It's that easy Request Information
4.56/5
Based on 71 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bellmore, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

162 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I got a Westie from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens for my mom as a gift. And while everyone there were very nice, very helpful and accommodating, I didn't like that you have to pay extra to get the papers. I even had to pay extra to transfer the ownership. I didn’t like how there were always so many extra things added on.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 12, 2018

My dog passed away and I wanted a Scottish Fold kitten, and I got one from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He is about nine months old now and I love him. I'd recommend Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to others.

Original review: July 8, 2018

There's a Worldwide Puppies and Kittens which happens to be in our neighborhood. Their customer service was excellent and everything was amazing. However, they’re completely overpriced so I would not purchase there again. I found out I could have bought the same for a quarter of the price. Our cat also came home with a ringworm. Other than that, we got a wonderful, cute and adorable cat. We love her to death.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We got Mack, our Yellow Lab, from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. He was three months then. My wife knew people who adopted from them and she went by their word.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I got a kitten from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. They helped me all the way in the process of choosing the kitten. It’s an Abyssinian and when I got him, he was about two months old. It was my wife’s pet. So she's happy with it. The kitten's a blessing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: July 2, 2018

We had a little Miniature Poodle who passed away at 7 due to diabetes, so we looked to replace him if possible with another Miniature Poodle just like him, if we found the right dog. We went to new places and we couldn’t find anything we like. Then we ended up at Worldwide Puppies. I like the fact that we got some individual time outside the bins and then if we were interested from that, Worldwide would give an individual room where they put us in it and get to interact with the dog in that setting. That was really good. Plus, the staff were very nice and helpful the whole time. They also had a coupon online for $100 off, so I took advantage of that. The puppy was jumping up and down, kissing us, and going crazy, so we had to take him. Now, we feel a lot happier and we’re very happy we got him. Poodles are very smart and adventurous, and our puppy is full of energy. We also have another dog that keeps her company so it’s a good deal.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My boyfriend decided to get a puppy and did some research. He knew what kind of dog he wanted and Worldwide was the only location that had a puppy that he wanted. Plus, they were very friendly. He picked the one he liked the most and bought a French Bulldog, which is four months old now. Taking care of our dog is a bit stressful but beyond that, it’s worth it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I got a puppy because my husband had passed away and I always had a puppy before. We wanted to adopt but all the puppies were big dogs, so we looked in several places and Worldwide had the best pick of the litter. They had a lot of different ones and we were happy with what they had in the store. The rep was very friendly, informative and helpful. We ended up getting a Cavalier Shih-Tzu which was three months at the time of purchase. Her name is Lady and she's a cutie. She brings a lot of happiness and we're very excited with her. It's been a great experience even when I went to the vet. Everything was covered and there were no hidden agendas which was a pleasure.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Me and my little brother wanted a small puppy and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was the closest pet store to me. They let us see a whole bunch of different dogs and we got the Frenchie. While they gave me a couple of details, they didn’t tell how many shots I was gonna have to pay after. They only told me I had to pay for a couple of them. They basically told me all I had to do was get the fecal analysis and I only had to pay for that, but I later found out that I have to pay for way more.

They also told me that I had to do a leasing program with the first couple of payments and then I could pay off the puppy when I want to after that. They explained it pretty good. Our puppy is five months now and we named her Angelica. She doesn’t like being by herself at all and I'm just getting used to her. But I enjoy it. Other than that, everyone was nice at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My daughter wanted a little kitten since my grandbaby wanted one. My daughter searched for a source somewhere in New York and we went to different places. What the people at those places told her wasn't what they had told her through the interview on the phone with whomever she spoke to. So, she researched more and we took a chance and went over to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. When we first walked into the place, my daughter and I noticed that all the animals were happy, barking, jumping and playing. So it seemed to us that they got a lot of love and attention.

We got a Russian Blue kitten from them because she was allergic to cats and we found out that Russian Blues throw less hair. Since then, I see the kitten once a week and he has been doing great. He has grown a little bit and he's been really friendly. I think he's getting to know the family and he goes upstairs and downstairs. However, my husband said that last week my daughter had to take him to the vet because he was a little sick. He was throwing up and had diarrhea. According to the vet, the kitten had come sick from the place where we bought him with a virus, so they gave it antibiotics. Nevertheless, the people at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens were polite. They were really nice and proper.

Original review: June 8, 2018

For few months my daughter persisted on getting a puppy. I went to Worldwide Puppies & Kittens because I wanted a specific breed and I thought that it would be easier for me to go through a pet store instead of a breeder. I got my daughter a Cockalier and named her Evie. She is five months now. When I went to the store I specifically asked for a King Charles Cavalier. The person who helped me told me she didn’t have them in stock but she did have one that was mixed with a Cocker Spaniel. I saw her and they put me in the little room with her. I found her to be super cute so I just went for it. The girl who assisted me was amazing. She was transparent and very thorough. She also didn’t make me feel like I was asking a stupid question and she was able to answer all my questions. I have to put a deposit of one-half for the puppy and I just decided to finance the other half.

It has been a little more stressful since I get the short-end of the stick mainly because I have to buy everything and I have to put order. But with my daughter, it has had a very positive impact in her life. She looks forward to coming home every day to Evie and she spends a lot of time with her and it’s been good. I’d definitely recommend Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. They’re a small pet store with great customer service and a good variation of different breeds and with a lot of helpful knowledge.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I had a good experience with Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and the people there were very nice. I live alone and I knew I wanted a kittye. I was with a friend and we were just holding a bunch of Persian kittens and I just clicked with one kitten. His name was Pablo and he's now five months and he has definitely impacted my life a lot. I would recommend Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, and I’d probably get another kitty in the future from them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We lost our other dog and my life was devastated. She was 18 years and one month and we had to put her to sleep. And I have another dog at 14. My wife heard good things about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and they were excellent. We walked in there and we walked out with a Maltese that we bought. She's a little Terrier and looks good. She is like a new person and she's a good girl but my 14-year old doesn't want to be bothered with a baby. Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is great and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens is a good place and it's near where we live. We got a Shih Tzu there who is eight months old now and she's doing very well. She is smart and very friendly. The only thing I didn't like about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was that they didn't say anything about the rate until we got everything set up and almost ready to sign. I loaned from a bank and the interest rate was at 20%. They should have told me in the beginning that I was approved at a certain rate. Otherwise, we're very happy. We love puppies and we love having a pet in our home.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I got a puppy from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens a couple months ago and there was a little misunderstanding with the pricing. When I was working on the price, they told me that he had the chip in his body and I didn't know I had to pay for that. They told me how much the puppy was and I went all the way to the bank to get the cash because I had no money. So, when I got to the cashier and I was gonna pay for it, I only had what they told me I was gonna pay for the puppy. And paying for the chip was over $150 more. If we were just talking about $20, $30, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But when we're talking about more than $100, they’ve gotta tell me right there and then and add it to the price. I was a little disappointed. But, at the end of the day, we worked it out and the girls were really nice. It was not a bad experience but if I were to refer a friend, I would tell them what happened to me so they’ll know upfront.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We've heard good things about Worldwide Puppies & Kittens, so we went in to check it out. There were two rottweilers and they gave us a comparison on the two dogs since we were interested in both. Luca, the one that we got, was the bigger one. We saw him and fell in love with him immediately. We asked Worldwide Puppies & Kittens to see him and they gave us some instruction on what his temperament’s like, his eating habits and how he’s getting along with the other dogs in the pen. Then, they groomed Luca before they gave him to us. He’s adorable and very well-behaved. He gets along well with my family and is great with my kids. He has a good appetite and is tiny but clumsy because of how big his paws are.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The new puppy was something that was spoken of in my household. And then one day, I found Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and walked out of the store with a dog. They had more variety than other sources and they seemed a lot safer and they took care of their pups a lot better. I got a Bernese Mountain dog. He is now five months and I feel like I have a child. He’s so playful and it’s the best because we’re very similar in energy. We have profuse bursts of energy and when it’s time to lay down, we’re gonna go lay down.

My favorite part of being at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was that they were very informative. Every question that I asked, whether it was about the breed or about overall caretaking, they had the answer. I was very appreciative about that. I did financing and it literally took five minutes. They made a call and it went through quickly and it was cool because I just got there probably half an hour before they even closed. The turnaround time was pretty good.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My boyfriend and I have been living together for a while now and we wanted to make the first step, so we got a puppy. We've used Worldwide Puppies and Kittens in the past and actually got my first dog from them. We were originally gonna get a French Bulldog but we couldn’t afford him. But we fell in love with a Mini Goldendoodle and he’s really cute. He just had a kennel cough when we got him but other than that, he’s pretty much healthy. He's five months now and since we had him, I feel so much happier. I would definitely recommend Worldwide Puppies and Kittens.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My daughter begged us for a cat and then I googled that and the closest one was Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We wanted to get a kitten from Craigslist which had a lot of private breeders. There were three of them, but they only had three kittens at the time. So, we looked for a natural store and what made me go through the store was they let me do a credit, which was good. They put a couple of the kittens in the room with us and they got used to playing with my daughter. And then they went to get the next batch. They kept going in the cages and bringing more kittens out. Whichever cat played the best with my daughter was the one that we went for. We named the Siamese cat Casper and so far, everything is good.

I just want Worldwide to let us know what the final price would be. They told us it was $1500 and then it ended up being $2850. It was doubled just because of all the fees afterward. The estimate needs to be better off. We need to know exactly how much this cat is gonna be. The credit plan at this time that I signed up for has a lot of interest and there’s a lot of fine print on it. There was no time to read that since I was there to pick something out and go. Worldwide didn’t really tell me too much about that and didn't tell me that they won't charge. There was a couple of different fees that were tacked on at the end.

Also, we had to go to those few vets that they sent us to in order to take advantage of their coupon that they gave me to get a free nail clipping and a free check-up. We can’t use our own vet. But other than that, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had a very big selection, which I was very satisfied. They gave us a starter kit, where I got a box of litter and the food. Also, they were willing to stick it out with us.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We searched for stores in the area and we were looking for a certain dog. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens happened to say that had breeders and carried them. So, we were told to come in and when we did, they didn’t have the dogs that we were looking for on site. The ones they had were too young and we were a little disappointed. Then we happened to see the dog that we ended up picking in the crate not facing us. They took him out, showed him to us, put him in the private room where we got a hold of him and play with him, and that was it. He was the best choice. They offered financing through a financing company for animals and we made a deal. All in all, the people there were very nice. One of the girls there was also very helpful and knowledgeable. Everything went smoothly and I was very happy with the service that they did and the breed of our dog. There was no bad feedback on the kennel line which was my main thing.

We ended up getting a brindle Boston Terrier. We got him at 10 weeks old and weighing two pounds. It seemed everything was checked out and the pet’s healthy and eating well. So far, everything is going good with him. He's amazing and he has made a big difference in our lives. He brings everybody a lot closer and gives me a lot less running around with the kids. They're so hyper but the dog's got their energy, so it tires them out. I love our dog.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was looking for another dog and I had bought one from Worldwide three years ago. I’m very happy with her, so that’s why I went back. My new puppy is a brown Mini Goldendoodle. His name is Bear and he's eight months old. The other dog that I got from Worldwide has a whitish color. I named her Sandy and she's two and a half. They make all of us very happy. Having them is so lively, and it’s a lot of fun and love. People have asked me where I got my dogs and I’ve told them that I’m very satisfied with Worldwide. The prices are a little high, but the puppies are so worth it. They’re healthy and loving, and people are not gonna go wrong when going with Worldwide.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I Googled and found Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. Our new pet is a little Munchkin cat and I got him as a gift. We named him Tupac and he’s seven months old. Picking the kitten was very easy. Worldwide showed me a couple of kittens and I picked one. My girlfriend’s happy.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My brother got a pet from Worldwide a couple of years ago, and he told me about them. I decided to stop at their pet store. I always wanted a white kitten but when I went to get the white one, a kitten that was a different color took a liking to me and he stuck to my foot so I ended up getting that one. Unfortunately, he passed away. I wanted another kitten and Worldwide had the white one that I wanted. The only thing was it didn't have blue eyes but when the guys put her in the room with me, her personality got to me. Rebecca, one of the staff, was the one who assisted me and she was very nice. She is a sweet girl who answered every question that I had. I must have called her a million times but she was very patient with me. I’m a lot happier since I got my kitten. You would think my kitten is a human. She doesn’t act like a kitten, and she's like my baby.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I walked in at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens and got hooked. The people there were very helpful, and I had a great experience. I got a toy poodle and she's five months now. And we named her Brownie. The young lady, Naomi, was really helpful with the whole process of getting Brownie. I was going to get a dog from a breeder from Pennsylvania, but then they explained that it would have been kind of a risky situation because I didn't know what I was getting. I would've gotten diseases and deformities. And I didn’t know that that even exist and so, I said I'd rather pay the extra money and know that everything's okay. She was very informative. Having Brownie is definitely an adjustment and it is a lot of work, but it's definitely rewarding. It's a lot of fun. Worldwide does a good job. They're a very honest, experienced small business which runs very well. And they have top quality pups that they offer.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My dog died, and I went to six different places looking for different dogs and the actual people that sold them. So, I was looking for a good place and a nice dog, and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens had the dog I was looking for. I've been visiting them for a while. I went to the store and I found the puppy that I wanted but when I came back, the puppy was sold. We found another puppy. And that happened three times. I went home, got my wife, came back and the dogs were gone. It's a very lucrative business. The staff at Worldwide was excellent, very polite, and very knowledgeable. The place is fine, too, and I was very pleased, and we had a good experience. We got a five months old Shih Tzu, and we named him Gizmo. My wife's a wreck trying to take care of it. I'd tell my friends to go to Worldwide.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I decided to get a new puppy a couple of months ago. I was looking for a Beagle and was looking at different puppy stores then I found the dog that I liked at Worldwide Puppies & Kittens. He was so cute and I got him. Worldwide was very helpful and I did financing through them. They were very nice and they made the process easy. Everything went very well. The puppy, Noah, is four months old and he is very playful and energetic. My life changed for the better and I really enjoy having him. Worldwide has a lot of different puppies and kittens to choose from. They also have a lot of things that you could purchase for the dog while you’re there and you can ask the people there any questions and they can answer it for you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I wanted a puppy and Worldwide Puppies & Kittens was the first place we went to. We looked and they had five puppies of the breed that I wanted, which was the Labrador Retriever. There was a little corral with some dogs in it and the puppy that I chose was in there. We picked him up and we were brought into a little area where we could be with him. The woman also brought in other puppies of the same breed for us to look at. The puppy that I got was expensive, so it’s not for everybody, but that was okay. My puppy, Jesse, is yellow-whitish and he’s three and a half months old now. He’s a lot of work. He’s up during the night and I have to get up and let him out, otherwise he’ll mess up in the house. I have to take care of my puppy, like having a baby.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The people at Worldwide were good and patient. A friend who went through the company recommended them. We sat with the dogs for a time and looked at their temperament, and then we got a Cavachon for our daughter. The puppy is five months now. There are a lot more pee, poop, and odors, but other than that, it’s a good dog.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was okay. I passed by Worldwide and I saw the puppy in the window. I went in then they put me in the room with the puppy and I took her. I’m happy I got the puppy but I wasn’t happy with Worldwide. The place was filthy. The people at Worldwide told me they were going to groom the puppy as she looks like an overgrown bear. She was so overgrown and I didn’t even know she had big ears. They sprayed her with flea powder and sent her out. It was horrible. But I got the dog, it’s great and I’m very happy with her. She’s so cute and a good dog. The puppy I got was six months old.

The people at Worldwide told me she was mixed with a Yorkie and a Bichon but she looks like a Chihuahua and the Yorkie coloring. She is only six and a half pounds. Now, she’s almost a year and a half. My life has changed considerably since I had the puppy. I lost my husband three years ago and having the puppy was a good experience. She brought love back into my life. It was very nice. My first dog ever so, it’s great. I’m so thankful that I have her and I believe she was a gift from God.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had a traumatic brain injury and I got a puppy as therapy and also to help me be responsible. First I looked up local pet shops on Long Island, where I live, then it led me to several different ones. Worldwide Puppies was one, and then Shake A Paw and Selmer’s Pet Land were the others. They first had pictures of their puppies online, then I went to look at the ones that were there. A Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier or a Miniature Schnauzer were the ones I wanted, and Worldwide Puppies had the Wheaten.

My puppy was three months when I got her and I have had her for a month now. She helps me with therapy because normally, I don’t like touching people. She also helps me be responsible. I have to get up on time to feed her and take her for a walk. She’s a pretty fine dog. However, when I call them up they don’t seem to be responsive. I called up about some questions but they didn't seem to have the answer, like about training things and they said I should call a puppy trainer. Nevertheless, they're okay.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information