It's that easy Request Information
4.42/5

Bellmore, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens has been placing puppies and kittens in loving homes for over the last 13 years. We have a beautiful location in Bellmore New York, with private viewing rooms that you and your family can spend time with a cute puppy or kitten. At Worldwide Puppies & Kittens we specialize in micro and toy sized puppies, such as Yorkshire Terriers, white Maltese, Long haired and short haired Chihuahuas and Imperial Shih-Tzu Puppies to name a few! We also offer a wide selection of medium to large sized puppies, such as Pomkys, Mini goldendoodles, English Bulldogs & Boxers. Come see us Today to take home your new best friend!

228 Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 10, 2019

We got our little Hope from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens about two months and a half ago, and everything has been going great. My son has been asking me for a dog for forever but I would always say no. Now, he’s old enough to do it on his own and I thought it was time for a change of energy in the house, so when he asked me this time, I said yes. He did all the research and we were looking for Morkies. When he went to Worldwide, he saw Hope, a Maltese, and the dog just came running up to him. He then felt like she’s the one. She picked him, and so he picked her. And then Worldwide has financing, so we took the financing.

Hope is now coming on three months and she’s really little. She’s all white with a little bit of apricot by her ears and at the top of her head. And though there were many days that I would ask why did I ever say yes to getting a dog, Hope is just adorable and the boys love her. And she adores both my boys, too. My younger son has been away for the weekend and Hope was waiting for him to come home. It was the cutest thing. And she had this bed that we got her but she didn’t like sleeping in it. We didn’t get rid of it because she still likes to sit on it, lay on it and play with her toys on it. Last night, she dragged it all the way from where her pen is to my son’s bedroom door and dropped it in front of my son’s bedroom door and lay there. It's big and she’s just like a little four-pound-peanut. She fought with it and she dragged on. I videotaped it, and it’s about four and a half minutes. I was like, where is she going with this thing?

She took a rest, then stopped halfway, and she got in and started playing. She was growling and was turning it. She was rolling around it, and she was falling out of it. I have never seen her do anything like that before. And then, she went all the way to the end of the hall, to my son’s door. She loves to go under his bed and then she won’t come out. I don’t even know what’s underneath his bed, but she comes out with something new all the time – chopstick, gum. So, we have to keep the door closed so she can’t go under the bed, and she just sat there waiting.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had always wanted a cat for years but I have really bad allergies. And then, I found out there was a hypoallergenic breed, the Russian blue. I couldn't find any other adoption agency in the Tri-state area that had Russian blue in stock. And then, any breeder who I had contacted in the Tri-state area had a six-month waiting list. And then, it wasn't guaranteed a girl or a boy for a lot of them. The application process was also much longer. But when I called up Worldwide, they had boys and girls in stock. I wanted a boy. But when I got there, the two boys that they had have been adopted. So, they only had girls left, but I really wanted one. So, I got a girl.

I was disappointed with a few aspects. They had some issue with eight weeks old, and they were pretty adamant about her being eight weeks old when I went to go and adopt her. But when I got her information with her birth date with the breeder, and then I brought her to the vet, she was 12 weeks old at the time. And she was also underweight for that age, so I had to put on a pretty special diet just to catch her up. And on top of that, when I picked her up, she had a yeast infection. My first vet visit was about a week after I had her, and she had a pretty nasty yeast infection on both ears. And the doctor didn't know where it's from. Worldwide also did underestimate me when I walked in. I think they didn't think I would spend the amount of money I did on my kitten. So, I really didn't get the attention 'till I said, "Yes, I will take her." And that was a little bit frustrating. But other than that, I'm very happy with this kitten, overall.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have an autistic child and I also have a typical 14-year old who was dying to have a pet. I did some research on cats to see which breed of cat would be very friendly, and we found a ragdoll kitten which I've never heard of before. They are known for being really friendly and easygoing. So, we looked around to see if we could find one and Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had them. We got an outrageously expensive but beautiful kitten. The kitten is extremely friendly like a puppy and it needs a lot of care and attention. I love cats but I haven't had a cat for many years so I forgot what it's like to have a kitten and it's like having a baby in the house.

When we went to the pet shop to get the kitten, it was a really busy day and I wished that we have had more customer service. The staff left us alone too long and there were a couple of kittens I wanted to see but it was hard to get their attention. And even when they were trying to complete the sale, they stopped the sale two or three times to talk to other customers. I work in a daycare and when families bring children, then I have to spend a lot of time and attention. Unless something is really critical that needs my time and attention, I don't stop working with the family to help a different family or to do something else. Also, other people there that day were rude. They walked over right in the middle of my time with somebody and say, "Excuse me, can I see that puppy? Can I do this?" But beyond that, the staff were friendly. The kitten and the puppies look like they're really clean and well cared for, and the store is really organized.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens is a block away from where my fiancé lived. I was recovering from cancer treatment and I thought it would cheer me up to see puppies and kittens. I thought I would go in and just be surrounded by all those cute little faces and all that positivity. I wasn’t intending to really purchase anything. I simply played with kittens for the enjoyment of it. So my process was very organic. When I saw a kitten, I asked if I could check it and they took me into a room. Then I saw how it works there. I simply enjoyed pointing at kittens and then playing with them. That was good for them too. They got out of their cages and played around a little it. It was a lot of fun.

Because Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had every breed, I asked if they had black or dark-colored ones too. They said they actually have what they call Smoky Persian and they said they could bring her out. I said I was happy to take a look at her. Maybe she was two months old at the time and out of all the kittens, she was the only one that wasn’t afraid of me. She was interested in me. She wasn’t aloof and she was happy to play. She liked being petted too. She was just this fearless little bundle of joy. It was her personality above her breed and how beautiful she was that grabbed me. A week went by and I kept thinking about how joyful, fearless and friendly she was. She was very lovable. I went back a week later but before I asked for her, I played with six more kittens. I just pointed out different kittens just for fun and they told me a little bit about each kitten.

Then I asked if they still had the little Smoky Persian and they said yes. Then they brought her out from the back. I thought I could get myself to not adopt her by looking at more kittens but as soon as I saw her, I lit up and I thought it was meant to be. I adopted her by myself and at first, I wasn’t sure how my fiancé was gonna take it. But he absolutely adores her. He can’t wait to see her and he can't get enough of her. He plays with her. I also have an older kitty that I adopted in college from an animal shelter and he has been a lot more energetic since she’s been around. I’m also very happy to see her when I come home. She runs up to the door and greets me. So I think she improved the quality of life of everyone in my household. She’s just wonderful.

There were just a few things that they didn’t make clear to me before I adopted her. They didn’t explain that there were gonna be additional fees, not that I had a problem with any of it but nobody broke it down for me. After I signed all the paperwork, they were like, “Oh, and by the way...” After I saw the final cost that I had to pay right there, I was kinda stunned by it. I didn’t realize it was gonna come to that much money. My heart was pounding a little bit because I thought that this is how much she cost and I figured there would be a little bit of taxes. But they were also great because they brought her around in this nice box with a little ribbon on it. I got some cat food too. I didn’t know that I was even gonna get any freebies with it.

My only other concern was that there was a tower of cat cages and it was really close to the door where people kept coming in and out. It was still winter at the time and I noticed the kitten at the bottom was getting a constant cold draft. Its eyes were watery and it didn’t look so good. That put me off a little bit but I brought it to someone's attention. That aside, the place was great. It was clean and everybody looked happy and healthy. The staff was friendly too. Everybody was nice whenever I went in there.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My son asked me 100 times every day for a Maine Coon, and with Worldwide being the only place to have it, I decided to go with them. The type of cat that they had was perfect, however, the price was not too good. When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said they have cats in the range of 400 to 1,100. When I got there the night I bought the Coon, they said the one that they had was 2,000 something. And then, they also said I had to spend another 200 for the chip. When I left, I spent 2,300, which I never expected. But I've been searching for that type of cat, so I decided to get it. If I could have gotten it somewhere else, though, I would have.

I would still recommend Worldwide. The kittens that they sell are of the correct breed. I got a straight Maine Coon. It's not a mixed. I had one before, so I know a lot about them. Also, the Coon that they gave me is only eight months, and it's 20 pounds already. They top out at 29 pounds. This is a big cat and if you look at it, he's big but not fat, it's proteins. And it's healthy. I brought it to the vet for a first visit and a second visit, and there was no problem. The only thing is, Worldwide should tell people over the phone about the range and the prices that they have before the customers reach them. I drove all the way from the Bronx to get to them. And whatever price they told me that night, I was gonna leave out of there with this kitten. When you fall in love with something, you don't walk away, regardless. The cat is like another family member now and my son and my wife are happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Worldwide Puppies and Kittens?

Original review: July 9, 2019

Worldwide Puppies had better reviews when I went online and Googled pet sources. I saw the Russian Blue kitten and we took it. I’ve had it for four months. We like it and it has made life better.

Original review: July 4, 2019

We used to have two Boxers and we had to put one of the dogs down. We decided we wanted another dog and Worldwide Puppies made the process of getting my pet easy. We went and saw the dogs in the afternoon and we were able to pick them up at night after doing the paperwork.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I wanted a new puppy for emotional support and I wasn't finding anything that we were looking for as far as to adopt. We were looking for something small and hypoallergenic. Then I happened to be out at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and it was a spontaneous thing. I paid for the puppy with my credit card. The interesting thing was the paperwork. I was told the father was a toy poodle and the mother was supposed to have been a Bichon. But every time I see a vet or people in the dog industry like trainers and in pet stores, everybody says it's Havanese. I don't know if there was some kind of mistake. I see pictures online and I compare the two. My dog doesn't seem to look anything like Bichon. Still, she's great company. I went through a traumatic thing and she definitely helps fill that void. I would recommend Worldwide Puppies.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We were riding by Worldwide and I thought of going in. I didn’t have any intention of getting a puppy, but when I saw BJ, I fell in love. He was just too cute to leave. He’s a French Bulldog. He’s all white and has some light beige streaks on his back and ears. He’s about 4 months old now. Since I've had him, my life has been a lot more active than it has been. I’ve already recommended everyone who's seen him to Worldwide. They all want one, too. I also got financing through Worldwide and it went quickly.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Purchasing a puppy from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was easy. We picked a black and white Siberian Husky and got to meet with it. We played around with it a little bit and then Worldwide went over the financials. We bought it the next day and since then, everybody has been happier. We're a little less stressed out. The puppy has blue eyes and a cute face. It has a very nice smile. We had a great experience with Worldwide. Everybody there is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and kind.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We got a Shar Pei Puggle from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. My boyfriend and I have been looking to get a new puppy for about a year. And we were looking for a particular breed because my brother has this breed. And we were looking around for a while and couldn’t find the breed anywhere. And so, we called Worldwide and they had the breed, and we came in and saw the dog and decided that we were gonna take him home that day. We got him when he was almost around four months. He’s five months now.

Our purchasing experience with Worldwide was fairly easy. We walked in, and we played with our puppy for a while, played with a couple of other puppies, and then we decided for sure we wanted to get that puppy. Having the new puppy is a lot of responsibility. We knew that it was a lot that came with getting a new puppy, but it’s a different experience when you’re actually dealing with the puppy. Our puppy is a little bit stubborn, so it’s a lot of patience. And just wanting to socialize him, so while we’re at work, he goes to doggy day care. He loves it. He loves socializing with dogs. Overall, it was a good experience. It’s my boyfriend and I’s first dog. It’s been good so far.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I love cats but I don't have time for them. Finally, I live alone so I get time to have one. The process of selecting a kitten from Worldwide is good. You can find what you really like and they'll care of it. My new kitten from Worldwide is cute.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I wanted a puppy and got a mini goldendoodle. I was looking for that specific breed because he's hypoallergenic. He's small and cute too. I had gone to Worldwide's website initially. I looked but I figured they wouldn't have what they posted online so I would have to go into the store and see what was available and if I like him or her. I went to the store, played with a few puppies and looked at what they had. It was nice. The staff was friendly too. They were cool. They put us in a room, explained a couple of things and answered our questions. At the time, we were deciding between him or another mini goldendoodle, and I just gravitated towards him. I can't go anywhere now without figuring out what I'm gonna do with him.

The only thing is that he eats his poop. The vet told me that he was probably in cage and they didn't clean up fast enough. That's kind of impossible too when you have a bunch of puppies. But it seemed that he may be eating his poop out of habit. He's getting over that though. We've been doing a couple of things. We're trying to train him and make sure that he doesn't do that anymore. But overall, I was happy with the experience. I think their prices were a little above the norm but I understand they're in the business of making money. They’re pricey but pretty good. We went with the financing.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Let me start by saying I have no experience in the sale of dogs but although I love him very much these are things I didn't like. 1. Kennel cough. If you knew my dog was sick. You should have not sold him until he was well .2. PARASITES in his poop yet again if you did a proper vet visit you would have know he had that and not sold him that way. 3. Very overpriced. I have done my research more and at most 2,300 and not more so I kinda feel they don't post their prices to up them and lower them when they feel like it. I love my baby very much but I wouldn't get another dog from here at all. They were very nice just not HONEST. This is just how I feel about my experience.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We got a puppy from Worldwide. We found them online and we went to see them. Then we left and had dinner and then went back there. The paperwork and stuff seemed to take a bit, but it was fine. The people there were nice. They also gave us a whole bunch of products that were helpful. The puppy had a little bit of kennel cough, but she was good.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We were looking for a puppy and checked out a few places and ended up at Worldwide and bought the puppy from them. They have the dog that we are looking for, which is a Victorian Bulldog. They were very cordial when I went there. They allowed us to play with the puppy in a little room for about a good 20 minutes to see if that was something that we wanted to do. We had left the store and came back right before they closed to purchase the puppy. The paperwork was pretty simple. They gave us everything that we needed for the vets, so everything was a pretty smooth transition. The new puppy is a handful. You gotta constantly watch it and everything else that goes along with being a parent. But I love him to death.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We had a dog before. He’s a little Rat Terrier, like a small Chihuahua. We had him for 14 years and he was part of our family. When he died, it was really impactful on us. My mom and my sister were really crushed about that. They wanted a new puppy and from the last puppy, we know how to take care of them more and how to give dogs a better life. We didn’t know that before so now, we’re taking care of them more.

We saw the puppies of Worldwide Puppies outside. We saw how adorable they were and we just went inside. The people in there were really cool. They helped us along the process and it was a good experience. It was also a pretty quick process. It didn’t take long before we got the puppy. His name is Charlie. My mom and my sister said he was the one, and they just went on there on emotion. He was the oldest one in there and he's really lovable. He doesn’t like to fight and he has a huggable nature. He’s like a baby. If you don’t want a baby, like a real human baby, get a puppy. They are like babies and they stay a baby all the time. Even if they’re walking, they still wanna be carried around like a baby. It’s a lot of responsibility though. You have to feed them and take them out everyday. We also recommended Worldwide Puppies and Kittens to a friend and they got a puppy too.

Original review: April 24, 2019

When it was time to get a dog, I didn’t wanna get one just anywhere and not know the background, so I researched where to get good breed dogs. My best friend got her bulldog from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens seven years ago and had a good experience. The bulldog has been healthy and good, too. So, I decided to buy from them as well.

I was looking for a Bernedoodle or something mixed with a poodle. I know they don’t shed as much as short-haired dogs. I almost got a Bernedoodle but it was too expensive for me. And when I was leaving, I saw the Goldendoodle which cost less than what they were asking for the Bernedoodle. I fell in love with the Goldendoodle and bought him. The person that helped me was very nice and pleasant, too. I looked at three different dogs before I decided on the Goldendoodle and she was really patient. So far, my dog is adjusting very well. I've had him for two months and he’s 90% potty-trained.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We never had a cat before, so we were interested in getting one. My friend referred me to Worldwide Puppies and Kittens and I found it online. We talked about it and we took a drive, and I ended up taking one home. The new kitten's name is Cleo and she is a Bengal. She is tiny. When we got her, she could only breathe from one nostril. The other one was clogged for some reason. I fell in love with her and I wasn't gonna stand there and turn around, so we took her. We talked to the vet because surgery was first recommended, but she was too little. Nonetheless, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was a good place compared to the other ones that I have seen despite what happened with her. They were all so clean. It has been crazy since we added Cleo into the family. We had three dogs, then we added her. We didn’t know if it was gonna work, but it fit in great. She gets along with them wonderfully, so she is a great addition to the family.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My son wanted a cat but we live in Delaware where we don’t have a lot of pet stores. We only have shelters and we didn’t want a sheltered pet because you don’t really know what you’re getting. Then we happened to be in New York for our grandmother’s funeral and I saw that there was a pet shop there. We got a white Persian kitten with blue eyes and the process of choosing her was instant. We had already looked around from seeing her online. We just had to go in and see if she was there. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was also really good in assisting us through the process. We did the financing and we were satisfied with that as well. Our kitten is going on six months now and she's kinda high-maintenance but it’s been okay for the most part. We also found out last week that our daughter is allergic to her so she’s not allowed to play with her.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens seemed pretty good so I wound up buying a Rottweiler with excellent health condition from them. Dealing with them was really nice. Their reps were pretty good and very friendly.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens had the puppy that I wanted. The puppy is great but I'm not happy with their adoption process. I spent an extra thousand dollars at Worldwide for no reason. I had to buy a special dog food which was half the price somewhere else and I had to buy other stuff that the puppy never had. They said it had to come with the puppy if I take her home. Also, they recommended a vet and that guy is a rip-off. It takes 40 minutes from my house to get to the vet. I went there twice, and I didn't go there anymore. It cost me three times more her shots there than it did somewhere else. I also got her fixed and that vet was charging me three times the amount than the other guy.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We happened to pass Worldwide Puppies and Kittens a couple of times. We went in and the people were very nice and informed. We bought a Cavachon puppy. Other than being a crazy, wild puppy like Cavachons normally are, the puppy's fine. Everything went great with the process and they suggested purchasing puppy supplies or food from them which was partially within the price. Worldwide Puppies and Kittens has been very helpful and good to deal with, so we've been going back ever since. We now take our other dog there to get grooming services.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We had a dog before, a Boxer, that passed away and the house was really empty. The kids wanted another dog. I was doing some research online for a good store and found out that I’m not too far away from Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. We went there for a couple of days and it was clean, the people were nice and they gave me a lot of information about the different dogs that they had. It was a good experience. We then got a puppy and it was very easy. Sometimes kennel cough is an issue for pet stores but the puppy I got had no issues.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My nephew got to pick up a dog at Worldwide Puppies. They were there for a while and then he called me. I was there to sign some papers for the financing. I went through the paperwork and the staff was really helpful. It went pretty smoothly and they were happy getting the puppy there. It’s a cute little puppy.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I googled "Abyssinian Kitten Long Island" and boom, it was available at Worldwide Puppies and Kittens. I filled out my information and they called me back saying they had a batch of kittens available. I saw a few kittens on Craigslist and other sites but nothing was quite as accessible and it didn’t seem as legit. When we first put in our deposit with Worldwide Puppies and Kittens though, they said that the kittens were still not big enough and that they have to be at least two pounds before they could give them to us.

They told us to expect it to be 10 days to two weeks max but it ended up being about three and a half weeks before we were able to get them, which screwed my schedule up because I reserved work off the week. Also, when you have a purebred Abyssinian, they have an ID number of the cat or the cat’s mom and I haven't gotten that yet. They said that they would mail me, which I’ve called and they said it was in the mail but I never received it yet. Still, as far as the health condition of the kittens is concerned, it’s the best. They're the best two animals I’ve ever had and they're totally fearless. Even the moment we got them, they were incredibly social and they came out and greeted us. It was fantastic. They are so well-behaved and they're just really fun and hilarious little guys.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My other cat died and I decided to get another one. I was in the area and was driving by when I chose Worldwide to get a cat from. The cat is an Abyssinian type and it was six months old when I got him. Everything with the process of getting the kitten was good except for two things. The original age they told me was a little different than when I picked him up on the paperwork, in which it was a little older. It was almost two months old. I didn’t want a small cat but it looks like I got a small cat because I thought he was a little younger, but that wasn't a big deal. It was also a lot to confirm some vet visits that were included. It was only to a place that is 15 miles from me, so why would I do that? Nevertheless, my new cat is wonderful and the experience with Worldwide was good.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We fell in love with the dog we got from Worldwide. He is cute. He was five months when we got him. He’s about seven months now and he’s doing fine. He's very healthy and a good dog. Worldwide is great. They gave us a little trial visit with the dog. It was fun and they gave us the dog the next day. They did a good job and I am happy with the dog.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My cat just died so I decided to get a new kitten. I looked at where I can get kittens. I'm in Long Island and in other places far from where I am, they didn’t have stock in store and there are no prices when you walk-in. You have to choose a cat, then they tell you the price. On the other hand, Worldwide Puppies and Kittens was the closest location for me, so I went to look. They had very good service. You choose a kitten after they offer it at the room and we play with each kitten after. I got a Himalayan, it’s Persian and Siamese mix. He is a precious kitten. I love him. It was expensive, but I’m very satisfied with the experience.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 8, 2019

Worldwide Puppies & Kittens have good pets but I had a problem with them. I wanted a new cat and I got a cat from them. I've fallen in love with the cat but it got really sick and they had to write it up as not fit for sale. I had to pick another one because they wouldn’t give me my money back because it was past the 14 days. My eight year old son was heartbroken that we lost the first cat and it’s annoying that the second cat got ringworm. We had to bring him to the vet and I had to give him antibiotics medicine all over his body. Then my son got a ringworm, too. It’s just ridiculous. I still have the cat and we love it. It’s just not fair that it doesn’t matter that you pay the vet’s admission fee. I should have gotten some kind of compensation for having a sick cat or a partial refund dealing with that. You shouldn’t get a sick cat especially if you're paying almost $3,000 for it. I got a cat off the street and I took care of it, and it was never sick like that. I’m very upset.

Worldwide Puppies and Kittens Company Information