It's that easy Request Information
4.69/5

Bellmore, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

187 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We ran into the puppy store of Worldwide Puppies. My sister loves the puppies and I decided I’ll take one of the puppies. I live on the base, and there’s some procedures that I have to go through. I can’t just take the pup. I signed incorrect papers and I asked them was it okay for me to reconsider even though I’ve signed these papers that weren’t the right ones. The lady there was like, “Oh, they can’t take it back.” I said, “But I haven't even signed the correct papers yet.” She said they still couldn’t do that. And then she gave me the correct papers to sign.

They could’ve been like, “Okay, we’ll give you enough time for you to reconsider, whatever the case might’ve been.” But she wasn’t having it. I’ll still take the puppy either way, but it would've been best for me to look in my procedures and my living arrangements first on the base, and then, okay, I’ll be able to adopt the pup. I signed because I didn’t have time to deal with it back and forth. The overall process was not fine. But my Teacup Yorkie is in a decent shape when I got it. He was very energetic. So I like the pups. The people I didn’t.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We had lost our prior dog, so we replaced the one we had. We’ve been to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens before and we bought from them in the past. We had no problems with the last dog we got so we chose to go back there. We knew the type of dog we were looking for from internet research, and then they happened to have one that my wife fell in love with. At the point once we realized that we like the puppy, they were very effective in making sure we got what we wanted and did what we needed. We got a four months old mini goldendoodle puppy and we paid cash. We have 3 dogs now and we’re happy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My neighbor recently purchased a Rottweiler, and I really wanted a dog, so I asked him where he got it from and he gave me Worldwide Puppies & Kittens' address. They denied me to buy a puppy, at first. So, I was going to another store and then they called me back saying that I was approved, and I could pick any puppy within my range. So, I decided to a Golden Retriever puppy. Their staff was pretty nice. They were very helpful and polite. The process went very easily and smoothly. But when I asked them about where should I go and do my payments, and they would just tell me that the information is in the packet. I had to find it on my own. It was difficult because I didn't know which website or company to pay my bills for. So, I had to call multiple companies to see if I could pay my bill through them and they would tell that I have to call a certain company. I would call that company and they would tell me that that’s not where I could pay it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We bought a puppy from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens for the kids for Christmas. The kids were gonna get a Brittany Spaniel and we saw that Worldwide Puppies & Kittens had them available over there, but then when we saw and liked the Mini Aussie that was there, we chose him. Picking the puppy was a really good experience. Everything was clean at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. They were really helpful and nice. They explained everything to us. They explained the credit, but we just paid it off because it was cheaper that way. We also took advantage of the vet which was included with the purchase of the dog. Their attention was really good too. They called us to see if the puppy was okay. Everything has been awesome with the puppy and we love him.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I wanted a kitten and I shopped around a few places in my area. I live in Queens Village and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was the closest store that sell kittens, so I went with them. My experience with them was very good. In other places, they were a little on the edge about you playing with the kitten or trying to interact with them. But at Worldwide, they were pretty nice and they let you interact with the kitten before you purchase it. The one I got was in good health when I bought him and Worldwide also sent me to a vet to whom they gave me some credit with. So for the first couple of visits, I didn’t have to pay. For example, when it was time to neuter the kitten because it was so young when I got it, that was already paid for. Aside from that, to me, Worldwide's reps were very educated on all their animals and their service was perfect. Go ahead and get anything you like at the store because they’re the best.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a good place. There was some problem with the dates on the medical form where it didn't show the exact dates. For example, the form said that the shots were good from 11/1 to 11/1, even though it was for the year. But besides that, my experience was all good. The reps were good and they were very smooth. Everything was normal with my Mini Goldendoodle when I got her.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I got a little Persian kitten from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Their reps were very nice and helpful. They had me hold the kitten first, and then when they asked me if I wanted to adopt her, I said, “Yes.” And then they gave me some paperwork. They took her in the back to go clean her up and get her ready and then they had me fill out paperwork. I financed her, so I had to fill out some paperwork, and then they had to call someone to verify everything, and then it went through. They also told me about a package I could get, so I got all the supply for her, and I took her home. I still go back there to buy food for my kitten because they the have the specific food that she likes, and they always give me the food that I need.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We brought our little man Poseidon home back in March. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave us plenty of time to play with our new family member before we decided he was the right fit for us. I’ve been back to visit and play with other pups since then. I always feel welcome, even though the staff knows I just came to play, and already have a house full of dogs, and can’t take in any more right now. The store is clean, and the animals are always energetic. I’ve never seen more than one or two pups napping at any given time. In other pet stores, all of the animals are sleeping. Makes you wonder!! Thanks for helping me find me sweet Poseidon!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We were passing by Sunrise Highway and we saw the Worldwide Puppies & Kittens store. We came in and looked it up, and we liked the way they had the dogs, so we decided to get the dog from there. They showed us three of the dogs, then they put us in a room with the dog, so we can play with him. After everything, we decided to get one, and he was excellent. Our life has been amazing since we got the dog.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have three animals that I got spontaneously from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I went in and ended up buying them. I got two kittens and a dog, and all of them were really great. Everyone there was great, too. So, I went back and got two more animals after getting the first one. I went there just to look around and pet the animals and then I saw my dream dog I’ve always wanted. So, there was really no leaving without him.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We have a two-year-old Weimaraner that's pretty high anxiety. We have a vet down at South Carolina who suggested that another dog might go ahead and take away some of the Weimaraner's anxiety. We wound up at a place on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore. We walked in and saw a golden retriever puppy. We financed through Worldwide and we walked out with the puppy. The experience of buying the dog was a good experience. The puppy's name is Cooper and has a really great temperament and good with the Weimaraner who is Ava. And the Weimaraner is kind of nurturing to Cooper. Cooper is the puppy that wants to play, and because the Weimaraner has all the anxiety and high strung, they get along great. Having Cooper is like another family member and everybody is happy. The kids are really excited about it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We got our first kitten from Worldwide Puppies, then we wanted to get him a brother and since we were happy the first time, we went there a second time. The people that worked there were extremely friendly. They let us play with any kitten we wanted, they had extensive knowledge of each breed and they also helped us find a vet with no problem. We got a few discounts at the vet, so that was extremely helpful. We got a Bengal and named him Loki. It was a little bit out of my budget, but because they really knew what they were talking about, I felt very comfortable with them, and I felt that it would be a good investment for me. It was all around a great experience, I’d definitely go back to them again if I can afford another cat. Everything that came with them, the package, how they assisted, the payment plan, follow-up, has just been great.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We got two Maine Coon kittens from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens almost six years ago and we liked the place. We went to their store and told them that we were interested in Bengals and asked if they have any. They said yes and took us in a little room. They brought in four of them, we eliminated two, and I fell in love with my Jake. He's four months old and I love his energy. He’s very cuddly, loving, and always purring really loud. We have taken the kittens to the vet and they are up-to-date now with their shots. Next month, we plan on having them neutered.

Worldwide told us the kittens were high-energy. They helped us with the food and in making the decision. They also gave us a 10% discount since we had gotten kittens from them before and put it on the credit card. The people that work there were wonderful, helpful and extremely nice. I recommend the place to others if they are looking for a puppy or a kitten.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have animals with my family, but I was moving out and so I wanted my own. I was interested in getting a British Longhair and I knew that Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has that type of cat on their Instagram, so I went to them. It was super simple to find my kitten. It took less than an hour and the people there were really patient with me. It's been pretty great since I got Winston. He's just super cute and he's almost seven months now. Worldwide did a really good job.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a good place to get a cat from. I was looking for a Russian Blue and Worldwide seems to be the only one in the vicinity of 25 miles of where I live. I had a good experience with them. They brought out several cats of the breed I was looking for, and I picked one of them. They answered questions that I had. I wanted to make sure that it was a hypo-allergenic cat and it doesn’t shed a lot, and it seemed to be. Also, I wanted to make sure that the cat plays well with the dog, and they said it did. I made the right decision.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have a 2-year-old Maltese. He's by himself sometimes and so I figured that I'd get him a brother. I've been eyeing Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for a while then and when was driving by at Sunrise, I decided I'll stop there and see what they have. I fell in love with a brown and white Shih Tzu puppy and he's my puppy now. I named him Jordan Michael and he's so cute. He's not a big barker and he plays with my other dog. If I call him, he comes over. He's such a good dog and I love him.

The reps from Worldwide, Danielle and Vanessa made things go smoothly. They were very honest with me and they told me what needs to be done as far as the payments go, what to expect when I pick up the dog, when to go see a doctor and about the first couple of days after getting the puppy. It was a really great experience. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is really good and I would recommend anyone to go there. Go check it out because it seemed like one day you see one puppy, the next day it’s gone. Grab the dog when you can.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My daughters found Worldwide Puppies & Kittens online. I wanted to get a golden retriever ‘cause we had a golden retriever before, and that’s a great dog. The puppy we bought is wonderful. We got her when she was about six months old. Her name is Callie and she got a great temperament. She’s friendly, smart and playful. I love her. She’s been fantastic. My wife passed away, so with the new puppy, I got a companion. When I go home, she’s really happy to see me. And I take her out all the time.

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was great and I like them. They even called a couple of days later to make sure Callie was okay and she was getting along with us. They were very helpful. We had a bunch of questions that we asked and they were more than happy to help us out. I was gonna pay for it, but I said why not take advantage of the financing. It was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was looking for a Shih Tzu because I had Shih Tzus in the past and I like them. They're smart, very lovable and child-friendly. My wife wanted something else, but she doesn’t know dogs at all. I said I didn’t want a dog that had hair. I wanted a furry dog that doesn’t shed. I wanted a female dog so it’s easier outside and a lot of different things.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was by my house, not far and we stopped there at about 7:00. I didn’t know if they had any or not. The one we saw looked just like one of the ones I had before, and she was very energetic and lively and had a great personality. We knew that was it. She was a little over five months at the time. We named her Samantha. During the process of choosing her, we didn't have to do much. They just said they’d give me the dog. But they were good because they put us in a room and they put the dog in there. They didn’t high-pressure us at all. We played with her for about 40 minutes before we made a decision. Then I paid for it. Samantha has made me happy ‘cause somebody likes me unconditionally. I’m surprised my wife loves her and she cooks for her, but I didn’t want her to give her human food. She already did though, but my wife only cooks healthy and no salt foods. And it’s good. My kids like Samantha as well.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I wanted to get a pomsky puppy for my boyfriend so I went with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Everyone there was very friendly and nice. I sat down in a room with the puppy for a little while, played with him and made sure he was friendly with my daughter. They gave me a few treats to give to the puppy and then I ended up getting it. I tried financing but they didn't accept it though. And I wish that they had a closer event to me that offered the same plan.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We had a Golden Retriever for 10 years and she passed away last August. We are an older couple and we were hesitant about getting another dog, but the house was empty without a dog. We had originally gotten our other Golden Retriever from Shake a Paw and we liked her because she was a darker color, not like the light color Golden. I looked for weeks on my computer for a puppy that was dark, not light, and there was one advertised in Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We went out, but it wasn’t a dark Golden, so Worldwide got our name and they said that they could get us one if we could wait. They said they had a breeder in Kansas and it would take a couple of weeks, so we waited for three weeks or so after the initial visit until she arrived. Supposedly, there were two puppies arriving and we could decide which one, however, at the last minute, somebody else took the other puppy, so we really didn’t have a choice.

She just celebrated her first birthday on July 27th. She’s a very smart dog. She took the training and within two weeks and she was completely housebroken. We didn’t have to use wee-wee pads. We have side doors and she can glide to a gated yard. She picked up on that very easily. My kids keep saying that maybe I should have gotten an older rescue dog, but I like to train her all the way. However, we had a lot of trouble getting her papers and I don’t know how many times my husband had to call, so I don’t think I’d ever go back to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. It was much easily arranged when we got our first dog, Maggie, at Shake a Paw.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My other dog passed away after his surgery and I looked for a whole year for a rescue, but I couldn't find anyone that fit my needs. I wanted a dog that was small, used to children, and hypoallergenic. I was used to going to Worldwide for my other dog's grooming, so I knew them. Also, I live around the corner and every day, I walk through and see the puppies there. The puppies look healthy and they are all cute. And the people there says hello and they're very nice. They are very friendly and they seem to know what they're talking about. They said that when I was ready, they had a puppy for me. When I was given this dog, it was love at first sight. My new puppy is wonderful and a lot more peppy. And he was almost trained when I got him. My experience going through Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was very good and I will tell my friends to go there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My kids wanted a pet and we went to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens after researching online. We felt more secure and comfortable with Worldwide after going there and having conversations with their staff. We were looking for a Great Dane and Worldwide had them. They showed us a couple of them and they had a blue one, which they were able to get for us. They were very informative and said that they were gonna get a puppy at a particular time frame. We got it a bit before then, which is awesome. We asked them to hold the puppy just for a day or two, which they did, and it was wonderful.

I went through the financing company that they use and the process for that was easy. I got approved, we gave the deposit, and that was it. Worldwide called me, followed up with the financing company and emailed me my booklets. The puppy's name is Spartacus and is 13 weeks old now. He is a Great Dane and a good dog. He is friendly and obedient. We had a small issue with him wherein he pees on the crate a lot, but he's okay now and is gonna get better. One of the trainers said that maybe he was in a crate before we had him, so the puppy is accustomed just going in their crate. I'm the one who has to walk to the dog at night, waking up in the middle of the night when he was urinating in the crate and cleaning that up. It has been tiresome, but I'm quite sure of the payoff at the end. Nevertheless, Worldwide was a great company to work with and I have recommended other people to them if they're looking for a pet.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I wanted a dog and purchased one from Worldwide Puppies over a year ago. The information provided to me about the dog was incorrect but that was also my fault. I should’ve done more research. But Worldwide informed me that the puppy wouldn’t grow any much more than it did and that definitely was not the case. I have a full-grown dog. She's 25 pounds and they said that she wouldn’t be more than about 10 pounds. They should know a little bit more about the breeds of the dogs and if they don’t, they should say they don't. Nevertheless, I love my dog. She's great as well.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My children wanted a new cat and I went with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens due to their proximity to where we lived at the time. We got a three month old Siamese cat with stripes and they gave me some information about it. Their staff was knowledgeable and the process was really smooth. I waited five minutes then took take care of my issues as far as financing. Their staff was able to go through the terms of the purchase and they did a good job on that.

However, the cat and the food that they included in the package were overpriced. The two bags of kitten food cost $200. The only offer that we had was a free initial visit. I also compared prices afterwards and I realized that I paid top-of-the-line for the cat breed. Worldwide would have more service if the prices were not as steep. Other than that, adding a new family member is good moral support for the kids and good comfort for my wife. Worldwide's process and everything around it was great.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I got a Westie from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for my mom as a gift. And while everyone there were very nice, very helpful and accommodating, I didn't like that you have to pay extra to get the papers. I even had to pay extra to transfer the ownership. I didn’t like how there were always so many extra things added on.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My dog passed away and I wanted a Scottish Fold kitten, and I got one from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He is about nine months old now and I love him. I'd recommend Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to others.

Original review: July 8, 2018

There's a Worldwide Puppies and Kittens which happens to be in our neighborhood. Their customer service was excellent and everything was amazing. However, they’re completely overpriced so I would not purchase there again. I found out I could have bought the same for a quarter of the price. Our cat also came home with a ringworm. Other than that, we got a wonderful, cute and adorable cat. We love her to death.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We got Mack, our Yellow Lab, from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He was three months then. My wife knew people who adopted from them and she went by their word.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I got a kitten from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. They helped me all the way in the process of choosing the kitten. It’s an Abyssinian and when I got him, he was about two months old. It was my wife’s pet. So she's happy with it. The kitten's a blessing.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We had a little Miniature Poodle who passed away at 7 due to diabetes, so we looked to replace him if possible with another Miniature Poodle just like him, if we found the right dog. We went to new places and we couldn’t find anything we like. Then we ended up at Worldwide Puppies. I like the fact that we got some individual time outside the bins and then if we were interested from that, Worldwide would give an individual room where they put us in it and get to interact with the dog in that setting. That was really good. Plus, the staff were very nice and helpful the whole time. They also had a coupon online for $100 off, so I took advantage of that. The puppy was jumping up and down, kissing us, and going crazy, so we had to take him. Now, we feel a lot happier and we’re very happy we got him. Poodles are very smart and adventurous, and our puppy is full of energy. We also have another dog that keeps her company so it’s a good deal.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information