3.64/5

Looking for a pet store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

679 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Was given a 6 foot cat tree last November as a gift. 3 months or more the tallest post started to wobble, I tightened the bolt and continues to wobble, and then 2 weeks ago another post started and as of today the third. I called customer service and was told that I just missed the deadline of having anything done about the tree because it had been a year since receiving. I mentioned that there was no packing list or anything in the instructions or on the box to this fact. I was told that this is their policy, and I said how would I have known if I was not the one who ordered it - IT WAS A GIFT.

If I had known when it started to wobble I would have called. Now my cat cannot enjoy his tree because of the wobbling posts and he may fall off, it is a useless cat tree. I was told that there was nothing the Chewy.com can do about it, the year is up. It is a shame that they will not stand behind the products that they sell, especially when I was told that it may have been a defective cat tree in the first place. Won't be buying anything from CHEWY.com EVER!!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered canned dog food and I could not find the food texture anywhere (not Chewy.com's fault but mine). So I had written a two star review and my only dissatisfaction was of the texture. It was pate and I hoped it was in cutlet or minced form and was frustrated when it wasn't. Without me asking, Chewy.com has issued me a total refund and their nice customer service agent also listed three alternatives she thought my Elliott would enjoy with the texture he wanted and also showed me where to find the texture type.

I work in customer service and cannot tell you how blown away I was to get such care taken in regards to my two star review and so quickly. It's not very often consumers get issues taken care of without any hassle whatsoever (by the way, I tried to edit my original post but does not allow edits). I sincerely appreciate that Chewy.com has gone far and above to make a very happy and loyal customer of me. Chewy.com will be my 'go-to' for ALL my pet needs. CHEWY.COM IS THE BEST!! Happy Holidays!

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I’ve been with Chewy over a year maybe two and I’d like to make it clear they are amazing. Any issues or if you forgot to add something to the order no problem you call and there’s no wait time. It’s like you have their personal cell phone and they are waiting for you to call! This is how you run a company and I won’t go anywhere else! Much Love, Happy happy customer!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My first experience with Chewy.com was to order weight loss food for my dog. It arrived in great condition, well packed and secured. My second order involved dog treats that are also good for the pet's teeth. Again, I had a fabulous experience. I would recommend this company to any of my pet loving friends.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Chewy has gone absolutely above and beyond with their customer service. They offer free 1-2 day shipping, mine was closer to 4 days (holidays, I'm guessing). I talked to Kevin ** online and he gave me a partial refund just for the inconvenience. When I did get the dog food, it gave my dog an allergic reaction, so I called for a refund, I didn't catch the name, but we talked about dogs for 10 minutes. They gave me a refund, and some helpful suggestions for grain free dog food. I am so absolutely impressed with the response and the genuine care for my pet. As nice as my local pet shops are, Chewy went so far beyond what they needed to do. I am now a loyal customer. Thanks for doing it right!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I love these people so much. Had a mistake in my order. Called their customer support on a Sunday afternoon. Spent exactly zero seconds on hold; someone picked up immediately. I explained the error and within a few minutes, the person I talked to had fixed it, sent out a corrected order, and said I could just donate the wrong item I got (was a box of cat food) to an animal shelter. This is how you do customer service. Thank you so much.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was astonished when I ordered a prescription food from Chewy late on Sunday and by early afternoon on Monday my order was on my doorstep in the middle of the Ocala forest. I’ve had issues with crushed or broken items in the past and Chewy always corrected any problems. I have highly recommended Chewy to friends and family. They too have had a good experience with Chewy. I’ve been dealing with Chewy almost 3 years.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I use Chewy.com for almost all of my dog's needs. Everything from toys to prescriptions. Every interaction that I've had with this company is utterly amazing! I've never dealt with an online company that truly believes in customer service the way that they do. I highly recommend this company to anyone that orders pet supplies online. You cannot beat their prices, quality or service.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Saw a promotion on Yahoo by chewy.com that promotes "Vetri-science 30% off today & free shipping, chewy.com", "30% today & free shipping Vetri-science". Checked onto the promotion and it took me to the products on chewy.com. Could not find any discount or free shipping. Called and talked to a Chewy rep twice, neither knew anything about the promotion nor could find it. (Just type in the product name, Vetri-Science on your computer ((not on chewy.com site)) and it takes you to the promotion.) The reps were nice and did offer me free shipping and 10% off. Did not accept. Lost trust with chewy.com. The promotion could not be any clearer. Not standing behind the promotion or even worst not knowing about the promotion is unacceptable. Have purchased from chewy.com for years monthly- 6 week auto purchase. Will think twice about shopping with Chewy again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

November 30th I placed a order. I don't know how to be very nice but chewy.com is horrible. Wish I never used them. My order late. Got the run around from them and FedEx. Called several times no real results. Said they would credit my full order. Never did. I'm sick homebound and foster animals no packages, no money, no nothing. They always try and charge my card a day earlier. I've told them about this. They ignore it.

Something criminal is going on with this company. Hope they get sued. I'm gonna start a class action suit and win and donate the money to fostering animals. They are all thieves. I called Better Business Bureau. Also they are a fraudulent company. It should be looked into and company shut down and whoever's stealing from our fur babies should go to jail. Oh also I've contacted 4 different news channels. They will investigate! All this uproar this month. I think change will happen and chewy.com will be chewy be gone. I'll never use them or recommend them again. Thanks Chewy for cheating a sick disabled person and animals I foster that are in immediate need. You're the worst.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Hi. I don't have complains about the product, everything helps my fury babies. My COMPLAIN is about delivery. I'm customer for almost a year and never I receive Hill's Prescription Diet K-D for felines in time. Even my orders are over $100 always I have same issues with FedEx delivery. You offer free shipping over $40 in 24 hr, well my shipping is taking from 48 hr up, or never was delivered. I file complain with your company and FedEx multiple times and I ask if I can pay extra for delivery just this food to be in time and I get answer "NO".

I have two cats diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease and how you know Vet prescription need to be send every time when I buy this wet food. If I don't have delivered in time I have to travel from Western Massachusetts to Connecticut (West Hartford 24 hr Vet Trauma hospital) and ask them for couple of cans then I have to shop around which hospital will give me some more cans until finally I get delivered my order. Every time our Vet Doctor has to send prescription to hospital who will give me the cans. Is frustrating for Dr and us too, because we travel from Ludlow to Connecticut and then back in Massachusetts and try to get more cans from Boston Vet hospital or other clinics.

None of this facilities has ready extra prescription food for sale, except for pet when they are discharged. So please try to figure out other option for delivery this kind the food or let us know how much we have to pay extra to get this food in time and help our pets. I don't ask for mercy and this shopping is not for healthy pets, I ask for your cooperation and try to fix this problem. Right now our delivery is Since December 7, 5:35 am in vehicle for delivery and we are December 8, 4:00 pm and still waiting for food. From Springfield CA I get 3 cans, and I will travel to Connecticut where they will give me 6 cans and this is how we will spend this weekend to provide food for our sick pets until we will get our package delivered. We accept any kind of compromise just this food to be delivered in time and our travel for chasing food to end and be next to this poor rescued cats who battle with their disease. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

FYI to all dog lovers: I ordered some beef dog treats from Chewy without doing proper research. My Taffy is allergic to chicken and so I usually read ingredients carefully, but this time did not. I did a product review on the Chewy website with this information, saying that I was disappointed in the product since I couldn't use it. Today, I received an email from Chewy. They had seen my review and credited my account for the cost of the treats. I didn't even ask for this!! Chewy is a class company demonstrating customer service at its best. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I buy my dog, cat, guinea pig and horse feed from Chewy. Someone was using my account that I knew and my order went to their house. Chewy gave me a partial refund and mailed me my order again for free. I have had nothing but good experiences with Chewy. I have many animals and buy a lot from them. This is a great company. I hate going to the store and the food I buy for my animals is cheaper on Chewy. I love Chewy!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I had ordered about $75 of 2" catnip mice for a local animal shelter. I've used these mice for all my own cats and they are awesome. Unfortunately, I would not recommend them for everyday use at a shelter because when washed in hot water (absolutely necessary for a shelter), the glue melts and you've lost the use of your toy.

That said, when I gave the mice a 3 star review, Chewy responded IMMEDIATELY via email, apologized for the inconvenience, thanked me for volunteering with animals AND refunded my money - the ENTIRE amount! Not only that, but they did some research for me and offered recommendations of what products they make that would not have this same outcome. I was absolutely floored. In this day and age of "corporate America" stomping on consumers, I wrote them back to thank them. And I plan to take their recommendations and re-use the same $75 for the toys that they recommended for me. OUTSTANDING COMPANY!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I started using Chewy a few years ago when the price of quality dog food was getting too expensive at the Pet Store and it was a chore to haul the large bag. I researched pet foods/products online and discovered Chewy. I order the same quality product for less (yeah!) and have it shipped to my home for FREE! Chewy now has a Pet Pharmacy and my dog's NexGard flea treatment is shipped to me too (for less). It was so easy to order and they even contacted our Vet to verify. I'm a Chewy fan and so is my Lab LUCY!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Using Chewy.com has been an awesome experience from start to end. I have ordered large bags of dog food, toys, treats, bones etc... My order is always processed immediately and shipped the next day. My box arrives on my doorstep and is always perfectly packed with everything I ordered. No surprise charges or incorrect products! This company gets an A+++ from me and my fur baby Annie ❤️. Keep up the great work!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The first time I ordered from them It was an okay experience. The next time I ordered however, everything looked like it was just thrown into the box. There was someone else's garbage in there AND it was delayed a week. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered once more and never received it. After multiple emails and calls to customer service I finally got refunded. I don't think this website even deserves one star.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I had just started using Chewy a couple months ago. I was delighted with the service and product assortment. The site is intuitive and a pleasure. I had ordered several items. 2 of which were a cardboard cat scratcher and a 25 lb. box of litter. They were shipped in the same box and FedEx must had been rough aside from the mismatched packing. The scratcher was damaged but still usable with duct tape. I emailed them and warned of the packing mishap. I never expected to receive a replacement scratcher but yes. They are sending one. Today my doctor also mentioned how wonderful their customer service is out of the blue. I'm looking forward to dealing with this company in the future and I highly recommend them for your pet needs.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Except for just one time in the last few years that I've been ordering from CHEWY, I have never had a problem getting my dog or cat food on time - and mine are mostly prescription food. Also the least expensive that I've found and I've done a lot of online research. The only thing I would like for them to do is lower their high quality cat litter pricing. Thanks CHEWY!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I placed an order on November 25th, 2018 and I still have not received it yet December 5, 2018. When I emailed a complaint I was given the run-around on the real reason for the delay. They credited my account and said I could keep the product that I never received. FedEx keeps telling me each day it will be delivered but it is not. Why bothering ordering from a company when you never receive the product. It was all a huge frustrating waste of time. I would not even give it one star if that was an option.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered food, treats and other items and have not received the order for 3+ weeks. Every time I call which is 2-3x per week I am put on hold for 5-10 minutes. I give the same info and I am assured the order will be shipped. It has been held up in the shipper for no reason and I live 20 minutes from the HQ. This has been the WORST WORST experience dealing with an online order.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Chewy always ships quickly and never made a mistake with my orders. I typically get my cat food in 1-2 business days from them. Price and selection are good and their site is well organized and easy to navigate. On occasion, some cans were dented but still usable. I am happy with Chewy and will recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I've been purchasing all my cat food, kitty litter, etc from Chewy for at least 2 yrs now. Once I was received a cat food bag that was completely opened/dispersed in the cardboard/shipping box, I had contacted Chewy, explained how I received my order and sent pictures and they corrected/rectified the situation promptly by apologizing and sending me a new cat food bag. After all, the food became unsanitary because it was all completely opened and in same box with kitty litter (although they do seal kitty litter boxes well). Overall, happy customer and will continue to return. Prompt, quick, convenient, helpful and can save yourself some $. Thank you Chewy!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ordered 2 prescription medications, and a shampoo for my Dog, on Nov 27th. Received an email from Chewy later that day saying they were waiting for my Vet, to approve the meds. Called my vet, was told they had not received the Fax. Called Chewy, they said they had sent the fax. On the 28th of Nov, again the same story from Chewy, and the vet. (I received the shampoo on Thurs. Nov 29) No Meds!

This story went back and forth, until finally on Friday the 30th, of Nov. the vet's office finally received multiple faxes at once that morning and then another in the afternoon, (time stamps on faxes were verified) My vet contacted Chewy.com and verified the Meds, and contacted me, with the fact that Chewy had never sent the requests for Meds, until three days after I ordered them. These meds were an antibiotic and a steroid, which have a very specific dosing schedule. I called Chewy.com again, after talking with the vet, to complain about the untimely manner that this order was handled, and express how important it was for my dog to have them. I was assured that said meds would arrive on Sunday. I had to buy enough meds from my vet, to make it thru the weekend. Until the meds arrived.

I complained that days were wasted waiting on for Chewy to fax the prescriptions order to my Vet. (Even though Chewy.com claimed they had faxed request three days prior) Not True! I spoke with a supervisor who apologized, assured me that the Meds would be delivered Sun Dec 2, and issued a full refund for my order, due to the fact that some had dropped the ball on my order. (That was never what I wanted.) I wanted the meds for my Dog. The Meds never ARRIVED on Sunday! I called Chewy.com and was told that the Meds will not be delivered now until Tuesday Dec. 4th!!! I live in Louisiana, the Meds are in Missouri!!! No way to get them! This is unacceptable!

This company has not delivered what they said they would. My dog's health has been compromised by their lack of doing their job, the way they promise. I now have to return to the Vet, Again first thing in the morning to buy more meds. This was the first time I had tried CHEWY.COM service, and it will DEFINITELY be the LAST. For a service that claims to care all about animals, Their unprofessional lack of service, shows otherwise! SHAME on you, CHEWY.com

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Just wanted to give 5 stars to Chewy! I had ordered a Dog DNA kit for someone for Christmas ($53), I found out they already purchased it for themselves. Called customer service to see how to return it and they refunded me and said no need to go through the hassle of returning it, that I can donate it to a local shelter! AMAZING!!! I will now be a loyal customer to Chewy.com because of their amazing customer service, merry christmas!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I don't know what happened to Chewy. They used to be so reliable. For the last 3 months my auto ship orders don't go through because they claim my card didn't work. So I call them and they re-run my card for me and it goes through no problem. They keep telling me the time they run orders through but what the hell does that have to do with anything is beyond me. So in the meantime I have to go out and purchase my dog food. I reschedule the next order and that order is late by 2 weeks. Then the next month the whole thing happens again. I have canceled my account with this company and wouldn't suggest them to my worst enemy.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Loved Chewy.com until they switched to Laser Ship. Didn’t receive 2 consecutive deliveries of dog food. Chewy made lots of excuses. Lost me to Petflow which uses FedEx and never Laser Ship!! Sayonara Chewy!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Used Chewy for years and was satisfied; however, on Nov 28 2018 placed order for $527.00. On Nov 29th saw the same pending charges again on my bank account so now had almost $1,000.00 pending but money not available even though Chewy representative said the second one of the charges would drop off and the double charge was because three boxes of Nutro cat food had to come from a different warehouse. The pending charge did drop off from my bank account, but I went four days not being able to use the almost $500.00 that was charged in addition to the original $527.00 for the order. I thought this was just stupid and said so to three customer service reps and one customer service supervisor. I had a cat that needed to go to specialist, and I had to wait four days for that second charge to drop off before I could have the money to treat her. This needs to be corrected.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Easy and fast. I’m sure customer service is great. However I never had to contact anyone cause everything is great! My dog loves Wellness. Prices are great on everything. Easy to order and fast delivery. They keep you updated on receiving your order and when it ships. Always gets my order correct. Love you guys! Don’t change, everything is great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

In the 2 orders I have placed with Chewy.com I was very pleased that they provide great customer service and care about you very much. One time my litter bag came broken, I called, my call got answered right away, the representative replaced the bag of litter free of charge. Really nice staff and I'm happy to be part of Chewy. Thank you guys for the excellent care.

Chewy.com Company Information