2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bellmore, NY

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was looking for a specific breed of cat because I’ve had a cat before, but me and the cat's breed just didn’t mesh together well. I did some more extensive research on my own to figure out what breed of cat would fit me, and it was a Russian Blue. So, I went digging around online looking for a place that had a Russian Blue kitten because I wanted a kitten, not a full-grown cat. That was when I came across Worldwide Puppies and Kitten, and saw that they had a few Russian Blue kittens that I could look at. I gave them a call and they told me I could come in. I went in the next day and that’s when I found my little kitten. They let me spend time with her and I ended up buying her. They said in order for me to take her home, a certain amount has to be paid off, and I didn’t feel like going through all those steps. So, I just I bought her outright and brought her home. Everything was great.

She’s seven months now. She’s full of energy, and she likes to play. But her general disposition once she grows up is very calm, loving. She does her own thing and then when she’s ready for some petting, she’ll come and get my attention. I work from home, so I’m filled with terms. So, when I’m doing my thing, she can do her thing. And then when I’m just sitting here, she’ll come over and she’ll meow and hop on my lap. Having this new cat does work wonders. I’m an unfortunate ex-convict and they said pet’s therapy was a good way to help come out of the depression and stuff that comes from it. And my kitten has definitely helped out a lot. I had a good experience with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens, overall. They gave me everything I needed and they had a whole package deal set up.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We got our little Hope from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens about two months and a half ago, and everything has been going great. My son has been asking me for a dog for forever but I would always say no. Now, he’s old enough to do it on his own and I thought it was time for a change of energy in the house, so when he asked me this time, I said yes. He did all the research and we were looking for Morkies. When he went to Worldwide, he saw Hope, a Maltese, and the dog just came running up to him. He then felt like she’s the one. She picked him, and so he picked her. And then Worldwide has financing, so we took the financing.

Hope is now coming on three months and she’s really little. She’s all white with a little bit of apricot by her ears and at the top of her head. And though there were many days that I would ask why did I ever say yes to getting a dog, Hope is just adorable and the boys love her. And she adores both my boys, too. My younger son has been away for the weekend and Hope was waiting for him to come home. It was the cutest thing. And she had this bed that we got her but she didn’t like sleeping in it. We didn’t get rid of it because she still likes to sit on it, lay on it and play with her toys on it. Last night, she dragged it all the way from where her pen is to my son’s bedroom door and dropped it in front of my son’s bedroom door and lay there. It's big and she’s just like a little four-pound-peanut. She fought with it and she dragged on. I videotaped it, and it’s about four and a half minutes. I was like, where is she going with this thing?

She took a rest, then stopped halfway, and she got in and started playing. She was growling and was turning it. She was rolling around it, and she was falling out of it. I have never seen her do anything like that before. And then, she went all the way to the end of the hall, to my son’s door. She loves to go under his bed and then she won’t come out. I don’t even know what’s underneath his bed, but she comes out with something new all the time – chopstick, gum. So, we have to keep the door closed so she can’t go under the bed, and she just sat there waiting.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had always wanted a cat for years but I have really bad allergies. And then, I found out there was a hypoallergenic breed, the Russian blue. I couldn't find any other adoption agency in the Tri-state area that had Russian blue in stock. And then, any breeder who I had contacted in the Tri-state area had a six-month waiting list. And then, it wasn't guaranteed a girl or a boy for a lot of them. The application process was also much longer. But when I called up Worldwide, they had boys and girls in stock. I wanted a boy. But when I got there, the two boys that they had have been adopted. So, they only had girls left, but I really wanted one. So, I got a girl.

I was disappointed with a few aspects. They had some issue with eight weeks old, and they were pretty adamant about her being eight weeks old when I went to go and adopt her. But when I got her information with her birth date with the breeder, and then I brought her to the vet, she was 12 weeks old at the time. And she was also underweight for that age, so I had to put on a pretty special diet just to catch her up. And on top of that, when I picked her up, she had a yeast infection. My first vet visit was about a week after I had her, and she had a pretty nasty yeast infection on both ears. And the doctor didn't know where it's from. Worldwide also did underestimate me when I walked in. I think they didn't think I would spend the amount of money I did on my kitten. So, I really didn't get the attention 'till I said, "Yes, I will take her." And that was a little bit frustrating. But other than that, I'm very happy with this kitten, overall.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a block away from where my fiancé lived. I was recovering from cancer treatment and I thought it would cheer me up to see puppies and kittens. I thought I would go in and just be surrounded by all those cute little faces and all that positivity. I wasn’t intending to really purchase anything. I simply played with kittens for the enjoyment of it. So my process was very organic. When I saw a kitten, I asked if I could check it and they took me into a room. Then I saw how it works there. I simply enjoyed pointing at kittens and then playing with them. That was good for them too. They got out of their cages and played around a little it. It was a lot of fun.

Because Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had every breed, I asked if they had black or dark-colored ones too. They said they actually have what they call Smoky Persian and they said they could bring her out. I said I was happy to take a look at her. Maybe she was two months old at the time and out of all the kittens, she was the only one that wasn’t afraid of me. She was interested in me. She wasn’t aloof and she was happy to play. She liked being petted too. She was just this fearless little bundle of joy. It was her personality above her breed and how beautiful she was that grabbed me. A week went by and I kept thinking about how joyful, fearless and friendly she was. She was very lovable. I went back a week later but before I asked for her, I played with six more kittens. I just pointed out different kittens just for fun and they told me a little bit about each kitten.

Then I asked if they still had the little Smoky Persian and they said yes. Then they brought her out from the back. I thought I could get myself to not adopt her by looking at more kittens but as soon as I saw her, I lit up and I thought it was meant to be. I adopted her by myself and at first, I wasn’t sure how my fiancé was gonna take it. But he absolutely adores her. He can’t wait to see her and he can't get enough of her. He plays with her. I also have an older kitty that I adopted in college from an animal shelter and he has been a lot more energetic since she’s been around. I’m also very happy to see her when I come home. She runs up to the door and greets me. So I think she improved the quality of life of everyone in my household. She’s just wonderful.

There were just a few things that they didn’t make clear to me before I adopted her. They didn’t explain that there were gonna be additional fees, not that I had a problem with any of it but nobody broke it down for me. After I signed all the paperwork, they were like, “Oh, and by the way...” After I saw the final cost that I had to pay right there, I was kinda stunned by it. I didn’t realize it was gonna come to that much money. My heart was pounding a little bit because I thought that this is how much she cost and I figured there would be a little bit of taxes. But they were also great because they brought her around in this nice box with a little ribbon on it. I got some cat food too. I didn’t know that I was even gonna get any freebies with it.

My only other concern was that there was a tower of cat cages and it was really close to the door where people kept coming in and out. It was still winter at the time and I noticed the kitten at the bottom was getting a constant cold draft. Its eyes were watery and it didn’t look so good. That put me off a little bit but I brought it to someone's attention. That aside, the place was great. It was clean and everybody looked happy and healthy. The staff was friendly too. Everybody was nice whenever I went in there.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My son asked me 100 times every day for a Maine Coon, and with Worldwide being the only place to have it, I decided to go with them. The type of cat that they had was perfect, however, the price was not too good. When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said they have cats in the range of 400 to 1,100. When I got there the night I bought the Coon, they said the one that they had was 2,000 something. And then, they also said I had to spend another 200 for the chip. When I left, I spent 2,300, which I never expected. But I've been searching for that type of cat, so I decided to get it. If I could have gotten it somewhere else, though, I would have.

I would still recommend Worldwide. The kittens that they sell are of the correct breed. I got a straight Maine Coon. It's not a mixed. I had one before, so I know a lot about them. Also, the Coon that they gave me is only eight months, and it's 20 pounds already. They top out at 29 pounds. This is a big cat and if you look at it, he's big but not fat, it's proteins. And it's healthy. I brought it to the vet for a first visit and a second visit, and there was no problem. The only thing is, Worldwide should tell people over the phone about the range and the prices that they have before the customers reach them. I drove all the way from the Bronx to get to them. And whatever price they told me that night, I was gonna leave out of there with this kitten. When you fall in love with something, you don't walk away, regardless. The cat is like another family member now and my son and my wife are happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I wanted a kitten and was looking for a purebred Devon Rex, and Worldwide had one. The process getting it was pretty cool, and though it was very expensive, I have the most amazing kitten.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We are in love!! We had been looking for another puppy for a couple weeks. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is extremely lean and the staff were very nice. Danielle helped us and she was very knowledgable and helpful. My son really wanted a big dog, but I was worried about our two teacup dogs at home. Danielle helped us decide on getting a yellow lab and he fits in perfectly. Everywhere we go people stop us and comment on how cute he is!! I highly recommend going here.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I got two Bengal kittens from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and they've been growing huge. They are very healthy. Picking them up was very easy. I was able to finance and take them the same day. the staff was very helpful and the process was explained correctly. I also liked that they had purebreds.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Working with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was really nice. They showed me all of the dogs available from the breed I wanted. They had a pretty good collection, and then I picked. I got a Mini Goldendoodle. And I love my new puppy.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I was looking for a dog and the rep went through everything and did everything she was supposed to do. I had no problem with them. The process was beautiful. The bulldog was a Christmas present for my granddaughter and she’s in love with it. It’s biting the hell out of her, but they’re in love with each other.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information