3.56/5

Looking for a pet store?

931 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have been using Chewy.com for about a year now and I would honestly give it 6 stars if I could. They have better prices with a good amount of items than most chain pet stores and offer a wide variety of items, some that are hard to find in the pet stores near me even. My husband and I needed a leash leader and had bought one at PetSmart for a little over $30. Our 1 year old puppy of course got her paws on it and chewed it to bits. We decided to see if Chewy had the same since we already knew which we wanted and when we found it on the site it was literally HALF the price of the one we bought at PetSmart, and the exact same brand/item.

There was one time where I ordered puppy food and instead somehow managed with senior dog food. I called and was answered on the first ring, was not told to hold, and was greeted politely. I told them what had happened, and they were more than accommodating by sending out the correct food and telling me I could donate the senior food if couldn't use it which I loved.

This last order I got was smashed up by the mailing company. You could tell that somehow it had been split open and then someone had tried to tape it shut again. As I was going through it (nothing damaged surprisingly) I did notice one item was missing and assumed it had fallen out when it was smashed open. I called customer service and again was answered on the first ring at 9:41pm my time and was treated courteously and not put on hold.

I explained the problem and before I had called I noticed that the item that was missing was ironically an item I had purchased the wrong size of. I told the customer service representative and he refunded the money for the large and reordered me a medium for the right cost right then and there. It was easy and extremely stress-relieving to get it taken care of all in one go. I will continue ordering from them for as long as I have animals honestly. I have NEVER dealt with a company before this with such great customer service and reliability. I am extremely grateful and I actually never feel annoyed with having to call if I need help with something.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have a seven-month-old lab. Let me preface this by saying we have had many labs because we breed labs. However this particular lab is by far the most destructive dog we have ever had. Since recently providing her own private space to live in, I was looking for a bed that was indestructible. I contacted customer service and they recommended a particular bed for me. As a result, I ordered two. One for the puppy who destroys everything and another one for our six-year-old lab. With hesitation, I placed my puppy’s new bed in her doghouse and for safety‘s sake I even sprayed dog repellent on it so she wouldn’t chew it. Inside of an hour, she had completely destroyed the bed. Well not completely. I was able to re-stuff it and salvage enough that it could be repaired and used by the older lab.

I thought I would keep the one that had been damaged and return the one that had not been damaged. I contacted customer service and asked them to provide me details for a return. Very shortly, I received an email that said my credit card had been credited and I was free to do with the bed as I chose to do, but they hoped I would donate it to a shelter. I was in shock and replied to the email asking them didn’t they want the bed back? They replied quickly saying no. Donate the bed to the shelter if see it fitting. REALLY? They asked no questions. They didn’t want to know why I wanted to return the bed. They simply credited my card and told me to help out animals in the shelter. Ordering from this company is a no-brainer. You were at zero risk if you are not 100% happy with your product. They back everything they sell. They back every product they sell. I will not hesitate to order from this company again.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased a cat bowl with a rubber ring to keep it in one place. Simple correct? Wrong! Not a happy camper. When I received the bowl the rubber was too smelly for me let alone my feline. Their sense of smell is more sensitive than humans. Sprayed an odor neutralizer & aired it 4 days. Results, awful smell still there. Since I was having a HORRIBLE day I was hoping I didn’t take it out on the person who answered the phone. Samantha couldn’t of have been more service oriented & had a great sense of humor & a pleasant demeanor. She won me over & literally had a calming effect on me. ;) It was quite common to receive helpful service at most businesses once upon a time. However, yrs later our society along with business have changed dramatically for the worse, but I didn’t find this at Chewy.com with Samantha.

She’s an asset to Chewy.com. She is sending a replacement without me having to send mine back & will have the stock person check to make sure I receive 1 without an odor. This is extremely helpful because of limited transportation & health issues & of course I don’t want to be bothered with calling about another smelly bowl. Because of her understanding demeanor & service, I asked her opinion about a toy for my dog to enjoy & maybe help relieve some anxiety my dog is picking up from me. She recommended Dr. Lyon’s calming aid that she gives her dog & she finds it helpful. Animals can’t talk so we need to try & figure out what to do. I appreciate when people share their experiences. I’ll come back & report on how it works for my dog.

She also recommended Kong plush toys for my chewer. I asked her she wasn’t a pushy salesperson. She too has a chewer & her dog hasn’t chewed through them even though he works hard at it. My dog does the same thing. It’s their mission in life. ;) I will come back & report on these toys as well. I purchased a much more expensive ball/toy & Gidget was not interested. She has picked it up a few times & but the toy/ball is a bust. Just a side note: I’m not a gullible person just the opposite & yet I feel confident that Samantha was giving me her honest experiences. I will come back with the results.

I will now be ordering my cat food & litter "World's Best Cat Litter" been using for about 17 yrs? (Been a while) with Chewy instead of Walmart. Their prices either match Walmart or better & of course lower prices than pet stores. This helps me out a great deal because I don’t have to ask/rely/bother a friend or my son to help me with ANOTHER :( errand. ;) Yay! I highly recommend Chewy.com. With the integrity of the company I will probably get on automated ordering.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

WOW!!! Once you hear how over and beyond Chewy goes for their customers you too will want to become a lifelong customer. Our sweet 15 year old Australian Shepherd, Sadie, who was also my Service Dog and Therapy Dog, passed away on Monday/16 July 2018. For over 10 years she brought comfort and joy to many people in our community. We had thought for the past week that since she was getting a little wobbly on her feet that she might be able to use a doggie wheelchair so we ordered a very nice one through Chewy. I want to mention that she was in no pain at all, just weak from old age muscle loss.

The wheels arrived in 2 days, however by then she was not able to use it so we set it aside for the week and 3 days after her passing I called Chewy to discuss a refund. I was brought to tears while on the phone with the representative who was cheerful without being overly so and also expressing his sympathy for us - It was a very pleasant conversation. He asked that I donate the wheelchair and had already credited my account for the full amount which was over $200. He also noticed that I had ordered 3 of another product 6 months earlier and which was fairly expensive (but I didn't even mention it to him) and he credited me for that amount also, asking that I donate the products.

It gets even better - I mentioned that I was going out of town in a day or so, and he said he hated to break the surprise but they were going to send me a floral arrangement! I asked that since they do this act of kindness routinely, that the flowers instead be donated to someone having a bad day - which he said he would and give them in memory of our sweet Sadie. He did warn me though that they would be sending us a card, which we will gladly accept. Whew - had I known ahead of time the SUPERIOR customer service and GENUINE compassion I received - I would have been better prepared with several tissues. What a nice company. The rep said he loved working for Chewy and that it was truly a great company to be associated with. We do not have other pets now, but in time I'm sure we will open our hearts and home again. I will be doing as much pet related business with this company as is possible.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have been using Chewy.com for several months now and I have been so impressed with this company I felt I had to give them the praise they have earned. I am a stickler for customer service. I remember the days when businesses actually cared about keeping their customers happy & a person answered when you called with a question/concern. I find it frustrating to call a business & have to listen to 5+ options and then be told to go to their website if I’m experiencing problems with my service. That is why I appreciate Chewy.com. I’ve had occasion to call them 3 times & each time a person has answered, intelligibly stated their name and asked how they could assist me. When an item on my Auto Ship order had become unavailable I received a phone call from Chewy.com apologizing for inconvenience & asking what I’d like to order instead, if anything.

They were very patient & helpful while I perused my options and made an alternate choice. Most recently my order arrived and 1 of the items had been damaged during shipping & had gotten all over the other items. I called on a Saturday and spoke with “Janice” who apologized to me and my pets and sent out a new order which just arrived and prompted this review. The original items, other than the 1 that had leaked out into box, were in no way damaged or unusable as all were sealed in either cans, airtight bags and/or plastic containers. Today an entire duplicate order arrived in perfect condition! I will be donating the items from the first order to our local shelter. After reading some of the posted reviews, most favorable, I felt compelled to mention that in this day and age with so many websites and businesses available to the consumer, I feel that customer service should be rewarded with loyalty.

Chewy.com has earned a customer for life in me if they keep up their excellent customer service and excellent delivery service. I live in a very remote area where USPS does not deliver to individual homes and my only option is FedEx or UPS. Regrettably I will not be renewing my Amazon Prime when it expires since as they have started using the USPS I have to have Amazon orders sent to a relatives home 30 miles away. Not exactly convenient. In conclusion, my opinion is that Chewy.com is a company that stands out for its comprehensive website, its amazing selection and its outstanding commitment to providing unequaled and unique customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Check your account! Autoship prices jumped from $65 to $78 in a matter of a few months, without notice! When I called to ask why, I was told their prices "fluctuate daily based on supply and demand." Um, what? This isn't a commodity, Chewy. You're better off just buying from your vet or a retailer in your neighborhood. Sneaky business practices!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Yesterday May 14 I placed an online order, second one in two weeks. I paid for it and was sent a email. I checked email and find that my address, which was correct two weeks ago is wrong. Call them, talked to a rep and she said she will get it right. About an hour later Chewy takes additional $9.44 out of my account and so again I call them. I was told that it is because my order is coming from two different warehouses and they do this (putting money on hold) until it ships from that warehouse. So today, I call for the 4th time and ask after viewing that my address is NOT changed with FedEx. Why? Was told that they will call AGAIN! SO I call FedEx to confirm and only one of my tracking numbers is confirmed a change of ship to.

I call yet a 5th time and talk to yet another Supervisor. I got the shipping address taken care of and started about the monies that they STOLE from my account and by the time I was off the phone my order is free and was told that no more charges would be taken from my Bank. Well tonight I get another text from my bank saying Chewy just did almost another $29 pending charge!!! So the 6th call I call and was told the same thing about different warehouses and told them they already have stated that I will not be charged for this order and that as of noon today I was not to get any more pending charges on my account.

Now I am told to call my Bank and they will talk 3 way with them or an email or a fax. It will take 3 to 5 business days to get it back! They have $91.00 almost double what my order was on a pending status at my Bank that I can not touch! I told them my money all of it better be there by tomorrow or I am calling a Lawyer! Chewy sees nothing wrong with reaching into your account and taking what they want and saying it is because of warehouses! I will NEVER do business with this company and again or would recommend them to anyone I know!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Our family loves this company! They have the best customer service and I'm so glad they still act like a small family-owned company. Our beloved pup passed away and we called them to cancel her subscription. A few days later we were surprised and so touched that they sent us flowers with a lovely note and a reimbursement of our last purchase. Absolutely love this company and really feel the love!

Original review: May 15, 2019

My family would like to thank the company from the bottom of our hearts! My dog had passed away unexpectedly and I had to call and cancel my order and they were very helpful! And two day later they sent us flowers to our front door unexpectedly and it touched our hearts!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Placed my first order and signed up for autoship in order to get the 30% off my first order. Also ordered over $49 in order to get the free shipping. Received order confirmation and then the next day received email that my order would not be processed because the promotion is for first time customers only. Obviously I am a first time customer or the 30% off promotion would have never gone through at the check out. This company is VERY SHADY. Will not be ordering from them again. I do not recommend ordering from this company.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have been a Chewy.com member since fall 2018. My experience has been nothing short of quick, responsive, and simply wonderful. Right off the bat, when Chewy.com states customer service is available 24/7, they actually mean a real, living, breathing human being will answer the phone in a couple rings - no need to press numbers or get frustrated with a voice-guided menu. He or she will take care of any questions or concerns you may have regarding your order. When I accidentally ordered the wrong cat food for my first order, I used the "Chat" option on the web page to rectify my order before it was shipped. Not only did the helpful Chewy.com team member update my order, she also set up a profile for my rescue cat!

I sometimes order food for the local animal shelter and when there was an issue with delivery, I called to provide updated delivery instructions and they were able to relay those instructions to the driver. Now that I use the Chewy.com Android app, ordering items for my kitties, the local animal shelter, and wild birds is a breeze. I am a very happy customer of Chewy.com. Two thumbs and two paws up for Chewy.com!

Original review: May 11, 2019

We run a non-profit animal rescue (Saving Whiskers and Tails, LTC in Oklahoma). Several times people have brought donations of food, toys and treats for our rescue pets that they ordered from Chewy and requested a return for whatever reason. Chewy refunds their money but instead of asking for the return of merchandise, suggests that it be donated to a local rescue. They have no idea how much this policy is appreciated by its recipients. Thank you Chewy for giving back to local community shelters. We appreciate you!

Original review: May 10, 2019

May 6th payment hold for purchase May 7th. Items shipped. Separate payments made for each which totaled May 6th amount on hold. May 9th called to see why there was still a hold for the original amount. Rep said it will be released on May 14th but she was confused on the amount of number in my order number so she was going to ask someone else and OOPS we got disconnected, emailed customer service and was told that I needed to contact my bank it was their fault that it had not been released and I could call them back on a 3 way with the bank.

This has never happened to me with any other online orders I have placed. I told them in the email that if this is the way they do things that I would not use them again. Called my bank and they said that Chewy puts a hold for a specific date to be released so they are holding my money and my account is out double the amount spent. Why don't they have the technology to release. Once paid they should not put a week long hold especially when the second payment is made and cleared. Poor accounting management. I had to give a star or this would not post I would give them 1/2 star.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We ordered our prescription for Nexgard Chewables and elected to send our prescription in by mail. The whole process took less than a week and the Nexgard was at our doorstep. We saved $48.00 by asking our Vet to write us a prescription rather than buying the Nexgard there at the clinic. We will definitely use Chewy.com in the future for our dog's prescriptions.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I am an active customer for a while now and place numerous orders. I have never been let down with products or delivery. They truly showed me how much they care after I experienced the death of my pet. I will not shop anywhere else again!! Thank you Chewy.com for your support!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Save yourself a headache. Use Amazon. Their carrier will go for months with no problem... Then can't get the address right. Can't find the correct state. Can't get their vehicle down the driveway... I have several deliveries every month. This last catastrophy was all I could handle. I was going on vacation trying to save time. The order did not come. I had to repurchase to have supplies for the sitters while I was away. Chewy.com told me they would have the carrier redirected to me... and refund my money because of the hassle. 10 days later and neither has happened. I'm done with them and I work at a grocery store. I USED to be a big fan!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Every time I’ve ordered from Chewy.com (and it’s often), the order is always accurate and very speedy delivery. I have 2 kittens and for their 1st birthday, I received a handwritten birthday card for them! How thoughtful and wonderful for a company to do, I was blown away and was extremely impressed with the care of their customers.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been a customer for over 7 yrs. I am disabled and this was perfect for me. The prices seemed good and they used to be able to return it your pet did not like. Also if anything was damaged you would just send them a picture and they would replace. Well that all has changed. Now since they are advertising and more people know about them their customer service is too busy to handle orders or questions. Items came damaged more often since they would pack a 40lb bag of cat litter with a plastic great had and pack heavy cases of wet food with bags of dry food. I would open the box and the bags were ripped. More than half the cans dented or even leaking (oh the smell).

Yes their prices are good but not worth having to return all the damaged items before they would even consider replacing. I would spend $150 to $ 250 a month and they do not care. Is I am wondering if the food was even fresh because my cats would not eat their favorite foods. I just thought they were changing but as they say YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Amazon now has a pet section and will ship there.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My cat required special food we purchased from Chewy. After she passed away I contacted them regarding 37 cans of unopened food inquiring about a refund. The representative refunded the cost of the food and requested I donate it to an animal care organization. I dropped it by the SPCA that day and today received a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet condolence note from Chewy. Top notch organization and I will be a customer for life.

JB-C

Original review: May 7, 2019

This is the 2nd time they forgotten to ship my seizure meds for my dog. He has violent cluster seizures and is on NEED TO BE heavy medication. When I spoke to the vet whom they were suppose to contact for authorization I was informed they never reached out to them. Then I expressed the urgency of the meds being on time; the supervisor-CHRIS- expressed his concern and said he'd expedite the meds. I never received an email stating the order was shipped along with the tracking number. So I called back ONLY TO BE TOLD THE MEDS NEVER SHIPPED AND THE ORDER ISN'T MARKED TO BE EXPEDITED. I don't understand what part of seizure medication is not understood and then lie to me!!! I cannot do busy with a dishonest company and I'd encourage others not to as well. MY POOOR DOG!

Original review: May 6, 2019

When my Chewy order was delivered via FedEx to the wrong address, Chewy re-submitted my order for me free of charge, and it was shipped within 1 day! I have used Chewy over a year, love the convenience. Never had a shipping problem before, it was FedEx error, not Chewy's. They are great! Thanks Chewy!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had been ordering from Chewy.com for over a year and was completely satisfied with their products and service. When I was not, I was issued a refund without asking for it. Our dog became ill and had to be put to sleep. I called Chewy to stop the autoshipment and spoke to "Sarah". She was so sympathetic and understanding. Approximately 10 days later, we received the prettiest bouquet of flowers with a sympathy card from Chewy/Sarah. It was so touching and kind.... If we are to get another pet, we will definitely use Chewy.com. Thank you for caring so much.

Original review: May 4, 2019

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IpWL/chewy-com-picky-eaters. Clearly this states that they are happy to help customers with dietary preferences and needs for their fur babies. Not the case! Instead they DEMAND that opened and used food be returned, which they cannot resale and is a waste of my time, theirs and money! This commercial CLAIMS they support shelters through these donations. FALSE FALSE FALSE!!!

“This commercial was an example of how we can handle these situations. All returns are handled on a case by case basis, and in some cases we will need you to send the items back to us. We also have our return policy listed under the FAQ of our website, and I've provided a link below. Chewy FAQ: http://ms.spr.ly/6188THl0A. In the case of this return, we do need the food sent back to us. I'm happy to help set up the Autoship with the correct food in the meantime.“

Original review: May 3, 2019

The selection is great, the shipping is fast, and I have been blown away by Chewy's Customer Service department. Seriously, customer service has become a lost art but on the several occasions I have needed to contact Chewy they have gone way above the standard to make sure I'm satisfied. It's hard to find this kind of service in a shop down the street but it amazes me that a .com store over the internet takes their customers so seriously. I generally believe in buying local (I came to Chewy because my cat had thyroid disease and the only place I could find her special prescription medicine was at Chewy), but they have a customer for life in me.

When I recently contacted them regarding healthy foods for my new cats because my previous (hyperthyroid) cat had passed away, not only were they extremely helpful in identifying foods to meet my cats' needs (along with links to each brand) but they were also incredibly, honestly heartbroken and compassionate about my loss. Again, I just didn't expect this kind of human connection with a dot com. Forget the Disney Model of customer service, I now aspire to the Chewy.com Model of customer service!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Recently Bella and I was attacked by two Siberian huskies. Devastated I called Chewy.com to asked about the best product to purchase and was advised about the best product for the protection for me and my Bella but also the well being of the aggressive dogs. So Thank you for your expertise because even in this bad scenario we want the best outcome for all involved.

Original review: April 30, 2019

About 6 months ago I started ordering from Chewy.com. First order went well then the problems started: I ordered food on a Friday. Well that order did not ship (was told they only ship food the next day Monday thru Thursday) ok, ordered food on Sunday night (figuring I had two days of food so I should be good) so it shipped on Monday from PA (I live in MA 5 hours away) and I figured it would arrange by Tuesday. Nope. Customer service told me they can only guarantee 1 day shipping in areas near the distribution centers. NOWHERE WAS I INFORMED OF THAT.

I have family in the Pennsylvania/Ohio border and I can get to them in less than two days! It will most likely be here on Wednesday. What is the point?? It would take less time and less frustration to drive to a pet store near me (and barely more expensive). They have lost my business. Remember you have to order between Monday thru Thursday AND you have to live in the state of the distribution center.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I order my cats Prescription cat food quarterly from Chewy. I was impressed and recommended them to anyone with a pet! I was completely satisfied until now, the first time I EVER made a non-prescription purchase and my card was overcharged and twice over two days! I made a purchase Last night for $41 total, 6 items. 5 would be shipped in one package, and one item would be shipped by itself. I didn’t think anything of it because I order stuff from Amazon all the time and it’s delivered in separate packages.

This afternoon, the next day, I received an alert from my credit card company for a charge for a little over $5 from Chewy, on the same card. I logged into my account on Chewy and there was no other item purchased nor other order. I then immediately logged into my credit card and saw the $41.01 charge pending and then the $5.06 charge pending. I called your customer service and got a woman who didn’t seem to understand or comprehend what the deal was. She said the charge was because the other item, the one item shipped by itself, is being shipped from a different warehouse so Chewy put a hold on the card for that item again plus tax, she said it should drop off my credit card after perhaps 48 hours.

The thing is I had ALREADY PAID for that item, how can you charge a customer twice for one item because it’s being shipped from a different warehouse but once it’s delivered the charge should drop from the credit card???? Then the rep told me that the charges add up to the $41.06 which I had to explain they don’t and she finally agreed they don’t but she didn’t understand what the big deal was. It’s $5.06 and it’ll drop off my account in roughly 48 hours. After explaining over and over why I was frustrated. I finally had to hand the phone to my husband who was on the phone with the poor girl for 45 minutes trying to explain to her that yes it is $5 but a pending charge takes away the available credit in the account. She fought and fought with us.

Meanwhile I called my credit card company and told them the charge was not made by me and they told me that a pending charge can not be disputed until it is posted that the merchant has the chance to cancel the transaction, but they would make a note. So my husband tells Chewy this and they say they cannot cancel the transaction unless they talk to my bank. You cannot cancel a $5.06 charge that you wrongly charged me unless you talk to my bank?

Ok, at this point I am fuming. I call the credit card company back and explain what has developed and they transfer me to a supervisor who can talk to Chewy. Suddenly, the woman rep for Chewy says she can no longer handle our complaint and needs to talk to a supervisor. My husband says to transfer him to the supervisor, she FINALLY does. The supervisor says he cannot talk to the bank, it’s a pending charge, and that this thing actually happens on their end OFTEN and we got someone who wasn’t aware of this glitch. He says in 48 hours the $5 charge will be removed and he will credit us $15 as well.

It’s sad that this is a common thing for your company and you GET AWAY with charging people’s cards twice and OVERCHARGING them! Yes it is $5, but what if someone used a debit card and you took away their available funds and they overdraft? Would you be responsible for those fees because YOU wrongly charged someone? Fix your glitch, fix your customer service. Taking my money & business elsewhere. Will not be recommending your company nor speaking highly of you. Run away from Chewy. Cancel, cancel, cancel!!!

Resolution response: May 2, 2019

I need to say that Chewy got my Wolf Hound meds to me with an overnight shipment and I would like to correct my negative review of the company. They did what they had to do for my dog and my negative review is now withdrawn. I give them 5 stars for their effort rather than the 1 star I gave them originally.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Ordered a monthly prescription for my 12 year-old wolfhound and it was shipped for a two-day delivery. Somehow, the shipment has gone to 3 different states, but not the one I live in. I called Chewy to tell them that my meds are one day late and that I need them NOW so they said that they would ship a second prescription at no charge. I was later told that the replacement shipment would have to be approved by my vet (the same vet who already approved the first order that was being replaced). I called and told the customer service rep. that this is ridiculous since it is now going to be 4 days late at best and the order has already been approved. Asked for an overnight shipment and they said they didn't do overnight shipments. They said that the original shipment will arrive no later than Monday, but the notice I received was that it would arrive Tuesday. The truth is that they have no idea when it will arrive and furthermore they don't care! DON'T ORDER MEDS FROM THIS PLACE... THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR PET'S NEEDS.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been a customer of Chewy.com for a couple of years and have always appreciated that I can reach someone 24/7 and they are always so friendly and helpful. But the other day, they could have knocked me over with a feather. I had to put my little dog to sleep and needless to say I'm devastated. When I called Chewy to cancel his auto-ship medications Molly was so kind and sensitive to the pain I was going through. Two d6ays later, I arrived home to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers! I am shocked and humbled by Chewy.com's compassion for their customers. This is the kind of customer service you just don't see anymore. Thank you Chewy! I am a customer for life and so many of my friends are joining me based on your kindness.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My wife just read me a note from this company that she received in response to a product issue we had. Our very large (140 lb) dog is getting old and she is not moving as gracefully as she once did. At the advice of our Vet, we decided to try some fish oil capsules to lubricate her joints. What we quickly discovered was that while the oil may have worked on her joints, it certainly lubricated her GI! She quickly became a "Blazing Saddles" tour de force. While there was absolutely nothing wrong with this product at all, it was clearly not the right thing for our dog. After a very short time, we discontinued using it. My wife, who normally doesn't do this, sent a note to Chewy wondering if maybe she could send the unused back for a partial refund, given that it was kind of expensive.

What she got back from them was almost unbelievable in this day and age. Chewy sent a note back saying that our charge card account had been credited back for the full price and they suggested that we maybe find someone who could use the oil or donate it to a shelter. They didn't even make us return it. I wish I could shake someone's hand. This is old school customer service, the way I have always run our family business. I hope this review finds its way to others who may be considering doing business with these people. I urge you to give them a chance. This was impressive. Well done Chewy. You have a lifelong customer.

Chewy.com Company Information