It's that easy Request Information
4.61/5

Bellmore, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

176 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have three animals that I got spontaneously from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I went in and ended up buying them. I got two kittens and a dog, and all of them were really great. Everyone there was great, too. So, I went back and got two more animals after getting the first one. I went there just to look around and pet the animals and then I saw my dream dog I’ve always wanted. So, there was really no leaving without him.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We have a two-year-old Weimaraner that's pretty high anxiety. We have a vet down at South Carolina and the vet in South Carolina suggested that another dog might go ahead and take away some of the Weimaraner's anxiety. We wound up at a place on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore. We walked in and saw a golden retriever puppy. We financed through Worldwide and we walked out with the puppy. The experience of buying the dog was a good experience. The puppy's name is Cooper and has a really great temperament and good with the Weimaraner who is Ava. And the Weimaraner is kind of nurturing to Cooper. Cooper is the puppy that wants to play, and because the Weimaraner has all the anxiety and high strung, they get along great. Having Cooper is like another family member and everybody is happy. The kids are really excited about it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have animals with my family, but I was moving out and so I wanted my own. I was interested in getting a British Longhair and I knew that Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has that type of cat on their Instagram, so I went to them. It was super simple to find my kitten. It took less than an hour and the people there were really patient with me. It's been pretty great since I got Winston. He's just super cute and he's almost seven months now. Worldwide did a really good job.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a good place to get a cat from. I was looking for a Russian Blue and Worldwide seems to be the only one in the vicinity of 25 miles of where I live. I had a good experience with them. They brought out several cats of the breed I was looking for, and I picked one of them. They answered questions that I had. I wanted to make sure that it was a hypo-allergenic cat and it doesn’t shed a lot, and it seemed to be. Also, I wanted to make sure that the cat plays well with the dog, and they said it did. I made the right decision.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have a 2-year-old Maltese. He's by himself sometimes and so I figured that I'd get him a brother. I've been eyeing Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for a while then and when was driving by at Sunrise, I decided I'll stop there and see what they have. I fell in love with a brown and white Shih Tzu puppy and he's my puppy now. I named him Jordan Michael and he's so cute. He's not a big barker and he plays with my other dog. If I call him, he comes over. He's such a good dog and I love him.

The reps from Worldwide, Danielle and Vanessa made things go smoothly. They were very honest with me and they told me what needs to be done as far as the payments go, what to expect when I pick up the dog, when to go see a doctor and about the first couple of days after getting the puppy. It was a really great experience. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is really good and I would recommend anyone to go there. Go check it out because it seemed like one day you see one puppy, the next day it’s gone. Grab the dog when you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My daughters found Worldwide Puppies & Kittens online. I wanted to get a golden retriever ‘cause we had a golden retriever before, and that’s a great dog. The puppy we bought is wonderful. We got her when she was about six months old. Her name is Callie and she got a great temperament. She’s friendly, smart and playful. I love her. She’s been fantastic. My wife passed away, so with the new puppy, I got a companion. When I go home, she’s really happy to see me. And I take her out all the time.

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was great and I like them. They even called a couple of days later to make sure Callie was okay and she was getting along with us. They were very helpful. We had a bunch of questions that we asked and they were more than happy to help us out. I was gonna pay for it, but I said why not take advantage of the financing. It was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was looking for a Shih Tzu because I had Shih Tzus in the past and I like them. They're smart, very lovable and child-friendly. My wife wanted something else, but she doesn’t know dogs at all. I said I didn’t want a dog that had hair. I wanted a furry dog that doesn’t shed. I wanted a female dog so it’s easier outside and a lot of different things.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was by my house, not far and we stopped there at about 7:00. I didn’t know if they had any or not. The one we saw looked just like one of the ones I had before, and she was very energetic and lively and had a great personality. We knew that was it. She was a little over five months at the time. We named her Samantha. During the process of choosing her, we didn't have to do much. They just said they’d give me the dog. But they were good because they put us in a room and they put the dog in there. They didn’t high-pressure us at all. We played with her for about 40 minutes before we made a decision. Then I paid for it. Samantha has made me happy ‘cause somebody likes me unconditionally. I’m surprised my wife loves her and she cooks for her, but I didn’t want her to give her human food. She already did though, but my wife only cooks healthy and no salt foods. And it’s good. My kids like Samantha as well.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I wanted to get a pomsky puppy for my boyfriend so I went with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Everyone there was very friendly and nice. I sat down in a room with the puppy for a little while, played with him and made sure he was friendly with my daughter. They gave me a few treats to give to the puppy and then I ended up getting it. I tried financing but they didn't accept it though. And I wish that they had a closer event to me that offered the same plan.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We had a Golden Retriever for 10 years and she passed away last August. We are an older couple and we were hesitant about getting another dog, but the house was empty without a dog. We had originally gotten our other Golden Retriever from Shake a Paw and we liked her because she was a darker color, not like the light color Golden. I looked for weeks on my computer for a puppy that was dark, not light, and there was one advertised in Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We went out, but it wasn’t a dark Golden, so Worldwide got our name and they said that they could get us one if we could wait. They said they had a breeder in Kansas and it would take a couple of weeks, so we waited for three weeks or so after the initial visit until she arrived. Supposedly, there were two puppies arriving and we could decide which one, however, at the last minute, somebody else took the other puppy, so we really didn’t have a choice.

She just celebrated her first birthday on July 27th. She’s a very smart dog. She took the training and within two weeks and she was completely housebroken. We didn’t have to use wee-wee pads. We have side doors and she can glide to a gated yard. She picked up on that very easily. My kids keep saying that maybe I should have gotten an older rescue dog, but I like to train her all the way. However, we had a lot of trouble getting her papers and I don’t know how many times my husband had to call, so I don’t think I’d ever go back to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. It was much easily arranged when we got our first dog, Maggie, at Shake a Paw.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My other dog passed away after his surgery and I looked for a whole year for a rescue, but I couldn't find anyone that fit my needs. I wanted a dog that was small, used to children, and hypoallergenic. I was used to going to Worldwide for my other dog's grooming, so I knew them. Also, I live around the corner and every day, I walk through and see the puppies there. The puppies look healthy and they are all cute. And the people there says hello and they're very nice. They are very friendly and they seem to know what they're talking about. They said that when I was ready, they had a puppy for me. When I was given this dog, it was love at first sight. My new puppy is wonderful and a lot more peppy. And he was almost trained when I got him. My experience going through Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was very good and I will tell my friends to go there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My kids wanted a pet and we went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens after researching online. We felt more secure and comfortable with Worldwide after going there and having conversations with their staff. We were looking for a Great Dane and Worldwide had them. They showed us a couple of them and they had a blue one, which they were able to get for us. They were very informative and said that they were gonna get a puppy at a particular time frame. We got it a bit before then, which is awesome. We asked them to hold the puppy just for a day or two, which they did, and it was wonderful.

I went through the financing company that they use and the process for that was easy. I got approved, we gave the deposit, and that was it. Worldwide called me, followed up with the financing company and emailed me my booklets. The puppy's name is Spartacus and is 13 weeks old now. He is a Great Dane and a good dog. He is friendly and obedient. We had a small issue with him wherein he pees on the crate a lot, but he's okay now and is gonna get better. One of the trainers said that maybe he was in a crate before we had him, so the puppy is accustomed just going in their crate. I'm the one who has to walk to the dog at night, waking up in the middle of the night when he was urinating in the crate and cleaning that up. It has been tiresome, but I'm quite sure of the payoff at the end. Nevertheless, Worldwide was a great company to work with and I have recommended other people to them if they're looking for a pet.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I wanted a dog and purchased one from Worldwide Puppies over a year ago. The information provided to me about the dog was incorrect but that was also my fault. I should’ve done more research. But Worldwide informed me that the puppy wouldn’t grow any much more than it did and that definitely was not the case. I have a full-grown dog. She's 25 pounds and they said that she wouldn’t be more than about 10 pounds. They should know a little bit more about the breeds of the dogs and if they don’t, they should say they don't. Nevertheless, I love my dog. She's great as well.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My children wanted a new cat and I went with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens due to their proximity to where we lived at the time. We got a three month old Siamese cat with stripes and they gave me some information about it. Their staff was knowledgeable and the process was really smooth. I waited five minutes then took take care of my issues as far as financing. Their staff was able to go through the terms of the purchase and they did a good job on that.

However, the cat and the food that they included in the package were overpriced. The two bags of kitten food cost $200. The only offer that we had was a free initial visit. I also compared prices afterwards and I realized that I paid top-of-the-line for the cat breed. Worldwide would have more service if the prices were not as steep. Other than that, adding a new family member is good moral support for the kids and good comfort for my wife. Worldwide's process and everything around it was great.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I got a Westie from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for my mom as a gift. And while everyone there were very nice, very helpful and accommodating, I didn't like that you have to pay extra to get the papers. I even had to pay extra to transfer the ownership. I didn’t like how there were always so many extra things added on.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My dog passed away and I wanted a Scottish Fold kitten, and I got one from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He is about nine months old now and I love him. I'd recommend Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to others.

Original review: July 8, 2018

There's a Worldwide Puppies and Kittens which happens to be in our neighborhood. Their customer service was excellent and everything was amazing. However, they’re completely overpriced so I would not purchase there again. I found out I could have bought the same for a quarter of the price. Our cat also came home with a ringworm. Other than that, we got a wonderful, cute and adorable cat. We love her to death.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We got Mack, our Yellow Lab, from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He was three months then. My wife knew people who adopted from them and she went by their word.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I got a kitten from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. They helped me all the way in the process of choosing the kitten. It’s an Abyssinian and when I got him, he was about two months old. It was my wife’s pet. So she's happy with it. The kitten's a blessing.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We had a little Miniature Poodle who passed away at 7 due to diabetes, so we looked to replace him if possible with another Miniature Poodle just like him, if we found the right dog. We went to new places and we couldn’t find anything we like. Then we ended up at Worldwide Puppies. I like the fact that we got some individual time outside the bins and then if we were interested from that, Worldwide would give an individual room where they put us in it and get to interact with the dog in that setting. That was really good. Plus, the staff were very nice and helpful the whole time. They also had a coupon online for $100 off, so I took advantage of that. The puppy was jumping up and down, kissing us, and going crazy, so we had to take him. Now, we feel a lot happier and we’re very happy we got him. Poodles are very smart and adventurous, and our puppy is full of energy. We also have another dog that keeps her company so it’s a good deal.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My boyfriend decided to get a puppy and did some research. He knew what kind of dog he wanted and Worldwide was the only location that had a puppy that he wanted. Plus, they were very friendly. He picked the one he liked the most and bought a French Bulldog, which is four months old now. Taking care of our dog is a bit stressful but beyond that, it’s worth it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I got a puppy because my husband had passed away and I always had a puppy before. We wanted to adopt but all the puppies were big dogs, so we looked in several places and Worldwide had the best pick of the litter. They had a lot of different ones and we were happy with what they had in the store. The rep was very friendly, informative and helpful. We ended up getting a Cavalier Shih-Tzu which was three months at the time of purchase. Her name is Lady and she's a cutie. She brings a lot of happiness and we're very excited with her. It's been a great experience even when I went to the vet. Everything was covered and there were no hidden agendas which was a pleasure.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Me and my little brother wanted a small puppy and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was the closest pet store to me. They let us see a whole bunch of different dogs and we got the Frenchie. While they gave me a couple of details, they didn’t tell how many shots I was gonna have to pay after. They only told me I had to pay for a couple of them. They basically told me all I had to do was get the fecal analysis and I only had to pay for that, but I later found out that I have to pay for way more.

They also told me that I had to do a leasing program with the first couple of payments and then I could pay off the puppy when I want to after that. They explained it pretty good. Our puppy is five months now and we named her Angelica. She doesn’t like being by herself at all and I'm just getting used to her. But I enjoy it. Other than that, everyone was nice at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My daughter wanted a little kitten since my grandbaby wanted one. My daughter searched for a source somewhere in New York and we went to different places. What the people at those places told her wasn't what they had told her through the interview on the phone with whomever she spoke to. So, she researched more and we took a chance and went over to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. When we first walked into the place, my daughter and I noticed that all the animals were happy, barking, jumping and playing. So it seemed to us that they got a lot of love and attention.

We got a Russian Blue kitten from them because she was allergic to cats and we found out that Russian Blues throw less hair. Since then, I see the kitten once a week and he has been doing great. He has grown a little bit and he's been really friendly. I think he's getting to know the family and he goes upstairs and downstairs. However, my husband said that last week my daughter had to take him to the vet because he was a little sick. He was throwing up and had diarrhea. According to the vet, the kitten had come sick from the place where we bought him with a virus, so they gave it antibiotics. Nevertheless, the people at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens were polite. They were really nice and proper.

Original review: June 8, 2018

For few months my daughter persisted on getting a puppy. I went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens because I wanted a specific breed and I thought that it would be easier for me to go through a pet store instead of a breeder. I got my daughter a Cockalier and named her Evie. She is five months now. When I went to the store I specifically asked for a King Charles Cavalier. The person who helped me told me she didn’t have them in stock but she did have one that was mixed with a Cocker Spaniel. I saw her and they put me in the little room with her. I found her to be super cute so I just went for it. The girl who assisted me was amazing. She was transparent and very thorough. She also didn’t make me feel like I was asking a stupid question and she was able to answer all my questions. I have to put a deposit of one-half for the puppy and I just decided to finance the other half.

It has been a little more stressful since I get the short-end of the stick mainly because I have to buy everything and I have to put order. But with my daughter, it has had a very positive impact in her life. She looks forward to coming home every day to Evie and she spends a lot of time with her and it’s been good. I’d definitely recommend Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. They’re a small pet store with great customer service and a good variation of different breeds and with a lot of helpful knowledge.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I had a good experience with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and the people there were very nice. I live alone and I knew I wanted a kittye. I was with a friend and we were just holding a bunch of Persian kittens and I just clicked with one kitten. His name was Pablo and he's now five months and he has definitely impacted my life a lot. I would recommend Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, and I’d probably get another kitty in the future from them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We lost our other dog and my life was devastated. She was 18 years and one month and we had to put her to sleep. And I have another dog at 14. My wife heard good things about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and they were excellent. We walked in there and we walked out with a Maltese that we bought. She's a little Terrier and looks good. She is like a new person and she's a good girl but my 14-year old doesn't want to be bothered with a baby. Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is great and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is a good place and it's near where we live. We got a Shih Tzu there who is eight months old now and she's doing very well. She is smart and very friendly. The only thing I didn't like about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was that they didn't say anything about the rate until we got everything set up and almost ready to sign. I loaned from a bank and the interest rate was at 20%. They should have told me in the beginning that I was approved at a certain rate. Otherwise, we're very happy. We love puppies and we love having a pet in our home.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I got a puppy from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens a couple months ago and there was a little misunderstanding with the pricing. When I was working on the price, they told me that he had the chip in his body and I didn't know I had to pay for that. They told me how much the puppy was and I went all the way to the bank to get the cash because I had no money. So, when I got to the cashier and I was gonna pay for it, I only had what they told me I was gonna pay for the puppy. And paying for the chip was over $150 more. If we were just talking about $20, $30, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But when we're talking about more than $100, they’ve gotta tell me right there and then and add it to the price. I was a little disappointed. But, at the end of the day, we worked it out and the girls were really nice. It was not a bad experience but if I were to refer a friend, I would tell them what happened to me so they’ll know upfront.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We've heard good things about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, so we went in to check it out. There were two rottweilers and they gave us a comparison on the two dogs since we were interested in both. Luca, the one that we got, was the bigger one. We saw him and fell in love with him immediately. We asked Worldwide Puppies & Kittens to see him and they gave us some instruction on what his temperament’s like, his eating habits and how he’s getting along with the other dogs in the pen. Then, they groomed Luca before they gave him to us. He’s adorable and very well-behaved. He gets along well with my family and is great with my kids. He has a good appetite and is tiny but clumsy because of how big his paws are.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The new puppy was something that was spoken of in my household. And then one day, I found Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and walked out of the store with a dog. They had more variety than other sources and they seemed a lot safer and they took care of their pups a lot better. I got a Bernese Mountain dog. He is now five months and I feel like I have a child. He’s so playful and it’s the best because we’re very similar in energy. We have profuse bursts of energy and when it’s time to lay down, we’re gonna go lay down.

My favorite part of being at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was that they were very informative. Every question that I asked, whether it was about the breed or about overall caretaking, they had the answer. I was very appreciative about that. I did financing and it literally took five minutes. They made a call and it went through quickly and it was cool because I just got there probably half an hour before they even closed. The turnaround time was pretty good.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information