3.78/5

Looking for a pet store?

569 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I haven't needed Chewy.com's customer service hardly ever, but recently, I had a few questions regarding a new Rx. Every person I spoke with/emailed was friendly, knowledgeable, problem-solving. As long as their prices remain competitive, they are my first and only stop for shopping for my fur baby. Well done, Chewy.com.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been a customer for a few years. Since I moved to Oregon my deliveries continue to have broken, missing, or damaged items. I call and they apologize, replace the items, but it continues to happen. Today I was told that while I place my orders online, I should call after placing each order so that a note can be placed on the order to package things properly. Shouldn't that be the goal? Without a call from the customer? Ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have dealt with many online companies and pet store chains over the years. I have to say Chewy.com has to be the absolute best customer service I have ever experienced. I have a monthly autoship order for prescription dog food I need for one of my dogs. I have ordered other items like treats, costumes, toys etc. and I have never experienced one problem with my orders arriving quick and packed perfectly. When there is a delay, like for a prescription that needed to be mailed in, I am kept informed by email or a courtesy call on what is needed from me. Every single employee that I have spoke with has been so friendly, helpful and just amazing. I just can’t say enough about how much I love this company. Thank you Chewy for being the cream of the crop in everything you do, you have a customer for life!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We lost our sweet dog a week ago and I contacted Chewy.com customer service to ask about returning our auto ship. They not only refunded the total of my auto ship, but asked that I donate the food to our local shelter. Their kind words and generosity went above and beyond. I will certainly would recommend them in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I placed HW Preventives order with them for 3 times and had no good experience. The 1st time after I placed order, my vet told me the HW Test record is expired. I called Chewy and talked to customer service. Told them please put on hold my order until I came back for vacation and they agreed. I called the vet and let them know too. During my vacation, couple voicemails left to me and I was not able to contact Chewy back because I am out of country without roaming service. Of course, I came back, found out they cancel my order. But that's okay. I understand.

So I called Chewy right after I got back to USA, asking them if I can place the order again. I told the lady I am taking my dog to do HW Test on the following 2-3 days because Vet is closed for weekend when I called in. The lady told me this is not a problem. She just placed the order for me through phone. On Monday, my order is cancelled again, without communication, simply informed me in email it's cancelled. Looks like all those communication I made in both phone calls does not exist and waste of my time. I called the 3rd time to Chewy asking for why. I was told I should not put in an order if the test is not done yet. And this is my fault??? But please, all customer service I've talked to know I don't have the test done and I am going to do it, nobody told me I should not place order??? Now you are accusing me of placing order in advance and I deserve cancellation? Fine.

I finally took my dog to done the HW Test and placed the order for the 4th time. You know what I got? An email saying Chewy contacted my vet and asking me to contact my vet. I called Chewy trying to figure out what I should do. Got connected to a lady in customer service is super rude. Seriously? I spent all those time trying to communicate with you guys are just useless and I even need to suffer from the bad attitude your CS gives!!! I feel like I am so dumb like begging for you to take my business. Chewy I sincerely suggest you to take a look into your pharmacy team and customer service team. The whole experience just make me sick and so uncomfortable!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

We recently lost our cat and I totally forgot to cancel our autoship order during that time. I sent them an email after I received notice that our shipment was on its way. Chelsea from Chewy emailed me back almost right away. She refunded our payment and was so compassionate and sincere hearing about our loss. We exchanged a couple emails and let me tell you, I was honestly surprised and touched by the kind words from this great customer service rep in a big company. About a week later, we received flowers from Chelsea and Chewy Family. I was at a total loss for words for the kindness that we received. Losing a fur baby is always hard but they definitely knew how to treat their customers during this time. Chewy is absolutely wonderful!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

A huge shout out to Chewy.com for their most accommodating and caring Company. They’re truly first class all the way. If you haven’t experienced them, you should do so without a doubt. They’re quick to send the items you’ve ordered and so very understanding when one has lost a pet. Thank you Chewy.com for all you do!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My dog food are Blue grain free Adult formula but my vet suggested to change for the Senior stage. When the order for Senior food came and I checked the formula I noticed the has brown rice. We call the customer service and they not only send me the before formula free (because they don’t have Blue Senior grain free formula) until I look for a new food without charge, then also told me that we no needed to return the Senior food and we can donate to a shelter. So easy and faster response. Thank you Chewy!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

6 day shipping not 1-2. I placed an order Friday night. I would understand it not being delivered until Tuesday due to the weekend but Thursday is a little ridiculous. When I emailed them they said they do not guarantee the 1-2 day shipping. DON'T ADVERTISE IF YOU CAN'T DELIVER!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been ordering from Chewy for about a year now and I will be perfectly honest here, I have never found a company more compassionate and willing to fix errors in my entire life. Their customer service is next to none and they ship their products in 1-2 day free shipping (orders over $49) and my orders have never taken the full two days to make it to my doorstep. Their prices are also unbeatable, as I have compared them to Amazon and other major pet companies and they still beat nearly all of their competitors with pricing. I cannot recommend them highly enough, they have made it so much easier to spoil my pets and also buy them the products that they need.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My friend's dog was injured when a loose dog attacked her. She has some wounds and is recovering. I sent her some plush toys to cuddle with. My friend sent me a picture of the toys and one was a duplicate. I sent an email with the picture and told Chewy what happened. Within 6 hours I got an email stating they had made a mistake and would send a replacement and to keep the duplicate. I am so happy we still have companies like this. Great job!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

To start, I have two cats, one of which is set on a prescription diet for life. Buying the prescription food through Chewy is much cheaper than if I were to buy it from the vet. We have an auto-ship set up and it’s always on time and we have never had problems with that. But where my real praise comes from is their customer service/relations. They send me handwritten cards periodically thanking us for our business and just recently sent us hand painted portraits of our cats! I had sent some silly pictures to them of the cats in one of their boxes and a couple months later to my surprise I received these wonderful paintings! I highly recommend this company, I have nothing but positive experiences with them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We started shopping at Chewy.com about 9 months ago & honestly, haven't looked back since! They have the best made in USA products for our furkids, the calming treats for our anxious, blind 9-year-old fur angel & our favorite wet & set dog food, so we are no longer dragging that home from the grocery store! Plus, free shipping & we get it super quick! The company has old-time values, when it comes to their customers & we believe in them for that! We'll continue to shop with them to show them our loyalty! Thank you Chewy.com for showing us what an online store should be!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My cat, Moki, benefitted from his monthly delivery of cat food, his preference, Crave Salmon. Recently, he disappeared and may have been killed by coyotes in our area. Chewy staff sent flowers and a kind note expressing their appreciation of our loss. Having been tearful for the past week, their kind gesture was heart warming. I recommend them to all who appreciate great service from a compassionate perspective.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The first few autoship orders went fine. However the last two orders have been delayed by the company, Lasership that is making the delivers. Not FedEx which is the shipping company on Chewy's website. According to the tracking with my order, My order has been out for delivery for three days. The reason for no delivery is different everyday, external problem, business closed (address is a home), the third day no reason. Chewy wants to reship my order not give me a refund. If they can't find my home this order, Why would I believe they can deliver the next order?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered dog clippers from Chewy. The quality was not great and they were not easy to use. I put them on a shelf and forgot about them. While placing a new order 3 days ago I noticed them on the page and decided to write a review warning other prospective purchasers about the product. The very next day I got an email from Chewy telling me they were crediting my card back for the purchase and just to keep the clippers and give them to someone who might be able to use them! It absolutely blew me away that they actually read the reviews and gave me my money back. Did NOT expect that! This company is unbelievable! I don't know how they ship for free either. There is usually litter in my order and my package is always heavy AND my order always comes the next day. Needless to say they have made a loyal customer for life. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been ordering from Chewy.com for about 5 months and each and every time my order is here if the not the next day then for sure the following day! I highly recommend this company and would love if other companies could follow their lead!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have dealt with Chewy since January 2017 - I frequently purchase items online from various retailers and Chewy has the best customer service by far that I have ever dealt with. They seem to genuinely care about not only you but your pet as well! I even received a random 4"x4" hand painted canvas in the mail today from them for no reason at all!

Also, after just opening a new bag of dog food, I found out my dog has the beginning stages of kidney disease and needed a new diet - I assumed that the newly opened bag of food was simply money down the drain, but of course Chewy refunded me and suggested I donate the bag of food if I was able (and then of course sent well wishes to my boy!). Just a couple of reasons Chewy is the best.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I ordered a prescription required medication for my 13 year old Golden Retriever and 8 year old Great Dane. I sent in said paper prescription as requested. TWO ** weeks later, with $$ taken from account, the order was canceled. A customer service rep called and tried to get it fixed resulting in: 1 placed order canceled. 1 other order placed canceled. 1 order placed, $$ taken and then canceled.

Calling into to CS they were unbelievably unhelpful. "No can't tell you what happened; no, can't confirm the information you were provided (discount on auto-ship for meds since prescription was for 4 refills), no, can't tell you anything. Sorry." Another CS rep said there'd be a discount (can't see it), and that he'd make sure I had the meds by Weds of this week. Email just arrived, THAT order was canceled as well. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Order from 1-800-PetMeds. On that note? One full week after submitting to Chewy, I ordered a different prescription through PetMeds, with a written script. Sent that script in, and you know what? I received the prescription meds last week; within 1 week of ordering. Still waiting on Chewy which is the more required med. Ugh.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I ordered a crate for my dog who hurt her back and is supposed to be on crate rest. Also purchased some dog food for my other babies. Well, I ordered on a Saturday, and 1-2 days shipping should put it here by Monday (or Tuesday). I received an Email from Chewy saying that my order has shipped on the 6th (it is now the 8th). Called Chewy after tracking showed my package being over 1000 miles from my house. Spoke with customer service and only then was I informed that "If you order on Saturday after 3 pm, then you can expect to receive your package on Wednesday!"

I live in Florida in the path of a hurricane (Michael) that is supposed to hit Wednesday afternoon!!! I was planning on leaving the area with my dogs for safety sake, but now I have to either let my dog who is injured flop around in my car without a crate, or go and purchase another one elsewhere because Chewy doesn't say up front how long it takes for their stuff to reach its destination!!! Thanks for NOTHING!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

So, I saw an ad on the Chewy.com app offering 30% off first orders, and was thrilled, since I am planning to buy a bird, and needed several hundred dollars of supplies to prepare a comfortable home for my new pet. After spending a couple of hours carefully selecting all the things I would need, close to $400, I was excited to think about how much money I was going to save. It was only then that I happened to read the small font disclaimer under the "30% off" ad. It was then I realized that the offer was misleading, and approaching false.

The 30% off was only good for "up to $20" of my total order, and only if my first order was an automatic monthly reorder. I'm sure Chewy.com could point out that their ad was legal, and did contain a disclaimer, I believe the placement of the ad banner and large font at the top of their home page was purposely meant to mislead. I probably would have ordered from Chewy.com if they had not been offering the ad for 30% off my first order, but, this ad has put me off of ever ordering from Chewy.com.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We have been ordering my cats prescription food from Chewy. Always prompt and on time. Recently my Kitty passed away. They were very thoughtful and caring. Even offering to provide me with someone to speak with about the grief of losing a beloved pet. About a week later flowers and a card showed up. Express their caring for my loss. I am absolutely blown away by the customer service experience. In my worse moment they took multiple extra steps to comfort me like an old friend. I would recommend Chewy to anyone! ❤️

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I don’t think I have ever been as impressed with the level of customer service that I am with Chewy. I have been a customer for around a year. The prices, selection, and convenience can’t be beat! I have never had a single issue until my last order and I was missing a couple of items. I emailed them and received a response in less than 30 minutes. They promptly shipped out the missing items but that isn’t what impressed me. They actually made the experience personal. They asked about my pets and asked me to share a picture. I thought that was so neat! I shared a pic of my 3 dogs and shared that one of them in the picture had recently passed. Much to my surprise I came home less than a week later to flowers from the rep that I spoke to and a card that said they were sorry for my loss! I am blown away! I don’t get that level of service at local stores! I would recommend Chewy to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I ordered a flea collar for my Dog that was to work for 9 months, stopped after 4 months. I then did a live chat with them and replaced the collar no problem, even received it the next day! That was months ago. Now just the other day I received an oil painting portrait of my Dog (done from photo sent to them) and it is perfectly our little Vern. What a wonderful surprise from a wonderful company. We will treasure it always. Thank you Chewy.com.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Horrible! They locked me out of my account and I have no idea why. They don't honor their promotions for first time autoship. Since I am locked out of my account, I can’t even cancel anything and get my money back! I guess I have to go through my credit card. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I had a charge on my bank statement from Chewy. com. 8 have never ordered from there. However I do shop at Pet Smart. I believe they own Chewy. com. I went to the bank and quickly resolved the issue. Now a month later my fiance goes online to do banking and get has a charge for $49.99???? We do not order anything from there. We do go to Pet Smart and get fish food from time to time. Please if anyone else is going through the same thing, speak up. It seems very odd that they are charging people when they shouldn't have your cc information if you have never ordered anything from their website. This can become a serious matter if not looked into further.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

The products they offer are top quality. Their shipping is the fastest I have found. Their customer service is over the top excellent! I have had issues satisfied and money refunded that were NOT their fault.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Placed an order with this company to try it out and save a little money. To receive an email two days later stating that my order was cancelled! Called to ask why and was told they couldn’t verify my billing address? Everything was entered correctly! I said, "Well it’s already gone thru on my account," and I was told, "Well we put a hold on it but if you’d like to place another order then you can do it on the phone now (with the same info previously given when order was placed) and I can put it thru for you. You’ll just have to wait up to 48 hours to have the original hold amount available back to you..." Really, no thanks! That’s messed up and makes no sense... I’m NOT paying you “again“ and putting myself out. Instead I’ll take my butt to the pet store like I should of just done to begin with. Maybe pay a “little” more but at least not get screwed over and have to go thru this nonsense. This definitely won’t earn you my business!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had an issue with Chewy.com in regards to their shipping time frames. I was curious as to why 1-2 day shipping would take 4 days in my case and, not only did they fully explain the delay, but they gave me a partial refund to provide for my furbabies in the interim. They were courteous and prompt and I could not ask for a better experience. Five stars all the way! :3

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have been an “auto ship” customer for almost 5 years. Religiously, I have my dogs' food shipped to me every three weeks. It has been the same dog food the entire time I’ve been a member. The price started off amazing. No one could match it and the free/fast shipping was a bonus. This way I could avoid the Pet Valu store altogether. Over the next three years the price for their natural balance dog food kept creeping up. It used to be 51.29 dollars and now has magically climbed to 70.89. I called Chewy and they said that they change their rates as natural balance changes theirs.

It made sense to me until I went to Pet Valu and their prices have not changed. Pet Valu said they would match Chewy's lowest rate and that although the price may vary slightly as time goes by, it will not likely jump $20. I called Chewy and brought this up and the rep was almost speechless and had nothing really to say. The Chewy staff has ALWAYS been very kind on the phone and always personable. Almost every rep has asked me about my dogs and seemed very happy to serve. The $20 has me weighing my account with them. I just find it hard to believe and can see I am no longer getting the “lowest rate.”

Chewy.com Company Information