

The next day, my husband noticed that some of the ** had leaked onto the bottom of the bag of dog food. I reached out to customer service through email and inquired about the material the bag of food was made from. They were quick to respond back and understood my concerns about the ** possibly contaminating the food. They immediately shipped me out another bag of food and told me to throw the other bag away. They didn't even want me to return it. They even asked if I would be willing to send them a picture of my dogs. I gladly attached a picture of both of my dogs and the follow up email included very lovely compliments on my fur babies.

I can't imagine anyone could have a bad experience with Chewy. They have been AMAZING with me. They stand by their products and REALLY honor their 100% guarantee. The customer service members are so very nice and sweet. It doesn't matter if you call in or email them, you will ALWAYS be treated with respect and compassion. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! Please keep up the good work and respect for your customers! For anyone who hasn't tried Chewy yet... What are you waiting for? You won't regret shopping with Chewy!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Chewy is hands-down one of the best companies I've worked with when it comes to customer service. I will provide a few examples to back-up my rating. My mom purchased a big order on Chewy.com for their dog Sadie and unfortunately she passed away unexpectedly before they received the shipment. This was obviously devastating - and my mom decided to call Chewy to see if they could cancel the order. Rather than cancelling the order, Chewy customer service told her to keep the shipment and donate the items to our local animal shelter. They also credited her account for the order. To top it off, a beautiful bouquet of flowers showed up at my parent's house with a heartfelt note about Sadie. It brought our entire family to tears and I felt it was necessary to share our experience.

I just recently got my own puppy and I knew I wanted to support Chewy.com, so I made my first purchase online. I ordered some dog food on Sunday since we were running low. As a first time buyer, I received a coupon and free 1-2 day shipping. I called to figure out the status of my order (because I didn't see a confirmation email - which was my fault because I typed in the wrong email address) and she informed me that the order had been processed and would be delivered by end of day Thursday. This information came as a surprise to me because I was expecting it by today (Tuesday) or tomorrow at the latest since it was supposed to be 1-2 day shipping.

I briefly mentioned that I would need to go buy some puppy food tonight since we were out. Without hesitation, the customer service representative insisted that she credit my card on file with money to purchase dog food in the meantime. I reassured her that this was not necessary, but she was adamant about doing it given the inconvenience. I was shocked - I did not expect that response at all but it was greatly appreciated! I cannot stress how great their customer service is and I will be a lifetime customer!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have been using Chewy.com for about a year now and I would honestly give it 6 stars if I could. They have better prices with a good amount of items than most chain pet stores and offer a wide variety of items, some that are hard to find in the pet stores near me even. My husband and I needed a leash leader and had bought one at PetSmart for a little over $30. Our 1 year old puppy of course got her paws on it and chewed it to bits. We decided to see if Chewy had the same since we already knew which we wanted and when we found it on the site it was literally HALF the price of the one we bought at PetSmart, and the exact same brand/item.

There was one time where I ordered puppy food and instead somehow managed with senior dog food. I called and was answered on the first ring, was not told to hold, and was greeted politely. I told them what had happened, and they were more than accommodating by sending out the correct food and telling me I could donate the senior food if couldn't use it which I loved.

This last order I got was smashed up by the mailing company. You could tell that somehow it had been split open and then someone had tried to tape it shut again. As I was going through it (nothing damaged surprisingly) I did notice one item was missing and assumed it had fallen out when it was smashed open. I called customer service and again was answered on the first ring at 9:41pm my time and was treated courteously and not put on hold.

I explained the problem and before I had called I noticed that the item that was missing was ironically an item I had purchased the wrong size of. I told the customer service representative and he refunded the money for the large and reordered me a medium for the right cost right then and there. It was easy and extremely stress-relieving to get it taken care of all in one go. I will continue ordering from them for as long as I have animals honestly. I have NEVER dealt with a company before this with such great customer service and reliability. I am extremely grateful and I actually never feel annoyed with having to call if I need help with something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Seller delivered a cheap dog crate instead of a $165.00 dog stroller promised on 12/14/19. Contacted seller to cancel transaction. Seller would not provide a proper and legal return receipt and cancellation nor would they refund my payment to Paypal or update my Chewy.com account. They lied and said it would take 3-5 days. I said the credit is immediate on Paypal. The call ended by them hanging up on me. I went to my Chewy account and there was NO credit issued. I checked my Paypal account and NO credit was issued. Spoke to "5" supervisors at Chewy to get a proper receipt of my return and refund. They would not provide one. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE AND I reported this to the BBB. This company has a "F" rating on the BBB.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I usually receive items in a day or two. But this last one ordered on the 11th. When I inquired about delay I received an no empathic email. Oh well now today in the 14th I receive when checking tracking on package there was an incremental weather delay. Lol. What?? We had drizzle not downpours and it was out for delivery 100 dollars worth of dog food out for delivery the next town over. 10 minutes away and they couldn't deliver. Weather made it unsafe??! Again what??? Now they say the 17th. So now a week for delivery. As you can imagine to say the very least truly disgusted. Not customer service. Not professional at all.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I recently ordered a couple items off of Chewy as stocking stuffers for our 3 dogs and cat. The package was estimated to arrive on Dec. 12th; however, there was a small delay and I was updated that the package would not arrive until Dec. 13th. I really liked that they updated me about my package(s). When the packages arrived I noticed that I was missing an item that I ordered. I emailed their service team and within an hour I received an email with the new order completely free of charge and a second email informing me that that they have processed a replacement order. I am so beyond pleased with the items I ordered and even more pleased with the service staff at chewy. I will always recommend them to friends and family as well as order anything my fur-babies need from chewy in the future.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Ordered PROFENDER WORMER FROM CHEWEY yesterday. Messaged 24 hours later and still hasn't shipped and still haven't contacted the vet. Yet this med is for sale online and in stores without prescriptions. Never ever will use them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

They advertise 2 day shipping on their site, this is a lie. Placed an order on 12/5, the first 2 packages showed up on 12/10 and the last one still hasn't arrived and says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time.". Customer service is unhelpful at best, They will lie to cover their deceitful practices. Was told they won't deliver packages on Monday, what carrier does not deliver on Mondays? That is not 2 day shipping! They offer no resolution other than "Once the tracking update with a delivery date we will send you all updates.", This helps no one. People rely on this promise of 2 day shipping for things like food and medicine. You are better off with Amazon or the pet store.

Chewy.com Company Information