4.84/5
  • 1 star
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

113 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was very frustrated trying to get a Russian Blue Kitten. One of my clients told me about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and I checked them out. Their breeder seemed trained and they had Russian Blues for 20 years. So I went to see them and their Russian Blues were priced about three or four times higher than the average. But I have a business where I can't have a cat that has any allergy capacities because I have a medico-personal training business and I have my animals roam around. Their reps went over all the papers with me properly and during the choosing process, I sat and played with the kittens in the room. I wanted a cat that was going to be little more like a lap-type cat and I have a tendency to pick the runt. It was hard to make a decision so the first time I sat with them, I had two or three.

I'm a medical professional and I felt that the cats I bought were a bit early to be away from the mom because both the kittens ended up in the hospital within a week. It cost a lot of money to take them to the emergency room. They were emotionally not that set up for a strange environment and their immune systems were very low. One kitten was only a pound and a half and the other kitten was only one pound. But there was nothing I could do. Also, neither eyes of my cats turned blue so I couldn't guarantee that they're 100% Russian Blues. I know these animals very well and they have a lot of the same character. But the the bottom line is a 100% Russian Blue will turn green eyes in about six months.

I love the animals and they're wonderful. I named my young girl, the first one I got, Lily, and my second one Leo. They lay with me and I took my first selfie yesterday with Leo. I have to get papers for him and I was ready to go over there and find out why I didn't get his breeding papers. I would like to talk to the breeder about the animals, too. No matter where you look on the Internet, you won't see anything higher than $1000, and I paid over $3000. That is a lot of money for a cat but I don't mind paying money. I just want to get what I paid for and be assured that it's 100% what it is.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We had intentions of looking for a Himalayan or a Ragdoll or a Siamese cat. But when I saw that the prices for the cats were so expensive at $1,900 for one, I decided to see what the dog options were. We saw a Golden Retriever but because we had a dog in the past and had to put her down, I decided to go with a breed that I always wanted and something to secure the house properly. So we got a Rottweiler from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and named him Zeus. He was born July 14th and he was three months when we got him. Puppies are a handful but it's not our first puppy, so we are accustomed to the housebreaking and crate training. We understand that it's a tedious process and we have to be on top of him. Also, in his 5th month, we're going to bring him to a trainer who will bore him for two weeks and teach him the proper training that we cannot offer. It will be worthwhile especially for his breed because he's aggressive.

However, I had a chance to look into the pedigree when I received the certificate from AKC. I looked into the reviews about the breeder where Zeus came from and a lot of people complained that it was a puppy mill. On the other hand, the person who assisted us with the acquisition was extremely knowledgeable in all the breeds and all the questions that we had regardless of what animal we were considering at that time. I’m extremely happy with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, and I would certainly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I was interested in a Ragdoll cat but there were none anywhere in Jersey where I live. So I traveled all the way to where Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is and purchased my cat there, the only Ragdoll at the store. His name is Max and he’s six months now. He's a bundle of joy and really chubby compared to other Ragdolls but he's a healthy boy. The customer service at Worldwide was really good. They helped me find a cat on the spot and they helped me with the payment. It was a good experience and I would recommend a lot of my friends to go to Worldwide if they would like to make the travel.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I got a beagle from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and it's been a great experience. They also gave us vet names on where to get her checked. I wasn't so happy with one vet that I went to though. The doctor was great, however, her assistant was very pushy. Since the puppy needed several shots, the next time I went to the vet, I told them I was only interested in what was provided through the Puppies & Kittens place. The way the assistant sneakily worded it made it sound like everything was included. Then all of a sudden I get this $300 bill. But I'm very happy that I went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, and I love my dog.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We have always wanted to have a dog but we're very busy people so a cat was better. I googled where we could buy a cat in New York and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens came up. They had a good amount of cats to pick from. We wanted a Scottish Fold because of the allergy level on them. There were a lot that were a little less allergenic than other cats. We were playing with a couple of cats but the one we got seemed to be the best. She was the youngest one there.

Being in the military, I was given a discount and I paid cash since I don't take loans. Those in Worldwide were very knowledgeable people and were great all around. They were happy to tell us everything about the animal and we could tell that they care about the type of facility they are, who’s coming in and who’s getting animals. It wasn't like they were just trying to get rid of the animals. Our cat's name is Snowflake because she's light and looks like a snowflake. She was born in March and she's almost eight months. I've had other cats, but she's amazing and we love her. It's a breath of fresh air when I come home at the end of the day. My life changed with her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I got two daughters who wanted a dog for a while and since I've had dogs when I was younger, I finally decided to do it. My daughters were looking at all the different places we'd go to and then they were set on the dog we picked from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. I paid the portal and everything was smooth in the process of choosing the puppy. The staff has been courteous and attentive, and the experience has been pleasant. Our puppy is a German Shepherd and he's a good boy and listens well. My daughter has great command on him, better than me. He's playful, over-energetic sometimes, gets along well with other dogs and goes to the dog park a lot. Since he came, I think I had another child. I work a lot and I'm there the least, so I wish I could get home more often and spend more time with him.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I got a kitten from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens a couple of years ago. We thought of getting a puppy there, too, because I loved the cats. He’s a Bullmastiff. Worldwide Puppies & Kittens went over things with us and were very thorough through everything - the process, the paperwork, and how to take care of the puppy. I'm very happy. It’s a clean place and they have nice people. The animals they have are healthy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We bought a Russian Blue kitten from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens because we were looking for this specific breed. We walked into the store and it was clean. My wife then started looking at all the different kittens. She found a couple that she liked, so they set us up in the little playpen they had. They gave us as much time as we needed and they answered any questions my wife had. When we decided we would like to purchase a kitten, they walked us basically through everything, all the paperworks and setting up the first vet appointment. They made it really, really easy.

We were very happy with the store, the salespeople, and the fact that the vets were covering for the first year. When we wanted a second cat to keep it company, we came back to get a second cat. The animals we got were healthy. Both cats, both the male and the female we got, have been the most affectionate cats we've ever seen. They like to just sit on your lap or on your shoulder.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My daughter was interested in getting a puppy for the longest time. I went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens to see what different breeds they had. I wasn't expecting to buy a puppy when I went in there. They had a breed that my daughter was interested in getting, a Shih Tzu and they have two of them. When we took a look at them, they were adorable. They were a brother and a sister. The brother was aggressive in my perspective so I decided to go with the one that I thought was a little calmer, which is a great choice. We picked her up and looked her over, and she seemed peaceful. She's a white and gold Shih Tzu. We named it Broadway. She's playful but extremely well-behaved and she's a perfect addition to the family.

It's like having another baby in the house because we got to give her vitamins. Then we went to take her to the vet. We just got to be mindful that when we leave the house, we want to come home at a decent time so we get to spend time with her. We also got her groomed for the first time today. I called Worldwide back to ask some questions at their encouragement and they were very helpful. They gave us good advice in terms of making sure that we don't exhaust her because she's a puppy and making sure that what you do when she makes mistakes, pees or poops outside of her Wee Wee pad, how to handle that and to train her to go with the Wee Wee pad. I highly recommend the store and if I were to buy another puppy, Worldwide would be the first place I go to.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have some friends who were telling me about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens so I got a Lancashire sub-breed poodle from them. He's name is Benjie, he's 14 years old now and he's given me a lot of responsibility. I love Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. They have very nice people and they take care of my dog. He's so happy when I take him to them but when I used to take him to some other place, he comes out very sad.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I love the dog that I got from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. He's great but I didn't get some paper or any of the paperwork for his mother and father. He also had worms and they sent me to some vet who was terrible. Plus, I paid $2,300 for the dog but the amount stated in the receipt when I checked it was $2,780 after tax. I gave them cash that day and they couldn't even throw in a free leash or collar. I didn't like their people or their service and I would never advise anyone to go there.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I got a new apartment and they only allowed a cat, so I got a Siamese cat from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. I used to live in East Meadow and Worldwide was the closest location. I and my boyfriend went there and chose the youngest cat. We wanted to start raising it from a younger age rather than getting an older cat. We got the cat on August 30th. It was actually our second time going there. We visited the store months before just to give us a heads up on how the process works as far as getting a cat and everyone was pretty helpful. The reps were great.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I wanted a little companion because I moved away and my family wasn't close by. Other pet stores didn’t have puppies and another pet store that’s actually close to the home was a puppy mill, so I was not going to buy from them. We have a lot of friends that actually bought really sick dogs after spending thousands of dollars from them and dogs that have unfortunately passed away. And then, with the breeders, I personally felt they were way too picky on the people they wanted to give dogs to. So I went with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and the puppy that I got from them is a teacup Yorkshire Terrier. I went to their office and she was the last one they have.

She's healthy, tiny, quiet, likes to play, doesn’t bark that much and is sweet with other dogs and people. She's also an eater. I just fed her and she’s looking for more. It’s good for training. Also, if she really wants something, she’s determined to get it. She’ll actually follow what I say. Since having her, I'm so much happier. I like Worldwide Puppies & Kittens a lot. They were really great. They were personable, knowledgeable and easy going. They also gave me a discount with her. It was overall a really good experience. I’d do it again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I went to a company called Shake A Paw and I saw that dogs were neglected and that was a bad store. We went to another puppy store in Merrick Ave. to look at a dog that was already six months old but they were giving it away cheaply because it was already too big to give as a puppy and it didn't work out. My brother-in-law lives down the block from Worldwide Puppies. The place was fine and clean and the people were very nice. They had the dog that my son saw online. It's a Bernese Mountain dog which looks like a huge teddy bear. We walked in and the lady asked if they could help us. I already saw the dog in one of their playpens and I told her that I’d like to look at it. She took it out and had my three kids go in the room and play with it. They got along then I played with it and we got it.

I don't have any problem with the dog and the company but right now, I'm having a problem with the bank that Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had me use. They originally told me that the dog was $3,500. We're financing it and I was told that I can use 0% financing for six months. I told them it’s fine and I’m going to pay it off before six months. She said I’ll get paperwork from the bank in three weeks. The bank called me three different times telling me the paperwork is wrong. They had three different account numbers which weren't from the pet store. The bank that they were using screwed everything up. Nonetheless, Worldwide Puppies & Kittens told me they're going to fix it. So far, life has been great because the dog is a great companion and does everything. It's like having another baby in the house.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I got a new puppy for my three-year-old granddaughter. We went online, looked up a few stores and walked into one store but she doesn’t want any puppy there. It so happens that the puppy that she wanted was in Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and we bought it there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

We wanted a dog and we just happened to stumble upon Worldwide Puppies & Kittens while driving through. They had two Maltese and we had to choose between them. There's a baby one and the older one. The people at Worldwide were extremely nice and amazing, unlike in the other places that we went to. They let my kids play with both puppies to see which one they want. In the end, we chose the older Maltese because we didn't want the responsibility of raising a six weeks old puppy. We also wanted a male dog.

After we picked the six-month-old Maltese, we went out to get lunch. He was ready when we went back. The people at Worldwide asked us to buy the packet but they didn't push us. We just took the basic stuff that we needed. Since adding a new family member, a lot has changed. Every time you go out, you had to have somebody to babysit the dog and it is expensive. It’s not what I expected, but it’s getting better. It makes my kids happy, so it's all worth it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I've always wanted a Golden Retriever but I never had them because they were hard to find for a decent price. Mostly because of Worldwide Puppies & Kittens' pricing, I got a three-month-old Golden Retriever from them. I named him Hunter and though it's tiring because he's a little playful sometimes, everything's been good for the most part. Overall, it has been a good experience with Worldwide. The girls were friendly and they made it easier to help me get what I’m going for.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My son and daughter had been wanting a puppy for a long time. Since we moved to a bigger space, we thought that getting a dog would be nice. Someone told us that purchasing a dog from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is good. They bought a dog over there so we checked it out. We saw a Cocker Spaniel and then we really liked him. The helpful people working there were very kind to both of us and the puppy.

Our purchase comes with a collar and a DVD on how to treat the puppy. They also gave us a lot of papers. The puppy is very playful. He always runs around the grass and doesn't get tired. When you don't give him enough food, he tosses his bowl around until you give him more food. Overall, it was enjoyable. You also get to experience every dog to see which one is the perfect for you. When our puppy grows up, we'll get a new one from Worldwide Puppies.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I used to work at a restaurant in Seaford, near Worldwide Puppies in Bellmore. I would deliver food for the people at Worldwide Puppies at that time. I saw Ellie and thought I'd go back after my shift one day. I always wanted a puppy as a kid. Recently, my grandfather passed away, so when I was still living with my grandma and my mom, I thought it would be a good idea to get a puppy to help us feel a little better and hold those tears for my grandmother mostly.

I called Worldwide Puppies first and told the employee that I was looking for a puppy that had a little bit of high energy. One that was a little easier to train and not really grows too big. All the employees were fantastic. They were all kind and helpful. They explained everything that I needed to know. The details were clear, especially since this was my first experience with purchasing an animal. I could tell the employees cared about what they were doing, and they had a great attention to detail. They helped me to find a puppy that would match my living situation. The apartment that I moved into was a decent size. I wanted a smaller dog that if I were to get another dog later in the future, they'd get along easy. When I got there, Ellie was already playing, running around, sprinting, and with the tufts of hair, I fell in love. She's good around other dogs and she's not intimidating or aggressive.

Ellie is my first puppy and she's great. I named her after Eleanor Roosevelt. She costs around $2,000 overall, and I financed her. I pay $133 every 10th of the month. It’s going to be plus interest if I keep paying the minimum. Ellie is easy to train. She's six months old now and she's been very good. She's a little Beagle-Bichon mix. She has little maroon tufts of hair in the bottom of her eyes that curls around which attracted me to her. It's cute.

She makes my mother a lot happier especially since I'm 21 and the only son. She's her little baby. Ellie loves me and she's attached to the hip. I work at a hospital and I sometimes come home a little upset and losing patience. And then Ellie comes running through the door all excited even when she looked peeved but she’s happy to see us. She's a little loaf of bread too. When we're sleeping at night, she curls up into a little ball like a little monkey. Overall, Worldwide Puppies is great and I love them. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have been wanting a puppy for some time now, and Worldwide was the name given by a friend of mine who lives in the area. I walked around the store, saw a puppy that I was interested in, and they allowed me to spend some time and interact with the puppy. I got a Cavachon, and he’s the best. It’s a lot of responsibility though. It’s pretty much taking care of something else besides myself day-to-day. But nonetheless, I had the best experience with Worldwide.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I had a cat with my girlfriend but we broke up and she took the cat with her. After that, I really wanted a cat. We had talked about Bengal cats before but I knew that it was going to be hard to find them and they were expensive. I was looking around with my sister and she Googled pet places and found Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I called and it sounded like they had a very good selection. They were my best option and I definitely think I made the right choice. When I found out that they had a Bengal cat and it was zero down financing, I jumped on the opportunity.

Choosing the cat was quick because I already knew that I wanted a male Bengal. When I went to the cages, I knew that I wanted the one that I ended up naming Blizzard because he’s a Snow Bengal. He’s eight months old now and likes to play a lot and he’s really energetic. Most of the time, he’s running around, jumping up on things, climbing stuff and he’s always around me. He’s my little buddy and he keeps me company. Since having Blizzard, it's been a lot of fun although he likes to get into mishaps. He's a lot of work but it's worth it. I’ve recommended Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to a couple of people.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have a Beagle at home from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and she’s great and I went back for a second dog. I got an English Bulldog. He was home for a day then we had to take him to the hospital because he had pneumonia and couldn’t breathe. We got him home the week after. He got pneumonia a day later again and took him back to the hospital. Then, the third time, it’s the same thing. He’d relapse with pneumonia.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens wanted to switch the puppy. I got a new English Bulldog but he got sick after four days. He went to the hospital and died of canine virus illness. I decided not to get an English Bulldog this time and get a German Shepherd. I’m waiting for that dog to come in so I can take a look at him. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens has been really good and handled me very nicely.

The manager and one of the workers there were fantastic. They were very helpful even with all these still going on. They were really sweet about it and have been in constant contact with me. Even with a crappy situation, they’ve handled themselves well. They’ve been awesome and the customer service there is great. Their kennel is very fine and I just had a little bad luck. The puppies just had something brewing and we didn’t know.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I pass Worldwide Puppies and Kittens all the time and I've heard good things about it. I went in and their reps were very helpful. They put us in a room with a couple of different kittens that we liked. I left and then came back and got my kitten. It was a birthday gift and she's wonderful. She's a seven-month-old Silver Tabby Exotic Shorthair, and her name is Bellarmine. It was a fabulous experience. Everyone was very accommodating and they remembered me when I came back, which was nice.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I wanted another puppy and I was looking for a Bichon. And Worldwide Puppies & Kittens were the only ones that had a Bichon. They have a couple of them. Their reps were very helpful and they didn’t rush me. They made sure that’s exactly the puppy I wanted. They gave me a bag of food, which was helpful for the first day and some kind of a Nutri-Cal that I had to add. I paid for the puppy but I also took advantage of their free shots from the vet as well as their grooming specials. They groom what should be groomed and they did a very good job. They were very thorough and they’re always very pleasant. My Bichon, Mikey, is coming along nicely and he’s very playful.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I promised my granddaughter a poodle. I saw Worldwide Puppies and Kittens on a street and I stopped because I was going through and it’s near my house. And I got a Shih Tzu from them. His name is Fluffy. He’s a good puppy and he turned one on June 21st of this year. I live in a community complex and I can only have a small puppy. Everybody in the neighborhood loves him. He’s into everything. He doesn’t eat any of my shoes. He doesn’t get into anything unless it’s paper and shoelaces, and we have that.

When I went in, there was one dog that everyone loves and pets in the window. But I didn’t want that dog. I saw Fluffy and he didn’t bark at all. He sat down and ran around the cage. He’s adorable and tame. He hasn't barked except two times since I’ve had him. He’s the best puppy ever. We keep him clean, smooth, and well. We had the license and the chip when we purchased him. We took advantage of the financing for the shots or inoculations. Worldwide assisted us with that three times and for the different treats that they offered when I came over. But they don’t sell treats anymore, so I have to get other things for the dog. They were very good but there’s one girl in particular that stood out. She would always assist me and she knew my name. I had no problems with the place and they were attentive. It was an awesome experience. I would recommend them but only when anyone likes dogs.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We wanted an addition to the family and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was close to home to travel. We visited a lot. They're very friendly and they use a kind of free rule to see the puppies that are available. I asked questions about them too. I liked having the one-on-one time with the puppy in the play area to see if it’s the right match for me. In the end, we got a Yorkshire Terrier Teacup puppy and I named her Impala. There was also great follow-up after we've come home with the new puppy. They made themselves readily available to answer any questions or concerns that we may have. Our entire experience was great!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I wanted a new dog, and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens were really close to my house. I got a male Yorkie and paid cash for him. I wasn't sure what I wanted at first, but the girls there were very helpful. They have really good and professional staff that try to help you find the perfect fit for your family. They're very clean, too. I'm very satisfied with my experience at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. My life has changed in a good way since having my Yorkie.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I needed a hypoallergenic dog then I got a Goldendoodle from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Her name's Zoey Bay and she is seven months old. It's great since having her in the family. And even after I have the dog, I could call Worldwide Puppies & Kittens anytime I have a question and they'd answer. They're very helpful.

Original review: June 19, 2017

We have a dog at home now but we just decided to expand the family because sometimes he's lonely. So we felt bad, so we were like, “Let's just get him a friend.” We went to Shake A Paw, but nobody was really helping, so we just left. We saw Worldwide Puppies & Kittens as we were just driving by, and just stopped in there.

We were supposed to get a big dog but we ended up getting a Yorkie instead. They had a bunch of Yorkies. At first, they showed us a couple of older ones, but then we just decided maybe to go younger. Then they showed some of other breeds too like Shih Tzus. Those were really cute too but I don’t really like those. So we ended up picking out this Yorkie named him Toby. He was like only five months of age. We wanted to go younger but his personality was great. He was jumping up on us, but when he held him, he was all calm. He just had such a good personality. It was like you can't say no to him.

He seemed very familiar with other dogs. We have a cat at home too and he's getting along great with it. Maybe he was just used to being handled himself. We went for a couple of shots and everything’s doing well as far as the vitamins. The training is going really good too. He literally goes with us everywhere now. He's playful but he loves to sleep. He's really healthy and I think that’s the only thing that has me so happy right now. The guys at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens told us how he would be like as far as characteristics and they're pretty much fully correct on how he is. They did really great. They showed us everything, assisted us fine and I didn’t feel awkward unlike when I was at Shake A Paw. It was an overall great experience. I'd love to go back if I ever need another dog. My brother’s actually gonna be going to get a dog from them.

No response received
Original review: June 18, 2017

The kids wanted to get pets. We were trying to find a pet that is not very known and is not common just like any other pets. I went to adoption centers and to Worldwide looking for an Abyssinian breed and we got two kittens from Worldwide. The boy is Noah and the girl is Chloe. Their staff was nice and everything went well but, on the other hand, I told their rep beforehand that I wanted the kittens to be of the same age. She told me they were two weeks apart, which I thought is not much of a difference, but the other one looked much bigger than the other one. Noah was much smaller than Chloe. The price depends on the age -- the older they get, the less expensive it is -- but she charged me both for the price of the small one which I thought was not fair for their age. I still feel discouraged about it.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information