It's that easy Request Information
4.53/5

Bellmore, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

199 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 12, 2019

My cat just died so I decided to get a new kitten. I looked at where I can get kittens. I'm in Long Island and in other places far from where I am, they didn’t have stock in store and there are no prices when you walk-in. You have to choose a cat, then they tell you the price. On the other hand, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was the closest location for me, so I went to look. They had very good service. The store was closing when I arrived. You choose a kitten after they offer it and at the room, we play with each kitten after I look at another. I got a Himalayan, it’s Persian and Siamese mix. He is a precious kitten. I love him, it was just expensive. Despite that, I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens have good pets but I had a problem with them. I wanted a new cat and I got a cat from them. I've fallen in love with the cat but it got really sick and they had to write it up as not fit for sale. I had to pick another one because they wouldn’t give me my money back because it was past the 14 days. My eight year old son was heartbroken that we lost the first cat and it’s annoying that the second cat got ringworm. We had to bring him to the vet and I had to give him antibiotics medicine all over his body. Then my son got a ringworm, too. It’s just ridiculous. I still have the cat and we love it. It’s just not fair that it doesn’t matter that you pay the vet’s admission fee. I should have gotten some kind of compensation for having a sick cat or a partial refund dealing with that. You shouldn’t get a sick cat especially if you're paying almost $3,000 for it. I got a cat off the street and I took care of it, and it was never sick like that. I’m very upset.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We wanted a puppy and we heard about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. They had a great name, so we went in and got one. The people there were very informative and they did well. They told us a little about the dog, what kind it was and things to get him in shape, and we decided to get him. We had a beagle and I got to keep him for almost three weeks. However, I found out I had severe allergies through the dog, so I had to give him up. Still, it was a good experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I would recommend them to somebody else.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I had a puppy and I wanted to have another one. I was driving past Worldwide, stopped and found that the pricing was right. They put in the puppies in a room with me, one at a time, and it was easy to choose which one to get. I did the financing thereafter with United Consumer. It was a very good experience that we had with Worldwide. Now, my Mini Schnauzer is seven months old and we love her. It's great having her as a new member of our family.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I got a cute little beautiful Corgi from Worldwide Puppies. Our friend told us about them. One of the puppies' paws got stuck in the cage and they were like ripping it out. I felt bad. But I was able to pick my dog on my own. Once I've sat with him in the room I had to get him. I love my dog.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It’s weird getting a dog in a puppy store but as far as puppy stores go, Worldwide was fine. I have no idea where they got their dogs from. But the people there were very good and responsive. I liked them. I got a Maltese and I could see they were treating him well under the circumstances. He was sort of trained to bring things back. I guess they took him out and played with him a lot. They said he had been locked up there for about seven months and nobody bought him. Nobody wanted him. I had been going back almost everyday for a week to play with him. He was terrific and after a week, I bought him.

It’s politically incorrect in New York to tell people to go to a puppy store and buy stuff. But I wouldn’t discourage them. If someone was looking for a dog through a store environment for whatever their reasons are, I would tell them to check this place out. Having a dog is also a commitment that we had long since removed from our lives because one of our dogs died three years ago. So we were sort of getting re-acclimated to that schedule. But we're not getting rid of him. He's 10 months old now and we love him. He’s fun and hilarious.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had been pushing my husband for two years to get a pet and I finally broke him. At first, I was trying to rescue but a lot of the rescues would deny us for an application just because I have a young son. So I went with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We got a beagle who was on sale and the process was good. We went in the store and they helped us. However, they told me he wasn’t from a puppy mill but when I looked up his breeder, it turned out that it is a puppy mill. They’ve been written up quite a few times too. I had even asked Worldwide multiple times because I was a manager at a rescue. I know what puppy mills are like because we would take and rescue from there. Our beagle has digestive issues but he’s also a puppy. He is seven months old now. So he probably eats stuff that is not good. Nonetheless, he's affected our life positively.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I used to have an English Bulldog that passed away six years ago. It was about time for me to get another one. I looked it up online and looked for the closest places that were selling puppies. I went with Worldwide and then saw how everything was. I asked where the French Bulldog was at, and they showed me. I spotted her right away. Anytime I called Worldwide, they helped out as far as giving me information to the things that I needed. Vanessa, my puppy, will be 11 months on the 21st already. Having her has been positive.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got a Yorkie from Worldwide on impulse. I wasn’t expecting to take him home but we did. And he has affected our life in the most positive way ever. I love him. I was going through something too and he made it better. I usually like to go and look at the dogs but when I was with my sisters, they told me to take the dog out. My little sister saw him and we fell in love with him as soon as we got him. All my family likes Yorkies. That’s all we’re familiar with so we just decided to go with it. Partially, I was also okay with that because I already had a Yorkie. The process of choosing him was easy and then I financed him. I also purchased my first dog at Worldwide and I have familiarity with them. I've already recommended them too. When I took the Yorkie out, people were asking me where I got him.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I got a German Shepherd pup from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He was the only German Shepherd they had and that was what I was looking for. They put me in the room with the dog and that was it. But we were supposed to get all kinds of papers about the registration and the breeder in 90 days and it’s way over 90 days now. I still hadn’t gotten anything. I wanted to know the breeder because I’d like to call them up and see what the father and the mother were. Maybe they could send me pictures also. But every time I called, Worldwide Puppies was very non-descriptive of that. It was like they really didn't wanna bother talking to me and it was like I was wasting their time.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have two dogs and wanted another. We looked into a couple of other locations, and Worldwide had a 4.5-star rating of their puppies on their website. They had tons of selections, but I was looking for one type, a Cocker Spaniel. Choosing the puppy we got was a good experience. He is a happy dog and he loves to play. My daughter is in love.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My girlfriend was looking online. She saw the ratings, and Worldwide was what we chose. I got a Rottweiler that is now about six months old. Choosing the puppy was fun, and the reps there were very hands-on. I also took advantage of their special offer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We ran into the puppy store of Worldwide Puppies. My sister loves the puppies and I decided I’ll take one of the puppies. I live on the base, and there’s some procedures that I have to go through. I can’t just take the pup. I signed incorrect papers and I asked them was it okay for me to reconsider even though I’ve signed these papers that weren’t the right ones. The lady there was like, “Oh, they can’t take it back.” I said, “But I haven't even signed the correct papers yet.” She said they still couldn’t do that. And then she gave me the correct papers to sign.

They could’ve been like, “Okay, we’ll give you enough time for you to reconsider, whatever the case might’ve been.” But she wasn’t having it. I’ll still take the puppy either way, but it would've been best for me to look in my procedures and my living arrangements first on the base, and then, okay, I’ll be able to adopt the pup. I signed because I didn’t have time to deal with it back and forth. The overall process was not fine. But my Teacup Yorkie is in a decent shape when I got it. He was very energetic. So I like the pups. The people I didn’t.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We had lost our prior dog, so we replaced the one we had. We’ve been to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens before and we bought from them in the past. We had no problems with the last dog we got so we chose to go back there. We knew the type of dog we were looking for from internet research, and then they happened to have one that my wife fell in love with. At the point once we realized that we like the puppy, they were very effective in making sure we got what we wanted and did what we needed. We got a four months old mini goldendoodle puppy and we paid cash. We have 3 dogs now and we’re happy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My neighbor recently purchased a Rottweiler, and I really wanted a dog, so I asked him where he got it from and he gave me Worldwide Puppies & Kittens' address. They denied me to buy a puppy, at first. So, I was going to another store and then they called me back saying that I was approved, and I could pick any puppy within my range. So, I decided to a Golden Retriever puppy. Their staff was pretty nice. They were very helpful and polite. The process went very easily and smoothly. But when I asked them about where should I go and do my payments, and they would just tell me that the information is in the packet. I had to find it on my own. It was difficult because I didn't know which website or company to pay my bills for. So, I had to call multiple companies to see if I could pay my bill through them and they would tell that I have to call a certain company. I would call that company and they would tell me that that’s not where I could pay it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We bought a puppy from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens for the kids for Christmas. The kids were gonna get a Brittany Spaniel and we saw that Worldwide Puppies & Kittens had them available over there, but then when we saw and liked the Mini Aussie that was there, we chose him. Picking the puppy was a really good experience. Everything was clean at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. They were really helpful and nice. They explained everything to us. They explained the credit, but we just paid it off because it was cheaper that way. We also took advantage of the vet which was included with the purchase of the dog. Their attention was really good too. They called us to see if the puppy was okay. Everything has been awesome with the puppy and we love him.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I wanted a kitten and I shopped around a few places in my area. I live in Queens Village and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was the closest store that sell kittens, so I went with them. My experience with them was very good. In other places, they were a little on the edge about you playing with the kitten or trying to interact with them. But at Worldwide, they were pretty nice and they let you interact with the kitten before you purchase it. The one I got was in good health when I bought him and Worldwide also sent me to a vet to whom they gave me some credit with. So for the first couple of visits, I didn’t have to pay. For example, when it was time to neuter the kitten because it was so young when I got it, that was already paid for. Aside from that, to me, Worldwide's reps were very educated on all their animals and their service was perfect. Go ahead and get anything you like at the store because they’re the best.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a good place. There was some problem with the dates on the medical form where it didn't show the exact dates. For example, the form said that the shots were good from 11/1 to 11/1, even though it was for the year. But besides that, my experience was all good. The reps were good and they were very smooth. Everything was normal with my Mini Goldendoodle when I got her.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I got a little Persian kitten from Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. Their reps were very nice and helpful. They had me hold the kitten first, and then when they asked me if I wanted to adopt her, I said, “Yes.” And then they gave me some paperwork. They took her in the back to go clean her up and get her ready and then they had me fill out paperwork. I financed her, so I had to fill out some paperwork, and then they had to call someone to verify everything, and then it went through. They also told me about a package I could get, so I got all the supply for her, and I took her home. I still go back there to buy food for my kitten because they the have the specific food that she likes, and they always give me the food that I need.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We brought our little man Poseidon home back in March. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave us plenty of time to play with our new family member before we decided he was the right fit for us. I’ve been back to visit and play with other pups since then. I always feel welcome, even though the staff knows I just came to play, and already have a house full of dogs, and can’t take in any more right now. The store is clean, and the animals are always energetic. I’ve never seen more than one or two pups napping at any given time. In other pet stores, all of the animals are sleeping. Makes you wonder!! Thanks for helping me find me sweet Poseidon!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We were passing by Sunrise Highway and we saw the Worldwide Puppies & Kittens store. We came in and looked it up, and we liked the way they had the dogs, so we decided to get the dog from there. They showed us three of the dogs, then they put us in a room with the dog, so we can play with him. After everything, we decided to get one, and he was excellent. Our life has been amazing since we got the dog.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have three animals that I got spontaneously from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I went in and ended up buying them. I got two kittens and a dog, and all of them were really great. Everyone there was great, too. So, I went back and got two more animals after getting the first one. I went there just to look around and pet the animals and then I saw my dream dog I’ve always wanted. So, there was really no leaving without him.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We have a two-year-old Weimaraner that's pretty high anxiety. We have a vet down at South Carolina who suggested that another dog might go ahead and take away some of the Weimaraner's anxiety. We wound up at a place on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore. We walked in and saw a golden retriever puppy. We financed through Worldwide and we walked out with the puppy. The experience of buying the dog was a good experience. The puppy's name is Cooper and has a really great temperament and good with the Weimaraner who is Ava. And the Weimaraner is kind of nurturing to Cooper. Cooper is the puppy that wants to play, and because the Weimaraner has all the anxiety and high strung, they get along great. Having Cooper is like another family member and everybody is happy. The kids are really excited about it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We got our first kitten from Worldwide Puppies, then we wanted to get him a brother and since we were happy the first time, we went there a second time. The people that worked there were extremely friendly. They let us play with any kitten we wanted, they had extensive knowledge of each breed and they also helped us find a vet with no problem. We got a few discounts at the vet, so that was extremely helpful. We got a Bengal and named him Loki. It was a little bit out of my budget, but because they really knew what they were talking about, I felt very comfortable with them, and I felt that it would be a good investment for me. It was all around a great experience, I’d definitely go back to them again if I can afford another cat. Everything that came with them, the package, how they assisted, the payment plan, follow-up, has just been great.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We got two Maine Coon kittens from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens almost six years ago and we liked the place. We went to their store and told them that we were interested in Bengals and asked if they have any. They said yes and took us in a little room. They brought in four of them, we eliminated two, and I fell in love with my Jake. He's four months old and I love his energy. He’s very cuddly, loving, and always purring really loud. We have taken the kittens to the vet and they are up-to-date now with their shots. Next month, we plan on having them neutered.

Worldwide told us the kittens were high-energy. They helped us with the food and in making the decision. They also gave us a 10% discount since we had gotten kittens from them before and put it on the credit card. The people that work there were wonderful, helpful and extremely nice. I recommend the place to others if they are looking for a puppy or a kitten.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have animals with my family, but I was moving out and so I wanted my own. I was interested in getting a British Longhair and I knew that Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has that type of cat on their Instagram, so I went to them. It was super simple to find my kitten. It took less than an hour and the people there were really patient with me. It's been pretty great since I got Winston. He's just super cute and he's almost seven months now. Worldwide did a really good job.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a good place to get a cat from. I was looking for a Russian Blue and Worldwide seems to be the only one in the vicinity of 25 miles of where I live. I had a good experience with them. They brought out several cats of the breed I was looking for, and I picked one of them. They answered questions that I had. I wanted to make sure that it was a hypo-allergenic cat and it doesn’t shed a lot, and it seemed to be. Also, I wanted to make sure that the cat plays well with the dog, and they said it did. I made the right decision.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have a 2-year-old Maltese. He's by himself sometimes and so I figured that I'd get him a brother. I've been eyeing Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for a while then and when was driving by at Sunrise, I decided I'll stop there and see what they have. I fell in love with a brown and white Shih Tzu puppy and he's my puppy now. I named him Jordan Michael and he's so cute. He's not a big barker and he plays with my other dog. If I call him, he comes over. He's such a good dog and I love him.

The reps from Worldwide, Danielle and Vanessa made things go smoothly. They were very honest with me and they told me what needs to be done as far as the payments go, what to expect when I pick up the dog, when to go see a doctor and about the first couple of days after getting the puppy. It was a really great experience. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is really good and I would recommend anyone to go there. Go check it out because it seemed like one day you see one puppy, the next day it’s gone. Grab the dog when you can.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My daughters found Worldwide Puppies & Kittens online. I wanted to get a golden retriever ‘cause we had a golden retriever before, and that’s a great dog. The puppy we bought is wonderful. We got her when she was about six months old. Her name is Callie and she got a great temperament. She’s friendly, smart and playful. I love her. She’s been fantastic. My wife passed away, so with the new puppy, I got a companion. When I go home, she’s really happy to see me. And I take her out all the time.

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was great and I like them. They even called a couple of days later to make sure Callie was okay and she was getting along with us. They were very helpful. We had a bunch of questions that we asked and they were more than happy to help us out. I was gonna pay for it, but I said why not take advantage of the financing. It was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was looking for a Shih Tzu because I had Shih Tzus in the past and I like them. They're smart, very lovable and child-friendly. My wife wanted something else, but she doesn’t know dogs at all. I said I didn’t want a dog that had hair. I wanted a furry dog that doesn’t shed. I wanted a female dog so it’s easier outside and a lot of different things.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was by my house, not far and we stopped there at about 7:00. I didn’t know if they had any or not. The one we saw looked just like one of the ones I had before, and she was very energetic and lively and had a great personality. We knew that was it. She was a little over five months at the time. We named her Samantha. During the process of choosing her, we didn't have to do much. They just said they’d give me the dog. But they were good because they put us in a room and they put the dog in there. They didn’t high-pressure us at all. We played with her for about 40 minutes before we made a decision. Then I paid for it. Samantha has made me happy ‘cause somebody likes me unconditionally. I’m surprised my wife loves her and she cooks for her, but I didn’t want her to give her human food. She already did though, but my wife only cooks healthy and no salt foods. And it’s good. My kids like Samantha as well.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information