Shop Now

2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

4.0/5 (847 ratings)

About Chewy.com

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: May 1, 2021

We have a Cocker Spaniel with an itchy skin issue. We keep her well protected during the summer months with flea medicine, but she still winds up itching a LOT. The rest of the year is not much better for her. I give her special baths with soap specifically for the itching. It gives her a day, maybe two of relief. Now enter EverRoot Dog Skin and Coat Supplement Liquid Packs!

The first thing that I loved about this product for her is that the oil is a bit thicker than I thought it would be, and it is peanut butter flavored. When I give the supplement to her before bed every night, she thinks that she is getting a treat and laps up the oil excitedly most likely because of the peanut butter flavor. It took a couple of nights but her itching has subsided tremendously! There have been so many nights that I thought someone was knocking at our bedroom door, but it was always just Mabel scratching herself right up against the door. The last few nights have been wonderful for all of us!

I've also noticed when I pet her that her coat feels smoother and looks wonderful. The supplement comes in a box of 14 individual, easy-to-use packets; one for every day for two weeks. The product is well worth the cost to keep Mabel comfortable especially because even though she LOVES swimming, she is not fond of the bath, not to mention that any soap if used too often strips a dog's coat of its natural oils. We are so happy to have found EverRoot supplements for dogs. I'm excited to try a couple of the other types for our fur baby.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Chewy is a real class act. We were not frequent customers, but we sure will be from this point forward. Recently, I make my first purchase and ordered from Chewy several hundred dollars of medications and supplements for our elderly and sick dog. Before we received the shipments days later, my wife made the agonizing decision to save our beloved dog from further suffering. Several days after the packages arrived, my wife called Chewy to ask about any return policy under the circumstances. Remarkably, Chewy's customer service representative advised my wife that there was no need to return the products. She told my wife that our account would be credited the full amount of the purchase, and we should donate the products to a shelter or other place that would give us peace. That was just awesome, and it reflects the generous and compassionate heart of this Corporate Citizen.

But wait; there is more. The other day I looked outside the front door and there was a box addressed to my wife. She opened the box and, to her delight, there was a dozen beautiful, long-stem roses and a card from Chewy sending condolences for the loss of our cherished dog. That is just priceless. I applaud Chewy. It expected nothing and Chewy did so much. Certainly, Chewy is invested in the smallest customer it serves. That is truly special in this day and age. Thank you, Chewy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I have been ordering from Chewy.com for many years. The entire company, from ordering, to shipping, to customer service has never disappointed. I have switched my dogs' foods many times and have never had any issues with quality. Their shipping is the quickest I've ever seen as well (sometimes even faster than Amazon). If there has been any issue, such as ripped bags of food or damaged product, they are quick to reship out a new item at no cost. If I have ordered a product and needed to return, their response has almost always been to donate it and they will issue a refund. Their customer service representatives are always friendly and helpful as well.

To top off their amazing services and products, I checked my mail today to find a small package from Chewy. I knew I didn't order anything and was a bit weary. I opened it to find 2 wrapped squares in wrapping paper and when unwrapped were these two adorable painted portraits of 2 of my dogs. It came with a card thanking me for being a loyal customer. I have never had a company send me anything (without being purchased), let alone a personalized portrait of my 2 dogs (which could not be replicated as a stock photo). Even though almost all of my pet product purchases come from Chewy anyway, I will make sure to use them for all purposes.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

If I could give 10 stars, I would. My cat was diagnosed with diabetes about a month ago and needed diabetic management food which is when I turned to Chewy.com...They were the cheapest! I ran into a snag when getting the approval for the prescription diet due to my maiden name being listed with Chewy.com and my married name with the vet hospital BUT Chewy emailed me with status updates and after a few days I called them and a real person answered the phone! Within 1 phone call the situation was solved and approval was received from my vet while I held for a few minutes. They even gave me a discount due to the delay.

About 3 weeks later my cat, Chunk, stopped eating for 2 days which is when we found out he had a large mass in his stomach, fluid in his abdomen and lymphoma. I called Chewy.com to cancel my autoship order since we had to send Chunk to heaven. This is where the 10 stars comes in...3 days later a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered from them with condolences regarding Chunk. I think it says a lot about a company when they pay attention to detail, discount your order for a minor delay (which was my error), customer service is a human and most importantly the care they show for their customers. What an incredible company which I would highly recommend to anyone! Plus they deliver (added bonus)!

Original review: July 31, 2020

The day my husband and I had to put our beloved 18-year-old cat, Magellan, to sleep, we returned home, tear-stained and sniffling, to discover a huge box of his prescription food from Chewy sitting on our front porch. About $250 worth. The following day, I pulled myself together to call Chewy.com and find out if I could return the food. Not only was customer service representative empathetic, caring and helpful, she issued me a full return on the entire shipment, plus an additional return for a bag of food that we hadn't opened yet. When I asked how I should return everything to them, the customer service agent said that I could keep it all.

Keep in mind that this happened as the COVID pandemic was first peaking, so not having to go to the post office to mail large, heavy boxes was a relief. Even better, when I said I would like to donate the food, they encouraged me to do so. They literally donated $300 dollars of expensive prescription cat food to us and we passed it on, along with dozens of unopened cans for which we hadn't requested a refund, to the Pinellas Humane Society. The total donation was about $500 of both dry and canned food, and Chewy.com made most of that possible.

If this didn't sell you on ordering your pet products through Chewy.com, this will. A few days after Magellan's death, the Chewy's customer service representative sent us an incredible bouquet of flowers because of our tragic loss. I was without words and that doesn't occur often. I'd only recently begun ordering from Chewy.com, but now I'm a customer for life. The best part is that Chewy.com's prices are better than any of the big name pet stores I've visited, and they really do treat their clients like family. Thank you, Chewy.com. You and your team made a terrible day better for us and for the all the kitties at the Pinellas Humane Society. You are truly wonderful people...and I will never stop sharing this story of your incredible generosity and kindness. Cristy, Tampa, FL

Original review: July 12, 2021

I have been a Chewy customer since 2014, and cannot say enough good things about them. Our dog has a sensitive stomach and the vet recommended some pretty pricey dog food which we had a hard time finding. Chewy had it and was competitive in their pricing and their customer service can't be beat. I was totally wowed when I got two hand wrapped presents for my birthday. They were handpainted canvas pictures of our dog, and my daughter's pup. I couldn't be more impressed. What a thoughtful, well done gift. I swear, I nearly cried!

Original review: July 11, 2021

I purchased the following toy for my lovebird, "Super Bird Creations Crinkle Crinkle Little Star Bird Toy, Small By Super Bird Creations". This toy has a ball of twine in the center. My lovebird's foot got tangled in the twine and needed to have intervention to untangle. Had I not been present I believe my bird would have been seriously injured or even killed by this toy. Chewy was immediately notified and has yet to remove the toy from their website. The manufacturer of the toy "Super Bird creations didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my messages. Please do not buy anything from Chewy as they simply ignore reports of dangerous products and keep selling them.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I bought 3 air fresheners and didn't like 2 of them. I called Chewy's number on the receipt and a very friendly lady returned the money to my credit card within 2 minutes! She said I could try donating the air fresheners to my local SPCA, which I will! I will shop Chewy again!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I very carefully shopped around several online places. I compared prices, read many off-site reviews from all 5 star ratings, but kept coming back to Chewy.com. Their listed price for the Purina One Live Clear cat food (that my two cats now needed to have), was listed as 16.58/ 3lb bag - $6-8 LESS than local stores!! The $5 shipping was worth it for 2 bags. I even had a personal recommendation from a friend, who had bought off their website before. I called to set up the auto-ship order with customer service. I was really leery of doing that - from a horrid experience years ago - where the price I authorized payment for DOUBLED a few months later. I was assured by this "Chewy representative" that the $16.58/ 3lb bag was their everyday price - not a special or sale price, and that it would NOT be yanked up on me.

I set up every 4 weeks to have two 3lb bags auto-shipped. SURPRISE! 4 weeks later - I get my email that my 2nd order has shipped. I open it... and those two 3lb bags are now on sale! They proudly announce that I saved $2.16 by using auto-ship - making the price of each bag only $20.50!!! WHAT? Just 30 days ago, your "everyday price, that won't get yanked up" was $16.58 - now it's $21.58? $5 more? So, you bet I call Chewy! And I get told that "Last month that WAS the price, THIS month there is a shortage of supply - so the price for THEM has gone up". That "Whoever told me it wouldn't get yanked up, should never have said that. It's just like steak in the supermarket. Sometimes it goes up". WHAT? FIVE DOLLARS IN A MONTH?

I've been looking at the price of this food in 2 pet stores I frequent - I also have an aquarium. The price has remained steady. LIES! I canceled my auto-ship then and there, and demanded a refund - with emails containing a return shipping label, confirmation of the cancellation of my auto-ship account, and that my refund had been processed. I was told I would have the emails within an hour. I only got the email stating my account had been canceled. Today, 2 days later - the day after the shipment was supposed to be delivered (and wasn't), I called good old Chewy. I was told "We didn't send a return label, for all the trouble - just go ahead and donate the food somewhere. Your refund was processed and you'll have it in your credit union account 3-5 business days - we don't send out refund emails".

I call foul - EVERY business sends out refund emails!! It WAS nice of him to say to donate the cat food - I told him I would do so. Tonight I called FedEx when I saw the tracking # for the package now said "No delivery date". They told me Chewy stopped delivery and ordered it returned to them!! MORE LIES!! At this point - I DON'T BELIEVE THEY EVER REFUNDED MY $49.56!!! If they had - they would have SENT that email! CHEWY.COM RIPPED ME OFF!!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I've been buying from Chewy's for several years and had always trusted the site. I recently purchased flea drops for my pups and cat. While on their site decided to cruise around the "buy one get one". There were a number of sales going on so decided on 3. On this day it was buy 2 get one. Checked out and didn't pay much attention to the details in the cart. After checking out I looked a little closer and had only received the discount on the cheapest item I purchased. Called the customer service and they informed me that if you look at the little blue label next to the discount on each of the items and open up "details" you can read that it is only one discount on the cheapest items per order. Needless to say my trust level has gone way down and will definitely be reviewing my bill much closer from here on. The BOGO and 40 % off special ad was the largest and on the top of the email I received, but they sure didn't want you to see the details.

Chewy.com Company Information