toll free

Bellmore, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We purchased a dog for my mother ten years ago from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. It was a Dachshund, and he passed away at ten years old because of cancer, so we bought another dog from them ten years later. My mother is old and we wanted to get her company right away, so we went back to them because I knew them. I found out shortly after that there were a couple more sellers in the area that could have probably done better price-wise, but it's okay. I went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens because I knew who they were.

I went with my son and we looked at several breeds, ages and price ranges. The people in Worldwide Puppies & Kittens' customer service were all knowledgeable, very attentive and patient. We spent two hours till we decided. They worked with me and were very nice to us. We got a Chiweenie, a Chihuahua-Dachshund that's got a lot of fight in him. I liked him because he was very quiet and laid-back. And with my mother spoiling him, he became the king of the castle. But he's a nice dog and all in all, he has definitely enriched my mother's life because she talks about him with pride. Overall I was very satisfied with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and I would recommend them.

I have been wanting a puppy for some time now, and Worldwide was the name given by a friend of mine who lives in the area. I walked around the store, saw a puppy that I was interested in, and they allowed me to spend some time and interact with the puppy. I got a Cavachon, and he’s the best. It’s a lot of responsibility though. It’s pretty much taking care of something else besides myself day-to-day. But nonetheless, I had the best experience with Worldwide.

I had a cat with my girlfriend but we broke up and she took the cat with her. After that, I really wanted a cat. We had talked about Bengal cats before but I knew that it was going to be hard to find them and they were expensive. I was looking around with my sister and she Googled pet places and found Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I called and it sounded like they had a very good selection. They were my best option and I definitely think I made the right choice. When I found out that they had a Bengal cat and it was zero down financing, I jumped on the opportunity.

Choosing the cat was quick because I already knew that I wanted a male Bengal. When I went to the cages, I knew that I wanted the one that I ended up naming Blizzard because he’s a Snow Bengal. He’s eight months old now and likes to play a lot and he’s really energetic. Most of the time, he’s running around, jumping up on things, climbing stuff and he’s always around me. He’s my little buddy and he keeps me company. Since having Blizzard, it's been a lot of fun although he likes to get into mishaps. He's a lot of work but it's worth it. I’ve recommended Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to a couple of people.

I have a Beagle at home from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and she’s great and I went back for a second dog. I got an English Bulldog. He was home for a day then we had to take him to the hospital because he had pneumonia and couldn’t breathe. We got him home the week after. He got pneumonia a day later again and took him back to the hospital. Then, the third time, it’s the same thing. He’d relapse with pneumonia.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens wanted to switch the puppy. I got a new English Bulldog but he got sick after four days. He went to the hospital and died of canine virus illness. I decided not to get an English Bulldog this time and get a German Shepherd. I’m waiting for that dog to come in so I can take a look at him. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens has been really good and handled me very nicely.

The manager and one of the workers there were fantastic. They were very helpful even with all these still going on. They were really sweet about it and have been in constant contact with me. Even with a crappy situation, they’ve handled themselves well. They’ve been awesome and the customer service there is great. Their kennel is very fine and I just had a little bad luck. The puppies just had something brewing and we didn’t know.

I pass Worldwide Puppies and Kittens all the time and I've heard good things about it. I went in and their reps were very helpful. They put us in a room with a couple of different kittens that we liked. I left and then came back and got my kitten. It was a birthday gift and she's wonderful. She's a seven-month-old Silver Tabby Exotic Shorthair, and her name is Bellarmine. It was a fabulous experience. Everyone was very accommodating and they remembered me when I came back, which was nice.

I wanted another puppy and I was looking for a Bichon. And Worldwide Puppies & Kittens were the only ones that had a Bichon. They have a couple of them. Their reps were very helpful and they didn’t rush me. They made sure that’s exactly the puppy I wanted. They gave me a bag of food, which was helpful for the first day and some kind of a Nutri-Cal that I had to add. I paid for the puppy but I also took advantage of their free shots from the vet as well as their grooming specials. They groom what should be groomed and they did a very good job. They were very thorough and they’re always very pleasant. My Bichon, Mikey, is coming along nicely and he’s very playful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

I promised my granddaughter a poodle. I saw Worldwide Puppies and Kittens on a street and I stopped because I was going through and it’s near my house. And I got a Shih Tzu from them. His name is Fluffy. He’s a good puppy and he turned one on June 21st of this year. I live in a community complex and I can only have a small puppy. Everybody in the neighborhood loves him. He’s into everything. He doesn’t eat any of my shoes. He doesn’t get into anything unless it’s paper and shoelaces, and we have that.

When I went in, there was one dog that everyone loves and pets in the window. But I didn’t want that dog. I saw Fluffy and he didn’t bark at all. He sat down and ran around the cage. He’s adorable and tame. He hasn't barked except two times since I’ve had him. He’s the best puppy ever. We keep him clean, smooth, and well. We had the license and the chip when we purchased him. We took advantage of the financing for the shots or inoculations. Worldwide assisted us with that three times and for the different treats that they offered when I came over. But they don’t sell treats anymore, so I have to get other things for the dog. They were very good but there’s one girl in particular that stood out. She would always assist me and she knew my name. I had no problems with the place and they were attentive. It was an awesome experience. I would recommend them but only when anyone likes dogs.

We wanted an addition to the family and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was close to home to travel. We visited a lot. They're very friendly and they use a kind of free rule to see the puppies that are available. I asked questions about them too. I liked having the one-on-one time with the puppy in the play area to see if it’s the right match for me. In the end, we got a Yorkshire Terrier Teacup puppy and I named her Impala. There was also great follow-up after we've come home with the new puppy. They made themselves readily available to answer any questions or concerns that we may have. Our entire experience was great!

I wanted a new dog, and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens were really close to my house. I got a male Yorkie and paid cash for him. I wasn't sure what I wanted at first, but the girls there were very helpful. They have really good and professional staff that try to help you find the perfect fit for your family. They're very clean, too. I'm very satisfied with my experience at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. My life has changed in a good way since having my Yorkie.

I needed a hypoallergenic dog then I got a Goldendoodle from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Her name's Zoey Bay and she is seven months old. It's great since having her in the family. And even after I have the dog, I could call Worldwide Puppies & Kittens anytime I have a question and they'd answer. They're very helpful.

We have a dog at home now but we just decided to expand the family because sometimes he's lonely. So we felt bad, so we were like, “Let's just get him a friend.” We went to Shake A Paw, but nobody was really helping, so we just left. We saw Worldwide Puppies & Kittens as we were just driving by, and just stopped in there.

We were supposed to get a big dog but we ended up getting a Yorkie instead. They had a bunch of Yorkies. At first, they showed us a couple of older ones, but then we just decided maybe to go younger. Then they showed some of other breeds too like Shih Tzus. Those were really cute too but I don’t really like those. So we ended up picking out this Yorkie named him Toby. He was like only five months of age. We wanted to go younger but his personality was great. He was jumping up on us, but when he held him, he was all calm. He just had such a good personality. It was like you can't say no to him.

He seemed very familiar with other dogs. We have a cat at home too and he's getting along great with it. Maybe he was just used to being handled himself. We went for a couple of shots and everything’s doing well as far as the vitamins. The training is going really good too. He literally goes with us everywhere now. He's playful but he loves to sleep. He's really healthy and I think that’s the only thing that has me so happy right now. The guys at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens told us how he would be like as far as characteristics and they're pretty much fully correct on how he is. They did really great. They showed us everything, assisted us fine and I didn’t feel awkward unlike when I was at Shake A Paw. It was an overall great experience. I'd love to go back if I ever need another dog. My brother’s actually gonna be going to get a dog from them.

No response received

The kids wanted to get pets. We were trying to find a pet that is not very known and is not common just like any other pets. I went to adoption centers and to Worldwide looking for an Abyssinian breed and we got two kittens from Worldwide. The boy is Noah and the girl is Chloe. Their staff was nice and everything went well but, on the other hand, I told their rep beforehand that I wanted the kittens to be of the same age. She told me they were two weeks apart, which I thought is not much of a difference, but the other one looked much bigger than the other one. Noah was much smaller than Chloe. The price depends on the age -- the older they get, the less expensive it is -- but she charged me both for the price of the small one which I thought was not fair for their age. I still feel discouraged about it.

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was wonderful. They have reputation and when you go in there, it's very clean and doesn't smell like poop. They were very knowledgeable and very pleasant. We decided to get a new puppy because they were nice. Choosing the new puppy was based on the response that I got from the dog. It was very loving, very caring and I know I'd pay a lot, but it doesn't really matter sometimes. She is a Maltese and she's about 7 months. My life is back to what it was since adding our new family member.

We went to the pound and the ones that they have, like old cats, have grown. My granddaughter is only seven years old so that's why I decided to go to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. The kitten was a Scottish Fold. My granddaughter calls him Snowball. He's white and brownish, pretty little kitty. The dog is half Husky and Pomeranian so he won't get so big. A pretty black dog also. I financed one of them and one I paid with my debit card. They ain't my pets but they changed my life. I tell my granddaughter to feed the cat before she go to school. You got to walk them and take care of them like little kids. It's your responsibility.

My baby brother is turning two, so I decided that it was time to get him a little puppy. I have gotten a lot of recommendations from other friends and people who have used Worldwide. Then, I saw that they had a really good review online as well, so I went ahead and went into their store. They were very helpful and I was helped by a multiple of people there including Jen, Rebecca and Desiree. They were absolutely fantastic and very friendly, unlike any other place. They knew so much about the different breeds, pros and cons with how they're going to be with kids and how kids were going to be reacting to them.

I bought a little boy tricolored beagle and we named him Shilo. My brother's in love with him and the poor dog gets tired out from him. It is a small little boy who likes to grab him and rough house with him so, obviously, they led me to the perfect direction. They also gave me a whole vet care package. They have a lot of stuff like packages with a puppy starter kit. I would like to say thank you very much to Worldwide. They go above and beyond.

I and the person I was with wanted more kittens so we were gonna breed it but it didn’t really work out because we got separated. So, I just wanted another animal and he’s with me. I spent hours and hours of trying to find a place to get a kitten over the internet but all the cats were neutered and spayed every single place I looked or we have to adopt the rescued. I didn’t want that because I wanted a brand new kitten.

We went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and it was at night time so they were closing up, but they still let me take the time I needed to choose between a few different cats. We told them that we wanted either no fur, extra fur or folded ears and they gave us a cat of each specific type and then we chose in between and picked the folded ears. His name is Nicklaus and he is a Scottish Fold. He should be about five months now. The cat was expensive but we purchased in full. He's changed my life extremely and there's never a dull moment. I had a very decent and great experience with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and I actually have recommended them to friends.

I've always wanted a puppy but I wasn't ready and the place where I lived didn't allow dogs. So once I got a place that allowed dogs, I got my puppy. My girlfriend got a kitten at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens so she referred me to go there. Initially I went and saw a Shiba Inu in the window and then they gave me a price. He was the older one, four months old. I was just initially shopping but then I really didn't see the one I was looking for. I wanted one that was eight weeks old so I told them to order me one and they said they'll bring in two. They did and I picked mine over the other one. It was a great experience. No issues at all. Lucky is now seven months old and he's a bundle of joy. I love him and he loves me back. I can't imagine life without him now.

No response received

I was trying to adopt a pet, but I couldn't do that because a home check would be done, so I went to Worldwide and got a kitten. My kitten is about a year old. She's small and curly. She's supposed to be a Bengal, but I went to two vets and they said that she's not. I mentioned this to one of the girls at Worldwide. But she said, "No. She definitely is. It says on her paper." I wouldn't recommend Worldwide, only because I got a cat that wasn't the cat that they said. If they gave me the cat that was actually a Bengal, I would give them a high rating. But the workers are fine. They're really nice people and they are helpful. I go there all the time to chill.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was driving through, stopped, and looked through the window of the store. I went in and looked through the different puppies. I happened to notice the little one by the bottom of the cages and he was just sitting there. And I felt like he was the quietest one out of all of them, at that time at least. Then he was taken out of his cage and played with him and somehow never let him go after that. Roscoe is a bundle of energy, and he’s an Ori Pei or a Pug and Shar Pei mix. He lights up everyone’s day in the house. It's always fun to come home to a puppy that’s literally wagging his tail left and right just because they’re so happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was driving down Sunrise Highway and she and my daughter went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. My daughter fell in love with the puppy. After work, I went to the pet store and bought it. The puppy is a Frenchton and she’s 7 months old. I already have a dog and they get along with each other.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'd recommend Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. I got a new puppy from them for my son and daughter. I went with them because of their store's cleanliness, and aside from that, they didn't try to sell us a dog. We wanted to choose someone that chose us, too. We looked around and, even though the staff at Worldwide showed us several breeds, our new puppy got our attention. She was the only one that wanted to play and interact with us. She was hooked on my son and daughter, and I was the one that was cold-hearted. I kept saying, "No, we shouldn't do this. We shouldn't get this one." She didn't do anything. At the end of the day, she ended up warming me up and I ended up paying for her and bringing her home. She chose us, we didn't choose her.

Our new puppy is sweet, lovable and playful. She looks like Lady from Lady and the Tramp. I wanted to call her Lady but my children insisted on calling her Lily. And she started to respond to her name the same day. She's definitely spoiled. She gets groomed morning and night. She gets showered twice a week and has her own room and tub. The kids adore her because they get to run up and down in the backyard. She's sixteen weeks old and just got all her shots cleared.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We previously purchased a kitten who had a congenital defect and we had to give him up to the veterinarian so he could be with someone who’s going to give him constant care. So we looked for a replacement and we looked for a store that was selling a certain breed and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens let us know that they had that breed in stock. They had some good reviews on Google as well so we decided to take the trip out.

We had an idea of what we wanted because our previous kitten was a Siamese and we're looking to replace it with another Siamese. But when we got to the store, the clerk was so helpful and showed our kitten first because she said that she thought we would enjoy him. So we played with him and we just instantly fell in love. We didn't want to see any other cats after that. Our new kitten is a male Himalayan and he was just the sweetest thing. Since then, our lives have been great. There was so much love and lots of play time. We also have Ferrets and they've bonded as well. They have a new playmate.

Overall, I was really impressed with the store. All of the animals seemed extremely happy and friendly and the service was phenomenal especially in comparison to some other pet stores that we went to. It was nice to see how excited the pets were at the store, which shows the quality of care. It has been a fantastic experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The fiancée was in love with the puppy so I decided to get one for her from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. Their interest rate was very good and whatever they told me I would get is real. My fiancée really wanted a pure French Bulldog but the one they had was mixed so we got a Cocker Spaniel. His name is Kyle and he's seven months old. He's very playful and like my son, I love him. I play catch with him and spoil him and he cries when I leave to go to work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get a gift for my mother for Christmas. She’s always been talking about wanting a puppy for Christmas and it would be a nice surprise to get her one. So we decided to get one. We went to different stores and different adoption places. They didn't have actual puppies. They had just full-bred, grown dogs. So we looked around and compared the price, they didn't have what we were looking for. Worldwide has the closest price that we needed and they were right up our alley. When we came to them, we were looking at a Yorkshire. They put us in a room and let us play with them and spend quality time and mull it over. We were there for over two hours.

Every puppy that we've seen, they would sit us down, tell us the pros and cons about it. They're very hands on. It was very helpful. The morkie that we got is very energetic, spunky and always wants to play. The only thing about it is it needs to get a cut pretty often. Its coat is so shaggy now. The only thing about Worldwide is they’re so far from Rockaway, where my mother lives. Other than that, I would definitely and have actually recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to get a puppy for the family and heard good things about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens so we went over it. We then got a puppy, which is absolutely awesome. They did great assisting us and we're very happy with them. They were very, very professional and very good. Our puppy, Lassy, is amazing. It's great to have her as part of the family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called on the phone looking for a particular birth date and breed, and the girls who answered were very nice and sent me pictures. They had beautiful-looking dogs and the girls on the phone explained to me about the dog. They said they have Teacup Yorkies which I wanted and a lot of places didn't have this particular breed. They told me to come over and when I got there, they brought the puppy out, took him at the back to clean him up, showed what to feed and not to feed him and helped me find things. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that the puppy was going home to a nice house. I go to people who know what they're talking about cause I have six dogs and I'm an animal lover, and they asked me questions about my other dogs.

I purchased the Teacup and you could see that he's very friendly, well-taken care of and clean. I also bought him a beautiful custom crate. It has lounge in the back, bowls and blanket and the puppy loves it. Miko is smart and gets along very well with the other dogs which is funny to watch because the other five dogs are like puppies again because he's training them to do puppy mode and it brings life back to them. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is not like the average pet shop. I've never seen a place have so many things to offer and there are unique and custom-type of things, which made me buy the crate. They had every accessory you possibly need for an animal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My other puppy's five now and I want a new little one running around. Worldwide Puppies is where I got my other puppy five years ago so I decided to go back there and see what they have. I also had known somebody who got her pup there and that's what made me go for our bigger guy, Marshmallow. I wanted a small male because I have fibromyalgia, so I can't have something that's gonna walk me. I requested a combination with a poodle. Because my other dog is a Maltipoo and Poodles are great dogs so whatever is attached to them, it's even better. My new puppy is a Pomapoo. It has pointy ears that are caramel color and the rest of him is a light cream color.

I'm very happy with Worldwide. They're very knowledgeable with what they're doing with pups and take really good care of their dogs. They're really nice and they take the time. They also don't rush you and force you into something that maybe you're not ready for. They let me see as many dogs as I wanted, too. I had tons of options there. I would definitely recommend Worldwide Puppies and Kittens.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son told me he wants a pet and he decided he wants a kitten. We went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and he saw this Bengal cat and he said he wanted it. The cat is almost six months now and his name is James. In the beginning, it was very scary for us because it's the first time we have a kitten at home. He runs around and he jumps a lot and we weren't used to that. But now I greet him and look for him when I leave the house and when I arrive home. It was very nice. A lot of my friends have said that the cat is expensive but he's worth it and I love him. I see my son every day with him and my son's very happy now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our cat died and we wanted a new one. We tried going to multiple shelters, but they wouldn’t let me adopt because I had other pets at home and they didn’t think that I was an appropriate pet owner, so I resorted to going to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. We went in and there were a few reserved. We were looking for a Ragdoll, we pulled them out, and we immediately fell in love with a kitten. The girl who helped us was phenomenal and was a very good salesperson. She was very knowledgeable and helpful. We paid the store in full and got an amazing kitten that was born on September 29. Her name is Eloise and she's going to be spayed on Friday so we're very happy. All in all, this has been a very good experience and Eloise has brought more joy into our household.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to get a puppy as a companion. I went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens a few times. The place is good and people are friendly. I wanted to have a micro Yorkie which is the smallest so I got one. They told me she won't grow up more than five pounds. It’s already been two months since I got the puppy and she gained one pound. She had a cold when I got her, but now she’s okay. They covered the doctor’s appointment. She’s a good companion and she makes me happy. I just don’t want her to grow up more than five pounds, that’s all I’m worried about. But she's a good and healthy puppy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and walked around, and they made sure we cleaned our hands before we touched the animals. I didn't go there planning on getting a puppy. We asked to play with one and wanted her then so it was a very spur of the moment decision. The staff also pushed for me getting her because they wanted a sale. They were nice and helped a lot in helping me choose but I will not get another puppy from them because it's very expensive, although Raven is worth it. She's a Maltese/Yorkie mix, 15-16 weeks old and very energetic. She's a great puppy and she's doing well.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Profile