4.20/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Chewy.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

176 Chewy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I ordered a handicap pet lifter for a friend. My friend’s dog was too weak to use the lifter. My friend called Chewy to see the return policy. Sheri in customer service was so wonderful. She understood the situation and because of her love for animals, she said you don’t have to return the item and please give it to an animal shelter and I will credit the account. In today’s world you don’t usually see that. I was so impressed and my friend couldn’t believe that a company would be so incredible and passionate. I am a true believer of Chewy. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have been in contact a few times since purchasing my Golden Retriever Puppy. I recently changed my puppy food from Merrick Grain Free Puppy to Chicken soup for the soul large breed puppy. This food was cheaper and more tailored to my dog's needs. I called today about a preservative used in fish meal called Ethoxyquin. The rep was not sure what it was, (NASTY STUFF!) but soon found documentation specifically about my food and how it was all natural with no Ethoxyquin. Thank you so much!!! You always answer the phone!!! You always help!!! You are so helpful and never ask me to buy anything!!! Now I will order my food thru you for my pet's life!!! Thank you!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My experience has been wonderful at Chewy. Everyone are patient and always make sure as a customer I'm satisfy before they get off the phone. They always answer my questions the best way they know how.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Chewy.com is my favorite thing ever. My puppies are so important to me and this website just makes everything so easy, and worry free. They also have an incredible selection and shipping is so fast. I always get mine within a day or two. Also, they are truly hassle free. I have been using them for a while now, and during the shipping process, the dog food bag spilled open in the box. It looked like the bag just ripped at the seam a little. Anyways, I called the number, and a gentlemen had a new bag sent out to me within a minute of being on the phone with him.

They did not even make me send them the bag back. That is INCREDIBLE customer service. After a long day, I saw the food and thought I was going to have an issue and Chewy.com made it unbelievably easy. Best company ever! Autoship is also amazing, and you can change the frequency if you want it sooner or later, plus it gives you a discount. Cheaper dog food delivered right to my doorstep??? It does not get any better than that!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I began using Chewy in June 2016 because I needed my supplies delivered to my door. One item I bought in multiples of 4, Fresh Step cat litter 7 lbs. I had been buying the 21 lb bags at the grocery store until I could no longer manage that size and Chewy was much cheaper in the 7 lb bag than my grocer... @3.02 a bag. Great.

I went for the auto ship after a month or so. Today while reviewing my latest delivery online I checked on the price of the litter it was OVER $7.00 a bag!! This price was even MORE than the 14 lb bag. AND just about $.75 less than the 21 lb size!!! After speaking to the service rep I hate to say it but I think this is a "deliberate mistake". They get countless complaints about this. They wine and dine us on the FREE shipping and 5% discount that we don't notice when they suddenly double prices without notification. It was just a fluke I even caught it. Canceled my account and asked my complaint be forwarded to the managers and asked for a partial refund for last shipment. SNEAKY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Chewy is a great company! But their shipping not so much. Chewy delivers fast but be WARNED! If your shipment is a big thing ex. a crate, Fedex will may make your order take a week or more! Again as I said before Chewy shipping and company is great 1-2 day shipping, but watch out for Fedex!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017
    I have been a Chewy customer for a couple of years. Their products are always what is described, great selection, and they are so easy to deal with and helpful!

The thing that set them apart recently was their willingness to go above and beyond when there was a shipping issue with the carrier. The customer service agents both on the phone and via email were phenomenal! They didn't pull the typical "we will get back to you" or "we need to see where the package is first to act on things."

They only cared that my pup and I were happy and taken care of and didn't have to stress. They were on the phone with the carrier immediately for me so that I didn't have to worry and got back to me within minutes... Literally... With a solution that was more than fair and will keep me as a loyal customer for years to come! Thank you for caring about your customers and their pets, who are like our family. You obviously train your staff well and know that if you give a little to guests, it will come back to you in many ways to enhance your business!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

So I have just started using Chewy not too long ago, I was recommended by my mom. I highly recommend them as well, great product, when you are not completely satisfied with their products they send you a new one without a problem. I was placing another order the other day for my little pup and was using a different card then on the account, I received 4 emails saying something was wrong with the card, and the order will be canceled. Well during this time I could not respond because unfortunately I had to put my little pup down due to massive seizures. So I did not worry about the emails at all or the order I thought it had been canceled.

I came home days later to a box of dog food on my door step. I was upset, taken back and called the company because it's still a fresh sore. (If I was not sad and still had the pup I would have found it very pleasing.) They said they filled the dog’s food order anyway because I have ordered it before and they did not want the dog to not have food. I then settled down thanked them. They fully refunded me the money and allowed me to donate the bag of food. I was pleased and thought that was it and was very nice of them and easy. I went away for the weekend to come home to flowers from the owner of the company sending condolences to my family on the loss of our pup and their sorry for their mistake. This company is in it for the right reasons. Thank you Chewy.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have only ordered from Chewy a few times. When I ordered my cats food this past time I must have clicked on dog food instead of cat food and noticed it when it arrived. I called them to find out the return policy and tell them it was probably my fault. A REAL person answered the phone which totally floored me! No annoying prompts to sit through! She was very friendly. She didn't even care when I told her it was probably my fault. She told me to donate the dog food to a local shelter and she would send my cat food out asap! So I have to give kudos to Chewy.com for excellent customer service, going above and beyond for the customer! Other companies should give it a try. I will continue to order from Chewy and would certainly recommend to friends.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been using Chewy for over a year and absolutely love them! Shipping is always super fast and love the autoship option which includes a discount. I have had two occasions where (FedEx) delivered my box damaged and chewy without hesitation sent me new dog food to cover what was damaged. I also wanted to return some bowls from them because I didn't like the size so instead of sending them back, they refunded my money and told me to just donate to a local Pet Rescue! Just amazing!!! Prices are very reasonable as well. Customer for life!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I used Chewy.com for 2 years and only had issues with auto ship. If you auto ship a item every 5 weeks, but request an early delivery of that item in 4 weeks, you will get it early delivery plus your regular 5 week. Then you have two items when you only needed one item. I tried to explain this to an employee but he hung up. He didn't want to be bothered with an issue. I find this more common with today's young people. With a immature attitude like that I switch sellers and go to Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Writing this review because they are spectacular. They are the absolute top shelf on animal care and love. The emails are answered immediately, I have sent pictures of all my 4-legged kids. It is unbelievable the service, dedication and care every single one of the furbaby people give to all of us and our kids.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

It is such a wonderful surprise when a company goes above and beyond expectations for customer service. I was dissatisfied with a product, and I wrote a review about it, not expecting a response. Not only did I receive a quick response, I was offered a refund without even asking. I have purchased toys that did not work or last and have always had a hard time with returning the items. What Chewy has done is amazing, and I have absolutely enjoyed every single aspect of doing business with your company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Up until this order, I purchased Tender and True for my dogs. I decided to try a new brand, due to the discount offered and the difference in price. This new food is made in the USA and seemed to be an excellent alternative. I'm a senior citizen, so to the door delivery usually makes my life easier. I received my order today of American Journey, grain free limited. The food is expired 08/23/2016. The rep was "shocked" and apologetic. Whoopee!!! I have to figure out how, at my age, to get rid of 46 lbs of bad dog food. She suggested I throw it out or donate it. She understood that I might not be comfortable doing that, but that's what Chewy would do. The food expired in August of 2016; would you really take that chance?

Now I must go out, waste more time and purchase food for my dogs. I am very disappointed. I Will never do business with this Chewy company again and I will tell everyone I know about my experience... Oh yes Facebook too. All of the organizations with which I am affiliated. I am angry and disgusted that this company would try to sell outdated food to a customer. Shame on them. What if I had not seen that date? Would my fur babies have gotten sick?

When I asked what they were going to do to make up for my time and loss, the rep offered a 15% discount on a full price replacement order. I suggested the rep ask her supervisor if a 15% discount was sufficient to make up for my time and inconvenience. She ignored me and kept repeating that Chewy was letting me keep the bad food, and I was getting a full refund. She again reminded me that I could bring the bad food to a shelter. No thanks; I'll take my money and recommendations elsewhere. Sincerely, Disgusted and disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Chewy's customer service is amazing. Every person I have ever talked to has been so nice. They answer in seconds and do everything they can to help solve your problems. Prices are great and delivery is speedy! Everything I have ordered has been in great condition and has come on time. Truly love this site and will order from it again and again!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

They have an Ad that runs on tv that says fast free shipping. INCORRECT. I wish, I buy 35 dollars every other month and NEVER HAD FREE SHIPPING. I contacted them as I am sick of hearing the Ad on TV. It's fraud. I want all my shipping costs reimbursed then. Someone needs to stop them from lying on tv.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I recently placed my first order with Chewy. I had been ordering dog food from another retailer (because the food is not available locally) and had nothing but trouble. I was hesitant but realized that I had no other option. I was in shock when my order arrived within 36 hours of placing it and that was with "free shipping" because I spent over $49. It was fresh, clean and packed in nice boxes. I could not be more satisfied with Chewy's service unless they would actually come feed the dogs for me. Chewy has a customer for life.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Chewy.com is a great concept but comes with a horrible delivery system, namely FedEx. The prices are good and so is the customer service (for the most part) but if you can't get the items you ordered or they arrived damaged it's simply not worth it. I'm at a point right now where I'd rather pay more money and go to a pet store myself. At least this way I'll get what I want (undamaged) and personally bring home my purchases.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've been shopping at Chewy and receiving monthly autoship orders for over two years. THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. Whenever I have received an order with any kind of problem they take care of the problem immediately and with a smile in their voice. (I believe FedEx to be the culprit 95% of the time when any damage to a shipment is involved). They offer a wonderful selection of all pet foods, treats, toys and anything else you might need for your pet. Their service is so good I would never think of shopping anywhere else for pet products.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Chewy.com. Products shipped and delivered intact, super quick, and without issues, except for FedEx (see below). The customer service is extremely polite and understanding with returns due to unsatisfactory products or sending the wrong item. They usually won't require me to return the items and tell me to please donate them to an animal shelter. Honorable and generous to say the least. It's a wash for them to save on return shipping and just telling this customer to donate the item(s), but a better policy to donate to shelters.

I don't understand some of the negative, 1 star reviews for this company. It seems as though a lot of the complaints are attributed to bad shipping from FedEx, which I completely understand as FedEx has messed up some of my deliveries as well, and I wish Chewy would switch to UPS. FedEx left 2 heavy "cat tree" boxes outside our gate in the driveway. They were instructed to deliver all packages to the back porch only. I had to lug these huge, heavy boxes to my porch which caused a terrible back strain. But this is not Chewy's problem. It's the shipper, as the driver simply was too lazy to open the gate, carry the boxes 20 feet and leave on the porch. No. They left them outside on an overcast day with rain forecast and left the heavy lifting to the customer. A+ to Chewy. F- to FedEx.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I ordered the other day for my first experience with this company the yellow 13 inch duck. When it arrived at my apartment building it was blue so I picked up the phone and called customer service. The lady was so sweet, was as confused as I was considering they don't provide a blue duck with their company only yellow and then without me even asking ordered me a new one (no cost). Then when I asked if she wanted me to return the Blue Duck she said no she just wanted me to donate it to the closest dog shelter. How could I have asked for a better answer than that. This is a company that truly cares about satisfying your pet not money. My new yellow duck will be arriving Saturday. Couldn't be happier. I will continue my business with Chewy. Good job guys.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have liked the customer service and quick delivery but when my cat passed away I discovered what truly amazing customer service Chewy.com has. I called because I had received my auto ship order of the prescription cat food after my cat passed away. I thought I would have to pay a shipping fee but at least the food wouldn't be wasted. She was so kind and refunded me for the amount of the food and said I didn't need to ship it back. She suggested donating it to a shelter instead. I was very impressed! I will continue to order my pet supplies from Chewy!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had to send an email to Chewy to advise them that I could not pay for my shipment on auto ship and wasn't sure when I could. I have four little rescue dogs that I love to pieces. I am partially disabled but I've looking for employment. I got a call from Rachel at Chewy the next morning. She told me that she had read my email and felt such compassion that she told her supervisor and they determined, for this month (Sept) they were waiving the charge for my order. She said that they were sending the whole order, not just the canned food but the treats also. I cannot tell you the impact that it had on me, and most of all, my dogs! To Rachel, her supervisor and the whole Chewy staff... God bless you all! When I get back on my feet, I will continue my orders with Chewy and will order EVERYTHING from them!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

They were so kind over the phone and when I asked how to send back the item that I had been exchanging, she said that she would like me to donate it to an animal shelter. I thought it was so thoughtful. Probably the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Chewy.com have my pet's food at a lower price than any other place. And the delivery is very quick! I started ordering my pet's food thru this company. It's easy and the prices are great! I once received a bag of dry kitty food, and the bag happened to be open and spilled into the box. I emailed them to mention what had happened, not expecting them to send me another bag. But they DID! Great company!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I've been a Chewy.com customer for several years, and am incredibly impressed with them. This is what an online merchant should be. They have very competitive prices, and their customer service (all English-speaking!) is second to none. They're available 24/7, there's never a wait time and they're all anxious to please, friendly, helpful, courteous and (most importantly) competent. Over the years there have been the occasional problem with breakage, or I've made a mistake when ordering something. The company is always willing - even delighted - to help rectify things. The company could easily serve as a role model for any online merchant. I use them not only for my own pet supplies, but keep my friends stocked up. The company gets a 5-star rating from me, and hopefully they'll continue to do well in the age of Amazon.com.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Every order we have had there has been an issue with the billing. They attempted to bill a card they had on file that I had removed from the account each time. By the time I realize that they are not shipping our order we then have to buy food to supplement until it arrives. Then it says it is shipping and customer service says they don't ship on that day and that it is only being prepared to ship. Customer service was rude and blamed me for their mistake for their issue with the wrong billing and that their system says it is shipping. Called two separate representatives and neither took the time to resolve the issue. Canceled account and we will be using Amazon or another service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Delivery is quick and packed well. However, today when my husband went to lift the bag out of the box, the bag of kibble literally ripped in half and all the kibble ended up on the garage floor. I contacted Chewy and they are replacing the bag free of charge. Amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about this company. I have 2 large German Shepherds and buying their food has always been something I dreaded. No more running around town looking for their brand of pet food. No more lifting 30lb. bags from pet store to car to home! My deliveries come right on time and the prices are good. I easily make the minimum for free delivery feeding 2 dogs and a cat. I LOVE CHEWY and highly recommend them to all you fur moms & dads. One less thing to stress about!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I decided to give Chewy.com a try after receiving a $15 off coupon in the mail. I read several reviews on this site and everybody had good stuff to say so far. I placed my order on the internet to have a lot of cat and dog supplies sent to my house. I chose to take advantage of the discount to set up auto ship every month but I wanted it to ship on a specific date and that was not an option on the website so I called the number on the website. A very nice representative was on the line and was able to change the auto ship to a specific date and was very friendly and told me a little bit about the company and even told me about her animals and we talked a little bit about our pets. She also informed me when my items will arrive. Because of the holiday weekend it'll take an extra day. Great experience so far and very convenient to know that the items will arrive at my house and I don't have to go to the store. Give them a try.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Chewy.com is far above any other I've used, now I won't use any other for pet needs. I find everything I could possibly want at Chewy.com & for a much better price. If the staff doesn't know about something, they will at least tell you they don't know & try to find an answer. Most companies won't admit they don't know & will give you an incorrect response.

What tipped the scale for me already being fully stocked & honest was compassion for their customers. I had to call in asking about a refund since I lost my rabbit shortly after receiving my order. I explained to the rep that I already donated his treats because I knew they couldn't be returned since I opened the bags & put them in his treat containers. She was SO beyond kind & concerned for my loss, she made sure I got a refund for anything I ordered for my rabbit & told me I didn't have to return any of it. THAT is Way more than I ever expected & now I can donate the rest to someone else in need who may have just rescued a rabbit like I did mine 8 years ago. Thank you Chewy.com!

Chewy.com Company Information